Windows Support Forum

Error sync Offline folders - files identical

Q: Error sync Offline folders - files identical

Hi,
I have a problem with the offline folder sync. It always says that I have files changed on both location even if both files are identical - both size and time stamp. The files has not even changes for month or years
Have anyone had the same problem, and been able to solve it?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0beaa807-1a20-46de-9caf-de8e58bdd7aa/error-sync-offline-folders-files-identical?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Error sync Offline folders - files identical

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.87%

Hi nbsp We have few laptops windows pro for sales rep and Offline file enable to sync their documents which are on SBS server nbsp I don't know why it try to sync some other users My video My music etc files and error says quot access denied quot or ldquo The Process cannot access the file because it is being used by in with denied or access and to user sync sync failed try and already files use files Offline other folder file another process Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use rdquo nbsp we have tried many times and confirm there's no one using those files but still same error nbsp I found this article on forumbut not sure how much this valid to SBS and if it's known issue why not there's fix patch yet from Microsoft On the server I had to ADD this reg entry and set it to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services MRXSmb Parameters OplocksDisabled REG DWORD or Default not disabled And then Changed this entry to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services LanmanServer Parameters EnableOplocks REG DWORD or Default enabled Regards ayaz

A:Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use

Hi Scott
I found the problem and use following method to fix it
1) Check SBS group policy
2) Check permission on CSC folders (I delete all folder under this folder and check permission on this folder)
3) Reinitialize Cache database, there are different method but i use following
http://www.networknet.nl/apps/wp/archives/1093
And finally restart PC
Regards
 ayaz

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab222cb3-4e4f-474b-b853-308a3e81112c/offline-file-sync-try-to-sync-other-user-files-and-folder-and-failed-with-access-denied-or-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi nbsp I've got a laptop user with a Windows x Pro I've defined a folder on our R file server for his use as the primary storage location on the user's machine I've mapped the network location to a drive of his work files I then went ahead and marked that folder as 'Always available offline' and made sure that the first sync was completed I've created a sync schedule through the Sync Center Over time the size grew to be around GB of small files mostly documents and presentations The problem While running the sync an error occurs access is denied on one of the inner folders It seems that once the error is encountered the entire sync Files: stopped first Offline after error sync is halted The affected Offline Files: sync stopped after first error folder does not have explicit permissions I've checked both locally and on the file server and is inheriting the rest of the NTFS permissions from the root Offline Files: sync stopped after first error folder The folder can be accessed from the file explorer of the user's machine Moreover when I enter the Properties of the folder switching to the 'Offline Files' tab and click 'Sync Now '' the sync continues as expected The question What is the expected behavior Should the sync process stop once an error is encountered If so Offline Files: sync stopped after first error what can be the cause of the 'Access Denied'

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d31d09a-0dc5-48a1-b615-501b72dd153f/offline-files-sync-stopped-after-first-error?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 88.15%

We're in a domain at work and a user have a folder on the server that he usually syncs with from his computer. The problem is that when I right click on the folder and choose "syncronize" it gives me "permission error". 
How do I fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/367413f7-e36b-40d0-8b5d-c4b23fcecc12/permission-error-trying-to-sync-offline-files-windows-81-to-server?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a 2003 SBS server and several users all on Windows 7.

One of the users just got a new Sony laptop with Windows 7 Pro, his existing laptop was also Windows 7 Pro.

I am trying to make same file share available offline again and the files sync with no errors in sync center. But when the user goes offline all the files have a red X and the files are partially transparent.
All the KB's and threads I can find involved people getting access denied errors, but I'm getting no sync errors.

Any ideas?
I tried formatting the offline files database earlier and I made a dozen files available offline. No errors but again red x's when he went offline.

A:Offline files sync but all have a red X

Have you seen this? Especially The OP's second post: Sync Center Problem with Offline Files

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224820-offline-files-sync-but-all-have-red-x.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Our users "my documents" folders are set up for redirection to \\ourserver\users

We have an XP based machine ( machine X ) that was used by person A, each time they logged off it synchronized as expected.

However machine X is now used by another user B.

Whenever user B logs off user A's offline files still keep synchronising, have deleted all the files from the offline folder I still cannot see a way of stopping user A's files and starting the new user B's files sync.

User A's files were accounting type files and are sensitive files that should not be viewed by others, however by still sync to the offline files folder they can be easily viewed.

Any thoughts as how I can stop this and re-direct the new users files to sync as I need to release this pc for general use.

Cheers.

A:Offline files / folder sync

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307853

You need to unmark the old users' folders for offline use, apply, reboot and make sure that the machine can see the domain and be made happy on that front, log in as the new user and then mark those new folders for offline use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-folder-sync.910752/
Relevancy 76.97%

Just wondering if there are any suggestions regarding a sync problem I am having. Up till now, I have been able to do seamless sync between my laptop (Vista ultimate) and my desktop (vista home). Recently it has stopped working, except where I sync individual files.
e.g. if I create a file offline on the laptop, I get a sync error when I reconnect to the network. It says "assertion failure" in sync centre. Same happens when I select the folder and manually press sync. However, if I rightclick the file and press sync, it syncs fine. This happens even where this is the only file in the folder, which suggests that there is something different between folder permissions and file permissions. However, haven't made any changes to permissions etc. recently and all file permissions are inherited from the parent folder anyway.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/163222-sync-problem-offline-files.html
Relevancy 76.11%

It reads as though it does:

Quote:
The Windows 7 Offline Files feature allows you to keep on your computer, copies of files normally stored on the network. When you select a network file or folder to make available offline, Windows automatically creates a copy of that file or folder on your computer.
Anytime you reconnect to that network folder, Windows syncs the files with those in the network folder. You can also sync them manually at any time.

So my question is: If you put the exact same files on two network computers with Offline Files turned on, will they sync when you open a file? Or does one have to be a file server for it to work?

A:Does Offline Files sync between network computers?

Hello Greg,

In this case with 3 networked computers, the two separate network computers (ex: A & B) would only sync with the source network computer (ex: C) of the offline files, and not each other directly. They (A & B) would evently be synced though since the are both syncing with C.

Sync Offline Files

Hope this helps some.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118582-does-offline-files-sync-between-network-computers.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have several windows 7 computers networked on a LAN without a server - just workgroups. I do use one computer to "serve" shared folders though. I use Offline Files to keep files on a wireless laptop synchronised with the "server" and centralise all backup activities on the "server". I want to enable Background Sync and Transparent Caching for a more stable setup although these options appear to only be available to domains. Is there any way I can enable these options without setting up a full server and domain? Thanks

A:Offline Files Background Sync without domain

Why not use Windows Live Mesh (without syncing to the cloud storage portion)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172866-offline-files-background-sync-without-domain.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I believe I have searched the history of Sync Center issues enough that this is an issue that has not yet Cannot from Remove Sync Files Offline Center been addressed nbsp If so please point me to the proper article nbsp Thanks I was making folders available for offline use in my Win Ultimate edition nbsp We are in the process Cannot Remove Offline Files from Sync Center of moving Cannot Remove Offline Files from Sync Center to NAS servers with new network names and I know syncing with NAS servers is not working correctly right now So I have unchecked all the folders to make then unavailable for offline nbsp I have also gone to quot Manage Offline Files quot and tried deleting all offline files for the network drive nbsp However there is one Network Drive that I cannot get to delete no matter what I try nbsp I have tried Deleting Offline Copy for the drive which it says is successful but the network drive and a folder hierarchy remain when I view Offline Files nbsp Also when I view this folder path in Windows Explorer it gives a status of quot Offline Availability Available quot nbsp I find this odd since the Make Available Offline box is not set for any of the files or folders in this path nbsp Also this message seems odd to me since the only valid messages I have found for this status are quot Always Available quot or quot Not Available quot I have also tried making all of these files and folders available offline again and removed and deleted but I still have the same problem nbsp I have also tried the registry key to reset the cache for offline files and that did not work either Please help me get rid of this because it is driving me nuts Thanks

A:Cannot Remove Offline Files from Sync Center

Had the same problem few months back . In the end had to reinitialize the offline files cache all together:

Open up registry editor (WARNING: Only for Advanced Users)
Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc
Add a new key (folder) called Parameters
Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc\Parameters, add a new DWORD called FormatDatabase and set its value to 1

You will need to reboot the PC afterwards.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9ce9195f-0aea-4019-84e5-13bd01e36b19/cannot-remove-offline-files-from-sync-center?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 76.11%

I can't seem to figure out this issue Hopefully someone can My boss uses three computers all running Windows SP Professional Her My Docs are redirected to a server share and copied locally for offline use via Offline Files Center with Sync Problem Offline Files She often tells me that she thinks she is missing files and folders at any given point using any one of the three computers there's no pattern Now when I check any of these computers I see the little red X over the Sync Center icon I'll manually run a sync yet it fails each time on several old files I can verify Sync Center Problem with Offline Files the files are present on each computer and the Sync Center Problem with Offline Files server but yet it seems the Sync process doesn't agree It also halts the sync so no further files are sent How can I fix this First why doesn't the sync continue after an error and on a single file Why would she be getting errors on a file that exists and is identical The error is always quot the specified network name is no longer available quot I can restart the sync and it will Sync Center Problem with Offline Files fail on two more random older files The server is question is a plan fiel server running Windows R She is using the very same domain account on all three systems and has local admin rights to all three system

A:Sync Center Problem with Offline Files

So far, I found a KB article that seems to describe my exact issue. I requested the hotfix and applied it to one of the systems for now.

Offline files synchronization may not finish on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211936-sync-center-problem-offline-files.html
Relevancy 75.25%

So this is what I m trying to do I have a laptop that I mostly use it s running Windows I m trying to Problems Windows Files Sync Offline Center set up my iPod so it will connect to it instead of my desktop which is what it currently does but all of my Music is on an external hard drive that is connected to the desktop I just got a new router a Belkin Work Windows Sync Center Offline Files Problems amp Play It comes with a USB port on the back to connect external hard drives to So I decided to instead of having to plug my external hard drive into the laptop every time I wanted to access my music I would hook up the hard drive up to the router and then make the files be available offline on my hard drive This way my girlfriend could also access the music from her laptop The only problem is that I can t get the files to be available offline I tried to right click on them and say quot always available offline quot when I did this sync center would open and try to sync them but every single file would cause a sync error because quot The process could not be completed because the file was in use by Windows Sync Center Offline Files Problems another process quot I cannot for the life of me figure out Windows Sync Center Offline Files Problems how to fix this so I need help If you need more information I will for sure be willing to answer any questions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-sync-center-offline-files-problems.964571/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi guys,
we don't like for sync the recycle bin during sync offline folder, but system do it automaticly. How to exclude it?
The same situation with subfolders 'My music' and 'My pictures'. We would like to sync 'My documents only'.
Please help!
Thank a lot

A:Exclude Recycle bin from Offline Files (Windows Sync Centre)

Hi,

You can click “Start”,
 input “Managed offline files” in Search box and press Enter.

In the window of Offline Files, go to General and click “View your offline files”

Then you can manage offline files folder in it.

This link maybe helpful to you:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938875.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Leo  
Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b3688b3c-8446-4461-af38-041a7cb12762/exclude-recycle-bin-from-offline-files-windows-sync-centre?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All,

At my work a colleague has purchased 3 x ASUS Transformer Books, each of which is loaded with Windows 10 Home edition.

I need to access a file share using each of these Ultrabooks and ideally perform a sync using the offline files feature.*

Does Home edition support connecting to a Domain based file share with the ability to sync data (offline) on the said share?

If this isn't possible what are my options for syncing domain based files with a Home edition of Windows?

Kind Regards,

Davo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/using-w10-home-edition-to-access-a-domain-based-file-share-and-sync-files-offline-1155530.html
Relevancy 72.24%

We have to Center Unable shares and inclusion file - Files types from Offline Sync remove an issue where Offline Files is synchronising files in Shares B C D We only want synchronisation to occur in Share A Home To date we have tried the following Reformatting the Offline Files database Selecting the option to NOT cache on the share's properties on our File server Added Shares B C D to GPOM as destinations drive letters to not include in Offline Folders rule Added pst extension to the GPOM as a file type to not include in Offline Folders rule Turned off the Slow Link option in GPOM Despite all of these settings being active there are Offline Files - Unable to remove shares and file types from Sync Center inclusion files in B C and D that are still being made available offline After the database is reset and Sync Center is allowed to resync Share A it automatically syncs the exact same files that we do not want So this must be stored in a list associated to a particular user somewhere but we have no idea where to find it we have looked in AppData for multiple users but cannot find what we hope to see in terms of settings for Sync Center or Offline Files I should note that the files in Share B C and D appear to have been accessed in the past where perhaps there once was a Slow Link detected but now Sync Center is constantly including those files for any particular user Example I may have accessed files and during a Slow Link being detected and they always now become available offline for me user accessed files and and so those files for that user are now always being made available We have tried removing the local profile accounts nbsp from the computers but the issue will still persist and the issue will follow users from computer to computer so this list of files that Sync Center is references for offline availability must be stored on the network somewhere I suspect that now the new rules in GPOM are set the issue can finally be resolved by deleting the list of files that Sync Center references for offline availability but does anyone here know where that file would be and what it is called HINT It nbsp isn't on the local computer as we have rebuilt a few Many thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e9be2951-af87-4f4a-90dc-bc9b9e37ecab/offline-files-unable-to-remove-shares-and-file-types-from-sync-center-inclusion?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi All,

One of my users is having problems with offline files and folders.
He has alot of data he needs offline (i have increased the size available for offline files). now whenever he creates a new folder it will not sync offline. It brings the error "The system is running with the last known-good configuration"
By default all new files and folders you add into a folder that is available for offline become available, but this is no longer the case. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-and-folders-problems.417273/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a desktop with 1.5tb of crap on it and I can't just clone it to my laptop
However I want to be able to keep things like iTunes library and game saves in sync
I also want it to
Not be automatic if I so desire
Be over wifi or USB cable
And I want it to sync the most recent of the 2 copies say I download a song on my laptop I want it to copy 2 my desktop but later if I get one on my desktop I want it to copy 2 laptop like a 2 way sync sorta thing
I'm also not looking for user friendly I can handle advanced stuff (sometimes that's even better) and can handle any REASONABLE price tags for this program or feature

I hope this is in the right topic area and thanks for the time and help.

A:program 2 keep certain (not all) files/folders in sync between 2 computers

I use something called SyncBack.
SyncBack Freeware - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

Cnet has a video on iTunes with multiple computers. I don't use iTunes so I'm not sure how well the software that's out there works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/program-2-keep-certain-not-all-files-folders-in-sync-between-2-computers-581691.html
Relevancy 69.23%

hello everybody,

can you please suggest any good sync programs?
i have to copy/move stuff to my external hard disk the fastest way.

thanks in advance

Relevancy 69.23%

hello,

recently i am having troubles with 1 user who has a troubles syncing his offline files/folders,
i have 6 other users using the same config without problems but their folders are all less then 1gb, this users folders is aprox. 9 gigs.

last friday the folder just dissapeared from the server after user logged in to the network and did a sync without problems -> ?
could this be the next ms error or could it be a user error?

i wass wandering if their is somebody out there who experienced the same problems and found a solution,

thx,
mdg

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-offline-files-troubles-with-large-folders-183657.html
Relevancy 69.23%

We redirect My Documents to a network location. The W7 Documents library is made up by default of the Public Documents folder and My Documents (redirected). It seems when the folder is redirected users get an information bar indicating that some library features are unavailable due to it being on an unsupported location. Now, the solution to this seems to be enabling offline files which copies the files locally allows the folder to be indexed. I've tested this and the message goes away. What if we don't want to use offline files, primarily on desktops - how can we index this location and get full library functionality if the folder is redirected? FYI the technet article is here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744693%28WS.10%29.aspx#WS_IndexingReqs_BasicLibraries

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8975fb07-26ea-455e-b8b9-40bf33662502/libraries-redirected-folders-index-and-offline-files?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 68.37%

Last year folders folder locking for files to Offline just Un-linking or certain down or disabling one I upgraded my old Small business server to server standard Un-linking or disabling Offline files for certain folders or locking down to just one folder and shortly after had issues with some of the offline files Un-linking or disabling Offline files for certain folders or locking down to just one folder on the server we use almost all laptops here that users take home at night and we have folder redirection set up Un-linking or disabling Offline files for certain folders or locking down to just one folder through group policy for the my documents and pictures folders stored in server Network users and these folders sync locally However we also have network drives set up pointing to server Network and server network scans as drives N and S Files in these network drives somehow got set to be available offline and caused issues with versioning and nbsp people coming in and finding themselves in quot offline mode quot Thinking this to be user error I updated group policy to employ these policies Remove quot Make Available Offline quot command Enabled nbsp Remove quot Work offline quot command Enabled nbsp Today however I found that a laptop that had been deployed After all of this had been put in place was having the same problem with files on the N drive showing as trying to sync outside of the users folder Is there a way that I can lock this down to only sync the items in the user folder for documents and pictures Outside of that folder we have other company documents and databases that get problematic if they try to sync changes between users and it's causing a lot of issues ijerry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5b5566d7-1d31-4783-86c9-33c7e99cabe9/unlinking-or-disabling-offline-files-for-certain-folders-or-locking-down-to-just-one-folder?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.5%

SugarSync had this capability where you simply checked specific folders you wanted to be synced. Are there any other sync services that provide this function?

So like my Desktop could be checked off as well as my My Picture's folders.. instead of just having one "Sync" folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-there-any-free-sync-services-that-allow-me-to-sync-only-select-folders.1125996/
Relevancy 64.5%

SugarSync had this capability where you simply checked specific folders you wanted to be synced. Are there any other sync services that provide this function?

So like my Desktop could be checked off as well as my My Picture's folders.. instead of just having one "Sync" folder.

A:Are there any free sync services that allow me to sync only select folders?

Read here
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2014283/microsoft-adds-selective-sync-to-skydrive-cloud-storage.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534364/are-there-any-free-sync-services-that-allow-me-to-sync-only-select-folders/
Relevancy 64.5%

A:Are there any free sync services that allow me to sync only select folders?

Skydrive or Dropbox. www.dropbox.com which is a cloud allows you to backup or sync files and folders.

Edit: Here are a list of others 12 free cloud storage options

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/are-there-any-free-sync-services-that-allow-me-to-sync-only-select-folders-837106.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I can setup offline folders on a Windows 2000 Pro client so the files are available when offline.

Is it possible to configure offline folders so that even when the computer is connected to the network the offline folder is still used.

What we want to acheive is for the notebook user to always use a local copy of their data but to also have an up to date copy on the server.

If i need to clarify anything or provide more details then please let me know.

Cheers

Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-offline-folders-always-use-offline.29034/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello everyone,

I have two folders of the same name in the same location (on an external hard-drive) and both of them have the same name. I don't know what I did but about an hour ago there was only one folder of that name. As you can see both folders are on drive G: and when I open them they are both empty but Windows is saying that one of them is 8 GB big, which is correct. All data for my project is inside but I can't get access to it and I dont want delete any of them in case I loose it.

A:Two folders, same location, identical name

Maybe one is a hard link to the other, as having two files with the very same name is not allowed. It also might be some serious disk corruption too. Try taking ownership and assign permission to yourself to at least view the whole folder, copy to a secure place, and then delete them both.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270360-two-folders-same-location-identical-name.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I'm sitting with a big issue at a customer and ask for your help Environment - x Windows R file servers configured in offline before disabling Files: Check files? Offline users integrity CSC DFS - approx x Windows clients Laptops - x network shares Common Common and Homefolder nbsp - quot Offline Files quot and quot Folder Redirection quot enabled for entire user profile - Everything is controlled by GPOs and there are no login scripts Symptom Due to some faulty settings in Offline Files: Check users CSC integrity before disabling offline files? the client GPO and the fact that the quot Common quot shares was set to allow Offline Caching of files and folders the majority of clients now suffer from sync issues and conflicts Most of the conflicted files are located in the users home folder but some users are also seeing the same issues with files located on the quot Common quot shares The users themselfes are not allowed to enable Offline Files as this is disabled by GPOs The only folders that should be treated as Offline Files are the ones in the users home folder Solution A new set of GPOs have been created that correctly set up quot Offline Files quot and quot Folder Redirection quot These are linked to a test-OU and the computers and users applied to that OU are not suffering from the problems above Question When we move a client the cache will be deleted and all non-sync'd work will be lost Today we manually look at every users sync center and try to resolve the conflicts before we move them to the new OU This is extremely time consuming when we are looking at potentially affected clients Is there any way one could check the integrity of the clients CSC Offline Cache before they get moved to the new OU We have SCCM R for inventory but I cant find any good report there Maybe scripting with PowerShell or VB All advices are welcome Best regards Jimmy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5789b8e2-2994-437e-8146-14bcc78a5487/offline-files-check-users-csc-integrity-before-disabling-offline-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm copying folder A on external drive E to folder B on external drive K Folder B is an older copy of folder A which I now want to update so that I have an identical copy of folder A on drive K I'm calling the copy of folder A on drive K quot folder B quot just for simplicity Folder A is gigabytes folders files When I copy A to B identical? are the 2 doesn't that ever function Why copy know folders the system Why doesn't the copy function ever know that 2 folders are identical? copies just the new files and after awhile tells me that there are copies of the remaining files already in folder B so I click on Why doesn't the copy function ever know that 2 folders are identical? cancel or skip remaining files Then just to be sure I copy folder B back to folder A and it finds a couple hundred files that it says are not in folder A so it adds them then tells me the rest are already in A So next I just want to be really sure they are both the same so copy folder A back to folder B again but it starts copying another hundred files from A to B I have done this back and forth thing over times till I got completely bored doing it and every single time it copys more files from B to A then more files from A to B then more files from B to A then more files from A to B and on and on If I look at the properties of both A and B they are identical same number of bytes files and folders But the copy process never sees that they are identical It will forever think there are some files in A that are not in B and that there are some files in B that are not in A no matter how many times I do this cross copying I realize I can just check properties earlier and let it go at that when the properties are identical but since I keep multiple backups of important files and I'm not always sure when they were last updated I like to do this copying in both directions But now I find that I can't rely on Windows to really know that some files already exist and it doesn't need to keep copying them over and over again Is this some kind of bug in Windows

A:Why doesn't the copy function ever know that 2 folders are identical?

Have a look at this. I think it will solve your problem. Much easier and a more elegant way of achieving what you are trying to do!
Download SyncToy 2.1 from Official Microsoft Download Centre

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289703-why-doesnt-copy-function-ever-know-2-folders-identical.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have split my user profile onto a larger mirrored drive using a junction link. This works perfectly. However when viewing my personal folders I see multiple identical icons for favourites, links, my music etc.

When I navigate to the actual area everything appears as it should be.

If I try to delete one of these identical icons then both icons go to the recycle bin along with the files inside the relevant folder.

Please see screen shot. I could recreate my profile and point the new profile at the relevant folders but setting up all my applications again will be a bit of a nightmare that I would like to avoid if possible.

Any advice welcome. This topic does appear to exist elsewhere but with no answer.

Rabid

A:Duplicate identical icons in personal folders

Rebuild your icon cache...
Icon Cache - Rebuild

...as well as running an sfc/scannow thrice in an elevated command prompt.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If neither works, restore to a point before you made these changes and try again.
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211543-duplicate-identical-icons-personal-folders.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

Newbe with a question.

I am assuming it is possible to enable offline files of multiple network folders but I can't get it to work.

Situation:
Running Win7 ultimate 32bit on a domain.
Server with 2 folder shares:
Share1: test1
Share1: test2

Mapped to a network drive (Share1) and was able to enable offline files.
I then mapped to (Share2) on the same server and the option Always available offline is clickable. Unfortuntely it does not do anything.

Is it just not possible to create multiple offline available folders using different mapped network drive folders from one server?

Cheers

A:Offline folders to multiple network mapping drive folders

This TechNet thread talks about the problem and shows some solutions that have worked for others.

"Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options

This link shows how to set up offline files to work with Windows servers.

Configuring New Offline Files Features for Windows 7 Computers Step-by-Step Guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281269-offline-folders-multiple-network-mapping-drive-folders.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm having trouble using offline files I am trying to use offline files on my laptop but when I try to open files Error files connecting offline to or folders I am getting different error messages having to do with connecting or sharing Some folders say quot Error while reconnecting Z to Computer Name Profile name Microsoft Windows Network The local device name is already in use quot Or on some folders I can open the folder path and see the file but when trying to open it I am only able to Error connecting to offline files open a read only version I have tried several times to go into the original folders on my desktop and change the sharing options which is maybe why some folders I can open and view and others not even open I have followed the tutorials shown here but somehow keep running into this problem How do I go about setting up the files correctly Currently I have the homegroup set up When I started using the laptop I set it up then when I couldn't access the files I thought I read somewhere that sharing through a mapped network drive was an easier way to share files I disassociated the homegroup and mapped a Z drive but no luck I went back and re-associated the homegroup with the same problem These are my personal machines and neither are on a network administrated by someone else meaning I am the only network administrator setting up permissions My desktop is running Windows Ultimate Service Pack And my laptop is running Windows Professional Service Pack Any help or suggestions would be appreciated To go back and retrace everything I did to set up isn't possible as I have tried several times using different options If I need to format the laptop drive that's possible as it hasn't shared correctly since I installed an SSD in it and using it as an extension of main machine is the reason for having it Meaning I really only need to use the shared files No files in the native user account are important except for Outlook data files Be kind I'm not a pro just a home user

A:Error connecting to offline files

Quote: Originally Posted by Gudzilla

I'm having trouble using offline files. I am trying to use offline files on my laptop, but when I try to open files or folders I am getting different error messages having to do with connecting or sharing.
Some folders say
"Error while reconnecting Z: to \\\(Computer Name)\(Profile name) Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use"
Or on some folders I can open the folder path and see the file, but when trying to open it I am only able to open a read only version.
I have tried several times to go into the original folders on my desktop and change the sharing options, which is maybe why some folders I can open and view, and others not even open. I have followed the tutorials shown here but somehow keep running into this problem.
How do I go about setting up the files correctly?
Currently I have the homegroup set up. When I started using the laptop I set it up, then when I couldn't access the files I thought I read somewhere that sharing through a mapped network drive was an easier way to share files. I disassociated the homegroup and mapped a Z: drive, but no luck. I went back and re-associated the homegroup with the same problem. These are my personal machines, and neither are on a network administrated by someone else, meaning I am the only network administrator setting up permissions.
My desktop is running Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1. And my laptop is running Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. To go back and retrace everything I did to set up isn't possible as I have tried several times using different options. If I need to format the laptop drive that's possible as it hasn't shared correctly since I installed an SSD in it, and using it as an extension of main machine is the reason for having it. Meaning I really only need to use the shared files. No files in the native user account are important except for Outlook data files.
Be kind I'm not a pro, just a home user.

If you require total access to you're Z drive it's required that you make some adjustments to the Security tab of the drive by adding "Everyone" to the access list. It's best to do this from the Z:>Users folder for security reasons although you can also do this directly from the Z: drive.

The link below shows you how.
HDD sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299205-error-connecting-offline-files.html
Relevancy 61.06%

ADULT PAGES POPPING UP OFFLINE, UNABLE TO REMOVE.

A:Unwelcome Sync.pop Up Offline

Welcome to TSG, FLY90MPH.

To help you identify the source of the problem we need to have a thorough look at your "startup profile". Go to the site below, download Startuplog.zip, unzip and run Startuplog.com. Copy and paste the full contents of Startuplog.txt (not stubbpaths.txt) to your next reply.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/Toys.html

And if you are not running an updated antivirus scanner, you should do an online scan here:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/pc_housecall/

Since you say these pages are popping up offline, you should also go to Internet Options and delete both the Temporary Internet Cache and its Offline content.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unwelcome-sync-pop-up-offline.68851/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a nailed up VPN between 2 sites the remote site is connected to the main and is joined to the domain.

I have set the workstation up so that when the user logs on and off the my documents synchronises back to the Main site. since there are more and more documents in this folder its becoming very slow. when the user clicks on my documents its taking around 15 seconds to open, i have checked all the dns and ip settings and its as it was originally when it was quick, is there a way to make the folder offline without terminating the VPN link so that they can work on it and then when they log off, it syncs back to the server.

Many thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-and-offline-folder-sync-help-please.649461/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Folks,

I use Bittorrent sync to sync my music folder across two computers. BTSync has managed to screw up, however, so now I need to sync these two folders such that no files are deleted, missing files are populated in the respective computer, and where conflicts occur (i.e. files are not identical), I'll either choose which one to keep, or just the latest version is kept.

In the past I'd probably use xxcopy to do something like this. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

A:how to sync partially sync'd folders

I use Beyond Compare to keep folders/files in sync, which is a 2-pane wonderfully powerful and wonderfully intuitive and simple to use product that can do anything you want.

You can update-to-left/right, or mirror-to-left-right, or simply compare and decide for yourself what you want to do.

You can also compare files (not just TXT files but other file types as well), with the two files presented in a side-by-side comparison so that you can decide what you want to do.

You can filter the display to show all, differences only, or equals only. You can also filter what gets compared (e.g. if you only want to compare *.FLAC, ignoring *.MP3, you can do that as well).

It's not free, but it does have a free trial. Give it a shot.

I cannot recommend it strongly enough. Been using it forever.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/369299-how-sync-partially-syncd-folders.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all I'm at my wit's end so I hope somebody can help me I'm trying to configure offline access to a network storage server for multiple client laptops running W Enterprise nbsp Each user has an individual folder on the server that I map to their systems first of all nbsp Then I right click the drive and check 'Always available offline' and let Sync Center do it's thing nbsp For of the machines once this is done I can disconnect the network cable and then try accessing the drive It Error Offline in 7 Windows in Files accessing will automatically show the offline CSC-CACHE version of the drive and operation is seamless When reconnected to the LAN Sync Center brings the server copy up to date nbsp For the other however after disconnecting the network cable clicking on the drive produces the error message nbsp quot An error occurred while reconnnecting G to CompanyServer ShareFolder users jones Microsoft Windows Network The local device name is already in use This connection has not been restored quot - The offline cache has definitely been created because it can be accessed via the 'Manage Offline Files' option in Sync Center nbsp - Reconnecting the network cable usually successfully restores connection to the drive It's only offline access that won't function nbsp - It is possible to successfully configure offline access to the same drives using different client laptops nbsp - I have already attempted altering the Error in accessing Offline Files in Windows 7 host name different credentials within Credential Manager net use del yes net use persistent no I've tried reconfiguring from scratch deleting the user account and recreating same problem occurs nbsp - I've also installed hotfix KB even though it didn't quite describe the exact problem But again this didn't change anything nbsp I really don't know what is causing this issue and have searched extensively but found nothing I'm wondering if anybody can help me I've tried to be thorough but if there's any crucial info I've missed above then please let me know nbsp Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7098ce2f-4e14-4b3d-87c2-1f465f04ded0/error-in-accessing-offline-files-in-windows-7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Everyone My laptop is not behaving when it comes to quot offline files quot Here is a screen capture of my challenge - Although I see the message quot Offline files is enabled but not yet active Restart this computer to activate Offline files quot restarting doesn t have any effect After doing some research I have come to the conclusion that the quot offline files amp or database quot has been corrupted Working along these lines error)! (in disabled Offline files permanently Microsoft provides a solution which involves a registry tweak http support microsoft com kb However after I followed the instructions above my laptop after a restart could not boot back into Windows Instead it provided a repair and a system restore option - an attempt to repair failed leaving me with no choice but to perform a System Offline files permanently disabled (in error)! Restore My laptop is working thankfully but there has been no improvement in quot offline quot files If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix my quot offline quot files they will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-permanently-disabled-in-error.1039719/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a user (my CFO) that uses the offline sync like everyone else in our company. However, when he's working on a document offline he needs to reboot before that file will sync to the server regardless of if he's online again or not. It does sync when the computer is shutting down, but not manually or automatically while he's online.

I've tried numerous ideas to try to get it to work. My next step would be to re-initialize the database and see if that fixes the problem, but I wanted to see if anyone here has any less destructive ideas before I try that.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-file-sync-problem.863801/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all We have an issue with offline folder sync conflicts folder Offline on Windows All the users have sync conflicts errors We use the Offline folder sync conflicts CIFS for our users nbsp home directory offline folder nbsp I have Offline folder sync conflicts found this solution Click Start type regedit in the Start Search box and then press ENTERLocate and then click the following registry subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Offline folder sync conflicts Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion NetCache nbsp On the Edit menu point to New and then click Key Type SyncConflictHandling and then press ENTERRight-click SyncConflictHandling point to New and then click Expandable String Value Type the path of the network share as the value name for example servername share Right-click the value name and then click Modify In the Value data box enter a value listed in the table below and then click OK The possible values for SyncConflictHandling and a description of each value is listed is this table What is the best way to fix the offline folder sync conflict issue nbsp Thanks Ira

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc614352-9b11-47e3-84b9-81d8a195fd2b/offline-folder-sync-conflicts?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 60.2%

We have a new employee that wants to use her laptop, which is fine. It is a Dell with XP pro. At her former job she was synchronizing her offline files with their Win 2003 server.

I have set it up to work on our network and to synchronize offline files with our Win 2003 server. All this is working great, but it still attempts to synchronize with the old server.

I looked on line and did not find any advice on how to make it forget the old server. Any thoughts? It is working at the moment, but really annoying.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40663/offline-file-sync-issues/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All I am using offline file amp folder Sync option to my Document on Network drive It works fine as Windows automatically sync the offline files on which I work while I am away from the network or not connected However when I create a new file in offline mode and connect my laptop with network the file created in offline mode disappeared deleted I have gone through with blogs and dox to understand that Anytime you sync it update the file with the latest version nbsp on network folder If it is the case then how can I Sync the files I create when working offline nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp File Offline Sync and Folder nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Sarwar

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d300d960-de30-4b73-862d-5906a4a8b104/offline-file-and-folder-sync?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.77%

Environment is win7 Professional 64bit client connected to active directory on Server 2003 domain.  There is a group policy to enable/disable offline files.  Win7 client is getting the correct policy applied to enable offline files.  The offline files service on win7 client is set to automatic startup, but does not start:  Error 3  The system cannot find the path specified.  I would also like to reinitialize client side cache, but it looks like this procedure has changed and I am unable to find documentation to reinitialize.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6660764-0504-412e-b5a0-3e16e5f5ca59/offline-files-error-3-the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.77%

Since user has been migrated to Vista Enterprise, offline files have not been functioning correctly. It appears to ONLY be that way for newly created files and folders. Sync log indicates that "the files are in use by another system."

All other users syncing to the same server are fine.

I've disabled Indexing, but that did not take care of it.
I've also googled the heck out of this. Nothing worked.

If I go to the actual server location and sync from there, it works without issue, but not the other way. There's a similar error for every created file or folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Vista Offline Folder Sync Issue

Bump. Request for help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-offline-folder-sync-issue-460592.html
Relevancy 59.77%

"Always available offline" options click on but nothing happens..sync not started...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-folder-sync-issue-windows-7.1074553/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have win 8,1

things i changed after stable system

deleted skydrive registry entries
installed acronis backup ( i activated scheduler but i disabled it ;problem still here )
i clicked on the taskbarflag saying (problems):: in my microsoft account i changed the security email
then in windows i was prompted please enter your password again :: after that problems began
evertime i store something on my desktop files / folder there are deleted in a random time
they just disappear and can be found nowhere

how can i troubleshoot this - its very wired

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45459-windows-8-1-after-update-hardcore-sync-error-files-del.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, seems like my case is quite different..offline status = offline (need to sync), i try to sync again but getting error = "access is denied"

A:failed to sync offline file - access denied

Hi, recently i facing an issue with Windows sync center. seems like my files was unable to sync to server and the status of the offline = offline (need to sync), all this file still store in CSC folder which i dont have permission to access. please advise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357694-failed-sync-offline-file-access-denied.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone,

Is making a file available offline and sync it contain the same size or as the same as you copying a file manually?

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303740-making-file-available-offline-sync-contain-same-size-you-copying.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All This one's for the heavyweight division OK this one's got me stumped I just rebuilt my system after a new Power supply fired my CPU MBD Video card amp a Blu-Ray drive Long sad VERY expensive story During all this I had to restore Windows from a backup sector copy All seems well but today I went into Sample Pictures by accident and was clicking out of it when my eye caught something weird so I went back There it was Several files had identical names Huh Since I've been a Repair Tech for gt yrs and predate DOS I've seen a lot But this one doesn't make sense So I started troubleshooting and here's what I have so far Chkdsk shows no errors drive is fine Obviously rebooted I always have Windows showing extensions and Hidden files doesn't apply here none are hidden The files are all are jpg Chrysanthemum Desert Hydrangeas Jellyfish Koala Lighthouse Penguins and Tulip Rest of them show single names so not all dups Stranger amp Stranger If I single Directory! Files same in Identical click twice on the names like you would to rename one will highlight the first part but if I do that to the second copy it highlights the whole name Identical Files in same Directory! including EXTENSION Ex Tulip jpg on st Tulip jpg on second Second one's the quot dup quot Win normally only highlights the first part not the extension Dummy mode LOL The names are identical Not almost no hidden characters IDENTICAL If I quot Open a Command Prompt here quot Identical Files in same Directory! and do a DIR the NAMES SHOW PROPERLY So the names are right but Windows is SHOWING them wrong They will re-sort properly if I change the view with two Tulips next to each other Opening Properties shows the same name for both BUT if you look at Details it shows the proper info - Camera taken date etc Now the kicker If I OPEN them like in Irfan Viewer they show fine WITH the proper name I thought - quot must be pulling the name quot but the names are long like Chrysanthemum YOU try spelling that Thank God for cut amp paste If I switch to Large Icons the thumbnails show different pictures with the SAME name under it Ex Tulip is really Waterfall but SHOWS the name Tulip OK Got me Any takers on this one Wanna dance Grin All the Best and thanks in advance PuterPro

A:Identical Files in same Directory!

That's above my head, but being the helpful soul that I am was wondering if this article could be related Reindexing Media Center Library | Krunk4Ever!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/identical-files-in-same-directory-661614.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I m really badly disabled and my hand with the mouse instead of doubleclicking on a folder I places sometimes Some files none see 2 identical must have dragged it somewhere It started moving files and I stopped it maybe through then I cut the moved directry and pasted it back basically on top of itself Now when I do a search on for example index html it finds identical index html files in the same folder which I thought was impossible but if I explore the folder I see nothing No files at all let alone index html fles If Some places see 2 identical files sometimes none I go into an Some places see 2 identical files sometimes none application like Pagebeeze and try to open that index html file it isn t there yet if I click on it from the searh results either of te it opens in Pagebreeze just fine Index html was just an easy example along with Some places see 2 identical files sometimes none Pagebreeze but several sub-direeectoies full of files are affected Full folders now appear empty I m afraid to do much in case I somehow overwrite an important file I don t know whether are officially there in Windows opinion or not Pretty much the only way to find these quot ghost quot files is using the Search function all oter was show empty folders Its XP Pro I have to quit I m so tred I can t hold my arm up and am having to retype every word as my hand drags acoss he keyboard If you can help I d really be grateful More info please just ask nbsp

A:Some places see 2 identical files sometimes none

Do you think a system restore would put things back in order?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-places-see-2-identical-files-sometimes-none.589808/
Relevancy 57.19%

Is there anyway of searching Windows for the identical files. My system has got many files (data files) in various folders and different partitions which are actually same and taking a lot of spaces. Doing this manually is big task because I will will have to search by each file's name.
Please help

A:Searching identical files

A duplicate file finder can do it, even if the files have different titles. Many have options to compare content.

http://www.snapfiles.com/downloadfind.php?st=duplicate+file+finder&action=s&search=Find+it&lc=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/searching-identical-files.585513/
Relevancy 56.33%

Boy oh Boy do I love dealing with out of sync mailboxes.
Premise:
End User e-mails out of iPhone, iPad, Office Desktop, and a Laptop.
End User's mail host is Google Business
After syncing her Google Business Account, she found that at least 1 e-mail is missing from her account.
We have her original PST file  << Was missing many e-mails from Google Business
We synced her account so all e-mails in Google Business apps are on all devices
Somehow it was found that e-mail(s) are still missing

Essentially, we need a tool to compare 2 PST files, export which mail is missing from her Business Apps, and sync the missing apps to Google Business so all mail across all devices are all the same.
So the golden question, is there a tool that will compare PST files and show duplicates/non-duplicates?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4ae85b7b-5c11-410b-bc7c-dcd61a6230e5/tool-to-compare-identical-pst-files?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 55.47%

I use SyncToy to synchronize files in My Documents between my Win Dell laptop and my Win XP Doesn't Files are SyncToy 2.1x64 Recognize MS Identical Dell desktop These days I do most of my work on the laptop and use the desktop as a backup device Somehow a few days ago the files in My Pictures on the desktop got deleted so I restored them from a back-up To reiterate these were files I had backed up from my laptop MS SyncToy 2.1x64 Doesn't Recognize Files are Identical to my desktop using SyncToy then backed up from the desktop to an external hard drive I then deleted the SyncToy dat files from My Documents on both computers and ran SyncToy Although the picture files on both computers have identical names dates and sizes SyncToy wants to copy all the files in My Pictures from the desktop to the laptop I copied the files in My Pictures from the laptop to the desktop using Windows Explorer MS SyncToy 2.1x64 Doesn't Recognize Files are Identical so they would be unquestionably identical deleted the SyncToy dat files and previewed the synchro between the two libraries and SyncToy still sees the ones on the desktop as newer In the preview window it doesn't MS SyncToy 2.1x64 Doesn't Recognize Files are Identical show any quot last modified quot date for the picture files on the laptop though they are identical when you look at the file properties in Windows Explorer and are detected by Directory Compare Glenn Alcott Software which considers all the My Pictures files on both computers identical Is there any way I can force SyncToy to recognize that the files are identical hence the ones on the laptop don't need to be overwritten by the ones on the desktop Thank you Terry

A:MS SyncToy 2.1x64 Doesn't Recognize Files are Identical

Please upload a copy of SyncToyLog.txt from C:\{User}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\SyncToy\2.0 so we can see what its done. A copy of the .dat may also be useful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/345605-ms-synctoy-2-1x64-doesnt-recognize-files-identical.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am still having issues getting offline files to work correctly I have a notebook running Windows Pro that syncs with a options available dissapeared option in tab offline" "Always folder and Offline Files desktop also running Win Pro After a clean install due to the many issues I've had dealing with Offline Files before I just synced folder to see if it would work And it did Windows synced the folder and it was made available offline I could easily make folders available offline by simply right-clicking "Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options on a folder and clicking the option quot Always available offline quot I was also able to successfully sync my Documents Desktop and Favorites folders using folder redirection Oddly when I tried to make a new folder available offline a few weeks later the option is gone for any other folders new or previously existing And when I right-click on a folder or file and choose Properties the "Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options Offline Files tab no longer shows as well I have a fairly simple home network setup My notebook computer syncs with a desktop PC also running Windows Professional I call this the quot Server quot PC Nothing has changed network-wise or configuration wise on either PC I haven't messed with any network settings or played around with offline files settings since the last successful sync No new networking hardware has been added either Screenshots below screenshot See the three folders below with the green sync icon over them But notice how the quot Always available offline quot option is missing from the menu when I right-click on any folder screenshot below If I right-click on one of those quot original quot folders and go to Properties notice how the Offline Files tab is visible However I can no longer uncheck this folder from being available offline If I uncheck the quot Always available offline quot check box Apply then hit OK nothing happens And when I go back into the Properties for that folder the check box is checked again It's like it doesn't even save my settings Oh and another strange issue while I'm here The quot Media quot folder shown below doesn't actually sync It shows that it's marked to be available offline but as soon as I disconnect from the network it's not available But the other folders DO sync regularly Only the Media folder doesn't sync at all the media folder just has a few video files less than MB screenshot below Here is screen shot of me trying to make the quot ClientData quot folder available offline but the quot Always available offline quot options does not appear when I right-click on it Any ideas as to what would cause this and or how to fix Keep in mind that I disabled and re-enabled offline files increased the space reserved for offline files played with the group policy settings trying to force the folder to sync and then I reformatted the database all to no avail Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6285c814-837c-4798-838f-e2ba00dec5fe/quotalways-available-offlinequot-option-and-offline-files-tab-dissapeared-in-folder-options?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.04%

I received my Samsung BX LED monitors today hooked them up installed drivers And now after wasting an hour on finding out that I had to do scaling on my card in the AMD Vision control center to get rid of the black bands I still am left with the problem that one monitor is whiter than the other I had two different white windows open to compare on my second monitor has identical Identical colors not Monitors, a yellow tint to it Far enough to be bothersome From what I can tell my first monitor is fine as is All of the settings are exactly the same for both Identical Monitors, not identical colors of the monitors I switched the cables on each to see if that made any difference and I even changed which DVI port I was using for them It seems that one just is insistent upon being yellow Is there any way that I can fix this issue I don't have very much knowledge in dabbling with the colors of monitors It's not as simple as just turning the yellow down Or is this a permanent issue that cannot be resolved Thank you

A:Identical Monitors, not identical colors

Unfortunately, there can be variations in colours even with identical models.

There are three things you can try:

Type 'color' in the search bar to open color management:

Ensure that either both the monitors are using the same .icm profile, or that neither are.

Adjust more settings on the monitors. ie the colours, brightness, contrast - make sure they are both using the same modes etc
Use the ATI control panels colour controls for the monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/160798-identical-monitors-not-identical-colors.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Just wondering, when you enable folders from a network share containing sub directories , why the files are not filed in their directories in the "Offline files" folder on the desktop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-offline-folders.281632/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have 2 computers on a peer-to-peer network that use offline folders. I had to change the network-id on both computers and I had to change the name of the computer that the files are sync'd to.
So now when the computer trys to sync, it's trying to sync to the wrong computer name. (has the wrong path now). It use to sync to '\\PC-A\folder\'. But now the PC name is PC-B. So how do I change it to look for '\\PC-B\folder\' instead of '\\PC-A\folder\'

How can I fix this? Do I have to redo the whole process? Or is there a way to just go in and change the computer name in the path so it connects to the right location.

There are allot of files involved. I would hate to have to set it up all over again as it would be a big and long process.
Thanks for any help!
Ken

A:Please, I need help with offline folders

Closed duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/t134156/s96102558f9e191b64a09354c32f13d41.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-i-need-help-with-offline-folders.134155/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a network drive which I have marked as "Make Available Offline" and are syncronized. When I disconnect my laptop from the network, open my shortcut to "Offline Files Folder" and select any document, I get a message similar to the following:

This file could not be found.
Try one or more of the following:
* Check the spelling of the name of the document.
* Try a different file name.
(\\Server\...\Test Document.doc)

I know the file exists, and it is available once I reconnect to the network.

Trev.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-folders-not-available.164795/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a D: drive for my documents and an X: drive for back ups... its also my portable harddrive.

lately, everytime i upload my pictures to my harddrive (in the D: partition) I find myself have to do copy from harddrive to portable harddrive just to 'back up' the files

is there an easier/automatic way of doing this? so that everytime i upload any new pictures, it automatically goes to my X drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync-my-folders.65541/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everybody,

I have a folder(with many picture take over 10 years) that I want to sync with my other computer over my network.

Does windows 7 have a sync tool that I can copy a folder to another place?

Thanks!

A:How to sync 2 folders?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rambytes

Hi everybody,

I have a folder(with many picture take over 10 years) that I want to sync with my other computer over my network.

Does windows 7 have a sync tool that I can copy a folder to another place?

Thanks!

Hi rambytes,

I'm looking into it.

Just one word of caution, synchronizing if not set right can lead to loss of files.
(especially the direction of synchronizing is important)

Get back to you on it asap.

Greetz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20941-how-sync-2-folders.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there I am having an issue with offline folders added in a library That issue was valid on Windows as well but I was hoping to get rid of the problem when switch to Windows What's the problem I have my documents on a storage server windows Also my network has Active Directory and my computer is of course joined to the domain I libraries under folders Offline wanted this network location srv-storage users angel Documents to be available use of the offline folders option and also added as Offline folders under libraries the Offline folders under libraries main quot Documents quot library on windows libraries I enabled successfully the network location to be available offline but the problem occurs when I add this as quot library location quot It works perfectly when I am joined on the network but when I am out when I click the quot Documents quot library I see the main document library to be empty The strange is that if I try to type on the address bar of the window the network location I see all my quot offline quot files under this folder srv-storage users angel Documents which is really annoy and frustrating Any ideas Thanks a lot in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/13763-offline-folders-under-libraries.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Is it possible to move where XP stores offline folders? I would like to be able to use a second partition for offline folders rather than the system partition. The reason for this is that our SOE ships with a large second partition and a fairly limited system partition.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-folders-question.97048/
Relevancy 54.18%

I get the following error " error copying files or folders" when trying to copy a 2.9G .wbb backup file to a new USB flash drive. The message in the error screen says "can not copy "kevin_my_Documents the path is too deep"
The file is on my "D" drive
D:\backup\kevin_my_documents.wbb.

I have tried 3 different USB ports with same results.I am using Windows XP SP2 and windows explorer to drag and drop.

Do I need to format the new flash drive?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all,

I want to ask one thing.
That is I have a program installed under "C:\Program Files\MyProgram\"
And my program will generate a log file if the program has some issues/errors with the folder name "PCLog" under "MyProgram" folder.
The full path will be "C:\Program Files\MyProgram\PCLog\"

However, when the program hit errors, it generate the file but I can't find the folder under "MyProgram" folder. Something wrong?

My program has a feature to browse excel file. When I use this program to browse under "C:\Program Files\MyProgram\", I can see this "PCLog" folder with an Lock icon on it.

Any idea?

Thanks.
scsfdev

A:Folders in C Program Files got error

Hello Scsfdev,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

I take it you cannot open this folder. In 7 the programs folder is a protected area. You need admin rights to change anything there and sometimes that's not enough. Try this: Take Ownership Shortcut.

You may have to also give yourself full rights. There is a link to how to do that in the 'Tip' box at the bottom of the tutorial.

Hope this helps.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/59332-folders-c-program-files-got-error.html
Relevancy 54.18%

my folders have messed on on my computer all the documents are not being recoginised by the computer- there all displayed as those pictures of a bit of paper with the different colour squares on. Does anyone know how to get it back to how they should be. I have tried open with but for example with the pictures they are not being previewed in the "filmstrip/ thumbnail" views on XP.

It has happened to every file in every folder- and instead for example saying Word document underneath the file name it says "doc (then a arrow pointin upwards) File"

If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me and big up!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-with-computer-files-in-all-folders.400435/
Relevancy 53.75%

Oooo wise ones !

Have two hard drives with XP on one and W7 on the second. How to sync some of my pictures folders, videos folders, note pads ? on both hard drives ?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, x86 Family 15 Model 43 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3070 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 229765 MB, Free - 44373 MB; D: Total - 8690 MB, Free - 413 MB; J: Total - 99 MB, Free - 75 MB; K: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 427069 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., NAGAMI
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 53.75%

I've got my PC at home with almost all of the music but I travel a lot and acquire a lot of music while I'm on the road.

The PC hard drive at home has about 23,000 songs and my external usb hard drive contains those songs also, but I've added quite a bit to my external drive and my wife had added some to the PC at home while I've been away.

Can I use Microsoft's SyncToy 2.0 to get the 2 music folders in sync? I want the information to be both ways, meaning I want it to update the latest information like if all I did was change an ID tag on the external hard drive all that I want it to do is update the ID tag on the PC.

Any help?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have been using POP for many years with multiple devices Win XP workstation iPad iPhone I recently ran into a bit of a problem with a new Win laptop that was set up as IMAP The result was multiple copies of emails on all of the devices I have shut down Outlook on the new laptop until Which folders IMAP? with sync I can figure this out After some research I realize that I Which folders sync with IMAP? need to decide whether to use POP or IMAP and set all of the devices the same I think it is time for me to convert everything to IMAP but Which folders sync with IMAP? before I do there are a Which folders sync with IMAP? couple of details about how the email folders are synced that I do not understand In the Outlook Mail panel I see a list of folders The top level folder is named Personal Folders Unicode There are - subfolders Deleted Items Drafts Inbox Inbox Junk E-mail Messages Outbox RSS Feeds amp Sent Items Some seem hardwired and some I created Many of them have sub-subfolders I have more than one email account They do not all come from the same ISP If I convert everything to IMAP will all of those folders and subfolders get synced That is will all of those folders suddenly appear on all of the devices including the iPad and iPhone Is there a way for me to create an email folder that will not get synced That is is there a way for me to move an email on one device to a non-synced folder so that it will appear to the other devices that it was deleted and so get delete everywhere else And is this a bad idea How does it work with two different ISPs GoDaddy and Netgate With my current POP system the emails from both ISPs go into the same set of folders If they are all IMAP will the entire folder structure from both ISPs get replicated on both servers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627076/which-folders-sync-with-imap/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an entertainment budget and I make it a hobby of mine to go around to our local used cd stores and pawnshops every week or two to see if they have any new cd's I like. now's the time folks! to get those cd's at a good price before they go the way of the vinyl records! anyway...sometimes I will find a band I like and take it home and rip it / (and I store the original!) and I seem to generate clutter wherever I go...I have 4 or 5 music folders going. Is there an easy way to sync these folders together? so I only have one folder with all my rips in it?
tyvm in advance

A:How do you sync folders in Win7?

Merging many to one is different than SYNC - - I think of sync as getting a duplicate set of files from a system to a portable device, eg iPhone, iPad, iPod - -

So; can you be more specific please; you'll get a better answer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-sync-folders-in-win7.187292/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have Skydrive for Windows installed. Copied a folder to the Skydrive location, shows up as a Skydrive sub-folder. All the files in the folder were immediately uploaded to Skydrive, but new files are not being uploaded. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Steve

A:Skydrive - how to sync folders

I believe you need to use the meshed synced folder to get real time sync like you are wanting.
https://devices.live.com/Devices/SkyDriveSyncedStorage

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/261714-skydrive-how-sync-folders.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi hope someone can help me here Got a laptop with a new clean install Win2K Folders Network Offline of Win K on a Win K server network User has network drives Win2K Offline Network Folders as all files are stored centrally on the Win2K Offline Network Folders server When logged on to the laptop with the network Administrators profile I can select a mapped network drive and make it available off line - no problem at all behaves exactly as I expect When logged in as the primary user who has admin privileges for the machine I can t find any trace of the make available offline option It s not available to turn on in the Tools Folder Options dialog or from the Control Panel Note these problems are profile specific - I DO have these options as Administrator but they have disappeared for the user Am I missing something fundamental Some little check-box hidden away somewhere Or can I jump start it by manually running the Offline files wizard On behalf of my frustrated user and myself for that matter I look forward to your replies Tegal nbsp

A:Win2K Offline Network Folders

What policies are set for this user on the server when they login? It may be a possibility that the Admin has removed that option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-offline-network-folders.329207/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have two laptops both run XP Pro which no longer will make folders available offline On both machines I can right click on the folder and select Make Available Offline It is not greyed out but nothing happens However if I go into the folder and select an individual file and right click and select Make Available Offline it will immediately sync that file to offline folders available Problem making the laptop I am not sure that it is a MS update issue but this problem has just started in the last week or so We also have a third computer that has not been updated with the latest MS updates which can still select a folder and have it made available offline It also may be associated with some other program but Problem making folders available offline the only items messed with in the last couple weeks are usually safe applications adobe products symantec java etc Has anyone else had any problems like this or have any suggestions on what to check Both machines used to have no problems making whole folders Problem making folders available offline and their contents available offline Thanks in advance Z nbsp

A:Problem making folders available offline

I hope this will help.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738531.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-making-folders-available-offline.815505/
Relevancy 53.32%

I`ve been using inCd4 by nero for quite sometime in my ibm laptop running w2k pro without any problems using an external(usb) dvdrw by nec (ND3500AG).My problem started when I bought a desktop running xp home and I started swapping my external dvdrw (nec) between the 2 system.I was not able to run inCd4 in Xp due to compatibility issues and I`ve already given up.Now in my laptop, whenever I send files and folders to inCd there is always an error which says "cannot copy files and folders an internal error occured".Just wondrin` what that error could be and just days ago I don`t have any problems with it. I will appreciate very much any suggestions or solutions about this issue.Thanks

Relevancy 53.32%

I receive two identical error messages upon start up - they are as follows:

ASSERT FAILED\Projects\srkernal\srs
Win32\cm\Core\cmCodeModule.cpp.90m_CodeHandle!=NULL

After I delete the above on my screen the following appears:

The application failed to install properly (0x80000003)

In the blue band across the information box on this message is: ddcmigrate.exe

The latter message always takes two deletions to clear off the screen

My computer seems to operate okay after I clear these off the screen???

A:I'm getting two identical error messages at start up

Uninstall Wild Tangent.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/im-getting-two-identical-error-messages-at-start-up-450329.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to sync folders across different systems runnning XP pro, 7 home premium and 7 ultimate. I have tried the windows version and was unable to set it up probperly. I am concerned that this is a networking issue because my laptop only intermittently recognizes the other machines on the network.

A:Recomended Freeware To Sync Folders

Microsoft synctoy? Download details: SyncToy 2.1

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/136116-recomended-freeware-sync-folders.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have installed in my computer a second HDD that I use only for backups.
The question is Can I sync folders on my C drive with folders on that second drive.?
This is so I will have a current second copy of the accountant work I am doing.

A:Can I sync folders on another drive, same computer

You can download Microsoft
SyncToy 2.1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=15155
To do what you want.
Loki

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274722-can-i-sync-folders-another-drive-same-computer.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am unable to sync around two dozen songs to my SanDisk Sport! Windows Media Player shows a red x at about 20 - 30 of them with just the word "Error". no other information is showing. right clicking on the x and selecting "error details" does nothing. If I try those songs again, same "error" problem. all 320 songs are music I made myself all using the same ACID Music Studio program so I do not know why it just says error on several of them. Google does not like the search for it and I don't blame it, how in the world is "error" going to make any hits?? even when adding "Windows media player sync" to the search.

and for the record, that's a new low for Microsoft to give an error message that just reads "error" without giving any more information on what the problem could be.

A:unable to sync files to my SanDisk Sport "error" no other information

Try this to remove the red x in WMP for some songs

Quote:
Go to Organize (top left of Windows Media player window) Click on Options, Click on library and then uncheck Retrieve additional Information from the Internet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/388923-unable-sync-files-my-sandisk-sport-error-no-other-information.html
Relevancy 53.32%

At my job I have this one woman whose computer started acting strangely this morning.

She cannot connect to one specific network drive for more than a few minutes at a time before it boots her out and puts her in 'work offline' mode.

She can synchronize the folders to get another few minutes out of it, but is having a hard time getting any real work done because of this.

Internet and email (email is on the same server as the network drive) still work without an issue.

At first I thought this may be internet explorer's 'work offline' issue, but when none of those fixes worked, I posted here.

She is the only one in the office with this issue, so I don't think it's a problem on the server side.

Any help is appreciated,
Thank you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/work-offline-synchronized-folders-issue.853141/
Relevancy 53.32%

Could someone please explain why subfolders do not synchronize when that option is selected when making a folder available for off line use? The folders that I mention were created after I made the main folder available for off line.

Also can't discern a pattern for the indicators on synchronized folders that you see in win explorer. Is there a "key"? Sometimes yellow, blue, red...I have even seen green, I think.

Much obliged!

A:Windows 2000 synchronization/offline folders

Try the steps in this microsoft article.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q262090
Hope this helps,

Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-synchronization-offline-folders.76040/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have external drive transcend store jet TB as my back up It was almost GB back up file including software programs documents pdf music photos videos and back up data for laptop It was pretty name checking to back How error folders/files bring after new after I upgrade from seagate go flex agent GB My problem appear after all of a sudden the usb cable which attached to my computer just slip a bit because of a little movement and then I tried to put it back to it's position Too bad when I click my computer to see the drive was not there So I unplug How to bring back folders/files name after error checking and plug it but still it did not recognized So I try log out and start over The drive now was recognize but the volume is empty and all of my back up were not there In panic mode I tried to chkdsk f through cmd but the computer fail to did it and ask bla bla bla unmount the volume next start up I can't recall exactly I checked yes I booted again and still the volume of the disk is empty I tried to do error checking in properties tools error-checking there were options that I click both of them Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of After hours of processed I did not have anything at all still empty even the disk had no label only Local Disk It used to be label StoreJet Transcend USB Device I did not know what to do to bring back my data I have spent days browsing every where to find answer One source said to look at winrar and yes I can see all the files but all in chk All folders files name vanished for GB data I almost faint because I don't have full back up only half of it Now I tried I care data recovery The problem is it can recover data on my disk drive but can not bring back folders name I can say that even though the program can recover data but file structure is ruin Folders name disappear and labeled as directory I can see raw files folder found and in the disk drive through recovery but I don't know what to do with this files I chose to recover file only in folder directory and put all in new disk drive Please help me to solve my problems as I am so desperate if I do rename all directory manually as there are thousands It can spent years of my life just to do it God bless you who can give me way out Thank you so much before

A:How to bring back folders/files name after error checking

Not easy. We once had a very persistent poster who tried about everything. Eventually he recovered the info with this:http://www.z-a-recovery.com/downloa...Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-bring-back-foldersfiles-name-after-error-checking/203069.html
Relevancy 52.89%

c:\docume~1\keiron\locals~\temp.

Above is the folder where it says their is not enough space in temp folders, im using nerovision to burn a personal avi video to dvd and i keep getting this message. anything i can do? instructions would be great also.

thanks.

A:ERROR: not enough space for temporary files in specified folders when burning dvd?

How much space do you have left on your C drive?
I'm not sure of an exact figure, but for a full DVD, you should have at least 5-10 GB free space. It's best to have a second drive installed for Video editing.
If you have other partitions or another drive, you can tell Nero to cache files there. In Nero, you would change this by going to Configure, and selecting the Cache tab.
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-not-enough-space-for-temporary-files-in-specified-folders-when-burning-dvd.442875/
Relevancy 52.89%

Sir I files folders & are & like looking all files w32/pitin.worm hidden & folders think all files & folders are looking like hidden files & folders & w32/pitin.worm due to wireless connection i have got some problem with my laptop it is affected by some virus and all files and folders are looking like hidden folders and my antivirus detects this w pitin worm this worm change the extension of the file and make it scr here is hijeck this log and dss main txt is attached with the msg Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Huawei MT dslagent exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion Webcam tsnp std exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcupdmgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http in yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http in rd yahoo com customize ie arch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptcl dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut CHDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard... Read more

A:all files & folders are looking like hidden files & folders & w32/pitin.worm

You have posted four different logs since the end of October,2007, here, here, here and here (where you also stated that your copy of XP is not not genuine). Also, each log appears to be from a different machine. This would amount to the abuse of the free service given in the forums. Please be informed that these threads will now be closed. Please do not try to start a new thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/all-files-and-folders-are-looking-like-hidden-files-and-folders-and-w32-pitin-worm-221156.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone!

A few months ago I got MS Office 2010 Professional Plus, and have been using it more and more the past week. I prefer MS Office over Google Drive because of its wider range of text options which can help me make more professional looking documents.

I am frequently on the go, so I have my files on my laptop (Vaio S Series) and a flash drive as well. Is MS Office able to save the document on both my flash drive and computer so that they are synced? I know that when I'm working on the file from my flash drive I won't be able to sync the file with the one on my laptop, but I hate having to save new documents on my flash drive over and over again.

Thanks!

A:How to sync MS office documents across multiple folders?

im not aware of being able to save two copies of a file when saving an office file, however if you saved the original to your skydrive folder /subfolders that could save you the trouble of using the flash drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/286893-how-sync-ms-office-documents-across-multiple-folders.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Howdy all I recently went on holiday and folders between prog? What Sharing/Sync & XP WIN7 upon my return I have discovered some changes to my work environment My pc now has Win x Another PC also contains win But we have two other PCs One is a drafting machine with XP bit the other a simple net machine with XP Pro In the past we used the XP breifcase to manage files and sync from the host main pc mine now on win All other systems had a breifcase that was backed up daily The IT guru who came around and did the upgrade on my pc to Win has installed SyncToy published by microsoft onto all the machines While it seemingly works ok I have noticed today that sometimes it deletes folders files and creates new folders file of the same even when no change has been made I also do not like the way you can not change the new delete overwrite selection as you could with the old briefcase I am looking for solid reccomendations on the best sync method SyncToy is ok but has glitches What prog? Sharing/Sync folders between WIN7 & XP The breifcase is slow and also doesnt seem to work with access databases So bring on some options and help a fello win brother out What prog? Sharing/Sync folders between WIN7 & XP Peice y Grimace

A:What prog? Sharing/Sync folders between WIN7 & XP

Hi Grimace,

You could try using Robocopy, which used to come preinstalled on Vista machines. Here's a thread about alternatives to SyncToy: Windows 7 - SyncToy alternative - Sync folder with Network drive... - Server Fault

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/71534-what-prog-sharing-sync-folders-between-win7-xp.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi eveybody,

I want to find one soft that can be used well in windows 7, that can do sync automatically every changes in my folders of Photos and documents to others places such as HDD extern , or backup folder ...

anyone have idea ?

thank you.

A:reach for one soft that can sync auto between folders

like Microsoft Office shared folder synchronisation or briefcase!?

Never used any of them, so I can be wrong

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/42851-reach-one-soft-can-sync-auto-between-folders.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having problems with two diferentes Windows 7 Professional computers, I'm opening a shared folder on a WinXP Computer but I don't see any new files, I can see them if I disconnect and reconnect the shared folder. All the computer are logged on windows 2003 R2 server domain. Any Idea?

A:Windows 7 Professional do not sync shared folders

Welcome to SF,

Do you have the shared folders mapped from the Win 7 machine? Try to disconnect and re-create the mapped drive, make sure that Reconnect at logon" checkbox is checked.
How to Map a Network Folder in Windows 7 - For Dummies

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189877-windows-7-professional-do-not-sync-shared-folders.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

I had to enable offline folders to use libraries with network shares.

After the computer running for some hours the network access (LAN only) is dead slow.

After a reboot it is fine again for some hours.

Is there any setting to look for?

A:Slow access to shares if offline folders is enabled

Usually caused by Indexing & Search that causes that. Every time you open up Network shares, or even explorer, Windows tends to want to reindex the network shares. It gets even worse if you have a lot of files in the share.

I would try turning off Home Group and just browse to the folders on the other computer, see how that works. There are some tweaks you can do for the Network. But you have to go into the registry and do it, unless you have the Pro version of Windows.

Offline mode is usually used in an Enterprise environment, where you are on a Domain and have a Active Directory server. Also with a computer with Group Policy Management.

I would just disable Offline mode, since you are not using the computer on a Domain.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65496-slow-access-shares-if-offline-folders-enabled.html
Relevancy 52.89%

The setup:
Laptop: Vista Business (32 Bit)File Server: Windows 2003 ServerMapped network drive to Z:/ using 'Connect using a different username'Selected subfolder Z:/Partners/ to be 'Always Available offline'The problem:
Disconnected from networkOffline folders work fineReconnect to networkCan't connect to any other subfolders on Z:/ (Shows as if I'm working offline)Problem reoccures after restart or disconnection/reconnection to networkThe question:How do you force Offline folders to connect to a network share? If I hit sync it tells me I'm not connected.Is there a way to connect to the network drive without viewing your cached files. (eg. typing z:/ goes to cached offline files and typing //computername also goes to cached offline files). Basically, is there a way to bypass cached files.Cheers,

Dan

A:Offline Folders - on reconnect to network, mapped drive isn't available

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem and found an old post Problem reconnecting offline files when mapped as a drive that complains about it, too. I can usually correct the problem by navigating to the equivalent UNC path in Explorer, upon which Vista will realize that it is actually connected. I am only doing this once a day, so it is bearable. Alternatively, I found that when I use the "Work offline" button before disconnecting and the "Work online" butten after reconnecting, things are quite smooth. However in order to get that button I have to open an Explorer window and go to the mapped drive location. I think MS should give the Sync Center tray icon a "Work Offline" option.

Cheers

Gregor

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/249838-offline-folders-reconnect-network-mapped-drive-isnt-available.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I will start at the beginning it has been a frustrating couple of days since MSN sync - errors - unable Chapura/Outlook Mobile Sync Outlook/Homtail error I had to reformat my hard drive I reformatted and reinstalled Outlook/Homtail sync error - Chapura/Outlook Sync unable - MSN Mobile errors Windows XP Pro sp I put the Microsoft firewall up to get the MS updates and then I reinstalled Norton I have a bug in my system that seems to be Outlook/Homtail sync error - Chapura/Outlook Sync unable - MSN Mobile errors contained for now that is I reinstalled office XP and then i downloaded the update SP I am not getting an alert that says that something is trying to get access to my Outlook contacts I assume that it is my Hotmail account yes I do have the ability to download I get the alert click quot OK quot four or five times and then Outlook locks up When I reformatted I lost the software Sprint gave me to sync my Samsung i with Outlook When I contacted them they said tough I had to buy more software Frustrated I broke down and bought Chapura Now I am probably so frustrated that I cannot get it started to sync even once Microsoft is now ignoring my requests for help to gain access to MSN mobile through my handheld Does anyone have any infomration on how to get to msn mobile even though mobile msn com does not take me to a personalized homepage to get my information I am an intermediate user so I know my way around a bit I have a hijack this log available as well as a Belarc run Let me know if you need anything to help me with this problem I am just frustrated Thanks nbsp

A:Outlook/Homtail sync error - Chapura/Outlook Sync unable - MSN Mobile errors

Post the Hijack log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-homtail-sync-error-chapura-outlook-sync-unable-msn-mobile-errors.249905/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Windows XP and run Avast as my security tool Yesterday while just browsing the internet my Avast tool started going crazy blocking things left and right and and Messages Files/Folders Hard Drive Error Missing running programs in its sandbox I thought it was taken care of and then i started receiving pop ups of hard drive errors I ran the typical hard drive tests with no problems and ran a virus scan but Avast was not finding anything I rebooted only to find a large number of my files folders missing soem were very important documents and pictures and the Hard Drive Error Messages and Missing Files/Folders hard drive messages popping up quite frequently The speed of the computer internet has severly slowed as well I downloaded MalwareBytes and Hard Drive Error Messages and Missing Files/Folders it found to files that i deleted However everytime i restart the computer and run MalwareBytes it is still finding stuff How do I get rid of this hiddent worm trojan whatever it is for good so it wont be creeping back in Thanks nick

A:Hard Drive Error Messages and Missing Files/Folders

Hello and to BleepingComputer.Try running MBAM this way.Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Link 3Link 4Before we begin, you should disable any anti-malware software you have installed so it does not interfere with RKill running. This is because some anti-malware software mistakenly detects RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how to disable your security software.Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed. If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply***************************************************Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareClick on the Update tab and click the button Check for UpdatesIf you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from http://data.mbamupdates.com/tools/mbam-rules.exe'>here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.~BladeIn your next reply, please include the following:Malwarebytes Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400238/hard-drive-error-messages-and-missing-filesfolders/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there.
I'm using outlook2010 on two computers. Both have the same IMAP Gmail account set up.
When I'm accessing outlook 2010 on my laptop, I receive new headers but these same headers won't show up in my desktop outlook 2010. Since the same account is set up as IMAP no both computers, shouldn't I see the same inbox?

Thanks,

Gil

A:IMAP folders doesn't sync outlook 2010

Yes, you should. I had some trouble with Outlook changing my Port numbers when I would select SSL and TLS Authentication, which is likely your issue. Be sure to check the second computers settings so they are the following:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - requires SSL:imap.gmail.com
Use SSL: Yes
Port: 993 Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS:smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587 Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com) Google Apps users, please enter [email protected]_domain.comEmail Address: your full Gmail email address ([email protected]) Google Apps users, please enter [email protected]_domain.comPassword: your Gmail password

Reference

I think MS is still working some kinks out with the IMAP intergration so if all else fails you can switch to SMTP in the interim depending on your OS.

If you found this helpful please provide me with Reputation

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/96501-imap-folders-doesnt-sync-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Am having some issues with Outlook 2010.

Program is locking up when first opened.

Icon on lower bar says " Outlook is syncing folders "

Sends fine, is getting stuck receiving 1 of 6 messages 7kb of 1.5 mb

Have gone into ISP mail portal & deleted all incoming mail. Looks to be trying to receive messages from couple days ago ?

I went off line & tried to delete a couple newer large ( 4-10 MB ) emails .

No luck deleting so when back online. Can still use the program somewhat.
Emails can be viewed , but not moved or deleted. Doing this will cause a premanent "processing" icon.

Still thinking those couple large files caused this & would like to find a way to delete them.

Other profiles in outlook work fine. Only the main default profile is freezing.

Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 locks up on sync folders receiving

Not sure if this would help:
pst file Corrupted - Repair

or this: Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) | MSOutlook.info

If you are connecting to an Exchange Server:
How to troubleshoot synchronization problems when you synchronize your Exchange Server mailbox with your .ost file in Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/251646-outlook-2010-locks-up-sync-folders-receiving.html