Windows Support Forum

Speed Issue With Netgear Router

Q: Speed Issue With Netgear Router

I Live in India(Madhya Prradesh,Indore). I have Tikona Broadband Connection and Netgear WNR612v3 router.
While I am connected through direct ethrnet then I get full 4mbps speed and while I am connected through router then the final speed is 4mbps but with many fluctuations. Please Help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue-with-netgear-router.1156260/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Speed Issue With Netgear Router

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 74.82%

Hello.
I have a 20mb Cable connection (Virgin Media), and I recently bought a Netgear WGT624 v2 (Cable version, not DSL), so I can use wireless with my laptop, and hook up my Xbox 360.
When using the router, my connection speed never goes above 10mb speeds (half of what I am supposed to get). When I remove the router, my speed goes above 10mb.

Neither the Laptop nor the Xbox 360 are turned on, so they cannot be causing the problems.

Does anyone know if there is something I can do to get the speeds up? Maybe something I can set in the router config?

A:Netgear Router Limiting Speed

I couldn't find the link where there was a bunch of routers tested for their throughput performance. But just because a router has a 100 Mbit WAN port doesn't mean it's going to be able to route packets at that speed. The internal processor still has to process each packet going in and out of the router. Here's a link with a few routers tested: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/30280/51/1/5/

In the chart you'll see WAN throughput both up and down. The FVS336, FVX538, and FVS124 are all in Netgear's SMB line of routers. The FVX538 is Netgear's top dog router which is the only one capable of reaching near 100 Mbit performance. Now look at the FVS124, it just barely breaks 10 Mbit/s.

So the performance you're getting might be indicative of really how fast that router can forward packets.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-limiting-speed.706108/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have 20Mb broadband from Virgin and Motorola Surfboard modem connected to a Netgear WGT624V3 router.

Our household has 2 Vista laptops and an XP Desktop, all of which connect wirelessly to the internet.

However, none of the connected devices, even when only one is in use, can achieve a download speed of better than 3Mb.

But, if I connect any of these devices directly to the modem, I get consistent download speeds of 16-18Mb.

So the router would appear to be the weak link.

I've updated to the latest router firmware, and I've checked the Netgear website, this forum and the wider web for ideas, but have found nothing useful.

Perhaps I just need a better router, but I'd like to try to get this one working.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Relevancy 72.67%

So i got a Netgear C I live in a tenant apartment building so not huge We ve issue speed C3000 Netgear been using the Wifi with good Mb speed until a few days ago the speed tests went down to between - Mb s The TW tech came out tried it on his modem and an actual Time Warner modem and it was the same Perfect wired speed terrible Wifi speed He thinks there s some Netgear C3000 speed issue kind of new interference somewhere but can t pinpoint it exactly understandable I live in an apartment with other roommates each are online gamers and streamers that s people using the same internet Tried connecting only PC to wireless and still same results Tried different channels Nothing So before we go and lower the internet speed Is there a good relatively cheap router modem that doesn t pick up interference Expensive router modem that doesn t pick up interference Or should I just get a modem router with a bunch of Ethernet switches and a bunch of Netgear C3000 speed issue Ethernet cables ft to wire around the apartment I m at a loss and I really don t want to limit the internet between gamers xD nbsp

A:Netgear C3000 speed issue

The following may give us enough information to make a recommendation ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-c3000-speed-issue.1153594/
Relevancy 70.52%

Ok, so heres the scoop.

I have an old dual 108 Netgear router a/g that I am trying to connect to my dsl modem.

I can connect throught the moden to pc just fine and dandy however when I put the router in the middle it wont connect on the pc but it displays the wireless g I am trying to setup too. The router shows that it has no IP address i have tryed resteing the stack and have the router configered for PPPoE with my dsl username and password but still no dice.

I really dont want to have to go buy another router today if I dont have too if there is something minor I am missing...

Please help! Thank you!

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi guys,
Just wanting some help setting up a "Netgear 54Mbps WG614 v7 router".
The power is "ON"
The test is off.
The wireless is flashing
the internet "i" is on

And all the other numbers are off. eg. next to the internet there
number 1 "off"
number 2 "off"
number 3"off"
number 4 "off"

I'm trying to setup this wireless Netgear 54Mbps WG614 v7 router with a optusnet ADSL 4200 modem.
When I go threw the netgear the netgear interface a show. But I NOT have interent access.
When connteched directly to the ADSL Modem 4200 I get internet.
Oh the have a WG111v2 USB Wireless adapter.

NO internet from the router.

P.s tried reset router already. I get page can not be display.
Thanks

A:Router Netgear 54Mbps issue

The ADSL mdoem is probably looking for the MAC address of your computer (which had normally been the first device modem connected to till now). The MAC address is unique hardware address assigned every network adapter.
=> Meaning your netgear router has its own MAC adress
=> And the modem won't provide internet connect to any hardware it sees that's different from the your PC's MAC address (we'll leave aside why some ISP's do this)

Couple options:
a) Most routers (you'll need look at the netgear) have a setup option where you choose to either
- Use the router MAC address (default)
- Use a MAC address you tell it (in which case you tell it the computer's MAC address)
b) But probably simplest to try and force your ISP to reset the address it looks for. Either call your ISP and tell them OR for most ISPs power down your modem for about 15 minutes. Should now accept the MAC address from router. (power down/up works most of the time, if not call ISP dor mac setup in netgear

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-netgear-54mbps-issue.120706/
Relevancy 68.8%

i have a netgear wireless router that has a non secure channel set as default. well, i thought i finally managed to compuicate with the router and the network card to set up the 64 bit WEP. all was good and running fast but this morning i woke to being off line and my system picking up three other wireless networks. all that have the WEP security set. i guess i'm a little confused as to why i keep trying to find other networks. my signal shows that it is strong.

any help???

thanks
Lori

Relevancy 67.94%

I have DSL service with SBC Yahoo. SBC provided me with a 2Wire 1800HG modem. I recently purchased a NetGear WGR614 Wireless router. I used the NetGear installation CD to install the NetGear router. The installation process doesn't complete successfully, stalls at about 75%. I've seen chatter on the internet saying that there is a conflict between the NetGear and 2Wire but haven't seen many work-arounds suggested.

Please help!

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-netgear-wireless-router-and-sbc-2wire-modem.54580/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi All,

I recently put in a Netgear firewall, configured it, its running no problem. Then I setup a new Netgear N600 wireless router, configured it, gave it a static IP, connected to it, works like a charm. Thing is, when I try to access the web gui I receive nothing.. Is the Netgear firewall taking priority or something? I went directly connected to the netgear wifi router and double checked to make sure that there was no settings restricting administration from wifi users, etc.. Anyone have a similar setup ?

Thanks All

A:Netgear FVS318G FW & Netgear N600 wifi router Can't access webgui

You sure been busy! Have "seen" you all over this place.

Is the FVS318G router connected to the N600 router's WAN port or a LAN port?

If WAN have you changed one of the routers so that they don't both use the same LAN subnet (I didn't check each one, but they probably both default to the same).

If LAN have you disabled the N600's Dhcp server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-fvs318g-fw-netgear-n600-wifi-router-cant-access-webgui.993608/
Relevancy 62.78%

Should be easy!....
But I cannot get my NEW Netgear N600 router to communicate with a NEW Netgear WN 3000 RP extender.

The instructions say to press the WPS button on the extender then the WPS button on the router. No WPS button exists on the router!

The instructions also I can use any wireless network manager utility to set this up. Can't find where this is in Windows 7.

The I pad has found the NETGEAR_EXT address but won't connect. And the light on the extender does no indicate teh router is communicating with it.

Thought this process would be a simple plug and play, but...frustration!

A:Netgear N600 router & Netgear WN3000 range extender

You can see the button here pal ... Netgear call it "Push 'N' Connect"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233949-netgear-n600-router-netgear-wn3000-range-extender.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone Last night I set not but Compaq neighbours : router finds home router signal /Netgear notebook ? up a home network for a friends house using a NETGEAR DG G wireless router The desktop is connected to the net through the ethernet cable no probs and my laptop connects to the router wirelesly no problem in every room in the house Problem is my friends laptop which is Compaq notebook /Netgear router : finds neighbours signal but not home router ? a Compaq Presario I forget model cannot find the router Instead it finds all the neighbour s routers even with the laptop sitting next to the router there is no detection It is about one year old and running XP On the Windows network setup it says the wireless chip on the Compaq is a Broadcom g I use Intel PROSet Wireless to connect to it using my laptop but my friends laptop has something called HP Wireless Assistant which has basically no options other than telling you that the wireless technology is turned on I have turned off firewalls etc but it will not find the NETGEAR router Any help greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-notebook-netgear-router-finds-neighbours-signal-but-not-home-router.648118/
Relevancy 57.62%

So here is my case SETUP Verizon s Westell Modem Router provides incoming address provided by VZ and provides internal address Netgear Wireless Router WGT v Wireless Router accepts and provides X wired and wirelessly Problem Although Verizon s Router indicates that Router = Router Westell Netgear failure Wireless + Bridge Routed and Modem it is on Bridge mode the damn thing isnt I thought the main concept of bridging was to become practically invisible and automatically reroute all traffic Netgear Wireless Router and Westell Modem + Router = Routed Bridge failure to the next device which is what I want I want to ultimately use the Netgear device to set Netgear Wireless Router and Westell Modem + Router = Routed Bridge failure all my rules and settings instead I have to Netgear Wireless Router and Westell Modem + Router = Routed Bridge failure do it on both For instance Xbox Live is not working properly I can only play video games without being able to join specific games or perform any in-game video voice chat I have tried NATing the device No luck I have also tried setting the Netgear device as a Wireless Base Station Either way I just would like to have my network ignore device and have the second one invisibly reroute all the access Is that possible Could you please help Thanks to all nbsp

A:Netgear Wireless Router and Westell Modem + Router = Routed Bridge failure

Well, since the "modem" is supplying a private IP address, it's obvious that it's not in bridge mode, that can only happen with a NAT layer, aka a router.

Try this solution to configure it for bridge mode, direct from Verizon: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/highspeed/networking/setup/questionsthree/123756.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wireless-router-and-westell-modem-router-routed-bridge-failure.927868/
Relevancy 57.62%

I Router Verizon router to Netgear Wireless wirelessly my connecting Fios WGT624 have been trying to find a way to connect forward the signal recieve the signal from my Verizon Fios wireless router up to my WGT V Netgear router Is there a way Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router that I can modify my wirless port on my Netgear to recieve a signal wirelessly from my Verizon Wireless router My Neighbor did it once with Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router another wireless router but he can not remember how he did it I am thinking it had something to do with the Firmware If anyone can help me with this that would be great I m basically trying to Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router push the wireless signal from my Verizon router in my basement up to my wireless Netgear router which is recieving the signal on the main level so that I can plug my wired non wireless laptop into the ethernet port which is receiving wireless signal from the Verizon router in the basement in order to gain access to the internet Can this be done with the equipment listed above and or some additional firmware and configuration Thank you for all your assistance on this in advance MCAMPOS nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/verizon-fios-router-connecting-wirelessly-to-my-wgt624-netgear-wireless-router.138211/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,

I am new to TechSpot. Actually, I need some help setting up my wireless network at home. currently, I am using Dlink 502T DSL router for internet and trying to connect the Dlink router to Netgear wireless router WGR614 for wirelss internet connection to other PC's. Could anybody please tell me how to connect these routers. I am trying to connect Dlink with netgear but i am unable to configure the same. When i use Dlink router directly with the PC, my internet works fine but when i try to use netgear inbetween Dlink router and a PC, my internet stops working. Please suggest. I want to distribute internet to my other computer thru netgear wireless router. please help...

ndhingra
http://www.techspot.com/vb/images/icons/icon5.gif

A:how to configure Dlink ADSL router and Netgear Wireless router for internet distrib

Ndhingra said:

Hi all,

I am new to TechSpot. Actually, I need some help setting up my wireless network at home. currently, I am using Dlink 502T DSL router for internet and trying to connect the Dlink router to Netgear wireless router WGR614 for wirelss internet connection to other PC's. Could anybody please tell me how to connect these routers. I am trying to connect Dlink with netgear but i am unable to configure the same. When i use Dlink router directly with the PC, my internet works fine but when i try to use netgear inbetween Dlink router and a PC, my internet stops working. Please suggest. I want to distribute internet to my other computer thru netgear wireless router. please help...

ndhingra
http://www.techspot.com/vb/images/icons/icon5.gifClick to expand...

The easiest way is to run the CD that should have come with the Router, if you havent got it then you will have to configure it manually.

Full instructions can be found on the netgear website here.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-configure-dlink-adsl-router-and-netgear-wireless-router-for-internet-distrib.60584/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have Qwest CenturyLink DSL and recently replaced the Actiontec M modem which crapped out after years of service Replaced it with a Netgear DM PSP v router modem Now I cannot get either of my two routers the Linksys WRT G or WRT N V to broadcast Netgear Connecting router to v2 router/modem wireless WRT160N DM111PSP wireless internet I ve spent the most time on the WRT N It will broadcast a wireless signal but devices that attempt to connect to the internet time out while quot obtaining IP address quot BTW I just happen to have two Connecting WRT160N v2 wireless router to Netgear DM111PSP router/modem wireless routers on hand I only need one to work I can get internet through the hard wire connection I have the Netgear modem hooked up to the quot internet quot port of the WRT N router and the computer is connected to one of the four ethernet ports on the back of the router I can access both router and modem setup pages using this setup The Netgear modem is set up for DHCP server PPPoA encapsulation and gets its DNS address dynamically from the ISP The WRT N is also set up for automatic DHCP configuration These are the settings given by running each set up wizard and this has set me up for some DHCP conflicts I think that setting up a dual modem router in transparent bridging mode PPPoE in theory turns off the DHCP allowing the WRT N to handle DHCP but I have no luck even getting my hard-wired internet connection to work if I switch from PPPoA to PPPoE mode Even if I cut the WRT N out of the loop and connect the computer direct to the DM PSP No internet no nothing The Netgear modem has a setting allowing the user to turn off the router part and just use it as a modem but as soon as I select that option I lose the ability to communicate with the router and my hard wired internet connection went dead So I figured that was just a red herring I tried keeping DHCP enabled for both devices but restricting the issued IP address ranges for each device router and modem so that they didn t overlap No luck there either I ve made sure the IP address assigned to the WRT N router is not within the IP address range assigned by the Netgear modem Lately I tried to set the WRT N to a static IP address using it just to broadcast wireless signal and not assign IP addresses letting the Netgear modem handle that I set the internet IP address to to connect to the modem subnet mask to and set the gateway address to the IP address of the Netgear modem Unfortunately I got stuck because I don t know any of the DNS IP addresses my ISP uses so I was prevented from completing this attempt Which is too bad because I think this would have fixed the problem with the duplicate DHCP management by both router and modem Turned off the firewall at various points while I tried these efforts it doesn t seem to make a difference Starting to wish I had just bought a combo modem wireless router and I would have had wireless internet in the house weeks ago Is there anything you can think of to salvage this combination of router ISP and modem nbsp

A:Connecting WRT160N v2 wireless router to Netgear DM111PSP router/modem

Netgear DM111PSP v2 router/modem.Click to expand...

ifthis is a router then you need to connect the other two routers using their LAN inputs NOT the WAN/internet - unless you set the DM111PSP to bridge mode
you may have already covered the below - but check
see here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wrt160n-v2-wireless-router-to-netgear-dm111psp-router-modem.1073119/
Relevancy 57.62%

So I have AT&T DSL. I bought a Netgear N300 ADSL2+ Modem/WiFi Router that is compatible with my service.

Previously with this Modem/Router it would constantly drop the wireless connection for the Wii I have that was used to stream Netflix.

So recently I bought a Linksys E2500 Router so I could be able to use the Wii, along with 3 other desktops, 1 laptop, and 3 phones.

My ideal setup would be this:
Set the ADSL2+ Modem/Router to be just a modem (I know how to set the option for this)​Connect the Linksys Router to be what all the devices connect to wirelessly (this would serve as the DHCP server) ​
I have read that one of the Routers has to be set to "BRIDGED" mode, yet I don't know which device has to be Bridged

--

A:Solved: Netgear N300 ADSL2+ Router/Modem and Linksys E2500 Router Setup

Set the ADSL2+ Modem/Router to be just a modem (I know how to set the option for this)Click to expand...

this is being set into bridge mode - by changing to a modem

then connect the modem to the WAN on the router and you should be good to go

Do you have a wireless laptop that you can you can put next to the wii - would be useful to see the quality of the wireless signal and how many other wireless are there which may cause interference

put xirrus onto the laptop and put the laptop next to the wii and post a xirrus screen shot
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-n300-adsl2-router-modem-and-linksys-e2500-router-setup.1085080/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
I own a business that offers free Wi-Fi to customers. Originally I had the blue linksys wireless G router hooked up to the booster on the roof. At another location, I just got a Netgear wireless N router, and that worked way better than the linksys. So I got another Netgear router, and installed it in the first location- but I'd like to hook it up to the booster. The guy at Fry's said that the Netgear router will not hookup to the booster- I'd have to hook the Netgear to the linksys, disable something on the linksys, and then the linksys to the booster.
So, my question is, how do I do that?

Thank you very much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-hook-netgear-router-to-linksys-router-to-booster-on-the-roof.141318/
Relevancy 57.62%

How do you connect two routers together to increase signal through the whole house? I am trying to use the n300 as my main router (its hooked to cable modem) and use the 2wire as an access point. The two are connected by a known good ethernet cable.

Thanks,

Josh

A:Connecting netgear n300 router to 2wire 2701 router

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-netgear-n300-router-to-2wire-2701-router.984810/
Relevancy 57.19%

After a series of computer and network failures mostly due to electrical storms and electrical contractors I decided to upgrade my old Netgear router to a new Netgear Wireless-N router I have used Network Magic to manage my networked computers and when I decided to upgrade NM the new version didn t support my old router So it seemed like an all over upgrade update was in order What should have been a simple process-- turn everything off disconnect the old router replace it with the new router and router Netgear router not found wireless - Replacing go through the set up process cable modem on then router on etc has turned into a mystery I used the Netgear startup wizard followed step by step more than once and each time I got to the last part of the process it stalled saying quot No Router Found quot It Replacing Netgear wireless router - router not found was only after several unsuccessful attempts that I decided to open my control panel and check things out Network Connections showed my status as quot connected quot so I opened my browser and found that I am able to connect to the internet What I have not been able to do is to set up my network network security etc I tried to initiate Network Magic for set Replacing Netgear wireless router - router not found up with the same results-- quot no router found quot Anyone know what I have going on here Am I only connected through the LAN connection perhaps To make matters further complicated my phone service is Vonage VOIP and the Vonage device has failed so I m waiting for the new one to arrive can t even call out for help Any suggestions information would be appreciated I m pretty much a novice at this-- at least I am when following the directions leads me nowhere Thanks Tricia nbsp

A:Replacing Netgear wireless router - router not found

let's establish what IS working and then deal with Network Macgic

I assume these simple tests all work:
ping the router address using the ip address
nslookup www.google.com. returns an ip address (notice the period after .com)
ping www.google.com works
and tracert www.google.com works also
and your browser has no problems (just the be sure)

Here is what I see; I assume you have everything EXCEPT the router

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-netgear-wireless-router-router-not-found.148896/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Friends,

Below is my scenario:

1st Router: Netgear (Currently working/Internet ON)
2nd Router, 3rd Router, etc... : All Linksys Routers (Trying to set-up).

I have cable internet and currently Netgear is connected with the cable modem and is supplying internet perfectly. However, I purchased additional Linksys routers and would like to configure them to work with Netgear Router, I have a static IP from the ISP.

Netgear Login IP: 192.168.2.1
Linksys Login IP: 192.168.1.1

BTW: All Routers are wireless as well. Awaiting your reply.

-Thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

Heres my dilemna I have installed a netgear wireless router for me Win and a usb wireless nic card for another pc in the house to share my internet connection The router seems to be configured correctly i have a cable internet connection so my router is configured for dhcp to get ip s from the cable connection my pc runs flawlessly i also have inplace the necessary wireless security But my issue is the other Win wireless workstation it can see my SSID on the network and my connection is reading at but it doesnt seem to Regarding Solved: card... Netgear Router Wireless Netgear USB Wireless nic and see the router i have the worstation configured for dhcp from the router but for some reason they dont see eachother I dont understand why if i run ipcofig on the win pc i get a apipa address instead of a dhcp ip address that my router should be pushing out just like it does for my pc I think im Solved: Regarding Netgear Wireless Router and Netgear USB Wireless nic card... missing a major step here but i cant see it nbsp

A:Solved: Regarding Netgear Wireless Router and Netgear USB Wireless nic card...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-regarding-netgear-wireless-router-and-netgear-usb-wireless-nic-card.450955/
Relevancy 55.47%

Good Evening
hope someone can help

i have a netgear router dg834gt and netgear switch gs608

2 computers connected direct to router work fine (using vista!)

yet 4 computers through switch have no internet access!! (using xp)

switch is connected via Cat5E cable to router
have tried everything i can think, with exceptions of upgrading firmware!

any help would be greatly recieved! (am having to make do with dongle!)

Cheers

A:Solved: no internet through switch (Netgear router Netgear switch)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-internet-through-switch-netgear-router-netgear-switch.824500/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a new VoIP service and because of that I use a Linksys Broadband RT P router included with the service router? with Netgear a Router Using Linksys The computer which is connected to this router works perfectly fine and so does the phone Everything works fine but I now want that router Linksys to provide wireless access to a laptop The problem is that the laptop is not picking up a signal from the router and the router configuration page has no option to quot send quot a signal for wireless connection I am Using Linksys Router with a Netgear router? starting to think that the Linksys Broadband RT P router is not meant for wireless access or it would have this option and make a mention of wireless access Here s the product page for the router http www linksys com products pro rid amp scid I also have a Netgear WGR v router and wondering if there s something I should do with this router I thought of connecting the Netgear router to Linksys using an Ethernet cable Therefore the Linksys router would be the main router and I d use the Netgear router as some sort of a secondary router that would give a wireless signal to the Using Linksys Router with a Netgear router? laptop I also tried it the other way around having the Linksys router connect to the Netgear router Its a bit confusing I don t know where to go from here If I make Netgear the main router the computer will work and eventhough the laptop receives the signal it will not connect to the Internet If I use Linksys as the main router the computer will work but the laptop picks up no signal from the Netgear router Any ideas nbsp

A:Using Linksys Router with a Netgear router?

That linksys router isn't a wireless router. I've never tried hooking up two routers in serial so I can't help you there, but linksys does have a wireless router that supports VoIP that would eliminate the two router problem. The linksys model number is WRT54GP2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-linksys-router-with-a-netgear-router.18138/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ive got a new NETGEAR WG511 Wireless PCMCIA Card 54Mbps,
WinXP Home SP2
A Wireless Network using NETGEAR Router...

I have it up and running...BUT

when connected it shows speed of around 36/48Mbps (even if right next to router)
Iam using the laptop in same room 5ft away and when i open firefox it slows down to 11mb

Whilst this wud be ok for speed it seems that its not...My internet is 2Mb and 0.5Mb after 6pm
but with this wireless card its just a little faster than dial up (70-90kbps)

what can this be? ive enabled most internet related services..?

thanks

A:Solved: NETGEAR WG511 is slow (dial-up speed)

Hi,

I maybe misunderstanding but if your ISP limits you to a 512K connection after 6pm 70-90Kbps is slightly faster than you should be getting.

The connection speed to your router won't matter (unless it drops below the ISP connection speed).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-wg511-is-slow-dial-up-speed.596524/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have tried everything I can think of. I have called At&T and Netgear to try and solve my issue. I am of average brain power, so yes it is plugged in, yes I ran the setup wizard etc. Just wondering if anyone may have any other thoughts I have not come up with yet. Just to be clear, all I am trying to do is hook a Netgear router up to my existing DSL connection, to go hard wired and wireless. Everyone keeps telling me how easy it is supposed to be, yet no answers. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you could give.

Relevancy 52.03%

HI
i am using UltraVNC to try connet to other Pc's on the net work but i get a message saying cant connect but i can connet to the other pc's pluged into the router.
any ideas what i need to do?
thanks
Joe

Relevancy 52.03%

We have a compaq pc connected toOrange broadband by a speedtouch modem that is pluggedd into a usb.

we also have a HP Pavillion pc upstairs which is on internet with a Tesco daytime dial up connection

my question would a netgear router enable me to connect both these computers as a wireless network

A:netgear router

if the netgear router supports wireless connections and both pc's have wireless cards installed you shouldn't have any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router.624238/
Relevancy 52.03%

We just got upgrade to the TWC 50meg high speed internet. TWC provided us with a Arris modem/router/wireless router. We also have a Netgear WNDR4500 wireless router that we really like. We have the netgear router already preconfigured with out setting and really do not want to move away from it.

If we did we would have add all the sittings from the netgear router to the ariss.

My question is, how can I configure the ariss router so I do not have to use the features it has that I have not use for?

Any help would be appreciated?

Relevancy 52.03%

i have a netgear mr814 v2 router and i am having trouble configuring the router when i do wizard it says i have a pphp internet connection and asks for login and password i entered the login details i use for my broadband and then it asks for my ip and my server ip how do i find out my server ip and what is pphp?
please someone

A:Netgear router help

Tell us where you are and we might be able to give some specific advise!
You should have been given the values you need by your ISP - have you asked them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-router-help.88540/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I have recently purchased a NETGEAR wireless router and I need to know how to set it up, I have run the cd that came with it and typed in all the settings but it won't connect to the internet, it says "the remote computert is not responding", befor i plugged the router, the modem on it's own would connect to the internet. What have I done wrong. Thanks. Coastymad. Ps my modem in an ASUS AAM 6000EV. ANd my wirekess router is a NETGEAR 108Mbps Wireless Firewall Router WGT624 v2. And I read the menu and it has no help on this topic.

A:How do i set up my netgear router?

The biggest mistake was not reading the manual..

How did you know what settings to type in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-set-up-my-netgear-router.35412/
Relevancy 52.03%

I turned off my DGN2000 Wireless/Modem router for a day because it was getting hot. When I turned it back on I lost all connection. I am able to have connect to the internet but my ID and Password to my router is not working and not letting me connect to the internet. Only to the Netgear set up page. I called netgear but my 1 year warranty is expired and what they were able to tell me is that I need to reset the IP addresses. I need help I've been paying for internet but I can't use it.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello there!

I have a DELL Dimension 4600 series desktop computer and have bought a DELL Inspiron 1525 laptop. I also have a Netgear WPN824v2 refurbished router - hence no CD with installation wizard. Can anyone please tell me how to just plug in/connect the router to the desktop computer so that I can use the laptop wirelessly? I have Virgin Media cable broadband. I have looked at the manual on line but it seems to assume that the router is already connected to the computer, I can't even get that far!!My desktop runs on Windows XP and the laptop is Windows Vista.

A:Taken Netgear router out of box ... now what do I do?

Reset the router to factory default settings. Connect an ethernet cable between one of the LAN ports and the desktop. If necessary consult the user manual for how to configure the computer's TCP/IP properties.

Then login to the router, configure the wireless the way you want it (don't encrypt until you have a working wireless connection), and configure the WAN if necessary if you want to connect it to your modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taken-netgear-router-out-of-box-now-what-do-i-do.737976/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Speedstream 5100 modem and am trying to set up router. Have not been able to connect to internet. Have tried the set up but doesn't work. The router is a Netgear RangeMax Next Wireless WPN 824. I can connect to internet directly with modem but can't get router to connect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi i just bought a netgear router 300 wnr3500l-100nas today. My laptop is running at 20mbs and when i us the network cable its at 30mbs any way to get this router to put out 30?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-300.1059989/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just installed a Netgear 834n rangemaxrouter and now I have a problem with my 2 seperate 2.4 ghz wireless telephone.Only in the room where the router is the incoming voice breaks up on each seperate line as I walk out of the room the phone is ok,outgoing talk is heard fine.Phone service is from Verizon,I have 4 uniden wireless phones 1 being hardwired.Is there any way to fix this as the router works well and I dont want to put hard wired phones in this room?

Relevancy 52.03%

Ok here is my problem........When connecting my laptop directly to my modem I get around 20mbps on internet speed tests. But when I connect though my netgear router I get less then 10mbps. Can any offer a solution for this please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/netgear-router-319630.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I am using a Netgear WGR614 router. I have been using it for about 3 months and has been running fine.

Just yesterday I tried to setup a port forwarding for Overnet it hung after keying the IP section.
I waited for some time before I finally decided to close the blank window.

However after that my internet connection was cut off. The led lights are still present. However I can no longer detect the router. I can no longer access the configuration utility anymore, and when i unplug the router i get back my connection.

Is there anyway i can kinda do a hard reset ?

A:Help with Netgear router !

Have you tried leaving it unplugged for ten minutes? That will sometime reset routers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-netgear-router.191462/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Everyone I have just recently been experiencing problems with my Netgear WGR V router I came back Netgear Help! router about a week ago from vacation and all the lights on the router were flashing I didn t think to much about it and just reset the cable modem and router I reinstalled the router software and verified all the correct information I also updated my router with some patch on the netgear website Every time i reset the router it only lasts about half an hour Then a message pops up at the bottom right hand corner of the Help! Netgear router screen saying quot Network Cable unplugged quot This really frustrates me as i have also replaced the ethernet cord supplying the connection I also checked to make sure the cables are plugged in correctly Any help with this would be greatly appreciated I currently am running Windows XP Someone told me the wireless card inside the tower may be malfunctioning And they usually run cheap on newegg com So any suggestions or help would greatly appreciated since i want to play Call of Duty online on the ps Thanks nbsp

A:Help! Netgear router

update the WiFi driver.

verify that your land-line phone is NOT a 2.4ghz wireless also as it will interfere
with your WiFi connection.

If you're on the internet via DSL connection with your TelCo, then be sure ALL
phones have the filter installed as close to the wall jack as possible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-netgear-router.92763/
Relevancy 52.03%

Internet Icon shows this netgear99 2. Properites shows Attachment 336034 .

A:netgear router

The attachment you have linked is invalid.

There are a lot of Netgear routers so can you be more specific & what do you want to know about it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348197-netgear-router.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Does anybody know if there are like demos for some of the netgear router's.

I am forever helping out my brother on his router and i am not to familiar with netgear routers.

So i think a demo for me would be good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router.630866/
Relevancy 52.03%

Can anyone shed any light on setting up VPN from a remote PC to the office network via a netgear router?

A:VPN with netgear router

I don't know exactly what kind of info you're looking for but generally speaking:

- The client workstation uses a hardware or software "endpoint" on the client side
- Allowed users are placed in a table (the router itself, RADIUS, Active Directory, etc.) with username and password
- When an external user attempts a connection the vpn isolates the user from the internal network then checks the table to see if the username password combination is correct.
- If authenticated, the user has access to resources behind the firewall/VPN. If not authenticated, the connection is dumped.

There's a lot more going on behind the scenes....hashing algorithms, PPTP vs. IPSEC protocol, user isolation, etc. But that's a high level view.

If you'd be a bit more specific about the problem we'll try to steer you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-with-netgear-router.446717/
Relevancy 52.03%

I lost my Netgear CD and now that I have reinstalled XP it wont detect the router. I believe I need to install the stuff from the CD but I lost it heh. Is there anyway to get the stuff needed for it some other way? Or if possible make the computer detect the router? Thanx

Relevancy 52.03%

Does anyone know how to get into the settings page for netgear?
I have a DG834G and can access the settings from mt PC from 192.168.0.1 but cant get in from my Laptop. I want to change my WEP key and can do it from PC but then Lappy can't connect (obviously). How do I access the settings from Lappy to match PC 192.168.0.1 doesn't work from Laptop.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all,

Just upgraded my firmware on netgear dg8343g version 2 and the Internet light keeps flashing yellow for about 10 seconds, stops then tries again..

all the settings are still there, it says Negotiation: lcp is allowed to come up then keeps refreshing every few seconds

any idea how to fix it

thanks

A:Netgear Router Help

Quote: Originally Posted by s31

Hey all,

Just upgraded my firmware on netgear dg8343g version 2 and the Internet light keeps flashing yellow for about 10 seconds, stops then tries again..

all the settings are still there, it says Negotiation: lcp is allowed to come up then keeps refreshing every few seconds

any idea how to fix it

thanks

I am assuming you rebooted both the modem, router, and PC, right?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83450-netgear-router-help.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Sorry if I m being a little bit stupid but at the moment I am panicking I am not good with computers and i just use them for fun so i will try to explain this the best way I can At the moment I am on my dads iPad but I originally made the mistake on my laptop I also have another laptop which nobody uses and a desktop computer which Is painfully slow so I didn t bother to try and use that whilst making the error It all started when my ds would not update I looked online and the nintendo support group told me I should try and use a public dns which at first I did not know what it was and possibly disable my firewall So I looked online again for a how to router Help NETGEAR with disable a net gear firewall and it said first of all to type in into my Internet browser So I followed suit and I don t know the word for it but the website thing looks like a place to change my modem settings or something like that First of all I clicked on the firewall rules and tried to follow what Help with NETGEAR router it said so I clicked allow all on the settings but then I didn t like what I saw so decided to stop so I clicked cancel Next I was stupidly inquisitive So had a look at the basic settings option and saw it had something to do with the DNS So I had a look then clicked cancel again as I knew I didn t know what I was doing This all sounds fine except when I Help with NETGEAR router tried to access the Internet I was unable to do so and so tried using the setup wizard but to no avail If you need any other information I will be happy to give it to you and I thank you in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a DVR connected to CCTV cameras that I would like to connect to my computer via Ethernet and a Netgear N150 router which also handles my broadband.

A program called VideoViewer is installed on the computer which works with the DVR to view images on the computer via ethernet.

Funny thing is that it works with a Zoom router, but not the Netgear

There must be settings on the Netgear that needs changing - any ideas please.....

Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to help my sister she has less knowledge than me.

She as a new laptop working fine on Netgear Router with AOL
We are now trying to set her old desktop with the netgear usb adapter.
Put the USB cd in the desk top finds the connection to Router,
When we try to connect to Internet no connection.
Should I have first used the ROUTER cd withe the cable to set that up first?
Sorry i am so vague but not really Tech minded

Thanks in Advance

A:Netgear router with with usb adapter

You should always configure a router with a wired connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-with-with-usb-adapter.878470/
Relevancy 51.6%

I use a netgear DG834GT router and get good internet connectivity with 2 computers wired plus 1 wireless.
I cannot set up a network between 2 computers though. I have asked several computer savvy people (inc tech support @ PC world) to no avail. Netgears' support is worse than useless.
Have tried all that I can inc the network wizard in all it's forms plus other methods too numerous to remember or mention.
Does anyone have a clue? Both systems are running XP and both machines are similar spec.
Thx in anticipation.

Relevancy 51.6%

I'll be upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit win 7 pro on my Thinkpad x200. Currently using a netgear DG834G v5 router/adsl modem.
Will the router be compatible with the change from 32 to 64 bit O.S ?

A:Win 7 pro 64 bit + Netgear DG834G router

The router's functionality is independent of a computer's operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-pro-64-bit-netgear-dg834g-router.1008088/
Relevancy 51.6%

All I am having the same problem with the exact same modem When I am trying to actually login into the router to actually set up the router I constantly get the same error connection has timed out It should also be noted that I have also reset both routers numerous times etc all to no avail Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Norman L Phelps II gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name NormanLPhelp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Netgear router issues Realtek RTL Family PCI Gigabit E thernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - D- F- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October AM Lease Expires Tuesday October AM Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Netgear router issues Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - A- - -F - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Norman L Phelps II gt nbsp

A:Netgear router issues

Glad you got it working. Please mark this 'solved' using the Thread Tools at the upper right.

nx74205, if you are still having a problem please start your own thread so we can try to help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-issues.632246/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently purchased a netgear WGR614 v6 however I can't get it to attach to the network. Using 192.168.1.1 I have used the wizard and the basic settings to try to connect but no joy. IP address is Dynamic, have contacted ISP to get both primary and secondary DNS but still get Page is unavailable. When I plug the modem back into computer I can access the internet fine.

I have tried powering down Modem, Router and Computer, then switch on Modem, after about a minute switch on router abd then finally boot up computer and still nothing.

Please Help!!!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, my friend is having some trouble with his computer, he can't play any video games while connected to his router. Ones I know for sure don't work are Guild Wars and Supreme Commander.

I suggested that he might have to forward his ports appropriately, and so he did but to no avail.

Whenever he tries to connect he gets some sort of "connection failed" error. His router is a Netgear WGR614 v6. We know its something with his router, because if he plugs his computer directly into the modem it works just fine.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Netgear Router Problems

i am having the exact same problem my router is wpn824v2, i can connect to guild wars but my average ping is about 5,000 and gets up to 51,000 at times, if i the move the mouse around wildly i get no lag. ive unlocked everything in the router, all ports needed. i play almost any other game it works fine.... but counterstrike wont even connect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-problems.618363/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
I have had Comcast cable internet and am trying to switch to DSL , is getting to be way to much for cable . My router NetGear RP144 works fine with the cable internet modem, but I am having difficulty getting it to work with SBC DSL modem . When I unplug my router and hook the DSL straight to one computer it works just fine I can get online with no problem, but when I try to work it with the router for my 2 computers it doesn't load for some reason. I have been using http://192.168.1 for the Wizard Set-up in my router, and it isn't working when the program is finished. Is there something I need to do manually, or is there something someone can tell me to do differently? Thanks, MrGordy

A:Question re: Netgear router RP-114

Does your DSL use PPPoE? Meaning you need to enter your username and password to connect to the ISP? That is how most of them work I am familiar with. Try changing the connection type in the main router config screen to PPPoE setting.

Also give your ISP a call, they should be helpful in your setup.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-re-netgear-router-rp-114.55898/
Relevancy 51.6%

So I had my brand NETGEAR dsl router modem with new netgear router modem hooked up I could never get connection to the internet i have been on the phone with netgear techsupport for like hours total and i have been on the phone with my internet provider for couple hours and it still doesnt work I used the setup wizard of the netgear to get the ip address but it would never show up NETGEAR router with dsl modem so talk to the techs at netgear they said i need a id and password to sign on cause dsl usually needs a username and password so i call up tech support of my internet provider asking for it and they said doesnt have so then tried other things with netgear nothing worked in the netgear manuall it says dat ip address wit the numbers - - is a private ip address and needs to sign up with certain site to get a ip NETGEAR router with dsl modem address but when i asked the netgear tech support he said that it doesnt matter the info i got dynamic ip address ep bridged cant obtain ip address Please if you have any info about this pls let me know im on my rd weekend of tryin to set it up and im running out of days to return it thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I can get to net with DSL Modem
but not from modem to Netgear Router to computer.
Tried http://192.168.0.1
But I couldn't get there (Time ran out - message)

Need advice
Euge

Relevancy 51.6%

Well i want to port forward and following the guide at portforward.com i went to 192.168.0.1 and typed in admin for the username and password for password, but this combination doesnt work for me..

What else could it be i have tried admin + admin and other obvious ones. Another thing is the router i use the Wg111t is not on the portfoward list of routers but when i type in 192. etc. it says DG834GT so i followed the guide for that router.

any suggestions?

A:Netgear Router Problem

Was your Netgear supplied by your AOL or SKY?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-problem.823745/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello ppl. I have a netgear wireless router (http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/wgr614v4.asp) which is hooked up to my cable modem. the problem is that after approx every 15min. there is no connection?! At this point I go and remove the power from the router and reset it. this allows for the connection to resume but I have to keep doing it every 15 mins!? wats the problem?

A:Netgear Router Problems

Some things you can try here.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

If this fails, I'm going to guess it's maybe broken.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-problems.708686/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using a Netgear router on a wireless system. I installed everything correctly and it was working fine, until now. My laptop computer now instead of linking to the "NETGEAR2" network, links to the "linksys" network. How can I make it switch back?

Relevancy 51.6%

I recently just bought a netgear wgr614v4 wireless router used from a friend. I originally rest it to factory settings and put in all my info name, password etc. and it was working fine and working beautifully except my wii wouldn't connect to it, so I made the HUGE mistake of trying to reset it to factory settings again, and now I can't get it to log on so I can't put in my info, it just brings me to the netgear website, so figured I'd called netgear support. The tech said that it was a configuration problem and he could fix it, but I'd have to sign up for a service plan, and I really don't have the $$$ for that now. I'm at my wits ends, and can't figure this out at all. Please help!

Relevancy 51.6%

I m having a Netgear router Messenger MSN & curious issue of late namely that every time I try and send a file or receive a file via Windows Live Messenger and my Netgear Netgear router & MSN Messenger WGR v router switches the wireless Netgear router & MSN Messenger off It s in the next room and becoming a major Netgear router & MSN Messenger annoyance to have to keep restarting it But that s definitely the cause someone can offer to send me a file and I can choose to cancel it but if I accept a file the network connection times out within a couple of minutes and looking at the router the wireless light has gone off I had wondered if maybe I was overloading it but I had torrents web browsers on automatic refresh and an instance of the Matrix Online running earlier with no issue It s just Messenger s file transfer thing I ve firmware-upgraded the router and if it weren t for practicality reasons I d give up and go back to good old u which incidentally works normally after the wireless connection has bombed It happens on both my desktop PC and laptop both using g as is the router Security is off but so is broadcast SSID I m mystified by this does anyone have any thoughts nbsp

A:Netgear router & MSN Messenger

Ever tried MSN Messenger 7.5

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-msn-messenger.483220/
Relevancy 51.6%

My Router Problem : I'm using Netgear Router for 1 year. Just few months I'm facing a strange problem. I'm using 2 PCs at home which are conncted to a Netgear router. I haven't done any configuration in the router, just simple as I connected through cable, thats all I did. I can browse any web site, but I can't log-in to any email, untill I go the router and refresh everything. After refreshing the router I can log-in to any email to check my mails. But after a while later I face the problem again, and have to refresh the router. I also face the same problem when I download any file from any web page, it stuck or stop the download process.

Please help me....

Relevancy 51.6%

Ok i have struggled with this for a Xbox netgear to router a ICS through Using week now What i Using ICS through a netgear router to Xbox m trying to do is share my USB G modem to my Xbox Tried setting up an ad hoc network using stock Vista settings and also tried using a program called Connectify Using stock vista settings the ad hoc simply will not work Using Connectify the ad hoc network works but only for a couple of Using ICS through a netgear router to Xbox hours then the USB modem tries to connect to my Using ICS through a netgear router to Xbox ad hoc network which then disables the Internet connection on the USB modem Its a baffling problem but most likely something to do with the USB modem which just gets stuck trying to connect to a wep secured ad hoc network the usb modem cannot be connected to mobile and wifi so it simply shuts the connection down So ad hoc simply does not work So instead i m trying to share my internet connection through my Netgear router I read around the net that in order to do this DHCP needs to be disabled on the router So i disabled it Now the xbox will not connect to the netgear router it cannot get an ip address because DHCP is turned off I looked around the net and all the information is conflicting No matter what i cannot get an ip number from the router to the xbox DHCP needs to be off for ICS to function but i get no further than quot cannot get ip address quot The xbox is connected to the netgear it sees the netgear fine but will not get an ip How can i get my xbox to get an ip from the router with DHCP turned off Sorry if this is the wrong forum its a minefield of different boards in here nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone im here for some help 34G Network Help Please! DG8 (NETGEAR router) from all you computer geniuses out there I have a NETGEAR DG G router that runs from my DELL PC and allows me and my family to access the internet wirelessly from out laptops Both the PC and all laptops are Windows XP versions I had some trouble getting onto the internet a while back so I called up AOL and they said the router had gone offline They helped me reconnect it but ever since my wireless network has gone Network Help Please! (NETGEAR DG8 34G router) wrong The network that we all usually use disappeared and an old one reappeared The old did not have a password or anything so I followed the AOL steps to create a Network Help Please! (NETGEAR DG8 34G router) secure network I can connect to the new secure network if I am in the same room at the router but as soon as I leave the room the new network disappears from the available wireless networks page on the laptop and the only one available is the old network which doesn t even work if I connect it I have spent an hour and a half on the phone to AOL and they were no help at all In the end they told me to do re-install drivers or something like that and that means nothing to me I really don t have a clue what to do as everything was working fine and now its gone up the creak I hope I have explained everything ok and any help that you can offer would be wonderful nbsp

A:Network Help Please! (NETGEAR DG8 34G router)

sounds like a range problem - wheres the router sited and the aerial pointing - try changing postion - if you can detect the wireless and connect - and then when you move away from the router you lose the signal - that sounds like signal strength ....

can you post an ipconfig /all (see below) from one of the non-working pc's

and one from the working PC - which is connected by cable

- then can you copy files to the other PC - via CD or Flashdrive ???
if so , copy this program and run it - lets see what wireless signals it finds

Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/NetStumbler.shtml

http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/303-netstumbler.html

---------------------------
ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-help-please-netgear-dg8-34g-router.692283/
Relevancy 51.6%

i have a huge problem, im currently running windows 7 home version 32bit.
I have a netgear WGR614 wireless router and cisco cable modem.
when the modem is connected to the router it says DNS SERVER NOT RESPONDING OR DNS SERVER DOES NOT EXIST. i cannot access internet whatsoever, however, when i plug the cable modem directly to the computer it works beautifully. no connection problems whatsoever. ive tried disconnecting the wireless router but to no avail. Can someone please give me a possible solution or some guidance ???? PLEASE THANK YOU.

A:Help please.. Dns not responding.. Netgear wgr router

Hello henrypaderez, welcome to the forum

Do you have a manual for that router? It explains the set up very well; ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/wg...ref_manual.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/178923-help-please-dns-not-responding-netgear-wgr-router.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Netgear router WNR N that keeps dropping signals on the Ghz radio but not the GHz channel I ve had Netgear router issues the router for about a year It replaced another Netgear router that did the same thing The firmware is up to date so my thought is the radio has gone bad but I have no idea If Netgear router issues this works right I ve posted a screenshot of inSSIDer s time graph You ll notice the thick line the GHz channel is stable It Netgear router issues s the that keeps plunging I added the guest network just to see what it does and it acts the same The top two lines are the GHz signals the standard SSID and the guest network The thicker line is the GHz signal and the lower line is the GHz extender used to get the signal to the farthest part of the house My plan is to replace the router but I thought I d ask in case it s some settings I can adjust but I doubt it Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-issues.1087266/
Relevancy 51.6%

My wireless network took a few tries to work b it started working fine on my laptop and computer and every other machine I have at home It seems that whenever my desktop connects netgear router big having with trouble to my network it kicks off everything else but that fixed itself thru a reset of the modem Now however my network is totally messed up cuz sometimes it works perfectly and having big trouble with netgear router other times my ps laptop my sister s laptop and my desktop can not connect to my network only my cousin s laptop can i m getting reallyy sick of this ipconflict insanity i always get this error that the router is not assigning a proper ip or something and then i looked on the internet and like honestly i did ipconfig all and my laptop s network connections well see for urself this is JUST my laptop im pretty sure its insanely messed up S help is appreciateddd Host Name Niazi Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Conn ection Physical Address - B- - B-F -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d de eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday June AM Lease Expires Wednesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - A- B- F- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - B- - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E F F-F - - - D E E AB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C - A - F - E -FA EB br BD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e fd b ba a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe fd b ba a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C - A - F - E -FA EB br BD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

A:having big trouble with netgear router

can you post an ipconfig /all for each machine and make sure we know which belongs to which machine - name them or something ....
also for each machine can you post what version of windows its using, XP Vista etc
post how connected , via cable or via wirelessa

do you only get an ip conflict message

d

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-big-trouble-with-netgear-router.835136/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
My friend just bought a new sony laptop with vista that has built in wireless. However, after numerous attempts to connect to the wireless network, windows keeps saying that it can not connect to that network. Also, it does say that it's WEP protected, but doesn't give any options to put that in.
What needs to be done to fix this problem and connect wirelessly to the web.

Thank You

A:Netgear Mr814 V2 Router

Have you checked to see if your NetGear router is Vista compatible. Some NetGear routers aren't, and there are some updates available for some of them on the NetGear website.Try disabling IPv6 for starters, and the DHCP Broadcast flag ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233 )The WEP settings are set in your router - and you'll need to enter them in the wireless connection's properties in order to connect with WEP. BUT, the first step is to disable the WEP in the router and the computer until you get connected. Then add the WEP to the mix so things don't get unduly complicated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90632/netgear-mr814-v2-router/
Relevancy 51.6%

New guy!!! I have a netgear router WNR2000 That I stopped the wireless signal. I know it was a simple thing at first but now I wand to use the wirell signal. I don't have a clue how to re activate it and it is driving me nuts. this router is running my Gateway and my wifes computer and a vonage Machine for our phone system.
Any help will be appreciated. Bob S.

A:Netgear wireless router

with one of the PC connected by cable - log into the router and enable the wireless
enter your router version here
http://kb.netgear.com/app/
WNR2000
A list will appear with V1 or 2 or 3

then on documentation tab - you will see the user manual

You should be able to loginto the router by

You can connect to the wireless router by typing either of these URLs in the address field of your browser, and then pressing Enter:
• http://www.routerlogin.net
• http://www.routerlogin.com
If these URLs do not work, you must type the IP address of the router, for example, http://www.192.168.1.1

Enter admin for the router user name and your password (or the default, password)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wireless-router.971410/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all I m a n b here and I m not sure if this is the right forum for this question so please admonish at will It s not really a broadband issue but most definitely a networking issue and my setup and (or router Hi, XP) issues NetGear is as follows a NetGear DG GT DSL modem and Wi-Fi router x Acer Travelmate laptops running XP Pro SP connecting through WiFi x XP Pro SP desktop PCs one connecting through a NetGear wireless USB dongle the other direct to the router via Cat All Hi, and NetGear router (or XP) issues machines are set to resolve IP addresses automatically from the Hi, and NetGear router (or XP) issues router via DHCP but each machine has a static IP assigned to it on the router All machines work perfectly except for the one connecting directly via Cat On reboot it takes forever well it varies from between minutes to up to an hour for the router to recognise the machine hostname On the attached devices on the router management page it displays the correct IP and MAC address for the machine but the host name is not resolved correctly - it displays quot UNKNOWN quot However as soon as the machine is booted up it can access the internet through the router no problem I ve tried everything including backup format reinstall installing a new power supply the old one was tired anyway and causing trouble and fiddled around with DhcpNodeType settings in the registry among others And it s also not a virus or some other malware - I ve run all the scans Can anyone suggest another angle of attack or possibly a resolution or even just moan about the same problem I feel so alone right now That would be great thanks nbsp

A:Hi, and NetGear router (or XP) issues

As a test, boot this machine in Safe Mode with Networking and see if the same symptoms exist. This sounds like something running on the machine, I'd like to see if a safe boot will come up right away.

I'd also like to see the following from the problem machine right after a normal boot when it's not recognized, and again after it's recovered and working normally.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-and-netgear-router-or-xp-issues.797080/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey all I successfully hooked up a Netgear WGR wireless router at my girlfriends house I don t know how but I did after much trial and error and this was on a PC running SE Now I am trying to hook up the same brand and model router to a friends PC problem, router Netgear please help XP Pro and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it Netgear router problem, please help I called Netgear tech support and after walking me through a bunch of ipconfig release renew type stuff he declared in broken english that my router was defective So I took it back and got another one Same problems So it s not the router I uninstalled SP thinking it might help but it didn t I can connect fine on my DSL modem but the router won t connect at all All lights are lit on the router which should mean it s ready to go Power internet connection wireless signal and LAN My DSL modem has ready light power light and ethernet connection lights on So it should be ready to go Anyone had any similiar problems with this type of router Should I return it and pick up another brand Will it make a difference Are there any settings on my PC I should change to make it work Any help is appreciated I m taking it back tomorrow unless anyone can help me fix it tonight I am hoping it s just something I overlooked but we ll see nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

My "asus" tablet. It has numbers and was tied in ok to my pc.Until my my daughter-in-law reset it, trying to help with a different problem..? Is this fairly simple to do, again? there are security numbers and a serial number on the back, of the router. Are these t to be used? please accept my thanks on this. bob s ~waiting to hear

A:[SOLVED] netgear router/how do i tie it-----

If the router is using WEP or WPA encryption you will have to enter the paraphrase into each device. The numbers on the back are either WPS password and the MAC address.

Go to the manufacture of your router website and look for "Support" or documents to show you how to do this.

Other than that we can not help you with passwords, keys, and codes it is against the rules here. Forum Rules

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-netgear-router-how-do-i-tie-it-783465.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am not sure that I am in the right location here. I have a problem getting my router to connect my laptop to my internet. Can someone help me or tell me where I need to post this, please? Wrenie/SIZE]e

Relevancy 51.6%

First, i am at my fathers house, in a apartment, it is a tele2 house (ISP) that has special ports and a tiny modem with 1 ethernet port.
The router is MR814v2.
First, i did a factory reset on the router, then connected to it, when i weren't connected to the internet.
I wrote the mac adress that was written on the modem, and i selected "Get automaticly from the ISP" on the IP and some other thing.
It didn't work.
What should i do?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all I loopback Netgear Router have searched the internet for hours for an answer to this and the few methods that i have found have not worked and so i Netgear Router loopback am hoping that somebody here has the answer I have a netgear wireless router DG GT and i run a Netgear Router loopback personal web server on my network Everything works fine except when i go to jplamb co uk from my network it can not load the page I found out that my router does not allow loopback but that there are patches that can make it work I have tried http www waveform plus com netgear html but this did not work it says it can not exicute script on router and comes up with error quot The script returned non-zero exit code RC quot Does anybody have another way to enable loopback i use the website from both home and out of the house and i use a lot of links so using the local address is not really an option Thank you Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Ok I need some help. I got a netgear wireless router that I want to use for my playstation 3 internet connection only so i got two ethernet cords one white one as my source going into the router and then one going from the ps3 to the router but I am having a issue with my net as now I cant open any youtube videos or download anything. I could this morning but it just all of a sudden started this. Can someone help Me? Is there a setting on my router that can fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-connected-to-both-pc-and-ps3.738877/
Relevancy 51.6%

A couple days ago I figured out the neighbors were jacking my wireless so I put a password on it.
Ever since then, one of my laptops will not connect every morning and I have to go and turn the power off and then on on the router and modem. Other people in my house don't have this problem so it is with my laptop, which is the only one with vista. I try to reset, reboot, etc on this vista laptop, but it will not get internet access until I reset the router and modem. What kind of software glitch might make this happen? This seems to happen every 24 hours.

Much thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

I pressed the reset button on my netgear router (WGR614 v7) and now the wireless light will not go on and i can't connect to it because I don't have a ethernet cable.

A:Netgear router not working

Take the ethernet cable connecting your router to your modem, connect your computer directly to the router, configure the router, replace the cable between router and modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-not-working.1039722/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone,

I have a Netgear WGT624v3 router that came with the WG111T 108MBPS Wireless USB adapter. I noticed that my connection keeps dropping on it and I cannot understand why.

My question is, I have a laptop downstairs close to the modem and router, so I wondered if I could connect my laptop to the internet through my wireless router using wires and take the USB adapter to my PC upstairs to get it on the net?

I have tried connecting the modem to the router and then running a wire from the router into my laptop, but it doesn't seem to create a connection although it says on my laptop that it is connected. Can I do this?

Thanks.
Gareth.

A:Netgear WGT624 Router

gazsharpe101 said:

Hi everyone,

I have a Netgear WGT624v3 router that came with the WG111T 108MBPS Wireless USB adapter. I noticed that my connection keeps dropping on it and I cannot understand why.Click to expand...

First step is to change channels on the router to see if that helps.

My question is, I have a laptop downstairs close to the modem and router, so I wondered if I could connect my laptop to the internet through my wireless router using wires and take the USB adapter to my PC upstairs to get it on the net?Click to expand...

Yep, wired or wireless is an option for any machine that has both capabilities.

I have tried connecting the modem to the router and then running a wire from the router into my laptop, but it doesn't seem to create a connection although it says on my laptop that it is connected. Can I do this?Click to expand...

Are you connecting the modem to the WAN/Internet connection of the router? Did you turn off the modem for at least 30 seconds when you changed the attached device or computer?

If the above answers are yes, let's see this for the laptop when you're connected with a wired connection.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wgt624-router.691504/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi ive got a "netgear DG834Gv5 router" ive changed the default password in the "netgear smart wizard" but when i log onto IE and put in 192.168.0.1 the box pops up telling me to put in username/password i still have to log in with the default password.

A:Netgear DG834Gv5 Router

Log back into the router with the defaults, change it again and make sure to save your changes.Another thing you can try is to clear the cache and restart the browser.Let me know how it went.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359444/netgear-dg834gv5-router/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have xp operating system and a netgear wgr version The check light is not on and it will not find my dns I have tried turning off the computer then resetting the router turning of the router turning of the modem WAIT Turn on the modem wait turn on the router waited five minutes this time then turned on the computer Once loaded I went to logged in and started running the on board setup software and it froze and then I wasn t even able to get back into It wouldn t even go back to the login screen before I logged in i did get the ipconfig all report and was as follows Windows IP Configuration Host Name YOUR- DC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet Please Router) Wireless help (Netgear adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -CA- - -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Please help (Netgear Wireless Router) Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM I greatly appreciate your time and hope to hear back soon nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi i got problem with my netgear router. Internet stops working randomly for all hardware(laptops,cellphone). I see that router is still connected to the internet and everything seems to be fine even my devices are still connected to the router but they don't have internet. When that happens (example) i need to go to my cellphone setting s and disable wifi and enable it again then i get internet again. That is really strange problem and i have no idea what that can be. It happens only for automatic ips not for static and only on wifi(yeah i'm using only static now, but i need to set up all devices)...

I have Netgear Rangemax Dual Band Wireless-N (DGND3300-100NAS).

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Peter

A:netgear router problem

it may wireless interference or dns issue

what do you use as a dns setting when you setup manual IPS which do NOT disconnect

can you do all the following tests on a PC with auto IP & DNS - when its working and the repeat all the tests when it disconnects
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-problem.1022203/
Relevancy 51.6%

hiya, i'm pretty new to this so please bear with me.

i've just bought my son a wireless n 300 router and usb adapter kit (made by netgear) model wnb2100 on the box or wnr2000 on the router.

i've followed the instructions that come supplied and have the following connections:

1. cable from internet socket of router to internet socket on modem.
2. cable from pc to ethernet socket 1 on router.

i get so far thru install wizard and then error pops up telling me no router detected.

help, been at this for 3 days and am really starting to lose it.

if you need any more info (bout what i'm doing wrong) just contact me.

ta in advance

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a netgear DG834G v3 router which has suddenly developed a problem the LAN indicator light blinks on and off very slowly constantly, I've tried resetting the router-no difference,I've tried reinstalling the router but I get the error message-no router found............Has the router died or is the problem fixable

A:Netgear router problem

Trying updating the firmware? If that doesn't solve it then replace the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-router-problem.150037/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
I'm having some pretty bad problems with my Netgear wgr614 v6 router. I had ip conflicts earlier so I decided to do a factory reset on the router. However, I can no longer login to the router using the address 192.168.1.1 as listed on the router itself. When I do ipconfig /all i get this information.

P Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 76.212.136.187
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 76.212.136.186
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

This does not look correct to me because it doesn't look like it's getting the correct ip from the router. I've tried numerous times to reset the factory settings, unplug the power and restart, restart pc, etc.
Please help!

*edit* I'm doing all of this hardwired

Relevancy 51.6%

I bought a Netgear AC C Router and had a few things I would like to ask for anyone who may know a bit more about this Router Netgear Questions specific one This is it C Cable Modems amp Routers Networking Home NETGEAR My internet service provider is comcast and I am limited by a monthly data cap Is there any way I can view my data usage on my router I have checked every single setting and page under my routers advanced settings and there doesn't seem to be Netgear Router Questions anything of the sort I have older modems and routers that are capable of viewing individual usage based on ip device name and yet this brand new one doesn't seem to have anything of the sort Comcast has a data usage meter but its very basic it only shows my modem router and a line that fills up It doesn't display the specific device My second question is if this particular modem router is incapable of monitoring my data usage what are some other options I could use We have PC's on Windows and multiple phones tablets etc and having everything be monitored through the router would of been perfect Are there any reliable programs I could install on the pc's Any help is appreciated

A:Netgear Router Questions

Worried about data caps? Here?s how to check your usage | Ars Technica

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/389493-netgear-router-questions.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
I have a Netgear router n150

I have to computers connected to it. Both are wireless using netgear WNDA3100v2 usb addapter. My main computer has no problems when it connects its fine you can see it connect at 52mbps. It is a new computer 2 years old windows xp pro. My Hp computer is 2005 runs on windows xp home. When it connects to the same router you can see how fast it runs at ( in the netgear smart wizard ) 140Mbps then in to seconds it goes to 130 to sends later its at 107 to seconds later its at 54 then to seconds later its at 11 then its at 5.5. and wont connect.

I have another router Netgear wgt634u about 5 yearsold. its a g router. Both computers running ok on it no problems

any help on this why my hp would slow it down. Must be a setting on the router.

A:Netgear Router n150

Does the HP still slow down when the other PC is switched off ? Try swapping the Usb adaptors between the PCs, any change ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-n150.1036439/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a new wireless ip camera that works great and I can view it from any computer in my home after entering user name and password.
However, when trying to access from outside my home the ip address with the port number at the end doesn't even ask for a user name and password. It just comes up with a can't connect error.
I have a Netgear router and can get inside to see connected devices and I'm guessing somewhere in here I need to give a permission to view this camera outside my home network.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:NetGear router and wireless IP help

... when trying to access from outside my home ...Click to expand...

Nearby using your Wi-Fi, or over the internet? If the latter you have to use your public IP address and have to set your router to forward the needed port(s) to the camera.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-and-wireless-ip-help.1024988/
Relevancy 51.6%

I inquired about this situation Netgear problem!!! router a few weeks ago but I ll admit I m a total tool when it comes to comprehending info re computers so I ll try again I have Netgear router problem!!! a NETGEAR WGR v router I have connected it to my PC and it works fine when it s connected Thing is when I shut the PC down turn it off and come back later and power the PC back up turn it on the router is no longer connected At this point I have two options go thru the steps and Netgear router problem!!! re-connect the router OR unplug the router from the PC and go directly into the PC with the ethernet cable So my dilemma is what can I do to alleviate this problem Is there a port that I have to open so my PC can operate thru the router OR am I just stuck with a router that s worthless to me for my purposes nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I'm a noob here, so please take it easy on me. I've been trying to connect my NG router all week! I was successful once but when I turn off my PC and turn it on later I can't get connected to the web! I surmise there's a problem within the router! I figure there's a port within the router that needs to be open in order for me to access the web on a regular basis! I have AT&T DSL as my IP and it uses an "ifiddle" modem connection! I tried to talk to tech support at NETGEAR but they want $$$ to help fix the problem! Can someone give me hand in solving this situation?

A:NETGEAR router problem!!!

Hi and welcome to TSG.
The WAN/Internet port of the Netgear router needs to be connected into the modem, and any one of the LAN ports for a computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-problem.829354/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have had this same set up for over years - a Windows XP desktop computer hooked to my DSL through a router The Netgear router - MRS -a b speed version sends the info wirelessly to the Toshiba Laptop - running Windows XP Up until now and still is - my own connection has been secured and shows up in the list of available networks There are a couple of others there as well Trouble is - the other day - the connection to my own router - shows as excellent strength - but states limited or no connectivity I can still connect to the other ones - but my own does not connect Any suggestions Today I found that it is saying it cannot did not acquire a proper IP address I have no idea how to find out what the IP address is - or why it has to be entered Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi issues Netgear router people I ve had problems with this router for a few weeks now I can t get Firefox Chrome nor IE pages to load most of Netgear router issues the time it s pretty hit and miss only Aol will start I ve constantly reset it I ve tried pinging the router but get the message quot it s not recognized as an internal or external command programme or batch file quot I ve contacted Netgear but unfortunately I end up in an indian call centre and don t understand them quite well nor have they been able to solve this issue as they just got me to do what I ve already tried I ve tried repairing the Local area connection sometimes I can access the browsers but more often than not I have to reboot beforehand I m using XP btw I m technically challenged and have just followed instructions via Google seemingly I ve tried most things still to no avail anyone help me please nbsp