Windows Support Forum

Dropped laptop, now it freezes

Q: Dropped laptop, now it freezes

Hello all!! I am a computer technician and recently my father just dropped the family laptop who then tried to turn it on which was a failure. A couple hours later I took a look at it and it turned back on for me and let me sign in, however 30 min. after the boot up it just froze and had to be manually rebooted. I already ran a check disk and everything seems to be fine with the hdd I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to fix the issue? The laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-NW240F running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dropped laptop, now it freezes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dropped laptop, now it freezes

Try removing the hard drive and memory and re-seating them... Is the LCD damaged?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dropped-laptop-now-it-freezes.181870/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi so i have a IBM laptop and it was dropped from my bed the laptop is a window xp 32bit after being dropped i quickly re booted it everything was fine but then as i logged in the laptop worked normally ( as in fast ) then after about 25 seconds it freezes everything is slow the mouse still moves but the taskbar doesn't appear till like 3 minutes later any icon i click doesn't open at all anything i type to run doesn't work. it works fine in safe mode so i don't really know whats wrong. help when i log off or sleep it has a whole bunch of program not responding and also when i was re booting Symantec was removing threats.

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi TSF This is my first freezes laptop, at desktop Dropped now computer post here so feel free to point me to a specific sticky if what I'm saying is redundant That being said I think I've checked the stickies that seemed slightly relevant to my situation and it wasn't helpful Yesterday I was walking down the stairs with my laptop watching a video when I slipped and I dropped my laptop from about metres up My laptop hit the ground and the screen went fuzzy and the audio stuck so I cold-booted my laptop It started up just fine and I thought everything was okay I played a movie Dropped laptop, computer now freezes at desktop to check that the sound and video cards were still working However when I turned it on this morning my laptop would get stuck on the desktop page right after the login screen My desktop icons would load up and everything but when I would mouse over them they wouldn't be highlighted I had to wait a good five minutes before I could actually click on anything and get a response and it was still really slow The quot My Computer quot part of the start menu took at least minutes to open up and that was only just the window so at this point I figured that maybe there has been some sustained damage to my laptop I asked a couple of friends and I get the feeling that only my hard drive has been damaged My question is what do I do now I don't have backups so I need to backup my hard drive first so should I use a linux CD to access my hard drive to back things up tl dr I dropped my laptop it freezes at the desktop screen I think it might be a hard drive problem what do I do now THANKS D

A:Dropped laptop, computer now freezes at desktop

On another computer, download the ISO image (depending on the HDD manufacturer) for either Seatools, Drive Fitness, or WD DataLifeGuard in my signature and burn the Image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the drive. If there are too many errors, the drive will need to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dropped-laptop-computer-now-freezes-at-desktop-644690.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I saw in another forum post that this information can be very useful in diagnosing issues I RMA'd my graphics card so unless I got two faulty ones that shouldn't be the problem Here is a Events Dropped Hard Transport?) the Been Freezes Computer By Have (Audit speccy screenshot http speccy piriform com results HY WhRJG EJKb iVe Q p MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by ath administrator on - - at Running from C Users ath Downloads Computer Hard Freezes (Audit Events Have Been Dropped By the Transport?) Microsoft Windows Home X Model To Be Filled By O E M Manufacturer To Be Filled By O E M Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Computer Hard Freezes (Audit Events Have Been Dropped By the Transport?) Application errors Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-RestartManager User DESKTOP-HTCN P Description Application or service 'AMD FUEL Service' could not be restarted Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name WhatsNew Store exe version Computer Hard Freezes (Audit Events Have Been Dropped By the Transport?) time stamp x bf a Faulting module name twinapi appcore dll version time stamp x fa a Exception code xc b Fault offset x f Faulting process id x e Faulting application start time xWhatsNew Store exe Faulting application path WhatsNew Store exe Faulting module path WhatsNew Store exe Report Id WhatsNew Store exe Faulting package full name WhatsNew Store exe Faulting package-relative application ID WhatsNew Store exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name SystemSettings exe version time stamp x f ae Faulting module name MusUpdateHandlers dll version time stamp x a d Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id xa c Faulting application start time xSystemSettings exe Faulting application path SystemSettings exe Faulting module path SystemSettings exe Report Id SystemSettings exe Faulting package full name SystemSettings exe Faulting package-relative application ID SystemSettings exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name SystemSettings exe version time stamp x f ae Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x c f Exception code xc Fault offset x e Faulting process id x bbc Faulting application start time xSystemSettings exe Faulting application path SystemSettings exe Faulting module path SystemSettings exe Report Id SystemSettings exe Faulting package full name SystemSettings exe Faulting package-relative application ID SystemSettings exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name SystemSettings exe version time stamp x f ae Faulting module name MusUpdateHandlers dll version time stamp x a d Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xSystemSettings exe Faulting application path SystemSettings exe Faulting module path SystemSettings exe Report Id SystemSettings exe Faulting package full name SystemSettings exe Faulting package-relative application ID SystemSettings exe Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell User DESKTOP-HTCN P Description Activation of app Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy CortanaUI failed with error - See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-RestartManager User DESKTOP-HTCN P Description Application or service 'AMD FUEL Service' could not be restarted Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program GTAVLauncher exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel Process ID f Start Time d ffbd f Termination Time Application Path C Steam steamapps common Grand Theft Auto V GTAVLauncher exe Report Id da - e - e - dc -d ea Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell User DESKTOP-HTCN P Description Activation of ap... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597388/computer-hard-freezes-audit-events-have-been-dropped-by-the-transport/
Relevancy 51.6%

Dropped my Dell Inspiron M5010 a few days ago. Immediately after dropping, computer still worked (except that the lights that display charging, etc. were no longer lit). The next day the computer would boot with Dell logo, then stay on a dark gray screen. Tried a different power adapter and figured maybe something was wrong with the dc jack. Best Buy told me that my hard drive was messed up. Can that be so if it was working the night before? Thanks for the help.

A:Laptop Dropped...HELP!

Welcome to Tech Support Guy

It certainly could be the hard drive, if it is only that you are very lucky
It could be the motherboard
The first suspect is the hard drive, as presuming it is a spinning hard drive and not a solid state drive, the space between the read/write head and the disc is basically a hair`s breadth

Re the power and the dc jack - if the battery is still charged, you may eliminate that by booting battery only

Re the hard drive - if you can on the dell logo use F12 boot menu and boot to a bootable CD try that

If it is ONLY the hard drive and you take it out, it will or should still boot and then report the lack of BOOT DISC

Also by taking it out and connecting it in an enclosure to another computer, if it is accessible you will know if it is good or not

Depending on your ability and knowledge, although I can guide you, this is either a situation we can attempt to find the cause of here OR you are, if you cannot carry out such tests going to have to resort to the paying type of service - from such as Best Buy.

Do you have the user manual

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-dropped-help.1103705/
Relevancy 51.6%

As the heading says I dropped my Toshiba (about 6") and all I get now is the error message"disc/read error" followed by "press cont/alt/delete to reboot" which takes me back to the eror message.
Any help or ideas are most welcome.

Relevancy 51.6%

Toshiba Satellite-

Oh man- dropped my wife's older laptop off of coach. It landed on a wood floor-bottom first- at first I thought it was a clean/lucky fall, but no dice...

I took hard drive in/out, but it is still asking me for system disk to boot. Question- I of course need the data that is on there...I have a screwdriver...Should I attempt to open it and look for loose connections. If so, what am I looking for? Outside of that I guess I'm heading to computer store and will be sold the data recovery package....I'd rather not do that. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Relevancy 51.6%

Fixed a laptop problem and then ran into another one Put the laptop in a laptop bag unzipped and someone picked it up and launched it like feet in the air landing on to laptop my Dropped the Dropped my laptop nice rock hard kitchen floor It did a nice point landing on its corner side where the HD is Aside from the horrific dent on the corner and crack on the screen it boots up fine but where it landed is where the HD and crack begins When it boots up it doesn t detect the hard drive Whatever I do nothing will work I can get into bios and all that good stuff but no desktop I m gonna buy a new HD and get reimbursed for it so no big deal but is it most certainly a HD problem or could it be something else thats not working instead of the HD I wanna be sure before I buy it I m also a virgin when it comes to laptops so yea -Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I dropped my laptop off the arm of the couche it completely went off i turned it back on i had to run through error programs after doing all that it still never worked now when i switch it on it tells me a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart when i do this it brings me straight back to the same message help

A:dropped my laptop

Hi, Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run a test on the Hard Drive.  Post back with the details of any error messages. Can you also post back with the following details. 1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information. 2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).  Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/dropped-my-laptop/td-p/2553139
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay fellas, I dropped my Dell laptop.
No visible dents or scratches but when I plugged it in and tried to use it I got no picture /screen.
It sounded like it always did when it was starting up but I get no Windows welcome sound and just a dark screen.
Can some one tell me if I am in VERY VERY bad trouble or only bad trouble?
before I take it into get fixed I would like to know what to expect!
Thank you.

A:Dropped laptop

One of the connectors for the display could well have come loose when dropped. Its hard to say without stripping it and doing a proper investigation.

Try connecting an external monitor to it, and then using the blue function key and the monitor button to shift it to the external display. If it works on external display but not using its own display you know the issue is related purely to either the cable, or a damaged inverter/LCD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dropped-laptop.171616/
Relevancy 51.6%

i dropped my laptop from a coffee table. now everytime i pick up the laptop or move it, it freezes up. did i damage the hard drive or something else?

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a compaq cq62 and it was dropped it turned on after that and was working the next time i tired to turn in it on it turned on and a message saying it wanted to reboot software then it turned off after i got my login information in and i was looking threw my programs. Then it let me turn it on and keep it on 3 more times only staying on for 5 mins. Now it won't turn on at all. when i plug my power cord in the charger hole the light comes on saying its charging. I had the harddrive tested and it is working correctly. I was told it is the motherboard or the power supply how can i tell which one it is.

A:Dropped laptop

Have you tried using the laptop with the battery taken out?

Also, other stuff to try would be to boot it without some of the hard ware attached such as Hard Drive, wireless card, RAM if you have more then 1 stick, test each 1 separately. Dial Up Modem card if the laptop has it... Note: Only remove these items for testing if you are comfortable doing so/have before. Touching the hardware of a computer if you are not properly ground can damage the hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dropped-laptop.157144/
Relevancy 51.6%

I m not on a big budget either Before I continue let me tell my problem in detail My laptop is Acer Aspire G Specs are core i nvidia geforce M and GB RAM Dropped What's best bet? my laptop. my It is still under a year warranty and this is my second month Unfortunately it fell from about a foot high table It happened when Dropped my laptop. What's my best bet? I put my bag filled with other things including my laptop on the table and went for a drink Heard the thud sound and became gloomy the whole day My laptop till now has worked fine for all other normal stuffs but not for games My games stuttered badly FIFA and Homefront after the fall eventhough I have set it to the lowest setting However when I switched to Integrated Graphics HD to play the games it stuttered much less Problem is laptop shuts down automatically after minutes or so when I play FIFA with integrated graphics So what s the best option for me Should I use the warranty Is it true that it will expire after my first repair Should I go to the store and have it fixed without the warranty If so how much will they normally charge Is this a sign that my laptop will die after a few weeks Speedfan shows a temperature of C for my GPU Is this bad Is it because of the heat that it s stuttering I know I was careless but I ve had enough regrets and a broken mouse for the day thank you I m still kicking myself for it Would you mind helping Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

please help! just dropped my compaq laptop onto carpet. nothing broken but screen is blank. green light comes on but cannot turn on machine with on button. nothing happens with any button-any ideas??? please help.

A:Dropped Laptop!!!!

Try changing bios to boot from xp disk first (if available). Maybe hard drive is toast, and if the computer boots off of cd you could replace hard drive if bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropped-laptop.699344/
Relevancy 51.6%

My son dropped his Dell Inspiron n5110 at college.

His screen is black.
I had him hook it up and display on an alternate screen, and alternate through the monitor display functions.
He was able to see the Windows 7 start up screen on the alternate screen...but it went black after the Windows start up, except for his cursor.
So, he has the Windows start up screen and use of his cursor on the alternate, and nothing on the laptop screen.

I hoped his display had just switched monitors...no luck.
Then I hoped it was just a lose connection between the motherboard and the monitor...but now it seems more than that.

Any ideas what would explain his symptoms?

Relevancy 50.74%

Not certain if this is the most appropriate forum but please advise if not. I dropped my laptop! Hummmph! My HP Pavilion g6 (Win7) still runs but on pressing power button to start, it only gives a continuous series of short beeps and a blank screen - nothing else. My get-around at present is to tap F8 repeatedly. Then, if starting from hibernation, it will start normally. From a complete shutdown it will give me a variety of options and I can select "start normally" and it appears ok. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be and if it's correctable?

A:I dropped my laptop. Hummmmph!

Beep codes vary depending on what BIOS you have but I see at least one reference to a continuous beeping as an indicator of an overheating CPU. You probably should check to see if you have knocked the CPU/Chipset heatsink loose.

Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code | HP? Support

HP and/or YouTube should have disassembly instructions for your system. Also, check to see if the RAM is fully seated and all other connectors securely plugged in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-dropped-my-laptop-hummmmph-861802.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Signs of dropping appears to be internet disconnection sometimes, and sometimes the first letter that I type will be a number.

Is this something I should be concerned with? Something that will be a big problem in the future?

I dropped it right on the power line on the side of my laptop so when I plug in the power line it's kind of slanted in a way, if that makes sense but it still works great. I'm just kind of scared.

A:Dropped my laptop recently....

hi,

sounds like you might have a loose cable to keyboard and possibly the antenna came loose. and for the dc socket i would have that replaced as it will probably fail on you sometime. i would bring it in to be serviced unless its not under warranty and your comfortable with taking it apart to check things out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dropped-my-laptop-recently-658455.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My V3-571G fell about 15inches and now the speakers don't work.  The earphone speaker works but when i take earphones out I have not sound at all.  I took it to a tech person and he did the usual checks to make sure all the settings were okay and tested the speakers and the laptop said everthing should be working but there was no sound.  He then took the back of the laptop off and looked at the speakers.  No apparent damage to the speakers at all.  Speakers in place, no damage, connections in place as well.  No visual reason for them to be not working.  Anyone have any ideas.  He said it would be quite costly to replace them.  The Soud driver is completely up to date.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/I-dropped-my-laptop-and-now-the-speakers-don-t-work-on-my-v3/td-p/446287
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently dropped my laptop, and it froze, then told me to restart it the first it if this was the first time (witch it was). Now it makes an weird noise after turning off. When turning on it also makes a noise, a beep that lowers in loudness, then repeats itself..and when the bios loads it shows:
for Realtek rtl8139(x)/8130/810x pic fast enthhernet controller v2.16 (041224)
Pxe-e1: media test failure, check cable
Pxe-mof:existing pie rom.
Operating system not found

Sorry, it's kinda hard to type on this I pad.

A:Dropped and broken laptop

Some times it also says this:
Hdl10 bios version 61et37ww (v2.06)

CPU = 1 processor dected, cores per processor = 2
Intell(r) core(tm)2 CPU T5500 *weird symble here* 1.66GHz
512m system ram passed
2048k cache SRAM passed
System bios shadowed
Video bios shadowed
Fixed disk 0:
Atari cd-Rome: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N
Mouse initialized
ERROR
0200: failure fixed disk 0

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dropped-and-broken-laptop-657772.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all,
So my laptop got dropped yesterday while powered on. It had no adverse effects straightaway, but a couple hours later, turning it back on - it wouldn't start. It would come to the Windows logo OS loading splash screen, then freeze up.

Now it comes up with "Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer . . . I have no removable storage attached (ie SDHC card, flash drive, etc.) to it, so I'm concluding that the internal HD is messed up.

The I/O error code is: 0xc00000e9

Thoughts on this? My idea is to remove the HD and use an HD enclosure to mount it to my PC and test it out - I had just reloaded it due to a wi-fi connectivity problem, so I have no important data to save.

Relevancy 50.74%

Turned on my laptop today to find out it was not shut down properly It was on and my boyfriend dropped it off the chair but he said it was still working at that point Started windows normally started loading and then turned off Turned it back on and it came to a blue screen asking what I wanted to boot from I chose HDD and it started loading as usual but turned off again Third time I turned it on I went to safe mode which started up fine I went to check disk errors but - won't on laptop, Dropped turn help it said it would do it at the next start-up so I restarted it and it started the diskcheck and then turned off again After this it has not been able to turn on at all It is plugged in yet the light does not indicate that it is receiving any power I have taken the battery out and put it back in and pressed the reset button yet nothing has happened I am not that Dropped laptop, won't turn on - help worried about the laptop as it is over two Dropped laptop, won't turn on - help years old now but I was planning on Dropped laptop, won't turn on - help waiting until Windows came out to buy a new one so it is really annoying that it couldn t last another few months However it also has years worth of documents from uni photos and downloads that I do not want to lose Do you know what part of my laptop is broken would it be worth fixing it and will it still be possible to recover the files Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Dropped laptop, won't turn on - help

Your hard drive was likely damage beyond repair when the computer was dropped while still on. Hard drives cannot take that sort of damage.
It may be possible to put your hard drive into a hard drive enclosure such as Nextar 3, then export the files you need to another hard drive... because often a hard drive that will not boot, but will still spin, can be accessed.
When you do this do it quickly, as you cannot rely upon the hard drive to last very long if it works at all.
You can find the Enclosures at your friendly neighborhood computer supply store, or online at www.directron.com, www.newegg.com, www.Frys.com, www.outpost.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.tigerdirect.com and others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dropped-laptop-wont-turn-on-help.133324/
Relevancy 50.74%

Putting this in general because I don't know where else to put it.

So my friend dropped her laptop. This video shows what happens when you push the power button.

All I can say as of now is that the screen does not appear to be cracked or broken.

I'll update this thread as I investigate it more, but if anyone has any ideas, please chime in.

A:Dropped laptop -- Can't figure it out

Not much information to go on, (You didn't state what kind of Dell it is, or anything about it for that matter.)

This information is all from google.

8 Beeps on a dell typically means the LCD on system has failed, a 6 Beep code would mean you GPU.
That may suggest the lcd display panel or the signal going to the display. Could be the cable came loose when dropped as well. You could try dismantling the laptop and look for any loose cables. For that, you could put in youtube the name of the computer model followed by teardown.

Does the laptop have a vga out port? Or hdmi? Try connecting it to another display. (This most likely won't work, but you could try.)

There's a tag located on your laptop, probably the bottom, that lists the machine's Service Tag value. Go to support.dell.com--on another machine, of course--select 'Support for Home Users' and then 'Troubleshooting.' Enter the Service Tag in the appropriate field. The next page will give you the machine's warranty status. If you got it new, it should still be under warranty.

Contact Dell tech support about your problem. There are two ways: (1) telephone or (2) chat. By far, online chat is the best, but you'll need a working computer and the broken one.

At the top of the web page that you got the machine's warranty information from should be a 'Contact Us' entry. Select it, then select 'Contact Technical Support.' From there, open an online chat session. A Dell technician will debug your problem and either help you fix it, or have you bring it to a store or ship it to them for repair.

And your files should be fine. The problem is most likely not with the machine's hard drive.
But it is defiantly one of the many reasons you should have your files backed up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307468-dropped-laptop-cant-figure-out.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have dropped my laptop from off the couch on to the floor when I turn on my computer is says "Boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk"Hard Disk (3F0)Followed by a clicking sound which sounds like it is coming from the hard drive.Any solutions ?Thank you Shay

A:I have dropped my HP Pavilion laptop

Hi, From your description, I'd say you'll probably need to replace the HDD. See if you can run a test on it as follows. Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and see if you can run the tests on the Hard Drive. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Regards, DP-K 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-have-dropped-my-HP-Pavilion-laptop/td-p/5818933
Relevancy 50.74%

hey guys ive never needed to use a help site before but yesterday i dropped my laptop, the screen went black for a short moment before getting the blue screen. Now everyime i start up my laptop it gets the BSOD, i tryed running the startup repair but it detects no problems. I booted into safemode and got the following message

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80063B1010
BCP2: FFFFF88004926D20
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
im using an acer aspire laptop with windows 7 64 bit, which was installed by a computer tech last time i had troubles with it.

I dont really know anything about computers.

A:Dropped laptop - BSOD

bump

for some reason i cannot boot in safemode anymore, gets stuck on 'CLASSPNP.SYS'

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240806-dropped-laptop-bsod.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently dropped my laptop and there after it shutsdown  after some minutes
And when I turn it on it says "Your system automatically powered itself off because it became warmer
than expected. This may have been caused by:
o) operating or storing the system in an enviroment where the ambient
temp is too high or,
o) obstructing the air flow from the system fan vents.
If this problem recurs please call Dell Support wi
The fun works fine and the temperature is normal
What can the problem be

A:I dropped the laptop, now shutsdown?

Hi,
We?re listening. We?ll surely check and assist you. As you informed that the computer was dropped recently, the computer can turn off due to various reasons. It may be a software or a hardware issue. In order to isolate issues between hardware and software, we request you to complete the hardware diagnostics. You can refer to this link www.youtube.com/watch which is a video which shows the steps to complete the hardware diagnostics. Please share your findings, so that we can take this forward.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992483
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi.
I dropped a glass of water on my laptop last night.. its working ok.. but there is two keyboard keys playing up..
the "b" doing another function and when pressing "r" its writing "er"

any idea what i can do?

cheers
ash

A:Dropped water on my laptop

I researched, and I agree with Scorpian. Let it rest and dry out as soon as possible, it should be ok.

Water on Laptop Keyboard - Tech Support Guy Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279352-dropped-water-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a HP 430 laptop. I dropped it last night from 2 feet and it is not working now, it turns on but there is no startup only a blank screen but I can charge my phone and all. If there is a quick fix please tell me otherwise give me some excuses to tell to HP as it is still under warranty but not under accidental drop.

A:[SOLVED] Laptop dropped. How to fix ?

Do you or a friend have a standard monitor you can plug into the back of the laptop, just to see if it gets signal (possibly works)?

I only ask because you say it boots and you can even charge a phone, so it "may" just be the screen.

As far as bypassing HP's warranty, you could tell them anything, but when they get it, they'll look at it, say you dropped it and charge you anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-laptop-dropped-how-to-fix-690039.html
Relevancy 50.74%

it's an inspiron 6000, it's starts off booting up as normal, takes ages then the blue error screen appears, is there anything i can do?
tron

A:dropped laptop now bluescreen

Take it to a repair shop and have them check it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropped-laptop-now-bluescreen.747762/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi folks Big troubles here as one Laptop!! Solved: Dropped of my laptops just got launched from the kitchen table and its a mess Its a Sony Vaio VGN-N E that originally came with Vista then upgraded to XP and then WIN The dialogue box is quot Re-image your computer quot but I cannot seem to figure out what the computer wants Inside the same box its blank for current location of most recent system image But it also says if the system image is on a DVD insert Solved: Dropped Laptop!! the last DVD from the system image backup Whats that I do have a recovery disc and I tried everything on it but I get the same error message under quot Add Driver quot it tells me to quot Insert the installation media for the device and click OK to select the driver quot After trying everything on the recovery DVD I receive quot The specified location does not contain information about your hardware quot Solved: Dropped Laptop!! Thanks in advance for any and all help in advance Barry nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

hi, my mom dropped my laptop when she was cleaning my room, and the screen went off. i banged it a little, and it worked all of a sudden. but it wouldnt turn on again after standby or shutdown.

Relevancy 50.31%

i am using a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router (Model No. WRT54G) to connect my three home PCs together. The main computer is wired directly to the router. My 2nd PC and my laptop are connected wirelessly.
The laptop mysteriously dissapperred from the network and when I try to connect to the web thru I E, I get "cannot display page".. I tried running the network wizzards, i went into the router settings and made sure the wep key's were there, and all settings are the same. I am running windows xp home edit on all 3 pc's.

Relevancy 50.31%

Yesterday i accidentally dropped my laptop HP Pavilion G and the battery fell out it was plugged in at the time It didnt fall from much of a height so i thought it would be ok Upon starting it up again it came to a my startup Dropped problems now and with laptop black screen asking if i wanted to use startup repair or start up normally i swear i Dropped my laptop and now problems with startup clicked on start up normally but it chose startup repair regardless I left it overnight on the startup repair function as i heard it could take a Dropped my laptop and now problems with startup long time for the program to run when i woke up this morning it was on some HP recovery program i cant remember the exact name of it but Dropped my laptop and now problems with startup it gave me options like system restore system reset to factory conditions a repair function backing up files etc i clicked to backup files but after it had tried doing this for several minutes of so it came up with an error message saying it couldnt be done so i clicked on the repair function which lead me to three different options one for repairing windows partition one for recovery partition and one for command prompt x or something sorry i cant be more specific i dont remember the precise names but i tried all of these different repairs and none of them worked except for command prompt which opened the command window but not knowing what to do with the command window i returned to the initial recovery programme and clicked cancel and then the option to reboot the computer Upon restarting it said there was a disk read error So i restarted again and clicked on ESC to get other options just before the disk read error message I probably should have looked into the various options but i stupidly didnt and clicked on system recovery which sounded like the best option Now it has been stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot screen for a while and im not sure what to do Any help is much appreciated and im very sorry if my description lacks detail im happy to elaborate on any point if needed Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hope I'm in the right category...
I dropped my laptop last night, it literally flung from my hands and bounced down the hallway, and landed on the screen's side
I didn't check it right away cus I was on my way to bed and didn't want to go to bed angry... but this morning I plugged it in and "Voila!" a cracked screen!!
It's an older model laptop (Dell Inspiron 1000) so I was already thinking of buying a newer one, but I have all my work in this one, therefore I still need to get it out of there. Is replacing the screen my only option? Yes, huh? It powered on, it started up (cus I could hear the little Windows startup chime and everything... I even heard the little "plup" when Skype starts... but I can't see anyting! Any suggestions???
[ I am "so" in shock still... ]

Relevancy 50.31%

I accidently dropped my laptop on to its side. I turned it on and i was on skype and google for a while until i tried to search for a file and it froze and the a window came up saying somthing about Windows crashing. I did the little error test thing and it told me that the file was un-fixable. I don't think getting the disc to make it return to the factory setting would do anything because its corrupted i think. If you have any suggestions, please tell me.

A:I dropped my laptop, now have the error C:\clfs.sys

Make sure your hard drive is securely connected. Dropping it could have easily jarred it somewhat. The factory restore should not be corrupted. You should have a hot key to restore it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/240178-i-dropped-my-laptop-now-have-error-c-clfs-sys.html
Relevancy 50.31%

As you can see I ve tried to stick the whole problem into the title sometimes that just doesn t work too well so here s the story my laptop slid out of the bus seat and hit the metal bar on the seat in front of it right on the CD-ROM drive that fortunatly came out unharmed but I can t say as much for the computer I was able to open it up and hibernate it but when I got home it started acting all slow and stuff so I tried to reboot Now it won t even boot windows it just gets to the loading screen and then restarts I m trying to my it? do boot, laptop, open won't dropped how i find a way to open it up and fix it but I noticed that dropped my laptop, won't boot, how do i open it? there were screws under the monitor that I couldn t get to but for the life of me I couldn t get the monitor off I had a friend of a friend some tech guy tell me that somehow I can just pop off my keyboard or something and get to the RAM cause I think that s what I messed up knocked loose So a little insight here Computer Dell Inspiron eww I know nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I ve never opened a laptop so let s keep that in mind Last night my son dropped his laptop HP ProBook s I found out this morning opened it up and discovered that while he can still see what s going on on screen can still access the internet and do the bit that he does use on there he and dropped screen's Son junked... his laptop s a young teen the screen is a bit of Son dropped his laptop and screen's junked... a mess with some cracks and black patches So I think I know enough to have realized that he needs either to have the screen monitor replaced by the manufacturer or we need to find a new monitor that we can just plug into the VGA spot and the necessary cable or buy the necessary parts to replace it myself In that order I imagine - the most cost effective way is to do it ourselves The problem is that I have no idea where to look for parts what sites are trustworthy suppliers The other problem is that I can t seem Son dropped his laptop and screen's junked... to see where the little rubber covers are that need to be removed to remove the screws to even start taking the screen apart The only things that I see are little circular spots right along the edge of the screen where it hinges to the keyboard part but am afraid to try to poke at them and find they are not something I should be poking at you know Son dropped his laptop and screen's junked... No we bought no extended warranty package of any sort This was what he could afford as he paid for it himself with he d long been saving I guess I m looking for any input of any sort at this time Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

So I dropped my laptop from the table, and the top was facing down. Nothing happened to the screen and everthing seems to be working fine. When I checked on the bottom right near corner, the top panel popped open (very small opening). I just pushed it down and it locked back in place. But, I have noticed that it takes way longer to search for a wifi connection.When I tried to upload picture from my computer, it will not open the folder at all.Does that sound like a serious problem?  Also just noticed it takes a long time to shut down...

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Dropped-my-laptop-it-looks-fine-but-problem-with-wifi/td-p/466800
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi folks,

I dropped my old Dell Studio 15, and now it won't boot (it gets to the boot screen with the f12 and f2 options, but they don't work any more), although it still has power going to it. I wondered if there is any way I can get the files off of it by connecting to another laptop?
I have a Acer Aspire D255 netbook that I could use, but am not sure if or how I can connect them together? I also have an Apple iMac (sorry to mention that here) with NTFS reading software if that may help?
I vaguely remember something about connecting them with ethernet cables, but that may just be wishful thinking.

Any advice would very, very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

A:Dropped Laptop, need help to rescue date!

The best case would be to find someone with a desktop PC running Windows that you can use for this.

If you can connect this drive to a PC as a secondary drive you may be able to get the data off as easy as cut and paste to a USB stick.
Connecting it as a primary drive will probably fail because it will not be able to Start Windows.

The drive in your laptop could very well be an IDE connected drive (if it's pre 2008 then very likely).
The connections in the netbook are most likely SATA.
The IDE connections in a PC for a 3.5 inch drive are different than the IDE connections on a 2.5 inch drive. You will need to find and use a Mini-IDE to SATA adapter, or Mini-IDE to IDE cable to make the connections.

If the Dell HDD is SATA then the connections are straightforward and simple. 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch SATA drives use the same connectors.

The Apple computer is a possibility, as long as it has the correct connectors and can recognize the drive then you should be able to use the software to move the files. But if you run into any compatibility glitches, then go find a friend with a PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/235308-dropped-laptop-need-help-rescue-date.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Dear Experts

My Windows 7 laptop connected to internet via my mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 by tethering portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

I am a technician field and I need to connect my laptop via USB port to an Ericsson MiniLink (telecom NE) node to do configuration.

https://mazrilhisham.wordpress.com/2...p-carousel-241

Whenever I connect the USB cable from the laptop to Ericsson my internet gets dropped, while this didn?t happen to my coworker who is using the same laptop brand as mine.

By the way the Ericsson software that I installed on my laptop create the attached socket called : "Ericsson USBLAN adapter" on my computer's network and that would be used for the USB communication

Imgur

Any advice what should I do to avoid this problem

Thanks

A:Laptop’s internet via tethering gets dropped

If you do ipconfig /all when connected to the Internet then do it again when you connect the usb what changes

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/123404-laptop-s-internet-via-tethering-gets-dropped.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I'm new to this forum but I was just wondering if anyone could me with be The service After started. dropped. laptop cannot a problem that I had st of all my friend The service cannot be started. After laptop dropped. dropped my laptop HP Elitebook P and after turning it I noticed the laptop was going really slow the sound was weird and glitchy so I uninstalled lots of programs and downloaded a handy script called quot Tron quot ow ly LtPoY to try and fix the problems I ran quot Tron quot in safe mode and as Admin When it completed I restarted my laptop to notice it wasn't slow any more and the sound worked perfectly but then I noticed that I couldn't open most programs When trying to open a program it's comes up with the error quot The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with The service cannot be started. After laptop dropped. it quot so after doing a bit of research people said I had to enable Windows Installer in services msc but I couldn't open that nor could I open Command Prompt as Admin comes up with the error So then I tried starting in safe mode but it just hangs forever at aswrvrt sys I looked up what it was and it's part of Avast but I can't uninstall Avast I'm so stressed I was about to sell this laptop and now I don't know what to do Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:The service cannot be started. After laptop dropped.

If the laptop was dropped, chances are very high that the disk is damaged - unless it is a SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366856-service-cannot-started-after-laptop-dropped.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi. My dell inspiron 600m jumped off the counter onto a tile floor. Minor outwardly damage, but now it slow slow starts.
At first it said something about PBR (not professional bullriding). Later it said that the computer was shut down improperly and asked if it should be started normally or under safe mode. I hit normal, and an hr later it has started up. I'm watching it carefully, but I haven't seen the desktop yet.

Once I do (if I do), do you have any advice?
I've read to reinstall a dell recovery disk or ms windows, but will that erase all my info, particularly my excel stuff. All my work (small business) is on that laptop, and I would be up a creek if that were the case. Please help.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there.

I was unfortunate and clumsy enough to almost drop my laptop the other day. I managed to catch it in the air before it hit the ground, but it immediately turned off because the battery was moved slightly when I caught it. It seemed to work afterwards though - except, as it turned out, it's now incredibly slow.

I figure I have to send it in for repair, but before I spend money on that I just wanted to ask here first - could it be a software issue caused, perhaps, by the power being suddenly cut? Or is a hardware issue much more probable (as I fear)?

Thanks in advance

A:(Almost) dropped laptop, still working but very slow

Do the following:

1. Click Start
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. In the list that appears, right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator
4. In the command window that opens, type chkdsk /R and hit enter.

You will be prompted whether you wish to schedule a chkdsk scan at next startup, type 'Y' and hit enter. Now restart your computer and chkdsk will automatically run.

Afterwards computer boots, login and do this:

1. Click Start
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. In the list that appears, right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator
4. In the command window that opens, type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

Report the output from the command window once it finishes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319164-almost-dropped-laptop-still-working-but-very-slow.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I dropped my laptop about a month ago for the first few weeks it seemed perfectly fine but over the lst cuple of weeks I ve started having problems with the screen It started off with a few flickering white lines at the top of the screen and its been getting worse every day sometimes the flickering white lines fill the screen others it freezes and the screen looks like its filled with load of miniscule white squares sometimes worse sometimes just the top half fills with lines that gradient in strength from left to right Generally I can problems laptop, screen dropped move the screen forward and back until i find a position where it works fine but it can take me up to half an hour of moving it to find a place where it doesnt flicker at all until dropped laptop, screen problems then I have to put up with dropped laptop, screen problems a cuple of flickering white lines at the top and bottom til it gets so bad I have to move it again Also I find putting pressure on the top of the screen or pulling it forward without letting it set into a place works if the screen freezes completely Is this fixable as I realy cannot afford another laptop and I m having no problems at all other than this Thankyou to anyone who replies nbsp

A:dropped laptop, screen problems

First questions would be how old is the laptop and how much is it worth to you?

Most likely the screen is damaged internally or the cable from the screen to the motherboard is faulty.
I'm sure a good PC repair shop could fix it for you but it will probably cost a bit of money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropped-laptop-screen-problems.711670/
Relevancy 50.31%

Laptop internet speed dropped Was fine in the morning and tonight is dial-up sped dropped. Wireless Speed Laptop PC speed is fine coming from router Any help is appreciated Here's my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng Wireless Laptop Speed dropped. exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView Wireless Laptop Speed dropped. exeC Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Eraser Eraser exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC Program Files Windows Media Wireless Laptop Speed dropped. Player wmpnscfg exeC Users Arukado DGX AppData Roaming SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaDispatch exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba CEC MAIN exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Anti Spyware HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - Toolbar no name - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - no file O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run Camera Assistant Software quot C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe quot startO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXEO - HKLM Run HSON ProgramFiles TOSHIBA TBS HSON exeO - HKLM Run SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exeO - HKLM Run TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exeO - HKLM Run jswtrayutil quot C Program Files Jumpstart jswtrayutil exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exeO - HKLM Run cfFncEnabler exe cfFncEnabler exeO - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Sy... Read more

A:Wireless Laptop Speed dropped.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277962/wireless-laptop-speed-dropped/
Relevancy 50.31%

My daughter dropped her laptop and now the display is messed up. The glass is not broken but it is all messed up now.
I have attached a picture of it. Can you tell me what I need to do to fix it?

A:Dropped Laptop Display weird

I would bet that she damaged the LCD (stands for liquid crystal display). LCDs are very sensitive, and this often happens to laptops and phones.

The simplest options are:

1. Have the laptop's manufacturer replace the display. If you have special insurance or the laptop is pretty new, then this probably won't cost you much. If you have had it for awhile, then this will cost hundreds of dollars.

2. Buy a new laptop. If you want to salvage the data files saved on there, try connecting the laptop to an external display (like a TV or a desktop monitor). Then, you can move the files to an external hard drive. This is sometimes difficult if the laptop doesn't automatically reconfigure to an external monitor. Another option is to buy the same laptop again and just have the harddrive of the old laptop moved to the new laptop.

If those are too expensive, you can buy a cheap display online and install it yourself, but that can be pretty troublesome.

Here's an online guide that tells you where you might be able to buy a cheap display and how to replace it: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-replace-a-broken-laptop-or-notebook-display,review-649-2.html

I hope that helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropped-laptop-display-weird.926059/
Relevancy 50.31%

a few days ago i dropped my HP laptop on the ground i thought everything was ok until i turned it on and saw that after seeing the HP symbol for a few seconds i get a black screen with a blinking white line but i cannot type anything i have tried going to the system recovery menu but it eventually missing dropped system OS laptop/ takes me back to the black screen and stays there Using Unetbootin i created a bootable USB loaded with windows but i then get a message saying quot missing dropped laptop/ missing OS system operating system quot when i reboot i have also done a hard disk test as well as a few other tests and everything says PASSED in other words everything is ok according to the tests but i still cant get windows to run from the research i dropped laptop/ missing OS system have done it might possibly be a bad hard drive do u guys recommend me buying a new hard drive for my comp what are the possibilities it is the hard drive any info ASAP would be greatly appreciated i desperately need this laptop for school HP G Laptop Windows Bit

A:dropped laptop/ missing OS system

Hi there are some troubleshooting steps here http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02876562.pdf
the service guide is here in case you need to install a new hdd
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02542102.pdf
the user guide has the info on how to do recovery from disc
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02167128.pdf
have you checked the drive is correctly and firmly seated did you make recovery discs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dropped-laptop-missing-os-system-598083.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Yesterday i accidentally dropped my laptop HP Pavilion G and the battery fell out it was plugged in at the time It didnt fall from much of a height so i startup on Dropped laptop my to nothing work now seems thought it would be ok Upon starting it up again it came to a black screen asking if i wanted to use startup repair or start up normally i swear i clicked on start up normally but it chose startup repair regardless I left it overnight on the startup repair function as i heard it could take a long time for the program to run when i woke up this morning it was on some HP recovery program i cant remember the exact name of it but it gave me options like system restore system reset to factory conditions a repair function backing up files etc i clicked to backup files but Dropped my laptop now nothing seems to work on startup after it had tried doing this for several minutes of so it came up with an error message saying it couldnt be done so i clicked on the repair function which lead me to three different options one for repairing windows partition one for recovery partition and one for command prompt x or something sorry i cant be more specific i dont remember the precise names but i tried all of these differDoent repairs and none of them worked except for command prompt which opened the command window but not knowing what to do with the command window i returned to the initial recovery programme and clicked cancel and then the option to reboot the computer Dropped my laptop now nothing seems to work on startup Upon restarting it said there was a disk read error So i restarted again and clicked on ESC to get other options just before the disk read error message I probably should have looked into the various options but i stupidly didnt and clicked on system recovery which sounded like the best option Now it has been stuck on the Starting Windows screen for a while and im not sure what to do Any help is much appreciated and im very sorry if my description lacks detail im happy to elaborate on any point if needed Thanks

A:Dropped my laptop now nothing seems to work on startup

Hello imstjimmy  and Welcome -Just to be sure that you have not done any damage > >Please run this first Go - Programs > Accessories > Right click on Command Prompt (select Run as Admin) > Type chkdsk /r and agree to schedule a check  when the message pops up > Now  Reboot your computer -Let the Disk Check run the full 5 stages will take about 1 hour (on average), do not stop it or turn off the computer during the check - Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484511/dropped-my-laptop-now-nothing-seems-to-work-on-startup/
Relevancy 50.31%

Help. My niece dropped her ACER laptop and now it won't boot correctly. It boots in Safe Mode. Have tried system restore but I receive cyclical errors and the system repair has been running for hours. Any thoughts?

A:Dropped laptop - won't restore or repair

Usually the worst thing that can happen to a laptop is being dropped as they are so fragile.I reakon that it needs some kind of repair.
One thing you could try though if your not worried about loosing any files on the laptop ,is to do destructive recovery by tapping f11 as soon as you turn on the laptop.
This will return it to the state it was when it was first purchased.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropped-laptop-wont-restore-or-repair.606943/
Relevancy 50.31%

hey guys ive never needed to use a help site before but yesterday i dropped my laptop, the screen went black for a short moment before getting the blue screen. Now everytime i start up my laptop it gets the BSOD, i tryed running the startup repair but it detects no problems. I booted into safemode and got the following message

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80063B1010
BCP2: FFFFF88004926D20
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
im using an acer aspire laptop with windows 7 64 bit, which was installed by a computer tech last time i had troubles with it.

Relevancy 50.31%

HP/Compaq Laptop Dropped, now will not boot up, (screen) Monitor stays Black. Also when plugging up to charge battery or run unit from AC power, unit, charging light does not come on! Power lights on front of system, and above keyboard, temporaraly blink, but that's it. Could Hard Drive broken? Any help appreciated, Unit 3 months old, but not warrantied for this. Thanks, Robert

A:HP/Compaq CQ50 Laptop Dropped, Help

With it being dropped it could be about any component. I doubt its HDD related though since lights don't even stay on the way they should. I would suggest giving this a try.

Take out the HDD, DVD-Rom, Memory, battery and any other add on boards you may be able to.
Plug in the power adapter and hold down the power button for 30 seconds or so.
Put in each component back in.
Try powering it on one more time.

Hopefully something just came loose but I am thinking you may have worse problems since the power lights won't stay lit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-compaq-cq50-laptop-dropped-help.814037/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys A friend has are files dropped, no there Laptop boot, an ACER Aspire that he bought new He dropped it yesterday and it won t boot It has Windows Home I think maybe a G HDD don t know how much RAM There is no obvious physical damage to the laptop so it must not have Laptop dropped, no boot, files are there fallen far When you start the computer and let it go past the BIOS it states A Disk Read Error Occurred press control-alt-delete to reboot You can go into the Bios and the boot program shows the HDD I put a Linux Puppy disc into the drive and it boots and loads into the memory fine and can access apparently all the files on the HDD I had made a disc image of this drive a few months ago using EaseUS and saved it to an external drive The owner can t find the boot CD I made at the same time I did try my WinXP EaseUS disc and the CD works a minute and then halts at a blue screen So I don t know if you have to have the EaseUS disc made specifically for a Windows However just to see if anything will boot up the HDD Laptop dropped, no boot, files are there I put in a Windows XP Pro the latest windows disc I have It refuses to boot Laptop dropped, no boot, files are there up to the XP setup program The CD drive just works for a short time and then everything stops at a blue screen and a flashing cursor So to my question Is there a program I can download to write to a CD that is supposed to boot and possibly repair a Windows bootloader or whatever is needed I have run into roadblocks all over the net everybody thinks when you are looking for a Win boot disc you are trying to cheat poor Microsoft The owner does not have any of the original paperwork or startup discs I think the ACER restore is probably on a partition on the HDD And do you think the HDD is physically ruined I thought so at first but the BIOS can see it and Linux can access virtually all the files so it sounds to me like just the boot information is gone I would take the HDD out and try another one I have in there but so far I have been unable to find a free downloadable set of instructions on how to access that drive You apparently have to remove the entire back of the laptop but I would like to know if there are any cautions about doing that If another drive will boot up I can install that image I had put on the external drive and he would be good to go Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all,

My uncle recently was at work off the coast of Africa and an incident caused himself and all his belongings to be dumped into the ocean...
Thankfully he's ok...

He dropped the laptop off by me...to play around with the dead parts...He took out the hard drive...

I just opened it up and removed the processor...

I know its a silly question...but by chance do you think it can still function?

Or any parts that you guys know that might still work after being soaked and dried?

I know it probably won't...but just though i'd ask you guys..

Relevancy 50.31%

Ill be honest , I accidently dropped my laptop it landed on carpet.I tripped over a cord and the DVD rom was open at the time and the whole thing came out, I just slipped it back in.

My dilemma lol it will only read my important files burnt cd, but not my music I have burnt in folders.. isnt that the weirdest??

All the drivers are updated.

So Im asking is it doing this because it was dropped?

Someone else mentioned to me this and he has a point

well with computers anything can happen.
but I can't think of anything that could be damaged that would only knock out one type of files.
I have seen damaged drives that would only read disks that they had written, and would not read anything written by another drive.Click to expand...

A:Dropped my Laptop now My DVD RW Drive has a mind of it's own?

Well that is strange it will read some files but not others; I think it would be all or nothing.

The laptop manufacturere may replace it if you bought it with accidental damage coverage. Otherwise, you can buy a replacement for around $50-60.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropped-my-laptop-now-my-dvd-rw-drive-has-a-mind-of-its-own.904734/
Relevancy 50.31%

I accidently dropped my laptop on to its side. I turned it on and i was on skype and google for a while until i tried to search for a file and it froze and the a window came up saying somthing about Windows crashing. I did the little error test thing and it told me that the file was un-fixable. I don't think getting the disc to make it return to the factory setting would do anything because its corrupted i think. If you have any suggestions, please tell me.

A:I dropped my laptop, now have the error C:\clfs.sys

Loose Hard Disk Check:The first thing to check is whether the hard disk is physically connected to the motherboard properly. To do so:Shut down and turn off the computer
Remove the AC Adapter
Remove the battery
Hold down the power button for 15-30 seconds to close the circuit and drain any residual power
Remove the panel on the underside of the laptop where the hard disk is housed
Remove and re-insert the hard disk by sliding it away from the connector and then gently but firmly pressing it back into the connector (no screws should need to be removed to do this step)
Replace the panel on the underside of the laptop to cover the hard disk
Replace the battery
Replace the AC Adapter
Turn on the computer and see how it responds
Post back once these steps have been implemented whether the system is stable. Sometimes these crashes/corruptions can occur due to a loose connection.
Windows Corruption:Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240177-i-dropped-my-laptop-now-have-error-c-clfs-sys.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I had my Dell Latitude Laptop in a duffel bag and it slid off the top of my suitcase and fell about 2 feet to the floor in the lobby of a hotel while I was checking out.

When I got my laptop home and turned it on it booted up ok, but the screen is now black...I can barely make out the Windows XP logo and my destop icons.

Any suggestions on what might of happened on impact and how I might be able to fix it??

This makes me sick...here it is Thanksgiving weekend and I'll not be able to get it looked at until next Mon. if I need to take it to someone.

Any home remedies that I might be able to try out on my own would be greatly appreciated.

I searched and found posts about the backlight and inverter...could the drop have caused this problem?

Thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

a mate of mine dropped his laptop (acer travelmate 8372) from about 1.4m height, and it makes really really loud buzzing crackling noises. is it the busted hard drive? or is something electric in the laptop about to explode?

A:Laptop dropped, making buzzing noise

Such a noise could be a number of things, is it still booting up to the desktop?

I guess from your description that the noise is coming from the speakers, if you could just confirm that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-dropped-making-buzzing-noise.173069/
Relevancy 49.88%

I unfortunately dropped my dell inspiron n laptop yesterday on carpet and when I booted it lead me to windows recovery stating xc ce either external usb problem or cd dvd hard drive failure etc I was able to go on safe mode but I wasn't able to retrive my files and my laptop was runnign really slow After that I restarted many times and finally I was able to boot normally but again it would take - minutes and it would lag all the time I was able to transfer my files to an external flash drive most of drive damaged laptop hard HELP dropped them but I lost patience dropped laptop damaged hard drive HELP because it would lag etc And after min or so it would shut off without notice No files were missing and everything seems ok expect for the speed part I also did a check disk upon reboot and it said it found no bad sectors so I am puzzled why the result is lik that I n my case what is the best solution buy another hdd reinstall hdd or reinstall windows Also I still have som videos that I wasn't able to transfer so what is the best way to retrieve them Also the RAM at the back when I unscrewed the cover the first time to see if it was just a loose memory problem were popped out so I put them back in again by slightly pushing them down until the metal things on the side clicked them dropped laptop damaged hard drive HELP into place Now when I tried to take the RAM again by pushing those metal things on the side apart the RAM didn't pop out I had to slide them out carefully is that normal thank you oh and I am running windows

A:dropped laptop damaged hard drive HELP

Hi bstvrhd,

The unit most likely at fault is the HDD. What I would recommend you to do is install Windows on an external Harddrive OR run an Ubuntu Live CD on an USB drive, and see if the problem persists. If all the above options run well, it's most likely the HDD. Thats where I would start atleast :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dropped-laptop-damaged-hard-drive-help-585241.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
I just bought a new Gateway NV53, running Windows 7. When I boot the computer, it finds my home network with no problems and it connects me automatically... within about 1-2 mins, my connection drops and my laptop can no longer find ANY wireless networks to connect to (i live in an apartment block so there is usually at least 3 networks that are visible) The only thing that seems to fix the problem is to restart my computer, but again, it will only find and keep the connection for about a minute...

I'm thinking a its a Windows 7 related problem, b/c my other laptop does not lose it's connection through my router... although I'm oficially stumped...

any ideas would be greatly appreciated... thanks

A:dropped wireless connection on brand new laptop

have you checked your network adapters in device manager?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dropped-wireless-connection-on-brand-new-laptop-445135.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hi, i accidently dropped averatec laptop...now when starting it up it goes straight to the save mode screen then starts the windows xp logo while the bar is moving and get stuck there for couple minutes then restarts the laptop over again..it doesnt even get to my log on screen...anyone know what i can do to fix this issue??thanks!

Relevancy 49.88%

I dropped my dell inspirion 1525 and now have very faint display on screen -- external monitor provides perfect display - computer functions fine.

I have removed the bezel (save for one stubborn screw -- for which i am going to the hardware to purchase a smaller screw driver) meantime -- i am not at ALL sure where to find what i am looking for ... I understand it may be the inverter or ccfl which is damaged -- but i'm not sure where these are. I have found a replacement inverter and am still looking for a ccfw.

Can anyone help me locate these parts?
Tell me how to determine if they are damaged?
Tell me how to determine what ccfl I may need, if mine is damaged?

Very much appreciate!

A:dropped laptop -- dim display inverter or ccfl?

The CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) is inside the LCD module assembly and there may be more than one. Your display uses one CCFL if there are only two wires going from the LCD module to the inverter.

The CCFL is miniature version of a fluorescent tube used for store and office lighting and is made of glass. If you can hear anything rattling around inside of the LCD module when flipped to different positions, it is most likely pieces of the CCFL that got broken in the fall.

If you can find a source of replacement CCFLs, getting to the CFFL inside the LCD module will require removing the LCD module from the laptop and then disassembly of the LCD module itself to get to the CCFL. The internal display electronics are rather fragile and subject to breakage while taking the module apart or putting it back together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropped-laptop-dim-display-inverter-or-ccfl.817056/
Relevancy 49.88%

I dropped my Sony Vaio last night. At the time it seemed fine but now I'm trying to turn it on this morning it loads and then I get what I think is a BSOD which flashes up before the computer restarts and tries to turn on again.

I opened up the recovery system type thing and performed a hardware scan which told me that the surface scan had failed.

How much will it cost me to repair this and what are the chances of me being able to recover all of my data?
Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

A tiny screw is lodged somewhere within my laptop What do I do tiny screw laptop? inside a Dropped What would be a reasonable amount to pay for someone to remove the screw Dropped a tiny screw inside laptop? I was performing the biannual dusting of the inside of my laptop when I dropped the screw into parts unknown Dropped a tiny screw inside laptop? There was no telling Dropped a tiny screw inside laptop? where it fell so I naturally tipped it over and started shaking it vigorously It definitely didn t fall out I cannot hear anything moving when I shake it most likely the intense motion only got it more stuck I tried going to Geek Squad to see if it was something they could fix it wasn t I did call around to some other places but the prices seem to vary It could be anywhere in the - price range once they had the opportunity to access the problem in-person amp Where do I go from here I m aware I can t just power it back on without frying the motherboard I have a sager gaming laptop the components and back are easily accessible removable However I have zero experience with building or taking a part a computer but I feel I might be capable of doing it if i had a proper tutorial Should I just leave the problem to a computer specialist Or would they try to cheat me I did everything included in this video and I didn t see the screw My guess is that it s under the green board in the middle as seen in the video motherboard http www youtube com watch v kSyH-gfSsxI nbsp

A:Dropped a tiny screw inside laptop?

A slow, methodical and gentle disassembly until the screw is located is the only way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropped-a-tiny-screw-inside-laptop.1127849/
Relevancy 49.88%

My sister dropped my laptop and I am worried I may have a faulty hard drive.

Is there any good tool out there which can thoroughly check my Hard Drive for ANY error at all?

Thanks

A:Dropped my Laptop may have faulty Hard Drive

Use something like SeaTools to check condition of HDD, link to download here

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148578-dropped-my-laptop-may-have-faulty-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The title pretty much explains it. Everytime a laptop connects to my wireless internet, the internet connection to the main desktop with the modem/router connected to it, is dropped and won't come back up unless I restart my computer.

A:Internet connection dropped when laptop connects

Please show the following for a good connection and for after the connection has been lost.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-dropped-when-laptop-connects.851480/
Relevancy 49.88%

A couple months ago I got a laptop, it play all DVDs fine. Then, I dropped my laptop from a short distance, and the DVD in it was suddenly scratched! the DVD in question was about one month old. It was not scratched and it was running fine before I dropped my computer. It won't show up in my drives menu at all! please help!

A:DVD drive somehow scratched DVD disc after dropped laptop

Is it just that one DVD or any DVD you put in the drive? If it's that one DVD only, you've damaged it and most likely will need to be replaced.If the drive won't read any DVD's you may have jarred the connection loose or damaged the lens transport. Most DVD drives are removable so try removing the drive and re-inserting it using the manufactures instructions on how do to so. If that doesn't work then most likely the drive will need to be replaced.message edited by THX 1138

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/dvd-drive-somehow-scratched-dvd-disc-after-dropped-laptop/470.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i am working on an inspiron n that was dropped now the batter doesn t charge and the dvd player is not working when you put a cd on the icon spins but nothing happens if you click on it it says insert a cd when it boots a window pops up and it says that it cannot identify the charger and the battery is not being charged the only thing i know about it is a after not and dropped charging laptop dvd not playing being Solved: friend said it was dropped and there is a chip in the cover to the Solved: laptop not charging and dvd not playing after being dropped left of the mouse on the part that comes off so the motherboard is accessible i had the whole thing completely apart and could find no physical damage at all reseated Solved: laptop not charging and dvd not playing after being dropped all the connections inspected for signs of damage and found nothing i thought it may be software related so i backed everything up and reloaded the os using the factory image and it did nothing except reset the computer my guess would be motherboard damage that is invisible but i would hate to advise the customer to pay for a new one and it didn t fix it anyone have any other ideas or troubleshooting steps i can use to narrow it down further not sure if it matters but it is windows home premium factory image nbsp

A:Solved: laptop not charging and dvd not playing after being dropped

Dell chargers often have a central 3rd connector that 'tells' the laptop it's a genuine Dell charger so if it's the charger that came with the laptop I would check that it's not bent or broken off.

Could also be the power socket that got damaged and that's where the bad connection is. Some have a separate power board you can change, not sure about that model though.

The DVD drive could have been damaged in the fall, easiest thing to do is try a known working one, they are usually the same apart from the faceplate which doesn't matter for a test and maybe an adapter on the internal connector you would have to swap over.

EDIT : it seems the power connector on the laptop has a lead that goes to a motherboard connector so it should be easy to replace if necessary. It's on P.112 of the Service manual - download link :- ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-prod...p/inspiron-17r-n7110_Service Manual_en-us.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-not-charging-and-dvd-not-playing-after-being-dropped.1140381/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys sorry for posting here I can register at the Eight forums and post this instead if ya'll think it would be a better idea just figured since im already registered here may as well ask here So this is the scenario a friends daughter dropped her Gateway NE R laptop on the ground I guess flat because it did not break the screen but after that apparently it would not boot anymore she had someone she knows look at it and boot laptop 8 Windows wont dropped, I guess they did not diagnose the problem fully that person just told her it needed a new hard drive So this guy Windows 8 laptop dropped, wont boot put a new Hard drive in it and a hacked version of windows pro Dohhh But apparently he couldn't figure out how to get the wireless driver to install which is how Windows 8 laptop dropped, wont boot I wound up with this thing So my first thought is test the old hard drive I do and it is fine works perfect when I install in a external portable USB case explored all files are there as is all partitions including one button and recovery but no recovery media and from what I can tell it doesn't appear anyone ever made the media like they should have So I reinstall the original HDD back in the laptop but it will not boot at all When I try to boot it says quot No Bootable Device -- Insert boot disk and press any key quot so im guessing it never was run as well as the recovery one button partitions are small in size and I have no boot disk Oddly when I try Alt F to start recovery process it says entering Acer recovery mode lol this is a gateway then takes me right to the same screen as a normal boot quot No Bootable Device -- Insert boot disk and press any key quot So to move on now Problem is I have NO clue what version of Win it is weather it was set up as UEFI in the bios or not I don't know if it is or just win I have no recovery media or start up discs I tried win boot disk but it said this was not the right version of windows Dohhh lol So is there a way I can find out what version of win is on this thing and how I should have the bios set I think I tried every possible option but since it wont boot I cant really tell what is right or not Also ill need to know What version of win to get to either reinstall factory reinstall or repair install this thing to see if I can spare the new hard drive of having to be used on a hacked version of win grrrrr I know ya'll will need to know more than this so ask away I will promptly reply with any needed info TIA JRockZ

A:Windows 8 laptop dropped, wont boot

Make sure the hard drive is set first to boot in BIOS setup.

If it still won't boot then using the F12 Boot menu boot the Win7 installer for your licensed version to do a Clean Reinstall Windows 7. It discusses how to obtain confirmed-good media in Step 1, and the steps for drivers are printed in red so you can't miss them. We've never not been able to find a driver for Win7 so if you still can't find network driver after installing plugged in by ethernet cable and following all the steps, ask back here in our Drivers forum for help.

If you don't have a Win7 license to spare for a Win8 PC then do a Clean Install - Windows 8 using Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create which will auto-activate with the licensed version that came with the PC which can be determined by googling the model's specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368800-windows-8-laptop-dropped-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys Just got a weird scenario I have a Toshiba Satellite A M Notebook and got it about a year ago with Vista Home Premium I purchased the new Windows Home Premium Full and did a Index Performance dropped on 7 Windows Laptop clean instal Windows 7 Performance Index dropped on Laptop Now they issues is this When i was running windows vista my WEI windows Experience Index was at an overall knowing that vista's Windows 7 Performance Index dropped on Laptop max is my laptop was pretty powerful and ran games and other things beautifully So knowing that Windows is supposed to increase computer performance the opposite has actually happened on my system both by Windows 7 Performance Index dropped on Laptop looking at the WEI which is now and the performance itself with games in particular being much slower I was wondering why this may be the case i have installed all driver related to the graphics card which is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD MB Ram My CUP is Ghz Dual core i have GB Ram and a GB Harddrive The windows experience index is as follows Processor went from about to RAM went from to Graphics stayed about the same at gaming performance went from to and HDD went from about to The lowest of those being the Processor is the subscore and not only is this rating system different but the performance is actually worse with games Far Cry i use to be able to run x with XAA at Very High Graphics nicely just as an example So anyone with any answers would be awsome Thanks

A:Windows 7 Performance Index dropped on Laptop

Its just a number that too many folk pay far too much attention to...Enjoy Windows 7..

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32852-windows-7-performance-index-dropped-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

my grandaughters laptop fell off sofa and now says ...non-system disk or disk error replace and hit any key, What do I do please

thanks ladynimue
compaq evo

Relevancy 49.88%

so on my now startup? Dropped laptop, chkdsk runs it two days ago my laptop Dropped my laptop, now it runs chkdsk on startup? fell off my bed pretty hard and all the programs stopped responding i was afraid i had broken it but when i restarted it it worked fine however today when i started it up it said quot one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency quot and started running chkdsk on c i left it to run for a while and when i came back it was on the login screen so i didn't see the results of the scan but the computer seemed to work normally im just wondering if this is a sign of errors damage to the drive caused by dropping it i've turned it off on a few times since the drop but this is the first time this has happened i ran crystaldiskinfo after the scan and it said everything was good but i don't really know how to interpret the data i'm running windows home premium -bit not sure if i have sp but i think so because i have updates set to automatic

A:Dropped my laptop, now it runs chkdsk on startup?

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The maker of your HDD(Seagate, Hitachi, WD) perform a extended and long test.

Backup all important data to DVD's, thumb drives, or external drive in case the hard drive begins to fail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dropped-my-laptop-now-it-runs-chkdsk-on-startup-645572.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I dropped my laptop specs in profile the other day and now it s acting very strangely When I start it up it goes to a black screen that says PBR Done and then boots up normally However once it is finished booting it absolutley will not run at all with all the normal programs running in the background I disabled all but the working... not Dropped PBR2, AIM/Internet/Programs laptop.. Microsoft Services and all the startup items and it runs semi-normally Meaning that most programs work but not all of them Microsoft Word doesn t want to open the computer freezes when I try to open an mp file with Winamp and AIM won t sign on AIM signs on and works but AIM says quot a Dropped laptop.. PBR2, AIM/Internet/Programs not working... connect error occurred quot and won t sign me on Also when AIM is signed on it disconnects randomly When I try to stream some online content it is interrupted and never goes more than minutes without getting messed up I have cable internet and the modem wireless router is functioning all lights are on and i ve power cycled them both several times Here is the kicker When I run it in safe mode with networking AIM signs on and stays connected it stayed connected all through last night without once signing off Obviously though I can t continuously just run it in safe mode I have no sound and other features are disabled I m hoping someone can tell me what is going on with this thing and help me get back on track I don t understand why it all works in safe mode and not in regular mode and why the computer wants to freeze up and not work with all programs running in normal mode when it worked just fine before i dropped it Any help would be appreciated thank you very much nbsp

A:Dropped laptop.. PBR2, AIM/Internet/Programs not working...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropped-laptop-pbr2-aim-internet-programs-not-working.573793/
Relevancy 49.02%

so my girlfriends laptop yesterday had a windows update after it reboted it would come to the windows boot manager screen saying xc e a unexpected oxc00000e9 after dropped randomly weeks laptop started i o error apperantly she dropped it a few weeks ago but i wasnt sure that had anything to do with it so i went and checked and removed and rehooked up all the drives and hdd and i noticed one of the ram chips wasnt locked in anymore so i relocked that too and to no avail i cant get into safe mode or anything else i made a recovery disk with my laptop running ultimate bit i get it to load up to the point where it says chose your country for the keyboard i guess and it just sits there with a mouse pointer on the screen and nothing else for about mins i let it sit and nothing happened i rean a seagate hdd diag tool and that wouldnt run past without errors so i am not sure at all what to do or what real damage is done to the HDD and since i cant get oxc00000e9 randomly started weeks after laptop dropped into checkdisk i cant find out either anyone else have any ideas on what i can do

A:oxc00000e9 randomly started weeks after laptop dropped

It sounds like the hard-drive is damaged.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250985-oxc00000e9-randomly-started-weeks-after-laptop-dropped.html
Relevancy 43%

My charging port got pulled from inside of laptop. Where inside does it connect back?

A:My laptop was charging & got dropped and broke charging por...

I am not sure how you think we can help without knowing the model or product number. Once we have that we can find the manual which will show exactly how to get to it and what parts you will need. Without it, no way to know. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-laptop-was-charging-amp-got-dropped-and-broke-charging/td-p/5741796
Relevancy 41.71%

I created a usb boot drive with Rufus and , plugged it into a windows 10 pc that I want to upgrade! to windows 7 and all looked good because the bootdisk was accepted and said it was loading files to install windows but then just froze with the windows 7 logo.

I cant imagine , what the problem is afterall I booted from windows 10 , restart in uefi usb mode . All started well and then froze like that.

Everytime i try again it freezes on the windows 7 logo after install has started.

Is it possible to reinstall windows 7?

Possibly I did not make the right rufus , settings. Who knows what settings in Rufus to make? Or is this another problem again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400883-asus-x552wa-laptop-freezes-when-installing-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an Acer Aspire 5742 which is getting really annoying. if i move my laptop while its on it will freeze most times..easy way to solve that..dont move. which i now do but it has started freezing whenever im on the internet. thought it could be chrome so i reinstalled firefox, which interestingly didnt freeze straight away but made the computer really slow and eventually did freeze; tried internet explorer but froze again. Now im using an ethernet cable and it hasnt frozen once yet. Why is it freezing when i use wifi??

A:Laptop freezes when Im on my wifi or when i move the laptop

Welcome jburgess89.

This seems fairly odd, I suggest you check the hard drive connection, perhaps it is loose.

This video seems like it should show you how to take out hard drive. All you want to do is to make sure the cable is pushed in completely. How To Replace the Hard Drive in an Acer Aspire 5742 Series Notebook Laptop - YouTube

I think you can skip to minute 2:00. Remember to take battery out and unplug the power cable.

If you are not confident in doing this, then do not. You could damage something if you're not careful or too sure.

-----

How old is this laptop? If it is fairly new, is it still in warranty? Perhaps you could take it back to the place you got it from.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-when-im-on-my-wifi-or-when-i-move-the-laptop-605163.html
Relevancy 37.84%

hi guys well i could not download the Gmer program only DDS on my infected laptop here is the DDS report only see if u guys can help with laptop freezes. help still this yeah the Gmer program just wouldn't download I uploaded the attach txt also what should i do next ---- HERE IS THE DDS REPORT DDS Ver - - laptop still freezes. help - NTFSx Run by JOEy at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV COMODO Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Outdated A - F - ef -AFC -F E A B AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k laptop still freezes. help DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings JOEy Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp search bearshare com sidebar html src ssb BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB D DEE F-DB - BEB- FF -E F A E A - No File IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current swflash cab Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dll Notify avgrsstarter - avgrsstx dll Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SERVICES DRIVERS R Lbd Lbd c windows system drivers Lbd sys - - R TfFsMon TfFsMon c windows system drivers TfFsMon sys - - R TfSysMon TfSysMon c windows system drivers TfSysMon sys - - R AVG Anti-Spyware Driver AVG Anti-Spyware Driver c program files grisoft avg anti-spyware guard sys - - R AvgAsCln AVG Anti-Spyware Clean Driver c windows system drivers AvgAsCln sys - - R AvgLdx AVG Free AVI Loader Driver x c windows system drivers avgldx sys - - R AvgMfx AVG Free On-access Scanner Minifilter Driver x c windows system drivers avgmfx sys - - R AvgTdiX AVG Free Network Redirector c windows system drivers avgtdix sys - - R cmdGuard COMODO Internet Security Sandbox Driver c windows system drivers cmdguard sys - - R cmdHlp COMODO Internet Security Helper Driver c windows system drivers cmdhlp sys - - S SASKUTIL SASKUTIL c program files superantispyware saskutil sys -- gt c program files superantispyware SASKUTIL sys S TfNetMon TfNetMon c windows system drivers TfNetMon sys - - S a free a-squared Free Service c program files a-squared free a service exe - - S AVG Anti-Spyware Guard AVG Anti-Spyware Guard c program files grisoft avg anti-spyware guard exe - - S avg emc AVG Free E-mail Scanner c progra avg avg avgemc exe - - S avg wd AVG Free WatchDog c progra avg avg avgwdsvc exe - - S cmdAgent COMODO Internet Security Helper Service c program files comodo comodo internet security cmdagent exe - - S Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service c program files lavasoft ad-aware AAWService exe - - S MEGZK MEGZK c docume joey locals temp MEGZK exe - - S RWGRMAUVNQICI RWGRMAUVNQICI c docume joey locals temp RWGRMAUVNQICI exe - - S ThreatFire ThreatFire c program file... Read more

A:laptop still freezes. help

Hi presto36 and welcome to TSF.

Sorry for the delay in looking into your log, as we are extremely busy in this section of the forums. If you still require assistance and are not seeking help elsewhere, then please carry out my instructions.

Please subscribe to this thread so that you are notified when you receive a reply. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Add Subscription.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Multiple Antivirus

It appears that you are running two antivirus programs:

1) COMODO Antivirus
2) AVG Anti-Virus Free

It does not provide you with any extra protection though it may seem so. On the contrary these two programs may interfere with each other creating serious problems regarding security vulnerability as well as system stability. Uninstall COMODO Antivirus as it is out-dated.

Restart your computer after uninstalling the Antivirus

Please run DDS again and post back with the following logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/laptop-still-freezes-help-389935.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My kids are using my laptop on games on line. Now i noticed its running slow and always hangs/freezes. Please help..

A:Help! Laptop Freezes

What are you doing when it freezes hangs? Do you have an AV running? Do the games the kids play have high quality graphics etc? Does the laptop feel hot when it crashes?

I used to play some games on an older laptop and would get the same problems. It was due to the intense heat generated from the video card while playing games with high quality graphics. I think it go so hot it damaged some components inside the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166521/help-laptop-freezes/
Relevancy 37.84%

There is a problem with my Vaio Laptop It is years old and I am about done often freezes Laptop with its constant freezing problem The problem is I can never access a program of any type ex because it takes a while to load up Sometimes it works but the other times it doesn t I check the loading symbol and it blinks every second I waited minutes one time and nothing happened This is what happens in a timeline form seconds after startup Loading is done and desktop is shown minute after startup Popup Balloon says that I need to update stuff doesn t work because it isn t updating I tried many times to update it but it didn t work minute seconds after startup Computer freezes after I try to open Mozilla Firefox minute seconds after startup Restarts computer by unpluging the charger slot REPEAT if works then I will continue on with my day What I have done to the Popup Laptop freezes often Balloon at startup Close it Click it Ignore it and let it go away All with the Laptop freezes often same results It freezes

A:Laptop freezes often

Please try and boot into safe mode and see if you have the same issues.

Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard, when the boot menu appears select safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367076/laptop-freezes-often/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all,
My Acer Netbook freezes randomly without any reasonable cause.
I wonder if anybody knows some logging software which can tell me what laptop was doing when it freeze?

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I have an Acer aspire WLMi laptop that freezes I followed the tread for Bubbyworks and Flavallee and wondered if I could get the same help with my laptop laptop please help freezes I downloaded hijackthis and ran a scan and have the following log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C laptop freezes please help WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost laptop freezes please help exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System PAStiSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLSched exe D Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe D Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services NclBTHandler exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin d... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-please-help.820334/
Relevancy 37.84%

dear sir ,,this is my first post ..i am searching for long time of a good solve website for my problem..but today i think i suceed..
my problem is very simple to understand..
my dell inspiron 5547 ..laptop freeze if it gets infected by malware and virus ,,and hangs ..also it will shows a problem that your system ran into a problem u need to restart..and continously restart and shows same problem..i am using mc cafe anti virus .then why it gets infected..and give me the permenant solution of my problem ..it often freezes without any virus and malware ....
i have window 8.1 pro ..i had reinstall my system but it does not effect ..

A:laptop freezes

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581287/laptop-freezes/
Relevancy 37.84%

When trying to install Win XP Home Edition my hp pavilion dv5116nr freezes at the "Setup is starting windows" screen. This happens continuously; any solution would be helpful.

A:laptop freezes

Did you allow it to format the drive first?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes.706343/
Relevancy 37.84%

My HP laptop freezes up with vertical zig zaggin lines and the cursor is a little rectangle. I have to hold down the power button to restart the laptop. It happens often, and I dont know what the problem is. Can someone please help!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-508849.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My laptop has been freezing up, even when I would boot in safe mode.

It has a history of hard drive problems, so I just replaced the hard-drive.

But it still freezes up when I try to boot and run Acronis.

Is there anyway to tell what is causing this?

Thank you.

A:My Laptop Freezes

Is it running hot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes.198153/
Relevancy 37.84%

can anyone help me out cuz my laptop freezes everytime i hook up any kind of usb accessory. it freezes with my printer my flach drive and my mp3 player. dont know what to do i already updated my bios. so if anyone can help i'd be eternally grateful. thanx.

A:usb freezes laptop

try reinstalling your mobo drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-freezes-laptop.77852/
Relevancy 37.84%

Well This is my Brother s laptop and he tell me it freezes when ever it goes into stand by And thats all about he said Sorry HiJack Log below ask for details if you want Thanks for reading trying Laptop freezes.. P S Note He isn t good with computers may have unknow virse But unlikey Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Laptop freezes.. Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLSched exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade PCMService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePresentation ePresentation exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C PROGRA LAUNCH QtZgAcer EXE C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C DOCUME adam LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ssstars scr C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe F HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C WINDOWS system eDStoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Pro... Read more

A:Laptop freezes..

<_<"

Anyone got any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes.710036/
Relevancy 37.84%

my laptop freezes when i start playing this dvd, it freezes at the same point every time, how can i fix this?

A:LAptop Freezes

Hi joshto123,
Is this a film you are trying to watch? DVD players need a lot of Ram to play movies. How much Ram do you have on your laptop? Also have you checked for driver updates and bug fixes on the vendors website? Regards khayman.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes.87622/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello here's the problem My laptop will freeze up while in use My external mouse and the touchpad mouse will be frozen push any buttons and nothing happens I turn off the laptop then start it laptop freezes up and it works ok ALSO too many times I've gone to start it in the morning I will get the black screen with the windows logo and it will go laptop freezes up no further I have to turn it off and back on I have done the system repair several times but it has not found any problems At one startup I did I went into the startup utility and ran the check disc and memory program and it showed no problems It's been happening for several months I've just been putting up with it If I need to buy a new hard drive no problem or erase out the existing one and reload ok by me My laptop given to me approx years ago with a bad hard drive I bought an aftermarket hard drive and the discs from HP and loaded the system HP laptop G bit Windows Home Premium Malewarebytes free Microsoft Security Essentials Processor Intel Core i CPU M GHz RAM GB quot C quot disc of GB is about half full Me older generation not real good on these things Any thoughts thank you

A:laptop freezes up

Hello Richard mmm surprising no replies mate so why not try these for starters
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2
- in safe mode
If you can keep it going long enough then these
http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it or disable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

If push comes to shove and you need to replace the hard drive then if you don't have to have a lot of space for what you use it for a SSD is great and also I would opt for an OEM edition - I would not be bothering with the HP stuff as almost invariably it will be loaded with stuff you do not need. If the SSD is say a 120GB then it will be ok for minimal use and a 250GB plenty any extra data can be stored on an external spinner but the choice is yours.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367100-laptop-freezes-up.html
Relevancy 37.84%

my HP Laptop is 2 months old which came with Windows 8.1 preinstalled

sometime it freezes or hangs

should i blame the Laptop or windows

does it happens frequently on your computer also or not

my 6 year dell laptop which has windows 7, never behaves like this

A:HP Laptop freezes

Hi makhan10,

Please try the following and see if the issue persist:
Open taskmanager
Go to the tab startupDisable everythingOpen msconfig (press windows logo + r, type msconfig and press enter)
Go to the tab servicesCheck 'Hide microsoft services'Uncheck all other servicesClick apply, click okReboot the system

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70631-hp-laptop-freezes.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Just looking to see if someone could check my PC (Laptop) out, it's been freezing up a lot and giving me a lot of issues. When the laptop freezes, it tends to freeze and then shut down on it's own. It also freezes stuff causing it to shut down as well.

I will be posting another post as well in a while for the desktop PC as well because it's been doing the same thing.

Here is my system information:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1978 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 797 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 142528 MB, Free - 92475 MB; D: Total - 10094 MB, Free - 1741 MB;
Motherboard: Wistron, 360C, 09.54, 2CE83822G2
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I have a dell laptop and it keeps on freezing sometimes, but sometimes i pres ctrl+alt+del and it unfreezes but sometimes i have to shut down, any ideas what could be wrong guys. Thanks in Advance! LL

A:Laptop freezes

Hi Wilson, There are several hundred reasons that could cause this problem. For us to help you we are going to need a little more info.
Computer specs, hard drive, processor, ram, bios ver, ect.
Your level of computer literacy is always helpful too are you a novice, intermediate, or an expert. Also let us know when this problem started, if you have installed anything recently that may have caused this to happen for example. What programs are you running when this happens, what programs do you have in your startup, What antivirus program are you using? do you have a firewall as well? and any other useful info that might help us to help you. Remember we are trying to diagnose and solve this problem over a forum so we need this info to be of help. Ill look for your next post.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-freezes-502529.html