Windows Support Forum

Corsair Value Select Vs XMS

Q: Corsair Value Select Vs XMS

I just bought a new computer, i use 4x512MB sticks of corsair value select memory, i don't know much about computers so i will proberly never attempt to overclock my system.

Is it worth it to buy XMS memory or stick with what i got?

Thx in advance

Necrosjef.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Corsair Value Select Vs XMS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Corsair Value Select Vs XMS

I don't think it'd be worth it to switch. Did you read Techspots article on the topic?
http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/corsair_xms_vs_value_select/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-value-select-vs-xms.48844/
Relevancy 35.26%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 36.12%

Corsair has unveiled the world's first available 128GB DDR4 unbuffered memory kits. Aimed squarely at content creators running memory-hungry applications, the three new kits are available in Corsair's Dominator Platinum Series and Vengeance LPX and lines.

Read more

A:Corsair launches 128GB DDR4 kits starting at $1755

This is how I felt while reading this... and then when I saw the price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-launches-128gb-ddr4-kits-starting-at-1755.213139/
Relevancy 36.98%

I was given a year old Corsair power supply XMPSU- TX-C I wanted to make sure it Questionable Power Corsair Supply s working right before plugging it to a motherboard So I did the paper clip power on trick and all the voltages were ok I proceeded to connect just one harddrive The harddrive spins up and then Corsair Power Supply Questionable makes a revving noise every second as if its powering down and back up repeatedly Also theres a green LED light on the harddrive that blinks normally its a solid on This doesn t happen every time I cycle the power supply however When the harddrive powers up properly the LED light is constantly on and rpm is constant I tried two other harddrive with the same outcome The problem is definitely intermittent I connected all three harddrives with the same results I tried the same setup with two other power supplies with no issues at all I am now sure the issue is specific with the Corsair power supply Is it because there s not enough load on all rails making the power supply unstable The AC current draw was only mA so it wasn t the overcurrent protection kicking in The V line was steady Corsair Power Supply Questionable but the V line fluctuated a few hundredths of a volt in unison Corsair Power Supply Questionable with the harddrive revving The V line was steady when the harddrive powers up normally I m hesitant to connect a full computer to this Anyone have an idea before I try to RMA the power supply Is this just a peculiarity of this model nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-power-supply-questionable.209459/
Relevancy 36.98%

So just finished my new build and everything is perfect and quiet but I did notice the corsair h80i fans are not spinning yet, temp idles around 40C and only gets up to 50c while using fire-strike extreme, I have not plugged in the USB header for corsair link as of yet because I have no more spare headers on the motherboard. is this normal?

A:Corsair H80i fans not spinning up

U did not tell any thing about u'r build like what MOBO and what headers are u plugged into, as far as the temps that is fine, although 30 for doing nothing would be better, but 40 is fine. No as to the normal, are u shure u are plugged in right, and secure?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h80i-fans-not-spinning-up.207060/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm considering the upgrade above. The problem is all the reviews on both coolers were made with different cpus at different overclocking settings. I even tried to narrow the comparisons to a common denominator, like the intel stock cooler, which is sometimes present in most reviews, but even then, different cpus were used, making the info not that reliable. After some reading, I understood that the H60 is more silent and, obviously, occupies much less space, win-win situation. But regarding the performance, the info is rather cloudy.

Does anyone know anything on the subject?

A:CM Hyper 212 Plus to Corsair H60 - worth the upgrade?

Alpha Gamer said:

I'm considering the upgrade above. The problem is all the reviews on both coolers were made with different cpus at different overclocking settings. I even tried to narrow the comparisons to a common denominator, like the intel stock cooler, which is sometimes present in most reviews, but even then, different cpus were used, making the info not that reliable. After some reading, I understood that the H60 is more silent and, obviously, occupies much less space, win-win situation. But regarding the performance, the info is rather cloudy.

Does anyone know anything on the subject?Click to expand...

Personally I have played with H60's and Hyper212's and they both offer very similar performance. I would not count that as a worth upgrade except if you want a more silent system because the Hyper212 is already such an excellent air cooler and the H60 is kinda a low end liquid cooler.

Based on my experience, the same clock on the same chip result in the H60 (The only time I tested something like this was on a Phenom II X6 1100T at 4.0ghz) being a tad bit more silent, but the overclocking headroom remains the same for the most part (Within margin of error).

If you really want to move to Liquid cooling or upgrade for better clocks and a more silent system. Either an H80 style cooler or H100i (Or a likes AIO Liquid cooler) would be the best solution to go from a Hyper212.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cm-hyper-212-plus-to-corsair-h60-worth-the-upgrade.202924/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have put together a new build with the Gigabyte Assassin 2 m/board and a Corsair AX 860i PSU. On start up the PSU clicks out and won't run. The PSU Self test is good - green light and the fan is running, however when I connect all the peripherals the PSU just drops out and will not run. I have double checked all connections from the CPU, M/board, memory, graphics cards. This is all in a Thermaltake Level 10 case, my next check will be the hard drive connections - hot swap bays. Any help will be really appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-g1assassin-2-motherboard-corsair-ax-860i-wont-power-up.201388/
Relevancy 36.98%

So I just got me new PSU and my GTX 760. I started setting everything up, and decided to test the PSU, I plug everything in and the fan spins but only for a second and then stopped. I tried everything and it sill does not work, I used my old 400w psu and everything booted.

Could it be that my motherboard does not support the ATX 12 v2.3?
I believe my motherboard is an ATX 12 v 1.
Or just faulty PSU?
I cant use my GTX 760 on my old PSU because it does not support the pciE plugs. Hopefully sombody can help me. What could be the problem?
Motherboard ASRock H61m-dgs
Processor i5-2300 @2.8ghz
Memory 8gb
Video Card # 1 gtx 650 ti superclocked
Hard Drive # 1 200gb
Optical Drive # 1 none
Power Supply Corsair CX500 500w. and the old one
Monitor benQ
Operating System Windows 7 64bit

Relevancy 27.09%

I just got new SSD - Transcend 128GB. Installed Windows. When I cold boot my PC -- from a shut off state -- I get this message before Windows loads: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

However, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and reboot I come into Windows.

If I enter BIOS from cold boot, it does not detect my SSD. After rebooting it detects my SSD. Seems like the SSD is slow at firing up?

I have run chkdsk and memory test without any errors.

My motherboard is the MSI Z87-G55.

A:"Reboot and select proper boot device"

Just installed newest BIOS, it didn't help.

When I go into Board Explorer in BIOS it says SATA port 1 is empty. After reboot it says the same port is occupied by my SSD.

Update: Plugged in another hard drive (non-SSD). Same rules apply to it. On cold boot, none of the drives are detected. After reboot, both drives are detected. I used a non-SSD as system drive before this, worked perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.200351/
Relevancy 36.12%

Urgh Typical Install new case fans after moving HD cages from the front of Corsar T case Check they run ok Fine Put HD cages back in one in the space on the bottom of the case beside the PSU Fight with the cables to get the HDs connected and the modular PSU cables back into the PSU - Attempt to power on Nothing - Check cable try another power cable Nothing - No fans no lights nothing - No electrical sound when flipping the switch on the back of the PSU Seems I have a year warrant on the PSU and its only about years old But Corsair RMA system insists that you HX750, cables dead Corsair and after unplugging, reseating re-plugging quot try another PSU to verify the problem is Corsair HX750, dead after reseating and unplugging, re-plugging cables the PSU quot which is fair enough so off to buy another PSU probably another Corsair Hope the RMA system allows for refund rather than replacement otherwise I ll have PSUs which isn t really much use I guess I can use this as an opportunity to upgrade to a bigger PSU since CF HD SSD i K Ghz a powered device connected to almost every single USB port is probably getting towards it s limits I can then stick any replacement HX on Ebay Corsair HX750, dead after reseating and unplugging, re-plugging cables or something nbsp

A:Corsair HX750, dead after reseating and unplugging, re-plugging cables

Arris said:

Seems I have a 7 year warrant on the PSU and its only about 3 years old. But Corsair RMA system insists that you "try another PSU to verify the problem is the PSU" which is fair enough so off to buy another PSU, probably another Corsair.Click to expand...

I didn't have any fuss with my Corsair RMA request, when I mentioned using a Power Supply Tester.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-hx750-dead-after-reseating-and-unplugging-re-plugging-cables.197056/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello all,

Here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVm4jGNhxSQ
MB: New coming Asus Maximus VI Impact
CPU: Intel i5 4670K
GPU: MSI TF GTX 760 OC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8G 1600
CPU cooler: Corsair H80i
PSU: Seasonic X serie 650
SSD: Samsung Pro 840 128G
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1T
Case: Bitfenix Prodigy white

So the installation was not easy, but I finally managed to install all carefully. I made a super clean windows 7 ultimate 64 bit installation and installed all driver correctly.

The only problem is this: I get this annoying hard drive clicking noise from the H80i. I don't know if it is the pump or the fans or the radiator. But I am pretty sure that I comes from the cpu cooler.

So what do you think about this issue and which component could be the source of the problem? Thank you very much in advance. Regards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h80i-startup-clicking-noise.196394/
Relevancy 36.12%

So my rig is as follows Case Corsair Obsidian D Processor FX Currently ghz Ram Gskill Trident X Mobo Asus Crosshair V-Z GPUs Powercolor HD s with Swiftech Epsilon Water Blocks Cooling XSPC RX Extreme Liquid cooling with a XSPC mm Single Rad at the back and the XSPC dual bay reservoir with Swiftech MC v Pump At the moment I have a Negative Air pressure going through my case due to lack of inputs for intake on the case Right now I have a mm Fan at the bottom intaking air and my Cooling 800D Obsidian Assistance Liquid Corsair and Radiators are mounted at the top and back areas Corsair Obsidian 800D and Liquid Cooling Assistance according to sizes exhausting with fans at top and at the back Right now temps even under gaming loads like BF are fine and Prime on my for an hour never exceeds degrees But I am trying to go a bit further and I dont like having a negative Corsair Obsidian 800D and Liquid Cooling Assistance air pressure Corsair Obsidian 800D and Liquid Cooling Assistance in the case because I like more air being pulled through the filters to prevent so much dust build up on the Radiators and such My Co-Worker recommended me reversing the to intake with a filter at the top and even though the air would be warm it would add better cooling is what he believes Im not so sure and I hate to do that and then just reverse it back because it harms the temps What do yall think or does anyone have any alternative solutions Bear in mind im happy with my current fans as they are nice fans and I like the sound I get from them They are Aerocool Shark mm and Cooler Master Sickle Flow mm fans My Cooling system currently runs in this order Reservoir Pump--CPU-- mm--HD s-- mm--Reservoir Pump Any ideas I wanted to have more overclocking headroom to eventually try ghz and also I just wanted to be able to have better cooling all around Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Corsair Obsidian 800D and Liquid Cooling Assistance

Massive OC CPU and TWO dual-gpu beasts, all off the one loop? All I can say is --> :O

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-obsidian-800d-and-liquid-cooling-assistance.192762/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi there everybody,

I want to get the Corsair H100... but I am not sure if I have to do maintenance on it ? What I mean is if I have to exchange the fluid ? Or do I have to do something else every x months to it ? Or just let it be as in the normal air cooler ? Any ideas ?

A:Corsair Hydro H100 Cooler

It is meant to be zero hassle/no maintenance. It is not like an open loop system in which you have to change the liquid every 6 months. If temperatures begin to get a bit toasty over the years, replace the thermal paste. It has a 5 year warranty so they will replace it if it begins to leak. Always watch for leaks since they can damage the CPU if they get out of control.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-hydro-h100-cooler.191898/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok so I bought the corsair w ax from scan a few days ago and it doesn t work at all my pc doesn t boot up the motherboard quot P Z -V PRO THUNDERBOLT LGA quot LED doesn t show to say its quot alive quot pc doesn t even start up not even a little flick on the fans but my old PSU the one I was using on my old motherboard works fine as I am using the pc with it Now here s whats making me confused I tested the corsair PSU on a friends pc same thing didn t work but I RMAed it to scan and they said its been tested works fine so is scan lying to me or is there a comparability issue or Also a off-topic question I googled about adding a waterblock to my Problem Corsair ax850 850w EVGA would it invalid my warranty I got no answers so I am hoping someone here can shed light on the matter thanks nbsp

A:Corsair 850w ax850 Problem

I think you should RMA it to them and ask for a new one. Or try contacting Corsair, but they will probably tell you to RMA it to the place you bought it from. As for your 660, if you put a waterblock on it, it will void the warranty. I wouldnt bother waterblocking the 660. It isnt a very powerful card. I think you should only waterblock a 660Ti and up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-850w-ax850-problem.192352/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello everyone

I am about to buy corsair vengeance 8gb 18660mhz. My mobo is Asus M5A97 LE R2.0. My cpu is AMD3+. Will the ram be compatible with my motherboard. Please answer asap.
Thankyou

A:Corsair Vengeance memory compatibility

Yes it is compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-vengeance-memory-compatibility.191166/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone knows of a good mod guide, or has even done a 500R window mod. I mean replacing the mesh and putting in a window. If you could guide me towards something decent I would appreciate that.

baN

A:Corsair 500R side panel window mod

http://www.overclock.net/t/1359085/case-mod-build-log-corsair-500r-side-panel-window-mod
Overclock.net is great for hardware mods.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-500r-side-panel-window-mod.190190/
Relevancy 27.09%

Is there a way to choose on which wifi adapter the virtual hosted network will be created Because I am using an external USB adapter with stronger antenna but windows prefers the internal one I use both of them what makes it more difficult if not I could simply deactivate it the it will choose the external automatically any advises There could be a simple solution to my problem If to Virtual - adapter how Wi-Fi specific "hostednetwork" Wi-Fi select as a I deactivate the other adapter it Virtual Wi-Fi - how to select a specific Wi-Fi adapter as "hostednetwork" will automatically start the hosted network on the active adapter netsh wlan start hostednetwork Is Virtual Wi-Fi - how to select a specific Wi-Fi adapter as "hostednetwork" there a way Virtual Wi-Fi - how to select a specific Wi-Fi adapter as "hostednetwork" to deactivate a specific wifi adapter per batch file That would be a trick to get the hosted network on the desired adapter The script should include three steps deactivate the wifi adapter that I don t want to use as hosted network netsh wlan start hostednetwork reactivate the wifi adapter So I could simply run this script as a scheduled task on boot up or login Anyone can help me Thx nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-wi-fi-how-to-select-a-specific-wi-fi-adapter-as-hostednetwork.187455/
Relevancy 37.41%

I just bought a Corsair M gaming mouse I installed both the updated firmware and the drivers for the ports? USB dead Corsair = M60 mouse and played a few rounds of Medal of Honor Warfigher on multiplayer The mouse performed pretty good I played for a good three hours without a problem I then shut Corsair M60 = dead USB ports? down to attend to something away from my PC When I rebooted my PC two hours later the USB ports in the rear hub of my setup -- where the M was plugged -- were no longer working The mouse was unresponsive I did a hard shut Corsair M60 = dead USB ports? down plugged the mouse into a USB port in the front panel then boot my PC into Windows The mouse worked but the ports in rear USB hub remained unresponsive So I did the quot unplug the power cord wait five minutes then reboot quot band aid solution which -- as expected -- worked Windows installed its generic mouse drivers I m using those now I ve uninstalled the M driver for now but have kept the firmware update intact I would really like to be able to use the driver s features But I m worried that I might run into the same issue again and be forced into another hard reset What could have caused the problem I know it s a lot to ask but I d like to first hear your advice and inputs and perhaps learn more about this issue before I try re-installing the Corsair drivers I ve got an Asus P X Pro motherboard As mentioned the M is plugged into a rear USB port Here are the specs for the mouse As always your help and advice will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Corsair M60 = dead USB ports?

Try rolling back that driver update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-m60-dead-usb-ports.186546/
Relevancy 37.84%

Pretty much what the title says.
I've already got one 550ti, so I was wondering if I could just get a second one and run it in SLI.
my mobo is the Asrock 970 Extreme 4, so it supports SLI. my main concern is whether 650W isn't enough.
Also, what kind of performance could I expect from this SLI setup? I've heard it would perform similar to a GTX570.
any input is appreciated

A:Can I run 2xGTX 550 Ti on a Corsair HX-650?

Seeing how the card requires a 400W PSU and the card itself only draws 116W, I'd say an additional card would require only 520W. I think your 650W PSU will be fine for a Geforce GTX 550Ti SLI setup.

GeForce GTX 550Ti Specifications:

Maximum Graphics Card Power (W) -- 116W
Minimum System Power Requirement (W) -- 400W

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-run-2xgtx-550-ti-on-a-corsair-hx-650.185115/
Relevancy 36.12%

I've just installed Corsair H60 liquid cooling and when I tried booting my computer up, after 5 seconds or so, everything stops. It happens every time I tried to boot the computer up.
My monitor was black and nothing appeared.
For 2 seconds before the entire system stops, the fan gets very noisy. And for the entire time the computer was booting up, my gpu's fan was even noisier than when I was playing my games.
I cannot get to BIOS or anything.
Why is this happening?

Cooling system: Cosair H60
Cpu: Intel I5 760
GPU: ATI 5770
Mobo: Gigabyte Ga-H55M-UD2H
PSU: 600W Max - 700W

A:PC doesn't work after installing Corsair H60 liquid cooling

You may have a short someplace between the motherboard and the case, or you may have bent the motherboard while installing the CPU cooler. I'd take the cooler out and replace it with the stock cooler and try again to see it the board still works. If it does I'd try the H60 again, but I'd make sure the motherboard wasn't under any extra stress from it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-work-after-installing-corsair-h60-liquid-cooling.178522/
Relevancy 35.69%

So im planning a PSU upgrade for the future.

I have read some reviews on the Corsair HX series and also Coolermaster Silent pro Gold series. Both seem like pretty awesome PSUs only major differences I have read is rippling is lower with Corsair.

At this moment the Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W goes for $229AUD, and the HX-1050 is $265AUD online prices of course.

Anyone have any preferences between the two?

A:Thoughts? on Corsair HX-1050 vs Cooler Master Silent pro Gold 1000W

I've been using Corsair power supplies for years and have always been happy with their performance. That's a pretty good price on the Coolermaster and both are modular, tough call.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thoughts-on-corsair-hx-1050-vs-cooler-master-silent-pro-gold-1000w.173579/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,
my specs:

E 6750 2.67 ghz core 2duo,
2gb ram,
450W psu.

budget: 150 $.

Mostly I will play Fifa 12,pes 2012, COD.High settings,normal resolution(on a 19inch monitor).

A:Help me select a graphics card

Did you build this system yourself? What kind of psu do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-select-a-graphics-card.172498/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello there,

I am going to be getting myself a new PSU.

I will be using the following system:

AMD Athlon II x2 240 @ 3.5GHz
MSI 785GM-E51
Kingston 9905458-011.A00LF 4 GB RAM @ 1000 MHz
HP 9800GT 1GB/later will be getting a hd 6950 2GB
IDE Benq ATA Device optical drive
Floppy reader
WDC WD10EARS-003BB1 HDD
Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced (hopefully)

Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/coolermaster-gx-750-vs-corsair-tx-750-v2-which-one-is-better-for-me.171267/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help I would like to say I know my stuff when it comes to PC s as ive been building software or Hardware for a good years now however this one has left me a little frustrated and also feel stupid at the same time Just a little under Months ago I had an absolute Bargain on a Vengeance kit triple channel MHz timing - - - CL so snapped them up straight away From This I built my Rig and came to about Now looking at the reviews at the time the Corsair Cooling Air Series A was absolute kicking butt so naturally i opted for that Now I built the Rig set it and and The Heat sink overlaps issue Corsair Vengeance RAM CPU and cooler onto the first RAM Slot Now if I had gone for normal RAM I will be safe however Just like me I didn t and hence I lost the first Port I would Love to use the first Port as I really would like to Max out my board and wont have to worry about Spec for ages but trying to get a sensible answer from Google is hard I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and If so Can you recommend a Good Heatsink Cooler for My CPU as I would love to use all Ports My CPU is a AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thanks all nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-cooler-and-corsair-vengeance-ram-issue.171163/
Relevancy 36.98%

I m thinking of taking the plunge to SSD and this GB Corsair Force looks general SSD SSD Corsair concerns and GT Force like a good one to go for Scan co Corsair Force GT SSD and general SSD concerns uk GB SSD Corsair Force Series GT SATA III - Gb s Solid State Drive - CSSD-F GBGT-BK Compaired to the OCZ Vertex both SSd s are indicated as quot Hot Sellers quot on the Scan co uk website this Corsair has a higher read amp write speeds and IOPS Corsair Force GT SSD and general SSD concerns Befoe I purchase it does anyone know any cons against this drive Secondly I heard many horror stories against SSD s and was told to steer clear of them because they re still in their early days not very reliable and need to have their various issues fixed so in the meantime it s best to stick with the trusted mechanical HD I heard things about SSD s failing suddenly slowing down over time contents erasing mysteriously and they need occasional rebuilding Is any of this true or are the stories referring to older generations of SSD and ALL of those issues are now fixed A friend of mine bought an SSD HD hybrid and one day that ereased all its contents so he had to Corsair Force GT SSD and general SSD concerns download some firmware to prevent this from happening again Thanks Sarmad nbsp

A:Corsair Force GT SSD and general SSD concerns

Just be smart,
buy a faster lower capacity SSD say like 60GB. Install only the OS on this drive. On a separate regular hard drive keep your programs and important data... I have a 3 500GB hard drive RAID setup, a 420GB back up hard drive and 2 optical drives, all SATA. I don't have any more available SATA ports

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-force-gt-ssd-and-general-ssd-concerns.169709/
Relevancy 36.55%

With my birthday coming up I thought it would be good to give my pc a boost so I have lined this up a a possible upgrade.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/...psetmotherboards/asus/90-mibdq5-g0eay0dz.html

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/...3-12800/1600mhz/corsair/cmx4gx3m2a1600c9.html

I have 100 to spend (give or take) and would want to upgrade to a new motherboard for better overclocking as my current refuses to go over 3.6ghz. Obviously a new motherboard will be an am3 so new ram is needed. I've seen this corsair ram alot in various value pc builds so I figured at 30 it will be perfect. I also picked this motherboard because of its crossfire capability. Since the hd 6870's have fallen considerably in price I plan to get a second near Christmas.

Any thoughts? Thanks

A:Asus M4A88T-V EVO & Corsair XMS3 4GB upgrade

Happy Birthday!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m4a88t-v-evo-corsair-xms3-4gb-upgrade.169178/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all I just finished updating Windows Ultimate on my studio computer labeled studio in my systems if you wish to see all specs and when I went to reboot it it displayed the error message quot PLEASE REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE quot So immediately I thought I must have the boot order wrong or the hard disc set to RAID or something Error: new "Please reboot select and media" build on proper boot What I ve done so far Tried to play with BIOS settings and SATA connections in every possible configuration - NO RESULT Tried to boot from Win disc in order to repair - got same message even when hard disc disconnected Took out one stick of RAM and tried both in both Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build slots - NO RESULT Checked all cabling and recabled entire system from ground up - NO RESULT Swapped out motherboard with a completely different brand new motherboard the MSi GTM-E - NO RESULT Repeated steps - with new motherboard - NO RESULT Checked hard drive multiple times and even booted from it attached to my MAIN computer Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build s motherboard - Hard drive totally operational no result for studio computer I need serious help on this one If anyone has any advice that I have not tried please please please help It is an older hard drive but has only been used with Win nbsp

A:Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build

Did you try running "fixmbr" or "fixboot" from the repair console? Here's a M$ support page on that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Are you saying that updating from Windows Update trashed the install?

Or, the BIOS in most new boards comes set to run as IDE. Have you tried setting the HDD to "AHCH". (I think that would be called directly, "SATA" in an AMD based board).

Plan "B" always involves trying to boot from a Linux CD to attempt to access and copy your data files, before a drastic measure like zeroing out the drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-please-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-media-on-new-build.168941/
Relevancy 27.09%

which i have yet to find a solution to after four hours of scouring the tubes i finally got all the pieces of my new computer together new HW msi mainboard k n pgm -v amd athlon II x mb RAM nvidia geforce gt x sata LG multi drive x sata gb drive not new but unused old HW x IDE gb drives x IDE cd r w the old hw works fine when plugged into my old computer boots etc never had any issues with them at all except the cd drive sticks sometimes i ve set jumpers correctly all cables are seated properly both the SATA HD and the SATA multi-drive power up and seem to work correctly as do both IDE drives and the IDE disk drive the BIOS recognizes all components installed and i ve set my boot sequence to boot "Reboot and select boot error proper device" from only the IDE disk drive and in another attempt only the SATA disk drive still get the same error i ve connected the old HD with the old XP os installed on it and it gives me boot options you know safe mode w or w o command prompt etc or start windows normally but obviously as the OS was installed with another MB gfx "Reboot and select proper boot device" error card etc it would blue screen on me and reboot the computer the manufacturer screen for the mainboard appears normally any "Reboot and select proper boot device" error combination of IDE or SATA HD s has been tried the only thing i haven t tried that i have seen on the web is removing the video card but i fail to see where that would affect the computers ability to recognize the CD in the disk drive Also the only copy of windows xp pro I have at "Reboot and select proper boot device" error the moment is a burned copy i have a product key set for my new computer and i have used this same copy to install onto my younger siblings computer and had no problems at all now if I am completely ignorant to a fact like part or most of my computer will not run XP please forgive me but it seems like even if that were the case the computer would still try and boot with the CD inserted any help at all would be greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to help me out snuffXdub nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-error.168546/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi there peeps,

I intend to buy 8 Gb of corsair vengeance memory and i would like to know if it is compatible with my mobo. My motherboard it the AsRock N68c-s ucc, its chipset is Nvidia, although i dont know if this makes a difference or not?? please respond asap

thankyou, Ace Rimmer.

A:Corsair Vengeance memory compatibility?

You are going to use memory that cost 3 times as much as your motherboard. This doesn't make much sense. If you are using an AM3 CPU this memory should work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-vengeance-memory-compatibility.166522/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi.. I need to know the authorized service centers for Corsair Memory in India(Mainly in Coimbatore/Chennai).

A:Corsair Service Centre locations in India?

If this is to return a faulty product under warranty, go to here: http://www.corsair.com/support/technicalsupport

Fill it out, and they will be in touch with where to send your product for repair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-service-centre-locations-in-india.165122/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi i have a Advent Atom N laptop which has encountered a problem When i boot my PC i get the following error Reboot amp Select a proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device amp press any key quot I went into BIOS to see the Hard Drive status but i can t see any option where the HD is detected so i assume it is not being detected I thought this issue reboot not & boot BIOS drive msg detected select device Hard - in meant the HD must be the problem However i took the HD out of the Advent amp tried it on another laptop and it worked fine Also i used the working lapyops HD to test the Advent Atom laptop amp i get the same error - even though the HD i tried is a perfectly working one I have checked to see if the hard drive has power going to it amp i can hear it spinning I have tried the recovery CDs but they won t install assuiming thatw ithout a drive the recovery software can t install The hard drives in question are SATA drives I m completely confused as to what the issue can Hard drive not detected in BIOS - reboot & select boot device msg be If it isn t the hard drive then what can it be Can anyone please help me with this issue regards Shuja nbsp

A:Hard drive not detected in BIOS - reboot & select boot device msg

This is probably an issue with SATA drivers. One vital piece of information is missing from your post, what version of windows are you using and is it already installed on the hard drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios-reboot-select-boot-device-msg.162375/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all Im new to this site and have been literally trawling the net and a lot of forums looking issues RAM Corsair for anyone with my problems or similar I feel I have gone as far as I can go with this and it has brought me here I would be very grateful if I could be advised but I will warn that this may be a long winded post sorry as I have more than one query It would seem silly to post multiple questions in different threads Ok First of all I will give you my system specs as follows Epsilon W PSU Intel Core Duo E GHz Corsair XMS DDR PC - C GB - - - x sticks Corsair XMS DDR PC - C GB - - - x stick currently removed will explain why WD GB HDD Leadtek Winfast GTX Sony Optiarc DVD-ROM DDU Sony DVD RW AW-G A Creative Xfi Extreme Audio Corsair RAM issues Foxconn P AA KS H mobo - BIOS V PG Windows XP Media Centre Edition SP I have had this computer since early hence an original BIOS version and it was purchased through Evesham computers so it was an OEM machine Now I have been running Windows XP for the same amount of time and have had little problems with it but recently I have been convinced and after much thought to take the jump to Windows copy on its way as I write this I am by nature a stubborn little sod but I decided that GB would not do my PC any justice running in a bit environment My CPU and mobo I believe is bit compliant please correct me if I m mistaken and as well as the arrival of Crysis I decided to buy some more RAM For a long time the standard Ram that was installed was the GB sticks see specs This Ram was not configured or over clocked just simply left as it was from the day it was installed I ordered and fitted a GB corsair stick again please see specs and basically put this stick in slot and put the x GB sticks into slots amp so GB in total Booted up windows and at POST it said update successful so that told me that it had read my new Ram Also going into system information told me that I had physically GB of Ram I know that due to the simple fact I am running XP bit that I won t see all the GB of Ram hence the upgrade to windows All seemed well However very recently I have been having issues particularly during a cold boot up where the Foxconn splash screen or post screen if you like comes up mobo beeps once and then it stays static or hangs HDD activity LED solid and no noise at all Now forgive me I know exactly what you are thinking Why are you mentioning Ram and now going on about your HDD Well allow me to explain I first thought and got a friends advice and believed that I had a lazy hard drive and that it wasn t spinning up Now it is worth mentioning by the way that warm boots and restarts do not cause issues only cold boots As I said earlier I have had this PC since early and it has been running pretty much everyday so I really did think that it is on its way out even though it isn t making clunking noises or sounding symptoms of a slowly failing hard drive like the read head dropping or failing pins etc The boot up issues only seemed to start say a week after my new Ram install and I never thought anything of it until I went back to my friend He had a quick look inside and said that because I am running the GB sticks in dual channel mode and the GB as a sole unit not paired up that it is causing conflicts and possibly halting the boot sequence as in post screen hanging He also mentioned that the blue slots which I think are amp are the dual channel slots and I had these sticks in slots amp and the GB stick in slot so was spare sorry if confusing I removed the GB stick completely and put the GB slots into slots amp as advised by my friend Now I have to say I went away being almost convinced he was wrong and thought that as long as the sticks are next to each other regardless of colour being Blue and yellow slots that it would still pick up ram and these sticks would run in dual channel mode So finally first query With reference to my mobo is my friend correct Does the fact that the slots do not corre... Read more

A:Corsair RAM issues

For optimum performance you should run with matched pairs of RAM sticks. If you only have 2 sticks they should either be in the yellow slots or the blue slots to run in dual channel mode. If you have one stick in each colour it will only run in single channel mode.

I found no usefull information in the mobo manual. Some I have read for other makes tell you if it can run with uneven amounts of memory in each channel, that may not be the case with this mobo.

Is there any chance you can change that 2GB stick for 2 X 1GB sticks which will keep it balanced.

Does the 2GB stick match the same frequency of the existing sticks as that might be another problem.

If you want to run a test on the sticks the best method is to run the PC with just one stick in at a time, if any glitches, hangs or freezes happen then you will know which stick it is.

I am assuming you are using memtest and running it while windows is running. It is far better, if you have to use testing software to use the memtest86+ which you have to burn to a CD and then boot the PC with it. This leaves the memory idle for far more accurate testing. You can get it from here. Always run at least 5 cycles of the test, overnight would be even better. The accuracy of any memtest software is never 100% and it is prone to miss minor faults hence my advise to run on one stick at a time for the most accurate results.

Follow this guide to get and run memtest86+

http://www.memtest.org/

You need to scroll down the page until you see the three blue screenshots. Just below is the list of downloads for Memtest86+ V4.10. Click on Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)and save to your desktop, When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD. In windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. http://www.isoimageburner.com/

Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos. Leave the test to run through at least 5 cycles.

The memtest will not be 100% accurate but should easily detect any major faults.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-ram-issues.161849/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all

The title of the thread says it all really. I wish to upgrade my current Zalman 9700LED CPU Cooler to the Corsair H70. However, i am unsure if it will fit in my case.

I dont suppose anyone here knows if it will fit in my NZXT M59 case by any chance? I asked at the NZXT forums but have not had a reply so far. I do have two 120mm fans mounted in the top of the case, but i dont mind if i have to remove one to fit the radiator.

Thanks.

A:Corsair H70 + NZXT M59. Will it work?

it would...

You would need to remove th top fan furthest back, and you would need to cut part of side panel off in order to close the case. I would get the H50, it fits better and the cooling is still good, i currently have one. I know how to make it fit becasue i used to have that same case and ran into fitting it. :]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h70-nzxt-m59-will-it-work.161803/
Relevancy 36.12%

Sorry i have googled this and cant find an answer any insight would be appreciated.

A:Will Corsair H70 work in Silverstone Raven 2 Evolution (RV02-E) case?

I wouldn't see a problem.
What you will need to do is (obviously) orientate the fans to exhaust out the top of the case rather than the Corsair preferred method of using the fans as intake (for a conventionally orientated mobo)- you can't fight convection and the natural chassis airflow. One point you may need to take into account is the heat coming off the back of the graphics card being drawn into the radiator airflow stream -not a big deal with the HD 4850 you have listed in your specs, but if you decide on a more "thermally challenged" card it might necessitate higher flow fans.
Unless you're planning on locating the second fan on the outside (top) of the chassis- which may need some quick measurements to make sure you have adequate space for cable routing from the boards I/O panel- I really wouldn't see a problem.

EDIT:
Here's a H70 + RV02 setup at [H].The Evolution is basically the same chassis- the only real design differences are one fewer PCI expansion slot and the redesigned hdd cages

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-corsair-h70-work-in-silverstone-raven-2-evolution-rv02-e-case.159718/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all, I am building a new computer and have already got the Case, Motherboard, Hard Drive, DVD writer, CPU cooler, Neons and i am waiting on the RAM.

Next i plan to buy the Power Supply. But i am stuck on which one to buy. The Corsair HX650 or the HX750. I plan to overclock this new system as high as i possibly can.

The final specs will be:

AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard
4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 RAM
1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD
2x HIS Radeon HD 6870 video cards
NZXT M59 Case

2 sets of cold cathodes are going into this system. 2 red ones and 2 blue ones.

So will the HX650 power this system fine. Or will i be better off getting the HX750, which is only $60NZ more then the 650.

Cheers, Nathan.

A:Corsair HX650 or HX750? Radeon 6870 CrossFire

The HX650w will suffice for that setup. Here is a little reading on the subject. This ais a an OC'd i7 956 BTW
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6850-6870-crossfirex-review/4

The HX650 has 52A on the 12v rail and is more than capable for a CF 6870's the 750w would provide headroom for upgrades, however the 6870 can only go 2x CF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-hx650-or-hx750-radeon-6870-crossfire.156831/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all.

I am currently saving to build a new computer. Originally i was planning on getting two Radeon 5770's using the Corsair HX650W power supply. But now i am thinking about getting just one 5850 for now, and then getting another 5850 and running 2 in crossfire in the future.

My question is very simple. Will the Corsair HX650W Power Supply be enough to power 2 radeon 5850's?

I am also planning on getting an AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU, 4GB of DDR3 1600 memory and 1, 1TB hard drive.

So thats pretty much it really. Should the HX650W be sufficient for this setup?

Cheers.

A:Corsair HX650W PSU enough for Radeon HD5850's in Crossfire?

You should be fine. AMD's recommendation is a 600w PSU for that setup. That recommendation is based on the fact that not all PSU's are created equal, so they err on the side of caution just in case some people use an "off-brand" <70% efficency unit.
Dual HD 5850's will generally use a maximum of 300w, so unless you are planning on a very substantial overclock of both cards and CPU, you should be fine as the Corsair is a very good quality PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-hx650w-psu-enough-for-radeon-hd5850s-in-crossfire.152374/
Relevancy 30.53%

Till yesterday everything was fine. Today when I tried to run my computer following message appeared on my screen; 'Reboot & select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device' I completely have no idea what the problem is as it happened to me for the first time.. My HDD is working/running but somehow I think my computer its not reading it, no clue why. Maybe its SATA cable fault?
I have no idea how to check where the problem comes from?

Can someone help?

Sorry for my English. Hopefully u know what I mean..

A:Reboot & select proper boot device or insert..

Did you check the boot priority in BIOS? It should be HDD first.
Still, you can try another SATA cable just to try if it is ok,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-select-proper-boot-device-or-insert.158077/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello, everyone.
I have a rather old Dell computer with a Nvidia GeForce2 MX 400 graphics card. I want to upgrade it because it is about to die...however, as far as I know (I'm a newbie in all this stuff), not all cards match a particular motherboard, especially an old one, so how do I choose one that WOULD work? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

A:How to select an upgrade for Nvidia GeForce2 MX 400

You will have to check the type of expansion slots that you have on your system (PCI/PCI-E/AGP). I presume the GeForce 2 MX400 is an AGP card.

For a new GPU you'll also probably have to change your power supply unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-select-an-upgrade-for-nvidia-geforce2-mx-400.153992/
Relevancy 37.84%

what do you think of the upcoming cooler? Is it worth the price if I want to overclock past 4ghz?

A:Corsair H70 CPU cooler?

i've heard good things about the h30 and h50, so i can't imagine the h70 falling into another category. corsair makes great hardware, in which they improve upon constantly, so it's likely that it will be a decent and affordable liquid cooling kit. as for overclocking, it depends heavily on the processor you are using and whether or not your motherboard and RAM can handle the additional stress.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h70-cpu-cooler.151287/
Relevancy 36.55%

The solano 1000 is built so that the power supply is placed on the bottom. There is also a vent directly beneath it. Should I mount the corsair 650tx with the fan facing towards the bottom of the case or towards the top.

Thanks in advance.

A:Azza Solano 1000 + Corsair 650TX

The PSU fan should be facing the vent at the bottom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/azza-solano-1000-corsair-650tx.150756/
Relevancy 36.98%

So, this is my problem, I set it in the BIOS to utilize this RAM at 1066 at 7-7-7-20/2.0V according the Corsair's specs, but when I run Memtest I get tens of thousands of errors within a few minutes. Memtest on the other hand is picking it up at 7-5-4-8-32 also, the things I'm setting are the CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS, I believe those are the right things to set.

Any Idea's here guys?

A:Getting my Corsair XMS2 to DDR2-1066

If Memtest is picking up errors, one or both RAM modules would seem to be defective. If they are a matched set, you probably should RMA them both.

By the way, in trying to do some research on your Biostar motherboard, I discovered your CPU was not supported by your motherboard even though it evidently works. I don't know if this is in any way related to your problem. See this CPU support list: Biostar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-my-corsair-xms2-to-ddr2-1066.149319/
Relevancy 37.84%

I was thinking about switching my H50 for a V8. What I really want to know is how much of an OC can the V8 handle. My H50 could barely handle a small OC. There was probably a defect, but I don't think I can send it in since it came with my computer and they didn't give me the original box. Or if you could give me suggestions on a good air cooler under $100

A:Corsair H50 vs. Coolermaster V8

I assume that since you are looking at the V8 then you chassis will support a tall heatpipe cooler. Knowing what CPU socket you're using would be handy also.
These coolers all offer better cooling than the V8 (as do a few other coolers)
Cogage Arrow ($73 inc shipping)
Thermalright TRUE Rev.C ($67 inc shipping)
Noctua NH-D14 ($88+shipping)
Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B ($65 inc shipping)
Zalman CNPS10X Performa ($40 free shipping)
Thermalright Venomous-X ($70 + shipping) or $80 w/fan and bracket
Scythe Yasya ($55 + shipping)

Most of these coolers will be within 1-2C of each other. The Prolimatech, Noctua and Venomous-X probably offer the best mounting hardware (haven't seen the Yasya yet) while the Noctua includes two of the best fans you can buy.
Bear in mind that coolers with two of three fans attached take up a significant amount of motherboard real estate and RAM modules with tall heatspreaders or tall chipset/mosfet heatsinks can be problematic. Check the specification and dimensions of the coolers against the space available on the board and the keep-out area between the board and the chassis side-panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h50-vs-coolermaster-v8.148803/
Relevancy 36.12%

Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 Power Supply will it fit into a tower case raidmax Sagitta

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-professional-series-gold-ax1200-power-supply.148233/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hiya,

So I have an antec 900 V2 case. And I am thinking of getting the corsair H50 to cool what will be a core i5-750 hopefully at 4GHZ. What I am wondering is at 4GHZ would the H50 be a bit overkill or is water cooling worth it. I don't really care about the price as long as its under 90-100. Also with the antec 900. It has a back exhaust fan and 2 intake fans on the front as well as an exhaust fan on the top. I know I would have to reverse the back exhaust fan because the H50 design needs the back part to be intake but will that mess up the airflow and will I have to change other fan directions. Reference links.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...129058&cm_re=antec_900-_-11-129-058-_-Product

A:Corsair H50 In Antec 900

Hi there
I actually set up the same cooling with the same proccessor a few nights ago...its not a true water cooling system...actually uses no water at all oddly...its like a highg end air cooler... I installed the fan on the sliding door of my computer case and it looks like your case also has that side fan..hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h50-in-antec-900.147256/
Relevancy 36.12%

will the cosair H50 watercooler fit in my coolermaster scout case and work with my gigabyte motherboard?

thanks if you can help

A:Corsair h50 water cooler work with scout case?

should work just fine...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h50-water-cooler-work-with-scout-case.146869/
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently just got n old computer and erased the HD completely and re installed windows Everything was working golden except the computer ran a little slow I only had or so MB of ram so i decided to open up the comp and add another MB of RAM into it So i plug everything back in and turn on the computer the manufacturers screen came up then after that i device proper error Select boot get an error saying Please select proper boot device or insert boot media and rebootClick to expand or something along those lines I checked the BIOS and it says my primary IDE device is not detected so i opened it back up and checked if maybe i had moved some wires out of place then tried again still no go Even checked my boot priority st is CD ROM drive nd is my Floppy drive rd is empty Select proper boot device error didnt give me the option to set my HD as rd Its like my HD isnt even there Im hoping to god its some thing else and i dont have to go buy a New HD or ill be screwed heres some hardware if you need itt I have an ASUS motherboard with an AMD athlon processor i beleive about MB of ram but they are two different manufacturers i dont know if that could be it but highly doubt it please help im desperate hahah nbsp

A:Select proper boot device error

If the HD hasn't failed, you've installed something improperly.
Remove the new memory and triple-check your connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/select-proper-boot-device-error.146637/
Relevancy 37.41%

i got my system in the open [without case] on my desk. when i open Crysis warhead the buzzing starts at the flash screens and gets lower at the menu. its not loud, you have to be within 2 feet of the psu to hear it. i know its not the fan. it sounds like air leaking out of a Balloon. it doesn't happen when im playing a game or at idle. im not using a UPS but im using a power strip. can the buzzing any cause damage.

A:Corsair 850HX buzzing

A buzzing sound could indicate some electrical damage on the PSU. Which brand is it and how long have you been using it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-850hx-buzzing.146066/
Relevancy 36.55%

Just a quick bench

A:Corsair Nova 64gb RAID 0 bench

pretty nice difference, especially QD32... i almost bought an SSD earlier this week but i backed out last second. i'd like to see some SSD vs SSD comparisons since we all know they are superior to platter-based hard drives in the speed dept. i'm not totally sold on them yet but i'd like to try one out for myself some time soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-nova-64gb-raid-0-bench.146054/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello Just a very simple question I plan on building a new computer soon I will be using 285? 650 for Corsair GTX enough watt a single an EVGA GeForce GTX video card and a Phenom II x BE CPU I was just wondering if a watt Corsair power supply would be enough to power that setup without any issues Incase your wondering The PSU i have in mind is the Corsair HX W Modular and has a single amp v rail So what do you Corsair 650 watt enough for a single GTX 285? guys think Enough for this new build Full Corsair 650 watt enough for a single GTX 285? spec list of the new PC is Motherboard Asus M N Deluxe RAM Corsair XMS Dominator DDR - Mhz GB Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX CPU AMD Phenom II x Black Edition Ghz PSU watt Corsair HX w Providing that will be fine Hard Drive Western Digital Black TB All that will be housed in the lovely Antec Nine Hundred Two case and that CPU will be cooled by a Zalman CNPS NT cooler Fairly nice pc for just over dollars NZ nbsp

A:Corsair 650 watt enough for a single GTX 285?

You should be just fine, as according to manufacturer that graphic card's requirement is 550W PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-650-watt-enough-for-a-single-gtx-285.145012/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am trying to determine if I need to get a better PSU and I can not seem to find the specs for the Corsair H50 Water cooling unit. I want to make sure my PSU is large enough to not cause any problems. I've looked around at PSU Calcs but none seem to list the H50.

Here is my new system:
Mobo: ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
CPU: i7 860
Mem: OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
VC: ATI Radeon 5870
PSU: OCZ 650watt
SDD: Intel X25-M G2
HDD: [email protected] & 500GB Western Digital Green
Cooling: Corsair H50
Fans: 2x80mm, 4x120mm
Fan controller: NZXT Sentry 2
Drives: DVD-RW (1)

Can anyone tell me if 650w is enough for this system? Thanks in advance.

A:Corsair H50 Power Requirements

650W should be sufficient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h50-power-requirements.143937/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello everyone wave I m have an old and aging system here is the following specs E P Neo -FR FIR HDD gb ODD Pcolor X Pro gig ram transcend seasonic s II W Cooler master 600W Series Professional Corsair OCZ HX650W ModXStream V.S. Pro Supply Power V I just got OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply V.S. Corsair Professional Series HX650W a power color G from a friend its free blush excess from his upgrade OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply V.S. Corsair Professional Series HX650W will my computer PSU able to handle the power required for this video card It will be my first attempt in overclocking this old system of mine will be my testing bed Since my aim was to practice and experience overclocking I m planning to get a new PSU because I m afraid of blowing things up My option are OCZ W ModXStream Pro Power Supply and Corsair Professional Series HX W I need advise to which one is better I read each PSU specification I wonder which one is better the multi rail design of OCZ or Single rail of corsair Is wattage of both PSU will be enough if i go on multi GPU X on crossfire in the future Thanks you OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply V.S. Corsair Professional Series HX650W rai nbsp

A:OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply V.S. Corsair Professional Series HX650W

Corsair is generally considered to be a slightly more reliable brand. I personally would suggest a single 12V rail with high amperage. Do you require a modular PSU? If not, then the Corsair 650TX is cheaper than it's modular counterpart, the 650HX.

I think that for a single PowerColor HD 4850 the Corsair 550VX will be more than sufficient. However, if you're looking to keep the system more "forward compatible" (not future proof because nothing is), the Corsair 650TX should do great. I would think that the 650TX would be the best choice for CrossFire with 2 HD 4850s.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ocz-600w-modxstream-pro-power-supply-v-s-corsair-professional-series-hx650w.142729/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys...another 'will this work?' post:

I have a HD 4770 Sapphire card on the way with a Corsair 400cx 400 watt PSU to power it...and my new system.

the Corsair: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008

The official recommendation is a 450w PSU for the card...though the Corsair has [email protected] on the 12v rail...

This is what I intend to run:

........................................ ASUS M4A785-M AMD 785G
........................................ .Athlon II 250 'Regor' DUAL-core
.......................................... 2 SATA hard drives
............................................1 IDE disc drive
.............................................2 gig ram, DUAL-channel
..............................................1 USB external HD
...............................................a couple of fans...and of course..the 4770.

Lastly, I have no intention of OC'ing...but...if you've OC'd this 4770/PSU combo...I'd like the info you can provide...Cheers...

A:HD 4770 vs Corsair 400w cx PSU?

It should work, but I would shoot for at least a 500W power supply for extra headroom on additional components. The 400CX would probably be fine, but you would be better off with something more powerful anyways. Always better to have more juice available, opposed to coming up short...

I would recommend: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004

or for $10 more just get the 650W model TX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-4770-vs-corsair-400w-cx-psu.139687/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have been working with apacer ddr2 800 mhz for awhile without any problems. I just wanted to have something faster so i bought a 4GB kit consisting of 2x 2GB corsair dominator that are suppost to work at 1066mhz at 5-6-6-18. But when i try setting it in bios to 1066 it shows me 1067.If i try that speed my latency jumps above the posted spec to 5-7-7-23. Are there any suggestions to what i should do?

A:Corsair ddr2 dominator 1066mhz won't work at the posted specs on my asus m3a79-t

what happens if you set the timings to auto? it all depends on the motherboard really... and since you were using ddr2 800 before, i would set the timings to auto and see what each module reads using CPU-Z. also, have you tried just setting it to 1065... just for kicks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-ddr2-dominator-1066mhz-wont-work-at-the-posted-specs-on-my-asus-m3a79-t.139799/
Relevancy 30.96%

my specs

Intel core 2 duo E7300

DG31PR Mobo
http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DG31PR/DG31PR-overview.htm

Nvidia 8600GT (Not the actual one, some Chinese fake card which is equivalent to 8400gs)

i didn't use this pc for almost an year and most of the time this pc is under utilized specifically for things like basic word editing and cd burning. now i have an idea to upgrade it and play gta 4 (not a serious gamer.. just for some occasional gaming) so most of the time i will be sticking with my laptop..

so wht sort of gfx upgrade is most ideal for me ? eg:- i can afford up to HD 4850 but if i can play it well on a cheaper card it will be an advantage. btw i might also need a psu upgrade since the one i'm using is a generic brandless one

Please advice. Thanks

A:Help me to wisely select a new graphics card

Yes you will need to upgrade your power supply.

Now frankly, you won't really be running GTA4 too well on a $120 budget, while the 4850 is strong enough, you have to throw in a power supply into your budget too. Just as a side note, your processor is decent, I think it could be worth investing about $180 for a CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail and a XFX HD-485X-YDFC Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-to-wisely-select-a-new-graphics-card.138276/
Relevancy 25.37%

I was backing up my hard-drive when, zapppowwww, the computer shut off..... when I turned it back on, I get only the manufacturers logo screen (pre-boot) .... eventually it goes to black with the phrase :

"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device."

Have I lost my Hard drive at the critical moment during backup?? :-( Please help!

A:Randomly: "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or insert Boot Media in selected.."

Yes it sounds like your C drive has developed problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/randomly-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-or-insert-boot-media-in-selected.136148/
Relevancy 37.84%

which ram should i go for
6GB Kit DDR3 2000 G.Skill-Trident
or the
6GB Kit DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator

A:G.skill or Corsair RAM?

I would go with the 6GB Kit DDR3 2000 G.Skill-Trident.
The Corsiar RAM is a well known, respected brand, but it's slightly slower, and to be honest, I never to this day had any RAM fail on me (call me lucky).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/g-skill-or-corsair-ram.135794/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all, this is a quick question. Just wondering if a Corsair 450watt PSU (which has 33amps on the 12v rail) is powerful enough to run my new budget build nicely.

These are the specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon x2 5000+
RAM: 1GB Corsair XMS2
Video Card: GeForce 9800GT
Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM

So will the Corsair unit be powerful enough for that setup? Or would it be best if i got a more powerful PSU instead? I know Corsair power supplies a very good quality which is why i want one.

A:Corsair 450watt PSU with my new system?

I'd go with a 500+ watt power supply, you may cut it close at peak performance.

The pcu is 65 watts draw right rage?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-450watt-psu-with-my-new-system.131143/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey Folks! I'm planning on swapping out my Dell Dimension 3000's current power supply with a new one and I'm checking out the supplies on Best Buy's website. Can anybody recommend me a power supply that's got high wattage but nothing considered overkill? I mainly listen to music, download films (legal downloads) and watch ripped DVDs on the HDD so I'm not looking for something that'll power a small third world country. I'm no gamer so I'm just interested in a power supply that'll give me great power and last me a few years without breaking the bank.

Here's a list of power supplies I'm looking at:

BEST BUY POWER SUPPLIES $50 - $99.99

A:Power Supply Recommendations (Corsair?)

You would be better off buying this one online IMO, but if you can't, then you should get the same model at Best Buy, Click here for a link to it on BB's website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-recommendations-corsair.130197/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello,

First timer. I just got a pc from my roommate that he wasn't using. When I turn it on, it gives me the screen saying
"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media"
I pressed F2 to try to switch up the boot priority and the only option it shows is the DVD/CD RW drive, does this mean I don't have a hard drive? I opened up the computer but I don't really know what I should be looking for. All I noticed was two wires that weren't plugged into anything so that added to the suspicion that the computer doesn't have a HDD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gabe

A:Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media

If you have a look at the drive on the right, that's what a hard drive should look like

I am assuming that you are using a desktop and not a laptop

Did have a nice pretty circle around it showing you, but it wouldn't let me upload that one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-or-insert-boot-media.128234/
Relevancy 30.53%

basiclly i beieve a virus has deleted some cruicial files on my HD responsible for booting. how i have come to this belief is becuase i ran a file tht i "assumed" was a virus but ran it anyway. and shorrtly after the computer crashed and i recieved the message "insert boot media...". now, im not able to boot into safe mode BartPE is not recognising my HD and i donno what to do. Can someone please reccomend some software that would help like somthing i can boot with.
p.s.....anyone who is posting pelase do not post novice things for i know my computer stuff so i have already tried all fo the basics.
Im running with a 80GB SATA HD. thnk you in advance.

A:Reboot and select proper boot device

If you are running XP you can try repairing the boot sector of the hard drive or try doing an XP repair:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-repair-Windows-XP-t138.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.124501/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a NEC MultiSync LCD1565 Flat Screen Monitor. Every once in a while I'll Download a game demo, when I go to play the monitor says Out of range. Sometimes I can fix this if the game has a settings prior to lgame load feature. this has become rather frustrating.

Current settings:
1024x768 32 bit true color 60MHZ
I have most recent drivers loaded for both
monitor and video card.
GeForce FX5600 Ultra 128MB Video Card

Any suggestions?
BTW I've tried changing the res on my monitor from advanced settings. the only res that works with out error is 1024x768

A:Monitor says "out of range" on select games

I managed to fix this by playing around with the advanced settings for referance to anyone who might be experiencing the same thing:
start-settings-control panel-display-settings tab-advanced-Geforce tab-on left select change resolution-advanced timing-un check interlace mode.
seems to be working fine! No more "out of range"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-says-out-of-range-on-select-games.15732/
Relevancy 27.09%

I believe that some files got corrupted on my HDD since windows would restart itself when it got to the loading screen I ordered boot boot media or insert Reboot and device proper select a new disc drive Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media since mine was faulty to use when repairing windows After plugging it in i booted up my computer and after setting it to boot from disc first got the message quot reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media quot I found this odd since i had the windows installation disc in the drive I checked all the connections and they are fine At one point the message quot press any key to boot from disc quot appeared and after doing so got the installation screen but out of all the possible things that could have happened experienced a power cut It wouldn t have affected any components because i have a surge protector and i m still getting the message Computer specs Asus Maximus formula II LG DVD drive Gb MHz DDR black dragon RAM Intel Q gb barracuda seagate HDD HIS IceQ Turbo Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media

you may want to look at your power supply. different optical drives consume power at different rates. If it didn't see the disk in the drive, there is a possibility that the drive was not powered up or spinning the disk at a speed fast enough to read the data. I see that you have a custom machine so its possible that with all the upgrades you now may need a beefier power supply. Thats just 1 of several possibilties. Whats the wattage on the one you have now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-or-insert-boot-media.120501/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have two problems:
1)Ive reformatted my computer, booting from Windows Xp Genuine Kit, and deleting the partitions, and then reinstalling one. I had a problem with my product key, and got that figured out with microsoft. I loaded up into windows, started installing the MOBO drivers (InstAll, with my ASUS P5B-SE), Games, Files. I was asked to restart, and in which case, I ended up seeing the message...
"Unable to boot from device, Insert media and select boot device, or press a key to continue"
I cannot overcome this message. Ive reconnected everything inside, checked fan's and my drives. Cant figure this out, and im about to lose it. Spent 200 bucks for WGAK and now my comp isnt working? WTF?
2) My computer now shuts off after about 4-8 seconds from turning on

MOBO: Asus P5B-SE
RAM: 3g DDR
VC: Ati Radeon
Proc: 3.3ghz

Help, Thanks!

A:Insert media and select boot device

Hi

sounds like a thermal fault, or a mobo failure,

Try this

strip the board down, use one stick of memory and just the video card.

No HDD's or CD rom units

See if the System powers on.

Let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/insert-media-and-select-boot-device.119624/
Relevancy 30.53%

hi today i installed some new RAM boot and device select proper Reboot curtacy of crutial memory when i came to turn my computer on i get a screen naming my system graphics card etc but does not seem to load But then i waited and i the got a screen saying reboot and selet proper boot device etc etc Now i ran down stair to find a floppy saying ghost boot disk and put that in and allas something happened HOWEVER i got a screen with sycamatic or smething like that whith options etc which is confusing me to no Reboot and select proper boot device end on the floppy i have it also says with cdrom support now the problem is i did not make this computer someone else did that i do not have contact with does this mean i am fuffed or please tell me there is Reboot and select proper boot device something i can do i feel it maybe due to the fact i knocked the lead to my cd rom drive out a little thanks for any comment you make please proof it as I am still learning Thanks grinthumb nbsp

Remove the data cable to the CD\DVD Drive fully (ie take the data cable out of the computer - unplugged from motherboard end)

Confirm the Harddrive data cable is seated correctly in the Harddrive, and in the motherboard (even detach and re-attach)
Confirm the power plug into the Harddrive is seated correctly (even detach and re-attach)

Turn on the computer
Does it now boot?
If so, shutdown normally, and securely attach the data cable back to the CD\DVD Drive
Turn back on
Does it now boot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.118780/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Today I went out and bought a WD JB GB hard drive I installed the hard drive and it was recognized by the bios but not by windows I went to the western digital website and downloaded the drivers in selected select device device and boot or proper Reboot media insert boot boot to get windows to recognize the drive Everything was working fine I logged out of my windows user I m the only user but I log out anyways I came back several hours later and went to go log in I was entering my correct password i made sure and it wasn t logging me in This has Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device happened a few times before and everytime it was fixed by rebooting I rebooted the computer properly and after the BIOS load where the windows XP loading bar should have come up i got instead quot reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device quot I have searched the internet for about an hour now trying different jumper combinations cable select on both HD s my master on master and slave on slave I have even removed my slave drive and Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device tried different jumper settings with my master drive I have plugged in different power supply cords set BIOS priority to hard drive first I took everything off the BIOS boot list except for the harddrive and still no go I disconnected both HD s and attempted to boot from a CD drive and got the same message Same with floppy drive I restored Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device BIOS settings to default and tried again with all of the above Nothing has worked I have ensured that power cables and IDE cables are snug in place Any other suggestions before I have to pay someone at the store to fix it for me I ve never had to pay anyone to fix my computer i ve always done it myself Im stuck this time though Anything you guys can come up with would be awesome Thanks alot Chris nbsp

A:Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device

I forgot to mention, my motherboard IS detecting Both my CD drives, both my HD's and my floppy drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-or-insert-boot-media-in-selected-boot-device.60854/
Relevancy 30.1%

Problem is My daughter is at University with her Super swanky overpriced Alienware laptop year into yr warranty already had motherboard and graphics cards replaced after weeks Anyway called to say she was getting the error Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media I did my best to this is wrong - proper Boot Reboot device and advice? Select help we established boot order correct in bios and was unable to boot into any of the safe mode options just got Reboot and Select proper Boot device - is this wrong advice? dumped back to the start screen Was also concerned as the recovery disk disclaimer said that it automatically re-formats and returns to factory Reboot and Select proper Boot device - is this wrong advice? settings This morning got hold of Alienware support and Reboot and Select proper Boot device - is this wrong advice? they said hard drive is broken if you get this error send back and we will send a new one Her problem is she has not backed up this week and has a load of course work to hand in I have told and told her and given her an external Hard drive BACK UP Rather than send back the HD I have opted to purchase a new one and get a refund when I return the old one I have contacted a firm in Brighton that will collect and try to recover the data is this feasable they recon it will cost about per hour and take about hours I am a bit stuffed as I am on an Island miles away from her Any suggestions appreciated nbsp

A:Reboot and Select proper Boot device - is this wrong advice?

Didn't you post this weeks ago too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-is-this-wrong-advice.116950/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi my computter must have some sort of virus not sure what but i cant Cannot Windows select Options Advanced get onto the computer Sequence of events Turn on the computer loads a little goes to a screen that says quot unknown hard error quot it doesn t go away so i restart the computer Cannot select Windows Advanced Options and it says quot a problem has occured when trying to start the computer the unknown hard error please choose an option from below safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt last known settings your most recent settings that worked or continue starting windows now i would choose the last known settings but you have to choose the settings with the arrow keys and they wont work im guessing that the computer hasnt lloaded to the stage where the keyboard works So my question is is there a way to reset the computer to factory settings with out being able to turn it on one extra thing i DO go past the page that says F setup F boot menu if that helps at all Thanks for any help ask questions ill be checking this alot and wil be adding stuff that i find as i go hope this is in the right section if not tell me where so i can get more help if not but you have some ideas tell m and post too Thanks nbsp

A:Cannot select Windows Advanced Options

First, and I'm sorry to ask this, but can you check that your keyboard is properly connected?

If it is, then press F2 as soon as you see the stat screen. If you get into BIOS, find the "Reset to defaults" option and select it, save settings and reset.

Repost with what happens.

Best,
-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-select-windows-advanced-options.114663/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have absolutely no idea what I m doing I tried to get my desktop computer set boot or boot device? insert proper select device and selected boot media Reboot in up for the school year but found myself with a Blue Screen Error every time I would turn it on I had this problem on my laptop just weeks earlier and when I turned it into the shop they informed me that it was caused by corrupted RAM So Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device? instead of wanting to Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device? pay another to get the desktop fixed I chose to take out the RAM myself Bad idea For some reason the RAM appeared to be melted or scratched away a little bit at the bottom Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device? gold part that goes into the slot So I took that RAM out Only now when I turn on the computer it gives me a screen saying quot reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device quot I go into the Boot Menu and it gives me two options both bringing me back to the same quot reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device quot message I tried taking out a RAM drive from a different desktop computer and putting it into the one I m trying to fix but then the monitor wouldn t read the computer being on I switched monitors but to no avail I switched RAMs from other computers but that doesn t work either I can t afford to take this into the shop or buy new parts for it but I really need it for school I don t even care about it running slower or files on their disappearing forever I just want my computer to run So how does a person with no skills get their computer to run nbsp

A:Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device?

I just want to be clear here (point form is sometimes good)

PC Bluescreens
Removed Ram (looks to be physically faulty, gold plate scratched off)
Turned on computer (not sure if you re-inserted the original Ram here again)
Now cannot find HardDrive boot sector
Tried Ram from another (unknown) computer (Note: Ram specs may be incorrect)
Would not POST (Power On Self Test)
Put the original Ram back in
From here, I don't know what's happening, probably not Booting again (ie your long heading)

This is what I recommend (even though I'm still a little unsure where your at!)

Remove the Ram (By the way 1 or 2 Ram Cards?)
Blow out (either compressed air in a can, or just using your breath) the Ram slots
Re-insert the Ram (you usually just need one in there to test with) Note: They click in
Unplug the cables going to your HardDrive (HardDrive end and Motherboard end)
Re-insert the HardDrive data cable (securely)
Do the same for the HardDrive Power Connector (pull it out, then push it in with a little force)
Now do the same for the CD/DVD Drive data and power cables (you can even just leave these cables fully out)

Turn on !

Did it work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-or-insert-boot-media-in-selected-boot-device.111276/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello Everyone This is my first post here in regards to an issue with my Sony Vaio Laptop VGN-A model I have spent the past six hours searching for similar problems and device error proper boot VGN-A190: Vaio Reboot select but have not came close to a resolution I Vaio VGN-A190: Reboot and select proper boot device error hope that I can find my answer here Anyway here it goes Intel Pentium M GHz MB DDR SDRAM GB - rpm DVD RW - Integrated Windows XP Home Ownership years Laptop began having issues with spontaneous reboots and Vaio VGN-A190: Reboot and select proper boot device error shutdowns at first I assumed that the system was overheating soon after windows was no longer Vaio VGN-A190: Reboot and select proper boot device error able to boot and I was presented with quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key quot At or around this time I noticed a very distinct pattern of quot clicks and scrapes quot Surely that must be the hard drive that has failed I went ahead and replaced the hard drive with a WD BEVE GB RPM ATA I had nothing to lose on the original GB and justified the repair further with a larger hdd along the way I was prepared for formatting and a fresh installation of Windows XP using the System Recovery Discs However I was still seeing the quot Reboot and select proper boot device quot screen again The quot clicks and scrapes quot sound did go away though - gt I have gone into BIOS to see what was going on with this whole drive issue and noticed that it was not detecting any of my drives which explained the error and issues with reading the CDROM the entire quot boot quot tab is blank as well I tried to search for further info on this version of BIOS AMI R F but have not found much I did come across alot of forums stating that perhaps BIOS would need to be flashed but how can flash if it does not even read any drives Don t know if it matters but it is still able to read memory at least I went over the simple solutions that Sony provides ifor BIOS in re-setting the date and time restore defaults save and quit but still no boot I don t see any other options that I can quot tinker quot with and feel that I have hit a brick wall with this one First I thought it was the hard drive then BIOS and now I am thinking that it may be the mobo but I am uncertain Sending it off to Sony is out of the question for the time being due to their high priced repairs If anyone can offer any help or ideas I would greatly appreciate it I am not ready to scrap this system just yet Thank you nbsp

A:Vaio VGN-A190: Reboot and select proper boot device error

Found this at another site:

Recheck the jumper on the HDD and make sure it is configured right.
Also check the BIOS setting for LBA Enabled on the HDD.

Check to see if there is a legacy controller option enabled in the BIOS. Disable it and then try booting up.

3 more options:

1) Boot sequence is performed through a ROM memory module...as such there may be an issue with the memory not releasing and locking up the system...remove all power systems and batteries to reset the BIOS and ROM memory modules.

2) You could have a faulty power supply and is keeping it from booting properly

3) Faulty mobo

Both 2 and 3 are possible even if it does accept a BIOS update.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vaio-vgn-a190-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-error.110368/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, I just ordered everything off the internet for my new Computer.
I got everything connected but when I try to load Vista 64 bit it gives me the error message Reboot and Select Proper boot device.
I have no idea where to start! Is it a bad hard drive?

I have an Asus Maximus Formula 2 Motherboard.
Can anyone help me

A:Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device

No I cannot even boot Vista onto the computer it just gives me that error message.
The Bios setup shows that it detects my harddrive and my cd-rom...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.109802/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

I'm in L.A. at the moment, trying to fix my cousin's cd tray issue, now its become a rebooting issue. I went into the BIOs and it recognises the HDD. and i set it up to boot from the HDD first but I'm still getting the "Reboot and select proper boot device" error. Is there a way to fix this w/o having to do the windows installer.

p.s. the CD trays are NOT working.

thnx.

select proper boot deviceClick to expand...

Means it is not finding any valid bootmanager

There are ways to repair the bootmanager, ie

You could try bootcfg /rebuild
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317521

But in most cases you just need to select one of the following

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/installxpcdrepair/part3.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/installxpcdrepair/part3.htm

Vista Repair:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/windows_vista_repair_options.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.108630/
Relevancy 24.08%

Now I know this topic has already been covered a while ago on here and I read and boot in media insert selected Reboot boot select proper or device boot device it from beginning to end and tried everything and it did not Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device fix my issues So my computer got hit by lighting through the phone line I have replaced the power supply and the motherboard and cpu which came as a unit And when I boot up it finds my HDD and both my Cd-Roms but then I get quot reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device quot I ran Knoppix and looked at the hard drive and everything is still on there So I am guessing the problem is in the Bios but I have no idea where to go from here Here is what I have going Elitegroup Goal Motherboard AMD Athlon Sempron Master Drive - Hitachi GB HDD CD Drive - Pioneer DVD-R RW CD Drive - Samsung CD-R RW SW Generic Floppy Drive quot MB Kingston DDR Ram Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device

When you say you "tried everything," what did you try? Give us a clue regarding your prior efforts so we don't waste time suggesting the same old thing again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-or-insert-boot-media-in-selected-boot-device.107920/
Relevancy 31.39%

Greetings I thought I knew something about computers - but my research is proving otherwise I power? Need mobo new select to and - seem to know enough to get more confused Hope you can help Custom built ATX form Alabatron motherboard w AMD Athlon XP CPU FRIED IT Thought power source only problem but replacement did not help and then I noticed bulging capacitors Figure power took out mobo So that s really all I know I know I need to buy new board - would like to upgrade to a faster AMD processor if possible - but want to be sure I wouldn Need to select new mobo - and power? t need to upgrade anything else Certainly need new power supply as well PROBLEM I can Need to select new mobo - and power? t figure out what comes WITH a new motherboard I am really embarrased Does it come with the processor If not do I have to get a very specific motherboard to match the processor I want How do I figure out what motherboard I need to fit my sticks of mhz DDR ram three add-on cd dvd cd-r burners video card USB etc Does the motherboard determine what power source I should buy I SHOULD take this to a professional I know but am stuck with a wounded ego and hope to make myself feel better by doing it myself I am comfortable installing hardware pieces just not comfortable knowing how the big picture all fits together Would sure appreciate help Can give all kinds of gory details if they will help Thanks nbsp

A:Need to select new mobo - and power?

A motherboard doesn't come with a processor. If you want an AMD processor search for an AMD motherboard. Socket AM2 or AM2+ 64 bit processors and a motherboard that supports AM2 or AM2+ CPU's are good. Just choose a board and processor that suits your budget. If you are in the US you can start looking here http://www.newegg.com and look at the motherboard specs for the type of memory it takes. DDR2 memory may be what you need to get. Everything else may work... A SATA hard drive may be needed too for this upgrade. A good 450 watt power supply should work fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-select-new-mobo-and-power.107213/
Relevancy 36.98%

Running Corsair DDR3 1066 memory on an Intel DX38BT board. Very glitchy, problem being that occasionally I turn on the box and get the three beep error code "no memory". The memory came bundled from Tiger Direct with the motherboard and a Q6600 processor. I assumed the memory was compatible. Default on the motherboard is 1.5V. For some reason, I think the memory is 1.7V. The BIOS gives me the abilty to reset the voltage, have used the default and the 1.7V settings and still get the beep codes from time to time. I did a search and cannot now find the specification for the voltage for this memory. Checked the Corsair website but very little informaion available. The Corsair memory does not appear on the Intel tested memory list. Does anyone know the voltage on this Corsair memory? I am thinking of repurchasing memory from the tested list, but 4G memory is not a small investment.

A:Corsair DDR3 1066 Voltage?

Hey I basically have the same set up, did you experience any bios problems. I can can go on bios reconfigure mod 2-3 pin jumper with the monitor working showing Intel's screen and bios but when I have to change Bios to normal (1-2) it shows nothing on the monitor. Can you help?
I have Corsair XMS3 2048MB Dual Channel PC10600 DDR3 1333MHz and I am pretty sure it is 1.7. I run mine in 7-7-7-20 on 1.7 volts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-ddr3-1066-voltage.107543/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello kind citizens of the internetz I ran into your small corner of the net by reading this thread techspot com vb topic html which related directly to the absolutely stupid thing I have done I am a noob My power supply recently decided to die and so I thought it was a good opportunity to shift to a 32gb select HD - pin calamity higher volume HD and perform some house keeping The original HD I am referring to is an gb Hitachi Deskstar with the following pin options hitachigst com HD - 32gb pin select calamity hdd support k k jum htm For some reason only HD - 32gb pin select calamity known to God or maybe Satan I chose the gb pin option when assigning my Hitachi as the Master drive in order to begin transfering data to my new gb Slave drive This instantly reduced my drives capacity from gb to gb Eat you heart out Jenny Craig The problem and what I would like to ask your help with is the following The gb drive was not blank it infact was full of my personal files Music images videos games documents EVERYTHING I now have approx gb of unalocated drive space which is in fact full HD - 32gb pin select calamity of information Can you please advise me of what the best course of action is to recover this information Is there a quick fix whereby I can reattach this allocated space without formating it I would be eternally greatfull for your assistance Thank you in advance dettol nbsp

A:HD - 32gb pin select calamity

Normally doing this, would not affect your data from returning to the proper jumper position.

You can try ZAR to recover your files : http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm

There are many other data recovery programs H E R E.

Note:

This is by plugging in the drive as Slave of course

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-32gb-pin-select-calamity.106415/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a computer that has two 1 gig sticks of CM2X1024-6400C4 XMS2 DDR2 duel channel memory that run great. This is all set to Auto detect so I just plugged them in and they posted. I decided to go out and buy the same two sticks so I can upgrade to vista with 4 gigs of Ram. I installed the two sticks I just got today and it did not post but gave me a long beep and I had to shut it down with the power button . I then removed 1 of the sticks and it booted up no problem and reads 3 gigs. What could be the problem? I want this system to hold the 4 gigs. I'm using Windows XP now and plan on switching to Vista 64bit tonight. Do I have to set my own timings instead of relying on autodetect? Please Help.

A:ASUS P5N-E SLI and New Corsair Memory

3 DB is a common read with WXP on that board. You may find that VISTA will read all four gigabytes. There is more explanation on the ASUS site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-e-sli-and-new-corsair-memory.105372/
Relevancy 36.98%

I want to say first off how much a appreciate everyones help in this forum I had recently been getting memory management and driver irql bsod screens but and Overclocking Corsair Ram Dominator Q6600 thanks to kimsland and peterdiva I Overclocking Q6600 and Corsair Dominator Ram know have an operational computer My new ordeal is that I would like to overclock my computer Ive never done it before and really want to learn how but would really like to have someone help me through it instead of reading a guide and hoping for the best Ive posted my specs on my profile and know from reading around that I definitely have hardware that is capable of overclocking One other thing that I would like to address that was brought up in the last thread that I opened quot Vista and crashes w multimedia software like quot is that my memory has underclocked itself I have ddr Corsair Dominator memory link for exact specs http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E which should have a latency of - - - but for some reason has clocked itself to - - - - I understand from peterdiva that this can occur in ddr but how do I fix it nbsp

A:Overclocking Q6600 and Corsair Dominator Ram

Forget about overclocking... You won't see much improvement anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-q6600-and-corsair-dominator-ram.101481/
Relevancy 30.53%

I built a new machine. It has a ECS A770M-A mother board, AMD 4400+ 2.3 GH dual core processor, 2 GB DDR2 667 RAM, ECS GeForce 6 Series 256 MB Video card, a 250 GB IDE HD and a IDE DVD drive installed. When I boot up I receive the errorr "Reboot and select proper boot device" I go into BIOS and it does not recognize either the HD or DVD drive. In the BIOS the onboard IDE controller is set to Primary, Onboard SATA is set to enabled, and the SATA config is set to IDE. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks for the reply.

Everything is attached. They are sharing a cable as my MB only has one IDE slot. HD is set to master DVD set to slave. I can not try just the HD being there is no OS on it. I have tried just the DVD with the same results. I have tried 3 cables, all returning the same error

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.102038/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all,

Im Building a new PC and im having some major problems trying to install vista on it.

I cant seem to boot the Vista in the CD drive? I have selected Boot device 1 as cd drive and it picks up all drives ok in BIOS. But still will not boot from CD?

All i get is a reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key

Anyone have a clue?

The specs are as follows

Intel Asus P5KC 775
Intel Q6600 Quad Core

Samsung Sata 2 500g HD
LG CD writer drive
Radeaon HD 3850
4 Gig Corsair memory

A:Help-Reboot Select Proper Boot Device?

Some optical drives may work well in windows (normal use) but on boot, fail.
This is because the boot record placement on the front most of the windows disc, may not be seen, due to poor optical error of the drive itself.

Or in laymans, have you tried another cd/dvd drive ?

Other errors can be the disc itself has been scratched or generally marked, causing corruption (or faulty disc) itself.

Or, have you tried cleaning the cd ?

Another concern is the computers and cd/dvd drive ata data cable being incorrectly fitted; damaged; or excessive length (non standard)

Or, please try swapping the cd/dvd data cable.

The cd/dvd drive jumper configuration: either cable select or master, may need to be adjusted.
I've found this on a few cd/dvd drives, that some work better on cs (the norm) whilst others (even new hardware) seem to work better on master.
Please check the jumper switch position on the back of your cd/dvd drive.

Only other option is non-original windows disks (ie burnt copies) as this area can be huge, on disc type and quality, i'll just ask, is it original?

Lastly, you may need to set CMOS to 1st 2nd 3rd to cd/dvd if possible. Then return it to 1st cd/dvd 2nd hdd on first restart.
Some computers are just too quick!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-reboot-select-proper-boot-device.98741/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi recently I got rid of x MB modules of RAM from my PC and replaced them with x GB modules OCZ Platinum RAM I now run x GB OCZ amp x MB Corsair at timings I have a problem however before replacing my old x MB modules of RAM with the new ones I had a Vista Score of on the RAM Then I popped in these x GB sticks and my Score went from to with OCZ 512MB Corsair PC3200+ 3200LLPRO Platinum PROBLEM 2GB 2x GB of RAM Now my question is shouldn t the score be higher with more RAM Also my memory bandwith fell from MB s to MB s I have discovered that when I remove the x MB modules Corsair and set the memory Command Rate from T to T the Vista Score goes to for 2GB OCZ Platinum PC3200+ 2x 512MB Corsair 3200LLPRO PROBLEM only GB of RAM Since I cannot run T with sticks of RAM I am forced to use T Anyone have an idea of how I can improve my performance P S The modules are running at around - MHz in Dual Channel nbsp

A:2GB OCZ Platinum PC3200+ 2x 512MB Corsair 3200LLPRO PROBLEM

Leave the 2 modules of 1GB with the 1T Command Rate. It has the best performance/size ratio. You wouldn't notice much difference between 2 & 3GB anyways & mixing different ram brands & sizes is never recommended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2gb-ocz-platinum-pc3200-2x-512mb-corsair-3200llpro-problem.96847/
Relevancy 37.84%

OK so I am building my new computer I have the ASUS P K motherboard on the way I would love to install the DDR but that is a little bit too expensive for me at this time So I will buy the DDR and upgrade later My question is What s the better buy Kingston HyperX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX D K G - Retail or CORSAIR Kingston v. Corsair Dominator GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Kingston v. Corsair Model TWIN X - C D - Retail Now I plan on getting GB of ram So I will obviously buy a double of whatever I get Is the Corsair that much better than the Kingston that it is worth paying an extra for Also is there another type of quality ram I could buy that would be better value I don t mind paying the money because my computer is on the expensive end and I want the best quality However I have no idea how important quality of DDR is If I got the expensive type I assume it will make my computer light years faster than the cheaper kind Also can you mix and match DDR and buy one of each Any suggestions would be great nbsp

A:Kingston v. Corsair

Are you going to be running at stock speeds? If so get the Kingston. Typically when you see a price difference like that between the same speed RAM the more expensive one will be able to be overclocked higher. But if they are rated the same at stock (same timings too) they will be the same speed, so you'd gain nothing from the more expensive RAM. If you are going to be pushing them as fast as they can go, then the more expensive may be worth it.

Yes you 'can' mix and match, but it is strongly discouraged and your speeds will be limited by the slowest stick anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kingston-v-corsair.96854/
Relevancy 27.09%

Help Just installed my st hard drive hooray right No so fast my techie friends For I am rookie and need some help My old Boot proper device or..." and "Reboot Select hard drive crashed took it to computer nerdz here "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or..." in Austin they handed me my old HD and disk of quot stuff quot they were able to recover I go to Fry s by a Seagate PATA G and bring it home and with the help of some online YouTube guides install it Plug everything in power up and quot Reboot and Select "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or..." proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or..." key quot One site stated my quot jumper quot may be in the wrong place I moved it from quot Cable Select quot to quot Master quot but still get the same message I unplugged everything and started over making sure I was plugging it all in correctly to the best of my limited knowledge and am reasonably certain all is correct Replace the cover plug in and same message What do I need to do from here This is a desktop primarily used for email and pictures videos of my children HP pavilion a n sad I know budgets about years old GHz MB SDRAM Windows XP I m sure I m missing other info but any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or..."

Well, to put it simply, there's nothing on the disk.
When you buy a fresh new hard drive, the drive is empty and unformatted. You can't put a brand new hard drive into a computer and expect it to boot into the OS right away.
It doesn't boot into Windows because there is no Windows OS on the drive.

You need to go into the BIOS and set your optical drive to be first on the boot priority, and then find a Windows XP disc to boot on.
I doubt your OEM computer comes with a Windows disc (though it might come with recovery discs), but it should have a sticker on it with your Windows XP product key. You need to find a disc and install your operating system before you can use your computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-or.96065/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello After transporting my desktop home from school error device proper Reboot boot select and for Christmas break upon startup I m getting an error message saying quot Reboot and select proper boot device etc quot I m sure most of you Reboot and select proper boot device error know about the message The odd thing about the message however is that I can see the hard drive in the BIOS and if I hit F before the error pops up I can manually boot from my main hard drive without any problem and everything works just fine Also in my BIOS I have the boot sequence set up correctly and I have tried other combinations as well Currently it s set to boot from my CD drive then my main hard drive I have no floppy installed Basically I m stumped as to what the problem could be I ve read that some people s hard drives need to warm up first and mess up like this from a cold boot but this isn t the case for me my computer will never boot up properly unless I hit F It s not a huge inconvenience obviously I m thankful my hard drive still works but I m wondering if maybe my hard drive is starting to fail on me and if I should get a new one asap The one I currently have isn t old probably a little more than a year which I find even more perplexing I appreciate any insight anyone can give on the matter Here are some system specs Asus K V-X SE motherboard AMD Athlon Processor Radeon x mb Master Drive- Western Digital gig Slave- Some other company gig CD Drive- Samsung DVD Rom gig of Kingston Ram nbsp

A:Reboot and select proper boot device error

Have you tried setting the Main Drive as the ONLY bootable device?

Check all the cables & jumpers are firmly inserted

Make sure there's no CD in the drive

Run the WD Diagnostic to check the HDD isn't on it's way out.

http://support.wdc.com/download/

merry Christmas

Steve

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-error.95169/
Relevancy 30.53%

This morning my display wouldn't turn on when I booted up my computer. I swapped the video card and now get the message "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

I checked all connectors, and they seem to be good. When I go into the repair option on my Xp disc, it says it did not find any hard disk drives installed on my computer. No hardrive show up in Boot device priority in bios either.

What could be the problem? Is it the power supply?

A dead hard drive would be a better guess

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.92142/
Relevancy 27.09%

A laptop has got me quite stuck - running Win XP one day it suddently came up with a blue screen - windows has detected a fault and must restart screen On restart after this it came up with the reboot and select Select Boot HDD Recognition on Device Proper Boot - proper boot device error On restart with the Win XP recovery CD in the drive HDD Recognition on Boot - Select Proper Boot Device the exact same happened - it was not detecting either the CD drive or HD I changed bios settings to HDD Recognition on Boot - Select Proper Boot Device disable primary slave IDE master detection in turn but this proved no use so I ve now set them back to their defaults Eventually I restarted using CTRL ALT DEL as recommended elsewhere and on this boot it detected the CD drive and booted Windows setup from the recovery disk This ran through until it eventually gave me a The file ql sys is corrupted - press any key to restart On restart it went back through to Windows Setup and after going through for a few more minutes told me that it couldn t find any hard disk installed on the computer and therefore setup would have to terminate Taking the recovery CD out of the drive and rebooting the HD and CD drive were then both detected on start-up but this only got me as far as a boot message saying there was an error with the hard disk On all subsequent reboots it is failing to detect either the CD or HD and I get no difference from changing the BIOS IDE settings I m now stuck any ideas The laptop is running a Ghz Celeron on a Intel GM ICH M chipset The HD is an Ultra DMA mm with enhanced IDE Ultra ATA DMA interface support As I mentioned XP Professional was the OS nbsp

A:HDD Recognition on Boot - Select Proper Boot Device

from google miniport driver or virus depends on where it is located
safe to delete or use disc to expand and over write
on install disc extension may look like .sy_
check to see if the drive is a sata drive, it could be
you may need the sata drivers to reload

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-recognition-on-boot-select-proper-boot-device.88681/
Relevancy 36.98%

An FYI on corsair XMS 6400 DDR2 800
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145590

good RAM, but many BIOS systems will default it to 5-5-5-18 which may cause BSODs and crashes. make sure you set it to 5-5-5-12.

Just want to give a heads up, this caused many BSODs for me.

Phenique

A:corsair XMSc6400 DDR2 800 2x1gb

Looking at "quickspecs" it shows the cas latency @ 5. You should not buy a memory module with this spec. Usually look for 4-4-4-4-12.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-xmsc6400-ddr2-800-2x1gb.87126/
Relevancy 36.98%

I plan on buying an ASUS Laptop in the coming days, and the seller offers Kingston 2GB DDR-2 667 SODIMM and Corsair 2GB DDR-2 667 SODIMM, with the Kingstom RAM being $10 more than the Corsair RAM. My question is which RAM should I go with. I plan on using the laptop for gaming, and want RAM that can give me good performance. I appreciate the feedback.

A:Corsair ValueSelect or Kingston ValueRAM

Neither value ram will work in an ASUS. ASUS publishes lists of all memory that will work at their web site.
We strongly suggest that you never use any RAM with "Value" in the name. It is slower. It is built to a different standard. It has a higher failure rate. It is often made by another company, than the one on the label. Think of it as a company named VALUE, that is OK, but is slower.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-valueselect-or-kingston-valueram.82799/
Relevancy 37.84%

I currently have GB s of Viking RAM in my computer and since I have Windows Vista and want to prepare for the upcoming PC games coming out like Bioshock and Crysis I am thinking about getting another GB s and RAM Corsair - Viking - of RAM - I have an ASUS P N -SLI SE Deluxe motherboard http www newegg com Product Produ amp Tpk ASUS P N -SLI SE Deluxe motherboard and I was wondering if I get XMS DDR RAM which my motherboard says RAM - - Viking and Corsair it is ready for will it work together with my other RAM or will there be compatibility issues Also are there any other issues I have to take into consideration when doing this - Here is some RAM I am thinking about getting http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E - Also is Viking a bad company to get RAM from - Do you suggest any others - Thank you if you took the time out to read this thread nbsp

A:RAM - - Viking and Corsair

The enemy of good is better.
It is always wise to assure that all module are identical. Corsair is really Samsung and makes most, but not all, of the memory with the Corsair label. Still, you want to read the reviews. Viking is a "maker" of memory but do not make their own chips.

Best memory manufacturers Crucial, Samsung (Corsair), Infineon, and Kingston... but none of them make all of the memory sold under their labels.

There are 54 other manufacturers who specialize in certain sizes at various qualities. You have not way to know which are manufacturers, Assemblers, Makers, Suppliers, or Scammers. Too many companies make memory modules from tubs of chips that may come from a number of manufacturers. The buy does the quality control, then gets a replacement under warranty when they fail.
Some of the most highly marketed memory under such names as OCZ, PNY, SimpleTech, Ultra, and so on, varies from month to month. And their quality is similarly suspect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-viking-and-corsair.81268/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm thinking of ocing the corsair dominator ram (4-4-4-12 @ddr2 800 default) up to ddr2 1066. Is that a safe overclock? Will I likely have to decrease the timings?

A:Overclocking corsair dominator Ram

more than likely you will have to do a 5-5-5-15 set up, to get to 900, not to mention increase the voltage on the ram is well. And just for notes. OVERCLOCKING IS NEVER SAFE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-corsair-dominator-ram.80179/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm currently using G. Skill Ram, 4 sticks for ddr2 900. I'm reading revies of my motherboard, getting a bus rate of up to 400 stable. I'm currently able to get 350, stable until I run number programs to get my cpu usage above 80% across the board on all cores. I'n the review I saw, person was using corsair ram, might my ram be the issue?

A:G. Skill vs Corsair Dominator ?

I would vote for the Corsair. G.Skill is a good company but not as great as Corsair. And correct me if I'm wrong but the Dominator's are part of the XMS Series right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/g-skill-vs-corsair-dominator.79545/
Relevancy 36.98%

after reading pc gamer i was pointed this site to make a nice overclocked pc I didnt have tons of money so i got the following e asus b MB corsair ddr xms gt blue storm w thermalright ultra i wasnt able to buy the more expensive RAM and mobo suggested by the reviewer The magazine stated that this would E6300+P5B+corsair - wont boot be sufficient for o cing so when it came i put it all together I have so far been unable to make it boot the fans come on but the screen doesnt turn on and nothing appears to be happening I have moved the ram to different lots reset the CMOS tried it with just the essential components and checked all plugs and fittings So im kind of hoping for help with things here yes im cheeky Firstly do you have any idea what the problem may be with my pc and secondly will I be able to o c this to the same level that you did with yours in the test If you could answer either both of E6300+P5B+corsair - wont boot these or just point me in the right direction I will be very greatful nbsp

A:E6300+P5B+corsair - wont boot

forgot to say hi

i just realised i didnt even say hi, so hi all

im not an expert on pcs but if anyone has a problem ive come across before i will be more than happy to help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e6300-p5b-corsair-wont-boot.67076/