Windows Support Forum

Event ID 4101, display driver amdkmdap possible faulty GPU?

Q: Event ID 4101, display driver amdkmdap possible faulty GPU?

system specs Seasonic watts Gigabyte Radeon HD asus A XM-A Micro ATX FM motherboard AMD a - k GhZ quad core It also says faulty driver possible amdkmdap 4101, ID GPU? display Event with R Radeon it's GhZ GB of RAM Used to have GB Description of the crash Freezes the screen for seconds turns off the monitor goes back up pop up on the task bar saying quot Display driver amdkmdap has stopped responding and has succesfully recovered quot Some games crash after that some games continue to work If this happens while chrome browser is open chrome browser will not open up the window and will stay minimized until it's process is killed Things I tried Upgrading RAM Downcloacking Uninstalling old drivers complete whipe then installing new ones Turning off every power saving feature on every device Reinstalling windows Turning off the TDR Things I haven't tried Overvoltage Can't do it because is voltage locked Switching to another GPU because I don't own another one This crash occurs during -switching from steam overlay to an actual game vice versa -after the Event ID 4101, display driver amdkmdap possible faulty GPU? game loads and gets into the main game -turning fullscreen on youtube -pausing the game from menu then resuming the game -very rarely Event ID 4101, display driver amdkmdap possible faulty GPU? while playing the actual game randomly

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/384157-event-id-4101-display-driver-amdkmdap-possible-faulty-gpu.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Event ID 4101, display driver amdkmdap possible faulty GPU?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 96.41%

While playing "Rift" (new MMO) my system has recently started chucking this error out.

Basically, the game alt-tabs back to desktop, then alt-tabs back into the game. For a while I didn't know what was going on, but Event Viewer clearly shows Error 4101 each and every time.

I've already safe-mode cleaned old drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled, scanned for new hardware, put new drivers in, and it makes no difference. Neither does disabling Aero, or changing clockspeeds for 2D values. No difference. Changing TDR to 0 in regedit simple means that the game doesn't recover; I don't notice any great increase in stability.

Help? Please?

A:Error 4101 - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

Hello Altissimus. Wecome to the forum.

You are experiencing a TDR event. Unfortunately, these can have many causes, and the causes are different for every computer configuration. To find a solution requires you to do some diagnostic testing to narrow down the field of all possible causes.

Please read the info below. I hope it helps.

"Display driver xxxxx stopped responding and was recovered"

Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR) = "Display Driver Stopped Responding and was Recovered" is a useful feature that started in Vista and is also in W7 that allows the OS to try and recover from a video timeout so that the system does not crash to a bluescreen. Symptoms included a screen flash with the TDR message appearing one or more times or the screen blinking out to black. If the system cannot recover it will crash (Stop Error 116 typical). The issue is that the video card is not responding as expected. The solution is in the: why?

There is no one-size-fits-all solution to TDR errors. But the problem is usually found in the local environment (your computer). Finding the cause is a matter of checking every possible cause and uncovering the culprit through a simple process of elimination. By methodically running down a checklist of diagnostic procedures you should be able to find the cause and can correct it.

There are numerous reports of hardware solutions to TDR's. The most common are:
Poor Cooling
Problems with the power supply
Overclocking Issues
Bad System memory or incorrect memory timings
Defective PC Components

The order you do the diagnostics is not all that important. My personal strategy is to do the cheap & easy stuff first, the cheap & harder stuff next, and then the stuff that costs last. But whatever order you do it in you need to check or confirm the following:

SOFTWARE
Poorly written software and games will cause TDRs. But if this were the case it would affect lots of people, not just a few. Check the game's website & forums for patches and tips.
See if other people in the forums are having the same problem and if they were able to solve it and how.
You could also be asking too much of your video card. Check to see if your video card is tested and recommended for the game/program. Test the game at reduced settings.

WHAT ACTIONS CAUSE THE PROBLEM
It helps if you can isolate the actions that trigger the TDR. Most often it will be an application using 3D graphics. But if the incidents occur constantly it would point more towards defective hardware. If it happens more specifically (just when running Game X) it points towards overheating, settings, software, or driver issues.

GENERAL SYSTEM PERFORMANCE
You need to eliminate the possibility that your computer has a global problem. You can use a program like Prime95 to stress test your system. Free Software - GIMPS
You can run the "Stress Test" for a few hours or overnight. This will not tell you what the problem is, but it is helpful to uncover any issues your system has with instability and cooling.

OVERHEATING
Running a video intensive game for hours can generate some serious heat and overheating will cause video errors. You can check your temps by looking at your BIOS readings or use a free program like Speedfan SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer .
A real easy test is to just pull the side panel(s) off your case (You can also blow a house fan directly into the open case) and see if the problem goes away or gets better. If it does then the issue is definitely overheating. If you are overheating you need to look at installing some cooling upgrades. You want to look at ventilating the case (more or bigger fans), Upgrade your case to a larger gaming case (lots of fans, water-cooling), etc.
There are free utilities like BurninTest PassMark BurnInTest software - PC Reliability and Load Testing that y... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/148860-error-4101-display-driver-amdkmdap-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 91.14%

Hello People have recommended me this site to ask for some advice regarding this matter I ve been having this issue for months since attaining my computer It has never been as severe as crashing hanging while watching videos as I ve seen others but only occurs AMDKMDAP Event 4101; in some games Event 4101; AMDKMDAP Example of games when the computer hung Mass effect Team fortress Counter Strike Source Call of duty Left dead Dead Space Batman Starcraft The only game I ve played that NEVER once froze crashed was Battlefield Bad company Some things I ve done Did a clean install of windows Backtracked on drivers from latest to a certain point Prime ran for a full days without an error Memtest for a full day without errors Changed default fanspeed - gt SPECS OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM OCZ GB DDR Mhz Tri-Channel Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P T SE Rev xx Power Supply Coolermaster GX w I believe that the computer is not overclocked I also don t know a method to check whether it is Thanks for any input advice tech support Will be checking this thread daily nbsp

A:Event 4101; AMDKMDAP

I have completely got rid of my ATI Drivers and I still get an amdkmdap error message and my display driver says it recovered from an error. If anyone knows what exactly does this amdkmdap have to do with my display drivers and if there is any way to just delete this and update it with a replaced file? It is annoying the crap out of my playing Left 4 Dead 2 and can't play some other games because of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-4101-amdkmdap.958179/
Relevancy 91.14%

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I would get these random hangs/freezes during some games.
BC2 I would be able to play without a problem but in Mass effect, Starcraft 2, Modern Warfare2, I'd come across these problems quite frequently.

I've tried drivers from 10.5-10.7 with a clean driver sweeper between each driver.

My specs
i7
Windows7 ultimate
Asus P5T SE
OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz Tri-Channel
ATI HD RADEON 5870
Coolermaster 650w PSU

I honestly have no idea what the problem is. Is it hardware or software causing this problem?
Driver sweeper just recently showed I had some nvidia chipset/display/physx. Am I free to remove those?

Thanks for input! This problem has been bothering me for two months. The computer is two months old.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-4101-amdkmdap.939869/
Relevancy 83.39%

Hello,
for the past couple of days I regularly get Display driver had stopped working and has succefully recovered. PC is a Dell Inspiron One 2205.
I also got three times today a total crash with restart saying "Tread Stuck in Device Driver. Can anyone help?
Using W10 Pro AMD Radeon HD 5000 series Grafic Card

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2470014b-ceb9-4807-b833-7e70a3ac4105/display-driver-event-4101?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 82.77%

I have an HP dc7900 at work and the system keeps getting the error "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered". First the user is not playing game and I have updated the video drivers. I also ran DXDIAG.exe and I have looked at the report and I don't see anything abnormal.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this error Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered keeps occurring ??

A:Event 4101, Display - Display driver igfx stopped responding

Hello,

Try uninstalling the current driver completely and re-install the driver from the HP Support site.

Perform the following steps:
-Download Trexxy Driver Fusion from Driver Fusion - The Complete Driver Solution and install it. Don't run the program yet
- First, Uninstall the Intel Graphics driver/software from Control Panel > Uninstall a program and restart
-Now run Driver Fusion, select Intel Display and then select Delete
-After complete restart the PC then install the latest release of the Graphics driver from the HP Support site.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/event-4101-display-display-driver-igfx-stopped-responding-684638.html
Relevancy 81.53%

Every once in awhile my screen freezes, goes to black, and then recovers with a message that the display driver stopped working and has successfully recovered. I checked the event viewer and the Event ID is 4101. In the details it says "Display Diver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." My computer is a Sony Vaio VPCCW17FX and my display driver is a GR Force G210 M. This started happening after I downloaded an update from VAIO Update awhile back. I have tried to go on NVIDIA's website and manually download the driver, but that hasn't worked either.

A:Event ID 4101: Display Driver Stopped Working

Sounds like you need to uninstall your nvidia drivers and re install them.

first go to your run/search bar in the start menu and type in "create restore point" then click on it or hit enter when it appears at the top of the list. This will open a window and you're looking for the create button click it type in a name like nvidia and then ok. Wait till it's done you'll get a completion message.

Go to:

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Search for your drivers, download them.

Uninstall your older drivers AND DO NOT RESTART THE COMPUTER,

Install the new drivers then restart.

This should fix your issue.
PS: never ever let windows updates install drivers for hardware or software that isn't built into windows. You should set your windows updates to inform you that there are updates available and then when you go look at the list you uncheck any non microsoft items and usually you should be ommitting the optional updates .

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/195164-event-id-4101-display-driver-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I don t know if this is a game issue or not but Display error Event 4101 it only usually happens when I am playing one I keep getting this error every other day or so any not usually more then once in a day This started happening I think a couple months ago It usually comes when I play hearthstone not exactly a graphically intense game and that s pretty much the only game I play on my laptop It also comes at random times no rhyme or reason when it happens sometimes I can play for hours with nothing happening sometimes it happens Event 4101 Display error after a game sometimes it happens in the middle of a game Also I played hearthstone for a while before and Event 4101 Display error never had this problem what happens is the screen goes white for a bit then after maybe a minute everything goes back to normal ie just as the error describes looking in the event viewer it says event Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered google hasn t let me to any solutions and I am pretty sure my drivers are up to date any potential solutions would be appreciated nbsp

A:Event 4101 Display error

The error is simply stating the video driver crashed and recovered.

This could be a driver issue (outdated or corrupt), a driver glitch related to other software (such as the game if it were only occurring with that game), or an actual hardware fault.

Try manually updating or reinstalling the video drivers from the laptop manufacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-4101-display-error.1142213/
Relevancy 90.3%

So after hours of googling months of hardware swaps and millions of braincells lost amdkmdap Driver Display from bashing my head repeatedly against a wall I've decided to just start posting and asking Display Driver amdkmdap for help The quot Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot error message is logged in event viewer every time my HD reaches a temp of degrees Celsius immediately after a screen freeze and then black screen Here is a list of parts of I have replaced in an attempt to determine whether or not it was a hardware issue Mobo - Display Driver amdkmdap Swapped an ECS for an Asus Video Card - Swapped my for a brand new from a different manufacturer RAM - RMA'd the OCZ and get a new set CPU - Tried a Deneb Phenom II my buddy had Display Driver amdkmdap Hard Drive - Used a Caviar Black instead of my A-Data SSD PSU - Tried my brothers watt PSU Another hardware related test I threw every component except my CPU and RAM into an older PC old mobo not DDR or AM these included Radeon Sata solid state drive with os Power supply And I never once experienced this problem My current setup is AMD BE Phenom X ASUS M A TD ATX AMD Motherboard OCZ Obsidian Series GB x GB Model OCZ OB LV GK RAM ADATA S Turbo AS TB- GM-C Hard Drive HP D RETAIL W ATX V Power Supply HIS H FK GD Radeon HD Juniper XT Video Card I have also done the following software os driver stuff Safe mode driver sweeper reinstall of everything reformat between any hardware change operating system memtest registry cleaners bios flash Do you guys need any other information Any help whatsoever is appreciated I've dumped so much money into this system it isn't even funny and I would like to see if there is some other solution than continually throwing money at the problem and buying different ram

A:Display Driver amdkmdap

I ran Prime95 and it came back with this:

[Mon Jun 27 01:05:06 2011]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Self-test 640K passed!
Self-test 640K passed!
[Mon Jun 27 01:22:24 2011]
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
[Mon Jun 27 01:28:04 2011]
[Mon Jun 27 01:38:00 2011]
Self-test 720K passed!
[Mon Jun 27 01:53:34 2011]
Self-test 12K passed!
[Mon Jun 27 02:09:51 2011]
Self-test 800K passed!
[Mon Jun 27 02:25:21 2011]
Self-test 20K passed!
[Mon Jun 27 02:32:31 2011]

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171692-display-driver-amdkmdap.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi,
My windows display driver amdkmdap keeps crashing, but then it says it successfully recovers. How can I fix this. Thanks

A:Display Driver amdkmdap keeps crashing

Download latest graphics driver from your PC/laptop maker's website, or if the AMD graphics card was fitted after the PC left the factory, download driver from the AMD website.

Since existing AMD graphics driver has an intermittent fault condition, uninstall existing AMD graphics driver completely before installing downloaded one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-amdkmdap-keeps-crashing.1081219/
Relevancy 87.29%

This keeps Happening everytime i play WoW. Now my old computer was very cheap and bad but this didn't even happen. I tried installing the new drivers etc and didn't work. Im flat out of things to do. My display driver is a Radeon 4800 HD. Please help?

Relevancy 87.29%

This keeps Happening everytime i play WoW. Now my old computer was very cheap and bad but this didn't even happen. I tried installing the new drivers etc and didn't work. Im flat out of things to do. My display driver is a Radeon 4800 HD. Please help?

A:"Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

please do not duplicate posts in different forums - choose the most apprpriate forum, if you would like the post moved, click on the report button , ask to be moved and a moderator wil move for you

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1070870-display-driver-amdkmdap-stopped-responding.html

closing this post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-amdkmdap-stopped-responding.1070871/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi Prior to the Error I was running Vista this problem was not present I then did a CLEAN install onto Windows updated all drivers including Chipset then the dreaded display driver has stopped responding but has now recovered started to appear during d and d applications under event viewer I located the error My current system is running stable by following this sequence UAC ENABLED POWER MANAGMENT SET TO HIGH Uninstall all GPU related drivers and ADOBE responding... FIX stopped 4101 Error display driver FLASH Turn Error 4101 display driver stopped responding... FIX of PC not at wall Clear CMS Boot allow windows to load Shut down then Turn Error 4101 display driver stopped responding... FIX off pc at wall Remove Error 4101 display driver stopped responding... FIX GPU and PCI cards Re-install Restart Hit del load bios Reset to defaults Load windows Install ATI for me vista win Alter TDR in registry set to http www microsoft com whdc device display wddm timeout mspx Look for unsupported monitor d-word change to Should still be under HKLM System CurrentControlSet Control GraphicsDrivers Restart happy gaming Prior to this Bioshock and all other games would freeze after - mins last night I gamed solid for an hour no freeze Ps I think it is either unsupported monitor modes on windows by or the TDR function Although by is detected by CCC and windows there may still be a compatibility issue Any hows it s now working I don t think it is adobe flash plug-in UAC or power management If this works for you spread the word around the community Specs Win retail Asus commando MB Core Duo e Graphics HD XT

A:Error 4101 display driver stopped responding... FIX

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSproutKing

Hi
Prior to the Error 4101

I was running Vista 64, this problem was not present. I then did a CLEAN install onto Windows 7 updated all drivers including Chipset then the dreaded ?display driver has stopped responding but has now recovered ?started to appear during 2d and 3d applications, under event viewer I located the error 4101.

My current system is running stable by following this sequence.

UAC ENABLED
POWER MANAGMENT SET TO HIGH
1. Uninstall all GPU related drivers/ and ADOBE FLASH
2. Turn of PC (not at wall)
3. Clear CMS
4. Boot allow windows to load
5. Shut down then Turn off pc (at wall)
6. Remove GPU and PCI cards
7. Re-install
6. Restart
7. Hit del (load bios)
8. Reset to defaults
9. Load windows
10. Install 9.3 ATI (for me vista 64_win_7 64)
11. Alter TDR in registry set to 0
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/wddm_timeout.mspx
12. Look for unsupported monitor d-word change to 0
(Should still be under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers )
13. Restart (happy gaming)

Prior to this, Bioshock and all other games would freeze after 3-7 mins, last night I gamed solid for an hour no freeze.

Ps. I think it is either unsupported monitor modes on windows 7 (1680 by 1050) or the TDR function. Although 1680 by 1050 is detected by CCC and windows, there may still be a compatibility issue. Any hows it?s now working.
I don?t think it is adobe flash plug-in, UAC or power management.

If this works for you spread the word around the community.

Specs
Win 7 64 ( retail )
Asus commando MB
Core 2 Duo e6700
Graphics HD 2900 XT 512

Hi and welcome

Error 4101 usually means there is an instance oof setup running and that isnt relevant to your freezes. Is that the only critical error listed in event viewer?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57514-error-4101-display-driver-stopped-responding-fix.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I get this a lot while I'm trying to play games. Sometimes it'll work and sometimes it won't. It has been doing this ever since I got this computer.

I get the error several times a game when I'm running full screen games or even just browsing the internet. I have an ATI Sapphire 6870 and have the newest drivers installed. My Event Viewer is full of problems but I have no idea how to read it or what to do. I've run memcheck and all of my RAM passed with no errors so I have no idea what it is. I am currently running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-amdkmdap-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered.1020906/
Relevancy 86.43%

So Recently I was solving graphic card issues It all ended with buying new GPU and PSU I bought sapphire hd and seasonic ss energy kinght w Had opened thread about it It all started few months ago when I was getting msg that display driver had stopped working and successfully recovered This was coming with few seconds screen fading and then came back to normal Usually it screwed up any opened game which crashed and I had to responding Display amdkmdap stopped recovered and driver has successfully start it again I didnt pay much attention to it until my screen started Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered fading regularly and wouldnt Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered come back anymore I had to turn off my PC and start it again I believe that my old nvidia gs was also overheating and being pushed beyond the limits and it died in the end So I bought new card as mentioned above thinking it was old card problem but no Very soon after buying new card I started getting same thing Im at the point where it just fades down for few seconds and then recovers and works again Now here are my specs Ghz quad q gb ddr ram Vista hd sapphire things I tried to solve this -After mechanical instalation of card I noticed this card isnt being connected by any pin cable from PSU Dont know if it cant be under powered or something but I didnt find any small port on it to connect additional cables - I installed all drivers from DVD I received with it Strange thing is it says that my card is and that drivers are for same card even though on box it says its So Im not even sure what card I have I ordered -I tweaked my Vista and cleaned it with tuneup to higher degree -Updated it to latest updates What I noticed after this was slightly faster system response Even its usually not too bad - Did some search on internet about this issue and found that its pretty often happening to people Some solution was mentioned that this is some catalyst problem and im to set vista appearance to basic which seemed to work just until the problem occured again about day after I m fairly clueless already Will appreciate every advice Thanks nbsp

A:Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-amdkmdap-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered.1055259/
Relevancy 86.43%

About or days ago I successfully stopped driver amdkmdap Display recovered responding and has began getting the message Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered It occurred specifically for the first time while I was playing football manager and had a youtube video streaming in the background at the same time My screen initially blacks out a couple of times and then the message pops up at the bottom of my screen resulting in game crashes and unviewable streams I am able to recreate the same problem either by playing games which bring on the problem as far as or minutes into gameplay or by streaming multiple youtube videos at the same time which brings the problem on in a matter of minutes I have looked at a number of posts which have identified the same problem and have tried to carry out as many of the possible solutions as are possible I have updated all my video drivers I have downloaded and installed all my windows updates I have ruled out my Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered graphics card overheating Radeon HD Windows Vista Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz GHz GB RAM Bit I think it is also worth noting that I have had this graphics card for maybe months now and have had no problems with my pc at all thus far As far as I am aware nothing new has been installed on my pc and there is no new hardware either Other solutions I have seen posted include removing the catalyst control centre uninstalling and then reinstalling my graphics card and increasing memory gpu clock speeds I am however very hesitant to do any of these things as I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to this stuff and I fear if I did try one of these things I would either not do it correctly or would be unable to return my pc to its previous state should it not work I have also seen posts which state there could be a problem due to an incorrect power supply Which I am ruling out as it has worked thus far correctly or with the RAM although it does not state what I can do to confirm this Hopefully someone can help me pinpoint exactly what is wrong with me set up and point me in the direction of a solution that works for me nbsp

A:Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-amdkmdap-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered.1046718/
Relevancy 78.26%

HP Pavilion laptop months old. No new drivers installed or anything.

I tried watching a video on youtube then all of a sudden, monitor goes black and comes back to normal saying:

moments later, the thing BSODs on me and reboots.

I had a similar issue with this last month, and I've never been able to figure it out.

If I had to guess, it would be either a motherboard or videocard issue but I'm not sure. Again this is the second time this has happened after a month.

EDIT: files uploaded

got the info

A:BSOD after "Display driver amdkmdap" message

Quote: Originally Posted by disasterpiece91

HP Pavilion laptop months old. No new drivers installed or anything.

I tried watching a video on youtube then all of a sudden, monitor goes black and comes back saying:

moments later, the thing BSODs on me and reboots.

I had a similar issue with this last month, and I've never been able to figure it out.

I'd pull the dump information, but I've never done anything like it before. If someone can walk me through how to post any and all info that can help me, I'm all ears.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117095-bsod-after-display-driver-amdkmdap-message.html
Relevancy 76.54%

So yeah i got a custom built computer Event 4101 Help.... nvlddmkm ID =( i'm sitting here Event ID 4101 nvlddmkm =( Help.... play WoW World of warcraft and a little LoL League of Event ID 4101 nvlddmkm =( Help.... Legands and all of a sudden my moniter shuts off I'm like quot darn prolly kicked out vga cable quot i Event ID 4101 nvlddmkm =( Help.... get up look at it nothing moved So i force power down and start it back up no biggie stuff happens Then it starts happening more and more often I'm like quot alright prolly the graphics card quot i bring it to work and i run PC Doctor i think turns out my pci card is fried running at like celc super hot so i switch it out Same problem I wind up switching out for the same Geforce gt they all burn out i switch to the it ROARS like no ones buisness i guess i picked out lemons once i get the i get the Moniter cutting off and a message from my moniter quot No display quot and it happens not from watching movies or shows that i have saved on my HDD but when i play LoL or WoW no more than mins into the game it happens which really boils my blood I call microsoft the guy i was talking to had patience up the wazoo i'm on the phone with him for about hours hes doing everything he can we call nvidia he says its pny's doing we call pny he says its the power supply I go back to my store buy a watt power suply come home install it same thing happens I go back to my store run the doctor again theres a failed IEEE port on my mobo i disable it switch out my Geforce for the GT installed it about an hour ago nvidia's installer didnt work i restarted and tried to use microsofts and i have this tiny resolution i'm running like x its too small and infuriating me I check to see if i can try to start up a game I pick WoW start playing low and behold mins into it my screen goes blank and as i'm about to pick the tower up to chuck it at the wall it blinks back i think it felt my rage and it says in the corner quot Nvlddmkm has stopped working but has recovered quot I instantly go to the event viewer and the title of this is what happened I've tested all memory nothing wrong all ports work fine not too sure whats going on with the drivers but i found the problem FFS someone help before this lowly geek thats run out of options looses it Oh also i'm running windows ult bit

A:Event ID 4101 nvlddmkm =( Help....

Hi,

Check the airflow inside your case as it is very unusual for so many cards to burn out - I would also suspect your PSU for this reason. What model PSU are you using?

The other very likely possibility is that your motherboard is broken.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99466-event-id-4101-nvlddmkm-help.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I keep getting this same problem whereby whenever i play a game, it will eventually freeze (sound still going) followed by a black screen and returns to the desktop with the error "event ID 4101 driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Originally i thought this was because my old GPU was not compatible with Vista, therefore i have invested in a New GPU (Geforce 8800GT 512mb) which is compatible. However it is still occurring!!! im pretty sure i have downloaded all the latest drivers but still no improvement.

(games such as Bioshock, COD4 etc)

can anyone help me please???

my spec:
Intel Pentium Dual 3.4GHz
3.25GB RAM
140GB hard drive
Geforce 8800 GT 512mb
Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound Card
Samsung - Display - SyncMaster 2032BW/2032GW,SyncMaster Magic CX2032GW(Digital)

Relevancy 65.79%

The title is pretty much self explanatory and i need some help i've read through lots of forums and didnt really find something that could help yet although i'm still testing The computer setup is as in my description but for 4101, 2x crash, SLI GTX670 Driver nvldmkm Error everyones ease Rampage IV Extreme i k Vengeance Pro MHz run currently at GB -previously had Driver crash, nvldmkm Error 4101, 2x GTX670 SLI a gb vengeance kit but gave memtest errors- x ASUS GTX DCII I really cant find what the Driver crash, nvldmkm Error 4101, 2x GTX670 SLI problem is Tried clean windows installation a driver wipe Driver crash, nvldmkm Error 4101, 2x GTX670 SLI after a few months amd reinstall nothing Applied a windows fix that increases polling delay i think didn't work Tried setting tdrlevel to as some said but that resulted simply in a total system breakdown Mainly this happens AFTER heavy load For example games like Skyrim or Battlefield will quite rarely give me any issues while playing but they will cause issues as soon as i close them resulting in or maybe up to a few consecutive crashes in a row in the next minute or so Black screen for a couple of seconds and then back on as before Only exception is League Of Legends that only gives me crashes while playing and never afterwards I have ample power ax so it's probably not that unless there's a problem in the wall outlet - which i highly doubt Cards are not overclocked in fact this happens even when underclocked although not after tonights efforts -windowsfix etc- although i dont think it would make any difference If there is someone who can read some log files maybe and give me a hint for example i saw a forum when that cause of the issue was outdated wifi drivers i'd really appreciate it as i dont really have that kind of knowledge If my writing is somewhat fuzzy im really sorry it's just that it's AM spent the night searching what to do it's been around for quite a while but that's the point where i couldn't take it any more and i really need my sleep

A:Driver crash, nvldmkm Error 4101, 2x GTX670 SLI

What drivers are you using with the cards?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/305070-driver-crash-nvldmkm-error-4101-2x-gtx670-sli.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I have a minidisplay port to hdmi cable, which I can plug directly into my computer and then into the TV. I use a Macbook Pro, and when booting on Mac OS the wire works perfectly well, however when switching over to windows 7 the image is very weird it's very grainy, with lots of red dots and lines going through the image, and the image is also always flickering. I've altered every aspect resolution, tried every possible combination of hrtz and also updated the graphics driver. Yet still no difference, can anyone possibly explain to me why this is and if theres a solution. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-faulty-when-extending-display-windows-7-on-mac-computer-672314.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Windows XP - My display has formed vertical lines and the letters are randomly incorrect - XP will start up and then shut down on it`s own. It will remain on in safe mode but display is faulty. I have reinstalled windows but it is still faulty.

Thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

For no apparent reason, parts of the text on my display have disappeared. Sometimes several words, or the bottom half of the words are missing. I presume this is a fault with the graphics software perhaps having been corrupted. I have tried rolling back the driver and then rolling it forward again but it makes no difference. Can anyone please offer an explanation and a cure? I use Windows Xp Sp3 with a Radeon 9600 Series software version 8.573.0.0.

A:Graphics faulty display

When you say text where do you mean, all text? On webpages? On the desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-faulty-display.1054667/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hiya,

I have a laptop that the display isn't working. You turn it on and the backlight comes on (at least the screen seems to light up a little) but there is no picture. I've taken it apart and there are no loose connections anywhere. I haven't got anything I can test it with so is there anyway I can check to see if it needs a new LCD/inverter/cables?

Kind regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-display.1017601/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an Edge laptop out of warranty as of end of This morning my display acted up by showing a purple ghostly spreadsheet in the background which was last thing I was working on nbsp It appears to be nbsp burned Faulty Edge 15 Display in Laptop was not on for long at all though I have Windows tried display drivers change with no luck In fact during boot up the purplish haze spreadsheet and discolorization still shows when it should be just black with the word Lenovo on it prior to starting Windows Trying an external monitor plugged into HDMI worked fine nbsp I'm guessing Faulty Display Edge 15 it is a hardware display panel issue that I need to replace and not a video card or driver issue Any ideas nbsp Are replacing display panels doable or does it need to be repaired professionally nbsp I have replaced a panel before on an older HP laptop before nbsp Not sure how easy the Edge is to open though nbsp nbsp thanks nbsp Rob

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Faulty-Display-Edge-15/td-p/3347176
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys this is nd or rd post on spinning are no display.Mobo Fans but faulty? this forum so if here its the wrong place please notice me So here is my story months ago i built desktop system not the greatest but which is Mobo Foxconn A vmx CPU AMD Phenom x GPU ATI Radeon R GB GDDR x GB Ram MHz A friend gave me this motherboard and i decided to make something with it The problem with it was that the pc wasnt shutting down Everytime i wanted to turn off the pc i had to unplug the power cord or to switch off from the psu's button I did this untill my hard broke about one week Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? ago Now the problem is that when i try to start my pc The cpu Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? fan and one cm fan are spinning but i get black screen Also the gpu fan is spinning for - seconds then stops I borrowed a GT GB GDDR from a friend to see if the gpu is faulty but same Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? black screen but that gpu's fan is totally spinning I took an older cpu and tried it same problem also tried with one stick of ram same problem Also when i start the pc without ram i dont get that beep noise from the speaker so i think the Mobo might be the problem here Tried my psu on another pc to see if its working properly and it is I took another psu to try it on my pc but same black screen Tried also clear the cmos same problem Now im asking you guys if the mobo is the real problem or could be something else And if you could tell me what else i could try im all ears Sorry for bad english tho

A:Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty?

Hello Poli I know you have checked out the PSU but please do this in my little ditty and post back a pic of the PSU voltage rails
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-specifications-atx-reference,3061.html (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.

Use PART A: and as an option you can use a digital multimeter and test the volts on the 24 pin board plug see this for the colour codes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_supply_unit_(computer) (scroll to the bottom) use the black lead to any black cable the red lead to the different rails.

Also the board is relatively old too mate so don't be surprised if it has or is going south.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370713-fans-spinning-but-no-display-mobo-faulty.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Got a gigabyte H61M-S2-B3 board with 4gb of corsair ram intel i5 2500k i posted earlier in the week about this changed the HDD as advised by the guy in the shop and its still as bad here is a screencap of what a benchtest has told me any ideas anyone on finishing the test the cpu showed 1160 errors.

A:Display faulty icons disappearing GPU not helping

What program are you using for your bench test?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/323169-display-faulty-icons-disappearing-gpu-not-helping.html
Relevancy 54.18%

It is a Hijack log from / and faulty Connections Disabled display regedit a yr Disabled regedit / faulty display and Connections old Toshiba laptop running Windows XP-SP It is probably a virus infections but SpyBot Avg Malwarebyte did not help IE does not make some links when in icon form-it makes them when underlined text Firefox solves that but Disabled regedit / faulty display and Connections syill some programs do not run at the click task manager is disabled and unfixable with the common methods there is also The Runtime error Floating point support not found quot here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running Disabled regedit / faulty display and Connections processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ACS exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Management CeEPwrSvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA Ivp Swupdate swupdtmr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files EzButton EzButton EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS System ZoomingHook exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C DOCUME Bojidar LOCALS Temp fkmw exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http toshibadirect com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B- F - - -F EE FCB EC - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BH... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabled-regedit-faulty-display-and-connections.805972/
Relevancy 53.75%

Heyy everyone This is my first post on this forum and it has taken me a while to post this thread since I have been trying to research and figure out my own problem myself by searching many MANY other related forums but so far have had not much luck Also obviously I couldn t find an individual who had the exact same specs as my computer Driver has driver Display Issues; responding Display stopped igfx who had the same issues so I am going try and get help through this thread specifically for my computer First I will explain everything that is going or happened and then all the specs are at the end of the thread Recently I downloaded a trial of World of Warcraft just to start playing it again for a Display Driver Issues; Display driver igfx has stopped responding little bit I played it for about two days and then after playing it for about an hour or two straight all of a sudden the video card craps out screen flashes goes black and then comes back within seconds Then a message error pops stating Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered Within those two days I was playing though I was doing a lot of updates on my computer since I reformatted my laptop recently So I thought maybe it had to do with the updates and decided to do a system restore Of course with my luck the system restore failed and failed a couple more times after trying again but at different restoration points dates So then I decided so continue with my updates since I still had to install services pack more updates service pack and more updates With every restart I had to do for the updates I would try WoW but right away as soon as I try moving my character in the game the video card acts up again instantly but very severely causing my whole system to freeze and I am forced to hard boot my laptop So since the updates were no luck I went onto Intel s website and downloaded the most up to date driver for my video card I have still had absolutely no luck I have updated everything downloaded driver updates for my video card through Windows HP s website and Intel s website updated BIOS tried downgrading the driver to an earlier version but still NO SOLUTION So frustrating The specs for my computer Hp Pavillion dv ca OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta BB None Antivirus Norton Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I also did the quot Can You Run It quot test and surprisingly my computer failed but not surprisingly failing in the Video Card section specifically under Hardware T amp L it claims I don t have it I really don t even know what that is since I don t know too much even about video cards themselves The only reason I find this surprising is because I used to play WoW on this laptop about a year ago with no problems at all and because I also played it for two days before it crapped out I also looked up the error in Event Viewer Log states Log Name System Source Display Event ID Level Warning Here is the DXDiag report as well request before posting a thread ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NICOLE-PC Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv GM UA ABL BIOS Ver PARTTBLv Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDr... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

b font System After hunting down many clues on the net and different forums and searches I think my problem has something to do with with a broken driver maybe a network driver As you can see I am an AOL user with their standard BT voyager ADSL modem and Hjt To W/ Cpu 100% At Due Driver? Log Faulty have the updated broadband drivers that were recently sent out by AOL My modem systray icon shoes an and tells me I have limited connectivity I can still connect and the connection isn't hindered it still runs at its max speed when it needs to My system is okay in Safe Mode I've scanned it with AVG Adaware Spybot S amp D Microsoft Anti-Spyware beta and WinASO Registry Optimizer just to get rid of the mass of useless files from previous Cpu At 100% Due To Faulty Driver? W/ Hjt Log uninstalls Don't know whether you've got enough info to help me let me know if there's anything else you need to know Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS System winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system gsicon exeC WINDOWS system dslagent exeC Program Files VoyagerTest fts exeC Program Files AOL a waol exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files AOL a shellmon exeC Documents and Settings James HOME My Documents Sys stuff hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run GSICONEXE gsicon exeO - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE dslagent exe USBO - HKLM Run FP Friendly fts exe quot C Program Files VoyagerTest fts exe quot O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CABO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B - A - B - - FE DF D DiameterTransfer Control - http www sis com download SISTransfer cabO - DPF A CF B-EC A- D-A D- DC B AB B QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class - http aolcc aolsvc aol co uk computercheckup qdiagcc cabO - DPF D B - A B- ECA-AED - F F E AOLLaunch Class - http www disneyblast go com setup activex AOLLauncher cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com v co b O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - DPF A A -F - AD- - BC B DD Crucial cpcScan - http www crucial com controls cpcScanner cabO - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMesse pDownloader cabO - DPF BB F ... Read more

A:Cpu At 100% Due To Faulty Driver? W/ Hjt Log

Hello bravestarr5 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. There are a couple of housekeeping items to clean up so let's do that while you are here.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)Now close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.I also do not see any anti-virus or firewall software installed. You should definitely have a good antivirus to stop infections before they can start and spread. Here are 2 free anti-virus programs that are available for personal use (I use these on various machines and they are both good):Avast Home EditionAVG Anti-VirusYou should also have a good firewall for blocking unwanted access to and from your computer. These also are free for personal use:Kerio Personal FirewallZoneAlarmIt is best to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.As to the AOL issue, if the connection speed and browsing are not affected then it could just be a funky tray icon and I wouldn't worry about it. If it is causing problems then youshouldcontact AOL to see if a fix or workaround is available since it deals directly with their software.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53215/cpu-at-100-due-to-faulty-driver-w-hjt-log/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey, I'm hoping somone might be able to help me figure out which driver is causing a seemingly random DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD on my shuttle XPC.

Also, I'd be a bit curious to find out how you go about tracking down the culprit.. do you basically just have to find the address of the fault and look through the list of drivers in the dump file? I tried to, but got a bit lost..

Windows 7 64-bit, Retail. The system and os are just a few months old.

A:Please help identify the faulty driver

ok, I ended up reallizing my error in how I was utilising BlueScreenView program, and after opening all the dumps, it appears to likely be graphics drivers as far as I can tell. I updated the ATI drivers yesterday, so I'll give it a while to see if I get another BSOD.
Can anyone recommend any other good programs for checking these dump files?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232612-please-help-identify-faulty-driver.html
Relevancy 52.46%

my system specs are Asus p QL motherboard Intel core quad q Nvidia geforce gt graphics card gb ddr ram anyway my system randomly crashes and sometimes goes driver? faulty BSOD usb into the BSOD BSOD faulty usb driver? i have the crash dumps saved but not sure how to paste them here but seems like i might have a fault USB driver even though i uninstalled most of my usb drivers Quote - - dmp PFN LIST CORRUPT x e x x b x x b ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating BSOD faulty usb driver? System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc ntkrnlpa exe e c ntkrnlpa exe b bc ntkrnlpa exe b fe C Windows Minidump - - dmp Quote - - dmp IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x a x da x x x eb nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm sys e NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation -bit ntkrnlpa exe b ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe f ntkrnlpa exe C Windows Minidump - - dmp Quote - - dmp DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d x x x x ba dxgmms sys dxgmms sys DirectX Graphics MMS Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit ntkrnlpa exe b dxgmms sys dxgmms sys a dxgmms sys b c C Windows Minidump - - dmp Quote - - dmp DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION x c x x x dd b x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc ntkrnlpa exe ffd tcpip sys cee ndis sys d C Windows Minidump - - dmp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-faulty-usb-driver-611208.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Before I describe my problem I'd like to thank the people who donate their time I've been having minor issues pop up and I appreciate all the help I just installed Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines and when I boot it up I'm getting the BSOD informing me I have a faulty driver that tried to corrupt the system and that BSOD faulty driver it BSOD faulty driver needs to be replaced The error code is x C x x x x I've tried reinstalling and patching and all that I find this odd because the error points to a fundamental problem with my system but no other application including games- BSOD faulty driver I have KOTOR and Farcry installed right now triggers the issue I'm guessing I need to figure out which driver is causing the problem then go about replacing BSOD faulty driver it but I haven't been able to determine how I should go about doing so The eventlog gives me no errors besides the inability to boot viamraid which is a leftover of a poor deletion of a RAID utility for the system or the application Thanks again for any advice

A:BSOD faulty driver

This article may help you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-faulty-driver-54138.html
Relevancy 52.46%

my system specs are Asus p QL motherboard Intel core quad q Nvidia geforce gt graphics card gb ddr ram anyway my system randomly crashes and sometimes goes into the BSOD i have the crash dumps saved but not sure how to paste them here but seems like i might have a fault USB driver even though i uninstalled most of my usb drivers - - dmp PFN LIST CORRUPT x e x x b x x b ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc ntkrnlpa exe e c ntkrnlpa exe b bc ntkrnlpa exe b fe C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand - - dmp IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x a x da x x x eb nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm sys e NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Windows Kernel faulty BSOD driver? usb Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation -bit ntkrnlpa exe b ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe f ntkrnlpa exe C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand - - dmp DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x BSOD faulty usb driver? d x x BSOD faulty usb driver? x x ba dxgmms sys dxgmms sys DirectX Graphics MMS Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit ntkrnlpa exe b dxgmms sys dxgmms sys a dxgmms sys b c C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand - - dmp DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION x c x x x dd b x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc ntkrnlpa exe ffd tcpip sys cee ndis sys d C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand nbsp

A:BSOD faulty usb driver?

Looks like a Nvidia video driver fault to me... What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-faulty-usb-driver.173144/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have two driver faulty BSOD problems I can't open msinfo when I try I get the windows help and error window I posted on the XP forums before being referred here http www techsupportforum com showthread php t The more serious problem is that my system crashes with a faulty driver error when I open a particular application Again I first asked the question in the XP forums http www techsupportforum com showthread php t I've uploaded the HJT files here http fodlujan BSOD faulty driver homestead com files hijackthis log http fodlujan homestead com files result txt Thanks for any help and please let me know if the information provided isn't all you'd like Note Its always better to post the log in the reply Log BSOD faulty driver was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Documents and Settings Admin Desktop HijackThis exe D system utilities HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www westminster edu R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Westminster College Edition R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer sproxy R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride westminster edu lt local gt O - HKLM Run sunasDTServ D CounterSpy Client sunasDtServ exe O - HKLM Run sunasServ D CounterSpy Client sunasServ exe O - DPF E DE - - B - F -C E A F E Microsoft PID Sniffer - https support microsoft com OAS ActiveX odc cab O - DPF AA A -F F- -A - B F BB HS live Control - http install homestead com site I ve HS live cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft co O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net ll xscan cab O - Service Brother Popup Suspend service for Resource manager brmfrmps - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe quot -service file missing O - Service BrSplService Brother XP spl Service - brother Industries Ltd - C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe End of KRC HijackThis Analyzer Log

A:BSOD faulty driver

Hi Lujan -

Did you run the suggested scans? Adaware and Spybot S&D? I can see evidence of Housecall's ActiveX control...did it find anything?

There is no malware showing in your HJT log. From your other posts, it seems like you have windows issues. That said, we can use another scanner to see if there is any malware present. Please do the following:

Please download Ad-aware at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go to http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml to download the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware at http://www.greyknight17.com/spyware.htm#adaware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Download and install Spybot S&D http://security.kolla.de/. Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available.

Now click Mode menu and choose 'Advanced Mode'. Next click on Immunize to your left. Click the Immunize button (green cross) on top to Immunize your computer - you should do this each time there is an update. Now go to Tools->Resident and make sure that TeaTimer is checked. What this will do is monitor any system/registry changes and will ask you for permission to change any of these settings.

Now click on the 'Spybot-S&D' option on the top left to go back to the main screen. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the 'Fix Selected Problems' button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix http://majorgeeks.com/download4392.html and install it over the current Spybot installation.

Please empty any Quarantine folder in your antivirus program and purge all recovery items in the Spybot program (if you use it) before running this tool.

Download the Mwav virus checker at http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/mwav.asp (Use Link 3)

1. Save it to a folder.
2. Reboot into Safe Mode.
3. Double click the Mwav.exe file. This is a stand alone tool and NOT just a virus checker......so it won't install anything.
4. Select all local drives, scan all files, and press SCAN. When it is completed, anything found will be displayed in the lower pane.
5. In the Virus Log Information Pane......
Left click and highlight all the information in the Lower pane --- Use &CTRL C &on your keyboard to copy everything found in the lower pane and save it to a notepad file
*Note* If prompted that a virus was found and you need to purchase the product to remove the malware, just close out the prompt and let it continue scanning. We are not going to use this to remove anything...but to ID the bad files.

Once you copy that to a Notepad file...highlight the text and copy it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bsod-faulty-driver-54246.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey Device Driver Faulty I m about to address my Faulty Device Driver first problem which I didn t manage to solve on my own This forum has helped me over the years and the amazing thing is that I wasn t even a member then But anyways here is my problem Basically it started to happen a month ago My computer would randomly restart itself without any warning mostly when playing games It would restart normally and then would come with a windows message saying that quot The system has recovered from a serious error quot bla di bla bla you know the score At first I didn t bother to do nothin as my computer never restarted when used normally it only did it durin playin games But last week it restarted itself when i was just listenin to some music on winamp and chatting on msn This annoyed me so I decided to send the error report to Microsft The report suggested that it was caused by a faulty device driver That was the only helpful thing about the report Using that suggestion I researched the internet and came across a program quot verifier quot It helped me find the name of the driver I did that because at first I thought it was my video or sound card causing the problem and i reinstalled the latest versions of those and updated my Direct X to version c So anyway the verifier displayed this message when it found the faulty driver quot Io System verification error in NDIS sys WDM Driver NDIS sys at BA D quot I looked around the internet for a solution because at the time this was happening I was running my windows on SP one topic on Microsoft forum suggested that updating to SP may solve the problem but unfortunately it didn t However i also found this website which a guy was having the same problem He managed to fix it by copying the file quot NDIS sys quot from another computer running on SP He did so by renaming the original and replacing it with the new one from the other computer So the reason for my long boring post sorry is to ask for other ideas and whether if i should do the same Basically anything to solve this annoying problem My system spec s are available to see so please help me I m terribly sorry for posting such a long post i just wanted to give as much info as possible as I do not want to ruin my computer Thank you for your time Regards Nav nbsp

A:Faulty Device Driver

Can you tell us what error code(s) were displayed when it blue screened like 0x0000000050 as an example? NDIS.sys is a Windows core driver and it doesn't really tell us much

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-device-driver.105912/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello guys as you know I'm new to this forum and was seeking help on an issue that has been stressing me out and none of the troubleshooting I have done has really helped me clearly The driver that is causing my bsod is affiliated with the process ntoskrnl exe I don't really know what driver that may be some research told me that it was a core file of the windows operating system but I don't know for sure I faulty driver BSOD, have also done the driver verifier for around roughly - hours and when it was running was when it pinpointed me to the process that is used by the driver causing the bsod errors If anyone can look through the logs of my minidumps I also have a program located in the systemroot minidump thats called bluescreenview don't pay attention to that in the zip that would be great System Specs Code Is Windows - x -bit or x x - the original installed OS on the system Yes - BSOD, faulty driver an OEM or full retail version Full Retail Version - What is the age of system hardware Around months - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS months no Download Link Attachment

A:BSOD, faulty driver

Quote: Originally Posted by The Office

Hello guys, as you know I'm new to this forum and was seeking help on an issue that has been stressing me out and none of the troubleshooting I have done has really helped me clearly. The driver that is causing my bsod is affiliated with the process ntoskrnl.exe. I don't really know what driver that may be, some research told me that it was a core file of the windows operating system but, I don't know for sure. I have also done the driver verifier for around roughly 24-36 hours and when it was running was when it pinpointed me to the process that is used by the driver causing the bsod errors. If anyone can look through the logs of my minidumps(I also have a program located in the %systemroot%\minidump thats called bluescreenview, don't pay attention to that in the zip), that would be great .

System Specs:

Code:
Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes
- an OEM or full retail version? Full Retail Version

- What is the age of system (hardware)? Around 5 months
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 5 months, no.

Download Link:
Attachment 150146

Afraid the were no DMP's in the upload. You uploaded the app not the DMPs.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158165-bsod-faulty-driver.html
Relevancy 52.03%

so it was working fine my laptop i closed the screen and i guess it went to sleep mode and when i opened it back up i pressed the the power button. well dell direct media came up and said something about a new user but i already have used it so i hit the power button again and now vista will not start up not even in none of the safe modes. i did the fn+ power thing. and everything said it was fine. im so lost. is there anything ican do? plz help me. this laptop isnt even mine and i would like to fix before i get it back to him.

Relevancy 52.03%

I run LogMeIn software and last night it required an update to an active-x driver or so it said I permitted the download and installation but I wrongly refused to allow the immediate reboot I know but I was busy with something else and the option to reboot later was offered Now on bootup I get blue screen session initialization failed F Same on safe mode boot as well unfortunately I can boot with UBCD WIN a driver able Can boot? being eliminate without I faulty to CD and so I can to a greater or lesser extent poke around on my system My question is if I can identify which new driver vxd was just installed is there a way I Can I eliminate a faulty driver without being able to boot? can remove that driver from the bootup sequence so my system can boot at all and then reinstall it correctly Or is my best bet to manually roll back the registry files to a working date In the ultimate situation I have a drive image from quite recently so am reasonably happy to try quick-fixes before the nuclear option nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-eliminate-a-faulty-driver-without-being-able-to-boot.181770/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi
Can somebody help me find whats causing the bsod? I finally gave up a few days ago thinking it was software related, but reinstalled OS completely and getting it even if it is a fresh system. removed 2 memory stick at a time, thinking its memeory fault, ran MS memory test without problem and I still get random bsod:s. I get it even if the computer is idle! The bsod doesn't look the same (to me!!) and I was hoping somebody could help me out.

attatching 2 outputs from bsod and a PSTAT.exe output as well hoping u guys can help me track down the problem..

Regards

//Lasse

A:help finding faulty driver in bsod

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-finding-faulty-driver-in-bsod.43377/
Relevancy 52.03%

With my cpu Faulty Network Driver? By Cpu 100% Caused and page file being maxxed out just after booting up I used SYSInternals ProcessManager and found out that it wasn t explorer exe that was using up all the processors resources but DPC s This process jumped from - every seconds So of the time the cpu is at This made my PC VERY sluggish when doing ANYTHING I Cpu 100% Caused By Faulty Network Driver? learned the symptoms my pc had looked like a broken driver and so I did another search for DPCs Cpu 100% Caused By Faulty Network Driver? causing problems and got a microsoft com link all about them Here it is http www microsoft com whdc device netwo IS NDISdrv mspx I realise now that it was for developers etc but it seemed like it was still alone the right lines It said they might be set up to initialize a driver Cpu 100% Caused By Faulty Network Driver? before the actual file is ready to be operated and that this value could be changed to wait several seconds before trying to start anything NDIS is the one in question I think this may be it I also found that NDIS is network related so as I am connected to AOL via a BT voyager ADSL usb modem this could be it AOL recently sent out an update for the broadband modems and I had no choice but to install it I have had to constantly reinstall drivers for it as well as my audio and my graphics Is there a fix for NDIS driver problems My graphics is updated by firmware and my audio driver NEEDS the update from the manf website as the one on the disc doesn t help So what choices do I have I hope this is enough info for you guys I m also registered on VirtualDR and have posted my HijackThis log file and a startup summary and I ve been told that it s okay I ve deselected ALL my startup items and it makes no difference to the pc s performance I ve ran every spyware virus scan used scandisk on my HDDs and defragged both drives The PC is fine in Safe Mode I m gt lt this close to reinstalling XP but this will probably cause more harm than good I know I waffle a bit but hey that s me thanx any help u got strong I am running Microsoft XP Home SP K S a Pro Mainboard AMD Athlon XP MB SDRAM nVidia MB GeForce MX AOL via BT Voyager ADSL usb modem Adaware and Spybot S amp D Microsoft Anti-spyware Beta and AVG NEC DVDRW - Dual Layer GB Maxtor HDD GB Maxtor HDD

A:Cpu 100% Caused By Faulty Network Driver?

I have found out several times that the Microsoft Anti-spyware caused my machine to run slowly. As soon as I deleted the app everything went back to normal.Keep in mind that Adaware and Spybot are not active programs, that is, they must be run by you and do not provide real-time protection the way that AVG antivirus does. I suggest also installing SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard and Startup Inspector. They run in the background and cause no slowdowns that I can notice.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53057/cpu-100-caused-by-faulty-network-driver/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello and thanks in advance for your time and energy I ve been getting blue screen s intermittently for a few weeks now and can t seem to isolate what the problem might be I can t pin it down to anything installed or updated recently and I also checked inside the computer for excessive dust or anything that might not be seated correctly like the RAM but is driver find BSOD-can't faulty which everything seems fine BSOD-can't find which driver is faulty It tends to happen when I m running several things at once ie -importing a c d with iTunes defragmenting with Diskeeper Lite and running say a Kaspersky AV or Superantispyware scan I ve tried running Driver Verifier but am not sure what I m looking for as no specific driver is mentioned but this is the stop message I get when verifying all the drivers DMA subsystem has detected an illegal DMA operation initiated by the driver being verified The faulty driver must be replaced with a working version stop X E Finally this is the stop message I got during normal use not using Driver Verifier Driver corrupted mmpool X D Here s the system summary and thanks again for your help OS Name- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version- Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer- Microsoft Corporation System Type- X -based PC Processor- x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz Processor- x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date- Phoenix Technologies LTD ASUS P N -SLI PREMIUM ACPI BIOS Revision SMBIOS Version- Windows Directory- C WINDOWS System Directory- C WINDOWS system Boot Device- Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer- Version quot xpsp sp rtm - quot Time Zone- Central Daylight Time Total Physical Memory- MB Available Physical Memory- GB Total Virtual Memory- GB Available Virtual Memory- GB Page File Space- GB Page File- C pagefile sys nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

anyone seen the attached before?

error message reads - faulty driver currently on the kernel stack??

all help and comments appreciated before i start to run various solutions and try to resolve the issue.

thanks.

please note
- all applications installed before this issue have now been removed.
- system now more stable but still issue happens
- computer will run in safe mode no issues

A:faulty driver currently on the kernel stack??

Hi

aswsp.sys is part of Avast antivirus. You should run Avast removal tool from "Safe Mode" to properly remove all Avast components.

avast! Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for avast! Removal

You should also disable "Driver Verifier" as per this guide - Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
If the issue persists, please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/338868-faulty-driver-currently-kernel-stack.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All Background I spent a whole day re-installing windows -bit and configuring it plus adding my applications and then doing all the updates The following day I spent re-partitioning my secondary HDD's so that I Faulty Adapter or Network Driver Dodgy could have a partition solely for Steam and Origin games totalling nearly a TB and then copying them from their backup to the new partition Everything was working just fine and I left Steam running updates on some of the games however when Dodgy Driver or Faulty Network Adapter I came back to see if the job had finished I discovered it had not and in actual fact it didn't get much further than when I left it but it appeared the connection was lost Under closer examination it turned out that the device manager was indicating a driver or hardware fault with my Belkin N adapter and another device a USB Hub actually a desk fan with a -port USB hub The problem To solve this I initially thought it was the driver so I uninstalled the driver restarted PC installed latest driver but straight away it reported quot Windows could not installed the device quot or whatever it says under a failed device installation Tried a different USB port - same result Next step try the older driver same result Noticing that my hub that was previously working is now not I thought it could be the intel chipset drivers that control the USB ports - however I already had the latest installed Eventually I managed to over write the newer ones with the original drivers that came with my motherboard Restarted PC and re-installed latest network adapter drivers but again failed to install correctly Installed network adapter on laptop OS XP SP -bit with latest drivers - worked perfectly Side Note originally in device manager the name of the adapter appeared but now it just says quot Universal Serial Bus USB controller quot which leads me to believe the adapters at fault yet it works under xp plus my usb hub went at the same time which tends to suggest the USB driver however I have overwritten them Any advice on how to get my adapter usb working Computer Specification Motherboard Asrock Z Extreme CPU i k GHz RAM GB DDR GPU Pallit Geforce GTS MB DDR Green Edition

A:Dodgy Driver or Faulty Network Adapter

Quick Update:
I just looked up issues with Belkin F5D5083 v3 adapter with Windows 7 64-bit and no-one has had any issues after Belkin released "2.0.0.12" Driver Version plus I had no issue with it in my prior windows installation which I had since at least beginning January this year.

Also I have managed to install a cheap network adapter I keep on standby - with no issues to speak of yet.

Quick Update 2:
I believe its a driver issue as a working USB won't even install correctly in the original USB port.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302331-dodgy-driver-faulty-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm getting a BSOD in Vista.

BCCode:1
BCP1: 8281D2F6
BCP3: 0000FFFE

If I'm correct then this is typically due to a bug in a device driver (APC_Index_Mismatch)

I've checked through Device Manager and there are no warning symbols on the devices.

I've run a verifier check in Vista for all the drivers. This did not identify any drivers. The screen just stayed blue for a while before starting.

At present the PC starts but it stays blue for a period of time after login. It is also running very slowly.

How can I identify which driver is causing the issue?

A:Finding Faulty Device Driver - Vista?

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/287415-finding-faulty-device-driver-vista.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I received the following Blue Screen of Death stating quot stop X C X X X X AD C a device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught the faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version beginning dump of physical memory dump physical memory to disk thru contact your administrator quot Then the computer reboots and runs through the same cycle again and again My Problem I do not know how to identify and replace a faulty driver on the kernal stack much less where to find a working version So I did the following before posting this message I read through the archives of this forum for any post with quot driver quot quot kernel quot and quot memory dump quot that I thought was relevant I performed the Microsoft Memory Diagnostic via the Microsoft Online Crash Analysis webpage Note Memory was OK I installed Spybot ran it and cleaned out recommended files I installed Ad-aware ran it and cleaned out recommended files The above only cleaned up the computer and did not assist me in identifying the faulty driver on the kernal stack Further once I do Kernel replace driver to on Need Stack faulty identify the faulty driver what do I do Any assistance Need to replace faulty driver on Kernel Stack is appreciated Thanks email protected nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi not so long ago I upgraded to windows however i began receiving random BSODs Now why do i think it is a driver problem First up the computer worked fine in windows XP and I have made no hardware faulty help in driver Windows the 7, need locating BSODs changes since Second I tried using the driver verifier tool and when I added all drivers in the verifying process I would get a BSOD on every startup until BSODs in Windows 7, need help locating the faulty driver i disabled driver verification from safe mode stating that I need to replace a faulty driver on the kernel however no mentioning of what driver I tried disabling drivers by standard categories e g old windows drivers everything except Microsoft drivers but with no luck Could it be one of the microsoft drivers Is there no way to log what happens at the BSOD at startup after having added all drivers to driver verifier small thought I have been getting some corrupt data using my computer e g a downloaded file which lead me to think that the problem has something to do with data management or read write to the HDD I included the most recent minidumps thanks for any help at all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsods-in-windows-7-need-help-locating-the-faulty-driver.909754/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys First post here as I've looked driver kernal stack on BSOD Error: the Faulty on the internet for a couple BSOD Error: Faulty driver on the kernal stack of weeks now and not found a definitive solution to my problem About a month ago I was having problems with my drivers whereby I was crashing in games and sometimes even browsing the internet with a couple of tabs The game would freeze up and then the graphics card would restore itself but crash the game This was usually followed by the blue screen error I am getting now BSOD Error: Faulty driver on the kernal stack soon afterwards I have done a fresh reinstall of Windows and it has been working fine up until two weeks ago whereby I get sporadic blue screens that occur whether I am on a game have Chrome open or if I'm literally just sitting on my desktop doing nothing So far I have tried disabling and deleting the currents settings for the Driver Verifier but has done nothing I am open to any suggestions or ways around this As a side note sometimes when I blue screen my computer will reboot but the monitor will not load up properly I am forced to manually switch off the computer unplug the cable and hold the power button down for a while before plugging it back in and booting it up again however this only happens half of the time I have no idea what causes this Thanks -As a side note if there are any files that I need to attach I should be able to provide them I have attempted to attach one of my crash dumps to this post but cannot get permission to access it even after changing the permissions under its properties Please note that I am by no means an expert with computers so if any technical jargon could be put into simplified terms that would be very much appreciated Thanks again

A:BSOD Error: Faulty driver on the kernal stack

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290643-bsod-error-faulty-driver-kernal-stack.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi people of windows 8,
I am experiencing an issue with a prolific USB serial adapter on win8.1.
Google taught me the adapter works with an older driver but not with the latest one.
I can get it to work with driver version 3.2, but when I reboot, the driver is automatically reset to 3.4 and the adapter stops working. I have to manually modify this every time which obviously is a hassle.
Things I tried: in device manager, right click the device, delete the driver. This only works until the next reboot.
Manually setting the driver to v3.2-> same result.
control panel>software: there is no option to delete version 3.4, only to delete version 3.2

Could anyone tell me how to delete v3.4 definitively and to stop windows from updating to the faulty driver?

A:usb serial driver updates automatically to faulty version

You can try to rollback that driver in device manager (from 3.4 to 3.2). That should work for you and it should be permanent:

Good luck,

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41461-usb-serial-driver-updates-automatically-faulty-version.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

For about a week now I can't turn my computer off, it will get as far as saying shutting down (after logging off) then crashes with the message

Faulty driver on the kernal stack must be replaced with a working version

It seems to have started around the time it did a windows update but I also reinstalled Itunes around the same sort of time

My computer was built for me last aug and the specs are:

windows 7 home premium 64bit
4gb ram
AMD Athlon II x2 260 processor 3.20ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1gb
Board: ECS MCP61M-M3 7.0, Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080015 11/03/2010
Hard drive - Hitachi HDS5C1010CLA SCSI Disk Device (1000.20 GB)
Kaspersky Internet security

I have attached the files from the minidump and system health report

I do have the problem with NVIDIA drivers where they constantly crash although I don't remember that happening since I got the BSOD problem

A:BSOD Faulty driver on the kernal stack must be replaced

Please can anyone help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224848-bsod-faulty-driver-kernal-stack-must-replaced.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello anyone who can help me.

This week i started getting these and they are sporadic, sometimes happening frequently almost as soon as windows appears. I have used driver sweeper to clean all drivers and this helped for a while. I have now tried to use combofix but this causes the BSOD every time without fail. I have scanned with AVG and Microsoft Essentials and they come up clean, have scanned from both in safe mode and they identified and cleaned a few things but didnt stop the problem. Relevant files are attached, if anyone has some advice it would be much appreciated.

A:BSOD- need to replace faulty driver on kernel stack

Quote: Originally Posted by CoalMarx

Hello anyone who can help me.

This week i started getting these and they are sporadic, sometimes happening frequently almost as soon as windows appears. I have used driver sweeper to clean all drivers and this helped for a while. I have now tried to use combofix but this causes the BSOD every time without fail. I have scanned with AVG and Microsoft Essentials and they come up clean, have scanned from both in safe mode and they identified and cleaned a few things but didnt stop the problem. Relevant files are attached, if anyone has some advice it would be much appreciated.

Driver verified your AVG is the cause. Remove and replave with Microsoft Security essentials

AVG - PC TuneUp 2011 | Registry Cleaner, File Recovery, Internet Accelerator
or
AVG Removal Tool
Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\061611-24882-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (3 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17592.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82a15000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82b5e4d0
Debug session time: Thu Jun 16 13:46:27.569 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:05.036
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. This is
because the driver was specified in the registry as being suspect (by the
administrator) and the kernel has enabled substantial checking of this driver.
If the driver attempts to corrupt the system, bugchecks 0xC4, 0xC1 and 0xA will
be among the most commonly seen crashes.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, caller is trying to allocate zero bytes
Arg2: 00000000, current IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, pool type
Arg4: 00000000, number of bytes

Debugging Details:
------------------

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgtdix.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgtdix.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgtdix.sys

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_0

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

PROCESS_NAME: avgnsx.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82d4bf1f to 82af3f2c

STACK_TEXT:
b74d7a10 82d4bf1f 000000c4 00000000 00000000 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
b74d7a30 82d5ba31 00000000 00000000 00000001 nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+0x30
b74d7a48 82d47b7b 00000080 00000000 b74d7a8c nt!ExAllocatePoolSanityChecks+0xb2
b74d7a7c 82d4774f 00000080 00000000 f24b5357 nt!VeAllocatePoolWithTagPriority+0x68
b74d7a98 8f2f65d0 00000000 00000000 f24b5357 nt!VerifierExAllocatePoolWithTag+0x1e
b74d7ad4 8f242156 ac3d2f68 ad014f68 00000020 afd!WskTdiEHReceive+0xb3
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
b74d7b20 8f2422eb b9538f48 ad02cf30 00000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/170190-bsod-need-replace-faulty-driver-kernel-stack.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I Kernal fast driver - on Stack Faulty CRASHING posted on XP instead of this Forum Please close the XP one as I couldn t figure out how to Sorry Thanks Hi and thank you in advance STOP x C Device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught A faulty driver currently on the kernal stack Faulty driver on Kernal Stack - CRASHING fast must be replaced with a working version Event Viewer - Application Faulty driver on Kernal Stack - CRASHING fast Error Context index on C systemvolumeinformation catalog wci is corrupt I ll attach HijackThis logs Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setup C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center bin mpbtn exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http windstream net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center lnk C Program Files ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center bin matcli exe O - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-driver-on-kernal-stack-crashing-fast.702662/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey there I m on a Dell Vostro with Vista SP installed About - weeks ago the HDD decided to pooch itself Miraculously it was able to be recovered wiped and I started again with a blank slate What caused the original wipe is to me shut caused downs driver? faulty Random by unknown I left for the weekend after powering it down and came back to find that It hadn t been tampered with and I kept a clean running virus-free machine Anyways after I installed MSSE for virus protection I went through and Random shut downs caused by faulty driver? did my updates then started to reapply most of my personal applications After I got through some of the more basic ones I decided to try and tackle the ATI Radeon series PCI graphics card in my old box Now before the wipe it worked PERFECTLY I kinda liked it even though it was an ATI Anyways their updating system seems to be botched in the fact that if you don t go in and manually delete the drivers control centre random third party crap they install the updates don t like to work I fought and scrapped with this until I got it barely running with my control centre So after that fiasco it ran fine for about - boot ups After that it started saying that my ATI driver was not compatable with the control centre and vice versa Wasn t this magical About - boot ups after that and the machine would randomly shut down Now when it shuts down I m usually running WoW iTunes and maybe Google Chrome Which the computer before it decided to kill itself would run perfectly fine But now it decides that it needs to shutdown When it does decide to shut down the screen flashes then goes to black The HD light keeps going and the computer itself stays on for seconds or so then it all shuts down What I m wondering is if this is because of the drivers Or because of something that wasn t installed properly Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-shut-downs-caused-by-faulty-driver.962499/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all Last week i built my new case with all the online reboots, minidumps driver faulty device same hardware plus a new WD Raptor harddrive which now functions as system disk I installed the software as I always did cuz i never had BSOD problems in the past My OS is Windows XP Pro SP with all updates and I used all the same drivers that i always used Except for the ATI driver cuz there was a newer version faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online available which i downloaded and faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online installed Then i got the reboot problems related to a faulty device driver but the error message wouldn t tell me which device driver So i thought i must ve messed up somewhere and i did a fresh install again But the problem persisted After installing the latest Java Runtime i got my system in a boot loop and with System Recovery i determined that the Silicon Image faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online Raid controller was causing the boot loop Since i don t use that i disabled it in BIOS removed the driver and the boot loop was gone But unfortunatley the device driver reboots kept coming every now and then I removed the new ATI graphics driver Catalyst with the one i was using before Catalyst No luck still reboots now and then Additional info My former system disk a Maxtor gb SATA has a few bad blocks and when formatted it gave a lot of error entries in my system log But it never gave me reboot issues when i was using it as system disk It was just noisy now and then but it works It s now one of my data disks And since the information from the Microsoft error report tells me it s a device driver problem i doubt that it s the cause of the reboots So could someone please analyze my minidumps for me to determine which device driver is causing the trouble please I have already made debuglog txt files as described in another thread to make it easier for u experts and in the filenames i added the system log event id s and error code for that minidump There s minidump for the Silicon Image Raid Controller driver error fixed that but just for additional info file with my system specs and minidumps from the device driver errors that i m still having You can find the files HERE Please help i would really appreciate it nbsp

A:faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are crashing at regspy.sys. This is one of your Bitdefender drivers.

Take a look HERE at a possible solution.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-device-driver-reboots-minidumps-online.38558/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've tried using the DDU and reinstall different drivers, both normally through the program and update driver using the device management. It was working before but all the sudden it just started crashing a few days ago. When I'm doing something more video intensive stuff, playing games or watching videos, it would start flickering and crash. Sometimes it would recover successfully error, sometimes it does not. If I just keep trying with the DDU and reinstalling driver, it would sometimes work for that night but something will go wrong the next day. It's just a repeated process for a few days now. I've attached dump.zip a screenshot of the bsod, and the analyzed zip file of my pc.
Please feel free to let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks for any help.

A:XFX R9 290 BSOD (amdkmdap.sys)

Hello and welcome nobody mate that atikmpag.sys dump is usually a fix of removing the Catalyst Control Centre and using the device driver only have you tried that? Download Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/402059-xfx-r9-290-bsod-amdkmdap-sys.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there as of a driver OS Repairing BSOD's Windows files after corrupted faulty stupid Repairing Windows after faulty driver BSOD's corrupted OS files faulty LAN-driver by Intel Sony I got horrible problems with BSOD's and graphics failures and due to my stupid unsystematic approach it took me a while to fix it Simply Installing Repairing Windows after faulty driver BSOD's corrupted OS files newest ethernet drivers after I found out they were responsible As of now my system Win Pro x is a total wreck can't open either my explorer or my substitute program Directory Repairing Windows after faulty driver BSOD's corrupted OS files Opus opening the context menu crashes the explorer exe and often I just can't left- click on something Problems uninstalling and installing stuff also Now how do I again start amp proceed with the Windows repair without losing any data or having to reformat The awful European Sony support was no help at any time If you're curious to further investigate into my issue I attach you the log file that quot sfc scannow quot download here MB brought as well as the log file of my failed installation try of avast virusscan No I don't have a virus malware checked for that at least Funny enough in safe mode everything works this is also where I installed avast then Should I run any other scans in your opinion I think I'd just should repair it Thanks in advance Kind regards PS I hope assume you don't consider this issue for the BSOD forum as I already fixed it But of course you're free to move it

A:Repairing Windows after faulty driver BSOD's corrupted OS files

Please upload the new .dmp files, so we can see what is going on...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141767-repairing-windows-after-faulty-driver-bsods-corrupted-os-files.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi and Faulty Stack Solved: CRASHING Kernal on fast - driver thank you in advance STOP x C Device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught A faulty driver currently on the kernal stack must be replaced with a working version Event Solved: Faulty driver on Kernal Stack - CRASHING fast Viewer - Application Error Context index on C systemvolumeinformation catalog wci is corrupt I ll attach HijackThis logs Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setup C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Solved: Faulty driver on Kernal Stack - CRASHING fast Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center bin mpbtn exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http windstream net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center lnk C Program Files ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center bin matcli exe O - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Truste... Read more

A:Solved: Faulty driver on Kernal Stack - CRASHING fast

Closing this one and opened a new one under the FORUM Malware & HijackThis. I could not figure out how to just change this one. Sorry for any inconv. Please take a look at my open one as my computer crashes after 5 mins. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-faulty-driver-on-kernal-stack-crashing-fast.702431/
Relevancy 50.31%

Edit I found a solution scroll further down nbsp I have been having problems with my new Split x similar to those already explained in the forums by other users The symptoms are as follows Unusual hanging or freezing of the mouse pointer on the screen and temperamental use of gestures two finger scrolling zooming etc Slowing down of computer generally acting sluggish and freezing during only light use and or after screen being closed The symptoms seems to change depending Touchpad 13-m121sa on Faulty x2 Causi... Split Driver Synaptics on the length of time the computer has been switched on and are affected by disconnecting reconnecting the screen from the dock Being quite good with these things I decided to investigate and have uncovered the following The root cause of Faulty Synaptics Touchpad Driver on Split x2 13-m121sa Causi... both of these problems is the Synaptics Touchpad driver While the newest version available from the HP website seems to solve any unusual Faulty Synaptics Touchpad Driver on Split x2 13-m121sa Causi... freezing of the pointer it has a significant memory leak In other words as you move the pointer around the touchpad uses up the computer's memory This is normal but the problem is that the driver for the touchpad Faulty Synaptics Touchpad Driver on Split x2 13-m121sa Causi... does not give the memory back it cannot be reallocated This means after a couple of hours of using the computer or having the screen closed the memory reaches saturation point and the computer grinds to a halt nbsp If you are having the same problem have a look for yourself Open task manager and look at the performance tab Under the Memory heading you will see a value for 'Non-paged pool' With the computer idle this number shouldn't increase but move the mouse around and you will see it gradually go up without returning I have confirmed this to be the Synaptics driver by using the Windows tool poolmon exe - the culprits are Irp and SynT nbsp Regarding solutions I have tried many - but there is no absolute fix You can uninstall the Synaptics Touchpad driver and the problem will go away - no more freezing or high memory usage But without the driver the computer reverts to using the standard Windows driver - therefore there is no multitouch gestures like scrolling or zooming I have tried installing the generic Synaptics driver available from their website and the computer won't allow it Regardless of this I forced the driver install but the generic driver does not work with this Touchpad anyway Error code I have tried the latest version and an older one with no success Even earlier versions e g x x refuse to run on the grounds of incompatibility nbsp HP Support suggest a system 'refresh' back to factory setting but apart from the huge inconvenience of time and losing files - I know this won't work either Apparently a clean install has worked for one user - but for this you need a Windows install disc or USB which I do not have - and I'm sceptical that it would work anyway So now I'm using the standard Windows touchpad driver without being able to scroll zoom or use the swipe-in gestures of Windows If a HP representative is reading this I would strongly suggest that this problem be escalated A simple update from Synaptics could solve this problem which is causing people's computers to freeze up and wasting your support staff's time TL DR HP's Touchpad driver is faulty and causes a memory leak Synaptics own generic drivers do not work And Windows standard drivers are unsatisfactory Solved View Solution

A:Faulty Synaptics Touchpad Driver on Split x2 13-m121sa Causi...

SOLVED!Through my own research I have found a solution. While the official newest driver listed under this model is 17.0.10.9 there is in fact a newer version which does not have this problem: version 17.0.10.16!I am still disappointed that HP didn't suggest this solution themselves, considering this driver was published back in November 2013! HP if you're reading this: please allocate this driver to this model in your support pages. Anyway, the solution is as follows:1. Open the Device Manager (Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager)2. Under 'Mice and other pointing devices' open 'Synaptics HID TouchPad'3. In the 'Driver' tab click on 'Uninstall'4. The pointer will disappear - reboot the computer5. Download the new driver from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-127354-1(if this link goes down try searching online for 'synaptics driver 17.0.10.16')6. Open and install the driver I hope this helps. HP, please send my consulation fee via PayPal(!)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Faulty-Synaptics-Touchpad-Driver-on-Split-x2-13-m121sa/td-p/4003326
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi in the last days I have problems with watching video clips online Every time i start a clip no matter from what site is going around - minutes and the screen go 4101 Warning black for second and when it restore the clip is not seen any more it showing green screen but it continue to go and the music is working to Warning 4101 I am able to watch movies Warning 4101 without problems and clips from the computer in different formats Anyway i check the logs and is shoes ''event display drive nvlddmkm stopped Warning 4101 responding and has successfully recovered'' I have install windows ultimate one year ago and it worked perfectly til days ago never had problems with the video clips I have try updating the driver automatic and even try manual download nothing I even update the bios of the computer nothing change Try updating every program that may have something to do with watching clips or video nothing I don't have any more ideas and i start to get really desperate because i really hate something to be wrong with the computer and not to know what So please if any one knows how to fix this i thank in advance

A:Warning 4101

shaneid, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Let's try an easy fix (for most that have had what you are describing). When watching a video online right click on it and select Settings and if checked, uncheck the following,

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/137749-warning-4101-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello for the past few years my computer driver help computer Random says error Blue and crashes - faulty Screen - Please Windows Premium crashes randomly The blue screen appears When I restart it everything seems fine but then it crashes again The data dump refers to a faulty device driver Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver I opened Device Manager and all of the drivers Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver seem fine I am not sure what to do and do not want to start trying to clean this up on my own Any help to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated The last time my computer crashed windows gave me this little error box on restarting The details are as follows- Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP FFFFF A BCP BCP BCP FFFFF E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Squayo AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Thank you and have a nice day

A:Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver

Did you recently install any windows updates? If so, their optional driver suggestions could have been crappy. I've seen issues where the wireless stops working if you download their optional drivers for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555533/please-help-random-blue-screen-and-computer-crashes-error-says-faulty-driver/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

Over the past week or so my PC has had a habit of crashing with notably the display switching off immediately and no mini-dumps being created. I decided to see whether a faulty was at work so I ran the driver verifier at least 4 - 5 times. Didn't take long for the results to show up. The system would soon BSOD when I logged in.

The results point towards possible USB driver problems but I don't know what I should do next as I don't want to do an action that can make things worse.

I've ran DM Log Collector and have attached the .zip file (hopefully it has been) to provide some info into this problem.

A:Bccode 0x000000c9: Trouble deciding ourse of action with Faulty Driver

It points to HIDclass which is generally caused by your mouse driver.
Do you have a PS/2 mouse you can try?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327769-bccode-0x000000c9-trouble-deciding-ourse-action-faulty-driver.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 48.59%

after reading some I saw this ( this Sometimes the BSOD does not occur, because it comes back quickly.) so I upload my system info using SF Debug Tool. thanks for your help

A:Error 4101 while playing some games

Check for BIOS updates for your Gigabyte motherboard. There have been recent issues with some models and there are updates to fix them. If possible, install it through the in-Windows update utility - it's much safer than a manual flash from a floppy drive!

Lot's of Windows Updates failures in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report. If the problems continue, please post over in the Windows Updates & Activation - Windows 8 Forums for further expert assistance with this issue.

It appears to be a problem with a USB device. What USB devices are connected to your system? Are you using both the rear ports and the front headers? (this presumes that this is a desktop system).

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 19:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Fri Oct 24 06:11:42.182 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102414-8484-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17328.amd64fre.winblue_r3.140827-1500
System Uptime:0 days 2:49:30.031
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for usb80236.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usb80236.sys
Probably caused by :usb80236.sys ( usb80236+2cfe )
BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}
BugCheck Info: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, A single DPC or ISR exceeded its time allotment. The offending
component can usually be identified with a stack trace.
Arg2: 0000000000000501, The DPC time count (in ticks).
Arg3: 0000000000000500, The DPC time allotment (in ticks).
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x133
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_usb80236+2cfe
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3410
BIOS Version U1L
BIOS Release Date 03/06/2013
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name To be filled by O.E.M.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Fri Oct 24 06:11:42.182 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 19:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
RtHDMIVX.sys Tue Jun 5 01:45:14 2012 (4FCD9CEA)
Rt630x64.sys Fri May 10 05:59:08 2013 (518CC4EC)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 04:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
RimUsb_AMD64.sys Mon Nov 25 16:52:56 2013 (5293C6B8)
rimvndis6_AMD64.sys Tue Jan 14 11:45:17 2014 (52D5699D)
RzFilter.sys Thu Apr 3 11:39:47 2014 (533D80C3)
RzDxgk.sys Thu Apr 3 11:39:50 2014 (533D80C6)
rzudd.sys Mon May 19 02:43:44 2014 (5379A820)
aswHwid.sys Thu Jun 26 07:31:26 2014 (53AC048E)
aswMonFlt.sys Thu Jun 26 07:32:51 2014 (53AC04E3)
aswRdr2.sys Thu Jun 26 07:33:28 2014 (53AC0508)
aswSnx.sys Thu Jun 26 07:34:44 2014 (53AC0554)
aswRvrt.sys Thu Jun 26 07:35:39 2014 (53AC058B)
aswVmm.sys Thu Jun 26 07:35:49 2014 (53AC0595)
aswStm.sys Thu Jun... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56114-error-4101-while-playing-some-games.html
Relevancy 48.16%

For about a year now i have had problems one after another with my pc and ave been able to handle them and find what was wrong but this is something i had to get help with my pc will randomly freeze while using firefox ie ect.. and most of the time it will just crash but sometimes it will say display driver has recovered. well today i found a very interesting event log that looked like this any suggestions? yes i have reinstalled my drivers
The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video5
!06d7(1bb8)

A:BSOD and display crash, event id 14

Please follow the instructions here to get BSOD help:

System Info - See Your System Specs

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/297261-bsod-display-crash-event-id-14-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello folks I Vista driver related) Problem multiple-monitor and/or (display Display seem to be having multiple problems all at the same time all of which may or may not be related but let me start from the beginning This all started when I tried to connect my Inspiron laptop to our television For some reason my Vista Display Problem (display driver and/or multiple-monitor related) laptop froze Vista Display Problem (display driver and/or multiple-monitor related) the image on both my computer and TV had white lines across it and so I turned off my system since it was locked up I restarted and began having display problems - first windows were not opening in the desktop area They would open in the system tray but were quot unreachable quot by the mouse I played with display settings and got the screen to fit but now seem to have primary problems PROBLEM Whenever I play games view pictures or Windows Media Player I see strange quot plaid boxes quot However the desktop is fine and everything else appears to work fine I contacted NVIDIA and I have installed different driver versions as well as the OEM Dell s driver s - all did not work - I still saw the distorted images when playing games viewing pictures and videos I have also completed System Restore s to points prior to when I was having the problem - unfortunately that did not work Here are screenshots of what I am seeing http farm static flickr com fa b jpg http farm static flickr com e a c b jpg http farm static flickr com f b cae b jpg PROBLEM This problem may stem from the original TV incident When I click on Display Settings my computer shows another monitor connected but there isn t one I try disabling it or deleting one of them and it goes right back to the Generic PnP before this happened I could have sworn the Generic non-PnP monitor was the default but if I choose that option everything disappears but the wallpaper and I am unable to do anything Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing http farm static flickr com c cf b jpg http farm static flickr com b b jpg If I go to DISPLAY SETTINGS - ADVANCED - TROUBLESHOOT I am unable to turn off acceleration because the box is faded Also my system info OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Inspiron System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A DISPLAY Name NVIDIA GeForce M GT PNP Device ID PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV A amp A BA D amp amp Adapter Type GeForce M GT NVIDIA compatible Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce M GT Adapter RAM MB bytes Installed Drivers nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll nvwgf um dll Driver Version INF File oem inf Section section Color Planes Not Available Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Bits Pixel Memory Address xFD - xFDFFFFFF Memory Address xE - xF FFFFFF Memory Address xFA - xFEAFFFFF I O Port x EF - x EF F IRQ Channel IRQ I O Port x B - x BB I O Port x C - x DF Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Driver c windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys MB bytes PM Please help nbsp

A:Vista Display Problem (display driver and/or multiple-monitor related)

The first set of pictures that you put up look like classics examples of bad video RAM. In a desktop PC I would tell you to swap out the video card with a differnt one to verify that is the issue since in a few cases bad drivers can cause the issue but it's highly unlikely. Professional service by a local non big box computer shop is your best bet at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-display-problem-display-driver-and-or-multiple-monitor-related.908168/
Relevancy 48.16%

Computer freezes every second until I close the program It happens while Browsing the some sites especially facebook - with any browser using WMP to watch movies - from any source Playing Games like Archeage This is what i've done so far to try to fix Reinstalled Driver with the following steps Delete existing drivers from your computer In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program' For computers with AMD processors Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only Reboot into 'safe mode' In safe mode run Guru D's DDU Reboot Archeage, playing Error 4101? BSOD Install the new driver suite Physically reset the graphics card BSOD playing Archeage, Error 4101? on MB Tried using previous driver versions This is the error log from event viewer - System - Provider Name Display - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel System Computer PC Security - EventData amdkmdap I've also attacked the BSOD dmp file Other things to note AMD FX- Ram gb AMD Radeon R i think its i know its series windows ultimate bit My computer system is new not overclocked all default settings all windows updates done before driver installed there is plenty of power w PS not overheating usually c - c Any help is greatly appreciated

A:BSOD playing Archeage, Error 4101?

Hi Bay.

A stray crash dump is not enough. Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8009804010, fffff88003c0b038, 0, d}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b038 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8009804010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88003c0b038, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 000000000000000d, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+b038
fffff880`03c0b038 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`045fd618 fffff880`1211a134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`09804010 fffff880`03c0b038 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`045fd620 fffff880`12119ebb : fffff880`03c0b038 fffffa80`09804010 fffffa80`09cbc010 fffffa80`094da010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`045fd660 fffff880`121c1f13 : fffffa80`09804010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09cbc010 fffffa80`094da010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x21f
fffff880`045fd690 fffff880`121efed6 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`000078a6 fffff880`045fd7f0 fffffa80`094da010 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`045fd770 fffff880`121ebe21 : fffffa80`097a0000 ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`07aac570 fffff880`121d09d3 : dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x196
fffff880`045fd7b0 fffff880`121ebfd9 : fffffa80`097a0000 fffffa80`094da010 fffffa80`097a1900 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForCompletePreemption+0x7d
fffff880`045fd8a0 fffff880`121eaeb8 : 00000000`0000001b 00000000`00008849 fffffa80`07aac570 fffffa80`094da010 : dxgmms1!VidSchiSendToExecutionQueueWithWait+0x171
fffff880`045fd9a0 fffff880`121ea514 : fffff800`00b96000 fffff880`121e9f00 fffffa80`00000000 fffffa80`00000120 : dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitRenderCommand+0x920
fffff880`045fdb90 fffff880`121ea012 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09cbc010 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`094da010 : dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitQueueCommand+0x50
fffff880`045fdbc0 fffff800`02f6c73a : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`094d3b50 fffffa80`06cde5f0 fffffa80`094d3b50 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xd6
fffff880`045fdc00 fffff800`02cc18e6 : fffff800`02e4be80 fffffa80`094d3b50 fffff800`02e59cc0 fffffa80`06d46410 : nt!PspSystemThread... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348452-bsod-playing-archeage-error-4101-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 47.73%

I'd like a subform in Access 2002 that, when the user clicks on an empty record, opens a dialog that asks what type of data the user is entering (such as Do you want to enter a Submessage Field?). If the user clicks Yes, I'd like the subform sfrmPosFieldSubmssgEntry to open. If the user clicks No, I'd like the subform sfrmPosFieldEntry to open.

So... How the heck do I set that up as an event procedure? I'd like it based on double-click.

As you can probably guess, I'm not too swift with VB (obviously or I wouldn't need to ask this question!). Thanks for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-procedure-to-display-alternate-subforms.233089/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there,

I have a question and am not really sure where to post it.

I work for a company who has a TV in the lobby area, they would like to have calendar events and other things show up as a part of the displaying features. Right now I am currently using just a PDF with a ton of photos running on a cycle.

Ideally they want to have photos of their work being displayed but also other items. Does anyone know if there are apps/OS/anything that has features that would work in this way?

Thank you!

A:Public Lobby Display - Calendar & Event Showing

You can make a slide show screensaver with photos from a specified folder. Use pictures as your screen saver - Windows Help
Or you can make a self advancing slide show in Microsoft Office PowerPoint
How to Create a Photo Slideshow with PowerPoint (with Sample Slideshows)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/public-lobby-display-calendar-and-event-showing-1115873.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Code Checking file system on C The type of the file system is NTFS Volume label is CrossHair A disk check has Log CHKDSK Event Full - Viewer Doesn't Display been scheduled Windows will now check the disk CHKDSK is verifying files stage of file records processed File verification completed large file records processed bad file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage of index entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of file SDs SIDs processed Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors Security descriptor verification completed data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK is verifying CHKDSK - Event Viewer Doesn't Display Full Log file data CHKDSK - Event Viewer Doesn't Display Full Log stage of Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd e for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd e for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd e for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd e b for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd e c for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd e c for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f d for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd b for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd bc for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd bd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd bd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbd f for x bytes Windows replaced bad clusters in file of name Users Public RECORD THEBLO WTV Read failure with status xc b at offset xd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd f for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd b for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd b for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd c for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd d for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd a for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd a for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd e for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd ea for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd eb for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd b for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xd c for x bytes Windows replaced bad clusters in file of name Users Public RECORD ACURRE WTV Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbdf for x bytes Read failure with status xc b at offset xdbdf for x bytes Read fai... Read more

A:CHKDSK - Event Viewer Doesn't Display Full Log

Would love a solution to this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/293645-chkdsk-event-viewer-doesnt-display-full-log.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Alright started getting the BugCheck crash with Event Kernel-Power BSOD a few times not long ago widely spaced out incidents it will lock up make a very weird repetitive Event Event BugCheck k57nd60a Kernel-Power 1001 41 4 Event noise through my stereo speakers and will also get black and white bars across the screen before the blue screen turns up and asks for restart option choice And Event k nd a has been Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a ongoing for Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a as long as I can remember Any ideas Event BugCheck The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x b x c xfffff a xfffff c a x A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting quot Guid quot ABCE E -DE - - - FA C quot EventSourceName quot BugCheck quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt x b x c xfffff a xfffff c a x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C Windows MEMORY DMP lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt - - lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Also I have checked the provided location for that dump file but it's not letting me get to it Event Kernel-Power - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xc lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff c a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Event k nd a Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet The network link is down Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot k nd a quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device NDMP lt Data gt lt Data gt Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet lt Data gt lt Binary gt lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt EDIT Further information BlueScreenView for this event shows ndis sys amp afd sys amp ntoskrnl exe in pink Bug check string SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug check code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff a Parameter fffff c a Parameter Caused by driver afd sys Caused by address afd sys a Crash address ntoskrnl exe cc

A:Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a

Memory exception but we need to examine the DMP files to find out why.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224259-event-1001-bugcheck-event-41-kernel-power-event-4-k57nd60a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2qjyjbd.jpg  Here is the screenshot of what happens.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Gi3xLcolBqg2cZMTWdtgWZQ  Here is information about my computer.

Thank you, any help would be really appreciated. 

A:Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver Vista(R) stopped responding.

I tried installing drivers but it failed to install and I proceeded with restarting anyway. Actually I  was goggling my problem and came here because someone had similar issue and was solved. I figured if he got it solved, why not try this website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502858/display-driver-intel-graphics-accelerator-driver-vistar-stopped-responding/
Relevancy 46.44%

So anyone got any ideas for this issue? It seems as if though its not hardware related and more driver/software related. I've put my cpu at stock settings underclocked my graphics card changed ram timings and this is a new set of sticks since i replaced them following someones post saying that that was their issue so gave it a try but apparently it isn't go in safe mode uninstall drivers run driver sweep reboot reinstall nothing problem persists and yes i do have the latest mobo/vid drivers.

[CPU] Intel? Core? i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), Overclocked~4.2GHz
[RAM] 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 Triple channel
[MOBO] Asus Rampage II Extreme X58
[GPU] GTX 285 SSC X2 SLI 740/1660/2800
[HDD] WD Velociraptor 300GB x2 raid 0 stripe
[PSU] Corsair 1000HX
[SC] X-FI Titanium
[Case] Lian Li PC-P80
[OS] Windows Vista? Ultimate SP1

Everything looks in order?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nvlddmkm-sys-display-driver-has-stopped-responding-attempt-to-reset-driver-failed-363262.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba Satellite S70-B-10T, buy in November 2014. Since December 2015 he began to crash when I play League of legend after the
loading wit the error : "display driver has crashed and recovered".
I am on windows 10 I try to bac on Windows 7 and Windows 8 but the problem remains the same.
I try uninstall the driver and install correctly the latest same problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93279-Satellite-S70-B-10T-AMD-driver-crash-with-error-Display-driver-stopped-responding-and
Relevancy 46.44%

I am not sure if this is where it belongs or if it is a Graphics Card issue I have an Acer Aspire z- with an Intel R Pentium R p GHz MB cache This only happens to me while I am playing The Sims I have the game set on the lowest quality settings even though my laptop quot claims quot to be HD LED etc This issue still happens As you may know I cannot replace the graphics card as it is apart of the motherboard and to buy a new motherboard with a better graphics card would cost more than a new Graphics XP driver for Display Windows Driver Intel Stop Accelerator computer I have been the my manufacture's website and tried installing an Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver for Windows XP Stop update of the graphics card and that didn't do the trick either I am at my wits end and I just want to play the game without it shutting down and freezing my computer The reason I know the error is because I do Alt Tab to get back to the desktop The way it acts up while I am in game is the screen blacks out but I can still see the software's mouse and then it blinks a couple times and then freezes completely causing me to do a hard shut down What can I do to resolve this issue

A:Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver for Windows XP Stop

i havent found anybody that sells motherboards for acer with better a better graphics chipset. i would really like to have a better chipset tn this radeon express x1200.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/254215-display-driver-intel-graphics-accelerator-driver-windows-xp-stop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

For about a week now i have been experiencing a problem Anytime I try to watch a video on youtube or playing LoL my screen blacks out and it either 347.25 Driver Windows Display Driver, Mode Kernel NVIDIA Version Recovers successfully and displays the error Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Windows Version stopped responding and successfully recovered the screen completely blacks out and displays an error and PC has to restart I am currently running windows x GB RAM Intel Core i - QM Please help As soon as possible Thanks in advance And here is my Dxdiag Log result ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name ASUS-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model N SL BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel reg Core i - QM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.25 Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.25 bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel reg HD Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.25 Graphics Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel reg HD Graphics Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id SEC B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd igd umd Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E - - CF- - B C C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x B Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf IntelGfx NTamd iSNBM pci ven amp dev amp subsys b Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeWMV C ModeVC C Deinterlace Caps BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YV YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceT... Read more

A:Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.25

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark only the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571840/display-driver-nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-driver-version-34725/
Relevancy 46.44%

Here are my system specs

Athlon 64 X2 3800
Asus A8N32SLI Deluxe
2x Geforce 7800 GT
2 GB (4x512) Crucial Ballistics 2-2-2-6

Vista Ultimate x64
Nvidia Forceware 100.65

I experience a driver crash and recovery from time to time, especially when playing newer 3D games (primarily Lord of the Rings Online). Anyone else having any similar problems?

A:Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered - nvlddmkm nVidia Driver

Originally Posted by bataylor1314

Here are my system specs

Athlon 64 X2 3800
Asus A8N32SLI Deluxe
2x Geforce 7800 GT
2 GB (4x512) Crucial Ballistics 2-2-2-6

Vista Ultimate x64
Nvidia Forceware 100.65

I experience a driver crash and recovery from time to time, especially when playing newer 3D games (primarily Lord of the Rings Online). Anyone else having any similar problems?

Hi.
This driver it?s in beta version, remembered, only you need put in mode sli, only one GPU, and the porblem finish. I have 2x 6800, and y resolver with this way.

regards.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/51389-display-driver-stopped-responding-has-recovered-nvlddmkm-nvidia-driver.html
Relevancy 46.44%

quot display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version stopped responding and has recovered quot Hello and thanks in advance for your windows nvidia kernel driver version 332.21 stopped responding... mode display driver help I am using a Dell XPS computer with the following specs Windows Home Premium Service Pack Bit OS Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 332.21 stopped responding... GB RAM Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Dell has attempted to help me with this problem Prior to having this error pop up on my screen the computer would just have a blank screen at start up after the dell logo then the windows logo appeared They had me run the computer in safe mode with networking and they have uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled them they ran CCleaner and fixed all registry errors cleaned out temporary files they installed and ran Windows Security Essentials and got rid of any malware Finally they decided to send me a new graphics card They had a technician come install the new card and run a diagnostic test and update all drivers Everything seemed to be fine but when I opened a game on the system that uses the more intense graphics the screen went blank again I have not played any games since but while browsing the internet at random times I get the error message from the title of this post The screen will go blank for a few seconds then reappear with that message I have tried to do some research and have found that the error is probably something called TDR However I am not an expert and I am clueless Please let me know at your earliest convenience the steps I can take to resolve this issue nbsp

A:display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 332.21 stopped responding...

Can someone please help me with this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-driver-version-332-21-stopped-responding.1119473/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I was working with an audio recording software just now when I faced this error in the subject line The screen blacked for seconds Display Version 266.58 responding stopped Driver Driver Kernel Nvidia Mode Windows or so and then came Display Driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 266.58 stopped responding back Also I faced similar errors when I was using Power Point and a screen recorder software but the error was a bit different nvlkdm has stopped working Also I had just installed IE beta hardware acceleration opened the first site and the system crashed and I had to do Display Driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 266.58 stopped responding a hard reboot and Display Driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 266.58 stopped responding unistall IE to save my life from such errors again The errors are just random The nVidia drivers are downloaded the official nVidia and are the latest available for my DELL XPS M with M GT OS Win Ultimate bit I also got two BSOD s at different time with a message saying quot Unable to reset the display A problem occured with the display driver driver quot I noted this error code on the blue screen x nvlddmkm sys Dumping physical memory etc etc There are no Minidumps being formed in Windows Minidump I just enabled them now so I wasn t able to post any of them - All temperatures normal RAM test with Windows Memory Diagnostic memtest DELL Diagnostics pass no overclocking However I perfomed the stability test with Furmark for my grpahics acrd and the display started flickering with dots Earlier when I installed the driver and had the performed the stability it had ran absolutely fine for more than min I read somewhere it can be an issue of Windows Update KB and I looked it in Installed upadtes to uninstall this but I didn t see it listed there nbsp

A:Display Driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 266.58 stopped responding

Hi,
I unistalled the previous driver 266.58, clened using a driver sweeper. I installed the drivers that came with my system from DELL (At that time, I had Vista).
I installed the drivers in Compatibility Mode for Win Vista SP2. After this, when I performed the test, the system still crashed and I got this error on the desktop.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 8797F024
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
E:\Windows\Minidump\020711-32183-01.dmp
E:\Users\Sarin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-56690-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
E:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Here's the minidump file
020711-32183-01 Crash Dump File

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-driver-version-266-58-stopped-responding.979283/
Relevancy 46.44%

I received this error see subject line or below this evening while using Adobe Photoshop CS on my Windows -bit system Error occurred while attempting to use the slice tool in Photoshop The screen froze momentarily - seconds the went black - seconds and then came back to quot normal quot but with the error message in the bottom right corner of screen If occurred - times within minutes I rebooted Photoshop and it has not occurred since Display stopped Mode Windows Nvidia Kernal driver 185.93 Version responding Driver, but I m extremely worried since my computer is my livelihood and I cannot afford to be without it should it go down on me unexpectedly I had a local guy install this video card on my system - weeks ago http www staples com PNY-GeForce- -GT- GB-PCIe-Verto-Graphics-Card product cmArea SEARCH Not sure if it is the culprit or not Here s the error again quot Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver Version stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot Thanks in advance Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding for any assistance that is provided nbsp Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding

A:Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding

Try downloading the latest drivers from nVidia click on support then download drivers, without knowing your exact Display adapter model i cant give you the exact page to download from

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-nvidia-windows-kernal-mode-driver-version-185-93-stopped-responding.145500/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys recently my brother built a pc for me and successfully... stopped AMD driver Display has and driver responding everything is fine and Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully... running smooth but I keep getting this annoying error when I play like multiple clients of a game or just Call of Duty Like if I got - windowed clients of rose online and listen to music or i'm on twitch at the same time sometimes my screen goes black for like - sec and then the error pops up and most of my clients are ''not responding'' so I have to restart them or reset my shop etc so it's really annoying I've been getting this error for a while now sometimes it doesn't happen in like days and then it can happen - times in hours I've already googled and searched a lot but it was never clear and there was so many fixes that I gave up i'm not really good with pc's and everything so i'd really appreciate some help arghh I installed the latest drivers Still getting it was wondering if anyone could help me or know the exact problem of this Thank you so much

A:Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully...

Have this always happpened? It might be that your graphics card cannot handle it. Could you fill your system spec? System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/322250-display-driver-amd-driver-stopped-responding-has-successfully.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am totally weirded out by this I got a Samsung Evo ssd about a month ago I include this because it might cause the and Wifi corrupted/gone Driver, Display Printer, driver problem I am running windows x Last Saturday I woke up and my computer blue-screened because of a DPC WATCHDOG something or another I was able to fix it by updating my GPU and integrated graphics drivers Yesterday tuesday I went to print a document with LibreOffice and it said copied from a dialog box splwow exe - Bad Image Printer, Display Driver, and Wifi driver corrupted/gone --------------------------- C Windows system spool DRIVERS x UNIDRV DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator Printer, Display Driver, and Wifi driver corrupted/gone or the software vendor for support Error status xc f Okay I think I can print elsewhere I continue working still need a solution to this part of my question is how do I fix this Here is where it gets weirder today twice I put my computer to sleep and when it wakes up my wifi is gone boom nada I try toggling my PC into airplane mode I try turning Airplane mode off wifi stays off I try to turn the wifi on and it won't turn on I tried manually dragging it to no avail I am now assuming this is a driver issue Any ideas what could be causing this I have run a full scan of my AV and am scanning with ESET online but nothing yet

A:Printer, Display Driver, and Wifi driver corrupted/gone

Well problems went away... still no printer driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63597-printer-display-driver-wifi-driver-corrupted-gone.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey,

I'm running Windows 7 and this has happened a few times. The PC freezes and then starts working again. A little pop up appears 'Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has recovered'.

Code:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1:
P2:
P3:
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WD-20111113-1449.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-8590101-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Windows\Temp\WER15B4.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_0_0_cab_0f6315b4

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: b92a9a92-0e06-11e1-8abc-f46d048fe153
Report Status: 4

A:Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has recovered

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Most often this is caused by a problem with the display driver - but it can also be caused by other things (such as hardware problems, etc).

To check about the drivers, visit the ATI website ( Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD ) and download/install the latest version of the drivers for your system. FYI - your ATI drivers date from Feb 2010 - that's pretty old for a graphics driver!

If this doesn't fix things, the STOP error is a 0x117. This is very similar to the STOP 0x116 and troubleshooting is the same - so please visit this link to see other suggested troubleshooting: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums

Please uninstall SpeedFan as the giveio.sys driver dates from 1996. If you wish to continue using it, please download a fresh copy from the owners website.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\WD-20111113-1449.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Sun Nov 13 09:49:39.439 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:23:04.844
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+4ca0 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_TIMEOUT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x117
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x117_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000117
Arguments 85481008 8dc46ca0 00000000 00000000
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/display-driver-amd-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered-612302.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Howdy! I've recently had the infamous "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered." error while playing The Ship (Steam powered). I have done research and found the most recommended solution, which is upgrading my driver.
However, after downloading the new driver for my Intel Express 82945G video card, (6/6/2007, whereas my current one is in December) I read the readme. It explicitly states that you must have at least 1 GB of system memory. However, my new Windows Vista computer only has 512 MB. Because of this, I have not yet installed the driver.
Next course of action?
Thanks!

-Glunn

A:Display Driver Igfx Error/ok To Upgrade Driver?

It sounds like you definitely need the new driver, but if it states you need 1 gig...you probably do. If you are playing graphics intensive games you should likely upgrade anyway.

If it were me (and I am not advising you to do this) I would back everything up first, then go ahead and try to install the new driver, and see if it worked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97706/display-driver-igfx-errorok-to-upgrade-driver/
Relevancy 46.01%

So I have recently had an issue with the y ideapad laptop I know display driver background ... driver, 10 Y560 Windows WAY Y560 display driver, Windows 10 background driver ... past use of life but it's still plodding along just fine nbsp The display driver I think is crashing after the windows load screen on boot nbsp Make a long story short through my diagnosis of the laptop I thought it may be the thermals from the video card and CPU nbsp Ergo I Y560 display driver, Windows 10 background driver ... pulled the thing apart replaced the thermal compound and was still running into the same issue of the laptop not making to the login section on boot and occasionally throwing a black screen up in safe mode nbsp Went in via safe mode very odd by the way to get there on Windows and nuked the drivers for the old series mobility AMD card nbsp I was still experiencing the same issues after a fresh driver reinstall so I just resigned myself to using the laptop with the built in graphics on the MOBO instead of the video card nbsp Well after about an hour of putzing around feeling sorry for myself Windows blanks the screen out and pops up with the drivers re-installed and the screen looking like normal nbsp So my question is two fold nbsp Anyone have a solution for the blank screen after the windows boot screen all research points back to this being a problem years ago but driver updates seem to have solved the issue nbsp Is Windows doing funny things with my drivers in the background unbegonist to me nbsp While I have little doubt Windows IS doing things Y560 display driver, Windows 10 background driver ... I'm looking for a way to turn it off seeing as how I have such an old laptop and the drivers are JUST fine and dandy the way they are nbsp Thanks in advance -Liggett nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y560-display-driver-Windows-10-background-driver-downloads/td-p/3378651
Relevancy 45.58%

i can not figure out fails id wudrf 219 event driver to why i keep getting this warning id on boot i know it is the fingerprint reader on my x carbon i had the same problem on my t win bit and fixed it by installing lenovos protector suite sw but this is not compatible with the fpreader on nbsp the x nbsp and it was probably more a work around anyway here is the warning info can any one help it is driveng me nuts this is a new pc and win bit install - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP quot Guid quot C A - - D-ABD -E C quot gt nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt wudrf driver fails to event id 219 nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp lt Computer gt X - BSCTO WW lt Computer gt nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt - lt EventData gt nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverNameLength quot gt lt Data gt nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverName quot gt USB VID A amp PID c b c lt Data gt nbsp lt Data Name quot Status quot gt lt Data gt nbsp lt Data Name quot FailureNameLength quot gt lt Data gt nbsp lt Data Name quot FailureName quot gt Driver WUDFRd lt Data gt nbsp lt Data Name quot Version quot gt lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp lt Event gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3a40bb87-5a9d-42c3-9e1b-3cf4494634ac/wudrf-driver-fails-to-event-id-219?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 45.58%

I know a lot of you are familiar with the program quot Unlocker quot For those that aren t familiar with Unlocker it s basically a program used to release the hold another process may have on a folder or file in order to delete that folder or file The program works fine but each time I use it these warnings pop up in Event Viewer I m not on a network so I don t quite understand quot to display messages from a remote computer quot as stated in the warning description This is a stand alone system Have uninstalled and reinstalled Unlocker but the warnings still appear More of an anoyance than a problem although when I stop Unlocker by way of the tray icon it still shows as a running process in Process Explorer From there it is hard to kill Appreciate any suggestions or thoughts on the matter Event Type Warning Event Source UnlockerDriver Event Category None Event ID Date Unlocker Event Viewer: Driver 5 Time PM User N A Computer BLUESKY Description The description for Event ID in Source UnlockerDriver cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer Event Viewer: Unlocker Driver 5 You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event Device UnlockerDriver Data h nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-unlocker-driver-5.698917/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello SF users Couple of days a go I am starting to get this strange thing I am playing Dota at the same Resolution same settings everything was working well I stopped playing dota like month and when I started playing it days ago there is a in game lagg after that Dota will minimize it self and I cant GTX crashing Driver ID Nvidia 13 event 560 make it maximize again I need to Kill the Procces and start again which is pretty annoying but its not only Dota its other games as well So I was doing Nvidia GTX 560 Driver crashing event ID 13 research and every one said check Admin Events and I have a lot of them and this is the error quot The description for Event ID from source nvlddmkm cannot be found Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted You can install or repair the component on the local computer If the event originated on another computer the display information had to be saved with the event The following information was included with the event Device Video Graphics Exception ESR x xa quot This is my first time happening and I am using this computer like years now Also I did Reinstall Windows I did Reinstall Nvidia Drives I did try other version Nvidia GTX 560 Driver crashing event ID 13 of drivers I haven t clock anything I hope so I started a test with GPU-z to see temperature and this is what happens when it laggs in game so I quickly minimize to check my GPU monitoring and this is what I saw GPU load was and I think das is not good Screenshot s Down Below When I got back in game black and white squares were appearing and my Game Dota Crashed minimized and it could not be maximized Any Solutions Thank you

A:Nvidia GTX 560 Driver crashing event ID 13

Hey there! Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377301-nvidia-gtx-560-driver-crashing-event-id-13-a.html