Windows Support Forum

windows update caused system crash

Q: windows update caused system crash

Did anyone else suffer a crash after installing windows updates on 1-11-11? I have a desktop computer and a laptop, and they both crashed after installing the updates. They both went in to system restore mode and spent several minutes
trying to fix the problem before finally rebooting and coming out of the crash. Both times a message came up afterward saying windows had suffered a major problem. On both occasions the norton anti-virus and firewalls had been disabled on
reboot. At first I thought it might be a virus on my desktop, but it was weird how the exact same thing happened on my laptop. Any clue as to what caused it? Is it possible to have updates do that to your system? Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a0aab1e-48e0-4b8c-b105-a276200c0953/windows-update-caused-system-crash?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows update caused system crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.56%

I was updating the drivers on my ASUS ROG G using Iobit's Driver Booster It said I had several drivers out of date so I selected all of them and left the machine to run while I ran some cleaning and maintenance programs in the background Iobit Advanced System Care and Privazer I didn't think this was an issue because the laptop has more than enough power to run all those at system crash caused possibly update drivers to fatal Attempt the same time Attempt to update drivers caused possibly fatal system crash but the driver update got to Attempt to update drivers caused possibly fatal system crash and hung there for minutes I figured something was screwy and that the computer would simply Attempt to update drivers caused possibly fatal system crash not install the fully updated drivers and so I closed all programs and rebooted the laptop to complete installation of the successfully downloaded drivers and now now I have nothing By nothing I mean just exactly that I hit the power button I see the cursor and hear the DVD drive spin up and that is it No error codes no choices for booting into Safe Mode nothing I'm not even sure it booted far enough for me to get into the BIOS I've been poking around the net trying to find a program that will allow me to boot into a rescue disc and perhaps attempt to repair the MBR ntloader but I am either not using the right keywords or I'm screwed because I can't find what I'm looking for I found Paragon's Rescue Kit but either I didn't follow the instructions correctly or my laptop isn't even searching for bootable media because it is too far gone I do have such a program as I am looking for but I recently moved and have absolutely no idea where that CD is I only remember that it too is a Paragon product but not the one I've been trying to use Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and please let me know if there is any other information you need that would be useful thanks P S I just tried to start it up and get into the BIOS and got nowhere This is getting to be very NOT COOL

A:Attempt to update drivers caused possibly fatal system crash

F9 on bootup to access the Restore Wizard

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/352089-attempt-update-drivers-caused-possibly-fatal-system-crash.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,

I have been trying to playback the videos I recorded on my Cybershot digital camera on my computer and when I try to play through windows media player 11, it shutsdown the computer. I get SERIOUS system error message when it starts back up. If I play using Quicktime, it is in slow motion. My husband can play them on his laptop through WMP and he has XP.

Any ideas???
Thanks

A:MPEG-4 through windows media player caused system to crash

You might want to have a moderator move this to the Multimedia forum. But it sounds to me like a codec issue. Have you tried VLC media player?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mpeg-4-through-windows-media-player-caused-system-to-crash.927824/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all.
I have just spent a weekend reinstalling XP on the home PC, loaded SP2 from CD and all was great. The reason was that it was infested with everytype of virus and adware etc that it was just easier to clean it all off and start again...so i thought !!!

Anyway, after getting everything up and running, I jumped online and allowed Auto update to download and install. On the required reboot, its all turned to custard !!!

The PC now just cycles from power on, up to the XP splash screen and then powers down, over and over.

I have thorwn an old Hard drive 40G into it and all is good.

The 200G drive is only 6mths old and was working fine but apears to be cactus now.

So, the $100,000 Question....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Regards
Dave

A:XP/ IE7 Update - Caused HD Crash ???

Hello Dave

Configure your PC to boot from CD if it isn't already set up that way. (You may need to enter the BIOS to configure the PC to boot from the CD.)

Start your PC with the XP Setup CD in the drive. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD..." prompt, do so and let the CD-based boot process begin.

When the Recovery Console option is offered ("Press R to start the Recovery Console"), do so. You may be asked which Windows installation to enter, in which case type the number of the Windows installation you wish to work on (usually "1").

When prompted, enter the Administrator's password for that Windows installation. If you did not set a password just press ENTER

At the command prompt, type
Bootcfg /Rebuild
ENTER

The exact wording will depend on your setup, but after a few moments you'll see a prompt that says something like:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add Installation To Boot List?

Assuming the information you see is correct, enter
Y
Bootcfg will start the process of rebuilding the boot list to include the indicated Windows installation

After a moment, you'll be asked to "Enter Load Identifier."
This is the name of the operating system that will appear in boot menus.
Type
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
or
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
ENTER
Next you'll be asked to "Enter OS Load Options."
For normal installations, enter
/Fastdetect
ENTER

Type
Exit
to leave the Recovery Console and reboot the PC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-ie7-update-caused-hd-crash-253144.html
Relevancy 70.52%

ok after doing this : Windows Anytime Upgrade couldn't create a restore point?? - Windows 7 Forums (if u read from page 1-2)

i have figured the problem is something to do with windows updates, ive got no idea which update is causing this problem. does anybody know any windows updates that could possibly cause sytem restore/ the vss writers to stop functioning properly????
appericate the help

A:Windows update has caused error0x80042318 in system restore/protection

Please run teh following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt window, and post the results.

NET START VSS
SC QC VSS
SC QUERYEX VSS
VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS

Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270359-windows-update-has-caused-error0x80042318-system-restore-protection.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All Sometime back I had downloaded RootRepeal exe can t say I remember why I had downloaded it but it was probably out of curiosity to see what it did Anyway I know that Crash Caused System RootRepeal I had ran it and that it had generated a log though I have no idea where to look for that log That brings me up to today I have been thinking that I RootRepeal Caused System Crash might have something living in my PC that shouldn t be there and feeling the need to start a topic addressing my concerns I don t know if it was due to my server lack of RAM or to the presents of something evil in my system however whichever it was I was unable to update or even open SpyBot Search amp Destroy of the time so I finally uninstalled it I m also having that same kind of trouble with MalwareBytes but at least I can get it to open half the time and I ve been able to get it to update a couple of times too Now having said that I decided to go ahead and start a topic and see what I could discover I just attempted to run RootRepeal so that I would have its log to attach to this post and my system crashed After an automatic reboot completed I tried to run it again and once again my system crashed This time I went into Safe Mode when my machine started to reboot Once again I tried running RootRepeal and once again my machine crashed This time I interrupted the automatic reboot and selected the option to reboot to Last Known Good Configuration Once Windows opened I had a Microsoft advisory saying that Windows had just recovered from a critical error I sent an error report and followed the link they suggested I follow to see what might have caused those crashes The one thing that caught my eye was the statement that said Viruses can cause crashes like that to happen I m more concerned now as my Anti-Virus scanner hasn t been detecting anything and I run it at least once a week Anybody have any suggestions as to what my next step should be here Thanks for any input EDIT I opened the Properties for the copy of RootRepeal that I have on my desktop and at the bottom of the General Tab was a security warning that said quot This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer quot There was also an option button to Unblock Is that normal Wendy

A:RootRepeal Caused System Crash

Sometime back I had downloaded RootRepeal.exe,I would uninstall it and start overWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.Direct Download (Recommended)Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorZip Mirrors (Recommended if you have a slower connection or if the Direct Download mirror is down)
Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorRar Mirrors - Only if you know what a RAR is and can extract it.
Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorExtract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.----------------------------------Please note: If Rootrepeal fails to run, try this step: Click Settings - Options. Set the Disk Access slider to HighAlso try: right-click on rootrepeal.exe and rename it to tatertot.scr============================Please download Win32kDiag.exe by AD and save it to your desktop.alternate download 1alternate download 2This tool will create a diagnostic report Double-click on Win32kDiag.exe to run and let it finish. When it states Finished! Press any key to exit..., press any key on your keyboard to close the program. A file called Win32kDiag.txt should be created on your Desktop.Open that file in Notepad and copy/paste the entire contents (from Starting up... to Finished! Press any key to exit...) in your next reply.-------------------------------------- Go to > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the open box: cmdClick OK.At the command prompt C:\>, copy and paste the following command and press Enter:DIR /a/s %windir%\scecli.dll %windir%\netlogon.dll %windir%\eventlog.dll >Log.txt & START notepad Log.txtA file called log.txt should be created on your Desktop.Open that file and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273100/rootrepeal-caused-system-crash/
Relevancy 67.51%

Gday I am by no means and expert nor am I am I total dufus when it comes to PC's Vista Ultimate SP AMD Phenom II x Gigabyte GA-MA T-UD P GB DDR W PSU Ok here goes Gigabyte have just released there latest BIOS update Updated caused BIOS crash system which claims to Fix audio noise issue while running ET in Win now I do not have Win installed on my PC however I have been having audio issues my MP 's have been playing quot choppy quot more so if I am running a backup doing a virus scan Other than that most of the time they play smoothly Anyways I thought of the onboard sound working overtime so I purchased a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Card installed it updated the drivers started playing an MP and then started a system Updated BIOS caused system crash backup Well I was very disappointed when the MP 's started to play quot choppy quot so that's when I headed over to Gigabytes website and was happy to Updated BIOS caused system crash see a BIOS update that may fix my sound issues Updated BIOS caused system crash I used the Gigabytes Update BIOS program as I have always done it downloaded and installed correctly Then I rebooted got flashed with BSOD the PC then restarted I let it boot up and was greeted by nothing No system startup tried booting into safe mode where it just hung Now this is where it gets interesting as I am paranoid about losing data I have External Hard Drives and two different Recovery Software installed is Paragon the other is Acronis I also use Vista's backup So first I try the Vista Disk Repair it found a problem and supposedly fixed it Rebooted got File windows system config system status xc f Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt Tried it again same result So I whipped out the Paragon Recovery CD and rcovered my system so I figured a new backup was in order in the process of backing up my data my system froze then WHAM a BSOD I put back in my Paragon Recovery CD this time it would not load any of the backups So out came the Vista Disk again where I did chkdsks f r on all of my drives including the TB and TB external The TB external came up with up with bad clusters which vista supposedly fixed Rebooted things were looking good the windows started to load and the BAM BSOD with the error message File windows system config system status xc f Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt So once again Vista Disk goes back in this time I do a system restore process completed successfully Rebooted things were looking good the windows started to load and the BAM BSOD with the error message File windows system config system status xc f Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt So at the moment I am trying a restore using Acronis with a wait time of hours If you are wondering why I have Paragon and Acronis it's because while Acronis was my first paid for Recovery Software the restore times I find excessive With Paragon I have found the restore times to be lightening fast in comparison to Acronis At the moment I do not know if Acronis will successfully restore my System And argggggg if it doesn't because while I don't mind reinstalling OS's on other peoples PC's I hate doing mine Oh footnote I backed up my previous BIOS version on my C yes I know dumb but I have never had a BIOS update failure before So other than the obvious reinstall of my OS should this recovery fail do you guys have any suggestions

A:Updated BIOS caused system crash

Hi,

To get the system going, re-download the original bios from the website & blow that one in.

How old is the back-up set?

Will the back-up recover your system to, post or pre sound card installation?

Look here for a driver finder: -

Driver Genius - Get 100% up-to-date drivers on your system

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/285602-updated-bios-caused-system-crash.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Gday I am by no means and expert nor am I am I total dufus when it comes to PC s Vista Ultimate SP AMD Phenom II x Gigabyte GA-MA T-UD P GB DDR W PSU Ok here goes Gigabyte have just released there latest BIOS update which claims to Fix audio noise issue while running ET in Win now I do not have Win installed on my PC however I have been having audio issues my MP s have been playing quot choppy quot more so if I am running a backup doing a virus scan Other than that most of the time they play smoothly Anyways I thought of crash BIOS caused system Updated the onboard sound working overtime so I purchased a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Updated BIOS caused system crash Xtreme Audio Card installed it updated the drivers started playing an MP and then started a system backup Well I was very disappointed when the MP s started to play quot choppy quot so that s when I headed over to Gigabytes website and was happy to see a BIOS update that may fix my sound issues I used the Gigabytes Update BIOS program as I have always done it downloaded and installed correctly Then I rebooted got flashed with BSOD the PC then restarted I let it boot up and was greeted by nothing No system startup tried booting into safe mode where it just hung Now this is where it gets interesting as I am paranoid about losing data I have External Hard Drives and two different Recovery Software installed is Paragon the other is Acronis I also use Vista s backup So first I try the Vista Disk Repair it found a problem and supposedly fixed it Rebooted got File windows system config system status xc f Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt Tried it again same result So I whipped out the Paragon Recovery CD and rcovered my system so I figured a new backup was in order in the process of backing up my data my system froze then WHAM a BSOD I put back in my Paragon Recovery CD this time it would not load any of the backups So out came the Vista Disk again where I did chkdsks f r on all of my drives including the TB and TB external The TB external came up with up with bad clusters which vista supposedly fixed Rebooted things were looking good the windows started to load and the BAM BSOD with the error message File windows system config system status xc f Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt So once again Vista Disk goes back in this time I do a system restore process completed successfully Rebooted things were looking good the windows started to load and the BAM BSOD with the error message File windows system config system status xc f Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt So at the moment I am trying a restore using Acronis with a wait time of hours If you are wondering why I have Paragon and Acronis it s because while Acronis was my first paid for Recovery Software the restore times I find excessive With Paragon I have found the restore times to be lightening fast in comparison to Acronis At the moment I do not know if Acronis will successfully restore my System And argggggg if it doesn t because while I don t mind reinstalling OS s on other peoples PC s I hate doing mine Oh footnote I backed up my previous BIOS version on my C yes I know dumb but I have never had a BIOS update failure before So other than the obvious reinstall of my OS should this recovery fail do you guys have any suggestions

A:Updated BIOS caused system crash

Never Mind Acronis recovered my OS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364222/updated-bios-caused-system-crash/
Relevancy 67.08%

Unknown Driver caused a system crash - igdkmd64.sys

Frequent occurrences

Brand new Dell laptop - barley setup let alone used.

Graphics drivers & windows 8.1 service packs updated.

Appears to be graphics related and occurs when using apps that would require the higher performance settings only. Crashes appear to be seeming random and often occur when i'm not even in front of the computer can occur immediately starting an app or an hour later.

Dell support seem unable to assist much or troubleshoot further.

Any insight would be appreciated

-------
Issue resolved thanks to the linked Intel Drivers - thanks and apologies for the delayed response - Holiday Season.

A:Unknown Driver caused a system crash - igdkmd64.sys

If it's brand new and you can bear to be without it for a while...RMA and ask for a new one..

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37529-unknown-driver-caused-system-crash-igdkmd64-sys.html
Relevancy 67.08%

First off these both happened at different time but I have been getting blue screens for the last week now and its normally when I am playing a game with a stream up on my second monitor Also I have WOW that I crash dxgmms1.sys and BSOD system caused kernel by play that seems to crash randomly due to a Error not BSOD caused by kernel system and dxgmms1.sys crash sure if this has anything to do with the blue screen though This is the first blue screen I got- - - dmp AM PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x fffffa e bdab fffff b dxgmms BSOD caused by kernel system and dxgmms1.sys crash sys dxgmms sys x ntoskrnl exe e C Windows Minidump - - dmp AM This is the second blue screen I got- - - dmp AM PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x fffff a d b f fffff a ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe e NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp ldr - x ntoskrnl exe e C Windows Minidump - - dmp AM These are my specs right now on my computer- Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i K GHz Haswell nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC SABERTOOTH Z MARK SOCKET Graphics VX x Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX EVGA Storage GB Seagate ST DM - ER SCSI Disk Device SATA GB Samsung SSD EVO G SCSI Disk Device SSD Optical Drives ASUS DRW- B ST j SCSI CdRom Device ASUS DRW- B ST j SCSI CdRom Device Audio Logitech G Headset

A:BSOD caused by kernel system and dxgmms1.sys crash

Hi MrBucket85 It would be useful if we could take a look at your minidumps.BSOD MinidumpsFollow the instructions below to get and upload your BSOD minidumps so I can analyze them:Create a new folder on your Desktop called dumps;Go in your C:\windows\minidump folder, copy every files inside then paste them in your dumps folder;Right-click on the dumps folder, select Send to then Compressed (zipped) folder;Attach the compressed folder (archive) to your next reply and post it;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569180/bsod-caused-by-kernel-system-and-dxgmms1sys-crash/
Relevancy 65.36%

Is there any solution to constant system failure to a level where the blue screen turns up and laptop can't be even turned on, after every system update?

I've checked the drivers and everything, but since the big update pack somewhere in March every update ends up in system failure. And the restore points before the updates are useless, because system doesn't recognize them.

After the second time this has happened and I've lost all the files that has not been backed up on hard drive I really start to think is there something wrong to Lenovo and Windows 7 combination?

I almost start to regret that I have legal version with update option.

A:System crash after every attempt to update Windows 7 64 bit on Lenovo

* It would be very helpful if we had your System Specs to know what we are dealing with...
System Info - See Your System Specs

* Have you received any error messages?

* Have you a Win 7 disk?

* IF you are having Blue Screens of Death

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229872-system-crash-after-every-attempt-update-windows-7-64-bit-lenovo.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey I'm not a guru or anything when it comes to something like this but when I started up my computer AVG popped up asking for an update which I did and it began to download crash. system internet fineq Now can't to games caused online, access AVG connect can I was in a game at the time online which suddenly hung I switched out and closed it off when my computer froze I couldn't do much with it which eventually lead me to hitting the reset button on the body It then went through this whole 'windows AVG caused system crash. Now can't connect to games online, can access internet fineq is trying to repair what happened' cycle which it said it eventually AVG caused system crash. Now can't connect to games online, can access internet fineq concluded could not do However the computer then restarted again and was seemingly working fine However now when I try and access a game any game it can't connect online I can however go on a forum like this and post watch a video on youtube etc in other words access the internet fine I uninstalled AVG and am still having the issue I checked windows defender and the games are allowed through the default firewall I can post system specs if needed

A:AVG caused system crash. Now can't connect to games online, can access internet fineq

Hello,

What version of AVG did you have installed?

After uninstalling try using the AVG Removal Tool here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/avg-caused-system-crash-now-cant-connect-to-games-online-can-access-internet-fineq-679743.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello

MY Windows PC crashed overnight. I was not able to restart it. A message was telling that probably a missing element was missing.

- I was able to load in safe mode After 3 retry, Windows finally did start normally

After reloading, I was not able to restart my anti-virus Kaspersky. After a clean re-install, Kaspersky was able to load. I doubt that I have a virus. No virus found after analysis.

Is there a way to know what has cause Windows to crash?

Martin

A:How to know what caused Windows to crash

Martin
There are two broad reasons that a computer has problems
One is hardware. That includes memory, hard drive, psu, etc
The other is software, drivers, software, etc.
If you were able to get your computer working after a reinstall, the problem is software.
Even if you did have a virus it is gone after a clean reinstall.
In the future, if you want to know the cause you have to come to us before the problem is resolved and we can help you find the cause.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322754-how-know-what-caused-windows-crash.html
Relevancy 61.92%

The other day (around last month or so), I've went to attempt to play my .MKV files in Windows 7 Ultimate edition SP1. However, when I played one of my .MKV files that I had downloaded off the internet, my Windows Explorer file manager suddenly crashed all of a sudden.

The only way that I can get around this problem is by opening a separate video player program (i.e. DivX player or Media Player Classic). That seems to solve this particular problem.

I've tried doing the same situation, but on a Windows 8 (consumer preview) laptop computer and it played without any issues. I also have another laptop that is running Windows 7 Home Premium, albeit it's newer - but I haven't tried that issue as of yet.

Anyways, how can I prevent this issue from happening from occurring? I've did a anti-spyware and anti-virus scan and there's no problems whatsoever.

A:Certain MKV files caused Windows 7 to crash

Either the mkv file is corrupted or is linked to malware Or it is poorly encoded. If you downloaded the video via P2P software that is which is dangerous. Most P2P software downloads (Files downloads) can be infected. I would delete the mkv file and run a full scan with your current anti virus program. If it offers an offline scan (Boot time scan) or running in safe mode I recommend doing that also.

I recommend VLC for video play back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/certain-mkv-files-caused-windows-7-to-crash-662043.html
Relevancy 60.63%

yes im aware there is a tenforums for w however it seems mostly caused loop explorer.exe by crash Windows 10, ntdll.dll dead there i did post a thread there though so the latest update has caused my machine to open and close windows explorer every Windows 10, explorer.exe crash loop caused by ntdll.dll second or so this renders the machine nearly unusable as the loop causes clicks to not be registered or Windows 10, explorer.exe crash loop caused by ntdll.dll cleared sometimes i know that this is the update because i did a system restore before the update and it returned to normal however last night windows decided to update again when i restarted my computer there is no way to disable the updates on preview - - i cant restore anymore and am stuck with a nonfuntioning computer because of this quot feature quot i tried a clean boot with same symptoms as well as another account i have tracked the issue down to ntdll dll via event viewer displaying errors causing explorer exe to crash this is the full information from event viewer Code Faulting application name EXPLORER EXE version time stamp x b Code Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x b Exception code xc Fault offset x e Faulting process id x fc Faulting application start time x d fa b Faulting application path C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE Faulting module path C WINDOWS SYSTEM ntdll dll Report Id e b - b - e - - ae d f f c Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID

A:Windows 10, explorer.exe crash loop caused by ntdll.dll

The 10 forums, at least the one I'm registered on, is very active.
Windows 10 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58001-windows-10-explorer-exe-crash-loop-caused-ntdll-dll.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Just posting as a warning to others and to vent update A settings update reset? windows to caused my annoyance a bit I always set up my Windows update settings to quot check and notify but don't download and install unless I tell you to quot to prevent HDD thrashing performance downgrading at the A update caused windows update settings to reset? worst possible times and annoying quot oh you need to restart quot notifications All working fine but yesterday I notice some random and annoying HDD thrashing bit later on the windows update restart notification wants to restart the computer what It turns out my update settings had been reset to quot automatically download and install recommended quot without my knowledge and express permission I was not amused And no nobody else but me has access to the computer much less someone who knows from where the windows update settings can be modified And I doubt any malware virus would be interested in keeping my windows up to date automatically Don't know what exact update caused it but I know I will disable all windows updates if this happens again

A:A update caused windows update settings to reset?

Quote: Originally Posted by hexaq

but I know I will disable all windows updates if this happens again.

Your'e over-reacting a bit, don't you think? I would hazard a guess and say your system isn't behaving any worse then it was before, and its more secure now

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/293681-update-caused-windows-update-settings-reset.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all,

I recently used DBAN to nuke my girlfriends laptop (a Sony Vaio) after it was rendered near-useless by a virus. I reinstalled Windows 7 and all was well until it came to updating. There was 100+ security updates etc and they were all downloaded and installed automatically. After this the laptop's performance became increasingly worse until a couple of days later it died on us again. I re-nuked it and reinstalled Windows 7. I haven't downloaded any updates and it's working fine now, so my somewhat inevitable question is this: is it possible that one of these updates causing the laptop to freak out? If so, how do I identify it?

I've been searching a few forums for an answer but no one seems to have had a similar enough problem for me to be able to take advice from, so if anyone could help it would be thoroughly appreciated: there's few things more frustrating than an uncooperative laptop!

A:Potential crash caused by windows updates on nuked Sony Vaio?

Always install teh proper drivers for the system first - go to the Sony website for them

try installing the Offline SP1 (if you installed RTM) rather than using WU - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5842

If you're updating from an SP1 install, do about 5-10 at a time (and reboot between batches), but leave the .NET updates until last, and install them one by one in order of release date (NOT KB number!), with reboots between each.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/215100-potential-crash-caused-windows-updates-nuked-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Could someone advise me how I should proceed I am partway through cleaning my PC from various hijacksbut because IE crashes I cannot get windows update andcannot run any online scans Trend Micro does supportFirefox but that also does nothing ie Firefox onlyshows quot transferring data Crash Infections, Other And 3721 Cnsmin Ie Oe Windows.update Crash, And quot and 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash never gets to theLaunching House call button IE crashes on all these scan sites bitdefender comhousecall trendmicro compandasoftware comIE does not crash on other sites such as news bbc co uk ortiscali co uk I have followed these steps after searching Help Topics for CnsMin and in Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and done Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files ran latest Spybot with latest definitions both normal 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash mode and Safe Mode with Ad-Aware normal mode Online scans all tried and failed as IE crashed on each site Ran AVG Grisoft McAfee Stinger ran - nothing found Microsoft firewall was 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash already enabled Windows updates crashes in IE HijackThis ranMy brother who is helping me via email has sent me instructionshttp www spyany com program article spy rm CnsMin htmlon removing CnsMin but the registry editor instructionslook behind my abilities This site explains the CnsMin in detail but does not offerany removal instructions http www ca com securityadvisor pest pe px id Should I post a HijackThis log anyway in the right forum of course or should I try something else I know I ve had CnsMin since last year when I was able to useIE with online scans which reported it but I never got around totrying to fix it - I was and still am a PC newbie I had switched from IE to Firefox some months ago and usedIE only for windows updates But I wasn t getting IE crashes until some weeks ago I hope my system details are in my sig

A:3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash

CnsMin has an uninstaller which removes most components, but leaves the machine with no network or Internet connection. I suggest you post your log in the Hijackthis forum.

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have not been replied as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51330/3721-cnsmin-and-other-infections-oe-and-ie-crash-windowsupdate-crash/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey first time posting here and doing so because I no longer trust the support I can get from microsoft itself these days Alright long story short I had this Lenovo update Catastrophic crash system after laptop for the better part of months store bought with a host of custom Catastrophic system crash after update features installed cloud memory things like that that I was talked into getting I wanted a decent laptop that could take alot of punishment as I do quite a bit of gaming inbetween work Now I won t list you my woes with trying finangle windows I made my bed so I decided to lie in it and simply put up with the Catastrophic system crash after update fact that I spent quid on a laptop that struggled with the graphical intensity of Elder Scrolls Oblivion I had been pestered for a while by the automatic update to update to the latest version of windows which I ignored until it all but forced me to update it as you do Worked fine for a day or so although I didn t really notice any changes then while in a conversation on skype while playing a game I had a word document and google chrome open if that matters my computer locked up hard couldn t move my mouse and the last thing my friend said to me over skype was stuttering on repeat every milisecond in a really aggravating staccato noise My computer was entirely unresponsive so I did a cold restart by pressing down on the off button until the computer restarted I know you aren t supposed to do that and its bad for the computer but I really had no option but to do so Once it restarted I got the usual Lenovo start up screen which promptly faded to black and replaced by the same Lenovo startup screen telling me to wait patiently while it gets started I then wasted two hours watching windows getting reinstalled onto my laptop by itself I had no option to do so and I was terrified of restarting my computer again in case it would wipe everything Fortunately when all was said and done all my files and goods were there lesson learned I moved everything of value to my dropbox just in case Fortunately everything is perfectly functional except you know now I am missing my cloud storage I paid somewhere in the region of a hundred pounds for the search function has weirded out and expanded and several other apps are missing but for the life of me I can t tell you which ones No big loss there at least I never used them much The biggest problem I found is apparently graphical as I can no longer run any of my games No biggie must be a game problem right Just reinstall everything Except that doesn t seem to be working I checked my graphics cards and they have their drivers up to date everything else on the laptop seems functional including sound things like minecraft work but I suspect that had to do with javascript somehow I tried to do a system restore but the option is greyed out probably meaning I have no points to restore to which I am almost certain I did I checked the update history for my windows and it gives the date it was activated originally but says there has never been any system update which is blatant lies At this point I am no longer angry just tired I want to know what happened and what I can do to prevent it and if possible fix whatever the hell this update broke with my drivers graphics whatever is keeping me from my usual distractions Can anyone help Do you need any detailed information to do so nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

This morning I got that little bubble on the bottom right of the screen that said windows updates were ready to install. Ok, so I installed. I generally do this...you are suppose to install the updates right? And you can trust microsoft right

So after it went through its thing and was done it told me to reboot...not unusual, so I rebooted. When it came back up my desktop was a tiny little square in the middle of the screen with no resolution. I went into the control panel thinking I could fix it. NOTHING in the control panel worked, it was like everything was locked.

Nothing else within the sytem worked either....I ended up having to reinstall my xp disc.

Has anyone else heard of this happening??

A:xp update made system crash

My son downloaded the update and now his system runs very very slow. I'm not sure what to do. Can you delete the SP 2 update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-update-made-system-crash.316587/
Relevancy 56.76%

earlier today i installed the latest security updates released by microsoft along with the malicious software removal tool update. upon completion of the updates i restarted my computer as usual to finish the installation. when it rebooted i was unable to log-on. i would click on the picture and the circle would spin like it was busy but after a few seconds my screen went black and then came back bit nothing changed. after a restart in safe mode and a system restore everything is working again. has anyone else experienced anything of this sort with these updates?

A:Windows update caused bsod

I had downloaded those updates a bit earlier, and postponed rebooting, because of being involved in a TV program, but reading your question, I went ahead and rebooted. Fortunately, it didn't hang on the reboot for me, so I guess that you just got a bad download. The point at which it hung is where that it continues configuring the updates. Since you did a System Restore, I would imagine that the installation of the updates were erased, so you might try running Windows Update again and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45805-windows-update-caused-bsod.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi to all Windows recently installed new updates KB KB KB KB and after the update I could open no folders The system reported 'no program associated with this file ' and I could find no work-around solution I rolled back to a restore point just before the update and all worked I performed 7 Windows problem Update caused the update Windows 7 Update caused problem again and the same problem I restored again to a prior restore point Some additional info recently I had to repair my laptop and removed the HD and installed in another for a while The Windows 7 Update caused problem first automatic update was performed in the other laptop and it was just after this I returned the HD to this laptop During the problem I could open files from within an application ie in Excel I could find the file and open it but from quot my computer quot directly I could access no HD During the problem I could open files and folders from my desktop but in any opened folder I could not open Windows 7 Update caused problem anything directly I'm hoping for some solutions and until I have to avoide updates Thanks Dennis

A:Windows 7 Update caused problem

Set automatic update to notify. When the updates arrive again, install one at a time. If they all install great. If one is the problem install the others. When the problem arrives again, right click and then hide, unless the update is classified important.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/137857-windows-7-update-caused-problem.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I woke up yesterday morning st April around am GMT to find my PC had rebooted itself with lots of changes made These include Desktop settings changed new wallpaper all programs previously pinned to taskbar lost MS Word had lost all preferences had to sign-in as new users giving full name and initials recently used file list empty default font changed from mine to Times Same is true for Excel and Powerpoint Cute FTP settings lost no list of sites in site manager all passwords gone iTunes settings lost all files moved to users Dave My Music iTunes which is not the default iTunes folder All documents move to users Dave My seems problems have 7 update caused few a Windows to Documents and not visible in Libraries Documents In fact writing it Windows 7 update seems to have caused a few problems down makes me realise this may well be a settings issue I don t seem to have lost files but all the settings have either been deleted or moved Has anyone else experienced this Should I be concerned at all about some kind of hijack I m pretty sure Microsoft Security Essentials was turned on Thanks

A:Windows 7 update seems to have caused a few problems

Do a system restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/75580-windows-7-update-seems-have-caused-few-problems.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an Acer laptop. It is whole disk encrypted, so I have to type in a password first thing when I turn it on before it will boot up.

Well, Monday morning, there in the tray is the Microsoft update tool telling me to update, so I did (I think it included Malicious software removal tool). It tells me it has to restart and gets to configuring step 3 of 3 100% (do not turn off computer).
Then it restarts again, and again and again...I cannot get on to my computer to access anything.

I get the same message: configuring step 3 of 3 100% with a blue screen, and it restarts. Every time it restarts I have to login my encrytion password. It must have restarted 25 times by now.

Any advice on getting access to my laptop again would be welcome!! Thank you in advance

A:Windows update caused pc to keep restarting...

What does the blue screen say?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302057/windows-update-caused-pc-to-keep-restarting/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Am after some help please to diagnose and resolve a CPU problem that I ve encountered in the last few Spikes....caused Windows by CPU Update? days on my laptop I may be wrong but I m pretty sure it has happened since a Windows Update installed as I remember a big registry update like I say may be wrong First - laptop details Dell Inspiron Gb RAM Pentium Dual Core CPU T Ghz Windows SP My physical CPU Spikes....caused by Windows Update? memory is pretty stable at around to Gb but my CPU spikes are just haywire and latency on keyboard strokes is driving me nuts Even running no programmes the CPU is betwen and whilst I m running IE then it s to The task manager graph is just a total zigzag Unfortunately i don t think I have a restore point to go back to pre-Update so I don t think I have that easy route out Not sure where to go next any advice much appreciated Thanks Rich

A:CPU Spikes....caused by Windows Update?

Hello, Rib

If you are pretty sure that it is an update that you have recently installed, then you can uninstall it from Programs and Features in Control Panel and see if the problem goes away.

Start button

Control Panel

Programs

Programs and Features

view installed updates (left hand-pane)

select the update then click uninstall
If you know the date the problem update was installed, then you can scroll to the right of a selected update in Programs and Features and see when the update was installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424360/cpu-spikescaused-by-windows-update/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone I recently installed Windows Home Premium There seems to be a problem with the windows update feature which is causing constant blue screens It will attempt to download windows updates and stay at quot at kb quot I'll leave this for an hour and it will stay the same I go to reboot the computer and it decides to install updates that it says it hasn't downloaded I have been doing this caused by BSOD update windows for the past week to try and get all the updates for windows I have attempted BSOD caused by windows update two fresh installations of windows but I'm not sure if the primary partition formatted properly the second time before installing Every minutes my computer will blue screen whenever I try to watch a video or just generally browsing on google chrome I am sure my computer is blue screening because all the windows updates haven't downloaded I noticed this happened last year when I didn't download all the updates after installing windows After they were installed all the problems disappeared Most of the blue screens have the error code X E and NON PAGED AREA I am worried by not being able to see what updates are downloading that my computer has skipped some important updates as it downloaded updates and then failed and after that only installed Is there anyway to fix this Or at least manually download all the windows updates to make sure I have them all Thank you Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor GHz RAM GB Graphics Card GeForce

A:BSOD caused by windows update

Hello and welcome itslikecoffee mate could you follow these if possible
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
&
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

I do have a gut feeling about your RAM too but it can wait.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/393816-bsod-caused-windows-update.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I need a help to fix my lappy issue..

Lenovo Z570; WiFI was not detecting the router so i have downloaded drivers and updated from lenovo support store, still the problem was not fixed so i found some suggestion as to update the BIOS. I did the same from lenosupport store it self, after on lappy got crashed!! windows is loading but after that when logo display time its just going freeze for a while and blue screen displays for a second and getting re-started!!

tried all the available options through boot menu... like restore for previous state/safe mode boot/last good config/system recovery etc.. still its unsuccessful!!

Even try to format and re-install, after changing the priority of boot to hard disc its still going with the regular boot as from HDD!!

Please help me to resolve

A:BIOS update made system crash!!

Well first off, flashing the bios would have no affect on connecting to your router, the problem you had was within windows, or with the router. Next time just reboot the router, then reboot windows and it should fix the problem. But anyway, go into the bios and reset to defaults, reboot the pc and let us know what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285404-bios-update-made-system-crash.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, all! I just installed the latest Windows Updates . It caused Internet Explorer 11 to not open webpage and crash almost instantly. I did a System Restore and the problem was no longer there. Has anyone else had a problem like this or know which particular update may have caused this problem? Note that my Firefox and AOL browsers were not affected by the updates.
Thanks, Mark

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395982-latest-windows-update-s-caused-ie-problem.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics startup Update caused Windows failure Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA PEQAA Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled I am convinced that my computer has been dishonored and is trying to commit Hari-Kari This year-old Toshiba P came with Win installed This August after an automatic Windows Update it failed to startup properly After logging in Explorer would freeze I was able to start up in Safe Mode Windows Update log showed that a half dozen updates had just been installed Windows Update caused startup failure and several had failed I used Recovery and selected a restore point just before the update All went OK and the computer now worked until the next time I shut down whereupon it headed off to re-install the updates This time I noticed it hung in the Installing Updates do not turn off your computer quot screen for many many hours eventually failing to install them I repeated this cycle three times over teh next few days growing more desperate each time Finally I found a kb on the MSDN site that sounded applicable It had me download and install a quot Mr Fixit quot utility I did so got one more lockup then upon entering Safe Mode saw a new option Repair Startup or some such I tried it and lo it worked No more endless quot Installing Updates quot messages I then changed the Windows Update mode to manual It still sent me messages about updates being available so I then turned off the Windows Update service All was quiet for three weeks Then last Friday the same drill - hung after logging in Only this time it has invented a more ominous way to die I did the Safe Mode- gt Control Panel- gt Recovery drill I can do it in my sleep now and uh-oh it says I have no restore points I used to have dozens Looking at the update log I only see three update that I think are when I installed Mr Fixit I went ahead and uninstalled them anyway The computer wanted a reboot and once again locked on the quot configuring Updates quot screen Now I can only start up in Safe Mode with Networking which is how I am able to write this With no restore points to choose what next How do I keep this from happening again Charlie nbsp

A:Windows Update caused startup failure

Here is the MGA diagnostic output if that is any help:
Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
-----------------------------------------
Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0x8007043c
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-4F8HK-M4P73-W8DQG
Windows Product Key Hash: Xs1iQgVeo0C+sObJxS7eu+FuBPQ=
Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00057
Windows Product ID Type: 2
Windows License Type: OEM SLP
Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003
ID: {F07E249A-8839-4802-82BE-3C98E64D217F}(1)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
Architecture: 0x00000009
Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
TTS Error:
Validation Diagnostic:
Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 100 Genuine
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 100 Genuine
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3_E2AD56EA-765-d003_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
File Mismatch: C:\windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{F07E249A-8839-4802-82BE-3C98E64D217F}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-W8DQG</PKey><PID>00359-OEM-8992687-00057</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2147893165-1582137205-1436353151</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Model>Satellite P755</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Version>2.10</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20110713000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>D9E73F07018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>TOSCPL</OEMID><OEMTableID>TOSCPL00</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-caused-startup-failure.1069293/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

Windows 8 Forum

I Have a problem with my HP NV6-1126SA Laptop which came with Windows 8. I have done a windows 8 update which has caused my screen to become very dim. I have tried
The basic adjusting setups for example the FN and brightness key which does not work.The lower right corner adjust which are on full and still no effect on the screens brightness.Scanned with Anti-MalwareBytes and removed the two trojansThe SFC Scan had repaired some of the errors except the brightness of the screen.Disk Check found no errors

I have recently used your removal tool to remove McAfee from my laptop and manually removed Norton Internet Security. I do have Windows Defender on there.

I was wondering if i should replace Windows Defender with Microsoft Security Essential? Also I want to identify the problem with my brightness of the screen if it is software related.

Thank You

A:WIndows 8 Update Caused Screen to stay dim

Hello Sunny210,

These threads might give you a helping hand:

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-h...-t-adjust.html

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-h...-1-update.html

Have a look see if it helps and get back to us.

I believe in Windows eight MSE and Windows Defender merged to make windows 8 "Windows Defender". This is confusing as it is named the same thing in Windows 7 for example. Although the Windows 8 Windows defender now encapsulates both pieces of software so should not need to install MSE.

Cheers,
Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41198-windows-8-update-caused-screen-stay-dim.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings When I try to update Windows Vista Home Edition it hangs at percent I don't know if this caused by malware Kaspersky found nothing and here is the RSIT log Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by HP Administrator at - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GBTotal RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted TMRUBottedTray exeC Windows System rundll exeC SRN Micro SOLOSENT EXEC SRN Micro SOLOCFG EXEC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC hp kbd kbd exeC Windows system wuauclt exec windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC SDFix Norman Malware Cleaner exeC Windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Trouble Windows Update by - caused Malware? Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA AVG AVG aAvgApi exeC Users HP Administrator Downloads RSIT exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HP Administrator exeR - HKCU Software Windows Update Trouble - caused by Malware? Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie Windows Update Trouble - caused by Malware? redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Hosts localhostO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - HKLM Run HPBootOp quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Boot Optimizer HPBootOp exe quot runO - HKLM Run KBD quot C HP KBD KbdStub EXE quot O - HKLM Run NvSvc quot C Windows system RUNDLL EXE quot C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStartO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot C Windows system RUNDLL EXE quot C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter quot C Windows system RUNDLL EXE quot C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run TMRUBottedTray quot C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted TMRUBottedTray exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run SoloScan C SRNMIC SOLOSCAN EXE VO - HKLM Run SoloSentry C SRNMIC SOLOSENT EXEO - HKLM Run SoloSchedule C SRNMIC SOLOCFG EXEO - HKLM Run SoloSysCheck C S... Read more

A:Windows Update Trouble - caused by Malware?

No Comments?

Thanks anyway, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186570/windows-update-trouble-caused-by-malware/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I just updated from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Seemed to have worked as it should. But I discoverd I cannot acces my D: partition anymore; I get an notification saying the drive is unreadable and has to be formatted. The partition is located on my Main SDD, together (obviously) with my C: boot partition, which is working fine.
It is not a big loss at itself (D: is only used to install programms), but it's annoying and also quite disturbing...

Anyone got a clue what's going on here?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/33425-update-windows-10-caused-unformatted-partition.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm honestly not sure if this is more a windows XP issue or more a network issue My apologies in advance if I've mis-estimated I run XP corporate on a Sony VIAO laptop This morning I finished downloading and installing yesterday's updates Upon rebooting I notwork Windows caused update XP issue was met with two Windows XP update caused notwork issue error messages Windows told me I had no firewall turned on something I'd long since dealt with I use ESET and had long since told XP to stop bugging me about this ESET told me that quot an error occured while starting services Analysis of application protocols POP HTTP will not function quot Along with these errors I find that I can't get on the internet though the wireless connection to my router is still working fine I can only assume that the Windows update caused this problem but I'm not sure what the problem is I assume Windows' update caused the error since I had nothing like this going on before and the problem started exactly when the update installed Any help would be much appreciated I looked at services to see if anything had been disabled that shouldn't be I didn't spot anything I also re-installed my wireless driver just in case No dice

A:Windows XP update caused notwork issue

Do System Restore to a time before this happened.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-update-caused-notwork-issue-635678.html
Relevancy 55.9%

After accidentally leaving Automatic Updates on windows installed updates at a time Somehow this caused my wireless modem to stop functioning I finally bought a new modem but unfortunately its installation sticks at the exact same point the old one did leading me to believe it is a hardware independent problem When I run the installation software everything goes smoothly up until the point when I shut down in order to physically install the hardware Upon rebooting the installation is supposed to hand over to the New Hardware Wizard which it does However even when I tell the Wizard exactly where to find the proper drivers it fails to find them The only other option the Wizard has is to connect to the internet which I can't do After that difficulties by driver windows caused (?) update it just tells me that the driver difficulties caused by windows update (?) install has failed I know they are driver difficulties caused by windows update (?) the current drivers as driver difficulties caused by windows update (?) they come directly from the company website I've tried reinstalling the drivers from the Device Manager but the New Hardware Wizard just opens again with the same results The problem only appeared after all the updates installed so I wonder if uninstalling some of the more recent updates would fix the problem but I am unsure how to do this I just want to get one modem or the other equipped with the proper drivers If anyone could help me do this I would be eternally grateful

A:driver difficulties caused by windows update (?)

Hi there drepper, to uninstall the updates go into your Control Panel and select Add/Remove programs. When it open, place a check in 'Show updates' at the top of the page, then when the list populates, scroll down to reveal the updates/hotfixes and to the right of each one should be the install date.

Also, are the drivers which you're having problems with currently compressed/zipped?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/driver-difficulties-caused-by-windows-update-122565.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My PC had not been updated for a long time so i recently installed SP2 then headed to the windows update site. The list was quite long, 56mb worth of priority updates. I downloaded them and my computer need to be restarted.

Upon restart, major problems...Windows wouldn't load!!. It would get to just before login screen when a blue screen would flash then PC would restart, over and over again.

I ended up doing a total recovery to fix the problem. My PC needs the updates, but i don't want to have this issue again. Any ideas?

A:Windows update caused major headaches

SP2 has a Boot Option to disable automatic restarting in the event of errors. Hit F8 early and often and select this boot option from the Boot Options menu. When XP crashes it will show an error number and error text. From that information a less painful repair becomes possible than doing a full reinstallation of XP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-caused-major-headaches-115945.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, all! I just installed the latest Windows Updates . It caused Internet Explorer 11 to not open webpage and crash almost instantly. I did a System Restore and the problem was no longer there. Has anyone else had a problem like this or know which particular update may have caused this problem? Note that my Firefox and AOL browsers were not affected by the updates.
Thanks, Mark

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/395982-latest-windows-update-s-caused-ie-problem.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I ran Windows Caused Update Issue Solved: the lastest Windows updates on my PC and when it rebooted it was stuck on the quot Configuring Windows do Not Shut Down quot screen for Solved: Windows Update Caused Issue hours Finally I shut down and the PC would not start up I tried to do a system restore to before the Windows update and got errors However the PC did start up and actually said the restore worked but not everything is functioning correctly on the PC there is no HDMI sound for example and Google Chrome Updater will not connect to the internet I tried to do another system restore from within Windows and got the error message in the attached screen shot Does anyone know how to get system restore to start working Solved: Windows Update Caused Issue again Thanks in advance for the help BTW Solved: Windows Update Caused Issue - Here is the log from TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN ALOE Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Update Caused Issue

I was able to get get Windows Restore to run, but things are still not running correctly. One example is the Google Chrome updater can't connect. Then, when I try to manually download Chrome and install it I get a message that says it will not install as Windows updates are needed (but when I try to install the Windows updates my PC gets stuck on the reboot (as detailed above).

Internet Exploerer will also not start. The problem details in the error message are:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 9.0.8112.16446
Application Timestamp: 4fb5ac91
Fault Module Name: aswWebRepIE64.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.1456.418
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ff31ba0
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000167d1
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1f6f
Additional Information 2: 1f6f2d215733aeb07f49b7ea5b84bba7
Additional Information 3: 8878
Additional Information 4: 88782d9724deba442e5003b8fdc7962a

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If more information is needed, please let me know and I will provide what I can.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-caused-issue.1063098/
Relevancy 55.9%

Windows XP-
Blue screen reads-
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk fragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer."
Technical information:
*** Stop:0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x8672F3C8, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

The problem is I can not type anything....I have restarted-but same msg after it gives me the choice to start in safe mode or other choices...such as Start windows normally, etc.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.....not very computer savy.
Thanks-jsl

A:Windows update occurred-caused blue screen-windows shutdown

run it from the recovery console
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-occurred-caused-blue-screen-windows-shutdown-313396.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I allowed the Windows update at the power off feature.  Now when I logon I all I have is a blank screen with a mouse cursor.  I can access the task manager and perform a restore point, using the "create new task" and typing "rstrui.exe".  I can access restore points but after running the program I get the error that it wasn't perform because I have an Anti Virus program still running.  I cannot disable it in task manager.  Also I cannot access the boot up mode so I can run Safe Mode.  F8 does nothing.

thanks

A:Windows update caused blank screen after logon

Hold the Shift key and click the power button on the lower right corner of the login screen.
Continue holding shift and choose restart.

This should bring you to a startup options menu where you can choose boot options such as safe mode with networking.

Attempt to run the system restore again, if it fails try running 'dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth' from an administrative command prompt.
Let me know of the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564364/windows-update-caused-blank-screen-after-logon/
Relevancy 55.47%

After accidentally leaving Automatic Updates on windows installed updates at a time Somehow this caused my wireless modem to stop functioning I finally bought a new modem but unfortunately its installation sticks at the installation hardware problems Windows update caused exact same point the old one did leading me to believe it is a hardware independent problem When I run the installation software everything goes smoothly up until the point when I shut down in order to physically install the hardware Upon rebooting the installation is supposed to hand over to the New Hardware Wizard which it does However even when I tell the Wizard exactly Windows update caused hardware installation problems where to find the proper drivers it fails to find them The only other option the Wizard has is to Windows update caused hardware installation problems connect to the Windows update caused hardware installation problems internet which I can t do After that it just tells me that the install has failed I know they are the current drivers as they come directly from the company website I ve tried reinstalling the drivers from the Device Manager but the New Hardware Wizard just opens again with the same results The problem only appeared after all the updates installed so I wonder if uninstalling some of the more recent updates would fix the problem but I am unsure how to do this I just want to get one modem or the other equipped with the proper drivers If anyone could help me do this I would be eternally grateful nbsp

A:Windows update caused hardware installation problems

Try pointing the New Hardware Wizard to:

c:\windows\INF

This is a hidden directory and you have to have "show hidden files" enabled in Folder Options > View to find it.

If that resolves the problem, make sure your install path in the registry conforms to the screenshot

Otherwise ...
What I would do is run System Restore and return to a date prior to the updates install. This will effectively uninstall them.

Then if the issue is resolved you can go to Windows update and just install a couple at a time and test the results.

Run: msconfig and select Launch System Restore. You should actually see some restore points for each of the major updates.

You can backtrack that way. The last restore can be undone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-caused-hardware-installation-problems.512110/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am experiencing several problems that I believe though I am not sure are related to windows as I began to experience them after an update in November I am stuck using Edge as a browser Firefox will download and install but will only display blank pages Chrome cannot connect to the internet to complete installation even though my internet connection is ok Internet explorer possibly Multiple 10 update by windows caused issues will not work at all The steam app will not connect to the network meaning that I am unable to download anything This happens despite the network being up and my internet connection working YouTube videos will not play properly the page will usually have to be refreshed several times before the video will play Videos played in media player etc will not play sound Sound plays fine when the file is played on another device I have tried the usual things such as uninstalling and reinstalling the programs and disabling my firewall when the programs are unable to connect but to no avail Thank you in Multiple issues possibly caused by windows 10 update advance to anyone who may be able to suggest anything or to shed light on what may be causing these issues P S Sorry If I have not posted this in the correct place

A:Multiple issues possibly caused by windows 10 update

Lots of things to do starting with making sure your Windows Updates are installed successfully. Also run SFC /scannow and chkdsk /r. Report back and we'll see where we stand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/multiple-issues-possibly-caused-by-windows-10-update-1103058.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there I received a Windows Vista Home Premium SP bits Failing WIndows Update by caused malware/rootkit that was practically dead Failing WIndows Update caused by malware/rootkit after the lady that owns it had tried to remove a trojan by using tools like internet protection Failing WIndows Update caused by malware/rootkit system repair trojan remover and registry reviver After having done some initial cleaning up with Anti-Malwarebytes and Norman Malware Cleaner I managed to restore the system to end July I reinstalled the ladies damaged antivirus amp firewall program Norman and verything seemed OK until I started to apply the necessary Windows Updates Then I learned from the error code that the update could not be installed because of one or more running processes Since this could not be overcome by using a clean boot or the safe mode I started to suspect hidden malware or a rootkit Other things that since then occurred to me are IE advertising pages turning up automatically approx every half hour and a lot of HDD activity while the system is in rest You ll find the DDS log under this message The requested attachment is also added I did not attach the GMER log since it was empty no modifications found N B In GMER most options were greyed out so I ran it with only services registry files and ADS ticked I sincerely hope you can help me to get rid of the evil underneath the hood Repad -------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Adrem PGB Begeleidin at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Norman Security Suite Enabled Updated D CA - F - BF- AA- C D E SP Norman Security Suite Enabled Updated B B - C - F -AE A- B A C ACDC SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Norman Security Suite Enabled E BA - C C- E -BFF -AAF A A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files Norman Npm Bin elogsvc exe C Program Files Norman Ngs Bin Nnf exe C Program Files Norman Ngs Bin Nprosec exe C Windows system ATKFUSService exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files Norman Npm Bin Zanda exe C Program Files Norman npm bin nvoy exe C Program Files Norman npf bin npfsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Norman Npm Bin scheduler exe C Program Files Norman Npm Bin Njeeves exe C Program Files Norman nig bin nigsvc exe C Program Files Norman Nse Bin NSESVC EXE C Program Files Norman Nvc Bin nvcoas exe C Program Files ASUS GamerOSD ATKFastUserSwitching exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Philips Philips Songbird Resources Autolauncher PhilipsDeviceListener exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Norman Npm Bin Zlh exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJ... Read more

A:Failing WIndows Update caused by malware/rootkit

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/415158 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415158/failing-windows-update-caused-by-malwarerootkit/
Relevancy 55.47%

I did a restart, logged in and screen remained blank. I tried to restart several times and had the same problem. Finally I did a system restore and booted okay. I then deleted all files and folders in Windows/SoftwareDistribution and changed the windows update setting to not check for updates because I didn't want the update to apply after any restarts. How should I go about fixing the problem so I can get and install updates. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for being long-winded.

A:June Windows 8.1 update caused desktop not to display

I have the exact same problem after installing the updates. I noticed that explorer.exe didn't start on my computer. If I start it manually it does show up in de task manager but nothing else happens.
Edit: I've added a screenshot of the updates.

Edit2: I have installed all the updates except for KB2969339 on a different windows and I didn't experience any problems. So KB2969339 seems to be the one causing all the trouble. You can rightclick on the update in the update list and click hide to hide it so you never accidentally install it again. However, I don't know anything about computers so I don't know if doing that will cause more problems later on.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47962-june-windows-8-1-update-caused-desktop-not-display.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey my to Windows Update Help! no speakers caused work? longer everyone Hope somebody can help- my computer is an HP Pavilion dv PC Notebook running Vista bit everything at it's most updated I got prompted to update my system Windows Update caused my speakers to no longer work? Help! by Windows Update and I went ahead and clicked on the ones that were security oriented and one pertaining to my Nvidia HD driver figuring that it couldn't hurt Well immediately after this was completed and the system restarted there arose a problem The mute key on my quickplay touch pad above the keyboard stays lit orange meaning muted I can touch it and the icon in the volume control on the screen will become muted and I touch it again and it becomes unmuted- but the key itself remains orange as if indicating it's muted which it sort of is I'll explain there Windows Update caused my speakers to no longer work? Help! is only sound coming out of the subwoofer on the bottom of the computer Windows Update caused my speakers to no longer work? Help! itself not out of the high quality speakers above the keyboard It's troubling me and I've gone through all the typical procedures reverting back to the last updated state deleting the updated files etc So essentially I know I could use headphones tried and they seem to be working fine or external speakers but the one that was built into my unit was absolutely top-notch and I loved it It's troublesome to spend so much money just to have something dumb like this happen I've had this unit for months and have had no issues until this I highly doubt it's virus related- just doesn't seem to be the case and I've scanned for them numerous times now with no avail No matter how many times I restart or shut down it remains the same- the orange light never goes out Honestly it's like the speakers themselves are just out to get me My audio is a typical IDT HD Audio Codec I have no clue what my soundcard is it's whatever came standard with my unit All-an-all any help would be beneficial Oh and before anyone starts with this yes I have tried clicking on the volume control icon and toggling mute It doesn't work -Brandon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-caused-my-speakers-to-no-longer-work-help-418821.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows 7 OS was automatically updated on 9 July 2014. (16 updates)
At the next reboot I powered up the PC, windows loaded normally and the updates installed.
On the next restart, I found that the system halted at the blue welcome screen.
Then after about 2 mins windows loaded normally.
This happened each time I rebooted.
I then restored the PC back to before the update.
When I powered down the updates were again automatically loaded.
When I rebooted, the PC halted at the blue screen but then windows loaded after 2 mins.
The updates were then installed.
I then rebooted and the start-up sequence was back to normal.
My question is how can a windows update have caused this start-up problem.

A:Windows 7 automatic update caused start-up problem

Further investigation has revealed that the problem had nothing to do with windows updates.
The problem seems to be a Belkin Powered USB Hub.
Removing all the devices connected via the hub but leaving the hub connected results in the start-up problem.
Removing the hub completely resulted in a normal start-up.
When the hub was replaced with a similar Belkin Powered USB Hub, started-up remains normal.
So, it appears the original hub was faulty and impacting on the start-up sequence.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/337560-windows-7-automatic-update-caused-start-up-problem.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have had my Dell for little over 8.1: when partition." or couldn't 10 to reinstall operating update Error reserved message system to to system trying update We the Windows a year and have had problems from the beginning nbsp I am years old and I am at my wits end A hard drive was replaced in the summer of but I have still had problems with the computer shutting down and my having to refresh it to factory setting I thought updating to Windows would solve some problems and I did this in October nbsp Everything was fine until a couple of months ago nbsp The end result was when I tried to refresh the computer to factory defaults it went back to or and I evidently lost something in the process Now I cannot update to Windows and when I tried to resinstall the Dell Operating System I get for both nbsp quot WE COULDN T UPDATE THE SYSTEM RESERVED PARTITION quot I DO HAVE A SYSTEM BACKUP ON CDS MADE WHEN I HAD WINDOWS nbsp Could I reinstall the system with these backupdisks nbsp How do I do that nbsp I also have a Dell Boot USP stick I have a recovery stick too but it semed that when I used this I received a message that not all files were recovered What should I do at this point nbsp

A:Error message when trying to update to Windows 10 or to reinstall operating system 8.1: We couldn't update the system reserved partition."

On MBR disk, Windows 10 requires a 500MB system reserved partition, while 100MB in Windows 7, so you can try to extend system reserved partition.
In disk management, you can only extend partition using the unallocated space next to its right side. so even if you shrink D: drive, the option to extend the efi partition is still grayed out. My suggestion is to use a third party software, AOMEI Partition Assistant, both the standard (free) or the Professional(paid) version can extend partition as long as there is unallocated space on that hard drive. to see more information read:
Fix "We Couldn?t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error
www.disk-partition.com/.../couldnt-update-system-reserved-partition-4348.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19678612
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I am helping someone who has a laptop with who informed me they were receiving a message to schedule the installation to Windows Windows Update Stopping 10 Get Stuck Caused of Windows and there was no choice to opt Stopping Windows 10 Caused Windows Update to Get Stuck out She accidentally went to Windows and I told her how to go back to Windows and that worked great but the GWX kept popping up and she had to schedule again I logged into her computer and uninstalled KB as well as removing the installation files Stopping Windows 10 Caused Windows Update to Get Stuck by using disk cleanup I could not find KB Before rebooting it said Windows is ready to install Upon reboot in Windows Update it says Windows has installed which it hasn't in the listing of updates but now Windows Update says Restart your PC to finish installing updates We did reboot again but the message will not go away When I choose Check Updates it says you'll need to restart your PC to finish installing previous updates I have the Windows Update setting to check but don't download but I want them to be able to install future patches Any ideas to do a reset Microsoft has a fixit program which I will be trying tomorrow I know I can also rename the Software Distribution folder but this person is very busy with critical work and when I log in I would like to have all possibilities so if one doesn't work I can have something else to try Thank you All my best Kathy

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74668-stopping-windows-10-caused-windows-update-get-stuck.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a lenovo z51-70 (first and last lenovo i will buy) And until a windows update on thursday 5/12/16 my card reader worked fine and did not cycle detection. But now when i have a card in it every 10 or so minutes the sound for the ejection and connection of the card will occur. I thought i fixed it by reloading the readers drivers but it continues to do so...

Is my sd card dying? Or did win 10 f-up and destroy my card reader...

to be clear when it happens the sd card does not disappear it remains and did not interrupt transfers...

A:Recent windows 10 update caused issues with sd card reader.

Lunas said:

I have a lenovo z51-70 (first and last lenovo i will buy) And until a windows update on thursday 5/12/16 my card reader worked fine and did not cycle detection. But now when i have a card in it every 10 or so minutes the sound for the ejection and connection of the card will occur. I thought i fixed it by reloading the readers drivers but it continues to do so...

Is my sd card dying? Or did win 10 f-up and destroy my card reader...

to be clear when it happens the sd card does not disappear it remains and did not interrupt transfers...Click to expand...

Can you roll back to before the update? That would confirm if it's the update itself or the reader.

https://hardforum.com/threads/recent-windows-10-update-caused-issues-with-sd-card-reader.1899562/
Relevancy 54.61%

Greetings Windows Home Premium automatically updated last night and now when the computer gets to the Loading Windows animation it freezes after about second then I get a BSOD with a STOP x b cFFFFF A xffffffffc x x error - I have Windows partitions on a single hard drive - partition has Windows Home Premium as well but does not have the update haven't used that partition in months - the non-updated nd partition boots up fine rules out hardware issue So far I tried Windows' auto startup repair both from the partition and from a recovery disk with no luck Safe mode gives the same error Any clues on how to undo the Update Infinite loop caused - on BSOD Windows Update boot via Advanced Startup Repair the automatic repair isn't working and there are no restore points found so I'd likely have to do it manually via CMD I've tried Chkdsk f r already and it showed bad sectors but displayed failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status Bottom Line Any clue how to fix the startup without reinstalling formatting I'm guessing I'd Windows Update caused BSOD - Infinite loop on boot need to remove the failed patch somehow Dism exe via Command in the Advanced Repair environment but I don't know how to Computer Specs ASUS Bamboo edition laptop U F Windows Home Premium SP Intel i RAM gb DDR Graphics Windows Update caused BSOD - Infinite loop on boot Intel HD Shared

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543800/windows-update-caused-bsod-infinite-loop-on-boot/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Update Slowness Last Windows Caused Disabled and Extreme Wireless automatic Windows updates set on my Dell Laptop I was using it fine and had no problems and then left for a couple of hours When I returned a windows update had been installed and the computer had rebooted It now takes - minutes to activate launch anything after a click if it works at all Booting up takes at least minutes and involves many blank screens before the desktop shows and then the icons finally show up The wireless internet no longer works it won't even show the neighbors networks I can Last Windows Update Caused Extreme Slowness and Disabled Wireless connect via Ethernet to my router Troubleshooting errors out System restore errors out I can access my files but it would take forever to copy anything in its current state I was able to launch it in safe Last Windows Update Caused Extreme Slowness and Disabled Wireless mode w networking but it was no better I have Norton and nothing was detected I ran other virus checking software like MalwareBytes and it only found a few tracking cookies I've run the update checker and it can't find anything to fix or it errors I've run Disk Cleanup and it made no difference The hard-drive is only fragmented What else can I try

A:Last Windows Update Caused Extreme Slowness and Disabled Wireless

Uninstall Norton antivirus while you work on this issue.

Install Microsoft Security Essentials for now.

You can put Norton back on later - if you must.

Uninstall each of the latest round of updates and see if that helps things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378940-last-windows-update-caused-extreme-slowness-disabled-wireless.html
Relevancy 54.61%

After an automatic update to my HP pavilion laptop computer, all of my word files are now saved in Word 2007 instead of Word 2010. I used the restore point and the problem disappeared. As soon as the update (identified as a critical update) occurred, the problem resumed. The update seems to have wiped out my Word 2010 program.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

After performing a fresh install along with the basic drivers to get me going everything went fine. however after windows connected to the internet and downloaded and installed the so called important updates the system restarted just before windows logon screen it was applying the usual changes got to about 32% of 5 of 5 updates then bsod on me. the only way i could get back into system was to boot into safe-mode then let it revert/roll back. iv not changed the hardware and in all the times ive done this before iv never had this happen before. due to disability i rely on pc for everything please advise.

many thanks

nw

A:BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe after clean install/windows update.

Hello, nwalker78 and welcome to the Forums. I will try to help you if I can. You had 3 dump files and all 3 were the same.

Code:
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff80002ec6b5f}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!WfpExpireEntryLru+17 )
Followup: MachineOwner
The NETIO is the Windows controller for the network I/O system. SYMNETS is your Symantec/ Norton NIS/ N360 Network Security driver. It appears that your Norton product is causing issues with the Network system and causing it to crash. Notice that the Norton driver is their Network Security Driver. Norton/Symantec has been a well known cause of BSODs for some time.

I would remove Norton and use their removal tool (https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/...rProfile_en_us) and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials (Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows) to see if that will resolve your problem. Try that and let me know how it works for you. If you get any more crashes, please upload another DM Log.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368019-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-after-clean-install-windows-update.html
Relevancy 54.61%

After spending an inordinate amount of time getting my old applications to work with Win and giving up for some I finally had a system that seemed to be working Then File Explorer started to freeze I saw that I had not installed the recent updates So I programs - update caused Windows problems general crashing did this Now a whole bunch of programs are Windows update caused general problems - programs crashing simply crashing on me First it was Symantec Framework then the AMD catalyst Now whenever I try to reply to or forward an email using Live Essentials I get the same basic message - Windows Live Mail has stopped working I also cannot open the Photo Gallery it seems to respond but nothing Windows update caused general problems - programs crashing happens and it is not there on Task Manager Overall this new computer which I bought with Win loaded on it is essentially useless I am thinking of getting Win put on it but would like to have a shot at fixing I guess I cannot do a Refresh because I don't have the Win installation disk Ideas will be appreciated I should say that I have nothing much Windows update caused general problems - programs crashing installed Live Essentials OpenOffice which I use consistently and a few small things that I use rarely

A:Windows update caused general problems - programs crashing

If it came from the store with Windows 8 installed you don't need a disc.

It should have a recovery drive.

You can Refresh in Settings :

Post back with results.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/26724-windows-update-caused-general-problems-programs-crashing.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi UK user Dell XPS core i GB GB NTFS HDD Windows Home Premium System restore 0x80070057 corrupt crash won't Win update. BSOD after aswrvrt.sys Avast AV free Problem arose when Windows updated last BSOD crash 0x80070057 corrupt aswrvrt.sys after Win update. System won't restore week - caused Avast and Dell Quickset to stop working System would not allow Avast to be fully uninstalled possibly some malware involved too I used Avast removal tool and tried BSOD crash 0x80070057 corrupt aswrvrt.sys after Win update. System won't restore to restart After this System won't boot normally or in safe mode - BSOD with x error Have tried System restore last good configuration chkdsk r and Startup repair - all fail Avast support have also tried various things inc FRST I have a USB with Windows on and can use this to get to command prompt but all repairs restores fail Startup repair diagnostic details Boot critical file c windows system drivers aswrvrt sys is corrupt Repair action file repair Result Failed Error code x BSOD states Technical information - STOP x B xFFFFF A E XFFFFFFFFC X X Does anyone have any suggestions as to other things I can try without losing the data on the drive The drive has a recovery partition - not sure if this is an issue Thanks in advance Andy

A:BSOD crash 0x80070057 corrupt aswrvrt.sys after Win update. System won't restore

More details of the problem:
BSOD Technical information - STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A97E8, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

startup repair diagnostic details: Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswrvrt.sys is corrupt. Repair action: file repair. Result: Failed. Error code 0x2

Startup repair problem details:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature01: 6.1.7600.16385
PS02: 6.1.7600.16385
PS03: unknown
PS04: 21200285
PS05: Autofailover
PS06: 3
PS07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541977/bsod-crash-0x80070057-corrupt-aswrvrtsys-after-win-update-system-wont-restore/
Relevancy 54.61%

I had a virus that completely took over my computer. After a great effort, I was finally able to get the computer to start up in safe mode. At this point, I uninstalled everything I could, moved every infected file to the vault and after all of this did nothing to solve the viral problem, I elected to do a system restore back to factory settings. However, after the restoration process was complete, the computer did its restart as usual, but after it said setup is starting services, I get the message "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation." If I click "ok", it restarts the same message just continues to come up. I am really hoping that one of you guys out there will have The Answer for me, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much,
Paige

A:System Restoration caused Windows to be uninstalled

You may need to optimize your drive for new installation:

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/118659-system-restoration-caused-windows-uninstalled.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently installed Vista Service Pack 1 and when it was done, a check disk started. It gets stuck and will not complete, the file causing an error is
0xc00000e9. I cannot get my computer past the boot up screen, once it gets stuck at the checkdisk, I have to manually shut down. It will not start in safe mode nor will it do System Recovery? I do not want to lose my files, help please....

A:Windows Vista-SP 1 caused system not to boot

"the file causing an error is 0xc00000e9"

This is an error-code, not a file. Try starting Windows in safe mode, then uninstall SP1 whilst in that mode

To get into Windows safe mode:

Keep tapping F8 as soon as you turn on the PC, until the "Advanced Startup Options" appears.

Using the up/down arrow keys, highlight Safe Mode and press <Enter>.
The desktop will look strange and all the icons will be larger, but that is normal for safe mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-sp-1-caused-system-not-to-boot-577919.html
Relevancy 54.18%

When I opened the local connection properties or saved the settings explorer exe crashed I found the fault module is netcfgx dll how to fix it Thanks in advance Below is the application log info Log Name C Users Admin AppData Local Temp notesC A C applicationProgram evt Source Application Error Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error caused explorer.exe 【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll crash Keywords Classic User N A Computer PC Description Faulting application name explorer exe version time stamp xnetcfgx dll Faulting module name version time stamp x C F E C C F E E E E E E E C C E E E F D A Exception code x Fault offset x Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x Faulting application path Faulting module path Report 【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll caused explorer.exe crash Id Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event 【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll caused explorer.exe crash quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt C Users Admin AppData Local Temp notesC A C applicationProgram evt lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt explorer exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt netcfgx dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt C F E C C F E E E E E E E C C E E E F D A lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll caused explorer.exe crash

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please run the SFC /SCANNOW command 3 separate times if any corrupted/missing files are found, with a reboot inbetween each scan.

Please note you may need to use/create a Windows 7 Installation DVD to replace the corrupted files or to perform a Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259872-explorer-crash-netcfgx-dll-caused-explorer-exe-crash.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Auto security update seems to have created error code C0000142 and saying unable to access (?) as well as volume on computer no longer works - now what folks?  Many thanks as always.

A:windows 7 home 64 bit dell PC update failed caused error code

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586384/windows-7-home-64-bit-dell-pc-update-failed-caused-error-code/
Relevancy 54.18%

The issue is mono sound from the rear panel audio output The front panel headphone audio amp HDMI audio is OK stereo OEM integrated sound stereo only on this model no surround sound nbsp Easy to test this with speaker configuration test in plackback devices configure speaker setup or from the DTS update output caused by Rear Audio Panel mono Windows control panel Tone at left speaker delay tone at right speaker is normal nbsp Issue is running speaker configuration tone is heard from both left and right speakers at the same time when each tone should be from only one speaker at a time Volume is also quieter than normal configuration test nbsp New out of the box it worked After days Windows Home completed the Rear Panel Audio output mono caused by Windows update update to the new build After the update I was familiarizing myself with the audio settings and noticed the issue nbsp I uninstalled the OEM audio driver and re-installed the version on the HP driver support site same version Shortly after that a newer audio driver was available from HP Support assistant I installed the latest audio driver The issue persisted nbsp June th I contacted HP phone support and after some discussion eventually a supervisor zeroed some regisitry values that had values of rather than and that fixed it nbsp The registry values were in the area of HKEY Local Machine gt Software gt SRS Labs gt APO gt and then within the next lines of registry He modified about or values to zero rebooted and the issue was fixed nbsp On June th there was a Windows cumulative update KB and another KB The first attempt at the KB install failed but on the second attempt it was sucessful nbsp I immediately tried the speaker configuration test after the Windows update and the issue with mono output from just the rear audio output returned Seems to be caused by Windows but the only Windows support for OEM Windows software is the desktop manufacturer so I phoned HP again on June th nbsp Since this may be an ongoing issue I was planning on archiving the registry changes this time so I could modify the registry values myself if this issue was chronic The HP rep didn't acknowledge my asking him to slowly make the registry changes so that I could write them down He quickly zeroed only or values and then had me check the results The issue was not fixed this time He stated that he changed all of the registry values required I told him the other rep had changed more values and had me restart the PC before checking if the issue was fixed Tried the restart no luck nbsp He then suggested uninstalling and re-installing the audio driver I told him that I had previously done that twice without it fixing the issue nbsp Then he suggested a system restore to an earlier date or a system recovery Now those two options would probably fix the issue but I would be right back in the same boat after the same Windows updates that would be in line to be installed nbsp So the issue remains unresolved nbsp I would be interested in knowing the registry values that the first HP rep zeroed so I could check the values myself

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Rear-Panel-Audio-output-mono-caused-by-Windows-update/td-p/5662737
Relevancy 54.18%

So lately I ve come into a whole field of problems with my PC and oddly enough they seemed to have come after I decided to create a guest login for my system After experiencing the problems I tools leads Update to spyware Google.com & system removal Microsoft crash deleted the guest login and returned to only having an administrative login for the computer yet the problems still persist I am getting numerous popups from adserving fastclick harrenmedia and the like whenever I visit sites My Microsoft Windows update lead me to Google com even when I go directly to microsoft com and follow their link AVG scan yields that I am infected with Winhound an Adware and as it continues to scan it seems to encounter problems and I am met with the Stop error blue screen of death forcing me to reboot my system this leads me to believe there is something that detects AVG scanning it and forces the system to shut down Malwarebyte s scanner installs just fine but refuses to even open up when I double click on it I have reinstalled it twice from both reliable sources Active scan online claims I am not infected today YAY I am getting window pop ups claiming SVChost error quot The instruction at quot x eb quot referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot read quot I get the most of these whenever I try to open up yahoo messenger Like most SVChost errors I now have no sound coming from the speakers I think the above sums up the headaches if anyone could shine some light I d greatly appreciate it I have followed directions of related articles on the SVChost errors but they don t seem Microsoft Update leads to Google.com & spyware removal tools crash system to fix it and the issue where the microsoft update leads to google com doesn t seem to have any Microsoft Update leads to Google.com & spyware removal tools crash system related solutions Microsoft Update leads to Google.com & spyware removal tools crash system that work for me Here is the copy of my Hijack this Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C WINDOWS system ltmsg exe C Program Files Linksys Linksys EasyLink Advisor Linksys EasyLink Advisor exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS MMKeybd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS Nhksrv exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Netropa OSD exe C Program Files Linksys Linksys Updater bin LinksysUpdater exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system java exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Flock flock flock exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Mi... Read more

A:Microsoft Update leads to Google.com & spyware removal tools crash system

Welcome to TSG

Sorry for the delay

There is a little trick to get malwarebytes to run, i need you to reply so i know your here. You have a rootkit blocking Malwarebytes from running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-update-leads-to-google-com-spyware-removal-tools-crash-system.810889/
Relevancy 54.18%

Beta testers of Windows 7 report that recently released security updates pushed through the Windows Update mechanism cause blue screens of death (BSOD) at startup, with a failure on kl1.sys. It appears that, in some cases, this problem may be caused by a conflict with the Kaspersky Antivirus package.

Fix BSOD problems caused by latest Windows 7 updates ? {HACKS} Daily

A:Fix Windows 7 BSOD caused by Windows 7 update

Quote: Originally Posted by addict

Beta testers of Windows 7 report that recently released security updates pushed through the Windows Update mechanism cause blue screens of death (BSOD) at startup, with a failure on kl1.sys. It appears that, in some cases, this problem may be caused by a conflict with the Kaspersky Antivirus package.

Fix BSOD problems caused by latest Windows 7 updates ? {HACKS} Daily

One could always argue the fault is with Kaspersky and the blame lays with them, not Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/7272-fix-windows-7-bsod-caused-windows-7-update.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Dell with almost nothing loaded on it Had auto updates on I KNOW I KNOW sigh and the critical updates that installed quot hacker security patches quot caused my puter to do a System Restore upon the re-boot My free avg scans were FAR too clean I mean ZERO problems I knew that was suspicious as like most of us I have the ADTP cant remember exact acronym tracker cookie from caused Windows me Updates Critcal Feb Restore System 7 a Windows ALWAYS show up and that went away Constant problems for days Google Chrome is browser I checked EVERYTHING finally I tried to create new user account suspicious Sure enough the name quot Scammer Hacker F ck quot was already in use Ha I uninstalled free AVG and tried PC Dr They found low threats and tracking malware problems but wanted me to enter cc info online What before fixing Sooo installed the free TRIAL of full AVG and all seems FINE but found nothing I need some serious help and guidance pleaaaassse Thank you SO Windows 7 Feb Critcal Updates caused me a System Restore much Barby

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379158/windows-7-feb-critcal-updates-caused-me-a-system-restore/
Relevancy 53.75%

Recently removed a tdss v3 from windows 7 using tdss removal tool from kaspersky. System wont boot now it loops. Did all the bootrec commands and no luck.

A:Windows 7 tdss removal caused unbootable system

Hello crespino,Welcome to Bleeping Computer.Did all the bootrec commands and no luck.Some of those commands are not recommended, specially if you don't have a Windows DVD or a boot CD. Hope you can still get to the command prompt.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand Prompt[*]Select Command Prompt[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.[*]The tool will start to run.[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.[*]Press Scan button.[*]It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440871/windows-7-tdss-removal-caused-unbootable-system/
Relevancy 53.32%

SP2 caused crash

A friend installed the SP2 patch for Windows XP and when it rebooted it only goes to the splash screen.

He can get a menu by using F8 as follows:
safe mode
safe mode with the network
safe mode command prompt
enable boot logging
enable VGA mode
last known good configuration
director services restore mode (Windows domain controller only)
debugging mode
disable automatic restart on systems failures

Using safe mode only gets back to the splash screen.
Last known good configuration doesn't do anything.

Can he use his Windows XP CD to repair problems or install over itself?

Can he use someone else's restore backup disk, he doesn't have one of his own?

What say you?

Relevancy 53.32%

SP2 caused crash

A friend installed the SP2 patch for Windows XP and when it rebooted it only goes to the splash screen.

He can get a menu by using F8 as follows:
safe mode
safe mode with the network
safe mode command prompt
enable boot logging
enable VGA mode
last known good configuration
director services restore mode (Windows domain controller only)
debugging mode
disable automatic restart on systems failures

Using safe mode only gets back to the splash screen.
Last known good configuration doesn't do anything.

Can he use his Windows XP CD to repair problems or install over itself?

Can he use someone else's restore backup disk, he doesn't have one of his own?

What say you?

A:SP2 caused crash

Does he hava an AMD64 cpu and a real magic dvd decoder card if so there is a known issue (constant reboot - crash)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sp2-caused-crash.15148/
Relevancy 53.32%

Was finally able to upgrade ACER 7600U to windows 10.  Immediately afterward Windows 10 upgraded the video driver.  Unfortunately after reboot the system has failed to go back into windows.  If I run the diagnostics it no longer has any backup to  the system.  and it is stuck in previous build.  How do I uninstall the windows 10 and revert back to windows 8, so my computer will work again?

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/ACER-7600U-windows-10-video-updated-caused-system-fail/td-p/445470
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all So I upgraded to from and I faced this issue where - Windows 8.1 system high-ish by when idle processes caused usage CPU various I have the same exact programs opened that I had back on windows but now they are generating alot more CPU usage I can't find any solution to this other than installing That fixes it On win with the same exact enviroment same programs opened same page on google chrome opened same exact everything I get - cpu usage which is great On win however with again everything the same I get - cpu usage And it's all caused by windows' processes and stuff Can't really shut them down because things won't work then I kinda like win so I don't wanna go back to but Windows 8.1 - high-ish CPU usage when idle caused by various system processes since my performance is crippled I might have to Any suggestions are much appreciated I've tried some things that I found on the internet but nothing seems to fix it A friend of mine has the same mobo and cpu as me but when I did a test and created the same exact enviroment as on my pc the usage doesn't go above when idle I dunno what to do at this point Here's some screenshots of my task manager http i imgur com K le cX jpg http i imgur com x qxCaw jpg http i imgur com FfV ZBH jpg On this last one you can notice that there's a misterious difference between the user cpu usage and the overall idk what causes that I tried doing clean install and have absolutely nothing installed and it still stays at around

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/010e47bf-667d-4343-a161-653b31b93994/windows-81-highish-cpu-usage-when-idle-caused-by-various-system-processes?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 53.32%

Was finally able to upgrade ACER 7600U to windows 10.  Immediately afterward Windows 10 upgraded the video driver.  Unfortunately after reboot the system has failed to go back into windows.  If I run the diagnostics it no longer has any backup to  the system.  and it is stuck in previous build.  How do I uninstall the windows 10 and revert back to windows 8, so my computer will work again?

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/ACER-7600U-windows-10-video-updated-caused-system-fail/td-p/445470/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.32%

My homebuilt machine has been working great for about two months now. In the past week I've noticed that after a certain amount of HD thrashing the system will suddenly restart without warning.

I've found that I can reliably force it to do this by starting a backup using Windows Backup and Restore. Beyond that I have no idea what is happening. Here's what I've done:

1) WhoCrashedMe notes (correctly) that the system is configured to write small dump files. However, these files are not being created.
2) Memtest86 finds nothing of concern.
3) sfc from the command prompt also finds nothing of concern.

I've attached the Seven Forums zip file. Please help, I'm quite clueless at this point.

A:System Restart - possibly caused by Windows Backup and Restore?

How about doing a HD test
Test Hard Drive HD Diagnostic or this test Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/143183-system-restart-possibly-caused-windows-backup-restore.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi ,

My Laptop is under crashing lot often..due to ntkrnlpa.exe file..while restarting it says DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Attached is list of last two dump files it created,Can you please help me on same.

Tks
Robin Saini

A:crash caused due to ntkrnlpa.exe

My debugger doesn't have the correct symbols to debug that.

I suggest using Driver Easy to update all of your drivers.

You may also want to run a system files check. Open an elevated command prompt and enter sfc /scannow..

If the problem persists, consider doing a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/75109-crash-caused-due-ntkrnlpa-exe.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When I restarted my computer it booted just showing the desktop background no icons or menu bar or anything else and the mouse on OS crash still to caused PC? Malware that pointer I rebooted several times to no avail I restarted in safe mode and booted up the computer with the Malware that caused OS to crash still on PC? system disk to restore the OS I was able to do this and get my Malware that caused OS to crash still on PC? computer running again I had Norton AV on the PC prior to this presumed infection I subsequently downloaded Hitman Pro and Spybot and ran sweeps afterwards to try to remove any Malware that caused OS to crash still on PC? additional viruses Since then I've noticed my computer has been running slower as if something is soaking up CPU and am suspicious that there may still be some remnant viruses hidden somewhere I was not able to run the GMER scan without it jamming I did disable all AV software prior so I ran it with only the Sections and C drive sections highlighted per instructs I do have access to system boot CD please help Thanks Cooper DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Cooper at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c tt guardian guardianctrl exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files DellAutomatedPCTuneUp PTAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner exe c tt guardian guardian exe C tt ttm ttmd exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Cooper My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en us hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us-smb amp ibd uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel us-smb uDefault Page URL partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en us hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us-smb amp ibd uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel us-smb mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel us-smb mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b... Read more

A:Malware that caused OS to crash still on PC?

Hello Cooper and welcome,

It sounds as though Norton had detected your explorer.exe as being patched, (flagged by Norton as Mystic aka Bamital.C infection) and deleted it instead of cleaning it which is what left you with no desktop.

I'd like to see a scan with another rootkit scanner and see if it reveals anything for us. Please download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your desktop.

Close all open programs and browsers, including Norton 360, then double-click RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan
Check Drivers, Stealth Code, Files, and Code Hooks
Uncheck the rest, then click OK
When prompted to Select Disks for Scan, make sure C:\ is checked and click OK
Wait till the scanner has finished then go File > Save Report
Save the report somewhere you can find it. Click Close
Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in your next reply.

Note** you may get the following warning. Please click OK to continue:

"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

===========================

Also, what did HitManPro and Spybot S&D remove?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/malware-that-caused-os-to-crash-still-on-pc-508525.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I had an other topic here from a month ago:
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Npfs.SYS

I think my recent BSOD crash may be caused by avira as well.

It happened when I let my pc run on sleep mode for the night. It turns on each 30 min to do a scheduled quick backup but funny enough it crashed when I was just about to logon at 10:20 AM.

I do find it odd that avira is responsible for the BOSD you would think such a reputable program wouldn't be responsible for that. Maybe its in conflict with an other program?

Anyways here are my files:

A:Had an other crash and I suspect it is caused by Avira

The upload is empty. 22 bytes is the folder header only.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376222-had-other-crash-i-suspect-caused-avira.html
Relevancy 52.46%

A couple of days ago I encountered a virus that supposedly crashed my hard drive and RAM then tried to download a system tools program to quot fix quot itself I do not have any information on the virus itself except that it blocked out all direct links to system tools and useful programs like Ccleaner I was able to get to system restore and restored to a recent date then ran a full virus scan with Avast as well as wiped the unused portion of the drive The crash caused memory Virus and HD known things that no longer work are AMD catalyst center Virus caused HD and memory crash which closes on start up saying there s a host problem Steam games cannot save saying that they are having an issue finding or reading the hard drive folders such as my Addon folder in WoW lost several items that the folder was treating as hidden folders I would re-download the files and the folder would eat it but this was corrected by simply deleting the folder and making a new one also all of my pictures and other media were deleted not worried about getting them back Since then I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the microsoft net framework since some of the issues pointed to files being missing from it I do not have specifics sorry but that did not work A friend advised me to try using Hijackthis to create a log of what is running and that people here could help with that information The log runs partially then comes up with an error stating that my system denied write access to the Hosts file then says that if the hijacked files are in there I will have to edit them manually then gives the path to the Host file Anyways as instructed by your forum s prep guide Attached is the DDS attach file and below is the other DDS file DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Colo at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe C Program Files x Gigabyte EasySaver ESSVR EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWOW XSrvSetup exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LVMVFM LVPrS H exe C Program Files x Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Users Colo Desktop ReducetheLag reducethelag v service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Common Files Steam SteamService exe C Program Files x Razer Naga RazerNagaSysTray exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users Colo Desktop Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Fi... Read more

A:Virus caused HD and memory crash

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===I suggest you remove HijackThis using the Add/Remove Program list.This tool is not compatible with the 64 bit Operating system.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers, and all other programs working. Make sure you save your file if working on a document.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please post the log and let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429312/virus-caused-hd-and-memory-crash/
Relevancy 52.46%

Running Windows 7 professional 64bit. Updates downloaded caused computer to crash 3 times today. System repair stuggled to repair system. Had to try restore and run in safe mode few times now up and running, buttrouble shooter on everything does not work keeps coming up as error.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB982381)

Installation date: ‎11/‎06/‎2010 12:56

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80242016

Update type: Important

And the other:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Security Update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB979916)

Installation date: ‎11/‎06/‎2010 09:28

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 8024200D

Update type: Important

At the moment I have hidden the updates to stop them automatically downloading. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Mookey

A:updates caused computer crash!!!!!!!

Hi and welcome to TSF have a look in the event viewer to try to get more info on the failed update problem,also try running sfc /scannow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/updates-caused-computer-crash-489351.html
Relevancy 52.46%

ok i will try to be as detailed as possible I have a Dell XPS with a intel core duo at ghz and gb i recently added extra gigs i only had before of ram a HD of gb if i remember right running windows vista ultimate -bit the extra gigs where added a few weeks back and everything was fin until now I use Diskeeper for my defragmenter and i wanted to run a boot-time defrag since i could see allot of files that it could not do when windows was running So when i turned on the boot time defrag on my c drive i figured quot well i might as well run chkdisk at the [SOLVED] to crash Chkdisk pc caused same time quot so i turned that on as well I then went back to work and when i got home over hrs after the chkdisk was stuck at [SOLVED] Chkdisk caused pc to crash stage checking indexes i left it theire for another few minutes and turned the power off Turned it back on and it still wanted to do a chkdisk so i let it go but again same thing happend so i powered off and back [SOLVED] Chkdisk caused pc to crash on and this time a skipped the chkdisk that was worst Windows started to load but then the system just rebooted on it's own now this happens everytime i try to start windows It [SOLVED] Chkdisk caused pc to crash will get to the little progress bar thing that moves from left to right it will got left to right once then the system reboots I tired LKGC and i tired in safe mode all to the same result Can anyone suggest anything else I hope you can make sense of this post

A:[SOLVED] Chkdisk caused pc to crash

try a system restore to an earlier date

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-chkdisk-caused-pc-to-crash-214743.html
Relevancy 52.46%

We have a recurring issue with a system BSOD that is showing KMW SYS sys Kensington caused BSOD by crash KMW_SYS.sys? Mouseworks as the cause We rebuilt the system several times installed the updated version of Mouseworks and it keeps coming back We're wondering if it's possible the mouse is BSOD crash caused by KMW_SYS.sys? showing up as the cause because it's the last process shown but is not the primary cause Could someone analyze the mini-dumps attached and see if we're missing something Thank you Bugcheck Analysis BAD POOL CALLER c The current thread is making a bad pool request Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation etc Arguments Arg Attempt to free pool which was already BSOD crash caused by KMW_SYS.sys? freed Arg cd reserved Arg Memory contents of the pool block Arg a Address of the block of pool being deallocated Debugging Details ------------------ POOL ADDRESS a FREED POOL TAG Ddk BUGCHECK STR xc Ddk CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME kmw run exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b to f f STACK TEXT b b abc b c cd nt KeBugCheckEx x b b b b c b f a b b b nt ExFreePoolWithTag x a b b b c b c a b b a a nt ExFreePool xf WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong b b b b cf ab d a aa c KMW SYS x c b b bb b a aac fcd aac KMW SYS x cf b b bd b aac f aac a b ca a e KMW SYS x a b b c b ad f f fcb KMW SYS x b b c f accc fcb KMW SYS x ad b b d c nt IopXxxControlFile x c b b d c c nt NtDeviceIoControlFile x a b b d c e c nt KiFastCallEntry xfc f x c e STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP KMW SYS c b c SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME KMW SYS c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME KMW SYS IMAGE NAME KMW SYS sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP c de FAILURE BUCKET ID xc Ddk KMW SYS c BUCKET ID xc Ddk KMW SYS c Followup MachineOwner ---------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-crash-caused-by-kmw_sys-sys-451730.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I was using Norton 360, but it failed to remove, or even recognize the highly annoying browser hijackers Conduit and Mystart web browser. In a desperate attempt to remove them on my own, I ran Spyhunter's 'free" virus scan, but it counteracted with Norton, and caused my computer to freeze. I contacted Norton, but they blamed it on my computer's hardware, and wanted several hundred dollars to fix it. Spyhunter wouldn't even address the issue, because I am not a paying customer. I found directions on the web about how to remove a program in safe mode, and Spyhunter disappeared for about a week. I've done this several times, and it keeps reappearing like a bad rash. Now my computer says "no language file found." Please help!!!

A:Spyhunter caused my computer to crash!

Download Minitoolbox - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/
Set ticks everywhere and click GO button.After scan is done a log will appear.Save and attach it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526381/spyhunter-caused-my-computer-to-crash/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have browsed this website for a solution for my explorer crash but hadn't found anyhing that works My explorer crashes after explorerframe.exe crash caused by Explorer I try to browse my user folders like Downloads etc and my explorer crashes of the time It's getting Explorer crash caused by explorerframe.exe really annoying because I cannot put my schoolwork into my documents and my photos to the pictures folder Quote Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x Explorer crash caused by explorerframe.exe a Explorer crash caused by explorerframe.exe Faulting module name EXPLORERFRAME dll version time stamp x a bdf Exception code xc d Fault offset x Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ca b b b Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path C Windows system EXPLORERFRAME dll Report Id d - - df-b b- d d I have tried Method Perform a clean boot Note If the computer is connected to a network network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps It is strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to modify the advanced boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this Doing this may make the computer unusable Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights Click Start type quot msconfig quot in the Start Search box or Run command and then press enter to start the System Configuration Utility If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation type your password or click continue On the General tab click Selective Startup and then click to clear the Load startup items check box The Use Original Boot ini check box is unavailable On the Services tab click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box and then click Disable all Note Following this step lets Microsoft services continue to run These services include Networking Plug and Play Event Logging Error Reporting and other services If you disable these services you may permanently delete all restore points Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points Click ok and then click restart Method Click start and type quot regedit quot on search bar on RUN command Navigate to following key HKLM Software Microsoft SQMClient Windows DisabledSessions Now delete all string key except default inside quot Disabled Sessions quot Method Click start and type quot gpedit msc quot search bar or on run command Now navigate to Computer Configuration - gt Administrative Templates - gt System - gt Internet Communication Management and then click Internet Communication settings Locate quot Turn off Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program quot double click or right click to edit Click on quot Enable quot Apply and ok now close gpedit windows Method Disable Windows Error Reporting Run Cmd as Admin reg add quot HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Windows Error Reporting quot v CorporateWERServer t REG SZ d quot NoServer quot Method download installed run ShellExView Disable -- gt CmdLineContextMenu Class SecuROM context menu SONY ADAC Austria Method copy explorer exe from Windows folder and COPY not cut to Windows System folder If you are having problems copying cause explorer keeps crashing use organize button to copy and paste

A:Explorer crash caused by explorerframe.exe

Take good hard look at what software you have installed. We are running Windows 7 RTM in a corp environment. It is company policy that all machines are encrypted with Utimaco Safeguard Easy. The version of Safeguard we are running causes Explorer to crash everytime we "Safely Remove" USB thumb drives. Make sure everything you have installed is fully compatible with W7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/57513-explorer-crash-caused-explorerframe-exe.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok I'm new to this whole forum thing and if this has already been posted I apologize but I could not find it So here it is Thursday night i noticed my PC acting a Problems crash?) (caused Log in Vista by little slow all of the sudden I blue screen and my PC Vista Log in Problems (caused by crash?) reboots When the log in screen came up it was a very low resolution and it said quot other user quot I tried to log in with my normal account but it says something like it could not be accessed or can not be found at this time I also tried to just log in with other user and still nothing I've tried system restore at different earlier times and start up repair several times I've been searching for an answer but nothing quite like my problem is out there Again if there is I apologize but I'm not as PC savvy as some but I would definitely like to learn Please help me resolve my situation

A:Vista Log in Problems (caused by crash?)

Welcome
The hints that you have given are resolution
check graphics driver in the device manager. Get there from seach
Little slow check memory
If these are negative post your dump file.
Download and test RAM with Memtest 86. Test each RAM stick separately, for 6 passes. Then with a known good stick test each RAM slot.
Memtest86
If you post your dumpfile the earliest that I can read it is later this week. I will ask others to help before that, however
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/285922-vista-log-problems-caused-crash.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I had no problem removing Virtumonde Trojans but when i used malwarebytes to try to remove Compter Caused Trojan.bho, Crash this Trojan BHO my computer failed to start windows upon restart I had to use a windows start-up disk to repair But it just booted me back up to an older configuration with all viruses I removed the three normal ones but i have yet to try and remove the BHO again for fear of computer crash Any suggestions Also the highjackthis only gave me Trojan.bho, Caused Compter Crash the main log no extra Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Steve on - - Computer is in Normal Trojan.bho, Caused Compter Crash Mode --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Percentage of Memory in Use more than Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows Vista Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Common Files logishrd LVCOMSER Trojan.bho, Caused Compter Crash LVComSer exeC Windows System taskeng exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Windows System dwm exeC Windows explorer exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Windows System wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files HP Connections Program HP Connections exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files McAfee MSC mcuimgr exeC Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows System SearchFilterHost exeC Users Steve Desktop dss exeC Windows System dllhost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO no name - B CD- B - FB-B C -EA E E - no file O - BHO no name - A C -DE - F- CB - D D E - no file O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC... Read more

A:Trojan.bho, Caused Compter Crash

Hello and welcome to BCWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. We aim to provide the valuable service known to come from BC to every member we can, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay. Please see here for instructionshow to install HijackThis and make a logfile. Save it into convenient location and include it to your next reply, please.NextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.Please post back with HijackThis log and Kaspersky report.Regards

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162563/trojanbho-caused-compter-crash/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi! Recently, my husband was browsing and a window popped up saying he needed to download Active X to view the page properly. OK I have had the "discussion" about his compulsive clicking disorder and usually he x's out but he has a new computer with Windows Vista and things look a little diferent to him and he confused Active X with DivX I think and clicked OK. So the computer clicked and shut off. Now it starts up, shows the Gateway screen and starts to load and goes right to Startup Repair and then says Windows could not fix this problem click finish to shutdown. I have tried everything, system restore, start in safe mode and nothing will work, it just keeps shutting down. I have no clue what to do as I cannot even get it to load to get to my handy dandy virus scanner lol. Any ideas? Please and thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394987/active-x-download-caused-crash/
Relevancy 52.46%

A couple of weeks ago I lost everything right after I installed SP I had to perform a non-destructive system recovery CRASH caused Incompatilibity HP Pavillion/XP now THERE s an oxymoron and HP Pavillion/XP Incompatilibity caused CRASH start from scratch Fortunately I was able to install my hard drive into another computer and recover everything I needed Now two weeks later I am experiencing all of these niggly little problems which have started to drive me batty Here s the problem s Every time I start the computer the screen resolution automatically changes itself It changes from what I ve got it set to which is True color x to High color x every single time I boot up Also even though Auto-Complete is enabled and the prompt box comes up to remember passwords etc Windows NEVER remembers them anymore I run a couple of businesses on separate domains and have to check different email boxes throughout the day I now have to type in every email address and password EVERY single time I need to check email It also no longer remembers user names and passwords on frequently visited sites that I access or more times a day A little box used to drop down after the first keystrokes that I could click on and that is long gone I have checked and rechecked all settings everywhere and am totally confounded Can anyone tell me what may have caused this or how I can fix it Thanks so much for your time I appreciate it This is a real problem RED

A:HP Pavillion/XP Incompatilibity caused CRASH

I can't offer any suggestions, but maybe thisBUMPto the top, will bring it to the attention of someone who can.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/8805/hp-pavillionxp-incompatilibity-caused-crash/
Relevancy 52.03%

every time I boot up my computer, a pop up window pops up display this message "Iexplore has caused an error in MLANG.DLL" disable me to get to my desk top. As soon as I close that pop up window, a similiar one pop up again. I have try to download the new version of IE 5.5 and it's still not help at all. Please help me if anyone knows how to resolve this matter. A lot of thanks.

A:{Moved to Operating System Forum} - IExplore error caused by MLANG.DLL on windows Me

Greetings

This is in the wrong forum. I am going to move it to the Operating System forum.

Good Luck

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-to-operating-system-forum-iexplore-error-caused-by-mlang-dll-on-windows-me.30011/
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear all,

I recently installed Norton Sys Works Free Edition on my XP sp2 HP laptop. It asked for a resart and thats what i did. However, when i restarted it, it did not boot to windows, just stopped at a blank screen with a cursor flashing in the upper left hand corner. Please tell me wat to do, i dont wanna format the disk coz i dont wanna lose my 1++ gig of photos, music etc. if i type some 8 odd characters, the comp gives me a beep every time i type after that.

much appreciated,
revolver006

Relevancy 51.6%

I was infected with Antivirus 2009 and caused my computer to crash. My husband didnt make a recovery disk and I was wondering if there was some type of software I can purchase to recover my computer and get it back to normal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177328/antivirus-2009-caused-computer-to-crash/
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay this is a long story and filled with instances where I could have prevented the entire issue I ve learned from my mistakes and will take much better care of my pc from now on Now that I ve stated that here it is On January I woke up to this Anti-virus virus Believing what it had said that my computer is infected with all of this malware Crash Major Antivirus caused 2012 by Win 7 and junk I went on to proceed to the next step to clean up my laptop Seeing that I had to pay I went on my mobile Major Crash caused by Win 7 Antivirus 2012 browser and through that discovered that I m in something deep being a noob and all On this one site they gave the serial number to bypass the anti-virus which I believe was one of the hugest mistakes I ve made At the time I knew nothing about doing a system restore and thought that doing so would Major Crash caused by Win 7 Antivirus 2012 make me lose all of my files I completely regret not doing the system restore Major Crash caused by Win 7 Antivirus 2012 Anyways after that I downloaded just about any and every recommended anti-virus malware software I could such as AVG Malwarebytes the one recommended by Microsoft Clamwin R-Kill and a couple others I used them all in and out of safe mode and it still did not get rid of anything I tried Malwarebytes multiple times but it never got rid of anything completely Frustrated I downloaded PC Tools and Avast which blocked the couple Trojans I had from executing With PC Tools it would usually pop up to remove low risk malware crap and I always removed it with no problem Avast would occasionally pop up about times a day stating that quot A threat has been detected quot The last time my laptop was able to start up I was just done editing all of my work and then PC Tools pops up with the notice saying to remove the four trojans that have been infecting my computer When I clicked to remove the trojans the alerts from Avast went freaking haywire and kept saying it s infamous line quot A threat has been detected quot about times After that I restarted and my laptop will no longer boot It only boots into a Startup Repair loop I can t even boot into safe mode When in Startup Repair it states that my problem can t be fixed automatically and then takes me into Cyberlink Recovery Manager I tried doing a system restore but it says there s no restore points which is a bunch of crap because I had my system set up to periodically set up restore points Startup Repair gives me this error list Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailOver Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause OS Version Locale ID I also just bought an external hard drive TB and tried backing up my important files through the Recovery Manager but I get this error Currently not enough space available on system partition for temporary storage during data compression You must free up space on system partition to continue Basically what I m asking is how can I possibly back up my very important files when I can t even boot up at all I don t have any of the Windows discs since my laptop came preinstalled with Windows and I have Geek Squad set up my laptop I would do a live CD USB drive but I think it s way out of my technological league to even do so Am I screwed Should I just do a clean install and admit defeat Also since I have none of the Windows discs how can I even reinstall Windows Home Premium The product key on the sticker on the bottom of my laptop is so worn out I can only make out a few of the numbers I know that none of this would be a problem if I could just boot into safe mode Also I only know some of the specs of my laptop HP G - Windows Home Premium bit I also had approx gb left on the C drive Is there any possibility of me saving my important files nbsp

A:Major Crash caused by Win 7 Antivirus 2012

As one option:

You can purchase an "external USB enclosure," remove the drive from the computer, place the drive inside of the enclosure, and connect it to a functioning PC via USB to backup your data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-crash-caused-by-win-7-antivirus-2012.1040339/
Relevancy 51.6%

My girlfriend was surfing the web and somehow downloaded some spyware called Spyware Sheriff I m sure most everyone Sheriff Computer To Spyware My Caused Crash. is familiar with Spyware Sheriff I ve noticed quite a few posts on this site with tips on how to remove it I found a guide on how to remove Spyware Sheriff Caused My Computer To Crash. it The guide is here http www bleepingcomputer com forums ind entry I downloaded the software that the guide suggested and I went to restart my computer in safe mode so I could run the software When my computer restarted it would not load windows It loads the Windows title screen and after that it just loads a blank screen It Spyware Sheriff Caused My Computer To Crash. does this every time I Spyware Sheriff Caused My Computer To Crash. can press F when it boots From there I can select to start in safe mode safe mode w networking debugging mode etc No matter what I select from this screen windows will not load The computer freezes up and stops responding before it gets to the desktop I do not have the system restore or windows discs for this computer Is there anything I can try to fix this without having to reformat I also have a bunch of files and software on the computer that I just can t afford to lose What can I do Any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated The specs for my computer are as follows HP a n running Windows XP Pro p processor mb ramThanks again

A:Spyware Sheriff Caused My Computer To Crash.

Welcome to BC! Try running the software in real mode then and see if you can make any progress.I also have a bunch of files and software on the computer that I just can't afford to lose.I just want to speak to getting the data off of the hard drive. You could always remove the hard drive and install it in another computer as a 'slave' drive. The working computer should still boot up from the 'good' Master hard drive, and then you will be able to navigate (Start > My Computer) to the slave drive and recover your data. More info on how to install a second drive can be found HERE.But of course, if you need help with this or any other procedure you can just ask for help here and we can explain it in more detail or refer to somewhere on the web where it will be explained more fully.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51773/spyware-sheriff-caused-my-computer-to-crash/
Relevancy 51.6%

I don t know if this belongs here but it seemed it did Anyways and go caused Quicktime my to computer haywire? crash I was here before when my last computer was going through it s dieing phase and died because a certain Name Brand Antivirus couldn t do jack to Quicktime caused my computer to crash and go haywire? find over viruses on my computer which lead me here which lead to hours of work and no cure which lead to me sending my outdated computer to were it belonged Since then weeks I ve bought a new HP better one too but besides the point I installed Quicktime in the beginning and never actually use its true player but decided to try it with a file of a short video from sequentialpictures com I m sure the site doesn t matter though Anyway whenever it played and I go into another program the thing froze causing me to restart the movie then when a modification to a game I own I m being specific because with a two week old computer having a crash in weeks theres no time for vagueness my computer goes to blue screen tells me my computer has crashed and on restart turn off all firewalls and antiviruses thinking I m some sort of idiot Anyways I tried restarting and it failed went into safe-mode deleted quicktime along with some other movies that will be deeply missed and now it works fine Has anybody else had this problem nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello Please Help My computer keeps by BlueScreen crash/reboot caused dxgkrnl.sys Driver crashing after BlueScreen crash/reboot caused by Driver dxgkrnl.sys I get a bluescreen error message My PC Processor Intel Core i CPU GHz GHz Ram GB OS Windows -bit Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD X this PC was custom-built by a company When I log in with Safe Mode after the bluescreen error and reboot I get this message Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF B BCP FFFFF C C BCP FFFFF C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem K Windows Minidump - - dmp K Users Panagis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline K Windows system en-US erofflps txt I uninstalled my Graphics Card Drivers from Device Manager - Display and rebooted into normal mode and let Windows find and install the drivers for me My PC then worked normally after rebooting without crashing instantly after log in like it was doing before But after a little while it started crashing again I don't know what else to do Here is the Crash History in my Minidump analytically Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa e e Parameter fffff d f c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path K Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa c e Parameter fffff e c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path K Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa ccd e Parameter fffff b c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path K Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa e e Parameter fffff d c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path K Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa bf d Parameter fffff ef c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path K Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa e b e Parameter fffff e c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path K Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter ff... Read more

A:BlueScreen crash/reboot caused by Driver dxgkrnl.sys

Hi and welcome to TSF I have moved you to Bsod's, App Crashes and Hangs for firhter help.
I expect the issue is more related to your video card than the driver but lets see what a Bsod guru can find please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bluescreen-crash-reboot-caused-by-driver-dxgkrnl-sys-628863.html
Relevancy 51.17%

This was on a Win PC but I think it would also apply to Win systems My son brought over his friend's quot sick quot PC last night It is a homebuilt water cooled AMD Phenom hard that failure drive caused crash to Interesting Win II x based system with GB of DDR RAM nVidia GTX video card Corsair watt power supply and a NZXT case DVD burners and SATA hard drives GB boot Windows GB data TB data built on a GigaByte GA- GA-UD H Rev motherboard The system would boot into Windows then randomly crash with a screen that was colored with lines all over it no BSOD's Sometimes the PC would crash when loading Windows and sometimes it would run for a few minutes and then crash I went into the BIOS and set it to quot fail safe default quot since I diidn't Interesting hard drive failure that caused Win to crash know if Interesting hard drive failure that caused Win to crash what the builder did with overclocking etc and started basic troubleshooting As I was about to hook up a know good WD Raptor hard drive from my bench to run diagnostics on the system we saw that the SATA data connector on the Seagate TB hard drive had broken off and the cable was just barely connected to the hard drive The plastic part of the SATA data connector was still in the cable and the bare data pins were showing at the rear of the hard drive This was a data drive not the boot drive BTW I powered it down removed the damaged hard drive and then powered the PC back up and all was fine no crashes or anything I hooked the hard drive to an external SATA hard drive caddy and played with it until I got my PC to see the drive NOT EASY and copied GB of data mostly games off the damaged Seagate hard drive I had not seen a case when the failing hard drive caused this type of problem in Windows and I wanted to share thus experience with your folks in case you're ever in a similar situation

A:Interesting hard drive failure that caused Win to crash

Thank you for the info Art. You never know when something like this might come in handy.

BTW how long did it take to transfer 900 Gbs of data? Man, I've never tried to do anything like before.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/18690-interesting-hard-drive-failure-caused-win-crash.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello Although I have been a member over years but I haven't posted yet in this forum I am using Windows Vista Ultimate bit SP I did a format few days ago and re-installed my OS and installed all patches I have ESET Smart Security as my security program supported by Kingsoft PC Doctor and Ad Muncher Everything was fine and from this morning I couldn't turn on my PC on normal mode because it crashes everytime I could get in there through Safe Mode or through Diagnostic Startup I disabled ESET service and startup and tried but with no fix I collected five dump files and also observed them using Nirsoft BlueScreenView Blue screen of death STOP error information in dump files I by Vista Ultimate x64 [SOLVED] on caused fltmgr.sys Crash saw that it was caused by fltmgr sys I have attached the dump files and the screenshots Dump Files and Screenies zip P S I have Windows Home Basic bit SP in another boot from where I am writing at the moment

A:[SOLVED] Crash caused by fltmgr.sys on Vista Ultimate x64

I formatted my OS...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-crash-caused-by-fltmgr-sys-on-vista-ultimate-x64-616467.html