Windows Support Forum

How to Backup Select Programs and Files on my Toshiba Satellite Before Reinstall

Q: How to Backup Select Programs and Files on my Toshiba Satellite Before Reinstall

Hello and thank you so much for checking out my question I m trying to backup many select programs and files audio video and documents I own a Toshiba Satellite bought in which uses Windows XP and other files that came standard I have added many many programs and files to my PC since that time I would like to create a backup of most but not all of these programs and files Then I would like to restore my on Reinstall Programs Satellite Files and Toshiba my How Select to Backup Before computer to its original condition I m hoping that this process will take all of the little bugs and snails out of my daily struggle with this machine I m also hoping that this will help me to use the brand new iPod I bought weeks ago that has stopped working with itunes and has not been fixed by any of the solutions I found on How to Backup Select Programs and Files on my Toshiba Satellite Before Reinstall the iPod help site - but that s another story Here is one of the ineffective results of my exhaustive search I have found information on how to use the XP backup program found on the Windows XP CD Unfortunately however I don t have that CD because my computer came with XP already installed I DO have the CD that came with my Toshiba Satellite called quot Toshiba Recovery and Applications Drivers DVD Instructions quot The problem is that it seems like using this CD will erase all of the new files and programs I have on my computer What is the absolute best way to backup these select files without having to go out and buy new CDS or other products How do I go about using that Toshiba CD afterwards I ve spent hours - even DAYS - trying to find this information Although I love my computer the Toshiba site has done little to nothing to make this common process clear I thought this would be a simple application but it s clear that I really don t know what I m doing - AND that doing this backup and restore is WAY too important for me to play around Thank you so much for taking the time to help me - I really really need it All the best Linnea American living in Italy nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to Backup Select Programs and Files on my Toshiba Satellite Before Reinstall

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to Backup Select Programs and Files on my Toshiba Satellite Before Reinstall

1. Norton Ghost, Nero Backup or other backup utilities, some are free as well.. these type of backup is taking a image snapshot, and some of them can take just snapshots of a certain folder/groups/drives/files (selective backup). Once backed up, you may need to reinstall teh programs or re add their registry keys, file associations etc (if you know what they are, easyer just reinstalling..). Media to backup to can be tape, cd/dvd, anohter hdd, network storage etc...

2. the toshiba cd is just like a windows xp cd, but only for that certain laptop, and does a full wipe and reinstall of the OS plus its customised software and drivers.. if you dont want those customised software, then just use a retail winxp cd and use the licence key on the bottom of the laptop.. but i havn;t tried that before...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-backup-select-programs-and-files-on-my-toshiba-satellite-before-reinstall.48511/
Relevancy 77.83%
Relevancy 75.68%

My wife s Toshiba Satellite L is driving me nuts Two of our grandkids got their hands on it recently and made a real mess of it I knew it had malware and viruses on it so I decided to do the following - Removed HDD and wiped it clean using the KillDisk software Replaced the HDD and tried to reinstall Win using the installation disk All I get now is the Toshiba Leading Innovation screen cannot Satellite reinstall Win Toshiba 7 which then goes into a blank black screen with a flashing cursor which does not accept anything I type into it There is also a continuous beep beep beep which carries on until I switch off I ve managed to get into Boot Manager and Toshiba Satellite cannot reinstall Win 7 have repeatedly changed the boot order to CD DVD but just like Catch it goes to the steps I ve outlined above I ve promised my wife that no problem - I Toshiba Satellite cannot reinstall Win 7 can fix this and Toshiba Satellite cannot reinstall Win 7 will lose a lot face if I have to take it to the local computer repair shop Any ideas anybody

A:Toshiba Satellite cannot reinstall Win 7

Hello drurylanetechsu and welcome to TSF,

Your installation disc, is it a Toshiba branded recovery disc, a retail Windows 7 disc or a System image you created?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-satellite-cannot-reinstall-win-7-a-670235.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,
After much work in the Malware removal forum, the conclusion was that an OS reinstall would be best due to my circumstances. So, I was posting this to elicit any tips/suggestions on the process. I have never performed a reinstall of the OS, but I have read and received the basic info on how to do it. I have the Windows XP Home recovery discs, but I was hoping that other Toshiba Satellite Laptop users who have done a system reinstall could tell me any insider info I need to know before I begin.

So, if you could please outline the steps to follow to do the reinstall I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

FYI, I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop w/ Windows XP Home. The model is a 2410-S206. I believe the operating system has been running since 2/8/2003.

A:OS reinstall for XP Home on a Toshiba Satellite

here is a pretty straight forward walk through of how do go about all of this from PC World [post="LINK"]http://www.pcworld.com/article/105866/stepbystep_reinstall_windows.html[/post]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345820/os-reinstall-for-xp-home-on-a-toshiba-satellite/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Toshiba Satellite P35-s611. I tried to reinstall XP Home using a genuine xp home disk. I keep getting error messages. can't find file... unable to install. I can't find my original Toshiba disk. How can I reinstall xp home without original reinstall disk? I have a few xp home genuine disks and none of them work. Toshiba is NO HELP at all. Any suggestions??

Relevancy 74.82%

Toshiba Satellite P -s XP Toshiba Satellite P35-s611 Reinstall Reinstall XP I have Toshiba Satellite P35-s611 Reinstall XP a Toshiba Satellite P -s I tried to reinstall XP Home using a genuine xp home disk I keep getting error messages can t find file unable to install I can t find my original Toshiba disk How can I reinstall xp home without original reinstall disk I have a few xp home genuine disks and none of them work Toshiba is NO HELP at all Any suggestions ETAF if you boot off the CD are they bootable CD s delete the partition and reformat the drive These are legal copies of the OS you will need all the drivers for the device on the toshiba ETAF Not that easy I have repaired many laptops Never a toshiba I have deleted the partion created the partition and formated It goes through all of that no problem But as the OS quot copying files needed for instalation There are many files quot Cannot find quot hit enter to try again or Esc to skip If I try and esc them all I eventually get a blue screen That is why I figured the Toshiba has certain things not on the reg xp home disk Suggestions etaf s is the CD clean and with no scratches at all RichAppleton Experience Intermediate That was my thought as well I cleaned the disk then tried other disks All the same results I then booted the laptop with a boot disk and checked the harddrive Everything is good The Only answer I can figure is I need the Toshiba disk because maybe it has some proprietary something on it to reinstall Would the Toshiba reinstall disk have something on it If not what is the problem I even tried to install genuine xp Pro same result nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite P35-s611 Reinstall XP

it would be best to keep to the other thread
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/680516-toshiba-satellite-p35-s611-reinstall.html

you can add a reply with BUMP in to bring it back to the top of the pile if no replies in a 24hr period

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-p35-s611-reinstall-xp.680516/
Relevancy 74.39%

I win98 reinstall toshiba satellite 2595XDVD just uninstalled an old program on this old laptop when something BAD happened I hit OKAY button automatically while reading that it was going to erase everything in the program s toshiba satellite 2595XDVD reinstall win98 subdirectory and a nd directory didn t catch the name and a rd directory drive c Not seeing the drive toshiba satellite 2595XDVD reinstall win98 c comment until the split second I hit the OKAY button is the beginning of BAD I d never seen such an uninstall screen before and thought nothing of it until after about seconds I toshiba satellite 2595XDVD reinstall win98 realized the disk activity was going on longer than it should have for uninstalling such a small program less than meg So I checked Explorer and saw that the available disk space was getting bigger and bigger meaning a lot of stuff was getting erased from the hard drive That s the middle of BAD So I powered off the laptop hoping I d be able to at least salvage some of the files Upon rebooting sure enough it would not boot It came up with the initial WIn bootup screen then a DOS-like screen saying quot type in the full path for command com quot or something like that Did it Did not work Accessed bios to change the boot disk order to boot from CD drive first Inserted a generic std Win OS disk I don t have the original Toshiba disk Rebooted CD drive was accessed but then I guess it found some Win stuff on c drive and then the DOS-like screen saying quot type in the full path for command com quot popped up Tried it repeatedly No change That s the conclusion of BAD Question Can I reinstall Win using a generic std Win CD IF so why am I having the problem described above i e how do I force it to boot amp install from the CD Or do I need a special Toshiba CD Thanks nbsp

A:toshiba satellite 2595XDVD reinstall win98

Never mind. I figured it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-2595xdvd-reinstall-win98.680400/
Relevancy 73.53%

HI, I need help to reinstall my vista op on my lap top toshiba satellite A100 , It came with 2 disks Product recover DVD ROM..I dont know how to wipe clean first hardrive, or if i have to do that , or just put in the disks and it will do it by itself..i did put in the first disk and immediatley i got a blue screen. my laptop was bought in may 2007 , if that helps. I am very green wen it comes to hardware and reinstalling OP systems..can some one please help , ? OH and I think all this happened cos it has a virus.

A:Solved: help to reinstall VISTA OP on toshiba Satellite A100

Reinstalling is sometimes the best and fastest way to sort out a problem, but can also be a major time drain and source of frustration. If you prefer you could detail exactly what problem is prompting you to reinstall, and we could consider addressing that instead.

The process will empty your drive itself, which means that you don't have to do any wiping (unless you want to sell/give away the computer). It also means however that all programs and files on your computer will be lost. Make backups of important files (Documents, pictures, etc) before you reinstall.

Another point to bear in mind if you suspect a Virus caused the problem, is to ensure that you install Anti virus software immediately, before trying to replace your backups.

____

If you have two disks one will be for the Operating System (Windows) and the other will have Toshiba Software and drivers. Make sure that you use the Operating System Disk.

To use the recovery CD you have to boot from it--basically load its own Operating system which does the work of replacing Windows. You don't put it in while Windows is running--Windows very sensibly protects itself from being overwritten. When your computer first turns on and before you get to Windows, you should see the POST screen. At the bottom it prompts you to press F2 for Setup or F12; you have to press F12. Actually the easiest way is to repeatedly press F12 from the moment you turn it on until you get the menu.

The menu in question should give you options for places to boot from, such as the hard disk, flash disk, and CD-ROM. Select CD with the disk in the CD drive and it should get to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-to-reinstall-vista-op-on-toshiba-satellite-a100.940481/
Relevancy 73.53%

My toshiba click2 mini stopped working so I reset it and tried everything even burning windows 10 and 8 to several usb drives to reinstall windows but when I boot into the windows settings it doesn't respond I can't touch the screen to change options or go forward using the key board .

the reason why Ive been trying to reinstall windows is because when I get to the windows 10 setting screen I enter my WiFi and English settings then the pc says please wait and a minute later the screen flashes black and it restarts and I have to enter the settings again I've reset it several times the pc do sent restart if i leave the choose language park on the screen .

toshiba want 80 pounds just to reinstall windows but I don't know how they are going to do it if I can't

A:Toshiba Satellite Click 2 Mini - Cannot reinstall Windows OS

So you have re-installed Windows successfully, but when it boots to "first time" settings wizard where you enter the computer name, user name, wifi settings, etc. you can't use the touch screen or keyboard? I've had this issue before as well. If you've done a fresh install of Windows then the drivers for the keyboard and touch screen aren't available. The only way around this is to plug in a USB keyboard. I can't remember exactly but I don't think the full-size USB port on the keyboard dock works until the driver is installed, so you may have to get a USB On The Go adapter so you can plug a full-size USB keyboard in to the microUSB port on the tablet.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91048-Toshiba-Satellite-Click-2-Mini-Cannot-reinstall-Windows-OS
Relevancy 73.53%

I ve had this laptop for a month now and have been trying to get it back into it s original condition Apparently they ve been using a universal power adapter and it was overvolting the laptop at V instead of the rated V The battery won t charge which Reinstall Toshiba Satellite Factory U305-S5077 I m sure is due to that Anyway most likely from running on adapter only the OS got hosed from being turned off improperly So I wanted to do a factory reinstall from the recovery partition Tried system restore to no avail btw So from what I ve learned recovering a Toshiba laptop back to factory you re supposed to hold down the Toshiba Satellite U305-S5077 Factory Reinstall key turn it on and it should take you to a recovery menu which it does not There are no beeps but I do see something about recovery in the bottom left hand corner Toshiba Satellite U305-S5077 Factory Reinstall for a split sec but then it goes to a normal start in safe mode screen My last option from what I can see is to order a recovery disc direct from Toshiba couldn t find any images online as far as free goes Anybody have any other suggestions before I spend money It has Win Vista installed

A:Toshiba Satellite U305-S5077 Factory Reinstall

Send it back...

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381128/toshiba-satellite-u305-s5077-factory-reinstall/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Toshiba satellite L3050 that has an erased hard drive on it. On the bottom of the laptop there is a Microsoft proof of license sticker with product key. I know this computer is a little older but I want to reinstall an operating system on it for my kid to use to play around on it till they are responsible enough to get a new computer. How do I reinstall the operating system on it?

A:reinstall windows vista on toshiba satellite with erased hard drive

Welcome
Per comments in the Geek Police, follow these instructions
1. Restart the computer.

2. Repeatedly tap the F8 key until you see the Advanced Boot Option Screen.

3. Select Repair Your Computerand hit Enter.

4. Select your country >> OK.

5. On the System Recovery Options Screen select Restore Application.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

8. When prompted, select on "Full Factory Recovery"

9. Select Next >> Yes.

10. After a couple of minutes the recovery will be completed.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301669-reinstall-windows-vista-toshiba-satellite-erased-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

I have done the WIN 8 upgrade on a Toshiba L870-156 laptop. The upgrade is OK, but I have no more Toshiba recovery media creator, as the upgrade procedure said that it had to be desinstalled before the upgrade and reinstalled after the upgrade.

I have one big issue : where can I find Toshiba recovery media creator to reinstall it ?

By advance thank you.

A:Upgrade WIN8 on Satellite L870 - Toshiba recovery media creator reinstall

You need to install the Windows 8 version of the Recovery Disc creator. I think it's generic so grab it from the drivers page of one of the new Win8 model notebooks.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69257-Upgrade-WIN8-on-Satellite-L870-Toshiba-recovery-media-creator-reinstall
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey guys im new I am having computer issues and I would really like some help I have a Toshiba satellite L -S that runs Windows home premium It is at least years old I have only ever had one virus on it to where I couldn t even use the computer in which I installed malware bytes anti-malware and got PLEASE Toshiba responding? not HELP satellite programs rid of it I do regular cleanups I have uninstalled EVERYTHING I don t need The only things I still use on my computer are chrome pictures media player I uninstalled iTunes recently paint wordpad and the on screen keybord because my x c v and m buttons do not work I had the following programs installed on my computer the past couple years Toshiba satellite programs not responding? PLEASE HELP before I started having major problems - Toshiba satellite programs not responding? PLEASE HELP ITunes used somewhat often - Minecraft played a lot - Log me in Hamachi used with Minecraft I believe there are still files on my computer with logmein but I can t figure out how to delete them - League of Legends I never played it So here s the thing My computer starts fine Its a lot slower than it used to be but I assumed it was old age No matter what program I click on it will be okay for a few minutes sometimes enough time for me to get my work done and then specific programs stop responding and if you close out of the ones that seem to be fine clickable it will then not respond The computer is overall very slow programs are not responding and sometimes when I open chrome it doesn t show anything Not an error message just clicks and doesn t show up Keep clicking eventually they show up and not respond Sometimes the bottom bar with the start button doesn t respond and a small box pops up that says Windows not responding and even that box isnt responding I have tried control-alt-delete When my computer is frozen it doesn t pop up I have to do a hard reset on the computer or it will stay frozen for hours I got an error message attached one day when i turned it back on I have ended process in task manager I have defragmented discs multiple times run disc cleanup multiple times checked for updates uninstalled programs and pre-installed programs I don t need I ve unchecked start up programs run malware bytes antialware multiple times and it doesn t show anything What else can I do I want to erase everything off of my computer I cannot reinstall windows because I don t have a disc but I have no way to back up my data I don t have a ton of pictures I have plenty space on my computer left after uninstalling things and I never had it cluttered to begin with Is it possible for parts to have moved around inside RAM from dropping it a little It s been through a lot but still works fine other than this issue Any suggestions would be helpful I don t have a whole lot to fix it so any tips or tricks help I don t really want to install anything if possible Thanks Here are the programs I have still installed - Adobe air flash player activex npapi - Adobe reader xi - atheros communications - Cisco eap-fast module leap module peap module - conexant HD audio - chrome - Intel graphics driver Intel management engine components - Intel rapid storage technology - Java update -bit - label once - malware bytes anti malware - Microsoft net framework - Microsoft office - Microsoft silverlight - Microsoft SQL server compact edition - Microsoft visual C - play ready PC runtime - realtek USB reader driver wlan driver - synaptics pointing device driver - toshiba application installer assist disc creator eco utility hardware setup HDD add alert laptop checkup media controller and plug in online backup PC health monitor quality application recovery media creator resolution plug in for Windows Media player sleep utility supervisor password value added package web camera application registration - Windows live essential mesh activex control for remote connections What can I delete nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-programs-not-responding-please-help.1169910/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I've looked around about this problem on here and other sites but don't really know what I'm looking for so can't find anything I'm on a Toshiba Satellite - Windows Vista If you need any other information please tell me where to find this as this is all I can see on the laptop front The computer was fine until I Toshiba Satellite - Missing Shortcuts Help & Programs unistalled a Softonic Toolbar that I don't know where it came from and didn't want it After that I restarted the computer and it went downhill from there All my shortcuts went like this I have already reinstalled Firefox When I click on a shortcut I get this When I click on the start menu and go into Toshiba Satellite - Shortcuts & Programs Missing Help All Programs to click on the actual name of the thing I want to open it still says the above boxed message I've gone into 'Programs and Features' on the control panel and Gimp and my Canon Toshiba Satellite - Shortcuts & Programs Missing Help programs and Malwarebytes are all there Toshiba Satellite - Shortcuts & Programs Missing Help but I just can't open them I also run IE on this computer as it's really my partners and I'm just using it because my Dell is broken so I use Firefox on it However his IE search bar went missing but I reinstalled Google search bar don't know if that's related I don't think I've done anything and I don't know what's up with it all If you need anymore information please ask though I'm not overly technical Thanks for reading and any help anyone can be

A:Toshiba Satellite - Shortcuts & Programs Missing Help

Restart the PC
Press F8 on bootup
Select REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER
Click on REPAIR
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
Can you get to this screen?
If yes, select system restore and try restoring to previous point

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485080/toshiba-satellite-shortcuts-programs-missing-help/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place but ill start here, I have a Satellite P870 that came with windows8 and all the Toshiba programs obviously, i plan on replacing the harddrive in the laptop, for an SSD, but obviously i need to be able to re-install my Windows8 on to the new HDD, so my first question is how do I go about this. and secondly once I've got my Windows8 back how if at all do I get all the Toshiba built in goodies.

I understand all user data will be lost, i just dont know how to get the windows onto the new hdd

A:Satellite P870 - HDD swap whilst keeping Windows 8 and the Toshiba programs

I don't know if your laptop supports 2 HDD's or if you have an external usb drive caddy. Rather than going through the options I think it would find it better if you google for something like "Windows 8 migrate to ssd" (adding "laptop" if required).
There is software to do the job you want [http://www.paragon-software.com/technologies/components/migrate-OS-to-SSD/]

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71319-Satellite-P870-HDD-swap-whilst-keeping-Windows-8-and-the-Toshiba-programs
Relevancy 67.08%

I am new here and looking for someone to help me please. My daughter is a graphic design student and is ready to throw her laptop.
She works on projects, saves them either to her computer or a memory stick or sometimes, cd. When they are put in another computer, it says they are corrupted files.
Last night, she formatted and it is still doing it today. She can't afford to keep losing her work. Help Please!!

Relevancy 64.93%

I 1805-S254 Satellite Toshiba Files ! Please! BIOS finding help Need recently brought MB more ram and cleaned the CPU FAN HEATSINK for this Toshiba Satellite -S Laptop Please! Need help finding Toshiba Satellite 1805-S254 BIOS Files ! from my uncle Slow shut downs overheating This was all before i discovered how bad these series were from Toshiba and I knew no better So I also took someone s advice and installed Toshiba s upgraded bios to help prevent the system from repeated shutdowns only to find out later that it did this by crippling the cpu speed This thing is SO slow now it s hard to work on it and that s all i do is type and research to try to find a better job and it s terrible I can t even watch a dvd to pass the hours by in my truck Any suggestions on where to find the old BIOS I d rather have it shut down than have it crawl to do the simpelist tasks esp with MB of ram now Thx in advance to any tips Later people nbsp

A:Please! Need help finding Toshiba Satellite 1805-S254 BIOS Files !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-need-help-finding-toshiba-satellite-1805-s254-bios-files.585333/
Relevancy 64.5%

i just had my satellite fixed and i want to create a disk to backup everything that i have on my computer.it has only the things that came with the computer on it."fresh installation" and i need to know what kind of disk, and how do i know exactly what to back-up? never backed up anything before.do i use a dvd disk? and if i use a regular cd-r will it fit everything on one disk ? thanks in advance for any help!

A:"new toshiba satellite" how do i create a backup disk before i start using computer.

there should be an article in the manual you have,DVD-rs usually and how many depends on how much data you got

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-toshiba-satellite-how-do-i-create-a-backup-disk-before-i-start-using-computer.910022/
Relevancy 64.07%

hello i posted a thread a few days ago but didn t get any response to my hard PLEASE drive backup have to reinstall, files..HELP problem on hard drive reinstall, have to backup files..HELP PLEASE the windows vista section of the forum so i m hoping to have better luck here I have a relatively new dell laptop and its succumbed to not booting properly- on booting it attempts to load the dell media direct i dont know why and then the screen goes blue and among some of the text on the blue page it says config list failed Stop x x xc x xF BB bb Well I guess my only option unless someone knows otherwise is for me to have to totally reinstall windows and clear my hard drive but i never created a backup so I NEED to access the important files still on my computer and back those up A dell tech I talked to said to go to the geek squad and they d take care of it for me- for dollars and it d take up to days I tend to be a little tach savvy and if anyone can explain to me how i could backup my own hard drive or how i could take the harddrive out from my laptop and maybe put into my desktop and transfer files over that way that would be GREAT I just dont have the time patience money to wait for days while a stranger transfers over and maybe even looks at my files please help if you can I appreciate it so much nbsp

A:hard drive reinstall, have to backup files..HELP PLEASE

Buy a Laptop to IDE HDD Adapter from computer store. So you be able to backup your data. So try to keep your laptop hard drive has enough space for Windows Vista works.

How can you remove your hard drive from laptop? Watch This Video

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-reinstall-have-to-backup-files-help-please.755543/
Relevancy 60.63%

Well, obviously I could simply back up my files...but what about settings? I would like to keep those if I can.

I was wondering if I could make a separate partition for C:/Documents and Settings in the same way some people make a /home partition for Ubuntu. That way, I could put everything that's important on there and reinstall with the files already there. Is it possible to do this, and if it is, how?

A:Any way to delete the OS while keeping settings, files and programs for a reinstall?

Yes...it's called a repair install of the O/S.

Which, by the way...is not guaranteed to resolve any computer circumstance, it's just an effort.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369043/any-way-to-delete-the-os-while-keeping-settings-files-and-programs-for-a-reinstall/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone I have a desktop and laptop but not a stable one I ve had my desktop for over years now and what i want to do is completely wipe out the hard drive and reinstall only the programs and files I need I know I can backup my files and such on DVDs or my laptop via files and settings transfer wizard btw can you use usb for that But what I m concerned with is all the programs I don t know if i still have my serial numbers and keys for all these programs Will I have to completely re-install and re-configure these programs or is there a way to back them up and transfer them back to the desktop without having to re-enter the serial numbers and re-configure backup programs files and for Transferring them after it s been wiped out And with the files and setting transfer wizard what all does it transfer I don t want EVERYTHING that s part of the reason for doing this nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello!

My toshiba doesn't want to boot,and I can't press F2,F8or F12.

I tried everything unplugging the battery,taking out the HDD, everything!!

And i can't do absoloutley nothing when i turn it on no button on the keybored does anything.

Please help!

A:Toshiba satellite P300 (-1CD) won't boot past toshiba splash screen.

Hello,

Perform the following steps:
-Remove the battery and Power adapter
-Press and hold the power button for 30-45 seconds (with battery and power still removed)
-Insert just the battery and attempt to boot the laptop.
-Insert just the power adapter and attempt to boot the laptop.

If still unsuccessful: Remember to remove battery and power before removing/installing components

-Remove the power and battery
-Remove the hard drive from the laptop and attempt to boot with the battery installed. Do you receive any error message?
-Remove the memory modules from the laptop
-Insert just the battery and attempt to start the laptop (you should receive beep error)
-Try inserting just one module of memory and test (swapping modules after each attempt)
-Remove the optical drive and test.
-Try disconnecting the CMOS battery for a few minutes then re-connect and try.

How to take apart a Toshiba Satellite P305 series notebook

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/toshiba-satellite-p300-1cd-wont-boot-past-toshiba-splash-screen-676312.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all I recently got myself into a quandary I installed additional drives with the intent of creating a RAID volume that's supported by the BIOS In order to do that I must change the BIOS setting for the controller which includes all volumes including my boot drive which I don't intend to RAID The problem I have is that when I switch the controller from UEFI to RAID Windows Recovery will not use the System Image that I made System backup to programs Need without Image all files and It says the volume was created under a different setting Bios vs EFI What are my options Is there a different backup setting that will preserve all my installed software I'm not concerned about data which I can copy to an external volume but it would take several days to get all my software reinstalled I'd like to avoid that I assume I will have to reinstall Windows Pro and then use a backup program to restore everything else If that's the case then I need to know which backup program will work If there's a better way I'd love to know I see my options as either get another backup program get a separate controller card for either the boot drive or the RAID volume or reinstall everything Thanks

A:Need to backup all programs and files without System Image

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/42565-need-backup-all-programs-files-without-system-image.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Missing Ethernet, Network, PCI Simple Communications, SM Bus and Universal controller drivers. This isn't my laptop, I'm just fixing it for a friend.

Someone on another forum asked for this information:
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_FB371179&REV_05
PC\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_FB371179
PC\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PC\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

I don't know if I need more, but I tried downloading plenty of driver to no avail.

A:Toshiba Satellite Satellite L875-S7209 network drivers missing

Hi for what OS is this for. have you been to toshiba support page for the drivers? should install the chipset driver first.

get drivers from here. http://support.toshiba.com/support/m...eeText=3466715

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351243-toshiba-satellite-satellite-l875-s7209-network-drivers-missing.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
My laptop cannot tell me any post after the Toshiba logo just black screen. Cannot get into the bios or anything... These are the things I have tried:
Taken hard drive out,
Taken ram out and only tried one..
Taken Battery Cmos battery out for a few minutes..
Had a look at the motherboard and fan is not even working when I turn it on..
I have taken the cpu and put it back in..
Defiantly Sounds like the motherboard problem but want to know if its just a chip that needs to be replaced and soldered.. If anyone has any ideas that will be awesome.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-c650d-black-screen-after-toshiba-logo.219496/
Relevancy 57.62%

Would an A60 LCD screen work properly on a Satellite A75? I'm watching a system on ebay and it has a faulty screen. I have a working screen from a Satellite A60, and I would like to use it on the A75 system.

Thanks!

A:Toshiba Satellite A60 LCD Screen Installed On Satellite A75?

Nope, doesn't look like it.
The A75 has a 15.4" WXGA widescreen at 1,280 x 800
The A60 has a 15" XGA regular at 1024 x 768

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-a60-lcd-screen-installed-on-satellite-a75.620903/
Relevancy 55.9%

HI all,

I cannot boot off ANY external USB drive as I cannot select CSM option in boot menu in BIOS. IT's defaulting to UEFI and is greyed out. I have disable secure boot, have tried every suggestion from anything I could find. Is there any way to boot off anything except internal SSD? I cannot believe Toshiba would do such a crippling choice!

My laptop is Toshiba Satellite C40-C-10Q

Thanks for any help
Greg.

A:Satellite C40 - cannot select CSM option at the boot

Originally Posted by gbursson

HI all,

I cannot boot off ANY external USB drive as I cannot select CSM option in boot menu in BIOS. IT's defaulting to UEFI and is greyed out. I have disable secure boot, have tried every suggestion from anything I could find. Is there any way to boot off anything except internal SSD? I cannot believe Toshiba would do such a crippling choice!

My laptop is Toshiba Satellite C40-C-10Q

Thanks for any help
Greg.

Yeah I have the same problem as well. And have sought so much help. Toshiba does not help with this problem. I even paid tech support and they could not deal with it. But the only thing I found works is if you convert the hard drive format into a GPT format, then perhaps the laptop will detect the hard disk via usb connection, that you have been describing.

before I PROCEED I must warn you that if you do any of these things that YOU BACK UP THE INFORMATION ON OUR SSD, OKAY.

So, try and have access to a command prompt.

You could just hit escape in your keyboard while doing a cold boot.

Or, boot from an os image usb thumbdrive to access repair options.

Then try to access command prompt.

Enter "diskpart" in command prompt. Then press <enter>

Enter "list disk" in command prompt. Then Press <enter>

Find your hard disk, from the list of hard disks. Make sure you match the hard disk on the list with the size of your ssd hard disk.

Once you do that, make note of the disk number.

once you make note of that select that disk by doing the following:
Enter "Select disk <and now put the number of your disk here in this designation> (for example "select disk 3" would be one example, but it depends on YOUR disk number for your ssd.) Then press <enter>

enter the command "convert to GPT" the press <enter>

YOu will see a message reply from the command pompt telling you the convert procedure was successful to GPT.

And if you get a message that it could not be converted, then it may be because you have information on it and it needs to be formatted to convert from MBR format to GPT format.

ALright. Well it it converted to GPT, then let us continue:

1) type "exit" <enter>

2) Do step one again to exit command prompt.

3) restart your computer.

4) try to install windows from usb media and see to it that your hard drive is detected in the install menu.

Note: if you still cannot see your hard drive then convert the hard drive back to MBR format the same way I told you to do with converting to the GPT format. Then you could consider making a VHD partition on the SSD drive, as a GPT format VHD, and simply boot to your os usb thumbdrive and access repair options to have access to cmd prompt to attach the VHD.

type diskpart. press enter.

NOTE remember your VHD designated name.

type select vdisk file=<drive letter:> \<the full name of your vhd and end with the letters ".vhd">\

type "attach vdisk" press enter.

it will spit out a reply saying you attached it successfully.

type list vol, then press enter

find the letter of your install os thumbdrive.

once you find it, hold that thought in your head.

hit exit.
type <the letter of that volume I told you to hold in your head> followed by a colon ( press enter

than in the following line type the word "setup"

you shall get a pop-up of the splash screen for installing your windows os. So, clic on setup. Agree to the terms. Do a custom install, and NOW YOU WILL SEE your vhd partition and now you could install windwos os on it.

Please note: this only worked with windows 8.1 os usb bootable image media, and not for windows 7, and it may work for windows 10, but I am not too sure it will work as it did not work for me.

hope this helps. If you still have problems with detecting the ssd or the vhd then I have no idea what to tell you. I must warn you that if you do any of these t... Read more

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89756-Satellite-C40-cannot-select-CSM-option-at-the-boot
Relevancy 55.47%

Ihave a Satellite L -B- FN bought only five months ago Feb and aside from an ongoing problem with the lid not closing properly Inow have a hardware issue the keyboard has stopped functioningfully with most of the number keys unresponsive as well as theletters R and Y Ihave checked the keyboard and drivers setup through Device Manager select Satellite L50-B-2FN: working not keys keyboard and the machine tells me everything is working properly and updated but this is clearly not the case I tried Toshiba's own onlinerecommendations uninstalling the keyboard http support toshiba com support t COMPUTERS and a system restore to the last automatic http forums toshiba com t System- -p but neither have resolved the problem Fromwhat I understand from online forums keyboard issues like thi are a very common problem on Toshiba Satellites especially those running or updating to Windows mine came with Windows alreadyinstalled There does not however seem to be a clear or consistentsolution Can anyone help Apparently the warranty on this device serial number part number expired on Dec so even though Ionly bought it from the store on Feb it isn'tcovered--otherwise I would be requesting a replacement especiallygiven the problem with the lid not closing properly too Thanksin advance Martyn

A:Satellite L50-B-2FN: select keyboard keys not working

I see cut-and-paste mangled the spacing of my text, so I hope that is all clear enough!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92762-Satellite-L50-B-2FN-select-keyboard-keys-not-working
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have a Satellite L -B- FN bought only five months ago Feb and aside from an ongoing problem with the lid not closing properly I now have a hardware issue the keyboard has stopped functioning fully keys Satellite working L50-B-2FN: select keyboard not with most of the number keys unresponsive as well as the letters R and Y I have checked the keyboard and drivers setup through Device Manager and Satellite L50-B-2FN: select keyboard keys not working the machine tells me everything is working properly and updated but this is clearly not the case I tried Toshiba's own online recommendations uninstalling the keyboard http support toshiba com support t TYPE COMPUTERS and a system restore to the last automatic http forums toshiba com t System- ta-p but neither have resolved the problem From what I understand from online forums keyboard issues like thi are a very common problem on Toshiba Satellites especially those running or updating to Windows mine came with Windows already installed There does not however seem to be a clear or consistent solution Can anyone help Apparently the warranty on this device serial number part number expired on Dec so even though I only bought it from the store on Feb it isn't covered--otherwise I would be requesting a replacement especially given the problem with the lid not closing properly too Thanks in advance Martyn

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92654-Satellite-L50-B-2FN-select-keyboard-keys-not-working
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys,

I recently had to reinstall windows 7 on my laptop as it randomly decided not to boot up. I had a backup of my files saved onto a partition on my laptop but it won't let me restore them for some reason.

I can access the partition from the computer tab and I see the backup there. When I click on it it asks me if I want to 'restore files from this backup', but when accept there are no backups listed.

I originally tried to repair my windows 7 when I had to reinstall it but it came up with a message saying that there were no backups to restore! Any ideas guys?

L

A:Not able to select a backup

I was just looking at the partition again - It says that it has 57GB free out of 107 but my windows backup is 0 bytes when I look at its properties. I don't know if that is normal though as the only other files in it are only a few KBs each!

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/255526-not-able-select-backup.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi im new here and my laptop froze then i had to turn my laptop off using the power button. Then when i turned it back on it said reboot and select proper device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. What do i do? Im 15 and had a bad experience with laptops. I rage at them.

A:toshiba laptop boots to reboot and select proper device

Hello computerrager15. Welcome to the forum.

I suggest not raging at a laptop. They break easily and hold a grudge forever.

Unfortunately it sounds like you have lost your hard disk drive. It has either become disconnected, gone offline, or has failed in some way.

If you are mechanically inclined, you could open up the hard drive bay and remove and reinstall the drive. That will eliminate a disconnection problem.

If that does not change anything then I suggest removing the hard drive and connecting it to a spare data and power connectors on a desktop PC. If you can access the drive there - see files and folders etc - then that will eliminate a failed drive.

If you are nervous about working inside the laptop (or might throw parts around the room in a fit of frustration) then you could bring it to a computer shop. They could test the drive in a short time for minimal cost.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365519-toshiba-laptop-boots-reboot-select-proper-device.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
I have 3 drives in my system,
64gb boot Health System Active
640g Apps Health Primary 376gfree
500g storage Healthy Primary 496gfree

I'm trying to a backup with a system image,
It says for the storage drive when selected that it will not do a system image.
But when I select the 640, it doesnt say it wont, but will not let me choose any files from that drive.

Not sure what is going on,
thanks for any help.

A:Cant select storage drive for backup.

Please clarify:

Are those 3 separate drives, each with one partition?

Or is this all one drive containing 3 partitions?

Are you trying to make an image of just the 64 g partition?

An image file cannot be stored on the source partition.

What application are you using to make the image?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/188194-cant-select-storage-drive-backup.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Dear

I have this error in my Toshiba Satellite L10W-B1768

Reboot and select proper Boot device

or insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key

i can not make recovery also USB not work i try to install windows from USB / External CD/DVD Driver but not work redirect me to this page
Reboot and select proper Boot device

or insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key

i tried pressing the key "0" nothing happens

I tried "F12" don't get any recovery options.
also in bios configuration no UEFI and CSM ( in the advanced->System Configuration)

how can i solve this issue ????

A:Reboot and select proper Boot Device on Satellite L10W-B1768

Dear

i have a problem in my toshiba Satellite L10W-B1768
"Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and Press a Key"
I don't get a "HDD Recovery" option. If I press the "0 or F2" key, same multiplication of the annoying massage.

No Recovery Option how can i solve this issue ????

also i restore BIOS defaults but same issue

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91111-Reboot-and-select-proper-Boot-Device-on-Satellite-L10W-B1768
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently changed computers from an XP to a Win 7 home premium, 64 bit. I have used Ghost on both machines and have an XP backup drive that I would like to recover some files from. I opened Ghost and clicked on "TASKS", "OPTIONS", then external drives. The drive I want to use was listed. I selected it, clicked on apply and clicked OK. I then went to "recover my files" and it still had the WIN 7 backups listed even though that drive is not powered up. Any suggestions?

A:Norton Ghost cannot select backup drive

Use this software "Acronis Disk Director Tools 11", it's better than Norton Ghost..This software cover all your requirement..

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/197689-norton-ghost-cannot-select-backup-drive.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently installed a second internal hard drive in my Dell Dimension E510 to use for file backup purposes. It was a used drive so I formatted it and changed a BIOS setting and the drive is now recognized by the system. I went to run the backup utility in Win XP Pro and was not able to select it as the destination for the backup--only the removable drives came up when I went to browse destinations. I did some searching online but couldn't figure out how to set it as the backup destination. How do I do that?

A:How to Select Second Internal Hard Drive for Backup

Hi bikerbill,If the hard drive is recognized in BIOS, it may just need to be initialized. Before you can use a disk, you must first initialize it.Click Start, right click on My Computer, select Manage, then Disk Management.An initialization wizard may start, if so follow the prompts. If not then right click the disk you want to initialize and select Initialize Disk.Now try Microsoft Backup again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448956/how-to-select-second-internal-hard-drive-for-backup/
Relevancy 52.89%

So, I discovered that there is no more backup in Win8. However, I found the file history.

The problem that I am facing is that I can't select folders to backup. So, how do I add C:\myfolder ???

A:Windows 8 - File History (aka Backup) - how to select folders?

File history only backs up libraries.

Either add the folder to an existing library or create a new library that includes your folder.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb660d08-aee8-45c5-85e2-fe07d8559c32/windows-8-file-history-aka-backup-how-to-select-folders?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

I used Paragon to do a full backup of my Windows XP hard drive

After restoring the backup, i can't boot my system - error "no boot device has been detected, please press any key to reboot"

Of course the correct HDD is selected in the BIOS (i only have 1 HDD in this computer)

As far as i remember i have set Paragon to include ALL partitions in the backup, including the system reserved one.

But when i open my backup file with Paragon i only see the "Local disk" partition

Any way to fix it and get my system to boot ?

A:reboot and select proper device (after restoring backup)

Quote: Originally Posted by anarchoi

I used Paragon to do a full backup of my Windows XP hard drive

After restoring the backup, i can't boot my system - error "reboot and select proper device"

Of course the correct HDD is selected in the BIOS (i only have 1 HDD in this computer)

As far as i remember i have set Paragon to include ALL partitions in the backup, including the system reserved one.

But when i open my backup file with Paragon i only see the "Local disk" partition

Any way to fix it and get my system to boot ?

Remove any CD or DVD from your optical drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330719-reboot-select-proper-device-after-restoring-backup.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Each and every time I boot-up my computer, I am prompted to select between "Windows XP Home Edition" and "(Backup Line) Windows XP Home Edition". Everything works fine with either selection. Is there a way I can bypass or select "Windows XP Home Edition" by default?

A:Solved: Help - Prompted to Select Backup Line for Windows XP every startup

You're going to have to edit your boot.ini file located in C:\
Double-click on this file to open it in Notepad. Is the (Backup Line) line listed?
If so, delete this line. Your boot.ini file should now look something like this, especially the [operating systems] section:

[boot loader]
timeout=15
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

Double-check what you have done before saving the changes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-prompted-to-select-backup-line-for-windows-xp-every-startup.389391/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a new computer with Windows 7. In order to do work online, I keep several tabs open at the same time. The only tab that times out regularly is our access to owa. In addition, my soft phone times out randomly. Everything esle works out fine, regardless of the browser used. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 645 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5887 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200 , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942279 MB, Free - 894483 MB; D: Total - 11486 MB, Free - 1403 MB; J: Total - 1430796 MB, Free - 1325120 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1 , 1.00,
Antivirus: Norton Business Suite, Updated and Enabled

A:select programs time out

What do you mean that it "times out"? Generally, web page timeouts are set by the web page and aren't anything users can control.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/select-programs-time-out.1023127/
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay,
I was having major problems with XP so i decided to do a dirty install. So I reinstalled, keeping all of the other data on my hdd. But when I got windows back up and running, I still had all the programs in the Program Files Folder, and they could run, but all the shortcuts on the desktop, the start menu, and the add/remove programs are gone.

I understand why this happened, but I haden't even thought about it before reinstalling.

I checked around and even resorted to Microsoft's site and their resolution was: Revert to backup of shortcuts....lmao

Well, all help is appreciated and thanks in advance,
Gold

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restoring-programs-in-start-programs-and-add-remove-after-reinstall.337055/
Relevancy 51.17%

how create usb operating system(usb live xp)

AND

selected programs use ??

A:how create usb OS system? and select programs use?

You cannot make a fully functional Windows XP OS on a USB flash drive. USB is too slow to operate a computer fully. You can make a USB Flash XP Boot disc. Which will give you a stripped down version of XP to trouble shoot a troubled computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-create-usb-os-system-and-select-programs-use-578014.html
Relevancy 51.17%

The test result is under Win7 build 7000
1. Open backup and restore center
2. Set backup settings
a. Choose backup locations to local disk,for example f:\
b. Choose [Let me choose]
c. What do you want to back up?
Only choose the folder of c:\program files\windows photo viewer\
Do not choose [Include a system image]
d. Backup summary
Items are c:\program files\windows photo viewer\
e. Save settings and start backup

Result:
There is no files under F:\TEST-PC\Backup Set 2008-09-29 032022\Backup Files 2008-09-29 032022\Backup files 1.zip\

So, the question is why we can not backup this folder at the first time(it should be a full backup)

Anyone can help me, thank you in advance!

A:Backup files fail to backup files in Program Files

Hi

Backup doesn't usually back up a program's files. Since Programs need to be "Installed", it makes no sense to simply back up the program's "program files" folder if no User data is stored in such folders. Since that folder would be fully rebuilt upon it's reinstallation, why does a backup need to be made of it?
I tested this also, and while a backup file was created, the zip folder was empty as was yours.
But again, backing up such a folder makes no sense and is a waste of space in the backup file, so it only makes sense that certain file types are excluded from being backed up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/3907-backup-files-fail-backup-files-program-files.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I sign in to my lap top which takes forever then I don't see any Dixon's loaded either so I cue up the task man. And it's blank also & tells me there are no programs e.g. running! I need some help guy's?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632191/need-help-for-my-toshiba-satellite/
Relevancy 51.17%

I only turn on and use my computer in the evening and have noticed my pc does not automatically make restore points, i think this is because of the time of day i use it, is there any [U]EASY[U]way i can change when these are made? I am not very computer literate so an easy explaination required!!

A:Toshiba satellite pro

System Restore points really only happen if there are software changes. Like Windows Update or installing a new program.

If you wish to create your own follow this link: Create a Restore Point for Windows 7 or Vista’s System Restore - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-satellite-pro-639835.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hey guys well a few weeks ago my laptop stopped working The one in the title I obviously was depressed because I have a lot of things on my laptop The problem is that I get to the boot screen where it allows me to go into safe mode start windows normally etc etc Then it will do the countdown til it starts windows normally but as soon as I hit Enter or the countdown is done it freezes on that screen I tried editing my BIOs maybe there is more I can do in there not completely sure I blew into the vents and tried to blow out any Satellite M40/M45 help Toshiba dust I opened some of the computer and sprayed Toshiba Satellite M40/M45 help some aerosol to clear out any dust on w e I did open I couldn t figure out how to open the whole bottom back of the computer I also tried using the recovery disc but it is not recognizing the disc drive By this I mean that it is not loading anything from the disc drive I also tried to install another operating system Mandriva Linux DSL and Ubuntu Linux All help will be appreciated Thanks -CJP Toshiba Satellite M40/M45 help P Toshiba Satellite M40/M45 help S If someone can help me with also opening the whole laptop that may help as well nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite M40/M45 help

Hmm... from what I am reading I think this thread should be moved to the "Windows OS" Forums, so if it is supposed to be moved, I do request and admin/moderator move this thread.
Thanks,
-CJP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-m40-m45-help.116085/
Relevancy 51.17%

We have a toshiba satellite L305-S5893. It was working fine and I used to the shut down option to restart the computer. After that it never restarted. It says toshiba innovation and then black screens. Eventually it says what operating system would you like to start and lists vista. After doing that it says a system32 file is corrupt or missing and cannot start windows. We do not have the windows starting disk and I cant get into safe mode. The only thing I can get into is the setup utility manager. Can I download this file somewhere or how else can I get to safe mode? I think its vista 32 but not positive.

A:Help with Toshiba Satellite

After other options are exhausted, if you find any, you can try to go back to factory specs. You will lose all your programs, etc, but you can reload them.

Here are instructions on how to try.
Laptop Recovery Instructions - Tech Support Forum

Wish you good luck. Sorry about this incident.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269347-help-toshiba-satellite.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I need help my Toshiba laptop keep restarting and won't boot.

A:Toshiba satellite

can you try safe mode
as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode - see if that works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite.1119987/
Relevancy 51.17%

MY friend has a Toshiba Satellite A75-S209 laptop, the hard drive has died, I have found one online for him, but we have no recovery disk from Toshiba to install the OS on the new hard drive, question is where can I find one? If he has to buy Windows, he might as well buy a new laptop. Also how difficult is a hard drive installation in a laptop. I have done this in a desktop.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Toshiba Satellite

You might be able to order the Recovery discs from Toshiba for a small fee.

Most laptops now require the user to make their own discs when they purchase the system and the re is a recovery partition on the drive.

P.S. Windows is considerably cheaper then a new laptop. And you should have a Windows license number on the bottom of the laptop so the worse case scenrio is that you have to get a regular Windows CD, do an install and download all the drivers, but you'd lose some of the Toshiba pre-installed software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite.734383/
Relevancy 51.17%

im using windows vista but since i have format my laptop it seems i cant get any wireless connection. i have tried with a cable and again theres no connection to the internet. windows Network Diagnostics refers that my computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured. but i have been using wireless before i format? Any help pleaseeee?

A:toshiba satellite A-300

frappeman,
Welcome to TSG.
You need to ensure you have the correct chipset and Wi-Fi driver installed. you should also check your WLAN AutoConfig service is set to Automatic and Started.

Drivers;
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=2221240&rpn=PSAG8U&modelFilter=A300-ST3512&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663

Configuring Services;
http://www.askvg.com/windows-vista-services-that-can-be-safely-set-to-manual/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-a-300.1052934/
Relevancy 51.17%

A while back someone brought me a computer to try and get into it. It's a Toshiba Satellite A505. She had been sick and not used it for about 6 mo. When she tried to get into it she had forgotten the Toshiba password to get into it (not the Windows Administrator password). She had tried numerous times with different things she had used before on things. Since you must take the computer completely apart and remove the motherboard to get to the battery, which is soldered on the bottom of the board, I couldn't remove and try that as I usually would do. I talked to a couple computer shops and they wanted around $150.00 to do all that. Where I am now with it is I have tried 2 other motherboards in it and neither of them has any video. It powers on and that's all I get.
I would be very appreciative of any suggestions.

A:Can't get into Toshiba Satellite

When she tried to get into it she had forgotten the Toshiba password to get into it Click to expand...

we cannot help with by passing passwords on this forum - please re-read the rules you signed up to when joining

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

so NO assistance can be given here for the password issue -

Where I am now with it is I have tried 2 other motherboards in it and neither of them has any video. It powers on and that's all I get.Click to expand...

laptops can be quite difficult to replace components without problems - where did you get the two motherboards from ? are they the exact model and revision

usually windows software OEM is locked to the motherboard - so you will need to also purchase another license for the software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-into-toshiba-satellite.1049434/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

I have just replaced the screen on my Toshiba Satellite U50D-A laptop myself as they as it was not covered under warranty.

Now when I power it on it comes up with PXE messages which indicate it is trying to boot from the LAN instead of the HDD.

HDD is the first boot device in the BIOS

Possibly the HDD was wiped when it was in for repair and therefore it cannot find a boot partition on it to boot from.

My initial questions are:

1. How can I tell if the HDD has a bootable partition on it?
2 How can I reload Windows 8 onto the HDD if I do not have a CD/DVD drive on the laptop?

Mant thanks for any help you can give me.

make sure your HDD is detected on the BIOS if not try to press del or f2 to go into bios then select your HDD as primary HDD press f10 to save changes,,try if you can boot it.. if not then you will have to re install your operating system via bootable flash drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite.1139305/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1905-s301. Need to find out how many ram slots I have and to be able to put some in, but I cant figure out how to get to the damn motherboard.
Unscrewed about every screw I could find but nothing even seems to come close to bugding. Has about 3-4 slots which you can unscreen and look into but none for the ram.
Its like pandoras box
Anyone have any idea? I've never worked with a laptop before.

A:Cant take apart my Toshiba Satellite

This was posted somewhere on the forum not too long ago. Your laptop isn't listed, but maybe it will help.
http://irisvista.com/tech/index.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-take-apart-my-toshiba-satellite.414140/
Relevancy 51.17%

So my girlfriend bought this laptop probably three or four months ago. She uses a Verizon flash drive for her internet. All of a sudden her windows store won't open, none of the apps on her computer will open. the store says there is no internet connection but both browsers work fine. I've tried the ws.reset but it does nothing, the store just tries to load. I've messed with the proxy settings in IE even thou she user firefox. Any help is appreciated. Thought about just resetting it to factory settings and selling it!

A:Toshiba satellite help

Check if necessary services are enabled for windows store to work properly.

run->services.msc look for Windows Store Service. Also check DNS service.

Run windows troubleshoorter to check for any related issues. 
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556932/toshiba-satellite-help/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I joined today and thank anyone and everyone in advance for any help he/she can give me. Here is my first problem - with my laptop screen. A vertical red line on the right hand side of the screen suddenly appeared a few days back while I was online and will not go away. I tried changing the screen saver already. It's still under guarantee but I have no faith in the shop where I bought it (they told me to bring it back as it means serious screen problems) but as I'have just had some bad experiences when I returned other electronic equipment I'd like to check if anyone else has ever had this happen and what was the solution. Again, thank you!

A:toshiba satellite m60

test with vga out?

I had the same computer with the same problem, when i contacted toshiba support they gave me a local repair site and i brought it in, they tested it and replaced the screen in 2 days. The guy at the repair facility said all they did was to hook up an external monitor to verify it was indeed the screen and not the system and when they knew the problem was the screen they proceeded from there. If you have a vga monitor you can plug in and test it, if it is the screen it's one of the easiest fixes, so unless the shop you're dealing with is totally inept, or totally corrupt, it should be no problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-m60.63602/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am having problems with a Toshiba Satellite Laptop L305D-S5881 Model # PSLC8U-00D010. It will boot up and i can hear the fan working but i have no picture on the screen. I removed the memory sticks and installed one that is on good working and still no picture. Could it be the video card or something else. please help.

tonchis

tonchis:

Not too sure what was up with the large space and the odd characters at the bottom, but I've edited them out.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite.1123730/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a toshiba satellite 2545xcdt w/amd k6-2 333mhz, with 66fsb. was wondering what is the fastest cpu that i can replace it with?

A:toshiba satellite cpu

Well you need a laptop version of the CPU which is harder to find then a normal one. On top of that, K6-2 CPUs in general have become something of a rarity. & finally when you take into account the fact that laptop CPUs aren't meant to be swapped with newer ones, you'll notice you have a lot going against you.

If you insist on looking for one anyways, I guess you could pretty much take any K6-2 all the way to 500mhz & adjust it to a 66mhz FSB. The Socket CPUs before the Slot 1/A era did not have locked multipliers so you could play around with it & the FSB, provided the laptop's BIOS / Mainboard lets you do so.

Just bring the new chip down to the same speed as the old one & gradually raise the speed while keeping an eye on the temps. If your laptop was designed with a certain CPU speed in mind, it might not react very well with a faster, hotter chip.

I still think it might be a better idea to start saving for a newer laptop though.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-cpu.11307/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135 notebook. It has four USB ports that all do the same thing. Anything I plug into them it just says "device not recognized". I have made sure its not a driver OR software issue. Tech support tells me I have an issue with my systemboard. I have also even tried flashing my bios to a new version and still the same problem. My question is this!

I recently bought a PCMCIA card with 4 extra USB ports on it but it has to be powered by ONE usb cable. Will this card work? Even tho my ports don't recognize should it power the expansion card I'm about to install? Any suggestions? This is a nice notebook and I just need some USB support before I junk it. Thanks.

Chris

A:Toshiba Satellite HELP!

Not sure what PCMCIA card your talking about the one I had worked because it had a separate power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-help.798248/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

My Satallite A-200-1HU will not start... The DC-IN symbol flashes contstantly when i put the power cable in....

Can anybody tell me what is likely to be wrong?? - I have read somewhere that something may be fried??

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Rhys ([email protected])

A:Toshiba Satellite A-200

It may be a problem with the battery which may be wrongly place or fried as you say. Remove it and check it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a-200.141375/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm having a problem.. I was opening one of my games on my computer when all a sudden my screen went black.. It wouldn't go back to the regular desktop screen.. So i shut it off y holding down the power button.. Then when i tried to turn it back on it goes to the locked screen like it always does and then i enter my password and when it goes to bring up my desktop it takes forever and signs me on to a temporary profile.. I can't figure out why, or how to get back to MY profile.. It doesn't have any files i've saved or anything.. Also my internet runs really slow while logged on to this temp. Profile.. Any help would be very welcomed.. Thanks in advance.

A:Toshiba satellite help

Sounds like you have a virus or other malware affecting the Windows log on. What happens in Safe Mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-help.112426/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
I've been given a Toshiba Satellite M70 Laptop.. I've been given this laptop because the internal screen isn't working.. so wanting some opinions.

The screen lights up, but doesn't display a picture - instead just random vertical & horizontal lines. I think its probably going to be the LCD panel, I've reseated the cable at both ends but didn't make a difference.

Just wondering what other people think.. I just don't want to order a replacement panel if someone thinks it might be the mainboard for example.

A:Toshiba Satellite M70

Well, the first thing I would do is plug an external monitor to it and see what comes up. Toshibas have a diagnosis function that you can run if you hit F8 at startup. Choose the test and let see if it finds any problems with the onboard screen.

A-N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-m70.767723/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,

I am totally lost.Can't connect wifi. There are two routers. The first a model/dsl router second a linksys that is connected by cable.
Don't have a problem with other laptops so problem with this PC.
LAN connects no problem. on CMD - it always shoes media disconnected. It detects and connects to the network but no IP.

I am totally lost. Re-installed broadcom adapter. Any thoughts please?
Windows 7 Home premium.

A:Toshiba satellite

can we see the ipconfig /all - see below

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

Is your wireless security enabled - if so - log into the router and remove the wireless security - now see if it will connect - if it does - log back into the router and try the wireless security again

try a tcp/ip reset - see below

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite.1072771/
Relevancy 51.17%

OK This might be a really dumb question and all of you are gonna laugh but here goes. this is a a80 series laptop. My question is does this laptop ave only one memory slot, cause i took off the panel to test the memory and all I see is one slot. It does not seem logical that they would place the other slot in a different location. Or am i totally wrong, and the other slot is just somewhere else. The reason i ask is because if i dont have to take apart the case, good. i usuall break things like this.

A:Toshiba satellite mem?

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2554

Please note it says 512 Mb x 2.

Many laptops have an easilly reachable second slot for expansion and an internal harder-to-get-at slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-mem.109956/
Relevancy 51.17%

The hard disk of my toshiba satellite series laptop crashed following an amateur attempt to partition the disk using 'Partition Magic'.

Since then, I have formatted the disk but am unable to get full use of the laptop since all the drivers are gone.

I got the Satellite A 60 'Recovery DVD Rom' but am unable to use it since the drive is unable to read DVDs (CDs are being read fine).

Where can I get all the drivers in one place, in preferably one file (dunno if thats possible!!) ?? Please help..

You might be able to find them at the Toshiba website - but I would try putting the DVD in another computer and look for the DVD driver. Then copy it to a floppy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite.384590/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a toshiba satellite and the screen goes blank, sometimes its ok. Is it a fault of the power management? How do you adjust the power management on this type of machine. Control panel is a dead end, is this particular to Toshiba notebooks?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys, iam brand new here so i hope this is where this goes...I have a toshiba satellite notebook that has something wrong with the driver. When i go to burn a dvd now or even a cd it tells me to attach an external drive, or the area where you choose which location to burn to is greyed out. I can't seem to look up the model number on the Toshiba website, the number on my receipt is A70wb200e, while the number i brought up using the system itself is mfwt020acp08. Any help would be great, thx!

A:Help please (Toshiba Satellite)

Hi and welcome. Look at the bottom of the laptop -- I think they put the model number there.

Also, did you get a user's manual, it should be listed there as well, and I do think that it's on the laptop too in a .pdf format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-toshiba-satellite.657314/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Gang

I have my neighbors Lap Top a Toshiba Satellite P205-S7469. She was in the middle of an e-mail and the screen froze up, she shut it down and turned it back on and now it will go through the Toshiba Intro, and goes to a blank screen. The cursor will still move so it is not froze up. I have tried the repair and it goes through that and says everything is ok, ha ha ha I tried to do a restore and it will not let me do that. It will not do anything in safe mod either. You click on safe mode and it goes to the blank screen and sits there. I have tried a recovery disk and that does not thing.

It acts like the boot sector is bad. and ideas.? She has a lot of pictures and bank stuff on the HD, so I don't want to lose that.

Thanx....Gunny

Hi Gang...Just remembered I also ran a Avira scan on it, no change. I also pulled the HD from it and used a cheater cable on it, and the HD runs and I seen all the info on it. All seems intact that way.

Thanx.....Gunny

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286609-toshiba-satellite.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok, I got a used laptop from work, always worked fine.

brought it home, and it worked fine. then all of the sudden it would get through the toshiba screen and go nowhere.

then the next day, it started up fine 2 times.

I tried to boot from the XP CD, and it does the whole blue screen thing until 'starting windows' then it just hangs up.

When I boot in safe mode, or attempt to, it gets stuck on system32\drivers\agp440.sys

any ideas?

A:Toshiba Satellite M35

Ok... well it seems to be royally f;ed up.

I attempted to install windows again, after booting up. So it could not delete the partition. I had to install over it and erase it. In the process, it ended up with an error and cant complete the install. So now it keeps hitting some error about text.

I did have a ghost boot disc, and now it wont even finish booting up to the ghost program, it just gets to an a: prompt.

Anyway to wipe out the HD with not much access to anything and start over?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-m35.679584/
Relevancy 51.17%

when i switch it on all the led green and the fan but no picture .cheers

A:Help for Toshiba Satellite l20

Zenosincks said:

Does an external monitor pick up a display signal?Click to expand...

thenk you for your reply
no i tried to connect external screen the same no picture.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-for-toshiba-satellite-l20.104516/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Toshiba Satelite l305d-s5900. I turn it on and it immediately goes to the toshiba leading innovation screen. It doesn't do anything if I press f2 or f12. I've tried pressing f8 while powering on as well as 0. It does nothing. I'm at a complete loss on what to do.
It makes no sound when trying any of the above or at start up. I took it apart earlier and there's nothing disconnected and no damaged wires that I can see. Ive also tried taking out my battery and turning on with just power supply because someone told me to try that, nothing. Please help!

how old is it, when did this start, is there a cd/dvd in the tray? remove all usb stuff that plugged in..try unplugging and removing the battery and holding the power button for 10 seconds, then plug it in and put the battery back in and try it..

if the 0 (zero) key works you will lose all data!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-satellite-541847.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I XP input programs Select on freeze keyboard am having a problem where I will boot Select XP programs freeze on keyboard input up my custom windows xp pro x computer using any keyboard including a keyboard mouse combo when i boot up i will enter my username and pass then i will go and open a program in the ms office sweet an installer that requieres a serial number or any other third party program that requires keyboard input upon receiving this keyboard input the program not the computer will freeze and become unresponsive the mouse however will still be responsive i know my computer is capable of handeling keyboard input with a qx and gb of ram i would like to know what is going wrong and how to fixit i have no clue what is causing this problem all drivers are installed and everything i just know im going to go insane seeing this call of duty sitting on my desk and not being able to install it on my comuter HELP i just tried this again when i had the on-screen keyboard up and it typed but i am still looking for a permanit fix

A:Select XP programs freeze on keyboard input

hello

now this may not be the solution but give this a try

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to slipstream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /purgecache) then enter / your pc will work like crazy / this helps in rebuiding the cache file (notice the space between (sfc & /)
#5 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & / )

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot
---------------------------------------
also
---------------------------------------
now this is the process

a (sfc) is a windows scanner that is directed at the core system files & dll's

it scans only these files & dll's to see if they have been corrupted or replaced by (maleware/spyware/trojans/ viruses/ ect..that are designed to mask themselves as part of the operating system and cause havic or send information/data to it maker /originator

now i do know that during this process that these 2 patches/hotfix's will be knocked out

KB902400 & KB914440

to wich can be easily reinstalled by downloading them from the download center at microsoft / since microsoft is always creating patches & fix's for the software to solve issues they placemant & page that they are on will change / when downloading them you can save them for fucture use and reinstalling / just make a file and put them into it / one will ask to have the system rebooted ( yes ) the other simply is installed

i use (Belarc Advisor)to wich will show you all your installed patchs & fix's and if they are intack & will give you a direct link to microsft to either give you info on the patch/fix or a link to reinstall the patch/fix

you can download it here

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Belarc_Advisor_d1385.html

now with the removal of infections i find it to be best to do a (sfc) for from the process of removal some files/ dlls can be damage and need to be replaced

now also when you remove infections it can also cause added programs to act weirdly or to stop fuctioning all together to wich they may need to be repaired or reinstalled

if it does not get back with us

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/select-xp-programs-freeze-on-keyboard-input-232170.html
Relevancy 50.74%

There are numerous SCREEN CAPTURING programs that will let you take a copy of an active window, a defined rectangular area, or even your desktop.... but I was wondering, are there any programs that will let you select and capture by FREEHAND a part of the screen? You know, the way you can do this with most photo editing programs.

Thanks in advance

DAVID

Relevancy 50.74%

Is it possible to restrict access to a USB drive to only a specific program?

I would like to use my USB drive as backup in case of a virus/trojan/whatever that tries to delete all files on all disks or tries to format disks or whatever.

I run as an administrator account when I use my computer, with UAC enabled. Windows 8.1

I would like to say allow only Explorer and Second Copy (my backup program) to access this USB drive.

How can I do that?

A:Restrict access to USB drive to only select programs

Hey sir,

I do not think it possible, at least not without some 3rd party program that I have never heard of. However, if you are looking for better security so that what you describe is much less possible for an infected computer to do... use a standard account. Set your Admin account to the side, memorize the password for it, and whenever you get a UAC prompt, you can just enter in the details. It should be rare, since it mainly only prompts for large setting changes or program installations, etc. That is how I run my own computers, and it works perfectly. Never even have to log into the Admin account. Hope this helps some!

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/58170-restrict-access-usb-drive-only-select-programs.html
Relevancy 50.74%

kindly if anybody can help me sort out this problem for me.i have toshiba satellite A70 and now have got tired of searching for the drivers on the web as i have lost my drivers cd. kindly help me out. i am from pakistan and toshiba does not have any support and services here. regards

A:toshiba satellite A70 drivers

go to this page, click downloads, input your laptop model as read from the tag on the bottom of the laptop, and it will take you to the drivers download page for it.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...bProfile.jsp&next_page_anchor=supportUpdates#

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-a70-drivers.812649/
Relevancy 50.74%

Have a toshiba satellite A30 that died. Standard XP home install fails due to driver issues, and the 'correct' toshiba drivers don't work. Hardware appears OK.

Does anyone have:

a) Suggestions
b) A rescue disk

Thanks heaps

Tim

A:toshiba satellite a30 rescue

What is the exact model? It should be more than just A30. If this is a hardware issue, you have to contact Toshiba support.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-satellite-a30-rescue-21306.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all This is my first post and may I say that I have enjoyed reading the other posts and replies My problem is this I have a Toshiba Satellite A laptop that is still under warrenty until January For the last week or so the fan has been making noise like the blades are hitting against something I realize that this indicates that the fan is going out I called Toshiba and they said I could send it in to them and they would replace it Toshiba fan problem A10 Satellite Or I could take it to an authorized Toshiba repair center Herein lies the problem There are no authorized repair centers Toshiba Satellite A10 fan problem within a mile radius of me per the Toshiba representative and I am not comfortable sending my laptop in as it has sensitive information concerning my job on it I asked if he could Toshiba Satellite A10 fan problem just send me a new fan and I would replace it and you can guess what his response to that Toshiba Satellite A10 fan problem was He said it would void my warrenty I told him I didn t care if he would just send the fan No dice I have searched everywhere I can think of for a Toshiba fan and I cannot locate one These are the numbers off of the current fan A MCFTS M GDM If anyone has any idea where I can get this part I would appreciate it if you would let me know Yes I realize that this will void my warrenty and like I told Toshiba I don t care I have too much information on this laptop to lose it because of a heat problem Thank you in advance for any replies Kay nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

My Toshiba A105 Satellite drag and drop feature of the mouse pad does not work correctly. If you double tap, you're able to drag, but it is extremely slow. Using the button + the pad does not work at all. I initially had it repaired by Geek Squad, but weeks later it returned to inop state.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-mouse-pad.1134110/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi guys,
is there anyone who dealt with such a lcd display problem? my laptop's display is purely correct but when windows is opened i see many horizantal lines. the problem is at lcd display or connecting cables?
thanks a lot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-p35-lcd-problem.576825/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have been through a lot of trouble in past few days regarding my Laptop so 660 Toshiba Drivers Satellite finally I cleaned the hdd and did a clean install of win now I am having drivers problem The vga driver shows installed but I am unable to resize the screen x is pre selected Toshiba 660 Satellite Drivers while when I select x it makes it too small I only have these options I remember I had intel hd graphic utility earlier I am not seeing the wifi option I downloaded the wifi driver from toshiba website it installed it shows in add or remove programs but I do not have the wifi option yet so I install downloaded and installed the lan driver to use the internet Some drivers are not in the list in toshiba website like pci communication controller network controller etc There was a scrolling and zoom in out function in my touch pad which is Toshiba 660 Satellite Drivers gone now SO PLEASE TELL ME HOW DO I GET ALL THESE DRIVERS AND UTILITIES I found a post in this forum about a software driver max I downloaded it and shows drivers out dates or missing I am downloading the VGA update now but it asks for paid version if I want to download more at once it also takes a minute wait to start the download before every driver download also its too slow PLEASE RECOMMEND ME WHAT TO DO AND HOW CAN I EASILY FIND AND UPDATE ALL THE DRIVERS THANKS

A:Toshiba 660 Satellite Drivers

Hi there .. Download the Chipset Driver from the Link below ... As for your Network Adapter go to the Device Manager select it .. Then Property's Details and Post back the ID ..

Download Windows 7 drivers:

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/332403-toshiba-660-satellite-drivers.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My Laptops display turns off at random times after startup But the backlight stays on. I've noticed that it gets really hot where the graphics card is placed and that none of the fans run after startup. But when I turn it off and on the fans run But stop again.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey im just trying to find out why my labtop keeps on turning of on me randomly. when it shuts down it resests itself and comes to the "you havnt shut down your computer corectly" screen. if i go on safe modes then i doesnt turn off, but i cant use all my stuff. i have recenly bout a cooler pad and some compressed air to blow it out but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? thank you

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps turning off?

Hi and welcome to TSG have you tried removing and reseating the ram ? have you tried reinstalling the drivers from the toshiba support site for your model ? have you run your antivirus and malware scanners ie malwarbytes or superantispyware both have free versions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-keeps-turning-off.1011151/
Relevancy 50.74%

i recently reinstalled windows xp pro on my Toshiba Satellite m45-s355, but now i have no sound. Do i need a new driver and where do i get it because it's been hard getting proper drivers for the laptop.

if you can help that would be great and thank you for your time.

A:no sound toshiba satellite

fixed it but thank you anyway.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283786/no-sound-toshiba-satellite/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I would like to install XP on a new 7 computer on a partition. I've created a partition, labeled it F: (F Disk), and tried to boot from my XP installation CD. After a few minutes of configuring, it says there was an error, etc. Run chkdsk /F and a bit more, but it looks like unimportant information.

It's a new computer, so I don't think there's a problem with the disk, but what else could be doing this?

Or is there something physically different in a hard disk that runs 7 versus one that runs XP and XP can't install on it?

Thanks.

A:XP on Partition: Toshiba Satellite

Hello Dabrowski, welcome to Seven Forums!

Just so you'll know you'll have to have either a Windows 7 install disk or a repair disk to get Windows 7 booting again if you install XP second after W 7 is installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/96626-xp-partition-toshiba-satellite.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have 2 laptops, and trying to decide what one to keep. Can you all help me please?

HP G4-2029wm

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g4-Notebook-PC-series/5226238/model/5273851/drivers

Toshiba Satellite L775-S7248

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3098317

A:Toshiba Satellite Vs Hp Pavillion G4

Tough choice. I've had Toshibas and been very pleased with them. I have an HP now and it is working fine. I also have an ASUS which is also very good. Guess it really comes down to what features you want the most.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/toshiba-satellite-vs-hp-pavillion-g4.306403/
Relevancy 50.74%

My Toshiba Satellite M45 laptop recently would not let me sign into Windows XP.

I now have a blue screen that I have included an image of in an attachment.

I would appreciate any input as to whether my laptop is now "history" and/or is it still possible to retrieve my data from the hard drive?

Thank you in advance!
Don

A:Using Windows XP on Toshiba Satellite M45

Hello Don

First try to fix the problem
Start/Run and type in
cmd
OK

At the prompt type
chkdsk /r (there is a space before /)
Enter

Reboot and chkdsk should run

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/using-windows-xp-on-toshiba-satellite-m45-453504.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I connected a USB flash memory stick to one of the USB ports on my Toshiba Satelite and peculiar things began to happen. First... nothing. Then after a long wait the Windows "Unrecognized Device" message popped up. "Fine," I say to myself, "I'll connect it to another computer." When I reached down to pull it out I got a nasty burn. I've confirmed that the USB stick is "Fried," literally this time. Can anyone explain why this happened?

Or maybe some practical use ideas for my spontaneous combustion USB ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-usb-fried.645090/
Relevancy 50.74%

All..

I am trying to help out a friend in upgrading his memory on a Toshiba Satellite 2545csd. Unfortunantly he does not have the owners manual and we are unable to determine where the chip goes. I am hesitant in just starting to dismantle the unit to try to find where it goes. Any help would be appriciated.
PE

PS... the toshiba web site was no help at all.....

A:Toshiba Satellite upgrade

A lot of toshiba's and other laptops have an easy access to the RAM slots. This is usually on the bottom of the laptop which has one or two screws to hold in a small plastic cover. The slot will only fit a stick of RAM, nothing else. If not on the bottom it may be under the keyboard which would have to be removed, and if not there then the laptop may need to be disasembled for the upgrade. I might try suggesting trying to find a manual on the internet to assist in this.

If you have yet to order the RAM I strongly recommend using a site such as www.crucial.com where you can put in the make/model and get the correct RAM as this is very important in a laptop. The laptop will most likely take a 144pin SO-DIMM but make sure to get the right one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-upgrade.154301/
Relevancy 50.74%

Okay well heres the story I wanted to watch some movies on my laptop I clicked on quot My Computer quot then the disc When the disc folder opened up I tried to click not Toshiba Satellite boot A50 will on my movie The icon got highlighted but the window wasn t responding after that It was really fustrating happened alot So I thought it had something to do with the internal like some dust somewhere So I flipped my laptop over and Toshiba Satellite A50 will not boot took it apart kinda You see the lap top has like layers and I only took apart the first layer Which contained the CPU Heatsink and battery and some other stuff but I don t know what they are The hard drive and optical drives wern t on this layer Anyways I got to the heatsink which was attached to the CPU I cleaned out some dust from the heatsink then I took it off It was connected to the CPU with this greasy blue Toshiba Satellite A50 will not boot stuff At the time I didn t know it was the CPU so I took it off It was connected by Toshiba Satellite A50 will not boot thousands of little pins Then I put it all back together and found that when I pressed the power button the computer didn t turn on The lights down the bottom were fine such as the power plug light the battery light So I took apart the laptop again I took the CPU out and put it back in then the laptop booted up and made some sound like vrrmmmm vrmmmm Then the sound died out there was nothing on the screen whilst this was happening I put everything back again but now only one light was on and that was the power plug light and it was flashing So now I don t know what to do i ve tried taking the CPU out and putting in again with no success Please help You can see a pic of my laptop if you search on google nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a50-will-not-boot.148113/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently brought a Toshiba Satellite 100CS laptop as it was going very cheap, i made the mistake of taking it apart and then when i have put it back together there are 2 pieces which have been left out and i don't know where they belong, it beeps every 2 seconds after start up and the lights do not come on to indicate it is on, its is plugged in, it is accessing hard drive etc. If anyone has a manual for this laptop who could help me by scanning some page or something and sending them to my email i would be grateful, thanks.

A:Toshiba Satellite 100CS

Constant beeping, I believe, usually means there's something wrong with the memory (ram). Take out the ram and reinstall them.

100CS User Guide

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-100cs.254523/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Toshiba Satellite 5005-S504 laptop that refuses to burn data of any type to a CD-R. I have tried almost everything from Roxio, Nero and Windows writer with no success.. Anyone have any ideas what gives??? The original hardware is still installed (Matshita(Panasonic)) and plays DVD and music as well as reading data just fine... hmmmm... Thanks... -Greg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-on-toshiba-satellite.258563/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello my friend got giving a laptop it was running slow and I think it might of had a virus so I downloaded DBAN and used it to wipe the laptop and reinstalled a new copy on windows 7 64bit

Now I have downloaded and installed the drivers from Toshiba Website but it still wont let me connect to the internet even with an ethernet cable

Can someone help me out here please on what I am doing wrong, Thanks in advance for any help
Computer: toshiba satellite c660 - 1gr

A:Toshiba Satellite c660 - 1gr

Hi can you post a screen shot of device manager with the network group expanded

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/360395-toshiba-satellite-c660-1gr.html