Windows Support Forum

Canon Pixma MP750 scanner problem

Q: Canon Pixma MP750 scanner problem

I have owned a Canon Pixma Mp750 Muli-functional printer for several years and it has always worked perfectly on my Windows XP PC.

I have purchased a new Windows 7 PC and updated the printer and scanner drivers from the Canon download website. The printer works great, but the scanner won't scan.

I've tried using the MP Navigator, Scangear and the Windows Scan & Fax facility but the process only gets as far as the calibration stage and stops. I eventually get an error code 2,178,0. I have tried to resolve it by changing the USB port, uninstalling the drivers and re-installing them, but the scanner still won't scan.

Any ideas, guys? The Canon support team appear to think it is a Windows error, but I'm not so sure. The drivers all seem to be installed correctly.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Canon Pixma MP750 scanner problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Canon Pixma MP750 scanner problem

I have canon pixma e500. using windows xp 64 bit. the scanner and copy functions are fine but no print. if I connect it with windows 7, everything works super fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/canon-pixma-mp750-scanner-problem.183104/
Relevancy 86.18%

I am very happy with my Canon Pixma MP750.
Actually I threw out a well functioning HP printer and have saved money. Based on a calculation that it is cheaper for me with the ink solution from Canon.

But now I get a printer error code on the PC ;" Service error 5700 " and on the printer it self it says error##356 and I also get a strange stacato sound when pressing "OK" . I haven't been able to find any explanation to the error code.

Please help me if you have an explanation or have an idea what ##356 mean.

With kind Regards Keld Winther

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp750-with-error-code-356.900311/
Relevancy 84.32%

I get a Service error 5700 when I try to print with my MP750 Canon Pixma printer. The display shows the following 2 messages flashing on and off:

100% LTR Normal
Plain 01
and
Check Printer
Press OK

Clicking Stop/Reset does not help. Plus the red paper light keeps flashing.
I have plenty of paper in the cassette ( and it is set for cassette). I tried to do a sample page, but the same error message came up. The indicator says the printer is online. I have also rebooted the computer, but the same error persists.

I have had no trouble at all for a couple of years, and this just happened suddenly. Can someone help with this? Should I reinstall the printer, or maybe the drivers? HELP!!

A:Canon Pixma MP750 printer - Service error 5700

Have you tried any of the suggestions from the Canon site: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...ortDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=238&modelid=10443
I can't link to the result but type: ERROR LCD: CHECK PRINTER
And the first 2 results offer some suggestions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp750-printer-service-error-5700.781289/
Relevancy 95.46%

Had this great printer for 3 or 4 yrs without any problems but now I have a 'WRONG CARTRIDGE' message. Authentic CANON cartridges in as always. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Canon MP750 problem

I had a similar issue about a year ago. Try taking out the ink cartridge and inserting it again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-mp750-problem.859340/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have a printer Canon PIXMA MP150. Before i was using Windows ME and it was working then I changed my PC which had windows 7. Since buying my New PC my scanner (which comes with the printer) is not working.

Could you please advise how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
Jim

Relevancy 83.42%

I have a Canon MP750 inkjet printer. Whilst it prints and scans without problem it seems to use ink cartridges at an excessive rate. I have tried both Canon and others but none reduce the ink consumption. Before I consign it to the rubbish bin because it just costs too much to run, does anyone have any suggestions as to possible causes.

Relevancy 82.56%

My Canon MP750 has given the fault Code ##356 and will not fed paper from the rear paper 'hopper'
It will continue to fed paper from the bottom cassette when selected.
Does anyone have any advise on rectification of this fault?

Many thanks for any assistance.

A:Canon MP750 Fault Code ##356

i did a little searching and found this forum that people talked about this problem and ways they fixed it or tried to fix it. some i would try before others but it worth trying to get it working again.
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/40962

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-mp750-fault-code-356.927521/
Relevancy 80.41%

I recently bought this Canon product and it worked very well for about - months but when we came back from vacation the black color faded and and gradualy disappeared I took the cartridges and the print head to the guys that refilled my cartridges no problem here only second refill no leaks or dryed ink problems and they told me that the Canon MP520 Pixma Problem printer head was clogged and that the pump that was responsible for the cleanining and deep cleaning funtions was not powerfull enough to unclog the head They unclogged the print head Canon Pixma MP520 Problem and it worked fine for the next - pages By the t page black vanished again I took the printer head back to the guys and they told me that it doesent have a problem So one out of two It s indeed clogged and i need to know what i can do to unclog it The printer head is uncloged and i don t have a clue what i m supposed to do now except posting on forums Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Canon Pixma MP520 Problem

The print heads on the 520 are odd ones, if not unique for this type of machine from Canon - most of the other #8 based machines have the Black #8 in them as well - the MP520 doesn't, and uses that large #5, which is meant for text printing as its black - this is not the normal photo ink, which the #8s have in them, and is a bit thicker than the other colors (including the #8 Black). This means that it will clog a bit more often, including deeper clots between the actual head and the cartridge. What the refillers are using are flow sensors, which only detect if the ink is moving through the assembly, not if they are impeeded, and do so with a bit more pressure than what the printer normally generates.

What does all this mean? Well, here's what I would do...

1 - Using 409 or Fantastik (NO WINDEX) and a Q-Tip, I would clean all electrical contacts between the print head assembly and the printer (all those spots on the face of the print head, and all the little wire contacts inside the machine) to make sure no ink overspray is causing faulty print quality.

2 - Ye Old Desert Dish Trick - Take a desert dish and put a layer of 409 or Fantastik on it, and lay the PRINT HEADS into it (DO NOT SUBMERGE THE ASSEMBLY INTO THE 409 or FANTASTIK - only the print heads on the bottom) While it sits, make sure you keep the ink cartridges sitting in their respective slots, as you don't want the top of the print heads drying either. Come back an hour or so later and scrub the heads with a Q-Tip and the cleaner. Wet the contacts with the Q-Tip and reinstall into the printer WET. Insert the cartridges and run the printer through a head cleaning.

3 - If this doesn't help it out... it's time to consider contacting Canon for new heads, since these old ones are not working. Unfortunately, since you used a refill service, any warranty was voided, so Canon would charge you for the heads.

A-N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp520-problem.739745/
Relevancy 80.41%

My Canon Pixma MP series printer is not working When I turn it on it makes a problem... Pixma MP150 Canon shuddering noise and then flashes the codes E on the display It makes the same sound then when I turn it off Writing to Canon they thought it was Canon Pixma MP150 problem... a paper jam which is more or less impossible as there Canon Pixma MP150 problem... is no paper in the machine Canon Pixma MP150 problem... Then they advised to disconnect the printer from the power supply to reset it This hasn t worked Their final suggestion is that there is a hardware fault However as there is only one service centre in the UK by the time I can get it fixed even though it is under warranty it would certainly cost quite a bit in postage I ve been advised by others to try cleaning the chrome bar which I have done now and to try and force a bit of thick paper through to clear out any remnants which may be in there I m not sure how I would accomplish this as there is no form feed button and it has never been easy to make it grab the paper anyway I ve since been made aware that these phantom paper jams seem to be a common problem with Canon Pixmas I heard someone could fix them by removing and replacing the paper tray which would be easier if I had a front-loading machine Any advice which will save me buying another printer would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

I just installed new color and black and white ink cartridges and now all of my emails and internet print jobs are printing in a light blue - documents in Word print fine in black and white. The nozzle check printout only showed light blue and black. Does this mean that my ink cartridges are faulty? It was working fine prior to replacing both cartridges. Thanks.

A:Canon Pixma MX330 Problem

If you perform a test print, you should get a quality check of each color (ie: red/yellow/blue and black or magenta/yellow/cyan and black). If you aren't getting a proper test print, the ink is low/empty or the print head is clogged). There should be cleaning and deep cleaning options in the printer options. You can attempt cleaning until the test print is correct.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mx330-problem.1128719/
Relevancy 80.41%

When i print a black and white mostly with small amount of color in the text only the color comes out with no b&w. I can copy a document with no problem so i know it is not an ink or nozzle fault. Any solutions please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp480-problem.968388/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi,
I've been having a problem with my Canon printer (I feel like throwing it against the wall!). It has new ink cartridges in it, however, it doesn't seem to be printing correctly. It misses out lines of text/only prints the top half of a line of text/prints very faint etc etc. I have cleaned/deep cleaned it numerous times (!) using the maintenance tools and printed off the nozzle test pages only to see that it still has this problem. This isn't the first time that I've experienced this issue - I had to send it away for repair (whilst it was still under warranty thankfully!). Anyway, if anyone has any tips on how to improve my printing then I would be most grateful. If not, any recommendations on a new printer would suffice hehe.
Thanks for your time!

Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Canon Pixma ip4300. I replaced the 5 PGBK (the large non-photo black) cartridge and I went to print. A piece of paper got jammed, so I pulled that out and since then, that brand new cartridge will not work, meaning that the other cartridges print fine, but if I print in greyscale, nothing appears on the page. I've tried running the cleaning utilities and I just replaced the cartridge again, but it's still not working. Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cartridge-problem-with-a-canon-pixma-1p4300.982909/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi

My Canon MP220 worked perfectly well until my computer totally crashed some months ago. The computer was completely reinstalled to the original settings.

Since then the printer & copier work on the MP220 but the scanner does not. I have reinstalled drivers OK. However, I do not have the original disk which installed the program that I used to scan.Any ideas please.

Thanks

A:Solved: Canon pixma mp220 problem

Drivers and Software available here
http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010486.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-canon-pixma-mp220-problem.941991/
Relevancy 79.55%

As the subject suggests I have a problem with the Canon MP printer Well not actually the printer itself but the built-in card reader For a while I have had a long pause during startup also a quot USB mass storage device quot lost it s driver I thought it may be due to crap on the computer so I formatted and problem Canon Pixma MP130 Printer reloaded Windows XP but alas to no avail I then searched google and found the microsoft article quot Long Pause During Windows Startup Process quot So I thought can t do much Then I found in the hardware profile the entry under the failed usb Canon Pixma MP130 Printer problem device quot USB a quot this turned up results in google to some printer components I tried changing USB ports on the computer but no good I then disconnected the USB Printer from the computer and quot voila quot the computer started fine and no quot USB Mass storage device quot error I do not use the printers card reader so is there anyway to disable the reader nbsp

A:Canon Pixma MP130 Printer problem

It sounds as if the boot sequence in bios has "boot from usb " before the hard drive and is trying to boot from the card reader
Go into bios and change the boot order to hard drive first, remember to save the settings when you exit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp130-printer-problem.637867/
Relevancy 79.55%

We bought this printer, a Canon Pixma ip6000D, about 3 years ago, used it maybe five times, and then one day it stopped working. Here's what it does now:

Sometimes when I plug it in the green power light will come on and the computer will recognize it and install the driver...but it doesn't power on or responded to any commands.

Sometimes when I plug it in the power light alternates repeatedly between green and orange and still doesnt power on.

Other times nothing at all happens when I plug it in.

Also, very rarely, the LCD powers on in addition to the power light turning on...but it shortly dies after this. When it does this I still hear nothing going on inside the printer.

Any ideas? Or is it busted/in need of repair?

Thanks a bunch.

P.S. I am willing to open it up if need be.

A:Canon Pixma IP6000D Printer Problem

zack: If your PC recognizes the printer and installs drivers, that's wrong.
Try this, first, find the START HERE Instructions that came with your Printer. Then find the CD that came with it. Follow the instructions exactly. You don't want Windows drivers.
In Control Panel ADD/Remove, uninstall any software and drivers for the Canon Printer. Also remove the printer from Printers and Faxes.
When you have all Canon stuff removed, use the START HERE sheet and install everything back.
If there is no mechanical problem with your printer, you should be good to go.
If you have a mechinical problem, you're on your own because if it were mine, I'd junk it and buy another.
I have had just a little luck repairing printers at the shop, but for the most part, they are cheaper to replace.
Since you have used it only 5-6 times in 3 years, get a cheap one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-ip6000d-printer-problem.709681/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am using Canon brand cartridges because I don't want to void the warranty so I am NOT playing the chip game (yet). I am getting the message that I have two Magenta cartridges in the printer (I do NOT have two Magenta cartridges in there). This message just started appearing and the light blinks fast on the cartridge. I try taking it out and putting it back in. Also have tried shutting the printer completely off for a minute and turning it back on. Sometimes the message says that it can't recognize the magenta cartridge but then it again tells me that there are two magenta cartridges. I've tried printing in just greyscale but it still won't print. I'm getting quite frustrated with this printer after having it less than 5 months.

Can someone please help me????

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I have Pixma MP780 cartridge display Canon problem ink a Canon Pixma MP all-in-one Canon Pixma MP780 ink cartridge display problem printer in my office at work It is great - prints nicely and quickly There is just one problem the LCD display for the ink cartridges levels of ink is usually not accurate Right now the Canon Pixma MP780 ink cartridge display problem display is showing that the Magenta and Cyan cartridges are full although they should be almost empty For the black BCI- cartridge the display has been showing nearly empty for quite some Canon Pixma MP780 ink cartridge display problem time when in fact I have replaced that cartridge with new ones several times I ve mentioned this to people in the store where I buy the ink cartridges and they say they haven t heard of this before have only suggested that I return the cartridges for a replacement Unfortunately it doesn t seem to matter if I keep replacing the cartridges even though they are full - it seems not to be a cartridge issue My office computer is an HP Pavillon a y running Windows Home Vista not my choice I can t recall if I had experienced this problem when the printer was connected to my previous work pc which was running Windows Me I did do a Vista driver update for the printer several months ago Can anyone help please Thanks very much nbsp

A:Canon Pixma MP780 ink cartridge display problem

If the LCD display is wrong and it is on the printer itself then it is nothing to do with Vista. I do however have no idea of a way to solve this problem, can you perform a reset of the printer, i think it involves holding several buttons on the printer but i can not remeber which.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp780-ink-cartridge-display-problem.643360/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a Canon Pixma printer on an XP sytem that worked well Because the original cartridges cost so much I ve purchased a Premium Inkjet Refill kit from Uni-kit and the first time refilled the ink cartridges everything worked fine However I just refilled two cartridges and used the chip resetter which did flash and this time the printer is not recognizing the refilled cartridges I get flashes on the orange light on the computer which signifies that there is an inktank problem However it s the same inktank that was working before I filled it Each of the two new tanks flash red on the tank lights in one second interval When I close the cover and then let the print head go back into viewing position those lamps are then out suggesting that the ink tank is out of ink It s filled Futher now when going to the properties tab on the printer and going to maintenance all the inktanks are canon pixma printer problem 4300 inktank not showing any ink whatsover Before filling these two tanks some were close to full and all the non-filled tanks were showing up Now Canon suggests that you don t take out more than one inktank at a time I took out two when canon pixma 4300 printer inktank problem I was filling them I don t know if this has any bearing on the problem and if something other than the chip on the inktank has to be reset The other thing is that the Canon User manual says you can shut off the ink counter by pressing the resume cancel button for seconds nowhere in the manual is this button listed which I find surprising However that would stop the printer from determining ink levels in the inktank and there was no instructions on how to get the the printer to recognize ink levels again to determine when the tank has to be refilled or replaced I was also wondering if the chip resetter is run by battery because there is a flash when the inktank chip is reset and if that battery runs low causing the resetting not to work In my case there is a flash At this point I m stymied and assume if I buy either remanufactured or original cartridges I can get the printer running again but I would rather use the refill kits to save a bundle as they worked the first time nbsp

A:canon pixma 4300 printer inktank problem

The Canon user manual also advises you to use genuine Canon ink cartridges, not copies or refill-kits.
You can't pick and choose which parts of the manual to follow and which to ignore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-4300-printer-inktank-problem.1012381/
Relevancy 78.69%

I keep getting a "out of paper" error when I try to use the printer. It tells me to load paper into the tray and press the reset button. There is plenty of paper in the tray. I have looked at the paper tray holder while requesting it to print and it looks like the paper is never lifted up to meet the roller, almost like nothing happens. I would try to clean the rubber wheel for the paper pick up but it looks like it never moves nor does the paper ever move to meet the roller. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong and a possible fix?

A:Paper feed problem Canon PIXMA MP780

Found solution on CANON Web Site on how to clean the rollers. Has automatic cycle for this. I will know better next time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/paper-feed-problem-canon-pixma-mp780.960919/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have the tray for my Pixma ip4900, and have the image loaded, and accepted for printing, but, no matter what I do, I get "tray not inserted properly or printable disc not loaded on tray." I align the arrows on the tray, printable disc side facing up, with the small gray arrows, and press PRINT. The printer whirrs, pulls in the disc, pauses, then sends it out again, with the error message. I've been at it for two days, even trying different programs (including Canon's own ImageGarden) on the chance that it might be a program confusion, but still can't print a disc. Can anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-printing-dvd-label-with-canon-pixma-ip4900.1160774/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi, I'm needing some help with installing a new printer...I have a Canon Pixma MP 280 and can't seem to get the software and drivers installed....I'm getting "Processing cannot be continued because the Print Spooler service has been stopped". I have no idea what that even means let alone how to start looking for a fix! Any advice please???

A:Solved: Installing Canon Pixma MP280 Problem

In case anyone else wants it...I just had to download and install the latest driver from Canon and then plug the printer in and it all worked. I had the printer plugged in and switched on when I was installing the driver first time round and for some reason, that was stopping the Print Spooler Service running...whatever that means Sorry if I wasted time on this one...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-canon-pixma-mp280-problem.974754/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all, I have a problem with a Canon 6700 photo printer. When I turn it on and get ready to print, I often get the the error message while printing that the output door is closed, even though it is open. I can play with the door and the message will go away and the picture continues to print for a couple seconds, but goes into the error again. I feel it is a switch problem that is borderline. I have found by lifting the door slightly, the problem goes away. Seems weird to LIFT the door to help it, but thats the deal. Does anyone know where the switch is located and what type of switch it is? I do service work for a living and I am willing to fix this myself if possible, but not having a manual on this unit makes it a little more difficult. Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-6700-output-door-problem.655044/
Relevancy 78.69%

My Canon Pixma iP4000 prints fine from all applications except Outlook 2003. In Outlook, I set the paper source to casette but when I try to save this it won't save and reverts to sheet feet. Does anyone know how to get Outlook to save my paper source option? I am running Windows XP Pro SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-paper-source-problem-in-outlook.876337/
Relevancy 77.83%

I changed my black ink and since doing so have only very partial printing every third line. I have cleaned and deep cleaned several times and also printed full pages 8 times but the problem still persists. There is no problem with colour. I only use canon inks and have replaced the new ink but the problem persists and has not improved. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-ip3000-printer-blabk-printing-problem.1019288/
Relevancy 77.83%

I Have Tried 3 Different Multifunction Printers And Cant Seem To Get Any Of The To Install When Usb Is Plugged In To Printer Upload Seems To Fail I Have Disable The Start Up, Virus Firewall Etc . To No Avail Will It Let Me Load I Have Also Went An Bought New Cable Tried All 4 Usb Ports In Back
Nothing Helps

Im Getting Desperate Now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-canon-pixma-mx310-driver-upload-problem-usb.640269/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Canon i printer which I have immensely enjoyed using these past four years For one thing I Canon MP600 Pixma vs. All-in-One Canon printer i850 ve never had even one paper-jam during that time My understanding always has been that it is best to have separate components so that s why I ve always owned a dedicated printer However it appears that the present-day trend is more toward all-in-one units Actually I m in the market only for a printer but if the Canon MP all-in-one is technologically advanced far beyond my i then I would strongly considering buying one The MP has a scanner which I don t need although it would provide me with a back-up and it has several modern features of convenience which my i doesn t have What I would especially like to know is whether or not the MP produces appreciably better results with both text and Canon i850 printer vs. Canon Pixma MP600 All-in-One photos than my i Also would it be faster and cheaper in the long run than the MP While quality of results is more important than anything else speed economy and convenience also enter into the equation I was also considering the Canon PIXMA iP D photo printer but from what I ve read so far it appears that the MP all-in-one is more highly-regarded I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has an opinon on this matter Thank you very much nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

OK.
Hello guys.

I'm having trouble with one very annoying thing I have stumbled upon recently.

I have a canon pixma ip1300 color inkjet printer and I wanted to print only in black and white. I went in the printer preferences and selected to use only the black cartridge for my printing but now every time i print something I get with the following message which I have to click on the "OK" in order to get the printing started.
That is justo so annoying. I print a lot and every time I have to clik .. OK, OK, OK ,pfff

How can I turn off that warning ?

Any ideas ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-a-printer-canon-pixma-ip1300-and-printing-only-in-black-and-white.798413/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Cannon PIXMA MP760 printer/scanner, the Windows Fax & Scan does not recognise this as a scanner
There is no help or support from the application
Is this a driver problem, if so how and where can you get the correct drivers to fix
Can anyone help

A:Cannon PIXMA MP760 printer/scanner not recognised as a scanner

If there is no Windows 8 driver, try with the one for Windows 7 http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp760#DriversAndSoftware

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aedaa018-1717-49d6-bd21-6f140a5edc17/cannon-pixma-mp760-printerscanner-not-recognised-as-a-scanner?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 70.95%

My printer was not printing at all I have changed all cartridges and the printer still does not print The RESUME CANCEL button is flashing orange continuously and when I attempt to print anything "Operator IP4200 message - Problem Canon Pixma Error" I get the following error message quot Operator Error Press the printer s RESUME button If this doesn t clear the error cancel printing and turn the printer off and then on again quot I followed these instructions multiple times with no success From the printer s Maintenance I tried the following i Deep Cleaning - Black PGBK resulted with the same error as above ii Deep Cleaning - All colours same result as above iii Cleaning - same Canon Pixma IP4200 Problem - "Operator Error" message result as above iv Print Head Alignment - same result as above v Nozzle Check - same resuilt as above Turned the printer off and on again flashing orange light Shutdown the computer and restarted it with no improvement Lastly noted how many orange flashes - five So I consulted the Service Manual Section - Operator Call Errors by Alarm LED Blinking in Orange times Solution suggested Install the print head properly All the Ink Cartridges show solid red light installed correctly Can anyone please offer a suggestion as Canon Pixma IP4200 Problem - "Operator Error" message how to correct this problem thank you nbsp

A:Canon Pixma IP4200 Problem - "Operator Error" message

have a read here
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/posts/27843
see if that helps at all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-ip4200-problem-operator-error-message.1171547/
Relevancy 69.66%

I updated my driver for this printer in order to use it with a new VISTA computer. In doing this, my XP laptop, can no longer use this printer. Is there a simple solution to this?

A:Canon pixma MP 780

Updating drivers usually doesn't affect the hardware itself. Its strange that it simply stopped working because you installed vista drivers on another computer. My Pixma was simply a plug-and-play from my vista desktop to my XP laptop.

Can you provide more detail? Does the computer detect the printer but it simply doesn't print? Or is the printer undetected completely? Maybe you could try uninstalling then installing new drivers for it.

Canon Australia - PIXMA MP780

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/177458-canon-pixma-mp-780-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am running Windows 7 in a virtual environment using Parallels on my iMac intel.  My Pixma printer shows up in the printers list in Windows but refuses to print.  The documents are neatly lined up in the queue but nothing happens.  I have looked for new drivers and can find none that I have not already installed.What to do?

A:Canon Pixma MP 470

Hi,

Canon has not released a Windows 7 driver for your printer.

You can try the latest driver for Windows XP or Windows Vista from here:

If the issue persists, I am afraid you have to wait for Canon to release a Windows 7 driver.

Tim Quan - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f01179c1-b86d-4ec8-9c13-03da41e018f2/canon-pixma-mp-470?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 69.66%

I use Canon Pixma printer with Windows 7. When I want to scan and e-mail the colours of my computer change radically. I cannot get a full picture reproduced either. Only part of it is reproduced. I had to do a system restore to get the computer to remove the ugly colours. This is the second time that it happened. Please help.

A:Canon Pixma

As regards not being able to reproduce a complete picture, try reducing the 'PPI' setting in your scanner software prior to scanning. Whilst 300 ppi is considered the optimum setting for photo scans which you intend to print, that's way too high for an email. Try scanning at 150 ppi or even 100 ppi if it's only for an email attachment.

The scanning time will then be much shorter and there will only be half as much data for the PC to cope with (compared to scanning at 300 ppi).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma.1075055/
Relevancy 69.66%

Canon PIXMA250 Series Multifunction Printer prints test every time.

A:Canon PIXMA 250

Prints the word "test"?

Prints every time you turn the printer on? Every time you try to print a document or photo? How does this event relate to Vista?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-250.1082066/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an error message E2 that stops me using my printer as i live in Thailand and the instructions are in Thai I can't overcome it. I have tried some of the sites that give the switching and resets for various thing such as Waste tank but to be honest I'm not sure what they are or what they mean, I have followed the instructions but nothing happens, it says that it is out of paper or jammed but I can't find one its clear. Please help I'm desperate to get some work done

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp-145.836505/
Relevancy 69.66%

My Canon Pixma IP4200 is flashing the light on the resume button 5 times. I hve tried resetting, switching off, restarting computer to no avail. What else can I do?

A:Canon Pixma

Press theResume button when the button is blinking. If that fails, unplug the USB cable and the power cable from the computer end. Wait a few seconds and plug the power cable in. Wait a minute and plug the USb cable in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/canon-pixma-674384.html
Relevancy 69.23%

This is an extremely basic question ...

I only turn my printer on when I need to use it, which is not too often. By chance, I happened to look at Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Disk Drives while it was connected, and I was quite astonished to see the following entry:

Canon MP600Storage USB Device

followed by all my regular HDs (3 in all).

Is this normal under VISTA? I ask as I have some problems with certain USB-attached devices, and am trying to isolate the problem.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/anyone-out-there-with-a-canon-pixma-mp600-293339.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello Friends,I.m facing a ‘printer problem’ My o/s is xp home sp3 and I have a Canon Pixma IJ 1600 printer connected which was working fine till date.All of a sudden , it has stopped detecting my color cartridge.Whwnever I start printing, I get the following error message:-

“The color cartridge can not be recognized.Install the appropriate cartridge”
I have uninstalled rhe cartridge several times,removed the printer and driver and then reinstalled it but to no avail.I do.nt know what to do?Please help.thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-canon-pixma-ij-1600.728082/
Relevancy 69.23%

mp navagator requires 800x600 or higher resolution and higher colour
(16 bit) or better mode

ps my bios was upgraded now my mp navagator doesnt work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp110.552137/
Relevancy 69.23%

I can print pictures that are on my Samsung laptop, using my Canon Pixma MP620 with a USB cable, but when I try to scan a picture and send it to my laptop, nothing happens. A window opens asking me what device I want to use and only shows my old Epson (which I no longer have) When I go into the control panel & click on hardware and printer, it shows my Canon MO620 and has a green checkmark by it so I'm pretty sure it's capable it just won't cooperate! Thanks for any information!

A:Using a Canon Pixma with Windows 8

Does Devices and Printer also list the MP620 listed as a scanner? My Canon MX490 Shows up 3 times as Printer, Fax, and Scanner. I yours does not show as both a printer and a scanner, you may need to reinstall the driver software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-canon-pixma-with-windows-8.1171455/
Relevancy 69.23%

Windows Xp

I have used my Canon MP500 for two years. It prints OK but it won't scan. About 18 months ago it completely disappeared from my computer. I tried to take the computer back to a date when it worked but it wouldn't allow me to do so. After reloading it twice it finally worked again. Now it has disappeared again. When I find Omnipage the message comes up "The parameter is incorrect"
Why does it suddenly disappear? I can't think I have done anything to make it do so.

Relevancy 69.23%

Guys i just bought All in one Canon PIXMA MP230 ! And i installed it as the manual guide says ! but after installing it , i cant use the scanner !! the printer and the copier are working fine ! But when i press scan document or use the IJ Scan Utility to try to scan a document i get this error .
I have uploaded the error in a picture so you can see it guys and help me !
Thank you so much.

A:Need help with Canon PIXMA MP230

You have the latest drivers and software?

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-canon-pixma-mp230.1083914/
Relevancy 69.23%

My Canon PIXMA MG6120 doesn't print the text in a document containing both text and photos. I think the driver may be incorrect, but am uncertain which driver to load from the Canon website. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit on an HP TouchSmart 600-1050. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mg6120.1082891/
Relevancy 69.23%

Bought a Canon MP on Wednesday Seems to print well but not happy with the results of walk up copy and also scan to computer print Original printing from the computer print alignment print nozzle checks etc are all OK It seems there is a problem with the scanning - copies come out significantly less Pixma Canon own 750? a Anyone MP Solved: colour intense at times with bits even missing from the copy Rang Canon for support and returned machine to store on Friday amp got a second one It seems to fare no better At this stage I will be ringing Canon again on Monday - but in the meantime I m interested to hear from anyone else with this machine Can anyone tell me what happens when you select the copy button and then quot colour quot Do you Solved: Anyone own a Canon Pixma MP 750? get the following message Colour copying or do you get Scanning followed by a request for the next page or Solved: Anyone own a Canon Pixma MP 750? to click OK to exit This then followed by Colour copying as above The reason I ask is that on the first machine we only ever got quot Solved: Anyone own a Canon Pixma MP 750? colour copying quot followed by the scan and the print out On the second machine the first two times we did a copy it gave us the scan message on the display first followed by the copy message However from the third copy on it has always only ever been quot colour copying quot If I use the software to scan into the computer I can set different scanning resolutions but when I print out I don t see any marked improvement The above was using the image quality quot normal quot I then also tried image quality quot fine - photo quot - even though it wasn t a photo just a document with some colour in it This was better but still by no means like the original This copier retails for My Hewlett Packard PSC retail does a much better job on the quot normal quot scan than the Canon does on the quot photo quot quality Again I am not complaining about print quality per se- it appears to be a problem with the scanner not reading properly The poor print is just the symptom of the underlying scan problem Yes I cleaned the glass yes I cleaned the nozzles amp I also tried a re-calibration - if anything that made it worse So can anyone shed any light on this for me - do you find the walk-up copy quality poor compared to the print quality nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Canon Pixma mp280 printer that I've used for a few years. Suddenly, when I go to print something from my computer, it doesn't even show my printer as a printer option. I can't find the hardware for my printer. It still scans and prints that way, just not from computer. Help.

A:Canon Pixma mp280

Uninstall the Canon software/drivers, reboot, and perform a fresh install following the Canon process.

You can use the install CD provided with the printer, or the better option would be to get the latest driver package from Canon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp280.1136225/
Relevancy 69.23%

Urgent help please.

This printer normally connected through USB to pc running Windows XP in room 1.
2nd wireless pc running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit in room 2.
Connected printer through USB on Win 7 pc and windows updated drivers ok and everything printing ok.
Then re-connected printer to XP pc ( in different room ) and set up printer and file sharing.
When adding printer wirelessly to Win 7 pc the windows update cannot find any drivers for this model and yet it does when running through a USB connection!
Can anyone tell me where on the Win 7 pc I can locate the drivers that were installed when printer was connected via USB or how to get around this problem? Drivers that can be downloaded from internet seem not to have an INF extension which Win 7 requires for installation.

May be being dense but can you tell me what I should be doing?

A:Canon Pixma iP4200

hi maureenmcn ,welcome to the forums , have a read of this thread Canon Pixma IP4200 it may contain the information you require

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/95179-canon-pixma-ip4200.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,

I have installed driver (b6C05MUx.exe) for Canon Pixma iP5200 which
Vista does not recognize.
The driver was downloaded from Canon and is compatible with my Vista.
Please advice how to make the printer work.

Thanks,
Martti

A:Canon Pixma iP5200

Hi, On the Canon site it is this driver ip5200vst200ej.exe here is the link http://support-au.canon.com.au/EN/search?c...p;menu=DownloadMake sure you get the Vista driver.Uninstall the canon printer before installing the new driver and follow the install instuctions as you have to install the printer following the correct steps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205071/canon-pixma-ip5200/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey peps.

anyone have this driver for Windows 7 64 bit? i couldn't find it for the love of God. only found that utility stuff on their site.

A:Canon Pixma IP4200

1. Use Windows Update, it will install the driver automatically
2. Install driver add-on and software from canon website

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34387-canon-pixma-ip4200.html
Relevancy 69.23%

How can I troubleshoot the waste ink full?

I have already tried cleaning and replacing the foam but when I am going to print again, there is this waste ink full window that shows up.

A:Canon Pixma IP1000

Look for a plastic bottle of some sort and empty it out. (Not the toner cartridge!!!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-ip1000.512891/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi

I just installed Windows 7 and my printer doesn't seem to work.. Its a Canon pixma MP160.. i guess i have to install the proper drivers.. could someone help me out with this?

A:Canon Pixma MP160

Quote: Originally Posted by jana

Hi

I just installed Windows 7 and my printer doesn't seem to work.. Its a Canon pixma MP160.. i guess i have to install the proper drivers.. could someone help me out with this?

You should be able to install the Vista drivers for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/6413-canon-pixma-mp160.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have istalled the latest driver and program from Canon support site.
But I get the bluescreen with the error:
STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x00000000, 0xb2000000, 0x00020151) ...

The driver to the printer Canon Pixma ip4500 should work with Vista x64.

I have Windows Vista Ultimate x64.

Please help me.

A:Canon Pixma ip4500

Hi Spiderfreak!

Here is a link to Canon website for the latest Canon driver. Just pick your printer from the list then choose the OS (Vista x64) and download/install. Hope this helps.

Since you did not specify you got your driver from their website I figured I'd look.

Download Library - Canon USA Consumer Products

Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/112723-canon-pixma-ip4500.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey Folks, I have a Canon MP160 and I am trying to print photos, but they always come out redder that I want, I found some NTSC Color Bars and printed them and Magenta is purple and red is deep orange, I did a monitor calibration with a Spyder Pro and thought that corrected the problem but to no avail, any suggestions?

A:Canon Pixma MP160

what kind of printer are using
are you using the correct profile for the type of paper

getting a print to look like it does on your monitor requires carefull calibration and printer profiling

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=printer+profile

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp160.695691/
Relevancy 69.23%

Error code 5100. Recommended action to turn off printer and turn back on again. Does not work. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-530-printer.1044414/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello Everyone,
I just recieved my new scanner today. I tried installing it in my Compaq computer which unfortunately has windows XP Pro on it now, Came with ME. For some reason the disk that came with this scanner doesnt have Xp on it, Thats ok. Canon's web site does. So i downloaded the new driver's and cannot get it to load still. So im thinking maybe it's the scanner, So i hooked it up to my other computer which has 98se on it and it loaded and worked great. Anyone have this problem before? If so please help me out here. I also had a guy from canon trying to help me with no success.

Thanks Guy's,
Ed Fitz

A:Canon 1220U scanner problem.

What type of interface does the scanner use to connect to the PC? I am assuming USB from the U in the model #

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-1220u-scanner-problem.120207/
Relevancy 68.8%

My Canon Lide 110 Scanner has recently acted a little odd in regards to small business card scans.

The card is placed correctly on the glass, centered perfectly, but when I open the finished scanned product, the card is located on the extreme bottom of the screen. Normal size documents appear to scan normally. It's small business cards that are not scanning centered.

This is a somewhat newer problem.

Now, I have a brand new computer and the scanner is still acting whack.

FYI : This scanner is used daily, at least 3 times a day, 7 days a week.

What do you think might be wrong ?

A:Canon Lide 110 Scanner.. odd problem...

Probably the scanner lamp is not "parking" properly. It needs to be unplugged from the mains thaen plugged back in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-lide-110-scanner-odd-problem.1012352/
Relevancy 68.8%

i bought a canon lide210 scanner and i'm having trouble getting it to work.

my computer is running on windows XP pro service pack 3

when i install everything from drivers to software and i try to scan something i can hear the scanner working but when scanning is finished it displays a black page

i am using the windows xp drivers i found from the canon website and i am using the newest ones as well
some that are as new as january 17th
i went to the store and exchanged my first lide210 with another and they both have the same problem so i'm positive it's not a hardware defect.

very frustrating.
i hope someone can help me
Thankyou!

Relevancy 68.8%

I used this scanner for years with Windows 98. I recently changed computers and now use Vista. Since this scanner connects with USB, I figured I would see if it worked with Vista. It seemed to install perfectly. However, if I scan a picture, it comes out multi-colored (see Doors pic). I'm not sure if the problem is with the scanner or its not compatible with Vista. Any ideas.? Dennis

Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Canon dr- c document scanner and am having what I think is a driver software issue Through the custom buttons on the front and Job Registration software I had programed in several scan types I use frequently Once I a single scanning job and try to press a custom button for the next scan job the scanner or software will not allow me to start the next job unless I restart my computer This is Canon DR-1210C Scanner Problem a new development I m not sure what started it but up until last week I could always scan multiple jobs without an issue I went to the Canon site and downloaded installed all the latest drivers and software versions available This actually made the problem worse as none of the custom buttons would work I uninstalled everything and re-installed only the software that came with the unit Now I am back to being able to scan one job at a time then having to reboot my computer Any ideas Thank you YYY nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-dr-1210c-scanner-problem.838041/
Relevancy 68.8%

The ubiquitous svchost is causing problems on my computer This problem has been going on a couple of months slowly I ve been getting a handle on it which seems to concern my scanner although its been connected to the computer for years it still works happily I have not added anything I can think of that would have contributed to the problem apart from regular updates from Microsoft AVG etc The version of svchost running is part of Windows Image Acquisition It tends to be using somewhere between and of the processor But the part which eventually causes the computer to slow down and crash is that problem Canon and svchost WIA, scanner it is adding about handles a second as seen in task manager The computer gets slow the screen doesn t refresh properly if you bring an app to the front there are holes in the window so you can see the app behind and eventually get an Out of Resources message I caught this WIA, svchost and Canon scanner problem the other day fortunately task manager was minimized so came up quickly the handle count was up WIA, svchost and Canon scanner problem to nearly I closed down svchost and the handle count went back to about and my computer got back to working normally again I can t disable WIA it s needed for the scanner My latest work-around is to unplug the USB cable on the scanner that seems to cure the problem The scanner is a Canon Canoscan F it s been in use for years so this morning I updated the driver for the latest from Canon although I don t actually think they were any newer I have attached a screen dump from Process Explorer showing the link to the scanner driver which is CNQU DLL Having had a look at the system folder for the file I have updated it because it now says it was created this morning although last modified in The scanner was not actually doing anything when this screen dump was taken but as I said the number of handles being used is increasing and will eventually crash if I don t kill svchost I have run a full scan of AVG anti virus and not found anything also I used Little Registry Cleaner this morning it found about errors but not the one that fixes this So has anyone got a fix for this or can suggest where to go from here Thanks Sty nbsp

A:WIA, svchost and Canon scanner problem

Have you tried another USB port, or cable?

Have you recently gone from USB 1.0 to USB 2.0?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wia-svchost-and-canon-scanner-problem.935373/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Canon Pixma 4200 printer OSwindows XP.How can I make sure that only black ink is used for printing pages of text?

A:canon Pixma 4200 printer

you may not be able to
if you look at the printer properties and all the settings in the driver - look to see if there is a black only option - if not then it wont
I have tried this on a few printers for people and not found the setting - and the printer for black uses the colour ink
2 family members had this issue - where they did a LOT of text printing , reports and business documentation from home and used NO colour and had to replace colour inks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-4200-printer.1057427/
Relevancy 68.37%

I just got my
Canon PIXMA MG6450 out the box that my new job bought for me. I've pulled the tabs out as directed, plugged it in, the orange triangle with a bolt in it light is on, and when I press 'on' it does nothing. All other forums on the Internet keep saying 'go into settings..' Etc but it's literally not turning on to do anything. No idea with technology and don't know what to do any help greatly appreciated!!

A:Can't set up and turn on Canon PIXMA MG6450

You've posted your question 2 times, that is not allowed. Please only start one thread per issue. The thread in Hardware is in the right section so I'll leave that one open.

Link: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-set-up-brand-new-canon-pixma-mg6450.1155878/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-set-up-and-turn-on-canon-pixma-mg6450.1155880/
Relevancy 68.37%

When I try to print, I get a message, "Printer is performing another operation", there are no jobs in queue; also the LCD display reads " Set ink cartridge". Please help!

Relevancy 68.37%

I have had to upgrade PC to Windows 7 64 bit and now cannot find software to instal to use the scanner option.
Is there any software available?
I have tried Canon site but incompatible and won't load.

A:Canon Pixma MP210 and Windows 7 64 bit

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Did you try the Drivers in the Link below ? ...

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : PIXMA MP210

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/345271-canon-pixma-mp210-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a simple question that i cant seem to find a solution for. I have a Canon Pixma IP 6600 Printer. When I print borderless and the paper is taken from the upright feeder rather than the cassette no matter the size of the paper there is always a white line on the paper on one side. This line is not straight it is crooked across the paper. I use Canon Paper and when I emailed Canon this question I got a useless form letter in reply. Can somone help me. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-ip-6600-printer.629442/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have just bought a Canon PIXMA MP220 printer, I have followed the instructions to the manual book but when I go to print from using an example in Word, it comes up with the error 'Printer not responding'.
I have no idea what it can be, I can't register my printer either because I cannot the serial number on my printer at all.

Help please?

Thanks guys.

Relevancy 68.37%

I have a canon MP560 pixma printer that I am not able to print using the canon black ink. The cartridges are new OEM Canon cartridges. The printer has been idle for 1 year and is essentially new. I did a couple of black only deep cleanings but still prints black in a blue tone. I had Canon customer service tell me it could be a malfunctioning print head. Is there a way to clean the print head using alcohol and will this possibly clean the head without damaging it? I have used this method on other printers. Does anyone have another suggestions.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-560-not-able-to-print-in-black.978513/
Relevancy 68.37%

My Canon PIXMA MX700 Printer isn't functioning as a network printer. During installation of it as a network printer, what it does is say "Communicating with printer." for a while and
then it says "The printer in the network could not be detected
automatically. Set the IP address of the printer to be connected." And no
matter what I select it starts over with "Communicating with printer." I corresponded with Canon via email, but in the end they just said to call their technical support. The printer is wired into the modem and plugged into the computer via USB, so I don't get the problem.

A:Canon PIXMA MX700 Printer

On my Canon MX870 I use the wireless connection but there is also an eithernet port. I believe what you are seeing is the wireless wizard attempting to connect wirelessly to the printer.

If you are using the wired or wireless connection you should not need to use the USB connection on the printer. Perhaps this has something to do with the problem?

Does the printer show up on the Windows 7 network map? Does it show as being connected in the routers settings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/111254-canon-pixma-mx700-printer.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Can anyone pint me in the direction for the Canon software for a Canon Pixma IP5200. I want to be able to once again print onto DVDs but cannot. I have aprint driver installed that works, but the Easy print toolbox and CD label print software from Canon won't install
Thanks

A:Canon Pixma software and drivers

I used Vista Canon drivers for mine... Running them in Vista Sp1 compatibility mode and installed as administrator... Worked for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/19116-canon-pixma-software-drivers.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi folks This is driving me nuts Back in the fall Can't MX700 Pixma Canon with scan when I switched over to Windows Home Premium x from Vista Home Premium SP x I installed the software for my Canon Pixma MX multifunctional printer I used the original Vista driver installer disc and despite an warning message about a quot known compatibility issue quot the printer and scanning Can't scan with Canon Pixma MX700 functions worked fine I use the Pixma on the LAN via a wired ethernet connection Worked fine for occasional scanning in November December and January Then for months I had no need to scan anything just printing over the network with no problems Last weekend I needed to scan something I usually just push the scan button on the printer verify the computer it's going to scan to it lists them and away it goes This time my computer threw an error about the scanner driver saying the scanner wasn't on the network Huh If the scanner's not on the network how did the computer know it was trying to send a scan So I bailed on that and instead used the MP Navigator EX software on the computer It failed too giving the quot scanner not connected quot error either using Navigator's direct interface or telling it to open the scanner driver which brings up a slightly different interface when it worked First I went to the Canon site and d l'ed all the latest drivers for x and installed them Still get the same errors Tried setting it up to scan via USB Can't scan with Canon Pixma MX700 temporary connection If I install it that way it works but it's not a long term solution And it stops working after a reboot The odd thing is the scanner works over the LAN after I set it up for USB when using NAvigator because the scan to lan button on the printer doesn't work of course again until reboot I've googled the heck out of this and tried many things such as a weird solution involving deleting a link to MSN Web Resources which doesn't exist on my machine so I can't do it I'm at wits end Some update to Windows or some other change caused the original installation of drivers software not to work after January sometime and nothing I do gets the scanner to work consistently And it's particularly interesting that it works temporarily after I set it up to use the USB cable but that it dies again after reboot MS firewall and Security Essentials are disabled through all this no other AV etc software running HELP Marc

A:Can't scan with Canon Pixma MX700

I had this problem too & I also have a MX 700. I didn't have quite the probs your having, but when I went to scan something, it would just sit there doing nothing.

The way I found after playing around with it was like this:

I had to go to Start/Devices and Printers.

I R clicked on the printer/scanner and clicked "Start Scan".

Once I did that, it worked for me. You'll get a window with all the options for scanning. For some reason Windows took over the scan feature, but it works, so I'm happy.

Mine is hooked up via USB also, but I'm not on a x64. Driver prob maybe?

Anyway, that's how I got mine to scan, I hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/93451-cant-scan-canon-pixma-mx700.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Anyone know why my magenta cartridge gets contaminated with black ink when the printer is left unused for a few hours?

A:Canon Pixma iP4200 ink contamination

Sounds like the black cartridge may be leaking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-ip4200-ink-contamination.908532/
Relevancy 68.37%

Have returned to my Canon Pixma Pro9000 printer after 2 months of non use over the winter. The printer flashes yellow and green and the rollers run when turned on for a moment. But it does nothing else. Will not move inks to remove position when lid opened. Installed new printer drivers but the printer is non responsive even when non connected to computer. Tried hard reset. Did not work. Turned off and on, checked paper paths and guide settings. Not sure what to do next. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-pro9000-not-working.684109/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey Guys I have a problem that i need some help in i have a canon mp all in one Pixma Canon MP530 Printer All-In-One and i have two questions that i hope you guys Canon Pixma MP530 All-In-One Printer can really help me out with the first question is this how do i go about resetting all the configerations on the printer to the point like it just came out the box and question is i also have a regular lan line phone and im trying to connect it to the canon and for some reason its making my phone go nuts it either the phone rings and the fax dosent pick up or the phone rings and when i pick the phone all you hear a fax ring i dont know what to do anymore im either going to throw this out the window or just take a dam hammer and smash it to pieces please help me out here i would really appreciate any kind of help you can offer thank you nbsp

A:Canon Pixma MP530 All-In-One Printer

There is a firmware upgrade from Nov 08 that might be applicable since it specifically is for FAX problems. There is a list of serial numbers that need the firmware upgrade – be sure to read the instructions as firmware can be tricky. http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...tegoryid=2613&modelid=13371#DownloadDetailAct

The latest driver is 1.10 from 2006 that is probably already what you are using.

Probably your best approach for resetting everything to default is to just uninstall the software and reinstall it. If that doesn’t work you would want to check “Printers and Faxes” & “Cameras and Scanners” to make sure they are removed and also look in Program Files to remove any residual folder left by the software. Usually an uninstall and reinstall works fine.

I take it you read the manual and set the machine to FAX/TEL Auto SW.

I take it you have a “land” line for your phone – a LAN is a local network. If it is a DSL line you usually don’t want the regular phone filter on the modem connection. The hookup varies according to the type of DSL – Canon recommends contacting the DSL provider.

If it is just a regular phone connection you could have a poor line connection. I had some modem problems many years ago and also had a little noise on the phone. The phone company traced the problem and I had no more modem problems. The firmware is supposed to help with that, but if you have any noise on the line it is best to put your phone company on it.

You might try setting your Windows fax up to receive faxes rather than your Canon. If the Windows fax fields the incoming faxes OK it might just be settings on the Canon. You might like the Windows fax better anyway. You view the fax onscreen and if you need a hardcopy you just print it. You could still use the Canon for outgoing faxes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp530-all-in-one-printer.828252/
Relevancy 68.37%

The printer won't start and the YELLOW ALARM light is flashing.

The Canon Troubleshooting Guide advises to count the number of flashes and then refer to the User Manual.

I cannot find anything in the User Manual that indentifies errors in terms of number of flashes.

Anyone know where to find these error messages ?

TiA

T.

A:Canon Pixma MP620 Error

Is this a new printer or one that you had working previously?
What OS are you running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp620-error.1065304/
Relevancy 68.37%

Has anyone ever run into this crazy problem I have a Canon Pixma that I got bundled with my MacBook pro It s been sitting on my desk inert ever since I cannot get it to print anything anytime I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers at least twice reset the printer I worked Pixma Canon NEVER ip4300 has don t think it s a communication error because my laptop sees the printer can check the ink etc Once I reinstall the drivers I can always print a test page exactly once then never again I get no error messages Nothing Opening the print queue box it shows what ever job I m attempting to print as quot printing quot but the printer never actually prints anything If I pull the Canon Pixma ip4300 has NEVER worked plug on the printer with a job in the queue I get a quot can t communicate with printer quot message which tells me communication isn t the issue I m running OS on a MacBook pro I know it s not my laptop since I ve never had any problem with any other printer including a PIXMA Pro I m thinking there s something either super easy to fix or that this printer is just a lemon that needs to go in the trash Canon has been very unhelpful Every once in a while I ll dust this thing off and try to make it work Is it time to give up nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I have just purchased a mp620 and have been trying to install it for the past 2 hours!!!

First I let win7 try to detect it, but it could not print out a test page due to "printer not responding" error on the print queue. I tried to trouble shoot, but this was pointless.

So then I tried to install with the supplied CD. this was even worse. I could not get past the printer detection phase - the printer was switched on, and the usb was plugged in, but it could not detect.

I tried swapping it out with a different usb cable to make sure it wasn't the cable, but still nothing.

I then tried to install the latest mp drivers from the canon website, rebooted, but still nothing.

does anyone, and i mean ANYONE, have any ideas what i can do?!?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/canon-pixma-620-printer-not-recognised-467573.html
Relevancy 68.37%

This is my first post so please forgive me if I have not followed the correct procedures.
I have a Canon Pixma iP5000 printer. It worked fine for about one year but now has all print jobs have a pink colour, to the partial exclusion of blue. I have tried all the suggested maintenance procedures, alignment, clean print heads etc and I have checked the installation of the print cartridges. I have also re-installed the software.
Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

Relevancy 68.37%

Did everything instructed for troubleshooting printing problems i.e. all maintenance, print head alignments (including manual alignment) etc. Printer will NOT print black and white TEXT. I have all new cartridges including black. Color prints ok but no black and white text printing. What could be the problem here?

A:Canon Printer - Pixma iP6600D

Your print head has likely failed. Thats the piece thats under the cartridges and it is removal to be cleaned or replaced. Instructions for manually cleaning the printhead can be found here: http://www.inkjetoasis.ca/io_help.asp

To order a new print head you can call Canon @ 1-800-OK CANON, I think its about $70 but if you like the printer then its worth it since most new Canon's use considerable more expensive cartridges because they have the print head built into the cartridge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-printer-pixma-ip6600d.698581/
Relevancy 68.37%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3985 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -2039 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 458597 MB, Free - 382225 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, EG50_HC_CR
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Previously used above mentioned all-in-one printer in the Windows XP operating system on my Dell 2400 Series machine. All applications worked. Tried to move printer to current computer within the Windows 8.1 environment. I can print and make copies with no problem. However, the scanner application does not function. Spoke with Canon technical support and did several tests including uninstalling, re-installing and rebooting system with no solution. Checked the Microsoft web site and spoke with technical support with no solution here as well.

Can anyone enlighten me as what is the possible solution for this issue? Thank you.

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi i m having problems with getting my scanner printer to do anything To begin with whenever i turned it on the LCD always said boot! wont Canon Pixma quot Printer error has occured Turn off power then back on again If problem persists see the manual quot and so i turn it off and the message only reappears it seems to not be able to load properly I did get it to load once or twice how it hapenned is beside me and successfully printed something off but on attempting a scan the same message came up midscan Now i m back to square one with only ever seeing the error message all the time and the printer scanner giving me no options and not loading properly Does anybody have any good advice the driver discs also told me that the driver cant install properly either am i likely to have these problems if my laptop only has Windows XP Also for some reason i think it only loads properly if it s been left off for hours why is this thanks xxxxx nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

My Canon Pixma iP3000 printer worked fine when connected to my HP Vista computer. Now I have an HP p6616f-b with Windows 7 (64 bit) and I cannot find definitive info on the web as so whether or not they're compatible with one another. If they are, I'd need new software. Anyone know if compatible and where I could get software? Thanks

A:Canon Pixma iP300 compatibility with Win 7

Have you tried the Canon website?

Here's the link: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppo...xma_ip_series/pixma_ip3000#DriversAndSoftware

The printer is compatible and Windows will download the driver from Microsoft Update as per the information from the above link. You can download additional software from the Canon website for it though from the link above.
You can also check the Microsoft Compatibility site located here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...Path=pixma ip3000&Type=Hardware&tempOsid=win7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-ip300-compatibility-with-win-7.1100865/
Relevancy 68.37%

Recently purchased a new laptop. During installation of above printer I received a message that I should contact Microsoft for a new scanner driver for the printer. Have looked everywhere on Microsoft website without any luck in finding a driver for Windows Vista Home Basic operating system.

Can you help?

Thanks
Judy

A:Canon Pixma MP 150 Printer Driver

Here is the correct web page for printer driver download
http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010247.asp

If you have any problems with regards to conflicts etc just come back to this same thread and most folk will be able to assist further.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp-150-printer-driver.853403/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a canon Pixma ip 1600 printer and been using refilled cartridges.All of a sudden my printer has stopped detecting color cartridge and as such I can not print blck prints either.No amount of hardare/software settings would do.
Is there any way by which I can take black only prints, using black cartridge only? Any method for bypassing the color cartridge completely?
Any advise is most welcome.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-canon-pixma-ip-1600-printer.733710/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey Guys I have a problem that Pixma Canon All-In-One Printer MP530 i need some help in i have a canon mp all in one and i have two questions that i Canon Pixma MP530 All-In-One Printer hope you guys can really help me out with the first question is this how do i go about resetting all the configerations on Canon Pixma MP530 All-In-One Printer the printer to the point like it just came out the box and question is i also have a regular lan line phone and im trying to connect it to the canon and for some reason its making my phone go nuts it either the phone rings and the fax dosent pick up or the phone rings and when i pick the phone all you hear a fax ring i dont know what to do anymore im either going to throw this out the window or just take a dam hammer and smash it to pieces please help me out here i would really appreciate any kind of help you can offer if by any chance this is not the place to ask for help on a technical issues may you please direct me where in the forum should i go to get a answer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp530-all-in-one-printer.828336/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have a Canon LiDE 200 scanner with an older driver. I found a newer 64-bit driver on the Canon website, but after installing it nothing changes with the driver?it's still the same old driver I had before. I have tried uninstalling the scanner (in Safe Mode) and then restarting the computer, but it doesn't change anything. The new driver from Canon is just an executable and so it runs and installs itself somewhere, although when I check in Device Manager the old driver is still there.

I would appreciate any help someone could give me in updating my scanner to the new 64-bit driver.

Thanks.

A:Canon LiDE 200 64-bit scanner driver problem

I finally figured out how to scan my drawings/images back into PS. CS6 does not install several legacy (pre-CS4) plug-ins, extensions, and presets, including TWAIN. You can download the optional TWAIN plug-in at the Adobe website, for both Mac and Windows. For CS6, I placed the TWAIN.plugin file inside my Photoshop Plug-ins folder. Now if you have CS6 (on Windows 7) it comes with two versions of Photoshop—one is in the Program Files folder (64-bit) and the other is in the Program Files (x84) folder (32-bit). I opened Windows Explorer and navigated to the PS plug-ins folder in Program Files (x86), then I restarted Photoshop. Voila! Problem solved! I can now scan from my Canon LiDE via the PS File > Import menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/283685-canon-lide-200-64-bit-scanner-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 68.37%

After cleaning out a heap of virus and malware from a windows 98 machine and then running windows update cd (that came out early last year) the scanner gets an error message. See attachment.

The scanner is a Canoscan FB636U and is powered though its usb cable.

There is the yellow ? over the canoscan FB636U in device manager and an attempt to find a new driver does not recognize the drivers on the installation cd.

A spare USB cable has been tried the scanner works when installed on another machine.

Any help appreciated.
Gerry

Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Canon IR N installed in a PC and connected via usb While that was installed winxp pc everything worked perfect even the scanner But since I installed 1025N Canon scanner IR Problem installing W x I could not get the scanner to work me I installed the driver but then gives me the alert triangle on the device and only allows me to use it as a printer does not recognize the scanner I ve tried to uninstall the driver and Canon IR 1025N Problem installing scanner re isntaalr from the original cd in xp compatibility mode I ve also downloaded the latest driver from the Canon page and nothing unless it be one specific because there are few available and did not know which one to use well And I ve tried the solution posed in this article http answers microsoft com en-us -problem b a - e d- a - dd - c d and nothing I really do not know what else to do Any help please Greetings nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-ir-1025n-problem-installing-scanner.1131361/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Canon Pixma MG6100. I tried to print on glossy paper and the printer kept jamming. I gave up on printing the photo, but now the printer jams even when trying to print on plain paper from both the back tray and the cassette. Fromboth places, the paper starts to feed but then stops. I can hear the rollers still moving, but the paper is just stuck. I have tried cleaning the rollers as well as cleaning the bottom plate but nothing works. The printer is now useless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mg6100-paper-jams.1116432/
Relevancy 67.51%

Can anyone tell me how to obtain replacement ink absorber pads, and replace the full one?

Canon help line VERY unhelpful! "We are not allowed to tell you how to replace the Ink Absorber pads - you will have to Google for an answer"

Reminds me of their slogan - with Canon you can('t)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-mp180-ink-absorber-full.840896/
Relevancy 67.51%

The Cyan color on my printer is creating bands about 1/4" wide on both plain and photo paper. I have done repeated cleanings and alignments using tools in the software. Canon support will not answer my questions. How do I clean (I am assuming that is the problem) the nozzles/head of this kind of printer? It is 2 1/2 years old and I'd sure like to no have to buy a new one.

Relevancy 67.51%

I am getting a B200 error on my canon iP4300 printer. turning it off and on doesn't help. is there something else I can try?

A:canon Pixma iP4300 printer error

Let me google that for you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-ip4300-printer-error.956857/