Windows Support Forum

Memory help needed

Q: Memory help needed

My laptop has 2 GB ram total in 2 sticks and im wanting to add more, I have scanned with Crucial and got the memory info I need but am a bit confused over the numerous types of the stick I need.Crucial says I have DDR2-PC2 5300 unbuffered NON-ECC 1.8v 256MEG x 64,,,I am not sure what all that means and so could someone tell me which I need, I have searched and there is lots of DDR2 PC2 5300 but with numerous stats after and I don't know which will fit my laptop

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Memory help needed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Memory help needed

Most RAM will be non-ECC and that's what you want.

It's nearly always mentioned in the specifications at the seller's site, whether that is Newegg, Amazon, or Crucial.

You could buy directly from Crucial if you want. Or get the Crucial part number and locate it at somewhere like Newegg.

Or buy another good brand like Kingston, Corsair, or Gskill.

You should also probably go to the laptop manufacturer's web site and locate your laptop. There should be a specification sheet for that laptop that will tell you the maximum memory it can take and what the specs must be. Pay attention to that.

The Crucial configurator is highly accurate, but not perfect.

The main things to pay attention to are the voltage, ECC or non-ECC, buffered or unbuffered, type (DDR 2, DDR 3, etc), speed (PC2 5300 for instance). You also need to make sure you are getting the right DIMM specification---DDR2 for a laptop is typically 200 pin, as far as I know.

Here's a bunch of DDR2 200 pin DIMMs at Newegg. All of it 1.8 volt, but varying speeds and latencies.

Computer Hardware, Memory, Laptop Memory, New, DDR2 400 (PC2 3200), DDR2 533 (PC2 4200), DDR2 667 (PC2 5200), DDR2 667 (PC2 5300), DDR2 800 (PC2 6400... - Newegg.com

Are you replacing your existing RAM? Or keeping it and adding more? I assume you just have 2 RAM slots? If you have 2 slots and are replacing all existing RAM, you'd need to buy a set of 2 sticks sold as a single unit--either two sticks of 2 GB each (4 GB total) or 2 sticks of 4 GB each (8 GB total), whatever you want.

If you have Windows 32 bit and have no intentions of moving to 64 bit, there's no reason whatsoever to get more than 4 GB of RAM, total. So, you'd get a set of two 2 GB sticks, for a total of 4 GB.

Here's the Newegg list of 4 GB DDR2 laptop kits, non-ECC, 1.8 volt, 200 pin, PC2-5300:

Memory help needed

I'd probably get one of the lower priced Mushkins or the $45.39 Crucial; no need to spend more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/381485-memory-help-needed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been looking at the Surface Pro and other tablet/laptop convertible machines fitted with Win 8. The top-end models usually offer only flash memory in stead of a hard drive. The standard 128 GB flash memory available seems hopelessly inadequate for storing Win 8, a full range of programs and a decent amount of data. Most of these thin, expensive models have only one or two USB ports available. Where must the necessary memory come from? Must an external hard drive be carried along? Nothing wears a USB port out more quickly than a fairly heavy external device such as a hard drive dangling from it in mobile situations.

A:Lack of needed memory on flash memory Win 8 machines

You can add extra storage with SD cards on some of them. It's not ideal but better than nothing I guess.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/21841-lack-needed-memory-flash-memory-win-8-machines.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an older Toshiba laptop,P205-S7806. I want to upgrade the memory but was told it came with 2gb and that's all it can hold,it is a 32bit. I am not computer savvy by no means so please any help,make it simple. I was told I could change it from the 32bit to 64bit,is this really easy and then can I use more memory..thanks for any help you give me..

A:Memory needed

They were correct, 2GB is the max for your notebook.

Memory Upgrade for Toshiba Satellite P205-S7806 Laptop
Crucial® Memory Advisor results for the Toshiba Satellite P205-S7806 Laptop/Notebook.
Toshiba Satellite P205-S7806 Memory Upgrades

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-needed.191223/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello

My system get slow on some program. Could more memory help to accelerate them

PC Q99600 Asus P5B 2.4Mhz
Memory 6G
Windows 64

Drive: SSD 128K

I understand the limit of 3G for the old Windows XP. My Win 7 is 64, but many applications ( majority) do run under 32bit. I suppose that these programs running under 32 bit have the same limitation about the memory.

- Could increasing my memory could help to get better performance?
- Should I select to run Microsoft Office in 64 and all available software in 64?

Is it a good idea to overclock (within the limit) and proper heatsink?

Any info appreciated

Martin

A:More memory needed?

You should definitely use 64-Bit programs when available. I don't think you really need more RAM unless you are running out of space. If you know what you are doing as far as overclocking goes, then I say yes(if you have a overclock-able CPU).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/226812-more-memory-needed.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i have a dell inspiron 1501 and when i check my memory it says i only have 446 mb of ram when they only make 512mb now so i was told before that my memory was being shared with my video memory so i was wondering how to seperate it

A:ram memory help needed

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Since you have laptop, your only option is to add more ram.

The only way to eliminate the use of onboard graphics is to install a video card, and AFAIK that can't be with laptops.

I would recommend having closer to 1gb of ram with Vista anyway. It's a memory hog.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ram-memory-help-needed-171476.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I need some help. My PC is shutting down down every now telling that my memory is not enough.

Can any one help me to clean up my memory and also see if there is no virus affected or hacked.

I have also a small pb, my spybot starts whenever i open my PC. It is the first application that works even before any other application starts. can any one help me to configure it so it is opening not at the beginning but only when i want it?

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I might buy memory for my really slow computer, but first I have to know how it costs and what type I would need.

I have a

Dell XPS R450
Intel Pentium II Processor
448 MHz
128 MB of RAM.

I was thinking of getting another 128 of ram, thinking it will speed up my computer a lot.

Does anyone know if my theory is true, that it will speed up my computer?

And also what type would I need and how much will it cost?

Thanks a lot!

Relevancy 43.43%

I have a co-worker asking me what memory card does he need to expand his memory and I don't have a clue. I tried looking on some retailer sites and I just get more confused. He has an older computer and this is what he has;

Compaq 4400US Series 4000
Intel Celeron 1.3 ghz
128 mb Syncdram total system memory
40 gb ultradma hard drive
24xmax cd-rw drive with easy cd creator software
56k v.90 modem
MS windows xp home

Any advice you can give me that I can pass on to him would be appreciated.

A:What Memory Card is Needed

From your summary of the system he definitely does need to add RAM. It looks as though he has SDRam installed and that's getting harder to get now. If he wants to try getting it I would go for 2 sticks of SDRam, each stick having a capacity of 256meg (total 512meg). The system is only capable of seeing 512 meg of RAM and can only be installed via the 2 chip method I described above. Also, it appears that the Presario 4400US uses proprietary RAM which means buying it through HP/Compaq. Generic RAM is most likely not going to work in it.

Suggest to your friend that it would probably be a good time to upgrade to a more modern system. Any money spent on that system will be dead money as most of the parts won't be compatible with an upgraded system (especially the RAM).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-memory-card-is-needed-291505.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am looking to upgrade the memory in my Compaq Presario S7150. I currently have 256mb and i'm looking to stick in another 256 or possibly 512.

The only problem is i dont have a clue what type is supposed to go in.

Please could someone tell me how i find out what type i need because its driving me mad looking for it.

As you may have guessed i'm not that technical, so any replies in ***** speak would be appreciated.

Cheers

A:Type of memory needed

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...roduct=411351&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00100539

Keep in mind you only have 2 memory slots. Id get the 512mb.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/type-of-memory-needed.18289/
Relevancy 43.43%

Vista X64 Business
8 gigs ram, Bios set to use all of it. .

currently open:
windows task manager
resource monitor
ie 7, thee windows
windows explorer

windows task master says:
Memory graph - 1.55 GIGS used

Physical memory box
Total 8190
Cached 7119
Free 17

Resource monitor says
19% used, which would be 1.55

so why am i cahching so much memory? or is the cahced memory inaccrate calculation?

thanks

sportsguy

A:Memory interpretation needed

I'd suggest not worrying about memory usage statistics unless you're a developer tweaking your code or you're experiencing problems which you suspect could be related to (lack of) available memory.

The days when "used" and "free" memory were complimentary numbers which would add up to your total installed RAM are long gone. Even XP and Win2K no longer worked that way. To give you an example, in Task Manager parlance "available" means the memory is unassigned, or it is assigned but can be quickly repurposed, or it is assigned but is already in the process of being repurposed.

Vista also adds "superfetch" which attempts to move stuff into memory proactively based on your past usage patterns - portions of an app may already be occupying memory because the OS suspects you're about to use them.

If there's no perceptible problem, don't worry about the numbers.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223910-memory-interpretation-needed.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Everyone,

I have an MSI K7T266 Pro 2 motherboard with 2 x 256MB 184 pin PC2100 DDR SDRAM installed. It has 3 memory banks 2 of which are populated

Is it possible to upgrade the memory on this motherboard to PC2700 or PC3200 (DDR400)? The manual says it supports PC1600 & PC2100 "At the time of writing" Does this mean it might support future memory upgrades?

Can I mix memory types? eg Could I leave the existing 2 x 256MB PC2100 modules there and add say 1GB of PC2700 or PC3200 to fill the vacant third slot?

Thanks for your help.

Byn

A:Memory Upgrade Help Needed

Im sorry to say that this board will only support up to ddr 2100. Only a newer motherboard that supports ddr 2700 can handle that kind of memory. If the motherboard did support 2700. Sure you could mix and match, but it would only run at the slowest speed. Since a 2100 cant run at 2700.

I hope this answers your question....

TC
rockin'male

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade-help-needed.277425/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey Guys Was Wondering If Anyone Could Reccomend 2? DDR memory audio or for DDR More P.C! needed Some Suitable Ram Uprgrades For My P c I Have A Carillon Ac- Audio P c I m Looking To Spend Around Gbp But Im Willing To Shop Around I Use The P c Mainly For Audio Puporses But Also Play The Latest Games So I Need Something Fairly Good The Audio Software I Use Is Cubase Sl And Kontakt Often With Lots Of Plug-ins I Have Noticed That When I Have Alot Of Instruments Loaded In My Sampler kontakt That There Are Little Glitches And I Get Low Memory Warnings So I Need To Get Somehthing To Fix This I Am A Little Confused Between Ddr And Ddr What Are The Differences And Benifits Also What Are The Different pc Speeds For AND WHAT EXACTLY DOES DUAL CHANNEL MEMORY DO Anyhelp Would Be Greatly Appreciated More memory needed for audio P.C! DDR or DDR 2? Regards Processor Intel Pentium MHz Motherboard AsRock i GV Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM Cooling Zalman Silent CPU Cooler Videocard Leadtek Winfast A TDH Geforce Soundcard Speakers E-mu Hard Disk s GB Seagate Baracuda Other Drives DVD RW Drive Case Carillon AC- Other Peripherals E-Mu X-Board nbsp

A:More memory needed for audio P.C! DDR or DDR 2?

hello tyleronline your pc looks like it takes ddr pc 3200 ram do you courintly have 2x 256 or one 512 gb sitck of ram in your computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/more-memory-needed-for-audio-p-c-ddr-or-ddr-2.39298/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

i need to upgrade my memory. I know that i already have SDRAM installed. Is this all you need to know when purchasing more?

In case not, I have copied and pasted the details of my computer, hoping that someone can advise me about what kind of memory i need to go out and buy.

Thanks in advance.

cubbycuddly

System Alphacode Search

Alpha Code U117 System Name Studio Writer
Description U117 STUDIO WRITER

Processor Athlon 800 Memory 128MB SDRAM
Cache 0K Graphics INTEL 4XAGP GRAPHICS
Mainboard MS-6340 KM Case MICRO ATX TOWER
I/O PCI IDE (ENHANCED) PSU Delta DPS-145PB-111 A Rev00
FDD A 1.44MB FDD B NONE
HDD 1 30GB HDD 2 NONE
Comms 56K Modem-CNR

Restore Pack Restore Pack 1: V1.4 ME Extras CD

Addition Tiny Extras CD V1.5 Addition DVD Rom 6x
Addition CDRW Addition Onboard Wavetable 32
comments

A:memory needed but unsure

This should be what you need

SDRAM, PC133 • CL=2 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 7.5ns • 3.3V

You can check using www.crucial.com configurator, although there are about 5 different motherboards with that number they looked like they all used the above, the last configuration info on the above is missing as that changes with the size of the chip you but

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-needed-but-unsure.112332/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey Memory REALLY needed? Most expensive Guys I have noticed Most expensive Memory REALLY needed? that whenever you go to a site that sells memory and they have a Memory configurator that has you enter your MB or system it ALWAYS comes back recommending their most expensive memory modules Now I don t doubt that you need the best memory possible if you are doing extensive graphics or video work But for an old or so HP Compaq Presario V laptop that will mostly be used for surfing the net viewing some youtube videos and writing some CDs wouldn t somewhat cheaper memory suffice It uses DDR PC Non ECC The poor laptop was given to me recently and it runs like a turtle right now all it needs is memory The computer is in excellent condition and looks new WinXP Pro shows something like megs of memory I assume the two memory sticks it now has are megs apiece I m going to install Gs but the price runs from about G to G I would prefer not have to spend on this memory if I don t need to I would like to go with a mid price range What do you think By the way I will be staying with WinXP Pro and or Linux on this machine even after support ends next year I am sure the only thing I could upgrade to on this is Vista and I don t like it nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I need a memory test for an issue with Chrome
Was asked by a Global Moderator to post here

Thanks

www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584096/chrome-hes-dead-jim/#ipboard_body 

A:Memory test needed

Hi f-ingComputer You can test your RAM sticks using Memtest86+. I suggest you to run a test on each stick individually, this way if one is bad, you'll be able to identify it right away and not have to repeat the process on each of them. Be sure to test all your RAM sticks.Follow the instructions in the thread below. They are pretty straightforward and easy to follow.http://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3909-test-ram-memtest86.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584422/memory-test-needed/
Relevancy 43.43%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145503 is that memory any better then this memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221133

or is it just a big money game...i eman im building a pc for $3000 and i want good stuff but i don't wanna spend UNNECESSARY money on such a stupid mistake like choosing the memory. i have read the reviews on both kidns of memory and there both excellent...so now i ask for help...which is the ebtter value ALL around(not jsut money)
some opinions would be great on this subject

Thanks to all who contribute any opinions!

Relevancy 43%

Is there a place in control panel that I can go that will tell me if I need to buy PC 100 or PC 133 memory?

The processor is 333 Pentium.

Relevancy 43%

Hi Everyone I currently have the following memory installed in my computer X MB x Mx DDR - SDRAM PC - - CL up to MHz CL up to MHz pin I don t understand all that but that s what s showing as the type of RAM I have The following is what I Needed Solved: Help Memory Upgrade m considering buying but I m not sure if it Solved: Memory Upgrade Help Needed will be compatible with what I ve listed above They say it s backward compatible but I don t know I d appreciate Solved: Memory Upgrade Help Needed your advice and opinion Thanks JEDEC Standard -pin Dual In-Line Memory Module x DDR Mhz Pin DIMM Module Performance PC DQ DQ Burst Frequency MHz Inputs and outputs are SSTL- compatible SDRAM have internal banks for concurrent operation Differential clock inputs Data is read or written on Solved: Memory Upgrade Help Needed both clock edges Bi-directional data strobe with one clock cycle preamble and one-half clock post-amble Address and control signals are fully synchronous to positive clock edge Programmable Operation Burst Type Sequential or Interleave Burst Length Operation Burst Read and Write Auto Refresh CBR and Self Refresh Modes Automatic and controlled precharge commands Serial Presence Detect SDRAMs in FBGA Package RoHs compliance nbsp

A:Solved: Memory Upgrade Help Needed

by: The best way to buy compatible memory is to use a Memory finder from one of the companies that manufacture or sell Memory sticks.
Go to www.crucial.com and use thier memory advisor. It's free to use and they will recommend and guarantee the memory will work.
You will need to know your computer's name (Dell, e-Machines, HP, etc) or the motherboard name.
Another source is www.computer-memory-store.com.
The stick you're looking at will probably work, but why take chances?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-upgrade-help-needed.595468/
Relevancy 43%

how much ram is needed to run vista smoothly?

i just bought a dell xps 1210 laptop and its kinda slow and choppy i only have a gig of ram

and will the laptop still function if i just take out the ram in it right now and go buy a better one at frys? will any of them work?

Relevancy 43%

I have a Palm TX and am thinking about expanding its memory with a 2-Gig SD card. I looked at Crucial.com and they list only one chip at $160; but, when I search at BizRate.com, prices start at $70 and go up from there.

I want to get thie best bang for the buck; but, this vast difference makes me suspicious.

Is there a significant difference in the performance of these chips? Also, I will probably be using this chip for transporting and storing miscellaneous data from time to time and I don't want to get stuck with some chip of inferior speed/performance.

I don't want to get down the road and find out when its to late that I have a chip that doesn't perform as well as its specifications said it did.

Are there any sites that rate these chips based on objective tests?

Relevancy 43%

I need advice as to the best way to upgrade the memory on my custom built desktop computer. It is presently outfitted with two 512MB DDR PC2700 modules and has one empty slot. The motherboard (Soyo SY-P4X400 Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition) can apparently handle PC3200 and up to 2 GB of DDR 400. I'm uncertain as to whether to scrap the two existing memory modules and install two 1MB strips of DDR 400 - PC3200 OR to fill the empty slot with a 1MB strip of the foregoing. I'm obviously in over my head and would appreciate any suggestions. BTW, the unit is running a Pentium 4 processor and Windows XP Pro. I'm not a "gamer" but I do run multiple programs all day and my rig has become agonizingly slow.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 43%

I am getting messages saying that my" minimum virtual memory is low". Computer is accessing the hard drive a-lot. I would appreciate some advice on how much memory I can safely allocate to virtual memory.

Many Thanks.
GreggG

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name OWNER-M6BJGG3SD
System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 061
System Model DW256A-ABA SR1030N NA510
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2166 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.05, 4/23/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 91.06 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.35 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Dimension 4550 with 256 mb of memory. I'm ready to upgrade at this point and i know that only certain types of memory will work. Anyone have any ideas what kind i need and or links to the proper items at a reputable online store?

A:Dimension 4550 memory upgrade..help needed

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmfgr.asp?cat=RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dimension-4550-memory-upgrade-help-needed.296162/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all I need a lesson in Needed Settings 101 Lesson Virtual Memory Virtual Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed Memory please Was just checking performance and ended up at Virtual Memory Had a couple of programs fail recently I do not necessary think it is my system but rather glitches in the two applications themselves as was the case with compatibility between the latest versions of Firefox and Java Still think it's wise to check performance every so often After reading several posts on the Forum I'm still not sure what I should do if anything Have two questions Can you please take a look and offer some guidance Some Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed info below on my computer Please let me know if I need to provide anything additional OS Vista -bit Home Premium GB hard drive GB Ram I have three drives quot C quot where the system is quot D quot where back up is - never touch this quot K quot docs and gaming programs Question Is quot real quot memory the same as quot physical quot memory I believe it is If so then I have GB - correct Under System Properties Advanced System says C MB space available D MB space available K MB space available Paging file is on quot C quot NOTE I do have the system managing the memory currently System further says Min allowed MB Recommended MB Currently allocated MB Question Given the recommendation of MB above should I custom set the Virtual Memory And if so do I need to do this for each drive Thank you all in advance for your assistance Meltie

A:Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed

Hi Meltie
Found this very good article on virtual memory. It should answer most of your questions
Virtual Memory - How To Information | eHow.com

RAM is known as real memory it is not the virtual memory. You have 7gb of real/physical memory.
Real and physical memory are the same.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5002446_wh...-computer.html
http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/p/physmemo.htm

Additional Information and how to set virtual memory.
NB. The default setting is usually best for most users. There are very few users that will need to change the default setting.
Introduction to virtual memory and how much virtual memory you need for your system

If you are not receiving error notices about low virtual memory, just leave the defaults. Little mentioned fact, the larger the page file (virutal memory) slower the computer performance. Bottom line, no problems leave the memory alone.

Just some additional information, I have been working with computers since Windows 98. Other than minor tweaks, I have never made any changes unless circumstances required. I never changed virtual memory, overclocked etc and my computer works great.
On the other hand many members have come here with problems, only to find the cause to be some elaborate tweak they made that was not necessary.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290326-virtual-memory-settings-lesson-101-needed.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Compaq Presario SR1710NX with a 9 in 1 memory card reader which my computer cannot reinstall. I can't find the drivers for this device. It is connected to the proper USB pins on my system board.

Can anyone give me a direct link to the drivers for this model? HP doesn't offer them on their website. I don't have the recover disk.

Thanks.

A:9 in 1 Memory Card Reader Drivers needed

Dylan2aT said:

I have a Compaq Presario SR1710NX with a 9 in 1 memory card reader which my computer cannot reinstall. I can't find the drivers for this device. It is connected to the proper USB pins on my system board.

Can anyone give me a direct link to the drivers for this model? HP doesn't offer them on their website. I don't have the recover disk.

Thanks.

Look around here for something:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Comp...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/9-in-1-memory-card-reader-drivers-needed.829423/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all My Dump Help Analysis Needed BSOD/Memory computer is usually stable so I was a little surprised when I received a BSOD today I was doing nothing more than typing into a text file so I was hoping to get to the bottom of this to find any problems that may be lurking in my computer I have already followed the advice here http www bleepingcomputer com BSOD/Memory Dump Analysis Help Needed forums t how-to-use-event-viewer How to use the Event viewer and I'm at the point where suggestions on the memory dump analysis would be helpful Notes I have no idea what 'vinceo' refers to in the follow-up section Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks Microsoft Windows Debugger Version X Copyright Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users MyName Desktop DUMP tmp Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is availableSymbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbolsExecutable search path is Windows Vista Kernel Version MP procs Free x compatibleProduct WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS PersonalBuilt by x fre vista gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x e Debug session time Sun Dec GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User SymbolsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffde c Type hh dbgerr for detailsLoading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck c Page f b not present in the dump file Type hh dbgerr for detailsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffde c Type hh dbgerr for detailsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffde c Type hh dbgerr for detailsProbably caused by Unknown ImageFollowup vinceo--------- kd analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in anMP system within the allocated interval This indicates that the specifiedprocessor is hung and not processing interrupts Arguments Arg Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks Arg Arg c The PRCB address of the hung processor Arg Debugging Details ------------------Page f b not present in the dump file Type hh dbgerr for detailsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffde c Type hh dbgerr for detailsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffde c Type hh dbgerr for detailsBUGCHECK STR x AMD SP DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULTPROCESS NAME svchost exeCURRENT IRQL cSTACK TEXT c ec nt KeBugCheckEx x e c ed b d c b nt KeUpdateRunTime xd c cc b d c b nt KeUpdateSystemTime xed c b c nt KeFlushProcessWriteBuffers x f cd c caea da nt NtQuerySystemInformation x cd c aa f da nt KiFastCallEntry x aWARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong e f x aa f STACK COMMAND kbFOLLOWUP NAME vinceoMODULE NAME Unknown ModuleIMAGE NAME Unknown ImageDEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID x AMD SP BUCKET ID x AMD SP Followup vinceo---------

A:BSOD/Memory Dump Analysis Help Needed

Besides the Event Viewer there's also this guide for BSOD'shttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188396/bsodmemory-dump-analysis-help-needed/
Relevancy 42.57%

ASUS quot A needed and ASUS cooler Memory MOBO help CPU please N X-E Deluxe quot nForce Ultra Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU AMD XP Barton ATI Radeon Pro AGP gig HDD megs of Crucial X memory Watt Power Supply I ASUS MOBO and CPU Memory cooler help needed please received these two items free when ordering ASUS MOBO and CPU Memory cooler help needed please products and am not sure if they are any good or worth using I tried to register my MOBO on the ASUS website this morning however they keep saying that it s not the right serial ASUS MOBO and CPU Memory cooler help needed please number I checked the outside of the box the mobo itself and the packing slip from New Egg com where I paid for a new one not a used one Also there were things missing from the box I called New Egg and they promised to send me another box of all the things that come with this mobo Up until now I have been building a lot cheaper computers and the AUSU has a lot more parts so I was not sure what was missing just that the items and the number I was supposed to have didn t add up Also is the thermal gel or the pads better for the CPUs Heat Sink Fans I know this is a lot to deal with but I respect all of your advice Thanks Jac nbsp

A:ASUS MOBO and CPU Memory cooler help needed please

Well I can't make out your pictures but it won't hurt to use coolers for the RAM or chipset. The board alreadt has a heatsink on the Northbridge but you could put the other one on the southbridge. If you plan to overclcok then this help disipate any additional heat thats generated.

I personally like thermal paste over pads and I think they do a better job at transfering heat.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-and-cpu-memory-cooler-help-needed-please.283794/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm having a hard time OCing with this Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, and the 3570K Ivy Bridge. I need something that can display an accurate list of ALL my memory timings. Using several programs either give me too much difference between one or the other to trust, or only the first few (4 to 5) settings. AIDA64 gives me 14 but skips some important ones or at least ones not showing on their list but showing on the mobo's BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeware-memory-timing-settings-app-needed.189280/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion N5350 (F2347MR) and it seems to be standard. Does anyone have extra memory for it and a battery thats good. I believe it supports 512.

ALSO, the lid is tight when opening it, can the hindges be lubed some way to make it smooth.

I noticed that the screen shows a strip down the center thats faded in the back ground, is that a sign of it going to crap out?
Thanks for all your help.

Kenny

A:HP N5350 Memory Needed and Advise on Display

Well if you want to add memory, replace the dead battery, fix the hinges, and fix the LCD then you really ought to be looking at a new laptop.

For the price of the repairs and upgrades you can buy a new laptop.

$120 for a new battery, $80 for a 256MB stick(times 2 for $160 if you want 512MB total). Then it sounds like you need new hinges, I've never seen ones that could be fixed by greaseing/oiling them up. And then it sounds like a part of the LCD is failing and LCD's are extremely expensive to replace.

Here's one for $469.99 after 2 rebates and you get a digital camera and a radio: http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=807896

http://rebates.teg-online.com/officedepot/Rebate_Print.asp?Item_Key=254116
http://rebates.teg-online.com/officedepot/Rebate_Print.asp?Item_Key=255009
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=DQ0QG6clDeE&offerid=27778.456467896&type=10&subid=
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=DQ0QG6clDeE&offerid=27778.457218465&type=10&subid=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-n5350-memory-needed-and-advise-on-display.396641/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi.

I own mini notebook Toshiba NB305-10G which has one 1Gb of RAM installed. I would like to upgrade this to 2Gb. Where can I find list of supported memory providers and memory models which will work with this laptop ? As far as I know not all memory chips will work with this notebook. Is that true ?

Cheers,
Tomasz Piechowicz

A:NB305-10G - supported memory list needed

I?m afraid such list is not available but I;ve checked Kingston page and found compatible 2GB memory module for your notebook.

Please check it HERE .

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66368-NB305-10G-supported-memory-list-needed
Relevancy 42.57%

Recently I built a PC with a Foxconn FXMJ-RS mobo with Intel Duo CPU GB I use my olf RAM memory from my old dell dimension MB and ATA HD GB and GB I am using the graphics adapater nic audio already with the mobo I install Windows Pro and installed all MS Windows updates and ran without any problems Couple of days later I installed OpenOffice Epson printer McAfee internet security package and an a or Devices needed!!!! Problem: Error Help Memory ???? scanner and ran well I turned off The following day I start the system and the systems crashed and start itself Give me an error and prompt me with Ms Online Crash Analysis http oca microsoft com en windiag asp top I try to restored to previous days and start the process and stops crashed and reboots without restoring to a previous date I reboot in safe mode with networking and the system worked well Them I uninstall the scanner but the system still gve me the Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!! same error I unstalled McAfee and continued with the same error I follow the advise that MS Online Crash Analsysis suggested and test the memory and give a thounand errors Them I run the same test in my Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!! other pc which run very well without errors and give me also a thousand problems I used additonal memory from other system that are working well but are failing with the Foxconn system I tested the Mobo and works pretty Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!! well Personally I don t think is a memory issue but I do not know everything and I need help My issue is that the pc foxconn mobo runs very well in safe mode with networking however when I try to run normal fails I do not want to expend buying more memory if I don t need Do you have any suggestions or advise Thanks for the time you will take in reading my post Bernard nbsp

A:Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!!

Hi Bernard,

At this link there is a list of drivers for your motherboard. As your system appears to be stable in Safe Mode this why my suspicions are centred on a driver issue.

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/support/downloads.aspx?ProductModel= 661GX7MI-RS&TypeID=en-us0000004

It is likely that something in your configuration is depending on a Microsoft driver rather than the manufacturers.

Also on this site you will find a BIOS update.

I hope this works out for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-problem-memory-or-devices-help-needed.806569/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there!
I am way behind on my terminology and so on. I have two sticks of 512MB Kingston dual channel on a ASUS M2A-VM. My question is what dual channel means? How can I benefit from this. I also have read the manual for mobo, but I still can't figure out which slots I should put the memory in for best performance. Apparently they see a difference and made two slots specially for it, but it says I need three sticks to benefit.
I am so confused.

Thank you.

A:Dual channel memory explanation needed

Section 1.7.2 of your manual is VERY clear on ram placement for dual channel operation.

What part of that is hard to understand?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-memory-explanation-needed.99903/
Relevancy 42.57%

I m hoping for an expert s Memory Diagnostic Windows Expert needed. REF: opinion on Expert needed. REF: Windows Memory Diagnostic these several issues Very sorry to put so many issues into one request but they are all related to my issues I am encountering FATAL EXCEPTIONS while playing the game World of Warcraft WoW The game crashes then reports Error x FATAL EXCEPTION Exeception xC at fe dda at memory location quot x d c c quot I have run Microsoft s Memory Diagnostic tool several times I ve run it in normal and also in extended yet it reports quot passed quot on my two stips of MB each System RAM My first question is Could my problem within the game be with my VIDEO RAM instead of my System RAM Should I be able to tell by the memory address given in the error message Secondly my other comment is about the Windows Memory Diagnostic During the scan phase of TEST of MATS Cache Disabled the scan slows down to an incredibly slow speed It took over hour to complete that single test in Extended mode Is that to be expected or does that slow speed denote an error with my RAM Any expert with knowledge of these issues is welcome to help me if so desired I ll appreciate it since I ve struggled for weeks with this issue in WoW I don t have fatal errors except when running that game It is WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION with all latest updates including all latest video card sound card updates as well Thank you for any help you can offer MY EDIT I FORGOT TO ADD THIS IMPORTANT QUESTION to my original Topic Do you know of any utility that will check the RAM on my video card like Windows Memory Diagnostic tool If so will you provide a link to it Thanks Larry My video card is a ATI GeCube X --- Heh heh it s an oldie but I can use only an AGP video card with my motherboard It works perfectly for everything I want to do except World of Warcraft Can t afford a new computer at this time Geeesh nbsp

A:Expert needed. REF: Windows Memory Diagnostic

Please do not create duplicate threads.
Continue replies for this issue here: http://forums.techguy.org/games/821291-expert-needed-ref-windows-memory.html

Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/expert-needed-ref-windows-memory-diagnostic.821221/
Relevancy 42.57%

hey everyone am new here and i have been facing a problem ever since i installed win ultimate bit edition after like - dumping Help memory problem.. needed, physical hours of being switched on os gives me some error msgs on a blue background and the last line will always be dumping physical memory and some random numbers increase by it and then the system restarts somewhere i read someone suggest some ppl to execute memory diag tool and see if there's a problem with their ram so i did it too Help needed, dumping physical memory problem.. to check even when my ram chips are brand new Help needed, dumping physical memory problem.. like six months old and the result was what i expected no problems found then i read someone suggest to run syc scannow from cmd prompt which i did and at the end it reported of finding some errors but could not fix them and that a detailed report can be found in windows logs that reports folder so now am here hoping for help from experienced users ill upload both the files now the error report which i always get after dumping physical memory error and the log file of the report of syc scannow pls take a look and let me know whats the problem and how it could be corrected many thanks here are the files -

A:Help needed, dumping physical memory problem..

Hi picalojack; welcome to the forum. I think you have described a BSOD , Blue Screen Of Death. We will need the actual dmp files. Upload your dump files - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/83172-dump-files-upload-seven-forums.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/89362-help-needed-dumping-physical-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My computer is always coming up with a message that says 'windows virtual memory is low' and yet I dont even run that many programs.
granted my computer is old and I should probably buy more memory for it - though i can't afford it - but is there a program or process i should run for my computer to make the most of the memory it has and therefore run more smoothly, and therefore not flash the message 'low on virtual memory' up at me all the time????

A:Help Needed! message saying 'virtual memory is low' keeps coming up.

Read this to help you understand how virtual memory works and what you can do to fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-message-saying-virtual-memory-is-low-keeps-coming-up.857748/
Relevancy 42.14%

When I go to My Computer to access my memory stick (which shows up as Removable Disk [G:] ) I get a message that says "Please insert disk into drive G:".

I can't format the memory stick (don't know if you are supposed to format a memory stick).

When I click on Properties, it says 0 available space, 0 used space.

I am running XP with SP2 on a Compaq.

Please help!

A:Memory Stick (Sandisk Cruzer Mini) HELP NEEDED

SanDisk Cruzer 512mb Mini - Needs to be formatted somehow?????

So, it appears that you are having the same problem that I am having. Here is how my problem happened. I had it plugged into a computer that I was about to Fdisk and format. I thought that there was a small partition on this hard drive of 512mb, so I removed the partition, only to realize that the partition I removed was my SanDisk 512mb memory stick....So, any luck getting yours back. Essentially, you should be able to fdisk or create a partition and format again, but it doesn't work like a hard drive. It keeps asking me to insert a disk into my Drive E (the drive letter that is designated). On yours it could be E or F or whatever....Can't seem to get any help from SanDisk on line, so I am searching around the net. My e-mail address is [email protected] if anyone can help. Thanks. JT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick-sandisk-cruzer-mini-help-needed.20810/
Relevancy 42.14%

Expert needed REF Windows Memory Diagnostic I copied this from another TechGuy forum because I realized later that this may be the more appropriate forum for this issue --- I m hoping for Diagnostic Memory Windows Solved: needed. REF: Expert an expert Solved: Expert needed. REF: Windows Memory Diagnostic s opinion on these several issues Very sorry to put so many issues into one request but they are all related to my Solved: Expert needed. REF: Windows Memory Diagnostic issues I am encountering FATAL EXCEPTIONS while playing the game World of Warcraft WoW The game crashes then reports Error x FATAL EXCEPTION Exeception xC at fe dda at memory location quot x d c c quot I have run Microsoft s Memory Diagnostic tool several times I ve run it in normal and also in extended yet it reports quot passed quot on my two strips Solved: Expert needed. REF: Windows Memory Diagnostic of MB each System RAM My first question is Could my problem within the game be with my VIDEO RAM instead of my System RAM Should I be able to tell by the memory address given in the error message Secondly my other comment is about the Windows Memory Diagnostic During the scan phase of TEST of MATS Cache Disabled the scan slows down to an incredibly slow speed It took over hour to complete that single test in Extended mode Is that to be expected or does that slow speed denote an error with my RAM Any expert with knowledge of these issues is welcome to help me if so desired I ll appreciate it since I ve struggled for weeks with this issue in WoW I don t have fatal errors except when running that game It is WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION with all latest updates including all latest video card sound card updates as well Thank you for any help you can offer MY EDIT I FORGOT TO ADD THIS IMPORTANT QUESTION to my original Topic Do you know of any utility that will check the RAM on my video card like Windows Memory Diagnostic tool If so will you provide a link to it Thanks Larry My video card is a ATI GeCube X --- Heh heh it s an oldie but I can use only an AGP video card with my motherboard It works perfectly for everything I want to do except World of Warcraft Can t afford a new computer at this time Geeesh Last edited by Old Fart -Apr- AM nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Need help in removing possible Ma
 Addition_20-04-2015_10-55-05.txt   43.62KB
  0 downloads
 FRST_20-04-2015_10-55-06.txt   31.4KB
  0 downloadslware..

A:Malware Removal Help Needed - Explorer taking CPU memory

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/573926 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573926/malware-removal-help-needed-explorer-taking-cpu-memory/
Relevancy 42.14%

I hepled a friend with a new build--the old computer is a Dell Dimenssion 4300S with a Pentium 1.4 Ghz processor--it runs very slow because it has only 256K Ram and is running XP. It has a capacity of 1 Gig.

So I have various upgrade options. I could just buy one stick of 256K and add it to the one open slot, but that would be mixing two different modules. I could also add two new 256Ks, or add a 512 to the existing, but then again have a mixing. I could of course add two 512s and have it maxed out. Price ranges between $25 to $120 with those various options.

She wants to keep this puter for a backup for the teens. What do you recommend? Willl 1 Gig make a big difference over 512? Should I put in new memory? Etc.

A:Question on Memory replacement on Pentium 1.4--mixing and how much needed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-on-memory-replacement-on-pentium-1-4-mixing-and-how-much-needed.502506/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have gone through the -Step process before posting this I am having problems with my computer not allowing me to open applications Can't access assorted programs and sometimes it acts like it is using too much Physical Memory to proceed I have to reboot to get things rolling again Here are some Memory Re-Boots Physical Needed, Initialize Errors, high of the errors I receive when trying to access Outlook Express Itunes Firefox IE etc Not enough quota to fulfill this command Application failed Initialize Errors, Re-Boots Needed, Physical Memory high to initialize properly xc and xc Null is not a valid Win app Exception euiberror in module When I run System Mechanic to gain physical memory back by defragmenting I get some relief but it Initialize Errors, Re-Boots Needed, Physical Memory high has reverted back to these issues several times the last couple of days I have attached the Panda Active Scan log for it found some issues and I never saw where that got dealt with later in the - step process Thank you for all you do Deckard's System Scanner v Run by user on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files iolo Common Lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic IoloSGCtrl exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus components TmProxy exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system Fast exe C WINDOWS htpatch exe C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exe C WINDOWS system alg exe C WINDOWS system ezSP Px exe C Program Files support com client bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files X watch x watch exe D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SystemGuardAlerter exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Verizon Wireless V CAST Music Manager MEMonitor exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop dss exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com flash index cfm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword s R - HKCU Software Mic... Read more

A:Initialize Errors, Re-Boots Needed, Physical Memory high

It has been over three days I want to make sure this hadn't become lost.

Thank you for your help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/initialize-errors-re-boots-needed-physical-memory-high-222361.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone,
I am new here and just registered as I need urgent help with my laptop. I wanted to watch a wmv file this morning, and WMP downloaded a codec file, upon installing which I instantly got the blue screen of death. I restarted my windows, a few seconds after its start-up, the ruddy screen appeared again. I ran it in safe mode; the very same thing happened. I can not run windows at all to uninstall the codec and fix the problem. I have tones of work documents on my C drive, so I cannot re-install windows. And I need to access them as they are work documents, and I need them tomorrow for a meeting. what can I do? Is the only way left to copy those files through DOS and reinstall my Windows?

A:Urgent Help Needed-Physical Memory Dump Blue Screen

Can you boot from your Windows CD and restore your system to a date prior to installing the codecs? Can you do a repair install? Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/129055-urgent-help-needed-physical-memory-dump-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys by looking at previous problems with iexplore exe's and seeing how they are solved which doesn't work for me iexplore.exe, needed repair 2 of constantly [SOLVED] memory lots bo for Startup used, i decided to ask you guys so u can please help with this monstrosity that hijacked my computer while i was playing a stem game here is as much information i can give about this problem -it started with an internet explorer advertisement popping up randomly then [SOLVED] 2 iexplore.exe, lots of memory used, Startup repair constantly needed for bo a component not working -Then every time i told the computer to shut down open the internet it would just pixelate on the screen and not respond requiring a force shutdown i have a memory leak problem im getting to fixing that is known for causing this problem if the computer's memory is [SOLVED] 2 iexplore.exe, lots of memory used, Startup repair constantly needed for bo too high -when it turns on i get the blue screen of death and it restarts into startup repair -startup repair identifies the problem as quot Unspecified changes to the system configuration may of caused this problem quot and then i can boot -every logon there is iexeplore exe lowercase chewing up memory a svchost exe process that its description says quot svchost exe quot which has never been there before an quot sqlbrowser quot its location includes allot of variations like sql exe where could be random words -I checked both autorunexec bat and config sys and they were both blank had a few random characters in it i think this causes the bad start -i have NO access to vista install disks but i do to XP boot cd's which return the blue screen of death when trying to boot from them -also every second logon there is no sign of iexplore exe bu there is of the sql exe atm its sqlservr exe before it was sqlbrowser exe i have lots of important files on this computer and wold like to save them in any way i was running AVG at the time and it doesn't pick up im sure this is way more than sufficient to help me in my problem asap Thanks in advanced Edfake Log DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system TAMSvr exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files NetSupport NetSupport Manager gateway exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSH... Read more

A:[SOLVED] 2 iexplore.exe, lots of memory used, Startup repair constantly needed for bo

*Bump*

didn't want this to become inactive when its still a major problem :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/solved-2-iexplore-exe-lots-of-memory-used-startup-repair-constantly-needed-for-bo-496836.html
Relevancy 37.84%

So I ve been playing Hellgate London a lot lately and would like to clean up my memory after or even while playing the game because it s what it is Any recommendations I ve used several of these programs in the past with my previous computer but have and scheluder needed shutdown programs "sweeper" Solved: Memory forgotten about all of them Also as a wish I d like a program that only does what I need it to do free unused memory No all-in-one solutions and preferably freeware not shareware This program is needed for my XP rig in my spec box Next a program for quot work quot I capture old VHS tapes for the local sports Solved: Memory "sweeper" and shutdown scheluder programs needed association thingy then convert them because the capturer is crap and craps any movie that s longer than minutes and I have to convert before I can burn them and scan their covers and edit them to fit x cm CD covers I would like to have the computer left to capture or burn a hour movie before I leave for home and shut down after that I only need a timed operation though having it automatically shutdown after the job is Solved: Memory "sweeper" and shutdown scheluder programs needed done let s say CPU load goes under for mins as a rule to shutdown would Solved: Memory "sweeper" and shutdown scheluder programs needed be a plus Thanks for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

--------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory Memory,Dedicated consistant Memory,Shared not Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NICK-PC Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Build Service Pack longhorn rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model G S BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode A person in my thread here http forums worldofwarcraft com thread html topicId amp postId amp sid said That doesn t look right my GTS displays Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Could you have bad videocard memory Or maybe reinstal direct X Click to expand So I m not sure where to start and I Display Memory,Dedicated Memory,Shared Memory not consistant m hoping someone here can point me into the right direction as to what it is I need to do to fix this problem I ve been having with graphical Discrpencies in World of Warcraft I haven t notice any in Call of Duty nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

i had shortly made a disk clean up as my drive c was full...and then when i reebooted my computer afta da check it reported a problem like "load needed for DLLs kernel".......i am totally frustrated with this thing.....i would appreciate any help and by the way if there is a way in which i can solve dis without windows xp cd i would be very grateful.....otherwise tell me the way which i can solve this with the xp CD !!
Thank you...

A:help needed with load needed for DDLs kernel

Hi joeljacob,

Is this message being displayed when you try to boot your computer, or is it being displayed when you have got into Windows?

Do you have the Windows XP Disk with you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-needed-with-load-needed-for-ddls-kernel-565576.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi there think this problem is getting rampant I got systems at home and both are facing this problem just Needed!!! Help administrator disabled by Alt+Ctrl+Needed over the weekend The task mgr is disabled alongside the normal shutdown function Now i can only shut down the machine by logging off first as a user then shut down from that screen The Run function is also disabled as well as well as Help Needed!!! Alt+Ctrl+Needed disabled by administrator the Resident Shield in my AVG Free Help Needed!!! Alt+Ctrl+Needed disabled by administrator program Below is the HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM Help Needed!!! Alt+Ctrl+Needed disabled by administrator on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files uTorrent utorrent exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgwb dat C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sg yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http g msn com SEENSG TBR FRWCompleteTBSiteFinalDEFAULT O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar StylerToolBar - D F F - B- EA - FA -A D E F - C Program Files Styler TB StylerTB dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL -RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr -ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run EasyTuneV -C Program Files Gigabyte ET GUI exe O - HKLM Run WinFoxV -C WINDOWS system WF K EXE O - HKLM Run WinFast KLoadDefault -rundll exe C WINDOWS system wf kcpl dll DllLoadDefaultSettings O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter -RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC -C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run lsass svchost exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon -RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM RunServices lsass svchost exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htm O - Extra context menu item Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspx O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROG... Read more

A:Help Needed!!! Alt+Ctrl+Needed disabled by administrator

Hi, sorry to bump this. Is there anyone who can help me with the problem? Many thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-alt-ctrl-needed-disabled-by-administrator.624641/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have been getting this quot svchost exe - application error the instruction at quot x c quot referenced memory - svchost.exe at referenced instruction "0x00000000". memory error The at "0x7c923845" c... memory the application at quot x quot The memory could not be quot read quot quot quot error for a week now and it disables my system My browser firefox will becomes very unstable and takes me to vague websites when clicked on the google search links My system then pops the SVChost messages and when clicked to send those message to microsoft it will disable my system DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by krish at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise Disabled Updated A B B- C - -A svchost.exe - application error the instruction at "0x7c923845" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory c... AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k eapsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k dot svc C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C PROGRAM FILES CARNIVAL VPN cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system enstart exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Rational ClearCase bin lockmgr exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise engineserver exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system cccredmgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-AwareAdmin exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings krish Desktop dds scr C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www att net uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html mStart Page hxxp www att net uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp intranet uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll mRun HKCUSettings c sourch ql qlinstall exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun McAfeeUpdaterUI quot c program files mcafee common framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey mRun ShStatEXE quot c pr... Read more

A:svchost.exe - application error the instruction at "0x7c923845" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory c...

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________ One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan and password stealer.This type of infection allows hackers to access and remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it contains any other sensitive information, then from a clean computer, change all passwords where applicable.It would also be wise to contact those same financial institutions to appraise them of your situation.I highly suggest you take a look at the two links provided below:1. How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?2. When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.NEXT:Running TDSSKillerPlease read carefully and follow these steps. Download TDSSKiller and save it to yo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394746/svchostexe-application-error-the-instruction-at-0x7c923845-referenced-memory-at-0x00000000-the-memory-could-not-be-read/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi , just wondering , I have a 4GB laptop (dell inspiron n5010) with i3 350 processor and 500 GB HD ... lately I wanted to play the most recent GTA and what happened ? well the game booted but barely have i gone out of the first corner the whole background disappeared ... I went to my graphics settings and it says Generic PnP Monitor and Intel(R) HD Graphics
-Chip type Intel HD
-Dac type Internal
-Bios info : Intel Video BIOS
-Total Available graphics memory 1696 MB
-Dedicated Video Memory 64MB
-System Video memory 0MB
-shared system memory 1632MB

Is there any way to increase the Video memory on my laptop ?
I will add to it that in the Bios itself there are no options available for me to even lower it they are all kind of @[email protected]
I have been trying everything even updates from intel etc but not helping...

A:How to increase video memory in a shared memory system (Dell Inspiron n5010)

All you can do is max out your system memory, if it isn't maxed already. There might be an option in the laptops bios to increase the shared video memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-increase-video-memory-in-a-shared-memory-system-dell-inspiron-n5010.166711/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi Everyone from Bleepingcomputer.com,

I am facing some issues with my laptop.

I always noticed my CPU, Memory, Physical Memory usage are running quite high.

Wonder is it normal for my computer?

I always feel the temperature is quite high and my fan keep running fast all the time even with just running some lite program. Sometimes my computer also turned to Blue Screen.

Please find the attachments to see my Task Manager. 

A:High CPU, Memory, Physical Memory Usage turn Bluescreen Problems

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603084/high-cpu-memory-physical-memory-usage-turn-bluescreen-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

Is there a way to swap these values? default windows 8 drivers has 256 shared system memory but 0 dedicated video memory but after installing sis mirage 3+ drivers dedicated video memory has gone up to 256mb and shared system memory has gone low to 64mb. Editing sis drivers maybe? but how?

A:Swap Shared System Memory and Dedicated Video Memory values possible?

Shared memory is changed in the bios. Find the button to go into the bios and go under advanced or graphics, then look for video memory.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/8253-swap-shared-system-memory-dedicated-video-memory-values-possible.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver, iaStorV.sys. How should I go about fixing the problem?

A:High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Hi,

Since this is a Intel driver I doubt the WDK can fix it.
You may try to see if there's a more current version of Intel's RST available for download and see if that fixes the leakage issue.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/35948-high-memory-usage-memory-leak-caused-intel-driver.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver, iaStorV.sys. How should I go about fixing the problem?

A:High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Hi,

Since this is a Intel driver I doubt the WDK can fix it.
You may try to see if there's a more current version of Intel's RST available for download and see if that fixes the leakage issue.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/35948-high-memory-usage-memory-leak-caused-intel-driver.html
Relevancy 30.53%

My windows xp 64 bit runs super slow after windows loading sign and it takes me 2 hrs to open up the desktop and transfer 6 images. I use 2 RAM's of 2gb (kingston DDR2). When I opened up BIOS, it showed 640k as base memory and 126m as extended memory.
There are no details under the computer title if I try to check the properties of computer or maybe it is just taking too much time to display. the desktop is fine, my computer still works but takes hours to do a simple task. it all started all of a sudden. Also I would like to know if 'unganged mode' is fine as it is displayed when the system boots. I tried to check another different RAM on the computer, but still no change, so I am confused regarding the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-shows-640k-base-memory-and-126m-extended-memory.183199/
Relevancy 30.53%

I know the question is awkward. So hopefully, I can explain it.

Say that I have a 500 GB external hard drive. But as it turns out, there's only 465 GB according to it and my computer. Why isn't there 500 Gb, but rather only 465? This also applies to mp3 players like iPods.

Why is this?

Can I do something to get back the "hidden" memory?

A:Solved: Why is there never the full memory on external/flash memory hard drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-is-there-never-the-full-memory-on-external-flash-memory-hard-drives.794103/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have just bought some new memory, 2 x 1 gig, inserted it and ran the test. I get one error in the Stride38 test. Address expected is different to the one returned.

I know which chip it is, should I send it back, or is this 1 error acceptable for the system?

Thanks for your response

A:MEMORY UPGRADE - Windows Memory Diagnostics Flags 1 Stride38 Error

please read the sticky about upgrading memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-upgrade-windows-memory-diagnostics-flags-1-stride38-error.49174/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I am helping my parents troubleshoot their trojan extreme causing slowness leak usage. or system Memory high memory and computers My feeling Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. is that they are both infected with the same virus trojan but I can find it or figure out what is going on The each have identical laptops and both are experience identical problems Both are running Avast and both systems are not turning up any discovered viruses or trojans during scans I am on the verge of completely refronting both of their laptops and am really hoping I can avoid having to do that I suspected that maybe they were both infected with poweliks but the below FRST shows at least Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. I think so that neither are infected with that trojan I am now thinking its a memory leak on some recent driver app update - but either trojan or memory leak I am not finding it Symptoms After a clean reboot within to hours both systems begin to get very sluggish both audio and video starts to skip and lag both mice bounce around like crazy when trying to move the pointer After about hours the laptops simply freeze to the point that they have to pull the Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. batteries to get them to shut off I had my Dad run FRST on his computer below are the results FRST Scan results FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Preston administrator on PRESTON-HP on - - Running from C Users Preston Favorites Downloads Loaded Profiles Preston Available profiles Preston Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved C Windows agent x exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TrueSuiteService exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkManager exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUserAgent exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe Carbonite Inc www carbonite com C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteService exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x HP Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System LogonUI exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TouchControl exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUI exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass BioMonitor exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Express Tray ExpressTray exe Team Corporation C Program Files x Team Corporation Sync Sync exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewle... Read more

A:Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt1] -> {FB314ED9-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt2] -> {FB314EDA-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt3] -> {FB314EDB-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt4] -> {FB314EDC-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar =https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
URLSearchHook: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 - (No Name) - {D8278076-BC68-4484-9233-6E7F1628B56C} - No File
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL =http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {5B9BE58A-18FA-42E0-AE99-3A195251151F} URL = http://asksearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&src=kw&tb=WBV6&itbv=11.8.1.739&o=APN10787&locale=en_US&apn_uid=8A1A7B7D-8047-4141-B4B5-C82410EDB840&apn_ptnrs=^AVT&apn_dtid=^YYYYYY^YY^US&apn_dbr=ff_21.0&doi=2013-06-07&q={searchTerms}&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL = http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576055/memory-leak-or-trojan-causing-extreme-system-slowness-and-high-memory-usage/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi! I have HP probook 440 g1. By default I have 128MB video memory. Then I tried to increase video memory size to 512MB from bios. But it's not working. It still showing 128MB. Can you help me please?Thank you! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Increasing-video-memory-memory-size-in-bios-not-working/td-p/5680788
Relevancy 30.53%

It seems that I've been getting low memory issues ever since upgrading to Win10, but I'm not 100% certain if thats the issue. I thought about uprading to 16gb ram, but I'd like to know if theres some other fix for this. I can't multitask as I used to be able to. Sometimes problems occur just running 8 tabs on chrome and a game(Blade and Soul). The numbers just don't seem to add up.

Specs:
http://imgur.com/RYhyDYa

Task Manager:
http://imgur.com/bnvV0EP
http://imgur.com/TIwSYfw
http://imgur.com/HOMvI1J

A:High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop

Hello svader55 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

On the first impression I would have to suspect the problem is with the upgrade itself where you might end needing to see a Clean Install of 10. First however you can try a few things out to see if this is only a minor glitch. On an older 7 model by HP the upgrade seen last summer was a disaster waiting to happen which I had enticipated and saw an immediate clean install to follow! Of after going from the 32bit 7 Home Premium to 10 Home x86 I subsequently changed that with a second fresh install the 64bit Windows.

The initial tool would be the System File Checker you would run from the Command prompt(admin) option when right clicking on the Start button. You simply scroll down to that option to see the new window open up. At the dos like prompt you then simply type in "sfc /scannow" and press enter to get the tool underway.

The tool will then scan all the important system files and if finding one or more corrupt or missing will often be able to replace them but not all unfortunately from cab files tucked away on the local drive. With previous versions the rec for having the Windows dvd in the driver was made in case the SFC had to extract something from the Windows media there if the problem was more involved. This is why the suggestion for the possible need to see a fresh clean install of 10 is being made here.

Unfortunately buggy upgrades are all too common regardless of which version is being upgraded over. But you likely saw the option for 10 in the 10 app? or in the Windows Updates perhaps? if not seeing 10 downloaded separately. The appearance from the images you provided suggests the problem is the memory being mapped out to hardwares while that first item being a 32bit app taking upto almost 1tb seems a bit high.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/44099-high-memory-usage-low-memory-popup-win10-8gb-laptop.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello,

I've been experiencing sluggish performance, browsers were laggy and non responsive after having many tabs.

I found that the solution to improve performance was to change Virtual Memory values and disable "paging file size" for all drives.

Now the computer performance is amazing, everything responds properly but now I'm getting error messages of low memory and getting crashes. A few minutes ago the computer crashed to a black screeen.

Here are the values I have right now in Virtual Memory, what else should I do to stop these crashes? I already tried a few different values but the problem still persists.

Any suggestions?

Proccessor AMD 6300

GPU Ati Radeon 7790

8GB DDR3

Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61848-crashes-low-memory-warnings-after-changing-virtual-memory-settings.html
Relevancy 30.53%

we have windows of a new hp pc prodesk g mt business pc we cannot identify the problem we used the after is slowly week is increasing Slow Memory memory 90% leak 1 hp drivers software and fully updated windows and the latest drivers Please recommend troubleshooting steps what is causing the problem Code C Windows System drivers gt findstr l m Thre sys ohci sys Slow Memory leak memory is increasing slowly after 1 week is 90% acpi sys afd sys AGP sys ahcache sys akshasp sys akshhl sys aksusb sys amdk sys amdppm sys amdxata sys appid sys arcsas sys asyncmac sys ataport sys BasicDisplay sys BasicRender sys battc sys bowser sys bridge sys BtaMPM sys bxvbda sys cdfs sys cdrom sys CEA sys Classpnp sys clfs sys cng sys cnghwassist sys condrv sys csc sys dam sys dfsc sys dmvsc sys dxgkrnl sys dxgmms sys dxgmms sys EhStorClass sys EhStorTcgDrv sys evbda sys exfat sys fastfat sys fdc sys fileinfo sys flpydisk sys fltMgr sys fsdepends sys fvevol sys FWPKCLNT SYS GAGP KX sys hdaudbus sys hidbatt sys hidclass sys http sys hvsocket sys i prt sys iaLPSSi I C sys iaStorA sys iaStorAV sys iaStorB sys iaStorS sys iaStorV sys ibbus sys igdkmd sys IntcDAud sys intelppm sys ipfltdrv sys IPMIDrv sys irda sys irenum sys kbdhid sys kdnic sys ks sys ksecdd sys lltdio sys luafv sys mlx bus sys mmcss sys modem sys mountmgr sys mpsdrv sys mrxdav sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys msfs sys msgpioclx sys msiscsi sys mslldp sys msrpc sys mup sys ndis sys NdisImPlatform sys ndisuio sys Ndu sys netbt sys netio sys npfs sys nsiproxy sys ntfs sys nvhda v sys nvlddmkm sys nvraid sys nvstor sys nvvad v sys NV AGP SYS parport sys pci sys pcw sys pdc sys portcls sys processr sys PROCEXP SYS PROCMON SYS qwavedrv sys rasacd sys raspptp sys rccfg sys rcraid sys rdbss sys rdpdr sys rdyboost sys refsv sys rmcast sys rspndr sys RTKVHD sys sdbus sys sdport sys sdstor sys ser pl sys serenum sys serial sys sermouse sys Smb driver AMDASF Aux sys Smb driver Intel sys Smb driver Intel Aux sys spaceport sys srv sys srv sys srvnet sys storahci sys storport sys storqosflt sys stream sys Synth dVsc sys SynTP sys tcpip sys tdx sys TeeDriverW x sys terminpt sys tpm sys tunnel sys UAGP sys UcmUcsi sys Ucx sys udfs sys ufxsynopsys sys ULIAGPKX SYS urssynopsys sys USBCAMD sys usbccgp sys usbhub sys USBHUB SYS usbport sys USBSTOR SYS USBXHCI SYS VerifierExt sys vhdmp sys videoprt sys vmbkmcl sys vmbus sys volmgrx sys volsnap sys wacompen sys wanarp sys watchdog sys Wdf sys WdFilter sys WdfLdr sys WdNisDrv sys werkernel sys wfplwfs sys WindowsTrustedRT sys winhv sys wof sys ws ifsl sys WUDFPf sys WUDFRd sys xboxgip sys C Windows System drivers gt also C Windows System drivers gt findstr l m Proc sys ohci sys acpi sys acpiex sys acpipagr sys adp xx sys afd sys agilevpn sys ahcache sys aksdf sys amdk sys amdppm sys appid sys arcsas sys asyncmac sys ataport sys BasicRender sys bowser sys bridge sys bxvbda sys capimg sys cdfs sys cdrom sys CEA sys Classpnp sys clfs sys ClipSp sys cng sys cnghwassist sys condrv sys crashdmp sys csc sys dam sys devauthe sys dfsc sys drmk sys Dumpata sys dumpsd sys dxgkrnl sys dxgmms sys dxgmms sys EhStorClass sys evbda sys exfat sys fastfat sys fdc sys fileinfo sys filetrace sys fltMgr sys fsdepends sys fvevol sys FWPKCLNT SYS GAGP KX sys hardlock sys hdaudbus sys hidclass sys hidinterrupt sys http sys hvsocket sys hyperkbd sys i prt sys iai c sys iaLPSS i I C sys iaLPSSi I C sys iaStorA sys iaStorAV sys iaStorB sys iaStorS sys iaStorV sys ibbus sys igdkmd sys IntcDAud sys intelpep sys intelppm sys IOMap sys ioqos sys IPMIDrv sys ipnat sys ks sys ksecdd sys ksecpkg sys ksthunk sys luafv sys MaXTeDrv sys mlx bus sys mmcss sys modem sys mpsdrv sys mrxdav sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys msfs sys msgpioclx sys msiscsi sys msrpc sys ndis sys NdisImPlatform sys ndisuio sys ndiswan sys Ndu sys netbios sys netbt sys netio sys npfs sys nsiproxy sys ntfs sys nvhda v sys nvlddmkm sys nvraid sys NV AGP SYS pacer sys parport sys partmgr sys pci sys pciidex sys pcmcia... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48651-slow-memory-leak-memory-increasing-slowly-after-1-week-90-a.html
Relevancy 30.53%

After my new build froze up during boot up into Windows I tried to run Windows 's built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic extended setting but it got stuck at of st pass overall after running it overnight at least hours I had x GB memory modules and re-ran this test with only one stick in different slots all with the same result it would quickly get to overall complete then apparently get stuck there However I noted that I could still access F options when it got to complete so it wasn't frozen but the system became extremely slow with the screen displaying text one word at a time Some ideas on how to isolate the problem I wish I could just return both the motherboard and the memory to the store but there may be or motherboard Windows Memory Diagnostic: problem? stuck in memory a restocking fee involved with the motherboard unless it's defective My parts are Intel Core i - K MSI Z A-GD Corsair Vengeance x GB DDR PC model CMZ GX M A C Other information symptoms - I can not run memtest at bootup either by using a DVD CD or USB key The motherboard's boot code stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? indicate that it keeps trying to detect the device stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? DVD drive or USB key and then gives up Maybe memtest isn't compatible with this hardware or I am not configuring it properly or there are some hardware problems here - The keyboard sometimes did not work during boot up such as when attempting to select the USB key to boot into memtest attaching a USB keyboard worked but I still couldn't get memtest to run - I am using Secure Boot During stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? Windows installation the UEFI boot menu could not detect the DVD drive if it was connected to the last SATA ports which was probably due to a different chipset being used

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12407-stuck-windows-memory-diagnostic-motherboard-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 30.53%

To 7 running total min. memory "memory leak?" few a Windows after at explorer.exe start I have Windows on Sony Vaio laptop I have been working on the issues with the malware removal team but now machine looks clean I am still having issues When starting the computer and going to the task manager I can watch explorer exe start at about K memory usage and then grow constantly until it is running with almost all of the computer s physical memory after about seven min I cannot get the context menu to show up after a few min by right clicking on anything I had been experiencing quot freezing quot while playing Eden Eternal an online role playing game before that which made me consider malware and seek help here at BleepingComputer The freezing has ended last time I played on that Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?" machine at least but now there seems to be some issue with the explorer exe taking all of the memory I haven t been using the machine since I don t trust that there s not something running in the background that shouldn Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?" t be In resource monitor there were quot connections quot that had quot - quot for both the name and the PID but I don t know if that was the malware of if that s normal somehow Issue with explorer exe seems to be limited to only one user account and not the other one That is to say that if I log on one of the other accounts explorer exe behaves normally as far as memory usage Previous topic linked here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Topic before linked here as well http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html

A:Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?"

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473377/windows-7-explorerexe-running-at-total-memory-after-a-few-min-memory-leak/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm posting in the XP forum because I was under the impression that I had/have windows XP. The complete message is

"Windows NT has found only 495K of low memory. 512K of low memory is required to run Windows NT. You may need to upgrade your computer or run a configuration program provided by the manufacturer"

The computer is a 2001 or 2002 Dell Rev. A03, It won't load windows and I can't seem to access any boot menu. I have not made any changes to the computer's hardware.

A:Windows NT has found only 495K of low memory. 512K of low memory is required to run..

Windows XP is of the Window NT File System (NTFS) family. Download the ISO image for Memtest in my signature and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the tests with ONE stick of RAM in at a time. testing individually. If you get any errors, that stick is bad and needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-nt-has-found-only-495k-of-low-memory-512k-of-low-memory-is-required-to-run-630264.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I have windows 8 on a Lenovo desktop PC with an AMD A4 5000 APU 1.5 GHZ., 4 GB ram. 
I downloaded a game called Rohan Blood feud a month ago and every so often this common error comes up after clicking my character after I log in. memory 0x77 at referenced memory cannot be read. the error itself is hit and miss, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. I have narrowed it down to three possibilities. Game guard the hacking prevention system built into the game is not compatible,not having enough ram to process the game request at the time i try to run the game or There might be an issue with AMD catalyst control system being out of date and is interfering with my game. Is there anything I can do besides uninstalling and re-installing the game? I have done this 3 times and it is only a temporary fix since the error is back after 2 game plays. 

A:memory 0x77 at referenced memory cannot be read error in windows 8

if it helps i downloaded the game from the Gamepron mirror, which i believe is a mirror in Australia even though it is English.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521176/memory-0x77-at-referenced-memory-cannot-be-read-error-in-windows-8/
Relevancy 30.53%

So I've had this problem for a few months with my Unknown memory Win7 usage? leak and General memory thinkpad x win home premium bit I used ccleaner run memtest multiple times chkdsk multiple times sfc scan multiple times none that helped Sfc always detects errors but always cannot fix some of them I have mse avast and malwarebytes and scanned them with absolutely no results I've run rootkit scanners with no results Basically after a few hours the memory use rises up to out of my gb with absolutely no intensive processes running I'll attach rammap and processexplorer screenshots I know this is not quot normal quot behavior because once my ram goes over the system slows down to where General Win7 memory leak and Unknown memory usage? I can't end tasks open new programs even things like deleting a file take minutes Once it reaches or my screen starts flashing black kind of like if you blink fast I have to hard restart every time this General Win7 memory leak and Unknown memory usage? happens This is not normal I've had quot experts quot on other forums tell me its win using the ram to its greatest Its not As soon as I restart and open my usual programs browser steam openoffice winamp utorrent my ram is at around or percent If I leave the same programs open and just leave it on for hours the ram gets to and my screen starts flashing and I have to reboot If you look at the rammap and process explorer shots the most ram intensive programs are chrome and firefox but they only use mb each Everything else is only - mb and do not add up to the gb my computer uses after only a few hours The thing I noticed is that the quot page table quot is using gb of my ram don't know what it is though I tested my hdd using crystaldiskinfo and hdtune and found nothing Although I did replace the factor hdd with a larger gb one and imaged my previous hdd But I don't think this is the problem since I've had the new hdd for a year and the problems started in the last few months My ram is gb gb factory and gb corsair select I bought afterwards I tested my computer with memtest and manually rebooted with each stick and the same thing happened only faster because of the less ram it must be a software issue Ram Use Note both these show the screenshots when my computer was at like gb ram is unaccounted for Ram Use - Imgur

A:General Win7 memory leak and Unknown memory usage?

Hi mesohamster welcome to SevenForums

First I recommend uninstalling Avast then we could go from there . Using Revo Uninstaller

Click on the app inside RevoUnistaller and choose uninstall
Click on Yes to agree you want to uninstall
If you get the builtin Uninstaller for the app use that and once you're done click Finish
Back inside RevoUninstaller click on Next
Let RevoUninstaller scan for left over registry keys . Click on Select All and choose Delete .
Once done click on Next.
Let the left over files and folders be locates then Click on Select All then click Delete then Next and you should be done .

Restart PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/287943-general-win7-memory-leak-unknown-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 30.53%

After my new build froze up during boot up into Windows I tried to run Windows 's built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic extended setting but it got stuck at of st pass overall after running it overnight at least hours I had x GB memory modules and re-ran this test with only one stick in different slots all with the same result it would quickly get to overall complete then apparently get stuck there However I noted that I could still access F options when it got to complete so it wasn't frozen but the system became extremely slow with the screen displaying text one word at a time Some ideas on how to isolate the problem I wish I could just return both the motherboard and the memory to the store but there may be a restocking fee involved with the motherboard unless it's defective My parts are Intel Core i - K MSI Z A-GD Corsair Vengeance x GB DDR PC model CMZ GX M A C Other information symptoms - I can not run memtest at bootup either by using a DVD CD or USB key The motherboard's boot code indicate that it keeps trying to detect the device DVD drive or USB key and then gives up motherboard in stuck Windows Memory problem? memory or Diagnostic: Maybe memtest isn't compatible stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? with this hardware or I am not configuring it properly or there are some hardware problems here - The keyboard sometimes did not work during boot up such as when attempting to select the USB key to boot into memtest attaching a USB keyboard worked but I still couldn't get memtest to run - I am using Secure Boot During Windows installation the UEFI boot stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? menu could not detect the DVD drive if it was connected to the last SATA ports which was probably due to a different chipset being used

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12407-stuck-windows-memory-diagnostic-motherboard-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 30.1%

Several problems are happening I don t know if the extent to which they and Compressed Uses System Process High Memory Low Memory CPU, are related but here they are Earlier today I attempted but failed to install the latest update for the AMD Catalyst Control Center CCC In one System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory place a message said that it had installed correctly Another message said that it had failed to install correctly In the Control Panel AMD Install Manager and AMD Quick Stream are shown as installed today while the CCC shows an earlier date After the failure to update the CCC the System and Compressed System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory Memory process is consistently using around of CPU but little memory in the range of MB Sometimes but not always there is a startup error CLIStart exe There s no disk in the drive Please insert disk into drive device harddisk volume Volume This error has appeared less frequently MOM exe No disk in F I have not changed any USB devices recently It looks like MOM exe is a replacement for CLI exe in the CCC Should I uninstall and reinstall the CCC When I try to uninstall some programs but not others the Windows Installer freezes The Event Viewer shows many warnings and errors I know that I can safely ignore some of them but it is quite challenging to figure out which if any I should pay attention to I would love to share them with someone willing to take a look Scannow has shown no problems Webroot is the AV I apologize if not all of these issues should be in the same thread If I understood the relationships among them if any I could divide them more appropriately Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/44845-system-compressed-memory-process-uses-high-cpu-low-memory.html
Relevancy 30.1%

A device manager wasn't mentioned from the manufacturer. The manufacturer is PNY. Anyone know why it might cause the computer to run on virtual memory? There is a warning box that pulls up reading "out of memory at line:1521". I don't know what I need to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-new-memory-card-now-computer-runs-on-virtual-memory.150828/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello i have Slow? Computer less Soo Memory- Free Memory? ONLY 90MB or LOW a Windows bit OS and i am running a Laptop Ever since i had this virus Win malware gen which kept coming up with a notifications of the virus on avast every - minutes my computer was running slow and when i deleted the virus by dragging it in to the recycle bin and erasing it my computer was still running slow MY COMPUTER ALWAYS HAS UNDER MB FREE MEMORY WHEN I RUN GAME OR APPLICATION MY LAPTOP SPECS System manufacturer- EMachines System Model- eME RAM- GB DDR memory Processor- AMD Dual-Core Processor E- Graphics card- AMD LOW Computer Memory- ONLY 90MB or less Free Memory? Soo Slow? Radeon HD I've LOW Computer Memory- ONLY 90MB or less Free Memory? Soo Slow? tried so many things to fix this problem I have tried -Deleting the cache of all my browsers -Cleaning and defragging my registry with quot Clean My PC- Registry Cleaner quot -Deleting the 'appdata' cache -Installing new drivers LOW Computer Memory- ONLY 90MB or less Free Memory? Soo Slow? -Searching for viruses with avast -Doing a Memory RAM test with quot MemTest quot By the way I currently haven't been getting virus notifications so i don't think the problem is a virus one time i got a BSOD which on the top of the BSOD it said something about 'PAGEING ERROR I attached Images of -My Task Managers 'Processes' tab -My Task Managers 'Processes- All users' tab -My Task Managers 'performance' tab -My Avast virus report of the virus I had before SO COULD ANY ONE HELP PLEASE WITH THIS LAG PROBLEM

A:LOW Computer Memory- ONLY 90MB or less Free Memory? Soo Slow?

Hello GiCOMMANDO and welcome to Seven Forums.

I would run another full scan using the free Malwarebytes. It has a good reputation of finding things other products miss. Another highly recommended free on-demand scanner is ESET Online Scanner. (No anti-malware product is 100% effective 100% of the time. If there was such a thing we'd all be using it. A second - or third - malware scan is a good thing.)

ESET

Malwarebytes

From your first screen shot it appears that a portion of your 2GB RAM is being set aside, most likely for your graphics card. Your computer is starting out with less than a full 2GB RAM and 2GB is the absolute recommended minimum. I'd give serious thought to increasing RAM to 4GB (I believe your machine will handle up to 8GB and prices are very low right now.)

Because of that virus, it's possible that critical system files may have been damaged or corrupted. Try running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two, this tutorial.) If problems are found run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

And don't forget your basic maintenance chores such as disk cleanup, defrag, disk check, etc. Please post back if anything helped or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/256089-low-computer-memory-only-90mb-less-free-memory-soo-slow.html
Relevancy 30.1%

xw with x Xeon E GHz W Hewlett-Packard A h PC F DDR FB-DIMM Micron GB sticks BIOS F v nbsp Hello Question temperature and / Northbri... Memory xw8600 memory fan CPUs and to xw users and someone who knows what real temperatures and RPMs are xw8600 Memory and CPUs temperature / memory fan and Northbri... I need to know idle memory and CPUs temperature memory fan and Northbridge chip fan RPMs ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Problem nbsp memory T goes to C F on idle by CPUID HWMonitor and HWiNFO and it's true you don't want touch it Northbridge chipset assembly xw8600 Memory and CPUs temperature / memory fan and Northbri... is touchable but very hot CPUs nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C - C------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BIOS reports nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CPUs nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C - C nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Memory nbsp nbsp C - C nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CPU fan nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp rpmCPU fan nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp rpmMemory fan nbsp rpmNorthbridge chipset fan rpmRear out fan Chassis nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp rpmFront side fan PCI nbsp nbsp nbsp xw8600 Memory and CPUs temperature / memory fan and Northbri... nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp rpm------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Is this correct Why BIOS reads twice lower number Also I think memory fan should go higher then and up Chipset fan well known doing rpm and up CPUs on idle could be around C It is xw replacement so some things I can compare but info from other xw users would be a real HELP Thank You

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/xw8600-Memory-and-CPUs-temperature-memory-fan-and/td-p/5763050
Relevancy 30.1%

I am currently using MemClean and it not only decreases my memory use but it also seems to improve the general performance of Windows and apps.

Is this really the case or is it just my impression?

A:Do Memory Cleaners improve the memory usage and performance?

It is just your impression.

Windows 7 has very good memory management on it's own and has no need for and will not benefit from any third party memory "cleaners", "optimizers", "boosters", etc. The only very questionable benefit is to make the numbers in Task Manager more attractive to those who do not understand them.

David Solomon and Mark Russinovich, both well recognized Windows experts, mentioned these programs in the Microsoft publication "Windows Internals", sixth edition. They were very critical and did not recommend these programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/394936-do-memory-cleaners-improve-memory-usage-performance.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Memory is divided between C/operating system and D /data. The C/drive repeatedly runs low on memory. I cannot continue until I remove at least 3 gb of material. This just started recently. Any Clues?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-in-operating-system-constantly-reports-low-memory-426008.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I recently did a new install of Windows 7 64 bit. I noticed windows showed 4Gb of ram (2.75Gb usable). I read tons of articles after googling this and tried several options to free up some more ram.

I have 2 options in bios to change memory remapping over 4GB. S/W and H/W.

When I enable S/W remapping, windows boots everything seems fine but I get a crackling sound from speakers. Bios shows 4Gb (3Gb usable). Windows shows 4Gb ram (3.0 available).

When I enable H/W remapping, windows BSOD during boot, but bios shows 4Gb ram and all 4 Gb available.

So, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to eliminate the BSOD after enabling H/W memory remapping? Try installing Windows 7 again? I read some people saying bump up the voltage on ram perhaps? I've never done any overclocking, but would try if someone thinks it may help.

I've tried several different setting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:4Gb memory (2.75 Gb usable) memory remapping in bios causes BSOD

This sounds almost like a bios memory compatibility issue to me.
Have you tried checking the ram in both modes using memtest?
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Since the memory is obviously the center of this I think it bares testing.
Keep in mind you'll need several passes each way with memtest to get any kind of accurate result and will take some time

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215127-4gb-memory-2-75-gb-usable-memory-remapping-bios-causes-bsod.html
Relevancy 30.1%

svchost exe the instruction at x f referenced memory at the memory could not be read I keep getting this referenced at read not svchost.exe: at could the memory memory instruction the be every hour I don t no what it means but my internet closes out my desktop them goes to classics view and I have no sound when trying to look at videos When I restart the computer it goes svchost.exe: the instruction at referenced memory at the memory could not be read back to normal but later on it happens again For got to add log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS svchost.exe: the instruction at referenced memory at the memory could not be read system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS svchost.exe: the instruction at referenced memory at the memory could not be read Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Documents and Settings Snake The Hedgehog PC Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Vongo VongoService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C FRAPS FRAPS EXE C Program Files Vongo Tray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Styler Styler exe C Documents and Settings Snake The Hedgehog PC Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Snake The Hedgehog PC Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Snake The Hedgehog PC Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd presario amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http halomaps org R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd presario amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/svchost-exe-the-instruction-at-referenced-memory-at-the-memory-could-not-be-read.879278/
Relevancy 30.1%

HI I am having a problem with my memory getting tied up used up and not being able to access it again until I reboot Machine Dell xps studio OS Win Processor i RAM GB max it will take Video ATI Radeon running monitors Versions As far as I know I am running current versions of everything including video drivers flash chrome etc I've tried running Chrome with both the build in version of flash and the system version -haven't seen a difference Browser I nearly exclusively run Chrome Canary with auto-updates so am at the latest builds What seems to cause me to use up run out of memory is after I play videos YouTube Netflix etc the memory seems to get used but is Use (Memory vid. playing after Excessive Memory Leak?) Troubleshooting not returned to the system even if the browser is closed and re-opened Right now for example things Troubleshooting Excessive Memory Use (Memory Leak?) after playing vid. are Troubleshooting Excessive Memory Use (Memory Leak?) after playing vid. working fine I rebooted Troubleshooting Excessive Memory Use (Memory Leak?) after playing vid. my system a couple hours ago but have not played any videos I have Adobe Lightroom running Picasa Chrome and Canary currently web browser windows open with tabs open Task Manager currently shows me using GB of ram that seems pretty reasonable to me Normally my system will keep running properly if a program is closed memory is freed up right up until I start to play any videos YouTube Netflix etc then it will start using up more memory Of course I expect it to use more memory during playback However even if I restart the browser the memory does not get freed back up For example just prior to the reboot with everything closed I was using right around GB of ram Once I rebooted I was using something GB of ram prior to opening any programs However once I start playing some videos I never seem to be able to get my ram freed back up again unless I reboot the whole system This is not just a problem with how much memory the system shows as being available I frequently actually run out of memory Task Manager will show me as using around GB and then everything starts swapping out like crazy I'm not a programmer but to me this seems like some sort of memory leak issue perhaps from Flash Is there anything that I might be able to do other than to re-boot the entire system after I play a video to get the memory back again We often use the computer as our TV and one of the monitors is playing something just about every night so rebooting gets to really be a pain Thanks so much for your time Jamie Dolan

A:Troubleshooting Excessive Memory Use (Memory Leak?) after playing vid.

Have you looked in Chromes own task manager to see if you can find a tab using excessive ram?

Using the Task Manager in Chrome Browser

See if indeed closing the video tab actually deletes the listing from the task manager perhaps?

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/256959-troubleshooting-excessive-memory-use-memory-leak-after-playing-vid.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a computer I built and used since 2010 running well. It has two matched 4GB sticks of DDR3 for a total of 8GB. I have two remaining slots (empty) for ram on the motherboard to add more ram. Do I need to find the exact same memory as the ram I am currently using or does it matter?

A:Question regarding Dual Channel Memory- Mix or Match Memory

If you can get the same kit again it would be best but if you can get a kit with the same timings, speed, and voltage you should be okay. You should use cpu-z to find out your kit model and timings it supports. CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID At the moment your two current sticks should in the white slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377014-question-regarding-dual-channel-memory-mix-match-memory.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello all New member here I have had an issue with my PC since I quot upgraded quot to windows earlier this year that is driving me batty Unfortunately I upgraded the hardware motherboard CPU and RAM at the same time so I can't rule out a hardware issue completely The issue stuck around despite a total hard disk wipe and reinstall from scratch I'm a relative noob as far as this sort of troubleshooting and I'm really not sure how to proceed My normal modus operandi has been to simply wipe and start over if I ran into serious enough issues but that did not work this time always Leak. runs Memory of Probable System memory out Months of google searches have not really yielded any progress so I thought it could not hurt to ask here So the problem Basically the longer the system runs the more memory it uses Eventually it freezes up and itf you let it alone long enough after this starts it will finally reboot itself Doing Probable Memory Leak. System always runs out of memory anything intensive hastens the process of memory drain basically the harder it works the faster it happens If I am using the PC hard it only takes a couple hours to Probable Memory Leak. System always runs out of memory burn through all GB If I am away for days with nothing but background processes running it takes a few days but it eventually crashes and reboots The only thing that might be slightly out of the ordinary for most users is the fact that I use the PC as my TV and DVR through Windows Media Center and the use of a Silicondust HD Homerun Prime cablecard tuner Other than that it's pretty basic stuff on my PC I don't do any gaming these days and usually the hardest workout the machine gets is downloading large files like movies I will try to attach a few snapshots of task manager etc as I gather you folks can make more sense of them than I can If you need anything else please do not hesitate to ask I am sick of rebooting my PC all the time to avoid crashes Any and all help would be sincerely appreciated Alan

A:Probable Memory Leak. System always runs out of memory

Post a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab showing memory information.
This shows important information not found anywhere else.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60127-probable-memory-leak-system-always-runs-out-memory.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi,

I ran Windows Memory Diagnostics multiple times (1GB Ram = 2X512), sometimes it reposrts errors, and sometimes not!

I'm running two OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64Bit, where I'm encountering bad performance, and Windows 7 32Bit which runs smoothly.

I'm not sure if it's really a memory damage or something else. I upgraded lately my CPU from Intel Pentium 4 506 to Intel Core 2 Duo 7500 (compatible with my mobo), when the BSOD appeared again and again.

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows Memory Diagnostic Reports Memory Problems

Hello TheHero2012, welcome to SF!

For better mem testing use:
Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.
Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-memtest86
-------

Sorry, should have read better. W7 64B will not run on just 1Gb of RAM.
If it runs ok on the 32B then there is prob nothing wrong with the ram itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184142-windows-memory-diagnostic-reports-memory-problems.html
Relevancy 30.1%

please can anyone help, i keep getting this message

A:Ram memory usage is critically high. Ram memory failure

probably this http://www.pcthreat.com/parasitebyid-12832en.html

so click report and ask to move to spyware forum

but COULD be something else if you installed it or recognise it then as i say click report

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-memory-usage-is-critically-high-ram-memory-failure.973133/
Relevancy 30.1%

My boy's desktop has a low memory warning problem that is a little different than some of the other threads I've read here.  He gets the warning when he plays SWTOR.  Task manager shows about 290 MB of memory in use during play with no leaking.  He has an SSD as the system drive with 140 GB free out of about 240 GB.  After going on the Microsoft boards, I tried to fix the problem by resetting the virtual memory settings to "automatically size paging file" and even a custom setting but the settings won't save following a restart and it always comes back saying that no virtual memory has been allocated.  The PC runs Win8 32 bit with a Core DUO E8400 and 4GB of RAM on the MB.  I'd be grateful for any suggestions/help.

A:Win8 Low Memory - Virtual Memory Settings Not Saving

Try to defrag your hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505962/win8-low-memory-virtual-memory-settings-not-saving/
Relevancy 30.1%

After having a busy couple of months building computers for friends and others I noticed that after construction problems seemed to centre around computers that had two sticks of memory The memory I installed was the solutions memory good but Possible errors where occur is anyway memory same two sticks ordered at the same time eg two meg sticks In one case not yet knowing that the memory may be to blame and going through the endless process of component substitution I replaced the two meg sticks with a matched pair from my own computer my computer has dual channel RAM and I had two matched sets installed gig total Problem solved I also noticed that memory read errors disappeared from my home computer at the same time windows server gigabyte KNXP Ultra gig Prescott I had also noted that memory read errors never occur after my computer has been switched on for a Possible solutions where memory is good but memory errors occur anyway day or two eg it has been constantly on for weeks now and no memory read errors after the first few hours So here is my conclusion for single channel RAM always get matched pairs anyway and enjoy a crash free environment For dual channel with more than one set of RAM try swapping one pair Alternatively try leaving the computer on continuously You can switch the monitor off and leave the computer idling or better still donate your spare cycles to a good cause eg SETI In Sum The faster the RAM the more critical the matching even in single channel systems Leaving the computer on may in itself facilitate matching for whatever reason eg components eventually reach the same temperature Kind regards Robert Karl Stonjek nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-solutions-where-memory-is-good-but-memory-errors-occur-anyway.34270/
Relevancy 30.1%

Memory Riser Question XW8600 Is the HP 449416-001 MEMORY RISER compatible with the XW8600? I am about to recieve 4 of these risers (free from my friend) and would like to know if anyone could tell me if they are compatible with the xw8600 (part# RV726AV)? xw8600 (part# RV726AV) -->URL: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?sp4ts.oid=3432827 Thanks in advance--- J4.52

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-Riser-Question-XW8600-Is-the-HP-449416-001-MEMORY/td-p/5633346
Relevancy 30.1%

I installed the Nvidia GT got the Blue screen of death after many headaches I took it back and got the Nvidia GT still got vs memory system conflict? Video card memory BSOD I have done a complete hardware diagnostic test on every piece of hardware on the computer and everything checks out good I have Video card memory vs system memory conflict? the latest Video card and mother board drivers installed and keep getting the blue screen of death on random things mostly DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a theory I have is maybe the Video card memory speed is conflicting with the Video card memory runs faster then the System memory and I ve read that Vista has problems with ram Video card memory vs system memory conflict? that runs at different speeds could that be the issue Just a quick update I just uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio Driver I have a feeling it was conflicting with the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver We will see Any help or info from you guys will be helpful thanks Here are my system specs System Information Saturday June PM ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model Information ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model Name m f Product Number GX AA-ABA Software Build NAv PrA Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer HP-Pavilion Total Number of Logical CPUs Total Physical Memory GB Total Number of Optical Drives Total Number of Hard Drives Total Number Video card memory vs system memory conflict? of Video Cards Total Number of Memory Modules Total Number of DIMM slots ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Board Chipset nVidia MCP Base Board Manufacturer ECS Product Nettle BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD Release Date BIOS Version String ROM Size kB AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor CPU Specification AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Size kB Size MB AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor CPU Specification AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Size kB Size MB ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Memory ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Memory Total Physical Memory GB Free Physical Memory GB MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size GB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size GB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Local Disk ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hitachi HDT VLA SCSI Disk Device Model Number Hitachi HDT VLA Firmware Revision V O Total Capacity GB Driver c windows system drivers disk sys Driver Version - - Hitachi HDT VLA SCSI Disk Device Model Number Hitachi HDT VLA Firmware Revision V O Total Capacity GB Driver c windows system drivers disk sys Driver Version - - HP - C Drive Letter C Volume Name HP Volume Serial Number -AAC File System NTFS Volume Capacity GB Volume Free Space GB Volume Used Space GB FACTORY IMAGE - D Drive Letter D Volume Name FACTORY IMAGE Volume Serial... Read more

A:Video card memory vs system memory conflict?

Just tried this:http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=586183&mpage=1Hopefully this will fix the BSOD issue,I'm sick of getting the BSOD on my system when nothing is wrong with the hardware. I work to hard to keep it running like new, don't want something simple to take it down. but this has been going on for weeks hopefully this will fix.I'll know in the morning.This is also interesting:http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=190995

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401806/video-card-memory-vs-system-memory-conflict/
Relevancy 30.1%

hello

I'm Jermaine and I've been experiencing some issues with my dell inspiron 1e1505 laptop for a few months now. The issue is that a error stating that RAM memory usage5 is critically high. Ram memory failure. Windows xp is the software being used. what do I do?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393623/ram-memory-usage5-is-critically-high-ram-memory-failure/
Relevancy 30.1%

Has anyone else noticed that chkdsk uses all available physical memory if you let it run long enough I find that if I run chkdsk and leak memory usage memory / high chkdsk watch the memory usage in task manager it jumps by about MB every seconds or so until it either finishes or hits around GB at which point my physical memory shows used I'm running GB and the system of course slows to a crawl If you just run a quick chkdsk on your boot drive you may not notice it but try running something longer like chkdsk r on a flash drive or chkdsk f on a bigger internal drive but not chkdsk high memory usage / memory leak your OS drive as this would require a reboot and watch the memory usage climb I have duplicated this on both systems I have running win My XP machine checking the same USB flash drive uses a much more normal amount of memory for chkdsk - MB Anyway just looking for suggestions as I have old hard drives that I would like to check Normally I would run all at once but with this system it's just not possible as they each use about MB of memory and once all the system RAM is used up the disk checking process slows down a lot

A:chkdsk high memory usage / memory leak

chkdsk /r is implys /f if you only doing NTFS format then try /I or /D or /C

/I NTFS only: Performs a less vigorous check of index entries.
/C NTFS only: Skips checking of cycles within the folder
structure.
/B NTFS only: Re-evaluates bad clusters on the volume
(implies /R)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/11815-chkdsk-high-memory-usage-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello All Here s some info about my system This was an e-Machines build with the addition of a Zoran DC plus a GB WD IDE harddrive a Lite-on LTR- s and MB Kingston Value PC RAM Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x Motherboard Name FIC K M-NF G AU PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio Video LAN Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce IGP System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU MB Memory Controller Properties Error Detection Method -bit Parity Error Correction None Supported Memory Interleave -Way Current fails Windiag crashes Memory RAM test, Memory 86+ Memory Interleave -Way Supported Memory RAM fails Windiag Memory test, crashes Memory 86+ Speeds ns ns ns Supported Memory Types DIMM Supported Memory Voltages V Maximum Memory Module Size MB Memory Slots SPD Memory Modules DIMM Samsung M L ETN-CB MB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Kingston K MB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz This system has never been what I would call stable I have had to completly reinstall the Windows XP OS kept up to date and with SP at least or times which due to the way RAM fails Windiag Memory test, crashes Memory 86+ e-Machines configured the system discs wipes the hard drive I now reside the OS on the GB drive and try to keep most of my data video photos music on the GB drive Recently I had to use the recovery console after a can t RAM fails Windiag Memory test, crashes Memory 86+ find windows system config message A system crash after that sent me to http oca microsoft com en windiag asp I used the test and both memory modules failed equally I moved them around and tried both one at a time The Samsung module seems to consistently show twice the eroors as the Kingston module I tried the Memory test and it consistently crashed at test Microsoft s information suggests motherboard problems When I generate an Everest report on the system it includes a debug-pci section Does this mean anything A large part of me wants to celebrate the backend of this system but my pocket book does not agree Is there a way to pinpoint whether it s the motherboard or the ram or do I ditch them both Can I rebuild the system with a new motherboard cpu ram and reuse all the rest of the system I am attaching a few recent minidumps I would appreciate any advice nbsp

A:RAM fails Windiag Memory test, crashes Memory 86+

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your problem is almost certainly caused by faulty ram.

The fact that memtest86+ is reporting ram errors, means your ram is bad.

One of your minidumps crashes with memory corruption.

Try one new stick of ram, and test your system.

The other three minidumps crash with Windows system file errors, but this can be attributed to faulty ram.

Also, one minidump crashes at SYMEvent.SYS=Symantec Event Library.

This is a known issue on some machines/configurations.

Turning off the live updates can sometimes solve this. Otherwise try using a different security product.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-fails-windiag-memory-test-crashes-memory-86.35469/
Relevancy 30.1%

I've been getting this error message frequently while on the internet. Can someone help me?

The instruction at 0x73dd3190 referenced memory at 0x6769742a. The memory could not be "read". OK to terminate, Cancel to debug.

Thank you!

A:memory prob? The instruction at 0x73dd3190 referenced memory...

I would remove/disable all IE add-ons and see if the problem goes away. IMO, these sorts of situations are often caused by toolbars, etc. that users have installed.

With IE open...Tools/Manage Add-ons.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321473/memory-prob-the-instruction-at-0x73dd3190-referenced-memory/
Relevancy 30.1%

The IEXPLORE.EXE still reside im my PC memory after I close the IE window.

With task mamanger, I can see there are many IEXPLORE.EXE running. But, I already close all of them.

I ran 3 ad-ware, spybot, MS antispyware. Removed all the spyware by those 3 spyware detector.

The problem still exist. Anyone knows why?

Thanks

David

A:IEXPLORE.EXE reside in memory after I close IE window. And this take all my PC memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iexplore-exe-reside-in-memory-after-i-close-ie-window-and-this-take-all-my-pc-memory.399970/
Relevancy 30.1%

6 months ago,i upgraded memory from the factory installed 64 to 256. It works,etc.

Is there any additional tweaking/ajustments i can do? i read something with virtual memory setting could be done for one thing.

A:After upgrading memory,its works,Virtual memory Tweaking Now?

Unless you have Win95 you likely don’t want to go messing with your virtual memory. And even in that case it is the vcache you would be more interested in tweaking. Win98 and higher handles memory well.

If you watch your system monitor and are sure you aren’t using your virtual memory you might do the ConservativeSwapfileUsage=1 INI tweak. Unless you are doing graphics, video editing or something RAM intensive you likely aren’t using the virtual memory and the tweak won’t slow your computer. It doesn’t speed it up, it just stops needless writes to the hard drive during idle time. Information if you want to do that: http://www.aumha.org/a/memmgmt.htm

Don’t let anyone talk you into Cacheman or any of those Mem/RAM/Turbo/Boost type programs. They were written for Win95 and counterproductive in anything since.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-upgrading-memory-its-works-virtual-memory-tweaking-now.95736/