Windows Support Forum

Black screen with cursor multiple times.

Q: Black screen with cursor multiple times.

Ok to tell you things from the start I cleanup computers for the public I have a phone computer repair shop I with Black screen multiple cursor times. received a computer weeks ago and I turned it on and is was windows and I logged in After logging in I was faced with a black screen and a cursor thinking it was a virus I hit ctrl alt del and started the task manager and opened my flash drive with my anti virus scanners Avg or Black screen with cursor multiple times. Sophos was the one that finally killed it once it was removed the desktop just popped right up no issues and I finished cleaning and done I haven't heard from the customer since so there was no issues I got a call from a lady about a mile down the road from him saying her computer was need cleaning so I brought it in and cleaned it only a couple of high risk viruses but got those done and I put avg antivirus when done and it was out Black screen with cursor multiple times. the door A few days later that same lady called back saying there was a black screen on her computer She brought it in and this computer is running windows and it had the same what I call virus on it that the windows one had ran the virus scans and done She told me it happened after doing a flash player update That was last week I just received a call saying the windows computer has a black screen again after trying to update windows what I'm trying to figure out is this a virus or what and what is causing it A simple virus removal gets rid of it but why does it keep happening

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567303/black-screen-with-cursor-multiple-times/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black screen with cursor multiple times.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.24%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I was playing a game on my PC while it was storming out and the power surged Before I could unplug my pc the power came back on and my computer started back up After starting back up it said installing update do not turn off the computer I waited until it was done then it brought me to a black screen with a Windows logo and a circular loading bar I waited somewhere between - minutes before holding down the power button until it turned off Upon turning the computer back on all the fans would work and everything it would show the blue screen that says to press esc then brings me to a black screen where it would have a mark in the top left and beep non stop It isnt a long beep or anything its just multiple beeps non stop until I turn it off I have tried taking out the ram and putting it back in but it just keeps beeping I did a mem test and it showed that nothin was wrong with the ram nbsp The beeps are high pitched and very fast nbsp

A:Hp Pavilion beeps multiple times nonstop and black screens

This will help:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107andhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Pavilion-beeps-multiple-times-nonstop-and-black-screens/td-p/5703868
Relevancy 65.79%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey everyone I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while or has been in the past Was upgrading to windows I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck around It then got through that and began the installation process with the big circle and rebooting process However around when I last looked at it it was just black screen this stayed this way for about - hours I then decided to reboot the pc and it has now booted to the login screen Is this a known (no screen just Black Screen to blank) but cursor of Doom Booted login bug or could there be a possible issue The problem seems a bit different Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) as some people I saw have had to fall back on PC restore points etc So not sure if it installed or what could be the problem Also side note I upgraded my pc when windows first publically released but rolled back because I had about min shutdown times So not sure what is Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) going on and any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

I never had a problem upgrading like you've experienced but I experiencing Windows 10 upgrading process is the longest time taken ever compared to previous versions. It took me 1 hour+ to finished.

Play around a little bit to get used to it then did a clean install. No problem arise, seems working fine.

The point is, problems always happen after upgrading, to solve it just perform installation from scratch (clean install).

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37857-black-screen-doom-but-booted-login-screen-no-cursor-just-blank.html
Relevancy 65.79%

my PSU went out and i had it replaced and since i replaced it i havent been able to boot my pc i plug everything in and hit the power button it load blinking no on boot, cursor Black screen... screen immediately immediately goes to a Black screen blinking cursor immediately on boot, no load screen... black screen with a blinking underscore cursor in the upper left corner about of the way from the left side all my fans work the hard drive is running Vista bit AMD Phenom x e GHz ATI Radeon x Pro Gb RAM Power supply was from another pc i had that i didnt use anymore same wattage just had the pin PCIe connector i needed the one currently in it is the stock one that came with the tower no clue what to do F F ESC DEL keys dont work to get to BIOS the only responses i get are CTRL ALT DEL kind of restarts i think my monitor goes to standby when i do it for a brief period of time but then fans kick on again and same black screen also when i hit the pause break key it stops the beeping that is coming from the mobo note if i hit the key during the beep then its continuous noise anyone have any advice any would be appreciated Edit - just to clarify i get zero load up of anything there is no loading screen prior to the black with blinking cursor as soon as power is on it immediately goes to this screen Edit - again i forgot to put that the pin PCIe connector needed for the x pro is non existant in the new PSU and i havent gotten an adaptor yet for it dont know if that would be the reason i cant boot BIOS or windows the original graphics card was onboard and when installing the driver for radeon it said to disable the driver for the onboard card to ensure that the radeon worked properlly

A:Black screen blinking cursor immediately on boot, no load screen...

sounds like you need the PCIe power connector to run your video card. Try removing the card and enabling the onboard video until you get a new PSU or adadpter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blinking-cursor-immediately-on-boot-no-load-screen-421982.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have an office desktop pc HP COMPAQ ELITE running -bit Windows I was manually running Windows update and manually updating some of my drivers when the pc suddenly turned itself off I turned it back on and now it doesn't get to the login screen anymore It just displays screen mouse movable cursor with Black appears screen login before a Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears black screen with a movable mouse cursor although I can't really click anything or even press any keys on the keyboard I tried loading into the recovery environment but it only gives me the option to restore my hard drive to factory settings which I don't want since I have lots of important files in it I've searched around the forums but I can't find a problem that is EXACTLY like mine By the way my pc is on a dual boot mode with an Ubuntu and that is how I'm able to access this forum right now The dual boot was set-up by the employee that I replaced so I have no idea how this is set-up Any help would be appreciated -Ron

A:Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears

Firstly, boot into the Linux operating system, and then create a backup of all important files and data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300316-black-screen-movable-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen-appears.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 65.79%

When I turn on my computer all I get is a black screen with the flashing cursor up in the left corner of the screen. Any ideas as to how to correct this? I have a Dell from he'll computer-- inspiron E1505 about 8 years old and just had windows 7 home edition installed on it

A:Black screen with flashing cursor in upper left corner of screen

Hey I just went through something very similar. I found that my SATA cable connecting the hard drive to the motherboard had failed. I replaced it with a new SATA cable, and it booted right up. Try the cable first if you have one lying around, plus its a cheap solution. If you replace the cable and it still won't boot up, it might be your hard drive. Seeing as how your machine is that old, it could fail at any time.

Do you get anything on the screen when you turn it on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-flashing-cursor-in-upper-left-corner-of-screen-602916.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

My laptop will not boot. I end up with an empty black screen or a blue screen with no icons, just a cursor. I get choices for 'normal startup' or ' repair' but not safe mode. Any help appreciated.

A:Unable to start - black screen or empty blue screen w cursor??

Hello JoLaRo and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts has prepared a couple of tutorials that might help you out.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

If you're still having issues after following the tutorials, please post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346364-unable-start-black-screen-empty-blue-screen-w-cursor.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I m having a problem with my Dell Dimension running Windows XP I have an g Maxtor HD as my main drive and a g WD secondary drive When I attempt to boot I get a blue screen with the message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is he first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again Screen Can't Black Blue (Standard Screen w/cursor Mode), boot then XP Windows Safe or follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen hardware vendorm for any BIOS updates Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF BB B xF E AO xF E AO FLTMGR SYS - Address F BB B base at F A DateStamp daAs far as the info in the message I see this screen with the same info everytime I rebooted As far as disk space my main drive is g aand I have about g of free space I m not sure if anything in the message refers to drivers Not sure how to change video adapters when I can t get into Windows Standard Mode or Safe Mode Also not sure how to deal with any of the BIOS suggestions or even know if it s a good idea to mess with it Again I cannot even boot to Safe Mode It takes me to the same Blue Screen message I have been able to boot from the CD I get to the Windows Setup screen it loads files It then says it s Starting Windows then takes me to the Windows XP Home Edition Setup It gives me the choices To set up Window XP now press Enter To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R To quit Setup without installing Windows XP press F I pressed R and in the Recovery Console it shows C WINDOWSI press as this is the only Windows installation I have It then takes me to the Command Prompt C WINDOWS gt I have run CHKDSK and got this message The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked Use p if you want to check the volume anyway kb total disk space kb are available bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk I have also run CHKDSK r and it found and fixed one or more errors After I exited and tried to reboot from the HD and got the same BSOD with same message I don t know if this is a virus or hardware software problem I do have Malwarebytes Anti-Virus and Norton on the PC but without Windows XP I m not sure how to run them I have also booted from Hirems Boot CD and have run all the hardware tests checked HDs memory video etc I could and have found no problems Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Dave

A:Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen

mod bump

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385215/cant-boot-windows-xp-standard-or-safe-mode-black-screen-wcursor-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 65.36%

The issue started a few hours ago when I was playing League of Legends specifically when the game has finished its loading and crashed to Desktop which is a common problem on my laptop As usual I would restart the game but before I could do that explorer exe Mouse Cursor Login before Screen Black of Death Screen with crashed my entire Desktop has turned to the familiar transparent whitish filter before the quot Explorer exe has crashed quot message popped out which was peculiar at the time because this is Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen the first time it had happened So I allowed the program to restart it didn't So I shut down via holding down the power button and rebooted the laptop It went into Startup Repair and did its automated repair so I let it repair while I did my stuff When I returned the repair had completed and it booted the laptop into the infamous Black Screen of Death with a movable mouse cursor This is right before I could log on to my user account and I decided to search for solutions initially on Google using an available PC Most of it didn't work for starters booting up to Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Last known Good Configuration brought me to the same movable mouse cursor with black screen combo Safe Mode with Command Prompt has the same problem and the Command Prompt does not appear After which I accessed the Repair menu with the F button right after the BIOS loads and tried every option First Repair Your Computer did not work as it couldn't find any problems after the first initial repair it did System Restore didn't not have any Restore Points which is strange because I do have several restore points prior to this issue happened I skipped the Memory option and used the Command Prompt to do a sfc exe scannow to detect any problems according to one solution I found but it gave the message telling me there is another repair job that requires my laptop to be restarted At first I did went back and did the sfc command no luck After all that I went to try the Ctrl Alt Del and starting explorer exe as a new process but the task manager does not appear Not in any bootable modes with the mouse cursor present At the moment I am out of ideas and solutions it really is starting to drive me against the wall because this laptop has a lot of information I need I do not have access to my backups or recovery disks as I'm currently overseas I hope I can hear from any users here about what to do My laptop Acer Aspire TimelineX TG Windows Home Edition x I do not have any USB devices connected to my laptop except for my mouse and that's about it I will try my best to add on more missing info if pointed out thank you very much

A:Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen

having the same problem here on my toshiba satellite L655-1je laptop. did everything srwalpha did but to no avail. hence, bumping this up for help pls...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192503-black-screen-death-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm using I have a DELL4500S desktop, on startup it will not go to the login screen, the screen is just black with the cursor showing. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging everything and restarting it. Nothing is working. When it first starts a pop up shows and says

"This Application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I'm not sure what it's talking about and what to re install and I can't reinstall whatever it is because I can't get to the start menu.

Help? I don't know what to do :[

A:Black screen on startup, showing cursor, doesn't go to log in screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by alexsmom2009

I'm using I have a DELL4500S desktop, on startup it will not go to the login screen, the screen is just black with the cursor showing. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging everything and restarting it. Nothing is working. When it first starts a pop up shows and says

"This Application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I'm not sure what it's talking about and what to re install and I can't reinstall whatever it is because I can't get to the start menu.

Help? I don't know what to do :[

SAMLIB.dll is a security account manager dynamic linked lib. A repair install from the dvd should fix the problem unless you are infected with malware, or have a modified system

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201116-black-screen-startup-showing-cursor-doesnt-go-log-screen.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Whenever the Windows loadscreen load Black after - it fixes Windows screen Nothing w/cursor screen passes the screen goes black and I can move a cursor around the screen I have had this happen before and fixed it with bootrec exe but I can't seem to get that to work this time Startup repair says it cannot help - Safe mode Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it has the exact same Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it black screen problem I have done chkdsk and sfc scannow - Didn't fix it When I Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it boot into Kaspersky Rescue from a USB drive it mentions that I need to shut down windows properly before continuing I would like to do this but I can't I have tried changing the active partition on information in some of these other threads - It didn't seem to work All disks are healthy according to the DISKPART and Partition Wizard I have done the HP hardware diagnostic scans and everything comes up fine I see that a lot of the advice on the threads is to do a fresh install - Is it really broken beyond repair at this point Does anyone have any other ways I can try and fix this problem

A:Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it

Hello saturnn and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting guide for Windows 7 failure to boot issues. Even though you've tried several of the suggested fixes I'd still go through the tutorial and try the steps in the order listed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268184-black-screen-w-cursor-after-windows-load-screen-nothing-fixes.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok it all started when I XP cursor won't Black no Windows screen after with the screen. logo boot. ran Nod antivirus I ran it because I had some viruses on my computer that I wanted to get rid of After the scan there were some detected objects that were quarantined or deleted So then I restart my computer and after the windows xp logo there is just a black screen with no cursor And after awhile the computer will just Windows XP won't boot. Black screen with no cursor after the logo screen. restart and try booting up again I tried going into safe mode and safe mode with command prompt but I still get a black screen with no cursor The last known good configuration doesn t work either I m pretty frustrated because I did nothing wrong I am also having a feeling that nod might have quarantined some infected files that are essential for Windows Xp to boot I also do not have any windows xp disks with me because I lost them a very long time ago Is there anything I can do to fix my computer Thanks nbsp

A:Windows XP won't boot. Black screen with no cursor after the logo screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-boot-black-screen-with-no-cursor-after-the-logo-screen.941897/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

I bought a new computer in September, Dell N5050. The first problem occurred in November, I made prntScr: http://i49.tinypic.com/2gsjp5y.png
This problem is solved: I thought it's a virus, I downloaded Advanced SystemCare (I had McAfee) this scanned my computer and found a four Trojan.

Then came a new problem.
I turn on computer, starting windows, black screen with a cursor about 8-9 minutes, log on and welcome screen loading about 5 seconds.
OR
I turn on computer, starting windows, black screen with a cursor about 1-2 minutes, log on and welcome screen loading about 6-7 minutes.

I really don't know, what it depends on.
What is problem? How I can fix it?

PS: my native language isn't English. Sorry for mistakes.
PS: I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Thanks,
theHappie.

A:Welcome screen load time or black screen with a cursor

First thing I'd do is getting rid of Advanced System Care. It's a system optimizer, and Windows 7 does not like optimizers. I'd bet that it is responsible of the slow start.

Second, ASC isn't an antivirus, or if it is I never heard of it. Which isn't a good sign. Install a good antivirus and run a full scan, I like Avira (my favourite, which is free and nuked all evil things I threw at it), but other people like Microsoft Security Essentials (again free, but less powerful than Avira).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/271290-welcome-screen-load-time-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Apologies if this is in the wrong section I have a Dell Inspiron and the owner said that his son installed BearShare and it's been giving him complications He told me it sometimes freezes when he tries to start the computer and has to give it a hard shut down I hopefully removed BearShare with Malwarebytes and MSE yet I can't seem to find why it's not letting me boot up regularly It boots into safe mode fine and I can access everything from there but when I try to restart into regular mode it Black active screen, cursor before screen. login just hangs after 'Starting Windows' with a black screen and active mouse cursor I've tried various tutorials from searching quot black screen active cursor quot quot laptop frozen after starting windows quot etc but nothing that I try works After a few hours of research I keep seeing the reoccurring phrase 'shell' I believe it's not being loaded correctly or at all I've tried a fix by Prevx that said it would fix the black screen to no avail But here's the funny part Sometimes it boots to Windows fine and everything acts as it should There's been several times I was about to call the guy and tell him that the laptop is finished but I hesitated and restarted just to see if it was fully fixed Vid Dell - YouTube Let me know if I need to post further information -Dustin

A:Black screen, cursor active before login screen.

I would try some more scans to be sure
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
run some hardware tests
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
and when you can get it to boot
Disk Check
a system file check
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
and have a look through these handy tutorials
Startup Repair
and if all else fails
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271206-black-screen-cursor-active-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I'm new to the Screen Cursor Screen w/ Loading Windows Black After forums but I find myself coming to this site a lot to fix my windows computer so heck why not join Problem Recently my computer starts up windows and after the loading screen it just sits at a black screen forever with a cursor and it doesn't even make it to the log in screen I have tried safe mode with the same results What I've Done So Black Screen w/ Cursor After Windows Loading Screen FarTried to Repair Startup with Windows DVD Tried to use sfc scannow at boot Says pending changes and needs to restart Tried logging into my Ubuntu partition and virus scanning None found Tried copying Reg Files from Regback into config while I was in Linux Tried to Repair Install But I can't log into Windows Tried to bootrec fixmbr fixbot RebuildBcd Which destroyed my dual boot linux grub but I was desperate And still nothing Interestingly though after I do RebuildBcd command it says something like quot Found Windows Installations quot Tried to System Restore Gave me an Error wouldn't you know At this point I'm not to confident that this can be fixed If anyone has any ideas I'm willing to try Or if you have any snazzy suggestions on how I could fix it using another computer I have a different Windows Pro x computer that I can put the HD in if there's someway I can save my data fix it repair install from there I just don't know how Edit I finished the chkdsk and there were no bad sectors though it did give me a message quot Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status quot I did a Windows Defender Offline scan with no viruses and I'm currently scanning with Kaspersky Rescue disk I don't believe it is a virus I think it's a corrupt registry at this point I had just cleaned my registry with CCleaner before the shutdown that led to this gt lt Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen w/ Cursor After Windows Loading Screen

Do you have any external drives connected by usb? I had a similar problem, and found that I had to turn off the usb drives when I re-booted. I still do that whenever I re-boot for any reason.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220859-black-screen-w-cursor-after-windows-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 64.93%

hi i recently had a virus on my computer did numerous scans and did a restore that made my computer go into a continously restart loop on stuck loading cursor on with screen screen after black bootup ive managed to fixed that with couple recovery console commands and finally did a windows xp pair with the disk had some problems installing some drivers after the installation repair was finished computer rebooted but then the screen would be stuck on a black screen with a cursor in the middle stuck on black screen with cursor after loading screen after the windows logo with loading bar the login screen doesnt show ive tried numerous ideas from ctl alt delete and shift f ive hit shift times and i heard a noise but nothing pops up for sticky keys ive booted in safe mode and it shows all the files loading then it gets stuck with the black screen with the quot windows professional quot thing on the top and bottom with the cursor im guessing it has to do with the video card driver i need help thanks oh and im running on windows xp professional thanks edit okay so i decided to do the xp repair again to see if it would fix it and did shift f to bring up command prompt and typed sysdm cpl to see what drivers were missing there was a yellow explation mark on the following Display adapters - Video controller VGA compatible Modems - PCI modem Network - Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Sound video and game controllers - Multimedia audio controller System devices - Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver Universal Serial Vus controllers - SiS PCI to USB enhanced Host Controller note when i right click proporties and update driver then click on quot install from a list or specific location quot then click on quot dont search i will choose the driver to install quot it lists drives model Sis and SiS M the problem is i couldnt install or update the drivers because i dont have the disks how can i install these drivers would i have to go to on another computer download all the needed drivers and load em into another disk then locate the file on the disk when needed for installation so right now ima stay put at the xp setup screen with drives selection

A:stuck on black screen with cursor after loading screen

Does it boot in safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310853/stuck-on-black-screen-with-cursor-after-loading-screen/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi fellas I have a Dell Dimension which stopped working three years ago It was running Windows XP with SP or - I can t remember for sure It has GB RAM and a MB ATI Radeon graphics card Whenever I boot up it goes straight to a black screen with a flashing cursor on the top left There is no Dell splash screen and no option to access the BIOS by tapping F This Dell has four indicator lights on the back to let a user know No Flashing Screen, Cursor, POST Black Screen if there is a problem The first three Black Screen, Flashing Cursor, No POST Screen lights are green and the fourth one in orange I looked this up on the manual and it says refer to technical support So far I have tried the following Removed optical drives to see if the machine would boot up without them - it didn t I am not confident enough to start taking parts off the motherboard just yet Booted up without any additional peripherals attached including mouse and keyboard Tried booting up from an old Windows XP install disc - that had no effect either So I am pretty much stumped as to what to do with this machine Doing a Google search others with the same problem have been unable to fix it I just want to know if it is worth the time to revive this machine or to let go Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Going to my sisters tonight to attempt to fix her PC Was working fine this morning cursor Black with after screen screen splash moveable but this afternoon - Upon startup everything runs fine until after the windows splash screen everything goes black and the only thing visable is a cursor but nothing to click cannot ctrl alt del cannot right click Cannot enter safe mode at all last good configuration doesn t work either Computer is still running Black screen with moveable cursor after splash screen fan whirring lights flashing Fan has been cleaned and power supply checked Black screen with moveable cursor after splash screen no change Cannot get into anything to run explorer or virus check She is running Windows Black screen with moveable cursor after splash screen XP SP I m unsure of when sp was installed I understand this may be an issue along with video and graphics drivers display settings corrupt registry flat CMOS battery or loose internal connections My questions are - What can I do to actually get into the computer to check if it may be these problems Does anyone know of any more problems that could be causing this problem nbsp

A:Black screen with moveable cursor after splash screen

Welcome to TSG, Kiwichick. You stated....

Fan has been cleaned and power supply checked, no change.Click to expand...

It's very possible that in cleaning the machine something may have become loose. (It happened to me before,
a sata cable wasn't completely connected.) Check all of the connections at both ends. Any cables or straps
need to be tightly seated to the HDD as well as the connection to the mobo.

Before you open the case, disconnect all peripherals and press the power supply button in for approx. 30 seconds
to drain the remaining flea power. It sounds like a loose cable to the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-moveable-cursor-after-splash-screen.799937/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello. Recently had a virus and have been going through the steps here on bleeping computer to help get rid of it. The last thing I was told to do was run the farbar scan tool and to copy and paste a code and hit fix. Upon doing so the computer prompted for a restart. It now won't get to the log in screen. I've tried booting in safe mode and I've also tried last known working configuration as suggested and nothing has worked unfortunately. I was told to come here. Hopefully something can be done. Thanks a ton.

A:Windows won't get to login screen, black screen and cursor

Tap F8 at boot and select Repair Computer from the Advanced Boot Options. Do a System Restore to a date just before the problem. 

You cannot do the above and if you have another Windows 7 computer create a System Repair Disk. Boot and try a System Restore to a date just before the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617825/windows-wont-get-to-login-screen-black-screen-and-cursor/
Relevancy 64.5%

I think I got a virus. Today my computer was acting weird, I started hearing random ads when nothing was open so I ran malwarebytes and it found a couole things. After it restarted a fbi warning virus came up, so I restarted in safe mode and ran malwarebytes again full scan and it found 6 more things. When I restarted this time the computer ran fine for a couple minutes then a blue screen came up and restarted the computer after 15secs.
It did this a couple times and after that a black screen only comes up. I can get into the bios screen but cant get back into safe mode. Any ideas?

A:Black screen with cursor

Hello brojas7

May I ask, when did these problems start? If only over the past few days, we can look into using System Restore to restore your computer back to a point before all these issues.

Can you list the specifications of your computer please, make/model?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-cursor-694637.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Greetings so I was fixing a computer last night that my brother brought to me same as usual well when booting it i tried to load windows as cursor with black screen per normal but it loaded to a black screen with cursor black screen with cursor before we get started im running a custom rig here two gtx graphics cards gigs of ram windows pro OS here is a list of things i have tried as per my research letting it time out hours total wait time no luck ran sfc scannow would not run said there was a repair that required a reboot tried that like times tried ctrl alt delete no response tried shift times a dulled version of access center came up that did not let me access the main one tried windows key p didn t work ran start up repair times didn t work tried safe mode didn t work tried keyboard commands in safe mode didn t work tried system restore didn t work at this point i am out of ideas and would like to avoid a format at ALL costs any feedback would be VERY appreciated

A:black screen with cursor

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/06/05/get-the-recovery-console-back-in-windows-7/

I would try the bootrec /fixmbr command.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411883/black-screen-with-cursor/
Relevancy 64.5%

While checking email a week ago today my system shut down...when I turned it back on I got the preferbial blue screen....it is a Dell Inspirion 1300..under warranty....I received the reinstallion cds..and have done the chkdsk r and the fixboot c.....after it restarted I get a black screen with the cursor...in safe mode there are no options just the safe mode verbaige....I have multiple years of unbacked up major important files.that I need for my business, family etc..(how important could they be if I did not safeguard them...(retrospect I know, I know)...).
please help, Dell wants to loose everything and do a reinstall they say it's my only option.....could this be true?

Hello myrnaemlw

Boot into the Recovery Console again and at the prompt type
fixmbr
ENTER

and then
fixboot
ENTER

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-with-cursor-239569.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Dell inspiron 2020 black screen after log in!! I have tried F8 and CTRL 11 and still does the same need help no money for tech and writing book! Oh and I notice windows 8 does not work well with it even when it's recommended...this has happened before when I attempted to use windows 8.

A:black screen after log in with only cursor

Have you tried tapping F8 immediately after starting up and continuing tapping until you are sure you don't see the startup menu (white writing on black)?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/black-screen-after-log-in-with-only-cursor/1655.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have recently updated to windows 7 professional and cleared my old OS. (3 days ago) I have been running the system and it has been just fine until this evening.
This evening I suddenly got a black screen with just the mouse showing.
I have an Asus P5Q Pro Motherboard and the Graphics card is a GEforce GTX260
When I reboot the system it gets to the windows starting screen
Then I get a cursor that blinks a few times and then it suimply stays black and nothing happens.

I already tried using the operating system restore disk and reinstalling, but the outcome was the same.
Also booting in safe mode works and I can do anything needed in there, but once going back to regular boot, it does not go.
Thoughts?

A:Black screen with cursor only

Not really a solution but something you can try:

When you've got the black screen with the cursor, do Ctrl + Alt + Del and in the task manager choose File - New task run.
then in the box typ explorer.exe

That should get your windows taskbar back. At least then you can do something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-cursor-only.180128/
Relevancy 64.5%

Every time I turn on my computer or it has a black screen with just the cursor and the it never goes back to how it is supposed to be what do I do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-cursor.1164978/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi.

I'm running WindowsXP, service pack 3. For the last few weeks I haven't been able to use my PC as once it finishes booting, the screen simply goes black with an active cursor when it's supposed to bring up the user log in window. I've tried starting it up in safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, Directory Services restore mode and last known good configuration, but I always get the same thing. Except in safe mode I get the text at the edges of the screen that say it's in safe mode.

I've scoured the internet for a solution, and everything seems to point to using the windows boot disk, but I don't have access to that right now. Is there anything else I can try?

flashing underscore cursor in the upper left corner of the screen? Or do you actually have mouse?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-with-cursor-526589.html
Relevancy 64.5%

When I log on to my account it is just a black screen with my cursor.  Although I am able to enter task manager, which lets me access all of my files.

I have tried src/scannow and it says everything is fine

thanks for the help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519077/black-screen-with-cursor-when-i-log-in/
Relevancy 64.5%

I ll be as specific as I know About four months ago I received a computer as a gift However about two weeks ago while booting I got a screen asking to run I believe a scan on my drives After the scan was done The computer completely shut down When I tried to turn it back on where the log in screen should be with the accounts on it I had only a black screen but I could see and move my cursor I have cursor At in, screen, only log black done everything I could think of tried At log in, black screen, cursor only to start in Safe Mode same thing happened tried to boot in Last Best Configuration same put hard drive in another computer and defragged it No Results and tried putting my Windows XP CD in to do a System Restore Same thing happens I don t really have very much on the computer so a restore would not be too painful Is there anything that I NEED to do when booting up with my XP disk to perform a restore Any advice would be helpful thank you nbsp

A:At log in, black screen, cursor only

Hi..try repairing boot record..
http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;en-us;314503

Welcome to TSG..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/at-log-in-black-screen-cursor-only.431113/
Relevancy 64.5%

My win 7 laptop,upgraded from vista, just shows a black screen and cursor partway through startup. Safe mode just increases the size of the cursor. Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

A:black screen and cursor

Did this just start happening?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378074/black-screen-and-cursor/
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok so I havn't booted up my computer in about 4 months. It was working fine before. Anyways the motherboard screen will come up and after that it will go to a black screen with a blinking cursor on the screen "most of the time" sometimes it's just a black screen. I can't boot into safe mode. I have made sure in the bios that the boot order is correct. I can't boot from CDrom. Is my harddrive bad and if my hard drive is bad shouldn't it still be able to boot from CDrom? that's what doesn't make sense to me. something is going on, I don't think it's my HDD. thanks and hi

oh and I have made sure all the hardware is plugged in correctly, ie. resetting the ram and all the plugs.

A:Black Screen with cursor.

What CD/DVD are you trying to boot to with the CDrom?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204169-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Sevenforums I have a Sony Vaio VPCSC laptop that I have owned for about four months In these four months I have experienced boot issues once before that was resolved by a lucky guess on my part I have had the blue screen of death about four times before as well This problem occurred when I was installing a game on my laptop I had just agreed to the EULA when I went to go turn off my bittorrent Just then my computer froze giving the Black Cursor In Log With Screen BEFORE familiar white-transparent screen with the circular loading cursor I waited for it to load and when it didn't I went off for about thirty minute to do other things to pass the time When I came back and it was still frozen I manually shut off the computer When I booted up again the Windows Error Recovery screen appeared after which I selected Start Windows Normally The Starting Windows animation ran and then afterwards my screen shut off for about three seconds came back on with solely the black screen and the cursor After a second the brightness dimmed I am left with the black screen and the cursor which occasionally will be the cursor accompanied by the circular loading cursor much akin to this http qt-project org doc qt- images cursor-busy png but with the Windows cursor The entire time my hard drive indicator is lit Last night I just left the black screen running and when I woke up it was the BSOD I restarted and then tried every boot option in the advanced boot options menu The only one that brings me Black Screen With Cursor BEFORE Log In something besides the black screen is system recovery In system recovery Startup Repair runs its course and does nothing System Restore does nothing because I have no restore points I know I know my bad System Image Recovery cannot find any system images Windows Memory Diagnostic simply restarts the computer and Command Prompt works seeing as when I click it it opens So from my own assumptions I think my hard drive is shot which is frustrating since I have only had this laptop for four months But I'm not positive about this and I do hope you all can help I've already had two prior laptops that had hard drive crashes within the first year I have looked at the other threads about this yet none of them have helped me because I do not own a Windows disc or any disc of that sort Is there any hope

A:Black Screen With Cursor BEFORE Log In

You can get into the Recovery Environment (RE) so all hope is not lost. In the RE, open the command prompt.Typediskpartand let Diskpart load.
Typelist diskand find the disk number corresponding the disk that your Windows system is on. It should be the only disk with a size attributed to it in a laptop.
Then typeselect disk 0assuming your disk number is 0 (mine is).
Now typelist partitionand make a note of which partition contains the operating system files (if you know what size your Windows partition is). Also make a note of whether there is a system reserved partition, usually with 100 or 200 MB in size. This is very important to get correct, so if you are not sure, ask us.
If you have a system reserved partition with a size in the 100-200 MB range, choose that partition. Otherwise, choose the partition containing the Windows files.
Typeselect partition 1assuming the partition containing the appropriate files is partition 1.
Typeactiveto mark that partition as active. This signifies that this partition which contains the boot/operating system files is now active.

Now try running startup repair three times with a reboot between each. Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218547-black-screen-cursor-before-log.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello good people My girlfriend downloaded some smiley faces for gmail i think it is smileys we love i guess screen, cursor only Black ! it was bundled with tuneup and other crap ware She has Toshiba laptop with windows x ultimate When she resumed with windows it happened only cursor and black screen with no option for ctrl-alt-del I have try ed rouge killer in command prompt and it Black screen, only cursor ! found some desktop icons hiding startups after deleting it same thing happened I tried safemode safemode with command prompt all the same Tryed boot fixing in windows repair and she didn't Black screen, only cursor ! have restore points enabled So i did this in repair windows command prompt Once in the Command Prompt In the command window type in notepad and press Enter The notepad opens Under File menu select Open Select Computer and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad In the command window type e frst for x bit version type e frst and press EnterNote Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive The tool will start to run When the tool opens be sure to put a checkmark in the box next to List BCD in the Optional Scan section and click Yes to disclaimer Press Scan button It will make a log FRST txt on the flash drive Please copy and paste it to your reply Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Black screen, only cursor ! Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT- OQEN on - - Running from H Windows Ultimate X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run TPwrMain - C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run HSON - C Program Files TOSHIBA TBS HSON exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run C Windows system V Ext ax - C Windows system RegSvr exe s C Windows system V Ext ax HKLM Run MSC - C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI - C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM-x Winlogon Userinit C Windows sysWOW userinit exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Policies Explorer NoFolderOptions HKLM-x Run ThreatFire - C Program Files x ThreatFire TFTray exe - - PC Tools HKLM-x Run TaskTray - x HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run C Windows SysWOW V Ext ax - C Windows System regsvr exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run AMD AVT - C Program Files x AMD AVT bin kdbsync exe - - HKLM-x Run mobilegeni daemon - C Program Files x Mobogenie DaemonProcess exe HKU Tanja Run - x HKU Tanja Run Google Update - C Users Tanja AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU Tanja Run NokiaSuite exe - C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Suite NokiaSuite exe - - Nokia Startup C Users Tanja AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Disabled Services Whitelisted S AMD FUEL Service C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc S ICQ Service C Program Files x ICQ Toolbar ICQ Service exe - - S LMIGuardianSvc C Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe - - LogMeIn Inc S LMIMaint C Program Files x LogMeIn x RaMaint exe - - LogMeIn Inc S LogMeIn C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe - - LogMeIn Inc S MsMpSvc C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe - - Microsoft Corporation S NeroMediaHomeService C Program Files x Nero Nero MediaHome NMMediaServerService exe - - Nero AG S NisSrv C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe - - Microsoft Corporation S OS Selector C Program Files x Acronis DiskDirector OSS reinstall svc exe - - S SBSDWSCService C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe - - Safer Networking Ltd S TemproMonitoringService C Program Files x Toshiba TEMPRO TemproSvc exe - - Toshiba Eur... Read more

A:Black screen, only cursor !

Topic closed at member's request.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516004/black-screen-only-cursor/
Relevancy 64.5%

after a power outtage, system has surge protector, it comes back up with the black screen and cursor. ctl-alt-del brings up task manager, but only after going to processes and selecting explorer does the login screen finally come up. googling brought up potential lsass not in windows (seemed bogus to me) and registry solutions like checking the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon key for being explorer. there are tons of suggestions, considering that my situation started with the power snap, is there a reliable way to check what my particular problem is and do the fix, instead of going down a bunch a dry holes?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244494-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Right now I have a black screen with cursor on my windows vista 64-bit home premium computer. Last night it started out by freezing up at the login screen and has only gotten worse since then. It doesn't appear as if the computer is booting in safe mode or normal mode. I want to go back to a restore point because I'm hoping an update has caused the problem, but don't know how to do that. Please help.

A:Black screen with cursor.

Okay, Do you have an Installation Disk?

Many Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281987-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I and cursor Black only screen need your help to get rid of a Black screen and cursor only nasty virus that is affecting my friend s laptop The laptop is running Vista home edition When it boots all i have at the end is a black screen and a cursor only Black screen and cursor only Can t do anything not even a CTRL-ALT-DELETE to access the task manager Same thing with SAFE MODE I have tried to boot with Hiren s boot CD Black screen and cursor only it boots well i tried to use some of the antivirus software that are included none worked I can t run HJT either I was able to see in the registry that i have this line of command in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon cmd exe k start cmd exe I have changed it for explorer exe When i reboot no success it rewrite itself in the registry I have no option except backing up and reinstall I have no option except backing up and reinstall I don t want to do it right now if a solution can be found Any help from you would be greatly appreciated I m posting a OTL log that i was able to generate Thanks for your help OTL logfile created on PM - Run OTLPE by OldTimer - Version Folder X Programs OTLPE Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack Version - Type System Internet Explorer Version Locale C C Country Canada Language FRC Date Format yyyy-MM-dd Gb Total Physical Memory Gb Available Physical Memory Memory free Gb Paging File Gb Available in Paging File Paging File free Paging file location s pagefile sys binary data SystemDrive C SystemRoot C Windows ProgramFiles C Program Files Drive C Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFS Drive D Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFS Drive X Mb Total Space Mb Free Space Space Free Partition Type CDFS Computer Name REATOGO User Name SYSTEM Boot Mode Normal Scan Mode All users Quick Scan Company Name Whitelist On Skip Microsoft Files On No Company Name Whitelist On File Age Days Using ControlSet ControlSet Win Services SafeList SRV - ---- M Google On Demand -- C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe -- GoogleDesktopManager- - SRV - ---- M Microsoft Corporation On Demand -- C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF WPFFontCache v exe -- WPFFontCache v SRV - ---- M Microsoft Corporation Auto -- C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe -- clr optimization v SRV - ---- M Vid otron Auto -- C Program Files Videotron Services de s curit Vid otron RpsSecurityAwareR exe -- Radialpoint Security Services SRV - ---- M Vid otron Auto -- C Program Files Videotron Services de s curit Vid otron Fws exe -- RP FWS SRV - ---- M Radialpoint Inc Auto -- C Program Files Videotron Videotron Service Agent ServicepointService exe -- ServicepointService SRV - ---- M AVG Technologies CZ s r o Auto -- C Program Files Videotron Services de s curit Vid otron AVG Identity Protection agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe -- RadialpointIDSAgent SRV - ---- M S C BitDefender S R L On Demand -- C Program Files Videotron Services de s curit Vid otron BitDefender scan dll -- scan SRV - ---- M Raxco Software Inc On Demand -- C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDEngine exe -- PDEngine SRV - ---- M Raxco Software Inc On Demand -- C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDAgent exe -- PDAgent SRV - ---- M Microsoft Corporation Auto -- C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe -- SeaPort SRV - ---- M Microsoft Corporation Auto -- C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll -- WinDefend SRV - ---- M Sony Corporation On Demand -- C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib MSCSPTISRV exe -- MSCSPTISRV SRV - ---- M Sony Corporation On Demand -- C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SPTISRV exe -- SPTISRV SRV - ---- M On Demand -- C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib PACSPTISVR exe -- PACSPTISVR SRV - ---- M Macrovision Corporation On Demand -- C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe -- IDriverT Driver Services SafeList DRV - File not found... Read more

A:Black screen and cursor only

Case closed. Reformated and reinstalled OS.
Tks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366187/black-screen-and-cursor-only/
Relevancy 64.5%

Sometimes i see black screen with cursor and keybord doesn't work. But sometimes my laptop starts after black screen and works normally. I installed only wifi driver . how to fix it ??

http://apk4app.com

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Black-screen-with-cursor/td-p/5653709
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys, so after the welcome, only the cursor shows up and the screen is black. I tried to open explorer using the task manager but an error message shows up saying it cant find any file named explorer, same thing for regedit. When I open the regedt32 using the browse button it just disappears. I dont have the cd to reset the window and I have no idea how to do it. Can any help me please?
Oh and can you guys use simple words cause im a total newbie.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Follow steps mentioned on this tutorial:

Then see if this thread helps you:
Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Post back for further suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249542-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My desktop is not booting back up. I have powered down and restarted....all that happens is a black the HP menu comes up with F10, F11, start menu then it goes to a all balck screen with fast blinking cursor in the top left hand corner - correction running Windows Vista not XP
Thanks in advance for any help

A:Nothing but black screen and cursor

Hi and welcome to TSF see here for troubleshooting steps What to do if Windows won't start correctly

I have moved you to the win7 vista forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nothing-but-black-screen-and-cursor-670567.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey everyone.

My mom has a BIG problem with her compture.

My brother was trying to update the PDF reader from adobe and it got to 98% and froze. He tried to hit the cancel and he rebooted into a black screen with a cursor that moves.

He tried to boot into safe mode, but every option leads back to the black screen with the cursor.

He tried to find a restore point, but he states that there were no restore points created.
The computer is Vista premium I believe and it is an HP desktop...about one year old.

Thanks

Let me know what other information you need..

Mike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-cursor.814942/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys, I am new at this page but I know a lot of stuff about PCs etc. But I have a problem I can't solve for weeks now.
First I open my pc and it loads normally.
Then after it loads the Windows logo I get a black screen with the cursor, I can move that. It stays like 30 seconds like that and then loads.
Any idea please?

A:Black Screen with cursor

Cursor?? You mean mouse pointer I assume? Is it before or after logon?

logoff to welcome screen. Then logon again (preferable as another user). Same issue?
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup So boot with almost nothing running. Same problem? Revert back to normal boot afterwards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353129-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I m new to Windows former Mac user I have an MSI GT DOMINATOR PRO- laptop specs below running Windows When I tried to wake it from sleep yesterday I got a black screen with no cursor When I restarted same result After minutes the fans start running loudly The quot GPU quot button lights up which I never noticed before I don t understand it well but apparently No everything Cursor to tried Screen I with Black PCs: - (?) New it is for selecting discrete GPU New to PCs: Black Screen with No Cursor - I tried everything (?) or UMA GPU mode Glows when discrete GPU mode is selected Tried using the button No good I researched and tried the following solutions with no positive results Removing all devices and restarting Failed nbsp -No beeps or sounds Just black Connecting to an external monitor TV Failed Booting in Safe Mode Failed nbsp -Holding Shift when turning off nbsp - or Esc Power to restart nbsp - or Shift Power nbsp - or Windows Key Power nbsp - or F Power nbsp - or F Power apparently won t work with SSD nbsp - or Shift F Power Power Cycling Failed The battery in my laptop cannot be removed I did however disconnect it from the power plug and pressed the pinhole quot Battery Reset quot button underneath Blind Login Failed I do not have a password set so I tried the following in case the login screen was simply hidden nbsp -Ctrl and Enter nbsp -Space and Enter nbsp -Alt and Enter Boot from USB Failed I downloaded Windows Disc Image to put on a USB stick However my only other computer is a Mac The OS is older so this version of Boot Camp Assistant doesn t give me an option to create a bootable USB I m out of options and know-how and patience Please let me know what else I can do Thanks Intel Core i - HQ GHz MB Cache GB DDR L MHz TB RPM Hard Drive GB M Solid-State Drive -inchNVIDIA Geforce GTX M with GB GDDR VRAM

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158034.0.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Whenever explorer.exe crashes, I log off and log on again, although this used to fix the problem, now when I log in again, it shows a black screen with the mouse cursor. How can I restore my desktop, I have tried a method in which you use task manager, but this does not work for me? thanks in advance

when explorer.exe crashes off dont log off and log in...just press ctrl+shift+esc..this will open task manager and choose new task option from file menu and enter "explorer.exe"..your problem will be solved...try this and tell me..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-cursor.969580/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi
After removing a trojan with Avira Rescue System CD my laptop,I see only a black screen and cursor when the computer boots.The computer Installed some new updates.
Please help!

Did the computer work AFTER you used Avira Rescue and BEFORE the updates?What updates were installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552433/black-screen-with-cursor/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a dell sr vostro I have Vista Home Basic with service pack installed Recently my computer told me that I needed to install some important updates and when I did then my computer refused to reboot I can get to the screen where I can chose to boot into getting screen am cursor black a I a with safe mode I am getting a black screen with a cursor and safe mode with networking ect ect but after it loads the files then I get a black screen with a white cursor that I can move around and that's it I can perform all of the tests that are in the F menu I have even performed tests on my monitor and everything was fine I cannot do the control alt delete action to bring up the task manager My monitor seems fine but at the end of the test it says that my monitor is out of range I cannot get to my desktop or even to the welcome screen I have tried to restore my computer to the last known good configuration and it does nothing I don't know what's wrong Please someone help me All of my personal files and pictures are on this hard drive I cant lose them I have surfed the web and I have tried everything that I found and NOTHING works what do I need to do please let me know Thanks for your time and effort

A:I am getting a black screen with a cursor

Please remove you email address from your post.

Can you boot into Safe Mode seeing as you get the option or do you get the black screen even then?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350113-i-am-getting-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

When I start my computer it all goes fine until the windows loading screen disappears. Then it just shows me a black screen and the cursor. The keyboard and mouse respond (can turn num lock on and off) but nothing happens when I try CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
Same thing in safe mode and using Last known good config nor system restore helps.
No error message, nothing.
And it reboots by itself after about 1-2 mins.
The Startup Repair on the install CD doesn't find anything either.

Need someone to help me find the source.

This problem just appeared when I tried to start my computer this morning and the thing is: I didn't mess with anything yesterday.

Please Help.

Relevancy 64.5%

Have windows 7 home premium updated with most recent patches etc. In the last week I haven't installed any software or made any system changes.

After 5 - 15 minutes of use, my screen is going black while the PC stays on. I changed the video card and it still happens so that is not the issue. It does not happen in safe mode. Something is triggering this black screen with no cursor or ability to reset , ctrl alt delete, etc. I have to hold down the power button on my box to restart the computer.

Does anyone have ideas on next steps I could take to try and solve this? Before doing a brand new win 7 install ? given it starts in safe mode, im trying to figure out what is causing this...
Thanks very much,

Joe

A:Black screen , no cursor, PC Still on ?

Hello and welcome Joe mate try running these in safe mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option2 if necessary

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346836-black-screen-no-cursor-pc-still.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I was running Windows on one pair of RAID wd raptors and ubuntu on a separate wd hardrive I had been using primarily windows Ive been running this for some time both OS used ubuntus GRUB bootloader and had been working fine One day i booted up and GRUB froze at quot starting up quot for Windows Ubuntu still worked fine I tried booting from several Windoes install disks and repair disks cannot even get to repair options each time they would all hang after the logo on a black screen with cursor screen Black cursor that i could move around Following instructions on some thread i found i flashed my BIOS and set settings to default After re-enabling raid on the pair of windows hard drives in the bios tried Black screen cursor again same result black screen and cursor Ubuntu install disk boots fine BIOS recognizes all hard drives Raid utility sees a healthy array Am very lost need my computer very much for work please any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Specs Evga nforce i SLI mainboard Evga GTX gfx card Intel QX processor SATA plextor Black screen cursor dvd drives g corsair ddr ram nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-cursor.909831/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am getting a black screen with a cursor with Screen cursor Black appears to be a Here is the FRST LOG Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT- EQEPT on - - Running from H Platform Windows Home Premium X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Program Files Black Screen with cursor Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run ITSecMng gt C Program Files TOSHIBA Bluetooth Toshiba Stack ItSecMng exe - - TOSHIBA CORPORATION HKLM Run MGSysCtrl gt C Program Files System Control Manager MGSysCtrl exe - - Micro-Star International Co Ltd HKLM Run ArcSoft Connection Service gt C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe - - ArcSoft Inc HKLM Run Conime gt windir system conime exe HKLM Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - Black Screen with cursor - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run EKIJ StatusMonitor gt C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X EKIJ MUI exe - - Eastman Kodak Company HKLM Run EKStatusMonitor gt C Program Files Kodak AiO StatusMonitor EKStatusMonitor exe - - Eastman Kodak Company HKU Beata Run msnmsgr gt C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Beata Run Google Update gt C Users Beata AppData Black Screen with cursor Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU wiktor Beata-msi Run msnmsgr gt C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU wiktor Beata-msi Run Google Update gt C Users Beata AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU wiktor Beata-msi Run Exetender gt C Program Files Free Ride Games GPlayer exe runonstartup HKU wiktor Beata-msi Run SearchProtect gt C Users wiktor Beata-msi AppData Roaming SearchProtect bin cltmng exe AppInit DLLs C PROGRA SearchProtect SearchProtect bin VC Loader dll gt C Program Files SearchProtect SearchProtect bin VC Loader dll - - Search Protect Startup C Users Beata AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk ShortcutTarget OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk - gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE Microsoft Corporation Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S ACDaemon C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe - - ArcSoft Inc S avp C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO S CltMngSvc C Program Files SearchProtect Main bin CltMngSvc exe - - Search Protect S ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager IAM C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe - - S Kodak AiO Network Discovery Service C Program Files Kodak AiO Center EKAiOHostService exe - - Eastman Kodak Company S Kodak AiO Status Monitor Service C Program Files Kodak AiO StatusMonitor EKPrinterSDK exe - - Eastman Kodak Company S Micro Star SCM C Program Files System Control Manager MSIService exe - - Micro-Star International Co Ltd S nSvcIp C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe - - S WinDefend C Program Files Windows Defender mpsvc dll - - Microsoft Corporation S SkypeUpdate C Program Files Skype Updater Updater exe X Drivers Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S ArcSoftKsUFilter C Windows System ... Read more

A:Black Screen with cursor

No Safe mode or last known config either

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569616/black-screen-with-cursor/
Relevancy 64.5%

Problem has been an ongoing issue I have never bother to try to fix it It only happens to though. ALWAYS Still see Black cursor Screen, HAPPENS my desktop It has now been occuring for well over months It seems to always appear Black Screen, Still see cursor though. ALWAYS HAPPENS or show symtoms after my computer is left on for days The symtom tends to appear around the third day or after I will come back from work or some other place and i Black Screen, Still see cursor though. ALWAYS HAPPENS will click around to get the monitor to wake up I don't make my computer go to hybernate mode or sleep quite sure i don't make it go to sleep i think i have it set up to turn off the monitor after minutes The screen will be on just black I see a flickering mouse Black Screen, Still see cursor though. ALWAYS HAPPENS curson on the screen though just blinking flickering Can't see icons or anything else Only command that does work is CTRL ALT DELETE Brings up that other menu window screen I can see it just fine no flickering or anything alike As soon as i click on any of the options and that screen is gone it does the same once more My temporary solution so far has been holding down the power button and shutting it down There are more issues that also appear over time when my computer is left on for days I hope i am understandable never been good at describing Anyone care to take a crack at it I consider myself very knowledgeble on computers so any information you guys need i think i should be able to provide it quick and fast My Specs Quote System Manufacturer Model Number Gateway Slight Modifications OS Windows Ultimate X CPU AMD Phenom X e Motherboard Gateway RS Memory GB X DDR Graphics Card s ATI HD Sound Card N A Integrated Monitor s Displays Gateway quot Screen Resolution x Hard Drives WD GB WD GB WD GB PSU Antec BP watts Case Antec

A:Black Screen, Still see cursor though. ALWAYS HAPPENS

Hello Chris,

Try these repairs:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Startup Repair

Also, look for updates. You might want to add drivers to the update list (this will automatically tell you what drivers you are missing): Device Installation Settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/205553-black-screen-still-see-cursor-though-always-happens.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am running Windows Enterprise N Bit operating system We have had several Windows boxes IT staff computers at that go to black screen with a cursor after rebooting we can press CTRL ALT DEL but it then goes straight to a black screen with mouse only We were able to use with Screen Cursor Black a restore point fix it but that approach on other boxes either didn t work or they didn Black Screen with Cursor t have any restore points several were just recently setup over the past month Errors a plenty on the boxes that haven t been restarted including cannot access MMC windows update fails due to the service not running and if they can Black Screen with Cursor get to the services they won t restart as access is denied Windows update history is blank All users are local admins most are actually domain admins The first system error that was seen was - quot The Windows Modules Installer service terminated with the following error Access is denied quot The next followed by all of these - quot Unable to initialize the filter host process Terminating quot repeating every few minutes - Windows Error Reporting Windows Update Failure including path below C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportQueue NonCritical c acf f f f e e a c cab fcff - quot The Windows UPdate service terminated with the following error - quot repeating every few minutes - quot The server SID Black Screen with Cursor did not register with DCOM within the required timeout quot - quot The Software Protection service failed to start due to the following error did not respond timely fashion quot We are not sure if this is a Windows Update issue or a virus malware Please if you have a solution Please help Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-cursor.992883/
Relevancy 64.5%

hello everyone my daughter s hp g laptop ran into a problem over the weekend - it boots to a blackscreen with only the mouse cursor showing as soon as the touchpad is touched the screen and the cursor fade to dim the computer still seems active cursor _ screen try? black with what to else and working - the wireless button still responds and the mouse cursor can move on the screen i have tried ctrl-alt-delete no response shift five times no response except for some disk black screen with cursor _ what else to try? activity no response to any of the keys except for sleep safe mode is the same thing - black screen with cursor no response to ctl-alt-delete or any other key combination that black screen with cursor _ what else to try? i could find all other startup modes under F - no change hard reset - holding power button down for sec to minutes with battery and ac power cord removed recovery console - startup repair - no problem detected recovery console - system restore - no change also connected to external monitor by VGA then by HDMI cables - those screens were also black with mouse cursor my son s laptop is identical - i tried swapping hard drives and the problem moved with the drive i used his computer to build a windows repair disk and booted from it to run chkdsk r and sfc scannow offline mode both fault and report that there are corrupted files chkdsk r completes without any errors sfc verifyonly reports that winpe bmp and schema dat files are corrupted i was able to perform a data backup from the repair manager - i could do a complete reinstall but that takes a lot of time to get all the software re-installed and updated this seems like a simple problem since the laptop still boots and windows tries to start but i can t find the fix thanks very much for the help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-cursor-_-what-else-to-try.993615/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys!

I am new to this forum. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CR120E. Right now, when I start the laptop, after loading, I can only see a black screen with a cursor. I remember vaguely that there was a virus infection (antivirus av) that I was trying to get rid of but when I restarted, I have the black screen. I have backup of files so any solution that would involve memory loss is ok. i also have the sony vaio recovery media kit which comes in 3 cds. I am not a computer expert so if you can explain it in simple terms, thanks! again any help will be much appreciated. Please help, I have no budget for a new computer or laptop.

Thank you very much.

A:HELP! Black Screen with cursor only

Hi and welcome to TSF is this a vista or win 7 os or is it xp as under your sig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-black-screen-with-cursor-only-554724.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello forum
Thanks for taking a look at my boot up issue.
Win7 (64 bit) will not boot into regular or safe mode, after log in I get
a black screen w / cursor, and that is it. I believe the registry is corrupted.
I attempted a repair with the win7 disk, that did not help.
Is there a fix?

Thanks all
JP

Update....I searched the forum for this particular issue an found several instances of this exact problem.....not one solution however. Is there really no fix other then reinstallation of the OS? That seems really odd!

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505. My son was on the internet when the computer just shut down to a black screen with cursor. I'm unable to do anything at this screen. I've done research on the board and cannot recover from this screen.

My main concern now is to recover data from my hard drive. I found post to use puppy to recover my data but I cannot burn a disc as I only have another netbook with no cd rom. Is there a way to recover my data?

I've tried running Bios and changed the sequence for booting devices... nothing works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-cursor.963661/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello all I have a HP dv series laptop gb with an upgraded video card I'm running Windows home premium bit I've had the computer for six months and have had no problems up until now I had it set to sleep when I closed the lid I opened Screen, Black no cursor, on my own it up and Black Screen, no cursor, on my own it Black Screen, no cursor, on my own seemed to come to life fans running etc but the screen remained black After trying a few things I shut it down Now when I start it the following things happen -I have a black screen no cursor no beeps no other sounds nothing I tried putting in my password without seeing the screen but it does not respond -The hard drive spins for a few seconds then stops -the fan runs constantly -the caps lock and wireless lights stay on -the cd tray ejects and seeks discs normally -the power light and logo lights stay on -the fingerprint scanner does not light up but the keyboard backlight control responds normally I am away from home and will be returning in a couple of days when I can try to reinstall stuff from the CDs In the meantime has anyone else encountered this problem Thank you kindly in advance

A:Black Screen, no cursor, on my own

After the initial panic wore off I more thoroughly checked various blog posts and found one that seemed to describe my problem exactly. I tried the fix and it worked!

Here's what to do:

1. Make sure the computer is unplugged
2. Take out the battery
3. Open the laptop and hold down the power button for 30 to 60 seconds
4. Leave the battery out and connect the power adaptor
5. Power on
6. If it all works, then power off and feel free to reconnect your battery

I'm not computer-savvy enough to know what this did, but it worked. I hope it works for others, too!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169459-black-screen-no-cursor-my-own.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I am at a complete loss for my problem I ve searched the forums and none of them pertain to my problem personally I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista -bit cursor NO screen with Black Details leading up to the problem I was working with Microsoft word when my computer went dead I plugged it in and it started to Black screen with NO cursor load It loads the Dell screen then goes to the Microsoft loading screen However after the Microsoft screen it just goes black It won t go to the login screen There is no cursor just black I can hear it running but it won t boot up Also the num lock light goes off I have tried everything I can think of Starting from the windows vista CD F F all the options in F I tried doing a start up repair and it says quot this may take over an hour quot I left it on overnight and when I got up in the morning it was still on the same start up repair screen Interestingly Black screen with NO cursor when Black screen with NO cursor I tried to cancel it said quot cannot cancel quot So I had to just turn it off I tried safe mode and it loads to a certain point and then stops I think that point is crcdisk sys but I can confirm this later I found a forum from that had seemingly the same problem Another person replied that they were having the same problem also However this forum has expired Is this repairable something I can do do I need to take it somewhere I have no clue who I really would appreciate ANY insight to this problem I don t won t to spend a ton of money on something that can t be fixed if I just need to buy a new computer mine is only years old nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should do plz suggest me.
Thank u in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33587-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am having trouble trying to fix this black screen and cursor problem. No matter what i do it stays the same black screen and cursor. only thing i can change is having safe mode in the corners. can somebody please help me with this? i really dont want to lose everything on it.
thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

XP Pro sp3

Machine froze and would not reboot. Only get a blank screen with a cursor.

I booted with CD and entered recovery console. I ran command fixboot and fixmbr still no joy.

I think that I have a rootkit infection and need some help flushing it out.

A:Black Screen Cursor Only

after following a similar topic on this forum I downloaded and ran the xPUD feature to that the status of the mbr could be determined. I am ready to forward the resulting mbr.bin file

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413749/black-screen-cursor-only/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Everyone I m Having some problem with my computer its been a week tried everything i could My computer is showing black screen with cursor i cant access to safe mode or anything else comes back to the same process with black screen with cursor This Is what i did So far Tried Removing the Memory since have two gb memory ram pressed shift times and nothing showd up Removed all the usb s wires are connected to the Cursor Screen With :( Black pc Tried system Restore but it getz me an error System restore failed due to an unspecified error catastrophic failure x FFFF Star up errors fix gt Problem event Name Startup Repair V gt Problem Signature external media gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature no boot failure gt Problem Signature no root cause gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature Black Screen With Cursor :( gt Problem Signature Wrp Repair gt Problem Signature gt Os version gt Local ID Plz Guys Help Me I dont wanna loose the Data Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I am using a Dell Inspirion M5040 with windows 7. After I log in my screen goes black with the white moveable mouse cursor. Help please need for work !! Thanks!

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello guys,
Firstly I want to apologize if there is such thread. I really stuck in finding solution to my problem. Here is my problem:
I get blackscreen while working(the display just turns black). It seems that the computer hibernates or goes sleeping, but there is no way I could wake him up, the only way to get it working again is restart the notebook. I thought it was video related problem. I have Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express, updated to the latest drivers, but still no luck. So finally I think the issiu is related to Windows 7 ( I am using the professional version). Hope someone could help me.
Regards,
Nikolay

A:Black screen with no cursor

Quote: Originally Posted by nikolayjs

Hello guys,
Firstly I want to apologize if there is such thread. I really stuck in finding solution to my problem. Here is my problem:
I get blackscreen while working(the display just turns black). It seems that the computer hibernates or goes sleeping, but there is no way I could wake him up, the only way to get it working again is restart the notebook. I thought it was video related problem. I have Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express, updated to the latest drivers, but still no luck. So finally I think the issiu is related to Windows 7 ( I am using the professional version). Hope someone could help me.
Regards,
Nikolay

Is the monitor going into standby mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/70649-black-screen-no-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

When I turn on my Vista Laptop it is normal, but after I sign in it gives me a warning that says something like "Application failed to open correctly. Select OK to terminate."
Then the screen turns solid black, but the mouse is still responsive.
The Windows Start key doesn't do anything, but Ctrl+Alt+Del works. I have opened Task Manager and clicked New task, but when I tried to open a program I got the same error message. The programs do open though, if after I click "New Task..." i click browse and then right click a program and select "Run as Administrator." I am using this computer to write this right now; it seems normal, just with no desktop or task bar, and the only way to open anything is with the above method, which wastes a lot of time.

Please Help, Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297419-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

after toshiba in center of screen it goes black the it reads
Intel undi, Pxe-2.1(build 0820)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corp.
For Realtek Rtl 8139(x)/8130/810x PC1 Fast Eathernet controller V2.17(051202)
PXE-E61 Media test Failure, check Cable
PXE-M0F Exiting PXE ROM
operating system not found
Please help Thank you

A:black screen w/ cursor

To me it sounds like possibly the hard drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-w-cursor.1012713/
Relevancy 64.5%

Alright so this is where the problem started This is from another forum I posted on quot So I started a CHK DSK scan restarted my computer and started it It was taking a while like a couple hours so I let it be I just got home and it was at my profile login page and it said something about failing so I tried to log on and it kept saying something about it failing so I restarted It went to restart and it blue screens around the time the Vista loading screen starts I reset my BIOS and Fail-Safe settings and no luck quot Then I tried repairing with the OS DVD helped it got me past the Vista loading screen but now my computer just sits at a black lit screen with my cursor I tried Safe Mode and got Cursor With Black Screen the same result And then I Black Screen With Cursor tried following this guide http www logicitc com blog p and it didn't help And now I'm still stuck with a black lit screen with a movable cursor after the Vista loading screen I tried system Black Screen With Cursor restoring with the DVD but I don't think it showed any previous points I have a backup drive that I backed up with Acronis but when I backed up my GB drive it's showing a GB file but I'm either using GB or that's how much my is giving Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello guys =) Hope any could help me with this problem
I got a acer laptop (8920) and everytime i try it on, it stop ''when'' the vista logon should come, so its only black screen with the cursor, i cant open task manager, either in safemode its the same =(
But on i spam f8 at the start when i turn on my computer i come to System recovery Options, the command prompt work there but all the other thing like repair, restore etc etc wont work.
But sometimes someting strange happen =P When i try on my pc its a little chance that acer deluxe arcade come up for no reson, but when i exit it, the pc turns off or get the hyperdjnhi dident remmeber =( So could someone help please? If you know the problem and where it come from tell =)

A:Help, Black screen and cursor only?

Hi and welcome to TSF if you have a install or recovery disc you can try running a repair from it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-black-screen-and-cursor-only-451500.html
Relevancy 64.5%

co worker asked with help screen cursor black me to help her fix her comp without erasing anything on the hard drive cause nothings backed up The subject black screen with cursor help says it all about the main issue so having an issue getting stuck on a black screen with flashing cursor right after bios runs its memory tests I cannot enter bios or windows just get stuck on this screen Only thing I have successfully been able to do is boot off a windows XP CD So far I have removed the hard drive and connected to my PC so I can run a virus scan it had several viruses which I have removed but that didn't fix the issue I also fixed a short beep message from the mobo by replacing the ram with new ram and replacing the cmos battery as well might not be connected with the black screen issue but there was an issue with those so I am mentioning it as well Any help would be greatly appreciated and remember suggestions of reformatting and re installing windows or using a past restore point will not help me Any new info comes up I ll post it here edit also would like to mention that black screen with cursor help trying to call up the task manager wont work cause Windows isn't loaded yet Also I do not think there anymore issues with any hardware simply because I have the same issue if I connect the hard drive into my PC wont boot up and stuck on black screen black screen with cursor help with flashing cursor I've Google in the problem and so far I've read many solutions for some people but non of them apply to my situation

A:black screen with cursor help

If you cannot boot to BIOS, you have a hardware problem. I think you probably can boot to BIOS, because you can boot from a CD, but you need to actually do this in order to be certain. There's is no point in pursuing other avenues until access to BIOS is verified.

From the XP disk, run "chkdsk /r". You might get lucky, have chkdsk fix the Master Boot Record and everything works after that.

You need access to BIOS in order to see if the hard drive is recognized. If it's not, there's nothing that can be done to the HD.

Post specs of the Power Supply, as well as temps and voltages as reported in BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-with-cursor-help-590938.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Seems to be a fairly common problem but I have a few difference than some of the posts I've read...

Did a full system scan and did a reboot. I then got the black screen but I can move my cursor and access any programs through the task manager.. (currently am typing this message with a black screen in the background)

So unlike other posts:
I have a cheap toshiba with no disc drive with no install disc
also my graphic card works fine...

I apologize if this is an incomplete post but I don't know much about PCs and I don't particularly want to get a new laptop....

A:black screen with cursor... different I think

Welcome to SF, Hagberd.

You said your graphics card works fine. Do you have the latest driver installed?

Why were you running a systems scan?

Lemur

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/121342-black-screen-cursor-different-i-think.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hello...i have install software yeshield from http://yesshield.com/ ...after i restart it....my laptop have black screen with cursor only after 'welcome' screen....how to fix it....,.i recently do restore point and this is not solved my problem...
Sorry for my broken english....

A:black screen with cursor only

"yeshield.com" seems to not be a valid website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265762-black-screen-cursor-only.html
Relevancy 64.5%

So I have an old Dell 4400 with XP, and it loads with the progress bar and the fans are runnig then I have a black screen with cursor. I can load safe mode but the same black sreen happens with a moveable cursor.
Can anyone help????? Please.

There are four yellowish lights on the back.

I just mastered the bios screen but it asks me to enter my password evertime I boot it up. Can I change this and How???

I have been reading posts and trying everything.
I don't have the money to replace anything, so give me a cost free solution. HAHA. J/K. Just give me what you got!!!!

Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello people Recently I ve reinstalled Cursor with Screen Black my OS due to some Black Screen with Cursor performance issues The problem Black Screen with Cursor is after I install my graphics card driver system just wont start up A black screen apears with cursor after windows loading screen Cursor dissapears for a second when I hit some keys then reappears Tried to install diffrent versions of driver but still got the same problem My specs are GA- GM-USB Motherboard with Latest Bios AMD FX- Quad-Core Proccesor Sapphire HD Graphics Card Gb Ram Windows Ultimate bit Already tried quot ctrl alt delete quot solution Computer restarted in safe mode giving a crash report which says Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem D Windows Minidump - - dmp D Users ER AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline D Windows system en-US erofflps txt Here are the files that contain the description of the problem http www filedropper com wer- - sysdata http www filedropper com - - nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-cursor.1156275/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1200, Win Xp Home... older laptop.
I've tried reinstalling windows, went threw all steps, reboots..windows screen loads then it goes black with the cursor again. Every now and then the cursor will change to laoding but nothing ever loads. I just want to get my pictures of the laptop without having to go spend a bunch of money. I've read several threads about doing a repair when booting from cd but i don't see a repair anywhere. I'm pretty good with computers most of the time so any suggestions on how to get this running so i can get my stuff of it would be great! Please & Thanks!

A:Black Screen can see the cursor!

Hi and welcome to TSF see the info here Advanced troubleshooting for general startup problems in Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-can-see-the-cursor-567527.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey everyone, I'm new here and having some weird issues with my PC. As the title reads, I am randomly having a black screen with just a cursor on it and there is nothing I can do (that I am aware of) to leave this screen, except for a cold power down.

I initially thought this might be some form of a malware and I spent some time at another forum trying to solve the problem. But according to them, I do not have any malware and they think that this could possibly be hardware related. Here is the thread from there, in case this information is of any use: Spyware Warrior :: View topic - Black Screen With Cursor

I'm not sure what is going on or what to do about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Black Screen With Cursor

Most likely a hard drive issue but impossible to say more without knowing your hardware or make and model of PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-cursor-773042.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I noticed my home page was changed to a different site every time I tried to access the Internet so I downloaded and ran malaware. It detected 70 items. I hit quarantine and restarted as directed. Now after the laptop starts and I login my screen is black with a cursor that moves. I have a lenovo laptop running windows 7. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Black Screen with Cursor After Log in

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -
Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
Close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Checkmark the following boxes:
• Flush DNS
• Report IE Proxy Settings
• Reset IE Proxy Settings
• Report FF Proxy Settings
• Reset FF Proxy Settings
• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).

Next -
Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/
* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.
When the scan is done Notepad will open with Rkill log.
Post it in your next reply.

NOTE. RKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536766/black-screen-with-cursor-after-log-in/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi. I hope someone can help me with this problem.

I left my computer on last Thursday when I went to work as I usually do. When I came home the screen was black with a cursor in the top left corner.

I tried rebooting, turning it off and on... Window 7 just won't load. I do not have a reboot disk or even a Windows 7 disk as it came already loaded on my computer. I think I made a back up disk but don't remember if I actually did. (If I did, I cannot find it.)

I am not completely computer stupid, but also I would never claim to be an expert either. I have never seen this happen before but from the other posts, it seems that it does.

Is this caused from a virus or is this a Windows 7 issue and how can I fix it? My computer is only a few months old......

Have you tried tapping the F8 key rapidly right after the BIOS splash screen disappears?
That should get you a menu that says "Repair this computer" at the top of the selections list (next will be "Safe Mode").

If that doesn't work, then use Option 2 in this post to make a Startup Repair disk: System Repair Disc - Create

Then use this post to run Startup Repair: Startup Repair
If the above procedure doesn't fix the black screen, then try the System Restore option in Startup Repair - and set the system back to a point well before this issue happened.

If that doesn't work you'll be best off backing up your stuff (by slaving your hard drive to another system) and then wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Windows.
If that doesn't work, then try these free, bootable diagnostics:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/121510-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hi im having trouble with an acer laptop it worked fine yesterday and today went to turn it on and nothing it starts to load but shows now windows logo ontop the goes into a black screen. ive tried to make it run in safe mode and doesnt give me that option as ssoon as he little bar goes away the screen remains black no mouse cursor no anything i have to shut it off and turn it back on please respond quickly i need it for work

A:HELP PLEASE black screen no cursor

It could be the hard drive. Any noise before the problem?
Also turn on your speakers. Any Windows chimes etc on boot?
Make sure there are no CDs in the drive.
We will respond as quickly as possible. We are all volunteers trying our best.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290558-help-please-black-screen-no-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month.
After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3
shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other
drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time auto fix did not
fix. Advanced to system restore. Worked once. I was on a special project,
feared same problem, so I left computer on for 2 weeks, no problem. Then
was forced to restart with update. black screen and now no fixes work, no
restore points. Current status - active cursor, notification windows pop up
over a black screen, addressing second monitor with blind keystrokes on and
off works (evadenced by cursor), task manager opens (ctrl alt del) and
seems fully functional. Lots of functions in task manager show stopped.
Seems like desktop is there but screen is black. Any possible fix through
task manager or by keystrokes?? Help!!

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44612-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello anybody who might be reading this I've come across what appears to be a canonical error but I'm having trouble taking any steps to address it I'm running a VAIO laptop w XP Media Center SP After having some nasty malware issues laptop was running alright for about a week Today suddenly programs amp processes started dying suddenly and I noticed in tskmgr that I was running a sqlserver exe screen Black w/ cursor which I'm pretty sure I wasn't running and noticed winlogun exe which appears to be a Trojan I turned off my wireless card and Black screen w/ cursor reboot intending to run Malwarebytes but came across the black screen of death Can't run in safe mode - also get cursor safe mode tags but no ability to run anything including task mgr on ctl-alt-del b Safe mode w networking or command prompt doesn't work and neither does running in VGA Reset BIOS to default settings and no good I would try to run an XP repair but I don't have an O S CD Any ideas on what I should try Thanks Also I'm sorry if I left out anything that would be useful to know

A:Black screen w/ cursor

run hijackthis

http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-...-10227353.html

and then run Chkdsk

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-w-cursor-323179.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I am new to this forum joined so i could post this plea for help so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place Every once in a while when I wake up and turn on my monitor it is just black That starts me worrying So I lift up my laptop lid screen and expect to see the HDD password prompt Most of the With Black Cursor Screen time I can put in my password stuff and boot into windows You see Black Screen With Cursor I have the Black Screen With Cursor windows updates set to install and reboot as needed Today was a little different Today after the password stuff I saw the usual windows booting up bar thing Normally shortly after that disappears I am greeted by my backdrop and login prompt Today instead of the login prompt I just get a black screen with the mouse pointer Odd So I think hmm lets wait for it to maybe do something so I leave it for a while No signs of life Tried booting with f - last good safe mode safe mode command safe mode vga etc No joy - still same black screen with cursor I think windows is at a stage just prior to the login prompt I get into the bios and put cd dvd rom as first boot I decrypt the truecrypted system partition with my truecrypt rescue disk That worked fine I put in my downloaded windows bit recovery disk Note - dell do not supply users with an installation disk for windows bit Hence the downloaded recovery disk Due to similar issues with widows updates I have used this recovery disk with success in the recent past I select us keyboard and see windows home premium as c os I try the option on that screen to use a previous image No joy I select my one and only windows install ie windows home premium as cs I try automated repair It says searching for problems and then start up repair could not detect a problem oh I try system restore - since a lot of stuff i use auto creates restore points i should have loads of them from quite recently - great stuff No restore points found I try restore from previous back up None found There probably are none but work a look I try launch command line - YAY I get the x cmd window change to c and I see my install of windows - great I try bootrec exe fixmbr bootrec exe fixboot They work No joy - still got the same black screen with pointer I try chkdsk r That runs fine No joy I try rstrui exe - no restore points found I believe there are restore points or a point because there is something in - c system volume information system restore Please help I would love to use a previous restore point Failing that just login prompt as normal My other PC's got rebooted by auto update over night but they are working ok I have had problems with mcafee updates doing something similar but atm i am pointing my finger at ms Any thoughts anyone

Lets try to do a sfc /scannow at boot

SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

You should run Startup Repair at least 3 times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285993-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Everybody Screen Cursor Black With About days ago I turned on my computer to find it wouldn't load into Windows Not usually an issue as its Windows and minor bugs are to be expected So I switched it off and on again thank you IT Crowd hoping it would work as normal But it ran a windows memory diagnostic which Im sure is what happens after you get a blue screen I came back to it about hours later painting my new House but it froze and crashed Black Screen With Cursor so I turned it off once more and ran it again it advised me Black Screen With Cursor that windows could not fix the problem with the startup Straight after this I instantly assumed it was a virus or malware so I tried to boot in safe mode then safe mode with networking then safemode with command prompt I'm not bad with a pc and this is the method I used on my friends Vista PC last month to clean her Virus and PUPs off I just ran rkill and mbam Every time I did this on my computer the computer would run through BIOS bleep at me and the Black Screen With Cursor Windows safe mode screen black with white text would load then when it had finished would go blank black again and would show just the cursor it would move but that was it I dug around online at work a bit and tried to use windows offline defender on a cd and booted ok with that I then ran a scan and it didn't find anything I tried to restart the computer again but still no luck I did some more digging and used a programme called FRST on Flash Drive and I have a text File of results but dont even know what any of it means I've had the computer since I Think and in that time I have upgraded to from Vista and wiped the entire PC to reinstall once I've only upgraded the PSU added a few RAM sticks a fan and the GPU so am sure its not hardware Ive only been using it recently to listen to music as I'm decorating and play a little Battlefield and the only programme I remember updating was Java on the desktop toolbar and adobe as a startup popup I've heard that Java can be susceptible to infiltration Is there anything anybody can do or suggest I Know I could just install windows again but I havnt backed up forabout months and there are loads of pieces of Open Uni coursework and photographs on the pc I want to get at to save first I have a coursework Deadline for the th of Feb too which I really need to meet On a foot note my other friends laptop Im using to write this I just cleaned Ive found Trojans do you think this is coincidence or not I would very much appreciate your help Liam

Here is the Scan result if it helps...

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 01-02-2014 04
Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-ML31VPA on 03-02-2014 20:56:38
Running from M:\
Windows 7 Home Premium (X64) OS Language: English(US)
Internet Explorer Version 11
Boot Mode: Recovery

The current controlset is ControlSet001
ATTENTION!:=====> If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log.

The only official download link for FRST:
Download link for 32-Bit version: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/81/ 
Download link for 64-Bit Version: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/82/ 
Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated.
See tutorial for FRST: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================

HKLM\...\Run: [MSC] - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe [1266912 2013-10-23] (Microsoft Corporation)
HKLM\...\Run: [RtHDVCpl] - C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe [12459112 2012-03-27] (Realtek Semiconductor)
HKLM\...\Run: [BCSSync] - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\BCSSync.exe [108144 2012-11-05] (Microsoft Corporation)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Adobe ARM] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe [959904 2013-11-21] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [V0610Mon.exe] - C:\Windows\V0610Mon.exe [24576 2011-08-21] (Creative Technology Ltd.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [VirtualCloneDrive] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDDaemon.exe [89456 2011-03-07] (Elaborate Bytes AG)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [KiesTrayAgent] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Kies\KiesTrayAgent.exe [310640 2013-03-28] (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [APSDaemon] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe [59720 2013-04-21] (Apple Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [QuickTime Task] - C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe [421888 2013-04-30] (Apple Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [ATICustomerCare] - C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI\ATICustomerCare\ATICustomerCare.exe [311296 2010-03-04] (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [StartCCC] - C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe [642656 2013-03-28] (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe [254336 2013-07-02] (Oracle Corporation)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [PowerDVD13Agent] - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PowerDVD13Agent.exe [517144 2013-07-04] (CyberLink Corp.)
HKU\Liam\...\Run: [GoogleDriveSync] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive\googledrivesync.exe [20203904 2013-12-06] (Google)
HKU\Liam\...\Run: [EADM] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe [3598680 2014-01-29] (Electronic Arts)
HKU\Liam\...\Run: [Unified Remote v2] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Unified Remote\RemoteServer.exe [277200 2013-10-31] (Unified Intents AB)
HKU\Liam\...\Run: [OfficeSyncProcess] - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSOSYNC.EXE [911040 2013-04-22] (Microsoft Corporation)
HKU\Liam\...\Run: [KiesPreload] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Kies\Kies.exe [1511792 2013-03-28] (Samsung)
HKU\Liam\...\Run: [KiesAirMessage] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Kies\KiesAirMessage.exe [578560 2013-03-19] (Samsung Electronics)
HKU\Liam\...\Run: [] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Kies\External\FirmwareUpdate\KiesPDLR.exe [1106288 2013-03-28] (Samsung)
HKU\Liam\...\Run: [Steam] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe [1815976 2014-01-27] (Valve Corporation)

==================== Services (Whitelisted) =================

S2 CyberLink PowerDVD 13 Media Server Monitor Service; C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Kernel\DMS\CLMSMonitorServicePDVD13.... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523089/black-screen-with-cursor/
Relevancy 64.5%

After uninstalling hidden driver (I know that was NOT smart), it was a Generic Pnp Monitor, I had two of them and got delete happy and uninstalled one. Upon reboot, I now have a black screen, cursor flashing, circles as if loading, then cursor again. I know from reading other forums with similar issues that booting into safe mode with networking will let me reinstall necessary driver? BUT, when I F12 boot I only get to the EUFI menu and not advanced options. I don't know how to get to advanced options on start up, (as I also have a password to even get to login screen, Dell Inspiron 3521 (15")), and can't recall if I F2 AFTER entering initial password? Thanks anyone, everyone!

A:Black screen, cursor only ..

You will need to perform a system recovery to restore your system.

Within my personal experience, I've never had this issue before, but have heard similar issue with removing a monitor driver, as it could be linked with your graphics driver.

Not sure what your system recovery button is, but if you by chance have any documentation with that laptop, try and find your recovery button, could be F11 pressing rapidly before boot, or F9, but not sure, as each computer is different.

Also, another way you could get into the Windows 8 Advanced options, as I have had to do this before,

While it says Dell, and the dots are spinning, hold your power button and do a full shut off, do that about 2 or 3 times while booting, in that spot. During one of the boot attempts, it will say "Preparing Automatic Repair", and it will try to repair, but will just tell you to restart. Click cancel, or something of that sort, it will bring up a menu to continue to Windows 8.1/ or 8, or say Troubleshoot, There should be an area that says "Refresh PC or Reset PC, Or Advanced options, also there, it should show something about a Recovery Media, click on it, and the computer should reboot and start the recovery process.

In the Advanced options, there is also an Advanced startup tab, to start in safe mode, if you choose to try that route, but hope this can help you.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/67185-black-screen-cursor-only.html
Relevancy 64.5%

seven days ago, i bought a hp laptop with windows 7 home basic. i installed some softwares and updated some patches. then one day i couldn't find my desktop,a black screen and a cursor. ctrl+alt+del still works.my os passes the microsoft verification. this is the first time i try win7. it is the worst os i have ever seen.
help me,plz

Hi thunder9741,

Can you please fill out your system specs? That will help a lot, thanks.

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71520-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 64.5%

i know i need more info on my computer posted i need blue screen multiple a day times to find out where to find it and then i'll post it this has been happening for MONTHS it was crashing hard before the whole system would lock up every day several times a day blue screen error message the same blue screen multiple times a day every time my husband wiped the drive and i started from scratch and STILL it blue screened took it to a place to fix they blue screen multiple times a day ran it for days and not once did it blue screen they told me that they thought it could be the printer that i should try keeping the printer unplugged and see if that solves it seemed odd but ok oh and i told them where the file was that had the error message but i got the feeling they never even looked at it and frankly their idea of it being the printer seemed really ludicrous but i did it and it did indeed seem to work because it didn't happen anymore for a couple months well now it just started again this time its a shorter time don't know if something got reset somewhere i didn't do it so that it instantly restarts when it crashes and the error messages are now mini-dumps so maybe its a smaller crash i don't know i'm not knowledgable on this stuff but here's the error message BCCode c BCP BCP E BCP B BCP F F OSVer SP Product same as it was before months ago and i should say that we did run memtest on it and it found no errors i've googled this message and found nothing of help can't even find anywhere to show me how to read it HELP tina

A:blue screen multiple times a day

I did some searching on the web. One cause can be a faulty RAM module. Below is a quote from another site:

Quote:

I ran Vista and Windows 7 before this. And it seems the problem has ceased. I removed the RAM then put it back in and have not encountered a problem. Maybe one of the modules had a bad connection and was causing that problem. But if that was actually the problem, who knows. I will find out if I get another error.

Again, it points to a RAM issue. It could be one of your modules is not fully "seated" into place. There is a little white locking tab on each end. If that is not in the upright position, then the module is not fully seated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-multiple-times-a-day-402713.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So my computer has had this as a recurring problem for about a year now After suffering some form of trauma a small child running into someone tripping over it etc my computer screen will turn a solid color usually gray or blue After shutting it down the monitor all at black Screen stays times turns black and attempting to boot up the computer causes the monitor to stay black though the fans in Screen stays black at all times the case turn Screen stays black at all times on and machine makes various clicks and whirs Every time this has happened in the past I have gone into the case disconnected all outside cables the video card the battery on the motherboard and occasionally other things as well sort of haphazardly I let the thing sit for a while and then plugged everything back in and after maybe one or two iterations of this process the thing eventually booted up After it s most recent trauma having a laptop dropped on it it hasn t booted up properly after several unplug-and-replug-everything routines The fans still start up like before but I haven t been able to get video to work I have tried disconnecting the video card and plugging the monitor into the built in graphics on the motherboard but that still didn t work While quot on quot I tried pressing various quot locks quot on the keyboard and found that numlock caused a light to light up but neither caps nor scroll lock did I don t know if this means anything but I figured I d throw it out there No sounds are emitted by the speakers but I don t know that any are normally on bootup I attempted to blindly enter my password an log in but this elicited no change or sound from the speakers I recently rebuilt my computer and the only thing that re still really old in the case are the power supply and one of the two hard drives which are five years old came with the original case Could this problem possibly be rooted in the power supply I am thinking about replacing it anyway as I want a new case with better airflow Parts Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G M- L Graphics Card KFA Nvidia GeForce GT PCIE x Kingston KVR D N G GB MHz DDR Non-ECC CL DIMM Dell HP - P FW Power Supply w v DC A Nidec TA DC Cooling Fan v DC A Intel DTC-AAM CPU Fan Intel Celeron Dual-Core E Western Digital WD JD - HBB Western Digital WD YR - PLB nbsp

A:Screen stays black at all times

Yes replace the old power supply and back up everything important to you. Get those old hard drives replaced ASAP. They are slowing your system down at the very least

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-stays-black-at-all-times.128967/
Relevancy 64.07%

I just installed a new video card, and once i boot up with it, i get 10 beeps and the monitor just goes black with the power light blinking. If i put my other card in it works fine again. Whats going on?

Relevancy 64.07%

I was having problems with my charger for a couple of weeks I bought some cheap online charger that provided my computer with the wrong wattage Eventually my battery became ruined due to this but I bought a new BOOT Screen Cursor WILL Black NOT With OS one However my computer kept shutting off due to the lack of power So it would completely shut off This may have done some hard drive damage I suspect since I cannot boot into OS anymore I have tried another HDD and it seemed to work I'm trying to Black Screen With Cursor OS WILL NOT BOOT resolve the problem with my hard drive though I plugged it into my other computer via usb and it seems fine I am able to grab any files I need from it NOW as for my laptop the PC turns on like normal I get the bios screen I get the Windows logo screen Then I get a black screen with a mouse cursor in the middle I can move the mouse but the buttons don't do anything--left or right click No keys on the keyboard change the screen Ctrl Alt Del does nothing Windows key does nothing Esc does nothing etc At this point the only option is to hold down the power button and turn it off What I've tried I tried to start it in safe mode but the same thing happens It shows the system files that are loading The last file it shows loading is Windows system DRIVERS amdkmpfd sys then it goes to a black screen with a mouse cursor again only this time it is in safe mode resolution so the mouse cursor is larger and not as sharp Also no keyboard strokes have any affect just as with normal mode It is a Dell Inspiron so it came with an onboard repair utility I used the Startup Repair tool but it found no problems The diagnostics tools found no issues with the hard drive or any of the other major system components It passes all other tests the onboard diagnostic utility has including memory tests fan tests hard drive tests etc I have not however tried a full system restore yet From what I've read in several forums many have tried this in similar situations and still had the same problem Since there are several files I'd rather not lose I wanted to explore all other avenues Sorry if this is a repeat question in the forum Most of the other situations seemed similar but there was always something they could do that I could not like press Ctrl Alt Del or boot into safe mode or whatever Here is as much of the system info that I can gather without having the PC on not mine I'm doing this for a friend -Dell Inspiron I think it's a -OS Windows Home -AMD Athlon II X I hope I've been thorough enough to allow you to help me without wasting any of your time and I thank you in advance

A:Black Screen With Cursor OS WILL NOT BOOT

Windows repair disc may fix a broken startup like this... 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508357/black-screen-with-cursor-os-will-not-boot/
Relevancy 64.07%

ey guys, i got a problem very similar to this one  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565585/windows-8-boots-up-with-a-black-screen-and-a-cursor/

i can still log in. everything is just fine(startscreen and stuff) but when i enter my password, the screen just goes black and the only thing i can do is moving the cursor around an opening the task manager. via the task manager i can open vaious programs but i cant run avira (i downloaded it afer i got infected, apparently it didnt help). also, onedrive got a syncronization problem and it says that the "app manager" wont run.
cant really draw any conclusions from this ._.

i did everything instructed in the post i mentiones above and i created 2 report files but that doesnt help me much so i decided to make my own post.
i was hoping someone might be able to help me! thanks in advance

yours mary126

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581896/windows-81-black-screen-with-cursor-help-please/