Windows Support Forum

.NET Framework installation, Nvidia driver updates

Q: .NET Framework installation, Nvidia driver updates

Hello I have been having some issues with my PC for a while Certain programs can never seem to install on my Vista bit Service Pack Home Premium OEM system Examples of such programs are recent versions of Nvidia s drivers and the Nvidia control panel on installation, Framework updates Nvidia driver .NET those older drivers that do install and the Unreal Tournament Physx map pack addon I am wondering what can cause such programs to fail from installing I have started to think that it .NET Framework installation, Nvidia driver updates is that I only have NET Frame Work installed So I have tried to update to NET Frame Work ect but they all seem to fail to install as well So I am wondering what is likely the issue here and what can be done to fix it Does it sound like the Vista install shield program or whatever it is called is corrupted Do note that the vast majority of programs install just fine But there are some that can t If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: .NET Framework installation, Nvidia driver updates

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: .NET Framework installation, Nvidia driver updates

Are you sure that you are using 64-bit installs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403922/net-framework-installation-nvidia-driver-updates/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I am hoping someone can provide some assistance in getting rid of this BSOD problem Here is what happened I was using two driver update programs One called Driver Booster by Iobit and the other called Slimdrivers I updated various drivers including Nvidia which I had previously uninstalled but it kept popping up so I just let it go The next thing I know after that is installed and there were no more drivers left to install I ran Windows Update and it also wanted to installed Nvidia again NVidia other updates and BSOD installing updates after driver I didn't have much choice in the matter before I knew it it was installing and I had to restart my computer When the computer turned on again I used it for a little while then it started to overheat something terrible The computer was so hot I thought it was going to start on fire Almost as soon as it started overheating I got the BSOD and within a second it restarted or shut down I can't remember which The fan was running at top speed but that still wasn't enough I could have cooked an egg on the backside of this thing So the next day I started the computer up again and I uninstalled Nvidia completely using Iobit's Uninstaller to remove all traces of it in my computer But the other problem I have now is that it still runs dangerously hot within a few hours I've uploaded the BSOD after installing NVidia updates and other driver updates zip file as per the instructions There must be some kind of conflict going on Any help is greatly appreciated

A:BSOD after installing NVidia updates and other driver updates

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup program before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352429-bsod-after-installing-nvidia-updates-other-driver-updates.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Update for Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems won't install.

I have tried the FixIt tool on Microsoft and all the other suggestion on their site and I'm still not able to install. Also, my display driver times out and causes my computer to go to the blue screen and I think this may be due to the driver not being updated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-for-kernel-mode-driver-framework-version-1-11-unsuccessful-installation.1137834/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am fairly new to Vista and do not know much about the internal systems so I am a bit in the dark. Was using Windows movie maker and my system crashed without warning. Upon rebooting it did it twice more and the windows on screen are not displaying properly. The error message says.

This problem was caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver, which was created by NVIDIA Corporation. There is no solution for this problem at this time.
A driver update, if available, might prevent this problem from recurring.

Upon searching in my browser there are several comments about NVIFIA drivers causing problems to the system and I am unsure what to do about the problem. I do not want my computer to keep crashing or cause further problems by installing updates...................Help!!!

A:NVIDIA Graphics Driver updates

Hi Ellie,

Try installing new drivers :

GeForce Forceware 180.43 Vista 32-bit download from Guru3D.com
GeForce Forceware 180.43 Vista 64-bit download from Guru3D.com

You need to choose the right driver for your system

Hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/190377-nvidia-graphics-driver-updates.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am trying to find a site that will allow me to download the latest drivers for my graphics card - a rather ageing Nvidia geforce2 400.

I have been directed to the Nvideo site but for some reason I am not able to download anything. All I get is an unable to contact host message

Any ideas where I can download this from?

Thanks

A:Where can I find Nvidia driver updates?

Have you tried here
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-can-i-find-nvidia-driver-updates.582514/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS installed in my laptop model : NEC Versa P9110. Recently i found a bug on the driver provided originally from the CD which cause my monitor can't automatically turn off, hence i decided to download a new driver from Nvidia website. I try to install the new driver but the error occur, here is the error message "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." I have tried alot of ways to solve this problem and googling too still can't found any solution. Anyone know how to solve this kind of problem ?

A:NviDia Driver Installation Problem

Here's the correct drivers for Win 7 32-bit: NVIDIA DRIVERS 186.81 WHQL
for 64-bit: NVIDIA DRIVERS 186.81 WHQL

Recommend you download and run a free Driver Cleaner first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/37658-nvidia-driver-installation-problem.html
Relevancy 65.36%

For a few weeks I've been completely unable to install Nvidia drivers The installer begins screen goes dark for a moment normal driver installation stuff but returns with this I've been all over the internet and no quot solutions quot have worked for me Here's a list of things I've tried so far I am the administrator The only existing user Tried running the installer as Nvidia Driver Installation Failure administrator Clicked quot Perform a clean installation quot in the installer I don't use Windows Update to install display drivers EVER I never use GeForce Experience It's not even installed I download all my drivers directly from the site Yes it is most definitely the correct driver for my card Nvidia Driver Installation Failure amp system Tried disabling uninstalling installing from Device Manager I point it to the correct yes I'm sure driver folder and receive an quot Access Denied quot error when attempting to install this way I've tried installing older drivers Didn't work either Tried a quot Take Ownership quot context menu method I found in another forum Didn't work Ran CCleaner on the registry as well as the rest of the system just to be thorough Already wiped drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller several times Tried disabling my antivirus then UNINSTALLING my antivirus UAC is turned completely off Windows Defender is disabled And many many combinations of all the above both in and out of safe mode In the meantime I'm stuck using my old DVI monitor Any advice to deal with this nonsense I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/382439-nvidia-driver-installation-failure.html
Relevancy 65.36%

For a few weeks I've been completely unable to install Nvidia drivers The installer begins screen goes dark for a moment normal driver installation stuff but returns with this I've been all over the Nvidia Failure Installation Driver internet and no quot solutions quot have worked for me Here's a list of things I've tried so far I am the administrator The only existing user Tried running the installer as administrator Clicked quot Perform a clean installation quot in the installer Nvidia Driver Installation Failure I don't use Windows Update to install display drivers EVER I never use GeForce Experience It's not even installed I download all my drivers directly from the site Yes it is most definitely the correct driver for my card amp system Tried disabling Nvidia Driver Installation Failure uninstalling installing from Device Manager I point it to the correct yes I'm sure driver folder and receive an quot Access Denied quot error when attempting to install this way I've tried installing older drivers Didn't work either Tried a quot Take Ownership quot context menu method I found in another forum Didn't work Ran CCleaner on the registry as well as the rest of the system just to be thorough Already wiped drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller several times Tried disabling my antivirus then UNINSTALLING my antivirus UAC is turned completely off Windows Defender is disabled And many many combinations of all the above both in and out of safe mode In the meantime I'm stuck using my old DVI monitor Any advice to deal with this nonsense I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows

A:Nvidia Driver Installation Failure

Control Panel \ All Control Panel Items \ Troubleshooting \ Device Setup

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/382439-nvidia-driver-installation-failure.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm trying to install an older version (61.77) to fix some compatibility issues with a game. The problem is, after installation, the device manager lists the driver as 66.84 (the version that came with my PC, I believe). The installation was completed properly and I didn't receive any error messages.

The card is a GeForce 6800, if it matters.

Any ideas on what went wrong?

A:Nvidia driver installation problem

Use this http://www.drivercleaner.net/ Also check with the game developer to see if there are any patches or updates for the game.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-driver-installation-problem.34958/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi folks and thanks for being here This is my first post and question I have a Dell XPS One running Windows -bit with an NVidia GeGorce M GT graphics card There is a new driver available for it as noted in another thread The driver I download doesn t recognize my graphics card and won t install Here are the particulars The XPS One systems 9600M NVidia driver GT installation are all-in-one ala iMac and apparently they have notebook graphics cards When I use NVidia driver auto detect the correct card part number comes up NVidia 9600M GT driver installation and I am offered a driver to download When I enter the card information manually I am taken to the same driver download But when I run the installer I receive the message that no compatible hardware was found Dell has been of no help and doesn t independently have a driver to download for this system that I have been able to find at their website I was able to download and install version without a problem but not this newer version Does anyone know of a workaround Many thanks Lial nbsp

A:NVidia 9600M GT driver installation

I have, hopefully, answered my own question by revisiting the NVidia site to download and install the non-notebook version of this driver. At least so far so good...Lial

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-9600m-gt-driver-installation.1010374/
Relevancy 65.36%

Good Day Driver 61.77 NVIDIA Installation/Version: I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop NVIDIA Driver Installation/Version: 61.77 w XP The NVIDA Driver Date is The Driver Version is I am told that this Driver should be updated upgraded to this gt Version Release Date July The web site is gt http www nvidia com object winxp k My first question is the person RealOne Arcade correct that I should install this Version because the Version is old My second NVIDIA Driver Installation/Version: 61.77 question please give me step by step instructions on how to do this as I attempted and came very close to a mess My log on screen alone never was able to get past that was gray w a thin inch green line from NVIDIA Driver Installation/Version: 61.77 left to right I ended-up having to come up in safe mode and install R EXE which fortunately was in My Documents The NVIDIA Driver Installation Hints state quot Download Accelerator quot utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel Browse to the Start Menu gt Windows Control Panel gt Add Remove Programs and search for quot NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers quot or quot NVIDIA Display Drivers quot and select remove This is what I did that came very close to a mess I went into Add Remove and uninstalled the NVIDIA Display Drivers I then installed this and rebooted The Dell Screen came on fine and the Boot Screen came on fine but as soon as it hit the log-on screen I found nothing but gray w a thin inch green line from left to right nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I am constantly getting this message Kindly see the attached Picture upon opening my Nvidia Gforce Experience software I have bought my ASSEMBLED RIG on the th of Feb The specs are as follows Intel Core i - CPU GHz GHz GB RAM Nvidia Gforce GTX GB Graphics Nvidia Experience Gforce Driver Updates via Card Manufacturer gt GIGABYTE Now games such as Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeros are working with frames per second while using Driver Updates via Nvidia Gforce Experience fraps i am not very knowledgeable in this area but the frames don't remain steady on they keep decreasing slightly but return back to All in all a smooth game play Do i really need to update and download this Driver Update via Gforce Nvidia Expeerience Even if i do so by making sure that i check the DO A CLEAN INSTALL check box what else do i need to do Because i have read forums of people doing some PRIOR uninstalling via control panel amp even doing some stuff in Windows Safe Mode and further deleting some files from the NVIDIA FOLDER I am Driver Updates via Nvidia Gforce Experience so confused and TEMPTED to see this message of NEW GAME READY DRIVER OR NEW RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS is ready for installation update from Nvidia Gforce Experience I do not want to cause any crashes such as NVIDIA DRIVER FAILED TO INSTALL or similar What shall i do

A:Driver Updates via Nvidia Gforce Experience

Some people like to do a clean install every time. I do express updates and go the clean route only if there are problems. You don't have to update any drivers if you are happy with the current ones. New drivers are more important with newer cards where drivers do give improvements and bug fixes. You should be able to disable auto-driver checking somewhere in preferences.

Edit: Preferences tab - Under Updates - uncheck both boxes. Also uncheck Beta updates too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/374860-driver-updates-via-nvidia-gforce-experience.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I've been searching for an answer to this for a while but I haven't found it Sorry if this has already issu... Ideapad Y50-70 NVIDIA driver installation 960 been resolved nbsp Earlier in the year I bought an Ideapad Y - but I couldn't manage to install the graphics driver to the NVIDIA graphics card it had I waited a few months and tried installing all Ideapad Y50-70 NVIDIA 960 driver installation issu... the new driver nbsp updates nbsp since then but all gave the same result After the installation finishes and I restart the computer it won't start up- it gives me a black screen after the windows logo which doesn't change even if I leave it for a long time Usually I can't get it to start up again until I do a recovery to the point before I installed the driver Once I somehow got the computer to start without doing a recovery but it still didn't behave normally- it kept freezing no matter what I clicked and when I finally made it onto the driver control panel it wouldn't load properly After that when I restarted the computer a second time it went back to giving me the black screen nbsp I figured that waiting for further driver updates wouldn't help my case unless they do what they did with the GTX and make a hotfix driver which they don't seem to be doing nbsp I use Windows but if I have to install a different version to get my graphics card to work I would nbsp Any help on this would be appreciated I bought this laptop for the graphics card after all and right now I can't use it at all nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Ideapad-Y50-70-NVIDIA-960-driver-installation-issue/td-p/3416193
Relevancy 64.93%

i want to manually install the newest nvidia display driver on my system. problem is, after i uninstall old driver and reboot, windows automatically installs (within seconds) a wddm display driver that i'm assuming is already stored in some windows folder somewhere on my box. I believe this driver is included in windows 7. this driver is an older driver and i cannot access the nvidia control panel with it. i've googled 'preventing automatic install of drivers' and various other terms and they all point to 'turning off auto windows updates' . this isn't the solution. how the hell can i prevent windows from installing anything but a generic vga display driver, or prompting me with a few options of what to do? thanx very much.

A:Windows 7 Nvidia Driver Installation Problem

Don't worry about the newly installed default driver. Just install the new nvidia drivers. You'll then have everything you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57413-windows-7-nvidia-driver-installation-problem.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I recently Bought Nvidia QuadroFX 3450 (PCI E) , Installed it last night and Nvidia graphics Driver , Installation was fine and I started installing drivers , After I rebooted, I was brought Windows loading screen and then a black screen , I couldn't move my mouse after a few screen blinks it booted into the BSOD (error code 0x00000116) , The screenshot is below :

My Computer Specs are :

Windows : Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 - 64bit
Processor : Dual Core E5700 3.0GHZ
Motherboard : Intel DG41WV
RAM : 4GB
PSU : 420V

Once i Remove the Nvidia graphics driver from safe mode and restarts the windows starts working fine !!
I've reset CMOS and other things but no luck can anyone help me ??

A:BSOD After Nvidia driver installation - Can't log into windows

Anyone please ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/354524-bsod-after-nvidia-driver-installation-cant-log-into-windows.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to install a geforce 5500 video card on my dell dimension 2100. I put the card in and try to install the drivers, and I get errors that no drivers couldbe found for my card, even when I try to install off of the disk or download the drivers from the nividia website.

I have onboard video but I disabled this in hardware setting AND in BIOS, setting it to run off of the PCI slot.

I have Windows XP Home.

Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so about a week ago I got a new Emachine from Bestbuy with the hopes of having a new PC to play World of Warcraft The machine had MB DDR RAM and Vista -bit So I install the game and I am able to go in and get all the patches and then install the expansion However when I wanted to access the expansion I got an error something about quot mismatched versions quot Now this on HELP 32-bit.....PLEASE Vista driver installation NVIDIA problem card problem could just be something with installation but also when I first put in the WoW expansion disk to install NVIDIA card driver installation problem on Vista 32-bit.....PLEASE HELP it it said I didn t have enough RAM So I went the next day and got MB more RAM and It s Kingston MHz DDR RAM Ok so I go home and put it in and it speeds up my computer A LOT In my system properties I see that it recognizes the RAM and it all seems to be working fine So I reinstall World of Warcraft but when I first try to access the first non-expansion game I get an error a VERY vague error I found out and it does something about a video hardware issue I did notice that occasionally that my monitor would shut off and and when I would turn it back on it would say that my graphics drivers had failed or something However I naturally assumed it had to do with RAM since it didn t do it before I put the RAM in So I took the RAM card out and went back in and tried to acces it but it said the same thing How can this be So now I am trying to get Video drivers because it seems the next most probable cause so I downloaded SIW an see that my video card is NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce and found this link here http www techspot com drivers driver file information Notice at the bottom it says it supports the video card I said So when I tried to install it I get an error saying that the quot setup detected that the drivers could only be installed on windows -bit and that I was not running windows -bit quot EVEN THOUGH I AM PLEASE HELP this is very confusing and I don t know that much about computers Thankyou nbsp

A:NVIDIA card driver installation problem on Vista 32-bit.....PLEASE HELP

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic87352.html

We despise emachines here. I'm not sure what to say passed this. My advise is to return it, and buy a hamster with the refund, you'll get better quality results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-card-driver-installation-problem-on-vista-32-bit-please-help.87919/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a GTX295 and was using 190.38's with no problems. I decided to try the new 190.61's so I uninstalled the old drivers and also did a drivesweaper (guru3d) iteration.

Then when I reboot WIN7 try's to install some lame driver and asks me to reboot again, if I try to install the 190.61's over that... The control panel is messed up and also the right click Nvidia control panel context menu is not available!!

Not to mention the Nhancer won't open because it keeps saying theres an error in NVAPS.XML... Driving me freaking crazy!

I can't get WIN7 to not install its lame ass drivers , I've tried using 'disable' in device-manager and then installing the new Nvidia drivers, but same freaking problems... No context menu and Nhancer not working. AGHR!!!!

A:Nvidia driver installation issues driving me crazy!!!

System specs and Win7 version would be helpful. The older builds would try to reinstall the drivers but not the newer builds. It may help to shut off auto updates and disconnect from the internet before you uninstall the old drivers.

You might also want to try to newer WHQL 190.62's.

Windows 7/Vista x64

Windows 7/Vista x32

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/21940-nvidia-driver-installation-issues-driving-me-crazy.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I've been having trouble with my GeForce Go 7900 GS. It's on a Dell E1705 with Media Center, and whenever I go to install any driver for it, I get:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x00000050

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.

I've tried all sorts of drivers (dell, laptopvideo2go, nvidia's website) and I even tried doing it before/after SP2 (heard it did screwy things to drivers) and I don't know what to do. I was getting a similar error before I formatted Windows, and got nothing, although I could boot into safe mode.

Any next steps or solutions? Any help would be much appreciated.

A:nVidia GeForce Go 7900 GS Error in Driver Installation

I should add That it works in VGA mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nvidia-geforce-go-7900-gs-error-in-driver-installation-174218.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi All,

I have this system on which i install the Nvidia video driver and the system gives me a BSOD 0x00000116. Failure caused due to dxgkrnl.sys and
nvlddmkm.sys

I have installed windows 7 first on system and checked - Same Issue
Now I installed Windows Vista and still faces same issue.

Issue starts only after installing video driver.

After the BSOD comes up, i am unable to boot in windows normally and have to disable the video driver for me to boot in windows in the normal mode.

I work with Dell and this is my customer's system. Please Help me get this resolved.

Thanks in Advance !!!!

Aashiyana

A:BSOD 0x00000116 After Nvidia Video Driver installation

Info on the STOP 0x116 error message: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...eshooting.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-0x00000116-after-nvidia-video-driver-installation-477425.html
Relevancy 64.07%

looking for support

nvidia display driver installation --> stop at 0x00000116

installations of various versions of nvidia display drivers don't complete,
during the reboot I receive error message on blue screen, specified with

stop at 0x00000116

in standard vga-mode the system runs

BIOS: default setting

what happened befor:
I played Vanguard after a patch, screen went into black, affecting all
system, so was forced to do cold reboots.
I decided to re-install display-drivers, which resulted in the discribed
issue. Re-inbstalled VISTA 64 home premium afterwards, but didn't
bring any news.
installations of different versions of nvidia display drivers don't succed
as well.

googled stop at 0x00000116, but getting almost links to quite
outdated threads not including hints seeming useful.

thx a lot for your time in advance

A:Nvidia display driver installation = stop at 0x00000116

If you would please, tell me your graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-display-driver-installation-stop-at-0x00000116.107433/
Relevancy 63.64%

Problems started earlier in the month when updating my NVidia drivers. Computer worked for the last few weeks but would get random display errors. I attempted to revert to previous drivers however it did not fix the problem. 2 days ago, computer started crashing and will now only boot in safemode. I attempted a restore prior to the NVidia install, but the restore point was not available for that time period.

I've also uninstalled/reinstalled the video card and windows automatically installs the drivers.

I uploaded the zip file per instructions.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

A:BSOD after nvidia driver updates - computer will only boot in safemode

Boot in safe mode and Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only as described.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Does it do any better? Let us know.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {10, 2, 1, fffff80002ec9f1f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+e08fc )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000010, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80002ec9f1f, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030f8100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030f81c0
0000000000000010 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLock+5f
fffff800`02ec9f1f 488717 xchg rdx,qword ptr [rdi]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: System

TAG_NOT_DEFINED_c000000f: FFFFF80000BA2FB0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff80000ba23c0 -- (.trap 0xfffff80000ba23c0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=fffff80000ba2630 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002ec9f1f rsp=fffff80000ba2550 rbp=fffffa800ebdc000
r8=fffff80000ba2630 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=0000000000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
nt!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLock+0x5f:
fffff800`02ec9f1f 488717 xchg rdx,qword ptr [rdi] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002ec0169 to fffff80002ec0bc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00ba2278 fffff800`02ec0169 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000010 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00ba2280 fffff800`02ebede0 : fffff800`00ba24f0 00000000`00000004 fffff800`00ba24f8 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff800`00ba23c0 fffff800`02ec9f1f : fffff880`04a485d5 00000000`000007ff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310434-bsod-after-nvidia-driver-updates-computer-will-only-boot-safemode.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I installed the latest updates to .NET Framework 4 and later installed software that required me to install .NET Framework 4. Would be updates still be in effect or should I install them again?

A:. NET Framework 4 updates made before Framework 4 was installed – upda

It sounds like your installer was confused more than anything else - Do a manual check for updates, and if it comes up clear, then you don't need any

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/271249-net-framework-4-updates-made-before-framework-4-installed-upda.html
Relevancy 59.77%

For a few months my PC was restarting suddenly Windows on restarting time Sudden installation, driver idle and updates, under a Sudden restarting on Windows updates, driver installation, and idle time few different conditions When I tried to perform certain Windows updates it would download the updates but if I went to install them then while it was still just creating a restore point it would suddenly shut down After a few goes at this it would eventually reach some sort of equilibrium where there were no new updates to install but I'm not convinced all of the updates were successful When I tried to update the drivers on my graphics card When I left my PC idle for around minutes or more I tried several different things to fix this - reinstalling Windows registry scans replacing the power supply etc Eventually I ended up replacing the graphics card and the memory formatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows This worked for about a month and it was good as new but just in the last few days the problem has come back Windows updates crash the system in the same way as before I can't leave it on overnight without it restarting and I've received messages that suggest an external drive was causing problems a USB Host controller driver is missing and some to do with my graphics card as well It's now gotten so bad that it restarts within one or two minutes of turning on unless I'm in safe mode OS Windows Home Premium Service Pack Motherboard ASUS P P D-E LX Processor Intel i - Quadcore GHz RAM x GB Kingmax DDRIII MHz Graphics Sapphire HD GB PCI-E Power supply Corsair something second hand I can open the case and have a look though if necessary though I don't think this is the problem I'm fairly certain overheating isn't an issue either as it is well ventilated and the problems persisted while the case was fully open Any help would be greatly appreciated this has been driving me nuts and I thought I'd solved the problem by replacing that hardware

A:Sudden restarting on Windows updates, driver installation, and idle time

Any bluescreen from restart? If yes, see this link http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/disable-auto-restart-windows-7.htm Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Do you see any dmp logs from the folder?  If yes, then read the instruction below.If not, configure kernel memory dump debugging information under startup and recovery.> Right-click My Computer and choose Properties.> Go to Advanced System Settings - Advance Tab.> Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings...> Look for 'write debugging information' and use Kernel memory dump> Checkmark overwrite any existing fileIf there are latest created minidumps under C:\Windows\Minidump folder, please post the latest dmp logs (atleast 5) by :> Highlight (holding ctrl key) and choosing the dmp logs by hitting enter or left mouse click.> Right-click and choose send to desktop.> When on desktop, highlight all dmp logs and right-click and send to compressed zipped folder.> Upload and share the link by registering here https://www.box.com/* minidumps log sample 010613 - 16676 -01.dmp -> 01 is for month - 06 for day - 13 is for year. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494766/sudden-restarting-on-windows-updates-driver-installation-and-idle-time/
Relevancy 57.19%

Receiving in WU about 4 security updates for .Net Framework 4.0 and 2 improvement Updates .Net Framework 4.0.

Strange, i'm feeling some of those are already installed....since two or three months

They're still not listed at MS Download Center.

[Edit]:
Looks those are only .Net Framework 4.0 Extended & Shared

A:Massive .Net Framework 4.0 Security Updates & Updates

Removed all of the version 4.0, looks like a big MS bug as it was constantly offered in W.U.

False alert!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/219603-massive-net-framework-4-0-security-updates-updates.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All of a sudden the Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework service is set to Manual in Services I clean installed Windows a few weeks ago and my system is is Driver Framework User-mode Windows Driver service Manual Foundation clean as far as clean goes Windows Driver Foundation User-mode Driver Framework service is Manual as in only programs installed of which x NVIDIA I use this computer for work and I don't want anything else I checked that service and a few weeks ago it was set to Automatic My questions are Any idea what may have caused this value to change I'm pretty Windows Driver Foundation User-mode Driver Framework service is Manual sure this is related to a USB drive Could it be the case if you install an old USB drive it somehow messes up the value What does this do anyway I read on Black Viper it manages user-mode driver host processes User-mode driver framework is a method of having drivers ran in user space instead of kernel space This provides better system stability due to a situation of a driver crashing it only brings down the driver and not the system Such possible devices include cameras media players PDA s and other USB connected devices Should I set it back to Automatic or leave it as is Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/386432-windows-driver-foundation-user-mode-driver-framework-service-manual.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm not a gamer, but rather an enthusiastic net surfer and would like my present graphics card to be as fast as easily possible. To do this, it has been suggested that I update my card's driver with downloading/installing Nvidia's latest driver (285.62 WHQL, Win7 64-bit...4G RAM, Firefox 9). Would this be the the right thing to do?

A:Driver update for NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i?

If you are not having problems, I would not go looking for trouble

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204465-driver-update-nvidia-geforce-7100-nvidia-nforce-630i.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Laptop about months old now It s a Samsung RF Windows Home Premium bit Intel Core i QM Ghz DDR Successfu Has Display Responding 540M - Stopped Driver Crashing? - Nvidia "Nvidia and Mb Ram Nvidia M GB My problem is whenever I try to view a Nvidia 540M - Crashing? - "Nvidia Display Driver Has Stopped Responding and Successfu photo it would lag opening and once its opened I d see blue pixel fragments all over my screen Previously I tried to Re-install Nvidia 540M - Crashing? - "Nvidia Display Driver Has Stopped Responding and Successfu the latest driver That didn t work I uninstalled it and removed the registries and what not that didn t work So I m now on a newly formatted Laptop and opening the Default images the Windows provides gives me these errors Before I formatted I was getting these Errors - quot Nvidia Display Driver Has Stopped Responding and Successfully Recovered quot I ve read this link and I ve done some of what they ve said as I stated above I don t have anything installed other then Starcraft which is being Optimized right now - and that s it I Nvidia 540M - Crashing? - "Nvidia Display Driver Has Stopped Responding and Successfu had Photoshop CS installed on my previous Installation of Windows and when this problem Occured Photoshop had trouble as well So does anyone know what I can do I really don t want to send the Laptop off I d like to see if I can fix it myself first If not then I ll send it in Any help would be appreciated I ve attaced an image showing what these blue pixel blocks look like with the Driver Displaying stopped responding I forgot to add I was getting the same Blue pixel things and a lot more when I would open up Starcraft The game would freeze and I would have to either Alt- F or Ctrl Alt Delete gt Task Manager to Force Quit the game So Im expecting the same thing to happen with the newly installed Stacraft nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-540m-crashing-nvidia-display-driver-has-stopped-responding-and-successfu.1067751/
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings, excuse my English, install Net framework 3.5 on Windows 10 as a program I request me.
After installation, run Windows Update to download any updates but there are none.
That is why net framework 3.5 requires updates for Windows 10?
Thanks in advance.

A:Updates .Net framework 3.5

In order to proceed to see Net Framework 4.5 being the latest update for that to go on you first have to each the previous versions going back a few install first. You wouldn't install 10 before XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 but upgrade from since 10 is the newest out. Likewise the lower numbered Net Framework version goes on in the same progression. before. 3.5 there was 2.0 and before that back in 2002 was the first Net Framework 1.0. .NET Framework version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/40106-updates-net-framework-3-5-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Just built a new computer and set up Windows Professional bit I've installed all available updates I have windows update set to notify me but not download or install so I choose when to do that I keep getting the same two available updates and installing them successfully - Security Update for NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP fo x - based Systems KB - Security Update for NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP fo x - based Systems KB They always install successfully but they keep coming back If I go to the update install history I see many instances of these two being Keep two getting framework net updates same installed If I go to Programs and Features and Installed Updates I only see NET Framework And If I just go to Programs and Features I also see I've run chkdsk and also SFC Keep getting same two net framework updates with no problems Not sure why I have two versions of NET and why I keep getting over and over Should Keep getting same two net framework updates I try to uninstall both version then run windows update again Should I run the windows update troubleshooter app Thank you I've attached some screenshots

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402334-keep-getting-same-two-net-framework-updates.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I do manual updates instead of auto. Except for a video problem that just started occurring I've had no issues with my computer or software. As I look at the list of .NET Framework updates that I have not installed I really have to wonder if these are really necessary for John Q. User. Any opinions?

A:Are .NET Framework Updates REALLY Necessary?

I agree with this analysis from our Seven Forums
Downloading Security Updates for .NET Framework 4, necessary? - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296244-net-framework-updates-really-necessary.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have .net framework 4.5.2 installed and still have 12 updates waiting for installation in windows update for .net framework 3.5.1, which is no longer installed.

I assumed .net framework 4.5.2 contained all the 3.5.1 stuff. I'm confused. Do these updates still need applying ?

A:.net framework 3.5.1 updates

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 comes as part of Windows 7, so from time-to-time there'll be security updates for it.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 was recently released and will install over and replace version 4.5.2.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-3-5-1-updates.1152506/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Net Framework on my computer. Don't use it that I know of. Now I have two updates for Net Framework that won't install. I get the attached pop up. How can I fix it or remove Net Framework?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-updates.334020/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have several Windows 7 64-bit machines, but one just yesterday had 5-6 updates for NET Framework 4.0. Now I looked at my records and all of them have been installed previously so I am wondering why these are showing up to be installed when they have already been installed. I ran the Microsoft "Check for updates" on all my machines. All of them with the exception of that one show I am up to date. The one machines shows I need to update 4.0

Is there something wrong with the updater on that one machine? What should I do?

A:Updates again for NET Framework 4

looks like installing a game caused this

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/290888-updates-again-net-framework-4-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am reinstalling Windows Vista and I am wondering if I need to install the older versions of .NET framework when Windows Updates offers them. I expect to also see lots of updates to the older version too. Can I just skip them all, and just install the newest .NET framework ( I think the newest is .NET framework 4?).

Not sure what .NET is used for, the only additional software to be installed after the restore will be Office 2003.

Thanks

A:.NET framework updates

Install them, eventually you'll need them, and better have latest versions available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/232965-net-framework-updates.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi so here's the problem-
Ive been trying to download something called Impulse but it says that .NET 2.0 Framework or higher is needed for Impulse to run.
I hurry on over to Microsoft and download it, then try to install it. Then an error window pops up :

Error 25015. Failed to install assembly 'C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatability.dll' because of system error: 0x80131107
Is there anything I can do about this?
Is there a difference between the distributable package and the normal framework?
Is there another place on the net that I can download this??

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

A:.NET Framework 2.0 installation help??

Please look closely at this page and follow through the troubleshooting steps.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxbcl/thread/e40d80ca-6fe7-403d-b576-d6d72ef5e349

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/net-framework-2-0-installation-help-396819.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I was installing .NET FRAMEWORK 4 on windows vista x64. I downloaded dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64. This setup file supports my system as I checked it already. I got a box popping so I decided to take a screen shot of it:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1826/microsoftnetframework4.jpg.

And at the end of the installation I got the liberty to copy the log file but somehow I tried to post it but it couldn't post my thread up since the log was to long.
So instead I put it in pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/f23942f98

BTW If you don't want the numbers next to each line, go all the way down and you can copy everything from that log box.

Thanks for your help cuz appreciate it

A:.Net Framework 4 Installation (x64)

From what I read, .NET Framework is only for programmers, people hosting a website, servers, and as very few common user's programs even require 'NET F', "if" any of your progs do/did require 'NET F', they'll usually work just fine in a limited fashion w/o it (unless you're into advanced things like hosting, etc.), and for any progs you ever newly install, if they need 'NET F', those progs should prompt you of the need to install 'NET F'. I went into my Add-Remove Windows Features and un-ticked '.NET' and my OS runs just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-4-installation-x64.884791/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, 
I recently downloaded Devil May Cry 5 and was really looking forward to it when something unexpected happened. When I clicked on the launch icon, a message popped up saying I needed .NET framework of version 4.0.30319. I downloaded this from the internet
and tried to install it but the installation process failed because of "catastrophic failure". I cleared my 'temp' folder except for one file because it said it was open in Windows Explorer. I also tried changing the name of the file "assembly"
in the Windows folder
to "Assembly2" as I had seen online. But this did not work because it said that the file was open in Windows Explorer. I even tried using the repair tool from Microsoft to repair the .NET framework installation.  This too did not help. I hope
you can offer e some assistance.
Thanks,
Joe

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b88134b0-183d-472f-aef0-7fe5ab371e75/net-framework-installation-v-4-and-45?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I am running website developed Dot Installation. SP1 net Framework 2.0 in ASP NET It am receiving error on below line- public AuthType AuthenticationType get return authType As per my knowledge I have downloaded system directoryservices protocols dll from below url- http dllyes com system-directoryservices-protocols-dll I have added dll to my website Bin folder Dot net 2.0 Framework SP1 Installation. I have added reference into my aspx page like below- using System DirectoryServices Protocols Still I am receiving the same error message and also dll reference not recognized- 'The type or namespace name '' DirectoryServices quot does not exists in the namespace Are you missing an assembly refernce For class - public AuthType AuthenticationType get return authType Error 'The type or namespace name ''AuthType quot does not exists in the namespace Are you missing an assembly refernce I have seen one article suggest me instal quot NET Framework SP quot However I am not able to install mentioned software as I already have installed quot NET Framework SP quot quot NET Framework SP quot quot Microsoft NET Framework quot quot Microsoft NET Framework - Running Update quot and quot Microsoft NET Framework - Update only quot Please suggest further action What I have tried I have tried to find out class assembly downloaded from below url add reference and build- http dllyes com system-directoryservices-protocols-dll Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d2de61c5-15de-4b1d-962d-951b3a053d51/dot-net-20-framework-sp1-installation?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 52.89%

When installing any dot net framework or it's service pack ( in my case require for qt vs integration installation ) I get an error that the Turn windows feature on or off must be used in the control panel to install or configure .Net SP1 ... now the thing is that there is no option to add new things in the Turn windows features on or off utility . So how do we go about this installation ? Thanks.darkZ

A:Dot net 2.0 Framework SP1 Installation

The fundamental problem here is that you're encountering unanticipated behavior from a product (Visual Studio integration toolkit for QT) that knows nothing about Windows 7. It's doing a check for ".NET Framework v2.0 Service Pack 1", which is a non-entity on Windows 7 because the .NET Framework v3.5 is already installed, which includes a base build of .NET Framework v2.0 Service Pack 2 -- and no specific installation entry for the "SP1" of the framework exists.
Suffice it to say that this is an application compatibility issue, and likely you'll need to wait until the Visual Studio team makes the integration toolkit for QT a supported product for installation on Windows 7.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x7), MCBMSPPrincipal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, TexasMicrosoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88bec29e-a32e-4bc7-9c01-12ef2885cad9/dot-net-20-framework-sp1-installation?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 52.89%

Please set registry key
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETframework\Installroot to point
to the .NET Framework installation
I get that error when I open Dxtory. I have downloaded .NETFramework 4.0

A:.NET Framework Installation

Can you tell us more what you are trying to do?
A Google search states that you are trying to instal a Codec to a media player? Dxtory.com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/net-framework-installation-985361.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The following updates failed and I have not been able to find a solution. Can anyone help please?

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2656370)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2656353)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3070 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 232048 MB, Free - 151621 MB; D: Total - 6404 MB, Free - 1506 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., Basswood
Antivirus: BullGuard Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 52.46%

Im trying to update .Net Framework 3.5 security update and .NET Framework 4 client profile for windows vista Home Premium SP2. I keep getting a failure to install updates and this is the error message I get:
Windows Update_000000FF, that one is for the security update, and this one is for the .4 version of Framework: Windows Update_00000001. Now I've been all-over the forums and a lot of people have this problem. But their is no answer for it, I need a fix!!!
Operating system:
AMD Phenom X4, Quad Core 9150e processor, 4gb Ram, 500gb Harddrive, A Nvidia Geforce GTX Galaxy 220 video card. Please reply to by this thread or email at [email protected]

A:.Net Framework updates not installing

Hello, and welcome to the Vista Forums!

Download and run this tool: Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2 When it has finished installing the update, it is done!

Navigate to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS, and copy CheckSUR.log to your Desktop, and then upload it.

Thanks, and good luck!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/285911-net-framework-updates-not-installing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I read an article that Microsoft will stop supporting Windows XP April 12th 2012..then a week later I read another article saying it will be delayed until April 2014 because of the popularity of XP.....Do I really need all the Windows updates?....and or Net Framework...Some feel Net Framework is a big scam and waste of space..Thanks for any input

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445933/windows-updates-and-net-framework/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am now off auto updates in all my systems. Just visited MS as I now do regularly to see wut I am missing; I have all the criticals in all systems, but just saw in this one, I am missing some Net Framework SPs.

Are these necessary? I know not critical, but is everyone getting these? If so, why?

Thank U.

Relevancy 52.46%

I hope this is the correct thread for this kind of problem This past Tuesday July Microsoft had a big update dump including many updates to different versions of NET Framework I ve never had trouble with them before but I sure did this time The Service Pack update KB couldn t be downloaded and none of the others will download either I went to the Microsoft Community Board Disaster updates .NET Framework and was advised to uninstall then use the Microsoft Framework Clean Up Tool After doing so I still couldn t install the update I got the error message quot WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorwks dll could not be loaded quot I do have this file on my system Then I was advised to uninstall I couldn t do it through Add Remove programs so I used the Clean Up tool as .NET Framework updates Disaster instructed But now I can t reinstall and the .NET Framework updates Disaster other updates still won t install I have a lot of errors in my Event Viewer including Native Wrapper NET Runtime Optimization and COM errors I tried using the Microsoft telephone service but they just want to charge me that I don t have I am now very confused I just want to fix this problem so the regular XP and IE updates can be downloaded right now the Microsoft Updates site won t let me check them until I download the NET Framework update but that aborts also Help Thanks very much I have Dell Inspiron m XP SP Privatefirewall Avast antivirus Emsisoft antimalware nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-updates-disaster.1103550/
Relevancy 52.46%

Howdy I ve been dealing with Gringo pr in the malware viruses trojan section and have received some spectacular assistance While cleaning the machines an issue came up that wasn t as important as removing nasties from my machines It has been a problem won't .Net install framework updates for awhile but I made the assumption it was due to the malware that was .Net framework updates won't install present Evidently it is not I have machines that have d l ed but will not install Net framework security updates They are KB KB .Net framework updates won't install KB KB KB KB I have tried to install them one at a time I have tried to install them on shut down I have tried to install them all at once They simply will not install One of them KB will say Done but when the machine reboots it is still in the install list I have looked in the Add Remove program and it doesn t show up in the updates I m thinking I might have to uninstall reinstall the Net framework but I ll need some help with that if I have to go there What I have on these machines as far as the Net framework goes is Net framework Net framework SP Net framework SP Net framework SP That is what is showing in the Add Remove program Any ideas as to what may have happened or what I may need to do to be able to install these updates Any help will be appreciated KCOn Edit It might be nice if I told you I am running Win XP SP

A:.Net framework updates won't install

The .NET framework is a mess when the install messes up, I found that a clean intsall made it easier. You can go through the add/remove programs route and the trouble shooters at MS Support but it is painful, I think I eventualy went with a tool by Aaron Strebner. But the process is such a pain, I would recomend the clean install. I work in an environment where data back up and reinstalling is often easier than messing with it.

That and $1.95 will buy you a cup of coffee.

ETA: What error message show in Update History?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362154/net-framework-updates-wont-install/
Relevancy 52.46%

I had notice of 3 Framework Critiical Updates:
KB 2633889
KB 2572073
KB 2518864
I allowed them to download and install and when I went back to Critical Updates, it shows the same 3 Criticap Updates to be downloaded.
What is going on? Does anyone know?
I restarted computer and still the same 3 CUs are showing.
I have WinXP SP3.

(Tried to post quesiton on the MS Forums, but my message/thread would not post. Don't know why as they always posted previously.)

A:Framework Critical Updates

Apparently is a known bug and we're just waiting for MS to issue a fix for it.

In the meantime, you can hide those updates if you find the reminder thingy annoying but if you do that don't forget to unhide and download them later on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/framework-critical-updates.1054112/
Relevancy 52.46%

OS Version Platform Service Pack OS Description Windows 4.5.2 .net Updates 4.0 Failed framework & - x Home Premium Edition Service Pack CommandLine C b fdf c f c b e ff Setup exe x x ia web TimeZone Eastern Daylight Time Initial LCID Using Simultaneous Download .net framework 4.0 & 4.5.2 Failed Updates and Install mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection .net framework 4.0 & 4.5.2 Failed Updates Policy AlwaysUploaded Number of applicable items Exe C b fdf c f c b e ff SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe C Users NISIDI AppData Local Temp Microsoft NET Framework Setup Windows -KB -v -x msu failed with x - null Exe C b fdf c f c b e ff SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt MSI C Users NISIDI AppData Local Temp Microsoft NET Framework Setup netfx Core x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Setup -MSI netfx Core x msi txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Fatal error during installation quot Elapsed time That is the log I get when I attempt to install NET Framework Not sure if .net framework 4.0 & 4.5.2 Failed Updates I posted this in the right spot but I hope so Any help would be appreciated Not sure WHY it won't let me update but this has been going on for a year and I'm REALLY frustrated at it all I can't use Nexus I'm an avid gamer but with Nexus Mod Manager demanding NET Framework sighs Hope you guys have some viable help for me Nisi Diamondfire

A:.net framework 4.0 & 4.5.2 Failed Updates

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
See if this helps ?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976982

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383876-net-framework-4-0-4-5-2-failed-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

OS Version Platform Service Pack OS Description Windows - x Home Premium Edition Service Pack CommandLine C b fdf c f c b e ff Setup exe x x ia web TimeZone Eastern Daylight Time Initial LCID Using Simultaneous Download and Install 4.5.2 framework Updates & .net Failed 4.0 mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection Policy AlwaysUploaded .net framework 4.0 & 4.5.2 Failed Updates Number of applicable items Exe C b fdf c f c b e ff SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe C Users NISIDI AppData Local Temp Microsoft NET Framework Setup Windows -KB -v -x msu failed with x - null Exe C b fdf c f c b e ff SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt MSI C Users NISIDI AppData .net framework 4.0 & 4.5.2 Failed Updates Local Temp Microsoft NET Framework Setup netfx Core x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Setup -MSI netfx Core x msi txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Fatal error during installation quot Elapsed time That is the log I get when I attempt to install NET Framework Not sure if I posted this in the right spot but I hope so Any help would be appreciated Not sure WHY it won't let me update but this has been going on for a year and I'm REALLY frustrated at it all I can't use Nexus I'm an avid gamer but with Nexus Mod Manager demanding NET Framework sighs Hope you guys have some viable help for me Nisi Diamondfire

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383876-net-framework-4-0-4-5-2-failed-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Good day,

A while ago a game on my PC needed .NET Framework 3.5 so I enabled it in the Windows-features options. After that, there were some security updates for .NET Framework that I installed through Windows Update. After I finished the game I uninstalled it and also disabled the .NET Framework 3.5 again via the Windows-features options. However, I can see in the updates section of the Windows programs and features that the .NET Framework security updates are still installed on my PC.

There's a new game I installed yesterday that needed the .NET Framework 3.5 so I enabled it again. However, Windows update is not giving me any of the security updates again since they're already installed on my computer.

Question: Do these updates regarding .NET Framework, even after disabling and enabling the .NET Framework 3.5, still work and function properly for it? Shouldn't I uninstall these updates and install them through Windows update again since I disabled the .NET Framework before?

A:Question about .NET Framework updates

That all sounds pretty normal to me. Once you have enabled a feature and installed any updates required by that feature then disabling that option at some future point will not uninstall those updates. There is no reason to because the .net framework is part of the OS, it wouldn't be logical to take the OS to an earlier state. Its all ready to go next time you enable it and in fact there could well be more updates needed by that time.

So all normal.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56703-question-about-net-framework-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

After installing these two updates:

.NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB959209) x64

Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant x64 (KB963707)

The performance of my PC drastically slowed down during start-up and running of other processes and programs.
I decided to uninstall them; and the performance seemed to be back to normal.

My question is:

Are these updates really necessary for my PC; do I absolutely need them?

Thanks,

Americano

A:Question Regarding .NET Framework Updates

More and more apps rely on the .Net framework, and without those updates you may experience problems or outright failures at some point.

I don't doubt what you're saying regarding your observations of the speed of your machine with and without those updates, but that situation is not normal. Literally millions of PCs sport those same updates and they certainly don't experience user-perceptible performance degredation. In your case, it may be related to problems in one or more (.Net) apps which you use all the time, or perhaps the underlying OS installation is subtly broken... not enough info for useful guesses just yet.

If you're keen to troubleshoot, you may want to reapply the updates so that you can pinpoint something specific which is then far slower. Once you've got a specific problem in your sights, it becomes easier to test possible solutions.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/247765-question-regarding-net-framework-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I went update the NET Framework updates and Microsoft Visual Studio updates and they slow down my computer! My wireless connection WON'T start UNLESS I click on Internet Explorer or drag my mouse on "Connect to". Useless updates by Microsoft

So I did a system restore... Now, the NET Framework seem to be corrupted:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2e22ro8.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2dwe2k4.png

And I still have the same issue with the wireless connection because of the Framework updates.

So, how do I repair the corrupted NET Framework? Are there useless Framework update I can uninstall?

A:NET Framework updates corrupted

Hello Pat(rick),

Have you tried to uninstall the .NET Framework, then reinstall the latest?
bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410473/net-framework-updates-corrupted/
Relevancy 52.03%

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 has failed to install on my notebook. The first failure occured on 3/14/14. I followed the link to more information, downloaded an ran an installation utility that also incured a fatal error, but it recorded a log file. 
In the log file it says MSI (D:\3dac6fa8787h6ad68aa2f34b899a\netfx_Full_GDR_x86.msi)
Installation failed.      

The installation of Microsoft .NET Framewaork 4.5.2 on my Windows 7 32-bit SP1 notebook has failed 3 times. 
03/14/14, KB2600271 Code 66A
10/23/14, KB2931356 Code 80246005
03/12/15, KB2901983 Code 643

Could it be for the same reason? How should I diagnose the problem.  Could someone help me unravel this mystory?

A:Installation of .NET Framework 4.5.2 failed

I would start Here .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571392/installation-of-net-framework-452-failed/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I hope someone can assist me with NET Framework I d like to 3.5 Installation Problems 3.0, .NET 2.0, Framework have it installed on my computer and I m having all sorts of problems I have a Dell Dimension .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 Installation Problems Intel Pentium GHz GB RAM I had a clean and successful install of Windows XP SP fresh hard drive the whole deal During my installation of various drivers I installed NET Framework SP SP and SP I had no idea what NET Framework was and I was afraid it would slow down my computer so I tried to uninstall it via the Add Remove Software function in my Control Panel Supposedly I was successful in my uninstall of all files but when I rebooted I saw and still see NET Framework SP still populated in the Add Remove Software list When I try to remove it again I get an error message The patch package couldn t be opened Verify the patch still exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer patch package Now I m in a situation where I want to install NET Framework I have downloaded directly from Microsoft through the download area as well as through Windows Updater When I use Windows Updater it starts out OK Initializing installation done Installing Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack and NET Framework Family Update for NET versions through KB x update of But then I get a Following Update could not be installed message It downloads OK but it can t get installed Same for this NET update Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Security Update for Windows Windows Server and Windows XP KB Failed I downloaded and and I manually try to install them I got failed installs each time This was listed as part of the error file header EventType wap setup P P waprtm x sfx P mc P inst P f P system servicemodel washosting version P x P P createassemblycache P windows communic I am posting the VSSWMSIFailInfo log file I also have a VSSWMSISummary log but it was too large to upload Can someone help me out I want to get NET Framework installed and I have no idea how to do it I assume the issue has something to do with an unclean uninstall of the first time around If anyone can lend me a hand let me know I ve also installed way too many drivers since I uninstalled NET Framework so rolling back my machine is not an option Thanks in advance

A:.NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 Installation Problems

I suggest uninstalling everything currently reflected in Add/Remove Programs as MS.NET or any updates.Reboot.Then download and install just this one, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en.Some users have reported problems with uninstalling prior versions via Add/Remove...but they found success by using Revo Uninstaller and such utilities.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266271/net-framework-20-30-35-installation-problems/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all, I just formatted my machine with Windows 7 64-bit then I got an error window while installing the latest .NET Framework 4.6.2 and I can successfully install 4.6.1 without problem. Please advise the workaround. Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401201-net-framework-installation-error.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all,

I have windows 7 64 bits and I have a problem with Framework 4.0. Windows suggested me with the updates it has downloaded correctly, but the installation crash.

So I did a manual installation using this file "dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe" then he starts it decompresses a file on disk "cc1607f1bef875b2ce6c2d1014" which contains all these files Imageshack - sanstitre1zyn.jpg and when I run the installation it stops after 30 seconds and say : Imageshack - sanstitre3c.jpg with this error report : Imageshack - sanstitre4lo.jpg.

I also have a problem with the new version of Ad-aware that refuses to settle in gives me the following message : Imageshack - sanstitreoh.jpg

Can you tell me how to solve this problem, thank you in advance.

A:Manual Installation of Framework 4.0 can not run

Code:
OS Version Information:

Code:

[7/13/2010, 11:8:39]OS Version = 6.1.7600, Platform 2
[7/13/2010, 11:8:39]OS Description = Windows 7 - x64 Home Premium Edition

[7/13/2010, 11:8:39] OS Version Information

[7/13/2010, 11:8:39] Environment details: ...

[7/13/2010, 11:8:39]CommandLine = D:\cc1607f1bef875b2ce6c2d1014\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64 /ia64 /web
[7/13/2010, 11:8:39]TimeZone = Paris, Madrid (heure d??t?)
[7/13/2010, 11:8:39]Initial LCID = 1036

[7/13/2010, 11:8:39] Environment details

[7/13/2010, 11:8:39]Loading localized engine data for language 1036 from D:\cc1607f1bef875b2ce6c2d1014\1036\LocalizedData.xml

[7/13/2010, 11:8:39] Entering Function: LocalizedData::CreateLocalizedData...

[7/13/2010, 11:8:39] exiting function/method

[7/13/2010, 11:8:39] succeeded

[7/13/2010, 11:8:39] Entering Function: EngineData::CreateEngineData...

[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Current SetupVersion = 1.0
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]SetupVersion specified in ParameterInfo.xml is '1.0'
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "Exe", local path SetupUtility.exe
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "MSI", local path RGB9RAST_x86.msi
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "MSI", local path RGB9RAST_x64.msi
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "ServiceControl", local path (not applicable)
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "ServiceControl", local path (not applicable)
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "File", local path Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-x86.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "Exe", local path Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-x86.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "File", local path Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-x64.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "Exe", local path Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-x64.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "File", local path Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-ia64.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "Exe", local path Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-ia64.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "File", local path Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "Exe", local path Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "File", local path Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "Exe", local path Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "File", local path Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-ia64.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "Exe", local path Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-ia64.msu
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "Exe", local path SetupUtility.exe
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "File", local path netfx_Core.mzz
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "MSI", local path netfx_Core_x86.msi
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "MSI", local path netfx_Core_x86.msi
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "MSI", local path netfx_Core_x64.msi
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "MSI", local path netfx_Core_x64.msi
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "MSI", local path netfx_Core_ia64.msi
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "MSI", local path netfx_Core_ia64.msi
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "File", local path netfx_Extended.mzz
[7/13/2010, 11:8:40]Adding Item type "MSI", local path netfx_Extended_x86.msi
[7/13/2010, 11... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97186-manual-installation-framework-4-0-can-not-run.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all, I just formatted my machine with Windows 7 64-bit then I got an error window while installing the latest .NET Framework 4.6.2 and I can successfully install 4.6.1 without problem. Please advise the workaround. Thanks!

A:.NET Framework Installation Error

Are you using the web installer? Or the offline installer? Do you have all of your Windows updates finished, since this is a new installation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/401201-net-framework-installation-error.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hmm, anyone know what it means by "Windows features" ?

A:.NET Framework 3.0 Installation error?

hmmm wish i cud help ya mate can you do me big favour and try and install GTA4 on 6956 cuz i tryed on 6801 with no luck. good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/843-net-framework-3-0-installation-error.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all This is my first time posting here I m not sure if this thread belongs here But since it s a Vista update problem I figure it s best to ask here I ve been having problems installing the update for Net Framework SP and its family update KB x The problem started Framework .Net problem installation 3.5 when I was installing this update with Window Automatic Update I was playing a game during this update and it froze on me Naturally I did a hard shutdown by pressing the power button when it didn t respond to any input When I restart I see the update screen that subsequently failed After some googling with the error code I tried uninstalling Net Framework from control panel and reinstalling Frameworks and But they also failed to install And now every time I turn on my computer I get these error messages EULALauncher exe configuration parser error sprtcmd exe configuration parser error dsca exe configuration parser errorClick to expand and the content of the message are all the same Error parsing C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v config machine config Parser returned error xc ce Click .Net Framework 3.5 installation problem to expand But the programs I use are running with no problem since this is my home computer and I mostly use it for gaming and internet surfing I have next to no experience with the technical aspect of computers but I suspect it was caused by some corrupted files when I shutdown during the update If that s the case I still don t know how to find out where the problem is and how to fix it And I really appreciate some help now Thanks For my computer details it s running a bit Windows Vista Home Premiun SP nbsp

A:.Net Framework 3.5 installation problem

Some Vista updates seem to hang... gotta give them all the time they need.
And in this instance, that may have been exacerbated by running an app dependent on the runtimes.

FYI you shouldn't have uninstalled so far back, versions are independent.

Quickest way to fix...Google 'fileforum autopatcher updater' and run that app. Select all net components even if they're listed as already installed. It runs the installers with necessary switches / cleans up partial installs getting in the way.

A side benefit of this is that the patcher will likely provide you some other updates / patches missing... it fixes and picks up after Windows Update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-3-5-installation-problem.797011/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Techsupport,,,,

I hope I can get some quality help with this .NET problem I'm having.

This is the situation:

To resolve a software issue, I was told I needed to un-install the .NET Framework software and then re-install 1.1 and 2.0.

To un-install I used the dotnetfx cleaning tool. Which seemed to work. Then I downloaded dotnetfx 1.1 and 2.0 from the Microsoft site.

I tried installing dotnetfx 1.1 with the following results;

The program got 95% complete than I received the following error:

" Microsoft .NET Services Installation Utility has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience."

I then closed the error and the program that I attempted to install began to uninstall itself.

My question at this point is, how do you correctly install the .NET software without getting errors?????

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would help me with this. I thank you in advance for any help provided.

Singlesky

A:.NET Framework 1.1 installation problems

Hello again Tech Support,

I was hoping for a little help with the problem I posted on the 7th of May. I haven't received any valuable info to help as of yet. If anyone has any ideas on how to approach my .NET Framework installation problem,,,,I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!

This is my 1st experience using this site, and was hoping for a good result,,,,

Thanks again for any help provided..... Singlesky

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/net-framework-1-1-installation-problems-481814.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Each time I try to install the .NET framework 2.0, I get an error... "External Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close" - the usual prompt for an error report.

There is no .NET framework currently installed. I have tried unregistering and reregistering the installer, and running the .NET cleanup utility, which ran successfully.

dotnetfx.exe opens a dialog box that says it is extracting files, finishes that, and a few seconds later shows the error.

Hope you can help, thanks.

A:.NET Framework 2.0 Installation Issues

Go here to download and "save" and then double-click and run the dotnetfx35setup.exe installer for NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

The install process will also install versions 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2.

It takes several minutes to install, so be patient.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-2-0-installation-issues.829085/
Relevancy 52.03%

Okay my SP1 3.5 .NET Installation Framework URGENT: Windows Vista problems have been escalating and many times I have been forced to reinstall the entire URGENT: .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Installation OS or times A DAY over botched Microsoft installations which are NOT my fault I have been becoming increasingly infuriated over NET Framework SP because I have been forced to reinstall the ENTIRE OS just because it gets stuck at quot Configuring Updates Stage of quot for HOURS I install ALL updates including Office updates before I install Framework SP and there is one quot Update for Windows quot that only downloads and installs while I'm installing Framework SP I have to sit for hours for it to install because I don't know why Microsoft couldn't make Framework fast and seamless like all their other downloads I completes successfully most of the time and when it does it asks to restart computer to complete installation and I do it Configures the update in steps while rebooting and it completes Step then restarts When I come back it is Configuring Update Step to then then and now something about the number that makes it take a huge dump I don't know what the problem is it usually succeeds after the rd or th time reinstalling Vista in consecutive times

A:URGENT: .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Installation

I also have to point out that, just now (as I am reinstalling Vista AGAIN), the "Configuring Updates" has now been giving me black screen for few minutes and it comes back with the glowing Windows logo and says "Reverting Updates..." because they were not configured correctly. I REALLY need this notebook for college and I got this in June and I can positively say I have reinstalled Vista about 40 times. I got this notebook thinking positive about Vista and ignoring the negative feedback towards it but man....how can I be so wrong with my choice in a OS. Microsoft is truly going down the gutter with this CRAPTACULAR O.S. Wish I had money for a Windows XP notebook now...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/urgent-net-framework-3-5-sp1-installation-313399.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I royally screwed up. I tried to fix the CLR error 80004005 by uninstalling all .NET Framework versions my computer. After that, I restarted and tried to install the .NET Framework 4 on my computer. It downloaded the files, installed for maybe 1 minute and then says "Installation failed" without any helpful explanation. Is there any way to fix this or am I helplessly in a deep shit?

Thanks,
-Goldhat

A:.NET Framework Installation Error

How did you uninstall .NET? Did you do it manually or did you use .Net Framework Cleanup Tool 6.0.3790

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/240835-net-framework-installation-error.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hey every1...im attempting to install the .net framework and am having issues. when attempting to install i get the error 'Error creating process \Temp\IXP000.TMP\Install.exe>. Reason: \system32\advpack.dll. I checked to see if the dll was there and it is...ne ideas?

Relevancy 52.03%

I know I'm not the only person who has had persistent problems trying to install this update. It seems that nobody seems to have an answer on how to fix this problem. I am planning to upgrade to Windows 7 and am asking if this update, which MS calls important, is needed for the upgrade or in Windows 7?

If there is an answer to this installation problems, I would love to know what it is?

Thanks

A:NET Framework 3.5 installation problem

Originally Posted by BobZ

I know I'm not the only person who has had persistent problems trying to install this update. It seems that nobody seems to have an answer on how to fix this problem. I am planning to upgrade to Windows 7 and am asking if this update, which MS calls important, is needed for the upgrade or in Windows 7?

If there is an answer to this installation problems, I would love to know what it is?

Thanks

Bob Hi and welcome

Net framework is nec in win 7, but doesnt seem to give us much grief on install there.

Ken J+

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/262288-net-framework-3-5-installation-problem.html
Relevancy 52.03%

After failed installation attempt, need to know whether to first uninstall
.NET framework ver 2 first before attempting to install ver 3
and if there is any installation faq or procedure page for beginners.
Running XP Home s/pack 3 on Optima p4.
T.I.A. for any clarification, as download pages cluttered with offers
of other apps and services, obscuring the basic installation sequence
and system requirements etc.

Glen McCready (CNS burnt out)

A:.NET framework installation issue

Hi Glen

See how things go using the full .NET Framework 3.5 download, and installing that. I don't expect that you'll need to uninstall older versions first. If the install doesn't work, try visiting Windows Update & updating and Critical updates listed, then try the install again.

Here's the link for the full download:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...c-fe5076bba986

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/net-framework-installation-issue-512878.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi tech guys- i recently wiped and re-installed my win XP with SP as before it updates with Solved: framework problem .NET took me awhile to realize this distracted by other issues but pretty well daily i was being advised that i had updates waiting to be installed most often i d shut the PC down at night opting for the updates to happen overnight after which the PC would supposedly shut down each morning i d re-boot and see a message that updates had failed to install i finally realized that it is the same updates every time all having to do with the NET framework Solved: problem with .NET framework updates so i ve been disregarding the update advisories for a couple of weeks now but am worried that by not installing the NET items i am blocking any chance of windows downloading other possibly more critical updates not to mention the possibility that the NET updates could also be important as well is there a manual workaround or some other way i should be approaching this issue thanks in advance- Solved: problem with .NET framework updates MEZZ nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I am sending this from work as I cant actually use my home PC at the moment not the Win OS anyways - the Vista 2 separate IE8 killbits updates framework, Net an and HP SP works faultlessly On my home PC's WIN 2 separate Net framework, an IE8 and killbits updates OS I have continual 'lockups' easiest way to 2 separate Net framework, an IE8 and killbits updates describe it The PC just stops working after a few minutes my Gadget clock with a second hand just stops - time freezes The only way to get any action is to hard boot So last night I did another system restore back to Sept configuration NO PROBLEM with system worked fine So I went to Windows Update and downloaded the Office updates on offer After still no problem But when wanting to close down I noticed that the PC was offering up the quot Shut down and install Updates quot pop-up So I went back to Windows Update to see what was on offer and there were seperate Net updates one for Win WinXP and Vista and the other for WIN Also a Killbits update and a cumulative security update for IE I left all 2 separate Net framework, an IE8 and killbits updates checked and installed all Rebooted and bugga back to the lockedup PC I went so my longwinded question is why the Net updates I am going to restore again tonite and then hide the Net Win XP Vista Net update and only install the Win one and I am then one by one going to install the killbits and IE updates to try an isolate the cause Failing that Could prefetch or search function be causiing this But going from the 'second' hand on my gadget clock the whole PC is in a frozen state Rgds Rod from downunder

A:2 separate Net framework, an IE8 and killbits updates

Roddy, maaaaate

The .Net updates don't have the architectural wherewithall to completely lock up a machine, though I don't doubt your observations regarding their presence being apparently linked.

Can you explain the symptoms of the "lockup" in greater detail? Does the mouse pointer still move? Does ctrl-shift-esc bring up the Task Manager? Can the machine be pinged from another box on the network? Can you connect to its shares?

Answers to those questions would help us to understand just how "dead" the OS really is, and hence on what level to try troubleshooting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/29859-2-separate-net-framework-ie8-killbits-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I have been really choosy in downloading Microsoft Updates and most of the time I only install updates like "update for microsoft windows 7 and security updates for windows 7". Do you guys install the .Net framework 4 updates? and is it really necessary?

A:Downloading Security Updates for .NET Framework 4, necessary?

Welcome to Seven Forums Nev4rForgotten. I personally take all the .net updates. But I also make system images before I do, just in case (I make weekly images anyway). The last (5/8) updates were security updates to prevent remote code execution. I think if you have .net installed, you should take the updates. Many recommend waiting to see if there are reported issues before installing, but do not skip them entirely.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-035 - Critical : Vulnerabilities in .NET Framework Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2693777)

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/229353-downloading-security-updates-net-framework-4-necessary.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Here's a screen shot from one of my XP computers showing the add/remove programs list.

What's the deal with all these .Net Framework updates like CRT, CA, CLR, PreXP and all the WCS, WPF, WF_32, XPS and others?

A:Solved: .Net Framework related updates

My guess is they are all packaged in the .NET framwork updates that Microsoft releases with automatic update because my computer shows them all listed as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-net-framework-related-updates.820381/
Relevancy 51.6%

I had to add .NET Framework 4.0 for Seatools. Now it keeps adding updates for .NET Framework 4.0. There are 3 of them and they keep showing up in automatic updates. Shouldn't it reject multiples of the same KB update number? I'm unsure what the problem may be or how to resolve it.

Relevancy 51.6%

This morning I noted the M update gold shield Framework Security updates for repeating .NET in my systray indicating updates had been downloaded There were updates Security updates for .NET Framework repeating all for various versions of NET Framework A minute or two after they installed with no error messages and update history indicated the updates were all successful the shield shows up again indicating the SAME updates were ready to be installed Thinking maybe it might have been updates to the updates I went ahead and installed those and everything again installed successfully Then once again the shield shows up with the SAME updates At this point I turned automatic updates off and ran quot Fix-it quot which did find a problem with automatic updates and said it was fixed Turned auto updates back on Shield immediately shows up again with the same updates Downloaded and ran M Safety Scan which found no infections no surprise there my AV is Avast and it s absolutely always up to date Went to M Community and found several others with the same problem but nobody had an answer and M input is absent Anybody else with Win XP having this problem If so how do you stop the updates from repeating nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I experienced BSOD three times already from installing windows updates for .NET Framework 4. The OS launched the system restore and reverted the changes. I think I need to install these updates for me to run AutoCAD 2012 since the program crashes too.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFF87FFDB8647A
BCP2: 0000000000000001
BCP3: FFFFFA800C7A9080
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\091412-16972-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ryan Oliver\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48625-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:BSOD After Installing Updates for .NET Framework 4

Hello animate.

Please post it following the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html so that we can obtain the necessary information to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252826-bsod-after-installing-updates-net-framework-4-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay for some retarted reason the windows update window wont install .net framework 4 or the security updates for it.

I manage to do a stand alone install for .net framework 4 but it wont let me get the updates for the security through the windows update and keeps coming up with this error:

.Netframework security patch error:
ngen.exe entry point not found. the procedure entry point CLRCreateInstance could not be locate in the dynamic link library mscoree.dll but all other updates
are fine..

I also have this same problem with microsoft fixit tool..

anyone got any solutions how to fix this nagging problem.

A:Installing updates for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Have you had a chance to review this Microsoft knowledge base article?

Update for the .NET Framework 4

It also seems to be a requirement to have all previous .NET Framework versions installed as they work side by side (some parts of .NET 4 may need parts of .NET 1, 2, 3, 3.5 to work correctly.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/181026-installing-updates-microsoft-net-framework-4-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have never posted on a forum before so apologies if I am doing this wrong. The problem started when I tried to plug in my (new) iphone to my Dell pc. The device was not detected so I tried to update my itunes software - update failed and I received a Windows 7 error. After searching through multiple forums and trying to download windows utility cleaner, etc - nothing has helped. Also, if I try to run the 'Check for Updates" link on my computer - if NEVER stops searching for updates and there for I cant update anything. Not sure where to start

A:Windows Check for updates keeps running-all installation/updates fail

Let's start with the easy stuff

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
- **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270663-windows-check-updates-keeps-running-all-installation-updates-fail.html
Relevancy 51.6%

While trying to install Windows .NET Framework 4.5 from the standalone installer onto my laptop, I get the error message 'Fatal Error During Installation'. When installing with windows update, I get the error code (0x80070643).

.NETerrorcode.txt

NB: The CBS.zip file was 38MB, far bigger than the maximum 8. As such, I've uploaded a .zip file of just the CBS log, let me know if this is ok/what else to do.

Attachment 350154

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

A:.NET Framework 4.5 'Fatal Error During Installation'

You should be installing .NET 4.5.2 rather than the vanilla version - download it from here...
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=42642

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/361808-net-framework-4-5-fatal-error-during-installation.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Offline installation of .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8

Yes you can install .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 offline. The .Net 3.5 package is already included in the ISO but installing it requires an elevated command prompt which means you have to run the command prompt as an Administrator and run Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool (dism.exe)

Click the image for larger picture
as you can see on the image, Windows 8 installer has x86_netfx35~~~

command prompt as an Administrator

So after running the command prompt. Type
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /all /source:<w8_setup_drive>\sources\sxs

This Tutorial not by me just i found

A:Offline installation of .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 8

Yes i posted above tutorial but when i am doing this i am facing problem plz correct me

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14602-offline-installation-net-framework-3-5-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I accidentally uninstalled the version of net framework that was pre-installed into my computer and now I am having trouble reinstalling it I can't install v so i went straight to installing v but when i started the installation process a dialog box opened saying that this version of net framework is already pre-installed in my computer but i knew i had uninstalled it so I manually deleted al of it's registry keys [SOLVED] Help!!!! Installation Framework .net Need Problems! I so that it would not be detected and it worked but when i ran a net framework verifier it said that none of the net framework versions was installed Another problem soon arose When I deleted the registry keys my other softwares malfunctioned so I restored the deleted registry keys Problem solved But my other one was yet to be resolved Not knowing what to do I went on to installing v [SOLVED] .net Framework Installation Problems! I Need Help!!!! but when I did an error occurred when the setup process was registering system enterpriseservices dll I seriously need some help and would appreciate it from anyone as soon as possible Please help me Anxiously awaiting replies hafiz

A:[SOLVED] .net Framework Installation Problems! I Need Help!!!!

Hi HAFIZ2704 welcome to TSF

Go to start button, and in the serach box type System Restore. Then hit continue if that box appears.

Select a restore point to BEFORE you touched anything. Ie a week before. This will restore only your system files, not your personal files, however as ususal you should have a back up regime.

Use the system restore to fix this. Good luck and let me know if you have any further issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-net-framework-installation-problems-i-need-help-173638.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi i'm new to this site and i am also particularly new to posting forums so can someone help me out with this Whenever i try to Microsoft.NET 4.0 Framework error installation HELP install Microsoft NET Framework i get this error - OS Version Platform OS Description Windows - x Home Premium Edition CommandLine C d f bf db Setup exe x x TimeZone Central Standard Time Initial LCID Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile Setup Package Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 installation error HELP Version User Experience Data Collection Policy AlwaysUploaded Number of applicable items Exe C d f bf db SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe C d f bf db Windows -KB -v -x msu failed with x - Server execution failed Final Result I nstallation failed with error code x quot Server execution failed quot Elapsed time CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS AND I Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 installation error HELP DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH THE BIOS AT ALL i need Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 installation error HELP this because i can't get windows update to work either but don't reply to windows update fixes for me i just want this net framework to install so i can play my favorite game Chivalry Medieval Warfare and i need that to complete the installation and early thanks to you if you help me

A:Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 installation error HELP

my specs are on my profile

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/320091-microsoft-net-framework-4-0-installation-error-help.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
There is about 8 downloads , all pertaining to .net framework etc. they always fail to install. how can I make windows to install or how can I stop the downloads and or delete them. PC is XP SP 3.
.net framework 3.5 sp 1 already installed in my computer. one of the download is .net framework 3.5 sp1 and .net framework 2.0 sp2 (KB951847) Thanks

A:[SOLVED] .net framework installation failed

Download and run the DotNetFx_Cleanup_Tool. Uninstall all version of .Net
Framework, and restart the computer. Go to Windows Update and download the .Net Frameworks in the proper order, 1.1 first etc, and ending with 4.0 and 4.5.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-net-framework-installation-failed-636659.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I want to get .NET 4.5.1 installed on Windows 7 computer but when I do I get the following error:
"There is not enough disk space on your drive for the new files to be uncompressed and installed"
There is loads of space, and if I uncompress the redistributable using 7-zip and run setup I get the following error:
"Blocking Issues: You cannot use this setup program to install the .NET Framework"
This computer previously had .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed, but I have a requirement for 4.5.1 so I uninstalled 4.5.2.
Any suggestions how I can resolve this?
Thanks
Mark

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/862ed6c7-bd7e-4f10-b6d8-675babedf8c7/net-451-framework-installation-fails-on-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using a program (QSR NVIVO8) that requires, and automatically installs, an instance of Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) as well as SQL Server Express. The SQL Server express installation proceeds smoothly. The Crystal Reports installation seems to go well, then stalls when close to the end, and reports that "An error occurred during the installation of Crystal Rports....: policy.8.0.microsoft.VC880.ATL.type="win32-policy".version="8.0.50727.1".publickeytoken="1fc8b3b9a1e8e3b".processorarchitecture="x86".

Is this a Windows 7 compatibility issue--it seems like it, as the program installs normally on my Vista machine. If so, is there any way around this (like installing an updated version of Crystal Reports myself, without actually having to purchase Visual Studio?)

Thanks very much for any help or suggestions

A:Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 installation

Figured this out, more or less. Requested, and received, an updated instance of Crystal Reports from the provider. Tried to install this, but had the same error. Re-installed Windows 7, then installed NVIVO first (after updating), and had no problem with the installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/9930-crystal-reports-net-framework-2-0-installation.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, restored my system to usability earlier today after it crashed, corrupting the system32/config/software registry.. Copied the backup from windows/repair/ but that reset my computer's memory of all the things I've ever installed on it (I think because I've got an OEM installation) so now a few things don't work.. A lot I've managed to overcome by reinstalling the software, but the .Net Framework won't reinstall. Always gets so far and comes up with

Error 25007.Error occurred while initializing fusion. Setup could not load fusion with LoadLibraryShim(). Error 0x80131702

Giving only Retry and Cancel options. Retry presents the error again, ad infinitum, and Cancel undoes the whole installation.

I checked out the error codes in Google, all I came up with was "try deleting the systemroot/WinSxS/Policies folder" which doesn't change anything.. It gets rebuilt everytime i fail to install .net tho.

Any ideas anyone? You guys have been solid gold so far.

A:[SOLVED] .net framework installation problem

Hi,

Are you downloading it from the Windows update site?

I would make sure you have all the latest updates (IE7, WMP 11, and the Remote Desktop connection are optional). Then try to reinstall. The .NET framework 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 are all avaliable through Windows Update in the Software, Optional section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-net-framework-installation-problem-171876.html
Relevancy 51.6%

also known as NET Framework update installation error quot x quot or quot x quot I've googled and tried 643 installation Code :Error 4.0 Framework everything I've came across and still 4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643 no luck with installing 4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643 Framework this only started happening once I used a tool to change my Windows 4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643 install from professional to home i installed the wrong version and my key didn't work so i used a tool to downgrade my account so i could activate windows the tool i used was called quot Windows Downgrader quot and when the problem started happening no longer able to run daemon tools I'm unable to run System Info - See Your System Specs as that also requires the framework i can't install I've disabled and even uninstalled my Norton antivirus I've run the Microsoft Fixit I've run the NetFxRepair Tool I've run the dotnetfx cleanup tool and re-installed versions SP and won't install and throws an error saying to install help Code OS Version Platform Service Pack OS Description Windows - x Home Premium Edition Service Pack CommandLine E a e c e f be Setup exe x x TimeZone GMT Daylight Time Initial LCID Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection Policy AlwaysUploaded Number of applicable items Exe E a e c e f be SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe E a e c e f be Windows -KB -v -x msu failed with x - null Exe E a e c e f be SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt MSI E a e c e f be netfx Core x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Setup -MSI netfx Core x msi txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Fatal error during installation quot Elapsed time

A:4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643

Famework.NET repair tool fixed the issue, had to click next instead of finish.. and it repaired my 4.6 version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395561-4-0-framework-installation-error-code-643-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Just have a Bootable Windows Server Windows with Update DVD or USB whichever out of these Windows version you are using attached to your PC amp execute the attached bat file Code echo off BatchGotAdmin ------------------------------------- REM -- gt Check for permissions gt nul gt amp quot SYSTEMROOT system cacls exe quot quot SYSTEMROOT system Net Framework installation Offline Automated & v3.5 Dot config system quot REM Automated & Offline Dot Net Framework v3.5 installation -- gt If error flag set we do not have admin if ' errorlevel ' NEQ ' ' echo Requesting administrative privileges goto UACPrompt else goto gotAdmin UACPrompt echo Set UAC CreateObject quot Shell Application quot gt quot temp getadmin vbs quot Automated & Offline Dot Net Framework v3.5 installation echo UAC ShellExecute quot s quot quot quot quot quot quot runas quot gt gt quot temp getadmin vbs quot quot temp getadmin vbs quot exit B gotAdmin if exist quot temp getadmin vbs quot del quot temp getadmin vbs quot pushd quot CD quot CD D quot dp quot echo off Title NET Framework Offline Installer for I in D E F Automated & Offline Dot Net Framework v3.5 installation G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z do if exist quot I sources install wim quot set setupdrv I if defined setupdrv echo Found drive setupdrv echo Installing NET Framework Dism online enable-feature featurename NetFX All Source setupdrv sources sxs LimitAccess echo echo NET Framework successfully installed echo else echo No installation media found echo Insert Bootable Pen Drive or DVD and run this file once again echo pause echo off

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/71004-automated-offline-dot-net-framework-v3-5-installation.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Every day I am getting update for Microsoft .Net Native Framework Package 1.2.23205.0 - its successful.

Any ideas why and how to fix?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47249-microsoft-net-native-framework-package-updates-every-day.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2656351)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2600217)

Both updates keep installing after successful installing over the last two weeks +. No errors. Ran scannow, no errors. Ran command prompt. fsutil resource setautoreset true %systemdrive%\ and it didn't do anything either. Have uninstalled several times, but it keeps coming back. Ran Fix PC or whatever the Microsoft troubleshooter is and it didn't do anything either. ?

A:Windows Update Framework 4 updates keep installing

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

There are lots of thread about these updates repeatedly installing.

I would suggest doing what I posted here:
update never go away after installing??

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/288481-windows-update-framework-4-updates-keep-installing.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've tried to install Microsoft .Net Framework updates for several weeks now, but all but "Update 5 of 7" fail. I know these updates are important to my security, so does anyone have a solution?

A:Microsoft .NET Framework updates fail to install

.NET Framework is different from other apps. You may or may not need the different versions if they are required by an app. The problem users have is when you uninstall an app that uses .NET Framework, the app leaves .NET Framework behind. To fix this, open Add/Remove Programs and attempt to remove all versions of .NET Framework. If a version can't be removed, leave it alone. That means you need it. After removing all .NET Framework versions, run the cleanup tool at the link below. That should get rid of the updates. You shouldn't need to reinstall the removed versions of .NET Framework.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519730/microsoft-net-framework-updates-fail-to-install/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I came back to this forum because last time I had an issue people were very helpful and solved my problem My problem now seems to framework issue? Windows for can't search updates Net - 7 have started when a Windows 7 can't search for updates - Net framework issue? usual update tried to occur overnight on around the nd December I noticed that windows did not update and got the error code windows has encountered an unknown error After trying a few things I decided to reset my laptop Acer aspire -A with a back up being kept at C drive backup That didn't work and since then I did some digging and Windows 7 can't search for updates - Net framework issue? it looked like there was an error with NET framework I can't uninstall or turn on version on through Control Panel Turn Windows features on or off - so can't seem to fix this problem I have tried using the tool that repairs NET framework but that didn't work I have also tried the tool that removes individual or all versions but that doesn't work Also it the error means that I can't install Microsoft Essentials Security either Can anyone help or talk me through what they would do Thanks for looking Simon

A:Windows 7 can't search for updates - Net framework issue?

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562063/windows-7-cant-search-for-updates-net-framework-issue/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have 2 windows updates that haven't installed for about a month now..

-Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2656351)
-Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2600217)

I don't have a clue why but everything installs fine.. I install them, restart my computer and everything does its thing while that's happening and they just pop up again when I do a search for updates after computer has restarted.

A:2 Windows Updates not installing, .NET Framework 4 Issues

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275672-2-windows-updates-not-installing-net-framework-4-issues.html