Windows Support Forum

Windows Explorer takes 5-8 seconds to open a File Properties window!

Q: Windows Explorer takes 5-8 seconds to open a File Properties window!

Hi everyone!

I tried to ignore this problem, but it has become increasingly frustrating when I have to work with files in Windows Explorer.

The problem is, when I right-click on a file and choose Properties, it takes 5-8 seconds to open the File Properties Window. Strangely, when I do the same with folders (Folder Properties) the window opens almost instantaneously as it should. I have tried to fiddle around with ShellExView but to no avail - after all, I assume that program is just for controlling context menu entries. I searched and googled but I couldn't find any similar problems, the closest I got was that software.

Do you know what's the problem? Thanks in advance! 

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Explorer takes 5-8 seconds to open a File Properties window!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Explorer takes 5-8 seconds to open a File Properties window!

You can keep disabling more non-microsoft extensions in shellexview and see if any of them are causing it (do a system backup first)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588418/windows-explorer-takes-5-8-seconds-to-open-a-file-properties-window/
Relevancy 92.45%

Machine SPecs:
Dell Dimension E520
Vista Home Premium SP1
Intel Pentium D(2)2800 MHz
4 gig RAM
100 gig HD free disk space

issue:
wordperfect x3 is very slow opening and closing documents. sometime up to 20 seconds to open or close. No other programs are having issues, including MS Word. i have contacted corel but have no response.

Thanks for any suggestions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wordperfect-takes-20-seconds-to-open-a-file-in-vista.788318/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello everyone I have file trying properties to Explorer certain open crashes when Windows been unable to view the properties of certain files Whenever I select the file right-click and select Properties Windows Explorer crashes and restarts The same thing happens when I try to select Properties through the Organize menu dropdown I found a couple of relevant threads in this forum but they don't seem to have been resolved http www sevenforums com general-d ties-file html Right Click Properties Crash My issue Windows Explorer crashes when trying to open certain file properties is more similar to the first thread It is only files not folders or drives And it is only certain types of files the affected file types seem to be video files in general while all other file types seem OK although mp files seem to be a mixture of both some works and some fails Anyway I have tried all methods provided by Sir George in the first thread My graphic drivers are up to date the sfc scan came up clean screenshot the Microsoft Safety Scanner came up clean screenshot and the problem persisted after booting in safe mode as well as after a clean boot I have even scanned and fixed the registry using AVG PC TuneUp turned off the Data Execution Prevention DEP feature and scanned the hard drives for errors There were no errors found from scanning the hard drives and the problem remained Can anyone please provide me with further advice or instructions Any insight would be very much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows Explorer crashes when trying to open certain file properties

Have you tried uninstalling AVG?
What is the file association of video files (avi mpg mp4 etc.)

Mine is set for
.avi - Windows Media Player.
all .mp* - Windows Media Player

Look in Control Panel, Default Programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333447-windows-explorer-crashes-when-trying-open-certain-file-properties.html
Relevancy 85.57%

This is the weirdest thing i've ever encountered in windows brand new computer i installed my normal program office vs net sql developer stardock start and some other basic stuff etc i to seconds program windows 8.1 taskbar open takes 10+ have this computer and google chrome pinned to the task bar if i left click either of them they take seconds to open I can run either from a short cut on the desktop or anywhere else and they both open instantly i can fix this behavior by right clicking the task bar and clicking lock the task bar now both chrome and this computer open instantly for about min eventually they both go back to seconds i can then right click and do unlock the task bar and it fixes it for a min etc i 8.1 windows taskbar takes 10+ seconds to open program think it might have something to do with office i'm going to try to uninstall that and reinstall and see if it helps the 8.1 windows taskbar takes 10+ seconds to open program little pop up messages in the upper right corner for quot you have an email quot are also very slow when i click on it to open the email in outlook i'd appreciate any ideas as i'm stumped Thanks

A:8.1 windows taskbar takes 10+ seconds to open program

uninstalling office didn't help, nor did reinstalling it

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49598-8-1-windows-taskbar-takes-10-seconds-open-program.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I am noticing that when I click to open a folder in the File Explorer, the folder automatically opens in a new window.

Then if I click on another folder or file, that automatically opens in a new window as well and so on. It is annoying to have to keep closing windows.

I cannot locate how to change that behavior back to where I had it where it only opened in another window if I clicked for it to do so and not by default.

I am not seeing that as an option in the menus.

Any suggestions or advice here?

A:File Explorer Windows Automatically Open in New Window?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunrise12

I am noticing that when I click to open a folder in the File Explorer, the folder automatically opens in a new window.

Then if I click on another folder or file, that automatically opens in a new window as well and so on. It is annoying to have to keep closing windows.

I cannot locate how to change that behavior back to where I had it where it only opened in another window if I clicked for it to do so and not by default.

I am not seeing that as an option in the menus.

Any suggestions or advice here?

Hi sunrise12,
you can certainly turn that off, go to any folder or file and press "alt", then press T (Tools) and then press O (Folder Options), this is your folder options, the first thing you come to is this :

select "open each folder in the same window", apply and click ok and that should fix this for you.

MrNeeds

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/351390-file-explorer-windows-automatically-open-new-window.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I've noticed that when my computer first boots up, Windows Defender opens almost immediately when I double-click the system tray icon, but after opening it the first time, subsequent attempts take ~10 seconds after double-clicking the icon.
Any ideas? I've already checked and it's not in the middle of a scan or anything. Also, I've opened Defender from the settings menu (there's a button that says "Open Windows Defender") and it opens instantaneously via this button even when it's opening slowly from the system tray.

Is this normal behavior or is something strange going on here? This is basically a completely fresh install of Win 10 and I'm pretty sure I don't have any viruses or malware going on...

A:Windows Defender takes ~10 seconds to open from system tray icon

Mine (Ver 1607 AU) does the same? When I open from system tray, it takes a long time to open.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/63574-windows-defender-takes-10-seconds-open-system-tray-icon.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello I m using Windows XP SP For the past several seconds Explorer takes locks Windows up load, about to randomly 20-40 months Windows Explorer had been slow to open maybe about - seconds but since it wasn t THAT long I just lived with it Unfortuantely recently it Windows Explorer takes about 20-40 seconds to load, locks up randomly has begun taking much longer - seconds as well as randomly locking up and crashing Symptoms - It s happening in any Windows Explorer window If I press Ctrl-E it happens as well as using a folder shortcut to open My Documents although if I open My Documents the wait is only about - seconds - When pressing Ctrl-E there is a delay of about - seconds before Windows Explorer opens at all It then opens with an hour glass shows me my drives folders but without icons next to them The hour glass stays for about - seconds until finally I can click on something When navigating through Windows Explorer opening a new drive or a folder that contains a lot of files oftentimes causes it to lock up for about seconds as the hard drive spins loudly - When returning to my desktop typically about of the desktop items have the default quot Can t find the icon quot icon that windows uses Slowly over the course of about seconds the correct icons load and I hear the hard drive spinning loudly - Lately I ve also been occasionally getting blue screens reboots What I ve done - Updated and done full system scan with AVG free Found nothing - Updated and done full system scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Found nothing - Performed a clean boot Had same problem with Windows Explorer delay - Ran Windows Debugger on the minidump file that was created of the last BSOD I won t post the whole thing here but the last line came back with quot Probably caused by MA sys MA quot which is a driver for my M-Audio external USB ASIO sound device This has been working fine and the driver hasn t been updated since XP was first installed on this machine - Ran Chkdsk r on C found nothing - Ran SMART test on all hard disks passed And now I m running out of ideas so I thought I d post here and see if anyone had any additional ideas I know typically you request a HJT log but I wanted to post to make sure I didn t miss any obvious steps before I posted that The odd thing is no other programs seem to be running slow Firefox IE Office etc all run fine Additionally when I browse files through another program like using the quot Save as quot file option all folders load quickly and there is no delay It s just Windows Explorer and of course the occasional BSOD which is a pain that happens about once a week I m getting to the end of my rope and tempted to just do a clean re-install of XP but I m hoping to upgade to Windows next month anyway so I d like to try to get this install of XP to last until then Thanks for any help

A:Windows Explorer takes about 20-40 seconds to load, locks up randomly

FWIW: A damaged system file...may not show any observable impact to the user from damage...but it may be reflected in system operation. The fact that any driver for a device...appears to be working properly...can be superficial and erroneous.It's also good to remember that in a system...something wrong with one file may manifest itself in a malfunction of something else. Examples are all the various types of memory errors...which are really caused by something other than memory but manifest themselves in the functioning of system memory.If you have a .dmp error file which fingers a given driver as having problems...IMO, it's having problems.At the least, I would uninstall it and then reinstall it.It might be a good idea (certainly won't hurt) to run the sfc /scannow command. This is designed to detect and replace any damaged or missing system files.How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260254/windows-explorer-takes-about-20-40-seconds-to-load-locks-up-randomly/
Relevancy 77.83%

dead delay 45 sec to open web pages

A:IE9 takes 45 seconds to open web pages

try resetting ie9 to default, disable any toolbars and addons to see if it helps. If it does, start turning them back on one at a time till you find the problem one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-takes-45-seconds-to-open-web-pages-577082.html
Relevancy 77.83%

What could be causing this. It used to come up immediately when I clicked on the icon on my desktop. Could it be the anti-virus software checking it out before it allows it to open?

A:Recycle Bin takes 15 seconds to open up

Usually happens if you've added any hard drives (esp external ones) and they've gone to sleep. The delay is caused by the wake-up time since there's a separate database of deleted files on every drive. message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/recycle-bin-takes-15-seconds-to-open-up/19115.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I m new here I ve been asked for help about this problem in like other forums and noone know what to do about Open 8 - seconds?! Takes images This is my last call so now it s up Open images - Takes about 8 seconds?! to you guys So the problem It all started on a LAN After the LAN my computer takes about seconds to open a Image file Audio Music file Textdocument Open images - Takes about 8 seconds?! And Video Other programs such as Flash Photoshop etc etc runs normally and there is no delay at all So I ve been googling this alot and found out that it have to be something to do with a quot Broken local network link quot or something like that What I already have tried to solve my problem Defragment Open images - Takes about 8 seconds?! C-disk Virus-scan used programs as kaspersky ad-aware etc System Restore Copy the pictures and open them on another disk Install another picture-viewer program Quit sharing files on Local area network Interesting things When I load windows in quot Safe mode without internet connection quot everything works perfectly But when I start quot Safe mode with internet connection quot it is the same problem again Also when I unplugg the internet cable everything is good again and no delay but as soon as I plugg it back in it starts to lagg Please could anyone help me Sorry for my bad english nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

System was infected with malicious software hacking tools and unwanted tools SpyFalcon Vcodec and others These were quot cleaned quot using a number of different tools Disc Clean-up CWShredder TrendMicro Ad-Aware Spybot AVG and others Home page is still slow to open seconds Please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on 45/50 Open Takes Page To Seconds Home Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost Home Page Takes 45/50 Seconds To Open exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files InterMute SpySubtract SpySub exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft Home Page Takes 45/50 Seconds To Open AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system DllHost exeC WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exeC Documents and Settings Charles Rose My Documents My Music HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ctv ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http hispeed rogers comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Rogers Hi-Speed InternetO - HKLM Run MediaPipe P P Loader quot C Program Files p pnetworks mpp pl exe quot HO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Global Startup SpySubtract lnk C Program Files InterMute SpySubtract SpySub exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http hispeed rogers comO - DPF CE A - - -AB D- B E E Project ctlProxy - http www rogershelp com yahoo connection es ctlProxy cabO - DPF E DE - - B - F -C E A F E Microsoft PID Sniffer - https support microsoft com OAS ActiveX odc cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cabO - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeO - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe

A:Home Page Takes 45/50 Seconds To Open

Hello,Go to start > controlpanel > software and uninstall next programs if still present:p2pnetworksNotification UtilityReboot afterwards.After reboot,Check and fix next entry in hijackthis:O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MediaPipe P2P Loader] "C:\Program Files\p2pnetworks\mpp2pl.exe" /HThen delete next folders if still present:C:\Program Files\p2pnetworksC:\Program Files\Notify* Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tabClick the "Delete Cookies" buttonNext to it, Click the "Delete Files" buttonWhen prompted, place a check in: "Delete all offline content", click OK* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):Go to Tools > Options.Click Privacy in the menu on the left side of the Options window.Click the Clear button located to the right of each option (History, Cookies, Cache).Click OK to close the Options window
Alternatively, you can clear all information stored while browsing by clicking Clear All.
A confirmation dialog box will be shown before clearing the information.* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.Press OK to remove them.I see in your first post you mention that your system was heavily infected before, that's why I also want you to run next online scan:* Perform an onlinescan with panda: (please use this scanner instead of any other scanner!)Panda Online- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button- A new window will open...click the Check Now button- Enter your Country- Enter your State/Province- Enter your e-mail address and click send- Select either Home User or Company- Click the big Scan Now button- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)- When download is complete, click on Local Disks to start the scan- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.Post the contents of the Panda scan report and a new hijackthislog.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50748/home-page-takes-4550-seconds-to-open/
Relevancy 76.11%

When I open a .doc file in word 2003 for the first time, the document opens, then is sometimes briefly editable (maybe for 1 or 2 seconds), then word freezes for exactly sixty seconds (regardless of the document size).

Having opened the file in word and re-save it as a .doc file (without making any changes), subsequent reopening the same file happens almost immediately, although the file is now 4kb larger.

I'm pretty sure this started happening shortly after I installed the Microsoft Compatibility pack for Office 2007 to get support for .docx / pptx / .xlsx files.

Any ideas why, is anybody else having this problem? Certainly a couple of my colleagues are having the same issues. Powerpoint and Excel seem to be unaffected.

Relevancy 75.68%

Windows Ultimate -bit Gig RAM Intel Core Duo E GHz NVIDIA board I ve been running this system just Seconds menu in takes Right-click Win Explorer 10 fine until recently when this problem with the right-click menu started Actually Right-click menu in Win Explorer takes 10 Seconds it is a problem specific to the quot New quot portion of the right-click menu in Windows Explorer I can right-click a blank portion of an Explorer window and I get the usual instant pop-out menu but if I click quot New quot it takes a full ten seconds to respond For ten seconds it is as though Right-click menu in Win Explorer takes 10 Seconds I didn t click at all then the quot New quot nested menu appears and everything works as normal If I impatiently click several times in a Right-click menu in Win Explorer takes 10 Seconds row during that ten seconds on quot New quot everything grays for the rest of the ten seconds then the Windows Desktop redraws completely and I have to start over again trying to use the quot New quot menu This has been going on for about two weeks Suggestions nbsp

A:Right-click menu in Win Explorer takes 10 Seconds

How To Fix Slow Right Click Problems In Windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-click-menu-in-win-explorer-takes-10-seconds.1028886/
Relevancy 75.25%

Truly had a hard time trying to describe a proper title Here's what I mean Since I got this computer years ago and along it to unused seconds this 10 drive 5 normal? takes open, Folder on is to Windows I had this problem and questioned if it was a normal Win thing or not I turn on the PC and for ex I go online This means I am presently working on my C Folder on unused drive takes 5 to 10 seconds to open, is this normal? drive since that is where my OS sits and along it my Browser But at one point say minutes later I want to open a file folder which happens to be on a different drive D E Folder on unused drive takes 5 to 10 seconds to open, is this normal? whatever Well at this point I hear coming from my computer sitting below me the drive begin to spin-and I need to wait from to seconds before I see anything on the screen--Windows Explorer Is this normal or what If not what is going on exactly At this point afterwards the folder siting on the drive takes no time to open or a new folder or whatever but if I wait a while say minutes and then decide to open another folder sitting on another drive the same thing happens

A:Folder on unused drive takes 5 to 10 seconds to open, is this normal?

Hello pintree,

Yes, this is normal when you have Windows set to Turn off hard disk after X amount of idle minutes instead of "Never". If you like, the tutorial below can helps how you how to set this to "Never" to no longer have your hard drives turn off.

Hard Drive - Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle or Never

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/282722-folder-unused-drive-takes-5-10-seconds-open-normal.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so some of you may have noticed this is my second thread -- Infected Extremely Open A over Word Seconds to Takes 30 Computer Document beacuse well it's the Extremely Infected Computer -- Takes over 30 Seconds to Open A Word Document second computer This one's my dad's Anyways DSS WILL Extremely Infected Computer -- Takes over 30 Seconds to Open A Word Document NOT RUN -- IT CONTINUOUSLY ENCOUNTERS ERRORS AND MUST CLOSE I did follow the rest of the instructions but since DSS will not run I will post a HIJACKTHIS LOG below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS htpatch exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C WINDOWS System sistray EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Metacafe MetacafeAgent exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Program Files Metacafe Metacafe exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Andy Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - URLSearchHook no name - E -B C- -E E - B F C F - no file O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run HTpatch C WINDOWS htpatch exe O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe O - HKLM Run Deskup C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons deskup exe IMGSTART O - HKLM Run IntelliType quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run POINTER C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I G EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX Copy C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I G EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX Copy quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run SiS Tray C WINDOWS System sistray EXE O - HKLM Run barint TorontoMail exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exe O - HKLM Run dmtgk exe C WINDOWS System dmtgk exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS... Read more

A:Extremely Infected Computer -- Takes over 30 Seconds to Open A Word Document

It's been 48 hours so... --->BUMP

I've done some stuff since I originally posted, so here's a new log...

Deckard's System Scanner v20070826.66
Run by Zack on 2007-09-01 2201
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- HijackThis (run as Zack.exe) ------------------------------------------------

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:02:55 PM, on 9/1/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMon.exe
C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMonTaskbar.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Fraps\fraps.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccWarden.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\googlewebaccclient.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\Ad-Watch2007.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Trend Micro\HijackThis\Zack.exe
C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.ati.com/technology/h264.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = http://localhost:9100/proxy.pac
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Megaupload Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-CCB0-B130EEDBE97C} - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~2\MEGAUP~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: Google Web Accelerator Helper - {69A87B7D-DE56-4136-9655-716BA50C19C7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: OToolbarHelper Class - {EAD3A971-6A23-4246-8691-C9244E858967} - C:\Program Files\PayPal\PayPal Virtual Debit Card\PayPalHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Megaupload Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-CCB0-B130EEDBE97C} - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~2\MEGAUP~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: PayPal Virtual Debit Card - {DC0F2F93-27FA-4f84-ACAA-9416F90B9511} - C:\Program Files\PayPal\PayPal Virtual Debit Card\OToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Web Accelerator - {DB87BFA2-A2E3-451E-8E5A-C89982D87CBF} - C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogMeIn GUI] "C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\LogMeInSystray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch LGDCore] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\G-series Software\LGDCore.exe" /SHOWHIDE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch LCDMon] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\G-series Software\LCDMon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelAudioStudio] "C:\Program Files\Intel Audio Studio\IntelAudioStudio.exe" TRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/extremely-infected-computer-takes-over-30-seconds-to-open-a-word-document-178677.html
Relevancy 74.39%

This is definitely the best forum for tech help I ve come across in a long time so maybe someone here is familiar with this problem Okay I use XP Pro I ve got all the updates available and it works just great accept for one very annoying issue it takes exactly minutes i ve clocked it to open up any explorer windows Like my computer my documents or to Windows Open! mins Strange: It 2 Exactly Takes for Explorer any specific Strange: It Takes Exactly 2 mins for Explorer Windows to Open! folder control panel and most frustratingly it affects the Internet Explorer It takes mins to go from one webpage to another no matter what and that totally defeats the purpose of having DSL Luckily Netscape is not affected so I m using that now Also I can t open up run find or windows explorer when I click on them nothing happens ever No other programs are affected I can click on say Windows Media Player and it ll open right up Only if it s in an explorer window will it stall while opening Here s what I have Compaq Presario XP Pro and something RAM can t remember exact number I have Adaware Spybot and Norton Antivirus software I ve posted this query on a few help forums but I haven t had any luck with solutions so far mostly I ve gotten folks convinced that I have spyware or a virus slowing things down even after I ve scanned and scanned with the latest software and found nothing Is there anyone here who s heard of this problem or knows what I can do to figure it out I ve just scanned with all my software so I know that won t help Thanks so much for any info I m extremely grateful all suggestions Darlene nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

A certain set of programs take over a minute to run. If I double click the executable it takes over a minute before the program launches.

Equally attempting to access the file properties takes a similar amount of time.

(the file happens to be audioconverter.exe (part of a set of programs to re-encode mkv's - e.g. strip out of the dts track and reencode with ac3, etc.)

Only files in this set of sub-directories seem to be affected, the rest of the machine performs perfectly.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Nick

A:File Properties or running the program takes long time

What's the name of the program exactly? if the rest of the installed ones are not giving you any kinds of trouble, that could be a hint..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/130215-file-properties-running-program-takes-long-time.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,

I am not new to Windows at all, but I am trying hard to get this view back in my Windows 8 File Explorer from Windows 7.
(I need to link to a pic, as I do not know the correct terms for it.)
http://img.technospot.net/wINDOWS-8-...Disk-Tools.png

I think it is possible, just do not know how to get the disk size and space used properties to show.

A:Windows 8 File Explorer properties view question

Have you tried this?

Attachment 24387

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/27929-windows-8-file-explorer-properties-view-question.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I cannot see or edit most Publisher 2010 file properties in Windows explorer and the file properties do not work in Windows searches. I can access the metadata information from within Publisher, but not from Windows 7 explorer. When I right-click on a Publisher file (or PDF file) from Windows explorer I do not get these metadata fields at all.

I used to be able to see and edit these in Windows XP and Vista. I can see Name, Date Created, Date Modified. But I cannot see/edit -Tags, Title, Categories. No preview of the file is displayed either.

All these are visible and able to be edited with other types of files (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) It seems to be just with Publisher, although it is possible PDF files might have the same problem. I can see previews of PDF files but not title, tags, category (its possible the PDF's I have just don't have this metadata).

A:Publisher File Properties not visible in Windows Explorer

It is most likey a problem with an IFilter. Update your filter pack here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290608-publisher-file-properties-not-visible-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I posted this on cnet with no responses yet so I'll post it here and maybe you guys can help me So yesterday I was on my laptop and everything was fine I went to Explorer takes time to Windows long open startup, Slow open a minimized firefox browser and everything got really slow After I finally got the all of the tabs and the browser closed things were still not right I restarted After that I opened firefox and closed it I reopened and Slow startup, Windows Explorer takes long time to open it said it was already running I waited a few seconds and got the same message I opened up task manager and it was still running The computer was still slow so I decided to do a system restore to When it restarted after doing the restore I got a black screen with the mouse pointer The activity light wasn't flashing so I opened up task manager and shut it down I restarted and it was really slow to start up Now everything worked except windows explorer was slow to respond and would take much longer to open than normal Libraries button on quick launch I did a sfc scannow and found nothing Next I backed up and ran avast superantispyware and malwarebytes and found nothing all on full scan When I ran malwarebytes I was in safe mode and windows explorer still didn't come up like it should in safe mode So I did another system restore to and it hung at the black screen again but I let it sit for about minutes and it finally came up this time with a box saying it was successfully restored Still have slow start up although that was when system restore had restarted it and also the windows explorer is still slow Everything else seems fine Firefox comes right up Windows explorer does open just extremely slow I'm thinking I just need to double check my backup and do a full system restore back to factory but I really don't want to do all of that Any ideas I have no idea why it would Slow startup, Windows Explorer takes long time to open just all of a sudden get slow

A:Slow startup, Windows Explorer takes long time to open

Let's see what VEW by Vino Rosso has to say http://images.malwareremoval.com/vino/VEW.exe
Download and save it to your desktop

Double click it to start it Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will need to right click the file and select Run as administrator and click Continue or Allow at the User Account Control Prompt.

Click the check boxes next to Application and System located under Select log to query on the upper left

Under Select type to list on the right click the boxes next to Error and Warning Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 also click the box next to Critical (not XP).

Under Number or date of events select Number of events and type 20 in the box next to 1 to 20 and click Run

Once it finishes it will display a log file in notepad
Please copy and paste its entire contents into your next reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195811-slow-startup-windows-explorer-takes-long-time-open.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

Recently on Windows 8 file explorer some details started to be displayed on the right hand side.  They can be best described as a large icon with some file information like how many files are stored or what type of file they are. 

Does anyone know how to remove this icon and information.  I find it quite annoying and cannot remove via any of the settings.

A:Windows 8 File Explorer - properties displayed on right hand side ?

Sounds like you might have enabled the Preview or Details pane.
In Windows Explorer, click the "View" tab in the Ribbon.  In the "Pane" segment on the left side of the Ribbon, unclick either Preview Pane or Details Pane (whichever is highlighted) and it should go back to "normal".David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/787fe06c-80be-4cf7-8d77-2c5aba029b94/windows-8-file-explorer-properties-displayed-on-right-hand-side-?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 72.24%

Mod edit Moved to Malware Logs forum boopme All my desk top files open in a rt click window only properties and its very new I in open files window properties ran anti malware nothing found ran combo fix here are the results ComboFix - - files open in properties window - becky - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running from E ComboFix exeAV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Microsoft Security Essentials files open in properties window Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E files open in properties window BFDE SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgcebc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb background htmlc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb crossriderManifest jsonc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData manifest xmlc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins jsonc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins base jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins dealply m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins intext m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins jollywallet m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins corticas m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins icm m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins coupons intext ads m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins similar web m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins luck m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins intext adv m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins superfish no search no coupons m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins arcadi m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins revizer ws m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins revizer p m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins superfish pricora m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins CrossriderAppUtils jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins arcadi m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins getdeal m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins CrossriderUtils jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensio... Read more

A:files open in properties window

should hav done it befor I used  adaware and it found the culprit  now I am up and running again Gosh I love this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522550/files-open-in-properties-window/
Relevancy 71.38%

I've been fighting properties window since I installed window 10...
I use this function a lot. The problem is the properties window opens in the background.
So I have to minimize all the windows I have open to see the properties window.
The weird thing is the properties window is the only one that does that, When I open a new
window of anything it opens in the forground.
Is there a way to force the properties window open in the forground...Thanks...

A:How to force the properties window open in the foreground!

I fixed it.. If anyone is having this same issue... This is what I used to fix my problem... It's for Windows 7 but it applies to windows 10...
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...6-aa3364b4b1a7

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39679-how-force-properties-window-open-foreground.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi

I hope someone can help.
After i startup, which seems pretty quick, i click on the Internet Icon which should (used to!) immediately open the dial up window and start dialing for a connection.
Now when i click the Icon, the hourglass shows for approx i min, then the dial up window comes up ???
Any ideas....PLEASE

Relevancy 70.09%

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

A:Explorer Crashes on loading Properties Window

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyUK

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

Hi JohnnyUK have you seen this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp give it a shot. Also take a look at this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-on-loading-properties-window-42813.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I was told to also post this iunder this category.

I'm about to tear out my hair. First Windows Explorer keeps stopping, searches for solution then restarts. About the time this problem, I noticed that Windows Explorer will change the original creation date on some of my files. It might be all files in folder or just certain types. I've yet to make a connection with when this is happening or what is causing it. Not necessarily when Windows Explorer stops. It's difficult when you can't tell which is the oldest/newest file in a folder.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, which I keep updated, McAfee, AntiMalware Bytes and SuperAntiSpyware, also all updated.

I'm begging! Can someone help me please?

Thanks,
Lisa

A:Window Explorer keeps stopping/Windows Explorer Changed File Dates

lochkelly,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst.

Please read NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help and post/attach the three logs mentioned. These logs will give me a place to start and give you back a better working computer. If any problems completing, continue with next log and let me know what happened in your next post.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Thanks. I can begin working on removing your malware when you submit those logs.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/window-explorer-keeps-stopping-windows-explorer-changed-file-dates-870266.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys I have a weird problem Every time i want to open some folder explorer opens new window for it For example if i want to open Program Files I'll open my computer first window then Local disk C second window then Program Files third window Ok that wouldn't be hard to fix Just go to the windows in constantly window Explorer new open folder options and select open each folder in the same window Problem is It is already set that way So select open each folder in the same window is selected and it's still Explorer windows constantly open in new window doing it same mulitple windows I've tried to slecet another option and return to Explorer windows constantly open in new window the first one but it wouldn't work I've scanned my computer with ad-aware spybot eset avg etc and there are no spyware malware viruses just that annoying thing Can anyone tell me how to fix or the only way to do it is reinstall P S I hope i've put the thread in correct forum Tnx

A:Explorer windows constantly open in new window

was this on a clean install or an upgrade?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/69369-explorer-windows-constantly-open-new-window.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,
I have an Samsung SSD EVO 850 (250GB), 8GB of DDR3 RAM and a I3-2120 (Sandy Bridge) CPU
Running windows 7 with service pack 1 ( 6.1.7601 according to ver command)
Boot takes 60 seconds to load.
Been trying Sfc /scannow

Here is some useful stuff from my computer:
ntblog.txt
System information log
System (Event viewer)

I have also found this guide guide
At first i have choosen the first one - Only discovering problems but without repairing them.
Rebooted my pc then went to the event viewer. There i have seen that ArcSec Driver has failed to start.
I have switched to the second option that includes repair, rebooted my pc and nothing. nothing has changed.
I have launched Autoruns Sysinternals and found some problems - deleted some, disabled some but it changed nothing. Still boot takes 60 seconds (from the moment "starting windows" is on the screen till you can type a password)

Photo number one
Photo number 2

Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/400330-windows-7-takes-60-seconds-boot-using-ssd.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have been having problems recently with my computer preforming very slowly When ever I open up a new browser window it usually take a couple on minutes before I can do anything with it I would greatly appreciate it if you could see if there are any problems with my computer and what I can do I have run all Computer acting of slowly window ie couple a takes to a minutes open new the advised programs listed in this forum Thanks for your help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Computer acting slowly takes a couple of minutes to open a new ie window Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System SKS fast exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files ssembly canregw exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Deb Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - C ED E- AC- D- A B- D E B B - C WINDOWS System fxu dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - C ED E- AC- D- A B- D E B B Computer acting slowly takes a couple of minutes to open a new ie window - C WINDOWS System fxu dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - A -B -BBA - -EF B B C - C WINDOWS System yeuwnkgu dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - B B B-C CC- F -EA - E C E - C WINDOWS System csmll dll file missing O - BHO no name - E -EF E-B AD- E -B EF C - C WINDOWS System kesajbs dll file missing O - BHO no name - F F CA A- EA- E- D A- BE D A E - C WINDOWS System dyfarq dll file missing O - BHO no name - F F CA F- EA- E- D A- BE E - C WINDOWS System dyfarq dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run Aaou quot C WINDOWS System SKS fast exe quot -vt ndrv O - HKCU Run Rmgv C Program Files Common Files ssembly canregw exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AdobeCollabSync exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv S in AvSniff cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv S bin cabsa cab O - DPF CB B- F- DF- B - F AA F Photodex Presenter AX control - http www photodex com pxplay cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip B A B- C - C - - A F A NameServer O - AppInit DLLs O - S... Read more

A:Computer acting slowly takes a couple of minutes to open a new ie window

Hi

I see you are not running any Service Packs. These will be needed later.Please save and run the download.It will copy the results to your clipboard. Will you copy and paste them back here please.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-acting-slowly-takes-a-couple-of-minutes-to-open-a-new-ie-window-134688.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My wife's computer has a problem I can't work out - though I suspect it's a simple setting I can't find.

Whenever she opens a second IE window the earlier one closes immediately. She can't have two windows on screen. This is true even if a right mouse click selects open link in new window. The link opens but the previous page shuts.

I have run Spybot, Adaware, Cleanup and virus checker.

I have now set up Mozilla for her which works fine. but I'm still puzzled why IE doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

A:Int. Explorer allows only one window open. Shuts earlier windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/int-explorer-allows-only-one-window-open-shuts-earlier-windows.314332/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, In Windows Vista, it was possible to run an elevated Windows Explorer window. To do so, enable the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" check box, log off, and then log back on. After that, you can right-click the Windows Explorer shortcut and choose "Run as administrator." This no longer works in Windows 7. It is a legitimate need to occasionally run Windows Explorer elevated; for example, to register or unregister WSC (Windows script component files) or to run Windows scripts elevated. Can anyone comment on this limitation and whether it is a flaw or by design? Thanks! Bill Stewart

A:Unable to open an elevated Windows Explorer window

I am currently using Explorer++ to work around this limitation. But I would still like to hear an official answer regarding this problem. Bill

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1798a1a7-bd2e-4e42-8e98-0bc715e7f641/unable-to-open-an-elevated-windows-explorer-window?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 67.94%

I have Windows Vista Ultimate SP Under Organize- gt Folder and Search Options- gt Browse folders I have the radio button quot Open each folder in the same window quot checked However Vista refuses to do so and opens each folder Refuses to Window In Windows Open Folders Explorer Same in its own window This does not Windows Explorer Refuses to Open Folders In Same Window work well for me because I end up with tons of open windows and its a pain to close them This behaviour just started Yesterday it did not do this This is a fresh install with only Visual Studio Visual Studio SQL Server Expression Studio Adobe CS and InstallAware installed Also worth noting is that if I right click on a folder the default action of Open is in bold If I click it then it will open the folder in the same window However every time I double click it opens a new window Please help as I really don't want to have to switch to a third party file management tool over this Thanks

A:Windows Explorer Refuses to Open Folders In Same Window

you may try enabling the navigation pane (organize -> layouts - and enable navigation pane). with that enabled, I see things behaving as they should

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1ee8dfe9-b258-4fed-9fc6-1d7195f5f60a/windows-explorer-refuses-to-open-folders-in-same-window?forum=itprovistadesktopui
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi , my problem is that this new pc , that i got for 2 days , y50-70 , boots so slowly. It is literally 65 seconds. And i have no idea why..... Cant i enable somewhere some fast boot setting ? please help , this performance is terrible...

A:Windows 8.1 takes 65 seconds to boot on Lenovo y50-70

Might be worth your while to check what programmes are in Startup.
Open "Task Manager".....click on "Startup".....then disable any that you don't need for starting the computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54086-windows-8-1-takes-65-seconds-boot-lenovo-y50-70-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am running Windows XP pro and when my laptop bots up it displays the background image but the icons do not come up until 30 seconds later. Removing the background image keeps this from happening but the machine has plenty of memory so I am wondering: Is it simply the background image or is this a sign that something else could be wrong? Thanks!

A:Windows takes 30 seconds to display icons...

Run the scan...post hjt log. Let us see...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-takes-30-seconds-to-display-icons.318832/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all,

Can someone help me figure out a problem my Windows 7 has while loading user credentials thumbnail? Lately it has been taking good 20 to 30 seconds right after the Please Wait screen to load all user credentials thumbnails! And even if after clicking a thumbnail, it takes about 5+ seconds to display password box. I have tried googling this issue but so far no luck.

Any suggestion or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Khurram

A:Windows 7 takes 20 to 30 seconds after Please Wait screen

this problem may be cos you have a lot of startup programs turned on, also unnesecary services etc...

press start and type msconig and press enter.
select startup tab and click disable all button or manulay uncheck items.
now select services tab and check hide all microsoft services checkbox then click disable all button.
select boot tab and type number 3 into Timeout box and press OK

press start and type disk cleanup and enter.
when disk cleanup tool analyzes your drive check all the checkboxes and
clean up you C: partion (where windows is installed) using this tool.

goto C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp (change Admin with your username)
empty whole temp folder by selecting all files and folder and delete them.

finaly empty your recycle bin and restart computer.
see what changes you've achived and post the results.

also you may full scan your comp with Antivirs and defrag HD using defragmenter(start>defrag>enter)

after all these steps your may update windows and restart again.

cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/216441-windows-7-takes-20-30-seconds-after-please-wait-screen.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Many thanks to Stantly who solved my previous problem with windows explorer clicking folders opening in new windows despite the quot open in same window quot being set quot Explorer now opens folders if I click on them in the left hand quot Folders quot pane but if I click on any folders in the right hand files pane in opens a new window to quot my documents quot All the problems started when I added added a new function to the folder file folder file type properties to print out the contents of a folder by calling a batch file that piped the content to a file In the file association for file folders in the advanced section I now have three functions - the afore mentioned create file list - explore the default and - find For the folder file type I just have - explore and - open Any suggestions on how to make clicking folders in the right hand pane opwn them up propoerly in the same window as per clicking them on the left hand pane nbsp

A:Windows explorer folder click goes open new window to my documents

I have exactly the same problem. Did you ever find an answer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-folder-click-goes-open-new-window-to-my-documents.542769/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I know this has been covered elsewhere before and before coming here to ask this question I scoured Google and multiple forums and threads and I can't seem to get a straight answer I have two PCs one is running Windows Professional x and the folder to in new open in Ctrl+Click Explorer Windows window other one is running Windows Professional bit On the bit machine when I am in Windows Explorer if I Ctrl+Click to open folder in new window in Windows Explorer hold down Ctrl+Click to open folder in new window in Windows Explorer the Ctrl key and click on a folder in the left navigation pane it opens that folder in a new window This is behaviour similar to right clicking on the folder and selecting quot Open in New Window quot but I like the keyboard shortcut and that's my habit As far as I can remember this is the way it has always worked on this particular computer and although I do have Classic Shell installed that is only to get back the Up button that I liked from Windows XP I don't think I modified the registry and I don't have AutoHotKey installed My mystery is that no matter what I do Folder Options registry etc I cannot seem to replicate this behaviour on the other computer which is running the same operating system in bit mode It's odd because sometimes on computers running Windows at work I will try to do the same thing and it won't work and I would just think that's odd perhaps there is a setting somewhere And now it doesn't work on one of my own computers and I can't see what the difference is in the settings between the two computers I saw that someone had asked this question in the past and the suggestions given were to either do Ctrl N to open new window and then click on the folder you want or right click and say Open in New Window It is much easier to just quickly hold down Ctrl and then click on the folder I use it all the time and it definitely works in Windows on at least my main bit machine Can anyone explain what I am missing here It's a small thing and probably something very obvious but help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Ctrl+Click to open folder in new window in Windows Explorer

Well, I guess I had answered my own question above! Sorry for wasting anyone's time that did bother to read but apparently that Ctrl+Click is a feature of Classic Shell, just not one that is obvious among the settings. I installed Classic Shell on the other PC and bingo, it worked like I wanted. Mystery solved. I guess for others looking for the same functionality, Classic Shell is the way to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/324710-ctrl-click-open-folder-new-window-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi
I was trying to figure out how to open and edit a dosbox.conf file, ive worked it out now, use notepad.

But in the process of figuring it out, i changed the properties of all my .conf files to open with dosbox.

I want to set it so nothing is selected as the default opening device.
But i dont get that option in properties, it will only allows me to swap opening the device, not delete it.

thanks

A:cant change the properties of a file to 'open with' nothing

I am not sure if there is a simple UI for that, but you can easily do this directly in the registry.

Open regedit, open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT key (click on it in the left pane) and scroll down to find the conf entry in the left pane, right-click on it, and delete. After you restart the machine, the file association will be gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/191186-cant-change-properties-file-open-nothing.html
Relevancy 66.22%

So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/56915-windows-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-file-explorer.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello Stuck with this fresh issue from few days now reading many topics trying many things without success Getting new Dell Latitude E - Intel Core i U - GB RAM - HDD Samsung SSD PM M GB Latests drivers BIOS seconds slow Starting step - takes - SSD Laptop Windows - Windows - Dell Enterprise 7 80 FW from dell intel websites Deploying universal corporate wim image Win Enterprise On such laptop the quot Starting Windows quot step stands exactly for seconds So getting the logon screen after - seconds Deploying the same image on workstation Optiplex the same operation takes - seconds GB RAM - SSD Here are most of the information tries BIOS Legacy Boot ModeBIOS SATA AHCI ModeWindows Performance Windows 7 Enterprise - Dell Laptop - SSD - Starting Windows step slow - takes 80 seconds Analyzer show me that the smss exe process takes seconds gt here is the BootCKCL etl zip file https goo gl PvdXeg gt here is my detailed Windows Perf Analyzer MB zip GB unzipped https goo gl XHD FN Event-Log Diagnostics-Performance - Event gives me BootSmssInitTime ms boot in safe mode is very quick sec boot Windows 7 Enterprise - Dell Laptop - SSD - Starting Windows step slow - takes 80 seconds in normal mode disabling the non-Microsoft services disabling Startup application still spend sec on quot Starting Windows quot step SSD trim is enabledfsutil C not set as dirtyresizing pagefile sys from auto GB to static GBdisabling hybernation mode powercfg -h off disabling system protection shadow copy stuffremoving hidden non used devicesremoving clearing McAfee VSE soft agent performing CCleaner registry file clearing issue appear whatever BitLocker is enabled or notno other USB devices connected issue appear when USB mouse is connected or not prefetch enabled same if disabling sfc scannow not found anything wrongchkdsk found some entries to fix but not solve the delayHKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager gt BootExecute MULTI SZ autocheck autochk gt same issue even if clearedPower Strategy Performance Mode

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/831be55c-8f7e-4804-9eee-c8653f05b59b/windows-7-enterprise-dell-laptop-ssd-starting-windows-step-slow-takes-80-seconds?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I've been experiencing a problem with my computer for some weeks now.

1. When I open an IE window, it opens up quite fast, but it takes 10-20 sec's, sometimes more, before the page starts loading. This is the case regardless of the page and it happens every time a new window opens. Once open, there is nothing wrong with the internet speed...

2. Even computer folders like My Computer, My Documents, My pictures take a long time to open. Here it's a bit different though. I click and then up to 20 seconds pass before folder opens. However, once it opens it opens very fast.

3. It seems that something is using an extraordinary amount of memory on my computer. Even with the computer "idle" I sometimes register up to 1gb of allocated memory. I find nothing unusual using different antivirus, spyware removal prog's, etc

Can anything be done to resolve these problems?

A:internet explorer - takes time to open

Hello and welcome to TSF

What re your computer specs?

and what are all your security programs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-takes-time-to-open-260144.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Every explorer (verion 6.0) takes about 10 mins to open. In addition toolbar has changed
pop-up blocker option is missing in tools menu
don't have following keys in Registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Restrictions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Restrictions

Norton Antivirus Scan did not find any virus

A:Every explorer (verion 6.0) takes about 10 mins to open

Try doing a scan with AdAware and/or Spybot. You probably have some sort of malware.

Use Firefox if you want avoid malware because there are security holes in IE6 that'll let malicious software install without you even knowing it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/every-explorer-verion-6-0-takes-about-10-mins-to-open-180797.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have serious problem and I'm not sure if this is due to a faulty dying hard disk but it never happened before The problem is that every file I attempt to open let it be mp wmv avi txt it will take approximately minute to open What a pain And also my anti-virus seems to keep blocking a program aaga config is consistently blocked by my firewall so I'm not sure if this is causing the problem It is impossible for me to do any work on this computer I will appreciate any help Many thanks My hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS - to open! please file help! minute Every 1 takes Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Every file takes 1 minute to open! - please help! avguard exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system tlntsvr exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C WINDOWS Every file takes 1 minute to open! - please help! system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run YeppStudioAgent C Program Files Samsung SamsungMediaStudio SamsungMediaStudioAgent exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - HKCU Run updateMgr C Program Fi... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/every-file-takes-1-minute-to-open-please-help-233704.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a pen4 computer with 1 GB of memory and lots of free space on the hard drive. when I click or try to open explorer or Firefox, it just sets there for sometimes 4 or 5 minutes and then it opens. I have a cable modem with other computer on it and none of them have problems.

When I click on the Icon, the hour glass comes up for a few seconds and then goes away, there does not seem to be any activity on the HD and then it all opens and works fine until it is closed again...

Any Ideas what is wrong?

Lyle

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi

Im a intermediate when i comes down to computers.

When I turn on my PC, i click to open a new IE page...however this takes up to 2 minutes to open. However, once the page is open, the internet works normally; up until i click on a link which requires the opening of a new IE web page. The pc seems fine, and I cant seem to get my head around it.

I have spy sweeper which detects no adware or spyware and I have ran various spyware checks, everything is clean.

Is this a virus? any tips or experiences??

Thanks

Harry

A:Internet Explorer takes ages to open. Helpp

do disk cleanup and defrag.

online av checks aren't as good as having av installed on the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-takes-ages-to-open-helpp.452219/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, my testscenario is as follows:

I have a web application where I can choose a text file to be opened. When I click the link, the text file opens within the Internet Explorer.
For a text file of size 2 MB, the Internet Explorer is working for about 10 seconds, and is blocked in this time.

To me it is not obvious, what IE is doing for 10 seconds, only to display the content of a text file. I tried this with IE6 and IE7, which both showed the same behaviour.

Using Firefox, the document is displayed at once an the browser is not blocked.

Anyone has an idea, what kind of issue that might be?
Are there any tools for IE, to examine situations like this on the client?

Thanks and regards
mclopez

A:Open a 2MB text file takes long in IE

Hello and welcome to TSF

Can you please give some more information on what you mean by the txt file gets blocked.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/open-a-2mb-text-file-takes-long-in-ie-213803.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Frds,

When I double click on any file like Zip, MP3, DOC or PDF the system takes LONGER TIME then usual. Even the PARTICULAR FOLDER which contains that files also hangs up.

Can anybody plz help me regarding this prob.

Thanks in Advance,
Aryan.

A:It takes MORE TIME than usual when trying to open .MP3, .DOC or .PDF file

how much free space is on your computer? maybe your computer needs a little cleanup

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/it-takes-more-time-than-usual-when-trying-to-open-mp3-doc-or-pdf-file-256816.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Explorer exe very slow to show sub directory after clicking on C Drive I am running Windows XP Home Edition on a fairly open Home XP minutes 4.5 addition-Explorer.exe to takes slow very new XP Home addition-Explorer.exe very slow to open takes 4.5 minutes Dell Dimension series with a Pentium processor and Gig of Ram I have gig hard drive of which about gigs are full of all types of files avi mpeg jpeg audio files program files you name it I have downloaded all of the latest Windows XP updates My computer starts fine and opens to the standard desktop fairly easily and quickly I then click on explorer exe icon on my desk top and Window XP Home addition-Explorer.exe very slow to open takes 4.5 minutes Explorer opens I then click on the C Drive main hard drive and the XP Home addition-Explorer.exe very slow to open takes 4.5 minutes system freezes or appears to freeze for minutes and seconds At the end of this period the sub directories appear I can hear it grinding away but no sub directories In the mean time I can cruise the Internet or open other programs through the Start button or by clicking on the desktop icons with no problems Once the system is open and I close explorer exe then open it later it still freezes but for a shorter period less than seconds before showing the sub directories I have run across some people on the internet that say that it is an indexing problem caused by corrupted files AVI or MPEG Do you folks think this is the problem Any ideas on how to fix it Do you think I need to clean my registry Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is quite frustrating nbsp

A:XP Home addition-Explorer.exe very slow to open takes 4.5 minutes

Hi,

I just ran across the following article on the Microsoft web site. You may want to go to Microsoftsupport.com and check it out. I have pasted in the summary of the article below along with it's number.

Ndmand

Browsing the My Documents folder on a network share with Windows Explorer from a Windows XP-based computer takes longer than expected
Article ID : 840309
Last Review : August 25, 2004
Revision : 1.0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-addition-explorer-exe-very-slow-to-open-takes-4-5-minutes.312548/
Relevancy 64.07%

hey guys,, do anyone know how to remove this open file location in properties right click option... especially in game desktop shortcuts
i was able to remove open file location in context menu but when i try check properties in right click option open file location option is still there..
this will be a great risk for my pc security .Can anyone help me on this,, many experience guys in this site says they dont know how to do this. but i dont believe them..

H_E_L_P_ME_GUYS_ON_THIS

More power to sevenforums

A:how to remove open file location in right click option properties

Quote: Originally Posted by cubefred14

hey guys,, do anyone know how to remove this open file location in properties right click option... especially in game desktop shortcuts
i was able to remove open file location in context menu but when i try check properties in right click option open file location option is still there..
this will be a great risk for my pc security .Can anyone help me on this,, many experience guys in this site says they dont know how to do this. but i dont believe them..

H_E_L_P_ME_GUYS_ON_THIS

More power to sevenforums

You have posted this and probably three or four threads before starting a new thread do you think you're going to get any more extra help? I'll have you know one of the guys (Brink) that you don't believe it is very highly respected around here and if he can't get it most likely it's going to be very tough to find someone that does.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/237161-how-remove-open-file-location-right-click-option-properties.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Something strange is going on here: I have been running Win 7x64 just fine in a network with many network printers and even a plotter. I recently installed a Lexmark c935 (huge A3 color laser) using the Windows Update-driver. When I try to restart after this, the Domain login takes exactly 3600s from entering the password and to the desktop appears. Needless to say, this is a big waste of time. Luckily, I made a restore point just prior to installing the driver, so I have rolled back without issues, but of course I cannot use the Lexmark. I'm running Win7 as a pilot user on the network, and my local tech guy did not find a solution other than using the restore point. Is this driver-dependant logon-issue familiar to anyone on this forum?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7x64-logon-takes-3600-seconds-after-installing-lexmark-c935-driver-462716.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Please, someone help in my problem

My Search for Files or Folders don't open!!!!

and the option of Open in new window, not open too!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-not-open-function-open-in-new-window-and-search-dont-too.18083/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a large excel file mb that takes min to open on PCs I think excel open 15min takes to Solved: file it started Solved: excel file takes 15min to open after the file exeded mb before that it was about sec Both Pcs have XP pro sp and office and about the same spec c d processor gb RAM well there is now PCs on the same Domain connected on the same switch ports the point is that the other pcs open that same excel file witch is on a network drive on the server and it open in less than seconds I double cheked the cables if they were damaged and replaced them without any speed up But i noticed that all the other PCs were quot Win -office quot - quot win -office quot or quot winXP-office quot leaves only quot XP- quot so i wonder if there is some kind of issues when opening big files in excel with XP or any way to fix it this is some kind of annoying lol sure takes longer to open files than but that much I open mb files on the same pc and it take less than sec and bm -- gt min NO WAY The same mb file on a XP-office machine take less than sec to open the file all the OSes and office are up to date well any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Wondering if anyone can shead some light on this Im using Windows build I have a windows server file server and a windows SBS domain controler The file server is a member server My windows client is joined to the domain When i log on to the domain a script runs that maps drives from the file server to my comp My domain account has Full Control over the drives on the file server Since installing windows each time i open an mp file Which are between and mb from the maped network drive its taking seconds to open each one Baring in mind i have a GB lan with both my laptop network card and server network card set to gbps full duplex I have a LOT of mp files that i browse through but 20mb network file share.... open over seconds 8 mp3 to every time i select a differnt track it takes seconds for it to open same for the next track and the one after that and its begining to drive me nuts Ive tried using differnt media players for 8 seconds to open 20mb mp3 file over network share.... example winamp media monkey itunes and wmp and with each one i get exactly the same seconds per music file This does not happen with one of my xp machines both over wirelesss and hardwired in to the lan tracks open instantly from one to the other After messing about with it for a while i stumbled accross something If i map directly to shares on the network drive which is set to read only the tracks open instantly from one to the next no problem However if i set the share permission to full control i get exactly the same problem seconds per music file And i REEEEEEALLY dont know why its doing it As ive said it works fine on windows xp i have a gb lan with both cards set to gb full duplex have even tried auto negociate and cat e cabling via a D-Link GB Switch The only thing that seems to fix it is setting the share on the file server to read only Now i could just play the tracks via the share and be done with it but the shares are set to read only for a good reason I have the network drive where the shares live maped to my computer because im always adding to and manipulating folders on the drive including the mp files As a work around im having to play the tracks via the actual share and modifly or delete any mp files via the maped network drive Any help would be brilliant thanks Hope ive explained it clearly

A:8 seconds to open 20mb mp3 file over network share....

Yes, its all clear ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20443-8-seconds-open-20mb-mp3-file-over-network-share.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi
i cant seem to open or acces anything that has to do with my file explorer, i can launch it just fine, but thats pretty much it, it does nothing after that, the computer works just fine, no crashes, but i cant do anything with my file explorer, i have had
this with my Skype and steam as well a few months before, and i dont know how to fix it, can someone please help me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4bba5a43-7392-421e-9372-4ad52e00738b/cant-open-my-file-explorer-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.64%

I`m trying to copy and paste a video file from one folder to another. I opened the video file to check it was okay, closed it and then tried to move it but got a message "This action can`t be completed because the file is open in windows explorer"
The file is not open, so i rebooted the pc but still the same problem. The file will copy but won`t cut or delete?
Anyone any ideas?

Relevancy 63.21%

I'm using XP pro and Excel-2007. Recently switched to Office 2007 (from Office 2003) and have the following problem when opening any Excel file:

When I try to open an Excel file, MS-Excel starts right away but it takes while (MUCH LONGER as compared with Excel-2003) before the file opens/gets displayed. BTW, I do not have any add-ins enabled.

Can anyone please help me solve this problem?

Relevancy 62.78%

Is there any way in doing this automatically without right click> open in a new window and when you click on diferent folders for the current open one not closing?

A:[File Explorer]how to keep multiple windows open ?

Sorry, don't understand. Please given an example of what you would like to happen automatically.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/23095-file-explorer-how-keep-multiple-windows-open.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi.

I am currently running Windows 8.1 (Pro), also I am up-to-date with Windows Updates.
Sometimes, when I open File Explorer (a.k.a. Windows Explorer), like "This PC".
It says "This folder is empty", it then starts some-kind of searching, also icons on the left are animated like "searching".
There is another one, it also takes time to sort files/folders orders, for example when I am in C:\New Folder and there are 5 folders and 5 files inside, none big sized at all. When I click on "Name" it then takes time to reorder the view.
Very annoying, and slowing my work.
Another thing is while I experienced these issues, I found another one that is.
View>Layout sometimes gets disabled and I can't change the view.
View>Options button behaves the same.

Best regards, OmegaExtern.

A:File Explorer takes time to load issue...

Possible causes:
Your HD might be corrupted. Open Admin command prompt and run: chkdsk /r /f C:
NOTE: Will take a while to complete depending on how badly corrupted and disk capacity.System files might be corrupted, From Admin Command Prompt, run:
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- sfc /scannow <==== Might need to run multiple times.Incompatible Shell Extensions installed: Right Click Menu Lag on my pc

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52172-file-explorer-takes-time-load-issue.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have encountered this in action Explorer preform open Cannot file Windows an annoying little bug that I cannot solve and it s been a while ago that it started I have downloaded a Cannot preform this action file open in Windows Explorer few files mkv and have gotten thumbnails working for the files Anyway after the file was downloaded they were stuck open in windows explorer I cannot tell you if this started before or after gaining MKV thumbnail support but I can tell you that if I uninstall the DIVX Plus application splitter and codec it still remains affected I cannot move or rename the files as they are constantly open in Windows Explorer I can copy the files to new locations but the copies are affected the same way If I close explorer exe in the task manager and use CMD to rename and move the files it works fine but when explorer exe is reactivated it opens them once more I also have taken to moving the files in Linux to save the hassle of CMD typing After a restart the files are open by windows explorer After renaming the files with Linux or CMD they are STILL open by windows explorer The files play perfectly in both WMP and MPlayer I don t know what is causing this How can I close these files in Windows Explorer so I don t have to deal with it Do you think the files are corrupted in someway keeping them open Could it be the thumbnails I have already used disk clean up to delete the thumbnails and reapply them and that didn t work Turning off the thumbnails in Folder Options doesn t fix it either So I don t actually think it is the thumbnail generation process Any help with this would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

under Favorites I had a download folder and now it is gone.

Please tell me how to get it back under where it says Favorites. It did read Favorites, Desktop, then I think Downloads, Recent Places, then Sky Drive.

I still have yet to install or keep Adobe Flash Player screen from popping up. I'm sure the Adobe question should be posted someplace else.. Sorry

TC

A:When I open File Explorer on the left-side (Windows 8)

Hello TC,

Check to see if using the tutorial below to restore the default Favorites may be able to help.

Favorites - Restore Default Favorite Links in Navigation Pane - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/26081-when-i-open-file-explorer-left-side-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Windows Explorer as well as other desktop programs failed to respond to a right click from any interface I was also having printer errors that involved total failure to print At first I thought I needed to uninstall all my Epson software and printer but that resulted in no change I Explorer Open Right Windows Fails With To Click 8.1 File searched on line and the only idea Windows 8.1 File Explorer Fails To Open With Right Click that made sense to me was the suggestion that this was likely a Context Menu Handler problem It suggested downloading a Shell File Extensions View ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows from NirSoft version which was free The first download I did not use out of fear so I accessed the Context Menu area via regedit but saw no way to disable any suspected third party Context Menu Handlers So in the end I swallowed hard and ran the NirSoft application I was able to see all the shell items in the registry and sorted them by age the most recent was a Context Menu Handler from Norton Internet Security occurring during the most recent update The manager software allowed me to disable just that one handler and after a restart File Explorer and everything else behaved normally So now I am posting this so it only takes you less than an hour to address this issue where I spent - hours on it I reinstalled the Norton Internet Security and all is still well

A:Windows 8.1 File Explorer Fails To Open With Right Click

Hello, jimbang22. Welcome to Windows EightForums. Thanks for posting that. That will be a great timesaver for some.

So much for 3rd party software to goof up a system, especially an AV product. No real need to use it on a home computer with 8/8.1 with included Defender. Enterprise systems are a different story.

Got lucky early on in computing with good advice from an IT friend of mine. He told me to watch out for 3rd party maintenance and AV products for most are crap. Through the years watching I can see how true that is.

Again, thanks and welcome.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43609-windows-8-1-file-explorer-fails-open-right-click.html
Relevancy 62.35%

till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system thrice but same was happening.

How do I remove this auto open of file explorer when I start windows.

A:File explorer auto open at startup of windows

Hello & welcome to the Ten Forums

It looks like File Explorer has somehow been added to your Startup items. Have a look in Task Manager (right click on the taskbar or Start button to select this) and see if it appears in the Start-up tab.

This tutorial should help you solve the problem:

Startup Items - Add, Delete, Enable, Disable in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/37862-file-explorer-auto-open-startup-windows.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I got a new computer with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and I find it very annoying that in all the Open File dialog boxes and even Windows Explorer there does not seem to be a selection under the View menu to show thumbnails of image files. Even when I select Contents and highlight the file it still only shows a generic icon. Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to fix this?

Thanks for any help

A:No Thumbnails in Open File Dialogs or Windows Explorer - Why??

Hello David, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below to make sure that you have thumbnail previews enabled.Thumbnail Previews - Enable or Disable
If you do, then double check to make sure that you have Windows Photo Viewer set as the default program with all of it's associations.Default Programs - Set a Program's Default Associations
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280577-no-thumbnails-open-file-dialogs-windows-explorer-why.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I need help About a week ago Windows started working in an abnormal manner on my PC I wasn't able to open File Explorer or Control open Explorer File 10 Windows or can't Panel Control Panel whether from the start menu or from Windows 10 can't open File Explorer or Control Panel basically any application that calls for those file explorer or control panel I tried running command prompt admin sfc scannow DISM Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth commands several times but that doesn't fix the problem at all As a last resort I downloaded a brand new Windows ISO file from the Microsoft site and performed a clean installation formatting my HDD Things were OK the first minutes but then the problem starts again with the each new installation of Windows I don't know what is causing File Explorer and control panel to crash maybe its a faulty driver or windows update itself I have installed Windows from that ISO file several times and every time after a few minutes of me doing nothing with the computer it fails again The first driver I update to be able to use my monitor is the nVidia driver

A:Windows 10 can't open File Explorer or Control Panel

Hi, do you have any such crashes in Safe Mode? Please try- you would not be using the Nvidia driver then.
(You could access Safe Mode via SHIFT + restart and work through the rather confusing set of menus to Safe Mode).

The clean installation would seem to eliminate 3rd party programs as it sounds as if you hadn't time to install any.
Can you find any useful reports in the Event Log? (See event viewer).

If you complete your system specs, someone might be able to offer advice on your hardware.
System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Another completely different line would be a hardware fault, of course, as you say the problem developed suddenly with your PC, and persists after a clean install.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35424-windows-10-cant-open-file-explorer-control-panel.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all can't seem to find Open\Windows File Problems Shortcut Explorer anything relating to this issue but feel free to send link if already discussed On my File Open\Windows Explorer Shortcut Problems Outlook Yes I know I often add remove my pst archives via File gt Data File Management The 'Open' dialog opens and defaults to the 'C Users myname AppData File Open\Windows Explorer Shortcut Problems Local Microsoft Outlook' folder Because we keep our PST files on the server and not in this local location I have a shortcut in this folder that links to the server folder Since upgrading to Windows when I go to add my PST it takes me to this local folder but the shortcut to the server folder isn't there At the bottom of the Open box if I change the Save As Type to All Files then I can see the shortcut to the network folder but when I double click on it it complains because I haven't clicked on a PST file Would anyone have any idea why this is happening and a possible solution please Thanks John

A:File Open\Windows Explorer Shortcut Problems

Could you provide a screenshot? Does the short cut have a proper icon to indicate its associated with Outlook or is it a default icon.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40918-file-open-windows-explorer-shortcut-problems.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My computer specs Windosw Vista Home Premium Service Pack System Manufacturer TOSHIBA Model Satellite P Laptop Rating Processor Intel R CoreJ TM Duo CPU T GHz Memory RAM mp4 mp3 Explorer I Windows When Video or Crashes A Open File GB System type -bit Operating System Hi When I open a mp or mp video file everything freezes and I get a message that says the following Windows Explorer has stopped working Windows can check for a Windows Explorer Crashes When I Open A mp3 or mp4 Video File solution to the problem gt Check online for a solution and close the program gt Close the program And the following is the problem signature Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp e da Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp cb Exception Code Exception Offset e OS Version Locale ID Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d Windows Explorer Crashes When I Open A mp3 or mp4 Video File c Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d c Read our privacy statement Microsoft Online Crash Analysis I need some assistance and a possible fix as soon as possible for this issue Thank you ocaj

A:Windows Explorer Crashes When I Open A mp3 or mp4 Video File

Exception Code 0x80000003 = hard assert - breakpoint.

Are you using WMP or other?
Does it occur with EVERY mp3 & mp4 file?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-a-mp3-or-mp4-video-file-554366.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello A friend just showed me a weird problem he is having with his computer He has a folder under My Documents Folder in not Explorer, but File the Windows in appears Open dialog in which he keeps his work files He emails these files using Gmail which he accesses via Internet Explorer All worked fine until a few days ago when he noticed that when he clicked the link in Gmail to attach a file his folder wasn't listed in the Open File dialog He looked in Windows Explorer and could see the folder OK I tried opening Word and using the Open File dialog there and the folder wasn't visible If he clicks in the address bar and adds the folder name to the path it opens the folder but shows it as empty I actually has two subfolders If he adds the name of a subfolder then the Open File dialog shows the files in that folder I checked the permissions on the folder and couldn't see anything odd What I don't understand is how the folder can be visible in Windows Explorer and not in the Open File dialog Anyone any ideas Thanks

A:Folder appears in Windows Explorer, but not in the Open File dialog

Rightclick on the folder where you can actually find it in Explorer, look at the path. That is where it now resides.

If it cannot be found there when browsing in from Computer>C then I'd back up the files in it to a new folder you temporarily create in C root, delete the problem file and recreate it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289027-folder-appears-windows-explorer-but-not-open-file-dialog.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently everytime i click an AVI file or open it, my windows explorer crashes, desktop goes away for a few seconds and then comes right back... What's the problem?

im on Windows XP SP3 Home Edition
1GB RAM
Intel Pentium 4
1.60 Ghz

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271783/why-does-windows-explorer-crash-everytime-i-click-or-open-an-avi-file-i-use-vlc/
Relevancy 61.49%

I keep having a problem with my Windows Explorer Every time I try to open a file that I have downloaded explorer automatically keeps opening blank windows and will not stop I have to restart the computer every I try ever file downloaded keeps to opening Windows open a when automatically explorer time Windows explorer keeps automatically opening when ever I try to open a downloaded file Any suggestions would be great Thanks for your help Here is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Mediafour XPlay XPlay exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Windows explorer keeps automatically opening when ever I try to open a downloaded file Trend Micro Web Protection Add-On TMWebProtectTray exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg Windows explorer keeps automatically opening when ever I try to open a downloaded file exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files SteepAndCheap Desktop Alert SAC-Desktop-Alert exeC Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility PMBCore SPUVolumeWatcher exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exeC Program Files Skype Toolbars Shared SkypeNames exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Live OfficeLiveSignIn exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO no name - E - A - BB-BB A- C D A E - no file O - BHO Mediafour XPlay Explorer notifications - C AD- D- ... Read more

A:Windows explorer keeps automatically opening when ever I try to open a downloaded file

Hello msu28Welcome to BleepingComputer ==========================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.===========Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")Allow the driver to load if asked.You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269417/windows-explorer-keeps-automatically-opening-when-ever-i-try-to-open-a-downloaded-file/
Relevancy 61.49%

When ever I try to open a file through another program (here my example was using Steam to browse for a new profile picture) the left side navigation bar is just white. Just started happening recently. Happens with all programs. Outside of programs, I can see the bar fine in a normal Windows Explorer window.

A:White sidebar when attempting to open a file in the Windows Explorer

Check this post, somebody found a solution:
Missing Folder tree / Navigation Panel in applications
Check if it works for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330668-white-sidebar-when-attempting-open-file-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I use Windows Explorer numerous times every day I like to navigate to folders using the folders pane and click on items in main view I sometimes drill down to folders in the main view to finish my navigation until I'm at the folder I wish to see All of the sudden I'm finding that when I click on a folder in the main view a new Explorer window pops up I did not change any of my preferences in this regard I went into the Tools-- gt Folder Options and saw that quot Open each folder in the same window quot was still selected as I'd left it long ago a couple of years now So I switched the radio button to the quot Open new folder quot option then switched it back to opening the folders in the same view I clicked quot Apply quot and folder "Open Explorer in longer each no window" same working Windows closed Explorer I did this as a kind of quot forced quot reset Then I opened Explorer again and it's still not obeying this setting What's going on Is this influenced by some other settings location I haven't looked at yet AFAIK this started not long after I had uninstalled IE and IE rolling back to IE then installed IE again I did this to resolve a peculiar issue with certain files marked as corrupt in SFC scannow turns out it's a defect when going to IE from IE I do realize that Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer share a lot of the same files But this is functionality exclusive to Windows Explorer Really strange

A:Windows Explorer "Open each folder in same window" no longer working

Hello Gary,

You might see if downloading and merging the .reg for the listed Folder and Directory options in the tutorial below may be able to help. It will restore the default associations and registry entries for folders and drives, and hopefully fix this for you.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297484-windows-explorer-open-each-folder-same-window-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

If you right-click on a file, the Open With menu will have suggestions for any Metro app that thinks it can handle the file-type, as well as the Windows Store.

The Windows Store is useless to me, and I have yet to see a single Metro app worth using.

I'd like to remove these suggestions from the Open With menu. Any ideas how to go about this?

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/64938-file-explorer-open-remove-windows-store-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 61.06%

If you right-click on a file, the Open With menu will have suggestions for any Metro app that thinks it can handle the file-type, as well as the Windows Store.

The Windows Store is useless to me, and I have yet to see a single Metro app worth using.

I'd like to remove these suggestions from the Open With menu. Any ideas how to go about this?

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/64938-file-explorer-open-remove-windows-store-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I ve used Calendar Creator Deluxe for a couple of years without problems but all of a sudden it crashes when I try to access the Properties window This happens using both right click and the menu The Properties window displays incompletely and then the dialog box pops up that says quot Calendar Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I thought the calendar file - Windows? Window Problems Solved: or Properties Creator Calendar was corrupt so I created a new calendar Same problem I did a repair install Same problem I Solved: Properties Window Problems - Calendar Creator or Windows? uninstalled ran my reg cleaner Advanced System Optimizer and reinstalled It still crashes when the Properties window comes up In light of that history I suspect that the culprit may be Windows even though it only affects CC I ran ShellEx View and could not see any handlers that came specifically from Broderbund or anything that is specifically for the bcc file extension Any ideas on what could be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Properties Window Problems - Calendar Creator or Windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-properties-window-problems-calendar-creator-or-windows.579683/
Relevancy 60.63%

When i right click on My Computer icon and click Properties, System Properties window open for a second and immediately closes. I have the same problem even if i try to open System Properties from Control Panel. How do i solve this problem without doing system restore. Keyboard volume keys also not working

A:Windows 8 Enterprise system properties window closes immed

Hi

Windows 8 enterprise edition is only available in large quantities and it is targeted to companies. Is your copy is legal ?. Have you used any activators which floating on internet ?. The symptoms you described are common with pirated copies.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34809-windows-8-enterprise-system-properties-window-closes-immed.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

I'm unable to drag and drop icons from desktop to an open window or open window to open window

what happens is when i hold down the left mouse button to drag an icon from the desktop to an open window

*** the cursor changes to a black circle with a diagonal line going through it (like the no smoking sign symbol)

what is causing this to happen?

thx rob
ps: ONLY copy/cut and paste works now

A:unable to drag and drop icons from desktop to an open window or open window to open w

Check this setting. Enable Dragging and Dropping

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-drag-and-drop-icons-from-desktop-to-an-open-window-or-open-window-to-open-w.504772/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello world!

Windows is being silly and opening my folders in a new window which as you would imagine is very annoying. I have reset the default settings and made sure it was set to open in same window.

If one of you gurus could point me to the correct RegKey for me to modify or give me a tut link i would be ever so greatfull!

Thank you all!

Relevancy 60.2%

If I have explorer open and it wants to open a second one it will start to open then it closes itself.....any help on this....

A:Explorer will not open a second window

re-install IE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-will-not-open-a-second-window.466529/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I was attacked by spyware Crashes Explorer.exe I When Open Any Window a few days ago and ever since whenever I try to open My Computer My Documents or any other Explorer Window explorer exe crashes once this rundll exe process starts If I stop the rundll Explorer.exe Crashes When I Open Any Window process and restart explorer it comes Explorer.exe Crashes When I Open Any Window up again until I try opening a window I have used Adaware Spybot SD and SUPERAntiSpyware to remove most of the virus but none of them seem able to find this remnant causing rundll to kill my explorer Anyway any help provided would be much appreciated Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO no name - CE -EA C- - ED - D EEC F E - C WINDOWS system vtutt dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO HP Smart Web Printing - AE A AA-A - B -B -C E E FE - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing SmartWebPrinting dll O - BHO no name - BACEB AF- D - E- D - BEB A FE - C WINDOWS system mljhgde dll O - BHO no name - E B F E- B - E -A C-A F - C Program Files Internet Explorer hopecefyr dll file missing O - BHO no name - FEE F - BD- CB-A D- FB FD AAD - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run Qlpvgy quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data pPatch d xplore exe quot O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra co... Read more

Relevancy 59.77%

I am using Internet Explorer 7, and when I open it the home page will show up which is fine. When I use the address bar to navigate to a different website, all that happens is the home page is opened in another window (usually several different windows at a time). I have tried reinstalling IE 7, and have run antivirus and malware scans with no success at finding the root of the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193125/internet-explorer-7-will-only-open-a-new-window/
Relevancy 59.77%

I searched around the forums but couldn't find anything that targeted my problem specifically Machine HP Pavilion a p Windows Vista Home Premium x SP Pentium Dual E GB DDR RAM This is a friend's computer that isn't opening Internet Explorer When you double click it it opens in the background and is listed in Task Manager window not Explorer open Internet does However no window opens Running AVG and Malwarebytes turned up infections for both Uninstalling IE and rolling back to IE had the same problem same for reinstalling IE Reset IE defaults no result I installed Firefox and Chrome on the machine and they were opening fine at first now they take about minutes each to open Safari which was already installed opens fine Internet Explorer without Addons has the same effect and doesn't open but still runs in the background and can be killed in Task Manager Internet Explorer does not open window I know there is a virus which runs IE in the background and plays audio ads Internet Explorer does not open window periodically but this isn't that because IE doesn't run when I don't want it to run it just simply wont open a window

A:Internet Explorer does not open window

Hello

Open up Notepad => Click on Format => Make sure Word wrap does Not have a tick next too. If it does just click it to turn of Word Wrap. Close notepad.
Click Here to download ToolbarCop. Save it to your desktop.
Go to your desktop and extract toolbarcop.zip.
Go to the extracted files
Double click on Toolbarcop.exe
Click on the notepad symbol:
A notepad file should pop up, please copy and paste Everything from the notepad file and paste it back into this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-does-not-open-window-610899.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I don't know why, even I reinstall win 7. I tried config in Folder Options but it does not work. Please help me. Now I must use Total commander and Explorer ++
Thanks

A:My explorer could not open each folder in the same window

Quote:

Originally Posted by win123vn

I don't know why, even I reinstall win 7. I tried config in Folder Options but it does not work. Please help me. Now I must use Total commander and Explorer ++
Thanks

Please help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-explorer-could-not-open-each-folder-in-the-same-window-484600.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Running Windows XP 7
Trying to open an Internet Explorer window using desktop icon or under Start menu. Window looks like it opening and trying to connect to home page. After a couple of seconds the window closes - no error message is displayed.

Running ESET NOD32 Antivirus - doesn't show any problems

Can get to the internet using AOL shortcut on desktop.

A:Can't open Internet Explorer 7 window

Boot into safe mode with networking and see if it will open correctly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-open-internet-explorer-7-window-389114.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having this wierd probolem, where I can have only one instance of Internet explorer open.

If I open a new window in IE, it will close the previous windowby itself...any clue ?? thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-open-a-new-window-of-internet-explorer.38757/
Relevancy 59.77%

This has buffaloed me for some time but with the aid of an article I read I may have a solution - at least it has been so for a few days. Below is my solution for x64.

Open Windows Explorer and right click any file in the left pane. Select Properties>Customize, and from the drop down menu select Documents so the machine knows what it is customizing. Check for subfolders. Click ok and manually maximize the window.

Right click anywhere in the right pane. Click View>List (or another choice).

Select Organize>Folder and Search Options>View>Apply to Folders. Click Apply.

Hope this works for you.

A:Open Explorer With Maximized Window

Thank you that has been a problem since I had windows 98. I will give it a try.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268729-open-explorer-maximized-window.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have been attacked by what appears open won't Computer Window Explorer My and to be lots of stuff all in one go I have run Adaware Sbybot Spysweeper Symantec antivirus Registry mechanic Panda and CW shredder The Window Explorer and My Computer won't open problem I am left with is that in normal mode I cannot run My Computer or Windows Explorer Both of these run in Safe Mode Here is a copy of Window Explorer and My Computer won't open the log from Hijack This Analyzer Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm Window Explorer and My Computer won't open programs Security Programs Detected C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe O - Service Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE O - Service Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS ntvu exe C PROGRA Yahoo PARENT ypc exe C Documents and Settings Mark Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE LLUC C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com c o bt side html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk red clientapps yahoo com c rch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http bt yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http uk red clientapps yahoo com c rch yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS system buqsi dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk red clientapps yahoo com c rch yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http bt yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS system buqsi dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com c rch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http bt yahoo com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - F BD D -C -F A- B- B FB B - C WINDOWS system mfcrt dll O - HKLM Run YPC C PROGRA Yahoo PARENT ypc exe O - Extra button Homepage - E F -AFB - F- A- B F E D - http bt yahoo com file missing HKCU O - Extra button BT - BB - - B - AED- FEDB - http www bt com file missing HKCU O - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'ypclsp dll' missin... Read more

A:Window Explorer and My Computer won't open

You are definately riddled, this will be moved to the proper location where you will get faster response, please be patient

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/window-explorer-and-my-computer-wont-open-44992.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 59.77%

What caused the printing preferences to take for ever to view and close on the 4200. I tried deleting the driver and installing a new one off HP site but still slow. This is on a server with workstations connected to it by IP.

Anyone have any clues?

A:HP laser 4200 properties takes for ever

MMBC,

Look in your list of installed printers for any that can not be accessed. It may be using a lot of time searching for a printer that is no longer there and when it times out printing starts. This usually happens with network printers.

Regards,
Roger

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laser-4200-properties-takes-for-ever.397425/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi For a Expired certificate sent by the server the InitializeSecurityContext nbsp functions takes more than seconds to come out with SEC E CERT EXPIRED Is there any configuration to avoid this much timeout Currently using with these flags DWORD dwSSPIFlags ISC REQ SEQUENCE DETECT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp 45 to takes seconds out InitializeSecurityContext come ISC REQ REPLAY DETECT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ISC REQ CONFIDENTIALITY nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ISC RET EXTENDED ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ISC REQ ALLOCATE MEMORY InitializeSecurityContext takes 45 seconds to come out nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp InitializeSecurityContext takes 45 seconds to come out nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ISC REQ STREAM nbsp nbsp InitializeSecurityContext takes 45 seconds to come out nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ISC REQ MUTUAL AUTH Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ea2a6f64-6f8f-4e68-ab9b-434dccb56f1b/initializesecuritycontext-takes-45-seconds-to-come-out?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 59.34%

and 60-90 seconds to login....... can somebody explain why it takes so long to login, should i transfer my files from documents folder to some other folder. because i read somewhere that more files in document folders the slower the system becomes in case of win xp

A:win 7 takes 20-25 seconds to start

Have you edited your startup programs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/123337-win-7-takes-20-25-seconds-start.html