Windows Support Forum

Freezes/Crashes: Sys. Drivers critical, Windows Fault bucket reports

Q: Freezes/Crashes: Sys. Drivers critical, Windows Fault bucket reports

I had to do a system recovery a week ago. Ever since then computer constantly Freezes and Crashes.
HP Pavillion Slimline s5713w, with Windows 7 Home Premium x64, SP-1.
Went to System Info: many Drivers are listed as "critical"
Went to Windows Error reporting: many "Fault bucket" (including: blue screen, AppCrash)
I think I need to wipe the whole thing out and start over???
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384983-freezes-crashes-sys-drivers-critical-windows-fault-bucket-reports.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Freezes/Crashes: Sys. Drivers critical, Windows Fault bucket reports

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 96.75%

My computer is a Microsoft Vista Home Premium Service Pack with AMD Athlon Dual Core Processors It is my Bucket Drivers Blue and Fault Screens, first computer I have developed repeated blue screens most of a general nature some mentioning drivers In my Problem Report section it tells me there is a driver problem I Blue Screens, Drivers and Fault Bucket have followed each of HP steps Blue Screens, Drivers and Fault Bucket to try to remedy the problem This includes multiple hours on the phone Blue Screens, Drivers and Fault Bucket with HPtech support including a full recovery When I was directed to the Event Viewer and followed some steps I obtained a faault bucket which is Oxc E VRF-TfFsMon d IDI Oea dbf-O When I came to Microsoft Knowledgebases I expected to find a table to which I could match my fault bucket and finally determine what is the problem with drivers and or which driver is problematic I can nothing like that Can anyone intrepret the code or refer me to some reference that would allow me to do so Thank you for your time and willingness to help

A:Blue Screens, Drivers and Fault Bucket

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debu...-analysis.html
http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debu...d-problem.html

How-to: WinDbg Analysis Report

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281052-blue-screens-drivers-fault-bucket.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Keep getting this event fault bucket about one time Viewer Fault Event Bucket in Windows Strange per day and I've found little information Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer about it on google Also posted on Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer the official Microsoft forums with little help No idea what is causing this problem since the problem Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer signature information is so cryptic The error is logged about one time per day but I don't notice any instability issues as a result It bugs me that this keeps happening and I'd like to fix it I'm using a asus g jx which I upgraded to windows from the windows store I have received no BSoD and don't have system instability issues so far I stress tested the system for about hours running prime and battlefield with no errors Ran a few passes of Microsoft Memory diagnostic for about hours Ran Memtest for about hours Play bf on ultra settings without issues Checked system temperatures amp voltages without issue I'm running the WHQL windows drivers and have been watching event viewer like a hawk but this annoying error has me stumped Fault bucket - type Event Name AEAPPINVW Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P P P P P P P P P P Attached files These files may be available here Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id b aeac - cdc- e -bea -d e b c Report Status Hashed bucket c ac ca d e cebf de f lt Event xmlns quot quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Windows Error Reporting quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt ANewPC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt - lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt AEAPPINVW lt Data gt lt Data gt Not available lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b aeac - cdc- e -bea -d e b c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c ac ca d e cebf de f lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt This may be unrelated but about once a day a bunch of scheduled windows tasks run and this error occurs at the exact same time so I think it's related to the underlying operating system According to the scheduled tasks they all complete successfully except for this one Task Scheduler gt Microsoft gt Windows gt MemoryDiagnostic contains two scheduled events ProcessMemoryDiagnosticEvents Ready Multiple Triggers defined Last run time when the error occurred Last Run Result The operator or administrator has refused the request x E seems odd that it was refused quot run with highest privileges is checked quot It says it will only be triggered by event ID and RunFullMemoryDiagnostic Ready LastRun when the error occurred The Operation completed successfully x Why would operation fail but operation succeed This also may be unrelated but this happens as well Usually the five esent events that are logged don't have this error occur in between more in a moment event ESENT svchost Instance The database engine is starting a new instance event ESENT svchost Instance The database engine started a new instance Time seconds Internal Timing Sequence event ESENT svchost Instance The database engine attached a database C ProgramData Microsoft Windows AppRepository PackageRepository edb Time seconds Internal Timing Sequence Saved Cache THE ERROR IS LOGGED usually at the exact same time or a few seconds after the first esent messages above are logged Under system gt Time-Service it also syncs around this time and some Kernel-general messages are logged as well about re-organizing data but appear successful and informationa... Read more

A:Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer

In Task Scheduler (taskschd.msc), delete all Customer Experience Improvement Program entries.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39650-strange-fault-bucket-windows-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I HAVE ATLEAST 3,000 OF THESE WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATE THAT HAPPEN IN THE EARLY AM AND THEIR ALL IN SYSTEM INFORMATION UNDER SOFTWARE ENVIROMENT I HAVE A DELL LATITUDE D830 2009 EDITION COMPUTER FOR CHRISTMAS I WILL BUY A NEW COMPUTER. ANYWAY I WANTED
TO SEE IF I CAN DELETE THEM BECAUSE I CANT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING. BUT UNDER SYSTEM INFORMATION THEIRS NO DELETE. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN  THANK YOU  STEVE LARKIN  [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7b8b92b-3b58-4014-a969-0cfb52cc07f6/windows-err-fault-bucket-715935150type-5ampampx000dampampx000aevent?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello Im getting this error when i am playing a game at spesific times Note DxDiag has no problems found with my graphic cards etc Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket type amp x d amp x a Event Name BlueScreen amp x d amp x a Response Not available amp x d amp x a Cab Id amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Problem signature amp x d amp x Windows Na fault bucket 0 
Event Error type a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P Windows Error fault bucket type 0 
Event Na amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Attached files amp x d amp x a C Windows Minidump - - dmp amp x d amp x a C Users Makispap AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml amp x d amp x a C Windows MEMORY DMP amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a These files may be available here amp x d amp x a C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Kernel cab b cd d amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Analysis symbol amp x d amp x a Rechecking for solution amp x d amp x a Report Id - - amp x d amp x a Report Status amp x d amp x a Hashed bucket Waiting for your answer thanks in advance

A:Windows Error fault bucket type 0 
Event Na

it's the blue screen of death crash(BSOD). the game might have got corrupted or been improper from the origin, try uninstalling and installing again with latest patch and updates for your game's version.hope it helps

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27138-windows-error-fault-bucket-type-0-event-na.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi to all I'm desperated ATI's when fault 7 Windows gaming, crashes 64bit to seemingly drivers have searched through thousand of forums with similar problems but haven't been able to find an answer I bought a new computer with this specs - CORE i ' GHz - RAM GB DDR - VIDEO ATI RADEON HD - MB ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME And after hesitating about its possible incompatibilities with some software i decided to install Windows Ultimate bit Installed all drivers everything seems to work smooth ATI drivers were downloaded first from their website so i have the newest ones I installed my COD Modern Warfare game and after this last version of Windows 7 64bit crashes when gaming, seemingly to ATI's drivers fault DirectX to try my new machine and oops Game loads ok mission starts ok so i get to play it for a few seconds but then all of a suddend the screen goes black and lots of vertical lines appear It keeps frozen like that for like seconds and then reboot Here is the dump i found Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is C Symbols C Windows simbolos Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Machine Name Kernel base xfffff a PsLoadedModuleList xfffff c e Debug session time Mon May UTC System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image atikmdag sys Win error n Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E ffffffffc fffff a ae fffff e efc fffff e e Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt KPRCB a lot more of quot symbols are wrong quot although i have tried to fix this as well with no luck Probably caused by atikmdag sys atikmdag TV setTVregs d Followup MachineOwner --------- I guess atikmdag sys is the source of my personal nightmare What can i do Please help

A:Windows 7 64bit crashes when gaming, seemingly to ATI's drivers fault

Could you please upload the dmps for analysis?

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

You can try uninstalling your video card drivers and installing a fresh copy. Install only the drivers, not the Catalyst suite.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/88269-windows-7-64bit-crashes-when-gaming-seemingly-atis-drivers-fault.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have had a Bit Torrent client "" Deluge "" crash on me 6 times today. On half of the crashes the Event viewer said it was

Fault Bucket 1205604003

Google doesn't have much to say about Fault Buckets.

Any help here?

Thanks

A:Fault Bucket???

As I understand it...fault buckets are basically program debug mistakes which cause the system/program to crash.See http://phorums.com.au/archive/index.php/t-210235.htmlWhen it happens on my system, I just assume that the program has damaged files, needs updating, or needs reinstalling. If it's a known program that I can't update and which I know has a history of being troublesome, I just ignore the error...since the resolution would probably involve removing the program.If I had a large number of these, due to the same application...I would remove the program permanently.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264547/fault-bucket/
Relevancy 79.12%

Does anyone know what these mean:
0x1a_3452_nt!MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet+2fb,type0 (This has occurred on my computer 13 times from January until today 11/3/2012)
PAGE_NOT_ZERO,type 0
ZEROED_STACK, type 0
0x24_Ntfs!NtfsFreeSnapshots ForFeb+c0, type 0

And there are MANY, MANY more. I didn't know about looking at the events to see the errors that I had sent. I just found out about that today. And so, we haven't done it in a while. Do I have a serious problem?
Thank you for any help!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298592-fault-bucket.html
Relevancy 79.12%

WinXP Home Sp-1

Sometimes, not always, when opening My Computer or Windows Explorer, it crashes. The App error log reports: explorer.exe version 6.0.2800.1221 has errored in faulting module ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.1106 Fault address 0x00002109. It seems this ntdll.dll is the root.

Another error is logged: Fault bucket 50940626

1. As anyone experienced this?

2. Recently renamed the computer but, the original name still appears in Win Explorer as a folder. Only one user on this machine. Could this be it?

3. Do I ned to change the old name everywhere in the registry?

4. Should I just do an XP repair?

A:Fault Bucket

try running
sfc /scannow
don't miss the space after the c

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fault-bucket.155508/
Relevancy 79.12%

Occasionally, when trying to fix a computer, I encounter this term.

Windows error reporting states I don't have to worry about it, but the problem persists.

RF123

A:what is a fault bucket?

A fault bucket identification number is a number assigned by the system to identify specific types of errors usually this correlates to problems showing in the Event Viewer.
Also this identifcation number is what is used by Microsoft in order to identify a particular program error when you send an error report.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-a-fault-bucket.446088/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello,

I have a XP computer with SP2 that is getting a Fault Bucket error 126637809 when Internet Exploder hangs. Does anybody know how to resolve this issue?

-Sue

A:Fault Bucket Error

Run HiJackthis and post your log here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fault-bucket-error-372217.html
Relevancy 77.4%

i went and looked up the event id on the web and they said to dowload the latest nvidia driver.... which one??? the event log says that i have an application error 1001 and the description says it is the fault bucket. HELP!

A:nvidia driver for fault bucket?

ms had the latest certified drivers on windows update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-driver-for-fault-bucket.144419/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Been having problems with this computer for a couple of weeks now Whenever I am playing a game there is a good chance that it will randomly freeze and lock up the entire system requiring a restart Windows Error Reporting gives Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket type amp x d amp x a Event Name ServiceHang amp x d amp x a Response Not available amp x d amp x a Cab Id amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Problem signature amp x d amp x a P KService amp x d amp x a P KService exe quot amp x d amp Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket x a P amp x Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Attached files amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a These files Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket may be available here amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Analysis symbol amp x d amp x a Rechecking for solution amp x d amp x a Report Id b e - d - df-a a- d fd d amp x d amp x a Report Status Anyone shed some light on how to fix the accursed thing nbsp

A:Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket

Kservice.exe is a P2P service installed by Sky Broadband and others for streaming video. If you don't know what kservice.exe is, you probably don't need it. See if this helps: http://www.opinionatedgeek.com/Blog/blogentry=000175/BlogEntry.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-freezing-fault-bucket.937672/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,

I have Windows 32bit Vista Home Basic on a Compaq Presario V6000.

I am usually getting the following error after an hour or so after the laptop is turned on. The screen simply goes black and no response after that. All i can do is to hard boot again. I got this description from the event viewer tool in vista.

Fault bucket 0xD1_VRF_epfwtdi+3e71, type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: Microsoft Windows Error Reporting
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1:
P2:
P3:
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini070309-01.dmp
C:\Users\hello\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65130-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\hello\AppData\Local\Temp\WER63B1.tmp.version.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report0afa1ffe

Thank you for any help!

A:Fault bucket 0xD1_VRF_epfwtdi+3e71, type 0

Please go to the C:\Windows\Minidump directory and zip up the contents of that folder. Then upload the .zip file in your next post. We'll have a look at the dmp files and will see if that gives us any information.

Have you checked to ensure that the laptop fans are running? Have you blown out the vents with compressed air (don't us a vacuum or an air compressor - it'll damage the components)?

Have you recently changed anything on the system? Do you recall anything unusual that stands out in your mind?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235320-fault-bucket-0xd1_vrf_epfwtdi-3e71-type-0-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

When playing battlefield and sometimes in other games like SC and MW it will either crash the computer crash to desktop or BSOD This is the data pulled from BSOD playing Fault 3, bucket battlefield type , 0 the event viewer Fault bucket type Event Name BlueScreen Response Not BSOD playing battlefield 3, Fault bucket , type 0 available Cab Id Problem signature P P P P P P P P P P Attached files C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Hugh AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml These files may be available here C BSOD playing battlefield 3, Fault bucket , type 0 Users Hugh AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Kernel cab d c Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id - - Report Status I have just upgraded my computer to with Asrock Fatal ty Z professional gen G skill ripjaws X F gig X ASUS Radeon HD DirectCU II GB in crossfire i k w antec pro psu Windows home premium bit OEM Purchased the mobo cpu and RAM about weeks ago and the two gpu's days ago with the psu I think the crashes BSOD started when i installed the cpu mobo and ram but where less frequent than they are now with my new gpus I bought a new HDD and installed windows from scratch days ago when i put in the GPUs Any help would be much appreciated

A:BSOD playing battlefield 3, Fault bucket , type 0

crashed with a different faulting module. Faulting module name: atidxx32.dll, version: 8.17.10.401, time stamp: 0x4ea768a3. Does it mean its related to my graphics maybe?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201959-bsod-playing-battlefield-3-fault-bucket-type-0-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

This crash started out of the blue for no apparent reason I generally find that leaving one side of my case open helps to keep my PC freezes/crashes) WHEA-Logger Hardware fault (W7 cooler than when the case is WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault closed and sealed I have the case closed atm I did have a noisy PSU which was slightly respositioned but other than this I am sure nothing else could be the cause The only thing I did with the PSU was to adjust the casing screws so it no longer vibrated And I do have my doubts about the PSU being at fault here This error crash has only showed up months later after adjusting the PSU If the problem consists and no one here is able to help resolve this then I will go back to Vista Ultimate and see if the problems showup there Also FYI this PC has never had nor ever will be overclocked Copied from Event Viewer Script -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB Log nbsp Name span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB System br Source span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Microsoft span span style color - span span style color BB Windows span span style color - span span style color BB WHEA span span style color - span span style color BB Logger br Date span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB br Event nbsp ID span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br Task nbsp Category span span style color nbsp span span style color BB None br Level span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Error br Keywords span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br span span style color BB User span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB LOCAL nbsp SERVICE br Computer span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - span span style color BB office span span style color - span span style color BB PC br Description span span style color br span span style color BB A nbsp fatal nbsp hardware nbsp error nbsp has nbsp occurred span span style color br span span style color BB Reported nbsp by nbsp component span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Processor nbsp Core br Error nbsp Source span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Machine nbsp Check nbsp Exception br Error nbsp Type span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Internal nbsp Timer nbsp Error br Processor nbsp ID span span style color nbsp span span style color BB br The nbsp details nbsp view nbsp of nbsp this nbsp entry nbsp contains nbsp further nbsp information span span style color br span span style color BB Event nbsp Xml span span style color br lt span span style color BB Event nbsp xmlns span span style color span span style color DD http schemas microsoft com win events event span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB System span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Provider nbsp Name span span style color span span style color DD Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger nbsp span span style color BB Guid span span style color span span style color DD C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED nbsp span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Level span span style color gt sp... Read more

A:WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault

Please read this article: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

In particular, test your RAM, Video card, and make sure your temps are okay using Speedfan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85976-whea-logger-w7-freezes-crashes-hardware-fault.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,
I recently reinstalled my OS and installed the AMD Drivers for my 5830s(crossfired) and they seem to be causing freezes. By freeze I mean that my computer will lock up completely and I cannot move my mouse and I have to then hard restart.

I have tried several solutions, such as reinstalling windows and reinstalling the graphics drivers after removing them in safe mode with driver sweeper. I have tried old versions and the latest versions do not install. I can boot into safe mode successfully and that is how I am asking this. I really need help because I cannot understand what is wrong.

My Computer specs:
AMD Phenom II X6 1050t OCed to 3.2ghz
8gb of Corsair XMS3 RAM
2 XFX Radeon HD 5830s Crossfired
850W Power Supply

I appreciate help and will provide anything necessary to stop this problem.

A:AMD Drivers causing freezes/crashes

Have you tried booting with only 1 gpu instead of both being connected? Maybe one of the gpus are malfunctioning.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/254545-amd-drivers-causing-freezes-crashes.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Since installing servicepack 1 my OS has been unable to pass an SFC check. Ive taken ownership of the extremely large CBS file but cant find the files its referring to. Ive done a search of the string "[sr] cannot repair member file" but the text file comes back empty Ive also created a details.text per hundred operations and this shows no problems. Ive noticed that there is no end of verification notice at the end of each CBS log and the repaired files seem to be the same files that where repaired during the last SFC. Does anybody know what might be going on here and how I can correct it?

A:Ipossible to find fault after SFC reports unable to fix files

Quote: Originally Posted by Mykill100

Since installing servicepack 1 my OS has been unable to pass an SFC check. Ive taken ownership of the extremely large CBS file but cant find the files its referring to. Ive done a search of the string "[sr] cannot repair member file" but the text file comes back empty Ive also created a details.text per hundred operations and this shows no problems. Ive noticed that there is no end of verification notice at the end of each CBS log and the repaired files seem to be the same files that where repaired during the last SFC. Does anybody know what might be going on here and how I can correct it?

We need the actual cbs.log file. If it is too large to upload here you can upload it to a file share like rapidshare and give us the link to it.

If sfc is saying there are files it cannot fix you are probably going to have to do at least a repair install if not a clean re-install.

For that you will need the win 7 dvd, a backup (just is case) and a restore point.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/150099-ipossible-find-fault-after-sfc-reports-unable-fix-files.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Just went through the second Tuesday update cycle and when all five computers restarted, sidebar.exe crashed during boot up, and kept crashing on repeated restarts. Dropping back to the restore point just prior to the update cycle restored proper Windows Sidebar operation. As there were over two dozen critical updates between Windows and MS Office, it took some work to isolate which update broke the Windows Sidebar. I've been able to replicate installing KB3097877 crashing sidebar.exe and uninstalling it restores proper sidebar function, on two laptops and two desktops, all with Windows 7 Pro or Windows 7 Ultimate /x64 . . . although I don't believe the Win7 variant makes any difference.

Even if auto updates are turned off, Windows insists on trying to install KB3097877 during Shutdown (i.e. when you turn off the computer). The only way to prevent it from being reinstalled (and breaking the sidebar again) is to select and hide this update in Windows Update.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385494-11-nov-2015-windows-critical-update-kb3097877-crashes-windows-sidebar.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Dell Inspiron 580 that randomly freezes and reboots and reports that windows has recovered from a fatal error. I can not seem to find the cause. I have tried reinstalling the Video Driver, thinking this was the issue because sometimes when it crashes, the screen will freeze, sometimes it will flash blue and white then crash and reboot. One specific error I see when opening Windows Live Mail, upon a hang, display flashes and notification window pops up says Video driver as stopped working.

I have also tried cleaning all heat syncs, and reapplyng thermal compound to rule out a heat problem. All fans work fine. I have run memtest86 testing memory, and burn in software testing the Video card and I get no error during these test.

At a loss. Figured I would ask for help.

A:Computer Freezes, reboots, reports Windows has Recovered - Fatal Error

I'm not absolutely certain here as things aren't very clear cut in your logs there, but at this point the biggest possible culprit seems to be your antivirus application.
Whether something has gone wrong or it's just mistakenly blocking a needed system component I can't say.

If you aren't completely opposed to the idea I would like you to remove it temporarily to see if things stabilize.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250106-computer-freezes-reboots-reports-windows-has-recovered-fatal-error.html
Relevancy 60.2%

There are several articles on this newly appearing today Crosses all versions of Windows still supported and apparently Outlook and though I don't know if others are involved The Update in question is which you can read about here It's supposed to be a 'critical' update correcting some flaw that occurs when HTML language is used in an email hence the connection to Outlook Reddit report is the most detailed and varied here Lots of specific data there search also on 'touchscreen' as its failure might be linked only to devices with touchscreens Notebook Review's report is just a started ticket here The least informative article but with new comments every few minutes on the Outlook problem is here Most of the reports say that Windows balks or BSoD's or merely Outlook does that So I'm not sure if my posting this is in the right place Please move it to the right place if you prefer Thank you for your time

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596032/windows-critical-update-3097877-crashes-devices-with-outlook/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and on a daily basis the computer loses signal to the monitor . The event view is Kernal Power Event 41 Critical Crash.

The signal loss happened once a few years ago where I removed the video card and it worked again up until the last few months it has been getting progressively worse, so I got sick of removing the card, so I now find if I shut down the power, it comes good after a while.

Regards
Tracey

A:Windows 7 Kernal Power Event 41 Critical Crashes daily

So, let's have a look at this report:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

While waiting for a reply, please also provide this information (even though you're not reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
EDIT:  Presuming that this is a desktop system - check the video card to make sure that the video cooler is clean and free of dust/dirt/hairballs, and that the fan is functioning properly.  DO NOT TOUCH anything inside the case while it's plugged in, and don't touch anything without grounding yourself on the metal of the case if it's unplugged.  If the card is overheating you can get severely burned this way (I got 2nd degree burns doing this with a video card!).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582477/windows-7-kernal-power-event-41-critical-crashes-daily/
Relevancy 59.34%

i have noticed that my computer has been taking longer viewer on boot and and critical shutdown errors reports Event events to start up and shut down lately i have used all my resources to see and control what i am running on Event viewer reports errors and critical events on boot and shutdown startup from msconfig to spybot's startup manager there's not Event viewer reports errors and critical events on boot and shutdown a lot running there so i went to check the event viewer and it's full of errors critical events and warnings I tried using MS's Event viewer reports errors and critical events on boot and shutdown websites for help but they are a nightmare to use posted this same entry in their forums but no answer yet I'll appreciate if you can help me understand what's going on with my computer Thanks in advance the last critical event reads as follows the OS is in spanish so i'll translate to what i think it should be Windows has started up Boot duration ms IsDegradation true Incident Time UTC p m Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational Source Diagnostics-Performance Date p m Event ID Task Category Boot Performance Monitoring Level Critical Keywords Event Log User LOCAL SERVICE Computer name deleted by me EventData BootTsVersion BootStartTime - - T Z BootEndTime - - T Z SystemBootInstance UserBootInstance BootTime MainPathBootTime BootKernelInitTime BootDriverInitTime BootDevicesInitTime BootPrefetchInitTime BootPrefetchBytes BootAutoChkTime BootSmssInitTime BootCriticalServicesInitTime BootUserProfileProcessingTime BootMachineProfileProcessingTime BootExplorerInitTime BootNumStartupApps BootPostBootTime BootIsRebootAfterInstall false BootRootCauseStep mprovementBits BootRootCauseGradualImprovementBits BootRootCauseStepDegradationBits BootRootCauseGradualDegradationBits BootIsDegradation true BootIsStepDegradation true BootIsGradualDegradation false BootImprovementDelta BootDegradationDelta BootIsRootCauseIdentified true

A:Event viewer reports errors and critical events on boot and shutdown

the system specs in case t hey are useful at all:

DELL vostro 400
Intel core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66 ghz
2GB RAM

i tried to edit the previous post and there was a time limit, sorry for bumping this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/event-viewer-reports-errors-and-critical-events-on-boot-and-shutdown-244337.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have only one problem with my laptop and that is at the start-up I open up my laptop and what I see is that there are several drivers that Windows is searching for but cannot find So as a pretty advanced user I simply downloaded the required drivers and installed them But when I re-started my computer the quot Searching for Drivers quot pop up came up again So I took the software approach I downloaded Driver Genius and then Driver Robot to install drivers that are supposedly missing They installed the drivers but when I re-started the computer the deplorable screen cam up again I realised then that the Critical found present not Drivers are really Windows but on Start-up, drivers Critical Drivers not found on Windows Start-up, but are really present are actually installed but Windows cannot seem to be able to find them at all Kindly help me with this as there seems to be some serious driver problems Kind Regards RawVix Newbie UPDATE The Driver that the System cannot find is Intel Series Chipset - SMBus SB I hate tried re-installing the Chipset but it does not install for some reason Any help

A:Critical Drivers not found on Windows Start-up, but are really present

Quote: Originally Posted by RawVix

I have only one problem with my laptop and that is at the start-up. I open up my laptop, and what I see is that there are several drivers that Windows is searching for, but cannot find.

So, as a pretty advanced user, I simply downloaded the required drivers and installed them.

But when I re-started my computer, the "Searching for Drivers" pop up came up again.

So, I took the software approach. I downloaded Driver Genius, and then Driver Robot to install drivers that are supposedly missing. They installed the drivers, but when I re-started the computer, the deplorable screen cam up again.

I realised then, that the drivers are actually installed, but Windows cannot seem to be able to find them at all....

Kindly help me with this, as there seems to be some serious driver problems.

Kind Regards,
RawVix

UPDATE:

The Driver that the System cannot find is Intel 5 Series Chipset 3400 - SMBus SB30.

I hate tried re-installing the Chipset, but it does not install for some reason...

Any help?

Hi RawVix, if there are no win 7 drivers available for the chipset try downloading the vista drivers and install them in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/188013-critical-drivers-not-found-windows-start-up-but-really-present.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Please help me with this issue. My son was running with an antivirus program not up to date.His lap top started to have problems at first he had the blue screen come up saying it was dumping virtual memory.

I tried to install webroot and update his anti-virus but no luck. next i went to safe mode with no results. Now when we start computer the start up repair comes on and runs we get the following message:

boot critical file c:/windows/system32/drivers/sshrmd.sys

My son has all his pictures on this computer {i know silly not to back up}

Could anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/boot-critical-anyone-know-how-to-fix-file-c-windows-system32-drivers-sshrmd-sys-316674.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Laptop - Dell Inspiron 1525 
Windows Vista

Been getting this message on failed start up repair since yesterday. System restore runs and says its completed successfully but then it just boots up doing the system repair again. I can't even get into the computer via safe mode (to see if there are any files on there that I really need)

Is there anyway to get into the computer to get my files that I might need off or fix this problem? 

Someone told me that I'd need the Windows DVD version of my version of Windows to fix this and a repair install doing? I have no idea what that means and the only DVD I have is a recovery one I made via the laptop a month or so ago, which someone told me if I use could wipe all my data and I really don't want that to happen. 

Thank you for reading. 

A:boot critical file c\windows\system32\drivers\ksedd.sys

Try performing a repair installation.  This will require the installation disc, if you do not have one you can download a ISO image and burn it to a disc to create one in the instruction as Window Vista Forums.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519840/boot-critical-file-cwindowssystem32driverskseddsys/
Relevancy 55.47%

When i boot up my computer it doesnt reach the user login screen before it loads of startup repair. It looks for a fix but it doesnt find one. In the diagnosis the only error it shows is 'Boot critical file C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vmbus.sys is corrupt'. I have booted kaspersky repair disk and run a full scan which found no viruses or malware etc. From the startup repair window i have tried a system restore which had the same problem when attempting to boot. I can only access the system recovery options screen.

I am running windows 7 32bit, and i dont have a windows 7 disk but do have the windows 7 32bit iso file that i used to install windows 7.

I would be grateful for any help to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

A:Unable to boot into Windows 7: Boot critical file C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vmbus.sys is corrupt

but do have the windows 7 32bit iso file that i used to install windows 7
so burn the win7 iso to dvd and see if you can boot to it and run the repair

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438268/unable-to-boot-into-windows-7-boot-critical-file-cwindowssystem32driversvmbussys-is-corrupt/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello there Recently setup my home wifi network i had been noticing that my link speed to any device through my Dlink DIR router was always Mbps as reported by the device i searched around that i should set the channel width to 'auto mhz' to gain speed however now link 150Mbps windows DIR 300Mbps, reports at reports 615 that i did that the link DIR 615 reports link at 300Mbps, windows reports 150Mbps speed increased but only to Mbps as seen in the screenshot attached I could live with it but when i check the router's wireless status page it reports the link to be 'M' which hopefully stands for Mbps as it should be sometimes its at M as well but it always reports double of what windows and other devices like my android phone report i'm having a hard time figuring out whats going on with my setup i've checked for interference but there are hardly any other wifi networks in range Some more misc info about my setup I use a Dlink Nano N adapter with my desktop which was recommended for use with the router Using WPA -AES PSK running the router in WPA only wireless N only mode Generally receiving full bars throughout my home Why is there a conflict in the link speed info displayed on my devices and the router Thanks

A:DIR 615 reports link at 300Mbps, windows reports 150Mbps

Some more details, i installed the crappy dlink software to obtain more information about it and surely got soemthing out of it.
In the attached screenshot, its written Tx/Rx:150Mbps/300Mbps...which basically means its transmitting at 150M, hence what it shows in Windows, which leads me to the question, why?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190177-dir-615-reports-link-300mbps-windows-reports-150mbps.html
Relevancy 53.75%
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,
Just about everything crashes on this pc, every game I have tried always crashes to desktop at random intervals with the send error report message.

Even Internet explorer and Firefox do it, but they seem to do it more often when I am on pages that have flash programs.

I've got no idea what is wrong with it so I'm just going to put it under this section, I've cleaned out my registry, defragged my drive and updated my graphics drivers, but nothing seems to work.

I even upgraded my cpu and video card but the problem still persists and its really frustrating. Does anyone have any advice as to how to fix this problem(s)?...

A:Frequent Crashes and error reports...

Welcoem to TSF....

What is needed is the error messages from these send error report messages that you get, there is a link on them for this and if you click on this link it will open a screen that will eventually get you to a more descriptive page that explains the error. Getting this will make solving the problem a bit easier.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/frequent-crashes-and-error-reports-299429.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm running:
Windows 7 x64 [Full Retail Version]

Age of the hardware is 30 days
Age of the OS installation is 15 days (I accidentally deleted my system files that were on my 320GB drive (not my OS drive), not knowing they were there and had to reformat. Prior to this reformat, I never had these errors).

A:Crashes! Pictures of reports inside!

Feel free to check my specs in my profile.

I really appreciate your guys' help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/145355-crashes-pictures-reports-inside.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently put together a new computer after installing the os which took about 7-8 tries, because it kept freezing up. After the os finally installed it would sometimes freezes or crashes the first 10-20minutes or using something like updating.

Specs
Gigabyte ga-870a-ud3 motherboard
AMD Phenom ii x2 555 be
Sapphire HD Radeon 5770
Corsair DDr3 ram 1333 Mhz 4gb (2x2gb)
ST3300831A Barracuda 7200.8 300 GB | Seagate HDD

Im thinking that it is the old hard drive but im not quite sure

A:Windows 7 crashes or freezes

What power supply do you have?
Also how are your temps and voltages you can check in bios.
If you suspect the hard drive you can run this to test it http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00dd04090aRCRD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-crashes-or-freezes-523622.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Just started my comp from work and again crash and restart. Here is the test I have done using apropriate tools. Can anybody please check what the hell is wrong with my Windows?

thanks

A:Windows 7 64 bit crashes or freezes

Quote: Originally Posted by skolo

Just started my comp from work and again crash and restart. Here is the test I have done using apropriate tools. Can anybody please check what the hell is wrong with my Windows?

its 51mb file

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
thanks

Love to help but rapidshare keeps hanging. why dont you just upload it here?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/69959-windows-7-64-bit-crashes-freezes.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Since the day I installed W10 (which was way back in September) I've been getting random freezes and crashes with buzzing noises. I've recently looked up some solutions and tried them all: changing my power plan settings, updating drivers, turning off most of the background software and others. This problem commonly happens when I play games and Skype with my friends (for ex. while playing Heroes of the Storm) the last crash happened like 20 minutes ago. Sometimes I get a blue screen saying CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I don't know if it's related to previously mentioned problem or a problem of it's own. My computer is a pretty beefy one it has 8GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 760, an i5 processor and other goodies. I would really be thankful if anyone could spare some time to help me!

A:Windows 10 freezes and crashes

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD and the other issues as you are reporting are interrelated.

Please post a reply following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions .

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50069-windows-10-freezes-crashes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey My computer specs and error speed reports. reduced Crashes, are Ghrz Intel Celeron MB DDR RAM NVidia GeForce GB SATA HDD and a cheapo sound card i cant remember the make of It is running Windows XP SP - Pro Crashes, reduced speed and error reports. My problem is as follows My computer is running extremely slow for instance it can take up to seconds for the start menu to appear and it crashes repeatedly It simply freezes up with all programs not responding If I leave it does eventually unfreeze normally accompanied by a Error Report for Windows Service Pack setup What service pack it is talking about I dont know I have followed the directions of another website on running cmd exe to do something to my registries I'm not sure exactly what as I'm not brilliant at computers I have also downloaded Registry Fix v this found quite a few errors but fixing them didn't make any difference I have tried also virus scanned repeately with AVG and NOD scandisked and reinstalled Windows at least times I have even taken my harddrive round to my mates and plugged it into his computer as a secondary hard drive and formatted it None of this has had any effect I am at a lose as what to do Any help would be very much appreciated

A:Crashes, reduced speed and error reports.

Hey Danjay,

Try posting a HijackThis log. Go here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html

And follow the steps before posting your log in the board.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crashes-reduced-speed-and-error-reports-166399.html
Relevancy 53.32%

every time i try to install windows on my new build i do a clean install however it spends about a second on the copying files part then waits a few minutes before it starts expanding files x64 Random freezes and crashes 7 Windows it hangs at for a few more minutes then it will start accelerating it will crash at Random Windows 7 x64 crashes and freezes random points while it is quot expanding files quot the crashes vary sometimes the display will explode and look lagged out then look like small tiles the display sometimes turns red where shadows are as well it also likes to just freeze it frequently likes to freeze at or i had installed one time when i kept my mouse moving constantly throughout the installation but then the freezes would happen when i would boot into normal windows but not safe mode specs mobo GIGABYTE P -UD L intel P express chipset proc Intel Core Quad Q PSU Rosewill W ATX HDD WD TB enterprise storage Gcard GIGABYTE Radeon Ram x Gb Crucial Ballistix tracer DVD x HP i Case Aero cool VX-R

A:Random Windows 7 x64 crashes and freezes

did you download it? if so it sounds like a bad dvd burn. If I were you I would re download it and re burn it.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31565-random-windows-7-x64-crashes-freezes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello 2 wth or crashes/freezes up more windows IE7 or tabs everyone I am not sure if this problem with IE is causing my problems with my other programs if there is a compatability problem between IE Vista and one or more of the other programs or if all of these IE7 crashes/freezes up wth 2 or more tabs or windows problems all totally not related or because of having Dial-up internet access it just bogs down one program which in turn bogs down IE7 crashes/freezes up wth 2 or more tabs or windows another which bogs down another etc until IE freezes up or crashes or I loose the internet connection Then through on top of that some programs with auto-updates and that just really slows things down even more So my questions are Is there a quot bug quot in IE that anyone knows about that may cause something like this to happen Could there be Compatability problems between IE and other programs on my computer other programs that I encounter on websites that may cause something like this to happen What are the possibilities of IE causing a glitch with the McAfee Security Center suite and therefore causing it to not download updates properly Are there any possibilities of IE causing Internet connectivity problems Such as losing the connection with the server causing the modem not to get a proper dial signal to reach the target server and also could it cause a lack of finding the proper servers in a timely manner once online and connected to the Internet IE7 crashes/freezes up wth 2 or more tabs or windows Thus causing quot Timed-out quot errors I had switched to FireFox and my problems were much less or very limited But I had to do a Factory Condition Reset on my computer due to some problems I was having And now more problems pop up The Same thing happened the last time I did the reset with McAfee not downloading properly But I think there might be a connection to IE that might be causing this or at least having an influence on it Or Do you think it could be related to some quot bug quot in Vista

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226057/ie7-crashesfreezes-up-wth-2-or-more-tabs-or-windows/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Seven Forums community I am a complete amateur with computers so I apologize in advance for my poor terminology and descriptions I was recently handed a Windows computer by my dad From what we both know the computer worked completely fine and there were no problems I am currently typing this post on my [help] Freezes/Crashes Windows In 7 after Logging laptop here are the specs of the system Windows edition Windows Professional Model HP Compaq Elite SFF PC System type -bit Operating System The problem After typing my login information at the Welcome screen the computer loads my desktop fine However at this point anything I click results into the computer trying to process load or whatever but nothing happens If I click a shortcut the start menu or load an internet browser nothing loads I just see the circular loading symbol around my cursor but I can't do anything I feel like my computer is rendered useless I don't have much downloaded on it just Google Chrome iTunes Microsoft Office Malwarebytes and like AVG and I think some HP Security Manager that would automatically prompt whenever I logged in I also moved around gbs of songs and files ie school assignments projects etc from my previous computer I used this computer fine for all of yesterday when I had first started using the computer but today it seems bugged I can run it in safe mode and everything works fine there I don't know what to do though What would be your advice I've tried to do a quot clean boot quot from what I've read online but I can't even get to the command prompt after logging in [help] Windows 7 Freezes/Crashes after Logging In since it can't load anything I don't want to restore it to factory settings or anything since all of my files will be lost I was foolish enough not to save it on the external hard drive I didn't think this would happen This has been really frustrating and I appreciate all of your responses Thanks

A:[help] Windows 7 Freezes/Crashes after Logging In

sounds like you have too many programs trying to load at the same time. And restoring it to factory settings wont necessairly make you lose all your files. try the following link and see if you can post a image of the errors that appear in the event viewer. To get to the event viewer click start and in the search box at the very bottom type event viewer. Once in the event viewer follow the instructions in the following link:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...pDk1yz5q63YPwA

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322472-help-windows-7-freezes-crashes-after-logging.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My Windows have started to freeze or crash every once in a while. Sometimes I get a blue screen, but more often the whole thing just freezes. I can't move the mouse, I can't type anything, nothing works, I need to power off the laptop.

Laptop: Dell E5430, 2x4GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 500GB HDD
I boot the Windows from SSD, earlier the 100 MB boot partition was on the HDD, but I had to move it to the SSD.

I have atteched the dumps, please check them from the beginning of December 2015.

thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389100-windows-freezes-crashes-randomly.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm running XP Pro on a 1.0 Gig computer with 512 meg RAM. Sometimes when I'm doing a search on My Computer or Windows Explorer, the program will suddenly freeze, & I'll have exit via the "not responding" dialogue. The computer screen clears, and when it reappears, some of the programs I was running in memory have disappeared ... eg, I'm running a registered version of "Say The Time", and that program disappears, and will only reappear if I log off & on again.

Anybody know whazzup?

A:Windows Explorer Freezes/Crashes

Hey RPT,

I noticed you were having an Outlook problem as well. Hmmmmm.....I think you may have caught something. Now mind you, I'm not an expert on Hijack This logs, but I think that might shed some light on this blackhole you seem to be in.

Please do this. Go here http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ and download Hijack This. Un Zip it and click on the Hijachthis.exe.
Click the "Scan" button when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.

Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply. Do NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless. Someone here will be glad to advise you on what to fix.

The log may very well reveal the source of the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-freezes-crashes.161592/
Relevancy 53.32%

I've posted about this issue several times and still have not found a solution unfortunately I have Windows Ultimate -bit installed on my machine and I experience freezing and BSOD errors very frequently The freezing occurs freezes all 7 Windows time! the crashes and way more often than the BSOD does by the way I would include Windows 7 freezes and crashes all the time! a mini dump file but there are no recent ones The freezing is what's driving me mad as it happens all the Windows 7 freezes and crashes all the time! time Just to rule out a few things here is a brief list of solutions I've tried Updated all my drivers first and foremost Changed my power options from Windows 7 freezes and crashes all the time! balanced to high performance as I've read that can help Installed ALL motherboard drivers chipsets etc and flashed my BIOS to the most current update as a person on this forum told me to do so I'm pretty sure I've tried a few more things but I can't remember at the moment If you mention something I've already done I'll point that out However the freezing still continues and so far nothing has even helped a little So if someone could please offer any other suggestions that would be very appreciated Also the freezing usually seems to occur during some kind of activity involving the internet such as watching a video playing a game browsing a web page It's pretty random actually sometimes it will just freeze at the desktop Recently it's been freezing when the computer has gone idle when the screen goes black after a while

A:Windows 7 freezes and crashes all the time!

Here are a couple sites that might help!

Windows 7 FAQ
Internet Explorer Freezes Or Crashes In Windows 7 or Vista

Also, here is one solution I found from a post that had the exact same problem you are having!

Solution:
I figured it out. Recently I upgraded my RAM. I had 2x corsair 1gb, then 2x Wintec 1gb....two different brands. It worked fine when I had XP, but it was then crashing Windows 7??! Weird, I know. I figured it out because I booted off the install disk, which made me crash and I thought "maybe it's not the OS"
So...I guess I need to buy new RAM, again, but this time the same brand? Windows 7 is now working, but I only have 2gb of RAM installed...hmph....how sad.
thanks!

I hope one of these can help you out!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/78135-windows-7-freezes-crashes-all-time.html
Relevancy 53.32%

OK so sit down for this one it'll be a 10 Freezes/Crashes while Windows Gaming bit to read I built my own computer around probably a year ago and I got Windows 10 Freezes/Crashes while Gaming the best stuff I personally could buy i Intel k CPU core ASrock Fatal ty z mobo Geforce TI graphics card GB of Ram Samsung GB SSD Seagate TB Harddrive Windows Pro Later Upgraded to Windows Pro Chassis fans for cooling You know gamer stuff I like playing video games on my computer Now I don't remember if this has always happened or not but certain games tend to freeze or my computer crashes I would love to give one Windows 10 Freezes/Crashes while Gaming specific reason but both occur so I have to use both SO to explain further during games such as lets say League of Legends or recently Blade and Soul the game will freeze and usually it'll buzz If that doesn't happen I get the windows Blue screen which I know isn't actually fatal because it keeps letting me do say my homework or watch videos or whatever for extended periods The blue screen comes up for a multitude of reasons usually something about Windows 10 Freezes/Crashes while Gaming the kernel It seems to ONLY happen when I play video games and I just wanna play in peace for one I've been going at this for some time I've looked everywhere I can I've done so many things to check to fix it I've actually lost track of what I've tried What i remember trying for a fact are these At first I thought since it only happened when I game maybe it's my graphics card but it's basically brand new and it happens at specific times so I uninstalled all the drivers and re-installed that didn't do anything Next I tried checking all the drives and I downloaded driversupport to go through and update whatever drivers I could that were outdated that still didn't work So now I've come to looking at my event viewer my windows log and my applications in there to see event errors and I see a few which brought me to this site I don't know what you guys need to help me but tell me and I'll get you the info Just checked the BSOD topic attached are my zip folders from that nbsp SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip nbsp nbsp MB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp PERFMON report zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606563/windows-10-freezescrashes-while-gaming/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, recently i do a clean install of Windows 7, and Windows Update install a few updates. But now Windows Update detect SP1 but when i try to download the PC freezes and all go super slow. Recently i can download SP1 but when Windows ls installing at 30% the pc crashes and now Windows cant start.. Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401609-many-freezes-crashes-windows-update.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Alpha Techheads I have just built my rig and I am having constant but irregularly timed Windows 7 crashes Freezes and in 64bit crashes and freezes I have attached the zip file with the info from the diagnostic tool Can you please assist I have also been having the dreaded ID Freezes and crashes in Windows 7 64bit errors I ran the script located on the Microsoft site but I just get the error attached in the errorpic file Doesn't seem to make any difference Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected I have run the Windows Memory tester and it detects no problems with my RAM I have installed all drivers for Freezes and crashes in Windows 7 64bit Windows and have even completed a repair install When I run a system health check no issues are detected Help please Cheers C

A:Freezes and crashes in Windows 7 64bit

Please post again.And welcome to the forums. Do you use SQL yourself?
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162495-freezes-crashes-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.32%

For first Hi guys ! I am new here

Here goes the problem.....

I played Rune Scape (a Online 3D Java MMORPG) an I was really addicted but now when have enough of it I have some problems..... The last weeks I played it it started to crash my GPU Drivers and they are now crashing from them self

It really sucks because I use my PC for High Def. video watching and Photoshop but the GPU Drivers Crash within a few minutes.... I was thinking about buying a new Video Card but I don't have the money

I use the newest nVIDIA Drivers and I reinstalled the OS a couple times but it doesn't affect on it, IT STILL CRASHES !

I think the problem is whit OpenGL Drivers but I'm not sure

Please help me guys !

A:Windows Crashes GPU Drivers

hm... try rolling back the drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/72612-windows-crashes-gpu-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all I dont windows windows [Help] close freezes, Recycle delete explorer crashes, bin have been having a problem for quite some time now I'm unsure when it started happening because it's been going on for such a long time now So here's whats been going on Every time i try to delete something [Help] Recycle bin freezes, windows explorer crashes, delete windows dont close it finishes deleting and the 'Deleting' Windows stays open and it tells me its calculating how much time is remaining and it says bytes left o to get rid of the window i have to restart windows explorer from the task manager Another problem i've been having is that when i rename a file i can't X out of the window that i renamed the file in and i have to restart windows explorer for it to work After i restart WE the folder file is renamed The last problem linked to this is that whenever i move copy a file it keeps the 'Moving' window open and i can't close it unless i restart windows explorer It's a real pain to deal with this and if anyone could help me out that would be great I have an HP desktop running Windows Vista x Bit If you need anymore info just let me know Thanks guys -Vinny

A:[Help] Recycle bin freezes, windows explorer crashes, delete windows dont close

Wecome Vinny,
I think that we may be able to solve your problem. Initially, a few reasons come to mind for your problem. Lets go step by step
Update and make a full anti virus scan
Download and make a full scan with Malwarebytes.
Run an SFC scan
System Files - SFC Command
Run 3 times if errors are found.
Finally, if nothing else is found, hit alt cntrl and delete at the same time on your keyboard, bring up task manager.
Go to process, click show process from all users. Then give us a screen shot.
Take a memory test
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297912-help-recycle-bin-freezes-windows-explorer-crashes-delete-windows-dont-close.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys, so I'll try my best to describe this:

Whenever I run Java, or any program requiring it, including the control panel settings, it starts up for a second and crashes. I recorded a video of it below:

https://gyazo.com/ca9d149a2c4d38b0f4b0c335dc67a661

I have tried multiple versions, from JRE8 TO JRE7, installing only 32bit/64 and 32/ only 64bit versions, wiping every java-related file using JavaRA and reinstalling etc...

I get no crash logs in the java folders. I am getting pretty damn desperate and am considering wiping my system and having to back up everything, which will probably consume my weekend. Anyone have any clue as to what I can try?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/jre-crashes-within-seconds-of-running-all-versions-no-crash-reports-1066626.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Folks,
I have this weird problem,
I can be using my PC for 30 mins to an hour (varies all the time, so i dont think its time problem) but my cursor seems to disappear then windows freezes, no BSOD nothing, just cant do anything and doesnt respond to any clicks / keyboard input, my only option is to hard reset!

Any idea why this would be happening?

A:Mouse disapears then windows crashes/freezes

Usually that kind of thing is a hardware issue. I had a couple of after market network cards do that in a couple of different machines. When I booted cold everything was perfect for 20 to 45 minutes. Then hard lock just as you described. I swapped the network card for a different model(more expensive) and the problem disappeared.

Have you changed any hardware recently? Purchased a new wired mouse or keyboard? Any PCI cards?
Usually what a technician will do is open up the box and spray different components with compressed air to see if it starts working when the heat is dissipated. Trouble is the lockup is so sudden I doubt the system will write to any log files etc..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71505-mouse-disapears-then-windows-crashes-freezes.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently bought a new laptop (HP ProBook 450 G1) and replaced the hard drive with a 250gb Samsung 840 EVO. I have been having a ton of trouble getting to work properly. First, I couldn't get Windows to install, so eventually I made a backup with Paragon Backup and Restore and imaged the original drive to the new one. The system is really unstable. It will (seemingly) randomly freeze to the point where I can move the mouse but can't click on anything or I can't even move the mouse. It also randomly restarts. I have installed all (I think) of the latest drivers from HP's website. I still think the issue might be driver related, but I'm not sure. Logs attached.

A:Random crashes and freezes after installing windows to SSD

Hi There,

Avast is what is causing them,

Code:
Unable to load image aswMonFlt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys
Probably caused by : aswMonFlt.sys ( aswMonFlt+2475 )
For the time being, uninstall your Anti-Virus,

AV Uninstallers

And Install Microsoft Security Essentials which we know doesn't cause BSOD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334225-random-crashes-freezes-after-installing-windows-ssd.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently built a high end gaming computer my first time building one Its specs are as follows CPU Intel Core i K Ghz Quad Core GPU GB ASUS Nvidea Geforce GTX RAM GB Kingston Beast DDR - Memory PSU Corsair RM W SSD Kingston Hyper X k SSD GB HDD WD blue TB HDD Motherboard Asus SABERTOOTH Z MARK Case Cooler Master HAF X OS Windows I have tried many of the of the main solutions offered my googling freeze to no success I ran scannow as one of my later attempts and Windows PC New Hangs, on Crashes 8.1 Freezes, Frequent found corrupt files I then checked the logs and googled the Frequent Hangs, Freezes, Crashes on New PC Windows 8.1 corrupt file and how to fix it I ran the restorehealth and sucessfully fix the problem which i confirmed with a scannow But the freezes did not stop or change in anyway I opened up the pc and checked and tightened all the connections to no success as well I noticed that my skype often disconnects with the error message about an i o error Then i start to think perhaps that my SSD which windows is installed on is the issue All drivers were up to date as was the bios I exchanged the SSD for a new one to have the issues reoccur on a clean installation of windows I have also tried changing the sata cables to no sucess Im not sure what the problem is or how to sort it

A:Frequent Hangs, Freezes, Crashes on New PC Windows 8.1

Have you run Windows built in memory diagnostics? or else you can try running only RAM module at a time.

Also any chance it is overheating? Maybe the cpu heat sink grease is not applied correctly. maybe try an application that monitors various temperatures in the system.

Always the chance it could be the motherboard too.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61375-frequent-hangs-freezes-crashes-new-pc-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Ive tried to include all details I can I'm not very tech savvy so you will have to bear with me My pc has pretty much crashed frequently from the day I got it Sometimes its when watching videos sometimes when doing freezes/crashes/BSOD's 7 regular Windows not a lot and other times when ive been away from the pc for a while In event viewer its showing critical errors in the last days All of them kernel errors The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly I am attaching Windows 7 regular freezes/crashes/BSOD's the details asked for in the BSOD posting instructions post in my next post Cheers PC Dell Vostro OS - Windows x Original OS - Windows OEM Age of system couple of months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS yes about a month ago CPU Intel Core i - GHz MB Video Card came with Graphics MB ATI RadeonTM HD DVI VGA HDMI but I removed and installed a MATROX QID-E LPAF MB QUAD PCIe KX Cable

A:Windows 7 regular freezes/crashes/BSOD's

here are the zipped files:

Thanks in anticipation. This has been going on for months and im on the verge of walling my pc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-regular-freezes-crashes-bsods-482986.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello!

My Windows 8.1 laptop freezes / hangs all the time, and I don't know why. It has 4gb of RAM and the hard drive is around 3/4 empty.

I tried running DDS and got this error:
DDS is not meant to run in 'Compatibility Mode'.
The program shall now exit.

Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 8.1 laptop freezes and crashes often - can't figure out why

Hi,

DDS wont run on Windows 8, run these other scanner instead

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
Click the Scan button to start scan.
If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.

I just want to see the report....Please Do Not Fix Anything

============================================================================

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
A simple way to check your system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties

Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Please make sure All Users is checked
Do not check 
*List BCD
*Drivers MD5
*Shortcut txt
Press Scan button.
It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
Please copy and paste log back here.
The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550462/windows-81-laptop-freezes-and-crashes-often-cant-figure-out-why/
Relevancy 52.89%

Please help! I don't understand why my new laptop is crashing so often. Four crashes today alone..

A:Windows crashes and freezes no blue screen

Hi,
You have memory corruption issue, it can be caused by bad RAM or 3rd party driver.
And I see you have old drivers that may cause the problem, so you must update it ASAP.

Code:
ghaio.sys Mon May 30 02:34:05 2005 --> ASUS NB Probe program
sncduvc.SYS Mon Dec 29 01:14:26 2008 --> Suyin USB 2.0 Webcam driver
Then if the problem persist, test your RAM with memtest86 for at least 7 passes(better do it overnight).
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Log:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc4000dbc8, ffffffffc000000e, 13d82d860, fffff88001b79b14}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032bc220
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/127258-windows-crashes-freezes-no-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys I need your help I think reports. error and BSOD, without freezes System sometimes the problems started th of January this year System freezes and BSOD, sometimes without error reports. with a BSOD on my computer while i was browsing the web Since then I have a feeling the problem has increased with more frequent freezes where I'm unable to move the cursor and I'm forced to restart by turning off the computer BSOD where the computer automatically restarts usually with an error report to read The screen goes black but the computer is apparently still running with the fan going and everything This is the last error report I got after a BSOD today Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF B F BCP FFFFF F BCP FFFFF F F OS Version Service Pack Product Typing in some of the error reports on google gave me a certain idea of what it could be so I tried uninstalling AVG and first uninstalling then reinstalling the ATI display drivers but to no avail During my first reinstallation attempt of the ATI display driver my computer crashed which caused the system upon startup to do a ''check disk'' I haven't done a ramtest yet Originally this is a HP computer but I have upgraded the motherboard CPU graphics and PSU Further info Antivirus AVG now uninstalled but I think I had the version known for causing crashes and system unstability for quite a while Operating system Windows Ultimate CPU AMD Phenom II x Black Edition Motherboard ASUS M A -M Ram generic DDR GB Graphics XFX Radeon HD GB GDDR Harddisk HP submanufacturer rpm SATA PSU Corsair VX W PSU Case Typical OEM size I guess with a couple of fans I would be really grateful if someone took the time to help me I've allready spent several nights googling and trying to solve the problem Below I've embedded the files recommended in the BSOD sticky

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all,

I have been having a lot of computer freezes, where the computer will just lock up without a BSOD a good 10 times in the last week or so and I haven't been able to find the culprit of this.
I have tried to do a chkdsk on all my drives, CPU and RAM tests, but they all come clean. I do think it is one of my HDD's, since I see a lot of "device\harddisk0\dr0 has a bad block" in the event log, but I haven't been able to find out which HDD this is.
Could anyone please have a look at the logs and perhaps hint to a solution?
Thanks in advance...

A:Random computer freezes and BSOD reports

Welcome

What antivirus are you using? I see none.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259101-random-computer-freezes-bsod-reports.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello every time my computer restarts a explorer exe crashes the fault module is msvcr dll I've tried various things suggested on other websites crashes msvcr80.dll explorer.exe fault: like as running quot sfc scannnow quot in the command prompt explorer.exe crashes fault: msvcr80.dll doing a system restore and booting in safe mode In safe mode everything is OK I ran Malwarebytes and turned out nothing I disabled the startup processes and it still crashes It seems to have started after I created an mcv file from m The exact error is this Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp aeba Fault Module Name MSVCR dll Fault Module Timestamp a ff Exception Code c Exception Offset fe OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Any help will be greatly appreciated EDIT I noticed that when I quot Restart the program quot in the error message and have the Task Manager opened dllhost exe appears then disappears I know msvcr dll and dllhos exe are part of the dynamic library Even though I disabled the start ups a SolidWorks programs still runs sldShellExtServer exe When I end process and quot Restart the program quot it reappears

A:explorer.exe crashes fault: msvcr80.dll

Sorry, the third paragraph should say:

It seems to have started after I created an .mkv file from "mkvmerge." I uninstalled same problem, Reinstall same problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/explorer-exe-crashes-fault-msvcr80-dll-527011.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My PC is just under years old It's a Dell Inspiron in which I upgraded the PSU Corsair W and the graphics card running Critical Event crashes: Periodic (63) 41 Windows Home Premiun Until earlier this year I had no problems with it at all I started getting crashes early mid Feb I recently last week replaced all the RAM upgrading from GB to GB Corsair I reformatted and reinstalled Windows completely Including removing all the Dell partitions was originally setup by them Up until Periodic crashes: Critical Event 41 (63) the end of Feb I had Sophos running on my machine but currently need to reinstall virus checker I try to keep everything updated Periodic crashes: Critical Event 41 (63) I updated the BIOS and graphics drivers I cleaned my fans I've run various diagnostics etc but I keep getting these crashes It seems to happen particularly often when I'm playing Star Wars the Old Republic but not exclusively I think I've included all the files for analysis but please let me know if I've made a mistake somewhere Edit I think I made a mistake with the files so added a new post with further dump files

A:Periodic crashes: Critical Event 41 (63)

Are you running a retail version of windows?

INFO

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218267-periodic-crashes-critical-event-41-63-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I build my computer about a week ago and it has crashed 15 times in the last week.
the Event Viewer says all the crashes are:
source: Kernel-Power
log: system
event ID: 41
task category: (63)

the bug check codes are all different.

my specs are:
Windows 7
SAPPHIRE 100293L Radeon HD 5570 1GB 128-bit DDR3
Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3RPR1600C8LV4GK

how do i stop it form crashing?

A:critical kernel power crashes

Quote: Originally Posted by webbchr

I build my computer about a week ago and it has crashed 15 times in the last week.
the Event Viewer says all the crashes are:
source: Kernel-Power
log: system
event ID: 41
task category: (63)

the bug check codes are all different.

my specs are:
Windows 7
SAPPHIRE 100293L Radeon HD 5570 1GB 128-bit DDR3
Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3RPR1600C8LV4GK

how do i stop it form crashing?

Webbchr hi and welcome

We need the actual DMP files. Event ID 41 is a power state problem (usually a driver taking too long) but we cant tell which one without the files.
If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

Let us know if you need any further assistance

Jan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100954-critical-kernel-power-crashes.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When I attempt to move data (eg. a avi movie less than 1 GB) from my c: drive to my WD Elements USB External hard drive, Windows freezes. It will start to move the file and then freeze being finishing the task. Windows explorer doesn't respond and if I try to close that program in Task Manager and reboot, the computer freezes and will not reboot. I have to push the button on the front of the case to get it to restart.

I have installed the new firmware for the Intel chipset (I've already looked into the Nvidia patch) and I'm running Microsoft Security Essentials as my anti-virus.

The external hard drive is a Western Digital Elements 2 TB and is formatted in NTFS.

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Freezes/Crashes when moving data to external HD

...no one has any help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/188430-windows-freezes-crashes-when-moving-data-external-hd.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have windows 7 professional 64 bit and it won't shut down by itself. It will only freeze at the shut down screen or restart.

This is a new computer and for reference, I have uploaded the MSINFO file. Please help! Thanks so much!

A:Windows 7 - Crashes when shutting down (freezes and blue screens)

As a follow-up, it runs perfectly normally, this just happens when I shut if down. Could it be one of the drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239236-windows-7-crashes-when-shutting-down-freezes-blue-screens.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When I go to IE and paste a URL IE freezes crashes, freezes windows programs wont uninstall, IE and wont close I cant uninstall my HP printer because it IE crashes, programs wont uninstall, windows freezes says that hpzcr exe has encountered an error and needs IE crashes, programs wont uninstall, windows freezes to close Then it wants to send an error report Windows will freeze up and crash when i click on IE or Firefox It takes forever to start up and takes forever to load a program when i click an icon It seems that all my RAM is being sucked up I have GB of RAM on XP Over all the CPU is running funny Dont know what it is if anything Thought i would post and get an opinion or if there is something wrong a way to fix it ThanksLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC WINDOWS system LVComS exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Linksys WUSB GSC WLService exeC Program Files Linksys WUSB GSC WUSB GSC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system drwtsn exeC WINDOWS system drwtsn exeC WINDOWS system drwtsn exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dllO - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run CTStartup C Program Files Creative Splash Screen CTEaxSpl EXE runO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run hpqSRMon C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exeO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program ... Read more

A:IE crashes, programs wont uninstall, windows freezes

Hi BBurdonWelcome to Bleeping Computer.I'm maranatha and I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up. I am a student here at BC so all my posts will be checked by one of our experts, so there may be a slight delay between posts.Please do this.Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your desktop.Double click RSIT.exe to start the tool.At the disclaimer, please use the drop down box to select 3 months for the file/folder search, then click Continue.If prompted by your firewall to allow RSIT to access the internet, please allow it. It will be updating yourr version of HijackThis.When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.Please post the contents of those logs here in your next reply.Thanksmaranatha

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175290/ie-crashes-programs-wont-uninstall-windows-freezes/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I've run the dds files and below are the attach txt and dds txt files to see why I'm having this issue I've been discussing this and another issue - now fixed in this forum They suggested I contact you about the chrome crashing still after running through the suggestions they gave http www bleepingcomputer com forums t audio-ads-on-every-web-page-upload-chrome-crashes view getnewpost Thanks so much This is attach txt UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date AM System Uptime PM hours ago Motherboard Dell Inc JX Processor Intel reg Core Duo CPU T GHz Microprocessor mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free E is CDROM F is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free Disabled Device Manager Items Class GUID bdd fc - f- d -bec - be f Description Serial Cable using IrDA Protocol Device ID ROOT UNKNOWN Manufacturer Standard Infrared Port Name Serial Cable using IrDA on upload Chrome crashes/freezes - Vista Windows Protocol PNP Device ID ROOT UNKNOWN Service irsir System Restore Points Installed Programs Update for Microsoft Office KB Bit HP CIO Components Installer -Zip Access Drivers Adobe AIR Adobe Community Help Adobe Download Manager Remove Only Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Media Player Adobe Reader X Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Adolix Split and Merge PDF v Advanced Audio FX Engine Advanced Video FX Engine Akamai NetSession Interface Akamai NetSession Interface Service America Online Choose which version to remove AOL Coach Version Build Apple Application Support Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update AutoUpdate AVG Banctec Service Agreement Bonjour Broadcom Management Programs Browser Address Error Redirector BTOffer BufferChm Business Contact Manager for Outlook SP Camera Driver CCleaner CDDRV Installer Citrix Online Launcher Conexant HDA D MDC V Modem Copy CustomerResearchQFolder Deal Info Dell DataSafe Online Dell Digital Jukebox Driver Dell Driver Reset Tool Dell Networking Guide Dell Solution Center Dell Support Center Dell System Customization Wizard Dell System Restore Chrome crashes/freezes on upload - Windows Vista Dell Touchpad Dell Webcam Center Dell Webcam Manager Dell Wireless WLAN Card DellSupport deskPDF Standard Edition deskUNPDF Destination Component DeviceDiscovery DeviceManagementQFolder Digital Camera Driver Digital Line Detect DivX Content Uploader DJ AIO F ProductContext DJ AIO F Software DJ AIO F Software Min Docudesk GPL Ghostscript EarthLink Accelerator EarthLink FastLane EarthLink MailBox EarthLink Setup Files EarthLink Software EarthLink Toolbar EarthLink Wireless High Speed EPSON Scan EPSON Stylus SX TX Manual EPSON SX Series Printer Uninstall eSupportQFolder F F Help Feedback Tool FriendBackup Games Music amp Photos Launcher Google Calendar Sync Google Chrome Google Drive Google Talk Plugin Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer Google Update Helper Google Updater GoToAssist Corporate GoToMeeting GPBaseService GPBaseService Help and Support Customization HitmanPro Hotfix for MDAC KB Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB HP Customer Participation Program hp deskjet series HP Deskjet F All-In-One Driver Software Rel HP Imaging Device Functions HP Photosmart Essential hp print screen utility HP Smart Web Printing HP Solution Center HP Update HPProductAssistant HPSSupply HyperCam Infuzer Intel reg EP V x DF PCI Modem Intel reg PROSet for Wired Connections Internet Explorer Default Page InterVideo MediaOne Gallery iTunes Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album Jasc Paint Shop Pro Dell Edition Java Update Java Auto Updater Jing KhalInstallWrapper Lagarith lossless video codec Remove Only Laptop Integrated Webcam Driver Learn Player Uninstall Only Licensing Resources Live Cam Avatar Creator Live Cam Avatar v LiveUpdate Notice Symantec Corporati... Read more

A:Chrome crashes/freezes on upload - Windows Vista

Hello Imberpr I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Scan.After the scan is complete click on "Clean"Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527156/chrome-crashesfreezes-on-upload-windows-vista/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I have problems with several computers in my company that runs Windows Vista Enterprise both with and without SP The problem is that when a computer is generating a lot of traffic on the Network it's Windows freezes/crashes heavly Vista used on when network card it suddenly stops function The only way to restore network connection is to restart the computer When the problem occur you will only manage to ping localhost and your own IP addresses If you ping another server or computer you get quot destination host unreachable quot and quot request timed out quot in random order Computers are mainly Dell D and D and the problem occur both on wireless and wired network cards The way I have managed to provoke the error is by Network freezes/crashes when it's heavly used on Windows Vista copying three Gb files from another computer server and have installed Citrix Secure Access Client for Vista Therefor i thought i might be the Citrix client that is the source of the problem but the problem still exist without the Citrix client but it dosen't happen that often I tried to disable the multicore option in BIOS so the laptop only uses one core This seemed to help but this could be because it doesn't push the network card hard enough When copying this three files the resource Overview in Vista says it transfers with - Mbps with multicore enabled When copying this three files the resource Overview in Vista says it transfers with - Mbps with multicore disabled Following steps have also been tried without luck Antivirus has been uninstalled Windows firewall has been deactivated Disabled autotuninglevel Unchecked IPV on networkcards Installed newest networkdrivers from Dell Clean install of Vista Enterprise with SP Cheers Jacob

A:Network freezes/crashes when it's heavly used on Windows Vista

Hi vennervald,
Dell's website does not necessarily have the very latest network card drivers. Might want to check the vendors website for an updated driver.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/172027-network-freezes-crashes-when-its-heavly-used-windows-vista.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I have a PC running Windows XP Professional SP A week ago it started freezing up about once a day at irregular times not related to what program was running The mouse and keyboard did not work I shut down and restarted Once or twice it wouldn't boot up but usually it would Today it froze and took me to the blue screen of death I have checked the data and power cables to and from the hard drive from which it boots I unseated and reseated them The intermittent freezing crashing problem has continued months ago I had freezing up along with screen flicker I replaced the cheap existing power supply with a medium high-end Corsair CX and that solved the problem This time I'm not getting screen flicker before or during the Windows blue to freezes screen or XP crashes machine crashes and most crashes take the form of the screen keyboard mouse freezing up so it doesn't follow the same pattern as the problems I had months ago What could be causing the current problems What can I test for Speccy report after my signature Thanks for ideas Roger Operating System Windows XP Professional -bit SP CPU Intel Core Duo E GHz C Wolfdale nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P QL-EM LGA C Graphics E LCD x Hz E LCD x Hz Intel G G Windows XP machine freezes or crashes to blue screen Express Chipset ASUStek Computer Inc Intel G G Express Chipset ASUStek Computer Inc Storage GB Western Digital WDC WD AALS- E A SATA C GB Seagate ST AS SATA C Optical Drives ATAPI iHAS ATAPI iHAS Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606799/windows-xp-machine-freezes-or-crashes-to-blue-screen/
Relevancy 52.03%

WMP9 freezes my PC requiring a manual restart.

This started to happen after I previewed a song in kazaa using the Theater.
When I selected preview it actually opened WMP9 up seperatley which I thought was unusual, usually it just plays in kazaa's Theater.

Anyway it crashed and froze everything, then I get this error saying True Vector Firewall (ZoneAlarm) service has stopped.

Great, I thought must be a trojan so I run McAfee and ad-aware and nothing found. I reinstalled WMP9 and same thing is happeneing.

A:Windows Media Player 9 Crashes and Freezes my Computer

Ive had Media Player problems twice in the last month, both times were viruses which AVG didn't detect. Try an online scan like Panda, that found it for me but couldn't clean it. Had to remove a file manually before reinstalling Player...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-9-crashes-and-freezes-my-computer.243835/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi for the past month I have been having the problem of my quot Windows Explorer quot crashing Browser Freezes Explorer Crashes and Solved: Windows after getting messages the Solved: Windows Explorer Crashes and Browser Freezes quot Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close quot THis usually happenes when I open quot My Documents quot or one of it s several sub folders which contain a lot of video files The other symptom my Dell Desktop is having is my Explorer browser will freeze up sometimes while on a Facebook app and playing online poker The only way to clear the freeze is to hold the power button in for seconds and reboot the computer Any suggestions Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Verizon IHA MessageCenter Bin Verizon IHAMessageCenter exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX spkrmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www foxnews com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY quot C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C program files real realplayer update realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en CE F CA dll cmsidewiki html O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - DPF F DE - EB - D -B -A B CD A GameTap Player - http archives gametap com static cab headless GameTapWebPlayer cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com mic ls en x client muweb site cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - ... Read more

Relevancy 52.03%

TL DR I have recently been facing random freezes on my computer It is not OS related as it may freeze before POST or BIOS I concluded that problem was either overheating or PSU previously tested RAM with memtest and WMD Installed SpeedFan but it did not help so I uninstalled After uninstalling it did not reset my fan speeds and my computer was extremely quiet I decided to reset BIOS to default settings and it reset my fan speeds but now Windows is stuck on startup logo Automatic Repair does not function however safe mode does Using safe mode I used sfc scannow and it fixed a couple of problems However using chkdsk C f r stops at and computer freezes/crashes at Windows (startup) Logo 10 Windows seems to freeze Specifications are in the st paragraph of the post Hello BleepingComputer members My computer is custom-built from a local retailer It features Windows 10 freezes/crashes at Windows Logo (startup) an Intel i Processor with a CPU fan model number unknown as the computer will not boot and an ASUS motherboard There are x GB memory sticks on the computer a total of GB It is currently running Windows Pro -bit For half a month I have been facing unpredictable freezes on my computer I determined that the problem was not OS related as the computer may freeze before POST or the BIOS logo I can still consistently hear the PSU but the fans completely turn off and the computer becomes extremely quiet I performed a memory diagnostic test WMD memtest memtest to ensure that my RAM was not faulty I then researched and concluded on that my computer either had a bad PSU or was overheating To further crack down the problem I installed SpeedFan on my computer to address overheating My temperatures Windows 10 freezes/crashes at Windows Logo (startup) were safe and I did not find any problems CPU System stayed around C I adjusted the fan speed to a low speed to observe if it would crash but it did not However after using low-intensive programs such as Skype or Google Chrome with tabs my computer crashed again I decided to uninstall SpeedFan and install HWMonitor instead However uninstalling SpeedFan did not reset my fan speed I decided to check the BIOS configuration settings where I found that that my fan speeds were set to CUSTOM I reset the BIOS to default settings and restarted the computer Suddenly the computer crashed at the Windows logo and would not boot into the OS The computer continuously restarted until I was met with the Diagnosing PC text The computer failed to diagnose my computer and I left with a Troubleshooting Problems menu I first decided to restore from a system restore point however this did not resolve the problem Next I used Start-up Settings to boot into Safe Mode with Networking This successfully booted me into Windows and my computer was able to function However booting normally still crashed the computer I decided to perform sfc scannow and chkdsk C f r in safe mode Command Prompt with administrator privileges sfc scannow fixed a few Windows files but did not resolve the issue Currently chkdsk is still scanning the drive It appears to be stuck at Scanning and repairing drive copy complete and the computer is fairly quiet I do not know if it is still scanning or if the computer has froze again Right now I do not know what the problem is chkdsk has been running for around hours and is still frozen Should I cancel the scan force restart and perform sfc scannow multiple times to ensure that sfc did not skip any problems Or should I keep chkdsk on for a couple more hours Any help will be sincerely appreciated Thank you Mosaic Mars

A:Windows 10 freezes/crashes at Windows Logo (startup)

Bump.
Does anyone have suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586619/windows-10-freezescrashes-at-windows-logo-startup/
Relevancy 52.03%

Model HP dv laptop CPU AMD Turion ML- Motherboard HP A Ram MB total on sticks MHz GPU ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress Series PSU HP AC Adaptor PPP H hope this is what you want OS Win freezes conflicts Computer regularly. often reports BIOS XP SP The computer freezes regularly I haven t noticed any pattern Also on booting the BIOS often but not always Computer freezes regularly. BIOS often reports conflicts reports these resource conflicts PCI Serial Bus Controller slot B D F Mass Storage Controller slot B D F PCI Mass Storage Controller slot B D F PCI Network Controller slot Computer freezes regularly. BIOS often reports conflicts B D F It also reports that the CPU is on B D F I don t understand these conflict reports Until recently when these conflicts showed up the device manager said that the WLAN and Ethernet adapters and IEEE Bus controller failed to start Now however I just get the BIOS message while the device manager reports everything s OK My WLAN connection is intermittant even though the signal is strong and is in the same room as the router All installed hardware is original except for the hard disk I had to replace the disk last year After installing the OS from the original install disks but before I could update from SP to SP I got a virus in netbt sys My anti-malware software could not isolate the problem so I overwrote the file from the OS install disk When I upgraded to SP I mistakenly let MS update my drivers All sorts of problems ensued I rolled them back and tried to update them individually but I had trouble finding them on the manufacturers websites I tried using the update driver functions in the device manager but most said I had the latest driver available Until a couple of weeks ago I was seeing a lot of errors in the event viewer like quot Your computer was not assigned an address from the network by the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address A A DA The following error occurred The operation was canceled by the user Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server quot and quot Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network from the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address A A DA The following error occurred The operation was canceled by the user Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server quot But the event viewer has not reported any problems in the last two weeks After reading the troubleshooting guide here I tried to update the graphics driver even though this is one of the drivers that the device manager reports is up to date I downloaded it from CNET When I tried to run the install I was told the file is corrupted Downloaded again got the same message There are a bunch of other sites that say they have it but I don t which to trust The ATI AMD site doesn t seem to support this device any more Or maybe I just can t figure out where to look Also two weeks ago I had to take the unit apart to repair the internal power cord The one good thing I can say about HP support is that they publish good step-by-step procedures for getting into the internals While there I cleaned out what little schmutz had accumulated but it was all pretty clean The freezes and conflicts started well before the power cord problem Thanks for any ideas nbsp

A:Computer freezes regularly. BIOS often reports conflicts

Okay, a lot of info here... Laptops are a lot different than desktops when it comes to freezing and BSOD's. You are sill using XP, so the laptop is a bit old now, right? Did you revert to XP from Vista or Windows 7? This would explain the driver difficulties... Are there any yellow exclamation points in the Device Manager? If so, a clean install of XP might be warranted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-regularly-bios-often-reports-conflicts.178814/
Relevancy 51.6%

I built a computer at first it was awesome but I noticed the crashes were quite regular this week alone have tried to sort it out but nothing's worked so figure need help (63)' crashes. critical out, 'Kernal-Power Can't :( 41 it far It usually crashes during films but has also done so once while using itunes and chrome It has not yet crashed once whilst playing games though CivilisationV using DX the crash will blank out the screen and the audio will be stuck on a second loop of what ever was playing when it crashed Event log details System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - 'Kernal-Power 41 (63)' critical crashes. Can't figure it out, need help :( Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Eric - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp so far I've tried un re installing audio video drivers and the media players replaced the graphics card switched audio drivers so only one works at a time the only one that works is not stopping the crashing updated the SSD firmware changed the SATA ports from IDE to AHCI Parts List Windows pro x Intel i Quad core K MHz processor not over clocked Gigabyte H DS H motherboard x Gb corsair vengeance MHz DDR RAM Western digital TB HDD media and film files kept here Kingston GB SSD OS and programme game files kept here Sapphire radeon HD GPU Trendnet Wireless-N PCI adapter currently disabled Cooler master vortex plus CPU cooler Pioneer blueray disk drive Cooler master silent pro watt PSU Any help would be greatly appreciated it's so so so frustrating

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/kernal-power-41-63-critical-crashes-cant-figure-it-out-need-help-663449.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Trend Micro has warned its users of a "critical" flaw in a wide range of its software products that could cause computers to crash.Most users should be fine, according to Mike Sweeny, a spokesman for Trend Micro, an antivirus and security software company with global headquarters in Tokyo. A fix for the flaw was included in automatic updates and the software is set to call in for an update at least once a day. Sweeny says users cannot set the updates for any longer period of time than once a day. http://www.informationweek.com/security/sh...cleID=197004643

A:'critical' Trend Micro Flaw Could Cause Crashes

Grinler already posted about this:Highly-critical Flaw Discovered In Trend Micro Products

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80858/critical-trend-micro-flaw-could-cause-crashes/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello thanks for looking My pc just randomly crashes not always when watching full screen graphics but usually or when sreaming from youtube or the like I reports screen full crashes error Corrupted Solved: viewing. during and have scanned but when using spybot it struggles to get to the end before crashing sometimes it will sometimes it wont I had Zone labs installed but would not scan at all I repeatedly showed error messages so had to abort scans my setup as follows xp bit gigabyte mother board Amd processor MB fx le nvidia I am not that advanced so apologise if I have missed anything here is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Solved: Corrupted error reports and crashes during full screen viewing. C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE Solved: Corrupted error reports and crashes during full screen viewing. R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www virginmedia com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC AddToList html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC HSPrint html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Preview - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Preview html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Print html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-corrupted-error-reports-and-crashes-during-full-screen-viewing.729116/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, my PC keeps freezing randomly, can be while gaming, online or even when it is just sitting idle on the desktop. Iv'e reinstalled windows twice and updated all my drivers but it still keeps on happening.

My Specs are:
Intel Core i5 4430 - no overclock
1 x 4gb DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
Nvidia Geforce GTX 770
Cooler Master RS-500-PCAP-I3

When the crash happens there is no blue screen and the screen just freezes. If there is any sound playing it just goes into a buzzing sound and stays like this until I reboot, after this the PC starts like normal. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610971/windows-10-random-crashes-no-bsod-screensound-freezes/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently migrated my Windows Mail profile messages and identity to a new system and all but one aspect is working correctly Email server setup I have my own domain and use emails handles tailored to the site I'm using to keep track of where the emails Windows email freezes Mail on crashes addresses. and all' 'catch are coming from i e site mydomain com site mydomain com etc Windows Mail freezes and crashes on 'catch all' email addresses. and the web server then forwards all of those emails to my main account email mydomain com Problem Since the migration Windows Mail will download all the messages without any problems but crashes each and every time I try to Windows Mail freezes and crashes on 'catch all' email addresses. forward or reply to an email sent to one of those made up email handles The only emails it will allow me to reply to or forward are those sent to the installed account email mydomain com I assume this has to be due to Windows Mail being confused on the reply to account but I'm not sure where or how I would fix this Any suggestions

A:Windows Mail freezes and crashes on 'catch all' email addresses.

Still looking for a permanent solution, but, found a temporary fix....

To reply to or forward those messages, I have export the message, delete the email, and them import it back into Windows Mail.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/301088-windows-mail-freezes-crashes-catch-all-email-addresses.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Windows 7, 64 bit laptop. I have recently wiped everything clean and did a system recovery twice, but the problem is still there. Im not sure what is going on. Someone please help me!

A:Windows explorer manager constantly freezes and laptop crashes

Can you please provide more information?  What version of W7? What processor?  How much RAM?  After system recovery, did you add any programs?  Could you describe in detail what the problem is (when it usually happens, what the symptoms are, etc.)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535766/windows-explorer-manager-constantly-freezes-and-laptop-crashes/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Thanks in advance for your attention and help I m running Windows XP SP on my Lenovo T with Norton AV and Spybot SD for active virus malware protection For the last few days my system has been horribly unstable - with crashes, Freezes, Screen Death Windows Blue Frequent of XP IE IE crashing frequently was happening with IE and continues to happen Frequent IE crashes, Windows XP Freezes, Blue Screen of Death with IE or the machine freezing up completely I have to end up doing a power down Here s a brief history of what s been going on Started with IE acting up strangely after Frequent IE crashes, Windows XP Freezes, Blue Screen of Death a particular browsing session I was suspicious therefore downloaded and ran Malwarebytes which found infections that it tried to remove and clean If required I may have a log from this original scan that I can put up The machine became extremely Frequent IE crashes, Windows XP Freezes, Blue Screen of Death unstable in normal mode and I resorted to just running things in safe mode hoping it would be better Ran MAB again and it found infections - presumably leftover from the previous scan that it was unable to remove The constant was a quot backdoor bot quot After a few scans and re-starts it seems to have been able to remove the offenders - I see no infections now through a full scan of MAB and MSRT on either normal or safe modes However other things that were previously working have started to come apart On booting up I would get an application error could not write to memory location for AcSvc exe Reading up on a few forums I gathered I needed to update IBM s Access Connection Service and went ahead and did so from IBM s website With the latest version installed I no longer get this error message but am concerned about how why this started happening in the first place In conjunction with the above message my wireless adapter connection started acting strangely At first it began with IE not recognizing that I was connected to the Internet when on wireless I use Lotus Notes as my mail client and it had no problem sending receiving email but IE would not detect I was connected to the internet even though I was Since then it progressed to IE simply freezing up anytime I tried accessing a web-page while connected to the wireless A wired connection worked fine I updated my Intel wireless pro drivers again from the IBM Lenovo website and it seemed to solve the problem initially - at least I was able to use the wireless connection and IE recognized that I was connected to the internet This lasted about minutes though and I seem to be back to square one with IE crashing if I try accessing over wireless The other thing I can relay is that my wireless LED is constantly ON - doesn t blink or anything its just on Not sure if this should be the case or not Even on a wired connection about minutes of use of IE causes either IE to crash or the system to freeze I ve seen the blue screen of death a few times and all errors seem to be related to quot unable to write to memory location quot type of errors If instructed on how to do so I could post back with information from such a crash when it happens next I m at wits end and am looking forward to your help in resolving these issues Even though MAB gives me a clean chit I m not sure if the machine is clean Or trying to clean it has broken something in the OS Thanks

A:Frequent IE crashes, Windows XP Freezes, Blue Screen of Death

I wonder if you CAN locate the report from the Malwarebytes program for review?

The log is ( should be!!) automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Please copy and paste the contents of that report for us to have a look see

I hope you have NOT got what is called a 'Back- door 'infection on there

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243006/frequent-ie-crashes-windows-xp-freezes-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have tried inserting and browsing files on SD cards using the SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD slot built into the front of my laptop. After about five minutes, Windows Explorer freezes, and the computer crashes. I have not lost any data yet, but I don't want that to start any time soon. Can you help me with this?

Additional info: When I browse the SD card through an intermediary USB device (i.e. Canon FS200), everything works as expected.

A:HP Pavilion dv3-1075us - SD Card Reader crashes or freezes Windows 7!

Please post this info: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/109474-hp-pavilion-dv3-1075us-sd-card-reader-crashes-freezes-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I got a rather irritating Virtumundo problem earlier and while i did manage to remove it or so the virtumunodbegone program claims my browsers are not working properly so i would like some help in fixing them if possible and gods know what other old stuff is on my computer as aside from some scans and such i haven't done any serious cleaning o O Here is my highjackthis logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Websites On Started When Internet Explorer Firefox Freezes & Some Freezes/crashes Programfiler Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Programfiler Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Programfiler D-Tools daemon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Programfiler Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Programfiler WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Programfiler SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Programfiler SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC Programfiler Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS Internet Explorer Freezes When Started & Firefox Freezes/crashes On Some Websites system nvsvc exeC Programfiler Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC Programfiler Fellesfiler Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS System UAService exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Programfiler MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Programfiler MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Programfiler Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn no R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www msn no R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Internet Explorer Freezes When Started & Firefox Freezes/crashes On Some Websites Default Search URL http search msn no R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak prosearching comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoblingerO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programfiler Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Programfiler SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Programfiler Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Programfiler Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO no name - A A B -F D - FA -B D- DF E CDE - C WINDOWS system vtutq dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Programfiler Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Programfiler Fellesfiler Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Programfiler MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c programfiler google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Programfiler Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programfiler MSN A... Read more

A:Internet Explorer Freezes When Started & Firefox Freezes/crashes On Some Websites

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer. One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan. You have a very severely infected system -- likely because of the lack of antivirus & firewall software.This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can clean this machine but I cannot guarantee it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139766/internet-explorer-freezes-when-started-firefox-freezescrashes-on-some-websites/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello there,

I have purchased a new PC, which I have built from scratch. Installing the Windows 7 OS went fine until install the 10.5 Catalist drivers for my XFXForce HD-5830 graphics card. Installing is fine, but after the required reboot, the system is starting Windows 7 and after 20 seconds the keyboard and mouse are freezed and I cannot do anything anymore with the system than hitting the reset button.

I have installed all the updates for the OS; also tried a lower version of the Catalist software, the effect remains the same.

System spec's :

Motherboard : Asus Rampage II
CPU : Core 7
Memory : 6 GB
4x Maxtor 320 GB
2x SSD Intel 80 GB
GPU : XFXForce HD-5830
Keyboard : Logitec DiNovo Wireless
Mouse : Logitec DiNovo Wireless

Any recommendations where I can look for ?

Regards and thanks in advance,

Coralfreak

A:Windows 7 freezes when installing HD-5830 drivers

Are you using Everest ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/90138-windows-7-freezes-when-installing-hd-5830-drivers.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I use Windows XP Since I have found out of this problem I can only send this and part 'Critical?' down. crashes, then shuts startup me. A Help certain computer my of do anything with my computer only in safe A certain 'Critical?' part of startup crashes, then my computer shuts down. Help me. mode All attempts in safe mode A certain 'Critical?' part of startup crashes, then my computer shuts down. Help me. to obtain SP have failed if that will solve the problem I have just found out about SP and have been trying to get it but the DL pages won t load for me The Problem in the best detail I hope I can give After Computer starts up when I can see my desktop and see my firewall and other various programs that usually start begin to open A DOS window with the title C DOCUMENT Alluse STARTM Programs Startup wntlgns exe comes up with just black inside followed immediatley by its shutdown window which reads Title bit MS-DOS Subsystem inside The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal obstruction CS dbd IP a OP f e Choose Close to terminate the application Choosing Ignore doesn t work so i have to choose Close I m thinking the following problem is related to this after that window gets Close d A second timer to shutdown window comes up It says C Windows system services exe terminated unexpectadly with status code The system will now shutdown and restart Please help me I have ran all my virus scanning software and spyware programs they found things and got rid of them but this problem still persists Like I ve said I m not in quot Normal quot mode long enough to get anything accomplished so I am currently running in quot Safe Mode with Networking quot Thank you in advance nbsp

A:A certain 'Critical?' part of startup crashes, then my computer shuts down. Help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-certain-critical-part-of-startup-crashes-then-my-computer-shuts-down-help-me.297726/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi After some windows updates my computer suddenly starts freezing and crashing I have run hardesk and memory diagnoses but it update freezes Windows and crashes after 7 windows has not found any error I have run scandesk and it does find few corrupt files but it Windows 7 freezes and crashes after windows update says it cannot fix them I have tried reinstalling restoring windows twice but this starts happening after a week or so again This only happens after windows update If I disable all services from msconfig then the system is stable but if I enable either of windows update or firewall the computer starts crashing I have tried running the microsoft troubleshooter but my laptop crashes in the mid of the troubleshoot I have tried scandesk and everything on microsoft support page but nothing seems to work I am out of ideas how to fix this I have tried running memory and hardesk tools but it did not find any error Should I check hard desk or rams or is there any other method I can try Please help Arif

A:Windows 7 freezes and crashes after windows update

Hello arifshah and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting guide that my help you. I'd suggest not skipping any steps.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351905-windows-7-freezes-crashes-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello As you can see by the title I am having several problems but I believe they are all caused by the same malware Platform Windows XP SP quot all quot updates F-Secure Internet Security Firefox as preferred browser The symptoms If I click on a google search result I am occasionally redirected away from the actual unaccessible, redirects, etc. crashes, Windows update explorer Cmd.exe Google freezes, website to some other website usually an ad and I must go Google redirects, Cmd.exe unaccessible, explorer crashes, Windows update freezes, etc. back Google redirects, Cmd.exe unaccessible, explorer crashes, Windows update freezes, etc. to get the real site If I attempt to Google redirects, Cmd.exe unaccessible, explorer crashes, Windows update freezes, etc. run Cmd exe from the run dialog nothing appears and explorer crashes the blue bar at the bottom goes away which I believe is indication of this then when it reloads my tray bar is missing several of its components I have also tried to run cmd exe from a file browser but it will just not run However if I copy the file and rename it to foo exe then it runs just fine Windows update shows me a single high priority update NET Framework Service Pack but when I try to install it it freezes Frequent quot generic hos process quot crashes caused by svchost exe As opposed to other people I have seen posting with similar problems I have no problems accessing web sites belonging to antivirus companies or bleepingcomputer com Attempted fixes I ran ATF cleaner F-Secure full scan found nothing Kaspersky online scan found nothing Malware Bytes Anti Malware found nothing Strangely it could not update itself so I had to download the latest database file manually Super Antispyware found nothing GMER exe - I was not allowed to run the file until I renamed it to something else It ran all night and I didn t see any warnings does it write a log where in the morning GooredFix found nothing What confuses me even more is that my PC now seems to be ok The most visible sign is that cmd exe works again and I also managed to run Windows update and install an update and MBAM can update itself Still I m worried that whatever malware I had is still lurking around inside my PC I would greatly appreciate if someone recognizes this problem and knows what caused it and then suggests a way of checking removing the specific thing Thanks in advance for any advice suggestions help

A:Google redirects, Cmd.exe unaccessible, explorer crashes, Windows update freezes, etc.

Let's run an online virus scan called Kaspersky or KAV for shorthttp://www.kaspersky.com/virusscannerusing Internet Explorer.Please disable your resident Antivirus before performing the scan and re-enable it afterward.Choose the online scanner option1. At the main page. Press on "Accept". After reading the contents.2. At the next window Select Update. Allow the Database to update.Note: If prompted to run or update your Java, then follow the prompts to do so. Kaspersky requires Java to run.3. Once the Database has finished, under the Scan icon Select My Computer to start the scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.4. Select Scan Report.5. If any threats were found they will appear in the report6. Select "Save error report as"Then in the file name just type in kasperskyUnder "save as type" select text .txt Save it to your Desktop.Please post the KAV scan report in your next reply.after a reboot/restart Please download and run Processexplorerhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspxUnder file and save as, create a log and post here copy and paste into a reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222357/google-redirects-cmdexe-unaccessible-explorer-crashes-windows-update-freezes-etc/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I Kernel - critical Power error. PC freezes 41 hope you can help me because I've been reading a lot of information on the net trying fixes and I can't get rid of my problem I build a new PC two weeks ago and decided PC freezes - Kernel Power 41 critical error. to install Windows The system started freezing right away At first I supposed it was outdated BIOS or drivers related so I flashed the BIOS and updated all drivers available from the Asus website I still had crashes while navigating playing watching clips etc The errors are always the same - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Dami n-PC - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp I PC freezes - Kernel Power 41 critical error. continued to find a solution online and read that energy saving states like sleep or hibernate could cause system hang-up so I created a custom energy plan and disabled all energy saving PC freezes - Kernel Power 41 critical error. options Still the same results At that time my system crashed quite frequently I think my problem is described in this Microsoft article in scenario Windows Kernel event ID error quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first quot in Windows Windows Server Windows or Windows Server R I don't have BSOD but I believe that's because of my system previous settings Last thing I tried was changing some options in flash player Now the freezes only appear to happen when the PC is left alone for a long time I don't have a minidump file because I didn't have a hang since I changed the configuration you suggested Attached is the zipped SF folder I don't know what else to do Please can you help me

A:PC freezes - Kernel Power 41 critical error.

Well, I dont know Spanish, but still trying to read your logs.

It means an unexpected shutdown ... am I right?

Quote:
Event[8503]:
Log Name: System
Source: EventLog
Date: 2013-07-25T00:12:18.000
Event ID: 6008
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Cl?sico
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Dami?n-PC
Description:
El cierre anterior del sistema a las 17:30:36 del ?24/?07/?2013 result? inesperado.

And it is followed by the loading of Avgmfx64, AVG Mini-Filter Resident Anti-Virus Shield.

Quote:
Event[8502]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager
Date: 2013-07-25T00:12:10.618
Event ID: 6
Task: N/A
Level: Informaci?n
Opcode: Informaci?n
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: Dami?n-PC
Description:
Filtro de sistema de archivos 'Avgmfx64' (6.1, ?2013?-?02?-?08T00:14:48.000000000Z) correctamente cargado y registrado con el administrador de filtros.

Every unexpected shutdown if followed by this event.

AVG is a known issue. Uninstall AVG, at least as a test. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Also make two more things sure. Check for any available updates for Asmedia 106x SATA Host Controller Driver and any available firmware for Samsung SSD 840 PRO.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298607-pc-freezes-kernel-power-41-critical-error.html
Relevancy 50.74%

All Firstly thank you in advance for any help I have had a read through the common questions section critical missing system drivers and critical system drivers missing tried a few things but to no avail Firstly my laptop is a Acer Aspire z with an Intel T processor I bought the laptop with Vista however i was never very impressed and critical system drivers missing when the OS seemed to get corrupted i decided it was time to try but have been unable to install it The installation gets all the way through and restarts it then comes up with and error File Windows system DRIVERS q sys status xc e info Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt I have deleted the Acer recovery partition and downloaded drivers from the Acer website however each time i get a the same error but with different sys files Am i missing something or is this just a case of getting the correct drivers loaded for the install to work critical system drivers missing I have tried numerous combinations and am running out of patience PLEASE HELP

A:critical system drivers missing

Hi there, I hope you're doing a Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/82201-critical-system-drivers-missing.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, Laptop is continuously restarting with error- " Page fault in non paged area". serial no -> CND5132XYTModel      -> 15-r206TU New laptop was purchase just few months back from Croma CBD Belapur Mumbai India. Hardly we have used this laptop, as such laptop is very slow.  Is this problem with windows 10 OS or any driver update went wrong or any service/process/anti-virus is causing this issue?How can a new laptop give OS issue - this will be raised with consumer forum if HP does not help in resolving - we have purchased laptpop with huge cost. If OS needs to be reinstalled -> how do I get OS recovery DVD ? Question still remains -> how can HP sell faulty laptops - either help us in resolving issue or give new laptop. Thanks   

A:Laptop crashes -> " Page fault in non paged area&quo...

A three-month-old laptop is not a new laptop.  You do have a warranty and can contact HP for support with the issue. The issue could be a bad memory module, some software,  an application you have installed, a  device driver or perhaps a Windows update.   Making any kind of threat in the forum is very bad form. I am sure that you are aware of that. As far as getting an OS DVD goes, you were supposed to use a USB flash drive and create recovery media. You should have read what the script told you when you set it up back when it was new. Since you did not, then purchasing recovery media from HP or an HP partner will be your least expensive option.   Be aware that this is the HP consumer forum and this is peer to peer support. This is not a business unit of HP and we are not HP employees. We are HP customers, just like yourself. If you want to get support directly from HP, then contact HP. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-crashes-amp-gt-amp-quot-Page-fault-in-non-paged-area/td-p/5801971
Relevancy 50.74%

So for a long time now probably going on over a year I've been wrestling with my computer I should get a new one and just start from zero but I can't afford that right now so I'm hoping that I may be able to get some help here Essentially my computer crashes a lot sometimes randomly and sometimes with noticeable patterns It's sometimes a BSOD usually Memory Management sometimes Page Fault and I got a Driver IRQL a long time ago and sometimes it's just a flat hang with a stuttering sound repeating until I do Fault BSODs Multiple Page Memory and Management Crashes, and a hard reset Something I've noticed lately is it crashes more often when I have Multiple BSODs and Crashes, Memory Management and Page Fault flash player up for some reason or another but especially for streaming videos There's also been a couple of times where first firefox and or the flash plugin will crash then the PC will run for a bit but if I try to bring firefox back up it will hang or BSOD I've gotten crashes for other reasons though In addition sometimes when I start the PC up it won't post saying a BIOS checksum failed and that it can't detect a keyboard That's usually solved by restarting it once or twice more I've had other various errors in the past but that's the majority of it and what's been happening recently The following is the steps I've taken so far Run Memtest overnight and for hours at a time no errors Run various hard drive checking utilities no errors Run chkdsk on both hard drives I've gotten the occasional bad sector but hasn't changed crashes afterward Reinstalled Windows both repair and clean I've also done sfc scannow afterward and everything was fine Removed Daemontools Avast replaced with MSE and several other bad programs Run CCleaner and various registry fixing tools I've had registry errors but cleaning them hasn't helped Run Full virus and malware scans both originally with Avast then with MSE and also Malwarebytes no viruses Replaced the Motherboard Graphics Card and CPU at various points since the problems first started not always as an attempt to specifically fix it but worth mentioning Updated the BIOS on the replaced motherboard and replaced its battery Reinstalled Flash and kept it updated just in case No luck Similarly I've kept all my drivers up to date and use Windows Update regularly I'm at my wit's end trying to find a way to make my PC stable Any help or insight would be appreciated Logs attached per the forum instruction but that only has the last one due to the aforementioned reinstall and cleans If I get a new BSOD I'll update it

A:Multiple BSODs and Crashes, Memory Management and Page Fault

just analysed the .dmp files and what really concerned me was this bit at the endof the dump file:

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

this and a few other things in there indicated possible corruppted memory, if this is the case I would reccomend backing up all files IMMEDIATELY and then, just to confirm what is happening, run memtest and get back to me with results

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368916-multiple-bsods-crashes-memory-management-page-fault.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Kind of a general title yes but unfortunately I don't have all and area? Could prevent in fault nonpaged you crashes BSOD/Page help of the diagnostic information needed so I'm asking for help on getting what I need to give you folks more information Here's the issue I've been experiencing system lockups Everything freezes and if any sound is playing it loops a quarter of a second of the sound over and over which usually sounds Could you help prevent crashes and BSOD/Page fault in nonpaged area? pretty freaky Because of this lockup NOTHING is being recorded - no minidumps no events Today however after the restart it went to a BSOD saying quot Page fault in nonpaged area quot and referenced winsys exe After doing research I Could you help prevent crashes and BSOD/Page fault in nonpaged area? realize this is a very generic error especially with no minidump to back it up After this error I Could you help prevent crashes and BSOD/Page fault in nonpaged area? could not even restart in safe mode I had to go to recovery and restore to the last healthy point During the times I attempted to restart it in safe mode I physically cleaned out my whole system and re-seated memory cards cables I did not take off my CPU and re-seat that I also switched out memory from sticks to sticks to stick following the user guide as to which slots to seat the memory No change and I still eventually had to go through the restore process As opposed to waiting until the next time it happens I'd like to take a more proactive approach get some information to you folks and see if there are any things that I can fix before I get the next crash Please let me know what diagnostics I can run to get more information As for now I can simply offer a dxdiag and the knowledge that I've run memtest for over an hour with no errors Also I have my computer connected to a UPS battery backup and a surge protector I've tried different configurations with that just surge protector just UPS surge then UPS UPS then surge direct to the wall different sockets and all configurations have had system lockups These crashes occur while browsing the web playing games even editing files in notepad Doesn't seem to have any specific trigger Thanks for your time

A:Could you help prevent crashes and BSOD/Page fault in nonpaged area?

Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Attach the zip with your reply post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/342486-could-you-help-prevent-crashes-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Config:

Hardware: Desktop

Intel i5-2310 sandybridge processor
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 ver. 2.2 Motherboard
Transcend 4GB 1333MHz RAM
No External Graphics

Software:

Dual Boot - Windows XP SP 2 x64 and Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Problem:

Everything is working great in XP. After installing video drivers in windows 7, the wizards asks for restart. When i restart windows 7 hangs just after the "starting windows" logo, just at the welcome screen. It is not random, everytime it freezes at the same point. The system hangs and the display is just horizontal garbage lines and I need to hard reset the CPU. Without the video drivers, windows 7 works fine.

Things I tried:
1. Drivers from Motherboard CD/DVD.
2. Drivers from Gigabyte Website.
3. Drivers from Intel Website.
4. Changed the SATA mode to AHCI/IDE in BIOS. XP wont boot in AHCI.
5. XP shows Intel 2000 processor graphics. CPUZ tool in windows 7 shows Intel 1000-T.

A:Desktop freezes after installing video drivers in windows 7

so you tried uninstalling the bad drivers and going back to the old ones?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/246914-desktop-freezes-after-installing-video-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My HP H8-1214 crashes & reboots with blue screen (critical process died) after Windows 10 upgrade. I have tried to go back to Windows 7 but it keeps giving an error message saying a driver is missing and will not install. Is there a way to make Windows 10 work correctly on this machine or how do I get back to Windows 7 without losing everything? Any help at all is greatly appreciated!!

A:HP H8-1214 crashes with blue screen (critical process died) ...

Hi @GTO603. Welcome to HP Support forums.  Please share the exact error message on the screen, meanwhile try the steps from the below link http://hp.care/2ckbpLp Let me know if that helped. Resolv_SGlad to help you. I work for HPPlease click ?Accept as Solution ? if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the ?Kudos Thumbs Up" to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-H8-1214-crashes-with-blue-screen-critical-process-died/td-p/5760954
Relevancy 50.74%

First of all gotta type this fast cos its been shutting down while ive been typing feelling right now lol Random freezes occasional BSOD message when computer restarts I have noticed the VGA socket is a bit bent and the display has recently became intermittent Unsure if this is what BSOD fault. experiencing random unknown freezes, is causing it though OS - Vista Windows WINDOWS BSOD experiencing random freezes, unknown fault. x -bit or x BIT What was original installed OS on system NEW BUILD WINDOWS Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM VERSION Age of system hardware YEARS Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS MONTHS SSD INSTALLATION CPU AMD PHENOM TRIPLE CORE GHZ Video Card ONBOARD MotherBoard GEFORCE PM - M Power Supply - brand amp wattage CCIVO W System Manufacturer NEW BUILD VARIOUS PARTS BUILT BY MYSELF Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom If it is a VGA problem I may tidy up the socket and install a graphics card to see if this fixes the problem Id be grateful if anyone could look at the log and help me to understand what could be the cause of these shutdowns Hope I followed the instructions to the letter Thanks William edit froze for seconds then resumed This is new

A:BSOD experiencing random freezes, unknown fault.

19.34 I put a youtube video on, there was a Skrillex sound coming from the speaker and the computer froze again. I restarted it and it froze up on the Windows welcome screen. Restarted once more and I am currently listening to Youtube.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-experiencing-random-freezes-unknown-fault-696382.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi when I try to boot up my computer I get a blue screen right after the windows is loaded It just flicks up for a second so I cannot see what it says It does same with safe mode I m not sure but I think it is caused by display driver I tryied to install I got a nVidia GT-m card and nVidia doesn t provide official driver for it it must come from the vendor or drivers screen Blue fault) (Possibly I need to use modified driver The driver that came from the vendor didn t support some of the openGL functions and gave error when I tried to run stuff on higher resolution so I thought I should try out modified driver I think I got it from site called something like laptopgraphicsgo or something like that after I tried to install that and it didn t seem to do anything at first didn t show any window or didn t require restart itself But later when I decided to do restart much later I got this blue screen So I m pretty much clueless what to do nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everyone I have a problem I wasn t able to fix myself and hope someone can help me fix it yesterday I was trying to plug in a new cellphone to my computer with the usb cable that came with it it did not come with any software or drivers of any kind windows was Manager drivers? usb Device fault hangs? unable to make it work so i gave up and just uninstalled it from the device Device Manager hangs? fault usb drivers? manager today late in the day while browsing or doing stuff i noticed my mouse would freeze hang every once in a while sometimes very frequently sometimes every couple of seconds looking for some ideas online i learned it could be the device manager looking for something and not finding it to help confirm this possibily my mouse died on two occasions with windows giving me those little information bubbles on the taskbar saying some usb device quot failed quot or whatnot sorry forgot the exact words and then the mouse was dead and i had to restart my theory is i quot broke quot something in the drivers and junk looking for some solutions the very last thing i tried today before i gave up was starting in safe mode uninstalling all USB devices unplug my USB mouse restarting windows normally and letting windows reinstall everything pluggin the USB mouse back in and letting windows install that last my mouse still hangs when i move it around i scanned for EVERYTHING and couldn t find a thing but am Device Manager hangs? fault usb drivers? more than willing to submit a hijackthis log if anyone would like it my thoughts on this are that the corrupted drivers are still in the system and windows just keeps reusing them since it probably has nothing else when i rebooted i booted with my xp cd in but windows never asked for anything it just installed the ones in the hdd by itself otherwise i would have redirected it to the CD instead my next idea is forcing it to ask me but i don t know how to do that if you think this is the solution let me know how i could do that or if you think the problem orginates elsewhere or you have any other ideas whatsoever let me know thank you very much for your time nbsp

A:Device Manager hangs? fault usb drivers?

in desperation i found and installed the OLD (i mean old) drivers that came with my mouse so that they don't use the faulty windows ones that i broke. (windows default were perfect till i broke it trying to install that cellphone )

I have a Logitech iFeel Mouse.

i'm trying to purposely make the mouse hang again by moving it around very fast. seems to be holding up really well.

i'll mark it solved if i can't manage to break it again.
edit:
still hangs.
how can i delete all the usb drivers on my pc and reinstall from cd?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-hangs-fault-usb-drivers.836764/