Windows Support Forum

Wifi opened but no network access

Q: Wifi opened but no network access

Hi,I m using mhotspot for sharing my laptop's internet to other devices.i created microsoft wifi adapter by cmd. i also select local collection from broadband connection>properties>allow net to other devices.now when i start mhotspot then it's show
that not sharing internet.when i open network & sharing center then my hotspot option show no network access.pls help me.. thnx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1b5c97c-f29c-4810-b176-2386dce27b17/wifi-opened-but-no-network-access?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi opened but no network access

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 60.2%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 58.48%

I have been running a Netgear DG834 ADSL router here for a while and recently got a Dell notebook (Windows Vista Home Premium Edition)with built-in WiFi . For a period I was connecting to the network using a cable and using the internet quite easily but decided to give myself WiFi connectivity to my home network so I could move around a bit..

I went out and got myself a Netgear WGT624 and daisy-chained it to the DG834 and set it up - the problem is that though it sees the network I cannot connect to the internet gateway on the DG834.

Any solutions to this anyone?
Jim

Relevancy 58.48%

I am planning to have a friend visit and she will use her laptop with my wifi network. Is there any threat to my network if by chance she has a virus or other malware on her computer? I assume the only danger would be if I transfer files from her computer, but I just want to confirm that. Thanks.

A:Solved: allow access to wifi network

There is a slight threat, but the odds of it are low if you only allow them to access your wireless network. Once she's there, it would be a good idea to make sure that her PC does not have any viruses or malware. If so, go ahead and let us know and we can help clean it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-allow-access-to-wifi-network.990861/
Relevancy 57.62%

Ok, here is what I have:workstation with a wireless card
laptop with wireless card
wireless router

What I would ideally like to do is set up a wired network in which the computers can all share files and have the workstation connect to the internet via wifi and have the laptop create an adhoc wifi network.

Is this even possible?

Alternately, I would be satisfied If I could network the two machines via ethernet and have them both share a wifi connection.

If it is possible but I cannot accomplish this with what I have, what else do I need?

A:Need to set up small wired network, with wifi access

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Why not connect the workstation to the wireless access point (router) via the wireless card and then do the same for the laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289867-need-set-up-small-wired-network-wifi-access.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I think I know what I want but I just wanted to check before I splashed the cash and made the wrong choice I have a Humax Freesat recorder and a Panasonic Blu-Ray player Both of which have services that need internet access but neither are WIFI Network Switch Access WIFI with Point enabled amp are the wrong side of the room to be connected via cabled ethernet I believe that what I need is to wireless access point I d like one with a built in switch as well as most seem to only come with only one port The one I found has four which would be useful as I could replace the poor wireless Xbox dongle The one I was looking at was http www amazon co uk gp product B JV A sr - qid WIFI Network Access Point with Switch ref olp WIFI Network Access Point with Switch product details ie UTF amp me amp qid amp sr - amp seller This seems very cheap Can anyone tell me if this will do what I want amp whether there is anything better without spending a fortune Many thanks in advance Tom nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I have a network that has a broadband cisco router and checkpoint firewall that I cannot touch. It was set up by our dept of Education, and has to be left alone. But one of the teachers has asked me to set up wifi access for the network.

I have set up a wireless access point D-link DWL-G700AP , and I can configure this assign IP addresses on the network, BUT I have to manually set the DNS and the gateway on the clients manually. The whole idea is to make this oblivious to the user.

Is there any device that I can get to act as a DHCP relay, to forward the DHCP broadcasts to the checkpoint firewall, i.e. so that both wired and wireless clients get their IP address, gateway and DNS servers from the checkpoint firewall.

thanks,
Jonathan

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all Having a bit of an issue with my home WiFi with a BT Homehub type A At random intervals I'll get limited access and not be able to use the internet This is quickly resolved by disconnecting and reconnecting to the WiFi I thought I'd fixed the issue by doing the following commands ipconfig flushdns ipconfig register dns netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset reset log hit But WiFi limited Repeatedly access to network getting after around Repeatedly getting limited access to WiFi network hours the issues have resurfaced This is my ipconfig all log Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MattsPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address -FE-ED- -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a c b e df bdb e f dae P referred IPv Address fdaa bbcc ddee df bdb e f dae Pref erred Temporary IPv Address a c b e d a bdc b b P referred Temporary IPv Address fdaa bbcc ddee d a bdc b b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe df bdb e f dae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway fe d aff fe e b ff DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B-F - - - -FE-ED- -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I've tried fiddling about with the router settings and giving myself a static IP as I was being assigned the same IP as other devices but the BT Homehub seems incapable of saving this setting and I'm not sure it's even relevant although this problem does seem to be intermittent over the course of a day Any help would be really warmly received edit Another potential thing seems to happen often when I load up FIFA - not sure if it's coincidence or somehow causing it

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/401765-repeatedly-getting-limited-access-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I have two wifi APs in the breaks win8.1 with Access Points network two wifi home and only one has an Internet connection the other is to access the wired LAN Last week I updated from win to win and thought everything was going well until I started getting wired LAN dropouts I have traced it back to handling connection to wifi APs In win8.1 breaks network with two wifi Access Points win I was able to have quot Connect automatically quot for BOTH wifi adapters on this laptop Now when I try to connect to the non-Internet AP win announces correctly quot Limited access quot and that's what win did too BUT win8.1 breaks network with two wifi Access Points win waits a few seconds then drops the connection with a useless message quot help me solve connectin problems quot where there is NO problem A limited connection for the AP to the wired LAN is OK as it was in So now I am stuck with no home LAN access unless I drop the Internet AP and connect to the LAN AP Also in the great wisdom of because it is only a quot limited quot connection it does not remember the Passphrase so I have to type it in every time So much for progress Can anyone please suggest what to do to get past this behavior and have a quot limited quot connection as OK as win8.1 breaks network with two wifi Access Points it is with win

A:win8.1 breaks network with two wifi Access Points

So basically you are using the computer to act as a Router to "Bridge" the connections between the two routers. Not a good way to do it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/46084-win8-1-breaks-network-two-wifi-access-points.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello guys I have bought this asus-x ca-kx d laptop and installed unable but access Connected to internet to network wifi genuine windows in it Am able to connect to the wifi network in our hostel but unable to access internet There is that yellow triangle thing on the signal It keeps saying quot unidentified network no internet access I have tried so many solutions online but of no use Please help me guys Thanks in advance This is my ipconfig all details Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users praneeth gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name praneeth-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Duplicate Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- -DC-E - F- -C - A- Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address E - F- -C - A- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B EC B - A - D C-AA - BBB EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DA C-F D - E -BFC -D C CF F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A - - EEE- - E ED D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet

Hello praneeth3456 . Welcome to the Forums, You say you are at a hostel. Did they give you a password to use to access the internet ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/337089-connected-wifi-network-but-unable-access-internet.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Product name : HP Pavilion Notebook - 14-n201TX    Operating System : Windows 8.1 Using mobile access point i'm trying to connect to the internet in Laptop. After the Device is connected  it is showing as "The connection is limited" so not able to connect to inernet. In Network and charing centre also device is present but "No internet access" message is shown above. Currently the network driver is Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter. I tried with other network adapters present, but no luck.  Please help me to solve this issue.

A:Limited access Wifi network connectivity issue in HP pavilio...

Hello sanchi, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that your notebook is having difficulty connecting to your wireless network, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter! Since you have attempted to connect with different network adaptors, I recommend following this document on Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8). This should help re-establish the connection between your notebook and the network. For further assistance, I will need to know:The model of the router you are attempting to connect to.How far away this router is from your notebook.If this is a recent, or on-going issue.Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!Regards  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Limited-access-Wifi-network-connectivity-issue-in-HP/td-p/4067304
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone, since last 3 days WiFi is not working on my laptop. The troubleshoot shows that it can't fix the problem automatically and that there is problem with driver of local area connection adapter and driver of wireless network connection adapter. Please help me out.

A:limited access to the WiFi & problem with driver of wireless network

Here is the image of cmd command ipconfig/all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/370603-limited-access-wifi-problem-driver-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 55.9%

5 PCs Connected to Local Network:
1- Win10 Home - V.1511 10586.545
2- Win10 Pro - V.1511 10586.545
2- Win10 Pro - v.1607 14393.105

Win10 v.1511 Home, 2 - Win10 Pro V.1511, and 1- Win10 Pro v.1607 are all hard wired Ethernet.

1- Win10 Pro V1607 connected via WIFI (5ghz)

All Network shares are set, Password Protected Sharing is turned off, on all systems. All PCs open/view/share folders and files as expected between all PCs.

Before install Anniversary Update on 2 PCs, I could Copy files from my Mot Android Turbo 2 phone (connected via WIFI (5GHZ or 2.4Ghz) using Asus File Manager Ap, to any shared PC folders on my network.

After Installing AU 1607 on 2 of the PCs on my network, I can now only copy file to my Windows Home V.1511 PC. All others are requesting User and Passwords for access. Again, Password Protected Sharing is turned off on all PCs....

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63382-cant-access-network-shared-folders-android-phone-connected-wifi.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey,
I just got an acer laptop computer from India. It was connecting fine there on a dail up network however I am having trouble connecting to the wireless network in London. The network status shows connected with a strong signal however I get check network connections message when I try to use the internet. Can you please help?
Thanks

MadJo

A:Solved: Laptop shows connected to wifi network but I cannot access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-shows-connected-to-wifi-network-but-i-cannot-access-the-internet.920386/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using the quot netsh wlan hostednetwork quot commands to create an Access Point for my other devices e g phone Roku etc This worked fine for weeks But for some reason it stopped working weeks ago and I cannot figure out what caused it to stop I did not make any major changes I am able to set the mode to quot allow quot and start the hostednetwork But under Network and Sharing Center it consistently Miniport WiFi "No network access" HostedNetwork Virtual shows that my Virtual Wifi Adapter as quot No network access quot Here are my parameters Computer Dell Inspiron nbsp OS Windows -bit WiFi Adapter Dell Wireless Adapter WLAN Mini-Card Driver is HostedNetwork Virtual WiFi Miniport "No network access" updated to the HostedNetwork Virtual WiFi Miniport "No network access" most recent version nbsp Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Driver is updated to to the most recent version nbsp Anti-virus firewall SW Kaspersky Internet Security I've disabled this throughout my troubleshooting without any positive impact Below is nbsp the output of quot ipconfig all quot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration nbsp nbsp Host Name Todd-PC nbsp nbsp Primary Dns Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Node Type Hybrid nbsp nbsp IP Routing Enabled No nbsp nbsp WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - E-AB- F- nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled No nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp Link-local IPv Address fe f c e c ede Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp IPv Address Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Subnet Mask nbsp nbsp Default Gateway nbsp nbsp nbsp DHCPv IAID nbsp nbsp DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - - C- - -AE- D-B -D nbsp nbsp DNS Servers fec ffff nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp fec ffff nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp fec ffff nbsp nbsp NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - E-AB- F- nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp Link-local IPv Address fe ffe a Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp IPv Address Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Subnet Mask nbsp nbsp Lease Obtained Sunday March PM nbsp nbsp Lease Expires Sunday March PM nbsp nbsp Default Gateway nbsp nbsp DHCP Server nbsp nbsp DHCPv IAID nbsp nbsp DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - - C- - -AE- D-B -D nbsp nbsp DNS Servers nbsp nbsp NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - - - - - -E nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled No nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp IPv Address d c f d f ff a Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Link-local IPv Address fe f d f ff a Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Default Gateway nbsp nbsp NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please let me know if you require any additional information Thanks in advance -Todd

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/425db2f6-4760-482f-906b-2d5c51c7fd4a/hostednetwork-virtual-wifi-miniport-quotno-network-accessquot?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to use a new Macbook Pro with an existing wifi network that has several Windows 7 PCs. The Mac has no problems getting on the wifi network. I can connect to the Mac from my Windows 7 PC to read files on the Mac and transfer files from the PC
to the Mac. But I cannot get the Mac to connect to my Windows 7 PC. I want the Mac to read files on the PC and use the printer that is connected to the PC.
When I try to connect to the PC from the Mac, I get an error message on the Mac saying ?there are no shares available or you are not allowed to access them on the server?.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f975081-3a8e-43fa-91e2-0831401415e6/trouble-connecting-a-macbook-to-a-windows-7-home-wifi-network-quotno-shares-availableor?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

Our domain network based off Windows k Server is allowing multiple occurances allows to network be opened file again same of the same file to be opened at the same time typically only with network allows same file to be opened again AutoCAD files This is obviously a problem because the work one person does can easily be overwritten by another person working in the same file Typically I ve noticed that if a second occurance of the network allows same file to be opened again file is allowed eventually the first occurance shows a warning and the file is changed to read-only The Win K Server is dynamically assigning our IP address I have noticed that this seems to occur after a failure of the server to assign IP addresses which has only occured twice network allows same file to be opened again in about a year and also when the netgear wireless router we re using has one of it s moments and requires a power-cycle to reset it to working status This morning we actually had a guy that was able to open the same AutoCAD file twice on his PC he didn t realize he already had it open until after he d chosen to open it again at which point he questioned why it did not come up as read-only when he reopened it Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

How do I keep MS Word open when opened by MS Access

I am writing an MS Access application. This code snippet just opens MS world and closes immediately. This is not what I want. I want to be able to leave it open long enough to edit it.

Dim objWord As Word.Application

Function OpenAWord_Maybenot(wordDocStr As String)

If TypeName(objWord) <> "Application" Then

'Start Microsoft Word 97.
Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

objWord.Visible = True
objWord.Documents.Open (wordDocStr)
'Quit Microsoft Word and release the object variable.
objWord.Quit
Set objWord = Nothing

End If

End Function

A:How do I keep MS Word open when opened by MS Access

If you remove the two lines

objWord.Quit
Set objWord = Nothing

from the function then Word should stay open. Just add them back into your application at the point that you want to close Word.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-keep-ms-word-open-when-opened-by-ms-access.119921/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it now, I should have disabled/reenabled Wifi first, and then tried a reboot after that. But otherwise, is there any hidden setting to ignore certain networks?

A:Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

If the home where you were had a BT hub then it most probably was offering both an open connection also known as BT Wifi or BT Fon and also a secured wifi connection which would have an SSID number with a BThub name with some random numbers and letters. It is possible that you connected to the open one and were then automatically directed to a BT broadband page on the internet to pay for use of the BT hotspot service that they provide via customers routers. See this article for more info: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...fi-with-fon%3F

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47484-using-open-access-wifi-point-instead-connected-private-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Dear All,
I have desktop pc windows xp with sp1.I Mapped some shared folder from local network through Mapped Network Drive.It is easily for open network folder.After some days.When i was double clicked Mapped Network Drive from my computer means.It is not opening directly network folder.It will asking Open With Program Files like this.Please help me.How resolve this problem.Advance thanks to all.
Kindly Regards
Siva

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reg-mapped-network-drive-opened-with.725290/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone, i want to ask some help, I can't start the network and sharing center, if i open it, it keeps loading and blank.
I dont know since when this problem come, but maybe after i install and use program mypublicwifi for sharing my wifi. 

Thanks..

A:Network and Sharing Center can't be opened

You have a reply to your duplicate topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579899/network-and-sharing-center-keep-loading-and-blank/To avoid confusion for everyone I am closing this topic. In the future please do not cross post as it can get confusing for you. As well as for those those trying to help you, if you have multiple topics for the same issue going on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579897/network-and-sharing-center-cant-be-opened/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a group of 5 users that have access to a shared folder on our network. Is there a way for each of these users at any given time to find out who has what files opened? MS Office will show this info but say it was a text document, is this possible?

A:Who has what network share files opened

No, but if you have access to the system that has the shares, you can go into Computer Management (on that system) and find out.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/who-has-what-network-share-files-opened.759161/
Relevancy 49.88%

Dear All,
First i want introduced to u.I am siva from gz.
I have Windows XP Proffessional Desktop PC.I mapped some drives or folders.After i mapped that drive when i double click means.It will OPENDED WITH likes this.Please help.
Advance Thanks to all
Kindly Regards
Siva

A:Reg Mapped Network Drive Opened With

In Microsoft Windows and OS/2, a mapped drive is typically the place on a networked computer's hard drive that has been created/designated and given a special name. It is created by an administrator, it is given certain permissions of use to be set by, again, an administrator, and will store information for particular users or groups, and basically contain anything(whatever) that is compatible with the existing system depending on what those who use it and/or create it require at a given time. I can't understand the question, where is sg???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reg-mapped-network-drive-opened-with.725068/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone!

I've got a bit of an odd query with a database I've been editing that I'm hoping you can help me with.

I changed the name of a form in my database, which is showing up fine in the design view, but when I open the form it seems to revert back to the old name on the tab at the top. Any ideas why it is doing this and how I came make it stop?

Thank you.

Alison

A:Solved: Access 2007 - Form changes name when opened

Some screenshots to help explain:

Design View
When Opened

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2007-form-changes-name-when-opened.1000794/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently updated my Inspiron 14" 5459 to the Windows 10 anniversary update, i noticed that when my wifi access point changes or wifi signal drops or turning off wifi, my laptop semi-freezes, you could still scroll with the mouse or track pad and select open tabs but that's all, clicking other icons and even the windows start menu does not work, if you wait for more than 5 minutes, everything goes back to normal. Waiting around for about 5 minutes is annoying so what I do is press ctrl alt delete and from there restart the laptop. my wifi adapter is updated to the most recent version and also both graphics card (intel hd 520 and amd radeon m335) is also updated to the latest version.  Any suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

A:after Windows 10 anniversary update, Inspiron 5459 freezes if wifi is turned off or wifi access point is changed, is there a solution to this problem?

Please confirm the wireless card from the device manger or the network control panel. Also please update the BIOS firmware to the latest version. The BIOS update should ideally be version v1.2.2. Also please try system out with  a LAN cable as well to confirm if is indeed caused by the wireless. Though this may not run a complete diagnostics on the network you can run a hardware diagnostics on the computer using the following steps

Shutdown the computer
Hold the 'Fn' key and turn on the computer
Let go of the 'Fn' key after 2 seconds

This is will initiate the H/w diagnostics. Please let us know if it completes or if  you run into any errors. If  you do run into any errors. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988325
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a shared folder that i mapped so 2 computers can share the files. Both computers have access 2007 installed.

What i want to do is have them able to open the same access file and have it update while they both have it open?

A:same access file opened on 2 computers to update while open on both

Man it has been a long time since I messed with access, but I do recall a method where it actually duplicates the file allows the changes from two sources, then sync's them back into a single file.

Anyhow what you want is possible if not exactly the way you are looking to do it. I'm sorry I haven't had my coffee yet and as I said it's been awhile.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/197950-same-access-file-opened-2-computers-update-while-open-both.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have no problem networking the two operating systems and sharing folders and printers (use work not home on win7). BUT, the minute I open network and/or network sharing on the windows 7 computer I lose my internetconnection on both computers and have to go through a shut down of the w7 computer and unplug the cable modem and the router and restart everything. (The modem displays an internet connection.) Time Warner Aries Modem
Belkin G router

You can't get to shared folders without going through network. If you do you have to restart everything to get back internet connection.

A:NETWORKING WIN7 WITH XP LOSING INTERNET WHEN NETWORK OPENED

Could you please follow this Tutorial then Post back with your results

Network Posting Tips

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/162384-networking-win7-xp-losing-internet-when-network-opened.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys I just started my first job last week and my boss has a problem which noone in the office has been able to solve if I can solve it I would undoubtedly make a very good impression no Now he has w k installed on his laptop formatted NTFS with a network share also NTFS on a or NT server document from hangs is when opened network share Excel - I m not sure which When he opens an Excel document that Excel hangs when document is opened from network share is saved on the share Excel opens but the screen stays white and he has to end the process When he opens the file again it works just fine and the document opens They first tried reinstalling Excel then Office and then they formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows so it can t be the software or the OS on his machine If anyone has come across this or a similar problem or has ANY ideas please let me know it would be so much fun if the new blonde girl can show em all nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Computer People I m an quot advanced ameatur quot MS Access user who is having the same issue as was described in this thread http forums techguy org business-applications -ms-access-split-form-opened html Access MS display as opened Split suborm Form doesn't As Melonhead and I found a split form inserted into another form essentailly becomes a form within a form making the datatable dissappear If I m understanding correctly melonhead found a way to make a datasheet control the records in a regular form acting like a split form I am able to but the two subforms together make them reference the same table but I have no clue how to make them quot talk quot I MS Access Split Form opened as suborm doesn't display have no problem with reading on my own to find out how I just have no idea what I should be searching under My sales reps are used to pulling up records on a split form due to the ease of sorting and thats what I gave them to work with for the past year However if somone has another suggestion I am open to hearing it I am willing to trade technical knowledge of ceramic tile in exchange for some help I ll also be really really nice to you Thanks TileGuy nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi a by opened Locked Access computer. Database 2000 - specific when again everyone I'm having some Access woes with which I have been unable to find help about around the web as my circumstances don't seem to fit other reports of this problem I get the dreaded The database has been placd in a state by user lt name gt on machine lt name gt that prevents it from being opened or locked Here's the kicker its used actively by users when user opens it user gets that error or any other person that tries to get into the database if user opens it first or any other user then Access 2000 - Database Locked when opened by a specific computer. any and all users that open Access 2000 - Database Locked when opened by a specific computer. it up can use it without any problems Now I don't have any plugins in use no VB code getting data from other sources or mail merges or anything like that everything in this database is internal Access 2000 - Database Locked when opened by a specific computer. What I can't figure out is ONLY user 's computer will lock the database and ONLY when she's the first to open it Any Ideas Avatar

A:Access 2000 - Database Locked when opened by a specific computer.

See if there is a left-over <name>.ldb file in the same directory as the <name>.mdb file. the LDB file (Lock Data Base) is where Access keeps track of who has the file open, which record is being accessed, etc. The LDB file is supposed to get deleted with the database is closed, but if there is a crash or something weird then LDB file can get left behind.

If you find an LDB file just delete it and try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/211906-access-2000-database-locked-when-opened-specific-computer.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have created a split form. I can see both the datasheet and the form when I open it by itself.

However, I created a tabbed subform and then added the split form to the subform. The form displays. However, the datasheet part of the splitform does not display.

I looked in the properties of the splitform and it appears that they are all set to display both.

I searched on the internet and found a few other posts of the same problem, but no solutions.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I can not get any internet running through my laptop, I have checked the hosts file, checked proxys, auto obtain ip address, and nothing is working... This is only a new problem, and have used both ways connecting to the Internet within the last week.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 48.16%

Windows XP
Internet Explorer

When opening browser, multiple error messages pop up such as:

Runtime Error! Program:C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe

Ad Aware was shut down and has generated an error report

Searches to virus/malware security sites are blocked and additional browser windows open

I am unable to run Ad Aware

I was able to run Superantispyware from a flash drive, but only found some problem cookies

I was finally able to run Malwarebyte and found two trojans but problems continue.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

banks714

A:Error messages when browser opened/cannot access virus software sites

Hello, please post that MBAM log.Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. >>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.BAM log so I can see what was found.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.If you need to get updates >>>***Manually Downloading Updates: Manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.Note: Mbam-rules.exe is not updated daily. Another way to get the most current database definitions if you're having problems updating through the program's interface or have already manually downloaded the latest definitions (mbam-rules.exe) shown on this page, is to do the following: Install MBAM on a clean computer, launch the program and update through MBAM's interface. Copy the definitions (rules.ref) to a USB stick or CD and transfer that file to the infected machine. Copy rules.ref to the location indicated for your operating system. If you cannot see the folder, then you may have to Reconfigure Windows to show it.XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareVista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwarePlease ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332515/error-messages-when-browser-openedcannot-access-virus-software-sites/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no café a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a café - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a café - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a café - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified café Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a café - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a café - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I ve been using this site in the past while looking for fixes to various problems recently registered and tried to help a little in my free time but now I am facing rather a big problem with which I am not sure what to do Firstly Please excuse me if you will deem it as a waste of time as I found few general ideas on how to go about fixing it http forums techguy org business-applications -excel- -wont-open-some html post when crashes opened 2003 from location sharing with spreadsheet network Solved: Excel http forums techarena in ms-office-support - htm http forums techarena in ms-office-support htm http support microsoft com kb I am posting as I Solved: Excel 2003 spreadsheet crashes when opened from network location with sharing m not sure that those fixes will work and I have users from Finance Departament at a finance year end who desperately need to fix the problem What happens is they have have a spreadsheet xls on a shared network drive which is crashing upon opening if sharing is turned on If sharing is disabled one person can work on a document users have Office other use Office Solved: Excel 2003 spreadsheet crashes when opened from network location with sharing of them are facing this problem one with and two with I am really clueless and would appreciate any troubleshooting ideas and or potential fixes For the time being I m off to remove KB and kb updates from user s machines I they are on and will post results Hopefully I will get some replies in the meantime Thanks for all the help in advance EDIT Just checked with one affected user who is using Office KB and kb are not present yet user is affected with this problem Can this be a result that this is an xls spreadsheet I m thinking about advising them to re-create this spreadsheet as xlsx and upgrade other users to Office EDIT Consulted this with Senior IT guys from my work and we came to same conclusion that it d be best to save a separate copy of this spreadsheet and re-upload it to a network share and then enable sharing on it and test To exclude hidden tmp files as potential troublemakers because asking our Server Team to delete anything from the share is taking ages Will post results just for quot future generations quot EDIT Don t know why I put it in my head that excel spreadsheets are using xml extension corrected that Fortunately user was smarter than me they tried creating a duplicate spreadsheet but it still isn t working nbsp

A:Solved: Excel 2003 spreadsheet crashes when opened from network location with sharing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-spreadsheet-crashes-when-opened-from-network-location-with-sharing.1066065/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I know this is a long shot I m staying in what s basically a hotel for the next couple months I was properties - Internet to access can't but network, network Connected access no on their free wireless Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties networks up until a couple of days ago when it just cut off my internet access all of a sudden They have confirmed it s nothing on their end My roommates have had steady access on their computers no problem my iPhone as well I obviously have no access to their modem to make issues more difficult when I right-click any of the network connections a dialog box will appear but all the menu options are blank I can t do anything to the connections except rename them Anything else yields a message box with no message if there s any other way to access the TCP IP properties that would be great Right-clicking the connection and clicking properties is the only way I know of I have tried winsock repair uninstalling reinstalling wireless driver and just about everything else I could think of ipconfig all gives me the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bc hsia telus net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bc hsia telus net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee bcd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - B- -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cgocable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap McMaster CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB EB - D- C - B -CDD br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap no-domain-set bellcanada Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FE-CEA - DD-B CE- CA C br D E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA - D E- C A-AD -B br E F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b ecb b c ... Read more

A:Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties

Appears you are on Vista ( Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] )

and running from an Admin Login (ie Owner and other than maintenance, you should be using a Limited Account, eg: UAC but solve that latter)

Disconnect from the router
Goto Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
Right click on ?Local Area Connection? & click ?properties? option.

scroll and find the Internet Protocol V6
clear the [x] preceeding that line
click ok

get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enternetsh int ip reset
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-network-but-no-internet-access-cant-access-network-properties.149976/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I just changed apartments and got a new internet connection through Comcast. When I hook up my cisco linksys wireless router, all the green lights are flashing, but my computer does not recognize the wireless router. When I hook my computer up by cable to the wireless router, I get internet. Same computer, same wireless router as old apartment. Please help - I'm getting pretty desperate and comcast / cisco are no help whatsoever. Thanks!

Relevancy 46.44%

We have a small office and already have a firewall in place that uses content filtering. I am looking for a low cost wireless access point that I can place behind my firewall that will allow me to control access by a username and password list, not just the passkey.

Does this exist without having to go to an Aruba or Ruckus type enterprise WIFI product?

A:WIFI Access Points with User Access Control

Yes.

What's your budget?

Are you aware of the IAPs from Aruba? Provides most of the functionality of their full blown controller based systems at a smaller cost. I have an Aruba IAP 105 running at my vacation home right now.

The feature you're looking for is 802.1X authentication. I haven't implemented this yet on my Aruba gear but have done it with a Netgear WG102 AP. You'll need a RADIUS and LDAP/AD server to implement this. And depending on how you implement the system, you'll need a certificate authority.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-access-points-with-user-access-control.1078532/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Dell Inspiron 700m and have recently developed problems accessing the internet. I have always used a Netgear wireless card RangeMax WPN511. Now I get "limited or not connectivity" when I choose my network but if I choose wifi network I can log on and access the internet..
I have disabled the firewall thinking that it may be the culprit but no luck.
Any suggestions?

A:No internet access but strong signal and can access via Wifi

I'm confused. What is this "wifi" you're selecting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-but-strong-signal-and-can-access-via-wifi.769878/
Relevancy 46.01%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1750 with Windows Home Premium x64. This problem began occurring on Thursday after my brother put his hard drive from his laptop which runs Vista, into my laptop. I figured it was a stupid idea, but he stayed home and I went to school that day. (His CMOS battery needs to be replaced)

So whenever I try to connect wirelessly to my home network, my laptop considers it a public network and I have limited connectivity, which is pretty much no connectivity. Although when I connect the ethernet cord directly to my laptop, everything works fine. Not sure if that helped so let me know if you all need anything else. Here is my ipconfig/all, which is quite long.

Just so you know, I've already tried adding things to the {GUID} codes or whatever.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Unidentified Network; No Network Access; Limited Access

Hello,

I'm not an expert in Networking you may try this when someone looks at your thread Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119966-unidentified-network-no-network-access-limited-access.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a brand new acer aspire notebook and I'm trying to connect to my airport extreme card built into my iMac desktop. The laptop sees the signal just fine, but it will not connect to the internet and I get "limited access". What can I do to connect?

A:unidentified network, no network access, limited access

Hi and welcome to SF,

This is an interesting issue, from the surface of things, it looks like there is a restriction on the connection to access the internet from the built-in card. You were able to tap into the wireless card network so that narrows it down to possibly hardware, MAC address, IP restriction.

Can you do an ipconfig from the notebook and show us?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50421-unidentified-network-no-network-access-limited-access.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, we have a bunch of computers(70 aprox) connected to a domain. Since couple weeks ago very strange issues started occuring, internet and network access(path to network share is lost) would come up at random times and on different machines and would last for about 10-20 seconds it would re-connect again.
All the computers are using private addresses.

Most machines are windows 7, some are xp.

Using Windows server 2003 as dc.

Since the occurance is so random it's very hard to pin point the cause, hopefully someone has come accross this issue in the past.

A:Internet Access + Network Access drops for 10 seconds at random times

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-network-access-drops-for-10-seconds-at-random-times.1025789/
Relevancy 42.14%

Greetings All So one of my users got some malware and did the cleaning up himself Windows XP Sp He says it was antivirus not too big a deal so onwards Now though he is not accessing the internet He gets a good ip address and gateway can release renew can access network resources - also can get outlook emails pop access can Cant resources? but access outlook and Internet, getting network email But no internet access no pinging though it is resolving the ip even after a dnsflush I have run the normal gambit of programs to detect any more foul play but nothing has grabbed me According to the user he removed quite a few registry entries via CCleaner and HijckThis No reg backup though So I ran a windows repair just to see if I could bulldoze the settings back in or enough in anyways No go Cant access Internet, but outlook getting email and can access network resources? So here is my HT log does anyone have any ideas Many thanks Nate -------------Log----------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot Cant access Internet, but outlook getting email and can access network resources? mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC Cant access Internet, but outlook getting email and can access network resources? WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files Iomega REV System Software RevUDF exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Desktop Sidebar dsidebar exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system WBEM WMIADAP EXEC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeE HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http fileserv e news phpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Browser Defender BHO - A F D B- - FF -B - CCE E - C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dllO - BHO no name - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Idea SidebarBrowserMonitor Class - AD C- CE - -B -B AD A - C Program Files Desktop Sidebar sbhelp dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - Toolbar PC Tools Browser Guard - EA- A- B-ADF - D E CC - C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dllO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SIDEBAR quot C Program Files Desktop Sidebar dsidebar exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Extra context menu item Convert link ta... Read more

A:Cant access Internet, but outlook getting email and can access network resources?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296521/cant-access-internet-but-outlook-getting-email-and-can-access-network-resources/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello recently out of the blue my computer hasn t been able to connect to the internet I have a wireless laptop and wired xbox on the same router which can access the interet Here is a bit of my IPCONFIG Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon access router unidentified - Windows 7 network to and No Interet no Access E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - B- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f f a Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A- - - - - B- F- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Network adaptor is on automatic ip addressing I have uninstalled the bonjour service thinking that was the problem uninstalled installed and updated the network adaptor drivers and have reset the tcp ip stack none of these have worked I have tried a different cable in both a different ethernet port on my computer and a different ethernet port on my router Ive tried searching and finding a solution for two long days but have found no solution can anyone shine some light for me here and help me fix this nbsp

A:Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-unidentified-network-no-interet-access-and-no-access-to-router.960517/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I'm posting this here in an attempt to fix a problem access ok, safe access mode to network - is is internet ok Unable with a laptop with no internet access in normal windows mode I believe I've cleaned all viruses off but need independent verification Spybot S D and MB's AntiMalware both report a clean machine but again would like verification Here's the DDS log and the attach file is attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Reason at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton On-access scanning enabled Updated A F BC C-EA - - Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok C- C FW Norton enabled C A - A C- AD -A E - C FBF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Safari Safari exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Documents and Settings Reason Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp hotmail com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q suURLSearchHooks AOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dlluURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO e a - - d f-beae-d a c - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser NppBho dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO AOL Toolbar Launcher c - cb - a -b f - ea c f - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllTB AOL Toolbar de c f- - a - b-aa ed d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dllTB Show Norton Toolbar -f - -b -fbee c b df - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser UIBHO dllTB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program fi... Read more

A:Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231154/unable-to-access-internet-safe-mode-access-is-ok-network-is-ok/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello. I am after some help regarding installing some software called Pensions Profiler on a clients computer.

Firstly the computer - Windows XP Pro, all windows updates installed.

Pensions Profiler - Installed on their server but installed on each pc. Everyone's pc is fine except one. They have a mapped network drive linking them to the pensions profiler section of the server.

When installing, it does not get very far before displaying the following error.

Pensions Profiler Installer Information
Error 1606. Could not access network location CMNet\Network Path\.

I have checked the Microsoft site but nothing comes back into relation with "CMNet\Network Path\." part of the error.

Look forward to reading some replies.
All registry has been checked in relation to similar problems on the Microsoft support website and all registry entries appear to be fine. Error message attached as a pdf.

Thanks
Jason

A:Error 1606. Could not access network location CMNet\Network Path\.

If the installation file is an 'MSI' file (ie it uses the Microsoft Installer), this may help: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msi1606.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1606-could-not-access-network-location-cmnet-network-path.1061831/
Relevancy 41.71%

So i'm sure if i looked more id find this but im not entirely sure how to navigate this site...my computer was working fine, i was on the internet on wifi when my internet connection shut off and said no wifi connections available. there were other computers on in my house that were using the same connection, the box wasn't showing problems with the internet. I have checked to see if wifi was accidentally turned off. i have rebooted my computer several times. It started working again for a moment while i was trying to figure out what the problem was, but now its back to the same thing. I can connect as long as my ethernet cable is plugged in but i don't want to be tied to one spot. can someone please help me

A:no wifi access

can we see an xirrus screen shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/ or
if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wifi-access.1068656/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have no access to wifi on a HP pavilion G6 laptop with windows 10, the wifi light is on but if you click on wifi icon on the task bar it is greyed out and there are no available connections. Never had this one before.

Relevancy 41.71%

Have had this problem for awhile, when I first boot up I can access the network through my wifi router at home with it being the default gateway. After being up for maybe 5 minutes with network activity, I then time out trying to reach my default router and cannot access anything else.

I'll attach the files below. Note that the ark2 file is after running a full scan and the ark.txt was the initial scan. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 41.71%

I've freshly installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit on my system that previously had Ubuntu installed, and prior to ubuntu had win7 ultimate installed. With the fresh install of win7, I receive an unidentified network/no network access issue.

Heres a list of things ive tried:

- reset the network adapter
- restarted the modem and the router
- messed around with homegroup
- reset tcp/ip
- tried connecting to a specific ip/dns/default gateway (which i retrieved with a laptop)
- ip /release /renew although i wasnt successful

Ive tried almost every single thing I could find on google. Nothing works. I connect fine on ubuntu and I connected fine on ultimate.

I havent tried installing drivers though. Because I cannot access the internet on that machine to install those drivers. Help is much much appreciated as I am tired of ubuntu.

Thanks,

j

A:Fresh install of Win7 *unidentified network/no network access*

Welcome to the forums bietzshe,

I don't know much about 7 Enterprise, but I imagine you would need to install the Lan/Network drivers for your Motherboard.
Is your motherboard the P67 FTW? Do you have a driver CD for it? If not then you will need to head over to EVGA - EVGA Download Center find your motherboard from the drop down list and download and install the Network driver there.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292757-fresh-install-win7-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 41.71%

i recently bought a windows 7 home premium tablet with the intent of using it as a portable media player. for some reason i cannot connect to my media server's shared drive. the server is running windows xp and share permissions are configured properly. but any time i try to open the share on the tablet i get a the network password is incorrect. the thing is that i can remote desktop into the server using the same username an password. so please for the love of god fix this because my sanity relies on it.

mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426992/urgent-cant-access-network-drive-incorrect-network-password/
Relevancy 41.71%

hi guys so I have this weird problem that is driving me nuts since some weeks here's the thing at work we have a corporate set up with Win Professional everything is setup on a quot domain quot we all have Dell computers and we can connect either via cable or via wireless pretty standard these days anyway if I connect via cable and login everything works perfectly access Cannot over Network on Network Corporate Drives Wireless Shared I can see the local network shares and no problems at all Problems start to arise on wireless Here's the crazy scenario - if I start PC on cable with wifi turned off via hardware switch then say I undock the PC for going to a meeting room AND I turn on the wifi everything works fine I can see the network drives all good it crunches for a few moments when I load explorer the Cannot access Network Shared Drives over Corporate Network on Wireless first time and then he quot finds quot the network drives - if I decide to go back to my station turn off wifi re-dock the PC back to cable everything works fine BUT - if say I am on cable undock the pc put on the wifi and THEN I restart the PC when the computer boots win it takes some time at boot then I cannot access the network drives anymore they have the red X and it says quot connection cannot be restored quot or something like that internet browsing always works fine and I DONT do any login on wireless I think because it's on a quot domain quot setup that is tested times in a row basically if I don't give him the cable at boot I cannot see the network drives and also when it cannot detect correctly the network drives if I restart the laptop it literally gets stuck and I have to force a reset on cable it restarts in like seconds I also noticed that when I am on cable if I go to quot network quot then I see some of my colleague's computers there BUT if I am on wifi when I cannot access the network drives then I see just myself this would make sense in a way things I already tried that didn't change a thing - enable files and printer sharing check - check client for Microsoft networks - TCP IP gt advanced gt NetBIOS quot enable NetBIOS over TCP IP quot from default that was before - flush DNS - restart winsocks with the net something command sorry cant remember the syntax nothing seems to make a difference to complicate things some of my colleagues with older dell computers don't have any issue at all in fact they are always on wifi for me it's a personal choice I like to be on cable when at the desk faster connection overall and when I go to meeting rooms I use the wireless obviously but it's very annoying that I have to remember quot not to restart quot if I am in meeting room otherwise I cannot see the network drives where we have work stuff sorry for the rant help highly appreciated thanks Gabrio

A:Cannot access Network Shared Drives over Corporate Network on Wireless

What is the make/model of Wireless Access Point(s)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308581-cannot-access-network-shared-drives-over-corporate-network-wireless.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I use a Comcast broadband gateway, say that this network is called 'Home'.
Connected to the 'Home' LAN I have multiple PC's, a Wii, and a Linksys E2500 Router.
Connected to the Linksys routers LAN I have 1 PC and 1 network storage device. I would like to map a network drive from a PC on the 'Home' LAN to the storage device on the Linksys router LAN.
The PC on the Linksys LAN is mapped just fine to the storage device because it's on the same LAN, I cant seem to connect anything from my 'Home' LAN to my Linksys LAN. Is it possible to do this type of mapping?
Both PCs use Windows 7.

roadmaster

A:How can I Access a Child Network From a Parent Network in Win7 64bit

Why did you add a second "router" (i.e. the E2500)? You describe only a PC and NAS connected to it, which I assume are both wired-connected to the E2500. Doesn't sound like you need any of the wireless capabilities of the E2500.

What you really should have done is get a "switch", not a router, to satisfy your needs to connect that PC and NAS. A switch has none of the firewall and security features that a router has. It's simply a "port-multiplier" which has one upstream connection port (say to a wired port on your primary Comcast gateway, i.e. modem + router combined), same as your E2500 is currently connected through its WAN port to your Comast router. The switch also has an additional number of downstream ports, to allow devices in its physical vicinity to be wired-connected, same as your router did. So to the downstream wired devices currently connected to your E2500 the "switch" device looks identical, and provides the identical access to the Internet.

But the switch will provide unblocked access to all other devices on the primary LAN hosted by itself as well as by the Comcast router. And it will also provide unblocked access to all downstream devices, to any upstream device (like your first computer). Everything connected through the switch appears identical to how it would look if connected directly to the primary router, and access between ALL devices is now possible and unrestricted by firewalls and security (since there's no second router involved).

The net effect is to provide wired connection of all the downstream devices to the primary router, as if they each had their own individual wired connection to the primary router. But they don't each have their own wired connection obviously, they're simply sharing the one upstream connection from switch to router, splitting the bandwidth (of that one upstream connection) as needed whenever they need to.

So, using a simple inexpensive reliable "gigabit switch" such as the Netgear GS105 instead of your E2500, you would connect the same cable between the Comcast router and your current E2500 to one of the ports on the GS105. Then you'd connect your second PC and the NAS to two more ports on the GS105. Bingo, presto, the second PC and NAS are now part of the primary Comcast LAN's attached devices, exactly as if they had been connected directly to one of the wired ports on the Comcast box.

That's my suggestion. A home LAN with two or more routers isn't "friendly" because of the firewall and security issues (which can be disabled, but really shouldn't come into play at all). You simply want the "port-multiplying" function of a "switch" at the remote room locations around your house, to provide additional wired Internet connectivity (say to smart TV's and players) where you have only one ethernet cable run to that room.

The multiplexing effect of a switch provides no greater than the upstream maximum speed to any of its downstream connected devices, but as long as they're not all working at the same time you might as well have full speed to each downstream device. Otherwise, they will "share" the upstream bandwidth.
NOTE: if you actually do need wireless capability in the neighborhood vicinity of that GS105 switch (which itself only has wired capability) because the wireless range of your primary Comcast WiFi router doesn't reach far enough with sufficient connection quality and speed, you can add an inexpensive "wireless access point (WAP)". This is another form of "switch" which includes both wired and wireless capability (like a WiFi router). The wireless network radiating around the WAP is a SECOND wireless network in your house, and is facilitated by the wired connection between the WAP and the primary router.

If you need this (i.e. remote WiFi to areas of the house where the primary WiFi network can't get to), we can talk more about it. But th... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/355300-how-can-i-access-child-network-parent-network-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have had my laptop for around a year and a half now, I've never had one single issue. I moved into a new house in August with 4 different roommates, we all have windows computers, tablets, xboxs phones ect.. For 3 months my computer worked 100 percent never had an issue with the internet, and then all of a sudden I tried to connect and it won't connect to the wireless router at my house. Nothing has changed same router, same computer, same connection ect. I have tried everything, theres no itunes, no adobe, I have tried disabling ipc6 and it randomly will reconnect. Its entirely randomly, when I returned from winter break no one was home then it stopped working again randomly and stopped any help would be appreciated.

A:Unidentified network access No internet access in windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by imthebest

I have had my laptop for around a year and a half now, I've never had one single issue. I moved into a new house in August with 4 different roommates, we all have windows computers, tablets, xboxs phones ect.. For 3 months my computer worked 100 percent never had an issue with the internet, and then all of a sudden I tried to connect and it won't connect to the wireless router at my house. Nothing has changed same router, same computer, same connection ect. I have tried everything, theres no itunes, no adobe, I have tried disabling ipc6 and it randomly will reconnect. Its entirely randomly, when I returned from winter break no one was home then it stopped working again randomly and stopped any help would be appreciated.

It's difficult if not impossible to nail this reoccurring problem down to any one thing as there are many possible causes and solutions.

Many of the solutions are covered in the link below, the comments show many other possible solutions that may help. I would read them all carefully and see if one of the solutions applies in your case.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318820-unidentified-network-access-no-internet-access-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I tried to find a relevant thread but no luck..

I have a small network at home that consists of 2 laptops in the same workgroup accessing the cable modem/gateway wirelessly and 1 desktop in a different workgroup accessing via ethernet cable.

The laptops have printer and file sharing enabled so that my wife and I can share files....duh

My daughter uses the desktop exclusively and I want her to have internet connectivity (which she currently does) but I don't want her having any access to the laptops.

Will this setup prevent infection of the other 2 machines if she gets a virus/spyware or otherwise downloads something unsavory?

I don't know if it matters but we also have a network printer with a static IP that we all can access.

Thank you for your help

Relevancy 41.28%

hi bro, I have 2 pcs enable with two pci d-link dw510 desktop wireless adaptors, well i could able to connect two pcs and make lan and if one pc has internet of ethernet or some usb modem source i could able to share it to other, you understood me? any other source (must be rj45 or usb). My friend stays beside my house where he uses some wireless modem and lucky i could able to use his net comfortably with his permission using my pcs pci wireless adaptor(so my wireless adaptor is already engaged), my request is how shall i share or forward my first pc's net(already using wireless modem ) to another computer(since my 2nd pc doesn't sees my friends network[wireless modem])? please suggest me. help me solving this issue.

advanced thanks
sandy

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have just updated Windows 7 in my DELL Vostro but now i cannot see any wifi network available and i have not the option in network communication devices at Control Panel.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a69d930-54d7-4f56-846b-c29bd9364abf/wifi-network-not-available?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 41.28%

I am developing a 27,000 foot apartment building. I want them all to have internet access. Pricing isnt much of an issue but I would here all my options.

Relevancy 41.28%

We cannot connect to the wireless network when using 802.1x radius authentication after Windows10 november update. Do you have any idea for this situation? Thanks

Nexus 5 cihaz?mdan Tapatalk kullan?larak gönderildi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/802-1x-wifi-network.1160778/
Relevancy 41.28%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows help wifi network no SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXEC PROGRAM FILES MYSOFTWARE MYINVOICES TRACKER EXEC PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXEC PROGRAM FILES AWS WEATHERBUG WEATHER EXEC WINDOWS RunDLL exeC PROGRAM FILES PARSONS TECHNOLOGY SCREEN SHOT SSHOT EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MYSOFTWARE NEWSFLSH EXEC PROGRAM FILES U S ROBOTICS G WLAN USRWLANG EXEC help no network wifi WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEF USRSETUP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXEO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLLO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG avgcc exe startupO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Tracker C Program Files MySoftware MyInvoices tracker exeO - HKLM Run eDonkey quot C PROGRAM FILES EDONKEY EDONKEY EXE quot -tO - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Weather C PROGRAM FILES AWS WEATHERBUG WEATHER EXE O - HKCU Run Taskbar Display Controls RunDLL deskcp dll QUICKRES RUNDLLENTRYO - Startup Screen Shot lnk C Program Files Parsons Technology Screen Shot Sshot exeO - Startup MySoftware NewsFlash lnk C Program Files Common Files MySoftware NewsFlsh exeO - Startup U S Robotics g Wireless Network Utility lnk C Program Files U S Robotics g WLAN USRWLANG exeO - Extra context menu item Shorten URL - http www cjb net menuext htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmtrans htmlO - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLLO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLLO - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl activex EP ol v - - - cabO - DPF F D C -DB - CF- ECA- C FD C ActiveCGM Control - file C Program Files InterCAP ActiveCGM ActiveX Acgm cabO - DPF Tornado - http download games yahoo com games clients y t t x cabO - DPF DigiChat Applet - http digichat DigiClasses Client IE cab

A:help no network wifi

This log looks clean to me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5438/help-no-network-wifi/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I have a laptop with w pro with which I can connect to work using vpn either using lan or wifi from anywhere I want vpn using network wifi I also installed a laptop with w with vpn installed the same as with w Using lan I can connect to the network at work and do all I want to do but using wifi at home or anywhere else it sometimes connects eventually but mostly it doesn't and if it does connect I'm not able to see any of the servers in the network not even on ip address vpn using wifi network The internet connection with wifi is sometimes shown as limited even while it belongs to a private network Did some research on the internet and found that with w there were some problems reported with vpn which resulted in a hotfix from microsoft Bit anxious to apply because it was related to not Anyone have any clue or suggestions I would be obliged Regards Klaas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/vpn-using-wifi-network-914594.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I'm with Cogeco cable ISP and would like to use a wireless router. Cogeco tells me that they do not support wireless routers although a cable technician told me that D-Link WiFi routers work and LinkSys ones don't,

Can anybody tell me which wireless routers work with Cogeco?
and Where I can purchase one?

Thanks

A:WiFi Network

I suspect that almost any standard name brand router will work. There's nothing unique about their service, I suspect the tech just liked D-Link.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network.571789/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, im having trouble with my wifi. The day before it works fine but then the next day i turned on my Vaio laptop and it says Limited Access to my home wifi. I tried connecting to other wifi but same thing. I tried resetting the router, disabling and enabling the wireless connection but all didnt work. I tried connecting it with the cable directly still cannot connect. Finally i did a system restore to the day before where its working fine, it worked. The next day it says Limited Access again! So im guessing 'something' made my wifi error after that 1 day and i dont know what to do.. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Wifi has limited access

Something i noticed : after i use system restore, the problem happens on the next startup of windows( since i use my laptop all day the problem happens the next day) and also i tried updating my wireless driver but it worsens the problem from Limited access to unable to detect any wifi nearby.. please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255732-wifi-has-limited-access.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Dell Latitude E5430 trying to connect to wifi but saying limited access.  Can see all wifi connections ok but just cant connect.  When the Ethernet cable is connect the lights flash but no internet connection is available.  The IP address is 169.254.104.158, which is the AIPIA address.  When I try and do a ipconfig /release I get an error message  RPC services is unavailable, I have checked this in the services and it is running ok.

A:Wifi limited access

Please run THIS   Place a tick in all boxes EXCEPT "change to Google DNS".....and "Clear hosts File"

then Click on Run All Selected

Let me know the outcome

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551482/wifi-limited-access/
Relevancy 41.28%

the wifi connection can be detected though i cant connect to the internet it says no internet access here s my ip config Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users thupak gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name thupak-PC Primary Dns access wifi Solved: cant Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List private PPP adapter Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadband Connection Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: cant access wifi Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E- D- - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adap ter Physical Address -CF- - -EE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc f f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- - - - D- - A- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Solved: cant access wifi Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -F - D-AA-A - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific Solved: cant access wifi DNS Suffix private Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - D- - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc e a a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- - - - D- - A- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap -D F- B-ABDF- C A AE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC A- B- EC -B B-CDA FEB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d e f Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d e f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Me... Read more

Relevancy 41.28%

Ok so I m completely stumped on this one and hoping someone can point me in the right direction The story so far I have to try and connect DVR security cameras to the internet so the shop owner can spy on his employees and make sure they don t slack off All the camera work is done and i ve set these up before so no dramas there For this shop however where the DVR s had WiFi Access a Bridge Getting through to be placed is no where near the networking stuff and running a ethernet cable would have been impossible freaking expensive so I ve gone with a Getting Access through a WiFi Bridge wireless bridge to save about billion hours of cabling work The VPN Getting Access through a WiFi Bridge Firewall Getting Access through a WiFi Bridge system is a Sonicwall TZ the first Wifi Bridge is a TP-Link WA RE and the second one is an Edimax something or other The problem is that I can t get any internet access from the DVR side of the bridge I can ping everything firewall computers printers if i set static ip s but no internet no DHCP When i connect a laptop to the TZ BAM DHCP internet no issues at ALL At first i though maybe the bridge was just refusing the Broadcast packets but I can ping everything and the arp table shows it can connect through the bridge to computers router but not through the router to the internet The Static IP settings network address gateway DNS are the same as what s configured on the POS terminals All other DHCP settings are turned off so only the TZ should be broadcasting anything Also just to make it fun I can t directly set the WAP to use the wifi on the modem as the quot lovely quot person who set it up set it to bridge mode and the VPN Firewall handles the PPPoE settings Not something I want to mess with included is a very poorly drawn diagram to help visualize what I have set up Has anyone run into a problem such as this or at least have an idea of what could be going wrong nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-access-through-a-wifi-bridge.1141474/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a modem/router that let's me access internet in a laptop or cellphone through wifi but in PC connected directly to network there seems to be a DNS issue or something that loads a page 1 out of 100 times and getting worse every day until no page will load for hours or take a huge time to load. Tried a lot of methods but none made a difference. flushdns and other commands, winsockspfix, edited and changed registry keys winsock and winsock2 with ''correct" ones. Rebooted modem but issue is on PC only and perfect on wifi as a matter of fact i'm on the Wifi connection at this time. Im new at techguy so sorry if there is any mistake with this post.

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,
I use a Belkin wireless router in my home, and my teenage son just obtained a netbook running Windows CE with wifi. How can I allow temporary access to our wifi network without storing the password in his computer and allowing him to get on the web anytime he wants? We have had past issues with internet conduct and I want to be careful.

Thanks,
I.S.

Relevancy 41.28%

hi, recently, i just changed my laptop's OS to Windows 8 from Vista. My laptop is Compaq Presario F700 and it was originally Vista. But somehow, my laptop cannot access WiFi anymore so right now im using our PC. Also, when i go to PC Settings-->Wireless it says that "No wireless devices are available". I tried downloading a wireless LAN driver in this site: [Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 8 | HP? Support] since Compaq is also from the Hewlett-Packard Company(hp).
but after installing it, nothing changed. what should i do? i don't know much about computers so if there are infos you want to know, just ask me since i don't know what infos i should provide.
thanks in advance though. ^^

A:My Laptop cannot access WiFi

Is the wifi switch on? do you see an image of an antenna lit up in blue?

If not look for a button or switch that says wifi or has an image of an antenna..

And turn it on..

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/25150-my-laptop-cannot-access-wifi.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Okay. I'm looking into going from DSL to cable for Internet. I have always had DSL so I am not sure what to expect with cable.
Charter is asking a $40 fee for "activating" wireless. Normally, I don't order wireless from my providers and just hook up my own router.
Am I missing something? Is this just a scam to get non tech people to pay more money to hook up a router? Or does Charter have a special modem/router that must be used, hence the fee?
They also charge a $5/month wifi fee.
I don't want to say no to the wifi and try using my own router only to find out it doesn't work.
Does anyone have experience with this?

A:Charter and wifi access

I don't have Charter but am sure it's the same deal as with other cable (and DSL) companies--pay $40 plus $5/mo. for their wireless router or modem/router or use your own for cost of router plus $0/mo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/charter-and-wifi-access.1134361/
Relevancy 41.28%

New Dell laptop w/Windows 8 OS. Cannot access wifi in local café.
At network & sharing center - Access Type: No Internet Access - Getting full signal
Have McAfee Antivirus Plus installed
Had this problem before and completely uninstalled/reinstalled McAfee. Problem was solved temporarily. Need help. Troubleshoot Problems did not work.

Relevancy 41.28%

My wireless connection is working, I even have packets sent and received, but Internet explorer "cannot find server or DNS error". Do you know what happens, and can you help me to solve this problem?

A:WiFi, but not Internet access

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-but-not-internet-access.582486/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am not able to access wifi on my laptop. But when I connect the ethernet cable, I am able to access the internet on my laptop. when I tried "ipconfig" on my laptops command prompt, I am getting a message called "media disconnect". Can you please help me with this? My os is:win 8.1

But I am able to connect other devices to my wifi.

I have attached the screen shots for your reference.

Relevancy 41.28%

I have an Acer Laptop with Vista basic. When accessing the internet at a hotspot such as Williams Coffee pubs where no password is needed I can get onto the Net without problems.
Whenever I come across a wifi connection at a hotel where a password is needed I cannot access the connection for some reason. Any ideas?

A:WiFi access with password

you will need the ssid and the password in order to access hotels wifi. you need to check with the specific hotel for specific instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-access-with-password-494651.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, I am facing wifi problem, sometimes it disconnects suddenly, specially show limited access, I am depending on windows given driver, but that's not enough at all, it disconnects frequenly, even there is no driver for my model!!!! in this case what can I do, any possible solution please,why there is no universal driver?? and one more thing give any possible solution,cause I can't switch back to windows 7 only for wifi :3, it's so frustrating

A:Limited access of wifi

Hello @HridoyBD, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to assist you! First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Limited-access-of-wifi/td-p/5590863
Relevancy 41.28%

Im thinking of buying psp for wifi purpose but my mum asked me it will be handy if psp had keyboard or do u recommend the other product to meet the requirement somehow smaller

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psp-have-keyboard-for-wifi-access.702465/
Relevancy 41.28%

Is this possible? I mean to access another computers dektop or folders through WiFi from another computer?

Relevancy 41.28%

So im in a region with multiple access points that all have the SAME name ..
But at various times only 1 specific one has the Internet on it..

Id like to know of a way to lock my wireless card to that specific one at times.. instead of it jumping to the others without the internet..

Whether by a program that allows me to connect to a specific MAC address or something..

Tnx in adv.

A:WiFi Access Points with Same Name

Your wireless setup can include MAC addressing in the security part
But having all computers with the same name may cause conflicts, unless they are physically unplugged from the Network

Ideally have unique names setup (and include MAC address)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-access-points-with-same-name.115043/