Windows Support Forum

Mobo update

Q: Mobo update

so im deciding to upgrade my mobo that supports pci 2.0 I was wondering does 2.0 support 2.1 because im going to put a budget radeon card in it note this is not a gaming pc just a little upgrade

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mobo update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Mobo update

Yes, PCIE 2.0 will support a 2.1 card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-update.181796/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all,

I have a MSI k7 pro via kt 266a mobo with an athlon xp1600, served me well, however time has moved on.
1/ MSIs website states the max cpu my mobo can take is xp2100 (upgradeing cpu would be cheapest option). Does anyone know any different?

2/ There are some good "bargains" in mobos, as low as 80 bucks Australian, able to take an AMD 64 3200 , based on SIs chipsets. Of the chipsets available, eg, Sis , Via , nforce, are folk noticing any "real world" difference between them.

I occasionally edit and render video-rendering times not a key consideration and occasionally play Lomac and Il2 flight sims. Thats it. Apart from surf the net.

Your input appreciated. Thanks

A:Advice required for mobo update or mobo replacement

i just bought an ecs N2U400-A MB, i already had a couple xtra processors so i didnt need to get the combo, but if I had got the combo, i beleive it came with an athlon xp 2400+ for around $100 american. so far i am very happy with the quality and performance of this new board. BTW, it is an nFORCE2 board

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-required-for-mobo-update-or-mobo-replacement.17718/
Relevancy 44.72%

does any one know how I can update the motherboard in my computer without stuffing up windows xp pro sp2? when i change motherboard it starts to a point then i get bsod for a hardware error . So what do I need to do to make the change? Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all,

If i wanted to change the mobo and cpu from my current system, do i have to do anything to my current state of software etc..?
Will it work if i exchanged parts and hit the power on button and continue?
Don't mean to sound flippant - just no other way of saying it.

cheers
Coogee

A:question about mobo and cpu update

What OS? XP or Vista won't boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-mobo-and-cpu-update.746405/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have this mobo

Asus A8V Deluxe (s939)

and I want update its drivers.
Where can I find the desire file?

A direct link would be too useful !!

Relevancy 44.29%

Ive never updated a bios before...

If you dont have a floppy drive can you use a flash drive to do the bios update.

A:MOBO BIOS update

I used my flash drive to update my own, but I have an Asus board, they have many tools to make it easy,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-bios-update.76327/
Relevancy 44.29%

Folks with Windows Need - Drivers Update Help Mobo -Bit all drivers are getting installed automatically but they are not always latest amp some years old but all devices works flawlessly Still just for the sake of it I am deciding to install all latest drivers form Asus website and confused as hell Using Asus Z Deluxe Mobo with K CPU Plz use direct Link below to locate drivers for my below query In order https www asus com in Motherboards Desk Download I am checking my currently installed driver version numbers and one that is available on website and need detailed help in understanding please be patient - Chipset now which one I have to install as out of Mobo Drivers Update - Need Help listed in this category of them are different and unique They are MEI V WHQL Mobo Drivers Update - Need Help M Intel Management Engine Interface Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility V Also possible to check what current driver versions are installed Audio drivers installed on my Mobo Drivers Update - Need Help PC is latest as compared to one given on Asus website Is it possible Asus not having latest driver for audio and somehow windows installed it automatically from their servers VGA do I require it Using DVI cable for P resolution Lan Under Which tab sub-tab to check driver version Wireless - Under Which tab sub-tab to check driver version SATA Do I have to check only under IDE ATA ATAPI controllers All drivers installed there are from year So which driver to get now under SATA in Asus website there are so many diff drivers Bluetooth - Audio drivers installed on my PC is latest as compared to one given on Asus website Still Bluetooth on off switch is missing from OS options and have to Disable radio altogether to shutoff Bluetooth Any possible solutions tried reinstalling drivers as well My Device Manager Screenshot

A:Mobo Drivers Update - Need Help

Hey Craig,
Show you ones first you should do, if version are in there installation will let you know you are putting older ones in, then just cancel if not install them. For one at ASUS site choose Windows 10 64bit or 32bit whichever your system is.

2 important for now
MEI_V11.0.0.1155_20150709_WHQL_1.5M this is Intel Management Interface engine
Intel Chipset V10.1.1.7 for Win10 32bit&64bit this is the Intel chipset drivers

SATA Controllers would be next, looks to me only standard ones in there and ASUS site shows 2, Intel and ASMedia drivers.
Get back to this one, more involved on installing SATA Drivers after installing Operating system as they are usually done just before.

Audio drivers if you are using the integrated card, then sure ones there are recent enough or can even go to Realtek, but be best to do it there and can count on Windows update to get you right ones for those.

VGA are again for integrated card if that is what you use ,do you have a PCI Slot card ? If not these are it, but if a slot card we can check this more and can be obtained at NVIDIA or AMD site whichever it is.

Network Adapter LAN and Wireless look correct if you right click each select Properties then the driver tab, compare driver version to one on ASUS site. Be same way with Bluetooth.

Start first with top 2, then work with SATA Controller drivers, no need to rush it.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42865-mobo-drivers-update-need-help.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an extremely old computer which I wanted to see if it could boot from USB. I checked the motherboard to see if I could change the boot order to USB but all I could change it too was "Removable Devices" which I then put in the #1 spot to boot. I restarted my computer with my USB drive plugged in, but it booted to XP like normal.

Is there a bios update that I can update my mobo too, so that it can boot to usb or is it just too old?

Here is a screenshot from cpu-z of my motherboard.

Relevancy 44.29%

my computer specs: just added 4GB RAM plus anew video card. reason why i am looking for an update is bc my usable RAM is 2.67GB out of 4 GB.

HP Pavilion a1120n Desktop PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

A:MOBO update can't find need some help

First thing is that motherboard only supports up to 4 GB of ram, so regardless of running 32 bit or 64 bit Windows you will never get the full 4 GB. This should help explain it some,

The system memory that is reported in the System Information dialog box in Windows Vista is less than you expect if 4 GB of RAM is installed

Quote:
Various devices in a typical computer require memory-mapped access. This is known as memory-mapped I/O (MMIO). For the MMIO space to be available to 32-bit operating systems, the MMIO space must reside within the first 4 GB of address space.

For example, if you have a video card that has 256 MB of onboard memory, that memory must be mapped within the first 4 GB of address space. If 4 GB of system memory is already installed, part of that address space must be reserved by the graphics memory mapping. Graphics memory mapping overwrites a part of the system memory. These conditions reduce the total amount of system memory that is available to the operating system.

The reduction in available system memory depends on the devices that are installed in the computer. However, to avoid potential driver compatibility issues, the 32-bit versions of Windows Vista limit the total available memory to 3.12 GB. See the "More information" section for information about potential driver compatibility issues.

If a computer has many installed devices, the available memory may be reduced to 3 GB or less. However, the maximum memory available in 32-bit versions of Windows Vista is typically 3.12 GB.

Going by what you say is available I would guess that your new video card has 1 GB of memory on it. If so it has to be mapped as well, and it in addition to the rest of what is described above would bring it down to what you're seeing. Also did you remember (or did it auto-disable) the onboard video? If not that will get you another 128 MB freed up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198582-mobo-update-cant-find-need-some-help.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I just Updated my PCChips M848A-rev 2.1 to M848A v.5
It all went good til the start of the sistem...the sistem halts at "Checking NVRam"
Can my mobo be repaired? It's Bios Chip cannot be taken off..
Thx.

A:Help with Mobo Bios Update

what did you update? If you did not complete updating your BIOS, you will need to send the motherboard into the manufactuer for a physical hardware reprogram. BIOS updating is one area where you need to be exact, precise, and patient. It is not an amateur task.

BIOS is FIRMWARE not hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-mobo-bios-update.48515/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an HP Pavilion a n desktop it was a vista bit home premium now its an windows bit home premium Software amp Driver Downloads HP Pavilion a n Desktop PC - HP Customer Care United States - English My motherboard is an ASUS P LP-LE LEONITE https h www hp com ewfrf wc roduct click the link My CPU socket pins were damaged and so i bought another one it is the same motherboard i install it my cant update for mobo! bios my I but my PC notice that i changed it My original Bois that the mobo came with is just like the new one I update it the old mobo to the lasted bios from hp which is But since i changed it it revert it the which is the new motherboard bios So the i downloaded I cant update my bios for my mobo! the bios from hp to update it but it says it does not I cant update my bios for my mobo! meet the system requirements and i cant update it but some how it update it to from some windows update package So is there anyway i can update it to like i had it before I read on the internet that if you change you OEM mobo and replace it with another even if its exactly the same one it will not be recognize as an hp motherboard since my pc is an hp pavilion Anybody has this problem PS i did not buy the new mobo from hp i got it off ebay And the Bios from HP is for windows vista not seven Also i already try installing vista again and updfate the bios from vista OS but no luck its not recognise as an OEM mobo

A:I cant update my bios for my mobo!

Ok calm down. There are a few ways of doing this. I had the same problem with another HP I worked on.

Downloaded the bios folder that I have uploaded )This is the one from HP I just extraced it). The application named "Flash" in the folder I uploaded with this post right click and go to "properties" then go to "Compatablity" and change to windows vista. Then click ok and just run the application named "Flash." Post if this works or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/136677-i-cant-update-my-bios-my-mobo.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all,

I'm using a gigabyte socket 939 k8nf9 ultra rev 2, and am wondering if I should update the drivers? It runs fine, but wondering if I can improve game preformance with these... or should I leave it if it's stable? There are several drivers I can add... for sata, main, lan etc.

thanks,

gubar

A:Should I update my mobo drivers?

I say Yes from your Gigabyte support drivers page.
Not the BIOS update though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-update-my-mobo-drivers.99703/
Relevancy 43.43%

Gigabyte shows that if I install i7 3770k I will need Bios ver. F10

I have an i7 2600k installed now with BIOS ver. F5

Do you guys believe it is safe to install BIOS ver. F10 while my 2600k is installed?

Afterwards I intend to change out the CPU's.

A:BIOS Update on a GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 MOBO

It shouldn't be a problem as BIOS updates are usually backward compatible and just have "added support" for whatever hardware.

When you update the BIOS, follow the update instructions exactly and don't have anything else running (e.g. browser or e-mail) so as to not interfere with the BIOS update. Keep in mind a failed BIOS update can corrupt the BIOS and unless your motherboard has a BIOS recovery option, worse case it can require a motherboard replacement.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255725-bios-update-ga-z68x-ud5-b3-mobo.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently updated my mobo's bios and with the update I now see this "press F4 to use ACC". I have an AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE CPU. Is there any benefit to using this new function that ASUS is offering with my quad core.

A:Asus mobo bios update

It looks like ACC is a utility for unlocking AMD CPU hidden cores for 'overclocking'.

So if you are into that kind of thing it may be a useful tool.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...re-unlocking/1

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188609-asus-mobo-bios-update.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys.

So how can get a step by step manual to upgrade my Motheboard ASUS P5rD1- VM socket 775 . why I need this.. ? well I get into this by my memory ram upgrade and ther were no workaround for this , than upgrade my BIOS so ther u go Im 'n the middle of this
and a question for u guys... Flash the Motherboard its the same thing as to Update it ? or are diferent things ?

Toti.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, for these couple of days when i was playing wc3, i was having alot of screen lag. I have updated all my drives inlcuding video card and proccessor. But im not sure if i upgraded/updated my mobo which is an ASUS. When i went to the site i wasnt sure what to do... Can any 1 help me out here?

Model: ASUS - A7V8X-X
Nvidia Geforce2 Mx/Mx 400
AMD Althon (TM)xp 2000+

A:Unsure Of Mobo Update/upgrade

You have a VIA Chipset (KT400A). I'm assuming you have Windows XP - Version 5.10a. You will need to reinstall the video card drivers after installing these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsure-of-mobo-update-upgrade.60170/
Relevancy 43.43%

I know it sounds stupid but this is the first time Ive ever dealt Intel. Ive always used VIA or nVidia. Im putting a Gigabyte mobo into an eMachine. The mobo has the 845GV chipset. It didnt come with a driver disk and I cant find this model listed on Gigabytes site. Can I use the 845 drivers from Intels site? Do you have to download drivers for each particular chipset? Thanks.

A:How do you update Intel mobo drivers?

what is the model # of the motherboard. It should be printed in small letters. Usually around the edge of the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-update-intel-mobo-drivers.48300/
Relevancy 43.43%

I was reading that your Intel motherboard drivers should be updated. I watched the video and it seemed so easy. It said you can run it even if your mobo is not Intel with no harm done. The target to do so is below.
I am only an average pc user. Is updating the mobo drivers as important as was being stressed and is it a rather fool proof procedure. I have no idea.

|MG| Intel Chipset Device Software (Formerly Chipset Software Installation Utility) 9.3.0.1026 Download

A:update Intel mobo drivers

yeah it is cool dude, no worries. And yes, it wont hurt to update to that particular driver actually as it does fix some earlier prob.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/22071-update-intel-mobo-drivers.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys i have an old Asus mother board A8N-SLI Premium
link to asus ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

im getting blue screen errors with new ram and new stata drives i installed i wanted to update bios but on the site it doesnt list Windows 7 as supported operating system in downloads section.

I downloaded Bios utility and received error "Does not support this operating system: WNT_.1H_MCE"

im not a tech wizard but i read that i can create a boot disk from the .bin file and update bios that way but im bit nervous about that so i thought i post here first

any advice appreciated thanks

A:old asus mobo can i update bios with windows 7?

forgot to add the memory im using.

2GBx two
G Skill DDR3 1333
installed correctly according to manual

i guess i can change the ram to the old one i had and see if it still blue screens to isolate issue to mobo / HDD

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/191922-old-asus-mobo-can-i-update-bios-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 43%

I just swapped motherboards, purchased Windows XP Home Edition with SP2, and did a repair install without the Recovery Console, as instructed by a manual I read.

After I configured everything, and activating Windows through the internet during the installation wizard of Windows XP, I tried updating through the Windows Update on the Microsoft website.

It tells me I currently have 77 updates available. The updater downloads all 77, then quickly notifies me that all 77 updates have failed to install, listing all of them that failed.

This happens when I try to update Windows Media Player 10 to WMP 11 also.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue, please write back. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 42.57%

I need a bios update for this motherboard, i do not know what model these boards were used in so I cannot locate the correct bios update on the compaq website for it. It is physically identical to the FIC AZ31, but made for compaq and I guess the FIC bios is not compatible with the compaq board. I have two of these boards that I cannot get to work with modems or NIC cards. These would have been Socket A Athlon or duron systems sold in late 2000 or early 2001. If you can tell me about the specific model numbers I would appreciate it. Thanks.

A:FIC AZ31 mobo (Compaq UWAVE)bios update

You would need to contact Compaq, often part of the BIOS is located on the hard drive in their models.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fic-az31-mobo-compaq-uwave-bios-update.88046/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all I ve come back to the forums in hopes you good people can help me out as you have numerous times before in my previous threads I just upgraded my Bro s PC installed the quot Chaintech VNF Ultra VE Mobo quot I installed an AMD X CPU I went Chaintech VNF4 VE to how flash/update BIOS? Ultra Mobo, to Chaintechs website to check for latest drivers updates for the Mobo They have a new BIOS update date that allows the Mobo to support AMD X Dual Core CPU s I installed Win XP Pro w SP everything seems to be running fine I am not sure if my CPU is being supported amp recognized as a Dual Core Chip so I Chaintech VNF4 Ultra VE Mobo, how to flash/update BIOS? decided to try amp flash update the BIOS I D L the BIOS update onto a floppy disk I rebooted my PC during the POST the bottom it states to hit quot ATL F quot to enter the AwardFlash Utility I assume this is how one flashed updates the BIOS So did that then it instructs me to place the floppy into the drive amp hit ENTER when I do it takes me to an interface displaying the Award Flash Utility V amp the following quot For NF-CK -VN F C- DATE FLASH TYPE- FILE NAME TO PROGRAM VN BIN quot the bottom of the page it says quot message Please wait quot but the message keeps flashing amp nothing happens I ve left it alone for mins amp when I came back the same screen amp message still there Am I doing something wrong I have flashed a BIOS on my Biostar Mobo which was located in the Bios setup page amp went through smoothly I assume something is wrong which is not allowing the BIOS to flash amp install the latest BIOS update I just want to make sure the BIOS is updated so that my AMD X CPU is supported amp working fine How does one check to make sure AMD X Dual Core chips are running as Dual Core amp are being recognized by the Mobos Any help suggestions are greatly appreciated I already emailed chaintech support but they have yet to respond They only seem to support Mobos through emails amp not over the phone nbsp

A:Chaintech VNF4 Ultra VE Mobo, how to flash/update BIOS?

TMSKILZ said:

Hello all,

I've come back to the forums in hopes you good people can help me out as you have numerous times before in my previous threads.

I just upgraded my Bro's PC, installed the "Chaintech VNF4 Ultra VE Mobo," I installed an AMD 64 X2 4400+ CPU. I went to Chaintechs website to check for latest drivers/updates for the Mobo. They have a new BIOS update (date: 6/03/2005)that allows the Mobo to support AMD 64 X2 (Dual Core) CPU's. I installed Win XP Pro w/SP2, everything seems to be running fine. I am not sure if my CPU is being supported & recognized as a Dual Core Chip, so I decided to try & flash/update the BIOS.

I D/L the BIOS update onto a floppy disk. I rebooted my PC, during the POST @ the bottom it states to hit "ATL+F2" to enter the AwardFlash Utility. I assume this is how one flashed/updates the BIOS. So did that, then it instructs me to place the floppy into the drive & hit ENTER, when I do, it takes me to an interface displaying the Award Flash Utility V8.57 & the following:

"For NF-CK804-VN61F210C-00 DATE:02/03/2005
FLASH TYPE-

FILE NAME TO PROGRAM: VN210603.BIN_"

@ the bottom of the page it says..."message: Please wait!" but the message keeps flashing & nothing happens. I've left it alone for 30 mins & when I came back the same screen & message still there.

Am I doing something wrong? I have flashed a BIOS on my Biostar Mobo which was located in the Bios setup page & went through smoothly. I assume something is wrong which is not allowing the BIOS to flash & install the latest BIOS update. I just want to make sure the BIOS is updated so that my AMD64 X2 CPU is supported & working fine. How does one check to make sure AMD 64 X2 Dual Core chips are running as Dual Core & are being recognized by the Mobos?

Any help suggestions are greatly appreciated. I already emailed chaintech support, but they have yet to respond. They only seem to support Mobos through emails & not over the phone.Click to expand...

There is a way to check if your Processor is being recognised as dual-core. Load up windows and press ctrl+atl+delete. CLick the performance tab and look at the CPU Usage History window. If there are 2 seperate windows, the processor is running in dual core mode. If there is just one, it is not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chaintech-vnf4-ultra-ve-mobo-how-to-flash-update-bios.56455/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have three P8Z77-V Deluxe mobos. I went to check the software and firmware and found a NEW dropdown for Win8 64 bit today. There was also a new UEFI BIOS out at the same time with no description of what changed.

Check to see if your mobo manufacturer is putting out new stuff...

A:ASUS just put a Win8 dropdown for my mobo plus a new UEFI BIOS update.

I checked on ASUS site for my system now, no Windows 8 in the drop down :<

I checked for the Mobo "P6X58D-E", the laptop "N65VZ" and for the Mobo "E45M1-I DELUXE"

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7957-asus-just-put-win8-dropdown-my-mobo-plus-new-uefi-bios-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all, I recently built a new computer on the Z170 / Skylake platform from a Z77 / Ivy Bridge based computer.

I noticed USB 3.0 seems to be an issue with Windows 7, which I'm having problems with. But I also encountered problems with Windows Update, which just seems to hang when checking for updates. I assume this is Microsofts way of forcing you to install Windows 10...

Is there a way to get Windows Update working again?

A:Upgraded To Z170 Mobo, Now Windows Update Doesn't Work?

There are no issues with usb 3.0, just use usb 2.0 ports for the keyboard and mouse and install with a dvd, no issues at all.

There are millions of threads here about windows update, we can`t keep answering every single question about them

Just get windows update going and walk away, don`t let your PC go to sleep and in a week or 2 the updates will show up

But seriously, just let it run overnight and all will be fine in the morning.

Microsoft has fired all the Windows 7 update personal and are down to 1 windows 7 update server and it`s running Windows ME

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394629-upgraded-z170-mobo-now-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all, I recently built a new computer on the Z170 / Skylake platform from a Z77 / Ivy Bridge based computer.

I noticed USB 3.0 seems to be an issue with Windows 7, which I'm having problems with. But I also encountered problems with Windows Update, which just seems to hang when checking for updates. I assume this is Microsofts way of forcing you to install Windows 10...

Is there a way to get Windows Update working again?

A:Upgraded To Z170 Mobo, Now Windows Update Doesn't Work?

There are no issues with usb 3.0, just use usb 2.0 ports for the keyboard and mouse and install with a dvd, no issues at all.

There are millions of threads here about windows update, we can`t keep answering every single question about them

Just get windows update going and walk away, don`t let your PC go to sleep and in a week or 2 the updates will show up

But seriously, just let it run overnight and all will be fine in the morning.

Microsoft has fired all the Windows 7 update personal and are down to 1 windows 7 update server and it`s running Windows ME

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394629-upgraded-z170-mobo-now-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 42.14%

ASRock has issued BIOS updates for several mobos with a simple comment "improves memory compatibility." For me, that turned out to be a solid fix for my Intel-based mobo that had intermittent USB 3.0 detection problems on specific devices. Now, they all are recognized as USB 3.0 100% of the time. Check for BIOS updates here:

ASRock > Motherboard Series

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/29294-asrock-mobo-owners-check-recent-bios-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I've updated my tech specs on my comp so clicking the computer icon next to my name will give you all the stats for my pc. Now, on to the main point: I'm looking to upgrade my current AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ processor to an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ processor and I've been told that to upgrade processors you need to update your BIOS before installing the new CPU.

If that is the case, (A) where would I go to get any updates for a M2N68-LA motherboard and (B) can anyone tell me if that'll make it work for sure?

Also I'd would appreciate any tips for changing out my processor as this will be my first time doing so. Thank you for any help

A:Solved: How do I update BIOS for my mobo? Needed to upgrade processor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-update-bios-for-my-mobo-needed-to-upgrade-processor.747534/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there vista users harley here again ok for those who have that MOBO users NVKDLLM BIOS gigibyte for fix error....possible update Nvidea dreaded Nvidea NVKDLLM error i had the same dureing a game it would freeze up black screen then come back with the error some times my mouse pointer would glitch up my Nvidea card is attached to a GIGIBYTE GA-EP -DS motherboard which has been with me since and a lot of changes have happend since then GIG of extra ram fried my Nvidea GT xD Nvidea NVKDLLM error....possible fix for gigibyte MOBO users BIOS update replaced with GTS so my fix was is that i went to the gigbyte website looked up my bord there and clicked on support and downloads went to BIOS in the drop down menu and a bunch of BIOS versions were there F to F so i checked my bios firmwear in system info to Nvidea NVKDLLM error....possible fix for gigibyte MOBO users BIOS update see it was F OMG the orginal firmwear from when Nvidea NVKDLLM error....possible fix for gigibyte MOBO users BIOS update i got it built so downloaded bios from gigibyte download page and ran it had it check the GB servers in the US with one which was for my bord was the F latest ver and flashed it when it was done it asked for a reset i hit ok at the splash screen booted into bios and hit LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFULTS just to be safe hit F to save tryed a game like GTA IV or SR direct x version or with no problems i think that this has fixed it for those who are worried about flashing the bios please take it to your local PC shop for it to be done have not had a problem since yesterday when i did it if you have any questions please leave a messege on this thead Harley

A:Nvidea NVKDLLM error....possible fix for gigibyte MOBO users BIOS update

Hi Harley,

Thanks for taking the time to share this solution! I'm sure others experiencing this problem will really appreciate your efforts

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/299953-nvidea-nvkdllm-error-possible-fix-gigibyte-mobo-users-bios-update.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Putting together a build for a friend however I believe the motherboard may have been damaged or was fans off Build, no New mobo, beeps fan psu cpu not Mobo light, case powers green damaged upon my taking part New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps in the build I assembled the parts a w thermaltake psu an asus mobo e intel processor western digital hard drive New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps gigs of GSkill ati hd gpu and an LG dvd drive Posted gave an error message about cpu fan error I google it it seemed to be relatively harmless While in the bios the computer s signal disappeared I attempted a reboot to no avail No error codes cpu fan stopped spinning Removed memory no error code removed no error code case fan connected to the motherboard spins when powered on motherboard shows green light no signal detected I tested the processor in another rig and it worked fine and the cpu fan spun fine Tested another power supply with said motherboard and the motherboard fan would not spin and it would not post and no error codes Is my motherboard dead Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps

check and recheck the connections on the board, if unsuccessful, make sure you haven t short-circuited the mobo, ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-mobo-green-light-psu-powers-case-fans-off-mobo-not-cpu-fan-no-beeps.132515/
Relevancy 38.7%

This problem has the configuration listed in my system specs below which have just changed recently My OCZ Vertex died RMA'ed but sold and replaced with the Transcend SSD quot SATAIII GB Also sold my GPU Now trying to get everything back on track I reinstalled my OS on the SSD but I can't for the life of me get the HDMI working When reinstalling I knew it was normal onboard mobo Mobo HD - HDMI? ATI detecting not Radeon ASUS 4250 for only my Dell CRT to show up via its VGA connection but then the main ViewSonic HD monitor never came on I finally realized it wasn't responding to anything The ViewSonic HD monitor is the only thing plugged in right now on both VGA amp HDMI but Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo will only work on the VGA It had been working fine before the OCZ SSD died No VGA problems The onboard ATI Radeon Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo HD is fully updated and all the drivers are installed and updated to the best of my knowledge There is an update for the BIOS on the ASUS website that I had never installed ever but the only change from before was the SSD so that should not matter I've even made sure I installed the specific driver for the monitor from the disc it came with I tried playing around in BIOS and for once no matter what graphics device order I set i e IGPX-PCI-GPX-etc it always reverted to the mobo's VGA And obviously Device Manager is showing no yellow question marks and is generally no help right now Again there is NO longer a standalone GPU video card in this system just the ASUS M A TD-V EVO USB 's onboard internal graphics ATI Radeon HD Is there something I'm missing Anything I could possibly try Any ideas FYI I knew my OS image was horribly out of date so I didn't bother trying to reinstall that Also since the GB size of the SSD is smaller now wouldn't it not work anyway Well that's moot

A:Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo

It's plausible that your HDMI port on your MOBO is dead. Is it possible to obtain a GPU and try it's HDMI port?
It could be your monitor as well, do you have access to anything else supporting HDMI and see if your monitor connects?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252936-mobo-not-detecting-hdmi-ati-radeon-hd-4250-onboard-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Does ATI cards conflict with this mobo?
ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard
I heard there would be 'cause the mobo is a VIA. Is that true?
Should the mobo conflict with any of these below and forgive me for the video in a CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos board,
SAPPHIRE Radeon 9550 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card and or
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO AGP 4X/8X

A:ASUS mobo in conflict with ATI cards? (reaschering the mobo)

Have you asked ati yet? Read what the mobo manufacturer has to say about it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-in-conflict-with-ati-cards-reaschering-the-mobo.30766/
Relevancy 37.84%

http h www hp com ewfrf wc document cc us amp docname c amp dlc en amp lc en amp jumpid reg R USEN The above link is to the HP specs for the machine The mobo is overheating and yes i ve done all the reg maint stuff Let s call it dead bury it and buy a new bride I did upgrade the video and sound last year but those devices should be good for a few more yrs This pc is strictly for gaming music and my embroidery machine software I have never replaced a motherboard nor cpu before though I ve done all else My concern is that in my eagerness to get this girl back up an running I overshoot and choose a board - mobo Intel w/ Replacing Solved: pls. help mobo RC410-M ECS that won t support the current devices I d love to replace the cpu right now Solved: Replacing ECS RC410-M mobo w/ Intel mobo - help pls. too but w bdays and christmas coming Solved: Replacing ECS RC410-M mobo w/ Intel mobo - help pls. I can t afford it So help me geniuses What motherboards would support the pos Pentium D S DC GHz socket but still allow me to celebrate my nd birthday with a new cpu a quad ohh ahhh next april I have searched and searched and it s probably staring me in the face but I can t figure out the mobos I m guessing some of these would work but again brain doesn t work as well as it should and I just cant figure it out http techreport com articles x Thanks for your help Peace ohbrandi nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I'm upgrading a computer and I'm having difficulties with loading. I am replacing just the mother board, processor chip, and the ram chip. I am re-using the hard drives, cd/dvd drives, and everything else.

I've upgraded from:
an AMD chip to a P4 3.0e w/ HT
an unknown AMD mobo to a DFI PS85-BL ver B1 mobo

I will be using 512 mb ddr 400 pc3200 kingston ram

I already called DFI and they said that I need to unistall the system drivers. Of course, I tried uninstalling all device drivers and then shut down and rebuilt computer. When I booted, the computer asked for safe mode or boot normally. No matter what I select, it automatically reboots.

Any ideas, instructions, or definite fixes?

A:Upgrade Issues. Upgrading from AMD mobo to P4 mobo.

Watching over Gotham City...hey it's dark out here

Why Do u Wanna Upgrade to Pentuim 4
Just Asking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-issues-upgrading-from-amd-mobo-to-p4-mobo.20691/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am trying to put together a Server running for my home I have a two computers running socket MOBOS and CPUs I have enough pieces to put together another computer CPU RAM Mobo Graphic card Besides this old gear I have a special server case and RAID card I tried to get the computer set up a while back and got errors from the MOBO I made a half attempt to work it out but do newer 939 Mobo Socket purchase a Mobo or not have the time or patience I figured I would just buy another inexpensive mobo and get it going Based on the prices I am seeing for this mobo Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo it has turned into a collectors item and worth more now than when they were cutting edge Should I just suck it up and pay for a Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo old MOBO or should I upgrade my home theater PC to a newer MOBO with new Ram and CPU then take that mobo for the Server That computer runs fine now with a CPU but a newer socket would allow me options for the future without paying a premium for old school technology If you suggest a newer MOBO I would appreciate suggestions on which MOBO and CPU for a Micro ATX case good for a HTPC BTW I am on the road more than at Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo home so most of my work is done on a newer laptop nbsp

A:Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo

You can do mobo/ 2GB RAM and a X2 AM2 for around $150, I would go that route.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-939-mobo-or-purchase-a-newer-mobo.858269/
Relevancy 37.41%

Here is my mobo, will be here Thursday.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157139

I want a Phenom II soon. I then started (after I purchased the motherboard first) got interested in getting an X3 and trying to see about unlocking the 4th core.

I have searched around and can find little information about anything other than Biostar and 790 chipsets unlocking the core.

If anyone has information that could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and if anyone here has this motherboard, how do you like it?

A:New Mobo, quick question (CPU/Mobo Related)

The motherboard looks pretty good... I am an Intel man though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-quick-question-cpu-mobo-related.125107/
Relevancy 37.41%

Howdy I m at my PSU/Mobo spin New fans won't LED green, Mobo wits end here and I was hoping one New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin of you could point me in the direction of something else to try Working on friend s ish eMachine ick because his motherboard chipset heatsink fell off New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin Used some thermal adhesive to stick the sucker back on but when i hit the power button nothing happens However the motherboard led is on So I pop in another working PSU that I had laying around with the same thing happening At this point I figure the motherboard got fried and ordered a no name gateway oem motherboard I throw it in and have the exact same issue I try shorting the power pins to see if it was my power switch and nada It might be that the processor was killed but wouldn t the psu fan start up in that case Or I ordered a dud motherboard with the same symptoms At this point I m just not sure what step to take to resolve the problem Any advice nbsp

A:New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin

Run the motherboard outside the case with just CPU and memory installed. See if it starts. If not, the CPU could be fried or you have a defective motherboard. I hope you didn't use the old power supply with the replacement motherboard, if you did, you probably fried the 2nd motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-led-green-psu-mobo-fans-wont-spin.115091/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have read several posts about issues with this already MOBO MOBO OS to 7 from Need on new files maintain and baked. HD I had an ECS P M MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO Pro-M V with a Pentium I had a primary and MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO secondary hard drive as well as a DVD RW on it My brother-in-law originally build the computer some years ago I got the dreaded call the other day quot Honey the computer won't turn on quot DOA fried MOBO I ordered a Biostar A G MOBO with integrated graphics audio and LAN cards Popped in an AMD Athlon X G and two DDR G Ram sticks Fired that puppy up on my old hard drive It ran through some system checks and nada I keep getting back to nothing I had a system backup set up to run but the destination drive ended up being full without my realizing it and now I'm up shit creek becuase the drive won't boot I've got some important business stuff on that drive which I know I can recover but I would just like it to get up and run I have the install CD and it is a direct from Microsoft CD Nothing specific to the old MOBO What to do This was supposed to be my swan song New computer and I was going to be rocking it out zilcho Please help me out

A:MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO

Describe "I keep getting back to nothing" in more detail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211207-mobo-baked-need-maintain-7-os-files-hd-new-mobo.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi
I have an eMachine desktop that Iam repairing for a friend,
we have come to the conclusion (from experience) that because it is dead
even when trying to turn it on that it has suffered from Capacitor Plague
(Perhaps in the PSU then damaging the MoBo)
A new PSU has been tried and it still doesn't work
WHAT Type of 'cheap' motherboard could I replace the current one with?
it has a Celeron processor so we will be looking to conserve that..
I was looking at this...
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/118272/rb/26818414574
or
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/119412/rb/26825319999 (incase his CPU is socket 478)
will this one be compatible?
My friend just wants a cheap solution...
Ive recommended the new PSU / MoBo and extra RAM (at least another 256Mb to
bring it to 512)

any recommendations would be helpful....

thx

Relevancy 36.12%

The HP ProDesk 400 G1 MS motherboard is bad.  It is a MS 7860 v1.2.    It has a special connector for the USB ports on the mobo.   Can somebody recommend a new mobo replacement? Thanks. Darryl

A:Replacement Mobo for MS 7860 v1.2 (bad mobo)

Just saw the schematic and the connector is the USB 3.0 mobo connector that combines two USB 3.0 ports.   What do you ask for on a new mobo? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Replacement-Mobo-for-MS-7860-v1-2-bad-mobo/td-p/5703205
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi...I have a motherboard with a few bulging capacitors and the board is toast IMO...I saw somewhere that you can replace the capacitors though..So I was wondering is it better to get a new motherboard or replace the capacitors ?/ any info is appreciated...

Relevancy 36.12%

Sorry I didnt read the guide of how to make a good post.

I have an Emachine for about 4yrs now. 2 weeks ago I turned it on and it turned right back off, I thought it was the power supply, but it wasnt. I took it to Best Buy, told me it was the motherboard. I dont want to spend money on another mother board since emachine sucks, I already spent $400 last year to get my cd drive fixed. U guys say an ATX motherboard is good and cheap, its way better than an emachine mobo. The problem is I dont know which ATX mobo(a good one) to get for my emachine. My emachine is a W350.

Please respond

A:Which ATX mobo should I get to replace with my emachine mobo

The tricky part of this is you will probably have to not only replace the motherboard, but also the power supply, processor and memory

Here's an example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138090

The power supply is old and you wouldn't want to damage a new motherboard would you. The old memory is DDR. The new board takes DDR2 memory. You may be able to use the old CPU or processor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-atx-mobo-should-i-get-to-replace-with-my-emachine-mobo.101101/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey guys, I am building my second system and am just wondering what mobo to get.

I don't full understand the advantages that a 64bit system will bring but I know that a dual processor will do wonders for my work flow (I have a 3D modeller who renders alot). I was just wondering if you know of a dual processor mobo which is also 64bit. That would be the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Any advice you can give would be great.

A:64 bit mobo vs dual processor mobo?

Any preferences between intel and AMD?

If you are going AMD, get a socket 939 motherboard with the nforce4 chipset, like this one for example:
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/a8n-e/overview.htm

Then pop a dual core, 64bit CPU in it:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_9485_13041,00.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/64-bit-mobo-vs-dual-processor-mobo.31846/
Relevancy 35.26%

I replaced the mobo on my Dell 5510. Purchased from Dell. Sticker on mobo says BIOS ver A05. About every other day I get blue screen and physical dump of memory. My system info says my BIOS ver is A07. How do I go about changing BIOS? Is it as simple as pulling battery for 15 seconds? Some have offered this suggestion but I get a little worried at "friends" advice.

A:Replaced MOBO on Dell 5510 BIOS sticker on MOBO says A05, system in still has BIOS of A07

Removing the battery won't change the BIOS version. You need to download the version you require from the Dell site. From Windows you "flash" the BIOS. Take your time preparing for this. If anything goes wrong you will wreck your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-mobo-on-dell-5510-bios-sticker-on-mobo-says-a05-system-in-still-has-bios-of-a07.206391/
Relevancy 33.11%

I installed a new motherboard and it does not seem to new mobo new PSU, No mobo light, be getting power The green light is off When I first installed the motherboard it was connected to the old power supply When I would plug No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo it in I got a clicking noise but nothing else I figured since it was only a w psu and motherboard manual states w I put in a w power supply Now I get nothing Not even clicking noises The whole thing wont even run POST Literally nothing happens when I plug it in or click the power button Yes I tried the switch on the back of the No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo power supply It s active PFC I just installed a P G -M LX motherboard I installed a w OCZ stealthxstream power supply I already connected the pin and the pin power cables Can anyone please give me some advice to at least get the green light on I would try a new processor or new ram if this showed any signs of power going to the motherboard at all nbsp

A:No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo

Well, I don't know about a motherboard that requires "400 Watts". I think that the CPU, and even more importantly, the graphics card combine to set the tone of how much power is likely to be drawn.

Moving along, the "clicking" you heard could be the PSU cutting out due to a short circuit. Check the board to case standoffs, and make certain every one you have in place, has solder lands under the screws. (These are intended to be grounded). If there is no solder land under a screw, remove that particular standoff. BTW did you hook up the ATX (4 pin) connector, the plug near the CPU, and did you connect the PCIE- 6 pin connector to the video card? (This assumes the card you're using needs one)

That bad news is that you may have damaged the board, if indeed it was a short.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-mobo-light-new-psu-new-mobo.155806/
Relevancy 33.11%

What is the difference between a regular old computer motherboard and a "server motherboard"? Are they faster? Do they have more ports?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-vs-server-mobo.866327/
Relevancy 31.39%

I thought I cleaned up some malware that hit my computer last week but it seems that there is still something on there I would appreciate any help anyone could give When trying to access McAfee update an Update Error occurs saying An error occurred while updating Please reinstall these programs McAfee Virus Scan Plus Also when trying to access Firefox update it says Update server not found Flash Firefox IE, store, etc. update, Can't iTunes McAfee update, update, access check your internet connection When Adobe Flash plugin tries to update it says that I need Can't access McAfee update, Firefox update, Flash update, iTunes store, IE, etc. to check my internet connection and though I can access the internet I cannot get the update to download When in iTunes I cannot access the iTunes store nor can I download any of my podcasts When I try to use Internet Explorer it says Internet explorer cannot display this page for any website I try to access but Firefox seems to work Malwarebytes and SpyBot scans run clean It seems that I have something similar to what was posted about in http www bleepingcomputer com forums t infected-by-something-but-dont-know-what and http www bleepingcomputer com forums t cant-access-security-site-no-cmd-prompt-help I have attached my hijackthis logI would appreciate any help you could provide Thank you

A:Can't access McAfee update, Firefox update, Flash update, iTunes store, IE, etc.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327339/cant-access-mcafee-update-firefox-update-flash-update-itunes-store-ie-etc/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello all.
Running windows 10 pro 64 bit.
I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607.
Or at least, I thought I did.
The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system still shows OS Version 1511.
Used update again, same thing, rebooted, 1511.
Went to the windows site, downloaded the windows10upgrade9252.exe, ran it, same exact issue, rebooted, still showing version 1511.
Error logs show no issues. Disabled all external drives, turned off anti-virus, etc, repeated, rinsed, rebooted, still version 1511.
Only think I've not done is burned an ISO to DVD and updated from that.
Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks!
Nelson Davis

A:windows 10 update from version 1511 to 1607 anniversary update - does not update

Can you check to see what OS version you have? Check in settings > system > OS build. It should show something like 14393.5 or 14393.10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434091-windows-10-update-version-1511-1607-anniversary-update-does-not-update.html
Relevancy 30.1%

hello friend..

I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out

"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

I am connected to internet, Mozilla firefox is ok, utorrent is ok, everything is fine except windows update.
I have try disable the firewall, turn off windows defender, disable antivirus, none of it work.
I downloaded windows10 update assistant, did not work.
I don't know what is blocking windows update form connecting to internet.

Any suggestion? or perhaps solution.

Thank You.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62813-unable-update-windows-update-cannot-connect-update-service.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Search Results

I am trying to update from Windows 10 OS Build 10586.589 to the Anniversary Update but my computer freezes at 1% progress. I have tried everything I can think of including: Unplugging all extra SATA drives except my main SSD, unplugging my wireless network adapter, unplugging all USB devices (even mouse and keyboard), removing old drivers and updating outdated ones, and installing the update through a USB flash drive. It always gets to the same part and freezes until I shutdown my computer and lose no data.

You can see pictures of the frozen screen here: http://imgur.com/a/PseoH.
Reddit thread (Took the guys advice on there): Windows 10 Anniversary Update Freeze : Windows10
Hopefully someone can give me some guidance on how to fix this as I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks!

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8320 (OC)
GPU: EVGA GTX 750 SC OS
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63726-cannot-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-freeze-during-update.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi. I don't know what has happened but my pc is running strangely recently. For example, I can't install the visual c redistributable (vcredist.exe), or directx 9.0c, and some games don't work which did a while ago - now they crash to the desktop. I haven't got a restore which fixes the problem. It is all a bit strange.
I've got windows 7 64 bit on a Dell vostro - i7 860, 4g ram etc.
I've tried microsoft security essentials, all manner of spyware removers including spyware search & destroy to no avail.
What should be the next step in investigating this?
Thanks for any help!

A:can't install visual c redistributable, or directx 9.0c, can't update - security update for visual c++, system update...

Microsoft Windows 7 already has DirectX 11, so installing version 9 will always fail and is useless. It also has VC++ redistributable 2005 and 2008. The latest version which is not included on Windows 7 is VC++ 2010 redistributables which you should install (but very few games are designed in VC++ 2010 today). When games fail, they create a crash report or log. You should go through them and try to find the possible cause. What message do games show when crashing?Check Event Viewer to find the possible cause of crashing of a game.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358151/cant-install-visual-c-redistributable-or-directx-90c-cant-update-security-update-for-visual-c-system-update-readiness-etc/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey everyone,
I'm having a few problems trying to update a few programs on my computer.
I can't update anything through my windows automatic update for some reason, everything fails. Also I cannot update my Net.Framework to 4.0 with the windows update or the standalone install. Any help would be much appreciated.

I get a error code: 80070490 from the windows update.
And the Net.Framework just says it failed due to : (0x80040154), "Class not registered "

A:Cannot update Net.Framework or update anything through windows update.

Hi Fataleclipse,

Looking at Microsofts site there are 2 solutions for this issue. Please have a look at this link and try the solutions mentioned. (1. Use Readiness Tool 2. System repair)

If the problem still persists after this, let us know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-update-net-framework-or-update-anything-through-windows-update-586718.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I am looking at a motherboard on newegg ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ... motherboard so he can have his own computer?

A:Do mobo have to use the indicated ram

You can use PC 2100, 2700 and 3200. The motherboard will automatically select the right speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-mobo-have-to-use-the-indicated-ram.29336/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just built a computer for the first time, and when I run it all the fans and lights turn on and everything seems to work, however no matter what I do my monitor says no vga signal. Now I tried all different kinds of cables in different ports and nothing seems to work. Is my cpu dead? Or is my motherboard damaged? I was worried with installing the cpu because I had to apply moderate pressure to bring the lever down.

A:Bad cpu or mobo?

First of all, have you read AND followed the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds?

Next you need to post your exact system specs; ie exact make and model of mb, exact ram, exact cpu, brand and wattage of pw supply, what video card is installed, etc, etc.

Post links to your parts if possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-cpu-or-mobo.1007332/
Relevancy 26.66%

A computer I built for my mother a little if tell pcu? my or if I is bad mobo How Can my its over six months ago asus PS -MX mobo prescott radeon pro antec W fanless power How Can I tell if my mobo is bad or if its my pcu? supply g hd and run of the mill cd writer and cd rom Two days ago she went to turn it on and only the fans came on no display on the monitor and she had to How Can I tell if my mobo is bad or if its my pcu? unplug the power cord to get it to shut off Now I have the PC at my apartment and I disconnected everthing from the mobo except the video card reset the cmos and I still get the same thing I even took my working pentium out of my desktop and put it in the other mobo same thing And since I was at it I took the Prescott out of hers and put it in mine the same thing happened in my desktop but this time I could shut it off by holding the powerswitch for about seconds Now I am just guessing but it seems to me that the mobo and the cpu are shot but I am not sure that I am leaving any tests out Do I have to do anything before after I switched the cpus between motherboards other than resetting the cmos I m pretty sure I am going to have to order something new but I don t want to order both a cpu and mobo if only one of them is bad any help would be greatly apprectiated nbsp

A:How Can I tell if my mobo is bad or if its my pcu?

Same thing happened here, i have sent mine to a professional repairing dude. I will post once he finds out whats wrong.
Alot of people seem to have this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-tell-if-my-mobo-is-bad-or-if-its-my-pcu.29202/
Relevancy 26.66%

HI All, a site newbie here and I need your help to confirm my thinking

I have an Asrock Alive4g dvi mobo, duo core amd processor and 2x1gb sticks of PNY Ram. When I start up the pc, I get a beep code of memory refresh error and at the bottom of the screen
00A1
6B38
I have tried to use just 1 stick of ram in each slot(trying with both sticks). I have reset the bios, new cmos battery and the ram is stable in another pc. I have used the safe default settings and also run it without anything attached.
Am I right in thinking that it is the mobo that's faulty?

Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Compaq 4400US and a dark screen on the monitor. Power supply was bad and I wonder if it destroyed the motherboard. Monitor is good, memory is good, tryed three diff. power supplies. CDRW lite comes on and door works-power on lite comes on but power on switch will not turn it on or off ( must unplug to turn on and off) Tested switch and it's good. Where could I find a replacement mobo with a 370 socket? Too old for Newegg?

Relevancy 26.66%

I finally picked out the new cpu and mobo for my new computer:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131014R
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103633

I'll continue to use my old case w/power supply, ram (ddr2 533), and hard drive. Good Deal?

I'll be buying all of this tomorrow night.

A:New CPU and Mobo!

Just bought it early!!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-and-mobo.59758/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi im new to this board my first post!!!

ok...

I just bought my new Soyo kt400 Dragon ultra (black edition) and a 333fsb athlon xp 2600+ My problem is that I cant get the computer to post when i set the cpu frequency to 166... i've tried it automaticaly Setting it to 166 in the bios, and doing all the settings manually (frequency, divide etc...) NOTHING WORKS!!! when i put the freq. at 166 nO POST i get one beep and then no picture :\ why!?

Relevancy 26.66%

hi, i have a ASUSTek mobo, model number P4B266LM . and im wondering wats the highest cpu it can handle. currently i have a 1.61 P4 in there and im seeing how high i can go before i have to buy a new mobo.

A:Cpu For Mobo

i think 2.2 is the limit,does ayone know this for sure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-for-mobo.28849/
Relevancy 26.66%

Sorry guys but i just had to share this and sorry if it could be in the wrong forum but to me i think this MOBO kicks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131025

I've looked around and reviews and what not but it still seems likea kickin' mobo i just wonder if it's available in Canada

BTW tell me what you think of this system i don't have the funds for it but if i could ever build one it would be great... so just any random info from you guys would be great.

http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...B-RAM-1-66TB-HD-GeForce-7950-W0QQAdIdZ9368471

A:Have you seen this mobo ?

All seems pretty good except that if you're going to spend that kind of money, get a Core 2 Duo instead of a Pentium D.

And 1.5TB of storage is a little hefty. That money might be better spent on a newer GPU setup--like a DX10 compatible system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-you-seen-this-mobo.538778/
Relevancy 26.66%

My good ole Epox KHA based workhorse assembled so long ago that I cannot remember all the parts has died Problems began with semi sucessful starts where the CPU PSU fans amp everything else HDD CD spin up but are obviously heard to be JUST getting enough juice to spin the best word to describe it is that it stutters AND the thing did not POST Turned off power at the mains and switched system on again and this time it booted up ran CPU Mobo which? but or Windows and powered down normally Figured it must be power supply issue so disconnected nd CD drive to reduce load Mobo or CPU but which? Attempted to power up again but NOOooooo PSU fan does not spin up Mobo CPU cooling fan dead Mobo LED next to the memory slots lights up Mobo diagnostic LEDs dead The LEDs for power and HDD on the case connected to the mobo light up Done the basic checks which include PSU - reading on all rails as expected PSU alive and powers another test mobo New PSU plugged into my EPOX results in the above EXACTLY So don t think it s PSU NO it s not the wall plug Mobo not earthed although I don t know why I bothered to check this Took all components out bit of a clean and reassembled PC but still same result I did note that capacitors on the motherboard were bulging and crusty on opening the case EPOX KHA notorious for this despite it s greatness I really don t know if it was recent or if it s been leaking for a while yet still running Last gasp maybe I can hear you say that the finger is pointing to my motherboard My question is Will LEDs still light up on the mobo if it has croaked Can it be the CPU and how can I be sure it is isn t without finding another CPU to test the mobo with thus putting the CPU at risk my friends run Pentiums CPU doesn t LOOK toasted although I m a bit worried that attempts to power up has fried it because the CPU fan did not spin up Heatsink was present though Why does the PSU fan not spin up when connected to the mobo Some power is obviously getting to the mobo but not enough for the CPU fan Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Mobo or CPU but which?

Hard to say if the LEDs will light if the motherboard sustained damage. Usually LEDs are pretty hardy, but if the particular circuit is fried, they won't.

Bulging capacitors are a bad sign of deteriation and they are also dangerous. Capacitors contain some nasty and quite toxic chemicals. Don't touch them or breathe any vapors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-or-cpu-but-which.27548/
Relevancy 26.66%

Recently i have difficulties booting up..
When i press the power button , fans everything is spinning , however there is no signal to the monitor ..
after a few hours of trying off and on , it finally booted up. I can use my computer as per normal.
This problem is annoying.. any way to solve it

A:PSU or MOBO?

Three fixes you may try:
1. Remove memory modules, clean the slot & contacts with a good solvent (I use Electro Kleen)
2. Remove display card & clean as per step 1 (if a display card is fitted)
3. Try a known good power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psu-or-mobo.998095/
Relevancy 26.66%

oh i'm so dumb. i got the wrong mobo. i bought it online for my PIII 933mhz cpu, and it fits, but it's NLX. i didn't pay much attention. (OBVIOUSLY!) well, now i have to get a new case, but what the heck are these type of mobos used for?

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of building a new rig. Nothing special. I had a motherboard from a past build that I never used: Biostar TA760G M2+

I just received an AMD Phenom X4 9950

When the machine boots up, it displays a warning that says

The max power of the CPU is over 95w, prepare for shutdown

I went to the Biostar website and I figured out that the CPU uses too much "w" for the motherboard to handle. I looked at some new bios releases and it seemed that there were some new bios' that supported different CPU's

My question is this: Does anyone know if the mobo and cpu are at all compatible? If so, do i need to upgrade my bios?

thanks so much!

maX

A:Mobo and CPU don't like each other... Is there a fix?

the bios updates are for new cpu compatability, as they are released,and to fix issues. they don't change the wattage rating of the board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-and-cpu-dont-like-each-other-is-there-a-fix.132354/
Relevancy 26.66%

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/peripherals/mainboards/d1370.html#

What do you think the potential of overclocking on above MOBO? I have a 633 celeron on it right now. The site also said the board is 133 ready and able to take 1400 Tualatine Celeron with FCPGA. The problem is that, there is not FCPGA available, only FCPGA2 for Intel 1.2 and above.

I can see the freq, does swicthing it from 100 to 133 really boost me comp performance up to 841 ??? Any foreseable problem?? The box has a pathetic power supply (100 Watt) !!!

Getting a new computer, but would like to learn a few things out of this obsoleted machine.

Thanks
EQ

A:What can you do with this MOBO?

humm? Hang it on your wall with a label marked Crap. These boards suck - the technical info on them is short and terrible. Onboard video is terrible for gaming, there's no agp slot. The list of supprted cpu's doesn't even show your cpu. And if i'm not mistaken the Celeron 633 runs at 66Mhz not 100Mhz as most older celerons do. 300 watt powersupply is the minimum a computer should have these days. Overclocking may not be possible on this board - these boards don't compare to asus or intel boards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-can-you-do-with-this-mobo.109904/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an old pentium 1 @200mhz (MMX) that I want to put in my computer that currently has a cyrix M-II-300 @233mhz, is this possible? Do I need to change settings in my bios (AMI bios), and if so, what settings? Are there jumpers on the mobo I will need to change? What info about my mobo or the chip do I need to do this, I am clueless.
Thanks!
P.S. You may be asking why I would want to downgrade to 200mhz. This old chip has MMX, the current one I am using, doesnt. I cannot play divx compressed movies because its too CPU intense. They played fine on my old comp with the pentium 200mhz (MMX) and 95 megs of ram, however they wont play very well on this cyrix 233mhz with 128 megs of ram!

A:How to put an old CPU into my mobo

cyrix upgrade

First, are you sure your cyrix doesn't have mmx? On cpu-world it says the cyrix has mmx. This could be an error though. Also what motherboard do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-put-an-old-cpu-into-my-mobo.20121/
Relevancy 26.66%

BCCode e BCP C BCP BF DD BCP B BFC BCP CPU mobo? or OSVer SP Product CPU or mobo? x E xC x CPU or mobo? xB E CF x win k sys address BF DD base at BF CPU or mobo? These are the error things that i got the i think is a couldn t read exactly due to bad handwriting sorry but also things like to corrupt themselves and also graphics like to randomly go bad like from fine to random blotches of color or weird graphics are appearing where other graphics should be usually very colorful when this happens and its only games not web browser or anything else computer related also its usually a in chance that any file i download will be corrupt at least a bit by the time its downloaded certain things like my wireless adapter which is PCI likes to stop working and i have to reinstall it and web browsers randomly close firefox is what i use and it happens most often but ie also happens google chrome rarely does but still happens nbsp

A:CPU or mobo?

Wow sounds bad.
Not a lot of information however to the post.
Can you boot to windows or safe mode?

If not not to much trouble.
Follow the instruction HERE

You need to mount it ot CD and boot from that. It will check your RAM and CPU for problems. If anything is found then generally the hardware needs replacing. Run it for 7 passes.

Then
If nothing fails on there run check disk.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/hderrcheck.htm

If problems are found usually they mean a replacement again but sometimes not.

See what happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-or-mobo.121452/
Relevancy 26.66%

Does Anyone here know if Abit Mobo is good ? Because i used an msi on my old comp and i gotta say msi feels pretty crappy because it burned out on me when i installed the cpu :dead: just making another custom comp and wondered if Abit was good . Also can you guys recommend some good mobos.
thx

ps: Please Recommend Some Mobos that Work With AMD 64 3500+ and ATI
video cards Im Not On A Low Budget So It Wont Matter The Price But At Least A Brandname One

A:mobo help

O and make sure is has a 939 Socket

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-help.31369/
Relevancy 26.66%

should i reinstall windows 7 after baking up key things(either way i will have to call in... i think) so there's no problems with drivers. or just reactivate? to save time

A:getting new mobo/ cpu

Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521

should i reinstall windows 7 after baking up key things(either way i will have to call in... i think) so there's no problems with drivers. or just reactivate? to save time

If you do not have an OEM version, when you are ready just install. Give your key after installation, not during. Most drivers etc, will be already installed.

With an OEM it can only be used on one machine
With upgrade only one machine at a time

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49842-getting-new-mobo-cpu.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I was just reading the back of my mobo case, and it says, "Supports LGA775 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Precessor with HT Technology." What????? It can take a 775 socket processor? Mobo - ECS P4m800Pro

A:478 Mobo w/775 P4?

Well, that must be a typo. There is no way that socket 478 could support a LGA775 processor (because the with LGA775, the pins are on the mobo not the processor) but there are P4s with HT for socket 478... so that must be what they meant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/478-mobo-w-775-p4.58951/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey all I have my pc built with a few years and I m upgrading in the next week I ll be and CPU RAM New Mobo, upgrading the mobo cpu and ram I was thinking about going with a New Mobo, CPU and RAM Gigabyte GA- P DS SLI or possibly DQ Intel Core Duo E and Corsair CM X XMS - I m stuck to a budget and those pretty much eat it all up I will also be replacing the case at a later date and going water cooled I ve also managed to get a nVidia GTX mb GDDR for free so that allows me the upgrade to pci-e Where me questions are relate to what I ll be buying Has anyone used these If so are they good bad whatever Is there something else you d recommend over them I have no intention of going SLI at the moment but for that sake of a small bit extra it allows for future upgrades if needs be nbsp

A:New Mobo, CPU and RAM

Gigabyte is a good trustable mobo brand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-cpu-and-ram.58858/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey guys,

I want to upgrade my memory in my Dell Inspiron 9100. So, I went to Crucial.com to see what type of ram i needed. I was able to find some Kingston Value RAM on newegg.com cheaper. It matched all of the Specs of the ram on crucial, except the voltage was 2.6v instead of 2.5v. Is there a way to use this RAM in my computer? Is there a way to change that voltage setting in my BIOS? I have this RAM and I dont want to send it back unless I have to. Thanks!!!

Relevancy 26.66%

Hello, I just bought a new motherboard and realized that my old XP disc probably isnt going to work with this one since it came from DELL. Ithere anyway around this problem?? I'd like it to be as legal as possible

A:XP and a new mobo

Hi, As much as we all do not like the policy, Microsoft says that replacing the motherboard is the one foolproof way to "cancel" your copy of XP> it will not be reactivated on an OEM computer like a Dell, if you replace the motherboard with anything but a very very close match as it had, and it has to be a Dell part. Upgrading by replacing the mobo and trying to use the same OEM copy of XP is not allowed, though you may hear stories that it has been. I've heard and read them, also. If you can call Microsoft and they allow the activation, well, that's fine, but Microsoft has come out with more strict enforcement with motherboard changes.
You will need a new clean install of XP, and you should buy a new copy of XP Home or Pro, (or another operating system), and that copy may be OEM or full retail. Advantage of the full retail> it's transferable to new computers or when you upgrade- you will not have the activation problem next time you upgrade.
OEM copies are married to that computer built the original way as when XP was installed (motherboard). You can add or change drives, other parts, like video....but, doing too much at once may prompt for reactivation. Your activation vs. hardware configuration is reset after I think 120 days...that is, your new arrangement becomes the new basis after that amount of time. Last I read, that policy was still in place.
As you may know, if you do not get XP activated after 30 days you end up not being able to do much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-and-a-new-mobo.472919/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Y'all,

I have just installed a new MoBo with a 1.8 GH Celeron, a new video card, with a nic card also. I would like to use my old HD that has Win95 and enough space for what I need. Do I need to re-install my operating system? It doesn't seem to want to boot when win95 comes up. Am I just wasting my time with the old drive?

Thank you for your help. I'm new at this...

Jeff

Relevancy 26.66%

I am looking at an older lenovo comp. I used CPU Z and got that it has an AM2 X2 4400+ in it now. I just need to know if it will support an Am2+ cpu. This is all the mobo info CPU-Z gave me.

Northbridge ATI RS690/RS690M rev. 00
Southbridge ATI SB600 rev. 00
Memory Type DDR2
Memory Size 2048 MBytes
Channels Dual
Memory Frequency 328.6 MHz (CPU/7)
CAS# 5.0
RAS# to CAS# 5
RAS# Precharge 5
Cycle Time (tRAS) 15
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 21
Command Rate 2T

Thank You!

A:AM2+? help with mobo

Go to the Support section on Lenovos site. You should be able to look up your system by the model number. It may tell you what processors your motherboard will support and if there are any BIOS updates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am2-help-with-mobo.123069/
Relevancy 26.66%

So I have this old eMachines and have come to the conclusion that it crashing so many times is from the insane amount of dust its crappy SiS lt something gt integrated gfx chip Well I plan on fixing up that dust reapplying some thermal paste AS and adding a brand new Radeon in it AGP should play most stuff on medium settings Now the problem is the powersupply is a crap eMachines W that is years old I have a W -unused- 20-pin mobo? Using new on old 24-pin PSU PSU just sitting there in my box that is box of random stuff that I have lying around ATX v I believe It has pins and enough power for that eMachines and it s new The question is if I were to get a pin- pin adapter and hook everything up will something break The motherboard is a Foxcon socket A with a x AGP slot Don t know the exact model but the chipset is an Using new 24-pin PSU on old 20-pin mobo? SiS and so is the integrated gfx chip I think it should work but is it possible that the PSU will somehow over-power it or something of the sort I can t afford to break anything so I won t even try if you think it won t work All Using new 24-pin PSU on old 20-pin mobo? replies welcome Thanks nbsp

A:Using new 24-pin PSU on old 20-pin mobo?

I definately don't think it will "over-power" the eMachines. A system will only take as much power as it needs, leaving a lot left over from that 500-Watts. As long as you get that 24-20 pin adapter, the eMachines and the power supply will be fully compatible, presenting no problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-new-24-pin-psu-on-old-20-pin-mobo.62844/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Guys
My mate has a pc with a 2.5 Intel processor. He had it built for him and it looks like the mobo was as cheap as the guy could get.
Could you reccomend one that takes the above processor but has good onboard video and sound.., and takes a nice bit of ddr ram.
I live in the uk and usually use e buyer.com
He wants to go for quality so the price isnt an issue, as long as its not over 1000 lol

Cheers

Gus

A:Which Mobo

You could check out Intel Motherboard Rankings.

Most of the current/better motherboards do not have onboard video, but do have onboard sound.

I hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-mobo.185067/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Can someone locate the layout TX-Pro MOBO 3 of this chipset motherboard for me The MOBO looks tiny in gold color but I do not see any boardmaker names stated anywhere in the board But I do see chip name with TX-Pro 3 MOBO TX-ProIII everywhere on the board I am trying to overclock this machine but not knowning what s the spec of the MOBO is hard I am current have a AMD K cpu in it not K - just K and the bios is award There is no option for me to change the bus TX-Pro 3 MOBO rate in the bios Other hints The mouse connector is huge it s not a PS type The keyboard is not a PS type either This board do not have AGP Have about - PCI slots The board is very tiny Probably about the size of A- paper I suspect the board made by PCChips It has SDram slots and alternatively also support other kind of ram shorter not sure what it is I owned this machine years ago when AMD is still powerful Please advise EQ nbsp

Relevancy 26.66%

Hello, I have just bought an AMD Quad Core 9750 and a new mobo (Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Socket AM2+/ AMD 780G/ DDR2-1066/ A&V&GbE/ ATX Motherboard). I want to know if everything will go together seamlessly. Gigabyte said the mobo was compatible with the processor but do i need to know something else such as new BIOS or something? I am running windows Vista 32bit and have 3gb of ram. My psu is a Silencer 420watt *460 max*. Is there enough power since the cpu is 125 watts? Am I leaving a crucial bit of information out so you cannot answer my question? LOL I'm so anxious because my last cpu i bought didnt work i.e. no screen images. Thank you for your help.

A:New CPU and Mobo - What to know?

What about your vga? What specs are on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-and-mobo-what-to-know.124997/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone,
I curently have an Asus p4p800 with a pentium 4 3.2 Prescott. I also have a Intel d865PERL. Should i replace my asus mobo with the Intel? Which one is the better one?

Thanks in advanced

A:Which mobo is better

I have Intel D865PERL with 2,4C Pentium 4. It works fine,but i think that you shouldn't replace your maniboard. Intel D865PERL dont have capatibility for overclock.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-mobo-is-better.20189/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello all!

I'm looking for the best AM2 mobo that won't burn a hole in my pocket (less than 110$).

I need it to:
Be ok with DDR2 800 1.8V ram.
Be ok with Athlon64 X2 3800+.
Be ok with 1 IDE (2 devices) (2 IDEs would be nice, but not needed).
Be ok with atleast 1 sata version 1.
Be ok with a PCI Express x16 gfx card (SLI not needed, I dont have any SLI cards anyways).

And, ofcourse, be reliable.

I've looked and looked, but many boards have many problems and I am confused at where to look (one has to update the bios but provides a bios with a typo? wtf?)

A:AM2 Mobo

All Socket AM2 Mobo come with DDR2 800 ram (just to let you know). I would look on newegg.com if you live in the US for one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am2-mobo.59166/
Relevancy 26.66%

I want a new AMD supporting mobo but my friend, who majors in hardware engineering says its really hard to set it up. Is this true? What will I need to know to set up a new mobo to work with my current hardware

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Guys ! + Gals ! Going 2 buy or upgrade my RAM. Got 512mb of SDRAM 133mhz now+ like to get best ram 4 puter. Thinkn KINGSTON DDR 512 ? Think puters mobo can only handle 266mhz. Any thoughts or hints ? Thx ALL Dean

Relevancy 26.66%

Is my mobo gone added beep count please help Hello and good day My computer is a pentium with megs of ram running windows xp with all service packs installed I unplugged everything and was working on another computer that I had to install software on unplugged power monitor keyboard mouse and cable modem cable and swapped over to other pc I then worked on the other pc to install a bunch of software I then swapped all of the stuff back to the first computer which was working fine and then when I turn it on now BEEP BEEP BEEP sounds like when a keyboard is unplugged sort of And the monitor looks like it is turned off or on standby and there is no text Tried it a bunch of times and it is the same If anyone can point me my ? gone Is mobo in a direction to check out I would appreciate it Power must be getting to the mobo or it would not beep Thanks I have not seen this happen before hard drive crashes and such I have seen but not this If you need more info let me know and I Is my mobo gone ? will open it up and find out what it has nbsp

A:Is my mobo gone ?

Make sure the mouse and keyboard are in the correct ports. I once literally swapped RAM around unplugged everything several times and was considering switching out power supplies all because the computer wouldn't boot because the keyboard and mouse were swapped.
Sometimes the easy answers go unnoticed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-mobo-gone.31554/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey guys let me start off by a quick introduction Names Flynn come from alaska where hardware is inflated so badly we are forced to seek out newegg or tigerdirect practically always unless your some airhead who thinks bestbuy is the best option for a help Mobo computer And I seek the knowledges about hardwares more so the kind you put in your computer without it failing Very hard on the first boot Heres my inquiry I am building a new AM balanced mostly gaming though system I will be doing some heavy gaming via Eve-online Bad company starcraft and games of new era that my old athlon just cant do anymore not even if i put gigs of good ol DDR in it Edited completely TLR my system im building Fan Hyper N G Skill ddr Mobo help AM P X black edition W you knew the wattage already im sure ASUS M A XTD - Issues ranging from a missing capacitor causing the on off button to be a reboot button later found it to be very self destructive completely wiping bios hard drives and corrupting driver updates OS s so I threw that away and i will never look back on it looked at this for about dollars more than the above Foxconn A AX no reviews at all my dad recently got a I machine on a foxconn mobo turns out the chipset in it for his line of CPUs is bad an intel issue regarding the northbridge its doin it on all the mobos with the NB chip so i didnt let the Mobo help brand name disqualify this new name atleast new to me people are saying Foxconn is a real real cheap as in rd party cheap compared to Asus but ive seen variations of the above part number M A XTD where the is and another one i cannot remember the biggest thing with them seems to be they are completely self destructive on the Bios OS and hard drive some have missing links in the board causing them to have an I O that reboots instead of powering on and off others featuring very very bad audio also if its got bad audio does a USB headset fix that or do i need some sort of USB PCI sound card anyways I want to order this friday all the high end games this machine is running listed above have just ran this machine into the ground I feel bad for it even so I ask can someone seriously help me pick the right motherboard im hoping under around beggers cant be choosers though if i have to magically find some extra money to buy a board then so it ll be however if its gonna be a mobo i wouldn t be here asking for help thanks in advance and sorry for explaining some things you the techs already knew about lol and or repeated --Fly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-help.979813/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm trying to build a cpu from scratch for my son, I need something to pair up with a Sata Hard Drive and a 7800gt 256mb DDR3 video card. I can spend exactly 200 US$ and need some recomendations, the PC will be used for gaming and was thinking of 2gb ram 800fsb which is around $80 which leaves me with 120 dolla for cpu and mobo. Im planing on going with AMD CPU but I still need a good, powerfull and cheap mobo... what are your recommendations?

10x in advance!

A:Need CPU, Mobo and Ram

You are in Central America? If you had $400 you might have better luck with this task... Check around locally. Someone might have a complete system available for your $200, that you can part-out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-cpu-mobo-and-ram.85570/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am trying to hook up a server we could not get any of our mobo's to POST just power up. he brought over his server of similar stats to test the hardware and when we put one of my ram sticks in now his is doing the same thing. there is no apparent damage no burns or blown capasitors nor does the ram seem damaged. However the computer is now displaying the same symptoms as the others powers on but we get no info on the monitor. We have tried clearing the CMOS but still nothing.
We really need help here at first we thought my 4 mobo's were bad as they are old and havnt been used in several years, but then his went down and even though he volunteered I feel bad he is down a server.

A:Can RAM fry a mobo?

Hello

Yes Incompatible memory Chips can fry the motherboard-

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-ram-fry-a-mobo.132443/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm building a computer right now for my apartment. It's got an ASUS A8V Deluxe Mobo, AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 939 Pin, 1.5GB Kingston PC3200 RAM, 200GB SATA HD, and so on.. All the parts are brand new, PSU is MGE Vigor 450 Watt. I am not sure if I didn't hook the speaker up right to it or not. But when I power it on there are no POST Beeps. Any ideas?

A:Mobo or PSU??

So what exactly happens, do any lights come on? Do the fans spin?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-or-psu.24273/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have my wish list computer and I was wondering if this mobo http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E is better than the one I currently have in my wish list Here is my current setup XION XION Solaris XON- Silver Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail Model XON- Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Update ASUS M V Socket AM VIA K T ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail Model M V Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Out Of Stock ETA AM Auto-Notify Update XFX PVT GUQL GeForce GT MB GDDR PCI Express x Video Card - Retail Model PVT GUQL Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail-in Rebate Update Thermaltake TR W RUC ATX W Power Supply - Retail Model W RUC Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail-in Rebate Update AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz Socket AM Processor Model ADA CUBOX - this mobo How's Retail Model ADA CUBOX Item N E Return Policy Processors CPUs Return Policy In Stock Update pqi POWER Series GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model MAB GUOE-X - Retail Model MAB GUOE-X Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Update Western Digital Caviar SE WD KS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive How's this mobo - OEM Model WD KS Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Update Hanns G HW- DPB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail Model HW- DPB Item N E Return Policy Limited Non-Refundable -Day Return Policy In Stock - Instant Update NEC X DVD R DVD Burner Black IDE ATAPI Model ND- A - OEM Model ND- A BK OEM Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Out Of Stock ETA PM Auto-Notify Subtotal nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hows-this-mobo.524365/
Relevancy 26.66%

I spent the best part os a day today taking an old pentium ish case in pretty much AT form factor or CPU, it Is the the mobo? and hacking it into an appropriate shape to take a full ATX mobo with hardrives power supply and cd roms rw s I did this to make use of the old hardware I have lying around to try to make a ghz machine on the cheap to replace a friends PII Mhz I know he hard drive was good as was the RAM I used through a selection of Is it the CPU, or the mobo? legacy graphics cards I know one of them was good being the one I ve put back into the rig Is it the CPU, or the mobo? I m on now and I know the mouse and keyboard and power supply were good What I m not sure about is the Asrock K VT mobo which worked on last use but has been handled a fair bit since and the AMD Duron Ghz which was fine on last use but has been rattleing around in a draw full of papers and associated stuff for the last months On booting the machine the CPU Fan spins and you can hear the HDD spin up and read but then all is quiet except for the CPU fan which continues to run There is no Beep from the system speaker though I don t know for sure that the system speaker is good but it s a fair bet it is and most importantly the monitor is not switched on from standby at all there s not a trace of graphics being produced from either the AGP or PCI slots depending on card used I m doing it on the cheap because I m completely skint atm and so I m hoping with this thorough explanation that someone might be able to tell me which piece of hardware is the one that needs replacing or what may otherwise be wrong nbsp

A:Is it the CPU, or the mobo?

Hello Spike.

Probably the mobo is bad. My girlfriends system was exactly the same I.E hdd, fans, including the cpu fan all working as was the opticle drives,and video card, but no signal to the monitor. turned out to be a dead mobo also an Asrock K7S41GX.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-the-cpu-or-the-mobo.24214/