Windows Support Forum

Problems booting computer, faulty hardware suspected

Q: Problems booting computer, faulty hardware suspected

Windows Vista Home Basic SP 2
eMachines ET 1161-05
AMD Athlon LE-1640 2.7Ghz

Computer powers on, but does not boot. Not even the boot screen where you can choose booting options or access the BIOS. It does boot sometimes if I unplug the hardrive, and do odd maneuvers to plug it back in, switch SATA ports, swap cables with the CD tray or restart it a lot of times. But it is getting increasingly difficult to make it boot.

I read some other threads that said to take a small battery out, or swap the memory to another slot, but I want to make sure this applies to my case first before I try anything.

Please advice, thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problems booting computer, faulty hardware suspected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Problems booting computer, faulty hardware suspected

You can download the User Guide and scroll to the Troubleshooting section.I would take a look at page 37 first.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425512/problems-booting-computer-faulty-hardware-suspected/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello Everybody Sorry for this being long but it should cover everything See attached for BSOD zip files I have a Windows Bit Toshiba Satellite A Laptop Basic specs are a GB Toshiba Hard drive GB of Ram Intel Core Duo P CPU Insyde H Version Bios and a NVIDIA GeForce GT M graphics card I use Avast Antivirus Free Zone Alarm Firewall and Windows Defender for security For the past months i have been getting random BSODs It started as once in a while but it started to get frequent as the months passed I would get - BSODs on cold start while windows is loading before logging coming hardware faulty problems a piece BSOD of A range of from into it and then the system would run ok A range of BSOD problems coming from a faulty piece of hardware for about a - hrs and then BSODs again I enabled boot logging to figure out the startup BSODs and i found that some of the errors were caused by the driver intelppm sys I disabled the driver and it ran ok for about months but then more random BSODs If i enable intelppm sys BSODs get worse so it is disabled for now Symptoms I would have to keep turning the power switch on off - times since it gets stuck on POST on cold start When I get past this I would have to leave the computer on the BIOS menu or Windows Startup options menu for about - minutes to warm the computer where I could then proceed to windows On cold start it restarts - times while windows is loading or even if I do reach windows i would get a random BSOD By this time the computer gets warm so I would not have this particular problem until the next cold start When I am on Windows I may not have problems for - hrs then I would get some random programs crashing like Google Chrome Firefox Flash Player While on YouTube Microsoft Word and Windows Media Player while i m using it This would then graduate to BSODs Computer hangs after waking from sleep mode BSODs from a cold start hibernation The audio driver crashes once in a while when playing audio where I would have to go to device manager to disable and enable it to run again Windows Explorer tends to malfunction causing some graphics distortions where I would be forced to restart My synaptics touchpad seems to malfunction occasionally BSODs while logged on to windows tends to happen often while I am connected to the internet It triggers a lot while using Google Chrome Offline it may trigger while using Windows Media Player or even on idle - maybe a background program initiates triggering a BSOD Would get a random restart on Safe Mode Updates amp Tests That I Ran Have the latest Windows updates and all drivers including the BIOS are updated My processor runs on temperatures between - degrees Celcius On intel s website the processor s maximum temperature is degrees so I am in the safe range Ran Antivirus and Malware scan which are all updated no problems Did a fresh clean install of Windows same problems Prime Ran for a few hrs no problems OCCT No problems Windows Memory Test No Problems Memtest Ran for hrs no problems Windows Chekdisk No errors Seatools for Windows All passed Ran Driver Verifier No problems Disabled several drivers including Audio Video and Wireless drivers Same problems but less frequent as this time I would not be online DPC Latency Checker High latency on wireless card Realtek RTL SE n PCI-E NIC which causes popping noises and delays when playing audio This happens especially while browsing the web No problems with this card otherwise Suspects CPU I have a strong feeling this is the culprit I figure a bad CPU would hang a computer on POST the processor have to warm up to work and i guess any programs that are CPU intensive such as Google Chrome would cause a BSOD All this and yet it passes stress tests PSU I never tested the PSU and i am aware that a faulty PSU can cause all kinds of errors mentioned above including a malfunctioning CPU I am planning to switch to another CPU If this fails the PSU is next Display Card I doubt it but right now the NVIDIA display card is... Read more

A:A range of BSOD problems coming from a faulty piece of hardware

I believe you are right in suspecting a bad cpu as a possible culprit because if memory serves correct; if and when a cpu starts failing; it will generate quite a few bsod's like the ones you have uploaded because its the processor which is the main heart of the system other than the system board. I would definitely switch out cpu's if you know how to do it carefully. And yes after that definitely test the psu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318782-range-bsod-problems-coming-faulty-piece-hardware.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi (hardware turns during Computer not off games faulty) at first I thought this was a problem only when I had my monitor switched to hz because it turned off alot back when I had it on so I had been playing with hz for a while and tried my luck turning it back to hz worked for a few days but now it seems it cant handle it even in hz It's a newly built PC I have checked graphics card with Furmark and no problems there ran memtest overnight passed tests I Computer turns off during games (hardware not faulty) cant upload any minidump files because it is empty I've reseating heatsink I want to know what else I could do to find out what the problem is please Specs -EVGA GeForce GTX Ti DS Superclockerd MB -Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz clocked ghz -ASUSTeK Computer INC P P PRO REV - gb RAM DDR - watt PSU Could it be a problem with uncompatible overclocks Had a few problems with the overclocking settings

A:Computer turns off during games (hardware not faulty)

If it was me I would set the bios back to default, play the game & see if it is stable or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198496-computer-turns-off-during-games-hardware-not-faulty.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I am getting frequent BSODs lately and my computer restarts randomly. I suspect its the net adapter, cause when I remove it, it doesn't happen. I bought a new one, replaced it, but the old one is still listed in Devices. I can't uninstall it, so I disabled it.
Here is the dump file I got from the BSOD. I need help to determine if its really a problem with the net adapter, not with something else. Thank You.

A:Suspected faulty net adapter causing BSOD

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

There's not a whole bunch of info in the uploaded text file. It points to ntoskrnl.exe - which is unlikely to be the cause. we'll need the info requested above in order to massage a bit more info out of your system.

Bug, FWIW, if the BOSD's stop when you replace the network card - then that's most likely the problem.

To uninstall the old card, first remove the software for it from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program. Then, if the device is still listed in Device Manager, enable it - then right click on the device and select "Uninstall". The system may ask you if you want to remove the driver software. Check the box and click OK. Then shut the system down and physically remove the device from your system.

If the device is built into your motherboard, you'll have to disable the device in the BIOS.

Also, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:

Quote:

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:

Code:
Delete these registry keys to stop Driver Verifier from loading (works in XP, Vista, Win7):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel
More info on this at this link: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Good Luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/suspected-faulty-net-adapter-causing-bsod-612366.html
Relevancy 62.78%

IBM Aptiva Win SE My girlfriend s computer hasn t hardware not problems? Windows booting: been hooked up and running for about months so I recently decided to hook it up and see if all was well with it It has never had any troubles before so I was surprised that upon turning it on I was greeted by a loud moaning whirring sound which it has never produced before I turned it off and popped the case lid off It was amazingly dusty inside so I thought that possibly the fan was clogged and therefore not freely spinning--the fan was also caked with dust But after I unscrewed the fan from over Windows not booting: hardware problems? the heat sink of the processor I realized that the four screws on Windows not booting: hardware problems? the corners of the fan were actually screwed in between different strips of the heat sink Now I may be wrong but that s not normal to have screws in-between the heat sinks right So far I have left the fan unscrewed from the heat sink Now upon cleaning the fan and turning the PC back on I realized that another problem existed the computer was hanging at the IBM Aptiva screen and was not continuing with the boot up I then realized that the hard drive was in no way starting--no disk spinning no sounds from inside The processor fan and the power supply fan are working and receiving power Although I tried to eject the CD drive and it would not open I am a bit confounded as to what to do next Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows not booting: hardware problems?

n370: It IS normal for the H/S fan to be screwed into the fins on the heatsink. That's not a problem.
About not finishing the boot process, That's a problem.
Are you quite sure you didn't accidently bump a power cable loose while you were screwing around with the fan? I'd check all the power fittings to see if they are connected tightly especially the one on that optical drive that won't open and the HDD connedtion since you say it isn't working.
There is a small hole in most optical drives that you can insert a straigtened paper clip into and push gently. This will pop the tray out just a little, enough so that you can gently pull it all the way out. Maybe a disk is stuck in there.
Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-booting-hardware-problems.449323/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi, i have been reformatting my PC for quite sometime and before, it ran and was completed SUCCESSFULLY. But now, when i try to reinstall my OS, it installs quite "well" or so i thought meaning, the OS completed installation with no errors or problems being reported but as i use the FRESHLY formatted PC, it starts to slow down meaning the processor can't seem to handle the same work as it did before, data transfer rate slowed down dramatically, some programs fails to install perfectly, audio not working, startup/shutdown slower, etc., which is totally not the way it used to behave before.

Sys info:
AMD Athlon XII 245 x2 proci
Hitachi 500gb SATA 7200rpm
Kingston 2gb DDR3 ram
hp dvd read/writer SATA

installation media:
copied bootable dvd iso 1yr old

scanned with avg with no threats detected.

Thanks in advance for all who'll help. :-)

A:Windows 7 suspected faulty installation media or process

Replace the AVG crapware, which is recommended by no one here, with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Did you follow closely the steps to get a perfect Clean Reinstall Windows 7 Factory OEM - which are the same for retail? Pay close attention to how drivers are handled in Win7 which is different than XP.

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
starting with a Clean Boot, hardware tests, logs, Solutions, drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248238-windows-7-suspected-faulty-installation-media-process.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hello, i am new to this forum, so pardon me for any noob threads or anything. My problem is that my computer freezes when i load up certain games, them being:

Crysis (including Warhead and War)
Batman Arkham Asylum
Bioshock
Fallout 3

while other games seem to work, such as
cod 4-6
mass effect 2
assassin's creed
l4d2
company of heroes
team fortress 2

and so on, i don't feel like naming all of them.

My computer specs are as follows:
CPU: intel core 2 quad clocked at 3.44GHz
Motherboard: p5Q pro by Asus
Ram: ddr2 4 gigs of corsair 800Mhz (not too sure)
Display Card: MSI ATI 4870
Hard drive: 500gb hitachi deskstar
PSU: 500W tothemax
Case: Elite 310 Coolermaster

i'm not so sure what exactly is causing the problem, and would love to have this problem solved.

Thanks,
08351TY

A:Problems with booting up certain games & PrintScreen [moved from Hardware]

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Ty updating your drivers and getting directx 9.0c(link in my sig)
Also try running the game(s) as administrator and in winxp3 compatibility mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-booting-up-certain-games-and-printscreen-moved-from-hardware-459661.html
Relevancy 60.2%

So here s my dillema I m hardware after drives recognized) windows change (IDE Problems major booting not sort of a novice in the hardware department I ve successfully swapped out hard drives and disc drives and transferred my mobo from an old case to a new Problems booting windows after major hardware change (IDE drives not recognized) one before so I recently attempted a more indepth overhaul Namely when my old computer died from what was likely a video card or motherboard fail power still worked but there was no monitor display or POST beep anymore I decided to swap out the old stuff for new and better parts amp nbsp My PSU and case along with my gb hard drive and my two dvd rom drives are fairly new so I m replacing the motherboard from a nine-year old God knows what to a ASUS P KPL-AM SE processor AMD Athlon to an Intel Core Duo RAM PC to DDR and vid card my old GeForce for a new PowerColor HD Running XP Home The build went successfully from what I can tell though I m not entirely certain how to hook up the IDE ribbons correctly when I have two DVD Rom drives since there are only three connectors and I have three drives plus the mobo connector Anyway when I fired it up initially I got nothing There was power but I got a POST error one long beep followed by two short beeps Since I figured it might be that my old PSU isn t putting out enough power to supply this massive new video card I removed the card to see what would happen Now I get the single long POST beep and a screen recognizing the motherboard and processor I get as far as the screen that tells me Windows did not shut down properly but no matter what option I choose safe mode safe mode w command prompt start windows normally or last known good config at this point the system simply restarts again with the single beep and I m back at square one I m aware of the pitfalls of swapping motherboards while trying to save the OS I have my hard drive partitioned which means I should be able to keep my files intact despite a complete reinstall yes At this point I don t expect to be able to get away without reinstalling windows but I can t figure out how to get the system to take the install disc so I can even do that I don t know my way around BIOS very well My hope is that if I can get it booted up and running using the system s onboard video then I can worry about replacing the power supply with a higher wattage and installing the new video card at a later date My immediate issue is that the BIOS isn t recognizing any of my IDE drives I have a single DVD writer and a hard drive hooked up on an IDE cable but the main BIOS page says quot Primary IDE Master Not Detected quot quot Primary IDE Slave Not Detected quot I ve checked everything and it seems to be all hooked up correctly so I can t figure out why this isn t working The obvious problem is that since I can t get the drive to function I in turn can t read the Windows install disc so I can t even get in and try to do a repair install or anything I can provide more info if you need it I m just at a loss right now nbsp

A:Problems booting windows after major hardware change (IDE drives not recognized)

you must reinstall windows on the new setup from scratch. Any major hardware changes will require this. Windows configures itself and is registered to the mobo and components. Also windows is licensed for only one system at a time.

A BIOS beep is indicative of hardware failure or incompatibility. Read my guide here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

To retrieve data you will need to use your drive in another system as an external device. Use a usb to IDE adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-booting-windows-after-major-hardware-change-ide-drives-not-recognized.132441/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there I am currently trying to troubleshoot my computer as it has recently stopped booting up I have had a previous thread about this issue here However I am moving my thread to the BSOD section after Booting, Not Computer and Errors BSODs Hardware Multiple suggestion by 'essenbe' Here is a summary of my issue For months now I have been having intermittent issues with BSODs 'hardware errors' in the reliability monitor and freezes on multiple installs of Windows A few weeks ago I Computer Not Booting, Multiple BSODs and Hardware Errors installed a new graphics card Asus GT GB which replaced integrated graphics Also at the same time as installing the graphics card I 'refreshed' Windows and installed all of the latest drivers All was running fine for a few days until the computer Computer Not Booting, Multiple BSODs and Hardware Errors simply refused to boot one day When ever I try to boot now the Windows startup screen simply hangs and never does anything Safe mode simply boots to a black screen I have tried to run linux live cds and Windows disks All of which often fail to boot they just hang on the startup screen So far I have tested my ram with memtest passes and hard drive with seatools long test passed Computer Not Booting, Multiple BSODs and Hardware Errors I attach the last version I could get of the BSOD logs the folder is slightly outdated as obviously I cannot get any logs now Thank you in advance for your help

A:Computer Not Booting, Multiple BSODs and Hardware Errors

The dump file is

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck A0, {c, ffffffffc0000001, ffffe000f54c9010, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::OKHAJAOM::`string'+25ba )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)
The power policy manager experienced a fatal error.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000000c, Dump stack failed to initialize.
Arg2: ffffffffc0000001, Status code
Arg3: ffffe000f54c9010, Address of the dump stack context
Arg4: 0000000000000000
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA0
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: f
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) x86fre
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff803bb61f8aa to fffff803bb3b8760
STACK_TEXT:
ffffd000`25ec63d8 fffff803`bb61f8aa : 00000000`000000a0 00000000`0000000c ffffffff`c0000001 ffffe000`f54c9010 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`25ec63e0 fffff803`bb3bdd75 : 00000000`00000000 ffffe000`f65c59b0 fffff803`bb3bdd40 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::OKHAJAOM::`string'+0x25ba
ffffd000`25ec66d0 fffff803`bb2092ab : fffffa80`00015406 fffff803`bb340000 00000000`00000000 fffff803`bb2abd37 : nt!PopSaveHiberContextWrapper+0x35
ffffd000`25ec6700 fffff803`bb6161dd : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ffffd000`25ec6840 : hal!HaliAcpiSleep+0x1bb
ffffd000`25ec6790 fffff803`bb615fd6 : fffff803`bb5789f0 ffffd000`25ec6910 fffff803`bb5789f0 fffff803`bb205500 : nt!PopHandleNextState+0x18d
ffffd000`25ec67e0 fffff803`bb615d47 : 00000000`0000007b fffff803`bb5789f0 ffffd000`25ec6838 ffffe000`f65c59b0 : nt!PopIssueNextState+0x1a
ffffd000`25ec6810 fffff803`bb6146cc : ffffffff`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ffffe000`f21c6a00 : nt!PopInvokeSystemStateHandler+0x25f
ffffd000`25ec69f0 fffff803`bb6143b4 : ffffffff`ffffffff ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000001 00000000`0021f4b3 : nt!PopEndMirroring+0x198
ffffd000`25ec6ab0 fffff803`bb613bca : ffffd000`25ec6bd0 fffff803`00000007 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MmDuplicateMemory+0x7a4
ffffd000`25ec6ba0 fffff803`bb27f125 : 00000000`00000000 ffffe000`f86e7840 ffffd001`e7a367d0 fffff803`bb634f62 : nt!PopTransitionToSleep+0xd6
ffffd000`25ec6c10 fffff803`bb3bd906 : fffff803`bb593180 ffffe000`f86e7840 fffff803`bb27f0e4 00000000`00000246 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x41
ffffd000`25ec6c60 00000000`00000000 : ffffd000`25ec7000 ffffd000`25ec1000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
I also found in the WER this

Code:
Event[6435]:
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 2016-01-06T17:35:13.495
Event ID: 7040
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: Basil-Desktop
Description:
The start type of the Microsoft Standard SATA AHCI Driver service was changed from demand start to boot start.

followed by
The application System with process id 4 stopped the removal or ejection for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&SUBSYS_B0051458&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FA.
The application \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\AV... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38616-computer-not-booting-multiple-bsods-hardware-errors.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have built a new system with vista I have not over-clocked anything BIOS is set to use defaults One of the faulty I Solved: Do have hardware? games I like to play Lord of the Rings Online causes the pc to crash not always a bluescreen while other non gaming tasks and even playing another game Guild Wars for even like hours the pc runs fine Here is what I have done so far Over hours might have been as much as hours running latest version of memtest testing the RAM with the set of default tests No errors resulted and Solved: Do I have faulty hardware? the pc remained running and I m sure if I left it continue to test would have ran for days without issue I proceeded restart the pc and load windows normally so that I could test the cpu next I installed prime and email protected to insure that the cpu was pegged at usage I ran the small FFTs maximum FPU stress data fits in L RAM not tested much test It ran for hours fine without error or crashing the pc As with the other I probably could have let it continue for days without error I then decided to try the next test in place large FFTs maximum heat and power consumption some RAM tested This test the PC crashes after about Solved: Do I have faulty hardware? to hours not sure if both times was bluescreen or not Which is about the maximum duration before the pc crashes trying to play LotRO Not sure if its just coincidence or not At this point I thought it best to try and figure out why this is happening before trying anything else with testing and trying to play the game I want to make sure that I don t have faulty HW rather than some bizarre software issue that has to be figured out nbsp

A:Solved: Do I have faulty hardware?

Update:

This appears to have been nothing more than one of the pesky driver issues. With Vista SP1 I don't appear to have any problems any more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-do-i-have-faulty-hardware.680142/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have recently built a new computer and it has been working fine for a couple days until one day while trying to boot up i got a BSOD. upon further investigation i found that i could not boot into safe mode, into system recovery, or from my windows dvd, they all resulted in a BSOD. I have been getting 3 different types of BSOD "bad pool header" "Irql not less or equal" and "page fault in nonpaged area."

All of these seemed to point to faulty ram, so i ordered new RAM. Turns out thats not the issue. So what else could be causing these errors and how would i find out?

A:Faulty hardware cannot boot

Mate nice machine specs - but did the machine come with the install disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264686-faulty-hardware-cannot-boot.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I'm CrazyKilla

America is a giant place and full of technology and I'm guessing that no one has problems finding their hardware, but here in the tiny UK I don't know who I can trust, I have bought almost all of my hardware from Amazon.co.uk, but this site isn't made for selling hardware and I am worried i might receive a faulty product or something, are there certain sellers that ALWAYS supply a good part, or are there other websites where i can buy a wide range of hardware? Many sites are not very trustworthy and some are just expensive, and others just don't have the parts in stock or for sale. Could someone recommend a place where i could buy hardware at a good price and get parts that will not be faulty/broken in any way?

A:Where can I buy hardware in the UK and not get faulty parts?

What shows up if you type "Computer Parts" in a Google search ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/292250-where-can-i-buy-hardware-uk-not-get-faulty-parts.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys,

To start off, im not an IT expert & thats why im here

I've got this problem since I came back from studying abroad for 2 months (PC is not turned on at all)

To make it easy for you guys to read I'm gonna make it brief:

Issue:

- sudden power turn off problem[*POOF*] .
- After few attempts of power on and off, PC starts to give 1 long beep and 1 short beep (indicates possible MoBo Error) also monitor has no signal

I don't have any extra PSU or MoBo to test which hard drive is giving me this kind of problem,

So please guys, any kind of help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

A:Need help figuring out the faulty hardware

Go elsewhere on this TechSpot site, to find the excellent and nearly complete Beep Code list from member Tipstir. It can be very helpful.

You could have any one of a number of issues, but you didn't tell us the brand, model, age, and configuration...
It could be hard drive failure, video graphics card, cpu clamp has broken or come loose, memory module failure, power supply damaged or blown on one channel, one of the PCI card slots can cause this, even it not used... such as a eefective modem, cable or socket has failed due to heat shrinkage or poor construction.
You will likely get a lot of suggestions and guesses if you tell us more about your system.
Also tell us if you have the restore disks for windows, and the drivers to do a new install if necessary... as well as whether you have your important files backed up.
Good luck in dealing with all the ideas you are sent by TechSpot members

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-figuring-out-the-faulty-hardware.149902/
Relevancy 58.05%

so I've been having various crashing issues pointing to a random assortment of system drivers and dll files things that according to various tech forums and sites point to either a specific bum driver or more likely faulty hardware After lots of messing around hardware isolating faulty trying to fix a software problem I reformatted windows from scratch and have crashed times since in the course of a few hours no system files have been referenced So it seems pretty much certain that its a hardware issue isolating faulty hardware The latest error code was x x D isolating faulty hardware x x x in case anyone cares Unfortunately I don't have much experience in troubleshooting hardware issues I don't know how to isolate what is causing the problems beyond taking out various cards all i have in there is sticks of ram a video card and ethernet card audio is integrated and running the system to see if it crashes But since I don't know how to trigger the crashes that doesn't seem very efficient Any suggestions tips would be appreciated

A:isolating faulty hardware

Got another error that might be useful in debugging:

0x0000000A (0x01000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8067AE35)

I've uploaded my Everest report here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/isolating-faulty-hardware-134340.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello if Checking is faulty hardware I m Checking if hardware is faulty new to Techspot I was Checking if hardware is faulty recently involved in a rear end car crash Sadly my computer was in the trunk and the whole backend of the car was pretty smashed in my computer ended up traveling from the trunk of the car to halfway on top of the back seat The computer looks to be mostly in tact the only things that have been affected is the ram fan that was shaken loose and the cd rom which completely does not work The case is completely intact no dents or scratches I have noticed however that my computer has alot more trouble processing regular tasks like opening my computer downloading and installing files from the internet and opening warcraft bluescreens when I play for more then min System specs OS Windows XP professional SP Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mainboard EVGA -CK-NF -A LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Video Card PNY XLR VCG GTXXPB GeForce GTX G MB -bit GDDR Ram CORSAIR DOMINATOR GB I was wondering if there was anyway I could possibly check if all the hardware is still intact thank you for your time nbsp

A:Checking if hardware is faulty

Wouldn't hurt to reseat your RAM and vid card, and any other plug in cards. The heatsink may have came loose on your CPU or graphics card causing them to get hotter than normal, which may be a cause for a blue screen. I've never reseated a graphics card heatsink, but its probably less of a pita than a CPU one. Just remember if you reseat you are going to need to clean off the existing paste and reapply before seating it again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/checking-if-hardware-is-faulty.133632/
Relevancy 58.05%

My work computer I m the new admin person at a church where we have a network of computers -- wired and wireless laptop was vulnerable but I have only been working here for about months and didn t want to do Solved: work computer problems suspected anything too soon So last week Solved: work computer suspected problems I decided it was time I used Shield s Up and then secured the router s ports by changing them to stealth not open or closed And I downloaded what AV and malware detection and protection I am using at home WinPatrol Spyware Blaster Spybot Search amp Destroy AFT Cleaner and Arovax Shield The computer already had AVG Anti-Virus with auto update which I had to upgrade to the new version last week But AVG was all they were using before So one of the programs I installed Spyware Blaster I think found quot freezer quot malware viruses and something else I removed the traces but since then the computer has been acting very slowly and freezing on me I can t even use Cntrl Alt Del to get it to shut down I have to turn off the electricity It usually happens when it has been idle for minutes or more Upon rebooting the computer doesn t do a disk check One of the other computers on the network also has begun to freeze up I m wondering if I have found and deleted only fragments of a problem that the office computer was operating with and now the partially deleted problem is causing these new symptoms I am also wondering if the other computers on the network need to have all the software that I have downloaded to this computer to clean them up too so then don t just reinfect the computer I m using I ve never used a network before Thank you for your help I am attaching my HJT done this morning Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Kyocera FileUtility SFUSVC exe C Program Files Kyocera FileUtility nsCatCom exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Corel Corel Snapfire Plus Corel Photo Downloader exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Arovax Shield ArovaxShield exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Kyocera FileUtility NsCatCom exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent dsc exe C Program Files Internet ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-work-computer-suspected-problems.720802/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys My spec motherboard - gigabyte ga-z x-d h RAM - Gb Corsair CML GX M A C Graphics Card - msi gtx twin frozr overclock PSU - Corsair txm Windows G SSD HD TB SEAGATE CPU - i k Problem PC been fine for almost years haven t identifying hardware Need help (possibly) faulty changed anything for the past Need help identifying (possibly) faulty hardware weeks i Need help identifying (possibly) faulty hardware e no new hardware or software or windows update I was away for a few days went back home Hard crashed within few minutes i e ctrl-alt-del didn t work Windows reported Need help identifying (possibly) faulty hardware blue-screen error Looked around in safe mode device manager showed problem with graphics card Disabled graphics card Re-started windows looked ok except all graphics related programs still in p Went bought a new graphics card Put in the graphics card Clean installed the graphics driver Worked fine for a few hours Same problems again crashing problem with graphics card in device manger etc Then all the graphical output started to deteriorate Windows can no longer run in p the same in Ubuntu still normal in BIOS Then the problematic output spreaded to the screen before the Operating systems start i e in the option page to choose whether to go to the safe mode I took some pictures to demonstrate the problem http imgur com a a xsP Performed the memtest and no error was reported Any advice suggestion appreciated Many thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-identifying-possibly-faulty-hardware.1162282/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm not highly tech savvy but I will find out how to do anything needed.

Of the 20 odd times my pc has turned off - only the first time did I have BSOD. It might be unrelated as it was some weeks before this problem.

My computer turns off during any game I play. (And then when I try to turn it on sometimes is turns off) but it doesn't only turn off during games. The computer becomes warm, but not hot (a few months ago it got very hot, but I now use an underneath cooling fan).

After it switches off, sometimes it runs 'Pre-boot System Assessment 4124'.
The computer will always turn off when testing 'Memory - WCMch test'.

Does this mean there is something wrong my memory?

A:Windows 7 - Is it faulty hardware from these errors?

Inconclusive.

Please upload a report and in the mean time run these hardware tests
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...memtest86.html
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-is-it-faulty-hardware-from-these-errors-628599.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok this is just frustrating Home connection where broadband faulty setup? or Hardware problem connection is through Billion Bipac s then TP-Link -port M Fast Ethernet Switch Hardware problem or faulty setup? which connects to THREE laptops two running SP and one on SP if that matters This is the ipconfig all on the Dell with SP Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings -Me- Hardware problem or faulty setup? gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Inspired Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - C- -AB- A-F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday December P M Lease Expires Wednesday December PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - C-BF- D- E-F Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - D-D -E - -E This is the ipconfig all on the HP laptop with the problem network did not assign address Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings email protected gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name your- dedafe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - -D - C-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - - - - -FC Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -B - - Network adapters for the faulty HP laptop - Network Adapter -Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver -Intel R PRO VE Network Connection -Intel R PRO wireless ABG Network Connection all appeared to be working I have tried netsh int ip reset reset log and netsh winsock reset catalog on the HP laptop All pings shows destination host unreachable HP laptop was able to connect to the internet without any problems if plugged directly to the modem Billion Bipac s Please help nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Guys,

Just re-formatted a notebook for a friend because his would not open to windows. Well it would load but as soon as you could see the wallpaper it would freeze. The mouse would still work and you could see everything but nothing worked.

After re-formatting it and restarting it it does exactly the same thing!

Any ideas of whats causing this would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Relevancy 57.19%

I recently Faulty or Hardware? Graphics card other got Call of duty black ops Been playing the career amp online and the screen would start to freeze when getting into the game mins in other colours of objects in the game were also messed up for example the window would be fluro green This happened when i played Modern warfare and my theroy is that i have a faulty graphics card because this has happened freezing and random colours to blackops mw battlefield and some older games but im sure im wrong because im not so good with computers The freezing happens every Faulty Graphics card or other Hardware? - mins during Faulty Graphics card or other Hardware? online and to unfreeze the game i click CTRL ALT DELETE to bring it to the menu this unfreezes it and then i click cancel so i can carry on with the game Its not the games cause it happens on other games Ive downloaded all drivers and installed all updates for my computer Specs Nvidia GTX MB Intel Core i CPU GHz GHz RAM gb Windows - bit any opinion or tests i can do to ensure whats wrong with my computer cheers nbsp

A:Faulty Graphics card or other Hardware?

UPDATE:

I decided to leave the computer case open, and no freezing has been occuring, so im assuming its the graphics or something getting overheated..

so should i get a new computer fan or some sort?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-graphics-card-or-other-hardware.964016/
Relevancy 57.19%

Log - ComboFix - - - HP Ejer - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT Running from C Documents and Settings HP Ejer Skrivebord ComboFix exe Command switches used C Documents and Settings HP [SOLVED] Combofix computer Suspected with major - problems Log Ejer Skrivebord CFScript txt Created a new restore point FILE C WINDOWS system avpo exe Files Created from - - to - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS NirCmd exe - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS LastGood - - [SOLVED] Combofix Log - Suspected major problems with computer lt DIR gt d-------- C hl server - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer iTunes [SOLVED] Combofix Log - Suspected major problems with computer - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer iPod - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings HP Ejer Application Data Turbine - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data sentinel - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer Panda Security - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data e-Safekey - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers ShlDrv sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers PavProc sys - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer F lles filer Panda Software - - --a------ C WINDOWS system asprouni exe - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system ASPRO - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer Windows Media Connect - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system drivers UMDF - - lt DIR gt d-------- C temp - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer Microsoft CAPICOM - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system da-dk - - lt DIR gt d---s---- C Documents and Settings HP Ejer UserData - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings HP Ejer Application Data vlc - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings HP Ejer Contacts - - --a------ C WINDOWS system mucltui dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system muweb dll - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings HP Ejer Application Data WinRAR - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data FLEXnet - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings HP Ejer Application Data DivX - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer MagicDVDRipper - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data nView Profiles - - lt DIR gt d-------- C NVIDIA - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings HP Ejer Application Data SystemRequirementsLab - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer F lles filer Control Panels - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ALM - - --a------ C WINDOWS system NPSWF dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system NPSWF FlashUtil exe - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer Bonjour - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer F lles filer Macrovision Shared - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer Steam - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Deckard - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer SpywareBlaster - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system ActiveScan - - --a------ C WINDOWS system d dx dll - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer Codemasters - - --a------ C WINDOWS system hpsysdrv dat - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS I - - lt DIR gt dr------- C Documents and Settings Default User Menuen Start - - lt DIR gt dr------- C Documents and Settings All Users Menuen Start - - lt DIR gt dr------- C Documents and Settings All Users Dokumenter - - lt DIR gt d--h----- C Documents and Settings Default User Lokale indstillinger - - lt DIR gt dr------- C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Menuen Start - - lt DIR gt d--h----- C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Lokale indstillinger - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer MSXML - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data SlySoft - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system LogFiles - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings HP Ejer Application Data Creative - - lt DIR gt d----c--- C WINDOWS system DRVSTORE - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer LimeWire - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer F lles filer Apple - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Programmer Apple Software Update - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settin... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Combofix Log - Suspected major problems with computer

Can you post a new HJT log please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-combofix-log-suspected-major-problems-with-computer-184729.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other i believe is faulty hardware, i first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so i decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, i dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

A:Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-faulty-hardware.172172/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an Asus laptop currently running Windows 10 (upgraded from 8). I have trouble with faulty hardware corrupted page blue screens which happen at seemingly random intervals and during various tasks. They happened before and after the Windows upgrade. A PC shop has confirmed all my hardware is in good order, I recently ran a driver scanner to get everything up to date, but still the same problem. Can anyone help?
I'm not too familiar with using system files and such, so detailed instructions are very welcome. Thanks!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/faulty-hardware-corrupted-page-blue-screen-4598970/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am having bsod problems and the problem of the bsod is FAULTY HARDWARE CORRUPTED PAGE. I did a restore factory settings from the windows 10 options like 1 month ago. After I got the bsod , I ran a malwarebytes full scan and no threats detected. So far I gotten 4 bsods.
Ram 6GB Graphics Card Nvidia GTX 960 Processor AMD FX 6100 SIX CORE 1TB HDD and 500GB HDD Windows 10 Pro 64 BIT

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57102-bsod-problem-faulty-hardware-corrupted-page.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys today a customer brought back an Asus netbook The problem was on boot up windows always went to system repair I think thats what its called it was mandatory to run and stays on that page After inspecting the netbook there was quite a big crack on the bottom of the laptop so obviously has been dropped Anyway I said I would give it a go in fixing but this is what has happened so far I ran system restore to see if that helps after getting to the netbook restarted but would always Windows 0%... faulty Potential hardware? Copying files come up bootmgr is missing I ran system restore once more and this time after it got to it restarted and this time came up with the error boot bcd error xc e It says to run a repair using a disc I ran the windows Copying Windows files 0%... Potential faulty hardware? starter disc and used system repair and it came up saying saying everything was successful I decided to reformat using the disc the hard drive appears and everything Copying Windows files 0%... Potential faulty hardware? is normal I format the hard drive and then continue to reinstall The installation is stuck on the whole time and I know the disc works fine I used a second disc to make sure but again it sticks on I am sure the damage on the back has done something to brake the laptop I am just not sure what When I go to format the hard drive it appears in the list so its present and seems to be working At the disc just isn't even spinning Any help would be appreciated Thank you

A:Copying Windows files 0%... Potential faulty hardware?

Might want to run a HDD diagnostic from the manufacture's hard drive website .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/283385-copying-windows-files-0-potential-faulty-hardware.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Good day,

I have had these 2 BSODs in the past few days on a fresh Windows 10 Pro install (not upgraded from 8.1). Attached are the dump files and they also happened while I was using Chrome. Hope there's a fix for this as it doesn't make sense for a fresh install to have this many BSODs.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50888-irql_not_less_or_equal-faulty-hardware-corrupted-page-bsods.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello.
Eh getting weird problem with Windows 10 Pro.

So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue? Coincidence ?

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i need 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD. I run HD TUNE but no errors and CrystalDiskInfo Smart is fine 100% GOOD. Rams are 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhhz.

Memtest86 not showing errors.

So its a hardware related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

A:Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty

That error could raise due to various reasons of causes like corruption in the registry, or file system or something.

Is the firmware of your SSD updated?

Could you show some screenshots of HD Tune?

Diagnostics Test

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run following tests
Short Drive Self TestShort genericLong generic
If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
scan for errors, no quick scan but full scancheck the health,benchmark.
It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
Let me know what the results are
of the error scan,make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,post screenshots with the benchmark of the
transfer rate,access time,burst rate,cpu usage.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41695-windows-10-automatic-repair-after-memtest-session-hardware-faulty.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello.
Eh getting weird problem with Windows 10 Pro.

So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue? Coincidence ?

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i need 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD. I run HD TUNE but no errors and CrystalDiskInfo Smart is fine 100% GOOD. Rams are 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhhz.

Memtest86 not showing errors.

So its a hardware related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

A:Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty

That error could raise due to various reasons of causes like corruption in the registry, or file system or something.

Is the firmware of your SSD updated?

Could you show some screenshots of HD Tune?

Diagnostics Test

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run following tests
Short Drive Self TestShort genericLong generic
If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
scan for errors, no quick scan but full scancheck the health,benchmark.
It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
Let me know what the results are
of the error scan,make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,post screenshots with the benchmark of the
transfer rate,access time,burst rate,cpu usage.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/41695-windows-10-automatic-repair-after-memtest-session-hardware-faulty.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I suspect I may have a hardware problem with my computer but I don't know how to diagnose it It's an XP Pro SP desktop machine AMD cpu with a Nvidia GPU When I try (safe suspected mode) problem hardware to boot up windows it goes along a ways and then just shuts off But I can start it in safe mode and it runs It's just that once in safe mode I don't know how to figure out what suspected hardware problem (safe mode) the problem is I have the original XP Pro install disk not SP and I swapped in a new hard drive and tried to install XP on it The install seemed to work until it got to the point of installing devices Right about when it said it had minutes left and the progress bar was about way across the same shutdown thing happened I tried to restart the install a few times It does this with repeatable consistency at exactly the same place So my guess is that there must be a hardware problem since it happens on a completely fresh install from suspected hardware problem (safe mode) the OEM Microsoft disk But nothing tells me what hardware Is there maybe some log files I can check I really suspected hardware problem (safe mode) don't want to pull the machine apart bit by bit hunting randomly for the problem It's not worth that -- I would probably rather just buy a new computer rather than do that

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/suspected-hardware-problem-safe-mode-1059322.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am randomly hearing serious audio distortions on my PC which cause sounds to sound like echoes, static and buzzing have been added to the audio. The original will be played with the distortions over it.

I have tested my headphones in a laptop for about half an hour playing music without incident.
I have tried using Audacity to record the sounds produced by my PC by using a loopback feature and it fails to catch the distortions.
I have also been watching the resource monitor in task manager and have seen nothing unusual.
I have tried downloading driver updates.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and Turtle beach z60.
I am not sure what system information is needed but will add any other required information.

Am I correct in assuming this is going to be a hardware problem? I just can't figure it out beyond what I have done so far. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-issues-suspected-to-be-caused-by-hardware.1156539/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I suspect a virus on my wife s HP s with Vista -bit Basic laptop I m writing from my home PC I cannot boot the laptop normally In quot safe mode quot I can t run any of the virus-bashing software I ve downloaded from my PC via USB memory stick I can boot from Ubuntu via CD or USB but again cannot run any exe files I can access wireless internet with Ubuntu but network activation via quot safe mode with networking quot is not possible Device Manager has also just started showing extra network devices including isatap I suppose reinstalling Windows might be the way to go but the laptop came ready-configured Suspected virus lots booting of trouble - so there are no Windows CDs Any help would be great Many thanks Here are the logs Hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C windows Explorer EXE H HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect Suspected virus - lots of booting trouble hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale fr fr amp c amp bd all amp pf cmnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Suspected virus - lots of booting trouble file C Users Anne Documents Anne's birthday present birthday html R - HKLM Software Suspected virus - lots of booting trouble Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale fr fr amp c amp bd all amp pf cmnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale fr fr amp c amp bd all amp pf cmnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO BHO Startup - B- B - C- A - C F - C Program Files Hewlett-Packard File Sanitizer IEBHO dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools - DF F DB- C - D - -B D EC - c Program Files Hewlett-Packard IAM Bin ItIEAddIn dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run Sidebar C P... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suspected-virus-lots-of-booting-trouble.963936/
Relevancy 53.32%

Windows xp media center edition sp Hi I was on here about a month ago and got some excellent help from one of you fine people on this site So after I clicked to quot restart my computer after an adobe reader update quot the next time I turned it on the computer completely froze after a few minutes of booting up After a few times of of up... Laptop suspected after a Freezes booting minute Virus this occuring I opened tasked manager to see what was going on and I noticed regsvr exe and regedit exe appear in the process list JUST before the computer freezes I am unable to do any of the scans listed in the quot read me quot thread because of how it freezes so quickly Laptop Freezes after a minute of booting up... Virus suspected I will attempt to do them in safe mode as I am able to get into safe mode without the freezing and post them in this post but Laptop Freezes after a minute of booting up... Virus suspected I just wanted to get this thread up as soon as possible in hopes of a quicker reply I am not totally convinced it is malware considering adobe reader updated may not have updated properly Anyhow thanks for taking the time to look at this and hopefully someone will be able to help me out Sorry about the double post tried to edit first post but could not find the edit option Anyhow I was able to complete both the DDS and GMER scan in SAFE MODE I forgot to mention in my first post that I do have access to an install disc CPU still freezing after few minutes of boot I know doing all the scans in safe mode does not let you see all the processes running that could be causing this to happen so hopefully this will be enough info DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Brad at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Disabled Updated D C B -C DC- F- EF - AF A EFF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ca uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp us mcafee com root learnmore learnmore asp close true amp lcode en-us uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - No File BHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO c b a - db - a -a cb-d bbfeb - PCTools Site Guard BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO b a d d- - c -a - df c ac - PCTools Browser Monitor BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - No File TB PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll TB C BBCD - AD- AD- - C EACC - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun Broadcom Wireless Manager UI c windows system WLTRAY exe mRun CTSVolFE exe quot c program files creative mixer CTSVolFE exe quot r mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun dla c windows system dla tfswctrl exe mRun PCTools FGuard c program files spyware doctor bdt FGuard exe mRun QuickTi... Read more

A:Laptop Freezes after a minute of booting up... Virus suspected

Bump please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-freezes-after-a-minute-of-booting-up-virus-suspected-603520.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all I am new here but am so far extremely impressed with the members know how and courtesy in helping others For quite hardware BSOD related suspected attached - Random minidump some time now I have been experiencing blue screen crashes randomly I have little programs installed and most regularly use the computer for playing Random BSOD - suspected hardware related minidump attached WarThunder and occasionally Battlefield Although sometimes the BSOD occurs just browsing the web or even at idle There Random BSOD - suspected hardware related minidump attached is no frequency attached to the issue with sometimes hours or sometimes days passing without incident It is also worth mentioning that quite often after a crash my machine will just go into an infinite boot loop without ever reaching POST or BIOS This continues until I cut the power and restart in which case it may do the same again an indefinite amount of times or just spring into life as normal I have not tried any overclocking and temperature monitoring software shows perfectly acceptable readings throughout The crashes got so bad about months ago that I gave up using the machine I would now like to get to the bottom of the issue so have started the fault finding process I will attach the minidump files as far back as they go as I said some months now If there is any further resources I could share to help anyone who knows what they are looking for I would be more than happy Lastly I am semi proficient in computing and my machine is home built I accept switching out hardware may be needed EDIT I have used Command Prompt to run a SFC scannow but it has found no integrity violations I am just trying to successfully run a DM Log which I will post next

A:Random BSOD - suspected hardware related minidump attached

Here is the DM log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349016-random-bsod-suspected-hardware-related-minidump-attached.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Firstly I should ask if it was OK to redirect this problem here it was originally Sudden complete random hardware suspected. freeze/hang, in Windows XP http forums techguy org windows-n -sudden-complete-freeze-hang html post but a lot of things have been ruled out including I would guess Windows itself as the problem is occurring with a fresh copy of windows before I have even connected to the internet In summary more rambling info in the other post I started to get these hangs in which the screen would freeze even pressing ctrl-alt-delete achieved nothing I had to force the machine off and restart I was eventually getting several per day sometimes several in a row as soon as my desktop was loaded and after restarting after every hang in the system event viewer I got an error message citing a pdf writer I had downloaded for free from a site which I found offered no support More info on that in the other post but I have since wiped the HD clean and still get the hang I have blown out the dust especially from the cpu heatsink and in the bios setup the temp is given as deg C I have ran memtest several Sudden complete random freeze/hang, hardware suspected. times no error found and have tried removing each RAM card in turn I got less hangs when only the card was in but I assumed that was because the whole thing was running extremely slowly I have run the manufacturers diag for the Samsung HDD no error found DOS seems to work OK Sudden complete random freeze/hang, hardware suspected. I was unable to get the manufacturers recovery program to run past the stage where it reformatted to NTFS and it may have been hanging there too I was given a new installation of windows XP pro at this time which loaded successfully but shortly after I started to get the old hangs only this time there is no associated error message in the event viewer Could it be graphics On the other hand does the fact that I can t get out of the hang with ctrl-alt-del indicate oherwise I ws getting occasional shutdowns and quot system recovered from a serious error quot scenarios which advised to update the graphics driver and I always reloaded the latest driver even though it was the same one every time as support ended years ago Is there a diag test for graphics or could something on mobo be suspect With thanks Benaround nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

ive been experiencing need identifying part fault; help the random hardware BSODs, suspected random BSODs since some - weeks first just a few came random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part up then suddenly stopped for more than a random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part week and then started again i have done lots of HDD RAM amp video memory checks and neither indicated any damage to these parts but since the BSODs are all memory-related i random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part suspect it to be the CPU memory controller or something between the CPU and the RAM or maybe the chipset or the connection between the RAM slots and the motherboard one symptom that is very special is that occasionally usually right after a crash one of my RAM modules doesnt get detected anymore of course i tried reseating them both using just one in each slot and using totally different RAM modules just to exclude the chance that the RAM modules or one of the two slots became defective regarding the BSODs the majority is error B with atikmdag sys however after having completely removed all AMD software and drivers and registry keys and installed a previous version of CCC and the GPU driver which used to work perfectly before having installed the most recent one beta and before the BSODs started to occur the BSODs reoccured so it definitely is not related to the GPU drivers but they just seem to be the first to suffer from the errors my suspicion regarding the CPU memory controller or something on the motherboard is strenghtened by the fact that this notebook has always had major heat issues due to its internal design just one fan and suboptimal placement of the hottest parts inside so i fear the heat might have caused damage mostly around - C sometimes when stressed very much like during gaming the CPU throttles when reaching C and the GPU when reaching C ive been cleaning the inside of the notebook regularily each - weeks since ive gotten it years ago and already repasted the CPU amp GPU times about months in between last time was end of may which may suggest that something went wrong last time i did the repasting job usually after repasting the temps went down noticeably and only after some - months i needed to blow the inside and maybe clean it a bit for the first time the specs are following windows ultimate bit sp custom freshly installed right after purchase so no OEM OS and no upgrade HP Envy D ea notebook i qm ATI mobility radeon gb kingston hyperx ram x gb seagate momentus xt gb HD i know there is almost certainly no hope for this notebook anymore but since there is no real alternative i would be willing to buy at the moment i would like to keep it alive for some additional months if anyhow possible then id go for a HP zbook mobile wirkstation so maybe if we can narrow the issue down to a single part i might be able to buy this exact part and replace it if eg a new CPU would do it just to prolong the notebook for these months this would be great btw the notebook is not completely dead now i am writing this thread from it and i can mostly avoid any BSODs by just not stressing it too much by browsing too many windows tabs etc surprisingly when gaming it only crashed once so i think the stress and heat that gaming produces is not the right one to produce the errors but having several browser windows open and eg a youtube video this almost certainly crashes after a while i am uploading the jcgriff folder perfmon report and additionally most of the minidumps ive saved from the last weeks so you can see that it is not restricted to a specific driver there you can also see the dates of the minidumps and how there was a gap with no errors for more than a week note i have no full memory dumps because of limited space on my primary partition why i neither have system managed page file on my c partition if really needed i can turn it on temporarily so a full memory... Read more

A:random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part

although i am quite sure this is a hardware issue, not a software/driver one, ive been running the driver verifier for some time now, and got some BSODs, so i am uploading them here now as well.

though as already said, i doubt this will help further, since the BSODs i get do not always recognize a driver, sometimes its just memory fault with no service identified, or in rare cases the system just turns off without a blue screen.

note: ive had the driver verifier select all installed drivers automatically, and not just non-microsoft ones, since quite often system kernel files such as win2k.sys are the ones mentioned in the BSOD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsods-suspected-hardware-fault-need-help-identifying-the-part-859185.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Since I moved to college I decided to ship the desktop I built to my apartment I had invested a decent amount into it so I didn't want to go many many months without using it I decided to ship it BSOD of amount After error hardware random suspected time, via USPS after taking it apart I thought that would have made it safe enough to ship but I was mistaken seeing as the packages were handled so poorly there is now a huge dent in the corner of my steel tower BSOD After random amount of time, suspected hardware error where the PSU is mounted Luckily I had invested in the insurance option and I got some money for damaged parts Unforunately for me I now get BSOD's when using my computer BSOD After random amount of time, suspected hardware error It can be anywhere from a crash during startup to BSOD After random amount of time, suspected hardware error minutes of fine usage before it dies I've only managed to see the details of the BSOD once always immediately starts up again and it said that there was a unrecoverable hardware error I suspect that it is the hard drive that is failing but then again I'm no expert at hardware issues and figured that this would be a good place to start I want to know which parts I need to replace to get it fully functioning again I hope that it is just the HDD as I am just a poor college student Any help is greatly appreciated -rootxv

A:BSOD After random amount of time, suspected hardware error

Bump, also if someone could point out another place I might find some more info/help that would be awesome too! I'm not sure how to analyze the retrieved bsod logs unfortunately

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355271-bsod-after-random-amount-time-suspected-hardware-error.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All I have been stuck in the quot startup repair infinite Suspected system corrupt preventing booting 32 files from laptop loop quot as this forum seems to call it I have tried the tutorial written by Dzomlija but that was ineffective I have no problems when going through the tutorial but the end result did not materialize The sizes of the files listed in the system One of the problem files was identified as quot tcpip sys quot apparently indicating a virus of some kind I have been unable to boot for a couple of weeks now and as I can't seem to find the license for my windows I'm not sure Suspected corrupt system 32 files preventing laptop from booting how I'd even go about reinstalling windows legitimately Suspected corrupt system 32 files preventing laptop from booting I am able to boot and access files using Ubuntu which to me suggests that the problem doesn't lie with the hardware possibly a good sign as the laptop is not within warranty I've tried using a windows installation disc to repair the files but was not given the option of quot repair your computer quot when I booted from the Windows Bit Home Premium disc Any help would be appreciated more information can be given if you tell me what's relevant Thanks

A:Suspected corrupt system 32 files preventing laptop from booting

the license number for your copy should be in the sleeve or case that the windows 7 disc came in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/316986-suspected-corrupt-system-32-files-preventing-laptop-booting.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I m not even sure what to title this I have a Dell Optiplex G that I bought back in I was running Win SE until about two weeks ago I lost internet access when I upgraded my Zone Alarm firewall I got my internet access back for about a week then lost it again After talking to techs at Dell and my broadband access company the concensus was that I had lost my network drivers Because I didn t have internet access to download any drivers I upgraded to Win XP thinking this would fix the problem HA I still didn t have internet access After numerous more calls to companies someone buy Should a problems. Hardware I computer? new suggested that my network card was bad I plugged in a new one and had internet access But I could not play my music files or listen to the radio I had sound I could hear Hardware problems. Should I buy a new computer? sounds when I ran diagnostic checks just not usable sound Turns out that the sound card sold with this computer is not XP compatible It looked like I had the following options buy a new sound card--which I didn t want to do because I really don t want to put any more money into this machine buy a new computer--what a waste Hardware problems. Should I buy a new computer? of what was a perfectly operational computer the one I have now or re-install Win SE since the sound and internet had worked just fine before the zone alarm network card crashes I haven t had any trouble with and it allows me to do all I want to do on my computer so I uninstalled WinXP and re-installed Win Now Win opens every time saying that I have a plug and play device that needs to be installed my Sohoware ethernet card I don t have a disk with drivers for this card and apparently the drivers that are on my Win disk aren t the right ones or aren t recognized or something I keep running through the install wizard and can t get this installed I can t download any drivers of course since without the ethernet card I once again don t have internet access I would like to add a piercing scream of frustration here but don t know how to spell it I can t download anythng at work so I really don t have access to a computer where I can download things I also don t have a modem installed do I need one to run the ethernet device--I didn t think so but I have pretty much lost confidence in anything I knew about computers since the zone alarm network card things Since XP recognized and installed this ethernet card is it possible for me to reinstall XP find the driver on that software package copy it over to my other hard disk and then copy it back when I reinstall SE again Or is that a really convoluted approach to the problem I could just buy a new computer--what do you think nbsp

A:Hardware problems. Should I buy a new computer?

If the machine does everything you want, we just need to find you the drivers. What model is the SOHO card? ND4300 or SFA110A or something else? What kind of sound card? These answers can tell us what we think is the best way to go.

Let us know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-problems-should-i-buy-a-new-computer.431685/
Relevancy 52.46%

I just built my own computer, had no problems. Turned to building my friends computer, and everything has gone crazy.

I get a post code of FF.
Specs:
HD : Seagate 160GB 7200\
CD/DVD : Lite-on SOHC-5233K
512 MB PC 3200 DDR (2)
Vid Card : Diamond Stealth Radeon 9250
Motherboard : EPOX EP-8NPA SLI
Processor : Athlon 64 3400+

As far as I can see, everything is connected properly, but when I turn on the tower to boot the XP CD to install, the moniter shows nothing, and I get a code of FF. I've read what FF means, however, none of it makes sense to what I'm working with. Help?

A:Having problems with computer booting

Welcome to techspot!

Before you power on, are there any LED lights lit up on the motherboard? What color?

When you hit the power button, what exactly happens? Specifically:
1. Do the fans start up?
2. Does the LED light on the motherboard color change?
3. Do you hear any beeps?
4. Can you get into the bios?

Also, please give us your PSU info. Make/watts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-computer-booting.50696/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there,

My HP computer with Windows 7 is having a hard time booting up lately. I have done the system restore several times and can then finally login to the computer but once I turn it off the process repeats over and over again. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Computer Booting Problems

May you please provide us some more details ?
Have you got any error message? if so, what message ?
Can you see the Windows Start-up Screen ?
Would your system stop working with a black screen or not ?
When exactly this problem occurred ? I mean in which Level/State? Before Windows Starts-Up/After that and before Windows-Login Screen ? Or...
Please describe your problem .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-booting-problems.1056201/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

My PC's been running Windows XP fine for a while now, however over the last couple of days I've been having some troubles booting.

The problem goes something like this. I switch the PC on, all the mumbo-jumbo on screen is fine until it reaches the windows xp logo. The logo with blue loading bar appears, seems to load fine and then hits a greyish screen which is as far as the computer loads. It is stopping just before it reaches the user accounts screen.

The computer loads perfectly fine in safe mode everytime without a hitch, however I have to try about ten times before it will boot normally.

If anyone knows why my PC has suddenly started having problems booting normally, yet will boot fine in safe mode, their help would be much appreciated!

Andrew

A:Problems Booting Computer

Ok have youy installed anything new on the machien software/hardware??? If not try this go into safe mode and the the run command typein msconfig once this has opened go to the start up tab and remove all the ticks in the boxes then save changes and exit. Boot the machien up in normal mode which now should work and then go run msconfig again and just add each tick to the boxes one at a time and reboot. Will take time but you will be able to find out which start up process is causing the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-booting-computer.588175/
Relevancy 52.46%

hey, this is my first post but i am very familiar with computers... the problem i am having is:
i just got a new barebone from pcboost.com and it came and worked perfectly
but one day the motherboard fried... stop booting up but gfx was fine
i sent the mb + cpu back to the company and i just recieved it back
i put it in and when i tried to start it up the fan would turn on for like a second but imediately shut back off.. i tried another powersupply but that didnt help it just did the same thing

well any help would be really appreciated

thanx guys

Relevancy 52.46%

My girlfriend s computer won t boot up properly at all She was just playing The Sims when her computer just abruptly shut down She was puzzled tried rebooting it and nothing would load up I had to swap the monitor from the video card to the integrated to be computer Problems up booting able to view anything on the monitor Basically whenever I try Problems booting up computer to Problems booting up computer start Windows either in last config safe mode or normal they all end up the same locking up or freezing If I leave the computer alone it will boot up and when it finishes loading the win xp bar line thing moves Problems booting up computer left to right it will just reboot I tested to see if the computer could read boot a win xp cd and it did I tried doing repair from the CD but I got a blue screen proclaiming an error about possible new hardware software A friend suggested the hard drive might be dead I havn t gotten a chance to look at it yet but I was wondering if there are any suggestions or ideas that I might be willing to try I m going to attempt to unhook her HD and place it into my comp to test and find out if the HD is truly dead but if it isn t then I m not quite sure what to do Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Problems booting up computer

If the PC has a floppy drive you could try a Windows 98 SE boot diskette to find out if the PC is working at all. You can download Windows 98 SE boot diskette from: www.bootdisk.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-booting-up-computer.565213/
Relevancy 52.46%

hey, this is my first post but i am very familiar with computers... the problem i am having is:
i just got a new barebone from pcboost.com and it came and worked perfectly
but one day the motherboard fried... stop booting up but gfx was fine
i sent the mb + cpu back to the company and i just recieved it back
i put it in and when i tried to start it up the fan would turn on for like a second but imediately shut back off.. i tried another powersupply but that didnt help it just did the same thing

well any help would be really appreciated

thanx guys

A:new computer problems with booting

Send it back again. I know you'd rather not do that or you wouldn't be here, but isn't that really the best idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-problems-with-booting.307832/
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer is acting very strange recently It has refused to boot from a cold boot where its been off for a few hours before trying to has Computer problems booting! be started without considerable fiddling Also its not Computer has problems booting! just one reason ostensibly I have been told that XP s kernel is missing it has stopped at the blinking cursor right after POST before my raid card s bios utility not even given video output and stopped at the black screen right before the XP logo shows up I recently moved my computer into my new case antec got it for from newegg on black friday but that was not when the problems started they started a while after that After the computer boots up its fine no crashes freezes instability and it can run as long as I want it too And Im not sure if this is important but the LCD poster on the back of my motherboard is messed up parts of it aren t working i can still read it but its messed up i just noticed it when all this stuff started so it might be related I m sorry if this is the wrong place but Im really not sure what could be causing this I think it might be the psu but then why would my system work fine the rest of the time very confused D nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-has-problems-booting.94320/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi. I was shuting down my computer, suddenly the log off screen just froze on me. After numerous minutes I tried manually turning it off but it wouldn't work. I then had no choice but to unplug my computer.

When I started up my computer again, it makes the powering up sound over and over again and starts beeping and nothing appears on screen.

What might have happened and how can I fix the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-booting-problems.892337/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everyone Today I was playing a video game and then all Computer problems booting of a sudden I experienced a BSOD I started my computer again and I can't get into Windows It just says quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change may be the cause quot or something similar There have been Computer booting problems no major changes of either recently on my part Computer booting problems so maybe some hardware has broken - how do I find out what it might be Keep in mind that I'm not that familiar with building PCs I tried putting in my Windows installation disc and booting with it but it just does nothing when I select it and returns to the black screen saying Windows failed to start it couldn't find winload exe blah blah I try the Windows memory diagnostic or whatever and it does say that a hardware problem was found but again I don't know how to find what the problem is I went into bios and it by SATA it says quot not detected quot so maybe it's my hard drive My specs are Windows Home Premium bit ATI Radeon mb Intel Dual core e GB Seagate Barracuda Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-booting-problems-622422.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer have problems with booting up.
When I start my computer, all the light of the motherboard gives light but nothing happen.
There nothing on my screen it makes no sound just nothing.
But when I try to start my computer again after 3min or something it will boot up.
Anybody know how I can fix this?

And I have another problem.
My computer just came back from reparation and they changed my RAM. I use windows 7 ultimate 64bit and I use 8gb RAM. My computer says i've installed 8gb but it can only use 3.5gb. Any help please :)

By the way, my computer didnt have this problems before the reparation(i've already sent a e-mail to to seller)

A:My computer has problems with booting

Hi-

Are both problems on the same pc? if so see bellow:
Being that the problem occurred after the laptop was sent to the repair shop you should send it back as the no screen, no sound means that its definitely hardware, and most likely the store did something, accident or not.

If not, see here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f255...em-171424.html
Regards,

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-computer-has-problems-with-booting-535802.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everyone Today I was playing problems Help, booting computer a video game and then all of a sudden I experienced a BSOD I started Help, computer booting problems my computer again and I can t get into Windows It just says quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change may be the cause quot or something similar There have been no major changes of either recently on my part so maybe some hardware has broken - how do I find out what it might be Keep in mind that I m not that familiar with building PCs I tried putting in my Windows installation disc and booting with it but it just does nothing when I select it and returns to the black screen saying Windows failed to start it couldn t find winload exe blah blah I try the Windows memory diagnostic or whatever and it does say that a hardware problem was found but again I don t know how to find what the problem is I went into bios and it by SATA it says quot not detected quot so maybe it s my hard drive My specs are Windows Home Premium bit ATI Radeon HD mb Intel Dual core e GB Seagate Barracuda Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Help, computer booting problems

I tried putting in my Windows 7 installation disc and booting with it but it just does nothing when I select it and returns to the black screen saying Windows failed to startClick to expand...

You're sure you were booting to the DVD? I think even with Windows 7 you get a very brief time to "hit any key to boot from the optical drive."

I try the Windows memory diagnostic or whatever, and it does say that a hardware problem was found,Click to expand...

If the memory diagnostic found a hardware problem it's almost definitely the memory. If you have multiple RAM chips sufficiently large try booting or the diagnostic with just one (or fewer). If it was "whatever" then it's kinda hard to guess the problem.

I went into bios and it by SATA 1 it says "not detected" so maybe it's my hard drive?Click to expand...

Agreed; and I think that is consistent with "Windows failed to start."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-booting-problems.1034544/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

After a very long while. I got two components for finishing my computer. However, I put all the hardware in and nothing happened. There is nothing on the screen. No light on anything.

When I put in a floppy disk, I get this screwy nosie. I can't even use the CDRW drive to boot up? What is the problem? How can I fix it?
Here are my specs:

Abit Be62 (I don't know the version).
-DIMMs 256MB 133Mhrtz and a 64 100Mhrtz ( I know both sticks work)
-Floopy generic (I know it works so that is not a problem)
-PIII 750e
-Maxtor 40gig 5400 drive OEM (haven't tested, but just go it)
-Geforce2 MX 400

Relevancy 52.03%

I have been having these problems with my computer for quite some time now and I have no idea what could have been the cause Problem When I have my music playing and I open another program the sound like lags up real bad when its opening the program like it is loading so much the audio cuts off at parts This happens like with any program really from firefox to dreamweaver Some programs don t do it like ventrilo Problem When my computer is running for a little while with some programs open probably over an hour or two it starts to freeze up momentarily The freezes get longer and closer together until finally it either shows the blue screen of death or just stays frozen to where I have to turn it off manually Sometimes when I start the computer it can t locate my CD drive or my internal hard drive or sometimes other components like my external HDD Please help me fix these thanks very much nbsp

A:Few Computer Problems (audio/other hardware)

hi bgallz

First things first ..... please run through the 8-step guide which can be found here .... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html .... and post your logs in the Virus and Malware removal section of the forum. Also, please attach your minidumps to this thread so we can have a look at them for you - read this post before posting dumps .... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/few-computer-problems-audio-other-hardware.127380/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm hardware upgrade! after problems Computer not that good in english but I'll try my best because here in Finland we do not have too many good Win forums Okay problem question is that I just recently upgraded my computers motherboard cpu and memorys I did not make any changes to Win Ultimate x after the upgrade and was amazed that everything worked like a charm just after the first boot But recently there have been some problems for an example Silverlight Computer problems after hardware upgrade! netstreams does not work and they just give me some errorcode can't remember exact code right now but it meant that streaming ain't working because of some DRM-problems and such because of 'changed Computer problems after hardware upgrade! computers parts' so all in all my question is that is it wise to run Win just like that after HW upgrade or should I do clean install I know that clean install is wisest thing to do but I have SO much stuff installed etc so that it wouldn't be such an easy task I remember that when I had Win and for an example upgraded motherboard cpu it was enough to remove some things from device manager and after that everything worked like a charm But is there any that kind of solution when upgrading Win machines hardware

A:Computer problems after hardware upgrade!

Uninstall Silverlight.

Re-activate your Windows 7 (it is likely not activated after those hardware changes).

Re-install Silverlight.

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/184130-computer-problems-after-hardware-upgrade.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone The title says it all and let me explain This is my first time building a computer from scratch and on this forum and I ve run into a couple of problems Computer New Brand Problems Hardware I m going to try to be as detailed as possible so it might be a little bit lengthy I was able to install Windows professional install the mobo drivers graphics card driver and a few games and some programs As far as I can tell everything was fine One problem I noticed was whenever I plug anything in the I O Panel usb PS Ethernet etc while the computer is on the computer freezes and I would have to restart the Brand New Computer Hardware Problems computer by pressing the power button Afterwards it would work fine with the new wire plugged in However there are times where the monitor randomly goes blank and I m forced to press the power button Only this time once I restart the computer it says no DVI signal and just stays Brand New Computer Hardware Problems there From that point I ve tried to unplug the power supply monitor and replug them in Still the same problem I then open the case and replug back in the the front panel connectors while double checking all the remaining wires to make sure they re securely fastened The only solution I ve found so far was to reconnect everything EXCEPT the power to the graphics card and plug the DVI cable into the Motherboard DVI slot motherboard has an intergrated graphics card It would then boot up as normal but would still have the random blank screens from time to time After I successfully boot up with the DVI cable into the motherboard and the power supply not connected to the graphics card I would shut down the computer and replug back in the graphics card and it would work fine In addition the antec case in the front has a blue light when it is powered on Sometimes when I turn on the machine the Brand New Computer Hardware Problems light doesn t display even though it is plugged it and I noticed that it always says no DVI signal when this happens What I ve done was to replug the front panel connections as mentioned in above paragraph and then the light sometimes turns on when it is on the computer will generally boot up normally and sometimes not turn on resulting in DVI no signal So in addition to the random blank screens sometimes when booting up it would freeze pretty randomly sometimes at bios screen login screen desktop screen resulting in pressing the power button to shut it down However afterwards when I try to restart it it says DVI no signal My solution has been to replug the wires back in and repeat the process mentioned above and sometimes it works So to sum it up my main problem is getting a stable connection whether it is blank screen or freezing screen I ve tried my monitor on other computers and it works fine so I don t think it is the monitor problem My own conclusion is that either my motherboard has some problems or my graphics card Lastly I was wondering if one would have to buy a separate motherboard speaker for the beeping sound as it seems that I don t have a wire for that motherboard has a slot for it but I just don t have the wire Hopefully what I ve said has shed some insight to my problem and not cause any confusion Thank you for your time and reading my post Here are the computer specs Motherboard ASUS M A LT-M AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Memory Crucial GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model CT KIT BA Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Hard Drive -Bare Drive Graphics Card XFX HD- X-ZNLC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card CD ROM Drive SONY Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU S- B - OEM Power Supply OCZ W MODXSTREAM-PRO Case Antec Mini Tower http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I am helping my wife straighten out her computer I have run hijackthis and the suggested dds We appreciate your help Please let me know if you need additional info First the hijackthis log then the dds txt I ran the dds first and have been working on the startup programs in the meantime using the suggested download ThanksDJLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform computer, Slow booting problems Windows XP Slow computer, problems booting SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Slow computer, problems booting WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Slow computer, problems booting system svchost exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Common Files AOL EE aolsoftware exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpSvc exec PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exeC WINDOWS system notepad exeC PROGRA AMERIC shellmon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dllO - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dllO - HKLM Run D-Link AirPlus G C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirGCFG exeO - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeO - HKLM Run MPFExe C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall MPfTray exeO - HKLM Run masqform exe C Program Files PureEdge Viewer masqform exe -UpdateCurrentUserO - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot... Read more

A:Slow computer, problems booting

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. Also please explain your problem as fully as possible. Each little detail will help in getting your system cleaned up and functional again.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scans:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the ch... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197064/slow-computer-problems-booting/
Relevancy 52.03%

I AM VERY SORRY IF THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT POSTING AREA, I didn't know where to put it.
Trying to boot from a (fully functioning and working USB drive), Has win7 on it.
Problem: Won't boot from USB (or setup to boot from USB is not working or incorrect on my part)
First Boot Device: [USB-ZIP]
I keep running into the error: a disk read error occurred (press ctrl-alt-del to restart), however, if I startup without usb it prompts me to insert the CD and press enter (still wont work)
I have some pictures attached at the bottom.

A:Booting problems (previously Win XP computer)

I have that problem because it is looking for a USB ZIP drive and not a flash drive. I believe your BIOS is too old to boot to a USB flash drive so you have to create a Boot CD with a boot manager called PLOP. Burn the iso file with a burning software like IMGburn or somthing that can burn an iso file. Attach your flash drive and boot with the PLOP CD. You will see a boot manager. Use the arrow keys to scroll down to USB, hit enter. It should find your attached USB flash drive and boot if you have correctly installed WIN7 as bootable on your flash drive. Doing this I was able to boot from a USB flash drive from a BIOS that has no USB flash drive support.

You want to download the 5.0.14 zip file  and extract the iso file. You can find out more reading the documentation.

http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanagers.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518748/booting-problems-previously-win-xp-computer/
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer sometimes get "stuck" at any random point in booting up. Sometimes at the windows xp screen, sometimes right after the mobo post. I have to reset it and then it might boot up, or it might get stuck again. Sometimes if I reset and it will boot to the OS options screen and if I select "last settings that worked", it will boot up every time like that. Sometimes it will just boot. Once the computer has booted, it runs perfect as usual.

Where should I start? I'm not quite ready for a reformat yet and I don't want to do that in case it is hardware. Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] Computer has problems booting.

Scratch that, now it just BSOD's and restarts right after the Windows XP screen no matter what. But it will boot in to safe mode just fine everytime.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-has-problems-booting-451658.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone I made an account especially for this problem I have Yesterday I was playing some games on my computer and all was fine and nothing was wrong I went to sleep after turning off my computer and still there was nothing wrong But when I woke up booting computer Problems Solved: my and after some time I turned my computer back on it did not boot up It did turn on but it did not go much further than that When I try to press f or f for Set-up or Boot options it does not work what does happen is if I am quick enough and spam enough it does highlight the pressed option but does not show any kind of progress or menu Normally when it boots up he makes beep quickly after turning it on and then it goes to the first boot-up screen where you see the large Dell icon and under that you see the word Inspiron just on top of a small Solved: Problems booting my computer bar that fills up But today it did not go like that At first I did not hear the beep but I did not hear that What I did notice is that when I came back I went to the Solved: Problems booting my computer bathroom and just before that I already turned my computer on I saw that it was still stuck on that first screen This was not normally happening and after waiting another minutes and not making any progress I decided to turn off my computer by pressing and holding the on off button After that I waited for a bit and turned it back on but still nothing happened I repeated it a few times more but it did not help So now I am stuck with my laptop which is absolutely not a good laptop and hoping for a way to fix it Also about a month ago I had opened up my computer to clean it I did it very carefull piece by piece cleaning out the dust because my pc was somewhat overheating After I did that I made sure it all fitted back as it should ve I even made photos of it before starting to make sure I could put it back together properly The main thing I noticed afterwards is that my pc made a lot more noise because it could cool more and better with fans not covered in dust But aside from that I never faced any other problems regarding this problem right now Neither do I remember installing downloading anything yesterday The information I can give you about my pc is rather limited because that is not really in my interest of knowing what it is and it s been some time since I ve purchased it It is an Dell Inspiron I use Windows and if I m right something with x The latest gamess like battlefield are totally out of reach for my computer to handle only at a resolution of - and everything on low it shows a normal fps But skyrim in - with everything on medium slightly low does go well I hope this is enough information for someone tho understand what is wrong and who is able to help me with this If you notice any strange English sentences don t blame me please English is not my native language nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

To start off with I'm not all that great with computers for a little while now the computer has been suffering badly from random freezing up restarting itself multiple times in a row and lots of different BSOD's As and BSOD's computer. booting problems of recently there's been a real struggle to even get it to boot properly alot of the time it'll crash at the very first screen and some white lines or dots will flash across it if it does happen to BSOD's and problems booting computer. get past the first screen it either restarts itself or crashes at the 'loading windows' screen Sometimes there'll be BSOD's and problems booting computer. a blank screen with a message saying either 'detecting arrays' or that the BIOS settings have been set to default or sometimes just a string of 's It also does a short beep and then a long beep if it's been restarting itself too much even though once it did just do one constant beep I really have no idea what's wrong with it and don't even know where to begin with trying to fix it i've done all the windows updates but it's still not working properly I'd appreciate it if someone could help try to find the cause of this as I can't understand what alot of these errors even mean Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor CPUs GHz Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion System Model KA AA-ABU a uk BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Memory MB RAM Page file MB used MB available DirectX version DirectX On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x CC Bugcheck code xD xFFFFFFFFFECF E x x xFFFFFFFFFECF E Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code xD xFFFFFFFFFECF E x x xFFFFFFFFFECF E Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x CC Bugcheck code xD xFFFFF ABB x xFFFFF F D x Error DRIVER PAGE FAULT BEYOND END OF ALLOCATION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates the driver accessed memory beyond the end of its pool allocation This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x CC Bugcheck code x E x x CA x x Error PFN LIST CORRUPT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that the page frame number PFN list is corrupted This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be id... Read more

A:BSOD's and problems booting computer.

Can you boot into safe mode with networking and follow this guide cherrydrop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186839-bsods-problems-booting-computer.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

My pc keaps rebooting during normal use. When i'm playing games or when i'm encoding video. Sometimes it hangs when I boot up, the mouse freezes and I have to manually reboot. I've reinstalled xp etc a few times but the problem is still there. I disabled my SATA HD and booted up with a normal 40 gig IDE drive with no problems seen as yet. Can a SATA HD cause this type of problem?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

A:Computer Re-booting problems SATA

check the " write an event to the system log" and uncheck the " automatic restart" check box
Go to Control Panel>Perfor..&Mainten..> System>Advanced Tab > Start up & Recovery
This will allow your system to write a error message or a file name if you get a BSOD.
Write down any file names or drivers that are mentioned adn then Post back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-re-booting-problems-sata.17912/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there I have recently been trying to repair my computer and I have five Questions/Tech 5 my Hardware Computer Problems of questions I would like to ask concerning some hardware issues I have experienced If you could point me in the general direction of the solution to the problem that would be greatly appreciated About weeks ago my computer wouldn 5 Hardware Questions/Tech Problems of my Computer t start up properly 5 Hardware Questions/Tech Problems of my Computer After progressing past the BIOS screen the monitor would go blank and in the top left corner of the screen a small box rotating between Digital Analogue would display like the monitor could not connect to the computer I can t remember now but I think the computer actually restarted and began the launch process again until it got to the start of the Windows XP loading screen where the same issue would appear Initially I thought this was a monitor or cable problem however I tested with different monitors and cables and the same issue persisted Eventually I gave up and took it to a computer repair service Apparently the problem was the hard drive which got corrupted Amusingly the technician wasn t sure the cause of the incident stating electrical damage He replaced my hard drive with a new one and transferred as much of the undamaged files from the old disc to the new one When I got home I tried the computer in the same electrical sockets that I normally used and it didn t work Though in a different socket it worked So I thought that since I used power socket for about appliances the electrical damage might have been caused from this overuse I switched around the allocation of my many appliances installed new cables for the monitor and power supply for both the computer and monitor After all this the computer functioned properly Though the issue still persists in a different manner Prior to the start up problem that I had rarely the monitor would go black and the same Digital Analogue box would appear in the top left during normal computer use The monitor would shut off and the music that I was playing would stop playing therefore the computer turned off The only way to get the computer back to full health would be to turn it off at the wall and start again Now this same issue is popping up again and it has happened three times so far today more than it usually had happened over a whole month period I m afraid it is again a prelude to the cataclysmic failure to launch problem So my questions are What is the cause of the start up issue I had two weeks ago the technician didn t really know himself What is the cause of this recent and reminiscent problem with the monitor shut off and consequent computer shut off during normal use Are these issues connected In the last week my computer has been sounding like a lawnmower Should I assume this is one of the fans How can I verify this About a year and a half ago I had an electrical surge during a thunderstorm and my monitor and power supply needed a replacement Luckily no data was lost though every time since then when I shut down the computer Windows would get to Windows is shutting down and it would simply stop there and not shut down fully I ve had to shut down fully using the power switch of my power supply I m afraid it might have done some damage What is the cause of this issue How can I fix it Following issue no I was told that some of the data on the corrupted hard drive was irretrievable Is it worth paying a different technician to try and recover some of the files Secondly how do you best back up files and programs in preparation for a computer problem I bought an external hard drive for a start are there any programs websites and so on that could help me with back up Does Steam have any services to save campaign data I lost my campaign progress in an excellent game I was playing I was told by the technician in issue no that my hardware is unstable Specifically he referenced to issue no which he noticed but I d im... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-hardware-questions-tech-problems-of-my-computer.976391/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I have a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P running Windows Vista -bit There has been a persistent problem almost ever since problems randomly Computer restarts + booting I bought the machine nearly months ago where a blue screen suddenly appears with an error message and the computer then proceeds to restart Also sometimes when I turn on the machine it says there has been a problem and then goes straight to Auto-Recovery to check for errors Needless to say it never finds any My only other problems are that I can t access Windows Add Remove Programs feature because Vista cannot find an associated program with which to run it and that Automatic Update KB continually fails to install However these problems seem relatively insignificant so I m not sure whether either of these could be affecting the main restart and boot problem If any more information is needed I will be happy to provide Pasted below is my HJT log Thanks in advance -zacmonder- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files brs exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files FSC LASER MOUSE GTGMouse exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files F-Secure common FSM EXE C Program Files Steam steam exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files F-Secure FSGUI fsguidll exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Computer randomly restarts + booting problems C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Norman ZANDA q... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-restarts-booting-problems.815183/
Relevancy 51.17%

Alright let me first say I made the fatal mistake of having a drink near my laptop early the other morning Disaster struck and my computer was hit with some lukewarm java I cleaned i up and started it up again shortly later everything was in working order A short time after that I tried starting it up and Spilt coffee now on booting computer...Problems when got a white screen of death on boot Long story short the screen went out and now everything is barely visible very very very dim I ve heard that this could be a problem with the quot backlight quot My Spilt coffee on computer...Problems now when booting other problem which I believe is OS related is that when I boot up I get this screen that says something along he lines of press f to resume or f for startup Pressing f gets me an quot unsupported wireless adapter system halting message quot while f gets me a PhoneixBIOS screen On the BIOS screen if I move over to tools HDD test then short test and run it then reboot my computer windows XP launches fine on the next reboot However it seems that everytime I start my computer I need to do this test Also seems if I take too long to reboot after the test i e I walk away from the comp I got that F F screen again If anyone knows the problem or how to fix this from happening and could help I d greatly appreciate it Any info about the screen not working would help too although I believe thats a hardware issue entirely Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Jeez I've been having a bunch of bad stuff happening to my Desktop PC Basically I have had problems with my computer being slow freezing booting/operating computer BSOD, Now problems has on and off after waking up from sleep mode If I BSOD, Now computer has problems booting/operating booted BSOD, Now computer has problems booting/operating from scratch with no sleep mode everything would be fine Anyway the problem BSOD, Now computer has problems booting/operating has changed completely I think This morning I was booting my PC it did its thing so I left the room for a bit when I came back I had a BSOD with something like KERNAL INPAGE ERROR or something like that It said it was creating a mini-dump but it never finished so I had to reboot Upon rebooting I log in to my desktop like normal but I notice that I cannot type anything and everything is unresponsive and wont open I've never had that happen before so after trying to boot a few more times I booted in safe mode and restored to the most recent restore point before installing iTunes which I believe was the problem to my earlier slow speed after booting from sleep mode Anyway I'm literally just waiting for the computer to start after the restore so any help would be great I'm really hoping I don't need a new hard drive because I really dislike installing all my programs again etc but if that's what I have to do ok After restoring I can log on and everything is fine but I want to find out what went wrong so any help would be great Thanks

A:BSOD, Now computer has problems booting/operating

Quote: Originally Posted by Hirokotzu

Jeez, I've been having a bunch of bad stuff happening to my Desktop PC. Basically I have had problems with my computer being slow/freezing on and off after waking up from sleep mode. If I booted from scratch, with no sleep mode, everything would be fine. Anyway, the problem has changed completely I think.

This morning I was booting my PC, it did its thing so I left the room for a bit, when I came back, I had a BSOD with something like KERNAL INPAGE ERROR or something like that. It said it was creating a mini-dump but it never finished, so I had to reboot. Upon rebooting, I log in to my desktop like normal, but I notice that I cannot type anything and everything is unresponsive and wont open. I've never had that happen before so after trying to boot a few more times, I booted in safe mode and restored to the most recent restore point, before installing iTunes, which I believe was the problem to my earlier slow speed after booting from sleep mode.

Anyway, I'm literally just waiting for the computer to start after the restore, so any help would be great... I'm really hoping I don't need a new hard drive, because I really dislike installing all my programs again etc, but if that's what I have to do, ok

After restoring, I can log on and everything is fine, but I want to find out what went wrong, so any help would be great. Thanks!

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202069-bsod-now-computer-has-problems-booting-operating.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am relatively new at building computers I just configured my rig XFX nForce i SLI Motherboard Intel Core Duo E Ghz MB OCZ w GameXStream PSU BFG GeForce GTX MB PCIe video card GB SATA II hard drive GB DDR - memory DVD-RW Dual layer drive CoolerMaster CM Nvidia computer built Solved: booting Problems Ed ATX Case The Solved: Problems booting built computer starred items I took from a previous computer of mine The motherboard fried in the old computer so I am not sure if any of these parts are damaged My problem is that I just connected everything and plugged in the PSU and the motherboard s light went on which was a good sign but when I pressed the power button on the case the power light went on for a brief second then the computer didn t boot The light was still working on my motherboard so I knew it wasn t the motherboard I am pretty positive that the video card is broken but my Solved: Problems booting built computer computer should be able Solved: Problems booting built computer to boot without it right What could cause my computer to act like this Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Solved: Problems booting built computer

Since you have SLI Mobo You can only check if you Graphic Card is faulty by changing it with another one.
before that you should troubleshoot with what you have i.e
Disconnect your DVD rom from PSU & Mobo
Use only a single RAM first
you should Swap each RAM in Each Slots i.e 1st slot try 1st ram the boot, if not booting try the 2nd one in the same slot & so on.
So if you have 4 slots you will have to try 12times
if its not working even then, you then try to check your graphics card by putting it in another computer/ another computers card in your computer.
If everything if working when you disconnected the DVD Rom then either your DVD Rom is Faulty or the connecting cable is.

Best of Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-booting-built-computer.783649/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, and thank you for taking your time to help me

So each night I take my computer along with monitors etc. out of the power plug in the wall.
When I but the power plug back in to start the computer up, my keyboard instantly powers on, the same goes with my two monitors.
When I then turn on the computer nothing really happens. All of the fans and lights turn on (The MoBo fan spins insanely), but nothing comes on the monitor screen. The monitors keeps searching for a unit but won't find the computer.

Sometimes after waiting a few minutes the screen suddenly shows the startup of windows and I can use it normally.

I think it's an hardware related problem but I'm not entirely sure.
I use windows 10.

Hope you can help me
Johan, Denmark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-boot-problems-suspect-hardware-fault.1169961/
Relevancy 50.74%

Not long ago a week and a half or so I was playing Payday and my computer froze I turned off my computer to restart it and could not load my computer past a pre-loading windows black screen where the mouse was not showing I then tried booting my computer in various ways safe with and without networking etc and they worked however I believe one of my drivers failing to load was booting and times update 9/10 [SOLVED] problems not Computer the reason for my quot Windows Normal quot startup to fail I eventually decided through I then looked at using the system restore point function in order to hope for some success The system restore function when I [SOLVED] Computer not booting 9/10 times and update problems restored to a week ago two weeks ago did not seem too alleviate my issue much it did however allow me to load windows but almost immediately after using the machine for - minutes I would have a frozen screen again I then eventually decided to just factory reset the machine out of desperation the factory reset eventually happened successfully and I was able to load windows and login into my new user successfully as I learnt that I had to reinstall my graphical drivers I then attempted to put in various CD's in in order to install these drivers eventually when I figured out the order of CD's that I needed to install for my games to load properly I then resumed my activities on my pc such as gaming browsing etc Flash forward to the second factory reset this one happened due to a very similar freezing problem yet again and again I decided to turn off my computer in hope to simply reboot my machine however this time the computer seemingly failed to monitor and my monitors light would blink red-off-red-off every few seconds with no obvious on the screen every now and then my computer would successfully load and it would then crash in - minutes approx when I would be using my machine I again having exhausted my options attempting to update drivers and booting in various ways and hoping for a miracle decided to factory reset again My second factory reset was alot easier because I knew how to install the drivers whereas compared to the many failed attempts of the first factory reset all had been well up to the point that the same crashing problem as the reason for the second factory reset came up again desiring to play games with my friend that afternoon I tediously factory reset to the same method that I had been doing and installed my various games that I'd be playing and whatnot Fast forward to the issue at hand this time whenever I turn on my computer i continually face the problem of my machine randomly deciding to load its programs up on the monitor when It decides not to load my machines lights and fans seem to physically load my visual judgement and the screen remains black despite seeing the quot HDMI quot tag load on the upper left of the screen and the power buttons red light blinking again This is my first issue my computer has become very unreliable and sometimes takes up-wards to minutes to minutes to successfully start If I am rebooting the machine I have tried various methods of booting it up such as taking out the power leads for extended periods of time or somewhat rapid on off on's and an attempt or two at doing this with my machines restart button Sometimes the machine will load after any one of these options and even just a simple on button press the main issue with my ability to diagnose this issue is the somewhat random differences in the successes of my start ups As mentioned in my earlier paragraphs where I had a similar problem on one of the earlier boots this problem occurs on every boots sometimes boots It is very difficult to get the start up interface bios etc visually loading on the monitor My second issue is that I have some windows updates to complete due to having had to factory reset my machine these updates decide to run whenever I turn off the machine through the windows menu which tells me that u... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Computer not booting 9/10 times and update problems

@ROMs101 Factory reset, the reason I re-installed my graphics drivers and chipset was due to none of my games being able to run, an example of this was the battle.net client for Blizzard games, or my League of Legends. I bought my computer pre-made and with it came four various discs, one for the graphics driver, one for chipset, one for windows and one for various window software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-not-booting-9-10-times-and-update-problems-956657.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I ve been trying to figure out what s -You will Problems Manufacturer Detected Computer Hardware the Latitude to contact D-630 need been going on with the DisplaySometimes it was just a Backlight on and no Display- Other times quot Burned Images quot nbsp on the Screen nbsp Sometimes when you move your mouse across them they would be quot Erased quot and other times bringing up a window could cause them to Disappear - or Appear nbsp nbsp nbsp Checker Board Squares and I guess the usual problems associated with Display Problems External Monitor does not work I used an Eraser and Cleaned off the RAM nbsp Pins As I seen this suggestion on another blog for fautly Memory Sticks and it seemed to have Latitude D-630 Hardware Problems Detected -You will need to contact the Computer Manufacturer worked Latitude D-630 Hardware Problems Detected -You will need to contact the Computer Manufacturer somewhat better than it was I m also wondering if the Black Protector under the RAM is or has Caused Problems Lifting it- there is a Sticky Strip which has some Debris Which I tried to wipe off but it also seemed to be Stuck Fast nbsp Melded to the MB Using the Dell Diagnostic Tools found nothing wrong with the Short Test Memory Diagnostic showed no Problems-But could not perform the Video Card Stress Testmessage that Driver needed to updatedBut Dell Drivers did not detect any drivers need to be updated - I had previously run Dell Driver update and it only had one for the BIOS which I had Updated I once again removed the RAM- Cleaned the Pins and Slot and rebooted- Run the Memory Test from Windows at bootMessage Other information re Video can be found on the Post en community dell com

A:Latitude D-630 Hardware Problems Detected -You will need to contact the Computer Manufacturer

Could be a bad memory module or a bad socket.  Unplug the system, remove the battery and swap the two modules.  If the error follows the module when re-tested, replace that memory module.
If it sticks to the other module in the same socket where the initial failure occurred, it's the socket that's faulty - replace the mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990809
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

For one of my computers, it turns on for about 3 seconds, then automatically turns off before my monitor can get any response from the graphics card. Very rarely, I can get it to turn on and load up to the desktop. At this point it runs fine and fast until about 10 minutes, it crashes (freezes). Then, if I try to turn it on again it just turns itself back off after 3 seconds. I figured this has nothing to do with my DVDROM, harddrive or power supply (I tried switching the power supply, same problem). THis must be the ram, CPU or MOBO. But I don't have anything to switch this with so what component do these symptoms point towards?

Memory: OCZ PC2 4200 2 of (512 mb dual CH value pro series 4-4-4-8)
Motherboard: Asus M2N-E
CPU: AMD AM2 Athlon64 3800+ 2.0Ghz

Thanks for all your help,
wussok

A:Computer Hardware Problems for one computer

Sounds like CPU is overheating. Perhasp there is something wrong with the HSF? Have some new Artec Silver CPU compond handy... make sure the HSF is secure.

If still problem (or before removing the HSF) - disconnect ALL drives and external connections to the computer. Only the video and power cord. No mouse, no keyboard, unplug BOTH data and power cable to drives. No sound card, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-hardware-problems-for-one-computer.714069/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer booting start/shot Computer - supply shut power - - down fans problems? off not died over the weekend It was working fine Computer shut down - power supply problems? - fans start/shot off - not booting before I left for work when I turn it off but when I returned home and was about to go to bed I heard a ticking like noise from the speakers almost like a heart beat power surging through the system The little lights on the wireless nic card and old modem card no metal plates to shut the hole so I left it in were blinking I unplugged it and was going to remove the modem in the morning thinking Computer shut down - power supply problems? - fans start/shot off - not booting that was the problem Next morning I tried turning it on but it wouldn t boot at all The PC started making some noise then turned off I opened the case and looked inside tried starting it again The fans were ticking like it was getting power turned off from the back and tried again System started up again then quit Several times the system would either Act like it was starting up but nothing displayed on the moniter with the fans running at full speed or run for a few seconds and die I have plugged the system directly into the wall as well thinking it might of been the power strip but get the same results Now that I think about it it could also be the fan on the processor but that spins normaly It normally would be loud as a rice burner going down the street at load up then quite down I had that replaced about a year ago guy said it could possible not be reset to the correct speed but since it gets quite after the whole boot process I don t have to worry about it unless I wanted to reset it Possible the processor is getting to hot to quickly during boot I hope its not fried system is about years old and I hope to get at least another year out of it before I replace it Anyway I am going to take it in this afternoon to the place I got it from Wanted to get an idea of how much the damages are from you guys before I did nbsp

A:Computer shut down - power supply problems? - fans start/shot off - not booting

Depends entirely on what the issue is. If the PSU is supplying power but not stably and the board isn't powering up because of that, you could be looking at just a PSU replacement, or various components.

What type of processor do you have? If it is an older model Athlon and the fan was not spinning fast enough, in theory it could have overheated and fried, though that is a rare occurence unless the fan outright stops spinning.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shut-down-power-supply-problems-fans-start-shot-off-not-booting.33941/
Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

A slight problem I have had for a while now which has recently become more frequent and problematic:

The Windows XP Hardware Insert and Hardware Remove sound effects keep playing, one after the other, at varying speeds and regular intervals, when there is no hardware being inserted or removed!

Furthermore, when this happens it affects the computer adversely, causing it to hang momentarily while the 2 sounds play. This is a particular pain when recording video, as it leaves moments of frozen frames on the file.

It used to occur quite rarely, but at the moment it is very frequent and is driving me up the wall!

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

A:Random Hardware Remove/Hardware Insert sounds causing major problems

Hello Duke1401.
Could you please give details of any USB Devices you may have inserted?

Thanks,
Jordan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-hardware-remove-hardware-insert-sounds-causing-major-problems-98688.html
Relevancy 49.02%

A slight problem I have had for a while now which has recently become more frequent and problematic:

The Windows XP Hardware Insert and Hardware Remove sound effects keep playing, one after the other, at varying speeds and regular intervals, when there is no hardware being inserted or removed!

Furthermore, when this happens it affects the computer adversely, causing it to hang momentarily while the 2 sounds play. This is a particular pain when recording video, as it leaves moments of frozen frames on the file.

It used to occur quite rarely, but at the moment it is very frequent and is driving me up the wall!

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-hardware-remove-hardware-insert-sounds-causing-major-problems.462910/
Relevancy 48.59%

I m having some trouble with my PC and need some help figuring out which piece of hardware is at fault The following are the issues that are occuring Shutting down during games Not powering back on until power is unplugged for seconds SATA harddrives not being detected at all sometimes Harddrives are detected problems. - MB or Boot Faulty PSU in BIOS but not in Windows Setup Booting in to windows and having explorer crash before any programs are loaded Freezing at motherboard splash screen All of these things happen on and off For example it would not detect any harddrives at all last night I messed around for hours and eventually gave up Turned it on this morning and it detected all harddrives and booted fine Tried to turn it on now and it hangs while loading the Faulty PSU or MB - Boot problems. OS I m pretty certain that it s either an issue s with the motherboard or PSU It s either unlikely to be or has been proven not to be any of the other components I don t have any spares so the Faulty PSU or MB - Boot problems. only way to figure out which is at fault is to purchase new hardware Which Faulty PSU or MB - Boot problems. I don t want to do for both as that would be a waste of money Any help with this would be appreciated Even if it s only a quot guess quot at which component is causing the trouble nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I just recently put together a new system with the core components been a GA-p -DS Motherboard from Gigabyte and the new E Wolfdale CPU s Other components included GB of Corsair Dual Channel Memory XFX GTS Graphics Card W Coolermaster PSU Thermaltake Soprano DX Case Hard - Build Problems Motherboard Else? Possible or Faulty New Something Disk etc Now the problem was everything connected but New Build Problems - Possible Faulty Motherboard or Something Else? nothing would start not make a sound nor even flicker a lil light Once we did manage to get it to work it was found that the CPU fan would not start immediatly rather there was a delay from - seconds After some investigating it was found that the CPU fan delay problem was fixed by moving the connector from CPU FAN to the SYS FAN port on the mobo Furthermore the not-starting-at-all-issue was fixed by simply not including the sound AC- or optional HD from the case external connection for headphones etc onto the motherboard It appeared that it had an effect similar to short-circuiting the whole thing Thus after these two issues were resolved ie change of port and excluding sound the system ran fine and has been doing so as i install everything The question i wanted to ask was Are these problems because of a faulty motherboard fingers crossed its not and if so can the faultiness further affect the remainder of my components within time OR Are these problems because of potential incompatibility with the board and the E as i ve heard some gossip and requires a BIOS update If so where can such a thing be found I thank you for any help in advance as this problem has been worrying me sick A lot of money for a new system that i definitely don t want KAPUT Thanks nbsp

A:New Build Problems - Possible Faulty Motherboard or Something Else?

A BIOS update would be available on the Gigabyte website.
But IMO, RMAing the motherboard would be better in case you encounter further problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-problems-possible-faulty-motherboard-or-something-else.98734/
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 48.16%

Okay, so ive tried many ways, and Ive finally got stuck with using a VHD.
I have followed countless tutorials, and finally found one. (on this forums somewhere)
I go through all the steps, and it seems like it is working, and then when I boot my system it says this,
"VHD_BOOT_INITIALIZATION_FAILED"

things I have done to try to fix this:
Updated BIOS
Enabled Virtualization in BIOS
Please help! I have been trying to get it to work for days...
Ronnie

A:DUAL BOOTING PROBLEMS- booting win8 with win7.

Hi Ronnie and welcome to the Forum.

Why don't you try this. It is easier and it works: VMware Player - Install Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20201-dual-booting-problems-booting-win8-win7.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just got done taking my computer on a trip, and I'm now having some trouble with it. I use Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2. It worked fine before I packed it up, but now it only gets to the Windows load screen and freezes. This worries me because it is probably a result of something that I did to it while packing, though I tried to be careful with it. Is there anything specific that I should look for in order to solve this problem?

A:Problem Booting Up- Hardware Related?

If you just transported it, i'd re-check every cable that goes in to the computer once.
If that doesn't work, open the cover and try re-seating all you cards and
ram + make sure that all the ide and powercables are tightly inserted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-up-hardware-related.367686/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok this is the situation I just bought a brand new Athlon Proc GB x Mushkin DDR memory and an ABIT NF -S G series Motherboard I installed everything in my case I boot and the BIOS seems to recognize both my hard drives and both my cd dvd rom drives It gets to where the windows loading logo appears for about half a second and then it reboots Not once has the logo been present for more than haf a second I have tried changing the settings around in the BIOS from fail safe to optomized etc etc and nothing works I read that a fill windows xp wipe install was neccessary do the the drastic hardware changes but when I try to install windows xp from the CD I get to where it says setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration then it goes to a black screen for a few minutes and then gives me this error message ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- File i biosinfo inf could not be loaded The error code is Setup cannot continue Press any key to exit ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have also noticed that the first time i booted and after I clear the CMOS I get the error new after change hardware booting Problem quot CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded quot note it only does this the first time after the CMOS is cleared I have also flashed the BIOS successfully with the latest BIOS version for my board Following the instructions on your website perfectly and the problem has not changed As you can imagine I am more than frustrated and would greatly appreciate Problem booting after new hardware change any help Thanks A lot nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi All,
I was diagnosing my Dell computer full of blue screens which i believe was hardware related. I decided to narrow down hard drive and memory. after testing the hard drive came out no errors and fine, after testing the memory one of my two 512 ram sticks had faults. I removed the bad one and left the other 512 stick in slot one and now for some reason the computer doesn't boot up properly. It goes to the BIOS, allows me to enter setup but after setup I get a black screen with a blinking curser at the top and stays like that, the hard drive seems to be just flashing constantly (as if loading) but doesn not seem to be loading the OS,

Anyone have any ideas what i could have done?

Relevancy 47.73%

ooook first post here for help I ll start off with specs pcchips m v A mainboard Pentium ghz DIMM Solved: faulty problems, sockets? RAM mb pqi ddr- ram two matching sticks W generic power supply Nvidia fx ultra graphics Now the problem I tried installing both sticks of ram into my mainboard making sure to ground myself and seat them properly when I try to Solved: RAM problems, faulty DIMM sockets? boot up I pass BIOS checks and Solved: RAM problems, faulty DIMM sockets? windows begins to load but I get various errors before windows can load page fault IO check Bad pool call things of that nature I figured it was my ram so I removed one stick leaving one in DIMM Solved: RAM problems, faulty DIMM sockets? Boots up fine I swapped the first out for the second and it also boots fine then I tried them both in DIMM and I get the same results both boot fine in DIMM I decided to run Memtest to see if it picked up any errors I tested each stick individually in both DIMM slots with no errors Then I tested with both sticks of RAM installed The tests ran fine until test for memtest which is quot Block move moves quot recieved a LOT of errors test moved on through the next couple until test quot Modulo ones amp zeros quot and I also recieved errors I m not sure what this means but I get the same results when I swap the sticks between DIMMs as well The only time I get any errors is when both sticks of RAM are installed any further info needed please ask Thanks in advance for any help Syl nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I bought a new mobo with Nvidia Raid and SATA drives. I set up a mirrored set and all went well. I unplugged each drive in turn to simulate a failed drive. The number one drive booted after the system warned of a failure but not the number two master. I even plugged it into the number one SATA connector. Whats wrong? I thought hardware Raid was supposed to correct this headache. The mobo is Asus P5ND42-SLI with Seagate Barracuda 7200 120G drives. I run W2K pro.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-raid-shadow-drive-not-booting.506696/
Relevancy 47.3%

Well sir I Problem? Won't Hardware Solved: XP Finish Booting. was in the middle of Solved: XP Won't Finish Booting. Hardware Problem? trying to figure out how to do a new wireless connection because I kept losing it on my XP computer While checking that out the computer locked up on me and I had to hit the reset button Each time windows would lock up as it was starting to load Solved: XP Won't Finish Booting. Hardware Problem? up the system tray Had no function from the wireless mouse or keyboard I tried to put in the XP install disk to try and do a repair but the disk would not load I got some kind of error That led me to suspect hardware problem I am doing a test on the WD TB hard drive all I have is the sea tool diagnostic DOS disk I did a quick test and it pass Now I am doing a long test I tried to get a bootable cd version of WD diagnostic software but I didn t see anything for a bootable cd just usb which I do not have So will the sea tool software be good enough to test the drive or is there better free software that will do it If the hard drive passes then I will use a dos version to test the memory Not sure what to test after that if the memory test good Any other suggestions are welcome Thanks for reading my post nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

i recently bought some pc133 memory from circuit city to upgrade my ageing machine and found out later that it was not compatible because my machine actually took pc 100 (a stupid mistake, I know ) when i put the old memory back in the machine, it goes through the usual drive booting sequence and then goes into a black screen that says:
Windows could not start because of an error in the software
Load needed DLLs for kernel
Did i accidentally burn out my mother board? or destroy my hard drive? What stupid mistake did i make? please help
Thanks

I was wearing a watch with an velcro strip band when i installed the memory could this possibliy have shorted out something?

A:URGENT! hardware related booting error (i think)

its working again, i don't know what i did but i got it working YAY!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-hardware-related-booting-error-i-think.120695/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi i have this laptop Dv - tx soon to be years old and it has been giving me hell lot of problems lately During jan this year i accidentally spilled some liquid on the keyboard and i immediately force shut down and placed the laptop to dry before using faulty suspecting southbridge Extemely problems headache it again I don't know if the spill might be directly related because what confuses me is that it took months for the consequences to take effect Anyway here are the problems All was well until end of march where by whenever i run any intensive task my default browsers will open itself at insane rates The more i try to close it the more it will open One long chain of beeping sounds on start up Sometimes i have to remove the battery and just use the power adapter all is well However if the Extemely headache problems suspecting faulty southbridge battery is not on the laptop and there is beeping sound on start up i have to put it back in remove the power adapter and it will boot Very loose USB My mouse will keep getting disconnected once in a while When computer successfully boots my touch pad will only respond until i hit enter key However if i'm using my mouse it Extemely headache problems suspecting faulty southbridge will be ok to move without hitting the enter key Number key would randomly spam itself until i hit the number key itself again Also my qwer stopped working all of a sudden Temperatures are around degree when Extemely headache problems suspecting faulty southbridge i'm surfing net and stuff but if i'm watching videos they can go up to And the most ironic of all once i get the system to boot it will not have any freeze or bsod it will work perfectly until i shut it down again Missing battery and volume icons at taskbar Choppy lags that i had disable my graphic card and just use the intel chipset Things i have done Reformatted at least thrice Removed keyboard and the beeping sound still remains Perform stress test and seconds into the testing browsers would start opening at insane rates causing cpu usage to go up to It's like i'm getting some new problems everyday So yea these are the problems that i can currently remember I'm posting this to seek your opinions on what faulty parts there might be Thanks in advance

A:Extemely headache problems suspecting faulty southbridge

What was the liquid that was spilled into the keyboard?

Drinks with a high sugar content (that includes wine and hard alcohol) can leave a thin film or crystals behind when it dries. The crystals can be conductive and this could be causing weak short circuits on the motherboard. That may explain what you are seeing.

The solution in that case would be to completely disassemble the laptop and thoroughly clean all the parts. Not an easy job, and above the skill level of most home users. If that is the case you could take it to a shop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288977-extemely-headache-problems-suspecting-faulty-southbridge.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi First off I posted in here because my problem mainly had to do with Networking Driver issues before it went into Laptop Freezing Adapter Problems Wireless + (Faulty?) computer freezes and stuff like that so feel free to move this thread if I'm wrong One of my laptops has been facing a driver issue recently and it's driving me crazy it's the laptop I bring for education study purposes this one I'm using to post is a giant and not exactly portable - Alienware Malfunctioning Laptop specs Dell Inspiron Windows -bit GB RAM It all started when the wifi suddenly disappeared from my network center only to discover it having (Faulty?) Wireless Adapter Problems + Laptop Freezing problems in Device Manager exclamation mark After trying to disable and renable it to test it disappeared until several minutes later when it randomly shows itself and it was working for a while until the laptop suddenly decided to freeze on me No crash reports no error messages just couldn't move the mouse or use anything Restarting the laptop randomly brought it back on a few occasions but it would freeze nevertheless after a couple minutes of use System Restore didn't work and every time I tried to quot Scan for hardware changes quot in Device Manager to try and regain the default driver when one of my restarts didn't bring it back it froze over and over After uninstalling the wifi adapter through an external program - Driver Booster however the computer no longer froze and I could use it normally just without wifi which I need I tried installing the latest driver version from the Dell website in order to try and bring it back but it failed at first appearing to only install the Bluetooth suite before a few minutes later again it would randomly show up and bring back the same problems freezing Have I just been trying to fix a faulty wireless adapter card all this time

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74065-faulty-wireless-adapter-problems-laptop-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

It was a slow degradation that Pavillion hardware Dv2410US up..suspect after must HP freezes it booting now be at first freezing up after a while working on computer Gradually got it worse so that would not even get to the point of loading windows Over a period of time I had removed many small programs and anything I felt could be causing a conflict Scans did not reveal any serious malware Computer had been protected with regularly updated anti-virus AMG and I also had various anti-spyware programs Things done After increasing problems during bootup It said to do a system recovery using the HP Pavillion Dv2410US freezes after booting up..suspect now that it must be hardware last restore point It tried It could not be HP Pavillion Dv2410US freezes after booting up..suspect now that it must be hardware done Message said the repairs could not be done automatically Ran Microsoft Diagnostics at bootup No errors were returned and message said said it was an unspecified system configuration problem Using the HP system recovery disk I installed a fresh copy of Vista Home premium When finally on the desktop I tried to stop one of the gadgets and the system froze and rebooted The next time I waited a long while to be sure it had finished all processing and then proceeded to set up the first user I got as far as trying to enter the user name It froze up and then rebooted It does not qppear to be the hard drive as I was able to boot up in safe mode and copy some files to an external hard drive before doing the new install What kind of hardware could be causing it to freeze up like that It can t be a system configuration problem as indicated before because this was a completely new install and the symptoms were exactly the same as they had been originally What is peculiar is that it starts and stops before it totally freezes up The cursor first begins reacting very slowly and then not at all After a while the system reboots There was only one system recovery disk It appears that some drivers are missing including the service to connect to the wireless router for the internet What would you suspect to be causing the problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-dv2410us-freezes-after-booting-up-suspect-now-that-it-must-be-hardware.912807/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey Team I am in desperate need of help I'm attending Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and my computer has been freezing non stop and cant believe it is even lasting this long I cant In Need Faulty With College Student Of Computer Help get any of my work done It will freeze College Student In Need Of Help With Faulty Computer and still have the background but none of the desktop icons will be gone and College Student In Need Of Help With Faulty Computer it forces me to restart my computer I cant afford to take it anywhere I will gladly made a dollar donation as soon as someone helps me with my problem Please someone help me Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC WINDOWS system basfipm exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXEC WINDOWS system rpcnet exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXEO - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run USB Storage Toolbox C Program Files USBToolbox Res EXEO - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run B-BA-A - -ZN C DOCUME JEROME LOCALS Temp thinksnet exe CHD O - HKCU Run LDM quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot O - HKCU ... Read more

A:College Student In Need Of Help With Faulty Computer

Why is no one helping me?!?!!? Can you PLEASE tell me what I have to do...thanks in advance for your consideration.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103336/college-student-in-need-of-help-with-faulty-computer/