Windows Support Forum

Primary DNS server is not responding

Q: Primary DNS server is not responding

I am experiencing the problem described below responding not DNS server Primary is I got an internet from provider which is LAN cable sticking from the wall - and it works fine when I connect via LAN cable - when I write the IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway and DNS servers on the LAN adapter and create a PPPoE connection with username and Primary DNS server is not responding password I want to do the same but wirelessly I have an ASUS RT-N LX wi-fi router - and connected the cable from the provider to the WAN slot on the router Then I have accessed the router from my laptop http - and configured everything as it was on my laptop IP Adddress Submask Default Gateway DNS DNS Wireless network works fine Primary DNS server is not responding the default gateway is pinging - but DNS Primary DNS server is not responding servers are not accessible As a result no internet connection available Moreover - when I want to ping the DNS ping - I tries to get a response from other location but no response from there Any feedback hints comments will be greatly appreciated I have spent days for it but in vain THanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Primary DNS server is not responding

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Primary DNS server is not responding

192.168.1.250 & 192.168.1.10 have been configured at one point in time to be the dns servers set in the router. Obviously they do not work now... I would recommend changing them to maybe an open dns ip: 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220, or even google's dns of: 8.8.8.8

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/primary-dns-server-is-not-responding.181946/
Relevancy 78.69%

I connect to the Internet with a SMC usb thing which is no problem during the week days from 7:30 am till right around 5 or 6 pm but never on the week ends. After the pm time my computer goes from local and Internet to just local which means I do not connect to the Internet. When I click to see what the problem is it says that my Primary DNS Server is not responding., or it can not connect to my Primary DNS Server. The other day I got one that said my connection was timed out. This is driving me nuts. I connect to Linksys unsecured network. Can someone please tell me how tio fix this problem as I am in a online college program and not being able to connect to the Internet over the week ends is seriously damaging my grades.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/265711-my-primary-dns-server-not-responding.html
Relevancy 77.83%

The majority of the time the internet works perfectly but occasoinaly i get the quot windows confirmed that the quot primary dns server quot is not online server DNS but Primary responding online but is not responding to connection attempts at this time quot When i get this message my xbox will also disconnect from xbox live The problem fixes after many times of resetting the network adapter but the problem will repair itself if it is left for roughly the same amount of time this isnt a major problem but it is a massive inconvinience while watching a film or playing a game online When this problem occurs i still have a good connectivity - bars but it is local only My first Primary DNS server online but not responding impression is that its a problem with the router a new one has been ordered but Primary DNS server online but not responding with the postal strike has Primary DNS server online but not responding not yet arrived Even if the problem is fixed by a new router it would be handy to know how to fix it for future refernece I m new here so im not sure what information i need to provide you with or how to get that information Any help will be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Primary DNS server online but not responding

Some things you can try here, listed in the order you should try them.
For wireless connections, remove all the stored wireless profiles and search for networks. You'll have to enter the encryption key again, which is sometimes the issue for connection problems.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/primary-dns-server-online-but-not-responding.872475/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi everyone I've been experiencing a very frustrating problem with my internet the responding Connectivity not - Primary Issues DNS server past Connectivity Issues - Primary DNS server not responding days or so Connectivity Issues - Primary DNS server not responding and so far nothing I have done has fixed it What happens is that when I begin to play an online game with a few friends League of Legends within about minutes our skype call drops and web pages stop loading The confusing part is that the I can continue to play the online game and according to the internet connectivity icon in my taskbar I am still connected to the internet Only when I run a troubleshoot do I receive the Primary DNS server not responding error message and I am then forced to wait minutes or so until the internet returns I have tried Connectivity Issues - Primary DNS server not responding this with both ethernet and wirelessly it occurs regardless I have also tried changing from automatically acquiring a DNS to choosing a specific DNS server flushing dns and ip on the command prompt factory resetting the gateway and creating an entirely new connection and contacting my ISP's support several times to no avail apparently my connection is perfectly fine according to their tests I also tried uninstalling the game and even after it was removed I continued to experience periods of non-connectivity This is a very confusing problem for me because I don't understand how I lose connection in terms of skype calls ending and no longer being able to browse the web but can still play the online game and appear connected to my internet Any help would be MUCH appreciated as I have spent hours upon hours trying to find a solution Thanks

A:Connectivity Issues - Primary DNS server not responding

to Bleeping Computer Nauger93
Have you considered the problem towards any hardware problem like the router or loose/faulty cabling itself? Did you isolate the skype calls not dropping when not playing online games?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510198/connectivity-issues-primary-dns-server-not-responding/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey all,

I have two problems with two employees. They both are connecting by vpn with the ATT Global network client from their homes. These Both employees are using outlook 2000. They are both behind personal routers. They can both browse the Internet and intranet web pages with no problems.

One of the employees can connect with no problem but after ten minutes only her outlook stops responding.

The other, her exchange server will no respond. She is able to ping it successfully. Created several new profiles have no effect or even simply trying a check name.

Any help on these two problems?

A:Outlook problems: exchange server not responding and not responding after 10 minutes

1) Are they on company or personal machines? If personal could this be a personal firewall issue?

2) Are they connecting wirelessly? Have they try connecting wired and see if it makes a difference.

3) I haven't used Outlook 2K in a long time, but I remember there being a setting about how to behave when using a slow connection. Something like tools, send receive, send receive settings. I think one of the options was to basically do nothing. You might poke around in those settings and see what you find.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-problems-exchange-server-not-responding-and-not-responding-after-10-minutes.778825/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there,

I've worked for a long time with xampp on Windows and never had this problem.

I try to access PHPmyAdmin and this error message appears:
HTML:
#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)
Why?

Thanks

A:XAMPP - #2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is n

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xampp-2002-the-server-is-not-responding-or-the-local-mysql-servers-socket-is-n.1035330/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Ive recently been having problems connecting to the internet I have a laptop with vista For the last week when ive been trying to connect to the internet i get the quot Cannot display webpage quot screen instead Server DNS Primary of my home page When i click quot Diagnose connection problems quot i get this message Windows has confirmed that this computer cannot connect to quot Primary DNS Server quot I havent got a clue what i should do so i thought i should come here for help Here is my IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sam-PC Primary Dns Primary DNS Server Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - -A - -EA- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN Adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g miniPCI Adapter Physical Address - -CE- -DC- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe da b b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS Over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F AA - D B- -AE -FBA AEEF B F Physical Address - - - - - - -E Dhcp Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E Dhcp Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- Dhcp Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Sam gt ipconfig all PS I have had to type all of this out so if anythink doesnt look roght let me know and ill check it Any help will be very appreciated as this problem is driving me mad Thank You Sam nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all I hope someone can end this stress that Vista has given me I work at a huge hospital that has local wifi access for our patients and inbetween Primary Server DNS patient care I like to work on my homework with my online courses My friend was Primary DNS Server able to log her Windows XP laptop onto the network just fine however when I connect it connects to the actual network but doesn t connect from the network to the internet DavidLaptop-UMHGuest -X-Internet I get the error message Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server I know that even when I was traveling last summer my new laptop wouldn t connect to the hotels wifi which really ticked me off now I think it may be perhaps settings and I m not very good at messing with them Command Prompt in Vista gt IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name DAVIDK-LAP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List umh edu Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix umh edu Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E - B-CD-AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bd d eaae ce b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday September PM Lease Expires Monday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix umh edu Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - -A -FE- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix umh edu Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I am begging please someone help even my tech support isn t able to provide me with Vista help nbsp

A:Primary DNS Server

That's a very screwball IPCONFIG result.
Configure DHCP for Windows Vista.
Click on the Start menu, and select Control Panel.
Click on Network and Internet. (Skip this step if you do not see this Control Panel item.)
Click on Network and Sharing Center.
Click on Manage network connections.
Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties. If Windows say it needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
Click OK to close the TCP/IP Properties window.
Click OK to close the Local Area Connection Properties window.
Click Close to close the Network Connections window.
Click Close to close the Control Panel window.
Restart your computer.

Post another IPCONFIG /ALL after the reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/primary-dns-server.754355/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there I am having problems staying connected to my university internet In the dorms I can connect and stay connected DNS Server With Primary Communicate Cannot wirelessly Also in my apartment I can connect and keep a stable wireless connection However I work a security job at Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server night in front of Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server the dorms Here I can connect to all of their wireless networks one is a secure server for students other one is public wifi last one is called web only for browsing the web When I use secure or wifi because I like to go on aim and play games when possible however I seem to get cut off from the internet like there was a bandwith limit or overload that I exceeded after a while but I am still connected to their network Running diagnosis I always get this error Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server numbers in here vary depending on which of the university s wireless I connect to Sometimes it s a simple X IP address other times it is something like fe d a b I am running on a -bit Vista Home Premium I use AVG and basic windows for security I try to be pretty careful to what I expose my PC to and I run sweeps and scans bi-weekly using malware etc Typing ipconfig all into a command prompt I get Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiLk-Lappy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -EA- C-B -EC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August AM Lease Expires Monday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -CE-B - - D-BA- - A- DNS Servers fe d a b NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA- - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E A-BD - - FA-F D br CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a c bb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a c bb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description isatap -EA F- AC -A B - B C br F A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a e b a e b Preferred IPv Address a e a a e a Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers fe d a b NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Yeah so I am having a problem on the two networks which allow me ... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

I have an Acer Aspire with a Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller. All of a sudden today I am no longer able to access the Internet. The computer still sees the other computers and printers on our home network and the green and yellow lights on the card go on and off if you unplug the cable so some conductivity is taking place however it does not see the internet. When I do an attempted repair it states.

"Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server" which is simular to other posts however those people appear to be using wireless.

This computer is connected thru the same router as the one I am currently using plus another and these appear to be working fine.

Any Suggestions?

Relevancy 52.89%

I bought a Linksys E3000 Router. I have hooked it up and connected my PS3, laptop, iPad, 2 guest laptops on occasion with no issues. However, my fiancee's laptop will not connect to the internet. It connects to the network fine, just not to the Internet. I keep getting the same error "Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server". I searched through this forum and found a few threads, but none of them solved my issues, so I am asking for help. She is running Windows Vista SP 2. I tried all three of the solutions suggested by Vista, but they all failed. I also did a hard reset of the laptop, router, and modem. Waited a little while with everything unplugged. Still cannot connect to the interent and get the same error message.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I watched a movie truogh my laptop sony vaio (213.243.153.170) with Cannot primary server communicate DNS VGN-FZ Z and it went into standby sleep mode And after that I cant connect to the internet not wireless and not by cabel I Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (213.243.153.170) ve tryed to reset the network adaptor and repair the connection but nothing seems to help C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Fjalle-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (213.243.153.170) Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- -A -ED-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E - Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (213.243.153.170) F- -FB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e c ff cc dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained marraskuuta Lease Expires marraskuuta Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap - E - -A FF- D CEF A br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C gt nbsp

A:Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (213.243.153.170)

Did you try a full reboot? This is frequently an issue with the wireless drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-213-243-153-170.765325/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a brand new Acer Aspire I communicate primary Server Cannot DNS with live in an apartment where the internet connection is a straight ethernet wall port we don t use a modem in our apartment We just plug into the wall My internet goes on and off but my wife s mac works fine When I click diagnose and repair it just says quot Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server quot I will post the message Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server box below also And here is what the command prompt says I am Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server not super fluent in computer speak so if someone would help I would appreciate it Thank you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Preston amp Beka gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Preston Primary Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List broadweave net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix broadweave net Description Generic Marvell Yukon E based Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- -CC- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a e f c b d Pref erred Site-local IPv Address fec e f c b d Preferred Temporary IPv Address a c ce Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe e f c b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday November PM Lease Expires Sunday November AM Default Gateway fe e f d ab DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D AA - - - - ECFA EC br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d ecf ba ba Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe d ecf ba ba Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled THE MESSAGE BOX WON T ATTACH HERE BUT IT SAYS Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I am trying to set up my friends laptop to use my wireless which works on my computer I saw a bunch of threads on this already but I still could not solve this problem and its getting me real flustered Any help would be appreciated The computer is a Compaq Presario C notebook PC with Windows Vista This is the ipconfig when its on wireless Windows IP Configuration Host Name Marisa-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List with primary communicate server DNS Cannot mvcable net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mvcable net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E - - C- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc e ce b Cannot communicate with primary DNS server fa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday December PM Lease Expires Wednesday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- D- C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap mvcable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ABA B -DE F- F -AE -A D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I ve been getting this error message lately my internet will cut out periodically sometimes i can not browse webpages but my aim and msn messenger are still connected other times no messengers will communicate primary cannot with server!! DNS work either My bitorrent does not download at all Sometimes the internet will come back within - minutes other times i cannot communicate with primary DNS server!! have to mess around resetting the network adapter or turning the switch off and on on the unit or i have to restart Doing a test download when it works from sun java site it dl s at about kb s I have a linksys WRT G v connected to a Cable Modem I ve used this router in other places and have never had this problem before If i connect directly to the modem the internet works fine I ve also tried connecting it through an RJ- to the router and i have the same problem I ve just recently changed the DNS setting on the router to opendns com settings and and it has shown a marked improvement in connectivity however the problem still persists oddly enough it is almost garaunteed to happen when i start up bitorrent for some reason The main error message i get is cannot communicate with primary DNS server xxx xxx when it does the repair sometimes it says it has been repaired but other problems still exist i dont get that errror message anyomre since changing it opendns com but i still get quot cannot connect to www microsoft com xx xxx xxx quot when i try to repair it The icon says it is connected locally and internet always during the whole thing which i know could just be my laptop and vista S but ive checked all my drivers etc Also when i connect it with a wire it shows im connected to like - networks even the network name i had before on the router and my school network and a same named one but with a at the end I ve reset my router checked the settings i don t know what else to do any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Ive had the same laptop With Communicate Primary Server Cannot DNS for and a half years and never had this problem before days ago i lost all connection to the internet whilst my computer was connected Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server to the house router During this time I could see other computers on the network but for some reason could not connect to the internet At this point my housemates were on the same network but they were connecting to the internet fine The diagnosis message says quot Cannot communicate with primary DNS server quot After about hours I had connectivity again but then lost it again in the same way last night From looking around on the internet it seems to be something which has been noted a few times and it seems people can end up losing connectivity for large periods of time weeks if its not sorted out and this would suck being in my final year at university From what iv researched people normally seem to be able to fix this but it seems to be a person specific cure different answer for each case so i was hoping someone could help me out below is my ipconfig all results THANK YOU Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - D- - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d aa c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- - - - - B-DB-B -A DNS Servers fe c cf b a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description isatap B C A EF- A- D-A B- F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd c c f fffc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c c f fffc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

i cannot connect to the internet. anytime i connect to my local wireless network it says:
Access: Local Only

i diagnosed the problem and it came up with the message "cannot communicate with primary dns server.." then it gave me the option to reset and i did this multiple times and it did nothing. plz help this is extremely frustrating

Relevancy 52.89%

I DNS to server connect primary Cannot originally found this forum because someone else had the problem but with searching no solution has been found that works for me I have been using a wireless card with a router for about two-three months no problem This last sunday I suddenly lost internet When I tried to repair it it tells me that it quot Cannot Cannot connect to primary DNS server communicated with the primary DNS server quot What is strange is that my wireless card works because I cannot connect to other signals and the router works because Cannot connect to primary DNS server it cannot connect to other wireless cards What is happening is that my specific wireless card is suddenly unable to connect to my specific router When I checked the map on the sharing center it says that the computer is connected to the router but the router is not connecting to the internet Any advice would be much appreciated nothing I have tried so far even on this forum has seemed to help EDIT Sorry the error actually says Cannot Communicate with primary DNS server nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I'm away from my home network and staying in a hotel. When I fired up my laptop and connected to the hotel wifi I was able to get right on. After a couple of hours the connection was lost. The hotel is not having any problems with their wifi service. I've ran all of the network diagnostics and I keep getting "Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (172.16.2.1)." I am running Windows Vista on an HP Pavillion. In the Network and Sharing window diagram I can see my computer connected to the hotel wifi but there is a red X between the hotel wifi and internet (globe). Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

I have an Acer Aspire 5715 Laptop, previously it connected to the internet via a wireless router. However, when I was between broadband providers, I tried to connect to BTfon and since then my laptop has not connected to the internet properly.

I have recently had VirginMedia wireless broadband installed and my laptop will either not connect. Or it connects with limited access meaning that I can't get onto the internet. I have tried to diagnose the connect problem. It just says that it cannot connect to the primary DNS server.

Please help as currently I'm paying for an Internet service I cannot access.

Thanks

Rachel

A:Cannot connect to Primary DNS Server

is the wireless switched on - acer often have a switch to turn the wireless on off
do you have a firewall on the PC - security suite - or have you had a timelimited version like norton, mcafee etc - I think Acer put Kaspersky on as a limited demo

anyone else using the broadband wireless etc

can you connect to your router with a cable and work ?

can we see the following

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-primary-dns-server.962331/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm using vista on a home network and for the past 3 days (I remember windows installed some updates lately not sure if its since that time) it can connect to the wireless network but not to internet(unless wired to the modem directly) but the other laptop and the ps3 works fine only my laptop have the problem and when i try diagnose and repair I got the message: cannot communicate with primary dns server(192.168.0.1) the reset the network adapter solution isn't working I found this thread http://forums.techguy.org/networking/697922-solved-cannot-communicate-primary-dns.html but the solution didn't solved my problem.
Anyone can help me please?

Relevancy 52.89%

Alright I am by no means computer savvy but I do know what I'm doing once I get a clue what's going on Unforutnately I have too many ideas and not enough patience to shift them through We have two wireless routers coming off the same modem atm no other way I can get my personal router up in this house mine being the second connected through the first wireless one Modem -- Router --- Router mine The first one has limitations for their kids According to them my IP and whatnot is not in theirs as far as those settings go but I will still get kicked off my net during the times that the kids would be kicked off with the quot Cannot Comm quot error I don't know if it is because my settings or theirs or some type of midway communication error because mine goes through theirs but I'll post my IPCONFIG ALL stats Microsoft Windows Version Copyright Microsoft Corportation All rights reserved C Users Anasaki gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sarenxa Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No With Server(192.168.0.1) DNS Primary Communicate Cannot Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D-C - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ba df Preferred IPv Adress Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server(192.168.0.1) Saturday September AM Lease Expires Sunday September AM Default Gateway fe ff fe a DHCP Server DNS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server(192.168.0.1) Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - - - -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F -B - -B -AFD E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -C A - E - - BA C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Excuse any typos I had to manually type it out for lack of resources I made sure I didn't mistype any of the important long numbers that have no meaning to me P If you have any suggestions or if I need to update anything that I forgot to write now please let me know Like I said I'm a fast learner with google on my side so I shouldn't be too hard to talk to Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a9817d3f-143b-4441-a82c-3595bf32aa5b/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server19216801?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey, I have gone through multiple threads on this site with this problem but none seem to have worked. It says my internet is only local and I have tried restarting it many times. I do receive internet, only i cannot actually go on the internet.

My wireless router is a netgear VMDG280 with a web address of 192.168.0.1. I go through Virgin internet. Wireless security type is WPA2-Personal with an encryption type: AES. I run though windows vista and tend to go through mozilla though i do use explorer as well.

Hope this helps!

Relevancy 52.89%

Ever since out boarder downstairs moved in the internet connection has been intermittently cutting out for periods of - minutes before reconnecting itself It seems the boarder has been having the same server with primary Cannot communicate DNS issue We are both using the same router and both connected via cords but the issue is the same with wireless The router is set to get DNS settings automatically Cannot communicate with primary DNS server from ISP C Users Mum and Dad gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheCPU Cannot communicate with primary DNS server Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Cannot communicate with primary DNS server Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- F- - -FD-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ab a cc dbcc b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday October PM Lease Expires Saturday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap - EE - BC-A DC-CC A br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

A few days ago I noticed a problem with the family wireless Linksys-N router primary DNS server w/ (209.18.47.61) Cannot communicate For some reason no idea the router had reset the name was no longer showing up in broadcasting networks and in its place was the default linksys with an unsecured notice I managed to connect to the router and reestablish the settings that were in place so that the two laptops and the desktop that use the wireless connected without having to mess with their settings Today the desktop is not getting the same speeds as it was before this little debacle and is only intermittently able to connect to the internet The laptops are fine working at the same speeds and with no connective issues While the desktop displays an active connection to the router and to the internet it takes a very long time for pages to load if they load at all which usually results in the display of a quot cannot connect to site quot with a retry button or the page comes across without the graphics or chunks of information missing the former coming up as Cannot communicate w/ primary DNS server (209.18.47.61) fast as the pages used to load When I run a diagnose repair through windows it comes up with the error quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server quot or nothing huh Running that check again right now has revealed no errors However the connection is still slow I have looked at all the posts concerning this subject that I could find on this site and tried the line netsh winsock reset catalog as well as adding removing resetting settings in the DHCP properties involving the IPv and v I suppose if the problem is a dead issue then this will just be a vague dream before long however the speed is still bugging me as it is not back to what it was and I am an avid gamer who needs the most out of the system Any ideas or if i need to try and post some information up let me know Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I just posted a thread about setting up a wireless router but now im starting to think the reason the connection is so primary Cannot to server dns connect bad is because of my computer I have a dell inspiron and sometimes the Cannot connect to primary dns server internet is fine and then it doesnt work at all and says cannont connect to primary dns server Also i ran a diagnostics on my wlan wireless card and it says gateway ip ping internet ip ping and dns ip ping all failed The wireless says it has bars but I usually have to disconnect and reconnect for it to work and it only works for about seconds before it slows down again Please help this is driving me crazy I ll go ahead and post my ip stuff here It says dhcp not enabled and im sure that it would help for it to be but I live in a fraternity house and cant get to my router s page by typing in the ip address so i dont know how to enable it Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users drew gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name drewd-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Cannot connect to primary dns server Physical Address - F-E - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f f f c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September PM Lease Expires Saturday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - E-C - - F-E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e d f f cd Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe e d f f cd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E C - CE- B - B -EAFD E F br FB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D DFA - B C- - B -A AA C br EE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users drew gt nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having issues connecting to the Internet through my netgear router. The other laptops in the house work fine so I'm sure it's an issue with the setting on my laptop that are the issue. It connects to the router, tries to identify, them says unidentified and remains at a local only connection.

The error says: cannot connect with primary dns server (192.168.2.1). Windows cannot resolve it itself, I've tried contacting my internet provider but they were no help, and also tried resolving using similar threads in this forum but think I could be making it worse by trying suggestions that do not apply to my problem??

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated, guys!!

(typed from my phone so apologies for any mistakes!!)

Oh and I'm using Vista

Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys this is my first time on here I'm having problems with my internet connection. I will be connected to the internet and then it seems at random i will lose connection. It says Im still connected to the network and I have 5 bars however it says im not connected to the internet. When I trouble shoot the connection it says that I cannot connect to the primary DNS server. This is occurring on all devices wired and wireless that are connected to this network. I have updated the firmware on my wireless router but not on my modem since COX has to do that.

Thanks I appreciate the help in advance

A:Cant Connect to primary DNS server

After updating the router's firmware you should reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

When the internet access is lost does your router's WAN still have a good IP configuration?

Do the LEDs on modem and router indicate that the router has lost connection or whether the modem has lost its connection?

What do you have to do to regain internet access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-primary-dns-server.1024203/
Relevancy 52.89%

Well this just happent to me last night .... I have windows vista and my modem is connected to a router....it was working fine than all of a sudden I get a connection than I lose connection right after

A:cannot connect to primary dns server

restart your router and see if that helps.

Also don't create separate threads for the same issue please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-primary-dns-server.1005667/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an HP Pavillion laptop with vista that can't connect to my home network. I've never had a problem connecting to any other networks public or private but for some reason everytime I try to connect to my home network it only lets me connect locally with no internet access. When i try to repair the connection it just comes up with Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server(24.159.193.40). Any advice or help would be extremely appreciated Thanks!!

Relevancy 52.89%

Okay so I recently moved and had to switch from my att dsl to roadrunner Anyways they wouldn t run the line for roadrunner into my office so my cable modem itself is in my bedroom and I have a linksys router in there with it and my computer has a linksys pci network adaptor K so my problem is I stay connected to the internet for periods of time sometimes a few hours sometimes mere seconds and them I am disconnected Only I am not really disconnected My network settings all say everything is wonderful but when I diagnois it says quot Cannot Connect to Primary DNS Server quot I have spoken to Primary Connect Server DNS Cannot with Roadrunner Linksys Microsoft and Dell I even tried calling my local geek squad no one knows why I have this message or how to fix it Cannot Connect to Primary DNS Server and I Cannot Connect to Primary DNS Server am at my wits end it is sooo horribly annoying to have to reboot your computer times which buy the way gets my signal back for however long if I reboot my computer my internet returns until the next time it leaves Please someone help me nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Situation Work laptop yesterday evening disallowed me from accessing web pages After seeing the connection was to the network was strong but the connection to the internet was non-existant I troubleshot the problems with Windows Network Diagnostics It s answer was to Power cycle the modem router didn t work get new ip setting for the network adapter didn t work and reset the network adapter didn t work either In CMD I ve tried ipconfig flushdns Can access server dns primary not and ipconfig registerdns with no prevail I m at Can not access primary dns server a loss as we don t have an IT department and my boss is not tech savy one bit I ve included my ipconfig all report below Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Ryan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ryan-WorkLaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lodgenet net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lodgenet net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - F-C -C - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b fd bd ecd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday May AM Lease Expires Friday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - F- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DC D- A - F -ABE - C A br A B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lodgenet net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Ryan gt nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi every one
please help me fix the issue in my connection..It says cannot communicate to primary DNS Sever 192.168.1.1
Please help im not a tech savy...the router for my internet is beside me im connected locally but no internet connection..Thank you..Best regards...

Relevancy 52.89%

hey there i ran a search of the site s threads to make sure i dont double post the same problem i found a few that were similar to mine but the solutions didn t work for my computer What s going on is i m having a problem with my wireless internet i can connect to it no problem my computer is sending information and data but it only sends very very little information back i cant load any website load AIM or anything connect Server primary DNS cant to internet related yet it says im connected I ran IP config in the cmd prompt and this is what it said Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name peter-pnd w yjp Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Com EtherLink XL PCI For Com plete PC Management NIC C C-TX Physical Address - - -E - - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday September AM Lease Expires Sunday September AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix buffalo rr com Description Wireless-N USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -F -A - -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday September AM Lease Expires Sunday September AM nbsp

A:cant connect to primary DNS Server

well.....after posting, a few hours later my wireless internet just randomly started to work perfectly....and then it just kept disconnecting and re-connecting every few minutes at random.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-primary-dns-server.751685/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all I just recently joined just to have this one question answered Why do I keep getting this error quot Cannot connect to primary DNS server DNS server... Primary to connect Cant quot I ve read tons of posts discussing this subject from it being an issue Cant connect to Primary DNS server... with Cant connect to Primary DNS server... the laptop s motherboard to simply changing your IP address but nothing has helped This isn t the first time I ve had the issue also this is about the th time its happened and the first few times I was able to simply Configure my laptop to an earlier date and it went away or restarting but not anymore last month it happened and it took two weeks of not messing with my laptop for it to go away I have two other computers that are desktops that can connect to the internet still just my laptop wont no interweb love for my laptop T-T I d appreciate any help My laptop is running Windows Home edition and is a Toshiba Satellite L D-S I m nearly almost computer technology illiterate nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

When my internet disconnects every once in a while, I diagnose it and it says that it could not communicate with the primary DNS server. I have checked it using nslookup and indeed it is the correct one. I think this could possibly be the problem to my random disconnections. Is there any ideas on how to possibly get this message cleared so it doesn't come up anymore?

Relevancy 52.89%

When I try to connect through my Linksys router I get the message: "Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server". I have tried numerous steps but have yet to solve the problem. I have a Windows Vista operating system. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thank you.

Relevancy 52.89%

This is what my computer is saying when I try to diagnose and repair my wireless connection.

If I restart my wireless router, my wireless internet connection will work for about 5-10 minutes most of the time but some times not at all and when I go to repair it, it says whats in the title. I have another laptop on the same connection that works when the other is not most of the time but they both are having the same problem. How do I fix this

A:Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (64.71.255.198)

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router. Then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure.

Make sure the wireless adapters each have the latest driver. For an integrated adapter you should get the driver from the PC manufacturer's web site.

Consider wireless interference, especially from another network or 2.4 GHz cordless phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-64-71-255-198.901646/
Relevancy 52.89%

I know there are other topics like this already but none of those suggestions help me. According to my Network and Sharing center I have full signal and connection to the internet but when I try to go online instead of my home page it says the webpage cannot be displayed. When I try to diagnose the problem it says that it cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (150.208.106.109). I've reset the network adapter but it still doesn't fix the problem. I have a HP Pavilion tx 2000 with windows vista. I'm not sure what else is needed. I really don't know alot about computers.

Relevancy 52.89%

I am having a sony vaio laptop vista premium is running on it and a desktop in which windows xp professional is there I am trying to connect internet via wired lan i am able to access in my desktop but not in laptop can some one help me pleaseeeeeee I am currently in korea the same laptop when in india has worked fine where i used wired lan only Below are some with Primary communicate Cannot server DNS more details ipconfig all for my laptop Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name srinu-PC Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd f c e bd ccf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E DF -F C - -A - br br A CE CE br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferre d Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address c c Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF- E - FA -BE - br br E D br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig all of my desktop which is working fine C WINDOWS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name maincom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - E- -FF- - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February A M I tried enableing disabling DHCP tried some resets using winsock command tried using open dns but still same error i am unable to turnoff on router as it is not under my control can some one please help me thanks in advance nbsp

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server

Enable automatic addressing on the failing machine.
Configure DHCP for Windows Vista & Windows 7
Click on the Start menu, and select Control Panel.
Click on Network and Internet. (Skip this step if you do not see this Control Panel item.)
Click on Network and Sharing Center.
Click on Manage network connections.
Right click on Connection you wish to change and choose Properties. If Windows say it needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
Click OK to close the TCP/IP Properties window.
Click OK to close the Local Area Connection Properties window.
Click Close to close the Network Connections window.
Click Close to close the Control Panel window.
Restart your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.899383/
Relevancy 52.89%

Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D -AF- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Cannot connect DNS to primary server IPv Address fe b b e eb ecd b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February- - PM Lease Expires February- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Cannot connect to primary DNS server Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - Cannot connect to primary DNS server -B - E-B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C B - B - E- B -E AA br EE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C B - B - E- B -E AA br EE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C B - B - E- B -E AA br EE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C B - B - E- B -E AA br EE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B ADBD- D- F -BB - br C D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B ADBD- D- F -BB - br C D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D D- B B- C -A C- E D br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DE DE- B - B -B - A E FB br AA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a d c a Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users owner gt Sorry for reposting this post but no one has replied on myne and ive had this problemf or over a month now and i was unable to use my laptop for that period of time and i really need it working nbsp

A:Cannot connect to primary DNS server

Closing duplicate.

Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/800768-cannot-connect-primary-dns-server.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-primary-dns-server.805138/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a HP pavilion dv600 laptop running vista. I have used the wireless internet many times both at work and around town. However one day at work it stopped connecting to the internet. It says local connection only. It will not load the log on page. When I try and diagnose problems it says:

Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (205.171.2.65)
(Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response)

Then there is an option to reset the network adaptor and when clicked it trys repairing it and then it says:

Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists. Cannot communicate with primary DNS server(205.171.2.65)

Again there is an option to reset the network adaptor. It just goes round in circles.
I have googled the problem but no-one seems to have the same problem.
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks ver much, Elliott.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I m having some problems with my internet connection that I can t figure out I ve searched google searched several with Server Cannot Primary communicate DNS forums and tried various things Nothing seems to work I m using Windows Vista Home Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server Premium on a desktop which is connected to a wireless network using the standard wireless Linksys router When I connect to my router wirelessly it does not connect to the internet and it s Access reads Local Only as opposed to quot Local amp Internet quot I use the Diagnose and Repair option and it sends back a Network Diagnostics messages saying quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server quot The option it gives me to repair is to reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot but when I click on that I Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server get a message that comes back saying the same exact thing This problem only persists on my desktop the other laptops in the house work fine So maybe a DNS changer trojan I don t know Here is some of my information I appreciate any help Using ipconfig all the following is displayed Windows IP Configuration Host Name Zexby-PC Primary Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ct comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ct comcast net Description USB Wireless b g Adaptor Physical Address - - - B- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fd b b af ff Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Monday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- -B -DD- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ct comcast net Description isatap hsd ct comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E AFC -E C- B A-BB F-C EB br DD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I have also included what appears when I try to pull up the NETBIOS nbtstat -n ping an internet website www live com my default gateway my desktop s ip address and my computer zexby-pc C Windows system gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- ZEXBY-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered ZEXBY-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Windows system gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Windows system gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Windows system gt ping www live com Ping request could not find host www live com Please check the name and try aga in C Windows... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

I am using a HP g notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium service pack My internet Service is Comcast I have a Belkin F D - V wireless router For months I have not had any problem getting kicked off the net Then my connection to the net started dropping out every mins it seems I would get a message saying there was a problem with my DNS server It gives a option to repair or restart the router and that will temporally fix the problem I called my ISP they reset the modem I reset the router back to factory defaults Then the ISP had me go into command prompt and enter gt ipconfig flushdns that fixed the problem for about hours Now I am getting kicked off and getting a message saying can not communcate with primary DNS server I have read through threads here concerning this Cannot HELP Server. communicate PLEASE Primary DNS with issue but im lost All my lights on the modem are green I can connect to the net throught the ethernet cable no problem HELP ME PLEASE IM GOING TO JUMP OUT THE WINDOW LOLL Microsoft Windows Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server. HELP PLEASE Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chevy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chevy-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server. HELP PLEASE adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Atheros AR a g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c fbc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - F- - F-C - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server. HELP PLEASE State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE A- EE- BA- A - CCD br EA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef bc ae b e a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ae b e a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE A- EE- BA- A - CCD br EA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE A- EE- BA- A - CCD br EA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Chevy gt nbsp

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server. HELP PLEASE

Well, the fact that you can connect wired but not wireless would point to a wireless contention issue as my top suspect.
Some things you can try here, listed in the order you should try them.
For wireless connections, remove all the stored wireless profiles and search for networks. You'll have to enter the encryption key again, which is sometimes the issue for connection problems.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-help-please.891201/
Relevancy 52.89%

I just recently reformatted my hard drive on my laptop and completely restored it with the original VISTA Primary with Server Cannot DNS communicate I am now having problems connecting to the internet via wireless connection The error message I am receiving is quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server I have tried resetting the network adapter as well as the router multiple times to no avail Also tried resetting the TCP IPv and TCP IPv No Luck there either I ve also tried disabling all quot non-microsoft quot services at startup and the problem still continues HELP Thanks all in advance Mike Here is the ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Flyin High gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mikes Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- - - C-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -DE- D-DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b b c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway fe ff fe cbab DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A C -FC - EEB- D - E C br FC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FBE AB - B - E- - AF B D br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Whenever I put my laptop to sleep and then turn it back on, my connection status is "Local Only" I can resolve this problem by clicking on "Diagnose and Repair" from the "Network and Sharing Center" and clicking on

Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server(192.168.0.1)
"Reset wireless Network adapter"

however if I then decide to put my laptop on sleep again i have to go through the whole process of resetting the network adapter before the internet is working again. I am getting tired of this and would be soooo thankful to anyone with a solution to this annoying problem.

THANKS in advance!!!!!!!!
Operating System : Windows Vista Home Premium
Router model: netgear dg834pn

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server(192.168.0.1)

If you are lucky you will fix this by getting the latest driver for your wireless adapter. If it is an integrated adapter get it from your PC manufacturer's web site.

Second, make sure you have the latest firmware for the router. Then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure.

If you are using WEP encryption try unencrypted for a test, and then try to switch to using WPA(2)-PSK ('cause Vista sometimes struggles with WEP).

If none of these measures are a solution you are probably left with three choices--try a different wireless adapter, try a different router, or use my workaround when I encounter this: switch the wireless off before Sleep and switch it back on upon awakening.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-192-168-0-1.888361/
Relevancy 52.89%

ok i've recently moved and i am currently running my internet through WIFI and everything works fine for the most part but i would like to get my PC back onto wired connection to the router.

now the problem i face atm is that when i turn off WIFI and connect my cable to the computer i'm unable to get a internet connection and on running a windows network diagnostics i am given the problem ' Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server(62.31.144.39)'

any help with this would be much appreciated

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server

Please show for an ethernet connection and then for a wireless connection ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.831972/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have read all the previous threads, and have followed the steps w/the adding the DNS IP address but for some reason am still having issues, i will be connected for about 3 seconds, than kicked, than back on for 5 seconds, than kicked.... I'm getting very frustrated... please help me.

A:Cannot Communicate with primary DNS server

mdamore:
Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

Please provide the brand, model & model # of your modem & router.

Are you using ethernet or wireless?

Which steps did you try? No need for us to waste your time by suggesting them.

Which version of Windows? Which service pack? Which flavor of XP, Vista, Win 7?
Be sure that in network connections, TCP / IP's properties are set to automatically obtain an IP address & automatically find a DNS server.

Open a command prompt.
start > programs / all programs > accessories > command prompt.
type: cd\
press "enter"
type: ipconfig /all
note the presence of a space between ipconfig & /
note the absence of a space between / & all
Press "enter"
Right click the windows. Press your "enter" key.
This will copy information to your computer's clipboard.
Return here, Paste the information in a reply.

Which firewall are you using?

When did the problem begin? Have you ever been able to connect to your desired network [ & / or the internet ]? If so, what changed?

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.881893/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have got a vista laptop and when i try and access my wireless internet at home it connects to the router but cannot connect to the internet The router used to work fine till a couple of days ago but Communicate Primary With DNS Server Cannot i dont know what happened Now the system is connected as follows The modem is connected to the pc and the router is connected to the modem from one of he ports not from the Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server internet port This is the error given Cannot communicate with primary DNS server fe e Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists Cannot communicate with primary DNS server When i did ipconfog all these are the results Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - C- -F - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - B- -D -E -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d cd f f b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- - F-A - - -B - - A- DNS Servers fe e NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - -B - - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CE E - A D- B -B -CFD B br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHC... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

hello ive been geting these alot my modem keeps disconnect connect and im sick of it i just want it to stop is there any way you could help im so faustrated with this problem i cant hardly go to the interent because my connection keeps disconnectiong please help

A:cannot conect to Primary DNS Server

Give us more info. Are you talking about a dial up modem, cable or dsl modem?

can you give us a read out from ipconfig?
Start - Run - type cmd press enter
This will bring up a command prompt (black box with white text)
in this box type in ipconfig and press enter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-conect-to-primary-dns-server.834379/
Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop running Vista shows that it is connected to the internet on the taskbar but when I open a browser it says it cannot connect with the server. Any way I can fix this?

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.836227/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am using a Server Cannot Primary Communicate DNS With vista laptop and will face a Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server When i connect my laptop directly with the internet modem i can connect to the internet But when i connect my laptop indirectly with an internet modem via a wireless router it shows me this Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server message Cannot communicate with primary DNS Server Then there is an option to reset the network adaptor and when clicked it trys repairing it and then it says Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists Cannot communicate with primary DNS server When I run ipconfig all it get this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users alex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name alex-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe da cb f d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday September PM Lease Expires Tuesday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-DB-EC- - -D - - -E DNS Servers fe f d c aa fc NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -D - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f d c aa fc Prefer red Site-local IPv Address fec f d c aa fc Preferred Temporary IPv Address a f a d ce bd e Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe f d c aa fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday September PM Lease Expires Sunday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-DB-EC- - -D - - -E DNS Servers fe f d c aa fc NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B AF - DCD- BB-AE -D D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fe f d c aa fc NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F -C E- - C - C D A br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fe f d c aa fc NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers fe f d c aa fc NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address cf e d ca ba e b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d ca ba e b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users alex gt Can anyone help me regarding this issue please nbsp

A:Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server

I'm confused, you appear to have both a wired and wireless connection active. Since the wired connection is directly to a modem, where's the wireless coming from?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.864136/
Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop xps vista has decide to stop connecting to my thomson not primary with (192.168.1.254) Can dns server communicate tg v router I Can not communicate with primary dns server (192.168.1.254) have borrowed my mates router hence i can type this and the computer is fine in connecting to the internet After hours trawling the internet I am still no closer to solving this problem I have ran ipconfig all and this is what i get I have ip address and dns on auto find Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - -C - D-EB-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a d ed e f f fffd Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe ed e f f fffd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E -B - C B-B E - DF br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connectio... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

Router TRENDnet TEW- BRP Modem WebSTAR DPC R Series Operating System Vista Home Premium x Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Primary Server DNS Communicate With Cannot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alex-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Connec tion Physical Address - E- - D- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ec c facb e c Preferred IPv Address Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Saturday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Windows system gt Any help nbsp

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.853850/
Relevancy 52.89%

i can connect to my linksys router but not the internet alot of people say that u just add a "DNS SERVER" can you help me please i need personal facts on me not in ganeral. i have windows vista home basic

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a vista laptop that just stopped connecting to the internet the other day The router is working correctly as our other laptop is using it and it s working fine When i try and diagnose problems it says Cannot communicate with primary DNS server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response Then there is an option to reset the network adaptor and when clicked it trys repairing Primary DNS Server communicate with Cannot it and then it says Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists Cannot communicate with primary DNS server It just Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server says that there still seems to be a Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server problem with your connection Here is the info from my IPconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Stephanie gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Link-local IPv Address fe b ef ab e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Link-local IPv Address fe efe Default Gateway Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I get this error message followed by a string of letters and numbers seperated by colons. have a local only connection, the name of which is 2124, but it comes up as 2124 2 (2124) Local Only. it just started doing this but i can connect to a larger school network that im on now correctly. another pc is using the network with no problems and i can connect to it with the wifi function on my lg ally

A:cannot communicate with primary dns server

Nobody?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.965965/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have a windows vista laptop and I ve just got internet in my flat Unfortunately I can t connect to the internet at all - I can get a local with server primary communicate DNS Can't connection but nothing else Everyone else s laptops can connect fine so it s not a problem with the modem or the network Below is my ipconfig please help Microsoft Windows Version Can't communicate with primary DNS server Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Alex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alex-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E Adapter Physical Address - D-D - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b b ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- - -AC- - A- - - - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ic ac uk Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ic ac uk Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Alex gt nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

HERES MY IP CONFIG HELP PLEASE Microsoft Windows Version HELP!!!!!! primary cannot with server connect Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users krys gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name krys-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State cannot connect with primary server HELP!!!!!! Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - -CA-FB- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - B- -BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CA BF - F - - -C E A br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B F E - B- E-AAA -E F C br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users krys gt IPCONFIG ALL nbsp

A:cannot connect with primary server HELP!!!!!!

Try using Google Public DNS.

Or, OpenDNS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-with-primary-server-help.960239/
Relevancy 52.89%

We have wireless internet and all the other laptops are connecting to the internet, my laptop just connects to the network but in the "network and sharing center" it shows that it is not connecting to the internet. i've tried everything that i can think of.

Relevancy 52.89%

My internet always gives me this when I try to repair the it. After awhile, it comes on again for a little bit and then dies out again. Even when my internet is working fine, it has considerably slowed down to a few months ago.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I have had this problem before but it went away when I reset my modem/router.

My router is the LINKSYS WRT160N. My laptop is the ASUS M50Sv-A1 (Specs Next to Username)

I've tried resetting my modem/router/network adapter on the laptop and it still does not work. Everything else works (I.E. Xbox Live, Computers directly connected) except for my laptop.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I cannot connect to the internet A message Cannot communicate with primary DNS with DNS server communicate primary Cannot server I have tired repairing it turned off firewall selected Obtain an IP address automatically quot and quot Obtain DNS server address automatically and tired to used OpenDNS but nothing hasn t Cannot communicate with primary DNS server worked I am using a university network which my laptop is connected to a wall jack Here are the results when i typed in ipconfig all C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Steph-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nac tees ac uk Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - F-E -F - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix tees ac uk Description Intel R WiFi Link Physical Address - -EA-CF- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nac tees ac uk Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - F- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Cannot communicate with primary DNS server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap tees ac uk Physical Address - Cannot communicate with primary DNS server - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nac tees ac uk Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D B B- C - EDD- B- E C E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I have recently got broadband in my new flat. We managed to get my xbox connected and my laptop connected via the wifi which was great, but my girlfriends laptop came up with the error message:

Cannot connect with Primary DNS server(84.13.241.126)

I found another thread with a similar problem and stuck in a DNS sever address the same as our IP address which is as above but still it didn't have any effect. I know my gf's laptop works in other places on the wifi so does anyone have any ideas why it isn't working here?

Thanks for any help

avd333

It also mentioned Network Diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not recieve a response

A:Cannot connect with Primary DNS server(84.13.241.126)

Would you give a little more detail of your setup - make and model of router - how the xbox is connected

would you post an ipconfig /all from your working laptop

on your girlfriends laptop post back the following

{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-with-primary-dns-server-84-13-241-126.946067/
Relevancy 52.89%

So I have checked out a couple of these threads and tried to narrow it But it all started with that Cannot Communicate with primary DNS Server error Here s what I ve got I m on a wired desktop PC running Windows Vista Home Premium My roommates are connecting to the internet through my router We Communicate with Server DNS Cannot primary lost internet a Cannot Communicate with primary DNS Server couple days ago If I unplug my router and plug the modem straight into my PC it works fine So Cannot Communicate with primary DNS Server that seems to narrow it down to a router problem Here is my ipconfig all C Users Chris gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chris-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ut comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ut comcast net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - C-BE- -DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e cbf c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-AB- D- - - C-BE- -DC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ut comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes When I try to ping the default gateway I get this Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Request timed out Reply from Destination host unreachable Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Searching around led me to believe that the DNS Servers were messed up and somehow led me to try just resetting my router and starting over When I tried that it prompts me for a firmware update So looking that up I found that the power light on my router A version Linksys is continuously blinking which indicates that the firmware is corrupted according to this article http linksys custhelp com cgi-bin F ZXh PWZpcm YXJlIHRmdHA amp p li amp p topview So I went to their site downloaded the latest firmware in a bin format then installed it It went through okay but now when I hit the setup site all I get is a connection reset page as though it is not connected at all I have triple checked the wires just to make sure I have tried resetting the router again to no avail and the power light is still blinking I am stuck Help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

This is the notice I'm getting when trying to resolve the problem: Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server(fe80::d40:33b7:537:5efa%11)

Can't seem to get my wireless running. I could connect to the router but not the internet.

Help will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you,
Helen

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello All I have been having problems moving my laptop from network to network Every Cannot to Server Primary DNS Connect time Cannot Connect to Primary DNS Server I move to another network it will initially get only local access When I repair the connection it says quot Cannot Connect with Primary DNS Server It gives Cannot Connect to Primary DNS Server me the option to automatically acquire the new IP address and network gateway which works every time but is a hassle to have to perform every time I move to a different network Does anyone have any insight into a permanent solution for this problem I am currently running windows vista on my laptop and my configurations are listed below Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kevin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kevin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List rowan edu Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -DA- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix rowan edu Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - E- - E- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd c e ada b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday April AM Lease Expires Friday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E-C -DD- - - - A- - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix rowan edu Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DE DBAB- E- F-B -C E ACF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix rowan edu Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fa d ce fa d ce Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I recently purchased a linksys WRT G wireless router and am having some trouble getting it to connect to the internet I am using a DSL connection and can can connect when not going Cannot Primary With DNS Server Communicate through the router When repairing it says quot Cannot Communicate With Primary Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server DNS Server quot I am using windows vista Any help would be Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server very much appreciated Here are results from IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Shea gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server Name Shea-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- C- -F DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - - -BC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe db f c a d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday January PM Lease Expires Sunday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C A E -E F- E-A F- A EF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - D - D - AE-C C br CB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. I cannot connect to internet. I have tried to do Diagnose and Repair and I got the following message: Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (84.203.254.34)

The ipconfig images attached.

Thanks.

A:Cannot communicate with primary DNS server

Hrmmm interesting... according to http://www.robtex.com/dns/mysmart.ie.html the DNS should be -

Maybe you can try hardcoding the DNS portion of your TCP/IP it and see if you now are able to use it. This will tell you if the DHCP servers are giving you incorrect TCP/IP information. Ultimately if this fixes it you may need to get with your ISP to find out why their DHCP is giving out incorrect DNS server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.800167/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys I ve been having this problem for a little while now and I haven t been able to find a solution I ll be randomly browsing the internet or playing a game online and the send light on my modem it s a Motorola SB Surfboard will start blinking slowly and only a few times then it will go solid again However my internet will drop and it acts as if my internet is completely disconnected I ll run diagnose and repair and it says quot Cannot Communicate With DNS Server Cannot Communicate with Primary Primary DNS Server quot This happens Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server at random times throughout the day and can happen multiple times consecutively or it might not happen all day or just once a day It confuses me I ve tried a lot of things to fix it I ve searched the internet all over for a solution but nothing works I called my ISP and the guy over the phone couldn t find anything wrong so they sent someone out and he couldn t find anything wrong and actually said the modem has a strong signal Well behold as soon as the guy leaves it happens Here is my ipconfig info when my internet is working Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ikthale-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ks cox net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL D D Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ks cox net Description Realtek RTL D D Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ddba b c f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday March PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E - - - - D- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ks cox net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server

Classic sign of an ISP issue. The disconnect is nothing you're doing, it's the modem, wiring, or the ISP.

Check the cable to the modem and make sure you're not getting power interruptions. Most of the time, this is an ISP issue.

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.911906/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys i got a problem i just to Server... connect DNS Cannot Primary installed my router but cannot connect to the internet as it show limited or no no connectivity I can connect through pppoe just fine I tried to diagnose the the problem but it says quot Cannot connect to primary DNS server I did a dns flush winsock reset and Tcp Ip stack Ill post my ipconfig all ISP Verizon Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium -bit Router Linksys WRT GS V with SpeedBooster And heres the ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Sam gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sams-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B-FC- F- B-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e b c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Cannot connect to Primary DNS Server... Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap myhome westell com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Sam gt Thanks Sam nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I have had the same problem for about a year now but it is now getting worse and very hard to live with My internet DNS Server Connect Cannot Primary with (192.168.0.1) connection constantly has this fault that I can only resolve by restarting everything over and over again until it fixes itself I have laptops in my household and an xbox all of which are Cannot Connect with Primary DNS Server (192.168.0.1) having the same problem Normally we connect to the internet fine but after about minutes we cannot access the internet although it says we are still connected The error message that appears is Cannot Connect with Primary DNS Server Sometimes the laptop may solve the problem but the majority of times this does not work I have tried all the suggestions the laptops suggest but none of these have had much success I have recently purchased a new router as I believed this to be the problem however this has had no success in solving the issue I would really appreciate some help or suggestions on how to solve this issue Thank you nbsp

A:Cannot Connect with Primary DNS Server (192.168.0.1)

Since all of the computers are having the same issue, I think we can stop looking at the computers. Clearly, this is a common failure point, the router, modem, or the ISP.

I'd start with the router and see if this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-with-primary-dns-server-192-168-0-1.910483/
Relevancy 52.89%

This laptop is fairly new and was a Christmas present to my younger sister It had been working on our home wireless connection just fine but for some reason suddenly stopped The router is a bit old but I know the problem isn t in the router because my brother is still receiving the wireless connection to his Wii My sister found that the wireless connection Server Communicate DNS with Cannot Primary switch on her computer had accidentally been turned off but turning it back on has not repaired the problem Right now I am getting internet by hooking up the computer directly to the router The computer fully recognizes the wireless network but cannot connect to the internet despite connecting to the network When I try to fix the problem I get the message quot cannot communicate with Primary DNS server quot I googled this hoping to find Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server a way to solve the problem Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server and found a very similar problem that was solved on this site http forums techguy org networking -solved-cannot-communicate-primary-dns html I tried to imitate the instructions in the above link by adding a DNS server I think that might perhaps fix the problem but I don t know which DNS server to add Below is the command prompt specifications of my computer that the link above suggested the user post If adding a server will indeed fix the problem please just tell me which server I need to add I already know how to add it If not I would appreciate it if you would work with me to restore the wireless capabilities Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users julieadmin gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name julieadmin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL B Wireless b g Mbp s USB Network Adapter Physical Address - - F-DE-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -D - C- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b a addb a b b Pref erred Site-local IPv Address fec a b b Preferred Temporary IPv Address b a addb a f f cebd a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February PM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - E- -D - C- F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b a addb b a addb Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

A:Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server

whats connected by cable on the above post - looks like a modem ?
is the router / modem connected up all OK

Is the firewall blocking access to wireless - switch off the firewall

I would go back into the wireless netwroks settings and set up to obtain all automatically

can you connect to the router by cable and work ?

Do you have wireless secruity enabled - it may be worth removing all the profiles and setting up again
Wireless Profiles
- Vista:
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
--

- XP
- delete the preferred networks
start
control panel
network connections
right click on the wireless connection listed
wireless networks tab
in the preferred network list
click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You will need to use working PC and copy to faulty PC
Download and install

Then run the program and post a screen shot of the program running
----------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.902275/
Relevancy 52.89%

When i try to use interent Exploer it gives me this error message Cannot communicate with Primary Dns Server(192.168.0.1). My comp tells me that i am connected to my wireless network but when i try to go online none of my Three browser work. Also i have been on the same wireless network for a year now and this is the first time this problem has happened

Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Please show while trying to connect by ethernet and wireless ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.843583/
Relevancy 52.89%

I was recently out of town and Cannot communicate Server Primary with DNS took my laptop with me Upon returning our apartment had a new modem I was able to connect wirelessly prior to leaving and had no problem connecting wirelessly while traveling but can not connect now that I'm back home I suspect it's DNS related but can't get Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server it Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server figured out Tech support at the ISP is not helping at all I have a Compaq Presario C the modem is a Cisco DPC All my settings are set to 'Automatic' I've tried all of the diagnostics resets unplugging etc to no avail Any help would be appreciated I really don't think this is an issue with my PC like my ISP is telling me Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe d cc e bfef IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe f c a f IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix

Welcome benpfiffner,

You need to tell me more. Is this a combo router/modem ? If so, you may need to access the router page and put your computer mac addy on the allowed list. Did this come with a password ? Post back so i may understand this better.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/292533-cannot-communicate-primary-dns-server.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey i am somewhat in need of help Cannot Server Communicate ... With Primary DNS I cannot fix this by myself and its really getting annoying Okay So it goes like this Nearly every month or so a certain error occurs Quote Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server I could live with the once a month but this month just topped it all Yesterday i had no internet at all because of our provider for one part and this error as well which just has to happen at the same time So moving on i got this error and today it must have happened at least each hour if not even less It is not just getting annoying but it is interfering with my activities such as gaming and skype etc So moving on to the good stuff Im not going Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server ... to be a dumbarss so here is a screenshot Zoomed on error Normal Screenshot Oh yeah and if i sound a bit harsh its because i could hit a wall right now So please if you can help me do so Edit Clicking Quote Automatically get new IP Settings for the new network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot Fixes the problem nearly of the times I just wish i knew what caused this so i can eliminate this sucker If there is anything i can do to give more information please tell me

A:Cannot Communicate With Primary DNS Server ...

I have same problem but cannot fix by "Automatically get new IP .... Connection"
Please need help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-443228.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have been trying to connect to the Internet Server communicate Primary DNS with Cannot via a wireless connection but keep receiving the above error None of the Windows solutions resolve the problem On Google Chrome I see a Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server screen saying This web page is not available and receive Error Unable to resolve the server s DNS address I cannot access Internet Explorer either The strange this is that this problem only seems to occur with some wireless networks as I can connect fine at home In certain places however I am told that I am connected but that accss is Local Only and I cannot open any browsers I need the problem resolved as soon as possible as I cannot access the internet where I need it most I am using a Compaq Presario A and Windows Vista Please make your answers as simple as possible as I am rubbish with computers as you can probably tell Any help would be much appreciated as I really want to get this resolved nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

i cannot connect to the internet. anytime i connect to my local wireless network it says:
Access: Local Only

i diagnosed the problem and it came up with the message "cannot communicate with primary dns server.." then it gave me the option to reset and i did this multiple times and it did nothing. plz help this is extremely frustrating

A:Cannot connect to primary dns server

Lets start here.
Open Device Manager and see if there are any red x's or yellow flags next to your network adapter. Next, open a command prompt, Windows Key + R, type cmd and then type the following without the quotes and paste all the results back here, "ipconfig /all". Also check, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283433-cannot-connect-primary-dns-server.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I'd appreciate any help regarding the periodic loss of Internet connectivity whilst using my Acer Aspire G laptop I connect via DNS Server Primary with communicate Cannot a Linksys WRT G wireless router Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server Everything has been fine up till about weeks back my Internet connection will go off approximately - times per hour Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server and I'd have to 'Diagnose and repair' my wireless connection with these messages frequently popping up please refer to screenshots I tried looking up other forums for possible solutions and ran ipconfig in command prompt as directed Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users User gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Mochadi Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Sony Ericsson Device USB Ethernet Emu lation NDIS Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Mochadi Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E -AF-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethern et Controller Physical Address -A -D -A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Could someone please advise on this constant problem Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Is there a reason you havent got your router set as your primary DNS server?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/243756-cannot-communicate-primary-dns-server.html
Relevancy 52.89%

dell desktop
windows vista

Every time I restart my computer or I wake it from sleep, I have to go into Network and Sharing Center. Once I am there I have to click on an "X" that is between Network 5 and Internet. Once I do that, this pops up:

cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (192.168.2.1)
Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response
Reset the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

I click where it says, "reset the network adapter 'Local Area Connection'" and the Internet will work fine until the computer is shut down, restart or goes into sleep mode.

Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

A:Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server (192.168.2.1)

you need to set a static ipv4 in adapter settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-192-168-2-1.1150215/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am having a sony vaio laptop Cannot with DNS server Primary communicate vista premium is running on it and a desktop in which windows xp professional is Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server there I am trying to connect internet via wired lan i am able to access Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server in my desktop but not in laptop can some one help me pleaseeeeeee I am currently in korea the same laptop when in india has worked fine where i used wired lan only Below are some more details ipconfig all for Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server my laptop Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name srinu-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd f c e bd ccf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E DF -F C - -A - br br A CE CE br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferre d Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address c c Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF- E - FA -BE - br br E D br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig all of my desktop which is working fine C WINDOWS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name maincom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - E- -FF- - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February A M I tried enableing disabling DHCP tried some resets using winsock command tried using open dns but still same error i am unable to turnoff on router as it is not under my control can some one please help me thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-457843.html
Relevancy 52.89%

having a bit of trouble. keep receiving this error on home system. have reset my router several times with no luck. Wi-Fi cuts in and out. have also disabled and re-enabled my network connection and still receive same message. not really very computer savvy so I am asking for other possible solutions. this problem seems a bit intermittent. some days working fine and others just cant get connection. any help would be appreciated. my cable company is trying to sell me some technical support to resolve it but thought I would check here first. router is fine according to cable company. please help!

A:can not communicate with primary dns server

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

Wi-Fi cuts in and out.Click to expand...

By this you mean it is as if you turn the router's radio on and off? The wireless LED also turns on and off?

Does ethernet work OK, or does it have the same intermittent problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.1103709/
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently set up our new Cisco Linksys E1000 router (we originally had a Belkin, but it is dying). It works perfectly fine on my desktop. However, there is only a "local connection" on my mom's laptop, a Toshiba Satellite running Vista. Diagnosis: Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server(68.105.28.12). I've read a bunch of other posts on many websites but so far nothing has helped. I'm not THAT good with computers, so you will have to help me step by step. Willing to give extra info. Please help, my mother is driving me crazy!

A:Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server(68.105.28.12)

Quick question so we can clarify.
Your system is connected and happy.
How does your mums connect. By wifi or Ethernet?

See your mums laptop is going to need to use the same DNS as you. Not sure why she has 68.105.28.12 directly in her DNS settings but, in a home environment we would put that in the modem, and then tell any computer the modems ip address.

So config modem, add your DNS etc there.
On your machine and your mums, set to automatic or assign your preferred ip, make sure gateway & dns are the modems ip address eg 10.0.0.134

When you send a request to say google, it goes to your modem, which then goes to the 68.105.28.12 DNS who then returns the ip that resolves www.gooogle.com

Have fun

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-68-105-28-12.1057615/
Relevancy 52.89%

When i try to access my wireless internet at home it connects to the router but cannot connect to the internet. The router is working correctly as other people are using it and it's working fine. When i try and diagnose problems it says:

Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (192.168.1.1)
(Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response)

Then there is an option to reset the network adaptor and when clicked it trys repairing it and then it says:

Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists. Cannot communicate with primary DNS server(192.168.1.1)

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi - prob a simple question:

If i have a domain with 3 sub nets - can i have a Primary DNS Server on Each Zone or Just on Primary DNS Server for the domain and Seconday DNS Servers for the other Sub nets

thanks

A:Solved: Primary DNS Server

You can pretty much have as many DNS servers as you like. More servers however means more traffic updating records between the servers and between the internet unless you only want each subnet to control it's own DNS without forwarding.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-primary-dns-server.461995/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am having a sony vaio laptop vista premium is running on it and a desktop in which windows xp professional is communicate DNS server Primary with Cannot there I am trying to connect internet via wired lan i am able to access in my desktop but not in laptop can some one help me pleaseeeeeee I am currently in korea the same laptop when in india has worked fine where i used wired lan only Below are some more details ipconfig all for my laptop Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name srinu-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd f c e bd ccf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server DNS Suffix Description isatap E DF -F C - -A - br br A CE CE br Physical Address - Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferre d Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address c c Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF- E - FA -BE - br br E D br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig all of my desktop which is working fine C WINDOWS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name maincom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - E- -FF- - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February A M I tried enableing disabling DHCP tried some resets using winsock command tried using open dns but still same error i am unable to turnoff on router as it is not under my control can some one please help me thanks in advance

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268431-cannot-communicate-primary-dns-server.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone I joined this site to see connect server. Primary Cannot DNS to if anyone can help me with my problem My Linksys WRT G has been giving me problems for the past months Cannot connect to Primary DNS server. and Cannot connect to Primary DNS server. after some research I see it happens alot on the Vista OS I contacted ATT but they told me since it wasn't their router they would have to charge me for minutes No thanks I can connect to the network but it is quot Local only quot not quot Local and Internet quot The connection is excellent and it says I'm connected but the internet still does not work The wired connection works fine which is how I'm able to connect right now This is my ipconfig when I'm trying to connect with wireless Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Acer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Acer-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ded a c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday April PM Lease Expires Tuesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix launchmodem com Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - -D -D - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F FC - DAC- C B- BD -A C DFCD br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap launchmodem com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Acer gt Someone please help me Thanks

A:Cannot connect to Primary DNS server.

Power Cycle your modem and router. Turn both router and modem off for 30 seconds. Turn the modem back on, wait for 30 seconds, and then turn the router back on for 30 seconds, and restart the computer/

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/275457-cannot-connect-primary-dns-server.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a similiar yet slightly different problem to the user adamblacky in this post http forums techguy org networking -solved-cannot-communicate-primary-dns html I m on a private home laptop with housemates We have around laptops accessing the same network and only have problems One s on vista and one s on windows The first one I want to fix is the vista laptop The different thing to adamblacky s problem is that both these laptops occasionally connect fine usually when they ve just been switched on for anywhere from secs to a few DNS communicate with Cannot Server Primary minutes or more then the connection drops out Right now I haven t been able to connect for a while with the vista one The error message I m getting is Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists Cannot communicate with Primary Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server DNS Server Here s the ipconfig all ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Windows IP Configuration Host Name Andrew-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - D-EC-A -BC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N Adapter Physical Address - - F- -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ba e f da ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - AM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E -EB- - -AE- - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -AE- - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F CEF - - D -A - D D br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C DE- F - -A -B E D AA br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The user Compaq had a fix for adamblacky which I ve put below Go into CONTROL PANEL Click on NETWORK CONNECTIONS You should see a WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION in there Right-Click on it and click PROPERTIES Find INTERNET PROTOCOL TCP IP in the list Click Prop... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

I've researched this fairly extensively over the past couple weeks and Primary DNS Cannot server Communicate with none of the solutions I've found online has worked for me My internet connection running Vista bit service pack I think randomly drops me Running the windows diagnose and repair option informs me that it can't communicate with the primary dns sever Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS server and advises me to reset the network adapter Doing so just leads in a circle as the same problem occurs until the Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS server connection appears to fix itself I'm currently using comcast and a motorola surfboard modem with a linksys wrtfg router to connect to my xbox Relevant IP information from the command prompt is Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e c e b d Link-local IPv Address fe c e b d f d Default Gateway I've tried disabling the IPv option manually assigning various DNS and IPs in the network connections removing the router from the network using a different modem called in a comcast technician who couldn't figure it out either used the command prompt to reset the IP and DNS and probably other things that I can't think of right now Help please

A:Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS server

And I just realized, like an idiot, that I probably posted this in the wrong section. The Network forums probably would have been better. My apologies.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server-431179.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been having problems with my internet connection over the past few days and i'm not really sure what else to do Whenever i try to connect to my wireless internet i connect and can surf the internet fine for about fifteen minutes or so afterwards it says i'm connected to the internet but web pages time out and i can go to no other websites and such Then my connection turns Problems DNS primary server the with to local only after diagnosing the problem several times i get the same message saying windows cannot connect to the primary dns server ive tried power cycling the modem and my router which connects me to the internet from about five minutes to an hour or so but the problem keeps repeating Also the computer which is connected directly to our broadband connection has been working fine all day except for when i try to connect and it seems to mess with the entire internet connection Im not really that computer savvy so i thought someone here knew of similar Problems with the primary DNS server problems ill try to provide what information i can give if you can tell me what i need to give

A:Problems with the primary DNS server

Hello jibbly,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

Try updating your network adapter's driver...
You can do this through the "device manager".

Type "device manager" into your Search bar,

go to Network adapters,

select the adapter by clicking it,

Click the "Action" tab and select "Update Driver Software"...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283283-problems-primary-dns-server.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Im having trouble connecting to the internet on my desktop pc. I have a wireless network and connect to it by PCI network card on my desktop and built in wireless on several laptops that are in the house. The internet on the laptops works fine and is fairly speedy.

However, for the past day the internet on my desktop has been incredibly slow and keeps timing out, i.e. not loading webpages, now its not connected at all, it just says local only. I tried to "diagnose and repair" and it gave me this error "cannot connect to primary DNS server (192.168.1.1)" which it could not repair automatically

Anyone got any idea how i can fix this?

A:Cannot connect to primary DNS server

I'm going to assume the 192.168.1.1 is the IP Address of your router and that is set to distribute DHCP.

Apart from the DNS Server are you successfully getting an IP Address?

Have you tried power cycling the router? It's amazing how many issues a power cycle can fix.

Also what is the router, it maybe a known issue that's possibly fixed by updated firmware.

Have you tried manually assigning the DNS Servers?

You could try an external DNS server such as -:

Good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/211728-cannot-connect-primary-dns-server.html