Windows Support Forum

Having trouble getting a connection for LAN gaming over wireless

Q: Having trouble getting a connection for LAN gaming over wireless

Fine using a wired ethernet connection, but when we attempt to use wireless no connection what so ever. Both laptops are running windows 7. Really am stuck and have no clue how to do much computer wise. Tell me what you need and how to do it and i'll post otherwise this is all I have atm.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Having trouble getting a connection for LAN gaming over wireless

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Having trouble getting a connection for LAN gaming over wireless

Please post ipconfig results with wired connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-getting-a-connection-for-lan-gaming-over-wireless.177854/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone Built myself a computer very nice it is too and started playing cs s on it and every minute or so I d lag a bit Because my wirelesss connection was such a high signal strength I thought it was my PSU not being good enough w running ATi Radeon HD so I went and bought an Corsair TX w Of course this didn t improve the problem Whilst playing counter strike I wasn t able to view my ping during the - second lags to see if it was internet-lag or computer-lag But now I play cod online I see that during the lags my ping will go up from to So I m on XP connected wirelessly to a Belkin F D - v through a Lags Gaming every minute Connection whilst Wireless 1 Belkin Wireless G Universal Range Extender I connect through the repeater because I get a better signal strength but this problem occurs when connected to either I read on one of those Yahoo Answers pages this may be down to my ISP or a microwave in the way There is a microwave in the way sort of and it s a super-high powered thing too is this the solution Smash up the microwave for improved wireless Thanks ever so much Russell Bishop www russbishop co uk nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I know I ve seen this title a few times on here but none lead to my specific problem I have wireless on my machine which connects to my boyfriend s machine My Wireless Connection With Trouble network connection shows VERY GOOD but I cannot get any applications to connect with the internet I removed the wireless application using REMOVE in the Control Page then when I tried to re-install it tells me everything drivers etc are already installed and try using the uninstall in the program I have reset the modem I ve unplugged my machine and re-started it I ve tried everything I can Trouble With Wireless Connection and still no luck I did see in this forum that being far away from the modem can change some things I m upstairs and boyfriend s machine and modem are downstairs He is hardwired into a cable modem Gig Pentium Windows XP Professional HP printer No other weird programs I m not a gamer so nothing weird there Help Thanks evenstarjm nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I am running Windows 7 on an HP Pavillion dv2000

My computer is not recognizing any wireless connections. When I start my computer up, the bottom right corner shows my connection option as the red x through the wire. Usually if I cannot connect to wireless, it would show the wireless symbol with an x. I am currently connected through an ethernet cable. My other computers, phone, and xbox live all are working fine, so I know it is just the computer.

i uploaded a picture of the bottom right of my screen just to clarify.

Any advice would be appreciated!

A:trouble with wireless connection

this may be simple, but when you cannot connect to a wireless network, is your ethernet cable plugged into your laptop? I noticed on mine yesterday that wireless doesn't show up at the same time that ethernet cable is in your LAN port. Try disconnecting the ethernet cable and restarting the computer.
You should also check Control panel - Network and sharing center - change adapter setting to see if there is an exclamation point on your wireless card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408877/trouble-with-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have been using my HP dv us laptop to connect to the internet wirelessly without trouble until a week ago A few weeks ago I brought it over to my boyfriend's house connected to Wireless Connection Trouble a local unsecured network and it was fine In the last two weeks Wireless Connection Trouble I decided to set up a network with his computer so I didn't have to use someone else's wireless I connected a wireless router to his cable Wireless Connection Trouble modem and everything worked fine The computers joined up like they'd known each other for years That lasted one day The next day that connection Wireless Connection Trouble was lost and my laptop lost it's ability to connect to other wireless networks also I can see them in the list they are of good strength but when I try to connect it attempts briefly and just says it can't The network with his connection may be due to Comcast being finicky or my wireless router I suspect I'll be tackling those problems next but for now I would be happy to have my wireless connection functional again I have tried changing settings and restarting no luck I have updated the drivers for the wireless adapter which is a Broadcom b g I rolled back the driver which only seemed to weaken the strength of the available networks I am nearing the point of insanity trying to figure out what is causing this To complicate things I installed some of the recent windows updates for my computer both two weeks ago not sure if the problem was before this or after and then again in the last day or so Nothing has helped and I am clueless at this point Anyone have any helpful suggestions Any would be appreciated Thanks K

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/195753-wireless-connection-trouble.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My ThinkPad T with Windows XP Professional SP cannot connect wirelessly I can enable the card view available networks and attempt to connect However it cannot acquire a network address on any wireless network home college My Wireless Connection Trouble with Starbucks hotels etc most of the time When it does connect I get the Limited to no connectivity popup leading me to believe that the problem is on my end I have updated Trouble with My Wireless Connection my drivers uninstalled reinstalled the network card performed release renew using ipconfig in the cmd prompt and did a TCP IP stack repair Whenever I try release renew in cmd it says that there is an hardware error I have an Intel PRO MT Mobile Networking Card and an Intel PRO Wireless BG Wireless Card I was referred to this thread by johnwill in networking who feels that some malware is messing with my stack setttings Our dialogue Trouble with My Wireless Connection is at http www techsupportforum com f ml post Here's my log The extra txt file is attached Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Tyler on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Installed GMATPrep TM -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Removed Norton WMI Update Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis run as Tyler exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C WINDOWS system wwSecure exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe C Program Files ThinkPad UltraNav Wizard UNavTray EXE C IBMTOOLS UTILS ibmprc exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA DIMENS D exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCTRAY EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCWLICON EXE C Program F... Read more

Relevancy 59.34%

My work laptop is having problems connection with internet.
My computer Wind. xp pro. My aircard Sprint PCS Vision Sierra Wireless 597E modem device.
These computers and aircards work fine in OKC(with my job). in my home area(boondocks), there are no Sprint towers. I talked to my local phone company that all the aircards have to use and they talked about many internet providers using their towers, including Sprint. They also said if my aircard is static IP, that they don't have this. I don't know what this means.
My air card says connecting and then disconnected, repeatedly over and over, early in the day. But in the evenings(when I am not trying to work), the internet is able to connect to the internet. To me, sounds like to much traffic trying to connect with the towers.
Can you give me advice on what I can do to connect.?

A:wireless internet connection trouble

Change ISP providers I would imagine. You have described a classic bottleneck of the resources of your wireless carrier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-trouble.731321/
Relevancy 59.34%

I need help. I am connecting to the internet using a linksys wireless connection that is available to me. The problem I am having is sometimes when I try to connect to Mozilla/Firefox or IE I get the message cannot connect to wireless.colubris300.com because it does not have valid credentials. When I click on accept one time I get one of the local wireless internet providers home/sign-up page. This message has even broken into my connection while I am surfing or downloading from a web site. I have contacted the owner of this site and he tells me that what is happening is impossible and that I do not know what I am talking about. Since I cannot get rid of the the owner I need help getting rid of this problem.

Ed/A

A:Trouble w/local wireless connection

"... using a linksys wireless connection that is available to me."

Sounds like you are illegally free loading on a neighbor's unsecured network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-w-local-wireless-connection.690768/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have been having trouble with my wireless connection in vista. It hangs at identifying, and when I ran the diagnostic tool included with my laptop, it tells me that it is failing to aquire and IP from the router. At first I thought it might have been a driver problem but I have a second USB wireless card that I use for linux support, and it has the exact same problem. I also downloaded a Linux live distro, and I have absolutely NO problems connecting ever. This seems to be a windows related issue, any ideas on how to fix it so that I can reliably connect to my AP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-wireless-connection-only-in-vista.834118/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a problem holding my connection When I start the laptop the connection is not there its most annoying but both the laptop manufacturer and the connection lapton Wireless trouble ISP Wireless lapton trouble connection say its not them Toshiba wireless Laptop with BT broadband on Voyager Wireless network available but not mine Diagnose and repair says there might be a problem with one or more network adaptors plug cable into network adaptor Conifree - Wireless network connection Repair Wireless lapton trouble connection reset IP address Does nothing If I plug the laptop directly into the Voyager with the thick yellow cable it connects Once I get a connection it holds it for sometimes all day but more often than not it will drop connection There is another laptop in the house which has an external wireless adaptor and that has no trouble in getting a connection The laptop was returned to the manufacture for a different problem but I said I was getting problems They said there was nothing wrong and it had been tested I contacted BT who took remote control times since Xmas and they say it s a problem with the wireless part in the computer in fact once they said that my laptop did not had a wireless component I really would like somebody to tell me which is the problem nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I have an old modem and router and over the past three days or so the connection keeps going. I'm completely unable to surf the web when trying to go wireless because when I try to connect to it I either can't, or I have limited access and pages are unable to load. I'm currently using a LAN (Ethernet) cable but this seems to cut out quite a bit.
I'm using a Motorola SB5101e Modem, and a Netgear WGr614 v6 Router.
We've got 3 Laptops in the house and neither can connect but the XBox's work fine when using an Ethernet cable.

I'm not the best with computers so if anyone can help it will probably be needed to be explained very easily.
Thanks in advance for any help

A:Trouble Connecting to Wireless Connection

Do you have the same problem with a computer connected directly to the modem?

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-connection.1042222/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have been using the G connection on this computer since I got it now I would like to connect to a wireless signal but have been unable to I get an error msg that says quot there might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter quot I have only used the regular wireless connection once -before I got the G working which took some doing- and ever since that I have been unable to connect to a wifi signal I checked and it looks like the driver for the above is up to date Any help MUCH appreciated Matt Toshiba Netbook NB Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Starter bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Mb Hard Drives C Connection Trouble 3G/Wireless Network Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NPVAA 3G/Wireless Network Connection Trouble AB Antivirus Panda Cloud Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Please bear with me while I explain this story as it has multiple components any of which may be causing this problem I recently moved into a new apartment and I ve tried connecting to the wireless internet with no luck Or it will Wireless Laptop Trouble on With Connection My let me connect and appear to be working but when I open a browser either IE or Trouble With Wireless Connection on My Laptop Firefox it looses the connection I ve taken the next logical steps but when I try to repair the connection it tells me that it cannot repair the connection because it cannot renew the IP address After searching online I ve found all kinds of suggestions on what to do run cmd ipconfig release renew etc download and run Winsock repair make sure the wireless raido is on it is Still nothing My roommate has no issue so I m certain the problem isn t with the router I m also not able to connect directly via an ethernet cable the modem router is located in the landlord s apartment downstairs For the past three years I ve connected primarily through a broadband card because I travel a lot and it s just as easy to use it from home as anything else However this apartment must have walls of lead because I get terrible connection with the card and the cell phone I m not having any problems connecting with the broadband card so I feel like the issue must be with my wireless connection in the computer I m at my wits end and don t know what else to do Does anybody have any suggestions nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-wireless-connection-on-my-laptop.136756/
Relevancy 59.34%

OS Windows Ultimate SP -bit PC Compaq Laptop Intel Dual CPU GHz Network Adapters Atherose AR WiFi Adapter Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter Wireless Router Belkin Trouble In normal windows start up with wireless router on and internet connected The system will run very slow sluggish programs will hang or not Wireless trouble network connection open not responding This includes the task manager Browsers will not open or operate normally The system will not operate normally If you press the WiFi connection button on the laptop next to the power button it will turn from blue on to orange off then will turn right back on by it s self will not Wireless network connection trouble stay off Have tried I have started the system in Safe Mode with Networking The system runs normally programs open close browsers operate normally and the WiFi connection button operates normally Note I have another laptop that uses the Belkin wireless router with no trouble I have shut off Avast Antivirus and Zone Alarm Firewall eventually uninstalled Zone Alarm Went to the Device Manager and updated Disabled and Enabled Network Adapters restarting OS of course No help I have deleted the Belkin Wireless Network Connection restarted the OS then created a new connection No help I have posted in the Forums thinking it was a Virus Trojan or other Nothing was found and was referred to this section of the Forum Any suggestions Thanks Linda nbsp

A:Wireless network connection trouble

programs will hang or not open ( not responding ). This includes the task manager. Browsers will not open or operate normally. The system will not operate normally.Click to expand...

hmm, that sounds like other issues than just WiFi - - did someone have you run the standalone MSRT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-trouble.183790/
Relevancy 59.34%

My dads computer, which is in the basement, is pretty far from the router, 2 floors up; however, he could connect as of a few months ago. He got a new pc, which got infected, but I fixed that. He can connect only a few times a week. Seems like it's the signal but there's always been a somewhat weak signal down there. I don't get why now it's all the sudden worse.
Let me know any specs you need.

A:Wireless connection-trouble connecting

Have you moved the PC and wireless aerial OR the Router and aerial - even a slight change can make a difference
OR
someone else has now installed a wireless signal in your area on an overlap channel and that is interfering

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-trouble-connecting.920952/
Relevancy 58.91%

Can't connect to wireless router on dell running windows 7. When in command, ipconfig it shows wlan wireless network connection: media disconnected. Further down in the script it shows tunnel adapter: media disconnected. Have 2 other laptops that connect fine. Help please, Thanks

A:Windows 7 Wireless network connection trouble

and welcome to the Forum

Check to be sure the Wireless radio is turned on . . usually a conbination of the Blue FN key and one of the top keys with an image of an antennea . . it can also have a switch on the laptop body that turns the wireles on and off

What model is the Dell?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wireless-network-connection-trouble-507995.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Dear sir Madam I have HP Compaq s Laptop with windows XP pro amp Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver Product description C sUT W X GBBN Fa ALL Product number GR ES Serial number cnu r I have trouble in getting internet working on my personal laptop I formatted it contacted HP support amp installed latest BIOS amp divers disabled firewall also but could not resolve the problem Some times it gets connected but web pages does not open some times LAN connects but wireless does not connect Getting voice HP LAN Laptop internet wireless trouble. connection & breaks in HP Laptop internet LAN & wireless connection trouble. google talk amp messenger I checked ipconfig all amp result is as Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft HP Laptop internet LAN & wireless connection trouble. Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name hp Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain invalid domain invalid Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -AB-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday January AM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Intel R GT Network Connection Physical Address - A- B- -D -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday January AM C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping microsoft com Pinging microsoft com with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping etisalat ae Pinging etisalat ae with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Administrator gt After reading the messages of fellow forum members I hope this forum will help to solve my problem Thanks Thanks Rao nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Heya all

got a problem with a Netopia wireless device, or so it seems. Model: TER/GUSB-N. The network adapter is working fine the light on device is flashing but my problem is a utility to see available wireless networks. It seems it did not install with a WLAN utility. Not sure if drivers were installed correctly or not. Driver Version is 2.0.1.0 and Provider is Ralink. Please help if you can. Oh and Op System is XP SP3

Help if you can

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a laptop with a wireless network card I can access the wireless signal at work with no troubles through the Intel Pro wireless software I have a wired network at home for my desktops and had used a wire to connect my laptop to the router running cable modem I recently purchased a Linksys Wireless G access point and ran the set up program on the desktop by the router I get a strong signal strength shown by the Intel Pro Wireless software but it will not bring any email or internet up When I look in the system tray there is an icon that has a computor and a yellow ball going back and forth It says it is quot acquiring network address quot When it tells me I am connected I still can not get on the internet What could be wrong The work wireless I just turned the computer on and it found the signal and worked I had no setup This is very confusing nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello laptop wireless Solved: connection trouble to network I reinstalled windows xp sp on a old laptop Everything went fine except for internet connectivity I have a wireless network to which I connect several computers and devices and everything works like it should When I try to connect my laptop to this network it fails Every seconds it goes from not connected to acquiring network address I am sure that the key is Solved: trouble connection laptop to wireless network correct I am sure that my router is belkin router is wireless G and so is the Ralink Solved: trouble connection laptop to wireless network RT card I am also sure that I have not white listed MAC addresses so my laptop won t connect Basically I have done every simple thing that perhaps could be Solved: trouble connection laptop to wireless network causing the problem Does anyone have any tips for me Regards -Demonon Here is what ipconfig all has to say Windows IP Configuration Host Name behzad- e e Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - -E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I'm using a wireless router to surf the internet.
Every time I log into a secure site and after handling my transactions, I get
stuck on the site and can't log out. I have to close my whole browser to log out. I upgraded to
the latest firmware and that didn't help at all.

Relevancy 58.05%

The router is a DLink WBR - 2310. I had been receiving internet through a DSL provider, and both wired and wireless connections worked fine. I've hooked up this router, and the wired connection is working by the wireless connection is not. The Wireless Network Connection says that I'm connected, but when I open Firefox with the wireless connection, but no wired connection, no webpages will load. Any thoughts?

A:Trouble with Router; wired connection works but wireless does not

could be a firewal blocking - have you switched off the firewall on the PC

any other PC able to use the wireless connection ?

Do you have wireless encryption enabled - if so try taking that OFF - by logging into router and removing wireless secruity

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download and install
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

Then run the program and post a screen shot of the program running
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
---------------------------
Wireless Profiles
- Vista:
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
--

- XP
- delete the preferred networks
start
control panel
network connections
right click on the wireless connection listed
wireless networks tab
in the preferred network list
click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-router-wired-connection-works-but-wireless-does-not.902265/
Relevancy 52.46%

Just moved into apartment in Ann Arbor and am forced to use this ISP. They are not wireless friendly. Their manual sucks and will only provide tech support for $80/hour. I bought a Belkin router and got it working for my MacBook. BUT my roommate can't connect, even tho her MacBook sees the network. And I can't print to my wireless printer even tho it says everything is fine when I run the wireless diagnostics.
Here's some more complications. The ISP has these rules:
- Only connect the router to the Internet or Wan port. Do not connect to the numbered ports (how do I know whether or not I've done that?)
- Do not use static IP addresses
- Do not run a DHCP server

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

A:Trouble setting up wireless router to "College Internet Connection" ISP

Checked their website, a very user un-friendly company. Dis-connetion for using P2P software.
http://www.collegeic.net/

A router usually has 5 ethernet ports. One is normally marked Internet, WAN port, or Modem. The ethernet line from your modem would go here. The others are the routed ports and may be marked as ports 1 thru 4 or just Wired. These are where you connect computers, printers, etc.

Not sure what they mean by "Do not use static IP address" or "Do not run a DHCP server" unless it is "Do not use a Router"

What is the make/model of the modem?
What model Belkin.

The ISP may be using MAC address authorization.
You would need to clone the your computer's MAC address into the Belkin router. This would be done under Internet WAN, MAC address on the router. Have only your computer hooked to the router and click the clone button. Do this with the router disconnected from the modem.

Then try this.
The router disconnected from the modem and turned off, power supply disconnected. The computer can be connected to the router, but turned off.
Turn off, disconnect the power supply to the moedm and wait two minutes.
Turn on , connect the modem's power supply. Wait about a minute for it to stabilize.The online/cable light is steady, not blinking.
Connect the router to the modem and turn it on, plug in the power supply. Wait about a minute for the router to stabilize. Modem/WAN and Power ights should be green. Modem light maybe flashing to show activity. Wireless light would be green and may flash to show activity if wireless is turned on.
Connect the computer to the router, if not already, and turn it on. The wired port light should come on to show something is connected. It may flash to show activity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-setting-up-wireless-router-to-college-internet-connection-isp.1015282/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys,

I guess this is a pretty straight forward question. I'm trying to connect and charge at the same time a XBOX 360 wireless controller with Windows 7 without buying a Wireless Gaming Receiver. Please only post if you have a resolution for this problem with step by step instructions on how this is done if it even is possible.

Thank You

Vlad

A:Connect / charge wireless XBOX 360 controller Windows 7 w/o Wireless Gaming Receiver?

Well to connect wirelessly you will need to buy a receiver..

But for wired, download this:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...x360_32Eng.exe

Then insert your Controller into the PC using a Play&Charge USB cable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connect-charge-wireless-xbox-360-controller-windows-7-w-o-wireless-gaming-receiver-510546.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys,
I'm using a headset to play Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, and I speak to my friends in my clan through teamspeak whilst playing, but since last week, when I speak people can hear the sounds from my gaming through my microphone, I havn;t changed any settings and i've tried system restore, but this never happened till up to a week ago.
someone pleaseeeeeee help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microphone-gaming-trouble-please-help.683834/
Relevancy 47.73%

Not sure if this is exactly the forum for this but it is the closest I can find My computer was recently came under a major virus attack SpyAxe that DirectX/Gaming trouble took considerable effort including Ewido DirectX/Gaming trouble HijackThis Ad-Aware and others to get rid of Well after I had gotten rid of it I suddenly DirectX/Gaming trouble could not get on to certain games Everquest II most importantly It would go through the launcher but once you hit play it would hit the initial blackscreen and then freeze I used Regvac Reinstalled DirectX numerous times and many others suggestions for how to fix this problem but still the problem persists Recently I noticed an odd discrepency in that while the DXDiag tool lists no problems the diagnostic tool that came with my Radeon says that DirectX is not installed properly and that the capture INF files are missing Any suggestions on what could be going on would be appreciated If you need information from DXDiag or MSInfo or something else please ask Thank You nbsp

A:DirectX/Gaming trouble

Well, obviously SpyAxe left an effect on your computer even though it's removed (or so you say). Re-install your graphic drivers, the game and even windows if you have to (just the Upgrade - not Full). It appears some files in your Windows directory aren't functioning properly so re-installing XP (if that's what you're using) should repair the files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/directx-gaming-trouble.42181/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello All!

I have a small problem with networking, me and my flat mate are networked together through a D-Link DSL-504G ADSL Router, internet works fine on both and we can each see each others shared drives but when we try to play a game between each other eg C&C Generals we cant see each other. We are both runnin Zone Alarm Firewall and i think the router has its own firewall as well. Our connection between each other is dhcp (i think thats right where ip address are assigned for us) not static. Can Anyone shine some light on this for me Please!

A:Networking Trouble for Gaming.

Probably just need to drop your Zonealarm firewall on both machines or just open up the ports used by the game you are going to play and it should work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-trouble-for-gaming.44454/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I have a friend who plays on MSN gaming zone MTM2 monster truck madness two. If he does not host the game he can not play, recently he installed a DSL setup and has only one other problem with it I am thinking they are related. With AIM aol's instant messenger he can not voice chat and he used to with 56k and still can if he connects with it? Any ideas?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-caused-trouble-with-online-gaming.40339/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I m going to be building my first proper gaming PC soon and I m really struggling on which video card to get and whether or not to set up in SLI need to learn more about SLI first I think Anyways the card has to gaming choosing trouble GPU build for my Having big the right be nvidia since ATI cards dont work well with OpenGL and I play some games that use that I was thinking of getting the GTX then I saw the GTX TI and wondered what was better heard mixed opinions on those two Then I watched some videos of gameplay and it Having trouble choosing the right GPU for my big gaming build seems the GTX gets about FPS in Crysis which is ok but I d really like to get a card that hits fps in pretty much every game it plays Maybe I m just being greedy here and asking for the impossible Then I saw the and cards and thought they might be Having trouble choosing the right GPU for my big gaming build a reasonable upgrade for the future since one costs like - Then I thought about would s in SLI run better than a or Also another factor is how much heat are these things going to be generating in intense usage Theres just so much to think about Still kinda new to brands and such in hardware outside of intel and nvidia I dont know much at all Here are the specs for the PC I mentioned that this is all for might be revised a bit but I m happy with it for now Please let me know your thoughts on my choices of specs too Intel i sandybridge CPU - Will probably overclock will be getting zalman heatsink instead of using the stock one Asus MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z GEN Motherboard Z Corsair TX W PSU - may up it to a W to future proof for possible more powerful video card Samsung TB rpm MB cache HDD - Was going to get western digital but lots of reviews saying they are very loud Corsair Vengeance GB DDR RAM Mhz x GB sticks - Was going to get GB but for extra thought why not Antec case - People kept telling me it was an old case and I was dumb for choosing this but I really like the look of it Windows Home Premium bit Just remembered to mention the video card I get will be more than likely of the Asus brand Heard a lot of good things about their products Hope that s enough info any and all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Having trouble choosing the right GPU for my big gaming build

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-choosing-the-right-gpu-for-my-big-gaming-build.1038461/
Relevancy 46.87%

WinXP pro x64
AMD Phenom II X4 955
3.21 GHz 7.99 GB RAM
2 hard disk in raid 0 each 150 ghz
2 ATI radeon HD 4870 X2 each 1 gb, in dual mode but not cross fire*

Problem: The 2 radeons work fine for over a year, the CCC shows both cards and the video RAM output was 2 gb. Recently, my computer developed a bad booting problem and although windows shows both cards are working properly, the CCC shows only one cards. I had to turn off one radeon in order for the computer to boot normally. What could be the problem and how to solve it?

Many thanks.

* I just ordered from the details the selling company specified. I do not understand how 2 video cards work in a computer.

Relevancy 46.44%

I recently bought myself one of these headsets and I've run into trouble on figuring out how to get the microphone working. It's a detachable one, I've set the Microphone to turn on, but I can't get any response on voice-chat programs or the alike. Help please!

A:Fatal1ty Pro Series Gaming Headset - Microphone Trouble?!

is the mic plugged in via a game controller port or the mic port? i would imagine the latter given it is seperate, in which case i would go into volume control and unmute the mic if it is muted and check that you can get some sound from the mic through your own speakers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal1ty-pro-series-gaming-headset-microphone-trouble.778977/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have just purchased a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Model No WMP GS with the intention of setting it up on a desktop running Windows XP Pro I want to integrate it into my existing wireless network Currently the setup is w/Existing Wireless LAN A Wireless Trouble LinkSys LAN Trying Set To Having Card Up a Motorola Wireless Access Point Model No WA G connected to a Linksys Wired Router which in turn connects to the net I currently have two machines both laptops that work with this wireless setup with no problem The third machine the desktop has been connecting directly to the Linksys Wired Router and I now want to switch it over Having Trouble Trying To Set Up A LinkSys Wireless LAN Card w/Existing Wireless LAN to wireless So I ve put the Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter into the desktop installed the driver and the problem is that it only finds my Wireless Network half the time and when it does it says Connected but No Signal Always Not even Low Just No Signal I can t even connect to the router or the wireless access point FYI I don t currently use any kind of encryption with my wireless access point so that is a non-factor Any advice nbsp

A:Having Trouble Trying To Set Up A LinkSys Wireless LAN Card w/Existing Wireless LAN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-trying-to-set-up-a-linksys-wireless-lan-card-w-existing-wireless-lan.583585/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello!

Just recently I've had problems logging into online gaming clients for, eg. League of Legends and Gameranger. In both of these cases, I get an error saying something along the lines of "Couldn't connect to server".

These programs are allowed in my firewall, and I have never had this problem until this weekend, though it does not seem to disappear even after a reboot and reinstallation of the game clients. Tried running them as administrator too, to no avail.

What could be the problem here?

Thank you in advance.

A:TROUBLE logging into online gaming clients! Persistant problem

I would start with the obvious possible culprits. Are you behind a router? If so, you can try a direct connection to the modem to see if the router is causing issues. If the router is causing the issues, you may need to open ports or configure the router firewall. If you are not behind a router, you can try to disable the windows firewall just to see if you can connect to the server. If you are able to connect to the game server after disabling the windows firewall, then you may have to reconfigure the rules once you turn it back on ( do not leave it turned off ). Are you using your ISPs dns servers? If so, you could try giving Google DNS a try and report back to us if that helped. Is it possible that the game server is down for scheduled maintenance or perhaps your ISP is doing maintenance? If none of this helps there are other options to consider, but let's try all the obvious stuff first You can also try rebooting your router / modem too. Sometimes that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287995-trouble-logging-into-online-gaming-clients-persistant-problem.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have computers One has internet one doesn t The main computer s OS is It has internet The other computer s OS is XP It does NOT have internet So I bought a router and hooked it up to the main computer My internet is fine So I bought a wireless USB adapter and hooked it up to my other computer It gets a signal Router :( Wireless USB and trouble... Wireless Adapter but I can t seem to connect to the internet I connect to the internet by AOL I click on AOL on my desktop I put in my password it dials up and then I m on So on my other computer I clicked on AOL put in my password but it doesnt even get passed step It s error message reads that my firewall was interfering So I put it so that the firewall accepted AOL I tried again and I got the same error Wireless Router and Wireless USB Adapter trouble... :( message So I turned my firewall completely off and guess what I got that same message Help me nbsp

A:Wireless Router and Wireless USB Adapter trouble... :(

a router that "dials up"??????

did you do the setup on the usb adapter, does it show up in device manager as the right one, have you setup encryption on the router and not the xp machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-and-wireless-usb-adapter-trouble.591005/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have tried every port forwarding and DMZ hosting that Help connection with gaming I can think of to make my Call Of Duty experience more fun by giving me a connection on my PS that at least lets me compete with everyone else instead of being a constant seconds behind them and nothing has worked I run off a Motorola Surfboard sbg modem router combo I got from TWC when i upgraded to the MB speed internet When I run ping tests and speed tests everything comes back fairly good speed is - mb and ping locally is around ms I have run ping tests to the east coast texas and the west coast all come within normal levels I would expect for these regions I have to run a wireless connection cause a wired just isnt possible with Help with gaming connection my house set up Quite frankly I am tired of watching kill cams where I am very clearly playing seconds behind almost everyone else in the game at all times I heard about quot bufferbloat quot Help with gaming connection and quot lag compensation quot which could be the issue and have followed every suggestion for clearing up both issues to no avail Can anyone offer some specfic advice form my modem that may give me a better gaming connection beyond or in addition to setting up port forwarding and DMZ hosting which I have done both All I want is to play on an even playing field as everyone else then let the chips fall where they may If i lose I lose but playing at a second disavantage ALL the time has gotten old nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-gaming-connection.1078977/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Folks,
LAN Information:

My Computer's:

Computer A: Linksys Wireless G - WMP54GX with SRX (Problem)
Computer B: Linksys Wireless G - WMP54GX with SRX

My Father's Computer:

Computer C: Directly connected to the Router: WRTP54G

Problem:

I have two computers in my room connected wirelessly to my father's router. Yesterday during a 3-way match on Act of War: High Treason only one of my computer's (Computer A) lost "completely" their internet connection. I was able to reacquire an IP Address on Computer A after shutting down all the computers and unplugging the Router and Cable Modem.

Additional Note: Computer A lost it's connection after only 15 minutes of online play. Also, both Computer A and B are sitting next to each other.

For the future though, how can I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks
Combo

A:LAN Connection Problem When Gaming

It could be because 2 of the exact applications on the exact same wireless adaptors...Even though the Router Nat's both of you so it shouldn't matter...

It could also be Router Firmware...

Go to http://www.linksys.com
Click on Support and find your model number under wireless routers...
Find the most recent firmware for it, and download it to your desktop...

We'll go from there...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-connection-problem-when-gaming.589642/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am pinging normally 40-50 on a cable modem on servers I play in for Halflife (1) and Counter-Strike. But, in fights with over a couple of people, I lag heavily and pings will shoot up to 200-300, until I'm alone again. I've done some connection tests and my download is around 3mb/s, while upload is at 230kb/s. This seems like it would be plenty, although the upload does seem a little low.

I would automatically assume it was my ISP, but this didn't start happening till I formatted my old comp, and got a new comp. Now both do the same thing. Any suggestions?

A:Connection speed and gaming

This is a good FAQ and help to tweak BB conections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-speed-and-gaming.301397/
Relevancy 44.29%

So I m pretty much at a loss here Last night I was playing briefly online with my ps when I noticed that it was horribly laggy It was so bad I would frequently disconnect from games anywhere from - minutes on average sometimes sooner or a little bit longer I also gaming connection woes... experience the same thing when playing world of warcraft on my pc Both my computer and ps were hardwired to my belkin n router at the time model F D - and I had not experienced anything this bad in the realm of frequent disconnects till then I then decided to give it a rest for the night and try again today Well I couldn t even connect to the internet today without hardwiring my computer directly into the modem an arris modem comcast provided me with and resetting gaming connection woes... it Even still when hardwired into the modem I still have the same frequent gaming disconnects through my ps and computer I tried calling comcast but they did not provide much help beyond resetting the router or modem At first I suspected the router but now I m really not sure what to think Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this point nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I should start by saying these problems only started gaming issues with Connection occurring less than a month ago before Connection issues with gaming then I had no problems with my connection Recently I ve been having a huge issue with the connection quality in gaming be it on PC Xbox or anything really When playing games such as Team Fortress Counter-Strike GO or Awesomenauts on my computer there will be intermittent pausing rubber-banding despite my ping usually being between - ms This is constant restarting the router causes no change and nor does using an ethernet cable instead of wireless It s not just a computer issue which makes me think it can t be a virus can it but when trying to play Mass Effect on my Xbox I have a very strange issue After turning the game on loading it up and going into multiplayer for the first time when I try and search for a game after seconds it will say quot you have lost connection to the Mass Effect servers quot exit to the main menu and then my Xbox will disconnect from Xbox live which is very strange I found a temporary work around in which if I unplug the Xbox from the internet physically and plug it back in and reconnect to live I ll be able to find and play ONE match with large amount of lag pausing and rubberbanding and then it will do the same Very odd I ve done a speed and ping test because initially I thought it was a packet issue but this says I m losing packets Speedtest http www speedtest net result png - mb s download mb s upload ms ping Pingtest http www pingtest net result png - ms ping ms jitter packet loss The only thing that seems low to me is the upload speed but I m not sure if that would affect anything and if it did how to fix it I did the TSG SysInfo thing as well which is OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn H MXL H MXL-K Anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:Connection issues with gaming

Bump for some help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-issues-with-gaming.1065541/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am setting up my PS2 to a phone jack behind my game. First i would like to know if i am playing, will it screw up my telephone use, like dial up internet, or wil it be unaffected. Also is it true that PS2 internet gaming is now free. Any answer would be fine.

A:Internet Gaming Connection

it is free, not sure if for all games? I had my son's hooked up for Ratchet & clank.

I don't think you will enjoy online play with dialup, there will be too much lag?
it would interrupt your phone, unless it is DSL (I know you said Dial -up) then you should get a router to split your connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-gaming-connection.560253/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey, I have Verizon Fios (they installed it with a Actiontec MI424 WR router/modem) which was installed on my dads PC in the basement and my PC is on the second floor I play WOW (World of Warcraft) and my wireless usb adapter always drops the signal (its a gigafast wf748-cui). Question is can/should I get a router that sits near my PC so I can get a better signal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-connection-while-mmo-gaming.581988/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 44.29%

Windows XP Service Pack Connection ADSLAV - Eset NodIf I m supposed to write something else as well please do say so For months it has been working fine Desktop computer connected to router via LAN or ethernet I don t know which expression is the right one laptop connected wirelessly to that same router and IPTV connected via LAN Then all of a sudden Laptop connection work, doesn't int. IPTV int. (LAN) and wireless desktop connection computer a few nights ago no internet connection on desktop comp with notification about no connectivity or low connectivity All indication lamps on the router show as before We have so far tried and nothing worked we have good working computer knowledge but not troubleshooting and stuff - restarted router many times- restarted computer many times- did Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN) a system restore- unplugged the router s power - disconnected laptop from the network - changed the LAN cable for a new one- changed the IP address Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN) from automatically to manually and typed some other addresses as advised by our ISP who in the end said that we need to reinstall the drivers for network card - following our ISP s advice we tried to find the the driver in device manager there was a driver named network controller we thought that was the one and uninstalled it rebooted the computer and tried to install the driver back from the disk that came with the computer supposedly all drivers on one disk but the disk said all drivers are installed Now we don t have that network controller installed Device manager isn t showing any exclamation marks or other marks Windows diagnostic says that router is working fine Also I don t know if it s related but the internet on the laptop is slower than before and many times I get web page unavailable connection time out and stuff

A:Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN)

Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

Click plus sign by Networ Adapters group.

What do you see?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278751/laptop-wireless-int-connection-and-iptv-work-desktop-computer-int-connection-doesnt-lan/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi folks would greatly appreciate any help and advice on the following problem that s been happening over the last few months I have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP and use a Buffalo WBMR-G Wireless Router to connect to the internet I also connect wirelessly with a Dell Latitude laptop and an iPhone What s been happening on the desktop computer is a loss of connection for seconds at a time or so with the message Local Area Connection a network cable is unplugged Yet while my desktop is disconnected my other devices are using the wireless connection without a break so it doesn t look like there s anything wrong with my broadband provider The Network Connection properties are Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connection PCI bus device function Link speed Mbps Full Duplex Driver Version It seems to be happening much more dropping yet Desktop Connection remains fine on connection Wireless Solved: frequently in the evenings than during the day especially when using Skype Any pointers and help would be great let me know if you need any more info Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connection dropping on Desktop yet Wireless connection remains fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connection-dropping-on-desktop-yet-wireless-connection-remains-fine.899518/
Relevancy 44.29%

hey,

Today i have a new problem with my adsl. The wireless was working at full 'advertised' speed last night, then today i noticed the wireless connection symbol in the task bar had changed from 54mbs to only 2 mbs, and a speedtest showed that it was a tenth of the speed it used to be.

Because i just installed my modem yesterday, i thought maybe this was just the isp limiting my connection until i register the modem or something. However, when i connect an ethernet cable between the modem and my computer, the connection works at full advertised speed. Does this rule out the possibility that my isp is limiting my signal, and suggest that the problem is with my wireless settings? Thanks for any help. The modem is a speedtouch 780.

Relevancy 44.29%

so with the configuration in my house. i can't really have the wireless router next to my pc to connect with wires. what would be the best wireless router and adapter for mmo gaming like playing vanguard saga of heroes. i used a wireless n router and pci n card at ome. I remember losing connection and getting not too good fps even with a quadcore cpu and a 9800gtx. would it be possile to have good gaming wirelessly? and how would i ensure i will not be kicked off the internet, that can get quite annoying. in my new house i'm just using a wireless g MIMO one with my macbook pro which is wireless N and i still get kicked off and all that nonsene.

A:wireless gaming

Well, you seem to have really bad luck with wireless, I'd run a wire.

Seriously, there is no substitute for copper, but if you need to get the wireless running, start here.
Some things you can try here.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-gaming.750237/
Relevancy 44.29%

I want to make W lan with my 2 laptops ! and could I play by them then both (like 2 desktop and lan connection)?

A:Wireless gaming ?

Are you asking how to get them to connect over WLAN?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244650-wireless-gaming.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I'm wondering what the minumum speed (11Mbps, 54Mbps, 108Mbps, etc.) required to run a wireless lan with the intent of gaming is. The setup I will have will probably include four PCs over ethernet and 1 or 2 connected wirelessly. Right now I have a 54 Mbps D-link router and an 11Mbps USB adapter, and a laptop with builtin 54MBps. When running just these two computers on BF1942 multiplayer every few minutes I get a "Connection problems error" and the game lags and then its fine for another few minutes. When I plug the pc into the ethernet on the router and leave the laptop on wireless, the problem seems to reduce in frequency but still happens. I'm wondering what I need to do/purchase to fix this problem, and at the same time allow more pcs to play (I haven't tried it with more yet).

Thanks,

kondor-11

A:Wireless LAN for Gaming

The biggest problem you'll have with wireless gameplay is "bandwith" and latency speed...if to much wireless data gets sent to the router then it''ll bog down and bottlenecking will occur. With more than one or two computers on the wireless network you'll see this bottleneck happen. What you can try to do is update all your wireless network cards and router to the 108Mbps scheme, drop the 11mbps that'll choke you hard when playing...try to keep it all the same manufacture when you use the 108 speeds as that will help with true compatibility between hardware.

If you want to stay with your 54, make sure you have all 54 components...although you might have problems with more than 2 or 3 wireless systems...

Not sure how many systems you'll be able to use wireless before you suffer lag issues again. You'll might want to take a look at this router:

D-Link DGL-4300 Wireless Gigabit Gaming Router

Haven't tried it but alot of reviews and sites says it's good for gaming...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-lan-for-gaming.466102/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've upgraded to fiber abonement 35/35mb and my integrated network card can't take that much so I have to upgraded that part too and I was thinking about Linksys AE3000 Dual-Band usb adapter, as my budget is pretty tight right now.

Does anyone have any experience on how gaming will be wireless or if that is a decent card ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-gaming.207463/
Relevancy 44.29%

I like to use my computer and xbox 360 for gaming. My computer is broken right now, but my xbox has wireless N.
I noticed a D Link wireless N 150 router on sale for $25.

I'm wondering if this would make any difference when playing online games?

I saw in another thread the bandwidth may be a bottleneck, but I don't know if Wireless N has more bandwidth than wireless G.

Relevancy 44.29%

everytime i load bf2 and log in my ping is averaging around 340....and i always get booted....i have dsl and a strong machine but im running wireless to my comp...would a rerouter help or is there some speacial gaming router or rerouter...or even a speacial netword card.....thanks for all your help.....and is there some patch i dont know about....because there are only 30 servers...and that sounds like a low number......or an expansion pack with that patch on it....thanks alot for anyhelp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-gaming.594233/
Relevancy 44.29%

can any1 plz help me with this i was thinkin of buying this bridge for wireless gaming (ps2,psp,nintendo ds) http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...lay=both&filter_order=rating_useful&offset=10
but im confused do u jus av to plug it into ure computer and then it pulses out signals to ure consoles or do u have to av a router in which u connect both in order for the consoles to get a wireless signal?

tnx in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-gaming-help.374616/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP with a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Several weeks ago my laptop started dropping the internet connection randomly (I'm alos unabel to access email when this happens).

My wireless network icon in my toolbar shows the connection as 'Excellent' but for some reason both Internet and Email is not available. The only way to fix the problem has been to restart my laptop which is very frustrating.

I've noticed that this also happens randomly when I'm at home (using different wireless broadband modem) so I think the issue is my laptop not the 2 x routers/modems.

I'm running NOD32 for security as well (but have been for 4 years now with no problems till now).

Please help.

Relevancy 43.86%

Hey,
I have a internet connection through a cable modem.
The modem is a Scientific Atlanta webstar 2100 and also using a wireless router that's a Linksys WRT54GS.
I connect it to my computer and everything. The wireless works fine (i'm using a laptop to create this post). However, it is not a secure network so I wanted to add a password. The problem is that the host computer that is connected to the router has no internet connection. When I open internet explorer or try to find a connection through the troubleshoot, it says it can't find one. Can anybody figure out why this would happen and how to fix it? I think I have the modem's drivers and stuff updated to the host computer and stuff.
Therefore, I have no wait getting to the ip address and/or setting up a secure network.

Please help me,
Thanks

A:Wireless connection works, but Host computer's connection doesn't

would explain how all connected - all PC should be connected to the router - so there should not be a HOST PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-works-but-host-computers-connection-doesnt.936364/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there im new to the forums and i ve got a problem that laptop; LAN internet Working a no on wireless broken but connection connection s been a real pain for me lately I ve got a wireless connection in my house going through a Linksys WRT GC router and also a wired connection with Cisco gateway only laptop uses it About month ago some strange things began to happen with the wireless connection my PC seems not to be able to connect unless I reinstall the protocols and it s really annoying to do that every time I run my PC Also the wired connection stopped working probably because of cable being broken but it requires a router restart of the time when I want to connect the laptop that used to connect through cable to the wireless network The nd laptop has an issue mentioned in the title the LAN works but it can t connect to the Internet through the router Ipconfig all shows that DHCP isn t working there s no default gateway Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection and DNS seems to be wrong Could that all be related to router not being updated for a long time I tried reinstalling drivers unistalling and installing back network card and doing most of the things mentioned in similar threads but nothing seems to work I know it all looks very silly Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection but I can t do anything about it Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection at least now - I don t have access to any router settings and can t update it Every bit of help is appreciated I can paste all the information needed from all computers Operating systems are Windows on PC and the st laptop nd laptop is Vista nbsp

A:Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection

can we see the ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/working-lan-but-no-internet-connection-on-a-laptop-broken-wireless-connection.1021421/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have windows Pro installed I have a DSL connection that requires a username and password I have read connection sharing internet as connection Solved: wireless Help wired a with the tutorials for setting up ICS in windows but it is not working for me In my change adapter settings page I have connections LAN Wireless and M this is the dial-up for the username and password Here s what I have done I have Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection enabled ICS for M and created an ad-hoc wireless connection called M network I basically want to share my wired connection with my iPhone Everything is ok as far as connecting my iPhone to M network but when I try to use the internet all i get is a connecting message on my phone and it doesnt go any further I have used this network before to connect air mouse on my phone that lets me use my phone as a touchpad It still works fine that way but I cant use internet I have even tried enabling the ICS on LAN instead but got the same results Am I doing something wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-sharing-wired-internet-connection-as-a-wireless-connection.884605/
Relevancy 43.86%

Sony VAIO laptop running Windows Vista Business, Intel Centrino Duo, 1 gb RAM. Was recently traveling. Used hotel wireless. Now having trouble with home office wireless connectivity. Will conntect to home office Linksys N router. Will send via wireless to printers on network. Yet will not connect to internet via wireless. WILL CONNECT to intenet if connected to the router via a cable. Have tried release and reset IP address, reset TCP/IP stack, and reset winsock. Have done re-install of the Linksys software (deleted the connection and followed the add new computer steps in the Linksys program.) In past had a HP laptop running Windows XP that had same problem, but simple IP address release and reset would fix that one. Thanks to anyone who has the fix to this one! Icarus50

A:Solved: Vista Business Wireless connection OK but no connection to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-business-wireless-connection-ok-but-no-connection-to-internet.814998/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi everyone im almost having the same problem, i just purchased a wirless netgear wgt624 router and i have a hp vista laptop. i also have an arris touchtone comcast dsl modem. my problem is that i can connect to the internet wirelessly thought the router. but i can not connect on the internet on my desktop. i would like to get the internet goin at the same time both through the router. i have tried to insert an e cable from the router directly to the computer but i get limited or no connectivity. and its not the cable bcuz i swapped out with another e cable and the same result occurs. plz help

A:Wireless internet connection on Vista laptop but no connection on desktop

i have a hp pavillion dv6000 and its running on vista home premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-connection-on-vista-laptop-but-no-connection-on-desktop.108163/
Relevancy 43.86%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Currently I am living in University halls this means my internet connection is connected to a huge area network I quite enjoy doing some online gaming if I am not with friends or not working problem connection Online gaming or whatever it s a good way for me to relax However in my university contract it does state that you quot should quot be able to connect to multi player games However on every game I have tested it does not work accept for Valve games on steam So Counter Strike Source and Day of defeat source both work COD from a Online gaming connection problem normal CD does not but also from steam does not So I am assuming it s something about the ports that the games are running Online gaming connection problem off and the university is blocking Does anybody have a solution for this A friend suggested I try using a ports canner and then change the ports around If that s a good suggestion could anyone recommend a good user friendly port scanner Kind Regards Cripp nbsp

A:Online gaming connection problem

We don't assist in circumventing the network policies of the school. You would want to check with the university that the ports for those games are beingi blocked. Most universities that I know of do block gaming traffic to prevent overutilization.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/online-gaming-connection-problem.1024259/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have not been able to connect for any online games in STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT. I find a server, it appears to connects and goes all the way to the map and then says "CONNECTION TO HOST LOST" with "WAITING FOR PLAYERS" flashing in the background.

I opened ports, diabled firewalls, antivirus nothing seems to work.

I can connect for other online games but this one uses GAMESPY. Is GAMESPY the reason or am I doing something wrong?

Has anybody seen this before and if your have please help a brother out!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-issues-online-gaming.22091/
Relevancy 43.86%

I got a new Blizzard issues connection Gaming computer recently and just installed Blizzard Gaming connection issues starcraft on it When trying to login I get the notification that Blizzard Gaming connection issues I may not be connected to the internet However if I Blizzard Gaming connection issues open a webpage then for those brief moments the internet connection works for the game This happens everytime anything new happens inside of the game For example after I m prompted to login with a username and password and the only way for starcraft to once again take in the new information I have to open or refresh the webpage I ve searched through the forums that the blizzard technicians have and can t find anything I ve also tried to open the ports but from what I think my siemens speedstream B is unable to do so I ve turned off my windows firewall as well I completely reinstalled and tried again and I managed to get one game to work During the second game I began to lag and eventually my computer shut off When I rebooted the same problem from before occurred again I have no idea what to do I m running on Windows I thought that my desktop might ve overheated but i have a liquid cooling system nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blizzard-gaming-connection-issues.970197/
Relevancy 43.86%

I just hooked up my network today with 2 computers...Everything else runs fine on the internet like my web browser but when I go into one of my online games I get alot of lag...I have the same ISP and everything as before when I was on 1 comp now that I'm on this network i'm lagging to death...anyone know why? my router says 100MBPS for speed...could the router be the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slower-connection-when-gaming-on-network.611042/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, I am currently running my internet using the work connection I have in my home. I want to be able to play online shooters, CounterStrike, Deus Ex..... Now it doesn't show any servers since I have this work connection...I downloaded GameSpy about 30 mins ago and as it was loading up, it said something about a firewall was stopping me from using GameSpy properly.

Am I looking in the right place? And if so, I went to inbound and outbound rules nd that looked like maybe it might have something to do with it.

Thank you very much in advance for any information!

A:Connection Issue regarding gaming online

Did you ever used Windows Firewall with Advanced Security ( your screenshot ) to configure anything? If you haven't touched it before then the problem is not there. Please explain what 'work connection' is. What 'work connection' means to me is a VPN connection that puts you inside a company's network so you can access MS Exchange servers, Sharepoint servers, as if you were in the office.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-issue-regarding-gaming-online.974351/
Relevancy 43.86%

I've noticed this only when gaming over the course of the last three or four months - firstly when I was playing MW and now also when playing Warcraft The connection just goes A yellow exclamation point pops up over the network icon and my internets go off - to fix I have to pull the plug out of the router and put it back in My set up is a modem router into which my wifi router is plugged - the PC Connection Gaming When Out Network Cuts is hardwired into the wifi router Network Connection Cuts Out When Gaming and I don't think it has ever cut out during an internet only session only during gaming It's not the router - as I have recently replaced it Network Connection Cuts Out When Gaming I thought it might be the cable I've replaced that and it still happens I have just updated the drivers for my network card it's not fixed it I assume it's my network card itself that is the issue but I wanted to know if there's any reason it could be a Windows issue Any ideas Thanks

A:Network Connection Cuts Out When Gaming

Hi flamingkitties,

Do you have the latest driver for your network adapter? Make sure that your router has the latest firmware as well.

Also, have youdone port forwarding of your Games the Ports to your router?
Here are the Port Nos for WoW. Also, other list of Ports that you may need to Port forward.

Here's a complete guide on how to do Port forwarding using a Linksys router. The only difference might be the router settings that you have but it should give you an idea. You may also locate the exact Make and Model of your router from portforwarding.com.

Hope this helps, pls. post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131950-network-connection-cuts-out-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 43.86%

We are using an EVDO USB modem from Alltel it is a UTStarcom UM175. I used to be able to play like 2 or 3 games and be on messenger and internet with this at our current signal strength, but now when I even start one game I get INTENSE lagg. I got on WoW (World of Warcraft) and it went from 500 ping (normal is 250 - 600) to 7500ping. It isnt much better in other games either such as Combat Arms or RuneScape. When I close the game it continues to lag until I disconnect and re connect.

My comp is Windows Home Premium 64bit, AMD Phenom Tripple core processor @ 2.1Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, Integrated ATI Radeon HD3200 video (I plan on upgrading).

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/184126-intense-connection-lagg-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My dad just bought a new wireless router and out of our computers mine is having a problem My computer is a Dell Vostro with a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card I am able to connect to the connection but not stay online I am not sure in what intervals I am being disconnected but it is super frustrating haha It seems my 1390 Issues Wireless Mini-Card- Wireless Connection WLAN Dell connection status is stuck on Authenticating I hope someone can help me I am quite unfamiliar with troubleshooting networking outside of Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues the simplest tasks Thank you in advance for any help Also I read an old post about someone else with a very similar problem and someone had said quot Start Run CMD OK to open a command prompt Type the following command IPCONFIG ALLRight click in the command window and choose Select All then hit Enter Paste the results in a message here quot So trying to maybe help find a solution sooner here are my results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt ipconfig Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sherry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd nj comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nj comcast net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - D- -B - C- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -A - -B C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt nbsp

A:Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues

Hi:Is this ipconfig /all at failure time ?
Try two things.
Go to the router makers site and download any more current firmware for your model.
Change the wireless channel being used.1/6/11 are US preferred.
Also:
1. Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.from your pc maker’s web site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card-wireless-connection-issues.895391/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I currently connect to the internet through a wired ethernet port in the wall which connects to my university's network.

I want to make this wireless since I bought a new macbook and was wondering if this product would do it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006PYGWG6

I don't know much about it but I was concerned because the Router Mode says 'cable connection only' and I'm not sure the connection is cable (is it ADSL?). Will I need anything else like a modem?

Any advice?

A:Making an ethernet university connection wireless with TP-LINK Wireless Travel Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-an-ethernet-university-connection-wireless-with-tp-link-wireless-travel-router.1108900/
Relevancy 43.86%

Sorry I just edited this because I realized the title said Wireless Router it s actually a gateway Can t fix it I have a Netgear CGD G Wireless Gateway and a Gateway MA laptop with after-market Windows Vista got a virus went ahead and upgraded Now when I download MB files on my Xbox Which is wired to the modem it will be downloaded in a couple slow with Netgear Only one Wireless Router CGD24G computer wireless connection, minutes or less The other computers in my house There are plenty and even more that come and go get a blazing internet connection and most of them are wireless Now this computer which had an extremely quick connection as well all of a sudden dropped off while the rest of the computers remain fast I ve gone to Speedtest net before Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router and after this occurred and my speed before was around mb Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router s and one time around AM was even upward of Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router mb s all of these tests were performed multiple times on different server locations I JUST did the speedtest and it came back with mb s and the UL speed was I honestly can t remember what I averaged with it prior to the problem but it was definitely higher as well This started happening a little less than a week ago and I ve downloaded changed nothing major with the computer and have mainly used it for light browsing and an occasional download Also this is mainly just a hobby fix I have a long enough cable to wire the computer straight to the gateway so I really don t want to buy new hardware or anything of that sort I just wanted to see what could be done about this Thank you Another edit I just tried this in IE because I realized I hadn t tried it with another browser but the result is the same nbsp

A:Only one computer with slow wireless connection, Netgear CGD24G Wireless Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-one-computer-with-slow-wireless-connection-netgear-cgd24g-wireless-router.973159/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have recently sorted out the wireless connection of a child's laptop to a wireless printer. It works perfectly. Howver, the parent's, wired, desktop computer does not now print. No changes were made to the desktop , which was working fine before this.. I am not at the location now but are there any ideas why this should suddenly occur. Both computers are running XP.

A:Wireless printer not printing from wired computer after connection by wireless lapto

Wireless printers can be connected both by USB and wireless simultaneously. However, I have come across many that say they should but don't do so easily. Sometimes they have to be setup wireless first then USB and others vice versa..
In my opinion, it is probably the best option to add the printer to the desktop through the network. Then there should be no problems with setup. Hope that helps..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-printer-not-printing-from-wired-computer-after-connection-by-wireless-lapto.998920/
Relevancy 43.86%

So I can connect to pretty much every wireless network except the one at work. It's giving me

IPv4 Connectivity of Local
IPv6 Connectivity of Limited
and the signal quality is good

any suggestions?

A:Trouble w/ Wireless well a specific wireless

Hi, , and welcome to the forums.

This is an issue you should be taking up with your office IT folks.

Is there any more information you can give us? Does it connect? is it secured? etc?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/165336-trouble-w-wireless-well-specific-wireless.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Okay so at the moment i have a d-link g wired router with ports When of my friends Gaming with LAN on (Wireless?) Router come over for a LAN we leave one person out since there are only ports We really wanted to have all people playing but all our routers only had ports Now im moving to a new house and i was thinking of switching to a wireless router so that my dad in the other room dosnt have to pull a cable very long into the other room so that he can use the internet Im not too sure on this because im not sure if wireless routers make u lag since they are erm wireless But anyway my question is is there any way for of us to play on a wired port router I heard about this thing called a switch or something does it make extra ports or something Enlighten me please or is there any other way is it usisng that thing called a hub actually what is a hub - - Gaming on LAN with Router (Wireless?) And regarding the wireless option it would be better for me and my dad since we wont have to drag cables but does that mean that we all have to buy the hardware to support the wireless router And if i get wireless is there any way to also connect people Using the normal network cables because i dont think my friends would want to buy wireless router gear just for a lan times a year nbsp

A:Gaming on LAN with Router (Wireless?)

Yes, you could use a hub/switch.

You would have to have a wireless card for each computer, and yes, wireless can sometimes be prone to lag and dropouts. A switch is basically just like the output of your router. If you use a four port switch plugged into a 4 port router, you can connect 7 computers.

Depending on your hardware, the other alternative might be to use XP's internet connection sharing on one of the computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-on-lan-with-router-wireless.50109/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have the following options for my notebook.

Wireless 802.11 g/n

Intel® Advanced N + WiMAX 6250 a/g/n 2x2 MIMO Technology (extra $50)

Killer? Wireless-N 1103 a/g/n 3x3 MIMO for Gaming & Video (extra $80)

is it necessary to upgrade if I plan on gaming?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-wireless-card-for-gaming.171144/
Relevancy 43.43%

I would like to know whats a good router that wont make my pc game lag. I currently play bf2 and counter strike source.

A:Wireless Gaming Router.

if money's not an issue, buy a Lynksys or D-Link router. There's many different types they make, but $50-60ish would be good enough. No need to go overboard cuz right now i have a pretty cheap Belkin 54mbps router and play Counterstrike, and its fine....but Lynksys and D-link from what i've observed are the best when it comes to routers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-gaming-router.448889/
Relevancy 43.43%

I need an adaptor that's good for gaming and needs a long range connection.
(My other adaptor I bought didn't have good enough range so it does need to have amazing range)
Budget: 20-30 Pounds
THANKS!

A:Best USB Wireless Adaptor for Gaming?

instead of getting a wireless adapter, look into power over ethernet if possible.

http://www.ebuyer.com/512619-zyxel-5...4201v2-gb0201f

simply plug one in next to the router and the other next to your pc, then run an ethernet cable from router to the one next to it, and then one from your pc to the other.
then your wires in your house become hiden ethernet cables!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339077-best-usb-wireless-adaptor-gaming.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, I have the game Combat Arms installed on two computers.

Computer(A) is connected directly to the modem and computer(B) is connected to the modem through a wireless network.

When I play the game with computer(B) I suffer some really bad lags, but not with computer(A).
I'm pretty sure its the network because I have done everything else.

Also computer(B) doesn't lag on games that do not require internet (i.e. Fate) which helps support the network theory.
Any ways to fix this or should I just stick with playing on computer(A)?

I'd rather play this game on computer(B) if possible.

Computer specs available if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-over-a-wireless-network.781413/
Relevancy 43.43%

yes i used the search function, but none of the threads had any answers i wanted.

whenever i play any online game (Warcraft III, CS, WoW) i get periodic lag spikes every 1-2 minutes. I use to have this problem when i ran XP but then a friend of mine said windows periodically scans for networks and that slows me down. So he turned it off and things were all peachy.

Does win7 still do that scan thing? If so is there a way to disable it?
Also is there a better wireless connection manager? i really dislike the one that comes with win7.

A:spikey wireless gaming

Quote: Originally Posted by famebawt

yes i used the search function, but none of the threads had any answers i wanted.

whenever i play any online game (Warcraft III, CS, WoW) i get periodic lag spikes every 1-2 minutes. I use to have this problem when i ran XP but then a friend of mine said windows periodically scans for networks and that slows me down. So he turned it off and things were all peachy.

Does win7 still do that scan thing? If so is there a way to disable it?
Also is there a better wireless connection manager? i really dislike the one that comes with win7.

hey and welcome to SF

It might be a good place to start if you would tell us abt your computer and wifi set up.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/16583-spikey-wireless-gaming.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Slightly different question from the Plug and play forum I have Wire DSL Modem HW found at http www wire com p in my house for my SBC DSL I have had my PC connected straight to it with and ethernet cable and my boys PC connected through a phone jack Recently we wanted to hook up a third PC to the network and decided to go with the wireless connection I bought two D-Link brand Not sure the model number wireless cards decided to switch the sons PC to wireless too and connected them up last night Seems to work pretty good and Wireless Internet Gaming I enabled the Bit character key encrytion renamed the Wireless Internet and Gaming network SSID and set it so the SSID was not visible without the key Any other security I should think of doing Also as mentioned I am connected through an ethernet cable straight to the modem I have always have a good connection rate but the son s through the phone line was a lot slower than mine Now that he is on the card he is a lot fater than he was I am curious which would be faster for me the ethernet cable or wireless Any other advice to a new wireless net hack Me and my limited knowledge not a program would be greatly appreciated Oh two Wireless Internet and Gaming PC s are running XP and the latest is a old machine with Win K Wireless was easy on the K machine but a lot of trial and error on the XP box Anyone had any problem playing games like FFXI over a wireless network The boy used to XMT and RCD around give or take Now his XMT is in the range and I saw the RCD hit as high as last night nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

First off I d like to say that if I had the option of using a wired connection drops out Wireless gaming while I would have it So please don t resort to saying quot get a wire quot Router D-link dir- Wireless adapter N Wireless USB adapter Other info I get Mbps so the windows XP wireless thing says I have - bars at all times and I run on channel My problem is that while I do anything on the internet I always have a pretty nice connection However when I Wireless drops out while gaming start playing games like warcraft I drop within - minutes from the game This has just started happening as of recently and was perfectly fine before a week ago I also just got the wireless router adapter for christmas so they are pretty much brand new The firmware is updated and my computer so far does not drop while playing City of Heroes browsing the internet going on youtube downloading large files like games over steam etc but when I play Warcraft every single game gets dropped In my router login I have the ports for WC forwarded also and I usually have my firewall turned off There hasn t really been any changes in the last week that could have caused this to happen but now I can t play WC with my friends My solution to recovering my internet is simply unplugging the adapter then plugging it back in That s the only way to reconnect to the internet besides restarting my computer If you need anymore information please ask me Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Wireless drops out while gaming

Bump, the situation is still persisting. I've changed these to:

Lower the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) from 1500 to 1492 or less (usually found on your router's main/ basic setup page)
Adjust the following advanced wireless settings:
Lower the beacon interval from 100 to 50
Lower the fragmentation threshold from 2346 to 2306
Lower the RTS threshold from 2347 to 2304

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-drops-out-while-gaming.795839/
Relevancy 43.43%

First off im sure this question has been answered a million times but hopefully I can get a good answer on this one So anyways at the moment im still on dial up internet from earthlink but finally im able to get wireless broadband in my area Right now im playing older games like Swat and Rainbow Six Ravens shield on PC and both games i have a dedicated game server that I rent monthly which is located in Chicago and im located in Michigan so not really that far way normally when i play either of the games on my dedicated server broadband Wireless and gaming i get about a ping which yeah i know is horrible but then again Wireless broadband and gaming it is dial up lol Anyways the company that i plan on getting the wireless broadband service offers a k download k upload plan that fits my budget and it would be on a wired router seeing this connection would be only used for one computer So im wondering what sorta of ping i would be seeing on that connection and also would it be faster enough to play games on playstation and newer games for PC like Battlefield bad company Call of Duty Black ops etc etc I m sure any posts will help me out so thanks a bunch grinthumb nbsp

A:Wireless broadband and gaming

Is that 768 download / 384 kilobits or kilobytes. if its kilobytes then yes that will work with any online pc gaming. I cant say anything console gaming because im a pc gamer only.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-broadband-and-gaming.156839/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey first off sorry if this is in the wrong place i couldnt decide if this belonged in the games section or the networking one Ok so i ve had a bit of a problem Wireless and streaming gaming with my wireless internet connection which i share with my housem We are on Wireless streaming and gaming a mbit connection and our pc s are located close to the router both connected by wireless I use my PC only for gaming and usually the connection is fine However whenever my flatm streams video which is what he uses the net for of the time to watch youtube links my ping will shoot up to - while it loads Now i know that mb should be more than enough for me to game and him to stream video at the same time but just incase the bandwidth was being taken entirely by the streaming we downloaded and installed a program to limit youtube to kb s download When that had no effect i installed DDWRT on my router a DIR- revision D and setup the QoS options Again no effect I also tryed changing the wireless channel to which has again had no effect Is there anything im missing here Really am at the Wireless streaming and gaming end of my patience here and the only option i see is buying another line for the house and some considerable cost The connection is fine if we are both gaming it just seems like youtube and megavideo are the main problems nbsp

A:Wireless streaming and gaming

Any ideas anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-streaming-and-gaming.964695/
Relevancy 43.43%

Between myself and my roommate, we typically have 3 computers, 1 ps3, and 2 xbox 360s hooked up to our network at any given time. The 2 xbox's are the only things connected via ethernet cable, everything else is wireless. I'm trying to figure out what the best router option for me is. I have a budget of < $120 USD and would like to get the best bang for my buck.

Thank you.

A:The best wireless [gaming] router for me?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124333

I've always liked the linksys routers and that one is pretty good for how much you want to spend but you could spend around 50 and be just fine i think with this one, i've used it for wireless gaming in the past and i never had any issues...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124277

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-best-wireless-gaming-router-for-me.949228/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok I m going to try to be as specific as I can with all lag, gaming but tricky... Wireless the problems I m Wireless gaming lag, but tricky... having in hopes that any others out Wireless gaming lag, but tricky... there who are experiencing can learn from this The deal is I have a desktop and laptop computer in my house They re both connected wirelessly via a Belkin mg router and belkin cards My brother who owns the laptop and I are very big online gamers and therein lies the problem On my desktop I have no problems at all playing online games Wireless gaming lag, but tricky... There is virtually no difficulty whatsoever I never lag I can host no annoyances whatsoever Now the desktop is more powerful overall than the laptop but still The laptop lags ferociously with interminable spikes in lag and disconnects being frequent The laptop has mgs of ram which should be MORE than enough to play a game as old as warcraft It has a ghz pentium processor It never lags in doing anything other than gaming I have scanned the computer for all malware and viruses nothing showing up at all I ve disabled Wireless Zero in microsoft I ve done everything I think is possible to make sure the computer stays connected yet still it doesn t Again I want to point out that the desktop is using virtually the same stuff and has no issues whatsoever If anyone can point me in the right direction I swear I ll sing at your wedding nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

im currently in the process of building a new gaming computer for myself and was wondering how online gaming performs on a wirelss connection. at the moment my computer isnt very good so i dont play any games on it with the wireless connection. i know the speed is a litttle more than half that of a wired connection and i was wondering if this hinders the gameplay alot. it wouldnt make much sense to pay all htis money on a great computer to only have it work terrible with online play...

Relevancy 43.43%

I currently have a Linksys WRT55AG router and I'm getting tired of poor wireless online gaming. Now, dont get me wrong, I understand that wireless gaming will never be its wired equivalent, however I would like at least a somewhat stable gaming/dl'ing environment where I dont have disconnects and lag spikes every 10mins.

I am currently connected to my router from the exact opposite side of a fairly large house (I know, I know but I cant do anything about it) and have weak signal strength and low mbps.

I'm looking into the D-Link DIR-635 Rangebooster Pre-N 650, the D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N, and the D-Link DGL-4300 Wireless G Gaming router and I'm leaning toward the DIR-635 due to the price.

If anyone could make any suggestions, reccommendations, or offer any advice as to where to go for the best wireless gaming experience for my next router I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

A:Best Wireless Gaming Experience

Better off getting the High Power Wireless Gaming Router, the High Gain ANT is very strong more like 6db Gain or more. I was going to get one but the price is so high.

I have two Buffalo wireless high power turbo g mimo WHR-HP-G54 $59 each and Buffalo wirless high power turbo g mimo WLITX4G54HP $59. I had to get two one isn't enough if you have more than one floor in you house. Upstairs I had to put the second one. My signal strength when from low to excellent. I set the output to 100% wireless power. All 3 can handle 125Mbps. Routers can be use Wireless Access Points.

What you have there is a weak Wireless Router for average user. You want to do heavy duty wireless gaming you're going something with more power can be adjusted to suite any type of environment. I place both wireless routers/access point in the corner point on each floor near window. Remember if you want to cover large dwelling you're going to need two routers or repeaters.

Again the Dlink Gamer Wireless Router is close to what I have from Buffalo which can handle just about any type of connections. The new N is suppose to be better, but turbo G high power is about equal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-wireless-gaming-experience.71465/
Relevancy 43.43%

for those who have experience with wireless routers, is there a difference between once that are 54 mbps as opposed to 108 mbps?

I was thinking of buying this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127158
But if there are bettter ones that cost cheaper, i wouldnt mind buying that instead.

IF there are once that cost cheaper and you havent used it, please dont suggest it, the one i want has good reviews.

Relevancy 43.43%

Ok, Im sure you have all read posts about this problem.
Basically im quite upset and angry at the fact i just bought a beautiful new machine, thinking ill be able to finally game propelly, to only find that..
I get these 2-5seconds where my gaming ( World of Warcraft ) freezes completely.
Basically from what i've read its something to do with Vistas wireless that searches for a new and better connection every 60seconds.
My computer is NOT connected to the router, it has a 3/5 signal strength and my ping is OK. Its just these lag spikes that are killing me.
I've tried VISTA Anti-LAg and the WLAN optimizer. Nothing works at all.
Anyone have ANY other suggestions as to what i can do to get rid of these 2-5second lag spike/freezes with my gaming?
Im running VISTA Premium x64bit...
All help would be fantastic..
Thank you

A:Wireless lag spikes and gaming :(

What controller do you use ?
Check the controller properties (WWM deactivated, mode: G only)
If you receive signal from other networks, remove them.
The most important is to use the prog delivered with your drivers and not the Vista one.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/170199-wireless-lag-spikes-gaming.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I'm using a Netgear WG111v2 router, every minute or so when gaming i get a spike of lag, with 100% packetloss, for a second or 2 and then everything returns to normal. This is only noticable when gaming or talking via msn, etc.

Any help on how to stop this would be much appreciated

Thank

Gz-

A:Wireless Router Lag While Gaming

Have you tryed running a Trace route?

If no i would recommend running one and posting the results for us all to view!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's how to run a trace route.

Start > run > then type in "cmd" in the promt box

In the black box that pop's up type the following

"tracert and your isp here. Example: "tracert www.btinternet.co.uk"

Now press enter,It will say tracing route to what ever address you entered
over a maximum of 30Hops

you will see something like this

1 1ms 2ms 1ms 217.47.67.13
2 1ms 1ms 1ms 212.140.206.1

When the trace route as finished,click in the top left hand corner,select "edit"
then "copy" and paste the results into a text document.

You can then get the results posted on the forum for us to look at.

Hope this helps

Stay Frosty
Gaz_22

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-lag-while-gaming.406985/
Relevancy 43.43%

I saw some people having trouble with extremely slow wireless connections using an Intel Centrino Wireless n-1030 card. The original thread is closed, so the problem may already be solved, but if anyone is still experiencing this problem, here is what worked for me:

This NIC is a dual band card (802.11 + bluetooth), and with some routers having the bluetooth enabled really slowed down the 802.11n connection (it didn't seem to happen with my netgear router, but when I switched to linksys, WHAMMO!).

Anyway, when I disabled the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager the problem was completely solved (uhhhh except I need to use a dongle to make my bluetooth mouse work now... small price to pay IMO)

Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience. Hope it can help someone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wireless-connection-intel-centrino-wireless-n-1030.1051165/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a new dual band wireless-AC router Linksys EA and just installed an Intel AC wireless card in Wireless on equipment to 54mb/s Speed Connection limited Wireless-N my laptop The wireless network I am connected to indicates that it is a n connection but in the Wireless Network Connection Status it only shows a connection speed of mb s The router is capable of mb s in Wireless Connection Speed limited to 54mb/s on Wireless-N equipment the ghz band and mb s in the ghz band Using inSSIDer to examine the networks it shows that when I'm connected to the ghz network it has a max rate of mb s I have tried everything I can think of and have searched and searched to no avail If my router is an AC router and my wireless card is an AC card why is my connection speed limited to mb s I also have another computer with a wireless-N card and the connection speed is also limited to mb s on that computer too I've attached a screenshot showing the connection speed

A:Wireless Connection Speed limited to 54mb/s on Wireless-N equipment

Have you tried checking the various setting in the network folder? Also, your router has a configuration web page doesnt it? a page you would go to; in order to change the router settings? If so, log into that page and check the router settings. Also; even though the router is new I believe you mentioned; there might be a firmware upgrade for the router that you should be able to easily check for. Im not familiar with the type of router you have. but you should be able to get into the settings fairly easily.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323962-wireless-connection-speed-limited-54mb-s-wireless-n-equipment.html
Relevancy 43.43%

when i double click the icon in my systray of the the flashing monitor, which opens my wireless network connection status window, the number next to Speed fluctuates between 11.0 Mbps to 54.0 Mbps. I just updated my dlink wbr 2310 routers firmware to 1.03 from 1.02 because previously i was getting randomly disconnected. Its only been a couple days, but i havnt yet noticed that ive been randomly disconnected anymore, but now my connection speed fluctuates, where with the old firmware, i never once saw it change. what could be causing this change? as its screwing up my online gaming, causing me to lag when it drops way down. I never had a problem with the speed changing before, and cant find any setting that looks like it could be linked to such an event, though im no networking expert, so i may be missing something. what does anyone think of this problem? thanks.

A:Wireless speed under wireless network connection status fluctuating????

google for a program called Network Stumbler. When it runs, you can see other
wifi systems near by and the real asset is the disclosure of all the channels in use.

pick a channel that is not used

monitor what activities you are performing when the connection rate changes;
it's likely that it only occurs when you're gaming. In that case, the stress of the
networked game is the actual cause of the rate change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-under-wireless-network-connection-status-fluctuating.77396/