Windows Support Forum

CPU +100% Usage at 132% Freq. is halting Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) any suggestions

Q: CPU +100% Usage at 132% Freq. is halting Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) any suggestions

I have running TDA-ThinkorSwim Investing software which experiences periodic performance issues, which reeves the fan or Hard disk then locks up all performance until the TOS performance issue is acknowledged. TOS uses an internal 7.0 Java. typical
CPU usage is 30-45% but I have seen CPU surging usage as high as 119% with frequency at 132%. Processing seems to halt, graphics halt or are severely retarded at best. Using Speedfan software Seeing CPU temps. peak at 85C or 185F.

On this higher end and equipped 64 Bit HP Envy Laptop, with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) Machine containing an Intel HD Graphics 4600 card.

any suggestions on how to choke off these problems?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bedaad97-135b-4a63-8cd3-c7fd1d1c2c86/cpu-100-usage-at-132-freq-is-halting-intelr-coretm-i74700mq-cpu-240ghz-2401-mhz-4?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CPU +100% Usage at 132% Freq. is halting Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) any suggestions

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 93.31%

I am looking to build my own PC as I can't afford £1,000+ to get someone to make one for me, I will be using it for gaming and communication and a little college work, I will probably be using Bullguard to protect it and OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office with a Win 7 64bit OS.

Bearing this in mind what would be the best Processor for the Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor and what would be the maximum Memory and Storage I could attach to it? ( I preferably want 8GB of Memory and 1tb of storage ) but I can be flexible.

A:What would be the best motherboard for a Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor?

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-motherboard-for-a-intel-core-i5-3-4-ghz-quad-core-bx80637i53570k-processor.195497/
Relevancy 91.45%

Hello I've made processor problem dual core intel t7500 performance/usage a clean install of Windows Ultimate a few days ago and intel t7500 dual core processor performance/usage problem I started to encounter the following problem after - minutes It usually happens when I'm running a computer game any game I experience a sudden fps drop even though before that on maximum quality the game was running perfectly becomes unenjoyable quit the game The CPU meter gadget shows and even after I close everything browser windows explorer the best I get at idle is - and if I try to open anything at all it becomes stuck at again So I open task manager and go processes put them in a descending order of processor usage and see that they nowhere near add up to even though at the bottom the task manager says CPU usage is at Phyiscal memory is usually around - no problems with that If I go to Performance tab and click on resource monitor I experience the same thing the actual usage is nowhere near I can't see any processes that would explain for the performance drop in fact the highest demanding process is the resource monitor itself The problem presists until I restart the computer shutting down takes much longer now I've been trying to find a solution online for two whole days now it's very frustrating It's a HP Compaq w laptop with Windows Ultimate x Build Intel Core Duo T GHZ Hewlett-Packard C Intel PM Cresline-PM ICH M-E GB memory nVidia Quadro FX M HP Intel HB ICH - High Definition Audio B I've tried several suggestions Disabling HDAC in intel t7500 dual core processor performance/usage problem Device Manager High Definition Audio Controller Disabling Audio Enhancements in Sound gt Speaker Properties Installing the very newest drivers including chipset drivers Running programs in XP compatibility mode Disabling the gadgets I've no reason to think I've been infected by malicious software I can't find any suspicious processes running Anything else I could try This is driving me absolutely mad

A:intel t7500 dual core processor performance/usage problem

first of welcome to the forum.

I suspect a rogue program, but as youve updated drivers youve already covered what you can do. it could be a known compatibility issue with your hardware and a specific driver, but i cannot comment for sure as theres alot of hardware combinations.

however, heres the bad news, i recently had a laptop to repair that had the exact same problem, and i couldnt fix it for the life of me, no matter what i tried, the problem even occurred in safe mode (try this if you haven't already) and i eventually after much shouting and swearing, put the problem down to a dying CPU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/215018-intel-t7500-dual-core-processor-performance-usage-problem.html
Relevancy 91.45%

Hello I ve made a clean install of Windows Ultimate a few days ago and I started to encounter the following problem after - minutes It usually happens when I m running a computer game any game I experience a sudden fps drop even though before that on dual t7500 problem performance/usage core processor intel maximum quality the game was running intel t7500 dual core processor performance/usage problem perfectly becomes unenjoyable quit the game The CPU meter gadget shows and even after I close everything browser windows explorer the best I get at idle is - and if I try to open anything at all it becomes stuck at again So I open task manager and go processes put them in a descending order of processor usage and see that they nowhere near add up to even though at the bottom the task manager says CPU usage is at Phyiscal memory is usually around - no problems with that If I go to Performance tab and click on resource monitor I experience the same thing the actual usage is nowhere near I can t see any processes that would explain for the performance drop in fact the highest demanding process is the resource monitor itself The problem presists until I restart the computer shutting down takes much longer now I ve been trying to find a solution online for two whole days now it s very frustrating It s a HP Compaq w laptop with Windows Ultimate x Build Intel Core Duo T GHZ Hewlett-Packard C Intel PM Cresline-PM ICH M-E GB memory nVidia Quadro FX M HP Intel HB ICH - High Definition Audio B I ve tried several suggestions Disabling HDAC in Device Manager High Definition Audio Controller Disabling Audio Enhancements in Sound gt Speaker Properties Installing the very newest drivers including chipset drivers Running programs in XP compatibility mode Disabling the gadgets I ve no reason to think I ve been infected by malicious software I can t find any suspicious processes running Anything else I could try This is driving me absolutely mad nbsp

Relevancy 91.45%

Hello I've made a clean install of Windows Ultimate a few days ago and I started to encounter the dual problem intel t7500 processor performance/usage core following problem after - minutes It usually happens when I'm running a intel t7500 dual core processor performance/usage problem computer game any game I experience a sudden fps drop even though before that on maximum quality the game was running perfectly becomes unenjoyable quit the game The CPU meter gadget shows and even after I close everything browser windows explorer the best I get at idle is - and if I try to open anything at all it becomes stuck at again So I open task manager and go processes put them in a descending order of processor usage and see that they nowhere near intel t7500 dual core processor performance/usage problem add up to even though at the bottom the task manager says CPU usage is at Phyiscal memory is usually around - no problems with that If I go to Performance tab and click on resource monitor I experience the same thing the actual usage is nowhere near I can't see any processes that would explain for the performance drop in fact the highest demanding process is the resource monitor itself The problem presists until I restart the computer shutting down takes much longer now I've been trying to find a solution online for two whole days now it's very frustrating It's a HP Compaq w laptop with Windows Ultimate x Build Intel Core Duo T GHZ Hewlett-Packard C Intel PM Cresline-PM ICH M-E GB memory nVidia Quadro FX M HP Intel HB ICH - High Definition Audio B I've tried several suggestions Disabling HDAC in Device Manager High Definition Audio Controller Disabling Audio Enhancements in Sound gt Speaker Properties Installing the very newest drivers including chipset drivers Running programs in XP compatibility mode Disabling the gadgets I've no reason to think I've been infected by malicious software I can't find any suspicious processes running Anything else I could try This is driving me absolutely mad

A:intel t7500 dual core processor performance/usage problem

Which anti virus program do you run? Do you have Windows defender enabled?

How many Watts is your PSU?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/intel-t7500-dual-core-processor-performance-usage-problem-631333.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi Dual i3-4005U A4-5000 AMD Core" Core "Quad Intel vs Core guys I've been looking at laptops they are basically identical but one has an Intel Core i - U mobile processor and GB of RAM and the other one has an AMD A - mobile processor and GB RAM The guy at the store and a couple other people I know told me that the Core i is better than the A as the AMD quot Quad Core quot processors aren't very good AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core so even though the Intel i is only dual core it will be better than the quad core AMD The other question is the RAM Is GB that much better than GB or will GB be fine for basic use That's all this laptop is for Basic use and touch apps since it will be touchscreen The AMD laptop is this one Buy the HP Pavilion Notebook - AMD A GB at TigerDirect ca And the Intel here Buy the HP TouchSmart Notebook PC - F W UA ABL at TigerDirect ca Last question what the hell is DDR L All the new laptops have it nowadays Is it backward compatible with normal DDR laptop RAM Meaning can I take a normal laptop DDR GB stick out of my dads laptop and put it into the GB i laptop if thats the one i'm gonna get Or does the DDR quot L quot part cause issues Thanks Edit Sorry i'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread If it isn't mods could you please move it Thanks

A:AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core

Hmm, I guess you should read some reviews. But just from the specs the AMD has 6 GB ram instead of 4. Has a DVD burner where the Intel shows no optical drive. It only has W8 8.0 where the Intel has 8.1. But some people may prefer 8.0.

Read reviews. See how each performs. If you don't wish to use it to burn DVD then the optical drive, or lack thereof may not matter to you.

Edit: Oh, and the AMD is about $80 cheaper.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/43107-amd-a4-5000-quad-core-vs-intel-core-i3-4005u-dual-core.html
Relevancy 109.22%

I am wondering if you buy an intel processor and say ur motherboard crashes will the intel i5 be compatible with newer motherboards?

A:Intel core 2nd gen i5 processor

That's a very broad question.

The i5 will be compatible with SOME newer motherboards and not with others.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219876-intel-core-2nd-gen-i5-processor.html
Relevancy 109.22%

http eyugoslavia com featured intel-six-core-processor-available-with-alternate- processor 6 core intel This is the info from the Alternate sales page Alternate is a similar company as Newegg in the US Der Intel Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition ist Intel 's erste Sechskern-CPU f r den Desktop-Bereich Die CPU mit quot Gulftown quot -Kern 6 core intel processor basiert auf der nm-Westmere-Architektur und ist ein nativer Hexa-Core sechs Kerne auf einem Die mit HyperThreading so das bis zu zw lf Threads gleichzeitig verarbeitet werden k nnen Der Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition ist mit ppigen MB L -Cache ausgestattet unterst tzt Turbo Boost bis GHz und verf gt ber einen freien Multiplikator Der integrierte Triple-Channel Speichercontroller unterst tzt DDR -Module bis MHz Details ausblenden Bezeichnung Intel Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition Modellbezeichnung BX I X Taktfrequenz x MHz Level Cache x KB Level Cache x KB Level Cache KB Befehlss tze MMX SSE SSE SSE SSE SSE Enhanced Speedstep EIST Intel XD-Bit TXT Intel VT Smart Cache Turbo Boost HyperThreading Bustakt MT s Speicher-Controller Speicherstandards DDR - DDR - Speicherkan le ECC-Speicher wird unterst tzt Nein Registered-Speicher wird unterst tzt Nein Fully Buffered wird ben tigt Nein Prozessorkern Gulftown nm max Leistungsaufnahme Watt Core Spannung Volt - Volt Bauform FC-LGA Sockel L fter Befestigung f r ATX-Mainboards Anschluss PWM-L fteranschluss Besonderheiten mit aktivem CPU-K hler Weitere Infos Alle Core -i -Prozessoren verwenden statt dem herk mmlichen Frontside Bus FSB eine serielle Punkt-zu-Punkt-Verbindung mit der Bezeichnung QuickPath Interconnect QPI Die QPI-Verbindung ist bidirektional und besteht aus zwei -Bit-Kan len von denen f r Daten nutzbar sind Mit einer bertragungsrate von GT s Gigatransfers pro Sekunde beim Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition erreicht die QPI Verbindung eine Datenrate von GBit s deutlich mehr als beim FSB der Core -Prozessoren

A:6 core intel processor

6 core 3.6 gig! Nutty!

Hehe er, how much? The curren't EE is about $995 US, that would make this one what $1500 US?

Or wil there be another round of price reductions, makeing the current EE about 500 and this'll take the 995 place?

[Edit] I actually looked at the link and yup, $1500 :P [/edit]

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/67627-6-core-intel-processor.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi, I am looking to buy the dell m1530 2.40 ghz/3mb cache...t8300
or the dell studio 15 2.40ghz/3mb cache...p8600.

What i would like to know is if the t6600 2.20ghz would be ok or do i need to spend the extra money to get the 2.4ghz? I will be surfing the net, doing email, music and pictures. I will not be doing gaming. I would like the laptop to be fast, I do not want to have to wait a long time between screens. I am replacing a dell desktop xps 410 2.40ghz just because i would rather have a notebook.

Thank you so much for your help.

A:Intel core 2 duo processor

t6600 is fine for what you plan on doing, the processor upgrade will not make it surf any faster, most delays in surfing/page loads are due to the browser you use, or your internet connection. I notice some days that pages load faster than others, nothing can be done about this if it is due to your ISP or other problems that happen on a constant basis on the world wide web.

If the processor upgrade is not much of a price hike, less than $60, I say go for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-core-2-duo-processor.808783/
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a new computer, and am unsure about the specifics of 533 and 667 RAM. I've selected the "Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU 2X1Mb; Dual Core EMT64T 2.13G 1066Mhz FSB; Conroe; LGA775" processor. The company builting the system has informed me that they can't get stock of the 667 DDR2 RAM. I was then told by a friend, that 1066Mhz FSB means that the CPU itself is optimised for 533 RAM, not 667.

Is this true for this processor? And, are there enough peroformance differences to justify waiting for 667 RAM to become available?

Thanks for your help!

A:533 or 667 RAM on a New Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Go here to find out what RAM you need:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmfgr.asp?cat=RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/533-or-667-ram-on-a-new-intel-core-2-duo-processor.496311/
Relevancy 109.22%

What is the best Intel Duo Core processor that I can get (Below £200 or $390)? I will be using this motherboard...

http://www.pyramid.com/Product.aspx?StockCode=672738&ref_Source=Kelkoo&ref_StockCode=672738&ref_Type=CPC

My computer is for gaming.

I don't know that much about processors.

Relevancy 108.36%

By the end of this year, four cores will have replaced dual-core systems on the very high-end of enthusiast systems. AMD will be offering its 4x4 platform that enables the use of two dual-core processor and Intel will be first to offer a quad-core processor: Code-named "Kentsfield,"

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/09/09/preview_kentsfield_processor/

Relevancy 108.36%

I am trying to Upgrade my Protege M750 with Intel? C?2 Duo processor T6670.
The Upgrade starts but after while I got message Processor not supported.
Any explanention why it is happened as even older processors are supported

A:Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6670

Perhaps 32-bit Windows 10 will run on it but not 64-bit?
Run coreinfo.exe from Microsoft sysinternals to see what features the processor has.
live.sysinternals.com - /

To run x86 Windows 10 you need NX, PAE, and SSE2
To run x64 Windows 10 you also need CMPXCHG16B and other 64-bit extensions

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/45368-intel-core-2-duo-processor-t6670.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hello,

I purchased lately a processor E8600 and in the package of it I found the chip of the processor which you have to install and no CD inside.
I know how to install the processor manually, my question here is, Is it required to install drivers for processors? I found no CD in the package so I was wondering, for example, when I had the Graphic Card I had to install drivers. What about the processor?

A:Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Processor

the system bios will automatically detect the cpu for you , if you fill in your system specs in the userCP we will be able to give you a more definative answer

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/75587-intel-core-2-duo-e8600-processor.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I have ordered a new Dell PC. I got an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. I know that it is probably real stupid that I didn't ask earlier, but what exactly is Intel Core 2 Duo Processor?

Relevancy 107.93%

I am buying a new rig tomorrow, just wanted to see what you thought about it.

I have a choice between a $269 used pentium dual core vs a brand new 299 AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Whats better and how faster is the AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620 vs my pentium III/600MHZ?

A:Pentium Dual core vs AMD Athlon Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Depends on what the specs are with the Intel dual core and what specs you're getting with the AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-vs-amd-athlon-single-core-processor-le-1620.126258/
Relevancy 107.5%

I'm planning on buying a Dell inspiron laptop. I am wondering what the difference is between Intel Core Solo and Intel Core Duo processors. Is it worth more money for the Duo when all I'll use the laptop for is Office applications and internet browsing?

A:difference is between Intel Core Solo and Intel Core Duo processors.

If you're using it mostly for applications and multitasking, then yes, the core duo would be a better choice. I would say shell out the extra money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-is-between-intel-core-solo-and-intel-core-duo-processors.494480/
Relevancy 107.07%

Can you guys help me, what should i buy?
my ram memory is 256mb ddr2 ...
Q:if i buy 2x 2gb ddr2 ram memory pair it will not burn my pc or destroyer?

my motherboard is MS-7507...
Q: can you guys give me a good advice what should i buy that belongs to my pc for gaming only

Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2520 Mhz

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
E5200 @ 2.50GHz
2.52 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

i don't have memory that why ^^,

please... advice what should i buy and i wanna buy a video card but i don't know what should i buy... i'm so newbie at computer ^^, wew.

A:My motherboard is M7 & Processor is Intel Dual Core 2

First, what is your budget?

Second, what games would you like to be able to play?

Third, what Operating System are you running: XP or Vista?

Without a doubt you need more memory. 256 is bare minimum to run XP.

* I looked up your motherboard and you can run upt to 4 gigs of memory but only do so if you are running a 64-bit Operating System. You can also run PCI-express video cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-motherboard-is-m7-processor-is-intel-dual-core-2.157357/
Relevancy 107.07%

I just bought a new CPU, the CPU fan is so loud..i'm looking to replace a new silent fan.

Any recommendation?

A:Silent processor fan for Intel Core i5-2500K

try this:
CoolerMaster X Dream i1117 CPU Cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/silent-processor-fan-for-intel-core-i5-2500k.170178/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hey, im looking into buying this to replace my Pentium D. I need to know what is needed for this to be compatable. Any other information will be added if you ask.

Thanks

A:Intel E7200-Core-Duo-Processor Compatibility?

It would depend on your chipset and you would probably need a BIOS update too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-e7200-core-duo-processor-compatibility.111045/
Relevancy 107.07%

I bought an Intel Core i - kit from hyderabad It has the following specs CPU Intel Core i - Motherboard intel DH BL media series Ram gb DDR Hard drives TB Seagate DVDRW LG basic dvdrw Last night intel i5 problems core video of processor I built the computer and this morning I hooked it up to my monitor keyboard mouse and network The monitor is using a DVI cable but supports both not sure if that matters Fire the computer up put in the Windows CD and install away No problems during the install Windows loads to the desktop but the video audio and network drivers are not installed So I pop in the CD and install the Intel INF Video Audio Ethernet and then reboot After the reboot Windows loads but gets to just before the quot Welcome quot screen and then the monitor indicates no signal So I reboot video problems of intel i5 core processor and go into Safe Mode I remove the drivers and download newer ones from intel's website After the reboot it comes up fine I install the newer driver and reboot And guess what video problems of intel i5 core processor the same thing happens I cannot win I cannot afford to buy a video card into the system I also went into the BIOS and told it to use onboard first I also increased the on-chip frame buffer size to mb MB for GTT Right now the computer is disconnected and waiting for help Please help Thanks please help me sreedhar

A:video problems of intel i5 core processor

I supose its your chipset > 67. Why not a z68 or a little nvideacard are not so expensive ( i'm living in Belgium so i don't now that you for example a 550 ti can buy ( look for a card with DDR 5, not 3 ( = asking for probs ) Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/228894-video-problems-intel-i5-core-processor.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi I have a L420 and wish to upgrade the cpu to Intel Core i7 processor i7-2630QM with quad-core. right now I just have an i5 core cpu. before i go out and purchase an upgrade, I wanted to ask people on this forum if its ok. on the L420 page here:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd015766 it has:ProcessorPremiere performance and ultraportability; two spindlesAvailable processors are: Intel Core i7 processor i7-2630QM with quad-coreDDR3 memory controller (up to 1333MHz), Intel Turbo Boost, Hyper-Threading technology; 6MB cacheso can i upgrade my cpu please anyone? thank you so much. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L420-CPU-upgrade-to-Intel-Core-i7-processor-i7-2630QM-with-quad/td-p/3333285
Relevancy 107.07%

For a new mainboard based on Z87 chipset I have to buy an Intel CPU.

So my considerations so far are:

I want to use later a full 4K monitor with 60Hz and with integrated iGPU Graphic.
On the other side I want to use a CPU with minimum Thermal DP Watt.

As far as I can see a core i5 4th generation CPUs with integrated HD 4600 graphic are suitable.

But which of the sub model versions should I take?

The variants with the smallest Thermal DP are the core i5 with the letter "T" at the end e.g.

4460T,4590T,4570T,4690T

Are there any heavy disadvantages when using these CPUs rather than other core i5 4th Gen. models?

Are they supported (with drivers) by Win 7

I am not a gamer.

Peter

A:Any disadvantages when buying an Intel core i5 ****T processor?

do some research here:

Intel Core i5 microprocessor family

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362702-any-disadvantages-when-buying-intel-core-i5-t-processor.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hey everyone I m looking to upgrade my processor since I m still running a pentium and I believe its my worst bottleneck I use my computer for casual gaming and I play my games at a resolution of with some filters I would like to know if a Pentium Dual Core clocked at multi since I can only choose FSB values of - in my bios core Help choice with Processor Dual Intel would be enough for my video card In the country I live in the Help with Intel Dual core Processor choice Pentium Dual core e is priced at while the better performing core duo e is priced at Since I m on a very tight budget I would like to know if the pentium Dual Core is more than enough for my current setup check my specs or If I really should go for the core duo for the extra performance Thanks for any replies P S At the moment I m able to play Bioshock with - frames per second would the processor upgrade improve my fps nbsp

A:Help with Intel Dual core Processor choice

The E2160 would be quite okay, and can be OCed quite nicely as well. The E4500 will be noticeably faster from the get-go though, so it solely rests upon whether or not you are willing to OC. Also, if you're looking to play very demanding games like Crysis and BioShock regularly, get the E4500 instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-intel-dual-core-processor-choice.100186/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hello.

I plan to build my own computer since the DELL gx280 have given hard time to me. The i5 process would like to be my system in this time. Here is the list what I estimate on ebay (mostly)

CPU: Intel Core 2 q9400 - $190 OR i5 - $200
CPU Fan: ???
M/B: Asus P5KPL-CM - $60 OR Intel DP55WB - $100
Ram: Kingston 4gb DDR2 800mhz - $60 OR DD3 -$70
Video: ATI Radeon 4850 - $124
HDD: Western Digital 500GB 32mb, 7200 rpm - $56
DVD-RW: LG DVD-RW - $31
CASE: standard ATX Tower with 500w power - $45

I have no idea about a CPU cooler. What I heard that the CPU cooler should be different ones depends on the M/B and case.
What kinds of cooler can I use for my system? Also how am I able to firgue that out?

Thanks.

A:Cooler for Core i5 processor with Intel board?

Fast Healthy Weight Loss

I plan to build my own computer since the DELL gx280 have given hard time to me.

burnfatlikeafurnace.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-for-core-i5-processor-with-intel-board.136168/
Relevancy 107.07%

I was just wondering if it is possible to upgrade the Intel Core i3 processor that is 1.50GHz to a higher GHz and if it is how hard is it to do? This computer runs ok but I would like it to run a little faster and I think by upgrading the processor will help. I'm already upgrading from 4GB of DDR3L to 8GB but not sure that will fully do the trick. Any help will be greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-up-grade-the-Intel-Core-i3-processor-in-the-HP-Split/td-p/5644256
Relevancy 107.07%

I want to buy it but i'm not sure if it's worth 180$.
I have acutally an Intel? Core™2 Duo Processor E6850 (4M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) i have it since 2009, so i'm going to sell it to a friend of mine for 100$.
Should i really change from core 2 duo to i5? i heard that there wasnt a big difference between the two.
Btw i'm really sorry if i'm in the wrong section. And thank you.

A:Is Intel® Core™ i5-650 Processor (4M Cache, 3.20 GHz) worth it?

Quote: Originally Posted by AceZero

I want to buy it but i'm not sure if it's worth 180$.
I have acutally an Intel? Core?2 Duo Processor E6850 (4M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) i have it since 2009, so i'm going to sell it to a friend of mine for 100$.
Should i really change from core 2 duo to i5? i heard that there wasnt a big difference between the two.
Btw i'm really sorry if i'm in the wrong section. And thank you.

If I read the spec correctly, the E6850 uses Socket 775. The I5-650, Socket 1156. You'd need to replace your motherboard to go from one to the other.

Socket 1156 is already obsolete. If you were getting a new motherboard, Socket 1155 is current. You could buy a new "Ivy Bridge" I5 for about $180.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/244634-intel-core-i5-650-processor-4m-cache-3-20-ghz-worth.html
Relevancy 106.64%

I have just about decided to go with the e but want to make sure one last time it is the right way to go These two CPU s are the same price According to most conroe X2 duo e6300 AMD 64 VS 4200+ ATHLON 2 AM2 D/CORE Intel core people the e left the in the dust in all tests I do however still like AMD What do you guys think The e Intel e6300 core 2 duo conroe VS AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ AM2 D/CORE or the Even though both are low core speeds Intel e6300 core 2 duo conroe VS AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ AM2 D/CORE and ghz respectively they still out perform a ghz pentium Is this correct I dont understand why a CPU with low core speed can outperform one with very high speed I was always under the impression that core speed was the main determinant of quot performance quot If anyone could clear this up it would be hugely appreciated Also for the same money I can buy a Intel Pentium D- CPU - Ghz MHz FSB x MB L Cache LGA Which of these is the best All help would be hugely appreciated Regards Korrupt nbsp

A:Intel e6300 core 2 duo conroe VS AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ AM2 D/CORE

Out of those 3, the E6300 is the best. Conroe's new architecture is so efficient, that easily outperforms Netburst based CPU“s (P4, PD, Celeron D), and even manages to outperform AMD CPU's.

You can see by yourself HERE. All Conroe CPU's perform excellent. And you can overclock them very easily, and that way, your 1.8GHZ Conroe overclocked to 2000-2400 MHZ will completely trash the other CPU's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-e6300-core-2-duo-conroe-vs-amd-athlon-64-x2-4200-am2-d-core.56593/
Relevancy 106.64%

I want to know if it's still safe to run my cpu under these tempreatures.

Currently my 2 cores tempreature are bettwen 55c-65c at 5% load. Room temp is about 36c.

Am I over the maximum core temp, will the cpu be damaged if i keep running my system and is this normal?

Relevancy 106.64%

I was just interested in knowing if my intel celeron D 335 2.80GHz processor is dual core or single core because on intel's website, I see that they make a dual and single core version but I can't determine which one mine is?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Intel Celeron D 335: Dual core or Single core

It's a single core.

There are dual core Celerons, but yours isn't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-celeron-d-335-dual-core-or-single-core.887587/
Relevancy 106.64%

I did a check today on my computer because its been running slower than I thought it would when I bought it. When I ran the test it said I have 1 core working, and that the processor is at 2.36 GHz, not the 2.66 it should be at. I don't know why only 1 of the cores is working, so I was hoping one of u tech guys out there might know... Can anyone help?

A:Solved: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 with only 1 working core

Sure!

Can you give specifics on your computer such as make and model # and your OS?
(if custom built; motherboard model and model#, operating system, memory amount, BIOS settings if applicable..etc)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-core-2-quad-q8400-with-only-1-working-core.947536/
Relevancy 106.64%

I'm looking at new laptops and would like to know what ppl think of the AMD Phenom II Quad Core Mobile Processor N930 VS the Intel Core I3 350M Processor.

Thanks for the input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-phenom-ii-quad-core-mobile-pro-vs-intel-core-i3-350m.933557/
Relevancy 106.21%

Okay, here is the scenario.
There are 2 laptops.
One has a 3.0GHz single core.
The other has a 1.5GHz dual core.
The thing I'm asking is: When you buy a laptop that says it's 2.66 GHz triple core, does that mean there are 3 processors each clocked at 2.66 GHz? Or does it mean that there are 3 processors and in total they add up to 2.66 GHz?
Also, is it better to have a 3.0 GHz single core or a 1.5 GHz dual core if you want to run games?
Thanks

Relevancy 106.21%

I have a Pentium D dual Core 820 2,8 GHz on my Dell E510. 1 GB RAM and Radeon XT 1600 Video card. It constantly freezes during game play(Planetside) Four sessions with Tech support have me nowhere. Can I replace processor with a fast single core on the same motherboard?

Relevancy 106.21%

Hi,

about 2 years ago I have upgraded my computer with a new motherboard, rams and a processor and since we moved in between I cannot find the boxes or bills from that time.

The problem:
I am 90 percent sure, that at the time I wanted a quad core processor and my computer properties say that I have Intel Core i5-3450.
I googled around and all retailers as well as Intel list this processor as quad, but I whenever I use aplications where cores are displayed (i.e. playclaw or some kind of benchmarking), it only ever shows core 0 and core 1.
When I go to task manager > processes > and go to select affinity on a random process, once again only 2 cores are aviable to choose from.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Because if I am not mistaken I have had my computer on a leash for 2 years...

A:Quad core processor acting as dual-core?

in windows 7 press the start key > type msconfig > click the boot tab > advanced options
in the top left there is a box that says number of processors. if it is checked you can uncheck it, or change the drop down box below it to 4.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quad-core-processor-acting-as-dual-core.1133436/
Relevancy 105.78%

Greetings, i recently bought Geforce gtx570, but i kept my old extreme dual core processor, but i get the feeling that its holding me back a little, so i intend to overclock it. Im still using the old stock heat sink and fan that came with it, but i intend to buy a better one for overclock.

Right now by default, it is running on 266Mhz FSB and 11x ratio, power frequency of 2926.00 Mhz and target 1602.02Mhz.
I have gigabyte P43T-ES3G motherboard with 4GB DDR3 memeory.

What overclock settings would you recomment?
Thank you.

Relevancy 105.78%

I am buying Intel Quad Core processor Qx6700. I want to know that should I buy Gigabyte Air cooler 3D Rocket2 insted of installing the cooler and heat sink came with the processor itself?

A:Cooler for Processor Intel Quad core Qx6700

The gigabyte would probably be the best choice!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-for-processor-intel-quad-core-qx6700.66010/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi I have a Dell Laptop with an Intel Core i - Y processor The processor should run at Ghz with turbo processor running Core i5-4210Y at 0.59Ghz Intel only up to GHz Intel Core i Y Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck net Tech For the last month I notice my computer incredible slow p YouTube videos won t play smooth in fullscreen for example Checking my CPU with different utilities I saw that no matter what I m doing it is always at Ghz only Even I tried cinebench and other intensive tasks and nothing That s why Intel Core i5-4210Y processor running only at 0.59Ghz is running so slow It checked online and I saw plenty of people with the same problem but no solutions What I know - It s not a hardware problem or a limitation of the chipset or BIOS because if I restart in safe mode the processor is running at Ghz as it supposed to - I tried ThrottleStop but it says that my processor speed is Ghz max and no throttle - I read people saying is due the Intel Dynamic Platform amp Thermal Framework In settings power limit and acoustic limit are both at and TDP level is correct I tried to uninstall and still at Intel Core i5-4210Y processor running only at 0.59Ghz Ghz and reinstall latest version and nothing I m quite sure formatting and reinstall windows might solve the problem but if possible I would like to avoid that Any ideas how could this be fixed Thanks

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129847-intel-core-i5-4210y-processor-running-only-0-59ghz.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Heyo, it's the MuffinMan, and I was wondering if I could overclock my Intel Pentium Quad Core (2.16 GHz) Processor. And if yes, by how much? I have never overclocked before and I was hoping to run a few more games. Thanks!

-TheMuffinMan

A:Can I overclock an Intel Pentium Quad Core Processor?

Try filing in your system specs in forum or post them, so we can get a better idea if you can what you have in system, if it is worth the try. Can be some risks involved in doing this. RAM plays a part and motherboard.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/61490-can-i-overclock-intel-pentium-quad-core-processor.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I am using an Intel Core 2 processor. With motherboard Gigabyte 945. I have xp pro version 2002 service pack 3, v.3244. I am also using Ubuntu 8.04 and I use grub boot loader.

My problem is when i want to shut down xp it shuts down and within 1 sec it starts again. I have tried starting in safe mode and "sc config intelppm start= disabled" writing this command in cmd but this didn't help.
My pc shut downs properly in Ubuntu 8.04.

A:Endless reboot problem in XP sp3 (intel Core 2 processor)

I have the same issue and what it seems is that MICROSUCK is not doing anything about a fix for this issue. I have to press the power button on my new system to force a shut down.
Rumor has it that there's already a class action against MICROSUCK for thier latest **** UP. God a hate windows!
From what I read around the web, we're better off doing a clean install and forget about SP3 until those dumbmothers get their **** together.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/endless-reboot-problem-in-xp-sp3-intel-core-2-processor-280921.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Since I couldn't get specs on the AMD Turion in terms of cache, etc. (the Intel one in the title is 2M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) I couldn't figure out which is the better processor.

Does anyone know? Is there also a website I can reference that can compare them?

A:AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-75 VS Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

both Intel and AMD have processor specifiction sheets on their websites, give them a try

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/72462-amd-turion-x2-dual-core-rm-75-vs-intel-core-2-duo-t6600.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Since I couldn't get specs on the AMD Turion in terms of cache, etc. (the Intel one in the title is 2M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) I couldn't figure out which is the better processor.

Does anyone know? Is there also a website I can reference that can compare them?

A:AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-75 VS Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

check this chart out: PassMark CPU Lookup

since i personally prefer amd, id go with amd.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273372-amd-turion-x2-dual-core-rm-75-vs-intel-core-2-duo-t6600.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Making the case for 6-core processors

PC Perspective - Intel Core i7-980X Gulftown Hexa-core Processor Review

The price will drop in short time, just like all of the rest of Intel's new processors!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275213-intel-core-i7-980x-gulftown-hexa-core.html
Relevancy 104.92%

When I render with C4D, is it normal for my cpu to go up to 100% usage? I'm worried cause my fan is kind of making noise that it doesnt usually do.

I HAVE THE G75VW-BBK5

A:Is it normal for Intel i7 core to be at a 100% usage while rendering

any1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/255191-normal-intel-i7-core-100-usage-while-rendering.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi all, recently my cpu died on my dell xps 1530 laptop. I had a t7250. Since im replacing i will upgrade. But i am not sure on which one. the price differnce isnt that much is it worth going higher.

Also there is on intels site there is multiple different versions for the t8300. Not much explanaition. whats the difference between SLAYQ and SLAYA versions. Thats the most 2 i see online.
[ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=33099

And the same thing with the T9300 versions SLAYY and SLAZB.
ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=33917

On ebay they are basing their sells on the SLA.. stuff mostly. Curious if they all work.

On the T950 doesnt really make sense on ebay they are mostly from china. Lookin for USA seller odd none out there.

Also can someone confirm this is correct
forum.notebookreview.com/dell/248835-m1530-processor-upgrade.html

I dont want to but something that wont work.

A:Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8300 T9300 or T9500 differences

Hi all, recently my cpu died on my dell xps 1530 laptop. I had a t7250. Since im replacing i will upgrade. But i am not sure on which one. the price differnce isnt that much is it worth going higher.Click to expand...

Wow! How did that happen?

Its quite a pain to replace the processor, if the warranty is up you might as well call it in.

I think you mean SLAPA and SLAYQ, with SLAYQ being a newer revision. Anyway just go with the newest one if possible. It won't make a groundbreaking difference.

I have no idea where you would get one of these processors, as i've never heard of a successful replacement, though i'm sure there probably are.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-2-duo-processor-t8300-t9300-or-t9500-differences.147734/
Relevancy 104.92%

Which of these processors is the best choice as a replacement processor for my HP Pavillion a6057c computer, any of which HP says can be used to replace the Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 processor in my computer? The recommended replacement processors HP recommends are: Core 2 Duo E6x00, Core 2 Duo E4x00, Pentium D 9x0 Dual Core, Pentium D 8xx Dual Core, Pentium 4 6x1 series, or the Celeron D 3xx series? This HP computer is fairly old and it may be better to just get a new computer with an excellent Intel processor. What do you think?

A:Is it worth replacing the Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 processor in my HP computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-worth-replacing-the-intel-core-2-duo-e4300-processor-in-my-hp-computer.1126142/
Relevancy 104.92%

One of my Intel Core Quad processor cores has a Than Has Others? Processor Quad One Cores Lower The Temperature A 2 my Core of Intel temperature consistently One of my Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Cores Has A Temperature Lower Than The Others? lower than the other cores WHY Hello I have a question I need to know One of my Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Cores Has A Temperature Lower Than The Others? the reason why one of my cores Core is running about - degrees below the temperatures of the other cores on my Intel Core Quad processor Restarting and rebooting seems not to help it One of my Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Cores Has A Temperature Lower Than The Others? is always the same core with the lower temperature Is there something wrong with that particular core or something overly defective with the processor itself It rarely ever fluctuates and stays at degrees Celsius The other core temperatures are around - degrees at rest idle and do frequently go up when an action is performed on the computer Please let me know what is going on with this consistent core temperature and please provide me with a reason why this is happening Is it something that is beginning to go with this processor Is there anything that can be done about it to get all four core temperatures in balance Thank you

A:One of my Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Cores Has A Temperature Lower Than The Others?

Is that a Q6xxx series or a Q9xxx series quad core?

The idle temps aren't particularly accurate as some of the sensors can become 'stuck'. As long as the temps move (and aren't too high) when under load, it's all okay.

On quads, it's not uncommon for an uneven temp to be reported across all the cores.

On my chip, my 2nd core always reported lower than the others and over time my 1,3 and 4th core sensors stopped moving at idle temps. Stuck sensors are more common with the Q9xx series.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259838-one-my-intel-core-2-quad-processor-cores-has-temperature-lower-than-others.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I am trying to figure out what processor is compatible with my motherboard in my HP Pavilion dv us notebook I've read the manual and looked on HP's PartSurfer PartSurfer listed a number of dual t2310 processor GHz... Upgrading intel pentium from 1.46 core them from GHz to GHz I purchased an intel duo processor Upgrading processor from intel pentium dual core t2310 1.46 GHz... GHz that did not work Now I'm trying to figure out if that processor wasn't compatible or if it is just faulty If it is not faulty or compatible I need to know what is compatiable so I can purchase it tonight and have it shipped by Wednesday because I am going through serious withdrawals without my computer Help me please I updated my computer from vista to windows Hp didn't have updates available for Windows on the support page for my laptop so I had to install the one they had for Vista Should I have updated my BIOS from a laptop's support page that had an update for Windows such as this one below Online support for HP's Home and Home Office Products HP Support amp sw lang here is mine Online support for HP's Home and Home Office Products HP Support ct I have a questions Do all the specs have to match on the processor For example will I have to buy a processor that only supports mb L if that's what the processor's cache is I know you're able to go above the bus speed If so this could be resolved right now Ha ha

A:Upgrading processor from intel pentium dual core t2310 1.46 GHz...

I would call them direct.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/268308-upgrading-processor-intel-pentium-dual-core-t2310-1-46-ghz.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi I m looking at these two netbooks Acer Aspire TimelineX T- U G nki - Core i GHz - U3600 380UM 1.33 GHz or Celeron® i3 Core / Intel® Intel Processor??? amp - GB Ram - GB HDD http www acerdirect co uk ACER Aspire Timeline T Laptop LX PTV version asp refsource Intel Core i3 380UM / 1.33 GHz or Intel® Celeron® U3600 Processor??? adfroogle Acer Aspire One inch HD Netbook Intel Celeron U GB GB HDD http www amazon co uk gp product B V XF ref noref ie UTF amp s computers amp psc The TimelineX appears to be a newer model but is it worth the extra I m basically looking for a netbook no bigger than for travel mostly to listen to music whilst surfing email word processing etc It will mostly be used for viewing adding RAW amp JPEG photos to HDD with a little bit of editing but not a deal breaker I also plan to watch the occassional film and maybe some possible video decoding What should I go for or is there anything similar out there Cheers nbsp

A:Intel Core i3 380UM / 1.33 GHz or IntelĀ® CeleronĀ® U3600 Processor???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-core-i3-380um-1-33-ghz-or-intel%C2%AE-celeron%C2%AE-u3600-processor.1010034/
Relevancy 104.92%

One of my Intel Core Quad processor cores has a temperature consistently lower than the other cores WHY Hello I Core A Has Lower Processor 2 my Quad Than Others? Temperature Cores of One The Intel have a question I need to know the reason why one of my cores Core is running about - degrees below the temperatures of the other cores One of my Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Cores Has A Temperature Lower Than The Others? on my Intel Core Quad processor Restarting and rebooting seems not to help it is always the same core with the lower temperature Is there something wrong with that particular core or something overly defective with the processor itself It rarely ever fluctuates and stays at degrees Celsius The other core temperatures are around - degrees at rest idle and do frequently go up when an action is performed on the computer Please let me know what is going on with this consistent core temperature and please provide me with a reason why this is happening Is it something that is beginning to go with this processor Is there anything that One of my Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Cores Has A Temperature Lower Than The Others? can be done about it to get all four core temperatures in balance Thank you nbsp

A:One of my Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Cores Has A Temperature Lower Than The Others?

Likely an insignificant problem. Something as simple as air flow within the case, or a variation of fan speed. I cannot see that it is anything to worry about, unless the higher temperature one is consistently over 64C.
I suppose you could interchange the two cores and see what changes result.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-of-my-intel-core-2-quad-processor-cores-has-a-temperature-lower-than-the-others.137765/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi all,

Is it possible at all to set a program to run on one core of a dual core processor?

If so...how?

Reason for info request: My DVB-T dongle is very jittery afetr upgrading processor from Athlon 64 3500+ to Athlon 64 x2 6000+ - worked flawlessly on 3500.

Surely there must be a way to resolve this?

Relevancy 104.49%

Firstly, in task manager, there is only one core recognised (one cpu graph). I have no option to select "one graph, multiple cpus".

Secondly, in device manager, there is only 1 core with no option to select 2 or box for detect HAL.

Lastly BIOS doesn't detect more then 1.

I have processor box unchecked and have uninstalled my CPU from device manager in hopes a restard would re-detect it. I have also updated my mobo & vid card drivers from the site and updated my bios to the latest.

I just bought COD: Black Ops for $60 and it requires a dual core processor to play it, anything else I can try short of re-installing windows?

A:Dual Core Processor detected as 1 core

just checking that you realise dual core will only show as single cpu?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/133169-dual-core-processor-detected-1-core.html
Relevancy 104.49%

First and foremost thanks go out to anyone and everyone who can help me with this.

I've recently installed 7, clean install, not an upgrade. I have an Amd Athlon X2 3800+ installed and I installed 7 as a 64bit OS as well. I had this problem before 7 and could never solve it. The core doesn't show up in task manager and I've tried installing drivers from AMD, which say they are the incorrect version for the windows 7 Operating system so i installed them in compatibility mode which didn't seem to solve anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the processor and frankly I just don't know what to do! In Pc Wizard 2009, It tells me the number of cores is 2, but then only one core is enabled.

If anyone has any help for me that would be fantastic. Thank you! If you need any additional information please let me know.

A:Dual Core Processor, only 1 core active

SHow us your processor from device manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/39740-dual-core-processor-only-1-core-active.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I'm having an issue with my CPU. It seems that it is only using one of its cores. This issue first became apparent to me when I was trying to run Blacklight Retribution. It popped up a warning message saying that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements of have at least a dual core. And indeed the game was unplayable, with single digit fps constantly.

However when i go to the performance tab of my task manager it shows 4 graphs, meaning that 4 cores must be running. Then I go the boot tab of my systems configuration, click on advanced options and underneath the "Number of Processors:" check box (which is unchecked), it shows 1 as the number of processors.

My processor is an Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz.

These seem to be conflicting and I'm not sure what to do. Please help me.

A:Quad core processor only running on one core.

This will answer it for you........
Processors - Limit Number Used by Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/238478-quad-core-processor-only-running-one-core.html
Relevancy 104.49%

16th May 2016.Dear Dell Forum Members & Support,We have an existing and very reliable Dell Precision 490 with a Single Intel Xeon 5060 (Dual Core, 3.2GHz,1066MHz) system.The system is currently running Bios Version A08 (04/25/08)

Can it be upgraded to Two (2) Intel Xeon Quad Core Processors, and if so, can a list of the compatiable processors be supplied ?

e.g. Xeon X5460 (Quad-Core, 3.16 GHz, 1333MHz) etc.

Thank you for your time & patience.With kindest regards.GEM CNC Systems.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974583
Relevancy 103.63%

I have a single core Intel Pentium 4 Processor. My motherboard supports both dual and single core processors( ASUS P5DW2 Premium).

In task manager despite having a single core I see two CPU usage graphs. Is this a problem or slowing my computer down? If so is there a way I can disable it?

A:Two CPU usage graphs with a single core processor in Task Manager.

You have a single-core hyperthreading processor. HT is an Intel technology that makes a single CPU core look like two. Whether HT slows you down or makes things faster, depends on what exactly you do with your computer. You can try disabling HT in the system BIOS and see if anything changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-cpu-usage-graphs-with-a-single-core-processor-in-task-manager.56748/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi I am brand new to this site and need some advice I have never bought a dell I have an HP right now laptop computer but am about to My husband has a dell credit account so that is where I have to buy from I m looking at Dell laptops Both are Inspiron but one has AMD Quad Core A - M Processor and the other has th Generation Intel Core i Processor Please help I i3? Intel 4th Quad Vs. Core AMD A6 Generation Core don t do AMD Quad Core A6 Vs. 4th Generation Intel Core i3? any gaming if that helps just social apps surfing watch netflix check email and pay bills Here are the specs AMD Quad core- AMD A - Quad-Core APU with Radeon R Graphics GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Radeon R Graphics inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution x Dell Wireless-N Bluetooth WHr -Cell Battery removable Intel Core i th Generation Intel Core i - U M Cache GH GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Intel HD Graphics Dell Wireless-N Bluetooth WHr -Cell Battery Please give me any advice because he has to order this tonight Thank you so much nbsp

Relevancy 103.2%

Which one is faster?

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 (3Ghz)

or

Intel Core i7 940 (2.93Ghz)

??

A:Intel core 2 extreme QX9650 or Intel Core i7 950?

http://www.behardware.com/articles/778-1/giant-roundup-146-intel-and-amd-processors.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-2-extreme-qx9650-or-intel-core-i7-950.145352/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hey guys. I joined today because I'm deciding between two laptops and I thought I could use your help.

The laptop will be used for everyday use for the most part but I also play World of Warcraft. The game recommends at least 1g of RAM but most users suggest more. The Acer has more RAM but only a single processor. Any suggestions?

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Celeron® Processor:

Processor: Intel Celeron

Processor Speed: 2.2GHz

System Bus: 800MHz

Cache Memory: 1MB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM): 2GB

Type of Memory (RAM): DDR2

Hard Drive Type: SATA (5400 rpm)

Computer Hard Drive Size: 250GB

Acer - Aspire Laptop with AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor

Processor: AMD Athlon?

Processor Speed: 1.6GHz

System Bus: 667MHz

Cache Memory: 512KB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM): 3GB

Type of Memory (RAM): DDR2

Hard Drive Type: SATA (5400 rpm)

Computer Hard Drive Size: 160GB

A:Toshiba Laptop with Intel Celeron or Acer with AMD Athlon Single-Core Processor?

both of those computers are pretty slow... and single core. the Toshiba is the better buy but the link is dead so you might be out of luck with that anyways. i don't play wow so i can't tell you what i would recommend for hardware. i will just go ahead and make the suggestion to buy something with a Core2Duo, 2GB RAM and a more high-end onboard video adapter for games. the more dedicated video power the better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-with-intel-celeron-or-acer-with-amd-athlon-single-core-processor.138726/
Relevancy 102.77%

Does anyone here actually have, or know someone who has, one of these computers?
It sounds like a good buy (WalMart), and I read the various reviews but of course I have no way of knowing if they are real/true or not.
The sealed liquid cooling, does that mean no maintenance ever?
I do not normally do a lot of internal work/replacement other than upgrading video cards and so the limited upgrades would probably not bother me very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-firebird-voodoodna-802-gaming-desktop-pc-w-intel-core-2-quad-processor-q9400.829841/
Relevancy 102.34%

Need serious urgent help please HELP ME Its been week since I bought core i it was running at Ghz at full load and Mhz at no load on first day but now the problem is at full load its not going above Mhz And TDP reaches watts but maximum is watts for i processors Also in the BIOS its and freq. TDP i7 temperature and Core problems! written Ghz but its not going above Mhz TDP at no load is watts and at full Core i7 freq. and temperature and TDP problems! load all the threads Core i7 freq. and temperature and TDP problems! used up by a chess program is watts Earlier my programs including the same chess program was working very fast At idle condition core temperatures are - degree celcius - F And at full load core temperatures are - degree celicus I have windows RC installed on my system I have stock cooler and cooler master pro elite cabinet and coolermaster watts PSU PSU fan is giving hot air from behind quite hot my room temperature is degree celicius nbsp

Relevancy 101.48%

I have been trying to figure out the max ram this processor can handle but I haven't been able to figure it you via the internet...can someone help?
Thanks! Happy Holidays.

A:Solved: Intel Celeron(R) M Processor running at 1.40ghz

The maximum RAM a system can use is determined by several factors, but the CPU is rarely the limiting factor and not how to determine the maximum amount of RAM for a system. Since this is a laptop you need to see how much the laptop supports based on motherboard(so chipset and number of slots), and by the operating system, 32 bit(4GB but only about 3GB usable) or 64 bit and the version, and also by the version ie. Windows 7 Starter has a 2GB limit, Home Basic has a 8GB limit for 64-bit or 4GB for 32-bit), or Home, or Professional. The processor does have a maximum amount of memory it can address but its well beyond what the other limitations are. Post or look up the exact model number of the laptop or use a memory configurator like the one at the www.crucial.com site to see how much RAM the hardware will take and then check the

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-celeron-r-m-processor-running-at-1-40ghz.1082328/
Relevancy 101.48%

is the p5k premium/wifi-af compatable which Intel Core2 Quad processor can i upgrade to from the one i have
thanks

A:Core2 Quad processor to replace CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3000 MHz (9

You already asked this here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic145552.html, try to keep it to one thread.
Anyway, yes it is and I personally don't think its worth upgrading your processor, nor buying a gtx 480. Probably be cpu choked either way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core2-quad-processor-to-replace-cpu-type-dualcore-intel-core-2-duo-e8400-3000-mhz-9.145550/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a new system Intel DG965WH with 1GB and a Core 2 Duo E6300 processor with a WD 320 GB SATA drive. When I start the installation of either XP or Media Version XP they both get to the point of loading in memory the necessary files and when you are prompted for "enter" to continue it resets the machine and you start all over again.

Has any one had experience loading either of these operating systems on to this type of system or perhaps can point me in the right direction as to the problem? Could it be memory? I am using a Kingston KVR667D2N5K2/1G which should be ok for this type of mother board as it is 1.8v memory.

Thanks

A:Windows Xp Or Media Center Edition And Intel Dg965wh Motherboard With Core 2 Duo Processor(6300)

Could be bad RAM, a lot of times it causes that error in the initial file copy from the CD to the hard drive.Memtest is a good diag for memory.http://www.memtest.org/EDIT: You're not just booting from the CD after the computer reboots from the initial setup, are you?The restart after it finishes copying files over is normal, after that it should continue in a VGA setup screen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75932/windows-xp-or-media-center-edition-and-intel-dg965wh-motherboard-with-core-2-duo-processor6300/
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello, i have just purchased an HP Pavilion G7 Notebook Laptop PC that is fitted with an i3-Core 2330M 2.2Ghz Processor. I would like to replace this with an Intel Core i5-2540M Laptop CPU Processor 2.6GHz 3M Cache SR044 that i have spare. Can someone tell me if this is a possible Upgrade please. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have already upgrade the memory by 4Gb to give me 8Gb in total of DDR3 So-dimm Memory. I am also using a 240Gb SSD Hard drive. Many thanks, Kenny Shaw 

A:Upgrade from an i3-core to an i5-core Processor

@kenny57singer To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-from-an-i3-core-to-an-i5-core-Processor/td-p/5843121
Relevancy 100.62%

can i use that fan? they are the same socket.. LGA775.. tnx..

A:Can I use fan of my Dual Core for my Core 2 Duo processor?

It will probably be OK but if the replacement CPU is a higher wattage keep a carefull watch on the temperatures. Make sure you apply new thermal paste when fitting it. Use this free software to watch the temperatures, set it up so it displays the temps in the task bar.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-fan-of-my-dual-core-for-my-core-2-duo-processor.162682/
Relevancy 98.9%

Greetings I just started a new job and the laptop I was given is having some Smitfraud-C CoreService issues From reading previous posts I understand posting the following HJT log is the first requirement Please advise as to the remaining steps required to correct this nuisance Logfile of HijackThis core.sys, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ & core.cache.dsk, core v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core Program Files Panda Software AVTC PavSrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent Pagent exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Scheduler pavsched exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent pagentwd exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PSKMsSvc exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PsImSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC ClShield exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs USBTip USBTip exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC SRVLOAD EXE C Program Files Panda Software AVTC WebProxy exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator PavReport PavReport exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Jason LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - ADF - E E- ad - F - E CD - C WINDOWS system dcssuwll dll file missing O - BHO no name - C - - CFC- - BEAD - C WINDOWS system jkkli dll file missing O - BHO no name - A D- B- EF - D- E - C WINDOWS system ljjigfd dll file missing O - BHO no name - B EDCDFD-EDE - D - F -A DD - C WINDOWS system qlrspsmb dll file missing O - BHO no name - d -fbb - e -adb - df d c - C WINDOWS system fveeooa dll file missing O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet... Read more

A:core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-cache-dsk-core-sys-hkey_local_machine-wsystem-controlset001-services-core.592146/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,

I was just wondering, what is the difference between normal quad core, and the ones with "extreme" stuck on the end. Both from Intel.

This also applies to Core 2 Duo from Intel.

I can't spot it (except for the price), so someone help me out here.

A:Intel Quad core/Quad core extreme difference? (Q6600/QX6700)

im not to sure but i think it has somthing to do with the multiplyer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-quad-core-quad-core-extreme-difference-q6600-qx6700.93982/
Relevancy 98.04%

I am torn between buying one of two Acer laptops Both have almost identical features--RAM HD webcam -cell battery memory card reader and are the same price-- on sale but the processors seem to be the big difference and I would like to know which one you folks feel I should go with I should also mention that the AMD laptop Intel P520 2.3 AMD Pentium Dual-Core dual-core or GHz GHz? 2.0 X2 P6100 Turion also has a Blue-Ray Disc drive and read writes normal CDs and DVDs The only other major difference when comparing specs is that the AMD laptop has an HD CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT widescreen display ATI Radeon HD graphics with MB of dedicated system memory supporting Unified Video Decoder UVD OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range HDR technology Shader Model Microsoft DirectX While the Pentium laptop has CineCrystal LED-backlit display Intel HD graphics with MB of dedicated system memory supporting Microsoft DirectX I ve been driving myself crazy for the past days trying to decide which one to go with and I need to decide quickly as I AMD Turion X2 dual-core P520 2.3 GHz or Intel Pentium Dual-Core P6100 2.0 GHz? m not sure how long they will be at this sale price--and I do have to stay at the range From the many laptops I checked out these seem to offer the most for the money I would truly appreciate your advice Thanks Gina nbsp

A:AMD Turion X2 dual-core P520 2.3 GHz or Intel Pentium Dual-Core P6100 2.0 GHz?

Confused

I'm sorry to bother you folks again, but I noticed that my question had 55 views but no replies. Did I perhaps give incorrect or confusing information, or maybe posted my question in the wrong forum? I tried looking at some of the other similar questions asked, but none seemed to help with my question.

I guess I'm basically wondering that since the 2 Acer laptops are the same price, would you go with the Intel Pentium Dual-Core P6100, 2.0GHz, 3MB L3 cache, or the AMD Turion X2 dual-core P520, 2.3 GHz, 1066MHz Front Side Bus, 2MB L2 cache. This laptop also has a Blu-Ray Disc Drive, but I've read conflicting opinions on whether having this is necessary or not.

Although I consider myself to be an intermediate computer user, I am lost when it comes to processors, and also when it comes to 'dedicated amount of system memory.' I know that 'dedicated' memory is better, but does it make a difference how much there is in different brands? In other words, could the lesser amount of 128MB 'dedicated' in the Pentium still be better than the 256MB in the AMD? I'm leaning toward the AMD Turion laptop because of the higher numbers, but I've read enough to know that you can't always rely on that alone.

I'm sorry to ask my question again, but I've been given a lot of help here at CNET in the past, so I was surprised when I logged on today to see that no one expressed an opinion on which one of the two they would buy.

Any assistance would really be helpful and appreciated.....Gina

GinaPA said:

I am torn between buying one of two Acer laptops. Both have almost identical features--RAM, HD, webcam, 6-cell battery, memory card reader, and are the same price--$499.00 (on sale); but the processors seem to be the big difference, and I would like to know which one you folks feel I should go with.

I should also mention that the AMD laptop also has a Blue-Ray Disc drive (and read/writes normal CDs and DVDs).

The only other major difference when comparing specs is that the AMD laptop has an HD CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT widescreen display, ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics with 256MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD2), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft DirectX 10.1
.........While the Pentium laptop has CineCrystal LED-backlit display, Intel HD graphics with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft DirectX 10.

I've been driving myself crazy for the past 3 days trying to decide which one to go with and I need to decide quickly as I'm not sure how long they will be at this sale price--and I do have to stay at the $500.00 range. From the many laptops I checked out, these 2 seem to offer the most for the money. I would truly appreciate your advice!

Thanks,
GinaClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-turion-x2-dual-core-p520-2-3-ghz-or-intel-pentium-dual-core-p6100-2-0-ghz.160065/
Relevancy 96.75%

hey just wonderinf if anyone could help me choose out of these two processors.would be greatly appreciated

AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-67 (2.2GHz, HyperTransport? 3: up to 4.0 (GT/sec), 2MB L2 Cache)

Intel® Pentium® processor T4300 (2.1GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)
thank you

A:Comparing amd athlon dual core and intel pentium dual core

They are quite similar. Both have nearly the same clock speed. Both have a total of 1MB of L2cache but the intel's is shared and the AMD's is exclusive. The intel is 45nm and the AMD is 65nm which means the AMD will run hotter most likely. The AMD gets a boost from its on die memory controller and HyperTransport links on its motherboard. Both are capable of running full 64 operating systems.

The best difference between them would be as to what is on board their respective laptop. The AMD will have quite respectable performance from its video chip as I would hope it either a Radeon HD 3200 or better a 4200 with SidePort memory. These are about the best you can get for integrated video these days. The intel will undoubtedly have a GMA4500. These don't game very well nor do they do a very good job of playing high def video. The AMD chipset should have a fairly complete selection of connectors and functions. The interl may or may not, depending on the maker.

Both chips have a TDP of 35 Watts. The intel should offer slightly longer battery life for a given series of tasks, say about a half hour.

As you can see, these two CPUs are quite similar on and of themselves, the supporting cast of laptop parts makes or breaks the deal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparing-amd-athlon-dual-core-and-intel-pentium-dual-core.140169/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi I was wondering if this Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 / 2.5 GHz processor would fit into my emachines t3512. Recently I upgraded it's intel celeron D processor to a intel pentium 4 processor. So I was looking at what would fit with that LGA socket and Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 seems to fit that socket. Here is a link of the processor. My desktop board is D101GGC

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BX80580Q8300-DT&cat=CPU

A:Will "Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 / 2.5 GHz processor" fit in my Emachines t3512?

No, it won't work. That board only supports Celeron D, Pentium D, and Pentium 4 boards according to the intel spec page: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d101ggc/sb/CS-025906.htm.

I think you should really consider upgrading to a new motherboard or get a whole new system altogether because the upgrade path for your current board is a dead end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-intel-core-2-quad-q8300-2-5-ghz-processor-fit-in-my-emachines-t3512.158727/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello all,

I just did a clean install of Win 8 Pro x64 and I was surprised to find that the installation had defaulted to running with (or using) only 1 of my 2 logical CPU cores. The fix was to use msconfig to activate the 2nd core as shown in the image below:

Processors - Limit Number Used by Windows 7 - Windows 7 Support Forums

After the above, Win 8 started to use both logical processors as shown below:

Cheers!

A:CPU Logical Core Missing After Win 8 Pro x64 Install

Hi Norepli,
FYI. By default, Windows will use all cores. You don't need to set anything. If you look at the screen shot below, Number of Processors is unchecked. The only time you use this is for trouble shooting.

Cheers

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20294-cpu-logical-core-missing-after-win-8-pro-x64-install.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I am trying to choose between different Dell Latitude D D laptops They come from a very good company who get stacks of laptops from Dell and sell them as refurbished as good as new at good prices http ndc co uk browse sub-Latitude D between Core 2 Core Solo, Choosing Duo and Duo Core D - html I will use it for MS Office Outlook internet and nothing much else The choice is between Core Solo GHz or GHz Core Duo GHz or Core Duo GHz or GHz The D has a brighter screen and allows Core Duo - apart from that I think D and D are identical I m hesitant about going for the cheapest but Choosing between Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo from what I can tell Core Solo will handle all these functions well I have seen that Core Duo can be faster than Core Duo but I wonder if I will notice it on what I run At the moment I have a Core Duo GHz D which runs fine except for some freezing sometimes when I open Outlook it resolves after - seconds nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

I am trying to choose between different Dell Latitude D D laptops They come from a very good company who get stacks of laptops from Dell and sell them as refurbished as good as new at good prices http ndc co uk browse sub-Latitude D D - html Duo Core Solo, 2 and Duo Core Core Choosing between I will use it Choosing between Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo for MS Office Outlook internet and nothing much else The choice is between Core Solo GHz or GHz Core Duo GHz or Core Duo GHz or GHz The D has a brighter screen and allows Core Duo - apart from that I think D and D are identical I m hesitant about going for the cheapest but from what I can tell Core Solo will handle all these functions well I have seen that Core Duo can be faster than Core Duo but I wonder if I will notice it on what I run At the moment I have a Core Duo GHz D which runs fine except for some freezing sometimes when I open Outlook it resolves after - seconds nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-between-core-solo-core-duo-and-core-2-duo.890221/
Relevancy 87.29%

I plan to upgrade to the listed components all of the rest of the hardware has been determined to be compatible. After the components are switched out I want to verify, my approach of Win 7 Pro installation will work and if not, would someone please correct me and give me advice as to the proper approach? What my idea was after everything is hooked up and ready to install OS, I would turn on enter bios set to boot from cd, and set to AHCI since I'll be reusing my Samsung 840 120GB SSD and leave the rest of the bios set to default at that time. I'll have my Logitech model 520 wireless keyboard with the model 310 wireless mouse which came together. Does this approach seem like it should work especially the wireless keyboard/mouse? I could sure use some corrections for the proper way of installing the OS if not, it would sure be appreciated Thanks!

A:Intel Core i5-4670K & ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 questions

Search http://www.sevenforums.com/members/gregrocker.html He recently wrote a great post on "how to clean reinstall a factory OEM windows 7

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

you might run into some issues with using a wireless mouse and keyboard on install... do you have a spare USB or PS2 keyboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306325-intel-core-i5-4670k-asus-z87-lga-1150-intel-z87-questions.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can give some advice.
Right .... I was given 2 CPUs (LGA 775 Duo 2 Core E4600)
but do not have a motherboard for it ...

I was thinking, what kind of good motherboard should I buy
that also supports DDR3 (1333) 8GB or max... which also might be use
to play games on it (when graphic card ought of course)

Any ideas ?!

A:LGA 775 Duo 2 Core E4600 / suggestions!

What is your budget and what resolution will you be gaming at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lga-775-duo-2-core-e4600-suggestions.172861/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have the E6600 and 2 gig OCZ Platium Rev.2 DDR 800 sitting in my Newegg shopping cart.

Only thing missing is the MOBO and I am kind of in between a rock an a hard place, stumped with all the chipset choices.

Here are my requirments:

Minimum of 5 SATA connectors

Dont care about SLI ( have a 8800GTX and dont plan on getting another one )

Needs to be a good performer......And stable........

Under $200 ($150 range preferably.)

And guys, no PCCHIPS or ECS reccomdations please

Thats it !!!

Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!

A:Core 2 Duo Mobo Suggestions

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128018
This board looks pretty good; only $145 before rebate, $135 after.
Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-2-duo-mobo-suggestions.66871/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hay there, I recently obtained a new system for a very cheap price with a surprisingly good processer with it.

New computer: -

Stone
Intel DQ45EK mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.9GHz Socket 775
3GB ram (max 4gb)

Current Computer: -

Gigabyte P31-D3SL mobo
Intel Pentium D 925 3.00 GHz Socket 775
4GB ram

Alright so the issue is I want to swap the processors around but when I put the Pentium D into the Intel DQ45EK mobo it comes up with a blank screen with the fan blowing intensely, reboots and then just hangs with the intense fan speed. When I swap back the processors the orignal Core 2 Duo does this same thing but then it goes back to normal after a few reboots. The E7500 works fine in my old system though... I would think the pentium D would be widely supported x-x

Any ideas cause im lost at the moment.

A:Solved: Intel Pentium D 925 & Intel Core Duo E7500

Could be that the FSB is not rated for the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-pentium-d-925-intel-core-duo-e7500.882165/
Relevancy 86.43%

OK, some more information:

The current installation on the Lenovo T400 (Intel 330 SSD ACHI) was done using the "double install" method using Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack Upgrade. It appears the current installation would allow me to use the Sysprep method (I didn't receive an error message when running sysprep.exe), but my concern is that when I boot up the Intel 330 SSD in my new Intel NUC, the validation won't work because the Family Pack uses an Upgrade key. The key has only been used once, so I still have 2 remaining activations, but I'm not sure if that has any relevance to the situation.

Any other recommendations? I am considering manually uninstalling the drivers, doing the swap, and hoping for the best, due to the fact that the current installation sees itself as a clean install, not an upgrade.

A:Move Intel SSD from T400 (Core 2 Duo) to Intel NUC (Broadwell i3)?

How do you know that activation won't work? Did you try? If the bit is already flipped from doing the double upgrade then it should reactivate with the same key since all that is needed for the transfer is to reset the hardware signature in MS Activation servers.

You also have three simultaneous activations at any one time with the Family Pack, and do not forfeit an activation for reinstalling a key to the same or other hardware. If using phone activation because web fails, then when the magic question is asked "How many installs has this copy of Win7 been made" you'd say three instead of one. If rejected again, ask for agent. If agent has problems, talk with MS Customer service who are often more attentive seeing that you get what you pay for.

What's easier than Sysprep is to reimage using a free lightweight app like Macrium Imaging - Windows 7 Help Forums then if Win7 won't boot on the new hardware as expected Adjust Win7 to boot on new hardware with Paragon Adaptive Restore CD.

Let us know how this goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/363774-move-intel-ssd-t400-core-2-duo-intel-nuc-broadwell-i3.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi, everybody! I was looking to buy a new comp. but i am unsure which processor is better, the intel centrino core duo or the intel pentium M. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the difference was and possibly which one is better. thanks!

A:Solved: Intel Centrino Core Duo vs. Intel Pentium M

G'day myongha!

I would go with the Core Duo because it is more reliable and is quicker because there are two parts to the processor, hence the name Core Duo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-centrino-core-duo-vs-intel-pentium-m.484113/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have this: ARK | Intel? Celeron? Processor 440 (512K Cache, 2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

I want to replace it with this: ARK | Intel? Core
I've tried simply physically replacing one with the other, but as you may guess, it's not that simple. What do I need to do? I'm on a budget of zero.

Could I get by with installation instructions, and perhaps directions towards drivers? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

A:Replace Intel Celeron 440 @ 2.0 GHz With Intel Core 2 Quad @ 3.0 GHz

I would suggest checking if your motherboard can support a more modern CPU. The Core 2 Quad is from 2008. You can probably get an i3 for close to the same price if your motherboard supports it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/279006-replace-intel-celeron-440-2-0-ghz-intel-core-2-quad-3-0-ghz.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Ok guys someone please help me understand this better. Are intel core duo the best or fastest processor out now? Also if a laptop is Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz and a pc Intel Pentium 4 3.66 GHz which processor is faster?

Im not understanding what the X.XXGHz mean...is that based on the processor?

I understand that Intel Core Duo has 2 processors and thats why they are so great....does that mean that it is 2.0GHz per processor? so its really 4.0GHz?

sorry if I'm way off here but I want to understand this better.

Thanks.

PS. Im not sure where this would go so please feel free to move if necessary.

A:Solved: Confused! - Intel Core Duo and Intel Pentium 4....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confused-intel-core-duo-and-intel-pentium-4.496592/
Relevancy 86.43%

Can any body tell me the main diff between the core 2 duo processor and core 2 duo processor with centrino.

Thanks
_______

A:Diff between centrino processor and core 2 duo processor

In a word nothing, the centrino branding does not refer to any specific additions to the processor, it is simply a label that is attached to laptops which use intel branded processor, integrated graphics and wireless chips.

Centrino is more of a marketing tool that Intel use to boost sales of their graphics and wireless chips, so you can pretty much ignore it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diff-between-centrino-processor-and-core-2-duo-processor.770100/
Relevancy 86%

OK sorry I am always asking about what would be good to build a new PC but my old PC has finally died and I have been left with no choice but to build one I am planning on building a Core Duo PC This is the list so far keep in mind I am trying to keep this under which is certainly feasible Let me know Duo, suggestions!!!! 2 read offer please and Core new My what you My new Core 2 Duo, please read and offer suggestions!!!! think Processor http www newegg com Product Produc E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E Video Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Memory http www newegg com Product Produc E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Case http www newegg com Product Produc E Power Supply http www newegg com Product Produc E The grand total with Arctic Silver is but there are also worth of rebates so in all actuality it would be around What I want to know is the following Will everything be compatable Is the power supply and case a good deal or could I find a good combo for cheaper Do I need to buy a new heat sink My new Core 2 Duo, please read and offer suggestions!!!! Is this a quality system overall I ask you all to make suggestions and comments I am planning on ordering this in the next few days so the sooner the feedback the better I am using my PC for iTunes AIM DVD creating running an S-Video to my TV and other normal stuff NO GAMING If this is overdone for a standard everyday computer let me know I do like to do a lot of encoding and decoding so I think the best choice for that is the Core Duo Can t wait to see what you guys have to say nbsp

A:My new Core 2 Duo, please read and offer suggestions!!!!

Do you think it would be possible to edit your post and put in the names of your parts (with links) so readers don't have to click 7 different links (making at least 8 tabs or windows) just to see what you are building?

Hint: if you select a section of text then click the it pops up a box where you can paste the link in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-core-2-duo-please-read-and-offer-suggestions.68337/
Relevancy 86%

I am running an Intel Q quad core with the oem cooler It Suggestions Cooler Need Quad CPU Core s not overclocked but I am looking to get into that with this machine very soon I was looking at some CPU coolers on newegg ones that had really good user ratings and I came up with two Rosewill RCX-Z -EX mm Ball CPU Need Quad Core CPU Cooler Suggestions Cooler http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASUS V- mm Vapo Bearing CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Apparently according to the reviews the Rosewill is not an actual copper heatsink it claims to have a copper base and some have complained about the noise level The ASUS on the other hand seems to have slightly more solid reveiws but it is bulkier and may pose a size issue I did measure and according to my measurments it should fit plus the antec ninehundred is a roomy case but I have a feeling i wont know for sure till i actually have one in front of me and am installing it These are the two I came up with and am having trouble deciding between them If anyone Need Quad Core CPU Cooler Suggestions can suggest one that they think is better I am definitely open to checking other ones out I just want to make sure I get a solid well designed product for this machine Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-quad-core-cpu-cooler-suggestions.806017/
Relevancy 85.14%

hey all I did a clean Install on a new HDD yesterday all went well I thought it was running ok last night responsive and quick I turned her on this morning and it hung up on the boot screen then hung up on the black screen with the pointer between log on and desktop finally gets up to the desk top and its black with icons I ran msconfig looked in boot advanced a on duo core CPU at to processor and 100% down 1 options looked at my start up processors clicked number of processors where it usually offers it is only giving me The alert went off CPU at 100% and down to 1 processor on a duo core in my head went to task manager cpu usage is at i am idle this makes it impossible to do anything I am at a loss what is causing this I did nothing but install some apps like win rar and my Tune up utilities start up is limited to what i need at start up windows kaspersky and my synaptics touchpad I am confused any suggestions are welcome CPU at 100% and down to 1 processor on a duo core will try uninstalling Kaspersky as a start CPU at 100% and down to 1 processor on a duo core since i have had a problem in the past Please help

A:CPU at 100% and down to 1 processor on a duo core

Did you check the bios to see if the cpu was detected correctly? Check what the cpu temperature is showing as well. If it's too high check that the cpu cooler is on properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/10934-cpu-100-down-1-processor-duo-core.html
Relevancy 85.14%

OK sorry I am always asking about what would be good to build a new PC but my old PC has finally died and I have been left with no choice but to build one I am planning on building a Core Duo PC This is the list so far new suggestions!!!! 2 offer Core and My Duo...Please read Edited: keep in mind I Edited: My new Core 2 Duo...Please read and offer suggestions!!!! am trying to keep this under which is certainly feasible Let me know what you think Here is what I plan to order Processor Intel Core Duo E Conroe http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Motherboard ASUS P L-VM http www newegg com product product asp item N E Video Card BFG Tech BFGR GTOCE GeForce GT http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Memory CORSAIR ValueSelect GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR http www newegg com product product asp item N E Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar SE WD KS GB http www newegg com product product asp item N E Case COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -UW http www newegg com product product asp item N E Power Supply THERMALTAKE TR W http www newegg com product product asp item N E The grand total with Arctic Silver is but there are also worth of rebates so in all actuality it would be around What I want to know is the following Will everything be compatable Is the power supply and case a good deal or could I find a good combo for cheaper Do I need to buy a new heat sink Is this a quality system overall Have I picked stuff out that is too nice much for what I need I ask you all to make suggestions and comments I am planning on ordering this in the next few days so the sooner the feedback the better I am using my PC for iTunes AIM DVD creating running an S-Video to my TV and other normal stuff NO GAMING If this is overdone for a standard everyday computer let me know I do like to do a lot of encoding and decoding so I think the best choice for that is the Core Duo Can t wait to see what you guys have to say I tried posting this a few other times so disregard anything before I have been working from different computers since mine is dead Thanks again nbsp

A:Edited: My new Core 2 Duo...Please read and offer suggestions!!!!

CPU Fan?
Corsair Value Select is cheaper memory. Try Kingston or Crucial at www.zipzoomfly.com.
The Seagate 250 with the five year warranty is a better drive and a better warranty at a better price, at above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/edited-my-new-core-2-duo-please-read-and-offer-suggestions.68385/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, Currently I'm using a dual core 6850 and I'm thinking about buying a quad core. I have a PSU of 500 W as spare.

Can i replace the CPU to a Quad Core without changing the cooling system?

A:replace dual core CPU by quad core what about heatsink? in Mini Tower 755 Optiplex

heinflhs
These are the specs of the spare PSU. Aren't they better than the original Dell PSU?
That power supply is ATX and not EPS12V
Better is not the issue.  Dell power supplys are 80 percent efficient not 70 percent ATX.  The -5v rail is an issue as well as this may cause a motherboard fire or damage your system.  Its a dead giveaway that this is a power supply from 1990 to 2000.
What current is on which rails is not trivial. There is a single 12V RAIL on that unit and its max is 17A
EPS 12V units have multiple rails of 12V @ 18 amps each.  MAX Power on the 12V rails is 264w not 204w
That unit has a lot more on the 5V and 3.3V rails at the expense of the 12V rails and CPU 4 pin connector. So no that spare unit is not likely to work well if at all.

Recommended update or replacement is EVGA 750B1

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996406
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

I'm buying a new computer with Vista home premium (32 bit), and I can't decide whether I should get a 2.4 quad core or a faster dual core (since it's cheaper).

I've searched about this but all the results I've got were from 2007, so I'm not sure if things changed much now.

So what do you think? will I benefit from the additional cores? or shall I go with faster dual cores?
appreciate your help

Relevancy 84.71%

so which would be better:

dual core celeron 1.73ghz with 1mb l2 cache or single core intel pentium 4 2.4ghz 512kb l2 cache

A:dual core celeron 1.73ghz versus single core pentium 4 2.4ghz

I don't think there are any Celeron Processors which are dual core and so the Pentium 4 will definitely be faster. If you give me model numbers I might be of more help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-celeron-1-73ghz-versus-single-core-pentium-4-2-4ghz.623465/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey all,
I have some proprietary software that works great on a single-core processor. When I try to run it on a dual-core or above, the software loads, works once, and then messes up.

The software uses modems to dial out to our payphones. We found a work-around by turning off one processor in the bios, but then, what's the point of having a dual-core processor.

Please help. The software is doing this on Windows XP.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-crashes-on-dual-core-works-fine-on-single-core.836441/