Windows Support Forum

Wi-Fi stops working

Q: Wi-Fi stops working

I have same problem Recently ISP have changed my ADSL working stops Wi-Fi router to vDSL modem WiFirouter I m using assembled service of internet IPTV and VoIP My LAN works perfectly but WiFi Wi-Fi stops working is giving me some hard time everything works nice and I m using internet on my laptop Lenovo t Win phone LG G andorid tablet iPad but day after all devices are showing that they are connected to WIFI but there is no or low internet response for example skype works but cant open some pages other are opening but some images don t load fb etc I can t log in into router to reboot it And this issue when internet isn t working normally but showing as connected persists on all devices I ve mentioned above But at the same time when internet isn t working when I try it on my desktop PC Win everything works normally Then I need to go to router turn it off then on and everything works perfectly sometimes for a day sometimes for a couple of days I ve tried everything changing IP lease time changing freq form to changing channels switching from b g n to N almost everything I could think of My WiFi is secured with WPA PWA -PSK-TKIP AES password and name is a simple one with char name My modem router information s are Device Type ZXHN H N Device Serial No ZTEEG E Batch No T HW Version V SW Version V L BOSNIA BOOT Version V do anyone have an idea what it can be the reason why this is happening nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wi-Fi stops working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wi-Fi stops working

NetWalker85. Since your desktop works when your wireless devices don't, it's not your Internet signal from your ISP. Your devices are showing the router's SSID which is being broadcast, but not the wireless internet signal from the router. I would reset the modem/router to it's default settings and change the necessary items (SSID and passwords,security settings, max number of IP addresses for the router to assign to devices,etc). if that was never done. If the problem is still there, I would request a new combo unit, or possibly see if there is a firmware update for that combo unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stops-working.210644/
Relevancy 58.05%

My pc specs IBuyPower computer custom built Windows working Internet THEN stops explore windows working, stops home premium bit Amd fx core processor Graphics Amd Radeon Hd xlr edition gb ram tb hdd AsRock motherboard Antivirus Panda cloud and Avast antivirus THE PROBLEM My usual browser is google chrome but lately exactly a week ago the Internet stopped working after a while NOTE PREVIOUS POSTS HAVEN T WORKED NOR FIXED MY PROBLEM PLEASE KEEP READING The Internet service stops working as if someone just unpluged my ethernet cable And minutes or seconds after that my windows explorer stops working taskbar and the entire system stops working I can still change windows with the keyboard shortcut but nothing else from there The ohly way my Internet and pc works fine is by safe mode with networking SOLVING THE PROBLEM I already tried to search for viruses Internet stops working, THEN windows explore stops working or malware by cmd with the quot -r -h -s quot and the quot scannow quot methods but nothing Already searched for viruses with boith of my antiviruses panda Internet stops working, THEN windows explore stops working and avast I have no saved point to reboot my system to a past saved poiht the last saved point is the same day that my pc stopped working SPECULATIONS OF THE PROBLEM Long ago I disconnected the side panel from the pc box which includes a fan and lately my pc temp have raised up to when before it was around the s or s The days this problem started I wasn t home and a blackout happened while my pc was still on nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I recently started getting very annoying problem. Firefox or other program stops responding and alt+ctrl+del stops working at the same time so I have to reboot. It happens quite often.

What I did already:
*Maybe virus? Full boot time system scan with Avast anti-virus. Nothing found.
*Oh well reinstall windows again... Yes, I did that too. Still same problem BUT ONLY after small break like two days or so.
And most confusing thing is that full screen programs like games do not seem to stop responding. Still, they BSOD like after few hours, but I do not think it is related. Like heavy load or something.

My system details hopefully in my forum profile, at least filled them recently.

So any other ideas how I can fix that?

A:Program stops responding and alt+ctrl+del stops working

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Please post this info
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Browsers well you might switch off gpu acceleration might help
What other programs are crashing or freezing it's usually a driver issue or Avast up to it's old tricks
Uninstall properly Avast and switch to Panda.
https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

If you're oc'ing your gpu or anything else restore to default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384131-program-stops-responding-alt-ctrl-del-stops-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So recently the sound on my desktop and my laptop has stopped working For seemingly no reason I really don't understand it I first noticed it with my desktop The sound just randomly stopped Sound Randomly Desktop and on Laptop Stops Working Working and working But not entirely It's really strange Sound on Laptop and Desktop Randomly Stops Working and Working and complicated what's been happening so bare with me while I try to explain it as best I can PC First time sound stopped working on PC Restarted computer sound came back no issues Second time I woke up to find VLC frozen Sound wasn't working I restarted VLC No sound Found out that there was no sound on the computer at all When I'd try to increase the volume on VLC it would only change within an interval of ten percent So it was at percent initially Would not let me go below but not above Sound didn't work anyway Restarted sound returned VLC working fine Third time I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition Sound worked fine using my headset Turtle Beach Went to speakers to lay down and watch some shows on VLC No sound on speakers Switched to Turtle Beach again sound returned Restarted VLC now suddenly no sound on VLC OR speakers Had to restart computer no issues after restart Laptop First time sound stopped working used the quot disable audio and reenable audio driver quot didn't solve anything Restarted sound came back Sound stopped working again same day restarted sound came back The next time I restarted the audio driver Realtek and then I shut down Explorer and then restarted explorer via the task manager Audio started working again Did same steps today sound not working Will have to of course restart my laptop One thing I noticed If there is something currently playing the sound won't go out for it even if sound goes out elsewhere So I had VLC running constantly and I could hear the sound from VLC while suddenly the sounds from everything else on the computer stopped working However once I restarted VLC sound stopped Only until restarting the computer or waiting for it to work again does the sound come back Other Info I find it weird that this is something happening to both my desktop and laptop at the same time I did a malware bytes sweep of my desktop found nothing Drivers are up-to-date My desktop is custom built I can't remember the MOBO right now but it's only a couple years old The laptop is about or years old at this point The computer seems to recognize that speakers are hooked up but when I would try and do tests it would say it cant' do sound tests So it HAS to be a driver problem it seems and not a MOBO issue Especially since my desktop the sound comes via USB

A:Sound on Laptop and Desktop Randomly Stops Working and Working

Update: I'm not at home to test my PC, but I think I discovered the issue. It seems to possibly be a glitch or something with flash player.

After watching an episode of Daily Show on Hulu, I went back to Tumblr and saw that a video didn't have sound, and then all sound on my computer was suddenly gone. I then tried something out, and shut down flashplayer. That temporarily brought sound back.

But it quickly went away.

Then I shut down Firefox and flash player entirely, and sound comes back even when Flash Player comes up.

What could cause this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/355109-sound-laptop-desktop-randomly-stops-working-working.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello!
I'm using my laptop in a desktop mode. but some days when i start up the computer the mouse is on (Sees the red optical light.)
But the cursor dont move when i move the mouse. when i drag the cable out and in again the ligh wont turn on. i change usb port and it works. 1-3 days later the same thing happends and i change to the previous one.

And if i put anything else in the port that stops working it wont recognize. its like it temporarely dies.
Is this becouse of the ports is 3.0 and the mouse is 2.0?
Have 3 usb ports, 1: Keyboard 2-3, Mouse.
Mouse: Logitech Gaming mouse g400.

A:My mouse Usb port stops working. but starts working again after a day.

I sort of have nearly them same problem only on my work pc. It seems to me if you leave it in for about 5 minutes it starts to work again See if leaving it in works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285978-my-mouse-usb-port-stops-working-but-starts-working-again-after-day.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys, i'm stumped.

Laptop Info:
Toshiba Satellite L75D-A7283
Windows 8.1

Track pad doesn't work. All started randomly one day when I started the laptop up. Just didn't work. Now the keyboard will stop  working after about 10 minutes.
Things I've tried:
FN Key  + F5 (enable/disable trackpad)
Double tapping the top left corner of track pad.
Uninstalled all trackpad drivers, restarted, let windows install drivers.
Uninstalled all trackpad drivers, restarted, installed Toshiba Drivers
Checked BIOS for disabled Trackpad.
Lastly, reinstalled windows 8.

I got nothing. I'm stuck.
Any suggestions?

Picture of error; http://i.imgur.com/jTMau9y.png

A:Laptop trackpad not working. Keyboard stops working.

Ruhhh rohhhh. No one has any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541993/laptop-trackpad-not-working-keyboard-stops-working/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi --

Every minute or so my computer gives me the "working in background" mouse symbol and I have to wait (3 to 5 seconds) until it's done to continue emailing, etc. Often it even returns me to an open window/program that I'm not working on, which is extremely frustrating.
This is a brand new, one month old, Lenovo T410s running windows pro 32. I'm new to Windows 7 so maybe there is a simple thing to turn off/change that I don't know about?
thanks

A:working in background stops me from working

It could be the "Windows Indexing" process which creates and modifies file indexes to make local file searches faster. By default it's enabled but I've disabled mine:

Right click the drive and choose "Properties"
At the bottom of the "General" page, untick "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties"

Next box that appears, tick "Apply changes to folders, subfolders & files"

Click 'OK'

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/working-in-background-stops-me-from-working-552118.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing an interesting problem. When I launch IE9 using the ie icon, the browser launches and then "stops working". The page doesn't even start to load. This problem happens with desktop icon, start menu icon, taskbar icon, ALL ie9 icon.

Here's the really strange thing, though. When I launch the browser by typing a web address into windows explorer, it works fine! The browser launches and does it's thing. So, the problem is clearly located in the icon.

Thoughts?

Best,
Eamon

A:IE9 Stops Working

It is still in beta, maybe it has a bug that affects it when loaded via a shortcut?

Quote: Originally Posted by eduede

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing an interesting problem. When I launch IE9 using the ie icon, the browser launches and then "stops working". The page doesn't even start to load. This problem happens with desktop icon, start menu icon, taskbar icon, ALL ie9 icon.

Here's the really strange thing, though. When I launch the browser by typing a web address into windows explorer, it works fine! The browser launches and does it's thing. So, the problem is clearly located in the icon.

Thoughts?

Best,
Eamon

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/119086-ie9-stops-working.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have 4 IMEs installed in my comp. One of them is Chinese, and it stops working for no reason. Whenever I tried typing with that IME, there is no output. If I switch to direct input, English text is output normally. The other IMEs are working fine.

I tried re-adding the IME, restarting explorer.exe, and rebooting but the problem persists. I hope someone can help me fix this problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ime-stops-working.675777/
Relevancy 45.15%

Yesterday my mic was working Mic stops working fine and I was talking on vent Sometime while playing WoW it stopped working and the mic no longer registers on the computer When I try to go into the speech control panel I recieve this error Mic stops working message quot The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created Please select a different engine and or a different audio device quot The configure microphone button is then greyed out What s also weird is that over vent other people can hear my system sounds and music if I play it but not me talking into my microphone I ve tried to contact SoundMax but found out they have no tech support and to call Asus would be long distance I tried Asus form but have little faith they ll get back to me I m running Windows XP pro with an ASUS A V motherboard My processor is AMD Athlon XP Pro with GHz and gig of RAM I also use SoundMax soundcard nbsp

A:Mic stops working

It sounds like a driver issue, but try reseating and/or moving the sound card to another slot. Have you checked to see that the mike isn't muted in the Play Control, or anywhere that your sound card may have settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mic-stops-working.495269/
Relevancy 45.15%

In simple terms ,please, what will happen to a computer if the cooling fan stops working?

Relevancy 45.15%

windows xp
2gig ram
intel p4 530

My nic card stops working after a few minutes. If I reboot it works again but only for a few minutes.

The problem started this morning. I have not installed any new apps or hardware recently.

A:nic stops working after a few min

First question I would like to ask is, is the NIC built onto the motherboard or is it a separate card in a PCI slot. I had this happen to me a few years back where I could only stay connected to the internet for a few minutes at a time and if I rebooted the computer I could connect to the internet for a few more minutes. It turned out to be the NIC card in the PCI slot was dying.

I would suggest replacing the NIC card and giving it a try. If you can borrow one that would be one way but they are usually pretty cheap to purchase.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nic-stops-working-after-a-few-min-144476.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys,

I have two computers both on windows 7 that IE 9 goes to a "Interenet Explorer has stopped working" error. One is when trying to print and the other one is when going to different wesbites. I have tried the microsoft fix it, resetting IE settings and dowloading IE 10. IE 10 made it so you can't even open up IE without it erroring out. I installed Firefox on the one that Errors out when printing and that works perfect. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas of what might be causing this?

Thanks,
BJB21

A:IE 9 Stops working

Hi there,

Although I'm not exactly sure what could be causing your problems, since it could be a variety of
factors...here are a few suggestions.

First, check for error messages in Event Viewer.
Here's how...

Type eventvwr in your search bar
Hit Enter
Go to: Windows Logs > Application
Look for anything shown in red that could indicate the problem you are having
Note the event ID, and the Source Code. Let us know what those are.

---------

Here are a couple of troubleshooting tips also..

1.) Do the crashes occur when you're on a site that uses Java applets?
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/iecrash.xml

2.) Have you tried disabling add-ons?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/tips-for-solving-problems-with-internet-explorer

---

Here are some possible workarounds for the time-being:
Print to a virtual printer such as the XPS Document Writer
Turn Protected Mode off in IE. ( Protected Mode: Off )

Elevate the iexplore.exe task

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-9-stops-working.1093504/
Relevancy 45.15%

I've had some problems with my microphone lately; at first friends said my microphone made a lot of crackling noises when I spoke. I was able to fix this by changing to 16bit 44k Hz format. However this doesn't work properly anymore, as when I do any changes my microphone will stop working entirely. Sometimes, but usually, it will register noises on the green bar @ Recording devices, but makes no sound in my headphones ("Listen to this unit" enabled). I do no changes to the cables in any way.

I got a Creative Audigy 4 pro sound card, W7 64bit, sound card drivers updated. Any ideas to what's wrong and how I can fix it?

A:Mic stops working

Hi Strekjaeden,
I'm guessing that your mic is with a mini plug. Could it be possible that the cable is broken? Or mic itself?
You should try it on another computer. Computer mics are not very durable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/82433-mic-stops-working.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Here is a copy of the message:
Source
Internet Explorer
Summary
Stopped responding and was closed
Date
2/23/2009 5:52 AM
Status
Not Reported
Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 8.0.7000.0
Application Timestamp: 49431fce
Hang Signature: dc69
Hang Type: 6208
Waiting on Application Name: iexplore.exe
Waiting on Application Version: 8.0.7000.0
OS Version: 6.1.7000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: ec829cff6a0ac42a8cc55e3867d7b71e
Additional Hang Signature 2: 2d51
Additional Hang Signature 3: 78a22a81ad47c3e3c02ce5d082d0b6fa
Additional Hang Signature 4: dc69
Additional Hang Signature 5: ec829cff6a0ac42a8cc55e3867d7b71e
Additional Hang Signature 6: 2d51
Additional Hang Signature 7: 78a22a81ad47c3e3c02ce5d082d0b6fa

A:IE stops working

Hello Hankm,

Reset Internet Explorer to see if that may help. It could be from a bad add-on.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/4400-ie-stops-working.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Just when I thought everything was fine ICS stops working I m stumped This is my setup G Phone - gt st PC XP Home - gt Belkin Router - gt nd PC XP Home Ethernet amp Phone WiFi I have done this reset router restart PC s setup router everything, tried joy! stops ICS working, no for WiFi WiFi phone shows connected fine Internet available fine on st PC through g phone change router ip from to login again to router on new ip address - fine other computer - obtain ip auto enable ICS on G phone adapter LAN ICS stops working, tried everything, no joy! adapter ip changes to as expected nd PC ip Files on nd PC visible amp accessible via quot my network places quot No Internet on nd PC or phone via Ethernet nor via WiFi It was working fine ICS stops working, tried everything, no joy! a few days ago Internet doesn t seem to be getting to the router as if although ICS enabled on st PC that PC is blocking the internet to the router Pinging G phone adaptor s ip set to auto and - all fine I ve tried turning off XP s firewall tried restarting the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service in cmd services msc restarted all machines ipconfig release amp renew plus a whole lot of other things I can t even remember En disable DHCP on router makes no difference except to lose connection with the nd PC WiFi connected phone nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ics-stops-working-tried-everything-no-joy.171608/
Relevancy 45.15%

I get "IE8 stops working" messages whenever I open a second tab, this problem started after enabling "Google Chrome Frame" Add-on. I like to keep this Add-on as it makes IE8 faster, I would appreciate any workarounds to resolve this, I have attached some info from event viewer.
Thanks in advance.

A:IE8 stops working

After long search I found out that it was a reported bug and will be fixed in the next release. Could you please close this thread. Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/250455-ie8-stops-working.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
I have an issue with IE 8.
What appears to be happeing is that during a sesion the browser will open but will not connect - it will just sit there with the trying to connect. The app is still working so the the task manager satus is still running.
Once this happens you cannot get a NEW browser session. To open a new window you have to close all the browser sessin and start again.

I dont have this issue with Firefox!

I have done a virus scan and scanned for makware.

Does any one have any ideas what could be happening.

Thanks

Frank

A:IE Stops working!!!

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Under Page tab, near top right of page, click on compatible view
what happened?,...did it open now?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-stops-working-377949.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Internet Explorer constantly stops working sometimes restarts automatically sometimes I have to close warning box and restart IE Have ups stops IE and working many pop run Hijackthis SpyBot AVG Free and SpyHunter and system appears clean but Stii IE problems and pop ups DDS txt DDS IE stops working and many pop ups Ver - - - NTFSx Run by LoraJean at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista IE stops working and many pop ups Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Windows system aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X lxdeserv exe C Windows system lxdecoms exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system STacSV exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxdemon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxdeamon exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows Pixart Pac Monitor exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Dell DataSafe Online Bin DataSafeOnlineScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Dell DataSafe Online Bin DataSafeOnlineTrayIcon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Adobe Media Player Adobe Media Player exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows System svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Users LoraJean AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE PFASI WK HiJackTh... Read more

A:IE stops working and many pop ups

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277375/ie-stops-working-and-many-pop-ups/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone This keeps occuring on my co-worker s machine it happens at least once a week She has a bunch of crap programs on working stops NIC her computer I wish I can just tell her to uninstall them But they checked out ok no spywares or viri What happens is that she can t connect to the internet and when I go over I can ping places by NIC stops working domain then when I do a ipconfig NIC stops working flushdns I lost the ability to ping by domain but I can ping by IP I made a screenshot of the processes and I checked them The only way to resolve the problem is by rebooting the machine but the same problem will happen a few days later I did an update on the machine minor windows update and the NIC driver The OS is Windows XP Pro SP onboard NIC Broadcom x I m thinking it s one of her programs that s causing it like a trial program that needs to be activated Let me know what you guys think Thanks Jon nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I have a Fujutsu Siemens Amilo Pi Laptop.. I run Vista Premium Home 32 Bits. Service Pack 2
Intel Core 2 duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80 GHz 1.80 GHz
Memory: 2GB

But everytime when i'm working on it for a while it stops functioning.. ( for about 30 minutes ).
I went to a computer shop and said they would fix it for me.. but when i got it back they said everything is working fine.
does anyone know how i can fix it myself?

I think it has something to do with my hard drive.. cuz when i'm working in office word i save it multiple times but when i open it later i find out it haven't been saved for a while..

Thanks in advance for some tips!

Grtz Yorin

A:Stops working after a while.

When you say "stops functioning" do you mean it locks up frozen?

If so, is there an approximate time it usually happens since you start using it?

Often if you have a bad piece of hardware it will work until it heats up. Then it will cause the machine to lock up. You power it off and leave it alone for awhile. It cools down. You turn it on again. It works until the bad part heats up again.

If something different is happening please give details.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273282-stops-working-after-while.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi After booting up my laptop and reaching the desktop the right click feature will stop immediately after starting up completely and clicking on anything is a problem on it's own The only way I have found to work around it is to Ctrl Alt Del and Switch User then go to the power options and restart as the conventional way of shutting down does not work I contacted my laptops manufacturer ASUS and they suggested that it could be a touchpad driver problem So they emailed me the latest driver and I downloaded it To my surprise it actually worked for about minutes The right clicking problem still persisted So I looked into other forums and they Right working?? stops click suggested a problem with some Context Menu Handlers I downloaded the suggested program 'ShellExView' and followed the instructions down to the letter on how to use it Currently as I'm typing this post I have had to copy and paste patches of text because when the right click feature stops the keyboard disengages and the only workaround is the Right click stops working?? power button That didn't work at first so I looked further into it and it was also mentioned that some Property Sheet and Icon Right click stops working?? Handlers can be to blame Currently the only Property Sheet Icon and Context Menu Handlers still enabled are the ones required for the laptop to boot up the OS shell dll's This problem is still persisting even with all these off The laptop is only months old and was bought off eBay I know it sounds like the stupid thing to do but I never thought I'd have this much heartache in two months It was fine up until last week when this problem started to occur I have done a fresh format about days ago and even with nothing on the system other than ASUS Programs the right click problem is still happening I'm about at my wits end with this dilemma as not only have I lost valuable time sorting this out I have grown to the point that I may have to sell it as defective If anyone has any clue as to what is going on with my system I would oh-so very muchly appreciate the help Thanks in advance

A:Right click stops working??

First of all...does a mouse work correctly? i dont know if you only mean the touchpad or the mouse or both. If it is only the touchpad...try reinstalling the synaptics(i think thats how its spelled) touchpad enhancements. Most laptops have this as the way of using the touchpad and setting it up preferences. If this doesnt work. Go into the device manager and uninstall the touchpad device. Restart and test. Third option I can think of is to do a system restore to before the whole thing happened. From there I am stumpted.

Hope this helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/262001-right-click-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i have windows xp and my internet stops working after a while mostly after not being stops internet working.. used for a period of time it happens with IE and firefox nothings wrong with the connectivity wiring nothings wrong with the modem or ip or anything firefox loads up a blank screen and says done IE gives me the quot this page cannot be displayed quot page msn messenger would keep me logged on but wont allow me to send or recieve messages it keeps me on world of internet stops working.. warcraft if the internet dies but if i close it after the internet dies it wont let me back in heres my log from hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files internet stops working.. ContentWatch Internet Protection cwsvc exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files ContentWatch Internet Protection cwtray exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C WINDOWS winlogon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger internet stops working.. exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KEM exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearch exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearchIndexer exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gatewaybiz com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll R - URLSearchHook no name - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO... Read more

A:internet stops working..

also, the only way ive been able to fix this problem is by rebooting. and sometimes after the reboot and my computer loads up again my CPU usage will rise to around 50% and stay there until i reboot again (this is without any programs running). normally it will sit around 2 or 3% w/o any running programs

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-stops-working-moved-from-ie-298998.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am having some problems with my laptops audio. The audio always cuts off after a while and doesn't work until I restart the PC. I have installed the newest drivers and also rolled back to the older drivers, I have tried disabling and enabling the sound card nothing seems to be working. After I restart then it works for sometime but after that it stops and none of the playback devices would give out audio . Please help.

Audio driver details:

IDT high definition audio codec
version : 6.3.9600.16384

System information:
Intel core I5 , 2.50GHZ , 8gb RAM , windows 8.1 , 64bit

A:Help: audio stops working after a while

Many Notebooks use similar hardware, your System Specs need to be completed.
System Spec - Fill In Your EightForums System Spec

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/65279-help-audio-stops-working-after-while.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hello all having problems with my IE stops to work when online randomly will not load pages anymore leaving the infamous BLACK text saying that cannot load or find check address etc and the only way to rsolve is to reboot the computer i m using dial-up only cause no high speed available the computer has a fresh install of XP pro with all recent working??? 6 IE ver. ,,,,,stops problems updates the problem ceased for IE ver. 6 problems ,,,,,stops working??? short bit after re-install and all aupdates but starting to taunt with me again that is why i did the fresh install to begin with any help appreciated here is my log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes I WINDOWS System smss exe I WINDOWS system winlogon exe I WINDOWS system services exe I WINDOWS system lsass exe I WINDOWS system svchost exe I WINDOWS System svchost exe I WINDOWS system spoolsv exe I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe I WINDOWS Explorer EXE I Program Files Vianet SpeedDial slipcore exe I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe I WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE I Program Files NETGEAR WG v Adapter wlancfg exe I Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE I Program Files Vianet SpeedDial slipgui exe I Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE I Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - I Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PBlockHelper Class - B- FF- DD - -F BEDE EB - I Program Files Vianet SpeedDial PBHelper dll O - BHO NOW Imaging - AA F F-E - B - -A B CDF - I Program Files Vianet SpeedDial components NOWImaging dll O - Toolbar Vianet SpeedDial - B EE -E D- AA -B -CC BA B - I Program Files Vianet SpeedDial Toolband dll O - HKLM Run SlipStream quot I Program Files Vianet SpeedDial slipcore exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck I WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run NBJ quot I Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run SpywareBot I Program Files SpywareBot SpywareBot exe -boot O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk I Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup NETGEAR WG v Smart Configuration lnk I Program Files NETGEAR WG v Adapter wlancfg exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res I PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Show All Original Images - res I Program Files Vianet SpeedDial gui resource dll O - Extra context menu item Show Original Image - res I Program Files Vianet SpeedDial gui resource dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - I PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - I Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - I Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com win ls en x client wuweb site cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip -B D - D- EA - B CA C NameServer O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - I PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-ma... Read more

A:IE ver. 6 problems ,,,,,stops working???

is there somebody that can read this logfile and help with this error,,,,,can be very frustrating...

any help is so greatly appreciated

pridr

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-ver-6-problems-stops-working.685825/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have recently been given an asus computer, i have installed a usb modem which i had for a lap top and now use with this desk top. The usb modem connects and pretty much stays connected but the browser keeps dropping out. i tried google chrome internet explorer and mozilla nd they all do it.

Any Clues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/browser-stops-working-474700.html
Relevancy 44.72%

After I turn on my PC, all video and audio works fine. But after about ten minutes, there is a slight disconnect sound, and then all audio stops. Sometimes, VLC Media Player and Youtube videos wont work either. They will load but not play. Restarting is
the only thing that fixes this. Any ideas? (running Windows 10)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/45f30d5a-d744-43cd-abf1-fd2864d0f6f7/my-audio-stops-working?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey people, maybe someone had this happen before and knows what's up:

All of a sudden all messengers and p2p programs on my machine cannot connect to the internet. MSN Messenger thinks I am behind a firewall.

I ran Adaware and removed a whole bunch of crap that may have been a problem , it still persists though.

The only new thing I have installed was the LiveUpdate subscription renewal for Norton. Does that come with a firewall now?

What should I do? I am a designer very used to instant messaging Jpegs across the world to people I am working with, having to email them all the time really slows me down.

Thank you folx in advance!!!!

oh, this is Win98 we're talking about, the only protection is Norton AntiVirus, connection is cable

Relevancy 44.72%

I have had my Dell Inspiron for about a week now it runs windows Over the past few days the trackpad has started to not work At first the single tap left click didn t work But the left click button worked fine and the two tap right click worked fine too I restarted it single tap works again nbsp This Touchpad working stops happened a couple more times and I decided to investigate There was no touchpad on my mouse settings only a HID-compliant mouse and a PS Compatible Mouse I don t have any mice I did a driver update for both of the above and ELAN input device showed up I did a driver update for it and it worked ok for a couple of hours and it said it is working properly However if stopped working again and I went back to the settings and whilst windows settings said the trackpad was on the ELAN tab on the mouse properties said Touchpad stops working that the Elan smart-pad Touchpad stops working was not enabled it and restarted When I went back to the same settings after the restart it was not enabled again So I enabled it Two hours later the trackpad was back to not registering single taps Enabling and disabling the ELAN trackpad appears to do nothing nbsp The next day single tap stopped working and then all the buttons and taps stopped working but scroll zoom etc still worked I restarted and it worked again Later on it had the issue that the trackpad would only select things on the start bar Once you opened something you couldn t click at all Again I restarted and it quot fixed quot it nbsp I don t know what to do next Any advice

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19988996
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all My Desktop GB Ram - Intel R G Express Chipset - ACPI x - gb HD was running just fine with XP up until a few days ago Then all of a sudden when i booted up all i would see is my wallpaper and no icons or taskbar Got Icons amp Start menu trying by restarting manually and then certain programs like Tally ERP amp MS Office would not open So after formating tried fresh instal of Windows To see if upgrading to Win would help stops Various programs working me Whilst it certainly erased the Various programs stops working missing taskbar and icon problem Now the problem of Programs Installed Various programs stops working only MS Office - by CD Tally ERP - by CD Chrome Mozilla Downloaded from net latest versions amp all these stopped working Not Working Stopped came back The programs would work once and Various programs stops working function perfectly after they installed then would not open thereafter All programmes of Win works fine like Notepad IE Upgraded MS Office to but same problem Tried Several more fresh installs of Win after formatting HD Scanned all Programmes I installed Closed Firewall auto updating But still same problem Please help

A:Various programs stops working

please fill out Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343944-various-programs-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Twice in recent weeks the Windows clipboard has stopped working I can't copy anything to it or paste anything from it I have to reboot the computer working stops Clipboard to get it to work again I have Windows Pro -bit SP Clipboard stops working on a Dell Inspiron with a Core i CPU and GB of RAM When I tried to reboot the computer after this happened several programs had a variety of issues shutting down and had to be shut down manually with Alt F or the X in the top right of their windows not with Task Manager Only after these manual closings would Windows shut down and reboot Thus it seemed that something had caused a fairly widespread problem in the OS I had never seen anything like any of this before Note that I was not using any MS Office software when this happened not even IE However I was using ClipCache a clipboard enhancement program I believe that on both occasions I used a hotkey combination to paste something from ClipCache just before the problem occurred and I have a support request in to them However I have used ClipCache for many many years without anything like this happening It's possible that this is all somehow due to ClipCache but I do wonder if anyone else has seen anything like this with the clipboard just stopping Thanks for any suggestions

A:Clipboard stops working

Since the problem is with the clipboard and you are using a clipboard "enhancer" it's almost a sure thing that is the cause.

The next time it happens, kill ClipCache via Task Manager, see if that cures it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336713-clipboard-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Acer AX1470 desk unit. Have rebuilt HHD about 4 times now but same issue. Cortana works fine when I start Windows 10. After an hour or 2 nothing happens when I click on it in the task bar. I then go to the Task Manager and end the Cortana process. Cortana then works properly for another hour or 2 before it fails to respond again. I kill the process and continue to repeat the process.

Relevancy 44.72%

So in the last few days this problem has come up...whatever web browser I am using works fine for 5, 10, 15 minutes...then it stops responding. Everything else will work fine, but the web browser just sits there...and doesn't start working again until I restart the whole system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Web browsing stops working

feridaye said:

So in the last few days this problem has come up...whatever web browser I am using works fine for 5, 10, 15 minutes...then it stops responding. Everything else will work fine, but the web browser just sits there...and doesn't start working again until I restart the whole system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Click to expand...
If this happens with different browsers, the common denominator will be your Internet connection. How do you connect? You might benefit from closing the browser in Task Manager rather than restarting the system every time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-browsing-stops-working.880243/
Relevancy 44.72%

CuteFTP and other related software continue t work properly However web browsers Internet Explorer and MOzilla stop working after minutes HiJaclThis Log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Stops Browser Working Explorer EXEC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE Browser Stops Working avgemc exeC Program Files Network ipnetwork exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Adobe Browser Stops Working Acrobat Reader reader sl exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS System RioMSC exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System msiexec exeC HiJackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - fae c cf- dc - e -a - e c c e - blank file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeO - HKLM Run mc- - - C WINDOWS System mc- - -O - HKLM Run drsmartload a exe C WINDOWS System drsmartload a exeO - HKLM Run MediaGateway exeexe C WINDOWS System MediaGateway exeexeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeO - HKLM Run IpNetwork C Program Files Network ipnetwork exeO - HKLM Run CamMonitor C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeO - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup AutoCAD Startup Accelerator lnk C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared acstart exeO - Global Startup hpoddt exe lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - DPF B BE E -A C- D -A DC- ZoneIntro Class - http cdn zone msn com binFramework v ro cab cabO - Winlogon Notify draw - draw dll file missing O - Winlogon Notify msc - msc dll file missing O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeO - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeO - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeO - Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeO - Service Rio... Read more

A:Browser Stops Working

Go to the link below and download the trial version of SpySweeper:SpySweeper http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/s...4129&ac=tsg* Click the Free Trial link under "SpySweeper" to download the program.* Install it. Once the program is installed, it will open.* It will prompt you to update to the latest definitions, click Yes.* Once the definitions are installed, click Options on the left side.* Click the Sweep Options tab.* Under What to Sweep please put a check next to the following:o Sweep Memoryo Sweep Registryo Sweep Cookieso Sweep All User Accountso Enable Direct Disk Sweepingo Sweep Contents of Compressed Fileso Sweep for Rootkitso Please UNCHECK Do not Sweep System Restore Folder.* Click Sweep Now on the left side.* Click the Start button.* When it's done scanning, click the Next button.* Make sure everything has a check next to it, then click the Next button.* It will remove all of the items found.* Click Session Log in the upper right corner, copy everything in that window.* Click the Summary tab and click Finish.* Paste the contents of the session log you copied into your next reply.Also post a new Hijack This log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57797/browser-stops-working/
Relevancy 44.72%

Randomly or at least I cannot find consistency Windows will stop working It will ask working. stops Windows me to force stop but I cannot click it because it is frozen Any open programs will work if I try to open task manager it wont and when I Ctrl Alt Delete and go to restart it completely freezes up The last thing I installed was BitDefender I do not know if that is the cause but I can try uninstalling and going back to Avast Other things that I have done recently is using Evenghost and the tasker plugin for chrome I have been remotely putting my PC to sleep and waking however it has been waking on its own in which case I have it set to constantly sleep not sure Windows stops working. if Windows stops working. the constant sleeping of my PC is causing the error I have tried to give all the events that have occurred since my PC was working correctly Any support files you need I will obviously provide I am running a malware scan and virus scan

A:Windows stops working.

Hi there. Please include the information detailed here Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51953-windows-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My friend is facing this problem since yesterday.When he turns his pc on,after the login screen he get's the following dialogue box :

"explorer.exe has stopped working".

Then everything disappears from his desktop and never come back.

He can't do anything.The start menu also disappears. The dialogue box shows up just 2/3 seconds after the logon screen.

Any solution?

A:Explorer Stops Working.

I'd try using a restore point to go back to a date/time prior to the problem first appearing. Your friend might have to do this from Safe Mode by accessing Advanced Boot Options.

Advanced Boot Options

System Restore

If this doesn't correct the issue I'd try running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two, this tutorial.) If problems are found run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan. May also have to do this from Safe Mode.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Your friend could also try these troubleshooting steps prepared by one of the Forum experts.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244712-explorer-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm having an issue with my laptop keyboard not registering what keys I type It's been starting when I'm using Microsoft Works I've tried a few of the different Fix stops Keyboard working It- Microsoft ATS that seemed to apply and that works for a little while but then the problem returns when I'm using Microsoft Works Once the problem happens I can't use the keyboard again at all in any Keyboard stops working program until I reboot There was a Windows update yesterday that I installed that I thought could be causing this issue but I was unable to find a System Restore point available to go to that was prior to the update to see if that helped Other things I tried are cleaning the registry doing a scan Deep Clean I'm running low on ideas anything else I can try Below are my system specs Dell Inspiron Vista Home Premium bit Intel Premium Dual CPU T GHz Memory GB Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Keyboard stops working

Welcome
Some suggestions
Stop using those reg cleaners, they may have even been the cause of the problem. If they were not, they may cause different problems in the future
Go to search, by start button, type device manager and look for any small yellow markers near the keybaord drivers. If there are, update.
If they are not, update to the most current from the company website (the company that made the keyboard)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295056-keyboard-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi there!
i seem to have a problem with my ie.
for the first few minutes, it works fine.
then after a while, when i move onto a new site, it comes up with the screen which effectively says that i am not connected to the internet and to check my lan settings.
i can't remember what the page says exactly, so i hope you know what i mean, i'll go back and check later.
i think it's something to do with my security / privacy settings, but i personally can't see anything wrong with it.
it all started since i've downloaded and installed win xp sp2.
is there any advice out there for me?
i can run hijackthis when i get home later, but i don't think it's that kinda problem.
any help would be greatly appreciate!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-stops-working-after-a-few-minutes-38618.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone so I'm having a big problem My keyboard Keyboard always working stops was just fine few days ago but now it stopped working it's really annoying because I have to you desktop keyboard or what it is Sometimes it works for Keyboard always stops working a moment but suddenly windows starts to show that usb device not recognized Anyway I searched for the solution for my problem many times I tried to re-plug in my keyboard shut down pc and turn on again I also tried to search for drivers but then it showed that there isn't any drivers I tried to up to date them but it's already up to date I unistalled drivers and turned on pc for drivers to be installed again but it showed that it failed And ethernet controller SM bus controller and universal serial bus usb controller are with yellow thing near to them all the time control panel gt device manager gt other devices My other devices plugged in with usb work just fine but keyboard doesnt do it at all Can it be the problem or something else or i just need to buy a new keyboard Please help

A:Keyboard always stops working

It sounds as though you are using a USB keyboard? It is not a wireless keyboard is it? Did you try plugging the keyboard into one of the other USB ports for which the devices are working instead of the same one which is not working? Did you run Windows Update to look for drivers? Do you have internet access on the machine still or is it not working due to the Ethernet controller problem? If you have access, and if Windows Update doesn't get you the drivers, you might try IOBIT driver booster free if you are having trouble installing drivers. It will look for missing drivers and will update them for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320593-keyboard-always-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I currently use a laptop with vista, and I have trouble when using the internet. I can connect ok, but after surfing for a while pages just seem to stop loading. I am still connected to the net. If viewing video sites such as youtube it happens alot quicker, but if surfing the net generally it take a little longer.

This happens wherever I take my lap-top so it can't be the netgear router I am using.

It's driving me mad....any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Internet stops working

This happens wherever I take my lap-topClick to expand...

I assume you mean when you use other networks - is this correct

Make and model of the laptop
You may need to download and update the drivers
IS this via wireless LAN or both

DO the following when its working OK and then repeat when it fails

{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Ping Tests}

Ping the default gateway from the ipconfig

Ping google.com
Post back the results

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results

--------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stops-working.892835/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all I have a strange problem that I have not been able to figure out I have an ASUS Ux E Zenbook I reformatted it Port first working use. stops USB after a few months ago and ever since I've had this problem This laptop has USB ports one is USB and the other is USB When I plug anything into USB Port stops working after first use. the USB ie my mouse or flash drive s they work fine until I unplug them Then the USB port stops working until I reboot the computer The USB never stops working At first I thought it had to do with hibernation as my built in USB Port stops working after first use. webcam would get disabled too I have tried turning off all selective suspend options for USB Port stops working after first use. my USB ports and no dice I then confirmed that it stops working regardless of hibernation and only when I unplug the device I have tried updating the drivers removing potentially troublesome software and had no luck I'm finally fed up with this Can anyone give me any suggestions Thanks Jeff

A:USB Port stops working after first use.

try fully removing the driver in device manager and restarting. youll loose the ability to use any of the USB ports until the restart, but windows should install the default one on start up.
Also download the latest chipset drivers from the ASUS website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/319435-usb-port-stops-working-after-first-use.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My keyboard and mouse work just fine, my mouse & keyboard is wireless so it has a chip I plug into the front of my pc into the usb slot.. there's 2 in the front. Anyway.. I used to have no problems but now when I plug-in my ipod wire into the second USB slot everything stops working. The mouse & keyboard stop working and im stuck staring at my screen.

Can someone help me out? If I un-plug the ipod cord it starts working again..
whats going on here..

A:All usb STOPS working when I plug in?

try the ipod on another computer to see if it has the same problem

if it does try a new cable with the ipod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-usb-stops-working-when-i-plug-in.1108856/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone I ve got the sound blues BACKGROUND INFO Before all Sound working stops of this happened my PC was running fine Then I downloaded Tune Up Utilities to help clean up my computer It scheduled a chkdsk which was fine with me The next time I restarted the chkdsk started up but then I accidentally powered Sound stops working off the computer during it When I turned it back on the PC would get to the XP loading screen and then bluescreen and reboot I managed to fix the XP installation with the repair disc Once I got everything back up though thats when the sound problem started I eventually resorted to formatting and even THAT didn t fix it THE PROBLEM After a while my sound will cut out and when I try to play things in Winamp or anything it will stay stuck The sounds will sputter for a second and then freeze Also when the sound dies sometimes programs will start to freeze up to the point I can t even kill them in tskmgr System sounds don t play either I ve tried updating to the latest drivers I tried an older version of the drivers too Things I ve tried and checked - Updating to SP - Using the newest drivers and older drivers - Checked if there was conflicting IRQ s - there are none - Formatted and did a fresh install of XP - Made sure I had disabled on-board sound - Nothing in Events Log or Alerts - Updated my BIOS I can t even remember all the things I did so you might name some that I already tried Here is a copy of my dxdiag using an old driver NOTE When the sound fails dxdiag won t open at first and then the second time I try to open it it will say quot dxdiag had a problem opening Sound previously Would you like to skip this etc quot DXDiag http pastebin com m e nbsp

A:Sound stops working

Hmm , sounds very strange , the only thing I can think of is your sound card may be on its way out but that wouldnt explain the program freezes.
Seeing as you did a fresh install of windows , the only other thing I can think of is that maybe an area on your Hard disk is damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-stops-working.730929/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop.
After a long-while my USB mouse just stops working, and Windows does not recognize it in the device manager.
When I try to re-install the driver it says that that the "Unknown Device" is the most up 2 date driver. Replugging the device doesn't work either.
After restarting Windows, it goes back normal and works fine.
I really don't understand where this problem comes from.

My USB mouse model is "Microsoft Arc Mouse (IntelliPoint")

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Mi first post here nbsp nbsp I have a Lenovo G - model nbsp E US nbsp Original configuration was W with Gb HDD I upgraded to W and Gb SSD nbsp It worked fine for a few days but now after using it for a while it suddenly stops working it kind of freezes refusing to open or close programs even refusing to shut down Mouse moves but doesn't work no action when clicking to open or close a program nbsp I shut it down using the on off buttom start it G50 working while a Lenovo stops 45 - after and everything goes well for a while then problem repeats as described nbsp nbsp Latest installed programs were Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox I uninstalled them same problem Installled again same thing nbsp nbsp I have not restored it because the protection was not activated I just noticed in nbsp nbsp system protection configuration that the nbsp two partitions of my SSD C system and F are shown as non protected deactivated but there is a third item nbsp C Falta nbsp showed as protected active Please note that Falta nbsp is spanish the languaje I am using which I guess in this case translates to lacking or missing or faulty defective I find this very strange nbsp nbsp What could be the problem What to do ThanksIgnacio

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-45-stops-working-after-a-while/td-p/3351034
Relevancy 44.72%

I have WIN 8.1 installed on a Gateway DX 4822IE 10 and now IE 11 continually stop working,can find no fix on MS web site, any ideas on this????

A:IE 11 continually stops working

Hey mate, try this on for size: Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Issues - Windows 7 Help Forums

Let me know if it doesn't work for you. Despite it being for Win7, it will also work for Win 8

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/40925-ie-11-continually-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-fingerprint-stops-working-It-says/td-p/5810486
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey ppl....im getting reeealy pissed at this one thing;

i had my modem connected through LAN, but recently it stopped working (LAN card screwed)..so i connected using the USB cable...It works fine for some time, and then it just DIES. i restart the modem, works for 1 or 2 minutes and DIES again... wen im just surfing, it stays alive fr a long time, but wen i play games online it gives up after maybe 20 minutes... a little help here?? wtf is wrong?

thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-internet-stops-working.955347/
Relevancy 44.72%

Does this little yellow triangle with the in it look familiar when you go into quot Device Manager quot and go to your CD DVD driver I have been dealing with this nightmare problem for over two months I am learning a lot on how to get around my computer more than I care to actually and I was SO THRILLED to find this site with others having the same problems Bottom line as best because Stops iTunes of CD/DVD working I have determined is that when you install iTunes on some computers mine is a Toshiba-who by the way are HORRIBLE when you need their help with the Vista Home Premium operating system CD/DVD Stops working because of iTunes it messes up the CD DVD-ROM drive As outlined by others the best way to get the drive to start working is by deleting the upper and lower filters However once you do that when you go back into iTunes you will probably get the following message quot Warning The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs amp DVDs are missing This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software Please reinstall iTunes quot So my question is does anyone know how to quot Update version of other optical drive software quot which apparently is required to be able to use iTunes and still maintain a working CD DVD drive Any support directions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED by this very frustrated lady nbsp

A:CD/DVD Stops working because of iTunes

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-stops-working-because-of-itunes.592588/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I've got winsows 7 x 64, and I am trying to install MSI drivers to my motherboard, but even if I download from their home page, and it is compatible with windows 7 I'll got the message that setup.exe stops working. What should I do? I feel that my PC is slower because it needs these drivers I suppose. And there are 2 unknow devices in the Device Manager. Please help, I don't have any idea.

A:Setup. exe Stops working

Try running the setup program as administrator...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/100578-setup-exe-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Quick question about this recurring problem stops working Desktop I've been having I will Desktop stops working set my computer to stand-by or simply just close it laptop When I open the laptop back up or press the power button I enter my password as normal This is where the problem starts on occasion Desktop stops working but does not always happen I will hover my mouse over firefox or chrome or any other folder short cut on the desktop and it doesn't highlight I will click the icon and nothing happens I will Rt-click and nothing pops up options menu such as quot new quot Everything displayed on the desktop will not fuction at all but the task bar operates just fine and programs can be easily opened without any trouble If I restart the laptop once everything loads back up the desktop is back to normal I get no warnings no error codes nothing I am running Windows bit Laptop is Dell inspiron with decent everything but by no means top of the line Everything for Windows is updated as is the virus protection program I use and my firewall When I run Desktop stops working task manager to see what's running on the computer there's nothing different before after the problem occurs and there is no program under my user or 'all users' that should not be there I've searched the internet multiple times to find the solution but figure just putting it out there myself will get me the quickest answers I'm not the most knowledgeable computer user but I do know some things so keep that in mind when asking for further information or giving advice on figuring it out Thanks

A:Desktop stops working

How does it work in safe mode? The answer will be a big help finding a solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/87441-desktop-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there nbsp nbsp I've had my Lenovo Yoga ThinkPad for less than two weeks and I'm having some issues For some reason when I use the pen I sometimes can not use stops after pen working using Touchscreen the touchscreen with my fingers or another non-active stylus afterwards Both the pen and Touchscreen stops working after using pen the touchpad still work but not the actual screen itself It doesn't last forever but I haven't found anything that fixes the problem immediately - even putting it to sleep doesn't work sometimes I've tried taking the computer in and out of tablet mode replacing the pen in the charging port etc I have also run the latest updates on my computer and have had the issue both before and after It just decides to stop working and then I have to wait until it decides to start working again Frustrating when you're trying to take notes during a big phone call for work nbsp I only have two or three days left to return the computer if this is a major issue so I have two questions really Does it seem like a software problem or a hardware problem I E Is there a driver or something I can download to update a fix or something Or do I need to get the laptop itself looked at And Is this a Touchscreen stops working after using pen common problem I've seen other posts about similar issues but they seem to be a constant issue not an intermittent one like mine nbsp nbsp Any help or advice would be appreciated I don't want Touchscreen stops working after using pen to get stuck with a half-functioning laptop because I didn't return it in time but I also still like the computer itself nbsp nbsp Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Touchscreen-stops-working-after-using-pen/td-p/3391464
Relevancy 44.72%

Running Windows Vista Home Premium version 6.0.6001 with service pak Build 6001, also have Avanquest System Suite 8 professional installed which uses the MXTASK file. If I start with a clean reboot I am okay for awhile. If I have had the system siting a the logon screen for awhile and then log in, and try to open most programs they are extremely slow, or I get a message that MXTASK.exe has stopped working. I have contacted Avanquest and they offered a solution, which did not work. I also have their latest version of software. Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

A:MXTASK.exe stops working

Also have this System SUite 8 problem. When upgrade the virus protection it throws me into the install dialog again, even though the s/w is already installed.
Takes 4 clicks to get out of it.
Help me as there support is crap anymore.

ShotLugeKirk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mxtask-exe-stops-working.716579/
Relevancy 44.72%

I keep getting the following message "Distributed File System Replication has stopped working". This message appears under my login, but not under administrator login. When DFRS stops working, I can't use the "people near me" function. I operate 32-bit Vista SP1. Can anyone assist?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dfrs-stops-working.765006/
Relevancy 44.72%

ok i start up my notebook and i have sound. then audio stops working .. well media players stop working a message says that a sound device is not detected. but i have sound it just stops.. i use to have a run code. this code showed a list of programs that start when i turn on my computer it showed if it was running or had been stopped. i use to fix the audio by starting my audio that had been stopped... but i dont have the run code anymore.. it was something like %systemroot% but it was longer than this

please if you have a clue of what i am talking about leave it so i can turn on the sound when it turns off for some reasoon

A:HELP I Need some Help SOUND STOPS WORKING

Check your default audio driver. Better uninstall it and reinstall a new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-need-some-help-sound-stops-working.551568/
Relevancy 44.72%

Every working x direct stops time i reboot my direct x stops working computer direct x stops working The main game i play is tibia and in this game you direct x stops working can run it with direct x not even worth playing direct x or open gl after rebooting the only one that works is direct x the only thing i have found that fixes this is to re-install my graphics drivers but that only works until the next reboot if i don't re-install my graphics drivers every time i boot up my computer i cant play any games or have my windows bar transparent i have attached a dxdiag txt file but it says there are no problems with direct x as far as i can see it also started working after windows update ran and updated things while shutting down when the computer booted back up it everything worked until rebooting again This only started happening a week or so ago all my system specs are posted Any helpful advice would be vary much appreciated

A:direct x stops working

In your spec it is showing DirectX 11

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/264569-direct-x-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

After I detach the screen and put it back on, the touchpad stops working. The only way to make it work again is to restart my computer with the touch screen. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Mouse-stops-working/td-p/5816870
Relevancy 44.72%

This is a problem that I have ever since I installed windows in my system Its like this I use normal headphones which are connected to the rear side of my computer their driver called quot Realtek High Definition Audio quot At a totally random time all sounds go off When I try to play a clip stops Sounds working! it will run slower with no music when I try to play a song it will play it slower with no sound I figured that the only way to get the sound back is by restarting logging out doesnt Sounds stops working! work After I got sick of this I got myself a new headphones connected by usb which connected to the front side of the computer Thier driver is called quot Microsoft Lifechat LX- quot With this headphones I have no problem at all even after the sounds from the other headphones gets off I just switch to the new ones and then Sounds stops working! it works Now I want to be able to have sounds with both of these headphones because I have a recording device that works only with Realtek High Definition Audio driver but the sounds goes off everytime and i cant record Things I already did and know for FACT I have reinstalled windows it happens only in windows I have uninstalled reinstalled the latest driver of realtek I have checked for viruses There is absolutly NO problem with the sound card I have tried to put the normal headphones in the front side instead in the rear side Still nothing My system Core i GB of RAM Radeon HD nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sounds-stops-working.151987/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone For the past weeks or so I ve been having trouble with my internet After a while of using my computer about a day or so my internet will just completely stop working I thought it might have been something with my firewall but when I disabled it the problem still happened I ran a virus scan working a while Internet stops after and came up with nothing so its not that I m not sure what else to try so I came here I hope someone can help me try to fix this problem thanks in advance Here is a Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Internet stops working after a while Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Flip Video FlipShare FlipShareService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Shoddy Battle Server bin wrapper exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system java exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exe C Program Files Vista Drive Icon DrvIcon exe C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system lxcgcoms exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system InetCntrl InetCntrl exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Chris Desktop gmote-full gmote exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files BYOND bin byond exe C Documents and Settings Chris Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Chris Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Chris Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Chris Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Chris Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Chris Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Chris Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Chris Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files BYOND bin dreamdaemon exe C Program Files BYOND bin dreamdaemon exe C Documents and Settings Chris Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application... Read more

A:Internet stops working after a while

i will move to networking forum
make and model of the PC
would you do the following tests - when connected OK and repeat when it disconnects - post the results back here , make sure you label which is which - i suggest a different reply for each labelled

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stops-working-after-a-while.940749/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, been like 2 weeks now that i have this problem.
My browser randomly disconnects from the internet when i am streaming or downloading something. (I think sometimes it disconnects without downloading or streaming, but a lot less though) So i have to reboot my laptop a lot..
Sometimes like every 5 minutes for it to work again and redo the cycle, so it IS annoying and please help!

Also my downloads keep downloading untill they are finished, and after that i cannot create a new download anymore..

Everything else works, like msn and aim..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/browser-stops-working-433001.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello
I have Fujitsu Amilo laptop. The fan stops working after switching it ON. So the laptop shuts down due to over heating. When I switch my laptop ON, the fan is fine and it works but after few minutes it stops working.

Would anyone help me please???

A:My laptop fan stops working

Be certain it is over heating. Some of the Fujitsu units have a fan that turns off and on as needed.
It is a new enough unit that the fan should not be the problem. Fans are relatively cheap for that unit... about $14... but the problem could be a bad cable somewhere, or other damage.

Go to Start->System ->Hardware ->Device Manager, to see if there are any red or yellow flags by any of the devices... Those indicators can sometimes tell you what is wrong or what component is out of order.

Sometimes all that is required is a can of Dust Off or other computer cleaner to blow out all the dust, dirt, and lint. The fan will quit if the blades are out of balance due to too much dirt on the fan blade.

Have you tried talking to Fujitsu Tech Support?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-fan-stops-working.146963/
Relevancy 44.72%

if i leave my computer on for a long time a picture of two monitors with a yellow triangle shows up on the bottom of my screen and then the internet stops working. if i place my cursor over the picture it says local are connection status-limited or no connectivity. if i restart my computer everything is back to normal. i have another computer in the house and it never does that....does anyone know why this is happening?

thank you

A:Internet Stops Working

Are there any drivers you need for you ethernet adapter that you haven't installed?

If so, install them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110197/internet-stops-working/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have played the first few maps of BF1942, when Guada Canal loads and I click on play - the game exits to my desktop and I get the windows error message that the game has stopped working.

I am not pc savy. I have recently restored my laptop to factory settings. Installed windows updates, latest Directx but cannot figure this out. Can anyone help--- PLEASE!

A:Battlefield1942.exe stops working

1942 is an old game, idk if it will run great on vista. its probably ur card. i remembered when i just used the standard port on my motherboard it would crash allot. if not it has somthing to do with the software or ur card is bottle-necking.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/264080-battlefield1942-exe-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I just installed Code of Honor 2 and I get a game.exe stops working error.
I have no problems with any other games. It will not run in admin mode.
My pc is a Dell XPS420 2GB ram, duo core 3000GHz, nvidia Geforce 8800 GT.

Any help would be appreciated.

Al

A:Game.exe stops working

WOW, I am a sucker for FPS games but after reading yhis, I think I am not even going to get close to it!

Code of Honor 2: Conspiracy Island (pc: 2008): Reviews

But I apologize for crapping all over your post, what exactly do you mean by "it won't run in admin mode?"

How did you install it? can you give us the blow by blow of what you did? also, when was the last time you updated your video and sound drivers? what about mouse & KB drivers?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/204484-game-exe-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

evry now and then(5 times today) the tap on the touch pad (ive got a laptop) stopps working. the scroll and normal mouse movment carrys on working fine. the left mouse button(under the pad) doesnt work very well either so when i have to navigate with that i have to press it quite a few times to get it to click. the tap starts working again when i go into mouse settings and turn tapping off then on again and then its fine again.
im runing vista home premium and want this annoying problem solved. any ideas? thanks in advance

Relevancy 44.72%

I see a others postings like this. All of a sudden my keyboard stops inputting. It doesn't happen enough to blame a certain app or sequence. The device manager showing the keyboard as working. I have to reboot to correct the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39688-keyboard-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Any time that someone calls the house phone or somebody uses the house phone OR when they hang up my internet connection stops working for 5-10 minutes which really is not fun when playing online games. PLEASE HELP!

Relevancy 44.72%

i've got a laptop and a destop and the internet stops working suddenly or when i start my laptop up. the desktop always has internet. the only solution i've found is to restart the router when this happens. is there a reason for this (internet provider is telus)(wireless)

Cheers, PC DUMMY

Relevancy 44.72%

Been having trouble with Internet explorer and Vista...happens almost daily that it just stops responding and then an error window opens saying it has stopped working, and it never finds the reason. I take all the updates as they come down so don't think I am missing an update, and the pc is only 7 months old.

This has been going on for some months now, and I am just now getting annoyed enough to gripe, and start using Firefox, and do not have this problem with Firefox.

Is there a fix, or should I just uninstall IE and continue on with Firefox ?

A:IE stops working with no apparent cause

Reset IE and see if it helps, might be a bad add on.
Internet Explorer - Reset

To run IE in safe mode
Start menu-accessories-system tools-IE no add ons

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/207970-ie-stops-working-no-apparent-cause.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Whenever I attach my USB external the drive becomes unreadable in about 10 minutes. I have looked on the forum and I haven't seen a solution. I have Home Premium 64-bit on a HP Pavilion dv9700. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/external-hdd-stops-working-338763.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i have the same issue on two computers , on the one i am on now if i leave firefox running i don't have the problem but on the other one it doesn't matter what you do it drops the net connection . i need a fix also .

Relevancy 44.72%

I have been experiencing a drop on my computer from the cable.
If the computer sits idle for a few hours and I try to access the web, it does not work.
I can look at my modem and see the lights are working fine.
For some reason the computer (win xp ) sees to cut the signal off.
Anyone had this problem?
Any solutions to preventing it?
Thanks
Doug in San Diego

A:Cable stops working

My desktop gets internet via ethernet. The Power Management setting on my ethernet adaptor allows the computer to turn the adaptor off to save power. When I put the PC into Standby, or it goes into Standby after a period of idleness, the adaptor is turned off and I "lose" network connection. After bringing the PC out of Standby it takes about 20 seconds for the adaptor to reestablish the connection.

This situation is not a problem for me, but maybe something in the above will suggest the cause and a solution for your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-stops-working.412536/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have Vista 32 Ultimate installed both on my work PC and recently on my home PC. I have a few old programmes that I like, including an old Norton scientific calculator programme and a Dutch English dictionary.

These run perfectly at work, but when I try running them in exacltly the same environment on my home PC I get the message "NTDVM.EXE has stopped working" for all of them. I have tried repairing Windows, but this does not help. Does anybody have suggestions?

I do not want the programs enough to warrant reinstalling VISTA completely from scratch.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ntvdm-exe-stops-working-329389.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

The internet browser stops working on my computer after a while. I saw a lot of people have similar problem and tried all different solution but nothing seems to work. Here are details of my issue

1) After I reboot the machine the internet stops working after 5-10 minutes.
2) This issue does not occur when in safe mode with networking.
3) I have used softwares to cleanup the spywares using adware and have also used software to clean up the registry but still the same problem.

Right now I am in safe mode and will go back to normal mode to provide some of the info requested in other threads.

Please help!

thanks,
Amit

Here is some of the details that might help in debussing the issue.

Here is ipconfig /all information when the internet is working
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Amit-Kena
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Netwo
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-02-83-29-74
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.110
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::213:2ff:fe83:2974%4
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.87.71.225
fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connect
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-A0-D1-43-C8-53
Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%6
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interfac
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C0-A8-00-6E
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5efe:192.168.0.110%2
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

ipconfig /all when Internet is not working
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Amit-Kena
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connec
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-A0-D1-43-C8-53
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Netw
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-02-83-29-74
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.110
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::213:2ff:fe83:2974%7
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.87.71.225
fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%6
Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interfa
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C0-A8-00-6E
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5efe:192.168.0.110%2
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
NetBIOS ov... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stops-working-after-a-while.808646/
Relevancy 44.72%

My internet regaurdless of what browser I use continously stops working after - minutes It starts up - sometimes very slow most of the time fine Then it is working fine for a good minutes then it just stops working Saying it is loading Can Internet help stops please working. you me? pages and it isn t I close the browser and repeat the above again and again I used Hijack and the log said this Internet stops working. Can you please help me? Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Internet stops working. Can you please help me? on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows SysWOW WTClient exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x F-Secure common FSM EXE C Program Files x Cisco Cisco NAC Agent NACAgentUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Spigot Search Settings SearchSettings exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil k ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Alexander II Downloads HijackThis exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO LitmusBHO - C EB - - - F- CF AE DC C - C Program Files x F-Secure NRS iescript baselitmus dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO YouTube Downloader Toolbar - F FEE E-E - a- E - BEE A - C Program Files x YouTube Downloader Toolbar IE youtubedownloaderToolbarIE dll O - Toolbar Browsing Protection Toolbar - EEE E- - D -AEA -F FDF - C Program Files x F-Secure NRS iescript baselitmus dll O - Toolbar YouTube Downloader Toolbar - F FEE E-E - a- E - BEE A - C Program Files x YouTube Downloader Toolbar IE youtubedownloaderToolbarIE dll O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run HPCam Menu quot c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot Software Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam quot O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reade... Read more

A:Internet stops working. Can you please help me?

Hi BurningVegeta,

Firstly, welcome to the TSG - Virus & Other Malware Removal Forum.
My name is Scolabar, and I'll be helping you with your malware problems.
Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.
If you no longer require help i would be grateful if you would let me know.

Please note the following important guidelines before proceeding:
The instructions that will be provided are for YOUR computer and system only!
Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable!
If you have any questions or do not understand something, please do not hesitate to ask, don't guess or assume.
Only post your problem at One help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
Only reply to this thread, do not start another. Please, continue responding, until I give you the All Clean.
Absence of symptoms does not necessarily mean that everything is clear.
DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process. This adds more items to be researched.
Print each set of instructions, if possible. Your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
Windows 7 Advice:
Please Note: The programs I ask you to use will need to be run in Administrator Mode.
In order to do this Right-click on the program file and select the Run as Administrator option.
Additionally, the built-in User Account Control (UAC) utility, if enabled, may prompt you for permission to run the program.
If prompted, please click on the Allow button.
Reference: User Account Control (UAC) and Running as Administrator

Please be aware that removing Malware is a hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.Click to expand...

In light of this, it would be advisable for you to back up any important files and folders that you don't want to lose before we start.
Backup Your Data - Windows 7
If you follow these guidelines, things should proceed smoothly.
I am currently reviewing your log and will return, as soon as possible, with additional instructions.

Thank you for your patience.

Scolabar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stops-working-can-you-please-help-me.1036244/
Relevancy 44.72%

Any suggestions would be gratefully received:

My mouse left click button became faulty the other day so replaced it with a spare Sony USB mouse that I have on another computer, it installed the drivers, then froze (the mouse not the PC) and wouldn't work. I then bought a new Logitech M115, plugged that it it installed the drivers and it will work for 15mins or so then it freezes and won't work. Both these two mice work on another PC and another laptop. The old broken mouse still works OK.

- I've scanned for viruses/malware/etc with AVG, Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware and Spybot and nothing found.
- I unstalled the mouse drivers in the hardware device manager and reinstalled each working mouse.
- I've tried plugging them in to different USB ports
- I've checked my device drivers and OS are up to date

PC:
Vista64bit HP

Thanks
Katie

A:Mouse Stops Working

Please post the information asked for in this post: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
I understand that you're not having BSOD's, but the reports will help us out.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283847-mouse-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Corel Wordperfect x5 - every time i open wordperfect and click on 'file' it stops working, says wordperfect is not responding. Using windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wordperfect-stops-working.1087821/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am new to this website but was told that you may be able to help. about a week or so ago I noticed my computer getting slower. Now when trying to send or receive emails, after my initial send/receive, outlook times out (error no. 0x8004210A) trying to connect with my pop server. I can restart the computer and it seems to work, but only for a short period and then stops.

Any ideas

A:Outlook Stops Working

Error message when you view a POP3 e-mail account with antivirus software installed: The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server 0x8004210ahttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/813518/en-usOutlook Error 0x8004210ahttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/827349

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136587/outlook-stops-working/
Relevancy 44.72%

Twice now after two reformats Checkdisc has stopped working. I end up getting a mesage that says "Cannot access the volume" or something. The problem hasn't always showed up right away after a fresh windows install but eventually after a few weeks it does. Since I am a fanatic about keeping my registry clean, I'm wondering if that could have been the cause. That maybe I was using a reg cleaner that may have removed a Windows system file or something. What do you think?

A:CheckDisc stops working!

Tried running Check Disk in Safemode??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/checkdisc-stops-working.458495/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an older computer It is probably to years old It is a HP pavilion and is a XP I can be online and just out of the blue it will working?? Internet just stops not pull anything up and I just keep getting page cannot be found ect ect Last night when this happened my email OE still worked in sending and receiving messages though I tried for hours to pull up a web page any web page and it would not I called my internet company and they talked me through all the little steps in the black box as you can tell I am a real Internet just stops working?? computer wiz NOT That worked the time before when this happened but not last night They said it was a problem with my computer not with my connection Anyway is there anything I can do myself to see if it can be fixed I just Internet just stops working?? use my computer to play and pay bills so I hate to spend money on a new one for that Thanks for any info you can give me nbsp

A:Internet just stops working??

Well, the first thing to do would be to try reinstalling your internet browser (internet explorer?), or try using a different one like firefox, opera... If all else fails, format your drive and reinstall windows. Fell free to ask if you need further instruction and let us know what you achieved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-just-stops-working.635537/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, Untill recently my internet workes fine, but now after a while it just stops working. When i go to repair my local area connection it says nothing is wrong. I don't get it, can someone help me?

Have you try restart the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stops-working-after-a-while.649880/
Relevancy 44.72%

Windows update led me to IE9 and while there are some cosmetic differences which I can live with and learn, I am experiencing stopages and restarts each time I attempt a download and also when I click on the View downloads menu item.

I have tried several of the options proffered in support forums eg reset IE, remove addons etc but to me It seems to be linked to a popup as the view downloads should just open another window.

As a browser it seems ok but this reset on downloads is a game breaker - it even blocks the download of Firefox which I was going to try.

Any ideas?

A:IE9 stops working (popups?)

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Does the issues with the downloads happen on all sites or just some?

Does it get to a certain stage every time before resetting?

Does it happen with all downloads or only downloads over a certain size limit?

If the same thing is happening with Firefox it might not be an IE problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-stops-working-popups-571694.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I am on windows vista sp home premium and I often get a problem saying rundll has stopped working I googled and found out that this is often caused due to nero's codecs which interfere with vista but I have neither nero nor roxio installed except that I use the latest version of vista codec pack I just checked out by disabling startup services in working rundll32 stops msconfig and rebooting each time but it's all the same every time the problem just keeps repeating I often get the problem on resuming from standby Can anybody recommend a solution BTW i am on an HP Pavilion dvt tx Problem log from quot Problem Reports and Solutions quot Product Windows rundll32 stops working host process Rundll Problem Stopped working Date - - Status Report Sent Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name USER dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a a Exception Code c Exception Offset cac OS Version Locale ID Additional Information d Additional Information abee edb fc f ad f f f be Additional Information d Additional Information abee edb fc f ad f f f be Extra information about the problem Bucket ID

A:rundll32 stops working

hello vikraman09, and welcome to the forums,

if you check the error detail that you posted the actual fault module is stated as USER32.DLL

you may want to check this tutorial and run the system file check as shown.

hopefully this may solve the problem, if not post back with any output from SFC

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/183518-rundll32-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Lately, each and every time my wife tries to access her works site, the message, 'Internet Stopped Working' appears. This does not happen with any other site, nor does it happen to her colleagues when they try to access the same site. I would be grateful if someone could come up with a potential cause and solution to this problem.
Local time: 10.20am

A:Internet Stops Working

Please provide which Operating System and Browser are being used.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431833/internet-stops-working/
Relevancy 44.72%

Every time I try to install Windows XP from the CD onto my friend's computer, I get to the blue screen where you're able to format/partition the hard drive and then his keyboard stops working. I don't know how to get around this because I can't continue the installation w/o the use of the keyboard. Unfortunatly, he has Windows ME on his computer right now so this issue needs to be resolved! Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 44.72%

Tap to click stops working after computer goes to sleep. It has been working fine until about a week ago. Scrolling and swiping still work fine I just manually have to left click as it will not respond to tapping. If I restart the computer it will work fine again till I close the laptop and reopen, at which time it will no longer work. What may have happened?

A:tap to click stops working

Hi, Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your Envy 15 series notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/tap-to-click-stops-working/td-p/5611523
Relevancy 44.72%

New Windows laptop one week old no malware of any kind working perfectly stops working Taskbar fine until just a few minutes ago I have the taskbar customized with shortcuts that I use all the time Suddenly clicking one of them does nothing Whether it's a Taskbar stops working browser or Notepad or whatever it simply does not open There is only the little circle that shows the computer us working on it At the same time all desktop icons also stop working I cannot open ANYTHING from the taskbar not even the start menu Ctrl alt del also does not work so I can't get into Task Manager Everything else keeps working with no problems The mouse works and if there is already a browser open I can still surf the Web and everything I just can't use the taskbar desktop and Task Manager Oh and the taskbar eventually turns from transparent to solid colour My only recourse is to do a hard shut down by holding the power button until the laptop shuts off In years of computing I've never seen anything like this Any ideas

A:Taskbar stops working

Solved. It was my security suite (Outpost). Apparently it doesn't play well with Windows 8.1. I had to uninstall it, everything's okay now.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55596-taskbar-stops-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, for a couple of days I started to get thoose sound bugs, it stop working for a second and then the sound continues again.

This happends when i'm watching a serie or listening to music, whenever I open a new tab on my chrome the sound stops for like a second maybe even a milisecond or so.
I'm not sure but I think it started when I wanted to clean some stuff from my HDD (C:), (my videos and games), my games was on my (C:) and I uninstalled them and installed them again on my (D:)
This first was not a problem because it was not a big of a deal, it happened maybe once a hour or so but now it happends more and more often.

This is starting to get annoying so I decided to finally try and solve this problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/72991-sound-stops-working-one-second-two.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Anytime I play a game on XP it stops about 10 minutes into the game. Can anyone help me?

Taylor

A:Game stops working on XP

Have you updated the Graphics Card Drivers & the DirectX version?

To update Graphics Card Drivers...
go to the Manufacturer site, or go to Windows Update:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
Hit scan for updates, and then check under Driver Updates.

After you have check for that:
You should get DirectX9.0B (Latest Version)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...9e-07c1-462a-baef-5eab5c851cf5&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-stops-working-on-xp.204206/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

My Internet stops working at seemingly random times. I have Windows XP Home Edition with SP3. I usually use Google Chrome. I'm using the newest stable version for it, not the beta. I use a Linksys wireless router.

When I'm using the Internet for miscellaneous tasks (it doesn't seem to be connected to any website, or such) nothing will load, as if my Internet were offline. When I look at the info in the Internet settings, it says everything should be working and that I'm connected to the Internet, etc., but in reality, nothing functions. The Internet isn't slow before this happens, or anything like that. There are no symptoms prior to this occurring.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance.

If you need any more information, just ask.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242213/internet-stops-working-out-of-nowhere/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all, Search all over but didn't find exact symptoms like mine and the solutions offered didn't suite either... Aspire E 15, WIN10. Had the laptop for about a month or so and worked fine so far. Couple of days ago, the tap-to-click with 1 finger stopped working.I can still move the cursor, can still tap with 2 fingers (as in right click = sub-menu), and all other functions of the pad are working. Yesterday I rebooted the laptop (I usually only hibernate, rarely turn off) and it worked fine for a while. Today it stopped again, I prefer to find a solution rather than turning off or rebooting the computer.Have to add that I didn?t install nor uninstalled any app/software in the last couple of weeks. The last windows update (KB3193494) was installed 1 week ago. WIN10 trouble shooting shows all drivers and apps are working fine. Would appreciate any good advice. Thank you 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/tap-to-click-stops-working/td-p/458311