Windows Support Forum

BSOD on a brand new HP ENVY Phoenix 850qe - dmp log included

Q: BSOD on a brand new HP ENVY Phoenix 850qe - dmp log included

Hello all - log a Phoenix on included BSOD 850qe ENVY new dmp brand HP I am hoping someone here can help me as I have recently purchased a HP ENVY Phoenix qe for my motion-media BSOD on a brand new HP ENVY Phoenix 850qe - dmp log included production needs For some strange reason weeks into the PC is getting BSOD I'm shocked The only things I have installed are Creative Cloud Apps Photoshop After Effects Premiere and Firefox and Chrome HP support was not very helpful so I am hoping someone here could take a look at my error log and see what could be causing this issue Specs as follows HP ENVY Phoenix qe Windows Professional -bit SP Intel Core i K GHz RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Hewlett-Packard B Graphics Card MB ATI AMD Radeon R HD Main GB SanDisk SD SB Q- G- SCSI Disk Device SSD GB Seagate ST DM - ER SCSI Disk Device SATA ------------------------------------------------------------- Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF F FA C BCP FFFFF D BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp -- I have uploaded the dmp file to - - dmp Free File Hosting - File Dropper File Host for Mp Videos Music Documents ----------------------------------- Thank You all very much in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD on a brand new HP ENVY Phoenix 850qe - dmp log included

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD on a brand new HP ENVY Phoenix 850qe - dmp log included

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

RMA it? As you have recently bought it

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384056-bsod-brand-new-hp-envy-phoenix-850qe-dmp-log-included.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Logitech has decided that it's sick of their old, outdated brand, today launching a new look for the company that will supposedly place "design at the core" of its products, while building on its "hertiage as a technology company". ...

Read more

A:Logitech to focus on design, starting with a brand new logo

Nothing wrong with the logo, except the "g" that is hurting my brain.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-to-focus-on-design-starting-with-a-brand-new-logo.216342/
Relevancy 29.67%

I got a new laptop recently (this past Sunday) and ever since I turned it on I've had horrible issues with WiFi. It's tothe point where I'm ready to return it to the store and just go without a computer. Keep in mind I'm not very tech savvy, so I might not know what you're talking about.

It's very slow and won't stay connected to the internet. 4/5 times it doesn't load the web page I'm trying to load and after about 5 minutes after powering on it disconnects from my Wi-Fi and refuses to reconnect. The troubleshooter says it's a router issue but resetting the router doesn't do anything at all and no other device in the house is having any issues. I haven't downloaded ANYTHING to it yet. In addition, when it /does/ connect to my Wi-Fi, trying to open any web page brings me to a "you are not connected to the internet" notice.

I have no idea what to do. I need a computer for work but I'm so sick of having problems with them.

A:Brand new laptop; faulty wifi process?

Set up the laptop next to the router where the signal should be strongest. Are you sure that you are connecting to your own wi fi network and router? When you switch on the laptop it will search for in range networks and when you spot your own you are asked to give the password before you can use the internet for the first time. If that's not happening maybe its logging you on to a neighbouring unsecured network (no password set) where the signal is weak. If I click on the wireless icon bottom right in my taskbar it brings up a choice of available networks. My icon looks like a set of steps and so the icon shows how strong the signal is. Check that you are connecting to your own router and see how strong the signal is. You mention other devices that work OK but haven't given any details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-laptop-faulty-wifi-process.207589/
Relevancy 30.1%

Okay, okay, I know that most of you stopped using floppies long ago. But my question is: I was about to buy a Buslink external USB floppy disk drive (brand new, still sealed) from someone on Craigslist, and just wondered if it's a decent brand.

And would have I have by anything extra, other than perhaps a cord? Never done this before.

A:Is Buslink an okay brand for an A-drive?

I'm sure it is fine, the technology in those hasn't changed since about 1992, lol. The only thing that is different is the USB interface. The drive alone should be enough, I don't think USB Floppys needed external power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-buslink-an-okay-brand-for-an-a-drive.204731/
Relevancy 29.67%

I just got this computer about 2 weeks ago, and ALREADY I am getting lag problems. I have the CPU widget, and when I am JUST on the web browser, I get about 50-70 CPU being used. My specs are:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
Nvidia GeForce GT 430
And if it helps, I AM using an external HDD for most of my programs, since the original PC came with only 250 GB.

A:Computer becoming extremely slow. It's brand new.

Which applications do you have installed to the external?
What connection type and speed is the external HDD?

I'm not sure I would install applications to a USB 2.0 drive. Especially if the applications are used frequently. I know I wouldn't if the application installs memory resident system monitors that run 24/7. However I usually disable these monitors from running at startup as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-becoming-extremely-slow-its-brand-new.199474/
Relevancy 56.33%

Howdy all The amazing folks at Tech Spot saved my bacon many moons back helping me fix a virus laden laptop for Brand New to can't HP connect 17 Internet Envy Quad Touchsmart my sick kid And so I turn to Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet you with my latest computer nightmare and beg of your assistance once again I just bought a new HP ENVY TouchSmart t-j Quad Edition Notebook PC ENERGY STAR for my daughter for Christmas It arrived yesterday and I opened it up to start preloading her software onto it so she can have it ready to go Christmas morning Unfortunately the thing just won t let me get connected to the internet via wifi It is using an Intel Wireless-N adapter running Windows factory installed I have tried everything I could think of - using Intel drivers instead of Microsoft ones resetting WINSOCK flushing the DNS using a static IP instead of dynamic the works Nothing appears to be working The device can clearly see my network - it shows up on the list of connections and validates my security information running standard WEP security - not the best I know but it s easier for the multitude of tech I have on my network all of which connects fine but it only gives me limited access and does not want to connect to the network or the internet My base system is running Windows My router is a Netgear Rangemax Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNR v I have not tried a hardwire connection yet as I really need this to be a wireless device Help me TechSpot Gurus you re my only hope nbsp

A:Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet

Hey Mark. I would connect to the Net by cable and allow it to get any OS updates and/or driver updates before I change any settings.While online,try to connect wirelessly to see if it finds any updates quicker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-hp-envy-touchsmart-17-quad-cant-connect-to-internet.198670/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a brand new computer which is much capable on computer new regardless Game OS of freezes brand of doing what I ask for Unfortunately it kept freezing very early in games I tried BF shogun and dead island The outcome is the same At first I thought it might be because I was using a win and it had some compatibility problems Then I installed win ultimate after deleting everything on C applied Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS all updates for windows and video card drivers then tried dead island again You know what it crashed on character selection screen Then it also crashed in the end of my first battle on shogun What I mean by crashed is that it is totally frozen and I can t even do ctrl-alt-del It leaves the only choice to me as reset So I guess it is not because of the OS so I would definitely appreciate if you can help me with this Here is my build G SKILL Ripjaws GB x GB DDR PC DIMM RAM Cooler Master Hyper EVO Cooler mm CPU Cooler AMD BullDozer Eight Core FX- GHz AM Processor CPU LG GH NS X SATA Internal SATA Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS DVD Writer Sapphire HD XT G GDDR PCI-E Dual Fan Video Card Graphics Card Cooler Master K Mid Tower Gaming Chassis quot Samsung LED Monitor LED FSP Aurum W ATX PSU Active PFC Black Asus M A EVO R Motherboard Socket AM AMD xDDR xPCIe- xPCIe- Firewire RAID ATX Any help you can provide is very much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS

There are many things that can be the cause of this. I first thought it was the GPU, but as I read on, I think it could be either a RAM, temperature, or HDD issue. It is most likely a RAM issue.

Another issue could be overheating, but since the games crash basically instantly, it doesnt seem to be an issue. Just to make sure, can you download RealTemp and tell me temperatures on the CPU? Also, download GPU-Z, and tell me the GPU temperatures (sensor tab of GPU-Z, under "GPU Temperature").

Most likely cause: It could also be bad RAM (this is the most likely reason). Download Memtest86, put it on a flash drive, and boot into it. Run Memtest about 5-10 times and tell me the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-on-brand-new-computer-regardless-of-os.194153/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I bought this computer it had windows 7 on it. it ran everything lag/shutter free. I have since upgraded to windows 8 then to 8.1. The problem is the audio and video noticeably lags/shutters. As if the entire computer is pausing. I have talked to HP tech support and they only reinstalled the drivers. All drivers are current. I am fairly sure it has something to do with the HD4k graphics but I do not know for sure. I was hoping the 8.1 would resolve the problem but it has not. I have this problem whenever I watch videos (on the internet or from file) and when I play World of tanks. Any help would be great

A:HP envy 1038-nr

I seen similar comments re "since upgrading to Win/8" and (imo) think the drivers are not 'fully compatible' with the new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-1038-nr.194074/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all,

So I'm upgrading my motherboard from an ASRock which has caused me nothing but problems since I got it to a MSI. They both are intel socket motherboards. My question is, how do I go about doing this? I would prefer to keep my files from my prior build but I have read that it is necessary that I reinstall my OS before I install my motherboard. I realize I can backup my PC's files and then reinstall them once I've installed the new motherboard but are there things that I should be mindful about while working on this process?

I have a lot of specific questions about this process. So maybe a step by step instruction or something like that would be a good place to start and I can see if I have questions from there.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-motherboard-to-a-new-brand-but-same-socket-type.193961/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey I am sorry if I posted in the wrong section I didn t know where to post I just bought a new computer in April and I ve been gaming on Brand To Make Noise PC New Starting it about hours a week since Just recently I noticed a subtle high pitched hum ONLY WHEN I M IN GAME I can go to the main menu and it will stop I Brand New PC Starting To Make Noise have well enough the minimum requirements to play the games I do so it s not like I m trying Brand New PC Starting To Make Noise to overload my PC Could this be a hard drive issue Intel QC i - gb DDR SDRAM Unfortunately I just found out I have a Seagate Barracuda TB SATA Gbs MB Cache RPM Inch Desktop Hard Drive which may be the problem nVidia GeForce GTX Gb Don t know PSU yet sorry Does this sound familiar to anyone I have a year warranty so whatever the problem is I should be able to get fixed I wanted to see if anyone might have an idea of what it could be It s hard to tell where the noise is coming from I m guessing it s either the PSU or H D nbsp

A:Brand New PC Starting To Make Noise

It could just simlpy be your fans speeding up? When I game, as the computer gets hotter the fans in my PC speed up. When in the menu, it cools down so the fans slow down Its just a guess though...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-pc-starting-to-make-noise.192882/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hitachi Hard disk are more cheaper than other brands.so I want know that how is it has good performance.How about other brand.
thanks

A:Which hard disk brand is best? Hitachi?

Need more details for a better answer.

http://www.storagereview.com/ has a lot of information on drives and their performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-hard-disk-brand-is-best-hitachi.189920/
Relevancy 30.1%

Computer specs Case CM Storm enforcer Brand PC, new overheating problem with a m intake fan at the front bottom of the case and a mm outtake fan at the top-back of the case CPU Cooler Xigmatek Prime SD with two mm fans I think they re mm one for intake another for outtake CPU Intel Core i GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX So I got this computer literally one week ago and the threshold that it s deeming to be too hot Brand new PC, overheating problem is degrees Celsius I ve heard from other people quot over is a bit bad Brand new PC, overheating problem quot quot it can handle quot quot it can handle up to quot so I m really not too sure if is an okay temperature for my CPU to be running at It gets this hot when I run diablo at max settings - but when I play tribes ascend at max it can get to degrees Every game play the temp is always over I ll be getting a mm outtake fan for the top of the case anyday now which I m hoping will help but I d really like some helpful advice please The computer is located on top of my desk which is on the opposite side of the room to my window I can include other specs I just included what I thought to be the necessary ones nbsp

A:Brand new PC, overheating problem

That sounds too hot, make sure your CPU HSF is mounted properly and that you haven't applied too much thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-pc-overheating-problem.182598/
Relevancy 22.79%

Ok guys,

so I have a old IBM laptop which is partitioned as follows, C,D,E,F. It is a 80GB ide.

I want it to work on a old dell laptop, how do I go about getting it to boot up and work in the dell?

I have already tried putting the ibm drive into the dell, slapping a xp cd in and doing a repair install but no joy. Wont even boot up.

Someone told me to try and do a boot sector repair....

Any suggestions that will work?

A:IBM laptop HDD in another brand laptop

Of course there are problems - - you need the hardware drivers for the Dell.

get the make/model of the dell, go to there site, find support/drivers and download them to a CD or USB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-laptop-hdd-in-another-brand-laptop.187128/
Relevancy 29.24%

Long story short Received my new laptop on Monday and I installed Windows and the Drivers on Tuesday I was able then to connect to the internet wirelessly in another room in my house My router is a year old wired Linksys G router and in order to provide wireless in my home I set-up a TrendNet Access Point N a year and a half ago Though there are times that I need to periodically reboot we can access the internet anywhere in the house on our laptops The laptop at the beginning connected fine recognizing the TrendNet and the signal was strong I then installed Windows Updates Microsoft Essentials and the latest Adobe Flash By the way the W firewall was enabled from the beginning After a time I shut it down but when I came back this system will not connect at all It shows that the system is connected to the Access Point with a strong signal but when I go to connect to the internet wirelessly Brand at it the start, now worked Wireless doesn't new laptop: it constantly says that there is a problem Diagnosis says it s my modem access point or router So I reset them at least five times but nothing has changed Besides my two PC s have no trouble connecting to the internet Two Lenovo laptops have no trouble connecting to the internet throughout the house I even fired up my year old Toshiba Tecra S using a TP Link USB adapter at the opposite end of the house and it connects Diagnosis diagram shows connection from Access Point to laptop but no connection from laptop to internet I did a system restore as I only installed the Adobe Flash and Microsoft Essentials When it finally rebooted the only thing I reinstalled was MSE I even set things to default But the problem persists The Device Manager recognizes my wireless card and reports Brand new laptop: Wireless worked at the start, now it doesn't that it is functioning properly With one exception the Intel Wireless Pro Drive Software diagnostics tool reports that every test passed including Signal Test which gives an Excellent quality rating What it has failed is the Ping Test I would appreciate any help you can give because I am really out of my element here This laptop is for my son who will be entering college this fall and so I need it to be able to access wirelessly By the way it does connect via ethernet cable nbsp

A:Brand new laptop: Wireless worked at the start, now it doesn't

run IPCONFIG /ALL

if it shows the current IP address as 169.x.x.x then the issue is not finding
(or being blocked from sending/receiving ) the DHCP service in the router.

ALSO, if you see an IP address like 0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334
then you have IPv6 enabled on the laptop;
1) google for disable ipv6
2) apply the solution for your {XP,Vista,Win/7} laptop

reboot and reconnect

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-laptop-wireless-worked-at-the-start-now-it-doesnt.169520/
Relevancy 29.67%

The last time I bought a gaming mouse it was this habu mouse. I bought it refurbished for around 20$. Are there any off brands out there that compare with say razer mice for a cheaper price?

I was peeping this mouse

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-X-Razer...InternetTelephonyHeadsets&hash=item35bd50c69d

A:Any off-brand gaming mice as good as Razer?

Not cheaper, but I think Steelseries products are better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-off-brand-gaming-mice-as-good-as-razer.181916/
Relevancy 29.67%

I recently bought brand new parts to build my own PC I had a friend put it together He tested it display won't Monitor PC build new on brand on his monitor and the bios started up fine I took it home and tried plugging it into MY monitor and there s no display The power light is just yellow The monitor is old but I know it works to an extent because my old desktop registers it It s a inch Dell The port on the back of the new desktop is VGA Here are the rest of my computer specs as follows Mobo - MSI Z MA-ED B LGA Intel Z B DDR SATA and USB Monitor won't display on brand new PC build A amp GbE MATX Processor - Intel Core i - GHz MB Cache Socket LGA Memory - Corsair Vengeance GB x Monitor won't display on brand new PC build GB DDR MHz PC -Pin DDR Memory Kit for Intel Core i i i and AMD Platforms SDRAM CMZ GX M A PSU - Corsair Builder Series CX watt Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms ATX CMPSU- CXV HDD - Western Monitor won't display on brand new PC build Digital Caviar Blue GB SATA III RPM MB Cache Bulk OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD AAKX Video card - MSI AMD Radeon HD G Pcie GDDR Heatsink - Cooler Master Hyper EVO CPU Cooler RR- E- PK-R Like I said he plugged the newly built PC into his own monitor and the bios started up fine Any suggestions nbsp

A:Monitor won't display on brand new PC build

did you plug the monitor into the board or the 6850? Just use the VGA/DVI adapter that came with the GPU and you should be good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-display-on-brand-new-pc-build.179286/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey guys,

My question is probably dumb, but I've never really thought of it before and wanted some feedback before I buy.

Basically, say I have brand A ram and want to add some more, but it's from brand B. That won't matter, will it (both being DDR 3, of course)?

I don't see why different brands wouldn't play nice together, but I never say never >.>

Thanks!

A:Different brand RAM

This depends on how you plan to use your computer. As a general rule with newer motherboards, you should at least use the same timings and type memory. Brand can be different, although I always use identical RAM in my builds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-brand-ram.172231/
Relevancy 26.23%

From reading a couple old threads here, I am starting to think that my laptop turns off randomly because of a bad fan. So I checked under my laptop, and I can't feel air flow from anywhere, nor do I see a fan spinning.

I have a satellite a105-s4284. I am including a picture of the bottom of the laptop, where I have circled where I believe the fan to be. It is not spinning. Should it be spinning at all times, at least to some extent? If this is where the fan is located, then I definitely need to order another one.

Thanks for the help!

ugh, well i can't post a picture, because my post count is too low. but just confirming that the fan should be spinning at all times should suffice.

A:Is the fan bad in my laptop? (picture included)

if the temp is cold the fan sometimes stopped.

but, for all laptops, when you turn them on, the fan should spin, no matter the temperature is, for few seconds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-fan-bad-in-my-laptop-picture-included.171922/
Relevancy 28.81%

I bought a brand spanking new gigabyte a75m ud2h motherboard as well as a processor for the FM1 slot (came as a bundle). I hooked it all up but for some reason i'm not getting ANY reaction when i turn the computer on, no fans no light on the motherboard nothing. When i plug the power back into my old motherboard it starts up just fine. So the power switch is fine, the power source (650W) is fine...not sure why my machine is not starting up with the brand spanking new mobo & processor =( Any suggestions? I have tried putting the power button pin in every slot on the F-board, cannot get any reaction from my tower.

A:Brand new motherboard upgrade, computer showing no signs of life

First suggestion, check that you aren't shorting out the board by having any screw mounting the motherboard contacting the case. I'd even suggest taking it out of the case and testing just on a desk/table, away from any sources of static electricity. If that makes no difference it could be that the motherboard is DOA (Dead on arrival). There are many products that slip through quality control procedures of manufacturers and turn up at people's homes in a non working state. If the testing outside of the case doesn't give any positive results it might be time to contact the retailer for RMA/sending them back the faulty part.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-motherboard-upgrade-computer-showing-no-signs-of-life.169417/
Relevancy 29.24%

it was working fine this morning, and i'd left my computer copying files on to it all day, and when i got back to it just now it started telling me that this hard drive doesn't exist.. it had it as g:, and i have another one plugged in now called f: (which is showing up okay), and my computer's hard drive is split in two, c and d, so it's not a name confusion thing.. just stopped working all of a sudden, even its little light isn't lighting up.. .. i managed to use it fine once before, to copy files on to (needed to do that so i didn't lose everything when i wiped my computer's hd, for another reason (most stubborn virus i've ever met)).. .. so what should i do now? is my stuff still salvagable?

A:WD hard drive, almost brand new, not showing up in my computer all of a sudden

Is it an external hdd? You could start Disk Management (press start, and run diskmgmt.msc). If your hdd shows up there you can right click and assign a new drive letter.
You can also try to connect it to another computer.

Sadly it's also possible that your hard drive just died, even if it's new. In that case you should return it to wherever you bought it and get a replacement, but your data could be difficult to recover (maybe it's possible, but very expensive). One of my Transcend external drives stopped working after only a few weeks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-drive-almost-brand-new-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-all-of-a-sudden.169342/
Relevancy 29.24%

Ok first of all I am new here and am not sure if this is the correct section to make this post in new gaming on PC frame games brand rate Inconsistent so forgive me if i m wrong I recently bought a new pc with the intention of running games Inconsistent frame rate in games on brand new gaming PC at decent graphics settings These are the specs ignoring the irrelevant parts like disk trays ext AMD Phenom x T x Mhz processor ASUS M N T-M LE Motherboard gb of DDR RAM tb Samsung hard drive AMD Radeon HD gb graphics card Ever since buying it i ve noticed that the frame rate it s capable of producing fps on most of my games locked due to vsync at hz on my monitor at x resolution and with high settings However when things start to pick up the frame rate often drops quite considerably Normally I would put this down to the settings being to high but after about or minutes the frame rate will normally return to frames A good example of this would be in League of Legends where I have fps for the most part but will often drop to around Even in World of Warcraft in a vs battleground the frame rate will return with seemingly no change in what s going on around me almost as if it s taking ages to prep itself for it These problems also occur on lower graphics settings even on lowest in world of warcraft so I doubt it s me overloading the settings I turn off all the background programs that i m aware of and have even resorted to using the overclocking software provided with my motherboard on my CPU but nothing seems to work I also did a windows performance scan and discovered that all the categories gave a score of above except my hard drive which got a could this be an issue So far my attempts to fix this via searching forums have resulted in people saying quot you shouldn t be experiencing these problems quot but I am and would appreciate any help on this issue nbsp

A:Inconsistent frame rate in games on brand new gaming PC

Hope ya got the latest video card drivers n windows updates. Really do you even notice the fps drop or are you staring the fps numbers? Also you can go into your power management and adjust your settings so your cpu is running above the normal 5% on idle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inconsistent-frame-rate-in-games-on-brand-new-gaming-pc.168137/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have had many issues with this comupter, but my Dell Inspirton 1545 had started to read "no bootable devices" and wouldn't start at all. Now, after buying and installing a brand new harddrive, it reads it again, but only SOMETIMES!

When it gives me options of rebooting or running a diagnostics test, if I switch some stuff around or restart it, or even just leave it alone for a little while, I can start it and it works fine. Except after a short while of using it, it will malfunction and go to "no bootable devices" page again. Tech support says that the hard drive may not be connected properly, but I don't know what to do!

A:Dell Inspiron says "no bootable devices" with brand new hard drive

Probably a silly question, but is anything on the hard drive, like an O.S.? Has the "new" hard drive already been formatted? I'm only asking for sometimes some of my clients will go behind my back and install things like hard drives on their own and try to load an O.S. on them, failing to go through the formatting process, and they in the end either through frustration or embarrassment wind up calling me to drive to their house and fix their problem, like installing the O.S. properly.

Also checking your connections might not hurt, just make sure everything is fitting nice and snug and connected the right way.

(This was just me kind of thinking out loud for you.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-says-no-bootable-devices-with-brand-new-hard-drive.165260/
Relevancy 30.96%

I was searching through newegg's extensive case fan selection and found that
there were over a hundred, 120mm fans, and twenty or more brands.
Which brands are better, more reliable/durable? What should I expect to pay: $5 - $25 for a 100 or 120mm fan?
From what I have heard, brands like Rosewill, Antec, Thermaltake, and Cooler Master are good, am I correct?

A:Which fan brand to buy?

Depends what your expectations are.
A few things to take into consideration are:
Bearing type
Sleeve bearing -cheap, noisy and gets more noisy very quickly as it ages and the lubricant dries out. Not recommended for horizonal use.
Rifle bearing- same deal as sleeve except that the spiral grooves (rifling) on the bearing surface allow the lube to be pumped over the whole bearing surface so it can be mounted horizontally.
Ball bearing- Better than sleeve/rifle. Expect to pay a bit more than the these also. relatively quiet for most of it's lifetime but can age prematurely (as do sleeve/rifle) with excessive dust buildup.
Fluid (sometimes marketed as Fluid Dynamic or Enter) bearing- sealed bearing-pretty much silent, long service life, fairly expensive.
Magnetic bearing uses two magnets repelling each other instead of a physical contact area within the bearing. The only noise is that of air flowing over the fan blades. very long service life.

In addition any of these fans can have PWM (pulse width modulation) -variable speed control that can be altered automatically via software. Characterised by having a four-pin connection -either fan header, or molex.

The most important value tends to be the actual volume of air a particular fan can move (how much pressure it generates) since a lot of fans will state a number in cfm (cubic feet/min) or m³/hr (cubic meters/hour) which in actuality bears no relation to it's ability. Note the testing methods employed here and here. Even though the second testing method may seem a little primative, both are more representative of real-world usage.
Examples of "good" fan construction/design allied with quiet operation and longevity would be those from Scythe, Noctua, Noiseblocker as well as *some* Thermaltake, Sunbeamtech, CoolerMaster and Gelid

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-fan-brand-to-buy.156736/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 25.37%

Can anyone please help me fix the problem shown in the screenshot below? My screen starts to pixelate with strange colours, then eventually freezes. I've had a message pop up saying my display driver has stopped working, and has been resolved as well. All my drivers are up to date and my OS is Vista. Please say this can be fixed easily...I'm not the most technical person on the planet!

A:Screen pixelating when scrolling, then freezing. Screenshot included

Are you using a separate GPU or onboard VGA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-pixelating-when-scrolling-then-freezing-screenshot-included.161138/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello there TechSpot,

So I've just built a new system, first time builder. I've followed an online guide to the absolute letter but for some reason, the motherboard just won't POST or display anything on the monitor(s).

My old PC now also only displays on the monitor without a graphics card installed. I went into BIOS after some advice, and checked on the First Display, but that's set to the PCIEx that my graphics card goes into. Nothing on this older system has changed besides me moving the hard drive between the computers once.

So far, I've tried to run the new system without any of the un-needed peripherals (HDD and DVD Drive) but to no avail, just the fans and lights running.

Before I forget, the front-panel speaker thing is plugged in, so it should be able to POST.

No POST, No video, no beeps.

A:Brand new system, not POSTing, first time builder

it's possible, that on the older desktop the power supply is not sufficient to run the new card, especially if the card requires auxiliary power directly from the PSU. it would be very helpful to post the complete hardware specifications of at least the two desktops so we can get a better understanding of what you are working with. there are nearly an infinite number of hardware combinations so more specific information on each component is always helpful.

i'm a bit confused as to what you are looking to do with Desk A... i know B is a completely new build with graphics card, but are you also replacing the adapter in A?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-system-not-posting-first-time-builder.159048/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello this is quite an exciting topic for me since the Internets is virtually free of any feedback regarding ZT AFFINITY computers Basically Let me give you the rundown of the specs which seems like amazing deal compared to anything remotely similar that is namebrand I need to know why this is or isn t a good deal for tower mouse keyrd only Has anyone ever heard of ZT computers they sell through Costco AMD Phenom II T Six-Core Processor GHz AMD G SB Chipset GB DDR Memory Drives TB SATA II Hard Drive X DVD R RW Front Panel -in- digital multimedia card reader Graphics Integrated ATI Radeon HD series graphics from AMD Communications Gigabit Comparing generic brand name computers to Ethernet LAN Audio -CH High-Definition Audio CODEC Keyboard amp Mouse USB Desktop Keyboard Optical Mouse Expandability total bays slots x quot Exposed x Comparing generic computers to name brand occupied x quot Exposed Comparing generic computers to name brand x occupied x quot Hidden x occupied x PCIe x x PCIe x x PCI Ports x USB ports Front Rear x Audio ports x eSATA port x DVI port x VGA port x HDMI port x PS keyboard mouse port x RJ network port Operating System Genuine Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Additional Software Microsoft Office Starter reduced functionality versions of Word and Excel not the full version of Microsoft Office Access the full Office experience when you purchase a Product Key Card The Product Key Card is a single license card that contains a -character code to activate full-featured Office software on your new PC To purchase Click Here Symantec Norton Internet Security -day trial Additional Information Dimensions HxWxD quot x quot x quot approx Power supply W Lifetime toll-free phone support Year Limited Parts amp Labor Warranty Email and fax support M-F from am- pm EST nbsp

A:Comparing generic computers to name brand

They have decent ratings but overall the customer support is a little on the crappie side. PC MAG has had reviews on these systems and they liked them overall but remember that these kind of systems usually tend to have low quality parts used to make the price lower on there systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparing-generic-computers-to-name-brand.160137/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello.

My title is a somewhat simplified version of my question, I will try to go a little more into detail.

I just bought a new router, Cisco E-3000. I want to bridge this with the old router, a 3com router.

Problem is, the old router is not mine. And I'm not allowed to remove the old network.

What I would like to do:
Set the new router up as primary router. Set the old router up as secondary. Keep the old security settings on the old router so that everything remains the same for the other users.(They don't want a password for some odd reason).

What is the point of all this?
I want my router to be on a different subnet, with better security and QoS. This way, my network stays better protected, meanwhile the other users will not even notice things have changed.

Would this be possible?

A:Bridging two routers of different brand

use the following layout

modem==firstRouter(lan)------(wan)newRouter----your systems

any request(s) from your systems will flow out to the Internet and back to you correctly,
but nothing attached to the firstRouter will be able to access the newRouter or beyond,
as firstRouter keeps its default route to be its Wan Side connection, not the port to the newRouter.

The newRouter(wan) side will take its address from the firstRouter.

You set the newRouter IP address to what you want and let its DHCP make assignments for your systems. The three common addresses for private LANs are

192.168.x.x
172.16.x.x
10.x.y.z
If the firstRouter is on say (#1), then set yours to 2 or 3 - - this makes it even more interesting for the upstream systems

one consequence: the new router will be isolated and thus no port forwarding will be possible,
reason: it would be required to port forward on BOTH routers. This may impact gaming or any 'servers' on your systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bridging-two-routers-of-different-brand.160180/
Relevancy 14.62%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 29.24%

hello im new member to this forum.. i hope i will get a appropriate solution to my problem
The problem is my brand new laptop (acer d260) dont turn on.. its brand new. using it for first time. never switched on before.. dont even see the power light glowing after i plugin the batter charging Adapter..

A:My brand new Acer D260 notebook doesn't turn on

Are you sure your wall socket is getting power?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-brand-new-acer-d260-notebook-doesnt-turn-on.156659/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my CPU because it is the only thing which make some of my games run like sh*t.

I was wondering which one, and what kind of CPU. I'm not looking for thé best, but for a decent one. If possible a cheap but still an awesome, fast CPU.

My computer :
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits (6.1, build 7600)
- IMEDIA A7077 BE
- Default system BIOS
- 4096 MB Ram
- DirectX version 11
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 (total memory : 2032 MB)
- AMD Phenom(tm) 9100e Quad-Processor (4CPUs), ~ 1.8Ghz

If you need any more information just reply.
Hope you guys help me out so my pc can even go faster .

Grtz, Dopeway

A:Looking for a gaming CPU for my pc (specs included)

Can you find out which motherboard or chipset your system is running. CPU-Z should be able to get this info.

What's your price range for the new CPU?

A possibility:
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ940XCJ4DGI
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103644

You'd need to get a heatsink for the new processor since it's an OEM chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-gaming-cpu-for-my-pc-specs-included.156409/
Relevancy 30.1%

hey guys first off my name says it all - i really don t know a lot about pc s right here goes - bought a new pc from dinopc and it arrived days ago turned it on and it worked fine installed my game world of warcraft and downloaded all the extras turned it off properly following day i played the game with no problems at all and again turned it off properly however the following day i turned it on and all i got was a blank monitor screen everything is exactly the same as the night before and not been touched or fiddled with the tower is running and the fan is working but i have no idea what it could be coz its all new also it cant be the monitor as i tried it on the working one im on now any suggestions would be very appreciated my specs are - CPU AMD Athlon II X AM Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Motherboard Asus M N T-M Memory new but Blank screen brand PC GB DDR mhz x GB Hard Drives GB S-ATAII Gb Blank screen but brand new PC s Optical Drive x DVD RW DL S-ATA Graphics card ATI Radeon HD GB Sound card Onboard Audio Case Piano Black ATX PSU W PSU thank you very much nbsp

A:Blank screen but brand new PC

With a NEW computer and limited computer knowledge it is always best to get it fixed under warranty.

Dinopc -> http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-but-brand-new-pc.155825/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-with-vista-64-has-a-continuous-beep-and-bsod.154876/
Relevancy 14.62%

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-video-card-8800gtx-error-nvlddmkm-sys.151876/
Relevancy 30.1%

hey guys im making a PC its comping close to complestion, whats a good brand of ram to use? the OS will be windows 7 ultiment, or enterprize.

Case - Element V
Radeon HD5870
24" LCD
Core i7 930
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
1TB SATAII- x2
SATA Blu-ray Burner
Kingston 6G Kit 1333C9
mouse, raser
keybord,raser
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2

right now im gonna grab Kingston 6G Kit 1333C9, im not sure about it though, also dont hate me for buying raser, its mostly a joke.

thanks for ANY help

A:Good brand of ram for a high end PC

If you're not planning an overclocking adventure then the Kingston modules will be fine. I presume they are the KVR1333D3N9 kit. If you're planning on overclocking you might want to investigate a DDR3-1600 kit. Since your motherboard model is an older board (as is mine) there wont be a great deal of selection under the RAM QVL but Crucial, G.Skill, Kingston and Corsair don't usually have compatibility problems with Giga boards.
Check the memory configurator/memory finder on each memory manufacturers site for compatibility if you are unsure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-brand-of-ram-for-a-high-end-pc.150191/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 29.67%

Have an issue with my computer not turning on A couple of days ago it shut down on me in the middle of web browsing It would not turn back on I noticed my power button LED light stayed lit I completely unplugged the computer and then plugged back in The LED light was now off I then pressed power and it turned on After minutes the computer shut off again LED light came back on I waited til the next day to try again but was unsuccesful I thought that I had blown my power supply I replaced the power supply with a new one and the computer would Computer not turn brand supply on, is will new power still not turn on At this point I am puzzled by what it would be I just Computer will not turn on, power supply is brand new so happened to have another MOBO and I swapped the two MOBOs and still nothing There is a small square light on the MOBOs themselves that come on when the Computer will not turn on, power supply is brand new power supply is connected Not sure what it means Since swapping the MOBOs didnt do anything I bought another CPU After installing it I get nothing I really need to get this fixed fast Any suggestions Why would the power LED light stay on This is happening with both mobos FYI Its an Intel PERL mobo with an Intel Pentium HT processor Socket nbsp

A:Computer will not turn on, power supply is brand new

call the company

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-turn-on-power-supply-is-brand-new.144347/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I was looking to update my motherboard drivers and there i found update for
my BIOS. My mobo is MSi K8N NEO4 Platinum [MS-7125] 1.0. I downloaded update for BIOS, and i got 4 files: 7125 - Text document that says what is that update doing. it says: This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Improve compatibility problem with nVidia graphic card
- Improve stability problem when doing overclock behavior.
Im getting a new nVidia gpu, and + my system is unstable when oc so i really need this update. I also got a exe. file, and some 160. file. when i click that exe file nothing happens. Last file i got is called How To Flash the BIOS.doc. Do i have to read that file in order to update bios?? I dont understand English very well, is FLASHING bios updating BIOS?

A:How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

Unless you are having a problem that the BIOS update will solve, I recommend not flashing the BIOS. There is a risk. If something goes wrong with the flash whether it's your mistake or a power outage or something else, your motherboard could become useless. This is a risk especially if you are not sure how to read the instructions on how to do it.

Do you have a problem that you think updating the BIOS will fix?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-phoenix-award-bios-v6-00pg.143414/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am contemplating building my own desktop. I have lately been wondering, and it may be an illogical question:

I have been told that there are people who have multi-card set-ups (Nvidia in SLI, presumably) who have one of their multiple cards dedicated to handling the physics in a game. My question is this:

On mobos that support both Nvidia and ATI graphics hardware, is it possible to have a card from each of them? I wonder if it is possible to have one of the latest cards from ATI to handle the graphics side of things, and an Nvidia card dedicated to handle the physics in games that support the feature?

A:Choice of GPU Brand

multiple cards dedicated to handling the physics in a game.Click to expand...

Waste of money IMO.

Also, no.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choice-of-gpu-brand.141585/
Relevancy 28.81%

I bought this netbook on black friday and had done a ton of reviews on it and everyone gave it stars I got it at BestBuy and they had said that they opened it from the manufacturer and freezes reboot Netbook restart when can only manual Brand-new idle, with uninstalled all the trial software and installed an Anti-virus program Aside from that all I ve installed software-wise is Skype I have no issue with the computer if I am actively surfing or working on a document But if I pull up a web page that has a lot of text and I m reading it for a while or if I walk away from it and leave it it freezes after only a few minutes Also I can t close the laptop while it Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart s on otherwise Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart when I open it again it will show me the screen quot User Name application running quot but when I click it it doesn t do anything I have run all the spyware checks and anti-virus and it s clean I have also changed the power options so that it doesn t hibernate and shut of screen savers This hasn t helped It really is a great little computer otherwise and I d like to fix it rather than take it back for a refund Does anyone have any ideas I really don t think it s a heat issue since it sometimes only happens after minutes and it isn t hot at all Could it be the ram I can t reboot Windows in it since I don t have a portable USB Optical drive and the netbook itself has no CD-ROM Here are the stats OS Windows XP service pack Model Compaq Mini - DX Intel Atom N quot LED GB DDR GB HD Built-in HP webcam b g nbsp

A:Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart

Talk to the manufacturer. Get it fixed while still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-netbook-freezes-when-idle-can-only-reboot-with-manual-restart.139457/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. At the moment, I have no OS running, as I am trying to reformat my computer. In doing so, I received the BSOD message: partmgr.sys - Address F87C04AB base at F87BE000.

Do I need a new hard drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KJA6

A:BSOD message: partmgr.sys

What Windows CD version are you using to boot with and did you set the CD as the first boot device? I could be wrong but maybe you aren't booting correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-message-partmgr-sys.137335/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey everyone I m back with another problem This time it s in my personal laptop So about weeks ago a friend of mine installed GB RAM into my nv4_disp Help BSOD infinite loop with laptop After a couple of days with the RAM I turned on my laptop and find my screen flashing red Parts of the screen were pixeled red After backing up my files through safe mode I brought the computer to the college tech support They figured Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD it s a driver problem so they updated my video driver Into what I cannot remember The problem randomly appeared and that forced me to format and start fresh So a new problem arose As the title suggested I randomly get the nv disp infinite loop BSOD Sometimes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD my screen would just freeze and not do anything Sometimes the screen flashes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD but I can still move my mouse pointer And it hasn t really been too friendly when I open the only two games I have in my computer in an attempt to see how bad the damage is I looked up some solutions online which included uninstalling and reinstalling drivers After a few attempts of that with the update the NVIDIA website provided I rolled back my driver into driver version So here are some things about my computer Model Dell Latitude D System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Computer Intel R Core TM Duo CPU t GHz GHz with GB of RAM Driver Details Currently NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Driver Version Personally I wouldn t mind this problem But I have a final project for a class where I need a video presentation and I am using Pinnacle Studio I m not sure if it s just me being retarded and missing a driver to install but I m pretty sure I reinstalled everything after formatting my computer Any help is greatly appreciated If any more information is needed please tell me so I can attempt to provide you with correct information not completely tech savvy for a computer engineering major ironically nbsp

A:Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

First of all you have to make sure that the 667 memory and the nvidia driver is compatible with your Dell laptops model, and you should use the Nvidia video and chipset driver from Dell and not from the nvidia site. You can up the shared video memory to 256MB maximum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-bsod.137089/
Relevancy 15.05%

hi.

my system:

gigabyte X48TDQ6 mobo
qx9650cpu
gtx285
2X2gb ocz ddr3 1600mhz

my problem:

i have run my system for about a year with q6600 cpu with no problems with this mobo,memory,graphic card.

yesterday i have changed my cpu to qx9650 with the intel stock cpu fan. when i play games after 20 minutes i get bsod and the system reboot even in regular use on desktop.

the cpu temp in idele is about 27 deg. (not seems beacuse overhit)

on bios everythind on standart/auto (no o.c).

i upgrade my bios revision.

the bsod is "not less or equel" something:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1037

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000010000002
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800020BCAC1
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

thanx 4 any help.

A:Bsod after replacing cpu

look on the box the CPU came in, or run CPU-z and see what the revision is. If it is an E0 you need BIOS F8D beta to run that CPU. At least that is what Gigabyte is showing for that CPU on the GA-X48-DQ6 mobo. I couldn't find a GA-X48-TDQ6 mobo listed on their site. Typo or wrong region possibly? Also check windows updates. There may be something for that CPU, or maybe you need more than SP1 on your OS? Your BSOD screen by the way is referencing a failure to read paged memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-replacing-cpu.134111/
Relevancy 14.62%

I came home from a vacation after summer everything was my and Just computer new installed now processor gets BSOD's 955) (X4 already Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's set up in my computer except that I had sold Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's the Phenom X before I left which left my computer well CPU-less When I came back I bought a new Phenom X So I installed the processor and the stock heatsink and fan that came with it No I m not overclocking the CPU No I m not doing anything else out of the ordinary I ve had this processor installed for at least a week now My computer will just randomly get the blue screen of doom or death and just restart I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I can t take this anymore I downloaded a program called BlueScreenView by NirSoft so that I can view the BSOD error codes etc etc So I can tell you exactly what BSOD happened and at what time I just need to know how to fix it The three BSOD s I ve been getting are DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x HOW CAN I FIX ANY OF THESE nbsp

A:Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's

Sounds like a bios update might help. Version 2606 appears to be the latest for Vista if you have 32 bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-new-processor-x4-955-and-now-my-computer-gets-bsods.133084/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi i have been getting random bsod when playing games and sometimes watching videos online says video driver stopped responding sometimes bsod sometimes it recovers says to upgrade drivers which i have doesnt help it has done this with every driver i have installed.

vista home premium
asus p5q pro
ati 4780 512
2/2g corsiar dominator
e 8400 @ 3.00
XFI PLATINUM
pc power +cooling 750 w
2/300g vel raptor hd raid o

hers the mini dump please help

A:Random bsod video drivers

Your video card may be over heating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-video-drivers.132166/
Relevancy 29.24%

I just bought a brand-new Dell Inspiron I started the computer finished the registration and Dell Connect Brand to New Won't Internet Inspiron 1545 connected to my home wireless networking system The Dell has Vista OS pre-loaded on it and it showed full connectivity to my internet system However once I clicked on Internet Explorer the page would not load and I could surf to other pages Thinking it was an Internet Brand New Dell Inspiron 1545 Won't Connect to Internet Explorer issue Brand New Dell Inspiron 1545 Won't Connect to Internet I tried Firefox Firefox allowed me to go to Google but nothing else I spent about an hour on the phone with Dell who informed me that there have been some configuration problems between Vista McAfee and Internet Explorer but they wanted to charge me for a one year Brand New Dell Inspiron 1545 Won't Connect to Internet software warranty apparently my warranty is only hardware I uninstalled the free -day trial McAfee but could not still surf the web I ve tried ipconfig as well as other online hints but nothing s worked I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem I m pretty close to just returning the Dell to the store and looking for another brand Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Brand New Dell Inspiron 1545 Won't Connect to Internet

Yes, I can connect using an Ethernet cord. The Comcast technical website (our home internet provider) shows that my computer is connected via Ethernet and wirelessly, but I still can only surf the web when I'm connected with an Ethernet cord.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-dell-inspiron-1545-wont-connect-to-internet.131418/
Relevancy 28.38%

months of Multiple BSODs on a or computer BSODs Multiple 5 a - error? of on hardware new brand driver months brand new computer - driver or hardware error Mini dump 5 months of Multiple BSODs on a brand new computer - driver or hardware error? analysis help please Hi I m looking for anyone who can analyse mini dumps and help me determine the source of my problems The system has been giving me hell from the start The problem often manifests in different driver and memory errors - To my level of understanding the errors seem to be fairly unrelated When it runs well it s awesome and it really performs When it starts messing up that s it it might BSOD on every start up times in a row and then start working for no apparent reason I ruled out faulty PSU and faulty RAM and system always runs cool the hottest component being the fanless graphics card I have also run extensive tests on system hard drive Seatools returned no errors after firmware upgrade and long tests However DiskCheckup keeps changing its mind out predicted TEC date it jumps from Jan too Aug either of which is unacceptable and well within manufacture warranty Reinstalled windows countless times with different installation CDs So that leaves MOBO CPU GPU or maybe some software of driver issue I feel that it must be hardware related but I can t work out what it is on top of that the faults are often intermittent making trial and error testing unreliable I have collected many minidumps now but I can t work out if they are related or not has my comp dozens of problems or just a couple with variegated symptoms Questions Q Can anybody help me Q How should I post minidumps and info Hard drive questions Seatools return no errors I have been told that this is the definitive test for a faulty hard drive Q PassMark DiskCheckup keeps changing its mind out predicted TEC date Does this indicate a problem with my hard drive Q When ever I run chkdsk it says that it has found errors and is repairing them Does this indicate a problem with my hard drive GPU questions Video driver has supposedly caused some of the BSODs The drag and drop mouse marks don t disappear almost as if the screen is not refreshing Q Could these be signs of a faulty graphics card Thanks a lot I m beginning to go a little bit mad from all this troubleshooting dead Jane nbsp

A:5 months of Multiple BSODs on a brand new computer - driver or hardware error?

Here are some of the older dmp analyses:
View attachment 50542

View attachment 50543

View attachment 50544

View attachment 50545

View attachment 50546

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-months-of-multiple-bsods-on-a-brand-new-computer-driver-or-hardware-error.130950/
Relevancy 15.05%

Can t seem to find any solutions to this ongoing problem Currently Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M BSOD, using WinDbg to debug issue however I am not having much luck Here are the two latest BSOD Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image navex sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for navex sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for navex sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b d ba b Probably caused by navex sys navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg b d ba The address that the exception occurred at Arg b Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot FAULTING IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h TRAP FRAME b -- trap xffffffffb ErrCode eax ebx e ecx edx esi e caa edi e e a eip b d ba esp b ebp b iopl nv up ei pl nz ac po cy cs ss ds es fs gs efl navex x f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h ds ac Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT SERVER MINIDUMP BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME vbda exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b d e to b d ba STACK TEXT WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong b b d e e d e e e a navex x f ba b bc b d b e e f e navex x e e b d b a c e d ff b ac navex x e b b a e e f f e dd acd b ac navex x a c b b b a e e e d c e dd acd navex x ce b c b d navex x d e b c e e d c nt ExFreePoolWithTag x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME navex f ba FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME navex IMAGE NAME navex sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b c FAILURE BUCKET ID x E navex f ba BUCKET ID x E navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b ef a b a a c Probably caused by hardware afd AfdTransmitFile a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very com... Read more

A:BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M

you might want to post this in operating system and software.
i would suggest reinstalling windows myself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel_mode_exception_not_handled_m.130798/
Relevancy 15.05%

Just got a gift from a friend. A Panasonic CF48E. Put a new HD in it, Installed WIN XP pro, and was happy... NO sound.. Looking at the Control panell, looks like the Multimedia Audio Controller has a ( ! ) in the yellow circle. Downloaded what seems to be the correct drivers for it, ir starts to install but mid installation I get the Blue SOD, that says portcls.sys, and it shuts down, and restarts the laptop real fast ( no time to read what the blue screen says..
Anyone see that problem before?
Any solutions? I read all kinds of suggestions, but none work.
Help please.

A:Panasonic CF-48 E Portcls.sys BSOD

Try here:
http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/toughbook-products.asp?cm_mmc=PCSC_Toughbook-_-iProspect_PPC%20-_-Google-_-panasonic%20toughbook

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/panasonic-cf-48-e-portcls-sys-bsod.130384/
Relevancy 37.84%

I need to update the bios on my pcg-c1vp sony vaio netbook"PheonixPhlash Error File open failed on PLATFORM.BIN press any key to exit". The bios is the one that the sony vaio website links to "Phlash5.zip" containing "Phlash5.exe".

Maybe i need to run it outside of windows, but im updating the bios because it won't recognize any external boot formats. Its running windows xp pro at the moment and that is the only capacity that it will boot in.

A:Phoenix bios flash failure

Sony should have Bios Flashing instructions on their support website. Find them! Most of the time bios are flashed outside of Windows using a bootable floppy or CD/DVD disc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-flash-failure.129716/
Relevancy 15.05%

i was redirected here from the BSOD help as it may be a hardware problem I have a Gateway laptop running Windows XP media center edition with SP and whenever i try logging in it either boots me before loading up or within the first - seconds i have tried running in the last good configuration and safe mode but they dont work it just shuts off without a blue screen the screen has had trouble in the past and doesnt work well now so it is plugged into a computer monitor could that be the reason its having problems the thing is it has used this monitor for a good months at least before having problems I lent the laptop to my girlfriend so she could have a computer in her room with internet then it started doing this there is nothing of major importance on this computer so i really just wanna do a full system restore or repair but i dont know how The system wont stay on long enough and i dont have my cd key either i did just have one successful log in with an error report i am doing the list of things in and log hardly can BSOD microsoft says to do currently looking for updated drivers EDIT BSOD d then got back in and performed a BSOD and can hardly log in quick scan found nothing doing a full scan in hopes it finds something helpful nbsp

A:BSOD and can hardly log in

Memory or failing hard drive... You may have to take it in for service. What kind of scan, memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-can-hardly-log-in.129603/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,
Recently i suffer from BSOD on a daily basis. I can't put any finger on the reason, cause i see no rule. I suspect Outlook 2003 or AVG.
I have attached the the dump file. I dont know how to read it.
Please advise.
regards,
Tany

A:BSOD on XP SP3

What hardware or software did you install just prior to getting bsods?

Your current minidump shows "Stop 0xBE"

Which indicates that a driver attempted to write to read-only memory.

Possible Resolutions:

? A Stop 0xBE message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.Click to expand...

Since you suspect AVG and since others have reported issues with AVG8, you may wish to try (Free products, available here)
Avira ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/41-antivir-personal-edition.html
or Avast ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/223-avast-home-edition.html

Because of reported security issues, I do not use Outlook, so others will need to assist you there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-xp-sp3.129345/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello... I'm new here.

I was using my laptop and there were updates. So I installed them before shutting down... but after I checked up on it again, there was a BSOD. The error was Stop Error 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Somebody help me please. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747.

Thank you

A:Toshiba Laptop BSOD

Re: 0x50 errors

Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

? If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

? Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.Click to expand...

Can you boot to safe mode? (f8 after power up - and after bios password if enabled).
From safe mode, right click on my computer, click on properties, click on "hardware" tab, click on "device manager" button.
Check for yellow or red flags... roll back drivers these drivers if possible.

I would like for you to check for memory errors as well...
Use Memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Since these errors can have many causes...
I would like for you also to go to the Virus and Malware board, and follow carefully the 8 steps.
See here http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Until we can get a stable system for you, you may need to download the tools to another computer, and then burn them to a cd for use on the Toshiba.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-bsod.129164/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi

When I try to use winrar to unrar a compressed file or something like that, it appears de blue screen and I hear the sound of the hard disk powering down I think (it's the same noise that the hard drive makes when I turn off my computer)

This problem started few days ago when I installed Jdownloader but I don't thing that the problem is related to it.

History: a year ago I got 2 hard drives in raid 1 mode and they failed but the disks are ok. I think that failed the motherboard's raid controller or disk controller. I've got the same mother with a diferent hard disk for a year ago.

Please help!

thanks
August

A:Bsod, Kernel Stack Input Error

Sounds like a memory problem... Test the system memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel-stack-input-error.129257/
Relevancy 14.62%

i am having a little bit of an inconvenience with this pesky bsod error message it reads hardware malfunction call your hardware vendor for support NMI Parity check memory parity error the system has halted i have been skimming through forum threads from around of people having a similar problem but they all had dells and it occurred mostly in laptops i have got a heavily modded hp d small form factor desktop in fact the malfunction error hardware Bsod only thing i have that has anything to do with dell is my two monitors and a little CAT wired network Bsod hardware malfunction error pci adapter i installed a gig of ddr Kingston ram a agp video card and that dell net adapter all at the same time the problem started happening like a couple of weeks after that the old thread that i found is pages long and i haven t had time to read the whole thing i think it is that netcard but i dont want to open up my case take it out and the problem still occur so i wanted to know if anyone knew whether it is or isn t the problem b c like i said i upgraded other stuff at the same time thanks zach nbsp

A:Bsod hardware malfunction error

The parity check error is a likely pointer to defective (or poorly seated) memory,
Please run memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Note that memtest should be allowed to run a minimum of 7 full passes. Each pass has eight tests of inclreasing complexity. This means that it will run a while. Allowing it to run overnight should give it enough time. Since it runs from its own environment, windows bsod will not be a problem. Any errors means you have one or more defective memory modules. If you find errors, you may wish to run Memtest on each module. If you bought the memory as a kit, you will likely need to RMA both modules.

Please also include some of your minidumps as attachments to your next post.
The name and model of your MB would also help. Some MB's are notoriously touchy about the ram that you use. If your Kingston ram is not on the MB maker's list for your board, this may be the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-hardware-malfunction-error.129155/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,

I've been playing EVE online on my HP510 fine for several months when all of a sudden I am getting a blue screen with reference to Page in non paged area - further down the screen it mentions ialmdev5.dll. The machine uses a Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML Express Chipset for it's graphics and has worked fine the last couple of months.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the HP site site, and have run 3x different memory test programmes - none of which found an error since I understand there can be RAM issues which cause this.

I am a little confused what could suddenly stp the thig from working - there was no patch and I have not installed new software,

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do now - any ideas or help?

A:BSOD - possible graphics problem?

ialmdev5.dll is an intel chipset driver. Go to HP's support site under your computers model and download and install the Intel Chipset drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-possible-graphics-problem.128495/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey people Now i know theres probably alot of threads on this topic already but this problem is a Just sick bsod problem - this ATI of about little different to what people have been describing I just helped my friend build his computer and i recommended all the pieces and put it all together installed everything etc Anyway about - minutes into a game it ll crash to the bsod Here s the interesting bit I used to have an ati card myself and it would do the exact same thing with every game i played My friends on the other hand so far its only doing it on NFS - Undercover and the latest Prince of Persia My hypothesis is the game loads into the ram but somehow or another the ati drivers do something crazy and stop unused data from being discarded Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod out of the ram so it fills up the ram Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod then the pagefile then crashes to bsod Thats my theory If anyone has any idea of what Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod the hell is going on here it ll be greatly appreciated Here s his pc s specs case - nzxt tempest psu - antec truepower quattro w mobo - asus m a deluxe cpu - amd phenom am ghz ram - corsair ddr x gb mhz model no AL-TWIN X - C DF graphics - gigabyte hd hhd - seagate barracuda tb os - windows vista ultimate x sp I came to that hypothesis because when i had my ati card depending on the amount of ram the game used greatly factored how long it would take to crash to bsod I ve been looking around and so far i ve found these theories of how to fix it ati drivers werent tested properly on -bit vista the latest CCC drivers screw up big-time its dodgy memory There s alot more i could list but they re just a load of crap i m pretty damn sure its not the memory since we played crysis warhead on it for hours straight It could be the CCC but i dont think it is if it was i think it d be more of a driver problem then anything else which means uninstalling CCC won t make a difference I m really thinking it s a vista -bit problem but i cant find out until he brings the comptuer back over to my house So does anyone think they know whats going on here I m not a junior in computer repair i ve built and repaired plenty of laptops and computers to know what i m doing but i ve never needed to use a debug program so i might need some insight into how to do that if anyone needs a debug report or whatever Again thanks nbsp

A:Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod

Try updating the ASUS motherboards bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-about-sick-of-this-problem-ati-bsod.128178/
Relevancy 14.62%

After fitting 8gb of crucial ram in my pc, i went back to crucials website to try out the memory scanner tool just out of curiosity. As soon as i try to run it it gives me an instant BSOD!! This happens on my brothers pc also. He has 8gb of diffrent brand ram. Any one else have/had this problem?

Its not really a big issue, im just curious.

A:Crucial memory scanner BSOD

Does this really matter? If everthing else works ok...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crucial-memory-scanner-bsod.128140/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey guys...

i hope you guys can help me....i'm really having a hard time figuring out why pc goes blue screen of death whenever i play with garena(gg client)....when i had vista...it always crashes(bsod) even on 1v1!!!!i switched to xp and it still crashes 6 out of 10 times.....but when i play on my own...it doesnt bsod... the worst thing it can do is shut the program....only happens rarely.....

i have a laptop computer with:

T2050 1.6 ghz
2gb ram
intel gma 950

i hope you guys can help me with my problem.....thanks!!!

A:BSOD on warcraft dota?

The laptop may be overheating...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-warcraft-dota.128090/
Relevancy 15.05%

Wondering if anyone can help figure out why I'm getting this error.
Stop 0x0000008E(0x00000092,0xA65CDFEC,0xBA4D3BC8,0x00000000)
CHDAU32.sys Address A65CDFEC base at A65BD000
DATE STAMP 4851C198
My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 model 2765T6U. I purchased it in January of this year and I'm upset that there is already a major error.

Other specs: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @2.26Ghz with Intel Turbo Memory (2GB)
Cache Memory L2 Cache 3MB
Ram: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066mhz PC2-8500
HD 160GB 7200 rpm
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470

Since it was just purchased there have been no hardware changes. Thanks for the help.

A:Help with BSOD

Read: All about Minidumps and diagnosing them

Please check: Start-> Run-> C:\Windows\Minidump
For any Minidumps to Attach

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-bsod.127861/
Relevancy 15.05%

Got BSOD with xcfe.sys address 93606F02 base at 93605000 datestamp 4899d276.

I am currently not able to get computer to post at all no other issues before hand

7750 Kuma
780g FullHD ASROCK
4670 Radeon
4GB (2X2GB) OCZ Ram
Vista Ultimate

A:Xcfe.sys BSOD

No idea what that is. Is the CPU fan running and can you hear the hard drive spinning? Remove all peripherals inside the computer (if it's not a laptop) then put them in one at a time, turning off the computer before installing the next peripheral, then on again etc. If the computer works without one of the devices then you found the culprit. Do the same with the RAM if you have more than one module. Could be a number of things. Also test the power supply with a multimeter or power supply tester. Let us know?!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xcfe-sys-bsod.127588/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I got a new Inspiron laptop just a couple of days ago Its a T C D Ghz processor intel chipset with integrated graphics gb ram I had to reinstall vista after it went into Multiple BSOD a continuous loop - configuring updates shutting down confiiguring updates - after some windows updates None of the windows startup repair options worked Now after the reintall I am getting a lot of BSODs errors shown are IRQL Multiple BSOD NOT LESS OR EQUAL MEMORY MANAGEMENT REGISTRY ERROR and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA most common being memory mgmt chkdsk shows no errors the memory test in the startup repair shows hardware errors with a msg that I need to contact the manufacturer Have updated all drivers and the bios but all that has changed is that the number of bsod instances have reduced from per hr to or Also in several instances the BSOD is preceded by services such as RPC Bluetooth wireless shutting down with the event viewer showing registry is corrupted Not sure what the problem is though have a feeling its something to do with a faulty RAM nbsp

A:Multiple BSOD

If you want to test your RAM use memtest:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bsod.124531/
Relevancy 15.05%

Im working on my friends computer and it keeps crashing Specs MSI MS- Ver Intel Celeron Ghz MB Kingston PC New nVidia GeForce Mb AGP x GB Hitachi Hard Drive Sony DVD CD Burner watt Thermaltake PSU At first the on-board VGA stopped working I replaced it with a even reformat BSOD after Random AGP card and it worked fine for a month before it started having problems The original of the original ram sticks in bank stopped working Kept getting random BSOD s so I tossed the old Random BSOD even after reformat ram and left in the new Kingston stick Installed the new stick and it still BSOD s randomly They were very random but I got one written down x E xC x xB x IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I thought Ram So I ran the stick on both DIMM slots with memtest multiple times and it found NO errors CPU temp oC at idle Random BSOD even after reformat cleaned heatsink applied AS still BSOD Next I broke the system down to the basics PSU CPU RAM Video card HD CD drive STILL BSOD Next I swapped out the PSU still BSOD Test hard drive with HDAT Hitachi drive fitness passed Reformat HD and reinstall Xp Pro not loading any Mobo drivers still BSOD Installed Mobo drivers minus nVidia drivers still BSOD Removed front panel USB connectors Swapped HD full format reinstall OS still BSOD Swapped Video card still BSOD BIOS is up to date only add-in card is the Video card I am at a loss spending wayy too much time on this thing Any help would be appreciated I know mini-dump files would be some help but I just re-formatted the HD again and havent reloaded the OS yet and im beat for now The only things I havent crossed out are the CPU and Mobo Are there any DOS based programs that I can use to test it The only boot disk I have ATM is Hirens Im guessing the Mobo may have crapped out especially since the on-board Video broke The on-board LAN works intermittently The system was built by another dude two years ago I dont see any damge on the Mobo Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Random BSOD even after reformat

Sounds like the Chipset is knackered to be honest, it seems to be having problems across the entire spectrum, so I'd say it's the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-even-after-reformat.126725/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all well i m hoping you guys can help I have recently purchased a new system i GTX and Msi Pro mobo with some ram of course I m getting random BSODs From what I can tell anyway I performed the memtest thingy all night last night with no errors I first installed XP sp on it and started getting BSOD randomly so I installed help new i7 Pro BSOD GTX260 MSI Windows bit which I have on it now however the same thing is BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help happening I m usually quite good with these BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help things but this time i need help I ve done the searches on the net but to no avail I dont know where to go next I m considering buying a test vid card for bucks just so see if it still happens with it installed but dont really want to Oh some specs Inno d GTX drivers - not oc d Corsair HX psu i - stock speed not OC d in any way MSI pro x -latest Bios crappy kingston gb ram all they had at the time Win Bit - fresh install build x WD Gb hdds in Raid Antec case As far as I can tell the ram is ok I ve tried changing the pci slot that the vid card is in but same thing Latest nvidia drvs for Win bit Hope to hear from you all soon nbsp

A:BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help

hi wolf

Please upload your minidumps so we can have them analysed.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-new-i7-gtx260-msi-pro-help.126116/
Relevancy 15.05%

I keep getting BSODs with either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Ive have attached two of the latest minidumps

A:BSOD - PAGE_FAULT and DRIVER_IRQL

System specs including OS & SP would help. I am looking at a dump right now, assuming XP sp3
Your error on the second dump was 0x50 ...
But the Widbg report points to Vista... so you are not running XP...
I suspect this information is still valid.

This kind of error is usually associated with a memory problem.
Download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org
Let it run for at least seven passes and see what it comes up with.
There are 8 tests per pass, and it will take a while...
If you start getting errors, you can stop, and remove one stick ... test the sticks one at a time to isolate the issue.
If your memory comes up clean, we can explore other options, but this is the likely place to start.

From MS

These errors may be caused by one or more of the following:

* Hardware failure (memory, processor, or motherboard).
* Anti-virus software that is running on your computer.
* Drivers installed by third-party software.

RESOLUTION
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following: Replace the f...
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following:

* Replace the faulty hardware. You may be able to determine the faulty hardware by running diagnostics provided by the manufacturer. Please contact the hardware manufacturer for more information.
* Disable any anti-virus software that is running on your computer. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the anti-virus software manufacturer about a possible upgrade.
* Disable any third-party drivers that may be running. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the third-party manufacturer about a possible upgrade.Click to expand...

Your first dump showed a different error.... 0xD1 error and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers/buggy software.
the analysis points to ntoskrnl.exe which is too general to help. In another case, video drivers were at issue...

Questions...
Are your video drivers updated?
Did your issues begin after starting some new activity? (like a new Game perhaps?)
Since both errors (0x50 and 0xD1) can point at drivers, this might be the place to start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page_fault-and-driver_irql.126443/
Relevancy 15.05%

This is a problem I ve been having for some months now I ve tried to troubleshoot my entire computer from day one and I ve gotten rid of lots of different problems One problem remains wont BSOD after PC boot though Some times often during the night or other times where I m AFK for a longer period of time - hours maybe shorter I get an ugly BSOD on my screen After this BSOD my computer wont boot In order to make the computer boot up I have to manually flash the BIOS something that gets very annoying in the long run What happens is I shut it down removing the BSOD I then turn it back on but no components are responding The screen is black gets no signal the keyboard has no signal the num- and capslock lights doesn t respond and the mouse s lazer is off I can t hear the HDD working either Has anyone got any idea what is going on PC wont boot after BSOD The BSOD BCCode returned is as follows BCCode c BCP C E BCP C BCP B BCP OSVer SP Product The quot BCCode C quot error is not familiar to me I can t even figure out what it is using Google so I guess this is sort of a last resort I would also like to know what Product is This product ID has appeared on every BSOD error I have gotten so that would probably help out a lot I hope some of you can help it would be greatly appreciated Specs Corsair Powersupply W Black ATX EPS MSI P Platinum Corsair Dominator TWIN X C D MB Intel Core Duo E GHz HIS Radeon HD MB IceQ nbsp

A:PC wont boot after BSOD

"I have to manually flash the BIOS"...

Do you actually mean "reset" the bios?

Does the computer keep the correct time when it is running? The CMOS battery may be dead or the motherboard is defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-after-bsod.126362/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey everyone i just bought a HP Pavillion Elite PC After a few minutes computer freezing on brand problems gs new 9500 Geforce of running games they freeze and i get a blue screen where there is a load of writing i dont understand or else it will just freeze and my monitor wont pick up a signal On occasions of the second instance i have to actually plug out the machine from the socket It is days old Always had the problem Also when there is a freeze and shutdown i can temporarily see that objects and effects Geforce 9500 gs freezing problems on brand new computer are surrounded by little purple dots While playing med total war on occasion there would be weird triangular shapes appearing also Motherboard - Intel G g G P P chipset intel IR ich r southbridge Graphic interface -ehhh Windows Vista is that what your looking for Memory - gb ram CPU -Intel core QUAD q Geforce 9500 gs freezing problems on brand new computer CPU Speed - Ghz but there is cores Power Supply Make Model - this info is hard for me to get very poor experience with actually opening case plus its brand new and i dont want to risk anything A point to note though The power supply should be enough to power my machine if have not added anything to it This machine has been mass produced Watt output Amperage- sorry but i dont know where to get this info hopefully not a problem Graphics Card- Nvidia GS I have latest drivers Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Geforce 9500 gs freezing problems on brand new computer

Take it back to who you bought it from and have them fix or replace it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9500-gs-freezing-problems-on-brand-new-computer.115889/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi all Recently i have been having problems with my geforce gt agp video card In games mostly ut k after a while the computer will freeze for about seconds then crash with a bsod saying that my video bsod loop 6600gt with Infinite driver was caught in an Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt infinite loop I am using driver version These drivers use to work perfectly with this card I have been using them for months and had no problems until recently I heard that these are the best drivers for this card I tried reinstalling the video drivers which worked for about an hour but then it crashed again After uninstalling the drivers i made sure every trace of the old install was gone by using driver cleaner pro so the drivers shouldn t be corrupt or conflicting with something Ive also tried other driver versions but they had the same issues The card does not seem to be overheating At the time it crashed the temp measured degrees Could this be an issue with my video card Could it have something wrong with it Or am i overlooking something here Thanks Nissanman nbsp

A:Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt

If you've already tried Driver Cleaner Pro, perhaps giving Driver Sweeper a try might produce better results. It's a very similar program, but I've used it many times and I've found, on some occasions, it to work a little better than Cleaner. Have you recently patched the game or downloaded any additional content for it. Have you tried reinstalling the game? 66 degrees is a little toasty, but it shouldn't crash the card unless the thermal is starting to lose its heat dissipation. You could always reapply some thermal compound, like Arctic Silver, to the core and see what happens. If you have the fan running at stock speeds, you can download RivaTuner to adjust it during games. Usually, a game will start to lag a bit, there may be some artifacts, and then it will quit if the video card is overheating. A BSOD is usually the product of misconfigured or incompatible software (i.e. the display driver). In your case, it's the configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop-bsod-with-6600gt.124560/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a problem with a pretty old sistem: spontaneous restarts and BSODs.
I formatted and reinstalled the OS,
I tested the RAM with MEMTEST86(no problem),
I tested the HARD DISK(no problem),
I changed the IDE cable,
I changed the power supply(500w),
I changed the Video and the problem persists.

my sistem :
- amd sempron 1800+
- 512 MB RAM pc3200
- asus a7n8x
- nvidia nforce fx5200
- dvdrw teac
- hdd western digital 200gb

I forgot to mention that sometimes i receive the message :"Warning!cpu overspeed!" when BIOS performs the "system inventory" and sometimes my cpu figures "1150Mhz", altough sometimes my cpu figures "1800+".

I hope you can help me with some advices.Sorry for my bad english.

A:Bsod, restarts - please help

Your motherboard is old. It might have some bulging capacitors around the CPU. Be prepared to buy a new motherboard, CPU, video card and memory... Or save for an entirely new computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-restarts-please-help.125768/
Relevancy 14.62%

I can t seem to get my cpu past ghz without getting bsod right after the windows loading screen Is it just my rigs limit or is there any way to get it past ghz My specs are motherboard ga-m sli-s rev cpu amd athlon windsor ram becuase wintec is a quot registered dealer of aeneon memory quot i have gb sticks of wintec ampx ddr and gb sticks of aeneon ddr that say wintec ampx on them psu bfg tech LS- os windows vista bit home basic oem The multiplier is at and I cannot get the cpu or is it really the fsb but my bios says cpu past without a crash at the windows loading screen and I have tried changing the cpu voltage a little but not the memory voltage My temperature never gets past c with the cpu or is it the fsb at during stability tests I noticed in easy tune it says that my ram has been overclocked as well is that why its been crashing Here is a picture of my bios overclocking options http i photobucket com albums oo giganotasaurus bios overclocking jpg nbsp

A:Can't get CPU past 3ghz without bsod after windows loading screen

You might be able to get to higher speeds by pushing the CPU voltage, but that would make it run hotter. Core temperature scales in a linear fashion as core speed in MHz is increased, but core temperature scales geometrically when voltage is increased. In addition to higher temps, voltage increases reduce the life of the CPU. So basically I'm saying bump the voltage (at your own risk).

Make sure you're not FSB or memory limited by putting the CPU multiplier as high as it goes and the memory at the lowest possible speed. Put memory voltage to ~2.1v. I don't remember much about overclocking AMDs besides that basic kind of stuff.

According to The Overclocking World Record Database, the world record for Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor core is 4151.4 MHz with a 1.68v core voltage. Setting your CPU to this sort of voltage is likely dangerous, but I'm just throwing that out there for you to show that 3 GHz is not the limit of these CPUs. Your particular chip might not clock any higher though so don't get excited

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-cpu-past-3ghz-without-bsod-after-windows-loading-screen.125423/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi Just got home hrs ago with my new ChilliGreen TB USB HDD Everything looked perfect I just plugged it in in installed itself I didn t even have to create a partition it 2TB, crashing ChilliGreen new brand keeps was already made so yeah I start copying my files immediately but the damn thing keeps crashing every time it crashes I hear that sound windows XP makes when you disconnect a USB device and seconds later it reconnects again and it works again for a random amount of time the shop says this is a problem on my PC but I don t know how I ChilliGreen 2TB, brand new keeps crashing clicked the Optimize for ChilliGreen 2TB, brand new keeps crashing stability the option in windows button as well but nothing good happened what else can I do P S I have USB drives non of them have this issue tried plugging the drive into and USB into USB and even an USB HUB but no matter what I do the result is the same P S The drive does not have drivers officially it just installed with something from Microsoft it s my only drive that does not specify a name it s just External Drive USB Device official drivers do not exist could this be the source of the problem nbsp

A:ChilliGreen 2TB, brand new keeps crashing

I'd try the drive on one of the back panel USB connections on your computer. Try a different USB cable too, obviously Windows thinks the drive is being disconnected even if it isn't.

I can think of a few reasons this could happen:
1. You are disconnecting the drive (unlikely).
2. Your drive is pulling more power than the USB Port can provide. (Unlikely for a drive of that size at this time since its using 3.5" hds which require a separate power source, unlike 2.5" externals which may pull power from the USB Port itself).
3. Faulty USB cable (also pretty unlikely).

If you can't fix it by a new cable or ensuring the drive is running off external power (can you hear it spinning down at any point?). Then take it back to the shop and make them make it work with one of their machines.

All 3 of my scenarios seem pretty unlikely, so there may be something else wrong, but I can't think of what.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chilligreen-2tb-brand-new-keeps-crashing.125320/
Relevancy 15.05%

Here s my problem a couple of weeks ago I started getting the BSOD with the most frequent message of quot Beginning physical memory dump quot Eventually I formatted and reinstalled windows still no success I ve updated drivers added registry scanners But no matter what (BSOD) Assistance appreciated I do the system gets worse I thought maybe it was because of a conflict with something I got from windows update But I m not tech savvy enough to diagnose and fix it I ve attached my PC stats from everest and I ve zipped and attached my minidumps If anyone could help me fix this it would make my day Also here are the logs from my event viewer I only have the ones since I reformatted Please let me know if you need more (BSOD) Assistance appreciated info EDIT Okay there is a forum for BSOD errors any chance a mod could move this thread I tried reloading the winzip (BSOD) Assistance appreciated file for some reason its not going through nbsp

A:(BSOD) Assistance appreciated

Sounds like unstable hardware, probably a power supply issue. Do you have another power supply that you can try?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-assistance-appreciated.125312/
Relevancy 14.62%

Just bought a new pc and a seperate copy of windows vista ultimate. I inserted the disk and I got to the screen that said "loading windows files" then after this it went black for a second the blue screen of death appeared.The first part of the error code was 0.0000007F and the rest were 0's. Anybody had this or know what it could mean? Here are the build

G31-M7 TE motherboard
intel quad-core 6600 processor
4GB ram
geforce 9800GT
1TB sata hard drive

A:BSOD on boot installing vista on new pc

When I read your issue I thought to myself, "That sounds like a memory issue." Here is the code and definition:

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Try this: Take out one stick of RAM at a time and try to load it. Any BSODs?

Do this: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html The good thing about this test is it engages almost immediately as you boot-up.

It could be your harddrive as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-boot-installing-vista-on-new-pc.125316/
Relevancy 14.62%

I get this BSOD

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : B941DF72 BCP3 : B404EBE0
BCP4 : B404E8DC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I downloaded new drivers, disable specs on the CPU (e8500) as recommended, but 3d game crash out regularly after about 30 mins or so.

Asus p5n-d is a bit of a dodgy MOBO but I tried everything that has been recommended including bios flashes, memory check, cpu heat checks and rectifying the correct nforce 750i drivers...latest windows updates...etc...

What is the crash? hardware or software? I have a Proline 500w psu and also run a single xfx geforce 9800gt, Intel core 2 duo e8500 wolfdale, Kingston ddr2 667 mem, 200 gig sata seagate hardrive and a cathode ray 17" monitor.

any clues ideas, other than a sledge hammer. Your help will be appreciated.

A:BSOD BCCode : 1000007e random crashes from what?

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

As you can tell the causes of this error are very diverse which makes it a difficult one, sometimes, to pin down. For clarification, are your BSODs only while doing 3d gaming? What about video card heat checks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-bccode-1000007e-random-crashes-from-what.125137/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was on my desktop gaming as usual when a lovely BSOD flashed on my screen just quickly enough for me to not be able to read anything it said and then my computer restarted. After it restarted none of my hard drives show up in my bios and i cant get past the loadup screen seeing as how there is no windows showing up. I have 3 internal drives and 1 external that no longer show up in my Bios. I don't think that all 4 could have simultaneously failed and on top of that they are all relatively new. PLEASE someone help me, I have a project to finish before tomorrow

A:No hard drives after BSOD - help

Reset the motherboard's bios...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hard-drives-after-bsod-help.124986/
Relevancy 14.62%

All right here goes About six HD ATI AGP 2600 Diamond Radeon Pro BSOD months ago I installed a new graphics card ATI Radeon HD Pro AGP from Diamond Multimedia in my aging Dell Dimension along with some new RAM GB After some initial difficulties with the Blue Screen of Death I was able to get it to work simply it stopped But now they re back and worse than ever The most recent one was titled quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot and cited the file quot ntfs sys quot Also my computer is running a bit slower and quot Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD My Computer quot refuses to open no error just nothing happens when I double click on it I ve tried reinstalling the drivers that came on the CD there are none online I ve checked and I ve gotten it to work but it still gives me the BSOD seemingly without reason The errors have been happening more frequently as time goes on and seemingly without reason Even as I am typing this another one has occurred as I attempted to login Another quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot I ll attach the minidumps as soon as I can get into My Computer I m about ready to boot into safe mode Thanks I m kind of desperate Arcelios nbsp

A:Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD

I almost forgot; I keep getting a message saying that some of my registry data had to be recovered from a backup copy, and that the recovery was successful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diamond-ati-radeon-hd-2600-pro-agp-bsod.124422/
Relevancy 14.62%

Specs Intel Core Duo E Processor BX E - GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Wolfdale Dual-Core Retail Socket Processor with Fan MPN BX E and 9800 with reboot Nvidia BSOD Crash 1GB GX2 XFX nForce i -Way SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce i Socket ATX Audio PCI Express Dual Gigabit LAN S PDIF USB Firewire Serial ATA RAID MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB MB-N -ISH XFX GeForce GX Video Card - Extreme Edition FREE Call Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB of Duty PC Game GB DDR PCI Express SLI Ready Dual Link Dual DVI HDMI MPN PVT UZHEU Corsair Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB MPN TWIN X - C DHX Seagate Barracuda TB Hard Drive - RPM MB SATA- OEM MPN ST AS SY Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply - ATX SATA-Ready SLI-Ready mm Fan MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB ULT-LSP Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP OEM Version MPN E - A The Problem I knew better the last time I opened Nvidia Control panel Performance I got this same problem But I have updated the drivers since then and now it seems worse I just opened up the performance tab I didn t even get to see the settings load before it crashed I get a quick BSOD flash and then a reboot It reboots back up without any problems then within a few minutes it reboots again I have started in safe mode with network enabled and it hasn t given me any problems I am not sure what I did last time to fix the problem I just remembered I shouldn t go anywhere near the performance settings Just like this time simply clicking on the tab to view the settings crashed the computer But last time the crash only happened when I clicked that tab Now it seems to crash within a few minutes after restarting the computer I can get in and open a program but it crashes pretty quick I have attached the DXDiag report that i just ran from safe mode I can provide any other info you need to help me get this fixed I would say I am an expert user This is probably the th computer i have built from parts It runs so well as long as this stupid thing isn t messing it up Sometimes i get a few green artifacts when running games L D HL Crysis FarCry COD It doesn t affect the game play but they are noticeable This system runs all of those games on max settings at x except Crysis If you have any ideas please help me out I need my computer back Update add screen freezing to the list of problems It will either freeze or restart I have tried to uninstall all the nvidia stuff in safe mode but I keep getting quot Failed to complete installation Install quot I cant uninstall the nvidia stuff so every time i restart it keeps rebooting GAH nbsp

A:Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB

*update* fixed!

*UPDATE* FIXED!
I started it up today(in safe mode), and in my frustration with not being able to uninstall the nvidia apps, i just deleted all the nvidia folders in my programs. then when i started up in normal mode it was stable. I was able to finish officially uninstalling the rest of the nvidia components and then i did a full reinstall of the drivers and software. so far so good! Thanks for your ideas!
-Nate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-reboot-and-bsod-with-nvidia-9800-gx2-1gb.124255/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey, first-timer here.

Overnight my laptop was left to update itself as usuall, but when I got to it this morning I found it repeatedly flashing a BSOD with the error:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I have attempted countless boots into safe mode, all throw the same BSOD at me.
My machine is an HP Pavillion ze4900 model laptop running WinXP Home (well.. was).

I've tried a some "common remedies" but none seems to be effective at all..
Does anyone have an idea on how to recover from this, or is my laptop to hence-forth be known as a brick.

(If any solutions involve removing the HDD, you will need to explain in detail as I have not seen anything obvious on the underside)

Many thanks!

A:BSOD - Unmountable_Boot_volume

Please run CheckDisk from your Windows XP Home CD
Info here ("From Boot Up") http://www.techspot.com/vb/post694184-133.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-unmountable_boot_volume.124222/
Relevancy 14.19%

Having a really annoying problem with my sound driver (ha20x22k.sys) in Windows XP lately, keeps reoccurring more frequently now it seems. I will be listening to music and at the end of a random track, the system will freeze for a split second and then go to a bsod w/ the following information:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

****STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x9D3AA47F)

*ha20x22k.sys address stamp 9D3AA47F

The sound card is a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. I do not believe the card itself is to blame for I am running the latest drivers and it works fine under Windows 7. Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. I've attached the corresponding minidump. Thanks in advance!

A:Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

Long shot but try this:

Rename: c:\windows\system32\adi_oal.dll to adi_oal.OLD
Also disable any onboard sound in Bios Setup

Please let me know if it fixed the fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-driver-causing-bsod-stop-info-minidump.123835/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was in the middle of checking my email when I got the BSOD. I powered down the computer and waited 30 seconds. When I went to power it up, the HDD LED came ON steady, all fans were running, but nothing happened. I tried another memory stick and the same thing. I tried another hard drive, still nothing. Tried resetting my Bios and nothing. Any hints here as to what else I can try? This is my old computer with a K7 mobo (Dragon Soyo Plus), AMD 1900+, 1 GB PC2100, 80GB HDD and MX4000 GeForce DDR 128MB video card. Thanks.

A:Computer quit with BSOD

Hi gilloz,

Have you tried disconnecting all externals except keyboard, mouse and monitor?

Cheers,

Taff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-quit-with-bsod.123515/
Relevancy 14.62%

Well my system specs are in my profile but I'll put them here for simplicity sake as well.
Asus P5N-T Deluxe
Q6600 @ 3.0 Vcore 1.20v
2 x 2GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ 1066
2 x 8800GT stock
Razer Barracuda AC-1
750watt Corsair PSU
3 HDDs and DVD drive

Okay before you go and say its my overclocked CPU its been oced for months now and the problem has only recently just started. It usually happens when I'm playing a game of some sort but at random times, I played CSS for a good 3 hours then it reboot, other time less than an hour. It has happened most recently when I booted up FEAR 2 and I was was tweaking the games settings, after I had it setup just right and clicked New Game, system reboots. Any thoughts?

A:System Reboots but no BSOD or Error message

Is the video card overheating? Open the case and make sure that all the fans (including video fan) are clean and working properly. I'll try overclocking my Q6600 when I install my new motherboard next week

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-reboots-but-no-bsod-or-error-message.123113/
Relevancy 14.62%

This may well be the longest story of a failing computer you ve ever seen It started well over half a year ago and my Dell Dimension has been giving and and switching subsequent RAID failure BSOD HD me agony ever since Excuse me about all the detail in this I am clueless as to what the problem is so I included everything My computer use to give me grief by going to the dreaded BSOD on random occasions I was less computer literate at the time so I thought nothing of them A few months down the line an icon pops up and subsequently reappeared every other hour the HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure computer was on saying that there is a S M A R T event occurring on my Western Digital HD specs not important as you will see later I follow the icon to the Intel Storage Management system and it tells me that the HD is working fine I carry on gaming and general time wasting paying no attention to the S M A R T event the blue screens were still coming thick and fast My tolerance grew thin however and I started asking my computer-knowledgeable friends what on earth was going on - they simply said my computer was screwed and I had no chance in hell My computer also began to make a very disturbing noise it sounded like a loose fan case vibrating inside my computer so I simply blew into the fan vent at the right angle and intensity and the noise subsided for a few precious minutes pardon my ignorance What I didn t realise then that I have now is that the fan was part of the PSU no spec at hand sorry I decided to buy a new HD and see if the S M A R T events disappeared I bought a new SATA Hitachi HD rpm GB that seemed perfectly suitable my old WD HD was SATA also When I opened the computer and took out the old HD there were bubble-marks on the plastic cover - I presume that they were evidence of heat damage Ignoring this I did the following plugged the new HD into SATA port with my old one in SATA port turned it on in the BIOS booted the computer on USB CD Rom partitioned and formatted the new HD and installed Win XP I switched the old HD with the new HD so that the ports were now respectively and got the computer running After entering all the details to personalise the computer I tried to copy my old data across to my new HD I encountered a problem that caused copying to stop something about msfi line terminating - not the actual name but it had m but managed to get some important data across in small chunks as soon as I tried to copy it across in one go it got pissy I began to use the computer properly again for about or days when the BSODs came back again I decided hoping that it the easiest answer was the right one that I should remove the old HD I took it out sealed it in a plastic bag and turned it off in the BIOS I now have the new Hitachi HD in SATA port - hasn t been moved since the install I turn the computer on and it works a treat Few months down the line few days ago and I hit the series of random BSODs again This time the computer reboots and says that it has just recovered and I quote from a serious error I report it an option that came up and it comes up with a Microsoft website that says that there is a problem with my RAID controller Correct me if I m wrong but I thought that RAID was a configuration that dealt with multiple drives as a single drive I have one drive in there I followed a link to Intel Corporation website and tried to download the latest driver for the RAID controller It downloaded it tried to install but as soon as the bar hit a message pops up and says that my system doesn t meet the minimum system requirements after already entering Win XP as my OS I give up and decide to chill out after surfing for about mins I find that there is a Win XP service pack that I haven t downloaded I download it install it and everything is normal I say normal but what I mean is that five minutes later I am hit with another BSOD This time I uninstall the RAID controller reinstall and update the drivers all thr... Read more

A:HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

Try installing a new power supply before you give up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-switching-and-subsequent-raid-and-bsod-failure.122762/
Relevancy 29.24%

Just built a new computer ASUS m n -D mobo AMD Quad Core GB Corsair RAIM EVGA GTX Brand new off for itself powering 4-5 PC shuts after custom built seconds up graphics card NZXT Ultimate Cooling Chassis Took a GB harddrive out of my old computer a gateway It ran like a champ for approximately weeks Now it will not power up at all when I press the power button When I unplug the PSU or flip the off switch on the PSU and then plug it back it the computer immediately begins to try to power up without me even pressing the power button It will begin to power up for about seconds lights up Brand new custom built PC shuts itself off after powering up for 4-5 seconds CPU fan starts case fans start monitor lights up etc but then will immediately shut itself off At first I thought it might be the power button cord on the chassis and I fiddled with the connections on that and then I pressed the power button and it began to start Again however it shut itself down after a couple seconds After the first time messing with the power button connection the power button will not do anything ever The computer still attempts to start itself after being unplugged and plugged back in but always dies nbsp

A:Brand new custom built PC shuts itself off after powering up for 4-5 seconds

Do two things, updated your specs in your profile and lookin in your case, tell us what psu you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-custom-built-pc-shuts-itself-off-after-powering-up-for-4-5-seconds.121358/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-brand-pc-recovery-problems-solved.121467/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey all i just received my new bfg gtx and whenever i try to run games like cod it would just freeze right when i connect to GTX New bsod + 280 freezing a server like New GTX 280 bsod + freezing i can see half the map and the sky is black also whenever i try to run mirrors edge i would get a bsod something along the lines of quot flash graphics drivers quot or something i didnt have enough time to really read all of it because it would just restart after about seconds i never had this problem before with my old graphics card which was a gts i have checked the gpu temperature and when it freezes it is only around - degrees Celsius counter strike is the only game that runs on this right now which i find kind of odd everything else works fine on this except the other games for some reason i can play hd movies surf the web etc with no problems whatsoever i have tried a clean uninstall reinstall of the driver for the card with the most recent driver now i am really stumped ive checked all my connections and i have taken the card out and reput it back in to see what would happen but the same problem occurred my current specs are as listed vista ultimate bit quad core gigabyte New GTX 280 bsod + freezing ga-ep -ud p board gb ocz reaper w corsair p s bfg gtx oc edition no overclocking in any way if you guys could throw some advice help at New GTX 280 bsod + freezing me i would greatly appreciate it thanks nbsp

A:New GTX 280 bsod + freezing

first i would make sure the video card is getting enough power do you know how many amps you have on your 12v rail? also the card is pre overclocked you can get something like evga precision and take the clocks back to normal and see if that helps, but in my opinion it isnt getting enough power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gtx-280-bsod-freezing.120774/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello I m having a hard time with this brand new PC and can t figure out what is wrong I have tried the following games Shayia WolfET Fallout Far Cry All of them crash after min to hour of gameplay I get a blue screen that flickers then my pc reboots I tried WinXp b and WinXp sp still the same results I tried with the drivers that came with my system didnt fix the problem so tried with the ones on the manufacturer s hour crashes PC New after Brand to 1 10min gaming websites for all hardware Brand New PC crashes after 10min to 1 hour gaming didnt work any better Here is my gear CPU Intel Core Duo E G M S MOBO ASUS P Q It broke after days of games failing so I had the store give me a new one since they believed that was the problem RAM CORSAIR Mhz DDR NO-ECC M TWINX C Hard Drive G SATA SEAGATE Power supply Corsair W Video Card EVGA GTX M I use to understand everything that was happening with my old PC years old even changing blown up caps on it but this new computer with all the new technologies is overwhelming and after spending a good amount of cash I would like to be able to play a game Will wait your expert advice nbsp

A:Brand New PC crashes after 10min to 1 hour gaming

Take it back to the store and have them check it out. You might also have a defective video card or memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-pc-crashes-after-10min-to-1-hour-gaming.120070/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi. I'm new here, and to be honest I didn't read the rules or anything.
Sorry if it's not on the right board for this.

Got a new computer a week ago, and have been suffering of BSOD's daily.

I've been looking at the minidumps a bit and it looks like that dxgkrnl.sys is almost every time the bsod's cause.

And yes, I have googled it.

The bsod's occur only when I play GTA IV.

I'm no professional in hardware, so sorry for insufficient information.

I can provide you the minidumps in .zip if you need them, but here are my specs.
Sapphire Radeon HD4870X2 2GB GDDR5
Q9550 @ 2.83 (stock)
8gb DDR2 800mhz
P5QC
Some 600w power supply
Antec Sonata III

Hope I get this solved cause it's really getting on my nerves.

A:Suffering bsod's

Try re-installing DirectX...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suffering-bsods.120401/
Relevancy 30.1%

I've recently purchased an additional Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 320gb SATA HD to compliment my other Hitachi 80gb HD on my home build PC. I hooked it up and Vista didn't recognize the new drive. I went and manually set up the drive, and as soon as i put something on it, Vista gave me a (back up and replace drive) message. Any suggestions?

A:Brand new corrupt drive

format it first then use it. see if it gives u thaat error still. if that doesn't work u may be out of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-corrupt-drive.120120/
Relevancy 36.55%

ok so i got this hp pavilion ze5800, pretty good machine and i dont know what the bios password is, bios manufactured by phoenix i do know that much, can anyone tell me a way to retrieve the password or bypass it?

A:phoenix bios password hack or bypass or software to find it HELP!!

There is probably no easy way.

The passwords on laptops are designed to not be easily bypassed or reset.

I would take it back to the place you bought it and get your money back.

Wearing some oven gloves probably wouldn't hurt either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-password-hack-or-bypass-or-software-to-find-it-help.46323/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi everyone I just registered here because I saw new Brand :( PC crashing is some other thread and this place seems to Brand new PC is crashing :( have some really knowledgeable people O I really have nowhere else to turn with this I have a bad problem but I dont even know what is causing it so I dont know where to go and what to do so I m hoping people here may be able to help me or even point me in the right direction First my PC specs Intel Core Duo E Stock speeds Geforce GTX stock - both power leads plugged into it Gig of Corsair -C ram - - - two gig Seagate Barracuda SATA-II Corsair HX W PSU Gigabyte P DS Motherboard Revision SoundBlaster X-Fi Music edition Important Everything is at its stock speed Nothing has ever been overclocked Entire PC is one month old Windows XP Professional - Service pack --- Legit legal copy etc Latest Sound Video Bios drivers and latest Direct x c Problem I use the PC for work but I got some fancy hardware because I wanted to treat myself with being able to play modern games too I have about games Some are really PC taxing games like ES Oblivion and Flight Simulator X etc They all seem to work fine apart from The that struggle are taxing games too and pretty new Company of Heroes Hitman Blood Money Rainbow Las Vegas I can play the games but eventually they will crash Hitman - only on one of the last missons Las Vegas - only after playing for an hour and half have I seen the crash And Company of Heroes crashes A LOT The tutorial can t be done without crashing and the crash can occur minutes after starting I can also play on the biggest map for minutes and then it crashes I have played on the smallest maps though and won the battle and never saw a crash although the game only lasts about minutes I suppose All the crashes are exactly the same I get crazy colours on the screen with billions of dots and lines which kind of make a chequered pattern in square shapes about half an inch squared It is just a big psychadelic screen Sometimes the sound still continues for a moment and sometimes after a moment the sound will go into a loop Sometimes it will just stay like that for ages and I have to hit my reset button And usually it will restart my computer by itself Never will it just return me to Windows and never does it show me a blue screen Its crash and reboot basically Control alt delete etc will not work while the crash is happening too by the way ALSO sometimes when the PC restarts the screen doesn t come back on It stays in suspend mode I have to turn the PC off again and restart it and then the screen comes back on as normal Error report After booting back into XP after the crash I get a quot windows has encountered a critical error quot message and it asks me if I want to submit it to Microsoft If I view the error details myself this is what they said Error signature BCCode f BCP BCP BCP BCP OSVer SP Product And then if I click on the link for technical details of the error it says this c documents administrator locals temp WER dir Mini - dmp c documents administrator locals temp WER dir sysdata xml I think sometimes the error report is slightly different but that is just an example of my most recent error What I have tried Everything I have suspected all of my components so I have been on Corsair s forum about my RAM and on Creative s forum about the soundcard etc I tried running Company of Heroes with sound disabled and it ran much longer than usual but the crash still appeared I have also run it after disabling everything none microsoft related using MSCONFIG This was suggested on the Company of Heroes forum I have run a MemTest on my RAM and it ran for almost hours and had zero errors I have also run a quot Video Card Stress Test quot which I ran all night and was still going strong after about hours Only other thing I can mention My motherboard selects slow timings for my RAM by default It is meant to be - - - and initially defaults to - - - This is normal for this motherboard evidently It... Read more

A:Brand new PC is crashing :(

This has to be caused by the Nvidia Gforce drivers... You've covered everything else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-pc-is-crashing.69018/