Windows Support Forum

Corsair Value Select Vs XMS

Q: Corsair Value Select Vs XMS

I just bought a new computer, i use 4x512MB sticks of corsair value select memory, i don't know much about computers so i will proberly never attempt to overclock my system.

Is it worth it to buy XMS memory or stick with what i got?

Thx in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Corsair Value Select Vs XMS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Corsair Value Select Vs XMS

I don't think it'd be worth it to switch. Did you read Techspots article on the topic?
Relevancy 76.97%

I can only say that the two sticks of value select memory I used to have in my computer both went bad. I switched over to crucial with no problems. I imagine with corsair the quality is high also. It just goes to say, you get what you pay for.

A:Corsair XMS vs. Corsair vs. Value Select Memory

two sticks of value select memory I used to have in my computer both went bad.Click to expand...

That's where the "lifetime warranty" comes in handy.
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an ASUS A7V 333 m/b with an AMD2400. It currently has 2 sticks of Corsair XMS256 333 2-3-3-6. I want to go to 1GB. Newegg has a 512 stick of the XMS that matches what is in my system now for about $85.00
Or I can pull that memory out and replace it with a Corsair value select 1 GB kit that has 2 512 sticks of 400 that I believe is 2.5-3-3-6 for about $83.00 and have the old stuff for my Dad to use. Would there be much performance drop if I go to the Value select? I play URT2004 alot and don't want to put junk in. What do you think?

Relevancy 68.8%

I have P5G41T-M LX MoBo and it has only 2 Memory Slots of DDR3 1333. Above 1333 would be useless to get. Which one is better in terms of performance, timings etc.? Need to buy 2x 4GB modules (Total 8GB Dual Channel).

1. Corsair Value Select 4GB DDR3 1333
Corsair Memory

2. G.Skill NT 4GB DDR3 1333
G.SKILL NT 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)

A:Which one to get? Corsair Value Select vs G.Skill NT

If you want to believe Newegg, they appear identical in their specs. They might have different subcomponents and different quality control.

I'd buy on the basis of return policy, price, and support.

Unless one turns out to be faulty, I'd be very surprised if you could tell which was in your PC.

Cas Latency: 9

Voltage: 1.5V

Timing: 9-9-9-24

Cas Latency: 9

Voltage: 1.5V

Timing: 9-9-9-24
Relevancy 67.51%

1Gb or RAM
With C2D E6400 and
Asus P5b (standard) mobo
How do i get the RAM to run at 667mhz?

I presume this will effect my performance as it's performing at half the expected value.

I selected PC5300 667 in the BIOS setting but CPU-Z still shows memory running @ 333

I'm not over clocking, just try to get my setup running, this is a 1st build.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey, guys I am a total computer noob, that's why I came with this question.
I am planning getting a corsair H80i, it has a sata power connector, the pic:

Beside that I have a Corsair CX750 modular PSU, the pic :

As you can see there is no way that the sata power connector of H80i can directly plugged into the PSU, so I want to know which additional cable I need to connect them together, some link to those webshop would be great thx in advance!!!

A:Corsair H80i and Corsair PSU

You do not need any additional cable it connects to one of the SATA power leads from the PSU. - which are themselves modular connections to the body of the PSU

This will help you
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I m trying to create a menu where there is initially one select box Funding Group displayed with approximately options available depending on what s in the database table I want another text box Program to be displayed but only where the program codes have a Funding Group that was selected in the first box from Update select box multiple box on based options select another Javascript: BUT have no Javascript: Update select box based on multiple options from another select box duplicate program codes see below for explanation For instance there are fund groups A B C etc The program table in Javascript: Update select box based on multiple options from another select box the database might contain some rows that look like this Code Fund Group Prog Code Prog Descr A Fred so prog code has more than one fund A Ethel B Fred so prog code has more than one fund C Ricky If the user selects Funding Groups A and B the Program box might initially contain this note the funding group and program code are concatenated in the value field --- I m thinking this will help me determine which ones to add remove Code value text A - Fred A - Ethel B - Fred Note the customer doesn t want to see Fred listed twice but I will worry about removing the duplicate entry for program later right now I m trying to generate a box that contains only valid entries even if they are duplicated initially Whew I think the functional description of the problem will end up taking more lines than the actual coding itself I have already run across problems with Internet Explorer rudely ignoring my attempts to hide or otherwise add remove options in a select box My Googling over the last FOUR days has resulted in a lot of old pages that frankly leave me more and more confused about the best approach The company where I work has designated Internet Explorer as the company-supported browser but I know that I have customers that use other browsers so I need to make sure this works in other major browsers as well My question is about which would be the best method to achieve the desired results Have the Program box fully populated on the page load and then remove items that don t match what the user selected using the Continue button to fire off the removal of unwanted items Dynamically add items to the Program box based on some hidden array of values I have squirreled away somewhere and thus allows me to check to see if there are duplicates before adding the option And the dreaded third option I m trying desperately to avoid make the menu recursive and take the values from Funding Group and go search the database for matching but DISINCT values in the Program table and then update the menu again UGH already been down this path and someone suggested letting Javascript create what I want after I grab all values I shudder to think based on what I ve read about passing variables and making the form sticky etc Other notes that might be worth mentioning There will be other boxes on the menu that will work the same way i e a Class box that is based on the Funding Group also a Department Level box based on which departments were selected Even fully populated the most any one box might contain is less than rows I m using Perl and Oracle SQL Below is a working page that I m using to test my theories I stripped out most non-essential stuff but hopefully have left everything in working order Any suggestions on how best to approach this would be appreciated I m also happy to provide more information clarification if needed Thanks Lori who is now going to go get a MUCH needed drink after reading page after page of suggestions all week on how to do this Code lt DOCTYPE html PUBLIC quot - W C DTD XHTML Transitional EN quot quot http www w org TR xhtml DTD xhtml -transitional dtd quot gt lt html gt lt head gt lt title gt WRS Main Menu lt title gt lt meta http-equiv quot content-type quot content quot text html charset iso- - quot gt lt style type quot text css quot gt body font-family Ar... Read more
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok I have googled this error and see this is common Hopefully I have missed something simple I replaced my hard drive and installed the complete version of Windows Home Premium All worked great till the next day when I turned select boot insert or media and bo proper device reboot boot select in the PC back on I get the error message reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in select boot device If I restart and hold F and go in Bios exiting with or without changes will allow the PC to boot into windows however once I power down and restart reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in select bo I get the same error message I have tried booting with the Window disk perform repair and even reloaded the entire reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in select bo OS again Same issue I arrange the boot order found that windows recognized my hard drive etc all the things listed as possible fixes for this error Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated The new hard drive is a sata tb reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in select bo It replaced the maxtor diamond gig Very frustrated here and it doesn't help that I have limted PC knowledge beyond what I have tried

A:reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in select bo

Check all the cables.
Relevancy 38.27%

does anyone know where i can find corsair ddr400 pc3200 184pin ram as my local pc world doesnt stock it, all they stock is value select or something. i would appreci ate any help....also would i better fitting 4x 512mb corsair, or 2x 1gb....thank you in advance

A:corsair ram help

The best site would be

Here is all corsair's XMS line
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys,

I want to run my computer with a 64-bit OS and I want to purchase 8GB of memory,

What do you think is better?

Relevancy 38.27%

Is it to be be avoided by serious gamers or is it in the same league as crucial and kingston?

A:corsair ram

Actually, Corsair is preferred over crucial and kingston.
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello, me again
I was wondering if anyone knows if the WINX1024-4000PRO XMS4000 1024MB 3-4-4-8 (2x512MB ) works fine with a K8N Neo2 Platinum? And if it doesn't anyone knows about another model that does work fine from corsair also? I've seen the specs for this RAM at the MSI webpage but it isn't there... but I've been told it does work
Thank you very much

Relevancy 38.27%

Hey everyone I just have a quick question here regarding the RAM upgrade I am getting next weekend Basically there are two to choose from for me Corsair TWINX MB PC MHz Dual Channel DDR Memory x MB - - - http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Corsair TWINX Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB - - - http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Basically my question is which one would be the better choice The first one has an OK speed of MHz but has timings of - - - The second one has a faster speed of MHz however the latency is much higher at - - - Given these two choices which would you go for I personally would go with the lower timings because I think - - - is too high latency What do you think Any ideas are appreciated Thanks grinthumb nbsp

A:Which Corsair RAM to get

please read my guide on RAM in the guides forum.

unless you're overclocking, faster ram is a waste of money. And I never recommend overclocking.
Relevancy 38.27%

I am installing a CX750m PSU, problem is on a cable im not sure which end goes in ?
Eg. one end of the cable says PCI-E and the other says type3
So which end is connected to the PSU?

A:Help ! (for those who use a Corsair PSU)

On my Corsair HX750 PCI-E goes to the video card.
Relevancy 38.27%

This is the PSU Corsair AX be Enough? Will 750 A computer that i'm running at the moment but i would like to know if my PSU is supporting it well or A Corsair AX 750 PSU Will be Enough? if i'm losing some performance because of it System Manufacturer Model Number N A OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Service Pack CPU Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC SABERTOOTH X Memory GB MHZ Ripjaws Z G Skill F - CL q- GBZH Graphics Card s NVIDIA GeForce GTX Asus Sound Card Motherboard Input Monitor s Displays Sansung SyncMaster P ' Screen Resolution x x bits colors Hz Hard Drives Crucial M SSD PSU Corsair AX Case Corsair Obsidian D Cooling Corsair H Liquid Cooler Keyboard SATE AK- Mouse CLONE Internet Speed mbps MB s Other Info Logitech V-UBK Webcan Always ON Logitech Speaker Z- Digital Normaly ON Razer Megalodon Headset Always ON T LaCie External Hard Disk Hardly Ever ON HP Coloro Laser Jet CP Normaly ON Philips ' TV PFL Hardly Ever ON

A:A Corsair AX 750 PSU Will be Enough?

I have a similar setup, with a 620 watt Antec power supply (see my specs). The 750 watt should be more than adequate for what you have.
Relevancy 38.27%

When I check on newegg today, under the pc memory section I take an advance search and search my way through Corsair, then I saw Corsair XMS and Corsair Memory. That confused me, isn't both of them the same brand? is the XMS better than the other one???
Just a quick question... Did someone know about this?!?!

A:Two different Corsair???? WOA

XMS - - - xtreme memory speed
Relevancy 37.84%

which ram should i go for
6GB Kit DDR3 2000 G.Skill-Trident
or the
6GB Kit DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator

A:G.skill or Corsair RAM?

I would go with the 6GB Kit DDR3 2000 G.Skill-Trident.
The Corsiar RAM is a well known, respected brand, but it's slightly slower, and to be honest, I never to this day had any RAM fail on me (call me lucky).
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey all i heard from somone, not sure if they know what they are talking about or not...But they said that 512MB of memory is just barely enough for WinXp pro. They said i should get atleast 1 gig. Anyone know if this is true or not? BTW My machine runs pretty smooth...

Relevancy 37.84%

what do you think of the upcoming cooler? Is it worth the price if I want to overclock past 4ghz?

A:Corsair H70 CPU cooler?

i've heard good things about the h30 and h50, so i can't imagine the h70 falling into another category. corsair makes great hardware, in which they improve upon constantly, so it's likely that it will be a decent and affordable liquid cooling kit. as for overclocking, it depends heavily on the processor you are using and whether or not your motherboard and RAM can handle the additional stress.
Relevancy 37.84%

- CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C http www newegg ca Product Product aspx Item N E amp Tpk CMX GX M A C - Crucial Ballistix GB x GB -Pin DDR vs (RAM) Crucial Corsair? SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model BL KIT FN http www newegg ca Product Produc amp cm re Ballistix- - - - - -Product http www crucial com store Crucial vs Corsair? (RAM) mpartspecs aspx mtbpoid E DBA CA - Crucial Ballistix GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model BL KIT BN http www newegg ca Product Produc amp cm re Ballistix- - - - - -Product http www crucial com store mpartspecs aspx mtbpoid F DA A CA I don t know why but the price for the crucial RAMs on newegg ca are waaay lower than their price on Crucial s website yet their specs are the same Does anybody know why Also according to this website the nd one is the best http computer-memory-upgrade-review toptenreviews com Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Crucial vs Corsair? (RAM)

Usually you get what you pay for.

Sometimes you get quality stuff cheap, and sometimes just 'cause you bought the top shelf stuff, you're not guaranteed failure-free performance.

I don't think anyone is going to click and read half a dozen links that you posted tho'...
Relevancy 37.84%

I was thinking about switching my H50 for a V8. What I really want to know is how much of an OC can the V8 handle. My H50 could barely handle a small OC. There was probably a defect, but I don't think I can send it in since it came with my computer and they didn't give me the original box. Or if you could give me suggestions on a good air cooler under $100

A:Corsair H50 vs. Coolermaster V8

I assume that since you are looking at the V8 then you chassis will support a tall heatpipe cooler. Knowing what CPU socket you're using would be handy also.
These coolers all offer better cooling than the V8 (as do a few other coolers)
Cogage Arrow ($73 inc shipping)
Thermalright TRUE Rev.C ($67 inc shipping)
Noctua NH-D14 ($88+shipping)
Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B ($65 inc shipping)
Zalman CNPS10X Performa ($40 free shipping)
Thermalright Venomous-X ($70 + shipping) or $80 w/fan and bracket
Scythe Yasya ($55 + shipping)

Most of these coolers will be within 1-2°C of each other. The Prolimatech, Noctua and Venomous-X probably offer the best mounting hardware (haven't seen the Yasya yet) while the Noctua includes two of the best fans you can buy.
Bear in mind that coolers with two of three fans attached take up a significant amount of motherboard real estate and RAM modules with tall heatspreaders or tall chipset/mosfet heatsinks can be problematic. Check the specification and dimensions of the coolers against the space available on the board and the keep-out area between the board and the chassis side-panel
Relevancy 37.84%

For Christmas, I shall be buying a Christmas gift for my computer, and I have picked memory (if you cant' see why, look at my signature). My motherboard (in signature) is very picky about ram, although I found this Corsair XMS2 Memory on newegg (2X512Mb in Dual Channel), and it seems really good. I was wondering if it will work with my motherboard. I was going to contact Asus via email, although their "Technical Inquiry" section seems to be down right now. Thank you in advance for any help given :unch: !

A:Corsair Xms2

I checked Corsair's site and they don't have your board listed. I checked your board's site and they don't have that particular ram listed, however they do list the Corsair 6400C4 ram as approved. You are looking at the 5400C4. Both are the XMS2 Corsair.

This doesn't mean the ram you are looking at is gauranteed to work (the two rams compared above are different speeds and different voltages), but chances are it will.

Have you tried googling your board name and that ram to see if anyone out there has the two working together?
Relevancy 37.84%

So I have an antec 900 V2 case. And I am thinking of getting the corsair H50 to cool what will be a core i5-750 hopefully at 4GHZ. What I am wondering is at 4GHZ would the H50 be a bit overkill or is water cooling worth it. I don't really care about the price as long as its under 90-100. Also with the antec 900. It has a back exhaust fan and 2 intake fans on the front as well as an exhaust fan on the top. I know I would have to reverse the back exhaust fan because the H50 design needs the back part to be intake but will that mess up the airflow and will I have to change other fan directions. Reference links.

A:Corsair H50 In Antec 900

Hi there
I actually set up the same cooling with the same proccessor a few nights ago...its not a true water cooling system...actually uses no water at all oddly...its like a highg end air cooler... I installed the fan on the sliding door of my computer case and it looks like your case also has that side fan..hope this helps!
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, I have the Asus Crosshair Formula iv Mobo, and I think its the root of my PC issues. I get random freezes and at times cannot start, just blank screens. The reset does not work , i have to hit the reset button on the board itself.
Does anyone have any similar issues with this particular board?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A:Corsair Formula iv

Have you applied the lastest bios update?

All of them are for system stability. You can find them here.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Under the download tab.

It would appear the board has a known stability issue and they are trying to resolve it via bios updates.
Relevancy 37.84%

Need some advice im new and not very good at this stuff so here goes. Im using a asus p5wdh MB and corsair 8500c5 memory. Does anybody know what i can do to get this ram to run at its rated speed of 1066mhz?. i have tried everything but it seems the MB wont let me get over 1000mhz.

A:P5W DH + 8500c5 corsair

I have the same type of problem with that mobo, i have 4 gigs of pc 6400, and it runs at ddr 3500. I have to overclock it to get to its rate speed, and then it becomes unstable and shuts down. Maybe try flashing your bios.
Relevancy 37.84%

I have just bought a A7N8X motherboard and 2 x 256megs CAS 2 corsair ram
when the motherboard uses the default CAS timings (7-3-3-T2.5) everything is fine but when i tell it the proper timings (6-3-3-T2) programs (like 3dmark2k1 se and UT2003) quit to desktop not long after being started - can anyone spread any light on the situation please?

A:A7N8X and Corsair ram

Corsair did have some problems with XMS3200C2 and XMS3500C2 modules. Look on the chips and see if it is Rev 1 or Rev 1.1. Rev 1 had a problem. Also, here's the link to Corsair Ram Guy's Forum which may give you the answer you need...
Relevancy 37.84%

So I ordered a second 4gb gtx 760 to SLI, I pop open the case and there's no room to plug in the 12 pin plug, that routes into the 6 and 8 pin slots in the GPU itself, in the back of the 850.

From what I can see, there are only 2 12 pin plug spots for the 850, one of which is taken up by my first 760 and the 2nd is the 12v power for the CPU.

I've searched online and can't find anything showing that this is a problem. Is the AX850 not made for SLI, or can I use some other cables other than a 12 pin to connect the GPU to the PSU?

A:GTX 760 SLI w/ Corsair AX850

There is no 12 pin plug on the back of the AX850, unless you mean the cables are paired to 12 pins? But you are right, it's not designed for SLI setups. But since the GTX 760's aren't that power hungry there is a work around, use the adapter cables that usually come with the cards or purchase a set:
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, Ive recently bought another stick of 512mb of Corsair RAM to take me upto a gig, The RAM ive currently got is;

Corsair XMS PC3500C2 512mb

Ive had no problems at all with this for nearly a year and a half,

The stick ie bought is;

Corsair XMS PC3200C2 512mb

the 3500 stick is in DDR Slot 3, so i put my new stick in Slot 2, booted up and it wont detect that i have another 512mb of RAM, the new stick works on its own, but coupled with my old stick is wont work, Anybody got any ideas?

My mobo is a Gigabyte 7VAXP-Ultra, and ive uploaded a picture of my current RAM settings, have a look below \/

Hope somebody can help me.

p.s. Corsair dont make XMS PC3500C2 anymore, so if i had to buy a different stick, i couldnt.

A:Corsair RAM Problem

I should prolly add, the faster PC3500 DIMM is 433Mhz, the new one is 400Mhz.

Im thinking i need to change a settings in the BIOS so they both work together
Relevancy 37.84%

i have a ASUSŪ K8V SE Deluxe - VIA V8T800 Motherboard and im on 2 256 corsair DDR PC-3200 SDRAM at 400MHz and i bought a new stick of ram which is a one gig corsair xms 3200 at 400 MHZ and when i put it into slot 3 my computer wouldnt boot, then i tried putting it to slot one didnt boot and then just tried it with the corsair xms 3200 alone and didnt boot but if i put my normal corsairs back it works was wondering if anyone could help

A:corsair xms problem

IT seems to me that you got yourselfs some bad memory stick
IT happens
TRy to get an exchange
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I would like to know if I can use corsair value select memory with an AMD 1800 processor? I'm not too sure what type of mother board I have. I am currently running with 512 of memory and want to upgrade to 1gig but don't know if corsair VS memory is compatible.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Corsair memory

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If your computer is an oem build. I.E Dell/Gateway/HP etc. Go to your computer manufacturers website, and check to see what ram is compatible.

If your computer is a non oem build. Download the free Everest programme from HERE. It will give you lot`s of info about your system, including what mobo you have.

Then, go to your mobo manufacturers website, and check for what types/makes of ram are compatible.

It`s a good idea to make sure that whatever ram you get, that both sticks are exactly the same. Mixing different speeds/makes of ram isn`t really a good idea.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys I would like to run my corsair h60 in push pull how ever I can't seem to find any retailers of the screw length / size that I require any help?

A:corsair h60 screws

Had the same problem here. I went to Sears and Lowes.
Relevancy 37.84%

Whats up with corsair first a k60 keyboard dead thin a k90 lights dont work got a new one sofar so good now just got a m60 it cant be detected going to get a new one today who knows if it well work , I like corsair but its fading fast oh and also corsair 1300 left speaker whent out in 3 mths,

A:CORSAIR whats up

Sorry to hear the problems. I stick with Logitech for keyboards and mice and I have to say I've rarely had problems that weren't back on me. I'm sure you're paying a premium for the brand and as long as you are getting things covered under warranty then it's just a pain but if not then I'd make the switch, but that's just me !
Relevancy 37.84%

HI all just got a Corsair Raptor M40 Gaming Mouse, but keep inadvertently hitting button six and seven by mistake which is the same as hit back/forward browser page Grrrr very annoying

I've downloaded the software from corsair but for life of me I cant turn these buttons off ???

A:Corsair Raptor M40

Quote: Originally Posted by web

HI all just got a Corsair Raptor M40 Gaming Mouse, but keep inadvertently hitting button six and seven by mistake which is the same as hit back/forward browser page Grrrr very annoying

I've downloaded the software from corsair but for life of me I cant turn these buttons off ???

Dam soon as I posted worked out how to turn off typical, easy now I know, but, a bit rubbish really who designed that program must be very complicated
Relevancy 37.84%

About to upgrade my second PC's ram t0 4gb.

I'm looking at:

Corsairs TWIN2X4096-6400C5C and

Kingstons KHX6400D2B1K2/4G or KHX6400D2K2/4G

2 Questions.

1.) Corsair or Kingston?
2.) Apart from a slight price difference, what is the difference between the two Kingston RAM kits. Newer model?

I'd also like to be taken in to account customer service, just in case I need to RMA it.

TIA fimble

A:New RAM. Corsair or Kingston?

I can't get my Kingston HyperX PC8500 to operate at 1066 unless I run my FSB at 533.

No biggie, perhaps, EXCEPT it was marketed to run at 1066 by SPD.

Customer service is sub-par to the extent that their response is, "Well, just because we said it would do that doesn't mean it will do it for you."

But, they do honor their lifetime warranty, which I use about every six months, two chips at a time. Faulty chip or not.
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello there,

I'm currently using a twin set Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) RAM (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B). But one the stick got a badmem after tested with memtest.

So now I'm left with 1 stick of 4GB only. And the question is, is it OKAY if I buy and mix with another same brand and same model of RAM but it's the single stick version (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B)?

Thanks in advance.

A:CORSAIR RAM Compatability

Same brand and model number should be OK.
Relevancy 37.84%

Pretty much what the title says.
I've already got one 550ti, so I was wondering if I could just get a second one and run it in SLI.
my mobo is the Asrock 970 Extreme 4, so it supports SLI. my main concern is whether 650W isn't enough.
Also, what kind of performance could I expect from this SLI setup? I've heard it would perform similar to a GTX570.
any input is appreciated

A:Can I run 2xGTX 550 Ti on a Corsair HX-650?

Seeing how the card requires a 400W PSU and the card itself only draws 116W, I'd say an additional card would require only 520W. I think your 650W PSU will be fine for a Geforce GTX 550Ti SLI setup.

GeForce GTX 550Ti Specifications:

Maximum Graphics Card Power (W) -- 116W
Minimum System Power Requirement (W) -- 400W
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello there,

I am going to be getting myself a new PSU.

I will be using the following system:

AMD Athlon II x2 240 @ 3.5GHz
MSI 785GM-E51
Kingston 9905458-011.A00LF 4 GB RAM @ 1000 MHz
HP 9800GT 1GB/later will be getting a hd 6950 2GB
IDE Benq ATA Device optical drive
Floppy reader
Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced (hopefully)

Thanks in advance
Relevancy 37.84%

OK so I am building my new computer I have the ASUS P K motherboard on the way I would love to install the DDR but that is a little bit too expensive for me at this time So I will buy the DDR and upgrade later My question is What s the better buy Kingston HyperX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX D K G - Retail or CORSAIR Kingston v. Corsair Dominator GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Kingston v. Corsair Model TWIN X - C D - Retail Now I plan on getting GB of ram So I will obviously buy a double of whatever I get Is the Corsair that much better than the Kingston that it is worth paying an extra for Also is there another type of quality ram I could buy that would be better value I don t mind paying the money because my computer is on the expensive end and I want the best quality However I have no idea how important quality of DDR is If I got the expensive type I assume it will make my computer light years faster than the cheaper kind Also can you mix and match DDR and buy one of each Any suggestions would be great nbsp

A:Kingston v. Corsair

Are you going to be running at stock speeds? If so get the Kingston. Typically when you see a price difference like that between the same speed RAM the more expensive one will be able to be overclocked higher. But if they are rated the same at stock (same timings too) they will be the same speed, so you'd gain nothing from the more expensive RAM. If you are going to be pushing them as fast as they can go, then the more expensive may be worth it.

Yes you 'can' mix and match, but it is strongly discouraged and your speeds will be limited by the slowest stick anyway.
Relevancy 37.84%

Shopping for crucial ram today, they were out and recommended Corsair.

This is 4gb (2 - 2 gigs) 800mhz ddr2, CM2X2048-6400C5 at $85

How does Corsair rate and is it more stable or reliable than Crucial?

A:Corsair vs Crucial ddr ram

Corsair is just as good as any, If the price is fair then I don't see a reason to not get it.
Relevancy 37.84%

Can anyone tell me where I can find a Corsair to download into Microsoft Flight Simulator X? I have looked all over and only seem to find them for FS2004. Any suggestions?

My operating system is Windows XP.
Relevancy 37.84%

I currently have GB s of Viking RAM in my computer and since I have Windows Vista and want to prepare for the upcoming PC games coming out like Bioshock and Crysis I am thinking about getting another GB s and RAM Corsair - Viking - of RAM - I have an ASUS P N -SLI SE Deluxe motherboard http www newegg com Product Produ amp Tpk ASUS P N -SLI SE Deluxe motherboard and I was wondering if I get XMS DDR RAM which my motherboard says RAM - - Viking and Corsair it is ready for will it work together with my other RAM or will there be compatibility issues Also are there any other issues I have to take into consideration when doing this - Here is some RAM I am thinking about getting http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E - Also is Viking a bad company to get RAM from - Do you suggest any others - Thank you if you took the time out to read this thread nbsp

A:RAM - - Viking and Corsair

The enemy of good is better.
It is always wise to assure that all module are identical. Corsair is really Samsung and makes most, but not all, of the memory with the Corsair label. Still, you want to read the reviews. Viking is a "maker" of memory but do not make their own chips.

Best memory manufacturers Crucial, Samsung (Corsair), Infineon, and Kingston... but none of them make all of the memory sold under their labels.

There are 54 other manufacturers who specialize in certain sizes at various qualities. You have not way to know which are manufacturers, Assemblers, Makers, Suppliers, or Scammers. Too many companies make memory modules from tubs of chips that may come from a number of manufacturers. The buy does the quality control, then gets a replacement under warranty when they fail.
Some of the most highly marketed memory under such names as OCZ, PNY, SimpleTech, Ultra, and so on, varies from month to month. And their quality is similarly suspect.
Relevancy 37.84%

Looking to possibly upgrade from my Mushkin DDR3 RAM to Corsair Dominator-GT (3x2gb).. my question is, has anyone had any problems with i7 920/Asus P6T combo and this RAM? I'm looking for a more stable 1600mhz setup, and the Mushkin Blacklines aren't cutting it (even though they were advertised at 2000mhz).

A:Corsair Dominator-GT

Can you provide a link to the exact Corsair RAM you are thinking of going to?
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all Im new to this site and have been literally trawling the net and a lot of forums looking issues RAM Corsair for anyone with my problems or similar I feel I have gone as far as I can go with this and it has brought me here I would be very grateful if I could be advised but I will warn that this may be a long winded post sorry as I have more than one query It would seem silly to post multiple questions in different threads Ok First of all I will give you my system specs as follows Epsilon W PSU Intel Core Duo E GHz Corsair XMS DDR PC - C GB - - - x sticks Corsair XMS DDR PC - C GB - - - x stick currently removed will explain why WD GB HDD Leadtek Winfast GTX Sony Optiarc DVD-ROM DDU Sony DVD RW AW-G A Creative Xfi Extreme Audio Corsair RAM issues Foxconn P AA KS H mobo - BIOS V PG Windows XP Media Centre Edition SP I have had this computer since early hence an original BIOS version and it was purchased through Evesham computers so it was an OEM machine Now I have been running Windows XP for the same amount of time and have had little problems with it but recently I have been convinced and after much thought to take the jump to Windows copy on its way as I write this I am by nature a stubborn little sod but I decided that GB would not do my PC any justice running in a bit environment My CPU and mobo I believe is bit compliant please correct me if I m mistaken and as well as the arrival of Crysis I decided to buy some more RAM For a long time the standard Ram that was installed was the GB sticks see specs This Ram was not configured or over clocked just simply left as it was from the day it was installed I ordered and fitted a GB corsair stick again please see specs and basically put this stick in slot and put the x GB sticks into slots amp so GB in total Booted up windows and at POST it said update successful so that told me that it had read my new Ram Also going into system information told me that I had physically GB of Ram I know that due to the simple fact I am running XP bit that I won t see all the GB of Ram hence the upgrade to windows All seemed well However very recently I have been having issues particularly during a cold boot up where the Foxconn splash screen or post screen if you like comes up mobo beeps once and then it stays static or hangs HDD activity LED solid and no noise at all Now forgive me I know exactly what you are thinking Why are you mentioning Ram and now going on about your HDD Well allow me to explain I first thought and got a friends advice and believed that I had a lazy hard drive and that it wasn t spinning up Now it is worth mentioning by the way that warm boots and restarts do not cause issues only cold boots As I said earlier I have had this PC since early and it has been running pretty much everyday so I really did think that it is on its way out even though it isn t making clunking noises or sounding symptoms of a slowly failing hard drive like the read head dropping or failing pins etc The boot up issues only seemed to start say a week after my new Ram install and I never thought anything of it until I went back to my friend He had a quick look inside and said that because I am running the GB sticks in dual channel mode and the GB as a sole unit not paired up that it is causing conflicts and possibly halting the boot sequence as in post screen hanging He also mentioned that the blue slots which I think are amp are the dual channel slots and I had these sticks in slots amp and the GB stick in slot so was spare sorry if confusing I removed the GB stick completely and put the GB slots into slots amp as advised by my friend Now I have to say I went away being almost convinced he was wrong and thought that as long as the sticks are next to each other regardless of colour being Blue and yellow slots that it would still pick up ram and these sticks would run in dual channel mode So finally first query With reference to my mobo is my friend correct Does the fact that the slots do not corre... Read more

A:Corsair RAM issues

For optimum performance you should run with matched pairs of RAM sticks. If you only have 2 sticks they should either be in the yellow slots or the blue slots to run in dual channel mode. If you have one stick in each colour it will only run in single channel mode.

I found no usefull information in the mobo manual. Some I have read for other makes tell you if it can run with uneven amounts of memory in each channel, that may not be the case with this mobo.

Is there any chance you can change that 2GB stick for 2 X 1GB sticks which will keep it balanced.

Does the 2GB stick match the same frequency of the existing sticks as that might be another problem.

If you want to run a test on the sticks the best method is to run the PC with just one stick in at a time, if any glitches, hangs or freezes happen then you will know which stick it is.

I am assuming you are using memtest and running it while windows is running. It is far better, if you have to use testing software to use the memtest86+ which you have to burn to a CD and then boot the PC with it. This leaves the memory idle for far more accurate testing. You can get it from here. Always run at least 5 cycles of the test, overnight would be even better. The accuracy of any memtest software is never 100% and it is prone to miss minor faults hence my advise to run on one stick at a time for the most accurate results.

Follow this guide to get and run memtest86+

You need to scroll down the page until you see the three blue screenshots. Just below is the list of downloads for Memtest86+ V4.10. Click on Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)and save to your desktop, When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD. In windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software.

Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos. Leave the test to run through at least 5 cycles.

The memtest will not be 100% accurate but should easily detect any major faults.Click to expand...
Relevancy 37.84%

I removed my corsair h50 from my processor week ago so now should i clean my h50 cooler with dry spray like my cpu or not also should i put thermal paste on both of them before installing.

A:Should i clean my corsair H50 ?

clean them both; I use rubbing alcohol and lint free cloth. I change out my corsair H50 and Domino ALC water coolers weekly it seems while I am playing with different processors. If you are going to be OC that i7 860 you will be better off with a great air cooler over that H50.
Relevancy 37.84%

i have a corsair a70 and i've had it for a few months now but the noise is so annoying is there any way i can reduce the noise.btw did i post this in the right place?

A:corsair a70 very loud

Install better fans. Noc's are very quiet.
Relevancy 37.84%

I've got a GA-7VA (KT 400 chipset) mobo. Used to have a Pally 2000 and generic PC2100 RAM. Recently bought a T'bred 2600 (166 FSB), and a stick of Corsair XMS2700 Platinum CAS 2 512Mb. After installing both, system was very unstable. Ran memtest on it, and it failed. Messing around with memory timings and voltage didn't help. Returned to, and they say they ran memtest on it with no problems and have returned it to me. I then tested the old generic RAM, one stick of 256 Mb failed, one passed. However system is stable at 133 FSB with both sticks of the old RAM.
Any ideas gratefully received!

A:Corsair RAM problems

the only thing i no off the causes perfectly working ram to fail memtest is overclocking. Is ur FSB set correctly? Is ur ram set to NO higher than 100%FSB (166mhz) 6-2-2-T2? anymore and memtest starts producing errors. also make sure the voltage is right or u will fry it (2.5v)
hope that helps

Relevancy 37.41%

must say im impressed, anybody else have one? how do you feel about it? installation was the easiest for a CPU cooler EVER. keeps everything running frosty.

A:Just got a corsair H70 hydro cooler

Very nice.

What temps are you getting with it?
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm thinking of ocing the corsair dominator ram (4-4-4-12 @ddr2 800 default) up to ddr2 1066. Is that a safe overclock? Will I likely have to decrease the timings?

A:Overclocking corsair dominator Ram

more than likely you will have to do a 5-5-5-15 set up, to get to 900, not to mention increase the voltage on the ram is well. And just for notes. OVERCLOCKING IS NEVER SAFE.
Relevancy 37.41%

So what do you guys think of this unit or others like it?

I've noticed my Phenom II x4 965 running hotter and hotter recently. The stock fan with little thermal pad thing doesn't seem to be doing it's job. As a result the fan is ramping up and making a lot of noise. With the hot days coming in to the summer my room is constantly roasting even with windows wide open and the cpu is sitting at 40C idle. I know a good heat sink will cost a decent amount of money so for ?60 can you go wrong with one of these?

A:Corsair H50 Liquid CPU Cooler

Imho, the H50 offers zero benefits of water cooling, yet all the risks of water cooling. Thermalright, Noctua, Prolimatech, Tunique and Zalman all offer better results on air, with no risk of spilling water all over your rig, which the H50 has been known to do. Granted, Corsair has been very good about replacing (for free) all damaged parts, but still...
If you're going to go water, do it right. They're expensive, but they deliver the results: Let us help you be cool!
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi All,

I have a 2gb Corsair Flash Voyegar memory stick and recently it was full so I opened uo the folder pressed (ctrl+a) selected everything and pressed delete only problem is now anytime I plug it into computer wiindows wont see this?? I am running Windows 7 but same problem when I plug it into XP machine? Could I have deleted some files from this device that is needed for this to work? when I pklug it into my computer i can still hear the USB sound too same when I plug it out sound agian???

A:Corsair Flash Memory

try reformatting the flash drive if you can with the windows formatting tool
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi folks I have CMX512-4400? Corsair banks in Corsair CMX512-4400? my computer for memory While two of them are occupied already They are two sticks With the other two banks left would I have to use two more or could they be of a larger size as long as both were the same Here are some specs you may need Motherboard Name Asus A V Deluxe Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type AMD Hammer Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz HyperTransport Clock MHz Memory Bus Properties Bus Type Dual DDR SDRAM Bus Width -bit DRAM FSB Ratio CPU Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type VIA Corsair CMX512-4400? V-Link Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz ODR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Motherboard Physical Info CPU Sockets Slots Socket Expansion Slots PCI AGP RAM Slots DDR DIMM Integrated Devices Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- Form Factor ATX Motherboard Size mm x mm Motherboard Chipset K T Pro Extra Features Asus Intelligence JumperFree Q-Fan Stepless Freq Selection Ultra-ATA SATA RAID Motherboard Manufacturer Company Name ASUSTeK Computer Inc Module Name Corsair CMX - Serial Number None Module Size MB ranks banks Module Type Unbuffered Memory Type DDR SDRAM Memory Speed PC MHz Module Width bit Module Voltage SSTL Error Detection Method None Refresh Rate Reduced us Self-Refresh Memory Timings MHz - - - CL-RCD-RP-RAS CPU Properties CPU Type AMD Athlon FX- MHz x CPU Alias ClawHammer S CPU Stepping SH-CG Instruction Set x x - MMX DNow SSE SSE Original Clock MHz Min Max CPU Multiplier x x L Code Cache KB Parity L Data Cache KB ECC L Cache MB On-Die ECC Full-Speed CPU Physical Info Package Type Pin uOPGA Package Size cm x cm Transistors million Process Technology Mi um CMOS Cu SOI Die Size mm Core Voltage - V I O Voltage V V Maximum Power W CPU Manufacturer Company Name Advanced Micro Devices Inc Thank you for your in put nbsp

A:Corsair CMX512-4400?

U can use any size of RAM, but make sure that it's of the right speed (and same brand preferably). If ur able to get a dual-channel kit (i.e. a 1GB kit with two 512MB sticks that have exactly the same specs), then that would be best since it would give best performance.
Relevancy 37.41%

Will my corsair TX 750 watt PSU be able to run an nVidia GTX 295 card mounted on an ASUS P6T Deluxe mobo with i920 processor, 4 GB Ram and Caviar black 1 TB all encased in a CM 690 chassis connectoed to a Dell SP2209WA monitor?

A:Solved: Corsair PSU and nVidia GTX 295

It should run the machine, but you would be better off with this power supply to give you more reserve power.
Relevancy 37.41%

What will be the better brand to buy if you had to choose between these two.

Corsair or Kingston HyperX T1

Kingston HyperX T1
KHX1600C9D3K3/6GX 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 (Kit of 3) XMP 9-9-9-27 1.65V Intending to purchase 2 sets for 12GB of Ram

HX3X12G1600C9 1600MHz 9-9-9-24-2T 1.6v 12GB (6x2GB)
It says here the clock speed is PC3-12800 (Haven't got a clue what this means)

Would like 12GB of memory for video editing.

Instead of starting another thread because there is something else I'm confused about. Is there much difference between CL7 and CL9 and will you notice the difference?

A:Memory - Corsair or Kingston

Personally, I've always preferred the Kingston brand over Corsair in general. Although others who've had more experience with both may chirp in with a more thorough rationale.

CL7/CL9 are latency measures, but I couldn't tell you if it's much of a noticeable difference. Since I assume you'll be doing heavy video editing rather than plain old web browsing, it'll be more likely to be a noticeable difference, and of course CL7 is the better choice (at least on paper).

By the way, PC3-12800 is just an alternative unit of measure for the RAM speed. 1600 MHz = PC3-12800. Here's a link to a decent article if you want to understand how RAM speeds work.
Relevancy 37.41%

Which one of these is "better"? I know theyre both ment for high perfoamance, but what are the differences in actual performance and OCing?

Also.. can someone explain to me what these numbers stand for: 3-8-8-4. I know they have to do with RAM performance but I don't know specifiaclly what each number does or means..

A:Kingston HyperX VS Corsair XMS

Pretty much both companies go neck n' neck. I prefere Corsair, but in some intel mobo Kingston seems to be just a tad faster.
Intead of stuffing this post with explanation of RAS, CAS, timmings, keep in mind this. The lower the numbers the better.. So a 2-5-5-4 will be faster then a 3-8-8-4
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm currently using G. Skill Ram, 4 sticks for ddr2 900. I'm reading revies of my motherboard, getting a bus rate of up to 400 stable. I'm currently able to get 350, stable until I run number programs to get my cpu usage above 80% across the board on all cores. I'n the review I saw, person was using corsair ram, might my ram be the issue?

A:G. Skill vs Corsair Dominator ?

I would vote for the Corsair. G.Skill is a good company but not as great as Corsair. And correct me if I'm wrong but the Dominator's are part of the XMS Series right?
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I would like some selection with Corsair Help memory help with memory selection My chosen motherboard is Gigabyte GA- P-DS for Coure Duo E My question is not about compatibility since the sticks are compatible based on Gigabyte s website Help with Corsair memory selection I just wanted to know the difference between the various Corsair gb XMS models I m a newbie regarding RAM and do not really know a lot about voltage or latency Most of the guides I found about memory selection are quite outdated Basically I narrowed it down to models I have decided to go with Corsair since they have good reputation but I m not sure which one should I go for Corsair XMS TWIN X - Matched Pairs GB Kit x GB PC DDR - CL - - - -pin Dual Help with Corsair memory selection Channel Memory CAN Corsair XMS TWIN X - C DHX Matched Pairs GB Kit x GB PC DDR - CL - - - -pin Dual Channel DHX Memory CAN Corsair XMS TWIN X - C Matched Pairs GB kit x GB PC DDR - CL - - - -pin Dual Channel Memory CAN My hunch tells me to go with the rd choice since its more expensive But my system won t be high end As for overclocking it might be an option possibly in a year s time Help with Corsair memory selection Help would be nice Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 37.41%

Computer newbie here so here goes...

I have a Gigabyte M/B k8n pro I have had a 512 stick of corsairs
cmx512re-3200llpt (ecc) in it for 2 years working great. I just bought a 1 gig stick of corsairs cmx1024-3200c2pt and when I install it I get a long beep and the comp. wont boot. I can use either of these sticks by themselves but not together. They are both 400 mhz. The timing on the 512 is 2326 and on the 1024 it is 2336 both cas 2. Any ideas???

Amd 64 3200
radeon 9800 pro 128
Gigabyte k8n pro mobo (have not updated bios since purchase)
WD hd 150 sata
X-Fi sound card

A:Corsair memory issues

I think the problem might be mixing the ecc RAM with non-ecc RAM. Sometimes you can mix them but sometimes it can cause problems.
Relevancy 37.41%

System Specs Windows Xp Pro SP and latest security patches Pentium gb Corsair XMS X MB MHZ CL Seagate SATA HDD Nortons Anti Virus with current virus definitions and subscibed until Feb The problem is the pc keeps shutting down and restarting I have rung Microsoft Tech Support with the error codes and they said it is RAM related if not the ram itself or RAM configuration I have done a memtest on each individual Corsair module I have and no errors in any of them Then I did a memtest with running X modules in Dimm and Dimm to run at Dual Channel and Corsair GA-8IPE775-G Gigabyte & no problems I Gigabyte GA-8IPE775-G & Corsair then run memtest with X modules in Dimm Dimm and Dimm this runs at Single Channel and once again no problem Gigabyte GA-8IPE775-G & Corsair there Then I ran Gigabyte GA-8IPE775-G & Corsair X modules in all the Dimms at Dual Channel and I get errors I removed module from Dimm and did test and got error Replaced module in Dimm and removed module from Dimm and no errors Swapped ram modules to each different Dimms except Dimm and no errors This leads me believe that Dimm slot on my motherboard is at fault Cas settings on RAM that I have tried - - - - - - And bumped voltage to and I have been in contact with Corsair and they say it is motherboard problem is there any settings that I can do that I have not already done to try and fix the problem Runs rock solid with gb gb of RAM does not gb at all So I am pretty sure that it is the motherboard I would like to know how to find and read the minidumps Thanx in advance Gudge nbsp

A:Gigabyte GA-8IPE775-G & Corsair

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

This is not me forte,
When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 or 1003 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump. Check system event 1001 and 1003 and it has the summary of the blue screen.
Several members study the mini dumps and can tell you the culprit/s.
They ask for 5 or 6 mini dumps to see the trends.
zip them down and attach to post or if too big U/L to a website and
list the url here..
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys so this issue started yesterday and has persisted through to today so my m60 now moves jerkily when I try to move the mouse I will try to fraps it but fraps is playing up but when I use a cheap oem dell mouse I do not have this issue.
Could my m60s mouses laser be dieing on me? :/
(Ignore the text doc I was going to try with fraps but it wouldn't work and excuse the shakey cam :'))
The video is me trying to move it in a straight line across my icons
WP 20130823 120404Z - YouTube

A:Is my corsair m60 mouse dieing on me?

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for it? Link.
Relevancy 37.41%

I recently found this Corsair PSU series (RM)while looking at the next build and thought they are a definite improvement over the HX series - for what I want anyway. But any comments would be great to hear about them especially if anyone has used one (or more).
Corsair RM Series Power Supply Units ? 80 PLUS? Gold certified, fully modular and optimized for silence and high efficiency

A:Some nice stuff from Corsair

Corsair RM850 850W Review

Review of the 850 above by Jonnyguru says this:

"the 550 and 650 use a totally different platform from a totally different OEM. CWT built the little guys, while Chicony builds the 750 and 850".

Here is his review of the 650:

Corsair RM650 650W Review
Relevancy 37.41%

i have FX-8150 8core.
ASRock 970 Extreme 4 Motherboard.

i've tried the looking the bios option did find anything , also tried the maximum memeory option in MSConfing and restart , updated the BIOS to last ver 2.0 , nothing worked .
can someone help me please , thanks in advance.

A:8GB RAM corsair is read 3.98 usable.

shared video memory enabled in bios?
Relevancy 37.41%

Would the corsair H60 water cooler fit my motherboard the M68MT-S2P. And would it over lap a ram slot? I think it would fit but I want to be sure before I waste ?50

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2P Nvidia GeForce 7025 AMD AM3 7.1.. |

Corsair H60: Corsair H60 Hydro CPU Water / Liquid Cooler CWCH60 | eBay

A:M68MT-S2P plpus Corsair H50

Yes it would fit and no it would not overlap your RAM's. A water coolin block is smaller then a Stock coller when it comes to the motherboard mounting since the Water block will be placed in the back of your chassie together with the fan,
Relevancy 37.41%

I bough a SDD corsar F240. I don't find the driver for it. I found an upgrade, but to upgrade, I need at least a driver for it.

Any idea where I could find it?

A:Corsair F240 driver

No driver needed for any ssd drive.
Relevancy 37.41%

Got a Corsair H80i installed on a ASUS P8Ztt-V Pro board with a 3770K, all stock settings except for RAM set to specs.
Connected the Corsair Link dingle berry cable and fans to the pump Y-connector.
I downloaded the Link software from the Corsair site so I assume it's the newest version. Apparently the light on the pump is supposed to change color too....nope.

Is this what it's supposed to look like?

A:Corsair H80i Problems

You need to "drag" the item in the left panel to the case. You configure the RGB with the right panel tabs. It should look like this.
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello, i would like to know if anyone here knows how much a system is impacted by ram speed.

Will you get significant boost from switching 1333 to 1600 or 3000 ?

Plus higher frequencies means higher delay too.

I currently use 1600 mhz ram because it was as cheap as 1333 at time i bought it, but i don't think i could tell the difference from a 1333 kit

A:Corsair ship out new 3Ghz ram, WHY ?

Magissia, Welcome to SF.
Can you ship me some of that 3000 to see how much voltage I'd have to throw at that, lol. You ask a good question regarding the noticeable speed differences between 1333, 1600 and higher. I would say for normal web surfing tasks and such it would be hard to notice a big speed difference between 1333 and 1600 but it's there and when you compare 1600 to 1866 it's small but there and measurable. Now measurable and perceptible are two different beasts. With the pricing being so aggressive with DDR3 I say get the higher mhz. ram and tighten the timing settings and just leave it alone and it'll do it's job. Oh and my offer stands I'll take any of that DDR3 2800 you can ship me and I'll test it out for ya !
Relevancy 37.41%

The Samsung is $149, the Corsair is $119, any opinons on which I should get for my Z170 build will be appreciated, I`m sure the 850 Pro is arguably the best SSD out there, but the Corsair has great numbers and is their top of the line model.

I`ll post the links to each drive.

Thanks for any input

Neutron Series?„? XT 240GB SATA 3 6Gb/s SSD (2015 Edition)

SSD 850 PRO 2.5?€? SATA III MZ-7KE256BW | Memory & Storage

Good review of the Corsair here.

Corsair Neutron Series XT SSD Review | - Storage Reviews
Relevancy 37.41%

The Samsung is $149, the Corsair is $119, any opinons on which I should get for my Z170 build will be appreciated, I`m sure the 850 Pro is arguably the best SSD out there, but the Corsair has great numbers and is their top of the line model.

I`ll post the links to each drive.

Thanks for any input

Neutron Series?„? XT 240GB SATA 3 6Gb/s SSD (2015 Edition)

SSD 850 PRO 2.5?€? SATA III MZ-7KE256BW | Memory & Storage

Good review of the Corsair here.

Corsair Neutron Series XT SSD Review | - Storage Reviews
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm looking to finally upgrade to an SSD in my system, from my specs, i allready have a couple of normal HDD's to use so this is only for aps and OS. All the data and games willbe on the HDD. But i'm no sure witch is the best buy from these 2. I will be kicking myself if one i didn't get is faster then the other.

OCZ 60GB Vertex 2E SSD 2.5" SATA-II Read.. |
Corsair 60GB Force SSD 2.5" SATA-II Read.. |

A:OCZ Vertex 2 vs Corsair Force

They both have identical specs so any performance difference between them will be negligible and certainly not noticeable. I would read the reviews on both of them and make your decision based on that. In addition, the Corsair model is ?7 cheaper.
Relevancy 37.41%

Is Corsair Force Series F60 a good choice?
Is Corsair Force Series F60 enough for,win7 ultimate 64bit + SP1+Updates+applications+games(modern games are getting bigger and bigger every day)
Attachment A is my C:/ in clean install with all my applications and updates (without the SP1 or games)i never used more than 35gb in my hard disk.(I USE THE REST SPACE FOR GAMES)
So 35gb is in use,and with SP1 i will have FREE max space up to 20-22gb,is that enough?
Attachment B is...
I install Dead Space 2 and now i have 42gb in use,i have 15-17gb with just one game installed,and again is that enough for future updates and games?
What is ur opinion?
Is there any game that use more than 20gb in hard disk?

A:Corsair Force Series F60

It's enough, though a bit cramped. There are games that use upwards of 10Gb of space, don't know of any that use 20.
Relevancy 37.41%

In the last two months I have had two corsair cx600v2 power supplies that have died (almost exploded) in the same fashion: The first time it just dropped in the middle of a game of Dead Island and I smelled smoking from the PSU. Took it out and saw that there was a white substance (I'm assuming battery acid) pouring onto the psu. I recently got around to buying another power supply (same make and model). I plugged it in and no sooner than when I clicked the power button did the exact same thing happen again. Keep in mind I changed sockets and bought an $80 surge protector.

Intel DG41WV motherboard
Q9550 CPU
GTX 560
4gb DDR3
Also: Have not ruled out dirty power but I'd think that the surge protector coupled with the fact that other electronics have not suffered the same fate.

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi guys,
Just got a new Gigabyte GA-7VRXP motherboard and tried to run it with 256meg Corsair XMS2700 DDR, but it is giving me major problems. Reformatted the h/d (Maxtor D740) but Windows 2000 would not install AT ALL (blue screen errors on every attempt), Windows 98SE did go on eventually but again it keeps crashing and locking up, can't install anything else (ie directx 8.1!)
Any ideas? I feel it could be the memory or else the power supply (also have a Geforce 4 ti4400) which is a new 300watt model (supposed to be a good brand... but cant remember the name as Im now at work)

Anyone know of any incompatibility issues here?
Thanks for any comments

A VERY frustrated Donk3.

A:Gigabyte GA-7VRXP and Corsair XMS?

I did a search for your subject line (-the ?) and I got this:

Gigabyte ga-7VRXP w/corsair 333mghrtz pc 2700

Seems to have the same problem as you, but other people have it working. Also seems the GA-7VRXP has some RAM compatibility issues.
Relevancy 37.41%

having boot mgr errors 4-6 times a day computer reboots out of the blue have to go into bios re-identify the bootable os drive. have a corsair force 3 120gb SSD. have daily talks with corsair tech support. AHCI is enabled in the bios & MSAHCI is changed from 1 to 0 still get BOOTMGR is missing. i have done windows startup repair no change still get bootmgr. have updated the Firmware on the Corsair SSD. have done everything i can find to do. still get BOOTMGR is missing. asus p6x58d, intel I7-970 3.2ghz windows 7 ultimate SP1.

A:windows 7 Boot Mgr on corsair SSD

If you have updated the SSD to 1.3.3 then you will probably have to rma it. Have you tried a different port to plug it into? The marvell controller does not not run at advertised speed. Mine is plugged into the intel until the board is updated.
Relevancy 37.41%

ok, i just finished installing my fatal1ty an8 mobo, amd 64 3000+ processor, and corsair xms 2 gigs of memeory (twinx2048-3200c2pt).

problem is soon as i went ot turn it on, i'm getting a 0.4 on the error code clock with a beep. called abit tech support and they said its a ram compatibility issue. checked the corsair website and they said this much ram and model is compatible with the mobo.

my question: is there anything else i can do to determine if it truly bad memory or to help narrow down the problem?

A:fatal1ty an8 and corsair xms problems

You can try a program like Memtest. I have 2 computers with nForce chipsets and they wont work with Corsair RAM and Radeon video cards.
Relevancy 37.41%

I recently purchased new products:
abit Fatal1ty AN8 witn the nf4 ultra chipset
Corsair 2 gigs of XMS twinx2048-3200c2ptRT
and ATI x700 Pro 256

some recently informed me that ATI and Corsiar do not work with the nf4 ultra chipset.

my question is has anyone else heard of this issue and can confirm it for me?

much thanks

A:nf4 ultra chipset with ATI and Corsair

I have an MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra Motherboard, Corsair XMS TwinX1024-3200XLPRO DDR400 (2 X 512) and Asus Radeon EAX800XT Platinum Edition PCI Express.

If there is any issue, I haven't experience any that I'm aware of.
Relevancy 37.41%

The two memory sticks I'm looking at for my HP TC4200 are the CORSAIR and KINGSTON 512MB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 533.

The Corsair RAM is $90, while the Kingston is only $55.

Is there something about Kingston RAM that some of us don't know about? Any significance between the two?

A:Why is the Corsair RAM much pricier than the Kingston?

Why is SAAB more expensive than Opel/Vauxhall?
They're basically the same car, using the same internal components.

You are talking laptop memory here, which is always more expensive than normal memory. Also, a lot less laptop memory is produced/needed worldwide.
Kingston is bigger than Corsair, and produce more laptop memory.
Corsair sits in a niche and caters to people in-the-know who want just that bit extra quality and speed. That extra needs to be paid for.
Relevancy 37.41%

Just wanted to post this in series H50 Corsair Hydro case anyone was on the fence about this cpu cooler I came into some rare Corsair Hydro series H50 extra money Been reading that Corsair Hydro series H50 this all-in-one liquid cooling solution is pretty darned good--so I bought one Corsair Hydro series H50 today About a minute install as I had to remove my motherboard Even though I haven't had a chance to put it through a good test run yet I am very impressed with the idle temps thus far I was using a Core Contact Freezer and my idle temps at stock cpu speed was depending upon room temperature The last time I tried to put an overclock to this cpu my idle temps were about idle load--again depending upon room temperature And only in non-summer months I installed this H as the instructions stated--with the fan drawing air from the outside--and I mounted the fan and radiator to the rear of the case First run--temp leveled off at idle Pretty cool But the more I had my PC on the warmer it got up to about It turns out I mounted it in the wrong spot--my case is under a desk with the rear of the case about inches from the wall--and Radeon s exhausting their hot a air right below the intake fan for the radiator So I moved the fan and radiator to a spot on the top of the case and after about an hour of relatively doing nothing watching football and running firefox--I call that idle pretty much temps never got above I'll be sure to put some numbers here when I put an overclock to the cpu I'm gonna shoot for --I could probably shoot for but I'm a scardy cat I don't want to risk burning anything up until I have some cash reserve to replace parts if anything frys

A:Corsair Hydro series H50

I'd be interested to see what you get with an overclock.
I have an i7 clocked at 4GHz and a Noctua cooler with two fans(push/pull)
My CPU idles at 45c and can go up to the 60s under heavy load.
This seems a bit hot to me so I've been looking at different cooling solutions and the H50 is interesting.
I'm using a Cooler Master ACTS 840 case which is supposedly negative pressure so I'm not sure any kind of tower HSF cooler is going to have enough air to blow through the heat sink blades.
Maybe the H50 would be better but drawing more hot air into the case seems wrong somehow.
Let us know how you get on.
best wishes, J
Relevancy 37.41%

I am having random lockups due to the GIG X memory I have installed which is the Corsair CM X - C DHX - - - v VER mhZ As by bios does not have the V but and settings only I have it set at v to be safe I have also tried the same but MHz but the board only allows gigs x gig stick in each blue slot strange Can anyone tell where I can buy memory compatible with my Intel DX BT main board that is mhz with the xmp problem Corsair memory format The following requirements taken from my MB manual - System Memory The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features V with option to raise voltage to support higher performance DDR SDRAM DIMMs Unbuffered single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction Double-sided DIMMs with x organization are not supported GB maximum total system memory Refer to Section on page for information on the total amount of addressable memory Minimum total system memory MB Non-ECC DIMMs Serial Presence Detect DDR MHz DDR MHz DDR MHz and DDR MHz SDRAM DIMMs NOTES All DDR MHz memory recommended for use on this board is based on the XMP format See the following website for tested XMP modules http www intel com personal gaming extremememory htm If you are using DDR MHz DIMMs it is recommentded that you only populate two of the four DIMM slots specifically one slot in each channel It is recommended that you populate slot of each channel black connectors The maximum system memory for DDR is GB using Gbit Corsair memory problem technology memory in a R x configuration single-sided modules Remove the video card in the Primary PCI Express x connector before installing or upgrading memory to avoid interference with the memory retention mechanism To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications the board should be populated Corsair memory problem with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect SPD data structure This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance If non- SPD memory is installed the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency nbsp
Relevancy 37.41%

I have 4th of corsair dominator (2x2) and am looking to upgrade to 8gb or more. Would dominator gt kits or vengeance kits be better for gaming? I have an intel i5 750
Relevancy 37.41%

So I am thinking of upgrading my keyboard and mouse, I have the mouse sorted but I am sceptical about my keyboard. I am thinking of getting a Corsair Raptor K40 keyboard (Raptor K40 Gaming Keyboard (EU)). It is everything I need but I have never used one. Can I have your inputs on this keyboard or on Corsair keyboards in general and any recommendations for keyboards in ?60 range.

Many thanks,

A:Do you recomend Corsair Keyboards?

It all depends on what you want. Corsair make solid keyboards, if that's what you're asking. Do you want mechanical keys or rubber dome style? The Raptor K40 doesn't utilize mechanical switcher.
Relevancy 37.41%

My Corsair RM650i came with these two cables that I believe both are the link connectors that attach to motherboard. With the software I will be able to monitor performance, control fan speed from desktop and toggle single rail or multi rail (whatever that is). It says to use the USB header cable and connect to motherboard and other end to PSU, but the other cable states that IT'S the link connector in the manual?? Huh!?! Plus I don't have any tiny connector on my board. Are these cables used for the same thing? Also, I have 2 USB 2.0 ports on board. One is a 1112 and the other is 1314, which do I connect it to or does it matter? The motherboard (Asus Z170M-E D3) warns not to connect a 1394 cable into one of these ports... is that what this cable is?
So Confused!!!

A:Corsair RM650i Cables

Hi. The cable on the left has a usb header which you plug in to the motherboards spare connector and the other end goes into the pump unit. The one on the right provides power to the pump unit. I've found the manual here.
Relevancy 37.41%

I just bought a Corsair M gaming mouse I installed both the updated firmware and the drivers for the ports? USB dead Corsair = M60 mouse and played a few rounds of Medal of Honor Warfigher on multiplayer The mouse performed pretty good I played for a good three hours without a problem I then shut Corsair M60 = dead USB ports? down to attend to something away from my PC When I rebooted my PC two hours later the USB ports in the rear hub of my setup -- where the M was plugged -- were no longer working The mouse was unresponsive I did a hard shut Corsair M60 = dead USB ports? down plugged the mouse into a USB port in the front panel then boot my PC into Windows The mouse worked but the ports in rear USB hub remained unresponsive So I did the quot unplug the power cord wait five minutes then reboot quot band aid solution which -- as expected -- worked Windows installed its generic mouse drivers I m using those now I ve uninstalled the M driver for now but have kept the firmware update intact I would really like to be able to use the driver s features But I m worried that I might run into the same issue again and be forced into another hard reset What could have caused the problem I know it s a lot to ask but I d like to first hear your advice and inputs and perhaps learn more about this issue before I try re-installing the Corsair drivers I ve got an Asus P X Pro motherboard As mentioned the M is plugged into a rear USB port Here are the specs for the mouse As always your help and advice will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Corsair M60 = dead USB ports?

Try rolling back that driver update
Relevancy 37.41%

I wanted to check what ram I had and I opted to do it manually. After taking out and examining one I reseated it and booted up my PC. I checked my system settings and found RAM was at 4gb and not 8gb. I tried to reseat the ram again and I got the same results. I then tried swapping the two rams into each others slots. This time none of them worked and the PC won't turn on. The motherboard is still lit and when I try turning on my PC it plays three beeps that become shorter. E.g - BEEEEP BEEEP BEEP.
Does anyone know what's wrong with it? I have tried resetting the CMOS by removing the motherboard battery for 10-15 minutes but I've had no luck.
Relevancy 37.41%

To start, I am running windows 7 so the windows 8 problems with corsair link 2 should not apply. Here we go, basically the fan was working fine and I could adjust the speed of it in corsair link 2 along with the LED colour. I've recently turned on my PC to find my fans running at 100% speed and I've not been able to adjust the temps in corsair 2
Link or speed fan. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated, I have some screenshots to help out

Relevancy 37.41%

Im buying a crosshair V formula mobo and this ram is not on the QVL just making sure they are still compatible..

and if i have any problems the Memok! should fix it right?

A:CORSAIR Vengeance 4gb Sticks...

OK, you are buying ram NOT on the qvl list and you ask if it will work??? No one can give you an answer. Ram on the qvl list has been tested and found to work. If it is not on the list, you are a beta tester; it may work fine and it may not.
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all, this is a quick question. Just wondering if a Corsair 450watt PSU (which has 33amps on the 12v rail) is powerful enough to run my new budget build nicely.

These are the specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon x2 5000+
RAM: 1GB Corsair XMS2
Video Card: GeForce 9800GT
Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM

So will the Corsair unit be powerful enough for that setup? Or would it be best if i got a more powerful PSU instead? I know Corsair power supplies a very good quality which is why i want one.

A:Corsair 450watt PSU with my new system?

I'd go with a 500+ watt power supply, you may cut it close at peak performance.

The pcu is 65 watts draw right rage?
Relevancy 37.41%

Well my problem is, this psu has so many cables it causes heating to some extent. Is there anyway of removing the cables by unscrewing the psu? The entire inside of my computer is covered in cables which are unused, literally.
Thanks for help.

A:Corsair cx500 SO MANY CABLES?

If you can't roll up the unused cables and/or tie them out of the way, the best solution I've found is to use a modular PSU such as
I'm not recommending that particular PSU, it's just an example. It'll allow you to only install the cables you need. If the PSU you are using is new, maybe you can return it.
I wouldn't recommend trying to remove cables by disassembling the PSU. A new PSU is a lot cheaper than a new PC.
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey Im planning on overclocking my e as I want to wait it out until after Christmas to upgrade my computer I was previously P35 DS3L Corsair A70 Gigabyte and going to buy a overclocked sandy bridge bundle but changed my mind A70 Corsair and Gigabyte P35 DS3L and wanted to wait I just have a few questions really I was wondering A70 Corsair and Gigabyte P35 DS3L whether anyone had used a A Corsair and a Gigabyte P DS L Board I want to know whether it will fit I was going to purchase a Titan Fenrir Evo but had seen a few things online about it being MASSIVE and the corsair is better from what I ve seen in reviews I recently rang up overclockers co uk about a GPU cooler not fitting and asked him the same question and the guy said that you cant really tell until you buy it not a whole load of help but meh maybe he was having a bad day xD Also what thermal compound would you recommend I buy Slightly off topic if anyone knows of any aftermarket coolers for a non reference it would be awesome cant seem to find any at the moment and I really want to overclock it I foolishly bought a akasa vortexx to be disappointed but to be fair the website did not state otherwise RMA ftw Thank you for you time and any replies nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys...another 'will this work?' post:

I have a HD 4770 Sapphire card on the way with a Corsair 400cx 400 watt PSU to power it...and my new system.

the Corsair:

The official recommendation is a 450w PSU for the card...though the Corsair has [email protected] on the 12v rail...

This is what I intend to run:

........................................ ASUS M4A785-M AMD 785G
........................................ .Athlon II 250 'Regor' DUAL-core
.......................................... 2 SATA hard drives
............................................1 IDE disc drive
.............................................2 gig ram, DUAL-channel
..............................................1 USB external HD
...............................................a couple of fans...and of course..the 4770.

Lastly, I have no intention of OC'ing...but...if you've OC'd this 4770/PSU combo...I'd like the info you can provide...Cheers...

A:HD 4770 vs Corsair 400w cx PSU?

It should work, but I would shoot for at least a 500W power supply for extra headroom on additional components. The 400CX would probably be fine, but you would be better off with something more powerful anyways. Always better to have more juice available, opposed to coming up short...

I would recommend:

or for $10 more just get the 650W model TX.
Relevancy 37.41%

I am trying to determine if I need to get a better PSU and I can not seem to find the specs for the Corsair H50 Water cooling unit. I want to make sure my PSU is large enough to not cause any problems. I've looked around at PSU Calcs but none seem to list the H50.

Here is my new system:
CPU: i7 860
Mem: OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
VC: ATI Radeon 5870
PSU: OCZ 650watt
SDD: Intel X25-M G2
HDD: [email protected] & 500GB Western Digital Green
Cooling: Corsair H50
Fans: 2x80mm, 4x120mm
Fan controller: NZXT Sentry 2
Drives: DVD-RW (1)

Can anyone tell me if 650w is enough for this system? Thanks in advance.

A:Corsair H50 Power Requirements

650W should be sufficient.
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello Just a very simple question I plan on building a new computer soon I will be using 285? 650 for Corsair GTX enough watt a single an EVGA GeForce GTX video card and a Phenom II x BE CPU I was just wondering if a watt Corsair power supply would be enough to power that setup without any issues Incase your wondering The PSU i have in mind is the Corsair HX W Modular and has a single amp v rail So what do you Corsair 650 watt enough for a single GTX 285? guys think Enough for this new build Full Corsair 650 watt enough for a single GTX 285? spec list of the new PC is Motherboard Asus M N Deluxe RAM Corsair XMS Dominator DDR - Mhz GB Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX CPU AMD Phenom II x Black Edition Ghz PSU watt Corsair HX w Providing that will be fine Hard Drive Western Digital Black TB All that will be housed in the lovely Antec Nine Hundred Two case and that CPU will be cooled by a Zalman CNPS NT cooler Fairly nice pc for just over dollars NZ nbsp

A:Corsair 650 watt enough for a single GTX 285?

You should be just fine, as according to manufacturer that graphic card's requirement is 550W PSU.
Relevancy 37.41%

i got my system in the open [without case] on my desk. when i open Crysis warhead the buzzing starts at the flash screens and gets lower at the menu. its not loud, you have to be within 2 feet of the psu to hear it. i know its not the fan. it sounds like air leaking out of a Balloon. it doesn't happen when im playing a game or at idle. im not using a UPS but im using a power strip. can the buzzing any cause damage.

A:Corsair 850HX buzzing

A buzzing sound could indicate some electrical damage on the PSU. Which brand is it and how long have you been using it?