Windows Support Forum

Cannot print to network printer

Q: Cannot print to network printer

I can no longer print to my wifi network printer. When I try to print I get a message on my monitor that says "Unable to Communicate with Printer". When I check the printer in Control Panel there is a yellow triangle on this printer. This printer is named HP Officejet Pro 8600 (Network). When I run the trouble shooter it says I should make printer Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8600 (Network) the default printer but I don't see the Fax = Hp Officejet Pro 8600 (Network) printer. No Fax before the rest of the description. Would this be the same printer?
I have Windows 7 on my computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-print-to-network-printer.1156283/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot print to network printer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.65%

hi all

sony vaio pc desktop pcvrs620 g, dell A940 all in one printer (wired to sony desktop) and a toshiba satellite laptop connnected through a wireless linksys router to the network...
all xp sp2

here's the trouble. we want to be able to share this printer, but right now cannot make the laptop print on the wired printer. of course it will print if i connect the usb cable, but i want to be ablet to print wirelessly.

have done "share this printer" on the wired pc
when i try to add the drivers /install the printer on the laptop it wants me to connect the laptop to the printer...i am not sure that i want to establish this connection since my ultimate goal is wireless printing...

ok? thanks!!

sorry, edited, i am posting this question in the more appropriate "networking" forum...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-solving-a-wireless-network-network-printer-wont-print.614708/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,
One domain user recently can't see network drives and use printer. When you join a domain it automatically maps those drives and ads that printer, and it did, but now it is all gone. You can't even see disconnected drives in My computer. I am able to ping
those drives, but that's it. And this occurs only on one computer on one user. If log in to different user on that computer everything is fine and if I log in with that user on different computer it also works. Tried looking for disabled services, but couldn't
any that would be turned off from the most important (Workstation, Network location awareness, Network list service). Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cfdf0bb8-f959-472b-90da-7dbe588fa0ed/domain-user-cant-map-network-drives-and-print-on-network-printer?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok before I begin explaining I am novice when it come s to these problems So what Printer print please help! Network not does happened was recently I reset the modem to it s factory settings However in doing so I believe I might have done something that prevents the network printers to print The printer EPSON SX W Series is connected to the old computer plugged in The other laptops were not connected Network Printer does not print please help! to the printer and would print as wireless However now only the old computer prints directly to the printer the other laptops fail to print it says that the laptop has the EPSON Network Printer does not print please help! printer as it s default printer yet Network Printer does not print please help! when ever I try to print an exclamation mark in yellow triangle appears on the icon in the control panel gt printer section Troubleshoot does not fix the problem either The other problem is I can t remember how this was set up as my dad did it and he will kill me if I don t fix it back Also the old computer is different to the laptops Old computer has Windows XP and the laptops are vista I tried to solve the problem but I failed now I need help PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Network Printer does not print please help!

I reset the modem to it's factory settings.Click to expand...

The "modem" is a modem/wireless router combination unit? Had it been using a non-default IP address subnet?

It may be easier to just delete the printers from the remote computers and set up file and printer sharing as if doing for the first time rather than trying to trouble shoot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-does-not-print-please-help.1032132/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a samsung ML-1710 connected to some network attached storage. I was running win7 x32 but installed x64. Since then I can't get anything to print. I've downloaded and installed their universal printer driver and windows can detect the printer when asked to add one. Everything seems fine beyond the fact that it won't print. My wife's laptop works fine with it...

ms

A:Network printer won't print

Have you installed the Samsung ML-1710 64 bit driver/software from Samsungs website....that's were I would start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/256929-network-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 64.5%

On Windows 7 at work and my computer is about 1 of 7, it was previously the older version of windows however it crashed then once turned back on it was miraculously windows 7. strange.

anyway, i was able to print to all printers before this happened. now I can only print to one printer.

I have attempted to look for the printer using the search for printer on the control panel, attempted to install the driver from the website and nothing works. all other computers can print to this computer except mine. also checked the firewall settings which seem to be fine too.

does anyone have any idea whats wrong with this?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-print-to-network-printer.1053408/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guys,

I have 3 PCs and an HP Deskjet 6980 (networkable) printer attached to a switch on my LAN. Two of the PC's print fine to the printer, but the third one get's the following message:

"The print spooler was unable to connect to your pinter. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block access to your local network."

The problem pc is connected to the network with no problems and to the internet, so there is no "cable" problem, and I have disabled his Norton System Works firewall to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what to try next. Thanks!

Gary in Michigan

Relevancy 64.5%

I am able to add a network printer to my laptop using a wireless homegroup; however, when I send a test page, nothing happens at the printer. The printer is attached to a desktop in another room. Both the laptop & the desktop use Windows 7. The system worked OK when the laptop used Windows 7 & the dektop had Vista. Did I miss a step at the desktop printer end, or is the problem at the remote laptop side? Here are the steps I used to install the printer at the laptop:

<Start>, <Control Panel>, <Add a printer>, <Add a network, wireless printer>, <\\Donald-PC\HP Photosmart C5100 series>, <Next>, <Install driver>, <Next>, <Print a test page>.

Please help. Thanks.

A:Network printer won't print

What does this look like on both PCs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/81051-network-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I Have a Lanier business printer connect to a modem/router acting as a bridge point that wirelessly connects back to a Dlink DSL2740B modem/router. My problem is that every time I turn the modem of I have to keep setting this connection up again, this never use to happen till I change my ISP last week. I managed to get connection back to the bridge point but can't print to printer, something wrong with ip address I Think/maybe
Regards Troy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-print-to-network-printer.1122983/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi. I'm trying to get my HP Laserjet to print using a second computer that is linked with mine via a Motorola router that I use for my Vonage line. The main computer prints fine so I know the computer works. When I go to the second computer (which has all the drivers installed) and I choose the correct choice of printer from the dropdown, making sure the main one is on, nothing happens in terms of the printer.

When I go into the printers and faxes in the control panel (on the main computer) I see the job but it says: Remote download document under "Document Name" but nothing under status. Under "Owner" is guest. The time submitted is correct so I know the computers are communicating but they are not allowing me to print from the second computer.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Thanks,
Hollywood Howie

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guys,

I have 3 PCs and an HP Deskjet 6980 (networkable) printer attached to a switch on my LAN. Two of the PC's print fine to the printer, but the third one get's the following message:

"The print spooler was unable to connect to your pinter. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block access to your local network."
The problem pc is connected to the network with no problems and to the internet, so there is no "cable" problem, and I have disabled his Norton System Works firewall to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what to try next. Thanks!

Gary in Michigan

Relevancy 64.5%

I have installed a HP office jet 6700 on my network my laptop Win7 X 32 can see the printer and print. However when I tried to install the printer on my wife's laptop I cannot get it to connect at all. The printer can be seen on the network however why I try to print nothing goes to queue. I have check spooler service and it is on.
We use to have an old HP photosmart but it stopped working. I bought a HP5510 and had the same problem now I have same issue with the HP6700 and off course HP support cannot explain why this is happening.

I need help bad on this one.

A:Cannot print with printer on network

Are both computers running Windows 7? Are both computers on the same workgroup? Is this computer actually connected to your switch/router, or is it connected to one computer and then shared?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242061-cannot-print-printer-network.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok I'm stummped I have a Dell A Printer hooked up to my Desktop vista Ultimate x wired via USB I also have an HP Desktop XP-SP hooked up to my network wired and a HP Laptop XP-SP Wireless also hooked up to my network I can see all on all computers I also can print from my vista desktop to my Dell as well as print from the HP desktop to the Dell However I can't print from my wireless laptop at all I keep getting quot Deleting file quot in printer status I have ran the troubleshooter and no help I have no firewalls on except for windows I have just done a clean install of the OS on both my desktop and laptop any ideas recap Desktop Vista Ultimate x Main Computer-always on Desktop XP SP on when needed Laptop XP SP on when needed Printer Dell A- always on Desktop and Laptop can all network no problems Desktop can print to Desktop and vice a versa as Desktop has it's own printer-I did this for troubleshooting purposes laptop cannot print to Desktop but I can print to Desktop Thanks for your help in advance

A:Cannot print to a network printer

Originally Posted by Homeuser

However, I can't print from my wireless laptop at all..I keep getting "Deleting file" in printer status...I have ran the troubleshooter and no help...I have no firewalls on except for windows..I have just done a clean install of the OS on both my desktop and laptop...any ideas?

laptop cannot print to Desktop 1 but I can print to Desktop 2

Try this:

- In Desktop-1, get the network name and printer name.
- On your laptop, install the driver for the printer on desktop-1. Assuming it is a USB connected printer, you will probably need to connect it to your laptop temporarily to do this.
- Control Panel > Printer and Faxes > right click the icon for the printer > Properties.
- In the properties window click Ports > Add Port.
- In the Printer Ports window click Local Port.
- In the Port Name window enter \\Desktop-1-Name\Printer-name and click OK. These are the names you got in the first step.
- Port Name window closes. Close the Printer Ports window.
- In the properties window for the printer > Ports tab, scroll down to the bottom and you should see an entry like \\Desktop-1-Name\Printer-name Local Port". Check the box for that line. This is very important.
- Do a test print from Notepad. There should be an entry for the printer on Desktop-1 but it will not say "Local Port". Hopefully you will now be able to print to that printer.

Good Luck,
Sky

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/237710-cannot-print-network-printer.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My new Windows 7 computer will not print to my network printer. It's connected to my wife's XP computer with an ethernet cable. My old XP computer had a wireless card and worked fine with our network printer, so the problem is probably something I need to do with my new Win 7 computer.

My new computer has wireless access to email and the Internet via her router, so I know my USB wireless adapter is OK and connected to our network. And I made sure her computer is on.

When I try to add a printer, the wizard does not find the printer on the network, and I have no idea how to find the TCP address to do it manually.

Should I load the drivers for our printer onto my Windows 7 computer? Or what? Thanks for any help coming my way...

Bill

A:Cannot Print to Network Printer

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Check these links carefully, which show you how to share a printer between a Windows XP and a Windows 7 computer.

File Sharing - Between XP and W7 (and vice versa)

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185721-cannot-print-network-printer.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My networked Brother HL-2070N will print over USB but suddenly not over the network. Ethernet status lights look good, status page from the printer shows it connected to the router and it has an IP address. Everything appears to be connected and working but no documents will print. No settings have been changed on anything. All equipment has been unplugged/restarted, all (current) drivers have been reinstalled, and I've tried multiple ports on the router. When I reinstalled the print driver it found the printer on the network but it still will not print anything unless I plug in a USB cable. This happens on all computers on the network. Looks like the Ethernet controller is hosed. Is it time for a new printer or is there something I'm missing here?

Relevancy 63.64%

Ok so I have a Printer that needs to be able to print from my laptop ANYWHERE. Basically my printer is at my office, and I'm trying to print anything from my laptop even if I'm on the other side of the world.

I know this takes a lot of networking setup, as far as IP setup, and perhaps theirs maybe some softwares/programs that are able to do that? Having to communicate the PC and Printer as they are both on the network somehow.

So can anyone help me with this? Any guides? Tutorials?

A:Network Printer Setup (Print from ANYWHERE)

Try using Dropbox

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-printer-setup-print-from-anywhere-609064.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I've been looking for an answer to my problem all day and have yet to find any help.
I thought I'd figure this out before upgrading to Windows 10.
The issue: I am trying to print from my laptop computer, which is running 8.1 Pro, via wifi to a network printer.
The printer is connected by USB to my main computer which is running 7 Pro. All print and file sharing is turned on.
The printer is shown as being connected on my laptop and I can access files, pictures, etc. on the network.
But it won't print anything. It appears it is printing but nothing happens.
Another computer, also running 7 Pro, can print just fine but it is a wired connection.
I know it's probably something simple but I'm stumped.
Any help would be appreciated!

A:Cannot print to shared printer network

Most likely the Print Server on the Windows 7 computer is screwed up. You would be better to get a Print Server that is compatible for your printer, to place it on the network, vs using another computer as sharing.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69529-cannot-print-shared-printer-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I get shared printer print! Cant network to have pc s One xp pro with epson printer connected via usb and the other wireless laptop connected over us robotics router File sharing is working perfectly and can access all the shared folders on both machines The printer is shared on the main pc and i can see it and connect to it from the laptop Cant get shared network printer to print! The problem is when i print from the laptop it spools Cant get shared network printer to print! it to the print que of the printer and says quot printing quot but then just sits there eventually on the laptop i get an error saying printer is Cant get shared network printer to print! not responding I have downloaded the latest epson drivers to the laptop and verified they are working by connecting the printer directly to it no problems there im at a loss now what i can try to get this working oh yes should also mention ive uninstalled all software firewalls on both machines to see if this made any difference which it didnt please help nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello All,

This is my first Post on this forum and i would like to ask for help on an irritating issue of a network printer.

I am a system administrator in Thomas Cook Goa location and in one of our branch there is a shared printer on a
particular hostname. Now here's the problem ...

All sharing ralated settings have been done in the Antivirus and firewall to which the printer is connected to.
the other computers can ping this PC, but when i try to type \\follewed by hostname or ip address I get an error message
saying that i do not have permissions to access the location.

The printer sharing pc was on win 7 and the other was on XP so i installed win 7 on the other pc also but still no luck...

Any advice??

Thanx in advance

Relevancy 63.64%

I m running Windows XP on Selective But Printer It's Print - Won't Network a Toshiba Tecra A Network Printer Won't Print - But It's Selective Laptop computer that is hooked up to a one-way network with an Intel Pentium desktop PC also running XP By one-way I mean that the desktop can access the laptop but not vice versa This is a whole other problem and I m not going to ask about it because we re okay with this set up for now However we both want to use the same printer which is an HP OfficeJet L All-in-One printer So I installed the drivers onto the laptop connected the printer to the laptop via USB and set up the desktop to default to that printer through the laptop connection While I was in the office yesterday the desktop was able to print to the printer When I left for the day I left the laptop on so the desktop could still print but it didn t The user of the desktop said there was no error message at all it just did nothing However when I came in again this morning and quot woke up quot the laptop it began to print just fine again Now it doesn t make much sense to me that any network connection through the laptop would simply not work just because the laptop is in sleep mode but it s the only thing I can think of Please help Edit by the way we ve gone through the quot usual quot stuff restarting both computers turning everything off and back on again and unplugging then reconnecting everything it didn t seem to have an effect nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-wont-print-but-its-selective.725117/
Relevancy 63.64%

My wife has a work laptop that she uses to connect to the internet and she can only do this through her work VPN.

I have a windows 7 desktop and can connect fine to a wireless HP 6500A Plus wireless printer on the same home network that my computer is connected to. So my computer prints wirelessly just fine.

She needs to print onto this same printer. We just spent 2 hours on the phone with a tech support guy from her work and we can't get it.

I'm computer savvy but not familiar with VPN's at all. How do we get her laptop, connected through VPN, to connect to the printer on my home wireless network.

Also, she accesses the VPN through my home network.

Relevancy 63.64%

Both computers are XP. Computer 2 used to be able to print through network. After installing McAfee, he uninstalled the printer by mistake. Since then, we have uninstalled McAfee and gone back to free AVG . Now we can't get it connected to the network printer. When we go into printers, there is no printer installed, and we can't find it when we try to find a network printer/browse. All that shows up is to chose from is Microsoft Windows Network. No printer. Then when we type the name of the server computer and the name of the server printer, it says no again. Can anyone help us.

A:Computer can't print through network printer

Check the system with the printer installed and see if it's still shared properly. Does the printer show up in Network Places for the computer that it's connected to? That will indicate whether it's shared or not.

Can you ping by computer name both ways between the computers? Did you use the McAfee Removal Tool to totally remove any traces of it?
Let's see this for each of the computers.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cant-print-through-network-printer.961058/
Relevancy 63.64%

I use my NEC Versa E6200 laptop at the office. We use a network printer, HP LaserJet 1010, to print documents. I don't know if it's because of my newly installed Norton 360, or the fact that another person on this forum asked me to uncheck some start-up programs, but now I can't print from my computer, even though the folder shows that the printer is selected. How do I get my computer to be able to print again?

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

I have a new home PC and ethernet-ready printer. (HP 6940)
I have my home PC connected via ethernet cable to my wireles router. (Linksys G)
I also have the printer connected to the router via Ethernet.
I can print OK from my home PC.

My wireless laptop has all the printer drivers installed, and has connectivity to the printer. (The laptop checked for and correctly identified the printer on the network during installation)

When I try and print, after a short timeout, I get a message stating that the print job did not complete, and one of the possible causes is loss of power, printer unplugged, or I'm on a Virtual Private Network (VPN)

I disabled the VPN on my laptop and it still doesn't work, I get the same message.
I checked the router settings, all seemed OK

Any suggestions for me?

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Gateway tower running Windows 7 Home Premium with an Epson printer direct connected via USB. I also run an HP laptop running Vista Home Premium. I have a Netgear RangeMax router. Sharing is activated for printers on the Gateway. The HP can access the internet. The HP can see the Gateway. But the printer is not there. When I try to add a printer on the HP it finds none.

That's the major problem, I would love to be able to print from the laptop.

The second issue is watching a video on the HP is painful, constantly pausing as it buffers the video. I purposely bought the Netgear so we wouldn't have that issue and there are only the two computers on it.

Thanks for any help, particularly with the printing issue.

bob

Relevancy 63.64%

How can I print to a remote IPP enabled printer on the internet in Windows 7? This printer is outside my LAN.
I tried enabling it through the Add a Printer but it does not work.
First of all, is this even possible i.e connecting to a printer over the internet using IPP/IPPS with the IP address of the printer. Using something like https://printer's IP address/ipp

Secondly, if it is possible then how to do it?

Thanks
Pushkar.

A:How to print using a printer over the Internet outside my network

Internet Printing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324318-how-print-using-printer-over-internet-outside-my-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am not able to print in program(ie works, notepad ect.) to my network printer. The printer is a Kodak ESP 5250 connected via usb to my desktop cpu. Desktop is hp running win vista, laptop is an hp running win7. All printer sharing is enabled. I have another laptop( aser) running win7, it's hooked up the same way and it prints just fine. Here's the tricky part, I can get my hp laptop to print a test page from within the kodak program, but it won't print from within any other program. It acts like it spooled but then nothing come out. thanks

A:cannot print from network printer on win 7 laptop

When you send a print to the remote printer from within e.g. works, does it appear in the print queue of the printer but doesn't print or does it not show up at all ? Is everything wireless ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275494-cannot-print-network-printer-win-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 63.64%

In my office is print server PN with LPT ports And there are connected printers - as I sed HP LaserJet series and HP color LaserJet printer such do LaserJet print HP Network not Printer a big box I have installed PSAdmin P PrintServ A and installed printer software and drivers But it does not print enything I got this error http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Network Printer HP LaserJet do not print Printeris error Network Printer HP LaserJet do not print jpg My PSAdmin is configured so http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg There is one strange Network Printer HP LaserJet do not print thing There is one copmuter with Windows se and it print everything I am disapointed because settings are identical In my computer is WinXP sp I would be glad if you can help me Some timo ago all works perfectly bet on priday all stops working Such a pity nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-hp-laserjet-do-not-print.369204/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello All for the last little while I been struggling to print from my Vista HP Laptop to my Printer on Network to to Printer Vista from How Print XP Brother MFC The printer is connect to my XP Desktop Service Pack and How to Print to Network Printer on XP from Vista is configured to be network shared I found this post to be helpful in almost overcoming my issues http forums techguy org windows-vista -print-vista-laptop-shared-printer html However it was missing one detail which I figured out and will now share with you In addition to the steps below from original post I needed to change the Port of the XP Printer from a Bidirectional Port to the standart LPT Port While having the printer on a Bidirectional Port the problem I faced was the Printer Spool Queue on my Desktop Computer would show my Vista Laptop Print job as simply a quot Remote Downlevel Document quot which had an Error Again the problem was solved by changing the Printer on the Desktop from a Bidirectional one to a the standard LPT Port Go to Printers Right Click to get Properties of your Printer Click on the Ports tab and check LPT Port If this post was helpful to you let me know Original Steps Recopied --how to print from a Vista Laptop to a Shared Printer on XP ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What this post is missing is that you need to ensure that the port on which the XP Verify that File and print sharing is turned on and properly configured on the XP machine Locate and notate the Win XP computer name i e quot Desktop quot Found in System Properties in the Computer Name tab Locate and notate the printer share name on the XP computer i e quot Printer quot Found under the Sharing tab on the Printer Properties page On the Vista machine launch the quot Add a Printer quot wizard Choose quot Add a local printer quot Select quot Create a new port quot radio button and choose quot Local Port quot from the drop down menu Press Next In the quot Enter Port Name quot box enter the following Desktop Printer where quot Desktop quot the computer name from step and quot Printer quot the printer share name from step Select the Printer driver from the list provided or use the quot Have Disk quot button to install the correct Vista driver if it is not in the built-in list It is critical that the driver you use is Vista compatible Press next Give the printer a distinct name and choose whether to set as the default Press Next Print a test page to verify functionality Press Finish nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-print-to-network-printer-on-xp-from-vista.1001912/
Relevancy 62.78%

I've installed MS's printdir.bat file but it's not working properly. When I select Print Directory Listing from the context menu in Windows Explorer, I can see a background flash that indicates the file is executing, but nothing gets to the printer. When I execute PrintDir.bat from the command line, the C:\Windows directory tree prints from the default network printer. I think my problem relates to the presence of the network printer that isn't called out properly in the batch file. (I have 2 network printers). Appreciate any help. Thanks,

Gene

A:Print directory listing to network printer.

Hello Gene, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, see if using OPTION ONE in the tutorial below may work better for you. It prints to your default printer by default.

Context Menu - Add View and Print File Directory

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/329357-print-directory-listing-network-printer.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi All

I am having problems printing from a wireless laptop.

I have a desktop PC which is connected to an HP Photosmart 1000 printer and is running Window XP SP2

My desktop has a USB Wireless dongle to enable connection to my wifes wireless laptop also running Windows XP SP2.

I have set up the file and printer sharing and can access the folders I have permitted access to.

I have enabled the printer sharing.

On the laptop I can add the printer via the network printer option and the laptop can see the desktop printer.

The only problem is when I try to print the printer fails to print anything.

I am able to print from the desktop but that is all.

Has anyone else had this problem?? or can anyone help sole this issue

Many Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

I have a windows vista desktop and a windows vista laptop on my home network I am trying printer via laptop print from network Solved: Cannot to print from my network printer via my laptop To make a long story short I am unable to print from the laptop I have posted this Solved: Cannot print from network printer via laptop question on numerous forums and I searched Google for hours but no one gave me nor did I come across a solid answer Solved: Cannot print from network printer via laptop Everything I came across talked about File sharing setup The File sharing is setup correctly according to Microsoft The printer driver is installed on the laptop but I am having problems communicating with the printer When I try to print a test page from the laptop the printer setup shows the printer is printing the page but the printer goes offline and the printer mode on the laptop changes to error Also the printer is connected to the desktop via a USB port and prints correctly for the desktop My question to the forum is how can the laptop print to the printer Which port should I Solved: Cannot print from network printer via laptop use for the laptop I have tried the numerous suggestions of creating a new port and add the name of the computer desktop and the name of the printer but this does not work I hope I have explained myself well enough for someone to offer some advice Thanks bdthomas nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

OS - Windows 7 Profession x64
Client PC attached to a Domain
Printer: HP CM1312nfi
Printer Port:  Networked Printer
Printer Driver obtained from HP website (Full software)
Problem Description:
When printing a large image say 30MB .jpg to the printer, it's queuing up kilo bytes at a time
vs. mega bytes at a time.  So printing takes 15-20 minutes.
Same file on Vista machine takes 1 to 2 minutes to print.
Tried to stop/start the print spooler - no luck
Have latest patches for Win 7
Tried with both user with "User" Privileges and user with "Administrator" privileges.
User Access Control is OFF
Any Ideas?
Thanks.
PS.  Reinstalled the driver twice already.

A:Print Spooling very very slow to a network printer

Hi,

If the printer driver you installed is not the latest version, I would like to suggest you reinstall the latest version of the driver and the firmware
from
HP website.

Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding these products' performance or reliability.

After that, I also would like to suggest you perform the following troubleshooting suggestions:

Clear Printer Spooler Files and Enable the Spooler Service
=================================
1. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
3. Click Stop and click OK.
4. Click Start, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the Start Search box and press Enter, delete all files in this folder.
5. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
7. Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

Does it work?

Regards,

Arthur Li
TechNet Subscriber Support
in forum
If you have any feedback on our support, please contact
[email protected]
 Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c14d927c-ee23-4e05-8a03-16a9464e2a0e/print-spooling-very-very-slow-to-a-network-printer?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 62.78%

I installed a new PC running windows 7 on an existing network with a shared pinter on one of the XP computers on the network. I'm able to add the network printer and print the test page and can also print from notepad. However attempts to print from Word or Excel (2007) or a page on the internet all cause the program to "not responding". The print windows comes up with the printer selected as the default printer but hangs when I select print. I connected another Windows 7 PC and got the same results - test page and notepad print OK but not Word or Excel. Note, I installed the new Dell print driver for W7 and also tried the old XP driver - same results. Printer is a Dell MFP-3115cn. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Solved: Windows 7 can't print to network printer

Additional testing: I connected the Dell 3115cn printer directly to the Windows 7 PC and it worked fine. I then shared the printer on the network and the other W7 PC was able to print to it with no problems - using my W7 PC as the print server. When I reconnected the printer to the XP PC, printing from both W7 PCs again failed. Interesting note: I connected another printer to the XP PC (a Ricoh printer) and both W7 PCs could print to it with no problems but still could not print to the Dell printer.
Dell thinks it's a problem with 64 bit W7 PC going through a 32 bit XP PC to the printer:

(Agent (OKCp_Matthew_193761): "Charles, I looked that exact error up on Google and everything that I read states: The process that handles converting the graphic functions in the driver from the 32 bit application to the 64bit driver and 64bit spooler is terminating. This process is s plwow64.exe. Most likely the driver is corrupting the memory of this application. When you print and Word crashes like that is because the applications memory has crashed. A few things to try is first to verify that you are using 64-bit office software for the Windows 7 machine. Second is to directly connect the printer to the Windows 7 PC and test it that way. There is some sort of conflict between 32-bit and 64-bit that is occurring on your network those steps will help narrow it down. )

Since I can print to the Ricoh printer using the same path through the XP PC, I would think the problem is in the Dell W7 printer driver. Any thoughts or different conclusion from the testing? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-cant-print-to-network-printer.887093/
Relevancy 62.78%

i have a network of 7 computers, all running windows XP. one of the computer has lexmark printer installed on it. i went to control panel, printers and faxes to share the printer so that printing can be down from the other computers.

my problems is, all the other computers can't access this printer and all other shared folders on this computer(the one with the printer as well).

can anyone please help me solve this problem. i would be more than greateful. thank u

A:Solved: can't print from a shared network printer

XP-Home or XP-Pro? Note that XP-Home has a limitation of 5 connections from other networked computers.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-print-from-a-shared-network-printer.861567/
Relevancy 62.78%

Just joined this site minutes ago so forgive me if I m asking the same print vs printer? network ready server question that has been raised a gazillion times before I ve looked at a relevant thread but it didn t quite answer my question Here s my situation for anyone who might offer advice We have two laptops with wireless cards a pc with a wireless compact USB adaptor an old but working HP Photosmart printer USB cable and a Linksys wireless-G router with Speedbooster connection to the internet for the whole shabang I want to buy a four-in-one printer looking at the cheap option of a refurbished Brother CN flatbed print server vs network ready printer? mostly to have scanner and fax capabilities and would love to be able to put it wherever and have all the various computers print from that machine without cables and the hassle of toting machines here and there That particular four-in-one is quot network ready quot - but I m realizing that I m not entirely clear what that means Is the quot network ready quot printer ready to do what I need it to do print server vs network ready printer? - can I somehow - via software get it configured on my network so that it will respond to each of the computers OR do I also need to buy a print server and if so what kind And if so wired or wireless and what does it matter And which models support the best security WPA Thanks for considering this nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

This is a 3-computer network using windows xp home
everything was fine until today when I wanted to print from the Toshiba laptop to the network printer, which is wireless through a router, & has been going great for a over a year. All of a sudden, today, it does not hook up to print and this error message is displayed:

Print Server
Error initializing output device

I have never seen that and have no clue what it is talking about, (thank you Bill Gates).
If you look in the printers, the correct printer says ready and there are no documents in the queue.

The printer works fine and the other computers can print to it.

Rebooting the computer and rebooting the router don't help.

Thanks a lot for any help you can offer. Estatelawyer

A:Help: can't print to network printer from wireless laptop

My guess would be corrupt printer driver. I would download the printer drivers, remove the printer and when you re-install it, point to the new downloaded drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-print-to-network-printer-from-wireless-laptop.685484/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX580 attached to my Windows 7 computer via USB and setup to share.

I have another computer running Windows Vista when I try and add a new printer it just searches. But I am able to go through and click the ling that says "the printer that i want isn't listed" and i am able to select the printer by name on the network and then print once i establish the original connection.

The problem i run into is sometime later, I have not been able to specify the time frame, it wont let me print form the Windows Vista computer. I get Error - sent to the printer

Thank you for you help
If this is in the wrong forum i apologize

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-on-windows-7.1086404/
Relevancy 62.78%

My network - gateway 835gm desktop with epson stylus color. Trying to print items FROM my laptop, hp pavilion dv7-1135, to my network printer. I plug usb from printer directly to laptop and it prints. ditto from my desktop -BUT- will not print from lap top direct to network printer. Been working on this for 3 days. please help. tnx.
bill

Relevancy 62.78%

I just got two new computers - the desktop is running Windows bit I installed the printer HP Color LaserJet CM nfi MFP just fine - of course it s direct connect It had previously been connected through my router as well and Windows 7 vs. 64 won't Netbook Network - print bit 32 from Printer was shared just fine My netbook is running Windows bit I installed the software and I think the drivers and ran the setup The computer found the printer no problem had the correct IP the computer shows it s ready and online But no printing It just sits in the task tray forever until I cancel it The desktop printer properties say it s set up for sharing - i e box is checked - but also says users need a password I never set up a password obviously my netbook is online via secure password Also says the printer won t work if the desktop is asleep Really That s weird What did I do wrong Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-wont-print-from-netbook-windows-7-32-vs-64-bit.915910/
Relevancy 62.78%

I just bought a new desktop pc. The desktop is wirelessly connected to the network. My wireless laptop sees the HP printer connected to my pc, but when I attempt to print it doesn't work. Have gone through wizard and usual XP printer sharing steps. Suggestions?

A:Can't Print on Network Printer After Buying New Desktop PV

Any error messages along with "it doesn't work"?

Have you eliminated firewalls as a possible issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-print-on-network-printer-after-buying-new-desktop-pv.537174/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I m hoping someone can help me out here I have an XP Home box which prints exclusively to a network printer Xerox The port isn t an IP but rather server printer Here s the problem When I go to print anything pdf doc notepad etc it takes a very long time for spooler Network Printer print and service the printer properties dialog box to appear and then the same amount of time to finally Network Printer and print spooler service print Network Printer and print spooler service Note also that viewing the printer properties box directly takes the same amount of time which is very slow -- a few minutes Now here s the catch If I stop start the printer spooler service and then try print or call up the properties dialog box it is all back to normal -- opening and printing in a reasonable amount of time HOWEVER this only lasts a few minutes until it is back to being completely slow again The only resolution is to stop start the print spooler service to get it working for a few minutes More info there are no other printers attached but if I make the default printer the windows office document image writer the properties box shows up immediately Note however I have LogMeIn which has a printer driver but killing the processes services of logmein didn t help I ve shutdown all unneeded programs and services using process explorer to rule out an interfering program or service --- still the same slow result Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks Bradly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-and-print-spooler-service.588796/
Relevancy 62.35%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a home network with an XP system with a printer attached and shared. A Windows 7 laptop and my old XP laptop from work can print fine, but a new Windows 8 laptop won't print. Sharing from the XP system works as I can read files from the XP system on the new Win8 system. When I do an Add Printer on the Windows 8 laptop, I can see the network printer and install it and the driver so the printer shows up as installed on the Win8 system. The Print Test Page does not work nor printing from WordPad. I turned off the Firewall on the XP system in case that was the problem. I don't know what else to try.

A:Can add network printer, but Print Test Page does not work

Does the test page dissapear from the print queue as though it has been sent to the printer or does it just sit there waiting?

What port does it show under printer properties?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28473-can-add-network-printer-but-print-test-page-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently lost connection to the internet & I am unable to print to a network printer in my office on one of the workstations. I have tried microsoft troubleshooting but still no luck. Any suggestions?

A:Lost Internet connection & cannot print to network printer

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection-cannot-print-to-network-printer.863209/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

my computer is running Windows 7 Professional.

I have added and installed a shared printer to this computer. The printer is connected to an other computer that is running Windows XP, and the printer is shared.

Everything seems ok. The installation completed without difficulties.
When I am trying to print a test-page, the document shows up in the printer queue for about 30 seconds, saying that the document is being sent to the printer, then it disappears.
Still after 10 minutes nothing has been printed. Nothing happens.

I was almost certain that the problem was the firewall, but I turned off the firewall on both computers and it still doesn't work.

Last year I tried this out with two computers both running XP, and it worked out perfectly.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

A:Can't print through local network to printer attached to XP computer.

Hi again,

I found a solution to the problem myself :-)

It turned out to be a double issue.
One of the problems WAS the firewall. I did in the beginning of my troubleshooting try to turn off the firewall, and it didn't work. But that was because there was an other problem as well. I didn't think it was a double problem at that point. So I assumed the firewall wasn't the problem.
I then realised there was only a one way connection between the computers, since the Win 7 pc could access to the XP computer, but the XP computer couldn't get access to the Win 7 computer. I figured out that it was the firewall that caused this issue. Now I could send printing jobs to the queue on the XP computer, but it disappeared from the queue after some seconds and the printer didn't print anything.
The windows troubleshooting on the Win 7 computer couldn't find any problems with the printer connection. Then I downloaded HP's own troubleshooting application from the internet, and it found that it was a driver issue.
Then I did some googling and found a patch for many HP printers for Win 7 x64 (Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 ... - HP Support Forum). After applying this patch everything works like a charm.

To summerize:
The firewall was one problem.
And the other problem was that the printer drivers from Windows Update didn't work on Windows 7 x64 (it shouldn't be a problem with the 32 bit version of windows 7).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227878-cant-print-through-local-network-printer-attached-xp-computer.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have just installed Windows 7 32 bit on a computer with is hosting a HP Laserjet 1600 printer to which I would like to print to from my laptop running Windows 64 bit. I have added the network printer from the host machine but it won't print. Both systems File and Printer sharing is turned on in the advance sharing settings for both computers and I can share files OK. I have also allow Print permissions in the Security tab under the networked printer properties. However the spooled document print when I restart the Host computer??? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Network Printer won't print until Host Computer reboots

checking your power settings ... If you are running on desktop and that is where the printer is located. make sure your power settings say "High Performance"

That should stop the hard drive from shutting down...

also go to device manager and right click to properties -->> Power Management >> uncheck "allow the computer to torn off this device to save power..

reboot the computer and see if that works for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/151994-network-printer-wont-print-until-host-computer-reboots.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have 2 network printers connected to my router, I'd like to be able to print to them remotely when I am away from home without having to keep a computer on 24/7 at home. I think this should be possible by configuring the ports on the router but I'm not sure exactly where to begin. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-way-to-print-remotely-away-from-home-to-my-network-printer-attached-to-r.1059950/
Relevancy 62.35%

A client of mine recently bought a new printer; an HP P1102w laser. I have it setup to connect wirelessly over the LAN.

Following the instructions (Method #1) from Microsoft (at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314499) I was able to get a print job to appear in the printers spooler queue when we would attempt to print from a DOS based program they have running on their computer, but the printer wouldn't actually do anything. Test prints from Windows itself or other applications always worked, but these jobs simply show up in the queue, say they are printing in the status column, but then disappear about 2 minutes later with nothing having been printed at all.

I'm not sure what to do. It seems like I'm so close to getting this fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-print-to-a-network-printer-from-a-dos-program-partial-success.1034240/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys Until a week or so back Vista printed using HP-LaserJet-IIP driver to the NEC on a networked PC I have added nothing to the Vista PC and changed nothing but Vista now shows an error when printing I can use one of the other computers on the network and it prints fine I have Windows auto-updates off so nothing has been slipped in without my notice I turned off Zonealarm firewalls on Vista and the PC with the printer This is driving me nuts All help will be appreciated Here s what I have and all have tons of memory Acer Laptop Intel Core duo running Vista Home Premium win sata Intel Core duo running w k-pro sp with NEC printer on LPT win old Intel Atom running w k-pro sp Gigaset SE Router nstat does not exist on any of the computers I get the following on all C Users Admin gt nstat -n nstat is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users to print to printer Vista fails Solved: network Admin gt IPConfig for all three Vista Laptop Microsoft Windows Version IPv Address Preferred Win sata with NEC PRINTER on LPT Microsoft Windows Version IP Address win old will prnt fine to the NEC on win sata Microsoft Windows Version IP Address nbsp

A:Solved: Vista fails to print to network printer

Aaarrrgggghhhhhhhhhh !!

The router was the cause. During a power outage last week on the re-start it assigned different IP addresses to the PCs.
192.168.254.1 VistaLaptop
192.168.254.2 win2000sata
192.168.254.4 win2000old

The Vista Hosts file contained in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
192.168.254.1 VistaLaptop
192.168.254.3 win2000sata
192.168.254.4 win2000old

I have adjusted the Hosts file and hard-set the IP addresses in the router so this will not happen again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-fails-to-print-to-network-printer.825503/
Relevancy 62.35%

Under XP, can't print more than one copy to shared Dell network printer.

A:Cant print multiple copies to shared network printer

Can you be a little more clear?
Like do you get an error, does it go into que but fail to print?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-print-multiple-copies-to-shared-network-printer-466510.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Have a brand new Epson Workforce printer- really nice all the bells and whistles and I got it cheap bucks At first it was great have the drivers installed on two computers and they both worked fine and prints came out fast and to print has (network) failed document Printer- Solved: clear Solved: Printer- document has failed to print (network) over my home network wirelessly Both computers have XP one being Home SP and the other being Media Solved: Printer- document has failed to print (network) Center SP Well all of a sudden my Home computer just stopped printing and the Media Center one works fine Every time I try to print a file on my Home computer no matter what file big or small it will always bring up the Epson print status window and say pages and the bar will not fill After a few moments I get a bubble from the task tray that says quot This document failed to print quot I bring up the event manager by clicking that bubble and it says quot Error-Printing quot under Status The trouble shooting options have not helped me one bit nor have Google searches yielded any relevant results I have updated all my drivers reinstalled them and updated them and everything checks out fine- the printer connects and is ready to print and scan- my printer has a bar connection and is connected to the correct network and everything yet it still will not print from this computer This is very infuriating as every printer I have ever owned has given me loads of trouble The College Humor video quot Your Printer is a Brat quot describes everything perfectly Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I am one of 3 laptops connected to a wireless printer (Brother MFC-9120CN all-in-one). The printer was working fine and now all of a sudden it wont print. The printer icon shows print error. My Laptop is an Asus N10J series with OS - Windows XP home.

My email & internet connection works fine, only printer has stopped printing.

Have checked Windows firewall and it's switched to Off, have set printer to 'share' mode in printer preferences & tried adding new printer on the add tab and still unable to print.

Prior to print problem occurring, I had several auto windows updates auto installing & had a problem with laptop keyboard keys printing numbers instead of letters, which I managed to fix.

Any suggestions on how to fix the printer would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-printer-wont-print-from-my-laptop.1014444/
Relevancy 62.35%

Curious if anyone has used something like a Virtual Print Server or something similar.
Where host computer has the Print to File device setup.
Other computers on a network would print to it and access the stored images from a network share folder.

Trying to find a way to cut out the required use of scanners where I work.

Edit: This is for Windows 7 systems.

A:Solved: Print to File as a Network Share Printer possible?

I didn't find a program in Windows to do what I need, but found guides on how to set this up on Linux.

Linux CUPS Server (Common Unix Printing System).
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/29935-cups-pdf-for-windows

And running a PHP webserver for merging PDFs.
http://www.johnboy.com/about-us/news/merge-multiple-pdf-files-with-php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-print-to-file-as-a-network-share-printer-possible.1139216/
Relevancy 62.35%

Asus netbook wont print on network printer. The doc is spooled on the Asus but not showing on the host PC. The Asus will print if the printer's USB cable is direct connected to the Asus.
The other laptop will print on the network printer. Its also XP. I checked the network and printer properties on this laptop against the Asus and they are the same (except computer name of course).
The host PC with the wireless router is also XP and prints OK.
The workgroup list on all 3 computers shows the 3 computers. The laptop and Asus both have good internet connections through the wireless network.
What little thing am I missing?

A:[SOLVED] XP netbook wont print on network printer

is the printer shared? If so, browse the network to the computer that has the printer attached from the netbook. Right click the Shared Printer and choose Connect. The Printer should now be listed as a printer under Printers and Faxes. Right click it and choose Print Test Page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-netbook-wont-print-on-network-printer-561768.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys,

I have an issue with one of our printers.

We have two Canon LBP7200 printers on a network.

One printer has just stopped printing completely. The print jobs are not even queueing. When I attempt to print, it says printing, everything looks fine, but the print job just vanishes.

I tried re-installing the printer, re-installing driver and it still doesn't print!!

The printer status says 'ready' and all settings are as per normal so i can't figure out what on earth the issue is!!

The only unusual thing that i have noticed is that when i log onto the printer by typing the IP address in my browser, everything is in Japanese! My other printer is in English - Usually both printers are in English. So not sure if this is something to do with the issue?

I have run command and pinged the printer with a 100% response.

Hopefully someone can help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-lbp7200cdn-printer-on-network-print-jobs-disappearing.1144952/
Relevancy 61.49%

Konica Minolta Di1610fp PCL6 as a network printer can't print completely with windows vista, but it si ok with the other OS. How I can do that? thanks.

A:Konica PCL6 as a network printer can't print completely with windows

You have to kind of trick it into thinking you have XP, go into the properties of your printer, and uncheck auto detect OS. Reboot, and it should work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/konica-pcl6-as-a-network-printer-cant-print-completely-with-windows-153075.html
Relevancy 61.49%

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router My home network has two Win PC and two XP all from Dell Few days ago only the Windows computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck I worked several days on this argument doing many attempts I have investigated installation problems so as permissions spooler firewall and antivirus drivers latest available system files corruption or similar problems etc without any good result If I move the printer to Windows computers local USB the printer installs immediately and prints The Router network wont anymore connected printer print network is OK fixed IPs and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W and XP computers I googled every possible discussion so as on Microsoft and Dell forums no success I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why suddenly the W computers are unable to address the printer Its network address is fixed by the router printers Samsung and has Router connected network printer wont print anymore been so for years Thanks for your time

A:Router connected network printer wont print anymore

Quote: Originally Posted by Manlio

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router. My home network has two Win 7 PC and two XP, all from Dell. Few days ago only the Windows 7 computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck. I worked several days on this argument, doing many attempts.
I have investigated installation problems so as permissions, spooler, firewall and antivirus, drivers (latest available), system files corruption or similar problems etc., without any good result.
If I move the printer to Windows 7 computers local USB, the printer installs immediately and prints.
The network is OK (fixed IPs) and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W7 and XP computers.
I googled every possible discussion, so as on Microsoft and Dell forums, no success. I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why, suddenly the W7 computers are unable to address the printer. Its network address is fixed by the router (192.168.1.1:1631/printers/Samsung) and has been so for years.
Thanks for your time

Hi Manlio,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know which printer model is the one you are using over network. Also, let us know the if you are able to printer wirelessly from the XP system.

Check this link below to reset the spooler service which should help you resolve this issue:

Print Spooler Queue - Clear and Reset

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308525-router-connected-network-printer-wont-print-anymore.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Running W8 Pro, with all applicable updates, and Office 2013 Pro.
I have had to (twice) delete a network printer that has somehow been allocated an incorrect IP. Then re-install it. While the deleted printer does not appear in "Devices and Printers", two instances do in the Word 2013 print dialog. Both show a file waiting to be printed. This doesn't appear to cause any printing issues. It prevents me re-allocating the name I had used as I wish to do.
I have found many registry keys/values associated with the deleted printer(s), but do not know whether it is safe to delete them. I know I can export them, (and import if deleting causes a problem), but wondered if someone else has experienced this issue, and found a fix.
Thanks,
lmod

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/23339-deleted-network-printer-showing-word-2013-print-dialog.html
Relevancy 61.06%

At my office we have community printers One big Konica Minolta printer copier quot big printer quot for large print jobs and one smaller HP printer quot small printer quot for regular print jobs I replaced another employee here and for the first few weeks I logged on to his Windows account and printed everything fine Since then the IT guy created a new Windows account for me and from this account on the same computer I can print to the smaller printer fine but can t send print jobs to the big printer I network jobs print new login to Problem with Windows printer sending checked all the printer settings for the big printer under both accounts and everything is the same under each tab such as the IP address of the printer It recognizes the printer as it comes up on the Problem sending print jobs to network printer with new Windows login list of printers And when I did Problem sending print jobs to network printer with new Windows login run command and put in the big printer s IP address I get a reply Also when I scan something on that big printer I can get it emailed to myself just fine But for some reason I just can t send print jobs over Any suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Problem sending print jobs to network printer with new Windows login

When I use the Konica Minolta Printer Installer CD, it doesn't automatically detect the printer, which it should. And when I enter the network search parameters (IP address and subnet mask), it doesn't detect either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-sending-print-jobs-to-network-printer-with-new-windows-login.795722/
Relevancy 60.2%

hello dear sir I have the problem with my printers in my office the printers are HP laser jet and my problems is nbsp After I print a document printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer whenI push ctrl p nbsp to printer I does white down not , print print or service I and printer the power until After a stop papers stop printing document print After I print a document , printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer some files like shockwave shd appears in this address quot c windows system spooler printers quot and these files never vanished unless i stop the print spooler I know that nbsp nbsp The following briefly describes the purpose of SPL SHD and TMP files SPL files are the actual spool print job files TMP files are usually associated with LPR print jobs SHD files provide information about which printer the print job was sent to and from whom the print job came An SHD file is a quot shadow quot file that keeps track After I print a document , printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer of what logical printer a same number xxxxx spl file goes to It also contains the file's order in the queue the user who sent the file to the printer and other information These files are usually deleted unless the logical printer settings state otherwise but these files nbsp never vanished and untils these file were removed manually printer cant print at all please help me

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d7fe83f4-0a43-4fa4-b01b-adb78bcaa910/after-i-print-a-document-printer-does-not-stop-and-printing-white-papers-until-i-stop-print?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 57.62%

Whenever I print to the shared printer on my Windows 7 desktop, the print job will just sit in the print queue. If I stop and then start the print spooler, the job will print. It happens from an XP laptop. Print jobs sent from the local Windows 7 computer print just fine.
How can i solve this one ? :(

This issue with some particular laptop running windows Xp and windows 7 Home

A:Whenever I print to the shared printer he print job will just sit in the print queue

So, the Windows 7 Desktop has the printer physically attached to it and it's shared?
And the XP laptop is sharing the printer through the network? If I understand you correctly?
If so, on the XP Laptop, go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. Are there any devices with yellow flags? Or Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? Or any listings for the printer? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Now go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs uninstall any drivers or software for the printer. Now,go to Printers and Faxes, and if the printer icons is there, Right click the shared printer icon and Delete it. And Restart the computer. Now when the computer comes back up, go to the printer manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in the model# for the printer and download the driver for the printer for XP and install it. Now, go to Start/Run and type the computer name of the Windows 7 machine (ex) \\ComputerName and press enter. A window should open up with the shared drives on the 7 computer, with the shared printer. Right click the shared printer and choose Connect. This will add the printer to Printers and Faxes again. Right click this printer/Properties and print a Test Page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/whenever-i-print-to-the-shared-printer-he-print-job-will-just-sit-in-the-print-queue-680580.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have two computers operating on a wireless network; #2 (Dell Dimension E510) is currently hard wired to the router. Print sharing is enabled on #1 Dell 4600 running Windows xp service pack 2 (or 3), Pentium 4 processor 2.66GHz/512MB RAM. When I try to utilize the printer from computer #2 it is unable to open the printer. Right clicking Properties on the printer returns the message that the properties cannot be displayed because the print spooler is not running. MSCONFIG returns that the print spooler is running and when I go to CMD>NET START it also reports the print spooler as a started service.

Note: I thought that I upgraded to service pack3 last week but windows still shows sp2, so I'm not 1oo% sure which it is.

What is the next step to solving this problem? Thanks in advance

A:Solved: Printer not accessed through network/print spooler running-not running

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printer-not-accessed-through-network-print-spooler-running-not-running.654321/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Guys,

Is there a way via scipting to force a pc to refresh their local printer
settings from the print server ? We have enabled Duplexing as the default for
printing ( conserve that paper ! ) for our HP Laserjet printers on the
Print Server, but if a user goes on their local printer settings and unchecks
duplexing, it will not re-pull that device setting from the print server
unless you delete and then re-add the printer on the local machine. Is there
a way to have the printer settings pulled from the server without have to
delete and then readd the locally installed network printer ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forcing-a-refresh-of-network-printer-settings-from-print-server-server.600852/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an HP C5280 printer running wirelessly via a TP Link wireless print server and D Link Di 624 wireless router. I can print successfully from either my desktop (which is connected direct to the D Link router) or either of my laptops (wireless). However, when I select the double-sided print option I get a print error message after re-inserting the odd number pages to print the other side of the paper and then click 'continue'.

Could I resolve this by connecting the printer both direct to the desktop using USB AND leaving it connected via the wireless TP Link print server? This would enable me to print double-sided from my desktop (as I did before when the printer was only connected via the USB desktop port).

A:Print error message when trying to print double sided output on wireless printer

Could I resolve this by connecting the printer both direct to the desktop using USB AND leaving it connected via the wireless TP Link print server? Click to expand...

Probably, unless the USB connection is already used with the print server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-error-message-when-trying-to-print-double-sided-output-on-wireless-printer.1021916/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I just purchased an used computer with Windows Home Premium x this is an HP Slimline s f The problem that I have is with a Brother HL series printer It gave me a really hard time to install the drivers that I downloaded from Printer grayed problems print - page print fails test out button the Brother website I kept getting a quot x quot error and quot Printer problems print button grayed out - test print page fails could not find suitable driver for this printer quot error Finally I decided to take the driver folders for this printer from my wife's computer and copied them to my computer and put them in the drivers repository under System and was able to install the printer after that with no problems The problem that I have right now is that the printer won't print even though it told me Printer problems print button grayed out - test print page fails that the driver installation was successful -the print button is grayed out -If I click quot printer properties quot it tells me that the drivers have not been installed and asks if I want to install them -If I install the drivers at this prompt it tells me that the drivers have been successfully installed -Now it lets me access the printer properties but when I click quot print test page quot either nothing happens or it tells me that it failed to print and access is denied -If i close printer properties and try to access it again it tells me that the printer drivers have not been installed I get the same results with the printer connected locally trough USB or on another computer through the network All the other computers in the house print to this printer without a problem through the network The printer server is running Ubuntu It seems like a permission problem Thanks I appreciate any help that I can receive on this Manuel Rivas

A:Printer problems print button grayed out - test print page fails

Hello and welcome Manuel. Now probably too obvious mate but is the printer showing up ticked as the default device in Printers and Devices? while 7 is up and running?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277064-printer-problems-print-button-grayed-out-test-print-page-fails.html
Relevancy 55.47%

A client is interested in having external networking ports available for printing to internal, XP-attached shared workstation printers.

Basically, they want to print to external IP address 123.123.123.123:8765 and have IIS push that data to a shared printer at someone's workstation. Ideally we would set up six or eight of these, each with a different port on the public IP.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/howdoi-print-to-port-8765-and-have-iis-print-to-shared-printer.583599/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to help a friend Installed on to it won't machine now printer print W7 XP machine, network get her new Win- machine set up I used the printer set-up wizard to install a networked printer in the new machine with absolutely no problem Proved it would print from that machine Now I get a call informing me that her old XP machine which had been printing to the network printer with no problems will no longer print Documents go into the print queue but they don t get printed No error messages show up I did some Installed network printer on W7 machine, now XP machine won't print to it messing around via remote access and finally removed the printer with the intention of reinstalling it Scanning for network printers turned up several redundant instances of the same printer with Installed network printer on W7 machine, now XP machine won't print to it different names Some are identified as quot invalid quot some a quot access denied quot Bottom line I can t get any of the selections to install On the Win- machine I did find a window that indicated that the printer is designated as being shared but I didn t explicitly set it for sharing when I installed it Also I somehow got to a window that told me that for printers that were to be shared with other versions of windows I could optionally install drivers to support such machines Didn t have the driver disk handy and took the window down Now I can t even find it again I need some help in sorting this all out Part of the problem is that out there in quot network land quot there are redundant remnants of previous installations that are being remembered inappropriately I d really like to clean up all that trash but don t know how to get rid of it nbsp

A:Installed network printer on W7 machine, now XP machine won't print to it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-network-printer-on-w7-machine-now-xp-machine-wont-print-to-it.1008368/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there OK here we go I previously owned a Lexmark Z printer and up to a certain point it was printing ok Then it abruptly stopped printing any pages It sounded as if it was getting the signal from the computer but nothing would print Rather than buy new cartridges which would have cost more than a new printer I bought a Dell Now the color prints fine but I cannot get the black to print The cartridges are just about full with only a small amount out of the black cartridge I read somewhere this week that it has something to do with the software I believe there was a work-around but for the life of me I can t remember where I saw it and I didn t bookmark the Ink print/No previous would Black pages print will printer not in page My other computer is WinXP but I didn t like XP and the fact that I got hosed on the deal with only RAM - never could track down the guy who sold it to me Figures Anyway I now have a computer Black Ink will not print/No pages in previous printer would print with WIN K I don t have the software for the Dell printer but I downloaded the drivers from the Dell site I do have the software for the Lexmark Lately it seems I ve seen Dell and Lexmark being spoken of in the same sentence - are they connected A LEXPPS exe which is Lexmark corporation is quot listening quot according to my Comodo leading me to believe that Dell and Lexmark have a lot to do with each other I m sure this sounds quite like rambling on my part but this little problem is driving me crazy right now and while not really a newbie I m pretty close - sort of a newbnov Can someone help me with this Thanks a bunch u btrfly nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I'm working at an office where when you hit the Print Screen button, it causes a printout in addition to the normal copy to clipboard. I just want to copy to clipboard without wasting toner and paper. It can't be a program on the computer as it's clean with just Windows 8.1

It actually happens on all the machines (whether Windows 7, 8, or 8.1). Is it a program installed on the server? Is it a setting in Windows? How do I stop this behavior?

A:Print Screen button will print to the printer! how to stop

By definition the print screen function only sends the image to the clipboard so if the printer is also involved then something else -- some other software installed on your machine -- is the culprit here.

One way to find out what it is is by unhooking the printer and then watching the screen to see what error messages pop up when trying to use the print screen function.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47170-print-screen-button-will-print-printer-how-stop.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My usb attached printer is no longer listed in control panel PM. I want to set it as default but can't. Tried several suggestions in this forum but nothing worked. Thanks.

A:Printer not on print manager list but can print to it from aps

Hello and welcome Stacey now just what have you tried?? It sounds like a driver issue to me but unless we have some definite specs on the equipment not much we can do.
See this System Info - See Your System Specs

One item in particular is what is the printer make and model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349959-printer-not-print-manager-list-but-can-print-aps.html
Relevancy 53.75%

thanks for your guide

how can I create a task to 'open a printer, print the test page at that specific printer and then shut down the printer' ?

I want to do this, so that the printer will be maintained and not break due to inactivity

thanks!

A:Create task to open printer, print test page, and shutdown printer?

Not understanding this part of your question ........ "not break due to inactivity"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276272-create-task-open-printer-print-test-page-shutdown-printer.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Im sorry if this question has already been posted i tried searching and couldn t find the answer in this forum I have a question maybe someone can direct me to a tutorial somewhere or to another topic From Computers Do To Connect How Printer Let Several Printer? I This And Router, Print that contains instructions on how to do this well I just got a new router and desktops are connected to it and i have wireless laptops They are all connected to the internet via How Do I Connect Printer To Router, And Let Several Computers Print From This Printer? the router I have also connected my hp How Do I Connect Printer To Router, And Let Several Computers Print From This Printer? office jet printer to my router since it has an ethernet port how do i make it so every computer on my network can print from this one printer the other thing is since its connected to the router directly i dont want to have the printer connected to any computer via usb so can someone please direct me to a tutorial in which all my computers can print from this one printer which is connected to the router via a direct Ethernet cable thank you so much

A:How Do I Connect Printer To Router, And Let Several Computers Print From This Printer?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...182&lang=enyou'll probably need the network drivers installed on each computerdidn't the printer come with a manual?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128926/how-do-i-connect-printer-to-router-and-let-several-computers-print-from-this-printer/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a program that has trouble printing to the correct sizes, the program itself in unreplaceable and has very little in the way of print options.

Is there a program out there that can simulate a printer, automatically resize/crop/shift and send to the real printer which the problem program can print to?

I've google without success, my next step would be to write a program myself.

THANKS!

Relevancy 52.46%

I can't seem to get Windows 7 SP1 to load a driver for an HP printer that is on my home network. My laptop sees it but won't let me make it the default printer or load a driver so that I can link to it wirelessly. I restored my laptop back to windows 7
because Windows 10 was moving too slow. I only have 4gigs of memory, and windows 10 probably runs better with 8gigs of memory.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f52ee902-9022-4792-a1df-5a658bebc843/how-can-i-get-windows-7-sp1-to-load-a-print-driver-thatamp39s-compatible-with-the-hp-printer?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 52.03%

I had a Print Server EUSSO that connected with my old deskjet printer HP deskjet c USB to my knowledge it working fine Though I had bought a new printer HP laserjet USB hook it up to a new printer won't Print print Server on Print Server but to my amazement I couldn t get it to work it working fine if plug direct to PC I set it the way I worked with the old deskjet HP deskjet c USB and I don t see Print Server won't print on new printer why it didn t work Or maybe the Print Server do not support the new Printer I had visit HP support site and they just didn t give me any good solution Note upon completing the setup and do a test print I notice there aren t any error messages display I see a queue of file on the Printer Document Name last for seconds and dissappear No errors messages But if I try to change the port name number it will display error message upon printing and the file on the Printer Document Name didn t dissappear either I am so curious why it didn t work I know it not the printer fault Print Server is not malfunction either unless it not meant to support my new printer Not the cable either I don t see any wrong doing with my setup since I got the first one work and running Now I am sitting duck Any feed back on this issue would gladly be appreciated nbsp

A:Print Server won't print on new printer

Did you install the drivers for your new printer? (Obvious, sorry, but I have to ask) Best bet would be to uninstall all printers and printer software you have and start over from scratch.

The print server doesn't have to support your printer - all it does is take the data sent by your computer and forward it to the USB port. Your printer however has to support the print server. Some printers require a bidirectional connection with the computer and that cannot work over the network.

Does your print server suppirt several types of connection? It could be any combination of LPR, SMB, JetDirect and any proprietary protocols. Try something else than you are using right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-server-wont-print-on-new-printer.36588/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to added a printer on a windows 7 machine. When i add new printer and select from the list i get this error.
Connect to Printer.
A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this print queue. Please contact your system administrator.

I have tried adjusting the Group policy setting and registry as suggested in this article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=319939&product=winsvr2003
I can manually add the printers via the ip address of the printer, but cannot from selecting them from the available printer list.
Any suggestion to resolve this issue.

A:When trying to add a networked printer i get this error. On windows 7 Profeesional machine.__Connect to Printer.__ A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this print queue. Please contact your system administrator.

Hi,

I would like to suggest you configure the following policies in your default domain policy. After configuring the policies you should run the command:
gpupdate /force.

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printers\

Point and Print Restrictions >>
Disable
Prevent addition of printers
>> Disable
Prevent deletion of printers
>>
Disable

Local Computer Policies\Administrative Templates\Printers\

Allow print spooler to accept client connections
>> Enable

If the issue persists, you may also refer to the following link to troubleshoot this issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888046/en-us

Does it work?

Regards,Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/494f00b8-9175-4aac-af14-e4382e94f1db/when-trying-to-add-a-networked-printer-i-get-this-error-on-windows-7-profeesional-machineconnect?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

my computer is connected to a local hp printer and konica network printer. Any time I try to print to the konica printer, it always print to the hp. I have set the konica as my default printer, but still printer to the HP.
How do I get my document to print to the Konica printer?

A:My printer always print to the wrong printer

Did you check the ports section of the Konica printer? Sometimes people change the port the driver is working on and this will redirect where the print is going to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-printer-always-print-to-the-wrong-printer.800236/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have found several but either they error, or they put a watermark or they just dont work.

A:looking for a PDF printer. Printer dialog will then print to PDF

Which ones have you tried?

I use PDF Creator. It works well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381225-looking-pdf-printer-printer-dialog-will-then-print-pdf.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have found several but either they error, or they put a watermark or they just dont work.

A:looking for a PDF printer. Printer dialog will then print to PDF

Which ones have you tried?

I use PDF Creator. It works well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/381225-looking-pdf-printer-printer-dialog-will-then-print-pdf.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I have an HP Deskjet 5440 hooked up via USB to my Dell Windows XP machine. I set the printer as "shared", installed the software on my other Windows 98SE computer, and choose that printer as the default on the 98.

I went to test out if it would print over the network, so I choose to print out a small picture. I then went to see if it was printing, which it was, so that meant that it does see the printer and can print to it. However, it was not printing out the picture, but instead about 3 pages of gibberish what looks to be programming language or a huge error.

What could this be and how can I fix it? Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

A brand new HP Photosmart D7160 printer won't print although I've downloaded the new drivers. It is connected to an HP dv9233cl laptop computer running Vista.

Relevancy 47.3%

I ve got a e-series laptop running windows Xp Home Ram Lexmark inkjet I can no longer print anything from the command of gt Toolbar File gt Print gt OK or even by the printer Icon graphic on the browser toolbar but when I print Via Ctrl-P shortcut it sometimes works The printer worked fine until last saturday No major software changes have been installed either I have tried deleting documents from the pending que via the Control panel my printer ..Print Why ?? won't but occasionally the print pending list clogs up and wont delete anything and I have to re-start the baby I have checked the communications lead USB and the printer on a second computer and it all works fine I have tried plugging the device into all three USB ports but no change The device doesn t seem to show up under the USB hub device manager either I have un-installed and re-installed the printer and drivers and updated them from the Lexmark website Occasionally in Control panel there are two printers displayed Why won't my printer ..Print ?? both are the same model one is a copy of the other installed one If it is a shared IRQ address conflict how does one solve it Still amateur nbsp

A:Why won't my printer ..Print ??

Last Saturday isn't so long ago.

Try running "System Restore" and choosing a prior date. These can be undone if you like.

Start > run: msconfig > Launch System Restore.

You say you are having problems deleting pending items -- if the printer is networked -- make sure the items are not associated with documents on another computer.

Delete any "printers" from the Control panel that are not active.

There is a way to clean install printers -- but it involves some registry editing and your best bet is to try System Restore first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-wont-my-printer-print.638561/
Relevancy 47.3%

You have prolly had this question before, so I ask your patience if you have. We have an HP 722c printer...it used to work with XP. but since we had the comp serviced it no longer does so. I have tried to download drivers from HP but this has not worked...any suggestions would be welcome to remedy this situation...a new printer is out of the question...and we still have windows 2000 and 98 and 95 lying around to reconfigure the comp if we need to, but then I will need advice on how to do this properly...thank you in advance for any and all help.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a acer aspire desktop running windows vista and just got a hp deskjet d1455 and am unable to get the printer to print. The computer says its printing but it won't. Nothing at all happens. I have all drivers and correct programs installed. Maybe I have a setting wrong? I am unsure. It will say printing or queuing or ask if I want to save the file but it will not print. Any suggestions or solutions? Thank You.

Relevancy 47.3%

My HL1440 printer died. With that printer I was able to print from windows XP as well as from Peachtree 10.0 version which is a DOS program. This program requires a parallel cable port
as well as a printer that will emulate HL8PS printer or HP Laserjet I or something similiar.

I called Brother, but they stopped making HL1440. I do have HL2040 with a parallel cable, but
according to Brother, they do not have DOS driver for that printer.

Is it possible to find a printer in the market that will help. I do not want to change my software,
because I cannot find printer with parallel cable and DOS driver.

I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

A:Need a printer to print from DOS

You're better off moving to a USB printer as few systems now support Parallel connections.
A USB printer is rather cheap these days and if you move to better OS or Application, then it will still be supported.
Why waste time with 1998 technology?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-printer-to-print-from-dos.187059/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an HP Laserjet 5p printer. It worked fine in Windows 7 but since I upgraded to Windows 10 it won't print. Windows recognizes the printer. It installs it (I have removed it and reinstalled numerous times). When I try to print I just get a message that says Can't print because of an error, but it doesn't tell me the specific error. It is connected with a Rosewill PCI card which I have installed the most recent drivers. I have used DriverTuner along with other driver software to try to update drivers. I've checked all the settings. Everything looks right, there must be something I am missing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any assistance would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38437-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I added a printer,it seems that the printer works and the software is on the computer but nothing prints. I bought a Belkin USB parallel printer adapter cable and it says to update the USB software. Any ideas on how to do this? I have windows XP and an Epson Stylus Color 850 printer. I been unable to find the software

A:My printer don't print.

I assume that your printer has a LPT port only and that you want to convert it to a USB port? If your computer has an LPT port on it then I suggest that you try and get it running with that first. Then put the LPT to USB cable in, install the drivers for that cable, and give it another go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-printer-dont-print.615295/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an HP Laserjet 5p printer. It worked fine in Windows 7 but since I upgraded to Windows 10 it won't print. Windows recognizes the printer. It installs it (I have removed it and reinstalled numerous times). When I try to print I just get a message that says Can't print because of an error, but it doesn't tell me the specific error. It is connected with a Rosewill PCI card which I have installed the most recent drivers. I have used DriverTuner along with other driver software to try to update drivers. I've checked all the settings. Everything looks right, there must be something I am missing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any assistance would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38437-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi - I am new and this is my first post and I am not very tech knowledgeable so please excuse my ignorance I bought a new computer loaded with Win Pro bit I installed all of my programs and everything worked fine until I tried to set up (32 HP won't print Printer Pro Win 7 bit) my HP printer - which both Win amp HP say is Win compatible though it is an older printer Windows Update found the printer downloaded the driver and set it as my default printer with a big green arrow saying quot Ready quot When I try to print something no matter the source I get a pop up that indicates the document is being sent to the printer then nothing happens as if it just times out before the printer ever receives the signal no flashing lights on Win 7 Pro (32 bit) HP Printer won't print printer - nothing Then I check the printer queue and it is in there with an error I delete the job and then check the printer in the control panel - and it has a big yellow - so I run troubleshooting and it says that it couldn't print because another job is in the printer queue I have tried all the suggestions for stopping the printer spooler and clearing the queue and restarting the spooler - and then everything appears to be OK again ready to print I get the big green arrow ready sign on printer icon again - but then the same thing happens again I have even tried another HP printer and all is the same I have installed both printers removed both printers restored the machine back to arrival time started everything all over run MS's Mr Fix It program for printer problems done everything I can find with batch files etc all to no avail I desperately need a printer that works My internet searches indicate that many others out there have had the same problem with Win and printers but I never find the right answer Can anyone here help me Is it something in the registry quot Is it the printer drivers even though HP says they are supported for Win Is there some software that will fix it I am willing to buy a new printer if that would do it but what's the point if something is corrupted in the Win registry Thanks much for any advice I can get Very Frustrated

A:Win 7 Pro (32 bit) HP Printer won't print

Hi there, what is the model of the printer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/82202-win-7-pro-32-bit-hp-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a new Toshiba (intel pentium) laptop with Windows 7 on it. It runs on wireless internet. I can't get either of my two printers (Canon ip1700 and Canon MX300) to print when I try to print from my Toshiba.
My desktop computer is older and has Windows XP, and I can print from both printers using my desktop computer.
What do you think could be the problems with why I can't print with my laptop? Thanks for your help.

A:Printer won't print

You need to go to Canon.com and download drivers for win 7 (either 32 or 64 bit) depending what you are running.
Then go and edit your system specs under User CP at the top in case we need to follow up or you have another problem.
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums Kimmy!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/104288-printer-wont-print.html