Windows Support Forum

WiFi Network Drops

Q: WiFi Network Drops

Hey All new to the forum thanks for the replies in advance and I m sorry if Drops Network WiFi I m not explaining it in the correct terms WiFi Network Drops My issue seems to be with my computer Often when I am connected to my WiFi router my internet service and subsequent connection to the network drops inexplicably My computer will claim WiFi Network Drops it is no longer connected When I attempt to reconnect the computer claims it cannot The troubleshooter also cannot find an issue All the while other devices and computers on the network will be perfectly connected without interruption The only way to fix this is to actually go to the router reset it and wait This can happen within minute of being reset minute an hour or WiFi Network Drops sometimes days go by without it being an issue No rhyme No reason That I can find Other times my network will just slow down I ll see the connection drop from full signal to bars If I catch it then I can run the troubleshooter and everything will be restored although the message the computer returns is that there was no problem found Either this or if I turn off my wifi then turn it back on reconnect to my network boom speed restored This is driving me insane I can t seem to fix it Any help is appreciated as I am quite tired of having to march across the room - times every day to reset this Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-drops.1155555/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WiFi Network Drops

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.66%

OS Windows Hardware Sony VAIO Powered by AC History The computer is about years old and the symptoms Wifi at Adapter Network times (Windows random drops 7) out described below started either abruptly or gradually some - months ago Symptoms The network access icon in the right of my task bar will show - bars of signal strength I'll leave the computer for several hours and Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7) when I come back it shows bars with a red x over it I click it Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7) select troubleshoot and the Windows Network Diagnostics window pops up and says quot Problems found quot A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken quot - Detected quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point quot - Fixed upon which the icon goes back to or bars and I resume my network connectivity This takes all of one minute or less However if I need to do a lengthy download this unexpected action will stop the download in the middle of the night TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS I tried a side-by-side comparison with another laptop and the Sony VAIO lost the network connection in the manner described above while the other computer didn't I went to Manage Wireless Networks removed all networks including my home network and then rebuilt the wireless networks by re-entering my home network I was then able to access my network However the wireless network adapter still shut off in the middle of the night I went to Power Settings Change advanced power settings Advanced settings Wireless Adapter Settings Power Saving Mode and observed that quot Plugged in quot states quot Maximum Performance quot Thanks for your help

A:Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7)

This might help - the following commands restore Windows IP and Winsock to known good values

Open an Elevated Command Prompt

Tip
Standard keyboard shortcuts for Copy (Ctrl-C) and Paste (Ctrl-V) shortcuts do not work in Command Prompt.

Enabling the Quick Edit Mode in Command Prompt makes Copy and Paste operations easier.
See step 4 in Command Prompt - Copy to Clipboard to enable it.

Copy in Command Prompt: hightlight the text you want to copy, then press ENTER.
Paste in Command Prompt: right click with your mouse.

In the elevated command Prompt window type the following commands
Alternatively, you can copy the commands, one line at a time and paste it in the Command Prompt Window

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ipv4 reset all
netsh int ipv6 reset all

exit

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317950-wifi-network-adapter-drops-out-random-times-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi My computer has recently randomly- Ralink card wifi connection Notebook network drops started to drop the WiFi connection reconnect after a while and at times not even detect my WiFi connection for a while Then repeats the process for no apparent reason I'm not sure when exactly thus problem Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card started as I Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card had been using Ethernet cable up until last week I am certain that this is not related to my router as - other devices in my house can access the internet perfectly fine I have tried doing a power cycle of the router restarting the notebook re-installing updating drivers and cmd ipocnfig refresh and other commands along those lines My notebook model is the hp pavilion tx- windows bit intel I gb ram and uses a ralink RT network card Ps the problem appears to be alright if I use older versions of the driver have tried and the default one which came with the notebook which is older than it however I would prefer not to have to use the older versions as task manager says that its link speed is only mbps whereas versions would show mbps Thankyou in advance

A:Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card

It sounds to me like a signal problem. A competing signal drowning out your wireless signal can cause these kinds of random losses.

To test for this try this program:
inSSIDer for Home – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek
It will tell you if you have a stronger signal in your area that is interfering with the channel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289010-notebook-drops-wifi-connection-randomly-ralink-network-card.html
Relevancy 55.9%

This is a very weird problem Starting from three days ago my laptop's wifi capabilities dropped suddenly I hadn't dropped it or installed anything that could have caused it I could get no WiFi unless I was in the same room as the router Meanwhile my phone could get WiFi same as before all around the house I tried a system restore updating everything and things like that Today I noticed that the WiFi icon would show two bars just as the lid is opened but quickly changes to no signal I figured out that if I angle the lid below degrees and just before the display turns off I get great signal strength just as I used to Now it is very inconvenient to use the laptop like that which is why I am typing this from my phone Can you guys help me please I really needed to fill out lots of forms from that machine Thanks in advance

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129630-wifi-drops-lid-goes-up.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all Got a bit of a weird issue here I ve owned my WAG GX for about years maybe and I ve got no complaints all round My usage hasnt changed nor any settings within this period However Over the last week for some reason the WiFi Connection gets destroyed I ve only seen it once at the point where the Wifi Light goes of end the day Drops Wifi a at out something i ve never seen before - but generally the WiFi conencted PC s fail to keep Wifi Drops at the end of a day the connection they drop out and fail to get an IP and when they do manage to get on the connection is terrible In the mean time I run wired on boxes that have no noticeable issues Wifi Drops at the end of a day at all Its like the WiFi just gets totally jammed up I ve tried my hardest to establish what has changed what is new whats different at night and theres just nothing Turning off the router and back on seems to have no effect either I ve attached some logs I dont know what of it means But thought maybe someone here could Wifi Drops at the end of a day shed some info by translating them the Anisdktool seems to be started a lot normal and wns msg tcvd no idea what thats all about ring full looks a bit quot alerting quot but no idea what this is telling me either This is super frustrating any insight would be great nbsp

A:Wifi Drops at the end of a day

Does it happen more or less at the same tim every night?
What type of security do you have on it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-drops-at-the-end-of-a-day.132617/
Relevancy 55.04%

So yeah silly me Installed windows anniversary update i could have chose not to and drops Wifi every minutes 10 now i keep getting disconnecting from my wifi every - mins It was working perfectly before it And I tried Wifi drops every 10 minutes everything believe me Rolling back to previous build this had to work turning off power saving mode on my network adapter reinstalling it downloading new drivers Wifi drops every 10 minutes from Asus website I've also tried winsock reset dns flush ip config release etc Also turning off my firewall disabling realtek ethernet adapter antivirus haven't helped me at all And yeah I can access my internet with ethernet cable and other devices are working without problems I also tried an external wifi adapter and had the same problem Funny thing is I can still access ipv websites after it gets disconnected it has something to do with DNS Yes I also tried putting Google DNS servers The only thing that I haven't tried is installing wifi drivers that I have on my asus disk that came with loptop will do it later today If you're interested here's my network adapter mediatek mt e Help will be appreciated thank you in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/wifi-drops-every-10-minutes-1152761.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My probem is that periodically my laptop jump off the internet, and then can't find any nearby networks. I have tried reinstalling new drivers for my wifi adaptor, but the problem stays. When the only thing that helps is restarting the wifi adaptor. The windows solution says that there is a wifi adaptor that is misplaced or broken. Please help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-drops-out-very-frequently-4598478/
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently purchased a LG Optimus P500h with Android 2.2. I have a problem with its wifi. At home I have Dlink router DIR-825. My laptop and desktop are working good on this network. But this phone keeps dropping the connection, and starts scaning again and again for no reason. The phone can see the wifi, and is able to connect to it, but drops it after a few seconds. In order to pinpoint the problem, I tried connecting my phone to the public library's wifi, and it worked.

Thanks for your help in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lg-p500h-drops-wifi.1014420/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys in the last day or so, my Technicolor TG587n v3 modem's wifi disconnects and then restarts whenever I reboot my galaxy S4, wired internet stays connected but wifi turns off, any ideas?

A:Modem drops wifi

Okay. Who is your ISP. There has been known issues for that model. That is why most go with their own equipment for Internet. Too many issues with the all-in-one gateways.

You could just turn off the onboard wifi, and use a Wireless Access Point instead. I use the Engenius ECB-350 for my network. Never have had any issues with it. I can pick it up to 75' from my house.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52517-modem-drops-wifi.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My wifi driver disappears from my HP Envy laptop. The driver is a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adaptor. Prior to and after upgrading the operating system to Windws 10, the computer would not display the Qualcommm upon startup. Rather, the computer would not detect any wifi capaility and any troubleshooting information provided was to plug in a cable for internet. Searching for the Qualcomm doesn't help. For the last 4 startups the Qualcom has not reappeared. We ethen removed the Windows 10 operating system and reverted back to Windows 8.1, Th e qualcomm and wifi appeared briefly, but the computer froze and now, following 4 start-ups it does not reappear. In rder to post this question, I've had t plug the computer in. Please advise. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-driver-drops/td-p/5645459
Relevancy 54.61%

Win home bit on Gateway laptop My laptop Wifi keeps dropping InSSider shows the beacon signal strength of my router - dB well above other networks near me at - dB My router drops continuously connectivity Wifi is the only broadcaster on its channel InSSider shows receiving the signal at - dB but then drops down to - dB which is complete loss then back up It may be Wifi continuously drops connectivity up for three or four seconds or only a second before dropping The up down is continuous Control panel shows no warnings Everything is installed correctly I power cycled the router as well as the modem uninstalled reinstalled the drivers for the Wifi continuously drops connectivity wifi adapter Installed newer wifi drivers I changed channels on the router Changed authentication type then back to WPA ipconfig release all renew SSID is not hidden Replaced the router and tried everything again --signal still up then down then up down--changing routers gives same results Connectivity is constant with Ethernet non-wireless connection Last night between a m and Wifi continuously drops connectivity a m the wifi signal was steady No drop out at all But after the connection is never up for more than a few seconds before going down Unable to locate any potential interference--appliances that may have been off during the solid time On a different computer the local network and wifi has good connectivity InSSider shows the signal coming from the router to be steady no drop out Any ideas Here is a screen shot of what InSSider shows My wireless router connectivity is the red line You can see its signal strength is strong then drops to nothing then back up and repeats these cycles are happening within a minute this is without anything trying access the network When I try to access the internet either through a program or through a browser probably times out of as soon as I click on a link the connection drops

A:Wifi continuously drops connectivity

You might want to start up in Safe mode with Networking to determine if this problem is caused by an installed program or software.

Safe Mode with Networking - Add to Windows Boot Manager Screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299373-wifi-continuously-drops-connectivity.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My first book went 4 months good speed functional loved it. Then DEAD
BB replaced ..then one week after receiving the new unit. Unstable and even though we have 100 mbs speed the book only runs at 7 SEVEN.
Try that on you tube 4K. Hah.
Tried the supposed fix in RegEdit
To nanda. Any clues folks before I depart to Linux,

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441508-wifi-speed-drops-zip-first-week-use.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My wifi goes in and out alot. It's happens on multiple phone, labtops, and a gaming system. So, I feel it's specific to my router not my computers. I want something I can prove to my provider that my wifi keeps dropping. I have Time Warner Cable. Modem information is
Cable Modem Information
Ubee:
Cable Modem : DOCSIS 3.0 Compliant
Boot Code Version : 14.3.1e
Software Version : 8.14.3105
Hardware Version : 3.13.1
CA Key : Installed

The computer I will be running on is windows 8. I don't have net3.5 on my computer.

Free please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-to-monitor-wifi-drops.1155307/
Relevancy 54.61%

So hello When I m next to the room where the router is the WiFi connection sometimes just drops I d say occasionaly Laptop drops wifi that I can surf something like - minutes and then all of sudden the WiFi connection drops and the WiFi tray icon says that I have a limited connection Though the signal quality is and sometimes even which is maximum And then it takes like - seconds to get everything back to normal again But then again when I was in the same room as my router actually on the same desk as the router I didn t have any problems with WiFi dropping - I think I ll test later tonight again if there s really a difference if I sit basically next to the router and then Laptop wifi occasionaly drops when I go to the other room the connection starts dropping every once in a Laptop wifi occasionaly drops while and remember I still have an excellent signal quality And I ll add just in case that I haven t had any problems with wired connection And in our household we ve got one laptop more and this one hasn t had any problems with WiFi dropping So it must be something with my laptop I guess I m sure you need some more details as well so there you go - WiFi network card Atheros Communications AR Wireless Network Adapter According to device manager Driver date Driver version - Second network card for wired connection I guess Attansic Now owned by Atheros AR Gigabit Ethernet According to device manager Driver date Driver version - OS Windows bit - Router SpeedTouch WL - Software release - Anti-virus McAfee Internet Security Can t tell you the exact version because it has different versions for different things For example SecurityCenter has v and VirusScan has v Just to add that I ve heard that some people have had problems with WiFi and it has been anti-virus fault Well I m not planning to keep McAfee I ll get rid of it soon But I think it might help if I mention the anti-virus program too If there s any other detail that I forgot to mention let me know and ask Cheers A-placid

A:Laptop wifi occasionaly drops

You could always disable or reinstall your antivirus if you speculate that its causing such problem. What router and laptop model do you use? Have you tried changing channel for the router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467978/laptop-wifi-occasionaly-drops/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have a rather annoying issue and i'm stuck trying to find out 10 drops adapter every seconds Wifi a solution My D-link Ac wifi adapter keeps losing connection to my router every seconds I have tried many solutions to try and fix this from unplugging and restarting my pcrolling back the driving and updating themexchanged the device for a new replacementupdating the motherboard biosun checking the power setting to stop the device from being turned but still nothing fixes the issue take note that this only occurs on my pc which is brand new works fine on my laptop doesn't drop out every seconds Would anyone have any idea or have the Wifi adapter drops out every 10 seconds same issue with a solution to the problem Here is the ping with the issue Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/129742-wifi-adapter-drops-out-every-10-seconds.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello This problem is frustrating me a lot now After upgrading to WIndows I frequently 10 drops Windows Wifi have noticed that my Wi-Fi connection frequently drops without any pattern whatsover It just drops randomly and re-connects after - minutes If I attempt to connect to the network in that period Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently of - minutes it will sometimes connect and sometimes fail I have other laptops of which has Windows and they don't experience this problem I have searched online and tried tons of things Nothing has fixed the problem so far Below are all the things I tried Please help if you have any suggestions or if there are known issues with Windows Updated the driver software Uninstalled the driver and re-installed it Unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter Uninstalled anti-virus to eliminate anti-virus as the issue Disabled 'Wifi Sense' options of 'Connect to suggested hotspots' amp 'Connect to networks shared by my contacts' I am clueless as to what the issue is Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63181-windows-10-wifi-drops-frequently.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Every day or so, my wifi connection will no longer have internet access.  I have 2 HP Pavilion's and 1 Lenovo.  This is the only one that has this issue.  I've had the hard drive replaced and everything reinstalled for other reasons, but the issue with internet connectivity is still there.  If I hover over the WiFi icon in the lower right coner, it tells me right now the NETGEAR router I'm connected to and says Internet access below it.  When I've dropped internet access, the icon will have a yellow mark on it and hovering shows my NETGEAR router but it says no internet access. All I have to do is disconnect from my router and reconnect and I'll have internet access again, but that gets irritating. Could this be a hardware issue on my laptop and how do I determine that?  I'm still under warranty for another 2 months.

A:WiFi drops internet connection

You Can read the entry ghost WiFi I have dpne an optimization with Avast optimizer but I can't be sure if was the solution.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-drops-internet-connection/td-p/5806695
Relevancy 54.61%

Have several Chromebook 14 G4 that drop their WiFi connection and then will not find any wireless networks until after a restart.  This happens often when waking from sleep and the Chromebook will not reconnect as scanning for wireless networks comes up with nothing until the device is restarted   Turning the WiFi off and back on again does not resolve the problem.    Version 50.0.2661.103 (64-bit)Platform 7978.74.0 (Official Build) stable-channel kipFirmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25

A:Chromebook 14 G4 drops WiFi connection

#HPExpertDayI guess you may have to run a power wash. Also check for new updates.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Chromebook-14-G4-drops-WiFi-connection/td-p/5624727
Relevancy 54.61%

Can I somehow automatically reconnect if my wireless network drops? Now I must choose Repair connection to reconnect. Can it be done automatically?

Relevancy 54.61%

the wifi range in my laptop is very very less.. it does not connect to the wifi network even when router is at a distaance of 2 feet... but when they are side by side it gets connected showing low signal strenght... i tried updating bios.. updating drivers.. formatting.. also but the problem still remains... currently i am using winsows 10 pro...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection-drops-and-very-very-very-low-in-range/td-p/5620107
Relevancy 54.61%

I bought this laptop in May with Windows OS installed and took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows Everything has been great and I love Windows up until a recent system update Since then every time I use the laptop the wifi connection keeps dropping out The wifi symbol in the system tray goes greyed out with a star on it If I right click and select troubleshoot the following problems are found nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Problem with wireless adapter or access point nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Detected nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp in a yellow triangle nbsp nbsp nbsp The default gateway is not available nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Fixed nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Tick in a green circle nbsp I then close the window and click on the wifi icon but I have no available networks despite having Galaxy S 's and other drops wIfI 10 since out Windows upgrade laptops running wIfI drops out since Windows 10 upgrade this is normal amount of devices to be on nbsp I have done a factory reset and already lost a lot of software and I really don't know what to do nbsp Can anyone please help nbsp Moose

A:wIfI drops out since Windows 10 upgrade

Hey @MooseHP?,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community! I understand that you're having troubles with the wireless connection on your HP Envy 17 Notebook. I'd be happy to help you with this. The following Document page is helpful when troubleshooting wireless connectivity issues.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 10)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from HP.com but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas. I would also strongly suggest running the HP Support Assistant.The following are some helpful links for troubleshooting the HP Support Assistant or downloading the latest version:HP Support AssistantHP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8) Run through these steps and let me know how it goes. Please keep me posted.  You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!Cheers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wIfI-drops-out-since-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5397647
Relevancy 54.61%

Hope someone can help with this I ve recently connection. wifi drops Vista the got a new modem router hub and when I try to connect to it wirelessly it ll connect but then my computer will drop the connection and won Vista drops the wifi connection. t get it back until I restart I m certain it s a computer problem and not a router or modem problem since my mother s netbook Vista drops the wifi connection. can connect and stay connected for hours The router is in my living room and it doesn t matter where my computer is whether it s in the living room too or in Vista drops the wifi connection. my own room the connection will still drop When I open up quot Connect to a network quot in Vista there are absolutely no networks in the list even though I know there are plenty in my apartment block The wifi switch is on and the list only refreshes when I restart The connection can drop at any time whether it s seconds after I ve connected or minutes but it does it a lot and it s becoming infuriating I hope someone can help with this because it s driving me nuts already Any advice will be very much appreciated and if there s any specs that need to be supplied I can definitely do that Thanks in advance Nikki nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I am having a problem with my wireless network in my home. Whenever download speeds over 2mbps go on for over a minute or so, the whole wireless network goes down for around a minute and boots back up. The wired connection works fine during this time. The Router I am using is a Netgear R6200 and it is broadcasting dual-band up to 300mbps and 800 mbps respectively. The drop in coverage happens regardless of which band I am using. Does anyone have any thoughts or possible solutions?

My speedtest numbers are 33.09 mbps download and 6.04mbps upload.

A:WiFi drops over 2mbps in download

is this downloading via wireless / cable or wireless only and you say only wireless is effected

sounds like an issue with the router,

confirm that downloading via cable - works OK and does not effect the wireless at all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-drops-over-2mbps-in-download.1113619/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem whereby my wifi drops out and then reconnects a few seconds later. This problem is on my computer as I've checked my router's logs and it doesn't mention anything untowards.

The Event Viewer reports this:

Quote:
The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state.

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7036
Level: Information
User: N/A
OpCode: Info
Logged: 26/04/12 19:25:54
Task Category: None
Keywords: Classic
Computer: computer

It doesn't happen every day and always happens when I'm using the computer. Can anyone off me advice please? I have my computer set up to only connect to one specific network and it always does this.

A:Wifi Drops Out Occasionally and Reconnects

Quote: Originally Posted by bingefeller

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem whereby my wifi drops out and then reconnects a few seconds later. This problem is on my computer as I've checked my router's logs and it doesn't mention anything untowards.

The Event Viewer reports this:

Quote:
The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state.

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7036
Level: Information
User: N/A
OpCode: Info
Logged: 26/04/12 19:25:54
Task Category: None
Keywords: Classic
Computer: computer

It doesn't happen every day and always happens when I'm using the computer. Can anyone off me advice please? I have my computer set up to only connect to one specific network and it always does this.

This problem usually occurs because your router is set to use a wireless channel that is overloaded by your neighbors WIFI connection.

It's best to scan the networks in your area then choose a channel that is furthest away from the ones your neighbors are using. Xirrus WIFI scanner works well for this. You can post the results here if you still aren't sure which channel to choose.

Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226653-wifi-drops-out-occasionally-reconnects.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I lose wireless internet connection consistently I can get it back up by switching airplane mode on drops wifi Another Solved: problem and off or disconnecting and reconnecting the connection but then it ll drop again in either a few minutes or sometimes a few hours no consistency I m using Windows on a Lenovo G s see below Router is Asus RT-AC P Dual Band Doesn t matter if I m next to the router or on other side of the house Just so you know Other computers in house and phone and tablets work perfectly with the Asus Lenovo works perfectly on Ethernet and Solved: Another wifi drops problem also works fine with the xfinitywifi public but of course that s not secure The Comcast combination xfinity modem and wireless didn t work well for anyone so put it in bridge mode and bought the Asus router I have tried to no avail choosing channels on both and rather than auto setting rebooting everything trying to avoid resetting router since everything else in the house works perfectly with it double checked the proxy settings as recommended Seems to me it has to be some peculiar setting on the Lenovo computer related to the Asus router since xfinitywifi works just fine Thanks for any help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO INVALID Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I am a new iPhone user. I can get my iPhone to pick up the Wi Fi signal from my PC(Windows XP SP2) and Thomson (o2) router with netgear Wi Fi adaptor, but it drops the Wi Fi signal and goes on to the slower GPS signal almost as soon as I start using it on the Wi Fi connection. I see what appears to be a similar problem was posted in May '09 but the I could not understand the reply and do not think it aswers my problem.

I'd appreciate any advice that can be offered.

Will

Relevancy 53.75%

If my computer is not right next to the router and is idle for a while, the wifi connection drops. I have to "Open Network & Sharing Center", "Change adapter settings", disable and re-enable to reconnect. It's not a router issue since all other devices connect just fine.

A:Wifi drops - have to disable then re-enable to connect

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if unchecking the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' box on the Power Management tab for the wireless card in the device manager, resolves the problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-drops-have-to-disable-then-re-enable-to-connect/td-p/5604579
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a K450e with a 1x1 11bgn wireless adapter (Broadcom?) that drops and takes up t one hour to reconnect.The started after Microsoft pushed out the Windows upgrade mid august.I can'r find any new drivers. Anyone have a solusion? I posted a request ti the Swedish sopport aug 17 but haven't heard from them.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/WiFi-connection-drops-on-K450e-with-Windows-10-after-Windows/td-p/3399894
Relevancy 53.75%

Here's a weird wifi drops connections xp both Accessing share one for you experts Background I have an XP pro x machine on wireless with shared folders a Ultimate x machine fresh install on Accessing xp share drops both wifi connections wireless and Linksys Wireless wired router I'll get the model number later can't remember I've had the Accessing xp share drops both wifi connections shares on xp set up for a long time and never had an issue with them on XP or Vista machines The two machines are on the same router same subnet same workgroup home individually assigned IPs and can access the outside fine does not have a quot share group quot set up Issue Whenever I access a shared folder from the machine it connects fine until I start to transfer files It will make it anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes before the wireless connections on both machines are dropped The connection problems only happen when copying shared files I can browse shared folders or internet all I want I've been through the How-to-share tutorials but no change Any ideas what to try next Side note that may or may not have any bearing I had been having an issue where the wireless adapter didn't exist device manager or anywhere else after coming back from sleep That required me to reboot to see it again I fixed it by disabling the save power feature on the driver and disabling sleep mode

A:Accessing xp share drops both wifi connections

might be worth a look at a small program called "Net Stumbler" it will show if there is another network using the same frequency and channel number
In the share make sure "everyone' is in the share group and your permissions are set up on each share

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176725-accessing-xp-share-drops-both-wifi-connections.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My brothers WiFi will cut off when he tries to play any games whether online or not.

He can download files fine off the net, talk on net voice chats like Skype, but as soon as he tries to play a game he drops out.

His WiFi works fine at my house, but when he takes his PC back to his WiFi network the problem returns.

He has tried another adapter, re installed all the drivers.

What do you think could be the problem?

If you want any error logs or anything please let me know as I don't know where they are and I will grab them off him.

This problem has been occurring for a few months and we have not found a way to fix it

Relevancy 53.75%

greetings i have found a few threads here that describe problems similar to mine but nothing exactly i've also used those threads to do a bit of troubleshooting but nothing has worked i connect to wifi on my computer it works fine no when connection wifi TV (hdmi) PC drops gets power problem my tv is connected to my pc via hdmi i PC drops wifi connection when TV gets power (hdmi) get video PC drops wifi connection when TV gets power (hdmi) and audio fine on my tv PC drops wifi connection when TV gets power (hdmi) when i'm using it through my pc the problem is when my tv gets power the wifi on my pc drops and it stops recognizing all of the wireless networks in the area that are normally on the list it still will see my network as it is set to automatically connect to it but when i try to connect while the tv has power it will not it's not just when the tv gets turned on but when it actually gets power when it gets plugged in to the wall socket when i unplug the tv all of the wireless networks pop back up on my list and i can connect to mine with no problems i'll also note that when my tv has power and i have no wifi on my pc i still do have wifi on my phone the router is about feet from me in another room my network adapter is a Qualcomm Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter and i'm running windows tv is a toshiba not a smart tv uninstalled and installed newest drivers for the network adapter it's set to not turn off the adapter to save power and it's set to high performance i've run the troubleshooters both when the tv has no power pc has wifi and when the tv has power pc has no wifi it always says there is nothing wrong with the adapter any help or ideas would be much appreciated

A:PC drops wifi connection when TV gets power (hdmi)

Welcome to the forum!

Your post is a bit confusing. You talk about HDMI and WiFi which have nothing to do with each other. Plugging in HDMI to the TV should have no affect on your WiFI unless you have a computer hardware problem.

Also no mention of router make/model. Computer make/model would be nice too.

Going by what you describe with the TV it sounds like your computer's HDMI port is messed up. Have you tried different HDMI cable?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63529-pc-drops-wifi-connection-when-tv-gets-power-hdmi.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an Envy 15t purchased in January 2016. Everything works except the WiFi, it keeps dropping. I have restored it, updated it, and updated the driver with no change in the operation. I have another laptop an Envy dv6 with a different wireless card and it works fine. This PC has the Broadcom BCM 43142. Anyone have solution or do I need to replace the PC?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-Broadcom-BCM-43142-randomly-drops/td-p/5634082
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys/gals!

This problem just recently started happening with my computer. I'll be playing a video game or surfing the web or whatever and all of a sudden my wifi connection will drop.

So I'll click the wifi symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the screen to reconnect... but even though it will say that there are connections when I hover over the icon, the list of possible connections will be blank.

I uploaded a screenshot to imgur so you can see for yourself: http://i.imgur.com/qAC5YX1.jpg

The only way for me to fix this problem is to system restore to a few days ago. But this is getting pretty tedious.

Help please?

Relevancy 53.75%

I recently upgraded the OS on my old Pavillion dv6700 notebook from Vista to Windows 10. The wireless network adapter often drops out when the device is not in use - it may work okay for days, or  sometimes only minutes. Sometimes running the troubleshoot routine resets the adapter and sometimes the adapter has to be disabled and then re-enabled. (Turning the laptop off and on again also works.) I understand that this is an old device, but everything else works fine and even though this problem is relatively easy to rectify, it is annoying. Is there a simple solution to this issue. 

A:dv 6700 windows 10 wifi adapter drops out

Hi: See if unchecking the 'allow windows to turn off this device to save power' box on the power options tab for the wireless card works for you. What model wireless card does your notebook have? There may be other tweaks you can do on the Advanced tab.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/dv-6700-windows-10-wifi-adapter-drops-out/td-p/5640538
Relevancy 53.75%

Wifi connection periodically drops on extensa 2510. OS: Win10. Adapter: Broadcom 802.11n (driver: 6.30.223.234) Is there any solution?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Extensa/Wifi-connection-drops-on-extensa-2510/td-p/466805
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi TeamI got a Thinkpad X1 Carbon with Win10 clean instalation and all updated. The Laptop in under Warranty so if I m not able to solve this issue I will return the Laptop.The WIFI card is an Intel N7260 and all the time and at any time unexpexted is droping the WIFI connection. I have updated the driver downloading from Lenovo and yesterday I downloaded the last driver from INTEL but the problem persists.If any guideline to solve will be great. Thank you.

Captura.PNG ?306 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Win10-WIFI-drops-intermitent/td-p/3393249
Relevancy 53.75%

I am having a frustrating time with my network I work for an animall hospital and we have a wired wireless network with computers mixed vista ultimate and xp pro with server sp on the server I am using a Linksys WRT n router My main problem is with my wireless computers a desktop with a US Robotics g turbo and one of my laptops a Dell Inspiron They are and network drops Wireless slow network is Solved: signal no more then feet from the router and Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow always have a strong signal but will drop their connection and have to be logged of and logged back on It is very frustrating because there is no rhyme or reason for it Sometimes it will stay connected all day without dropping and other days it will drop - times I am not sure if this is related or not but there are several wireless networks that can be seen by these computers including a Comcast WIFI and an Optonline WIFI Also the network will slow down every so often wired as well as wireless and I am no sure what the is about Our applications that we run are not very intence no graphics or large packets being sent Some one said they thought there might be a some sort of a Windows Sharing App running on the server Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow that was bogging it down but I am not sure Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Supergroomer nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi All Need some help here - my brother got this Desktop built and I believe it is an Asus motherboard build judging by the branded name and devices I can see It used to use the Asus Wifi-ap Solo driver and I noticed that the device is actually a Realtek one and also noticed that the speed drops from the standard mbps down to sometimes mbps or even mbps and then it ramps up to then and so on The router is about - m away in the next room I don t believe it is anything blocking the signal as I can connect with my laptop in the same room with the mbps signal strength I read 54mbp - 5.5Mbp Realtek8187L tp Drops Wifi Speed somewhere here that to try to uninstall the Asus driver lots of complaints on the net forums and re-install the Realtek driver but it still has not worked Any other suggestions I turned off window auto-updates about weeks ago as I had another problem which was resolved Could it be something on windows causing this disruption Cheers all nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

My computer always gives me the warning sign that I have limited connection about every ten minutes. I then trouble shoot it with (what else) windows trouble shooter. It fixes it self saying "The default gateway is not available." With the "Fixed" sign to the right. Then 10 mins later its down again. This only happens when I am using the internet not when I'm editing a video or something.

A:Wifi problems connection drops to limited every 10 minutes

Is this on your home router/gateway, or on public hotspots.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52275-wifi-problems-connection-drops-limited-every-10-minutes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've always thought so highly of HP and as such decided to purchase an HP laptop - nbsp an HP Envy -K ca Notebook nbsp I have had some issues from the start and one in particular is making for a Notebook. on brand HP constantly Envy drops new Wifi rather unpleasant experience nbsp The wifi connection keeps dropping nbsp It drops when the system is put in Wifi drops constantly on brand new HP Envy Notebook. sleep mode when I surf the net and even after a reboot nbsp nbsp I walked through Wifi drops constantly on brand new HP Envy Notebook. the issue and a few others with HP's nbsp nbsp help desk this evening and after hours was met with the same problem nbsp I am now having to reboot the computer and troubleshoot to try and maintain a wifi connection nbsp This is my first experience with an HP Laptop and I'm disappointed nbsp It's unfortunate but I may have to return it nbsp I'll be walking over to Apple for a replacement nbsp If someone from HP can resolve this for once and for all it would be helpful Otherwise I will have no choice but to return the unit nbsp Note nbsp I've noticed that others experience the same issue nbsp I requested that HP's Help Desk install drivers to resolve the issue nbsp If this didn't work after our session this evening then I'm afraid it may be a hardware issue nbsp nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Wifi drops constantly on brand new HP Envy Notebook.

Hello, Thank you for taking time to respond.  It appears that the box was already unchecked.  Good idea though as others may have this checked and can hopefully look into this solution.  I asked tech support in India to download drivers that could rectify the issue.  It appears to have worked. Thank you again.Madison.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-drops-constantly-on-brand-new-HP-Envy-Notebook/td-p/5188991
Relevancy 53.32%

The Wifi adapter (Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn) has been malfunctioning for the past two weeks. The wifi signal strength of visible networks is vey weak. It shows good strength in other devices though. Also, the Bluetooth , when turned on, never finishes searching for nearby devices. So, i am unable to connect to new devices. This laptop is 2 years old. Please suggest methods to resolve.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-connectivity-drops-and-bluetooth-never-finishes/td-p/5621395
Relevancy 53.32%

So, this is my second Spectre x360 15t (2016 skylake) model and it has the same issue. When im not mobile, and working from home, I close the laptop and plug it into my docking station and HDMI adapter to work with a full keyboard and dual screens. But, everything I do this, the wifi drops instantly.  The first spectre x360 I had did this too, so I know its not a defect. Is nobody else having this issue?  It will work just fine if I even "crack" the screen open a little (literally half inch) and the wifi goes to full bars, but as soon as I close the lid completely, it drops to the point that pages wont load.  I believe this is a design flaw, but I've google and searched with nobody else complaining?  Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Spectre-x360-15-Wifi-Drops-when-display-is-closed/td-p/5634438
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I'd love some input on the following problem It is not modem related as we just now got another modem from the ISP to completely heavy on even drops WiFi using traffic, when wired see if the problem was resolved It was for a week Then it started again Setup Current Modem router Inteno dg- -r a and previous Telewell cannot remember what model newest firmware on both problem occurred with the latter a bit more frequently Two PCs both WIRED to the router One iPhone sometimes also a Windows phone connecting Wireless One SmartTV LG connecting Wireless One Chromecast also Wireless Internet Mbit down and up We can use pcs at the same time or a pc and a TV or WiFi drops completely on heavy traffic, even when using wired Chromecast Never all devices at the same time WiFi drops completely on heavy traffic, even when using wired It seems to be the case that the wireless environment network internet in our home crashes completely whenever we are handling any kind of larger traffic even the kind that should be OK for this modem like downloads This means any bigger download can break down our wireless environment even if the download occurred wired on my PC on steam for example That means our wifi can go down if I download a big file on wired yes I'm not that this is the cause but it seems to be a systematic occurance whenever wifi goes down - a lot of data got transferred either from the internet or locally It also never tries to buffer anything if this happens with the TV streaming PC- gt TV using Serviio It just either works or work for a bit and then suddenly our wifi will go poof again all our wired stuff will still work flawlessly Can be in the first minute or after hours I recognize that this modem is not meant for streaming HD stuff wirelessly to our TV or even wired yet it works of the time I'd expect it to be laggy or buffering if it cannot handle the traffic yet none of that Wifi just goes down done gone disappeared evaporated It's out of the air and stays out of the air forever until I take off electricity from my modem and plug it back in Mostly I'm confused to why the Wifi would die if I'm downloading anything on my wired connection about of the time Thinking it was a faulty modem was a great theory until it turned out to not be the case and now I'm not even sure sinking - euro my own modem router will fix it whatever is causing it Some details perhaps of import Internet DOES drop out completely even on wired for a brief period of time usually between to minutes This happened this morning and the wifi cut-out happened just now It happened almost every day on the old modem Telewell but only once that we're aware of on the Inteno once in weeks now We have suffered DDOS attacks in the past months ago but we were using a different router and different OSes at that time We should have a different IP now and router logs have always been clean afterwards I kept a paranoid eye on that Router logs of the Telewell were devoid of any useful information concerning the issue and this Inteno doesn't seem to have logs trying to find amp enable them Thanks for any ideas

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59368-wifi-drops-completely-heavy-traffic-even-when-using-wired.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So, this is my second Spectre x360 15 in model and it has the same issue. When im not mobile, and working from home, I close the laptop and plug it into my docking station and HDMI adapter to work with a full keyboard and dual screens. But, everything I do this, the wifi drops instantly.  The first spectre x360 I had did this too, so I know its not a defect. Is nobody else having this issue?  It will work just fine if I even "crack" the screen open a little (literally half inch) and the wifi goes to full bars, but as soon as I close the lid completely, it drops to the point that pages wont load.  I believe this is a design flaw, but I've google and searched with nobody else complaining?  Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Spectre-x360-15-Wifi-Drops-to-when-display-is-closed/td-p/5634438
Relevancy 53.32%

I hope the title made a little sense We currently have - laptops on location depending on the day There are around signals in the area including our two from on wifi, working same 2nd LAN connect drops to Internet SSID will which isn't insane considering signals in an apt building isn't unusual and rarely causes conflict This is in a two story office building with ours on the top floor Directly below us is a restaurant which I assume some of their appliances mess with our signal Regardless of that we still have great signal strength We have two routers in Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN the office to help ensure signal strength and two SSIDs for the swapping mentioned below A random number laptops at random times of the day will lose connection to our signals Which laptop when how many laptops and which SSID is not consistent There is nothing wrong on the WiFi icon or an ipconfig all and others will still be working on the network just fine You can then swap to the other SSID which could at the current time have users working on Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN it and users with it broken and your internet works I've tried to find some sort of pattern behind this Time brand model laptop and WiFi card nothing leads to a pattern No where in our office is the signal weak Sometimes we do remote conferences Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN presentation from our location and it looks quite bad when the laptop presenting the remote session randomly drops in the middle of it so it's becoming quite an issue there It of course is a nuisance regardless of what people are using the internet for Any suggestions of something to try Edit I forgot to mention that both routers are simply APs connected to the main firewall which does dhcp etc

A:Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN

Quote: Originally Posted by tanwedar

Edit: I forgot to mention that both routers are simply APs connected to the main firewall which does dhcp etc.

Just to clarify some terminology...

APs (i.e. "access points") are more often referred to "wireless access points", i.e. WAPs.

They are not in fact "routers". They are simply "wireless access points", which provide secondary wireless networks (i.e. SSID's) at remote distant locations away from the primary router, through a wired connection to the true primary wired router. This solution is commonly used when the wireless network available from the true primary router just can't reach the remote location dependably because of walls, distance or other radio frequency interference in the neighborhood.

Any device connecting (either wireless, or even wired if the WAP also provides some wired connectors as part of its "wired/wireless switch" technology) through these secondary wireless networks is actually passed on through by the AP to the primary router, where true network connected device management and DHCP occurs. Devices connecting to the WAP (either wired or wireless, doesn't matter) all appear as "wired connected devices" back on the primary router. This is because the WAP really is a "wired multi-port switch" from the perspective of the primary router, and any device connected through a wired switch will appear as a "wired connected device" on the primary router. It just happens that a WAP also provides a wireless way to connect to it, but this fact is hidden from the primary router and still looks like a "wired connected device".

Also, the primary main router (where DHCP management occurs) does normally also contain "firewall" technology to prevent intrusion from the outside. But the device itself is still referred to as a "router", not a "firewall".
Now, as to your actual issue, which I'd describe as random and occasional and unpredictable "fadeout" of wireless connectivity to assorted laptops, even while other laptops remain connected just fine to the same wireless network (i.e. SSID, from one of your two WAPs). The existing wireless connection is working fine from that laptop, until for no apparent reason it just is lost.

Well, I'm not sure there's an actual true solution here. I'd say it might be externally caused by the comings and goings of the other wireless networks also active in your building, potentially causing occasional RF interference on the very same wireless channel that happens to be in use for your own various wireless connected laptops which might then be affected. Remember that if your laptops vary by manufacturer and type, then the wireless adapters in them almost certainly also varies in their capability and sensitivity and reliability. Even when two laptops are side by side, their wireless reliability may vary depending on which wireless network they're currently connected to, as well as just their own inherent wireless hardware capability.
These types of situations can certainly be bothersome and annoying, as they are intermittent and seem to elude any genuine correction attempts, but are really "fatal" when they occur and that's harmful. But you can certainly try out other adaptations to improve the reliability and consistency.

(1) you can try WAP hardware from different manufacturers, to see if that provides superior performance. The WAP units from Ubiquiti (which come in assorted capabilities and prices depending on your need) are very highly regarded for commercial WiFi setup situations, and perhaps need to be installed professionally. But you presumably get what you pay for. I don't have any firsthand experience with these myself (other than to read the user reviews) but they're probably much more consistent and dependable than everyday inexpe... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354646-internet-drops-working-wifi-will-connect-2nd-ssid-same-lan.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Good Evening,  I recently purchased a Lenovo Erazer x315 for my girlfriend which worked fine for the first week. Now however the Wi-Fi keeps dropping connection, though it shows it?s still connected and she has to manually disconnect and reconnect to the Wi-Fi. It has disconnected her 4 times in the last hour as I've been trying to google solutions. She did the scan via the diagnostics page on this website and nothing failed. We thought it could be her router taking a dump, but her old laptop has been able to maintain a connection throughout her disconnects. The tower is primarily used for Teamspeak, Archeage, Minecraft, YouTube, FB, and a few artsy programs she has. Don?t know if any of that would affect it. Any help would be appreciated, being that I'm in the military, gaming is our main source of keeping in touch. The constant DC's are kind of aggravating to say the least. 

A:Lenovo Erazer X315, Constantly drops Wifi.

Hi there. Try to reinstall the wireless driver for the computer. QCA Wifi driver: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/Lenovo-Erazer-X-Series-desktops/Le... Realtek Wifi driver: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/Lenovo-Erazer-X-Series-desktops/Le... Realtek Wireless Lan driver: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/Lenovo-Erazer-X-Series-desktops/Le...

I'm a Lenovo advocate, part of the Lenovo INsiders program. #LenovoIN. I don't work for Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Lenovo-Erazer-X315-Constantly-drops-Wifi/td-p/3293356
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I am new here but have done some. Searching and can't find my exact issue.

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-42LE540U tv. I can connect to. The 2.4mhz band of my Asus router. But after a day the connection gets lost.

When I go into Menu>Initial Setup>Internet Setup>Network Setup>Wireless Setup ... It shows 3 bars on the correct SSID. Using WPA2(AES) password.

Have tried. Rebooting router, modem, reset tv. Same issue replicates daily and sometimes within a few hours.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

A:Sharp Aquos drops wifi connection daily

do you have a PC with wireless at all - or a laptop you can put near the TV
it maybe channel interference , and it would be useful to see what channel your router is on, and what other signals are on

if you do have a PC please do the following
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharp-aquos-drops-wifi-connection-daily.1112105/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey all Hope I can get some help with a problem that has been bugging me since I WiFi can't out hangs computer drops on and reconnect, shutdown/restart installed W This problem appears to be random and happens a couple of time a month It is really annoying What happens is the WiFi appears to stop working It can't find any available networks and won't reconnect no matter what I do I have even tried closing restarting explorer but that does nothing If I try to shut-down or restart my computer it just hangs on the shut-down restart screen I have to hold down the power button to get my computer to shut-down The weird thing is after a restart it works fine for a few weeks WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart It just seems very strange I use a WiFi dongle I have a couple of them so I tried each one - they all eventually give me the same result I have a HP if that helps I notice that my father in law's rig also does this occasionally He also has a HP albeit a different model

A:WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart

I'm having the same issues. I don't use a wifi dongle though. My computer is toshiba satellite P75. The problem has happened a couple of times since upgrading to Windows 10 a month ago.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36515-wifi-drops-out-cant-reconnect-computer-hangs-shutdown-restart.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys I got this problem it only comes computer 10 Windows can't laptop restart occasionally drops wifi, up occasionally like once every couple of weeks but I can't seem to figure it out I have a Toshiba laptop and I connect to the internet using wifi Sometimes the wifi would Windows 10 laptop occasionally drops wifi, computer can't restart stop working It shows that I'm still connected to my wifi but with an exclamation mark that says limited or no internet I disconnect and then try again but now my computer doesn't detect any wifi network I usually can see a bunch of wifi networks but when it happens I cannot detect any I have a couple external hard drives connected to my laptop too When this wifi problem occurs I also couldn't access the external hard drives I disconnect them but they still show up in My Computer and I can click on them even though they're empty inside My last problem is that when this wifi problem happens I can't restart the computer It just hangs so I either have to hold the power button down to restart or to wait for five or so minutes before windows tells me it's having trouble and then it restarts My network drivers have all been updated I do have a VPN service minimized but it's off almost always and it was never running when this wifi problem occurs I also have Norton Antivirus on I don't know what could be causing it because I'm not just getting the wifi problem only and this problem has occurred about five times since upgrading to Windows this past winter So it's not too often but I don't know what could be causing it Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40009-windows-10-laptop-occasionally-drops-wifi-computer-cant-restart.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone Our college Drops Random Wifi During Summers on College Dorms Internet dorm is like a story building with two corridors on each level having a wifi router after every meters that serves probably rooms each room having Random Internet Drops on College Dorms Wifi During Summers people The internet is provided to us by our ict dept which for some reason no one knows where it is So the problem is that during summertime especially this issue comes up guys sitting in the same room s getting a perfectly smooth internet and the others internet drops after every few seconds for about seconds At times a guy sitting in my room will be getting disconnections but i wont Other people on the floor are facing this issue too I have confirmed that the channels being used by the wifi modems routers sorry i dont know the difference is either or on all of them The wifi signal remains the same during this quot disconnection quot period I still see bars but i cant surf or if im downloading it goes down to kbps for about seconds or more then comes back for a little while before disconnecting again I cant understand the issue What just happened now is that on a pc my friend was using a usb tp link tl-wn n to access wifi and he was facing disconnections All he did was come to my room get my roomates tp link same model and its working perfectly for him now Please for the love of goodness help me

A:Random Internet Drops on College Dorms Wifi During Summers

Yes that is very common in Dorms. It all depends on how they have the WIFI A/P's are set up.

The IT group could also be using the Summer break to upgrade equipment, replace bad Ethernet cables, switches, etc.

You need to go talk to the IT dept. for the school and see what is going on.

My son had to use a Netgear Ac USB external adapter with a USB jumper to get a proper signal in certain areas on his campus.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65739-random-internet-drops-college-dorms-wifi-during-summers.html
Relevancy 52.89%

my internet was fine until i upgraded to windows8 btw im using the latest build i bought from micrsoft store and put on disc myself. with my own key and everything.

latest bios on asus m4a89td pro usb3 motherboard.
six core amd FX-6200 at 4.4ghz overclocked.

latest drivers from netgear. and latest drivers and firmare on my linksys e3200 router. internet is comcast.

i can basically be surfing the net. downloading utorrent. playind diablo and it shows the little yellow triagle on my connection in the corner.

go to event viewer and the most common is the DNS CLIENT EVENTS WITH CODE 1014.

it never did this with windows 7. someone help. i cant do this.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12047-wifi-drops-internet-wnda3100v2-dns-client-events-1004-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My computer is a Toshiba Sattelite o/s win 7. My wi fi signal is excellent, yet my signal keeps dropping or saying limited access. I have tried resetting the router and resetting my default windows settings on the computer. All other lap tops and wireless devices in the house do not have an issue. I discovered the other day as long as the laptop ( not the router) is plugged in and not running on batter power that i do not have a problem staying connected. For fun i wondered if it had something to do with the power cord making some kind of connection when plugged into the lap top, (since everything is more compact in them) I tried having the power cord plugged into the lap top but not into a power source but I still lost signal. Any suggestions?

A:Wifi connection constantly drops when lap top is operating on battery power

Sounds like you may have some power saving option for the wireless adapter when on battery. If so, try a higher (e.g., maximum performance) setting.

My attachment shows that for the plan I'm using I have 'medium power saving' for the wireless when on battery. If I were having your problem I would change that setting to 'Maximum Performance' and test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-constantly-drops-when-lap-top-is-operating-on-battery-power.1057130/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone I've been fighting with my ISP for months over this but it just might turn out that they may be telling the truth for once Basically I have an unlimited mobile G plan with three SIMs after save. WiFi 4G power to connection form 512Kbps waking drops each of which is in a G Android phone the hotspots of which I use alternately as and when needed In our household are two desktops and three laptops all running Windows Pro and one laptop running Lubuntu In about November I started noticing that my connectivity speeds would drop from multiple gigabits per second to an average maximum of about kbps after a certain amount of data usually two gigabytes downloaded and uploaded has been consumed within the respective hours speed would go back up to G levels the moment the clock hits AM every night The throttling affects all machines and all SIMs I took on my ISP with this and every agent I ever talked to said that they don't have a fair usage policy in place for subscribers of unlimited plan - in fact that one of their marketing points they even say so on their website They firmly denied the implementation of a fair usage policy even after I showed them screenshots of the moment the connection speed dropped I even tried running YouTube continuously on my phones for a stretch of 4G WiFi connection drops to 512Kbps after waking form power save. time to see what happens with YouTube's autoplay feature turned on and indeed I noticed that after a while of running videos at p I could barely run any videos at a resolution higher 4G WiFi connection drops to 512Kbps after waking form power save. than p Then today as I was syncing my wife's OneDrive folder on her new account on one of the desktops I noticed that the speed actually dropped only after I moved the mouse pressed a key on the keyboard to wake the machine up from power-save mode i e turn on the screen So I started having doubts as to where the problem actually lies - is it a 4G WiFi connection drops to 512Kbps after waking form power save. setting on any or all of my PCs that I had overlooked somehow Any thoughts Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62245-4g-wifi-connection-drops-512kbps-after-waking-form-power-save.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I have a problem with my device Toshiba Satellite P50-C-18C: the WIFI connection drops unexpectedly and randomly. When this happens, restarting the laptop is not helping, the only way to solve it is to power off and restart the router.

The laptop has Intel Dual Band Wireless - AC 3165 as the WIFI card. I had updated the driver constantly, but the problem still remains.

Any ideeas?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94894-Toshiba-Satellite-P50-C-18C-WIFI-connection-drops-router-restart-required
Relevancy 52.03%

So I've had this problem for literally years now When I am using WiFi of Wired is day, a stable connection times dozens drops perfectly an ethernet cable to hook up to my router my PC's connection drops dozens of times a day It's a real pain especially when I'm Wired connection drops dozens of times a day, WiFi is perfectly stable trying to stream something to a TV In the past I have circumvented this issue by using WiFi which is perfectly stable for whatever reason Problem is that WiFi in my new place is awful I literally get connection speeds of Mbps from my WiFi card up here in my room So now I'm redoubling my efforts to find out why my ethernet is so unreliable because I need the increase in network connection speed it's only mbps because I use an ethernet powerline adapter - but still I have tried purchasing an ethernet card because I thought the mobo port might have been broken - but the new card exhibits the same behavior I have tried messing with the settings going from auto to mbps full duplex etc to no avail I've tried swapping out my ethernet adapter and my ethernet cable for new ones - same behavior I even moved into a new house got a new modem and a new ISP - same exact behavior The adapters work on every other device in the house Only my PC has this consistent issue and it only happens when I'm wired So before I go and buy some expensive range booster or whatever I was hoping that someone here might be able to suggest a few solutions or help me troubleshoot Thanks My system Windows Ultimate SP -bit reinstalled from OEM after last PC died during power surge years ago - rebuilt this one with mostly new components GIGABYTE GA-MA T-UD P Motherboard Antec Earthwatts PSU AMD Phenom X CPU Nvidia GPU gb of RAM two sticks Samsung EVO SSD gb OS drive Hitachi TB HDD applications games etc TP-Link Ethernet Adapter TL-PA Netis AD Gigabit Ethernet PCI-E Adapter Edit Seems I posted this in Windows rather than networking Apologies If someone could move it that'd be great Otherwise I'll delete it and repost

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630884/wired-connection-drops-dozens-of-times-a-day-wifi-is-perfectly-stable/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I have seen various topics similar to my situation but nothing identical which do not offer the same solution (possibly..)

My problem is, I am getting network drops from 10s to a few minutes on occasion. I am wired to my router which is a 'Netgear DG834G' with firmware 'V3.01.38'. However my mother who connects through wireless has no issues at all. The issue is only present at low levels of activity, i.e. browsing, chatting... I think I have IPv6 disabled as it is unchecked on my adapter's properties.

I have the latest version of drivers on my on-board network card which I believe is a 'Realtek RTL8167'.

Also, I have tested with another Ethernet cable which gave no solution.

Thanks,
David.

A:Network drops... only to me

Quote: Originally Posted by Cold

Hi, I have seen various topics similar to my situation but nothing identical which do not offer the same solution (possibly..)

My problem is, I am getting network drops from 10s to a few minutes on occasion. I am wired to my router which is a 'Netgear DG834G' with firmware 'V3.01.38'. However my mother who connects through wireless has no issues at all. The issue is only present at low levels of activity, i.e. browsing, chatting... I think I have IPv6 disabled as it is unchecked on my adapter's properties.

I have the latest version of drivers on my on-board network card which I believe is a 'Realtek RTL8167'.

Also, I have tested with another Ethernet cable which gave no solution.

Thanks,
David.

Are you certain about this being the RTL8167? There are many realtek drivers but none of them with that number are available.

When you get the right driver number try the link below to get the driver for it.
Realtek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130795-network-drops-only-me.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Realtek RTL x Family PCI Ethernet NIC The drivers have been updated however the problem remains It seems that it only connects for a couple of Drops Network out??? seconds every couple of minutes My network configuration Network Drops out??? is set up like this - ADSL Router Netgear ADSL Firewall Router DG goes to - port mini-switch goes out to - My computer and a brothers computer Now my brothers computer has no problems on Network Drops out??? the internet it works fine however mine does not I recently reformatted as i got a new harddrive so i reinstalled Windows XP Pro added both service packs from the handy CD from APC Network Drops out??? Magazine and the net worked fine That was working great for about weeks until two days ago my MSN just packs it one day and then i find that reinstalling doesn t do anything It wasn t until yesterday that i checked the Internet Connection Status I find that the only way to get online at the moment is to Disable then Enable the Internet Connection quickly get to a site then Disable and Enable again then navigate to the next section then Disable Enable next part etc etc etc All my settings are fine my router acts as a DHCP Server and automatically assigns my computer a network IP address based on my Computer Name and MAC Address There have been no updates changes made to the router network or my computer that i can imagine made this happen The problem here is that sometimes I can get onto the internet other times I can t however my brother always can If someone could please help me with this problem I would be very greatful Thanks Damian Keeghan nbsp

A:Network Drops out???

have you tried it without the switch, you don't need it.

try the card in another pci slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-drops-out.296081/
Relevancy 50.31%

my network acts fine when I start the computer but after about 30 Mins the speed goes down gradually and drops the connection finally
even local file sharing respond slowly
it's showing fine in right lower corner next to the clock
troubleshooting shows "DNS not responding"
using custom DNS server didn't fix it
pinging the gateway loses 25% of packets
pinging the localhost is fine
format didn't fix the problem

now running: custom built PC - Win 7 ultimate x64 bit
Ethernet: -built in- atheros AR8151
No wireless adapters

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi posted this in web design but was advised it may be better in here.

Got a bit of a strange issue. Been using Dreamweaver for a while to edit our websites. All of a sudden I now get a FTP error when I try and connect (it takes a short while trying first), and the strangest part is that after I get this error, the internet on all the computers on my network stops working. I have to turn the router off and back on again to get the internet working. If I then try and connect in Dreamweaver again, the internet stops again.

Additionally, when it does this I also cannot log in to the router.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon.

Relevancy 49.45%

When connected to my home wireless network for extended periods with no activity, I come back to find that my wireless connection has been lost. Sometimes, right-clicking on the wireless icon and selecting Repair fixes the problem. Sometimes, the Repair stops on the first action "Windows was unable to disable the wireless network adapter".

I'm using a Netgear G router (from a Motorola modem) with wire to my desktop and wireless to this laptop.

Laptop profile
WinXP Pro SP2 Lenovo X60 Thinkpad Centrino Duo
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I'm having problems with my internet connection. It used to work no problem but just in this last week it has started playing up. I have tried resetting the router and setting up the internet connection again from scratch but it hasn't solved the problem.

It will connect to the wireless network but then drop it every so often, sometimes it will go to local access only, next minute it will lose connection all together. This is very frustrating and I have no idea how to fix it

Can anyone give me some advice?

Also, having issues with Microsoft Office - it won't save anything without crashing.... this is a relatively new problem as well.

It's windows vista that I am using.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there I have the exact same problem I believe I recently yesterday bought a WRT GS Linksys Wireless Router to replace a network Occasional drops. BEFSR Linksys Router as there is a computer downstairs that can t get a hardwired connection to the router Heating ducts are Occasional network drops. in the way to install it myself and Wireless is cheaper than paying someone to do it Anyways I have PCs on my network Three are connected directly to the router via Cat and the th one is the before mentioned Wirelessly connnected Sporadically the network behaves like it has no connectivity The PCs think they are still connected no limited connection icon Occasional network drops. in the systray but I cannot connect to the router ping the router ping websites via domain name or via IP address I also cannot ping any other PCs on my network This happens to the wired computers I do not know about the th Wireless one On the BEFSR Router we had absoultey no network issues The only change to the network is the inclusion of the th PC with a WiFi NIC and the Router The same Cat cables are being used and there were no issues before Powercycling is the only thing that fixes this issue and it is only temprorary This is NOT a Wireless issue It is happening to computers that do NOT use wireless There was no issue with the other Linksys router which is essentially the same as the wireless just minus the wireless so I imagine this is a setting somewhere in the router s configuration I do have a network policy to kill the internet connection at AM - AM for one of the wired PCs and the Wireless PC computers are assigned addresses via DHCP while my PC has a static IP with DHCP disabled This is because of a DHCP nack release issue on my machine and this setup worked on the old network I m working on my CCNS and am saving money for my Network certification and I m a little stumped I m gonna toy with it some more but if anyone else knows of this issue that d be great Trying to find someone with this issue is hard took me several hours of searching to find this thread Most deal with only the Wireless part and agian this is NOT a wireless issue Edit As far as I know no one is running a Torrent progam currently when this goes on One of the users does use Bearshare occasionally thinking of filtering that however Edit Edit Oh and also it has the most up to date firmware I might end up switching it over to Linux but if Port Triggering works this time round I ll juts keep the Linksys firmware nbsp

A:Occasional network drops.

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/occasional-network-drops.578673/
Relevancy 49.45%

I Pro Networking: Drops Network PC Off One XP the have encountered a new problem and would be very appreciative if someone could please help me further troubleshoot it I run a home network which XP Pro Networking: One PC Drops Off the Network includes two XP Pro Dell systems one Vista XP Pro Networking: One PC Drops Off the Network Home Premium bit system and occasionally an HP Pavilion Vista bit notebook The problem is that after a while often as little as minutes after a reboot one of the XP Pro systems disappears from the network That PC can still see the other PC's and it maintains internet access thru the Linksys router This I believe at least confirms that the network settings are correct So my question is what would cause a PC to drop off a network after running a while I had read about possible master browser conflicts and at present browstat shows the Vista system as being the master browser but I would not think that in of itself would be a problem I would like the other XP Pro PC to be the master browser consistently so if I turn off the quot computer browser quot option in services on the other systems would that do anything helpful Or am I totally off base I have Windows firewall off since I run Zone Alarm and I doubt it's a ZA firewall issue since I would think that would block the PC from the network as soon as it boots which it does not and turning off the firewall once that PC drops off the network does not solve the problem Again thanks for any suggestions on this Peter G

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-networking-one-pc-drops-off-the-network-424994.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Okay I have been looking all Repeatedly Network Drops over the internet for ways to fix Network Repeatedly Drops this problem It all started about weeks ago The cable modem Arris Model WBM A was working just fine and after I finished watching a movie on my Xbox I noticed the network wasn t getting an outside connection The LAN was working fine as I was watching a movie from my main computer on the network So I called Comcast and they went through the regular quot did you power cycle quot questions and all that which I had Then she recommended that I plug the modem directly into the computer and see if it works As it turns out it did for the brief time I had it connected Problem was I needed more than one computer to be able to get on the internet So I thought the router went bad out of the blue and ordered Network Repeatedly Drops a new one The week or so that it took the new one to come in I had to use an old router I had to get any outside connection on most of the computers The same thing happened repeatedly over that week Then the new router came in and I thought my issue was over Boy was I wrong New router did the same thing as the temporary router So I looked up the new router Linksys Model WRT G to see if there were any issues with it or the modem One guy said that they work better when separated by at least ft They are about ft apart at the moment best I could do with the cables on hand Now I am at an empass I cannot figure out for the life of me what is happening I don t know how to monitor the router IP to see if it is loosing bonding one of the problems I researched If anyone has any helpful suggestions I am all ears nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Problem - computer keeps dropping off network for no reason - and to top it off programs crash A LOT Naturally this forces my user to restart the computer a lot during the day So far I have x check the subnet address - that s correct I ve ran nbtstat -R a few times to flush it out I ve Computer drops network... off disabled renabled restarted stop started Computer drops off network... the computer browser service a dozen Computer drops off network... times There is only one domain in the company and a single domain controller The client is in the domain The client is a WinXP Pro with SP I see these Computer drops off network... in the event viewer all the time Application Log ID - Usernv Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network An unexpected network error occurred Group Policy processing aborted ID - Application Error Faulting application drwtsn exe version faulting module kernel dll version fault address x f c Dr Watson loves to crash on this machine System Log ID - NetBT The name quot PLASTICS d quot could not be registered on the Interface with IP address The machine with the IP address did not allow the name to be claimed by this machine PLASTICS is the domain name that ID is just clogging up my system log over and over and over I ve been going in circles w this Even after reinstalling Windows and rd party app s and hardware - this has been happening I know I can do the systematic way of process of elimination by just unchecking stuff in msconfig but that takes forever and will be my last resort Any idea s on why this happens or how to resolve it THANK YOU in advance for your help ideas nbsp

A:Computer drops off network...

Don't know if this will help much...but I'd try putting in a different network card. Reinstalling windows should fix any software issues...I think its hardware. Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-drops-off-network.616756/
Relevancy 49.45%

My home PC, running Vista and wired to the network, drops momentarily from my home network and looses the connection to the network printer. Usually happens when I click a link to a new page. An error comes up saying something like "page unavailable". I hit "refresh" and the page loads. I can sit at the PC and watch the network Icon in the system tray show up with a "red X" and then the red x disappears. The interesting thing is that my two laptops run wirelessly and wired to the network with out an issue. I am guessing it has to be something with the settings off myPC ethernet card? I tried updating drivers, but no new driver was available. Any suggestions? Thank You.

A:PC drops from Network (momentarily)

any one? Bueller? Bueller?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/198484-pc-drops-network-momentarily.html
Relevancy 49.02%

While working in windows x rc every so often the little networking icon gets a little yellow sign over it I thought at first my internet connection had been lost but i out for Network drops no Adaptor reason couldnt' connect to the router SO i tried my laptop Network Adaptor drops out for no reason and it connected fine to the router And the internet was working Now about once an hour this happens It is only fixable by disabling then reenabling the ethernet adaptor itself The adaptor simply stops transmitting and receiving randomly for no reason I have an nvidia EVGA i SLI nvidia board it has on board ethernet ports I have tried uninstalling them with deleting the driver and then reinstalling them no such luck Worked perfectly in Network Adaptor drops out for no reason build but in the release candidate i'm getting this recurring problem The problem to reitterate is not with the router or with my internet connect I'm saying that to stem the expected tide of quot trun off your router leave it for seconds turn it back on again quot type responses If anyone can help me i would really appreciate that BTW lt i have the latest drivers for my motherboard and so on I have tried both WITH and WITHOUT the nvidia network manager network manager was incompatible with Vuze and didn't solve the disconnects problem anyway Give me instructions if you need more information and i'll get it for you thank you so much Oh and lastly this is wired networking in case you thought it might be a wireless problem I've even tried using new ethernet cables TO NO AVAIL

A:Network Adaptor drops out for no reason

Fill out system specs with all the details. Will help instead of asking a hundred question?
there also is a thread on how to find yours spec if you do not know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/12689-network-adaptor-drops-out-no-reason.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Whether I'm connected with cable or wi-fi, locking closing the lid on my notebook (stay's alive, not sleeping or hibernating) drops the network or Internet connection. I typically do this at night when I'm moving or downloading large files.

A:Locking desktop drops network

Check the properties of the NIC in Device Manager, specifically, if Windows is allowed to turn the device off to save power - if that is enabled, uncheck / disable it.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/157246-locking-desktop-drops-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all Have SBS server domain dhcp DNS behind Cisco All machines running see DNS, Utl-on Domain-Drops Network-Can't Visa DC XP ok The machine running Vista Ult ran ok for about weeks now it drops network VIsta machine up to date on patches drivers on domain setup initially as dhcp getting IP and DNS from SBS with the SBS as the main DNS and our provider as the secondary DNS Had mapped drivers with FQDN and Visa Utl-on Domain-Drops Network-Can't see DNS, DC IP mapped drives Also setup with Exchange Now the networking dropping Suddenly it just started loosing the connection At first when it lost the mapped drives and lost connection to exchange in outlook I could do a ping to other computers outside computers but I could not ping the SBS DNS server So i did an ipconfig release renew flush dns it comes back on network temporarily No set reason to drop again and it could be from to minute intervals I removed the comptuer from the SBS domain reconnected the Vista to the domain turned off the feature to sleep the nic card checked power settings made the IP static DNS static forced the DNS ip to the server ran the windows diag received the error Cannot Connect to the primary DNS server turned off the TCP scaling got the windows network diag again stating to fix the tcp settings for proper setup did that What works quickly is by changing the static IP address to the next interval and it comes back online quickly User did that to get back online quick but what else is there that I could be missing I need to check the router as it may be incompatible with the TCP scaling but I don't know what to check in there I log into the ASDM ASA but I am only moderately knowledgable in there Please any pointers or something I have missed thanks so much Lee Ann Addt Info gt on the cisco asa syslog tells me Inbound TCP connection denied from vista pc to SBS svr flags PSH ACK on interface inside no clue what to do to resolve that it appears the access lists needs updated or give access in the ASA not sure i'll keep plugging away but could use all suggestions thanks So it shows on my router that UDP connectsion for DNS querys are being denied HUMMM Did do a quot no fixup protocol dns quot to the asa to disable the maximum length packet and i did notice the client had netbios enabled so that was disabled still not working network is dropping still intermittently

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/179126-visa-utl-domain-drops-network-cant-see-dns-dc.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I recently had occasion to re-install Windows Vista on my Dell Inspiron after which I found that my wireless network connection drops every few minutes or so I am using an Intel r Wireless WiFi Link AGN network card and an attempt to update the driver - installed from the driver cd that came with the machine - tells me that it is the newest available When the connection drops Network Sharing Center shows that the connection is still up as does Network Connections If I disable and re-enable the network card the connection comes right back When it is down I cannot ping the router from Vista and all drops intermittently Network connection attempts to ping the machine from others on the network fail The machine is within two feet of the router and other devices in the home do not drop connections SFC scannow ran normally The Windows Firewall is off and the only change I made was to make it so that Windows does not shut down the adapter when it goes to sleep The problem does NOT occur when I boot into safe mode which indicates to me that I do not have a hardware problem Any help would be greatly appreciated s

A:Network connection drops intermittently

Have you installed both SP1 and SP2 plus all updates? Try connecting a Ethernet Cable to do the updates then remove once all are done.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/301651-network-connection-drops-intermittently.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi folks I have been searching these forums myself for a possible solution to my random network drops when i'm using my full bandwidth and have to network card solution drops Possible noticed that several of you have the same if not similar problems When using the troubleshooter the end result is always that my card has lost its default gateway yet is easily fixed The drops would only happen during times when i was maxing out my bandwidth and once fixed would either never happen till the next day or within minutes I seem to have stumbled upon a possible fix it certainly seems to have cured my problems so I thought i'd pass Possible solution to network card drops it on to you people here as these forums have been extremely helpful with the little tweaks and Possible solution to network card drops bugs in Win Quote Hi Guys and Girls Just wanted to drop a quick message to all of those people who are upgrading to Windows RC from Windows Vista Possible solution to network card drops If you find that your network connection drops and it states that your quot Default Gateway was unavailable quot when you run the fix this issue tool then its more than likely that your network card is at fault I found the best fix for this was to delete the network card from Device Manager restart the machine and hey presto it stops dropping You'll find it tends to drop when you attempt a high bandwidth activity like streaming media from websites It was very annoying but fortunately deleting the NIC seemed to resolve it Just wanted to pass it on Smoke me a kipper Edited byBackForBreakfast Monday June AM My motherboard has an Nvidia nForce series chipset and an Nvidia nForce Mbps Ethernet onboard port times two The source for this tip is Network Connections Drop Periodically in Windows after Upgrading from Windows Vista And like i said two days running no internet drop so i hope this helps you guys out like it has me

A:Possible solution to network card drops

sigh scratch this one, problems back same as usual soon as my bandwidth maxes out *poof* goes the network connection yet my partner on winxp happily surfs away on the net

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/15536-possible-solution-network-card-drops.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Windows XP machine keeps dropping connection to network drive on Windows Server 2003 when completing a search of that drive, any ideas??!

A:Network Drive Drops when searching

Does the server have a gigabit NIC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-drive-drops-when-searching.1008300/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a very big problem!My Internet connection drops for no reson,it simply drops.I want to know why it does this.I don't know it's from my router/modem/network card or my OS.

P.S:I installed this connection only a month ago(100 MB/S,cable).Before that i used a USB modem from ZTE(very low conection, but stable).

A:My network connection drops for no reason....

Quote: Originally Posted by Jezuz

I have a very big problem!My Internet connection drops for no reson,it simply drops.I want to know why it does this.I don't know it's from my router/modem/network card or my OS.

P.S:I installed this connection only a month ago(100 MB/S,cable).Before that i used a USB modem from ZTE(very low conection, but stable).

Hi Jezuz,

Do you have a different system that connect on the same network and does the connection drops there as well.

When the connection drops what is the status of LEDs on the router. Also, check the system in safe mode with networking and let us know if there is a difference:

Safe Mode

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311927-my-network-connection-drops-no-reason.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My wife's computer running XP OS with SP3, connected to our WPA-2 wireless network with Linksys WUSB100 adapter, keeps losing its Internet connection whenever she is offline (not logged off for a period of time), connected to a broadband modem through a Linksys WRT120N Wireless Router. Linksys has its own wireless manager, which conflicted with Windows XP WZC, so I went in and disabled that ( did nothing to solve problem). However, we have an unsecured wireless network in our immediate neighborhood, and that is the network (albeit with a weak signal, and a speed of only 24mbs speed) that her computer connect to. There must be a way of blocking her computer from connecting to that network, or to remove that network from the available networks list. I have been searching online for solutions, and have contacted Linksys support several times for support, but they claim to have no solutions.

Relevancy 49.02%

Ok, I'm about to go off the deep end with this problem. I have 2 users who are having issues with their Surface Pro 3's. They both experience intermittent network drops and dialog boxes saying that their "Location is available" when trying to access
their network drives. It happens about 5-8 times a day every hour and a half it seems. They both have docking stations for their Surface's and are hooked into the domain network via Ethernet. I have about 15 other Surface's that work fine with no issues. Please
help me before I tear out what's left of my hair. I've done the network troubleshooting, swapped docks and basic stuff like that.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/93063d45-53a7-46b0-8b62-c2eae2a1b682/surface-pro-3-drops-from-wired-network?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi! I had to reformat my laptop due to a virus. I loaded OS and drivers and everything is ok except my wireless. It says "limited or no connection". I checked the network key and it only has 8 digits when my key has 10. I change it back to 10 digits, save it, then open it again to check but -again, it only has 8 digits. Not sure if this is the reason or if my driver is the reason. Dell connection manager doesn't even see my wifi network but windows does and tries to connect to my wireless - except that it's limited or no connection. Btw, I tried re-installing driver but my laptap hangs each time I either install a new one or try to uninstall the existing one.

Appreciate your help very much.

Thanks you!

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi My wireless network speed cuts out every seconds or so during high-speed downloads and or file transfers within my LAN i e it's not my ISP My signal strength never drops below but yet for some reason the network drops out It is almost like the entire computer locks up a little bit I can't even get another web out network downloads during drops Wireless page to load while it's happening until it recovers I'm running Win RC x The adapter is a Realtek RTL I've tried years worth of drivers including the ones that I had running on my Vista x OS switched the wireless channels from to to and back again I've tried every possible 'netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel ' value I've disabled every other adapter in the system I've tried downloading to different drives on different Wireless network drops out during downloads controllers even tried IDE SATA See attachments for samples of whats going on As I wrote this the ping window was still running--it's fine until I download something Very very annoying

A:Wireless network drops out during downloads

well, a few things you can start to do.... first is to swap out routers if possible. Next, swap out wireless cards if possible or vice versa, cards then router. next would be to do a line stress test, or just a test of the line. This can be done at dslreports.com , tho you may have to signup/register to be able to use this feature.

there is probably a few more things to try, but i would get past these steps first before i go doing much anything else.

btw, am having the same problem here... but my swapping out routers does nothing, and its not the wireless card here, as it happens on the whole network, wireless gets bottlenecked, and therefore shuts down just the wireless signal, if on wire you are fine. Point in case, not just my belkin wireless G, but the laptop gets the same treatment. Atleast by that i mean, if i lose connection here, so does the laptop. I have yet to see if i can create the same results in reverse, having to see if the laptop can crash the wireless network signal. So, i'm still investigating this myself.... welcome aboard matey! Is all i can say for now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/8948-wireless-network-drops-out-during-downloads.html
Relevancy 49.02%

For a reason I can't understand, when I'm using uTorrent to download a large file, if I later start playing a game like Borderlands or opening other internet programs like IE8 or Skype, my connection will eventually drop.

When I right-click on the Network icon in the taskbar and select "Troubleshoot Problems", this program will reset my network. It almost always says "Default gateway isn't available"; I've seen the message "Local Area Connection 2 doesn't have an IP configuration" but this is rare. Even one time I saw the message "DNS server isn't responding".

I looked on Motorola's site for any driver updates but didn't find any. The specifics of my modem are:

SURFboard SBG900
Software version: SBG900-2.1.15.0-SCM00-NOSH
Hardware version: 3

Is there something I can do to fix this issue?

A:Network connection periodically drops

well if default gateway isnt available then its the problem with the internet service provider so you need to consult the ISP and they can help you in changing the modem and provide you with the new internet connection

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/36373-network-connection-periodically-drops.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been wrestling with this night and day Here are the specifics of my system Win Ultimate bit Networking Win Ultimate -core -core Xerox MFP Phaser Printer Internet Gigabyte motherboard with on-board LAN D-Link DGL router - Configured properly with both computers and Printer showing IP's DCHP and MAC addresses A Printers recognized by both the Quad and the -core computers B Internet connected on and accessible from Mid-Transfer Network - Files Win of 64 bit Drops 7 both computers C Cisco NetworkMagic and Win both report Network and Internet Access lower right corner of screen D Occasionally key word both computers are mutually visible to each other - and then suddenly not visible E Occasionally directories are visible to from both computers - and then suddenly not visible F File sharing so opened up that a groundhog in the next county could access anything Network Drops Mid-Transfer of Files - Win 7 64 bit In an attempt to eliminate variables and re-check everything Re-did the Workgroup setup procedure per http windows microsoft com e -workgroup USELESS COMMON SENSE --- Every setting checked and double checked Deleted Uninstalled MSE - Now only have ESET AV Firewall D-Link DGL- Gamer Router configured properly Still have BitTorrent installed and running - just no downloading or seeding at the moment Note A I am NOT interested in networking to Win XP Vista etc - Only within Win Workgroup B No I will not use HomieGroup - because of its many limitations So that's it No reliable network file sharing or file transfer possible Like a bad date at best it's on again off again Network Drops Mid-Transfer of Files - Win 7 64 bit Help please Rant for the day Why has the ease of networking in Win NT been replaced by the convenience of networking in Windows Thanks IncurableGeek yahoo com

A:Network Drops Mid-Transfer of Files - Win 7 64 bit

There is a good chance that one of those A/V's is causing this problem. Running two realtime A/V's can be very problematic. I haven't worked with network magic so can't say if that is part of the problem or not. Updating the router's firmware might be another option to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/105090-network-drops-mid-transfer-files-win-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Every so often while i am downloading a rather big file my network connection will just drop out. When this happens i have to go through the process of clicking on network diagnostics and it will reconnect telling me my default gateway was not available. I am running Windows 7 64bit and using firefox, it is all on a wired connection.. If you need more info ask,, thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-connection-drops-when-downloading-428030.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Setup-
T1 --> Sonicwall Router --> 3 Linksys Switches (ef3124) -->
Small Business Network, 40 Workstations & growing (ranging xp pro, vista home-pro, 7 pro), 3 network printers & 1 server (win server 2003) running as DNS.

Situation -
Most workstations are independently owned by the employee. About half are connected to the domain, half are not.

2 stations specifically lose internet connection intermittently (ipconfig /release /renew usually fixes, sometimes requires cat5e to be disconnected and reconnected, then fine until the next drop (not sure on a timeline)
1st station has had this problem with 2 different systems connected there ( First: Vista Home Premium, not connected to domain obviously, 2nd: 7 Pro also not connected to the domain.) ("MY PRIMARY CONCERN ATM")
2nd station runs wins xp pro connected to Domain (network drop occurs less often here)

Sorry if this post seems a bit jumbled, kinda in a rush.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-drops-intermittently.166544/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have just yesterday downloaded Windows 8.1 to my machine. Since then my computer loses its network connection often, and I have to reconnect via "Connect to a Network." This is quite annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

A:Windows 8.1 Drops Network Connection--Often

Hi,

try updating the network adapter. is this a wireless or are you using a cable?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57297-windows-8-1-drops-network-connection-often.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I have been dealing with this issue for far too long and cannot find a way to get it to stop On my own computer a HP DV US laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium bit and connected wirelessly I will lose my internet connection but Internet Network but Stays Drops retain my network connection When this happens and it only happens on the HP I can log onto the D-link router but not get internet On the bottom right hand of the screen under the internet connections I lose the globe over the network icon The only way to get it back online is to right click the network icon disconnect from the network wait about seconds and reconnect Internet Drops but Network Stays When this occurs it does NOT affect any other computer on the network I haven t been able to replicate this on another network because I do not spend a large amount of time on other networks I cannot remember when this began it has been at minimum gt months so system restore is not an option This happens at Internet Drops but Network Stays least once a day sometimes I have Internet Drops but Network Stays been able to get it to happen multiple times by going to the same website but I do not remember which sites Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Adam My system SBC Yahoo DSL Siemens Speedstream Modem D-Link DIR- Router Apple Mini Mac Direct Homebuilt Linux Comp Direct Toshiba Laptop Wireless G HP DV US Laptop Wireless N Problem Computer Apple Macbook Pro Wireless nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

This is a common problem judging by the results of a web search I'm hoping one of the good folks here knows of a solution that actually works I have an Epson Artisan printer that has wireless networking My desktop connects to this printer by USB and the network by Ethernet Our network drops the printer Wireless off laptop connects to everything wireless Everything works just as you would expect except When the printer goes into quot idle Wireless printer drops off the network quot mode low power - standby it drops off the network and the laptop can't Wireless printer drops off the network find it to print to The desktop of course can print to it in low power mode But this only happens in a particular order If the laptop connects to the printer and prints then the printer goes into idle mode the laptop can still print to the printer If the printer is on not into idle and the laptop restarts it can print If the printer is in idle and the laptop is restarted it will not print If I turn the printer off then back on it is recognized and works again wirelessly What I have tried Set a static IP on the printer Reserved the IP on the router Trendnet TEW- GR for the MAC of the printer Tried to ping the idle printer IP from laptop No Restarted Yes Tried to ping the idle printer from the desktop No Removed the printer from the laptop deleted the printer port re-installed the printer using the manual IP port I've run out of ideas and have started drinking Any suggestions

A:Wireless printer drops off the network

Is the laptop dropping it, or is the router dropping it. That's my first real question even if you've manually set it routers like to just ignore things that have no traffic after a set amount of time. It doesn't appear there is a way to change the sleep mode settings in that model of printer though.

Anyhow if it's dropping off the nat table there may still be some way to tweak the router a little bit more to keep the connection alive. The printer itself has no setting or feature I can see that would help with this. (I can't believe I actually looked at a manual for something I don't even own.)

At any rate I tried man, but I don't see anything you missed, and as you already pointed out the other mentions of this online are all dead ends too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144221-wireless-printer-drops-off-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I hope somebody can shed some light on this matter as looking around the internet there does not appear to be any confirmed answer to this problem A bit of background - I have a client who is has machines network connection drops Randomly that have been ok for the last months That is all except This particular machine would lose connection to the network randomly and sometimes running the Windows fix would fix the issue other times it did not Even upon reboot it would not work Randomly drops network connection sometimes This was then returned to myself for repair as we thought there maybe an issue with the motherboard NIC So the Motherboard was replaced but the problem still persisted Windows Pro was reloaded a fresh and only the motherboard NIC drivers latest available Randomly drops network connection as of th June were installed It was left to do Windows updates which completed ok After a period of time the yellow triangle appeared over the network icon identfying an issue Again running the windows fix on this seemed to fix it but only temporarily as it seemed to come back after several reboots So rather than reboot we left the machine on and it still came up with the same issue It seems to happen randomly not matter if the system is sitting there doing nothing or is being used to surf the internet After replacing all hardware and reinstalling Windows on no less than occasions as well as running fixes recommended by Microsoft and various forums the problem still pesists I have tried it on both our network and direct into the router with the same problems occuring I would like to think it is an drivere issue but that would not explain why the other identical machines are not experiencing this issue If anybody has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated as we are now tearing our hair out trying to fix this but are getting nowhere Cheers Si Additional PC Spec might assist - Gigabyte GA-H M-D H-USB Intel H S DDR SATA II Intel Core i S Sdy Bridge GHz GT s HD GB kit GBx Corsair DDR PC - MHz GB Seagate ST AS Barracuda SATA Gb s Powercool PC PSU Usual displayed windows error for network - quot local Area Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configuration This system is set to DHCP and addresses are being supplied without issue to other systems

A:Randomly drops network connection

I have experiendced this also in the past. I dont know if this is suitable for your situation but have you tried setting the problem PC to have a static IP. In the past I have had similar problems and the only thing I could put it down to is that the router was assigning an address then the PC was losing connection. When the Pc requested a new IP address the router still registered it as having one so did not give it a new one. Setting a static IP address has always resolved this for me but as I said it may not suit your situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233790-randomly-drops-network-connection.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have two vista home premium laptops(Satellite l 300) that are wirelessly connected to a D-Link router with a XP SP3 machine wired with cat 5. and an old satellite a35 laptop with xp sp3 also wireless. I have set up sharing on all macines. the xp can get to both vista machines no problem. the newest Vista laptop looses conectivity to the xp machines, but not the internet or the other vista machine. I tried turning off ipv6 and the 2 link layer topology mapper options in the wireless proprties as mentioned in this forum before. The older vista laptop did the same thing until I did that, but the newest one still drops. Again, I don't loose access to the internet or the other Vista machine, just the XP machines. Any thoughts would be appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/212335-vista-pc-network-drops-xp-machine.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all Yes it s yet another quot My Wireless Won t Work Right quot thread Your help would be greatly appreciated I recently moved to a new house and set up one PC downstairs with a Linksys WRT G Wireless Router PC is hardwired to the router no problems there PC with a Linksys WMP G card is upstairs one floor up and probably feet over Both PCs are above ground nothing in the basement Initially PC was connecting pretty well Generally I d Connection Wireless Drops Network hit Mbps and quot Wireless Network Connection Drops very good quot signal quality But it was spotty While the connection wouldn t drop entirely it would frequently drop Wireless Network Connection Drops enough to disrupt my FTPing of large files across the internet I had my suspicions about the card which had been jostled a lot and didn t seem to have a great connection between the antenna and card itself So I replaced the whole setup with a brand-spanking new WRT GS router and a WMP GS card Unfortunately things have gone from bad to worse It took me hours on Support Chat with Linksys to even get any kind of a connection from PC and now it just dies completely for huge chunks of time I ll be online with a Mbps connection Very Good signal strength then BOOM couldn t find a network Then minutes later it will miraculously find it again It happens often enough that the PC is essentially useless for any work that requires an Internet connection Note Linksys monitoring tool finds my network with a consistent signal strength of between and it just can t connect to it When I try to connect it just says something like Could not associate with the access point To make matters more confusing I have a laptop as well The laptop has a Motorola wireless card I can sit the laptop exactly where PC is and I get a solid Mbps connection with quot Very Good quot signal quality the whole time through Even when PC drops offline the laptop is still fine I ve purchased a Linksys Range Expander WRE G but after playing with it for a bit abandoned it because there were just too many variables Trying that again is next on my list I haven t played at all with the actual position of the antennae on the router - I just don t know enough about wireless to know if that should have an impact Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions nbsp

A:Wireless Network Connection Drops

If I understood correctly, your laptop experience pretty much proves that you are getting a constant good strong signal to the location of the problem computer. If so, don't mess with router's antenna.

Go to the Linksys web site and make sure you have the latest driver and utility for the adaptor.

Move the computer around a little. Maybe the fan or power supply or something is in the direct path of the signal.

Are you managing the connection with the Linksys utility or with Windows' Wireless Zero Configuration? Try the other one.

Are you using encryption? If so, WEP or WPA?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-drops.410737/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok I have a netgear wireless router modem its worked well for a long time drops Internet continues to just network work. out...but now but recently Internet just drops out...but network continues to work. I ve had a lot of trouble The set up is quite simple I have computers and laptops running Internet just drops out...but network continues to work. on this set-up computer is wired everything else is wireless A while back The internet just died on me there was absolutely no internet to any of the computers in the house but the network kept working as I could play counterstrike on LAN After a few calls to BT support and following the steps the suggested which I had already tried the internet came back This continued for a few days and for around a month now the internet has been fine but what hasnt been is the computer working on wireless It happens around times a day where the internet will just cut to this computer every other machine including the router has the internet and this computer still works on the network I ve tried to find a solution but I cant and the only thing I know to work is a re-boot I believe it may be something to do with the software as I can play LAN games and share files I jsut get no internet Edit I dont know if it will help but I have norton internet security nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
I have a problem on windows 10 after clean installing November update.
My network connection works fine with normal internet usage(my internet speed is less than 10Mbps).
I Also have setup Samba (home network sharing) and an Apache web server (both only is used in local network) .
When I use Apache or Samba to download/upload a large file on my local network (100Mbps full speed) after a few minutes or even less than a minute my connections drops suddenly. And both my local and internet access will be gone until I disable/enable network adapter or restart windows.
Yesterday I installed a clean copy of windows 10 AU , Problem is not solved.
I did not have this problem on windows 7 and 8.1 and also windows 10 before November update.
I updated my network card driver (Atheros L1) But problem not solved.
What Can the problem be?
Thanks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434376-network-drops-after-heavy-usage-windows-10-a.html