Windows Support Forum

Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490

Q: Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490

Hi I have been having trouble with my freezes only error 80070490 hard shutdown; Multiple detected requiring laptop for the past year or so but have finally resolved to fix it however all the tests and checks I have Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490 performed have come back clean other than some issues with Windows Update and failure to upgrade to Windows I don't know yet if these are linked The Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490 main issue is repeated complete freeze of the computer no HDD activity requiring me to long-press the power button to resolve it This has happened - times in the past year in a range of programs sometimes with nothing running sometimes under heavy load and hot though I have now discounted overheating as the cause I also had this issue while attempting the Windows upgrade after at the start of stage Configuring Drivers or something Again I don't know if these are linked Event Viewer doesn't show any obvious pattern of errors prior to Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490 the freeze though I have not looked at this in too much detail It justs shows the quot critical Kernel-Power quot when I perform the power off I have performed all the tests and checks I could think of sfc DSKCHK Windows Memory Diagnostic Windows Update Readiness Tool Windows Update Diagnostic sfc initially showed an error but was able to fix it though this didn't stop the freezing issue The system update readiness tool has showed errors in the past I can't remember when sorry but claimed to fix them Windows Update Diagnostic has always reported issues including ones it cannot fix which include This error has not always been reported though and appeared to start after one of the failed windows upgrade attempts so I suspect it may not be linked to the freezes The freezes have been going on for gt months and the windows upgrade attempts have been since the start of August The first was in mid-August I tried to perform a system restore after first noticing it to a time when I knew it was not reported and though I received an error xc this appeared to work and it temporarily removed the error However after I ran Windows update on and ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic it had returned If it helps the other Windows update error messages have mainly been c - but included FFFF E and as well as initially giving reports to failed driver updates for Intel Management Engine Interface and Realtek PCIe Family Controller I have since been through and checked all drivers for updates as a precaution and this error message hasn't recurred since I would like to firstly resolve the freezing issue and the Windows Update error if it is not linked The Windows upgrade is not a priority I have attached the CheckSUR and CBS logs they are split due to its large size apologies Thanks in advance for your assistance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Multiple freezes requiring hard shutdown; only detected error 80070490

After reading the BSOD thread instructions I thought attaching this might be useful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/381980-multiple-freezes-requiring-hard-shutdown-only-detected-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I've been having a pretty weird problem that started about a month or two ago and happens anywhere from once a week to once every other day No software was installed around when this started happening and no hardware changes were made in the preceding months either I've had this machine for about years Every program will become slow and or unresponsive and Win shutdown, becomes requiring hard changes unresponsive recent no if I can manage to close any of them Win becomes unresponsive requiring hard shutdown, no recent changes the item text will vanish from the taskbar but the quot icon quot will still remain Here's a picture to illustrate https i imgur com GoY UBN jpg No matter how long I wait it will not go away and no programs remaining open will start to respond Additionally I cannot start any application Win becomes unresponsive requiring hard shutdown, no recent changes - an application I try to start will appear in Task Manager I always have it running so I didn't have a need to open that thankfully but only using a very small amount of RAM No matter how long I wait it will never use more than like kbish of RAM I can close some applications using the task manager But sometimes if I try to end a process it will ask me quot Are you sure quot and then will proceed to not close it or close it so it quot vanishes quot from the taskbar like in the picture Win becomes unresponsive requiring hard shutdown, no recent changes and the task manager and the taskbar freeze Sometimes they freeze independent of me doing that Trying to restart via the start menu does not work No matter how long I wait no applications will close and nothing will change Things I have tried without success -sfc scannow -Malwarebytes -avast antivirus -Hard drive change I recently cloned and replaced my C drive with another drive but this problem predated that change by about weeks and has persisted with the drive change There are also no consistent triggers I have left the computer on for a few days when I go out of town and find my messenger windows seem to be up and running but actually turned unresponsive and stopped receiving messages after I was out of town for a day or two with no indication anything was wrong Messages I typed and sent after this quot silence quot were never received by the other party and checking the message history via an external interface after a reboot confirms there was more I did not receive and the messages I tried sending went into the ether Additionally Steam was unable to connect to the Internet so it seems whatever problem this is also impacts Internet access The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be related to this is I don't want Windows and have chosen to hide some updates related to that but might have missed some I've never accepted any of the install prompts and have them hidden I've built my past two computers and consider myself pretty savvy but I've never seen anything like this and have no clue how I would even search for it to see if others have had it I should also note there were a few times when after logging into Windows the network connection refused to work A reboot or two later it would work with no problem This has not happened for a while and could have been me being impatient but thought it worth mentioning Waiting on programs to respond or the machine to restart via the start menu has meant me waiting hours though so that unresponsiveness is definitely not my imagination Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place Please let me know any information you'd need Thank you

A:Win becomes unresponsive requiring hard shutdown, no recent changes

Hello oddprob,

A few more things to try:

1. Possibly a corrupt user account. Could create a new account and see if the issue persists.

2. Check Device Manager for Driver issues. Once there, be sue to click on "View" then "Show Hidden Devices."

3. May still be Malware related. You could post in our "System Security Forum" for help. http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/

4. Run CHKDSK.

5. Run Clean Boot

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398797-win-becomes-unresponsive-requiring-hard-shutdown-no-recent-changes.html
Relevancy 77.4%

As the title says, I'm experiencing random crashes in the form of freezing. No BSOD, no power down or reset, just an unrecoverable freeze.
The computer is a relatively new build (3-4 months old), and this has been happening the entire time.
This occurs during gaming, Installation of software, and various other instances.
Memtest showed nothing, so the RAM is probably fine.

Speccy:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/g...BdnzNIRDoSfuKd

Please let me know if you need any other information, thank you

A:Random freezes requiring Hard Reboot

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
reporting back as you go as there may be other steps indicated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/359923-random-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello im quite new to this forum so Computer freezes, reset hard requiring please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up Computer freezes, requiring hard reset nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on Computer freezes, requiring hard reset my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp

A:Computer freezes, requiring hard reset

Ive recently installed Speedfan, and am now noticing my GPU runs at 65C whilst no games are running... any tips on getting this down? (Not a laptop)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-requiring-hard-reset.156649/
Relevancy 76.54%

My computer will freeze at random times when playing games like Halo 2, STALKER, Crysis, Far Cry 2, and Caesar 4. I don't think it is a heat problem since it will happen at random times and my dad's comp, which also has the same specs doesn't freeze. So I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out what is wrong. Specs are right here.

CPU: Core 2 Extreme QX6850
GPU: eVGA Nvidia 8800GT 512 Mb
RAM: 2Gb Corsair 800MHz
HDD: 500Gb SATA

A:Solved: PC freezes in game, requiring hard reset.

...and the make, model, and size of the power supply? (The most neglected, but most probable cause of your problem.)

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-freezes-in-game-requiring-hard-reset.774270/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey guys, I have a PC that was custom built with all new hardware, and I'm getting hard freezes anywhere from once a day to once a month.
It happens while doing anything from watching a movie, to just browsing the web.

I replaced the PSU, flashed the Bios, reinstalled windows, changed the power settings, updated drivers but the problem still occurs.

Windows event viewer doesn't show anything that related to the crash except "previous system shutdown was unexpected".

I ran a stress and cpu test as well memtest all of those came up fine.
Since all the hardware is new not sure what to switch out first, or if I should reinstall windows again or change something in the bios.

I'm using a
Intel i7 3770k,
Intel graphics 4000,
Asus H61M-A Motherboard,
1 Crucial DDR3 Ram 8GB
Samsung Evo 840 SSD as primary drive,
Seagate 1TB HDD
Corsair 550 watt PSU

Any help is appreciated.

A:All new Hardware Custom build Freezes requiring hard reboot

Hello Avaava mate now you say you have swapped out most of the components just exactly have you not swapped out? I am assuming the board is new in which case (no pun) may have an issue.

Now just out of my curiosity could you do this as the PSU bought new might not be right and it would really eliminate for good that source of any problem.

Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-specifications-atx-reference,3061.html (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.
Use PART A: for the PSU (the pic is of my main deskie - Asus Ivy Bridge board so am guessing the section you will see will be Nuvoton) should you want to know the very fine detail of other stuff use PART B:

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/368768-all-new-hardware-custom-build-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Windows 10 crashes frequently and randomly. No BSOD no error msgs. Happens about 30 times a day with no rhyme or reason
Please help
Elizabeth

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625738/windows-10-freezes-frequently-and-randomly-requiring-hard-restart/
Relevancy 75.68%

I seem to have a couple of common ones; one refers to attempting to write to a read-only memory area. Another talks about a clock interrupt. I stumbled on the jcgriff2 website with diagnostic tools and went through those steps and have three zip files with the results. I also updated drivers using Uniblue, and updated the Award BIOS, ran a memory check, and chkdsk.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Since about Windows 95, I haven't really kept up on the technical side so much.

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD and system freezes requiring hard reboot Win7x64

Security software:
Code:
ssscheduler.exe c:\program files (x86)\mcafee security scan\2.0.181\ssscheduler.exe 4064 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 2.0.181.0 249.55 KB (255,536 bytes) 1/15/2010 5:49 AM
sdwinsec.exe c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\sdwinsec.exe 2408 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:54 PM 1.0.0.12 1.10 MB (1,153,368 bytes) 3/13/2012 8:29 PM
teatimer.exe c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\teatimer.exe 3904 4 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 1.6.6.32 2.16 MB (2,260,480 bytes) 3/13/2012 8:29 PM
avastui.exe c:\program files\avast software\avast\avastui.exe 2224 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 7.0.1426.0 4.05 MB (4,241,512 bytes) 3/26/2012 8:23 PM
mcsacore.exe c:\progra~2\mcafee\sitead~1\mcsacore.exe 1832 8 3072 4608 3/26/2012 8:54 PM 3.4.1.118 101.02 KB (103,440 bytes) 2/23/2012 9:52 PM
saui.exe c:\progra~2\mcafee\sitead~1\saui.exe 3800 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:57 PM 3.4.1.195 276.02 KB (282,648 bytes) 2/23/2012 9:52 PM
Remove McAfee items through Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
Possible out of date drivers:
Code:
PAEAFLT fffff880`04c44000 fffff880`04c46500 Wed Sep 26 00:32:51 2007 (46f9fd13) 00009ca8 PAEAFLT.sys
SPC230NC fffff880`05868000 fffff880`058ef000 Thu Jan 03 03:13:47 2008 (477cb55b) 0008cc2c SPC230NC.SYS
PAEAFLT.sys
SPC230NC.SYS

Code:
Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\NCostanza\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2_2\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2_2\032612-21406-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17727.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c07000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e4b650
Debug session time: Mon Mar 26 20:53:07.121 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:32:54.777
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck BE, {fffff8800f2091f0, 137df2121, fffff88007a1f9a0, b}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSnx.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.SYS
Probably caused by : luafv.sys ( luafv!LuafvNormalizeNameComponentEx+145 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (be)
An attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The guilty driver is on the
stack trace (and is typically the current instruction pointer).
When possible, the guilty driver's name (Unicode string) is printed on
the bugcheck screen and saved in KiBugCheckDriver.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8800f2091f0, Virtual address for the attempted write.
Arg2: 0000000137df2121, PTE contents.
Arg3: fffff88007a1f9a0, (reserved)
Arg4: 000000000000000b, (reserved)
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221321-bsod-system-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot-win7x64.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I recently upgraded my own custom built PC by replacing the primary HDD with a GB Samsung SSD a new graphics card and installed OEM Windows Home Premium x From the beginning requiring Home Win Premium hard boot 7 x64 Randomly Freezes I have experienced random freezes that require a hard boot at least once a day There s never a BSOD The freezes occur while I m browsing playing games or doing nothing at all The computer will crash immediately in sleep mode and restart so I have disabled the power settings I don t know if that s a separate problem or not I built this rig in with XPSP that worked more Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot or less fine for years Here's the rig OS Windows Home Premium bit CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz Motherboard Asus P N-E SLI Memory x GB Graphics Card s Gigabyte GTX TI GB Hard Drives Samsung SSD EVO GB My power supply is a WCooler Master RS- -PCAR-E I have updated graphics and WiFi network card device drivers with no resolution My HP all-in-one drivers seemed to be involved Event viewer so Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot I completely uninstalled them No help I ve looked for the dump files and there is nothing in there - ever show hidden files is checked If anything was there I would see it I ve gone to the Startup and Recovery Settings and set the write debugging information to Small memory dump uncheck automatically restart and set the small dump directory to SystemRoot Minidump There s no memory dmp file either The event viewer consistently shows two things Critical The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly AM on Error The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected AM When I look for an event at the time AM on I don t see anything It s the same pattern whenever this happens WTH is going on Help would be much appreciated If I didn t post this in the right place or broke a forum rule- don t crucify me I m a n b Point me to the right place

A:Win 7 Home Premium x64 Randomly Freezes requiring hard boot

Have you Googled deeply into Samsung SSD issues? They have had several problems recently regarding firmware and their Magician software.

I don't own a Samsung, so did not pay a lot of attention to the details. I do know that sleep issues can be related to firmware.

Walk down these search results as a starting point:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ts=&gws_rd=ssl

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372816-win-7-home-premium-x64-randomly-freezes-requiring-hard-boot.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello fellow experts My custom build computer spec in my sig is experiencing random freezes screen and cursor without going to a blue screen--necessitating manual restarts I have identified no patterns that effect this behavior browsing of internet playing graphics intensive game watching a video computer left on idle overnight etc Sometimes I get freezes over a couple of hours Other times I am able to be issue-free for up to days I've tried googling to help diagnose this issue and I've tried Fresh install of windows (no Hard files) Requiring minidump Reboot Random 7 Freezes Windows home premium bit windows updates Making sure all drivers and bios are up-to-date Replaced upgraded graphics card Replaced upgraded SSD Ran sfcnow chkdsk Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files) Windows Fix it graphics test memtest etc Enabled minidump files disabled automatic restarts but curiously no dump files are ever written Downloaded Speccy to monitor core temperatures Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files) Nothing to note all hovering around degrees As a relative computer illiterate I'm having trouble taking additional steps to further this investigation I've attached my latest event viewer log files for your kind review Can anyone help me diagnose this issue Many many thanks

A:Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files)

Quote:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date: 13-09-2013 PM 02:07:46
Event ID: 11
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Edwin-PC
Description:
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

Which antivirus do you use? Please uninstall it, at least as a test. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs, too.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304883-windows-7-random-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot-no-minidump-files.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Brand new custom computer running windows pro with New Custom requiring Computer, Random Hard Freezes, cold reboot. SP I installed the Os and drivers from the Asus motherboard disk on the first day I got it and from the nd day the computer started having random freezes that vary from - times per day The first time was while watching a video after that freezes would occur during virtually anything Sometimes even just from leaving it on without being used New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. These are hard freezes New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. and a hard reboot is the only way to get the computer working again During the freeze the mouse cursor disappears audio stops if on and the keyboard and mouse produce no response whatsoever I can still open the dvd drive but that's it I've dealt with a lot of PC problems over the New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot. years using different computers but none like this When I check the Windows event viewer logs there's nothing I've been able to find about what's causing the freezes Just the error message of quot unexpected shutdown quot from me having to do a reboot I have quot WhoCrased quot installed on my computer and that reports nothing about the freezes either My temperatures seem to be fine I have quot CoreTemp quot installed and quot System Information for Windows quot I ran Memtest with no errors I flashed the Bios and there were less freezes for a few days Then they started reoccurring I ran a stress test with no problems and updated all of the drivers from the manufactures website My computer is Intel i rd Generation k Samsung Evo SSD as primary drive Seagate TB HDD for storage Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB mhz Intel Onboard graphics and Orion watt power supply I can post more specs about my computer In Bios settings it looks like almost everything is set to default and to automatically detect Other troubleshoots I've tried Troubleshoot Went on Intel Asus and Realtek player's site and uninstalled updated all of the drivers Troubleshoot Checked computer for errors with sfc scannow None were found Troubleshoot Turned off all unnecessary services and start programs Troubleshoot Changed my Power setting to quot High Performance quot Troubleshoot Installed Windows Hotfixes for freezes Troubleshoot Installed all Windows updates Troubleshoot Resat The Ram in a different slot Troubleshoot Tested my Drives with Seagate Seatools Troubleshoot Checked and replaced all of the cables connected to the Harddrives and tried different ports I can have the motherboard Cpu or whatever replaced but I'm trying to figure out what's causing the problem first All of the hardware is new As far as the SSD I used it for weeks before getting this computer so I don't think it's that Please help It would be greatly appreciated

A:New Custom Computer, Random Hard Freezes, requiring cold reboot.

Reading all of that the first thing that comes to my mind is your power supply.

Orion 585 Watt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330898-new-custom-computer-random-hard-freezes-requiring-cold-reboot.html
Relevancy 74.82%

New custom computer running working. cold Hard Randomly Computer to boot New requiring Freezes get windows pro New Computer Randomly Hard Freezes requiring cold boot to get working. with SP I installed the Os and drivers from the Asus motherboard disk on the first day I got it and from the nd day the computer started having random freezes that vary from - times per day The first time was while watching a video after that freezes would occur during virtually anything Sometimes even just from leaving it on without being used These are hard freezes and a hard reboot is the only way to get the computer working again During the freeze the mouse cursor disappears audio stops if on and the keyboard and mouse produce no response whatsoever I can still open the dvd drive but that's it I've dealt with a lot of PC problems over the years using different computers but none like this When I check the Windows event viewer logs there's nothing I've been able to find about what's causing the freezes Just the error message of quot unexpected shutdown quot from me having to do a reboot I have quot WhoCrased quot installed on my computer and that reports nothing about the freezes either My temperatures seem to be fine I have quot CoreTemp quot installed and quot System Information for Windows quot I ran Memtest with no errors I flashed the Bios and there were less freezes for a few days Then they started reoccurring I ran a stress test with no problems I updated all of the drivers from the manufactures website My computer is Intel i rd Generation k Samsung Evo SSD as primary Harddrive Seagate TB HDD for storage an Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB mhz Onboard graphics and Orion watt power supply I can post more specs about my computer In Bios settings it looks like almost everything is set to default and to automatically detect Other troubleshoots I've tried Troubleshoot Went on Intel Asus and Realtek player's site and updated all of the drivers Troubleshoot Checked computer for errors with sfc scannow None were found Troubleshoot Turned off all unnecessary services and start programs Troubleshoot Changed my Power setting to quot High Performance quot Troubleshoot Installed Windows Hotfixes for freezes Troubleshoot Installed all Windows updates Troubleshoot Resat The Ram in a different slot Troubleshoot Tested my Drives with Seagate fitness Troubleshoot Checked and replaced all of the cables connected to the Harddrives and tried different ports I can have the motherboard Cpu or whatever replaced but I'm trying to figure out what's causing the problem first All of the hardware is new As far as the SSD I used it for weeks before getting this computer so I don't think it's that

A:New Computer Randomly Hard Freezes requiring cold boot to get working.

Did you substitute another power supply? Did you reseat all connectors?
Another thing -you say that you Flashed the BIOS and that produced a temporary fix. You might want to contact Asus about the issue based on this alone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330901-new-computer-randomly-hard-freezes-requiring-cold-boot-get-working.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a windows vista hp pavvilion a6137c desktop pc and the other day I was just doing what I've done casually for 3 years now is just surfin YouTube and what not. So after finishing up on the computer I decide to shut it down so I go and turn it off but I see the shutdown button has the "shutdown and install updates" alert so I hit it turn off the moniter and walk away. I come back the next morning and now when I Turn on the computer it reads "No bootable drives detected please insert proper media and reboot". I don't know all that much about computers so if anyone cam help me and be really specific on how to fix it it would be so deeply appreciated thank you.

A:After shutdown and install updates no hard drive is detected

just a simple problem that you encounter dude. there are 3 possible way, 1st, check your hard drive if it has loose attached to the connector..then 2nd.change the IDE cable connector to the new one. if you have extra well its good. In last but the least. change your hard drive and try to reboot.ok

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-shutdown-and-install-updates-no-hard-drive-is-detected.973696/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have multiple hard drives on my machine with a power switch between the PSU and drive itself. None of these drives are boot drives except the drive that holds the OS.
Yet, W10 will not see any of these drives just by turning on the power switch.
I have to switch on the HDD, and then go through the whole startup process to get W10 to see it.
External USB drives are seen straight away.
I don't understand why this is as I can see no difference between this system, and switching on external eSATA drives on my old W7 machine which always worked OK ?
Help greatly appreciated !

A:Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ?

I think that straight SATA drives have to be labeled as dynamic/removable for that to work.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/32661-multiple-hard-drives-not-auto-detected.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Well now what do I do Was restarting my laptop when it froze up so I had to push the power button to turn it off and then turn it back on Just as I did though it hung at the logo screen and then it said quot Internal hard disk drive not found To resolve this issue try to reseat the drive No bootable devices--strike the F key to retry boot F to enter Setup menu F to enter PSA quot So then I get into the pre-boot diagnostic screen Guess what it shows me there No seriously WAT If anything I made sure to take extra care not to bump the laptop too much I tried plugging it into my PC tower running Windows and I tried using a hard hard drive detected. ... 8 freezes, Windows then No disk enclosure and Windows 8 freezes, then ... No hard drive detected. they don't work This hard drive Newegg com - WD Blue WD LPVX GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Notebook Hard Drive Bare Drive I was hoping to RMA it but seeing as how it's well over months since I ordered it they can't take it back Might as well go straight to the manufacturer and complain

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38878-windows-8-freezes-then-no-hard-drive-detected.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am not sure if shutdown and then hard PC New restart. Build: freezes, this is the correct place for posting the problem I have I recently built a brand new rig earlier this year in April and I New Build: PC freezes, hard shutdown and then restart. have been having issues with freezes and hard shutdowns every so often until it began to happen frequently the past two months Below is setup MOBO ASUS P H -M LE CSM R CPU Intel Core i New Build: PC freezes, hard shutdown and then restart. - K Processor CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D RAM Corsair XMS GB PC DDR MHz PSU Corsair Professional Series HX Watt Modular GPU EVGA NVIDIA Superclocked GTX OS Windows Professional X amp Linux Mint Dual Boot Case Cooler Master CM Storm front fan rear fan and added mm fans on the top Hard Drives Western Digital SATA GB OS Drive Western Digital SATA GB Western Digital USB External TB Audio Onkyo HT-S -Channel Home Theater When I first built this rig it had an Intel i CPU inside of it my old EVGA GT and a Corsair watt Enthusiast PSU and GB stick of Corsair ram Two days after setting it all up the PC froze did a hard shutdown and then rebooted itself That happened a few more times between April and May The issue with the freezes and hard shutdowns stopped late June and didn't happen again until At that time I proceeded to replace my PSU with the Corsair Professional Series watt PC ran fine for a few days without issue then froze again At that time I decided to buy a new graphics card and replaced my old one with the EVGA GTX I replaced my i with the i K in December Since I have had a total of freezes then hard shutdowns Now the freezes occur at any time during heavy load or just idling I proceeded to use memtest to test my memory yesterday and today I left both sticks in and let it run for hours while I was at work It did a total of passes without any errors or failures I then proceeded to do a full test on my Western Digital GB SATA OS drive It passed both the SMART test and also the in depth test Didn't find any errors I did an hour ago remove everything and reseatted it all I am wondering if my motherboard may have been damaged from the beginning and is causing the intermittent freezes What it will do is freeze stay frozen for a good - minutes and then suddenly do a hard shutdown and reboot I have gotten zero BSOD's Could there be an issue with the motherboard losing connection with the hard drive thus causing the freeze and shutdown I don't believe my PSU CPU or memory is bad at all Should I bite the bullet and just buy a new motherboard and see what happens After all I replaced almost everything save for the motherboard and memory with new parts

A:New Build: PC freezes, hard shutdown and then restart.

Even though you tested it and it passed, I think it`s the hard drive. Do you have another drive you can install to rule it out ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/318939-new-build-pc-freezes-hard-shutdown-then-restart.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey there,

My laptop has become buggy - as the title of this post suggests, it is freezing up altogether at irregular intervals. Ctrl-Alt-Del becomes unavailable and a hard shutdown required to recover. Windows itself is perhaps crashing. Very little is showing in Event logs. (DCOM errors essentially and notes regarding the unexpected shutdowns).

OS; Windows 7 OEM (original OS) 64 bit - OS factory reset on numerous occasions
Age of system: 2012
CPU: i7-3840QM
Video Card: Dual HD7970m
Manufacturer: Dell (Alienware)
Model: M18xR2 (Laptop) - never oc'd
Firewall: Online Armor
AV: Bitdefender

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591789/deep-freezes-ctrl-alt-del-unavailable-hard-shutdown-only/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a rather old maybe or years Toshiba Can't Screen Required Shutdown ALT+CTRL+DEL, Freezes, Hard Portege laptop that runs Vista For the past month or so I've been experiencing random freezes The Screen Freezes, Can't ALT+CTRL+DEL, Hard Shutdown Required screen becomes completely unresponsive and I can't even put the laptop into sleep mode I have to hold the power button down do a hard shutdown and start the laptop up again Sometimes when I do that I get an error message that the operating system couldn't be found The freezing often seems to Screen Freezes, Can't ALT+CTRL+DEL, Hard Shutdown Required happen when I'm loading a Screen Freezes, Can't ALT+CTRL+DEL, Hard Shutdown Required new page in my browser When I pull up task manager I also notice that CPU Usage jumps from the single digits to for seemingly no reason I'm not sure if that's normal or even related to my problem but am mentioning it just in case It usually seems to be Chrome or tskmgr that's causing the strain I've tried to be conscious of how many tabs I open in Chrome but the high CPU usage and the sudden freezing happen even if I only have a couple open I've also tried switching from Chrome to Firefox but that didn't help I've run virus scans Malware Bytes Kaspersky and some others but they all came back clean The freezing happens quite regularly The laptop might be fine all day and then it will freeze several times in a row A heat issue maybe The fan does run often but it always has I think I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on why it's happening and whether it's fixable I know my laptop is quite old so please don't feel you need to spend a bunch of time troubleshooting If there's a relatively simple and easily identifiable solution I'd love to hear about it Otherwise I can accept that I've gotten my use out of the machine and it's time for a replacement I'm attaching - SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip - The Perfmon scan I ran Reliability and Performance Monitor html zip - Admin zip Administrative Events log from Events Viewer - I saw it mentioned in another thread If I need to do any other scans please let me know Thanks in advance to anyone who's able to take a look at this for me nbsp SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip nbsp nbsp MB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Reliability and Performance Monitor zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Admin zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Update I ran HWMonitor and I think the temps seem ok - nothing is higher than mid- s

A:Screen Freezes, Can't ALT+CTRL+DEL, Hard Shutdown Required

This is classic failing hard disk symptoms. Please download and run HDDScan, check the SMART test first, but then run a surface test (read only).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592664/screen-freezes-cant-altctrldel-hard-shutdown-required/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi so I bought this laptop as a windows in december Everything on this laptop worked fine except the nbsp G and H key's because of that I finally replaced it month ago Overheating Detected Bios Shutdown Error After I replaced the keyboard the computer started getting hott in the bottom of it and the cooling Bios Detected Overheating Shutdown Error fan error appeared a week later the laptop kept shutting off even though I heard the fan running Eventually the computer shut off and didnt turn back on Concerned I took it to the shop and they Bios Detected Overheating Shutdown Error told me the motherboard overheated and was destroyed So they replaced it and replaced the cooling fan and told me there was nothing else wrong I picked it up yesterday and the same shutdown error is going on today With a brand new cooling fan motherboard and updated bios how can i stll be gettin this error When i first opened up the computer to replace the keyboard It has an embeded keyboard like an apple there was a lot of take on the metal plate then keyboard holding them to the dash piece but I removed the tape to replace it and did not tape it back maybe this might be the issues Please give me some helpful suggestions

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-Detected-Overheating-Shutdown-Error/td-p/5706127
Relevancy 60.63%

My system freezes several times a day requiring a reboot. My OS is XP SP2, fully AV'd and fire-walled with anti spyware software installed and updated, so the freezes are unlinked to any issue there I think.

Last software I installed was for a new wireless router and adapter which was compatible with my ADSL2+ broadband service (8MB), the previous wasn't.

The freezes can happen when I'm browsing the internet (which is mostly what I use the PC for) or even simply when left unattended.

I want to be able to try to identify what the source is before I attempt a complete software re-install of XP and everything else.

Is there a system log or something that XP keeps on my PC that someone here would be able decipher if I posted?

thanks in advance

Relevancy 60.63%

This is not a blue screen crash. My laptop simply freezes and nothing works requiring a reboot.

One characteristic is that once the computer has been rebooted the problem won't occur again during the same day.

Further, I consistently use Hibernate rather than Shut Down, and this problem may not occur for several days if I hibernate it every night. Eventually it will freeze after being reopened from Hibernate.

However, if I do shut it down at night and boot it in the morning it always seems to freeze within the first 15 minutes of being booted. Again once rebooted it won't happen again until the next day.

I would appreciate any input someone can offer on this since it is annoying and time consuming.

Thanks,

Paul

A:Computer freezes requiring reboot

Sounds like an application on startup that's to blame to me. Have you tried using msconfig to help figure out the culprit (if there is a culprit)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-requiring-reboot-216174.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My Dell computer mainly used for internet the occasional Excel app and maintain a very amateur website CoffeeCup has very slow The slowness and freezing seemed to start when my child began playing more web-based games I ran a HijackThis and got these results I run AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy on the pc but loaded them after the problems began Any guidance especially on programs I can wipe out would be greatly appreciated ------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP PC requiring popups, often Slow, freezes several reboot WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C PC Slow, several popups, freezes often requiring reboot WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files RegCure RegCure exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support PC Slow, several popups, freezes often requiring reboot bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch utils Onetouch exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Shutterfly Studio BIN SFlyStudio exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Maxtor Maxtor Backup MaxBackServiceInt exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files PC Slow, several popups, freezes often requiring reboot PIXELA ImageMixer SE CameraMonitor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Utils SyncServices exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ask com o amp l dis R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-slow-several-popups-freezes-often-requiring-reboot.906371/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all I am very new to the computer world but I found out how to set my computer to require a username and password for every user on my computer from this article Log On with User Name and Password I used option two manually changing the setting in registry editor My problem is that when I change my account name I On One Computer And Username Requiring Users Multiple Password still have to log Multiple Users On One Computer Requiring Username And Password in with the old account name My original account name was Cody but I wanted to change that to cjacks then create a new account without administrator privileges named Cody When I did this I set both accounts to have the same password now I have Multiple Users On One Computer Requiring Username And Password two accounts one named Cody and one named cjacks both with the same password but the only username I could log in with was quot Cody quot and it logged me into the account that I had just re-named cjacks The original administrator account My questions are why would I not be able to log into the newly made quot Cody quot account and why does using the username quot Cody quot log me into the account that is now named quot cjacks quot By the way when I lock my computer it goes to a login screen requiring username and password and I know that this would only allow me to login to the account that I was on when I locked my computer To login to other accounts I would theoretically push switch user and then in the next screen it asks me for a username and password and I could put in any username and password associated with any user account on the computer and it would log me into that account This will not work however Any help insight would be very much appreciated

A:Multiple Users On One Computer Requiring Username And Password

Hello and welcome Cody mate how exactly are you setting up the accounts? If you want just guest accounts then you just need to add accounts via Control Panel > User Accounts > then do as in pic.

One word of advice - if you want to retain control over the machines settings then make yourself the administrator - it saves so many problems later on. After fixing few of friends computers where the kids have had accounts on them it makes for a lot of work to dump them if you have to.

The pic is done up on my 8.1 laptop so may look slightly different on your machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316116-multiple-users-one-computer-requiring-username-password.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently built a new computer for gaming specs posted below but it freezes completely while I play any game Specifically Skyrim or Borderlands requiring a system restart by holding the power button I've tried everything I can think of All my drivers are up play I freezes when New reboot requiring game, any computer to date I've tweaked graphics settings both basic and advanced such as setting the affinity of the games to just cores as I have seen suggested online as well as adjusting the D New computer freezes when I play any game, requiring reboot settings in the NVIDIA control panel I've run memtest and the memtest that is on the Windows disc Reformatted and reinstalled fresh Win System temps are well within limits There are other things I've tried that I can't think of at the moment but I've spent a week troubleshooting this problem with zero luck Both memtests came back clean by the way errors I have also run a chkdsk r will post the log if it will help any If anyone can help me solve this I would be so grateful System Specs Operating System Windows Home Premium bit Service Pack Motherboard Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD Revision with BIOS version F CPU AMD FX- GHz Eight Cores Ram Corsair DDR MHz x Gb GPU ASUS GeForce GTX HDD Hitachi GB in partitions Windows on C HDD Seagate TB PSU SilverStone W

A:New computer freezes when I play any game, requiring reboot

Are you using the original fan that came with that chip. If so use HW Monitor to check the CPU temperature I think you will find its not cooling the chip enough.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/new-computer-freezes-when-i-play-any-game-requiring-reboot-679143.html
Relevancy 59.34%

PC randomly freezes 4-5 times per week, requiring power-off reboot.  Happens in Windows 8 and two different versions of Linux.  Tried booting from Linux live DVD OS with same results.  Ran all diagnostic tests several time with no problems found, except it locked up during one series of testing.  Problem seems worse when accessing the internet.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/PC-randomly-freezes-4-5-times-per-week-requiring-power-off/td-p/5620725
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I have laptop reboots requiring freezing N71JQ up multiple Asus an Asus laptop that has recently been migrated from Windows to Windows I had few issues with Windows after I got used to how it functions Now it usually takes - boot tries to make it through all the freezing issues before I get a successful boot It rarely stops at the same place Asus N71JQ laptop freezing up requiring multiple reboots in the boot cycle I have tried to use the Windows troubleshooter selecting the restart issues but it did not find any issues needing to be resolved I have updated the drivers using driverscan and it did update drivers but did not effect any changes to the freezing lockups I have configured the PC to create a complete dump upon lockups but have not restarted the PC after the change since it takes so many tries to get to a workable configuration I am attaching the SFdebug file as an attachment to this post Any help solving this issue is greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Asus N71JQ laptop freezing up requiring multiple reboots

Your BIOS dates from 2009. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard.

Also, please understand that a BIOS this old probably isn't very compatible with Win8 or 8.1. There are things we can do to make it more reliable - but there may come a point where you just have to accept that it's not going to work right. It may be advisable to downgrade to Win7 or earlier in order to completely eliminate the problems.

I scanned through the reports and haven't found anything significant.
Let's try this report:
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42338-asus-n71jq-laptop-freezing-up-requiring-multiple-reboots.html
Relevancy 59.34%

When i try to restart my computer..it freezes up on "windows is shutting down" and so i have to manually turn it off and back on...

and when i shut down my computer and error comes up that says "SMC.exe error, the intrusion failed blah blah blah "
if you need the real message just let me know!

k any help at all is greatly appreciated!

I LOVE YOU

A:freezes up on restart and error on shutdown

That is a sygate firewall error message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezes-up-on-restart-and-error-on-shutdown.382782/
Relevancy 58.48%

shown atop powershell Microsoft Windows Version free gigs of gig capacity A month before a staggering degradation of performance we installed steam to play purchased games as opposed to random free games Using only the interweb browser chromium on non demanding sites like gmail twitter or facebook the computer lags often becoming entirely unresponsive ever increasing reboot performance, and freezes requiring windows poor 10, requiring forced shutdown Steam was installed about three months ago We had already installed- and licensed Webroot Secure Anywhere It believes there are no issues Two weeks ago we installed spybot anti-beacon to disable seemingly needless windows features We have verified power profile is set to high performance All interweb browsers use uBlock Origin adblock Firefox also uses Privoxy loopback filter Rarely are new programs installed We don't install steam games using windows 10, ever increasing poor performance, and freezes requiring reboot rd party drm netflix in browser youtube or twitch videos seem to windows 10, ever increasing poor performance, and freezes requiring reboot be where system freezing happens more often but it could be a coincidence afaik the nvidia drivers are up to date Kodi a media player used to occasionally glitch into a d mode windows 10, ever increasing poor performance, and freezes requiring reboot until we disabled all d settings in nvidia if it matters we are using an hdmi tv instead of a monitor We are so mystified by this

A:windows 10, ever increasing poor performance, and freezes requiring reboot

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615588/windows-10-ever-increasing-poor-performance-and-freezes-requiring-reboot/
Relevancy 58.48%

X Laptop GB RAM Intel Graphics series SS GB SSD Problem occurs with laptop in the Ultra Base Series dock or - Windows Explorer requiring X230 relaunch Freezes Lenovo out of it - VGA or DisplayPort Laptop came with Windows was upgraded to Windows and then Windows and then the update Problem started when Windows was initially installed When connected to an external Monitor HP ZR W or a Dell Mb with either display port or VGA VGA on Dell only Windows Explorer will stop working open programs will show not responding Mouse still functional and if cursor is placed in the quot taskbar quot area you will get a blue spinning circle A double click of the mouse in that area will generally cause a relaunch of Windows Explorer screen area goes blue then repopulates with the icons and things will work fine for a number of program launchs or switching between programs then the problem will occur again This will happen up to times per day Laptop has the Windows Explorer Freezes requiring relaunch - Lenovo X230 latest BIOS installed from Lenovo Intel Graphics Driver Have tried three different keyboard and mouse options Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse and a hard wired keyboard and mouse and problem follows each Friday I reloaded Windows with the most recent updates and problem continues Additional information - Watt Lenovo Power Supply Laptop when not connected to external monitor using just laptop screen does not exhibit same problem I feel that it might be a graphics adapter Intel problem Only solution there is Windows Explorer Freezes requiring relaunch - Lenovo X230 a motherboard replacement In multiple searches on the quot net quot I could not find anything that resembled this problem Getting very frustrating TIA Michael

A:Windows Explorer Freezes requiring relaunch - Lenovo X230

Windows 8 does not play nice with older hardware, especially older Intel hardware. You did not post if you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 8.1. Intel does have updated drivers for that GPU. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...01&FamilyId=39

Try the latest drivers and see if that works. As for changing the motherboard. You would not be able to do so with a Laptop. Since they are specific to the case.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47764-windows-explorer-freezes-requiring-relaunch-lenovo-x230.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there,

I have recently started to receive errors when I try to shutdown or restart my computer.

--It will reach the 'Shutting Down' screen with the rotating timer animation.

--Said animation will then proceed to freeze after about 15-20 seconds. My computer used to shut down in about 5-10 seconds before this error.

--After a long time, the computer will then hard rash into the blue error screen that says 'DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE'.

Nothing has really changed to encourage this so I am at a loss for answers. If you can provide any assistance then please do so, I will be very greatly.

A:Computer Freezes on Shutdown, error 'Driver_Power_State_Failure'

System Recovery Options

system restore time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/306143-computer-freezes-shutdown-error-driver_power_state_failure.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello and thank you ahead of time for your help As always feeling very fortunate to have a forum like this to post in of Sketchy error, Windows lots recent freezes and shutdown A couple of days ago while using my Lenovo laptop I received an error that seemed a little dubious I'm pretty sure the words were Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now -- though I could have one or two words wrong there It was a pop-up in the middle of the screen For some reason the specificity of the time period for shutdown and the look of the window made me wonder if it was real or some sort of impostor infection I had nothing open that was in danger of being lost at the moment so I just watched and sure enough the computer shut down and restarted after about a minute Since then this hasn't happened again However this episode follows about Sketchy Windows shutdown error, and lots of recent freezes a week of sudden sporadic slowness while browsing with Chrome Often I would be waiting for half a minute to see a mouse click or scroll actually take place on my screen Often the browser window would stop responding and freeze Another version of Sketchy Windows shutdown error, and lots of recent freezes this has been that while scrolling up down on a web page the scroll icon freezes the page freezes and I lose the browser i e must force-shut it and re-open to get it working again Often even if I go to the Task Manager and shut the browser in this situation it's futile since re-opening it is enormously slow The Task Manager itself will seem slow too when this is happening At such times I often see warnings in the corner of my screen from Norton these types of warnings are typical saying Google Chrome is using a high amount of processing memory even if I'm hardly doing anything on the web I'm a bit suspicious that I have some sort of infection I'd appreciate any advice on how to proceed MY SYSTEM Lenovo laptop with Windows Pro SP bit OS GB RAM Intel core i - GHz WHAT I'VE DONE SO FAR Sketchy Windows shutdown error, and lots of recent freezes I ran a full system scan of Norton Internet Security my installed and up-to-date virus protection software No infections found I downloaded MalwareBytes free version and did a Threat Scan No infections found I also uninstalled Adobe Reader X and reinstalled the latest Reader I also made sure Chrome was up to date Thanks again for any help

A:Sketchy Windows shutdown error, and lots of recent freezes

Sorry for the unintentional topic "bump", but I just experienced the slowdown/freeze issue again, and I noticed that the warning message in the bottom right from Norton was that "Host Process for Windows Services" was using a high amount of memory.  In my post above I mentioned that it was about Google Chrome, but now that I saw this, I'm remembering this may be the warning I've seen more often when this problem happens.

As usual, my browser and my entire system slowed to a near-standstill and I had to reboot the system to use anything.  Before that, I wasn't doing anything special, just checking Yahoo Mail and Facebook.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581558/sketchy-windows-shutdown-error-and-lots-of-recent-freezes/
Relevancy 56.76%

This has been occurring for months now hard crashing, PC reset. requiring It is EXTREMELY PC crashing, requiring hard reset. annoying especially if I am in the middle of something very important The mouse cursor will lock everything will freeze and this will usually be followed by any sound repeating buzzing freezing From here it is a complete freeze The only way to get out of this is to restart my computer Now another surprising thing is that usually I need to push my reset button in PC crashing, requiring hard reset. all the way for my PC to reset I suppose this is so you don't bump the button When the crash occurs I only have to slightly touch the reset button for my PC to completely shut down Strange Upon first glance I suspected this to be my power supply however now I am not sure it could really be any other component I am fairly confident that this is hardware related but not sure what is causing these crashes Nothing seems to quot trigger quot the crashes It can happen whilst watching videos playing games browsing the web or simply idling Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:PC crashing, requiring hard reset.

Please provide full specs of your PC including PSU make/model/wattage so we know what we're looking at. Could quite possibly be a PSU problem, but we need all your other hardware info too (CPU, Motherboard, RAM etc).

Is the PC pre-built or custom built?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-crashing-requiring-hard-reset-614768.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hello i m running windows XP home edition and i have had a lot of problems recently with malware and trojans the most recent incident involved one shut freeze down hard requiring computer of those fake virus removal pop ups that pretty much debilitated my computer on startup i couldn t run malwarebytes or computer freeze requiring hard shut down avira antivir however i was able to figure out which process to end so that i could run both programs i finally got them to run all the way through and after several times they came up clean however my computer continues to freeze for no obvious reason there doesn t seem to be any one action that sets it off sometimes it s when i m watching video sometimes when i m just surfing the net or on photoshop if there s audio going on at the time of the freeze it starts skipping my only option at that point is a hard shut down and sometimes it seems to quot hiccup quot too - something i m typing may pause for a moment and i ll think everything s about to freeze up either way my computer doesn t last for more than minutes at a time without freezing sometimes no more than minutes i have run combofix to try to solve the problem my ISP reccomended it as a last resort for the previous trojan problem i had but it s not working either any suggestions would be appreciated thank you in advance

A:computer freeze requiring hard shut down

Oh, one other thing (I'm not trying to bump the topic):

I just had to shut down again and when I booted back up I noticed an error message pop up titled "Anti-Spyware" that says "An Unexpected Problem was encountered Error# 0x80004003"

Thanks again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299864/computer-freeze-requiring-hard-shut-down/
Relevancy 55.9%

hi guys
cannot update windows keep getting windows update encountered unknown error 80070490
have tried restore point and reinstalling vista but no joy
windows vista basic is instaled on pc
regards
charliemartinkdy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-80070490.782449/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all

Undecided about upgrading to Win7, in the mean time I thought I would try and get Vista working a bit better.

To start with I have been trying to install an update for days without luck, I get the error code 80070490, the update says it is Hewlett Packard Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Other Hardware -Null Printer - HP Envy 5530 Series.

I have only had the 5530 a few weeks but it is working fine so have no idea what this update is for or why it will not install.

Any help is always appreciated.

BD

A:Error 80070490 help please

Actually, I had the same error with the recent MS updates. There is a good chance that the readiness tool will help, it solved my problem
Windows Update error 80070490 - Windows Help
Before you start any fixes like this always be sure to make a system restore point. I have found it something can go wrong it always does. The Restore will let you go back to before the problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303671-error-80070490-help-please.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello everyone,
My first post after having struggled for 2 years with this problem and spent days on MSFT website and other forums. I found today that someone - Flavius - could fix the issue with this thread Update error 80070490
I have the exact same problem in my registry end of page 2

(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Microsoft-Windows-HomePremiumEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6000.16386 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Microsoft-Windows-HomePremiumEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6000.16386 failed to get Visibility
(f)

But I can't see the solution in the thread other than getting back in touch with Flavius.
Could anyone help ? Thanks in advance.
Jerome

A:error 80070490

Hello, did you see this article ? error code 80070490

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/293660-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

got this error which works with windows update Error - lUpdates failed Microsoft support ran virus and hotfixes but that stopped my computer from starting back up I used a repair boot disk and was able to start -80070490 Error up again Their support called the next day and ran vipre root kits which did not find any root kit but did find files that it didn t like Error -80070490 and now it won t start even with my boot disc I don t have a win disc but do have a total system back-up original factory The problem is that if I can t get back on to save and backup some programs will be lost if I use the factory disc any suggestions to get the system booted anything I can use to stop the error and avoid wiping everything and starting over Emachine Win x if i get any responses I won t be back on a computer until Sunday thanks Roy

A:Error -80070490

Use the repair/boot disk to enter the repair console, use the 'System restore' option to return your PC to a time before it was unable to boot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341618/error-80070490/
Relevancy 55.9%

to all the hi tech guys around microsoft...
can anybody get me out of this horrendous Error 80070490 situation please. After trying various malware removal tools, system restore, etc. etc. I'm still there. I read one guy was asked to do a reinstall. He did it. It didn't work. One guy succeeded after an upgrade. Now what is an upgrade? I already have the latest? will upgrading to Windows 7 Beta help??

thanks for caring:
Sra

A:Error 80070490

It's not malware. Running those tools won't help. Upgrading to Windows 7 won't help. You really don't want to install BETA versions of anything unless you're prepared to re-install the OSYou mentioned "upgrade", I'm assuming you read this second link. Did you read the first, in it's entirety?Pay attention to both contacting Microsoft and when they start to talk about "permissions"http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...f9a0012&p=1http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...196b787&p=1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197635/error-80070490/
Relevancy 55.9%

Good evening,

I post a thread on this forum because I need help. I have built a new computer last week, and I have many problems since.

I had a few BSOD and a lots of freezes. Also after few hours of use, my computer freezes and I need to shut it down manually/by force with the button.

I don't understand why this is happening and I don't know how to solve these problems, so I please request your help.

I attached the zip file generated by SF tools.

My Spec :

Quote:
Computer type
PC/Desktop
Computer Manufacturer/Model Number
Custom Build
OS
Windows 7 pro 64b.
CPU
Intel i7 4790 (haswell refresh)
Motherboard
MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Memory
8 Go DDR3 G.Skill
Graphics Card
MSI GTX 780 3Go OC
Hard Drives
SSD SanDisk 256 Go
HDD Samsung 1To (x2)

Regards,

Ammonium

A:BSOD without reasons, error 0x00000124 and multiple freezes

Normally a 0x124 is a hardware related STOP, and it may well be in this case but it will need a far, far better analyst than myself to debug it. One thing I did pick up on in your logs though is that your Intel Processor driver flagged up as a problem.

Code:
fffff880`0337cb58 fffff800`033fea3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07586028 00000000`ba000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0337cb60 fffff800`02f93463 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0758fa00 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0758fa50 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`0337cba0 fffff800`033fe700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0758fa00 fffff880`0337cf30 fffff880`0337cf00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`0337cc00 fffff800`033fe052 : fffffa80`0758fa00 fffff880`0337cf30 fffffa80`0758fa00 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`0337cd50 fffff800`033fdf0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0337cfb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`0337cd90 fffff800`033f1e88 : 00000000`00000001 fffff880`03374180 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`0337cdc0 fffff800`02e7b4ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`0337cdf0 fffff800`02e7b313 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`0337cf30 fffff880`0ffe8c61 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153 (TrapFrame @ fffff880`0337cf30)
fffff880`0339cb58 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : intelppm!MWaitIdle+0x19
Looking at the timestamp it's very old and could do with updating.

Code:
7: kd> lmvm intelppm
start end module name
fffff880`0ffe6000 fffff880`0fffc000 intelppm (pdb symbols) c:\symbols\intelppm.pdb\08BB31C0378D48EC8CB513240E096A171\intelppm.pdb
Loaded symbol image file: intelppm.sys
Mapped memory image file: c:\symbols\intelppm.sys\4A5BC0FD16000\intelppm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys
Image name: intelppm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jul 14 00:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
CheckSum: 0000F4EC
ImageSize: 00016000
Go here to find an updated driver.

I'll ask one of our analysts to take a look at your logs to see if there are any hardware faults that stand out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334865-bsod-without-reasons-error-0x00000124-multiple-freezes.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hey all,

i recently started seeing the attached error message- i'm guessing that this is a hardware failure and not a Windows/software issue that can be corrected somehow?

just want to confirm before i start the process of replacing the hard drive.

i'm using Windows 8 Professional 64 bit.

thanks!

A:Hard drive error detected

Welcome to EightForums.

I would backup & replace the HDD.

But you can check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/27612-hard-drive-error-detected.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My coputer froze yesterday, and now whenever I try to turn on my computer it says my hard drive isn't detected.We installed the hard drive in another computer, and it worked. What could be the problem? I  have a Hp media center PC M7248N

A:Hard drive not detected error

Exenji, first reset the  COMOS. Check your motherboard specs for how to do this or remove the  small round silver battery from the motherboard; wait 30 seconds and reinstall it. (It ids a good idea to replace with a new battery.) This will reset the COMOS. Then reboot to see if HDD is detected. If not, go into the BIOS setup (repeatedly hit F10 at HP logo screen) and check to see if your hard drive is listed. You may have to set it to on. If it is listed in BIOS, but not detected another drive (a bad one) could prevent it from being detected. If you have any removable or external drives attached to your computer, disconnect them. Reboot your computer to see if your HDD is detected. If not, open your case and disconnect the data cable from all drives except your primary hard drive. This includes the floppy, optical, zip, backup, or secondary hard drive(s). If your HDD is  detected, reconnect each drives data cable one at a time rebooting between each. If after reconnecting a drive and rebooting, your HDD is not detected the last drive is a bad drive and preventing your HDD detection. I have found that sometimes a bad drive that is connected will let the HDD be detected then on later boots the HDD will not be detected. Also it is possible that your BIOS is corrupted. Let's hope not. Another possibility is a bad motherboard. I hope this helps you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-drive-not-detected-error/td-p/99159
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I am attempting to install a Windows Update for Service Pack and cannot do so I'm running Windows Ultimate x bit and need the Service Pack to run a couple programs I cannot run without it - namely Dolphinx netplay That being beside the Error installing Windows while 80070490 error Update, point I have attempted to run the ISO file downloaded from the Microsoft website and have attempted using the online Windows Update in my system I also tried manually upgrading my Windows using a x Windows ISO install file and selecting quot upgrade quot but it didn't let me because I quot can't upgrade a -bit system to a -bit system quot and quot can't upgrade a -bit system to a -bit system quot I got both of these errors at the same time - so that's a dunce I also used the System Update Readiness Tool found at Fix Windows corruption Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490 errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool and it didn't work either As stated in the title the error code is Attached is the CBS zip file asked for in the instructions for posting I couldn't copy the CBS log file -- and all the times I attempted to take ownership didn't work If required I will try again to get it For the time being I used an elevated command prompt to open the CBS log via notepad with a notepad command and copied all contents into a Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490 notepad and included that with my rar I also ran sfc scannow before uploading this all so that has been done as well Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance I'm Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490 going to be checking on this thread a lot throughout the night until about - A M PST hours or so So feel free to respond and check back often I'll be responding a lot

A:Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490

SFC managed to do some significant repairs ...

Code:
Line 20851: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000470 [SR] Repairing 12 (0x000000000000000c) components
Line 20852: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000471 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 20855: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000473 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Networking-Internet_Authentication_Service_Iassdo.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 20858: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000475 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"user32.dll" from store
Line 20859: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000476 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:18{9}]"slmgr.vbs" from store
Line 20860: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000477 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:18{9}]"slmgr.vbs" from store
Line 20863: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000479 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"uxtheme.dll" from store
Line 20866: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 0000047b [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:20{10}]"user32.dll" from store
Line 20869: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 0000047d [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:34{17}]"ExplorerFrame.dll" from store
Line 20872: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 0000047f [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:18{9}]"slwga.dll" from store
Line 20875: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000481 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"themeui.dll" from store
Line 20878: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000483 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:18{9}]"slwga.dll" from store
Line 20881: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000485 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:26{13}]"systemcpl.dll" from store
Line 20884: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000487 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:32{16}]"themeservice.dll" from store
Line 20887: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000489 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Networking-Internet_Authentication_Service_Iassdo.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 20888: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 0000048a [SR] This component was referenced by [l:266{133}]"Microsoft-Windows-WindowsFoundation-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.1.7600.16385.Windows Foundation Language Pack"
Line 20893: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 0000048d [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:60{30},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US"\[l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui"; source file in store is also corru... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351867-error-while-installing-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I've been having this problem for quite some time now I would say a year or more where my computer completely freezes up without any prompting It's quite frustrating to diagnose since it happens on such a random basis -there seems to be no trend as to what kind of programs I have running what kind of things I am using it for etc Sometimes it happens when I'm just browsing the net other times it happens when I just have some files up ie not memory intensive tasks -today it even happened when I put a USB stick in I am at a complete loss as to what might be the cause I have already deleted some old programs that I'm not using but that hasn't seemed to have done anything I've done a disk cleanup and run a scan for viruses The freeze can only be resolved with a hard restart which I know is not good for the computer I've already had to do this some or so times already I've attached the event viewer taken computer reset requiring Random freeze hard about - minutes after the last freeze I had the one when it froze after I put my USB stick in Any help or advice at all would be much appreciated

A:Random computer freeze requiring hard reset

tactilation,

please refer to here:
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289748-random-computer-freeze-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I was hoping maybe somebody could help me with this laptop. The issue I'm having is most of the time when I walk away from it and leave it on, upon returning the screen is just black, the computer is running but there is no response on the keyboard or mouse, which requires a hard shutdown and a restart. It then says it was not shut down properly, I start it up, and it runs fine until the next time I walk away and it does this freeze thing. I also want to note that it does not always do this, sometimes it sleeps like it should, but the problem is increasing in frequency.

A:Laptop screen goes black, requiring hard reset

No I have had this before its the drivers, the video card is going out, anything? Nobody on this forum has seen a laptop that would keep running but freeze on a black screen after going idle?

Take a guess!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262272-laptop-screen-goes-black-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my custom built PC. Since doing so I have random freezes that allow me to do nothing other than hard reset the computer. There is no particular time that it does it, and it has mostly been noticed while either on the desktop or using Firefox.

Attached you will find the files from the Seven Forums Diagnostics Tool.

A:Random Computer Freeze Requiring Hard Reset

Welcome to the forums Watson1,

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80045668f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Code:
Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption

Code:
2: kd> !errrec fffffa80045668f8
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa80045668f8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce6f6c49e47881
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 6/22/2013 17:17:00 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa8004566978
Section @ fffffa8004566a50
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : BUS error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 3
CPU Version : 0x0000000000100f53
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa80045669c0
Section @ fffffa8004566b10
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : 53 0f 10 00 00 08 04 00 - 09 20 80 00 ff fb 8b 17
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8004566b10

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8004566a08
Section @ fffffa8004566b90
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)
The first parameter or argument has the value of 0x0, which is a Machine Check Exception, which means the CPU has detected a hardware problem and the address points to a processor error because the CPU has found one, so it could be a different form of hardware which is causing the issue.

We can see that the CPU detected a Timeout Error, but wasn't able to identify what caused the error.

In such a situation, it is best to use these steps:Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95
Enable "Round off checking" before the test (see first post below tutorial).
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
All the hardware seeming to be running stable and tests reporting no errors, could mean a bad motherboard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Notes:

Although these steps are not strictly related to the issue, these steps will help to avoid any BSODs in the future.

You seem to have only 88 Windows Updates installed, I currently have 206 Windows Updates installed, please check for any Windows Updates and install all the listed Important, Recommended and Optional updates (ignore anything associated with Bing).Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\AVG
AVG is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7, please remove the program completely with the AVG Removal Tool, and then install these free and proven alternatives which work best with Windows 7, due to their lightweight nature on system resources and compatibility.

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essent... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294869-random-computer-freeze-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.47%

For the past couple of months my PC has had quite a few hangs which require hard reboots to get it working again.  Generally, but not always, this seems to happen when I am downloading a large file -- both through my browser and more frequently when using a download manager such as Jdownloader.

I have attached the sysnativefilecollection info.  Unfortunately Perfmon would not respond. The application just hung and was listed as not responding.

Info about my PC is below:

-- Windows 7 -- originally pre-installed
-- X64 operating system
-- Age of system: 7/2012
-- Age of OS: 2012
-- CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
-- Videocard: Nvidia GeForce GT 640
-- Motherboard: Dell OYJPT1
-- Power supply -- not sure how to determine this
-- System Manufacturer: Dell
-- Model Number: XPS 8500
-- Type: Desktop

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 - Frequent hangs requiring hard reboot

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582219/windows-7-frequent-hangs-requiring-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Hope someone may be able to help me Have two Maxtor DiamondMax Gb IDE ATA MB cache hard drives XP home on Primary with a number of partitions boot op system and data all seperated secondary hard drive had partitions for copy data page file and sysimages Both hard drives bought at same time installed August purchased June Basically a hard shutdown appears to have screwed my secondary drive Here s description of what I ve done and where I am Also have have a second back up of data on external hard drive Running the virus scanner integrated with Comodo for first time tonight Came back to machine after only a few minutes to find it scanning the second partition on my secondary hard drive Machine unresponsive Shutdown Error Bad Drive Hard HD activity light permanently lit machine effectivley crashed Couldn t stop Comodo Virus scanner Had a job shutting any apps down and eventually had to do a hard reboot Hard Drive Bad Shutdown Error On restarting chkdsk ran and reported or so segements as unreadable on the partition of the hard drive that Comodo was scanning chkdsk then ground to a halt with hd activity light permanently lit After a few restarts and trying to boot into last known good config safe mode etc chkdisk then started to run through the same partition reporting everything as unreadable I stopped this by doing another hard reboot it looked like it might take a long time and decided to reformat the offending partition with PM On restart chkdsk ran again and has stuck Hard Drive Bad Shutdown Error after completing verification of files Hard Drive Bad Shutdown Error index and security descriptor So effectively locked out of my machine Disconnected the Secondary drive and that has allowed me to boot into windows on Primary drive and everything running normally Created pagefile back onto data partition for time being Done a current backup of data from Primary to external HD Checked secondary drive again with PM and offending partition reported an error quot Bad Shutdown Command quot I think it said Anyways deleting all partitions on the drive and reformatting the entire disk has eliminated the shutdown error but reconnecting the disk still giving a hang in chkdisk after completing verification of files index and security descriptor Not sure where to go now Is it worth trying writing zeros to whole disk Do you think the drive has gone to the great scrapheap in the sky nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-bad-shutdown-error.741768/
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Error 80070490 Code Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Alienware M xR Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Ok to start I am obviously having the same windows update issue as most everyone else Error Code 80070490 can t fix it and Microsoft hasn t come up with a fix yet either so Error Code 80070490 I tried a full system reset to factory using the advanced menu as using the normal one wouldn t give me a code I have been having this issue for a few weeks now and it seems the longer it goes on the slower my system is going Also Windows Security Center Service shuts itself off randomly sorry for so many issues at once but this is getting ridiculous Thank you in advance for any and all help you guys can give nbsp

A:Error Code 80070490

Have you looked at this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-80070490.1105422/
Relevancy 55.47%

For Service Pack 1.

I've checked around and found a few answers on here but they are all a little different and there doesn't seem to be a generic fix for this.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:Update error 80070490

Welcome
This should do the trick
Windows Update error 80070490

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/293479-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Guys,

I?m receiving this annoying error every time I try to perform updates in my installation.

I have a Sony Vaio with Vista Ultimate 64 pt-br SP2 pre-installed, and have NO VISTA INSTALLATION DISK ( ), only a recovery partition.

I?ve reading all foruns, tips, news and tricks to fix this problem and until now none worked.

I even tried to do an upgrade with another windows vista ultimate 64 (original) I have, but the "upgrade" option is greyed because the vista package I am trying to install has a different language than the one installed in my system. Applied en-us language pack and same greyed upgrade option.

I am almost buying a Win7 box, but I?d like to try more before that.

Can some expert here help me ?

A:The old damn 80070490 error

Hello Evandro, and welcome to Vista Forums.

If you have not already, then you might see if this may help. I would recommend to backup anything that you do not want to lose first to be safe though.

How to overcome error 0x80070490 when installing updates in Windows Vista/Server 2008 - Andreas Klein - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/295681-old-damn-80070490-error.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone my first post

I getting the error 80070490 and I tried system restore but one luck.

I found this Windows Update error 80070490 on the MS site and have tried the System Update Readiness Tool but again no luck

My next step would be the upgrade on the link using a system DVD and there lies my problem, I don't have one!

I have a Acer Aspire 6930Z laptop and as with most laptop these days you don't get a Windows disc.

I can make a Acer recovery disc but I'm pretty sure that will only do a full reinstall !

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:Update error 80070490

Hi,
the easy way here is you are trying to install
Windows vista service Pack 1 Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330)

windows vista service pack 2 Download details: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - Five Language Standalone (KB948465)

Standalone versions.. All you need to do is download them first then install them depending on what you need..

cheers
Ash

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/284864-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

my hp pavillion was acting up and the windows bit was 80070490 error code replaced by windows home premium my problem is of usb ports are not working hp scans that all hardware is there And windows scans that SM Bus Controller-No drive found And PCI Device no driver found So after attempt installing I continue getting unsucessfull driver software installation After doing windows update i was given the error code Im not computer savvy at all but i can tell you that this was a refurbished device from what can i do Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium error code 80070490 Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free error code 80070490 - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I realise this is not a new problem, but, as I don't have a solution, maybe someone can help?

The last successful Windows update I've been able to download was on 23 Dec 2008. Since then everytime I try to download updates, either automatically or manually, I get Error Code 80070490 and a message that Windows can't download updates. I've read various threads and tried various fixes, but I think the only one that will work would be to reinstall Vista. Unfortunately, Vista Home Premium 32 bit came pre-installed on my laptop, so I don't have a Vista disk to use to do the reinstall.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem?

A:Error Code 80070490

A: Your time and date settings are incorrect
B: there is a problem with either your network card, network cable, wireles connection or modem.

Check those out, very likely the issue lies there. I think it might just be time & date. Make sure you selected the right country etc as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/210248-error-code-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi
I have been having a very annoying problem with windows update as a result of whih av not been able to update since December.I keep getting message error 80070490.My computer is running a vista OS. Can you please give me a very simple step by step solution to the problem since I fear my comp is at risk:

A:update error 80070490

yes checck you daye and time to make sure it is correct

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/update-error-80070490-a-222095.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Attached DXDIAG report, but havent had updates since October ??, and get the following error 80070490

A:No Updates get error 80070490

Sometimes turn off your AV software firewall, and turn on Windows Firewall then update. then go back and put on AV firewall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-updates-get-error-80070490-a-199710.html
Relevancy 55.47%

There is an old thread here that pretty much sums up my exact problems All the issues that user had are the same ones I am experiencing It was solved but the problem that appeared to messages computer Text error disappears, freezes, multiple be causing it Avira antivirus can t be what is causing my issues b c I don t use Avira But I m wondering if it could be avast which is what I m currently using I ve been having problems with the disappearing text etc for maybe months I ve been using avast for well over a year Anyone have any new insight years later Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Text disappears, computer freezes, multiple error messages bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc KD Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Dear All,

I bought my Laptop 20 days ago. but during these days it shows more than 3 times an error when I turn on my laptop. Now, It shows a new error "Windows has detected a hard disk problem. Back up your files to prevent information loss and then contact the system administrator to determine if you need to repair or replace the disk" .

I don't know what should I do to fix the problem. I hope you help me to fix it.
Thanks

A:Windows has detected an error on Hard Disk

and welcome to the Forum

The first thing you should do is backup any data that you value before it fails completely. Once you have the data backed up, You can run diagnostics on the hard drive by downloading the diagnostic tool for the hard drive brand and making a bootable disc.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

See this for how to make a bootable cd:

How to Burn a Bootable ISO File

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-has-detected-an-error-on-hard-disk-605978.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I keep getting this message and it tells me to follow the directions but there aren't any directions to follow other than back up your system and contact technical support to determine if the disk with errors needs to be repaired or replaced.
It says that SMART event has taken place and gives disk name.
What do I need to do?
Everything has slowed down and I'm not sure where to go from here.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6108 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset, -1265 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 703044 MB, Free - 647104 MB; I: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 847325 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0K83V0, A00 , ..CN7509303T08CE.
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in So this has been going on for quite some time now when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from Crashing to coloured hard reset requiring random screen the speakers I assume a very short loop of the last Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset sounds of what was playing and I am forced to hard reset the computer sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen times a day it totally varies with no apparent cause It has a brand new hard drive ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store All help is much appreciated Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/67239-crashing-random-colored-screen-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi

I seem to be having the same issue as another poster. My computer has been running very slowly for a while. Now it keeps freezing at random times and there is nothing I can do (right click to close, ctrl/alt/delete, etc)so I have to do a hard reboot. When I try to run scans it either freezes or completely turns my computer off. I have tried to run them in both normal and safe mode.

Any help would be appreciated and if you need any more information I will do my best to provide it.

Thank you

A:Computer Freezing, Requiring Hard Reboot. Scans Won't Complete

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456542/computer-freezing-requiring-hard-reboot-scans-wont-complete/
Relevancy 55.04%

Not sure if this is the correct forum because it could be a number of problems but here goes While playing Lord of the Rings online my computer frequently emits a horrible crackling or distorted beeping sound thereafter completely freezing so I cannot even ctrl alt delete out of the game I have to do a hard boot everytime I have had someone who knows a fair amount about computers look at it She reinstalled everything and updated all the appropriate drivers etc It worked LOTRO Freezing Crackling Hard with or Crashing Boot requiring for about a week without crashing but now it's back to doing it I realize this could be a million things but I hope someone has experienced the exact thing and could provide some LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot guidance Thanks and here's what I run Motherboard - LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot ASUS P Q LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Memory - OCZ Platinum GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ P GK Hardrive - Western Digital VelociRaptor WD HLFS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive bare drive - OEM Processor - Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz LGA Quad-Core Processor Model BX Q Power Supply - Antec True Power Trio TP - W ATX V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply with Three V Rails Card - ASUS ENGTX TOP HTDI M GeForce GTX MB Case - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP Black Computer Case

A:LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot

Do you only experience this issue while playing this game?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lotro-crashing-or-freezing-with-crackling-requiring-hard-boot-326934.html
Relevancy 55.04%

System boots fine but when I try to run something I get a freeze and have to do a hard boot Have run Spybot and Adaware and Ewido in Safe mode Is there anything here Logfile of HijackThis v Rach98n - Hjt Wrong Boot Log Somthing Requiring Freezing - Hard Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT System winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc Hjt Log Rach98n - Somthing Wrong - Freezing Requiring Hard Boot exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINNT system brsvc a exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system brss a exeC WINNT system Brmfrmps exeC WINNT System drivers CDAC BA EXEC WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINNT System Hjt Log Rach98n - Somthing Wrong - Freezing Requiring Hard Boot svchost exeC WINNT system BRMFRSMG EXEC WINNT System igfxtray exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Documents and Settings Rachel Desktop HijackThis exeC PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepageR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blankO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run SetDefPrt C Program Files Brother Brmfl a BrStDvPt exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run Weather C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run GoogleDCClient C Program Files GoogleDCC GoogleDCC exe -startupO - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Files Real RealPlayer realplay exe quot RunUPGToolCommandReBootO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Prog... Read more

A:Hjt Log Rach98n - Somthing Wrong - Freezing Requiring Hard Boot

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52874/hjt-log-rach98n-somthing-wrong-freezing-requiring-hard-boot/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm on windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit with Vista originally on Laptop. Im on an Asus G71GX-RX05 laptop purchased about 3 years ago. I installed windows 7 with disc provided about 2 years ago. Here are the specs for my laptop.

My issue is that whenever I'm watching Netflix streaming or youtube streaming my computer will freeze completely on the screen that its on. No other screen pops up. It only occurs with streaming websites. I can play PC games fine and browse the internet. Sometimes a weird buzzing noise comes out of the speakers while it is freezing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Slayer41

A:Freeze during online video streaming requiring hard reset.

Hello,

I'm still not sure what you mean by "freeze". If the video freezes inside a perfectly normal browser window while it "buffers" due to a slow internet connection. If the browser itself freezes so that it won't respond to your input, that is more complicated and may or may not be helped by a reset: Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset...

Regards,
Sysesc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-during-online-video-streaming-requiring-hard-reset-662580.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in So this has been going on for quite some time now when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity reset requiring coloured screen hard Crashing random to games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from the speakers I Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset assume a very short loop of the last sounds of what was playing and I am forced to hard reset the computer sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen times a day it totally varies with no Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset apparent cause It has a brand new Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset hard drive ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store All help is much appreciated Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67239-crashing-random-coloured-screen-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello So my Toshiba Satellite L D-S running Windows Ultimate -bit has been having random crashes that require a hard reset and I cannot figure out why And as hard requiring screen black crashes reset Random to of today the crashes have progressed to just appearing as though there was no battery and I pulled the plug on the laptop It happens completely out of the blue and I can be doing anything from browsing YouTube to gaming or Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset just leave the laptop idle and it will still crash While gaming the CPU rarely reaches C before I crash and I have tried two different batteries and power supplies original ones the came with the laptop and ones I purchased from the company as extras a few months after receiving the laptop with no difference I have also tested four separate RAM sticks two gb and two gb and the same crashing still occurs Any insight as to why my laptop keeps crashing Thank you Joshdog My Specs Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD K nm Technology GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - TOSHIBA NALAE Socket M S G Generic Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset PnP Monitor x Hz MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Toshiba GB TOSHIBA MQ ABD SATA Disk Device SATA C HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT N SATA CdRom Device Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-crashes-to-black-screen-requiring-hard-reset-1011418.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm running Vista Ultimate bit on my HTPC Every now and then my system hangs and it leaves me nothing more than to do do a hard shutdown hold down Disk Error after hard Read shutdown the power button for seconds However now when I want to start my machine again it hangs when trying to Disk Read Error after hard shutdown boot up and after seconds it pops up a message saying there's a quot disk read error quot Now here's the weird thing repeatedly trying to reboot is still yields the quot disk read error quot but leaving the system off for an hour or so and then rebooting it oftentimes results in a successful boot Anyway this is driving me crazy I know I shouldn't do a hard shutdown but sometimes the whole thing hangs and I cannot do anything else Is there anyone who has a solution for this I've been Googling around and the quot disk read error quot seems to occur a lot with Vista Maybe I should switch back to XP Pascal

A:Disk Read Error after hard shutdown

Hi Pascal,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

It sounds like you may have some corruption on the drive. I would run Check Disk to see if can find and fix any corruption that may be on the drive.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-checkdisk.html

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/127439-disk-read-error-after-hard-shutdown.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello gurus all This is what I ve got Sony Vaio - with Multiple error control vaio freezes and entertainment aggregation service VGC-RC- G Intel R Pentium R D GHz g built Multiple freezes with vaio entertainment aggregation and control service error in ram g centuron add on ram GB GB free ACPI Multiprocessor Intel Ultra ATA Storage controllers - DF Windows XP Pro service Pack Sound cards Echo Layla I usually keep this one engaged sometimes I use Sigma Tel High Def and a Lagacy Video Card Okay I m having multiple freezes Bad stuff I keep the computer off the internet as I use it for music It quit on me recently doing a quot Click Click quot thing so I knew it had to be the hard drive Took it to Sony they said it was my add on RAM - that it wasn t compatible I took it around trying to buy the right RAM and everybody said I had the right RAM and it tested good so Multiple freezes with vaio entertainment aggregation and control service error we put it back It s running - poorly So who knows what THAT was about but it is running but not well enough for me to use it It was doing well but the thing that seemed to have changed it Multiple freezes with vaio entertainment aggregation and control service error was adding software to process my video camera footage I need to be able to do this I have the latest anti-virus stuff on it from work Here are the errors Error Event ID The Image Video converter recording monitor for vaio entertainment service depends on the following nonexistent service Vaio Entertainment Aggregation and Control Service THAT is the BIGGEST BUG Then I have another error that is not as frequent Cat System Error file name faultrep dll file version Microsoft Windows Error event ID Error code f parameter parameter bab d parameter parameter So I thought I d do a check disk and see how my sectors are and it won t run through I have an error reading quot windows was unable to complete the disk check quot Right now I can t use the computer It is too unstable I am in Japan with a one byte computer that I can t take anywhere to get fixed since the systems here are two byte Can you help me fix it I ve been reading your forum and you guys sound pretty good There may be some time lags between my getting tasks done to send back - time change and then I have to go to work Thank you so much for helping me B P nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-freezes-with-vaio-entertainment-aggregation-and-control-service-error.606317/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

Sorry for possible dupilication but I'm new to these posts.

My partners daughter's computer will not update via windows with the above error message. I have cleaned the computer to remove alot of malware / spyware etc but that failed to work. According to the history - KB2792100, KB976932 & service pack 1 will not update for over a year.

The windowsupdatelog is attached & would appeciate any words of wisdom.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Relevancy 54.61%

I have had two Windows 7 Security updates fail (KB3004375 & KB3031432) and both have said error 80070490. I have run Mr Fixit and other things suggested by your site as well as sfc scan (Ihope I have these names correct).
All of this lead me to try downloading the Offficial Windows 7 SP1 ISO download, but two days prior to this Digital River was closed down for the OEM version of Windows 7 Great.
I don't want to do a clean re-install at this point as my computer is running well - there doesn't appear to be any problems anyway.
I have attached the results from the sfc scan and I would really appreciate it if someone could check this report for me and let me know if I have any huge problems and that I must do a clean install. I do have the Windows 7 Disc but it it not a retail version.
Thank you for any help you can give me

A:Windows Update Error 80070490

Quote:
Digital River was closed down for the OEM version of Windows 7

But was the Retail version [which you need] still available?

I have both updates installed on 2/11/2015.

Re your System Specs, is Avast Premier really an Internet Browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/363022-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Through Control Panel - Error Update Windows 80070490 Windows Update I've tried the Windows Update with Windows Ultimate Extras I get an error quot Windows could not search for new updates quot Error s found Code Underneath it says Most recent check for updates Never Updates were installed Never You have windows set to Automatically install new updates every day at AM You receive updates Windows Update Error 80070490 For Windows and other products from Microsoft Update I've had this problem for a while Tried searching Google to fix the problem tried a few things no help Called Lenovo they directed me to this forum Says I have no installed updates at this point I know that's not true Running Windows Vista Ultimate bit and am on SP I'm open to trying just about anything but will need specific directions as to how to solve the problem Thank you AM Update - In another thread I saw I should run sfc scannow in administrator mode and I did Said it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them It created a CBS log file too big to copy here However trying the Windows Update feature it still did not work and has the same error code

1.Have you tried this->Krunk4Ever! ? Blog Archive ? Windows Update Error: 80070490
2.If point 1 fails try standart procedure->http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

It created a CBS.log file too big to copy here

If nothing help upload this file on http://speedyshare.com

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/187561-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have problem to windows update 80070490, to this KB, 2769369 - 2778344, 2647753. I has tried very methods but unsuccessful.
Any help?
Any program or ti to fix it?

Thank

Nikos Tsaptsalis

A:Windows update Error 80070490

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/279312-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Vista Home Premium SP installed on - VistaSP2 Error updating 0*80070490 Not my Dell machine purchased in May Windows update stopped working sometime in and after trying to sort out things for two weeks with microsoft support I gave up My system had no updates Not updating VistaSP2 - Error 0*80070490 for about last yrs now After a gap of yrs now I am again trying to update my windows For last days I am trying to update manually SP from windows download site but I got the error I ran system update readiness tool Windows -KB -v -x but it Not updating VistaSP2 - Error 0*80070490 did not work Only suggested solution now is to repair the windows which is not possible for me as my original CD is broken Following is the log report after running system update readiness tool Any help is much appreciated Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Deployment Packages Checking Package Manifests and catalogs Checking package watchlist Checking component watchlist Checking packages f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB client bf ad e x failed to get owner for package f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB client bf ad e x failed to get owner for package f CBS Registry Error x WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-CoreComp bf ad e x failed to get Visibility Checking component store f CSI Payload File Missing x dxg sys x microsoft-windows-dxg bf ad e none a eb e b d cd Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total Count CBS Registry Error Total Count

A:Not updating VistaSP2 - Error 0*80070490

To install windows sp2 the system would need some prerequisite updates, which would serve as a base for the SP2 to be installed on the system. I would recommend to install all the windows updates first and then let the SP2 come through windows update itself and then check. In case you face any issues while installing / downloading windows updates then let us know.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/292123-not-updating-vistasp2-error-0-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I m keep error, failing 80070490 Updates running Windows Vista Home Premium bit on 80070490 error, Updates keep failing an Acer laptop The problem constantly causes updates in particular to fail KB amp KB with the error code From what I ve read I must have a corrupt CBS manifest and I need to run a Repair Install with the original Vista CD DVD but I don t have it My D drive is almost completely empty gb used so I don t think the recovery partition is there I can t be sure Steps I ve taken so far include System Restore Windows System Update Readiness Tool the log reported no errors and using an ISO of the Vista quot Repair quot CD to preform a Startup Repair during which I received this message quot Startup repair could not detect a problem If you have recently attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you continue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance quot I also ran the hardware check on the recovery CD which found no errors I m not the original owner of the laptop Is there anything short of replacing the original OS disk or buying a new one that can be done to fix this issue Would WAIK be helpful Any help is appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402288/80070490-error-updates-keep-failing/
Relevancy 54.61%

I keep getting this error when I install the Service pack 1

I've tried, the standalone and it still doesn't work.

I tried every troubleshoot method and it still doesn't work

I tried the CMD - sfc /scannow process and I get cannot fix some corrupted files

I have a acer aspire 5738z

Specs :

Processor : Pentium (R) Dual-core CPU T400 @ 2.00ghz 2.00ghz

Memory ram : 3001MB
System type : 32-bit Operating System

A:Windows vista error 80070490

Hi Lucis,

While researching for this issue, found three links which might be helpful, here are the links:
Vista - Error code&#58; 0x80070490 &#40;Can&#39;t install SP1&#41; - Microsoft Community

Windows update fails error 80070490

Update error 80070490

Please perform the steps mentioned in the above links and post the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/298544-windows-vista-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Every few months I try to fix this issue I've tried it all manual SP updating the 80070490 error good update ole quot upgrade quot re-install disk route fails after many hours Update agent Now I good ole 80070490 update error see there is the Readiness tool I used it and it gave me some info which is nice Maybe good ole 80070490 update error this time will be the charm and someone will help me fix my registry issues Here is the Checksur Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e amd failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e amd failed to get Visibility f CBS Registry Error x Package for good ole 80070490 update error KB ie bf ad e amd failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB ie bf ad e amd failed to get Visibility f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB ie bf ad e amd failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB ie bf ad e amd failed to get Visibility Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS Registry Error Total count

A:good ole 80070490 update error

Hello, and welcome to the Vista Forums!

I will be your Windows Update Error Expert, and will help you to hopefully fix this issue once and for all. Please stick with me until the end of the fix.

The error that you have received is not exactly easy to fix, but neither is it impossible. In theory at least, there is a specific fix for your problem, which I do know, but sometimes it takes a little bit of fiddling to get it to work.

Anyway, I could guess the fix, and almost certainly get it right, but I am going to check, just in case.

Do you have IE 9 installed? If you do not have, don't try to install it. If you do, don't try to uninstall it. Please just tell me if you do or don't.

Now please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log file to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here. If necessary, you can read about how to upload that file here: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Vista Forums

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/289451-good-ole-80070490-update-error.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi First post here I work with seniors helping them with computer issues and this one is on an HP Desktop WIndows Home Premium bit I only help him about once a week so any suggestions may not be attempted for a few Windows Error Update 80070490 days Windows Update gives error when trying to install kb and kb I have run the System Update Readiness Tool and the SFC and tried to repair it by doing an quot upgrade quot with a Windows install disc per Microsoft's instructions Nothing worked and the install disc I used to repair it was not one that came with his computer and I got a message stating the running system was newer than the disc system That may be but the steps did not mention that could happen so I don't know what to do Windows Update Error 80070490 about it I haven't done it in a while but maybe I could slipstream an install disc to make it newer than his running system I attached the cbs zip file It listed many corrupt files but I don't know which ones apply to windows update I did some research on Microsoft's DISM but evidently it won't replace corrupt files in a running Windows system only in Windows I'm wondering if I made a system image of his computer Windows Update Error 80070490 if DISM would be able to manipulate the image to replace Windows Update Error 80070490 the bad files then I could restore the image Before tackling the windows update error I had loaded Norton and used Norton Power Eraser didn't work and then the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool NBRT to remove a bug called quot Trade Terminal by Global Trader quot It now appears to be a clean system Correct me if I'm wrong but an HP restore to factory gives no options to repair a system I hope I posted this correctly and any help would be appreciated

Here's the error list from the SFC log...

Code:
Line 5235: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000661 [SR] Repairing 36 (0x0000000000000024) components
Line 5236: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000662 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 5239: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000664 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:16{8}]"qdvd.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-DirectShow-DVDSupport, Version = 6.1.7601.17835, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5242: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000666 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"netio.sys" of Microsoft-Windows-netio-infrastructure, Version = 6.1.7601.18327, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5245: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000668 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"qedit.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Qedit, Version = 6.1.7601.18386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5248: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 0000066a [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"msdrm.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Rights-Management-Client-v1-API, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5251: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 0000066c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:26{13}]"msdrm.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Rights-Management-Client-v1-API.Resources, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5254: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 0000066e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:44{22}]"RMActivate_ssp_isv.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-Security-Processor-Native-ServerBox-ISV, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5257: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000670 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:38{19}]"secproc_ssp_isv.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Security-Processor-Native-ServerBox-ISV, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5260: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000672 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:30{15}]"secproc_isv.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Security-Processor-Native-Whitebox-ISV, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 5263: 2014-07-07 12:38:35, Info CSI 00000674 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"RMActivate_isv.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-Security-Processor-Native-Whitebox-ISV, Version = 6.1.7601.18332, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad36... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337144-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

The failed updates are 3004375, 3031432, 3033929, 3035131, and 3046049.

The .cab files all had to be removed from CBS.zip to come under the upload size limit. I can send them separately if needed.

I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks!

A:Error 80070490 With 5 Failed Updates

Can you please follow this guide and report back.
Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364047-error-80070490-5-failed-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys!! For the past few months, my computer has been unable to update. I keep getting code 80070490. I followed what was on the microsoft site and even googled some ways to fix it, but nothing is working for me. Can anyone please help? Thank you. I would really appreciate it. I have Windows 7. I even did the sfc scannow and it said it fixed corrupted files, but I still got the error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-80070490.1126643/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been working on a computer that had a virus on it that I finaly got rid of thanks to spybot combofix and super antispyware. but now I try to check for windows updates and it comes up with the 80070490 error I have tride some things that I have read on the forums but to no avail. can someone tell me how to post the log file and figure out what went rong?

Thanks!
Bootloops

A:windows update error 80070490

Welcome
I think this is what you need to fix your problem

The avove per MS should fix your problem, if not try these additional solutions

How do I reset Windows Update components?
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
Cannot Update Windows using Windows Update

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/290475-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have received the error in Windows Update I m unsure on what to do I have tried using my Vista Ultimate disc s upgrade Windows update error : 80070490 but it is Windows update error : 80070490 disabled This is an upgrade disc not a full installation disc I am running Windows Vista -bit with SP on a HP Pavilion dv laptop I use Panda Cloud free anti virus Outpost s free firewall and Ad Aware My Hijack this log is Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files x Wakoopa Wakoopa exe C Program Files x Stardock Impulse Now ImpulseNow exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media TSMAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files SolidWorks Installation Manager Scheduler sldIMScheduler exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media TV TVAgent exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUNMain exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch... Read more

A:Windows update error : 80070490

Windows Update Error: 80070490

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-80070490.880613/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello My PC is 80070490 Error Windows Update an Windows Update Error 80070490 HP Pavillion dv notebook with Vista Home Premium -bit SP In trying to upgrade to SP and failing I realized that my Windows Update was not updating anymore neither automatically nor manually After some patching and restarting some files have successfully downloaded while others are still not For each one of these files that don't download I get the error The same error is given when I tried to update my PC to SP with a manual download from the Microsoft site I suspect that this error is due to corruption from some malware that I got rid of many months ago Most forums said the easiest solution is to repair Windows or do a system restore but Windows was pre-loaded on my comp Windows Update Error 80070490 and I don't have the CD so that is not an option and I do not have a restore point prior to the corruption I have tried stopping and restarting Windows Update to no avail I've also performed the System Update Readiness Scan but it did not fix all of the errors The checkSUR log of my errors is given in the post immediately below this one Can anyone help with this It seems that as I browse the forums that this error is tough to get rid of and each case has its own separate solution

Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.0.6002.22574
Package Version 12.0
2011-06-24 02:07

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_13_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_13_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_1_for_KB976325~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~8.0.1.1 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_1_for_KB976325~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~8.0.1.1 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_209_for_KB970430~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.6 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_209_for_KB970430~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.6 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_211_for_KB970430~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.6 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_211_for_KB970430~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.6 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_3_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_3_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_6_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_6_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_7_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_7_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_8_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_8_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000 failed to get Visibility

Summary:
Seconds executed: 5477
Found 837 errors
Fixed 821 errors
CBS Registry Error Total count: 16
CSI Store Directory Missing Total count: 821
Fixed: CSI Store Directory Missing. Total count: 821
(w) Unable to read Event Log 0x00000017 System

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/290895-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have tried downloading the new Windows 10 and keep getting Error Code 80070490. Before the download it runs a Compatibility Report that checks 6 requirements for the download. All checkout fine and that it's ready for the download, my machine has excepted
all updates required for the Windows 10 upgrade. After all files are loaded it starts the install then at the end it says it could not load Windows 10 because of that error code. What can I do.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb624fc8-9034-4e50-a77a-c7f3e3f0ee25/windows-error-code-80070490?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 54.61%

My OS is Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit. Windows Update hasn't been able to search for updates for a while and gives error code 80070490. I have run System Update Readiness Tool, SFC, and SFCFix and used the log file info to fix some errors, but not all. CheckSUR log shows 25 CBS Registry Errors and one last unavailable repair .manifest file that I haven't been able to find. Any help would truly be appreciated!

Log files:
CheckSUR.log
sfcdetails.txt
SFCFix.txt
WindowsUpdate.txt

I found a SP2 slipstreamed reinstall ISO here and was finally able to do an upgrade reinstall, which replaces your system files while keeping your programs and personal files. This fixed the corruptions that were preventing me from searching for and installing updates. I had about 220 updates to install after this, and installed about 10 at a time. They all installed except IE9 with error 9C41, which I fixed by uninstalling firefox, setting IE as the default browser, and then reinstalling firefox. Updates are all installed now and windows update is working normally!

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303743-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me here please.

I've got this error coming up on Windows Update. 80070490. I have tried the Readiness Tool suggested on the Microsoft site but it has not fixed the error. I cannot re-install Windows since the laptop didn't come with a disk (OS pre-installed - hate that.)

Please help me.

A:Windows update error 80070490

Oh, and having read some other related threads, you might find it helpful to know that I have SP2 installed ok.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296381-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My OS is Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit. Windows Update hasn't been able to search for updates for a while and gives error code 80070490. I have run System Update Readiness Tool, SFC, and SFCFix and used the log file info to fix some errors, but not all. CheckSUR log shows 25 CBS Registry Errors and one last unavailable repair .manifest file that I haven't been able to find. Any help would truly be appreciated!

Log files:

CheckSUR.log   4.83KB
  3 downloads

sfcdetails.txt   51.63KB
  2 downloads

SFCFix.txt   3.55KB
  2 downloads

WindowsUpdate.txt   192.62KB
  1 downloads

You've already provided all the information I would usually request, but I'm not familiar with this type of corruption.
Hopefully another helper has seen this before.

Have you made sure your hard disk isn't failing?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574988/windows-update-error-80070490/
Relevancy 54.61%

for the 2nd time, i am having problems with windows updates. i am receiving windows update error 80070490. this pc was given to me for free and it has windows 6.0. I do not want to invest the $ for windows 7 on this pc. is there a safe way i can fix this error given the above info. I have a windows vista home premium 64 bit system with service pack 2. everything including my security settings seem to be going haywire since i've tried to install the updates. i am an avid pc user and am learning my way around this pc which i really love

A:windows update error 80070490

Welcome
It should, hopefully, be an easy problem to fix.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296142-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I am helping out a neighbour who has a laptop emachine model E running Vista Home Basic with SP Unfortunately the anti-virus software ran out several months ago and the machine became infected with malware I suspect that this may be the cause of the current issue regarding Windows could not search for new updates and the error code It is not possible to restore to 80070490 update Windows error an earlier point in time they seem to be missing all previous updates are also missing I have installed AVG anti-virus software scanned the laptop and used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Superantispyware and Spybot to remove all viruses and rebooted several times I have followed the instructions on Microsoft article http support microsoft com kb Method and also Mr Fixit I cannot use method as Windows update error 80070490 there is no repair CD DVD I have searched various forums including the ones here and am running out of ideas I would be grateful for any suggestions If you need to know any more technical details please let me know Many thanks Chris nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi. Your site is a real breath of fresh air after the dozens of unhelpful sites that have been leading me round in circles for the past few days! I wonder if you can help me please? I have not been able to install Windows updates for many weeks now. It is possibly the result of a memory card that went kaput, and my subsequent amateur efforts to clean up afterwards . Anyway, the error code that keeps coming up is 80070490. I have attached the necessary files (I think). Thanks in advance, Squiff.

A:Missing manifests - error 80070490

First we'll deal with the Manifests...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-installer-engine_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22843_none_62089d5be35b3777.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_11.2.9600.17041_none_a855a9d4736487be.manifest
Then we'll worry about the missing payload files.

I'll post a fix protocol for the manifests a little later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375469-missing-manifests-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi currently KB does not install on my machine and fails with error Some days ago I realized that KB had numerous failed installation-attempts So I started looking into the details First I tried SURT and tried solving the issue using the info from the log Googling from there I extracted KB to the servicing-directly as described in numerous sources This did not really change the log So the next thing I tried was cleaning the windows-update-cache by following the instructions here https rahuldpatel wordpress com pdate-failure Basically this advised me to delete windir SoftwareDistribution 80070490 does error install, KB3033929 not after stopping the service quot wuauserv quot Well after I did that KB wasn't the problem anymore it is not even offered as update anymore but now installing KB fails Do you guys have any idea what I can do to fix that I followed instructions to zip the CBS-folder Even zipped it is too large to attach Please find it here https www dropbox com s t y vurmv hy a CBS zip dl Since the folder initially contained GB of log-files I deleted everything in there before running SFC and SURT Thank you very much for any help

A:KB3033929 does not install, error 80070490

You have some severe problems in the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 1960
Found 102 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 22
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 10
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 10
CBS Watchlist Package Missing Total count: 53
CBS Watchlist Component Missing Total count: 7
The variety of errors makes me think that there is an underlying cause for them -

I'm unclear what you mean by this statement...

Quote:
Googling from there, I extracted KB3004394 to the servicing-directly as described in numerous sources.

it could mean many things - some of which would cause more problems than they solve. Certainly, nothing you did appears to have affected the CheckSUR results, anyhow (probably because the download you got was a different version to the one in the report).

This sort of error-list is bordering on the sort where it would be better to do a repair install than attempt to fix the known errors, because of the possible underlying issues, so I need to know what's been done before making a decision about where to go next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375191-kb3033929-does-not-install-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Windows Update has a problem on my machine. Most of the updates get installed with no problem. However now and then (more then than now) one or more of them won't install. I have a couple from last year that are still sitting there. Today I ran the rediness tool a couple of times with no change. I've played with this for days now, I better stop before I fubar the whole thing up. I'm hoping one of you techies can help me figure this out.
Error code is 80070490 (of course that's an unknown error)
Log folder attached
Tnx,
Dusty

A:Windows Update Error 80070490?

Dusty take a loo at this Windows Update error 80070490 - Microsoft Windows Help let us know if it is of any help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330365-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello

Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2

Been getting this error when I update windows, tried many fixes to no avail including

Windows6.0-KB947821-v33-x86.exe
MicrosoftFixit.wu.LB.383193783898689.1.1.Run.exe
sfc /scannow
I have included the CBS zip file as requested by the instructions on the windows updating posting page

Any help would be great I'm a bit stuck with this one,

Regards
Michael

Here's the errors from your CheckSUR report

Code:
Checking Packages
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_1_for_KB2930275~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_1_for_KB2930275~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275_client_2~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275_client_2~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get CurrentState
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_for_KB2930275~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1 failed to get Visibility
SFC doesn't appear to have found any problems - but there are a number of serious errors in the background CBS log, which may relate to the registry problems above.

I'll have a closer look later and get back to you with something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/327010-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html