Windows Support Forum

Can I open office (word excel..), with office document web app server (WAC) bypassing SharePoint, Lync and exchange?

Q: Can I open office (word excel..), with office document web app server (WAC) bypassing SharePoint, Lync and exchange?

Hi all
can you tell me if it is possible or not to use Office web App server 2013 alone without going through SharePoint, Lync, or exchange 2013?
Let me explain:
in a society where there is an infrastructure SharePoint, Lync and exchange 2013 with office web app server 2013, is a user that does not have office on his Computer, can open office (word excel..) document, bypassing SharePoint, Lync and exchange?
If it is possible thanks to guide me on how I can find nothing on the net...
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9021eb97-7258-423e-8929-d6bfcdc8da68/can-i-open-office-word-excel-with-office-document-web-app-server-wac-bypassing-sharepoint?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can I open office (word excel..), with office document web app server (WAC) bypassing SharePoint, Lync and exchange?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 81.84%

I have a weird situation opening a 'word' document. If we call this docA and I try to open it by clicking on it with 'Word' already running it will take 40 seconds to open. If I then close docA and open it again, it opens immediately. Similarly if I've previously opened docB then docA will open immediately. docA is only about 50k and other docs of various sizes are OK.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office XP which made no difference.
Any ideas very welcome.

Peter

A:Office XP Word slow to open first document

What is the brand and model of computer, and how much memory do you have?
There is a Microsoft Update for Office 2002 and XP that you should install if not already done.
First, I would run the free CCleaner, then consider others to remove congestion. Has your system been defragged? Have you run antispyware, adware, and antivirus scans? Suggest you run: Windows Defender, Adware 2.0.0.7, SpyBot 1.5.2. Or professional paid stuff such as AVG, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, Nod32, etc., if for no other reason than to rule out common causes.
Sometimes the problem is exacerbated by an install of a multifunction printer. HP, Lexmark, and Epson are particularly problematic. You would need to uninstall the printer, then reboot, and remove all evidence of it with RegClean, then reboot, defrag, then reinstall the printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-xp-word-slow-to-open-first-document.104326/
Relevancy 80.91%

I have found that when I run word or any other office program and go to the open a file icon you then get the open file window that has all of my word 2007 Open Word Document Window Office documents Since I saved them with thumbnails there is a thumbnail of each document saved Now here comes the problem Office 2007 Open Word Document Window over on the right there is the preview pane and when you click on a file for preview I Office 2007 Open Word Document Window get the error message quot This file can't be previewed because of an error in the Microsoft Office Word previewer quot Of course I have googled this problem but I haven't found much info other that to run the program with the a on the end of the desktop short cut which turns off many of Words add-ins and other things that I really don't know about Yes when you run it in this mode the preview handler does work as it should Does know the cause of this behavior and have a solution

A:Office 2007 Open Word Document Window

Since running the program with the /a locks out plug-ins and such, I should of known that a plug-in was causing the problem. I disabled Adobe plug-in and it now works. How about that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/13143-office-2007-open-word-document-window.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi,

I need help with word 2007. When I open my document (.doc format), word automatically reformats it during loading. After this, I see a lots of garbage in the contents list. This garbage are in fact lines from my document. In the document they look just like other text, but they appear in the list. When I update the style of these lines (for example it uses normal and I just click on normal style), they disappears from the list. I save the document but next time word reformats it again and I have the exactly the same garbage in the contents list. I realized I can stop the formmating during document open by ESC, which at least does not corrupt the document again, but how do I repair the document permanently?

What is wrong with my document? How do I repair my document?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-word-reformats-document-on-its-open.751680/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi I have a SBS machine and have various clients connected through exchange to get mail Users typically leave outlook running the whole day while they work on programs such as access excel I have noticed that on some machines excel and word docs open very quickly over the network until outlook is left open and connected to exchanged we are opening the files on a to office Open Exchange to Solved: Docs Office connected when is Slow variety of win servers however when they have their outlook exchange account connected I have seen the docs take anywhere from - x the normal amount of time to open I have also noticed that opening email attachments such as xls and doc are also very slow while connected to exchange but it seems to vary from file to file some seem Solved: Office Docs Slow to Open when office is connected to Exchange better than others does the connection to exchange complicate the process of opening docs on remote machines or does it sound like I have a misconfiguration somewhere I would like to Solved: Office Docs Slow to Open when office is connected to Exchange get the performance of opening a file say a xls on a network share to be the same as it is when outlook is not connected to exchange I do not have these PCs running in offline or cached mode as we have a shared calendar that does not display correctly when I enabled these features Clients are running office Turning on cached mode does not seem to make much if any of a difference btw Thanks for any insight you may have nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-docs-slow-to-open-when-office-is-connected-to-exchange.1028810/
Relevancy 107.93%

I am wondering if anyone knows how to customize the "Open Office Document" program in Office 2000... this is the small program that archives shortcuts and has a tool bar on the left hand side with options that include : Web folders, Favorites, Desktop, Personal and History. I want to customize the "Look In:" tool bar...

Thanks,
Andrew

A:Office 2000: Open Office Document Shortcut

I can't find a single way to change that setting. So, here's what I'd do.

Go to your (default) folder in Windows Explorer. Right-click it and hit Create Shortcut. Then, right-click the shortcut and hit Properties. Hit Change Icon. Give it the Open Office Document icon and also rename it to Open Office Document.

Copy or cut the shortcut.

Go to C:\windows\start menu and delete the old Open Office Document Shortcut and paste the new one in there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2000-open-office-document-shortcut.56042/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi. I have a Gateway laptop with Vista. My Microsoft Word trial period has run out, and I have a bunch of Word & Excel documents saved. If I download Open Office, will it run those documents ?

Relevancy 105.78%

Hello,

Great Forum. Wonderful, knowledgeable folks.

Had to re-format HD, and seems to be working now.
But for how much longer, who knows.

On the old setup, I had MS WORD and Excel.
Many existing files of both.

I only have, if I remember right, 2 or 3 downloads allowable/available from the
Student Edition of them that I purchased a while ago.

So, I don't want to use up what is left on my present PC, as I have real doubts about it lasting much longer.

I heard about Open Office, and that it is free, and "completely" compatible with the MS equivalents. True ? Or,... ?

Is this what I want ?
Are there "better" free ones tghat would work very well with my existing WORD and Excel stuff ?
If so, suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

A:Open Office, And MS WORD/EXCEL Questions

Both Open office and Libre Office can open most Word/Excel documents provided they don't use any incompatible features. They will not open any encrypted documents however. It is also possible to save documents in .doc and .docx format though how compatible the .docx format is I am not sure.

Home ? LibreOffice

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

There is also Kingsoft which looks like Office 2003 and can read but not write the later Office file types. There are free versions of this.

Downloading Office Software suite, --- Kingsoft Office software download

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/199889-open-office-ms-word-excel-questions.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I've been trying to resolve this very slow opening problem, but no success.
Tried "detect and repair", this worked but after restart or shutdown the problem came right back.
Any suggestions for a fix, hopefully short of reinstalling MS Office, would be greatly appreciated.

OS XPPro SP3 fully updated
MS Office 2003 fully updated

Thanks in advance

A:MS office files, Word and Excel, very slow to open

Sounds like a machine error... Tell us about your computer, connection, antivirus, and antispyware in some detail... We would like to know brand, or motherboard, age, and configuration... as well as your spyware and antivirus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-office-files-word-and-excel-very-slow-to-open.145028/
Relevancy 104.49%

Not sure what's going on with my pc, but when I do the following, the programs just freeze. And when I try to close them, it says "Not Responding."

MS Word & Excel:
It freezes if I try to open an existing file
If I create a new file, and click File + Print or File + Print Preview, it freezes

Open Office Writer:
It freezes any time I try to print

I sure hope I don't have some kind of virus.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3710 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 72535 MB, Free - 16017 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WG261
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 103.63%

I have no experience using or maintaining this or any other version of SharePoint.

I would like to know if anyone out there has any good info to pass on that would help me to understand the concept of SharePoint as well as common practices of maintaining it.
I have gone thru the training tutorial from MS, but it only shows the 'Good' about SharePoint. I would like to know what to expect from the install all the way to the daily maintenance.

Thanks for any advice or help.

Relevancy 102.34%

it's possible that Office was installed improperly, i cannot open any other non Windows app, they all open to Office Word. is this a virus?

System Restore opens to Office, Control Panel works normally. How can I fix this?

A:Office 2010- the other apps have Word icons and open to Office.

Is this a legally liensed version of MS Office?

Sounds as if you didn't install Office...who did, in that case?

When was Office installed?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548953/office-2010-the-other-apps-have-word-icons-and-open-to-office/
Relevancy 102.34%

I have an Excel file which has some moving objects as well as some drop down menus. I recently installed MS Office 2007 after erasing 2003. The Excel tables now are disabled, the file now looks like a picture, only the fields outside of the content are really clickable.I have tried to enable all macros, downloaded the MS compatibility pack, still same issue. Any suggestions/ideas? The file works in 2013 and 2016.I can share the file upon request ...

A:Office 2003 Excel file will not open with Office 2007

Thank you for your suggestions, here an update: I got the file working - how, no idea. I re-opened the original attachment, deleted the one I had on my PC and voila, it works.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/office-2003-excel-file-will-not-open-with-office-2007/20074.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I have Cannot open stored documents office SharePoint in using IE not found through extensive searching any situations like mine nbsp This problem started some months ago and since then Cannot open office documents stored in SharePoint using IE I have tried to find a solution but nothing at all changes the situation I am using Windows and Cannot open office documents stored in SharePoint using IE SharePoint to access my Office documents nbsp nbsp It doesn't matter if I am accessing SharePoint or Cannot open office documents stored in SharePoint using IE SharePoint nbsp It doesn't matter which user I login with nbsp The result is always the same nbsp nbsp When I try to open a Word or Excel file pdf is fine using IE my version is then it tries to open the file but then just opens the application as if I am starting a new file nbsp There is no error message nbsp It simply tries to open the file and fails nbsp so it defaults to the Application to let me start creating a new document file I was using Office bit but recently uninstalled that and installed bit in the hope this might be the problem but it isn't nbsp I have also installed all recent updates for Office nbsp the result is always the same nbsp The file will not open when accessed via IE on SharePoint nbsp I must use FireFox or chrome I have sorted the compatibility and trusted sites nbsp I have searched the entire internet for months now and tried everything nbsp The problem is related to my specific laptop as I have no problem on another computer nbsp My laptop and Internet Explorer are blocking files on SharePoint nbsp No error message nbsp If anyone figures this out they are a genius because right now I have given up and am just using Firefox Kerri Groves

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/860a67c5-5179-4b49-aa32-c747661ff50f/cannot-open-office-documents-stored-in-sharepoint-using-ie?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 101.48%

I have not found through extensive searching any situations like mine nbsp This problem started some months ago and since then I have tried to find a solution but nothing at all changes the situation I am using Windows and SharePoint to access my Office documents nbsp nbsp It doesn't matter if I am accessing SharePoint or SharePoint nbsp It doesn't matter which user I login with nbsp The result is always the same nbsp nbsp When I try to open a Word or Excel file pdf is fine using IE my version is then it tries to open the file but then just opens the application as if I am starting a new file nbsp There is no error message nbsp It simply tries to open the file and fails nbsp so it defaults to the Application to let me start creating a new document file I was using Office bit but recently uninstalled that and installed bit in the hope this might be the problem but it isn't nbsp I have also installed all recent updates for Office nbsp the result is always the same stored ok) Office IE 11 (pdf SharePoint open documents Cannot on using nbsp The file Cannot open Office documents (pdf ok) stored on SharePoint using IE 11 will not open when accessed via IE on SharePoint nbsp I must use FireFox or chrome I have sorted the compatibility and trusted sites nbsp I have searched the entire internet for months now and tried everything nbsp The problem is related to my specific laptop as I have no problem on another computer nbsp My laptop and Internet Explorer are blocking files on SharePoint nbsp No error message nbsp If anyone figures this out they are a genius because right now I have given up and am just using Firefox Kerri Groves

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/46954730-c3af-4f90-bcbc-920040312a75/cannot-open-office-documents-pdf-ok-stored-on-sharepoint-using-ie-11?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 101.48%

At work I have Windows 2000 along with Office 2000. If I save a document to disk and take it home, will my home computer with Windows 95 and Office 97 be able to read the document??? If not, how can I change them to RTF files?

Relevancy 100.62%

When I try to use Open Office Document to open an Excel file, I get the error message "The program associated with the selected template cannot be started, or the program cannot use the selected template." I tried the Microsoft artical http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=213890 but that was not the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-office-document-does-not-work-for-excel.270041/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello Team Installed Office bit on Windows bit nbsp Installation was successful but soon as we try to launch Excel Word etc this error api-ms-win-crt-heap-l - - dll is missing pops up Is it the issue with VC REDIST update not getting installed correctly along with MS Office but installation was fine without any errors We tried reinstalling VC REDIST it can an option to repair and uninstall as if its already there and so we removed and tried installing again and got quot Unspecified error quot Came to know for installing VC nbsp REDIST need to have a patch installed Windows -KB -x msu which is already available in MSOffice installation folder under hotfixes Tried manual installation of nbsp Windows -KB -x msu and it said this is not applicable to your machine So forcefully installed this nbsp Windows -KB -x msu using DISM exe command and it 8.1 2016 bit Errors 64 etc) in 64 Gives installation api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll like is Office open bit (Excel,Word missing does not after Windows got installed And after the above patch installation installed VC REDIT update successfully Tried launching Excel got the same error as mentioned earlier Uninstalled Office and Reinstalled with REDIST already installed still same error on opening Excel etc nbsp but only this VC REDIST will get installed if we try VC REDIST normal setup without update it will give error we tried after removing the existing VC REDIST with update Please suggest help how to fix is it a compatibilty issue with Windows and Office Thanks Jos

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/65d66711-9e54-4f12-a8ec-8e3b66f98710/office-2016-64-bit-excelword-etc-does-not-open-after-installation-in-windows-81-64-bit-gives?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi I wonder if anyone can suggest a fix for this I'm running XP Pro with SP on a Toshiba Satellite Pro A notebook For about Or Powerpoint For *every* Tries Ms Boot I Word, Up Do... I To Have Extras File Time Or A How Don't Office Configure Open Excel a year now every time I boot Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do... up my computer or click on a Word Excel or Powerpoint document to open it I small window titled quot Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage quot opens containing the Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do... message quot Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage quot Then Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do... another window opens telling me quot The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PROPLUS MSI' in the box below quot and there's a 'Use Source' field with a dropdown menu as well as Browse OK and Cancel buttons When I click on Cancel a third window appears with the message quot Error Setup cannot find the required files Check your connection to the network or CD-ROM drive For other potential solutions to this problem see C Program Files Microsoft Office Office Office SETUP HLP quot but that's just a help article titled Troubleshooting Installation from Compact Disc Media which I'm not trying to do I think this may have happened because the copies of these applications run on my university's computer network have MS Office extras installed that my copies don't obviously FrontPage but I've seen the EndNote toolbar enabled on there too and there could be others and I've created a document on that software which I later copied to and opened on my own computer sending the software looking for the missing extras I don't have any means of installing FrontPage although if it will solve this problem I don't mind having it but I don't need it and don't want to have to shell out for it just to prevent this problem from happening so if there somewhere from where I can download what I need I'd love to hear about it However there must be some way to just instruct my software to stop asking for the extras on start up Can anyone suggest anything I'm REALLY sick of this Many thanks for any suggestions folks -D Optimistic

A:Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do...

First make sure it's not listed in Add/Remove Programs. Then download the Widows Installer Cleanup Utility:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301CAUTION Be sure to check ONLY the box by the MS Office product that you want to remove, which would be Front PageTRY THIS FIRST http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182876

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165995/ms-office-tries-to-configure-for-extras-i-dont-have-every-time-i-boot-up-or-open-a-word-excel-or-powerpoint-file-how-do-i-make-it-stop/
Relevancy 99.33%

Word Perfect expired a while ago and I cant find a serial so either I can go with XP Office, which will cost me money or Open Office. Which is better and why.Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Xp Office Vs Word Perfect 12 Vs Open Office

here is a free program that turns up your licences:belarc advisorhttp://www.belarc.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68233/xp-office-vs-word-perfect-12-vs-open-office/
Relevancy 96.32%

Unable to open Microsoft Office documents(excel,word) in Internet Explorer when we enforce strict TLS 1.2 protocol (Disabling SSL v2,SSL v3,TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1)on the webserver. We tested by removing strict TLS 1.2 and IE is able to open the document fine.
Error description : We see a Microsoft Excel Security Warning with the following content.
Certificate error
The application experienced an internal error loading the SSL libraries.

When we disabled SSL V2 and SSL V3, the document opens fine but when TLS 1.0 is disabled we are seeing the  pop-up with certificate error. We tried to open the reports in CSV format, 2007 format and 2003 format and all of them have the same issue. Does
Internet Explorer have any restrictions when TLS 1.2 is strictly enabled ?

Note : We are able to download the document using Internet explorer and the document opens fine from local but opening the document from the browser fails with certificate error.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9bfa6b18-6ae3-427a-9fe1-0ede15f97875/unable-to-open-microsoft-office-documentsexcelword-in-internet-explorer-when-we-enforce-strict?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 94.6%

I have Office 2007 and I downloaded a 2010 calender template. It's just about what I need and fills up the page nicely, however I've noticed that there is room to stretch the calender on the page. Trouble is I can't figure out how to do that! The little grabber thingy on the top left of each month allows you to pull it but not re-size it. How can I do that to take advantage of every single area of space on the page?

Relevancy 94.6%

i have an assignment due in very soon for a university resit, however i could not save it onto my usb stick and now the whole document has question marks and all the words have been replaced, help pliz

A:Word Office document has Question marks

Hi tafa263, and welcome to TSG.

Some possible repair methods suggested by Microsoft:

How to open documents by using the Open and Repair feature in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893672/

How to troubleshoot damaged Word documents
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826864/

I would suggest you make a backup copy of the Word file in its current state just in case any repair attempts damage the file even more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-office-document-has-question-marks.616198/
Relevancy 94.17%

I reinstalled Office Home and Student and I no longer can get "Open New Office Document" and "Open Office Document" on the start menu. Any ideas? Thank you.

Relevancy 94.17%

Hello everyone,

I am setting up a home computer lab from scratch using a single server with windows server 2008 r2, I am planning to use this to set up exchange server 2010 and an office communications server 2007 r2. I was wondering if anyone had any tips hints and comments about this. I am primarily looking for instructions or a guide to make the set up process easier current the only decent source I have is :

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_...fice-communications-server-2007-r2-part1.html

beyond this I was wondering what I need to set up.

Here is basically what I want to set up:

office communicator features
exchange server features
online exchange server access

The purpose of this is purely for fun/educational purposes really, the kick here is if I manage to get this working over a hamachi network, but before all that I just need to set these features up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-lab-exchange-server-office-communications-serve.943880/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have saved a document to my desktop and closed it after saving it. I went to reopen it and I received this error: there was a problem sending the command to the program.

Any suggestions???

Thanks

A:error in opening a office word 7 document from desktop

Hi, welcome to the forum, have you tried Google.
I just did and these links tell a little more.
Word7:
http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sh...oblem-sending-the-command-to-the-program-quot
Excel 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211494

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-in-opening-a-office-word-7-document-from-desktop.1070494/
Relevancy 93.31%

I can print all Ms word documents on my computer except this one:

PHP Code:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bkpm9cj7b07kewb 

All i received when printing it is only a blank page
Could you please examine this file to find what's wrong with it?
p/s: sorry for my bad english

A:Problem with printing a MS Word document (Ms office 2003)

Hi,

What does the Print Preview for the doc. show?

Does it contain non-standard fonts and/or special characters?

Have you tried opening the doc. in a different Word Processor?

Have you tried converting it to/saving it as a PDF file and then printing it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-printing-a-ms-word-document-ms-office-2003-a-627744.html
Relevancy 93.31%

In a Word document in Office for XP if I type in a URL or email address it immediately turns into a link (Coloured blue). This does not happen with Word in Office 2007. Is this by design and how do I get a URL or email address to appear as a link please?

A:Inserting link in Office 2007 Word document?

Quote: Originally Posted by Judesman

In a Word document in Office for XP if I type in a URL or email address it immediately turns into a link (Coloured blue). This does not happen with Word in Office 2007. Is this by design and how do I get a URL or email address to appear as a link please?

Hello, Welcome to SF,

Try these steps and see whether it works

In Word 2007, go to Office button > Word Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect
Options > AutoFormat As You Type tab, and check the box for "Internet and
network paths with hyperlinks".

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/67272-inserting-link-office-2007-word-document.html
Relevancy 93.31%

A template for printing cheques works perfectly in Office XP Pro but won't use the document size change
in Office 7. I have downloaded drivers from HP and Microsoft, removed and re-installed Office several times
but nothing works,
Anyone have any idea what has happened?

A:Word in Office 7 will not recognize custom size for document

The only resolution I've seen work was to use Intuit's Quicken or QuickBooks for printing on pre-printed check blanks. Part of the issue [may not apply here] is the requirement of banks with the special type of ink used for the routing, account and check numbers on the lower edge. If not using Intuit's paper perhaps the supplier of the check blanks involved have a template for use in Word?

Oh, one other thing, Office 7 didn't exist, went from Office 4.5 in Win3.xx to Office 95 in Win95. Office 4.5 suite of individual applications had version 6.0. Would it be a guess that you have Office 2007 [version 12]?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/372612-word-office-7-will-not-recognize-custom-size-document.html
Relevancy 92.45%

MS Office 2007 - Microsoft Office Document Scanning is not able to recognize the scanner.
Every time when given scan its giving error message "Scanner not responding".
But scanner working fine when using MS Office 2003 - Microsoft Office Document Scanning. Also it works with software called Desktop Bind V2.

Scanner: RICOH IS200e Network Scanner.

A:Scanner not detected by MS Office 2007 - Microsoft Office Document Scanning

check if you have installed all the office updates.
check if there are any latest scanner drivers, update the drivers for your scanner.
run office diagnostic and check if there are any errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanner-not-detected-by-ms-office-2007-microsoft-office-document-scanning.801224/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have store word/excel to server. I experience when I open it from server and edit, when save it to the same location, it got and error and cannot be save. I have to save as my local pc and do copy/paste to the server.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

A:Word/Excel document cannot save to server

It sounds like a permissions problem as though you have access to open the file, but not modify or save it.

Is this on your work network or a home network?

Do you know how to use permissions and folder/file security?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-excel-document-cannot-save-to-server.739583/
Relevancy 92.02%

I have set up 2 profiles/email accounts in Outlook. I have separate files for each but when I delete an email from one account it goes to the other account's delete folder. How can I separate the two? Thanks.

Relevancy 92.02%

I have files from a previous version names "office.org 1.1 text document" that my new windows 8 cannot open.
Any chance I can recuperate those files ? Thanks a lot.

A:how open office.org 1.1 text document on windows 8

Do you have OpenOffice installed on your machine?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24318-how-open-office-org-1-1-text-document-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi all

I am using Windows XP and office 2003. I am using Microsoft Office Picture Manager to view tif files.

PROBLEM:

1. I open a tif file.
2. I make an annotation change eg: Use the hightlighting tool to hightlight some text. Fine, no problem!
3. I save the document.
4. I close the document and try reopening it:

I get this error:

"The file selected is not a valid Microsoft Document Imaging file"

I recreated my Windows XP profile and this resolved the problem

That was two weeks ago........now the problem is back!

Any ideas?

Pileyrei

Relevancy 92.02%

I have Office 2010 Standard Open License Version installed on 7 XP Pro machines. We discovered, when trying to open a .tif file, that Document Imaging has been removed from Office 2010. I found and followed instructions in KB982760 from the MS web site. I got lots of parts of Office 2007, including Word, but still no Document Imaging. I tried going through Add/Remove Programs to add the feature; still no luck. Has anyone been successful getting Document Imaging from a previous version of Office to run under 2010?

Thanks,
adaniel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358499/office-2010-standrard-and-microsoft-office-document-imaging/
Relevancy 91.59%

I get an error message every time I either open and close a new Word doc or open and close an existing doc, same thing every time. I've tried the repair feature and run Office diagnostics but nothing found. I'm attaching a screen shot of the error message and subsequent error windows.

Relevancy 91.16%

Someone please help, my doc has been converted.
I saved my doc and restarted my computer like normal but when I opened the doc again it had completely reverted to these pound signs and I've been researching hours on how to revert it but nothing. Can someone please help??!!!

A:Open Office Document replaced by pound signs

If problem comes in excel sheet then you need to be click on enable editing option. open file and click on enable edit. Double click on cell which text convert as pound sign now it will be comes as normal text. Save your file again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585912/open-office-document-replaced-by-pound-signs/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello I have some xls files on opening in .xls Office 97-2003 after files S access Cannot Office Excel excel Solved: a cd which I could open fine until yesterday The files Solved: Cannot access Office excel 97-2003 .xls files after opening in Office Excel S were created on my Acer Aspire Z Microsoft Windows Home Premium system x - Solved: Cannot access Office excel 97-2003 .xls files after opening in Office Excel S based pc using Microsoft Office Excel - Yesterday I opened the cd on a different laptop Acer Aspire bit operating system - windows home premium service pack This laptop opened the files using Microsoft Excel starter I saved the files back to my cd when I d finished then safely ejected the CD using the correct method Now when I insert the CD into either pc it show the CD drive but there are no visible files so I can t open anything I tried the error checking tool but it can t check for errors as it says quot windows cannot access the disk quot Can anyone help me open the files please I have all the files backed up elsewhere except for the two I worked on yesterday but I really don t want to have to type them up again unless I absolutely have to as it will take me many hours Any help would really be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot access Office excel 97-2003 .xls files after opening in Office Excel S

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-access-office-excel-97-2003-xls-files-after-opening-in-office-excel-s.1068139/
Relevancy 90.3%

Please help me, I'm absolutely terrified I've lost my most important document.
Today I tried to open a project I was working on, and I was greeted by a little popup that asked me to set the text, language, and alignment of the document. I clicked okay.
Then another box popped up and it said "document file is locked for editing by unknown user." open read only document or a copy for editing." both choices sent me to my 137 page document, where every piece of text was replaced with pound signs. (###)

I have no idea what to do. Please, please help me out. This is so important.

A:Entire Open Office Document replaced by pound signs!

Hello,

Where was the document stored?

Were you using your own computer when this happened?

Do you have a backup copy elsewhere?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413942/entire-open-office-document-replaced-by-pound-signs/
Relevancy 90.3%

Currently I type in Open Office or Libre Office Writer. Export as PDF. Load the pdf into Draw, change the background color to white, then export as png. Then click okay to a popup. Then the png is written to the hard drive.

I have looked for a solution of just using their Writer program to export as png, but there doesn't seem to be any method to accomplish that. The 'convert pdf to png' programs out there look to take at least the same number of steps. I did try one.

I'm working on my Traveller site, with over 1000 planets/solar systems so far, and doing this over and over is becoming tedious.

I prefer a png for documents as it makes it easier to place and download them from my site.

Is there a way to accomplish this in fewer steps ?

Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75600-open-libre-office-document-export-png-fewer-steps.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have an Excel Workbook where I try to embed a Word and Excel file (icon). But, I cannot open the file afterwards. However, my colleagues can open it when I sent it to them by email. What could be the problem with my application.

I tried disabling my spyware software and reloading Microsoft Office XP but the problem is still there,

What could be the problem?
Thanks a lot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-read-embedded-word-or-excel-file-on-excel-office-xp.297467/
Relevancy 89.44%

Using Excel 2000, I want to write a macro that opens a specific word doc. I can manage in VB to open a blank word doc...but what is the command for a specific document?

thanks

A:Excel 2000: Macro to Open Specified Word Document

Sub OpenWordDoc()

Dim AppWord As Object
Set AppWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
AppWord.Visible = True
AppWord.Documents.Open Filename:="c:\path\filename.doc"

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2000-macro-to-open-specified-word-document.56002/
Relevancy 89.44%

In Excel 2010 sheet 1, I enter document name "Text.doc or docx" into column A1 cell. Is this possible the sheet1 A1 cell could auto search "Text" document from sheet 2 at column A "k:\project base\text.doc" if match on that hyperlink then auto open "text.doc" file.Thanks for your help again.

A:Auto open word document in Excel hyperlink

Not sure I understand what you want to do.For a Hyperlink to work you must manually click on the Hyperlink.MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/auto-open-word-document-in-excel-hyperlink/20051.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I understand that if a user installs Open Office on a machine with conventional Office - that Open Office will use its own suite of products for each application Unless the user ops to use Office to open the applications by unchecking the corresponding application boxes during Open Office s installation But if a user chooses Open Office as the default for (MS Question? Office) Office/Open Office Hypothetical A applications on a system that also has Office on it how does Open Office deal A Hypothetical Office Question? (MS Office/Open Office) with this if the OO applications remain checked as the default Does the current version of OO even understand how to DEAL with the new Office I understand that OO can not read docx documents which is the default for Word although this can be easily changed back to doc I found out that Open Office scheduled for release this fall will be able to read docx documents What s so great about docx docs anyway Using my example assume this situation on a new Windows Vista machine fresh installs of each program or Office OEM factory installed What behavior would be expected here Jack nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-hypothetical-office-question-ms-office-open-office.693466/
Relevancy 88.58%

:no:

Hi. I got a customer who is unable to bring up their recent documents in Word and Excel as it is not saving.

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks,
Amer.

A:Excel, Word of Office XP.

Okay, need a bit more info.

If I'm reading it right, the programs work fine, in that they can:
open and close documents fine.
save and change documents fine

However it is not saving the documents under recent viewed/edited documents?

What version of all the software listed is this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/excel-word-of-office-xp-10366.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I'm still a computer newbie........I bought a magazine recently on Windows XP and there was a whole chapter on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and all that. My question is........I can't seem to find these programs, are they included with XP or do you have to buy them separately? Thanks.

A:Office, Word, Excel, etc.

Jimmy2times said:

I'm still a computer newbie........I bought a magazine recently on Windows XP and there was a whole chapter on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and all that. My question is........I can't seem to find these programs, are they included with XP or do you have to buy them separately? Thanks.Click to expand...

Hi Jimmy
These are extra items and are not included with the Windows operating sytem. The latest version of office is Office 2003. You can buy it from any pc store.

Pileyrei

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-word-excel-etc.406317/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi. I got a customer who is unable to bring up their recent documents in Word and Excel as it is not saving.

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks,
PCdude.

A:Excel, Word of Office XP.

Anything they open will not save in the recent searches. Example: in WOrd, go to File and then at the bottom of the list there would be recent searches. That is not popping up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-word-of-office-xp.247507/
Relevancy 88.58%

a friend of mine began having problems last week with office. She was unable to type any new information into any Word or Excel files already saved. There was an error saying she didn't have enough virtual memory but i have since solved that and still am unable to type anything at all into a previously saved document; however i can delete anything in it...and it is not saved as a read-only......any suggestions?????

Relevancy 88.58%

I have Microsoft Works docs saved on my new PC (copied from old PC via flash drive). My new PC (OS Windows 7) does not have MS Works so I downloaded Open Office to use as my word processor. My question-how can I transfer the MS Works docs from their location on my PC into the Open Office software.

Any input appreciated.

A:Solved: Open Office software-how do I transfer MS works docs into Open Office applica

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-open-office-software-how-do-i-transfer-ms-works-docs-into-open-office-applica.1004542/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hey I m having a problem and don t know where to start The problem Microsoft Word installed from Office XP starts up displays the Word screen and freezes indefinitely XP, on Word Vistas Office Excel and Only way out is to task manager quit it Microsoft Excel Installed from Office XP starts and works perfectly fine I can save and everything The only problem I ve found is when OPENING a document it will NOT open a file If Office XP, Excel and Word on Vistas I make a blank document put a single letter in a cell and save it Then try to open it freezes It will EVENTUALLY open it after about - minutes of sitting there seemingly frozen up Once it opens everything works fine but obviously waiting - minutes is not acceptable I CAN open the files just fine using works though I even tried opening it in works and re-saving it as a CSV no change - minutes to open Microsoft Word Preloaded part of Office starts up and displays quot preforming virus scan quot in the bottom left status indicator never gets past it This is why I completely un-installed and installed Office XP that I owned and used on my previous computers This isn t a problem because I uninstalled it but it might be a clue as to something Any help would be GREAT I can t find anyone else having the same problems I m running a new HP Pavilion DV Vista s Home Pro Office XP I have updating and everything is supposedly up to date I tried uninstalling and re-installing no luck I am NOT running any form of anti-virus program at all nbsp

A:Office XP, Excel and Word on Vistas

An update to this- I just determined that by deleting normal.dot it will allow Word to start.
However the problem is that whenever Word, Excell, or Powerpoint try to open a file it freezes up. Word at startup loads normal.dot apperantly, so this is why word freezes immediately. But if I delete normal.dot, I can start and use word fine, except for loading. Once I close word, it creates normal.dot, and then next time I try to start it, it won't work.

What on earth could be causing office to not be able to load a saved file?
I have verified that the files being saved are legitimate, by opening them on a different computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-xp-excel-and-word-on-vistas.624061/
Relevancy 87.72%

I have intalled Office 2007 and when trying to use Word and Excel I get "Not Respoinding".
I am using Vista and did not see an answer or possibly overlooked an answer since I am new and trying out my new wings with you. It is so frustrating. Please help.
ingemartin

A:Office 2007 Word and Excel

First I would recommend reinstalling the Office Suite all together and downloading any updates that go with it. If that doesn't work, I would start looking at which programs you have that have built in Office Add-ons. Some of these add-on capabilities have been known to cause massive slowdowns in Office performance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338751/office-2007-word-and-excel/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi, I am having some wierd problems with my Office XP. Whenever I open files in Excel, it usually hangs. 10 minutes later it will look ok and it will let me do a couple of things but then it will hang again, and usually not recover. Sometimes it does. The cause of the hanging is intermittent, but the result is usually the same; it just sits there and I get a white screen with the "not responding" bar along the top of the window. It will effect other excel files that are open at the moment as well. It is also happening with Internet Exploder and Word, but not as much.

Anyone have any idea of what this could be? Thanks in advance.

A:Office XP: Excel, Word hanging

Yo !
Have you tryed the Office repair option (Ctrl panel, add remove programs, office xp, change, repair)?
I got that problem on an XP computer, Excel was not opening at all, was asking sometimes the source files, some others do not. Also i was not able to open any attached excel file from a mail, excel crashed every time.
After the repairment, excel worked out fine.
You can try the reinstall office if the repair does not works (same path on control panel, but choose on the office options the Reinstall)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-xp-excel-word-hanging.443067/
Relevancy 87.72%

Somebody help me. Every time I exit out of Word 2000 or Excel 2000 I get an "Illegal Operation" message. If I launch the program and close it again right away without opening a document or spreadsheet, it's fine. If I open a document (Word) or a spreadsheet (Excel), as soon as I close it, even if I make no changes, I get an illegal operation. It's not as much a problem as an irritation because nothing else happens. It just crashes. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

woolfmanjack

A:OFFICE 2002 (Word & Excel)

Try my Troubleshooting Word, jack. If that works, I'll give you the instructions on Excel:

http://www.thewordexpert.com/word.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2002-word-excel.73783/
Relevancy 87.72%

My desktop pc is a Compaq Presario with Windows 95 and Microsoft Office. Recently it has started taking forever to close down a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet. The program itself closes out in normal speed but its the separate documents that take forever.

I have checked disk space - plenty available. I have done the usual maintenance ie defragmentation, scan disk etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Diane

A:Microsoft Office-Word and Excel

If you're using office 97, according to microsoft, one possibility is that outlook is journalizing your other office documents. They say to start outlook and under tools / options / journal clear all the check boxes under 'also record files from' list. They say this can cause files to close slowly even if outlook isn't running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word-and-excel.47294/
Relevancy 87.72%

I really screwed up these programs. I downloaded a free trial of system mechanic and something happened to the programs. When I open word or excel a installer opens and trys to install the program but gets an error message that a cab file is missing. Error 1311 c:\msocache\allusers\90000409-6000-11d3-8cfe-0150048383c9\4t561401.cab The computer is a Dell and on microsoft site said I had to go to manufactor for help. They won't do anything except ot sell me the programs as the warranty is expired. Only other thing I can think of is to restore the computer to its origanal state but it would wipe out all the stuff on it. Tried to back it up on floppys but too many files 80,000. Any help woild be greatly appreciated as I have very little knowledge of computers. thanks

A:office 2003 word and excel

Hello

do you remember when you install the (system mechanic) ?

if to you can do this a long as you dont have the system restore turned of on your system

steps

start
select ( all programs
select (accessories
select ( system tools
select ( system restore

now you will be given the option to ( restore to a specific date or create a restore point

select (restore to a specific point

now a window will open with a calender on it

select a date that was befor you installed the (mechanic

then do the restore / now this may fix your issue and it may not

this is the issue with useing programs like this / they normally just make things worse or kill your system

hope it works for you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/office-2003-word-and-excel-319878.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I had created a Open later saved 2007 excle from file but open cannot Office MS-Office created in spreadsheet file in MS-Office with extensio xls After few day i formatted my computer and installed xp and then opend the same file using OpenOffice I saved the changes but forgot to change the extension to xls cannot open excle file created from MS-Office 2007 but later saved in Open Office So after when i tried to open the file from MS-Office it tell quot The file you are trying to open is in different form than specified by the file extension Verify thtat the file is not corrupted and is from trusted source before opening the file Do you wnat to open the file now quot And when i click ok the spread sheet is blank then i tried opening with OpenOffice but asks for text imports but again the spreadsheet is blank the size of the file is as before Is there any solution or it need a professionls to get the thing done the file is very important for me so pleas help me get the file i will be glad to get the solution nbsp

A:cannot open excle file created from MS-Office 2007 but later saved in Open Office

Unless it contained sensitive data, could you post the Calc file here so that we can take a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-excle-file-created-from-ms-office-2007-but-later-saved-in-open-office.919935/
Relevancy 86.86%

I downloaded a registry checker program to fix my computer(win98SE). Now I can't open
none of the microsoft office programs, its saying no application found,need to install program again. Also some other programs on my computer I can't open.

A:microsoft office : word,excel,powerpoint,etc

looks like you registry program may have deleted the links to some of your programs
did you make a backup of your registry at all -

try not to reboot - as I think win98 should back up the registry on each boot - but it only keeps a few copies - 5 I think

i know other members here are far more expert at this then I - so hopefully they will answer

but an answer to
did you make a backup of your registry at allClick to expand...

would be useful

also what was the registry checker program called - may help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word-excel-powerpoint-etc.469808/
Relevancy 86.86%

Not sure where to post this, but in the last month Office Word & Excel 2007 have slowed down and progressed to "not responding". Cut & paste are virtually "cut and wait 5 minutes" and maybe it will appear properly.

I have check for viruses with Malwarebytes and AVG and have used Spybot, also. I have also ran MS Diagnostics. Everything seems to be in order.

I am using Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2.

I know this problem has been ongoing for several years, but this is first time I've had to deal with it and MS Support is as usual not helpful.

Would appreciate someone else's clear mind as mine as become muddled trying to remedy the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462724/office-word-excel-2007-slowdown/
Relevancy 86.86%

In both Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, when I do a "File, Open" command, a box comes up showing the contents of the last directory I used. If I then attempt to use the drop down from this box to navigate to a new directory, it takes 65 seconds before the drop down list appears, and then another 30-40 seconds before the drop-down menu responds to my request for a new directory.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Microsoft office, and I have run the "detect and repair" option in the help menu. Nothing seems to fix the problem. I have no idea why this is happening or what Microsoft Office is doing during those 65 seconds to produce the drop down list and during the following 30-40 seconds to navigate to a requested directory in the drop down list.

I do not have this problem with other applications such as Lotus 123.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 86.86%

I've done a bunch of searching on these forums and elsewhere and found a few suggestions on how to fix this error but I can't seem to find a solution that works I just upgraded to Win Ultimate -bit and I installed Office The programs themselves work fine - but whenever I click on a shortcut to either a Word or Excel doc I get the following error quot There was a problem sending the command to the program quot The program will open but the document won't I can easily open the doc from the program once it's open but it's annoying to always have to do two steps and to doc Error opening 07) Excel Word when (Office or see that error The big solution I keep seeing for Excel at least is the quot Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange DDE quot option and to make sure its unchecked which Error when opening Excel or Word doc (Office 07) it is Any ideas what I can do to fix it I haven't tried any other Office programs so I am not sure if it's all of them but it's quite odd

A:Error when opening Excel or Word doc (Office 07)

Have you tried re-installing Office 2007??

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/129132-error-when-opening-excel-word-doc-office-07-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have MS Word and Open Office. in Windows XP. I am trying to find a way to place a line of text exactly where I need it to be. The line just keeps jumping a little higher or lower than I need it to be. I tried unchecking " Snap to grid", but that did not work. Can you help on this ??

A:MS word or Open Office

What I want to do is in using the vertical ruling ( in inches) is place the first text line at a half inch , and from there at one inch intervals, so the first line would be at a half inch, the second at one and a half , the third at two and a half, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-or-open-office.607083/
Relevancy 86.43%

when i send my sister word documents (she uses openoffice 2.0+) the print is overlapping. what settings or??? do we need to change. as of late, have been putting info in wordpad or notepad. As always, thanks for the help!!

A:word and open office 2.0

I'm going to move this to the Business section which is a better forum for office product issues.

I don't know the answer, but I would try selecting the .rtf format to save the document in which is more universally compatible.

Also if you are using Office 2007 do not send her documents in the .docx format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-and-open-office-2-0.690943/
Relevancy 86.43%

Sup Guys I have several communicators with whom I exchange MS Word documents I have Office with the Office File Compatibility Converter installed for opening and reading docx files in the new format What is the story with the latest version of Open Office From what I understand Open Office can read MS Word files Office Word Open Office to From to Word? Open and including those in the Office formats without a converter but it may have some mild formattting issues with the new docx file formats in Word Word users any versions from - cannot open From Word to Open Office and Open Office to Word? up Open Office documents They must be converted to Word by Opening up Open Office and going under File and Save as type- MS Word Open Office provides a way to save all From Word to Open Office and Open Office to Word? documents by default to Word formats If true how do you do this in Open Office Open office only saves Word documents in doc format not docx formats However it can also convert documents to other formats such as PDF without the need for a plug in Only Word allow PDF conversion without a plug in Let me know what statements are correct and for Open Office users the methods or workarounds you use for document sending and receiving Jack nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-word-to-open-office-and-open-office-to-word.1092689/
Relevancy 86.43%

Recently a friend sent out email concerning a reunion with several documents attached that were created in Open Office. Unfortunately, some recipients did not have OO and could not read the documents. I have OO and was able to save the docs in the MS Word .doc form and foreword them to several who had the problem with .odt . They had MS Word and could read the .doc formatted material.

This raises the question: What is the document format of choice? In the past we had very many word processors -- WordPerfect, Multimate, DisplayWrite etc. Now MS Word is the standard with the others pretty much history. But MS Word is not generic and neither is OO, yet, but perhaps something should be.

So what do you think?

A:Open Office vs. Word

Word is the standard. Almost any word processing program can open a Word document.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-office-vs-word.1068048/
Relevancy 86.43%

Ok is anyone using open office or abiword was wondering if either have an Alphanumeric order command buryed somewhere in the software and how to i get to it ?

And why does this simple command copy then paste work in neither of them; are i get is an explosion of 20/30 windows popping out at me asking me to set up some weird insert command; what the crap is that about never saw that before ?

Any ideas what i keep missing ? ?

A:Open office and Abi word

have you tried Tools/Sort?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-office-and-abi-word.1103301/
Relevancy 86.43%

I am working in Excel and would like to open, print, and then close an embedded Word document with a button.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for your time!

A:Solved: Excel Macro to Open, Print, and Close an Embedded Word Document?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-open-print-and-close-an-embedded-word-document.802770/
Relevancy 86.43%

If I have Open Office installed on one computer and MS Excel on another and there is file sharing between them, can I work on an Excel spread sheet on the Open Office computer and make changes to it will the changes be saved in the Excel format on the other computer?

A:Open Office and Excel

As long as you save it in Open Office as an Excel Spreadsheet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-office-and-excel.677821/
Relevancy 86%

I recently purchased a new computer and transferred my files from the old one. Both systems run Windows 7 with the same version of Office (2007). After the transfer, Excel files will only open when accessed from Excel - otherwise, they try to open in Word. If I click on a file and select "open with," the only option is to open with Word. Any ideas?

A:Office 2007 Excel files opening in Word

Try clicking on the Win7 Orb and selecting "Default Programs" and select "Associate a file type or protocol with a program". Scroll down to .xls and change the program that it opens with to Excel by highlighting it and clicking on the Change Program button in the right hand corner. You will recognise other Excel extensions in the same area which you might want to change in the same way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-excel-files-opening-in-word.1001040/
Relevancy 86%

Hi,When I click on the Help button in both programs , this is what I get:CL Viewer can't display HelpCL Viewer cannot install the necessary files due to Window Installer error 2The system cannot find the file specifiedI have run the 2007 Diagnostics and it says it cannot find a problem.Is there perhaps a file I can activated that is somewhere in the Office 2007 main file?

A:Office 2007 -word And Excel "help" Files Missing

Hi billibo

I don't know if this is relevant, but I had a problem a couple of days ago and found that my Windows Installer Service had somehow been disabled. Resetting this to manual fixed things for me. Something to check anyway. (Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services).

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141579/office-2007-word-and-excel-help-files-missing/
Relevancy 86%

Everything worked fine until a few days ago when I couldn't print a worksheet from Excel. I tried printing from Word and that failed too. I can print with no trouble from other applications. My printer is Epson Stylus C62 and Excel and Word are from Microsoft Office X for Mac 2008. The following happens in Word but not Excel: after attempting to print various commandx available before become unavailable - they are greyed out.

My Mac OS is Version 10.6.8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-word-or-excel-from-office-x-for-mac-2008.1039807/
Relevancy 86%

When I try to launch Excel or Word I get the screen: "Please wait while Office prepares the necessary files". I then have to wait for the procedure to be completed.
In addition, on launching Excel I get a box showing stdole32.tlb.
I have tried to replace that file with a copy but, in spite of logging in as Administrator, it won't copy and replace.
I have carried out a Repair of Office 2007 but it makes no difference.
Help would be appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4060 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1806 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461899 MB, Free - 164566 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0J190T
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
Office 2007 Enterprise Edition

Relevancy 86%

I have searched various forums, including this one, so I'm not sure there is a way to resolve this problem.

Every time I start Excel or Word [Microsoft Office 2003 Pro] I have to rearrange my toolbars. When I start Excel [for example], I'll arrange my toolbars [including dragging them]. After I have them all moved where I want them, I'll use Excel and then shut the app down. When I restart Excel, the toolbars will no longer be in the places I moved them to earlier. I have to rearrange them every time!

Is there a way to lock the toolbars in MS Office 2003 Pro, specifically Excel and Word?

Thanks!

Joseph

Relevancy 86%

My computer did some sort of restore yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what happened. My son was looking at the computer trying to fix a problem with the audio because nothing I tried had worked. (No sound and computer wasn't giving me access to control panel.) When he gave me back the computer, everything was gone. I have the Lenovo apps, my personal files and I managed to get Windows back to what I think is an 8.1 version. (minimal changes to what I had) What I still need desperately is to find my Microsoft Software that came loaded on the computer..Excel, Word, Powerpoint ,etc. My ex says it might be on a "partition". Don't know what that is or how to get there. Help.

A:How do I get back Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint?

If you do not have the disc but you have the genuine product key for Office 2007 you can download and install it from HERE.i_Xp/Vista/W7User

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-get-back-microsoft-office-word-excel-powerpoint/1927.html
Relevancy 86%

This is a question about the search functions within Microsoft Office Word 2007 and Excel 2007. I want to be able to do searches that would yield both “e” and “é” in the results of a single search. Right now all I can do is two separate searches.

My OS is Windows Vista. An example of what I'm looking for is a search that would bring up "cafe" and "café". It's probably either a way to ignore accent marks or a way to define searches for "e" as if they were searches for “e or é”.

Thanks very much for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/searching-in-msoft-office-word-and-excel-2007.948991/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have lost access to the file because of the change in file formats, it was in windows old but how do I recover it and then change the file formats? It strikes me this may be a problem in a business or a charity who just didn't have
the money or just didn't see the need to upgrade to windows 10. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d90bb881-6e91-4039-a680-155699260a73/i-had-a-document-i-created-using-office-2007-but-since-upgrading-to-windows-10-amp-office-201-from?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 85.57%

We have an upgrade on our computer units here in the company, my problem is when users save their 2007 excel files an error pops up, Errors were detected while saving "File Name". Microsoft maybe able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in new file, click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click Cancel.

By the way, the files were save on the file server and users access them through single roaming profile that we created with full access on their folders.
i am hoping i could find an answer.

thank you

A:Error on saving MS Office Excel 2007 files to MS Office 2013

i have many views, but no reply... i am starting to think this forum is not helping me !...

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/351227-error-saving-ms-office-excel-2007-files-ms-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Currently running Windows 7 home premium. An automatic update has prevented me from accessing my documents and redirected me purchase Microsoft Office 2010. I installed Open Office but can only view individual documents by opening with Open Office. How do I run Open Office automatically? Do I uninstall Microsoft Office?

A:Microsoft Word to Open Office

Hi Xander82, and welcome to TSG.

The following page on the Microsoft web site explains how to set default programs to open different file types in Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-which-programs-windows-uses-by-default

If your current trial installation of MS-Office has expired and you do not wish to purchase it, then yes, you can uninstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-to-open-office.1109244/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi All of a sudden microsoft word will not open properly. I get the page with the hourglass but it doesn't open to a fresh page for typing and I cannot open any of my documents either. I have tried system restore but didn't have a point far enough back for it to work. I have tried reinstalling from a disk I had from my old computer, but it doesn't work either.
I don't know why it would suddenly just stop working, it keeps telling me to report the problem, which I have done endlessly.
I am on XP using an admittedly old version of Word (2000) but it has always worked just fine before.
Can anyone help me with this please? Many thanks.

Relevancy 85.57%

On my old computer I had windows 98, but now on my upgraded computer I now have windows xp pro. My question is that on my old win98 I had corel word perfect 7 on it, but on my winxp it will not install, so does anybody know of a word processor that will pick these files that i had saved to a floppy disk?

Relevancy 85.57%

Have Office 97 loaded on Window 98. All other segments of Office are working but Word suddenly won't open. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Word won't open but Office 97 intact??

Word troubleshooting:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/steps_to_troubleshooting_microsoft_word.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-wont-open-but-office-97-intact.391757/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello , i am new to open office .. i used excel 2007 earlier...
i like to know is excel 2007 type tick filtering is available on open office.... if yes how to do it..

if no ... please tell me what is the alternative way to do that kind of filtering in open office

A:how to do Excel Like Filtering in Open Office

In LibreOffice which is pretty much like OpenOffice it is Data->Filter->Auto Filter...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/237476-how-do-excel-like-filtering-open-office.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,

I have recently created an excel spreadsheet using Excel 2007 and have some worksheet protection and cell protection where necessary. It works great for Excel users, but when someone opens it using Open Office, it seems that the protection no longer exists and they have access to every cell on every worksheet, which should not be the case.

Is this a conversion issue between Excel and OO, or did I miss something when creating it in Excel?

tia,

Mark

A:Excel conversion in Open Office

I don't believe OO has very good support for 2007 files yet, try saving it in compatibility mode in Word (2003 .doc) and then try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-conversion-in-open-office.922993/
Relevancy 85.14%

I recently installed the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta, but this morning its intro screen stays stuck at "Starting Microsoft Office Click-to-Run." Googling it resulted in only two threads, neither of them having the answer.

I'm back to using Office 2007, by simply setting my Word and Excel documents to open by Office 2007 by default, but now my Word and Excel icons have become much less pretty, such as my Word icons becoming a very plain "DOCX" icon instead of the normal "blue W" icon. I checked, and the file types are still regular Word documents. Is there a way to get the pretty icons back?

A:Office 2010 Problems: "Starting Microsoft Office Click-to-Run" & Unattractive DOCX icons for Word documents.

Regarding changing the icon:
Go to either My Computer or Windows Explorer.
Click Tools, Folder Options, File Types tab.
Scroll down to the DOCX file type (file types are in alphabetical order), click on it one time to highlight it.
Click the Advanced button.
The "Edit File Type" screen appears.
There is a Change Icon button in the top right area.
Click the Change Icon button.
You should have other icon choices to pick from.
Side note: If you don't like any of those icons, you can always hit the Browse button,
and browse to where other icons are, (you can assign any icon to any file type that you want, it is a matter of personal preference).
Icons are found in .exe files (executables), some (not all) .dll (dynamic link library) files, and .ico files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296907/office-2010-problems-starting-microsoft-office-click-to-run-unattractive-docx-icons-for-word-documents/
Relevancy 85.14%

I am a teacher, and have had my students do some assignments on Open Office using machines that run Edubunu. They have then uploaded their assignments and I want to be able to mark them at home but I have windows based Open Office. Will I be able to open their assignments?

A:Can I open documents created on Open Office on a linux based system using a windows based Open Office?

Yup!
PS
Your school must be so cool if it uses Edubuntu!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311978/can-i-open-documents-created-on-open-office-on-a-linux-based-system-using-a-windows-based-open-office/
Relevancy 85.14%

I m running is crash when the 2k) excel selected word & 'edit' (office menu from Office on Win Xp word & excel (office 2k) crash when 'edit' is selected from the menu All other Office applications work properly except for Word AND Excel When working in either word & excel (office 2k) crash when 'edit' is selected from the menu program EVERYTHING works properly EXCEPT If I click on the Edit menu the menu drops down however only cut copy paste are visible the rest of the menu never completes no text just empty - like a blank VB form At this point the program freezes completely After a few seconds the stupid quot Notify Microsoft quot message pops up and the program closes as soon as I select quot Don t Send quot Some history This all occurred immediately after a new installation of Office There WERE problems during the install files failed to register error I think The files were vbe dll msolap dll msolapui dll and mdt df dll I tried manually registering the files and no help I ve uninstalled and reinstalled twice I ve used the repair option times I did all of the above with Norton Antivirus and all associated programs disabled I also ended the process of every running program that wasn t necessary for windows Any other suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:word & excel (office 2k) crash when 'edit' is selected from the menu

Do Word and Excel troubleshooting (specifically, the registry edits):

www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm
www.theofficeexperts.com/excel.htm

THEN, try running them again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-excel-office-2k-crash-when-edit-is-selected-from-the-menu.269368/
Relevancy 85.14%

My Word 2000 help file is not loading at all, whereas in the past it was available (loaded slowly, with index window showing) . I just tried to pull up the help files for Excel and Access, and neither loaded. I have Office 2000, don't remember how I installed it. I think Access and Excel are under an Office directory, whereas Winword is on it's own. Can't figure out what happened. I don't mess with software once it's been installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2000-word-excel-access-help-files-disappeared.764239/
Relevancy 84.71%

When I open a microsoft office word document a light blue screen comes up which is usually the screen behind the word doc that opens. In order for me to pull up the doc I am looking for I have to hit the menu on top left and click recent documents and then it opens the doc. Also, if I right click and choose word to open the doc an error message pops up saying "Windows cannot find C:documents and settings/administrator/desktop/charlie/d? make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again". I am using Office 2007 and this happens with every document I open that is a word document. It does not happen with Excel

A:Cannot open a Microsoft word doc with office 2007

"Windows cannot find C:documents and settings/administrator/desktop/charlie/d?

Can you please post the rest of that error message.
It might be important to know what the system is looking for

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370093/cannot-open-a-microsoft-word-doc-with-office-2007/
Relevancy 84.71%

My laptop recently crashed after a virus strike. A local computer shop managed to get it back but used Open Office for the WP programme. I would like to convert all the Open Office files back to WORD - is there a simple and quick way to do this? Many thanks for any input.

Relevancy 84.71%

When I try to open Microsoft Office Word a Can't open 2003 Microsoft Word Office window pops up that says window installer then it says installing microsoft Can't open Microsoft Office Word 2003 office word feature It stops half way and another window pops up that says Installation error file not found A required installation file SKU CAB could not be found Original installation source required If you installed Microsoft Office Standard edition from cd please insert your cd If you installed Microsoft office standard edition over your computer network please browse to the installation source on your computer Also a window popped up that says Microsoft word has not been installed for the current user Please run setup to install application I don t have the cd its lost This just started doing this about a month ago I can t open any files through microsoft office word or power point I have Can't open Microsoft Office Word 2003 windows xp I don t know hardly anything about computers so I don t know what to do Any help will be appreciated nbsp

A:Can't open Microsoft Office Word 2003

duplicated thread - closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-microsoft-office-word-2003.866059/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have Microsoft Office 2013 Word program I am trying to open has been opening ok until this morning as begins to open it keeps displaying this message Microsoft Word We're Sorry, but word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly word will need to be closed a result and it gives three options Repair,Help,Close what is happening and how do I fix it? It was working perfectly ok until this morning.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/385199-microsoft-office-word-fails-open.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Sony laptop PCG-Z VA XP home edition w svc pak My Word program will not work I have used the quot Word quot icon and have also opened the program folder and double clicked the quot winword exe quot file and have come up with the same results The window opens up and displays the quot Word quot icon at the top of the window along with the text quot Document - Microsoft Word quot but it is a blank Microsoft open 2000-Word will Office not page I wait a few minutes and open the Windows Task Mgr and see where the quot Word quot program status is quot not responding quot I have uninstalled and reinstalled have used Microsoft Office 2000-Word will not open the quot repair quot function of the installation program and have also reinstalled quot Word quot Microsoft Office 2000-Word will not open where the CD is required to open the program I have the original CDs that I purchased and have been using this Office Suite for that many years without problems All the other programs in the Suite are working Can anyone out there help me nbsp

A:Microsoft Office 2000-Word will not open

have you installed office 2000 service packs.
have you tried to search and rename Normal.dot file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-2000-word-will-not-open.845578/