Windows Support Forum

Help! Wireless Network Connection Properties Not Can Click!

Q: Help! Wireless Network Connection Properties Not Can Click!

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help! Wireless Network Connection Properties Not Can Click!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.13%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi - I still have internet access. However, when I go into wireless connections, properties, general, the TCP/IP "stack" has disappeared.

The rest are still there: Client for MS networks
File & Printer sharing
QoS Packet Scheduler

I've posted to other forums and I have had an external PC professional have a look, but not even the latter could find out what happened.

The reason I need it is that I manually set my IP address at home, but let it find it automatically elsewhere, but can't as cannot access the TCP/IP elements.

Thanks.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 66.65%

I was trying to set up an ad hoc network and toyed around with some of the wireless network settings. The network I was trying to set up didn't quite work out so I tried to set it back to how they were but forgot how they were.

Is there a way to delete the Wireless Network Connection and let it create a new one or is there a "standard" setting for this to strictly find a wireless network and connect to it?

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Any help or questions would be appreciated

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have up until a few days ago been able to modify and save my network properties ok I connected a new DisplayLink USB docking station that lead to an update of some sort I believed this to be 8 Not Properties Saving Network Connection Windows to do with associated drivers I Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving let this go ahead and it may well have nothing to do with the problems I have been having First of all I couldn't even see the IP parameters and kept getting an error as follows quot In Order to Configure TCP IP You Must Install and Enable a Network Adapter Card quot The wired and wireless was working in environments where I could use DHCP so I was confident the hardware was ok Uninstalling the drivers and then updating them has got me passed this problem so I can see and edit the IP parameters However now they are never saved I edit them close the window re-edit them and they are back to automatic settings I need to use static settings in the office So far as I can see there are possibilities I don't have permissions to save these settings wherever they are stored But I have administrator permissions Where are the settings stored I have saved them before How can I get access to be able to save them again Something else is overwriting the settings How do I find out what and stop it Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Or a way to diagnose solve my problem Thanks in advance Steve

A:Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving

Have you tried running a system file corruption scan/repair using the sfc /scannow command?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32329-windows-8-network-connection-properties-not-saving.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have symptoms that I am having trouble getting rid All of them started Network Properties Connection Nowfind, WebSiteViewer, nights WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties ago and I have been trying to get rid of them since then First of all I have something called WebSiteViewer that keeps coming back even after it appears that it has been removed I have read WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties other logs on this forum about it and I have tried some of the advice but with no avail Second when I open a web browser it is going WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties to www nowfind net Third if I click on my Wireless Network Connection properties the window disappers without opening the properties So for so more detailed information on what I know about what is going on The WebSiteViewer has installed in C Program Files WebSiteViewer There are five files in that directory ban dd dlr exe and ico There is also a shortcut on my desktop and a shortcut on my Start Menu for the exe There is also a misb exe file in my root directory C that I believe is related as it has the same icon There is a process with an image name of dlr running I started out by manually deleting all of this stuff and manually shutting down the process I have also tried Spybot and Adware Both of these programs also found the WebSiteViewer stuff listed above as well as a few registry keys dealing with them They both seemed to remove everything however after a reboot everything comes back So somewhere there is something still living that reinstalls everything once I reboot The www nowfind net problem I initially tried just setting my default URL back to blank as I had it Which it accepts but then the next time I open a browser it is back If I type a URL without the preceding http then it automatically goes to www nowfind net however if I fully qualify the URL with http then it goes where I expect In the registry for HCU and HLM under Microsoft- gt Internet Explorer there are a number of entries that have the www nowfind net URL including Search and SearchURL Then under Main still under Internet Explorer there are Default Page URL Default Search URL Search Bar Search Page and Start Page And then under Search in CustomizeSearch and SearchAssistant I have tried deleting all of these registry entries manually However they come right back even without a reboot I can delete them then just refresh and they are right back So here again something is running that puts them back If I view my available Wireless Network Connections then hit the advanced tab then select my network and hit configure or properties then the window just disappears instead of opening the properties The last thing that I should mention is that I have also run CWShredder and TrendMicros virus scan the web version that is available from a link that I found somewhere in thisforum I am running XP and I also am running an outdated version of McAfee that came free on my computer Now I have never run HijackThis before I simply downloaded it and ran it I ran it while all of symptoms above were present as I stated AdWare and Spybot will remove the WebSiteViewer comes back after a reboot and the www nowfind net comes back right away I also read somewhere on the forum to use the KRC HijackThisAnalyzer so here is the result txt from it Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - Service McAfee com McShield McShield - Unknown owner - c... Read more

A:WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

...A Reflection On Spyware...

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

...greyknight17 DOT com...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/websiteviewer-nowfind-network-connection-properties-42318.html
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 65.36%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Team,

I have a problem with my Local Area Connection. I have installed the driver correctly and can access the internet also. But when I go to Open Network and sharing center -> change adapter setting -> I can not see Local Area Connection icon appear. My OS is windows 7, HP System.

A:Local area connection is not showing in network properties

Welcome to Seven forums mail.

Can you please post a picture of Device manager and a picture in the adapter settings where your local area connection should be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331350-local-area-connection-not-showing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to reserve an IP for my computer but when I went to the Connection with issue protocols, missing and services Network Properties clients, properties of my wireless network connection the connection properties window is Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing missing everything except for Client for Microsoft Networks Even the connect using field has nothing Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing in it The wireless connection is working but I can t get to the TCP IP protocol to reserve the IP instead of using DHCP Here is an image of the issue An screen cap of my wireless network connection properties can be seen here http i photobucket com albums hh gremmie untitled jpg Has anyone ever seen this Any ideas to fix it Thanks for any info EDIT I forgot to mention that when I click the install button and click either client service or protocol I get an error message that says quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot so I can t reinstall the TCP IP Protocol to reserve the IP nbsp

A:Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing

Click on install then choose protocol then add and see....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-properties-issue-with-protocols-clients-and-services-missing.692118/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone as you can tell i have connection tab click can't on wireless a problem with my network connections This morning everything was working just fine i was connected on my wireless conection and using it as usual However i had to bring my laptop at school so i brought it at school now trying to connect to the wireless conection there its supposed to be already set up it isn t the first time i bring my laptop with me i find out that i cannot click on the wireless botton on my start menu at the right I do see the caracteristic picture for quot unloged wireless network but detected connections quot the bars with a yellow sun on it but i cant click on it to bring up the connection list it just doesn t do anything if i go in the network and sharing center clicking on quot connect to a network quot doesnt do anything just like there was no option to do so there its not even a blank connection sheet like a tab saying that no network connections were detected can't click on wireless connection tab but the tab itself doesnt show up and now worse now i cant even connect home im positive that the network card is seeing the connections but somehow i cant see the tabs help would be apreciated as i tried lots of things reseting the card reinstalling drivers looking in services thanks

A:can't click on wireless connection tab

using windows 7 x64, and i would also like to say that in my computer's services, i can t find wireless zero config

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/108297-cant-click-wireless-connection-tab.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 59.34%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 58.91%

when i double click the icon in my systray of the the flashing monitor, which opens my wireless network connection status window, the number next to Speed fluctuates between 11.0 Mbps to 54.0 Mbps. I just updated my dlink wbr 2310 routers firmware to 1.03 from 1.02 because previously i was getting randomly disconnected. Its only been a couple days, but i havnt yet noticed that ive been randomly disconnected anymore, but now my connection speed fluctuates, where with the old firmware, i never once saw it change. what could be causing this change? as its screwing up my online gaming, causing me to lag when it drops way down. I never had a problem with the speed changing before, and cant find any setting that looks like it could be linked to such an event, though im no networking expert, so i may be missing something. what does anyone think of this problem? thanks.

A:Wireless speed under wireless network connection status fluctuating????

google for a program called Network Stumbler. When it runs, you can see other
wifi systems near by and the real asset is the disclosure of all the channels in use.

pick a channel that is not used

monitor what activities you are performing when the connection rate changes;
it's likely that it only occurs when you're gaming. In that case, the stress of the
networked game is the actual cause of the rate change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-under-wireless-network-connection-status-fluctuating.77396/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 41659 MB; D: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 14579 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Nestos , Not Applicable, LXAJL0X031734074722500
Antivirus: None

Hi. I have a problem with my wireless connection. The tab under network connections does NOT show wireless connection. This happened after I reinstalled winxp. I installed the wireless driver but it did not work. I can only connect to the internet using the wired connection. What should I do?

Relevancy 58.91%

I just ran the Windows XP Help and Support, Network Diagnostics and I got a FAILED for the following areas:
Network Adapters FAILED
[00000010] Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection FAILED
DNSServerSearchOrder FAILED
198.153.192.50 FAILED
198.153.194.50 FAILED

I've been having some wireless issues and I am not sure what this is telling me and what I can do about it to fix it. I checked with the Intel web site for network adapters and it appears that I have the latest driver.
Any helpful suggestions?

A:Network Adapters, Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, DNSSer

howdy and welcome. start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager > are there any yellow exclamation points, and if so, what are they next to?

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-intel-r-pro-wireless-3945abg-network-connection-dnsser.1142923/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 58.48%

IGNORE IGNORE.... fixed it thanks anyway
Hi there,
I am having trouble connecting to the internet from my laptop via a D-Link wireless ADSL router.

This is a new problem on a laptop that has been used on this wireless network many times - very strange?

When i click "repair" it seems to hang at the point of acquiring my IP address.
Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Solved: Wireless network connection can not acquire network address?

Through the web browser on my desktop i changed some settings on the router i.e. the WPA, and it seemed to work? Magic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connection-can-not-acquire-network-address.620247/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Im New Here

Why i Cant See the Wireless Network Connection And if i Search Manage Wireless Networks in Control Panel It Says

"Wireless Is Not Currently Enabled"

What Should I do??

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I am trying to connect to my home wireless network and my computer has found the network and will let me connect (after typing in the WEP key), but the status says 'Acquiring network address' and I can't access the internet.

I have the IP address for the network, but don't know how to add this into my computer.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

A:Wireless network connection - Cannot acquire network address.

Hi

if it hangs or shows limited connectivity ensure you are typing in the correct key, some routers will allow a passphrase for wep others want the key in hexadecimal format.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-cannot-acquire-network-address.136636/
Relevancy 57.19%

i'm trying to configure my network to connect automaticaly.
i right click the network on the network list, but there is only disconnect and status.
there is no "properties" option.
on another computer there is.
the user is admin and UAC is turned off.

F#&^$%

A:don't have the "properties" option for wireless network

Go to start > control panel > network

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78454-dont-have-properties-option-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys,

Been having an issue where upon right clicking (a file, folder, drive, you name it) and clicking properties Windows Explorer will crash.

Heard people were having a similar problem when only right clicking, many solved this by going into their registry and deleting some values. Since their problem was similar to mine, I went ahead and deleted some values under

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

however, this doesn't seem that is the problem. Any ideas?

UPDATE: After running sfc/scannow I receive a BSOD, upon reboot the following message is displayed. Also I've attached the dump file

Thanks for even reading this, any help is extremely appreciated,

Camaren

A:Right Click Properties Crash

Hello,

Have you tried a system files check?

Quote: Originally Posted by JK

Open an elevated command prompt and enter sfc /scannow.

You might also try a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/122991-right-click-properties-crash.html
Relevancy 55.9%

You know how if you want to change your screen saver or view your desktop settings, you right click on the desktop and select properties? Nothing happens when I do that now. I have tried running registry cleaners and have rebooted my machine several times.

My guess is that it is the registry's fault. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Desktop > Right Click > Properties = Does nothing

Hi and welcome to the Forum.
It's possible you have malware on your machine. Click on this link and post an HJT log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-right-click-properties-does-nothing-140749.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just reinstalled my OS due to other problems, so I'm clean of infections. For some reason the Properties tab doesn't show up when I right-click my desktop

screenshot--> http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/a12hin0/?action=view&current=dsktp1.jpg

Come to think of it, there also used to be a Graphics Properties and Options tab as well. I'm sure this is easy to fix, however I did try browsing the registry files for active desktop and they checked out.

Thanks.

A:No Properties when I right-click desktop

If that screenshot is what you get when you right click It is correct for vista. Properties is not an option

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-properties-when-i-right-click-desktop-171007.html
Relevancy 55.9%

when ever i rightclick on my printer and select properties nothing happens its like a empty button....i have reinstalled the printer driver...anyone else have this issue before..

A:Right-click on printer for properties and nothing happens..

Hi
I found an artical hat my help you get through this problem. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=254220

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-click-on-printer-for-properties-and-nothing-happens.460319/
Relevancy 55.9%

when i right click on a photo. and click on properties. and when the window pops up i noticed that where it says created, modified and accessed. the dates all the same. shouldn't they be different. i thought where its says created should say the date i put it in the pc?

A:Right click/properties question

The only thing that I've seen, if you copy the file, the copy will get a new created date. The same when downloading from your camera. Move the files(not a good idea) and the date the photo was taken is the Created Date. Copy them and you get today's date.

Have you copied or edited the photos?
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-click-properties-question.907693/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi whenever I right click on my desktop and click properties nothing ever pops up Then I go into control panel and click change screensaver which is in the properties and that pops up -> Properties Right Click Problem the properties window but when I click the change desktop tab the window closes instantly I believe that the problem has something to do with the desktop part of the properties Here is my hijack this log anyways Logfile of Trend Right Click -> Properties Problem Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot Right Click -> Properties Problem mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Right Click -> Properties Problem C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS ControlPanel VersionCueCS Tray exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS bin VersionCueCS exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C Program Files Saitek Software ProfilerU exe C Program Files Saitek Software SaiMfd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS data database bin mysqld-nt exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system oodag exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CADI NotiMan exe C Program Files Atomic Alarm Clock AtomicAlarmClock exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C Program Files SpeedFan speedfan exe C Program Files Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC SpeedUpMyPC exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe D Azureus Azureus exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings trey Desktop HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

Firefox has no right click properties? Any idea why? I have the latest version of Firefox.

A:Firefox, No right click Properties?

Read the comments in the link below to help you decide what changes to make and the why of your question. http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum...0&forumId=1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334084/firefox-no-right-click-properties/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi!
Using Windows XP, properties does not come up when the desktop is right clicked.
Suggestions??
Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dawnp46-right-click-properties-440092.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi whenever I try to right click - gt properties nothing ever opens up I think it is a problem with my desktop tab of it because I can acces the screen saver from control panel I have tried adding registry stuff and all sorts of things but I would like to get this fixed Thanks Trey Here is a hijack log for what its worth in this situation Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS bin VersionCueCS exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files not click open -> right will properties Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system oodag exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files VMware VMware Virtual Image Editing vmount exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS data database bin mysqld-nt exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS ControlPanel VersionCueCS Tray exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe right click -> properties will not open C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi right click -> properties will not open Volume Panel VolPanel exe C Program Files Saitek Software ProfilerU exe C Program Files Saitek Software SaiMfd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exe C Program Files RemotelyAnywhere x RAGui exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Winamp Remote bin OrbTray exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CADI NotiMan exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings trey Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-... Read more

A:right click -> properties will not open

Trey, The link below may be of some help.

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-click-properties-will-not-open.664279/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I go to My Computer, then highlight the C drive, then right click on it, it takes me back to one of the windows I have open. I am trying to get to properties. This has not happened before and I do not know why it is doing this. I have a dell dimension 8200 with windows xp home. Any help would be appreciated.

A:cannot use right click to access properties on c drive

start/control panel /printer other hardware/mouse
make sure the box is unchecked at button config.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-use-right-click-to-access-properties-on-c-drive.266111/
Relevancy 55.04%

Whenever I double click on something to run it, that thing's properties menu comes up. This happened right after I did a spybot scan and after I used this duplicate file finder tool. Any ideas? Is there some regestry entry I can edit to correct this? thanks in advance.

A:When I douple click, properties menu comes up.

Um nevermind... it fixed itself???

That was wierd....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-douple-click-properties-menu-comes-up.299754/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone,

I'm a pretty savvy computer person but this problem has me perplexed. I've tried to install Windows XP 32-bit several times and everytime whenever I click properties (Whether it be on a folder or the desktop or wireless properties) the computer screen glitches and freezes. I have to force shut down my computer and I HAVE to unplug it and plug it back in otherwise it won't turn back on. It's not the PSU and I've tried different graphics cards. Not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:

AMD Athlon X2 7850
1 GB DDR2
120 GB IDE Hard Drive
nVidia Quadro FX 4500 512 GDDR2 Graphics Card
Windows XP 32-bit professional.

A:Computer Freezes When I click properties

Run some hard drive diagnostics as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-when-i-click-properties.1005034/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am curious and just noticed how the "Graphics Properties" and "Graphics Options" disappared from my Right Click Menu. I did recently install Glary Utilities and ran some scans. Not sure if that may have some relation to it or not. Any suggestions?

A:Right Click Menu - Missing GFX Properties

Hello ChaosDark,
If i remember correctly, Glary Utilities makes a back up, go ahead and reinstall that, and then post back how that worked. You may end up doing a system restore if that does not repair those drivers.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293093-right-click-menu-missing-gfx-properties.html
Relevancy 55.04%

When I go to My Computer, then highlight the C drive, then right click on it, it takes me back to one of the windows I have open. I am trying to get to properties. This has not happened before and I do not know why it is doing this. I have a dell dimension 8200 with windows xp home. Any help would be appreciated.

A:cannot use right click to access properties on c drive

start/control panel /printer other hardware/mouse
make sure the box is unchecked at button config.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-use-right-click-to-access-properties-on-c-drive.266111/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi everyone,

few days ago my connection internet on my laptop was working perfectly, i left on stand by during 2 nights and one morning internet wanst working anymore. it was saying that my connectivity has limited or no connectivity but my wireless is working excellent.

so i had a look on some forums on this site which i found helpful but unfornutely, it didnt work.

basically, i followed the processus to change my ip address, it did cancelled the old one but now it doesnt to renew it...

can you please help and guide me.

thanks
v

A:wireless network connection

Are you at home or on the road in a hotel or some other place with wifi?

Also, do this and post the specified info:

1) Click Start -> Run

2) Enter "cmd" (with the quotes) at the prompt and press enter

3) Type "ipconfig /all" (again, without the quotes and there's a space between the "g" and the"/") and press enter

4) Under the "Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection" heading, give the values for:

DHCP Enabled
Autoconfiguration Enabled
IP Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway

Once I have this information, I'll have a better idea about what troubleshooting path to take.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-connection-535464.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I am using a Compaq Presario V6000(V6002AU) with Win XP and since installing Internet Explorer 7 I can no longer connect through my wireless connection. I have no wireless icon in my taskbar or in network connections and I can no longer open the HP wireless assistant. The light on the front is amber and does not change whether the switch is on or off. I have uninstalled IE7 and gone back to 6 but still nothing.

I have tried a system recovery and reinstalling network drivers....

If anyone has any advice on how to fix this I would really appreciate it.

A:No wireless network connection!!

Hi,

Goto Control Panel-->Add Remove Programms-->Add or remove windows components-->check the IE and wanted components and Install it..........
!! Easy Must Be Easy !!

Grass Hopper*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wireless-network-connection.695078/
Relevancy 55.04%

My sony vaio laptop connected to my wireless network fine for months. two days ago it suddenly stopped connecting. My network still shows up in available list and is at full strength. My wireless printer still connects to the network. Furthermore, my laptop connects to other networks, it just doesnt connect to mine anymore! I am completely computer illiterate so can someone please help me in laymans terms!?
thanks

A:Wireless Network Connection

Hi:Let's get some basics first.
Any software/hardware changes in the last 2 days ?
Any error msgs when trying to connect?
There are a number of things we could suggest doing,but first:
,let's see this :
From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.911626/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have two wireless networks one an unencrypted b and the other an encrypted n This brand new desktop employs a USB N wireless adapter I have Wireless network connection never tried to access the unencrypted network from this computer I have configured it to access automatically the encrypted network The connection works fine EXCEPT Issue No It disconnects overnight and I have to launch this connection manually every morning I will have connectivity to the internet but usually lose it after a short period I then usually have to disconnect and reconnect it several times before it gains internet connectivity that sticks That usually is then fine all day long Issue No My unencrypted network has shown up as quot Native WIFI Default Profile quot Occasionally the computer will spontaneously disconnect from the encrypted network and automatically Wireless network connection connect to Wireless network connection the unencrypted network even though the latter is configured for manual connection I REPEATEDLY Wireless network connection a have unchecked all the quot connect quot boxes in its properties but the box for quot Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name SSID quot always rechecks itself and b have moved it down in the pecking order under quot Manage Wireless Networks quot only to find it bounce back to the top and c have clicked quot Remove Network quot only to have it reappear again later I should add that there is another desktop using XP sitting right next to the one that I am complaining about which automatically connects to the encrypted network with a constant internet connection and stays connected for days on end with no difficulty Thanks

A:Wireless network connection

Sounds like your Wireless drivers don't play nicely with Seven.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55610-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Ultimate, Premium, Pro & Home

Installed new router and changed network name from mynet to MyNet. After signing on with new key I now have Mynet 2 under wireless network connection and in the system tray. Not causing any problems but this isn't what I wanted.

On the other OSs how can I sign on with the new key and not get a second wireless network connection of MyNet 2 ?

On Premium how can I get this back to mynet or MyNet (without the 2) ?

Thanks for the help.

You'll have to delete both mynet and MyNet - then re-connect to MyNet.

Same on the others - delete the old ones first.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/172176-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all Have a very frustrating problem Have a HP Pavilion Elite Network Wireless Connection HPE desktop PC running Windows I recently changed my router modem back to my old Belkin N The computer has connected to it in the past For some reason it will refuse to connect wirelessly now When I put in the security key is tells me its incorrect when I know its right and when I use the security PIN off the modem itself it will just say its unable to connect My Laptop ipad xbox samsung galaxy etc all connect fine I have Wireless Network Connection done the following to try and rectify the problem -Installed the wireless profile from my laptop to Wireless Network Connection the HP via USB -Uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless network software -Done a factory reset of modem router -Removed all wireless device profiles from the PC -Created a Manual wireless network profile I am now coming to you guys for advice Any help will be much appreciated On a side note the PC was previously connected to a Netgear N wireless modem router Thanks

Have you changed the MAC number if the routers a) have them, and b) if they do unique ones; or if they have different URLs. It may be that your computer has stored a particular string for the Netgear and is trying to reconcile it with the Belkin. Have you right clicked on your C drive and run a Disc Cleanup to empty all the caches that might contain an errant sign-on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wireless-network-connection-681268.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi,

my wireless network connection is always on and off. the speed is 11Mbps most of the time. The thing is when I am watching videos on youtube, cnn, etc., it's always disconnecting and then reconnecting itself. sometimes it doesn't and so I always have to manually repair the connection. what seems to be the problem? I noticed that it doesn't happen with the other laptops. So, it seems like it's just my laptop interfering with the connection. If you could tell me how to fix it, I'd appreciate it.

Relevancy 55.04%

Okay, I'm ****king desperate to get help, I'm so mad I'm not typing right. But PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get this message when I open The Wirless Network Tab I see this message

'Windows cannot configure this wireless connection

If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software.

If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service. For Information about starting the WZC service, see article 871122 in the microsoft knowledge on the microsoft.com Web Site.'
I've tried everything I possibly could, and people keep veiw my posts but won't help, I really need help, so please if you view this please tellll mee!!!!!!!

I'm just so lame noone will help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.1059607/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm having the same problem. My laptop will connect to all other wireless networks except for my home wireless router.
1394 Net Adapter
Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : owner-83907fe01
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Eth
ernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-D4-37-D1-8A

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-A5-BA-E3-64
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 206.74.254.2
Is the problem in assigning me an IP address?

A:No connection to wireless network

Hi and welcome cswing
it would be less confuisng if you would post a new thread with you problem

make and models would also help
have you taken secruity off

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-connection-to-wireless-network.580350/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey. I can't get my Sony Vaio to connect to my brothers WiFi. My phone has connected fine, I'm typing this on it now, and a PC is connected. My laptop connects straight away at home and at uni, no problems there. I'm using Windows 7.

I checked to see if DHCP was enabled using the command prompt, and it says it isn't. So I went in to properties and all the wireless connections and local area connection were already set to automatically obtain an IP address. Might that still be the problem? Is there something else that might be causing this?

I type in the secruity key (correctly, I'm positive) and it thinks for a while before saying it can't connect. Or, a couple of times, it did connect but said there was limited network access/no internet connection.

Don't know much about computers, would seriously welcome any suggestions!

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell inspiron I never had a problem with connection untill few days ago I nevr installed anything or did any changes All of a sudden i have no acces to the router internet I can see the access point with excellect signal but when i try to connect to it it says unable to connect to I just wiped clean and re did the whole laptop all fresh new drivers all around It worked for few min when it came up to Network Connection.. Wireless update but ever since then no luck I get as far as it asking for password i enter it and no dice I deleted the connection shut down accessed the router from my hard wired connected pc changed SSID and password then rebooted laptop still cannot connect Wireless Network Connection.. I litterally have tried everything i Wireless Network Connection.. checked all forums and microsoft website and tried everthing i could find I even disabled the wireless miniadapter thats in win through cmd prompt IM STUCK PLEASE HELP

A:Wireless Network Connection..

Reboot the router/modem....unplug it from the power outlet for 1 minute and then plug it back in and let it run through it's set up. Then you should be able to connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270274-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Everytime I open Explorer from my home wireless connection, I have to go into the control panel and "repair" the wireless connection. Any idea why? It does not appear to be an issue if I connect elsewhere.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217441/wireless-network-connection/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just got a laptop and a wireless network card. I installed the card (slide it in the right slot) and put in the drivers but i still cannot connect to the internet. I'm sure there's a step i'm missing but the place i got the wireless network card from didn't give any instructions.

Is there more to it then just plugging in the card and downloadin the drivers?

thanks!

A:Wireless network connection

There are lots of steps missing..

"cannot connect" means what? No, your computer will not magically obtain a wireless internet connection the second you install a wireless network card.

What exactly did you try? Do you actually have some device providing you the wireless service?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection.36922/
Relevancy 55.04%

I know its just a number but it is really annoying and it must be possible to solve it but when seeing what networks are available in the bottom right hand corner it says "Wireless Network Connection 4"

The '4' being the annoying part, it occurred since I've been trying to update my drivers. I know it's harmless but its extremely annoying so please don't just say ignore it.

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

How do I get rid off it?

Edit: Added screenshot

A:Wireless Network Connection 5

Hi mangoh,

You may follow the steps listed below:

1. Remove all 'wireless profiles' manually:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks > Right click to remove all wireless networks listed (Windows will detect the effect networks automatically and will allow you to establish connectivity again; use the 'network security key' if using a secured connection)

2. Re-install the 'Wireless Adapter' drivers:
- Click 'Start' > type 'Device Manager' (without quotations) in the 'search box' > Tap 'Enter' > Locate 'Network adapters' category and expand it > Right click the 'wireless adapter' and 'Uninstall' > Follow through with the uninstall process and restart the unit > Windows is likely to pick the 'WLAN drivers' by itself; if not, you may install the driver from the manufacturer website > Restart the system and recheck results.

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/280747-wireless-network-connection-5-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

As of today under the Network connections I no longer have a wireless network connection. I use a Netgear WGT624v3 wireless router and I have an HP computer running Windows XP. I have tried everything I could find to fix the problem with no luck. Any ideas?

Relevancy 55.04%

i have 3 laptops 2 of which i have successfully setup wireless connection, however the 3rd one, using xp will not connect, keeps saying there must be some interferance between computer and signal, but they are only 2ft or so apart. any idea what problem could be, the others laptops are vista and windows 7,. would be xp be too old for this 'gateway' connection.

A:wireless network connection

Hi:Welcome to TSG:
Going to need quite a bit more info on this before we can suggest anything.
What is the exact error msg you are receiving ?

Let's see the following from the failing pc.
Let&#8217;s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

And let's see this from the failing pc as well as one that works:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

And let's make sure that all necessary tasks have been started.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
&#8226; COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
&#8226; Computer Browser
&#8226; DHCP Client
&#8226; DNS Client
&#8226; Network Connections
&#8226; Network Location Awareness
&#8226; Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
&#8226; Server
&#8226; TCP/IP Netbios helper
&#8226; Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
&#8226; WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
&#8226; Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic
If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.971969/
Relevancy 55.04%

All of a sudden my wireless connection has gone down, thought it might be not paying the cable bill but my pc is able to connect to the internet.

I can connect via cable wire to the laptop from my router and can connect but after downloading and updating necessary drivers from IBM.com's driver list for my Cicso Systems PCI Wireless LAN Adapter, it still isn't working.
Laptop info: IBM Thinkpad T40, Centrino

I did an IPCONFIG and it says:
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Media State.....: Media disconnected

blah blah, it gives me the IP address to my router..192.168 etc..

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you got the router configured to address DHCP, and in the network configuration for the notebook, have it set to assign IP from DHCP? Have you done a site survey for SSID?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.250892/
Relevancy 55.04%

I m using Netgear wireless USB adpater WG111 to connect all my pc n laptop through a wireless router to internet. I actually configure all setting manually and without problem for internet and file sharing even one of the them is Emac. But recently , when i try to link up a PC (which just upgraded from Window ME to XP) to the networking, I facing trouble for internet connection even if I can see excellent signal of my wireless adapter on the screen. I tried so many ways included all of the troubleshoot and wizards inside window but still can't be done.

Surprising, I managed to connect to internet when in the safe mode...

How??? pls help..

gyver

A:Help!!!Wireless Network Connection

Check the Windows firewall settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-network-connection.365063/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just bought the MSI Wind Netbook and am unable to connect to my home wireless network. A screen appears "Choose a Wireless Network". It does not detect my network and says "make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on". Where is this switch???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.795505/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am fully aware that there is a BTWifi with FON connection in this area, but my wireless adapter either doesn't want to pick it up or is somehow blocking it. I am using Edimax 11n USB Wireless LAN Utility, upon opening the edimax application I noticed that the "disable adapter" box is checked, but in network connections it is saying that it is enabled, any help?

A:Cannot fin wireless network connection

do you have your own wireless router - I assume not as you are using BTwifi
do you have BT internet and a username and password to use BTwifi ?

what device are you trying to connect - PC, phone, laptop , desktop
what windows version

how are you posting a question here ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-fin-wireless-network-connection.1153636/
Relevancy 55.04%

So My mother went out and bought a NETGEAR wireless Internet router so that I could take my computer into my room and receive the wifi signal We hooked up the router and everything was perfectly fine until Wireless network connection. I took my computer to my room and Wireless network connection. my mother tried hooking up her HP laptop to the network I have a Mac Anyway once she tried doing that the network is no longer called NETGEAR It says FALLONPE-HP NETWORK the 'fallonpe' part being my mother's username on her laptop The new network asks for a password and this is where the problems start We tried using the NETGEAR password this didn't work We tried using the password for her user Wireless network connection. account on her laptop that didn't work either So my mother completely reset her computer back to it's default settings the default password didn't work Then we hooked my computer back to it uninstalled and then completely reinstalled the NETGEAR program We've disconnected and reconnected the router box several times but no matter what we do it's still reading the network as FALLONPE-HP NETWORK and we have no password in order to connect it If we had the password we'd be able to use the router on both devices So my question is does anyone know if there's a specific default password that I'm supposed to use If so would it be in the instruction manuel or something I'm really out of ideas for this thing and if anyone knows how to fix this problem I'd greatly appreciate your help

A:Wireless network connection.

the default password for most of the routers is either admin or password,but since your laptop is detecting the network as FALLONPE-HP_NETWORK,i think your moms laptop is getting detected as access point for your laptop,so do you get interent if your laptop is directly connected to the router..??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-network-connection-565225.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi My laptop s operating system is is Connection Wireless Netwirk stuck "Acquiring Network on Connection" WINDOWS xp SP Recently the windows automatic update ran on my laptop and the operating system was updated to SP Since then i am unable to connect to my wireless network The connection just gets stuck on the quot Acquiring Network Connection quot I dont know Wireless Netwirk Connection is stuck on "Acquiring Network Connection" if the windows update has caused this but that is the only change tht i have happened to my laptop lately I have tried the following Changed Wireless Netwirk Connection is stuck on "Acquiring Network Connection" the SSID of the wireless profile i have in the router Changed the Password WPA - PSK repaired the wireless network connection and tried to connect but in vain But when i disabled the security option in the router i am able to connect to my wireless network The issue is only when the security option is set I am using WPA Other threads in connections with this issues dont seem to do the job My wireless driver is Improcomm ipn Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Wireless Netwirk Connection is stuck on "Acquiring Network Connection"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-netwirk-connection-is-stuck-on-acquiring-network-connection.809561/
Relevancy 54.61%

When I click onto properties within ie11 I get this (attached) warning from MB Anti-Exploit. If I have a notepad file opened in the session it pops-up along with this warning.
Thanks.

A:Anti Exploit- ie11- click properties

Hi there,I see that the Director of Special Projects at Malwarebytes has answered your question here.Updating to the latest version of MBAE should resolve the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585906/anti-exploit-ie11-click-properties/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have had an on going issues with Vista crashing and then restart some times it does it so quick that I hardly notice it because it was just the OS restarting not the computer rebooting The how and why Vista would restart was unknown though I do and Click when Properties Crashes restarts then Explorer Right on remember a couple of times I would get a media player error but that was not consistant However now the error is consistant Explorer Crashes and then restarts when Right Click on Properties and I can replicate it On certain files when I would RIGHT Click on the file to look their property Vista will crash and after scanning itself restart up At first I have not paid attention to the files in question but today I noticed that when I went to look at the properties for Gas Powered Games' Dungeon Siege because it crashes every time I try to start it I just reinstalled the game yesterday and while I ran into an online issue was able to play the single player version fine but today when I tried to start the game it won't start and crashes I did two searches under Vista restarting and Vista restarting when Right Clicking properties and after reading the results there were a few threads that had very similar issues but they were locked and none of them had an answer So let's try it again anyone got a clue about this issue My system is an ACER that I keep updated with Microsoft Update and protected by AVG as well as the Microsoft utilities

A:Explorer Crashes and then restarts when Right Click on Properties

Are you sure its not just Windows Explorer crashing? I don't see how the OS could restart but not the computer. Try typing sfc /scannow into your start menu. This will check you system files and repair them if they are indeed damaged.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/189330-explorer-crashes-then-restarts-when-right-click-properties.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When I right click the start menu I get a list of options, one of which is Explore, how do I change the properties of this? Right clicking it has the same effect as left clicking it.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I just cleaned underneath the keys of my inspiron laptop because my stepchildren enjoyed getting sticky substances underneath the keys and I wanted my wife to have better functionality I didn't pull up all the properties displays constantly Double-click keys and used alcohol pipe-cleaners and q-tips to clean After letting it dry a while I started it up and everything seemed to work fine Then I noticed that when I double-clicked on desktop icons it displayed the 'properties' menu instead of opening I figured the ALT key was stuck so I took it off and examined it It appeared fine but no matter what I Double-click constantly displays properties seem to do this continues I've tried to follow some online instructions to disable hotkeys but it still continues I assumed it was the ALT key but perhaps I'm mistaken Any advice and or methodology would be greatly appreciated Whoa It's worse than I thought I went onto a browser and apparently I can't type at all What the hell The keyboard reacts Double-click constantly displays properties but not by typing letters it's as if it's all hotkeys now Double-click constantly displays properties ARRRRGH Help please Tried restarting in safe mode and problem persists Only thing I can figure is that one or more of the keys are jammed Wish I could figure out which one Otherwise I'll have to take off half the damn keyboard It doesn't SEEM to be the ALT key since I can still do CRTL-ALT-DEL and bring up the task manager Anyone have any ideas which one might be sticking

A:Double-click constantly displays properties

At wit's end.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491182/double-click-constantly-displays-properties/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys,

Usually I edit my mp3 information by right clicking on the mp3 file and going to 'advanced summary'. This lets me put in the song title, artist, track number, album etc.

However, I recently went in to try and do that...and discovered that the summary section has almost disappeared! All I get now is Track Number, title, and comments. and thats it. I'm afraid to touch those in case it wipes the information i've put into my previous songs. The information is still there... i can see it in winamp and wmp10. Just can't see it by right clicking anymore.

Another forum told me to re-register a DLL: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
Which I did. And it did nothing

Any other ideas on this?
It's Windows XP SP2, but i stopped updating a while ago because of that update that froze your computer.

A:Solved: Weird Right Click Properties Problem

Try this

Start > Run > regsvr32 shmedia.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-weird-right-click-properties-problem.628173/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a neighbors computer a Dell Dimension with gig of Ram and an almost empty gig H Drive Properties to Right very Click Screen load slow The problem I am trying to rectify is a very very slow to load Right Click Screen Properties When you right click on the desktop an hour glass comes up and it takes seconds or longer before screen properties will open I have cleared the cache and all TEMP folders including TEMP from the run window I have defragged the H Drive I have run several SpyWare programs such as SpyBot and nothing leaps out as to why this PC is slow to load screen properties I have also tried using MSCONFIG and deleting all the start up items There are no quot Heavy Duty quot programs running on this PC and is primarily used for email and card games such as Hoyles Runs AVG Free for virus protection Any ideas or suggestions to rectify Right Click Screen Properties very slow to load this slow pc would be very appreciated Thanks in advance kf wax nbsp

A:Right Click Screen Properties very slow to load

These problems are caused by a bad context menu handler
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

The above link, suggests ShellExView scan, to help determine the problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/right-click-screen-properties-very-slow-to-load.108324/
Relevancy 54.61%

"The application or DLL C:\windows\system32\desk.cpl is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Does anyone know what the problem is? I discovered the problem when I attempted to change my desktop photo. XP PRO SP2

A:When I Click On Desktop Properties, I Get An Error Message:

Try this

Go to Start > Run and type:

sfc /scannow

You will probably need to have your windows cd handy. Let us know how it goes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110875/when-i-click-on-desktop-properties-i-get-an-error-message/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

i have been use windows xp with sp2 in my computer.i had cleaned some infected files, and after that it did't work right click on the desktop and properties for change background, screen resolution, screen saver,power option and theme etc.,

A:Windows Xp Desktop Right click properties is resticted

Sounds like you are still infected.

DL ccleaner and malwarebytes. Boot into Safe Mode, run ccleaner to remove all temp files and clean the registry. Then run malwarebytes and remove all of the infected files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-desktop-right-click-properties-is-resticted-388589.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I startup the computer I click on a desktop item and it will show me properties menu for that item instead of opening the program I cannot hit on START it flashes and disappears Found if I hit CTRL and Start it opens Tried to do a System Restore but I desktop not click - program opens properties could not click on the Next button I could not do a SAFE BOOT could not get to that screen followed instructions but it did not run like the computer s instructions so believe this must be affected also I do not know how to fix This computer does not have desktop - click opens properties not program internet access This happened once before over months ago after running a DVD Some how I fixed it also removed the DVD Do not remember what I did And it is doing the same now They have not run that DVD again Any ideas of how to fix I am assuming it is a Windows XP setting problem But am not sure what or where or how to correct nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-click-opens-properties-not-program.1106184/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just bought TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter Model TL-WN G and had followed all necessary procedures both manual and automatic to install the driver specifically in my Windows -Bit desktop computer but every time I installed Won't Connection Enable Network Wireless the driver it shows that in my Network Connection there is the quot Wireless Network Connection quot - Disabled However when I right click into it and try to Enable it shows that it is now Enabling then Enabled but after that my quot Wireless Network Connection quot still Disabled I had already uninstalled my AVG Internet Security and disabled Windows Firewall and Run in Safe-Mode in installing the driver but still no luck it keeps showing that my quot Wireless Network Connection quot still Disabled after trying to Enable it I really appreciate if someone can help me into this Thanks in advance OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock G C-VS Antivirus None nbsp

A:Wireless Network Connection Won't Enable

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\user>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Rocelo
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : smartbro.net

Ethernet adapter VPNSecureMe Connection 1:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VPNSecure.Me TAP-Win32 #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-07-4C-B2-04
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : smartbro.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Contro
ller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-22-99-8A-CF
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::78cc:15f1:75e9:d1f4%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 30 December, 2011 11:44:28 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 31 December, 2011 11:44:28 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890530
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-55-D8-C0-00-25-22-99-8A-CF

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 121.1.3.81
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.smartbro.net:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Tunnel adapter isatap.vpnsecure:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

C:\Users\user>

Hope this information helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-wont-enable.1033640/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey People,

I hope someone can help.

I am using a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 Laptop running Windows XP.

I restarted the laptop, and was prompted to either start Windows normally or start uing last know best configuration-I chose to start with last known best configuration.

Now when I go to Network Connections, there is no Wireless Network Connection Icon. However, when I go to Device Manager, the card is present under Network Adapters(Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card), and it states it is working properly.

How do I get the icon back into Network Connections, so I can use my wireless again? Please help.

Stormie911

A:Wireless Network Connection Disappeared

Hiya Stormie911.

In Device Manager, right-click and uninstall the wireless card and then `Scan for hardware changes` so the system finds it. You may have to run the drivers again but that should renew the hardware installation.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-disappeared.921751/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I'm new here I filled in all my system specs when registering I suppose you can find those in my profile or something otherwise let me know how to share them My brand new home-built windows PC has been running perfectly in every aspect for the last couple of days with the exception of the wireless networks I'm not sure if this is a Windows issue or if I just bought a horrible adapter but I'm guessing it's the first because -My laptop has reasonable reception that is to say the connection connection wireless Awful network doesn't drop out and the download speeds are okay -My laptop finds way more networks all the way to neighbours living a couple houses further away -My laptop has a built-in WLAN adapter without an antenna I figure any card with one should at least have equal if not better reception When I try to connect to my wireless network it usually shows only one network from my next-door neighbour it sometimes shows my home network bars reception usually but doesn't connect and very very rarely it shows my home network and lets me connect When I have network connection I also have internet connection albeit so terribly slow working with it is absolutely impossible I've first installed the drivers for the WLAn adapter that came bundled with it then tried downloading them on another pc and installing them from USB drive but windows said I already had the most up-to-date version Installed Awful wireless network connection anyway and still no difference There are no Windows drivers yet so I went with Vista -bit I have windows -bit I've already ordered Awful wireless network connection a new linksys WLAN adapter because I Awful wireless network connection feel that's probably the quickest way to find out if it's the adapter or windows causing the problems EDIT - Just saw where you can see my system specs and noticed my WLAN adapter isn't there which is pretty relevant so it's the ASUS WL- gE

A:Awful wireless network connection

Quote: Originally Posted by LeBon

Hi, I'm new here. I filled in all my system specs when registering, I suppose you can find those in my profile or something, otherwise let me know how to share them.

My brand new home-built windows 7 PC has been running perfectly in every aspect for the last couple of days, with the exception of the wireless networks. I'm not sure if this is a Windows 7 issue or if I just bought a horrible adapter, but I'm guessing it's the first, because:

-My laptop has reasonable reception, that is to say the connection doesn't drop out and the download speeds are okay.
-My laptop finds way more networks, all the way to neighbours living a couple houses further away.
-My laptop has a built-in WLAN adapter without an antenna, I figure any card with one should at least have equal if not better reception.

When I try to connect to my wireless network, it usually shows only one network from my next-door neighbour, it sometimes shows my home network (3 bars reception usually) but doesn't connect, and very very rarely it shows my home network and lets me connect. When I have network connection I also have internet connection, albeit so terribly slow working with it is absolutely impossible.

I've first installed the drivers for the WLAn adapter that came bundled with it, then tried downloading them on another pc and installing them from USB drive but windows said I already had the most up-to-date version... Installed anyway and still no difference. There are no Windows 7 drivers yet so I went with Vista 32-bit (I have windows 7 32-bit).

I've already ordered a new (linksys) WLAN adapter because I feel that's probably the quickest way to find out if it's the adapter or windows 7 causing the problems.

EDIT - Just saw where you can see my system specs and noticed my WLAN adapter isn't there which is pretty relevant so it's the ASUS WL-138gE

Hello LeBon, and welcome to Windows Seven Forums! Nice job on your system specs, btw. You are appreciated.

There are so many variables that can cause issues with wireless. Even location can cause problems with wireless signals. We will try to help you sort it out.

It might help us if you could capture some screen shots of some of your settings, like:

Screenshot with Paint

Let us know how your new NIC works out and if we can help?

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/38599-awful-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 54.61%

recently upgrade from wireless g to n now having problems keeping a wireless connection limited or no connectivity and acquiring network address hard wired connection from modem works fine however need a wireless connection cuz do not have phone jack in same room as comp currently have to run extension cords and phone line down hallway os i windows xp sp using windows to connect to wireless network hardware is d-link router dir- and wirelessusb adapter dwa- tried everything i know which isn t a whole lot when it comes to networking wireless from other posts i ve read here is a copy of results from ipconfig all with Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings connection network problem wireless Brandon gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name acer- b d Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ambt net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ambt net Description wireless network connection problem NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - C-FC- F-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday February PM Lease Expires Monday February PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description D-Link Wireless N USB Adapter DWA- Physical Address - B- - D- - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Brandon gt is it an ip address problem bty there are times when i have a wireless connection to the network but cannot connect to the internet address not found Any help is greatly appreciated i m totally frustrated nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

hi
i was just wondering if someone could help me with this problem i m having with my wireless netwrok.
ok so i just installed a wireless netwrok adapter on my other computer. nd after i did that my own computer keeps disconnecting and loosing connection. i dunt noe why this is happening. it gets really annoying because when i m surfing on the net it just losses connection.
can n e one tell me how to fix this problem
thanx in advance

Relevancy 54.61%

OS Windows Ultimate SP -bit PC Compaq Laptop Intel Dual CPU GHz Network Adapters Atherose AR WiFi Adapter Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter Wireless Router Belkin Trouble In normal windows start up with wireless router on and internet connected The system will run very slow sluggish programs will hang or not Wireless trouble network connection open not responding This includes the task manager Browsers will not open or operate normally The system will not operate normally If you press the WiFi connection button on the laptop next to the power button it will turn from blue on to orange off then will turn right back on by it s self will not Wireless network connection trouble stay off Have tried I have started the system in Safe Mode with Networking The system runs normally programs open close browsers operate normally and the WiFi connection button operates normally Note I have another laptop that uses the Belkin wireless router with no trouble I have shut off Avast Antivirus and Zone Alarm Firewall eventually uninstalled Zone Alarm Went to the Device Manager and updated Disabled and Enabled Network Adapters restarting OS of course No help I have deleted the Belkin Wireless Network Connection restarted the OS then created a new connection No help I have posted in the Forums thinking it was a Virus Trojan or other Nothing was found and was referred to this section of the Forum Any suggestions Thanks Linda nbsp

A:Wireless network connection trouble

programs will hang or not open ( not responding ). This includes the task manager. Browsers will not open or operate normally. The system will not operate normally.Click to expand...

hmm, that sounds like other issues than just WiFi - - did someone have you run the standalone MSRT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-trouble.183790/
Relevancy 54.61%

I m trying to connect a PC to my wireless network but am having issues Using both a trendnet wireless N PCI network card and a Linksys G wireless G PCI network card I have the same issue whereby the connection an unprotected mixed B G to wireless get network solid a connection Can't N but have tried only N Can't get a solid connection to wireless network on the trendnet wifi appears in the Windows connection list but upon clicking quot connect quot I am told Windows was unable to connect to the network and then the network dissapears Later on it will randomly appear and will stay as such until I try to connect I ve tried using an Asus wireless N USB Can't get a solid connection to wireless network adapter with the PC the problem is different I can connect to the network and the connection will appear fine in the taskbar but trying to open a webpage either does Can't get a solid connection to wireless network not happen or is excruciatingly slow I ve confirmed that the drivers for each was correctly installed and that no other wireless card drivers were installed The signal is strong Any ideas nbsp

A:Can't get a solid connection to wireless network

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-a-solid-connection-to-wireless-network.1006903/
Relevancy 54.61%

Wireless network connection is missing from change adapter setting

tried reboot and system restore but no help

Please help

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone I have a bit of a dilemma with my wireless network at home Currently I am typing this on my network problems connection Wireless HP Pavilion laptop about - years old and I am connected to my wireless network the wireless router is at the opposite end of my house and on the floor above with bars signal strength However I also have a Dell laptop Wireless network connection problems used for work that will not Wireless network connection problems connect As far as I can see the connection settings are the same on both laptops but on the Dell machine even though it can Wireless network connection problems see the network with only bars signal strength it will not connect when I try I get the message saying that quot Windows was unable to connect to quot I run the troubleshooter and it says it cannot identify any problem My first question is is there a way to resolve this problem - I can t understand why the Dell laptop won t connect if it can see the network My second question is what is the best way to extend my wireless network s range I have tried using a Netgear Powerline extender with a wireless access point at one end but I can t get it configured properly I ve tried lots of different scenarios and currently have an open call logged with Netgear If I am unable to get that working do I have any other alternatives I am not able to move the wireless router as there is a PC in the room that needs to be physically cabled into the back All of my machines here are running Windows Is there a useful utility I could download that could help me or can anyone offer any advice please Thanks for reading nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have connection problems network Wireless just recently gotten a new Netgear wireless USB adapter after going a few months without internet After I got my new USB adapter I thought I could just plug it into my computer and it would work just like the last one I had because I still had Wireless network connection problems all the software Wireless network connection problems on my computer It didnt work out that way and I ended up redoing the whole CD process of getting my USB adapter to Wireless network connection problems work again The USB adapter works but what happens is when I turn on my computer the internet wont start up till I disconnect from my network and then reconnect I know that I was told by my ISP that only people can be part of the network and any other computers using the network are just sharing my connection Why can t I have a steady connection am I just sharing my connection or am I in the network and how can I fix this problem nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello All,
I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 with Windows 7 Professional on 64bit as OS like a week ago. I set up the wireless connection to my home network and it was working fine till last night... This morning I had a problem connecting to the same wireless network.. It found the network but unable to connect .... I tried to delete the existing networks through Network Sharing Center --> Manage Wireless Networks and added our home network again..It says "Wireless network connection has invalid IP Address".. and not working... But my roommate's laptop with XP as OS is connecting to our home network and working...

Please help me how to fix this issue.

Thanks

A:Problem with Wireless network Connection

It might be helpful to reset the TCP-IP stack which sometimes can fix this problem.
At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
Note If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command: netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Reboot the computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/105620-problem-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi my first post here I am experiencing a strange problem with my Dell D on XP PRO SP Intel R PRO dropping connection network Wireless Wireless BG Network Connection I was using this machine without a problem in combination with a wireless modem Thomson SpeedTouch i I then upgraded my contract and installed a new Thomson SpeedTouch i This modem shows up with excellent signal quality all the time and I am quite near to it The problem Wireless network connection dropping I am having is that the conection drops out regularly sometimes every couple of minutes and sometimes it stays OK for hours I see no pattern in when the problem occurs I use MS-Outlook and synchronise the mailbox every minutes and often I return to the PC to find that outlook is in error because it was unable to connect to the network The wireless connection status Icon Wireless network connection dropping in the system tray shows the black screen with a red X over it I found that once an error was encountered the network connection is not bringing itself back to life again I normally then right click the icon and click repair which will eventually restore the connection I tried this PC at a friends place with the exact same ST i modem where it showed the same problems as here at home so that would rule out an error in the modem Trying my laptop on another older speedtouch modem did NOT give me the same problem The XP Networks diagnostics shows me the following gt gt gt Last diagnostic run time Network Adapter DiagnosticNetwork location detectioninfoNetwork location could not be detectedactionUser input required Select network locationinfoUsing home Internet connectioninfoRedirecting user to support call HTTP HTTPS FTP DiagnosticHTTP HTTPS FTP connectivitywarnFTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The connection with the server was reset infoHTTP Successfully connected to www microsoft com infoHTTPS Successfully connected to www microsoft com warnFTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The connection with the server was reset errorCould not make an FTP connection lt lt lt I would appreciate any suggestions for things I can try Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless network connection dropping

Basic troubleshooting for wireless problems.

1 Right click your network connection and select Repair.

2 Change the channel on the router to something other then 6, which is the default on most routers.

3 For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.

4 Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.

5 Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

6 Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-dropping.822334/