Windows Support Forum

No internet in Win7 (wifi & wired & tethered), but all work in Ubuntu?

Q: No internet in Win7 (wifi & wired & tethered), but all work in Ubuntu?

First time post I'm on the verge of giving up working this out on my own Kindly let me know if I've failed to follow any forum decorum or done the basic checks on my in tethered), all & & Win7 Ubuntu? but in No wired (wifi internet work own or anything thanks I'm on Win Home Premium but dual-boot into Ubuntu most of the time Decided to try and upgrade to Win so boot into Win after months of not having been there and I have Windows Update do its thing On one of the reboots the internet stops working Here are the things I've tried and various combinations of them Restarted a lot Wireless Wired Tethered from phone wifi on two different phones Tethered from phone data on two different phones Uninstalled the NIC driver downloaded from manufacturer's website and reinstalled Uninstalling the Windows Updates System Restore but for some reason all my restore points don't work Restarted my router Restarted my modem Called my ISP and checked that nothing looked wrong Thing is all of the above wired wireless tethering all ways works in Ubuntu That probably suggests this is not a hardware issue Network and Sharing Center keeps suggesting that I am connected to the internet with every method of connecting that I have listed above but I can neither access any websites nor ping them I still can go to my router configuration page Attached is my ipconfig Please let me know what other things I should do to diagnose and solve my internet problem Thank you so so much for all your help I freaking want Win now No internet in Win7 (wifi & wired & tethered), but all work in Ubuntu? more than ever with all this happening

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381139-no-internet-win7-wifi-wired-tethered-but-all-work-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No internet in Win7 (wifi & wired & tethered), but all work in Ubuntu?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I have searched Google, this forum and others but I can't seem to find a yes or no on this topic.

I have an iPhone 3Gs, I can use it as a tethered modem fine and the speeds are pretty good (on a 3G network). At home I have 3G and Wifi ( wifi through my ISP). I can connect my phone and use it OR use wifi but I can't use both together.

I seem to recall in XP you could do modem doubling (correct me if that's not the correct terminology).

Does anyone know if Windows 7 can support this and how I might configure it?

OR possibly a 3rd party software.
Thanks for the help!
Information that you may need to help me.
Notebook - Windows 7 Ultimate
iPhone - iOS 4.0.1 - Tethered via USB
Wifi Belkin Router G

A:Wifi + Tethered iPhone Modem Doubling

How can you use 2 different methods to connect to the internet at the same time?
As far as I know, only 1 at a time will work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99811-wifi-tethered-iphone-modem-doubling.html
Relevancy 68.8%

ok here is what i have main desk top is and a and comps ps3 a and networking wired wifi 3 one wired wired printer help has this help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc AU PCB x C E B Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled it also has a belkin usbwifi alltel g air card what i need help with is want to conect and share the internet and files this comp though a linksys wrt g router that is wired to the ps and a d-link hub the d-link hub is wire to desk tops and a laptop and a hp printer where do i start for some reson i can only have ether my desktops and my main on net or my ps if ps is on and i want to start net on a comp i have to shut off ps and restart all comps what am i doing wrong nbsp

A:help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired

lets see an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-networking-3-comps-wired-one-wifi-and-a-wired-printer-and-a-ps3-wired.1020626/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to figure out this new as of a month ago hotspot It's a Verizon MIFI and I've used it both for WIFI and USB tethering The tethering has me confused though Every time I connect the device to the computer it asks me if I just want to charge it or use the USB tether option When I choose quot tether quot I next get a window on my computer asking what kind of network I want to set up - home work or public I think I always pick quot home quot because it's my home computer and usually the connection is fine after that but I've noticed that the name changes slightly each time It started with Network and is now up to Network I did try looking in the Network and Sharing Center for a way to delete all the extra networks and PC, USB every to hotspot, tethered WIFI network sets up different time just set up one that I could use whenever the device was tethered but I couldn't find a way to do that Next I was going to ask about it here but honestly - it didn't seem to be a priority Now though I'm periodically getting a message from Windows about an IP address conflict The message says there is another computer using the same IP address but that doesn't make sense - I have only one computer I don't know if it's related to the multiple quot home network quot s - and I apologize if WIFI hotspot, USB tethered to PC, sets up different network every time it isn't - but I think it's time to get this straightened out I did try a search online and here for both IP conflicts and home networks but they either didn't apply to my situation there was more than one computer involved or I couldn't understand them I did try some instructions I found on the Microsoft site that involved typing quot ipconfig quot at the cmd prompt but I'm not sure that did anything there were many lines of text that didn't make any sense to me I admit it - I'm severely quot network challenged quot I also tried just restarting the computer which of course restarted the device tether and I am still at quot Network quot I haven't seen the IP message in a while though So - is this message about the IP conflict related to the multiple if that's what they are home networks and if so how do I fix that Even if it isn't what can I do to avoid this in the future Obviously I have a connection now but I'm not sure it's going to continue I'm not sure what other info you need but here's some PC is Dell Latitude E laptop with gigs RAM Windows -bit Pro which as far as I know is up to date Thanks everyone

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382938-wifi-hotspot-usb-tethered-pc-sets-up-different-network-every-time.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N with Windows I have been using Time problem fine. with Wired internet access works Internet WiFi. Solved: Warner Internet It worked fine until yesterday WiFi stopped working out of the blue When I tried wired connection works pretty well Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. I do not recall any significant changes to my computer while this happened So now I can connect to the wifi hotspot but it says quot No Internet Connection quot When I connect the LAN wire with the WiFi router internet works The moment I remove it it says No Internet Access although computer is connected to the hotspot and signal is very well The drivers are being shown as up to date in device manager I tried following instructions given here http www wikihow com Repair-Winsock-and-TCP IP This didn t work Problem persists I have been through some threads around here This is the ipconfig output C Users Depp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Depp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter CableNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. A -BA-DB-D - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A B EA- DDD- CED- D- F D D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBBDDF -CCAB- EFF- C - F D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-ACB - - A-EFCE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-access-problem-with-wifi-wired-internet-works-fine.1088713/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a linksys WRT GS wireless router and a Sprint Modem and I am using Windows Vista I can get internet by connecting with a wire to the router but not wirelessly only getting local connection with wireless Settings for Linksys Router Internet Connection Type Automatic Configuration - DHCP -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Optional Settings required by some ISPs Router Name Host Name Domain MTU Auto Size Greyed out but says -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Setup Router IP Local IP Address Subnet Mask -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Address Server Settings DHCP DHCP Server Enabled Starting IP Address Maximum Number of DHCP Users Client Lease Time minutes means one day Static DNS Static DNS Static DNS WINS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Settings for the Sprint Series Modem System Status System Name EMBARQ ZyNOS F W Version V ACZ DSL FW Version TI AR Standard ADSL G dmt WAN Information IP Address IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway Active Can't can when wired on wifi get internet but DNS Primary DNS Secondary DNS VPI VCI LAN Information MAC Address f a d IP Address IP Subnet Mask DHCP Server DHCP Start IP DHCP Pool Size Primary DNS Secondary DNS IPCONFIG in Command Prompt when used on my Vista when connected to the router wired AND wirelessly Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Can't get internet on wifi but can when wired Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe d f d ff c b IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe dc d fe e cd IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e cba b c Link-local IPv Address fe cba b Can't get internet on wifi but can when wired c Default Gateway Need any more info just ask although i doubt u will P S dont really care if u guys know all this also do i need to look into bridging my modem with my Router and exactly what IS bridging and what does it do Oh AND whats the difference between LAN and WAN nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Good afternoon Geeks.

Because Virgin are lame they are making me wait over a monthy to sort my broadband so i need a temporary solution.

I've been looking into Mifi devices as pay as you go/ rolling contracts however most of the devices lack an ethernet port.

My question is can internet me transfered from the mifi device to my pc via a usb/ micro usb cable?

If yes, can i usb-usb my pc to a second pc so they BOTH have internet access.

A quick response would be beneficial.

Kind Regards.

A:Need Wifi Internet Connect Wired To Pc/ 2pc's

Do both PCs have Wi-Fi?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/need-wifi-internet-connect-wired-to-pc-2pcs.304891/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey everyone I have an issue with internet connectivity I used the internet via wifi yesterday and it worked fine Turned the computer on after hours and no internet Must have lost power during that time no lights on modem router so I rebooted the modem router and laptop I showed connected to the wifi with or Wifi Wired No Solved: Internet no internet My father had me plug in directly out of the modem I did this and still had no internet Our modem showed a flashing pc activity light Solved: No Internet Wifi or Wired wifi and wired Tried a wifi hotspot today and showed connected with no internet When I ran the troubleshoot Solved: No Internet Wifi or Wired I received the following home and hotspot Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource DNS server is not responding My computer works fine otherwise Also my parent s laptop works like a champ last night and today on the internet wifi Trying to get this cleared up before classes start next week There may be a slight delay in my responses due to the problem Any help is truly appreciated Thanks Golferguy s Daughter nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Tech Support Guy System Info or Wifi Wired Internet No Access: Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB No Internet Access: Wifi or Wired Motherboard LENOVO KL Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I cannot connect to the internet via my router either by wifi or ethernet cable It was all working fine until a couple of hours ago I can get online by using my phone as a hotspot and connected to the laptop via the USB cable The phone is connected to the router via WIFI and works find So do other laptops on the same router When I do I diagonse problem in Windows I get quot the DNS server isn t No Internet Access: Wifi or Wired responding quot message I ve tried doing an ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdnd to no avail Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I've been having trouble with my internet connection for the past few days. It seems to be a battle between my router and modem, but my question is about the sidebar on windows 8. When I click on the internet connection icon (?) in the lower right hand corner, the sidebar appears, showing the internet connectivity. My PC is wired to the router and modem, so should I need to connect to my router listed under the WiFi listing? Can I be wired and wireless at the same time? And if so, will it cause problems?

A:Internet Connection - WiFi & Wired?

If you are plugged in with a cable and connected wirelessly then Windows will default to the faster connection which is usually the wired one. As soon as you unplug the cable then the wireless connection will be the connection you are using. No problems with that at all.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26201-internet-connection-wifi-wired.html
Relevancy 67.51%

After latest Microsoft update on 9/25/2016 I can not connect to the internet either wired or WIFI. Says network adapter is working fine.  Uninstalled and reinstalled another driver version in compatability mode but no help.  running the troubleshooter it says can not automatically bind to IP address??  Any thoughts?  Was windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 about 2 months ago with no issues.  Can't find a windows 10 driver for my network adapter.  I think it's a Broadband 4313.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-can-not-connect-to-the-internet-either-wired-or-WIFI-after/td-p/5782565
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, I know the dangers of using public unsecured Wifi or wired connections, such as, those at hotels.

I am thinking about purchasing a VPN based public wifi protection firewall, such as, the one offered by Comodo, Comodo TrustConnect for vacation

TrustConnect Wi-Fi Internet Security Features:
Securely encrypts all data transmitted over both wired and wireless Internet connections
Creates a Virtual Private Network to hide all personal web-surfing information
Utilizes industry-standard 128-bit encryption

Is it going to be the equivalent of my home wifi that is secure with password?

Any other products you guys know of and trust for this purposes?

Thanks!

A:Public Wifi/Wired Internet Question-Help Please

Generally this would be similar to using a proxy server when connected to another network. There are software based options available for proxy VPN services online that are relatively inexpensive (roughly $30.00 per year) and is as simple as opening a software and using a username and password to login.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551342/public-wifiwired-internet-question-help-please/
Relevancy 66.65%

Im an american that relocated to canada to play online poker Internet in building? for to internet it possible get a wifi shared me Is wired is very important to me First place i stayed at the internet was wifi very very bad and unreliable Moved to another apartment and was told internet here in this building is Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building? very fast in montreal uses videotron Well many times the internet has problems and doesn't connect or works but it disconnects on and off or is very very slow basically doesn't work Thing is when i was looking for an apartment i have to look for a furnished place and of course internet Some places they told me the internet has both wired internet and wireless I prefer wired b c its more reliable At this building internet is wireless wifi and shared between apartments I use the internet more than anyone im pretty Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building? sure People here probalby just go online very little a day but to me i need it on all day The router is about floor Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building? when i go down the stairs Its basically in this room where there are routers there and connections I was told if internet is ever slow or doesn't work just go there and unplug the router wait minute then plug it back in I did that last time and it worked but didn't work that well and i had to wait a while for the wifi to work My quesiton is is there a way for me to get wired internet I know some apartments here in montreal have option of wired as well I wonder how this would be even possible I mean is each apartment given a router and a modem inside the apartment Or would they have to connect a wire from the modem in the apartment to the router outside the apartment I know you can call and have wired internet installed from a company but probably is i only need it for few months and i think many only do year contracts Does anyone know what other options i have I think the other option is to get a wireless internet stick and use that if my wifi doesn't work Again my building is a bunch of apartments that are all furnished and everything with cable tv and internet and electricity I had moved here b c i was told the internet was very fast and reliable but its not that reliable I dont even care about speed that much i just cannot have disconnections Thoughts

A:Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building?

The fact that residents have access to the router at any time would be a big concern for me personally in terms of security especially if I was doing online poker. I take it the routers are small Linksys or smaller types of routers rather than enterprise grade? 16 apartments sharing the same wireless signal with potentially multiple devices in an apartment! That will simply kill any end user wireless router. Since you technically aren't authorised to change anything I cannot offer any support that would require configuration changes on the router end.

Do any other people suffer the same issue? Do you receive any disconnections on public WiFi? This can help determine if your machine is the issue or the supposedly throttled wireless network.

When obtaining a wired apartment, you will normally get an RJ45 hole in the wall with a cable to which you can then connect a single device or router for network connectivity. You will not need a modem at all. Your wired connection will pass through the building where your bandwidth will be controlled and then routed to the internet.

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308129-possible-me-get-wired-internet-wifi-shared-building.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all i use a laptop that has Ethernet and WiFi cards usually i use WiFi only as default internet source but when i connect the Ethernet cable- gt the WiFi network doesn't stop or shut down automatically -in such situation does really network act parallel -is there a way to quot tell quot windows that when Ethernet network is on WiFi network adopter will close it self i don't want to Disabling enabling in device manager every time Thanx edit i Internet Wired to the at wifi connections time? same and the tried this but didn't work quot You can change the order in which Windows connects to different network adapters to do this go to the Network Connections window there press Alt select Advanced gt Advanced connections open the Adapters and Bindings Tab There you can change the order of the network adapters in your case try placing your LAN connection to the top of the list this should cause windows to use the braodband Ethernet connection when it's available and only go via wireless when not quot

A:Wired and wifi connections to the Internet at the same time?

Quote: Originally Posted by prukeyhi

~~~
-in such situation does really 2 network act parallel?
~~~

Not normally. It would take special software to make that happen and probably a special router.

Quote: Originally Posted by prukeyhi

~~~
-is there a way to "tell" windows that when Ethernet network is on , WiFi network adopter will close it self?
~~~

You might check to see if the Wireless Network Adapter has a "disable upon wired connect" setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386821-wired-wifi-connections-internet-same-time.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 65.79%

I've a wired network at home like this:

Code:
Internet
|
ADSL Router
|
Dlink Switcher
|
I'm going to buy a new tablet (ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10), which supports internet through wifi. I was wondering how can I share the internet access with the new device? What new devices should I buy and what changes are required to my network setup?

Thanks in advance.

A:How to share wired Internet access with WiFi device

I figured it out, I need an AP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-share-wired-internet-access-with-wifi-device.199110/
Relevancy 65.36%

i have Lenovo thinkpad e531 x64 win 8

I just got new speed internet and when I connect my computer using ethernet it's signifiantly slower than wireless on the same laptop.

On my other laptop the wired produces very fast results (faster than wifi) so the problem is my laptopr's ethernet connection.

what can i do?

My ISP provider came with his working laptop, pluging in my ethernet cable in his laptop and the internet speed it was 300mb/s.
and on my laptop is 17 mb/s....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383335-wired-internet-speed-much-slower-then-wifi-lenovo-thinkpad.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So just this past weekend I re-installed Windows 8.1 on my dad's ASUS Notebook (K55N), but now its WiFi internet speed is a good ~25% slower vs wired directly to the router (Linksys E4200), that was definitely not the case prior to the fresh install. I did run Windows Update just after the install just to make sure it downloaded the latest driver for the WiFi Network Adapter (it did download one).

Power Plan is set to High Performance.

I really have no idea what's going on, my dad has another laptop, and there, its internet speed is exactly the same Wireless vs Wired.

I really need your help here, thanks.

ASUS K55N: Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

A:ASUS Notebook WiFi internet speed slower vs wired

Sometimes the Windows update drivers make things worse. Did you try the ASUS drivers? Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47933-asus-notebook-wifi-internet-speed-slower-vs-wired.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Alright so this is my dilemma I am connected to the internet through a wired connection I am also setting up a wireless printing network Here is the problem whenever I connect to the wireless router so that I can share my printer I cannot browse on the internet The vista network logo on the toolbar also loses the quot earth quot in the symbol but yet says that I am connected to local and internet Now what really confuses me is that I can still use AIM but yet both firefox and IE does not connect to the internet As soon as I disconnect from the Wireless network my internet comes right back the Solved: internet separate to Cannot when WiFi wired browse a connected I have searched for hours on this and could not find much other than changing my metric setting which also didn t change anything I believe it is a vista setting because others with Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi the same basic setup except for the fact that they have XP can still connect to the WiFi and browse the internet through the LAN Here is a link to a screenshot of my computer specs http img imageshack us my php image specsht jpg And here are my IPCONFIG results when connected to both Wired and Wireless Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users schmiddj gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name schmiddj-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi Area Network Physical Address - - - C- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- -CB-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Mittwoch November Lease Expires Sonntag Dezember Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R MM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - F- - C-A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ac b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a ca df f fdfc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe df f fdfc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DDD A -AABE- -BD - C F C br AC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users schmiddj gt Any help is much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi

The direct solution to your problem is to assign a static IP address (make sure it is outside the wireless router Dhcp server's address range) and mask, leaving the Gateway and DNS blank.

Windows XP defaults to the wired connection when multiple Gateways are specified, which may explain why the other PCs do not have the same problem.

There is a reason why you need to use two different networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-browse-the-internet-wired-when-connected-to-a-separate-wifi.766271/
Relevancy 63.64%

Help!!

I got a new Compaq CQ40 laptop and i can't connect to the wired or wifi internet at work..

i've tried everything i've seen on the firums..

it works fine on both wired and wifi at home..

also i was able to connect wired top our lan when i first bought it a week agao.

A:Can't Connect to the internet at work both wired and wi

It would seem at work you may have some network restrictions setup by your Network admin there. And what ports are available for networking connections etc. You would be best to check with your Network people first.

What can you tell us about your work network, wifi setups?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59372-cant-connect-internet-work-both-wired-wi.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I use two computers one with the Internet connection and the other computer connects to this computer to get its Internet connection as well The connection has been working for a couple of days and now its just messed up and the SP2) on (XP Internet wired won't work network second computer can t get its Internet access though it can connect Internet on wired network won't work (XP SP2) to the network I also don t understand why there is a lease obtained and lease expires part as well Thanks for your help -------------------------------------------------------------------------- this is the settings for the computer with the internet connection -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name k-slue d yebd Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - F- -E - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway PPP adapter UK Online Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled ---------------------------------------------------------------- this is for the computer without the internet connection ---------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name r-u dvfevpcg b Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - F- -F - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a E1-570 and installed Win7, however no matter what drivers I have installed for the driver, the laptop is still not detecting it.

I have done everything on this this thread WiFi Driver for Acer E1-570 and still nothing is resolved.

So I am taking Maxie's suggestion and posting my query here (unsure if this was posted before)

P.S. I'm a novice when it comes to these things. Please be lenient on me if I do come across stupid and igorant.

Many thanks in advance!

A:Aspire E1-570 running on Win7, but WiFi driver does not work

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Are there any errors in the Device Manager ? ...
Does the Network Adapter not show up in the Device Manager ? ...

Which Drivers did you try to Install from the Asus Website ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343668-aspire-e1-570-running-win7-but-wifi-driver-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey
I'm in Australia and my ISP is Telstra Bigpond. I have a Telstra 2071-A modem and a Blekin N wireless router. I am using the wireless computer atm because the wired computer cannot stay connected to the internet for longer than a couple of minutes if at all. This computer has no issues at all with its connection.
No idea what this could be as I have not done much in the way of networking

A:Internet wont work on wired computer

Does the wireless computer work with a wired connection to the router? I'd like to determine if this is the computer or the router.

I'd also try booting the wired computer in Safe Mode with Networking and see if it disconnects the same way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-wont-work-on-wired-computer.812226/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Linksys wirless-g router. My operating system is Windows Vista. About a month ago my wireless quit working. I get a error message "Cannot Communicate with primary DNS server" (Network pinged the remote host but did not receive a response). When I hook my home computer to the modem wired I have the internet, but when I try to use the router I have no internet. I have followed the steps with unpluging modem and router and pluging back up. I have also flushed the dns and rolled back the adapter, that also didn't help. I would appreciate any help.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi could someone please help me my net was working fine last night in vista now all of a sudden it wont work I though it was something wrong with my internet so i phoned my ISP work all works a in My on but Internet Ubuntu. wont of vista sudden and they couldn't figure out what was wrong and told me to change my Ethernet cables and My Internet wont work on vista all of a sudden but works in Ubuntu. said everything looked ok on there end so i changed cables and it still did not work so i just happened to get a free ubuntu CD in the mail the other day so i popped it in and tried out the live CD and my net works fine here On vista i went to my services to check and see if all the services were running but i noticed alot that had to do with network wouldn't start such as DCHP client and they all gave me errors when i try to start them Heres a little video i made showing the services and such http www screencast com t B iPEycojh If someone could help me i would be so grateful i miss my vista I have broadband i think so the net normally starts on its own i dont normally have to enter passwords or start up any connections Thanks

A:My Internet wont work on vista all of a sudden but works in Ubuntu.

from what i can find it could well be a registry problem suggest you run recovery console sorry iam not that well up on this maybe one of the mods will be able to answer you better

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-internet-wont-work-on-vista-all-of-a-sudden-but-works-in-ubuntu-328783.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi There Currently have two laptops with once internet router We have a -Port Mbps Desktop Switch TL-SF D Rather than connect directly to the router we want to connect the laptops to the switch so both laptops can be connected to the internet at the same time On one of the laptops a Toshiba T the internet works both when connected directly to the router and to the 1 Another not work Internet does Switch Via Solved: for Computer Does Wired for switch On a second laptop a Dell the internet works when connected directly to the router but not when connected to the switch We have checked both cables so something must be wrong with the Dell Any ideas The IPConfig All for the Toshiba when connected directly to the router is Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name BSCNotebook Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List grandenetworks net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - A- - C Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix grandenetworks net Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connect ion Physical Address -A -D - -AF- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Solved: Wired Internet Via Switch does not work for 1 Computer Does for Another Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network from TOSHIBA Physical Address - - A-F - -E The IPConfig All for the Toshiba when connected to the switch is Code Solved: Wired Internet Via Switch does not work for 1 Computer Does for Another Windows IP Configuration Host Name BSCNotebook Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List grandenetworks net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - A- - C Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix grandenetworks net Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connect ion Physical Address -A -D - -AF- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network from TOSHIBA Physical Address - - A-F - -E The IPConfig All for the Dell when connected DIRECTLY to the Router is Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dell Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List grandenetworks net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix grandenetworks net Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -C - - F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM The IPConfig All for the Dell when connected to the switch is Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dell Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -C - - F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Clearly there is something wrong here Any ideas Thankyou nbsp

A:Solved: Wired Internet Via Switch does not work for 1 Computer Does for Another

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-internet-via-switch-does-not-work-for-1-computer-does-for-another.1121911/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all,I ran into a peculiar problem with my Windows 7 Desktop. Whenever I am using my phone's internet on my PC via tethering (not when browsing the phone's SD card), my softwares hang and crash. Or if I try starting the software once I am connected to the net, the software wont start till the USB is plugged out. Software starts as soon as the usb is disconnected. Searched the net for solutions but it seems that there is more than one reason why this happens and hence different specific solutions. Dont know which one should I try. Like removing the yellow marked device in device manager dint work.Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158517.0.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all,

I ran into a peculiar problem with my Windows 7 Desktop. Whenever I am using my phone's internet on my PC via tethering (not when browsing the phone's SD card), my softwares hang and crash. Or if I try starting the software once I am connected to the net, the software wont start till the USB is plugged out. Software starts as soon as the usb is disconnected. Searched the net for solutions but it seems that there is more than one reason why this happens and hence different specific solutions. Dont know which one should I try. Like removing the yellow marked device in device manager dint work.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629543/software-hangs-when-using-usb-tethered-internet/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I formatted both my laptop and desktop computer When i did with my laptop everything was great Wireless still worked Of course i have my linksys router connected to get the wireless I then formatted my desktop Its a dell When i did this everything seemed great However i noticed that if i remove my wireless router and just connect my cable modem wired it works However when i connect my wireless router then my wireless internet works but my WIRED connection does not work It has this message that says can't connect Can someone help me here I don't think this has ever happened before I mean there were many times where my Works, Wireless Wired Doesn't Internet Connection Work desktop got formatted and my wired internet worked and i could not get my wireless connection to work But never had i had my wireless work and my wired connection not work Can someone help me on this The one thing i did this time was after i installed the drivers with my windows cd i then deleted the old windows file that was about gb Could that be a Wireless Internet Works, Wired Connection Doesn't Work reason

A:Wireless Internet Works, Wired Connection Doesn't Work

Hello Dynamite, My name is Dusty, and hopefully I am able to help you out some.

Do you have windows updated? Also, Windows update can check for drivers automatically.

Do you have a LAN driver and wireless adapter driver installed? If windows update doesn't find them, look them up on your motherboard's manufacturer's website and your adapter's manfacturer's website, respectively.

Follow this link to uninstall/reinstall wireless adapter: Internet speed suddenly slow?. Believe it or not, It may help with your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200719-wireless-internet-works-wired-connection-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a smartphone with a limited data plan. I want to tether my laptop thru the phone. Can I limit what my laptop is trying to do on the web, ie no Adobe updates, Win updates, Norton,etc.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-limit-internet-accesswhen-tethered-thu-phone.963930/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Acer Desktop PC Model AM sis ethernet adapter webstar dpx series cable in Ubuntu No Boot 9.10: Vista Ubuntu Connection Dual and Internet modem After setting up a dual Dual Boot Vista and Ubuntu 9.10: No Internet Connection in Ubuntu boot system successfully Vista connects to internet via ethernet Ubuntu does not sis ethernet driver is updated to latest version I can access the internet from Ubuntu however after shutting down the pc unplugging the power cord removing the cmos battery and reinstalling I reinsert the power cord and boot up as normal into Ubuntu and have full access to internet Simply removing reinserting ethernet cord removing reinserting pc or cable modem power cord or resetting cable modem does not work I am asking if there is a solution as to where I can log off Vista and restart pc into Ubuntu and have internet access automatically bypassing Dual Boot Vista and Ubuntu 9.10: No Internet Connection in Ubuntu all these steps I ve explained After perusing multiple forums where people have described similar if not same issues I ve yet to find a solution to this I ran ipconfig in Vista and have the results I ran ifconfig in Ubuntu and have the Dual Boot Vista and Ubuntu 9.10: No Internet Connection in Ubuntu results As these results may contain information that can present a vulnerability regarding system ip identification I have omitted them here If needed I will respond via personal message with the contents Thank you in advance for your continued contributions in aiding the computer world quot handicapped quot nbsp

A:Dual Boot Vista and Ubuntu 9.10: No Internet Connection in Ubuntu

Ubu 9.10 has known issues

If you are using Ubuntu 9.10, it has known issues with the built-in Network Manager and DSL modems (and presumably Cable modems as well)..

Currently, there is no fix (short of going back to 8.10 or hoping it is fixed in Ubu10 due out in April (iirc). Sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-boot-vista-and-ubuntu-9-10-no-internet-connection-in-ubuntu.142344/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello Like many people in this forum I have trouble in Windows getting a working internet connection three wifi bars with a yellow exclamation mark I had a Realtek RTL CU usb wireless adapter which had issues internet access [Win7/Win8] connection, no Wifi After trying almost every solution on the internet [Win7/Win8] Wifi connection, no internet access I bought a different USB Adapter a Sitecom WLA- [Win7/Win8] Wifi connection, no internet access with the latest drivers Same problem I have reinstalled Windows multiple times and also Windows Now I m back at Windows My Windows workstation is the only device that does not get connected to the internet There is a XP laptop I am on right now several mobile phones tablets and a Macbook All work without any problem or configuration needed I reset my router multiple times tried different firmwares turning off ipv disabled firewall no antivirus Right now I have disabled my Firewall and removed ESET Nod which came with the Windows installation Below is my ipconfig all from the PC that is not working below that is the XP laptop that is working The PC is in Dutch I hope that s not a problem In my router a Zyxel P HNUF I can see my PC is connected But from the PC I can not access the router through ping or on the web interface code Windows IP-configuratie Hostnaam Jeroen-PC Primair DNS-achtervoegsel Knooppunttype hybride IP-routering ingeschakeld nee WINS-proxy ingeschakeld nee DNS-achtervoegselzoeklijst home Draadloos LAN-adapter voor Draadloze netwerkverbinding Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel home Beschrijving Sitecom WiFi USB adapter N Fysiek adres - C-F -FE- - DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja IPv -adres voorkeur Subnetmasker Lease verkregen vrijdag juni Lease verlopen zaterdag juni Standaardgateway DHCP-server DNS-servers NetBIOS via TCPIP ingeschakeld Ethernet-adapter voor LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Giga t Ethernet Controller NDIS Fysiek adres - - D- -CD- DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft Teredo Tunneling-adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor isatap B B - - D D-BB C- E F Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor isatap home Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel home Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld jaClick to expand code Windows IP-configuratie Host-naam jeroen-c e Primair DNS-achtervoegsel Knooppunttype onbekend IP-routering ingeschakeld nee WINS-proxy ingeschakeld nee DNS-achtervoegselzoeklijst home Ethernet-adapter LAN-verbinding Status van medium medium ontkoppeld Beschrijving Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Fysiek adres - A- - A-CD-C Ethernet-adapter LAN-verbinding Status van medium medium ontkoppeld Beschrijving Iomega Virtual Ethernet Adapter Fysiek adres - - - E- - Ethernet-adapter Draadloze netwerkverbinding Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel home Beschrijving Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Fysiek adres - -E -DC- B- DHCP ingeshakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja IP-adres Subnetmasker Standaardgateway DHCP-server DNS-servers Lease verkregen vrijdag juni Lease verlopen zaterdag juni Click to expand Thanks in advance nbsp

A:[Win7/Win8] Wifi connection, no internet access

Can you get internet access via ethernet?

Run the ESET Uninstaller if you haven't already.

What other firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-win8-wifi-connection-no-internet-access.1100669/
Relevancy 58.91%

My wifi router is normally placed on the first floor. When I go upstairs and try to connect to my laptop wifi to the internet, it will not work. The problem is, my laptop cannot find the network on the wifi list. I've been using the wifi on my laptop in my room upstairs for years yet all of a sudden today it stopped working.

I tested it with my phone on the exact same spot as my laptop and the internet connected just fine.

I moved my laptop to the basement and also tried the first floor and it worked fine. The Network Adapter driver is working fine from what I've seen.

Could it be because there is a setting on my laptop that it will not try to look for the wifi that is not close enough? If there is any missing information feel free to ask. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390676-no-longer-able-connect-internet-using-my-laptop-wifi-win7.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm in an apartment that has cable internet and i use the wifi The first months i rarely had any issues besides a few random disconnects where i connect back and its working perfectly Wifi Doesn't Internet Work/Disconnects Few days ago the electricity Internet Wifi Doesn't Work/Disconnects went out for close to days Then once electricity came back internet worked as well but the thing is the wifi seems to have lot of issues Some times it would work but then many hours it wouldn't so i have to connect to Internet Wifi Doesn't Work/Disconnects the internet using my iphone by tethering it as a hot spot Im also out of the usa at the moment so data here is very expensive so i dont watch youtube or anything like that when tethering the internet Is there a way to find out why my internet wifi is behaving like this The thing is i'm wondering could it be something with my laptop itself because i have had issues with it last few days I also seen the so called blue screen i had never seen that before with this laptop ever Had this happen multiple times as well Each time it does i let it load then i restart it to safe mode then restart it to regular mode The thing is i connect to the router by wired internet at the moment so i only use the wifi However right now im not sure percent if this is an internet problem or it could possibly be my laptop but i lean heavily for it to my cable internet Is there a way to find out Also i can connect to the wifi and it will show the bars even when i can't visit sites etc

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I'm seeking assistance to get connected with my pc to the Internet as I need it for work.. All of a sudden it has lost it's connection and when I run windows network diagnostics it reports
" there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection".

All my wifi devices work as normal.

I have tried several reboots of the router and changed the LAN cables around but no difference.

Any help much appreciated.

Thankyou.

A:No Internet on desk top but all wifi devices work perfect.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Can you please provide an ipconfig/all output for review by following this Tutorial?

Also, do a snip of your Network Adapters in Device Manager make sure to expand it and post it here please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307068-no-internet-desk-top-but-all-wifi-devices-work-perfect.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey all First time poster and a little stumped here and looking for some troubleshooting advice I'll try to keep this as brief as possible while still sharing plenty of details I work as an IT Specialist for a small organization primarily as help desk support but since we're small I wear a lot of hats On Monday of this week a user came to me complaining they couldn't get on our WiFi with their work laptop I checked all the obvious things no dice noticed no other users were experiencing any issues so since Mondays are crazy around here I set Hotspot - internet OK - issue?? Firewall - WiFi LAN OK on No work him up with a Loaner machine and I didn't get to his machine until Tuesday Spent most of the day Tuesday troubleshooting and still haven't found a solution Here is our equipment User laptop - Lenovo T s Win Enterprise full admin rights we have a lax environment due to small size Server - Windows Server R configured to hand out DHCP Firewall - Sonic Wall N recently purchased and configured by vendor hands out DHCP on VLAN amp our BYOD amp Guest networks WiFi - Ruckus system installed late Consists of Ap's our office has office space on two sides of a building with a hall in the middle Here is the scenario User can dock their laptop which is then hard lined to Ethernet and it accesses the web our file server print server etc If they undock however it will connect to our work WiFi initially show an quot quot stating no internet connection then it will go to quot Internet Access quot after a moment Once there the user has access to our server printers and anything on our network but no access to the web When you try to open a browser it simply tries to load for a few moments then times out and shows an error page However if I connect the user laptop to a hotspot or wireless network outside our office it works fine What I have tried thus far in no particular order -Unchecked IPv -Set IPv to static no change -Set back to Obtain DHCP back to static back to Obtain multiple times to ensure it wasn't just getting the same IP from the pool and instead seeing change which I did -Tried pinging various workstations on our network the gateway the DNS server printers etc all worked fine But when trying to ping an outside address like google com it would show the IP address of google but comes back as timed out -Check wireless adapter for latest driver Updated Then uninstalled and re-installed driver -Ran virus can no results found Disabled McAfee Saas Antivirus software that is tied to our SonicWall no results Then uninstalled No change No internet on work WiFi - LAN OK - Hotspot OK - Firewall issue?? Re-installed -Ran Malware Bytes no results no change -Logged onto Ruckus WiFi GUI and could see it properly connecting showing MAC address showing user as quot Authorized quot and compared what channel he was connected to compared to other known working users -Logged onto SonicWall Firewall ensured user hadn't some how fallen out of Authorized quot Employee quot group or had any other red flags associated to their account - Finding none started looking at the log files Only thing that associated to the IP address of this user was one instance of a dropped TCP packet -RDC into server and checked Active Directory to see if somehow the profile had become corrupt or other red flags Saw none -Logged onto user computer with my work profile as well as the System Admin profile to see if the profile was the issue both failed to connect to internet -Checked Windows Event Viewer log Did see a number of Error DHCP-Client failed to obtain IP address errors However the time stamps didn't line up as a continuous issue and also compared those errors to a known working machine and they both had about the same number of occurenses so moved on -Checked Windows Services and stopped and started the DHCP Service no change I'm sure I did a few other things but that is the brunt of what I recall doing yesterday At this point I'm just running out of ideas My depth of k... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399991-no-internet-work-wifi-lan-ok-hotspot-ok-firewall-issue.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

My internet has suddenly stopped working on my windows 7 machines but it still works on my xp machines. i am connected to the network but all my windows 7 machines tell me i got no access to the internet wich i don't seem to have either.

so im asking here for a soulotion.

my router is a Samsung Gigaset SE551 WLAN dsl/cable along with a zylexel modem and a d-link router.
and the windows 7 computers is a laptop and a stationary computer both x64 systems. (the laptop runs with the wirless network comming from the samsung router and the stationary runs with network cable from the d-link router)

A:Internet doesn't work on win7 machine

Varying on your Network Adapter/Driver, you may have to allow your TCP/IP & DNS to set automatically, rather than manually. If anything, the easiest way to check for issues is to right click on your "Network" Icon in your System Tray, and click "Troubleshoot Problems".

Manual Steps:

Rick Click the Network Icon in your System Tray.
Left Click "Open Network and Sharing Center".
In the Left window pane, click "Change Adapter Settings".
Right Click "Local Area Connection"
Left Click on "Properties" (and Allow the UAC)
Click on "Internet Protocol Version 6".
Click the "Properties" button.
Make sure the "Obtain {yada-yada} automatically" radio-box is selected on both the IP and the DNS.
Click OK.
Do the same for "Internet Protocol Version 4".
Restart your Computer

If the Issue still exists after these steps, verify that your Router or Modem is compatible with Windows 7.

Not all routers will work correctly with a Windows 7 based System.

Hope all is well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60527-internet-doesnt-work-win7-machine.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have BGN wireless 1000 won't internet WiFi Intel(R) work Link an hp pavilion dv dx win bit intel core duo The wifi was working fine with my remembered connections and connected automatically within Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN wireless internet won't work range Then it started saying limited connection and would not let me browse the internet After trouble shooting it said quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN wireless internet won't work Network Connection adapter quot So I uninstalled reinstalled Intel R WiFi Link BGN it was listed under network adapter so I'm assuming that means it is the adapter but I was told it is the driver Still confused on that A friend suggested that I delete my remembered connections now it just says no connections available Under network adapter properties even tried changing the channel width for band thats Value was set MHz only to Auto as I was instructed by my college IT guy I've searched for the drivers installed the one on the hp support site According to my model i have Atheros Wireless LAN Adapter in the devices supported list nothing that I thought was the adapter or driver was listed Downloaded the file they said contains the driver for that adapter didn't seem to do anything other than install Tried rebooting still nothing Anyone have any ideas or is it just a lost cause Thanks Allison

A:Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN wireless internet won't work

You could try backing up your data and re-loading your system from your backup software or from a restore point from before the start of your problem? That way the network adaptor will have a working driver installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/140439-intel-r-wifi-link-1000-bgn-wireless-internet-wont-work.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 55.04%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 54.61%

HI,

I have dictionary called the Unified Medical dictionary English-Arabic

anyway, i have the ISO file
i installed it on Win7 x32 with no problem

but i tried to install it on Winx64 but it says an error like "the setup file is not compatible with Win7 x64"

I tried to search for the x64 version but i had no success, google sometimes becomes lame u know....
I tried to just copy the already installed dictionary folders to Win7x64 but it didnt open cuz it seems that it needs to be installed

So is there any way to like edit that setup.exe file or something to work on x64 version cuz it seems if i can just bypass that step it will work

or like a work around the "copy whole folders" and get it to work
I really need some help with it,
thanks in advance,
Elsayed,

A:Is there a work around if Win7 x32 setup file wont work on Win7 x64

sometimes 32 bit applications have 16 bit installer and that won 't work on 64 bit system, but if this is not the case did you try to run installer in compatibility mode? (right click/properties/compatibility). Installer generally does three things: creates program directory, copies some DLL files to system directory and writes some data into registry. You could trace those things in Win32 installation and try manually recreate this on 64bit machine, but who knows if it will work. Also search for portable version, those don't require installation and frankly now a days I don't use anything else but portable applications unless there is no other way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/197145-there-work-around-if-win7-x32-setup-file-wont-work-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear allI had HP-AC179tx ubuntu OS. It is unable to connect slightly slow wifi connection. at same distance moblie mac and same laptop with windows is connecting. It has realteck wifi adopterPlease send soltion for ubuntu OS. When i go near to router then it working fine. it has serious problem with compare to other gadgets.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-not-wroking-ubuntu/td-p/5673328
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I am using laptop 15-ac122tu laptop its good but i am facing problems regarding wifi it's wifi have short range for ubuntu only.Its working fine for window 7 after installing driver i have strong wifi range.Always i have to sit front of wifi router. Please sove my issue. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Low-wifi-range-for-ubuntu-os/td-p/5807052
Relevancy 54.61%

Product Name: ProBook 450 G3Operating System: Linux (Ubuntu 15.10) Hi everyone!I've bought an HP ProBook 450 G3 and installed Ubuntu 15.10 on it. And Wifi keeps disconnecting.(And if connected! the internet speed is very low, I have verified the net speed with wired connection.)I tried to google the decigion, but failed. Please help me with my issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/ProBook-450-G3-Ubuntu-Wifi/td-p/5679457
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
I want Dual Boot Windows 7 Ultimate and Ubuntu.
Any ideas how? I don't want to mess up my computer.
Just with startup I want to choose Ubuntu or Windows 7.

I heard when you use Wubi you have hibernate problems. Is that also in windows or can't you just hibernate in Ubuntu but you can in Windows?

I already downloaded the iso and extracted it to my USB-Stick.

thx!

A:Ubuntu + win7

Hello Martin.

The best way to not have issues between Windows and Linux is to boot them from separtate Hard Disk Drives using the BIOS to select which HDD/OS to boot at PC startup; have a look at this info below for some ideas.

Information

The easiest way to do away with boot issues between separate Operating Systems (OS) is to use the BIOS one time boot menu to select which OS to boot at system startup, each motherboard has an individual hot-key to tap during system start-up to access this menu.

If you have 2 separate Hard Disk Drives (HDD) and have one OS installed to one HDD and you want to install another OS to the second HDD, disconnect the HDD with the first OS installed on it and leave only the HDD you want to install the second OS to connected.

Just be sure not to change where the original HDD SATA cable was connected, it has to be re-connected to the exact same port to avoid boot issues.

Install the second OS to the connected HDD and when complete and the system is booting good, power down and reconnect the first HDD with the first OS on it.

This way the OSs will boot independently of each other and there will be no boot conflicts between the 2 separate OSs to have to sort later.

Then set the BIOS to boot the HDD / OS you want as default and if you want to start the other (new) OS you use the BIOS one-time boot menu to select that HDD / OS to start when the PC is started.Asus - F8
HP/Compaq - Esc
Sony - F2
Acer – F12
Gateway - F10
eMachnes - F10
Toshiba - F12
Dell - F12
IBM/Lenovo - the blue Thinkvantage button

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/136080-ubuntu-win7.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an Omen computer. I want ot install Ubuntu as Dual Boot so i can switch from using Windows 10 to Ubuntu.Created a Windows backup in case it went wrong.As soon as I boot using a USB and Ubuntu in "try" mode (no installed), my Wi-Fi switch stops working, both for Windows 10 and Ubuntu.When I run a diagnose using Windows, i get (translated from Spanish) "Wireless functionality is deactivated".Have tried toggling the fn + F12, but that only puts me in "Airplane Mode" and back, with no results. Restored computer to my saved image and WiFi worked again; tried Ubuntu USB on try mode once more; same result, disabling wifi switch and funcionality both for Windows and Ubuntu. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/After-Trying-Ubuntu-Wifi-is-disabled-both-for-Windows-10-and/td-p/5629754
Relevancy 53.75%

I got a linux laptop but since, WIN10 received such good reviews, I swithed to it today.
Our college has a cyberoam network.
Before I could easily connect to the wifi network from Ubuntu but now, I can't.
I enter my username and password and it asks me that twice and then asks me again to refill.
It's not a bug, I can connect to other wifi networks other than my college's.
Please help me. I seriously need to connect to it from Windows 10.
The third year and second year students received Windows laptops previous year and they can easily connect to the same WiFi network on our floor.
This is only happening to first year students who have switched to Windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connecting-from-ubuntu-but-not-from-windows.1156070/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All, Does anybody know how it would be possible to get the wifi working on HP Elitebook 745 G2 in Ubuntu? I tried it with the bcmwl-kernel-source package and after installing it, the wifi looks to be working, but does not detect any wireless network. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.Roman

A:How to get wifi working on HP Elitebook 745 G2 in Ubuntu

please show me output from commands dmesglspciiwconfig list

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-get-wifi-working-on-HP-Elitebook-745-G2-in-Ubuntu/td-p/5430701
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently bought a pre installed hp envy m6 x360 convertible operating windows 10. I Installed Ubuntu 16.04 using a usb key, annulling the windows system. Now the wifi won't work.What can i do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-not-working-when-ubuntu-is-installed/td-p/5665075
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi to Help, Ubuntu switching win7 from everyone Thanks for letting me into your forum this Help, switching from Ubuntu to win7 then would be my first post I recently purchased a high perfomance computer which is running on Ubuntu I have tried it but honestly can say Help, switching from Ubuntu to win7 that I am so conditioned to the windows platform that i find Ubuntu absolutely horrendous Anyway I bought win Ultimate contained both and bit versions I want to install the bit version onto the gaming Pc I have bought as a present for my son I have also bought a new tb hard drive and installed it into the PC along with the existing gb HD which contains the Ubuntu Using Ubuntu disk manager i tried to format the TB hd but when I tried to format it it returned a message that the hd was kb out of line If I alter the bios to boot from the tb hd it just tells me that it is a non bootable system disk Could you good people tell me the procedure for formatting a new HD ready to accept win using ubuntu I also have a copy of winxp sp could i install that first to facilitate the the install procedure for win By the way it is the bit version I want to install and i dont mind losing Ubuntu at all in fact the sooner the better Thanks in anticipation regards steve

A:Help, switching from Ubuntu to win7

Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

Clean the disk at windows setup, hit shift+F10 and run diskpart on the command prompt, follow tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/200129-help-switching-ubuntu-win7.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have the 32 bit Win7 & Ubuntu installed on one system with dual boot ... works fine and the menu appears correctly. I installed to a clean disk Win7 first and then Ubuntu second using the Ubuntu wubi installer. I also have another system with the 64 bit Win7 OS that I would like to put Ubuntu on too, but have been unable to successfully create a dual boot menu on it. I realize that boot.ini is no longer used but even using EasyBCD I cannot add Ubuntu. I use the wubi installer that works from within Windows ... I must be overlooking something simple??

A:Dual Win7 & Ubuntu

Hello jlindblo...

yes, you're missing something here...
Windows 7 after a clean install, it creates a small 200MB hidden partition to store the BCD store database. (similar files to boot.ini). This is where the bootloader is stored.
This partition is currently invisible to you, so even if you added a linux boot entry in EasyBCD, easybcd thinks that it has written the files to the partition where the bootloader is, but it actually can't write there cause it's hidden (no drive letter given). To fix that, open Disk Management, assign a drive letter to your hidden small partition (200MB of size must be), and then add a linux boot entry from EASYBCD again. This time it should work and you should be able to dual boot.

(If later on you need to hide again the small boot partition, you can. You can have it hidden and the dual boot will still work. If you need to re-hide it, just ask. Disk management won't allow you, needs a trick.

Hope it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/2557-dual-win7-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 53.75%

this is the scenario: i have windows7 installed on a single partition 500 gb hd. i want to install ubuntu as dual boot. (i have done this before but not with win7.) can i go into disk management and reduce the win 7 volume by say 50 gb. format it fat32 and install ubuntu. and still have dual-boot? thanks in advance. i plan on using either ubuntu 9.04 or 9.10.

A:dualbooting win7 and ubuntu

You should let Ubuntu create the partitions using ext3 or ext4 file system.. Dual booting with Ubuntu is extremely easy and Im sure you will like it...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36190-dualbooting-win7-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Im unsure which OS I should use on my old laptop for college. Im currently attending John jay college and every computer there is using windows XP. So for reports, etc I would need it to be able to open and view on a windows PC if necessary. I currently have Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium.

My system is as follows:

I was looking into Windows 7 Home premium, or Ubuntu.
*Im unsure but I believe my laptop wont run with 64bit Win7 but I dont understand the requirements for that.

I need a computer that will shut off quickly for changing classes. I have to keep my laptop plugged in b/c this laptop battery wont last.

Which would you recommend?

A:Win7 or Ubuntu for college

Vista will do everything you want, so why change?
You could easily dual-boot Ubuntu, and Open Office will open just about any document.
The Win7 upgrade adviser may help:
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads...90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15&displaylang=en

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-or-ubuntu-for-college.152171/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi!
I got my desktop with XP and Ubuntu down, and wiped off the whole HDD to install W7. Then I installed Ubuntu back and when I start my PC, I get the Ubuntu bootloader. Is there any way to reclaim my W7 bootloader? (The only thing I don't like about Ubuntu is the bootloader)

A:Win7 and Ubuntu bootloader

Quote: Originally Posted by NSDCars5

Hi!
I got my desktop with XP and Ubuntu down, and wiped off the whole HDD to install W7. Then I installed Ubuntu back and when I start my PC, I get the Ubuntu bootloader. Is there any way to reclaim my W7 bootloader? (The only thing I don't like about Ubuntu is the bootloader)

I don't believe you will still be able to boot ubuntu if you do,
Maybe this will help; Download EasyBCD 2.0.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/158615-win7-ubuntu-bootloader.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I need to install ubuntu 9.10 for my project at college.I have win7 and win xp dual boot installed right now on my acer aspire 5738g laptop.

ubuntu 9.10 has an option of installing on a separate drive using a bootable cd or it can be installed inside windows,from windows just like any other game.I wanted to know whether both modes of installation are the same? will i be able to use al d features ? and how shud i configure the boot loader which already has win 7 n winxp as the 2 options
P.S it can be either win 7 or win xp,i need to install ubuntu in any one..

A:Installing UBUNTU in win7

Yes either will work for your purposes.... Btw, I would strongly suggest a course in sentence structure and spelling...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/59479-installing-ubuntu-win7.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 64 bit PC that is in my livingroom connected to my Netgear router via WIFI. It has a open ethernet port. I have a DirecTV receiver with two LAN ports open. Is there a way to connect a cat5 from the PC to the DirecTV receiver allowing the DirecTV receiver to get online via the WIFI PC? I hope this makes sense...

A:PC WiFi 2 DTV Wired

yes should be posible using
ics / bridge
Windows 8
---------
Bridging two network connections: for windows 8
http://windows7themes.net/networking-questions-how-to-bridge-connections-in-windows-8-properly.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wifi-2-dtv-wired.1077784/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, i currently have a dualboot running between windows 7 x64 and ubuntu 13.04 x64.
Lately ive noticed that my internet is extremely slow when using windows 7, however if i boot into ubuntu its fine.
Ive tried running speed tests as well. Windows is sometimes having trouble getting even 1mbps! meanwhile ubuntu can easily get around 30mbps (what my internet should be). In windows it will also sometimes completely disconnect from my network, and then reconnect.

Its getting really frustrating, especially since i need to use windows as my primary os. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Very slow wifi on windows 7, but fine on ubuntu ?!

Hello,

Your router has a wireless mode setting that you may fiddle. The wireless mode is defaulted to a mixed mode and you may change this to N (if your router supports this mode), G/N, B/G. Same as you Wi-Fi adapter, you fiddle on the setting if it's available. Make sure to run Speedtest when you change the mode until you are satisfied.

For disconnection issue, you might want to check for any interference, install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector Tool from CNET.

Have you also updated the Windows 7 driver to the latest?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295931-very-slow-wifi-windows-7-but-fine-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ubuntu 15.x was working great on my Dell XPS 13. After upgrading to 16.04 it appears the drivers for the Broadcom BCM4352 Wireless Network Adapter are not loaded.
lshw -C network says the network is UNCLAIMED
There are now entries in the modprobe.d blacklisted file for Broadcom.
Any help is appreciated.
p.s. I dual boot to Win10. The network is fine there.

A:Ubuntu 16.04 breaks Wifi on Dell XPS 13 (9343)

Go to software & Updates, enable"Proprietary drivers for devices"
Reload sources, and apt-get upgrade 
It'll grab the latest broadcom drivers and intel microcode, you'll need to disable secure boot if its enabled, reboot, and it should work. 
Did it on my 9343 to 16.04 with kernel 4.4.0-21-generic

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683197
Relevancy 53.32%

I had no problem with this in XP or Vista.
After installing Win7 I can only access my NAS drive, not the shares on Windows or Ubuntu. Two Ubuntu PCs can access each other.
I've Googled and SWATed and sworn a lot, but all I get is password requests that don't accept the PWs I know are good.

A:Share files Ubuntu 10.04 and Win7

Where's all the Gurus?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-files-ubuntu-10-04-and-win7.152887/
Relevancy 53.32%

I had WinXP on an older drive then I upgraded to Vista bit then the disk crashed Got a new hard drive and installed just Ubuntu on it Then I missed Windows and decided to get a Win Upgrade I thought that since I had the XP product key sticker on my Thinkpad T AND my Vista bit Upgrade with product key AND my new Win I'd be set and legal First the Win upgrade DVD didn't like seeing the Ubuntu partition and didn't want to install I popped out the drive put it in a over Ubuntu? Win7 Clean Install external caddy and had my other XP machine format it as NTFS Good Reinstalled HD and put in the Win b DVD and installed Win Everything went fine untill the Product Key which it would not accept This is a legit copy I just bought at WalMart but it wouldn't Clean Win7 Install over Ubuntu? accept the key I finally clicked on quot Skip quot and it went on installing upgrading and appears to be working fine What gives It didn't ask me for my old Vista copy or key it simply went on and seems to be working fine I'm using it right now Having trouble getting it to see my external monitor but that's another thread

A:Clean Win7 Install over Ubuntu?

Quote: Originally Posted by Olwe

I had WinXP on an older drive, then I upgraded to Vista 64bit, then the disk crashed. Got a new hard drive and installed just Ubuntu 11.04 on it. Then I missed Windows and decided to get a Win7 Upgrade. I thought that since I had the XP product key/sticker (on my Thinkpad T400) AND my Vista 64bit Upgrade (with product key) AND my new Win7, I'd be set and legal.

First, the Win7 upgrade DVD didn't like seeing the Ubuntu partition and didn't want to install. I popped out the drive, put it in a external caddy and had my other XP machine format it as NTFS. Good. Reinstalled HD and put in the Win7 64b DVD and installed Win7. Everything went fine untill the Product Key . . . which it would not accept! This is a legit copy I just bought at WalMart, but it wouldn't accept the key! I finally clicked on "Skip" . . . and it went on installing, upgrading and appears to be working fine! What gives? It didn't ask me for my old Vista copy or key, it simply went on and seems to be working fine. I'm using it right now. (Having trouble getting it to see my external monitor, but that's another thread. . .)

If you want to know if your Windows 7 is activated go to Computer> Properties and scroll down untill you see 'Windows activated' or 'Enter product key'

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/205778-clean-win7-install-over-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone I've installed win x Ultimate and just love it For working reasons I need ubuntu to be installed on my computer also I've installed Ubuntu 's Wubi exe installation on my computer Then I needed to change the BCD - I've done it with the program named EasyBCD After I changed the BCD suddenly the option of logging into ubuntu disappeard Because I am stupid- I didn't do any backup to my BCD before I changed it I told myself 'OK then lets reinstall wubi exe with the newer Ubuntu version ' I've downloaded it and whenever I try to install on Can't ubuntu wubi win7 uninstall the wubi installation it is writing me an error message Code - ERROR TaskList Error executing command gt gt command C Windows System bcdedit exe delete d Can't install ubuntu wubi on win7 aa - - df-bd -a b e f gt gt retval gt gt stderr An error occurred while attempting to delete the specified entry The system cannot find the file specified gt gt stdout Traceback most recent call last File quot lib wubi backends common tasklist py quot line in call File quot lib wubi backends win backend py quot line in undo bootloader File quot lib wubi backends win backend py quot line in undo bcd File quot lib wubi backends common utils py quot line in run command Exception Error executing command gt gt command C Windows System bcdedit exe delete d aa - - df-bd -a b e f gt gt retval gt gt stderr An error occurred while attempting to delete the specified entry The system cannot find the file specified gt gt stdout And I can't install the new Wubi untill I uninstall the last one Can someone please help me Thanx a lot

A:Can't install ubuntu wubi on win7

Download Revo Uninstaller Free edition or any other uninstalling software. Try to uninstall it from that and after running the programs uninstaller(even if it fails) it will scan the registry and hard drive for leftover files which you can delete. After deleting all files associated with Ubuntu 9.10 you should be able to install 10.04 via Wubi. May I also suggest Linux Mint 9. It includes Mint4Win which can install it just like Wubi. It is based on Ubuntu 10.04, but in my opinion Mint 9 is much better. Just a suggestion, but both Ubuntu and Mint are great OS!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/87628-cant-install-ubuntu-wubi-win7.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys,

I am looking to dual boot 7 and Ubuntu 9.10 and need some assistance. I installed 7 first on one drive and Ubuntu later on a completely separate drive. Here are my current dilemmas:

1) I do not get the option to choose the OS I boot to.
2) When Linux boots it goes to black screen and stops.

I have done some reading and saw that there is a possibility that my GPU could be the cause of the black screen due to a lack of drivers or compatibility. I also think I need to do some configuring within Ubuntu to fix my boot order. I have only read about people configuring two partitions not two different drives but I don't think it should be an issue. My system specs are noted below. Again, Ubuntu is on separate 80GB SATA drive.

Thank you in advance.

A:Dual Boot Win7 and Ubuntu 9.10

Are you wanting Win 7 to be the primary boot device, or Ubuntu and use Grub for the boots?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/68163-dual-boot-win7-ubuntu-9-10-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i have win7 installed on one of my computers and i just installed Ubuntu 14.04 on it along side win7 when i installed Ubuntu i set it up to ask on startup what OS i wanted to boot, it does ask but if i don't choose within like 10 sec or so it automatically boots to Ubuntu. how do i stop that or at least switch it to start windows instead of Ubuntu? cause i use windows, i just got Ubuntu on there for the purpose of learning Linux.

A:I need help with win7 and ubuntu duel settings

Presuming you don't want to hack around with Linux boot configuration files, my advice is to install Grub-customizer in Ubuntu. Once you do that, you can change the default OS using the app, and it will make the changes needed to the config files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/340573-i-need-help-win7-ubuntu-duel-settings.html
Relevancy 53.32%

at work my laptop will get about 14000 kbps download and the wired machines get around 26000 kbps... should there be such a huge gap in performance? if not how can i fix it or at least help it out some..?

A:WIFI slower than wired?

Yep, there is. Fixing it requires you to redesign the nature of 802.11g low-level protocols. That might be more than you're willing to take on right now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-slower-than-wired.597387/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am certain the issue is the wireless on my laptop. As you can see in the screen shot below (wireless on the left, wired on the right), when I run a network speed test, I am getting terrible wireless down speed. And pretty bad up speeds both ways. Other users on the same wireless are getting up speed numbers around 60 - 65, and about the same down speed as I am getting wired..

I have already tried reinstalling the wireless adapter driver, no change.

I am running a Dell Inspiron N7010, Windows 8.1. Device Manager identifies the wireless as "Broadcom 802.11n". Since other laptops and devices are getting better speeds on the wireless, the issue has to reside on my end. The driver that is installed is from Microsoft, dated 3/13/2012, and is version 5.100.245.20.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Relevancy 53.32%

i have network wired &wireless network i wish to conect wired network via switch with different ip also i am not provide any ip to switch

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/networking-of-wired-and-wifi-636538.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all-

I'm trying to use an ethernet splitter to hook up a network that includes both a Mac Mini which needs to be plugged in directly, and a couple of other laptops, which I hope to connect using an Airport Express. When I plug the splitter into the modem, I can only successfully connect on the wireless network. If I plug splitter into the router, the opposite. The wired Mac Mini works fine, but the Airport Express flashes orange, and I can't connect using Wifi. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Using 10.4.11 on the Mini, 10.3.9 on one of the laptops, and I think 10.6 on the other. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 52.89%

Quick Specs- i-ball baton m router my home pc with win xp sp Lenovo notebook with Windows ultimate Okay I am simply trying to connect my Win notebook to the access" internet wifi "no to ideapad Win7 router lenovo wireless router but i JUST don't know Win7 lenovo ideapad "no internet access" to wifi router which network settings are misconfigured and i have tried everything and anything to figure this out but i fail to do so The laptop connects but with a persistent messge quot no internet access quot I am sure i entered the right passkey and enabled the wifi on router configuration page from pc My notebook's wifi and ethernet adapter are both set on quot Obtain an IP add automatically quot and quot obtain DNS server automatically quot The lan card on pc with win xp is also configured the same way I tried declaring the ip and subnetmask explicitly on wlan adapter but it still fails to connect I don't know the prblm is in router's configuration or adapter settings or both could be misconfigured I tried several methods multiple times but i am so frustrated none of them is working Please help me out

A:Win7 lenovo ideapad "no internet access" to wifi router

I just got a Lenovo & had a bit of an issue getting it on the net. I has to go to my ISP setup & unhide myself for the lenovo to connect. Then when I hid myself the connection at next boot was gone.

Can't remember exactly what I did but it was something to do with the ISP settings.

Will check it out now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210671-win7-lenovo-ideapad-no-internet-access-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 52.89%

First, please forgive me if this is formatted oddly- I am typing this on my Blackberry.

For the past few months, I have been accessing the internet with my laptop's wifi through my neighbor's password-protected network (with his permission). I also sometimes go online using another neighborhood network which does NOT have a security key.

As of today, I can view networks and connect to both of these (as well as others), but I can't get online. I get the "No Internet access" message when I connect to any network.

When I go to the command prompt and type ipconfig /all, I get this for IPv4 address: 192.168.1.9(Preferred) and I cannot successfully ping any ip addresses.

I have rebooted already and renewed my network adaptor. Any other suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you!

A:WIN7: Can connect to networks via WiFI, but get "No Internet Access"

Oh, and when I run the automatic troubleshooter it says, "Your DNS server might be unavailable."

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204059-win7-can-connect-networks-via-wifi-but-get-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Hope you pepl wud b fine Few weeks ago is No Ubuntu and G.Card but connected Wifi lan problem on wireless I purchased a HP Pavilion dv TX laptop I installed Ubuntu on it with vista as dual boot No Wifi on Ubuntu but wireless lan is connected and G.Card problem Now in Ubuntu everything works fine except Minor Problem I couldn t enable appearence effects It asks to enable some extra nVidia driver I try to enable it but it doesnt enables When Ubuntu is booted completely I can see the wireless netwrok connected in top right corner Its connected to my college s wifi network In my college after connecting to the wireless network to access the internet we need to open any website for the first time every session a login page appears There we need to login It works completely fine in Vista But in Ubuntu when I try to open any website in FF immediately Address Not Found error comes instead of the login page FF behaves as if there is no network connection at all Please highlight what could be the possible reasons and how to fix it Thanks in advance Regards Aki nbsp

A:No Wifi on Ubuntu but wireless lan is connected and G.Card problem

1) Run System->Administration->Hardware Drivers. See if the nvidia drivers there are installed properly. If so and it still doesn't work then you need to update your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and specify that your device uses nvidia. You can do it manually or type "sudo nvidia-xconfig". Be sure to back up the xorg.conf file (though nvidia-xconfig should do it automatically) so you can revert back to your old .conf file if anything breaks.

2) It's connected? When you type "ifconfig" in a terminal, do you get an IP? I'm assuming that DHCP isn't working properly or something. Try typing the following:

sudo dhclient <adapter name, probably wlan0? Get this from ifconfig>
sudo ifconfig <adapter> down
sudo ifconfig <adapter> up

You could also just try clicking on the icon or something, since it should be refreshing (down/up) anyways... If it doesn't work, maybe contact your school's IT people? You never see the login page in ubuntu? Or it doesn't work AFTER the login page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wifi-on-ubuntu-but-wireless-lan-is-connected-and-g-card-problem.124134/
Relevancy 52.89%

So,these days ubuntu comes in and looks like a very tempting operating system.I tried it on my pc,it worked fine but intel core i5 is a bit overpowered for ubuntu, i mean there aren't many games on it.So i wanted to install it on my Acer,everything worked but WI-Fi ,so are there any options?Drivers?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-E5-573G-P4G8-ubuntu/td-p/457595
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Hope you pepl wud connected wireless lan G.Card on but problem and Ubuntu No Wifi is b fine Few weeks ago I purchased a HP Pavilion dv TX laptop I installed Ubuntu on it with vista as dual boot Now in Ubuntu everything works fine except Minor Problem I couldn t enable appearence effects It asks to enable some extra nVidia driver I try to enable it but it doesnt enables When Ubuntu is booted completely I No Wifi on Ubuntu but wireless lan is connected and G.Card problem can see the wireless netwrok connected in top right corner Its connected to my college s wifi network In my college after connecting to the wireless network to access the internet we need to open any website for the first time every session a login page appears There we need to login It works completely fine in Vista But in Ubuntu when I try to open any website in FF immediately Address Not Found error comes instead of the login page FF behaves as if there is no network connection at all Please highlight what could be the possible reasons and how to fix it Thanks in advance Regards Aki nbsp

A:No Wifi on Ubuntu but wireless lan is connected and G.Card problem

1) Run System->Administration->Hardware Drivers. See if the nvidia drivers there are installed properly. If so and it still doesn't work then you need to update your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and specify that your device uses nvidia. You can do it manually or type "sudo nvidia-xconfig". Be sure to back up the xorg.conf file (though nvidia-xconfig should do it automatically) so you can revert back to your old .conf file if anything breaks.

2) It's connected? When you type "ifconfig" in a terminal, do you get an IP? I'm assuming that DHCP isn't working properly or something. Try typing the following:

sudo dhclient <adapter name, probably wlan0? Get this from ifconfig>
sudo ifconfig <adapter> down
sudo ifconfig <adapter> up

You could also just try clicking on the icon or something, since it should be refreshing (down/up) anyways... If it doesn't work, maybe contact your school's IT people? You never see the login page in ubuntu? Or it doesn't work AFTER the login page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wifi-on-ubuntu-but-wireless-lan-is-connected-and-g-card-problem.124134/
Relevancy 52.89%

So,these days ubuntu comes in and looks like a very tempting operating system.I tried it on my pc,it worked fine but intel core i5 is a bit overpowered for ubuntu, i mean there aren't many games on it.So i wanted to install it on my Acer,everything worked but WI-Fi ,so are there any options?Drivers?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-E5-573G-P4G8-ubuntu-wifi-problem/td-p/457595
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my XPS 13 9350.  It does have the Broadcom wifi/bt adapter.
My wifi issue is the computer will not connect to my 5GHZ network. Every time I try it just fails to connect and asks me for the password even though it's correct.  I can connect to my 2.4ghz but not the 5ghz

My BT issue is I have always have to repair my BT mouse when the computer restarts.
I previously had a 9343 and I had no issues like this.  I was able to connect to my 5ghz network and using Bluetooth manager as a trusted device my mouse always reconnected at a reboot.  
I know there are some issues with Broadcom adapters but my 9343 had one and I did not have this issue at all.  Is it just because the 9350 has a newer broadcom chip so it's not fully supported?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990383
Relevancy 52.46%

Yo All,

I currently have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 running on my Asus laptop. I decided to install Ubuntu 10.10 along side Windows, as I will need it for work. It was installed via side-by-side and re-sized the partition

The installation of Ubuntu was flawless and works great, but now when I boot to Windows, its will randomly freeze, sometimes in 1 minute, sometimes within 10 minutes.

The only way I can solve this issue, is to either perform a disk scan from windows or restore the MBR.

The disk scan works, and Windows run fine, although If I boot Ubuntu again, run that for awhile, then boot windows again the problem returns.

Restoring the MBR works as well, though without a dualboot, its useless

I have also tried EasyBCD and replaced GRUB with Windows boot manager, though same problems.

Any advice on this, or perhaps a known fix for this issue?

Cheers

A:Random Win7 Freezes after Ubuntu 10.10 Install.

I am having this exact same problem with my Windows 7 Home Premium on my Asus G73 laptop. The freezes only started occurring after an Install of Ubuntu 10.10. Freezes occur anywhere from 15 mins to 4 hrs. Event viewer has nothing helpful and I've ran extended memory tests.

Any updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118307-random-win7-freezes-after-ubuntu-10-10-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a dual boot system, Ubuntu 16.04 & win7 (I don't want win10)

I found this walk thru for a windows initialization/ownership of a TPM 1.2 and seemed pretty easy.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.10).aspx

I should mention I want the TPM to do it's work upon startup only - I will NOT be using it in conjunction with bitlocker!

Now would it be better for me to set it up through Ubuntu or since it's so easy just do it through Win7?

Also, I want to add a usb fingerprint scanner to the initial startup with the TPM - does anyone know how I would set this feature within the TPM wizard so it sees & uses the fingerprint sensor for the initial startup?

From my understanding this should be the FIRST thing booting up, even prior to the SSDs correct?

A:Setup TPM with Ubuntu or Win7? (and fingerprint scanner)

Give us more hardware information.
Does your hardware has the TPM device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400180-setup-tpm-ubuntu-win7-fingerprint-scanner.html
Relevancy 52.46%

yeah, I know, this is a forum for win7 but..... lol tried to download and install/run ubuntu in a seperate partition following online directions but when rebooting and choosing ubuntu instead of win 7 just get error msgs. can run it off a cd while using win7 but of course one cannot save anything or make changes permanent. so I create a partition, install the ubuntu...then what to get it to work? btw downloaded something called wubi and that doesnt do anything either.

A:install ubuntu linux on win7 computer?

Use one of the free Virtualization Programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/103140-install-ubuntu-linux-win7-computer.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi i had some issues on my laptop after incorrect dual boot win7- Ubuntu. Win 7 bootloader was first damaged i assume then deleted from my HD and a complete Ubuntu install was done, after a disk grub error. Enough said.
My computer is an Acer Aspire 5538G, windows HOME PREMIUM. I have 4 four recovery dvds which were setup using acer recovery.
When i boot from my dvd running the first dvd Win 7 installation seems to start off fine.
Windows installation files are loading but installation stops with a very sudden error before windows gives me the chance to enter the second dvd. Enter after entering dvd number 2 nothing happens. Then pc reboot which loads Ubuntu again. Should i try to enter my Computer with an active boot hirens boot and format my harddrives to NTFS ?Ubuntu uses another type of file system and my HD was completely formatted during Ubuntu setup.

Any suggestions are grately appreciated

Regards

A:Issues reinstalling win7 after ubuntu install

Hello mate.

I'm just going to put this out there for you to consider; I would suggest a complete wipe of the Hard Disk Drive to remove Linux/Grub but that will over-write all data on the HDD for good.

After you have copied out or made back-ups of the data you need to save to external media; if you can find an exact Windows version that the PC shipped with you can do a clean install using the activation key on the COA sticker attached to the PC though it may require a robo-call to MS to sort the OEM batch-key.

How to Activate Windows 7 by Phone

If you can't find an exact same version, you could use the info in this tutorial to create an "all versions" installer of any version Windows installer, to install using the same method I posted above.

Windows 7 Universal Installation Disc - Create

After you have made backups of everything you care to save, the best method is to do a complete wipe (secure erase) of the entire Hard Disk Drive first, it over-writes everything, all the old Windows code including all the old drivers/programs, giving you the best possible space to install Windows to.

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/166473-issues-reinstalling-win7-after-ubuntu-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello!

I have Windows 7 RC1 installed for some time, dual-booting with Windows XP. And that worked like a charm. But a couple of days ago I installed Ubuntu on the Windows XP partition (after formatting it with ext3, of course). But the thing is, I have been trying to boot into my dear Windows 7 ever since, with no success. It didn't show in the boot manager, so I changed the menu.lst in Ubuntu. Thus it can be seen, but to no avail, as it does not work. I have tryed fixing it with the Windows 7 installation DVD, but it did not work. And I really ran out of ideas; also I would like to keep both my OS-es as they are (all data), if that's possible somehow.
Looking forward to reading your suggestions, thank you!

A:Failing to dual boot Win7 and Ubuntu

Quote: Originally Posted by CyberDuck

Hello!

I have Windows 7 RC1 installed for some time, dual-booting with Windows XP. And that worked like a charm. But a couple of days ago I installed Ubuntu on the Windows XP partition (after formatting it with ext3, of course). But the thing is, I have been trying to boot into my dear Windows 7 ever since, with no success. It didn't show in the boot manager, so I changed the menu.lst in Ubuntu. Thus it can be seen, but to no avail, as it does not work. I have tryed fixing it with the Windows 7 installation DVD, but it did not work. And I really ran out of ideas; also I would like to keep both my OS-es as they are (all data), if that's possible somehow.
Looking forward to reading your suggestions, thank you!

Ok so right now you have ubuntu, and win 7 right? and you want to keep the data in both. You probably had xp installed first then installed win 7 after and had a boot menu to let you chose which. when you formatted xp the boot loader was probably on the xp partition. You can use bcedit (i think there is a tutorial on its use here @ SF in the tutorial section)

Hope Im close in my assumtions and hope it helps a little.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/14656-failing-dual-boot-win7-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have an ASUS G J that is currently running Ubuntu with a VM install of Windows I would like to go back to Windows entirely removing Ubuntu I have my Win bit repair disk and Win bit ISO disk and have backed up my Ubuntu installation but have some questions before I proceed My system has hard drives I would like to install Win on the first disk which currently looks like the attached image install do Win7 and clean ubuntu Remove sda gparted png Can I reformat the entire drive to NTFS before proceeding Also on a second drive I have my data A large chunk is in NTFS but some is in ext formatted partitions Is there a way to read these from Win or alternately if I reformat the partitions to NTFS is there a way I can copy data over from a clone of the second HDD that is formatted in ext Anything else I need to know to make sure I Remove ubuntu and do clean Win7 install don't brick my computer Thanks

A:Remove ubuntu and do clean Win7 install

Hello Photobucket,

Yes, you'll need to format the entire drive to ntfs before installing win7.

First, in your bios setup make sure the computer is set to boot from dvd as the first boot device.

Then, boot from dvd. Delete all the existing partitions, create one or more partitions as per choice, then format in ntfs. You can make changes to the partition structure after the install also either using the win7 diskmgmt tool or a 3rd party software like Partition wizard. Choose to do a Custom (clean install) when presented with that option.

For reading the ext3 data from win7, there exist apps like Explore2fs and Ext2ifs. See this page for alternatives and details.

How to Access Linux Partitions (ext2, ext3) From Windows in Dual-Boot System? - Tweaking with Vishal

and

Three Ways To Access Linux Partitions (ext2/ext3) From Windows On Dual-Boot Systems | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

But would suggest you hold your horses and wipe your data disk only after confirming you can read and backup that data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/87615-remove-ubuntu-do-clean-win7-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I currently use XP Pro and would like to also have Windows 7 and Ubuntu on the same system.
XP is my primary OS and has its OWN drive. I have another EMPTY DRIVE that i would like to install Windows 7 and Ubuntu on in separate partitions. Does anyone know the best way to go about this? Or can someone lead me to some documentation that would guide me through the process? All my searches have been unsuccessful thus far. The only info I found is information about EasyBCD 2.0.2, which i have downloaded already but have not installed as i am unsure of the best order to do things. Please help and thanks in advance!!

A:Triple-Boot: WINXP - WIN7 - UBUNTU

I found a website about it: http://lifehacker.com/193474/hack-attack-how-to-triple+boot-windows-xp-vista-and-ubuntu

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356165/triple-boot-winxp-win7-ubuntu/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all,

I'm going to install Windows 7 X64, Windows 7 X86, Windows 8.1 X64, Ubuntu and FreeBSD all on my PC! I want to dedicate one separated drive for each OS. May main OS for daily working will be the Windows 7 X64. I have this purpose because I like to work and be familiar with all of those OSs. I don't want to use the virtual machines for that because I want to utilize all of the PC power when working with each one. Any one will be selected from boot (like dual boot).
What's your opinion on this case? And which one should be installed respectively?
Thanks.

A:Installing Win7 X86, X64, Win8.1 X64, Ubuntu & FreeBSD with each other

You can skip Windows 7 X86 - it's the same as the 64-bit version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/322906-installing-win7-x86-x64-win8-1-x64-ubuntu-freebsd-each-other.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all,

I'm going to install Windows 7 X64, Windows 7 X86, Windows 8.1 X64, Ubuntu and FreeBSD all on my PC! I want to dedicate one separated drive for each OS. My main OS for daily working will be the Windows 7 X64. I have this purpose because I like to work and be familiar with all of those OSs. I don't want to use the virtual machines for that because I want to utilize all of the PC power when working with each one. Any one will be selected from boot (like dual boot).
What's your opinion on this case? And which one should be installed respectively?
Thanks.

A:Installing Win7 X86, X64, Win8.1 X64, Ubuntu & FreeBSD with each other

No reply!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-win7-x86-x64-win8-1-x64-ubuntu-freebsd-with-each-other.200397/
Relevancy 52.46%

My friend ordered this

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PCMCIA-108Mbps-W...ryZ45000QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wifi card of ebay and received it today. I plugged it in for him and it worked great but it displayed as a "D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-G650 Adapter" but when it really is a Cheap Chinnese made one. (everythings made in china but whatever.) Could it be that this card is actually a pirated D-Link AirPlis Xtreme G DWL-G650 card? Just curious thats all...

A:Solved: Wired WIFI card

It's probably pirated firmware on a clone of the D-Link card. Hardware is cheap, developing the firmware isn't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-wifi-card.622734/
Relevancy 52.46%

This morning I booted up my tower I noticed wifi bars in my tray showing weak signal.  I clicked on it an disconnected the bars disappeared and cable hookup showed back up.  I have been on on wifi for many years and have never seen this happen, any idea why it would happen?

A:Wifi jumped to my wired tower!

Just went up and tried it again it was back on wifi, just for a test I hooked up one of the wifi antennas that came with the machine it doubled the bars.  Just for giggles I did a speed test then killed the wifi connection and did it again numbers were very close.  I did get 25 updates yesterday I am wondering is one of them had anything to do with this issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586364/wifi-jumped-to-my-wired-tower/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to networking so I'd really appreciate some help here I run a pool tour out of hotel venues and we're building a system to allow a laptop at each pool table running win XP to feed scores back to the laptop on the tournament desk running Win I've had no problems connecting these together and sharing folders using a Workgroup and an old Linksys wireless router The Win laptop is connected via ethernet cable and and Wifi wired router? hotspot the XP laptops are all connected to the linksys via wireless At this point nothing has an internet connection as the linksys router has no connection to an ISP and this is fine - so far so good The problem I have is that the Win laptop on the tournament desk not the XP Wifi hotspot and wired router? laptops at the pool tables also needs an internet connection So my idea for this is to connect to the hotels wireless hotspot whilst keeping the connection to the linksys via the ethernet cable I need to test all this before getting to Wifi hotspot and wired router? the hotel so to try and mimic the set up I've simply tried to connect to my own ISP's wireless router I use SKY Broadband in the UK I can connect to my wireless router but cannot get any internet pages maybe the linksys is telling my laptop I have no internet connection I read about bridging the connections so tried this I then got an internet connection but lost the connection to the other laptops via the linksys I rebooted and it switched the other way round - no internet but access to the linksys I'm not sure if what I'm doing is a valid thing to be able to do or even if my home wireless network will behave in the same way as the hotels wireless hotspot As I'm a novice when it comes to networking I'd really appreciate it if someone could offer some advice The attachedd PDF has a diagram showing what I'm trying to do

A:Wifi hotspot and wired router?

If you open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all you will get information on all the active ethernet adapters on the windows 7 laptop - wireless and wired. Only the IPv4 addresses need to be considered.

In all probability, your ISP's router will give you an IP address (as a DHCP server) in the range 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.255 - usually reserving 192.168.0.1 for the router itself.

The linksys may also be giving out addresses by DHCP in the same range.

You need to set up the linksys to use addresses in a different range, for example 192.168.35.2 -192.168.35.255 with the linksys itself as 192.168.35.1 (the '35' can be anything between 1 and 255).

This way it will be unlikely that there will be any conflict between IP addresses that the linksys gives your XP and Win7 laptops network and the internet connection IP address. (but check with the hotel first what their IP range/ranges are, just in case!)

You will need to set up another work network (not homegroup - it would be best disabled since XP cannot use this type of network) for the wired connection on the Windows 7 laptop from the network and sharing centre - set up a new connection or network.

You will need to make all laptops members of the same workgroup - you could call this "Tournament" or some other relevant name other than the default "MSHOME" on XP or "WORKGROUP" on Windows 7.

Make a shared folder e.g. shared as "Pool" on each of the XP machines, and make sure that network file sharing is enabled on the XP machines.

You should not share anything on your windows 7 machine since it will be connected to a public network and the internet.

The linksys probably has a MAC address filter, which can be set to deny access to any PC except the laptops themselves. The MAC address also appears in the output of ipconfig /all ( it works the same in XP as in Windows 7) when run on each laptop.

Make sure that each of the \\XP-PC-name\Pool shares is visible by the windows 7 explorer and you should be ready to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/178080-wifi-hotspot-wired-router.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I was wondering if aWiFi or Wired connection would be better for WoW If i was to choose the Wifi my whole family could use it and its cheaper but if its not as reliable then i would or Warcraft? for Wired of World WiFi just suck it up and buy the more expensive modem Im just worried with lagging and the such with WiFi and WoW Im building a mid to medium high gaming rig and i want to get the most out of my graphics Will i see any decrease of performance if I choose a faster router such as the one below isnt all that fast but my modem maxes at I have this router for Wifi http www newegg com Product Prod But i need a PCI card Wired or WiFi for World of Warcraft? or USB if cheaper Wired or WiFi for World of Warcraft? with the same reliablity I was looking at these http www newegg com Product Prod rder PRICE Or should i just suck it up and get a wired connection-I have ATT High Speed so i d need somthing that would be compatible And if I get a new modem is my plan maxed out at the mbps if my modem does Im really not good with the internet side of computers Thanks Ahead nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I am a complete noob re WiFi (alway use hard wired) but recently bought a cheap USB dongle described as 150Mbps 11n. On testing I found I was getting about 22Mbps download with the dongle (1 metre from router) compared to 62Mbps wired. Upload speed was about the same as wired.

A bit of Googling told me this was a simplex/duplex problem. I did a test with a friends laptop and got full speed, so its not my router (BT homehub) and I have the latest driver from Windows update. So - is this about par for a four quid WiFi dongle, or do I need to set some value or other to get duplex? I could see this half speed business being a problem for someone already on a low speed line.

A:USB WiFi speed half that of wired

Hi 3D Jed.

Could I have more details on the USB Dongle please?

Also is it a 3.0 USB? Maybe you friend has usb 3 and you only have usb 2?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287391-usb-wifi-speed-half-wired.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hooked up a new router Wed night (Belkin). It worked fine. The wired computer had no issues and my laptop worked great down the hall. Thursday morning there were no problems either. Last night though neither computer would log on. The laptop would see the network then not connect. The wired computer wouldn't go online at all. When I unplugged the router, the wired computer was able to get online (even though it was still connected through the unplugged router, although I think my son had a USB hookup from the modem to the computer, so I think I understand that). Anyway, I tried resetting the router and modem, but no dice.

Any ideas? Why would it connect and work perfectly fine and then nothing? For either computer? What is the router doing to not allow the signal through even though nothing was changed?

A:Wifi won't connect, wired also flaky

Please supply the following info, exact models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wont-connect-wired-also-flaky.604515/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi im trying to get these two PC (laptop wi-fi and PC hardwired desktop) to ad-hoc, i seem to be missing something but i dont know what, is there anybody that can teach me step by step,(im so frustrated)Please Ron

A:win7 wi-fi to winxp wired ad-hoc

I assume you are trying to do this: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win7-wi-fi-to-winxp-wired-ad-hoc-378398.html