Windows Support Forum

Hack wifi network

Q: Hack wifi network

Can anyone tell me how i hack my college wifi password.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hack wifi network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Hack wifi network

This is also closed
obviously you only want advice on illegal matters so we don't want you as a member
you are now banned permanently

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hack-wifi-network.1157222/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
i`ve heared a lot of hacking wifi passwords and i wonderd is that ever possible or it is just a joke???

A:Is It Possible To Hack Wifi's Passwords?

It's easy if you're not using WPA2 with AES encryption. If you are, and with a long password including random number/charaters/shifts/number shifts (for both admin account and network access), then nobody is going to guess the password, unless the NSA is after you lol.

If you're only using WEP, it can be hacked in a figurative blink of an eye, especially from a Linux machine with proper tools (even if you hide SSID and filter MAC addresses.)

What can be done to a certain extent still, is man-in-the-middle type of attacks. You're average wannabe teenage hacker is never going to be able to accomplish this. You'd have to have a serious enemy - my point is - don't worry.

Many routers have intentional backdoors which is more troublesome than anything - but again - the average general public is unaware.

For those that are of extreme paranoid type, which is unnecessary to be - there is professional solution known as RADIUS. Places like banking institutions and the like deploy this.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41819-possible-hack-wifis-passwords.html
Relevancy 58.48%

how to crack a wifi password?

A:wifi password hack

Dhruvz said:

how to crack a wifi password?Click to expand...

please read the site rules
Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

closing this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-password-hack.1107332/
Relevancy 56.33%

Defcon: New Hack Hijacks Application Updates Via WiFi

Researchers will release a tool that lets attackers replace application updates with malware

The lesson(s) to be learned are severalfold, either:
1) Don't use WiFi to get application updates, or
2) Only ever download applications (and its updates) that the developer distributes a public key and signs every binary with their own private key, or
3) Only update applications w/VPN over WiFi.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/defcon-new-hack-hijacks-application-updates-via-wifi.848284/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys, I recently bought a computer off of my friend. He told me before hand that the wireless internet didn't work on the computer's main adapter, but he gave me an external usb adapter that lets me go online. He told me that he screwed up the computer's wifi by trying to hack his neighbor's internet. There was a weird program called hamachi which i think may have something to do with it. He can't remember what he did to mess it up. Is there anything you guys can recommend that could help me out?
Thanks,
James

Edit: I'm running windows 7 64 bit and the computer is a laptop

A:My friend broke my wireless adapter by trying to hack a neighbor's wifi

Just do a Reinstall of Windows 7 that came with the laptop.  If your friend did not give you the restore DVD's, contact the computer manufacturer, and they can send you a set for around $25.

You are allowing yourself to be open to anything that your friend may have planted on that machine, to eavesdrop on you, or even have it loaded with so much malware, that you definitely want to do a clean install, before you use it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520384/my-friend-broke-my-wireless-adapter-by-trying-to-hack-a-neighbors-wifi/
Relevancy 52.89%

how?
it just zapped right into my well secured [I thought] ap....

A:How did 8 hack into my network?! No PW entered....

WIFI connection?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/8603-how-did-8-hack-into-my-network-no-pw-entered.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok I know a gyu who rcently told me a hack breached his home network...there was evidance of alteration , cell phone hacking and tv hacking. my question is two day after I fixed his pc his phone, his time warner box and his cable box all suffered dmage enough to warent replacment and his tv's are all tv that can be online and all three of them ahave their settings somehow locked, is it possible for a hacker to do such things once they have gain accesss to only one pc on your network?

A:Hack home network

I fixed his pc

You fixed this how?

I think you may need expert help, Somebody more versed in Windows will reply shortly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559056/hack-home-network/
Relevancy 52.89%

Friends thanks for your help The last time you or someone tried to help we were stopped by our Hijack This' inability to open or view my host file I am dealing with a long standing infection that has removed my control from my registry where I have found many suspicious files too numerous to mention And when I try to delete these files like IE I get a message saying 'certain values cannot be deleted' And I ran Kaspersky's rescue disc which found at least eight instances of 'Trojan Arc BZ' And claimed to remove it But it also showed a yellow caution sign that read 'DIsABLED' on the KRD report I Bad Hack? Trojan network or have reformated this Windows Home Premium Pavillion desktop wired through a Linksys e router with wireless disabled over twenty times trying to change things delete suspicious things to no avail Windows Update recently downloaded something called Windows Wireless Router Module which I immediately disabled Some of my passwords have been changed without my knowledge I have a Windows workstation listed on my computer properties sheet I have used every popular antivirus program but based on my observation they are all rendered useless in the registry I am desperate to resolve this problem which has been going on for years It almost seems as if my some unknown person knows what I am doing and negates my Bad Trojan or network Hack? efforts I have Bad Trojan or network Hack? good reason to think that the addition of an NT side by side has made my PC a client computer on an unknown network I need help and will cooperate fully to regain control of my computer Thank you for reading this I'll wait

A:Bad Trojan or network Hack?

Hello, judging from what you have done I would suspect a boot sector infection. We need a deeper look at the machine. Please repost the above info with a DDS log from here. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516379/bad-trojan-or-network-hack/
Relevancy 52.46%

my friend came over last week with his laptop and asked for my network password so he could connect to my wireless network. he is a computer engineer so he knows a lot more about comps than i do. he even jokes about hacking me. but just recently my dvd rom drive has been opening by itself. could this be his doing?also here is a link to hijackthis log:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201015/i-think-ive-been-hacked/

A:Is It Possible To Hack With Wireless Network Password?

At any time when you believe your password may have been compromised, you should change the password.

Even if you have given out your password for some legitimate purpose to someone who should be trustworthy, it's sensible to change the password after the purpose is accomplished. The password could accidentally become known to a third party for example.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201019/is-it-possible-to-hack-with-wireless-network-password/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have recently moved into a new apartment and I currently do not have the internet in my house right new due to my income. However there are 10 networks available that are full strength that I would like to get onto. I do not have linux on my machine and really do not want to have dual operating systems either. I have not found a WEP hacking software that works with windows vista. any help???

A:Hack a WEP encrypted network in windows???

Please read the forum rules. We will not assist with illegal activities.

Thread closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hack-a-wep-encrypted-network-in-windows.690905/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was looking up NBA pictures on the internet but when I clicked into one about an quot ex-NBA now homeless quot link a virus notification popped up My dos Hack intrusions Wscript.exe Network 360 Norton command screen Wscript.exe Norton 360 intrusions Network Hack popped up then someone joined my network I shut off my internet and did a virus scan but nothing popped up Norton history stated that I allowed wscript exe and invited someone to my network I marked the intruder but did not know how to correct wscript exe I noticed when I did a search on my computer that the last wscript modified said wscript exe prefech or something to that nature I deleted the file I did a spyware scan but nothing popped up My Wscript.exe Norton 360 intrusions Network Hack Norton kept stating that it was blocking an intruder That s when I came to this site I followed the directions but I could never complete gmer it would lock up I did the malware scan and it showed koob virus and adaware I was finally able to run gmer but only in safe mode Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated I m prepared to do a full restore if I have too but at last resort Thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by king at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E FW Norton enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exesvchost exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system lxdccoms exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEF Program Files Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXEC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC WINDOWS sttray exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeF Program Files Network Magic nmapp exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXEC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXEF Taddy s Music iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi AutoMode Switcher CTSMode exeC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings king Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp att my yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp toolbar inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid tb id amp languagemDefault Page URL hxxp att yahoo commSearch Page hxxp att my yahoo com mStart Page hxxp att my yahoo com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p sBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Inter... Read more

A:Wscript.exe Norton 360 intrusions Network Hack

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:netsvcsmsconfigdrivers32 /all%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll%systemroot%\*. /mp /s/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32ahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sysuser32.dllws2_32.dll/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AUCREATERESTOREPOINTClick the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.In your reply, please post both OTL logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330355/wscriptexe-norton-360-intrusions-network-hack/
Relevancy 51.6%

The US government has charged hackers over the largest ever hacking case in financial history.
The US Court of the Southern District of New York has charged three men accused of hacking into many financial institutions, including JPMorgan Chase that, according to the officials, was "the largest theft of user data from a U.S. financial institution in history."
JPMorgan Chase is one of the world's biggest banks that controls total assets worth more than $2.59 Trillion.
The three men, including Gery Shalon, Ziv Orenstein, and Joshua Samuel Aaron were charged with 23 counts, including hacking, identity theft, securities fraud, and money laundering, among others.
Read more : http://thehackernews.com/2015/11/jpmorgan-chase-hack.html?m=1

A:JPMorgan Hack — Three Men Charged in Biggest Bank Hack in History

Still waiting for bankers to be charged for the 2008 financial crisis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595986/jpmorgan-hack-three-men-charged-in-biggest-bank-hack-in-history/
Relevancy 51.17%

hello all I have recieved from yahoo Account Hack, Email or Virus? Hack, Server to my gmail account a work from home newslocal spam Email Account Hack, Server Hack, or Virus? email that was sent by a biz partner Email Account Hack, Server Hack, or Virus? s yahoo account Unfortunately it looked just like an email that this person would send concerning various news and such otherwise I would have never clicked the link So I saw the page and deemed it immediately to be spam I closed the page However soon after one of my secondary accounts this one is yahoo started sending out the same spam mail My initial question is does anyone here have previous experience with this Is it a hack on the yahoo servers a hack on my account or is it from a downloaded virus I have good AV I ran a scan and found nothing However i realize that this isnt I have already changed my account passwords at yahoo and I dont allow my PC to save passwords I have not added any logs at this point because I dont want to waste anyones time if the TSG experts already know it is not an issue with my PC However I will of course add a log here if it is needed I have researched it for many hours and so far no one seems to agree so I came here since my past experience is that the people who help on these forums are top notch Thanks in advance for any available help in this matter nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I now Script Hack on at Help! Home wits - Java end! Network have computers to fix and have been spinning my wheels for two weeks I have to be able to get some work done My editor's gonna kill me I had started a thread here and Netghost was kind Help! Java Script Hack on Home Network - at wits end! to help me but I'm getting nowhere with this and I can't afford to spend much more time on it - literally It started around my birthday on the nd when I noticed our home network wifi got thrown Public I started researching but couldn't find the cause so I downloaded Waveshark It showed constant problems from a specific IP and in Expert Comments it said to block it So I logged Help! Java Script Hack on Home Network - at wits end! onto my router to do just that Help! Java Script Hack on Home Network - at wits end! Apparently that was the wrong thing to do because my router web was spoofed and they got my password I never leave it on the default Things went from bad to worse after that On my XP desktop I noticed some odd behavior and started reading the Event logs They said an unknown program made changes to MacAfee I'd close an event log to read another and the one I just closed would disaapear I tried almost every process researched high and low here but the only thing I ever found was Conduit on my son's account with his gaming downloads a trojan that was simiar to Hook in the name I think it's been awhile and my dad's computer was just full of crap with outdated software and old antivirus I got to the point where I was able to backup my data and said at least on my laptop I'm reformatting and reinstalling It got reinfected before I could download Windows updates I had Defender and the Firewall going after the reinstall the minute I hit the network - BAM My mom got me a new laptop for my b-day and it arrived a couple of days ago I even bought a hotspot so I wouldn't have to get on this network so I could fire it up and get updates and make sure it was locked up tighter than a drum I downloaded Chrome and logged into my account to get this stuff and - BAM Infected - brand new computer infected Well at least I don't have to worry about backing up data on it I didn't have a chance to use it Reformatted and reinstalled times now and it's still infected Malware and Antivirus on everything can't find anything any more But I downloaded BitDefender and every so often I check it I'll find the firewall turned off completely and ports open on my network I thought it was a corrupted setting in Chrome - but I'm wondering if it's the D drive or reserved drives that I can't reformat - at least Windows won't let me but I'm trying to figure out a way around that Okay that's the backstory sorry it's so long winded but I know you guys need info so I'm doing my best here My old laptop is the one I just did the reports on Should I start a separate thread for the new one or just take 'em one at a time in this thread It is an HP Pavillion g - se laptop Windows home bit AMD A APU with GB ram I just reformatted and reinstalled around the th I dumped Chrome and am now using Avant I hardly ever ever use IE At the time of the first infection I had Defender Windows Firewall and Malwarebytes Pro running and updated I also have a firewall on the router - the original one was a NetGear dual band but in the middle of this I bought a new Linksys E because I thought its firewall was better HAH I have my router set up so only approved Mac addresses can log onto the wireless Double HAH This thing logs on even when I have the wireless disabled Okay I'm rambling - sorry - here's the logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Kathryn Loch at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Bitdefender Antivirus Disabled Updated A D -CED -F B- E- D AF A D SP Bitdefender Antispyware Disabled Updated F C-E EC-F E - D E- A D A E FW Bitdefender Firewall Enabled A FD- B -F - C - E F EF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows s... Read more

A:Help! Java Script Hack on Home Network - at wits end!

UPDATE NEW INFORMATION!!!

I didn't mean to change anything but it did! I wanted to continue reformatting and reinstalling on my new laptop. Since I can't connect to the internet with it yet, I used my old laptop to download everything and burn to disk.

I found a nifty program called Key Scrambler that's supposed to defeat key loggers. I also got Folder Lock and just for fun on my old laptop tried it out and locked some key files I know the hack has been using. Put the shoe on the other foot so to speak. I also downloaded Sandboxie which I've used plenty in the past and Opera. Then I burned everything to disk and transfered it to my new laptop.

On my new laptop I found the actua VBA script of the hack!

I also found what looks like to be a list of victims. The hackers are selling their info online. I made copies of all I found but I was exhausted last night so decided to wait and post the new info today. When I fired up my old laptop to jump online Malwarbytes took off like usual, complained because I wasn't connected to the net but did it's scan. I didn't think twice. It scans all the time and finds nothing.

This time it found a bunch of stuff.

It found bitcoin miners run.vbs, spyware online games and TWO ransomware programs kasper_zaebal.exe and rdb.bat. But I don't think my files are encrypted, I was able to pull up several directories but was afraid to do too much that I might trigger something. It also found Spyeyes - bootstart.exe, Banker - suchost.exe, Agent crssrs.exe, Agent msnfiled.exe, Agent dfc.exe, Agent - statu.bat.

Is it seeing the Key Scrambler and Folder Lock incorrectly? Or did it find it because I downloaded Sanboxie to put on my new computer and Sanboxie works in association with Malwarebytes. I'm not sure. I didn't want to log on with my laptop because while I have backups, I think the hackers have been syphoning my online backups and I'm trying to figure out if they got where they need to be. That's coming up next.

So there's the updated info!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529876/help-java-script-hack-on-home-network-at-wits-end/
Relevancy 51.17%

Where to begin I am not sure My network has been compromised for months now and I have been trying to figure out on my own who it is and how to keep them out I I "Someone" think my various tools Script Windows Using and is Network!!! and Java Hack to am ready to waive the white flag as it has wrecked I think "Someone" is Using Windows and Java Script and various tools to Hack my Network!!! so much havoc in my life I can t even begin to I think "Someone" is Using Windows and Java Script and various tools to Hack my Network!!! describe to you the fall out and the paranoia I know that someone is in my network as I have seen physical changes on my machine ie files downloaded that I haven t downloaded my email has been gone through regardless of how many times I have changed my password etc etc My event I think "Someone" is Using Windows and Java Script and various tools to Hack my Network!!! logs have always looked odd to me and at one point when I noticed another computer mentioned as a quot host quot computer I checked it out and sure enough it was hosting and appeared to be reporting out to a pie in the sky server somewhere When I started pinging Ip addresses a couple days later out of nowhere my computer got a quot black DOS quot screen Fried hard drive they said computer was less than months old I guess it s possible but highly unlikely considering I wasn t having prior problems Got my laptop back good as new got that other quot host quot computer off premise completely and everyone wiped their machines in the house and we reset the router and thought we were good as new WRONG We are networked again and my Windows Media Player is reporting to a local on remote port to and local port It took me weeks to discover what files and what user was being used to orchestrate all of this but I finally did I could go on and on to the extent I think this monitoring goes but you would think I was insane I am DESPERATE for help with two things Where is this reporting to and who owns this server and how can I secure my network from this continuing to happen I have much much more info than I have mentioned here I just don t want to drag on forever Below is the results of this Hjk this log not sure if that is going to help as I have run several scans on different programs nothing is ever found as most of what is on my computer isn t quot spyware quot per se But I will mention this morning I woke up to the bug explorer exe in my machine I couldn t get into my control panel or directories drives and then my desk to started to degrade I finally got my Ccleaner to run and somehow got some program to launch through there and found the folder and deleted it and was able to get on with my work for the day Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLocker x mwlDaemon exeC Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files x EgisTec Egis Software Update EgisUpdate exeC Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exeC Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exeC Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files x Acer Acer Assist AcerAssist exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW a z i t a oR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW a z i t a oR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW a z i t a oR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM ... Read more

A:I think "Someone" is Using Windows and Java Script and various tools to Hack my Network!!!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315820/i-think-someone-is-using-windows-and-java-script-and-various-tools-to-hack-my-network/
Relevancy 51.17%

Microsoft is warning of an attack that could be used to divert someone's web traffic through a malicious proxy server. Applications such as Internet Explorer use the Web Proxy Automatic Discovery (WPAD) protocol to find a file that enables a browser to configure its proxy settings. However, it's possible to plant a configuration file that would route traffic through a malicious proxy...pcadvisor.co.uk

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86157/windows-network-hack-uncovered-with-wpad-files/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 46.01%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 44.72%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 41.28%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows help wifi network no SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXEC PROGRAM FILES MYSOFTWARE MYINVOICES TRACKER EXEC PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXEC PROGRAM FILES AWS WEATHERBUG WEATHER EXEC WINDOWS RunDLL exeC PROGRAM FILES PARSONS TECHNOLOGY SCREEN SHOT SSHOT EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MYSOFTWARE NEWSFLSH EXEC PROGRAM FILES U S ROBOTICS G WLAN USRWLANG EXEC help no network wifi WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEF USRSETUP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXEO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLLO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG avgcc exe startupO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Tracker C Program Files MySoftware MyInvoices tracker exeO - HKLM Run eDonkey quot C PROGRAM FILES EDONKEY EDONKEY EXE quot -tO - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Weather C PROGRAM FILES AWS WEATHERBUG WEATHER EXE O - HKCU Run Taskbar Display Controls RunDLL deskcp dll QUICKRES RUNDLLENTRYO - Startup Screen Shot lnk C Program Files Parsons Technology Screen Shot Sshot exeO - Startup MySoftware NewsFlash lnk C Program Files Common Files MySoftware NewsFlsh exeO - Startup U S Robotics g Wireless Network Utility lnk C Program Files U S Robotics g WLAN USRWLANG exeO - Extra context menu item Shorten URL - http www cjb net menuext htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmtrans htmlO - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLLO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLLO - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl activex EP ol v - - - cabO - DPF F D C -DB - CF- ECA- C FD C ActiveCGM Control - file C Program Files InterCAP ActiveCGM ActiveX Acgm cabO - DPF Tornado - http download games yahoo com games clients y t t x cabO - DPF DigiChat Applet - http digichat DigiClasses Client IE cab

A:help no network wifi

This log looks clean to me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5438/help-no-network-wifi/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am developing a 27,000 foot apartment building. I want them all to have internet access. Pricing isnt much of an issue but I would here all my options.

Relevancy 41.28%

We cannot connect to the wireless network when using 802.1x radius authentication after Windows10 november update. Do you have any idea for this situation? Thanks

Nexus 5 cihaz?mdan Tapatalk kullan?larak gönderildi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/802-1x-wifi-network.1160778/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I have a laptop with w pro with which I can connect to work using vpn either using lan or wifi from anywhere I want vpn using network wifi I also installed a laptop with w with vpn installed the same as with w Using lan I can connect to the network at work and do all I want to do but using wifi at home or anywhere else it sometimes connects eventually but mostly it doesn't and if it does connect I'm not able to see any of the servers in the network not even on ip address vpn using wifi network The internet connection with wifi is sometimes shown as limited even while it belongs to a private network Did some research on the internet and found that with w there were some problems reported with vpn which resulted in a hotfix from microsoft Bit anxious to apply because it was related to not Anyone have any clue or suggestions I would be obliged Regards Klaas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/vpn-using-wifi-network-914594.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have just updated Windows 7 in my DELL Vostro but now i cannot see any wifi network available and i have not the option in network communication devices at Control Panel.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a69d930-54d7-4f56-846b-c29bd9364abf/wifi-network-not-available?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I'm with Cogeco cable ISP and would like to use a wireless router. Cogeco tells me that they do not support wireless routers although a cable technician told me that D-Link WiFi routers work and LinkSys ones don't,

Can anybody tell me which wireless routers work with Cogeco?
and Where I can purchase one?

Thanks

A:WiFi Network

I suspect that almost any standard name brand router will work. There's nothing unique about their service, I suspect the tech just liked D-Link.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network.571789/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi bro, I have 2 pcs enable with two pci d-link dw510 desktop wireless adaptors, well i could able to connect two pcs and make lan and if one pc has internet of ethernet or some usb modem source i could able to share it to other, you understood me? any other source (must be rj45 or usb). My friend stays beside my house where he uses some wireless modem and lucky i could able to use his net comfortably with his permission using my pcs pci wireless adaptor(so my wireless adaptor is already engaged), my request is how shall i share or forward my first pc's net(already using wireless modem ) to another computer(since my 2nd pc doesn't sees my friends network[wireless modem])? please suggest me. help me solving this issue.

advanced thanks
sandy

Relevancy 40.85%

Hai,   I recently reinstall windows 7 on my laptop. Now it doesn't detect wifi networks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-network-not-detect/td-p/5826760
Relevancy 40.85%

i need some help with a wireless network problem I have a Kcorps router running off ntl cable broadband i have two p c s and a laptop in the house One of the p c s and my daughters laptop can log onto the internet The problem arises with the p c upstairs which i can t get to make a connection I bought the kcorps klg gold card to match the router network Wifi woes I originally had it upstairs on my p c because the signal wasn t strong enough for the MSI one which came with my motherboard It worked straight away great I put the MSI one in the kids p c downstairs which is about foot from the router The signal kept dropping and the connection with it I bought a db gain aerial which didn t Wifi network woes help So I experimented by putting my network card in the kids p c Which worked straight away with an excellent reception strength I went to a local p c parts supplier and was recommended and sold a high gain card which loaded o k went through the process of assigning the card to the network it repeatedly failed to connect I checked in device manager all was as it should be I ensured that my network was the one that the card was logging on as the automatic choice It could see the network but would still not communicate I bought through ebay as i could not source one via a dealer a second Kcorps gold klg network card the same as my original which i was assuming would do the business I followed the installation to the letter installing the software first then shutting down the p c Installed the card and started up the p c I went through the installation process as instructed by windows went into device manager there it was this device is working and there are no conflicts It came up there are more than one networks available I assigned my as the automatic one Signal strength very good but still it will not make a connection to the network so i can get online Everytime i have removed a card and installed a new one a number changes on the end of the card description device manager i m currenrly on I have tried different pci slots i have cleansed the registry before reinstalling the device driver for the card and still it will not communicate with the network Surely two network card could not be faulty Has anyone got any idea where i may be going wrong it s driving me crackers All the p c s are running windows x p p c s on xp pro and the laptop xp home I won t even dare ask how you get them all to see each other on the network that would just be too much Help anyone please i could end up bald at this rate nbsp

A:Wifi network woes

You may want to ask a Moderator to move this post to the Networking forum. You may get a faster and better response. To contact a Mod, click on the small triangle at the top right side of your post. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-woes.608418/
Relevancy 40.85%

Problem:
I have a Win7 PC connected to router through LAN. I have Win8 connected to router over WiFi. How to share files between them? Is it MS related or router related problem?
Workarounds:
If I connect Win8 through LAN, sharing is working.
Win7 can ping Win8, but entering in explorer \\IP I get common "you do not have permission...". Win8 can't ping Win7 at all.

I have searched a lot, found a lot of similar problems but none of them was mine and solutions didn't work.

A:Sharing on network between LAN and WiFi

Quote: Originally Posted by gacuxz

Problem:
I have a Win7 PC connected to router through LAN. I have Win8 connected to router over WiFi. How to share files between them? Is it MS related or router related problem?
Workarounds:
If I connect Win8 through LAN, sharing is working.
Win7 can ping Win8, but entering in explorer \\IP I get common "you do not have permission...". Win8 can't ping Win7 at all.

I have searched a lot, found a lot of similar problems but none of them was mine and solutions didn't work.

Is there more than one router in this network? Maybe a modem/router then another wireless router?

You shouldn't have any problems sharing between LAN and wireless unless they aren't using the same default gateway which points to a router configuration problem.

If you can post the .txt file that is created on your desktop by unzipping and then clicking on the ipconfig file, from both machines it would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316247-sharing-network-between-lan-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all
I have a Linksys WAG54GP2 in my house and a WRT54G in the garage. The two are connected together by a cable. What i want to do is make the wrt extend the wireless network that the wag54 is propogating so that there is only one network. At the moment there are two wireless networks on my property but i only want one.
Any questions/clarifications please ask!
Cheers
Allan

A:2 Routers, 1 Wifi Network

You really cannot connect two routers to each other, unless you have the ability to turn off the routing functionality on one of them to make it work like a simple switch. See if the adnin panel on either of them allows this type of reduced functionality operation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-1-wifi-network.114158/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all, just got a new labtop with a wireless card and I booted it up and I connected to a wireless network here at my home. It said that there are one or more of the connections available. So i hooked up to one. My question is, I wanted to find out how to see whos network it is as I want to tell them that thier WIFI network is not secure. Any commands I could run ect to see whos it is?
thanks

CUBE

A:Connected to WIFI network who's is it???

Even though you mean no harm just connecting to someone's network is illegal. Yes, I know they aren't being very smart, but if somebody leaves their front door open you can't assume you are welcome to walk in.

Since they set up the network without encryption, they probably know it's unprotected.

Your best bet is to just leave it alone. As you start to learn/use networks you'll soon enough see how you might be able to locate the source of the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-network-whos-is-it.372355/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Guys I've been having a weird wifi problem since last wifi network to connect Can't Friday For some reason my laptop can't connect Can't connect to wifi network to any Wifi network anymore Every time I try to connect I get the following messages - checking network requirements -Can't connect to this networkI've tried everything I found online and nothing worked -Uninstalling and Can't connect to wifi network reinstalling the wireless drivers Event with different versions - Did a windows system restore -Turning wireless driver on and off - Restore the computer to its factory state using the Lenovo OneKey recovery -Scan the computer with McAfee and Malwarebytes antimalware for any threat If I connect using ethernet everything works perfectly Computer Info -Lenovo G - -Model -Windows - bit-NIC Realtek RTL BE Wireless LAN n PCI-EI some how believe that this issue is related to some Windows update that messed up the wireless driver How ever I'm not sure if the updates are desinstall with the lenovo system restore Another thing that caught my atention is that if I go to Device Manager- gt Enter the properties of Realtek RTL BE Wireless LAN n PCI-E - gt Advance There are some missing Properties in the list like Network Address I'm not sure if that is important Please let me know if there is any other info you guys need Regards

A:Can't connect to wifi network

Hi
My wife has a Lenovo G50-45 with windows 8.1 64 bit and had an almost identical problem. A new Wi-Fi card fixed the problem.
Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589710/cant-connect-to-wifi-network/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi!
I've bought an Asus Q500a with Windows 8 64 bit. I have some problem with my WiFi network conection at home.
I can connect to other network, in other locations like mall, shops, but not at home.
The router is not mine , is not in my house and i can not acces it. I know only the password. The security .No authetification', encryption is WEP. In my house are another 2 PC with windows Vista and Win 7 and they are connected with no problems to the router.
On Win 8 i have the messsage 'No connectivity or limited connectivity'.
I spent a lot of time reading forum and trying solutions, but no change.
The WIFI driver is up to date. I've atached some priint screen with my WIFI status and details.
Please help me to solve my issue.
Thank you!

A:Wifi no network acces

Win8 computers sometimes don't play well with WEP. If that's the problem, then you are stuck. You could try "Troubleshoot problems" at Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center. And, you could try "Diagnose" at Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > right click the appropriate connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/18890-wifi-no-network-acces.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am not being able to connect to any of the wifi networks. When I try to connect it keeps saying "Can't connect to this network". I've tried searching solution for this in eightforum and Google but none worked. Things I did:
Forget network & tried reconnecting
Reset router
Uninstall/Reinstall/Update Network adapter drivers
Clean install windows 8

The last time I was able to connect to the network was a week ago.

I found that when I turn on hotspot in my android smartphone, my laptop gets connected to it. But I can't connect to any other wireless networks.

So guys can you help me resolve it?

A:[wifi] Can't connect to this network [Win 8]

Welcome to Eight Forums,

Just a little experiment to do.... if your laptop has a bluetooth try disabling it, that goes as well to the ethernet adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/64677-wifi-cant-connect-network-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have inspiron 15 with win 10. For some reason the system is not detecting the wifi that I would like to connect to. However It is showing other networks .. my phone is picking up the network.. but not laptop..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983998
Relevancy 40.85%

I was going through some settings on my computer when I stumbled on this..

I have no idea where this is from! There are no networks near me named that??

A:Strange WiFi Network

You can use a program like this: Who Is On My WiFi | Wiress Network Security Software to see if somebody is connected to your network. If intermittent, could be somebody with a phone or laptop close by. inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot can give you much broader number of WiFi APs arround.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38110-strange-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

ok i ll put it in short words now i have a wireless router a windows enabled Wifi network problem laptop It started like this Wifi network problem the router and the laptop were connected i started fiddling around by logging into the router via entered the user name and password and did some changes in the configuration like WPS key or something don t perfectly remember Then the router got restarted and suddenly it was network protected its asking me for a network key to log in i e the wep or wpa key The router has changed the SSID from Pronet to my Laptop s name like e g John s Laptop Network and also i forgot to mention there was a windows screen which had told me to remember a password like thing in a yellow background I know this part is hard to explain but it usually tells you to remember passwords like these when you enter a network like public or home So is there a way to find such passwords which win prompted like is it stored in the computer somewhere Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Iv e been looking at a laptop recently - Dell Inspiron - At one stage it was picking up all the networks and now it won t pick up any I have done many tests which says the wireless card is functioning normally and the WIFI indicater is swiched on Fn F I have changed it from windows vista to XP and still the problem remains I m suspecting it would be that the radio signal is jamming somehow but I don t understand how it could happen Would it be something wrong with the network card even though all tests says card Network - WIFI that it is working properly Or could it be something like a driver or software that could be causing the issue even though I m after WIFI - Network card switching the Operating Systems I would like to know before I go and purchase a new network card everything seems to be working fine only for the radio part of it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:WIFI - Network card

First, you need a way to verify the networks are available. You can't just assume a wireless network is available. So you need another PC or other hardware to verify the wireless network is working. Assuming it is working, the wireless card would appear to be faulty. As you've used two OS's, you've very likely ruled out an OS and driver issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-card.1002053/
Relevancy 40.85%

I would like to add another PC to my existing wifi home network. I use a Belkin wireless router connected directly to one PC via cable. I have a 2nd PC connected via wireless adapter (trendnet) in the back of the house. The 3rd PC, which I want to add, is about 6 feet away from the 2nd PC. Can I connect the 2nd and 3rd PC's with a cable or do I have to use another wireless adapter? I have an adapter but rather not use it if I don't have to. Would I have a problem with the adapters close to each other? I didn't hook up the original network so I need to know what to do.

Thanks,
Jim

A:Add PC to existing wifi network

Your choice. If you connect the PCs by ethernet you need a cross-over cable unless at least one of the ports is auto-sensing (MDI/MDIX). Then bridge the wireless and ethernet connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-pc-to-existing-wifi-network.745855/
Relevancy 40.85%

I m using Windows home premium -bit I m having this strange problem where when I try to visit https pages in Firefox I get the error message sec error untrusted issuer The certificate is only valid for bthomehub home I ll try and paste in the full error message next time I see it But this only ever comes up when I am connected to my home wifi - when I connect through wifi at university I get no only wifi sec_error_untrusted_issuer network on one problems Also when this does happen http pages do load but much slower than usual When attempting to access the same pages with Internet Explorer or Chrome I also get error messages about certificates I doubt this is a problem with the router or internet connection since I ve only experienced these error messages and slowness with my laptop - when accessing the internet through my phone on wifi at home I have no problems Also temporarily changing the wifi password and connecting under the new password i e kicking off everyone else from the network makes no difference so I don t think it s caused by any other computer at home I don t always get these error messages at home - sometimes I can browse the internet normally up until around am then the problems reoccur Other times sec_error_untrusted_issuer on only one wifi network the problems start as soon as I get home A few days ago I tried changing the SSID of my home wifi network then reconnecting under the new name This made the problems go away However yesterday I tried doing the same thing again and it made no difference I have also tried deleting and re-adding my home wifi network under Manage wireless networks in control panel but this made no difference I ve seen other posts about this error message saying that it can be caused by incorrect time date settings I ve checked and mine are set correctly I ve also tried starting the computer in safe mode with networking - this made no difference AVG has picked up at least one virus I also ran Microsoft Security Essentials and that found more Adaware then found nothing but after seeing a similar post on here I ran ComboFix It said it removed something but the problem is still here I have also run the programs requested in the stickied thread So does anyone have any other suggestions for fixing this Thanks Edit Forgot to mention - I ve tried doing a system restore back to before the problems started but it gave an error message and didn t work Combofix ComboFix - - - Toby - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT Running from c users Toby Desktop ComboFix exe AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c programdata FullRemove exe C Recycle Bin c windows system drivers etc hosts ics c windows SysWow muzapp exe Infected copy of c windows SysWow userinit exe was found and disinfected Restored copy from - c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-userinit bf ad e none de ff userinit exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates A EEEE - E- F -A B - F D F E offreg dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates Backup mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates A EEEE - E- F -A B - F D F E mpengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users temp - - - - ------w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates DA CE-A A- F-A -B CDDAE gapaengine dll - - - - ------w- c windows system MpSigStub exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Microsoft Security Client - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Microsoft Security Client - - -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sec_error_untrusted_issuer-on-only-one-wifi-network.1047825/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey guys,

1. So I bought a tp-link wifi usb 2.0 adapter..

2. I also have my internal wifi .. (laptop)

3. I have used the command : "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" (and the other command that sets up a wireless network.. with passwrod etc..)

4. How do I correctly force use my 2nd wifi adapter (the tp-link wifi usb) for the one that actually creates the hotspot..? It seems to only create a virtual wifi adapter and share internet from that..

but I want to share from my 2nd tp-link usb wifi .. I want that one to have the hotspot that my phone etc can join.

Hope this makes sense..

thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69473-2-wifi-hosted-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I just upgrade my motherboard, CPU and RAM, reactivated Windows 10 and installed updates. Downloaded a couple more programs this morning and then the internet quit on me. I have two other computers on this wifi network and both have internet so I know that's OK. I have run the diagnostic and it tells me that "the default gateway is not available" What the heck does that mean and how do I resolve this please?

The stupid thing is that every so often the icon shows that I have internet but when I open my browser (Firefox) it won't link to any sites.

A:Network, erratic wifi

Originally Posted by canuck257

I just upgrade my motherboard, CPU and RAM, reactivated Windows 10 and installed updates. Downloaded a couple more programs this morning and then the internet quit on me. I have two other computers on this wifi network and both have internet so I know that's OK. I have run the diagnostic and it tells me that "the default gateway is not available" What the heck does that mean and how do I resolve this please?

The stupid thing is that every so often the icon shows that I have internet but when I open my browser (Firefox) it won't link to any sites.

Try this:

In Device Manager, right-click on the NIC and select Properties. Then go to the Power Management tab, and uncheck the box that says "let computer turn off to save power". See if that makes a difference.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37452-network-erratic-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, since few weeks, when I click on Network Icon on my desktop, it open very slowly, after 2-3 minutes, and then when I transfer files in the LAN through WiFi this often interrupt the network and I have to start it again.
Anyone can help me?
I also re install the card driver, but still the same.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-network-problem-444747.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there,
first timer here. The wifi icon shows me connected to my network, but the net & email will not display. I can get online directly connected to the modem, but our router a belkin doesn't cooperate. (3 laptops connected to a router, the desktop also connected). I pinged the ip address, and it came back fine, but the dynamic & static doesn't. What am I missing? I had thought I was intermediate, but perhaps a little lower on the knowledge scale.

Relevancy 40.85%

In the Oct 8, 2009 issue of the Windows Secrets newsletter, Fred Langa addressed the question: Who's sneaking onto your Wi-Fi connection?
The article is in the paid edition of the newsletter, so I'm not going to repeat it. However, his advice boils down to using the web interface to check with the router.

More -
Who's connected to your WiFI network? - Computerworld Blogs

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/252106-whos-connected-your-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi. Every now and then (mostly overnight) my Canon MG5350 needs to be rebooted because the computer doesn't see it over wifi. Doing so resolves it every time. I assumed it was a printer issue and just put up with it.
However I'm now also getting the same issues with my time machine and a remote mac that I want to connect to occasionally. Is this likely to be a setting in my router? The router itself doesn't seem to sleep. It's a TP-Link N600.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-dropouts-over-wifi-help-4611046/
Relevancy 40.85%

I need some help here Basic Info Laptop Toshiba Satellite A WIFI Win XP GHz AMD processor MB RAM Modem Router Wire HG-B I just got DSL after years of Dial-up patience I got the modem Not Connecting Network WIFI to wireless router combination The two are in one WIFI Not Connecting to Network The modem is a Wire HG-B I believe that I have the modem router set up properly It is receiving DSL just fine and the LAN-based connection with my laptop works wonderfully The problem I believe is with my laptop When I look at the available wireless connections the network provided through my router shows up It is called quot WIRE quot and the signal is bars excellent However I am unable to connect to it It says in the quot Wireless Network Connection quot box that for this WIFI Not Connecting to Network network the laptop is set up to connect automatically However it is not connecting When I go to the command prompt and type in IPCONFIG ALL I get the following ------------------------ Windows IP Configuration Host Name LAPTOP Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - D-B -DE- Ethernet adapter WIFI Not Connecting to Network Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card Physical Address - - D-BB- B- E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server ---------------------- When I got to my desktop which works fine with the router and type IPCONFIG the desktop s IP address is and the gateway for the router shows up as If I manually enter into the laptop the IP address of x x being any value between and except for I still get no gateway address showing up I was using WEP and had all of the WEP keys entered the same I just switched it to WPA and still get nothing Just a reminder that I am fairly new to the world of wireless networking so maybe I have overlooked something or done something wrong Anyway I can t think of anything else to do If something needs clarification please let me know But if someone can help I would be very grateful Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

i have windows 10, and using an hp laptop.there are 3 networks and i can only see #1 and 3. i can't find or see the #2 network. but my phone can see #2 network and other laptop can see it too.at this point im sure it is not related to the router as you can see others are able to connect or find that #2 network. hwoever my laptop can't. now what to do to fix this? I already tried uninstalling my driver and reinstalling it. also it is up to date. no option for roll back. what to do? help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-view-a-wifi-network-but-others-can/td-p/5847986
Relevancy 40.85%

Laptop not connecting to wifi network, but other devices are connecting. windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-connecting-to-wifi-network.1160773/
Relevancy 40.85%

hey there,                  I have active WIFI connection at my home. My Hp laptop gets connected to it. But sometimes itautomatically gets disconnected. And after sometime it get connected automatically. I am not understanding what the issue is. Can u suggest any solution for this??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/not-connecting-to-the-wifi-network-sometimes/td-p/5844710
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I?m new to these forums and am hoping for some enlightenment. My wifi at work will recognize the wireless network and says it?s connected. Yet there is no internet. So I use the Ethernet cable and internet works. My wifi connects immediately on my home wifi router with no issues. I had wireless working flawlessly last week, but all this week it won?t connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do you guys want me to do that ipconfig in DOS and post the results here?

A:Wifi has network but not connected.

Welcome to SF, America.

Your card is recognizing the wireless router, but the router is not connected to the Internet (I'm guessing). Unplug the wireless router, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in and test.

By the way, you didn't say if other workers could connect to the wireless router and get Internet access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115049-wifi-has-network-but-not-connected.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer is having trouble connecting to one single wifi network. I have other devices connected to the network, so I know it works, my laptop won't connect, though. I thought Windows 8 may have been the problem, but it will connect to any other wifi but this one. I looked through this thread http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1027100-laptop-wont-connect-one-particular.html but it wasn't particularly easy for me to understand.

I have already done the easy troubleshooting steps, such as turning airplane mode off/on, forgetting the network and re-signing in, etc.

Thank you for your help!

Relevancy 40.85%

hi,

I'm using win8 release preview. It shows available WiFi networks to me but when i try to connect it shows cannot connect.
I have tried reinstalling WiFi drivers in win 7 compatibility mode, after this step it connects to network for 2 min or so and then disconnects and doesn't allow me to connect again. This happens every time I reinstall my drivers.
what should I do? please help

thanks..

A:wifi network available but not connecting....

Bumping to say that I bought Windows 8 and it created this problem for me, where the release preview did not. Strange.

I can see my wireless network but not connect. I ran through all of the built in diagnostic tools to no avail. Device Manager said my drivers were up to date. My other devices can connect to wifi fine so I know the problem isn't with my router. Please help!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/8993-wifi-network-available-but-not-connecting.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,I have notebook HP 240 G3  with Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter. I am using OS Windows 10 64 bit. My problem is,that wifi networks doesn't shown on my laptop. I have to re-install the wifi driver after every boot to make it work, but it works only for that session, after re-boot same problem. Could you please tell me what should i do? Notes:1. UEFI test of wifi module shown passed.2. All drivers are up to date(wifi driver version: 5.0.57.0).3. I've already re-installed window, but no luck. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-network-issue/td-p/5657630
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi

I have a niggle that?s eating up some time.

I log to a wireless network at my apartment. Most of the time I use firefox for browsing.

From time to time the network cuts off, every 2 or 3 hours. Normally it will get back online once I reconfirm user name and password from the browser. Sometimes, at least once a day, it wont find the local server, shows website not found, and I have to reboot my system to get back on line.

I have tried manually entering the correct IP address for the server, but that did not work.

When I have tried to fix it myself I noticed that it often came up with a message saying that firefox was still open, but it was closed, so there must be some background activity. I thought possibly this is causing the problem.

Id be grateful of any ideas.

Simon

A:Firefox and wifi network

Does it happen if you are not using wireless (use ethernet cable to the router/modem)? Also does it happen if you are using other browsers like IE (or Opera or Safari)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-and-wifi-network-364362.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am having problemwith low wifi signals with my HP Laptop. bcm943142y........so i need a solution please.....and want the link from where i should download the correct driver

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/problem-with-low-wifi-network/td-p/5717839
Relevancy 40.85%

This is my first time ever posting a question online so I hope it gets resolved lol Anyways I have win on my pc connect to the Can't network!! wifi I kept it on the other night and went off to bed Next day I go to work and Can't connect to the wifi network!! come back at night I see my comp can t connect to the wifi which it is supposed Can't connect to the wifi network!! to So I went on to restore it thinking it ll solve the problem which it should have but again it didn t I thought I didn t have a good restore point so I reinstalled a fresh copy of win on my pc but still the comp doesn t connect to the wifi I live in a student house there are eight of us and no one is having a problem like me What changed that day was during the time i was out my friends brought the router on the first floor from the basement which is infect closer to my room I have no problems connecting my phone to the wifi and I reinstalled the whole is on my pc so I don t seem to figure out what could be the problem I have integrated wifi on in my cpu Please help me out I am going bonkers with this problem nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hey All new to the forum thanks for the replies in advance and I m sorry if Drops Network WiFi I m not explaining it in the correct terms WiFi Network Drops My issue seems to be with my computer Often when I am connected to my WiFi router my internet service and subsequent connection to the network drops inexplicably My computer will claim WiFi Network Drops it is no longer connected When I attempt to reconnect the computer claims it cannot The troubleshooter also cannot find an issue All the while other devices and computers on the network will be perfectly connected without interruption The only way to fix this is to actually go to the router reset it and wait This can happen within minute of being reset minute an hour or WiFi Network Drops sometimes days go by without it being an issue No rhyme No reason That I can find Other times my network will just slow down I ll see the connection drop from full signal to bars If I catch it then I can run the troubleshooter and everything will be restored although the message the computer returns is that there was no problem found Either this or if I turn off my wifi then turn it back on reconnect to my network boom speed restored This is driving me insane I can t seem to fix it Any help is appreciated as I am quite tired of having to march across the room - times every day to reset this Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-drops.1155555/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey guys..

So I bought myself a MyBook Live NAS few weeks back and I'm a little concerned about security when hooking this up on wifi, home network.
I get that you need a password for connecting to a WPA2 secure network, and that my home network shows for everyone in my routers reach, but does the NAS show up for my neighbours? Does the NAS itself need password protection?
Sorry if this has been covered on another post, but beeing new to the whole NAS thing, I have no idea how to search up this particular problem.

Michael

A:[HELP] NAS on home network through wifi..

Well you could always disable the broadcast of your network name (SSID) that way your casual computer user with a laptop can't see your network listed if they are in range. That added to a really strong password to get on the wireless network and you should be golden. ~Random alphanumeric strings work best for passwords, wifi is no exception~

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156776-help-nas-home-network-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Just like we connect two PCs using Ethernet port, I want to connect two PCs over WIFI. I am not talking about homegroup just to share files or folders. I want to share the whole computer and I will be using IP command to access connected computer <\\ip address>.

Is the solution adhoc network?
What are the security requirements to create such a connection?

A:Creating network over WIFI

Yes it's basically AdHoc or a hosted wireless network. You can set one up manually or use the connectify software which is easier to set up and can be made to connect on start up rather than setting it up manually each time.

The Internet, Faster - Connectify Hotspot and Dispatch

Windows 7 Tip of the Week: Use Wireless Hosted Networking to Share An Internet Connection Wirelessly | FAQ/Tip content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282980-creating-network-over-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all My Wifi isnt detecting WIFI not network detecting my home network Whats strange that WIFI not detecting network it happened on a turn off WIFI not detecting network on from the computer i did not install anything At first the network was detecting the home network but WIFI not detecting network wasnt able to connect meanwhile other devices a phone and a table could however now i cant detect any network mine or from neighbors which appear on my phone I ve tried to reboot the PC turn the card fn f on and off disabling the card on the device manager and i cant find the driver for it Its a notebook CCE Info Onix -B not sure if its a Brazilian trademark only anyway The card is a Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN Something else me is that on the device manager the name has a quot TEST quot at the end of the name not sure if its nomenclature only alsol theres a triangle with a on it indicating some issue which i dont know how to specify Any ideas to fix i can provide any necessary information Thanks nbsp

A:WIFI not detecting network

Try re-installing the driver.

Get the one that matches your version of Windows here :- http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...ownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#2781

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-not-detecting-network.1111920/
Relevancy 40.85%

I checked the forums but didnt see what Im asking directly covered first I am a complete newbie when it comes to wifi I just got a network wifi password used month old laptop when I click on the wifi icon I get the network screen then it searches and comes up with a couple of wireless networks I choose one of them and when I click on it another box open and asks for a network wifi network password key Every network I select asks for a key but I have searched the internet and cant really find out where to find the key Do I make up my own keys Also I want to be able to travel with it and not have wifi network password to make up keys everytime im in a new city or use a different wireless network So can someone please help me and tell me what I need to do Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a stupid question but Im at a loss nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I'm using an old Dell dim 4400 I had it set up with wireless internet I unplugged it the usb adapter for a few hours and plugged it back it in to connect now I cannot get it to connect again. All the other pc's are connected to the same wi-fi net. Any suggestions? By the way it's an old XP dell dim4400 pc if that matters. Not sure what info you'll need to assist so please ask

A:Can not reconnect to my wifi network...

what version of windows are you running? sounds like maybe a driver issue..? click start-->right click "My Computer"-->cilck properties-->hardware tab up top then device manager see under the "Network Adapters" (click the plus sign beside it to open it up (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE USB ADAPTER PLUGGED IN BEFORE YOU DO THIS) also download our system scan utility save it then run it and copy-paste the results here. click here to DL it http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-reconnect-to-my-wifi-network.1096141/
Relevancy 40.85%

I need some trouble shooting tips to help me figure out whats wrong First of all this is a Toshiba bad card going maybe? WIFI/Network P -S laptop Windows bit I have been having trouble with a weak wifi signal and poor connectivity Here is a test I did My back bedroom is about rooms away from my router in the back of the house In my room I have this laptop I ll call and another laptop also I ll call Both laptops used to get full bars excellent signal strength now has bars and fair strength and very poor speed and connectivity while still has a great signal and does great on speedtest net getting - Mbps download which is great If I run the speed test on it is variable from - Mbps download and sometimes looses connectivity and won t even WIFI/Network card going bad maybe? complete the test The problem has been getting worse over time If I take my lappy next to the router it is much improved but still doesn t get the speeds that it should I also tried plugging in a network cable directly into the router no wifi and it still is impaired Do I need a new wifi card in my lappy Would this effect it also when it s plugged in with a network cable P S I have already reinstalled the correct driver for the wifi and that did nothing for it nbsp

A:WIFI/Network card going bad maybe?

would you run xirrus and see what sort of signals you are getting please - see below

just and idea try

- try safemode with networking (sometimes wireless does not work with safemode )

For other windows version, XP,Vista, W7 as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode with networking - see if that works with better connection and speed - just in case something is interfering

It useful to know which program is controlling the wireless management, if this is a manufacturer or windows software

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try reseating the wireless adapter

If the adapter is easily accessible, usually through a cover on the bottom of the laptop.
Remove and reinsert carefully and firmly several times to cure any possible looseness or corrosion.
At the same time check to make sure the antenna leads are securely attached.
Note: This is not taking the machine apart. We do not recommend removing the keyboard when that is necessary to find the wireless.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
( the site now appears to require a business email, and does not allow webbased emails like gmail,hotmail or yahoo etc )

Use the links below

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+Prnt... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-card-going-bad-maybe.1127203/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there,

I bought today Lenovo Y50-70, it was without OS, so i installed windows 7 on it. Now im facing
problem, where at internet access there are no available wifi connections. So i installed WLAN driver from
the Lenovo support, also didn't help. I don't know much about drivers, but it seems that under device manager
-> Network Adapters is wireless network adapter or something like that missing and im out of ideas how to
fix it.
Btw, under network adapters are only bluetooth devices and my wireless usb device.

A:Network Adapter (no WiFi)

Tried Fn + F5?

Any option to enable/disable WLAN in BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371530-network-adapter-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Not sure if this the right place to ask but I need some help Okay for some reason I am unable to connect to my wifi network It was working fine Monday morning before I left for work but when I came back I got a message saying cannot connect Everyone else s laptops and tablets are working just fine It is just my laptop I ve been trying to fix it for the past few days but I ve gotten network. Can't to connect my wifi nowhere I tried everything I know to do I tried Trouble shooting Resetting amp unplugging the router Bringing back my laptop to an earlier date Checked amp changed the wifi name amp password I tried upgrading to windows though I went back to when it didn t work I even reset my laptop to its factory settings When I trouble shoot I get Can't connect to my wifi network. the following messages Cannot connect Try unplugging the router for seconds and try again Cannot connect to hidden network it s not hidden I been to the little router modem page for it and it says it is not my laptop just thinks it is Plus I can see it in my connection network list My laptop runs fine for the most part and it can connect via cable but I have to stay in the kitchen which is inconvenient for everyone My laptop is quite old though at least or years Might I need to buy a new one I d rather not if I can avoid it since like I said for the most part my laptop works fine nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-my-wifi-network.1166337/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi i have updated my opreating system from windows 8 to windows 10 everythink is working correctly but after i have updated my windows i cant use internet i have already checked driver in the control panel but isnt working !!! any solution i have alredy try to intsalled from hp official website drivres but its not working ....... 

A:hp 250 g3 wifi & network drivers

Here are few things which needs attention:1. What browser are you using.2. What website are you trying to browse.3. What type of connection are you using.4. Are you connected to the right connection.5. Are you browsing through Proxy or Firewall.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-250-g3-wifi-amp-network-drivers/td-p/5695353
Relevancy 40.85%

I cannot connect to certain wireless networks.

- I can connect for example to wifi at my University or a public network such as The Cloud and even BT Open zone, all of these direct you to a page to logon - these work fine.
- I cannot connect to any other network, even if it is an Open network.
- I have endlessly searched Google and tried everything suggested on forums like this - however they were other peoples problems - this is the first time I have made a post.
- I have eventually caved and restored my laptop to Factory settings. The problem persists.

I have attached screen shots showing the exact problem and error messages.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

- Connecting via cable works fine - I am using that method now.

A:Cannot connect to Wifi network - "Identifying Network"

Shaun, firstly: welcome to Sevenforums!

May I suggest downloading Revo uninstaller: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems and using it to remove your wireless driver and all bits of it. This is because the built in uninstaller doesn't often remove everything. Now go online (you mentioned connecting via LAN line works alright) and find your wireless adapter driver for your computer (should be on the manufacturer's website). Install it, enter the network password, and let me know if this solves the problem for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205060-cannot-connect-wifi-network-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey all!

Few days ago I got Acer V5-531. On this laptop, I can easily connect to wireless networks, but my home one. I could do it on my old laptop with no problems. How is it possible to solve this? It's getting quite annoying, especially knowing that this is the only network I can't connect to. In case with this network, it prompts password and then says "Unable to connect".

What have I tried

Air Mode is off
Updating/rolling drivers back
Resetting the router once (owned by neighbor, thus, I cant perform all maintenance on it)
router lights are on
pw is correct
wireless switch is on
What else can be done?
Thanks all!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17915-unable-connect-certain-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello, I have a E550 Thinkpad with windows 8.1 installed. The wireless network driver seems OK, intel Dual Band Wirless -AC 7265, the adapter is on but it can't discover any wireless networks. I checked the device manager for conflicts but there was non, I also checked the dreiver version and it's the latest. I can see other asapters in the control panel that I'm unaware of. These adapters don't uninstall not being disabled.They read as follows "WAN Miniport (IP)", "WAN Miniport (IPv6)", "WAN Miniport (L2TP)", etc ( I have 8 of them). Any Ideas what should be done to fix this issue ????

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E550-wifi-don-t-discover-any-network/td-p/3346164
Relevancy 40.42%

I'd like to add a new 802.11n WiFi router to my home network, one that comes with parental controls build into the router.

Just wondering if someone has a recommendation on a good make/model to buy?

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-wifi-router-for-home-network.1032032/
Relevancy 40.42%

i have a sneaking suspicion that i'm inadvertently causing a function action to shut off wireless. i'm in tablet mode so not sure. any ideas?
-
System

-
Provider

[ Name]
Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client

[ Guid]
{15A7A4F8-0072-4EAB-ABAD-F98A4D666AED}

EventID

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords
0x4000000000000001

-
TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]
2013-01-11T04:37:50.535301200Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-
Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel
Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client/Admin

Computer
samsung-tablet

-
Security

[ UserID]
S-1-5-19

-
EventData

HWLength

HWAddress
C8F73346C86F

StatusCode

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17718-intermittent-wifi-network-connectivity.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I just bought a msi s30 laptop yesterday. So everything went fine when I test the wifi connection before I go to sleep. When I say fine, I mean I could connect to the internet. Then when I woke up this morning, I turn on the wifi but it says "no network found". I check the router and it is working perfectly fine. I also checked the device driver and its also working properly. I can't seem to find the problem. Please help

A:Wifi is on on but no laptop can't find network!!!! Please

Perhaps you have set your router to disable SSID broadcast, and you didn't save the WLAN settings before powering down (ie didn't select 'connect automatically') ??

Q's

1. Can you connect wired?
2. What WLAN symbol is showing in the notification area?
3. open a cmd screen and type ipconfig /all then post the resulting output

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/27041-wifi-but-no-laptop-cant-find-network-please.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello all.

I have a dir-615 D-link router. It is well installed with my main computer that is an old XP windows system.

I tried to create a network to give acces to my friend laptop when he comes home(he has a mac). I setuped a network with a name and a password.

So my friend could find the network name and i gave him the password, but it never works. Another friend of mine also came with an older iBook laptop and the same thing happens.

What should I do ? The laptop computer can see my network, but nobody can access??
Best regards to all. Idiodumb

Relevancy 40.42%

My laptop wont connect to any wufi i tried like connections and none of them work. I put the password and it says connecting but never connects it then it says that my wifi has changed the information but i havent changed anything.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wont-connect-to-wifi-network/td-p/5635067
Relevancy 40.42%

I am planning to have a friend visit and she will use her laptop with my wifi network. Is there any threat to my network if by chance she has a virus or other malware on her computer? I assume the only danger would be if I transfer files from her computer, but I just want to confirm that. Thanks.

A:Solved: allow access to wifi network

There is a slight threat, but the odds of it are low if you only allow them to access your wireless network. Once she's there, it would be a good idea to make sure that her PC does not have any viruses or malware. If so, go ahead and let us know and we can help clean it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-allow-access-to-wifi-network.990861/
Relevancy 40.42%

have a HPPhotosmart C4580 all in one printer. i just switched internet providers and i am trying to connect my printer wireless to my internet connection. i am using hp print and scan doctor but when it runs my printer doesn,t show up in the results. this is a older printer and i have the disc that came with it but it isn,t for windows 10. i just need an explanation on how to get this printer to work on my new internet connection                                                                                             Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/new-wifi-network-printer-connection/td-p/5763487
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys Let me explain my current situation before asking my question I have a Motorola Netopia - VDSL modem router with WiFi The type of signal that I get from my ISP is analogue for firewall network WiFi to my How to connect phone TV and intenet This modem has an input for the Internet connection dynamic IP address and provides the IP addresses and connection for the other devices connected to it via WiFi or cable such as the TV over IP box laptops iPads and smart phones I would like to implement content filtering on my WiFi network in order to avoid access to some websites and my modem router doesn t provide this feature or at How to connect firewall to my WiFi network least I can t find it with my ISP s configuration I thought about using OpenDNS but since I have a dynamic How to connect firewall to my WiFi network IP address and I can t install an updater on all the devices then this solution didn t work The next idea I have is getting a physical Firewall Question I am wondering if I can just connect the Intenet cable that comes from the How to connect firewall to my WiFi network splitter between phone and Internet to the Firewall then I connect a RJ- cable from the firewall to my existing modem router and should that be all besides configuring content filtering on the firewall What should I take into account regarding the IP addresses Should I enable the DHCP server in the firewall I assume that most come with one and disable the DHCP server in the modem Any guidance around this topic would be highly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:How to connect firewall to my WiFi network

You seem to have the general idea. In fact, the idea would be to turn off DHCP on the old (wireless) router and enter the address of the new router as the old one's gateway. That's pretty much all it would 'generally' take. However, if you have VDSL, then you would need to purchase another VDSL router. In which case, you might as well just purchase one that has the wireless and not have to worry about all of the configuration issues.

However, I looked up the Netopia 7347-44 router and, from what I could find in the manual, it appears as though it does have a firewall already built into it. Check it out here: http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Video-Solutions/Products/Wireline%20Networks/Gateways_and_Routers/DSL_Gateways_and_Routers/7347-44_7357-44%20Netopia%20Voice%20Integrated%20Access%20Device%20Gateways/_Documents/_Static%20files/7347-44%20Data%20Sheet-556054-001-b.pdf Al right, that's not the *complete* manual, but it specifically states that it has 'Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall'. Might want to browse around in the router configuration utility and see what you can find.

If that's not your router, then you should be able to simply do as above and be good to go...

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-firewall-to-my-wifi-network.1021351/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

Got a very annoying problem - my wifi network adapter (Atheros AR5007EG wirelss network adapter) works just fine for about 50 minutes - and then it shuts down and disappears as if it's not installed on the computer. To make it work, I have to shut down the computer and turn it on again.
Does anyone know the reason for this annoying problem?

Thanks!

Relevancy 40.42%

I tried to install the drivers today, and first just sayin the installation corrupted and the windows offered me to reinstall properly by the way. Didnt happen sy when i did it. I tried many soulutions that i found on the internet. The most of the web pages closed the downloads that i found closed as wellSo i attach the useful informs for you guys(or ladys).Model atheron? number: ar5b225Hardware ID:PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_1885103C&REV_07PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_1885103CPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200Thanks for your reply.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-655-WiFi-Network-driver-error/td-p/5636162
Relevancy 40.42%

I change between multiple WiFi networks several times a day I have had this network get WiFi on new change Win7-64 IP won't computer Tecra Z -A Win for two years now It never had problems changing between WiFi Win7-64 WiFi won't get new IP on network change networks I would put it to sleep at one network and wake it again at the new location and it would connect to the new network refresh its DHCP settings and be on the Win7-64 WiFi won't get new IP on network change network with no problem Then a few months ago it stopped doing this It will successfully connect to the new network as before but it will keep the same IP address as the previous network it was on I can turn the WiFi off and on but it doesn't help I have to actually go to the adapter settings screen disable the Wireless network adapter and re-enable it Then it will reconnect and acquire the new IP address I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Wireless NIC drivers made sure I had the latest drivers but it hasn't helped I think this whole thing started when I turned on the Bluetooth But I have it off now and it still has the IP-non-refresh problem Win7-64 WiFi won't get new IP on network change Anyone have any ideas Please don't tell me to run a script to disable and re-enable I know I can do that I did that in Windows but this is not Windows any more I know that this automatic switching from one network to the next can and does work so please help me find a way to restore it

A:Win7-64 WiFi won't get new IP on network change

FYI, ipconfig /release + ipconfig/renew does work to make it refresh the DHCP at the new network. But I don't want to do that in a script either. It was and should be doing that automatically.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-64-wifi-wont-get-new-ip-on-network-change-1109825.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok guys I have a home office work for a large corporation but home to! connect network router / Which WIFI did - I based I have my own broadband and seperate router for gaming surfing etc I also have a dedicated works laptop which also has a dedicated WIFI router for purely work stuff Previously I made it impossible for my WIFI - Which router / network did I connect to! quot work quot router to connect to my quot home quot laptop for obvious reasons However a couple of weeks ago I needed to do some trouble shooting and allowed the home lap top to access my work network I switched it back but forgot to inhibit the from linking So today I m looking at some ahem porn didn t think much about it A few hours later I realise I m connected to the quot work WIFI - Which router / network did I connect to! quot network So Is there a way to check in Windows what router i was connected to at various times through WIFI Is it likely the ISP would advise my employer that I have looked at porn - i didn t go through the work VPN it s just a standard line from Zen into my house by my company pay the bill direct appreciate any help Dave nbsp