Windows Support Forum

Hanging on BIOS splash screen after upgrading

Q: Hanging on BIOS splash screen after upgrading

I am now at my wits end having just upgraded some of my hardware I recently bought myself a new WD Tb sata drive a new midi tower case and a Gigabyte GeForce GTX card As my old tower couldn't take the new card i needed a new tower that could I spent Thursday stripping out the PSU mobo soundcard hd drives and RAM and rebuilding them in to the new rig Apart from some swearing when i on screen splash BIOS after Hanging upgrading realised the ATX cable literally only just made it to the socket with some strategic manoeuvres the new build was ready to go I hit the switch and everything stopped at the bios splash screen I hve read through some of the Hanging on BIOS splash screen after upgrading other threads here for any help and nothing worked I've reset CMOS i've taken out the battery i've stripped everything out and reseated all connectors i've tried each device individually The speaker is sounding the single 'everything okay' beep I take out the RAM and reboot and the speaker goes mad as expected The keyboard is working fine as it allows a ctrl alt del reset but won't let me in to the BIOS I was about to put the original rig back together to see if something went wrong between the two but one of my lovely kids spilled a glass of orange over my old GFX card Help Current unworking build Gigabyte GA-Z -DS H Intel i Gb DDR Corsair XMS Tb Seagate Barracuda Tb Western Digital Gigabyte GeForce GTX Windforce Inwin GT Midi ATX case

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382743-hanging-bios-splash-screen-after-upgrading.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hanging on BIOS splash screen after upgrading

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 96.75%

I am working on Gateway dx310x, for someone, and when you turn on the computer the bios splash screen comes up to where you can hit F2 or F10 and sits there for 45-90 seconds before booting into windows.

If you hit F2 or F10 it takes 45 - 90 seconds to get into those menu's also.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this. I havent had a chance to flash the BIOS.

Thanks

A:Gateway dx310x hanging at BIOS Splash Screen

This is often caused by a piece of hardware. The device is setup in BIOS and BIOS is querying it repeatedly, but it's giving incomplete answers.

A cause of this can be poor connections at the device or mobo. Remove and replace your drives power and signal cables at both ends.

Other causes are a device going bad. A troubled HDD will give this kind of forewarning. Download & burn a test CD from the manufacturers website. A CD drive going bad could also cause it. I've also seen an older floppy drive that hardly got used cause this issue.

USB devices can cause this (including the mouse or keyboard). Disconnect USB devices one at a time and test. External USB hard drives often cause this type of stall.

Then there is the PSU. If it's failing, this symptom sometimes shows up. I usually try a different PSU first, if that doesn't change anything, then disconnect all the drives and test, remove and replace the RAM, remove the GPU and use the internal, and so on. This all serves to narrow down the issue to the particular hardware device causing the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gateway-dx310x-hanging-at-bios-splash-screen-622239.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,
I've tried the suggestions on what to do if the computer won't boot, such as chkdsk and fixmbr. Did the hardware scan, all is well.

chkdsk said it fixed some stuff... not very specific on what it was.
fixmbr said the boot record was either bad or non-standard, so I went ahead and re-wrote it, but with the same result.

What are my other options for system recovery?

Thanks.

A:Blue Screen after bios splash, no XP splash

Error message?

System manufacturer and model?

Have you read your owner's manual?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300223/blue-screen-after-bios-splash-no-xp-splash/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Guys,

A PC at our disaster site has decided it no longer wants to boot in normal mode. It gets to what I would call the splash screen (hope thats the right term - XP logo on a black background with the scrolling bar below) and just stays there, until it is turned off by holding in the power button. It will, however, boot into safe mode.

I don't think there are any dodgy drivers or applications installed on it - well, there shouldn't be!!

I have tried using a XP disc to repair the installation - fixboot and fixmbr but it still hangs.

Chkdsk ran from the recovery disc seems ok.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to get it to boot would be gratefully received!
Cheers
Andy

A:XP Pro hanging on splash screen

In Safe Mode, go to Device Manager and remove the video adaptor . . restart and let it "Discover the Card and load the drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-hanging-on-splash-screen.680881/
Relevancy 78.69%

I had a previous post about a screen XP hanging (again) at splash error popup about a Lexmark printer driver not being found So I used autoruns to disable it from the Logon section then all quot seemed quot ok so I deleted it Now I am XP hanging at splash screen (again) unable to boot into XP I have Win also on this computer and can XP hanging at splash screen (again) boot into it fine and can also boot into XP safe mode I m in that right now Nothing shows up exceptions in the event viewer except the drivers unable to load in safe mode I have tried chkdsk r fixmbr bootcfg default started to try bootcfg rebuild but was unsure of how to answer the questions it asked fixboot and system restore I enabled bootlogging it is pages so will post the log up the the first few pages showing when the first driver failed to load Hope ya ll can help this dummy like you usually can Service Pack Loaded driver WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe Loaded driver WINDOWS system hal dll Loaded driver WINDOWS system KDCOM DLL Loaded driver WINDOWS system BOOTVID dll Loaded driver ACPI sys Loaded driver WINDOWS system DRIVERS WMILIB SYS Loaded driver pci sys Loaded driver isapnp sys Loaded driver ohci sys Loaded driver WINDOWS system DRIVERS BUS SYS Loaded driver pciide sys Loaded driver WINDOWS system DRIVERS PCIIDEX SYS Loaded driver viaide sys Loaded driver intelide sys Loaded driver MountMgr sys Loaded driver ftdisk sys Loaded driver dmload sys Loaded driver dmio sys Loaded driver PartMgr sys Loaded driver VolSnap sys Loaded driver atapi sys Loaded driver ftsata sys Loaded driver WINDOWS system DRIVERS SCSIPORT SYS Loaded driver disk sys Loaded driver WINDOWS system DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS Loaded driver fltmgr sys Loaded driver sr sys Loaded driver Lbd sys Loaded driver bb-run sys Loaded driver PxHelp sys Loaded driver KSecDD sys Loaded driver Ntfs sys Loaded driver NDIS sys Loaded driver sbp port sys Loaded driver Mup sys Did not load driver ACPI Multiprocessor PC Did not load driver MS ArPolicy Driver Did not load driver Audio Codecs Did not load driver Legacy Audio Drivers Did not load driver Media Control Devices Did not load driver Legacy Video Capture Devices Did not load driver Video Codecs Did not load driver WAN Miniport L TP Did not load driver WAN Miniport IP Did not load driver WAN Miniport PPPOE Did not load driver WAN Miniport PPTP Did not load driver Packet Scheduler Miniport Did not load driver Packet Scheduler Miniport Did not load driver Direct Parallel Did not load driver pcouffin device for bits systems Did not load driver MS ArPolicy Driver Did not load driver Audio Codecs Did not load driver Legacy Audio Drivers Did not load driver Media Control Devices Did not load driver Legacy Video Capture Devices Did not load driver Video Codecs Did not load driver WAN Miniport L TP Did not load driver WAN Miniport IP Did not load driver WAN Miniport PPPOE Did not load driver WAN Miniport PPTP Did not load driver Packet Scheduler Miniport Did not load driver Packet Scheduler Miniport Did not load driver Direct Parallel Did not load driver pcouffin device for bits systems Did not load driver AMD K Processor Did not load driver AMD K Processor Did not load driver MS ArACPI Driver Did not load driver MS ArPolicy Driver Did not load driver Audio Codecs Did not load driver Legacy Audio Drivers Did not load driver Media Control Devices Did not load driver Legacy Video Capture Devices Did not load driver Video CodecsI also checked the ACPI Multiprocessor PC in device manager and it will not allow to uninstall driver and shows nothing in the disable enable

A:XP hanging at splash screen (again)

I am not sure what you mean about the option to fixboot.

The option rewrites the boot sector, if they option is available choose it and allow it to confirm the changes.

If I misunderstood your intial question please forgive me here.

You can also do a repair install, which should not remove your previous install of windows.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330809/xp-hanging-at-splash-screen-again/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi guys I have W x installed with all updates I am running the OS from a at screen W7 hanging splash SSD with about gig free and also have a second drive with approx gig free My system has been trouble free until just recently it would not start after some testing we worked out the problem was hardware with the PSU so we replaced the unit Now I find the system hangs when at the W splash screen with the coloured flag emblem and the words quot starting Windows Home Premium quot This was W7 hanging at splash screen unexpected as it appears to be a software problem and the system was not actually running when the PSU died so windows should not have been affected My problem is now I cannot even get into the system W7 hanging at splash screen using safe mode or booting from the W DVD - I initially could access the OS drive via safe mode so I attempted to reinstall W using the DVD over the top of the existing W install hoping this would fix the issue and avoid a more drastic complete format of the OS disk But the install will not complete as it always also hangs at the now dreaded splash screen And I can no longer access the drive using safe mode as I now get an error saying quot the installation cannot be completed using safe mode the instal will now reboot your system quot which then ends up ganing at the splash screen - If I try booting from the W disk it jumps straight to the splash screen after installing some unspecified files and the system then just hangs I have tried using a bootable XP DVD to get to a level where I can just reformat the OS drive but this failed as it could not detect a windows OS Basically I am at the stage now that I just want to reformat the OS drive but how can I do that Safe mode menu does not have an option to start with a DOS screen like the good old days and starting with command prompt option just goes to the dreaded splash screen and hangs So I guess my questionis how can I bypass W and reformat my OS drive drive C or alternatively can I cancel the now hung incomplete reinstal so that I can use safe mode to access the OS drive again Thanks heaps in advance Cheers all

A:W7 hanging at splash screen

Quote: Originally Posted by cmh

how can I bypass W7 and reformat my OS drive (drive C), or alternatively can I cancel the now hung incomplete reinstal so that I can use safe mode to access the OS drive again?

Hi,

You need to use the CLEAN and FORMAT commands available from DISKPART.

Do this:

Note
Physically disconnect the HDD for now

1. Boot from the Windows 7 DVD as if you were going to install
2. At the Language Screen press SHIFT+F10 - this will open a command window:

Command Prompt at Startup

3. Now follow this tutorial to run the CLEAN command -Steps 1,3,4,5,6 and 7 only

Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

4. Now proceed to format the disk and create a new installation partition - OPTION 2 Step 1 to 8 only

Partition or Volume - Create New

I recommend using these:

Code:
Diskpart
List disk
Select disk 0
Clean
Create partition primary align=1024
Format fs=ntfs quick
Active
Exit
It ensures proper alignment of the SSD as described here:
SSD Alignment

Now close the command window, and try to install as you normally would. If installation completes succesfully, reconnect the HDD again.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293913-w7-hanging-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi All ,
I have a Q6600 cpu on a Asus P5n-sli board 4gig ram 9800gtx v card
Started experiencing a few lock ups whilst playing games which the only way out of was a 8 second hold on the on button but now i get to the splash screen for the mobo and it hangs there .
Have reseated the ram and cpu also diconnected all drives to see if anything would make a difference all to no avail .
Am i looking at a new mobo or a new cpu ?or both :-(
Thanks for your help ?

A:Hanging on the Splash Screen before Post

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hanging-on-the-splash-screen-before-post.114043/
Relevancy 77.83%

When I boot my PC up, it hangs for a couple of minutes on the splash screen and is completely unresponsive (I can't enter the BIOS), but afterwards it boots up just fine and seems to run without issue, although recently I've had a couple of blue screens which might be due to the same problem(?). I have recently upgraded to a 770 and currently only have a 600W PSU, could this be the cause of the problem?

I have tried unplugging all the USB's and I have checked all the power cables, both making no difference.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

A:Hanging at splash screen on startup

Power could be an issue on start up lets get a look at the temps and voltages as well as any .dmp files from the BSOD's

D/L and run Hardware Monitor do something intense like a virus scan or gaming for a bit, Alt+Tab back to HWM expand all the trees and use the Win7 snipping tool to grab a screen shot of the HWM window, post the screen shot using the paperclip button in the advanced message box(Go Advanced button).

And for the dmp's> Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Lets see if the BSOD dump file(s) can tell us whats going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/hanging-at-splash-screen-on-startup-775314.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all - I really hope someone can help me

On Saturday my computer started giving me problems when starting or resuming. It boots fine but when it gets to the windows 7 splash screen the log in box takes up to 20 mins to display. When it does display I can log in and the computer runs fine.

I have tried:
- virus scan which is clean
- malwarebytes comes up with nothing
- restoring to before the problem started

But, the problems remains - up to 20 mins for the log in to appear. It is almost as if it forgets to put it up.

I really hope someone has some suggestions. Thanks in advance

A:computer hanging on splash screen - please help

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386371/computer-hanging-on-splash-screen-please-help/
Relevancy 77.83%

My Computer Video Board Raydeon MB DDR AGP X X BUS M B MSI KT Ultra w via KT chipset Ram DDR FSB Athlon G Maxtor Computer is the oldest of four I own Mama and kids have the new stuff I have the stuff to build a new one to blow by them but up until now this computer has worked just fine for what I use it for I took some digital pics of our last Hanging Screen to Splash long senior in high school to save on senior pictures I had them burned to disc at Wallgreens or Wal-mart Viewed them just fine but others wanted copies I stup up the D and E CD-ROM drives as usual and called up Nero to make copies Up until now I had only used them for dubbing music Multiple windows slowly appeared Nero never fully loaded and I lost control Ctrl Alt Del was no help full lock-up hard shut down Now when I Splash Screen Hanging to long reboot the computer it hands on the XP Splash screen for a full cup of coffee Once in all seems ok but even at this units age I had the start up streamlined enough as to where she came up pretty quick Not any more Any suggestions robodoc nbsp

A:Splash Screen Hanging to long

I've run Spybot, Ad Aware, Registry Mechanic, Check Disk, and De-Frag. No Help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/splash-screen-hanging-to-long.751438/
Relevancy 76.97%

Greetings all

I have a problem. I had to switch my pc off before shutting down properly earlier today. Each time I attempt to boot, I get the message ' windows did not start properly etc..' and I am given a choice of whether to start in safe mode, last known setting that worked, or normally, etc. When attempting to start normally, I get the windows xp splash screen whith the progress bar for a few seconds, then at the point it would normally switch to the blue password prompt, the screen goes black. No error message, no cursor, no nothing. The system just hangs. It does exactly the same when I try 'last known settings that worked'. On trying in safe mode, the list of drivers it is attempting to load comes up, fills the screen, and then just stays like that. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance....

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi to all at the Tech Support Guy forums I m wondering if you can help me with a rather unwelcome problem I recently Saturday received a new Core Quad Q that I had ordered to replace my current ageing Celeron D GHz processor I immediately set about performing the upgrade I put my computer together myself so understand all the required precautions to take and am confident upgrading but when I attempted to turn the computer back on it only booted as far as the splash screen of the CPU. Stall problem? Upgrading at PSU screen. splash motherboard and went no Upgrading CPU. Stall at splash screen. PSU problem? further When I tried to boot into the bios or any other of the options there was no response and despite trying with different arrangements of RAM minimal items plugged into the motherboard the problem persists I figured at first that it was a problem I had created and maybe the motherboard had given up the ghost or perhaps the graphics card or Upgrading CPU. Stall at splash screen. PSU problem? hard drive but my worries with all of these was laid to rest when I Upgrading CPU. Stall at splash screen. PSU problem? decided to try out my old CPU again and found everything in the perfect working order it had been in immediately prior to the upgrade attempt The motherboard is guaranteed capable of supporting a quad core processor and I can think of nothing else that could possibly be the cause All this has brought me to the conclusion that the issue lies in one of two places that either the CPU is faulty or that the power supply I have is insufficient to power a beasty core quad The situation I am left with is that I have no other power supply of greater power to test - the PSU is about years old and came in a shop bought PC by the way - and if I opt to send the processor back I would firstly have to package up the other some large items I bought at the same time as per the requirement of the retailer and send it all back despite the others working perfectly and second possibly face a charge if it turns out the CPU is fine and something else was the problem I am planning on buying a new PSU as I m gradually splitting my PC into though didn t plan to purchase it yet But my real question is what is the requirement of a PSU to run a Q and is it possible that a PSU not meeting it could cause the problem I am experiencing Hope this post wasn t too long and didn t put too many of you to sleep and thank you in advance for any replies I am very grateful for your help Adam nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Okay so lately I've noticed that my PC isn't displaying the BIOS splash and skips screen PC to splash BIOS login straight screen goes screen anymore and skips straight to the Windows login screen It didn't really bother me until today when I wanted to boot into Ubuntu and I couldn't select which PC skips BIOS splash screen and goes straight to login screen OS I wanted to use I'm pretty sure the problem isn't the BIOS itself since I unplugged all the peripherals except the speakers removed all the RAM and PC skips BIOS splash screen and goes straight to login screen the BIOS did beep repeatedly And given enough time I can boot into windows and only windows Apparently people have had this problem before and all the solutions I've read such as quot Press 'del' to go into your BIOS quot really doesn't help since I can't see anything in my BIOS menu The only solution that made sense to me was that my CMOS battery could be dying I haven't changed my rig since I built it in The only significant event that happened recently might be that Windows updated itself tl dr -PC doesn't display BIOS splash screen -Can't see messages displayed by system -When windows does bootup everything runs just fine -Haven't changed rig for years

A:PC skips BIOS splash screen and goes straight to login screen

This is normally a BIOS setting called "Fast boot" or something such. It might have toggled off due to low battery causing a reset. This may also explain why a BIOS Boot Menu no longer appears.

It won't hurt to change your CMOS battery and might help. You can reset your BIOS at the same time which is also indicated: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

Do you have Ubuntu (wisely) on another HD so you need the BIOS Boot menu to show up when you press it's hot key? If so make sure all HD's are detected in BIOS setup and BIOS Boot order is set to preferred HD first. If BIOS Boot menu still doesn't show up using hotkey, change boot order to other OS HD to see if it will in fact boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221468-pc-skips-bios-splash-screen-goes-straight-login-screen.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi Folks.

Just wondering if it is possible to customize the BIOS splash screen at all?

I have an MSI KT400 board (uses AMI BIOS) and would like to see something a bit more interesting than the MSI logo or P.O.S.T

Cheers

Gaz

A:BIOS Splash Screen

Your braver than I if you mess with that, I've seen some hacks done with award bios, but I'd never do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-splash-screen.121911/
Relevancy 70.52%

i got laptop from our government. when i open it i have to show the govt logo and chief ministers face everey time. i want to see the original HP logo. i dont no how to do it. plz suggest me how to overcome this kid of thing.My specifications-

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/About-BIOS-splash-Screen/td-p/5788050
Relevancy 69.66%

can anyone help me here? i just recently removed my motherboard from the case to clean out my desktop pc and now the hp logo for the bios screen is missing, i just don't know how this happened, now when it boots it comes up with American Migrants text. So i do believe that they are the ones that created the bios for my computer but I'd rather have the Hp logo startup with my computer because that's the type of pc that it is, can anyone help me get it back please?

A:Hp Bios Splash Screen Missing

There should be a bios setting that enables/disables the logo. Read your manual as to the exact location of menus/options.

FWIW I would much rather see POST data than see a splash screen however that is your choice. In fact ALL of my systems display POST data rather than the motherboard mfg's splash screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-bios-splash-screen-missing.1157928/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi All An old machine I know but perfectly usable.However when I boot up it always asks for F1 key to boot past the bios screenIs there any way around this?All the machine has is 2 drives in raid array. Thanks for any assistance John

A:F1 key to get past bios splash screen

The first thing I would do is replace the CMOS battery.  On an old machine when it is asking for the F1, that is likely a BIOS losing the settings due to the CMOS battery.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/F1-key-to-get-past-bios-splash-screen/td-p/5823126
Relevancy 69.66%

This is a weird one. I was running a NVidia 220GT PCIe video card on the PC listed in my system specs. I just swapped that for a ZOTAC NVidia GT 640 PCIe card. Now on boot up I don't see my BIOS splash screen. It's just a blank black screen with one beep and then the Windows 7 loading screen. I can still access the BIOS and look at all my settings. I tried turning show Full Screen Logo on and off and it made no difference. If I turn the BIOS fast boot option off I get the BIOS splash screen, but that adds a lot of time to my boot time. I'm just wondering if anybody else has experienced anything like this? I can still access my BIOS so its not causing me any grief. Weird?

A:No BIOS splash screen on bootup

It looks like its just the full screen logo that doesn't show. On a cold start this morning I saw the BIOS post screen with the logo turned off. On an F 10 save and reboot it doesn't show. It's not a Windows problem and its not a BIOS setting so its just something to do with timing and the new Video card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/303081-no-bios-splash-screen-bootup.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a computer that is freezing on the bios screen when normally booted. If I pull the HDD out of the computer it at least passes the splash screen to say I have no bootable device. I have ran a memory test, motherboard test, and CPU test with everything passing. I have also removed the Bios Jumper/battery to reset the bios. The computer is a m9517c, the HDD is a Seagate SATA drive. Anyone have any thoughts??? If the HDD is bad would the computer not pass Bios, or do you think its a motherboard issue? Thanks in advance.

-Alex

A:Freezes on Bios Splash Screen

Do you have a Windows install disc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezes-on-bios-splash-screen.987224/
Relevancy 69.66%

I started my computer (Compaq Presario desktop 2gb ram, 140gb hd, 2.2ghz cpu, win 7 ultimate) a few days ago and it would show the HP splash screen and then go black with a flashing cursor in the upper left corner. I shut it down and restarted and went to setup and reset the defaults and it started. Now every time I start the computer I have to reset the defaults for it to boot.
I couldn't find anything similar to my problem, I looked.
I hope I put this in the right spot.
Thanks.

A:Bios splash screen then blank

Sounds like your systems CMOS battery may need replacing, is it showing the correct time and date?

In your Bios you should be able to find a list of voltages, see what it shows for the battery (vbat).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-splash-screen-then-blank.1114431/
Relevancy 69.66%

I was doing a fresh reinstall of windows XP on my new 160GB hdd. I needed a file called "smartdrv.exe" that was on my old 20gig HDD. I exited FDISK, took out the floppy disc and CD I was using and turned off the computer. I tried to set up my 20GB as the master, along with the 160GB. I turned on the computer, and it will not go bast the BIOS splash screen. It literally freezes after the POST beep. I cannot enter the BIOS, ctrl alt delete wont work, nothing. I tried going back to just the 160GB, no luck. I tried starting it up with no hard drives, no luck. IT IS MORE FROZEN THAN THE POLAR ICE CAPS! Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks,
-X

Relevancy 69.66%

Hey

My grandma has a Dell Inspiron 1545 (I think).

When one tries to power it on, the power light comes on for several seconds, and then goes off. Things start spinning up in the first couple seconds after the power button is pressed. The screen is completely blank the whole time. It seems like it must be a power issue, but she thinks that the battery should have lasted from when the power supply tanked to when she found the computer powered off. What could be wrong? (Hope this is intelligible; I'm rather tired.)

Thanks,

B

A:No BIOS splash screen (or boot)

This is a laptop isn't it?
Have you tried powering it up on the mains but with the battery removed?
If the powersupply has died then it is possible that it killed the battery in the process, so the theory of the battery taking over won't necessarily be the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-bios-splash-screen-or-boot.1096433/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

I wasn't sure if this would be best posted in the Hardware or Software forum, so if its in the wrong place, mods, please feel free to move this.

My question is this: I just recently bought a new Acer Aspire T320 desktop, and when I turn it on, there is this butt-ugly Acer splash screen that comes up before Windows starts loading, and again right before the login screen comes up. I tried looking around on the net to see if there's a generic way that Windows XP loads splash screens at startup (not including the usual XP startup screen), but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how to remove this Acer splash screen?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I am having an unusual problem with Desktop PC Sometimes when I boot the computer it will show the Gigabyte splash and then go black the moment it switches to what would have been the quot starting windows quot screen I am positive that it after BIOS screen Splash Black is not Black screen after BIOS Splash the monitor because I never hear the Black screen after BIOS Splash windows login sounds or music When this happens the only way I am able to fix it temporarily is by re-slotting the memory sticks in the motherboard I did this on a suggestion that it may be a bad stick but based on my experience of switching them out and using them separately this doesn't appear to be the case Any suggestions on how to proceed Thank you for looking Desktop Windows Enterprise GIGABYTE GA- A-UD P AM AMD SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard AMD FD FRHKBOX FX- FX-Series -Core Black Edition MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX OC GB GDDR DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card N TF GD OC Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR MHz PC Desktop Memory CML GX M A C

A:Black screen after BIOS Splash

I have had similar issues, but sometimes it can be a combination of issues rather than just one.

First I suggest you reset your BIOS, then configure as you need it. Then disconnect all SATA connections except your boot device. Also and even more importantly disconnect ALL your USB connections, including mouse and keyboard.

Boot... see what happens. Boot a few times to make sure you have a consistent response.

All well? try reconnecting SATA devices one at a time booting after each addition. All not well, determine the SATA device causing the problem. Try it on a different SATA port to determine if the port on mother board is the problem.

Repeat with USB devices.

lf on the other hand after removing USB and SATA devices you still get this problem, run memtest. post results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-bios-splash-1157346.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi everybody :

This is a question about Windows 7 Operating System. I notice, every once in a while, when I boot up, the display gets stuck on the BIOS splash screen. Then I manually turn my computer off.....wait a minute before booting back up. Then the BIOS screen only displays for a second or so, then proceeds with the boot up process. Is this indicate that my Operating System might've gotten corrupt ? My Operating System is : Windows 7 Professional / 32-bit.
Thanks,
garystan

A:Display gets stuck on the BIOS splash screen

Hi try running these, No. 1 SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Help Forums
No. 2 The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-gets-stuck-on-the-bios-splash-screen-1066594.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My computer was working fine, but whenever i tried updating my Bios it said something about the CMOS being bad...so i tried plugging my SATA hardrive into a different spot on my motherboard(was in slot 3 i put it into slot one), upon doing that my computer fromze on the MSI boot screen....so i tried clearing the CMOS, even tried removing the battery, but nothing worked...I have absolutley no idea what would have caused this to happen and would greatly appreciate and help or suggestions...thanks in advance!

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi My hp pavillion a f running Windows Vista recently froze I restarted it and the computer froze at the splash screen where it says quot Hp quot and quot intel quot and gives the options for setup diagnostics etc However can't get screen, intel splash at freezes bios PC to when I try to enter setup nothing happens I am not a computer expert but am familiar enough to have done the following things to try to figure out what is broken I unplugged everything from the motherboard except power and fans Same result as above I took one PC freezes at intel splash screen, can't get to bios memory stick out Same result Tried the other Same result Clear CMOS on the motherboard with the jumper NOW I can get past the blue splash screen to a black screen that says something like quot default BIOS settings loaded due to bios PC freezes at intel splash screen, can't get to bios update or checksum issue Press F to setup or allow boot to continue quot I press F but it just proceeds to boot and says quot Disk Boot Failure insert quot Tried with hard drive plugged in Same result as Tried with everything plugged in Back to being stuck at blue splash screen Replaced CMOS battery None of the results changed Does this seem like the motherboard is bad or the bios or both If it is just the bios can you reflash the bios without being able to access it I don t have a floppy drive and I don t even know what the default boot sequence is I don t know what type of BIOS we have or what version we have without being able to access it either Thank you in advance for any opinions or suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

So I've got Computer screen splash freezes at BIOS a HP slimline s f that locks up at the bios Computer freezes at BIOS splash screen splash screen Upon boot i hit f to get into the bios Come the HP boot screen where it says hit f for setup esc for boot menu ect The computer freezes I am not able to boot off any discs because i cant get into the boot menu Cant roll back the bios cannot access the bios I've tried flashing the bios pulling the CMOS battery and switching the jumper over Didnt work I've tried rotating the RAM and testing both sticks alone in the slots Didn't work The initial problem that caused all of this was because an ipod wasn't properly recognized by a computer Apple tech support told the user to quot update the bios quot In no way shape or form would updating the bios fix this problem but hey that's apple tech for you The user went through with this update and now we have our situation I am going to test the hard drive and make sure there are no bad sectors or anything because I heard that there is a possibility that the hard drive could be going The motherboard is a m n -ar http h www hp com ewfrf wc d n amp dlc en amp cc us Anyone have any suggestions or anything This has me baffled

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-at-bios-splash-screen-519820.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I had Windows 10 on this PC with the latest BIOS update favoring Windows 10. However, decided to downgrade back to Windows 7 using a fresh install I got on my USB drive. Everything works fine, but the only thing I noticed is that it skips the BIOS splash screen and goes straight to the Starting Windows screen. I went into my BIOS today (B85M-DS3H) and found that 'fast boot' is disabled. I didn't install Windows 7 using UEFI as far as I know as the Detected boot Environment line in the setupact.txt file state BIOS and not UEFI. I made sure to have it set to the optimized default settings after installing Windows 7.

I don't see this as a major problem as I can still access the BIOS and the OS is working, but I'm just curious if this is normal or bad.

A:Windows 7 skips BIOS splash screen

There is nothing to worry about. On my board (remember the BIOS is the board and has nothing to do with software) sometimes I see the BIOS flash screen and sometimes I don't. There is nothing to worry about.

Some BIOS allow you to disable the splash screen so you don't see anything also fast boot would also disable it (but you checked that was disabled anyway).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-skips-bios-splash-screen-1065322.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello guy and gals I ve been trying to diagnose this problem with the PC Past BIOS Boot Splash Won't Screen help of a few friends and we re out of ideas at this point The PC Won't Boot Past BIOS Splash Screen computer in question is a home built PC the worked fine for two years before this problem occurred I m told the problem first started when it got a virus but I don t know for sure The PC has an Asus P N -E SLI MB and it s running Vista Home Premium -Bit When I start the computer it loads to the bios splash screen and normally freezes there occasionally I m able to get into the bios before it freezes where I can see that all of the temps are normal and nothing jumps out as unusual however I only have about seconds to look through it before it freezes PC Won't Boot Past BIOS Splash Screen Before this started it would just just keep rebooting when it got to the post screen with occasional distortion of the bios splash screen I have tried replacing the hard drive with a known working one and I have replaced the video card with a known working one I have also pulled all of the ram out of the computer and tried each stick individually without success I have pulled the battery several times and cleared the capacitors and so far I have gotten nowhere Any ideas are greatly appreciated thank you in advance for your help nbsp

A:PC Won't Boot Past BIOS Splash Screen

Only suspects left then are Motherboard/CPU and PSU. I guess you can try to check atleast CPU in some other board if possible to start with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-past-bios-splash-screen.146351/
Relevancy 68.8%

Need some help here Beyond frustrated Windows Mobo Gigabyte GA- -D H Vid Card EVGA GTX trying to replace with GT low profile which I'm also pissed off with because it's Computer splash at stuck screen BIOS about half the size of the so I know it's going to suck Was in Computer stuck at BIOS splash screen a rush to fix this crap and didn't research much PSU Silencer Mk wats Started when my computer crashed with a video anomaly It's not something very new as I've been having crashing and video anomaly problems with this card for years and I figured it was only a matter of time before it gave up the ghost Tried restarting my comp a few times and it continued to make all Computer stuck at BIOS splash screen of the bootup noises including letting me log in with my password even though the screen was blank After trying this a few times it stopped getting that far and would only have the one initial start up beep Got this new video card which I was immediately displeased with as stated earlier Computer stuck at BIOS splash screen Hooked it up which restored video and that's when I found that the computer would not boot past the BIOS splash screen Gives the single beep fans spin up like usual then nothing BIOS related buttons a few times with no response it starts a clicking noise whenever pressing them Still doesn't progress past this screen Tried taking out the ram that causes an error where the comp just makes continuous beeping noises read that it giving an error is an indicator that the mobo is still good Don't get any further disconnecting vid card or hard drives Took out mobo battery and put it back in still nothing I have no idea what to do from here bleh Discovered something new If I leave the computer on it will give a single beep around every seconds for about minutes After that it progresses to the next screen where it remains with a blinking underscore line Doesn't progress from there and pressing keys does nothing

A:Computer stuck at BIOS splash screen

Start with these free, bootable hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
I suspect memory because of the beeps, but I suspect the hard drive because of the freezing at the BIOS splash screen (so try both diagnostics).

Good luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580185/computer-stuck-at-bios-splash-screen/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi! Purchased a ViewSonic VX2753 27" LED flat panel and connected thru HDMI to desktop. I want to access the BIOS menu and for some reason, the monitor displays "No Signal" until the Windows 7 logon screen. So I cannot see the BIOS startup to enter the BIOS menu.

System Config: Win 7 Ultimate (64), AMD Phenom 9650, ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series Graphics Card & Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H motherboard.

Help!

A:New Flat Panel LED will not let me see BIOS Splash Screen!

Hello , and welcome aboard

I am not very sure, but it might be that as in the BIOS it is only the basic graphics works, so the connection from the GPU to the monitor is inactive.

If, for the time being you connect the cable to the motherboard's slot , most probably the bios menu will be shown .

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/246684-new-flat-panel-led-will-not-let-me-see-bios-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I accidentally restarted my computer so while it was restarting I turned it off. Now it won't go past the Asus splash screen and I can't enter the bios

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128341-pc-wont-go-past-splash-screen-cant-enter-bios.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My computer has been randomly freezing at the initial BIOS splash screen for the last month or so.

It's about a 50/50 chance of it freezing vs a normal boot up with no other problems in the computers operations whatsoever...

Any suggestions?

A:Computer Hangs @ BIOS Splash Screen 50/50

How old is this computer? Do you get any amount of beeps or combination of beeps?

A freeze on POST can mean hardware failure, usually imminent hard drive failure.
Check the RAM is connected securely, and the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-hangs-bios-splash-screen-50-50-a-398902.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Arighty So yesterday I got a GeForce GTX GB to install into my PC However after installing it and all that jazz my computer gets stuck on the BIOS splash screen and stuck installing Screen Splash new on PC after GPU BIOS beeps The beeps are one short beep then seconds later a short beep followed by shorter beeps I know for a fact that it isn t PC stuck on BIOS Splash Screen after installing new GPU my RAM because I can put my old card in and everything works fine I also have a VisionTek w dedicated GPU power supply that takes up a CD reader slot so power consumption is totally fine I tried updating my bios but there doesn t seem to be an update available So at this point I PC stuck on BIOS Splash Screen after installing new GPU think I need a new motherboard My specs are as follows Motherboard Pegatron IPISB-CH BIOS AMI CPU Intel Core i - Sandybridge W GHz RAM GB DDR HDD TB WD Harddrive that I bought months ago GPU before GTX Ti Gb After PC stuck on BIOS Splash Screen after installing new GPU GTX GB Thanks for all the help nbsp

A:PC stuck on BIOS Splash Screen after installing new GPU

I can put my old card in and everything works fine.Click to expand...

So at this point I think I need a new motherboard.Click to expand...

This makes no sense at all. If you reinstall your old card and everything works, why in the world would you think you need a new mb???
That scenario points at a failed or DOA card NOT a failed mb.

If you are intent on gaming, I would give serious consideration to building a gaming system. Big box systems like dell, hp, etc are fine for what they are intended to do; email, run office, watch videos, etc. The hardware is just not up to the stress of gaming. There is more to a gaming system than simply installing a video card and a pw supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-stuck-on-bios-splash-screen-after-installing-new-gpu.1162171/
Relevancy 68.8%

I built a lovely maching about a year ago running on the P N -E SLI Plus Mother board from ASUS Currently running Gb of Ram a Seagate Barracuda Drive GB and the GeForce GS can't remember the brand off the top of my head Yesterday my wife went to go pay the bills online and the computer Splash Screen Computer on Freezes BIOS froze at the bios splash screen I have removed the RAM and tried to boot with only one RAM chip in Computer Freezes on BIOS Splash Screen alternating each chip out and tried all with no different results I have tried clearing the CMOS as per the manufactures instructions and still nothing I wanted Computer Freezes on BIOS Splash Screen to try to update the BIOS as it is the same that came when I bought it and there have been several updates I DO NOT have a floppy drive so I am stuck How can I upgrade the BIOS without a floppy drive and not being able to enter the SETUP screen to the BIOS Any suggestions on other possible fixes are welcome as well Thank yiou

A:Computer Freezes on BIOS Splash Screen

You can always buy a floppy drive. As long as you have USB ports a removable floppy drive won't cost too much.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230891/computer-freezes-on-bios-splash-screen/
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently purchased the tower and a auction When the computer boots up its say the name of the college on it.

is there away to remove the name from bios splash screen

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984158
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a friend away at school who called and said her computer won't start up. It is a Compaq . She gets the Compaq splash screen, with the F1 for setup, F10 for SystemRecovery, and it gets stuck there.

Pressing F1 on startup gets her "Entering Setup" and then it just sits there. Pressing F10 on startup does nothing at all.

The pc is not giving any beeps as they sometimes do when having a startup problem, nor is she hearing any odd sounds from the tower (hard drive clicking, etc).

Thoughts on what the cause for this sudden meltdown of her pc?

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have a problem with setting a custom splashscreen when screen a for 1.86 BIOS custom setting L440 ... splash booting my Thinkpad L in UEFI mode The BIOS I am using is version and model L obtainable from here nbsp http support lenovo com no en products laptops-and-netbooks thinkpad-l-series-laptops thinkpad-l as per the requirements nbsp I have made the images colours palette bpp both images adhere to the standards logo legacy boot X and logo UEFI boot X where I used gif format The problem is that only the legacy boot screen splash actually gets used but the UEFI boot splash image logo does not appear at all Everything that happens is that you get a completely black boot screen with only the press enter to interrupt boot option I have tried many different pictures and different formats but arrived to the conclusion that it is broken nbsp Trying to boot Windows nbsp with broken custom splash screen I get a BSOD with the error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL nbsp nbsp and can't boot into Windows nbsp This makes me believe that something is not working properly and not only does setting a custom L440 BIOS 1.86 setting a custom splash screen for ... splash screen on UEFI boot not actually show my bootscreen it could have damaged some UEFI boot drivers so that Windows is unable to start properly Maybe the tool is outdated and did not save the splash screen correctly nbsp Upon re-flashing the BIOS using nbsp winuptp exe it asked me if I wanted to keep my custom splash screen and when I hit yes it simply crashed nbsp Luckily for me going into BIOS and enabling legacy boot nbsp allows me to boot OS again and re-flash the working UEFI boot nbsp without a custom splash screen nbsp Does anyone have any idea of how I can solve this issue Downgrade nbsp to an older version of BIOS or maybe I have to contact Lenovo about my issue

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L440-BIOS-1-86-setting-a-custom-splash-screen-for-UEFI-does-not/td-p/3387613
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Gateway Laptop MT6728 running Windows XP. I got the blue screen one day and then after that attempted to reboot. What happens is after I get the Gateway Bios/Boot Menu Splash screen the screen goes black. I can't boot from the drive it just spins and then shuts down. I can press F2 and get into the Setup Utility and I have changed the boot settings to CD but still disk just spins in drive for a few seconds then stops.

I have reseated Ram, Taken out one stick of Ram and attemped to boot with only 1 stick.
I have reseated the CMOS.
I have reseated the Hard Drive.
In the Startup it states: No TPM or TPM has problem. ( Don't know if that is an issue.)
I have Bios Version 93.09

I have read other posts of users with the same problem, but have not found a fix, if there is one. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-goes-black-after-bios-splash-screen.949070/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, i just recently bought a new computer which i had built myself, so far i have encountered my first problem within minutes, my computer does not show a splash screen or post screen when first turned on, it only comes up with a message asking about booting to cd/dvd drive, I have tryedto press delete to bring up BIOS but nothing happens. ive tried replugging most coords into the power supply into the hard drive, everything but nothing changes this message. I am really concerned i have a faulty part but trying to believe i dont, so if anyone knows how to fix this or potentially fix this please help.

my regards.

A:problems reaching BIOS and splash screen on my new computer

First of all, you need to post your exact parts ie make and model of mb, the exact cpu you installed, the exact ram, etc, etc, etc. Post links to your parts ie newegg links or wherever you bought the parts. We have no idea what we are working on so knowing helps.

Next have you read and followed the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-reaching-bios-and-splash-screen-on-my-new-computer.973555/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a strange problem on my Windows machine I've had my HP Pavilion Boot: after Screen Initial Hangs Splash BIOS p p for at least four years now and I upgraded it Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen to Windows a few months ago I recently have done a clean install of Windows but one problem seems persistent When I turn on my computer it splashes the HP Pavilion BIOS screen and then hangs at a blank screen with a white quot quot blinking as if it was looking for a drive to boot from If I hit the quot esc quot key during boot however it loads the boot menu displaying my hard drive the DVD drive and my external hard drive When I select the main drive it Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen boots up just fine Any reason for this One individual suggested I update my BIOS because it's a version Any tips on how to do that I've never upgraded BIOS before and frankly I'm a bit intimidated Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen to Thanks for your help I'll be willing to supply more information if you need it

A:Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen

Try resetting the BIOS.

Power off, unplug the power cord.
Open the case.
Remove the CMOS battery (silver, about the size of a quarter).
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to let all the capacitors drain.
Put the battery back in.
Check all the cables and connectors, make sure they are firmly seated.
Close the case.
Plug in the power cord and power up.

You will get an error message about corrupted CMOS, Press F1 or F2. Press the key to go into Setup.
Load defaults(Fn key or a selection on one of the screens).
Save and exit.

See if that makes a difference.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/18563-initial-boot-hangs-after-bios-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi

I recently installed a gigabyte B75M-D3H 1155 mobo, i5 cpu, my pc boots fine but there is no BIOS splash screen at all and it is worrying me. I can boot into win 7 fine, but when I turn the computer on it goes from blank screen very quick (1 second) cursor flash, then windows splash screen. Is something wrong? It has done this since the 1st time I booted it. Going into the Bios there is an option named "full screen logo show" but it makes not difference whether that is enabled or not. My monitor is on the whole time, not waking from sleep or anything like that.

A:New motherboard - BIOS splash screen is skipped during boot

The new MBoards are really fast going through the BIOS Post. I looked at thier site, and there is a utility that lets you access the BIOS through Windows. Install the app, then you can set a post delay.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4315&dl=1#utility
Really looks like a great board, lots of cool features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-bios-splash-screen-is-skipped-during-boot.184239/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a strange problem on my Windows machine I've had my HP Pavilion p p for BIOS Splash Hangs Screen after Boot: Initial at least four years now and I upgraded it to Windows a few months ago I recently have done a clean install of Windows but Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen one problem seems persistent When I turn on Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen my computer it splashes the HP Pavilion BIOS screen and then hangs at a blank screen with a white quot quot blinking as if it was looking for a drive to boot from If I hit the quot esc quot key during boot however it loads the boot menu displaying my hard drive the DVD drive and my external hard drive When I select the main drive it boots up just fine Any reason for this One individual suggested I update Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen my BIOS because it's a version Any tips on how to do that I've never upgraded BIOS before and frankly I'm a bit intimidated to Thanks for your help I'll be willing to supply more information if you need it

A:Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen

Try resetting the BIOS.

Power off, unplug the power cord.
Open the case.
Remove the CMOS battery (silver, about the size of a quarter).
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to let all the capacitors drain.
Put the battery back in.
Check all the cables and connectors, make sure they are firmly seated.
Close the case.
Plug in the power cord and power up.

You will get an error message about corrupted CMOS, Press F1 or F2. Press the key to go into Setup.
Load defaults(Fn key or a selection on one of the screens).
Save and exit.

See if that makes a difference.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/18563-initial-boot-hangs-after-bios-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My old computer went out on me after about years so i decided to build my own I bought all screen cant Just now the past a built computer... get BIOS/splash the parts I needed for the computer and put it all together turned it on and all I get is the MSI splash screen logo When I press DEL it gives me the option to go to the BIOS but when I save and reboot it doesnt let me do anything the current setup i have is Rosewill Challenger ATX Midtower Case MSI NF -G Motherboard AMD Phenom II x Black Edition GB OCZ DDR Memory GB Hitachi SATA HDD GB Western Digital IDE HDD Sony Optiarc SATA DVDRW need power adaptor buying tomorrow w eMicro PSU I m trying to install Windows but I can t get far enough to even get the installation going I don t have the sata adaptor for the dvd drive yet so I was just trying the IDE dvd drive to install it but still didnt work for Win or LInux Any ideas on what I could of done wrong I tried to change the quot Hold on all errors quot to quot Hold on Just built a computer... now cant get past the BIOS/splash screen no errors quot but that didnt do anything either nbsp

A:Just built a computer... now cant get past the BIOS/splash screen

You are using two different type of hard disk all together. Did you configure your hard disk in the master slave mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-built-a-computer-now-cant-get-past-the-bios-splash-screen.962750/
Relevancy 68.37%

Okey here it goes A long time ago in a galaxy far far away My pc decides not to boot past the bios flash screen Detailness - So i got a new sata hdd not long ago - I had Ubuntu and Windows on duel boot They both worked fine and never gave me any trouble - Decided i didn t want duel boot anymore I just wanted a fresh install of :( system splash not past the will boot screen!! bios Windows because im going to be upgrading the mobo ram CPU and gfx card Basically everything going to be upgraded over the course of the next couple of weeks - So i proceeded to format my gb sata hdd and install Windows - After the files copied from the dvd to the hdd my pc rebooted as expected - Then the normal boot screen appeared this is where it hangs This is pretty much what i see Press del to run setup Press f for BBS POPUP DDR Frequency blah blah Initializing usb controllers done Auto-Detecting Pri slave IDE Hard Disk Auto-Detecting rd slave CD DVD ROM Sec Master ST AS CC Ultra DMA Mode- S M A R T Capable and Status OK It just hangs on this - I cant boot from dvd or cd - I cant press del to run setup it just says entering and does nothing else - I cant press f for bbs popup it just does the same as pressing del If i remove the sata hdd i can then press del or f and it lets me into the bios same with the dvd drive If the hdd is unplugged then i can boot from the dvd what i think the problem might be is my processor its pentium old i know S it will be upgraded along with the rest the previous version of windows was bit and i decided to try installing bit Windows Because with all my new hardware when it appears i want to be running bit windows Soo im thinking maybe my Pentium wont run bit operating systems Im probably wrong But that being said it doesn t explain why i cant boot from DVD or go into the bios when the hdd is attached so i can basically do nothing when it is attached I really don t think its broken or anything because its pretty much brand new I replaced my old IDE drive not long ago with this system will not boot past the bios splash screen!! :( one because of bad sectors motherboard - ecs pl-a v - knowing this might help you help me navigate through the bios and tell me if shiz is wrong xD cpu - Pentium hdd - Seagate barracuda gig gfx - gts ram - gig x gig this is really starting to mash my brain up if any of you dudes or dudettes could help i would greatly appreciate it thank you thank you nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but anyway...
Quite a while ago i swapped my old 19" monitor for my older Samsung 24" LCD 720P TV, its not bad as a monitor but i have a few issues.
Since then i am unable to access the BIOS since my BIOS splash does not display so i cannot see what key i press for what feature i want from the motherboard....
Also the Windows 7 orb splash is now the Vista green bar. This was fine before the monitor change, i have not needed to repair my system so the bootloader locale is fine. Can anyone help me with this? It would be really appreciated
Cheers, lindsaymobil22

A:Change of monitor, no BIOS splash, Win7 splash now Vista one....

When you need to go in to BIOS or do a startup repair, plug your monitor back in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/144325-change-monitor-no-bios-splash-win7-splash-now-vista-one.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I think the title is about as descriptive as it gets. I had this same problem a couple of months ago when I was using a faulty harddrive that kept writing over parts of my Windows installation (namely, I think, the Legacy USB drivers), but I took that HDD out and RMAed it with Seagate and got a new one.

Now it's happening again: if I try to boot my computer, and I have any USB devices whatsoever plugged into it, the computer hangs on the WinFast splash screen and goes no further. I've somewhat resolved this by getting on the floor everytime my computer shuts down, unplugging the USBs, then booting, but if at all possible I'd like to avoid doing this for the rest of this computer's natural life.

As always, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Computer Hangs on BIOS Splash Screen When USBs are Plugged In

Check your boot devices in the BIOS. Restrict your boot devices to just floppy drive (if you have one), hard drive and CD drive. No other devices. See if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hangs-on-bios-splash-screen-when-usbs-are-plugged-in.110082/
Relevancy 67.51%

About week ago my computer started freezing and than shuts down it reboots on its own and then hangs at bios splash screen but hangs freezing at and shutsdown splash than reboots bios screen will stay there at bios for hours if u let it until you reboot it than it comes back up fine until it does it again The only thing I noticed is if the machine is off for awhile it takes a lot longer freezing than shutsdown and reboots but hangs at bios splash screen for it tohappen If you restart it it last around - mins Tried all of the below sofar no help Updated all drivers and freezing than shutsdown and reboots but hangs at bios splash screen checked device manger for errors checked and defragged drive C drive ssd checked both for events and dmp files nothing made sure reporting was on Ran freezing than shutsdown and reboots but hangs at bios splash screen windows mem check froze twice while testing once with both strips andonce with only one strip installed replaced ram Still doing exactly same thing Please help OS Windows Ultimate x Service Pack build MOTHERBD Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd P A-UD PROCESSOR gigahertz Intel Core i K COOLING DUAL FAN H LIQUID CLOSED LOOP MEMORY gb GB SLOT A AND GB SLOT A CORSAIR quot VENGEANCE quot HX W CORSAIR POWER SUP CORSAIR HX W DRIVES c Crucial M CT M SSD quot MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD D HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH LP ATA E TSSTcorp CDDVDWSH- AB ATA F SEAGATE BARACUDA TB DISPLAY ADP NVIDIA GeForce GTX Monitor Samsung SMS A H quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-than-shutsdown-and-reboots-but-hangs-at-bios-splash-screen.1079613/
Relevancy 67.51%

I was asked to install a new video card into a machine It worked flawlessly before I did anything Now with the new video card it can t get past the splash screen where it says quot press DEL to enter at screen. BIOS/MoBo splash freezes Solved: Computer setup quot DEL doesn t do anything Neither does F Took out the new card put the old one back in the machine booted to Windows no Solved: Computer freezes at BIOS/MoBo splash screen. problems at all The card can t be broken it worked like a charm on a different machine But it s misbehaving alright speccy screenshot with the old video card I don t really know what the new card is I haven t gotten any further than MSI which is written on the thing EDIT The owner just told me it s a nVidia GTX-TI How can a video card cause this EDIT found a thread on another forum with someone having the exact same problem different machine though Link Could it be a in compatibility issue I am looking at How can I rule this out nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

My Satellite pro L300-1FN is refusing to boot up. When switched on the laptop displays the toshiba/insyde H20 BIOS splash screen and the "Press F2 go to Setup Utility, F12 go to boot menu" message and flashes the hard disk access light but does not attempt to continue loading. I have left the bios at the splash screen but it does nothing for many hours on AC or runs the battery flat while on battery.

Is there a way of re-setting the BIOS on this unit? If it were a desktop unit I would remove the CMOS battery to force a BIOS reset but this is impossible on a laptop. The hard disk is fine as I have connected it to another system to remove valuable data.

A:Satellite Pro L300-1FN does not boot - hangs at BIOS splash screen

Hi

What happens if you press F2 while notebook booting up?
Can you access the BIOS?
If yes, access the BIOS and set it to default. I think you will need to press F9 or F10 to get default settings but this will be mentioned at the bottom of the BIOS page.

Check this!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?59637-Satellite-Pro-L300-1FN-does-not-boot-hangs-at-BIOS-splash-screen
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

I used aswMBR.exe to check my rootkit for malware. After clicking on SCAN it startet scanning and then a popup from AntiVir came to allow the access of aswMBR.exe. I clicked allow and the program crashed.
After rebooting it is always stuck at the splash screen (the start screen with the manufacturer logo).

What happened?

A:Can only load to splash screen / BIOS after using Anti-Malware program

solved: unplug the notebook from the powercable and remove battery, hold powerbutton a couple secs and then retry with powercable plugged in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490359/can-only-load-to-splash-screen-bios-after-using-anti-malware-program/
Relevancy 67.51%

My brother took my laptop and make some changes to the bios and put and image on the bios.... How can I change or disable this image.....

A:How to disable or change DELL D510 Bios Splash Screen

landy said:

My brother took my laptop and make some changes to the bios and put and image on the bios.... How can I change or disable this image.....Click to expand...

Check your pm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-disable-or-change-dell-d510-bios-splash-screen.51350/
Relevancy 66.65%

Today when BIOS hard screen, suspected drive at splash issue. Stuck I was trying to turn on my PC it got stuck at the BIOS splash screen I couldn't get into Stuck at BIOS splash screen, suspected hard drive issue. the boot menu as well I thought about it Stuck at BIOS splash screen, suspected hard drive issue. and felt that there could be a number of problems RAM HDD etc some hardware issue so I thought I would try disconnecting hardware from my mobo in a trial and error fashion to figure out which was the culprit I managed to get past the BIOS splash screen and into the boot menu when i disconnected one of my HDDs it s a seagate TB barracuda I'm trying to figure out what went wrong with it but cannot run somehing like chkdsk on it as it is impossible to get past the BIOS splash screen when its SATA cable is connected to the mobo Can i get some advice on how i can narrow down the cause of this issue Also coincidentally I was defragmenting that HDD yesterday and another one of my family members turned off the PC while the process was still on-going I'm not too sure if this has caused an issue but it might help with the diagnosis Feel free to check my profile for system specs also i don't have another desktop only laptops

A:Stuck at BIOS splash screen, suspected hard drive issue.

There are 2 cables that go to the problem hard drive, data and power. Try this test: Remove the data cable but leave the power cable connected, then try to boot.
If the problem persists with just the power connected then I'm afraid the drive has an electrical problem. Very difficult to fix without taking it apart on a workbench.

However, if the PC boots with the drive powered but the data cable not connected, then you may be able to fix it if you can get into Windows.

The B-85 has a UEFI BIOS, so I will assume that you have AHCI capability and the SATA controller is set to AHCI Mode.
This means that you have the capability to 'hot swap' drives.
You would make sure that the SATA port that you will connect the drive to is set up for hot swapping in BIOS, then boot the computer without the drive connected, get into Windows, and then connect the drive.
If that works and you don't crash then you could start testing by running CHKDSK on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368767-stuck-bios-splash-screen-suspected-hard-drive-issue.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Always have difficulty starting my pc, only gets to the BIOS screen with the version No. and hangs there. It does start sometimes after a few minutes, it will also start after I reboot it a few times but it's getting to be very annoying to say the least. I removed the battery for a few minutes but that didn't make any difference, can someone please help.

Asus P5N32-SLI
Win XP PRO
2x1 GB OCZ Golds

A:Hanging on BIOS Screen

Flash the Bios?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hanging-on-bios-screen.441411/
Relevancy 65.36%

I had a problem with my PC when trying to look at my photos it said they were corrupt When I turned now hanging BIOS NTLDR on screen? Missing it on the next day I got the message NTLDR missing press ctrl alt del to continue doing so just restarted the computer So I took the hard drive from old pc we ll call that C placed NTLDR Missing now hanging on BIOS screen? it as the master and made this pc s hard drive the slave we ll call that G When I turned it on there were loads of messages for about minutes about cleaning up corrupt files and such Windows started from C and I copied what pictures hadn t been lost since the last backup from G to C then formatted G as I wanted to do a fresh install of xp pro After the format G was showing as about gb still being used for some reason Now when I turn on the PC with either hard drive installed it hangs on the first red Compaq Bios screen that shows V at the bottom and I don t seem to be able to do anything I really have no idea what to do from here so any help would be great It s a Compaq Presario S UK Thanks nbsp

A:NTLDR Missing now hanging on BIOS screen?

The hd is probably failing. I would test your original drive with the hd mfg's utility for checking drives. You would need to know who made your hd ie seagate, maxtor, western digital, etc. Go to that site and download their diagnostic app. It will run from bootable media ie CD or floppy. Now test the drive. If the drive checks out ok, you can zero fill it and reinstall your os.

Note I would pull / disconnect the drive you copied your files to so as to prevent any inadvertent erasing of your files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ntldr-missing-now-hanging-on-bios-screen.432802/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a really annoying problem with my PC at the moment. When ever i go to boot the machine it just hangs on the windows xp splash page, i end up having to reboot the machine, boot to last good config, and even if i change nothing it still wont reboot.

I have tried running the recovery console and running fixboot and fixmbr, which hasnt worked.

Any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 61.92%

Heya all I've been having a bit of trouble with my new machine as of late put it together not too long ago and have yet to pin down this problem It has been rather flaky on starting BSOD/Hanging on 0x124 stop splash, up usually hanging on the splash screen I thought I had solved it BSOD/Hanging on splash, 0x124 stop several times and I was mostly focusing on possible bad or missing drivers but didn't have a whole lot to go on as I was never getting any error codes However recently I did get a BSOD while attempting to boot up which is fortunate 'cause now I've at least BSOD/Hanging on splash, 0x124 stop got something to go off of I know this particular error indicates that there is a problem with hardware drivers was wondering if anyone could help me pin down the exact issue I have checked my HDD RAM and CPU for troubles Using Seagate's diagnostic bootable tools and Memtest respectively If anyone could go through the dmp file and help me figure out if it is a bad piece of hardware or if there is something wrong with a driver somewhere I'd greatly appreciate it Attaching the information requested The grabbing tool was nifty and I will be fiddling around with checking for driver updates and what not in the mean time Thanks Sogor

A:BSOD/Hanging on splash, 0x124 stop

Welcome aboard.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8009dd3028, be000000, 800400}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Stop 0x124 is totally a hardware caused stop. To troubleshoot it, it is best to follow the guide Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Follow it, step by step. If you have any questions, ask us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258508-bsod-hanging-splash-0x124-stop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all I have a spare computer from work but I do not know the password to log in and so would like to wipe it Ergo I decided to try and boot the computer skips splash BIOS Dimension Dell Dell screen and 3000 using Dell Dimension 3000 skips Dell splash screen and BIOS a USB thumb Dell Dimension 3000 skips Dell splash screen and BIOS drive with Ubuntu on it so as to wipe the windows partition on the hard drive and then install Ubuntu The computer boots normally to the Windows XP login screen When I press F or F there is no display output I have tried this with a variety of monitors and with two D-SUB cables one at a time These are the Samsung nbsp LT B EW LG nbsp EA V-P and Dell Rev A None of them show either the Dell splash screen or the BIOS screen I have tried pressing F and F at strategic intervals every seconds but still there is no display output I also know that I was able to access the BIOS on the same computer a few months ago but I forgot which displays I used then - I had to wait for permission to wipe the hard drive I have also looked up this problem in a number of other places and found that this is supposedly due to an incompatibility of some kind with the monitor However I am not sure as to how I might go about fixing this issue as I do not have any other monitors or cables which work with the Dell - all my other cables are either HDMI or other sorts of cable which do not plug in to the Dell If there is a way to use the hard drive and wipe it without accessing the BIOS I would also be grateful to hear about that too

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995434
Relevancy 60.63%

any body can help me please. after upgrade my NEC Versa P8100 Laptop bios its not opening. screen is competely black.

A:after upgrading the bios my laptop screen was black

When you downloaded that bios , what link did you use - please post here
There may be a recovery procedure available
was the bios upgrade interupted at all ?

Heres an exampe DO NOT DO THIS - we need to know more detail
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm
http://www.technibble.com/how-to-recover-from-a-bad-bios-update/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-upgrading-the-bios-my-laptop-screen-was-black.892140/
Relevancy 60.2%

Last weekend I had BSOD after another I thought my system was crashing I have removed and reinstalled my video adapter needed? - the Please Screen upgrading BIOS Help Error Blue really - is and the Intel chipset The blue screen and error come up when Blue Screen Error - Please Help - is upgrading the BIOS really needed? I am watching a Blue Screen Error - Please Help - is upgrading the BIOS really needed? TV show on the computer USA Network NBC FOX etc and I watch the full episodes of whatever show i might be watching The shows will go ok for a while then it hangs up Some times the only way I can continue and see the entire show is if I close down and restart after eliminating all cookies files and history cache The Windows Error Code is BCCode the details are X BE XC OX D BB XEDAC B and X I searched and searched Microsofts Error Code Site but could not find this Error Code The only thing I learned from all that searching was that my problem involved the Video Adapter The suggestions Windows makes from the error screen are Disable Driver identified in stop error message Check for driver update Try changing the Video Adapter Check with eMachines for BIOS Updates and Disable BIOS Memory Options such as Caching or Shadowing I have done everything except the last one I have located the BIOS for my computer BUT AM AFRAID TO DO ANYTHING WITH IT note the BIOS which eMachines site has for the T is not Update BIOS but just the BIOS which originally came with the eMachines T I did make some adjustments to my Virtual Memory Paging settings I decided to let quot Windows System Set quot them from last yr of the Forums I was following on TechGuy suggested using Custom Settings over letting Windows Decide everything I am unemployed and broke literally I have several programs and private data information which is critical from a business which I lost yrs ago I am afraid if I upgrade the BIOS I will really screw something up then I am really screwed So I decided to ask you the experts for guidance before that happens I have an eMachines T with an Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz with GB of Memory the Chipset I installed was for the Intel Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller I m running Windows XP Home Version Service Pack SP What I did find interesting is that I did a System Restore after the last Blue Screen going back days prior to the st Blue Screen My system did in fact Restore However all of the Previous Restore Dates prior to the one I Restored the System to are no longer available Prior to the restore date I restored to the slate has been wiped clean It is also important to mention that the Blue Screens although I have had Blue Screens in the past gt gt maybe a year ago did not occur before the LAST WINDOWS UPDATE I did however experience whatever TV Episode I mught be watching having delays and hang-ups but I usually could restart the show fast forward to where I left off and continue on from there After Windows Updated that was not possible NOW THAT I HAVE DONE WHAT I MENTIONED ABOVE I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED ANY MORE BLUE SCREENS I have watched a couple of TV shows withyout problems but I have not watched very many I wanted to update the BIOS st Then I secided to check with the experts before i did that Thank You Ed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-error-please-help-is-upgrading-the-bios-really-needed.903517/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone I have a not screen, bios Win10 Satellite upgrading, booting C850D-10W - black two-year old Toshiba C D- W which came with Win Premium After several months of flashing notices suggesting to Satellite C850D-10W - Win10 upgrading, black screen, bios not booting upgrade to Win I decided to give it a go I was Satellite C850D-10W - Win10 upgrading, black screen, bios not booting dumb enough not to check whether my laptop would support such upgrade and I discovered only too late that it wouldn't on the official website What happened is that during the installation process about halfway through maybe I got a message saying that the system would restart many times The problem is it never got beyond the stage of restarting and the system is now in a loop whereby a fixed unblinking underscore appears on the upper left corner and stays there for about five seconds Then the system restarts and the underscore shows up again and so on forever no Toshiba logos no chance to select Safe Mode nothing I can enter the BIOS menu and I've tried to boot the system from the back-up DVDs I made when I bought the computer so I could get back to Windows but it doesn't work the system just doesn't recognise it The HDD is fine I've taken it out and opened it on another computer as if it were an external drive and all the files are still there but I can't do anything else Any help would much apprectiated thanks a lot

A:Satellite C850D-10W - Win10 upgrading, black screen, bios not booting

Bonjour moi j avais le m?m? problemme
alors ma solution c est une restauration du Pc avec les Cd de r?installation
pour info je pence que les pc ref satellite ne sont pas compatible avec Windows 10
Bien a vous Cdt

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90044-Satellite-C850D-10W-Win10-upgrading-black-screen-bios-not-booting
Relevancy 54.18%

XP Service Pack 3

Screensaver is enabled and so is 'Display welcome screen when coming back from screensaver'.

This works most of the time, however on a regular basis the screensaver will resume to the following screen and just stay there forever.

The only thing to do is to press the power button, at which point a popup alerts that a user is logged in, do you still want to shut down.

Thanks,

-G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/coming-back-from-screen-saver-stuck-on-splash-screen-instead-of-welcome-screen.870983/
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently updated my U41-70 BIOS version from BDCN63WW to BDCN71WW. This update came with a new splash image for the BIOS. The splash image is horrible and comes with a colorful rectangle background. My initial boot image was "lenovo" written in white font. Simple and Sweet. I then immediately downgraded by BIOS from BDCN71WW to 63 but alas, the damage had been done. Even rolling back wont bring back the lenovo splash screen. How can I get it back! Please suggest.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/RETURN-TO-OLD-BIOS-SPLASH-IMAGE/td-p/3419383
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

I have had this problem for a while now, whenever I startup my PC the BIOS splash comes up twice.

The first time I cannot do anything (E.g. press Del to enter setup) and it stays for about 30s or so.

The second time is when I can interact with it, but it stays up for about a second and then goes to the login screen.

I'm running an ASUS motherboard, I'm pretty sure it's P8Z68-M PRO.

A:Double BIOS splash on startup

Hello Kelpto,

See if unchecking both "Time to display..." options in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below may help.

Operating System to Start - Change Display List Time

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371972-double-bios-splash-startup.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently updated my U41-70 BIOS version from BDCN63WW to BDCN71WW. This update came with a new splash image for the BIOS. The splash image is horrible and comes with a colorful rectangle background. My initial boot image was "lenovo" written in white font. Simple and Sweet. I then immediately downgraded by BIOS from BDCN71WW to 63 but alas, the damage had been done. Even rolling back wont bring back the lenovo splash screen. How can I get it back! Please suggest.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:U41-70 - RETURN TO OLD BIOS SPLASH IMAGE

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Unfortunately I have no solution for your splash screen image problem other than to say each time you flash the BIOS there is a slight element of risk involved.  Even under the most perfect conditions a BIOS flash can fail and turn your working computer into an expensive paper weight. Personally, flashing the BIOS to change a splash screen that appears for just a few seconds isn't worth the risk in my opinion.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/U41-70-RETURN-TO-OLD-BIOS-SPLASH-IMAGE/td-p/3419383
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey everyone I want to know who is using custom Splash screens and if you can post some.. I have an intel board and getting very sick of the oem screen. Please post screens people!!!!! Thank you, ot post links to other threads with splash screens.......Thanks!!!!

A:Custom Bios Splash Screens!

How Do You Do That???

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/98546-custom-bios-splash-screens.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everybody nbsp I saw many of problems like mine there but I can't still do anything after several attempts to solve no Z580 Boot Lenovo BIOS, no no splash, that nbsp nbsp It started two weeks ago I did cleaned my hdd then to keep my device lil a bit update I have updated few drivers nbsp First day it was able to boot up after Lenovo Z580 no splash, no BIOS, no Boot - attempts Holding down the power button disc battery ac reconnect and power button again Since that time I was unable to get to the BIOS set Boot order and I couldn't see even the splash screen nbsp Several days it did the same and the attempts grew up nbsp nbsp Last time it was able to launch its about days ago I was watching film then I felt asleep When I woke up in the morning the screen wasn't black but still slighty light not off fans were working cooler was fine nbsp Since that moment I couldn't boot it anymore nbsp I tried reseting CMOS battery tried to flash bios by using flash disk and Fn R laptop did different thing but after secs it has turned off I think it is frozen BIOS but I haven't clue what to do when I can't simply set the boot order nbsp nbsp Maybe I am wrong and the problem is only in the motherboard nbsp Novo button works but everything I choose there it ending by black screen again nbsp nbsp Thanks for help maybe for any solutions how to fix this I am prepared to buy another motherboard but if I would be able to repair it on my own I would happy nbsp Thanks Jakub

A:Lenovo Z580 no splash, no BIOS, no Boot

REPAIR!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! I dont know what Kudo does but anyway xDThere is nothing like 192.168.1.1

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z580-no-splash-no-BIOS-no-Boot/td-p/3435626
Relevancy 53.75%

OK I ve exhausted my slightly higher-than-average computer knowledge and can t even get IN the darned thing to see what s wrong splash BIOS before cursor after Blinking loads, Dell XPS running Windows XP SP Loads BIOS then goes to blank screen with blinking cursor in up left-hand corner and that s it I can get into set-up and the boot menu Boot device menu options are onboard SATA HD onboard usb CDROM device Blinking cursor after BIOS loads, before splash system setup hard drive diagnostics and Boot to Utility Partition What I ve done so far Ran quot hard drive diagnostics quot from Boot menu said everything s fine HD is Samsung SP C boot to utility partition quot utility partition not available quot Boot from XP installation disk It s a friend s computer amp admin password not known never used it day-to-day nothing s pw protected so they don t remember it so I cannot quot repair quot from the XP disk Everything I see online assumes I can run in safe-mode which I can t even LOCATE at this point I know my Windows-repairing skills have gone down the toilet since I m a Mac and have been for yrs now but really where the heck did it go Anyway I guess we can wipe it and reinstall but is there a way to check that it s actually a corrupted file that s the problem not some hardware that s dead so I don t waste my time Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Blinking cursor after BIOS loads, before splash

BTW, my friend said he was online in IE, with 2 windows open, tried to maximize one window, then it froze for a few seconds, then the blue screen that said "something about how 'if this hasn't happened before, just restart your computer', so I did and got that blinky thing".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372792/blinking-cursor-after-bios-loads-before-splash/
Relevancy 53.75%

I just rebooted my homebuilt PC after getting a windows update notice. The computer will not load past the splash screen for the mobo, or maybe it's the bios splash, not sure. I have tried turning it off, unplugging it, it just sits on that screen. Pushing the menu F keys does nothing. Any idea why this is happening?

I can't remember but I think I may need a legacy keyboard to push keys at this point.

A:PC not booting past mobo/bios splash

If the updates were actually installed, it's possible that they may have caused the current problem. Can you get into Safe Mode? If yes, I'd suggest uninstalling those updates by using a Restore Point. Hopefully that will return your machine to a good working condition. If no restore point is available I'd manually uninstall the updates and see if that fixes things.

Safe Mode

System Restore

Windows Update - Uninstall an Update

If you want to reinstall the updates I suggest just a few at a time. Reboot after installing each group to make sure the computer is working. Then install the next group, and so on. If you find that your computer stops working you'll know which group to uninstall. Then install one at a time rebooting after each one. It's a slower process but usually results in a cleaner install of updates.

If it turns out not to be an update problem, one of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting guide:

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/258211-pc-not-booting-past-mobo-bios-splash.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 52.89%

My computer crashes restarts after the bios boot screen I can still access the bios settings basically after about seconds after the bios splash screen the computer Restarts Splash Crashes [SOLVED] Computer And Bios After cuts out [SOLVED] Computer Crashes And Restarts After Bios Splash and then restarts but it keeps going in a never ending cycle of crashing and rebooting I have tested all the components within the PC and have deduced that it is the hard drive as all the other components are functional and then i tested the hard drive on another computer the result was the same wait about seconds [SOLVED] Computer Crashes And Restarts After Bios Splash and force reboot If anyone can help me I am really needing help what should i do should i copy the hole thing onto another hard drive and then reinstall windows or is there a way of recovering the files THE COMPUTER IN QUESTION IS WINDOWS Hello this is my first time posting [SOLVED] Computer Crashes And Restarts After Bios Splash on this forum so please tell me if i'm doing anything wrong however i do have a good amount of experience with repairing computers Please Help Thank For Your Time

A:[SOLVED] Computer Crashes And Restarts After Bios Splash

I take it you didn't backup your files (sure you will in the future). There are recovery programs you can use from an external caddy. If you hear a clicking, then the only recovery has to be done by a pro and is expensive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-crashes-and-restarts-after-bios-splash-702645.html
Relevancy 52.89%

After upgrading my T450 BIOS from 1.24 to 1.25, the Windows splash screen freezes. I have tried all variations of Secure Boot options in BIOS, set the BIOS to defaults, tried rolling back to 1.24 (1.25 now prevents downgrading to the previous BIOS version). Has anyone see this or now how to fix it? i'm close to calling Support. Thanks in advance.

A:T450 - Windows splash freezes after BIOS update

Hello and welcome,

What version of Windows are you running?

If it's Win 7 in UEFI mode make sure CSM support is enabled.

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450-Windows-splash-freezes-after-BIOS-update/td-p/3386800
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay here's a little background information Bought my PC in Have had to replace video cards since i've bought it One was replaced under warranty the other I bought Since I purchased my PC the only parts splash mode. safe screen acces Black Unable Windows to screen. after I have replaced are My video card cards later i'm on my most recent one EVGA Nvidia GT http www evga com articles asp I also upgraded my PSU to an Enermax Pro w http www directron com epr awt html OS Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P BW-LA http h www hp com ewfrf wc d name c I mainly use my Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. computer for gaming after my first video card died i was sent a beefier card http reviews cnet com graphics-car tag mncol lst after that my PC was no longer under warranty so I had to buy my next cards my self My problem I Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. left my computer on while making some food I had world of warcraft opened When I finished making food I got back to my computer and moved my mouse to get it out of sleep mode I run a dual display set up once my monitors loaded up one of the screens was pure white and the other screen was black I was forced to hold the power button down to turn off my PC From there Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. on out everytime I boot my computer up I get my PC's loading screen which i'm able to acces BIOS or system restore after my PC's loading screen I get the windows splash screen after that my monitor is pure black The PC is still on and running but there's no display I plugged my monitor into my onboard and enabled it through BIOS same thing I originally thought this was a video card problem but after going through my onboard i realized this isn't the case Anytime i try to run windows normally the black screen happens wether its through my video card or through my onboard So my next idea was to start in safe mode Unfortunatley that doesn't work either It loads up all my system drivers then stops after windows system giveio sys Could this be an OS problem Maybe my mobo is shot and that's why i've been burning video cards cards in years is a little ridiculous Should I reformat Should I replace my mobo Please help Heres my PC's exact specs keep in mind i replaced my video card and PSU as mentioned before in this post http h www hp com ewfrf wc p roduct Please help me money is tight and I can't afford to be guessing and replacing parts thank you Joseph

A:Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode.

bump, please help :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen-unable-to-acces-safe-mode-383474.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi i m having to boot into windows xp on mouse screen xp with arrow Solved: screen blank splash blue after power up sytem goes through the windows xp splash screen with progress bar and then instead of login prompt it goes just into the blue screen with moveable mouse pointer arrow issue seems to be similar to http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -solved-windows-xp-pro-startup html http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -startup-problem html but recommended solutions didn t help so far symptoms just before issue - was not able to run use some system features - Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen utility to turn off the display utility to bring up battery info - everything was working fine before this what i ve tried boot to Last Known Good Configuration - resulting in the same blue screen boot to Safe Mode Safe Mode with networking Safe Mode with comman prompt - resulting in blank black screen with quot Safe Mode quot in the corners and moveable mouse test Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen the hardware hard drive memory etc via build in PC Doctor - all seems to be working i am able to use bootable XP CD from other machine to get into Recovery Console i am able to boot to simple live XP using BartPE-XPE usb key and access the hard drive could you please help me to find solution to this issue thank you in advance krajicek nbsp

A:Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen

Hi krajicek, u having a same problem as me.

Btw.. yours is laptop or desktop?
If laptop wat brand are u using..Mine are FUJITSU laptop and i still
can't get it work.
I boot from the WinXP CD and it still can't recovery as well and i try
safe mode aslo can't work too..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blank-blue-screen-with-mouse-arrow-after-xp-splash-screen.870326/
Relevancy 52.46%

Very similar to the following problem but i do not have a raid and it seems that this PC has a raid and i don t plus it was never really determined what the actual solution was http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -solved-windows-cant-boot-black html The basics XP Professional Boot up screen right before the windows loading screen or direct after the F Menu if you hit quot Start Windows Normally quot it will just lock up no HDD activity blank screen now before Splash Up Screen Safe screen. works. mode Freeze Blank BSOD nothing All safe mods work Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works. fine Ran chkdsk r in recovery Ran proper fixboot procedure Went into safe mode and checked the event viewer The only concerning message i got was The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AmdK Fips nod drv Formatting really isnt an issue since i can back up anything i need through safe mode However its just the fact that the Windows gremlin has struck me again and i must defeat it once more I highly doubt this is a hardware issue as it is more of a driver software issue Anymore information for me or from me that you need i would be extremely happy Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works.

Before I say the hard drive is dying, you need to try the XP repair as you have done most else you can already:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-freeze-up-before-splash-screen-safe-mode-works.634630/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I m having a problem with BF where the game will crash with a quot BF exe has encountered a problem and needs to close quot error right after the logo screen The game full Battlefield (doesn't crashes after Solved: screen mode) splash enter 2 screen doesn t enter full screen mode The first time I saw this error was when I was playing around with BattleRecorder BF s own recording engine and I tried to launch a movie in BattleLauncher This throws the error described above and I can t run BF again without getting the error until the computer is RESTARTED no logoff and back on I searched for a Solved: Battlefield 2 crashes after splash screen (doesn't enter full screen mode) way to make Battlerecorder work and Solved: Battlefield 2 crashes after splash screen (doesn't enter full screen mode) I gave up But the problem now seems to occur when Battlefield is run for a second time For example if I turn on the computer run BF play close BF and try to play again without a restart it crashes I tried multiple things to fix this problem and I eventually ended up downgrading my nvidia drivers to i was running beta I THOUGHT this fixed the problem but I must have only tried to open the game once when I went and downgraded the drivers because it still happens The only things I have installed recently are xfire and I remember that that program threw me the error whenever I clicked somewhere inside the program to launch BF xfire has a feature to launch bf for you so you can play with a friend I suppose I should uninstall xfire I ll try that now This computer is NEW its got several games on it but its only a month old and it has no viruses or spyware Here are the specs WinXP Home Edition Version SP Pentium D Dual Core GHz gig of ram nvidia with driver version Please don t post that Battlefield is a crap game and that EA sucks that s really not the answer I m looking for right now Thanks in advance I hope someone can help me with this nbsp

A:Solved: Battlefield 2 crashes after splash screen (doesn't enter full screen mode)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-battlefield-2-crashes-after-splash-screen-doesnt-enter-full-screen-mode.462157/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am not sure what's wrong, but I have uninstall nvidia drivers that gave me problems ie. 257.21, 196.21....etc. I am currently using 195.62. I am certain that it was a VGA driver problem, because it never happened again, till I decided to remove windows internet explorer and it did the black screen thing again. It restarts and instead of showing windows splash screen it shows a black screen. When I am at the black screen I can't do anything, I will have manually restart and when it boots up the second time it will load windows. It's ____ me off. I hope someone can help me here, and I appreciate it. Atm I am gonna reinstall IE 8 and let's hope for the best.

PS. I just bought this new HDD WDVELOCIRAPTOR 300GB. So it's brand new. Don't know what's going on.

A:Restart leads to black screen before windows 7 splash screen

Hmmm! Been having the same problem myself with 7 ultimate 64 bit. It only happens on a "restart". Cold boot works OK.
I just hit my reset button, get message to do startup repair or start windows normally.
Select the "normal" and all seems to work OK???????
I'd be interested if you can find a resolution to this issue. I gave up on it!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97845-restart-leads-black-screen-before-windows-7-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello After doing a Windows update my computer gave a Windows looking message that my hard drive was going bad and to Safe Mode Windows 7 NO screen, black screen then splash back up my data I was able to save my user files Then the pc crashed with a BSOD I disabled restart after crash Found the error was x B having to do with a corrupt bootcat cache file Could not Windows 7 splash screen, then black screen NO Safe Mode boot up windows except for semi windows with my windows disk and Windows 7 splash screen, then black screen NO Safe Mode Chose Repair in Recovery console however it told Windows 7 splash screen, then black screen NO Safe Mode me nothing could be repaired Through an option to quot find a file quot under the Recovery option I managed to copy a GOOD copy of the bootcat cache file and I appropriately placed it in E Windows system codeintegrity it was ONLY seeing C as a system partition my drive letters were all reassigned Sorry this is confusing and a lot of info Bottom line is my hard drive is not bad I see windows on it and all my files and the BIOS recognizes the drive It is firmly connected and NOT hot to the touch From a command prompt I did a bootrec exe fixmbr and also fixboot as the pc was not properly booting up it still would not boot properly I am totally unable to go to safe mode hitting F No matter what I do I get a Windows Splash screen and then my screen goes to a Black Screen with a White arrow cursor the hard drive appears to be trying to work the light flickers but it just hangs at the black screen Again it refuses to allow me to boot to safe mode It tries to load the Windows System recovery screen ONLY when I try to boot to the Windows CD I cannot repair it I don't have an image because it would not allow me to make one before it crashed It will NOT repair it cannot validate any system restore points and tells me it cannot restore on any of them I am unable to boot to safemode at all with or without the Win CD in my drive How can I recover from this I am percent certain my hard drive is NOT bad Something is corrupted and Windows won't load I've built many pc's and worked as desktop support hardware tech Splash screen then black screen and stays at a white arrow with the hard drive light flickering on and off

A:Windows 7 splash screen, then black screen NO Safe Mode

sorry for bumping. it seems people get a lot of responses to their questions and i was hoping to get the same kind of response.

Bottom line is, my computer tries to load Windows (7) with the splash screen, then goes to a black screen with an arrow and stays there.

I am unable to boot to safe mode.

I am unable to do a recovery from booting from the Windows 7 Install CD

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305211-windows-7-splash-screen-then-black-screen-no-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Last night I downloaded a to boots screen splash Computer Windows black screen after file from a Torrent site - Blackberry stuff I'm pretty sure most or Computer boots to black screen after Windows splash screen all was freeware stuff I just noticed that that file has been removed Kinda unfortunately because I did leave a comment on what happened to me and I asked if anyone else had the same issue I'm guessing maybe they did because it is gone now I ran my AVG scan on it before opening it It didn't find anything so I ran the executable It locked up at one point after I started getting virus warnings from some new program I did not write down what any of it was - I had to do a hard shutdown When it came up to my choices window i e choose Safe Mode Last Know etc I was unable to make any selections with my keyboard so it continued to boot Windows normally The XP splash screen comes on and then the screen turns black with nothing further happening I can do a hard reboot but I can't get into Safe Mode because the keyboard isn't working and normal windows isn't working either Got any suggestions Do I have some serious funk Did some piece of hardware decide to stop functioning properly power supply I have been Googling this issue without any success Sometimes it feels like you are the only one to ever have a particular issue This happened very late last night and now I am at work so I'm not able to touch it for the next hours or so The only two things that I can do right now is go into the BIOS settings or watch it go into Windows and then get the black screen I have not tried booting with any CDs or floppy disks yet I need a solution please Has anyone else experienced this exact same issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-boots-to-black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen-300933.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I bought Windows 7 having come from Vista. However, there is a BIOS update for my system. The new BIOS update states: The BIOS updates the fan control algorithm of the system, and turns the fan on at low volume while your notebook PC is operational. If you are currently experiencing any symptoms on your notebook PC, please contact HP for support. It is located here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...340180&lang=en

I'd love to flash it but not sure if it will ruin my computer as it's more than likely not designed for flash when Windows 7 is on it or do you's know any better?

I also have 2 blue vertical lines going do the right hand side of the screen. I've seen loads of problems but no solutions. Has any fixed this HP problem?

Cheers folks!

A:Upgrading BIOS after Upgrading from Vista to 7

The BIOS is the stuff that happens BEFORE Windows starts to load.
Do you have issues with overheating or with the fan? If so, the BIOS update is for you.
Also, BIOS flashes are dangerous - and you can turn your computer into a paperweight by doing it incorrectly. In short, if it ain't broke - don't fix it!

The type of lines that you describe on your screen are usually caused by hardware issues. Send it in for repair if the system is under warranty. If not, then get an estimate from a local computer store - it may be cheaper to live with it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgrading-bios-after-upgrading-from-vista-to-7-a-451070.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I already did this.Black Screen Hang (after splash screen appears) (usually video driver)- Last Known Good Configuration- Safe Mode- install/reinstall latest version of video drivers. I downloaded the latest video driver and installed it. But the black screen hang still keeps on happening. Please Help

A:Black Screen Hang (after splash screen appears)

What happens when you try to get into Safe Mode?The next most common issue for black screen hangs is a problem with the hard drive.You can try these commands from the Recovery Console ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-install-the-windows-xp-recovery-console/ )They will attempt to correct issues with the File System on your hard drive.FIXMBRFIXBOOTCHKDSK /RIf that does not fix it, then I'd suggest a bootable diagnostic available from the manufacturer of your hard drive. There's a list of the most common one's in this thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/ The diagnostic will tell you if your hard drive is starting to fail (or not).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186162/black-screen-hang-after-splash-screen-appears/
Relevancy 51.6%

Going to my sisters tonight to attempt to fix her PC Was working fine this morning cursor Black with after screen screen splash moveable but this afternoon - Upon startup everything runs fine until after the windows splash screen everything goes black and the only thing visable is a cursor but nothing to click cannot ctrl alt del cannot right click Cannot enter safe mode at all last good configuration doesn t work either Computer is still running Black screen with moveable cursor after splash screen fan whirring lights flashing Fan has been cleaned and power supply checked Black screen with moveable cursor after splash screen no change Cannot get into anything to run explorer or virus check She is running Windows Black screen with moveable cursor after splash screen XP SP I m unsure of when sp was installed I understand this may be an issue along with video and graphics drivers display settings corrupt registry flat CMOS battery or loose internal connections My questions are - What can I do to actually get into the computer to check if it may be these problems Does anyone know of any more problems that could be causing this problem nbsp

A:Black screen with moveable cursor after splash screen

Welcome to TSG, Kiwichick. You stated....

Fan has been cleaned and power supply checked, no change.Click to expand...

It's very possible that in cleaning the machine something may have become loose. (It happened to me before,
a sata cable wasn't completely connected.) Check all of the connections at both ends. Any cables or straps
need to be tightly seated to the HDD as well as the connection to the mobo.

Before you open the case, disconnect all peripherals and press the power supply button in for approx. 30 seconds
to drain the remaining flea power. It sounds like a loose cable to the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-moveable-cursor-after-splash-screen.799937/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an M60 laptop that recently started failing the boot process after the Windows XP splash screen, just before the login screen. It does the same thing with an external monitor attached. If I start it in Safe Mode it will boot. When I restart out of Safe Mode it boots without a problem. The next time I try to boot in regular mode the same thing happens.

I have tried removing memory and switching DIMMS around; I have tried replacing the current hard drive with the original hard drive which was working when I replaced it and it has the same symptoms. I did this as any easy way to eliminate viruses, trojans or corrupt drivers. It appears to be a hardware problem, but I am stuck. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

A:Dell M60 laptop gray screen after Win XP splash screen?

Try replacing the CMOS battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-m60-laptop-gray-screen-after-win-xp-splash-screen.155800/
Relevancy 51.6%

System running Windows XP

After the stsystem starts, and after the Windows XP Splash Screen and Windows is Starting,

The screen only shows a Splash Screen Reading:
"Warning! Spyware detected on your computer!
Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer."

After this there is no icons, no start menu, no task bar.

I cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL, it says task manager has been disabled by your administrator.

If I leave the system running for 10 minutes or so a bogus advertisment for spyware removal will display, all you can do is click install or close the window.

Windows key will not open start menu, windows key+R will not open run command. No right click, nothing seems to work...

Safe mode will boot up, no splash screen, just blank black desktop, safe mode in corners, nothing works.

What can I do other than format?

A:Screen Displays Spyware Splash Screen At Start-up

oh dear may one ask what WAS your antivirus program?

has this suddenly started to happen or has it been progressively worse over some time ?

you may need TO reformat if you cannot even open the dear comp to talk to it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146226/screen-displays-spyware-splash-screen-at-start-up/
Relevancy 51.6%

Problem When booting the then black Motherboard - =( screen death screen splash of computer after the motherboard splash screen the screen turns black and nothing happens Everything is still on and the fans are running PC Spec's Motherboard Asus M A -E SAM ATX Processor AMD Athlon II X GHz MB W AM RAM Corsair GB DDR MHz Cl XMS - Graphics x Crossfired XFX PCIe HD MB Power supply Corsair VX W HDD Windows installed HD GB Samsung SP SATA- RPM Spinpoint F HDD GB storage DVD DVD RW Samsung X DL This PC has been in use for approximately a year Facts When I turn the power on all fans start running like they normally do Using the ASUS Express Gate splashtop that launches before the motherboard splash screen I'm able to browse all my files on both harddrives Pressing DELETE at the motherboard splash screen takes me to the Bios Setup Utility which I can navigate At the Bios Setup Utility it says that the Primary IDE Master and Primary IDE Motherboard splash screen - then black screen of death =( Slave are quot Not Detected quot Not sure if this is significant According to the Bios Setup Utility it should attempt to boot from the correct HDD Trying to boot from the second HDD yields the same results Pressing TAB at the motherboard splash screen to view BIOS POST Message only leads to the same black screen Switching the monitor made no difference The monitor can't find a signal from any other ports I'm at my wit's end I do not understand what's causing this I've recently bought a new monitor but switching back to the old one made no difference I've installed a bunch of Steam games and updated Sims but other than that I've done no major changes to the system in the past few days I've been able to shut down and start the computer without issues until this morning when this happened I really don't know what to do Can anyone help me I'd be eternally grateful for any and all help I can get

A:Motherboard splash screen - then black screen of death =(

I went into the Bios Setup Utility and reset to factory defaults. I then changed the boot order so that I would boot from DVD before HDD. For some reason this did it. It now works. Maybe it just needed time to rest? Because this hardly sounds like the solution to my problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/motherboard-splash-screen-then-black-screen-of-death-539407.html
Relevancy 51.6%

On the splash screen (vista logo on startup), i get a blue screen but i can't read it and it restarts.
Startup repair can't fix it. It says NoRootCause on lines 6-9.
Did a dell diagnostic test, everythings ok.

My specs:
Dell XPS 420
Soundcard: SoundBlaster XtremeGamer
Gfx: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo

A:quick blue screen on splash screen vista

anyone??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-blue-screen-on-splash-screen-vista.865498/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all I was called to fix my aunt s PC the other day and what i came across was something i couldnt figure out what had caused the problem The machine does the usual POST etc does all to Screen Prior Black Screen Splash WinXP its checks and then goes to boot from the HDD HDD is indicated in BIOS Black Screen Prior to WinXP Splash Screen etc At this very stage just before the WinXP splash Screen the Screen LCD just goes black and does not ever recover There is no error messages and the HDD LED blinks a couple more times then does nothing LCD power light stays on green I have to either turn it off via power button or do a restart with Ctrl Alt Del I have disconnected all peripherals except Video Card HDD and still no luck The only reason why i left the Video Card was that there is no onboard video and i had no other Video cards to replace it I cant even boot into safe mode I manage to resolve the problem by doing a WinXP repair over the top but what i really want to know is was it a corrupt damaged MBR that was causing this problem or was it a corrupt driver I have read a few articles about nVidia cards giving black screens but none seem to be similiar to mine Also since the install over the top the problem has not re-occurred however it has only been day since PC Specs are below P ghz Albatron PE Pro II m board nVidia FX XT VGA card GB IDE Seagate HDD Firewire Card Unsure of Sound Card Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Regards Steve nbsp

A:Black Screen Prior to WinXP Splash Screen

Sounds more like a corrupt video driver to me.

My screens go black at that stage, as the drivers load.

Later drivers seem to leave them "black" a lot longer in the boot process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-prior-to-winxp-splash-screen.480057/
Relevancy 51.6%

My splash black screen windows screen blue now to laptop is a Dell Inspiron with windows splash to black screen now blue screen XP Professional The laptop was given to me used no original cd s or anything just the machine and power cord just letting you know that right off the bat as I don t have option to put cd in as I don t have it The laptop has a XP sticker on it that doesn t state if windows splash to black screen now blue screen it was home or Professional windows splash to black screen now blue screen to start with I say all this because I can t tell you if the OS was preinstalled or after market installation IN case this matters any I am not knowledgeable about computers without the aid or forums like this so please know that when offering aid I ll need specifics please Recently my system malfunctioned and YourHighness helped me get it cleaned up It was working fine for a few days All of a sudden the Windows Splash screen disappeared and the screen went black After multiple reboots and selecting Function F eventually the computer would go to a grey screen and then would finish booting fine This went on for a week or two Meanwhile as YourHighness suggested I bought more RAM as it only had MB I read it can go up to a gig so I bought used from eBay a and installed it Booted fine after the black screen issue still and worked fine A couple of days later I went to boot it back up and got a blue screen saying quot Stop C Bad Image CheckSum The Image MSAN dll is possibly corrupt The Header Checksum does not match the computed checksum quot I can not boot to safe or any other option I can only access bios and am clueless what to do once there if anything I tried recovery counsel booting but it just refreshes the options screen essentially it only recognizes the XP option I removed the RAM in case it was causing the problem Tried to boot with just a and also with s Still got same blue screen I don t know what to do from here Do I need to take it to a repair shop or can someone guide me through some options Please advise Most appreciatively Thatguy

A:windows splash to black screen now blue screen

I would think that your first priority, assuming that your data is safe, is to obtain a means of reinstalling/repairing XP. I mean, that would be my first priority if I intended to run a system with XP on it and I did not believe that the system would run perfectly until I decided to retire/sell/junk it.

So my first suggestion would have been...contact Dell and inquire about recovery/restore CDs for your system.

As for your apparent option of taking it to a shop...that won't resolve the fact that you have no install disks of any type.

I've not ever seen an XP sticker that doesn't indicate which flavor of the O/S is installed.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199556/windows-splash-to-black-screen-now-blue-screen/
Relevancy 51.6%

A tough question
I have an ACER Aspire X1800 desktop (unable to obtain any information on mother board or BIOS).

I recently had this problem once but cannot understand it.
The BIOS hung before it got to the OS with "del" and "F12" options still showing on screen. F12 brings up the boot device menu and was unresponsive multiple times.
When I tried "del" it responded and I checked my CMOS settings with no changes. Exited CMOS setup and it's booted fine since??????????????????????

Do I have a BIOS/CMOS issue waiting to hit again?

A:BIOS hanging

If the bios is screwed up, I might try flashing it with same or preferably newer driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/114896-bios-hanging.html