Windows Support Forum

Can't add or remove keyboard input language

Q: Can't add or remove keyboard input language

Hello all. Some awful software has installed input language on my system during installation. Input language is not recognized and is shown as "???". When I try to open Keyboard settings to remove this language, windows error arises and system suggests using appropriate debugger. I want to remove this input language entry from registry, but was unable to locate appropriate registry key. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383575-cant-add-remove-keyboard-input-language.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't add or remove keyboard input language

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.9%

Hi there
if you add an input method by mistake you CANNOT it seems remove it again.

The remove button is greyed out. This applies to Windows 8.1 not W8.

Anybody know how to get rid of this.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Cannot remove language or keyboard input method (W8.1)

It probably will be grayed out until you add another input method.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35472-cannot-remove-language-keyboard-input-method-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi friend
I want to remove Persian language from " Add Input Language part". Bu I don't know how do it.
please help and guide me.

I have captured from it. My mean I want remove this part. Look at the picture

My version windows is Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thank you

A:How can I remove a language pack from Add Input Language part?

Why do you want to remove it ?

As long as it`s not installed, it`s not on the PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381848-how-can-i-remove-language-pack-add-input-language-part.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi.
I have read through this forum many threads
about other users having the same problem
with the keyboard changes input language on it's own.

I have tried the following:
- Scanning the system files for corrupt files (SFC /Scannow).
- Changed the default language everywhere to the same language.
- Turned off every automatic change and hot keys I could find.
- I shut downed, restarted and logged off the computer multiple times to test.
- I started other programs to check if they had any effect on the input language.

But, still it keeps changing by it's own.
The next day it is the same problem.
The computer did not show any language then used the next day.
I wonder if I can lock the language in place with Group Policies?
Has anyone tried Group Polices on this problem?

A:Keyboard input language keep changes

Hello Norway,

If you haven't already, double check to make sure that you have removed all other input languages except the one you want to use by default to see if that may help.

Keyboard Input Language - Add or Remove

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358251-keyboard-input-language-keep-changes.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi guys I have a French laptop so with a French keyboard and I am living in Japan now I have installed a Japanese keyboard and added Japanese as input language When I choose the right language keyboard I have no problem However I have noticed some troubles that I'm gonna language Keyboard and input try to explain by the example Keyboard and input language below My Keyboard and input language default Keyboard and input language language is French so when I start my laptop French language FR keyboard are automatically selected Let's say that I open my mail program to write an e-mail I have to write that e-mail in Japanese so I change my input language to JP with IME JP keyboard Then I open Libre office to write some document in Japanese But FR input language with FR keyboard are selected So I have to switch again to JP language Each time I open a new application software I have to select the keyboard I thought that if I choose language at session opening Win would automatically keep it along the session but it looks like it doesn't Is there any way to somehow quot block quot input language during a session I mean in a way that I don't need to quot manually quot change the language when I use my JP keyboard Thank you in advance

A:Keyboard and input language

Have you tried changing your default language?

If you have not, you could try it by following the steps below

Quote:
Start >> control panel >> in the search menu type "language" >> change keyboards and other input devices >> Keyboards and languages >> choose your new language format from the drop down menu near the top if you have already added your keyboard.

this is a rather easy solution IF it works. You could always go in and change it whenever you wish if you wanted to write a document in a different language.

hope this helps.

Scoobyd00

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264907-keyboard-input-language.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, I can't change my keyboard input language to Korean. I have followed the tutorial going into control panel > clock, language, and region > change keyboards or other input methods > keyboards and languages > change keyboards > add > and adding the Korean keyboard. I activate the langauge bar, and switch to Korean. Still, everywhere I type is still in the default English when I use Microsoft word or in internet explorer. What am I missing??? I have done all available updates up to this day. Thanks much for your help.

A:Keyboard Input Language Help

I figured it out. Instead of adding the Korean keyboard under Korean, add the Microsoft IME Keyboard under Korean instead. It then works perfectly.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/183306-keyboard-input-language-help.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi

A few days ago, my dad had actually tried (accidentally) to change the language to Hungarian and the Keyboard setting for it which means that the keys in my US keyboard won't be correct. The thing is, I've changed every setting back to US English, but the Hungarian one keeps going back (only the keyboard setting). So I have to go to that other administrator user to change it to US for me to type my password for the main user correctly. To be specific about the setting, it's in:
Control Panel -> Date, Time, Language and Regional Options -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages Tab -> Details... -> Settings Tab -> Installed services box ---- There, the Hungarian keyboard setting appears again when I reboot my computer.

Thanks,
djwe06

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi All,

I was given a laptop to clean up by someone at work and whilst typing some text I found that the keyboard was set to English (US). I went into the Regional Language Options in CP and changed the Regional Settings and Location to UK under the Languages -> Details menu I added UK English as default and removed the US option.

The problem is, everytime I close down the window, it resets back to US English! I go back into the setting and US English is displayed in the Languages->Details menu and UK has been removed!

Why could this be?

I have removed any viruses and threats, but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 79.98%

hello all,i can't modify the keyboard input language under windows 7,can someone help me please?and thanks in advance

A:keyboard input language problem

Try this.
Keyboard Layout - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319602-keyboard-input-language-problem.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Under Regional and Language Options, i've added couple of keyboards but now i can't remove them completely. they still appear in the list after i restart the system. any suggestion?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-remove-input-language-310388.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello!

Friend has Windows 8.1 32-bit, fully updated and when we were playing with installing another language we got this toolbar. I did everything I could in the Advanced settings under Language in the Control Panel and I am unable to remove it. Is it a bug? How do we get rid of this?

Thank you!

A:How to remove Change Input Language from the taskbar?

Anyone, please?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55509-how-remove-change-input-language-taskbar.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I recently sent my computer in for a replacement hard drive. They installed Chinese input in my language bar (I assume because it's a Taiwanese company). I have tried removing it from Regional and Language Settings, but even when it's not listed in the keyboards section, it keeps showing up in the language bar. Sometimes when I restart it disappears, and sometimes it reappears in the keyboards and the language bar. It's really obnoxious.

Additionally, I often use Japanese input in the language bar (so I don't want to just remove the language bar entirely), but when it's in Half-Width Alphanumeric (English character) mode, it still uses a Japanese keyboard layout (as in ' becomes :, ) becomes (, etc.) . Is there any way to fix this? I never had this problem in XP.

Thank you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chinese-language-input-will-not-uninstall-japanese-keyboard-weirdness.946159/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have some weird problem in Windows 8.

For some reason i can't remove ENG US Keyboard from language bar.

When i click 'Language preferences' i get this window

As you can see there is no ENG so that i can remove it! When i click on 'bosanski' options i get this:

As you can see there is no anywhere English so i can remove it. On Windows 7 i dont have this problem!

A:I can't remove ENG US Keyboard from language bar

Back out to language and then select Advanced settings on the left.
Select change language bar hotkeys and then, in the next window, click the "Language Bar"
There you can choose to hide it..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24895-i-cant-remove-eng-us-keyboard-language-bar.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi Sorry for the silly question but I am really lost with Windows Did a quick search but nothing came up Keyword will only result in how to set input in Win not the problem presented here Here is the issue The short version of the question order secondary Language Non-MS (Set input default) as issue? input is how do I move the display gibberish somehow boxed in red below input method above Microsoft Pinyin while keeping English as my default Display language and Input language Longer version here I use English and Chinese input but the default MS Chinese input is inconvenient so I installed another input software for Chinese input the gibberish above or lets call it method ABCD The order I want is English as my default Input method and display while ABCD as my default Chinese input when I hit Alt Shift should switch from English to ABCD However since I can't get ABCD above MS-PinYing when I Alt Shift it auto switch to MS-Pinyin not ABCD Manually switch from MS to ABCD gets annoying In WinXp Win I only need to manually switch to ABCD once and the system remembers Language input order issue? (Set Non-MS input as secondary default) it but Win for some reason automotcally load the language list on every start up Also in WinXp Win I can delete MS-PinYin while keeping ABCD so I only have English and Language input order issue? (Set Non-MS input as secondary default) ABCD but Win doesn't allow me to do that as I must have MS-input or the second line highlight in green in language perference doesn't even appear There are some additional points details Language input order issue? (Set Non-MS input as secondary default) - I must set Chinese as Language for non-Unicode programs But keeping Format Display to English as same time works fine as there is rd party software display issue - There is no Win version of ABCD input yet I am not sure if that would make any difference - I don't want to use Let me set a different input method for each app window too much work to set for each app and swith in same app doesn't solve issue - Tried Override Display and or Default Input while setting Chinese above English as default in language perferences but doesn't work or maybe I am missing something - Again I want keep OS Display Default to English interface Any ideas Thanks in advance if I don't reply in time Cheers J

A:Language input order issue? (Set Non-MS input as secondary default)

Hello, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I can't help you with your specific problem but you may want to look here. Hope it helps.

Under Chinese Input Methods it says to use the Windows key and space bar to easily switch between language inputs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528349/language-input-order-issue-set-non-ms-input-as-secondary-default/
Relevancy 67.08%

It seems to me that the default language input method changes with apps being loaded, supposed I set my default input language to PT and then use MS Word in Chinese, when I close my Win 8.1, the next time I turn on my computer, the default will change to CN instead of PT. Anyone knows how to make Win 8.1 stays with the default input method and not the last apps used? I went to Control Panel/Language and did not find any settings there beside the one that I already did, which was my default input method set to PT.

Thanks for your comment/suggestion

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39238-how-make-language-input-stay-only-1-language.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Dell D laptop login all devices input Keyboard WinXP up input - locks at GUI w XP Pro SP or had I have a corrupted registry entry hosing the keyboard input The mouse works fine up until the point when I kit the first key on the keyboard when under the Graphical Windows WinXP - Keyboard input locks up all input devices at login GUI interface After I hit any key the mouse freezes as well This happens if I use the laptop keyboard WinXP - Keyboard input locks up all input devices at login GUI or an WinXP - Keyboard input locks up all input devices at login GUI external keyboard connected to a PS jack I have performed hours of troubleshooting and it is not the keyboard hardware Keyboard input works during all non-graphical UI BIOS Recovery Console etc I even removed the drive and plugged it in to another computer I made a copy of the WINNT system config files sam default security system software and replaced them w a copy of these files from WINNT repair The computer boots to Graphical Windows and I am able to type in this session just fine How can I quot erase quot the keyboard driver corruption in the registry or perhaps a corrupted driver file or set of files The problem is that I can t boot the system to a point where I can edit the quot corrupted quot keyboard entries I can t use the Recovery Console because I don t have the Administrator password So I tried to install SP from a bootable CD The minute it asks me to type in the Product Key a graphical dialog box input is frozen a the first keystroke even a key like Caps Lock Can I actually edit the registry that resides on the boot drive while it is connected to another computer Any other suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-keyboard-input-locks-up-all-input-devices-at-login-gui.786840/
Relevancy 61.06%

I installed Windows 8 Pro and installed an additional language(let's say it's B) pack, changed system display language to B, and system locale to B.

And I got infinite BSOD after installing some drivers(not related to language pack, just I made mistake installing old programs), so I 'refresh'ed the system.

Guess what, after the refresh, system display was set to English(united kingdom, which is default), AND system locale remained as language B.

This is the problematic part;
1.I CANNOT change system display language to B, it says it's unavailable.
2.The system regards the language pack is already installed because I can still use B as system locale.
3.I cannot reinstall or remove the language pack. LPKSETUP doesn't detect B.

SO i'm pretty much stuck, and I don't want to reinstall just to change the system display language.

Is there any solution to this(removing/reinstalling language pack)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/system-language-messed-up-after-refresh-unable-to-remove-reinstall-language-pack-672592.html
Relevancy 59.77%

How to add new keyboard input language ? I have one language, but i want to add english language. I go to control panel, language, add a language, then i select english, and then just blank window appears... :

Or i go to language, then select for current language options, add an input method, and then explorer just crashes and restarts ... :

A:How to add new input language

Hello Startas,

You might consider refreshing Windows 8 to fix any system errors, and try adding a new input method (IME) language again afterwards.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12243-how-add-new-input-language.html
Relevancy 59.77%

(New here, not sure if this is the right place to post)

Anyway I woke up this morning to find that I can't change my language input on my laptop (i.e. pressing Alt+Tab or Win+Space does nothing). The input indicator in the system tray is gone (which, is the least of my concern to be honest...) and if I force it to appear it just shows a blank space instead of the usual ENG.

So I did the usual stuff -- a virus scan, a system restore to last week (everything was perfectly fine up till last night) and about a million reboots, but all to no avail. I can't find much help on Google either. I'm consistently required to type two languages so I'd appreciate if anyone can give me any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/language-input.1167294/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to implement an option to change the keyboard input language in WinPE by modifying the registry and rebooting.

I made an autoit script that scans the reg key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts

...for available languages, populates a drop menu allowing the user to select a language, writes the selection to the following two keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload

...then reboots... presumably with the new input language in effect.

Trouble is, after a reboot the registry seems to be refreshed and the new setting doesn't keep. Can anyone recommend a more suitable method for doing this than modifying the registry? Is there a deeper source for registry settings that I can get to before the registry is initialized?

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winpe-input-language-help-362384.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

I have the following input languages in the Language settings in the control panel:
- Arabic
- English (United Kingdom)
- Turkish
But when I switch between the language I have 5 input languages where the English and the Arabic are doubled!!

Check the attached image :
I tried to remove both the Arabic and the English language and I still have 3 language where the doubled ones didn't remove!

A:Why I have doubled input language!

Hello Amersaw, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if using either option in the tutorial below may be able to remove these extra keyboard input methods.

Input Methods - Add or Remove for Keyboard Layout in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34323-why-i-have-doubled-input-language.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

forgive my naivety but recently Installed dual operating systems and is the main.

I have to spanish keyboard to type, and the input language is english BUT.......

I made a faux pas installing windows, having the input langauge as spanish as now on installing things it comes up in spanish!

can I correct things now and make a note for future installations as to what my wishes are...........

1. english language
2. spanish or english keyboard

at the moment the keyboards change without cause and its doing my head in when typing!!

can I correct my mistakes for the installation language from spanish to english menus??

thanks

Steve

A:Input language/display

Hello Steve,

These would be two different settings as you found out. One for "Display Language" (everything), and the other "keyboard input language". The tutorials below can help show you how to change both to what you wanted.Display Language - Change

and

Keyboard Layout - Change
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282534-input-language-display.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi everyone I have searched everywhere for a solution to my problem and I still haven't found one I have a Sony VAIO VPCSE and Input ENG Language Changing US I have installed Windows Professional My region language input methods etc are set to US ENG Input Language Changing English Ireland The Problem When I turn on my laptop there is the word quot ENG quot beside my clock and my input language is set to English United States When I click ENG I am giving the option to switch between English Ireland and English United States When I go to language preferences the English United States language does not show as being one of my preferences However when I add the language and then press quot Remove quot the ENG beside the clock disappears My Question Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening or how I can stop this I don't mind what it is editing the registry deleting the English United States language Please throw me your suggestions and I'll test and report back US ENG Input Language Changing Thanks Brian

A:US ENG Input Language Changing

If you only have 1 language set, the ENG or whatever will disappear.
Add English American & the Eng will reappear.
I could provide screen shots if you need them.
With only 1 language selected,the eng will go away.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24485-us-eng-input-language-changing.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, all. I have tried for an hour to configure my keyboard input properly, and I've searched online to no avail. The problem is that I cannot input a foreign language (attempting to enable Korean). I installed the keyboard and set it up so that left alt + shift switches languages. The language bar shows that I've changed to Korean, but only English comes out.

I've tried several programs, such as Firefox, IE, and Word, and it's the same in all of them. When I had XP, there were never any problems for me setting up Korean. Somehow with W7 it is impossible for me to figure out.

I'd very much appreciate any advice getting this to work. Thus far, I've had to rely on copying and pasting syllables from a Korean dictionary to form words I want to type.

A:Cannot input foreign language

Hope this helps:
Can I write in Korean on any version of Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71465-cannot-input-foreign-language.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I recently upgraded to windows after all updates now it is Up until yesterday I only used it with one user account Yesterday I added another account and for some reason instead of having both input languages It only had English I added the second language successfully and the language bar appeared as expected However after a restart the language bar disappeared as well as the switch input Can't language ability to use quot alt-shift quot to Can't switch input language switch languages When I look at the Can't switch input language settings the both languages are there and the quot Use language bar when possible or something to that effect quot is checked Also the language bar is set to be docked I tried float - didn't do any good and the shortcut is set for quot Alt Shift quot But no language bar is shown and the input language can Can't switch input language not be changes A weird thing is that when I look at the shortcuts list I have quot switch language -- gt Alt-Shift quot quot Hebrew -- gt none quot No entry for English Just to make it clear - in order to write this question in English I had to use my other account Thank you very much Asaf

A:Can't switch input language

Hi,
Please run ?ctfmon.exe?, does the language appear again?
And  follow the instruction below to force the exe to run each time you start windows.
Open registry, locate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
Create a new string value,
specify the name "CTFMon".
Type ?ctfmon?=?CTFMON.EXE? in Value data field, OK.
Restart your computer.
Regards,
YolandaYolanda
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/01b57947-5f27-4c8a-9ab8-5e0125887d8f/cant-switch-input-language?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.34%

Dear everyone,

I have problem typing the spanish letter ENE in my toshiba M845 window 7 home premium.

I have tried every method suggested in the website but still it doesnt work. So I would like to ask if anyone has any further suggestion.

Currently, my keyboard include English US, Thai and Spanish.

When I put spanish as keyboard layout and type where spanish ene is supposed to be , the keyboard layout is automaticcaly change to english rather than resulting in an ene i want. sometimes when i do the same what i got is l , just a vertical direct line as u saw.

but with other accents tildes and other marks in spanish language i can make it without problem ... so only the ENE is troubling me.

ANyone has any suggestion?

THank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,
Prapasri

A:Spanish language input

Hi, prapasri.

I have written a piece of software called Spanish Typing. You can download it at http://www.echidnaware.com/spanishtyping. After installing it, you will be able to press Alt and n at the same time to type ?. I hope you find this helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160326-spanish-language-input.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Using Windows 8.1. I have English and Japanese input languages added, and both are listed as options in the language toolbar, but it is impossible to select anything but English. Windows+Space allows me to navigate to Japanese, but releasing the keys or pressing Enter does nothing. The Left Alt+Shift shortcut also does nothing.

A:Can't change input language.

I installed Japanese input language for the sake of screenshots, let's see if we can fix this for you.

First things first, the basics in using Japanese input language. If input language is installed and enabled, you will see it on your input method selection dialog:
When selected, the Japanese input language shows two icons (my Taskbar is vertical at left, image might look different than the same on your display):

1 = Japanese input language active
2 = Keyboard layout selector (by default Half-Width Alphanumeric)
You have to right click the keyboard layout selector (2) to select either Hiragana, Katakana or Alphanumeric layout to type using the layout you need:
You can also select one of two input methods, Romaji or Kana:
A bit confusing although somewhat logical default behavior of Japanese input language might cause user to think the Japanese is not working, as it defaults to Half-width Alphanumeric keyboard layout which is basically as an English layout, using western alphabet.

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48449-cant-change-input-language.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hello all.
I have problem with changing input language.
I have tablet running windows 8.1 with bing.
In the PC settings, Time and language, Region and language
i have 3 languages listed.
But i can't switch between languages in touch keyboard.
I only can use english. why? anyone can help?
thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61350-need-help-changing-input-language.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I have recently set my keyboard to both English and Russian input, when I began studying Russian.

I also just installed the Office 2003 Proofing Tools.

But I now have a Korean Option dispayed in the Language Bar, that seems to appear automatically.

I have checked the language settings, and it only shows English and Russian. No Korean and yet I can not get rid of it from the language bar.

Does anybody know what is causing this? I really want to get rid of it.

Thanks for any help
Matt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/input-language-problem.691610/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there, I'd like to remove my English keyboard as an input language, unfortunately is my default set to be an english keyboard. However, being swedish, i'd like my primarily chosen input langauge in ALL programs to be swedish.

A:Removing an Input language

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...-input-languagehope this helps you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347732/removing-an-input-language/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I have a problem with adding a language input. Under 'Text Services and Input Languages'--> 'Add'--> theres only english and chinese input as available options. I want to add korean. I've tried windows update and it didnt help. Can anyone help me with tt?

Thanks

A:Problem with language input

I believe the language packs are only available for enterpise and ultimate versions of windows 7.
You can try adding it through internet explorer's language options. It may work that way.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972813/en-us
there's the language pack page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253678-problem-language-input.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

A colleague of mine installed the Assamese language on my laptop for a prank and now I can't remove it from the language list in:

Control Panel -> Language -> Advanced Settings -> Override for Windows display language

During an update my display language was reverted to Assamese...

How can I get rid of this language?

Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75811-cannot-remove-language-override-display-language.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I own MS Office I have an English OS but with default language input the Changing japanese and chinese MUI s installed for family purposes However when ever i start up any office application the input language is always Chinese Changing the default input language I got this computer and currently live in china btw if that has anything to do with it although i doubt it I find this very annoying although it s not too much work Every time i start typing it comes up with a bunch of chinese characters Especially when i do Ctrl N to start a new document it changes back to chinese and i usually forget Is there any way i can change it to english I set my computer s default to English but that doesn t seem to have any affect All my other program seem fine though like IE Java based programs other educational programs etc all start with the input mode in English thanks p s i can t just uninstall it becaues I need it once in a while nbsp

A:Changing the default input language

Hi Akimatsu,

I also use MS Office 2003 with Windows XP (although I think it works similarly with other Windows operating systems, like 2000).

I changed my default setting for MS Office 2003 default language from English U.S. to English Canadian by doing the following:

On the Windows Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings.

Click the Enabled Languages tab.

In the "Choose the language that defines default behavior in Microsoft Office applications" box, select the language you want, (in this case, English) and then click OK. Make sure you also add any other languages you want enabled as secondary and supported into the right side box on your screen.

If you then want to type a Word document for example in Chinese, you can do this through the Word document itself by following instructions in the Word help section, such as the following (which directs you to MS Office Online):

About creating a Traditional Chinese document

To work with Traditional Chinese text in documents, make sure you do the following:

Set up system support for Traditional Chinese.

Enable Traditional Chinese for editing in Microsoft Office.

Obtain a Traditional Chinese Input Method Editor (IME) so that you can type Traditional Chinese text.

Microsoft Word has built-in features that help you work with Traditional Chinese text, such as support for vertical text editing and the fonts MingLiU and Arial Unicode MS, as well as SimSun for both Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. For additional functionality, you can purchase Microsoft Proofing Tools.

Learn about other Word features for Traditional Chinese.
I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but I'm sure there's a workaround for this, especially if most of your use of MS Office 2003 is performed in English.

Best of luck to you! I'm looking forward to hearing from other users who may have resolved similar problems.

Best regards,
Marjatta

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-default-input-language.429054/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys This is a great forum have been language How the setup? to change input visiting this for a while and have learnt many new things about my seven However one thing is bothering me so I decided to write and ask Hopefully someone will be able to help me The problem is How to change the input language setup? when I've got one How to change the input language setup? input language chosen and am working on a Word document I am able to write using that language As soon as I open other software for example start searching the web the input language changes automatically This means I cannot write my document and then proceed using same language on the Internet but I have to change the input language separately when I swap from Word to Internet browser Is it possible to change the settings so that if I'd be using one input language in one software after changing the software the input language would remain the same and not change It is quite annoying though it is probably helpful for those who are using different languages in different software and don't want to swap the language every time they move from one soft to another Thanks in advance Oh I almost forgot Another annoying thing is that I cannot give the name to my file if there's a folder which has the same name If I have folder on my desktop and I have a file which I want to name as as I press quot Save quot the file isn't being saved Windows just opens the folder named and shows it's content in the same window where you need to enter the filename and have Save button How can I change this setting so that Windows would let me save file even though I've got folder with the same name

A:How to change the input language setup?

I have no clue about your main issue. As for your second issue, the only thing I can think of is to save the document, then rename it later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101812-how-change-input-language-setup.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am looking for a tweak or a solution that can let me change keyboard input language (back & forth) with ONE key.

Right now all what Windows XP can offer is a KEY SEQUENCE of ALT+SHIFT (2 keys). I need ONE key.

Any idea whether this is possible?

Thanks!
Johnny

Relevancy 58.48%

I have two English Windows XP computers on which the only language/IME installed is Chinese (PRC) - Chinese (Simplified) - Microsoft Pinyin IME 3.0.

On one of them, the input language always defaults to English when I launch an application, and I need to press Shift to switch to Chinese input. The other one is the opposite: the input language always defaults to Chinese when I launch an application, and I need to press Shift to switch to English input.

I have checked all the regional and language options on both systems, and they are identical. So where is this setting? Is there a registry key that determines whether the default input language is English or Chinese?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pinyin-ime-default-input-language-391814.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, the following is my problem.

I have a Chinese language input program that is only compatible with Windows XP. I tried to install it on my Windows 8 Pro and used the compatibility mode. But it did not run. How can I get it to work? Should I install Virtual Box to run XP mode to use this input program or is there another method of running XP-only programs on Windows 8?
Many thanks in advance!
Jackson

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/25646-language-input-compatibility-issue.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I need to be able to input text using three different languages English US Russian Ukrainian To that end I have prepared the following As you see UI is being overridden to Ukrainian too which is also desired I also need to be able to switch input languages NOT using any cyclic shortcut like Ctrl Shift or Alt Shift but by language-specific shortcut namely Ctrl settings problem language Input for English Ctrl for Ukrainian Ctrl for Russian It has been so for years for me and I got used to it To that end I found the following setup There you see two Ukrainian layouts I made one myself another one is built-in The problem is that Ctrl for English works Ctrl for Russian works too but BOTH shortcuts for Ukrainian layots do NOT work When I press Ctrl or Ctrl just nothing happens I tried to change the Ukrainian shortcuts to no avail What should I do UPD What's more interesting thing I just discovered is that these Ukrainian shortcuts do work selectively In Notepad and MS Word -- don't work In Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox also Skype -- does work UPD Shortcuts seem to be working Input language settings problem everywhere EXCEPT the software written by Microsoft What an irony

A:Input language settings problem

Hi,

Did Ukrainian keyboard layouts come with Windows or were installed separately (e.g. had been created with the keyboard layout creator)?

In the latter case, try to remove them and replace with the standard Ukrainian layout, then assign the same shortcut. Does the shortcut work?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28133-input-language-settings-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi. I am looking for Input Method for Latin Language (language that still used in Roman Catholic Church). Microsoft provides this language in Office, but not in Windows 8(.1) via Control Panel in language input method. I cannot synchronize the input method
between Windows and Office as well as Indonesian, Italian, Thai, etc. I think many people still need this language to work with Ecclesial work such as daily prayer in Latin language or bible study. Is there any update for this language? If not, I ask Microsoft
to provide Windows update for Roman Latin language. Thank you very much.

A:Latin Language Input Method

Hi marcellius.ac,
" Microsoft provides this language in Office, but not in Windows 8(.1) via Control Panel in language input method."
Do you mean there is nowhere to install the language or this specific language is not listed ?
Please refer to the following link to install the language package and configure it .
Change your language or keyboard
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-8/using-multiple-languages
Here is a link for reference of all the language options :
Language packs
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-HK/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win8
If it is not listed ,I am afraid this specific language is not supported.
Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9ce310c6-83da-475e-bf26-b8b8c050fe34/latin-language-input-method?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.48%

Just like the title says, would I need to buy the Ultimate edition to keep the option for Russian language input? Or does language pack simply make the whole UI in another language?

Thanks

A:Do I need Ultimate for Russian language input?

You don't. Ultimate lets you swap the GUI into Russian, but you can use cyrillics within Internet Explorer, Word, Etc on any version of W7 providing you set up things correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/30801-do-i-need-ultimate-russian-language-input.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I have recently updated to Service Pack for Vista Home Premium I can no longer change the input language while after login input change language Can`t I am working with my user I can see the language bar I can click on It and see both language I am using I can choose between them but after I click on the second language nothing happens The first language is still selected I Can`t change input language after login tried to use Alt Shift but again the languages can not be changed I have tried adding more language from the control panel removing the language bar adding it again etc but still I can not change between the languages What I found interesting is that if I am at the login screen of my vista I am Can`t change input language after login able to change the languages using Alt Shift but once I login I am not able to change them I have tried creating a new user and while using the new user I am able to change between the languages But because of the many configurations and files I would like to continue to use my current user It would be great if you anyone could assist me Thank you in advance

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285164-can-t-change-input-language-after-login.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am having issues adding Russian as an input language in my installation of Windows XP SP3

I have looked at tutorials which ask me to add the language through Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Text Services and Input Languages > Add Input Languages

But Russian is not an available option (as you can see in the image below)

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4893/issue.png

How can I add Russian as an input language in my OS?

PLEASE NOTE: IT IS NOT IN THE AVAILABLE OPTIONS OF INPUT LANGUAGES TO INSTALL BY DEFAULT.

A:[WINXP-SP3] Adding Russian As Input Language

Maybe this will help: http://www.auburn.edu/~mitrege/russi.../cyrillic.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-sp3-adding-russian-as-input-language-416089.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I use three different languages daily, and I like switching using Ctrl+Shift, which was always possible in previous Windows versions. I don t like this new sequence that seems to be default.
How can I change it?

EDIT oops I found it; it's in the Advanced Settings, you just have to look carefully.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17122-want-switch-input-language-using-ctrl-shift-like-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 I get this issue where my computer forgets/resets the Input Language Hotkey for English. I used to set it as Ctrl + Shift + 1. But whenever I restart the computer, the hotkey goes back to blank/empty/nothing. I have manually set it in advanced settings several times already and it simply doesn't save it. Never had this problem in all the previous Windows I used (XP, 7, 8 etc).

Please help. Thank you.

A:Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help!

Have you been able to resolve this problem? I'm facing the same issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/28503-input-language-hotkey-keeps-resetting-restart-please-help.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello members of the best forum in the world One of my friends Hebrew can Where download language? | input I Question have a problem- she synchronized her computer Window XP and after the sync she wasn t able to write in Hebrew anymore I than told her to right-click on the Language Bar - gt Settings - gt Add and than choose Hebrew but she told me hebrew wasn t in the list Than I adviced her to check in Control panel - gt Regional and Language Options - gt Languages and than to check place a V in the boxes She did it but Question | Where can I download Hebrew input language? in the middle of the installation of the languages the wizard asked to put-in an original Windows XP disk As she doesn t own one I tried to look for a download link for those language files My questions is- Where can I download the input language files for her computer so than she ll be able to write in Hebrew Thanks for the helpers And another thing- I own an original XP disk can I copy those language files and send her And if I can what is the name of the folder those files are in and how should she install them

A:Question | Where can I download Hebrew input language?

They might be in the i386 folder:http://www.petri.co.il/install_hebrew_on_windows_xp.htmDownload offered here:http://www.geocities.com/fontboard/heblpk.htmlJust be sure to download to the Desktop and scan with your AV before installing to be safe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188746/question-where-can-i-download-hebrew-input-language/
Relevancy 58.05%

Is there anyway to replace a font with a new font(a font that is used in the regional input language) in windows 7.

there was a software called "font fixer" which helped me to replace the "MV Boli" font in the regional language input. But that software has compatibility issues in Windows vista/Windows 7.

I have replaced the "MV Boli" font with a font called "Faruma" before.

so i there anyway to replace the font using a method like registry edit?

pls help!

A:How to replace a font in input language toolbar

I'm not sure I really know what you mean by 'replace' here. Why can't you just install the font you prefer and use it as normal?

And if you've done it before, why can't you do it again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/93306-how-replace-font-input-language-toolbar.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Bonjour,
I'm having a workstation with Windows 7. I choose to language, Francais (Canada) and English (United-States) but, for whatever reason, English (Canada) keeps poping in in the language bar even though I did not select it, further, it sits as the default keyboard.....

I have not choosen said language and when I go into the Regional parameteres, that keyboard is not selected either. It is only in the language bar and can't be remove. Any idea as to why this keyboard keeps poping in and how can I delete it once and for all?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395912-unchosen-keyboard-language-language-bar.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I need script or string by regedit to change input language for new user accounts to Portuguese (Portugal) - Portuguese.

Thanks

A:need to change input language for new users via registry script

I don't know of any way to do it with a script etc. But you can set up the user accounts easily enough without that;

Keyboard Layout - Change

Region and Language Settings - Copy to New Users and Welcome Screen

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/157857-need-change-input-language-new-users-via-registry-script.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have English and Japanese on my language bar. When I want to input Japanese I switch to it then have to switch to the Japanese writing (cntrl - ` ). This works until I click away or in a different box when it switched back to English input (under the Japanese section, doesn't switch back to English section). When I had XP it would remember where I was typing in Japanese and stick with the Japanese writing until I told it to change.

So I can type in Japanese but every other sentence I have to put the settings back to continue.

Changing Japanese to default language does nothing.

Thanks for your time!

Matt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/language-bar-always-instantly-switches-back-to-english-input.772244/
Relevancy 56.33%

Basically I have a dell 4600
Keyboard works in bios but any input after xp bootup causes lockup(movies and other things will still run but i just cant move mouse)
Iv tried replacing kbdclass and i8042prt from an identical comp but no dice.
Norton Av came up negative. I also cannot sytem restore to a date before keyboard failed. Keyboard also does not so up in safe mode.
Anything i can do?

Relevancy 53.75%

My WIN7 Ult offers only two keyboard languages at present ? English UK and English United States International. Neither of these are suitable for my keyboard ? e.g. the ? and the @ are reversed and to get # needs a back-slash. When I log in these changes do not apply! Now this is all new ? the problem began a few weeks ago. I think I was using a different English United States language, but I don?t have it at Control Panel/Change keyboards. It?s more or less certain my keyboard is a standard US keyboard (I live in the Philippines). What is the language I need and how do I get it?

A:keyboard language does not match keyboard

hi when you go into control panel -region and language - keyboard and language click on change keyboards then click on add and choose the one you want. is it not listed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393974-keyboard-language-does-not-match-keyboard.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
We bought around 15 KM 636 Mouse/Keyboard combo sets.

Some of them have input lag issues. It wont type anything for 2 - 5 seconds and then all of a sudden it will type everything at once. If the user is constantly using the keyboard it seems to work and only seems to lag if its left for x amount of time. 
We are using mainly Dell Optiplex 3040

What can I do to solve this?

Thanks,
James

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991038
Relevancy 52.46%

Dear TenForums members,

I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in.

In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign in back and it will going to happen again continually.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you.

*Picture above shows when it's unavailable.
*Picture above shows the language input setting

Steps that don't worked for me:
- Alt + Shift
- Win + Space
- Setting the Chinese language as default language (worked for a while)

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/46031-help-keyboard-input.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Dear TenForums members,

I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in.

In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign in back and it will going to happen again continually.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you.

*Picture above shows when it's unavailable.
*Picture above shows the language input setting

Steps that don't worked for me:
- Alt + Shift
- Win + Space
- Setting the Chinese language as default language (worked for a while)

A:Help with the keyboard input

Hi, I think you may be able to resolve this by going to the control panel here:
and setting your desired input method as 'override' rather than 'Use Language list'

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/46031-help-keyboard-input.html
Relevancy 51.6%

For some time now I ve been unable to use the keyboard when running DOS programs under my XP Pro SP assuming they start at all certain programs which worked in the past now seriously affect the stability of the entire system At first I thought it was because I use a USB keyboard I checked my BIOS settings and switched on legacy USB support This made no difference in Windows at least I then dusted off an old PS keyboard only to find that that didn t work either Both boards otherwise function perfectly I can for eg Alt Tab when a DOS program is active but I can programs keyboard DOS with input No t send keystrokes to the programs themselves If I start a command prompt window either keyboard works fine If I load a DOS program within that window either keyboard will immediately drop out Thus far I ve been making do with DosBox but I ve come across No keyboard input with DOS programs a program that specifically needs to be executed under Windows Any help appreciated nbsp

A:No keyboard input with DOS programs

Anyone? Can I at least confirm whether this is just me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-keyboard-input-with-dos-programs.588295/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello!

I have a question about a problem with my keyboard input, but didn't know which forum section to post it in. I didn't want to post in two sections, so thought I would post in the Hardware forum and place a link to it here, as it seems that it could also be a problem with my system.

link in the hardware forum -- http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1019533-problem-keyboard-input.html#post8091280

Thank you for your help!

A:Problem with keyboard input

please do not duplicate posts - the hardware forum is fine and we can always move the post for you

closing this post

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1019533-problem-keyboard-input.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-keyboard-input.1019535/
Relevancy 51.6%

I can log on correctly, and join games normally. However, after I click the join game button, and the select class and spawn point menu comes up, my keyboard and mouse stop working in Battlefield 2. I can alt-tab out normally, and my keyboard and mouse will continue to work outside of Battlefield, and player icons and control points continue to change on the selection menu, but I cannot move my mouse or keyboard to even exit to the main menu. I am at a complete loss for what to do.

A:No Keyboard or Mouse Input

I am currently experiencing a similar problem with the Demo version. I have previously been able to play with no problems, until recently. I had changed nothing in the menu's, nor changed my mouse/keyboard/joystick or any drivers.
Originally, i was having the exact same problem, so i tried an un-install/re-install to see if this would fix the problem, now however, i can use my keyboard, but my mouse still refuses to respond while trying to select a spawn point.
I am totally confused by this, as my mouse also works fine when i alt+tab out to desktop.

Any help will be greatly recieved,

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f59/no-keyboard-or-mouse-input-80208.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Last night I was trying to play Quake 2 for the first time in about a year, last year it ran fine. However, Everytime I press any key on my keyboard for movement in the game's menus or while playing, there's a delay by about a second or two before the game recognizes that I pressed a key.

This doesn't happen in all games, but it does happen in Quake I as well, and this doesn't happen outside of games.

My mouse doesn't seem to be effected, but I am not entirely sure as I can't really use it in game without moving.

I don't know if it's strictly Quake, but I played Doom and it worked fine.

Can anyone please help? I really want to play Quake 2.

A:Keyboard Input lag in Some games

Go to the Settings Options and reset the keyboard layout keys and reaction time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-input-lag-in-some-games-388407.html
Relevancy 51.6%

G'day

I'm getting a strange problem when starting up my computer. On initial boot, one of the messages on screen is "press del to enter setup". At this point, the keyboard works fine-I can go in and change BIOS settings without any problem. However, if I let it contimue booting up, another message appears-"Press any key to boot from CD". This is the one I want, but at this point the keyboard has no effect. Even pressing F8 does nothing.

There isn't any problem once Windows starts-everything works as normal.

Any assistance or advice would be very welcome.

I'm trying to load Windows 7 over XP.

A:No keyboard input at startup

Try another keyboard. Do the numlock, etc LEDs flash as it's posting?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412024/no-keyboard-input-at-startup/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I am experiencing some strange symptoms with my laptop keyboard and wanted to inquire about it Thank you for being there My problem is with the keyboard of a HP Compaq laptop model NX and I am using Windows XP The keyboard is on the laptop itself and is not a peripheral keyboard My problem focuses around the fact that my keyboard seems to be developing a problem with how it responds to touch I am able to type on the keyboard just fine but when I hold down a key to have it continuously type the same letter or number it will only type it once I have to quot lift keyboard with input Problem quot my finger and press the key again to get it to type anything again This also applies to the Problem with keyboard input backspace key the enter return key and the arrow keys all where of course it is most noticeable The strange thing is that the problem seems to be intermittent Today it occurred for hours of straight on-the-computer time and then disappeared during the same straight on-the-computer time without any changes to the computer or what I was doing Another strange thing is that when it does happen it does not happen of the time When testing it during the time that it is happening I can sometimes get a key to type - in a row and then it will stop which is strange too but this circumstance itself in which it will type a few characters in a row during the time that the problem is happening happens only about of the time The fact that it is possible is something I thought I might mention though I don t think that it is a problem with the keyboard needing cleaning as it is happening to all of the keys I am not sure but it seems to be a progressive problem All of the keys not responding to holding them down began happening today but I remember that the left arrow key which I use a lot started showing that symptom a few days ago That s just to the best of my memory It may have been that all of the keys would have been doing it but I didn t have another instance to notice it Thus based on that possibility and the fact that it is varying from happening to not happening one of my questions would definitely be regarding if this is a progressive problem or not and am I about to lose the use of my keyboard and thus my laptop Has anyone seen this problem before or have an idea about what could be happening Is it a progressive problem as well which will result in the loss of my keyboard I should mention that I am ill and bedridden and can t easily take it in to a repair place Also I depend very heavily on it medically so I want to thank you in advance for all of your help Thank you so very very much nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I can't seem to use the left and up arrow keys simultaneously. Any other combination works. The other keys on the keyboard allow multi-keying, but left and up cause that nice "too much input" beep.

Any explanations and resolutions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-input-issues.529263/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys, sorry for my noob question; i've looked a bit over in language/regions and ease of acces and i couldn't find what i was lookin' for so i thought i'd ask somewhere for help.
Whenever i type ' or " only once nothing happens, the symbol appears only after i pressed anything else after it, so if i were to say "nothin'happens" they appear in one word because the symbol ' appears only after i typed anything after it and the space bar doesn't count.
Any ideea what's the problem?

Thnx

A:Issue with keyboard input

Quote: Originally Posted by edithegodfather

Hey guys, sorry for my noob question; i've looked a bit over in language/regions and ease of acces and i couldn't find what i was lookin' for so i thought i'd ask somewhere for help.
Whenever i type ' or " only once nothing happens, the symbol appears only after i pressed anything else after it, so if i were to say "nothin'happens" they appear in one word because the symbol ' appears only after i typed anything after it and the space bar doesn't count.
Any ideea what's the problem?

Thnx

My first guess is that it may be the keyboard. Can you try another?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/47912-issue-keyboard-input.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have been struggling to have quot set p quot to work correctly in a batchfile Its purpose is to print a text and ask for user input from keyboard and store this is in a variable Here is my code Code if not exist MY FILE CopyFile echo copying copy y MY FILE NEW DIRECTORY gt NUL else echo MY FILE already exist set UsersChoice set P UsersChoice Overwrite keyboard from is /p taking not input set before continue Continue with old Abort o c a echo input was UsersChoice if quot UsersChoice quot quot o quot echo overwrite goto CopyFile else if quot UsersChoice quot quot c quot echo continue goto Continue else echo exit Continue Code is showing the text and is waiting for input but whatever i type before hit ENTER adds no value to UsersChoice echo input was UserChoice only shows quot input was quot and nothing more Then the if else will be evaluated to else in line printing exit when working it will simply just exit Why are there no input stored in UsersChoice This is the shell output where I have entered quot o quot as set /p is not taking input from keyboard my choice seen after Code Overwrite before continue Continue with old Abort o c a o input was exit Best regards Vidar Z

A:set /p is not taking input from keyboard

Code:
set /P UsersChoice=Overwrite before continue, Continue with old, Abort? o/c/a:
I believe it should be

Code:
set /P UsersChoice=Overwrite before continue, Continue with old, Abort? o/c/a:=

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/151052-set-p-not-taking-input-keyboard.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello!

I have keyboard with US layout and I want to use it with a few languages. I've configured it like this:
But, when I switch to SR or DE (with alt + shift), input language is still Englsih. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

Help please...

A:Problem with keyboard input

That's because your keyboards are all set to US. Here are my settings where I chose German as default:

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/88499-problem-keyboard-input.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a strange issue with my Dell Inspiron 1520. Specs are:

windows XP
core 2 duo
3gb RAM
25gb free HD space
Also, I am not running any memory intensive programs.

Basically there is a delay between the point when I type the characters on the keyboard and when they appear on the screen. This happens in every program and is on and off. Sometimes it will be normal with no delay, then abruptly it will slow way down so that I have no idea what I am currently typing.
I have not made any changes to my computer recently that would account for this and it is really annoying. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this:

I have the following problem:
Whenever I hit the ^-button, it immediately wirtes ^^, in firefox, notepad, libreoffice - regardles of the program, smae with ?
The result is, that I can't write any letters with ^ or ? on top of them...

What could be the problem? I didn't change anything and it was fine until yesterday...

please help!

A:Keyboard-input problem

hello Setarkos,

1. What key are you pressing to get the characters you described. Because for me that would take two keys (Shift + 6) = ^
And I have no key for the type of single quote you typed (right sided single quote) So do you have a particular type of keyboard that has this?

2. Can you try to open a command prompt window and see is the key acts the same. To do this simply click on the orb and enter "cmd" into the search box. Press enter. Now press the keys and does it still act the same?

Thanks,
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200519-keyboard-input-problem.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

one of our system keyboard input is very slow it will take some seconds to display letters after typing even that system consist of good configuration

Intel dual core
1 gb RAM
logitech keyboard and mouse

i have checked sticky keys, filter keys, use toggle key and speech recognition all are remains default settings and i replaced PS2 keyboard with usb keyboard still the problem is persisting i am planning to format the system
any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks a ton in advance

A:Keyboard Input Slow

try to narrow down ur problem, if ur keyboard response time is always slow, or it gets slower only when u browse around the web, did u install any recent software,progream n else that started the problem, its quite evident that its windows problem..
post ur hijack file here
it may be the virus issue..
try here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-input-slow.947599/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have had an annoying problem Random Keyboard Input with my laptop for sometime now resulting in me having to use an external keyboard and starting to get fed up with this and hope someone can save my sanity and help me resolve this problem I have a Dell Latitude E with Windows When using the keyboard to type anything any letter I press displays something completely different I might press the letter quot f quot Random Keyboard Input and get quot dhjamc quot - it doesn t do the same random letters all the time they are random with what comes up I have tried the following Drivers updated BIOS updated Re-seating the keyboard Windows resintalled tried various versions Nothing has worked The touchpad works fine I currently will use an external keyboard be it wireless or wired and works fine I would believe it to be the onboard keyboard but before I spend money to replace it I wanted to see if anyone might know of anything I have missed out to try Will be eternally grateful if someone has had the same problem and has fixed it Even if it meant spending the money to fix it with a new keyboard at least it will put my mind at rest Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-keyboard-input.975399/
Relevancy 51.6%

I came back from vacation today, turned on my computer and found out that my computer was no longer recognizing imput from my keyboard. Now, this has happened to me before, though I somehow fixed it. Ive tried switching USB ports and such (my keyboard uses a USB port), but it doesn't appear to be working. I'm fairly certain that it isn't just broken either, as the "lock" LEDs are still on. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-input-problem.615300/
Relevancy 51.6%

a friend of mine used an old computer to create a program to enter customers and summaries of days on an old DOS 486 computer. It would start the program right after boot up. Now on start up we get the NO keyboard/input Error message so I can't even boot up. I believe its the CMOS battery on the Motherboard that is gone.
I have tried a second keyboard( both keyboards light up) so it is a motherboard issue.....
Suggestions.....?
Secondly can the HDD be downloaded so that the program can be ran through DOS on a new computer?
Thanks

A:Old DOS 486 problem -- no keyboard/input -- help!

You haven't really given us enough information to help you, but yes, it is possible, to do... You can partition the hard drive of another computer into two or more partitions.. Perhaps Windows XP on one partition, and DOS 3.11 or Windows 95 or Windows 98 on the other partition. This will enable you to have a normal install... and be able to switch to the other partition to run DOS... and the program you need to get working. Any old timer computer enthusiast should be able to help you with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-dos-486-problem-no-keyboard-input-help.177033/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Dell Dimension 8200 and am using the Dell keyboard now that came with it. I've been noticing that at times when I type it takes forever for the characters to appear on the screen. Not always, but sometimes. I particularly notice this when I'm entering search words in Google. Sometimes I notice it when I am writing a new email message in Outlook. I'm using Firefox as my browser. My os is Windows XP.

What would cause this? My keyboard is plugged into the correct keyboard port on the back of the computer. Is this a sign that my computer hard drive needs cleaning up? I've been thinking of reformatting the hard drive but just can't bring myself to do it for a couple of months...

What areas should I look at to resolve this infuriating but intermittent problem?

A:slow keyboard input sometimes

More than likely, it isn't either your hard drive nor your keyboard. Outlook does it (especially if you use Word as your email editor) because it has to load the fonts in order to display text on the screen. (WYSIWYG editors, such as Word, use your print drivers to display what you see on the screen. That's why they work.)

Firefox does so whenever add-ons that check what you are typing, are enabled. You have at least one--the search bar in the top right.

Try this with Firefox: Start it up then wait until everything is loaded. It takes about 3 seconds depending on what add-ons you have. I have 12, it takes about 5 seconds for everything to load and the system to become stable.

In any case, your keyboard delay has nothing to do with your hard drive.

Courtney sends...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-keyboard-input-sometimes.578248/
Relevancy 51.6%

The mouse pointer simply stopped, new battery, tried a new mouse, I also cannot input from keyboard, even using the Microsoft suggestion of Ctrl, Esc and using the arrow keys.

There is some keyboard input from the f keys, I can go into setup but don't know what to do there if anything.

Dell 8200 with XP pro, SP2

Help,

Thanks,

mditlove

A:No input from mouse or keyboard

hello & welcome to TSF ,

have you tried to use PS/2 devices( wired )

normally when you have probs with wireless devices it is best to go back to the default type (wired ) then go to the device manager and check to see if you have any driver issues then try reinstalling the software if your drivers are okay

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-input-from-mouse-or-keyboard-209099.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a problem that cropped up after the last Microsoft update. I cannot log on. The cursor is frozen and the keyboard's password input is not recognized by the PC. As a result, I cannot get into the PC to disable or eliminate the password and open. How do I fix this? This is my home PC. I'm the only user.

My O/S is Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit. AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor, 1 TB Hard Drive, 6GB RAM,
Thank you,
Deaf Dave

PS, This is my backup PC that I'm using now.

A:Log on frozen, Does not allow keyboard input.

Dave,

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Safe Mode

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/255184-log-frozen-does-not-allow-keyboard-input.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I used to have two keyboard languages:
English(united states)
Arabic(UAE)

I notice that now Arabic(Saudi Arabia) was added by itself so now i have three keyborad language in the language tool bar.

I want to remove Arabic(Saudi Arabia) but it is not on the control panel. There I only found English(united states) and Arabic(UAE).

A:keyboard language

type 'language' into the start search (without the "" )

Click change keyboard and other input devices, is that where you looked earlioer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-language.904156/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
I have a UK Acer desktop and a German keyboard (strange but true)
The keyboard is obviously set up for the German language. It has the umlaud ie .. (two dots over the A, U and O) but we cant seem to get these characters to work.
I have looked at Region and language in the control panel but nothing seems to sort out the issue.

It could be that it is not possible to use conflicting desktop and keyboard.
Any ideas.

A:Keyboard Language

Hi
sorted it out. Not sure how!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/keyboard-language.4059462/
Relevancy 51.6%

my default windows language was in slovene. but i did download english language pack and installed it ... since then my keyboard setting is always set to english, I can change it to slovene, but after restart it gets back to english. I couldn't find how to change that, even though I tried some settings in language preferences but I gave up and need to ask this simple question on this nice forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/keyboard-language-1069618.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I went and added the 'Spanish' to the language bar, for Spanish accents. But I can't get the keyboard to function, as in the said instruction, to get the letters with the accent marks or the tildes. At times it works, but only for certain characters.

Inquiring if anyone knows anything pertaining getting the Span lang keyboard to print the characters?

i already know about the ''character map"

Or is there an update or download from Microsoft that is needed?

Thanks.ahead of time.

Jeff

A:Language keyboard

Which version of Windows? And do you mean that you are trying to install/switch to the Spanish language version?The reason that I ask is that most versions of Windows are limited to ONE language "pack"/install. So, if you are trying to do it by installing/activating a second language, then you will need the right version of Windows for that.For example, if you are running Windows 7, then I believe only the Enterprise and Ultimate versions support multiple languages.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527263/language-keyboard/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have UK and US installed. Basically I want to uninstall US because everytime I open a new window/ app it defaults to US. The programs I have open and have changed to UK remain UK. It's pretty bizarre, but if I take US off, UK will be the only configuration it can be.

Is this possible and how so?

Or do I need to be doing something else?

Relevancy 51.6%

I set my Win 8 to Eng with Spanish keyboard but the moment I look the other way gremlins change it to Eng Eng, How can I make Eng with Spanish keyboard default?

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a 640 Just did a fresh install to redstone came from threshold. then reinstalled with out apps. I live in Germany but my phone is set to English. I have a German Keyboard installed but the English keyboard says its preparing to install but won't. I also Tried English Canadian but it says preparing to down load but won't. Does any one have any Ideas because I am really a terrible speller. So I dornt see any suggestions.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435108-keyboard-language.html
Relevancy 51.17%

i was searching on the web for fixes infected keyboard Games, in not input sure if and Lag for my sudden slow down and crackling during games i was playing i deleted the ATA ATAPI controllers to fix the problem the crackling and slow down was fixed but my keyboard and mouse input would lag every so often I have recently also reformatted my computer as not too long ago as well I've seen a old post about this and I've downloaded GMER and have already scanned my computer GMER keyboard and input Lag in Games, not sure if infected - http www gmer net Rootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack x Device Harddisk DR - gt Device Ide IAAStorageDevice- ST rev GB Running jilxgwy exe Driver C Users TULE AppData Local Temp pxldipow sys ---- Kernel code sections - GMER ---- INITKDBG C Windows system ntoskrnl exe ExDeleteNPagedLookasideList fffff ba bytes C INITKDBG C Windows system ntoskrnl exe ExDeleteNPagedLookasideList fffff ba bytes ---- User code sections - GMER ---- text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system kernel dll RegSetValueExW e a bytes JMP fff text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system kernel dll RegQueryValueExW e f bytes JMP fff text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system kernel dll RegDeleteValueW e ffb bytes JMP fff b text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system kernel dll K GetMappedFileNameW e f e bytes JMP fff text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system kernel dll K EnumProcessModulesEx e a bytes JMP fff d text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system kernel dll K GetModuleInformation e c bytes JMP fff text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system kernel dll RegSetValueExA eb e bytes JMP fff f text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system USER dll EnumDisplayDevicesW f c bytes JMP fff d text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system USER dll EnumDisplayDevicesA f a b bytes JMP fff text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system USER dll CreateWindowExW f bytes JMP fff text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system USER dll DisplayConfigGetDeviceInfo f ccec bytes JMP fff text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system USER dll ChangeDisplaySettingsExW f bytes JMP fff text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system ole dll CoCreateInstance fefdae bytes JMP fffce text C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system ole dll CoSetProxyBlanket fefdafbf bytes JMP fffce text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system kernel dll RegSetValueExW e a bytes JMP fff text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system kernel dll RegQueryValueExW e f bytes JMP fff text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system kernel dll RegDeleteValueW e ffb bytes JMP fff b text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system kernel dll K GetMappedFileNameW e f e bytes JMP fff text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system kernel dll K EnumProcessModulesEx e a bytes JMP fff d text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system kernel dll K GetModuleInformation e c bytes JMP fff text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system kernel dll RegSetValueExA eb e bytes JMP fff f text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system KERNELBASE dll FreeLibrary fefcea db bytes JMP fffce text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system KERNELBASE dll GetModuleHandleW fefcea d bytes JMP fffce d text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system KERNELBASE dll LoadLibraryExW fefcea ef bytes JMP fffce text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system KERNELBASE dll GetModuleHandleExW fefcebaf bytes JMP fffce text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system GDI dll D DKMTQueryAdapterInfo feff c e bytes JMP fffce f text C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system GDI dll D DK... Read more

A:keyboard and input Lag in Games, not sure if infected

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/539351 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539351/keyboard-and-input-lag-in-games-not-sure-if-infected/
Relevancy 51.17%

HP with I5 and 8 gig ram 1GB HD. Came with windows 8 home, upgraded to Win 8.1 preview, then to 8.1. Had all sorts of problems, so I did a reset , destroy all data . Solved all initial problems, and generated another. There is no keyboard input to IE. Mouse does work (MS Trackball). Suggestioms?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32370-after-windows-8-1-install-keyboard-has-no-input.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I m trying input Keyboard Gateway won't Old USB accept to install XP on a Gateway that is beyond legacy for a friend It is the Gateway Flexatxstc Bro Essential c It is old enough to have ps ports however it does not All it has are usb ports and when Old Gateway won't accept USB Keyboard input I try to boot into the XP install disc it says quot Press any key to boot into CD quot and then Old Gateway won't accept USB Keyboard input does not accept input from my usb keyboard I reset the CMOS by yanking out the battery and putting it back in and now it won t even proceed past quot CMOS settings are wrong press F to change them or F to load defaults and continue quot I have both a ps and a usb keyboard but Old Gateway won't accept USB Keyboard input with no ps ports and it not accepting input from a usb keyboard I m stuck Any help would be appreciated Thanks and btw it doesn t have a din port either or whatever the even-more-legacy-than-ps port is called just usb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-gateway-wont-accept-usb-keyboard-input.690798/
Relevancy 51.17%

Since at least Windows I am fighting with a most annoying behavior in Windows w r t to multi-language pen input To allow me to enter German and English characters on the same keyboard without constantly having to remap my fingers or rather my brain I have long time ago switched to the quot English International quot keyboard layout which allows me to write in English AND German and understand doesn't input... MS pen :-( keyboard on the very same keyboard without switching key layouts Now if I want to write using a pen which I use a lot since Windows and now in Windows to make Windows properly recognize the hand-writing one always first has to adjust the input language or else Windows recognizes only garbage This is already annoying enough It would be much better if one could teach Windows to recognize multiple languages e g on my Android table this works perfectly But - even more annoying - this input language adjustment also switches the keyboard layout i e if I switch to using the keyboard after having written MS doesn't understand pen and keyboard input... :-( something with the pen in German the keyboard is also switched to the German layout which regularly drives MS doesn't understand pen and keyboard input... :-( me nuts and forces me to edit or reenter stuff Why is there no option to change the recognition language ONLY for pen input but leave the keyboard layout ALWAYS the same This indicates to me that MS has no real clue how their users are actually using their systems Is there really no bilingual employee within MS using the English International keyboard for typing and inking in two or more languages

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35687-ms-doesnt-understand-pen-keyboard-input.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys,

I'm trying to fix a friend's computer. She called me over and her HP Pavilion was on HP's BIOS-ish blue screen. The options were to enter Setup, etc. She said she couldn't do anything, meaning get past that screen, so I figured the keyboard (PS/2) was dead. I disconnected and reconnected the keyboard, but nothing happened. I went home and brought my keyboard (also PS/2) over, which also didn't work. I didn't want to open up the chassis without knowing if I definitely have to, as I've never come across this problem before.

My main guess is that I need to change the position of one of the jumpers or maybe the battery. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Stuck in Bios, Can't Get Keyboard Input

why dont you try a usb keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-bios-cant-get-keyboard-input.802998/
Relevancy 51.17%

During the installation stages of windows 8, I choose English language and US as keyboard input method. But after few weeks later, I bought a new British style keyboard and in control panel I replaced US method with English (United Kingdom). While I'm logged into the operating system the input method works correctly, but after every shutdown on a next user log in when I'm writing my password it's still English US method that not corespondent with the keys on the keyboard. This not happening if I put the system in sleep mode.

A:Windows 8 keyboard input method

Hi masinovozac, welcome to Windows EightForums!

In PC Settings check to see if UK input is set to primary.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/51787-windows-8-keyboard-input-method.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm having a problem with the interactions between the mouse and keyboard and the computer. When using the scroll wheel, the webpage that I'm viewing will begin to zoom in and out. Clicking the scroll wheel usually fixes the issue. Sometimes I will left click to open a shortcut and receive the properties box, so in order to open anything I have to right click and use the open option. Sometimes clicking on anything will result in the File option opening at the cursors location and refuse to leave, instead just flickering. Keyboard works for awhile and then refuses to respond correctly, opening dialog boxes, not responding, etc.

Reinstalled all drivers, rebooted system, cleaned the inside of the computer, tried other mice and keyboards all with the same effect.

A:Keyboard/Mouse Input Issue

Go into the mouse properties window and see if the scrolling wheel is set to "Universal Scroll"(or something like that) and not set to "Zoom".

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-mouse-input-issue.743792/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am having this weird problem When i causing Keyboard App freeze input try to use keyboard whatever is open in front of me hangs Be it the file explorer start menu office etc And Description says quot A problem caused this program Keyboard input causing App freeze to stop interacting with windows quot Keyboard input causing App freeze This problem is random and occurs few times every day When i restart the system it becomes ok for a while but then again the same No recent change in drivers or windows copy Using the exact same copy since years and no problem Have reinstalled times and still end up with same problem Problem doesn't go away even after fully updating the windows I have tried running sfc scannow but it didn't find anything Though system ran fine all day after running this command but next day the same Tried uninstalling Keyboard USB root hub drivers and restart but no result again And yeah on windows everything runs fine and stable Problem is only in Windows A shot for example

A:Keyboard input causing App freeze

As long as i don't use keyboard, everything works nice and stable.
A quick googling shows this ApphangB1 issue is faced by many people. I wonder why i am facing it all of a sudden after so many years of smooth sailing with 7.

A full report from hang when tried to type something in start menu.

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4
Hang Signature: 1464
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 1464218bd39880a5f084580160e63a27
Additional Hang Signature 2: 0fd5
Additional Hang Signature 3: 0fd503679453becbed7675dae837edbf
Additional Hang Signature 4: 1464
Additional Hang Signature 5: 1464218bd39880a5f084580160e63a27
Additional Hang Signature 6: 0fd5
Additional Hang Signature 7: 0fd503679453becbed7675dae837edbf

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/358351-keyboard-input-causing-app-freeze.html
Relevancy 51.17%

So I was hoping somebody on here has resolved this issue before and can offer some advice...

I have a Soyo motherboard and apparently some ***** yanked the keyboard out of the ps2 input too quickly and I believe that the black middle pin is stuck in the port. I have no desire to solder a new port on this board because I would probably mess it up even more. A new motherboard is not an option either.

So, does anyone have any tips or ticks on how to get the offending piece out of the input? P.S. I can't use a USB Keyboard because I have the "USB Keyboard Support" turned off in the BIOS. Also I can't boot into XP either because I have the bios setup to halt on errors. I Have to hit the "F1 Key", which I can not do. THANKS!

A:Keyboard pin stuck in PS2 input on motherboard

Try At Your Own Risk!

Just a suggestion (AKA, try at your own risk!), get a toothpick and put a dab of super glue on the end. Then stick it on the broken off piece. Make sure not to get any on the rest of the port. Most super glue will instantly bond with plastic and you only need to put a tiny, tiny, tiny amount on the toothpick. Once it dries, should be about 20 seconds, pull it out. If that doesn't work, get a really big hammer and pull a Tim Allen on it! :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-pin-stuck-in-ps2-input-on-motherboard.19280/
Relevancy 51.17%

I hope I'm not wasting your time here as I'm not positive this is a virus malware keylogger whatever issue but I came here knowing you're all knowledgeable in this and Game lag. input(mouse/keyboard) hoping you could at least cross this as an issue off the list Recently I've had issues I've actually only played Borderlands and Dragon Age Origins to test this with my input being lagged or delayed not sure how to put it Basically if I'm standing still looking around everything is fine however when I start moving my character once I release the button whether it be the movement keys or the mouse button while looking around it carries on for anywhere from to seconds I've tried many different game performance things such as Vsync and Mouse Smoothing etc Anyways I'm STILL waiting on the RootRepeal to finish boy this has taken all day but I'm hoping the DDS may lead to something while I wait Thanks in advance EDIT I added a HijackThis log for a bit more info until this RootRepeal is done DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by glen at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA Game input(mouse/keyboard) lag. AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts Game input(mouse/keyboard) lag. wlcomm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system msiexec Game input(mouse/keyboard) lag. exe C Documents and Settings glen Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun CTFMON E... Read more

A:Game input(mouse/keyboard) lag.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269021/game-inputmousekeyboard-lag/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
I am trying to reuse a old HP Compaq machine as a CCTV server using iSpy: Open Source Camera Security Software.

Whenever I boot up the machine, everything is normal, UNTIL I get to the (Windows 9x style) login page, when mouse and keyboard do not work.

The keyboard works fine in the BIOS, but the mouse can't be tested.

I have a Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1a CD.
The OS on the HP is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.

I am without broadband, using a dongle to rely on for internet, so ISOs and torrents are a big no no.

This is using a wireless keyboard and a wired mouse, both USB. As I said above, the keyboard works fine in the BIOS. Both keyboard and mouse work on a Windows 8.1 machine, so I know it is the computer's problem.
Any ideas? Thanks,
-Errordotlog

A:Keyboard and mouse input not working

UPDATE : Found "HP Restore CD", but the computer does not recognise it. BIOS says "No IDE drive found"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-and-mouse-input-not-working-820778.html