Windows Support Forum

Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use

Q: Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use

Hi nbsp We have few laptops windows pro for sales rep and Offline file enable to sync their documents which are on SBS server nbsp I don't know why it try to sync some other users My video My music etc files and error says quot access denied quot or ldquo The Process cannot access the file because it is being used by in with denied or access and to user sync sync failed try and already files use files Offline other folder file another process Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use rdquo nbsp we have tried many times and confirm there's no one using those files but still same error nbsp I found this article on forumbut not sure how much this valid to SBS and if it's known issue why not there's fix patch yet from Microsoft On the server I had to ADD this reg entry and set it to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services MRXSmb Parameters OplocksDisabled REG DWORD or Default not disabled And then Changed this entry to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services LanmanServer Parameters EnableOplocks REG DWORD or Default enabled Regards ayaz

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use

Hi Scott
I found the problem and use following method to fix it
1) Check SBS group policy
2) Check permission on CSC folders (I delete all folder under this folder and check permission on this folder)
3) Reinitialize Cache database, there are different method but i use following
http://www.networknet.nl/apps/wp/archives/1093
And finally restart PC
Regards
ayaz

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab222cb3-4e4f-474b-b853-308a3e81112c/offline-file-sync-try-to-sync-other-user-files-and-folder-and-failed-with-access-denied-or-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 124.31%

Hi, seems like my case is quite different..offline status = offline (need to sync), i try to sync again but getting error = "access is denied"

A:failed to sync offline file - access denied

Hi, recently i facing an issue with Windows sync center. seems like my files was unable to sync to server and the status of the offline = offline (need to sync), all this file still store in CSC folder which i dont have permission to access. please advise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357694-failed-sync-offline-file-access-denied.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Hi All,

At my work a colleague has purchased 3 x ASUS Transformer Books, each of which is loaded with Windows 10 Home edition.

I need to access a file share using each of these Ultrabooks and ideally perform a sync using the offline files feature.*

Does Home edition support connecting to a Domain based file share with the ability to sync data (offline) on the said share?

If this isn't possible what are my options for syncing domain based files with a Home edition of Windows?

Kind Regards,

Davo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/using-w10-home-edition-to-access-a-domain-based-file-share-and-sync-files-offline-1155530.html
Relevancy 104.16%

Our users "my documents" folders are set up for redirection to \\ourserver\users

We have an XP based machine ( machine X ) that was used by person A, each time they logged off it synchronized as expected.

However machine X is now used by another user B.

Whenever user B logs off user A's offline files still keep synchronising, have deleted all the files from the offline folder I still cannot see a way of stopping user A's files and starting the new user B's files sync.

User A's files were accounting type files and are sensitive files that should not be viewed by others, however by still sync to the offline files folder they can be easily viewed.

Any thoughts as how I can stop this and re-direct the new users files to sync as I need to release this pc for general use.

Cheers.

A:Offline files / folder sync

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307853

You need to unmark the old users' folders for offline use, apply, reboot and make sure that the machine can see the domain and be made happy on that front, log in as the new user and then mark those new folders for offline use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-folder-sync.910752/
Relevancy 94.86%

We have to Center Unable shares and inclusion file - Files types from Offline Sync remove an issue where Offline Files is synchronising files in Shares B C D We only want synchronisation to occur in Share A Home To date we have tried the following Reformatting the Offline Files database Selecting the option to NOT cache on the share's properties on our File server Added Shares B C D to GPOM as destinations drive letters to not include in Offline Folders rule Added pst extension to the GPOM as a file type to not include in Offline Folders rule Turned off the Slow Link option in GPOM Despite all of these settings being active there are Offline Files - Unable to remove shares and file types from Sync Center inclusion files in B C and D that are still being made available offline After the database is reset and Sync Center is allowed to resync Share A it automatically syncs the exact same files that we do not want So this must be stored in a list associated to a particular user somewhere but we have no idea where to find it we have looked in AppData for multiple users but cannot find what we hope to see in terms of settings for Sync Center or Offline Files I should note that the files in Share B C and D appear to have been accessed in the past where perhaps there once was a Slow Link detected but now Sync Center is constantly including those files for any particular user Example I may have accessed files and during a Slow Link being detected and they always now become available offline for me user accessed files and and so those files for that user are now always being made available We have tried removing the local profile accounts nbsp from the computers but the issue will still persist and the issue will follow users from computer to computer so this list of files that Sync Center is references for offline availability must be stored on the network somewhere I suspect that now the new rules in GPOM are set the issue can finally be resolved by deleting the list of files that Sync Center references for offline availability but does anyone here know where that file would be and what it is called HINT It nbsp isn't on the local computer as we have rebuilt a few Many thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e9be2951-af87-4f4a-90dc-bc9b9e37ecab/offline-files-unable-to-remove-shares-and-file-types-from-sync-center-inclusion?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 92.07%

Hi All I am using offline file amp folder Sync option to my Document on Network drive It works fine as Windows automatically sync the offline files on which I work while I am away from the network or not connected However when I create a new file in offline mode and connect my laptop with network the file created in offline mode disappeared deleted I have gone through with blogs and dox to understand that Anytime you sync it update the file with the latest version nbsp on network folder If it is the case then how can I Sync the files I create when working offline nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp File Offline Sync and Folder nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Sarwar

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d300d960-de30-4b73-862d-5906a4a8b104/offline-file-and-folder-sync?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 90.21%

I have a 2003 SBS server and several users all on Windows 7.

One of the users just got a new Sony laptop with Windows 7 Pro, his existing laptop was also Windows 7 Pro.

I am trying to make same file share available offline again and the files sync with no errors in sync center. But when the user goes offline all the files have a red X and the files are partially transparent.
All the KB's and threads I can find involved people getting access denied errors, but I'm getting no sync errors.

Any ideas?
I tried formatting the offline files database earlier and I made a dozen files available offline. No errors but again red x's when he went offline.

A:Offline files sync but all have a red X

Have you seen this? Especially The OP's second post: Sync Center Problem with Offline Files

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224820-offline-files-sync-but-all-have-red-x.html
Relevancy 89.28%

Just wondering if there are any suggestions regarding a sync problem I am having. Up till now, I have been able to do seamless sync between my laptop (Vista ultimate) and my desktop (vista home). Recently it has stopped working, except where I sync individual files.
e.g. if I create a file offline on the laptop, I get a sync error when I reconnect to the network. It says "assertion failure" in sync centre. Same happens when I select the folder and manually press sync. However, if I rightclick the file and press sync, it syncs fine. This happens even where this is the only file in the folder, which suggests that there is something different between folder permissions and file permissions. However, haven't made any changes to permissions etc. recently and all file permissions are inherited from the parent folder anyway.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/163222-sync-problem-offline-files.html
Relevancy 88.35%

I have several windows 7 computers networked on a LAN without a server - just workgroups. I do use one computer to "serve" shared folders though. I use Offline Files to keep files on a wireless laptop synchronised with the "server" and centralise all backup activities on the "server". I want to enable Background Sync and Transparent Caching for a more stable setup although these options appear to only be available to domains. Is there any way I can enable these options without setting up a full server and domain? Thanks

A:Offline Files Background Sync without domain

Why not use Windows Live Mesh (without syncing to the cloud storage portion)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172866-offline-files-background-sync-without-domain.html
Relevancy 88.35%

Hi nbsp I've got a laptop user with a Windows x Pro I've defined a folder on our R file server for his use as the primary storage location on the user's machine I've mapped the network location to a drive of his work files I then went ahead and marked that folder as 'Always available offline' and made sure that the first sync was completed I've created a sync schedule through the Sync Center Over time the size grew to be around GB of small files mostly documents and presentations The problem While running the sync an error occurs access is denied on one of the inner folders It seems that once the error is encountered the entire sync Files: stopped first Offline after error sync is halted The affected Offline Files: sync stopped after first error folder does not have explicit permissions I've checked both locally and on the file server and is inheriting the rest of the NTFS permissions from the root Offline Files: sync stopped after first error folder The folder can be accessed from the file explorer of the user's machine Moreover when I enter the Properties of the folder switching to the 'Offline Files' tab and click 'Sync Now '' the sync continues as expected The question What is the expected behavior Should the sync process stop once an error is encountered If so Offline Files: sync stopped after first error what can be the cause of the 'Access Denied'

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d31d09a-0dc5-48a1-b615-501b72dd153f/offline-files-sync-stopped-after-first-error?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 88.35%

It reads as though it does:

Quote:
The Windows 7 Offline Files feature allows you to keep on your computer, copies of files normally stored on the network. When you select a network file or folder to make available offline, Windows automatically creates a copy of that file or folder on your computer.
Anytime you reconnect to that network folder, Windows syncs the files with those in the network folder. You can also sync them manually at any time.

So my question is: If you put the exact same files on two network computers with Offline Files turned on, will they sync when you open a file? Or does one have to be a file server for it to work?

A:Does Offline Files sync between network computers?

Hello Greg,

In this case with 3 networked computers, the two separate network computers (ex: A & B) would only sync with the source network computer (ex: C) of the offline files, and not each other directly. They (A & B) would evently be synced though since the are both syncing with C.

Sync Offline Files

Hope this helps some.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118582-does-offline-files-sync-between-network-computers.html
Relevancy 88.35%

I believe I have searched the history of Sync Center issues enough that this is an issue that has not yet Cannot from Remove Sync Files Offline Center been addressed nbsp If so please point me to the proper article nbsp Thanks I was making folders available for offline use in my Win Ultimate edition nbsp We are in the process Cannot Remove Offline Files from Sync Center of moving Cannot Remove Offline Files from Sync Center to NAS servers with new network names and I know syncing with NAS servers is not working correctly right now So I have unchecked all the folders to make then unavailable for offline nbsp I have also gone to quot Manage Offline Files quot and tried deleting all offline files for the network drive nbsp However there is one Network Drive that I cannot get to delete no matter what I try nbsp I have tried Deleting Offline Copy for the drive which it says is successful but the network drive and a folder hierarchy remain when I view Offline Files nbsp Also when I view this folder path in Windows Explorer it gives a status of quot Offline Availability Available quot nbsp I find this odd since the Make Available Offline box is not set for any of the files or folders in this path nbsp Also this message seems odd to me since the only valid messages I have found for this status are quot Always Available quot or quot Not Available quot I have also tried making all of these files and folders available offline again and removed and deleted but I still have the same problem nbsp I have also tried the registry key to reset the cache for offline files and that did not work either Please help me get rid of this because it is driving me nuts Thanks

A:Cannot Remove Offline Files from Sync Center

Had the same problem few months back . In the end had to reinitialize the offline files cache all together:

Open up registry editor (WARNING: Only for Advanced Users)
Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc
Add a new key (folder) called Parameters
Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc\Parameters, add a new DWORD called FormatDatabase and set its value to 1

You will need to reboot the PC afterwards.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9ce9195f-0aea-4019-84e5-13bd01e36b19/cannot-remove-offline-files-from-sync-center?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 88.35%

I can't seem to figure out this issue Hopefully someone can My boss uses three computers all running Windows SP Professional Her My Docs are redirected to a server share and copied locally for offline use via Offline Files Center with Sync Problem Offline Files She often tells me that she thinks she is missing files and folders at any given point using any one of the three computers there's no pattern Now when I check any of these computers I see the little red X over the Sync Center icon I'll manually run a sync yet it fails each time on several old files I can verify Sync Center Problem with Offline Files the files are present on each computer and the Sync Center Problem with Offline Files server but yet it seems the Sync process doesn't agree It also halts the sync so no further files are sent How can I fix this First why doesn't the sync continue after an error and on a single file Why would she be getting errors on a file that exists and is identical The error is always quot the specified network name is no longer available quot I can restart the sync and it will Sync Center Problem with Offline Files fail on two more random older files The server is question is a plan fiel server running Windows R She is using the very same domain account on all three systems and has local admin rights to all three system

A:Sync Center Problem with Offline Files

So far, I found a KB article that seems to describe my exact issue. I requested the hotfix and applied it to one of the systems for now.

Offline files synchronization may not finish on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211936-sync-center-problem-offline-files.html
Relevancy 87.42%

Hi,
I have a problem with the offline folder sync. It always says that I have files changed on both location even if both files are identical - both size and time stamp. The files has not even changes for month or years
Have anyone had the same problem, and been able to solve it?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0beaa807-1a20-46de-9caf-de8e58bdd7aa/error-sync-offline-folders-files-identical?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 87.42%

So this is what I m trying to do I have a laptop that I mostly use it s running Windows I m trying to Problems Windows Files Sync Offline Center set up my iPod so it will connect to it instead of my desktop which is what it currently does but all of my Music is on an external hard drive that is connected to the desktop I just got a new router a Belkin Work Windows Sync Center Offline Files Problems amp Play It comes with a USB port on the back to connect external hard drives to So I decided to instead of having to plug my external hard drive into the laptop every time I wanted to access my music I would hook up the hard drive up to the router and then make the files be available offline on my hard drive This way my girlfriend could also access the music from her laptop The only problem is that I can t get the files to be available offline I tried to right click on them and say quot always available offline quot when I did this sync center would open and try to sync them but every single file would cause a sync error because quot The process could not be completed because the file was in use by Windows Sync Center Offline Files Problems another process quot I cannot for the life of me figure out Windows Sync Center Offline Files Problems how to fix this so I need help If you need more information I will for sure be willing to answer any questions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-sync-center-offline-files-problems.964571/
Relevancy 86.49%

We're in a domain at work and a user have a folder on the server that he usually syncs with from his computer. The problem is that when I right click on the folder and choose "syncronize" it gives me "permission error". 
How do I fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/367413f7-e36b-40d0-8b5d-c4b23fcecc12/permission-error-trying-to-sync-offline-files-windows-81-to-server?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 86.49%

Hi guys,
we don't like for sync the recycle bin during sync offline folder, but system do it automaticly. How to exclude it?
The same situation with subfolders 'My music' and 'My pictures'. We would like to sync 'My documents only'.
Please help!
Thank a lot

A:Exclude Recycle bin from Offline Files (Windows Sync Centre)

Hi,

You can click “Start”,
 input “Managed offline files” in Search box and press Enter.

In the window of Offline Files, go to General and click “View your offline files”

Then you can manage offline files folder in it.

This link maybe helpful to you:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938875.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Leo  
Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b3688b3c-8446-4461-af38-041a7cb12762/exclude-recycle-bin-from-offline-files-windows-sync-centre?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 83.39%

Hi,
i have two computers, my main desktop and a laptop. For my work i sync my files between the two over my home network using Free File Sync (ffs).

For some reason ffs will sync across from my laptop to my desktop but not from my desktop to laptop. All the sync settings are set to copy both ways, ffs is running as admin and i am the only user of both computers so they are both running as admin.
I have set up homegroup between the two and i can easily copy any file type between both computers both ways. Permissions as far as i can tell are set to allow home groups, admins and all users.
But ffs still will only sync one way from my desktop to my laptop... any ideas? (i am given the: windows error code 5: access denied message whenever i click 'sync')

many thanks

A:[SOLVED] Free File Sync/Windows Error Code 5, access denied

Are both computers running the same OS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-free-file-sync-windows-error-code-5-access-denied-679585.html
Relevancy 80.91%

I have a nailed up VPN between 2 sites the remote site is connected to the main and is joined to the domain.

I have set the workstation up so that when the user logs on and off the my documents synchronises back to the Main site. since there are more and more documents in this folder its becoming very slow. when the user clicks on my documents its taking around 15 seconds to open, i have checked all the dns and ip settings and its as it was originally when it was quick, is there a way to make the folder offline without terminating the VPN link so that they can work on it and then when they log off, it syncs back to the server.

Many thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-and-offline-folder-sync-help-please.649461/
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello all We have an issue with offline folder sync conflicts folder Offline on Windows All the users have sync conflicts errors We use the Offline folder sync conflicts CIFS for our users nbsp home directory offline folder nbsp I have Offline folder sync conflicts found this solution Click Start type regedit in the Start Search box and then press ENTERLocate and then click the following registry subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Offline folder sync conflicts Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion NetCache nbsp On the Edit menu point to New and then click Key Type SyncConflictHandling and then press ENTERRight-click SyncConflictHandling point to New and then click Expandable String Value Type the path of the network share as the value name for example servername share Right-click the value name and then click Modify In the Value data box enter a value listed in the table below and then click OK The possible values for SyncConflictHandling and a description of each value is listed is this table What is the best way to fix the offline folder sync conflict issue nbsp Thanks Ira

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc614352-9b11-47e3-84b9-81d8a195fd2b/offline-folder-sync-conflicts?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 110.51%

Well I just realized that about half of my life is stored on my hard-drive. I'm backing up with an external HD but being the paranoid I am, if the house is burnt down.. the backup doesn't help much.

Any software that automatically uploads any file that I put in a specific folder to some server? So I can access it from another computer and download the stuff back, just in case.

A:Any Sync software that uploads the files in a folder to an Online server?

You will hardly find a software doing that. But you can always upload it with:

http://www.megaupload.com
Rapidshare
Hotfile

Just write the link to your files somewhere, so that you can download again when you need it.

Regards, SG01

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-sync-software-that-uploads-the-files-in-a-folder-to-an-online-server.924906/
Relevancy 109.65%

"Always available offline" options click on but nothing happens..sync not started...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-folder-sync-issue-windows-7.1074553/
Relevancy 109.65%

Since user has been migrated to Vista Enterprise, offline files have not been functioning correctly. It appears to ONLY be that way for newly created files and folders. Sync log indicates that "the files are in use by another system."

All other users syncing to the same server are fine.

I've disabled Indexing, but that did not take care of it.
I've also googled the heck out of this. Nothing worked.

If I go to the actual server location and sync from there, it works without issue, but not the other way. There's a similar error for every created file or folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Vista Offline Folder Sync Issue

Bump. Request for help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-offline-folder-sync-issue-460592.html
Relevancy 108.79%

ok, i have a win 7 ultimate laptop and i use sync center to access my docs when im away. the other night i took my pc out and tried to access a word document. i got "Access denied. Contact your system administrator"?? When i reconnect its fine. Any Ideas???

System:

http://downloaddudesource.webs.com/3rdParty/pc specs.rtf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-give-me-access-denied.1012938/
Relevancy 106.64%

I have a user (my CFO) that uses the offline sync like everyone else in our company. However, when he's working on a document offline he needs to reboot before that file will sync to the server regardless of if he's online again or not. It does sync when the computer is shutting down, but not manually or automatically while he's online.

I've tried numerous ideas to try to get it to work. My next step would be to re-initialize the database and see if that fixes the problem, but I wanted to see if anyone here has any less destructive ideas before I try that.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-file-sync-problem.863801/
Relevancy 106.64%

We have a new employee that wants to use her laptop, which is fine. It is a Dell with XP pro. At her former job she was synchronizing her offline files with their Win 2003 server.

I have set it up to work on our network and to synchronize offline files with our Win 2003 server. All this is working great, but it still attempts to synchronize with the old server.

I looked on line and did not find any advice on how to make it forget the old server. Any thoughts? It is working at the moment, but really annoying.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40663/offline-file-sync-issues/
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi,

I am wondering if there is any way to sync my recently opened files in Windows 10 File Explorer across multiple PC's running Windows 10 in i.e home network or other methods. Any feedback and ideas is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

A:How to sync recent files in File Explorer on i.e home network

See if this works for you.

OneDrive - Share Files and Folders

John

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55825-how-sync-recent-files-file-explorer-i-e-home-network.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi everyone,

Is making a file available offline and sync it contain the same size or as the same as you copying a file manually?

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303740-making-file-available-offline-sync-contain-same-size-you-copying.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Hi,
We're using windows server 2008 and our clients are running windows 7 and if a user logs on. their desktop fails to load. we get an error message saying we're refering to a loacation that doesn't exist (100% it does) and therefore can't load the desktop. The start menu and the home drive will laod fine but the desktop won't.
The strange fix we have found is to;
Enable offline files in the sync centre-> restart. disable offline files -> restart.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-desktop-failed-to-load-sync-centre-fix.1122798/
Relevancy 100.19%

Windows XP Home bit version I have had a strange problem where I am not sure I am infected but I am certainly as hell feeling painful symptoms Every now and then I will download something that needs to be unrared and when I do I put it into a folder on my desktop When I then try and run the program in question it tells me that access is denied Weirder still is that when I try and use other files in that same folder it tells me that access is denied on them as well I have since been able to delete the folders with great difficulty by become Folder Files in is denied" "access using unlocker but unlocker had no clue as to why I couldn't delete them either It just said No Locking Handle Files in Folder become "access is denied" Found However Unlocker can Files in Folder become "access is denied" help deal with this object strong I have since run all manner of antivirus and antimalware programs from your downloads section ADWKiller Malwarebytes ant-malware HitmanPro Windows Repair All in one and each Files in Folder become "access is denied" of them reported all manner of malware and deleted said files but the underlying problem still remains I have run a scandisk and I am currently running disk defragmenter as well And I am downloading from windows update seeing as it found several security updates for me I am not sure scandisk ran fully either because it takes so long to run I used it while I was sleeping

A:Files in Folder become "access is denied"

Hello DarkD and Welcome -
I am not sure scandisk ran fully either because it takes so long to run I used it while I was sleepingIf you mean sfc /scannow, the program should not take much more than 30 minutes at the most.
If you mean another program, could you please be a bit more specific with a name.

I have since run all manner of antivirus and antimalware programs from your downloads section.

Please try to be reasonably specific with the programs you ran, and the order in which you ran them.

Do you have your last Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan logs, or open the program face, and look under the Logs Tab across the top line -
Please post the log back here, and any other related current log that you have access to.

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506099/files-in-folder-become-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 99.76%

Good Evening I - XP Windows Pro Failed on after Files Denied Upgrade All Access SP3 Rollback have an issue that I hope someone in the land of Experts will be able to help me with I have searched Expert s Exchange as well as Google and I seem to have a bit of a unique situation Yesterday I began an upgrade of a Windows SP computer to SP The install appeared to be going well but after about completion I received Windows XP Pro SP3 Failed Upgrade - Access Denied on All Files after Rollback a generic Access Denied message The computer began to rollback the installation When the rollback was completed I allowed the computer to reboot Upon logging back into the computer with my Domain Admin account I received the following message Windows cannot load the profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Profile will be erased at logout When began to move around the computer I found that I couldn t really do anything I was not able to create any new files or modify existing ones My first reaction was that the drive permissions were messed up I ran secedit secedit configure cfg windir repair secsetup inf db secsetup sdb verbose Result Unable to read from or write to the database I was able to open the secsetup inf in Notepad I figured the problem as in the creation of the secsetup sdb file I then modified the command to point to a network drive which I could write to secedit configure cfg windir repair secsetup inf db Z secsetup sdb verbose Result Same as before - Unable to read from or write to the database I then attempted to run System Restore I found that a Restore Point was created before the SP install When I began to go through the System Restore wizard I found that I was not able to click the final next button during the confirmation of restore screen The button was active but it would not do anything when pressed My next step was to run SubInACL It was not installed on this computer and I was not able to install it I decided to move the SubInACL file to the network drive I ran the following commands via a batch subinacl subkeyreg HKEY LOCAL MACHINE setowner administrators subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CURRENT USER setowner administrators subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CLASSES ROOT setowner administrators subinacl subkeyreg HKEY LOCAL MACHINE grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CURRENT USER grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CLASSES ROOT grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY LOCAL MACHINE grant system f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CURRENT USER grant system f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CLASSES ROOT grant system f Result The results for the most part looked successful There were a couple failures but overall the permissions seemed to apply After a reboot nothing had changed I have also tried to login as the local administrator and perform these same steps but with not luck I wanted to run the SubInACL command as SYSTEM I ran At lt time gt interactive cmd exe Results Access is Denied I have tried various other little things Like Dail-a-Fix but I have consistently received denied messages Does anyone have any ideas of what else I can try I have attached the results of the SP update log as well Thanks in advance Code DoInstallation Installing assemblies with source root path c dd b b e a e f i PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotfixes RegQueryValueEx Failed x PruneCatalogsFromHotf... Read more

A:Windows XP Pro SP3 Failed Upgrade - Access Denied on All Files after Rollback

Reinstall windows. It would be quicker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-sp3-failed-upgrade-access-denied-on-all-files-after-rollback.736433/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hopefully I can explain my situation without dragging it out to long but it is involved The problem is with my wife amp s computer which is an Emachine Model T running Win XP Home Edition and IE The last time my wife was on the computer was the evening of Aug at which time she had been playing the card game Spider Solitaire I am also listed as All Exe User Solved: and Denied Access To Programs Files a user but only to keep it running for my wife When she tried to use the computer the next day Aug she kept getting the message amp Windows can not access Solved: User Access Denied To All Exe Files and Programs the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item amp Having come up with the same results Solved: User Access Denied To All Exe Files and Programs as my wife here is what I have been able to determine Be it from the Start Menu Desk Top or Program Folder the end result is the above message It didn t amp t matter whose account I was in mine or my wife amp s or if I tried to open an executable file or program directly or with a shortcut the results were the same However I did find a couple of things that were quite odd The items stored in the task bar at the bottom right side of the task bar could be opened but only from here These programs consisted of the Virus Program Trend Micro amp s Pecillin messenger program and the like I also found that if I opened Documents and Settings and then opened either my wife amp s or my personal folder and then went to Favorites I was able to access the internet I could not do is run Restore from system tools and when I tried use the run function in the start menu I got a pop up window which said amp Windows can not create a shortcut here Do you want a shortcut placed on the desktop amp Short of doing a full format and re-installation can you tell me what has happened and how to fix it Thank you in advance TheMic Edit Info One other note of interest Though it comes to mind I can t explain how I was able to determine this but I was able to check the event viewer and determined there was a system Win XP update performed between and am on Aug nbsp

Relevancy 98.9%

Hi COursework deadlines are coming up and my acess has been denied to my folder. Please help windows couldnt find my user profile so i had to go to safe mode log on as admin create new account. I also deleted the old account and kept documents and settings. I could not access this. after searching i found out i had to go back to safe mode log on as admin and go golder options ---> view then there would be an advanced tab yet this wasnt there what do i do.. :/

A:Access Denied To files after deleting user account

Google "taking ownership of files" and follow the how to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-to-files-after-deleting-user-account.698995/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,

I need write/full access to some files that are located in the Program Files folder on a Windows 7 64 bit machine but keep getting access denied messages. Can anyone please tell me how to temporarily allow write/full access to this folder?

I am the PC owner with admin priveliges but just cannot seem to get round the permissions to enable write/full access.

Rgds

A:Writing To Program Files Folder - How (Access Denied) ?

Run the application that's trying to write to Program Files as an Administrator.
(Right click -> Run as Administrator)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179931-writing-program-files-folder-how-access-denied.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello all,

I have a brand new Toshiba E105 Satellite with Windows 64 Home ed. My old satellite has XP. I have a Maxtor external drive that I use to backup data. I tried to copy my backup file to my new computer from the Maxtor and was mostly successful. Unfortunately, there are a bunch of photos that I could not transfer. They are just like the other photos that did transfer but for whatever reason, these won't. I get the famous "Destination folder Access Denied-you need permission to perform this action" message.

I have been perusing the forums and have tried disabling UAC, adding admin privileges and permissions to both the new computer and the maxtor all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Destination Folder Access Denied-Moving Files

Originally Posted by Sadietheferret

Hello all,

I have a brand new Toshiba E105 Satellite with Windows 64 Home ed. My old satellite has XP. I have a Maxtor external drive that I use to backup data. I tried to copy my backup file to my new computer from the Maxtor and was mostly successful. Unfortunately, there are a bunch of photos that I could not transfer. They are just like the other photos that did transfer but for whatever reason, these won't. I get the famous "Destination folder Access Denied-you need permission to perform this action" message.

I have been perusing the forums and have tried disabling UAC, adding admin privileges and permissions to both the new computer and the maxtor all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is a permissions problem. If you go to the folder that contains the photos and add your user to the owners group with modify permissions you should be able to copy/move them. If not right click one of the files and see who the onwer is

thanks

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251018-destination-folder-access-denied-moving-files.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Windows XP; Dell 1.7
Norton SystemWorks 2002
Norton AV 2003
NAV definitions up to date, system checked today, no viruses.

I messed with Norton Waste Basket yesterday, trying to get rid of the
'Access Denied' bootup message as seen on another thread here. Messed with taking ownership of files in SAFE mode. Finally scared myself, restored the system from earlier in the day, all looked fine again. Now I can't access the 'Program Files' folder (didn't try yesterday, so it probably didn't work then either). I must have messed with administrator rights or something. I'm the only user of this machine, although we have a four-machine home network set up, direct cables to a router.

Error message when attempting to access Program Files folder:
C:\ Program Files is not accessible.
Access Denied.

Sounds like an authorization issue. I use no passwords to log in, I am the only User on this machine.
What can I try next?

Steve

A:Solved: 'Program Files' folder, access denied

try to log in using the administrator account then set ownership.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-program-files-folder-access-denied.282232/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have been having a problem accessing my Program Files folder for about 6 months. We HAD 5 user accounts, and only 1 of the 5 user accounts, all of which were administrators, could access Program Files. After about 6 months of the program files problem, all the usernames except the 1 that could access Program Files, disappeared suddenly. We still have access to the folders through C:\Documents and Settings, but we can't log on to the user accounts and we can't see them on the windows startup screen.

The computer is completely clean of malware, for proof you may follow this link:

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/717392-solved-popups-ie-firefox-w.html

Thanks

Relevancy 97.61%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Can anyone recommend a bloat-free quality file & folder syncing software, and is there any that can sync files and folders on the fly, rather than doing it at scheduled times?

A:Best File/Folder sync software (on-the-fly)?

FreeFileSync now has a real-time option. I personally don't use that feature because I don't need it but it may be worth a try.
http://freefilesync.sourceforge.net/

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/225674-best-file-folder-sync-software-fly.html
Relevancy 96.75%

OK here is the problem I have been dealing with and I can t ignore it any longer because I am now locked out of almost every one of my files and folders It started with my dragon software one by one after I would get a new user all set up to replace the old one everything would be fine for about a week and then it would tell me that the user I was using needed to be upgraded because it had been created by an earlier version of Dragon naturally speaking except I ve a "Access to my word folder Help! I on files and after them move Denied" picture only had the one version on my computer the whole time Then I discovered that after I would put some word files into a folder to keep things organized when I would go back to open and use those files I was told word cannot open the document user does not have access privileges except I haven't assigned any privileges to those files and I don't even know how if I wanted too The files would open just fine until I moved them into a folder but that s not "Access Denied" on my word and picture files after I move them to a folder Help! all Photos would become completely unusable after being moved into a folder where I would once get a bunch of thumbnails to look at to find the photo I was looking for I now get a message that tells me No Preview Available and it's not just the preview that isn't available I can't open the photograph and see the image at all but that s not all when I try to move any of these newly worthless files I have to use an unlocker program to even move them and it's only one at a time I am told cannot copy name of file Access is denied Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use The worst part is that these are files that contain all sorts of extremely important documents from my legal practice Alot of the newly worthless photos are pictures of evidence in ongoing cases HeeelllPPPPP WTF is going on with my computer how do I stop it from denying me access to my own files Thank you in advance for your help I use windows XP Professional SP I have the Microsoft Office Suite

A:"Access Denied" on my word and picture files after I move them to a folder Help!

NEVER MIND i FIGURED IT OUT ...i HAD TO TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THESE FOLDERS AND FILES ...!!!   THANK YOU !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513509/access-denied-on-my-word-and-picture-files-after-i-move-them-to-a-folder-help/
Relevancy 95.46%

Let's say I've got a music folder on my laptop and a music folder on my desktop. I keep the same music on both of the computers seperatly, and I download it on both. I also have some games that I play on both computers, and I keep the savegames the same. I am tired of trying to syncronize them manually, so I was wondering if anyone new how I could keep them in sync just by clicking an update button or something. I wanted to use briefcase, but I could'nt figure out how to link the files so you can transfer them both ways. Something too that I can just link the files, not move them into a folder, because savegames and stuff has to stay where it is at for the game to work right

A:Sync'ed Files

LapLink comes to mind
http://www.laplink.com/default.asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/synced-files.10230/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi, Can somebody please help me as i have some issues with AVI files being out of sync!!.....but not all, whilst playing on my computer. I have tried D/L'ing the files again to see if these files were currupt, but they still have the same issue!

It seems like the video is playing slow and struggling to keep up with the audio!! If i go to another point in the video quickly then the sync is in for maybe 2-4 seconds!?!

Any help on this issue would be greatfully recieved.

Cheers

neal37

Relevancy 95.46%

I need to Sync .pst files that have minor daily changes between my computer and an external hard drive to be used on my Surface when I travel. I tried using Sync Toy, but it doesn't recognize the subtle changes. What do you recommend? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb29d960-196b-48f9-bfbc-0a3e898fa453/sync-pst-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 95.46%

some of my avi files are out of sync.the audio is well ahead of the video,which moves very slow.i tried to fix it with virtul dub,but i didnt have the skills or knowledge to work it correctly.does anyone know of any software that might possibly help?thanks

A:avi files out of sync

What's the processor speed? For divx or xvid, you need 450Mhz
What's the framerate of the video? In VirtDub look under "video" "framerate".
What's are the video information? post here everything you see under "file" "file information"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-files-out-of-sync.203102/
Relevancy 95.46%

So I just got off the phone with my dad, and he's been struggling mightily with his 2 home PCs (both notebooks) regarding file synchronization between the 2.

A while back, I told him to give BitTorrent Sync a try (quite popular), but he's been noticing that a small portion of his files were not synchronizing correctly (they are on the same folder where other files were syncing properly, so what gives?), so he's having a lot of issues with that right now.

So I had to ask eightforums.com about this, what's the best way to sync files between two PCs connected to the same network? and please, no cloud solutions.

Thanks!.

A:Best way to sync files between 2 PCs?

Same network, drag and drop between the folders. I personally do not like it, due to there is a chance of failure. Your father really needs a NAS, to save stuff on, if he is going to be working at two different computers.

My brother set up on his server rack space that he rents. A Owncloud server, that we all use to store data offsite to. Makes it easy for me to grab something out of my folder on my iPhone, when I need to send say a pdf by my myfax account, or need to pull it up to look at something.

I do store stuff like system backups on my personal NAS on my network. But everything is automatic to the family cloud share.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52402-best-way-sync-files-between-2-pcs.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I have a PC running Windows 7 64bit, and a Laptop running windows vista 32 bit (I can install windows 7 on this if necessary).....

I want to set up a system where I can easily sync files from my PC to my laptop.

Is this possible, and if so, how!

A:Sync files between two Computers

You need to network the two together first of all. Whether by WiFi or hardwired ethernet through a router or switch, or using a crossover LAN cable doesn't matter in reality - and then use a sync' program with network capabilities.

I can recommend SyncBackPro for Windows7 (any flavour, x86 or x64) as it has a very easy wizard interface and operates smoothly.

There's another product called SuperFlexible which is a little more complicated, but is slightly faster.

Microsoft also make a freeware tool called SyncToy (although it annoyingly litters your drives with small hidden files which help it keep track of tasks performed!)

I hope this gives you something to go on...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46070-sync-files-between-two-computers.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I copied my home vcr movies to dvd using the dvd recorder. Some I recorded at SP and had 2 hour films. I edit using Womble’s Mpeg DVD which I’m really happy with and Nero 7 Ultra (which I ain’t) to add a menu, chapter and burn.

With the 2 hour SP films I used Mpeg to make 4 hour films which were say 8GB, Shrink to bring them to 4GB and Nero to menu, chapter and burn.

Previewing prior to burning the footage was in sync, when viewing the dvd, after the first VOB file, the sync was out.

I was advised at this forum to use Nero Recode to ‘shrink’ the film. Same story.

What am I doing wrong? Should I abandon Nero and buy a better software? If so, what is a better software?

A:Shrunk files Sync is out after VOB 1

How important is the menu part to you? DVDFlick is working on a menu version release but right now they don't have that option so you can only chapter without menus. I chapter every 10 minutes and that's more than adequate for me.

If you can get by without menus or wanted to try it and see if it works, I would take the original 2hr. SP videos, rename the extension if needed to .mpg, load two into DVDFlick and let it render the automatic bitrate for both 2hr. SP videos into one 4hr. DVD. Be sure and go through the settings one by one to get them just right first though because some of the defaults are set to European standards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shrunk-files-sync-is-out-after-vob-1.675369/
Relevancy 94.6%

Microsoft Office offers through Windows Live, Windows live Mesh that gives you 5 GB of free space that is available through web and computers where Mesh is installed.

Is there any other similar solution that can work directly against the the SBS server? I don't want to store the files directly on the server, it needs to be stored localy as well. The best product i know to do this, is Dropbox.com, but it only gives you 2 GB. Sync against the servers would be the best.

Anyone?

A:Sync files against SBS 2008

Hi,

I have limited experience on this subject but how global do you need the service to be?

What price are you prepared to pay (Don't need an answer, just asking) as this will decide where you go.

Dropbox.com = 100GIG for $20 per month for a global access, I guess.

If you are talking a local service/ office need then perhaps you could build a file server for your network! Which, again will cost money & time to establish.

Configuring all your PC's could be done I'm sure & you could find some excellent advice round here?

So, what kind of a service do you want to establish or do you need, global or local?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/285514-sync-files-against-sbs-2008-a.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I tried to sync some files but first I needed to delete some since I no longer needed them Now the program will not allow me to do anything with what I have I am in major fear of losing what I have done so far I have a response from the company of the Sync program and I have tried to follow the directions but I think I am missing something very important Can you please Please :( to Solved: tried files my sync Need Help I help me out These are there instructions below After I list them I will tell you what I have done so far -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for your message From our FAQ Q I am getting Access Denied error error What to do A The error message quot Access Denied quot Solved: Need Help Please I tried to sync my files :( comes from Windows GoodSync just Solved: Need Help Please I tried to sync my files :( relays it It means that GoodSync cannot write file or create delete read file or folder It is caused by lack of permissions your client computer is not allowed to perform certain file operations on your server computer You should set permissions so that GoodSync can change files and folders on the server computer An easy way to verify that you set permissions correctly is to use Windows Explorer running on the client to modify rename delete files served by the server Once you can modify delete files using Windows Explorer GoodSync will be able to do the same Note that you should be able to do this operation in non-elevated mode that is there should be NO shield next to the operation that you do in the context menu Shield next to the operation means that elevation to super-user mode is required How to set permissions on disk folder - Files inherit permissions from their folders and folder inherit permissions form their folders - So you need to find the folder that controls permissions of your folder usually it is the top folder - Right click this folder in Windows Explorer and select Properties go to Security tab - Select the group or user for which you want to change permissions - If you want to give permission to everyone then select the Everyone group - Check Full Control box in the Allow column this would allow to do anything with the folder - Click OK and agree to change permissions of all files and folders inside How to set permissions for Windows Net Share - See detailed instructions on how to do this in the above FAQ item ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I went into the Good Sync file right clicked it and went to properties and went to security tab and it shows I have all permission to do what is needed I did the same with robo forms file just in case I did the same with internet explorer and I have all permission with all files so I am confused as to what I am suppose to do Any suggestions or did I miss something totally they keep sending me the same message back when I have gone back for help Your help would be so very appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 94.6%

i have a .RMVB (realplayer video file) that is very badly out of sync. The video is going at a faster rate than the audio is. i was wondering, is there a way to fix this? or can i use a program? thanks.

Relevancy 94.17%

just got a Acer Aspire 6935G, few months old, no previous problems. just ran sfc to check the system files and windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix them. the trouble is i cant access the CBS.log file to see the violation/s. keeps saying access denied, i have tried changing the file permissions for my user account (ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT) to full control but still i get access denied. should i take ownership? thanks for the help !

A:sfc found corrupt files - CBS log file access denied?

Hello,

Give ownership and full control to EVERYONE, then upload cbs.log without trying to analyse it (copy it onto your Desktop first) I will parse it and send you the new log.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275178-sfc-found-corrupt-files-cbs-log-file-access-denied.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Code Destination Folder Access Denied ------------------------------------ You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder lt Folder Sub-Folder Name gt Date created lt Creation Date gt ------------------------------------ Continue Skip Cancel I get this dialog files whenever I try to modify copy delete or edit contents modifying folder when Access Program "Destination Folder Denied" Files of the quot C Program Files quot folder or its sub folders When I click the Continue button everything goes on fine without any problem Some programs give write errors when I try to modify a file inside Program Files with them e g Notepad gives write error when I try to edit a text file inside one of "Destination Folder Access Denied" when modifying Program Files folder the sub-folders of the Program Files folder I'm the only user on this computer and I'm already the administrator who installed this Windows There is no other OS installed on this machine This problem has been occurring for a long time At first I ignored it but later it started to became bothersome I don't remember how have it started or what had I done before it first appeared What can I do to stop Windows showing me this dialog box I want to freely modify contents of any directory in my computer This is a home computer I have no social privacy concerns OS Windows Ultimate x SP Up-to-date

A:"Destination Folder Access Denied" when modifying Program Files folder

You could try disabling UAC.

User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278361-destination-folder-access-denied-when-modifying-program-files-folder.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello I found this forum out of necessity I have done a fair share of googling this question pro files & office Sync surface between PC without any luck resolution Hopefully someone here will have a useful Sync files between office PC & surface pro answer I use a program at my office that stores data in the local program folder on my pc However i also use this program on my tablet surface pro these are both windows devices respectively so i'm hoping that works to my advantage Most of the resolutions i found on google involved using my OneDrive however the quot Local quot folder is approx GB depending on the number of projects so this is not an option I would rather find a solution that does not involve an external HDD at this is just one more piece of equipment to carry and i worry about performance issues while working on the projects In my opinion the ideal solution is Use the program while i am at the office the files save to the quot Local quot folder on my PC and then when my tablet is quot awake quot the modified files automatically sync over our wifi connection The wifi aspect isnt a deal breaker i am fine with syncing via a USB cord as well The main goal is i want the projects data from the quot Local quot folder to sync with either my PC or my tablet depending on which file has the most recent time stamp So obviously if i work on a project during the week and need to view modify it outside the office any changes made will sync to the PC the next time I connect via the wifi or USB I am also open to alternative solutions that i may be missing Cross posted to Windows Forum as well

A:Sync files between office PC & surface pro

Sync local folder on office pc w/ local folder on Surface Pro? - Windows 8

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/sync-files-between-office-pc-and-surface-pro-910866.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello I found office PC between files surface & pro Sync this forum out of necessity I have done a fair share of googling this question without any luck resolution Hopefully someone here will have a useful answer I use a program at my office that stores data in the local program folder on my pc However i also use this program on my tablet surface pro these are both windows devices respectively so i'm hoping that works to my advantage Most of the resolutions i found on google involved using my OneDrive however the quot Local quot folder is approx GB depending on the number Sync files between office PC & surface pro of projects so this is not an option I would rather find Sync files between office PC & surface pro a solution that does not involve an external HDD at this is just one more piece of equipment to carry and i worry about performance issues while working on the projects In my opinion the ideal solution is Use the program while i am at the office the files save to the quot Local quot folder on my PC and then when my tablet is quot awake quot the modified files automatically sync over our wifi connection The wifi aspect isnt a deal breaker i am fine with syncing via a USB cord as well The main goal is i want the projects data from the quot Local quot folder to sync with either my PC or my tablet depending on which file has the most recent time stamp So obviously if i work on a project during the week and need to view modify it outside the office any changes made will sync to the PC the next time I connect via the wifi or USB I am also open to alternative solutions that i may be missing Cross posted to Windows Forum as well

please do not cross post across forums

continue here
Sync files between office PC & surface pro

closing this post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sync-files-between-office-pc-and-surface-pro-910874.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell Studio Desktop

I want to sync individual files in different folders on my computer. Programs such as Syn Toy and Allwaysyc only allow folders to be syncronised. Is there a free utility that will do this or failing that, can I run a batch file to acheive the same objective. If the latter, please provide instructions and syntax for writing the 'program' and how it can be run in Windows 7.

A:Sync individual files in WIndows 7

To add to my last message I tried the following at the cmd prompt and got an error message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.

copy f:\outlook\outlook.pst f:\kencoburn\my documents\my dropbox\outlook

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sync-individual-files-in-windows-7-a-542038.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I have a Sony Vista laptop quot Vaio I also bought the Aspire One Files Between Sync XP Laptops Vista & quot netbook today for portability when needed The Sync Files Between XP & Vista Laptops Aspire runs XP SP Home I am trying my best to figure out how Sync Files Between XP & Vista Laptops to network both laptops so they each show up on the others end Both connect wirelessly not ethernet wired to the same router Router D-Link DIR- On the Vista laptop I have these options enabled in Network amp Sharing Center Network Discovery File Sharing Printer Sharing Password Protected Sharing Public Folder Sharing disabled The Aspire One does not have bluetooth just to clarify On the Aspire XP laptop I have these enabled file amp printer sharing wireless connection connected to the Internet as of now In Vista laptop I have these enabled as well Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I O Driver Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder In Vista I go to Network amp Sharing Center gt Add a Wireless Device It searches and tells me quot no wireless device found quot Both laptops are on and both with live wireless connection Once each laptop is able to Sync Files Between XP & Vista Laptops see the other on the map I d like to automatically synchronize perhaps scheduled upon login logoff select folders amp files like Firefox bookmarks and Documents folders Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Sync Files Between XP & Vista Laptops

I think you will need to create a new Ad Hoc network connection. Check out this tutorial and see how it compares to your setup.

http://www.home-network-help.com/ad-hoc-wireless.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-files-between-xp-vista-laptops.786455/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello I found this forum out of necessity I have done a fair share of googling this question without any luck resolution Hopefully someone here will have a useful answer I use office between PC & Sync surface pro files a program at my office that stores data in Sync files between office PC & surface pro the local program folder on my pc However i also use this program on my tablet surface pro these are both windows devices respectively so i m hoping that works to my advantage Most of the resolutions i found on google involved using my OneDrive however the quot Local quot folder is approx GB depending on the number of projects so this is not an option I would rather find a solution that does not involve an external HDD at this is just one more piece of equipment to carry and i worry about performance issues while working on the projects In my opinion the ideal solution is Use the program while i am at the office the files save to the quot Local quot folder on my PC and then when my tablet is quot awake quot the modified files automatically sync over our wifi connection The wifi aspect isnt a deal breaker i am fine with syncing via a USB cord as well The main goal is i want the projects data Sync files between office PC & surface pro from the quot Local quot folder to Sync files between office PC & surface pro sync with either my PC or my tablet depending on which file has the most recent time stamp So obviously if i work on a project during the week and need to view modify it outside the office any changes made will sync to the PC the next time I connect via the wifi or USB I am also open to alternative solutions that i may be missing Cross posted to Windows Forum as well nbsp

please do not duplicate the same question across the different forums

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-8/1136121-sync-files-between-office-pc.html

closing this post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-files-between-office-pc-surface-pro.1136120/
Relevancy 93.31%

I'm new to this forum and also to SkyDrive. Hope I've picked the correct place to post this.

I've purchased and installed Microsoft Windows Professional + 2013. Also, somehow, I've installed a link to SkyDrive in the cloud. I have an Excel file that I want to share with others. The only way, so far, that I've been able to accomplish this is to transfer my file to the cloud and authorize sharing. I would rather have the file reside on my computer and a copy be synced with skydrive. Is there a way to do this?

A:Is there a way to sync files on my cptr to SkyDrive?

Hello Ron, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if using the SkyDrive desktop app for this may work. It gives you a "C:\Users\(user-name)\SkyDrive" folder that is kept synced with your online SkyDrive. This will make it easy to just save files into this folder to be available on both your local PC and the online SkyDrive. In addition, it works great with Office 2013.

SkyDrive Desktop app - Use with Office 2013

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293003-there-way-sync-files-my-cptr-skydrive.html
Relevancy 93.31%

So recently i got my OnePlus And this is my first device which don't have any external SD Card I love to flash new roms and to do new experiments on my device But the main problem with internal storage is that if you got brick you have to format internal storage and loose all data I tried to search on xda but everyone Files B/W usb. And PC via Android Auto Sync seems to be using cloud options but i cant use those bandwidth issue So Auto Sync Files B/W Android And PC via usb. coming to the main point I need something that can sync all my files on androids internal storage with selected folder in windows whenever i connect my phone via usb Rite now the only solution i can think of is a script that can run Auto Manually whenever i connect my phone in MTP mode and compare all files between phones internal storage and folder in windows and copy missing new files to the folder Or if there is already an app that can do this

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/398614-auto-sync-files-b-w-android-pc-via-usb.html
Relevancy 93.31%

If you take a media center recording and process the .WTV file through Moviemaker (essentials version), the sound is always out of sync and gets worse the further into the movie you go. Unwatchable output. It doesn't appear to matter which output format you use. This is on an AMD 940 quad with GTX460 GPU. I can run the same WTV file through MediaEspresso on the same hardware and it converts to another format properly, without the sync issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16934-sync-problems-wtv-files-moviemaker.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Not sure if it is possible but can XP home edition sync files between two networked computers? if so, how? If not could someone recommend a free/cheap way to sync files?

Also, is it possible to upgrade XP home to Pro?

A:XP home upgrade + sync files between PCs

Not sure about the sync files question. Plug that question into Google and see what it spits out.

As for the second question, yes, you can upgrade from XP (Home) to XP Pro. It's not any different than upgrading from Win98 to XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-upgrade-sync-files-between-pcs.220299/
Relevancy 93.31%

My phone is full of songs, but when i try to sych in windows media player, it shows the phones is nearly full bu that there are no files on the device. How do I fix this problem? I'm using windows vista, wmp 6 and an LG KC910 phone.

thanks

A:'No files on this device' when trying to sync from WMP to phone

http://uk.lgmobile.com/web/web.support.retrieveSoftwareUpdate.laf

try using LG software instead of media player may be a issue with the file types

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-files-on-this-device-when-trying-to-sync-from-wmp-to-phone.926084/
Relevancy 93.31%

Every time I sync songs to my MP3 player it tries to sync 4 episodes of scrubs to the device, but I don't want they on the device. I cannot get them off the sync list. As a matter of fact, I have no idea how they got on the sync list.

Also There are about 150 songs that are on the list, I just want to get them off the list and have a blank sync list, but there is no option to remove.....

A:Solved: Deleting files from sync?

Nevermind, after clicking about I found out how to remove everything. Thanks anyhow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-deleting-files-from-sync.611825/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have a desktop with 1.5tb of crap on it and I can't just clone it to my laptop
However I want to be able to keep things like iTunes library and game saves in sync
I also want it to
Not be automatic if I so desire
Be over wifi or USB cable
And I want it to sync the most recent of the 2 copies say I download a song on my laptop I want it to copy 2 my desktop but later if I get one on my desktop I want it to copy 2 laptop like a 2 way sync sorta thing
I'm also not looking for user friendly I can handle advanced stuff (sometimes that's even better) and can handle any REASONABLE price tags for this program or feature

I hope this is in the right topic area and thanks for the time and help.

A:program 2 keep certain (not all) files/folders in sync between 2 computers

I use something called SyncBack.
SyncBack Freeware - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

Cnet has a video on iTunes with multiple computers. I don't use iTunes so I'm not sure how well the software that's out there works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/program-2-keep-certain-not-all-files-folders-in-sync-between-2-computers-581691.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi,

I 've used sync center to sync 2 pc's and 1 server windows server 2008 r2 for My documents and Desktop.

I accidentally deleted some files from 1 PC and this resulted to be deleted also from the other PC and the server.

How can i restore these files back ?

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3040e9f4-afbe-43de-b3bb-bef1da07bd43/sync-center-files-were-deleted-and-cannot-be-recovered?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi,

I'm not sure what I need to do so I hope I am asking this the right way?

I am moving and wont have access to my desktop for roughly 4 months.

I will have a laptop with windows 7 (desktop is also running 7) and also have an external Hard Drive with plenty of space (1T I think?) that I use to back up my desktop (doing it with system images).

What would be the best way to get all my files onto my laptop and then get them back to my desktop when I set it up down the road.

I am mostly interested in Outlook Express and My Documents but I think it's time I learn how to sync everything. I have an iPad as well (I'm just a little technologically challenged)

Thanks!

A:How Would I Sync Laptop and Desktop or Transfer Files?

Use Macrium Reflect or something similar [I do not recommend Windows built-in backup & restore for this particular operation] to make a full image of your Data partition onto your trusted external media. Then restore that image onto your laptop. Make a full image of your laptop's data partition every week or so onto your trusted external media. When you get back home, simply restore your newest latest laptop's Data partition from your external media onto your desktop. I knowe nothing about Outlook, others will have to help you with that one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400564-how-would-i-sync-laptop-desktop-transfer-files.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I am looking for a way to automatically backup some folders on my PC to my Google Drive.
It doesn't have to be real-time synchronization; something like once every hour would be fine.
Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Relevancy 92.45%

I'm planning to buy my first ever laptop between Win7 64 desktop files laptop Sync & for a four week business trip I'll buy it with Win like my Sync files between Win7 64 desktop & laptop desktop and will copy the contents of my desktop HD to the laptop before I leave When I return I'll want to sync all Sync files between Win7 64 desktop & laptop changed files from the laptop back to the desktop again I feel a bit embarrassed to ask how to do this as it's obviously a common issue but I've googled browsed these forums leafed through my copy of Windows Inside Out -- and still can't find what I need to know What's the easiest and most trouble-free way of syncing these files Should I buy Sync files between Win7 64 desktop & laptop an Easy Transfer cable Use a third party program like Foldermatch or Laplink or Syncback Pro I understand that I can sync files with an online intermediary -- Windows Live I think -- but I'd just as soon not go that route My hope is that there's a cable I can get like the Easy Transfer cable and some simple software I can use or download that will do the job for me

A:Sync files between Win7 64 desktop & laptop

Download details: SyncToy 2.1

Check this out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/132517-sync-files-between-win7-64-desktop-laptop.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I'm entering a new role that will take me on the road more than before I'm shopping for a laptop to take with me to check email etc while I'm away from home I've used laptops before but I don't have one now Now I have an HP desktop running Windows Home Premium Firefox etc and I'm entirely satisfied with it I use a satellite hard wired internet connection because where I live that's the only game in town My question is once I go on the road with files the while and sync keep in desktop on to laptop road How the laptop what would I need either software or hardware either on the road with me or at home or both so that I could keep files stored on my desktop HD e g Excel files I've built at home and I want to keep up to date in sync automatically with the same files stored on my HD on my laptop I e if I work on a file on the laptop and I make changes to it I DO How to keep desktop and laptop files in sync while on the road NOT have to make the same changes to the desktop file once I get back home cuz it stayed in sync with whatever I did while I was using the version on the laptop on How to keep desktop and laptop files in sync while on the road the road Is this even remotely possible

A:How to keep desktop and laptop files in sync while on the road

Yes, I also travel between three homes and overseas regularly and have found a freeware solution that works great for me.

Install MS Skydrive which gives 7gb free storage in the cloud for each Windows Live ID, and will sell you more dirt cheap. Then Sync Any Folder to Your SkyDrive Account | PCWorld.

I sync all of my user folders up to 25gb to the cloud where I can access everything by signing in anywhere to my Hotmail. It keeps all 7 of my PC's and any other devices sync'd so I never have to carry files or even think twice about whether I have the latest within reach.

To do the same with your browser, use Firefox and Sync your devices on the Tools tab. It will keep all of your history, Favorites, passwords, etc. sync'd across all of your devices - making it easy to pull something up in the URL box in one place you just accessed earlier that day in another place. Over time it has become like having the same PC everywhere I go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252923-how-keep-desktop-laptop-files-sync-while-road.html
Relevancy 92.45%

hello everybody,

can you please suggest any good sync programs?
i have to copy/move stuff to my external hard disk the fastest way.

thanks in advance

Relevancy 92.45%

I have just moved to university to do Computer Science Due to the nature of my degree I will be working on files both at home and in university labs very frequently and therefore always sync files university? home Bets way to between and need the most up-to-date version of my files available on both systems The universiyt does not provide access Bets way to sync files between home and university? to university files from home For my user at least I have Bets way to sync files between home and university? a different account to most due to being CS but Bets way to sync files between home and university? this means I lose access to file sharing The only thing I have thoguht of at the moment is to use dropbox portable I can run exe from the uni computers as long as they do not require admin privilidges However I already have a dropbox account synced to my home computer and will be using a different account purely for my work Therefore I need another solution I have also considered using an external hard drive I will plug in my Ext HDD to both home and uni and use that as my primary storage device I will then each day make a zip copy of the drive and store it on either system The biggest issue with this being forgotting the drive or it becomming corrupted

A:Bets way to sync files between home and university?

You can use a USB Flash drive. Save all your work at Uni on the flash drive, remember to take it home with you. Open the Flash Drive and save your work to your home computer.If you edit your work Save all work from home to the Flash Drive and home, When you get to school open the flash drive and save it to Uni computer overwriting old files etc. This way, if you loose the Flash drive, or it becomes corrupted, you have only lost one day when it wasn't saved.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bets-way-to-sync-files-between-home-and-university-732145.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello I found this forum out of necessity I have done a fair share of googling this question without any luck resolution Hopefully someone here surface Sync pro & PC files office Solved: between will have a useful answer I use a program at my office that stores data in the local program folder on my pc However i also use this program on my tablet surface pro these are both windows devices respectively so i m hoping that works to my advantage Most of the Solved: Sync files between office PC & surface pro resolutions i found on google involved using my OneDrive however the quot Local quot folder is approx GB depending on the number of projects so this is not an option I would rather find a solution that does not involve an external HDD at this is just one more piece of equipment to carry and i worry about performance issues while working on the Solved: Sync files between office PC & surface pro projects In my opinion the ideal solution is Use the program while i am at the office the files save to the quot Local quot folder on my PC Solved: Sync files between office PC & surface pro and then when my tablet is quot awake quot the modified files automatically sync over our wifi connection The wifi aspect isnt a deal breaker i am fine with syncing via a USB cord as well The main goal is i want the projects data from the quot Local quot folder to sync with either my PC or my tablet depending on which file has the most recent time stamp So obviously if i work on a project during the week and need to view modify it outside the office any changes made will sync to the PC the next time I connect via the wifi or USB I am also open to alternative solutions that i may be missing Cross posted to Windows Forum as well nbsp

A:Solved: Sync files between office PC & surface pro

Microsoft has Sync Center, but I've never used it and don't know for sure that it works with Windows 8. You can find similar third party programs with a web search for "Windows sync files" (w/o the quotes).

There are also for-pay cloud syncing services. I use SugarSync; it is not perfect, but works pretty well and whenever it or I have messed up I have been able to recover.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sync-files-between-office-pc-surface-pro.1136121/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello,

I recently tried out the Sync Center but found it would not meet my needs (i.e. cannot specify another location or partition to store the offline files). So I've decided not to use it however it had already sucked down about 22GB from my NAS and won't give it back.

I've tried disabling offline files and after a reboot I have not regained any space.
I've tried clicking delete temporary files on the disk usage tab of the offline files dialog. it runs through a list of the files in the storage saying it is removing them and then says completed removing offline files. but when I check the space has not been reclaimed and opening the offline files again still shows 22GB used.
I've tried "View your offline files" and selecting them and clicking delete. Shows a delete progress bar and then completed but still the files persist.

any suggestions please?

Regards.

A:Sync Center cannot delete temporary files

Very possibly,if you try backup and restore from a time prior to Sync Center, you may be restored to your original files. If that does not work, I would try a system restore from a time prior to your problem. I am fairly sure one of these remedies will work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/41250-sync-center-cannot-delete-temporary-files.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I'm running Vista Ultimate and have recently had to blow away my PDA.

Prior to this I synchronised the device via WMDC in the vain hope that after I completed this I could resync and be back to square one with all my contacts, calendar entries, etc in place.

OK, I got back my note files but failed to recover my contacts and calendar entries on the resync.

Any suggestions as to how I can recover from this? I thought there might be a location on the C: drive where WMDC might locate sync files and from where I could just transfer them back manually to the PDA. Anyone know if this is possible and where the sync files would reside?

In desperation...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/210764-wmdc-where-does-locate-sync-files-vista.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I have SkyDrive on Windows 7 but I have no icon in my toolbar (at the bottom right hand side) just one on my desktop screen. I might have deleted it somehow. But now I notice that my files are not updating when I go to my iPad and launch Windows Live. I go back to make sure fetch is turned on on my desktop SkyDrive, but without an icon, I can't find it or settings. Playing around with help,. the furthest I get is something about a Group policy might not be allowing it and to see my administrator. I am on a wireless router. Help, please.

A:Can't get fetch to work to sync files with Skydrive.

Welcome to the forum,

Have you tried an uninstall/reinstall of skydrive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253213-cant-get-fetch-work-sync-files-skydrive.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with my tablet (Surface).
It has 32GB of total memory but half of that space is occupied by the files of OneDrive which are automatically stored on my tablet as well. I tried to un-sync it right clicking on the OneDrive icon and stuff like that, but nothing changes.
I would like my backup information to remain synced, I just really need to have that space on my tablet drive to be free again.

Does anyone know what to do?

(I couldn't figure out in which section to write this..!)

A:How to remove un-sync OneDrive files from my decide

Hello Gnottino,

Check to make sure that you have the files saved in one of the OneDrive folders, and that the files and folder the files are in set to be "Available Online Only".

OneDrive - Available Offline or Online in Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55158-how-remove-un-sync-onedrive-files-my-decide.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I would love to sync emails in my desktop (Windows 7, choice of windows live mail or thunderbird) and laptop (windows vista, choice of windows mail, currently in use and therefore preferable, or thunderbird).

Would it be possible to do it by using a file sharing/sync service like Dropbox? My ideia is to chage the file storage location for my email files in both computers to a folder inside my dropbox.

Will it work? Do Windows Mail (Vista) and Windows Live Mail (7) use the same type of file?

Thanks!!

A:sync email in 2 PCs sharing storage files (dropbox)

I use Thunderbird on 2 different machines. What I do is set it to delete the mail on my mail server after 2 days. Then I set it to only download new messages. If I want a copy of the email on both machines I get the mail from the secondary machine before the stuff on the server is deleted. If it's junk mail, I use an email notification app to delete it on the server. Less chance of picking up a nasty if you delete all the crap on the mail server.

Your setup is a bit different. I haven't used DropBox so I can't speak to it in particular.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/280957-sync-email-2-pcs-sharing-storage-files-dropbox.html
Relevancy 91.16%

It is the problem which pepole meet in their daily life .

Now It is a software called : Tansee iPod Transfer.

http://www.92download.com/wiki/Tansee_iPod_Transfer

A:how to sync an iPod to a library on another computer without erasing the files?

I downloaded a trial version of Copy Trans Suite, it worked perfectly.

http://www.copytrans.net

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-sync-an-ipod-to-a-library-on-another-computer-without-erasing-the-files.923913/
Relevancy 91.16%

I'm trying to set up two way sync between some files on my laptop and a network drive so that changes made to either the copy on the network or on my laptop get propagated to each other. I've read the instructions for setting up an "offline file" sync, which is a one way sync. The instructions usually mention that it's possible to set up a two-way sync, but they never actually describe how to do it. Anyone know?

A:Setting up a 2-way sync between local files and network drive

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Have you done any researched on SkyDrive or Dropbox, might be a good option for you and they will sync both ways? I use the Free version and both works for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/238254-setting-up-2-way-sync-between-local-files-network-drive.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi,

I'm currently using Windows Sync centre to sync file to my laptop from the network so they can be accessed and worked on while disconnected from the server. The problem I have is that when I connect back to the server after having worked on a file when disconnected from the server the other users on the network can't see the file on the server even though it there are no sync conflicts or errors and I am able to see it on the server.

for some reason the file is hidden from the other users on the network whenever I sync a file I have worked on while offline.

Has anyone had any experience of this or know of a way to fix it.

Thanks

A:Windows Sync Hiding Synced files from Other Users

what is the attributes of the file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351384-windows-sync-hiding-synced-files-other-users.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Keep your files backed-up and synching together across all of your devices using OneDrive Desktop App for Windows which offers gb free cloud storage for each Windows Live Hotmail Outlook ID and sells more for cheap It can be Cloud with to the your OneDrive Store Backup Sync, Files and as easy as dragging anything you want backed up into OneDrive formerly SkyDrive folder which lives both on your HD and in the Cloud which is the gauzy name for MS Servers But with a few more minutes configuration you'll have your User folders stored in the cloud ready to access on the internet and sync'd to any of your devices After trying several methods for over a year I've settled on physically moving the active User folders to the OneDrive folder with the steps in User Folders - Change Default Location You can also place the OneDrive folder on any other HD but be Sync, Backup and Store your Files to the Cloud with OneDrive aware that if it is moved from C and you use Win Backup Imaging it will force the inclusion of the data drive to which Onedrive and or User folders are moved since they are System folders You can do the same on all your PC's and have one master set of files hosted and kept Sync'd this way by Onedrive even access them from any device anywhere via the internet share them publicly by invitation or link In using this method the only risk is if you'd delete a file or folder and have it sync on other devices before you realize you still need it In this case the file folder will be in each Recycle Bin For this reason I'd uncheck Recycle Bin in CCleaner so that it is only emptied manually when you have the chance to review contents Alternative method If you prefer not to move the User folders into Skydrive folder you can also copy each one there delete the content in the C User folder then rightclick each User folder in Onedrive to add it to the related Library - Include a Folder - Windows Forums If you use this Library method keep each empty C User folder in the Library so you can visually monitor if any files land there and simply drag them over to the Onedrive User folder You may want to leave some files which exceed the Onedrive size limit in C user folder so they don't cause an oversize error message

A:Sync, Backup and Store your Files to the Cloud with OneDrive

Hi Greg,

Sounds like a pretty nifty idea. I've got a similar idea and I'm sure there is a downside to it that escapes me at the moment, but instead of copying why not just change the location of your user's document folder from its default location, i.e. via right clicking on the folder, then properties, and then the location tab and choosing change location, and moving it to within your SkyDrive folder on your hard drive? I guess the down side would be every document you saved, unless you made a conscious effort to "Save As" in an alternative location, it would naturally if a document, be automatically saved in the "Default" user's documents folder, which now after the change in locations would happen to be the newly relocated user's "Documents" folder now inside the SkyDrive folder which gets synced to the cloud and you might not want it in the cloud. That's the only downside I can see. Can you think of others? I'm sure I got to be missing something...

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/275667-sync-backup-store-your-files-cloud-onedrive.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello everyone,
I'm facing the issue of having my university notes lost. I had the Windows8,1 OneNote application downloaded from the Store, three weeks after using it found out that OneNote 2013 was more suitable for my needs, so I downloaded and installed the program. Somewhere, during the "sync" /I am using the same Microsoft user name/, the notes I had in the App went missing. I only have the few "test" notes in the OneNote 2013. I tried checking the recycle bins, the OneDrive( Which btw was not in use at the time), and some advise I found on this forum to check the hidden "AppData" folder in my User, however it contains only the notes I created in OneNote 2013, no trace from the three weeks of notes on the OneNote App.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Alex

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/53947-onenote-windows8-app-files-lost-during-sync-onenote13.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have win 8,1

things i changed after stable system

deleted skydrive registry entries
installed acronis backup ( i activated scheduler but i disabled it ;problem still here )
i clicked on the taskbarflag saying (problems):: in my microsoft account i changed the security email
then in windows i was prompted please enter your password again :: after that problems began
evertime i store something on my desktop files / folder there are deleted in a random time
they just disappear and can be found nowhere

how can i troubleshoot this - its very wired

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45459-windows-8-1-after-update-hardcore-sync-error-files-del.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I want to be able to come home from a trip and have my Outlook files synchronize between both computers..also Word, Publisher, Excel would be nice. I'm sure this is a common request, but I haven't found a solution yet. I did try a program called "syncing" but removed it after I found files and folders duplicating out of control.

Relevancy 91.16%

Because I didn't think so, but now it seems maybe they do:

Windows 8.1 .bat file glitched

The only thing I can think of is that this person was using an MS account and had Synced his Settings including File Associations, so that when he did a Fresh Install of Windows 8, and logged in with the MS account, it ruined his File Association. We've tried everything to set the association to default, but maybe the OS is resetting it to what it was when it was Synced.

Anyone concur? Because I never thought File Associations were being synced, if this is the case it would explain a few unsolvable problems that have cropped up lately.

A:Does "Sync Your Settings" also Sync File Associations?

Hello Jon,

Nope. File associations are not synced. At least not on any of my systems.

Sync Your Settings - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32862-does-sync-your-settings-also-sync-file-associations.html
Relevancy 91.16%

ADULT PAGES POPPING UP OFFLINE, UNABLE TO REMOVE.

A:Unwelcome Sync.pop Up Offline

Welcome to TSG, FLY90MPH.

To help you identify the source of the problem we need to have a thorough look at your "startup profile". Go to the site below, download Startuplog.zip, unzip and run Startuplog.com. Copy and paste the full contents of Startuplog.txt (not stubbpaths.txt) to your next reply.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/Toys.html

And if you are not running an updated antivirus scanner, you should do an online scan here:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/pc_housecall/

Since you say these pages are popping up offline, you should also go to Internet Options and delete both the Temporary Internet Cache and its Offline content.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unwelcome-sync-pop-up-offline.68851/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello dears, my pc 'win 8.1 n x64' seems has been access & controlled remotely or i don't know if it's a virus.

I 've found the folder C:\Users\....\Downloads\Video was deleted w/ all of its content and also all the files in the folder C:\Users\....\Downloads\Music were deleted

since I installed windows "fresh install on a formatted disk" i had never changed the Advanced Security Settings of any folder but now i find the Share tab exists besides the Permissions tab and ther's Full Controll access to the users Administrators & Everyone and the type is Allow :(

I want to know why this happened .. is it from itunes or some other program or a virus or there's somebody accessing my comp. remotely

anyways i'll format but how to prevent this from happening again

the comp. is connected to the internet over wifi

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/need-help-files-and-folder-deleted-access-granted-to-everyony-user-814498.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I can t figure out this WD Sync software at all I first tried to help! - WD find on files Used hard can't drive Passport Sync and synched use it to copy all my files from my old computer to the Passport hard drive and then to my new computer That didn t seem to work because it wouldn t sync with my new computer so I ended up just dragging and dropping the old-fashioned way Now I m trying to use the Passport as a backup system where it will automatically update itself with any new files I ve created since the last backup I did set it to automatically synchronize when I Used WD Sync and can't find synched files on Passport hard drive - help! plug it in with the USB cable However after I selected my whole C drive to be synced I can t seem to find any of the synced files in the Passport drive What I see in the Passport after I ve synced is a folder labeled WD Sync Data When I go into that folder and then into my profile folder I see folders labeled with single letters each containing zillions of dml files I m about ready to give up on the WD Sync software Is there any other software I can use to get my Passport to backup my computer s hard drive where I can actually find the files I ve backed up I don t want to delete files from my hard drive after they ve been copied onto the Passport I just want Used WD Sync and can't find synched files on Passport hard drive - help! to have the extra copies in case my computer explodes or something Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/used-wd-sync-and-cant-find-synched-files-on-passport-hard-drive-help.882868/
Relevancy 89.87%

Here's an interesting one Employee at work is running windows on Accessed Denied Save Modified Files Offline to his laptop We're on a multi domain environment His location he employs a Buffalo NAS for all of his documents He has the NAS sync his folder to his laptop and has chosen to make the folder available for offline use That way when he goes home at night and isn't connected to the network he Accessed Denied to Save Modified Offline Files can still access his files Accessed Denied to Save Modified Offline Files Now he runs into problems when he's at home and Accessed Denied to Save Modified Offline Files say he accesses Document A in his offline folder He makes changes to Document A and tries to save Simple Error message given that access is denied to do so Items sync correctly he just can't save anything I haven't had much time to investigte it I doubt he's got all of his files set to read only but does anyone have any insight I don't have W machine handy at work I can test but I was able to modify my documents in my offline folder on XP and save them no troubles

A:Accessed Denied to Save Modified Offline Files

Turns out someone selected to do sync'ing with mr Trash can

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/139243-accessed-denied-save-modified-offline-files.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I can not get into any files from the start menu or any other way and if I try to load anything from the CD drive I get access Denied can't find "filename.exe". This computer is running windows 2000 and has 160 MB of ram and a 450 MHz CPU. It appears that if it has an .EXE file extension it will not work. Any suggestions?

A:Solved: Can't access files (Access Denied) exe files will not work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-files-access-denied-exe-files-will-not-work.274395/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I Live Sync Trojan Sync but doesn't now Vundo - Removed got a Vundo Virus on my XP desktop currently using my Vista Laptop and it took some doing but MalwareBytes seems to have cleaned it up I have notice two seemingly residual problems at least I never had these problems before Live Sync doesn t sync the files I have been syncing the XP desktop to the Vista laptop and never had an issue in fact it was one of the MS programs that I thought actually worked really well Now everything says that it s working Vundo Trojan - Removed but now Live Sync doesn't Sync but nothing is syncing I checked the Port Status Initiate Connection shows OK on all ports but Accept Connection has Blocked on all When I stop and restart Live Sync I can see the Vista laptop goes thru all of the files but does nothing after If I do the same on the XP it seems to look and find no files to sync I have tried uninstalling and re-loading on the XP no help My Windows phone would not sync with ActiveSync either I found a troubleshooting post that said to uncheck in USB- gt PC quot Enable advanced network functionality quot so I did and the phone did sync but before it did a warning came up on the phone saying that this would completely delete all contact calender and mail data and they would be re-loaded with the sync which IT did - took forever Did this Trojan screw with my syncing ability in a general way Thanks Randu nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vundo-trojan-removed-but-now-live-sync-doesnt-sync.963332/