Windows Support Forum

Admin account corrupted and cant access files using Admin p/w

Q: Admin account corrupted and cant access files using Admin p/w

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin account corrupted and cant access files using Admin p/w

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.27%

Okay guys this actually happened a while back and I never got round to fixing it, but basically when I turn my PC I see my guest account and what used to be my admin account, it used to be called Curt and now is saying Other user and I actually have to type the name and password in and it says that it is incorrect. It's also running very slowly so it takes a while for normal actions. Help is hugely appreciated, thank you.

A:Admin account corrupted, can't access it or any of its files.

Quote: Originally Posted by curtfh

...I actually have to type the name and password in and it says that it is incorrect....

I would use the tool mentioned in option 5 of this tutorial to remove the password:
User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390781-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-any-its-files.html
Relevancy 83.08%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 83.08%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 80.6%

If someone with greater technical savvy than I can help it would be appreciated If logs would help please advise which I've tried to find dislodge hijacker ru URL I feel like I'm playing chess in the dark against grand master as grim reaper Losing money time and peace with situation Windows level techs have remotely tried to fix separate cases and top tech guy at Corte Madera CA store unable to fix problem DCOM flooded with error messages by time OS completes corrupted SOS fix mbr & Reset by corrupted replaced shortcuts book, built machine(s) in admin cannot as all bios, standalone broken RAT. admin Welcome nbsp song dance Unable to fix corrupt certificates with unknown and unsigned certificate extensions Default built-in admin replaced by Defaultuser Paths changed on any owner created admin accounts which no longer have any admin privileges despite still being named as admin Attributes changed on Library files so documents saved and pusic ripped cannot be accessed Rollback option on drivers also SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced all changed immed after start up st time Disk Management loses ability SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced to format or save info on USB devices which are converted to RAW format Thrice weekly reset of system does nothing but allow brief window of usage Network settings corrupted and based on description believe DNS cache to be poisoned Tried using sysinternal accesschk but log shows for less than second amp disappears Procmgr shows huge amounts of svchost programs running simultaneously Though my guess is that both machine and network corrupted probably primary and rest result of ports left open by st so don't know where to start VM and proxy attempts circumvented by unchangeable command bypass proxy for localhost command nbsp Not just Windows purchased Mac OS x which worked great for months until shrug Windows script started getting written to Mac library Devices w every OS of Windows since XP every OS x of Mac Linux iOS Android all have permissions amp admin changed to point where I have lost access to system files nbsp Registry corrupted but nothing in regedit or tools from sysinternals can fix Cannot make myself NET USER on Windows machines since all my user accounts get changed to standard I cannot imagine a situation wherein I could possibly be more f ked Experts new machines software have cost fortune Would eat worms but can't find Sorry for length but could not figure out how to shorten SOS Excellent opportunity for someone to be hero Thnx for any conceivable solution aside Luddism

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7ed882e2-1d72-46d3-8752-d7b551e10785/sos-reset-cannot-fix-as-book-bios-mbr-all-corrupted-standalone-machines-corrupted-by-rat-built?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 111.37%

I have a set of folder I encrypted from my user account. I haven't figured out how to access them from my admin account.

In reverse, while logged on my admin account, I droppped some files into folder encrypted by my user account. I can't access those files when I log on as a user.

How can I get access to all my encrypted files regardless of which logon I use?

A:Access my user account encrypted files from my admin account?

Umm...if you could access encrypted files from another user that would remove the whole point of encrypting the files to begin with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180997-access-my-user-account-encrypted-files-my-admin-account.html
Relevancy 109.65%

Hi everyone Here is my latest Vista woe s Dell Inspiron gbRAM gb HDD Core duo T GHz Vista Home Prem - auto update AvastHome Windows Defender AVGAntispyware RUBotted Threatfire Some background I have profiles on the machine Admin which is my original Admin account I've used it to install apps etc Basic which is my everyday non-admin profile that I use for just about everything New Admin files Admin can't App Admin - Permissions Problems / Install UAC, Public / access which is a new admin account I created for trouble shooting but it has the same problems that the original one has There are basic issues I'll use one particular instance as an example but it's not the only instance AND it's an intermittent issue - sometimes problem happens sometimes it doesn't Ten minutes after this instance I downloaded and installed an app and it ran fine In my Basic profile I downloaded Skype and saved the file to my Public Downloads folder I right-clicked quot run as administrator quot Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files to try and install Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files and got this error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I tried just clicking it to run it without quot run as administrator quot and got the same error I did some searching on the error and found some postings elsewhere but most were very old and in WinXP instead of Vista but I tried investigating the things mentioned in those posts - I ran the AVG scan and removal tool for the Gaelicum A virus - it didn't find anything - I checked the properties of the file and it did not say anything about coming from another computer and needing to be unblocked - I logged out of my Basic profile and logged into my Admin profile and all the same problems happened - I logged into my New Admin profile and all the same things happened In my New Admin profile I copied the file from the Public Downloads folder and tried pasting it into my New Admin's own Downloads folder and got this error Destination Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file NOTE This happened IN MY ADMIN PROFILE Click quot Continue quot and get this message User Account Control Windows needs your permission to continue If you started this action continue File Operation Microsoft Windows AD - - - - B BDB E Click quot continue quot and the installer begins It runs a while and then I get this message the dialog box says its a message from Skype but I've gotten similar messages from other software I've tried to install Cannot write the installation package on the disk Please make sue that you have the necessary disk space available There are GB available on this disk This is not a new problem so I can't think to associate it with any particular software change and so 'restoring' to an earlier time isn't helpful because it's not tied to any particular time that I can identify I haven't changed hardware AND the associated issue at least I think it's associated is that sometimes installing apps in one profile doesn't flow thru to the other profiles and I can't find any rhyme or reason to that - I've had this happen whether I install the apps while in my Admin account while in my Basic account and using quot run as administrator quot to install or whether I'm in my Admin account and using quot run as administrator quot EVEN THOUGH I'm IN MY ADMIN account because some apps seem to require that kind of thing Then the icons for that app won't show up in different profiles' start menus I can't even search for the apps - have to sometimes dig into C xx to find an executable to create a shortcut Sometimes then trying to run the app and I'm talking about something basic like maybe a PDF viewer or something like that it says I need administrator permissions to run it I'm so tired of all this Can someone please help me I'm ... Read more

A:Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files

Helloooooo??? Anybody out there?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me.

[UPDATE] incidentally, since writing this I have been able to install a couple of other small apps (but have also run into the same problem on a couple of others).

Thanks
Buck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-admin-permissions-app-install-uac-admin-cant-access-public-files-260867.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 105.35%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I have Vista Home Premium 32bit with SP2 and all the latest updates.

I have two accounts set up; 1 admin account and 1 standard user for daily use. Recently, the Admin account would not let me change file or folder names and many of my own folders were marked as read-only. Even taking ownership of the folders did not solve the problem. Also, programs like FireFox would not run from that account at all.

Many have suggested online that a registry cleaner removed a registry entry. I never use registry cleaners, they are a really bad idea.

I created a new admin account and everything is working fine on that account.

For future reference so that I can avoid this problem: What causes might there be for losing read/write ability and the ability to change file/folder names?

A:Admin Account Corrupted

There can be many different reasons for this, was the files concerned in an external drive?
Have you had any updates that have failed?

There are many tutorials on these symptoms here;

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/?filter[11]=File%20Folder%20Settings

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234841-admin-account-corrupted.html
Relevancy 103.63%

After a power failure I could not have access to my only account Ron Wolpa which was administrator DETAIL I CAN T REMEMBER THE PASSWORD I USED DURING new corrupted account.. profile Admin , created account a INSTALLATION After booting and rebooting many times I could load an empty desktop screen I remember to have read an error message stating that the info on my profile could not be found the exact words I can t remember C windows system config systemprofile desktop refers to an Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. unavailable location IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONNECT WINDOWS TO THE EVENT NOTIFICATION SERVICE THIS PROBLEM PREVENTS THE ACCESS Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. TO THE STANDARD USERS Once in the corrupt desktop none of my icons loaded nothing at all by luck I gained access to the control panel through an icon on the task bar icon tray This enabled me to create a new account named Emergency that is where I am now writing this message I wished I could repair my old administrator account and spare me the work of reconfiguring everything on my new account that has not admin privileges At the point I am without the admn password what is the best that could I do Thanks

A:Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account..

http://cdslow.webhost.ru/files/ntpwedit/ntpwed05.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/60830-admin-account-profile-corrupted-created-new-account.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi install IE11 account Admin corrupted after I'm on win sp x I installed IE and when I rebooted I've seen the Admin account corrupted after install IE11 following - the classic screen quot wait for installing upgrades quot in italian I'm not sure about the original messages but you get it - the message quot impossible to install upgrades quot - autoreboot - finally reach the desktop but it's a clean desktop of a temp account with the message quot You have been logged on with a temporary profile quot What I have done - from the temp account I created a new admin account called quot admin quot the old one is called quot admin quot and quot admin-PC quot is the hostname - In HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList I renamed my old account entry S- - - - - - - bak to S- - - - - - - old I rebooted but I still can't log in with the old account quot admin quot This is the state of the register now https postimg org image jplor c In C Users admin I still can see my files but in nbsp C Users it has been created a new directory quot admin admin-PC quot Do you think I safely remove that SID old and edit the nbsp ProfileImagePath to points to nbsp C Users admin again

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5231f3cf-ea55-48da-8eec-14363240f818/admin-account-corrupted-after-install-ie11?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 101.05%

Detailed Explanation A few days ago I started my computer and was taken directly to the Windows repair screen because my computer was apparently unable to start After running the repair tool for a few minutes Windows told me it had no solution so I simply restarted the computer After that it started fine and I 7 (No account? available.) Fixing Windows corrupted backup admin my thought everything was solved But yesterday after I Fixing my corrupted Windows 7 admin account? (No backup available.) logged in successfully Fixing my corrupted Windows 7 admin account? (No backup available.) my mouse and keyboard suddenly stopped responding I used the power button to manually restart my computer I tried to log in again but I got the quot User Profile Service failed quot error message Now every time I attempt to log in I get the quot User Profile Service failed quot message immediately after entering my password I logged in to the standard Guest profile and attempted to edit the registry according to the first method found here but admin privileges are required to edit the registry and every time I type my admin password into the administrator privileges prompt nothing happens it accepts the password but then does nothing So it appears I cannot use my admin password to gain admin privileges Next I booted in Safe Mode and attempted to log in to my admin account It actually allowed me to log in using the admin password but whenever I tried to click anything such as quot Create an account quot nothing happened So it appears I can log Fixing my corrupted Windows 7 admin account? (No backup available.) in to the admin account with Safe Mode but I can't do much else on that account I'm currently downloading Hiren's BootCD because this discussion leads me to believe it might be able to copy files from my admin profile to a new profile without prompting me for admin privileges Another problem is that I've gotten lazy so I haven't backed up files or programs in months so I need to create a new admin account and somehow copy over all of my files and programs without accidentally losing them I have a terabyte hard drive that's over half full of games and important documents so I can NOT lose the data stored in my corrupted account Summary I can't log in to my only admin account because it's corrupted I can access it in Safe Mode but I can't do anything in Safe Mode e g when I click quot Create an account quot nothing happens I can't edit the registry from the Guest profile or do anything requiring admin privileges because the admin password doesn't seem to work None of my files or programs are backed up I need a method by which I can either repair my current admin account or create a new admin account and copy over all of my files and programs System Information Windows Home Premium -bit avast Free Antivirus Is it likely the free version of avast let a virus slip by and corrupt my account I've never had any problems with avast in the past I've been running my home-built PC for almost two years now with no major problems It's pretty quiet for the most part but I may have noticed some slightly louder whirring and clicking while booting up since these problems began Then again I could just be imagining it I filled out the exact specs when I created my forum account in case someone thinks the profile corruption could be caused by a hardware problem When I have time I'll pop the case open and see if I notice any obvious internal damage

A:Fixing my corrupted Windows 7 admin account? (No backup available.)

Hello Jake, and welcome to Seven Forums.

While logged in to the built-in Administrator account, the tutorial below may be able to help with the user profile error for your account.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344446-fixing-my-corrupted-windows-7-admin-account-no-backup-available.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi I'm on win sp x I installed IE and when I rebooted I've seen the following - the classic screen quot wait for installing upgrades quot in italian I'm not sure about the original messages but you get it - the message quot impossible to install upgrades quot - autoreboot - finally reach the desktop but it's corrupted [solved] install Admin after IE11 account a clean desktop of a temp account [solved] Admin account corrupted after install IE11 with the message quot You have been logged on with a temporary profile quot What I have done - from the temp account I created a new admin account called quot admin quot the old one is called quot admin quot and quot admin-PC quot is the hostname - In HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList I renamed my old account entry S- - - - - - - bak to S- - - - - - - old I rebooted but I still can't log in with the old account quot admin quot This is the state of the register now https postimg org image [solved] Admin account corrupted after install IE11 jplor c In C Users admin I still can see my files but in nbsp C Users it has been created a new directory quot admin admin-PC quot Do you think I safely remove that SID old and edit the nbsp ProfileImagePath to points to nbsp C Users admin again

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5231f3cf-ea55-48da-8eec-14363240f818/solved-admin-account-corrupted-after-install-ie11?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 99.76%

I just user when admin non made Lost Admin account account made a non admin user account on my Dell Inspiron windows xp laptop When I went online to sign in under my account admin it is no longer there My name Penne is there and Lost Admin user account when made non admin account so is my daughters I click on my name put my password in and it takes me to the desktop for my daughter and ALL my stuff is gone PLEASE HELP I have googled this and the only thing Lost Admin user account when made non admin account I am seeing is that you need to sign in under an Admin user account to fix this and get my stuff back THere is Lost Admin user account when made non admin account NO admin user account so how can I get it all back I did the F and went to restore to previous point and that didnt work I know there is a way to go to the restore calendar and find a day that her user account was not on there like last week so this might work but I dont know how to find this PLEASE help as all of my EVERYTHING is on my user account and I am lost without it all have a retreat this weekend and I need all of my sheet music and my songs Thanks so much PENNE nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

I admin has My is corrupted PC so Admin user now privileges name NO created an administrator account for MSConway and changed my original account pmconway to user My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges Now when I log in to MSConway I get quot The user name or password is corrupted quot At the cmd line I entered quot net users quot and saw that my Admin account is mistakenly named quot Ms Conway quot Also when I use quot net user quot for MSConway that name is not recognized nor is any variation on Ms Conway like quot Ms Conway quot quot Conway quot quot Ms quot quot Ms What can I do I really want to upgrade to Windows but I'm stuck with no Admin account Also my Windows DVD came with my refurbished HP and says quot Intended for distribution with a refurbished PC quot When I boot from that DVD I don't get an option to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows so I'm wondering if I can even do a clean install with this type of Windows DVD Can I I'd really appreciate any suggestions Thanks a lot Trish

A:My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges

See Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable about enabling the built-in admin account. Once you get it set up I would take a system image with third party software (aomei, eg) so you have a fallback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377115-my-admin-user-name-corrupted-so-now-pc-has-no-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Basically I have two admin accounts one of which belongs to another member of family and one which belongs to me. Heres the situation:

The person who owns the other Admin account is changing my accounts password (also an admin account). Surely there is some way to make it so that I can not have my account's password changed unless it is logged on to my actual account (so my account's password can only be changed if my account is logged on?)

Is there a way?

In urgent need of help!

Thanks!

A:Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Here's an article (for Win2K) that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309799But, IMO, the issue here is that the other person can't be trusted. In such a situation I'd suggest making the other account into a Standard User account - that way they won't be able to mess with your stuff, and they'll be reliant upon you for anything that requires administrative privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153087/prevent-admin-accounts-from-changing-other-admin-account-passwords-in-xp/
Relevancy 98.9%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi Guys I'm new to this forum as in this is my first post so please be gentle with Admin? Standard Account to Hidden (Admin) Transferring me if this has been answered before So anyway I have a standard account with admin privileges turned off UAC etc but it doesn't seem to be elevated all the time for example I still see the quot admin shield Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? quot icon next to some programs on my desktop Most of the time I have to right click and select quot Run as Administrator quot from the popup menu and also Windows still asks me when something needs admin mode and do I want to continue I have Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? activated the hidden true admin account on my PC and when I log into that everything is elevated and great no more prompts etc which is what I want But the problem is it looks very basic I want to be able to transfer all my settings from my standard admin account to my true admin account is this possible I've tried going to system- gt advanced system settings- gt user profiles to copy the account across but the copy button is grayed out If this is not possible is there any way to make this standard admin account the full type which is always elevated Hope someone can help me I'm getting very annoyed having to give permission for things I want to do all the time Thanks in advance -milw rm

A:Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin?

Hello milw0rm, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You could use the tutorial below to elevate your standard administrator account to have the same elevated rights as the built-in elevated Administrator account.

Be warned though, that all Metro Store apps and the Store will not work in an elevated account.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/16240-transferring-standard-admin-account-hidden-admin.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I'm just getting a new HP Envy - computer set up Came with and then was upgraded to I started with a Microsoft id which set me up as Administrator and that's working fine I set up a Local account with Type Administrator which it shows in the User Account profile I expected that this new Admin account would be a full-on Admin with the ability to see and edit all files pictures documents etc including system stuff but it does none of that If I check the Properties Security on a folder file it will show the account saying that it is Admin and showing the same controls as my Admin account but it is unable to see any of the set but as Admin, as New Admin account doesn't 8.1 work Library documents which reside in the structure under my Admin name which is where I pasted them after copying from my Win machine I haven't really done any other testing to see what else it could could not do once I found it couldn't even pick a new account picture for itself Are my expectations wrong or is there something else I should have done or done differently I have deleted and then recreated it I haven't done anything with Homegroup as there is nothing to share Should I We're a single computer printer home My goal is too have New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin only two accounts This new one as Admin account and a new Standard account for daily use both as Local Accounts New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin then remove my Microsoft Admin user account Thanks for your help

A:New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin

Have You taken ownership of them?
This should work in windows 8.1 too. It works in My Windows 8.
Take Ownership of a File or Folder
Read the directions.

An administrator can take ownership of any file on the computer.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512168/new-81-account-set-as-admin-but-doesnt-work-as-admin/
Relevancy 96.32%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 96.32%

I installed a few programs last night and I lost all my admin privileges I m using an account that has admin rights and yet these happened - run button in the lost account admin privileges! Admin start menu has disappeared Admin account lost admin privileges! - turn off button has also disappeared I can only log off - I cannot run the task manager when I press ctrl-alt-del - some sys tray applications stopped being started up with the windows skype msn messenger icq adobe lightroom daemontools - when I load Adobe Photoshop CS I get this message that says quot You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have administrator privileges quot - I m sure there re more things waiting to be discovered But the thing is my account has admin status I ve run adaware to clear out all spyware already I m attaching a HijackThis log can anyone help see what s wrong Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe E Win UTILIT MICROS rapimgr exe E Win Utilities NOD nod krn exe E Win Internet Tools Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe E Win Internet Tools eMule emule exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe E Win Utilities HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Win Utilities Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG - quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY -C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck -C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite - quot E Win Internet Tools ICQLite ICQLite exe quot -minimize O - HKLM Run BigDog -C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKLM Run Phase One Media Reader -E Win Graphics CAPTUR DCIMImp exe noscan CheckAutoStart O - HKLM Run CTHelper -CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp -CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched - quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader - quot E Win Graphics Lightroom apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run nod kui - quot E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr - quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS - quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Global Startup Launchy lnk E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res E Win Internet Tools ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - E Win UTILIT MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name... Read more

Relevancy 95.89%

Pretty basic question (I think). Is the built-in administrator's account exactly the same as a manually created local administrator's account privilege wise? Or does the built-in possess inherently elevated privileges?

I have googled around, however, I can't find a clear answer for this.

Thank you

A:built-in admin account vs regular admin account

Hello Spurcell, and welcome to Seven Forums.

They are basically the same, except that the built-in possess inherently elevated privileges, and the other doesn't until approved through UAC to elevate the action.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255985-built-admin-account-vs-regular-admin-account.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I cannot access my admin account on my pc. I get as far as the log on screen, enter my password, then the following error message appears: "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator".
I only have 1 account on this machine (the account i cant access!!!). The computer is connected to a network.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dougie

Relevancy 95.03%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz, x64 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 211033 MB, Free - 113066 MB; D: Total - 27439 MB, Free - 17447 MB;
Motherboard: iQon.ie, 945GZM-S2, ,
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled:

eek:
when i try to access the admin account, it says "The user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded.
i cannot delete programs in control panel, the pc has 4 accounts, all password protected as well as admin. dya think it's something fixable or pc hospital. i asked for (and got, yay!) an external hard drive for my bday but am scared of messing and still not sorting the problem.
any advice gratefully received.

A:cannot access admin account

I've encounter this problem in win xp not in vista yet. But I believe the solution maybe about the same. Do you now using guest profile,normal user profile or admin profile? Because you say that the pc has 4 accounts that has password protected as well as admin. I suggest you read:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/1...-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html

make sure that you read carefully instruction on both of the website. If you can try to obtain at least one admin account to do this fix. Have you try to boot in safe mode to delete the account?? I believe that maybe that the admin account that you want to access is corrupted. well good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-admin-account.986520/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi guys fairly new to win but I do remember quite fondly and everything else leading up to this leadbelly software Ok first and last bitch My son account access HELP!! admin Cant decided to give my mother his new then PC She has a slow dial up and in the transition of adding her as admin and deleting him the network failed long enough to HELP!! Cant access admin account not allow her admin status to take effect but oddly enough allowing him to be deleted as admin no big deal I thought clueless as to the throttling grip MS has added to to date I have tried everything to resolve this issue but foiled at every turn Problem is the YES button is never highlighted in every event to add an admin password I have followed pretty much most quot solutions quot only to be be mocked at the finish line with no YES button ANY assistance would be welcomed Thanks Rob By the by I have since bought the Princess Bride and myself laptops each with Win and was quite happy until I upgraded to and lost my desktop pic Bizarre goneski and after searching forever found the pix in some obscure folder not of my making What is this dark majic you dabble in Mister Gates

A:HELP!! Cant access admin account

Have you tried to turn on the built in Administrator account?

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

You can use this to then make a new Administrator type user.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/35097-help-cant-access-admin-account.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Can't access my admin account. Mistakenly replaced the standard and admin accounts. I tried creating an admin account with gmail adress. Didn't get any email on google account or a password for the account. Now I can't access it and I'm stuck with a standard account. Did anyone have the same/similar problem?

A:Can't access admin account on win 8.1

Hello Mario, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if you may be able to use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to enable the built-in Administrator account at boot. Afterwards, sign in to it to fix your account.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59414-cant-access-admin-account-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi, I've been given a works laptop windows 8 with a user account but need to make changes to settings at will,as the administrator is virtually impossible to get hold of. I was wondering if I managed to hack that account whether it would affect the overall company domain or just the pc.hope you can understand my explanation as I'm no cyber chimp.also is there a way to access admin status without being found out!!

A:Access to admin account on pc

If it's a works machine then no you're out of luck. IT have purposely limited the machine for a reason of security. If you do hack it they will know.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/access-admin-account-pc-4605090/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi Guys,

This is driving me crazy (again!) I am trying to fix my friends laptop as I believe possibly some malware is around. He has set himself up a a standard user which was not the smartest of moves. I cannot run any applications without UAC blocking my every move. When I try to open the command prompt (run) and run as administrator it asks me to contimue, "type an administrator password and then click OK". BUT BUT there is nowhere to type this password and indeed the last time I opened up the hidden admin account I was granted access in through ...no probs....this time nope!! I read somewhere that this could be a high level malware attack which takes control of UAC apart from this the PC "seem" to be operating ok.

Any ideas??

Many Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/215347-no-access-admin-account.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I forgot the password to my admin account, so I have to use the guest account. However, the guest account won't let me change or download things without the admin password. I've tried downloading software to get the password, but it won't let me. Please help, I can't afford to reboot my computer.

--James

Relevancy 94.17%

Omg my comp is so screwy First thing I noticed was that my help and support didn't work but i managed to reinstall some dll's and fixed it on Access Denied Admin Account! My system restore doesn't work It just says windows can not find lt link tree gt please type in name correctly and try again I could not fix that one Then I changed my SID with a SID generator to use a program Then after that my sister can not access her files in her account ne more It just said access denied as soon as she logs in Only recycle bin is on the desktop Wallpaper reverted to original All her icons on desktop is gone I tried accessing her account through my own whcih has full admin priviledges but i got denied btw i also get denied looking at d and e drives sometimes I tried making a new admin account but that one couldnt access my sisters account also Then I read somewhere I should go Access Denied on Admin Account! into safe mode and make a new admin account But when I tried I couldnt even load into safe mode My comp loaded a bunch of what I assumed to be files or processes or sumthing and then restarted saying it failed to load So now I had to load in normal mode and create an account here and type all this HELP ME I AM CRYING

Relevancy 94.17%

hope this is the right forum, apologize if it isn't.

I'm running xp sp2 on my laptop. I was having trouble getting Inet Explorer 7 to run ( I use Mozilla) so I created a new user account to see if it would work there. . I gave it admin privileges and a password. Now, my other admin account is gone and I can't access any admin files from my new account. I reviewed the forums and found this is a common problem but I couldn't find any resolution for my specific problem. Please help! I would hate to erase my hardrive and re-install windows! I have too many files that I'd hate to lose.

Relevancy 94.17%

Hi, hope someone can help me with this.

I switched on the Guest account and changed the account type to admin, then turned my only other account from admin to standard, then turned off guest account, i done this as i was told it is best to only use a standard account on a day to day basis, anyway i now cannot access the "manage another account" page, i get a popup with "To continue, type in an administrator password and then click yes" point is there is no password setup in either the guest account or the standard one, cannot do anything without that popup happening. I cannot access the guest account because it is switched off.

any advise is most welcome.

A:Can't Access Admin Account to make changes

See here:

User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7 - Sevenforums
How to Reset Your Forgotten Windows Password the Easy Way - How-To Geek
How to Reset Your Windows Password Without an Install CD - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/269456-cant-access-admin-account-make-changes.html
Relevancy 94.17%

i need help im tired of watching silent videos from youtube im pretty decent at looking up information fix account admin to can't driver access on the web but i couldnt provide this time so bare with me as this is my first time posting anything in any forum i have a computer that my download happy stepmom screwed up and crashed it worked great untill she went can't access admin account to fix driver crazy and spent - hours a day everyday on myspace and she evidently followed every lead from myspace to download something a total of about gb worth can't access admin account to fix driver of downloads and then it crashed when i was on vacation and because can't access admin account to fix driver she couldnt get off myspace for a week untill i got home she did a system recovery herself without any technical knowledge or experience and ever since then there has been no sound she had me try to fix it once but she had withdraws after about minutes and kicked me off to go download more crap she moved out and i finally have unrestricted time allowances four months later with no way of backing up all my music videos documents and almost legal programs i cant seem to log on to the admin account to replace the driver manually XP home legacy with downloaded SP and as for a list of programs way to extensive to list when i boot into safe mode the screen pops up with the user account and the admin account no password but when i click on the admin account it says quot loading personal settings quot and then thats it i have control of the mouse up untill a time several hours later but it never leaves that screen when i click on the user account the thing logs right in i figured since the user account has admin abilities i could delete the defective driver manually but it says i dont have rights to do that i dont know what to do next so whatever anyone can do to help thanks nbsp

A:can't access admin account to fix driver

can everybody say something even if they dont know anything that way this post stays at the top please im tired of watching silent youtube videos

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-admin-account-to-fix-driver.730029/
Relevancy 93.31%

We have a script that installs a program (Office 2007). It then imports some registry file settings. It imports HKLM and HKCU. We have noticed that if this is installed as a local admin, the settings seem to take if we scan the box as a local admin(we are running a security scan to determine this (the security scan checks multiple gpo's supposed to be set by the program/reg imports). If we scan as a domain admin, the system doesn't seem to show they are set. We believe we see the opposite if it's installed as a domain admin. For the domain scan they are set, for the local scan they are not. Does this have to do with how you can change registry entries as a domain admin versus local admin? The registry settings are imported with reg.exe import filename.reg like commands in the .bat script. Any ideas are helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpo-settings-reg-files-local-admin-versus-domain-admin.984826/
Relevancy 92.88%

Unable to change User Account Control settings in Windows 7

I am unable to access my User Account Setting in Windows 7 when I click on it nothing comes up , even though I'm logged in as an administrator. When I click on "Change User Account Control Settings", absolutely nothing happens.

I am not able to access cmd as a admin.I have only one account and that is my admin account.When I click on admin cmd it open but when I right click and try to access it as a administrator nothing comes up.

I am also not able to install any new software on to my computer it show a Pop-up window user account control do you really want to allow this file to make changed on your computer I say yes and nothing happens

Can anyone please help me with this Thanks!

A:I am not able to access User Account Control on win 7 Pro using admin.

Sounds like you have lost administrator rights.
Are you sure your password is correct?

Check and see if you can go to a restore point before this happened.
It might not let you do this either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/321132-i-am-not-able-access-user-account-control-win-7-pro-using-admin.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I recently had some problems with my desktop reconfiguring each time I logged in and rebuilding Access after problems account admin deleting all my files Nothing I found on online and fix this problem So this is the approach I took Created a temporary administrator account quot mine quot Deleted my account quot Robert quot Rebooted the machine to be doubly sure that all changes had taken effect Recreated my account quot Robert quot configured as administrator Deleted temporary account quot mine quot The This seemed to work I had a stable desktop Access problems after rebuilding admin account and I was able to reload all my data files from a backup Now we come to the situation that I Access problems after rebuilding admin account am hoping someone can help me with A lot of three files and folders on the system will not give me Access problems after rebuilding admin account an immediate access any longer as I have to use UAC This as affected my backup program SyncBackFree and all so free download manager There are now two user accounts that appear to be mirrored quot Robert quot amp quot Robert machinename quot the latter I have never seen before until now and there are no other users on the machine except for myself Can someone tell me how I can get it back to be able to the way it should do with out having to do a reinstall Thanks Robert

A:Access problems after rebuilding admin account

Try Take Ownership Shortcut.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306597-access-problems-after-rebuilding-admin-account.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I cannot find the solution to this anywhere for months now. I've had to do a clean reinstall of my win xp HE. My old user account has dissapeared from user accounts. its still in win explorer is "documents and settings" but every time i try to access it, it says access is denied. Also tried doing so in dos, and with other various programs. I've managed to get the files from within the folder using "getdataback for ntfs".
Would appreciate it if you could help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-a-user-account-in-admin-mode.328985/
Relevancy 92.88%

So I've been recently having issues with permissions or something related to it I first noticed it when I would always get this security prompt when attempting to open a shortcut to Teamspeak Now I'm just trying to install a program and Admin Denied account while using Access 5: Error it's saying that I don't have rights to the Local Temp folder Obviously the first Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account thing I checked what whether or not my account was still an administrator Check Then I made sure UAC was turned off Check Then I went ahead and attempted Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account to give myself Full Access permissions to the entire C drive Then I get these Access Denied errors using Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account this process and I have no idea why Which also says the same thing about Program Files It did allow me to take ownership of the drive s though Of course I attempted to Google the issue and tried many methods including several from these forums Error applying security http www sevenforums com tutorials rmissions html I don't know what else to try thus why I'm here Thanks

A:Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account

I was able to resolve the File Security prompt for opening shortcuts (i.e. Teamspeak 3) by enabling 'Launching applications and unsafe files' in Internet Options. BUT I'm still getting the permissions error and cannot give myself full access!

I've also noticed that there are about three updates that I cannot install. I'm sure this has to do with my permissions issue as well. If any of you are wondering my OS is installed on my primary SSD (C:\) which is one of the drives I'm trying to alter. The other drives seemed to work fairly OK with a few minor issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/273283-error-5-access-denied-while-using-admin-account.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I have two user accounts on Vista Home Pro.
One is a standard, limited user account (password protected) and the other is my admin account (obviously with admin privileges and password protected).

I am not sure when this started happening but I am unable to launch control panel under my admin account.
I get a pop-up of "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".
The title bar of this pop-up has "::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}"

What I can do is launch control panel from my standard/limited user account and, when prompted, enter the admin password.
Seems my Admin account has somehow become corrupted. If so how can I fix it?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Walter

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/123126-admin-account-cant-access-control-panel.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi Guys,

I bought this Laptop pre-installed with windows 8 couple of months ago. I created a new user with admin rights and was working fine. Then, I created new user (an invalid microsoft account) and assigned it admin rights. This account is like a junk account admin@admin.com and assigned admin rights. I never set any password for this. For some reason, I changed my original admin account to normal user. Now, I cant login using the invalid microsoft account and lost my admin rights to my laptop. Also, I dont have recovery cd created.

What options do I have to get back admin status?

A:Lost access to Admin account - urgent help pls

Download Hiren's BootCD 15.2 - All in one Bootable CD ? www.hiren.info , burn it to CD/USB, change BIOS to boot from it then use
Offline NT Password Changer 2011-05-11

Please report back if this solves your problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/21745-lost-access-admin-account-urgent-help-pls.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I've posted about this the other day, and I now have reason to believe that a virus is part of the problem. I have an admin account, and every other account on my computer is an admin account, yet none of them can access MSCONFIG, or install stuff. I get registry errors when I try to install, but I can still access REGEDIT.

Anyone had this problem and knows how to fix it (short of re-formatting)?

Relevancy 92.88%

I am trying to delete two folders inside Acrobat reader. The files are named Identity H and Identity V. I checked the properties and the Admin acct does not have rights to delete the files. I shows me that only the group system. I wanted to know what should I do.

A:Admin account will not delete files

Take ownership of the folders, then delete them..

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/63847-admin-account-will-not-delete-files.html
Relevancy 92.88%

In an non-admin account, I cannot play .avi files. Switching users work, but i prefer using a limited users account because to give me many security advantages. Anyway to fix this?

A:I Cannot Play .avi Files In A Non-admin Account

Not an expert on this, but can you tell me what happens when you play the avi file on a limited account? Like, an error occurs, nothing happens, etc.?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136060/i-cannot-play-avi-files-in-a-non-admin-account/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have two Windows VMs, one Windows 7 and the other Windows 8. On both machines there is an account with administrative rights. On the Windows 7 VM if I run a DOS cmd window it is run with with administrative rights. However, on the Windows 8 VM the DOS cmd window has NO administrative rights.

Has anything changed between Windiws 7 and 8 in this respect?

Thanks

A:DOS Cmd run with admin rights if run from admin account?

Hello ndean, and welcome to Eight Forums.

It's the same in Windows 8.

Elevated Command Prompt - Open in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9968-dos-cmd-run-admin-rights-if-run-admin-account.html
Relevancy 92.45%

been about week i kept trying to get firefox to download onto my pc. But when i get it to download after that done.i go to run the installer a pop says i need to have admin rights when im on a admin account. im running win 7 64bit . i have a image of the screen that requires me to have admin rights.

A:need admin permission on a admin account

Try to create new user with admin rights and see, if same issue happens there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375907/need-admin-permission-on-a-admin-account/
Relevancy 92.45%

So here is an interesting problem I ran into after working on the family computer (I was away at college and just got back for break).

After removing all the viruses, I was left with a computer where both the main user account and the Admin account did not have Admin rights. I can log into the Administrator account, but I cannot do even the most simplest of things, such as open Control Panel. So, I am at a loss to fix this. So simply enough, how does one restore administrative rights to the admin account when it has lost them.

Info:
Windows XP Home SP2
Control Panel, and many related functions, along side with such things as leftclick->properties on My Computer do not work (It says privilege removed, contact admin).
Even the Help will not open.

A:Admin rights for Admin account?

Please download Trend Micro's HJTInstall.exe to your Windows Desktop.

Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe . The application will install by default to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
Click on the Install button. A shortcut icon will be created on your Windows Desktop.
When the installation finishes, the HijackThis application will launch.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. When the scan is complete, a log file should open in notepad.
On the notepad document, click Edit>Select All>Edit>Copy and then paste the contents of the log file into your next reply to this thread.

>>Please-Do Not use the Analyze This button-the results can be dangerous if misinterpreted.
>>Please-Do Not have HijackThis 'fix' anything yet. Most of what if finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-for-admin-account.654522/
Relevancy 92.02%

I have Windows 7 Home x32 on a laptop and I want to make a admin account and hide it from the user screen, I not only want to hide it but I want to be able to "load it" from the log on screen if I want (no CMD commands on the user accounts to use it) is this possible with 7?

Before on XP I had a hidden admin account and all I had to do was CTRL+ALT+DELETE and it would bring up my account, with windows 7 it doesn't seem to work this way. Now to be 100% clear, I don't want the default admin account (for trouble shooting) all I want is a second admin account that if needed can access user accounts on my laptop from the log-on screen by hitting some combination of keys.

Thank you.

A:Windows 7 Home Admin Account Hidden Access

I found this on another site. I also checked three other Internet references and they pointed to the following. It seems this may help you. However someone with more experience may have some other suggestions. Please read the following:

In order to hide a user account (which also means create a hidden user account) in Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7, just go to Control Panel User module and create an additional user as usually do (Control Panel -> User Accounts and -> User Accounts in Windows 7 and Windows Vista). If you already have an existing user that wants to be made hidden, invisible or disappeared from Welcome Screen, then go straight to guide below.Run (RegEdit.exe).
Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

Note: If SpecialAccounts and UserList is not found, create new sub-key and name them accordingly.
Select UserList, and in the right pane, right click on any blank space, and point to New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
Name the new DWORD registry as the exact same name that match the name of the user account to be hidden. For example, if the user ID of the user account is John, the name the registry value as John.
Double click on DWORD , and set the value data to 0 in oder to hide the account from Welcome Screen. Tip: To display the user account on Welcome Screen again so that it’s visible again, delete the registry entry, or set the value data to 1.
Exit Registry Editor.
Log off or restart computer to make the change effective.
Tip: In order to login into Windows using an user account that has made hidden and invisible, just press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up Windows Logon dialog, and then type in the user name and password manually.

Hope this is what you were asking about.

Still Learning, Learning Still.

Curtis

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277815-windows-7-home-admin-account-hidden-access.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I have several PCs that only have one user account (Admin). The user of the PC has used this Admin account for some time and over time accumulated docs, pics, browser settings, desktop configurations, etc...

I want to add a standard user account and have everything transfer to the user account from the Admin account they were using such as docs, pics, browser settings, desktop configuration, etc...

Basically what I'm wanting to do is have the user sign in with the standard account and see and access their stuff as normal as if nothing changed other than they now cannot utilize the admin account (no downloading, altering, installing software, etc...
Not sure what to call this type of action so searching for the procedure has been difficult. Not sure if the action necessary is universal between Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 which are the 3 OS I have between the 3 PCs. Any guidance in achieving this task would be great.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401546-sign-standard-account-see-access-admin-stuff.html
Relevancy 92.02%

This is the problem I've been dealing with for quite a while. When I try to find a program that resets the password (I used the Password Reset Disk from another computer, didn't work.) I always get a message that I need the administrator password.

So... Help?

Relevancy 92.02%

I'm going to let a technician have my Windows 7 64bit PC in order to do clone the HDD to a SSD and then replace the HDD with the SSD. I think the techn wants an admin level account. I am concerned that (s)he not gain access to confidential files etc that would be available to me were I logged in. Is there a way to let the tech have admin access (s)he wants w/o having to be concerned about the privacy of the info on it? Can you create an admin level account which deprives its user from gaining access to files on a certain directory under c:\users

A:granting another user access to an account with 'admin' privileges

Acerman why don't you clone the drive yourself it is really not that hard with Macrium Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

See my pic it shows the process but remember the drive you clone to has to be as large or larger than the drive you are cloning from.

There is a way of dragging and dropping the partitions into a smaller drive but it is not reliable enough for me.

The alternative is to image your drive slip a new one in - install the system using this
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 and then use the image to get back your data. As you seem to be concerned that you have data that you do not want to be copied or whatever. That is so easy if you know how and I can and I am not a techie so the shop bloke would be more than capable of doing that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346184-granting-another-user-access-account-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 92.02%

So my 10 year old nephew managed to enable some sort of password for logging into his account on his Vista premium 32 bit HP.

He's cooperative in letting his parents check his usage, they'd just assume his account not be password protected, and turned his comp over to me to correct this.

My questions are:

A. How do I know if this account he's is in is the administrator account.

B. If so, how do I get him out of it and give him a regular user account.

C. Is it possible to make this regular user account child protected irt adult content in a way his parents can control, but still allowing him a degree of admin privs. for enabling/downloading software since he is the primary user?

I've tried looking this up on my own, but the whole admin. account thing can be a bit confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Questions about Admin. account, access for children, parents, etc.

Also, while you're in the account you can convert it to a standard user account.
Use Parental Controls to modify his permissions.

FYI - we will not assist with defeating passwords, so any questions about that will not be answered here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204466/questions-about-admin-account-access-for-children-parents-etc/
Relevancy 92.02%

Under Win I set up an additional user account named quot admin quot which is member of the user group quot Administrators quot The predefined account quot Administrator quot is disabled I did this on all four PC's in my home network All PC's are using Windows pro except one which is already upgraded to Windows pro All PC's are members of a work group On one PC I set up some shares which can be accessed by all users for reading very easy because all accounts exist on each PC and the passwords for the accounts are the same on each PC What shares Admin Access account not Administrator does to using instead work now happens or Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work better to say not happens is the following A normal user on a PC can access the shares on the Win PC providing the shares without any problems The user quot admin quot can not access The error message tells me that the account is not enabled This happens on the Windows PC and on one Windows PC It works without Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work any problems from the Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work third PC When I enabled the account quot Administrator quot on the Win PC providing the shares it works It seems that Windows uses the wrong credentials to connect to the share It is confusing that it occurs only on two of three PC's If someone could help I would be grateful

A:Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work

Hi Biker, 
Thank you for your question. 
For troubleshooting, we could do the following steps: 

Configure the share file on other PC, then use this account which has admin permission to check if the issue persistDelete this account profile on two PCs which share didn?t work, then rebuild the Windows profile to check if the issue persistTurn off Windows firewall on two PCs to check if the issue persist 
If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know. 
Best Regard, 
Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4364011b-a200-4a31-aa94-e916c7eeb23a/access-to-shares-using-account-admin-instead-administrator-does-not-work?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 92.02%

I am only user on this computer and heard about the hidden Admin account for Windows 8. I logged into it, but all stuff from normal account such as documents and program shortcuts were missing. Is there any way I can transfer the Admin full access rights to my primary user account? Please help and thanks

A:Hidden Admin Account Access Transfer to User...

Hello Skeet, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Just to note, that while signed in to the built-in elevated "Administrator" account, Store apps will not work.

Your other files are not missing, but just in the other account's "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder instead. Since the built-in Administrator is a separate account, it will have it's own "C:\Uses\Administrator" folder and settings.

If you like you could just include the other account's folders into the Administrator's libraries.
Library - Add a Folder to in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/21934-hidden-admin-account-access-transfer-user.html
Relevancy 92.02%

It's a long story, but is there a way on Windows 7 to lock system files and/or system drivers WITHOUT having to remove administrative privileges from user accounts? I'm needing to lock access to specific system files and drivers while still maintaining the Admin status of a different user account.
Thanks for any help with this...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lock-down-access-to-a-sytem-file-from-another-admin-account.1110211/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi,

I have Windows 8 on an HP Envy. Please note that I am technologically challenged. A technician had to create a local admin account on my computer to connect to a Xerox printer (it would not recognized my Microsoft Admin account). The technician was able to activate and access the local admin account without switching out of my main admin Microsoft account. I cannot remember the steps: How do I do that? The only option I find is to switch accounts but I only want to access the local account through my regular account. Please help. Thanks. SH

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47466-how-access-local-account-w-o-switching-admin-accnt.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello I have encountered a rather odd problem that didn't turn up in forum search System Win Home Premium -bit fresh install updates with AVG Free and Google Chrome as only other installs I have had users both with admin rights One was my 'main' user that I was using just to learn Win and surf a l'il The other was completely new Created logged into back off then not touched again For the first few days had no problems and was really liking Win However today after logging off main user I had just run a full clean scan with AVG btw and switching to the fresh one IMMEDIATELY after entering my log-in password I received a UAC prompt telling me that denied Account(admin access log-in upon IMMEDIATELY all rights) this user does not have access to this folder The background was replaced with a black screen the taskbar icons were replaced with the standard quot new file quot icon and did not function no surprise there I opened Windows Explorer using quot Start gt Computer quot Account(admin rights) denied all access IMMEDIATELY upon log-in and again was immediately told I had no access Gave myself permission and attempted to investigate I could not view open any folder without giving myself permission first Having no success determining the problem I decided to simply log off and delete this account Performed a full delete folders and all Then I created a new account with admin rights Logged into it without incident Logged back onto main user and opened Windows Explorer The user folder from the original nd account remained and I was denied when trying to delete Probing into it I found a Windows Media Player database file under User AppData Local Microsoft Media Player I was told this file was in use by another program and I could not delete it I did not have any programs other than Explorer running on any user at the time I remembered that I had tried to open a stock music file in Explorer under the main account earlier WMP had opened and started its quot First Use quot spiel I had chosen custom settings then I believe that I had closed WMP after the file extension association dialog opened without confirming the associations as I did not want to use WMP for anything At this point I had continued doing other things without problem Eventually when I switched users this whole mess started Remembering the WMP stuff I again opened a stock music file still on main account WMP ran its setup routine again and I allowed it to associate and run I closed WMP browsed to the old user folder in Explorer and deleted it without problem I have tried unsuccessfully to replicate this event by creating new test users and shortcutting the WMP quot First Use quot setup again on each of them So I cannot be certain that this is what caused my problem nor that it will not happen again Any ideas Deeply Appreciative Win BlankUser

A:Account(admin rights) denied all access IMMEDIATELY upon log-in

Does Safe Mode function normally?
That is to say if you boot in safe mode are you able to perform basic functions and use the system to some extent?

If this is not a registry or av/security related problem the easiest fix would likely be SFC
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Some more specific detail of the nature of the problem and less of what you have done may be of assistance too.
If this is a problem with admin priveldges you are honestly probably better off doing a repair install
Repair Install
Than digging around trying to find the one setting responsible for the problem.
Component services and other various admin tools can get down right annoying to work with and can cause further problems if the least bit thing is set wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192398-account-admin-rights-denied-all-access-immediately-upon-log.html
Relevancy 92.02%

OK I have a problem here that is driving me utterly insane I've recently had a problem with another computer in the household being used by another user I don't know how exactly he accomplished this but this user has apparently created another admin account on the computer which he then deleted via Administrative Tools gt Computer Management gt Local Users and Groups The problem is there are folders and files that apparently belonged to the deceased account that can not be removed - I am given an quot Access Denied quot message whenever I try to view the folder in question I don't know terribly much about this and he seems to be as incognizant of what exactly he has accomplished I need to find some way to remove all these folders belonging to the extinct administrator account The aforementioned user who caused all of this has suggested formatting the hard drive completely the practicality and merit of which I doubt particularly since a reinstall of Windows will invalidate the license

A:Inaccessible files from deleted admin account

Why would a re-install invalidate the license?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inaccessible-files-from-deleted-admin-account-245885.html
Relevancy 92.02%

OK I have a problem here that is driving me utterly insane I ve recently had a problem with another admin Inaccessible deleted from files account computer in the household being used by another user I don t know how exactly he accomplished this but this user has apparently created another admin account on the computer which he then deleted via Administrative Tools gt Computer Inaccessible files from deleted admin account Management gt Local Users and Groups The problem is there are folders and files that apparently belonged to the deceased account that can not be removed - I am given an quot Access Denied quot message whenever I try to view the folder in question I don t know terribly much about this and he seems to be as incognizant of what exactly he has accomplished I need to find some way to remove all these folders belonging to the extinct administrator account The aforementioned user who caused all of this has suggested formatting the hard drive completely the practicality and merit of which I doubt particularly since a reinstall of Windows will invalidate the license nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

Hello all, new user here.

I've had this problem happen to me before and I fixed it the first time. But I just can't seem to remember what to look for now or how to fix it so hopefully you guys can help.

I had to restart my computer to more or less refresh it because it was running slow after being on for a while. But instead of restarting normally, chkdsk ran and then when Windows came up, I had lost some of my previous files and settings and I have forgotten how to get them restored.

I'm running WinXP Pro 2002. Thanks for the help in advance!

A:Missing Admin Account Files/settings

Did you try running chkdsk /f /r - the switches will attempt to repair the issues that chkdsk found. My concern is that, if this is a "regular" thing, then there's something wrong deeper in the PC, and that you may eventually end up losing this data/files/settings permanently.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102656/missing-admin-account-filessettings/
Relevancy 91.59%

I've been trying to remove all my sims 3 games cause they aren't working they are saying version 0.0.0.0 but my computer tells me i have insufficient access please contact system administrator, I'm the only one that uses this computer and I am the administrator Ive been trying to uninstall it for weeks now and have tried force uninstall programs as well can anyone please help me?

A:cant uninstall programs says need admin access but i am the admin

Did you try the free version of Revo Uninstaller?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-uninstall-programs-says-need-admin-access-but-i-am-the-admin-701354.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a problem with my Administrator Accounts in that I cannot access the below although I CAN access them from a Standard User Account???

1 When I try to start Windows Update (START / ALL PROGRAMS / WINDOWS UPDATE)
I get the following: Application not found

2 When I wish to access ANYTHING from the Control Panel (START / CONTROL PANEL / anything in Control Panel) or try to access START / DEVICES AND PRINTERS I get the following: a long string of numbers

3 When I try to get to Default Programs (START / DEFAULT PROGRAMS) I get the following: another long string of numbers.

Did try to attach screen shots but didn't work.

I can however access everything from a STANDARD USER account????

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate N

I would appreciate any assistance as the only assistance on the web is of no use as I have tried the limited suggestions without success and am totally at a loss now!

Thanks

A:Admin Account Cannot Access Contol Panel or Windows Update

Try this: Set Program Access and Computer Defaults - Enable or Disable

Have you attempted a AV scan?

Hope this helps,

Harry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255025-admin-account-cannot-access-contol-panel-windows-update.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Please help! A little info to get this issue resolved: using an administrator account, Windows 7, 64Bit. Approx. 6 laptops connected together with a RAID and printer that needs sharing capabilites, no internet connectivity allowed. When I select the printer
properties or any part of this printer I get an "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000005). Access denied". I have tried to become the owner and again I get an error message. I am not able to remove device ether. Please let me know if there is any
other information that I need to add to get some help with this issue. i cant find much help online.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/274ed1b4-a704-4f53-97ba-2773f02b6c7a/error-0x00000005-access-is-denied-for-printer-using-admin-account?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 91.16%

I have been having several problems, but I believe they all have one root cause: Windows will not grant me full permissions on my main HDD (C). Problems I notice:

1) See attachment
2) Steam makes me use my username/password every time even if I check 'Log Me In Automatically'
3) Desktop Background always resets to default blue+windows logo whenever I boot my system.
4) Some programs have issues writing to the C drive, in particular C:/Program Files and C:/Program Files (x86)

I apologize in advance if I do not provide ample information. If more is needed to correctly diagnose this issue, I will be actively checking this thread today and tomorrow.

A:Primary drive got giving full access to my account, which is set admin

The writes to folders under Program Files and variants will be blocked. If you have scripts and other utilities that use the location of the exe as the place to write .ini or other data files, as many of mine do, you can get around it by "installing" them in a folder directly under C:. I put all my scripts and small utilities in C:\Utils but you can create any folder name.

The other items such as wallpaper or splash screens, perhaps someone into customization has run into and may have suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307258-primary-drive-got-giving-full-access-my-account-set-admin.html
Relevancy 91.16%

In my corporate pc I have the admin password and the admin account, but i have to work with my user id, I have changed it to the administrators group, but i can't see the full control panel.
Help please!

A:Admin group account can't access full control panel

Open Control panel then Rest your curser on the right facing black arrow head next to the words Control Panel in address bar and you will see a choice of views.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268470-admin-group-account-cant-access-full-control-panel.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I m using Windows XP Professional I am not able to log back into my Administrator account I m stuck in a limited user account and though my Administrator account is set w o a password I still even Admin account problem?) Safe in (TweakUI Mode access Can't the can t login even through my computer s Safe Mode which is was the Dell service person suggested This problem occurred yesterday while I was trying to eliminate the login screen from my computer s startup Initially I used a tip from Annoyances org by entering quot control userpasswords quot in the Run menu and turning off the quot Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer quot option It didn t work so I tried the second solution that Annoyances Can't access Admin account even in Safe Mode (TweakUI the problem?) org listed I installed TweakUI opened it expanded the quot Logon quot branch clicked quot Autologon quot and then turned on the quot Log on automatically Can't access Admin account even in Safe Mode (TweakUI the problem?) at the system startup quot option At some point in this process I also created a new user account but realized later that it was only a limited account This may or may not have to do with the problem I also may have deleted another account from the computer that had Admin capabilities But as of now I am stuck in this limited non-Admin account because it s the only account that has a password When I try to log into my Administrator account w o a password as I ve always done I get this error quot The system could not log you on Make sure your User name and domain are correct then type your password again Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case quot which is the same error I get when I try the same thing in Safe Mode One noticeable thing that has changed is that the login screen shows two fields for logging in User name and Password Before I started this process it showed icons for each account which I clicked to access the accounts I believe that it was a combination of the things above that set my computer to not accept my Administrator account w o a password Perhaps the quot control userpasswords quot command or perhaps the TweakUI setting I have tried uninstalling TweakUI and seem to have succeeded but it hasn t helped Unfortunately now that I am kicked out of my Administrator account or any account w Administrator capabilities I no longer have access to the quot control userpasswords quot prompt and cannot reinstall TweakUI I also have no access to the System Restore Ugh Thanks a million for reading and for any suggestions nbsp

A:Can't access Admin account even in Safe Mode (TweakUI the problem?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-admin-account-even-in-safe-mode-tweakui-the-problem.668056/
Relevancy 91.16%

I accidentally changed the restrictions in gpedit.msc to enable listed files. when I restart my computer the admin cannot also open any .exe files. Error says ?This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.?

I still open some files like firefox, notepad, wordpad but not the command prompt, .bat files, registry and .msc..
I try to run it in safe mode but i cannot access it.
Is there any way to reset the gpedit to default by deleting some files in folder?

Please help

A:Can't open .exe, regedit and .misc files in admin account

Hello px01,

You could use Option One in the tutorial below to completely reset group policy back to default using a .vbs file.

Local Group Policy - Reset to Default

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295939-cant-open-exe-regedit-misc-files-admin-account.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I did the following; tried to fix my user account because of network problems, so I created a new administrator account. I used this account to delete my admin user account. I thought only the files relative to the account profile would be deleted. Disaster! all my files were deleted, Word, Excel, outlook, desktop items, emails, everything. I downloaded PC Inspector to try and recover and cannot find anything. Can anybody help? Years of work and records gone!

A:Deleded admin user account - lost all files!

Try this program, it is free. http://www.recuva.com/
Also, didn't you ever backup your system. Get a portable hard drive and do monthly backups on it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/deleded-admin-user-account-lost-all-files-388520.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Sitting here in class and our professor was telling us admin it disabled by default in Vista/W7 now for security reasons. I mentioned you can access it from a command prompt based program that comes in a bootable iso format you burn on disc.

I can not for the life of me remember what the name of that program was but a couple years ago I was working on a Win Vista system that got a virus that locked out the user by changing the user account passwords.

We Googled, found this program you burn on a CD and it brings up a menu that will allow you to reset the user account password, or log into the admin account.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Trying to find the name of it. Can't seem to find it now.
Thanks!

A:Bootable disc to access Vista/W7 Admin account or reset password.

Security hack discussions are not allowed on the forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/159312-bootable-disc-access-vista-w7-admin-account-reset-password.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi, I need help:

1. I log into a normal user account.

2. I double click to access a restricted folder.
(Restricted folder means: In administrator account, I made this folder restricted to other users. Right
Click/Properties/Security tab)

3. A message came up:
You don't currently have permission to
access this folder.
Click Continue to permanently get access
to this folder.

4. After I click Continue a message came up:
You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use
the Security tab.
But I want Windows to ask my admin password to access that folder.

I have done this job before, and it worked fine but I forgot how did I do...
Thanks for helping me.