Windows Support Forum

A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program

Q: A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program

Dear Staff Member,

I am getting this small window when I start my computer and it does not allow anything to start. I get various window messages, this time around I wrote down which ones:

"Div X Update Has Stopped Working"
"Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher Has Stopped Working"
"Google Installer Has Stopped Working"
"Skype Has Stopped Working"

And I tried running a couple of file on Word and Power Point and the samething happened not allowing them to open.

Can you please help me?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Souschefie

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program

Do you have an updated AV program installed? Last time you ran a scan of the system?

Have you tried booting to Last Known Good Configuration?

Tried safe mode?

How long has this problem existed on this system? When is last time all was OK with system?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456452/a-stopped-working-window-appears-and-does-not-allow-to-runstart-any-program/
Relevancy 93%

Dear Staff Member I think I have been infected in a major way it is awful and I have made even more awful mistakes trying to figure this out I A appears allow run/start any not does to Working" window "Stopped program and have noticed three major problems so far This happened last week I watched a film online last Thursday night and right after the end my computer shut down on its own which it never had done before So then I started it up again to make sure A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program nothing was wrong and it started fine so I thought it was ok and I shut it down Then on Friday A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program morning is when I noticed there was something wrong details which I am listing below I must also confess I tried to figure this out on my own by looking up online for some of the words that were coming up as errors in my system So this is how I got to a link on bleepingcomputer com where someone was posting about something similar and I thought it was close enough to follow the same instructions I know it was a major dumb mistake I know now and A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program hope I have not ruined my computer The initial link that I followed is this http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic htmlBut what I ended up doing on my own is this I did System Restore I downloaded TDSSkiller launched it clicked on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system and ran a scan then I did this on it I Rootkit boot pihar - CURED it and TDSSfilesystem - DELETED it I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware launched it and ran a scan and then I did this on it selected all infections and DELETED them I must also mention that the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software I downloaded is gone I don t know how this happened but neither the link is on the desktop nor the program itself is in my installed uninstalled programs in the systemNonetheless this is how I found about you guys in the end and am now trying to figure things out by starting from scratch hopefully it s not too late I had actually started a topic on Friday on the Operating Systems forum for Vista and this is the link I started http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html But after reading what the moderator was advicing me to do I thought it is best to start this as a new topic in this forum Pardon me if this is another unethical thing to do but I am a new user and am getting just now acquainted with Bleeping Computer Okay and now to the relevant details My system I have a DellInspiron Pentium reg Dual-Core CPU T GHz GHz GB -bit Operating SystemProblem I am getting this small window when I start my computer and it does not allow anything to start I have gotten various window messages this time around I wrote down which ones Microsoft Windows quot Div X Update Has Stopped Working quot quot Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher Has Stopped Working quot quot Google Installer Has Stopped Working quot quot Skype Has Stopped Working quot quot Microsoft Word Has Stopped Working quot quot Power Point Has Stopped Working quot Then for each one it tells me it is going to close the program and that Microsot Windows will let me know if a solution is found Problem Every time I am researching for something on Google now and if I try to follow a link it is always re-directing me to what seems to be another search engine Here is an example of something I just tried looking up on Google I typed in the word etnogastronomy and upon following the first link here is what I got http search web etnogastronomy C ecn - v So this is somewhat obstructive since I now cannot research anything If I do have a URL address is fine it takes me to that site but if I am looking for a site to which I do not have their URL and I try linking up to it from Google this is when it re-directs me to something else Problem Finally with all of this my computer see... Read more

A:A "Stopped Working" window appears and does not allow to run/start any program

Boot the PC into safemode with networkingDownload UNHIDERun it as administrator-this should restore your hidden filesDownloadhttp://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716-malwarebytes-anti-malware.htmlInstall,update and run a full scan Click on SHOW results.Select all infections and remove itReboot the PC and scan MBAM once in regular mode until you get a clean logDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your replyIf you still have startup errors,then you may need to reinstall applications(you should not have done system restore)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456863/a-stopped-working-window-appears-and-does-not-allow-to-runstart-any-program/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I m running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP and just recently my computer started telling me quot Desktop window manage stopped working and was closed quot as soon as I log into my account For whatever reason ever since this started happening the program quot Steam quot will instantly crash as soon as it loads quot HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system WerFault exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Users Nick AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL appears - window startup working stopped "desktop and closed" on was Vista manage KHALMNPR EXE C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - "desktop window manage stopped working and was closed" appears on startup - Vista HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Winamp Search Class - BCA FA- DBB- a -B - C F B - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - BHO SearchPerks Perk Counter - EA E- D - af- AD-B C AB - C Program Files SearchPerks Perk Counter Bmbho dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Encarta Web Companion Helper Object - BE B -BC - CAF- E- E D B - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Encarta Web Companion ENCWCBAR DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - Toolbar Encarta Web Companion - D - - - B - F B C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Encarta Web Co... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-window-manage-stopped-working-and-was-closed-appears-on-startup-vista.773602/
Relevancy 70.52%

When I turn on my computer a little window{1&half inches} appears with a red circle with a cross through it and my computer makes those nasty noises.The box just shows the sign and has and ok box and thats it.Can anyone tell me what it means and if I have to do anything.thanks

Relevancy 70.52%

I posted before regarding this problem with a different title to the thread.

I was running with Vista 32 bit on my PC and bought a Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade and installed. But annoyingly the explorer window appears at each start up. I have tried re-installing several times but with no change.

Now in retrospect, all I have to do is click 'X' and it goes. But it is annoying and if anyone can help stop it appearing it would be appreciated.

Bear in mind I am pretty much a novice in computer terms and any fixes can you keep it basic.

regards and thanks

Johnston.

A:Help. Explorer window appears at start up.

Hey John.

Press start, and type msconfig. This will bring up the startup menu where you can enable or disable startup services. If you look through the tabs, is there any place where it starts an explorer window? If you check "Safe Startup" on the main screen and reboot, does it still happen?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/38535-help-explorer-window-appears-start-up.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Once i logon to my vista user account on my laptop all of my programs stop working I will attach a pdf file of what i see I cant use certain programs like paint and notpad and others PLEASE HELP I think this all started when I saterted to start working" When stopped I my programs Name) all has Vista "(Program say see the reliability metris analysis calculation error alot i just started seeing that one and now i get the errors in the link below also check here to see the screen i get when When I start Vista all my programs say "(Program Name) has stopped working" i log on the uploader said this was a big file so i couldnt upload take a look thanks alot -----update i cannot upload this picture of what happening so i will type all the messages i When I start Vista all my programs say "(Program Name) has stopped working" get i get the quot Desktop windows manager has stopped working quot quot msftstp exe has stopped working quot quot windows command processor has stopped working quot times quot microsoft sync center has stopped working quot AND THE LAST ONE IS ATTACHED AS A PDF FILE PLEASE HELP FAST THANK YOU nbsp

A:When I start Vista all my programs say "(Program Name) has stopped working"

Can you try 'chkdsk' ? It is worth trying a simple check first, see what the effect is, before you do anything more serious. To use Windows 'chkdsk', in Vista, 1) Go to 'Start' type 'cmd' 2)in the list, right-click on 'cmd', choose 'Run as Administrator'
3)In the box, type, chkdsk/f (press enter) 3)type 'Y' 4) Reboot your PC and see if Windows can fix your problems with the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-start-vista-all-my-programs-say-program-name-has-stopped-working.154166/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have Windows 7 -

When I try to open a folder in opens on the task bar but not no window opens.
Any suggestions?

Regards
Dave

A:Folders open in on start bar but no window appears.

Hello Dave, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The folder window (Windows Explorer) may be offscreen. You might see if you may be able to use the tutorial below to get it back onscreen to the desktop if that it the case.

Offscreen Window - Move Back to Desktop

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208607-folders-open-start-bar-but-no-window-appears.html
Relevancy 69.66%

After I sign in to open my computer when I try to at Pop-Up Up Appears Error Numerous Window Start open Yahoo or Google a pop-up Error box opens stating quot IM FAX DIL not found quot when I press okay a nd window opens Numerous Error Pop-Up Window Appears at Start Up up saying quot Please wait while Windows Installer configures a spare back up quot at this point another window opens up and says quot The features you are trying to use is on a network resource unavailable and then said click okay to try again or enter an altenate path to a folder containing the installation package Spare BackUp msi in the box below then when that doesn t work and I close the bos out another pop-up opens saying ERROR then says quot No valid source could be found for product Spare Backup Windows Installer cannot continue Make a long story short Its tireing closing these pop-ups all day I tried twice to restore my system but the restore point only went back a week honestly I wish I could just restore my computer to the day that I bought it I have nothing for documents is there are way to remove these pop-ups or can I wipe out ever thing then reload all the back up disk Thanks John nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi ~

I have a friend who, when she boots up each time, the Start Menu window appears on her desktop. How would she fix this problem? It is the actual window that has the Start Menu in it.

Thanks ~ Jody

Relevancy 68.8%

when I start or restart my computer I get a window that says Phoenix ROM BIOS Plus Version A Copyright - Phonix Technolgies LTD stop a Solved: start/restart? appears how to on Window that Copyright - Dell Computer Corporation All Rights Reserved Dell System Solved: how to stop a Window that appears on start/restart? Dimension Series BIOS version A www dell com Primary drive not found Secoundary drive not found Strike the F key to continue F key to run the set up utility I get this window screen every time I start or restart my computer Lately I got a GB PC stick of RAM and put it in in place of one of the MB PC sticks The system did not reconize the new stick even though the owners manual said that the maximum for this system is GB In another area it said the maximum is GB I assume that the system maximum is GB not GB I reinstalled the MB and my syatem tells me that I have GB of RAM back to what I use to have When I start restart the machine I have to press the F key to start it and I never use to have to do anything but tun the machine on to start it or after the machine is running to click on the Start Button and then select Restart Now after I tried to upgrade my RAM memory I am getting this irritating window that I never use to get Some setting must have changed and I haven t spotted it in the set up screen Anyone got any good ideas nbsp

A:Solved: how to stop a Window that appears on start/restart?

Go back to the manual what type of ram does your mother board take?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-stop-a-window-that-appears-on-start-restart.850011/
Relevancy 68.8%

Had, and still have installed in machine, an SSD with Windows 7 as OS
Had, and still have, a Western Digital 2 TB external HD attached. It was used as back up for the original set up. This also has the Smart Ware software installed but which I have not used.

Tried a dual boot on a new SSD using Windows 8.1 recently but turned out ot be a pain so I simply installed 8.1 on new disk.

The problem-

When I boot and Windows 8.1 starts, window showing the external hard drive and contents appears. Annoying. How can I stop this?

I am planning to reformat this external storage and redo the back up using the new 8.1 OS and current content of the my other HDD containing our data, will this likely stop the "pop-up" on start?
Thank you for any assistance or ideas.

A:Window of hard drive appears on boot and start

Hello and welcome to Eightforums ,if I understand you issue correctly ,I think if you go to control panel/auto play /removable drives and check of take no action it might get rid of it .good luck

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38882-window-hard-drive-appears-boot-start.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Thanks for all the help I want to make my shorcuts start programs and windows In WIndows Xp Pro SP at a a or custom Start and position window a at size specific program window certain position and with a certain size For instance I want to open Excell at position x Start a window or program at a specific position and custom window size y with a window size of x or maybe a internet explorer window at position with a window size of x I gave the odd numbers in the example so that people responding will understand that I want CUSTOM SIZES I know how to set the shortcuts to start maximized and minimized and also window tiling That's not what I'm talking about Does anyone know of shortcut switch that I can use For instance in some games if you want to start the game with cheats enabled you put quot -devmode quot after the directory path in the quot target quot box of the shortcut properties Is there any other way There is an awesome program called quot Montage quot http www ideaxchg com montage which I use but isn't exactly what I'm looking for Please help out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-a-window-or-program-at-a-specific-position-and-custom-window-size-395531.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Almost no program can start on Windows7 (only succeeded to run notepad and explorer but no IE, chrome, etc.) When I try to run it a spinning circle appears for a couple of seconds (the program names appears in the task manager) and then everything quits silently. no error message, no anything.

Tried numerous registry fixes (assumed wrong extension files associations) - didn't help.

Any idea?

A:Can't start any program on Win7. Starting circle-icon appears for 2sec

Hello Rytrom, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You could do a system restore (at boot if need be) using a restore point dated before this started to hopefully fix it for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/149014-cant-start-any-program-win7-starting-circle-icon-appears-2sec.html
Relevancy 63.64%

this is from the event log

explorer.exe
4d6727a7
bhoclass.dll
4f79fd40
c0000005
000055e6
bfc
01cd24edd846df29
C:\Windows\system32\explorer.exe
C:\ProgramData\TheBflix\bhoclass.dll
bb66dc68-90e1-11e1-a2d0-001e8cdcef50

I tryed a sfc /scannow nothing showed up

any ideas pls

A:window exploxer has stopped working

fill in your system specs
System Info - See Your System Specs
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...tml#post256049
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...html#post23230

what antivirus are you using? and since when are you having this problem? you may do a System Restore to a time before it started.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226885-window-exploxer-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

DVD Rom on my laptop seems no not work and getting a pop-up window that says explorer exe has stopped working Here a that pop-up explorer.exe window stopped working says getting has is a Snapshot using Speccy http speccy piriform com results osvN hSgxGVLUObMRhxRNJw I'm also providing Toolbox result getting a pop-up window that says explorer.exe has stopped working after checkmarking the following List last Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users Partitions and Memory size MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by CLi NT administrator on - - at Running from C Users CLi NT Downloads Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack X Model U E Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name mswsock dll version time stamp x be b Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id xf Faulting application start time xExplorer EXE Faulting application path Explorer EXE Faulting module path Explorer EXE Report Id Explorer EXE Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name ZeroConfigService exe version time stamp x cda eb Faulting module name MurocApi dll version time stamp x cda c Exception code xc Fault offset x bcd Faulting process id x e Faulting application start time xZeroConfigService exe Faulting application path ZeroConfigService exe Faulting module getting a pop-up window that says explorer.exe has stopped working path ZeroConfigService exe Report Id ZeroConfigService exe Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source AdvancedSystemCareService User Description The handle is invalid Error AM Source AdvancedSystemCareService User Description The handle is invalid Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name explorer exe version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name shlext dll version time stamp x e Exception code xc Fault offset x Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xexplorer exe Faulting application path explorer exe Faulting module path explorer exe Report Id explorer exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name mswsock dll version time stamp x be b Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id xc Faulting application start time xExplorer EXE Faulting application path Explorer EXE Faulting module path Explorer EXE Report Id Explorer EXE Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name ZeroConfigService exe version time stamp x cda eb Faulting module name MurocApi dll version time stamp x cda c Exception code xc Fault offset x bcd Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xZeroConfigService exe Faulting application path ZeroConfigService exe Faulting module path ZeroConfigService exe Report Id ZeroConfigService exe Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-CAPI User Description The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database The ESENT error was - System errors Error AM Source cdrom User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device CdRom Error AM Source cdrom User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device CdRom Error AM Source cdrom User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device CdRom Error AM Source cdrom User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device CdRom Error AM Source cdrom User Description The driver detected a controller error on Device CdRom Error AM Source cdrom User Description The driver detected a controller ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596975/getting-a-pop-up-window-that-says-explorerexe-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Buddy I use win7 32bit when i open a media file mkv or avi in my computer
this messege apear Window Explorer Stopped Working plzzzzz Yaar solve my problem

A:Window Explorer Stopped Working

Do you mean windows media player has stopped working?
Can you give us a screen shot of your error message?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154468-window-explorer-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I tried to turn off my new laptop, and couldn't get past the logging off message. I eventually got rid of it by taking out the batteries, but now I keep getting a 'Windows explorer has stopped working' and a 'Windows explorer is restarting' message. This has been happening for about 10 minutes now, with about 10 second intervals. I don't know what's happening, or what I should do. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hey People

I have this very annoying problem affecting my laptop. Every time my laptop loads up and is on the desktop, a message box appears saying 'Windows explorer has stopped working' then it restarts almost every minute preventing me from doing anything. I cant access the command prompt or a single thing before it restarts. I've seen the numerous posts on different websites from people having the same problem. I tried starting my laptop in safe mode and it worked for a while, then the same problem started happening again. This is becoming very frustrating since I'm unable to access assignments on my laptop. I would appreciate the help to solve this problem asap.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope someone can help me

Muadting

A:Window Explorer has stopped working

Try this free tool: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows
Disable all non-Microsoft extensions and reboot.

If that fixes the problem, then re-enable ? of them, reboot and see if the the problem returns
Continue this until you've isolated the problem extension.
Then uninstall it from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program

Also, scan for malware (just in case). List of free scans here: Free Online AntiMalware Resources

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296835-window-explorer-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello A user at my company is sometimes getting the error quot Windows explorer has stopped working quot when working in MS word and MS outlook nbsp At our company we use Windows enterprise bit OS nbsp I have copied the error message that occurred while they were working in MS word from the event viewer General Tab nbsp Fault bucket type Event Name BEX Response Not available Cab Id nbsp Problem signature P explorer exe P P d a P StackHash a e P P P ff a P c P P nbsp nbsp Attached files C Users kwest AppData Local Temp WERC B tmp WERInternalMetadata xml nbsp These files may be available here C Users kwest AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive AppCrash explorer exe bf eef a df dae b f f bc b bc nbsp Analysis symbol nbsp Rechecking for solution Report Id f e - bae- e -b -d bed a Report Status nbsp Log Name nbsp Application Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Error Rep nbsp Logged nbsp nbsp AM Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Explorer Has stopped Window working nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category nbsp nbsp None Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Keywords nbsp Window Explorer Has stopped working nbsp nbsp Classic User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N A nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp OpCode nbsp Need help to understand why this is happening Thank you for your help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/79ada2cd-5546-4e74-b01d-9c0fb7a3f693/window-explorer-has-stopped-working?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 62.78%

i keep getting ,

Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working

every so often and i i can find a fix.

i cant seem to find anything that works to fix this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-window-manager-stopped-working.151380/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, I just reinstalled Windows 7. Most everything is fine except for the error message "Desktop Window Manger has stopped working...". I didn't know I had a Desktop Manager for the last 5 years.

How is this fixed or removed?

Thanks

HM

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389987-desktop-window-manger-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am using Window Vista Business on 32 b it Toshiba laptop.

Lately I am getting message "Desktop window manager has stopped working"

As suggested I try to check on line solution, but no luck.

Problem details are as follows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Dwm.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Application Timestamp: 49e01b94
Fault Module Name: ole32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037d7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004a1de
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: d083
Additional Information 2: 505e1608b4a9b755fd3bf22ede444478
Additional Information 3: d083
Additional Information 4: 505e1608b4a9b755fd3bf22ede444478

Any suggeston?

Thanks

A:Desktop window manager has stopped working

hi from what i could find via google the most likely solution would be to update your video driver,or possibly change you theme to basic i'am afraid that was all i could find on this issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-window-manager-has-stopped-working.863945/
Relevancy 62.78%

I created a GUI code in Qt and added release mode dll's in the release folder to run as an independent exe The application runs fine but whenever I close it I receive an has after closing window stopped working myApplication.exe the error stating myApplication exe has stopped working Kindly note that this error is obtained after closing myApplication and not while it runs Is it due to dll linker issues In the release folder I have added the copied the following dll files Code Qt Qt msvc plugins platforms Qt Qt msvc plugins imageformats Qt Qt msvc bin OpenCv bin msvcp dll amp msvcr dll Here is what I tried to solve this - Ran CHKDSK ref http windows-exe-errors com fixing -in-windows- Since this didn't work I tried with disabling DEP Data Execution Prevention When I myApplication.exe has stopped working after closing the window tried to selectively disable DEP for myApplication exe I got the following error - Code This program must run with DEP enabled You cannot turn off DEP for this program So I disabled DEP for the entire system using bcdedit in command prompt Ref http social technet microsoft com turn-off-dep But this did not help either On myApplication.exe has stopped working after closing the window closing myApplication exe it continues to show the error as mentioned in the title Please advise me to solve this challenge

A:myApplication.exe has stopped working after closing the window

Are you developing this application in Visual Studio 2010? If so, what happens if you run the application in debug mode? Running in debug mode will attach your application to the Visual Studio debugger, so when it stops the debugger will tell you exactly why!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/338214-myapplication-exe-has-stopped-working-after-closing-window.html
Relevancy 62.78%

HI I have just up-dated all my drivers using " Driver Update " and now when i try to open some programs i get a fatal error message and a message that " Desktop manager stopped working " Any help appreciated david stokes

A:Desktop Window Manager stopped working

What drivers exactly are you using ?

1) Uninstall the device driver (Graphic card) in the ''device managers'' panel from the configuration panel and restart your computer.

Windows 7 will probably install a default driver, let it install before doing anything more. (if you are experimented with computers, I suggest you try using a software to clean the graphics cards drivers)

2) Download the latest drivers at World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies | NVIDIA
Select the appropriate computers settings and device to download the proper driver. (on the download section of the nvidia update you will be asked to put in theses informations)

3) Reboot your computer and tell us what it did.
Tell me if you need more details on the process. This first step will ensure that it is not a simple software corruption.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/273117-desktop-window-manager-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Window Explorer Has Stopped Working I had this problem about a month ago I was able to system restore back before a couple of updates and the problem has not occurred again until now I tried to use system restore again and had to do it times to get back far enough that it wasn't happening or so I thought but it is cropping up again If you can direct me to the instructions to create an error report I will attach that Thank You Lorina OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name LORINA-PC System Manufacturer System [SOLVED] Window Working Explorer Has Stopped manufacturer System Model System Product Name System Type [SOLVED] Window Explorer Has Stopped Working x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD ASUS P N -AM ACPI BIOS Revision SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot [SOLVED] Window Explorer Has Stopped Working User Name Lorina-PC Lorina Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Intel R Core Quad Processor CPU Q Ghz Memory GHZ Nividia Ge Force nividia nForce i

A:[SOLVED] Window Explorer Has Stopped Working

Here is the DDS.txt file and I have attached the attach.txt file.

Code:
DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSX64
Run by BH at 21:58:30.17 on Mon 10/04/2010
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18943
Microsoft? Windows Vista? Home Premium 6.0.6002.2.1252.1.1033.18.3965.1475 [GMT -7:00]

SP: Windows Defender *enabled* (Updated) {D68DDC3A-831F-4FAE-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k GPSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\svchost.exe -k hpdevmgmt
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\18.1.0.37\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\WUDFHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DllHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\18.1.0.37\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k SDRSVC
C:\Windows\splwow64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Users\BH\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Q726SXW9\dds[1].scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

mLocal Page = c:\windows\syswow64\blank.htm
mWinlogon: Userinit=c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: Microsoft.Search.HRSToolBar.InitToolbarBHO: {1d970ed5-3eda-438d-bffd-715931e2775d} - mscoree.dll
BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention: {6d53ec84-6aae-4787-aeee-f4628f01010c} - c:\program files (x86)\norton antivirus\engine\18.1.0.37\IPSBHO.DLL
TB: Bing HRS Toolbar: {c9a6357b-25cc-4bcf-96c1-78736985d414} - mscoree.dll
uRun: [WMPNSCFG] c:\program files (x86)\windows media player\WMPNSCFG.exe
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files (x86)\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mRun: [Adobe ARM] "c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
mPolicies-explorer: NoActiveDesktop = 1 (0x1)
mPolicies-explorer: NoActiveDesktopChanges = 1 (0x1)
mPolicies-explorer: ForceActiveDesktopOn = 0 (0x0)
mPolicies-explorer: BindDirectlyToPropertySetStorage = 0 (0x0)
mPolicies-system: EnableUIADesktopToggle = 0 (0x0)
IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} - c:\progra~2\micros~1\office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
DPF: {1E54D648-B804-468d-BC78-4AFFED8E262F} - hxxp://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload/srl/3.0.0.4/srl_bin/sysreqlab_nvd.cab
DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - hxxp://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
Hosts: 127.0.0.1 www.spywareinfo.com

================= FIREFOX ===================

FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\bh\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\rl1mjkbe.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-window-explorer-has-stopped-working-519446.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I was busy doing some PowerPoint slides when suddenly a window pop out saying Smart Stealer has stopped working and it keep on popping out even tho I clicked "Close program". At the same time, My McAfee anti-virus detected a virus called passwordfox.exe in my %temp% folder and the same problem happens, I can't seem to delete it even tho I clicked "Remove Virus".

Has someone attacked my computer trying to steal my password?
Any solution?

A:Smart Stealer stopped working (Window 8.1)

Clean your temp files and folders using Disk Cleanup

Download and run Malwarebytes (Free)

Uninstall the Passwordfox program. If you must have it, download from NisSoft only.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/48033-smart-stealer-stopped-working-window-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

wmp stopped working need help please !!!!!!!! here is my problem info ..
Problem signature
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Application Timestamp: 47919356
Fault Module Name: RibbonsVis.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4431ad49
Exception Offset: 000045d9
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0972
Additional Information 2: cff35a4feca79d88fd03347f015925c4
Additional Information 3: a373
Additional Information 4: c6f50a9ed708b5c3ab9c2d5ed3335822
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 667286380

A:window media player stopped working

It looks like a visualisation problem. Either turn off visualisation or select a different visualisation to see if that fixes your crash.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196633-window-media-player-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.78%

So I just installed windows on my new SSD There are only the drivers and windows on the SSD On every start I get the error quot Desktop Window Manager has stopped working quot There are a lot of solutions mentioned in other forums aswell in this one but none of them works I'll just list what I've tried so far I'm really getting desperate -windowskey r - gt services msc- gt restart Desktop Window Manager -starting cmd as adminstrator - gt sfc scannow - gt no problems found nothing repaired -rightclick on the SSD - gt properties - gt tools - gt verify - gt no problems found nothing repaired -updated graphic driver to latest version Here is what I can see from the error log Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Dwm exe Application Version Application Timestamp a bc Fault Module Name nvwgf umx dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp c Exception Code c d Exception Offset a c OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Manager working Window has Desktop stopped acad Additional Information acadf d b a f e Additional Information c Additional Information c d c fd e abca a b

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-window-manager-has-stopped-working-1069322.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Dear HP forum users, Ever since I upgraded to windows 10, my touchscreen has stopped working correctly, I have done all the updates of drivers and so on and it has still not fixed the issue. I have done troubleshooting and the only message I get is "no pen or touch input for this display" I have even reformated my pc . that did not help. I have tried many online advice forms advice and I have now come to a dead end. Could somebody please be so kind and help me fix my issue. Thsnk you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touchscreen-stopped-working-after-window-s-10-ypgrade/td-p/5612088
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,
I have gotten this error a few times and I'm not exactly sure how to reproduce it.

Any ideas what it means?

Quote:

Product
Desktop Window Manager

Problem
Stopped working

Date
23/12/2007 5:03 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Application Name: Dwm.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b7e9
Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549d25d
Exception Offset: 000000000004a000
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 9219
Additional Information 2: d7b88223d45b91ff437f0b1495085f45
Additional Information 3: c954
Additional Information 4: 432c112b6a1229d68c2405ffa881f9cd

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 204635

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-window-manager-stopped-working-206483.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M N -SLI Antivirus ZoneAlarm Antivirus Updated and Enabled Several months ago a dialog box started appearing at log in stating that the Desktop Window Manager had stopped working It happens on every account on the computer I ve run sfc scannow no damage detected run the Working Window Manager Has Desktop Stopped startup repair Desktop Window Manager Has Stopped Working utility from the Windows install CD Desktop Window Manager Has Stopped Working and conducted a memory test no failures The video drivers have been updated and two anti-virus checkers report no infections The Desktop Windows Manager Service is set to automatic and appears to be running after login However the event viewer reports Faulting application name Dwm exe version time stamp x a bc Faulting module name unknown version time stamp x Exception code xc Fault offset x ae c Faulting process id xea Faulting application start time x ce b ef a Faulting application path C Windows system Dwm exe Faulting module path unknown Report Id fbedfca-b e- e -ae a- fb How Desktop Window Manager Has Stopped Working do I prevent the DWM from failing I m I looking at a reinstall of the OS nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Operating system is Vista. Have used this system for the same programs for about 14 months and suddenly I started getting the title message several times each morning as I'm starting up my programs. I always use the option that selects an online solution and the message disappears until it comes up again several minutes later. Usually get the message several times and then it just goes away for the rest of the day, although the computer is much slower now than before I started getting this warning.
Thanks

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6142 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 463696 MB, Free - 347506 MB; D: Total - 13241 MB, Free - 1267 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Benicia, 1.01, MS1C8CR51602582
Antivirus: Norton 360 Premier Edition, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-window-manager-stopped-working.1009669/
Relevancy 62.35%

I've just run all my Kaspersky, etc tools and still get a "Program Has Stopped Working" message for things like Windows Mail, the installer for Windows Live Mail, etcHave restarted, downloaded RegistrySmart and "fixed" 610 things, but still no mail program, etc. Anything else I can do to get back to functionality? Thanks, Nancy

A:"Stopped working" appears on mail, etc startup

Hi Nancy,

You might try doing a System Restore using a restore point dated before this problem to see if it can fix it. This tutorial will show you how to if needed. You may need to use Method Two.

System Restore - How to

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/170529-stopped-working-appears-mail-etc-startup.html
Relevancy 62.35%

i faces a new problem when i starts windows it shows " Host Process for Window services has Stopped Working"
winndow can check online for solution to the problem
-check online for solution (recommended)
-close

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: svchost.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549adc4
Fault Module Name: StackHash_36c2
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 0a9cf83c
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: 36c2
Additional Information 2: c59850c491d3848e88bfa6d182cd1a60
Additional Information 3: 272a
Additional Information 4: ac90659214cccd60b1de90fac30fd5af

Read our privacy statement:
Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

after this my computer is disconnected from internet and i am not able to connect with the internet.
what does this error means? and how can i fix it?

A:host process for window servicew has stopped working

Welcome
My guess is that it is caused by a conflict with some software that you recently installed, did you install anything, if must be uninstalled,

In safe mode try
a clean boot to determine the problem
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

If that does not work try in safe mode
and perform a system restore from before the problem.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287075-host-process-window-servicew-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello guys So i installed windows ultimate yesterday and installed all needed programs and I've got quot desktop window manager stopped working and was closed quot error every time i would startup so I tried to fix it and read here at forum that you could just make new profile user and it would be fixed after that i had another error and that's quot OEM stopped working quot when i would try to open single picture stopped Desktop and was Manager working closed has Window I thought the best solution would be to Desktop Window Manager has stopped working and was closed reinstall windows I installed windows again but this time it was proffessional I installed again almost every program i needed which i constantly use and everything was working great then i remembered that i didn't install AMD gaming evolved raptr it requested restart so i restarted and then error came back tried to uninstall the raptr but errors were still there desktop window manager stopped working and was closed and when picture opened OEM has stopped working Please help ASAP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-window-manager-has-stopped-working-and-was-closed-1161137.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Microsoft office stopped working on window vista whenever I try to save document on any of its programmes. I need help on how to rectify this problem

A:Microsoft office stopped working on window vista

boot to the install screen and choose repair

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-stopped-working-on-window-vista.1083689/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,  
Within windows 8.1, a problem has recently occurred in my Windows Live Mail
WLM opens ok and I can view my inbox, sent, etc.
But if I click on "reply", for example,  I get an error message:-
"A problem has occurred while trying to open this message.
A problem has occurred. Please try again."
I get the same error message if I try to open a New Message.
I found that I can write messages to myself online and they arrive correctly in my WLM Inbox.
This seemed to have occurred soon after an AVG update, so I uninstalled AVG and restarted, but still had the same problem.
Having looking online, I tried "repair windows essentials", but it had no effect.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Many thanks

A:Window Live Mail 2012 stopped working

... resolved... I noticed that some people found that running CCleaner resolved the problem; I tried it and it worked!  no idea why, but hopefully this might also help others

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586455/window-live-mail-2012-stopped-working/
Relevancy 62.35%

Ok here is what i am experiencing When i boot my laptop (windows 7) Loads fine i get to the Log-in screen and type in my password it brings up the Welcome screen and then it just sets on that screen for about 30min or so then it will go to a black screen for about 5-10min then it loads my desktop with two errors both say Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working and was Closed the only noticable thing is that the taskbar is grey instead or see through (Same as background) i have been to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Forum
and we have figured out its not related to infection for all the information on what we did here is the link

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ll-660839.html

please help me solve this Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Re: Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working

Boot into Safe Mode and try restarting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-re-desktop-window-manager-stopped-working-662731.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently installed XP and found that none of my old programs work with it such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and 3ds max 4. Some will not even be read off the installation cd, others it scrambles the serial into gibberish. Ok, that's one problem- the other is that I did upgrade Illustator (to #10) and it worked for a couple days. Now when I try to run it I get a message saying simply "cannot run Illustrator" with no further info. These programs are relatively big but on ME I ran them all fine. I have only 128 RAM. Could this be the problem? Does XP take more RAM to run. I tried reinstalling Illustrator and it worked for one sitting, I'm now getting the same message. Thanks in advance.

A:program stopped working

Yes XP does take more resources than any other OS. You errors can be due to Ram issues and or processor issues. What is your CPU speed and does the 128mb ram shae your video card? (or do you have a seperate video card installed with its own memory)

Heres what you can try, press ctrl+alt+del, this willopen your Task Manager, you will see 5 tabs on top,: Applications-Processes-Performance-Networking-Users
Click the performance tab, you will see a graph "CPU Usage history" and below that the PageFile hsitory. With this application open, try opening a program (photoshop, illustrator etc) and see what this graph does. If it runs high (100%) for any given length,t hen it is a ram issue, and you will nbeed to upgrade it.

If it doesnt go that high, then you could turn off anything running inthe tray (bottom right side of your screen) and or try to reinstall your programs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/program-stopped-working-34194.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all, I am having the following problem. It does not matter what I am in even the internet after a min or so a box pop's up and says the program has stopped working, any ideas would be great.

Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/399942-program-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am trying to use a program called Diasend uploader. It seems to install okay but if you try to open it I get the message "diasend uploader has stopped working.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 560 @ 3.33GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3959 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 931459 MB, Free - 650746 MB; D: Total - 22306 MB, Free - 2804 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AA7
Antivirus: Norton 360 Premier Edition, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-has-stopped-working.1084494/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,
I recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium from XP pro and did a "Clean Install".
I have been re-installing my programs with success but after I installed my Corel Pant Shop Pro X with the 10.10 Vista upgrade, I get a message as soon as I click on it to start "Paint Shop Pro X has Stopped Working". I went into msconfig and ran a clean boot and then the program started up fine. As soon as I returned msconfig to the original settings it stopped working again.

A:Program has Stopped Working

Have you tried using MSCONFIG to only enable/disable one startup entry at a time to see which one is causing the problem?

Also make sure you have all the patches for CS2, as they'll improve the chance of it working better with Vista: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?platform=windows&product=39
CS2 is not officially supported on Vista last I checked but does work with minimal issues(according to Adobe).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-has-stopped-working.565217/
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently bought Maxon Cinema 4D for windows and tried to install it onto my computer. When I tried to install it a got an error message saying that Cinema 4D has stopped working and that I would be notified if their was a solution. I've tried it installing it again and again, but I keep getting the same message every time. I have not been notified of a solution and I don't know what to do about this. Help please?

A:Program has stopped working

Here is some good advice when installing programs in Vista, This is good advice even if the program was designed for Vista.

Here is how to install software or drivers on Vista that are for XP,2000,NT4,98,95

1. Download your program to a folder of choice, Right click on the setup.exe file for the software/driver you are trying to install and select properties, if

there is an "Unblock" button on the General Tab, click it, then go to the compatibility Tab

2. Tick the "run this file in compatibility mode" box and then select XP in the drop down box, or whatever OS the software was designed for, Tick "run this

program as Administrator" if it is available, hit OK. If it was designed for Vista then skip compatibility and only use run as administrator.

3. Now double click this setup.exe file to execute the install process, hopefully all will go well and install the drivers/Software you need.

4. If the exe installs software for the device, or you have installed software only, you need to navigate to the program folder where it installed, then do the

compatibility thing (1 & 2) again for the program executable(s). If the program was designed for Vista skip compatibility mode, just tick "run as

administrator"

I do not guarantee all drivers or software to work in Vista, but a large percentage do..

Good luck.
There is no compatibility mode for .msi installers
16 bit programs will not run on Vista x64

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-has-stopped-working.862020/
Relevancy 62.35%

When I run a particular program on my Windows 8.1 X64 PC, I get a pup-up saying "<program name> has stopped working ... Windows will close the program..." (not the world's most helpful error message).

Can someone tell me exactly what this message means? Does it mean that the application has run out of memory, or that it is stuck in an infinite loop, or that it has called an unhandled exception , or what? How does Windows detect this error?

Knowing this will help me find out what is causing the problem.

I'm afraid I don't know what language the application was written in. It is a command line application.

Thanks - Rowan

A:<program> has stopped working

There's many notifications in windows that give cryptic or general descriptions. Try running it "As administrator", in compatibility mode or reinstall.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/63703-program-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Good evening I've played a silly little game called Stronghold has program A working stopped Kingdoms for almost a month and today I rebooted my system and it was hanging at A program has stopped working the Windows screen The quot windows quot didn't actually float in as they normally do So the system tried to do a startup repair and it took almost an hour and went nowhere So I did a hard shut down and rebooted The computer is running normally again I have no issues playing Skyrim or WoW or anything else but I can't rebuild my castle in Stronghold Kingdoms because when I run it it says quot Stronghold Kingdoms has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Please close the progam Close the Program lt ----that's the only button I can click P I've uninstalled the game and re-downloaded reinstalled it several times I've also tried running in through Steam -which just can't happen SHK thinks Steam is offline constantly so only the SHK standalone client works for me This makes me fairly sad because I like sending out my little scouts and armies when I don't feel like shooting arrows into people's knees in Skyrim or farming free epics from little boxes in WoW I've posted on the support forums in SHK but my searching for more info has been fruitless and I don't feel particularly confident that Firefly studios will be able to resolve my issue so I'm posting here as well Any thoughts please

A:A program has stopped working

sounds like something somehow got corrupted. Have you tried doing a sfc /scannow? If not i would try that to make sure there are no errors. i might also consider trying to do a system restore which might restore functionality. Start, programs, accessories, then to system tools and click system restore and select a date before this issue started happening. if that doesnt work then post back and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319389-program-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I saw some other topics about this problem but none of the solutions worked for me So I bought this new laptop a few weeks ago It was a display model Maybe that s where I went wrong Anyway since I have it some programs crash randomly I get the message lt Program gt exe has stopped working or it just closes without a message at all This happens to VLC player Counterstrike GO and some other games I have reinstalled windows and updated my GeForce driver to the latest windows compatible version Then I ran a system file check and I ll post the results below I only pasted the files it cannot repair - - Info CSI a SR Cannot repair member file l quot msyhbd ttc quot of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-MicrosoftYaHeiBold Version pA amd nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI c SR Repairing corrupted file ml l quot C WINDOWS fonts quot l quot msyhbd ttc quot from store - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot msyhl ttc quot of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-MicrosoftYaHeiLight Version pA amd nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI a SR Program stopped working Cannot repair member file l quot mshtml dll quot of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering-Legacy Version pA amd nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI f SR Cannot repair member file l quot Clip sec VC mbps wmv quot of Microsoft-Windows-WinSATMediaFiles Version pA Program stopped working amd nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e in the store hash mismatch Program stopped working - - Info CSI fb SR Repairing corrupted file ml Program stopped working l quot C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v quot l quot System DirectoryServices AccountManagement dll quot from store So my question is what do I do now This is Windows suggestion quot Note You may be able to get a known good copy of the system file from another computer that is running the same version of Windows with your computer You may perform a System File Checker process on that computer to make sure the system file that you intend to copy is a good copy quot But I don t have another laptop pc lying around Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Program stopped working

Ok so after some more research I came across this page: http://blogs.technet.com/b/joscon/a...ion-in-windows-8-and-windows-server-2012.aspx

After funning C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth I have no more corrupt files.

The thing is, my programs are still closing randomly...
Anyone any ideas?

Another update:
This is what my event viewer says after counter strike crashes:
Faulting application name: csgo.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55b168e5
Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 10.18.13.5362, time stamp: 0x55b02ffd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x002fd80e
Faulting process id: 0x1af0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d13cff039399
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvd3dum.dll
Report Id: 4ec2eb73-3be9-4b56-85f0-cfcb29133f66
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-stopped-working.1153068/
Relevancy 62.35%

So, this problem really distrub me, when i wanted to play games there's "X has stopped working", it occured when in the middle of the game or when the game launch. It was also occured with my Chrome, Modem, and even my anti virus. I've tried to config the DEP but, it's still not working. And for the games, i'm sure i have the minimum requirements. So please help me, i have windows 7 home premium x64. Thanks hope for your answer

Sorry for the bad English

A:Every Program Stopped working

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
When asked, save the display information in English.
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Create a new folder by right clicking in a blank area within the folder Errors.evtx is saved in. You could also click New Folder at the top of the directory under the directory path box.
Name the new folder Errors.
Place Errors.evtx and the LocaleMetaData folder into the new Errors folder.
Right click the Errors folder -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.
I would also suggest checking for data corruption:If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log.
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225729-every-program-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi

I'm having an issue with a couple of program's i have installed. When I run the .exe the program doesn't load and I get a popup box saying (Active Sky 2012 has stopped working).

I deleted the program of the computer and removed any registry key related to the program, I then re-installed it and it still does the same thing.

I can not work out what is causing a couple of my fav programs to crash on loadup, they used to all work fine.

Please help.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-has-stopped-working.1081195/
Relevancy 62.35%

How do i stop these messages? Some of my stuff occasionally goes unresponsive for a short amount of time, and that windows message always closes said program. (same program on my xp, always unfreezes) I would seriously like to close unresponsive programs myself instead of a little message popping up and closing programs that i know will start working soon.

A:Program x has stopped working

Just a thought. Program x won't do x on O.S. X won't get you a lot of help. More information is needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328822/program-x-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey guys,
I'm pretty desperate here. I installed Vista and ever since I am unable to open or save files in programs (word, powerpoint, gmail) When I try to open the file it says (the program i am using).exe has stopped working and needs to close. I am unable to save or open files and I am attending school any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

A:(any program i am using).exe has stopped working

Was this a new install? Or did you install Vista over an existing windows? After installing Vista did you install your programs (word, powerpoint, gmail) ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/any-program-i-am-using-exe-has-stopped-working-160575.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I installed Family History 3.0 on my new laptop over 12 months ago and I had no problems running until recently. An automatic upgrade to Windows Vista failed and I had to use restore, ever since this restore I have been unable to open Family History 3.0, getting message 'Family Historian has stopped working'.
I have tried reinstalling but get same message
My antivirus is Spyware Doctor, I have run a full scan , there were no errors that needed to be repaired
Hope somebody can help

A:Program has stopped working

Try with clean boot to help diagnose
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

If that does not work, try in safe mode.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286872-program-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Evening guys
i have this problem with 2 of my programs
video avatar & flash decompiler
when i open a file they immediatly shut down >< giving this message

help me guys

A:The Program Has Stopped Working

Does Windows 7 have all the latest updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/154966-program-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I installed Kindle for PC a week ago and it worked fine but now suddenly it doesn't even want to launch. If i try to start the program i see kindle.exe appear in Task Manager for a few seconds and then exit. I reinstalled the program couple of times but still doesn't work. Any idea how to find what is happening?

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

A:Program stopped working

Which version is the software? Where did you purchase or download the software from?

Is there any error messages. Also go to Start type in Event Viewer and hit enter, under Windows/Application see if there is any errors regarding the Kindle software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/program-stopped-working-703741.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings working, has program" Frequent Error Windows the will "'Program' stopped now close I'd like to throw some fresh sand onto "'Program' has stopped working, Windows will now close the program" Frequent Error this programs stop working in Windows Vista topic which is ancient but appears to remain unresolved I've had this same problem nefariously for many a moon now while it isn't crippling of my computers performance it occurs frequently enough to make me question if perhaps it isn't a worm I've consulted a series of forums about their respective programs but after concluding that it isn't exclusively an issue with each individual program in which I encounter this application terminating error I am left to believe that it may indeed be an OS spanning bug Personally I have received exactly the same suggestions for correcting the problem as have been listed here in response to this fellow's on at least half a dozen boards Remove Norton They say this must be a fairly common and frustrating problem Norton and while i have no doubt that it's as tyrannical and computer devouring as people say it is it's never been on my system ever I'm running an HP Slimline it's a great machine with Vista Home Premium This Error has stopped me from running my recently purchased edition of Avast Professional Edition's system scanner a series of other nameless programs and a handful of relatively unbeefy videogames like Phantasy Star Universe When prompting windows to quot find a solution to the problem quot windows quite simply chooses not to or can't I can't tell because that's usually where the error prompt dissipates ne'r to return lest I attempt to run said program again This was once a largely frustrating problem but at this point I'm finding it fascinating because the more I search the more I find this exact same pattern in forums and FAQs and help files quot I get a prompt what do I do quot quot Remove norton quot quot Did never had quot quot Uh slap yourself until you cry and write a poem about it quot Really though about different places one on the Avast Forum two on other windows help forums one clearly here one on a general error forum and two on video game forums Harsh Always the same thing too It's such a small problem that it doesn't warrant grabbing Microsoft's attention but it's severe in those very few of us that have it and well it's just making us unfriendly to the rote responses we're getting on behalf of the community of degenerate fools who are enjoying the quot has stopped working windows closed the program quot error I formally apologize Any fresh ideas that don't start with remove symantec I can't it's non existent on my computer Uber thankee's My HJT log file is listed below ogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows System mobsync exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Snapfish Media Detector SnapfishMediaDetector exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro ... Read more

A:"'Program' has stopped working, Windows will now close the program" Frequent Error

A) Don't bother trying to let Windows find a solution. 99% of the time it won't.

B) I assume 'many a moon' is not 'since new'. It's most likely a driver or app that has been installed and is conflicting with something.

C) Apart from Avast and Phantasy Star Universe, exactly what apps are crashing?

D) Your log doesn't show anything untoward. A few unnecessary start up items though.

E) Are all drivers, Windows Updates etc, up to date?
Check in Event viewer > Custom Views > Administrative events for the application crashes and see if there are any common 'faulting modules' that point to a particular file or files.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/233619-program-has-stopped-working-windows-will-now-close-program-frequent-error.html
Relevancy 61.49%

To speed up my computer, I did a "registry reviver" and "driver reviver" on my computer, also did "disk defragmenter" and "disk cleanup". I then also disabled a few "start up" programs... Computer is faster, BUT since doing so my printer doesnt work. I am getting the following error message.

"Printer Status Window Interface stopped working and was closed

A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

So far I have rebooted computer, unplugged printer, attempted to reinstall. It shows a green checkmark in "print setup" and appears to be properly installed. No luck so far, still get error message as soon as I press "print" for any document or internet page etc.
Any advice?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-status-window-interface-stopped-working-and-was-closed.930037/
Relevancy 61.49%

Trouble shooters and windows fix-it centre no longer work; previously was able to restore devices which would stop working after a shutdown.
Windows File Checker utility (sfc.exe) reports "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"
The following is a diagnostic report. Any help would be appreciated.
DrissaDevice TypeIntel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2935 Device StatusFailure using the VxD loader. (Code 19) Plug and Play IDPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2935&SUBSYS_3624103C&REV_03\3&21436425&0&E9

A:USB devices stopped working; Window 7 Code 19 Failure loading Using th

Hello Drissa, Welcome to the forum.
Could you please fill out your system specs it would help us to help you
As this is a reoccuring problem and Code 19 points to a registry problem I think it might be best/quicker if you were to make backups and reinstall Windows, if you have a windows DVD you may wish to try a repair install; Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/159463-usb-devices-stopped-working-window-7-code-19-failure-loading-using-th.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Upon startup of windows every single time I'm getting the error message of:

Desktop Window Manager Stopped working & was closed

What is this and how do I make it go away?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393446-error-upon-startup-desktop-window-manager-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, I'm Cassie.
I have been using the program named "Paint Tool Sai" which is a digital artist program. I currently am on my Surface Pro 4 and an update started up early this morning when I tried logging in ( 9/19/2016 ). As soon as I open the program, I noticed that the update has changed the resolution and made the program screen "tiny".
Here's what it looks like now:

and this is what it looked like before the update:

I have tried researching the problem, troubleshooting capability, and changing screen resolution from display settings. So far Sai is the only program that is not being fixed.
I would really like it back to normal without having to uninstall updates. So any help would be great, I really need to get these commissions done.
Thanks,
Cassie
1]: [click here 2]: [click here

A:Program Stopped Working After Update

Only another user of that tool will be able to help - and I have never even heard of it, never mind used it.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/program-stopped-working-after-update-4604532/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi

I am trying to make a DVD using Windows Moviemaker and Muvie maker . Nothing illegal just trying to make DVD using footage from camcorder . I get this message "program has stopped working and has to close " I get an option to check for solution but i never get one . It is completely random and it only happens when using one of these programs . Please help . P.S keep it in Laymens terms as i am not very sharp with computers . Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-program-has-stopped-working-and-has-to-close.837996/
Relevancy 61.49%

For the last few weeks I have been getting these messages several times during the day. I tried removing Skype from the start add-on but it did not help. I checked the event log and many of them show

EVENT ID 1006 Source Distribution COM
Kernel ....

I am hoping to find a way to make sure that the computer does not creash eventually. If anyone can help me it will be appreciated. Please note that I have limited technical knowledge of computers when proving instructions.

I have Norton 360 and use its Firewall....

Thank you for any assistance

AG

A:Program Stopped Working Messages

I was looking at the previous error messages and I failed to mention a substantial number of errors that show as Source:

SCHANNEL and read: SSL remote connection request Errors 36888, 36874.

I mention this because I have been getting constant
phone calls from India apparently (accent) telling me that Windows want to fix my computer due to the constant errors, etc. and I just hang up. Could this be related?

I also have quite a fews showing Error 315 Sharing a printer.

These are most of the errors that I have been getting in the last few months.

Thank you,

Ana

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342017-program-stopped-working-messages.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

I have disturbed unwillingly my laptop and there are some installed programs which have stopped working.
for example, I were using a software called epiinfo 7. after the disturbance, I launch it and it reprts me that it has stopped working and the following details problem:
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2111c0
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 0000d36f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Is there someone to help me to fix this Problem?

Thank you

A:An already installed program has stopped working

Hi and welcome.
What happens when you re-install the software called epiinfo 7?
Do you still get the same error?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/an-already-installed-program-has-stopped-working.1057173/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello a couple days ago all of my antivirus antispyware stopped working If I try to run it I get messages like quot System error has occurred Service is not online program antiware Every stopped working! Application terminates quot when I try to run Ad-Aware I was tryng to fing answers on this forum but everything involves using Every antiware program stopped working! HijackThis which I can not run I get message quot C Program Every antiware program stopped working! Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe is not a valid Win application quot The same happens Every antiware program stopped working! with ComboFix and ATF-Cleaner I allreadi tried to start in Safe mode but Wndows doesn t start in any of the safemode options It crashes at Mup sys The Windows starts normaly in normal mode I can run every program except antivirus and antispyware programes Regedit and Windows Task Manager work fine I can t even run internet Kaspersky scan Only programe I can run is HaxFix I attached a HaxFix log I have desktop computer GHz AMD Athlon MB ram GB WD hard drive I have double boot with windows on one partition and Fedora Linux on the other partition and a third partition for my files accessible from both partitions Please help me and thank you for your answers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/every-antiware-program-stopped-working.770988/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,
In the last few days when my laptop is loading the o/system (Vista home premium) I have been getting a message box appearing saying that a file (with the ridiculous name of yzmzrvgaulawolr) has stopped working, windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available, I researched this file, but unsurprisingly came up with nothing! then I often get another box saying that apple software has stopped working and will close.
If I wait a while both boxes disappear and the operating system seems to continue as normal, but I find these boxes highly annoying and would like to get rid of them, so, can anyone shed any light on this problem?
Thanks.

A:This program has stopped working and will close down

Now I am also getting: Java update client checker has stopped working, which I believe deals with data execution prevention.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352816/this-program-has-stopped-working-and-will-close-down/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am running a game server on my windows vista pc, the game server is unstable and crashes alot so i made a autorestarter. The only problem is the autorestarter does not work as when it crashes windows vista gives me a box saying this program has stopped working. How do i disable the program has stopped working box?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-program-has-stopped-working-message.604555/
Relevancy 61.49%

I run windows and have done so for the last few years I run old apps like delphi and they've always worked with compatability settings I got a bit of a fright when the app didn't Program working compatability stopped load and immediate cleaned the system of malware and viruses using microsoft security essentials and malwarebytes On a closer look it wasn't all my applications just the ones needing compatability settings I restarted my computer in safe mode and the software worked I went back into normal mode to see why it wasn't working since there's no error it just shows the Program compatability stopped working loading mouse cursor and nothing comes of it When I open the task manager the process is there for a short while but then disappears It Program compatability stopped working is replaced by a pcaui exe which is apparently the program compatability using k memory I've Program compatability stopped working run regTweaker hoping there was a problem with the program compatability assistant and that it might fix it but no luck Any suggestions

A:Program compatability stopped working

Can you re-establish the Compatibility? (r-click, Properties, Compatibility tab)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534716/program-compatability-stopped-working/
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently updated my drives and now the program Winamp does not work, I keep getting a message saying "the media library you are attempting to use requires an internet connection" and "this program cannot display the webpage" although I have an internet connection, also another problem I am having is some of my audio files stored in my extenal hard drive are playing just fine and the others are sounding distorted and the volume is much lower. What can I do to correct this? Need help please

A:Winamp program stopped working

Re-install Winamp and also try other programs before to make sure it is a wimamp problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winamp-program-stopped-working-473371.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Just recently I've been having some difficulties with an error that has shown itself on two programs so far, but no others. The first is Puush, and it's screenshot is here:

Originally I thought my computer was having problems with just Puush, but I found another program that this happens to. It's FileHippo.com's update checker. Here is the screenshot of that one:

I've tried everything I could think of, and everything I could find online. My next step I might try is to uninstall every .NET Framework on my PC, and then re-install. I'm starting to believe the problem lies somewhere with .NET Framework, but I could be totally wrong.
If anybody has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated. If I don't find a fix soon, I might go ahead with the .NET Framework wipe and see if that helps.
Thanks in advance for any responses.

A:CLR20r3 - Program has stopped working

Totally wiped .NET Framework off my computer, and did a fresh download and install, still didn't solve the problem. Looks like I'll need someone else's opinion now, mine isn't working...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/231638-clr20r3-program-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've been using win since the release candidates where available and I'm fairly happy with it dialog etc working, program > rid stopped the has Getting of <this Just one part has been driving me nuts Whenever a program doesn't close down correctly or crashes you get a helpfull little popup that says quot A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Please colse the program quot With a single button that says close the program Fine so far however most of the time it's not actually a crash or anything it's just an old winxp program that closes down in a weird way when you exit it To make matters worse the damn dialog window is a small box about inches wide it hides the cursor on any other part of the screen and when it pops up it's not automatically selected So you can't press enter and have to hunt with an invisble cursor for a small box in the middle of your screen I'm pretty sure this entire thing is designed to be as annoying as possible Even worse there's only one action which is pressing the damned close button making the entire popup pointless in the first place I've tried turning off error reporting for all users but that doesn't change a thing I've tried turning it off via both the control panel and via services but the thing is still annoying Getting rid of the <this program has stopped working, etc > dialog me It Getting rid of the <this program has stopped working, etc > dialog is using the werfault exe but apparently not in order to report errors Does anybody have a clue how to get rid of this pointless popup

A:Getting rid of the <this program has stopped working, etc > dialog

The error dialog is built into Windows.
Stopping it won't be very easy.

But, the question is why does your cursor disappear? That's not normal behavior.
I'd start by running the System File Checker:

Quote:
SFC.EXE /SCANNOW
Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)
At the top of the search box, right click on the cmd.exe and select "Run as adminstrator"
In the black window that opens, type "SFC.EXE /SCANNOW" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Let the program run and post back what it says when it's done.

Then I'd update your mouse drivers and your video drivers.
If that doesn't work, then post back and we'll ask for some reports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/115239-getting-rid-program-has-stopped-working-etc-dialog.html
Relevancy 61.49%

First of all I am having the EXACT same problem although with different programs as this person here http www sevenforums com bsod-help d-working html I'll describe my problem below but first I want to say that I have read through that thread and - has Program CLR20r3 stopped working the two people who were helping that person karlsnooks and writhziden suggested either A complete wipe re-install of Windows or Posting on the SevenForum's System Security forum CLR20r3 - Program has stopped working I would really REALLY like to avoid a complete wipe CLR20r3 - Program has stopped working re-install of Windows so I figured I'd post my problem here first and if there are no other ideas I'll then take it over to the System Security forums So yeah I'm having the same problem as the post linked above It started after I attempted to install the free version of GameMaker Studio The progam installed but would not run After uninstalling it I noticed other programs starting to give me the quot Program has stopped working quot error with the Event Name CLR r I'll paste two of them below Description Stopped working Problem signature Problem Event Name CLR r Problem Signature ck game exe Problem Signature Problem Signature f fd Problem Signature mscorlib Problem Signature Problem Signature f b Problem Signature b b Problem Signature c Problem Signature System IO FileLoadException OS Version Locale ID Description Stopped working Problem Event Name CLR r Problem Signature netfx testapplication exe Problem Signature Problem Signature ee Problem Signature mscorlib Problem Signature Problem Signature ef Problem Signature b e Problem Signature Problem Signature System IO FileLoadException OS Version Locale ID Before stumbling upon the post I originally CLR20r3 - Program has stopped working linked above my searches pointed at the possibility of NET Framework being the problem so I found this thread and did the DISM command to disable enable I also used the NET Framework Setup Verification Tool which gave me the CLR r error when trying to verify NET SP SP and SP but verified fine After doing that is when I found the SevenForum thread I linked at the top of this post and here I am I am also having the exact same issue with the Event Viewer as the guy in the other post when I run eventvwr exe in Admin mode or otherwise I get this I have attached CCleaner logs to this post Any help would be appreciated

A:CLR20r3 - Program has stopped working

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It took a few hours of trying, but the yoyogames website finally responded so that I could download the app. Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate your issue.

The app installed just fine into one of my W7 64bit virtual machines and the app worked. I tried it with .NET 4.5.1 already installed and without .NET 4.5.1 installed. I also monitored the entire install process, the registration process and starting/exiting the app using Process Monitor. I did not see those processes do anything unusual.

You have a lot of outdated software installed. Flash and Java are the worst that I noticed... but that has little to do with your issue. Sorry, I'm not sure what to suggest other than to keep an eye on this active thread:
"Program" has stopped working Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323207-clr20r3-program-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to run an older 16 bit dos application on Windows 7 Professional with XP Mode. The program begins to load, and sometimes loads completely, and then I get the error "Ntvdm.exe has stopped working"
It runs fine under Windows 95, 98, 2000 and XP with compatabillity mode set to Windows 98.
But it does not work under Windows 7 even when I run as adminstrator.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Relevancy 60.63%

I've working, program stopped wont .exe has close recently started getting the following .exe has stopped working, wont close program error message windows -textxtratextxtra exe has stopped working -decorad dvisual exe has stopped working -silverlightmicrosoft exe has stopped working -studiovisual exe has stopped working -swadcmprdirector exe has stopped working there will only be active message windows at once when I try to use the prompt to close the program its replaced several seconds later by one of the other warnings I'm pretty sure the problem files are in the appdata locallow folder but I'm unsure of how to either delete or uninstall them Some are in a microsoft subfolder and some are in a shockwave folder The error messages can be placed off to the side of the screen and are little more than a nusiance so far but I don't trust that it'll remain that way I'd also registered with Hulu immediately before this happened and as I'm quite unknowledgeable am unsure if this had anything to do with it Any help is appreciated

A:.exe has stopped working, wont close program

Just 1 midday bump

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/exe-has-stopped-working-wont-close-program-517644.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Windows keep telling me that one of my programs has stopped working. Usually its either my windows gadgets that have stopped working or windows explorer. This message is also displayed with a few other programs. Any advice ?

A:Windows keep telling me a program has stopped working

Quote: Originally Posted by Fudgepuppy

Windows keep telling me that one of my programs has stopped working. Usually its either my windows gadgets that have stopped working or windows explorer. This message is also displayed with a few other programs. Any advice ?

Yep

Start by filling in your complete system specs.

Tell us what you were doing just before it happened

Tell us the exact error message if any

Tell us if this has always happened, or just started.

Etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/226906-windows-keep-telling-me-program-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

I've installed the Tajima Pulse 14 software to 4 different pcs, but only 2 of them worked well. Other 2 doesn't work. When I open it after installation "stopped working" error shows up.

I deactivated firewall,antivirus, uninstalled frameworks tried many thing but still the same.

The point is, I followed same instructions in all computers why 2 of them are not working? 3 of them are win 8 and other one is win7. All 64bits.

I'm thinking to solve the problem I hope you guys give me ideas.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/380101-program-stopped-working-tajima-pulse-14-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

I've installed the Tajima Pulse 14 software to 4 different pcs, but only 2 of them worked well. Other 2 doesn't work. When I open it after installation "stopped working" error shows up.

I deactivated firewall,antivirus, uninstalled frameworks tried many thing but still the same.

The point is, I followed same instructions in all computers why 2 of them are not working? 3 of them are win 8 and other one is win7. All 64bits.

I'm thinking to solve the problem I hope you guys give me ideas.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/380101-program-stopped-working-tajima-pulse-14-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

if i click a link in outlook express or other programs the program freezes...I have to close the top instance of iexplore.exe in task manager to recover.
Help please

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 199944 MB; D: Total - 152625 MB, Free - 97292 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., 965P-DS3
Antivirus: AVG update module, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Solved: links stopped working from any program

never mind...got it working by disabling AVG toolbar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-links-stopped-working-from-any-program.1099830/
Relevancy 60.63%

Advent - OS Vista Have been using a program for the last few months of stopped working...loads ! times Program with no problems until last few weeks It is a trading charts platform The problem occurs after I have closed the program- when I want to reopen it the Program stopped working...loads of times ! format has changed my blue circle keeps whirring around the fan heats up and I cannot exit out of the program I have to open Task Manager and end the program I notice that it is using up to of Program stopped working...loads of times ! the Peformance I then get the quot windows has stopped working close the program send report quot etc I then have to uninstall all the components of the download then reinstall SO IT OPENS UP PERFECT ON THE FIRST TIME BUT NEVER AFTER THAT Also my date amp time seems to be affected when this happens I m transported back to so have to change this it doesnt change in the BIOS Program stopped working...loads of times ! I have attached a copy of the report and have looked up the error code but can t find a solution How can it download succesfully but not oopen up correctly after I have the program installed on my old Toshiba Satellite A - - OS XP with no problems The only way for me to keep it on is to never close the program and let the laptoop hibernate overnight but this is not practical as I want to take laptop with me when working away etc nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-stopped-working-loads-of-times.1096641/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello. An hour ago, I was writing a paper for college, I wanted to add a header to the document, but when I opened the dropdown slide, Word froze. I waited for 5 minutes before finally giving up, and quitting the program.

Now I can't open the program again.. It simply just pops the small box op in the middle of the screen (which it always does when starting) and then freezes.

I've been trying to restart the computer, and to use windows repair function to make it work, none of it helped.

At the moment I'm uninstalling and reinstalling, but if it still doesn't work, I would be grateful if you guys could help me out

I'm running Windows Vista (64-bit) and the version of Word is 2007 Enterprise Office pack.

Thanks in advance
Xanthom

Relevancy 60.63%

Yikes, Have a new HP Pavilion dv3-1073cl running Vista Home 64 bit and it errors daily with the following. Anyone know the solution to this end this annoying error?

Application Name: TVAgent.exe
Application Version: 2.0.1.924
Application Timestamp: 48da0ed1
Fault Module Name: MSVCR71.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.10.3052.4
Fault Module Timestamp: 3e561eac
Exception Offset: 00010428
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: a34a
Additional Information 2: c9c5f4fd744690d388ab9d5b3eb051a7
Additional Information 3: cb2e
Additional Information 4: 650bb5690556a17e911375b94d3e16f0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-smartcard-tv-resident-program-has-stopped-working.812092/
Relevancy 60.2%

Ok here is what i am experiencing When i boot my laptop (windows 7) Loads fine i get to the Login screen and type in my password it brings up the Welcome screen and then it just sets on that screen for about 30min or so then it will go to a black screen for about 5-10min then it loads my desktop with two errors both say Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working and was Closed and a friend told me to run RKILL to see if something was running and its showed C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe not really sure what to do so if you guys could help me i would be so thankful i have ran AVG and Combo Fix with no luck finding the source of the problem

A:[SOLVED] Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSAMD64
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.5.1
Run by Matt at 19:46:40 on 2012-08-17
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.4044.2754 [GMT -4:00]
AV: Norton Internet Security *Disabled/Outdated* {63DF5164-9100-186D-2187-8DC619EFD8BF}
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Outdated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Norton Internet Security *Disabled/Outdated* {D8BEB080-B73A-17E3-1B37-B6B462689202}
FW: Norton Internet Security *Disabled* {5BE4D041-DB6F-1935-0AD8-24F3E73C9FC4}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\PC Tools\PC Tools Security\BDT\BDTUpdateService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\18.7.1.3\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\PMB\PMBDeviceInfoProvider.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftvsa.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Content Folder Watcher\VCFw.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VCM Intelligent Analyzing Manager\VcmIAlzMgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgrSub.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgrSub.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Gate\VAIO Gate.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftlist.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Virtualization Handler\CVHSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Smart Network\VSNService.exe
C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\SPF\SpfService64.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Smart Network\VSNClient.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 5\VAIOUpdt.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VCM Manager Settings\VcmMgrNotification64.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-desktop-window-manager-stopped-working-and-c-windows-syswow64-rundll32-exe-660839.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I m currently hosting a certain type of server using a command line interface window The problem is that it s having an issue where Vista -bit just pops up with a window saying xxxxx xxx has stopped working and asks me to close it or check online for a solution You should know which window I mean It has only just started 'xxxxx.xxx has a working' program Auto-Close stopped doing this - normally it simply restarts itself when it crashes and works fine again Now all of a sudden it just freezes and that error box Auto-Close a 'xxxxx.xxx has stopped working' program pops up I m not asking for help with the server - I d just like to know if I can auto-close the has stopped working box thereby auto-closing the program If I can do that it restarts itself automatically It doesn t matter if it will be a global affect - if it can be done to auto-close any and all has stopped working boxes then that is fine as well Thanks in advance for your help I m going to sleep now but I ll check the thread soon as I wake up I hope you understood what I meant - AM and very sleepy nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-close-a-xxxxx-xxx-has-stopped-working-program.691869/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi On Thursday after installing some Windows Updates when I turned the computer back on I got loads of errors saying so and so program had stopped working I tried system restore the first few restore points made no difference but then after one restore the computer wouldn't get past the login screen It wouldn't work in safe mode either it wouldn't get past the login screen System restore on the Vista CD wouldn't work either I did a memory check on the RAM two sticks GB each with the Ubuntu live CD and that popped up loads of errors I eventually pinpointed the errors to one of the sticks of RAM by taking one stick out at a time Using the working stick of RAM I used system restore to restore to a few days before the problems started This worked and enabled me to log in However I still get the error boxes on startup I also got a Norton Error x E and are the error codes but I've since fixed that with a fix from their website I've attached a screenshot of all the error boxes that appear Windows Live Messenger is one of the programs that crashes and the same error box comes up if I try to open Messenger from the start menu Also when I was trying to run the Norton fix it said to disable user account control I did this but then when I tried to open Internet Explorer so I could run the fix Norton says you have to use IE not Firefox it immediately came up with quot Lots working" on "This program errors of startup has stopped Internet Explorer has stopped working quot and it wouldn't open Enabling user account control fixed this and I managed to run the Norton fix by running IE as quot Run as administrator quot I've since used the Memory Diagnostics tool in Vista and that's confirmed that one of the RAM sticks and not the other but it took the extended check to spot the error Any help to get rid of these errors and to get my PC running smoothly again would be much appreciated Thanks Neil

A:Lots of "This program has stopped working" errors on startup

I would suggest uninstalling the applications that are giving errors, then reinstalling them. I'd suspect that the corrupt memory caused a corrupt installation of them.Here's what I found:- Windows Live Messenger- NSWRTPROC usually belongs to products from this company: http://www.newsoftinc.com/- CTHelper usually belongs to Creative SoundBlaster products- Norton Security - I'd ditch the whole thing, but if you're determined to keep it, use the Norton Removal Tool to remove all traces and then reinstall it.- Asus DH Remote software - uninstall it from the Control Panel and visit the Asus website for an updated version- CTXFIREG - SoundBlaster again- CTXFIHlp MFC - SoundBlaster again- NSWRTMON - same as NSWRTPROC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175648/lots-of-this-program-has-stopped-working-errors-on-startup/
Relevancy 60.2%

I get the program has stopped Has Working Errors Program Malware? - Stopped Multiple working error dialog box with Notepad Outlook Word Excel Powerpoint Adobe Acrobat and even with DDS while I was following the preparation steps before posting here At first I got a dialog box that said an add-in was the problem and asked me if I wanted to remove it by clicking I did this a few times but still could not launch the program I was trying to open which Multiple Program Has Stopped Working Errors - Malware? was Outlook I'm sure now that I should not have clicked At this point I only get the Program has stopped working dialog box with an option to close program This all started yesterday Also when I was backing up my Outlook pst file following the forum prep instructions I noticed that the file format is no longer pst but rather it's in adobe acrobat PDF format I think I need help in uncorrupting or resetting the format of my Outlook file The dds txt info is below and the attach txt file is attached per the instructions Thank you in advance for all of your help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows Pro with Media Center GMT - AV Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k RPCSS C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS System spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k apphost C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system dashost exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Microsoft Online Services MSOIDSVC EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Microsoft Online Services MSOIDSvcm exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSRS SQLEXPRESS Reporting Services ReportServer bin ReportingServicesService exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k iissvcs C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn fdlauncher exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn fdhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C WINDOWS system dwm exe C Program Files x MSI Afterburner MSIAfterburner exe C WINDOWS system taskhostex exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k swprv C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system SearchFilterHost exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www nytimes com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client del... Read more

A:Multiple Program Has Stopped Working Errors - Malware?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/507836 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507836/multiple-program-has-stopped-working-errors-malware/
Relevancy 60.2%

**Sigh**

So, as of yesterday I've had this issue when using Firefox. I open my hotmail account and create a new email, blah blah blah, but when I go to attach a file (select it, press attach etc.) it starts to upload then I get this error message:

"Windows host program (rundll32) has stopped working"

I let it search for a solution but nothing turns up and instead the program closes. I use Vista, and this is the first time I've had issues with attaching files. I've been searching for solutions but found nothing but those concerning a missing rundll32 file altogether.

I don't like it... I don't like it at all...

HELP please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-host-program-rundll32-has-stopped-working.841603/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have used "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP) listing my ACDC file viewer. I listedACDC because after it completes normally each time, there is an error message that says "Application has stopped working." I no longer want to see this error message.I use ACDC 7 for viewing and editing graphic files, here with this Windows 7 (64) system.

I usually select files with Windows Explorer, and they open using ACDC.

When I close the last file viewed, I get this error message that says "ACDSee 7.0 Application has stopped working"Installations of this ACDC on other Windows 7 computers do not have this issue. So I need to resolve it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a0063f4-dcb4-41ea-bc25-ca31ca73058d/dep-not-working-after-program-ends-normally-error-message-still-says-quotapplication-has-stopped?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

I have always used Message Rules in my Windows Mail Program (not the web one)

However it was a Pop account
Now I have changed my internet provider and deleted that account

I have now added a Gmail IMAP Account to Windows Mail

But cannot seem to get it to set the message rules where I get emails to be highlighted in different colours for each sender

Is it still possible please?

A:Windows Mail Program on Pc .. Message Rules Stopped Working

Hi jo69, welcome to Seven Forums.
I have never attempted to do what you do but, I do use Gmail in WLM 2012 using POP, why not change from IMAP to POP, it worked for you in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/314928-windows-mail-program-pc-message-rules-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 59.34%

stop working correctly.

I just installed Manga Studio 5 to my PC and have not once been able to to get it to open/work. Each time this message pops up. I have the program installed on my macbook pro and there I had no problems so I don't think the problem lies with the software CD. The software should be compatible with Windows systems as old as XP so I don't think it's a compatibility issue either. I know there's a trick with turning the DEP on except for exceptions but I can't add a 64-bit program to that. What can I do?

If this is the wrong board to put a question like this, please redirect me.

A:Manga Studio has stopped working. A problem caused the program to...

I think that me and another person may also have the same error. I'm running off a MacBook Pro Bootcamp, but she's on some model of Windows-based computer, and we're both running Windows 7 x64, so it's probably not machine-specific. Again it does run on her Mac OS X system with no apparent problems.

This is my crash log, if someone knows what it means:

Quote:
Problem signature:
Application Name: Manga Studio.exe
Application Version: 5.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 50acf1de
Fault Module Name: StackHash_7e9b
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5be02b
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 00000000000c6cd2
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Additional Information 1: 7e9b
Additional Information 2: 7e9b0cd4112b849e832c9766e207dbea
Additional Information 3: 2d96
Additional Information 4: 2d96c2cd1f9ae1278f824f378ca867bc

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/296482-manga-studio-has-stopped-working-problem-caused-program.html
Relevancy 58.91%

When I try clicking the start button, it doesn't work. I move my mouse to the right side of the screen, and the bar doesn't come up. Same with moving my mouse to the top left corner of the screen. I checked the properties by right clicking the task bar. The corner navigation options are checked off to show them when I move my mouse to the different corners. When I googled for answers, they were saying to make sure to uninstall third-party applications. I don't have downloaded so I don't know how it would stop working.

A:Start button stopped working

Hi Ali, welcome to Windows EightForums!

First of all, try the keyboard shortcuts:

Start - Windows Key
Charms Bar - Windows Key + C.

Could also be something as simple as a quick reboot.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52279-start-button-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I updated from Windows 7 Home Premium. Everything was working fine until this morning. I am able to boot to my user account and the Start screen appears. However, none of the tiles work. I can't get onto my desktop. When I try Task Manager, it will flash briefly but won't display. I can switch users, shut down, etc by using ctrl-alt-delete options. When I switch to a different user account, everything works including the Start screen. When I switch back, the Start screen doesn't work. I am now using an alternate user accounts, but I need to get back to my main account. Any advice?

TIA
Jim

A:Start screen stopped working

System Restore to before this happened?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12313-start-screen-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i googled about this start up pop up, and it said about two rundll32.exe running by NVIDIA, probably about network adapters, or something... because this "rundll32.exe has stopped working" has started recurring since i installed updates of NVIDIA... there are ways to disable it but i don't know which will i disable... it doesn't cause problem on my pc but it keeps on popping out when i boot up...

any ideas?

A:Rundll32.exe has stopped working start-up pop up

If it's associated with the nVidia software it's likely to cause problems if you stop them from running.
I'd first suggest visiting Windows Update and making sure that you're up to date.
Then, I'd suggest uninstalling the nVidia software, then installing a freshly downloaded copy from the nVidia website.
The fresh copy will help to ensure that there wasn't a problem with the previous installer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201295/rundll32exe-has-stopped-working-start-up-pop-up/
Relevancy 58.91%

when I click on the "E" button, Explorer won't launch. I can get on the web by clicking the "Best Of The Web" button so I know I am connected. Did I do something to my settings to turn the Explorer quick button off?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/quick-start-stopped-working-451010.html
Relevancy 58.91%

On my Vista laptop I installed AOEII a week ago couldn't get it to LAN with my other two comp's through a new N router gave up and it worked fine through my old G Then I tried to start the game and it crashes every time I had it on a clone drive so it would run off the harddrive Thought that was the problem so I uninstalled and reinstalled off the disc Still crashes Ran Spybot amp Ad-Aware uninstalled and ran AusLogics reg defrag CCleaner and reinstalled Still won't work I had it running in compatibility mode installed the latest quot super quot DirectX file I saw listed in another thread I don't get it Why won't it even stopped won't AOEII working...rather start start now Here is one of the event details Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name empires exe Application Version Application Timestamp af Fault Module Name empires exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp af Exception Code c Exception Offset d a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information c Additional Information c a c e a b Additional Information d c Additional Information a f dd a de a a Thank you for any help Ken

A:AOEII stopped working...rather won't start

Should i be worried now, since i installed AOE2 on my laptop?!

um, no idea, but thats interesting......
At the moment, im trying to get HOMAM3 to work... its driving me up the wall!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/199197-aoeii-stopped-working-rather-wont-start.html