Windows Support Forum

Error Code 9C48 - Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64

Q: Error Code 9C48 - Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64

Right, I hope I can get my problem across clearly as i've tried following many threads in different forums and at the moment i've had no luck...

I'm posting the thread due to the error code 9C48 which I get trying to update IE11 through windows. The first thing that came to mind is uninstalling IE.

1. I've looked under the View installed updates for 'Windows Internet Explorer' and couldn't find it.
2. I've tried uninstalling via command prompt and was unsuccessful (followed this step off a different thread).

Can someone help me with this?? I should mention i'm completely new to this so I need some good help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380315-error-code-9c48-internet-explorer-11-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Error Code 9C48 - Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.04%

Hello all,

First of all thanks a lot for this forum and its helpful and devoted members.
So here I am, with the terrible "9C48 code: windows update has encountered an unknown error" (sorry for the approximate translation...).
The update I'm trying to install is "Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for processor x64 computers" (58,4 Mo).
Although I already use Internet explorer 11.0.9600.17280, there's still, according to Windows update, an update to do but which fails every time I try.
I run a fresh clean new install (just formatted my computer), tried WindowsUpdateDiagnostic, Microsoft Fix it, System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and SFC Scan.
Enclosed the CBS.zip, though there are several "CbsPersist_2014xxxxxxxxxx.zip" I had to delete as the file was too big to upload :-/
As my friend Georges would say, what else? Thanks for your help !

A:Windows update for Internet Explorer 11: 9C48 error

SFC appears to have corrected a few pending files operations - and CheckSUR was clear
There's no obvious problems in the background data from the CBS.log file, or CBSPersist file.

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file, and we'll se what that has to say.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346030-windows-update-internet-explorer-11-9c48-error.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello Everyone This has been a most frustrating problem for me Ultimately I have been trying to install the online role playing game Fails Update Explorer so (code frustrati Please 9 Internet 9C48) help, quot Darkfall quot My installation fails and I am prompted that I need to have a version of Internet Explorer greater than Well that is a little strange since i am running I don't think I had a chance not to have it because of windows update anyway So I go to the Microsoft website and click to download IE I am prompted that a more recent version is installed Internet Explorer 9 Update Fails (code 9C48) Please help, so frustrati on my system Figures right So I begin to look at my options I attempt to uninstall and reinstall IE through the uninstall located in add remove programs in the update part That fails and tells me that quot An error has occured Not all updates where successfully uninstalled quot So than I try to do a manual uninstall by removing the trusted installer control of the files That didn't work and I did a system restore because I didn't feel good about that action So Than I try to uninstall from the command line using FORFILES P WINDIR servicing Packages M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer- mum c quot cmd c echo Uninstalling package fname amp amp start w pkgmgr up fname norestart quot That fails telling me that quot Operation Failed with x Access is Denied Well I just quit for a few days because that was very frustrating Now I see that there is an update for IE in my windows update Well maybe that is the problem Excitedly I try to run the update thinking that my problems are finally Solved no The install fails with the C code saying Windows Update encountered an unknown error Needless to say I feel utterly defeated I made sure I am running as an administrator as well Can anyone help me either correct the update or uninstall IE please haha I am going crazy here

A:Internet Explorer 9 Update Fails (code 9C48) Please help, so frustrati

This is new from Microsoft. I have never tried it because I don't have a problem.
Take a read and decide.
System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/255346-internet-explorer-9-update-fails-code-9c48-please-help-so-frustrati.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Attachment 290231
i having problem with this windows update

here is zip for CBSAttachment 290230

thanks!!!

A:windows update error (code 9c48 and code 9c57)

You haven't run the CheckSUR tool.

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/308652-windows-update-error-code-9c48-code-9c57.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello all,

I've been fixing up a laptop for a laptop that has had one problem after another. I'm working with an ASUS G51VX.

It was riddled with spyware and adware. After cleaning it was still pretty slow, found out it had a failing HDD. Replaced the HDD and still slow. I pretty much have it at a tollerable start up time but I cannot get it to complete the last of it updates (see title)

I've run SURT and it installed one hotfix, KB947821. Assuming that fixed it I ran the update again and still failed.

SFC says it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Attached is the log (I only zipped CBS.log because the folder itself is 15GB).

A:IE Explorer 11 for Windows 7 x64 based systems Fails with 9C48 code

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
This is the quickest way to get a fresh start,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/219487-clean-reinstall-factory-oem-windows-7-a.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355375-ie-explorer-11-windows-7-x64-based-systems-fails-9c48-code.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi
Started getting this yesterday which is wierd as IE9 was installed (18/‎09/‎2013 by windows updates) and still working and now updates thinks it needs to install again.
So SFC /Scannow ran with no errors.
Checksur Ran with error I have downloaded the offended kb files expanded and placed them in windows temp checksur packages folder and ran again. Now it is saying cupt files on ones that I cannot find
Attached is the zipped cbs folder.
Thanks in advance

A:Error 9c48 internet explorer 9

Your CheckSUR scan shows the following problems:

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 604
Found 2 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 1
Unavailable repair files:
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2977629~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.cat
These files are from IE9, and will prevent the proper installation of IE11.

I'll post a fix a little later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352843-error-9c48-internet-explorer-9-a.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I keep getting an error code 9C48 when trying to install this one important update:
Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems
Download size: 69.1 MB
You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
Update type: Important

Also every time I turn my computer off at night there is always a message saying installing 1 out of 1 updates.

A:Windows Update Error Code 9C48

Please try out this fix. It may solve this problem or error.
1. First of all close all programs which are running on your computer and restart the Windows.
2. When Windows have started then click on the “Start” button and then click on the “All programs”
3. Now click on the “Accessories” and after that click on the “Run”.
4. Now you have to type "Services.msc" command in “Run” to open the Administrator Tools' Services panel.
5. Now find the "Windows Module Installer" service entry. If it’s status is 'disabled' then right click the entry and choose 'Properties' and change the startup state to 'Manual', click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.
6. Restart your computer.

If that doesn't work try this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-10-worldwide-languages

Regards..............

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502376/windows-update-error-code-9c48/
Relevancy 89.44%

I get this error trying to install "Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems"

I already have IE 11 installed and running properly, so I know it's stuck somewhere.
I followed the Windows Update Posting Instructions post before starting this thread, so I have run the System Update Readiness Tool and System File Checker. I'm attaching the CBS zip file.

Oh, and this system is running Windows 7 Home Premium. My system specs are for a different computer.

A:Windows Update Error Code 9C48

We need the full CBS folder data - what you've uploaded so far is almost useless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349649-windows-update-error-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a Windows 7 Pro 64bit computer that won't install an update for Internet Explorer 9.

A:Internet Explorer 9 won't install update Error 9C48

please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330811-internet-explorer-9-wont-install-update-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello everyone It's been a while I finally changed my laptop 'cause its GPU got burnt and they gave me a brand new Lenovo Z through error Update 9C48 IE11 code Windows i - m with a GT M not bad Anyhow while updating after a new installation of Windows every single one update got installed successfully except one partially you'll see what I mean the notorious IE which always comes up with error C And I say partially because I HAVE IE installed successfully the first time I installed it through Windows Update exhibit A amp B below I know that I am making much fuzz IE11 error code 9C48 through Windows Update for nothing now 'cause I could just hide that update and go on with my life But I know that's something is not right and it's a shame to begin a brand new installation of my precious Windows with errors SURT installation completed successfully KB IE11 error code 9C48 through Windows Update sfc scannow didn't find any integrity violations I have included only the CBS log and CheckSUR logs on my rar file because I exceed the mb limit with the CBS Persist zip folders Thanks in advance for everyone's time to read my post Peace out

A:IE11 error code 9C48 through Windows Update

Sounds to me like a corrupted store somewhere - but before we start messing, let's have a look at some other files...
Please upload the following files.
C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log
C:\windows\IE11_main.log

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347708-ie11-error-code-9c48-through-windows-update.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello. It all started couple of days ago when I wansn't able to start my Skype, because at the login window Skype uses Internet Explorer I've been trying couple of days to do something. At first I was getting internet explorer 10 update error, but somehow, magically, that update installed, but now!!! now it says that there's Internet explorer 9 update error! Please help, guys, really frustrated that I can't use skype, I really need it for my work. ty.

I've made logs with System Update Readiness Tool as suggested here Windows Update Posting Instructions, but when I try to attach it, it says

Quote:
CBS.zip:
Your file of 10.84 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 8.30 MB for this filetype.

What should I do? I've tried to zip CBS and to rar it, but the size is still bigger than allowed. HELP!

A:Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

I'm thinking my CSB file is bigger than it has to be because I've been running this System Update Readiness Tool couple of times in last few days, maybe I should delete something out of there?

Update: I uploaded it here http://ge.tt/4ab6s9i/v/0, sorry if it's against the forum rulse, or something, will do as it must be done if this isn't appropriate. thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292074-windows-update-error-9c48-internet-explorer-update.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello I fails IE 11, error Windows Update code 0x80070003 9C48 & have the version of IE kb opened the browser When I try to reinstall it by looking in view updates - it was not there My windows update - Windows Update fails IE 11, error code 0x80070003 & 9C48 the IE keeps failing giving me an error of C I've used a Windows Update Diagnostic I have an error of when installing IE as well during the diagnostic I've tried the toolkit from windows I'm not sure which CBS file it is The first CBS file This is the second CBS file Here is the Windowslog file I've also included this which was in the log file Code Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -x exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry KB INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEF tmp Windows -KB -x cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEF tmp Windows -KB -x cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IE tmp IE-Spelling-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IE tmp IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IE A tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IE A tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -x exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry KB INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEAEC tmp Windows -KB -x cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEAEC tmp Windows -KB -x cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEB B tmp IE-Spelling-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEB B tmp IE-Spelling-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -en exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEC tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab quot INFO Windows Update Install Extracted new file to C Windows TEMP IEC tmp IE-Hyphenation-en cab INFO Windows Update Install Setup return code x Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Install WU-Windows -KB -x exe quot INFO Windows Update Install Cleaning up old registry entry KB INFO Windows Update Install Trying to extract package as quot C Windows TEMP IEE tmp Windows -KB -x cab quot INFO Windows Updat... Read more

A:Windows Update fails IE 11, error code 0x80070003 & 9C48

Can someone help? :S

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371915-windows-update-fails-ie-11-error-code-0x80070003-9c48.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have been getting this Error Code 9C48 while doing my windows updates. Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

I think thats why i cant install Microsoft .NET framework 4
keep getting a error message.
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation. "

Windows had a look at my computer by remote access and said it's a problem with my registry and they can fix it but it's not part of their free service and I would have to pay for it

A:Error(s) Code 9C48

Just who is this (Windows) and how did they get in touch with you?

Sound like a scam to me.

From post #1
Windows had a look at my computer by remote access and said it's a problem with my registry and they can fix it but it's not part of their free service and I would have to pay for it

Use this tutorial by Brink to post screen shots, (pictures)

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364684-error-s-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have been facing this problem since long.
Everytime i try to update windows IE9 for windows7 for x64based system, the installation fails with the error code 9c48.
i tried everything from microsoft fix it and following other steps but none helped. even i had checked with other webstes from google but all were of no use. even disabling antivirus and trying to install does not work.
(i already have IE9 and even uninstalling that also doesnt work)

Any help will be highly appreciated.
thanks in advance.

A:Code 9C48 error- Cannot install IE9

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the results - they should give us the data we need to fix the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/281072-code-9c48-error-cannot-install-ie9.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello, I'm trying to install an update to IE9 but get the error code 9C48.

I've tried to uninstall IE9 but it is not listed in the Windows Update section.

Originally I was trying to install win7 SP1, but was getting an error saying "newer software alreay installed" I think.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

A:Error code 9C48 when trying to update IE9

This can repair windows updates problems Windows Repair (All In One)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/306857-error-code-9c48-when-trying-update-ie9.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am running Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 and everytime I try to install IE11 from Windows update it gives me the 9C48 error. I've tried downloading and installing the IE 11 standalone installer but it keeps giving an error that "Setup cannot continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer".

I have been searching Google and these forums and I noticed people attach their CBS and checkSUR logs after running sfc /scannow, so I am doing that as well in hopes of someone being able to help.

I have tried so many different fixes, CheckSUR, subinacl, MS Hot fixes, uninstalling IE11 etc. I hope someone is able to help. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Error code 9C48 when trying to install IE 11 update

I was curious if anyone knows how I can fix this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349958-error-code-9c48-when-trying-install-ie-11-update.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I got error code 9c48 when trying to install the important update for IE9. Not only has the update failed, but it has caused IE9 to be inoperable, resulting in NO browser. I can't seem to find any solution. Please help.

A:IE9 Update Failed - Error code 9c48

Try a system integrity scan
RUN > CMD > SFC /SCANNOW

Also try using firefox to access the net,then uninstall IE & download to install IE9 again.

You can try rolling back to your previous ver as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/165023-ie9-update-failed-error-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I managed to fix most of the checksur errors (there was 8 in the beginning) on my own but now I am stuck.
Anyway I am on Windows 7 SP1 32 bit, I have run checksur and then sfc and uploaded the CBS folder with the logs.
Thanks in advance

A:Error code 9C48 when trying to install IE 11 update

CheckSUR found and fixed one problem.

SFC found this error...

Code:
Line 4787: 2014-09-10 01:33:43, Info CSI 000001db [SR] Repairing 1 components
Line 4788: 2014-09-10 01:33:43, Info CSI 000001dc [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 4791: 2014-09-10 01:33:44, Info CSI 000001de [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 11.2.9600.17107, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 4794: 2014-09-10 01:33:45, Info CSI 000001e0 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 11.2.9600.17107, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 4795: 2014-09-10 01:33:45, Info CSI 000001e1 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:152{76}]"Package_1_for_KB2953522~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~11.2.1.0.2953522-2_neutral_GDR"
I'll post a fix protocol for it later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344944-error-code-9c48-when-trying-install-ie-11-update.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I ran Windows Update and there is an update for IE 9, but when I try to install it I get error code 9c48. I have tried every fix on the net to repair this, but to no avail. I have tried to uninstall IE9 and reinstall, but there is no update for IE9 in my installed updates. I have run sft / scannow and tried to fix the dll. I also have cleaned the registry and repaired the .net framework and 6-8 hours later. Still no IE, still no update.

I don't care about the update as long as I have a working version of Internet Explorer on my machine. Please help! I also have attached the .txt document of the cbs/logs with the erros from the scannow command.

Please help! Thanks.

A:Error Code 9c48 when installing IE9 Update Win 7

Please try out this fix. It may solve this problem or error.

1. First of all close all programs which are running on your computer and restart the Windows.
2. When Windows have started then click on the “Start” button and then click on the “All programs”
3. Now click on the “Accessories” and after that click on the “Run”.
4. Now you have to type "Services.msc" command in “Run” to open the Administrator Tools' Services panel.
5. Now find the "Windows Module Installer" service entry. If it’s status is 'disabled' then right click the entry and choose 'Properties' and change the startup state to 'Manual', click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.
6. Restart your computer.

You should be able to update your internet Explorer 9(ie9) without any error message popping up on the screen.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/216503-error-code-9c48-when-installing-ie9-update-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi there, Need some help getting some updates that won't update. This is for installing IE10 (which is funny because I'm already running IE 10) and then installing IE 11.

Downloaded the System Update Readiness Tool and installed it

Completed a SFC scan (no problems detected)

Ran the windows update repair tool

Nothing made a difference.

Here's a link to the CBS.zip https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B27...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Shawn

A:Update error code 9C48 and 9C59

You appear to have some major corruption.
Here's what CheckSUR found...

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_110_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_146_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_147_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_148_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_149_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_150_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_151_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_152_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_153_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_154_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_155_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_156_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_157_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_158_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_159_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_160_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_161_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_162_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_163_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_164_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_165_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_166_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_167_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_168_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_169_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_170_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_171_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_172_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_173_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_174_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_175_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_176_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_177_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_178_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_179_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_180_for_KB2633952~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2345886~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2416471~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2446709~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2454826~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2467659~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2522422~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2656373~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2859903~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.2.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2925418~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.2.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2964358~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.2.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB978262~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB978506~31bf3856ad364e... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351652-update-error-code-9c48-9c59.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a new laptop running Win Pro SP -bit as its operating system It came with IE I've been applying the failure IE11 Another Error - 9C48 Code Update dozens of Windows updates that keep showing up and they all seemed to apply successfuly until I reached the IE update upgrade That's when things got weird -It kept saying that it had failed with an error code of C -If I restarted it tried to reinstall the update which failed and then when I would re-run Windows Update it would show the IE update as an important pending update to be applied -However when I would launch IE and check the quot About IE quot info it showed that I was running IE not IE It was as if it was sort of installed but not fully Through internet searching I stumbled on a couple of your threads I hadn't read the warning about quot don't try acting on advice given to another user quot yet so I tried some of the suggestions as follows - I installed and ran the System Update Readiness Tool The CheckSUR and CheckSURpersist logs both show quot no errors detected quot -I ran System File Checker sfc scannow and the result was that quot Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations quot If Another IE11 Update failure - Error Code 9C48 I had known about quot verify only quot I would have run that but this was my first exposure to this tool -I doublechecked a list of IE update prerequisites and it looked to me as though all the required updates were installed Here's where I got brave or foolhardy -When I scanned some of my logs I found some comments about quot newer version already installed quot -I followed the instructions for manually uninstalling IE that I found on the MSDN blog site through a link I found in your Oct thread on this error -I also made sure to change my Windows Update settings so no updates would try to auto install -I overlooked and therefore did NOT do the additional step recommended in your October thread the one that reads as follows quot Start an Elevated Command Prompt Type in pressing enter after each line cd quot userprofile Desktop quot IE Update exe update-no Allow the installation to complete Restart your computer when done quot Current status -My version of IE is back to being IE and it appears to be working normally -Windows Update is offering me downloads for IE and IE as quot important quot and IE as quot optional I have not applied any of these updates -I have applied all other Windows updates offered to date but I check first to see what they are I need to know what I should do next - the appropriate steps and their sequence -do I need to do the last step from the October thread described above -do I have to install IE and then IE before installing IE -what else do I need to do I want to get Windows and IE settled down so I can proceed with installing other programs as I migrate from my old laptop The machine came with the OS preinstalled and so far all I've added are Norton and Firefox Thanks

A:Another IE11 Update failure - Error Code 9C48

Here are some of my log files - CheckSUR, CheckSURpersist, IE11_main and windowsupdate.

I assume you may want to see my CBS logs, but I will need some help getting you what you want. I wound up with 1 CBS log and 5 CBSpersist logs, and when I zipped the folder it was 171MB in size which is way too big to upload here. I can try zipping the individual files to see if any of them would be small enough to upload.

FYI, I'm not an IT person and I have minimal experience knowing what I'm seeing when I try to read a log file. So please keep things simple where you can.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362731-another-ie11-update-failure-error-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Please help, I want to install windows 10, but I get a false code 9C48 windows update. I have close a picture of the foute. Can you help me. I prefer in Dutch language, because my English is not correct. Please help :)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6340d395-1316-4c44-af33-90bb72b19563/code-9c48-windows-update?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 75.68%

Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Updates: problems code 9C48 with Windows Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -WJ H -R B D- QJB Windows Product Key Hash ckKNc problems with Windows Updates: code 9C48 BBPDWmo LUlOkraNjlQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID AEE B C-BD D- E-B - DE B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Allowed Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AEE B C-BD D- E-B - DE B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - QJB lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Packard Bell lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt imedia S lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt P -A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt D FD F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Mitteleurop ische Zeit GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Softwarelizenzierungsdienst-Version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Beschreibung Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Aktivierungs-ID d c e -c dd- -b f -f f d d Anwendungs-ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Erweiterte PID - - - - - - - Installations-ID Prozessorzertifikat-URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Computerzertifikat-URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Lizenz-URL verwenden http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key-Zertifikat-URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Teil-Product Key QJB Lizenzstatus Lizenziert Verbleibende Windows Rearm-Anzahl Vertrauensw rdige Zeit Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline N A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp N A ActiveX Not Registered - x Admin Service Not Registered - x HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current MAAAAAEAAgABAAEAAQACAAAAAQABAAEAonZ Y kgCuULyziM qPGI gA UIa OEM Activation Data-- g... Read more

A:problems with Windows Updates: code 9C48

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344899-problems-windows-updates-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Excuses me for having to ask you guys here for help as i have run out of option with the errors that I am now getting on my Windows PC Being a noob at this I have sort of run out of options and now i believe it best for me to ask this forum for help About months ago I noticed issues with my systems that is now becoming very annoying to me Firstly with my Internet Explore I am getting missing images with the error Internet Explorer can not display the page being the first Also Google Chrome is missing the images as well to some web site with regards to adds mainly I have tried a few options that where suggested on the internet that I have been researching but nothing has helped The second error I am getting is with the updates Updates are failing to install I Explorer Code with and Internet Error 8024200D get the error Error with Code 8024200D and Internet Explorer Code D Windows Error with Code 8024200D and Internet Explorer say it ran into aproblem I can t seem to proceed any further Just wondering as this has just recently happened Are these issues related My PC is a HP Compaq Elite series and it original comewith Windows already installed I have paid for an upgrade to Windows more than a year agoand I have never had any issue what s so ever until now Is this a simple fix or is it a sign to something more serious Any suggestions here I would greatly appreciate the help Thanks

A:Error with Code 8024200D and Internet Explorer

You might consider upgrading to 8.1.1 .

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44860-error-code-8024200d-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 68.8%

have recently installed sp2 with out problem except i keep on getting internet explorer application error code 0x00bb0010 and 0x7c9105f8-also sometimes slow
Anyone any ideas

Relevancy 67.94%

Hey Guys,

I tried updating IE 11 and got this Error: Code 9C47.
I then downloaded and ran SURT and it didn't give me any error other than installing an update.
I ran sfc /scannow and it found no integrity violations.
My cbs log ,sfc /scannow and Error are attached to this post.

Pls help me to install IE 11.

P.S i might have used few registry cleaners to clean registry.

TY in advance.

A:Error Code 9C57 during Internet Explorer 11 updation from IE 9

Registry Cleaners are DEATH.
The most likely fix is going to be a repair install, since you appear to have multiple problems...
CheckSUR shows...

Code:
CSI Catalog Expired Total count: 6
CBS Catalog Expired Total count: 8
SFC shows clear, but there are background errors in the CBS data, relating to the errors that CheckSUR found.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359946-error-code-9c57-during-internet-explorer-11-updation-ie-9-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I got a problem when installing Internet Explorer using windows update on Windows Home Premium bit I already tried to find the missing files in the CheckSUR log Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-Dutch bf ad e mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-Dutch bf ad e neutral Internet Error 9C59 trying install when Explorer 10 code te mum does not match the actual file name f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e neutral mum does not match the actual file name f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-Dutch bf ad e mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-Dutch bf ad e neutral mum does not Error code 9C59 when trying te install Internet Explorer 10 match the actual file name f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e neutral mum does not match the actual file name Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS MUM Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-Dutch bf ad e mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-Dutch bf ad e mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-Dutch bf ad e cat servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e cat servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-Dutch bf ad e cat servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e cat I looked for them in the IE -Windows -x -nl-nl exe file but can't find them Also quite odd is that the windows-update file is about MB and the IE -Windows -x -nl-nl exe is only MB in size I've attached the CBS files to the post Hope you can help me Greetings Don

A:Error code 9C59 when trying te install Internet Explorer 10

The CheckSUR file 'errors' are perfectly normal for a Windows 7 IE10 install.
The differences in the file size are simply due to the fact that the nl-nl installer doesn't contain all the possible language variant, while the larger one does.

What interesting is that you are still attempting to install IE at all, since it appears to be already installed.

Please run SFC /SCANNOW, and post the resulting CBS.log file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/308003-error-code-9c59-when-trying-te-install-internet-explorer-10-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi. I am at the end of my tether with a failed IE11 update.
Medion Laptop, Core 2 Duo [email protected], 4GB RAM, Win 7 32-bit.
I have followed the MS knowledge base articles without success.

I have run SURT, which completed without incident or delay. SFC reports no integrity problems. All other updates are installed. It just seems to be IE11 that I have issue with.

IE8 is currently installed. CBS log files attached.
It would be great if you are able to assist.

Best regards. Ajay

A:Unable to install Internet Explorer 11 error code 9C59

I had to go back a bit to find what may be a relevant error...

Code:
Line 93075: 2014-06-21 14:08:03, Error CSI 0000050e (F) Unable to load manifest for component [ml:280{140},l:190{95}]"x86_microsoft-windows-rndis-usb-microport_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22248_none_c7613eb2ca1fd2b2"[gle=0x80004005]
Line 93076: 2014-06-21 14:08:03, Error CSI [email protected]/6/21:13:08:03.117 (F) d:\w7rtm\base\wcp\componentstore\storelayout.cpp(2714): Store corruption detected in function ComponentStore::CRawStoreLayout::FetchManifestContent expression: 0
Line 93078: 2014-06-21 14:08:04, Error CSI 00000510 (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(14098) #1206536# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction_EnumMissingFiles(Flags = 5, ppe = NULL)[gle=0x80073712]
Line 93079: 2014-06-21 14:08:04, Error CSI 00000511 (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(14098) #1206535# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction_ICSITransaction::EnumMissingFiles(flags = (ICSITRANSACTION_ENUMMISSINGFILES_FLAG_INCLUDE_FIELD_FILE_NAME|ICSITRANSACTION_ENUMMISSINGFILES_FLAG_INCLUDE_FIELD_DEFINITION_IDENTITY), ppe = NULL)
Line 93085: 2014-06-21 14:08:04, Error CBS Failed to pre- stage package, package: Package_2_for_KB2807986~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.2 [HRESULT = 0x80073712 - ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT]
It's odd that this doesn't show in the CheckSUR log.

Let's take a look at the store...

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/335503-unable-install-internet-explorer-11-error-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have been looking around trying to find a fix for this issue, and no matter how hard I try, I cant get it to work. I need IE to update so I can get the upgrade to Windows 10.

Can someone who knows how to fix this error please help me and walk me through fixing it?

A:Internet Explorer 11 update failed error code 9c59

Hi Khaz, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Read through this MS website & see if there ia anything there that could help.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2872074

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377738-internet-explorer-11-update-failed-error-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Why am I continuing to receive Windows Update Error C To Whom It May Concern I am receiving Update Error C which according to my update history is Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Installation date AM Installation status Failed Error details Code C Update type Important Download the fast and fluid browser recommended for Windows Internet Explorer Fast and fluid Windows error 9C48 update for Windows Fast Fast at loading sites and fluid as you navigate through them Easy Seamless with Windows it just works the way you want Safer Better protection from threats and increased privacy online More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Windows update error 9C48 I have received this error beginning thru Present When attempting to run the update on March it again failed Attempting to open Internet Explorer it now defaults to a page called portalsites com I have attempted to reassert Internet Explorer as my home page and as my default menu but I can not change either The portalsites com page is still changing my settings Also I continue to receive pop up messages stating internet explorer has stopped working followed by this web page caused this program to shut down What actions do I need to take to resolve the issue I need your expertise and knowledge please I have attached a copy of the thread I was getting MS MVP support from It is very detailed as to my problem and my attempts to correct with the MS rep http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -windows update why-am-i-continuing-to-receive-windows-update c - b - d - d- fefe Windows update error 9C48 page amp msgId b c-e - c - df- e f

A:Windows update error 9C48

Follow the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help from item 6.  Once you have posted your log, please pay particular attention to the advice in item 8 - the response time may be less than that quoted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526542/windows-update-error-9c48/
Relevancy 66.65%

I did the SURT & the SFC scan and have attached the requested files. An additional note is that my system has been very slow with all browsers. Any help is very much appreciated.

A:Code 9c48 update won't install

This could be the source of your problems.

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2761451~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2761451~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
I'll post a fix for it in a bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/280865-code-9c48-update-wont-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

While trying to perform windows updates on my laptop I received 800B0100 and 9C48 error codes. I have attached the CBS log. Please help me.

A:Windows Update Error 800B0100 and 9C48

Here's the error listing from your CheckSUR report.

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20534_none_7445eb2820c0e93a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16434_none_73bc4e5d07a34970.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20534_none_bcc3b658784afaae.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-winsockautodialstub_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16434_none_64c1407a30738b31.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-winsockautodialstub_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.20534_none_654add4549912afb.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2559049~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.3.cat
I'll post a fix for those in the morning if I can wake up in time

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312213-windows-update-error-800b0100-9c48.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Problem originally started when trying to complete a Windows Update to install IE10 -- had connection issues due to my router and needless to say, the install failed... miserably. Kept trying to reinstall IE10 through Windows Update, and also manually, to no avail.

Strangely enough, I could open IE, though not be able to use any of the toolbar menus or type in any address in the URL bar without it crashing.

IE10 was not showing in the installed update list, however IE9 was. Tried uninstalling IE9 and have gotten myself into an even bigger mess. Now, IE10 IS showing in the installed update list but the system is requesting that I install IE9. Still fails just as before with the resulting 'Code 9C48'. Can also still open IE but get the same type of crash as before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Win 7 - IE9 & IE10 update failure (Code 9C48)

You have some major registry corruption.

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 1923
Found 586 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 2
CSI Missing Winning Component Key Total count: 584
This seems to be a fairly comprehensive listing of the IE9 entries.

It's not feasible to attempt to fix that manually - your only real option is going to be a repair install of Windows, followed by reinstalling IE9, and updating fully before attempting IE10 again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/299268-win-7-ie9-ie10-update-failure-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi to all!

My problem is very similar to many others, described on the forum. So, while updating IE 10 through Windows Update Center I've got error with code 9C48. Here is what I have in event viewer: "Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7" That is the only one updating, that cuoldn't be installed, all of the others updates installing successfuly. I try to do everything, but nothing helps=(

I make a zip copy of CBS folder, and attached it to post. I will be grateful for any help! Thanks in advence!
Paul

A:IE10 updating failed, code 9c48

The SFC scan found the following problems...

Code:
Line 3390: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 00000250 [SR] Repairing 11 (0x0000000b) components
Line 3391: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 00000251 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 3394: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 00000253 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"inetcpl.cpl" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-InternetControlPanel, Version = 10.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3397: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 00000255 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"ieproxy.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-IEProxy, Version = 10.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3400: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 00000257 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:30{15}]"mshtmlmedia.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRenderingMedia, Version = 10.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3403: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 00000259 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"webcheck.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-OfflineFavorites, Version = 10.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3406: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 0000025b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"icardie.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-Infocard, Version = 10.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3409: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 0000025d [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"iedkcs32.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-AdminKitBranding, Version = 10.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3412: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 0000025f [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"install.ins" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-AdminKitBranding, Version = 10.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3415: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 00000261 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"licmgr10.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-Controls, Version = 10.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3418: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 00000263 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"iesetup.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-Setup-Support, Version = 10.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3421: 2013-08-10 19:40:47, Info CSI 00000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300740-ie10-updating-failed-code-9c48.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys I'm having an issue in my week old installation of Win x Home Premium Things seem to run OK in general and most Windows Updates install just fine but there are updates which I have so far been unable to install There's an Important update Error to trying item Windows install when 7 x64 IE10 9C48 listed to install IE and an optional one listed for IE The odd Error 9C48 when trying to install IE10 item Windows 7 x64 thing is I have IE already installed The error code I get when trying to install these updates or even just the IE one as in the image below is C Attachment I ran the SURT tool and the SFC scan no errors found as far as I can tell then created CBS zip but it was too large MB for attaching here so I uploaded to my Dropbox account here https www dropbox com s wd llupy odyb CBS zip Any ideas on where to go from here Should I just hide the IE update in Windows Update even though it's important Thanks for any help you can offer -Eli

A:Error 9C48 when trying to install IE10 item Windows 7 x64

Thanks for taking the initiative and uploading the full archive!
The 9C48 error is relatively rare - hopefully it means that it will be easy to fix

Here's the error from the CheckSUR report...

Code:
(w) Unable to get system disk properties 0x0000045D IOCTL_STORAGE_QUERY_PROPERTY Disk Cache
...and here's what may be a clue in the background CBS data (the SFC scan was clear)

Code:
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Perf: Stage chain started.
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CSI [email protected]/3/27:14:27:10.176 CSI Transaction @0x23fcca0 initialized for deployment engine {d16d444c-56d8-11d5-882d-0080c847b195} with flags 00000002 and client id [65]"TI2.0_0:0/Package_1_for_KB2834140~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0"
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: Staging Package: Package_1_for_KB2834140~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0, Update: 2834140-1_neutral_LDR
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: Staging Package: Package_1_for_KB2834140~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0, Update: 2834140-1_neutral_LDR, PinDeployment: amd64_625642d59cbd9b78ffba236f626be496_31bf3856ad364e35_7.1.7601.22313_none_43c43e854bf640c0
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: Staging Package: Package_1_for_KB2834140~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0, Update: 2834140-2_neutral_GDR
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: Staging Package: Package_1_for_KB2834140~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0, Update: 2834140-2_neutral_GDR, PinDeployment: amd64_dd5c53d2d61e65bdc0f21e7393b667dc_31bf3856ad364e35_7.1.7601.18142_none_b02a69e93371bf1f
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: This is a PSF Package. Job has been saved and we are returning to client.
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CSI [email protected]/3/27:14:27:10.379 CSI Transaction @0x23fcca0 destroyed
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Exec: DPX job state saved for one or more packages, aborting the staging and install of execution.
2014-03-27 10:27:10, Info CBS Perf: Stage chain complete.
I need to do some research to work out how to approach this - but in the meantime, I think a CHKDSK would be a good idea...

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right-click on the Command Prompt entry
Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type
CHKDSK C: /R
and hit the Enter key.

You will be told that the drive is locked,
and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key, and then reboot.
The chkdsk will take a few hours depending on the size of the drive, so be patient!
After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally (possibly after a second auto-reboot) -

The results can be found in the Event Viewer - as an event from the WININIT source, in the Windows Logs > Applications folder.
Copy and paste the results to your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/326650-error-9c48-when-trying-install-ie10-item-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 65.79%

IE 9 is already installed. But windows update says that an optional update is to install IE 9. When I try to apply the update, I get error code 9C48. Attached are the requested files to troubleshoot the problem.

I have tried everything I could find on the internet from changing permissions in the registry to manually deleting files in the command line.

The sfc /scannow returned with no exceptions found.

Please help, thanks in advance...

A:IE9 already installed but windows updates wants to install. Error 9C48

Hi, it has been 5 days since I posted here. Am I missing something? How long does it usually take to get a reply?

Thanks again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300437-ie9-already-installed-but-windows-updates-wants-install-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I im trying to help a friend with his computer It tries to install these updates but it fails every time The computer is running Win bit Antivirus is MSS and Windows codes: and fails. updates & 800B0100 SP1 9 7 9C48 Error IE I have tried to turn off quot Real Time Protection quot Have also scanned the computer for malware with mbam combofix and Hitman Pro I have tried several times Also in Clean Boot I have also tried to uninstall Explorer both automatically and manually with no luck The first time i ran the System Update Readiness Tool the logs pointed me towards KB I downloaded this pack and expanded the mum and the cat files to Servicing Packages folder and then ran the SURT again This time Windows 7 SP1 and IE 9 updates fails. Error codes: 9C48 & 800B0100 it fixed most of the errors but the errors in the log below remains I have tried to download the files both in English and Norwegian version with no luck Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS MUM Corrupt Total count CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat The sfc scannow gives me info about problems with some files but is not able to fix them Please see attached logfiles Any hints is highly appreciated as I am about to give up now - BR Stefan Attachment

A:Windows 7 SP1 and IE 9 updates fails. Error codes: 9C48 & 800B0100

Hello Stefan,

SFC has detected a corrupt IE9 component, so I'm hoping that's the cause of the 9C48! Your 0x800B0100 is really easy to fix though

Code:
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f4 [SR] Repairing 1 components
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f5 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f6 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16476_none_2b91a7303c93d6f9\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
Found: {l:32 b:4En8FhvcAG3Ct2c/BaKK5640W5y6Wk9Qr/gE9QFwJ7E=} Expected: {l:32 b:VoO39KrqPaQa1fo6GCNd7e3yPabt+mQA4Xv9Y4sw70M=}
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f7 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 9.4.8112.16476, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001f8 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16476_none_2b91a7303c93d6f9\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
Found: {l:32 b:4En8FhvcAG3Ct2c/BaKK5640W5y6Wk9Qr/gE9QFwJ7E=} Expected: {l:32 b:VoO39KrqPaQa1fo6GCNd7e3yPabt+mQA4Xv9Y4sw70M=}
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001f9 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 9.4.8112.16476, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fa [SR] This component was referenced by [l:152{76}]"Package_2_for_KB2817183~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.2817183-28_neutral_GDR"
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fb Hashes for file member \??\C:\windows\System32\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fc Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16476_none_2b91a7303c93d6f9\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fd [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb"; source file in store is also corrupted
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fe Repair results created:
I need to hunt down this file, but I'll fix your 800B0100 now:
Windows Update Package Replacement
Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

Please download the attached file, Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.
Right-click on the file and select Extract All...
Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click Extract
A window will open showing two folders, Manifests and Packages
Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)
C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\Manifests

Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)
C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages

Run the System Upd... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300150-windows-7-sp1-ie-9-updates-fails-error-codes-9c48-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.93%

A couple of months ago this system had problems with KB which when installed would cause all MSI files to fail to install In the process of fixing that I used System Restore several times to roll back to different points After I discovered it was KB and uninstalled it things were fine Until it reinstalled itself again later and I had to remove it again This month Windows Update would never finish checking for updates I went into Add Remove Programs to see if KB had installed itself Windows Redected Error 9C48; KB2871997 Update IE11 Always again but that listed no installed updates I tried SFC scannow and it wouldn't run I tried Windows Update IE11 Error 9C48; KB2871997 Always Redected System Restore and it didn't help I manually created HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Component Based Servicing Version according to this Windows Modules Installer Error - Microsoft Community and then things started to work Windows Update SFC and updates being listed in Add Remove Programs - though only a few were listed Now an optional update IE refuses to install - it gives error code C IE is already installed Additionally KB succeeds but keeps showing up It also doesn't seem like I got the latest batch of patches - only a few items were listed Windows Update IE11 Error 9C48; KB2871997 Always Redected when I checked for updates though I'm not sure about this CBS zip attached The CBS directory has cab files that aren't included they make the zip file greater than the MB limit CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab CbsPersist cab From my brief look at the log it looks like there are more registry keys that are missing broken sfc scannow reported no integrity violations Thanks

A:Windows Update IE11 Error 9C48; KB2871997 Always Redected

The CheckSUR log shows this error...

Code:
Checking Package Watchlist
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x00000002 Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\PackageDetect Failed to open store key
SFC/CBS shows the following error...

Code:
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Fallback code servicing stack search path during setup...
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS TI found cbscore.dll at: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Failed to load Core DLL from path: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1\cbscore.dll [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Failed to initialize CBS Core. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Failed to initialize Trusted Installer. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller finalization.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Trusted Installer core was not initialized.
2014-11-12 21:02:30, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller finalization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Fallback code servicing stack search path during setup...
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS TI found cbscore.dll at: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Failed to load Core DLL from path: C:\Windows\servicing\0.0.0.1\cbscore.dll [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Failed to initialize CBS Core. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Failed to initialize Trusted Installer. [HRESULT = 0x8007007e - ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND]
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller finalization.
2014-11-12 21:02:53, Info CBS Trusted Installer core was not initialized.
I suspect that your system is beyond manual repair - and therefore suggest that you attempt a repair install of the OS
See the instructions here... Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352098-windows-update-ie11-error-9c48-kb2871997-always-redected.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Greetings fellow Windows enthusiasts I was asked to update our Windows R server from IE to IE and it will not install properly nbsp I have looked up several solutions to this issue so far nothing has worked I disabled McAfee HBSS in safe mode restarted the PC and tried to run Windows Update managed by a WSUS server update/install Server an 2008 11 How R2 9C49? after or Internet can Microsoft error fails 9C47 on getting you code it Explorer nbsp The update gets approved and pushed out to the R server nbsp It downloads IE tries to install then fails How can you update/install Internet Explorer 11 on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 after it fails getting an error code 9C47 or 9C49? errors-out at the last second nbsp I have tried this a few times rebooted and either get error code C or C nbsp Some of the fixes I have tried How can you update/install Internet Explorer 11 on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 after it fails getting an error code 9C47 or 9C49? I turned of internet connectivity and the anti-virus that did not workI tried the Windows Update repair tool that did not work nbsp I tried the Windows System Readiness tool that did not work nbsp nbsp I tried to scan the system files for errors with sfc scannow and that did not work nbsp I tried installing the other updates first restarting and it still fails nbsp I removed the server from WSUS and re-added it and it will not update nbsp nbsp I tried the stand-alone IE installer and it fails at the very last step and then gives me an error with a link to troubleshoot IE installations nbsp nbsp I have uninstalled IE and now am totally stuck with the absolutely horrible experience of IE nbsp SURT returns no errorsSFC returns no errors Technical information I have checked the Windows Update log file the last errors that I found were as follows - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp b CSI Transaction x be initialized for deployment engine d d c- d - d - d- c b with flags and client id quot TI Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package-TopLevel bf ad e amd quot - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Exec Resolving Package Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-VistaPlus-Update bf ad e amd Update Internet-Explorer-amd - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Exec Resolving Package Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-VistaPlus-Update bf ad e amd Update Internet-Explorer-amd PinDeployment amd microsoft-windows-i explorer-deployment bf ad e none e e - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp c Performing operations are not lock unlock and follow nbsp AddCat flags catfile x b - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp d Performing operations are not lock unlock and follow nbsp Stage flags app Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Deployment Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral comp null man x b - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp e Stage component failed manifest does not match previously staged manifest for identity - - Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp f F d win sp gdr base wcp componentstore csd transact cpp Error STATUS SXS MANIFEST IDENTITY SAME BUT CONTENTS DIFFERENT originated in function CCSDirectTransaction StageComponent expression null gle x - - Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp F STATUS SXS MANIFEST IDENTITY SAME BUT CONTENTS DIFFERENT from CCSDirectTransaction OperateEnding at index of operations disposition gle xd c ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b3ec5e92-9b91-486b-a422-799aa18a7128/how-can-you-updateinstall-internet-explorer-11-on-microsoft-server-2008-r2-after-it-fails-getting?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 63.21%

Internet Explorer fails to install on Microsoft Server R amp repeatedly generates error code C or C Explorer 9C49 to Server 2008 11 on error install generates or Microsoft fails R2 code Internet & 9C47 repeatedly Greetings I was asked to update our Windows R server from IE to IE and it will not install properly nbsp I have looked up several solutions to this issue so far nothing has worked I disabled McAfee HBSS in safe mode restarted the PC and tried to run Windows Update managed by a WSUS server nbsp The update gets approved and pushed out Internet Explorer 11 fails to install on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 & repeatedly generates error code 9C47 or 9C49 to the R server nbsp It downloads IE tries to install then fails errors-out at the last second I have tried this a few Internet Explorer 11 fails to install on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 & repeatedly generates error code 9C47 or 9C49 times rebooted and either get error code C or C Some of the suggested fixes I have tried I turned of internet connectivity and the anti-virus I tried the Windows Update repair tool I tried the Windows System Readiness tool I tried to scan the system files for errors with sfc scannow I tried installing the other updates first restarting and it still fails nbsp I removed the server listing from the WSUS server and re-added it and it will not update nbsp Internet Explorer 11 fails to install on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 & repeatedly generates error code 9C47 or 9C49 nbsp I tried the stand-alone IE installer and it fails at the very last step and then gives me an error with a link to troubleshoot IE installations nbsp nbsp I have uninstalled IE and now am stuck with Internet Explorer RT returns no errors SFC returns no errors None of the recommendations have worked so far nbsp If there is anyone who has any other suggestions it would be much appreciated Thank you kindly nbsp nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f0af41a-e099-46c5-af9f-dcf2d83336c6/internet-explorer-11-fails-to-install-on-microsoft-server-2008-r2-amp-repeatedly-generates-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 63.21%

Stuck on Internet Explorer 10, can't update to IE 11 due to 9C48 error.

A:IE 11 Windows Update error 9C48 with Windows 7 SP1 x64

Also Windows update only shows the IE 10 update not IE 11 even though 10 is fully installed and updated. Attached is the CBS folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346973-ie-11-windows-update-error-9c48-windows-7-sp1-x64.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I was able to map this onedrive account https://d.docs.live.net/9E131EC8A0Axxxxx to Windows Explorer, but I wasn't able to map this onedrive https://d.docs.live.net/40a012e4544xxxxx.

I kept getting error code: 0x80070043 and the log file shows "System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not found.". Then I make sure all securities setting like app password, two-way verification are disabled on https://d.docs.live.net/40a012e4544xxxxx.
But still no luck.
Please kindly help me to resolve this issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d059f0fa-f738-4043-9b56-2b30914ebad6/unable-to-map-onedrive-to-windows-explorer-in-windows-7-return-with-error-code-0x80070043?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm running Windows 7 x86_64 architecture, and I am trying to install Internet Explorer 10 via the Windows Update service (currently I have Internet Explorer 8 installed). This update is continually failing with a 9C59 error (screenshot attached). I have tried to update to Internet Explorer 10 manually via the .exe to install Internet Explorer 10 and it also fails (as does, IE 9).

I have also attached the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS directory as a .zip file. From this, it seems as though some repair files are missing, although I can't quite figure out where these are supposed to be, or from which package/update they should have been installed from.

Any help appreciated,
Jon

A:Windows Update failed to install Internet Explorer 10 - Code 9C59

The problem seems to be very deep-rooted.
There are C results in your files - but the CBS.log reveals the following error

Code:
Pin (3): flags: 0 tlc: [Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Base-Deployment-Downlevel-LanguagePack, Version = 6.2.9200.16521, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral]) ref: ( flgs: 00000000 guid: {d16d444c-56d8-11d5-882d-0080c847b195} name: [l:326{163}]"Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Package-Base-Downlevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.2.9200.16521.Microsoft-Windows-ImageBasedSetup-IE-Package-Base-Downlevel" ncdata: [l:0]"") thumbprint: [l:128{64}]"b691ff0ae0d6ef5035b67c9f9e97a062dc3a88fbf6e1a144209c26be94d5ccd2"
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CSI 00000024 Component change list:
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CSI 00000025 Couldn't find the hash of component: Microsoft-Windows-IE-IEShims, Version = 10.2.9200.16635, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the catalog [l:192{96}]"\SystemRoot\WinSxS\Catalogs\41f8d72a79f78879f1562ac60358fe1bb87d573fa345bf3a7a35765e101ce5ef.cat".
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI [email protected]/8/9:10:59:20.258 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\componentstore\csd_winners.cpp(1302): Error 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] originated in function CCSDirectTransaction::AddImplicationsToCatalogsAndVerifyComponentHashes expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 00000027 (F) 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] #154986# from CCSDirectTransaction::PrepareForCommit(...)[gle=0x90092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 00000028 (F) 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] #154985# from CCSDirectTransaction::ExamineTransaction(...)[gle=0x90092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 00000029 (F) 80092004 [Warning,Facility=FACILITY_NTSSPI,Code=8196 (0x2004)] #154984# from CCSDirectTransaction_IRtlTransaction::ExamineTransaction(...)[gle=0x90092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 0000002a (F) CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND #154736# from Windows::COM::CPendingTransaction::IStorePendingTransaction_Analyze(...)[gle=0x80092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 0000002b (F) CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND #154213# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction_Commit(Flags = 38 (0x00000026), pSink = NULL, disp = 0, coldpatching = FALSE)[gle=0x80092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CSI 0000002c (F) CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND #154212# 361514 us from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction_ICSITransaction::Commit(flags = 0x00000026, pSink = NULL, disp = 0)
[gle=0x80092004]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CBS Exec: Failed to commit CSI transaction to resolve execution chain. [HRESULT = 0x80092004 - CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CSI [email protected]/8/9:10:59:20.386 CSI Transaction @0x1fb9c90 destroyed
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CBS Perf: Resolve chain complete.
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Info CBS Failed to resolve execution chain. [HRESULT = 0x80092004 - CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND]
2013-08-09 18:59:20, Error CBS Failed to process single phase execution. [HRESULT = 0x80092004 - CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND]
It's an error type that I would have expected CheckSUR to find - but it appears to miss it.

I;m not sure whether it's a registry error or a file srror at this point - and I can't do much until at least Friday evening (Tom, please take that as an invite to take over! )

I'll be back when I can - post back if you don't hear from me by Saturday

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300610-windows-update-failed-install-internet-explorer-10-code-9c59.html
Relevancy 60.63%

hi there,

everytime i open internet explorer or netscape and click the FAVORITES on my other computer, it close automatically and popup a "sending report error"

i disabled error reporting services already but everytime i try to open the "windows explorer, internet explorer and netscape, it shows the sending error report. can't open the applications (IE, netscape and windows explorer)

i also try to run adaware and spybot but it hung at the middle of the process (frozen)

please help.

thanks

A:internet explorer, windows explorer and netscape sending report error

hi, welcome to TSG.

Download hijack this from the link below.Please do this. Click here:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

to download HijackThis. Click scan and save a logfile, then post it here so
we can take a look at it for you. Don't click fix on anything in hijack this
as most of the files are legitimate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-windows-explorer-and-netscape-sending-report-error.452099/
Relevancy 60.2%

Dear Tech guys I badly need your support Day before yesterday -Aug- night I upgraded the yahoo toolbar and used their norton Error related Windows to Internet Explorer) Runtime Explorer (not anti spy to scan Then I shut down the system and started to work the next day Every thing is perfectly ok except for one thing In Windows Explorer on any folder or drive if I double click or open I get a crash If I do explore then there is no problem Windows Explorer Runtime Error (not related to Internet Explorer) Below is the dialog Windows Explorer Runtime Error (not related to Internet Explorer) that comes whenever we double click or open for eg on C or any folder in the left side pane of the windows explorer If I just keep expanding the of the tree no problem only on clicking the item to open the following error occurs Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library program C Windows Explorer Windows Explorer Runtime Error (not related to Internet Explorer) exe This Application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the application s support team for more information I am running on Windows XP SP I dont have google toolbar I have yahoo tool bar installed I have tried uninstalling it and installing it again and other combinations as well I have also tried sfc scannow as well It did not work It doesnt look like any adware or spyware yahoo s norton spyware had done a complete run and no problems in the system as reported by them What should I do now to get back to normal operation of windows explorer Thanks and Regards Naga Kumar S nbsp

A:Windows Explorer Runtime Error (not related to Internet Explorer)

I would un-install the Yahoo Toolbar and then put Google Toolbar in, Then I would try to download .NET framework 2.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6b-356b-4a2c-857c-e62f50ae9a55&displaylang=en

and install it. If it tells you that you already have it re-install it anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-runtime-error-not-related-to-internet-explorer.498005/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm running a Windows Professional machine from which I remotely administer several networks that I nbsp constructed and manage nbsp I've been connecting computers together professionally nbsp since nbsp Hopefully that will alleviate the necessity for anyone to nbsp ask me if I've checked my internet connection This machine performs flawlessly except nbsp for the nbsp built-in Windows internet games It is unpredictable whether Code Fail 7 Internet Windows 0x8004100x Error with Games or not I will be able to successfully play a game of Internet Spades or Backgammon I haven't tried the other games nbsp One moment it will connect to the game server find players and connect to the game but fail to start the game nbsp If I try again it will start the game within a nbsp couple seconds nbsp Then again it may hang Windows 7 Internet Games Fail with Error Code 0x8004100x while connecting to the server or to the game nbsp But on nbsp many days I can only play a game about half the time that I attempt to nbsp The rest of the time I get this error quot A network error occurred while communicating with the game server quot Error Code x quot On nbsp some occasions the error code is x or x nbsp This happens whether I am doing anything else with my connection or not nbsp I might be listening to Pandora nbsp or watching a live nbsp news stream but I can't play Spades nbsp I might be able to play Internet nbsp Backgammon just fine but not Spades or seemingly nbsp less often vice versa These errors nbsp occur on other Windows nbsp computers on other networks nbsp that I use too nbsp For instance my son can play World of Warcraft on our home network nbsp just fine nbsp But on any Windows machine at home work or on my clients' networks nbsp Internet Spades nbsp often nbsp fails to connect to its server nbsp I should mention that nbsp two nbsp Windows XP nbsp notebooks have no problem with nbsp their internet games on either my work home or clients' nbsp networks The only things that these networks have in common is me and they are all behind ISA Server nbsp firewalls but none of the client machines use the proxy or caching nbsp services of the firewalls nbsp They don't even use the ISA Server client software I have never seen a gaming network with more unreliable performance -- whatever the reason Will I simply have to accept that these games always will be unreliable

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4c131748-b9e7-4d48-90ef-6b4fe583bdfb/windows-7-internet-games-fail-with-error-code-0x8004100x?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

The internet connection on windows 7 Toshiba laptop is not working or registering at all. I get an error code when I try to troubleshoot. The error code is 0x8007045A

A:internet connection on windows 7 not working error code 0x8007045A

First and foremost, what does the Network Icon at the bottom right part of the screen look like? Typically, if you have a solid internet connection the icon will be white. If you have limited network access it's yellow, and if no connection at all ( typically because of no media) it would be red.
Start by running an ipconfig in command prompt. To do this: Click the Start button -> Search for "cmd' -> double click to open the command prompt. Run the commands below.

cd desktop
ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt
ipconfig.txt

Copy and Paste the contents of ipconfig.txt in a reply to this thread + an answer to the first question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-on-windows-7-not-working-error-code-0x8007045a.1147202/
Relevancy 59.34%

Having seen thousands with same complaint, I have discovered that from 3 to 6am gmt, there is little or no problem.  After that it is almost impossible to load an MS internet game, or if loads, then crashes with the same error message...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1e423bec-1ab9-408a-9876-30a455641cfc/windows-7-internet-games-fail-with-error-code-0x8004100x?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

What is going on with Win7 internet game server?  
MS Internet Games on my win7 64 either won't load (error 0x80041004) or are dropped during the game play  (0x80041006). 
'Clean boot', reinstalling the programs have no effect.
 This is big problem, reported by MANY people.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/de8fb7b9-5f90-47da-a54e-6d89ee5175b0/windows-7-internet-games-fail-with-error-code-0x8004100x?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.91%

Attachment 259509
i cant install one important update. apears error 9C48.
please help me. thank you in advance.
i tryed many solution but nothing has solved the problam. also the fix it. and i cant uninstall the IE9 it writes that i dont have this access.

A:error 9c48

Hello Sakis and welcome to the forums

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again
When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/282482-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 58.48%

trying to install IE 11 64-bit on Win7 64bit , problem is that IE11 is already installed and working perfectly
also there's an error with a start up install with some program , i tried to install the AsusAi program and it required a restart so i did that and ow i'm getting 3 error messages after every restart

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I am getting an error 9c48 when trying to update to IE 11. I have attached the CBS log and ran SFC Scan 2 times. I will run one more after posting here and will respond in 1 hour if that made a difference. I hope I hit everything that was in the instructions. Thank you.

Computer Specs:
HP dc5750 SFF
2.00 gb RAM
80gb HDD
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

A:IE 11 on Win 7 32-bit not updating: Error 9c48

I can't see any signs of having run the CheckSUR tool??

There are a large number of registry problems in the CBSPersist files which should by highlighted by CheckSUR - please run the tool, and post the resulting logs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344827-ie-11-win-7-32-bit-not-updating-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

This is a Win7-64bit SP1 fully patched, except for IE11 not yet installed.

I have tried the standalone 64-bit installer (IE11-Windows6.1-x64-en-us) to no avail.

I would love to upload the entire CBS folder but it creates a ZIP larger than the allowed 8M. Therefore, I am including only the CheckSUR.log file.

Thanks!

A:Error 9C48 when installing IE 11-64 bit

CheckSUR is showing the following problems...

Code:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16576_none_262a5b2054507f3e.manifest amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16576_none_262a5b2054507f3e
(f) CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16614_none_c5712f5ffd011d83.manifest amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16614_none_c5712f5ffd011d83
(f) CSI Manifest and S256H Do Not Match 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..explorer-deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16521_none_cba0e8fb897ea591.manifest amd64_microsoft-windows-i..explorer-deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16521_none_cba0e8fb897ea591

winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16576_none_262a5b2054507f3e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16614_none_c5712f5ffd011d83.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..explorer-deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16521_none_cba0e8fb897ea591.manifest
I'll post a fix protocol when I can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/325331-error-9c48-when-installing-ie-11-64-bit.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have an update "Windows Explorer 9 for Windows 7" update which terminates with the error code 9C48.
I have looked at a lot of fixes on the Web & this Forum and none seem to work.

I have tried the Command line prompt -:FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*9.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"

Also
"Control Panel/Programs/Progs & Features/Installed Update " but get a msg "Error Occured"

I have also tried the "Fix it" but get "Access Denied" although I have Administrator Status

IE 9 seems to be working ok but I am concerned I may not be getting security updates.

Any Help would be appreciated

Regards John

A:IE update Error 9C48

I dread to think what state your machine is in after those commands

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/274891-ie-update-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 58.05%

This is the second posting for this issue. I can't download and update my Windows updates. Each time I try I get the error code: 80072F78, which after I Googled the code apparently means that my computer's time and date are wrong. I checked and the time and zone are correct. However, whenever I try to sync the time with the Internet, e.g., "time.Windows.com" or any of the other available options, I get a message "An error occurred when Windows was synchronizing with .... The peer is unresolved." Is this problem not allowing me to update Windows? I also Googled this and discovered that "time.Windows.com" has been broken before. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Error Code 80072F78 = Bad Internet Time Sync = No Windows Updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-code-80072f78-bad-internet-time-sync-no-windows-updates.691399/
Relevancy 57.62%

I get an error 9C48 when trying to update IE9 on win7 64bit.

A:Error 9C48 with IE9 update on win7 64

The CheckSUR log shows the following problems....

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2744842~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
The background errors in the CBS log agree.
I'll post a fix when I can - hopefully tomorrow

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300944-error-9c48-ie9-update-win7-64-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi and thank you in advance for your help I work for a school and am having an issue with IE on many machines I just imaged IE will not go to internal intranet links 9c48 x64 update failing 11 Error IE and is many times not loading or slowly loading pages I read in another forum to uninstall the IE update I did this on one computer rebooted then tried to manually install IE However that didn't work So I let it do IE 11 x64 update failing Error 9c48 updates It pulled down IE IE and IE in windows updater I performed the updates times each time with one failing until I am at the final update which is IE and it fails I performed a registry fix using CCleaner but no dice I have seen on some other threads here that after running the CheckSUR tool there has been a fix given I was wondering if this is something I need to do for every machine about or if there is a way I can fix it myself Thanks for any help Machine Specs HP Compaq DC CMT Win pro x gb RAM gb Seagate HD NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Card Intel Core Duo Microsoft Forefront Endpoint

A:IE 11 x64 update failing Error 9c48

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343984-ie-11-x64-update-failing-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I got this windows IE9 update 36.7 mb, but no matter what I do the update fails after restore point is created. It seems I got the same problem as here: Update fails with error code 9C48. - Microsoft Answers but it keeps failing. I tried disabling my Avast AV but no luck. Any ideas how to fix this?

A:IE9 W7 64-bit update keeps failing (error 9C48)

Hello mystvearn

Sorry you seem to have been missed. Have you checked the Prerequisites before installing IE9 - Prerequisites for installing Internet Explorer 9 and also here - Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install Internet Explorer 9.
Also run the system file checker just incase there are any system errors - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker.

It may also be worth trying the offline installer from here - Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 64-bit Edition and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit Edition

Regards Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184627-ie9-w7-64-bit-update-keeps-failing-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Ive recently bought a new laptop and I installed all the drivers I got and I also update everything via Windows Update except this IE 11 update.

I cant install it at all. Any solution?

A:IE 11 update fails. Error: 9C48

Well; the ie11 was really designed for windows 8; and therefore ie 11 can be installed on windows 7. That might be why you cant install it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/332945-ie-11-update-fails-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 57.62%

IE 10 update fails with this error.

I've run the system Readiness tool and sfc scan. Here is the link to CBS.zip: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=2d591...D0AAB31F!97820

Can you help please?

A:WU Error 9c48 when installing IE10

Your CheckSUR report looks as if every possible Winning Component Key for IE10 has gone missing.

I don't think there's anything we can do by way of a manual repair for this number of this type of error - we'll have to try removing all the bits of IE10 that are currently sitting there, and then see if we can reinstall it.

Open an Elevated Command Prompt and copy the following command into it:

Code:

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*10.*.mum/c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr/up:@fname /quiet /norestart

and then press Enter.

Wait for the command to finish and the prompt to return, then restart the machine.

Run the CheckSUR tool again and post the new log.

Here are some instructions to make lifeeasier

1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs,Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run asAdministrator. Accept the UAC prompt.

2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on thehighlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at topleft – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the lastcommand, so hit the Enter Key once.

3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit...'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to pasteit into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351691-wu-error-9c48-when-installing-ie10.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Computer model: Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
Processor: Intel Core i5-2540M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60GHz
RAM: 4 GB (3.89 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit

CBS Log
CBS.zip - Google Drive

I ran the SURT tool Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x64.msu.
Ran fine, no problem.

Ran sfc /scannow
"Verification 100%"
"Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

Also ran
Malwarebytes
JRT.exe
Adwcleaner
Hitmanpro_x64

I still get the "Windows Update Error, Error Code 80070643, Code 9C57"

A:Windows Update Error, Error Code 80070643, Code 9C57

Hi Qpuser,
lookin at your logs
couple of questions
Are you dual booting or have the OS on your D drive/partition.
can you also run, in following order

http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012
and sfc /scannow

copy/paste the results please.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402356-windows-update-error-error-code-80070643-code-9c57.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello all I've been having a similar problem to what has been addressed here already and I Update IE10 9C48 - Error Failed was hoping that I could get some help I am IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48 running IE on Windows Home Premium bit and haven't really been having any IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48 problems except that Windows keeps trying to update to IE and when I let the update run it fails with error code C I think the update keeps coming back because in Windows Features it only shows IE and in the installed updates it only shows IE IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48 I've tried uninstalling IE but there is nowhere to execute an uninstall command no version of IE shows up in the Remove Programs menu in Control Panel I would like for the auto update to go away because these three features are synched auto update windows features and installed updates rather than hiding the update and running the IE Update Blocker I have attached the CBS log and a screenshot of the error Thank you in advance Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment

A:IE10 Update Failed - Error 9C48

Both CheckSUR and SFC are free of problems - so we'll have to look elsewhere.

It may be a case of attempting to rip IE10 out by the roots...
command line uninstall IE10 on W7 may help with that.

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file and all IE*.log files

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/319452-ie10-update-failed-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 56.76%

HI all,

Just registered after seeing a similar thread on here to the issue I have.

I have a laptop with 7 Home premium 64 bit SP1 that is up to date with the exception of an IE9 update that refuses to install at all.

Have tried various different methods but to no avail including attempting to remove IE9 and then try a reinstall.

Uninstall hasn't been possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachment 256916

Attachment 256917

A:Win7 64 Update failed Error 9C48

Hello adz76 and welcome to the forums

I've never seen a 9C48 error code from these problems before! Thank you for all of the logs, they are very helpful.

Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again
When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log
You will probably be shown the error code 0x8024200D after performing this fix, if so, please download and install the update from this link. It must be downloaded using Internet Explorer.

Download Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7 x64 Edition (KB2675157) from Official Microsoft Download Center

If you aren't shown an 8024200D, please let me know - it isn't an issue, I would just like to know for future reference.

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/279973-win7-64-update-failed-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello, I have just reinstalled Windows 7 Starter on my Asus Netbook. I have spent yesterday installing updates and there is one update that is giving trouble.

It is the update for IE11 for Win 7. It fails with the error code: 9C48

The only third party programs I've installed is Chrome

The CBS.zip file is over 9MB so the forum will not allow me to post it. The result from sfc /scannow was:

Code:
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
I could upload the zip to dropbox or Google Drive if that would help. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've uploaded the CBS zip to google drive. Link here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9b...it?usp=sharing

A:IE11 update error 9C48 Win 7 Starter

Hi and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Take a look at this tread on the same issue - Windows Update Failure Error Code 9C48 Unable to Fix. - Microsoft Community

Does this help?

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/339735-ie11-update-error-9c48-win-7-starter.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm having problems with a web page that I created with iWeb -- it views properly in all browsers except Internet Explorer The page in question is Home The specific issue is with the Sliding News menu on right-center of the page It is supposed to show different news articles but when you click on quot quot or quot quot it shows nothing In addition at the end of each article is the text quot read more quot that should hyperlink to another page but this doesn't even appear in Internet Explorer The code used is as follows lt style type quot text css quot gt a text-decoration none lt style gt lt script type quot text javascript quot src quot http ajax googleapis com ajax libs jquery jquery min js quot gt lt script gt lt script type quot text JavaScript quot gt document ready function ' button a' click function var integer this attr 'rel' ' myslide cover' animate left - parseInt integer - ' button a' each function this removeClass 'active' if this hasClass 'button' integer this addClass 'active' lt script gt lt style gt myslide width px overflow hidden position relative height px margin-bottom px myslide cover width px position absolute height px myslide mystuff width px height float left padding px button button button button button background C C C padding px display block float left margin-right px active background C C C padding px display block float left outline none clear clear both lt style gt lt div id quot button quot gt lt a class quot button active quot rel quot quot href quot quot onclick quot return false quot gt lt a gt lt a class quot button quot rel quot quot Explorer and Internet CSS code href quot quot onclick quot return false quot gt lt a gt lt a class quot button quot rel quot quot href quot quot onclick quot return false quot gt lt a Internet Explorer and CSS code gt lt a class quot button quot rel quot quot href quot quot onclick Internet Explorer and CSS code quot return false quot gt lt a gt lt a class quot button quot rel quot quot href quot quot onclick quot return false quot gt lt a gt lt div gt lt -- end of div button-- gt lt div class quot clear quot gt lt div gt lt div id quot myslide quot gt lt div class quot cover quot gt lt div class quot mystuff quot gt lt FONT SIZE quot quot COLOR quot C C C quot gt lt a style quot font-family Arial font-size px font-weight none color rgb quot gt Eagle Harbor Holdings Allowed Strategic Telematics Patent lt p gt BAINBRIDGE ISLAND WA -- Eagle Harbor Holdings LLC announced today the U S Patent and Trademark office has allowed patent application on a First Office Action allowance This particular patent is a crucial building block for the future of Telematics particularly lt a style quot color C C C quot href quot http www ehhllc com News Entries Eagle Harbor Holdings Allowed Strategic Telematics Patent html quot target quot blank quot gt read more lt div gt lt div class quot mystuff quot gt lt FONT SIZE quot quot COLOR quot C C C quot gt lt a style quot font-family Arial font-size px font-weight none color rgb quot gt EHH Grows Patent Portfolio with Key Patents Issued lt p gt BAINBRIDGE ISLAND WA -- Eagle Harbor Holdings LLC announced today that in the last days the U S Patent and Trademark office has issued the company six new patents and given Notice of Allowance on a seventh The primary focus of six of these new patents is home and vehicle lt a style quot color C C C quot href quot http www ehhllc com News Entries EHH Grows Patent Portfolio with Key Patents Issued html quot target quot blank quot gt read more lt div gt lt div class quot mystuff quot gt lt FONT SIZE quot quot COLOR quot C C C quot gt lt a style quot font-family Arial font-size px font-weight none color rgb quot gt Ford Sued Over Patents for System That Allows Drivers to Connect Electronic Devices lt p gt DETROIT - The Ford Motor Company's chief executive Alan R Mulally has been fond of saying that Ford is quot more than just a car company - we're also a technology company quot High-tech amenities ... Read more

A:Internet Explorer and CSS code

Hi buddy... Welcome ashore

I am on IE6 (Using MyIE2) and it displays CORRECTLY HERE!

This is #1

Eagle Harbor Holdings Allowed Strategic Telematics Patent
BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, WA -- Eagle Harbor Holdings, LLC announced today the U.S. Patent and Trademark office has allowed patent application 12/880,773 on a First Office Action allowance. This particular patent is a crucial building block for the future of Telematics, particularly?(read more)

EHH Grows Patent Portfolio with 7 Key Patents Issued
BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, WA -- Eagle Harbor Holdings, LLC announced today that in the last 30 days the U.S. Patent and Trademark office has issued the company six new patents, and given Notice of Allowance on a seventh. The primary focus of six of these new patents is home and vehicle?(read more)

Ford Sued Over Patents for System That Allows Drivers to Connect Electronic Devices
DETROIT - The Ford Motor Company's chief executive, Alan R. Mulally, has been fond of saying that Ford is "more than just a car company - we're also a technology company." High-tech amenities, like the popular Ford?(read more)

Washington State Technology Company Sues Ford Motor Company For Patent Infringement
Eagle Harbor Holdings, LLC and its subsidiary and exclusive licensee, MediusTech, LLC have filed a lawsuit in federal court in Tacoma, Washington, against the Ford Motor Company for infringement of...(read more)

Bainbridge Island Inventor Files Suit Against Car Maker Ford
A tiny technology company located on Bainbridge Island is taking Ford Motor Company to court. Yesterday, Eagle Harbor Holdings filed suit against Ford in US District Court in Tacoma. The company charges that Ford is infringing on seven of its software patents. KUOW's?(read more)

I like your site design,did you make that yourself??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-and-css-code-618105.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey folks i have a computer with trouble installing IE and IE Already did sfc scannow and several times CheckSUR Heres what CheckSUR says Code Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Error / Catalog Corrupt 9C48 IE9/IE10 Install CBS Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x msado tlb x microsoft-windows-m do-backcompat-tlb bf ad e none eaf a IE9/IE10 Install Error 9C48 / CBS Catalog Corrupt fe Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat I assume my problems IE9/IE10 Install Error 9C48 / CBS Catalog Corrupt would be fixed if i put the two quot unavailable repair files quot in the Windows Temp Checksur folder Unfortunately I don't have another x Win machine to copy the files from Any help would be appreciated

A:IE9/IE10 Install Error 9C48 / CBS Catalog Corrupt

First things first - let's see how much else may be a problem....

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/291736-ie9-ie10-install-error-9c48-cbs-catalog-corrupt.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I can not get the IE11 to work, each time a new tab is created it just displays a blank screen & it wont let me "reinstall" either?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b598a352-ad58-45c1-bb8f-48f548fcb5c6/internet-explorer-11-windows-7-error?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 56.33%

Has anyone had this problem? Everytime I close a open tab in IE 8 in Windows 7 RC it pops up an error message stating that internet explorer had to close and it trys to find a solution to the problem. Is there a patch for this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/windows-7-rc-and-internet-explorer-8-error-378107.html
Relevancy 56.33%

The user is no longer able to log onto the onto internet, error Can't log Explorer Windows internet at all She uses Word Pad The error message on the new computer pops up when she is trying to log onto the web or email -- or it bounces her out of email after she s activated it It says quot IE has encountered a problem amp needs to close the program We are sorry for the inconvenience If you Can't log onto internet, Windows Explorer error are in the middle of something it might be lost quot Then it prompts her to quot Tell MS about this problem an error report has been created quot When she clicks on details of the error report it Can't log onto internet, Windows Explorer error says quot IE Explore exe The condition of IE when the error occurred was problems with OS and computer hardware in use your digital product ID and IP address quot Then they mention that the data they collect to fix the problem won t be shared I have an option to send an error report which I ve done She s backing up her data she can t find Windows XP software- is it Can't log onto internet, Windows Explorer error standard that you get that when you buy Not sure she did Bought the computer at Best Buy It s a Compaq Model S NX P M G Can t get online at all she had only let the Norton anti-virus lapse by a month or so and wasn t getting any email attachments that could pose problems However her son has done some downloads from a videogame website for some cheat codes for his Nintendo so maybe that s the culprit What steps should I take I thought I should try to repair Windows XP I woudl do a scan on housecall but sounds like this one needs to be formatted and reinstalled Please advise thanks you guys are awesome nbsp

A:Can't log onto internet, Windows Explorer error

Your post is confusing.

Difficult to tell if you can't get On-Line at all or to just a few particular sites.

First, try resetting your modem or router if using a cable or DSL modem / router.

You do this by unplugging power to the modem and waiting about 30 seconds, same with the router. If you have both a modem and router. Unplug power to both. Restore the modem first and wait an additional minute or so and restore the router.

Next you might call to see if your ISP service is down.

Once sure the problem in not in a modem or ISP service can continue on to check for possible hardware / software causes but you normally try to reset the router / modems as the first action.

With XP, it is critical to always make backups, especially of the OS, settings and files on drive C. My next action would be to restore the system via running the backup. You can attempt to do a "Restore" but with XP many times that does not fix things. Having good BackUps normally fixes most XP glitches. You should rarely have to reload the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-log-onto-internet-windows-explorer-error.241163/
Relevancy 56.33%

"windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the items."

About 2 days ago my computer just stopped responding, couldnt go on the internet or even open games. Just wonderin if anyone knows how to fix this.

Windows Vista OS

A:internet explorer/ windows error

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
There are 3 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin
You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.

rkill.exe
rkill.com
rkill.scr

It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested on another computer and then transfer them to the desktop of the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
===

Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop.

Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post if you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-explorer-windows-error-574284.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I use Facebook to play games and keep in touch with family and friends For about a week now when I go to Facebook I get a pop up message that says Error Windows Internet Explorer Stop running this script A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly If you continue to run your computer might become unresponsive When this happens a green box pops up in my taskbar saying my CPU is very high I always click yes to stop running this script and have stayed off of FB because of this error message Does anyone know why I ve been receiving this error message or how to fix this problem Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Internet Explorer Error: Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD Gamila Giovani Neon series Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

operating system windows xp I recently downloaded Incredimail and then days later untinstalled. Windows Internet explorer provided by incredimail won't uninstall. Getting error Messsage from windows explorer ERROR MESSAGE OCCURRED IN THE SCRIPTS ON THIS PAGE LINE 11 CHAR.1 ERROR AUTOMATION SERVER CAN'T CREAT OBJECT CODE SEE FILE C:///PROGRAMS% 20 FILES/VERIZON/CONTENT/SCRIPTS/MCCI UTILITY/MCCI BASE. WHAT CAN I DO TO CORRECT THIS? ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

A:windows internet explorer 7 ERROR

Welcome to TSG forums...
Here is a link to a program that several people here have used and recommend.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
Post back and let us know how it goes.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-internet-explorer-7-error.876581/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been whacking my head against the wall I have removed all entries that Ad-Ware can find I have the most recent version of Adrware SE and the most recent definition files I keep getting quot An Error Has Occurred in Internet Explorer Internet Explorer will now close quot Any help would be appreciated tremendously Here In - Explorer. will Error Explorer An HIJACK Occured Internet Has close now Solved: Internet is my hijak log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System dx Solved: An Error Has Occured In Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will now close - HIJACK towiz exe Solved: An Error Has Occured In Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will now close - HIJACK C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I G EXE C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyexpr exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS System alrru exe C Documents and Settings tbanks Application Data eber exe C WINDOWS System m iexec exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Software Installers Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FFD -B - FE - E- A B - C WINDOWS System sczjkmlx dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - no file O - BHO no name - C A - DDA- C F-BE C-C F CF - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - C ABC-EB E- E -B C - A B CF - no file O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSc... Read more

A:Solved: An Error Has Occured In Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will now close - HIJACK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-an-error-has-occured-in-internet-explorer-internet-explorer-will-now-close-hijack.285263/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All,
I'm new here and I think I messed up the post that I made. I had meant to say that all of a sudden I can't use windows installer service I get error code 8007641 or error code 641. I'm unsure why I'm not able to use windows installer anymore and I'm not able to get valuable updates from windows without it. Has anyone else ever had this problem and if so, were they able to come up with a solution? Thank you. This is my first day on the site and unsure how to get around on it, but it seems like it's an exciting site and I'm looking forward to using it.
Thanks,
Miket797

A:Windows Installer, Error Code 8007641 or error code 641

DownloadmsiserverLaunch it,click YESRestart the PC and try to updateIf you still have issuesDownloadmini toolboxCheckmark following boxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed ProgramsClick Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466600/windows-installer-error-code-8007641-or-error-code-641/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I have a problem: each time I open my IExplorer I get a message that "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close". What can I do? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Relevancy 55.47%

When trying to log on to Outlook Express I get an error message that says Stack Overflow at Line 0. This message then locks up the Outlook Express mail screen and I must restart the PC in order to get out of it. I cannot view any mail I have. Does anyone have an answer to this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-internet-explorer-error-message.585813/
Relevancy 55.47%

Upon closing IE i get an error: C:\DOCUM~1\Lindee\Locals~1\Temp\eeaf_appcompat.txt

It is driving me crazy as it pops up all the time, I say to debug it, but it doesn't help. How can I fix it? Thanks.

A:Error closing Internet Explorer windows

possibly
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/chats/transcripts/04december16.mspx
have a read through this its interesting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-closing-internet-explorer-windows.522274/
Relevancy 55.47%

My windows keep popping up Internet Explorer Script Error msg. I scaned my windows by using manykind of software such as anti virus, ad aware, spybot search and destroy....... But the problem still remains...... Do any1 noe how 2 solve this problem?

A:My Windows Keep Pop Up "internet Explorer Script Error" Msg

Check to be sure Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java are not blockedOpen Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu> click Internet Options> click Security>click Default Level>click OK. Clear Temp Internet filesOpen Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu>click Internet Options >Click the General tab >Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings >Click Delete Files >Click OK Click Delete Cookies >Click OK Under History> click Clear History and then click Yes > Click OK.Check that you have the latest version of Java ( Version 5.0 Update 9)If not uninstall older version from contol Panel and reinstall new from HERE for Windows

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69693/my-windows-keep-pop-up-internet-explorer-script-error-msg/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello BleepingComputer staff I get an error every time I go to a different website or change folder directories The message reads as followed Attention name Some dangerous viruses detected in your system Windows Vista TM Home Premium files corrupted This may lead Up & Windows Pop Explorer Internet Error Few With Seconds Every to the destruction of important files in C Windows Download protection software now Click OK to download the antispyware Recommended Clicking either yes or Internet & Windows Explorer With Error Pop Up Every Few Seconds no will both take me to a download of IE AntiVirus I've scanned with Kaspersky's online scanner and AVG which both results came empty I'm sure its nothing malicious just extremely annoying I also scanned with Deckard's System Scanner and here are the Internet & Windows Explorer With Error Pop Up Every Few Seconds results on the quot main txt quot file Deckard's System Scanner v Run by ADRIAN on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Installed AVG Free - - UTC - RP - Removed Adobe Acrobat Professional - English Fran ais Deutsch - - UTC - RP - Windows Update - - UTC - RP - Installed VAIO Camera Capture Utility - - UTC - RP - Installed VAIO Startup Control-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Scheduled CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as ADRIAN exe ----------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Camera Utility VCUServe exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows System mobsync exeC MP s dss exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK ADRIAN exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sony com vaiopeopleR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeopleR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B ... Read more

A:Internet & Windows Explorer With Error Pop Up Every Few Seconds

Hello luie620Welcome to BleepingComputer ========================If you are still in need of assistance please post a new Dss log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157020/internet-windows-explorer-with-error-pop-up-every-few-seconds/
Relevancy 55.47%

All instructions for help on this problem. Since I cannot get online I cannot download a any repair programs. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551687/windows-7-proxy-error-on-internet-explorer/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I am not sure if I am infected but I posted in another forum and someone explorer an Windows keeps won't having and 7 Update, Internet error! told me it sounds like I am They told me to post here The basics I bought a brand new Dell Inspiron M I am the first owner and have the dell year standard mail in Windows 7 won't Update, and Internet explorer keeps having an error! service warranty Right now I have Mc Afee installed because it came for a free month with the computer I was planning on switching to Norton once my trial ended but since I am having issues with my other computers as well I am looking for a very good antivirus even if it costs money for Windows This computer came with Windows home premium and I have the product key sticker on the bottom of my laptop Since I have gotten the laptop a little flag with an x on it pops up It will tell me several messages all at different times Sometimes it will tell me my windows firewall isn t on but when I access the control panel it says it is on I have tried clicking the turn on now button and nothing happens The flag will also say that it can t update my computer and no updates have ever been added Also it will tell me that internet explorer stopped working properly It will also tell me that internet explorer has stopped working I have one internet explorer that says bit next to it and one in another location that just says internet explorer I think this one is the I have moderate computer skills and really need this taken care of quickly I am in college so it is very important that my computer works The whole point of me getting this one was because I paid to get my desktop fixed spent on Norton and it is still a piece of poop PLEASE HELP ME Below are the things requested I am a little concerned because it says file missing a lot I do not have an ark file because the last one didn t find anything Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x ooVoo ooVoo exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn Roxio Burn exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook PHPNukeEN Toolbar - dd a eb- afd- d - d -e f ca - C Program Files x PHPNukeEN tbPHPN dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - C Program Files x McAfee MSK MskAPBho dll file missing O - BHO Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine ... Read more

A:Windows 7 won't Update, and Internet explorer keeps having an error!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wont-update-and-internet-explorer-keeps-having-an-error.989281/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Sir I am running Micro-Soft windows operating system XP and error message Windows Internet Explorer have Internet Explorer as my Internet browser Recently I have been getting this Windows Internet Explorer error message Stating that Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site some internet site Operation aborted This has been happening much more frequently I used my Yahoo Browser to go to the same site with the same result These are Internet sites I have beento before and had no problem with I have to close IE because the browser seems stuck busy This happens about out of Web sites - but not all I have MaCaffe antivirus and superanti-spy ware Both find nothing when I use them Logfile of Trend Windows Internet Explorer error message Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS arservice exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS notepad exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www flickr com activity photostream beta toto R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gapethatass net entry html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO hpWebHelper Class - AAAE A- FFF- - C F- D DCB - C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Vendors CN Hewlett-Packard L Cupertino S Ca C US plugin WebHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-internet-explorer-error-message.951754/
Relevancy 55.04%

Whenever I try and view the source code behind a webpage in Internet Explorer I get this error message:

How do I resolve this problem??

Please Help

A:Can't view source code on Internet Explorer

Make sure notepad.exe is actually in C:\windows\system32
Sometimes a trojan may alter the file, in which case antivirus may delete it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-view-source-code-on-internet-explorer-217854.html
Relevancy 55.04%

HTML code displays when visiting the website in Internet Explorer. Can't figure out what is wrong.

A:HTML Code displays in Internet Explorer

Hi HTMLNewbie, and welcome to TSG.

Are you talking about a web site for which are managing and creating content (TSG has a separate Web Development forum)? It would help to give us the URL for it.

Are you saying that Internet Explorer is showing HTML code for any web site you visit (TSG has a separate Web & E-mail forum). The exact version of IE and Windows might help for starters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/html-code-displays-in-internet-explorer.648446/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I don t know if this is the right section please correct me if it s wrong Here is the problem My Internet Explorer gives the error quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot I cannot complete the troubleshooting It states that there might be a problem with my firewall settings But my Firefox works perfectly on this computer I have completed all Explorer 7 cannot display error: the Internet Explorer gives "Internet we Solved: the the steps given in this link Solved: Internet Explorer 7 gives the error: "Internet Explorer cannot display the we However it didn t work I cannot run MSN right now because of this And this is not a problem that developed recently on this computer I have never managed to run Internet Explorer And another point to mention Whenever I try to visit a site via IE before giving quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot error on the status-bar I see a warning for a second such that a quot dns error quot or something I have also searched this forum for this I have found some posts consisting HJT logs but could not reached a solution for my problem Could you please help Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Explorer 7 gives the error: "Internet Explorer cannot display the we

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-explorer-7-gives-the-error-internet-explorer-cannot-display-the-we.795898/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi,

been having trouble updating ie to version 11, after some fault finding and running dism.exe the checksur log file shows major corruption, can someone help with repairing Windows Servicing Packages.

see attached log file

os windows 7 32bit

thanks humberss

A:Windows 7 can't upgrade to internet explorer 11 error 0x80070643

Hello there, 

You will need to turn on Windows Firewall

1. Click the "Start" button. In the search box, type "Windows Firewall", and then, in the list of results, click "Windows Firewall".
2. In the navigation panel, click "Turn Windows Firewall" on.
3. For each group of settings shown, select Turn on Windows Firewall, and then click OK.
4. Try again to download and install the programs you want from Windows Essentials.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-live/essentials-error-0x80070643-or-0x800706d9-enable-windows-firewall

Hope this helps! 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560665/windows-7-cant-upgrade-to-internet-explorer-11-error-0x80070643/
Relevancy 55.04%

all of a sudden today when i booted up my computer i can't get anything dealing with internet explorer working...when i double-click on ie nothing happens and when i click on any folder or my computer, control panel, etc... the screen just blinks and refreshes itself.this is really getting annoying because i can't do anything now...luckily i have opera installed and i'm using it to leave this message here so plzz somebody help me out with this annoying bug in my com.......

i've just ran a virus scan with Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition and no viruses were found...i also ran ad aware 6.0 and also nothing was wrong there then i ran C Cleaner to clean my registry but that also didn't work...so i'm stuck now...

A:[B]Windows Xp Internet Explorer Annoying Error HELPPPP![/B]

Try a System Restore and select a date before the problem started, which will restore the Windows Registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/b-windows-xp-internet-explorer-annoying-error-helpppp-b.314834/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys I m kinda new to the forums but looked all over for advice given to others to reports error (shell32.dll) Internet/Windows Explorer see if anyone else had my Internet/Windows Explorer error reports (shell32.dll) problem Internet Explorer will open web pages but anytime i try to open Windows Explorer or My Documents etc or try to go into Control Internet/Windows Explorer error reports (shell32.dll) Panel i recieve an error message It sends an error report involving iexplore exe explorer exe and shell dll I don t seem to have a problem running any other programs it just won t let me open folders or look around my computer I ve scanned for viruses using Trend s Housecall and scanned for spyware Internet/Windows Explorer error reports (shell32.dll) using Ad-aware and Spybot I scanned using HijackThis but i didn t see anything that would cause a problem Everything mentioned in the log is something familiar to me Here s the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Mixer exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Tristan Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab I m completely clueless so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated I m not sure if installing XP SP a few weeks ago has anything to do with it I ve got no idea what to do since i can t even access the control panel to uninstall anything Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

all of a sudden today when i booted up my computer i can't get anything dealing with internet explorer working...when i double-click on ie nothing happens and when i click on any folder or my computer, control panel, etc... the screen just blinks and refreshes itself.this is really getting annoying because i can't do anything now...luckily i have opera installed and i'm using it to leave this message here so plzz somebody help me out with this annoying bug in my com.......

A:Windows Xp Internet Explorer Annoying Error HELPPPP!

Try to do a virus scan...I had the same problem before and Norton found the Blaster32 virus awhile back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-internet-explorer-annoying-error-helpppp.314611/
Relevancy 55.04%
A:C:\WINDOWS\system32\wvpoafrn.dll error won't let me get on Internet Explorer!

The spyware removal thread is HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c-windows-system32-wvpoafrn-dll-error-wont-let-me-get-on-internet-explorer.80483/
Relevancy 55.04%

Windows media player errors and closes my IE when I try to open a video from the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-internet-explorer-error.410896/