Windows Support Forum

Blue screen of death on normal boot up but no blue screen in safe mode ?

Q: Blue screen of death on normal boot up but no blue screen in safe mode ?

HI guys

When booting up my laptop in "last known good configuration" mode i keep getting the blue screen of death and the laptop freezes and cuts out and is very over heated. When i have booted up in "safe mode with networking" the latop is still over heating but it dosn't freeze or i don't get the blue screen of death. I am also limited to what i can doin safe mode.

Any ideas what the problem could be please chaps?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Blue screen of death on normal boot up but no blue screen in safe mode ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Blue screen of death on normal boot up but no blue screen in safe mode ?

Exact wording of BSOD error message?

System manufacturer and model?

Conditions/events which may have led to this?

When did problem begin?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489566/blue-screen-of-death-on-normal-boot-up-but-no-blue-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 110.36%

Hi there,
I am hoping someone can help me with the BSOD. Happened last night.

Computer is Dell 9100.

I cannot enter into safe mode, have run system diagnostics for problems with blue screen - all pass. Run system diagnostics for hard drive - all pass. Cannot boot from CD upon restart.

Changed boot sequence to CDrom first, Hard drive second. This will boot up the CD and allow me to do a system recovery/repair. When I hit "R" to repair, it says there is no hard drive. SO WEIRD!

I can get into Dell Recovery using CNTRL and F11, but that will wipe my hard drive.

Anyone have any ideas about what could be going on? I am trying to preserve the hard drive.

PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you very very much
Karly

A:Blue screen of death, no safe mode, cannot boot from cd

What is the first line of the BSOD...up to the point where the parenthesis starts?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295221/blue-screen-of-death-no-safe-mode-cannot-boot-from-cd/
Relevancy 109.12%

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any anti-virus disk defragmentation or backup utilities Check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP x x x A B xC x It would not allow me to start the computer in any safe mode or last good configuration I do not have the recovery cd boot in and Screen Blue of safe to unable mode Death but I do have the initial cds that came with laptop-windows software I can t get past the blue screen and when running diagnostics the express test came out fine while the detailed test came back with errors fail-error code f msg block Uncorrectable data error or media and error code f a Msg Block Uncorrectable data error Blue Screen of Death and unable to boot in safe mode or media Does anyone know a link to direct me to since I have a desktop I can use to assist thanks in advance

A:Blue Screen of Death and unable to boot in safe mode

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19253408.aspxI'm assuming that the system is a Dell. The detailed/long diagnostic provides the best indication of problems because it is more thorough than the short diagnostic.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287806/blue-screen-of-death-and-unable-to-boot-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 109.12%

I have a Sony VGC VA1 running Windows XP Pro Media. When I switch on I get the blue screen saying a problem has been detected. Various error codes beginning 0x000, but these seem to change. Unable to start in safe mode and unable to recover from recovery discs. System tries and recognises the recovery disc, but ends up back at the blue screen. Please has anyone any ideas what I can try next. If so would be eternally grateful, but please bear in mind I am a complete beginner. Many thanks in advance

Relevancy 109.12%

I believe the problem started when I let my lenovo boot optimizer, which I always skipped until now, run its full course.

Computer attempts to start windows but fails, gives blue screen of death and restarts automatically.

Safe mode gives the same error.

Tried all options next to safe mode to no avail.

tried Windows start up repair - can't fix the problem

tried Command prompt bootrec.exe - can't fix the problem. DISKPART says all partitions and volumes are healthy, and it seems like it is not a hardware problem.

I have a backup, but it's on Crashplan... I can't access it until I can login to crashplan. I'm about to install ubuntu, and see if I can retrieve to an old backup through Ubuntu. Any better ideas?

A:Windows 7 Won't Boot - Blue Screen O' Death - no Safe Mode

stop parameter: STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF880009AA000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF800036C26DA, 0x00000000000000000)

Also under a problem has been detected in the Blue screen:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wont-boot-blue-screen-o-death-no-safe-mode.1163284/
Relevancy 107.88%

My computer was working fine until this morning I haven't recently installed any new hardware or software It boots up normally except about seconds into the Windows XP logo splash screen I get a Blue Screen of Death with a message that says a bunch of general stuff about whether or Screen & logo either CD No WinXP of on Safe Death Boot Re: Blue up. mode not this is the first time this has happened etc and gives me the error Stop x F x x x x Then it automatically reboots and eventually does the same thing again I've gone into advanced windows options Re: Blue Screen of Death on WinXP logo & CD Boot up. No Safe mode either with F during boot up and tried going into every different kind of Re: Blue Screen of Death on WinXP logo & CD Boot up. No Safe mode either Safe Mode When I try going through safe mode I get through a bunch of files then it asks me to hit ESC Re: Blue Screen of Death on WinXP logo & CD Boot up. No Safe mode either if I want to skip loading SPTD SYS regardless of whether I do or not it reboots a few seconds after The worst part of this is that when I try booting from my Windows XP CD it initially goes into the Windows XP CD Boot Up Screen and begins loading all the various drivers and such at the bottom of the screen and asking my to hit F if I want to load seperate RAID drivers or whatever finally it gets through all the files and says at the bottom and then says quot Starting Windows quot and after a bit it gives me the same blue screen of death So I can't even use the Windows XP CD to just reinstall windows on my HD Anyone have any ideas on this

A:Re: Blue Screen of Death on WinXP logo & CD Boot up. No Safe mode either

Sure you dont have a virus? Sounds like it to me, or a bad harddrive.
Are or were you running any antivirus/malware software, and was it
up to date?...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/re-blue-screen-of-death-on-winxp-logo-and-cd-boot-up-no-safe-mode-either-384341.html
Relevancy 107.88%

My computer was working fine until this morning I haven t recently installed any new hardware or software It boots up normally except about seconds into the Windows XP logo splash screen I get a Blue Screen of Death with a message that says a bunch of general stuff about whether or not this is the first time this has happened etc and gives me the error Stop x F x x x x Then it automatically reboots and eventually on up. & Screen Death CD of Blue WinXP Boot either No logo Safe mode does the same thing again I ve gone into advanced windows options with F during boot up and tried going into every different kind Blue Screen of Death on WinXP logo & CD Boot up. No Safe mode either of Safe Mode When I try going through safe mode I get through a bunch of files then it asks me to hit ESC if I want to skip loading SPTD SYS Blue Screen of Death on WinXP logo & CD Boot up. No Safe mode either regardless of whether I do or not it reboots a few seconds after The worst part of this is that when I try booting from my Windows XP CD it initially goes into the Windows XP CD Boot Up Screen and begins loading all the various drivers and such at the bottom of the screen and asking my to hit F if I want to load seperate RAID drivers or whatever finally it gets through all the files and says at the bottom and then says quot Starting Windows quot and after a bit it gives me the same blue screen of death So I can t even use the Windows XP CD to just reinstall windows on my HD Anyone have any ideas on this nbsp

A:Blue Screen of Death on WinXP logo & CD Boot up. No Safe mode either

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-on-winxp-logo-cd-boot-up-no-safe-mode-either.834281/
Relevancy 101.68%

i have two questions first sophos antivirus found at least four trojans Clicker-EK Dorf-G Dlena-A Clickr-AB and i really don t know how it even contracted those things I haven t gone to any mysterious websites outside the ones I usually visit What can I do to prevent them from even getting into my computer i m guessing i need a better firewall cuz my sophos antivirus doesn t seem to have real-time prevention second and most important my computer s been blue screening me frequently and it s so frustrating previously it got infected with brave sentry spy sheriff and i think it s all gone but lately i keep getting the blue screen In Mode + Trojans, Blue Screen Trouble Normal Death Of of death and it forces my computer to restart i can never catch what the blue screen says but after it restarts the windows error popup shows and asks me to send an error report to microsoft the error report content says it s about quot Mini - dmp and sysdata xml quot and when i send it it takes me to this page that says i have a quot device driver error quot they don t Trojans, Blue Screen Of Death + Trouble In Normal Mode have a fix for it but i was wondering if you all could give me some insight it s really frustrating to be in normal mode because i can anticipate the blue screen of death forcing me to restart thank you

A:Trojans, Blue Screen Of Death + Trouble In Normal Mode

See this link:How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!With regards to the BSOD, next time it happens copy down the error message (including all the numbers) and post it back here. That will help people indentify the cause of the problem.Another tip is to supplement your antivirus with occasional online scans, such as HouseCall.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93340/trojans-blue-screen-of-death-trouble-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 100.13%

Hi, 2 days ago I downloaded a windows update onto my packard bell netbook. When I try to restart my netbook it starts up as usual then says, continue with system resume and delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu. When I press Continue with system resume, the BSOD appears. So, I restarted my netbook multiple times and then tried to access safe mode - the problem is, the blue screen of death appears before I get the option of putting it into safe mode.

If I've left anything out I'm sorry, I'm a major technophobe.

Please can anyone help me?

Thanks anyway!

G

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343911/blue-screen-of-death-cant-get-into-safe-mode/
Relevancy 99.51%

So my laptop only starts up in safe mode and when I try to access it through normal startup, a blue screen appears for a short amount of time and then attempts to startup again going on and on in a never ending cycle.

However, I got it running on safe mode and ran Malwaebytes Anti-Malware on safe mode (with networking). However, it didn't pick up anything wrong. What can I do to fix this???

A:Vista only starts in Safe Mode and blue screen appears in normal mode

Hi There ghostOnthestage!For a rather lengthy but very informative article on stop errors and what may possibly cause them go here: http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html Perhaps this will help a bit until someone more knowledgeable on this subject can come along. Good luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222740/vista-only-starts-in-safe-mode-and-blue-screen-appears-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 99.51%

Hey,

I am having a problem with a laptop, I am getting a blue screen when starting in normal mode, but if I start in safe mode it starts up and logs in fine.

I am not being told what is causing a problem, just to uninstall any new programs/hardware, but nothing has been installed at all.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks for any help :)

A:Starting up fine in safe mode but blue screen with normal mode

Go here Windows Vista/7 BOSD Posting instructions follow all instructions to the letter, using all tools illustrated. Then proceed to the next steps by posting your logs. Keep your posts and logs (logs mini dumps etc...) in BOSD, App crashes, and hangs.

Be patient they get a lot of inquires. Someone will be along to help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/starting-up-fine-in-safe-mode-but-blue-screen-with-normal-mode-674605.html
Relevancy 98.89%

I'm getting the blue screen of death a few seconds in to booting windows xp (32bit). It was working fine last night and i left it on to go into another room and when i came back the blue screen message had appeared and has done ever since. Stop code is : 0.0000008E

When i run in safe mode to code is 0.00000050 and i get the error message page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

All my uni work is on this computer so I really need to get it back! Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Clare

A:Blue screen of death help? Cannot start in safe mode

Go Here ----> "STOP 0x00000050" or "STOP 0x0000008e" and follow the step set out by MS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-help-cannot-start-in-safe-mode.872691/
Relevancy 98.89%

I'm getting the blue screen of death a few seconds in to booting windows xp (32bit). It was working fine last night and i left it on to go into another room and when i came back the blue screen message had appeared and has done ever since. Stop code is : 0.0000008E

When i run in safe mode to code is 0.00000050 and i get the error message page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

All my uni work is on this computer so I really need to get it back! Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Clare

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-help-cannot-start-in-safe-mode.872681/
Relevancy 98.89%

Im not really that great with computers so bare with me here. I recently cleaned my computer of a virus but I'm pretty sure it messed up some of my drivers because I got the blue screen of death. I got some kind of message saying which one it was and I was going to fix it but then I got the blue screen again, only this time I was unable to get back on my computer. I tried using safe mode but I got the screen yet again and my computer just restarted. If I could just get back on my computer I'm sure I could fix it, but I can't. I really have no clue what to do, please help. And again, I'm not that great with computers so please try to explain things simply. Thank you.

A:Blue Screen of Death, can't open in safe mode

Post the BSOD error message that you are receiving.

Do you have the Windows re-installation disc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-cant-open-in-safe-mode-624517.html
Relevancy 98.89%

IntroI picked up a pretty nasty virus of some sort yesterday and while I'm used to getting rid of spyware and malware I've never encountered anything like this before and I'm at a complete loss for what to do Computer Specs I'm running Windows XP with SP on a GHz Dell Synopsis of the ProblemYesterday I was browsing through some websites when all of a sudden windows Safe Gives Mode Blue I of Screen Virus When Try Death Me informed me that it Virus Gives Me Blue Screen of Death When I Try Safe Mode was restarting itself From that point forward as soon as I would boot up the computer and launch the internet connection and browser the computer would start to freeze up This is not the typical 'computer slowing down due to spyware' type deal though Rather the computer just freezes up and any programs that are running start becoming nonresponsive although I can still move the mouse for some reason Now once it gets to this point where the programs have become nonresponsive but I can still move the mouse if I click the screen a few times randomly then the computer totally locks up and the tower starts emitting a long beeping noise and the mouse stops moving at which point I am forced to press the power button and turn it off I realized that I had some sort of virus or trojan and I tried to do some scans with the typical programs Malwarebytes TrendMicro Spybot but they would always either A freeze up before completing the scan or complete the scan without finding anything I tried restarting in Safe Mode but when I do this I get the blue screen of death almost immediately that says quot A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you've seen this message quot quot Technical information STOP x E xc x AA B xBA c c xBA C quot At that point I just have to shut it down What is interesting is that I also get this blue screen sometimes now when I do things like run a full MalwareBytes scan or once when I closed TrendMicro from the taskbar Steps I've Taken to Fix the Problem Ran MalwareBytes quick scan - found only one minor looking trojan file attached to Internet Explorer which is odd since I don't use IE Ran MalwareBytes full scan - Unable to complete the full scan as I always get the blue screen of death before it finishes The first time I did the full scan it seemed like it found one thing but then stalled out hours into the scan with error The second time I ran a full Malwarebytes scan I went to sleep and when I woke up it was on the blue screen of death saying that it had to shut down the computer in order to avoid doing further damage to it Spybot - Found nothing Superantispyware - found two minor files but nothing major when I did a full scan and a quick scan Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security - found nothing on full scan One of the issues is that I have problems completing full scans since the programs often freeze up after being on for more than minutes Combofix - I got desperate at one point and tried to run ComboFix on my own as I had done earlier last year but the program wont even launch It opens the command prompt window like its about to launch but then it closes a second later RootRepealROOTREPEAL AD - Scan Start Time Program Version Version Windows Version Windows XP SP Drivers-------------------Name rootrepeal sysImage Path C WINDOWSsystem driversrootrepeal sysAddress xB CC Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Hidden Locked Files-------------------Path Volume C Status MBR Rootkit Detected Path C hiberfil sysStatus Locked to the Windows API SSDT------------------- Function Name NtCreateKeyStatus Hooked by quot PCTCore sys quot at address xb e d Function Name NtCreateProcessStatus Hooked by quot PCTCore sys quot at address xb e c Function Name NtCreateProcessExStatus Hooked by quot PCTCore sys quot at address xb e c Function Name NtDeleteKeyStatus Hooked by quot PCTCore sys quot at address xb e dd Function Name NtDeleteValueKeyStatus Hooked by quot... Read more

A:Virus Gives Me Blue Screen of Death When I Try Safe Mode

I was eventually able to find a workaround for my problem, and just in case anyone else ends up on this thread because they are trying to figure out how to fix a similar issue on their computer, this is what I did:

The breakthrough came when I saw a reference to a program on this forum called Flash Disinfect, by Subs, the same author of Combofix. For whatever reason this program was able to catch about 10 malware programs that were running on my computer and then remove them.

Prior to this point I was paralyzed because my computer would freeze up before I could complete any malware scans with other programs. I couldn't run a full scan of Malwarebytes, Spybot, Combofix, etc. I could hardly even run DDS and RootRepeal in order to generate the reports for this forum (it took me like 10 attempts). I couldn't even restart in safe mode.

However, once I ran the Flash Disinfect program for some reason my system started to stabilize, at least enough that I could then run Combofix. Combofix seems to have caught a rootkit, probably the one mentioned in the root repeal report above, as well as a number of other sketchy looking programs on my system. From that point forward it was just a matter of sweeping up the aftermath with full scans from Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and Avira (all of which picked up different things).

At this point I'm still in the process of running additional scans and fully disinfecting that computer, so I'm still not even using it yet, but I'm pretty sure that the worst of it is over, and I breathed a huge sigh of relief in the realization that I wasn't going to have to wipe my hard drive after all.

While I didn't get any direct help from people on this forum, I did want to thank bleepingcomputer since I did in fact find the fix that eventually worked by reading through past threads here. I realize that you guys are incredibly busy, and I have no idea how you keep on top of all of the requests that you get, but thanks for all of the time and effort you put into it. Keep up the good work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283357/virus-gives-me-blue-screen-of-death-when-i-try-safe-mode/
Relevancy 97.96%

Even in safe mode I have some problems. Internet explorer restarts or windows explorer.

I have already cleaned out the inside of my computer and the fan .

I have already formatted the C drive and re-installed Vista. What can the problem be?

Also it doesn't allow me to install Updates, it usually gets an error message saying something like Internet Module or Host was closed. When I start Windows normally I usually hear the computer loading a lot, especially if I try to install a program or watch a video. And it crashes when I'm doing too much activity or sometimes just when im not doing anything

My computer is 3 years old. I have 3 Primary drives , from what I saw , the C D and E. And I have 1 external hard drive which I have turned off.

A:Vista works in Safe mode but crashes and gets blue screen in normal

***** Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (or http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic28744.html)Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.***** A. If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option AB. If you have only one RAM stick installed......run memtest...1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-....iso.zip file.3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-....iso file.4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive. 6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:8. Locate memtest86+-....iso file, and click Open button.9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run. The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.The following image is the test results area:The most important item here is the ?errors? line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/301468/vista-works-in-safe-mode-but-crashes-and-gets-blue-screen-in-normal/
Relevancy 97.96%

OK, ill try and make this short and sweet. A week ago my computer's power supply went out. I got a new power supply and now having issues. When I startup my computer regularly, it gets to my desktop and within 30 seconds or so of completely booting up (random, sometimes not even that far) I get the blue screen error and it reboots. This cycle will go on forever.

I am however, able to F8 and go into system restore, etc and the computer will stay powered on there forever. In fact, I am writing this post while in Safe Mode with networking.  But I am unable to actually run system restore. It will end up giving me an error no matter which system restore point I try and run.

anyone have any ideas? Really need to get this back up and running ASAP as I use it for work 

A:Blue Screen Death on startup, but fine in Safe Mode

Do a Clean Boot and see if this is related to a Service or Startup item.

***This is a diagnotic tool for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.  This will not repair your computer, but it may point to where the problem lies so that a repair can be made.***

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Step 1

(1)  Click on the Start orb, then type msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files box.  

(2)  When msconfig is seen in the pane above the search box and under Programs, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation. 

Step 2

(1)  Click on the General tab.   

(2)  Click the Selective startup option. 

(3)  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box. 

Step 3

(1)  Click on the Services tab. 

(2)  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running. 

(3)  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list, then click on Apply, then OK.  Click on Restart in the window that opens.

Caution:  I repeat, by disabling the Services your antivirus will not be active, for this reason I suggest that this process not be run while online.

If the problem does not reoccur after the reboot this means that there is a Service which is causing this proble, continue with the process of elemination to find the Service which is causing this in Option A.  If the problem does reoccur after the reboot go to Option B.

Option A

**The following is a process of elimination to find the Service or Startup item that is causing your problem**.  

*  If the problem does not reoccur after the restart go back to Services and place check marks in half of the boxes and restart the computer.  

*  If the problem still does not continue return to Services and remove the check marks that were added, then place check marks in the remaining half of the boxes and restart the computer.

If the problem resumes after a restart in one of these halves, you will procede with this process in the half where the problem occurs.  If this does not continue in either half you should repeat this process in Sartup. 

*  In the half of the Services that the problem is found, remove one check mark at a time and restart the computer to see if that  is the Service causing the problem.  Continue to do this with the Services untill the service causing this problem is  found.

Option B

Search Startup itmesIf the problem is not found in Services, remove all of the check marks, click on the Startup tab and repeat the search process there.

Caution:  If this is a laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.

If this problem is found post the Service or Startup item that is causing it. 

When you are finished using the Clean Boot go back to System Configuration and click on the General, then click on Normal Startup, click on OK, then restart your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551137/blue-screen-death-on-startup-but-fine-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 97.96%

Thank you so much for your help.  I've gone through this site before and have been so happy with you all.  I have a blue screen of death on my computer using Windows XP.  I've tried to push F8 and start in safe modes multiple times but nothing works.  I saved Vipre Rescue to a flash drive and to a DVD but cannot get either to load. Please help me.  I have time sensitive things on this computer and need to recover.  

A:Blue Screen of death-can't start in safe mode, Windows XP

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561489 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561489/blue-screen-of-death-cant-start-in-safe-mode-windows-xp/
Relevancy 97.96%

OK, ill try and make this short and sweet. A week ago my computer's power supply went out. I got a new power supply and now having issues. When I startup my computer regularly, it gets to my desktop and within 30 seconds or so of completely booting up (random, sometimes not even that far) I get the blue screen error and it reboots. This cycle will go on forever.

I am however, able to F8 and go into system restore, etc and the computer will stay powered on there forever. In fact, I am writing this post while in Safe Mode with networking. 

I have run hijack this and attached is my results. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

A:Blue Screen Death on startup, but fine in Safe Mode

Greetings and to BleepingComputer,
My name is xXToffeeXx, but feel free to call me Toffee if it is easier for you. I will be helping you with your malware problems.

A few points to cover before we start:
Do not run any tools without being instructed to as this makes my job much harder in trying to figure out what you have done.
Make sure to read my instructions fully before attempting a step.
If you have problems or questions with any of the steps, feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Please follow the topic by clicking on the "Follow this topic" button, and make sure a tick is in the "receive notifications" and is set to "Instantly". Any replies should be made in this topic by clicking the "Reply to this topic" button.
Important information in my posts will often be in bold, make sure to take note of these.
I will attempt to reply as soon as possible, and normally within 24 hours of your reply. If this is not possible or I have a delay then I will let you know.
I will bump a topic after 3 days of no activity, and then will give you another 2 days to reply before a topic is closed. If you need more time than this please let me know.
Lets get going now
==========================

Hi 00bolt,

Run this program from safe mode:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
 Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
Press the Scan button.
When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.
Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

--------------

To recap, in your next reply I would like to see the following. Make sure to copy & paste them unless I ask otherwise:
FRST.txt
Addition.txt
xXToffeeXx~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551136/blue-screen-death-on-startup-but-fine-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 97.96%

I'm on Windows Vista. I got the blue screen a few times. It rebooted, attempted system dump, repair, etc. I finally tried rebooting in safe mode. Nothing worked. I then used my brother's laptop, came to this (amazing, wonderful, saved my old computer in my college days!) site and tried to do some research before I posted with an inane question. I did this as suggested by a moderator:
Try this

1. Reboot the PC tapping F8

2. From the options select 'Last Known Good Configuration'NOT WORKING. Rebooting in safe mode won't even let me access the internet. It's been "identifying" the connection but I can't get online to run a Hijack This log or ANYTHING.

Any help, advice, etc. MUCH APPRECIATED!

A:Blue Screen of Death, Safe Mode won't even access Internet!

hi i think you may need to try a start up repair.however before that did you choose safe mode with networking.have you tried running sfc/scnw http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...c-command.html or chkdsk http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-v...windows-vista/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-safe-mode-wont-even-access-internet-377224.html
Relevancy 97.96%

Hi My wife has a Windows vista down of mode death and safe spontaneous screen in - shut even Blue SP bit computer which has been sluggish for months - sometimes really bad other times just a nuissance Yesterday I was trying to install Catalyst AMD suite for my video card and teh installation got partway through and said installation failed The Blue screen of death - and spontaneous shut down even in safe mode installer wouldn't let me click it closed and CTL ALT DEL didn't bring me to windows manager so I had to do a hard shutdown with the powerbutton which is often the only way to shut that computer Following that I've gotten several blue screens of death I took out the hard drive and transferred all the important data to this computer Found the old Windows Vista disks and thought I'd do a fresh install since the system had been having problems anyway Was able to boot into safemode - but computer then shuts down fairly quickly within - seconds or so and this is now happening every time The fan is running and doesn't feel particularly hot in case though happy to check temp if someone could tell me how - that is if I can boot into safe mode with network connection - and didn't shut down before download instsall of software finished Any advice would be much appreciated Note - I had also scanned the hard drive to see if it had a problem and on separate occasions the computer powered itself down part way through the test though everything had passed up till that point I scanned the hard drive when it was connected to my other computer via BlacX by thermaltake - and didn't find any problems Thanks for any help

A:Blue screen of death - and spontaneous shut down even in safe mode

Im not an expert but have you scanned for viruses, malware, trojans

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519034/blue-screen-of-death-and-spontaneous-shut-down-even-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 97.96%

I have no idea what caused this All scans show my computer as being clean My CPU usage is after opening a web browser and stays that way after its closed When I try and boot into safe mode it freezes before WinXP finishes Freezes! Screen Safe Of WinXP Mode Blue Death, loading drivers before the login screen when the screen its still in WinXP Blue Screen Of Death, Safe Mode Freezes! text mode Every time I turn off my computer the End Program window pops up and it s rarely ever able to end the program Usually I have to terminate whatever it was so I can shut the computer down Last night when I attempted to shut the computer down it gave me a blue text mode screen telling me that a serious error had occurred that the system was corrupted and that I would have to restart the computer to see if WinXP could recover It did and it gave me a link to a microsoft website which told me to backup all my files WinXP Blue Screen Of Death, Safe Mode Freezes! OS WinXP Pentium GHZ Mem GB Ram Video Nvidia GeForce GS XT latest drivers installed This morning I ve everything SQL related because it wasn t being used any more There is a System restore file but it was made before removing the SQL programs Will restoring my computer to that point damage my computer or system registry nbsp

A:WinXP Blue Screen Of Death, Safe Mode Freezes!

Download Process Explorer:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/processexplorer.html

Start it up BEFORE you launch the browser. When you start the browser, quickly minimize it and watch the results on the Process Explorer screen.

This should identify the culprit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-blue-screen-of-death-safe-mode-freezes.560651/
Relevancy 97.96%

I recently got the winhost exe virus on my laptop Booting to windows was working fine it loads into windows and ran fine except screen trying of blue in to windows death mode start safe gives some programs were running slow But this virus has disabled my virus protection programs and does not allow me to run any exe files saying that quot the file is not a valid win file quot It prohibits or does not allow me to go to a different restore point and most importantly run in safe mode I get a blue screen of death saying the computer has an error virus or hard drive problem and shuts down when I tried to run in safe mode using the lt f gt key In order to run in safemode windows gives blue screen of death trying to start in safe mode some other technitian told me to go run prompt type msconfig select the middle tab on top check on safe boot box click apply restart Hoping windows gives blue screen of death trying to start in safe mode this would bypass the virus and go into safemode this is what I did Now I can not start the computer because every time it loads windows the system wants to go into safemode which the virus will not allow Please help me reconfig my windows so it starts again I have tried all the options on the boot option screen when pressing lt f gt and none worked Is there a way to windows gives blue screen of death trying to start in safe mode load windows again without reinstalling nbsp

A:windows gives blue screen of death trying to start in safe mode

Welcome to TSG....

Do you have the recovery disk set for this Dell computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-gives-blue-screen-of-death-trying-to-start-in-safe-mode.687843/
Relevancy 96.72%

Hello Im running -Notebook Pc -amd turion x dual-core mobile processor rm- ghz mb L cache -webcam - gb rpm Hard Drive - mb ddr sdram Dimm -LightScribe Super Multi x dvd rw with double layer support -ATI Radeon HD graphics with shared graphics memory - b g WLAN - -in- digital media reader - -Cell Lithium-Ion Battery Problem Every time in turn on my computer a blue screen shows up for a few seconds real quick at start up then it restarts the computer and does it again I tried going to safe mode but same thing happens as well I tried pressing F for advance startup options but they did not help as well Therefore i cannot repair my computer on safe mode because the blue screen shows up all the time i tried checking diagnosis check for Disk access let safe Wont Of mode Solved: Screen Death Blue me check Start up check etc please help im really desperate on getting my files back Additional I tried inserting the OS cd to repair it but once done loading it restarts the computer and goes back to the same loop again with the blue screen Im also using a laptop so it would be hard to change the different parts of the hardware pls help I would be very happy if you can find a solution for this problem nbsp

Relevancy 96.41%

I m having a problem with my Dell Dimension running Windows XP I have an g Maxtor HD as my main drive and a g WD secondary drive When I attempt to boot I get a blue screen with the message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is he first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again Screen Can't Black Blue (Standard Screen w/cursor Mode), boot then XP Windows Safe or follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen hardware vendorm for any BIOS updates Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF BB B xF E AO xF E AO FLTMGR SYS - Address F BB B base at F A DateStamp daAs far as the info in the message I see this screen with the same info everytime I rebooted As far as disk space my main drive is g aand I have about g of free space I m not sure if anything in the message refers to drivers Not sure how to change video adapters when I can t get into Windows Standard Mode or Safe Mode Also not sure how to deal with any of the BIOS suggestions or even know if it s a good idea to mess with it Again I cannot even boot to Safe Mode It takes me to the same Blue Screen message I have been able to boot from the CD I get to the Windows Setup screen it loads files It then says it s Starting Windows then takes me to the Windows XP Home Edition Setup It gives me the choices To set up Window XP now press Enter To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R To quit Setup without installing Windows XP press F I pressed R and in the Recovery Console it shows C WINDOWSI press as this is the only Windows installation I have It then takes me to the Command Prompt C WINDOWS gt I have run CHKDSK and got this message The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked Use p if you want to check the volume anyway kb total disk space kb are available bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk I have also run CHKDSK r and it found and fixed one or more errors After I exited and tried to reboot from the HD and got the same BSOD with same message I don t know if this is a virus or hardware software problem I do have Malwarebytes Anti-Virus and Norton on the PC but without Windows XP I m not sure how to run them I have also booted from Hirems Boot CD and have run all the hardware tests checked HDs memory video etc I could and have found no problems Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Dave

A:Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen

mod bump

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385215/cant-boot-windows-xp-standard-or-safe-mode-black-screen-wcursor-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 95.79%

The machine is a Dell Optiplex 210L. I know the hardware is fine because I put the drive inside another of the exact model and it did the same thing. I have no idea what the history is of the machine is- it's my friend's and she's not tech savvy.STOP 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x80A07CEI, 0XF8956C30, 0xF895692C)
ntoskrnl.exe - Address 80A07CE0 base at 80A01000, DateStamp 539d7a75

A:Blue Screen Of Death: Stop 0x0000007e ntoskrnl.exe (cannot access safe mode)

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556724/blue-screen-of-death-stop-0x0000007e-ntoskrnlexe-cannot-access-safe-mode/
Relevancy 95.79%

my problem somthing, safe into get mode, screen blue redirecting, death of with browser cant Infected has been getting worse over the past few days I am usually very good at removing this stuff Infected with somthing, browser redirecting, cant get into safe mode, blue screen of death but for some reason this one is giving me trouble I have run malwarebytes and does not pick up anything when i go to IE and search on an engine the results i click on send me to other pages i cannot get into safe mode give me the blue screen of death now other programs are not letting me in outlook etc please help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by denhom at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Documents and Settings denhom Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ebcusa com uDefault Page URL hxxp companywebBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLLBHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllBHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllTB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllEB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exemRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRunmRun ccApp quot c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe quot mRun vptray c progra symant VPTray exemRun LogMeIn GUI quot c program files logmein x LogMeInSystray exe quot mPolicies-explorer NoWelcomeScreen x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dllIE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLDPF D E-EE - DF - FAF-DEDF E - hxxp ebcdesbs connectcomputer nshelp dllDPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cabDP... Read more

A:Infected with somthing, browser redirecting, cant get into safe mode, blue screen of death

anyone?anyone?===========Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take several days, up to two weeks perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.Thank you for understanding.Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289303/infected-with-somthing-browser-redirecting-cant-get-into-safe-mode-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 94.24%

I picked up another Google redirect virus so I went into SafeMode to run some of the programs recommended in this forum Now I cannot run Safe Mode or boot up at all Anytime I try to boot XP I receive the Blue Screen of Death and a STOP x E message What I ve done so far I ve gone into BIOS setup and tried to disable caching or shadowing as suggested in the error message but there s no option to do so I ve also entered Recovery Console did chkdsk r Problem persists after scan XP came preloaded and I do not have any disks I do however have a USB drive and access to another PC so fortunately I can download whatever I need I also know cannot of any XP death in boot blue persistent screen mode, how to boot from the USB I am on a friend s mini that does not have XP cannot boot in any mode, persistent blue screen of death a CD ROM so burning any files to a CD is not an option Any assistance is greatly appreciated

A:XP cannot boot in any mode, persistent blue screen of death

Hello,can you run HJT/DDS fro there?Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 thru 8 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.Let me know if it went OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275410/xp-cannot-boot-in-any-mode-persistent-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 93.62%

Hi so I am having problems with my computer About hours ago when startup? mode I boot at shuts Blue lines Screen normal in off I had left my computer running for around hours in complete inactivity and when I started using it the screen froze and turned off Deciding to turn it manually off I then found vertical blue lines appearing on the windows screen as it started up This just got worse as the screen went totally black Blue lines at startup? Screen shuts off when I boot in normal mode but the computer Blue lines at startup? Screen shuts off when I boot in normal mode kept running I assume this is not a hardware problem because I am typing this now on safe mode with networking and there is no blue lines I already ran some steps of my own before asking for help from this website with avg superantispyware combofix malewarebytes and a temporary file cleaner by old timer The found some viruses and spyware which they deleted I haven t seen now if my computer can boot in normal mode now because I fear it might get infected again P S I think I followed the instructions for the GMER scan mostly right but I m kind of confused on the part if I don t get the message that the tool warns of rootkit activity What should be checked on the right hand side then cause mine didn t include c drive the drive I have information on checked One more thing a year ago a dell on the phone tech support guy made me create a totally different partition or operating system on my computer where I have had to choose xp version A the old one or version B the one that I am having problems with right now everytime I turn on the computer Could this somehow be the cause for why I am getting blue lines at the startup On xp version A I remember the problem was that I got the error message driver not less or equal but I haven t opened it for years now and I have been choosing version b fine till now Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Nicolas My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http isearch avg com cid C C C -C B- - C B- FA C amp mid b ddc d c d eeb d- d f d b eba d b ee b amp lang us amp ds AVG amp pr pa amp d - - amp v amp sap hp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper... Read more

A:Blue lines at startup? Screen shuts off when I boot in normal mode

The main problem with my computer not being able to load and the vertical blue lines was solved. The video card indeed appeared to be burned out or malfunctioning.
There was as a result no virus affecting my system.
In case anybody is reading the main way you can use to see if theirs a virus or your video card is malfunctioning is by running video tests or if any lines appear on the dell logo because viruses usually affect your system after the dell logo loads and when windows starts to load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-lines-at-startup-screen-shuts-off-when-i-boot-in-normal-mode.1083816/
Relevancy 93%

I am trying to help my mom with her laptop.  She has an Acer with a 1.6 ghz Intel Celron processor, 1.6 g of ram, Windows XP Professional service pack 3.  When attempting to boot the computer we get a blue screen that says:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Technical information:
Stop: 0x00000050 (0xF0E50100, 0x00000000, 0x805393c2, 0x00000000)

She has been experiencing this problem for a couple of months, but this is the first time that I have been able to visit.  I tried to use System Restore to the earliest date available (August), and it reported that the system was restored, but we still get the blue screen.

A:Blue screen - can only boot in Safe mode

Have you tried using the Windows XP Disk to "Repair" her setup ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518510/blue-screen-can-only-boot-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 93%

I am a computer novice and when I try and startup my computer, I get a Blue Screen which flashes briefly so I can read what it says. If I press F8 it allows me to get into safe mode with networking. The computer which is windows xp occasionally lets me reboot in regular mode but very seldom and it will usually go haywire for some reason in regular mode and shutdown when this happens. Where do I start to remedy this problem? Thanks for all responses in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-can-only-boot-in-safe-mode.563990/
Relevancy 93%

I was just tried turning on my computer and I got the blue screen:

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE
or its log or alternate
It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I tried booting it on safe mode and I still got the same thing. Recently I donwloaded a registry cleaner called registry doctor, and I downloaded some movies on limewire. What can I do to fix this?

Relevancy 93%

Hello, I had some problems with my computer that lead me to have to boot in safe mode F8 wasn't working so I changed the boot in system configuration to boot in safe mode minimal. Restarted went to boot in safe mode and it blue screened. Now I'm stuck with boot to safe mode blue screen loop. Is there anyway to change it back to boot windows normally?

Also there is no way I can see what the blue screen says as its gone in a blink of the eye.

I'm on windows 7 ultimate.

Thanks

A:Blue Screen In Safe Mode Boot

Update: got the blue screen error code by video taping the boot
stop: c000021a fatal system error 0x00000000 oxcoooo428 oxooo1
is what i can make out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screen-in-safe-mode-boot-694395.html
Relevancy 93%

I am having a similar issue. I am able to get a command prompt open and run chkdsk /r and it ends with the same error. I imagine nytenurse may have used the same method. When I try to boot, normally or in safe mode, I get a blue screen with STOP: 0x00000123. This happens every time I attempt to boot.

Any idea?

Relevancy 93%

We have the adware trojan that everyone is talking about. So we were trying to open up in safe mode and got the blue screen that says umnountable_Boot _Volume and now we get it in normal mode too.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dan and Kara

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-after-trying-to-boot-in-safe-mode.590713/
Relevancy 92.07%

My XP sp installation seems to work fine when booted normally but I get a blue error screen when trying to go into Safe Mode During the boot I ll see some drivers load and then blue screen appears I know how valuable Safe Mode is so I d like to get this fixed The error is Bad Pool Caller and the stop code is x c x x cd x x The last time I used Safe Mode was several weeks ago when I couldn t get an HDMI Audio Driver to install in Normal Mode but it only screen Safe Mode Solved: in Blue Boot would install in Safe Mode but I don t really know if this is when my problem started I googled this problem and read that it s usually caused by a bad driver or software but not much info on how to identify the bad item And yes I uninstalled that HDMI driver but it didn t fix Solved: Blue screen only in Safe Mode Boot the problem I ve been building my own computers for some years now but have never run into something like this Any advice would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 92.07%

Hello I have come across the internet's finest here My internet started redirecting me to strange webpages automatically a couple days ago and I was thrown off so I downloaded adaware from the lavasoft com webpage When I restarted my computer went haywire and I got a blue screen that would shut down my pc and then reboot At the reboot I have tried multiple times to run as normal but safe mode will only work otherwise I get just the blue screen forcing me to restart Unfortunately McAfee won't remove the trojans malware or w e I screwed up It detects multiple issues but won't remove or quarantine them I found the log to say quot generic atr quot and quot fakealert h quot I really don't know much more to say other than I would really appreciate it and would love donating to this cause if I can get a fix Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Scott at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C in blue screen, and mode only safe Fakealert.h boot Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k Fakealert.h and blue screen, only boot in safe mode netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows helppane exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files Vuze uninstall exe C Users Scott Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO CIEDownload Object bcf - fc- - dc -d d e a b - c program files smart technologies inc notebook software NotebookPlugin dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files dell bae BAE dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun DellSupportCenter quot c program files dell support center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter mRun mcagent exe quot c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe quot runkey mRun dscactivate quot c program files dell support center gs agent custom dsca exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE EAF BB - F- ... Read more

A:Fakealert.h and blue screen, only boot in safe mode

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/fakealert-h-and-blue-screen-only-boot-in-safe-mode-349529.html
Relevancy 92.07%

I receive a message- unmountable_Boot_Volume and have a blue screen-- Tech info: Stop: 0X000000EP, 0XC0000006,0X00000000,0X00000000. I tried to go to safe mode but the blue screen comes up- The message tells me to go to safe mode and disable caching or shadowing in the bios- But F8 will not work
I ran IDE Disk tests with f12 on reboot- system passsed but i had three error blocks on Read test --Msg- 0F00:0244-- block 6317014, 106919080, 145862149
Verify test- Msg-0F00:1A44 and the same blocks failed

Any Ideas?

Relevancy 92.07%

Hi

My PC blue screens with c000021a FATAL SYSTEM ERROR at boot. I boot any further than that.

I've tried booting with last known working config, same error occurs. My PC won't boot to safe mode, just get a list of files and nothing happens.

It was recomended to me to do a Windows XP repair but the screens described to me don't appear.

I can boot to the CD, then I can select enter to set up windows and get to the next page to accept the windows licence agreeement. But the next screen on I see is something to do with selecting a partition, rather than the screen I was told I would see.

Any ideas?

Cheers Neil

A:Blue screen, can't boot to windows or safe mode

This can be a sign of a malware infection, is suggest making a bootable AV CD, boot from it and scan the entire hard drive.

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/

After removing any malware you may have, see if it will boot, if no joy, you may have to do a repair installation of XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-cant-boot-to-windows-or-safe-mode.902962/
Relevancy 92.07%

Just this afternoon as I started up my computer I started getting this problem The blue screen constantly appears unless I boot in safe mode I tried scanning my mode can Screen in only boot Blue safe error computer with avg and malwarebytes but both came up with no infections so I need to come here for help I saw that most people who posted a similar problem were then told to download blue screen view and Blue Screen error can only boot in safe mode post the results and I have already Blue Screen error can only boot in safe mode done that Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time -May- Bug Check String KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter xbfb f Parameter xa bd ba Parameter x Caused By Driver nv disp dll Caused By Address nv disp dll f File Description NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version Product Name NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version Company NVIDIA Corporation File Version Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version I hope Blue Screen error can only boot in safe mode I did everything right and didn t miss anything If there is any other info needed please ask thanks in advance

A:Blue Screen error can only boot in safe mode

Hi . The file mentioned (nv4_disp.dll) is an nVidia video driver file.I would simply uninstall the current video drivers (using Device Manager in safe mode) and then reboot.A more elaborate purported solution: EHow Solution.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318935/blue-screen-error-can-only-boot-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 92.07%

Here's the story:
---Computer running windows XP got a virus.
---Was going to run a program that needed to run in Safe Mode
---When I booted in safe mode I got a blue screen
---I (stupidly) changed the settings so that the computer automatically booted into safe mode thinking that would change something.

Now I can't boot into windows! The computer automatically boots to safe mode and I always get a blue screen (error: 0X0000007b, 0Xf7c7B524, 0XC0000034, lots of 0's)

Question: How do I change my settings to NOT automatically boot to safe mode without accessing windows! I can't get back to MSCONFIG and know no other way to turn off the automatic safe-mode boot option.

Ughhhhh, I wish I hadn't done that! Please help me!

A:blue screen safe mode boot loop!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lost42

How do I change my settings to NOT automatically boot to safe mode without accessing windows!

If you have a Windows XP installation disk, and wish to use the Recovery Console, see the following link ... (near the bottom of the page)
Problems that can occur by forcing Safe Mode using the System Configuration Utility
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...force_safemode

Otherwise, use a LIVE CD ...
Download Puppy Linux (105MB)
http://www.puppylinux.org/

When you have Puppy Linux burned to a CD, boot from the CD.
Load Puppy Linux into memory and use as a LIVE CD operating system: Do not install.
Navigate to C:\Boot.ini
Open the file: It is simply a text file, so use a text editor within Puppy Linux to open the file.
Delete the following switch: /safeboot:minimal
Save the file and close it.
Exit Puppy Linux and remove the CD.

Start your Windows system normally.

(If in any doubt, copy the content of the boot.ini file and post it here.)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-safe-mode-boot-loop-429315.html
Relevancy 92.07%

A friend of mine said they were having computer trouble so I went over to take a look late last night and saw they have a blue screen error message STOP x E xC x CA xF EF xF EF I tried booting with last known good configuration didn mode safe in Screen Blue boot Error-won't t work Then I tried booting in safe mode didn t boot Blue Screen Error-won't boot in safe mode I was going to use an XP CD to boot up recovery console but Dell didn t Blue Screen Error-won't boot in safe mode send them an XP CD They indicated to me that before the blue screen error they were being inundated with pop-ups and their computer was running very slowly thus indicating they have a virus malware infection Apparently they didn t respond and try to stop the infection before it became worse as they seemed to have let it to go for some time Unfortunately I don t yet know what viruses malware are present and how serious that problem is since I haven t been able to boot windows yet but I think the two problems are likely related They are running XP SP although I am not sure it is SP Ghz Pentium RAM GB HD I am going to go back to their house tomorrow night and run recovery console from my XP disc and run the following chkdsk r fixboot fixmbr Their house is far from me so I would rather fix their computer while I am there next time So my question is what else should I do to get windows to boot normally What should I do if the tasks I have listed above fail to eliminate the blue screen error Once I have booted windows successfully what should be the first thing you would recommend I do in troubleshooting their virus problems I realize that these are very general questions and normally the forum might address one question at a time with more specific information Unfortunately I have to travel an hour to get to their computer so it is difficult to go back and forth so I can post additional information to the forum on my progress I am hoping forum members will still try and help me Thanks Chad

A:Blue Screen Error-won't boot in safe mode

HelloWe will have to create a small 'fix CD' to solve this problem.Please download RC.ISO and save it somewhere you can find it.Also download MagicISO and install it.Start MagicISO. You should see a window informing you about the full version of MagicISO.In the bottom right select Try It! and the program will open.Click on File and then on Open and navigate to the RC.ISO file you downloaded. Select it, and click Open.First, we'll need to add a clean version of userinit.exe to the current RC.ISOIn the upper right pane, double click on the i386 folder.Right click in the upper right pane and select Add Files...Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and select userinit.exeThen click Open to add userinit.exe to the CD image.Click File and select Save As...Name the file RCplus and save it somewhere you can find it.Next, we'll need to burn the newly created image to a disk that we can use to fix the problem.Put a blank CD-R disk in your CD burner and close the tray. If an AutoPlay window opens, close it.Click on Tools and select Burn CD/DVD with ISO.... A window will appear.Click on the little folder to the right of CD/DVD Image File then navigate to the newly created RCplus.iso Image file and click Open.In the CD/DVD Writing Speed drop-down menu choose the 8X setting.Under Format make sure that Mode 1 is selected.And finally, click on the Burn it! button to burn RCplus.iso to disk.Once the disk is burned, put it in the machine you want to fix and restart it.Boot to the CD just as you would with a Windows XP disk.At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to enter the Recovery Console.Choose the installation to be repaired by number (usually 1) and press Enter.When you are asked for the Administrator password, enter the password or leave it blank (default) and press Enter.At the C:\Windows> prompt, type the following commands pressing Enter after each one. Note: Watch the spaces.D:cd i386copy userinit.exe c:\windows\system32exitAfter putting in the third command, you should receive the message 1 file copied which will indicate that the operation succeeded.Now take out the CD and reboot your computer to normal mode. Try to log in and it should let you back in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219640/blue-screen-error-wont-boot-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 92.07%

Hello,

I Need Help! My laptop won't boot up. In the middle of booting, a blue screen will flash (can't even read the message because it flashes so fast), then it will take me to a black and white screen with options to choose Safe Mode, Last Known Good Config and other options. Whichever I choose, windows will start booting but process will just be the same, blue screen flashes and will take me back to option screen. I was tempted to stick in my system restore disk but I'm afraid, will I lose all my data if I do that? Please help me. Maybe you have other idea to get my computer up and running without losing anything. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Jae

Relevancy 90.83%

Problem: when restarting a Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM, the first thing you see after red Compaq logo screen is:
Windows Error Recovery:
and options of

Launch startup repair (recommended)
Start Windows normally

After choosing either option, here is what happens:
Starting Windows
Windows is loading files
the blue windows logo background screen begins to load with arrow and active circle,
another window tries to pop up then goes away (about 1/2 the size of the screen),
then the screen stays on the windows logo background screen with the cursor arrow actively moving when moving the mouse.

We have tried multiple forums on fix options, using either options of F8 to try to enter into safe mode, or resolve, or restart as last safe (or similar verbiage) results the same.

A:Start up blue screen with arrow, can't boot safe mode

hi,if you have windows 7 install disc or you created a repair disc then set BIOS to boot from the DVD rom drive,pop in your disc exit BIOS saving settings.when the pc starts watch for the "press any key to boot from dvd" loading files will appear on screen.select language/keyboard settings on next screen,on the following screen click on the "repair your computer" line which will take you to the System recovery options,DO NOT CLICK ON INSTALL NOW. next screen System rcovery options will search your hard drive and insllation,next select the windows 7 installation to perform the startup repair on and click on next.on this screen click on the Startup Repair line.
The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems with files that are important to the proper functioning of Windows 7.

If Startup Repair finds a problem with an important operating system file, the tool may suggest a solution of some kind that you have to confirm or may solve the problem automatically.

Whatever happens, follow the prompts as necessary and accept any changes suggested by Startup Repair.

Important Note:

If you want the Startup Repair to work properly, you must remove any flash drives or other USB storage devices, like external hard drives, from your computer before running the tool. Due to the way some computers report the storage space on USB connected drives, the Windows 7 Startup Repair may incorrectly report that it found no problems when in fact there may actually be an issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-up-blue-screen-with-arrow-cant-boot-safe-mode.1090727/
Relevancy 90.83%

Hi I am new to this forum but I was hoping someone might have some helpful advice I have a friend who gave me her laptop because she said she kept getting a blue screen error message After starting it up the first time I suspected it might have some viruses because in - Can't Dump Safe Memory Screen Mode Blue boot it was running extremely slow with long lag times when starting applications like IE I don Blue Screen Memory Dump - Can't boot in Safe Mode t quite know the Blue Screen Memory Dump - Can't boot in Safe Mode specs on her laptop other than it is a Toshiba running XP Home SP I think with a Pentium Her laptop in running PC-cillin with expired virus definitions My first inclination was to try and see if I could find the viruses so I went to cnet and downloaded Malwarebytes and started a scan As the scan progressed the computer became increasingly slow The scan found infected items and then before it could be completed the Blue Screen appeared indicating a memory dump I tried rebooting in Safe Mode w Networking and re-initiated the scan This time a payed more attention and most of the viruses or malware seemed to appear when it began scanning the System folder Before it could finish scanning the folder it got the same blue screen message after becoming very sluggish scanning almost one file at a time I thought the registry might be very corrupted so I tried to do a system restore after restarting but the blue screen appeared before the system restore could be completed I tried rebooting in Safe Mode only in order to try and scan only the System folder and at least remove the viruses from there but before it could completely boot it got a blue screen and I haven t been able to boot in Safe Mode since Now if I try to boot in Safe Mode it loads the drivers and then just keeps processing without moving on to the welcome screen What can I do to try and recover without formatting the hard drive Are there any steps I can take to begin to repair this thanks

A:Blue Screen Memory Dump - Can't boot in Safe Mode

The BSOD and viruses just might be a coincidence.Now if I try to boot in Safe Mode it loads the drivers and then just keeps processing without moving on to the welcome screen.Does it stop at a specific driver?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/202382/blue-screen-memory-dump-cant-boot-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 90.83%

from another thread i read to download the service pack for my windows pc i start Blue works.HELP! screen or boot...won't mode before anything..nothing safe in downloaded it and attempted to load it into my harddrive there was some error on my pc so the entire service pack would not load at all but it was still on my computer sitting there i looked Blue screen before boot...won't start in safe mode or anything..nothing works.HELP! and tryed to delete it since it was unusable it told me that my computer might not run properly if i deleted it but since it never really was loaded onto m hardrive correctly i did not think it could do much damage i deleted it i logged off my computer a few hours later i came home and turned my computer on within about seconds of turning it on a blue screen popped up saying it could not find the source or the entry to the computer bottom line is that it would not boot correctly at all i attempted many times yet the same thing happened it also prompted to boot in safe mode i did that but the blue screen popped up again i am typing this on back-up computer that we have i was wondering if anybody knows what i can to with my computer to fix it or get it fixed professionally which is a strong option But I was wondering to see if there was anything that I could do before bringing it to a computer pro i am fairly advanced with computers but this boggles my mind and I do not know what to do if anyone knows anything to help me it would help alot thanks nbsp

A:Blue screen before boot...won't start in safe mode or anything..nothing works.HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-before-boot-wont-start-in-safe-mode-or-anything-nothing-works-help.444558/
Relevancy 90.83%

I am currently operating in safe mode and Cannot 32bit due boot blue screen/minidumps Virus to in on - Windows mode normal Trojan Vista I have run BitDefender online scan and McAfee online scan BitDefender identified various viruses but I believe failed to remedy one or more Trojan Virus on Windows Vista 32bit - Cannot boot in normal mode due to blue screen/minidumps The most prevelant one which might be causing my problem is a Trojan with a file name wscsvc exe I am unable to boot in normal mode Trojan Virus on Windows Vista 32bit - Cannot boot in normal mode due to blue screen/minidumps Thus far I have tried to run several programs which I have come to find out will not run while I am in safe mode When I try to boot in normal mode a blue screen appears and says quot dumping to disk quot among other things I believe this is called a minidump and I have tried to look at how to repair from such an occurrence I am really in the dark on this one Im not sure if this enough information to get started but please let me know anything I can do I cannot even run a Hijack This log due Trojan Virus on Windows Vista 32bit - Cannot boot in normal mode due to blue screen/minidumps to safe mode operation Edit Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277445/trojan-virus-on-windows-vista-32bit-cannot-boot-in-normal-mode-due-to-blue-screenminidumps/
Relevancy 89.9%

I recently purchased a disk, etc... boot, safe 7 on mode, restore Windows Blue Screen from new nbsp VelociRaptor Gb HD and installed Win Professional x on it I did the install in a system at work and then brought the drive home and Windows 7 Blue Screen on boot, safe mode, restore from disk, etc... put it in the system where it will live permanently The install in the Windows 7 Blue Screen on boot, safe mode, restore from disk, etc... work computer went through without any problems I installed Win Office Visio and Norton Internet Security Then when I tried to boot the HD up in the system at home it blue screened I tried to boot into safe mode to do a system restore from the win disk enabled boot logging and enabled debugging all with the same result of a blue screen When I went to check the dump file ntbootlog txt I found that it doesn't exist When I tried to get into safe mode the last driver in the list was classpnp sys I booted into another drive with XP on it and tried to copy the XP version of classpnp sys over to the nbsp VelociRaptor drive and I got a write protection error I tried to change the read only settings on that drive and got an error that it couldnt do it nbsp I put the nbsp VelociRaptor drive in another computer I have here at home and it booted up fine with no issues I have also tried moving the Sata cable to all other Sata ports on the MB with the same effect I also tried swapping out the Sata cable with no effect I know that the Sata ports are good because I can boot my other XP drive off of them successfully I also updated the bios to the latest version with no effect nbsp I'm not sure where to go from here Help nbsp System Specs Windows Professional x Western Digital VelociRaptor WD HLFS GB RPM SATA Gb s ASUS Striker II Formula LGA Nvidia i DDR - ATX Motherboard running the latest bios EVGA -P -N -A GeForce GTS MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal ty Pro Channels PCI Interface Sound Card CORSAIR DOMINATOR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Model BX Q

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25bb67b2-520f-47cf-b3e6-e375c5e6364d/windows-7-blue-screen-on-boot-safe-mode-restore-from-disk-etc?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 89.9%

Hi About a month ago I Can't CD Safe or Rootkit Screen, Blue OS Windows Virus, Mode, boot No got a nasty virus when my wife clicked on an AntiMalware Doctor screen I was able Rootkit Virus, Blue Screen, Can't boot Windows or Safe Mode, No OS CD to finally get everything clean apparently so Today I was on the internet and I noticed that when attempting to navigate to another page in IE Adobe Reader started launching which was followed immediately with my antivirus AVAST popping up a message saying that it had blocked a file before it had a chance to execute It mentioned something about Rootkit Right after this my screen turned blue I don t recall what the message was and I must have restarted My computer now will not boot into windows XP and it won t boot Rootkit Virus, Blue Screen, Can't boot Windows or Safe Mode, No OS CD into safe mode using F as it turns into a black screen with a cursor at the upper left I can get to the Setup screen though Also I have a Dell Dimension E which did not come with a boot CD so I don t know what to do I have hijack this and malwarebytes installed but I can t get to any of it obviously I ve disconnected from the Internet along with any other peripherals etc Thanks for the help

A:Rootkit Virus, Blue Screen, Can't boot Windows or Safe Mode, No OS CD

Hello there,Please download ARCDC from Artellos.com.Double click ARCDC.exeFollow the dialog until you see 6 options. Please pick: Windows Professional SP2 & SP3You will be prompted with a Terms of Use by Microsoft, please accept.You will see a few dos screens flash by, this is normal.Next you will be able to choose to add extra files. Select the Default Files.The last window will allow you to burn the disk using BurnCDCCYour ISO is located on your desktop. Insert the CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

If your PC is not booting from the CD, you need to change the boot order:
Restart your PC As soon as you get an image, press the Setup key. This is usually F2, or Del. On some machines the key can also be a different one. It should, however, be stated on the screen which key is the setup key. Once you enter the computer's BIOS, use the arrow keys and tab key to move between elements. Press enter to select an item to change. Navigate to the tab, where you can set the boot order. It should be called Boot or Boot order The tab should now show your current boot order.
If the CD-drive is not at the top, please navigate to the CD-Rom drive with the keys arrows. Then move it to the top of the list. The keys for switching boot position are usually + to move up and - to move down. However they can be different, but they should be stated in the help, so that you can find them easily. Once the CD-drive is on top of the boot order, navigate to Exit and select Exit saving changes.Your PC should now boot from your XP-CD.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
When prompted to choose a windows installation, type 1 and press enter.
When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

A command prompt will openType fixmbr and press enter.If you receive a warning, continue. When done type EXIT and press enter to reboot your computer and let me know if you can boot normally now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358724/rootkit-virus-blue-screen-cant-boot-windows-or-safe-mode-no-os-cd/
Relevancy 89.9%

I've been having a problem for a while now when restarting my desktop
computer. When restarting, I am getting a blue screen, "a problem has been detected and winudows has been shut down to prevent damage"
Technical Information:
Stop: 0x0000007b (0xF890D528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I've been getting that message for a while now and every now and then it I wouldn't get that message and the computer boots fine. But now, I'm getting that every time.

Previously, when getting this message, I have been able to boot into safe mode. Now, I can't even get through safe mode as it hangs when trying to load Agp440.sys.

So, I'm stuck with this problem unable to figure out how to fix it. Any suggestions would be great. thanks.

A:Blue Screen error on startup & unable to boot safe mode

check you ide cable is secure at the drive and the m/board
try a new cable
boot into the recovery console and run
chkdsk /r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-error-on-startup-and-unable-to-boot-safe-mode-258538.html
Relevancy 89.9%

A few days ago I woke up at night to find my laptop turning on and not long after turning off going into complete boot loop When I turned computer off and on the boot loop continued where it would show the acer logo and then it would give me some of the advanced option menu choices to go into a safe mode safe mode with networking safe work! not Loop, Blue Screen Error, Safe does Mode Boot mode Boot Loop, Blue Screen Error, Safe Mode does not work! with command prompt last known good configuration your most recent settings that worked start windows normally If I didn't click anything after around half minute it would take me to windows logo and then a flash of blue screen would appear and then again computer would log off If I clicked to start windows normally or last known good configuration the same thing happened If I tried to log with any of the safe modes it would give me this multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS ohci sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS BUS sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS compbatt sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS BATTC sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS pciide sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS PCIIDEX sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS pcmcia sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system drivers MountMgr sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS ftdisk sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system drivers dmload sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS dmio sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS ACPIEC sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS OPRGHDLR sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system drivers PartMgr sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system drivers VolSnap sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS atapi sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS disk sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS CLASSPNP sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS fltMgr sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system DRIVERS sr sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system drivers KSecDD sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system drivers Ntfs sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system drivers NDIS sysmulti disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system drivers Mup sysThere are more lines above it but they scroll so fast I can't see them and this text stays for perhaps seconds or so and then it goes to the blue screen In advanced option menu I disabled automatic restart on system failure so I could see whats written on the blue screen which says A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREAIf this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Start up Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x xC C BAD x xBAD B EC x So I am unsure what is causing this however before this happened I wanted to skype with a friend and because I have Windows Service Pack apparently skype wouldn't work for it so then I downloaded some SP upgrade I did click for it to install but then I turned it off when it asked me to back up my data so I didn't upgrade but then again I went through some video tutorial on how to upgrade from SP to SP which goes like this Click run - write regedit - click HKEY LOCAL MACHINE - click System - click CUrrentControlSet - click Control - click Windows - click CSDVersion - change from by writing and save the changes S... Read more

A:Boot Loop, Blue Screen Error, Safe Mode does not work!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/boot-loop-blue-screen-error-safe-mode-does-not-work/203385.html
Relevancy 89.9%

Hi About a month ago I got a nasty virus when my wife clicked on an AntiMalware Doctor screen I was able to finally get everything clean apparently so Today I was on the internet and I noticed that Adobe was launching which was followed immediately with my antivirus AVAST popping up a message saying that it had blocked a file before it had a chance to execute It mentioned something about Rootkit Right after this my screen turns blue I don t recall what the message was and I must have restarted My Can't No Mode, Safe CD Virus, or Rootkit Windows OS boot Blue Screen, computer now will not boot into windows and it won t boot into safe mode using F as it turns into a black screen with a cursor at the upper left I can get to the Setup screen though Also I have a Dell Dimension E which did not come with a boot CD so I don t know what to do I have hijack this and malwarebytes installed but I can t get to any of it obviously I ve disconnected from the Internet along with any other peripherals etc Thanks for the help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rootkit-virus-blue-screen-cant-boot-windows-or-safe-mode-no-os-cd.960568/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hello I am operating a Gateway GT with Windows XP installed I run AVG Anti-Virus CC Cleaner Ad-Aware amp Spybot regularly However I recently obtained malware of some type that results in pop-up tabs in Firefox and Chrome I never use IE Most are seemingly harmless quot Work at Home quot variety or even www viagra com in Firefox but Chrome is more suspicious The address bar shows a very long string of characters and the pages always are blank I suspect these pages are attempting to DL Screen Being Blue Mode Boot & Results Redirected; Safe in Chrome Firefox more malware I have ZoneAlarm Firewall running now I Firefox & Chrome Being Redirected; Safe Mode Boot Results in Blue Screen have run scans with Malwarebytes Trend-Micro Housecall and my aforementioned regular scanning programs and removed or quarantined anything found and now results show no infections after multiple re-scans However the problem persists Firefox & Chrome Being Redirected; Safe Mode Boot Results in Blue Screen I cannot boot in Safe Firefox & Chrome Being Redirected; Safe Mode Boot Results in Blue Screen Mode blue screen and suspect this is a result of the malware infection I have run SafeBootKeyRepair at the advice of another forum discussion attempting to resolve the Safe Mode issue As this is written I am running Kaspersky Online Scanner RESULTS OF KASPERSKY Monday December Operating system Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack build Kaspersky Online Scanner version Last database update Monday December Records in database Scan settings scan using the following database extended Scan archives yes Scan e-mail databases yes Scan area My Computer C D E F G H I J Scan statistics Objects scanned Threats found Infected objects found Suspicious objects found Scan duration File name Threat Threats count D i Apps App comps toolbar toolbr exe Infected not-a-virus AdWare Win SearchIt t Selected area has been scanned

A:Firefox & Chrome Being Redirected; Safe Mode Boot Results in Blue Screen

I would initially run Malwarebytes and then SUPERAntiSpyware and remove what they find.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277108/firefox-chrome-being-redirected;-safe-mode-boot-results-in-blue-screen/
Relevancy 88.97%

On my computer for about a little bit over a week now I ve been getting the blue screen that automatically restarts the computer The blue screen text goes by so fast I can t even read it I found out online that it was the SmitFraud so I checked out the guide and downloaded the SmitFraudFix exe When I ran it in safe mode it started working but then it disappeared and all of my icons and everything on safe mode disappeared The safe mode screen became a black screen with the words safe mode in the four corners and I think there was the computer type or something on the top center of the screen I couldn t run the fix properly in safe mode because after I tried running the fix safe mode is not safe mode of and Death Smit Screen problem startup problem Fraud/Blue useable anymore What I tried to do was let my malwarebytes and my anti virus try to detect it but they Smit Fraud/Blue Screen of Death problem and safe mode startup problem couldn t find it I was thinking of system restoring my computer back weeks but I also couldn t find the restore points as there weren t any What can I do to get rid of the problem It s really annoying

A:Smit Fraud/Blue Screen of Death problem and safe mode startup problem

Hi there

Before we start I need you to provide me some pieces of information:

1. Which is the version of your Operation System?

2. Do you have the installation CD of the Operating System?

3. Is Normal Mode completely inaccessible?

4. Do you have a clean computer on which you can download tools in order to be able to transfer them to the infected computer?

Elle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452812/smit-fraudblue-screen-of-death-problem-and-safe-mode-startup-problem/
Relevancy 87.11%

Hi yesterday I got hit with the Antivirus System pro Netguard virus As I tried to fix it it was like peeling an onion More problems continued to emerge Here is a run down My system briefly is a Dell notebook running XP What I ve done so far is basically the -step virus spyware removal plan on techspot com with a few other things mixed pro, boot google related antivirus problems? redirect, safe blue system screen mode on in I started off by running rkill Then I installed and ran Malware Bytes Anti-Malware The name of my virus process was nstxsysguard exe Other posts have indicated that the letter prefix is random I located an NSTXSYSGUARD EXE process in C WINDOWS Prefetch and deleted it manually It related problems? antivirus system pro, google redirect, blue screen on safe mode boot was also in C Documents and Settings James Local Settings Application Data tcwrwl Then I ran the -step process minus generating hijackthis log -Installed and ran ccleaner twice - Temporarily disabled AVG resident shield - Ran Malware Bytes Anti-Malware again - Installed and ran SuperAntiSpyware free ed Here is my current set of symptoms Google redirect problem - when clicking on google links get directed to unwanted sites some with other viruses malware There is a process called CLI exe running that constantly takes up cpu Easy enough to kill it but no antivirus or spyware program finds and gets rid of it When I boot up in safe mode I immediately get a blue screen and can t do anything else forcing me to only boot in normal mode The blue screen looks weird - it only has two characters at the top left of the screen The first is a sideways L character and the other is a question mark So that s where I m at right now Can t fix those three problems Also to the people who can t get IE to work I think the Antivirus System Pro virus changed your IE settings to use a manual proxy and unchecked the quot automatically detect settings quot radio box So all I had to do to get back on the internet was go in and check that radio box again I hope someone can please help me out or point me in the right direction I have Hijackthis installed now but I haven t run it or tried to generate a log Let me know if I should do this and post it Thanks a lot for your help in advance --James R

A:related problems? antivirus system pro, google redirect, blue screen on safe mode boot

Hey James, I'm having the same issue with the odd blue screen and it started on the 28th, yesterday, I'm not sure where it came from but all I remember doing was DL'ing Google Chrome and I had one BitTorrent going. When I try to start normally I get a BSOD with the stop error 0x00000024. I was thinking about running through and restoring the registry but I'm not totally confident with myself to attempt changing flies and such.Also, like a moron, I restarted while the fake spy protection thing was running and didnt do the 8 steps like you, so I have no access to the start screen even w/ normal mode.Please help! Anyone. -Dylan M.Edit: I found this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...irus-system-proThat might help you, but it doesnt for me because I cant get past the windows XP loading screen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274972/related-problems-antivirus-system-pro-google-redirect-blue-screen-on-safe-mode-boot/
Relevancy 86.18%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 86.18%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 85.87%

Blue Screen - Hangs On Xp Logo Screen - No Safe Mode

Hello There, I Would Really Appreciate Any Help.

As Above, I Am Pretty Sure This Has Happened To Other People.

I Installed A New Programme Which Was Downloaded From Bit Torrent(i Am Thinking Now That It Must've Contained A Virus).

Blue Screen - Memory Dump
Rebooted And Now It Just Hangs On Windows Xp Logo Screen.

Tried To Boot Using Safe Mode But No Joy.

Also Tried To Use The Restore Disks And The Xp Disk Itself But It Would Not Boot From Those.

What Do I Do Now? I Dont Want To Format The Drive And Loose All My Files.

A:Blue Screen - Hangs On Xp Logo Screen - No Safe Mode

If it was unable to boot from the restore disk or XP disk, that indicates that the BIOS Boot Optios are not set to allow it to boot from the CD before the Hard Drive.

Enter the Bios at boot-up time and correct this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-hangs-on-xp-logo-screen-no-safe-mode.432157/
Relevancy 85.87%

I received the following error message when I attempted to restart my computer:

C0000218 Unknown Hard Error

When I restarted after the blue screen it went into a check disk but would not finish the scan.

I have tried to start the computer in safe mode with internet connection and after a few minutes the screen goes black. I've tried to start it using last known configuration and the screen goes black. Everything I try ~ the screen goes black.

Help!!!!

A:Blue screen & now won't start in safe mode, screen goes black

I'm writing from my husband's laptop because my desktop is completely dead.

We were out of town for several days and when we returned my desktop was running very slow so I attempted to restart it. It locked up, I pressed/held the power button and when it restarted it attempted to run a disk check. The disk check locked up and I had to press/hold the power button again. When it restarted I got a blue screen ~ stop: C0000218 unknown hard error.

Sometimes when I attempt to restart it I get: checking file system on C:
file system = NTFS

When I attempt to restart it in safe mode, safe mode with networking or starting in last known good configuration I get . . .

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\appPatch\drvmain.sdb
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system32\drivers\ . . . (various items)

Now it won't start, not even in safe mode. Everything I try ~ I just get a black screen.

** I just tried to restart AGAIN and it ran disk scan, said it had completed disk scan and would restart, the screen went black when it attempted to restart and the screen is still black and it won't restart.

What can I do to get my computer back?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-now-wont-start-in-safe-mode-screen-goes-black.811055/
Relevancy 85.87%

Hello I m working on an emachines T with mb of RAM The problem is that no matter what I do I can t get it to boot all the way into Windows On startup I automatically get the Safe Mode screen No matter which option I choose it does the same thing I get the initial Windows screen then a blue screen appears with the following messsage Check with your hardware vendors for any BIOS update Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced start up options then select safe mode STOP x E xc x DCF xA E A x Begin dumping of physical memory Physical memory dump complete I don t have the Windows disk that came with this computer but I have one from another computer running the same version of Windows I m not sure how to use the recovery option - every time I ve tried I just get a c prompt Not sure what Solved: Then Screen Mode Bootup: On Safe Screen Blue to do at that point Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 85.25%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 85.25%

IF SOMONE CAN HELP ME PLS INFO with blue screen wiew Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter x Parameter x abe Parameter x Parameter x Caused By Driver nvlddmkm sys Caused By Address nvlddmkm sys be File Description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Product Name NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Company NVIDIA Corporation File Version Processor -bit Crash Address dxgkrnl sys ac Stack Address dxgkrnl sys Stack Address dxgkrnl sys e Stack Address dxgmms sys c Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String PAGE when normal start in blue mode i screen FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter xdebc b Parameter x Parameter x bdff Parameter x Caused By Driver ataport SYS Caused By Address ataport SYS b File Description ATAPI Driver Extension Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win rtm - Processor -bit Crash Address ntkrnlpa exe db f Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe ae Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe b ff Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe c Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time blue screen when i start in normal mode Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x d a Parameter x ad Parameter x Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys e File Description DirectX Graphics Kernel Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor -bit Crash Address Stack Address win k sys cb Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe d blue screen when i start in normal mode fa Stack Address blue screen when i start in normal mode Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time

A:blue screen when i start in normal mode

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553146/blue-screen-when-i-start-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 84.01%

i have windows home xp edtion on parkard bell.in safe mode it is fine,but when on normal bootup mode it will hang up after 2mins aprox(then restart saying crit error,check hardware etc and being to dump files kernel),on a blue screen.

i tried a different graphics card,but no joy.so i replaced the hdd drive and put a fresh copy of windows xp pro edtion on,but it loads all the files(i have not pressed f6)i just let it run its course on the disc,then it hangs up on the blue screen again with the words(crit error 0x0000007f)check hardware etc and if this is the first time you have seen it try starting windows again.

Thankyou for all your time.

A:Solved: xp safe in safe mode fine...mormal mode blue screen

Start in Safe Mode and look in C:\Windows\Minidump for crash log files with a dmp extension, like Mini071008-01.dmp. Zip 4-5 of the latest ones and post here as a ZIP or RAR attachment. The log file contains information useful to determine what caused the error, most likely hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-safe-in-safe-mode-fine-mormal-mode-blue-screen.729142/
Relevancy 84.01%

I m posting here because of a nasty problem I came across with my primary comp using win xp pro sp First off I used BC Wipe Jetico software to wipe the free space on my hd to improve it s performance a bit as it had been a bit sluggish Well it finished although it did show one alert of low disk space which I thought was a misinformed feature caused by the free space wiping and it showed gigs of free space after wipe Mode No Death Allows Of *** Blue LOGIN *** Screen And anyway and then I shut down the pc and got the following error STOP x E x xF C xF AB C xF AB A As it was about software apparently I booted up in safe mode with networking and backuped my files just in case System restore was disabled so I had no point to go back and used MSConfig to drop out the system startup programs eg Norton antivirus to see if that was the problem Nope it wasn t so I booted back to safe mode and put the programs back on from MSConfig and shut down to continue later I had disk check scheduled at the start as well When I tried to put it on *** Blue Screen Of Death And No Mode Allows LOGIN *** again I got the following error A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the the first time you ve seen this error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any any anti-virus disk defragmentation or backup utilities Check your hard drive for configuration and check for any updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP x x x EB x x And this error comes when I try any mode at all normal last good known config all variations of safe mode etc The only thing that I can access with that pc now is setup at start up How am I supposed to fix it if I m not allowed to login in any mode at all I find this very annoying If anyone can help it s much appreciated -T S nbsp

Relevancy 84.01%

Help -  I have a Dell OptiPlex 960 with Win 7 OS SP1

My computer is giving me a black screen on normal bootup - I can hear the windows tune but then it is black

I am able to get it to boot in Safe Mode and I have tried the following: ComboFix, Malwarebytes, and adwcleaner

But it stlil boots to a black screen 

What do I do now??????

A:Will boot in safe mode but black screen in normal mode

Boot into safe mode...then do the following.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580889/will-boot-in-safe-mode-but-black-screen-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 83.39%

My Vista Home Premium -bit laptop HP dv us will not run except in Safe Mode since uninstalling Jetico Personal Firewall beta through Control Panel Programs and Features using using their included quot BC Uninstall quot on - - Windows crashed during the uninstall with start Blue mode screen when to Vista [SOLVED] in Normal trying Blue Screen showing quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot and Technical Information STOP x A ox [SOLVED] Blue screen when trying to start Vista in Normal mode x x x A DAE I always get this blue screen when trying to start Vista in Normal mode Here is the Sequence of Events - - Uninstall Jetico Personal Firewall through Control Panel Programs and Features Jetico Uses quot BC Uninstall quot to remove program Windows crashed during uninstall First Blue Screen Windows restarted automatically OK Ran Control Panel Programs and Features again Jetico was still there so I uninstalled it again The uninstall froze I waited a long time then shut down the computer normally Tuned on computer Blue Screen crash and auto-restart I restarted in Safe Mode with Networking Blue Screen crash and auto-restart I restarted in plain Safe Mode under a different Administrator Account Successfully - - Still in Safe Mode Ran Control Panel Programs and Features again Jetico was still listed with the mesage quot May have already been uninstalled quot so I deleted it from the program list Tried to restart Windows in normal mode Blue Screen again Restarted in plain Safe Mode under my own Administrator Account Successfully Rolled back an OEM modem driver update I made on - - Tried to restart Windows in normal mode Blue Screen again Restart with F - quot Repair your Computer quot option Run Startup Repair - Result quot Could not detect a problem quot and quot Boot status shows that the OS booted successfully quot Run Memory Diagnostic Tool - Result quot No problems quot Restart to Normal Blue Screen Restart with F - Selected Boot logging Restart to Normal Blue Screen Restarted in plain Safe Mode under my own Administrator Account Successfully Set Virtual Memory to No Paging File in case file was corrupt Restarted in plain Safe Mode under my own Administrator Account Successfully Reinstated paging File Min mb Max mb Restart to Normal Blue Screen Restart with F - quot Last Known Good Configuration quot Restart to Normal Blue Screen Restart with F - Debugging Mode I don't know how to use this so did nothing Restart to Normal Blue Screen Restarted in plain Safe Mode under my own Administrator Account Successfully Ran System Info Hardware Resources IRQ's All Devices OK Conflicts Sharing No problems seen Disconnected all USB devices except wireless mouse and external hard drive Ran System Restore - Restore to most recent restore point saved by System on PM Restart to Normal Blue Screen Turn off machine - - No USB devices connected except wireless mouse transmitter Turned on machine to F - Safe Mode with Networking Blue Screen crash and auto-restart Restarted in plain Safe Mode under my own Administrator Account Successfully System Message quot System Restore from - did not complete successfully Your computer's system files and settings were not changed quot Details quot An unspecified error occurred during System Restore You might want to try System Restore again and choose a different Restore Point quot I have a Vista Ultimate upgrade install disk and I wonder if it would correct everything while installing or if this would just compound my problem I am hoping someone may be able to help me recover my system Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Blue screen when trying to start Vista in Normal mode

Hi buggywhip7

I believe your Hp has a restore partition that can do either complete or partial restores. You'd press the F10 key at startup to try either of those. [Did you create a Recovery Disk when you first brought the PC home?] If you have decent backups, you could go the complete recovery option - but you'll have to restore all data and programs added since you bought the PC. If you do a partial restore, use a date from before you installed Jetico.

Some other quicker-fix ideas ---
1) Try a run of the Vista version of Windows File Protection from Safe Mode --- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us
2) You could try a run of Vista's "System Restore" from Safe Mode - again, choosing a restore point from before Jetico was installed.
3) I only recommend one Registry Cleaner, and only for severe cases like yours -- CCleaner. It might help cleanup after Jetico's mess. --- http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...-10315544.html --- Run the Cleaning functions to clean temp files, then run the Issue functions to clean the Registry. Run the Issues functions until CCleaner reports "no issues found".

There are many reasons for the stop error you are receiving -- in many cases, they arise from troublesome drivers. Among the drivers that can cause that error are the drivers for your network device (onboard ethernet, wireless, or PCI card) -- I noticed that you blue-screen even in Safe Mode if you add the Networking support. Perhaps Jetico alters your network drivers when it installs, and then when it's uninstall went badly, it left your network drivers in a Twilight Zone. So, another quick fix would be --
4) Reinstall your network drivers from Safe Mode.

There are other repairs to try, so if these either don't work, or seem unpalatible, let us know, and we'll try some other approaches.
Best of luck!
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-blue-screen-when-trying-to-start-vista-in-normal-mode-184239.html
Relevancy 83.39%

On a shared Windows 7 laptop, I turned it on and it boots normally then a couple of seconds after my home screen comes on it goes to a white screen and the only thing I can do is ctrl+alt+del and restart/sleep mode/hibernate/shutdown. All other options lead right back to white screen. Even booting in safe mode and safe mode with networking do the same thing. The only options that work is safe mode with command prompt or advanced boot options from BIOS +f8. On start up my computer does run an automatic check disk operation and that has run but nothing else. I have a FRST scan result and have not done anything else. Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490968/white-screen-on-normal-boot-and-safe-mode/
Relevancy 83.08%

My computer had that nasty redirecting virus, so we ran Combofix and it has been working fine until this evening.

The computer is not booting in any mode. When I try to boot normally, it goes to the loading screen, then the blue screen of death pops up for about a second and then the computer restarts. This happens in almost every mode except Safe Mode, where it loads all the drivers and then restarts.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

A:Computer not booting in any mode; Blue screen of death

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273050/combofix-and-pciidesys/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275326/computer-not-booting-in-any-mode;-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 82.46%

I bought a second hand old toshiba satellite l300 laptop from a garage sale because i was planning to use it for downloading it was a vista home premium so i updated it to windows 7 ultimate the problem is when i open it after upgrading (after few minutes) it freezes to white, blue or black screen. I rebooted it several times the same result happens.

I tried using it own safe mode but I don't experience the same problem, i just want to know what could be the possible reason for this to occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391113-laptop-freezes-white-sometimes-blue-black-screen-normal-mode.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi I have a Dell Vostro Laptop with the OS Windows XP SP Home Editon which recently got infected by trojan vundo virus and since then it has ceased to start in the normal start up mode and always throws a blue screen Its a bit strange that my system got infected even though I had a valid Norton Antivirus What I have done till now I have gone ahead and run Marlwarebytes scan on my system in safe mode and it did comeup showing around infection many of which it was able to quarantine but for few it said it required a system restart but unfortunately even afer the restart it was not able to remove them completely and all my subsequent Marlwarebytes scan happen to show the same infections again and a Crashing Windows in Normal | Infected Mode Screen XP Virus Blue with | again While searching the net i happen to come across combofix and followed all the instructions listed in the link http www bleepingcomputer com combofix how-to-use-combofixand my marlwarebytes scan after the Windows XP | Virus Infected | Crashing with a Blue Screen in Normal Mode combofix run did not find any infections But Windows XP | Virus Infected | Crashing with a Blue Screen in Normal Mode my computer still is not able to startup in normal mode and its still crashing with the blue screen When i looked into the Windows Event Viewer I see number of errors with event id as listed belowEvent ID - The following boot-start or system-start driver S failed to load AFDAPRDRVBeepBHDrvx ccHPeeCtrlFipsIDSxpx intelpmIPSECNDISNetBIOSNetBTRasAcdSRTSPSRTSPXTcpipEvent ID Any help in Windows XP | Virus Infected | Crashing with a Blue Screen in Normal Mode this regards will be really appreciated I am also attaching the combofix logs for reference Thanks Reji

A:Windows XP | Virus Infected | Crashing with a Blue Screen in Normal Mode

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums and then only when requested by a HJT Team member. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for general public or personal use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.Please create a new topic explaining the nature of your problem in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.Thank you for using BleepingComputer as your malware removal source.This topic is now closed. If you have any questions, please PM me or another Moderator.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266789/windows-xp-virus-infected-crashing-with-a-blue-screen-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 82.46%

Hello My computer Toshiba Satellite Intel Celeron M Processor GHz MB of RAM System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack For the past few days my computer has been battling a plethora Mode Windows on and Blue Malware Error Screen Normal Click of malware and Windows Click Malware and Blue Screen Error on Normal Mode other issues I believe it all began when a program called AV Care unknowingly wound up on my computer I tried to get rid of it using Ad-Aware but apparently there were too many programs running at once and my computer crashed giving me the blue screen The screen stated that the error was DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I tried rebooting in normal mode a few times but in every single instance after Windows Click Malware and Blue Screen Error on Normal Mode I signed on I would get the blue screen I was finally able to reboot the computer in safe mode and scanned by computer using Ad-Aware and AVG According to both scan results I have multiple viruses and malware on my computer I have SpywareBlaster free version but I cannot get it to work I also cannot get Windows Media Player to work as it says it is missing a component I also deleted the AV Care program from my computer through the Control Panel I assume it was successful because I no longer see it on my desktop Still I notice that sometimes when I restart my computer I still get the blue screen with the same error message but now it seems to be more random I also downloaded and ran a program called TrojanRemover but I am not sure how much help it is providing Whenever I am on the internet and try to use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox it takes me to some random page After researching I realize that I have the windowclicks com malware I am not sure how bad it is having an effect on my computer but I am most concerned about the blue screen errors Any help would be much appreciated P S I do have ComboFix but I have not used it as instructed DDS Ver - - - NTFSx DSREPAIR Run by Jerel at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning disabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning disabled Outdated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system ACS exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Jerel Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www comcast net comcast html uSearch Bar hxxp www comcast net toolbar search uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mSearchAssistant hxxp www comcast net toolbar search uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Comcast Toolbar e bd f- b d- e- be-be df d ae - c progra comcas COMCAS DLL BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- ... Read more

A:Windows Click Malware and Blue Screen Error on Normal Mode

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251800/windows-click-malware-and-blue-screen-error-on-normal-mode/
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi. I've been here before, but my user name wasn't recognized.

Anyway, as my topic line said, XP won't boot. I can get to the screen where I can choose Safe Modes, Last know good configuration, and Normal, but which ever I select, it keeps restarting to the same screen.

I was infected with these virus that have been going around for a few months, and thought that I got rid of it. My computer has been working fine for the past 2 months w/o any glitches until today. The IE8 was very slow in loading, if it loads at all.

I ran Norton's 360, SuperAntiSpyware, Win Defender, and ESET Free Online Scanner and didn't find anything. I uninstalled IE8, planning a new re-install since I'm not sure if it was corrputed. And now here I am.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

A:XP won't boot. It gets to select safe mode/normal screen and keep looping.

Hey Vince ,,
I am working on the same issue right now.. my son's friend just stopped in and knew I am dell certified but I haven't had to resolve this sort of issue for some time now.. so I need a refresher course here and I swing through this site now and again to find some of the more difficult solutions.

I know they are a great bunch here.. so lets see if we can get this fixed .. intitially the computer would not go into safe mode nor normal.. and that was that got the blue screen.. stop code and well i got past that by doing this..
I went through the console repair which had it going into windows which I think is what needs to be done now .. after getting it into windows I found malware, Trojans and adware then on restart it is doing the same thing as you describe (looping) so I think my best and your best bet is to get the windows XP cd out and put it in the cd drive and start the computer up.. and press f12 till you get the boot menu then select the cd rom drive and in a second you will be told to proceed press any key.. be sure to hit one fast .. then it will start to load windows set up.. once you come to the screen you want to press enter to continue here.. then press f8 at this screen to accept the agreement and then the next window enter the R key.. and then select the drive which will be windows C which should be number 1
then you want to let the computer do its thing about 40 minutes or so.. and then it should resolve the complete post problem we are having.. you can email me if you wish.. ladagosta at gmail dot com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278944/xp-wont-boot-it-gets-to-select-safe-modenormal-screen-and-keep-looping/
Relevancy 82.46%

Yesterday I ran Malware Bytes and McAfee because I started to get random pop-ups when I normally do not Both programs showed no problems I also cleaned the disk space which had screen not black or mode--blank normal boot XP in will safe not been done in a while This morning all icons were missing from the screen--it was just a blank black screen so I shut down by pressing the power button When I turned the laptop back on and I try to boot in Normal and Safe mode it will not do so With Normal mode it goes to a blank black screen and does not even go to the quot Windows Loading quot screen For Safe mode it begins to list a bunch of drivers etc but it seems to get stuck with only half the screen filled with the list and will not move past that point I wish I could install HijackThis and run XP will not boot in normal or safe mode--blank black screen it as it has worked for me in the past but I cannot even get my laptop to load I do not have an XP installation disc but do have the Recovery Console on my boot up menu I have tried running ChkDsk FixMBR FixBoot but to no avail Help

A:XP will not boot in normal or safe mode--blank black screen

Can you do a CTRL+ALT+DEL and start a new task called explorer.exe?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356791/xp-will-not-boot-in-normal-or-safe-mode-blank-black-screen/
Relevancy 82.46%

HI folks,

First post here, and looking for some advice for a complete PC/Software/hardware novice....

My Girlfriends lovely laptop will not boot up into windows....
Blue screen of death appears...
with the following info (not sure how much is relevant / irrelevant???)

"IRQL not less or equal"

0x0000000A (0x80EE5FF0, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x805218D4)

I can't start into safe mode either... screen freezes with all the MS-DOS lines...???
And last trusted version of windows doesn' help either...
I don't know if she's updated anything recently or installed anything???

Any guidance or info MUCH appreciated...

"Get a new GF / PC" is not what I'm looking to hear!!!

Relevancy 82.46%

My computer can now only run in safe mode (not with networking)~

Please help!!!

INFO TO DESCRIBE THE PROBLEM:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000010
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF880014F35D6
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\040411-23914-01.dmp
C:\Users\Suzanna\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43493-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7001
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic

A:Blue Screen ~PLEASE HELP!!!~ Can only run in SAFE MODE

Are you able to upload the Minidump files? These are located in your Windows folder under Minidump. You can just zip them up and add them to your post. This should help establish the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-please-help-can-only-run-in-safe-mode.989639/
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi. My computer automatically starts in menu. Windows will not start normally.
It will not let me go into safe mode. When I click on safe mode and enter it keeps repeatng
system 32 over and over. Then the screen turns blue with a stop error then I cannot
do anything else. F8 will not do anything.
'' Please help''

A:Blue screen no safe mode

If your keyboard has a F-lock key, press it first before F8.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-no-safe-mode.562779/
Relevancy 82.46%

Hello,
I have a virus on my computer and it was recommended that i restart it in safe mode and do virus scans. So i tried to restart my computer in safe mode. I went to start then msconfig then to boot.ini and then clicked safeboot. Now everytime a restart the computer it goes directly to the screen where you can pick safemode, safemode with prompts, etc. No matter which selection i pick, once i pick it, a blue screen comes up saying i have an error and i need to check CHKDSK /F and at the bottom of the screen it has
0x0000007b (0xf789e524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). please help.

I have a windows XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-in-safe-mode.149234/
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi. My other computer, a Dell, is old, and i've been having problems with it for a while. I did something to make my video card come out. Then when i turned it back on it was the blue screen saying bad_pool_caller. I tried to restart in safe mode, but the same blue screen kept appearing. I have quite a few things i need from that comp. is this the end for it, or is there something else i can do? will taking it to geek squad help?

Thanks, Brad

A:Blue screen - even safe mode

Hi Brad, and welcome to TSF!

First, what OS is this older computer running? What happens if you try to boot from the last known good config?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-even-safe-mode-173969.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Ok so i have an HP G and I was playing League of Legends on it All of a sudden the game freezes and doesn't respond to anything I have to force shutdown and i tried it - more times each time it does the same thing I have played the game the night before and it was never a problem So i do some windows updates thinking maybe i Mode on [Get Safe blue in screen log only Can otherwise] needed to update my graphics cards drivers and it turned out there was an update but Can only log on in Safe Mode [Get blue screen otherwise] from that moment on after i restarted and tried to log on I would just get the blue screen crash memory dump It would happen right after the windows logo pops up Can only log on in Safe Mode [Get blue screen otherwise] on the screen and the only way i was able to Can only log on in Safe Mode [Get blue screen otherwise] access anything on the computer was going into safe mode with networking I tried doing what I could from there and this includes repair and recovery with no luck So i decided to cut my losses and restore factory settings it did that no problem but again when i tried to log in to finish it it would just crash with that awesome blue screen again Now i can't even get into safe mode because i need to finish restoring I can't log in at all Please someone HELP

A:Can only log on in Safe Mode [Get blue screen otherwise]

Hi AW0S

Can you tell me what the stop code is or was ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286435-can-only-log-safe-mode-get-blue-screen-otherwise.html
Relevancy 82.46%

I'm working on a friends Dell that obviously has viruses. When i try to open Internet explorer it closes as soon as it opens. I need to do this to get to the website of the virus sofware that I prefer to download it. So I tried to log in Safe Mode, but I get a blue screen that says bad_pool_caller and at the bottom has some codes, one of them is STOP: 0x000000c2. Can anyone help me?

A:Safe Mode gives Blue Screen

You can try getting into the Administrator account. In there you might be able to access the internet. BTW, If your friend has viruses Internet Explorer is not going to help much. Almost anything is better than IE.

Go to Control Panel \ User Accounts \ "Change the way users log on or off"

un-check both of the boxes and click "Apply Options"

Log off

Log on with the name "Administrator"

try messing around in there...

also if your friend has a firewall it is possible the firewall is set to deny access to certain programs or internet use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/safe-mode-gives-blue-screen-353530.html
Relevancy 82.46%

My laptop was infected with a malware viruus earlier today I ran Screen Mode in Blue Safe SpySweeper MalwareBytes and Symantec Anti-virus and that seemed Blue Screen in Safe Mode to get rid of the virus HOwever Blue Screen in Safe Mode when I try to get into safe mode I get a blue screen The blue screen has practically no text just a question mark and something that looks like a corner of a box I have run ComboFox and I will include that log along with the hijackthis log Note I had a similar problem last month which is why I checked Safe Mode After running Combofix I was able to get into Safe Mode but this time is different I never finished the responses from my last post because the motherboard died or something HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRConsumerService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager DocMgr bin docmgr exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Common DataServer exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Secure Update AutoUpdate exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM Rpcnet exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqnrs exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files NTRU Cryptosystems NTRU Hybrid TSS v bin tcsd win exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system HPZinw exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www att net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig d... Read more

A:Blue Screen in Safe Mode

ComboFix 09-11-28.03 - Jessie Morgan 11/28/2009 19:19.2.2 - x86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.2046.1307 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
AV: Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {FB06448E-52B8-493A-90F3-E43226D3305C}
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Infected copy of c:\windows\system32\autochk.exe was found and disinfected
Restored copy from - c:\windows\system32\dllcache\autochk.exe
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2009-10-28 to 2009-11-29 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-11-28 17:32 . 2009-11-28 18:50 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Local Settings\Application Data\gmilby
2009-11-28 14:35 . 2009-11-28 14:35 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Youdagames
2009-11-27 01:20 . 2009-11-27 01:20 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Westward
2009-11-27 01:20 . 2009-11-27 01:20 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Sandlot Shared
2009-11-25 14:32 . 2009-11-25 14:32 152576 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_17\lzma.dll
2009-11-25 14:32 . 2009-11-25 14:32 79488 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_17\gtapi.dll
2009-11-23 15:02 . 2009-11-23 15:02 5562672 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Application Data\TVU Networks\AutoUpgrade\TVUPlayer2.4.9.1.exe
2009-11-23 15:02 . 2009-11-23 15:02 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Application Data\TVU Networks
2009-11-23 02:40 . 2009-11-23 02:40 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\GameHouse
2009-11-22 00:47 . 2009-11-22 00:47 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\EscapeTheMuseum2
2009-11-12 14:13 . 2009-11-12 14:13 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Alawar Stargaze
2009-11-10 14:14 . 2009-11-10 14:14 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Application Data\Playrix Entertainment
2009-11-07 14:54 . 2009-11-07 14:55 1794456 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Application Data\Move Networks\MoveMediaPlayerWin_071701000002.exe
2009-11-06 23:34 . 2009-11-07 00:25 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Islands
2009-11-02 14:14 . 2009-11-02 14:14 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Application Data\ElementalsTheMagicKey
2009-11-01 14:45 . 2009-11-01 14:45 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Application Data\Dekovir
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-11-29 00:32 . 2008-12-19 00:53 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Symantec AntiVirus
2009-11-29 00:31 . 2007-07-02 10:16 17408 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\rpcnetp.exe
2009-11-29 00:31 . 2007-07-01 00:39 56680 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\Rpcnet.dll
2009-11-28 23:56 . 2007-07-02 10:18 17408 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\rpcnetp.dll
2009-11-27 01:20 . 2007-07-02 19:33 -------- d---a-w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP
2009-11-26 16:45 . 2007-04-25 17:41 29681 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\nvModes.dat
2009-11-26 14:53 . 2009-02-06 22:30 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\BigFishGamesCache
2009-11-25 14:33 . 2007-04-25 17:54 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Java
2009-11-21 19:16 . 2009-03-17 20:10 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Application Data\Move Networks
2009-11-19 13:56 . 2009-10-13 18:51 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Jessie Morgan\Application Data\PlayFirst
2009-11-19 13:56 . 2009-10-13 18:26 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\PlayFirst
2009-11-15 15:00 . 2009-09-04 00:19 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Sandlot Games
2009-11-12 04:59 . 2007-06-05 00:0... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-in-safe-mode.881245/
Relevancy 82.46%

Hello, Ive had my laptop just over a year now, and have had no problem with it till yesterday. I recently installed a new printer and three days later all I get is the "blue screen of death" I have tried starting with repairs and it says there is no problem. I tried starting it up in safe mode, safe mode + networking, and safe mode + command prompt and continue to receive the blue screen. Can anyone help?

Try "Last Known Good Configuration (advanced) "

if not work

Try "Disable automatic restart on system failure "

and post back the error message here .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-in-safe-mode.993924/
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi

sorry if this has been covered (but cant seem to find anything in the search which is the same)

i get a blue screen when i select my login (windows xp professionol edition) even in safe mode

this is what it says

STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005 0X80550CAD 0XF4F35968 0X00000000)

0X0000008E far as i can find i guess this is something to do with a driver?

as for the rest i dont know as i cant find any numbers the same as mine

is the anything on the computer while star up that i can see what is failing?

thanks for any help

A:blue screen even in safe mode

No easy solution.Windows XP Common Issues Introduction to Windows NT Stop Errors - http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/bsod.php Aumha, STOP Messages - http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm Windows XP Stop Errors - http://kadaitcha.cx/xp/stop_error.html Windows XP Stop messages - http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228317/blue-screen-even-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 82.46%

I am fairly experienced with computers even Blue Safe Screen Mode for and have been working off and on as a technicial since Windows I can usually figure something out with enough searching but I am stummped here It helps that I got out of most tech work and went into programming full time about years ago In any case I attempted by first Windows upgrade from Windows I used the downloaded installer It seemed to go fine but I got excited and made the rookie mistake of trying to updated too many of my apps before rebooting -- even thought they had not to my recollection asked for a reboot Now all I get is a blue screen displaying INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED I finally Blue Screen even for Safe Mode found the way to get into safe mode and it does the same thing Here are the pertinant details Windows Pro x in-place upgrade from Windows Home Premium x HP laptop dv - cl GB RAM About GB HDD with about GB Free space remainingHere are some of the things I stupidly installed without rebooting Latest NVIDIA driverComcast Constent Guard uses Norton and other tools including apparently an AntiLoggerWindows Phone SDK which has its own set of Blue Screen even for Safe Mode dependancies it installsI haven t made a mistake like that in many years and while I was glad it was to my own machine rather than someone elses I would really like to be able to boot it again Thank you for your help We Blue Screen even for Safe Mode all get stuck once in a while -- that is how we learn EDIT I did read through the instructions for posting about BSOD but the two tools listed on the top require that you can run them Apparently both are -bit apps which will not run from command prompt in the recovery console That is the only thing I currently have access to unless I am missing something

A:Blue Screen even for Safe Mode

Hi

If you did not connect any new hardware to the system then that is probably a device driver error. If it is also happening in Safe Mode then it is probably a device driver loaded by a service that is marked as BOOT START.

If you can get to the option to choose safe mode then you should be able to do this.
Check out this tutorial and see if you can get to the System Restore part (basically, choose System Restore instead of Windows Startup Settings in the Advanced Options screen)...
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/system-restore-from-windows-8-recovery-environment/

You may have a restore point that will take you back to prior to you adding the item that is causing the blue screen.

James

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483044/blue-screen-even-for-safe-mode/
Relevancy 82.46%

Well another problem for you, I was online and recieved a virus alert "Trojan Bloodhound Exploiter" , I think that was what it was . Anyway I tried to run Ewido Virus scanner in safe mode ,but The blue screen appeared saying " IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and it wont allow me to go into safe mode to check. I did run it in normal mode ,as with Nortons Anti Virus and nothing showed up. The only other thing I have done is used an old USB 2.5 Hard drive in my pC . Sometimes it loads sometimes it doesnt , I wiped old partions on it ,and I sometimes just pull it out of the usb port ,because it wont shut down ,via the stop Hardware Icon in the task bar, there u go ,any help would be appreciated.
regards Paul

Try running Norton in safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-in-safe-mode.474293/
Relevancy 82.46%

hi every i am reduced to using my sister s computer to post this thread this morning i turned on my computer and it said i had a software hardware change that may have caused windows to not start successfully i chose start windows normally at first and it went to a blue screen of death it flashed away in a second so i couldn t read it it restarted itself and safe mode! Blue no and screen when it came back to that quot windows did not start quot etc i chose start in safe mode and Blue screen and no safe mode! it went back to the blue screen which then flashed away again and restarted itself i ve tried both the other options to see wat would happen and yes the blue screen returned on both occasions with safe mode and networking and safe mode with command prompt basically i can t access my computer AT ALL any help would be appreciated greatly and thanks in advance to anyone who can get me out of this ordeal nbsp

Relevancy 82.46%

I tried going into Safe Mode earlier this week and I get a Blue Screen saying an error ocurred. I am running Windows XP. My computer recently had a malware/spyware type virus, and I went into Safe Mode in order to run scans, however this might not be related (I still have the malware, but that's a different issue).

A:Blue Screen going into Safe Mode

jess0789 said:

I tried going into Safe Mode earlier this week and I get a Blue Screen saying an error ocurred. I am running Windows XP. My computer recently had a malware/spyware type virus, and I went into Safe Mode in order to run scans, however this might not be related (I still have the malware, but that's a different issue).Click to expand...

It's actually quite surprising how many things you'd expect to do in Safe Mode yet cannot and lots of malware scans are included in that. If you see that Stop Error Message on a blue screen again, take a note of the first set of characters - 0x000000? - and post it so someone can advise on the fix. What are you using to fix the malware? You don't want it hanging around. Try Spybot from http://www.security.kolla.de and MalwareBytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org. They are both easy to use and effective but you also need a resident guard and AVG has a free version of its anti-virus and anti-spyware mix at http://www.free.grisoft.com.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-going-into-safe-mode.868392/
Relevancy 82.15%

I frequently get the BSOD error when I try to enter sleep mode. I followed the BSOD posting instructions thread. I believe all the relevant information is attached, and my system specs were set using SystemInfo.exe. Thanks for your time.

A:Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Problem Sleep Mode

No DMP's included.
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219025-blue-screen-death-bsod-problem-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 81.53%

I have - screen mode normal after and selection. issue Boot safe black to fix a P Ghz computer with XP Pro and a GB HDD I have no idea what happened to it previously All I know is that it needs repair When I boot up it goes through post and memory check just fine I also notice that the screen resolution is out of wack but I figure I can always fix that later Sometime after the memory check Boot issue - black screen after safe and normal mode selection. the screen goes off and shows this red box saying something like quot The input signals are nowhere to be found Boot issue - black screen after safe and normal mode selection. monitor will shut down in seconds quot Usually it gives seconds shuts off and then comes back on I ve Boot issue - black screen after safe and normal mode selection. restarted the computer many times - and it always happens in that sequence Then there s the HDD boot up It always brings me to the quot Last Known Good Configuration quot screen where I must choose between Safe Mode Safe Mode with Net or Normal I have gotten to the point where I ve tried all of the above options it gives me that white horizontal loading bar at the bottom which reaches the other end - and hangs I ve left it on for hours nothing ever comes on The screen is perpetually black I ve tried the bootable CD which gets me past the load bar up to the trademark Windows XP black screen load bar From here it takes me to a black screen and I ve sat there listening to the HDD to see if it s reading - but all I hear is silence I ve also swapped the hard drive with a working GB drive and I still get the same results At this point I m not quite sure what it is I could try swapping the IDE cables but when I check in BIOS both GB and GB drives have been detected Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 81.53%

Windows was stuck, so turned it off. Scndsk ran when restarted. Stuck again. Now at every option at the F8 reboot screen, screen goes to blue screen saying windows xp has shut down. uninstall scndisk and any anti viral, new software, etc. I have a winsows XP and SP2 OS disk that came with another computer, that I thought might work, but don't want to try this without checking. If I can use it, will I loose files? tried to attach a photo of screen. thanks

A:xp won't open in safe mode-goes to blue screen

Hi

STOP 0x00000024 NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM usually indicates a corrupt file system.

First you are going to need the Windows XP CD. If you do not have one you can download the Windows XP recovery Console ISO from here.
Write it to CD using a program like ImgBurn.
Once written to CD, boot your PC with the CD or with the Windows XP CD.
On the first screen press "r" to enter the recovery console (3rd option).
When asked which Windows you want to log in to type in the number that corresponds to the correct installation (Usually "1")
Enter the Administrator password (if asked) else just press enter if you do not have one.
Then at the command prompt type

Code:
chkdsk c: /r
and enter.
Allow chkdsk to run.
If any errors are found then run chkdsk again until no errors are found.
Restart the PC once done.

For a more detailed document (with screen shots) on how to enter the recovery console see How to Enter Windows XP Recovery Console

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-open-in-safe-mode-goes-to-blue-screen-558638.html
Relevancy 81.53%

I was on my laptop organizing all the files when I accidentally unplugged the power cord resulting in it turning off When I turned it back on it flashed the blue screen once and restarded I kept trying to turn it on and the same thing kept happening When I tried running it in Safe Mode it would show Safe Screen Prevents Blue Mode the windows files loading screen and continue to the regular loading screen where it would pop up a blue screen that said A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options suck Blue Screen Prevents Safe Mode as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press Blue Screen Prevents Safe Mode F Blue Screen Prevents Safe Mode to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical information STOP x x BC x x FD x nbsp

A:Blue Screen Prevents Safe Mode

Hi, STOP: 0x00000050 is usually hardware related - including Ram - Drivers - System files etc.
First try a Start up repair - you will need the install DVD.
Vista repair options
http://tnthelpforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=177

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-prevents-safe-mode.1105458/