Windows Support Forum

Windows could not connect to the system event notification service in windows 7 Professional

Q: Windows could not connect to the system event notification service in windows 7 Professional

Failed to connect to a windows service
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As as administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d510a61e-8a28-4492-ad51-870fb73863d1/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-in-windows-7-professional?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows could not connect to the system event notification service in windows 7 Professional

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 96.41%

I logged on to my computer as an administrator and my desktop didnt display for about 4 minutes. There was only a black screen with the white mouse arrow on it. When the desktop had loaded a Windows notification
bubble popped up saying:

"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

I don't believe that I have installed any software etc. recently that could have caused this problem to occur. It just randomly happened one day. In sync with this error I am unable to connect to the internet using my 3 mobile modem and my laptop isn't recognising any wireless signals bringing up the message:

"The dependency service or group failed to start"

My laptop is a Philips freevents 12NB5800 which uses vista.

A:[B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

try loggin in as an admin and viewing hte error log like it said

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/b-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-service-b-277883.html
Relevancy 96.1%

So recently I had hardware issues and through warranty I had several replacements done Mobo Video cards ram sticks and the power supply After all that was fixed and replaced my computer seemed to have ran fine for a few days and it still technically is except for this could service event system the connect to not Windows notification problem The problem is when Windows could not connect to the system event notification service I log in into windows normally it takes a while for Windows to boot up I get a quot Please wait quot screen then after a long minute log in once inside windows I get the quot Windows could not connect to the system event notification service quot and the toolbar is grey all old school windows like The problem is the exact same as the issues found here except I am using Windows bit http social technet microsoft com - d def f http social technet microsoft com -de c cd In services the service is called System event notification it says that the service is running fine Even when i try to restart it it makes no difference at all As for in event viewer Im not to sure what to look for in there Ive looked at several familiar threads I did the sfc scannow twice i did a windows start up repair I disabled all non-windows services and even just tried restarting the service in services I'm not really sure what to do next I'm tempted to just to do a clean install However I am cautious on doing so in case its some kind of hardware problem Anyway do any of you have any recommendations or other possible solutions I havent tried yet Thanks in advance

A:Windows could not connect to the system event notification service

Through your post, I seemed to have missed your actual problem. Is it the system notification service in your title?

What are the particulars of the Event Viewer Error messages about that occurrence?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244882-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 96.1%

Hi,

I got this error Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.

And nvidia control panel doesn't start up.

Problems:

- Slow startup ("please wait" before login screen)
- NVidia Control Panel isnt working

Some Windows Updates was done yesterday i don't know if it's related.

Please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385557-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 96.1%

Hi i have a couple of users on our network not system service to could event the notification connect Windows who are receiving the following error on startup quot Windows could not connect to the system event notification service service Please contact your system administrator quot When this error is receive i always notice the startup time take an extra - minutes before it even gets to the login Windows could not connect to the system event notification service screen Once logged in the users gets the error Windows could not connect to the system event notification service after a minute it can automatically go back to the login screen or if you press OK it also goes back On second attempt it will log in with no errors So far form everything i have researched and tried nothing seem to fix the issue This is what i have checked and done Oh and these machines that are getting this error are on Windows We get no event viewer message or error about the issue -Made sure the services are running and started and set to automatic - mainly the Windows Event log COM etc everything is started as it should be -Rebuild WMI repository which did fix issue for a days then returned -Netsh catalogue reset and winsock reset -Tried Hotfix - KB -Made sure network drivers were updated and the latest -SFC scannow -HDD healthcheck done - is OK Anything anyone else can suggest would be great or if someone has been able to fix this issue permanantly please let me know Thanks Steve

A:Windows could not connect to the system event notification service

Have you tried this: Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219368-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 86.49%

Today I booted up my laptop to get this screen - my desktop without an aero theme and the error message on-screen.

Nothing unusual happened last time I used my PC. No installation or updates that I am aware of.

The computer cannot shut down properly now either, it just hangs after the desktop icons are gone. I am forced to hard shutdown.

http://i.imgur.com/S2N6EGp.jpg

Any ideas?

I doubt its malware but will run scans soon to double check.

A:"windows could not connect to the system event notification service"

The service has apparently started though:

http://i.imgur.com/LEuXUAC.png

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-718321.html
Relevancy 83.39%

I get the error: Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.
Regular users are unable to log on to the machine but Administrators are. The Event Viewer does not have any useful information. I performed a system restore to a previously working day but the error came back eventually. I have ran the command netsh winsock
reset many times to no avail. When I log in to the machine as Admin I can see that the service is started and it is set to Automatic yet the error persists. This has occurred on 2 Dell machines of different models. I had to completely reinstall the first one
to get the user back working but this is not really a solution.

Thanks

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

I reinstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection from the computer and it now appears to be working. But I am skeptical and intend to keep a close eye. If anyone has any experience with this feel free to still chime in.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21488611-2011-4242-90a5-ba1f536ca5f6/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 83.39%

I have tried each and every one of the solutions on the forums and over here All Service to not Notification System connect Could the Event my drivers are up to date double checked I rolled back and uninstalled all updates Did sfc scannow three times and they passed without Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service any integrity violations I've tried netsh winsock reset as well The aero is gone greyed out plus I can't select any other theme and whenever I start up the computer it displays the message quot Could not connect to a Windows service quot This started happening about months ago when my laptop ran out of battery in hibernate mode It didn't resume so I had to press the power button again and then it took about minutes to boot with nothing but a black screen and the mouse there The audio service isn't running every time I boot up I have to right click and run troubleshooter to start it Does anyone have ANY idea what might be causing this How do I fix it I've uninstalled all the software that I installed before the error occured as well I'm using Windows Ultimate on a Sony Vaio VGN-NW GF Intel Duo core T and the ATI Radeon HD Graphics card

A:Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service

I would try a Repair Install as a last resort before running Vaio Factory Recovery from its partition - make the backup disks first as a secondary backup method.

However most tech enthusiasts want the better performance of a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 using the Product Key on COA sticker. Everything you need is in the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/224058-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 83.39%

My HP with Windows 7 suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. . Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable."

I have tried netsh winsock reset but it doesnt help

Please help!

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

Same problem exactly. Tried disabling Kaspersky (internet security 2011) and restarting, but no change. System's been buggy all along, so this just seems like the natural progression of things... But no network connection is pretty hard to work around!

For me this started after i interrupted a shut down by closing the laptop - which puts it into hibernation mid-shut down... Which may or may not be a contributing factor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.999750/
Relevancy 82.46%

This Error popped up on my Screen today

My Nvidia control panel, among other programs do not seem to start with windows any more ( i noticed this right away because my screen configuration had changed)
I have checked the service and all of its dependencies and all of them are working fine. a quick Google search yielded no fixes that worked for me and I'm stumped as how to solve this

Thanks In Advance

Garrett

A:Failed to connect to System Event Notification Service

Usually it's a driver or COM component that's causing this. What does your Application and System event log show you as warnings or errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251227-failed-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3325 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 466635 MB, Free - 283303 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 3492 MB; G: Total - 476821 MB, Free - 37511 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0PP150, A00, ..CN7082186G50HH.
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

Error message appears on startup, usually clears upon clicking "Try again", then computer runs normally. It appears to boot up somewhat slower as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.1023264/
Relevancy 82.46%

I know there was a thread earlier about the same issue but the solution doesn't seem to work for me.

This is the message i am getting on startup:

"Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

The message comes with a very slow start up.

The computer doesn't seem to recognize any of the wireless networks either, so i currently can't connect to the internet either. So i am using a different computer right now.

I am using a Gateway T-1620 with Windows Vista Home Premium 32. Microsoft Security essentials is running and the firewall is down.

Relevancy 81.53%

Gringo_Pr,

I am wondering if my system may have gotten a virus.  On boot and attempting to log in I frequently get a message "Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service."  When it does this I get a message that it can't access my profile too.  It then uses the default.

I have run Microsoft Security Essentials, Malware Bytes and Spybot.  They don't seem to find anything.  But I am not convinced.  In browsing my event viewer - system I see system services that crash and restart.  So, either my machine has a virus or it is starting to fail. :-( 

Thanks in advance for taking on another challenge.

Orcldude

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514309/am-i-infected-unable-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/
Relevancy 81.53%

I dug around quite a bit I really hope this hasn t already been a thread quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot This message comes with slow start up and Solved: failed System Notification Service, connect Event to shut downs that occasionally freeze Another strange symptom is that sometimes about every other time Solved: System Event Notification Service, failed to connect I boot up the computer it loses the shiny-black Vista theme Not so much a concern of aesthetic and more a note of wonkiness The laptop was sluggish recently and I was doing some cleaning defrags registry cleaning virus spyware scans etc I have a theory my sweep with CCleaner may have done something it really shouldn t have I m unsure what to do about this if it is true though because although I didn t delete them all my restore points are gone I also recently changed the virtual memory size if that is relevant Also uncertain of relevancy but the worst of it Service message began while I was toying around between Pidgin and Trillian Trillian crashed something There are so many event logs now that I m not able to figure out what it was I m really not as familiar with the workings of this computer as I wish I was I m really not certain about how to diagnos a problem from what I see I ve also never really gone to a tech forum before if you need more info you ll probably have to tell me how where to get it It is an Inspiron with Windows Vista Home Premium post SP- MB RAM and a GB HDD Also running AVG Window s Defender is down Firewall is on nbsp

Relevancy 80.6%

when i boot up my laptop now it comes up with failed to connec to a windows service sytem even notification service, this is stopping me getting on to interner etc,

i have tried a REPAIR, done a cold boot, done netsh winsock reset
restarted laptop

and it still stays the same

i see there is a suggestion to delete the winsock services hivekey in registry is this safe to do. i dont want to make it even worse,. but at moment nothing is working whatever i try.

please helo i did get error 1747 as well i cant start the services they are in starting mode and wont stop or start (greyed out options)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511245/when-starting-computer-failed-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/
Relevancy 101.91%

My computer recently started having issues here is what is going on boot computer Windows boot screen displayed notification to conect service" Windows system to event " failed minute screen goes black Can move mouse Drive light constantly on not blinking minutes log in screen comes up log in Desktop loads minute gt sometimes it loads with regular windows aero theme other times it loads with basic windows classic theme Error message pop up quot failed to connect to System event notification service quot Have to wait for about more minutes before computer is actually usable The audio service does not work as well from when I press the power button to when I can actually use my computer takes - minutes Here is what I have tried so far Turning off all start up programs services Tested Memory - passed Hard Drive Self Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" Test ---- - fail I am guessing that this is the source of the problem however my computer does still work once everything is finally booted So I don't know what to do with that information or if that test even matters I have tried looking at the event Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" viewer but every time it says that the event log service is unavailable gt I try turning on Windows Event Log but that does not change anything tried quot netsh winsock reset quot in command prompt based on a different thread that I found - it didn't work bit Windows untimate clean install from usb iso post resolution to bootsect exe issue running on dell poweredge sc quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot hardware issue Win has never detected or installed drivers for Ensoniq es sound card Specs below OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model PowerEdge SC System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Cant seem to find any info on sevenforums or microsoft technet or cnet or WELL Any where Microsoft fix it no problems detected Please any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service"

This seems to be a common problem, I am now also experiencing the same.
I have Win 7 Home Premium 64. Did chkdsk /r, defragged, tried sfc/scannow scanned for viruses and even tried reseting winsock.
My aero themes are greyed out, when trying to fix it with MS fixit it errors out.
It takes a long time to boot and then says "failed to connect to System event notification service"

One search on google will show this is a major problem, so why does MS not come out with a fix.
This seems to be the biggest frustration with Win 7 compared to XP, lack of support from MS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161341-windows-failed-conect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Please Help My HP running Vista Home Basic suddenly gave me the following error message on startup quot Failed to connect to a Windows service Could not connect to System Event Notification Service quot Among other things this prevents me from connecting to my internet network so I can't get on-line Rebooting did not help Following the google search I used an elevated command prompt click Start click All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator and typing quot NETSH WINSOCK RESET quot then press the Enter Notification Event "System Vista: Service"? Windows key and then restart the computer I still cannot access my internet network instead of not connection now I get the message quot unidentified network Windows Vista: "System Event Notification Service"? quot and I still cannot go online although there I have some Mbs It sais I do not understand this text quot What netsh winsock reset command does are it resets Winsock Catalog to a clean state or default configuration It removes all Winsock LSP Layered Service Providers previously installed including the potential malfunctioned LSP that causes loss of network packets transmission failure So all previously-installed LSPs must be reinstalled This command does not affect Winsock Name Space Provider entries quot Please help me with the next step in order to be able to go online from my computer Thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/226767-windows-vista-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have been getting the following errors when I try to log into my account.

The system event notification service service failed the logon an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

I created a built-in-administrator and I am able to get into safe mode though not able to run many programs on it such as control panel and start up repair. I looked at my registry and both of my accounts look fine neither of them had a .bak on the end and so I'm not sure how to fix this if my only option is to delete my user account. I've already done a system restore to a couple days before this happened but, I'm still locked out of everything.

Is there anything else I can do that might help?

A:The system event notification service service failed logon ... token does not exist

Google led me to this post as I was researching the problem myself. I encountered the same issue. In this case on a vista32 ultimate box (although I do own an x64 box in case somebody thinks I'm blasphemous posting here ).

I haven't completely fixed the issue yet but I've gotten a bit further so in hopes of helping the next person here are the steps I've taken.

I was able to log in successfully in safe mode (hit F8 while starting up, select safe mode). Once there I went to command prompt (click the start button, type "cmd" [without the quotes] in the search bar and hit enter. From command prompt type services.msc to launch the services control panel. Find the System Event Notification Service, right click, select properties, change it from automatic startup to disabled, apply the change and "OK" out of the dialog box. You can now restart the computer and log in normally.

This isn't really a fix, it's a temporary work-around. SENS is needed for COM+ to respond to things like login and startup events. I've also noticed that my system is very slow right now. My next step is to find a way to generate a new token for SENS and then hopefully I'll be back at 100%. I currently have Dell researching that for me (this happens to be a Dell laptop). If I get a solution short of a reinstall to that one I'll post it too.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194306-system-event-notification-service-service-failed-logon-token-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello there, I'm having some major issues. When I boot up my computer, it gives me this error:I think it might be malware related. A system reformat is not an option and I do not have Windows install discs. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 and Unfortunately this is on my school laptop Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this issue?I appreciate any help you can provide to me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341284/windows-event-notification-service-cannot-be-started/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi.
After uninstalling a trial version of "Acrobat" pre-loaded on my laptop I receive a message "Windows could not connect to the system event notification service".
System event log entry is the same as thread Vista Event ID: 10 WMI ; which is a closed thread without "detailed" steps to resolve problem, merely stating "Deleted contents of Repostory & rebooted".
Can anyone please help further.
Many thanks.

A:System Event Notification Service

I'm unsure if this is the correct thing to do - but here's how to clear the repository (originally found at this link: Repairing and re-registering the WMI ):

Open an elevated (run as Administrator) Command Prompt and type
"net stop winmgmt" (without quotes) and press Enter.
Leave this window open as you'll reuse it again later.

Open Windows Explorer, navigate to %windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository (%windir% is usually C:\Windows ). Rename the Repository folder to Repository_OLD
Then close Windows Explorer

Go back to the elevated Command Prompt and type:
"net start winmgmt" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Then type "exit" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Then close the elevated Command Prompt window and see if that fixed things.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289312-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

A:System Event Notification service

edsod said:

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses. Click to expand...
I have com + event on manual and system event on auto

I do however have quite a few others shutdown and here is my preferred site to read on those services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-event-notification-service.230385/
Relevancy 95.46%

hi!

I am using win 7 home basic edition.
There was a power failure and could not shut down the system.
when i started the system it gave me this error.

Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for
details about why the service didn't respond.

i have also booted in safe mode and went to the command prompt in safe mode and did a netsh winsock reset.But still i am getting this error.does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Mahesh

A:System event notification service error!!!

Try using system restore. I am quite certain that will resolve your problem

System Restore

You may try an sfc scan first, but I am not as certain about the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107201-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Every time I start my computer and log in, an error message pops up when I get to my desktop:Failed to connect to a windows service.Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.How can I fix this?

A:System event notification service not starting

Type services.msc in the start search box. click on the icon, Windows services will open.Scroll down to System Event Notification, right click and choose properties. In the dropdown box, set it to Automatic and start the service.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380518/system-event-notification-service-not-starting/
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a problem with the system event notification service. Whenever I use my Asus V1JP-AK028E with Vista Business to access any Standard User account, it comes up with an error message - "Login failed, System Event Notification Service service could not start. Contact a system administrator".

When using password login to a Maintenance account I created, it comes up with the same error. This is an administrator account. When using fingerprint login to this account, it works, but the error message comes up in a popup when I first see my desktop, and then I'm logged off.

This was new yesterday, and I don't have the Vista Business disk, because it was preinstalled by PowerPlay Direct Ltd. If anyone has any ideas, please email me on [email protected] Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-event-notification-service-error-157333.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Windows 7 64-bit SP15

My Dell Latitude e6420 is having problems as of the past week. An error comes up on every reboot or startup of my machine. The "Failed to Start System Event Notification Service" error would come up on my screen down in the taskbar. Details below of startup:Laptop comes up slow.
Login and once desktop shows that error appears on my screen and sometimes my audio service isn't working (but it can't be the the driver for my video/audio card because sometimes it works and other things will crash meaning a corruption of some system driver.)
Takes 5-10 minutes for machine to fully boot.
Look at event log and shows Event ID Error 7026 every reboot.
I cannot find a fix for this error and nothing seems to be working. Please help with any information. Thanks.

A:Failed to Start System Event Notification Service

Windows Server 2008: Event ID 7026 this article just says what you are thinking seems to be correct. have you looked in device manager to see if there are any warning signs in there?
when your in event viewer, isn't there a link with the error that gives some help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-to-start-system-event-notification-service-597183.html
Relevancy 94.17%

My laptop using Vista Home Premium as developed a fault which means I cannot logon to the internet through my wireless connection. It takes minutes to boot up and comes up with an error message "failed to connect to a windows service. windows could not connect to system event notification service etc". I have researched this on the net and after trying several fixes including "restore", "deleting the latest windows updates" and "uninstalling HP printer software" all to no avail. Can anyone out there offer other solutions?

A:System Event Notification Service Logon failure

Hello rellarby,
Have you installed/un-installed any hardware/software lately ?, this will sometimes cause your system to do odd things.
The first thing i would try is a system restore, to a point before you had this problem.

System Restore - How to

Give it a try and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261343-system-event-notification-service-logon-failure.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I am currently using Windows 8.1
2 days before I updated my PC to 8.1 from 8
Then last night I kept Asphalt 8 for downloading from the store
And in the morning I shut down the PC and after several minutes
when I turn on my PC it shows somewhat like this :

"The System Event Notification Service service failed the sign-in.
Function could not be executed"

And the PC also doesn't shut down I have to force shut down it.
So please help, it's not starting at all. I even tried in Safe Mode
but it shows somewhat like this when I open MSCONFIG
and disable startup items

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40622-system-event-notification-service-failed-sign.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi guys,

Everytime I start my computer, it starts in the Windows Classic theme, with Aero disabled, and unable to be turned back on.
In addition to this there is a pop-up that says
"Failed to connect to a Windows Service"
"System Event Notification Service"

The Aero issue can be temporarily resolved by switching user to another one, then logging out of the other user, then back into the main account.

I have an Asus G51Jx with:
Core i7 Q 720 Hyperthreaded Quad core @ 1.65GHz
nVidia GTS 360M @ 550Mhz
500GB 7200rpm HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu

A:Having issues with Aero and a System Event Notification Service Error

Every user can have their/there own theme. See if this will help.
Theme - Specify Default Theme to Load for New Users

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256341-having-issues-aero-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Okay this problem has been seen plenty of times by others so I've read some threads now offering a fix but none of them solves the problem Upon booting Windows after entering my password for several minutes I see the message quot Please wait for the System Event Notification Service quot or words to that effect After a while the machine finishes booting and the desktop shows up but immediately a message shows up near the notification area reading Quote quot Failed to connect Event Can't Notification Crisis! Connect System Nothing helps! to Svc- to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond quot But it's lying You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running BTW SENS System Event Notification Service is set to start automatically If it matters the last things I did prior to encountering this problem were Uninstalled iTunes Installed older version of iTunes iTunes failed to launch properly due to various error messages Performed System Restore from last night before step occurred then rebooted SENS problem first appeared and when I finally got Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! to the desktop I saw a message saying that the System Restore failed and that I should try again Every subsequent System Restore I tried failed in the same way as --- One alleged quot fix quot was to boot into Safe Mode start the SENS then run the event viewer but in my case I absolutely cannot start SENS So I cannot run the event viewer either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to use the command quot netsh winsock Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! reset quot but whether in Safe Mode or not although the command completed normally it did not Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! fix the problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to run quot SFC Scannow quot This is something I do fairly often but it doesn't fix this problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot is to startup without any user startup programs and without any non-Microsoft services as follows Clean Boot Run msconfig Chose quot Selective Startup quot Disable quot Load startup items quot Go to Services tab select Hide All Microsoft Services Select quot Disable All quot to disable all non-MS services Reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to stop the Font Cache service rename the font cache to old then reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to delete all the files under quot C Windows System winevt Logs quot This didn't work either -- Another alleged quot fix quot is to run a Hotfix described at KB Weirdly you're not allowed to just download the Hotfix MS actually REQUIRES that you request that the link to the file be emailed to you I made that request at pm local time but it's pm now and I still haven't received the email I'll try it when I MS decides they can trust me with it but does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to fix this crisis Thanks

A:Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by Thenin

...You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running!...

Sadly, you have multiple issues. I have no problem seeing the event logs while SENS is stopped/disabled... even after restarting the W7pro64bit Virtual Machine.

Perhaps I got to the log files in a way that is different than what you tried. I did the following:

Start > right-click on Computer
Select Manage from the context menu.
Drill down to the event log of interest.

After selecting a particular log (e.g. System) I did have to let it sit for several seconds before the middle pane populated with info. I have seen this take several minutes. You might try leaving it selected over night :-(

I'm not a big fan of the System Restore process. You might be looking at doing a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377825-crisis-cant-connect-system-event-notification-svc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 84.71%

My 6-week-old Dell running Vista Home Basic suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. It also prevents several programs within Kaspersky Internet Security from starting. Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable." When I try System Restore, it says "back-up hasn't been set up." (Aren't restore points set automatically?)

Please help!

Relevancy 82.56%

Help please I cannot provide my operating system for the computer that I am having issues with bc it will not let me connect to the internet connect not connect could the E to service: System Windows to windows Failed a to at all or pretty much do anything Here is my problems and I at this time have my daughter has only had this laptop since which is a HP G and it is running Windows Vista Home Premium And now we have problems I have this very same laptop that was purchased the same day and I am having none of these issues yet Can someone please tell me what to do I hope I am posting correctly also Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrator user you can review the Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System E System Event Log for Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System E details about why the service didn t respond The second problem is that when I insert my Sierra Wireless AC U and click to start the AT amp T service it says quot Corruption has been detected in FeatureManagerSetting backup file has been loaded The third problem is I keep getting a Windows Explorer error nbsp

A:Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System E

Fixed

Ok well thanks to posts from markiepoos I was able to finally fix the problem...

:wave:

Thanks again,
Addierae

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-e.134669/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have Windows Pro RTM installed on my laptop all updates are installed and the problem that I am having is atleast once or twice a week when I boot my laptop it says quot Please Wait quot and then the login box comes up After I enter my password and the desktop loads there is a quot lock quot Event could not Windows connect the to System Notificat in the bottom right corner with a notification that says Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service Please consult your system administrator I am the administrator only user and I have uac turned off I have tried so many different things after google searches that I will list Windows could not connect to the System Event Notificat below and nothing helps except for one thing which temporarily fixes it Disable windows defender Run command prompt and do quot netsh winsock reset quot this is the temporary fix after reboot sometimes I have to do it and reboot multiple times for it to work This worked fine with Vista Enterprise and Home Premium bit so I'm not quite sure whats going on so any suggestions would help My computer is malware spyware virus free Thanks

A:Windows could not connect to the System Event Notificat

Is the service running? The System Event Notification Service?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/27009-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notificat.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have an event error message "SPP Notification Service event id 7023" at windows 7.

The event viewer file is attached.

Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

A:SPP Notification Service event id 7023

It looks like it might be an important service based on a quick look on google. Open an elevated command prompt and run "SFC /scannow". It will detect any system file errors and attempt to repair them. If it can't repair them, do a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/102111-spp-notification-service-event-id-7023-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

2 days ago my laptop started acting funnily and stopped doing things like playing dvds and there appeared to be some changes to the screen and tool bars and message boxes.
The error message popped up in the bottom right-hand corner= "System Event Notification Service is not working, as an administrative user you can review the system event log".
Would really appreciate any tips on how to fix this as I know NOTHING about computers. Its is a sony vaio laptop, model PCG-7134M.
Thanks so much, look forward to hearing everyone's ideas asap! xxx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sysetm-event-notification-service-not-working-please-help.984776/
Relevancy 77.83%

I received a windows network error and went into events log and it has a warning on it. How do I resolve? do I need to assign a task to it or somehow delete. There are several events with warning from source Microsoft windows kernel processor power. Please
help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df73ca14-41cd-409f-8fbc-2df53355d0a7/windows-operating-system-version-61760016385-event-id-37-event-source?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 76.54%

When the user tries to login into their laptop whether cabled into our domain network or not they receive a message quot there are currently no logon servers available to service this request quot nbsp but if cabled into the network and they wait minutes they are able to sign in without issue but it takes to minutes to load the page nbsp I signed into the laptop with my domain admin account and received the same message as the user but when we tried cabled in minutes later i was able to sign in without issue nbsp The troubleshooting steps nbsp Updated the network driver today still receiving same result nbsp Re-added the computer to the domain today still receiving same result nbsp the event viewer is showing the NETLOGON message and also but the user has been receiving this for a number of months nbsp The only thing we haven't tried is creating a new user profile but the only reason I don't see that working is because if its happening with my domain admin account it can't be a profile issue nbsp Any ideas of what could be causing this and is there a fix request. servers available currently There this Professional Service Pack no to are service Windows 1 logon 7 for it nbsp I do see there is a hotfix but wasn't sure if we should run it or not nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25f0c9ae-effc-4225-85aa-abc0e7ab727e/there-are-currently-no-logon-servers-available-to-service-this-request-windows-7-professional?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 74.39%

On my laptop with XP Pro SP2, I get frequent and seemingly random System Event Notification sounds (XP Balloon.wav). I can not figure out what is causing them. I get them all the time. I have checked the Event Viewer and I can find no entries that seem to correspond. I cleared the event logs and the next time I got the event sound I checked the logs and they were still clear. How can I find out what is causing these? I get no error msgs and everything seems to be running fine apart from these frequent popping noises. Are there more logs I should looking at other than the ones the Event Viewer offers?

Relevancy 74.39%

Hello. When i turn my pc on now, i keep getting the following message:

failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging onto the system.As an admin user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didnt respond.

I do not see any problems arising from this, but can someone tell me what this is all about and how to fix it.

Thank you

A:System Event Notification

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First I take it you can still logon to your desktop...

The best and fastest way to correct the problem is by doing a system restore not a factory restore. You go back say 5 days before the problem started heres how.

System Recovery Options

System Restore

You also might want to try a sfc sacn heres how...

System Files - SFC Command

1. Click start...
2. Type: cmd
3. Right click cmd.exe and run as administrator.
4. When the command box appears next to the flashing cursor then type: sfc /scannow, notice there is a space between the sfc and the forward slash. After you have run the sfc if there are any errors then run it 3 more times as it repairs more each time.

Please keep us informed as to the results...

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/291827-system-event-notification.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I keep getting the error message when the computer is starting up "Can't connect to system event notification service". As a result I'm unable to get online.

I've tried to restart it in system maintenance but all options of starting, stopping, or restarting are grayed out. The same for my DHCP clinet.

The only thing that I have been able to do that works is going to the command promt as admin and doing "NETSH WINSOCK RESET CATALOG".

My computer has been super slow lately and when booting up it goes to a black screen that sits forever in between the welcome screen and when my desktop acutally comes up.

Please let me know what to do to fix this problem.

I'm running Vista Home Premium.

A:System Event Notification Issues

<<...starting up "Can't connect to system even notification service". As a result...>>

I think you meant "system event notification service" .

http://carbonize.co.uk/wp/2009/02/15/system-event-notification-service-not-starting-on-vista/

http://www.techmalaya.com/2009/01/26/fix-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-error-windows-vista/

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367975/system-event-notification-issues/
Relevancy 73.1%

i want to degrade my windows 7 t0 windows xp service pack3.
please help me.
thanks

A:how to degrade windows 7 professional to windows xp service pack3

see the following for the rules and the steps to downgrade.

Understanding Downgrade Rights

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-degrade-windows-7-professional-to-windows-xp-service-pack3-543978.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Microsoft is launching Windows 7 by hosting free events in major cities in the USA.
Sign up for an event in a city near you, attend the event, and receive Windows 7 Professional.
To register, click on the Attend An Event Near You link at the site, pick a city and follow the directions to registe

http://www.microsoft.com/business/thenewefficiency/default.aspx

Amber

A:Get Windows 7 Professional Free By Attending Launch Event (US Only)

Believe we started this thread somewhere else already.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/get-windows-7-professional-free-by-attending-launch-event-us-only.855232/
Relevancy 73.1%

Guys, am lost with so many items fail's as you know-this, I got so many...
I have posted attachments of error's...
Windows 7 Home Professional x64 Bite.

Could you please help me out, thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/390597-windows-7-home-professional-event-viewer-fail.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I am logged on as administrator.  Usin Win7 Ultimate 32 bit.  can not start Event Log service.  Any suggestions?

A:Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Compurter. Error 5: Access is denied

Hi Bob,

This issue can be caused due to the incorrect permission settings for the administrators group.

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. In the "Start" menu, locate "Command Prompt". Right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Type the following commands, then press "Enter" to execute them one by one. Please note the space before the command and its parameter.

takeown /f C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup
cacls C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup /G administrators:F

3.   Restart the computer to check the issue.

What’s the result?Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44479c49-55e6-4bd7-b25e-3f2a6497306e/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-event-log-service-on-local-compurter-error-5-access-is-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 72.67%

Everyday when I log on to my laptop it will say:

"Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

But when I go to click on it nothing happens, also my computer has been slow and I have been having problems getting on the internet. My internet will either freeze up or stop working also the sounds for logging on or off have been slow too. I am using micorsoft security essentials which I have used to try to see if there is a virus but it comes back clean.

My laptop is a Pavillion dv5.

A:Failed to conntect to system event notification.

Please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

Do you have SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes? If not, they are highly recommended here and compliment your Anti-Virus program.

http://superantispyware.com/ Choose the FREE version, and decline any toolbars etc., included in the download packages. Check for updates before doing a Quick scan.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...=dl&tag=button Choose the FREE version, and decline any toolbars etc., included in the download packages. Check for updates before doing a Quick scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-conntect-to-system-event-notification.1068369/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys This error started happening only on computers with installed The original RTM of Windows doesn't do this nor do Windows and I tried some Google searches but all I see are relevant to or not Windows It must have been something changed between RTM and that did it too Anyway This only happens once but let me explain When I refurbish computers for our employees I wipe the hard drive completely either diskpart quot clean quot via the recovery shell or using DBAN to wipe the partition table if I can't get into WinRE I then boot it up using network boot We have a System with Notification errors Event logins domain Windows Deployment Services server set up so we can install Windows using PXE I put the Windows Enterprise Version wim in there and it installs fine After install I make a local account make sure the drivers get installed automatically so far it's been auto-magic for all our hardware even NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards install antivirus MS Office and whatever special software that employee System Event Notification errors with domain logins would need and then I name the machine and put it on the domain To prevent extra crap from being created in C System Event Notification errors with domain logins Users System Event Notification errors with domain logins and in the registry I don't log in with a domain account I let the employees do that themselves The first time any domain account tries to log in it errors after about seconds with Code Windows couldn't connect to the System Event Notification Service service Please consult your system administrator If they put their password in again it goes through and all the initial settings are applied from our Group Policy Objects I noticed that if I log in as an account which is a Domain Administrator and via our GPOs is also added to the Administrators group on the machine I don't get that error It only shows up for quot normal quot users which are not part of admins Nothing critical by any means as it will always work on the second try but I'm really curious why it happens at all What service is it even trying to connect to The fact it happens on literally every computer it even happens in VMWare images which I've done to test GPO settings would imply it's not a problem with a particular machine rather something in our domain Or it's possible there's a GPO that was set years ago for Windows that didn't cause any detrimental effects until now I'd be happy to provide diagnostic debug stuff just tell me what you need and I'll try it in one of my VMs

A:System Event Notification errors with domain logins

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36700-system-event-notification-errors-domain-logins.html
Relevancy 71.38%

The exact details are Log Name:      Application
Source:        SideBySide
Date:          9/23/2015 1:28:53 PM
Event ID:      80
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Angela-PC
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Slingplayer Desktop\Slingplayer Desktop.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component
version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_fa3b1e3d17594757.manifest. Component 2: C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_41e855142bd5705d.manifest.

if someone can help with this error in my event log i would be so grateful.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5869722-266d-464f-b50d-4533d5044af2/windows-operating-system-version-61760016385-event-id-80-event-source-sidebyside?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 71.38%

received three error codes in a row with the following error message:Windows Operating System; Version: 6.1.7600.16385; Event ID: 11; Event Source: Disk, what do i do i need help please.........
HP,WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM

A:Windows Operating System; Version: 6.1.7600.16385; Event ID: 11; Event Source: Disk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-operating-system-version-6-1-7600-16385-event-id-11-event-source-disk.924498/
Relevancy 71.38%

Good Evening My PC is steadily failing 1003 - System Windows (102) ID - OS Event Event Category Error with a variety of blue screen errors - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer PHIL-E A E C F Description Error code a System Error - Event Category (102) - Event ID 1003 Windows OS parameter f parameter ff parameter parameter f Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d a Param eters c f ff c c f ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer PHIL-E A E C F Description Error code parameter e parameter parameter parameter Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters e c c c ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer PHIL-E A E C F Description Error code parameter parameter a d bd parameter parameter Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters c a d bd c c ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Any advice guidance available in terms of what the problem is from these errors Thanks in advance nbsp

A:System Error - Event Category (102) - Event ID 1003 Windows OS

are these errors occurring out of the blue or do they happen when you run certain things? did you recently install new drivers or updates? posting the full specs of your machine and which operating system would also be helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-error-event-category-102-event-id-1003-windows-os.154525/
Relevancy 71.38%

So basically my pc restarts whenever it wants its getting really annoying, it comes up with serious error and it either says its device drivers or ram, but ive tested my ram with the windows diag and mem test with no errors, and ive updated all my drivers, so im not sure, any help would be muchly appreciated,

this is from the event viewer, ill have to post a copy of my next serious error report and anything else that would be helpful, thanks and plz plz plz help

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 4/21/2007
Time: 2:34:13 AM
User: N/A
Computer: EZMIKE
Description:
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 805607c5, parameter3 f3283a84, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 38 1000008
0020: 65 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d e Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 63 30 eters c0
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 35 2c 20 000005,
0038: 38 30 35 36 30 37 63 35 805607c5
0040: 2c 20 66 33 32 38 33 61 , f3283a
0048: 38 34 2c 20 30 30 30 30 84, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

A:System Error - Event Category (102) - Event ID 1003 Windows OS

got these last 4 minidumps too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-error-event-category-102-event-id-1003-windows-os.75647/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys My dad passed away about years ago and left behind his old PC which he service Windows Professional XP 1a pack originally had XP home on found disks and he seems to have upgraded it to XP professional cant find disks for My step mum kept hold of the PC for years and hasn t been touched until i brought it home I know my way around a PC but I am no where near an expert on these things so please speak in as simple terms as possible As far as I can work out I cant upgrade any programmes Windows XP Professional service pack 1a on the machine Windows XP Professional service pack 1a without getting kernel dll errors and I cant install any programs as all the programs requires service pack Now i am on XP professional service pack a win from what I can figure out I have tried on two occasion to download what I thought was the correct service pack file to no avail last one i didn t realise was an x version and hadn t spotted it Anyhow why do i want to go to all this bother well my dad was a photographer and he has literally s negatives and slides and before he died he started to scan them on using a special machine now call me sentimental but i want to finish the job he started using his original equipment Now I need to update the service pack so I can update the browsers etc etc The machine will mostly not be on the internet except to update essential files as i am aware of the security risks Would you be able to point me in the right direction regarding links to the correct service packs Could anyone help Thanks Nicky x nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Windows XP x64 Professional Service pack 2, where?

Where can I download it? I tried the obvious choice of googling, but did not find ...

A:Windows XP x64 Professional Service pack 2, where?

sorry i search feverlishly and a all cpold find with download loads from 3rd parties and you dont want that!  i wanted xp sp 3 after i found a  re stallation hidden on the hd on my xp machine partition when i tried to put Linux on that xp machine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616500/windows-xp-x64-professional-service-pack-2-where/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Team,

Can any body help me out on the error. While i am working any window like IE google chrome mostly or any explorer suddently its showing error like Windows Explorer has stop working. there are two option one restrt the program another is check online solution and restart the program.

Please help me out this is coming frequently.

A:Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-professional-service-pack-1-a-738338.html
Relevancy 70.95%

We have a dell inspiron 8100 with windows xp professional that has been updated with service pack 2. We got the computer from our in-laws and don't have the original windows disks - they got rid of them at some point. How can I install service pack 3 without the original disks? I have tried to install it, but the update get's to a point and asks to insert the windows disk which I don't have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Windows XP Professional service pack 3

Are you using Windows Update or the standalone file? You can get the standalone install package here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-professional-service-pack-3-a-417325.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have been putting off upgrading to Service Pack 3 on the computer I have that runs XP Pro because I heard that when this service pack was first released that it was a bug ridden bete noire for computers running an AMD chip. My computer is running an AMD Phenom II X4 940 processor and I was wondering if it would be safe to upgrade to Service Pack 3 after all of this time and finally get Windows Update to quit pestering me!

A:Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 Question...

Well first you can read this article by our own quietman7: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146857/windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3-information/ =============Second yes it is safe for you to upgrade to SP3 as many of those problems have been addressed and it is now safe for most if not all computers just make sure you are free of malware this upgrade is known to cause problems if it is installed while you are infected with malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327457/windows-xp-professional-service-pack-3-question/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Samsung R509 Laptop.

Recently the Windows Audio service has stopped running and when clicking the audio icon a troubleshooting window just opens which says it cannot fix the problem.

I have tried several fixes such as the MSISERVER cmd fix, all to not avail.

When I go in to services and try and run either Windows Audio or Windows Audio End Point I get this error.

A:Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Audio Service Error

Hello alexfer and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry you're having these issues.

You might want to read through this Microsoft article and follow the suggetions given.

No sound in Windows

Microsoft also has another article, "Tips for fixing common sound problems". There's a Fix it" button but use caution before using it. The article was originally prepared for Vista and should work for Windows 7 but I'd create a System Restore point just in case.

Tips for fixing common sound problems

System Restore Point - Create

System Restore

Some other things that could affect your audio include which antivirus you're using, any recent Windows Updates, and malware. You could also try running a full scan with Free Malwarebytes. It picks up things other products miss. Update the database before running.

Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/190628-windows-7-professional-64-bit-audio-service-error.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Okay I ve just become a member today and I have a standalone office computer that pack Windows 3 Professional service XP 2002 is running very slow and sluggish I m considered pretty computer literate so in most cases I m able to fix most of the computers issues myself Yesterday I thought the first thing to be done was remove some of the programs that are installed that we no longer use For instance I removed the google toolbar and the Windows XP Professional 2002 service pack 3 msn toolbar I also removed an old Canon printer program because we have a newer HP printer I removed some of the HP printer programs we have never accessed as well I did a disk cleanup and removed the temporary internet files and the browsing history Now I am ready to do the Disk Defragment but every time I get the progam openned and click on defragment or analize an error message with the red button and an X through it comes up and the message reads quot Disk Defragment does not start quot I tried rebooting the system but nothing worked I also went to Microsoft Windows but there wasn t any solutions for my problem I did a internet search and I read about various fixes but none were for this particular error message I tried opening it from several locations on my C drive but every time the same error appeared I browsed to see if there was a download to reinstall the Disk defragment file but to no avail Is there someone with a solution to this error I think if we could defrag the C drive most of the problems with the programs loading slowly would run better The computer information is Intel R Pentium R CTU GHZ GHZ megabite of RAM

A:Windows XP Professional 2002 service pack 3

You may be able to do a repair. Do you have a Windows XP Pro install CD?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190280/windows-xp-professional-2002-service-pack-3/
Relevancy 70.09%

Help!...I am trying to clean up an older Windows XP Professional computer with service pack 3 using combofix...It really needs combofix since it has been used on Limewire and places like that to download lots of music for many years...But combofix will not run on it...I have run Malwarebytes aleady...But I need to run combofix!...

Please give me any advice you can!...

A:Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 and Combofix...

Follow the guidance at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .
ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475843/windows-xp-professional-with-service-pack-3-and-combofix/
Relevancy 69.66%

Does anyone know how to disable Printing notification pop up, after a user prints a document?

I have search Microsoft for this, but whatever they have posted - did not work.

any suggestions.

Please and Thanks.

A:[Solved] Disabling Printing Notification/ Messenger service - Windows 2000

DimensionX said:

Does anyone know how to disable Printing notification pop up, after a user prints a document?

I have search Microsoft for this, but whatever they have posted - did not work.

any suggestions.

Please and Thanks.Click to expand...
This may be what you are looking for ( Shoot the Messenger ). In any event there is some other nice stuff at this site.
http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disabling-printing-notification-messenger-service-windows-2000.271666/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi

I have an Active Directory Domain with Win2008R2 DCs and Win7 clients.
From about 2 months ago some of my clients complain about time of the system which is behind the DC time.
When I nailed the problem I noticed permissions of folder
"C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\wmi\RtBackup" folder is the key to the problem. Group 'System' should have access to this folder and

based on some unknown reasons this permission is deleted.
Because of this permission problem, 'Windows Event Log' service is stopped either.
When I correct the permission and reboot the clients, every thing works fine.

Do you know what is causing this problem? What is changing permissions of RtBackup folder?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9b94ddad-5cc1-4859-9ec9-d8d6c6b38dd8/windows-event-log-service-crash?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 69.23%

So I ve had a bit of trouble lately with gaming applications and crashes Some of the applications work fine in fact most work just fine Occasionally I will get a blue screen on the demo for Windows Service Professional Pack error XP 3 with Bugcheck FIFA PC The reason I am posting this here and not a FIFA forum is that this error is recurring from the past and occasionally appears in other applications too It should be noted my specs are single core and the requirements want dual core However I have been able to sneak by the requirement in the past for other games such as GTA IV and MLB k by putting graphics on low or medium and not maxing anything out Neither game really has trouble But the Bugcheck error with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 FIFA demo is the most troublesome of all This demo gives me frequent blue errors whenever I play The blue error involves a Paged Fault in Non Paged area I don t have a clue what this means I have had issues with this error before in the past Previously I had attempted chkdsk to attempt to fix memory and rectify the issue The problem was dormant for a while but with the FIFA demo it has erupted in full force I will run the application and it will work fine but at times it will just go to blue screen in game Other times it will blue screen after I alt tab One thing in common the computer is a bit slower before the blue screen crashes the computer which leads me to believe this may be a memory issue I am strongly suspicious my computer cannot run this game but just to make sure what advice would you give to rectify this issue The specs are as follows Processor AMD Athlon Processor Ghz RAM gigs Video Card Nvidia GT Here is the bugcheck log The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x xb f d x x a x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Any advice you can give would be appreciated thanks

A:Bugcheck error with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

Download and execute Blue Screen View.When it's displaying the logs:1. Click Edit -> Select All2. Click File -> Save Selected Options and save it to your Desktop as "BSOD.TXT".Double click the BSOD.TXT file on your Desktop and copy and paste it's contents into your next post so we can get more information about your crash history.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350294/bugcheck-error-with-windows-xp-professional-service-pack-3/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello Internet browsing is impossible on this computer Symptoms include very slow boot up time crashing freezing my computer I just got hijackthis and hope you can find a solution Thank ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files NETGEAR WNA WifiSvc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched Windows 3 2002 XP Professional pack service issues exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files NETGEAR WNA Windows XP Professional 2002 service pack 3 issues WNA exe C Documents and Settings David Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go Windows XP Professional 2002 service pack 3 issues microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - - D - D- -AC - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - F BDB FA- E F- EF - C- F C - no file O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run sysrest exe C WINDOWS system sysrest exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run WatchDog C Program Files InterVideo DVD Check DVDCheck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run CCleaner Monitoring quot C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe quot MONITOR O - Global Startup DVD Check lnk C Program Files InterVideo DVD Check DVDCheck exe O - Global Startup NETGEAR WNA Genie lnk O - Extra button Research - b - cc- c -b be- c c a - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -B... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-professional-2002-service-pack-3-issues.1151147/
Relevancy 69.23%

I purchased a "working" laptop and when I turn in on it says please insert the compact disc labeled "wondows xp professional service pack 2 cd" into your cd-rom drive and click ok. I cant do anything else. the person I got it from said he didnt have the #2 cd so to uninstall it and then he gave he windows millennium editon to install. I cant uninstall and need help please. thank you, Amber

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys,

I've installed windows xp professional 64bit edition on one of my older PC. The problem is that when I wanted to install service pack 2, I got an error message that it is for a different hardware platform! I turned the download and install updates and it seems to have downloaded the updates but it is not installing anything! Also it is showing 511 of RAM when in fact I have 2 GB of RAM. Will appreciate your help.

A:Windows XP Professional 64bit edition service pack 1

Reseed the memory then...

Please preform a MemTest86+ test using this guide here:

How to perform a MemTest86+ Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-professional-64bit-edition-service-pack-1-a-924130.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Please help!

For quite a while now my windows update has failed at installing Windows updates and the service pack 1. I tried a while ago and gave up, I need some help. Here are the updates:

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2454826)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2484033)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2522422)
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)

and here is the error I get:

800B0100

I have installed Hotfix for Windows (KB947821) and that didn't solve the problem.

Any advice?

A:Windows updates/service pack 1 won't install (Win 7 Professional x64)

Oh, and here is the CheckSUR log if that is helpful:
=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
Package Version 12.0
2011-06-10 05:39

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_1_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\Package_1_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_2_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\Package_2_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_4_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\Package_4_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_5_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\Package_5_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2522422_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2522422_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2522422_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2522422_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\b872961d0d4a44fa0900ba6f89c5ea8f480dff41a8ec3208411d489edf1c3636.cat 27628308773..8cc83276f93_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16779_29f7e5774313f2ea
(fix) CSI Catalog Corrupt CSI File Replaced Deleted CatalogThumbprint
(f) CSI Manifest All Zeros 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-printing-xpsprint_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16779_none_ab8851f9729322c8.manifest x86_microsoft-windows-printing-xpsprint_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16779_none_ab8851f9729322c8
(f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\576518443b996ef40c478fe55bd4277feaff1b8a98a6cfd30895bfafece17b51.cat d3fdaae0c6f..bcaf404be4f_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20862_605170e2e33cebab
(fix) CSI Catalog Corrupt CSI File Replaced Deleted CatalogThumbprint
(f) CSI Manifest All Zeros 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-upnpcontrolpoint_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20862_none_8f60a34863824938.manifest amd64_microsoft-windows-upnpcontrolpoint_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20862_none_8f60a34863824938
(fix) CSI Manifest All Zeros CSI File Replaced File: amd64_microsoft-windows-upnpcontrolpoint_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20862_none_8f60a34863824938.manifest From: C:\Windows\CheckSur\v1.0\windows6.1-servicing-x64-apr29.cab
(f) CSI Manifest All Zeros 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-upnpcontrolpoint_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20862_none_334207c4ab24d802.manifest x86_microsoft-windows-upnpcontrolpoint_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20862_none_334207c4ab24d802
(fix) CSI Manifest All Zeros CSI File Replaced File: x86_microsoft-windows-upnpcontrolpoint_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20862_none_334207c4ab24d802.manifest From: C:\Windows\CheckSur\v1.0\windows6.1-servicing-x64-apr29.cab
(f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\184c7f07765042bdd13402b3f814fca5bbf9692fa5e0adf8ab2e0836869b1d61.cat 8b41c635528..154fd393b7f_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.20923_2810cc14965fd5f7
(fix) CSI Catalog Corrupt CSI File Replaced ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270829-windows-updates-service-pack-1-wont-install-win-7-professional-x64.html
Relevancy 69.23%

here is a copy of the System info , please anyhelp would be much appreciated

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, x86 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 81933 MB, Free - 34172 MB; D: Total - 156539 MB, Free - 93878 MB; G: Total - 194426 MB, Free - 117909 MB; H: Total - 953634 MB, Free - 352791 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M2N-E
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-xp-professional-service-pack-3-slow-help.1163409/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello Members!Please refer to the attached Pictorial description, & help assess the background System service/services causing this Notification window to pop-up during System startup albeit once!Yes the "Security Center" service has been set to >Manual< & even my User-account control associated notifications have also been set to >Never-Notify<...then which else Service can be held responsible for prompting such a message? This message is shortlived & pops-up from the extreme right hand corner of the taskbar & then disappears after a few seconds!Thankfully, this do not returns until the PC is turned ON again!Which service could be defying the 'No Notification' as set within the User Accounts Control settings?Help will be sincerely appreciated.Thank you.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157737.0.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hiya

This white paper provides information about the communication that flows between components in Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (SP1) and sites on the Internet, and how to limit, control, or prevent that communication in an organization with many users. The white paper is designed to help you, the administrator, plan strategies for deploying and maintaining Windows XP Professional SP1 in a way that provides an appropriate level of security for your organizationís networked assets
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP

Minimum Requirements - Microsoft Word Reader

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...17-5170-498f-a383-bd967794edfd&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-microsoft-windows-xp-professional-with-service-pack-1-in-a-managed-environment.113769/
Relevancy 68.37%

i downloaded a valid copy of Windows from DreamSpark And Now Activation failing - Please help me out of the problem Thank You -------------------------------------------------------------- Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -KPF W-JPDGC-THMBH Windows Product Key Hash h wi odtv sQd o f kaHunR FI Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID DEE BBC - BF- A -A - E AA ECD Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Activation Service Failed- DreamSpark with 7 Windows 32/64-bit Pack 1 Professional Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp rtm - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER DreamSpark Activation Failed- Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 32/64-bit Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt DEE BBC - BF- A -A - E AA ECD lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -THMBH lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HuronRiver Platform lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt CN WW lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Arab Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt LENOVO lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt CB- nbsp nbsp lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt nbsp Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R RETAIL channel Activation ID c e de - c - -ad d- f b e Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key THMBH License Status Initial grace period Time remaining minute s day s Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time AM ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aea089ae-438c-4d79-bdae-f854f3996b8d/dreamspark-activation-failed-windows-7-professional-with-service-pack-1-3264bit?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everybody My PC infect Generic dx I used MCfee tool but it couldn t remove all I found HijackThis tool and took to Generic.dx on help XP remove me Service 2 Windows Professional trojan pack Please log file but I don t know how to analyze it please kindly help me The log file is shown below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Program Files BitKinex bitkinexsvc exe Please help me to remove Generic.dx trojan on Windows XP Professional Service pack 2 C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data DatacardService DCService exe C Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise EngineServer exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Common Files WinAgents TftpService exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C Please help me to remove Generic.dx trojan on Windows XP Professional Service pack 2 WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer update realsched exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Program Files UniKey UniKey exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Lingoes Translator Lingoes exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http codecs r org R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook u... Read more

A:Please help me to remove Generic.dx trojan on Windows XP Professional Service pack 2

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth Code, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create a FULL OTL ReportPlease download OTL from here:
Main MirrorMirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the i... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404547/please-help-me-to-remove-genericdx-trojan-on-windows-xp-professional-service-pack-2/
Relevancy 68.37%

im having no end of problems with my laptop i updated to service pack 3 as normall and since then my computer boots up then decides not to work anymore and takes forever to get on what u want., i need help quickly

A:windows xp professional service pack 3 constant freezing after boot up

The SP3 upgrade for Windows XP was released in May 2008 - over 4 years ago.

Why have you just now installed it?

-------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-professional-service-pack-3-constant-freezing-after-boot-up.1060846/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey guys, i installed new window but i have no option for wireless connection, my network and sharing only showing me connect by wire but i want to connect with wireless, i have checked button on keyboard , i have tried to setup wireless connection,but it does'nt show any wireless connection,in network and sharing there is only one network which is by ethernal wire one, i checked wireless manager as well. Please help me out thank u

A:cant connect wireless windows 7 professional

Check control panel / device manager and see if the wireless adapter is listed and in order.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373780-cant-connect-wireless-windows-7-professional.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Okay, I am a pretty technical user, and I am really struggling with this issue, and I wasn't 100% sure which section to post this in. I used to share videos over my network with multiple xboxs and a ps3. I recently installed Norton Internet Security on my system, and after doing so, I was not able to stream videos anymore. I tried changing firewall settings, and permissions and such, but could not get it to work, so I uninstalled NIS from my system. After doing so, the Windows 7 firewall service will not start. If i look at the event log, it gives me Event ID 7024 : The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error Access is denied.. I have run the norton removal tool, and this has not fixed the problem.

A:Windows 7 firewall service will not start. Event ID 7024

I solved the problem! I followed the instructions here.
Windows Firewall damaged by &#39;Windows 7 antivirus 2012&#39;

Sorry to bother you guys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249192-windows-7-firewall-service-will-not-start-event-id-7024-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

This spreadsheet lists Group Policy settings described in Administrative Template (.adm) files and Security Settings that shipped with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

Group Policy infrastructure

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...c0-19b9-4acc-b5be-9b7dab13108e&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/group-policy-settings-reference-for-windows-xp-professional-service-pack-2.292112/
Relevancy 67.94%

-Zip Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Reader XI CCleaner Compatibility Pack for the Office system CyberLink DVD Suite Diskeeper Home Edition Facebook Video Calling GOM Player Google Update Helper HijackThis Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v iBall Face Face Webcam C Idea Net Setter Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Internet Download Manager Java Update JavaFX Microsoft NET Framework Microsoft Indic startup 2002 service 3 professional pack slowl windows xp version Language Input Tool for Hindi Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 3 slowl startup Pack Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack Microsoft Office Professional Edition Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft VC CRT SP x Mozilla Firefox x en-US MSVC x v MSVC windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 3 slowl startup x Nero Essentials neroxml Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver Nokia Suite Nokia Suite PC Connectivity Solution Quick Heal Total Security Quick Heal Total Security REALTEK GbE amp FE Ethernet PCI-E NIC Driver Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Update for Windows XP KB Winamp Windows Internet Explorer Windows Media Format runtime Windows Media Format runtime Windows Media Player Windows Media Player Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin WinRAR -bit nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

When I connect to the network I receive BSOD on Win when connect BSOD Windows on professional to 7 I network professional -bit SP If I plug out my ethernet cable the windows are working fine - as soon as I plug in the cable I receive BSOD with Bug Check code x c - DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL BlueScreenView software claims it s caused by driver ntosrnl exe and caused by address ntoskrnl exe cc Here are things I already tried so far without luck - tested ram memtest as well as win internal memory test it s fine - updated ethernet card driver - changed ethernet card with a new one - disabled my antivirus software Avast - uninstalled my antivirus software - restored windows using system restore to different restore points one even months old - chkdsk it s fine - googled everything regarding this issue most users found solution that it was antivirus issue but not here since I unistalled it already The thing is that this also happens if I boot into quot safe mode with networking quot while plain quot safe mode quot works fine As soon as computer finishes booting I get blue screen You can find my minidump attached Has anybody any clue nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I Professional Windows to to connect Laptop XP failing using NAS have a HP Laptop which has a built wireless aerial and a ethernet port which runs Windows XP Professional However I am having massive problems trying to get it to connect to my Western Digital White Light Network Storage Device The NAS is connected to my Netgear ADSL Switch Router Now I know there is nothing wrong with the NAS and router because my main Desktop PC can see the NAS and I can access through its wired connection Further I have pinged the router wirelessly from my laptop and I am Laptop failing to connect to NAS using Windows XP Professional getting a Laptop failing to connect to NAS using Windows XP Professional reply and I have also pinged the NAS on what I believe is its IP Address which is replying My trouble begins when I go to start run and I type in the IP Address with IP Address and it says that the network path cannot be found Further when I click on My Network Connections the NAS is not visible and when select quot set up a small home office network quot this does not make the connection either I have turned off the Firewall but this has made no difference There are two possible reasons I believe is going on Laptop failing to connect to NAS using Windows XP Professional - either there is something wrong with my laptop or must be doing something wrong I have tried getting help from Western Digital themselves and they cannot help me Can anyone please help me nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

hello guys please kindly help me I can't operating my laptop because my home screen always in safe mode I'm not choosing safe mode it just suddenly like that and I can't klik my computer when I clik that just show quot the server process could not be started because identity bla quot Windows connect to service, to Failed could a windows not connect see the picture I get logged in I am Administrator but Failed to connect to a windows service, Windows could not connect many things are wrong -- No Aero Only basic gray Windows -style GUI -- No networking -- A balloon message is shown in tray Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the User Profile Service service This problem prevents standard users from from logging on to the system -- Almost nothing works Attempts to start Explorer causes this error message EXPLORER EXE The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect Check the username and password what can I do to get my windows normally and please don't give me any ways that I can lost my data in local disk D I just lost my data in my HD and I don't wanna lost my data in my laptop too

A:Failed to connect to a windows service, Windows could not connect

Hi Xiulie,
can you navigate to this location, see screenshot (bottom line), and copy paste yours please.

i strongly suspect you have been infected

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398765-failed-connect-windows-service-windows-could-not-connect.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Basic Info about my Computer:
Windows 7 Home Service Pack x64
The original installed OS on the laptop
OEM (came pre-installed)
The laptop was first booted in August 2010
I haven't reinstalled the OS

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 00000028
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800194CB2C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111211-18454-01.dmp
C:\Users\Venom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60481-0.sysdata.xml

I followed all the BSOD Posting instructions too, everything should be in order. Please let me know when the fix is available, I really appreciate all the help and work everyone has put in. Thanks!

A:Problem Event Name: BlueScreen windows 7 Home Service Pack 64x

Quote: Originally Posted by vibasu

Basic Info about my Computer:
Windows 7 Home Service Pack x64
The original installed OS on the laptop
OEM (came pre-installed)
The laptop was first booted in August 2010
I haven't reinstalled the OS

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 00000028
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800194CB2C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111211-18454-01.dmp
C:\Users\Venom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60481-0.sysdata.xml

I followed all the BSOD Posting instructions too, everything should be in order. Please let me know when the fix is available, I really appreciate all the help and work everyone has put in. Thanks!

Blamed on Netio.sys, it usually means your malware app. I would remove McAffe and replace with Microsot Security essentials at least to test.

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

The BCC suggests
Best advice that I've seen about this error (from here: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post356791 )

Quote:
What you're looking for will be in one of the following categories:

a) BIOS bug
b) a driver whose activity is causing the target processor to lock up
c) a hardware defect (temperature, voltage, dust, RFI, outright borkedness...)

So, check the drivers
Then check the inside of the case (temperature, voltage, dust, etc).
Then run some hardware stress tests

Quote:
Try this free video stress test: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
Try this free stress test: Free Software - GIMPS

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Then try replacing parts.
Then look up the versions of your BIOS to see what changes were done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197072-problem-event-name-bluescreen-windows-7-home-service-pack-64x.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am a computer novice.
I have a Dell XPS, used by 4 family members. I am the administrator. The other 3 are Standard users. The all worked fine on Wndows 8.
It came with Windows 8. I was offered free upgrade to Windows 10 by Microsoft and agreed. A little Windows sign told me it was ready and I clicked it. An hour later I had Windows 10 (Home). All working great.
Next time I signed in it came up with the subject message above. Meaning that my other family members can't sign in.
I have seen lots of posts where this happened on Windows 7 & 8 upgrades, but nothing on Windows 10
Srangely, at the same time Google Chrome stopped loading up and I don't seem to be be able to access Microsoft on the web. Not sure if that is anything to do with the same problem.

Can anyone help me?

A:WINDOWS 10 : Windows cannot connect to the Group Policy Client service

I've had this problem as well. When I was running windows 8 this helped
He's done a video for windows 10 but the fix isn't working on my machine this time.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19648439
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

My Windows 7 laptop (3,5 yo) has very slow booting time. After that, a message popped up in my screen:

Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevent standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.

And my laptop become very slow

What I've done:
1. Run Malware cleaner. Result : OK
2. Run Tune Up Utilities. Result : OK . Any problems I've fixed it up but the error message still pop up on the next boot.
3. Check the "service.msc". Result: System Event Notification run by automatic.

Thank you for your help. 

A:Windows 7 runs very slow: Failed to connect to a windows service.

Let's try looking at these reports:
1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587187/windows-7-runs-very-slow-failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service/
Relevancy 66.65%

I just installed windows xp professional with sp2 on my gf's older computer . She has a hp pavilion thats pretty new and her cable modem works fine with it. I have a sony vaio that works fine with the cable modem both of these computers are newer. The one I installed xp pro on is a hp pavilion a210n . Do I have to change the ethernet card to something newer for the cable modem to connect? It has a realtek RTL 8139 family pci fast ethernet NIC version is 5.398.613.2003 says driver is from 7/1/2001 . I have no idea if this card is fine then what troubleshooting methods should I do to find out the problem. This computer is for her son to use the internet for school/ games just trying to make it work without buying a new one. Thanx for any help. If I didnt supply enough information ask and I will reply as soon as I can.

A:Solved: Windows Xp Professional installed cannot connect to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-professional-installed-cannot-connect-to-the-internet.570299/
Relevancy 66.22%

Whenever i turn on PC ,i get a notification "Failed to connect to a windows servicewindows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client Service.This problem prevents standard users from signing in.Asan administrative user" During this issues can't able to open google chrome,windows updating problem,when i right click on the video folder, only round circle is rotating constantly.How to fix this problem PLEASE HELP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-and-windows-update/td-p/5674150
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys I attempted to give as detailed information as possible Not positive Windows to Issues Mix Windows & Other to Connect Service of Failed where my problems arise from if its malware or windows acting funky If its in the incorrect place I Windows Failed to Connect to Windows Service & Mix of Other Issues apologize Two days ago I turned on my computer and after logging into my user account system admin acct Vista displayed only a black screen and my cursor I restarted my PC and this time made it to the desktop However upon reaching the desktop I was greeted by a pop-up Windows Failed to Connect to Windows Service & Mix of Other Issues message from my Kaspersky Internet Security suite that some parts of the program were unable to start I opened the I S suite and practically everything was disabled I was then greeted by an error message from Kaspersky that said this Previous application launch failed Information about the application state at the moment when the error occurred as been logged Description is contained in the files specified below If such cases occur frequently you are advised to contact Kaspersky lab Tech support service Size mb Traffic approx k File System information Size mb Traffic mb File C ProgramData Kaspersky Lab AVP SRV full dmp Size mb Traffic kb File - C ProgramData Kaspersky Lab AVP SRV mini dmp Size kb Traffic kb File - C ProgramData Kaspersky Lab AVP SRV tiny dmp I know this is the Windows Vista support forum and here is why I posted in this subforum After doing another reboot of my PC and making it to the desktop I noticed my PC was acting VERY SLOW I opened up task manager and noticed that my CPU was running at with one or two processes only saying they were using like - of my CPU No programs were running My first gut instinct screams a virus but I am usually very responsible and have learned from past experiences how to avoid potentially dangerous online behaviors I then received a new error message on another reboot This time the error seems to stem from Windows It says the following Windows Help and Support Help and Support was not able to start For more information contact your system admin or visit windowshelp microsoft com I also got this message yesterday Failed to Connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an admin user you can review the System Even Log for details about why the service didn't respond Also my PC is unable to load windows sidebar or connect to a network Connect to a Network is unable to locate any of the surrounding networks in my area atleast should show I receive these Window error messages if I boot into safe mode as well Also I have attempted to run a virus scan but Kaspersky will not run It will not run in safe mode either I receive a pop-up box from Kaspersky stating that I can not run a scan while in safe mode I hope I have posted this in the correct forum I apologize if it needs to be moved My gut tells me my issue roots from Vista and not a virus anymore System Information Windows Vista Home Premium bit with Service Pack installed and all the latest automatic updates No new software installed Kaspersky Internet Security suite installed Unable to run virus scan either because of PC freeze or Kasp not letting me run a scan since the issue began So far I have attempted and failed to run a virus scan using my installed Security suite I have cleared out all internet files from Internet Explorer and Firefox I am unable to do much more as the PC is very unresponsive at times

Relevancy 66.22%

I got a windows 10 upgrade a few weeks ago. now I am getting this message "failed to connect to a windows service" and nothing work, not Chrom not email not anything....

A:Windows 10 error - Failed to connect to a windows service

Actually email works intermittently. But Chrome won't work.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-error-failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service/121.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This has been popping up for weeks now I have tried winsock reset, I have tried windows start reload. I am at a loss. I had it once before and I went back to previous update and it cleared up. Then was back about two months later. Makes boot up really long and shut down sometimes won't work.

Hope this picture helps. Thanks for any help :)

A:windows 7 error failed to connect to a windows service

Check out the fix from MS, Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-error-failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-967673.html
Relevancy 65.79%

!!! LOOK, WARNING, WATCH OUT, HEY YOU !!!! WARNING: Event ID 4001, WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped. The operative word there being "successfully ", and the stupidity on a Microsoft Developers part being; if it's stopped successfully they why the ____ does it mess up my event log with a warning flag? I get fed up of this garbage. Isn't this why Vista failed so badly? You'd think Microsoft would learn.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8e71fa0d-8547-45c4-9fb1-39046dce2757/stupid-windows-7-event-id-4001-wlan-autoconfig-service-has-successfully-stopped?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 65.79%

Have found the following error in the Event Viewer relating to VSS, ID 8194 when made back up the system Windows 8.1 partition to an image file with OneKey recovery Lenovo program :
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.
Operation:
Gathering Writer Data
Context:
Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
Writer Name: System Writer
Writer Instance ID:{7382df8f-c426-4940-a8bf-24d4ee707cf3}
I would appreciate some advices how to fix it.
Thanks and best regards,
Ewa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d925199-36eb-4b4d-9b8e-d0535a999cee/volumine-shadow-copy-service-error-id-8194-in-the-event-viewer-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi There--please be patient with me this is the first time i have ever tried to post on forum sites My computer has recently been playing up at the startup I keep getting the Vista notifcation service event system above notices and my computer will not connect to the internet--I have only been able to connect by turning the computer Vista system event notifcation service back by doing a system restore I have as you instructed run the tool as posted the information below I am not very techhy so any instructions to help could they be made simple basically and idiots guide Hopefully i have done this alright for you --dont know what these tags things are for a bottom of post so i have just missed them out kind regards Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD PRO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RY Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi All,

After getting sick of Windows 8 I did a clean install of Windows 7 SP1 and applying all the Windows Updates I now get an error about failing to connect to the Windows Service "Group Policy Client" (see attached screenshot). I am logging is as the default create Administraor account under my name.

I checked the Windows Event Log and it has the Warning Event (event ID 6000): "The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification event."

Any ideas? All help would be much appreciated :D

A:Windows 7 SP1 Failed to Connect to a Windows Service?

First make sure you are logged in as an Administrator user.
Go to Start/Search and type services.msc Right click the services results and Run As Administrator. Scroll down to Group Policy Client, double click it and make sure the Startup Type is Automatic and that the services is Started.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-sp1-failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-847234.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi guys everytime i turn on my pc and look at my Event Viewer log i see Service Control Manager Error does anyone know how to fix this problem Here are the details System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Amir-PC Security - EventData System Viewer Service Control Event Manager param Diagnostic Service Host param im using OS Windows Home Premium x SP CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V GEN Memory G SKILL Sniper Series GB DDR PC Graphics Card ASUS GTX TI-DC O- GD Sound Card HT OMEGA Claro Halo Monitor s Displays ASUS VE H Black quot ms Screen Resolution x its just every time i open my event viewer log i see this error on it can someone explain to me how Service Control Manager Event Viewer System to fix it thanks

A:Service Control Manager Event Viewer System

Hi can you try the sfc /scannow command and see if it finds anything? SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286901-service-control-manager-event-viewer-system.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Having lots of problems around COM+, but root appears to be that the COM+ Event System does not remain started - (Event ID 7023).

This seems to cause other "Events" involving COM+ and VSS. Event IDs received include:

4455, 4689, 4822, 7001, 7031, 7034, 7036, 8193

This is an XP Home system.

Any ideas that we might try would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Evelyn

A:COM+ Event System service starts then immediately stops

Hello EvelynH, and welcome to TSF:

Com+ could be a form of malware.

Please read this thread

Please download HijackThis . This program will help us
determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. Click
on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\
Run a scan and save the log file. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.
Make sure to include the System information at the top of the log as well.

Post your HJT log in HJT Log Help Forum
and an analyst will help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/com-event-system-service-starts-then-immediately-stops-138255.html