Windows Support Forum

Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help"

Q: Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help"

Catchy title I ll get to it Its at the end of my autobiography below Recently while playing Oblivion my pc has been displaying the blue-screen-of-death Sadly there is nothing written on the blue-screen-of-death Its only an empty blue screen It just turns blue after about minutes of playing and I just restart my pc Microsoft Apparantly "Needs My Help" It didn t always used to be like this though I used to play Oblivion a lot - hours at a time Until one day after a couple of hours of playing I got the BSoD The first thing that came to mind were those hundreds of ffdshow audio icons that appear in the Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help" system tray when exiting Oblivion if you ve played oblivion and watched movies on the same pc you know what I m talking about So following the advice of a FAQ on the offical Oblivion site I configured ffdshow not to open with Oblivion Then it truly began Everytime I would play Oblivion for Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help" more than half an hour the audio would start messing up and then eventually I would get the BSoD The first thing I did was re-install the audio drivers graphics card drivers and even ffdshow No help I had already purchased a new Watt PSU for soon-to-come upgrades I hope to replace my Watt one So I put that in its in now and no help Upon restarting my computer after one of those BSoDs Windows informed me as it usually does afterwards that it has recovered from a serious error This time I decided to submit the error report Internet explorer opened and took me to a webpage informing me the Microsoft was aware of this error and they needed more people to give them full memory dumps to help them analyze it However they needed the full dumps and I only had minidumps so I couldn t help them out at least until I reproduce the error and get a full dump Anyway you now know the story of my life so can you help me out I don t think my problem is on the top of Microsofts to-do list You may wonder why I haven t posted this in some sort of Oblivion forum and I ll tell you I got the BSoD once while playing FEAR I was playing many games to test out the new Watt PSU and I played Doom Half-Life FEAR Quake and the Chronicles of Riddick all day long I got the BSoD when exiting FEAR I haven t been able to reproduce the BSoD for FEAR since For this reason I don t think this is strictly an Oblivion problem and this place is the most helpfull among the many forums I have seen the Oblivion forum is full of annoyed and annoying people Here is the error I get upon restarting if anyone can decipher it BCCode a BCP BCP C BCP BCP FF OSVer SP Product And here are my specs - Pentium D Processor with Dual Core Technology GHz FSB - GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz- DIMMs - GB Serial ATA Hard Drive RPM w DataBurst Cache - MB PCI Express x DVI VGA TV-out ATI Radeon X SE HyperMemory - Sound Blaster Audigy ZS D Card w Dolby and IEEE - FSP PSU AX -PN W RT nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help"

Your problem IS with ffdshow.

ffdshow is much more than just a simple movie viewer... it also replaces several windows media format CODEC's with it's own versions of these.

Most games use several Win XP CODEC's, which in your case, have now been overwritten by beta, open source, untested or unsupported CODEC's. Oblivion, for example, uses the Windows CODEC For MPG2 video streams. Users of both ffdshow, DVD X-Copy Platinum and dozens of other 3rd party packages have been experiencing this problem as these packages replace the supported, tested Win XP CODEC's with their own.

My best advice to you would be to try removing all unneccessary 3rd party applications that have replace XP CODEC's, or try various 3rd party CODEC downloads with your fingers crossed one will yield the same compatibility as the stock Windows XP versions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apparantly-microsoft-needs-my-help.49135/
Relevancy 84.71%

I am hoping that someone can help me with what may be a complex question I have a spreadsheet similar Microsoft Solved: Values On Excel 2007 Spots Cell "Hot" Creating And "Cold" In Based to the demonstration file I have attached In it there are a range of columns One set of columns A - Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007 D shows a list of numbers that are references to items in a store and it also shows their location in the store so it acts as a floor-plan The next column E lists those items again to show the dollar amount that those items have produced in total sales F So what I d like to do is to add a conditional formatting to show me the quot cold quot and quot hot quot spots on the floor-plan so I can see where sales are most concentrated I would assume that this would be done with a colour scale using the range of values in column F to work itself out Either way the figures in column F would change Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007 weekly so the relevant cells in columns A - D would need to automatically change when Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007 they re matching cells in column E - F change I hope this makes sense as it s difficult to explain but any help that someone could provide would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creating-cell-cold-and-hot-spots-based-on-values-in-microsoft-excel-2007.929647/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello

how can I delete "saved password" and "form data" of microsoft
edge manually ?!

after too much search in google ....

I trid to delete some value of the following registry address
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\

also I tried to delete some files in the following folder
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

and finally I could not find the way ...!!!

please help !

A:delete "saved password" and "form data" from microsoft edge manually

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, go to settings (... dots from top right), click view Advanced settings and "Manage Saved Passwords".
HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/35630-delete-saved-password-form-data-microsoft-edge-manually.html
Relevancy 82.99%

In Word and Excel, when you type "2000", the program automatically changes it to "2001". I have tried changing the regional date system to .../yyyy, with no avail. I have many workstations, and this is the only one with the problem. I also tried re-installing the program, but nothing seems to work.

Relevancy 81.7%

Hello everyone, I'm new on here so I apologize if someone has brought this up, but does Microsoft have any plans to update Edge to where it can "Save as" or simply "Open" a file rather than just downloading everything to the Downloads folder? I wonder why they left it out; seems like a basic function to input. Thanks!

A:Microsoft Edge: "Save as" or "Open" features

It'll come as many have requested this. Wait for updates.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/377253-microsoft-edge-save-open-features.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi

Is it possible to start the app without "Security Worning" window ("Cancel. Open, More Info" buttons)? If yes, how you can make changes then?

Is it possible to start the app without "Microsoft Access" window on the background?

Thanks,
Barbos

A:Solved: Access 2003 - To start the app w/o "Security Warning" and "Microsoft Access"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2003-to-start-the-app-w-o-security-warning-and-microsoft-access.837401/
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi guys first off I haven t been here for help in years literally this was the first place I thought of because a few years ago many generous people helped me solve my problem this place is awesome Please pardon me as I am only decently literate with computers but try my best Ok I am trying to solve an annoying problem for my parent s computer My dad was typing a normal document in Microsoft Word OS is XP with System Pack and it is Word and he said that just yesterday for the first time after typing for maybe a half hour a window would pop up with a quot runtime error quot and it would freeze untill he clicked ok on it and it would then shut down loosing all his work that he didn t save So I got on the computer and opened Microsoft Word and was able to duplicate the problem time after time but not every single time When I simply open word then click to close Word the box appears and he verified it is the same box he saw It says exactly as follows no more no less and every time reads the same - Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE abnormal program termination So I tried to research it and came across a fix on Microsoft s support site saying remove something called COM Add-ins I did so by following each step removing the one COM add in i found and it did not resolve the problem at all It still errors out SO I grabbed the master disk and uninstalled Microsoft Word NOT the whole Office set just Word and re-installed it figuring that would definitely fix it for him nope Today I got a phone call at work that it is doing it again So when I checked his computer it is erroring again for me just as it did last night Arghh I hope I provided enough information Please let me know if any more is needed I almost forgot to add that I updated and ran Full System scans of Norton and Spybot and found nothing Thanks a ton ahead of time for your help guys Mike nbsp

A:Solved: Microsoft Word keeps throwing up "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" Error, Arghh!

First, welcome back!!! (although, vaguely, it's like seeing your cousin after many years at a funeral...nice to see you, sorry about the circumstances....)
Well, this isn't fun - the more I looked, the more "answers" and causes I found...
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Microsoft-Word-1058/Microsoft-Word-29.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835404
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555220
(I think you probably did what the above is about - COM add-ins)
and two that seem similar, but aren't the same (good ol' MS!)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259413/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us

Good luck and let us know if you get this fixed - and what did it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-word-keeps-throwing-up-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error-arghh.685900/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Microsoft easy fix solutions can help diagnose and resolve issues for Microsoft products or third-party software that affects Microsoft products. Microsoft easy fix solutions are usually found in Knowledge Base articles or other Microsoft support content. Clicking the Download button will download a Microsoft easy fix solution that can help you deal with software issues automatically.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970908
Note .diagcab solutions are for Windows 7 and later versions of Windows only. Windows Vista and Windows XP cannot run .diagcab solutions.
(With acknowledgement to Corrine for posting here http://www.landzdown.com/computer-problems-questions-and-solutions!/microsoft-fix-it-for-me-now!/msg187945/#msg187945 )

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19988707
Relevancy 76.11%

The subject message pops up any time I attempt to open my IE8 browser using Windows XP and set to my home page "ATT.Yahoo". When I click "OK" in the message, IE closes and tries to recover, but with the same results each time. I know
there is a method to reset IE9, but can't tell if it also pertains to IE8 since it can't be opened.

A:"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" "Runtime Error! Program: C:Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Hi,
the first step in troubleshooting IE issues is to test in noAddons Mode.
toolbars.google.com - download and install the latest IE compatible version of the Google Toolbar.
for consumer help with IE select the Help>Online Support menu from IE and follow the prompts for your windows and IE versions. thx.Rob^_^

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/809daad7-a7a3-4520-9af0-959d69ac8cb8/quotmicrosoft-visual-c-runtime-libraryquot-quotruntime-error-program-cprogram?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I installed the update from the disk in the hopes it would repair some issues I was having(which I have repaired by other means since). After installing the upgrade, besides not solving my initial problems...it caused a lot of other problems...one in particular was I lost my internet connection. I called my provider for help and they gave me phone # to Msoft for free SP2 help. After about an hour with a tech on the phone...he put me on hold for a few minutes to consult some other "experts". Came back and said..."uninstall SP2!"

It appears that Msoft has "rushed out this upgrade"...it needs reworking!!

Relevancy 72.67%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Looking for insight advice re KB According to Infoworld it was quot Optional quot in May but I was not offered it then This KB3054476 "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" offered as week it was offered as quot Important quot and quot Recommended quot but only for one of my Win boxes I have read the MS KB article as well as THIS FORUM THREAD the latter of which includes a report of a BSOD due to this particular update However there isn't much out on the web about it And most of the discussion about it is overly technical for me And I am confused as to why it was previously offered as quot Optional quot but now is quot Important quot KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" or quot Recommended quot I don't think I quot need quot it as I have no webcam on this box And I don't like KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" to tempt fate by fixing things that are not broken So questions Is it safe to install Is it really necessary important Or would I be OK to hide it Thanks very much in advance

A:KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional"

The status of updates changes with circumstances.
If an update isn't relevant, it won't be offered at all.
If however it's relevant but the related software is not apparently in use, it may be 'optional' - and gravitate to 'Recommended' or 'Important' if the related software is in use.
It can also be promoted through the hierarchy by MS depending on feedback through WU and error-trapped feedback.

If you have (and use) a webcam, then it's probably best to install the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372782-kb3054476-offered-important-recommended-optional.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 72.67%

OK As I said I am new Hope this info is the way you need it MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME amp HELP Check out the following HHEELLLPPP Logfile of HijackThis / THREAD "Context3.kanoodle" "xlime", "xads", NEW v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Frank M Gazzo Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract A... Read more

A:NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi

how to create a folder ?

right click anywhere in your desktop
click new,a tab opens ,click folder ,name it hjtantivirus .

download again hijackthis and install it in the new created folder .

your hjt is here now
C:\Documents and Settings\Frank M. Gazzo\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

it will not work properly if it stays there .

and don t create a new thread ,keep only one thread .this one ,now .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-thread-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23803.html
Relevancy 72.24%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Guys, any ideas how to access my external hard drive [TOSHIBA MK3029GACE] device manager can see it but it does not appear in disc management.

I use this HDD perfectly in my car HDD player. But when I try to connect it to my Laptop, it does not show up in disk management.

Please check the attached screen shot..

Thanks for the help....

A:HDD shows in "Device Manager" but not in "DiskPart"or" Disk Management

Specs show that drive has a ATA-6 interface (P-ATA, or IDE). How are you connecting this drive to your laptop? Does the laptop have a PATA or SATA connection? Does it use an adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347111-hdd-shows-device-manager-but-not-diskpart-disk-management.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone
I have this problem for more than 3 months for now...

The INSTRUCTION AT "0x00a96ce0"referenced memory at "000000000" couldn't be written".

That's always what i get when i restart my computer,just before screen goes dark.
I believe that it has to do something with Microsoft updates.The reason i believe this, is that i once reinstalled my PC and didn't have any problem until i didn't update my PC.
And i posted here that thinking my problem was solved but unfortunately i was wrong.

Please if you have any tips on this one let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/0x00a96ce0-referenced-memory-at-000000000-couldnt-be-written.662744/
Relevancy 70.09%

One feature I really liked in XP was the ability to look in a folder through My Computer and sort the files by extension. For example if I wanted to get all .jpg files to one side of the folder as I looked for a file, I could click View, Arrange Icons By, Type and make that happen. I don't see that feature in Windows 7. I'm using W7Pro and can't find that or a similar feature anywhere. Is it here and I just haven't found it? TIA

A:Where is "VIEW", "ARRANGE ICONS BY", "TYPE"

open a window ,click organise/layout /menubar.
then when you click view in the menu bar group by is in the list

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/226740-where-view-arrange-icons-type.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi - I have a thinkpad x61t. When it's in the docking station, whenever I press "shift" "alt" or "ctrl" a little pop up window tells me that key is being pressed. The laptop does not do this when it's out of the docking station. I've looked all over the control panel in vista and can't find any setting.

Any ideas how to switch it off? Driving me nuts! Thanks.

A:"shift", "alt", "ctrl" appear onscreen when pressed (see pic)

You mentioned that you have looked in the Control Panel so this may be something you tried already:

Control Panel - Ease of Access Center - Make the keyboard eaiser use - uncheck 'Turn on sticky keys'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shift-alt-ctrl-appear-onscreen-when-pressed-see-pic.689806/
Relevancy 70.09%

OK I'm looking for some help getting rid of theses creeps I have tried several "xads", (I'm w/ help "xlime", here) new "Context3.kanoodle" programs including Spybot Spyblaster Lavasoft Mcafee etc etc with no luck I'm new to HijackThis but here we go Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SIZE Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn (I'm new here) help w/ "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE G HijackThis exe G HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch (I'm new here) help w/ "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main (I'm new here) help w/ "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO no name - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtrac... Read more

A:(I'm new here) help w/ "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi pdx

please download the new hijackthis from here
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

and install it in it s own folder like this :

C:\hjtantivirus\hijackthis.exe

scan again with the new hjt and post a new log .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/im-new-here-help-w-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23799.html
Relevancy 70.09%

How do I change the font of "Welcome", "Logging Off" and "Shutting down"? Is it hard coded in a uifile? Which file are the words in? Is the file written in XML?? John

A:Change font of "Welcome", "Logging Off" and "Shutting down"?

Quote: Originally Posted by RBCC

How do I change the font of "Welcome", "Logging Off" and "Shutting down"? Is it hard coded in a uifile? Which file are the words in? Is the file written in XML?? John

I am not sure you can change the fonts though if you wish you can change the text from "Shutting Down" to "Bye Bye" or so, by editing, winlogon.exe.mui.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/162037-change-font-welcome-logging-off-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey guys This morning I got a really strange error code When I tryed to update Steam on my PC this error message cannot "0" memory referenced "read". be The at "0" instruction at popped up quot The instruction at quot x quot referenced memory at quot x d quot The memory could not be quot read quot Click OK to terminate the program Lately I have nt been able to install WoW either I install The instruction at "0" referenced memory at "0" cannot be "read". it all the way to and then when I try to launch it I obviously have to re-download all the patches but it prompts me that I have to install it again even though it is all there Tryed downloading the full game digitally off of wow-europe com too I click run to get it started nothing happens and then this message pops up quot The instruction at quot x quot referenced memory at quot x f quot The memory could not be quot read quot Click OK to terminate the program I don t know what s up with it My freind told me to run a CHKDSK R to see if there was anything wrong with my drive and it ran smoothly although I must say it took about an hour or so So that was complete tryed to do it again and I still kept getting these error messages But I saw something on my desktop that wasn t there previously It is an error log Here is the error log An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION xc at pc x d ecb d pid tid Java VM Java HotSpot TM Client VM -b mixed mode sharing windows-x Problematic frame C x d ecb d If you would like to submit a bug report please visit http java sun com webapps bugreport crash jsp The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code See problematic frame for where to report the bug --------------- T H R E A D --------------- Current thread x JavaThread quot Headspace mixer frame proc thread quot daemon thread in native id stack x d x d siginfo ExceptionCode xc reading address x d ecb d Registers EAX x df EBX x d a ECX x EDX x d ecb d ESP x d f f EBP x d f ESI x EDI x d a a EIP x d ecb d EFLAGS x Top of Stack sp x d f f x d f f d ac d a a x d f x d f d a a af af x d f b x d f f d b x d f d a x d f d f x d f d e c Instructions pc x d ecb d x d ecb d error occurred during error reporting printing registers top of stack instructions near pc id xc Stack x d x d sp x d f f free space k Native frames J compiled Java code j interpreted Vv VM code C native code C x d ecb d Java frames J compiled Java code j interpreted Vv VM code j com sun media sound MixerThread runNative J V j com sun media sound MixerThread run V v StubRoutines call stub --------------- P R O C E S S --------------- Java Threads gt current thread gt x JavaThread quot Headspace mixer frame proc thread quot daemon thread in native id stack x d x d x JavaThread quot Java Sound Event Dispatcher quot daemon thread blocked id stack x d b x d x a JavaThread quot Java Sound Event Dispatcher quot daemon thread blocked id stack x d x d a x c JavaThread quot Java Sound Event Dispatcher quot daemon thread blocked id stack x cdd x ce x a c JavaThread quot thread applet-vmain class- quot thread blocked id stack x cd x cd x a JavaThread quot thread applet-vmain class- quot thread blocked id stack x cce x cd x fc JavaThread quot thread applet-vmain class- quot thread in native id stack x cc x cce x JavaThread quot Image Fetcher quot daemon thread blocked id stack x f x x JavaThread quot AWT-EventQueue- quot thread blocked id stack x x x c JavaThread quot Applet LiveConnect Worker Thread quot thread blocked id stack x x a x ec JavaThread quot AWT-EventQueue- quot thread blocked id stack x a x f x d JavaThread quot Applet LiveConnect Worker Thread quot thread blocked id stack x x x b JavaThread quot AWT-EventQueue- quot thread blocked id stack x x x ac JavaThread quot Applet LiveConnect Worker Thread quot thread blocked id stack x b x x JavaThread quot Browser Side Object Cleanup Thread quot thread block... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-instruction-at-0-referenced-memory-at-0-cannot-be-read.935876/
Relevancy 70.09%

hi i m new here nice to meet all of you just like a lot of folks i m sure i ve come here because there are some weird things running on and "winsilly" disk" "win956temp" "windows no my pc that shouldnt be in there please help heres the hijack log thanks in advance i don t know much about this computer virus stuff eric Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v "windows no disk" and "winsilly" "win956temp" SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System "windows no disk" and "winsilly" "win956temp" ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update "windows no disk" and "winsilly" "win956temp" OB realsched exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU VERIZO EXE C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files Common Files Verizon Online ConnMgr cmisrv exe C Program Files Windows Media Components Encoder Wmencagt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C Program Files Common Files Verizon Online AppMgr vzOpenUIServer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files MotiveBrowser MotiveBrowser exe C Documents and Settings Wave Computer Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http lvboard arcynic net index php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO no name - B F FDF- - BF-B D- F C FE - C WINDOWS system admparsek dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO no name - A F C C- A - DB - AF -B E D - C WINDOWS compstuih dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run A Verizon App C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU VERIZO EXE O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run googletalk quot C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe quot autostart O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Pro... Read more

Relevancy 70.09%

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, my computer has been infected with a particularly virulent, or relatively new, virus (for which I am currently awaiting help on the Malware removal sub-forum). I wanted to ask, though, if anyone else has had to deal with this particular Trojan before because, from what I have been able to find out, it (i.e. Trojan_Win32.Generic, or "TidyNetwork.com") doesn't seem to have a remedy as of yet. I've checked just about every virus database I could and have come up empty handed every time. What's more, I've downloaded and ran half a dozen different top-shelf Anti-virus' scans and removal programs, only to end up disappointed.

Does anyone know what the deal with this thing is?

Best,

John

A:"Trojan_Win32.Generic" a.k.a. "TidyNetwork.com" & "Strongvault"

Please do not start another thread for the same issue.

I'm sure someone will be along to help you in your other thread soon.

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan_win32-generic-a-k-a-tidynetwork-com-strongvault.1086819/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there,

I recently migrated my OS to an SSD using Samsung's included migration software. After the migration, everything worked great except that I now have the "thinking" mouse cursor permanently, starting about 15 seconds after startup.

I stopped all services and the spinning wheel went away, so I narrowed it down to one of those (and further to one of the many "Microsoft" services), but I can't for the life of me figure out which one. Is there a way to repair them all without doing a full windows reinstall? Or, is there another option I'm not aware of?

Appreciate any help/advice!

A:Microsoft Service Causing Permanent "Spinning Wheel" Cursor

disable one service at a time until the circle goes away, it may take a while but you will get tere in the end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/378263-microsoft-service-causing-permanent-spinning-wheel-cursor.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I use McAfee Antivirus Plus software and I ve Centre virus Microsoft Action a "Win32/small.CA" Reported never had a virus before Went away for an hour and came back to see that my Microsoft Action Centre was telling me to quot Remove the Win Small CA virus I ran a McAfee scan and didn t find anything I also tried using Malwarebytes and no luck Today I tried using McAfee s Stinger but again no results I m hoping you can help me as I m not sure if I m infected or not The only thing I notice that s a bit different is that my Microsoft Action Centre Reported a "Win32/small.CA" virus internet browser Mozilla Firefox is freezing more than usual Please find my logs below and Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Microsoft Action Centre Reported a "Win32/small.CA" virus Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Microsoft Action Centre Reported a "Win32/small.CA" virus SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x ViiKiiDesktopPlugin ViiKiiDesktopPlugin exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player DDMService exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services APSDaemon exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Tiffany Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPCON R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO MSS Identifier - E A AD- D - EB- D D- EF A - C Program Files McAfee Security Scan McAfeeMSS IE dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O... Read more

A:Microsoft Action Centre Reported a "Win32/small.CA" virus

UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG.
IF REQUESTED, ZIP IT UP & ATTACH IT
DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Install Date: 15/09/2010 1:21:54 AM
System Uptime: 14/11/2013 7:30:29 PM (1 hours ago)
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard | | 1440
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor | Socket S1G4 | 2300/200mhz
==== Disk Partitions =========================
C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 444 GiB total, 373.98 GiB free.
D: is FIXED (NTFS) - 21 GiB total, 3.059 GiB free.
E: is FIXED (FAT32) - 0 GiB total, 0.087 GiB free.
F: is CDROM ()
==== Disabled Device Manager Items =============
Class GUID: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Description: avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport
Device ID: ROOT\SW_ASWNDISMP\0000
Manufacturer: ALWIL Software
Name: avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport
PNP Device ID: ROOT\SW_ASWNDISMP\0000
Service: aswNdis
==== System Restore Points ===================
RP352: 16/10/2013 10:32:04 PM - Windows Update
RP353: 21/10/2013 7:35:15 PM - Installed Java 7 Update 45
RP354: 28/10/2013 9:42:35 PM - Installed Rapport
RP355: 10/11/2013 6:42:37 PM - Scheduled Checkpoint
RP356: 13/11/2013 11:35:41 PM - Windows Update
==== Installed Programs ======================
Update for Microsoft Office 2007 (KB2508958)
Acrobat.com
Adobe AIR
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin
Adobe Reader 9.5.5 MUI
Adobe Shockwave Player
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.0
Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile
Apple Application Support
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Software Update
Atheros Driver Installation Program
ATI Catalyst Install Manager
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
Bing Bar
BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0
BlackBerry Device Software Updater
Blackhawk Striker 2
Blasterball 3
Bonjour
Bus Driver
Catalyst Control Center - Branding
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Vista
Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy
Catalyst Control Center Localization All
ccc-core-static
ccc-utility64
CCC Help Chinese Standard
CCC Help Chinese Traditional
CCC Help Czech
CCC Help Danish
CCC Help Dutch
CCC Help English
CCC Help Finnish
CCC Help French
CCC Help German
CCC Help Greek
CCC Help Hungarian
CCC Help Italian
CCC Help Japanese
CCC Help Korean
CCC Help Norwegian
CCC Help Polish
CCC Help Portuguese
CCC Help Russian
CCC Help Spanish
CCC Help Swedish
CCC Help Thai
CCC Help Turkish
Chuzzle Deluxe
Cisco EAP-FAST Module
Cisco LEAP Module
Cisco PEAP Module
Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system
CyberLink DVD Suite
D3DX10
DivX Setup
Dora's Carnival Adventure
DVD Menu Pack for HP MediaSmart Video
Escape Rosecliff Island
ESU for Microsoft Windows 7
Faerie Solitaire
FATE
Google Chrome
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Google Update Helper
HP 3D DriveGuard
HP Advisor
HP Customer Experience Enhancements
HP DVB-T TV Tuner 8.0.64.43
HP Games
HP MediaSmart DVD
HP MediaSmart Internet TV
HP MediaSmart Movies and TV
HP MediaSmart Music
HP MediaSmart Photo
HP MediaSmart SmartMenu
HP MediaSmart Video
HP MediaSmart Webcam
HP Power Plan Utility
HP Quick Launch
HP QuickWeb Installer
HP Setup
HP Software Framework
HP Support Assistant
HP Tone Control
HP Update
HP User Guides 0193
HP Wireless Assistant
iCloud
IDT Audio
iTunes
Java 7 Update 45
Java Auto Updater
Java(TM) 6 Update 17 (64-bit)
Jewel Quest 3
Junk Mail filter update
LabelPrint
LightScribe System Software
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300
McAfee AntiVirus Plus
McAfee Security Scan Plus
Mesh Runtime
Messenger Companion
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
Microsoft Application Error Reporting
Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (French) 2007
Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
Microsoft Office Live Add-in 1.5
Microsoft Office Office 64-bit Components 2007
Microsoft Office OneNote MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office On... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-action-centre-reported-a-win32-small-ca-virus.1113027/
Relevancy 69.66%

My operating system is Vista and I have been using Microsoft office amp Document Imaging amp for OCR and passing the text to Word Recently it has been exhibiting strange behavior When I try to send the text to Word amp Send text to Word amp amp Document Imagining amp gives an error message amp Server Busy This action cannot be completed because the amp document - Microsoft Word amp program is not responding amp OCR Imaging" Solved: problem Word Microsoft with software "Document amp However an empty Word document window appears anyway When I minimize the empty Word document window a small dialog box appears asking me amp Do you want to convert from list of Solved: Microsoft Word problem with "Document Imaging" OCR software file formats to Word amp If I select HTML the text appears in Word Sometimes the Word amp Document Imaging amp programs hang up completely in which case I have Solved: Microsoft Word problem with "Document Imaging" OCR software to go to amp Task Manager amp to get out of the predicament I have uninstalled and re-installed amp Microsoft Office amp with no success in solving the problem However if I I implement quot Document Imaging quot on a different computer also with Vista everything works as expected Can anyone tell me what is going on How can I go directly to Word instead of having Solved: Microsoft Word problem with "Document Imaging" OCR software to convert from HTML How did it get to HTML in the first place nbsp

A:Solved: Microsoft Word problem with "Document Imaging" OCR software

Have you tried going to Word Options ? Check in Advanced under Compatibility and make sure Word 2007 is selected in the "layout this document as if "

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-word-problem-with-document-imaging-ocr-software.819299/
Relevancy 69.66%

This is a fully activated TechNet Office Pro Plus 2010 which is generating this message when trying to save a spreadsheet only, not with Word Doc.

A:microsoft excel "Trial period has expired, request new template"

Strange one, Greg.

Have you tried an Office Repair?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/180026-microsoft-excel-trial-period-has-expired-request-new-template.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I am unable to install windows 7 onto my computer. When going to custom in the installation menu and selecting the partition and then pressing ok/install the following error message comes up:

"setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information."

I have tried deleting the partitions and formatting them and not formating them and many other things.
I have tried the microsoft solution which is to delete the partitions and to just install on that "unallocated space"

What can I do?

Many Thanks

A:Cannot install windows 7 "partition error" microsoft solution not work

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. (If an EFI BIOS you'll need to decide if you want UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS: if UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with, or enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module to proceed with normal install.) Set DVD drive first to boot, HD second, set SATA controller to AHCI, Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into Windows 7 installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10, or enter System Recovery Options to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt.You are creating the partition here for the purpose of marking it Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/291266-cannot-install-windows-7-partition-error-microsoft-solution-not-work.html
Relevancy 69.66%

This is a strange one so I hope somebody can help give me their of "Microsoft Weird set call" monitor and dead issues - crash, opinion My girlfriend's sister was upset the other day when I arrived at her house because she said her HP Pavillion XP computer which is at least or years old crashed and Microsoft called her about a virus I immediately told her to hang up because it was a scam and Microsoft doesn't call people about viruses So then I asked Weird set of issues - crash, "Microsoft call" and dead monitor what happened and she said all of a sudden she got a blue screen and then it shut down on her Like or minutes later she got a phone call saying they were Microsoft and they detected a virus on her computer I went in and checked the error logs and the only thing I could find were several errors involving quot FTsata quot which looks like it's been going on for a little while at least I ran her Avira which was up to date and ran Spybot and no viruses were found She said that Avira's quot Luke Filewalker quot popup came up before the crash but no virus or activity was logged for Avira when I checked I then ran ccleaner to be safe and then rebooted It seemed to start up fine so I left About hours later I came back and her monitor was no longer working also an older HP I turned off the computer with the power switch and powered it back up and the monitor didn't react Just random flashes but the blue power button kept blinking which I found out indicates a problem with the monitor I took it home to try it on my PC and sure enough the monitor is dead This now seems very strange that - she got a blue-screen of death and the computer crashed - she got a call from quot Microsoft quot within minutes saying she had a virus - her monitor died all within a few hours She doesn't want to buy a new computer unless she absolutely has to so she wants to try a cheap used monitor first just to see if the PC still runs I suggested that she at least start with a new monitor but she's now afraid that maybe her PC killed her monitor This may be a stupid question but is that even possible Does any of this make any sense She's afraid her PC still might have issues and plugging in a new monitor may fry the new monitor too Is there any way possible that this can happen I told her that can't happen and this whole thing is just a bunch of weird coincidences but she insists it's got to be all linked somehow and I admit the timing is really unlikely to be just a coincidence Any thought other than the obvious quot get a new PC quot

A:Weird set of issues - crash, "Microsoft call" and dead monitor

Is the power source of the monitor independent? If its power comes from the PSU I'd start looking badly at the PSU. There is no way to damage a monitor through a VGA/DVI cable. It is data-only.

In other cases (more likely), my guess would be that the area where she lives did experience voltage spikes, and while the PSU managed to maybe survive this and protect the PC (of course this caused the crashing), the monitor did not.
The main reason why I always recommend people to get a decent UPS (Uninterruptible power supply). At worst it's the UPS that dies.

I'd call coincidence on the "microsoft" call, that is and has always been a scam. Unless they got up a few notches and start making voltage spikes to then farm people scared by the bluescreens).

As for the BSOD, please follow these instructions and upload the results, so a BSOD analyst can have a look at them and see what did happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296177-weird-set-issues-crash-microsoft-call-dead-monitor.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am trying to resolve a PC problem for a relative. He is running Windows 7 and MS Office 2010. Whenever he fires up Outlook he gets a MsgBox advising him that it is "Configuring Microsoft Office 2010".

If he allows it to run to completion it reboots the PC but reappears when he opens Outlook again it reappears. He can (sort of) circumvent the problem by clicking on the "Red X" in the top right-hand corner of the Configuration MsgBox after EVERY single command. This also happens with Word and Excel.

He has Googled the problem and attempted the KB 2528748 Microsoft Support fix without any joy. He has also tried running CCleaner.

Can anyone offer any ideas as to how he can get round this wretched situation?

TI

A:Problem with repeated "Configuring Microsoft Office 2010" messages.

An update on this and hope for any help . . .

He has tried:Going to My Computer.
On the top menu, clicking "Uninstall or change a program".
Locating Microsoft Office 2010 in the programs list.
Right-clicking it and selecting "Change".
Sadly it goes all the way, says it is "repairing the problem" then gets to the end and says the process was unsuccessful. Where to next?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/382738-problem-repeated-configuring-microsoft-office-2010-messages.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Screenshots are a very handy way to show someone what you can see on your display, but on their own, they only tell part of the story. When you share that screenshot, the chances are you'll still have to explain its relevance - but Microsoft is aiming to streamline this whole process with a new tool from its Office team.

Microsoft Snip is available now as a beta release - and given that this is preview software, you should expect to encounter bugs and issues with it along the way.

Source: Microsoft Snip via The Verge

A:Microsoft launches Snip for Windows, turning screenshots into "show-and-tell"

Snip (Preview) is inspired by the theme of current Windows 10. I am running on Windows 8.1, the default actions are to run on start, and replace the PrintScreen function. It does not affect Alt+PrtScr.

The toolbar sits at the top center of the screen, and drops down with a mouse hover. You can Take a Snip, Open Whiteboard, or Camera, with a smaller icon to access the Library.

There is also an icon in the system tray, with similar options and an Exit. As shown below, I used the Print Screen button which allows for an snip of the screen, with window-detection. A zoomed bubble appears for better accuracy, as such:

Right-click from system tray

Spoiler

Settings for Microsoft Snip (Preview).
New Whiteboard

Spoiler

Toggle the title commands on/off using [...].

Capture of Firefox using window-detection.
New Photo

Spoiler

Select an attached webcam to take a screen capture.

This appeared after closing the New Photo, as my webcam is disabled.

No noticeable drag on performance.

Microsoft Snip is still Preview/BETA.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-launches-snip-for-windows-turning-screenshots-into-show-and-tell.50210/
Relevancy 69.66%

..."Click here to fix this problem"

I don't want Automatic updates and turned them off. Now I want to get rid of this pesky popup...

A:How to disable the Microsoft corner popup about "Automatic Updates is Turned Off"...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-the-microsoft-corner-popup-about-automatic-updates-is-turned-off.466058/
Relevancy 69.66%

I know this issue has been brought up before, but I am unable to solve the problem following the below solution -

Index - Windows Search Service

I am using a Vista Home Premium 64 bit computer, and when I try to do this solution the computer tells me that I am unable to get access to the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows. It says "You don't currently have access to this folder", and when I click "Continue for access" nothing happens.

This problem is plaguing me and I would love to have it resolved.

Thank you for helping.

A:"Microsoft Windows Search Indexer Stopped Working" Issues

Although this is for a file, use it to take ownership of the folder: Take Ownership of file

If other problems occur, then I'd have to wonder if you're infected.
Try this:

Please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/292126-microsoft-windows-search-indexer-stopped-working-issues.html
Relevancy 69.66%

this problem. i run software on .Net. it can't access into database access. and have error. I reinstallded. but unsuccessful. please for i ask. what this error? what did it loss file of system?

A:i want ask error: "The microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0 provider is not registered on the local manchine"

What software are you running in .Net, and what version of Access are you suing ?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/i-want-ask-error-the-microsoft-ace-oledb-12-0-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-local-manchine.4063819/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am trying to resolve a PC problem for a relative. He is running Windows 7 and MS Office 2010. Whenever he fires up Outlook he gets a MsgBox advising him that it is "Configuring Microsoft Office 2010".

If he allows it to run to completion it reboots the PC but reappears when he opens Outlook again it reappears. He can (sort of) circumvent the problem by clicking on the "Red X" in the top right-hand corner of the Configuration MsgBox after EVERY single command. This also happens with Word and Excel.

He has Googled the problem and attempted the KB 2528748 Microsoft Support fix without any joy. He has also tried running CCleaner.

Can anyone offer any ideas as to how he can get round this wretched situation?

TI

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/382738-problem-repeated-configuring-microsoft-office-2010-messages.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi i am new to this I am having this problem with a IE popup this few days What happen is whenever I restart my cpu before I can click on anything else these IE popups will appear A * *** Help popup Warning! IE Internet System Explorer" "* Microsoft needed! * popup appear Window title is quot System Warning Microsoft Internet Explorer quot and quot Warning Help needed! IE popup "* * * *** System Warning! Microsoft Internet Explorer" PC Update - Microsoft Internet Explorer quot I can leave my cpu on and it will keep popping up Can get over of the same windows though I am not browsing in fact not working with my cpu at all Don t know if this is created by the same problem that is when I am bhrowsing with IE I get redirected to http www yupsearch com search php very often I have got Ad-aware installed on my cpu but this time round it is not working to remove my problems completely Tried fixing with Spybot too But still problem of pop up exists Tried installing MSN toolbar hoping this will block popup but it will not work after cpu restarts Attached HijackThis log Hopes this helps you guys to advise me Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files AnalogX NetStat Live nsl exe C WINDOWS system UMonit K exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe C Program Files POP Peeper POPPeeper exe C Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Express SE CalCheck exe C Program Files Network Wireless USB Adapter WlanMonitor exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS System CTSvcCDA EXE C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE D My Installer spyware HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sg yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http searchmiracle com sp php R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - CAEFF - F - -B - D BD ABC - C WINDOWS EliteToolBar EliteToolBar version dll O - HKLM Run NetStat Live C Program Files AnalogX NetStat Live nsl exe O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run Gene USB Monitor C WINDOWS system UMonit K exe O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files ... Read more

A:Help needed! IE popup "* * * *** System Warning! Microsoft Internet Explorer"

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=286363

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-ie-popup-system-warning-microsoft-internet-explorer.286390/
Relevancy 69.66%

I've been banging my head on this one for a couple of days and need some help! Recently I tried to open Word and for the first time since installation,the Wind.installer pops up for a sec or two followed by the error message,"Error 1606" Could not access network location. Not a new error I've learned. I did the usual trouble shooting searches through my favorite resources and confirmed it was going to involve a trip to the registry.Seems simple enough...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

Everything matched up except REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Recent ,so I created it and added it in. No joy!! All following keys were fine in the "Machine" area so.. I would very much appreciate any help on this one. Funny thing,my printer went offline at the same time .Couldn't reinstall that either.Then I remembered their interdependence.Just Realized Where I posted this.Sorry!

A:Microsoft Office Home/Student 2007 "Error 1606"

Quote:

APPLIES TO
Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9
Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft MapPoint 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Money 2005 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Access 2003
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition
Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition
Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition
Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2003 Standard Edition
Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
Microsoft Word 2002
Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft Word 2000

Your version does not follow these guidelines.
You may have to download the latest .NET Framework or Visual Basic runtime environments.
There is a chance you may need to reinstall Windows.

-Edit: Try installing Service Pack 3.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-office-home-student-2007-error-1606-a-385251.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Scrooge McDuck is now in charge of on 'unlimited' reneges 365", for storage ZD promise "Microsoft OneDrive Office Microsoft's consumer cloud division That's not literally true of course but a surprise announcement tonight from the division responsible for the consumer OneDrive service could easily have been written by Mr McDuck The new rules roll back a signature feature of the OneDrive service and "Microsoft reneges on 'unlimited' OneDrive storage promise for Office 365", ZD renege on an extravagant promise that the company made just over a year ago Source Microsoft reneges on 'unlimited' OneDrive storage promise for Office subscribersI'm not really affected by the fact that there won't be unlimited storage since TB is more "Microsoft reneges on 'unlimited' OneDrive storage promise for Office 365", ZD than enough to work with Office documents but this however Free OneDrive storage will decrease from GB to GB for all users current and new The GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued These changes will start rolling out in early It seems like I'll have to build my own private cloud to store my things and keep it accessible Now I only have GB with Dropbox and GB with Google Drive

A:"Microsoft reneges on 'unlimited' OneDrive storage promise for Office 365", ZD

Check out Mega. 50GB free with end to end encryption.

https://mega.co.nz/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595218/microsoft-reneges-on-unlimited-onedrive-storage-promise-for-office-365-zd/
Relevancy 69.66%

Pictures taken with a digital camera and carrying the "name" of "IMG_####.JPG" can not be opened by nor inserted into MS Photo Editor. "Error Reading File" comes up.

Is there a way around this problem?

{redoak}

Relevancy 69.66%

PLEASE NOTE I attempted to solve this myself using Group Policy Editor so I feel my post is unique If it is not I apologize the Search feature did not programs varied Office, in "restrictions" blocked Microsoft effect other to due return anything of use as others HijackThis logs were different First thanks for reading When I attempt to run ANY Mircrosoft Office programs I recieve the error message Microsoft Office, varied other programs blocked due to "restrictions" in effect quot This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact system administrator quot Well I AM the Microsoft Office, varied other programs blocked due to "restrictions" in effect system administrator I thought about contacting myself then this fact dawned on me Anyways I was recently attacked by malware and I used Avast to delete the viruses PERHAPS my system is clean However the viruses modified my system registry and restricted my programs Using GPE I managed to recover my Control Panel Internet Options and Desktop Properties via restricting then unrestricting myself However I don t know how to unlock specific programs PLEASE look at my HijackThis log it is imperitive I regain control of Office ----------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Program Protector ProtectorService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Microsoft Office, varied other programs blocked due to "restrictions" in effect Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ofcdog exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntupd exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C WINDOWS system iprntctl exe C WINDOWS system iprntlgn exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files DAEMON ... Read more

A:Microsoft Office, varied other programs blocked due to "restrictions" in effect

EDIT!!

Installed and Updated Spybot: S&D

Ran a scan, did NOT authorize any actions...

NEW HIJACKTHIS LOGFILE...

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:55:21 PM, on 1/7/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16441)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Program Protector\ProtectorService.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\ntrtscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\tmlisten.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\ofcdog.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNetwk.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TSVNCache.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpShocks.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPONSCR.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY_1\TpScrex.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\pccntmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\pccntupd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon05.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iprntctl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iprntlgn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe
C:\program files\steam\steam.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\livecall.exe
C:\Program Files\Azureus\Azureus.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\M... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-varied-other-programs-blocked-due-to-restrictions-in-effect.788076/
Relevancy 69.66%

Windows crashes on startup -- a freeze in the "Starting Windows" screen. The Event Viewer shows this recurring error:

Administrative Event Viewer Error - Session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Searches give me this thread as the only one with something that might be a solution; however, the solution in that thread seems to be temporary, and the folder and file specified don't exist in my current install of Windows 7 and MSE.

Recommendations?

A:"Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped (...) error 0xC000000D

Hello PantsMasterson

Is this of any help to you - MSE OOBE Event Error - Fixed

If not maybe a reinstall of MSE is in order.

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198185-microsoft-security-essentials-oobe-stopped-error-0xc000000d.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a Dell Precision M60 workstation, and currently use XP Pro SP2.

I replaced my hardrive earlier this year. After reinstalling all the software and updating everything, my computer ran very slow, and would freeze without an error message when using any office program.

I have contacted dell about this. They checked out my computer remotely and said everything was OK. Then they tried to run "detect and repair" for Office 2003. It took about 15 minutes to configure, then we got an error. The tech told me all he could recommend is to reinstall office. So I did. Same problem happening, and same error when I try to run detect and repair.

I don't know what to do next! Any suggestions? Thanks

A:Error when running "detect & repair" in Microsoft Office 2003

Welcome to TSF....

Go thru add/remove programs in control panel and find Microsoft office 2003 and click the change button then when asked run the repair option that is on the screen.

THe office 2003 disks are they original install disks from Microsoft?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-when-running-detect-and-repair-in-microsoft-office-2003-a-281296.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

In Microsoft Excel 2003, I have a column that has dates listed in this format: '01.01.2008', rather than, say, '01/01/2008'. This format is a requirement.

In the column that contains these dates, I have set each cell to have a date format to them as well as a custom setting that replaced the "/" with a ".". The problem, however, is that it can now no longer sort the dates correctly.

Is anyone able to tell me how I can modify or correct this so that I can have the dates listed in the '01.01.2008' format and still sort them as I normally would?

Thank you in advance!

A:Solved: Sorting Date Range In Microsoft Excel With "." Seperator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sorting-date-range-in-microsoft-excel-with-amp-amp-quot-amp-amp-quot-seperator.736730/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi All.

I recently moved from Avast to MSE and I was wondering if there was a way to shift the Scan with MSE context menu item to the Shift+Right Click menu instead. I did a little googling and tried the "extended" registry key but that didn't seem to work (unless I put it in the wrong place).

Thank you in advance for your help!

A:Move "Scan with Microsoft Security Essentials" to Shift+Right Click

Welcome to Seven Forums BaconCatBug. You should be able to add items to the extended menu, but I don't know if it will also reside in the standard menu.

How to Add Any Application Shortcut to Windows Explorer?s Context Menu

You might also see if the entry is listed via Shell Menu View. If so, the program also has an extended view (File> Set extended view) you can use to add it there.

ShellMenuView - Disable/enable context menu items of Explorer

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/328898-move-scan-microsoft-security-essentials-shift-right-click.html
Relevancy 69.66%

This update won't install and I had trouble once before...a long time ago... installing this update. I went to Google for a fix and on some forum a tech told me to un-install the ver. 2.0 that I have on there now...reboot...and then d/l the new update. I didn't bookmark the forum unfortuneately. Now, my system won't even allow me to un-install the old ver. 2.0 so I'm at a loss as to what to do. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

A:Solved: "Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB922770)"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-security-update-for-microsoft-net-framework-version-2-0-kb922770.509533/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have run a lot of anti virus software and nothing gets rid of (what I think is) the trojan.zonebac error. The only reason it is such a problem is the fact that when I open Internet Explorer, a window pops up stating that it is configuring microsoft office XP professional. I have to click cancel a couple times and then it finally takes me to the website. This same box pops up when I open Instant Messenger and Microsoft office applications. Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!

A:Windows keep popping up stating: "configuring Microsoft Office XP Professional"

Check out this MS KB entry:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825941/en-us

- John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-keep-popping-up-stating-configuring-microsoft-office-xp-professional-248885.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Dear tech gods please answer my humble prayer I m currently running Windows XP SP on a Dell Inspiron D S Nearly four days Microsoft C++... termination." C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe program Visual "Abnormal ago I began to get the following error message right after I started up my computer Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library Program C WINDOWS explorer exe abnormal program termination okay sometimes it says more but that s the jist of it I ve also gotten alerts saying that the following have crashed and need to close and if I want to sent an error report to Dell dsca exe d a exe windows explorer launcher exe for Dell Documentation Microsoft Visual C++... C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe "Abnormal program termination." and Support Launcher It all started after my computer got the latest batch of updates which included IE I was trying to connect a new modem There was a Verizon disk involved as well A day or two before the problem first arose I would turn on the computer click Firefox and wait forever because the program wouldn t open I ve tried everything I ve read up on in threads of people with similar problems -Running a virus spyware scan I ve run Norton and Dell several times and it usually doesn t turn up anything and when it does the last few Microsoft Visual C++... C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe "Abnormal program termination." times it says it s detected viruses trojans cookies much after I scanned they get taken care of I restart my system and nothing changes -Restoring my system to a previous time when I didn t have this problem I go through all the motions and restart my computer but when it starts up again it tells me that the restore was not complete because it wasn t able to do it I don t know why this happens -Replacing faulty components Microsoft Visual C++... C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe "Abnormal program termination." with the Windows XP SP CD start gt run gt command gt sfc scannow I don t even think it found anything wrong and when I tried to reinstall Windows XP it told me that my version was a later one and therefor couldn t do it I think it s because of all the updates -Searched for quot Free Download Manager quot I read that some people found this file in their computer which came along with Java or something and once removed their problem went away I couldn t find it when I searched for it -Deleted anything Yahoo related disabled all the toolbars add-ons for Internet Explorer and uninstalled Internet Explorer This also did nothing Please help me I m going crazy I click the quot okay quot button and the alert window will go away taking with it my desktop icons and the start button along with the taskbar leaving only my wallpaper Sometimes they come back along with the alert window and sometimes they don t Either way the damned alert always comes back Here s my HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system atwtusb exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio S... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-visual-c-c-windows-explorer-exe-abnormal-program-termination.915504/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I need help with configuring Microsoft Loopback Adapter on my Windows Professionl -bit laptop The Device Manager for the adapter says quot This device is working properly quot Relevant screenshots are as follows IPv Properties gt gt Advanced gt gt WINS I disabled Network "No Microsoft Adapter Settings Access" Configuration Loopback NetBIOS over TCP IP lt --------- Not sure if this was required There is no antivirus installed and the windows firewall is turned off Local Area Connection is set to be accessed first by Network Services I ve tried the following with no luck Uninstall and reinstall the loopback adapter Disable every other adapter and try to connect loopback adapter Change the IP address to something like When I try to install and configure loopback adapter on Windows Vista Home on the same machine on a separate partition at least I get quot Limited Connectivity quot I am Microsoft Loopback Adapter Configuration Settings "No Network Access" not experienced with loopback adapter so I don t even know how to verify whether I am doing things right or I am getting the results right I believe my settings are correct then why is it saying quot No Network Access quot Please help me out here Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-loopback-adapter-configuration-settings-no-network-access.998243/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there,
Every time I turn on my computer the following message pops up shortly after windows loads: "Microsoft (C) Register Server has stopped working
A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available".

If I press the "close" button it disappears but I have been doing this now every time I turn on my laptop for months and it's getting a bit annoying. I have searched the net for a solution but with no luck. It seems that people have come accross this message before but not on startup. Any help would be much appreciated. I am running Vista Home Premium on a HP Pavillion dv2000. Cheers

Jasonthedog

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-c-register-server-has-stopped-working-every-time-i-start-up.807679/
Relevancy 69.66%

I just joined this forum today I found it while searching for help to fix the following error as displayed in the Event Log When I boot up I do get my desktop but the mouse is frozen OOBE" stopped error: 0xC000000D "Microsoft Client due Security to I turn the power off and back on and my system is functional However I get the following error messages in the event log each time Session quot Microsoft Security Client "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to error: 0xC000000D OOBE quot stopped due to the following error xC D The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Session quot "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to error: 0xC000000D Microsoft Security Client OOBE quot stopped due to the following error xC D Audit events have been dropped by the transport This has been going on for a while now In an attempt to fix using suggestions I found by Googling I have uninstalled Security Essentials run a registry cleanup re-started my system and reinstalled Security Essentials Removed the EppOobe etl file and rebooted Neither of these worked Attached is a zip file created by running the SF Diagnostic Tool exe Prior to creating this file I followed the instructions from this page Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD in order to be able to create a complete dump file I have also entered as much information as possible about my system configuration into my profile I can do some basic fixes but this issue has me totally stumped Please let me know if I did anything incorrectly so far and if you need additional information I would be most appreciative if a forum guru could help me fix this problem Thank heaps in advance

A:"Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to error: 0xC000000D

After I formatted my machine I constantly had this problem and error. For a while removing the EppOobe.etl file prior to shutdown and/or rebooting was the only fix. This morning my system BSOD'd mid-game due to this bloody file/program. Not to mention MSE has been the sole cause of every issue with my machine. I've since un-installed it and installed another virus scanner all together. So far so good!

Sorry I don't have a fix for you. But I suggest downloading something else entirely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275753-microsoft-security-client-oobe-stopped-due-error-0xc000000d.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I'm not sure if this is a printing problem or a software problem, but here goes:
I used Microsoft Publisher to design an index card. I have 200 index cards to print now and I can't get the printer (Canon imageclass d320) to print them. I have tried printing them as "envelopes" because there is no "index" card setting, and that will not work. I also tried running them both directions (horizontal and vertical). The manuel says it will print index cards, but I'm wondering now if they are the kind that are on one sheet (like you print business cards).

A:Printing individual "Index" cards using Microsoft Publisher ... to be continued...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-individual-index-cards-using-microsoft-publisher-to-be-continued.523377/
Relevancy 69.66%

If anyone knows how to get windows media player 9 to run, I would appreciate the advice. I have version 6.4.07.1121. I downloaded Media Player 9 (for Windows 98 SE) and went through the installation process, but when completed with the install, a dialog box opens up saying "Microsoft Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error signature is as follows:

AppName: wmplayer.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2980 ModName: oleaut32.dll
ModVer: 2.40.4518.0 Offset: 0006ac21

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I cannot update my current version (6) from its update feature( it says there is no update available , when I tried), but version 6 still works...only I have to go into the program file where it is and open it there.

A:"Microsoft Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I would recommend getting winamp from www.winamp.com.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-media-player-has-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-close.450770/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have the Purchased Retail Version of MR6 and have made several successful (NO Failed Yet) of my ENTIRE WIN 10 Computer (Image) onto my USB Seagate 1.5TB External HD.

In the Log I get this: Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"

What does it mean ?? Looked all over the Internet but didn't find a "Fix" !!

Thanks !!

Wen

A:MACRIUM REFLECT - Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"

Originally Posted by wen

I have the Purchased Retail Version of MR6 and have made several successful (NO Failed Yet) of my ENTIRE WIN 10 Computer (Image) onto my USB Seagate 1.5TB External HD.

In the Log I get this: Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"

What does it mean ?? Looked all over the Internet but didn't find a "Fix" !!

Thanks !!

Wen

See here: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/dis...in+Windows+8.1

Macrium support in their forum characterizes this as a "benign" event. See Nick's post at http://forum.macrium.com/Topic3154.aspx

Since you have paid version, you can register at this forum - will need to enter confirmation of paid status to complete registration. If you only want to browse and not post, no need to register.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/19874-macrium-reflect-event-id-513-source-microsoft-windows-capi2.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I was wondering if there was *some* way to launch Modern apps with the "Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center", or whether there's a Modern version of "Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center" in the works.

Is there some sort of command or something that can be put into the "Open a program, webpage, or file" field?

If nothing else, is there a program that can be launched that can automatically launch a metro app?

Thanks.

A:Launching Modern apps with "Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center"....

I was wondering if there was *some* way to launch Modern apps with the "Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center"

The only method that I have seen is using macros.  E.g. find the minimal, most reliable method of using the Start Screen to do whatever it is that you want to do via the keyboard, then express that sequence by a macro and assign it to an "unused"
function key.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d039ec3-5567-4c53-95f8-0cd6507a9ecd/launching-modern-apps-with-quotmicrosoft-mouse-and-keyboard-centerquot?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 69.66%

I get this error message all I Visual "Microsoft AOL message Library" use C++ when Runtime error the time including tonight quot Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library quot quot Runtime Error quot Program C Program Files America Online waol exe quot R quot quot - pure virtual function call quot The message pops up out of nowhere It has a red X in the corner I always get it when I'm using AOL I get the error message AOL freezes as well as magnifier which I usually have open When I click OK AOL closes and "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error message when I use AOL magnifier stays frozen I click control alt delete go to processes and end the task of waol exe Then magnifier usually goes back to normal I always lose everything that's open in AOL This is very frustrating I tried increasing the virtual memory but that obviously hasn't helped This actually happened a little while ago and I don't want to click OK because I would be losing some very important information that would be a huge hassle to redo Please can anyone help me I don't want this to happen anymore Thanks

A:"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error message when I use AOL

welcome
first check for malware/virus infections
your internet access could be broken
i would also reinstall aol--
uninstall all versions from your add/remove software in the control panel first.
your account, screen names, and mail will still be there when your done.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error-message-when-i-use-aol-102465.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Need "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"

Previously used WinXPsp2.

Now I've formatted and installed winXPsp3, after installing office2003 as usual.

The problem is I can not print using the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" which is a virtual printer office2003 and "Printers and Faxes" does not appear, as I set it up or I can do.

If I have installed the "Microsoft Office Document Imaging"

img197.imageshack.us/img197/2620/impresora.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-appears-microsoft-office-document-image-writer.155076/
Relevancy 69.66%

ok laugh..hate hassles..i am not a hassle kind of girl. in using MOPM there is this dialog box that pops up, whether i have opened one graphic (copy it let's say) or 10 and it drives me crazy.."there is a large amount of data on the clipboard. do you want to keep the data for use in another application" please tell me i can "disable" this pain in the tail! many thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hassle-microsoft-office-picture-manager.570754/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am desperately hoping that someone can help me with a problem I've got.

I have a range of values (daily financial figures) that are all made from formulas and external sources (other spreadsheets in the same document). None of these values have been directly entered, and the formulas behind them are quite complex. These values (one in each cell) are all read by a graph - however, for days in the future, the graph violently plummets as it's reading the cell values as "$0.00".

Can someone tell me how I can prevent the graph from showing the "$0.00" values? Is there a way to get it to ignore the cells with that value?

Relevancy 69.66%

Hey guys!

I'm getting this error when I try to upload my resume on to a website and so I'm unable to do any uploading:

"you cannot close microsoft office word because a dialog box is open office 2007"

I've had this error before and last time I deleted a windows update (can't remember what) but I'm afraid that it might have came back (blame it on the wife ). Anyways this error is linked to Norton which I don't use (using Avast).

using windows 7 (x64), office 2007, reproduces on all browsers. No processes that deal with office is running.

If anyone has any ideas as to how to get rid of this it would be lots of help. THanks.

A:"you cannot close microsoft office word because a dialog box is open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/you-cannot-close-microsoft-office-word-because-a-dialog-box-is-open.941937/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello Just fiddlin' with W10 for first time, Anyone know Where "Windows Update" is in W10 (can't find it in Control Panel, where it usually is), Also How can I make an IE 12 (Microsoft Edge) Desktop Shortcut? (I right click Icon on Start, and taskbar in attempt to go to properties, to go to file location, But there is no properties option to click...)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

A:Where is "Windows Update" In W10?, How can I make an IE 12 (Microsoft Edge) DT Shrtct

Windows update settings is in the settings tab on the start menu. look for Update and Security

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-is-windows-update-in-w10-how-can-i-make-an-ie-12-microsoft-edge-dt-shrtct.1152512/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi When I go into Documents and Settings folder I always get this quot popup quot window named quot Sign in with Microsoft Passport Network quot and I don t feel safe even though it probably really is from Microsoft popup with Annoyance in Microsoft with "Sign Network" Passport More so it s just plain annoying as hell when I m trying to navigate through Documents and Settings On another forums board someone suggested I create a new key in my registry which appeared to be a new key to suppress the quot popup quot I didn t feel safe doing that even though I ve worked in my registry before because this person who suggested this didn t have any credentials just a mere prior posts to that forum hence I don t feel safe trying that Can you please tell me how to keep this window from popping up everytime I go into Documents and Settings I ve included a screenshot of the quot popup quot window and a HJT log to help see below Thanks Annoyance with "Sign in with Microsoft Passport Network" popup in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM Annoyance with "Sign in with Microsoft Passport Network" popup on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Annoyance with "Sign in with Microsoft Passport Network" popup Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz quot nwiz exe quot install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run ALUAlert C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUNOTIFY EXE O - HKCU Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Consol... Read more

Relevancy 69.66%

Microsoft Word 2003 on my Sony Vaio laptop doesn't have a Save As function, either in the File menu or as shortcut Alt+F A. It's not even there as a disabled/greyed out option - the options under File go straight from Save to Save as a webpage. Any ideas what could have happened "Save As" or how to restore it?

Relevancy 69.66%

My mouse doesn't hide while typing in Google Chrome so I thought something might have disabled the "Hide mouse while typing" option in control panel but it's still on. I noticed it works fine in Microsoft programs.

I thought the "Hide mouse when typing" feature was OS-wide and not specific to Microsoft programs, am I doing something wrong or does my computer not have enough memory to hide the mouse (my RAM is always jam packed).

Thank you

A:"Hide mouse while typing" only applies to Microsoft programs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aab1

My mouse doesn't hide while typing in Google Chrome so I thought something might have disabled the "Hide mouse while typing" option in control panel but it's still on. I noticed it works fine in Microsoft programs.

I thought the "Hide mouse when typing" feature was OS-wide and not specific to Microsoft programs, am I doing something wrong or does my computer not have enough memory to hide the mouse (my RAM is always jam packed).

Thank you

first of all how much ram do you have?

second of all hiding the mouse should not use much memory(any?).

Third of all sometime 3rd party programs are not able to use all windows features.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hide-mouse-while-typing-only-applies-to-microsoft-programs-678928.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have been running the software entitled WebResearch by Macropool on my Windows machine Home Premium -bit for quite a while with no problems Then about weeks ago it failed to start up and presented me with the following error message quot Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system quot In the days preceding this problem I had run the following on my computer BitDefender Antivirus TuneUpUtilities and SpeedUpMyPC I don't believe this last one made any changes as it was just the trial that demonstrates what the program could do if you purchase it I really would prefer not to do a System Restore because I spent hours hassling with installing a Roku box and messing with my router present Database "Microsoft Jet on broken your system" Module not or is over Christmas I don't want to go through all that again I'm hoping perhaps there may be an easier way to fix this problem "Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system" Everything else seems to be working just fine Just that one program won't start I would be most grateful for any recommendations on how to address this issue Gingerthreads

A:"Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system"

I've never seen the error message "Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system" before.

It appears that some others have not either -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic369681.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/software/...ur-system.html

Many Windows Updates came in ~ 2 weeks ago. See if Macropool has an updated version of WebResearch 3 available -

http://www.macropool.com/en/download..._features.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-jet-database-module-is-broken-or-not-present-on-your-system-539287.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Vista SP Update quot Hot Fix quot for Error Code x e e With Help from Microsoft Windows Vista SP Update quot Hot Fix quot for Error Code x e e With Help from Microsoft is now availble effective There has been many outdated post on Error Code x e e and many tech forumns have attempted to apply those fixes for this undefined error code in relation to Windows Update SP and those outdated fixes DO NOT apply and several issues can cause this error code for many Windows Updates however the quot HOT FIX quot is in for Error Code x e e and is posted as below with other related task Vista from "Hot Update Microsoft Fix" With Code for 0x8e5e0147 7/06/09 Help Error SP2 as well that may also show the othere issues in Vista SP2 Update "Hot Fix" for Error Code 0x8e5e0147 With Help from Microsoft 7/06/09 relation to this Error Code in Windows Update for Future Update Error Code issues on Code x e e Tips and Tricks quot Hot Fix quot for Error Code x e e Posted in Techguy org First SAVE ALL FILES AND DOWNLOADS TO YOUR DESKTOP SO THEY CAN BE EASILY FOUND AND WHEN YOU COMPLETE THIS PROCESS CREATE A NEW FOLDER NAMED quot ERROR CODE X E E HOT FIX quot WITHOUT QUOTES SO YOU WILL HAVE A DEFINED TROUBLESHOOTING FIX IN THE FUTURE FOR THIS ERROR CODE The Following fix can also be done from the Microsoft site below automatically under Other related fixes to Error Code x e e BUT usually this has to be done Manually with a created batch file so lets begin Open Notepad and Create a New File Copy and Paste the following text as it appears into your Notepad net stop cryptsvc net stop wuauserv ren windir system catroot catroot old ren windir SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution old regsvr comcat dll s Regsvr Msxml dll s Regsvr Msxml dll s proxycfg -u Regsvr Msxml dll s regsvr shdoc dll s regsvr cdm dll s regsvr softpub dll s regsvr wintrust dll s regsvr initpki dll s regsvr dssenh dll s regsvr rsaenh dll s regsvr gpkcsp dll s regsvr sccbase dll s regsvr slbcsp dll s regsvr mssip dll s regsvr cryptdlg dll s regsvr wucltui dll s regsvr shdoc dll i s regsvr dssenh dll s regsvr rsaenh dll s regsvr gpkcsp dll s regsvr sccbase dll s regsvr slbcsp dll s regsvr asctrls ocx s regsvr wintrust dll s regsvr initpki dll s regsvr softpub dll s regsvr oleaut dll s regsvr shdocvw dll I s regsvr shdocvw dll s regsvr browseui dll s regsvr browseui dll I s regsvr msrating dll s regsvr mlang dll s regsvr hlink dll s regsvr mshtmled dll s regsvr urlmon dll s regsvr plugin ocx s regsvr sendmail dll s regsvr scrobj dll s regsvr mmefxe ocx s regsvr corpol dll s regsvr jscript dll s regsvr msxml dll s regsvr imgutil dll s regsvr thumbvw dll s regsvr cryptext dll s regsvr rsabase dll s regsvr inseng dll s regsvr iesetup dll i s regsvr cryptdlg dll s regsvr actxprxy dll s regsvr dispex dll s regsvr occache dll s regsvr occache dll i s regsvr iepeers dll s regsvr urlmon dll i s regsvr cdfview dll s regsvr webcheck dll s regsvr mobsync dll s regsvr pngfilt dll s regsvr licmgr dll s regsvr icmfilter dll s regsvr hhctrl ocx s regsvr inetcfg dll s regsvr tdc ocx s regsvr MSR C DLL s regsvr msident dll s regsvr msieftp dll s regsvr xmsconf ocx s regsvr ils dll s regsvr msoeacct dll s regsvr inetcomm dll s regsvr msdxm ocx s regsvr dxmasf dll s regsvr l codecx ax s regsvr acelpdec ax s regsvr mpg ds ax s regsvr voxmsdec ax s regsvr danim dll s regsvr Daxctle ocx s regsvr lmrt dll s regsvr datime dll s regsvr dxtrans dll s regsvr dxtmsft dll s regsvr WEBPOST DLL s regsvr WPWIZDLL DLL s regsvr POSTWPP DLL s regsvr CRSWPP DLL s regsvr FTPWPP DLL s regsvr FPWPP DLL s regsvr WUAPI DLL s regsvr wups dll S regsvr WUAUENG DLL s regsvr ATL DLL s regsvr WUCLTUI DLL s regsvr WUPS DLL s regsvr WUWEB DLL s regsvr wshom ocx s regsvr wshext dll s regsvr vbscript dll s regsvr scrrun dll mstinit exe setup s regsvr msnsspc dll SspcCreateSspiReg s regsvr msapsspc dll SspcCreateSspiReg s proxycfg amp d sc sdset wuauserv DA CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC SY A CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO BA A CCLCSWLOC... Read more

A:Vista SP2 Update "Hot Fix" for Error Code 0x8e5e0147 With Help from Microsoft 7/06/09

Impressive, thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sp2-update-hot-fix-for-error-code-0x8e5e0147-with-help-from-microsoft-7-06-09.841007/
Relevancy 69.66%

Whenever I manually go to "My Computer" and then step through the following folders, "Local Disk C", "Documents and Settings", "Mike", a blue framed box appears, urging me to "Sign In With Microsoft Passport Network", with fields for "Sign In Name" and "Password". I click the red X to bypass this and when I open the next folder, this annoyance reappears. When I step backwards to the "Mike" folder, it reappears once again. I have run several spyware programs and all say that my system is clean. Norton AV says the same. I have removed everything from my start-up list using "msconfig" that could possibly be causing this, but to no avail. I assume some trojan has been imbedded into my registry to be causing this. Can you please tell me how to remove this "plague".

A:"Sign In With Microsoft Passport Network" - Please help me remove this curse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sign-in-with-microsoft-passport-network-please-help-me-remove-this-curse.449290/
Relevancy 69.66%

I'm getting a new computer and wondered if I had to upgrade my "works suite" or if 2005 will work?

A:Will "microsoft works suite 2005" work with Vista?

Apparently it is according to a quick search on google. I have not tried it myself.
I have just got a pc with vista. I loaded a lot of older software which works with out problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-microsoft-works-suite-2005-work-with-vista.658321/
Relevancy 69.66%

This is in regards to WindowsXP's version of Microsoft Picture It! Photo.

When I open my PictureIt! program it has the last couple pics I worked on as thumbnail images under the title Recent Files. How do I delete them from there? I had saved them as jpeg files in my photos file and then deleted them from there and the trash when I was through with them. I didn't know that thumbnails of them would be displayed on the program's opening page.

Thank you.

JokerRose

(Sorry to be such a pest today, but I am trying to get this computer working so that it has some privacy.)

Relevancy 69.66%

In the last two days Microsoft Outlook has stopped responding from time to time. While it is non-responsive I get a popup window that says, "Contacting: \\http://www.googleadservices.com\page...ion\1058373096. This may repeat 2-3 times then closes and Outlook is functional. I have never seen this before. Any suggestions on what it is or how to stop it?

Screenshot attached.

A:Microsoft Outlook Stops Responding "Contacting googleadservices"

Do you have a Google mail account?. You could try uninstalling your Google browser, then reboot your computer & reinstall Google again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/348393-microsoft-outlook-stops-responding-contacting-googleadservices.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Has anyone ever had the problem when opening a Microsoft Office word 2007 file on the desktop or elsewhere and then receive the message: "Windows cannot find C: (doc)Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again." Seems to be a compatibility issue with Vista and Microsoft office 2007. I have tried several ways and searched the web and found a few techniques. I have minimized the problem, but it still persists. Odd, because I just double-click on the file which is right in front of my nose. How can it not find the file?I need a solid solution. Thanks for your help!

A:Microsoft Office"Windows cannot find C:(doc)Make sure you type and try again."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-windows-cannot-find-c-doc-make-sure-you-type-and-try-again.861049/
Relevancy 69.66%

Feel free to move the thread if it's on the wrong section.

So, now when I start my computer, after some minutes I always get this error message:

I don't know where it's coming from. I checked my control panel and I didn't find anything related to bing installed there.

I'd like to know a way to make this message stop appearing. Can someone help me?

A:"Microsoft Bing Service has stopped working" (error)

Look in Programs and Features.

Uninstall items with Bing in the name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/372571-microsoft-bing-service-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 69.66%

After installing the keyboard filter quot update quot from Microsoft on a Windows Pro computer it keeps crashing nbsp I was using the Microsoft wireless keyboard mouse at the time and when I tried to type the computer would crash At that point I installed a wired keyboard and the computer did not crash after that point I figured it was the keyboard so I installed a brand new Microsoft wireless keyboard mouse series and again when typing the computer crashes nbsp I am able to type in my password at the log in page but after that typing on any page ie internet or a word document the computer crashes again nbsp Blue screen message DRIVER "Microsoft screen WirelessKeyboardFilter" after death intalling of Blue IRQL NOT LESS Blue screen of death after intalling "Microsoft WirelessKeyboardFilter" OR EQUAL nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp kbdclass sys - Address FFFFF D nbsp nbsp base at FFFFF D DateStamp a bc Event log Error NetBT Tcpip CA -EFE - FD-BDDC- A nbsp nbsp This event log error shows the date and time the blue screen accord nbsp Any suggestions or is there a way to remove the wireless keyboard filter nbsp I have not found an option to remove it at this time without going through the registry which I would rather leave as a last resort option

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e1bc4c09-7a5b-4488-ba8a-ee98a170fd76/blue-screen-of-death-after-intalling-quotmicrosoft-wirelesskeyboardfilterquot?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I'm using Windows and when I start up my laptop today I've noticed that the Microsoft Account notification came out After that I can't click anything but the mouse is able to move This is what it hangs when "Microsoft appeared Notification" Account Laptop says quot Microsoft Account You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices quot This happens a few seconds after loading into the screen whenever the Microsoft Account notification came out I can't click anything and the keyboard shortcuts aren't working as well I've tried force closing to enter Safe Mode Then tried to uninstall some apps I've tried uninstalling Microsoft related products such as Microsoft Office but I'm unable to because I'm in Safe Mode I've also tried to scannow command in Safe Mode and restart my laptop No luck as well Tried the clean boot also nope Laptop hangs when "Microsoft Account Notification" appeared So I just leave it there and let it hang for minutes After minutes or so I've noticed that on the top right there is a pop up screen that says Windows Unresponsive or something like that Then it refresh my screen But it still hangs there Any idea how I Laptop hangs when "Microsoft Account Notification" appeared can fix this problem Thank you

A:Laptop hangs when "Microsoft Account Notification" appeared

Hey,

try going to your Windows 10 Settings, submenu Privacy, and then General. Set the following options off:

"Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device”
“Let apps on my other devices use Bluetooth to open apps and continue experiences on this device”

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/65538-laptop-hangs-when-microsoft-account-notification-appeared.html