Windows Support Forum

Need a High Speed processor in computer with a D Link?

Q: Need a High Speed processor in computer with a D Link?

I just got high speed internet. I bought a D Link so I could have wireless throughout the house. My husband uses an old computer for his genealogy and wants wireless on it for research. I bought a USB D Link for it, but it still won't connect. Does the computer need a high speed processor? If so, can I put one in myself without much help?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need a High Speed processor in computer with a D Link?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need a High Speed processor in computer with a D Link?

and moved this one to networking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-high-speed-processor-in-computer-with-a-d-link.1158476/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I came here to ask help by reduced Processor sudden packet high half, loss speed on a problem that i tried to solve on my own but couldnt A few weeks ago my processor speed went down from ghz to ghz i have been experiencing Processor speed reduced by half, sudden high packet loss computer spikes the computer goes from usage to sometimes without me running anything and to worst it all since yesterday i been facing very high packet loss of my internet Oh one more thing yesterdy i also realized i cant acess C Documents and Settings WindowsXP anymore it Processor speed reduced by half, sudden high packet loss denies my acess Here is what i tried to do to fix that Processor speed Tried to update my drivers Spikes had no idea what to do High packet loss Used CCleaner to clear all temporary internet files cleared registry errors in-depth analisys of my sistem using nod full version he found a virus but even after removing none of my problems were fixed Removed a few programs that i beleived might been in conflict Scanned for spywares and malwares using updated spybot Windows denied acess No idea what to do That about covers all my problems please help me

A:Processor speed reduced by half, sudden high packet loss

Scanned for spywares and malwares using updated spybotWindows denied acess:If spybot won't run then this but make sure teatimer is permanently disabled till we get to the bottom of thisWe need to disable Spybot S&D's "TeaTimer"TeaTimer works by preventing ANY changes to the system. It will attempt to undo any fixes we run, because it blocks these fixes from running.In order to safeguard your system from problems that can be brought on by a half finished fix, we need to disable TeaTimer. We can reenable it when we're done if you like.Open SpyBot Search and Destroy by going to Start -> All Programs -> Spybot Search and Destroy -> Spybot Search and Destroy.If prompted with a legal dialog, accept the warning.Click and then on "Advanced Mode"
You may be presented with a warning dialog. If so, press Click on Click on Uncheck this checkbox:
Close/Exit Spybot Search and DestroyPlease download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.34) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, ple... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204505/processor-speed-reduced-by-half-sudden-high-packet-loss/
Relevancy 68.37%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I recently bought a used computer from my girlfriend's work. It is a Dell Dimensio 8100 with a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz and 128 Mb RAM (working on XP). The computer was completely wiped out with just XP and office installed. I realize this is not the ideal RAM to be running XP on, but it seems to be fine for just opening and using the internet (which is really all I'll be using it for). However, I came into some issues while opening video. For example, I was on youtube.com and tried to open a video, but i waited over 10 minutes before I gave up. Is this result of the slow processor or the lack of RAM? I read that increasing RAM to 512 might not even help with video if the Pentium is so slow. Should I just give up on it and just use it for simple internet use, or will upgrading the RAM help me with my problems?

A:Help With New Computer Ram Vs. Processor Speed!

It to me sounds like you use a dial up connection?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51997/help-with-new-computer-ram-vs-processor-speed/
Relevancy 62.78%

OK, just bought two used laptops with fresh installs of XP. They are identical Gateway 450ROG's that have 1.4 P4 M processors. However, right clicking my computer shows a P4 M 1.4 running at 587 mhz. I looked int eh BIOS and it shows a 1.4. It's plugged into power. I remember there's a setting on laptops to throttle it back under battery power but don't know why this is doing so, on both, on A/C adpater power.

Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-reading-processor-speed-wrong.549680/
Relevancy 62.78%

Gey gues, I'm looking into buying a new laptop. Which is better in your opinion

512 mb of RAM and 1.4 processor

or

728 -1gig RAM and a 1.4 processor

Which would be faster?

Thanks

A:New laptop computer.. Get more processor speed or extra RAM

In truth, I doubt that you'll notice ANY difference between 512mb and 1gig. I have a desktop here with 512mb, and another with 1gig. Both have similar speed processors, though one is an AMD 2400+ and the other is a P4-2.4gig. I don't see any difference in anything I so, and I have been unable to ever consume nearly all the RAM in the 512mb machine, even with many applications open. Both machines run W2K, and XP would be similar, though a little more memory useage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-computer-get-more-processor-speed-or-extra-ram.181318/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a laptop running XP home.I have plugged my new CD burner into the USB port and I am now getting the above message.I may be nuts,but I don't think I was getting this message 2 days ago when I first plugged the device in.
Device manager shows the followingno problems with devices)

USB root hub driver M/S 7/1/2001 V 5.1.2600.0
VIA rev5 or later USB universal host controller VIA technologies with same driver info

USB Mass storage device(cd burner)

Everything seems to be working fine.I am using the on board XP burning software with no problems.
If this is something that I can easily correct,I'd like to.

Have made no hardware or software changes after adding the burner.
Thanks for any info.

Relevancy 61.49%

so today i cleaned my pc took everything apart and clean..so i put everything back together, plug all the cables, and then i turn it on, never before has this happened, fans start up so fast and loud even though my cpu usage is at 21% and somehow my internet is slower than before

anyone have an idea of what i did or what is happening?

A:computer fans running at high speed

make and model of pc - is this a desktop or laptop you took apart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-fans-running-at-high-speed.940051/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have two computers One is directly attached to my internet with an ethernet connection I purchased a wireless card for my older computer and have had nothing but problems with the connection There is a connection in the back for dial up as well to High up Older computer Speed Internet Hooking as an unused USB port The wireless card sends to Hooking up Older computer to High Speed Internet a Netgear Wireless modem but continues to lose contact even though the computer is only feet from the modem I WOULD LIKE TO HARD WIRE THE MODEM TO THE COMPUTER BUT HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS The Netgear has a series of ethernet outputs but nothing else and my older computer has no ethernet port My older computer setup is as follows Thanks for any help John Dimension Series Intel Pentium Processor GHz w HT Technology and MB cache Qty - Dimension Series Intel Pentium Processor GHz w HT Technology and MB cache - GB DDR SDRAM at MHz - Dell Quiet Key Keyboard - in in viewable E FPBFlat Panel Display - MB PCI Express x DVI VGA TV-out ATI Radeon X SE - GB NCQ Serial ATA Hard Drive RPM - No Floppy Drive Requested - Dimension Dell Support - Image Restore - Dell Media Experience Basic - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack English - Windows Media Player - H and R Block Tax Software - Dell Owners Manual installed on your system click on icon after system set-up to access - Dell -button Scroll Mouse - Intel Pro Integrated PCI NIC Card - K PCI Data Fax Modem - Adobe Acrobat Reader - X DVD-ROM and X DVD -RW - PowerDVD Software Decoding forDVD Drives - Sound Blaster Live -bit ADVANCED HD Audio dB Dolby Digital KHz - Factory Installed Audio - Dell A Speaker System - NO SECURITY SUBSCRIPTION MCAFEE - Music Match Basic day OnDemand - Paint Shop Photo Album Standard - EARTHLINK TA ISP - Dell My Way Home Page - NETZERO ISP - Broadband Icon for Inspiron - Microsoft Worksuite Including Money With CD and Documentation English Factory Install - Type - Third Party At Home Service x Technical Support Year Extended - Year Limited Warranty - Type - Third Party At Home Service x Technical Support Initial Year - Soft Contracts - Banctec - Technical Support Initial Year - Technical Support Year Extended - Thank you for choosing Dell - Quickbooks Special SimpleStart Edition nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi ya'll. I have a Hp dc5000 Tower pc. The problem is recently, whenever I connect to the internet using my 3G Modem, the computer becomes very unresponsive, any browser, software or window that was open displays "....(Not Responding)" at the top. I decided to be turning of Kaspersky antivirus since its said to slow down performance while updating the virus database but there's very little if any difference. What might be the problem?

A:Computer Unresposive while using 7.2 Mbps 3G High Speed Broadband.

When connected test your internet speed at speedtest.net See if you are getting 7 MBPs on 3G.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-unresposive-while-using-7-2-mbps-3g-high-speed-broadband-631845.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Greetings I have a Sony notebook I bought back in running XP SP which came with MB of memory I ve used it all these years with my crashes internet. Computer high speed with Solved: dial-up connection without any problems and it s been updated at Microsoft Updates Earlier this month I decided to try the wifi at my library and bought a USB adapter for that purpose It worked very well with the high speed connection for a half hour and then it just turned off without warning I turned it back on connected again and after that it turns off after Solved: Computer crashes with high speed internet. minutes as many times as I try it still works great while it lasts I did this several days with the same result I exchanged the USB adapter for another one from a different company with the same result I just upgraded the notebook to GB of memory and it still does the same I went to Sony Updates and downloaded their auto update software and after years all they Solved: Computer crashes with high speed internet. offered for my computer was to get their media player reinstalled I d appreciate any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there My computer has been running slow for few months high Computer for despite slow reason speed some having connection running a internet now despite having a high speed internet connection I have tried to fix it by having its set up changed It didn t fix the problem It was working Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason fine but one day it suddenly started running slow At first I thought Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason it must be a problem with the servers of my network provider but that wasn t the case I ve called the cable company Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason to check several times but they said other users were able to use internet in full speed without any problem I noticed the problem by trying to watch videos from various websites and after this problem occurred they started loading super super slowly It has gotten to a point that I can no longer watch TV shows movies and other videos The only video website that works is YouTube and even that doesn t function completely normally Only most YouTube videos work without getting stuck too much Another thing which I must mention is that quite often the internet cuts off in midst of browsing sessions and it doesn t reconnect without restarting the computer My computer is a Dell laptop pc with Intel core i processor I suspect that maybe my LAN card has worn out and it needs to be replaced Although I have been told by some computer technicians to not to do so But they weren t able to give me any solutions So here are my questions Should I get my LAN card changed If I should get my LAN card replaced what model do I need that s compatible with my device And if the problem is not with the LAN card then what is it and what s the solution Please help me out I need this problem fixed immediately I appreciate your help P S I ve attached a photo of the processor s logo just in case This is exactly the logo that s on my laptop nbsp

A:Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-slow-despite-having-a-high-speed-internet-connection-for-some-reason.1144146/
Relevancy 58.91%

For the past year I have been making an effort to continue to use my computer with my constant freezing browser and the freezes as well but enough is enough I am looking to fix it My Firefox browser freezes at random times and my computer is a shadow of itself in terms of the speed that it had last latency freezing Constant sluggish high computer while speed, gaming... browser, year Online gaming has been bit of Constant freezing browser, sluggish computer speed, high latency while gaming... a problem as well My latency ping would be spiking from - every secs It's unfortunate because online gaming was never an issue for me before this year My latency would stay at a stable - with no hickups Constant freezing browser, sluggish computer speed, high latency while gaming... of any kind Honestly it is not my router or my internet While browsing my connection would never slowdown or disconnect at any time so it isn't to be blamed for it Below I have my DDS log I tried using GMER Rootkit Scanner as well with no prevail times my computer would go BSOD even with the adjustments that were recommended in case my computer wasn't able to scan with the regular settings DDS Ver - - - quot Attach quot file Microsoft Windows XP Professional Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PM System Uptime PM hours ago Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERANTIONAL CO LTD MS- Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor CPU mhz Disk Partitions A is Removable C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM E is Removable F is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free Disabled Device Manager Items Class GUID D E E-E - CE-BFC - BE Description SM Bus Controller Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A A amp amp A Manufacturer Name SM Bus Controller PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A A amp amp A Service System Restore Points RP PM - Software Distribution Service Installed Programs Torrent shared Desktop -Zip Abexo Free Registry Cleaner Acrobat com Adobe AIR Adobe Anchor Service CS Adobe Asset Services CS Adobe Bridge CS Adobe Bridge Start Meeting Adobe Camera Raw Adobe CMaps Adobe Color - Photoshop Specific Adobe Color Common Settings Adobe Color EU Extra Settings Adobe Color JA Extra Settings Adobe Color NA Recommended Settings Adobe Default Language CS Adobe Device Central CS Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Fonts All Adobe Help Viewer CS Adobe Linguistics CS Adobe PDF Library Files Adobe Photoshop CS Adobe Reader Adobe Setup Adobe Shockwave Player Adobe Stock Photos CS Adobe Type Support Adobe Update Manager CS Adobe Version Cue CS Client Adobe WinSoft Linguistics Plugin Adobe XMP Panels CS AIM AIM Toolbar Akamai NetSession Interface Amazon MP Downloader Apple Application Support Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update Applian FLV Player Athlon Processor Driver Auslogics Registry Cleaner Avant Browser remove only Bonjour Cheat Engine Counter-Strike Counter-Strike Condition Zero Critical Update for Windows Media Player KB Cryostasis Remove Only Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio Darkest Hour Server Day of Defeat Source DNA Download Updater AOL LLC EPSON Printer Software erLT getPlus R for Adobe Gigabyte Wireless LAN Card GIMP GoldenEye Source - HalfLife Mod Half-Life Deathmatch HijackThis Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Windows Media Format SDK KB Hotfix for Windows Media Format SDK KB Hotfix for Windows Media Player KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB HyperCam iTunes Java TM Update King's Bounty The Legend Left Dead LimeWire PRO Logitech SetPoint MaddenAmp MadWolf Magic ISO Maker v build Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Microsoft NET Compact Framework SP Microsoft NET Compact Framework Mic... Read more

A:Constant freezing browser, sluggish computer speed, high latency while gaming...

Bump.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/constant-freezing-browser-sluggish-computer-speed-high-latency-while-gaming-535532.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently, I reinstalled my Netgear wna3100 driver. Ever since then, I've been experiencing problems with high pings in games where I normally never had problems with. Pages load slowly even just the home page of Google.

I've attached my ipconfig picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:High download speed and signal, high ping in games, slow page loads

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.

I would also (while the device is plugged in)
go into the control panel - system - device manager - click the properties for it and make sure it's set to always on there as well.
I don't think the ipconfig can tell us much here since it's a data rate problem of some sort and not a actual connection problem from the sound of it.

The two things I mention above will hopefully keep your system from putting the device in 'low power mode' which may , or may not help your current problem.

I'm also curious if your system has recently slowed down in any other ways?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217518-high-download-speed-signal-high-ping-games-slow-page-loads.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I need to order a new desktop for my office to replace a 3 year old machine that runs at 3.2 Ghz. The new machines that Dell offers only has this option:

Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)

I don't think there is a standard measuring stick that is used to compare all the processor speeds that I can find or understand. I work with CAD programs that use up a lot of resources and I typically get the fastest available and max the RAM. With all the latest software that I have to install, I need the new machines to run faster than the ones they replace.

Can anyone tell me how this 2.66GHz processor compares to my current machine? I don't have the exact specs for it, this is what it lists on the dell support site for my system - PROCESSOR, 80532K, 3.2GHZ, 1M, 533, M0.

Relevancy 58.05%

Back before I re-installed Windows I would get this message whenever I plugged my Ipod in quot hi speed USB device attached to a non hi speed hub quot and synching would take an absolute age The funny thing though is that my PC is high speed USB capable I ignored it for ages until I recently re-installed Windows Voila my problem was solved and when I plugged in my Ipod all was good I got no message and synching was as fast as it should be Until now I just plugged my Android phone in and Windows said it couldn t find drivers hub" speed attached to "High device speed a non USB high for it so I set it to automatically find them which it "High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub" did As soon as it registered my phone I got the dreaded quot hi speed USB device attached to a "High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub" non hi speed hub quot Now when I plug my Ipod in I m getting that message again and synching has gone back to a snails pace I went back and changed the quot Automatically find drivers quot back to the default setting it was on but that has changed nothing What s up here and how do I fix it I m using the same USB port the whole time and my PC is clearly capable of utilizing high speed it just seems that plugging in my phone has done something to screw it all up Any help would be MUCH appreciated as it will save me running off to work in the morning without my new podcasts cause synching is too slow Operating system is Windows bit It doesn t seem to be a hardware problem so I ll hold off on listing all of my specs unless something thinks it s important Thanks nbsp

A:"High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub"

Is this a custom build or a store bought PC? Have you tried updating the Chipset / USB drivers?

If that doesn't work try going to Device Manager and Uninstalling the USB drivers (Windows will automatically Re install)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb-device-attached-to-a-non-high-speed-hub.1018818/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have wireless internet through my cable provider. My signal strenght varies from 5 to 48 mbps on most days. Why isn't the signal consistent and what causes my internet to get so slow. Is there anything I can do...call my cable provider?

A:High speed internet not so high speed

"call my cable provider?"

No. You are mixing up some terms, but it doesn't sound like this is an ISP problem.

For now I'm going to assume that you have cable internet service and a wireless router. If not, please describe. If so, please post the brand and model of your modem and router (or modem/router combo).

Wireless signal strength is usually given in terms of "n bars out of 5" or "good," "excellent," etc. What is yours, and does it vary? How close is the PC to the router, and what obstructions are in the way?

When your bandwidth varies from 5 to 48mbps it could be an adapter or driver or router problem, but more likely is wireless interference. Are there other wireless networks on your same (or close) channel?

Some people first just try changing channels (in North America the non interfering channels are 1, 6 and 11) without trouble shooting to see if that helps.

If you are having difficulty determining the channels of the networks you detect use NetStumbler for help: www.netstumbler.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-internet-not-so-high-speed.655330/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a motherboard that has a FSB of up to 400MHz.
My processor is an AthlonXP 2200 which can only run at 266MHz
My memory is 256MB DDR DRAM PC2700
SisSoftware Sandra testing tells me my memory speed and processsor speed do not match. Question is: Does this really matter? I know a processor upgrade would sort it but a)the computer seems to run fine and b) I daren't try to sneak ANOTHER pc purchase past the wife! (just yet);-)

Relevancy 56.76%

I am going to be buying a new computer in the near future and was wondering if backups, file copying, and defragging will speed up very much?

It seems like that at some point, the drives would not be able to keep up with the processor and faster processors would not be needed for many or even most applications.

I am using a 1 ghz Pentium 3 computer now and am going to get a new 3 ghz computer next.

Also, recently, I read an article about the new dual core Intel chips and that sounds like something that I would like but do not know if they are out yet, and if so, do not know what they are called.

A:Processor speed vs hard drive speed

The main point of having a faster processor is that it runs games smoother, compresses audio and video faster, and so on. These tasks are not particularly dependent on hard disk performance. Nearly all applications will benefit from a faster processor regardless of the speed of the hard disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-vs-hard-drive-speed.372071/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there.

I've a canon a480 digital camera and I'm connecting it to an asus m2n mx se motherboard. Both devices are high speed but the camera is recognized as a full speed device.

I'm running windows xp service pack 2. I checked the device manager and the enhanced usb host controller is listed and seems to be working OK.

So...I'm stuck...Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

A:USB high speed working only as full speed.

anyone ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-high-speed-working-only-as-full-speed.869792/
Relevancy 55.9%

i tried to plug in my ipod and something pops up that says this: Hi Speed USB plugged into a non high speed port. and it transfers the songs real slow into my ipod. i dont have the driver discs. what should i do.

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 55.9%

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

A:HIGH speed USB hub running at FULL speed.H

Quote: Originally Posted by wr332

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

First question... Are they high speed hubs?
I have an older 4 port Dlink here that's never run 480... looking into the chip on the internal circuit board, it turns out to be a 12mbps chip... you can slow them down, but you can't scare them into running faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78300-high-speed-usb-hub-running-full-speed-h.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All,

I have an Adaptec USB 2 Connect 4000 B in my PC and just realized that two of the ports are not recognized as high speed. I was running off of the windows default driver so I went and updated the driver and after all ports were "optimized" I thought the problem was solved. However, now the computer does not recognize anything that is plugged into the card. I can roll back to the windows default but was curious if anyone has any thoughts as to why only 2 ports would come up as high-speed.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Hi-Speed USB ports not registering as high speed

Some hardware have USB 2.0 and 1.1 backward compability un seperate USB ports. It can also come from the device you connect and also the USB card's speed compared to your PC.

Try rolling back to the Windows default settings. If nothing can be detected still, that can be a presence of hardware defect. Return and exchange.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-usb-ports-not-registering-as-high-speed-119828.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hi,

My motherboard has a usb 2.0 in it and when I put my thumbstick into it this ballon comes up saying High speed USB plugged into Slow speed usb hub how can I fix this?

Relevancy 51.6%

hey my processor is a core duo E Ghz The problem is that sometimes when i switch my pc on the beeping overheat sound comes and my pc turns off sometimes very temps high processor when i do manage to turn it on i use coretemp and very high processor temps speedfan for the temp reading and in the beginning it reads at degrees celcius then it cools down and the temp remains betwwen c - c yesterday the very high processor temps nomal temp was between c- c the sudden increase in its normal temp scared me this increase happenned after i cleaned and dusted the insides of my pc while dusting it i didnt do anything near the processor i have mm fans in the pc blowing on the processor and sucking air out-one from the back and one at the side So can any help me out here should i get a new set of fans or buy a new processor any help would really be appreciated ps i use coretemp and speedfan very high processor temps for the temps

A:very high processor temps

Check and make sure the fan is spinning.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/187824-very-high-processor-temps.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I have a problem with a high usage of the Multi-Core processor of TZ 210, I don't know what is the problem, someone have a suggestion for testing where, i can find and solve this problem?
Thank's for reply.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19670887
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
My processor load is very high and I see, that there are many tasks called WinRARExt.exe in the task manager. These tasks push the processor load very high. I think I got maleware, but I do not know how to remove it. I used Malwarebytes,McAfee,Anti Vir and Quick Heal, but no pogram has fixed the problem. Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you understand my problem. I will be very happy if someone can help me to solve the problem. Thank´s in advance.

A:processor load very high

Hello and welocome lets review the logs from these scans.Please follow our Removal Guide here How to remove Google Redirects. You will move to the Automated Removal InstructionsIf it finds something make sure Cure is selectedNext click Continue then Reboot nowA log file should be created on your C: drive named "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents in your next reply.I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the button.Push NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412231/processor-load-very-high/
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer has recently been running at very high processor usage, running around 40% even when idle. Having dug around in task manager, this appears to be due to running a few svchost.exe processes, one of which in particular seems to be very high processor usage. This particular process is associated with the services 'power', 'plug and play' and 'dcom server process launcher'.

Have run a thread through the malware removal forum and has been certified clean, so wondering if there's likely anything I can do about the problem. Running on a laptop, so changing out hardware is not possible, so hopefully hardware is not the issue. Cheers for any input

A:Very high processor usage

Is this a laptop? What version of Windows is installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-high-processor-usage.181633/
Relevancy 51.17%

I read somewhere that there is someplace on the net you can go to test your processor speed. Is this true? If so is this safe and where can it be found?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Where can you find out what your processor speed is. And when you boot up your computer, how do you get into the screen where you choose the safe mode?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All Processor speed??? I Processor speed??? have different laptops that I am using one of them is an Acer with an AMD Sempron processor the other is an e-machines with an AMD Turion processor Other than the processors the rest of the stuff is pretty much the same The Turion is technically supposed to be the better quot faster quot of the two processors My question is this Whenever I visit any web pages the sempron processor seems to load the pages faster It doesn t matter if it is a newly visited site or if I already have cookies from the site or if I wipe the cookies clean When I set the two computers side by side and hit the enter button or the mouse button or the go arrow at the same time the quot faster quot processor doesn t get up and go there is a pause before it starts it s work and then a pause before it finishes loading the page Many often times in the lower left hand corner it says item remaining and doesn t quot finish quot loading the page for quite a while I know that the processor speed tests are within miliseconds of each other and they re taken from robots who hit the enter key at EXACTLY the same time and I m not one of those but I m not talking about miliseconds I m talking about at least seconds or more per web page a significant stall any explanation anyone could offer for the quot technically faster quot processor being slower than the quot inferior quot processor would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I currently have a desktop with a single core AMD Athelon 2.08 GHZ, 1 GB ram running XP. I am planning on using an older laptop in its place. HP NC6400 Intel 1.6GHZ Centrino duo ,3 GB ram running Windows 7. Will I notice a slower performance with the laptop?

A:Processor speed

Judging from PassMark.com benchmark scores.

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ > benchmarks between 400 & 500
Intel Core2 Duo 1.6GHz > benchmarks between 800 & 1100

To answer your question, I don't see any reason why the laptop would be slower. The laptop has two times the CPU performance and three times the memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed.176285/
Relevancy 51.17%

In a computer with SATA 3Gb/s NCQ HDs … Which is more important ??

1: A 3.0GHz P4 930 … or … a 3.2 GHz P4 940 dual core processor
or
2: 2Gb of DDR2-533 MHz Ram … or … 2Gb of DDR2-667 MHz Ram

I’m thinking the processor is much faster than the Ram or HDs and the Ram Speed is significantly more important.
Am I on the right track ?

Relevancy 51.17%

HI,

can someone tell me how you can find the Processor speed
of a Win NT machine ( e.g Right click My PC etc) which this obviously isnt!

A:WIN NT Processor Speed?

Start , run , then type "dxdiag" without the quotes and it is under the system tab .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-nt-processor-speed.194555/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am torn between purchasing 2 different types of computers to replace my Macbook that I had to sell to pay the taxman.

One has a 2.13 GHz processor and the other a 1.8GHz. How much noticeable/significant difference would there be between the 2?

A:Processor Speed

You can't simply compare mhz anymore. You have to compare the architectures. Are they both the same processor type, or are they two different kinds?

If they are the same, let's say both mobile Core 2 Duos...chances are, you won't notice much of a difference, and the cost savings can be put towards more memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/142169-processor-speed.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer is running at 550mhz when it is usually running much faster.
My computers specs are down below.
I cannot figure out why it i doing this i checked the processor speed in bios and it said 100/100 so im stumped

Relevancy 51.17%

I'm not even sure where to post this query, or if its a valid question. There is a site called PC Pit Stop. They have a test you can run that tests out our entire system. Then it prints out your results and an average for your system. It then gives you a score. The site keeps a record of your test results.
I just ran the full test. My score was 1550. Up until Nov 1st, my Processor(CPU) speeds were always over 6000 MIPS. My test scores were around 1700. From the Nov 4th test till now, the speeds are between 4500 and 4700. I don't get any flags, because I guess the test thinks thats pretty good. They show the average to be around 5500, so I'm about 83% of that value. I cannot figure out why my speed has droped off. Any suggestions?? TIA

A:Processor Speed....

Well I have been going to PcPitstop for a very long time. they have changed that test around several time and my opinion I like d the one they had before this setup. Anyways many things can effect that score. where specifically is the test falling? Internet? ram? CPU? IE? compare to you old test and narrow it down. Now have you checked if the number of background processes are increasing? Are you shutting down all running programs like messenger Antivirus ext.. while testing? post back exactly where the test is falling in what category.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed.522242/
Relevancy 51.17%

I've got a computer with Windows 98SE and I figured out I need a faster processor to play a couple of my games. Right now I have an Intel Pentium III 670MHz processor and I need at least a 1.3 GHz processor or equivalent, or to be on the safe side a 2.0 GHz processor or equivalent. How do I upgrade my processor speed? I won't be doing it myself but what do they do to the computer to upgrade the processor? Around how much would it cost to upgrade from what I have now to a 2.0 GHz processor? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 51.17%

hi

i have a notebook with intel pentium 4 3.06, ram 512 hdd 40G
running on xp pro sp 1

my question is that is my notebook running at its peak? coz when i check in my computer under properties,

it shown firstly the processor speed then on the bottom it shown 1.1 Ghz

i m running direct Ac and not from the batt. is there a reason?

A:processor speed on xp pro

Most notebooks use "speed stepping" on the processor to lower the speed until its needed, to save the heat dissipation.

Its likely that a notebook with a 3 GHz processor is actually using a "desktop" processor, and without some such ability to keep it cool it would be too hot to handle, and you could almost cook on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-on-xp-pro.304498/
Relevancy 51.17%

i have an amd xp 2800+ now it reads like a 2.1gig in dxdiag, but it was supposed to be a 2.8 gig processor how do i find out if it is a 2.8 as u can help

Relevancy 51.17%

I got an old machine to give to a friend, and am gonna' load Me on it.

What's the speed of the Pentium(r)? Is 970X a chipset model #, to tell the speed?

Relevancy 51.17%

What would be faster, a 2.4ghz cpu with a 1066mhz fsb or a 3.4ghz processor with an 800mhz fsb? Is the fsb capable of being overclocked? Which effects overall speed more?

A:FSB vs Processor speed

In my opinion, the 2.4GHz CPU would be faster than the 3.4GHz, and especially in the case of an Intel Core 2 Duo vs. a Pentium 4 or Pentium D. If the FSB is low but the CPU is high, that might not make that much of a difference, cuz even if the CPU speed is that high, the FSB might not be able to do the stuff that it needs to do fast enough to keep up with the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fsb-vs-processor-speed.67253/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell XPSm140 laptop. It suddenly started running WAY slow. When I view the general "system" info in "Control Panel" my 2.13GHz processor is only running at 81MHz!!!! I was told that a BIOS update might have caused it so I took the CMOS battery out and let it reset...still only 81MHz

Relevancy 51.17%

When the computer is idle when browsing the Internet seems 2.9 GHz processor speed 2.6 even.But when I went to the game processor speed 2.1 GHz fixed. Please help I need to increase the speed of the processor. If can be found, why wouldn't you be? Let me put it this way I've written can be overturned... system idle 2.9 Ghzin game 2.1 fixed How playing 2.9 can I do? HP Pavilion 15 p002 stAMD A10 5745M HD8610G & R7M260

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-need-help-about-the-processor-speed-HELP/td-p/5796951
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello if this is is Down Processor Speed Way posted in the wrong place please forgive me I am not sure what happened I don t know if it s a virus or not It was running fine Processor Speed is Way Down but now everything is slower I watch a movie almost every but now cannot because image and sound are jerky And every click of the mouse especially internet browsing seems to take seconds when before it was instant I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Home Premium I ran Malwarebytes and have Processor Speed is Way Down tried shutting down and restarting computer many times but it s still slow If you can help solve this I would be so very grateful Thanks UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PM System Uptime AM hours ago Motherboard Dell Inc UK Processor AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor TK- Microprocessor mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM E is Removable Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points No restore point in system Installed Programs Torrent Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Reader X D DX Facebook Messenger Facebook Video Calling Free Studio version Google Chrome Google Update Helper HL- HTML Executable IERuntime Java Auto Updater Java Update Laptop Integrated Webcam Driver LibreOffice Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile Microsoft Application Error Reporting Microsoft Security Client Microsoft Security Essentials Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C x Redistributable - Mozilla Firefox x en-US Mozilla Maintenance Service MSVC x MSVC x MSVCRT MSXML SP Parser Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver Nokia PC Suite Nokia Software Updater Pazera Free MKV to AVI Converter Pazera Free MP to AVI Converter PC Connectivity Solution PowerDVD DX Roxio Creator Audio Roxio Creator Copy Roxio Creator Data Roxio Creator DE Roxio Creator Tools Roxio Express Labeler Roxio Update Manager Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB v Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Trader s Little Helper Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB VLC media player Webroot SecureAnywhere Windows Driver Package - Nokia Modem Windows Driver Package - Nokia Modem Windows Driver Package - Nokia pccsmcfd LegacyDriver Windows Live Communications Platform Windows Live Essentials Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant Windows Live Installer Windows Live Language Selector Windows Live Photo Common Windows Live PIMT Platform Windows Live SOXE Windows Live SOXE Definitions Windows Live UX Platform Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack WinRAR -bit Yontoo Event Viewer Messages From Past Week AM Error Service Control Manager - The Function Discovery Resource Publication service terminated with the following error - AM Error Service Control Manager - The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Resource Publication service which failed to start because of the following error - PM Error Disk - The driver detected a controller error on DR PM Error BTHUSB - The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used The driver has been unloaded End Of File

A:Processor Speed is Way Down

At first glance you have a hdd with a total capacity of 112 GB with 1.025 GB of free space.

You have less than ten percent of free space, you need more free space for swap space. This will most certainly slow your computer.

I would suggest defragmenting your hdd and do the disk cleanup.

I would also suggest either deleting files and programs which you don't need, or add an external hdd to transfer your data to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483282/processor-speed-is-way-down/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am building a PC for a friend. All he needs is a processor that can handle multiple web browser windows open and the same time constantly, lets say 6-10 at a time. What speed processor should I be looking for? Thanks.

A:What speed processor should I use?

Any modern processor will work. 6-10 browser windows is not taxing on a system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-speed-processor-should-i-use.578511/
Relevancy 51.17%

This may be a silly question but this is the place for those - especially for those of us still learning to be true geeks! I have been given the assignment of PC inventory and one of the requirements is processor speed. Is there an easy way to determine this without kicking the user off and rebooting and doing F10 during reboot? These are mostly Windows 95 and 98 machines so we don't have the luxury of Windows 2000 system manager. Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a AMD XP2500+ 333FSB Barton Retail Boxed 512kb L2 Cache on a MSI KT4V motherboard which should support up to 2800+. The processor apperrs in bootup as only 1100mhz - why is this and what do I do ? Thanks.

A:amd processor speed

Your FSB is likely set incorrectly. It is likey set at 100, instead of 166Mhz. You should find this setting in the CMOS setting or on the motherboard via jumper settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-processor-speed.164766/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Hewlitt Packard pavilion 7900. How can I find out my processor speed?

A:processor speed

start/run/type dxdiag and press enter.

the processor speed should be listed on the initial page

Or you can download this utility
http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=435

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed.74572/
Relevancy 51.17%

I was wondering how to find out my processor speed? I did "dxdiag" and under process it says

AMD Athlon XP3000+, MMX, 3dnow ,~2.2ghz

so what does that mean exactly?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys
I have just built a new pc for myself using an Asus A7V600 Skt A DDR400 KT600 8X Audio/Lan/SATA MB mobo with an Athlon XP 2500 Barton processor. I am using 512 mb of crucial ddr ram 2100 pci.
I expected some good performance but was dissapointed. When I checked, the processor is shown as 2500 but is actually producing 1.4 mhz.
Any ideas??
Thank you

Gus

Relevancy 51.17%

I have installed in my PC an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ processor.

I had the impression that my speed was 2.1 GHz.

I ran the Belarc PC Management program and I discovered that my processor is a 1.73 GHz AMD Athlon XP.

I also viewed System Properties - General and it reads:

Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
1.74 GHz
512 MB of RAM

Could someone please tell me why this is?

Are my settings underclocked?

If so, how do I correct them?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

recently bought a new pc with an AMD athlon processor. I ordered a 2200+ processor. Under my computer/properties speed shows up as 1500+ which is 1.3Ghz. And also shows up in my bios start up screen. Did I either get ripped off or is there something I do not know about processor speeds. Eric

A:amd processor speed

Check your fsb setting. It probably defaults to 100. You need to set the fsb to 133 it will then read correctly. Check the manual; it will have instructions on how to set bus speed.
If this is a computer you purchased, why not take it back to where you bought it from and have them correct the problem. After all if you pay for something, you have a right to expect that it will work as advertised.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-processor-speed.104957/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm a novice when it comes to prosor definitions.
Need help.
Bought new desk top, built by PC Club Inc. Paid for a "AMD ATHLON 64 2800+OEM" processor.
At home the system informatin screen stated that we had a "x86 Family 15 Model 12 stepping 0 authenic ~1800 Mhz" processor.
I thought an 2800 processor would be faster and better than a 1800 Mhz procer.
The salesman tells me that the 1800 is better. For some reason I feel we've been had!
Can some one advise me which is the better processor?
TKS Bob A

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys, I am confused. Help me pick which processor is faster. Im talking about pentium 820 and athlon 64 3300+ w/ HT. Ok first of all, the pentium 820 is a dual core compare to athlon 64 which is not but the athlon 64 has HT means its like dual core, or not? Im confused help me pick which one. And which processor in amd will you compare the speed in Pentium 820?

If I'm gonna pick I'll say that athlon 64 3300+ is faster for me than the pentium 820. Let me know if I'm wrong. The purpose of my system is mainly for gaming.

Thank You

A:Help on Processor Speed

I'll cut the geeky crap and get right down to the point.

The Pentium 820 is duel-cored and runs at 2.80GHz. The athlon 64 3300+ runs at 2.4 GHz. I have always been a strong supporter of AMD because it usualy outpreforms Intel in terms of gaming. But with the athlon 64 3300+ there is one set back. It only has 256kb of L2 Cache.

L2 Cache and cache in general (to dumb it down) manages how many applications you can have running at the same time without noticible slowdown (also referred to as bottle necking) More of the cache is better and causes better preformance when multitasking.

The Intel processor has 1MB L2 Chache, because its a duel core 2 x 1MB = 2Mb Cache. This proving that the intel processor would be better for mult-tasking (Teamspeak, Msn, a game and an anti virus all running at the same time) With no visible slowdown.

I would usually recommend AMD, but honestly, I believe Intel is the way to go in this case. But this is ONLY because you suggested that specific AMD vs that specific INTEL processor. There are some very nice AMD processors out there but I just wouldnt recommend the 3300+.

Oh and by the way, HT (or HyperTransport) is a technology that helps stop bottle necking, but it is definatley NOT the same as a duelcore. Duelcores are TWO processors working together and HT is just one core.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-processor-speed.481280/
Relevancy 51.17%

When the computer is idle when browsing the Internet seems 2.9 GHz processor speed 2.6 even.But when I went to the game processor speed 2.1 GHz fixed. Please help I need to increase the speed of the processor. If can be found, why wouldn't you be? Let me put it this way I've written can be overturned.. system idle 2.9 Ghzin game 2.1 fixed How playing 2.9 can I do? HP Pavilion 15 p002 stAMD A10 5745M HD8610G & R7M260

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/I-need-help-about-the-processor-speed-HELP/td-p/5796946
Relevancy 51.17%

A pentium 4 has a processing speed of 1.4GHz and a Pentium D (or) Core 2 Duo almost the same but has two processors which share the job making it a lot better than the old P4 ... My question is how do I know the processing speed of a multicore or a multiprocessor system ?????

Relevancy 51.17%

When the computer is idle when browsing the Internet seems 2.9 GHz processor speed 2.6 even. But when I went to the game processor speed 2.1 GHz fixed. Please help I need to increase the speed of the processor. If can be found, why wouldn't you be? Let me put it this way I've written can be overturned.. system idle 2.9 Ghzin game 2.1 fixed How playing 2.9 can I do? HP Pavilion 15 p002 stAMD A10 5745M HD8610G & R7M260

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-need-help-about-the-processor-speed-HELP/td-p/5796945
Relevancy 51.17%

After leaving my machine on for a day, I noticed it was running a bit sluggish. I checked the task manager, only to find the lsass.exe service was using up to 128,235k of RAM and increases 4k a second, and appears to have my processor usage up to 99-100%. I have been checking around, but haven't had similiar problems with error messages or the machine rebooting on its own due to lsass.exe. When I reboot my machine, the service starts back at around 4,450k, but then starts it's increase of 4k a second. Anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 51.17%

This is a Compaq Presario CQ60-215Dx laptop which was badly overheating. I repasted the Athlon processor but am still getting 90c CPU temp readings with CoreTemp.

I noticed there were two other chips having their heat dissipated by heat sink, one an Nvidia display chip and not sure about the other. But these were using a foam pad on heat sink and not paste. The pads were in good enough condition I left them although thought about using paste. I don't think they're responsible for high temps because these are dual core CPU readings.

Any suggestions of what to look at. The CPU fan is blowing very hot air.

A:Still getting high temps after repasting processor

Just to clarify Greg.

90C at load, or 90C at idle?

The thermal pads should be sufficient for the NVIDIA chipset as it's an integrated NVIDIA 8200 card that's not a heat monster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240469-still-getting-high-temps-after-repasting-processor.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My motherboard is Intel 915GAV. where there are only one IDE channel.
Bus: 800MHz
Hard Disk: Samsung 80GB, 72000 RPM
Processor: P4, 3GHz
RAM: 256MB

From few days, when I run some system utilities (like Norton Anitivirus) or even when I debug while programmiong in VB6, the Fan speed goes up and up and start making sound. Then I see in Intel Desktop Utilities, it say "Processor Zone Temperature exceeds normal range."

Can it be the effect of any virus or someting else.
please anyone tell how to solve this problem. If you need any more information please tell me.
I will be waiting for your response. Thanks in advance.

A:Processor Temperature goes abnormaly high

Have you got anything to check the actual temperature of the CPU? It could be that the heatsink is not in proper contact with CPU, checking the temperature whilst idle would prove this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-temperature-goes-abnormaly-high.42423/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

My computer tends to use a lot of resources for indexing items. I checked under "Indexing Options" and the message "Indexing Complete" will appear. But, the next time I wake my laptop, the process will be highly active again. I have turned off the service because it's not critical. But, it would be nice to have it run in the background without constantly making my fans come on and take up lots of processing power resulting in lower battery life. Any suggestions?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/60534-high-processor-usage-indexer.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey All I have an AMD phenom x4 9550 processor @2.7(its HT Link is 3600 MHZ) and a motherboard GA-MA74GM-S2 (its HT Link is 2000 MHZ) so a friend of mine advised me to change the motherboard to a one with HT Link=3600 MHZ or more and he said that this will effect the performance greatly so is that right??or it won't have any effect in gaming??

P.S:I'm not sure that HT Link is measured by MHZ so if i'm wrong please correct me

A:Solved: Does the difference between the HT Link of the processor and the motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-does-the-difference-between-the-ht-link-of-the-processor-and-the-motherboard.881500/
Relevancy 50.74%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 50.74%

Can anyone recommend an application that looks at the current processor speed/status in a laptop that changes speeds with load (Speedstep?)

Sons Dell E1705 has an intermittant condition where it slows to a crawl and the processor fan goes to high with no applications running. Appears the processor is dropping from 1800 to 800 MHz during this fault. Looking for a way to monitor what the processor *thinks* it is doing.

A:processor status/speed

XP or Vista?A couple of different ones here:http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_cpu.htmlI've never had to use one, yet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209260/processor-statusspeed/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am looking at specifications for an ASUS laptop.
It lists the processor as: 800 MHz Intel Celeron.

Further down in the specs it shows processor as:
Intel Celeron M 900MHz.

I have no technical knowledge about computers, and don't understand
the difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-processor-speed.745252/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am wanting to upgrade my processor and i am wondering what processors and processor speed i can use. i have a g7-1279 dx notebook PC  QE121UA#ABA   [Personal Information Removed]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/what-processor-and-speed-can-i-upgrade-to/td-p/5634048
Relevancy 50.74%

My Windows does not show the right Processor speed. It shows 1.8 for my 2.4GHz Intel Pentium 4. May be my BIOS needs an upgrade but i cant find my motherboard model (PR22-S) in VIA website or any other site. Can anyone help??

A:Slow Processor Speed

Likely, you're bios has an incorrect cpu fsb setting. I'd guess you have a 2.4ghz cpu with a 18x multiplier and a 533fsb(133x4). So in the bios it'd be 133x18=2400mhz, but if it got set to 100mhz(400fsb), it'd be 18x100, which'd be 1800mhz. If your bios has an adjustable fsb, adjust it from 100mhz(400fsb) to 133mhz(533fsb). If most of that just blew over your head, just read the above sentence, go to you bios(press f1, f2, del, or whatever your bios's key is), and look for a fsb setting(you may have to enable fsb adjustment in an option box to be allowed to change the fsb if it's grayed out). It should be set to 133mhz, but it likely is set to 100mhz if it's reporting 1.8ghz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-processor-speed.36482/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have Laptop that was returned to me after a motherboard failure with Speed Processor Incorrect the ghz p processor running at ghz SiS Sandra and CPU-Z as well as the windows Info say the motherboard FSB is running at mhz or so a ghz is a multiplier with mhz I took the laptop back in person to their store and the tech guy there flashed the bios and swapped the processor he put old one back in after both of which did not fix the problem The tech guy said he needed to contact the supplier of the laptop who are Elite group they replaced the motherboard on this to who may know what to do The bios does not allow for any changes to the multiplier and FSB i was told that most modern motherboards automatically set these speeds When Booting the info screen that pops up says ghz p cpu so motherboard detects it correctly The bios version is NoteBios release motherboard model according to Sandra is a SIS DX which has a max FSB of x though it states that this FSB is running at x I am running Windows Xp professional Ver Service pack So as you can see Incorrect Processor Speed a most perplexing problem if anyone has any idea on what the issue might be i would love to hear them Thanks nbsp

A:Incorrect Processor Speed

what does sandra tell you the rated speed of the processor is? your mobo may support 533 FSB but you may have a 2.4 Ghz 400mhz fsb chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/incorrect-processor-speed.7048/
Relevancy 50.74%

my AMD athelon XP 1800+, running on AD73 Pro (Rev.A+) now showing speed of 1150 Mega hertz.earlier it used to show speed of 1500 MH,although there is no change in configuration.......?

A:pwoblem with speed of AMD processor

Your FSB is not set correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pwoblem-with-speed-of-amd-processor.292849/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all, I'm hoping you can help me out.
My setup is:
AMD 1.1 proc
256 DDR Kingston Memory
Asus A7M Motherboard

My problem is that I did a reformat last week, and now my computer reads the processor as an 850 instead of 1.1
Anyone know of a way to correct this? Hopefully without reformatting again.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Processor speed wrong

You need to change the multiplier/frequency settings in the BIOS for the processor.

Go up one step at a time, until you get to where you need to be.

If all of a sudden your computer wont boot, reset the CMOS.

**NOTE EDIT**
Reformatting should have nothing to do with it, the only thing that changes is the hard drive. What's wrong is in your BIOS. However, I'm not too familiar with that low speed processor but I'm more than certain it is a BIOS problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed-wrong.6233/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have just reinstalled XP, updated all my drivers which are now working perfectly but the problem is my processor is only running at 797mhz.

Could anyome shed any light or has anyone experianced this before?

Spec:
Compaq Presario r3000 Notebook
AMD Athlon 64 3400+
512 MB

Relevancy 50.74%

the last pc that i purchased was 1.2gig amd machine with 512mb ram

back then i could tell the pc's apart by the processor speeds, now with the dual core machines how do i know which machines are the fastest and does it really matter, the pc will be not be used for gaming. i do not care for info on manufacturers, just the processing speeds..
thanks

A:Solved: processor speed

what exactally do you mean.?

if you have a 1.2GHZ amd its "speed" is 1.2GHZ yes.?

if you want a dual core pc then if for instance you have a 1.6Ghz dual core then effectively you have a 3.2GHz "speed"
as there are 2 cores in one chip each running at 1.6GHz if you get me,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-processor-speed.660893/
Relevancy 50.74%

Yeah hi, I have a question- Which would run faster/more efficiently, a Pentium M processor running at 2.0 GHz, or a Core Duo running at 1.6 GHz, and which one would you recommend? Both the same RAM too. Thanks!

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everyone-

I was running PCMark 2002 the other day and my scores were really low for my system (it's been running slow lately..) I have a Sony Vaio laptop GRX670, P4 2 Ghz, 512 MB RAM and a 40 GB HD. PCMark saw my clock speed as 1.17 Ghz, and Sandra sees it as 1.19 Ghz.... What's up with that? Is it really running that slow? How do I get this thing back up to speed? Thanks a ton guys, I really appreciate it!

A:Actual Processor Speed?

sounds like

time for an enema...........cleaners: spyware /registry/unnecessary files/virus you name it...........get it out of there :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/actual-processor-speed.7176/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey people I been looking at different types of processors Processor Speed Problem for a while and things have certainly changed It Processor Speed Problem used to be all about Intel P clock speeds and the faster the clock the faster the speed Doesnt seem to be like that anymore and suddenly have all these new things comming out such as Intel Core Duo Intel Core Solo Intel Core Duo Intel Core Extreme Intel Pentium M Whats going on with all of these Have been reading through the intel website and all through the web but im having problems understanding what these mean Can someone please explain the differences between these and how to compare which are good I am looking for a mult-purpose laptop for a friend Just needs to surf the net watch dvds and videos divx etc do word processing and Excel work Can someone suggest a good one to get For myself im looking for something which will play the latest games very quick and basically be a beast of a machine been looking at the extreme prices but they are alot been thinking core duo Thanks ppl nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.0 ghz Dual Core. I have noticed lately my pc performance bogging down, and I ran virus, spyware, registry clean, defrag etc...but still was running slow. I checked my processor speed, and it says it's running at 1.08 ghz, and it's supposed to be 2.0. I was told it was AMD Cool n' Quiet...but there was no option in my BIOS to disable, so I formatted my hard drive and did not install the drivers for cool n quiet. Still, my processor shows as running at 1.08 ghz. Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 50.74%

When i updated my bios, the processor i have (Athlon 2800+) was underclocked to 1250/100 mhz. ive never overclocked my computers and im not sure whether setting it back to its default speed will mess up my computer in any way. And to set it back, what should i change my cpu multiplier to? thanks.

*I believe i have problems with AGP aperture size, and memory timings also, my AGP aperture size is 32 MB, and memory timings with PC2700 ram is RAS 7, RCD 3, and RP 3. any help on this would also be great

Relevancy 50.74%

I have noticed that my processor, which is a 850 Mhz has been detected lately as a 700 Mhz. Why is this?

Is this the new value? What can I do?? Please help!!

(Info obtained by clicking on Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information.)

I use MS Windows 2000.

Help!! Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

Can anybody help speed to 1.6 decreases Processor from 1.5 Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Processor speed decreases to 1.5 from 1.6 CMEII CMESys exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files Common Files GMT Processor speed decreases to 1.5 from 1.6 GMT exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C WINDOWS System GEARSEC EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files mIRC mirc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Jay Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www searchv com Processor speed decreases to 1.5 from 1.6 search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www searchv com w search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www searchv com w search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www searchv com w R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www searchv com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www searchv com w search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www searchv com w R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www searchv com w search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www searchv com w search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www searchv com w search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www searchv com w O - BHO WinShow module - CC C -AE B- -A B - BA E A - C Documents and Settings Jay Application Data winshow winshow dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run CMESys quot C Program Files Common Files CMEII CMESys exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Steam C Program Files Steam Steam exe -silent O - Global Startup GStartup lnk C Program Files Common Files GMT GMT exe O - Global Startup PrecisionTime lnk C Program Files PrecisionTime PrecisionTime exe O - Global Startup Date Manager lnk C Program Files Date Manager DateManager exe O - Global Startup MSupdater exe O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net pple com bonnie us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF - E - E-A AB- D C ADFDE - http a g akamai net W win - TtzS iTunesSetup exe O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab nbsp

A:Processor speed decreases to 1.5 from 1.6

Rescan with HiJackThis and put a check next to the following. After you do so, make sure you didn't miss any entries. Now close all browser and outlook windows and click "Fix Checked". After you do so, restart your computer and then post a fresh HiJackThis log.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL =
http://www.searchv.com/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar =
http:/www.searchv.com/w/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =
http://www.searchv.com/w/search.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://www.searchv.com/w/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://www.searchv.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) =

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-decreases-to-1-5-from-1-6.175254/
Relevancy 50.74%

First image is in windows 7 second in windows vista (separate partition)
i mean WTF happened it used to run at full speed!! (its a 1.9 Dual core)

Windows 7 original beta (7000), should i bear through the paint and upgrade to the RC version that was just released?

A:processor running at 1/3 speed WTF

If you look a little closer you will see that the FSB speed is the same but your multiplier has dropped to x4 in Windows 7, which is most likely to to save power and prolong the life of your components, if you start doing something that is more intensive and requires more power you should see the multiplier rise to the default again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/8812-processor-running-1-3-speed-wtf.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, sorry if this one gets asked a lot, but I couldn't find a thread that seemed to apply particularly to my dilemma.

I'm running on an eMachines built computer, the model is T2865. Aside from a GeForce video card, I've left the computer as is. The processor should be an AMD Athlon XP 2800+, not exactly sure. If I recall correctly, the processor is supposed to run at 2 ghz or more, yet when I go into Control Panel ---> System, the menu says it is running at 1.25 ghz. I already went through with several spyware removers and cleaned the computer, as well as ensured any necessary drivers are up to date, etc., yet the computer still says it runs at 1.25 ghz. Am I overlooking something?

A:AMD Processor running under speed?

Do you have AMDs Cool n Quiet software installed?

This program underclocks your CPU when it is not in use so that your temps stay low (and less fan noise is produced).

When you need your CPU again, it automatically boosts up to full speed.

That's what it sounds like to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processor-running-under-speed.37836/
Relevancy 50.74%

can anyone help i have a amd athlon 1800 ghz cpu but it is showing only 1200 ghz how can i change this

Relevancy 50.74%

i have a laptop with a processor of 1.73GHz but it is not capable of playing several games. i tried playing medival total war but it was running very slow. i then went to pc world and was told that it was not possible to upgrade the processor as it was embeded into the mother board. i was just wondering if it was possible and if so how do i do it. if not what solution could i do to play games that require higher processing speeds than my laptop can handle

A:is it possible to upgrade the processor speed?

Upgrading a laptop CPU is NOT easy to do; in fact, it is usually IMPOSSIBLE, and you are most likely to run into MANY problems you simply can't overcome. A faster CPU will generate a LOT more heat; overheating can force the processor to run slowly, or shut the system down completely. It is also possible that the motherboard won't be able to support a faster CPU. MOST laptops do NOT have individual video cards; instead, they use ONBOARD video chips, which are NOT designed for gaming. Even worse, they use SYSTEM RAM, which reduces the amount of RAM you have available for the OS and your other programs... ANOTHER problem is that the LCD screens on older / non-gaming laptops react too slowly to show fast motion; for example, the slow pixel response time will make a driving / racing game turn into a messy blur on the screen, which would make the game unplayable.

The bottom line is, you'll only be wasting time and money trying to run most of the newer games on your current laptop. You'll either have to be satisfied playing older games (such as the original Half-Life, and the variations of it), or start saving your money for a newer system, preferably one with a real GAMING videocard. Laptops are NOT the best choice for gaming, unless you only play Tetris, Solitaire, and FreeCell...

Wish I had better news than that; good luck to you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-upgrade-the-processor-speed.618255/
Relevancy 50.74%

does it really matter how fast ur comp is to get a HUGE HD? or is there no limit how big your HD(s) are with ur comp speed?

A:Harddrive + processor speed

it doesn't matter as to the speed, the wall you run into is with what the BIOS will recognise. Tell us the mainboard model of the machine and we can tell you its limit and whether you might need a BIOS flash in order to reach that limit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/harddrive-processor-speed.11512/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently purchased a Pentium from Hewlett Packard with the following specs Ghz FSB MB DDR SDRAM GIG on 2.53 Difference processor and 2.4 speed between the HD AT rpm DVD WRITER CDROM DRIVE FLOPPY Difference between 2.4 and 2.53 processor speed DRIVE blah blah blah with speakers optical mouse keyboard software etc etc I had to send it back as soon as I received it because a piece of the front plastic was broken off and they said they would issue a call tag and would immediately replace it with another one Based on this I sent the computer back Now I find out they do not have another one in stock and basically because they made an error in telling me they had another one they are offering to custom make one almost Difference between 2.4 and 2.53 processor speed identical to the one I bought except that The processor speed would be Ghz instead of Ghz The MB DDR SDRAM would be faster at instead of It would cost me a further on top of the price I paid for the other one because this is a later model and will be custom built I have to answer them today as the price is Difference between 2.4 and 2.53 processor speed only good for today Can anyone see any drawbacks There is very little difference in the processor speed although I had set my heart on Ghz but the memory is a bit faster Please anyone give an opinion on whether they would settle for this or whether they think this is fair or not Thanks nbsp