Windows Support Forum

Brand new hp laptop won't install important updates due to 3 error codes...

Q: Brand new hp laptop won't install important updates due to 3 error codes...

I just received a new hp pavilion dv6227cl entertainment notebook in the mail. The computer said that it had 98 important updates it needed to install so I tried installing them and only 24 were able to be installed. It said the other 74 updates couldn't be installed because of error codes 8024402C, 80070020, and 80071A90. How can there be error codes already when it's new? I've already run a virus search on the computer and that didn't solve anything.

If anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate it. Please just let me know if there's any other information you need. This is my first time posting in a pc forum.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Brand new hp laptop won't install important updates due to 3 error codes...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Brand new hp laptop won't install important updates due to 3 error codes...

Welcome aboard Please download Farbar Service Scanner Download Link and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480826/brand-new-hp-laptop-wont-install-important-updates-due-to-3-error-codes/
Relevancy 85.14%

In the windows 8.1 pro windows update I tried to download and install all 92 important updates after it was thinking with the green bar moving from side to side instead start downloading the updates I got error:

Code 80248007 windows update ran into problem.

How can I solve it ?

A:Tried to install 92 important updates but get error why ?

Solved it with this tip: Open start and search for Action Center and then open troubleshooter there and run troubleshooter for Windows Update. Do these steps in the PC which you face the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66094-tried-install-92-important-updates-but-get-error-why.html
Relevancy 84.71%

My system info is in my profile installing Windows x Ultimate Retail Attached is all of the report info I have no idea what is going on Whenever I try to install all of the Windows updates it blue screens Then it updates, error misc when install install BSOD fresh on codes will reboot try to apply the updates BSOD on fresh install when install updates, misc error codes and blue screen again I've run Linux Server on this machine just fine so I'm fairly certain it's not a hardware issue Also this build is brand new built it a few weeks ago Thanks for your time Things I've Tried - Reinstalling Windows x Ultimate - GPU CPU and RAM stress tests all showed no signs of error - Unplugging extraneous HD's - sfc exe scannow no errors EDIT The main error code seems to be x Just got a new one that is xFC SOLUTION EDIT I disabled core unlocking and everything is magically working I suspect I had a faulty core unlocked Still doesn't explain the stress tests passing but whatever

A:BSOD on fresh install when install updates, misc error codes

This one DMP was related to the following.

STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231458-bsod-fresh-install-when-install-updates-misc-error-codes.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have an HP G - US laptop with W I am unable to download or install any Windows Updates The service freezes for a long time and results in Error Code I contacted HP Support twice and took the following actions without success I went to Control Panel System amp Security Admin Tools Services and clicked on BITS The description states quot Failed to Read Description Error Code quot I made sure that quot Start Up Type quot was on quot Automatic Delayed Start quot The service was stopped I clicked quot Start quot and got Error Code Updates Windows Error CAN'T - Codes Install Two quot The specified module could not be found quot I completed a System Restore and went back CAN'T Install Windows Updates - Two Error Codes as far as I could early October with no luck I have three other HP desktops with W All of my computers run substantially the same software which includes Spybot Malwarebytes and Avast antivirus My other computers get Windows Updates with no issues There are no other functionality problems that I can see with my laptop Can you help me

A:CAN'T Install Windows Updates - Two Error Codes

Are you referring to manual updates from Windows Update website, Automatic Updates, or both?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-install-windows-updates-two-error-codes-538166.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Just did a reinstall of my OS. All but 6 updates succeded. Windows 7 SP1

Failed:
error code: 80070308
KB2965788
KB2923545
KB2984981
KB3025390
error code: 80242016
KB2952664
KB2598845
Tried the windows tool to fix windows updates but didn't work.

edit: typo

A:5 Updates failed to install. Error codes 80070308 & 80242016

Hi greymatters It's normal for certain Windows Updates to fail when you install all of them at the same time. Did you try to install them individually or at least bit by bit and not all of them together?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560745/5-updates-failed-to-install-error-codes-80070308-80242016/
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm running windows seven home premium (32 bit) and having trouble updating for some time.
Hope someone can help me.
I attach the error codes picture.
I also tried to attach the cbs folder, but even after zipping it, it's still almost 30MB and I can't upload it.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

A:Unable to install updates - error codes 8e5e03fb, 9e5e03fa, 80070490

remove the older CBSPersist files from the archive until the resulting file is under the 8MB limit - or upload the full set to a fileshare site, and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372130-unable-install-updates-error-codes-8e5e03fb-9e5e03fa-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello All I've had my with ASUS Laptop Codes-Brand New various Persistent BC BSODs Asus N SM-E for a few weeks now and have been getting persistent BSODs I installed an additional gb of RAM before I used the computer for the first time x gb and after the first round of BSODs I ran memtest and realized that the gb stick which came with the laptop was faulty Removed it and did not have Persistent BSODs with various BC Codes-Brand New ASUS Laptop any more problems I realized that the RAM sticks however were not in their optimal locations and last week I moved them and after that the BSODs began again I have ran Persistent BSODs with various BC Codes-Brand New ASUS Laptop memtest again passes and it did not show any errors WhoCrashed continues to say that it is a software error though I have tried to Persistent BSODs with various BC Codes-Brand New ASUS Laptop update every driver I could Would greatly appreciate any help bought this laptop because my old one stopped being reliable and have so far been pretty disappointed Have attached all information Thanks Windows Home Premium x - the original installed OS on the system -Yes - an OEM or full retail version -OEM - What is the age of system hardware - month of use - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS - month

A:Persistent BSODs with various BC Codes-Brand New ASUS Laptop

When you removed the RAM and reseated it, did you follow safe electrostatic discharge practices? Avoid Static Damage to Your PC.
When you say you ran memtest, did you run Memtest86+ or memtest? There are a number of different memory testing tools available, and some are better than others.

I am not seeing much in your reports to indicate the true problem. I do see some hard disk problem related crashes. This could mean hard disk corruption, bad sectors, a failing hard disk, Windows files or registry corruption, viruses, or memory problems.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log (you may need to search for wininit instead of chkdsk).
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run the short and long tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, uninstall it in device manager and see if the system performs better.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

If you have already run Memtest86+ for 7-10 passes, you may skip the following. I have seen it take up to 21 passes to find errors. I have also seen it have to be run for 7-10 passes two or three times before it picks an error up, so it may be worth running again.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232868-persistent-bsods-various-bc-codes-brand-new-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 75.25%

For a while these updates have been showing up in Windows Updates, and they never install properly. Every time I shut down, it goes through a lengthy "update" in which nothing is actually installed. Any suggestions?

A:2 "Important Updates" Won't Install: error 80073712 and 8007000D

Enter clean startup: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Install only one of the patches. If it fails install the other one.
Which one fails?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/315976-2-important-updates-wont-install-error-80073712-8007000d.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version:
Processor:
Processor Count:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives:
Motherboard:
Antivirus: None

i cannot install important updates not sure about much about my laptop apart from its a toshiba satellite pro on windows 7 an when i tryed to install them this code came up code:80240016

A:cant install important updates

Hi and welcome,
Could you try running this again please?
TSG System Information Utility http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Your first attempt came up with nothing - as you can see

Thanks.
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-important-updates.1089293/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I have recently bought my daughter her first laptop as a gift and have been racking my brains as to why Windows won't install X540s BRAND install on Error Asus laptop-BSOD 7 to Unable NEW Windows We get an error message of which I attach a screenshot well a photo of the screen I am well versed with PC's after Unable to install Windows 7 on BRAND NEW Asus X540s laptop-BSOD Error all I am able to get the USB Flash drive recognized and started It isn't until just after quot Starting Windows quot does the screen go blue with said verbage Now to put things into context my daughter wanted a computer like mine which is Asus X VC of which I have no issues running Windows Her new Asus X s struggles with Win regardless we don't want Win but will keep it as the main C partition for now Am also waiting on Linux Mint but today I need Windows so please help Have spent the past few days scouring these forums Unable to install Windows 7 on BRAND NEW Asus X540s laptop-BSOD Error but have yet to find a solution to this quot modern quot problem Computers these days seem to be going backwards with less customizeability freely available at our disposal

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396970-unable-install-windows-7-brand-new-asus-x540s-laptop-bsod-error.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Properly-Important

yes
your first step should be:
1) Re-boot (Re-start)

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/279358-install-updates-properly-important.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Correctly-Important

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

Great information. Thanks for the warning about the updates coming soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/89189-install-updates-correctly-important.html
Relevancy 71.38%

ther are still 88 important updates that needs to be installed on the 2 windows 8 pc 's i have in the internet shop.

how serious is this to the security of the 2 pc's ??

will this greatly affect the virus and malware vulnerability ??

thank you

all machines windows 8 64bit

A:88 important updates cannot install windows 8 how serious

Important enough I would say, if you are concerned about too many updates or have other concerns, you can pick and choose only security updates. Other way would be to have only important chosen to download and install. There are also some updates without which you will not be able to upgrade to W8.1. As computers are used in the internet shop, it's even more important to take advantage of any security improvement you can get your hands on.
I suppose you have set tight security on them and network, route etc. You can also ad: MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool:: to guard against malware thru USB sticks if you allow customers to use them. Which other security measures have you taken ? AVs, soft/hard firewalls etc. ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/61206-88-important-updates-cannot-install-windows-8-how-serious.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,
Why do we get the option "Windows Updates. Important updates are available. Go to PC settings to install them" on the logon screen? Need to remove this option but without altering the update functionality. We are using SCCM for windows update.
Can you help how to remove it by GPO or any other option for large scale systems (5000+). At present the user cannot install the updates as it has been restricted. Attached the screen shot also.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f591fd1f-9b4b-484a-844f-cc26d2ec2161/reasons-for-quot-windows-updates-important-updates-are-available-go-to-pc-settings-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm looking for some help on this one.I just installed XP SP3 on my HP and everything appeared to go well. Then as directed I installed the additional security updates. However, everytime I click the "Turn Off Computer" button it will display the message to Click turn off to install important updates...... I have done this several times & the message keeps appearing. I've restored to the point following the SP3 install, no luck.I have also removed an SQL update (KB948109) which I thought may be the problem, still no luck.I can't seem to get rid of the message..... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Click Turn Off To Install Important Updates......

Turn off auto updates...at least, temporarily...and the issue should go away.Auto updating and WinUpdates have problems sometimes...I suppose that's why there's a WinUpdate troubleshooter, Microsoft Windows Update Troubleshooter - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156961/click-turn-off-to-install-important-updates/
Relevancy 70.95%

Computer says to restart to install important updates but when I restart no updates are installed and when I go to the check for updates folder it says your computer needs to restart to install updates.  Please help.  I've restarted several times. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627900/restart-your-computer-to-install-important-updates/
Relevancy 70.09%

For over 24 hours Windows Update has said "Restart your computer to install important updates", yet every time I restart and check Windows Update it is still saying "Restart your computwer to install important updates". The update history shows a security update, KB3069762, which has been showing as "pending" for the whole of this period despite numerous restarts, but never shows as "successful" or "failed". It just stays stuck at "pending". 

Is it likely this is the cause of the problem? I also uninstalled the "Upgrade to Windows10 Home " update which now shows as failed.

PS - I've tried uninstalling security update KB3069762 and then reinstalling manually via Microsoft Security Bulletins (MS15-067) but it still shows as pending after restarting.

A:"Restart your computer to install important updates" issue

Delete SoftwareDistribution where all downloaded updates are cached. Click Star Menu and type Cmd.exe into search box right clich Cmd.exe select "Run as administrator".  Within opened Command Prompt type Net stop wuauserv press Enter key. Type Rd /s /q %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution  press Enter key and restart your computer then check for new availble updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593738/restart-your-computer-to-install-important-updates-issue/
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm looking for some help on this one.
I just installed SP3 on my HP and everything appeared to go well. Then as directed I installed the additional security updates. However, everytime I click the "Turn Off Computer" button it will display the message to Click turn off to install important updates...... I have done this several times & the message keeps appearing.

I've restored to the point following the SP3 install, no luck.
I have also removed an SQL update (KB948109) which I thought may be the problem, still no luck.

I can't seem to get rid of the message..... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Click turn off to install important updates

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-click-turn-off-to-install-important-updates.729305/
Relevancy 70.09%

Dear Bleepingcomputer Staff About won't updates security install‏ Important BSOD/ weeks ago I thought all was well Problems started when updating java on my ninite installer Emsisoft would no longer install java with ninite Emsisoft BSOD/ Important security updates won't install‏ put files in quarantine I was confused by this but did nothing A week later I fell asleep listening to music on windows media player Only to awake with media player off and a black screen saying nic card is not present or corrupt I unplugged the computer and turned it back on only to be greeted with my first ever BSOD My e emachine acer notebook came with win pre installed After much trial and error and dumb luck I got windows to system repair screen It took and a half full days for my computer to repair corrupt files I ran chdsk and sfc Nothing came back on chdsk Sfc fixed most but not all corrupt files Ran full scans with Emsisoft Malwarebytes and MSEssentials No malware detected I ran sfc again and it said problems resolved there are no windows integrity problems Windows Important Security Update no longer install I tried hotfixes SURL error code trouble shooting update one by one Nothing worked Computer hangs at times for no reason It tells me at times MBAnti exploit Comodo application startup has closed unexpectedly Roguekiller hangs at checking services A DDA Only works in safe mode That's how I got the log to you I am Not a computer person by any stretch I am a huge fan of your site I am at wits end Please help Sincerely Yours Nathaniel Evans DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Nate at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F AV Emsisoft Anti-Malware Disabled Updated DEEF-CC - F - -F A F A DA SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Emsisoft Anti-Malware Disabled Updated E F B-EA E- F - B -CAD F SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE SP COMODO Antivirus Disabled Outdated C D - D-EE - A -E A FW COMODO Firewall Enabled F F -FE -E - B C- A E FB Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Program Files x Emsisoft Anti-Malware a service exe C Program Files HitmanPro hmpsched exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Windows system taskeng exe c Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe c Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files eMachines eMachines Power Management ePowerSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x eMachines Registration GregHSRW exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae-svc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now SchedulerSvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files eMachines eMachines Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Glary Utilities Integrator exe c Program F... Read more

A:BSOD/ Important security updates won't install‏

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click the  Scan  button and wait for the process to complete.
Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.

IMPORTANT

If you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.

If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.

Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click the  Scan  button and wait for the process to complete.
Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.
Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).
===

Download the  version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit) 
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
===

Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.
To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.

How is the computer running?
Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544818/bsod-important-security-updates-wont-install%e2%80%8f/
Relevancy 69.66%

Shortly before christmas I dropped my laptop and damaged the HDD. I had to get it replaced and have windows reinstalled etc.

Now there are a lot of little things acting up, and I'm thinking it could be because supposedly important updates aren't installing.

I still get the sign next to shut down on the start menu, which suggests updates will be installed, but they're constantly coming up as failed.

This is my update history, and the highlights ones are commonly failing.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh, and the error codes are all 8E5E03FB if that helps.

A:Since 'fix', laptop no longer installs important updates

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data.

Please also post an MGADiag report - repair shops have an 'unfortunate' rep with reinstalling the OS.
we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275851-since-fix-laptop-no-longer-installs-important-updates.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I really need help with the updates on this computer. It says I have like 44 updates on the computer and I really don't know why it keeps coming up with error message and codes every time so I am doing each update 1 by 1 and some are going through
and others are still error messages most are related to office 13 application and security for apps. can someone please tell me how to make the computer faster and update without errors.?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f16b9dfd-4248-4c15-bb73-bda6d5e7de41/updates-and-error-codes?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 67.94%

Having issues with getting a few updates to install on my new pc. Fresh install of Windows 7. the updates in question are:

KB2604115
KB2656373
KB2686831
KB2507618
KB2660649
KB2698365
KB2484033
KB2522422

I have tried numerous times to install these updates, sometimes resulting in a BSOD. A few of the updates have downloaded just fine but failed to install. The error code i get when trying to do the updates is 800B0100. Thanks in advance for the help!

A:Error Code 800B0100 8 important updates

Try this :
Windows Update - Reset
Also try running the attached tool.
And for the BSOD's follow this : http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250007-error-code-800b0100-8-important-updates.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently set up two new HP ProBook 450 G1's for my office. I noticed on both of them--totally fresh, no software or hardware installed, fresh out of the box--that many Windows updates failed. Some were successful, but when you look at the update history, so many fail. Why is this? I've seen this before on other computers too.

Both computers running Win 7 Pro 64 Bit.

A:Failed Updates on Brand New Laptop

I should add too that I installed the updates at Shutdown, thinking that would be better than installing them while in Windows. I've had the error before that Windows can't update certain files while it's running, and that caused failed updates. So I thought I could avert that by doing the updates at shutdown, but that didn't work either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338174-failed-updates-brand-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.51%

hi,
i have 20 window updates that have failed to install since dec 08. i keep getting error codes like 652. secondly i can not install new programmes. kindly advice

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/205608-window-updates-error-codes-652-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Followed the windows update instructions as follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhlnwl01m6s5hgq/CBS.zip?dl=0

A:22 Failed Updates, 3 Error Codes

Here's the Summary from the CheckSUR.log

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 2157
Found 71 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 41
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 15
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 15
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.xml.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_en-us_4ba39f6adcb8ffa6.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-mscordacwks_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_e8b38a23dd2b7e4f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_mscorlib_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_none_54663ac069823895.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.xml_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_61525d543c29f632.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-security-credssp_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_c627b70219090938.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-mscordacwks_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_ff7e636bc386d1f3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_mscorlib.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_en-us_6685ac8c75cac403.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.data.sqlxml_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_none_05d526a261a2bd9d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-msauditevtlog_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_c9b1ffe0efe67923.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-sos_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_89d49b0dbca4315e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.xml_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_none_3f3239201f9a7e81.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-sos_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_a09f7455a2ff8502.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.data.sqlxml_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_fd50d2123d55f0a6.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.data.sqlxml_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_141bab5a23b1444a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-sos_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_d181d1e4d1205a64.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_mscorlib_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_none_9c1371977dfe619b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-mscorwks_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_efef673d052a727c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18738_none_5fd40dd14fead8db.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-security-credssp_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18738_none_c5ade9aeffdecf09.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.xml_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22740_none_4a87840c55cea28e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18738_none_6e2619e01271dca0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_mscorlib_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_none_8548984f97a30df7.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.data.sqlxml.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_en-us_f0063b6d4da03da4.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-b..environment-windows_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_c7c6b840bca113b6.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-sos_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_e84cab2cb77bae08.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_604ddb246915130a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_mscorlib.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_en-us_4fbad3448f6f705f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.data.sqlxml_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_none_ef0a4d5a7b4769f9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-mscordacwks_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18529_none_b7d12c94af0aa8ed.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.xml.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_en-us_34d8c622f65dac02.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.data.sqlxml.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18529_en-us_06d114b533fb9148.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_mscorlib_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22740_none_3d9b61788326e4f1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_6e9fe7332b9c16cf.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-appid_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_none_b5da3161e1fdc1a3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-b..os-loader.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22943_en-us_d526db1c13da4... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371544-22-failed-updates-3-error-codes.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I keep getting this message from the Action center (Win7 Home Prem) - When I click on it to open it looks for Windows updates, if it finds any I can install no problem. After reboot, the message will appear again after a few minutes and tells me "Updates were installed: Never" but if I go to Update history it shows the current updates installed successfully. Using the troubleshooter it says: Windows Update error 0x80070005 but does not fix it. I have checked the services and reset the update settings, still get the error. The system has been scanned for Virus and malware (found some and cleaned). Any suggestion greatly appreciated!

A:Error: Windows could not check for updates automatically. (Important)

Hi bdiblik & welcome to sevenforums.

Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions

What scanners did you run?

What anti-virus, anti-malware programs do you have installed?

Post CheckSUR.log & CheckSUR.persist as well.

Auto tool to find and copy those to desktop attached.

If I can't resolve your issue, NoelDP certainly can.!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385095-error-windows-could-not-check-updates-automatically-important.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi All,
I have in the past week been unable to install updates on my computer (HP Pavilion P6000 Series), running Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition.
I am getting error codes:- 641,   80070641,   13EC. 
I belive that these errors could indicate malware infection or file corruption (Windows Installer). I have run Kaspersky Internet Security (Latest Edition) and also I-Obit Advanced System Care 8. Both these have come up clean, and the problem is still there.
Any advice or solutions would be gratefully received. As it is now 23:11 UK time I am calling it a night, but will check back in tomorrow morning.
Thanks in advance.

A:Error Codes When Windows 7 Updates Fail

Hello there, 

Do you remember making any recent changes to the computer prior to this issue?

In the mean time you can try one of the following solutions to solve the issue: 

Method 1:

Run fix it from the link and check if the issue persists: 
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/

Method 2:

If the above steps fails follow the steps in the link and check if the issue persists
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-problems-with-installing-updates

Method 3:

If the above step fails restart computer in clean boot and try installing Windows update. Follow “step 1” in the link to enable to clean boot:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135                                    
Follow step 7 from the article to “Reset the computer to start as usual”, after performing the clean boot troubleshooting.
You may also follow the steps in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

Hope this helps 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577874/error-codes-when-windows-7-updates-fail/
Relevancy 66.22%

I had this problem before in Oct. 2006 with my computer at home and put drivecleaner 2006 on it and it corrected the problem. Now my symantec and pestpatrol caught it as spyware and and all and I'm kind of confussed on where to put it back on my computer or not! Any advice. I have Window XP Pro.

A:Windows Updates Fails To Update With No Error Codes.

Drive Cleaner is a program that displays exaggerated reports of security and privacy risks on your computer. Before you can fix these risks, though, the program requires you to purchase the commercial version of the software. Due to this Symantec labels this program a security risk. A screenshot of this program can be seen below.How To Remove Drivecleaner 2006

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85437/windows-updates-fails-to-update-with-no-error-codes/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have been unable to get windows updates to work properly for several years now, have failed to find any solution online to fix it thus far, and have wasted many many hours of my life on this

Currently I am getting error codes 80073712 and 643

I have attached a screenshot of the error message and the zip file of the logs

Many thanks in advance for any assistance, I would love for this to finally be resolved

Joe

A:Windows updates not working error codes 80073712 and 643

You appear to have some fairly major registry corruption.

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377630-windows-updates-not-working-error-codes-80073712-643-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi when running windows update all the updates fail and give the error code 800706F7. I have retried 3 times all to the same result. i have searched for this error code and the only results i found was about removing a previous 2014 update but this was not on my computer. i have ran the System Update Readiness Tool which installed 1 update however i can still not download the other updates

A:windows update error code 800706F7 54 important updates failed

Tried again and am now also getting error codes 80246007 and 8007002

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371496-windows-update-error-code-800706f7-54-important-updates-failed.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me with this. I have 2 of 5 Windows 7 updates are failing, with the following error codes:8007054F
9C57

I have also attached the Attachment 342102 file.

Thanks...

A:Windows 7 updates failing, error codes: 8007054F, 9C57

There are a huge number of error present in the CBS logs.
Oddly, the SFC scan appears to have only found 18 components to check - rather than the more normal 12000+ !!
Please attempt another SFC scan, and upload the CBS.log file again.

If the same behaviour is repeated, I think you are looking at least at a repair install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/354141-windows-7-updates-failing-error-codes-8007054f-9c57.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Good Afternoon I have a problem I am struggling with I have had problems with failed Windows Updates for the past months or so I started a forum on answers microsoft but this hasn't help - yet the link is here Windows Updates fail - Error Codes amp and D - Microsoft Answers Short background - I tried the windows update troubleshooter and it did not work I tried to Error Windows Codes: 80070643 Updates 8024200D fail - and perform a clean boot and install the updates it also did not work I was able to successfully install a few updates to the NET Framework by completely un-installing it and then re-installing it and double checking that it installed properly At the moment I have updates Windows Updates fail - Error Codes: 80070643 and 8024200D that Windows Updates fail - Error Codes: 80070643 and 8024200D fail to install and they pretty much all deal with microsoft office The only two not related to microsoft office are Update for Windows KB Update for Windows KB I don't know what else to do and would really appreciate any help anyone could give me I currently have Windows Professional x I bought the computer in March of this year and have not made any major changes The only updates I have are from Windows Updates and the last time they successfully installed besides the NET Framework I just fixed was and it was a hotfix for windows KB problems really started around more than a few updates failed Thanks everyone for your help - KDog

A:Windows Updates fail - Error Codes: 80070643 and 8024200D

Hello KDog,

Have just read through your post & referred to the "Microsoft Answers" link you gave.
The advice you received there is highly likely what you would get here.

Troubleshooting steps can be lengthy with little return in a situation like this.
We have had update problems here at the Forum where numerous pages of help / advice has been given with no positive outcome.

Please refer to the following 2 tutorials & see what you think.

Repair Install

Clean Install Windows 7

Have you a System Backup prior to your current set of problems?

Have you a windows 7 Disk?

Alternatively you could seek Microsoft Tech's Support.
I believe the email service is free.

Please Verify your Location

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/197438-windows-updates-fail-error-codes-80070643-8024200d.html
Relevancy 65.36%

System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit.
I've just posted this question in another thread but in less detail and it's becoming a huge problem. I have not been able to install updates automatically or manually for two weeks now. Whenever I use the autopatcher, it claims to create a system restore
point, downloads updates, then fails instantly when it begins the install, and gives the error codes:
800B0100, 80073712, and 8024200D "Windows has encountered an unknown error"
It also tries to autoinstall these updates whenever I turn off the computer, and because they're failing every time, I have to run startup repair every time I turn my computer on.
HELP!

A:Windows 7 updates error codes 800B0100, 80073712, and 8024200D

Hello,

Some third party programs can affect the Windows Update service. If you are running any third party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators
(programs designed to boost the speed of the Internet connection), security or anti-virus programs (Norton, McAfee, etc.), I recommend you temporarily disable or uninstall them and then try accessing Windows Update later.

If the problem still happens, try the following steps:

Rename the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder
================================================
1. Close all the open windows.

2. Click "Start", click "All programs", and click "Accessories".

3. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".
4. In the "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in "net stop WuAuServ" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped before we try to rename the folder. However, if it fails, please let me
know before performing any further steps and include any error messages you may have received when it failed.

5. Click "Start", in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".
7. Right-click on the folder, select "Rename" and type "SDold" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
8. Still in "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command "net start WuAuServ" (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates
service.

If you still cannot install updates, running system file checker and check if the problem is caused by the corrupted system files:

System File Checker
================
Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. 

Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc 
/scannow

The sfc 
/scannow command scans all system files and will recover the corrupted ones. 

3. Please restart the computer and recheck the original issue.

In-place Upgrade
=============

1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

2. Click Start and choose Computer.
3. Please find the "setup.exe" file in the DVD-ROM and double click it.
4. Click Install now.

5. When we are prompted to input the product key, please click Next without inputting any key. The setup wizard will prompt and ask if you agree to install Windows
7 without the key. Please choose to confirm.
6. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the system files of Windows 7

Note: While performing the In-place Upgrade, the system will restart automatically (several times) to merge the files and programs. Please leave the computer alone
and do not configure it until In-place Upgrade is completed. The system will start Windows 7 once it is upgraded.

Thanks,
Novak

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a199123-aad0-4143-95a0-51cd2ae6fbd0/windows-7-updates-error-codes-800b0100-80073712-and-8024200d?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I im trying to help a friend with his computer It tries to install these updates but it fails every time The computer is running Win bit Antivirus is MSS and Windows codes: and fails. updates & 800B0100 SP1 9 7 9C48 Error IE I have tried to turn off quot Real Time Protection quot Have also scanned the computer for malware with mbam combofix and Hitman Pro I have tried several times Also in Clean Boot I have also tried to uninstall Explorer both automatically and manually with no luck The first time i ran the System Update Readiness Tool the logs pointed me towards KB I downloaded this pack and expanded the mum and the cat files to Servicing Packages folder and then ran the SURT again This time Windows 7 SP1 and IE 9 updates fails. Error codes: 9C48 & 800B0100 it fixed most of the errors but the errors in the log below remains I have tried to download the files both in English and Norwegian version with no luck Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS MUM Corrupt Total count CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat The sfc scannow gives me info about problems with some files but is not able to fix them Please see attached logfiles Any hints is highly appreciated as I am about to give up now - BR Stefan Attachment

A:Windows 7 SP1 and IE 9 updates fails. Error codes: 9C48 & 800B0100

Hello Stefan,

SFC has detected a corrupt IE9 component, so I'm hoping that's the cause of the 9C48! Your 0x800B0100 is really easy to fix though

Code:
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f4 [SR] Repairing 1 components
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f5 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f6 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16476_none_2b91a7303c93d6f9\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
Found: {l:32 b:4En8FhvcAG3Ct2c/BaKK5640W5y6Wk9Qr/gE9QFwJ7E=} Expected: {l:32 b:VoO39KrqPaQa1fo6GCNd7e3yPabt+mQA4Xv9Y4sw70M=}
2013-08-06 22:39:46, Info CSI 000001f7 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 9.4.8112.16476, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001f8 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16476_none_2b91a7303c93d6f9\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
Found: {l:32 b:4En8FhvcAG3Ct2c/BaKK5640W5y6Wk9Qr/gE9QFwJ7E=} Expected: {l:32 b:VoO39KrqPaQa1fo6GCNd7e3yPabt+mQA4Xv9Y4sw70M=}
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001f9 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-HTMLRendering, Version = 9.4.8112.16476, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fa [SR] This component was referenced by [l:152{76}]"Package_2_for_KB2817183~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~9.4.1.0.2817183-28_neutral_GDR"
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fb Hashes for file member \??\C:\windows\System32\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fc Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_9.4.8112.16476_none_2b91a7303c93d6f9\mshtml.tlb do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb" :
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fd [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"mshtml.tlb"; source file in store is also corrupted
2013-08-06 22:39:47, Info CSI 000001fe Repair results created:
I need to hunt down this file, but I'll fix your 800B0100 now:
Windows Update Package Replacement
Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

Please download the attached file, Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.
Right-click on the file and select Extract All...
Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click Extract
A window will open showing two folders, Manifests and Packages
Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)
C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\Manifests

Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)
C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages

Run the System Upd... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300150-windows-7-sp1-ie-9-updates-fails-error-codes-9c48-800b0100.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am having this issue for months now, and i keep getting these errors. I have searched and tried different methods from other forums but only one worked for me, unfortunately just once ( flushing of the software distribution) but after the next day, when my pc was having its automatic update, it gave me the same errors again, and i could not use the method i used the day before. im not a techie person so please help me with light terms if it's ok.. thanks..

i have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, SP1, AV- Microsoft Security Essential, CCleaners, and SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition

i always get error codes 80070643, 80071a91 and 78f, and because of these all 23 important updates always failed..

A:windows failed updates with Error Codes 80070643, 80071A91 and 78f

Install a few of them at the time and see if you still have issues?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250520-windows-failed-updates-error-codes-80070643-80071a91-78f.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

Thanks goodness I found this site. I have been struggling since Dec 2013 with failed updates. I have tried all the included fixes and went through all the steps of "Windows Update Posting Instructions" post. I have taken screenshots of my error as well as a shot of when the errors started and what updates were failing at the time. Unfortunately my CBS zip is 1.15GB. So if I can get help on where to host that so you can reference it, that would be great.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and it would be amazing if I could get some help on this way too longstanding problem. Thanks!

MSK.

A:Failed updates (since 12/2013) Error codes 80246007, 80070002, 800736B

How big is the CBS.log file on its own, both unzipped and zipped? - try posting that only, to a fileshare site such as OneDrive, if it's over the 8MB limit.

Please post the CheckSUR.log file from the CBS folder - that should be small enough.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374143-failed-updates-since-12-2013-error-codes-80246007-80070002-800736b.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi everyone

I've tried many "solutions" that I've found on this forum, but no one seems to have the same exact problems that I see. Or rather, I see multiple errors but once combined the solutions don't work. I'm not a 10/10 in computer savvyness ... close to a 7?

I fresh installed Windows 7 onto a brand new SSD because I previously thought it was the SSD that kept creating errors. BSOD happened multiple times per day, everyday even when doing nothing. I didn't save the error codes from this install but that was all erased. So I went and bought a new and better SSD.

So on the new SSD. Today specifically it has BSOD three times. I've looked in eventviewer, msconfig, memorytest... I'm running in circles. Where should I start?

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD after updates, gaming, random times multiple error codes

Hello Slayter, welcome to Sevenforums.

What was the initial reason for needing to install? You were receiving errors/BSOD on another OS or you tried to fresh install on the first SSD and started receiving the BSOD?

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355083-bsod-after-updates-gaming-random-times-multiple-error-codes.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everyone, i have posted a few times in this forum but have had to re-register as i cant remember my username, password or which email address i used D'oh!! anyway you guys have been amazing in the past helping me out and this is me callng on you all again.

My dad has just bought a new laptop and has asked me to install some security and maintenance software for him, mainly in view of the fact that my own laptop runs like a dream and mostly always has
I have installed on mine
.Avast anti-virus
.Spybot search and destroy
.Ad-Aware

Just wondering if there is anything else i should be installing on mine or my dads new one.

All hlp is as always, very much appreciated
Steve

Relevancy 63.21%

For over hours Windows Update has said quot Restart your computer to install important updates quot yet every time I restart and check Windows Update it is still saying quot Restart your computer to install important updates quot Before I deleted SoftwareDistribution to try and solve matters the update history showed a security update KB which has been showing as quot pending quot for the whole of this period despite numerous restarts but never shows as quot successful quot or quot failed quot It just stays stuck at quot pending quot It doesn't appear in issue important updates" to your "Restart computer install installed updates but when I try to install it manually it says it's already installed SURT installed hotfix KB SFC scan didn't find any problems Microsoft Fix it said Cryptographic services could not be stopped I've tried to upload the CBS folder as per your posting instructions but it's over MB zipped and it didn't upload PS I don't know if this is relevant but this update KB relates to a vulnerability when Remote Desktop Protocol is enabled When I went to the dialogue box to check if RDP is enabled system advanced system settings remote the check boxes relating to RDP are missing All I have is a check box for remote assistance so I don't know for sure if RDP is enabled or disabled

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383907-restart-your-computer-install-important-updates-issue.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Greetings Seven Forums Gurus and apologies for the TL ad "Restart to important your infinitum - install computer updates" DR nature of this "Restart your computer to install important updates" - ad infinitum post Trying to put all the relevant "Restart your computer to install important updates" - ad infinitum information in So a problem has come up from a little old lady customer here She got hit by the non-voluntary Windows upgrade last week - caught it somewhere before it did the final install and who knows what she did exactly but before I got a chance to look at the computer she had somehow managed to revert to At that point I ran the GWX toolbox and canned the upgrades but by then the damage was done and the machine won't check for updates and won't stop saying it "Restart your computer to install important updates" - ad infinitum hasn't finished installing the last update Notice it says never checked for and never installed updates - these are probably as a result of some of the stuff I have tried It also says quot You receive updates - for Windows only quot although there is no option on the settings page to check for other products' updates Incidentally I have also tried changing the settings to Never install updates and removing both check-marks - makes no difference Under Update History the only item listed is Hotfix for Windows KB that's the System Update Readiness Tool which I ran manually today If I click quot check for updates quot it very quickly pops up a little window to say quot Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because you must first restart the computer quot blah blah blah Well it's been restarted more than a dozen times with all the various things I've tried OK so what have I tried Amongst other things and not necessarily in this order it's been a couple of days of hacking around I tell you - Microsoft Fixit twice I think - Tweaking com quot Windows Repair AIO quot - Manually resetting update components Otion from tutorial - SURT as mentioned above - sfc scannow I don't know why I bothered with this one I've never seen it do anything - in this case it reported no errors nothing to do - possibly some other stuff I have forgotten now Every time Windows Update - restart your computer And of course the nag box that gives you the option of postponing for minutes hour or hours The System amp Application event logs show no errors or even warnings that look even vaguely relevant to me There is no Windows Update error number to quote Just refuses to check for updates The CBS log folder consists of four CbsPersist CAB files of between and MB that don't compress and one of about MB None of them are recent four days old and older - any point in uploading any of them I have included the current CBS log file as well as the quot uneventful quot SUR logfiles So any helpful suggestions will be gratefully accepted PS I would have reverted Windows to a previous state if there were any but alas

A:"Restart your computer to install important updates" - ad infinitum

Hi Chris,
Try this for starters.

1. Close all the open windows.
2. Click the "Start" Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
3. Right-click "Command Prompt" and click "Run as administrator".
4. In "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in " net stop WuAuServ " (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped before you try to rename the folder.
5. Click the "Start" Button, in the "Start Search" box, type in " %windir% " (without the quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".
7. Right-click on the folder, select "Rename" and type " Sdold " (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
8. Still in "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command " net start WuAuServ " (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service.

Got acouple more things in the locker if it fails

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/393283-restart-your-computer-install-important-updates-ad-infinitum.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I have a Windows x machine that is permanently stuck trying to install the same update I have followed various posts loops to install with important Windows Update updates" computer your a "Restart off of MS websites to rename SoftareDistribution etc but none have helped HAve tried Boot intoClean Boot Mode and try updating again Run the Microsoft Fixit and see how it works nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp How do I reset Windows Update components Try System Update Readiness tool by referring toWhat is the System Update Readiness Tool Run System File Checker tool and see how it works The WindowsUpdateClient log posts the error x bc CBS log has the following - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd Parent Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd Disposition Detect VersionComp EQ ServiceComp GE BuildComp GE DistributionComp GE RevisionComp GE Exist present - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Superseded - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd disposition state from detectParent Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl Evaluating package applicability for package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd applicable state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp e CSI Transaction x fa initialized for deployment engine d d c- d - d - d- c b with flags and client id quot TI quot - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp f Pending transaction content must be resolved cannot begin another transaction yet - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get transaction analysis because of pending operations Disposition from Analyze x HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI Transaction x fa destroyed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to load current component state HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to find or add t... Read more

A:Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates"

Thanks Alex
I had already tried the steps in the post you linked.
In the end I have had to reinstall Windows 7 over the top (keeping all settings) and this has fixed the issue with Windows Updates.
It is frustrating that I could not find a solution as I do not like glossing over the issues without first finding a solution but unfortunately it was not my pc and time was against me.
Thanks for all the replies.
Simon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f374ba3-b5fc-4374-be3c-6ed5462c0903/windows-update-loops-with-a-quotrestart-your-computer-to-install-important-updatesquot?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I have several Updates that fail; 3 of which are classified as "Important." The updates get applied, I reboot, then after reaching 99%, I get the error message, "We would not complete your updates. Undoing changes."

KB2962409, 2967917, 2981580, and all versions for English Input Personalization Dictionary (e.g., 2881553) fail.

I connected with the Answer Desk and they told me to try the two-button reset (Volume Up + Power button) and then after reboot, try the updates again. Needless to say, I rolled my eyes, complied and, of course, it didn't work and I'm getting the same result.

The Answer Tech also told me that the 4 KBs I mentioned above will be pulled and replaced in a few days. I am skeptical but, regardless, I am still stuck with not being able to get those updates installed.

I'm running Windows 8.1 on a Surface Pro 2.

Any ideas? Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/52434-unable-install-several-important-updates.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently wiped my entire computer and restored it to its original factory settings because of the Vista Home Security virus and my computer was several years behind on updates Then I updated my system to the SP then the SP I just glanced at my start menu and it says that there are important updates to install and optional ones Is this normal One the update says A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it You on "Important" updates to install vista? can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft The update is called Security Update for Windows Vista KB I may just be a tad paranoid from my very aggravating experience by contracting the Vista Home Security virus that would pop up every couple of days But I d rather "Important" updates to install on vista? be safe than sorry Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Center Access Bar VCAB exe C Program Files Sony VAIO PC Wireless LAN Wizard AutoLaunchWLASU exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files The Weather Channel The Weather Channel App TWCApp exe C DDI AOLICON exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Users Jennie Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run... Read more

A:"Important" updates to install on vista?

Check Computer properties and make sure that it says you have SP2. That does sound like a lot of updates, but then there have been some almost every "Update Tuesday", so the number may vey well be quite high.

You may not want to download and install them all at one time, however. Pick a bunch and install, and then some more later. It's not likely that problems will arise, but if you have smaller batches, you'll have an easier time finding any that cause trouble.

Then, be smart. After you get it all set up, back it up. Your hard drive will fail, more infections will come along, and you'll be doing this all again if you are not prepared. Periodic updates to your backup will keep it recent and you can keep the first one as your "factory restore". You can even merge your restore partition with your main one for more space and make an image of that for your "factory restore". Since it will have all your programs, updates, and files, it will save you a lot of time for recovery.

Free drive backup software (imaging, cloning, and archiving - backups can be created on a second hard drive, internal or external, or on DVD's, or BluRay disks. One BluRay disk will hold most peoples' entire system drive's backup at 25 GB's using compressed images, 50 GB's double-layer):

Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012 (Recovery boot CD or USB key)
Macrium Reflect (Free)
O&O Disk Image Express or (mirror)
Easeus Todo Backup
ODIN (open-source)
Redo Backup & Recovery (Boot CD)
Clonezilla Live (A bootable CD of Debian with Clonezilla.)
Drive Image XML
PING (Partimage is not Ghost) (Boot CD with option Clam Antivirus)
Partition Saving
Clonezilla
Passmark OSFClone (Bootable, cloning only)

There are also many commercial products with more features.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/important-updates-to-install-on-vista.1036148/
Relevancy 62.35%

There are these 3 updates that my computer keep labeling as "important" but won't download. Two Windows 7 Updates and one is an Internet Explorer 11 Update, and when I try to run the updates it always stops at 80% and my computer freezes up. Any suggestions?

A:"Important" Updates Won't Install Properly

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/315465-important-updates-wont-install-properly.html
Relevancy 61.92%

when I turned on my IBM thnkpad X31 today, all I get on my screen is:
error 0271 check date and time settings
error 1802 Unauthorized network card is plugged in. Power off and remove the miniPCI network card.

I've not plugged in any cards and can't do anything else on the laptop. It's not worth a trip to a repair center, is there anything I can do?

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there new to the group and unfortunately my laptop has some issues turned it on late last week and the disk drive cd dvd etc will not function what so ever now my mouse wireless will not function what so ever When I go to start device manager I see that Base System Devise is listed times under other hardware and under that IEEE Controller is listed all of these items have a yellow Under SD Host adaptors there is SDA Standard Compliant SD Host adaptor that also shows a yellow triangle with a what is the problem with this darn laptop The disk drive used to be e - shows not a q and on Help ... Error laptop my codes I cannot get it to open or close without sticking a paper clip into it Help ... Error codes on my laptop the mouse Help ... Error codes on my laptop worked not it doesn t what so ever is this laptop dying Thank you so much for any and all help if there is any Mary Ellen nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Recently bought a brand new Lenovo Z70 laptop, and swapped the HDD out for a SSD. I did a fresh install of Windows 10, using a USB I created from Microsoft's website. Now the laptop won't charge. It's telling me it's "plugged in, not charging".  I have tried all of the solutions I have found so far, with no luck. Does Lenovo use some sort of proprietary battery charging software that would be giving me problems? When the laptop is plugged it, it doesn't drain the battery, but it doesn't charge it either. It's hovering at 59% right now. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Brand-new-laptop-installed-SSD-w-fresh-install-of-Windows-10/td-p/3423072
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, Just bought a new HP Pavilion DV2860 notebook. For a couple of days I have been using Vista and I didn't really like it. Many of the applications that I used to use in on Windows XP are not capiable with Windows Vista! I have got a Windows XP Professional 64-bit edition CD and was planning to install Windows XP on the notebook. Can I use 2 operating systems on the notebook? I don't want to delete Windows Vista but I want Windows XP. Can someone please explain the process of installing Windows XP without removing Windows Vista Home Premier.

A:Can I install WinXP on brand new WinVista Laptop

I would check their web site for XP x64 chipset drivers for the laptop. HP does not really do a good job on supporting XP x64.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/160815-can-i-install-winxp-brand-new-winvista-laptop.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,  I just bought the HP 15-ay013nr laptop off Amazon, which ships with Windows 10 and an 128GB SSD.  I have bought along side it an Samsung 850 EVO, 500GB which I want to replace the 128GB with.  I just received the laptop, have not used it yet and would like to know how I go about installing the OS on the new SSD since there is no OS key.  I was planning on installing the OS, then coming to the HP site to download all the relevent software for a clean install, but again, don't know how to get the OS to install without a key.  Any help is appreciated.

A:SSD upgrade & OS install for brand new laptop 15-ay013nr

skates15 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wanting to replace the HDD in your new laptop with an SDD and wanted to help.In Win10, the product is embedded in the UEFI firmware of the motherboard, so changing the HDD to an SDD will have no affect on that. Also, the activation key is stored on the MS Activation servers, and that key is not affected by changing the HDD to an SDD. So, you will have no activation problems with this swap. Since I have done this myself, let me offer some advice -- use Macrium Reflect to "clone" the HDD to the SDD. What I recommend is the following:1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)2) Connect the new drive to the PC using a USB drive adapter3) Run MR and choose the option: "Backup --> Image Selected Disks" to clone the current drive onto the new drive.4) Shutdown the PC when done5) Swap the drives and reboot the PC.You should boot from the new drive without any problems.Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SSD-upgrade-amp-OS-install-for-brand-new-laptop-15-ay013nr/td-p/5607490
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this problem but I will give it a try I am running Win bit About three weeks ago I removed my internet security suite in favor of using Windows firewall and MSE I made sure that the internet security suite was completely removed from my computer I went to Control Panel gt System and Security gt Windows Firewall On the right side of the page it said that Windows Trying When Firewall Error Win7 To MSE Codes Install and Firewall was not using the recommended settings There is a Use Recommended Settings button to Error Codes When Trying To Install MSE and Win7 Firewall the right of that Nothing else was there On the left side of the page was a list which included Turn Windows Error Codes When Trying To Install MSE and Win7 Firewall Firewall on or off When I clicked on the Use Recommended Settings button I got an error message quot Windows Firewall can't change some or your settings quot Error code x c I then clicked on the Turn Windows Firewall on or off link Nothing happened I gave up there and decided to try installing MSE v Another error message with an different error code Error code x I did a Google search found some things that were recommended but nothing seems to work I was thinking of doing a Win repair but not sure if I should try that This HP Pavilion didn't come with a Win CD It came with four restoration disks I do have a Win CD but not sure I want to use it on this computer Any ideas what is wrong or what I should do Thank you

A:Error Codes When Trying To Install MSE and Win7 Firewall

For starters go to the website of the security suite, get the uninstall tool and use it. We can help if you have problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/132244-error-codes-when-trying-install-mse-win7-firewall.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys n gals, first post, so here we go.
Just bought a Toshiba 5100 Laptop, cheap. Doesn't boot but the front leds flash briefly when I hit the power on button. Then a LED sequence starts something like 1 long, four short, 2 long, 1 short.
Does anyone know where I can find the led error codes for the above? before I start pulling this thing apart. I'd like to know where to start looking.
I've stripped everything off the laptop, like CD-rom. ram, peripheral cards etc, trying to isolate everything. But still the error remains.

Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.
Looks like a great forum.

A:Toshiba laptop led error codes

Thanks for your reply brindle,
I don't know where your reply went, but I got it through a subscription to this thread via e-mail. Anyway, yes I've been Googling this problem for hours. Not much comes up with searches like "Toshiba LED error", etc. I've tried your suggestion earlier on including powering up from AC without the battery. No good.
I've also read that the graphics card can become disloged being in the position its in. Something to do with flexing the laptop over time loosens it.
I've also read that the IDE connector on the Mboard cracks, also, because of where it's placed on the Mboard, due to flexing. I'm hoping I might get some other suggestions before I start pulling it apart.
I'm sure the LED error code, 1(L) 4(S) 2(L) 1(S) will be the answer when I find it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-led-error-codes.312741/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi.

I am having some issues with my laptop and wondered if anyone could help me with this.
My laptop will very randomly shut down with the explanation that 'something has gone wrong' and various error codes at the bottom.
I have attached some dump files as well.

Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks

A:Laptop shutting down with different error codes

You'll have better luck with this if you post in the correct forum http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

This has been an issue with Asus Gaming notebooks if so G751, G771, G551 and GL552 Gaming Notebooks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65072-laptop-shutting-down-different-error-codes.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hi,

i have a dell inspiron 1300 laptop. when i switch on the machine i am getting stop error message 0*000000ED unmountable boot volume.

i have tried running the diagonstics tool which is present on the machine and the results are as follows,

error code 650F:0244 uncorrectable data error or media is write protected,
error code 650F:1A44

both have message block: 31394028

i have also tried to start the machine in safe mode but i get the same error code.

the laptop OS system is XP.

if any one can offer any assistance with how to rectify this problem or how to rescue the programme file and information that would be great.

Cheers,

Relevancy 61.49%

I've got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven't done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I'm wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer Thanks for the help

A:How Important Are Ms Office Updates? Are They Included In Windows Critical Updates?

I don't have that detection tool either. At least some of the office updates are available through the windows update feature. You can also navigate to the Office updates site from the windows update site. There are no problems with installing the office updates separately. In fact, I generally download only 1 or 2 updates at a time as I am on dial-up.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82313/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates/
Relevancy 61.49%

I ve got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven t done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only updates? MS are Critical important How included Windows Are they Updates? Office in visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I m wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? things on your computer Thanks for the help nbsp

A:How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates?

bloomcounty said:

I've got Office 2003 Student Edition (all installed, minus Outlook). I haven't done any updates to it. I did not install the Microsoft GDI+ Detection tool. And I only visit Windows Update (not Microsoft Update) and install the critical updates under custom install.

I'm wondering:

1. Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update? (For example, there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom: http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2232 -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates?

2. Do you need the GDI+ thing to do Office Updates?

3. When you go to the Office Updates site, it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing. Is this necessary? And can it cause any problems?

4. Can doing critical Office updates (separate from whatever, if anything, that comes with Windows Update) cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer?

Thanks for the help!Click to expand...

1. No. You either do Windows update and Office update, or you do Microsoft update, which does both at once.

2. I think so, but I am not positive. If you need it, it will install it, or, if you decline, you may not get updates. One way to find out, try it.

3. I don't think it will do the updates without it. Again, try it. It never caused any problems for me having it.

4. I can't guarantee that, nor can anyone else. Sometimes these "hotfixes" cause problems. Wait at least a few days after release to update was my motto. If there were any problems, you may hear about them, giving you the option to wait for that "fix" and, it gives MS time to be notified and correct it. Hopefully.

For what it's worth, I always kept my XP updated, waiting a few days after the release of course.
Hope this helps.
RootbeaR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates.546066/
Relevancy 61.06%

I m having some BSOD issues I assembled this PC for a friend based on the Tom s Hardware Gaming PC from Q The only piece of hardware that was different was the optical drive System Builder Marathon Q Gaming PC Squeezing More Bang From The Same Buck Specs CPU Intel Pentium G Sandy Bridge Motherboard ASRock H Pro MVP LGA Intel H Express RAM G Skill Value Series GB x GB DDR - F - CL D- GBNT Graphics PowerColor AX GBD -DH Radeon HD GB Hard Drive Western Digital WD AAKX GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive Power Supply Antec VP- W Optical Drive LITE-ON IHAS - After a few weeks she started getting a lot of BSODs so I took it back and did a fresh error codes install fresh BSODs with multiple on install of Win and updated all BSODs with multiple error codes on fresh install the drivers The machine BSODs with multiple error codes on fresh install continues to get a lot of BSODs with varying error codes and I've been unable to figure out exactly what I can do to cause them I got one while writing this post but they typically happen when it s idle or at low load At one point I had enabled driver verifier and could force the system to freeze-up with video corruption but couldn't get a BSOD with a minidump I've scanned through the forums and have tried many of the troubleshooting methods that are listed but I am happy to start at square-one to figure out the cause of this I've enclosed a zip file from the diag tool to get BSODs with multiple error codes on fresh install started I m sure there is something I overlooked and would appreciate any assistance

A:BSODs with multiple error codes on fresh install

Code:
BugCheck 4A, {73532e09, 2, 0, fffff880080f3c60}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver
This bugcheck indicates that a driver was returning from a system function call to user mode, when the IRQL level was higher than PASSIVE_LEVEL, as we can see from the parameters the current IRQL level was 2.

Code:
0: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`05a6f000 fffff880`065e2000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 29 02:27:04 2013 (5154FBF8)
CheckSum: 00B25604
ImageSize: 00B73000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update to the latest WHQL driver available here - Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7

Quote:
WHQL
Release Date: April 24th 2013
Version: 13.4
In Device Manager: 12.104

Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290761-bsods-multiple-error-codes-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have been trying to get rid of these error for weeks now. Never did this this bad
before 95 failed updates all the time. I say all the time cause I've reinstalled and reinstalled
with different ISO's.

Same results. Here the new error on a new fresh install:
"WindowsUpdate_800706BA"

I do every thing that I search the readiness tool and more. I just can't get a solid update
install.

Please help.

A:Windows 7 32 bit fresh install error codes grrrr

More massive errors:
"WindowsUpdate_80070308" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374368-windows-7-32-bit-fresh-install-error-codes-grrrr.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm receiving an error code upon boot-up on my laptop. The error code is (PXE-E61) Media Test Failure Check Cable. I have disassembled the laptop and checked for any cables disconnected and found none disconnected. I re-inserted the small cable to the mobo which is related to the IDE header connector on the mobo just to make sure, still the error code. Could it be the removable header connector that is placed on the pins oh the IDE drive that is causing this error code?

A:PXE ERROR CODES for Compaq 2200 Laptop

Did you just replace the hard drive with one that was already installed in another laptop? If so, you'll have to format and re-install the OS. If not, your hard drive may be bad.

This code can also mean there is a incorrect setting in your BIOS, likely the boot order.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pxe-error-codes-for-compaq-2200-laptop.717571/
Relevancy 60.63%

So I have Win7 Install No Fresh - Brand installed AV laptop new BSOD - a Dell XPS laptop that is pretty much brand new bought in June pulled out of the box in September First thing I did was download Windows torrent Wipe the drives and install it with the intentions of activating it using my OEM key Everything installed fine all hardware was recognized all latest drivers installed from either Dell or Nvidia website Problem is I get what appears to be random Event BSOD's I never see it happen I just come back BSOD Fresh Win7 Install - Brand new laptop - No AV installed to the laptop with a BSOD screen and I have to hold the power button down to shut the system off Thinking BSOD Fresh Win7 Install - Brand new laptop - No AV installed I did something wrong in my isntall I went back and used a friends store bought Win Home Premium disc and reinstalled the OS drivers and everything in proper order Again everything looks fine - until I go to Windows Update during one of the updates the system BSOD again with the same Event error I have included everything I can think of in hopes that someone can help me trouble shoot this problem Excerpt from event viewer Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FB BCP FFFFF BFD C BCP FFFFF BFD F BCP FFFFF A OS Version Service Pack Product If there is anything else I can provide please let me know I really need to get this figured out soon because I have a buyer for my old laptop on Monday I'd sure hate to sell it if I can't get this thing working correctly

A:BSOD Fresh Win7 Install - Brand new laptop - No AV installed

Welcome

Sounds like a hard disk issue

Code:
STOP 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
Usual causes: Disk corruption, insufficient physical memory, Device driver,
Indexing, Resident antivirus, backup, defrag programs, Disk/Drive failing/failure
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800bfd9c88, fffff8800bfd94f0, fffff88001258a30}
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsSnapshotScbInternal+160 )
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website

Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:
→ Disk Check

Hard drive test both short and long with:
→ SeaTools for Windows

Also the DOS version of:
→ SeaTools for DOS

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258090-bsod-fresh-win7-install-brand-new-laptop-no-av-installed.html
Relevancy 60.63%

nbsp SIW FREEWARE ELI-PC html nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp BSoDError Report-Clean windows ult no activated txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp multiple install New BSoD error Win7 Ult after many times codes nbsp downloads Hi you guys are great by the way Here s my situation BSoD s multple times sometimes pc feezes screen no paticular pattern that I can tell Have a new BARE or at least it was bare Hard Drive Samsung BSoD many times after New Win7 Ult install multiple error codes F Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s That I m trying to install on dont know much about drive setup but it has partitions on it One is smaller and has MBR on it the other is larger Gb or so its not the active drive though Dont know much about that and not sure why it would be the problem BUT THERE IS SOME INFO ON SECTOR quot alignment quot for XP and Samsung HDD s But I think its for Drives above Tb Machine HP a n with updated BIOS from HP site THIS IS AN Original OEM Windows XP MediaCenter Machine if it matters I ve reinstalled several times messed with HDD to try and figure out what is wrong Updated drivers All I could figure out to do Still BSoD all the time The SP update will not install for some error code x cant remeber it but this is still a un-registered if that matters says days to go so I assume that its not the problem I ran some memtest over night on ram - hours no errors showed up there but did not try to run the system on each stick sticks at G each Attached is the BSoD error report viewer from my Hirens Boot Disk And a hardware SIW quot quick Html quot check Lots of different error codes x e and x a and x e and x a and more but I think thats in the BSoD report attached Geesh this is killing me Your HELP is MUCHO s appreciated I turned the virus protecton off while I ve been fiddling with this BSoD stuff

A:BSoD many times after New Win7 Ult install multiple error codes

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01755529&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3189592

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=37977&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3189592

From what I see...that system uses a reocvery disk/partition mechanism to restore to factory defaults.

Just what stepa are you taking in your install efforts...do you have a valid license for Win 7?

I think that it matters that it's a MCE system.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443617/bsod-many-times-after-new-win7-ult-install-multiple-error-codes/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello y all new transitionee from Seven Forums here My new laptop is suffering from chronic and unpredictable BSOD crashes and nothing I do seems to work I ve tried all the latest drivers and updates for bupkes It s a clean Windows installation with drivers and updates straight from the official Toshiba support page for my specific model It started BSODing randomly from the start until I took it to a PC repair shop where the guy who fixed it said the problem was with the drivers I was unable to get any specifics The problem seemed to be fixed It then started BSODing again though with different error codes this time when I continued to configure my system and install programs though I m unable codes Frequent on BSODs laptop, Win8.1 different error to tell what may be causing it There s also some moderate system instability where explorer exe in particular occasionally crashes though I believe that may be Win being inherently unstable at this point I ve emailed Toshiba support and haven t received an answer SF Diagnostic Tool results in the attached zip Thanks in advance for any assistance

A:Frequent BSODs on Win8.1 laptop, different error codes

Hi Noc & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analyzed your Dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Sat Aug 2 09:50:21.885 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffffc3, 1, fffff80356e6efa9, 0}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

MaxSpeed: 2400

CurrentSpeed: 2394

BIOS Version 1.50

BIOS Release Date 04/18/2014

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

Product Name Satellite P70-A

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sat Aug 2 09:37:07.776 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::OKHAJAOM::`string'+b69 )

BugCheck C000021A, {ffffc0011576cc50, 0, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: WINLOGON_FATAL_ERROR (c000021a)

Arg2: 0000000000000000, Error Code.

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc000021a_RPC_Terminated

PROCESS_NAME: services.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc000021a_RPC_Terminated_nt!_??_::OKHAJAOM::_string_

MaxSpeed: 2400

CurrentSpeed: 2394

BIOS Version 1.50

BIOS Release Date 04/18/2014

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

Product Name Satellite P70-A

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

Below is a list of the 3rd party drivers present on your system :-

Code:
**************************Sat Aug 2 09:50:21.885 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
BazisVirtualCDBus.sys Mon Aug 8 23:41:12 2011 (4E4026C0)
tap0901.sys Fri Nov 25 00:20:27 2011 (4ECE91F3)
dump_truecrypt.sys Tue Feb 7 14:39:36 2012 (4F30EA50)
truecrypt.sys Tue Feb 7 14:39:36 2012 (4F30EA50)
Thpevm.SYS Fri Jun 22 03:02:18 2012 (4FE392E2)
tdcmdpst.sys Thu Jul 26 05:11:48 2012 (5010843C)
L1C63x64.sys Fri Dec 14 13:54:04 2012 (50CAE224)
HECIx64.sys Tue Dec 18 01:02:21 2012 (50CF7345)
thpdrv.sys Mon Feb 25 23:15:51 2013 (512BA34F)
SynTP.sys Fri Apr 5 10:05:02 2013 (515E5476)
klpd.sys Fri Apr 12 17:04:45 2013 (5167F155)
RtsP2Stor.sys Fri Jul 5 08:29:40 2013 (51D6369C)
CHDRT64.sys Thu Jul 18 13:45:34 2013 (51E7A426)
QIOMem.sys Tue Aug 6 11:45:40 2013 (5200948C)
klmouflt.sys Thu Aug 8 18:39:08 2013 (52039874)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 14:16:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Smb_driver_Intel.sys Thu Aug 22 22:32:05 2013 (5216440D)
iaStorA.sys Thu Aug 29 03:43:22 2013 (521E7602)
dump_iaStorA.sys Thu Aug 29 03:43:22 2013 (521E7602)
uxstyle.sys Mon Sep 23 16:49:02 2013 (524023A6)
iwdbus.sys Fri Sep 27 03:08:04 2013 (5244A93C)
athwbx.sys Thu Oct 17 15:16:01 2013 (525FB1D9)
igdkmd64.sys Tue Oct 29 03:27:02 2013 (526EDDAE)
tosrfec.sys Thu Oct 31 08:50:55 2013 (5271CC97)
kl1.sys Thu Feb 20 14:28:38 2014 (5305C3BE)
klim6.sys Tue Feb 25 14:38:42 2014 (530C5D9A)
klwfp.sys Wed Mar 19 18:30:11 2014 (532994DB)
kneps.sys Wed Mar 26 18:34:31 2014 (5332D05F)
nvvad64v.sys Fri Mar 28 19:02:06 2014 (533579D6)
klkbdflt.sys Fri Mar 28 19:20:45 2014 (53357E35)
klhk.sys Thu Apr 10 18:54:25 2014 (53469B89)
nvpciflt.sys Tue May 20 04:30:22 2014 (537A8D06)
nvlddmkm.sys Tue May 20 04:38:44 2014 (537A8EFC)
NvStreamKms.sys Thu May 22 22:13:14 2014 (537E2922)
mozy.sys Fri May 30 01:44:54 2014 (5387953E)
klflt.sys Fri May 30 22:38:43 2014 (5388BB1B)
klif.sys Mon Jun 23 17:12:40 2014 (53A812B0)... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51157-frequent-bsods-win8-1-laptop-different-error-codes.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello. I have tried my best to do everything recommended here to solve the issue of failed installments of windows updates:

Fix: Windows Updates fail to install in Windows 7 | 8

Obviously, I haven't been successful. I am not very good with computers, so I would appreciate your patience as you help me with this problem.

Thank you for your help.

A:Windows Update Fails to Install: error codes 800B0100 and 9C47

Attachment 286200

Here is the CBS zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/305214-windows-update-fails-install-error-codes-800b0100-9c47.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

Noticed this month that I suddenly had a lot of important updates to install when I check Windows update. Under important updates I have the likes of:

KB3055999 - Update APN database entry for SaskTel (Canada) in Windows 8.1 and 8
KB3045634 - You cannot make a PPP connection after you reconnect a PLC device in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

The article for both of these states: Provided as an Optional update for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1

Wondering why I have these and others listed as Important?

Thanks

Win 8.1

A:Optional updates listed under important updates

They are "only" important, so they are optional. "Critical" updates are not optional. MS-speak at its finest.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67262-optional-updates-listed-under-important-updates.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Suddenly Windows 7 has stopped installing Windows Updates. It downloads, then creates restore point, starts installation, but then comes back with the error code 800F0900. This happens with all the updates when carried out individually, critical or optional. I first went through the process of clearing all the Start-up Programs in the Services section of msconfig. As that did not solve it I then stopped all but MS services, and that did not solve it.  I tried the Microsoft .NET Setup Verification Tool. This said there were problems that it could not fix and sent a report to Microsoft.  Following an earlier thread on this site, I installed and used the Windows Repair program from Tweeking.com. This failed to solve the problem. Does any one have any other possible advice to help solve this problem ?

A:Windows Updates will not install. Error code 800F0900 for all updates.

I would try running the System Update Readiness Tool:  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597603/windows-updates-will-not-install-error-code-800f0900-for-all-updates/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm new here, and also new to Laptops...I purchased a new laptop from HP less than a month ago, and I am getting error messages where web pages will not load correctly, non-stop!!! It's driving me nuts! Does anyone know why, and how I can fix these problems? I am not a genius when it comes to this stuff, as you can see...I googled one of the errors, and found myself at a Microsoft verified site for "Registry Boost". $29.95 to fix errors on a brand new laptop that I spent over $600 on? Seriously?

Any information on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Below are some examples of the error messages I am referring to.

Line: 229
Char: 2
Code: 0

Line: 458
Char: 2

Line: 59
Char: 2232

A:Error Messages - On Brand New Laptop!

Hi -

Sorry, but those error messages are rather benign - don't tell me much.

Reset IE8 --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Also, boot into SAFEMODE w/ Networking and see if IE8 OK there. Tap F8 key repeatedly during boot-up.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-messages-on-brand-new-laptop-511950.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Im pretty sure i Keep Low new laptop error on brand on getting Memory have a virus thats attached to my Chrome browser because when ive had it open for more then an hour even if i Keep getting Low on Memory error on brand new laptop only have like or tabs open in ONE instance of Chrome running i get the Low Memory Chrome must shut down error message and my browser closes and i have to open it up again plus while im using it i get popups now and all kinda weird stuff goin on that wasnt goin on when i firtst got it weeks ago I went to the Virus Removal section of this site but i dont know which viruys i have and i did download the malware removal program and it did detect amp quarantine like diffrent things but im still having problems that i shouldnt be having on a brand new system oh i fiorgot to mention when i run task manager while my browser is open it shows like a whole bunch of CHROME exe's running like of em i dont think thats normal either i also downloaded this program called autoruns that shows u all the programs that boot up when u start ur computer and gives u the option to turn them off although some of them still wont even let u uncheck them and i unchecked all the suspicious ones and it still having issues i have a windows HP laptop with a intel celeron n processor GB ram usable bit op system

A:Keep getting Low on Memory error on brand new laptop

Hi udontwantnun Unfortunately, I doubt that your issue is malware related. Google Chrome takes a lot of RAM due to the way it works, sandboxing individual tabs, extensions, plug-ins, etc. into separate processes. I can easily see it taking close to 2GB of RAM in no time. Also, you don't have the best laptop there is, considering it's specs. What I suggest you to do, is to upgrade to Windows 8.1, install all the Windows Updates, once done, uninstall Google Chrome 32-bits, and install the 64-bits version from the Chrome website. On the download page, click on Download for other platforms and select Windows 7/8 64-bits. Under Windows 64-bits, 64-bits based applications will take less RAM than 32-bits ones since these are emulated, therefore requiring additional resources. Once this is done, let me know

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566622/keep-getting-low-on-memory-error-on-brand-new-laptop/
Relevancy 59.34%

I ve been plagued by chronic and unpredictable BSODs since day one of using my Toshiba Satellite P -A I ve found and tried countless solutions none have worked Apologies for the length of the case history below but I d rather explain as much as I can to avoid confusion later The lappy came with Windows when I first bought it online mint condition I immediately swapped codes months BSODs new random for laptop, & on various error Frequent for Windows then ran SlimDrivers and Windows Update until no new updates were found Laptop is kept on automatic updates For privacy security reasons the Windows partition is encrypted with TrueCrypt Plenty of others have done the same without issue so I doubt that s the problem Almost at once the computer began to BSOD on occasion and has continued ever since despite numerous updates since The crashes occur at random at least once every hours of continued operation or so though often sooner The error codes listed vary and have included Frequent & random BSODs for months on new laptop, various error codes from memory DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and MEMORY MANAGEMENT Frequent & random BSODs for months on new laptop, various error codes Use of Driver Verifier enabling all checks on all drivers results in near-instant BSODs during start-up A device attempting to corrupt the system has been caught The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced error code x c I had to disable Driver Verifier in Safe Mode to get it to stop crashing the system before it could finish loading Online research led me to believe the variety and nature of the error codes might indicate a memory issue A PC repair shop ran extensive hardware tests for a couple days including MemTest and gave my machine a clean bill of health all but guaranteeing the problem is with the software Also I just had another BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and had to retype all of this Fun Last time it cost me a month s worth of work due to data corruption That was oodles of fun So far I m unable to pinpoint any specific program s or configuration s that may be causing all this I m officially out of ideas I m no expert so please point out anything I may have missed no matter how obvious Attached is the DM Log Collector zip as recommended I would attach the latest memory dump but it s MB Growing desperate for answers so thanks in advance for any help

A:Frequent & random BSODs for months on new laptop, various error codes

Welcome to SF .

No dump files are present in the folder, you can manually check the minidump folder.

Code:
C:\Windows\minidump
If dump files are present in that folder copy them to the Desktop, zip and upload in your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337449-frequent-random-bsods-months-new-laptop-various-error-codes.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Please let me know if I do anything incorrectly here I m posting out of sheer desperation My only computer codes new Serial, error laptop; multiple on BSODs unpredictable a Toshiba Satellite P -A which I bought last Christmas and then swapped the original Windows for Windows is driving me out of my mind with its endless BSOD Serial, unpredictable BSODs on new laptop; multiple error codes crashes I ve Serial, unpredictable BSODs on new laptop; multiple error codes used Windows Update and SlimDrivers to keep everything updated doesn t help I ve Googled for months and tried every solution I could find nothing s worked I had it Serial, unpredictable BSODs on new laptop; multiple error codes checked by a PC repair shop who just gave the hardware a clean bill of health and guaranteed the problem had to be with the software The error codes received are many and varied including DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL MEMORY MANAGEMENT MEMORY CORRUPTION BAD POOL HEADER and others I can t recall of the top of my head I ve just now recovered from two back-to-back crashes usually the machine is gracious enough to wait a few hours in between crashes both with error code x F I m no expert I don t know what to do All I know is I apparently blew a very large sum for me on a work computer that I can t get any work done on without losing everything every few minutes or hours Attached are the four latest minidumps Computer specs MODEL Toshiba Satellite P -A OS Windows x SP CPU Intel Core i - MQ RAM DDR GB HARD DRIVES TB GRAPHICS Intel HD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT M BIOS Insyde v Please help Thanks in advance EDIT AM New crash Added fifth minidump Also I uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security in favor of Microsoft Security Essentials which I d read might help Other than a mildly speeding up my startup time it hasn t

A:Serial, unpredictable BSODs on new laptop; multiple error codes

Have a read of this thread 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511697/installing-windows-7-on-laptop-with-windows-8/

#3 by dc3

Good Luck

Hedge

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540738/serial-unpredictable-bsods-on-new-laptop;-multiple-error-codes/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello y all Frequent/random error Win8.1 BSODs laptop, various codes on My new laptop is suffering from chronic and unpredictable BSODs and nothing I do seems to work It s a clean Windows installation with drivers and updates straight from the official Toshiba support page for my specific model It Frequent/random BSODs on Win8.1 laptop, various error codes started BSODing randomly from the start until I took Frequent/random BSODs on Win8.1 laptop, various error codes it to a PC repair shop where the guy who fixed it said the problem was with the drivers I was Frequent/random BSODs on Win8.1 laptop, various error codes unable to get any specifics The problem seemed to be fixed I continued to configure my system and install programs then it began BSODing again though with a different set of error codes this time I m unable to tell what may be causing it There s also some moderate issues where explorer exe occasionally locks up or crashes forcing the occasional restart though I believe that may be Win being unstable at this point I ve emailed Toshiba support and haven t received a reply Speccy snapshot http speccy piriform com results v sMhOuuuOG DRa MTpBYcU Last two minidumps in the attached zip Thanks in advance for any assistance

A:Frequent/random BSODs on Win8.1 laptop, various error codes

New BSOD last night. Minidump attached.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543051/frequentrandom-bsods-on-win81-laptop-various-error-codes/
Relevancy 59.34%

quot Windows cannot install required items The file may be corrupt or missing Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installations Error code x quot I desperately need help with this I just bought a brand new SSD drive to clean install Windows Even bought a brand new SATA cable to go with it This error happens during the quot unpacking quot phase Things I think I have ruled out It is not the SSD I am getting this error on my HDD as well It is not the DVD SSD on 7 results in Clean of Windows install error! new brand ISO I am using as it is legitimate downloaded through my university I have also Clean install of Windows 7 on brand new SSD results in error! tried Windows but instead of getting an error it just stalls at the Windows logo screen directly after booting from DVD I have also tried removing my RAM sticks and only using one during this process I have used each one and each time still result in the same error I do not think it is memory failing issue I have not ruled out my DVD drive failing however Clean install of Windows 7 on brand new SSD results in error! I have a USB stick I downloaded Windows on I can't get Clean install of Windows 7 on brand new SSD results in error! my computer to boot into it though I get the error quot DSK MGR MISSING quot error I am certain I have downloaded it onto the USB stick correctly It is an encrypted stick requiring inputting of password before files can be read in Windows Would this have an affect on its ability to run as a boot device as it is impossible to input the password without already being in Windows

A:Clean install of Windows 7 on brand new SSD results in error!

Hi, Welcome to forums.

Error can come due to faulty media. You can try to burn the image on USB and use a USB drive without password.

Here is a link you can use. Universal USB Installer ? Easy as 1 2 3 | USB Pen Drive Linux

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/320329-clean-install-windows-7-brand-new-ssd-results-error.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So I have a week old laptop and as of today I realize that it can't read CDs. I go into the device manager and the dvd drive gives me a code 19. I went to the HP support website and it tells me to enter the registry and delete a certain file. The particular file is not found. I tried uninstalling and updating the drive and neither work.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Cd-drive-error-code-19/td-p/2587579

that's the support website and none of the solutions work.

I am getting light from the disc driver, so I know it's connected to the MOBO.
What else can I do ?

A:BRAND NEW hp laptop cant recognize cd/dvd drive. Error code 19.

Since its brand new and has a warranty maybe you can take it back and get another one that works.brand new laptops in theory should be trouble free at least for awhile anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-hp-laptop-cant-recognize-cd-dvd-drive-error-code-19.1120615/
Relevancy 57.19%

Please help me resolve error code 0x80070570 preventing updates for Windows SP1 service pack and Window .Net framework 4. How can I resolve issues?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a85121a-64c6-4540-871f-ef2f3ce9dc39/unable-to-updates-important-updates?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 56.76%

Desktop Cmp HP CQ Y AMD Athlon tm II u Processor GHz Ram GB GB Usuable Bit O S yrs old RECENT ERROR CODES FF CODE F C D E F NTFS VOLUME LABEL OS MISSING OR EMPTY ZIP FILE nbsp ERR CODES SYSTEM rundll exe' MCFOO dll ff KB KB KB quot ESSENTIAL FILE IS DAMAGED quot CODES DO! OVER PURCHASED BOOSTER/IOBIT-UPDATED WHAT TO BOTH NOT ALL KNOW THE & ASC/DRIVER WORKING;ERROR PLEASE LAPTOP/DESKTOP PLACE..DON'T HELP PLEASE REINSTALL DRIVER BOOSTER amp TRY AGAIN nbsp UNABLE TO SET TRYA ICON - CANNOT FIND quot MS INSTALLER PROGRAM quot nbsp quot CANNOT INSTALL UPDATES quot nbsp quot MISSING DRIVERS quot PRINTER UPDATE PURCHASED ASC/DRIVER BOOSTER/IOBIT-UPDATED & BOTH LAPTOP/DESKTOP NOT WORKING;ERROR CODES ALL OVER THE PLACE..DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! PLEASE HELP MEMORY STICKS OR THUMB DRIVES DON'T KNOW XACT NAME UNABLE TO UTILIZE quot QUIK COPY TRANSFER quot AGAIN-TERMINOLOGY WHATEVER DRIVERS NEEDED TO COPY amp SAVE INFO MS MEDIA PLAYER TO NAME A FEW amp NOW AS OF MINUTES AGO GETTING A WARNING DANGER- CMP HIGH RISK OF CRASHING--WHAT DO I DO W THAT nbsp I HAVE PAID FORR THE PROGRAMS PURCHASE WHATEVER SOFTWARE MS SAID I NEEDED PD OTHER PEOPLE TO FIX PROBLEMS AND NOW I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT THE REGISTRY SETTINGS S B I CAN'T RESET BAK TO FACTORY SETTINGS I HAVE NO DISKS THEN AS IF TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY MY LAPTOP HAS SUDDENLY DECIDED TO RUN AS SLOW AS MOLASSES WHEN IT WAS RUNNING FAIRLY NORMAL YESTERDAY SOOO NOW ITS TALKING ABOUT REGISTRY SETTINGS MISSING MEMORY CARD DRIVERS UNABLE TO INSTALL UPDATES PROBLEM W WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER NOW IM UNABLE TO EVEN PLAY ANY CD'S CAN ANYONE HELP ME I'M READY TO JUST CRY I AM OUT OF CASH amp OUT OF OPTIOS amp BASED ON THESE HUGH FLASHING WARNING SIGNS--I'M JUST ABOUT OUT OF TIME IF ANYONE IS LISTENING OR READING ANY OF THIS PLEASE KNOW HOW GRATEFUL I AM JUST THE POSSIBILITY THAT U EVEN TOOK THE TIME amp HAD THE PATIENCE TO READ THIS nbsp i DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE WILL BE ABLE TO HELP ME OR NOT BUT AS i STATED ABOVE THIS KINDA LIKE MY LAST SHOT amp IF NOTHING ELSE PERHAPS SOMEONE OU THERES KNOWS SOMEONE MS IOBIT REIMAGE-SCAN amp REPAIR DRIVER BOOSTER ASC--I HAVE PD MONEY TO ALL OF THESE PEOPLE BUT TO NO AVAIL amp NOW I CAN'T EVEN SEEM TO GET ANYONE TO ANSWER ANY OF MY EMAILS nbsp nbsp ANYWAY THERE U HAVE IT nbsp TALL ORDER I KNOW BUT IF THERE IS ANYTHING ALL ANYONE CAN DO TO HELP ME I WILL BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL THE LAPTOP CMP-PURCHASED W VISTA-PURCHASED UPGRADE TO WINDOWS SOME BUT NOT ALL OF THE SAME ERROR MSGS MOST SERIOUS nbsp quot MISSING MEMORY CARD DRIVER UPDATE quot UNABLE TO INSTALL WINDOWS DUE TO PROBLEMS UNABLE TO USE WEBCAM ON LAPTOP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7713ac41-954d-43b1-899a-5b464c022ea2/purchased-ascdriver-boosteriobitupdated-amp-both-laptopdesktop-not-workingerror-codes-all?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 56.76%

I've had this new laptop HP Pavilion dv - sa for about days and it started playing up brand error. on system BSoD an new hardware uncorrectable The has encountered laptop: yesterday I should mention that it came with Windows Vista but a friend upgraded it to Windows the day it arrived The first issue flared up yesterday after days of perfectly fine running at home and it BSoD on brand new laptop: The system has encountered an uncorrectable hardware error. wouldn't start up properly Black screen the lights on the keyboard came on and started flashing After leaving it alone for a few hours it started working normally again though it was a little sluggish at times I didn't really think anything of it and it may be unrelated When I got home and turned the laptop on everything seemed normal enough However the laptop will now crash to a blue screen after about - seconds of being logged in I think it also crashes if I remain on the log-in screen but it doesn't crash in safe mode The BSoD error reads as follows A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer The system has encountered an uncorrectable hardware error If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical information STOP x x x CF xB x Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump It will then stay on this screen until I force shutdown Sometimes the last lines will be slightly different often it's just the 'collecting data' line but sometimes additional line s will appear They don't appear to reveal any additional information though Sorry if I've missed out vital info in this post I'm rubbish with hardware problems

A:BSoD on brand new laptop: The system has encountered an uncorrectable hardware error.

Hi and welcome to TSF this is about your error http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html
if you can pleas follow the instructions here and attach to your next post http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html this will allow someone here to run it through a debug and try to find the cause of your issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-brand-new-laptop-the-system-has-encountered-an-uncorrectable-hardware-error-452097.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Trying to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) , but whenever I try to install it, the error code 80070017 appears saying the update has failed. I have numerous times to install it and it still won't allow me to install the update.

A:Error Code 80070017 when trying to install updates after a clean install.

Have you allowed Windows Update to run automatically to get all the previous updates? it should follow on to install SP1 automatically without intervention.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-80070017-when-trying-to-install-updates-after-a-clean-install.1004703/
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings to all,

I had Win 8 Pro and Updated to Win 8.1.  In the past using Win XP, I always installed the Critical and some of the Important Updates.

I have not installed any of the Updates for Win 8.1 There are 110 Important Updates going back to February of 2015.  I have not experienced any problems.  In view of the fact that Win 10 will eventually be installed (in the spring) on my computer do I really need to install the Win 8.1 Updates?  If the answer is Yes, then what will happen to these Updates that will be using disk space once I install Win10?

Thanks in advance.

A:Are important Updates for 8.1 necessary considering Win 10?

Hi SillyBilly If you upgrade via the Media Creation Tool, you don't need any updates at all on your system to upgrade. It might even be easier that way. This being said, Important Updates are security related updates used to patch vulnerabilities, exploits and security holes in the Windows OS. They are critical to install if you want to run a safe and secure OS, so I strongly suggest you to install them as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587106/are-important-updates-for-81-necessary-considering-win-10/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just installed

KB2933809

&

KB2957390

They fixed my Lock screen pictures issues & my Start screen pictures issues & enabled some old programs to function again.

Just thought I would pass the information along.

Check Windows Update & see if they are available to you.
They may not be available for all systems.

EDIT-- They fixed my ability to add pictures from my computer to the Forum.

A:2 New important updates

I see KB2933809 in my update history, 4/8/2014. I'm pretty sure it came after update 1. I don't see KB2957390 listed though. Can't say as I had any of the problems you mentioned. If I did I didn't notice it. I auto log in and boot right to desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44212-2-new-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

HI I hope someone can help,

I reset my daughters laptop back to factory settings (Dell Inspiron 3521 64 bit) due to numerous problems, all now seem to be resolved. Thanks for advice.

I thought i would update to Windows 8.1 (never installed on this machine before).
I tried downloading from the store but received message saying updates are required before download could proceed.
went to settings>pc changes>updates there was 147 updates there waiting.

A message said we will install these updates as part of schedule maintenance. I'm now down to 109 updates waiting.
my question is why cant the updates all be installed straight away (please excuse my ignorance) there must be a simple answer. I have set the updates to automatic.

Regards and thanks in advance

A:109 Important Updates

Because Windows 8.1 needs some windows updates to install.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67524-109-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/sitemap/en-us.mspx

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050106/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_antivirus

Relevancy 55.47%

This topic could fit in a few places but HERE is probably the broadest coverage I am a dedicated Windows user I own four WIN PC's and one WIN LT I'm shall we say 'well seasoned' and it is entirely possible my computer OS's will last longer then MY OS Further on a one month test of WIN I found it to have stuff neither myself or Mrs Gizmo will ever use I have all these rigs set up to use Once updates ? and for all...'Important/Critical' OPERA present stable version and do not use I E for anything Also I operate all of them using Sandboxie for security My residence is entirely Ethernet no wireless access and when any of my Kids or someone looking for my computer help come Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? here I cascade one of my spare routers so We and Them are on different home networks Since my version of Microsoft Office is a little 'old' it will no longer run in my sandbox so if we get any E-Mail with attachments those are taken out of the E-Mail POP and forced to run IN the sandbox at least once before general opening I think we run about as secure as a home outfit can The Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? last time I installed a Hard Drive it involved uSoft Updates And WIN will continue to be patched until January I find myself asking WHY bother Our installed software Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? drivers etc all operate perfectly How can anything get TO us I've been running Sandboxie for over six years now and not a thing has ever gotten out of the 'box that wasn't invited out Everybody I ever ask about it assures me that I very much NEED to keep my WIN machines Microsoft Up to Date but when pressed they never really know why FOR US I am thinking I have wasted my last 'time' worshiping at the alter of Patch Tuesday WHAT does anybody here on this forum KNOW to make me change my mind and rejoin the herd Thanks for your patience I don't know how to be complete and be any shorter in my quirey Giz

A:Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ?

is any computer really safe? is windows ever 100% safe and secure? how many updates have been issued for its various operating systems since i purchased xp home sp1a retail more moons ago than i can remember? and who are you trying to keep your pc safe from? the spoilsports ratbags and shysters out to nick your money, or m/s now spying on you at every opportunity and then flogging that data? dont forget, m/s make windows and they are(going by all accounts) using every nefarious trick to infect and steal your data?

whatever you do, some scuzzbucket will find a workaround to a latest update to get into your pc. m/s will keep forcing you to update, bearing in mind those updates will also try to steal your data. you willl be damned if you dont and screwed if you do update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390238-once-all-important-critical-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I see the Windows Updates listing there's a tab for "important" and a tab for "recommended." Today I loaded all updates that were important. But when I looked in my update history, a few were described as recommended.

Also, today some places listed one update as "critical" - (the one about IE) and the rest as important.
But the word "critical" didn't appear at all. In other words these classifying things aren't consistent, have you noticed?

A:Updates - important/recommended etc.

Some updates are Critical in some circumstances, but not others - in real terms, any Security Update should be regarded as Critical - and others as Important or Optional
Since all IE Cumulative Updates contain Security elements, they are all critical - but because a given month's Cumulative update doesn't contain new Security Updates, it may be downgraded.

... but yes, the terminology does get confusing at times. One reason why it's good policy to install all updates unless you have good reason not to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344916-updates-important-recommended-etc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was gong thru my history of installed updates and all thruout the history I see that windows vista service pack 1 was trying to install but it failed every time,my question is, do I need to work on getting that installed, it says that it is a important update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-updates-not-installing-317332.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Some updates like this IE8 security update that was released the 14th, we're not getting in Windows update. Why?

Shouldn't we at least get important or critical security updates even in the lastest builds? I could see why maybe not other less important updates but critical security ones?

And when I try to install it says it's not applicable to my system but updates like this one should clearly be applicable, no?

Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta (KB963027)
Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta for x64-based Systems (KB963027)

MS09-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

A:Why aren't we getting some important Updates

It could be that the issues these fix are already fixed in later builds. 7000 is still the only 1 (according to M$) that the public have and IE8 on that was too buggy. As far as I can tell build 7057 upwards have the full IE8 and not just the beta that's packed with 7000.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7255-why-arent-we-getting-some-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

OS - Windows Vista Hme Prem bit Srvce Pk Hello Below is a detailed list of important updates Desktop PC 6 03.12.2010 as of updates important will be one year next month I did not renew 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 the Microsoft Office after trial period that came as a package w no future intention of acquiring it I'm using the free Open Office program - word processing mostly at this time Is there anything in the list below that is of importance I only have a basic PC with DVD player for movies etc No scanner printer or fax Not even external hard drive or usb flash drive Otherwise I understand that I can just choose to hide the updates so it will not keep reminding me Also I choose to keep my OS w Srvce pk and MS IE version for as long as I'll be able to I had too many probs with Srvce pk and MS IE version Your opinion if any is welcome Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thank you NBB PowerPoint Viewer Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to PowerPoint Viewer 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId A E -C - D- DD- D A F A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for PowerPoint Viewer KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId B - C - -A E -D F D D C 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId F AB F- F D- A - - CA E B amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System and the Compatibility Pack for the Office system that could allow remote code execution This update resolves that vulnerability More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified document is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId E D A C - A- F - D - A E A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves the vulnerability so that the Microsoft Office System documents are handled appropriately More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us

A:6 important updates as of 03.12.2010

Hi,

I would strongly recommend installing SP2 and IE8 as soon as possible. If you have any problems, we are here to help. If these updates came through before you uninstalled Office, then that is why. If Office is still installed, then you need these updates. Uninstall Office if you are going to, recheck for updates, and install any that are suggested. Any problems, post back.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/272321-6-important-updates-03-12-2010-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Overnight my PC, Windows 7, did several updates. Many of them, status important, failed. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Shirley

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2297f264-0d3d-464d-8b2e-89e5e6da07e2/failure-of-important-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

I have my PC set to Notify me of Important Updates, but not download or install them.

On at least 2 different occasions over the past 2 months I seen maybe 17 -19 Important Updates shown when I open Updates, but chose not to install them at that moment because I was doing other things. When I went back a few days later they where all gone. This happened this week, as well as about a month ago. And, they were not automatically installed either.

What's going on with these disappearing Important Updates? Unfortunately I never checked to see if they were somehow redundant because I think they would disappear.

A:Important Updates Disappear?

Two days ago, I had 27 important updates which I had not installed.

Yesterday, my computer was up to date! Not a single update.

So I checked for updates for hours but had to stop since it was eating cpu and not come up with any results.

Try searching and post whether your search ended successfully without any updates, or was just stuck for hours.

Mine was stuck so I followed this procedure and found the old and newer July updates in minutes.
Set Windows to Never check for updates.

Make sure wuauserv is not running in the background eating your CPU . If it does, just stop the service.

Download and install KB3168965.

Restart and set Windows to Check for updates but let me choose what to install.

Click search for updates.

Let it search for 1-2 hours. Should come up with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398466-important-updates-disappear.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm wondering if it is possible to ignore an important windows update? Windows Defender updates are listed as important updates but I have my own security suite and therefore don't need to burn a few megs every month to update Windows Defender. I also have a netbook with very limited hard drive space that keeps bugging me to install that update that checks if my version of Windows 7 is genuine. I know it is and don't want to take up valuable and limited hard drive space for Microsoft to tell me what I already know. I would like to set Windows Update some how so that it doesn't keep bugging me to install these important updates, is that possible?

A:Possible to Ignore Important Updates?

Not necessary to install the defender updates. Those updates represent new malware that has been written. If you do not install, you may become infected with the malware.

Bottom line you reallyshould install, but to answer your question you do not have to.

You can hide all updates that are not wanted. just right click on the update to hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60508-possible-ignore-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I see updates like Root Certificates Update, Microsoft Silverlight 1.0, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86, Driver Update for Intel Graphics Controller and all those other stuffs..I have like 15 updates on the waiting list..Are they important?. I read an article about how some people had computer problems after installing some of these..

A:How important are optional updates?

Some people have problems after doing anything . . . you only need install the Optional updates you need. I like to install the Root Cert updates, but only any of the others that are needing a update,

You are not likely to have problems with any of them, you just may not need them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-important-are-optional-updates-252896.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just updated Windows 8.1 a few days ago on a system that rarely gets used.

I turned it on again today and found that Windows Update now tells me that there are 215 important updates and 6 optional updates.

Has my system forgotten that it has ever been updated?

Also, will I have to take any action to get Windows 10? I had it installed and then had to restore to factory.

Thanks
Jim

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74348-215-important-updates-what-happening-here.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys,

nice to meet this wonderful forum.
My problem is that ALL my important updates fail to install for some unknown reason.
I've not been able to install SP1, IE9 etc.....

Is there anything I can do besides formatting, or is there a way I can repair windows update only?

I tried the system update readiness tool, but no results.

Best regards,

Peter

A:All important updates fail!!

Hello Peter, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

What error message are you receiving from Windows?

Also, please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184526-all-important-updates-fail.html