Windows Support Forum

Windows Vista freezes, reboots, bad graphics

Q: Windows Vista freezes, reboots, bad graphics

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2. Within the past few weeks the system has started to freeze, crash and then reboot occassionally. Also, when it starts up, occassionally it does so with bad graphics. I used Advanced System Care (free) and it has been unable to correct the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Vista freezes, reboots, bad graphics

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Vista freezes, reboots, bad graphics

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415580/windows-vista-freezes-reboots-bad-graphics/
Relevancy 59.34%

At wits end , my desktop pc is Windows Vista , 3 days ago updated some drivers now screen shows ‘updating 3 of 3 0% don’t turn off computer’ after 1 minute shuts down and restarts, never complete the download, I have tried the F8 last good config, still goes back to the update screen, loaded in safe mode nothing happens, in desperation put in the re installation operating system CD, that wouldn’t load up either, still starts up at that updating screen, checked the BIOS to ensure would boot from CD all correct but whatever I try just goes back to that same screen and keeps re-starting,cant get past that screen to do anything, all advice from Microsoft forum to find the fault hopeless because need to get into system to do the checks and repair, as this happened to anyone else and how can I get past it and into system, having to send this message on borrowed laptop

A:windows update freezes then reboots

If the settings in BIOS are correct, it should start your XP CD. Go check your BIOS settings again. If necessary, use Load BIOS Defaults.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-freezes-then-reboots.1099551/
Relevancy 58.48%

Dear friendly experts My computer s been behaving strangely since a few days Here are the symptoms It started with random freezing - sec while in Windows Then it started rebooting by itself while in Windows again apparently ramdomly Now it s also freezing randomly before while after Windows is loading it can take as many as reboots before it finally gets to Windows and that doesn t mean it freezes/reboots Random before/while/after is loading Windows ll work for long I also noticed that at the very first screen on startup one or both of my CD DVD drives are not detected times Random freezes/reboots before/while/after Windows is loading out of most often it s the secondary master safe mode acts no differently Here s what I ve tried so far At first I tried a Windows repair successful after attempts but no improvement Then I tried to run memtest but it rebooted after a little more than an hour no error yet at test approx of pass and I couldn t get it to run again for longer than minutes Here are some details about the system AMD Athlon XP MHz MSI KT V MS- VIA VT Apollo KT x Mb PC DDR SDRAM ATI Radeon RV on AGP slot HDDs on IDE primary master amp slave CD-RW amp DVDRAM drives secondary master amp slave I know I know it s old but Random freezes/reboots before/while/after Windows is loading I don t need more than that In case it can help here are the temperatures according to Everest I have no idea what s good and what s bad when it comes to that motherboard F processor F HDD master F HDD slave F With such an unstable system I m really at a loss as to what I can do now Any suggestion will be most welcome Thanks in advance Sophie nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Out of nowhere, my Windows XP starts to get slower and slower after I connect to the Internet and then suddenly when I click some programs to open them, they no longer open, nothing works. If I don't connect to the Internet, everything works fine. When I connect, though, I also get a message from time to time saying NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM has to shut down my computer in 60 seconds. And then it shuts down.

I have used Spyware Doctor, Ewido, CleanUp and my anti-virus program and there's nothing left to cure, but this keeps happening. I connect to the internet and 5 minutes later everything gets slower and then stops responding and I have to reboot.

Please help!

A:Windows freezes or reboots when I connect to the Internet

I'd really appreciate some help... thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-freezes-or-reboots-when-i-connect-to-the-internet-101554.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone I just registered to the forums because I m having major problems with the New Build Screen Login Reboots Windows at Freezes, PC I built about a month ago First New Build Freezes, Reboots at Windows Login Screen the specs CPU - E w stock cooler Motherboard P B-E RAM - x GB Corsair XMS DDR TWIN X - Video Card - Sapphire x Pro MB PCI-E HD - x GB Seagate SATAII Power Supply - Antec TrueBlue Watt ATX V Here s my problem Every time I boot up the PC when it has been shut off for some time mins or more the PC will freeze and then reboot at the Windows login screen Usually after freezing rebooting the PC will come up and load fine Rather than write everything over you can view the entire problem here http forum pcmech com showthread php p post Basically I thought it would be a RAM problem and one stick of Ram did get errors in Memtest but I m only using the other stick that passed Memtest and the PC still freezes I thought it may be a driver software problem but I installed Vista on a separate partition last night without installing any drivers and it freezes when booting Vista So now I m to the point where I think it could be a power supply problem Any ideas as to how I can troubleshoot this problem nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi After I've booted up and logged into Windows bit my computer runs without hiccup but once a random amount of time has passed haven't timed it with freezes, and reboots Windows error eventually message. visible no maybe Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message. an hour or so the current program stops responding followed by Windows CTRL ALT DEL doesn't work once this has happened I even got a dialog box once saying Windows couldn't access the task manager and I should reboot If I leave the computer be for Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message. a while it eventually reboots itself and then tells me Windows did not properly shut down After that it's business as normal until it happens again There's no error box or BSOD nothing that gives me any sort of code that would indicate what specifically is going wrong Prior to Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message. this happening a game on my computer ran an update which crashed my computer in this manner and I thought it was the culprit However uninstalling the game yielded no results I have tried to fix this by reinstalling Windows during which I formatted ALL my partitions This didn't solve it unfortunately I have monitored my CPU temperature and it peaked at C when it crashed so overheating seems unlikely My only trains of thought are hardware failure of some kind or BIOS related Any thoughts

A:Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message.

Welcome to TSF! Have you tried rebooting in Safe Mode?
or trying this Clean Boot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-freezes-and-eventually-reboots-with-no-visible-error-message-692426.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Dell Inspiron 580 that randomly freezes and reboots and reports that windows has recovered from a fatal error. I can not seem to find the cause. I have tried reinstalling the Video Driver, thinking this was the issue because sometimes when it crashes, the screen will freeze, sometimes it will flash blue and white then crash and reboot. One specific error I see when opening Windows Live Mail, upon a hang, display flashes and notification window pops up says Video driver as stopped working.

I have also tried cleaning all heat syncs, and reapplyng thermal compound to rule out a heat problem. All fans work fine. I have run memtest86 testing memory, and burn in software testing the Video card and I get no error during these test.

At a loss. Figured I would ask for help.

A:Computer Freezes, reboots, reports Windows has Recovered - Fatal Error

I'm not absolutely certain here as things aren't very clear cut in your logs there, but at this point the biggest possible culprit seems to be your antivirus application.
Whether something has gone wrong or it's just mistakenly blocking a needed system component I can't say.

If you aren't completely opposed to the idea I would like you to remove it temporarily to see if things stabilize.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250106-computer-freezes-reboots-reports-windows-has-recovered-fatal-error.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Compaq laptop running bit Vista I have had the following problems Windows will freeze periodically I get a blue screen of death reboot that disappears before I can note the error message Windows problem solution says to upgrade windows to SP but Windows update will not run When I start firefox besides the normal homepage tab I also get a weird tab trying to open that has what looks like a lot of chinese letters and symbols Using more freezes, Many blue Firefox reboots, popups, chinese & Windows screen problems. Chrome it would not allow me to post a topic on this forum Please help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Paige at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Many problems. Windows freezes, blue screen reboots, Firefox chinese popups, & more GMT - AV Trend Micro Internet Security Pro Enabled Many problems. Windows freezes, blue screen reboots, Firefox chinese popups, & more Updated F AC- AA - D- C- E E SP Trend Micro Internet Security Pro Enabled Updated D - C A- -BE C-BB CF BF SP Many problems. Windows freezes, blue screen reboots, Firefox chinese popups, & more Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Trend Micro Personal Firewall Enabled A CD - D-A -A E- DEE EDB B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hp QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar ProToolbarUpdate exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system svchost... Read more

A:Many problems. Windows freezes, blue screen reboots, Firefox chinese popups, & more

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - if you get the following warning, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Click on Cancel, then Accept.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368417/many-problems-windows-freezes-blue-screen-reboots-firefox-chinese-popups-more/
Relevancy 55.9%

I m having an extremely weird vista startup error I just built my computer about a month ago and installed Vista Ultimate -bit SP- It took me about tries but I finally got vista installed I updated the drivers for the graphics card and sound card installed Norton Internet Security and Supreme Commander FA and it started doing this weird restarting stuff Once booted up my computer runs fine It runs Supcom Crashes, Works 64-bit Reboots, Startup Vista Error: Reboots, FA perfectly at all max settings with no slowdown and has never crashed once This makes me think it is not a hardware issue Here s where the problems start Every time I turn on my computer the graphics card cycles the fan high then low high then low eight times before it boots It didn t do that before I want to fix that because it takes a long time and the noise is annoying Once it boots up Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works I get the quot Windows Error Recovery quot screen and if I select quot start normally quot it starts to boot green loading bar then gives me a bluescreen for second too fast to read or get a pic of then reboots I get the quot Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works Windows Error Recovery quot screen again and select quot use previous settings quot and it will sometimes start normally other times I have to repeat this process Every time I start normally it crashes and reboots Once it s booted it works fine I tried booting off the install DVD and running quot Repair My Computer quot First I said no to using system restore It said there was a patch error and that it could not be fixed automatically When I used System Restore I think it deleted Norton but it started up fine Next restart however it was back to restarting Also any time the computer enters sleep mode the graphics fan goes crazy and it snaps out of sleep Any help I have all the manuals and CDs DVDs that came with the hardware as well as the Vista install disk Re-Installing Vista is definitely an option as i haven t really been able to install anything important or create any important files Here are the specs OS Windows Vista Ultimate x SP- Motherboard ASUS P N-D nforce i CPU Q stock RAM G DDR - OCZ Reaper Graphics PNY XLR GTX Sound HT OMEGA CLARO Plus Hard Drives x Western Digital Caviar GB in Raid Disk Drives x SATA x DVD Burner CPU Cooler Zalman mm CNPS Case NZXT Apollo Mid Tower Monitor LG W T-TF quot Widescreen A V Soft Norton Internet Security nbsp

A:Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works

Bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-startup-error-reboots-crashes-reboots-works.764507/
Relevancy 53.32%

For the last couple weeks my computer(windows vista)has gone haywire. I've been tortured by the BSOD ,constant freezing, black screen on power up,my PC randomly restarts out of the clear blue.I frequently get error message "Windows explorer not responding" .Not sure if files are damaged or what kinda nasties I picked up along the way. But any help with diagnosing/resolving the problem would be greatly appreciated.My PC Info:Windows Vista -Home PremiumService Pack 232-bit Operating SysAMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430I ran the following programs in safe mode:+Spywareblaster ---regular maintenance+Spybot search & destroy--cookies+Cleanup! --regular flush+CWShredder --not infected Results: nothing significantly found. I await further instructions.

A:Windows Vista BSOD//Freezing//Sys Reboots

I may be overlooking it (I do so often)...but i don't see where you actually have installed and run a reliable AV program.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451095/windows-vista-bsodfreezingsys-reboots/
Relevancy 53.32%

I went to turn on my new HP desktop and it gets through to the windows vista load screen, then the computer restarts. I haven't loaded anything new lately, cpu, memory and hard drive come back clean on system check. I've reverted back to last known good. I have windows defender and virus protection. Please help.

A:Windows Vista reboots at startup screen

First you need to boot into Safe Mode.

Start tapping the "F8" key as the system reboots. This should get you to a boot menu where you can select Safe Mode

Next, log on and select "yes" when it asks if you want to continue in safe mode and close the help box that automatically opens.

Click Start>RightClick Computer and select "Properties" or Start>Control Panel>Doubleclick "System"

Select "Advanced System Settings" on the left side

Select Startup and Recovery "Settings" Button

Deselect the "Automatic restart" check box and OK. (This allows you to see the error message that may explain what caused the system to reboot.)

Close everything and restart as you normally would.

Record any error message you see when the system restarts.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193169-windows-vista-reboots-startup-screen.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,my build is
mobo: MSI X58 platinum
cpu: intel i7 core 920 cpu
psu: 850W Chieftec
gpu: EVGA geforce gtx 280
ram: 2x2gb DDR3 Corsair
hdd: WDC Caviar Black 1TB
The problem is that i get random reboots and hangs with windows vista 64bit OS.I have tried with 2-3 different versions of win vista.And recently with Windows 7 RC 64-bit and then 32-bit but the problem persisted..
I visited the local retailer and they told me that it is a software problem since he installed windows xp and had 3d mark running with no error for some hours.
I installed windows xp now too and generally i dont have problems,only got 2 reboots last night but im not sure about the reason.
Anyway any1 has any idea about why i cant have vista installed?;/ i am thinking that it is a hardware problem but i dont know on which part..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-7-random-reboots-but-running-ok-on-winxp-372484.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Here s the situation I had some malware that royally messed up my computer Malwarebytes amp Friends couldn t fix it properly major problem was the Google Redirect issue So I ran ComboFix When I did a running Combofix Vista Windows continually after reboots dialog box with quot Error quot appeared I Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix clicked it away and then Windows Vista restarted After the restart ComboFix automatically ran and did the system check After it was done everything seemed fine Google Redirect issue seemed to be fixed I was happy I then shut my computer down but it took ages - it got stuck at the quot Shutting down quot screen and I decided to just turn the power off which was probably a mistake sorry Now whenever I try to boot Windows it reboots Safe Mode presents the same problem I uploaded the ComboFix log file Also I still have access to the file system since I have Linux running on the same machine Maybe this helps I am thankful for any help Thank Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix you

A:Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346816/windows-vista-continually-reboots-after-running-combofix/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello -I'm new to these forums so let me introduce myself my name is Am lie nearly years old from Europe and currently studying medicine - please update! :( driver after Whole windows graphics freezes help me I need this computer to study because it has all my files and projects it started freezing after installing ati drivers please read my steps - Yesterday my pc was running very Whole windows freezes after graphics driver update! :( fine Uninstalled amd drivers to reinstall them in the middle of uninstallation the screen went wrong colors badly displayed white black and random colors everywhere after uninstalling rebooted Whole windows freezes after graphics driver update! :( pc reinstalled latest drivers colors back normal - pc Whole windows freezes after graphics driver update! :( worked for an hour to two started a game saint's row main menu was fine in the loading the pc freezed with brown screen and had to long press power to shut it down tried another games later same problem - now when turning pc on sometimes the screen is displayed wrong white lines behind the mouse they stay the same and never move or disepear but when starting a game the pc freezes sometimes when starting pc the lines come sometimes they don't when pc starts with them they stay when pc starts without them they don't appear until starting a game and pc crashes the lines always when they come they start after the windows loading logon step never before and safe mode always works perfectly Things I tried to fix the issue - reinstalled drivers completly removed them and installed latest ones completly removed and installed original ones from original cd same problem - reinstalled windows pc worked fine until the step I installed the ati drivers and rebooted pc pc froze after the windows logon loading step - checked temperatures of all my computer parts checked fan speeds and voltages everything fine - tried a cpu gpu stress test and it worked fine I even let gpu temperature go to c and fan was running at top speed no problem played full hd movies at the same time to test if gpu crashes and it did not played a heavy flash game and it did not crash but when starting a normal game even windows titans chess the whole pc freezes Please I need this pc to study so badly especially when I'm having exams this week before christmas vacations Thanks a lot for reading I would really appreciate and thank you if you help me

A:Whole windows freezes after graphics driver update! :(

When a driver fails in the way you describe and Win7 becomes unbootable, the best approach is to boot into System Recovery Options to run System Restore to before the driver was updated. Then take note of the driver so you don't install it again unless you want to test it.

Was this driver provided by Windows Updates? If not check now if there are drivers which Win7 prefers that are delivered via Important and Optional Windows Updates when you enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3).

In fact I'd look over the steps given in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which compile the tools and methods which assure you'll get and keep a perfect install. These are the same for retail.

I would try all possible drivers for Win7 for your Display adapter from your PC maker, device maker, Windows Updates, etc. These remain cued in Device Manager>Display>Driver tab>Update Driver>Browse>Let me choose. There is also a Roll Back Driver button to use, or System Restore if it won't boot as noted.

You have a good command of your PC so here are other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 to work through.

If you'll post back results as you go we will work with you to help resolve this fully.

Please fill out your system specs in the bottom left corner of your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/267490-whole-windows-freezes-after-graphics-driver-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Specs Gateway FX S - Tower - x Core Quad Q GHz - RAM GB - HDD x GB - DVD RW R DL DVD-RAM - GF GT - Gigabit Ethernet - Vista Home Premium - bit These are the specs I got of Amazon because I cant even Windows drive, Vista: continually hard corrupted reboots Trojan boot up this computer right now They sound right Last night my Windows Vista: Trojan corrupted hard drive, continually reboots antivirus advira popped up saying I had a Trojan and immediately started a full system scan A few seconds later Windows crashed and when I rebooted I got these Errors Critical Error Damaged hard drive cluster detected Private data is at risk Critical Error RAM memory usage is critically high RAM memory failure Critical Error Hard drive not found The rest of the Error is illegible to me i took a bad picture It looks like Locating hard drive Then I get a pop up from windows saying Windows a hard disk problem It tried to repair it windows later crashed again I tried to get the computer into safe mode by pressing F at the start up but safe mode wouldn t boot up when I clicked it It just booted up in normal mode I went into the boot up menu and did a system restore using a restore point from about days back It worked and I thought everything was fine there were no more error pop ups Then I tried addressing the problem of the virus I ran MSconfig put the computer into safe mode This is where my problem now lies The computer keeps on trying to boot up but returns to the original page just as if I had restarted the computer It stops at the windows loading screen and then the boot process starts all over again Is there a fix for this or am I looking at dropping bucks for windows Will that even help Please get back to me Thanks

A:Windows Vista: Trojan corrupted hard drive, continually reboots

Hi WillN,Welcome to Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. In case of making changes I shall assume my assistance is not needed any more.Please tell me if you can use F8 key to get to Advanced Boot Options.Also tell me if you have a Windows Vista installation DVD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366684/windows-vista-trojan-corrupted-hard-drive-continually-reboots/
Relevancy 51.6%

Sunday August IST HindustanTimes com India Story Small town boy reboots Microsoft GC Shekhar Chennai August He d wanted to be the next Dhanraj Pillai but the vista that destiny opened up for A Mahesh led to greener pastures in the world of technology The -year-old from small town Tamil Nadu has created a software that will add considerable muscle to Vista Microsoft s brand new operating system due for launch next year In all probability Vista will incorporate Mahesh s creation which is an image browser image editor web browser system tools and disk manager rolled into one In fact Microsoft has already validated and awarded the product BETA iBRO NET a patent protection certificate This means anyone may make use of Mahesh s product using the validation key but would need to News information Vista Town Windows Small Microsoft Reboots Boy - - pay Microsoft a royalty a part of which would reach this shy Small Town Boy Reboots Microsoft - Windows Vista - News information lad from Palayamkottai in southern Tamil Nadu The first member of his family to reach the post-graduate level Mahesh developed the BETA iBRO NET as the fifth-year project for his integrated M Sc course in computer science He chose Vista s developer platform where individuals are invited to contribute features for Vista quot For sheer conceptualisation and acumen his creation shows enormous scope and maturity It s a full fledged tool that would not only remove deficiencies in Vista but add never-seen features in the OS quot explained Dr Krishnan professor of computer science at Manonmaniam Sundaranar University who helped fine tune Mahesh s creation For example why a computer hangs remains a mystery to most But Mahesh s product can display the reasons It can also optimise the download speed of a broadband connection when needed Unlike other OS it can also display properties of all the drives in the computer simultaneously quot Before Vista is launched I plan to add more features to make my product more comprehensive quot said Mahesh whose father is a retired peon quot Such a product would take a team of at least people in a top IT company months to develop But for a student from a rural background to do all this in just months on his own is amazing quot observed N Chokkan a columnist on computer Mahesh who will soon join IBM at Bangalore is unfazed by the recognition and remains grateful to his parents and R Panneerselvam chairman of his school who waived his fees for the five-year course nbsp

A:Small Town Boy Reboots Microsoft - Windows Vista - News information

Great for him !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-town-boy-reboots-microsoft-windows-vista-news-information.489985/
Relevancy 50.74%

Windows xp freezes and crashes for no reason it started when i installed my new Pentium 4 2.8 GHz HT cpu i tryed fresh installs on a new harddrive but that didn't fix it. but when i installed windows 7 (same for vista) my pc doesn't freeze or crash anymore.

But i want to use xp because i have programs i want to use that only works on xp and for example my sound card (rocketfish rf-71SDCD (its a co branded creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio) i want to use the what u hear (stereo mix) but i can't on win7 or vista.

i don't want to put my p4 2.4 GHz cpu back in

please help

A:Windows XP freezes but Win 7 (or Vista) never freezes

Probably Win7 being more recent, has drivers suitable for your motherboard which were not available in XP. Your XP install should run in Safe Mode, enabling you to update all the motherboard drivers for XP, which can be found and downloaded from your motherboard site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-freezes-but-win-7-or-vista-never-freezes.133939/
Relevancy 50.74%

Running xp pro on a pentium 3.2 ghz asus P5AD2.
This is the error i recieve after it reboots automatically,

BCCode : b8 BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\unclerex\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4b31.dir00\Mini092107-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\unclerex\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4b31.dir00\sysdata.xml

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezes-and-reboots-by-itself-183007.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Edit Taking out the RAM fixed all problems so I think I might take that back for replacement or refund I recently installed another stick of RAM to my machine I made sure it was the right type and all and everything ran smoothly for awhile It recognized the RAM and showed in the system properties that it had the right amounts However today I installed a GeForce FX PCI and have had nothing but problems since If I am not BSOD s or Freezes then the system is restarting by itself It seems to do this quite regularly with certain programs mainly with any Game Games will start but will cause reboot when entering a D environment IE menus work and such Firefox and quite a few other programs When I look in the Device Manager it shows my old integrated Intel Graphics card and the Freezes Self and Reboots new card in there even though I removed the Intel from the Device Manager before I installed the new card When trying to remove Self Reboots and Freezes it from the list now it freezes up There isn t much else information I can give Please if you can help me I would much appreciate it Thank you Cory EDIT I took the new RAM out and got some games to work haven t tried them all though So I m thinking that might be the culprit nbsp

A:Self Reboots and Freezes

try disableing the onboard gfx rather than removing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/self-reboots-and-freezes.257478/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok I think this is a hardware problem but I may be wrong. MY computer has been playing up lately. Sometimes when I switch it on it boots up fine and I have no problems. Other times It will appear fine and all of a sudden it will either freeze or reboot(when it reboots it sometimes does not pick up the monitor so I cant see what its doing). I have even had occasions when it froze or rebooted when I was in the bios. The problem is also likely to happen at any stage of the start up.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Relevancy 49.88%

my computer will freeze and reboot whenever it wants in the last 2 weeks. i try and run my mcafee anti virus and it freezes also. tried 2 other anti virus and they also freeze and reboot also. all three freeze at the same file .fonts frahvit.ttf. please help

A:computer freezes then reboots

Delete the font and try again. BTW...your PDF file is empty. If you think adware/spyware is the cause..download hijackthis and post it's log here and we will have alook for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-freezes-then-reboots-22991.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I hope I m posting correctly please pc help!! freezes randomly and reboots and in right place and pray someone can please help me My computer has been freezing randomly and I have to restart it It has also been randomly rebooting itself with no warning also while I m online using windows internet explorer usually when I m on facebook sometimes my browser just closes I ve updated and run scans with malwarebytes and free avast antivirus and both have quot not quot found any issues This has been happening for about a months now once in awhile but in the last days it has been everyday and sometime more then twice a day Today it has rebooted times and froze times My husband just replaced the power supply thinking it was the problem or the fan and I was only on about minutes when it rebooted here is please help!! pc reboots and freezes randomly the last error report microsoft windows error signature BCCode e BCP C BCP F BCP B F C BCP OSVer SP Product Error Report Contents the following files were included in the error C DOCUME LISACO LOCALS Temp WERbe dir Mini - C DOCUME LISACO LOCALS Temp WERbe dir please help!! pc reboots and freezes randomly sysdata xml I have windows xp home edition-service pack computer Intel - please help!! pc reboots and freezes randomly Pentium CPU GHz I use internet explorer nvidia GeForce Ti w AGP x nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Howdy, need some expert advice I think. My AMD 1.4 GHz w/384mb ram, running XP pro was running fine (some time ago). It started freezing on me, so I unloaded any software I may have added. Later did a restore. Later reformatted my Maxtor 60 G. Then swithched to a new Maxtor 120 G. The ndvidia card is new. I tested the ram sticks one at a time. Now with a new hard drive I can't install XP or 98 for that matter.
The pc will run forever in the bios stage and even in dos but as soon as I try to load windows...it freezes or reboots. I thought it was the mobo at first but dang, it runs in dos and in bios. ??? Help

Stands

Relevancy 49.88%

Ok I ve read several threads about random freezes and reboots but none seem to describe the problems I m having About a week ago my PC started doing one of three things It would freezes/ Random reboots? help! Please either reboot the monitor would go dark either for seconds at a time or indefinitley Random freezes/ reboots? Please help! or the mouse and keyboard would freeze causing me to do a restart - very annoying so I thought I would do a clean install of XP reformat HD load all current drivers etc Now after doing all that more times I still have the problem I don t think it s a heat issue all fans working problem happens even after minutes swapped out ram with no luck reinserted video card monitor cable Also I haven t been doing any gaming and it happens alot opening outlook express or playing windows media player Sometimes happens on startup when webshots loads the desktop wallpaper only a portion of the image is displayed and mouse keyboard are frozen Could this be an aging video card or monitor I ve done virus spyware scans - all clean Any advise would be much appreciated thank you I realize it s not a beast but I don t put too many demands on it Windows XP Home Edition SP Western Digital GB rpm Internal EIDE DVD - Creative PC-DVD x Ovation model DVD xE x CD-RW--Pacific Digital x x x Motherboard-------- Epox EP- K A DDR-SDRAM slots PCI AGP MHz front side bus support Memory--------------- MB PC DDR-SDRAM AMD Athlon GHz Video Card - eVGA com e-GeForce MX MB SDRAM AGP Sound - Creative Sound Blaster PCI EAX model SB Monitor----- quot Magview nbsp

A:Random freezes/ reboots? Please help!

It seems that your vedio card is damaged. When the ASIC of the vedio card
loses function, this symptom may be occur. Just for reference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-freezes-reboots-please-help.331870/
Relevancy 49.88%

I having problems with the PC rebooting and sometimes freezing when I use video encoding applicatoins, CPU or memory intensive application and play games.

I also went into Control panel - system - startup & recovery settings and unchecked "automatically restart", the PC still reboots after that.
When I looked in Event Log, I found the following error messages

source: service control manager
The IMAPI CD-Burning COM service entered the stopped state

source: service control manager
The computer browser service entered the stopped state

Source: DCOM
unable to start and DCOM server
the system cannot find the file specified
happened while starting this command
"C\WINDOWS\system32\LVComsX.exe"-embedding

Has anyone been having similar problems, does anyone know what they mean?

Can some please tell me how can I fix this rebooting and freezing problem.

A:Computer reboots and sometimes freezes

My first knee jerk reaction is that you are having an overheating problem causing the computer to freeze or reboot. Open up the case and make sure you have good flow, no failing fans, etc...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-reboots-and-sometimes-freezes.18240/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a GIGABYTE GA- FXA-UD mother board with a phenom II x with GB PNY sticks of DDR ram all of which I just got from someone Also a NVIDIA GeForce connected to it at the moment for the graphics card and a watt power supply Two hard drives are connected to it TB and a GB I use just to run windows off of I have windows Ultimate edition installed The power supply graphics card and hard drives come from a computer that worked perfectly and so did the cables FYI so I doubt any of those are the issues Upon installing windows and Computer Freezes Reboots it froze and rebooted multiple times until during the instillation phase and first time set up boot When I finally got it to install I constantly got the same problem where the computer would restart or freeze when I was doing something Some times it would freeze reboot when I opened a program other times when I closed a program sometimes when I just moved the mouse It also restarts or freezes at boot sometimes when it gets to the window logo or Gigabyte splash screen I have tried Switching the power supply Memtest Installing windows on another hard drive It froze Computer Freezes and Reboots during install also disconnecting everything and plugging it back in multiple times Toying with the bios settings Updating the bios Updating drivers Booting it with either of the GB sticks alone I have not tried installing windows yet I intend to tommorow No idea how that would do anything but it seems like it is worth at try at this point I am kind of at the end of my rope Computer Freezes and Reboots I have been toying with this all day and really do not want to see go out the window Ideas anyone I have had issues from the word go and about to just assume the mother board is bad some how If anyone requires more information I will be more than happy to give it I am really hoping that the mother board is not bad though I think a few people would see a grown man cry like a baby if so Thanks for your time in advance

A:Computer Freezes and Reboots

Have you tried running in Safe Mode with Networking as a test? If it still crashes in Safe Mode, that would further point to hardware as the cause.Be careful where you surf to because your antivirus software won't work in that mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482036/computer-freezes-and-reboots/
Relevancy 49.88%

My computer has recently been rebooting unexpectantly I also have noticed that when I m on the internet sometimes the screen reboots freezes PC screen and freezes Ran a scan with my McAfee virus scanner and it found and deleted a trojan Can t tell PC reboots and screen freezes if it worked in getting rid of all the bad stuff or not it hasn t rebooted unexpectantly yet so that s good news Just wanted to make sure there was nothing else on there Here are my logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components Scheduler STService exe C Users EJS Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Users EJS Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts localhost O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Babylon toolbar helper - EECD - - a -B B - BF B - no file O - BHO PlayBryte BHO - e ef a- bc - ea- b f-f e f bd - mscoree dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MIF BA Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MIF BA Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Canon Easy-WebPrint EX - D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexhlp dll O - Toolbar no name - b d f - fa - e- - c d e - no file O - Toolbar no name - - D- dd- D -DC BE DBC - no file O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files x McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components Scheduler Launcher exe O - HKCU Run F lux quot C Users EJS Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe quot noshow O - HKCU Run OfficeSyncProcess quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun ... Read more

A:PC reboots and screen freezes

Bumping this up.
Windows still freeze from time to time, I keep getting pop-up flashes of my McAfee security warning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-reboots-and-screen-freezes.1085763/
Relevancy 49.88%

Im getting random freezes and reboots while in windows on my desktop and even while windows is starting up. I had the same problem while trying to get windows installed and when I finally got windows installed successfully I thought the problems would go away but apparently not. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:random freezes and reboots.

Quote: Originally Posted by llannert

Im getting random freezes and reboots while in windows on my desktop and even while windows is starting up. I had the same problem while trying to get windows installed and when I finally got windows installed successfully I thought the problems would go away but apparently not. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Event viewer (local) and look for errors listed in the last day, week, etc. Then go to the windows log>application tab. Finally the windows Logs>system tabs.

You want to look for all errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197637-random-freezes-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack multiple freezes and reboots bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping multiple freezes and reboots Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A XTD EVO Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Computer keeps randomly multiple freezes and reboots freezing and rebooting a lot I multiple freezes and reboots reinstalled windows and I m still having problems When it reboots windows says it recovered from an error and trys to fix the problem but the problem still occurs Happens a lot when streaming movies but also randomly where it freezes and the cursor doesn t move sometimes recovering after a few seconds and other times automatically rebooting Used different driver update software trying to make sure everything is up to date also windows updates are all good Could this problem be my video card or RAM maybe How to do I find out what s causing it so I can replace it nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

For the past four months I have been getting random freezes and reboots and have yet to see a BSOD something must be going on because my minidump folder is packed with files I downloaded WinDbg and the symbols around MB worth to try reading several of files but I still don t know what s wrong I know it s with the quot win k sys quot and quot ntoskrnl exe quot I ve googled several things and haven t recieved much information except RAM is likely an issue Here s my latest dump Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is C WINDOWS Symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x a Debug Random Freezes/Reboots session time Fri Apr GMT- System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck f f Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by ntoskrnl exe nt ObQueryNameString da Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Invalid system memory was referenced This cannot be protected by try-except it must be protected by a Probe Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory Arguments Arg f f memory referenced Arg value read operation write operation Arg If non-zero the Random Freezes/Reboots instruction address which referenced the bad memory address Arg reserved Debugging Details ------------------ Could not read faulting driver name Random Freezes/Reboots READ ADDRESS f f FAULTING IP nt ObQueryNameString da b mov esi dword ptr eax MM INTERNAL CODE CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME iexplore exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from to STACK TEXT b c c b c c nt Random Freezes/Reboots ObQueryNameString x da b c c e d nt ObInheritDeviceMap x b c d c e abb nt ObpIncrementHandleDataBase x c b c d f a c nt NtNotifyChangeMultipleKeys x c b c d c nt RtlInsertElementGenericTableFullAvl xd STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt ObQueryNameString da b mov esi dword ptr eax SYMBOL STACK INDEX FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntoskrnl exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e SYMBOL NAME nt ObQueryNameString da FAILURE BUCKET ID x nt ObQueryNameString da BUCKET ID x nt ObQueryNameString da Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt lm start end module name d eb nt M pdb symbols C WINDOWS Symbols exe ntoskrnl pdb All items that ended with quot deferred quot were taken out cause the post was too long Unloaded modules b d b b d kmixer sys b ab b ac drmkaud sys b ac b ad DMusic sys f a f f aad swmidi sys b d b d aec sys b ef b f splitter sys f c f cb processr sys f f Cdaudio SYS f f Sfloppy SYSClick to expand So can I fix this nbsp

A:Random Freezes/Reboots

What are your system specs? What browser are you trying to use? Have you tested your memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-freezes-reboots.75802/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello can someone please help me i have a strange problem where when i start my computer in normal mode the computer would completely freeze at any moment for example as windows loads during startup etc I really do not know why this is happening and this site is as close as i help! then Computer Reboots Freezes Please can get to any computer help so Please help! Computer Freezes then Reboots i m crossing my fingers and hoping someone can help At the moment my computer is in Safe Mode i have no problems as you can see i can browse the web and all the things Safe Mode with Networking would allow me to do Recently i have not downloaded any programs as well Please help! Computer Freezes then Reboots That i know of my Computer info is the following Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU Ghz CPUs Memory MB RAM as for the Please help! Computer Freezes then Reboots rest i am not sure what they are because apparently not visible in safe mode I know that my graphics card a Nividia Geforce series and it is updated Also this computer is a Windows XP Please please please someone help me fix this problem If any other information is required please let me know P S I use programs like quot NoAdware quot and quot Symantic anti virus quot and quot Ad-Aware SE Professional quot nbsp

A:Please help! Computer Freezes then Reboots

Have you updated and run these programs? What have they found?

I'd also suggest downloading Spybot Search & Destroy and HijackThis! Make sure to update each program and run them each separately. Make sure to have any other programs closed for best results.

You can let Spybot Search & Destroy and AdAware fix anything they find, but do NOT let HijackThis fix anything yet!! The results it lists are what's on your puter, and they're not always bad things. Save a log and when an Admin or Mod gets here, they'll let you know if they want to see it.

I'm guessing that your post will get moved into the Security section, so if you can't find it, look there. It does sound like something nasty got onto your puter.

Good luck and don't fret, there's a ton of great people here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-computer-freezes-then-reboots.740827/
Relevancy 49.88%

okay after turning computer on and a few minutes go by i hear a loud clicking sound then computer will freeze and then shut down and reboot its self over and over and wont read the ide hard drive then get a system32 error i tried everything i know so far so if you have any suggestion i would appreciate it very much

A:computer freezes and reboots

what are the specifications of the system??? is it overheating?? Which Windows are you running???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-and-reboots.22251/
Relevancy 49.88%

Alright I'm making my last ditch effort on this forum I've tried finding a solution to BSODs, reboots sometimes Various and freezes this on numerous other websites for the past months now and I failed I'm experiencing mostly BSODs sometimes freezes and random reboots on my PC ever since I built it months ago These errors seem to occur randomly I've experienced crashes while on full load but also during idle I think that Various BSODs, sometimes freezes and reboots I could narrow it down to a hardware problem as I have reinstalled Windows four times and Windows twice so far without fixing the problems but I'm not sure I have also gone through following troubleshooting steps Replaced the power supply Tested all drives with Crystaldiskinfo and HD Tune Tested both RAM sticks separately and together with memtest Stress tested the CPU and used Intel's Processor Diagnostic tool Temporarily used another GPU Reformatted all drives before reinstalling Windows All of these tests yielded no info on any possible hardware failure As I bought almost all of my parts at different places I'm trying to find out what could be causing these errors so I can RMA it My system specs Windows Educational x full retail Current age of OS installation weeks MSI Z A GAMING PRO CARBON BIOS version most recent Intel i k GHz not overclocked x GB G Skill Ripjaws V DDR RAM EVGA GTX SSC ACX not overclocked Adata SSD SP GB boot drive WD Green TB RPM Seagate TB RPM storage drives TP-Link TL-WDN N Seasonic Platinum Series W As mentioned this PC is months old and all its components were bought brand new I have attached the SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip I wasn't able to get a PERFMON output as it got stuck on Collecting data for seconds for about minutes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625269/various-bsods-sometimes-freezes-and-reboots/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey My PC randomly started freezing and rebooting only when doing anything more intensive That is to say it doesn't freeze is just browsing the net but once I try to watch a video or something like that it does The last two times it happened the errors I found were The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x d x c x x cd A PC Freezes Reboots and [SOLVED] dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x b x c x x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp I am thinking it's to do with my RAM Please help I am desperate to get this sorted I have ordered a new RAM stick and if it is the RAM then I can send the faulty one back due to warranty If not I will just return the new one

A:[SOLVED] PC Freezes and Reboots

Hello and welcome to our forum. This looks to me to be a hardware issue, however there are many causes of these crashes so software is not out of the question. I need some info so I can better assist you in resolving this issue.

Please tell me about your computer. How old, specs, make and model, ect
What hardware and/or software changes have you made recently?
What operating system are you using. XP Home or Pro and what Service pack? SP1, 2, or 3.
Do you own an installation disk for this operating system.
Do you have access to another computer with an internet connection?
What video were you watching that made it crash?
What is your level of experience? Beginer, intermediate, Expert, or don't know squat?

Once you have answered those questions for me I would like you to check your event viewer by performing the following steps and report back what it shows.
Use XP's Event Viewer to see if it has some entries related to your probem ---perhaps by date & time.
Start button/ Run / type
eventvwr.msc<enter> --
or Go to Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools >Event Viewer.
Review the sections and look for Errors or Warnings that match the time the event occurred.
Double click the line that is at issue---the information may give a clue.

The next thing I would like you to do if possible is the following:

To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
verifier.
Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
the blue screen will hopefully say something like
"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ).

I will continue to monitor this thread. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-pc-freezes-and-reboots-512277.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hi my computer started to run abnormally lately it Crashes reboots and freezes and im still Crashes,reboots freezes and !! unable to pinpoint the cause So i desperately formatted the HDD and i fresh-installed a new copy of WinXP here comes da boom Crashes,reboots and freezes !! when the computer again started to experience the same faults prior to formatting i did Crashes,reboots and freezes !! many things like unpluging harwares keyboards sound card etc and uninstalling the latest software i installed thinking that one of these software and hardware might ve been the cause but unfortunately none of this worked i dont know where to start or what to do so please help me fixing my problem HIJACKTHIS log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDSched exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard Crashes,reboots and freezes !! type exe C Program Files Startup Faster sfAgent exe C Program Files Babylon Babylon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Program Files Proxy Labs ProxyCap ProxyCap exe C Program Files ONSPEED onspeed exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Winamp Winamp exe C Documents and Settings Thamer Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PBlockHelper Class - B- FF- DD - -F BEDE EB - C Program Files ONSPEED PBHelper dll O - BHO TGTSoft Explorer Toolbar Changer - C CF - F- - AC-E D C C - C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP TGT BHO dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FLASHGET fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run StartupFaster quot C Program Files Startup Faster StrpFstCfg exe quot -run SFAURUN SFCURUN SFAUSTARTUP SFCUSTARTUP O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Show All Original Images - res C Program Files ONSPEED onspeed exe O - Extra context menu item Show Original Image - res C Program Files ONSPEED onspeed exe O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FLASHGET flashget exe O - Extra Tools menuitem amp FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FLASHGET flashget exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider w pxdrv dll missing O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DCF A - FA - B - D - AF E C F NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip DCF A - FA - B - D - AF E C F NameServer... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

I recently built a new computer, here are the specs

Asus EN6800GT
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Mobo
AMD 3700+
Corsair XMS 3200c2 2G (1Gx2)
ThermalTake 480W power supply

So anyway, my games are all freezing and my computer will either reboot on it's own or I will be forced to reboot it, and in 3DMark05 it will freeze and reboot during the second test.

I've updated the drivers to most recent, I've monitered my heat (not overheating), I've turned off FastWrites, I've checked my memory with memtest for 10 hours.

I think it's the Graphics card, and I don't know what to try now. I'm almost inclined to think it's defective and return it for another card.

Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

A:6800GT Freezes and reboots

Hey Volksjaeger ,

Do you have an on-board graphics card and then you just recently added one? Just wondering. You can test the graphics card by just pulling it out. You can literally see if the computer shuts off even without a graphics card (i.e. a monitor). So if it does shut off and you have pulled the graphics card, then it must be something else.

-- Helpr

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6800gt-freezes-and-reboots.373782/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been experiencing random reeboots and freezes over the last couple of months. I've attempted to uninstall various programs (Avast for example), update my GPU driver, remove useless junk from startup and done chkdsk, defrag and complete security scans with different programs with no luck so far. My gut feeling tells me its memory related but looking at the logs it might have something to do with my GPU... anyway I am no expert at debugging this sort of thing so some input from experienced people would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Random reboots and freezes

You have some older BSOD crash dumps of mid June. Those are indicating to a failing PCIe slot/device .... particularly the slot where the GPU is connected.

Your motherboard Asrock X58 Extreme has .....
- 3 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (blue @ x16 mode, orange @ x4 mode) (Double-wide slot spacing between each PCI-E slot)
- 2 x PCI Express x1 slots
- 2 x PCI slots
- Supports ATI™ CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™ and Quad CrossFireX™
- Supports NVIDIA? SLI™ and Quad SLI™
So apply the GPU in another slot and see how things are going.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, PCI Express Error
Arg2: fffffa800585b038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Code:
===============================================================================
Section 0 : PCI Express
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800585b0b8
Section @ fffffa800585b148
Offset : 272
Length : 208
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Recoverable

Port Type : Root Port
Version : 1.1
Command/Status: 0x4010/0x0507
Device Id :
VenId:DevId : 8086:340a ==> 5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 3 (**)
Class code : 030400
Function No : 0x00
Device No : 0x03
Segment : 0x0000
Primary Bus : 0x00
Second. Bus : 0x00
Slot : 0x0000
Dev. Serial # : 0000000000000000
Express Capability Information @ fffffa800585b17c
Device Caps : 00008021 Role-Based Error Reporting: 1
Device Ctl : 0107 ur FE NF CE
Dev Status : 0003 ur fe NF CE
Root Ctl : 0008 fs nfs cs

AER Information @ fffffa800585b1b8
Uncorrectable Error Status : 00004020 ur ecrc mtlp rof uc ca CTO fcp ptlp SD dlp und
Uncorrectable Error Mask : 00000000 ur ecrc mtlp rof uc ca cto fcp ptlp sd dlp und
Uncorrectable Error Severity : 00062010 ur ecrc MTLP ROF uc ca cto FCP ptlp sd DLP und
Correctable Error Status : 00001100 adv RTTO RNRO dllp tlp re
Correctable Error Mask : 00000000 adv rtto rnro dllp tlp re
Caps & Control : 00000005 ecrcchken ecrcchkcap ecrcgenen ecrcgencap FEP
Header Log : 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Root Error Command : 00000000 fen nfen cen
Root Error Status : 00000000 MSG# 00 fer nfer fuf mur ur mcr cer
Correctable Error Source ID : 00,00,00
Correctable Error Source ID : 00,00,00

Code:
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF (**)Intel(R) 7500/5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 3 - 340A - 340a

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306985-random-reboots-freezes.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Helo, I'm having little troubles with my MSI u270 netbook model MS-1245. It's brand new, i boght it 2 weeks ago. As i wrote in title it freezes, reboots and i'm getting some BSODs too. It had 6gb of RAM but after testing it with CheckIt Diagnostics it looked like 4gb piece is damaged so i removed it. Now i installed win 7 x86 but situation is still almost the same (maybe BSODs are not so often). I hope you can help me with it couse it really makes me crazy.
My configuration:
AMD e-450 with Radeon hd 6320
Version of motherboard (from Speecy) E1245AMS.10J
About power supply i don't now, but i'm in dormitory in Portugal and nobody else is having probles so guess it is ok.
In attachments you can find reports and dmp files.

A:Various BSOD + freezes + reboots

noone can help me? Or maybe i posted something in a wrong way?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/various-bsod-freezes-reboots-600956.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey My PC randomly started freezing and rebooting only when doing anything more intensive That is to say it doesn't freeze is just browsing PC Randomly Reboots Freezes and the net but once I try to watch a video or something like PC Freezes and Reboots Randomly that it does I saw a BSOD before but I do not know how to find out the specific issue from that BSOD Bits to help How old specs make and model ect Self built around February ASUS M A LT-M LE AMD G Socket AM DVI VGA Out CHannel Audio MATX Motherboard AMD Athlon II X Socket AM GHz MB L Cache Retail Box Processor Crucial GB DDR MHz PC - Memory CL V Seagate ST AS GB Hard Drive SATAII rpm MB Cache - OEM LG GH NP x DVD RW DL amp RAM IDE Optical Drive OS XP Pro SP Do you own an installation disk for this operating system Yes Do you have access to another computer with an internet connection Yes Level of experience Beginner Please help I am desperate to get this sorted

A:PC Freezes and Reboots Randomly

Attached the minidump of the last reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezes-and-reboots-randomly-567518.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys I'm here with a massive 64bit BSOD/Freezes/Reboots 7 Win mind-boggling annoying Win bit problem that - to be honest - I'm at the end of my tether with I purchased a Dell Studio Win 7 64bit BSOD/Freezes/Reboots XPS yeah I should know better a few months Win 7 64bit BSOD/Freezes/Reboots back and from day one I've been getting BSOD random reboots almost constantly with it Sometimes it'll do it as I'm logging on the machine or even during a boot-up just resetting itself and starting again It happens randomly from working with large files in Photoshop browsing the net to the machine idling with no programs open in use and nobody using it and it will just die freeze reboot itself Dell being the nice chaps they are didn't want to know at first but after much shouting sent an engineer out and he couldn't find anything wrong with it They basically ended up replacing x HDD's linked together as HDD CPU motherboard fans power supply but not the gb of ram strangely As he put in the new motherboard it became apparent that one of the slots was broken on it so another one would need to be sent out He said it would work but with only gb in it So I said fine That night amp weekend the machine never once fell over When he came back with the new board and with the full gb back in and was out the door it froze rebooted again How I didn't throw it out of the window I don't know Seeing as the ram wasn't replaced I asked Dell yeah I covered myself by getting written permission If I could take one of the sticks out to see if it would behave on gb like it did the previous weekend Once I'd done that it worked fine and left it at that glad that I could finally get some work done Fast forward to this past week and its returned to its old ways of BSOD freezing rebooting almost - times a day randomly with the gb in Before I start shouting at Dell again and demanding new ram I've been reading this forum and thought I'd try and see if anyone can help out A few notes from reading other posts here I'm a noob when it comes to computers and stuff like this hence I'm in this mess I run MSE no other virus scanners etc the machine originally came with one but the engineer never replaced it during the reinstall of Win I've checked the Device Manger for yellow triangles none and tried updating all the drivers through it but they all come back as 'Latest driver installed' I ended turning Windows Update off as during before it was updated by the Dell engineer WinUpdate was set to download install things by itself but this only seemed to accelerate the number of times it would fall over Once the reinstall was done I switched all updates off and it hasn't updated since I know the patches are useful but it just seem to make the machine worse not better Specs System Manufacturer Model Number Dell Studio XPS OS Windows Professional bit CPU Intel Core i GHz Motherboard Dell Inc T R CPU Memory GB GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Sound Card Realtek High Definition Audio Monitor s Displays DELL E WFP x Screen Resolution x Keyboard Standard Dell unit Mouse Standard Dell unit Hard Drives GB Volume SCSI - x TB HDD's Hopefully there is an answer somewhere that doesn't involve wrestling with Dell for weeks on end to get some new bits or worse the machine sent back whilst I twiddle my thumbs unable to do any work borrow a spare machine Sorry for the long post too - thought best to try explaining everything upfront to save time going backwards forwards on things Thanks in advance Daz

A:Win 7 64bit BSOD/Freezes/Reboots

Only one memory dump present in the upload - it's from today (13 Oct).
Please follow the directions here to check and see if the system is set for minidumps:Set MiniDump

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (in this case, to double check the previous work). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)

Here's a link to a brief description of the error message: BSOD Index
As this points at a driver, let's run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:

Code:
Delete these registry keys (works in XP, Vista, Win7):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel
More info on this at this link: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Wed Oct 13 08:17:08.056 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:36.664
BugCheck DE, {2, fffff8a000f0e390, fffff8a000f0e3c1, 14d3588c0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM:... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117686-win-7-64bit-bsod-freezes-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I m having trouble diagnosing a problem Im using a d program on XP I was experiencing hangups and crashes and when rendering a frame sequence the computer would crash to desktop or sometimes reboot itself or sometimes just say completed when it wasnt done all the frames IF any ones knows about d rendering then you will know that each frame is rendered seperately to make a sequence of completed frames with the color texture and lighting baked into a single image frame I have a feeling it is hardware but it may also be Unexpected reboots hanging, freezes, software or a combination of both I think it may be hardware because even in WoRD i was having weird things happen like when i went to paste and copy an image to make labels it was pasting the copied image into the cell but it was appearing as a white box only but if I saved and restarted the program it would then show the correct image file in full Unexpected hanging, freezes, reboots color As soon as I tried to copy and paste the image again it would do a couple correctly but then it would paste these white blank boxes and I would have to restart the program to see them correctly Unexpected hanging, freezes, reboots weird i know I have reinstalled the OS to win and that seemed to fixed the hangups and freezes so far when working in the D program But when rendering it rebooted once so far before it was done the sequence I have turned off the system failure option to reboot when there is a system failure and so far when testing it doesn reboot itself but it will say my render is completed before it gets alll of the frames done I have no other programs on my computer now except my D program so it cant be any complications with any other software IT is weird One time i did memtest on it and test it showed some errors but when i did it again it didnt show any errors I even let memtest run all night once and it didnt detect any errors Im not sure if its my RAM or possibly power surges that are stoppping my renders from finishing but I am using an AMD bit system with a gig of RAM meg video card so it should easliy render out the d graphics that im trying to do There is a lot of frames to do but I tested this render out on a slower machine and it rendered all of them fine just a bit slower This other machine has windows and is plugged in to a seperate wall outlet BUt how can I be sure my AMD has bad ram or not or What voltage of pwer suppy does AMD need Im confused if this problem is hardware or software now I have amemory dump file but Iam still trying to download the write tools to read it Does anyone know if there is an easy way or program out there to read these dmp files I t may just hold the answer to this problem before I go out and buy new RAM or a power supply surge protection box any advice means alot and is well appreciated Yanman nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexpected-hanging-freezes-reboots.460535/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

Any advice would be appreciated!

I've recently built a new computer and for the first two weeks it has been working fine. However, this morning I pressed the power button and the computer booted, but after a few 'boot up noises' the computer rebooted but, once again, with no signal sent to the monitor so I could see no bios info.

This is a bit short-on for information, so please ask me any details that would be of use to you in order to give me advice.

Thanks!

Gigabtyte GA-8I915P-D Pro
Intel pentium 4 3.2 Ghz LGA775
2 X 512mb RAM
430W PSU
Albatron 6600GT graphics card

A:Computer boots, reboots, and freezes

1 day bump...

I'll add some more information, if that helps.

After the second boot, all the fans on the mother board case etc are running including the fan on the graphics card.

My concern is with the graphics card or the PSU. When the computer was booting up correctly in its first two weeks of existence, I'd often get a message from the graphics card program telling me that the card was not receiving enough power and that it would be set to a lower performamce level. If I had to reboot during a session on the computer I'd find that this message would not reappear.

I hope this helps...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-boots-reboots-and-freezes.21726/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Two days ago my laptop froze while trying to shut down Spotify and navigate web on Mozilla Firefox at the same time Forced a restart only for the system to freeze after loading the desktop Each time I reach the desktop it either loads very slowly and freezes becomes unresponsive while loading taskbar icons or loads very slowly freezes and then reboots On one occasion a message displayed 'Windows has encountered a critical error and will shut down in minute ' During a restart the CHkdsk funtion ran automatically it made no difference to performance the next time - Seems to work fine in Safe mode however it froze when using Safe mode with Networking and start-up desktop Win 7 reboots freezes on after - Scanned in Safe Mode using Malwarebytes anti-malware free Superantispyware amp Avast No viruses reported -Turned off all programs which were running on startup other than Toshiba programs adobe avast intel amp hardware programs audio etc - Ran System maintenance in safe mode no problems reported Win 7 freezes and reboots on desktop after start-up - Ran performance issue checker in safe mode which reported multiple programs running at start-up and Superfetch not being turned on However was able to run checks again in normal mode and Superfetch was on That is all I can Win 7 freezes and reboots on desktop after start-up think to report hope it made some sense Apologies if posted in wrong place Thanks for any help or ideas Windows Home Premum SP Intel Core i M Ghz bit gb RAM Toshiba Satellite L Approx years old OS has never changed Intel HD Graphics

A:Win 7 freezes and reboots on desktop after start-up

First, do you have your recovery discs that you were asked to build when you first turned on the system after purchase?How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals

Creating system recovery media using the Toshiba Recovery Media Creator utility

Self Service

How to restore your Toshiba laptop to its factory fresh software condition using system recovery

Order Recovery Media
In Safe Mode, run a system file check to check Windows for corruption: Click Start Menu
Click All Programs
Click Accessories
Right click Command Prompt
Click Run as administrator
Type
Code:
sfc /scannow
and press Enter
Once it is complete, make note of the message. If it says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and post back
If the message does not say Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and do steps 1-6 again.
You may need to do steps 1-6 up to three times with a restart in between each run to resolve all corrupted files.
If you still have corrupted files after a fourth run, post back here with the following:Click Start Menu
Click Computer
Open your C: drive
Open Windows
Open Logs
Open CBS
Copy and paste CBS.log or CBS (it may not have the log extension) to a location you will remember.
Compress (zip) the CBS file and attach the .zip file to your next post.

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/win-7-freezes-and-reboots-on-desktop-after-start-up-688166.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings I have a computer here at work that constantly freezes or reboots on it s own OS is Win MB RAM Pentium ancient POS NO ANTI VIRUS thanks boss One of my co-workers went on the internet to a car forum and I believe came across a virus in one of the advertisements on the page He claimed that he always goes on that site at home without any problems However there is a problem with the PC at work I installed ComboFix and Spybot S amp D constantly Work reboots/freezes PC Every time I run the program the progress bar will run but the actual program will not run The OS is too old for Malwarebytes Work PC constantly reboots/freezes I managed to run a HijackThis log and was wondering if anyone is able to figure out what was installed or what is causing the constant reboots lock ups Here is the log created today Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PROMON EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C UPS UOWS MESSAGES WSDMESSAGING EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD AIO HP OFFICEJET D SERIES BIN HPOOJD EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD AIO HP OFFICEJET D SERIES BIN HPOOJD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD AIO SHARED BIN HPOEVM EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD AIO SHARED BIN HPOSTS EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD AIO SHARED BIN HPOFXM EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD AIO SHARED BIN HPOSTS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES TREND MICRO HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPOIPM EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www infospace com info cablev toolbar dog forms search htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www infospace com info cablev toolbar dog forms search htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar Optimum Online Toolbar - B C - EDE- d -AD C- A AF - C PROGRAM FILES OPTIMUMONLINE INSPTBAR DLL O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YT DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run mdac runonce C WINDOWS SYSTEM runonce exe O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS SYSTEM hpztsb exe O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices KB C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE O - DEFAULT Startup UPS WorldShip PLD Reminder Utility lnk C UPS UOWS PldReminder exe User Default user O - DEFAULT Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE User Default user O - DEFAULT Startup UPS WorldShip Messaging Utility lnk C UPS UOWS Messages WSDMessaging exe User Default user O - DEFAULT Startup HPAiODevice hp officejet d series - lnk C Program Files Hewlett-Pack... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Please move this thread if it's in the wrong section sorry Anyways every time after school I turn on my computer and grab something it eat Between minutes and minutes of it being started up my computer freezes or reboots or BSoDs This has been happening for the past few weeks already of the time my computer either Freezes twice or Freezes then BSoDs - minutes after turned on Today my computer Froze a Freezes, day. My or either once BSoDs Reboots, Computer Froze again then BSoD Description of the freezes bsod reboots Freezes Everything completely freezes When playing music the music would stop Mouse stops working nothing works I can hold my turn off button on the pc box and it would turn off Reboots Without warning my PC would completely shut down and start back up Screen turns black then would turn on normally BSoDs Instant BSoD then quickly reboots Sometimes the message is half the screen long sometimes it's full Hardware problem Software problem Virus If My Computer either Freezes, Reboots, or BSoDs once a day. you need anymore information please let me know thanks

A:My Computer either Freezes, Reboots, or BSoDs once a day.

Work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282102-my-computer-either-freezes-reboots-bsods-once-day.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Desktop has started freezing once or twice a day.  If using speakers, whatever I am listening to becomes a buzz.  No consistency as to which programmes are running.  Usually reboots itself however sometime I have to hold the power button down.  When it reboots Kapersky and Google Chrome recognise the unusual shut down and able to send status report to Kapersky

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H530S-Desktop-Freezes-then-reboots/td-p/3463817
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I hope someone can help me I've just come back from weeks holiday first thing I did was switch on my pc It booted up fine then a message came up saying my version of Ad Aware was out of date and I should download the new version but before I could do anything my pc switched itself off There was still power going to the tower but nothing on the screen I rebooted and everthing was fine for a few minutes but then it all just froze reboots BSOD, itself freezes, Screen I rebooted again and after starting up fine got a blue Screen freezes, BSOD, reboots itself screen saying 'No more ORP stack locations' I rebooted again and uninstalled Ad Aware as I read that can cause clashes and everything worked fine for a few hours then it switched itself off again then I got another blue screen saying X E XC D OX C OXB C C X I rebooted and it worked fine for a couple more hours but now it just keeps switching itself off even in safe mode Does anyone know what's wrong with it and how to fix it Running Vista Home Premium Service pack I think PC is a Packard Bell Intel Quadcore ghz not sure of the model got it from PC World

A:Screen freezes, BSOD, reboots itself

If possible

> We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

> To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the contents of that folder
* Please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
> To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-freezes-bsod-reboots-itself-652446.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi ive had this problem for months and its giving me soo much headache It started with random freezes like one time per week now it can happen even times a day sometimes it freezes auto-reboots or screen fills with colors and then crashes Ive tried pretty much everything i came up with I ran memtest found no errors but i still BSOD, freezes, auto-reboots... bought new ram didnt BSOD, freezes, auto-reboots... help Also bought new hdd and installed windows on it didnt help so it cant be the drivers Ive tried removing all the video card drivers BSOD, freezes, auto-reboots... and using the integrated thing on the motherboard didnt help Also it seems that with only ram stick it works better might not be true though Usually when it doesnt crash in the first mins of playing or any stuff i do its not going to crash until i start doing something else Ive also sent back the motherboard to the manufacter and they said theres nothing wrong with it What should i try next OS - Vista Windows Win x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system None Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Age of system hardware months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS months re-installed on a new hdd didnt help CPU Amd phenom x t Video Card ATI Radeon MotherBoard Asrock GX Extreme Power supply Cougar w minidump zip some of the might point to deamontools removing it didnt help so i reinstalled

A:BSOD, freezes, auto-reboots...

Is this you/ your system? Random BSODs

Remove Daemon Tools - http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#sptd.sys

Unknown hardware failure is the likely cause.

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\060811-17487-01.dmp]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_fffff800`02f8132e
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_fffff800`02f8132e
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Wed Jun 8 08:30:42.981 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 11:24:41.277
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_fffff800`02f8132e
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_fffff800`02f8132e
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xC1_23
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
Bugcheck code 000000C1
Arguments fffff980`1d63cf70 fffff980`1d63c68c 00000000`00b34090 00000000`00000023
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\060711-17518-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Tue Jun 7 11:45:08.951 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:47.871
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cdd.dll
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments ffffdaa0`12c502a4 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0706ae51 00000000`00000007
BiosVersion = P2.50
BiosReleaseDate = 10/06/2010
SystemManufacturer = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
SystemProductName = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\060711-18564-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Mon Jun 6 23:02:16.992 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 1 days 4:59:46.287
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5003
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments 00000000`00005003 fffff780`00001000 00000000`000010c7 fffff880`0e2d3005
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\060611-18236-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Sun Jun 5 17:38:00.536 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:17.832
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for volsnap.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+48114a )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_VRF_atikmdag+48114a
Bugcheck code 1000007E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff880`078bc14a fffff880`041f99e8 fffff880`041f9240
BiosVersion = P2.50
BiosReleaseDate = 10/06/2010
SystemManufacturer = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
SystemProductName = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\060611-17362-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Sun Jun 5 17:19:42.747 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:59:36.043
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Prob... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-freezes-auto-reboots-579345.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been having frequent freezes no Freezes/Reboots, but Constant BSoD... from start-up to about - minutes afterward On a rare occasion I can avoid a crash for over minutes but a crash is Constant Freezes/Reboots, but no BSoD... inevitable Constant Freezes/Reboots, but no BSoD... I haven't been fortunate enough to get a BSOD and my minidump file is over days old don't remember seeing any BSoD then either Must have been really quick but I could zip it up if you think it may still be helpful This is a brand new build details listed on my control panel with Windows Home Premium clean installed and fully updated Any ideas on how to get some debugging info or ideas on what may be causing problems will be extremely appreciated Thanks Edit - Thanks for responding CarlTR I had decided to uninstall my Norton IS for a bit and also removed my Radeon using HD onboard now With some success Though it could easily be coincidence I managed to have hrs of UpTime before the same old freeze happened At least this time it restarted with only one false start and quot Startup Repair quot run The only critical msg I'm getting in Event Viewer is quot EVENTID task Kernel-Power quot which I've attached a txt copy of This event has happened a BUNCH of times and seems to be about right to coincide with my freezes Tried the automated help for it and got nothing but an automated shrug Thanks again for any help

A:Constant Freezes/Reboots, but no BSoD...

Do you have Action Center in your Home Premium edition? If so, have you looked at maintenance for any messages? Have you checked Event Viewer for any errors?

I had the same symptoms and the above pointed to a graphics problem. However Device Manager showed the graphics card was functioning properly. It did turn out to be the graphics card.

A bad power supply can also cause these symptoms. I am interested to see what you find out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/64019-constant-freezes-reboots-but-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey everyone I was wondering if I could get some help or suggestions for my computer Normally I just search online and follow previous suggestions for fixes but this one has me stumped About a month ago my computer started freezing randomly When it freezes the screen stays at whatever I was doing the mouse won't move and no buttons will work I have to do a hard restart If it's been powered off for a bit such as overnight it will take multiple tries to boot into Windows The first - times I reboot my monitor stays black After Reboots Random Freezes, Multiple another hard reboot it may start to load but freeze in the startup The next Random Freezes, Multiple Reboots or tries gets Random Freezes, Multiple Reboots a little further until it freezes again right before I login Finally it will load up Windows after multiple hard starts If the computer is running for a while it seems to load up to Windows on the first try However I still get the freeze issue It seems to freeze at random times and not when doing anything to tax the CPU such as browsing the internet I have noticed I can immediately make it freeze by loading Minecraft multiplayer I completely reinstalled Windows to see if that would help No luck My computer is an HP Pavillion with and AMD X Dual Core processor Power supply is not standard and I installed that a few years ago Video Card is an ATI Radeon HD I've tried running AVG and Malwarebytes both in standard and Safe Mode I thought my power supply was the problem and tested the voltages at each PIN with a multimeter and they were all within range I tried taking one RAM card out at a time and it still freezes I've tried GPU-Z CPU-Z HWMonitor and prime Everything seems to test out just fine Does anyone have suggestions on the next thing to try Thanks and I appreciate anyone that take the time to help

A:Random Freezes, Multiple Reboots

Testing the PSU with a multimeter will only show you if the PSU is bad. Even if all is in range, that does not mean the PSU is good, it just means that it is not obviously bad.

That said: PSU replacements in HPs should be done through HP or with the guidance of an HP technician. I have seen (through helping in the forums) PSU replacements in HPs cause over-supply issues where the system receives more power than it can handle resulting in hardware faults and/or hardware damage. Ordinarily, that is not something that should happen with a system since the system should delegate only what it needs from a PSU, but HPs seem finicky with what PSUs they accept. I would advise contacting HP for further assistance. I realize that will cost money and is probably not good news for you, but that is my advice.

Quote:

NOTE:I do not have firsthand experience with the HP/PSU issue. This was something I picked up from helping a user through the forums. It may be considered hearsay, and you should trust but verify my advice. Other hardware experts on here may be able to give better/more accurate advice, as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freezes-multiple-reboots-674505.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi For the last days PC 2 apart daily almost freezes itself reboots and or months or not sure exactly how many I have had my PC freezing and rebooting itself at random times regardless of what I was doing sometimes it even froze while it was idle Anyway I didn t mind just letting it restart on its own or me restarting it when it freezes but PC freezes and reboots itself almost daily or 2 days apart lately the issue has become a bit more serious when it wouldn t even log in to Windows anymore Sometimes I would just restart the PC and then it would get stuck on PC freezes and reboots itself almost daily or 2 days apart the loading Windows screen that dark screen with the WindowsXP logo and loading bar if you know what I mean What s more over the last couple of weeks I have been always asked to click on my user account icon before I could log in to Windows While this is not something to whine about it surely is something misplaced since I have never set anything to ask me for logging in by clicking on my user account icon There definitely must be an application or something that changed the settings or something in the configuration of my OS And speaking of applications there is a file called winappp exe that I have googled for some info and it seems like a spyware or something that bothers lots of folks but that no one knows how to get rid of I use AVG as antivirus and my antivirus won t even detect it I can see this winappp exe file clearly in the quot Documents and Settings gt John gt Application Data quot folder and I could easily remove it but I don t know if this is recommended or of any use The file may be installed carrying with it other files too and by just removing it the problem may just not go away This winapp exe file is also generating an error whenever I log into Windows but the error doesn t seem something dangerous since all I have to do for it to go away is to click quot ok quot on the error message pop-up Anyway that would be all for now If anything at least please let me know how to stop Windows playing tricks on me if not fixing all of the other issues user account icon clicking when trying to log into Windows or removing the winappp exe file as well I am very scared at the thought of powering the PC one morning and not being able to log into Windows anymore thus losing everything I have and having to go through re-installing Windows again and of all the other dozens of programs I have and use Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Unit locks up and reboots even when trying a boot CD. Going to need an RMA number I believe still under warranty

A:Unit freezes and self reboots even with a boot CD. Need an ...

Hobbs50 Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers. HP maintains no official presence here and we are not authorized to deal with warranty or product return issues.For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support directly.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836---------------------------------------However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekends, so you might have to wait until Monday to contact them.---------------------------------------Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Unit-freezes-and-self-reboots-even-with-a-boot-CD-Need-an/td-p/5806989
Relevancy 49.45%

The unit freezes then self reboots. Even after Windows 10 64-bit OS reinstall. The problem persists. Windows error, " unhandled error code 0." Now even with a windows 10 boot CD the unit freezes.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unit-freezes-and-self-reboots-even-with-a-boot-CD-Need-an/td-p/5806973
Relevancy 49.45%

Got win k w sp on a soyo ultra platinum mobo maxtor gig HD AMD mhz processor running mhz fsb Freezes BSOD Reboots Random and and Well gang I got the whole shootin match I get BSOD errors when booting up such as BSOD and Random Freezes and Reboots X pagefault in non page area reset reboot and I get X ntfs file system DUH Any number of these type of errors can appear these were just the latest offerings When I reset reboot after initial BSOD abuse it will actually let me in and I can buzz around a bit and then I will either get another BSOD or the box will simply reboot on its own This can happen after minute or twenty I have run Spybot Adaware McAfee virus cleaned some baddies I have reloaded OS No improvement I pulled the HD from the bad machine and put it in the machine I am typing this on as the slave Re ran the McAfee clean when I launched the Spybot and it began to run then gave me the NTFS BSOD Current machine then began to poke along like other machine great now machines hosed Luckly I launched from F quot Last known good configuration quot and so far it s running OK Took problem HD out of quot good quot machine It is sitting next to me awating your expertise By the way I am OK with clearing this c drive and starting over though I would like to keep the d e and f partitions I ve got on it Thanks folks nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys here is my problem During the past days I have had problems with my computer freezing or rebooting on its own Sometimes I can use the computer for a couple hours without any problems or minutes after I turn the Randomly Freezes/Reboots Computer computer on it will freeze I think its hardware related I ran hijackthis and posted the log in the virus forum and they said it was clean They guys over in the operating system forum said it is hardware related because my computer would freeze reboot while I ran memtest or windows memory tester They said my problem could me memory related an overheating issue or a Computer Freezes/Reboots Randomly power supply issue I was able to run memtest succesfully earlier today No errors came up and I let it run passes that took hour and min Do you guys have any idea what my problem might be I should mention the cpu fan heatsink is clean Computer Freezes/Reboots Randomly no dust at all nbsp

A:Computer Freezes/Reboots Randomly

You need to monitor temps aand fan speeds...in Windows try this:
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1871-sensorsview.html
Also could be psu...tell us hardware onboard and psu wattage and brand. Age also.(not yours, the pc)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-reboots-randomly.468181/
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently upgraded my HD and reinstalled the software, starting with win2k and sp3. I am experiencing frequent reboots and freezes which I certainly did not have before w2k was easily the most stable version.
I have tested the memory by removing one stick etc and discounted this problem. I tested the HD with Maxtor on-line test and it showed no problem.
Could it somehow be the SP3? Could it conflict with Norton system 2002?

A:[SOLVED] win2k sp3 and freezes& reboots

Could it conflict with Norton system 2002?Click to expand...

You could try disabling it to see...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win2k-sp3-and-freezes-reboots.99231/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello people of Tech Support Forum this is my first post so I hope you can help me Here's the scenario About two months ago and out Reboots up) Freezes Random give and (I of the blue my computer started to freeze entirely rebooting only Random Freezes and Reboots (I give up) way out or reboot at random Sometimes while I'm using it and sometimes while I'm not using it Sometimes I can watch entire moves or play games without a freeze Random Freezes and Reboots (I give up) and sometimes it freezes several times in a single hour Here's a bunch of things I tried without any luck -Installing temperature monitor to see if something was overheating nothing was - Repair installing Windows XP SP - Fresh installing Windows XP SP Different cd than previous one - Formatting GB IDE Hard Drive - Replacing GB Hard Drive with brand new GB SATA Hard Drive - Updating every single driver available haven't flashed bios though - Did the MEMTEST that comes with the Ubuntu CD - Booting Up with only CPU RAM Video Card NIC Card Floppy Mouse and Keyboard connected - Clearing BIOS CMOS memory Now because all of the above I would suspect is a hardware issue but the weird thing is the freezes only happen on windows On ubuntu the computer works just fine Also it never freezes during windows installations Once I replaced the GB HD with a really old GB Hard drive and in about a week it only freezed just once That's why I thought the problem might be the hard drive so I bought a new one but the problem persist One thing that DID happen but it was over a year ago is that I used the computer with a faulty CPU cooler for about a week one of the vanes was missing and I also used the CPU without a cooler for one day I know I know but I was using a temperature monitor tool and it never over heated but this was a long time ago and the computer worked fine for another or months I'm really out of ideas of what might the problem be Hope somebody can help me or gime any idea Thanks in advance My computer it's about years old btw Pentium IV GHz DDR RAM ASUS P VDC-X Motherboard GeForce FX Video Card VIA Fast Ethernet Nic Adapter GB SATA Western Digital Hard Drive Floppy Disk LG DVD - RW Unit USB Mouse PS- Keyboard W Power Supply SO Windows XP SP and Ubuntu

A:Random Freezes and Reboots (I give up)

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

PSU - brand name, go here and look at figure 3 & 4:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/362

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-freezes-and-reboots-i-give-up-382881.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Last night my reboots freezes randomly Computer and computer rebooted for no reason After that it started freezing randomly and became unresponsive where I Computer freezes randomly and reboots could only move my mouse around and thats about it This morning I came to a computer with no desktop icons or anything just a mouse I was able to move around I have no clue what s going on and thought it might be malware or something Thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system Computer freezes randomly and reboots spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system CSHelper exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System PRISMSVR EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Panasonic LUMIXSimpleViewer PhLeAutoRun exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - DC BAE - E E-AC B- - D C - no file O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run PRISMSVR EXE quot C WINDOWS System PRISMSVR EXE quot APPLY O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLL O - HKLM Run AudCtrl RunDll AudCtrl dll RCMonitor O - HKLM Run zzzHPSETUP D Setup exe O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort IndexSearch exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atb... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-randomly-and-reboots.814742/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello.

My computer keeps rebooting all the time, out of the blue. It does not have a certain ammount of time before it does it, it's completely random. Sometimes it will run for hours with o problems, but more often than not it will reboot or freeze. :/

System specs:

Win XP pro
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (1.83 Ghz)
768 DDR
ATI Radeon 9600 128
Main driver:ati2dvag.dll
version: 6.14.0010.6525

If more info about the system is needed I can provide it.

Thank you for answering.

A:Computer reboots or freezes all the time.

try to disably automatic reboot so you can get the error message that might have the cause. My computer>right click>properties>advanced>startup and recovery settings>uncheck automatically restart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reboots-or-freezes-all-the-time.360205/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello My computer froze while was playing a video game and I was was forced to manually restart the computer MY OS Win xp bit loaded I logged into my account and then I got a BSOD while the OS was still loading up the startup programs that would normally appear on the reboots BSOD after Computer user freezes then bottom right part of the screen Unfortunately I wasn t able to write down the message from the BSOD before it disappeared After the BSOD I was able to reload my OS again with no problems I ve been experiencing these hard locks a few times it has always occurred while this game has been running I ve contacted the game s technical support department but they Computer freezes then BSOD after user reboots have not been helpful As far as the BSOD this is the first one that I ve had for a while The other crashes were hard locks with no messages I m uncertain if the the hard lock is the same issue as the BSOD or two different issues Any help or advice would certainly be appreciated -Sam Windows XP Professional x Edition Version SP AMD Phenom II X GB Ram Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Documents and Settings Sam Desktop Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is WARNING Unable to verify checksum for ntkrnlmp exe Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff d Debug session time Tue May UTC - System Uptime days WARNING Unable to verify checksum for ntkrnlmp exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff cc fffffadf ff Probably caused by ntkrnlmp exe nt HvpGetCellMapped b Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:Computer freezes then BSOD after user reboots

Download BlueScreenView:
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398017/computer-freezes-then-bsod-after-user-reboots/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello First thank you for spending your time reading this Now weeks I m having problems with my pc I experienced different cases of failure starting from freezes in most of the cases reboots and different types of BSOD I will try to treat each case and make the problem more clear for you Freezes It happens almost - times a day in this case I m forced to hard-turn off if I press the reboot button the screen just goes black and BSOD reboots Freezes, messages Solved: and hangs there until I hard-turn off it then I turn it on and it starts normally it happens when I try to download a large file try to install something or just browse on the internet no event viewer message and no dump file is created While writing this thread happened times Reboots It happens or times a day and as a results a dump file is created Solved: Freezes, reboots and BSOD messages Happens in the above mentioned cases BSOD time in days or more often with different types of messages IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP I tired reparing and also formatting the operating system replacing RAM modules HDD IDE cables the replacements were also old and I m not sure if they were healthy at all and still the same For more I uploaded all my dump files thanks a lot for reading this I ll wait for your reply P S Sorry for my english I m not a native speaker nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

The computer is a Compaq Presario 7AP140 7000 series. It has 800 MHz processor, 128 MB memory, and a 16MB Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 Card. The problem with the comp is that it freezes and reboots when trying to play a DVD or some of the more complex games. Upon reboot I get a wasn't able to draw picture error that may have been caused by the divice driver for Nvidia Riva TNT2. The computer has XP on it, it had 98SE with the same problem. I noticed that this is a common problem but it seems like the way to fix it is still not clear. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 49.02%

This is rediculous. I have a AMD 800 Athlon, 160 mb ram pc 133, Sound Blaster Live X-gamer and a Diamond Stealth III s540 Vid card. While I am playing either Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 or NFS5 Porcshe my computer will lock up or reboot. What could cause this? I played the game on my friends computer and it works just fine. Could it be the game controller? Pirahnna PC pad (piece of crap) or the video card? Please suggest anwers or opinions. Thanks!

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello!!

I am glad that I found these boards. I have been experiencing several weeks of continuous BSODs, reboots and freezes.

I have checked each individual ram memory stick, carefully cleaned all the dust off each component, replaced and upgraded most drivers, checked the temperature of my CPU and GPU, etc. The symptoms only seem to be getting worse.

I am attaching the minidump file corresponding to the last crash.

Thanks in advance for your help with these issues.

Best regards,

Ander Garmendia

A:Several weeks of continuous BSODs, reboots and freezes...

Here are some more recent Minidump files from my PC (in case there is more than one cause for the erratic behavior).

Thanks in advance for your help,

--Ander Garmendia

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-weeks-of-continuous-bsods-reboots-and-freezes.183084/
Relevancy 49.02%

I downloaded XP Sp3 (316.4 MB) from Microsoft download center.

But before installing the SP3, it was written that it was recommended to back up the entire data on all system partitions before installing SP3. Does this mean that if SP3 fails to install for any reason (e.g. power failure, or system freeze during the installation of SP3) in which we have no choice, but to reboot the computer, will we be required to format the system partition and reinstall XP.

What will happen to the data on other partitions? Is there risk of data loss ?

A:What will happen if the system reboots or freezes while installing XP SP3 ?

Data on a computer should always be backed up regardless of whether it is on the system partition or on its own partition, and whether you are installing new software or installing a service pack or just using your computer without making any changes. Computers and hard drives can and do regularly eat data without warning, so any unbacked up data on your computer is at risk. Remember that there are only two kinds of hard drives in the world: those that have failed and those that will.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-will-happen-if-the-system-reboots-or-freezes-while-installing-xp-sp3-334525.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I built this computer about a year ago and it has never really worked right and have finally gotten tired of it Here s the symptoms Initial boot Freezes/Reboots/Weird things Computer It powers on fans turn on keyboard lights and then shuts off before doing anything Stops for seconds Repeat seconds Repeat Do this for - times and then it boots Everything is okay for a Computer Freezes/Reboots/Weird things while Using windows Sometimes I ll be doing something usually with audio now before you say SOUNDCARD I do a lot of audio work so it s USUALLY with audio but sometimes with games or something that has no sound at all If sound is playing it ll freeze the audio followed by the screen turning black usually sometimes it does not out of times it ll reboot itself after a couple of seconds but usually I have to turn it off and then back on Another thing there was one or two times that I left the computer on overnight where it froze Something stupid I did when i first built it When I first built this computer I installed the paired memory in the wrong slots aka put one stick in slot a put one stick in slot a I ran it like that for a while before realizing I ve done something dumb Fans I put a LOT of fans in this because I planned on overclocking the video card and the processor but have never gotten the chance I checked the voltage in the BIOS turned the front fan on all the way and got v which to me seems okay Hard drive The hard drive was brand new and I don t see any issues with it I ve run tests on it with no result I also ran some processor benchmark tests and didn t have any issues I have no idea what the problem is and its been driving me nuts Please please please help My friend told me it could be my install of XP but it doesn t explain the weird stuff that happens at boot which I think is related to the weird freezing issue Thanks in advance

A:Computer Freezes/Reboots/Weird things

Also, apologies if I put this in the wrong section but I have no idea if this is a Windows issue or a hardware issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351661/computer-freezesrebootsweird-things/
Relevancy 49.02%

Sup I made this account specifically for my computer problem Honestly my PC is the fastest reliable computer for the last two years or so Recently Like or so months ago whenever the PC is shut down and I try to turn it on it makes these beeping sounds and the screen stays black The beeping sound is normal beeps and one long beep at the end Btw I turn my computer on throughout the night since I download stuff etc This was Freezes/Reboots when game playing Computer a problem and I opened the cover and fiddled around with the things inside I noticed Computer Freezes/Reboots when playing game dust everywhere so i blew it out I reinserted things that could come out and some of the cylindrical things on the Motherboard were bent So I straightened them out Then I turned it on and it boots yay could play games for a while and kept my cover open Recently like weeks ago while playing a game called quot Sudden Attack quot I could play it for minutes fps was horrible compared to or two years ago and then the Computer Freezes/Reboots when playing game computer would freeze with no sound and movement Sometimes it would reboot itself and show the HP logo but never move on from there When I turn off my PC and try to reboot it there are the beeps again I have played other low end games on this computer like Starcraft and it works fine What I am asking for you guys is tell me the root of the beeping problem and how to fix that and the rebooting freezing thing Here is the complete layout of my system http h www hp com ewfrf wc prodinfoCategory lc en amp dlc amp cc us amp lang amp product nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-reboots-when-playing-game.758842/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everybody some months ago I built a new entry level PC for my parents This was the set-up PSU XFX W Pro S Cpu AMD and freezes problem] [Hardware reboots Random A K HD D GHz FM Mobo Gigabyte GA-F A XM-HD Ram DDR Crucial GB Mhz Ballistix Sport [Hardware problem] Random reboots and freezes The PC even though [Hardware problem] Random reboots and freezes never used under stress conditions internet or office applications has since the beginning had random reboots both in Windows after a BSOD and outside during the boot or even when in the BIOS menu I initially thought that the problem was the motherboard since I also got random quot bios corruption quot errors at boot So even if the shop said they tested the mobo and it worked fine for them [Hardware problem] Random reboots and freezes I switched to a new one MSI FM -A MA-E After the switch the PC seemed to work fine for the most part At the beginning there were few reboots without BSOD in Windows but I wasn't there so I thought that might be a software problem After a while also those few reboots disappeared at least my mom says so and for a few months the PC seemed to work fine Unfortunately in the last few days a new problem came up Randomly in windows or in the bios menu or even during the boot the video signal just goes off and the monitor goes to sleep The fans keep working but apart from that the PC looks dead ctrl alt del doesn't work the caps num lock indicator lights switch off and don't work any more etc I just have to manual reboot the PC and sometimes even that doesn't work and I have to manually switch it off and on again The problem seems to occurr more often when using cpu-intensive applications but as I said it occurrs even when in the BIOS menu The other strange fact is that sometimes the pc works fine even for a couple of hours at other times when the problem occurrs it just keeps coming again and again and the pc freezes few seconds after each reboot I cannot even understand if the problem is due to the same hardware failure as the first problem or if it's something new This is the Windows log file after one freeze occurred while in Windows but I don't think it will help Quote Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer PC-Stanzino Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly XML event lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC-Stanzino lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootAppStatus quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt This is what I tried - I updated the mobo bios and the cheapset drivers - Ram test memtest I first did it when the first problem occurred and the test was ok I also tried to use a new ram stick but it didn't help In the last few days I tested the ram again The first time the PC freezed as usual after few minutes The following day the test went on for a couple of hours before the P... Read more

A:[Hardware problem] Random reboots and freezes

Hello yonggotti mate run the HW Info and check the PSU voltages with the sensor button.
That is juts for starters as I am not familiar with that brand.

If they come up crap or not then try this but please use a digital meter as in the tutorial as the analogue ones inject 9v into the system to check stuff and needleless to say the 3.3 and 5v would not appreciate that!
PSU - Test DC Output Voltage

If the volts are there then that is one thing out of the way.

I ma sort of assuming you have run them but if not - these in safe mode if necessary

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f option in Option 2 ifnecessary

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340401-hardware-problem-random-reboots-freezes.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer has been getting slower and slower My AVG antivirus said I had a Trojan generic bowb but would hang up when it got to a particular file which was a driver file I downloaded from Driver Detective I tried to delete the file I downloaded Trojan remover which supposedly found two other Trojans and got rid of them but could not clear the issue with AVG It said it might just be a false positive I deleted AVG and download Avast anitivirus Now every morning I come in and my computer is freezes night and every Computer to Bios reboots at the Bios screen I have to hard boot I am at my wits end I don't know what Computer reboots to Bios every night and freezes to do Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Computer reboots to Bios every night and freezes Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes I WINDOWS System smss exeI WINDOWS system winlogon exeI WINDOWS system services exeI WINDOWS system lsass exeI WINDOWS system svchost exeI Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeI WINDOWS System svchost exeI Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeI Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeI WINDOWS system spoolsv exeI Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeI Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeI Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeI Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeI Program Files FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exeI Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeI Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeI Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeI WINDOWS System svchost exeI WINDOWS System svchost exeI Program Files Blue Coat K Web Protection k filter exeI Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exeI Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeI Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeI WINDOWS Explorer EXEI Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeI Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeI Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeI WINDOWS system kkw run exeI WINDOWS system kmw run exeI WINDOWS system hkcmd exeI WINDOWS system igfxpers exeI WINDOWS StartupMonitor exeI Program Files Belkin F D v Belkinwcui exeI Program Files GE Dual Scroll Optical Mouse Amoumain exeI Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeI Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs USBTip USBTip exeI Program Files Roxio CinePlayer DMXLauncher exeI Program Files BurnQuick BQTray exeI PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeI WINDOWS system ctfmon exeI Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeI Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeI Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeI Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - I Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot I Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run USB Check RUNDLL EXE quot I WINDOWS system PCLECoInst dll quot CheckUSBControllerO - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot I Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exeO - HKLM Run EazyScheduler I Program Files Eazy-Ware ezSched exeO - HKLM Run kkw run exe kkw run exeO - HKLM Run kmw run exe kmw run exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray I WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds I WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence I WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run Run StartupMonitor StartupMonitor exeO - HKLM Run F D v I Pr... Read more

A:Computer reboots to Bios every night and freezes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209479/computer-reboots-to-bios-every-night-and-freezes/
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer would freeze, reboots, then black screen.

I have installed new nvidia drivers,
I have tested the ram with memtest86 it passed the test.

I have windows xp sp3 installed.

My specs:
Motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M (with nvidia Geforce 7025/nForce 630a integrated video)
RAM: CORSAIR TW3X2G1333C9A XMS3 2 GB DDR3
CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 425
HDD: Samsung 500 GB SATA II HD502HJ
PSU: XION Xon 500 W

What could the cause of this problem be? Help please

A:Computer freezes, reboots, black screen

Did this happen before you updated the video driver? Try rolling back the video driver. Go to Start/Run and type eventvwr.msc double click System and Application and look for any Red X's double click them and see what program or file is causing the crash. You can also try attaching your Dump Files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-reboots-black-screen-539547.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Lately I've been having a very frustrating problem with my Dell Latitude D830 laptop, running Windows XP Service Pack 3. Anyway, for the past few days it has begun displaying graphics glitches: a "blinking" black screen on and off, covering anything colored white with pink speckles all over it, and sometimes either freezing to a solid black or pink screen with a few random lines in a square where my mouse cursor is, or rebooting on its own. Worried I might have a virus, I ran both Malwarebytes and Norton full scans and both came up clean. I'm not sure if it's a software issue or a hardware problem. I'm not terribly computer literate, but hopefully I've included enough information. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this and how I can fix it?

A:Laptop screen glitches, then freezes or reboots.

Try running through the steps given here:How to receive help diagnosing Blue Screens and Windows crashes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294862/laptop-screen-glitches-then-freezes-or-reboots/
Relevancy 49.02%

Have had XP for a few years, then on Friday 13th, system started to boot up; froze at the black XP screen. Then computer does a quick hard boot-up again (sounds like electrical cutting off the booting?), but fan, etc still on w/o power interruption. The system goes to the screen where it asks you in which mode to reboot, and neither safe mode, or any other mode (normal, last time computer booted OK, etc) results in the same situation. Can anyone be of any help? Sorta stuck in a loop here.

Thanks,
johhn

A:XP Boot up freezes at black screen; reboots again and again

Friday the 13th huh? Scary..

What were the last changes made to Windows that you can recall prior to this happening? (You may want to try the XP disk and use the "repair" function)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-boot-up-freezes-at-black-screen-reboots-again-and-again.877297/
Relevancy 49.02%

For a few weeks now my computer has been freezing and then going to the blue screen. After that, I can restart it normally. This can happen a few times a day, then not again for days. I decided to run super antispyware, but when I clicked on it, it says I cant run it and to contact the system administrator. This is my home computer, I am the administrator.
Then I tried to do a system restore while in safe mode and it wouldn't let me, again because it says I am not the administrator.
I let my nephew borrow my computer several times over the past months and I'm afraid he might have gotten a virus.

I'm very computer illiterate, but I'm running windows 7 home premium, 64 bit, AMD E-350 processor 1.60 GHz
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:My computer freezes and then goes to blue screen and reboots

I'm sorry that I have to agree with you. I too think that your system has been infected. I will ask a moderator to move this thread into the Am I infected forum so that you can get the expert assistance you need. Please read the instructions and follow their directions exactly. Makes things much easieer on both sides
Stay well and surf safe

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556587/my-computer-freezes-and-then-goes-to-blue-screen-and-reboots/
Relevancy 48.59%

Greetings fellas I have recently bought the computer Asus error & freezes my computer reboots ID from 41 on Event random U SD with i sandy bridge gigs hdd gigs of ram and Nvidia GT Got tired of the harddisk and wanted to try something new by Event ID 41 error from random reboots & freezes on my computer installing OCZ Vertex GB SSD Event ID 41 error from random reboots & freezes on my computer on it It seemed to work well until I got random reboots and the system freezes for like - minutes pretty often When you see it freezes you see the HDD indicator isn't flashing it's just a light like it's working its ass off This happens when the computer is running on battery and not when it's charging strange though I have as well tried to reinstall the system with an Event ID 41 error from random reboots & freezes on my computer other Windows system without any luck I also changed the SSD by an other brand new SSD from the store where I bought it but it didn't solve the problem either After some looking in the logs I found that it was en quot Event ID quot -error code that causes the random reboots if it's related to the random freezes aswell I have no idea Google suggested that I should update the BIOS done but with no luck They also suggested that I should update my drivers and so on I did that too but I still got the same problem Event ID also seem to be a very known problem but I didn't find any fix for it And yes these problems only appeared when I installed the SSD so I think the SSD is the main problem but I know the computer supports SSD since it also can be bought with SSD I have Windows x Ultimate So is there any of you that could help me solve this problem I would really like fix this computer

A:Event ID 41 error from random reboots & freezes on my computer

Bumping the thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190722-event-id-41-error-random-reboots-freezes-my-computer.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello All I have installed Windows Ultimate bit edition full retail edition on my HP dv - Laptop purchaed in April GB RAM Core Duo Ghz over the last weekend It was an upgrade from Windows Vista bit edition that was pre-installed on the laptop Since then it has been very painful since the last days I constantly have had random Installation 7 Freezes, Reboots BSOD, random suffering Win New BSODs Freezes and reboots Almost every hour Its so New Win 7 Installation suffering random BSOD, Freezes, Reboots bad that I had to run the BSOD tool from this site over two reboots and a third boot to run the PERFMON report I thought it could be due hardware issues so downloaded most of the latest drivers from HP support Still no respite Installing Office crashed twice as well I installed Drivermax and it practically said all drivers were outdated included the ones at HP site I have installed a few new drivers suggested by Drivemax but it still crashes My post installs include Gtalk Skype Yahoo Office Chrome MS Security Essentials and HP Laserjet printer driver Hopefully you guys can figure out something Thanks in advance Edit The perfmon report is within the attached zip file

A:New Win 7 Installation suffering random BSOD, Freezes, Reboots

Bumping this thread if the experts can help. I've had constant BSODs again and again and still cant use the computer for even 60 min with a BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169159-new-win-7-installation-suffering-random-bsod-freezes-reboots.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My lady friend gave me her computer to fix. She gave me everything but the power cables, which I had, so I plugged everything in and started it up just fine. I checked the sound, which was the original reason she gave it to me to check out, worked fine. After about 20 minutes, the display went off. I had to turn the computer off by holding down the power button. I tried rebooting it again the next day and I am met with this:

http://tinypic.com/r/jslyds/6

I waited it out and the computer just reboots after about 10 minutes and freezes again at that logo screen.

I tried going into safe mode and this happened:

http://tinypic.com/r/2076gxi/6

I attempt to login in safe mode and the computer just reboots.

As far as system specs go I don't know them. Wasn't able to reboot to check.

Any idea why this is happening?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello This is my first post here in this crashes, and BSOD random freezes, reboots Laptop at forum I have read the rules but I am not currently at my computer and will post my zip file when I am back I have an ACER Aspire G My problem started around two weeks ago Laptop freezes, crashes, BSOD and reboots at random I had to make a Skype call but my mozilla and skype started acting up not responding and then my computer crashed with a BSOD It worked afterwards but later the day it crashed two or three times again I got IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and BAD POOL HEADER and some others that I don t remember Then two days later it started crashing at a regular interval usually it happens around - in the afternoon but there are some exceptions It usually crashes two or three times and then it works at least for now afterwards it works properly Then last week I noticed that it started rebooting itself without even a BSOD before the crash it works properly and after the crash the computer slow down it even takes almost a minute to shut down From what I read it could be either bad RAM bad motherboard or bad PSU I will post my results a bit later today Sorry

A:Laptop freezes, crashes, BSOD and reboots at random

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265479-laptop-freezes-crashes-bsod-reboots-random.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer either reboots, freezes, or just gives me a black screen every 10-20 minutes when I'm online and offline. Also sometimes it freezes when it's counting memory at the start, and other unusual places. I am running a dual boot, Windows XP beta and Windows 95b. Same problem occurs in both operating systems. I even physically moved the computer in place of my old one, where I know for sure all the outlets work, and I still had the same problem. I tried running in safe mode, same problem occurs. I unplugged everything except the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and still same thing. I barely installed Norton Systemworks, and then when it begun checking for problems it froze. I think it might be a hardware problem, I am just asking you all what could be the problem in my computer.

My computer is 650 mhz Athlon.

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi My copmuter keeps on crashin into a black screen or Freezes 3dgame Computer or 3dapp in Reboots Crashes just reboots after i play a d Computer Freezes Reboots Crashes in 3dgame or 3dapp game like Halo Warcraft and Max Payne It keeps crashing in dmark and in dmark It only crashed like once though in dmark and it crashes like almost every single time in dmark I Updated everything BIOS WINDOWS NVIDA DRIVERS VIA in When i open my computers side panel and clean it with Dust Remover Blow Can out it works well for a like an hour then the whole thing all over again I though it was the Cooling or soem thing but i get temps around C Mobo Temp all the time I also took out the PCI slot blocker thingy right under my graphix card to get more air in to circulate when the fans are turing inside In days i am going to upgrade to a E-VGA Geforce SE I dont want these problems sparking up with that My Specs are Processor Model AMD Athlon tm XP Speed GHz Model Number estimated Performance Rating PR estimated Type Standard L On-board Cache kB ECC Synchronous Write-Back -way byte line size Mainboard L VMM Bus es ISA AGP PCI IMB USB i c SMBus MP Support CPU s MP APIC Yes System BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Mainboard KM - A Total Memory MB Chipset Model Elitegroup Computer Sys VT ProSavageDDR PM KM CPU to PCI Bridge Front Side Bus Speed x MHz MHz data rate Video System Monitor Panel KDS Visual Sensations XF- XF- e XF- p XF- i Adapter NVIDIA GeForce Physical Storage Devices Removable Drive Floppy disk drive Hard Disk Maxtor D H GB CD-ROM DVD Memorex DVD -RW Dual-X CD X Rd X Wr DVD X Rd X Wr CD-ROM DVD SAMSUNG CD-R RW SW- B CD X Rd X Wr Peripherals Serial Parallel Port s COM LPT USB Controller Hub VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Hub VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Hub USB Root Hub USB Controller Hub USB Root Hub USB Controller Hub USB Printing Support Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse PS Compatible Mouse MultiMedia Device s Device MPU- Compatible MIDI Device Device Standard Game Port Device VIA AC Enhanced Audio Controller WDM Communication Device s Device Generic SoftK Printers and Faxes Model Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Model Lexmark Z -Z Model Auto HP DeskJet C on DINA Operating System s Windows System Microsoft Windows XP Home Win x Service Pack Network Services Network Drivers Enabled Yes Adapter Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC The temps and voltages are here these are not while in game though SiSoftware Sandra System Manufacturer VIA Technologies Inc Model KM - A ID FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF Mainboard MP Support CPU s MPS Version Model KM - A System Memory Controller Location Mainboard Error Correction Capability None Number of Memory Slots Maximum Installable Memory GB Bank - A DIMM MB Bank - A DIMM MB Chipset Model Elitegroup Computer Sys VT ProSavageDDR PM KM CPU to PCI Bridge Bus es ISA AGP PCI IMB USB i c SMBus Front Side Bus Speed x MHz MHz data rate Width -bit Logical Chipset Memory Banks Power Save Mode No Fixed Hole Present No APIC Version Multiplier x Maximum Interrupts IRQ Handler Engaged Yes Enhanced Support No Memory Module s Memory Module Micron VDDT AG- A C CB MB x Mx DDR-SDRAM PC U- - CL up to MHz CL up to MHz Memory Module Samsung M L CT -CB CF MB x Mx DDR-SDRAM PC U- - CL up to MHz CL up to MHz Environment Monitor Model ITE IT ISA Mainboard Specific Support No Temperature Sensor s Board Temperature C F CPU Temperature C F Cooling Device s Auto Fan Speed Control No CPU Fan Speed rpm Voltage Sensor s CPU Voltage V Aux Voltage V V Voltage V V Voltage V V Voltage V - V Voltage - V - V Voltage - V Standby Voltage V Battery Voltage V AGP Bus es on Hub Version Speed x Fast-Writes Enabled No Side Band Enabled No Side Band Support Yes PCI Bus es on Hub Version Number of Bridges PCI Bus PCI x PCIClk LPC Hub Controller Model Elitegroup Computer Sys VT A PCI to ISA Bridge ACPI Power Management Enabled Yes Random Number Ge... Read more

A:Computer Freezes Reboots Crashes in 3dgame or 3dapp

Chipset 1
Model : Elitegroup Computer Sys VT8375 ProSavageDDR PM266/KM266 CPU to PCI Bridge
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 134MHz (268MHz data rate)

Reduce your fsb to 2x133

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-reboots-crashes-in-3dgame-or-3dapp.9708/
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently built a new computer and have been having reboot problems I think they are GPU related I am looking for possible solutions before I contact the manufacturer and get a replacement code bugcheck reboots, 0x124 and PC built New freezes CPU AMD FX- Phenom II Motherboard Asus M A L-M USB GPU Radeon R GB HDD Seagate rpm TB PSU W bronze Memory x Muschkin GB OS Windows bit build The PC will completely lock up including no mouse movement occasionally and restart without going to a BSOD This can happen at any New built PC freezes and reboots, bugcheck code 0x124 time but I can pretty much force it within a minute by loading up a video game This does not happen in safe mode This does not happen when I take the GPU out and run off the motherboard only I am using HDMI to my TV I used whocrashed to analyze the minidump files and every crash I get the following error On Sun AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This New built PC freezes and reboots, bugcheck code 0x124 was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x B F Bugcheck code x x xFFFFE x x Error WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time This is a new build and a fresh install of windows My chipset and gpu drivers are up to date I reseated the ram and the videocard and checked all the cables to make sure they are plugged in I have been using Core Temp and GPU-Z to log temperatures and nothing seems wrong in the logs when the PC freezes This problem happens with both the current gpu drivers and the ones that came on disc with the gpu The GPU will occasionally crash and recover without restarting the whole PC but usually it freezes and restarts Any suggestions on what else I can do The only thing I have left I haven't tried is updating the MB BIOS

A:New built PC freezes and reboots, bugcheck code 0x124

Welcome to the forum!

Can't rule out the card being bad. Have you tried uninstalling the GPU in device manager and even selecting delete drivers, then reboot? Be sure to have internet connection.

There is also DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 13.6.4.3

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/61974-new-built-pc-freezes-reboots-bugcheck-code-0x124.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Title says it all, well almost.

It happens when I'm surfing net, listening to music, or laptop is Idle. This Blue screen used to come up once a month or so, and now for the past few weeks it's almost everyday event. I updated Video and audio drivers to the latest ones but still, no help. The event ( after blue screen) is recorded as Kernel Power Error ID 41. Whats shall I do ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-shows-blue-screen-and-reboots-618830.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Yes all that I can't install programs Browsers crash Blue screen of death Mem dump Random restarts And all before and still after Formating and Reinstalling I have gone through then steps and didn't find anything and what I could do I had to pass up I have a log nice and short Need anything else let me know Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C my crash computer browsers Reboots, crashes, freezes, Man, WINDOWS Man, my computer crashes, Reboots, freezes, browsers crash system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost Man, my computer crashes, Reboots, freezes, browsers crash exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Mixer exe C Program Files Man, my computer crashes, Reboots, freezes, browsers crash PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run PCTFW quot C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe quot -s O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Trusted Zone http www msi com tw O - DPF C -DF - -B -C BB C EE E WebSDev Control - http liveupdate msi com tw autobio ne install cab O - Service PC Tools Firewall Plus PCToolsFirewallPlus - PC Tools - C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/man-my-computer-crashes-reboots-freezes-browsers-crash-155498.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Cannot run anything 3D-graphic for a long. It kickes me to Windows in 15 mins or in an houer. Sometimes. but seldom comp reboots and even more seldom it freeses.
It looks like Video card problem, but I used it before in other system and all was fine. I also thought it was CPU temp. prob, but CPU temp was normal every kick/reboot/freeze. It is also not Win XP problem b/c I get the same result in WinMe.

System:

MB: Gygabyte GA-7VR (KT333)
CPU: Duron 1,300
Video: Albatron GF4 MX 440
Others...

Any suggestions?

A:Video problems - Kickes, Reboots, Freeses running 3D-Graphics

When you say it won't run 3D programs what do you mean? Games, graphic programs or other? Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-problems-kickes-reboots-freeses-running-3d-graphics.111941/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I've looked at so many forum posts and tried what I felt confident doing on my own I'm out of options and need my computer running again HP Pavilion a c Media Center Windows XP Intel reg Pentuim reg D CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM My PC has been very slow at startup and during applications Computer msg w/ freezes & Firefox after XP & reboots constantly error updates for a very long time ive learned to live with it after trying to figure out why and just giving up Its slow and freezes on occasion Computer freezes constantly & reboots w/ error msg after updates XP & Firefox but nothing like this About a week ago I scanned with superantispyware and got rid of over tracking cookies About days ago the computer was getting very slow and starting to freeze while on Internet and email So I updated on windows website Then went to Firefox and updated flash and one more can't remember Next day the computer was freezing sometimes at startup and sometimes after trying to open a program Control-Alt-Delete wasn't working so i had to press power off manually everytime Then it started rebooting after freezes Many many reboots I couldn't do anything it was in constant cycle of freezing and rebooting Error messages -some after reboot Winlogon exe Wgatray exe Mcshield exe Msiexec exe visual studio update McHlp exe NDPI lspl-KB -x wrapper log Hpqste exe Left pc off for a day came back and cleaned the fan Then tried to run malwarebytes but couldn't stay on long enough to download Wasn't able to download updates for mcafee either McAfee firewall will not turn back on not sure why it turned off Today downloaded and tried to scan in safe mode It froze during scan Uninstalled super anti spyware malwarebytes and restarted Downloaded malware bytes again Froze during scan again and again Froze also during malwarebytes chameleon scan Not sure what to try next

A:Computer freezes constantly & reboots w/ error msg after updates XP & Firefox

Forgot to add... Now the computer is just freezing up. It hasn't rebooted all day today.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487843/computer-freezes-constantly-reboots-w-error-msg-after-updates-xp-firefox/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, A friend of mine has ased me to look at her computer as it reboots and freezes at the black safe mode screen, if she leaves it turned off for about 10mins it will start back up with no problems, it does not sem to be over heating as this can happen withing a minute of booting up.
I have noticed that the dvd from light seems to stay on for quite a while when it boots up but then goes out.

Any ideas thx.

A:Computer reboots but freezes at the black safe mode screen

you say it freezes at the safe mode screen, is it automatically going to that screen or are you pressing F8 as it boots to get there?? if it is automatically going to that screen, have you tried selecting "last known good configuration"? or can you not even choose which selection to boot with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reboots-but-freezes-at-the-black-safe-mode-screen.433494/
Relevancy 47.73%

So last Then Once Flashes BSoD or Freezes Computer Completely Blinks and Reboots week I was on the interwebs and my computer froze The mouse could move Computer Freezes Completely or Blinks Once Then Flashes BSoD and Reboots but that was it No windows responded nor did the start button and ctrl alt delete didn t do anything Then the screen started to blink about once every seconds It proceeded to do this until I forcibly turned off the computer by holding down the power button I then turned on Computer Freezes Completely or Blinks Once Then Flashes BSoD and Reboots the computer again and the screen was glitchy By this I mean icons on my desktop would disappear until I clicked on them by which I mean clicked the empty spaces where the used to be the start button and task bar would not reappear even if I hit the start button and if I opened a window it would show me the top half of the window and the bottom half would show the desktop or lack thereof Also my background picture was gone I left it alone for a few days I thought maybe it overheated and it was working fine for the last two days Then today it froze completely No blinking screen the mouse disappeared and it just stayed like that until I turned off the computer Then I turned it on and it worked for about twenty minutes The screen blinked once and then I got the BSoD but it only flashed for a moment and then the computer rebooted This has happened another two times in the last hour I got a new harddrive a few months ago but this is the first sign of any trouble I have had since it was installed by a friend Any suggestions

A:Computer Freezes Completely or Blinks Once Then Flashes BSoD and Reboots

Hard to diagnose from this distance, but it sounds as though the display adapter may need to be replaced. Guess there's a chance it might be malware or something else, but my first guess is the video card.

Download BlueScreenView:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438188/computer-freezes-completely-or-blinks-once-then-flashes-bsod-and-reboots/
Relevancy 47.73%

We have an H P laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium I am using it now on Safe Mode With Networking It works reasonably well in Safe Mode except for the limitations mentioned below For the past several days it has been freezing up after only a minute or less of use Before freezing the screen becomes very pale Vista Freezes Windows and then the small continuous circle starts spinning and everything is frozen I was able to uninstall the automatic update programs that Microsoft installed just before the trouble started The computer will not let me run Spy Doctor s scanning program in any mode Neither will the computer allow me do System Restore in any mode It seems to be running System Restore but when it reboots I get a message saying quot System Restore did not complete successfully Your computer s system files were not changed The restore point was damaged or was deleted during the restore quot Lastly in Safe Mode I can get on the I net with this PC I can use Yahoo s email system but I cannot get on my Hotmail account with this PC in any mode Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta B CNF KN Antivirus Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Windows Vista Freezes

Here is the support site for the HP HDX X16-1040US Premium Notebook PC which you add and save in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

You obviously have some problems with that laptop if you can only run it in "safe mode with networking" mode and not in "normal" mode. As long as you're running it in that mode, there are certain functions that you won't be able to do.

I don't know what else you have installed in that laptop, but I would get rid of PC Tools Spyware Doctor With Antivirus 2011 and replace it with these free and light-weight and very user-friendly programs:

Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0.657.0

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.51.0.1200

SUPERAntiSpyware 4.54.0.1000

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-freezes.1003420/
Relevancy 47.73%

My laptop freezes. All of a sudden it just started freezing. Also Ctrl alt del will not work. This is actually my daughters computer she uses at school and she said that ctrl alt del never work to bring up task manager.
I have done system restore, removed all cookies and temp files, ran defrag and scan disk but still it freezes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

I am not very computer literate, so please forgive any lack of technical details in this post, but I really need some help. I have an HP desktop computer with Windows Vista home addition installed. About 3 weeks ago, my wife did a Windows update and received an error. I do not remember what she said what the error was, but it seemed to refer to a lack of disk space (we have lots of music and movies on the hard drive). I began moving files from the hard drive to an external MyBook drive and had several cut/paste jobs running when the computer froze up. As a last resort I did a hard reboot and the computer froze again. It has done this over and over. I cannot boot in safe mode either. I do not have a boot CD. How can I get past this? Thank you so much for looking past my lack of technical knowledge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-freezes.916026/
Relevancy 47.73%

My Windows Vista machine recently started freezing up, and only runs in safe mode. I used Avast, found nothing wrong. Used ComboFix, found nothing wrong. Hijackthis log is attached, if someone can help.

A:Windows Vista freezes up

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/448614 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448614/windows-vista-freezes-up/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Dell lap tap that is running Vista it is freezes after only about a minuet or so unless I run it in safe mode, also when I run a disk check it freezes on stage 4 out of 5 at 34% every time.
any ideas?

A:Windows vista freezes

Please check your hd as follows:

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (or http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28744&hl=hard+drive+diagnostic)Make sure you select the tool which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), to make the CD bootable.For Toshiba drives, see here: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=ServicesSupport/FujitsuDrivesUSandCanada/SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537462/windows-vista-freezes/