Windows Support Forum

All my games crash after update to Windows 10?

Q: All my games crash after update to Windows 10?

My friends got me to do an overnight quot upgrade quot to Windows and it all went well except all games freeze VERY often Around every minutes every game ranging from Smite to Sid Meier s Civilization to Dungeon Defenders all freeze up The only thing that could unfreeze my games was to Ctrl Alt Del out and then the game would magically start again Occasionally however my entire computer would just hard freeze and nothing would fix it I got tired of Windows really fast as a result so I went back to Windows and the problem persists My NVIDIA drivers are up to date I contacted NVIDIA Customer Support as well as Microsoft Customer Support None could help but Microsoft customer support was especially useless because the representative thought I talking about my Xbox the entire time I am not tech savvy at all so this is very frustrating Nonetheless I think some obscure hardware piece might overheated due to being left on all night in a musty crash games my to 10? Windows All after update room I never had this problem before upgrading to Windows Any help will be appreciated PS Should this type of problem even go under hardware It could be a fault operating system couldn t it This is my first post on All my games crash after update to Windows 10? these forums so I could be posting incorrectly Bear with me please My Specs- http puu sh jSwAh dd f aa png nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-my-games-crash-after-update-to-windows-10.1154766/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: All my games crash after update to Windows 10?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello everyone I just got back to my PC after a my first year of college and when I first minutes after games, update crash ten after driver BSOD starting now started it up it bluescreened I didn't manage to catch the error before it rebooted then changed to a black screen said that there was BSOD ten minutes after starting games, now crash after driver update no hard disk to boot with So I turned it off turned it back on and it booted just fine I ran a full system scan with Avast to check for malware updated some games on Steam and basically did my best to get my computer up to speed since it had been off for so long while I did use it during long breaks While the Avast scan was running I played World of Warcraft for about an hour or two and bam--another bluescreen The error message said something along the lines of quot Display drivers failed to restart quot but again I couldn't catch the rest because it rebooted coming up with the same black screen as before So I turned it off When I booted it up for a third time Avast opened almost immediately and asked to restart my computer and run a scan of the startup files So I obliged it seemed like it scanned my whole system again which lasted for an hour or two and it seems like it moved Malwaregen and corrupted files to the chest When it was done my computer booted normally I installed some Windows updates and a new Nvidia driver figuring that something was outdated and once again started playing World of Warcraft This time it didn't bluescreen instead the screen froze after ten minutes and turned a solid color My PC rebooted almost immediately again with the same black screen So I rebooted for a fourth time just fine like before and ran a disk check to find errors in my hard drive None were found so I don't think it's a hardware problem Seems like a graphics driver issue but I'm not sure of that and even if I were I wouldn't know how to fix it I changed some dmp files settings and replicated the error with Team Fortress so now I have a dmp file and the typical package in the attachments The first attachment is the DM Log Collector file and the second is the dmp file Thanks in advance folks

A:BSOD ten minutes after starting games, now crash after driver update

Try any other driver version and see how it goes. Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then install the NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

When done, stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

Also, Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80081ba4e0, fffff88005055ad4, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+82fad4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80081ba4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88005055ad4, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+82fad4
fffff880`05055ad4 48ff25e5f1ebff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x6eecc0 (fffff880`04f14cc0)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06f8fa48 fffff880`05346134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`081ba4e0 fffff880`05055ad4 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06f8fa50 fffff880`05319867 : fffff880`05055ad4 fffffa80`096ce000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`06f8fa90 fffff880`05345f43 : fffffa80`ffffd846 ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`081ba4e0 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`06f8fb40 fffff880`0406f03d : fffffa80`0c03fb50 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09105410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`06f8fbc0 fffff800`03566456 : 00000000`0641db0e fffffa80`090ed760 fffffa80`06992b10 fffffa80`090ed760 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`06f8fc00 fffff800`032be2c6 : fffff800`0344be80 fffffa80`090ed760 fffff800`03459cc0 00000000`00000001 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`06f8fc40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`06f90000 fffff880`06f8a000 fffff880`1ecfed40 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+82fad4
fffff880`05055ad4 48ff25e5f1ebff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x6eecc0 (fffff880`04f14cc0)]

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+82fad4

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5566824f

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x116_image_nvlddmkm.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {1f9e0448-3238-5868-3678-c8e526bb1edc}

---------

3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`04826000 f... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372765-bsod-ten-minutes-after-starting-games-now-crash-after-driver-update.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Could someone advise me how I should proceed I am partway through cleaning my PC from various hijacksbut because IE crashes I cannot get windows update andcannot run any online scans Trend Micro does supportFirefox but that also does nothing ie Firefox onlyshows quot transferring data Crash Infections, Other And 3721 Cnsmin Ie Oe Windows.update Crash, And quot and 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash never gets to theLaunching House call button IE crashes on all these scan sites bitdefender comhousecall trendmicro compandasoftware comIE does not crash on other sites such as news bbc co uk ortiscali co uk I have followed these steps after searching Help Topics for CnsMin and in Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and done Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files ran latest Spybot with latest definitions both normal 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash mode and Safe Mode with Ad-Aware normal mode Online scans all tried and failed as IE crashed on each site Ran AVG Grisoft McAfee Stinger ran - nothing found Microsoft firewall was 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash already enabled Windows updates crashes in IE HijackThis ranMy brother who is helping me via email has sent me instructionshttp www spyany com program article spy rm CnsMin htmlon removing CnsMin but the registry editor instructionslook behind my abilities This site explains the CnsMin in detail but does not offerany removal instructions http www ca com securityadvisor pest pe px id Should I post a HijackThis log anyway in the right forum of course or should I try something else I know I ve had CnsMin since last year when I was able to useIE with online scans which reported it but I never got around totrying to fix it - I was and still am a PC newbie I had switched from IE to Firefox some months ago and usedIE only for windows updates But I wasn t getting IE crashes until some weeks ago I hope my system details are in my sig

A:3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash

CnsMin has an uninstaller which removes most components, but leaves the machine with no network or Internet connection. I suggest you post your log in the Hijackthis forum.

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have not been replied as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51330/3721-cnsmin-and-other-infections-oe-and-ie-crash-windowsupdate-crash/
Relevancy 55.47%

My games keep crashing after playing for a few hours I always watch video s with Amazon Unbox on my desktop while playing games At first I only had one game to crash then after installing an update for the graphics card driver that HP support told me would fix my issue now several of my games are crashing I ve never had to happen before so I m puzzled on how to fix this Please help I am attaching the pic of the error message every game bit on crash 7-64 Games Windows crash are similar Here is my DxDiag log ------------------ System Information ------------------ Games crash on Windows 7-64 bit Time of this report Machine name MARISA-HP Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model p - BIOS Ver HIB ROM vHIB Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD D Graphics Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x A DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS ACD C amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name HP S Series Wide LCD Monitor Monitor Model HP S Monitor Id HWP Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE -D A- CF-CA -C ABEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x A SubSys ID x ACD C Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag Sumo Desktop ci ven amp dev a amp subsys acd c Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C C - FB - F - - BF EE D Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Cap... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

I have upgraded my pc wo windows 10 recently and now sniper elite lags badly then after 5 mins or so, the whole pc shuts down randomly
Thanks,

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/34840-games-lag-crash-after-i-upgraded-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have upgraded my pc wo windows 10 recently and now sniper elite lags badly then after 5 mins or so, the whole pc shuts down randomly
Thanks,

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/34840-games-lag-crash-after-i-upgraded-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hello !
i upgraded my pc recently by getting new processor (AMD phenom II x4 945 3.4ghz)
,ATI Radeon 5600 HD g, new motherboard (790FX - GD 70 MSI) and a power supply ,

everything works well till the time i started to play some games with high graphichs use
like tomb raider underworld , prototype or Lineage 2.
after a while my pc stucks , getting some black stripes or w/e and autorestarts
when windows launch again i m getting a problem

Υπογραφή προβλήματος:
Όνομα συμβάντος προβλήματος: BlueScreen
Έκδοση λειτουργικού συστήματος: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Αναγνωριστικό τοπικών ρυθμίσεων: 1032

Πρόσθετες πληροφορίες για το πρόβλημα:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 86914024
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Αρχεία για την περιγραφή του προβλήματος:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081010-19172-01.dmp
C:\Users\QAz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-29874-0.sysdata.xml

if someone can read this minidump files , which i cant and tell me what is the problem it will be awesome

i uploaded one of the latest ones ,
thx a lot

A:windows 7 Bluscreen Crash (gameS)

latest minidump file
if someone can read and tell me whats the problem i would be grateful

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bluscreen-crash-games-504949.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hello everyone,

im getting an issue when im playing games. or any games the computer completely crash or sometimes freeze i get white screen so what to do ?

A:windows 8 crash when playing games

Lower resolution and/or graphics quality? Perhaps they are set too high for you system. I've had no issues gaming on W8 at all. Go to canirunit.com and see what it says.

Also, do you have any mods installed for that game? If so, you will have to disable/enable one at a time to determine which mod is causing the crash (at least from my experience with Skyrim)

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/48319-windows-8-crash-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey all I'm having an issue with my ASUS (no when crash launch to games. Complete most system or crash dump) trying BSOD F GL laptop If I try to launch a game like Counter-Strike Source Garry's Mod or Just Cause not long after actually leaving the menu and beginning to play anywhere between - min the whole laptop just silently crashes I checked ALL the Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games. logs and there is nothing in there except something recorded at boot saying the computer was not cleanly shutdown When it does crash a second before it crashes a weird thin horizontal line appears in a random location on the screen going all the way across Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games. the screen This was happening under Windows Vista but I just bought and did a clean install of Windows Home Premium and it's still happening I have updated my drivers and it still happens Laptop info is below caution large block of text Code System Information report written at System Name BODENEAMONN-PC System Summary Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name BODENEAMONN-PC System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model F GL System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Australia Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name BodenEamonn-PC Boden Time Zone AUS Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hardware Resources Conflicts Sharing Resource Device Memory Address xF - xFFFFFFFF System board Memory Address xF - xFFFFFFFF Motherboard resources I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce M G IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ NVIDIA GeForce M G IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ Standard AHCI Serial ATA Controller IRQ High Definition Audio Controller IRQ Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xDE - xEFFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xDE - xEFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M G Memory Address xD - xDFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xD - xDFFFF Motherboard resources Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M G I O Port x B - x BB PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce M G I O Port x - x Motherboard resources I O Port x - x Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller DMA Resource Device Status Channel Direct memory access controller OK Forced Hardware Device PNP Device ID I O Resource Device Status x - x Standard PS Keyboard OK x - x Standard PS Keyboard OK x - x System speaker OK x - x CF PCI bus OK x - x CF Direct memory access controller OK x D - x FFFF PCI bus OK x - x System CMOS real time clock OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x FF Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x D Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x C- x E Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x A - x BF Motherboard resources OK x ... Read more

A:Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games.

Hello

You can try these to see what is going on with the overheating.

Core Temp

CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289452-complete-system-crash-no-bsod-crash-dump-when-trying-launch-most-games.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello guys new here First off I have an extremely horrible slow computer so please dont make fun of me saying how bad my pc is i know its horrible eventually ill get a new one Extremely slow Dell inspiron s core duo at ghz GB of ram and horrible intel hd graphics I have played a few games since I got windows on it crash, sound 10 windows buzzing freezing, games, during and both run great at mid level graphics world of warcraft and euro truck simulator This issue windows 10 during games, freezing, crash, and buzzing sound has happend before when I had windows but not in a long time Since I got windows both playing wow and the truck game in game the computer freezes makes a horrible buzzing sound and cant be accessed unless i hold the power button and reset the computer No blue screen Right when I restarted the pc i checked the processor temps degrees C down to degrees C It seems the processor isnt overheating but I blew the dust out of the heat sink anyways I tried starting euro truck simulator and for such a high graphic game I can run it at decent graphic settings with decent framerates for such a horribly slow computer I have no dedicated GPU and a horrible CPU its not an I But minutes in the truck game the computer freezes again Looking at the event viewer I am given a generic power kernel which only means the computer has been unexpectedly shut off It cant be a bad power supply because when I dont play games I watch netflix and live tv on the computer for hours at a time no freeze This only happens during games So if the computer was bad wouldnt this happen also during non gaming which is dosent That rules out bad cpu so it has to be overheating or drivers But when i played the trucking game for minutes and it froze how in the world can my CPU get so hot to force a restart after minutes of trucking game So I think the issue is drivers Windows dell com has NO drivers for intel HD graphics only for nvdia PCI-E cards and an AMD radeon card I am using generic intel hd drivers for windows but theyre said to only be for the intel I CPUs not the intel core duo I searched my computer OS and hardware and there is no matching intel HD software Did this non compatible driver cause the crashes But with these drivers I watch hours of netflix and leave my computer on during non gaming all day sometimes and it never crashes only during games Any help would be appreciated It has to be drivers no other reason i stated makes any sense Should i revert back to windows or Also this happend while playing WOW on a brand new average Hp laptop GB of ram and AMD quad core CPU Does my computer suck that bad Thanks for any insight on this issue i just am curious what a freeze buzz during gaming is Also the time during the trucking game where it froze during the freeze i saw these weird blue lines in the screen Odd Thanks guys

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596630/windows-10-during-games-freezing-crash-and-buzzing-sound/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I have upgraded my CPU from Core Duo mhz to Core far) on after Games 1 upgrade CPU crash so time BSOD (With windows Quad Q and I had to upgrade the BIOS for my motherboard before that MB type GA-EP -DS Everything worked fine for that except when I run a game it takes it about to minutes before it just crash and close itself with no any error message currently with Deus Ex HR Starcraft Minecraft I only get the error reporter for the games if they had one and no useful information I can get from them I suspected the heat issue so I bought a new cooler the heat now in sticking on no more but still I am having this issue My configuration are MB GA-EP -DS CPU Intel C Q Q GB RAM Kingston gb x sticks Nvidia GTS As GPU Nvidia GT As physix TB HDD WD GB HDD WD for system GB HDD WD watts power supply Now I am thinking about the power supply but the thing is everything was OK before and I did not face any power issues before all the problems started after I upgraded my bios and CPU I checked the heat status and voltage status with CPU-Z stuff but I am not fimiliar with the correct voltage values for RAM and CPU Any suggestions about the issue PS And the windows was on my computer since Jul and I would love to keep it from that date I would not prefer re-installation unless there is no other option Regards

A:Games on windows crash after CPU upgrade (With BSOD 1 time so far)

It might be a defect in the CPU
Run Prime 95 to test your CPU. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs). Post back with your results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190464-games-windows-crash-after-cpu-upgrade-bsod-1-time-so-far.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi. I've recently been trying to play Metal Gear Solid 5 but every time I boot it up my PC either crashes as soon as the splash screens are done or after a few minutes. It's been crashing while playing other games as well but it's been much rarer. It's not a BSOD crash and it doesn't produce any crash dumps so I'm leaning towards it being a problem with either the PSU, the motherboard or one of the graphics cards. Any help with finding the cause of this would be appreciated.

The PSU model is fd-psu-newt2-800, the graphics cards are both Nvidia GTX760s and the motherboard is a ASUS Sabertooth Z77

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622614/crash-without-bsod-and-crash-dump-while-playing-games/
Relevancy 53.32%

Issues started not long ago when I purchased a new gtx 750 ti graphics card. Get varied Bsod error messages such as video_tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys, and DPC_Watchdog_violation as well as one or two others. These issues present themselves upon starting of certain games. Specifically first person shooters but is rarely a problem for my most played game League of Legends. Very easily replicate-able as it happens everytime i start said games. Starts out as odd stretched lines and screen disturbances (spasm like textures and light shafts in game) and then black screen with sound followed by either display kernel crash message of my video driver or complete computer shutdown.

Also included below is a DxDiag system info save file.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46907-windows-10-bsod-system-crash-shutdown-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have had a number of Windows updates and each time the PC has crashed when they have tried to be installed.

Today I tried again and allowed one installation KB 979306. This failed to install and I got an error code 8024200D. The update that caused the crash was KB 979099. These are both classed as important.

Any ideas what I should do or what the problem may be?

A:Windows Update Causes PC To Crash

Make sure you have already installed Application Compatbility Updates from both sites:
1)The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
2)August 2009 Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility Update

If not please do that and next try again install KB979099

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/271039-windows-update-causes-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I m starting a new thread as it seems my problems have escalated Here s the link to my first thread http forums techguy org all-other-software -windows-explorer-error html So I m in the middle of installing in Windows Crash XP Update a Microsoft Windows XP update from XP Crash in Windows Update the Microsoft website and I get a blue screen It says something about a problem occurring XP Crash in Windows Update that has caused XP Crash in Windows Update Windows to shut down It says something about checking for BIOS updates and disabling caching and shadowing It then says STOP x E xC xF EO OxB C x sr sys - Address F E base at F F Date Stamp cde Physical Memory Dump Complete I had to shut the power down and restart the computer which seemed to go OK I then got a box that says Windows has recovered from a serious error Under technical info it says BCCode e BCP C BCP F E BCP B C BCP OSVer SP Product I m not really sure what I should be doing here Should I try reinstalling the updates nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have no sound after updating from a computer crash about two weeks ago There was sound before I updated from windows update and then nothing I have researched all over after crash/update, Windows No XP etc! in sound the internet to find a way to reverse the effects to no avail I have uninstalled the device and reinstalled it with driver updates without driver updates without drivers thus allowing No sound in Windows XP after crash/update, etc! windows to find the drivers and install them I have gone online to various sites to update all the drivers involved including the codecs Then I uninstalled XP professional yes I had Professional and Home versions of XP because I read somewhere that may be the cause of the problem No sound I have updated Windows Media Player to no avail I have updated Real Player to no avail The installed device is Modem for playback and record There are no speakers installed supposedly and there is no way to adjust the volume because nothing is installed to adjust Do I sound frustrated and sarcastic You bet I have been trying to get my sound back for more than two weeks I have seen other posts on this site that I have tried to no avail I have cleared my registry several times and cookies temporary files etc Nothing has worked Any help would greatly appreciated Please feel free to ask questions because I have done so much stuff that I can remember all of it Oh yeah I have run the troubleshooter so many times that I have practically memorized it Thanks for anything you can do to help nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm stumped here I have a client who has a Dell Optiplex running XP Pro She received an error when trying to print about the Print Spooler service not running I checked services and it was even stopped started and rebooted Nothing So then I searched around and found a suggested fix by going to System gt Advanced gt (windows wuauclt.exe XP crash update) on Performance Settings and setting the Data Execution Prevention to the spooler service exe under the Windows directory I rebooted and upon logging in received a wuauclt exe had a problem and had to close error Past that the desktop wall paper would load but no task bar and no icons Does the same thing under safe mode except no wallpaper just a black screen with the safe mode notification and build info at the screen edges I understand wuauclt exe has something to do with Windows Update So then I did a Windows Repair It ran fine but on reboot received a BSOD referencing a stop at C I can occasionally still get XP crash on wuauclt.exe (windows update) to the login but still get the wuauclt exe crash and then it stops at loading the wallpaper or black in safemode My user says the only thing she did this morning prior to the problem was downloaded and installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader update that popped up As much as I'd like to blame that I think it had something to do with setting the DEP but now I can't even get in to change it Any ideas

A:XP crash on wuauclt.exe (windows update)

Looks like everyone was stumped. Turns out the wuacult.exe file was infected with worm.autorun. Found it with Malwarebytes and removed. However, fixing it trashed the system and it was not recoverable. Had to reinstall. Client had NO antivirus installed and uses the Outlook Reading Pane. Or did, I think she finally learned her lesson.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-crash-on-wuauclt-exe-windows-update-369117.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I just had a blue screen crash during the latest Windows Update install. It was an update of the Bit Defender definitions. Windows downloaded the update, created a restore point and then crashed during the installation.

I used BlueScreenView and took screen caps of the information pertaining to this particular crash. I was previously plagued with blue screen crashes, but haven't had one in a month after disabling Teredo Tunneling and uninstalling Zone Alarm, using the built-in firewall instead. I can post the mini-dump if my bluescreenview screen caps don't contain enough of the information. (I didn't include them now because most of it is from previous issues that I think were resolved a month ago.)

It may just be an issue with the automatic restart after the Update was installed. I think that may have happened once before.

Should I be concerned about this?

A:Crash during Windows Update Install

Please post the information from this post: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99569-crash-during-windows-update-install.html
Relevancy 50.74%

i have vista home premium 64bit sp1, think it started when activating windows update, i didnt want to install an active control, chose another method thats when i got blue screen system shutdown and i see this irql not less or equal..

windows update wasnt able to find any updates, so i went back to activating windows installed the active control, now im able to check for updates.

only thing is when i try installing the updates, it just tries to install but nothing is installing, then blue screen shutdown, how can i get the updates to install? appreaciate any help..

A:windows update crash when downloading

irql not less or equal

This commands mean unindetefied conflict with drivers or hardware

We need more details to diagnose.Pack the whole C:\Windows\Minidump folder and attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/251793-windows-update-crash-when-downloading.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
Recently after activating my copy of Home Premium x64 a dialog box has been popping up saying that the automatic updates has stopped working. If I press close the program the dialog box comes back about half a minute later. The details of the crash are:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wuauclt.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 4791a227
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2ea1
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000100000002d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 2ea1
Additional Information 2: 0411f401154786662c220fbfdaf8b4f5
Additional Information 3: 16ba
Additional Information 4: 954b39dd611850a61426512ac5220bbc
I had to also change the date to get the activation to work as the computer was a few months behind. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I hope someone can help me Windows did an update a couple of days ago and I ve had nothing but problems since I managed by some miracle to get out crash so windows problems many after update of the continuous reboot loop and get Windows to load after days of so many problems after windows update crash trying but now am getting a couple of errors and issues I just can t seem to resolve I have a Lenovo Laptop with Vista home premium processor Intel Core Duo CPU email protected Ram memory GB system type -bit operating system The first problem is When I boot the laptop I get the following error box Windows exe - NET framework Initialization Error To run this application you must first install one of the following versions of the NET framework v I m not sure what thats about or how to fix it The second problem is I want to have Windows do a backup of my files but when I try I get the following error Transaction support within the specified file system resource manager is not started or was shutdown due to an error x A Please try again Finally even though programs seem to be running fine on the computer itself anything to do with being online takes forever now Even getting this forum to load took a couple of hours downloading files are as a snails pace I am using a cricket USB modem and normally have very fast online access responses I tried uninstalling the cricket software as well as the google chrome browser and re-installing but that hasn t helped Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix any of these issues please Thanks in advance Because it s a Lenovo it SEEMS their One Touch Recovery software i do not like it keeps windows from setting normal Windows recovery points nbsp

A:so many problems after windows update crash

Have you tried Windows "System Restore"? You should see the Update restore point to take it back prior to the updates.
Also, you could try installing the .net framework here..

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en

Good luck, and I'm sure someone else with more experience will be along to help you out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/so-many-problems-after-windows-update-crash.980513/
Relevancy 50.74%

My Lenovo is running on Windows 8, and it freezes randomly with the times being every month or two. I looked up this problem and it said that it was something to do with after BIOS and all other drivers are updated, the HDD is defective (link here). The person giving the report also said that the problem occurred when she was running Windows 7.
My question is: Would the same effect happen in Windows 8?

A:Update from Windows 8 Causing my PC to Crash?

It would be worth running Lenovo PC Doctor & calling Lenovo support with the report.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/24414-update-windows-8-causing-my-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I know you guys are busy, but I cannot locate a fix for this.  Windows Update will not update.  It reads"0 of XXXKb" downloading, but never gets beyond that. I use three browsers because I hate Interent Explorer, but each crashes.  Comodo Dragon and Ice Dragon, Mozilla Firefox.  They simply crash.  Internet Explorer needs to be updated, but it took over ten minutes and still did not install. Windows Security Essentials stop working on their own. One more thing: my system is slow.  I've upgraded to a new motherboard and installed 16GB or RAM, but it is actually slower than the previous build. Any help would be appreciated. Cass

A:Windows Won't Update and Browsers Crash

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619704/windows-wont-update-and-browsers-crash/
Relevancy 50.74%

Any time I go to Tools gt Windows update IE Crash's I click the send report but it doesnt provide me any data that might help I also get the same problem when trying to load the AOL webmail page Both will work maybe out of times Ive googled this and not able to find much helpfil info Any help is appreciated If I check details it says the following file is included in the error report B appcompat txt Code lt DATABASE gt lt EXE page to update IE Crash's WIndows going when 6 NAME quot iexplore exe quot IE 6 Crash's when going to WIndows update page FILTER quot GRABMI FILTER PRIVACY quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot hmmapi dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x C DA quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Microsoft HTTP Mail Simple MAPI quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot HMMAPI DLL quot INTERNAL NAME quot HMMAPI quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iedw exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x C quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot IE Crash Detection quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot iedw exe quot INTERNAL NAME quot iedw exe quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x DE quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iexplore exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xF A D F quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Explorer quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot INTERNAL NAME quot iexplore quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x A quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x AA quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Connection Wizard quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot icwconn dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot icwconn quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x C quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn exe quot SIZE quot q... Read more

A:IE 6 Crash's when going to WIndows update page

I would suggest to reset your IE to default settings.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-6-crashs-when-going-to-windows-update-page-292627.html
Relevancy 50.74%

after installing the windows updates this week on my winxp sp3 laptop i discovered that with plugging in the usb mouse the system crashes and goes into a continual reboot, it does flash a bsod when crashing but isn't up long enough to read one word of it. when i unplug the mouse the laptop boots up fine but as soon as i plug the mouse in it crashes. I'm happy that it appears that plugging in a flash drive doesn't cause it to crash. Can anyone recommend a route for me to take to hopefully correct this? I tried different mice and each crashes the system with the repeated reboot. thanks for any help.

A:mouse crash after windows update

Welcome back to TSF

Lets make sure its the update that is causing this. Recently Microsoft has urgently pushed out a remote-code exploit that could spread rapidly like the 2003 MSBlaster worm. Read below:

Quote:

A remote-code exploit that could spread rapidly like the 2003 MSBlaster worm is putting all versions of Windows at risk.
Rare out-of-cycle patch emphasizes the risk

With little warning, Microsoft released yesterday an unscheduled or "out-of-cycle" patch for a highly critical vulnerability that affects all versions of Windows. Security bulletin MS08-067 (patch 958644) was posted to warn of a remote-code attack that could spread wildly across the Internet.

Microsoft says it found evidence two weeks ago of an RPC (remote procedure call) attack that can potentially infect Windows machines across the Net with no user action required.

Windows Server 2003, 2000, and XP (even with Service Pack 2 or 3 installed) are particularly vulnerable. Vista and Server 2008 gain some protection via User Account Control, data-execution protection, and other safeguards, as explained in an article by Dan Goodin in the Register.

While firewalls are a first line of defense against this attack, don't think you're secure just because you have a firewall. Malware and viruses use many different techniques to wiggle their way into our systems.

For example, my office's networks are protected by firewalls on the outside, but inside the network, PCs have file and printer sharing enabled. If a worm got loose inside the office network (and the patch hadn't been installed), the attack would spread like wildfire.

Many antivirus vendors have already issued definition updates that protect against this attack. Your antivirus program, however, may not protect you completely even if your AV definitions are up-to-date. Early reports indicate that there are already nine different strains of viruses trying to take advantage of this vulnerability. We can expect more to come, so even the best AV application may not be able to update fast enough.

I've tested this patch and have had no problems applying it. I strongly urge you to download and install this patch manually. Restart your PC before installing any patch to verify that your machine is bootable. Then be sure to reboot again after installing the patch, so the patched binaries completely replace the vulnerable components.

To get your patch read more here
http://WindowsSecrets.com/comp/081024

There were some interesting links about this patch , some people having problems with it .Look at this:

(KB958644)
http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/.../msg01873.html
and
http://gosublogger.com/2008/10/micro...8-067-updates/
and update (KB958644)

Reboot and let me know if it resolved the issue at hand
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1060895.htm

So my suggestion to you is go to Add/Remove Programs, make sure updates are checked to be shown and remove the update (KB958644)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-crash-after-windows-update-306342.html
Relevancy 50.74%

last night we had a heap of updates and today I can only get the computer to come up with things like start at last operating position or safe start etc but no matter what I do it just restarts over and over again.
I tried the windows disc but it starts to fix but nothing happens

A:xp windows update crash computer

Boot the computer with the XP CD in. Press R to get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /F and press enter. Check Disk will try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-windows-update-crash-computer-670091.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi my name is Ken Carrier and I am new to the forums. I am currently having a problem with SVCHOST.EXE & NTDLL.DLL crashing when the computer starts. It seems that when any programs tries to update the svchost.exe crashes and the system becomes unusable. If there is anyone out there who can help me I would really appreciate it.

A:Windows Update Causes Crash SVCHOST.EXE & NTDLL.DLL

Hi .System manufacturer and model? What SP is installed?<<I am currently having a problem with SVCHOST.EXE & NTDLL.DLL crashing...>>What are the exact, full error messages, please?<<It seems that when any programs tries to update the svchost.exe crashes and the system becomes unusable.>>Seems unlikely that "any" program would trigger svchost.exe symptoms...since svchost.exe is used by various programs/functions. Have you tried using Process Explorer to get more specific details on which svchost process might be the problem?How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/list-services-running-under-svchost.exe-process/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329746/windows-update-causes-crash-svchostexe-ntdlldll/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

Just updated to Update 1 on Win 8.1 on two machines. When I open the PC Settings App from Start Screen or Taskbar all the options are ok except PC and devices. When I select this on the app menu the app crashes back to the desktop. Anyone suggest a fix I suspect it's the new Drive Manager in that menu option. Other machine works fine with this option. Any Fixes?

Tim

A:Windows 8.1 Update 1, PC Settings, PC and Devices crash

Further investigation shows that if I create a new local account the app works fine and I can access the Device Settings etc. I tried deleting my main MS account off the machine and re-creating it but got myself in a bit of a mess so restored from a system image a few days ago. Is there a troubleshooting list somewhere. I seem to have found it on this site the other day but lost it again?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44100-windows-8-1-update-1-pc-settings-pc-devices-crash.html
Relevancy 49.88%
Relevancy 49.88%

Did anyone else suffer a crash after installing windows updates on 1-11-11?  I have a desktop computer and a laptop, and they both crashed after installing the updates.  They both went in to system restore mode and spent several minutes
trying to fix the problem before finally rebooting and coming out of the crash.  Both times a message came up afterward saying windows had suffered a major problem.  On both occasions the norton anti-virus and firewalls had been disabled on
reboot.  At first I thought it might be a virus on my desktop, but it was weird how the exact same thing happened on my laptop.  Any clue as to what caused it?  Is it possible to have updates do that to your system? Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a0aab1e-48e0-4b8c-b105-a276200c0953/windows-update-caused-system-crash?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

I am finding a problem in which after some windows updates, all attempts to play media (any music or video file) will just freeze the application (doesn't matter which player used- even the windows startup and exit won't play the WAV sounds, and my browser will crash if i try and watch an FLV file), i always manage to fix it by restoring to before the update.

I am running a DELL 17 Studio laptop about 1 year old, Windows Home premium 7, 64-bit. I am not that technical so please don't ask questions about my hardware (as it's clearly an O/S issue),

Best regards
David

A:Playing any media causes crash after Windows Update

David,,enter cmd and type chkdsk/f and see if you pick up any errors...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119428-playing-any-media-causes-crash-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I've recently installed a Compiler IDE I want avoid telling IDE name becouse my question is not related on it and it worked well But crash Compiler how update, IDE to clean windows after after installing SP and SP package of this Complier IDE it crash after creating a new project or opening a project I've uninstalled this IDE and reinstalled it without any additional SP packs likes in the first installation but now it crashes in the same point like happened with SP packages Here what's happend Installed Complier IDE Working Installed Complier IDE SP Installed Complier IDE SP Stopped working and crash Uninstalled Installed Complier IDE SP Installed Complier IDE without SP and SP Complier IDE's Stopped working and crash I suppose that Complier IDE's SP and SP changed something in Windows System that cause this error My question is how can I restore Windows Setting Registers Files to be able to run again this software excluding format What've tryed Uninstall Compiler IDE Delete all folders of Compiler IDE in Compiler IDE crash after update, how to clean windows - C - C Programs - C User User Name AppData Local LocalLow Roaming - C User User Name Documents Running CCleaner Manually remove all registers with Compliler IDE's name from RegEdit I wanted to try also Image System restore but my oldest Image System is when program doesn't work Any suggest I also wanted to try a Virtual Machine to avid format PC but it'll slow system any alternatives

A:Compiler IDE crash after update, how to clean windows

Try uninstalling it with something more powerful like Revo uninstaller.

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Select Advanced Option > Select All and Delete All (both scans)

This will help find any leftover files from the installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365324-compiler-ide-crash-after-update-how-clean-windows.html
Relevancy 49.45%

it does affect games. Games will stop for the update. I wonder if the other updates do the same thing; this can be a big deal since we have lots of software updates these days.

A:windows automatic update and games ?

So is this a question for help or?

That is why most gamers disable auto updates of any software... aside from anti-virus and spyware.
Though even anti-virus updates can slow things down.
Just remember to run an update check once in a while, when your not gaming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update-and-games.1101890/
Relevancy 49.45%

Dell bit Windows laptop Purchased with installed Since the model number doesn't mean enough to Dell to put it anywhere on Windows Update 7 Games Removed the laptop I assume it's no longer important Since the old familiar Windows games are not available on W we got them off a Windows PC and made the myriad changes we found online to enable them to work on this laptop Last week after Windows performed an update and I signed in with my password things were really screwed up Messages said something about a corrupt app and that a temporary ID had been created for me Half the desktop icons were gone The taskbar which had IE pinned to it had now reverted back to MS Edge and the Games icon had disappeared from it I immediately restored the machine to what it was before the update and after it completed everything seemed back to normal except for the games which have disappeared completely and there is now a blank space on Update Removed Windows 7 Games the taskbar for the Windows Store Enclosed are some screenshots most of them regarding todays items in Event Viewer

A:Update Removed Windows 7 Games

Originally Posted by boweasel

Dell 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. Purchased with 10 installed. Since the model number doesn't mean enough to Dell to put it anywhere on the laptop, I assume it's no longer important.

Since the old familiar Windows 7 games are not available on W10, we got them off a Windows 7 PC, and made the myriad changes we found online to enable them to work on this laptop.

I have 3 Dell late-model Inspiron 15R Notebooks and find more information inside the battery compartment or by going to http://support.dell.com and inputting the Service Tag.

I got those games from a link on this page:
Win 7 Games to Win 8 - Page 5
I store the file in Downloads and when Win10 screws with the games I just re-install.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/44085-update-removed-windows-7-games.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Here are the problems I've been having/what I have been doing:

- Screen sometimes choppy in video games
- Crashes during Dying Light
- Starbound won't launch, apparently this might have something to do with a missing Windows Update
- Windows Update stuck at 0% download
- Standalone Windows Readiness tool hangs
- Malwarebytes finding lots of PUPs in Mozilla folders
- ran /sfc scannow which turned up no problems

What tools should I start with? I have no idea if or with what I am infected. I scan with Avast periodically too and that has never turned up anything.

A:Games crashing, Windows Update can't run... help!

please help ! let me know if there is anything I should add to make this post more verbose; I like clarity and conciseness rather than text walls to save time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622104/games-crashing-windows-update-cant-run-help/
Relevancy 49.45%

Since upgrading to Windows any game that I start up on steam has the on 10 Overheating after games windows only update laptop running dangerously hot within about minutes This problem did not exist before updating to Windows and strangely only happens when a game is loaded up The problem isn't specific to any game it happens for all Even if I turn on a really basic game with minimal requirements it will cause the laptop to go crazy hot The laptop is sitting on a fan cooling pad gets unbearably hot after about minutes when held in the air off the cooling pad As soon as the game is turned off the heating problem stops Any ideas what could be causing Overheating only on games after windows 10 update this I have downloaded Driver Talent in the Overheating only on games after windows 10 update hopes it was a Overheating only on games after windows 10 update driver that needed updating but nothing graphics related came up in the updateable section The area that gets hot is the plate above the keyboard Potentially useful info Windows Home bit Manufacturer Dell Model Inspiron Intel Core i - U CPU GHz CPUs GHz GB RAM Display Intel HD Graphics Family Render NVIDIA GEForce GT M Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/overheating-only-games-after-windows-10-update-4608385/
Relevancy 49.45%

While in Internet Explorer, my Windows 7 SP1 64-bit system froze.
I had to hard reboot it and tried to get into System Restore. I could not type into the command line or open Control Panel. This went on for 2 hours.

Somehow I got into System Restore and restored to before a Windows Update for:

definition update for windows defender - kb915597 (Definition 1.191.3347.0)

Seems OK now, but would like to know what happened.

Any ideas?
cb

A:Crash After definition update for windows defender - kb915597

Try the update again. Sometimes it just fouls out, but rarely.

Make sure you have System Restore turned on and plenty of disk space apportioned to it: System Protection - Change Disk Space Usage

If necessary you can always access System Restore from System Recovery Options by the various methods shown. I'd make my System Repair Disk if you don't have the Win7 installation media to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359842-crash-after-definition-update-windows-defender-kb915597.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all So my pc had started downloading updates and a few minutes later my system hung Desktop showed on monitor but mouse didn't move cursor hitting keys did nothing including good old alt ctrl del So I waited a minute to make sure it wouldn't recover and hit reset On windows startup it installed some of the updates Update after updates fails to crash download Windows it had started downloading before the crash However when I got into windows it said there were updates ready for download but whenever I try Windows Update fails to download updates after crash to download those I get an error Code B Windows Update encountered an unknown error Googling this I saw a suggestion to download and run System Update Readiness Tool Checksur exe which I did but still got the same error So I tried to do a system restore to the day before that crash still no go So I tried downloading the updates manually and install them but then I get told quot The update is not applicable to your computer quot So pardon my french but what the hell should I do I really really really don't want to reinstall windows PS Updates that fail are KB KB and KB

A:Windows Update fails to download updates after crash

Hello Valle, welcome to SF!

This sometimes happens when, for some reason, things are not updated in the right order. There are loads of other reasons but for me this is the most common.

Did you take a look at: Windows Update - Reset

It can help you reset the update history and put in what you want in the order advised.

Sometimes you don't want a specific update. That is when you use this: Windows Update - Uninstall an Update

Post back if you need more...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176382-windows-update-fails-download-updates-after-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all,

Installed a new motherboard and everything went well with that untill I start updating windows. Windows downlaods all the updates then does a restart and on the restart I get the blue screen of death. Please help. Many Thanks in advance.

A:Fresh Install - Large Windows Update Crash

Hello powerade,

► This is one, VIRTU LucidInterop WDDM Driver by LucidLogix

Code:
fffff880`04a12090 fffff880`03fd6900Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\VirtuWDDM.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VirtuWDDM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VirtuWDDM.sys
VirtuWDDM+0xe900
Try to upload the driver from lucidlogix with GPU Solution.

► Intel HD Graphics Driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffffa7fffffffe0, 2, 1, fffff8000316c99c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+a376f )

Update it from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx.

Do the changes and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257806-fresh-install-large-windows-update-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Had just downloaded auto update for .net framework on 3.07.13.
System totally locked.
Help.
Safe mode OK.

A:[SOLVED] Vista Crash After Windows Automatic Update.

Just perform a system restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-crash-after-windows-automatic-update-701589.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Is there any solution to constant system failure to a level where the blue screen turns up and laptop can't be even turned on, after every system update?

I've checked the drivers and everything, but since the big update pack somewhere in March every update ends up in system failure. And the restore points before the updates are useless, because system doesn't recognize them.

After the second time this has happened and I've lost all the files that has not been backed up on hard drive I really start to think is there something wrong to Lenovo and Windows 7 combination?

I almost start to regret that I have legal version with update option.

A:System crash after every attempt to update Windows 7 64 bit on Lenovo

* It would be very helpful if we had your System Specs to know what we are dealing with...
System Info - See Your System Specs

* Have you received any error messages?

* Have you a Win 7 disk?

* IF you are having Blue Screens of Death

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229872-system-crash-after-every-attempt-update-windows-7-64-bit-lenovo.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Rebootedmy laptop after latest Windows 7 updates. While closing it started installing latest service pack. Next time I looked at screen it had gone to a black screen scrolling white text. Each line is 'Recovering orphaned file xxxxx into directory xxxxx' has been doinng this continuously for an hour now with 2 or 3 occasional half second pauses. Any ideas what is happening and what I should do next?

A:Windows 7 update crash now getting recovering orphaned files

DO NOT MESS WITH IT!!!

IT is running chkdsk, which means your filesystem is corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-update-crash-now-getting-recovering-orphaned-files.1021882/
Relevancy 49.45%

I usually can figure stuff out through google but these problems have absolutely floored me. I have not been able to update Windows in quite some time. It claims it was never updated. I also cannot manually update Microsoft Security Essentials though it does seem to automatically update regularly. I've tried just about every suggestion on the net and nothing is working.

Then when updating my iPhone to the new iOS, the update crashed and now my phone can't even be restored through iTunes -- this may be possibly be caused by outdated Windows.

It's driving me insane. My phone is ruined, I can't update my stuff properly. What the hell? Please help!

A:Windows will not update (may also be causing iPhone crash with iTunes)

Quote:

Originally Posted by icarusbreathes

I usually can figure stuff out through google but these problems have absolutely floored me. I have not been able to update Windows in quite some time. It claims it was never updated. I also cannot manually update Microsoft Security Essentials though it does seem to automatically update regularly. I've tried just about every suggestion on the net and nothing is working.

Then when updating my iPhone to the new iOS, the update crashed and now my phone can't even be restored through iTunes -- this may be possibly be caused by outdated Windows.

It's driving me insane. My phone is ruined, I can't update my stuff properly. What the hell? Please help!

I solved it. Found a batch file through google, ran it and it slowly got my updates working again, then uninstalled all iTunes components again, reinstalled, and uninstalled the broken Apple drivers in device manager and it worked. YES!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-will-not-update-may-also-be-causing-iphone-crash-with-itunes-645479.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've got two problems one is about Windows Update and one is about random error reporting windows It's just a few days ago when I went to bad at about am it kept telling me that it automatically downloaded the problems Error Reporting Windows and Crash Update updates without my permission and if I wanted to quot Postpone quot or Restart Of course I just kept clicking Postpone but eventually I saw a little selectable field asking me how long I want it to wait for it Crash Error Reporting and Windows Update problems to ask me again so I clicked for it remind me in four hours But then I Crash Error Reporting and Windows Update problems decided to go to bed but when I clicked Shut Down when I clicked the little arrow next to it so it doesn't install updates I expected it not to try and update but you know what happens next I went to bed as normal but for some reason the computer didn't turn off I went to take a look and what was it doing that I specificly told it not to do It was installing updates So I wait it out then ages later I get up again to check and it was on my desktop again whilst I was expecting it to Crash Error Reporting and Windows Update problems turn off So my big problem here is Windows Updates how do I shut this mofo up Second little problem is crash error reporting I don't know why it keeps showing up When I let my computer just start up all the problems I get an added window from crash error reporting saying something about Task Manager when I never even touched it It does this when I close Firefox too It may seem like a little problem but it's actually very annoying and I think it takes tiny bits of space too on the hard drive I'd very much appreciate some help thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-error-reporting-and-windows-update-problems-268463.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all as you can see by the title I have minimized windows deselcted, games errors. and Windows update being being a couple of problems so I figured I would put them all into one thread to make it easier Okay this all started when all of a sudden windows would Windows being deselcted, games being minimized and windows update errors. be deselected and if I am playing a game it would be minimized I brang up a resource manager and saw that there was something there called System Interruptus not sure if this has something to do with it or not I then went to update windows because I hadn't done it in a while when I get error I have tried to fix it but to no avail I have also deleted the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder except for the ReportingEvents log So basically I need help with these two things the windows being deselected and minimized is probably the most important as it is the most annoying but I thought maybe updating windows could fix it basically I haven't updates since installing Sorry about being so vague and not having much information but I don't know why these problems would be occuring Thank you in advance for your responses P S I have scanned twice with malwarebytes anti-malware since this occuring and it only picked up one virus on the first scan and since I hardly ever torrent or anything like that I am doubting it is malware but I'm not ruling it out as a possibility

A:Windows being deselcted, games being minimized and windows update errors.

I just rolled back to a system restore point I had before I started having the windows being deselected and minimized issure, I have yet to see it happen but I just booted up and it always gets worse the more I use the computer so I will keppy you updated on if it fixes it or not etc.

Meanwhile if anyone has solutions to the problems would appreciate you posting them as it seems I am getting the problem again now

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-being-deselcted-games-being-minimized-and-windows-update-errors-647814.html
Relevancy 49.02%

since windows 7 updated, I have been getting error messages when starting checkers or spades.
sometimes the game starts and errors out before finished.
sample error code is 0x80041006

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/394268-error-messages-using-windows-games-since-windows-update.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi folks I'm having a massive headache with Games For Windows update Games Windows ID Assistant For Windows Live 8 and Live and - more specifically - the apparent need to update the Live ID Assistant The problem Games For Windows Live ID Assistant update and Windows 8 is that even if I run the installer from the Microsoft website as admin it goes as if to extract the installer file but doesn't actually do anything after that I've tried uninstalling the GFWL client rebooting and reinstalling I've tried compatibility but that isn't working either I really do not know what the heck to do with this I've looked through numerous forums that have suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the client software and some Games For Windows Live ID Assistant update and Windows 8 have said that the Live ID assistant doesn't need re-installing I happen to be fairly certain that the ID assistant is a service if I'm not mistaken so I've looked through services msc and there's not a trace of it in there so it really does need installing I can't launch any games without it and I've got a fair few that are just sat around Games For Windows Live ID Assistant update and Windows 8 doing nothing because I can't get the blasted assistant to install in the first place The next thing I notice is that even though I'm using Windows not just windows it tells me the update for the Assistant is for Windows systems Could that be part of the problem or have I really missed something Any help greatly appreciated

A:Games For Windows Live ID Assistant update and Windows 8

Ok never mind. I managed to resolve that problem.
If only I can get Batman Arkham City to work, there's a bunch of solutions out there but none of them appear to be working for me - mostly because of the GFWL stuff I think. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509167/games-for-windows-live-id-assistant-update-and-windows-8/
Relevancy 49.02%

I've been struggling with my PC for a few weeks now and everything I've done to fix it seems to make it worse First things were just hanging sometimes with a notice of quot Not Responding quot but often with no error message at all Noticed first on Secunia PSI Outlook and Firefox Windows Updates started failing All DISM - Update, Windows sfc, Crash/hang/freeze Failed: I use Advanced System Care Pro and ran all the ordinary scans I updated and ran Malwarebytes no malicious items found Windows Defender updates have been successful so I ran that a few times with no issues found CHKDSK in Admin Command box ran without issue Sometimes it takes minutes to open Task Manager or File Explorer I am trying to make sure I have backups Crash/hang/freeze - All Failed: Windows Update, sfc, DISM current because I fear I might have to Refresh the system and I am very concerned about losing Outlook data and losing other desktop program data I disabled Windows Updates and switched to Clean Boot which seems to make rebooting a bit faster takes about minutes instead of an hour At the advice of a Microsoft Tech I ran sfc scannow in clean boot First time it finished verifying then couldn't finish Next times I tried to run it it just froze without error messages even after many hours So I tried to run DISM according to tutorial on this website got Error I ran the SF Debug Tool and tried and failed at attaching the zip file here The box opened for attaching it but nothing loaded Chrome seems to be working very slowly at the moment Fortunately I have a smartphone to look up tech help when the computer is not cooperating

A:Crash/hang/freeze - All Failed: Windows Update, sfc, DISM

Shockwave Flash crashes when I try to upload the .zip file.

edited to add: I think I got it to upload:
Attachment 54130

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57313-crash-hang-freeze-all-failed-windows-update-sfc-dism.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Recently I updated my Windows with the Anniversary update Since then Visual Studio crashes like crazy and some of the programs are not working Here are the crash errors Code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot NET Runtime quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt 10 Update Anniversary 2015 Studio Windows on Crash Visual Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update Application devenv Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update exe Framework Version v Description The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception Exception Info System TypeLoadException at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL DebuggerHost VirtualAppDomain get DebuggerTypeUniverse at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL DebuggerHost GlobalContext Dispose Boolean at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL VisualStudioHost VSGlobalContext Dispose Boolean at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL VisualStudioHost Interpreter Destroy at VSDebugEngine ClrInspector VilHelper Dispose at VSDebugEngine ClrInspector VilHelper OnClose at Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataItem InvokeOnClose XapiComponentInfo Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataItem at Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataContainer OnCloseNativeObject XapiComponentInfo at Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataContainer Callback OnCloseNativeObject IntPtr XapiComponentInfo lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- And Code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt devenv exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt d lt Data gt lt Data gt KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt d c lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt d f c f dde lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x Microsoft Visual Studio Common IDE devenv exe lt Data gt lt Data gt C WINDOWS System KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt f cb c-e f- c -bd e- ddcaa fb c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Microsoft Alm Shared Remoting RemoteContainer dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b f lt Data gt lt Data gt KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt d c lt Data gt lt Data gt cc lt Data gt lt Data gt d f d aa lt Data gt lt Data gt C WINDOWS Microsoft Net assembly GAC Microsoft Alm Shared Remoting RemoteContainer v b f f f d a a Microsoft Alm Shared Remoting RemoteContainer dll lt Data gt lt Data gt C WINDOWS System KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt d ce e -ade - -bb e- dfebb b e lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ---------... Read more

A:Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Applications don't always migrate correctly to a new build. So sometimes, you are forced to re-install them.

This is not a problem with "the new windows", it's a problem with the app migration during the upgrade. Re-installing makes things correct again.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/60739-visual-studio-2015-crash-windows-10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I m asking this on behalf of a friend He has a new server bit hardware with nForce chipset I can get ANY crash Server after Explorer update 64bit 2003 windows exact specs if needed Also has Server Enterprise SP v x which is the quot educational quot version It comes via the MS academy server or something In any case so he Explorer crash after ANY windows update Server 2003 64bit has all this bit stuff right He also Explorer crash after ANY windows update Server 2003 64bit loaded Nvidia s bit nForce set Now there is no other software on this accept the one program which this whole thing was built for It required hardware and software There is no antivirus or antispyware or rd party stuff etc The problem was first seen when this program said it required NET Well big deal he goes on Windows updates sees the updates but after they install explorer can t run any more It crashes But if he uninstalls the update it works again He tried a whole handfull of updates at a time but any update he does explorer is crashing upon restart and the update has to be uninstalled So he can t load updates or NET framework Here is the error log entry that happens after any update is applied Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer THISONE Description Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module kernel dll version fault address x b For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat f e c ion Fail ure exp c f e lorer ex e e e e e b e in kerne c e c c l dll e e e at f offset b When the update is removed it works fine when ANY update is applied it crashes Very weird and neither of us can find any useful info whilst googling Any ideas nbsp

A:Explorer crash after ANY windows update Server 2003 64bit

It seems that the version he installed was a slightly earlier version with a beta Service Pack 1.
He was not able to find a full install of x64 Service Pack 1, so could not reload it, or put on SP2 or anything. He ended up having to use the trial version of the real Server 2003 (for now), and that worked fine. So there was something wrong with that install or more likely with the beta SP1 it came with.

So for now, if you have this problem, check your Service Pack version!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/explorer-crash-after-any-windows-update-server-2003-64bit.58088/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Team I am unable to update my windows bit home premium due to the above error mentioned Went through the steps of help below but I cannot find SQL Server VSS Writer program installed in my system please let me know where to find this program to download and install Crash Update to 780 Windows - Blue leading error Screen it Due to this update issue i'm seeing the blue Windows Update error 780 - leading to Blue Screen Crash screen crash of the OS Please help me out how to resolve this issue Windows Update error If you receive error when you try to install Windows updates Windows was unable to start the SQL Server VSS Windows Update error 780 - leading to Blue Screen Crash Writer service To fix this problem follow these steps Check the SQL Server VSS Writer service startup type Click to open Administrative Tools Double-click Services Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation type the password or provide confirmation Right-click SQL Server VSS Writer and then click Properties On the General tab make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic or Manual If the SQL Server VSS Writer Service Startup type is already set to Automatic or Manual follow the steps in the next procedure Review the SQL Server summary log Open the SQL Server summary log to determine which other services can't be started The log is located at programfile Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap Log Hotfix For every service listed in the log file that didn't start follow the steps under quot Check the SQL Server VSS Writer Service startup type quot above replacing SQL Server VSS Writer with the service listed in the file Error codes this applies to WindowsUpdate WindowsUpdate x Regards Anurag

A:Windows Update error 780 - leading to Blue Screen Crash

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/284529-windows-update-error-780-leading-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I was under the impression Vista was supposed to automatically download game information from allgame.com and display the game's information when you click on the thumbnail? My Vista hasn't done that since I installed BF2 and I haven't been able to manually add information using VGEE because I accidentally deleted the BF2 information and haven't been able to get another games information to show up since!

A:Games folder doesn't update with information about newly installed games.

It was my understanding that only games with the "Games for Windows" tag will show up in the games folder like you are talking about. I could be wrong tho.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/119308-games-folder-doesnt-update-information-about-newly-installed-games.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

After the 10/9/2016 windows 10 update, some of my video games have become capped at 40 fps. Yesterday prior to the update, all games were running smoothly at high fps (I have a geforce 755m). Today, I tested it with League of Legends, CounterStrike Global Offensive, and TF2. League and CSGO both run at 40 fps, while tf2 doesn't have an fps cap. I tried restoring to the previous version of windows, but that didn't work. I tried reinstalling the games, but that didn't work either. VSync is already disabled, and i tried disabling HID compliant devices but that didn't work either. If anybody could help, or share a similar experience, that would be great, thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/66408-after-windows-10-auto-update-last-night-games-suddenly-run-40-fps.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I have this Asus UX la Ultrabook and I get various blue screens They happen when playing games Hearthstone Octodad Civ or watching Youtube videos They are random but almost guaranteed to happen the those situations Most of the BSODs have ntoskrnl exe involved The error messages are pretty random some off the top of my head IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION Kernel security check failure something like that and more As far as I know there were no BSODs on Windows games BSODs update Windows 8.1 Youtube playing after or and the BSODs occur only after I updated to Windows The laptop came with Windows and I do not remember getting any BSODs while it was still running though I am not certain This is my GFs laptop and she never got any BSODs when she first got it but she also doesn't do much gaming Recently because of BSODs playing games or Youtube after Windows 8.1 update all the BSODs I did a fresh reinstall of Windows and tested it by playing hours of Youtube videos and hours of Hearthstone I received no BSODs The only things I installed after Windows reinstall the wifi card drivers Battle net Client Hearthstone I then updated to and afterwards installing only the touch-pad drivers Speccy Steam and the game Prison Architect on Steam This takes me here where I received a BSOD while playing Prison Architect The message was WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BlueScreenView has hal dll and ntoskrnl dll highlighted Any help or insight would be appreciated Thank you -S Edit I'm fairly certain my temps are OK and this is a laptop so there was no overclocking or anything The BIOS was updated in the past it is on version

A:BSODs playing games or Youtube after Windows 8.1 update

Hello,

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe0016d4d9028, be000000, 801136}
BugCheck Info: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

Code:
Processor may be overclocked!
Expected Frequency: 1600
Actual Frequency: 2295

Bugcheck 124 is an hardware error. And overclocking the CPU is a very likely cause of this BSOD. Reset the settings to standard.

Also make sure you get all the latest updates for Windows through Windows Update.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55098-bsods-playing-games-youtube-after-windows-8-1-update.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Dear Mod, i'm facing a very abnormal probs. I can't do any windows update nor any driver updates. Can't do connections with online games nor login to MSN. i.e those government site also can't login.
had reformatted 3 times with normal settings but failed. Even tried using without firewall, still unable to get all working as usual. I'm using Win Xp, registered. What does these errors shared & needed to adjust? Please enlighten me... thanks in advance

A:unable to connect to online games, msn, windows update etc..

If you reformatted and it still does that, then you've got a network problem.
It could be on your end, or it could be on the isp's end.

The first thing I would do is call them up and get a tech on the phone, who will among other things, be able to remotely reset your modem/router. It's a free call, and it could save you needless troubleshooting if the problem is not on your end.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-connect-to-online-games-msn-windows-update-etc-402986.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Prior to this I actually had the solitaire package fixed to the task bar. Now longer visible either there or in the pop up on Start, I thought it needed re-installation. However, I am told the package is already installed.

Why on earth is it not visible to me? What have I to do to rectify matter and set up an icon, so I may open easily, please.

A:Solitiare games package trouble after latest Windows Update

Originally Posted by chipwood

Prior to this I actually had the solitaire package fixed to the task bar. Now longer visible either there or in the pop up on Start, I thought it needed re-installation. However, I am told the package is already installed.

Why on earth is it not visible to me? What have I to do to rectify matter and set up an icon, so I may open easily, please.

Hi have you gone into Start, then all Apps
Then scroll down to Solitiare once there right click and it should come up pin to Start also pin to Taskbar
That is how I was able to do mine
Hopefully that will work for

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/64617-solitiare-games-package-trouble-after-latest-windows-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop automatically updated Windows 10. The update seemed to go through okay, but none of my Microsoft Games work any more. I had installed the older versions of Microsoft Games (not the new versions, which I do not like), and they had been working fine since I installed them on Windows 10. I tried de-installing them entirely, rebooting, and reinstalling, but still no luck. When I click on the file to start a game, a small 'thinking' rotating circle icon comes on for a few seconds and then nothing happens, no application starts.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439780-microsoft-games-no-longer-working-after-windows-10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello people I require some help After Microflops recent updates this Tuesday almost all my games except minecraft thank god have stopped working I click on the desktop icon and some might load to the quot click to play quot screen but won't do anything after that and STEAM won't load at all Now I've been browsing the net and I found that Microsoft decided to release botched patches this Tuesday and one of them KB has been causing issues with some games for people So far to no avail I will add I have uninstalled the KB patch and tried recent games apps windows work update. longer no all and after Almost to do a system restore but it didn't help as all games are still unresponsive I have also done a full system scan in safe mode with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwear bites both of these came Almost all games and apps no longer work after recent windows update. up clean As I still haven't found a way to get my games running normally again I am wondering if you guys and gals could suggest anything to me as I'm out of ideas Also Please note it's nor possible for me to re install windows as I was never issued with the win cd when this system was built for me Thanks

A:Almost all games and apps no longer work after recent windows update.

What happens when you try to run your PC games?

Do to Start > Type CMD > Right Click on Command Prompt and Press Run as Admin. > Type SFC /scannow in the popup window.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/almost-all-games-and-apps-no-longer-work-after-recent-windows-update-704836.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'M GETTING THIS MESSAGE WHEN I GO TO ONLY ONE WEBSITE....

An   issue prevented Internet Explorer from displaying the web page.    Click the button above to launch HP Network Check to automatically   diagnose and repair the issue.<o:p></o:p><u1:p></u1:p>
About HP Network Check

Can automatically detect, diagnose and repair   many common network issues

Integrated with Windows Network Diagnostics   Framework, so it runs both simultaneusly

Provides clear instructions to resolve issues   that cannot be fixed automatically

Shows key system and network information for   easier troubleshooting

WHEN I ALLOW DIAGNOSIS...NO ISSUE IS DETERMINED....INDICATES 'NO ISSUE FOUND WITH  CONNECTION.  HOW ONE OR TWO ISSUES WITH INTERNET WEBSITE (?)...
IT'S JUST AN EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE.....NOT COMPUTER SAAVY....NOT OFFENDED FOR A DUMBDOWN....THANK YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0bfb3377-04d7-4bcb-a868-522eda8a4a40/previous-computer-crashdue-to-windows-updaterecovery-donenow-important-website?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,

So yesterday Windows 8 prompted me that my system was going to shutdown in 15 minutes in order to apply updates that had prior been downloaded, which was fine. It shutdown, and when it restarted it look longer than usual to get past the Lenovo screen. Eventually it said I'd have to run automatic repair to fix boot issues - so I did. That failed and it said I'd have to system restore, so I did - which also failed. I then restarted the computer, and now I get to the login screen, I press enter to get the password box up, but the screen is blank. I have the accessibility options button and the power off buttons in the bottom left and right respectively, but nowhere to enter my password in order to login.

I'm not sure where to go from here, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56524-windows-8-crash-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I ve been in the field of IT for nearly years now and I just cannot figure this issue out I used to never have issues with crashing until about months to cause all almost What could games crash? ago I would get a random crash here and there but nothing major Beginning of last year I was playing a few games and they started crashing I was playing Rift and that had consistent crashing issues and I would BSOD many times a day but only while playing I thought it was a faulty GFX card so I did an RMA for the device I got the new one and it didn t help so then I checked the memory It seems that or sticks of RAM were not functioning properly and would not boot the What could cause almost all games to crash? computer I then decided it was time to build a new PC since I wanted to move to DDR over I bought all of the new parts and installed everything like I normally do I installed my games and everything was working well for a day or two Two days later my games start crashing again There were only a few things I didn t replace on the new PC I kept PSU HDD Sound Card OS I then replaced the PSU and got an SSD These didn t fix the issue either To this day no matter what game I play I experience consistent crashing Rebooting the PC seems to fix the issue for a while but then it starts again I ve reinstalled the OS run virus scans built a new computer etc I cannot figure out what the hell is going on Is it possible that the OS is corrupt I notice regardless of brand of the GPU I get consistent quot Driver has stopped responding and has recovered quot messages This can occur even if I am just reading the news on the web I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction because I cannot afford to build another PC haha not like it would help nbsp

A:What could cause almost all games to crash?

Hi Jscuzza,

I understand your frustration, it wasn't all too long ago I had a crashing issue that drove me crazy.

Could you post your Mainboard brand/model and PSU brand/model please.

Also, have you tried stripping your rig down to the bear minimum and testing this way?
Removing Extra HDD's
Using On-Board sound/graphics
Using 1 stick of memory
Limiting the amount of cores to 4

Tried the following?
Checking for unsafe temperatures
Checking for hardware damage
Updating main drivers (graphics, sound, bios)
Updating to SP1 and other Windows updates
Run HDD diagnostic tools
Tried a 32bit OS

Sorry if some of it sounds a little patronizing, it's just good to see where you're up to

Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-could-cause-almost-all-games-to-crash.1061631/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I think this is the right section to post in Recently all of the new games I buy end in a crash They are unplayable Last two games are Assassins Creed Brotherhood and crash! a in All new end games the fresh Hunted The Demons Forge After All new games end in a crash! a few minutes of gameplay I receive a don't send error For Hunted I get Code AppName p dftre dll AppVer ModName kernel dll ModVer Offset e lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot gt lt DATABASE gt lt EXE NAME quot p dftre dll quot FILTER quot GRABMI FILTER PRIVACY quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot APEX BASICIOS DLL All new games end in a crash! quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xCB BDBF quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot APEX Particles Module Dynamic Link Library quot COMPANY NAME quot NVIDIA Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot APEX Particles Module Dynamic Link Library quot FILE VERSION quot quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot APEX Particles dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot APEX B quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Copyright C NVIDIA Corporation quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x A quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot APEX CLOTHING DLL quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x A A quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot APEX Clothing Module Dynamic Link Library quot COMPANY NAME quot NVIDIA Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot APEX Clothing Module Dynamic Link Library quot FILE VERSION quot quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot APEX Clothing dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot APEX B quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Copyright C NVIDIA Corporation quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot xE D quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot APEX DESTRUCTIBLE DLL quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xC D quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot APEX Destructible Module Dynamic Link Library quot COMPANY NAME quot NVIDIA Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot APEX Destructible Module Dynamic Link Library quot FILE VERSION quot quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot APEX Destructible dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot APEX B quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Copyright C NVIDIA Corporation quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot xF C quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot APEX EMITTER DLL quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x F BA quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot APEX Emitter Module Dynamic Link Library quot COMPANY NAME quot NVIDIA Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot APEX Emitter Module Dynamic Link Library quot FILE VERSION quot quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot APEX Emitter dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot APEX B quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Copyright C NVIDIA Corporation quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x EB quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FI... Read more

A:All new games end in a crash!

Can you provide a JCGriff Report as instructed here? I understand these aren't BSODs, but the report generated is very thorough and provides us with a good amount of resources to look at this with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/all-new-games-end-in-a-crash-577841.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a problem I am a gamer with a fairly descent computer but for some reason about half the games I try end up crashing a minute or two after the program is started Everything in the game works like it s supposed to but at some point the screen freezes and the keyboard and mouse can t do anything If there is background noise or music it will continue looping over and over This happens at about the same time every time the game is run whether I am playing the game at the time or in a menu I have tried games always Why some do crash?!? control-alt-delete but it has no effect The only thing that I can do is press the restart button on the computer itself I am pretty sure it doesn t have to do with my video card because just about everything is supposed to Why do some games always crash?!? work with the Voodoo series Before beginning the games that crash I have quit everything on the system tray and shut down every little unnecessary program running in the background but the game still crashed I have even gone into System Information and turned off everything that starts up with windows Here Why do some games always crash?!? s a list of my components AMD K Mhz processor QDI Titanium B Motherboard Windows Second Edition Voodoo PCI Turtle Beach Montego sound card megs RAM Earthlink DSL Network Card Hauppauge Win TV Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro Logitech Wheel Mouse Sidewinder Freestyle Pro Gamepad If it helps here are some of the games that do crash and some that don t Crashes Motocross Madness Need For Speed Tony Hawk Pro Skater Midtown Madness Kiss Psycho Circus Rogue Squadron in Direct D and Glide Tachyon The Fringe Evolva SWAT Battlezone Superbike Infestation and the x Evolution demo Doesn t Crash Half Life Quake Unreal Tournament Deus Ex MDK Worms Armageddon Descent Drakan Episode Racer Aliens vs Predator Rogue Spear and Slave Zero So have you ever seen this problem before What is causing it What can I do to stop it If you can tell me anything it would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Why do some games always crash?!?

It appears that all the games that crash are D3D api. Trying reinstalling directx 7.0a. If your running win98 you can select the directx diagnostic's tab from system tools, windows information, tools and see if anything looks wroing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-some-games-always-crash.37286/
Relevancy 46.44%

This post may have been posted a lot of times, first of all i am sorry for my BAD english, i am portuguese and i just don't speak it fluently.

Everytime i am playing a game like half life 2 or left 4 dead, any game, my computer crashes and when it logs appears a crash message saying:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2070

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800437E010
BCP2: FFFFF880050F16BC
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000000D
BCP4: 0000000000000003
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\070913-21808-01.dmp
C:\Users\Diogo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-59529-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
btw i don't understand anything about this, so thanks! :-)

A:Games crash.

You need to follow the posting instructions here:
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296906-games-crash.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all, question for you...

I just got a nice new Samsung LCD 1080 HDTV and connected it to my computer via DVI ->HDMI connection on my 8800gtx. Everything works fine, set up refresh rate, resolution and color bits to factory recommended. Only problem is that ALL of my games crash before they can load, (Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, Oblivion, Black and White: Battle of the Gods...etc) the only thing that I can run that even resembles a game is futuremark 06. I downloaded and installed the most recent Nvidia drivers and that still didn't seem to help. Anyone have thoughts on what might be causing this?

Other system specs
Running XP Pro, latest Nvidia drivers and Directx
Nvidia 680i/EVGA 8800gtx/Core 2 Duo e6600/Corsair Dominator 1gig x 2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-games-crash-in-hd.663497/
Relevancy 46.44%

highjyugfuyy

iughyuhgcjhycyjc

A:PC games always crash?

Something is overheating, or your video card is dying.,,, Also make shure your BIOS is to default and dont OC the video card. Leave the side door open on the case, and put a house fan to it.

If it happens again then its not overheating. Its something else. Probably messed up video drivers or something....,,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-games-always-crash.113755/
Relevancy 46.44%

After a year of playing Imperial Glory with no problems all of my games began to crash - even the ones that previously worked well. After a few minutes of playing any game there would be lines stretching from the centre of the screen outwards. After flashing for a few seconds the lines would stick, the game would freeze and I would have to restart. This only happens when I play games - everything else works fine. This happens to Oblivion, Call of Duty 2 and Civilization IV as well.

Since then I have updated my RAM from 256MB to 1.25GB. I have a GeForce 6600 GT, Dell Dimension 5000 with Pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHz, 1.25GB of RAM and Windows XP. I have removed the dust from the graphics card and the fan but it just delayed the problem by 5 minutes. The problem is still there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:All Games Crash

Maybe the graphics chipset is going out. If possible, try popping in a new card and see if you get the same problem. When you have a "lines on monitor" problem, it is usually the graphics card causing it. It's probably not the monitor itself because the lines would be there all the time.

If for some reason you can't get another card without buying one, take it out and revert to your onboard video and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-games-crash.678652/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I am playing a first person shooter Crimecraft and basically crash? games do Why when I die in battle right before the respawn loads the game crashes randomly at some point My computer far surpasses the minimum spec's required and the graphics really are Why do games crash? not all that good in the game itself nothing too spectacular Now when looking for solutions to this problem I find that there are way too many possibilities and not enough ways to tests these things Its kind of like saying what's wrong with your car and saying it's the engine In other words people trying to give help are saying it could be anything in your computer or the game itself If you check your graphics card not overheating and the game runs smoothly check the ram memtest nothing do clean startup no programs interfering what's left Well maybe the Why do games crash? game itself uninstall reinstall still the same problem What is left to try All these posts on forums for pc games crashing have pages with all of them ending in quot my game is still crashing plz help quot So my question is why would a game crash while loading on a new computer

A:Why do games crash?

Compatibility settings. ? Did you try running the game with compatibility setting for older windows ?

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/44724-why-do-games-crash.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay so yesterday I install a new GPU XFX Radeon HD and I installed the drivers etc fine So yesterday I was playing my games as usual But today I decided to play San Andreas Multiplayer and after so many minutes in game I crash to desktop It is the same with my other games After the crash I then try to restart the games again but it goes to a games crash All black screen as if it's about to load the game for a second then just returns to normal desktop I have no idea what's wrong I unistalled all ATI software All games crash uninstalled my GPU drivers then re-installed only my GPU drivers After all this it's the same game knocks off after so many minutes ALSO one important thing I noticed yesterday when playing Team Fortress and Counter Strike Source I think was at the TOP right corner in of my screen I had the text WARNING OS Paged Pool Memory Low Same as this http i photobucket All games crash com albums a e e jpg Also the San Andreas Game did give me a BSOD once today with the following PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Stop details Stop x xEA C x xBF C E C x ati duag dll - Address BF C E C base at BFICC Datestamp fe Very annoying having this I cannot play any of my games I've done some research on this BSOD but nothing has really helped me find my problem First I'll tell you about the first time it happened I was in San Andreas Multiplayer driving along then some of the engine sounds didn't play and some other sounds stopped working off and on only for about seconds then it crashed back to desktop On the third crash I got BSODed EDIT Where are my manners Here's system info - I'm running Avast Antivirus amp Real time Protection Windows XP SP AMD Ahtlon Ghz GB of RAM ATI Radeon HD mb Pool memory being hogged by antivirus maybe ----- Any help will be GREATLY appreciated

A:All games crash

EXTRA Info

I just went to start SWAT4 up and it gave me this error:

Quote:

No Label

Crash Time: 03/13/09 22:49:32

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2006 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4350 (6891)

UserName: admin
ComputerName: SHAUN
Application location: D:\Program Files\SWAT4\Content\System\

SWAT Build Number: 31973

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your Swat4.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-games-crash-355785.html
Relevancy 46.44%

When I play pc games e.g. Crysis 3, dying light, farcry 4 a error appears 15min into the game and it says "the program has crashed" I tried updating my video card but still the same thing happens. It never came up before today.

My pc specs are:

Intel core i5-5200U
Nvidia Geforce 840M with 2gb dedicated ram
8gb ram

Is there any way to fix this issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-games-crash.218947/
Relevancy 46.44%

Funny, I can install certain games such as;

The Chronicles of Riddick
Fear
Dawn of War: Winter Assult
Company of Hero's
GT Legends

And several more. The problem is that when executing the .exe The moment the program checks the CD/DVD, an error comes up. Whats funny? If I download a no-cd crack, all the games work. Something is preventing the .exe to work in conjunction with the CD/DVD drive. One other game that I have is an expansion for Rollercoaster Tycoon. That won't even install.. Since the expansion goes directly to the installation folder, it crashes even before its installed. No pop-up window or anything. It just doesn't work at all.

Can you please help me?

A:Games crash in XP

The games might look for softwares like daemon tools or alcohol. If you have such softwares, uninstall them (deactivating them is not enough) and see if that solves your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/games-crash-in-xp-152578.html
Relevancy 46.44%

All games crash and go to the quot end task quot screen The problem has been around for months even before i started using windows i was on windows and i don t know how to get rid of it My pc won t crash doing anything else just games Games I play on my pc Games Help - All :/ Crash Gta Chivalry Modern Warfare League of Legends Skyrim Troubleshooting - I have taken apart my computer and re-seated all hardware and cleaned it so it is free of dust I All Games Crash - Help :/ have a GPU temp monitor and the Gpu goes up to around Degrees so it s definitely not the GPU temp I have Run a memory test with windows built in memory test but the results showed no errors I ve reinstalled windows Tested different drivers with no difference as an outcome To me doing an entire format of my OS HDD and reinstalling windows isolates it to a hardware issue More info All games run smoothly while they are in operation FPS All games crash with only an quot End Task quot option available Please let me know if you want any error logs or information Thanks in advance for any hints or tips My pc is AMD Athlon x dual core processor GHz GIG ram TB capacity AMD Radeon HD Series bit Windows OS nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

my motherboard fried I bought a new one and replaced it with a new case with more and bigger fans first time it happened I was playing Prototype my speakers made a weird click sound and the screen flashed I could still play the game but without sound then it happened playing Combat Arms and it crashed to blue screen I took out my graphics card and used my onboard one I played Lunia and it did the same but it crashed to desktop and not blue screen this is what it looked like when it was at desktop lt a href quot http s photobucket com albums p squishhh action view amp current Untitled- jpg quot target quot blank quot gt lt img src quot http i photobucket com albums p squishhh Untitled- jpg quot border quot quot alt quot Photobucket quot gt lt a gt notice the colors at the top of windows live here are my specs vista x bit AMD Athlon Processor X Dual Core Processor CPUs GHz crash. games all GB Ram Direct X NVIDIA GeForce GT Watt Power Supply please help nbsp

A:all games crash.

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/squishhh/?action=view&current=Untitled-3.jpg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-games-crash.852652/
Relevancy 46.44%

recently all of my hi-spec games have been crashing. I can play the game for a certain amount of time then it will crash and make a high pitched noise.

PLZ somebody help me

A:!! NEED HELP !! all my games crash

Overheating would be my first guess. If you have a fan, open your case and point the fan to it to cool it down and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-all-my-games-crash.875816/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey, was just wondering if anyone has any answers to my problem.

All my games made by E.A have started crashing on startup, without a error message. All the games were working fine till a point when they all stopped working all-together.
The games that dont work are: Battlefield 2, FIFA 07, NFS: Most Wanted, NFS: Underground 2 and the godfather. like i said all the games have run fine on my current P.C before, but i dont know what could be making them crash now.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

A:E.A Games crash

Doesn't matter know, sorted it, the problem was The E.A games seemed to dislike having 3 controllers pluged in, unplugged 2 and all the games worked fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-a-games-crash.509936/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all I recently bought a new machine specs below crash new my All PC games on and every game i try seems to crash It closes to the desktop and says the application needed to close Sometimes it happens after minutes and sometimes after a couple of hours The games i have tried so far are Bloodbowl - crashes after every match pretty much Dragon age Origins - All games crash on my new PC intermitten crashing Just Cause - frequent crashes Gothic - All games crash on my new PC frequent crashes Empire Total War - occasional crashing The specs are Windows Home premium bit version Intel i CPU ghz cpu s gig ram ATI Radeon HD series with what i believe are the latest drivers at version two hard drives with everything relevant to this query being on the st drive inc windows Onboard realtek sound w ATX power Supply Having checked the Event viewer it just shows that the applicaiton crashed Here are the results for the last BloodBowl crash Log Name Application Source Application Error Date Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Lex-PC Description Faulting application name BB exe version time stamp x b eb Faulting module name unknown version time stamp x Exception code xc Fault offset xdbe f Faulting process id x ac Faulting application start time x cb c ca Faulting application path C games Cyanide Blood Bowl BB exe Faulting module path unknown Report Id c d d- e- df- f f- bed d Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Lex-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt BB exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b eb lt Data gt lt Data gt unknown lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt dbe f lt Data gt lt Data gt ac lt Data gt lt Data gt cb c ca lt Data gt lt Data gt C games Cyanide Blood Bowl BB exe lt Data gt lt Data gt unknown lt Data gt lt Data gt c d d- e- df- f f- bed d lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance Dariune nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-games-crash-on-my-new-pc.931710/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I m running Windows XP SP and I seem to have run into some sever problems A little while back I had some problems with a game crashing back to desktop before it reached the main menu that is to say I say the intro things and the loading So I asked him for his run when All crash I them Games exe of the game and I replaced it and everything was fine for a few days Yesterday the same problem came up l but this time replacing the file didn t fix it I replaced most of the files and it still didn t work Then I tried of my other games and both of those crashed before reaching the main menu I All Games crash when I run them figured that it was hardware related so I updated my Catalyst drivers to but still no luck I have an Ati Radeon SE mb I tried turning off hardware acceleration but then the games just crashed immediately I ran chkdsk and dxdaig but none of them had any problems All Games crash when I run them I m really stumped as to what the problem could be and any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a fresh install games All Help. crash! of Vista updated drivers for my GTX updated chipset drivers updated BIOS SP installed all the stuff tech support would tell you lol My specs GTX Intel e OC'ed to GHz - don't worry temps are cool GB MHz DDR Corsair XMS RAM EVGA i LT Mobo W PSU I am an experienced PC user but I cannot seem to track this one down Maybe it's because I am relatively new to Vista I hope that is the reason Here is my problem EVERY game I play crashes with a quot lt process name gt exe has stopped working quot error This includes all Steam games World in Conflict Rise of Legends Yes all games are patched and up to date I tracked down the errors in the system logs For World in Conflict I am getting quot faulting module kernel dll quot For Rise of Legends I am getting quot faulting module Legends exe quot For Steam I am getting quot faulting module gameui dll unloaded quot I have been unmotivated to try any other games The crashes are random too I can play WiC for hours without a crash then load it up the next day and it crashes in the first minutes All games crash! Help. It's not my temps I am running Riva Tuner and monitoring my GPU temps constantly They are normal for this card - hovering around high s Never had these problems with All games crash! Help. XP I am stuck guys I love Vista This is coming from a rabid XP user But it looks like I might be switching back to XP - Being a hardcore gamer I cannot take these random crashes all the time ANY suggestions would be more than welcome I really want to make Vista work

A:All games crash! Help.

Check the card is correctly installed and that the power connector is hooked up. If all is good there, try switching drivers. Also check that your overclocks aren't the cause of your gaming issues.

Lastly, I see you have a 550W PS, though I'm not one for encouraging people to upgrade to super duper power supplies (wattage wise), for your system you "might" have to look at a higher wattage PS (maybe 650-750).

I myself am running an Antec 550W PS and have an ATI 4850, however If I were to upgrade my video card to a 4870 or go crossfire with my 4850?s I?d upgrade my PS to around a 650 or so.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/208208-all-games-crash-help.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I got a new computer a month or so ago, and have spent a decent amount trying to fix this (with help from various others). I gave up for a couple of weeks, and have decided to start trying again.

The problem is that every game I have tried crashes. It runs the latest games smoothly on maximum settings, but they crash. It runs old games smoothly, but they also crash. The crashes are mostly to desktops, but some are BSoDs (too quick to see number).

The thing is I think I've swapped out every component. (Or I think I have, I may have missed something)

Here is what I have:
Intel Core 2 Duo 8400
ATI Radeon 4850
3 GB RAM in a 1GB stick and 2GB stick
Gigabyte S series motherboard (GA-G31M-S2L)
Sound Blaster 5.1 VX
500 GB SATA HDD
500 GB IDE HDD
A DVDRW drive
500 Watt PSU

I've dumped in another fan also.

Um... Yeah... More information, just ask.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/most-if-not-all-games-crash-309375.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This is a post I made in the Gaming Forum I was told to move it to this forum for better support Hi I m new to the website and this is my first post so please bear with me I built my own rig and have no other problems with it besides this Problem Sometimes when playing video games such as Battlefield beta and Alan Wake my monitor turns black and the audio stutters then stops The computer is still on but needs to be restarted System crash games during before I can use it again This occurs once every - minutes usually on -D rendered full-screen games I monitor my GPU and CPU s System crash during games temperature while the GPU occasionally runs up to Celsius the crashes may occur at any temperature Specs Windows Professional bit Service Pack fully updated GeForce GTX Driver Corsair Force GS GB SSD GB RAM Intel Core i System crash during games - K CPU GHz Asus P P Pro Rev Motherboard Aspire ATX-AS W V Power Supply Details This is System crash during games the crash information I get upon rebooted my PC This could just be result from me manually rebooting see problem or it could be linked to the problem I don t know Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA FCDA BCP FFFFF F F BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users EdwinMols AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Diagnosis Do I just need a new GPU I m planning on getting a new power supply as well but I don t think that s the problem and I don t want to purchase more hardware until I know what isn t working so I can effectively replace it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I am running an Athlon XP on an MSI MS- motherboard I have X MB of DDR PC RAM and a MB GeForce FX video card My operating system is a virus and spyware free Windows XP Pro with service pack As far as I know all of my crash machine Games my drivers and my BIOS are up to date I have attached my dxdiag output in case I am mistaken My problem is that my computer will crash while I am playing a game in full screen It does not seem Games crash my machine to matter how old the game is as it will crash on Sims and World of Warcraft and it crashes on the original Unreal Tournament and Battlefield I have not had the system crash while doing other things but I do not do a lot of system intensive things outside of gaming When the machine crashes the monitor stops receiving a signal and the speakers emit a whine at whatever pitch they last received a signal for In my attempts to fix this problem I have replaced the video card with one that is much newer I have checked both sticks of RAM individually and I have taken out the sound card I have also adjusted the memory timings in my BIOS and underclocked my CPU by setting the FSB to from MHz All of my fans are running including the fan on my video card The hottest I have seen my CPU and case temps before or immediately after a crash have been and respectively I have run out of possible answers and I am running out of patience I have been struggling with this machine for about years now and I would really appreciate some assistance Let me know if I can provide any more information Thanks Kyth nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello This is my first post here and I came for help I am not games issue? then GPU lag - crash All really sure where else to go to ask about this problem since it seems pretty weird to me Every time I start my computer the first game I start it doesnt matter what game it is it will crash the first time I open it This has started happening only when I put my new Geforce GTS in my computer This happens even to games that I had previously installed that worked fine with my last graphics card Even old games that my GPU should have All games crash then lag - GPU issue? no problem running crash for All games crash then lag - GPU issue? no apparent reason I used to get an error stating that my display driver has stopped responding and has recovered when a game crashes but that has stopped with the most recent driver update The major problem however is after the first game crashes when I start the game up again it gets SUPER laggy to the point of being unplayable It even happens when I turn all graphics on super low I don t understand it The only way to make a game unlaggy is to restart my computer but then the game crashes right away and I m back where I started Quick summary All games crash upon starting computer Upon starting any game second time unplayable due to lag even older games or games on super low settings Only way to stop is to restart computer which takes me back to step I have updated to the latest drivers Here are my computer specs AMD Phenom II X Processor FX-GD AMD motherboard GB DDR GSKILL RAM GeForce GTS MB the one that comes already overclocked -Current GPU settings via MSI Afterburner -Core Voltage mV -Core Clock MHz -Shader Clock MHz -Memory Clock MHz Here is a link to the GPU in case you need more info about it http www newegg co N E Any help you could provide or recommend would be greatly appreciated Thank you Tayroar nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

My computer games always crashes now after i installed Medieval 2 total war.. I uninstalled and all its parts. So then i took the fan off the cpu and put on more of that glue stuff to make sure it wasnt overheating... which it wasnt.. i have no viruses so idk what to do somebody help me OMG HELP ME

Relevancy 45.58%

I use my Yahoo toolbar to get to Yahoo Games. 70% of the time I will click on my chosen game and IE will crash as it tries to go to the games page.
Anyone else had this problem or heard of it?
Thanks!

A:Yahoo Games Causes IE Crash??

Have you tried clearing out your browser cache?
These games also require Java. It may need to be reinstalled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yahoo-games-causes-ie-crash.463956/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all I ve had an ongoing problem with gaming on a PC PC games complete crash during I made recently When playing PC complete crash during games games namely CS GO COD Black ops Crysis and others on Steam my PC will crash completely Ie the screen will go blank sound will start jumping and I am forced to hard reset - no BSOD or data dumps I have stress tested all the main components ie CPU GFX card amp RAM all of the tests I have tried have passed perfectly fine I monitor temps during gameplay and PC complete crash during games the hottest component is the GFX card which never goes over around C My main problem is being unable to find a way of diagnosing the problem the system seems to just fail completely and is unable to generate a memory data dump Please help me I have had this problem for months now Tech Support Guy System PC complete crash during games Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI Z A-GD MS- Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

I' m a 15 year old boy from belgium (so sorry for my english) and i have some questions. I have a Medion computer. Every time when i play a game on my computer (demo or full game), it crashes after a amount of time. Somethimes after 5 min, somethimes after 1 hour. The screen just freezes and the only thing i can do is reboot my computer. I tried to instal new updates for my graphics and sound drivers and also for my motherboard but it didn't change a thing. I just bought world of warcraft and when i play it for like 5 minutes it crashes. The screen just freezes and the only thing i can do is, like i told before, is reboot. Can someone please help? I don't to much of computers so can the persons who reply explain it simple and good?

Thank you

A:crash when trying to play games

Thanks for the waffels . Plz list your computer stats, so we can further understand what you are working with. Try defraging ur computer, virus scanning, spyware scanning and so fourth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-when-trying-to-play-games.57139/
Relevancy 45.58%

So I have my friends tower Most games (friend's crash PC) over at my house because he says every time he goes to play games after about - Mins it ll crash to the desktop For example Half Life will open and then a message pops up saying the exe has stopped responding and close Empire Total War has crashed without an error message and Company of Heros crashes with an error message that isn t helpful I don t know what to do I opened the case and checked all the connections and organized the wires and everything is plugged in properly However I think it could be a couple factors in which I don t know how to fix His parts listed below or his OS which I think is a a torrented OS and not a store bought legit one Anyway help is appreciated Specs Windows Ultimate bit Most games crash (friend's PC) Gb Hard drive Most games crash (friend's PC) Rosewall watt Intel Core i Ghz Gb RAM don t know the brand probably generic Radeon HD gb memory nbsp

A:Most games crash (friend's PC)

If it is indeed a torrented OS then begin and end there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/most-games-crash-friends-pc.161907/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey Recently when I play games depending what game it is They crash with a very annoying static like glitch What would happen is a would be playing a game for example Empire Total War then all of a sudden it crashes the game freezes and little dots of different colours appear all over the screen The game can still be heard playing in the background but as far as I know the game completely crashes and there is no way to fix the problem except from turning the computer off I have checked around for some help but couldnt find any situations like mine I m not sure if its an internal problem with my computer or something wrong with the software It has happened to a few games so I know that it isn t just one game that has something is wrong it Games it has happened to include Empire Total War Company of Heroes and Overlord Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I recently put together my first computer and everything has been going wonderfully, up until I started playing games.
The other night I was playing an online FPS and the computer suddenly crashed and I got a blue screen with an error message that dissapeared too fast for me to read.
However I've gone and attached the minidump file in my post.
The problem has returned 4 times already and I'm starting to get worried, I'm not quite sure what to do.
It only happens when I play games though, which is different from the other posts I've read...

If anyone could help me out, I'd very much appreciate it! ;3

A:BSOD crash during games

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeimz

Hello,

I recently put together my first computer and everything has been going wonderfully, up until I started playing games.
The other night I was playing an online FPS and the computer suddenly crashed and I got a blue screen with an error message that dissapeared too fast for me to read.
However I've gone and attached the minidump file in my post.
The problem has returned 4 times already and I'm starting to get worried, I'm not quite sure what to do.
It only happens when I play games though, which is different from the other posts I've read...

If anyone could help me out, I'd very much appreciate it! ;3

This one was caueed by your NewDeathAdder mouse driver (danew.sys) I would download a fresh copy and install it.

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\050910-22713-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a52000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c8fe50
Debug session time: Sun May 9 19:48:23.412 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:34:53.536
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\danew.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for danew.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for danew.sys
Probably caused by : danew.sys ( danew+6da )

---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (Win32) 0 (0) - The operation completed successfully.

FAULTING_IP:
+6723952f017edf10
00000000`00000000 ?? ???

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000000000000

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002aba32e to fffff80002ac25d0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03120c98... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83816-bsod-crash-during-games.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello Here are to Games Crash Desktop my specs I had to cut some infor out to shorten the post ------------------ System Information Games Crash to Desktop ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DERF Operating System Windows Professional Games Crash to Desktop Build Service Pack Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer VIA Technologies Inc System Model KT A- BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm XP MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINNT DirectX Version DirectX b DX Setup Parameters PackageInstall DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab The file viaudios Games Crash to Desktop sys is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name GIGABYTE RADEON Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type RADEON AGP x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Gateway EV Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ati mtag sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - A - CF-DB E- A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Vinyl AC Audio WAVE Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS F B amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name viaudios sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d No Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider VIA Technologies Inc HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Vinyl AC Audio WAVE Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name viaudios sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFF ----------- DirectMusic ----------- DLS Path C WINNT SYSTEM drivers GM DLS DLS Version Acceleration n a Ports Microsoft Synthesizer Software Not Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Default Port Vinyl AC Audio WAVE Software Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Microsoft MIDI Mapper Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Out... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-crash-to-desktop.241869/
Relevancy 45.58%

My games now crash straight to the desktop now. GTA V, MGS V, Just Cause 3, very strange I don't know if it was a Windows update or something with Nvidia? I rolled back drivers and still the same, it was doing it before this update but out of the blue. It worked fine before, great frame rates.

If I shut down and start up and load Just Cause, it got to the menu, but crashed right after. Once it got a few seconds into the game but was running 10 fps never had that before.

Strangely I can run LEGO Jurassic World and Disney Infinity just fine. What could be wrong? Bad GPU?
INTEL XEON CPU E5 2650 0 @ 2GHZ
32GB RAM
GTX 970
NVIDIA DRIVER 361.75
WIN 10 PRO

A:Games Crash Right to Desktop Now

At least your's are crashing straight to the desktop! Still keeping a few very old titles running from 2000-2001 98-XP compatible now still running on the 64bit 10 lately one has been crashing not while playing but when going to exit seeing the program crash. And then finally the hard boot came when the entire desktop froze up solid with both displays seeing a black screen.

This is where you start looking at the programming structure for each game title and for which versions it was written for with some very exclusive to only a couple of them. Metal of Honor XP ONLY! Would not run on the 32bit Vista but somehow went on the 32bit 7 two versions later and ran. Some games liked 7 quite well but simply do not like anything newer! And then you start looking at a combination of factors.

You can have everything in Windows set up perfectly and some game will still crash not from some video or sound driver but a glitch in game's own encoding with 10 still being relatively new and those games titles needing patches still. 10 is still in need of seeing more updates to work out all the bugs in the OS while the game companies need to either come up with patches or sell you a newer 10 compatible version. It's a mixed bunch of things trying to sort out without any one absolute solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/39184-games-crash-right-desktop-now.html