Windows Support Forum

Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

Q: Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-visible-in-microsoft-windows-network.181851/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have 2 computers, one running Windows 7 and one running Windows XP (named "A31"). They are hooked up to the same router. I can ping each from the other using the command line. The workgroups are both set to MSHOME.

In Windows Explorer on the XP computer, I click on My Network Places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network and there's nothing there. Even if it isn't connecting to other computers on the network, its own computer name (A31) should be listed there, right?

I can't connect to either computer from the other to share files and I've been googling around for a while and I can't find anything to help me.

A:XP computer not visible under "Microsoft Windows Network" and workgroup

Figured it out...

Network connections - right-click on the connection
Properties>General
Make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks are checked

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616745/xp-computer-not-visible-under-microsoft-windows-network-and-workgroup/
Relevancy 64.93%

So I have computers one is running windows the other is running windows vista No matter what I do I can t seem to get either one to see each other on the network I want to access the public folders I have network discovery on file sharing on public folder sharing on printer sharing on password protected sharing off and media sharing on on the vista computer and the similar settings the same way on the computer I also have the network set to private on the vista computer as far as I know there is no such option for I think it may be a problem that both of these computers share the same name They re both called Comp Is this a reason I can t see the other on the network list I read in Other computer network visible not that i could do windows key R to run the location but it opens it on that computer itself What can I do Which services do I need to make sure are running for this to work If I need to provide more information just ask edit remembered some more info The vista computer can see the computer in the network map but it s not visible with explorer in the network folder nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello all,

I have a problem here that I haven't been able to solve. Here is my network setup...

Code:
|--- Brother's Computer(XP)
Internet -- Server(Gentoo Linux) -- Switch -- My Computer(7)
|--- Mom's Computer(7)
From my computer I can see the server and my brothers computer.

From my mom's computer I can't see anything on the network.

My mom's computer isn't visible to any of the computers on the network.

The problem is getting my mom's computer visible on the network because she has the printer attached to her computer and I need to configure the printer to work on my computer.

So my question. How can I get my Mom's computer to show up on My Computer when I click "Network"?

A:Computer not visible on network

Quote: Originally Posted by JC99

Hello all,

I have a problem here that I haven't been able to solve. Here is my network setup...

Code:
|--- Brother's Computer(XP)
Internet -- Server(Gentoo Linux) -- Switch -- My Computer(7)
|--- Mom's Computer(7)
From my computer I can see the server and my brothers computer.

From my mom's computer I can't see anything on the network.

My mom's computer isn't visible to any of the computers on the network.

The problem is getting my mom's computer visible on the network because she has the printer attached to her computer and I need to configure the printer to work on my computer.

So my question. How can I get my Mom's computer to show up on My Computer when I click "Network"?

Are you running homegroup?

Can you type ipconfig /all in search and upload the output?

Thanks
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/117579-computer-not-visible-network.html
Relevancy 64.93%

We have two computers one desktop windows 7 64bit LAN connection to router. One laptop windows 7 32bit, wireless connection to router. Both can access the internet, desktop can see both computers on network map and on < Computer ? Network> link. Laptop can see desktop on network map, but not on < Computer ? Network > link so cannot access desktop. Desktop can ping laptop, Laptop get timeout when tries to ping Desktop. Have tried network trouble shooting, but either get cannot find problem or firewall problem. We have Norton 360 on both machines, we have switched all firewalls off and still the network is not working. This network has been working.. I do hope that you can understand this. Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Computer not visible on network

Hi fenfolk,

Failure to ping usually is a Firewall blocking. Usually you can completely Disable all Norton Services running (click on Start and type Services) or try to uninstall it completely might help then reinstall after you have resolve the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190346-computer-not-visible-network.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am on network with administrative rights and one computer on network is not visible in ipscanner, cannot connect with remote desktop connection. Cant even connect by typing in run command (eg. \\192.168.1.10\c$) The computer is ON and users have logged on it many times. This same problem happens on many other computers too, and its not permanent. After few days or so, the problem is gone, and sometimes persists after a weekend, when pc is shutdown on Friday. Operating system is windows xp sp2 and there is no third party firewall on remote computers. As I mentioned, it occurs sometime. Any idea what could be the problem ?

A:Computer is ON, but not visible in network.

SP3 was released years ago and Microsoft stopped supporting previous versions last summer. I don't know where to start trying to trouble shoot an XP SP2 system. I guess at a minimum bring it up to date, but after all this time I would install fresh and bring it up to date instead of spending so much time battling fires.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-on-but-not-visible-in-network.989659/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a small Peer to Peer Network. Until recently, the computers all appeared in My Network, under the workgroup name I assigned.

Now, unfortunately, Computer1 does not appear in the My Network Places. The other computers appear, and are visible to Computer1.

Computer1 is still in the same workgroup. That has not changed.

The other computers can still access parts of Computer1 through old mappings, but NOT through My Network Places (or other folders. The other computers can still access Computer1 if I do Start, run, \\Computer1.

OF COURSE Computer1 is THE computer that the others need for files.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 60.63%

I just set up my home network (from scratch) so I could have all my devices in communication with each other. I have 2 PCs running Win 7 x64, an XBOX 360, and one PC with Win XP/SP3. I reset the router and recreated the network, and the win 7 machines can see each other perfectly, but I still cant get the XP machine to see the win 7 computers/have the win7 computers see the XP one. Also I can't get anything into connection with the XBOX.

Any suggestions?

Sorry if this question was posted previously...I don't use forums regularly.

A:Windows XP Machine not visible on Network

I had a similar problem setting up my home network with a mix of OS and from memory in Win 7 you use Homegroups to see other Win 7 machines but that will not show any that are using XP - I think all I did was get the Win 7 ones to see each other then just mapped a network drive from them to the XP one then they all should appear. Apologies if this is not exactly how its done as its been a while since I did it but it may give you a start. I can't comment on the XBOX, as I don't have one, sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/170649-windows-xp-machine-not-visible-network.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm using my Windows 8 ASUS EEE PC to try and connect to a wireless network. It's not available in the list.

I use my phone (Windows Mobile 6.5) and see on other people's laptops (XP, Vista, 7) that it's available and those devices can see the network and connect without problem.

I've tried to manually add the network with no success.

I've tried to check the routers settings to see what level it's broadcasting on but that should just be average b/g but I can't check for sure, because I don't have the password for the router.

I don't believe there are any special settings as the router is set up to cater for standard users.
Why can my machine not see it?

Ive had no such problem in the past with any other wireless network.

A:Wireless network not visible to Windows 8 PCs but phone and laptop can

Windows 8 does not see the wireless network. Switch to Ubuntu and it sees it no problem. Also, using Windows 7, I can see the network.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9460-wireless-network-not-visible-windows-8-pcs-but-phone-laptop-can.html
Relevancy 59.34%

The title basically says it all ... I have a Windows 10 pc in a private network with 4 external hdds attached. On these drives, I have shared a number of folders. In the Explorer, these folders are shown as type Share in the Network section. In the Homegroup section of the Explorer however, only some of my shared folders are visible. And I cannot access the other folders from other computers in my network. To make it even more frustrating, on the same external hdd some folders may be accessed in the Homegroup, and others not, even though I have gone through the exactly same motions with all these folders when sharing them. I would appreciate any and all suggestions and help to solve this problem!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67989-shared-windows-10-network-folders-not-visible-homegroup.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I upgraded to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 and I can no longer see the files inside the folders on my networked drive. Before I upgraded I could see them, after the upgrade - not so much. The folders are fine, I can see them, just no files visible. There's no network issues as the files are visible from my Win7 machines and my wife's Win8 machine. All the standard default sharing and viewing settings are correct. Even if I put the direct path in File Explorer is tells me there's nothing there. I'm absolutely baffled. I have never seen this particular type of sharing issue before. I'm a pretty savvy Network Admin so the basic troubleshooting (and standard sharing settings) has been covered. But at this point I'm pretty much open to suggestions. Thanks

A:Windows 8.1: files in folders on network drive not visible

One bit of key info, I do not (and have never) use Homegroups - just Workgroups. And the drive is attached to my wireless router (ASUS). So setting a homegroup wouldn't solve the issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36065-windows-8-1-files-folders-network-drive-not-visible.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a homegroup with several Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers. One of them is Windows 7 PC with external My Book that contains several folders I need to share with other computers. I have been able to successfully share two of the folders but no matter what I do I can't get the other two folders to be even visible to other computers. All folders have exactly the same sharing and security options. Is there a limit to the number of folders that can be shared -- I only have 2 and I can't believe that would be the limit

Any suggestions?

A:Shared folders on Windows 7 computer not visible to other computers

Quote: Originally Posted by AncientDragon

I have a homegroup with several Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers. One of them is Windows 7 PC with external My Book that contains several folders I need to share with other computers. I have been able to successfully share two of the folders but no matter what I do I can't get the other two folders to be even visible to other computers. All folders have exactly the same sharing and security options. Is there a limit to the number of folders that can be shared -- I only have 2 and I can't believe that would be the limit

Any suggestions?

Have you tried adding the folders of the drive to a shared Library? There isn't a limit of two folders.

Library - Include a Folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303542-shared-folders-windows-7-computer-not-visible-other-computers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Computer Info:

Emachine T3065
CPU: AMD Athlon? XP 3000+ Processor
QuantiSpeed? Architecture operates at 2.167GHz
512KB L2 cache & 333MHz FSB
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft? Windows? Vista Ultimate
Chipset: NVIDIA? nForce?2
Memory: 512MB DDR (PC 2700)
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 160GB HDD (7200rpm)
Optical Drive: 48x Max. CD-RW Drive; 16x Max. DVD Drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 Digital Media Manger (USB 2.0, Secure Digital? (SD), Smart Media, Compact Flash, Memory Stick?, Memory Stick PRO, Micro Drive, Multimedia Card)
Video: NVIDIA? GeForce?4? MX graphics (1 AGP 8x slot available)
Sound: nForce? 6-channel Audio
Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 ports (4 in back; 1 in Media Reader), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio-In & Out
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D
Having trouble connecting to the internet. Any network does not show. So can't view properties. Please help. Thanks!

A:Network Adapter Not Visible In Network Connections

Could it be disabled in the BIOS? Have you tried resetting the BIOS to default/safe values?
Can you try another network card (they're fairly cheap)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148117/network-adapter-not-visible-in-network-connections/
Relevancy 53.75%

My laptop screen hang and i got a message saying "the windows is not responding" and there were two options given,1:close the program 2:wait for the program to respond.So,i clicked close the program.But then the screen is still not responding,so i manually shut down my laptop.
when i logged on to my laptop,my desktop is totally black,no icons,i can see the taskbar and start menu,i can browse firefox,but when click to open my document folder or my computer folder,there is just no response,anything in the start menu is unable to be opened. I had tried the method which is to exit the explorer then create a new explorer,but the problem is remained...
can someone help me with this?
thanks a lot.

A:Desktop totally black, icons gone, taskbar visible, can't browse computer in Windows

If you can use sytem restore from one week before the problem
If you cannot access SystemRestore, try in safe mode
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282642-desktop-totally-black-icons-gone-taskbar-visible-cant-browse-computer-windows.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I have an XP Pro SP3 machine running as a NAS. Every now and then, it will drop off the network.

I have a shared printer connected to it, and have mapped the C drive to my main desktop, as well as shortcut folders to important folders on the NAS. When the NAS drops off the Network, I can still access all these things, I just cannot find the computer when I go to Start>Network (on Vista or our other XP Pro machine).

Normally I wouldn't bother since everything is mapped and that all seems to work fine (Remote Desktop even works), but my WDTV Live can't see it either which kinda defeats the purpose of the NAS if the WDTV Live can't see it.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-not-visible-on-network-481858.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have three PC's on my LAN to not on others PC visible network. same One homegroup two laptops and one desktop that functions as a media server The Desktop is also the one that created the home group the laptops can join the homegroup and media streaming works between my Smart TV and the One PC not visible to others on same network. desktop but neither laptop can see One PC not visible to others on same network. the desktop on the One PC not visible to others on same network. network or access shared folders I ran the Network Troubleshooter and proceeded through the wizard and received the message attached to this post Something on my PC is performing Network Address Translation Also NAT is enabled on my router and I want it to stay enabled Unfortunately nothing in the troubleshooter tells me where the other device is that's performing NAT on the PC nor how to disable it Any help would be appreciated Other things of note All three PC's use a the ExpressVPN client with killswitch disabled All three use Comodo firewall which is setup to function as the VPN disconnect killswitch all three PC's use AVG antivirus The problem persists even when the firewall VPN client and antivirus software is disabled Also worth noting File sharing and network discovery are enabled on all PC's

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60845-one-pc-not-visible-others-same-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer is not showing one of my network connections. I am picking up 3 other signals, but not the one I need. All other computers are finding it fine. Please help.

A:Network connection not visible

My computer is not showing one of my network connections.Click to expand...

I don't understand. You have a wireless or ethernet or other adapter that shows as OK and enabled in Device Manager but it does not appear in Network Connections?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-not-visible.945829/
Relevancy 51.6%

Please help regarding, how to make visible other pc connected with same network.
thanks

A:Other PC not visible in my Network Places

Why can?t I see other computers on my network?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42207-other-pc-not-visible-my-network-places.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Question for you all-

We set up 4 new Dell machines on our network, all using XP Pro, 3 4600 and an 8100 (my bosses). After we set them all up, named them, gave them comments, I was intrigued to see that my bosses was not visible on our network.

You could search for it and it would show up then, but not when you browse for it on the network. He claims he doesn't know what he did, but is there a trick for this?

The reason I ask is more curiosity then anything else. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a quot server quot actually just another workstation with a big disk running Vista I access files on it over the network from my notebook running W I have a directory network visible over One file not on the server where I can see open and edit all but one file - that one file seems invisible from the notebook The permissions of the One file not visible over network files in this directory seem identical If I make a copy of the invisible file on the server the copy is visible but the original is not If I rename the original file to something else then rename the copy to the name of the original then the file that's invisible is the one with the original name not the original file This suggests that its the name that's the problem not some other property of the file If I try to rename the copy that I can see to the original name using the notebook I get a message quot This operation can only be performed when you are connected to the network quot This is very odd because I am connected to the network evidence the fact that when I create a copy on the sever it's visible from the notebook If I make sure that I'm not trying to rename the file to a name that already exists on the server even though I can't see it from the notebook it makes no difference - I still get the error message This is driving me nuts - what's going on By the way the troublesome file is named OrganGEMA One file not visible over network h svn-base - I have files elsewhere on the server that are called the exact same thing and they don't cause this problem - it's just this one file in this one directory Thanks - Rowan

A:One file not visible over network

You can usually get that file to share by taking ownership of the file, using the take ownership shortcut is the easiest way to do this.

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141811-one-file-not-visible-over-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Reader's Digest version: Both of us are on the same network through an Asus RT-AC56R router. Both are running Windows 10, fully patched, checked w/ Belarc. My network is visible to her system and public files accessible. Hers, and the usb printer on her PC are NOT visible at all to my side of the network. It's as though her system isn't on the network.

Every setting in network sharing matches. I've checked several times to be certain both PCs have the exact same Advanced Network Sharing settings.

I am also running Linux Mint 64-bit as a dual boot. Needless to say, networking using Linux is PERFECT. Any suggestions?

Thank you

A:W10 network works one way only (both PCs not visible)

Hello

This is a known W10 bug. It is to do with which PC is the Master Browser, the one that is can see the network and other one can't. Not sure when MS will provide a fix for this. A work around is to start up your PC's in a different order then you will find the situation is reversed.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41124-w10-network-works-one-way-only-both-pcs-not-visible.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi network wireless cant connect visible to I have been experiencing this problem for a while already Previously I didn t have cant connect to visible wireless network problems connecting to my office s wireless router as my laptop automatically connects to it when I turn the connection on Then for a few weeks my computer could no longer connect to the said network It really puzzles me on how this was the case when the laptops and other devices of my other colleagues can connect to the same network so has my smartphone When I was doing field work I usually bring along my laptop and I found out that it had only a specific problem on my office s router since I can connect to other wireless networks I searched over the net for any possible solutions I rebooted the router countless times but to no avail I made sure that I didn t get the encyrption key wrong all the time I even tried to connect my computer directly to the router using a cable and tried to access the router interface via the web browser but it couldn t connect I then tried pinging it on cmd and it only prompted a quot time-out quot I m at a loss here I would really appreciate assistance with this matter here is my unit s system info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO NITU Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled and here is the ipconfig all info i copied from cmd prompt Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Admin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Firewalled Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday October ma dforelmo Lease Expires Wednesday October madforelmo Ethernet adapter A F- A - -BFE -A AE CEBCA Media State Media disconnected Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter - Packet S cheduler Miniport Physical Address -FF-A - - - F Ethernet adapter F A - AF - -B - C F C E Media State Media disconnected Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter - Packet Sche duler Miniport Physical Address -FF- -F -A - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - - F- - Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Netw ork Physical Address - - E- E- -B C Documents and Settings Admin gt I am currently using my laptop hooked on the router via cable nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, all.
Any help much appreciated: just switched to Win 10. My HP wifi-connected printer shows up as a device on my network, but the printer connect wizard can't find it. Have reconnected printer a few times, restarted, etc. Still can't connect. Need to fix this one soon!
RokeW

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54592-printer-visible-network-but-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am having a weird issue I have a network with PC's and PS 's Personal visible folders network on My PC-Win Personal folders visible on network Roommate's-Vista Home Premium His girlfriend's- Vista Home Premium I have enabled sharing on all the external HDD's that are connected to my Win machine Personal folders visible on network All sharing and security has been set accordingly and works perfect except for Personal folders visible on network some reason my USER folder quot Jay quot is completely visible to both Vista machines When I access the Network folder on my Win machine only the Public folders are visible on the two Vista machines The strange thing is that when I look at the properties of quot Jay quot folder it shows it as being shared yet in the Advanced sharing window quot Jay quot is NOT shared quot users quot folder is shared so I am assuming this is why quot Jay quot is shared as it is a sub-folder of quot users quot And when I look at the permission settings for quot Jay quot only myself and SYSTEM had permissions Now I managed to workaround this by adding another permission rule to the quot Jay quot folder I added NETWORK and set it to DENY straight across the board So now my roommates can still see my USERS folder but cannot access it This however is NOT ideal as this also blocks them from seeing accessing my PUBLIC folder I only set the NETWORK deny permissions on quot Jay quot folder yet ALL network sub-folders of USERS are blocked I have been up down thru around my folder and permission settings for my Win machine and cannot figure out why that folder quot Jay quot was visible and being shared and is still being shared Is this a hole in Win security I have found possibly Or am I missing something completely obvious I can't get the Public folder visible and accessible without exposing the quot Jay quot folder to all network users And if I stop sharing quot users quot I can't get the Public folder visible

A:Personal folders visible on network

Sounds to me like you set up a Homegroup with mixed Op systems which it really was not made for. For some reason doing this seems to allow the User folders on the Win 7 machines to be shared out, you havn't mentioned if you set up a Homegroup or Workgroup so I can only guess at this?

If you want more control over whats being shared then don't use Homegroups for a mixed OP system network, you should leave the Homegroup on your Windows 7 machines and then set up a Workgroup instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125670-personal-folders-visible-network.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit SP1 and McAfee Security Center. McAfee's firewall is turned on, and Windows Firewall is turned off, as Windows claims that it is not a good idea to run multiple firewalls at the same time. I am living in a college dorm. While in my dorm, I access the internet through the Ethernet jack in the wall. I have told Vista that the network is a public network. I have internet access, and when I view the Network, I do not see my computer. However, when I run Windows Media Player 11, my computer becomes visible as a "Media Device" with my computers name, even though I have Meida Sharing in WMP turned off. Is this a security risk? Is there some way to stop this from happening without denying WMP access to the internet so it can automaitcally get track information?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-makes-me-visible-on-a-public-network.752686/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey All Didn't know where to put this topic so excuse my stupidity when I am in the wrong section Some time ago I had a neighbour hitching a ride on my wifi network He took advantage of my senseless installing an extra sitecom homeplug without configuring the wifi settings properly He admitted to using my network but he denied doing this wilfully He network wifi invisible visible stated that he just used the wps button on his router and that the router itself choose the nearest and visible invisible wifi network strongest signal Well whatever you think of such a story is not really significant I of course upgraded the security of the sitecom homeplug to the same security levels as my initial router visible invisible wifi network Which is a strong pass making the SSID invisible and only allowing certain mac-adresses on the network Now lately while inspecting the security from a laptop which I had ordered to forget my network I found that by making visible invisible wifi network a connection windows could not see my SSID's and that I had to punch in blindley the name and the pass So far so good Anyway I downloaded vistumbler and got it working I performed the same test and There it was My network the initial router and the homeplug behind it So it seems that if you install the right programs your SSID invisibility is non existent Now is my question How can I make my wifi SSID really invisible I guess it can be done for I saw with the same programm two other wifi signals without a SSID Can you please point me in the right direction Sincerely Len

A:visible invisible wifi network

How can I make my wifi SSID really invisible.

The short answer, as you've already found out, is that you can't.  Not broadcasting your SSID only prevents the casual person from seeing your SSID, someone who wants to see it will be able.  This is part of reason I do not recommend turning off SSID broadcasting, the other is some devices have difficulty connecting to a wireless network that is not broadcasting the SSID.  Not broadcasting the SSID only provides a false sense of security.  The real security is using WPA or WPA2 with a strong password.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537573/visible-invisible-wifi-network/
Relevancy 51.17%

I?m running a Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 system, and an XP Home Edition on the same NetGear home network. Both systems are also running McAfee security software.

Occasionally I have been able to ?view? one computer from the other, but currently I cannot. Is this a common issue?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/members-of-home-network-not-visible-314894.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Not really a big problem since all is working as it should but should I be able/not be able to see my DGS-2208 on my network map?

Currently it just shows my pc- d-link systems- internet

My router is dlink dir-655. Is just combing the switch and router into 1 icon?

Thoughts?

A:Added a switch: Not visible in network map

Try rebooting your machines a couple times, that usually will get the switch to show up. I have the same router and had to reboot twice to get my switch to show up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/136921-added-switch-not-visible-network-map.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, My MediaSmart is not visible on the network.It starts and makes noise and I assume it is loading OS and it starts properly. Then on router page it is not visible as well as in the Explorer. I have tried different to start it as directed by the manual without a result. Could you please suggest another way to handle it? Thank you. Regards, Volodymyr Popovych

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/mediasmart-server-network-not-visible/td-p/5590059
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an ethernet wired house with ip cams hardwired on the network Two Foscam and the one D-link mentioned in the title Internally I use Blue Iris a program to monitor and record and IP Cam Pro on Android to view on G when away from the house The Foscam s are fine and viewable on G but I m unable to see the D-link which is new replacing another Foscam that fried Interestingly enough the D-link is viewable on Blue Iris internal and on the cell phones while on internal wi-fi so I know the cam settings are correct I ve not D-Link visible outside DCS-5009L of network cam ip had to port D-Link DCS-5009L ip cam not visible outside of network forward all cams to unique ports which you can designate on each cam s internal settings and do use a static IP on all as well Using a D-Link DCS-5009L ip cam not visible outside of network port scanning website of the ports are visible and of course those cams work but the rd port is not showing the D-Link and I can t see it from outside the network not sure why Is there anything funky with the D-Link hardware that needs a setting or otherwise conflicts with the port forward D-Link suggests using their software but it sucks to use different programs for cams when the IP Cam Pro works great and has a matrix view allowing all cams to be view concurrently I m using the stock firmware on an Asus RT-N U router and port forwarding the cams to their respective ports all in the s Advice for troubleshooting nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/d-link-dcs-5009l-ip-cam-not-visible-outside-of-network.1911605/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a network with to Share Network Xp Win7 Visible Can't But XP Pro SP systems ans - Win Ultimate systems I have them set up on a Work Group with all of the same names and print and file sharing enabled When I Network Visible But Can't Share Xp to Win7 look at the network from the network icon I see the groups name and all of the systems are listed I can share files between all of the XP systems from anywhere including the Win machines The problem is that When I try to access the Win machines from the XP systems I receive the error you are not authorized to access this system I have the systems set up as a work network and have turned off the passwords for sharing Network Visible But Can't Share Xp to Win7 I have completely turned off the firewall and it still won't let me access the Win machines I am listed as the administrator on Network Visible But Can't Share Xp to Win7 all of the machines and they all are set to allow anyone to change things Anyone have any ideas I am pretty sure that this just happened after one of the latest MS updates but I can't seem to find where the problem is Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Network Visible But Can't Share Xp to Win7

Hello gingem,

Try these recommendations:

Create Identical UserNames and Passwords for both computers.

On both computers make sure that DHCP is enabled. http://iyogibusiness.spaces.live.com...1ACB!174.entry

Netbios need to be enabled on both computers.
http://ttcshelbyville.wordpress.com/...os-over-tcpip/

Try accessing the Shared Folder/Drive by using the IPAddress of the computer that you're trying to access.
Click on Start and type \\IPAddress\SharedFolderName then press enter. An alternative to the Shared Folder Name could be C or C$ which is the Local C Drive of the computer if you have the entire drive shared.

Please post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139199-network-visible-but-cant-share-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I installed an USB external hard drive (FAT32) on an XP machine to act as a backup device for a special data base. I have this machine work grouped with a 98se. All network functions are working correctly except using the new external HD from the 98 machine. While attempting to access the USB HD from the 98 machine i get a message saying insufficient memory, and i can not open the drive. (i have the drive sharing set)

Any thoughts?

A:USB Hard drive visible but not accessabe over network

Try inserting more Random Access Memory that is compatible with your mobo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-hard-drive-visible-but-not-accessabe-over-network-8042.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Visual Studio has a new feature the Diagnostic Event Viewer I can write Net code using the EventSource class messages Diagnostic that visible Visual in Event Studio ETW Can Message Microsoft Viewer? are view Analyzer and it emits diagnostic traces easily This is described in nbsp Monitor and diagnose services in a local machine development setup I heard that Microsoft Message Analyzer can also analyze ETW events But I cannot figure out Can Microsoft Message Analyzer view ETW messages that are visible in Visual Studio Diagnostic Event Viewer? how to configure it to view the same custom application info that is so easily shown in the Visual Studio Event viewer Does anyone know how to Can Microsoft Message Analyzer view ETW messages that are visible in Visual Studio Diagnostic Event Viewer? setup Can Microsoft Message Analyzer view ETW messages that are visible in Visual Studio Diagnostic Event Viewer? a scenario in MMA so that I can view events like the VS Event Viewer does I tried experimenting with several different providers available in MMA but some of them spew info so fast that they paralyze the UI in MMA and I am unable to turn them off without killing the program So trial and error are not working well If you can point me to relevant reference info I'm happy to learn more about this nbsp Best Regards David K Allen lt a href quot http codecontracts info quot gt http codecontracts info lt a gt Minneapolis Minnesota USA

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7f4c5ebc-a9ad-4088-98c8-14c912b5f8a9/can-microsoft-message-analyzer-view-etw-messages-that-are-visible-in-visual-studio-diagnostic-event?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 50.31%

Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Configuration Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AM Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category None Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Error Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp Date: Keywords: Level: User: AM 6:00:17 Category: 1/16/2016 SYSTEM Name: None Error Computer: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP ID: Log Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Event Task 411 DESK nbsp nbsp Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/16/2016 6:00:17 AM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESK nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp DESKTOP- C QOQ Description Device IDE CdRomHL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NSB LN amp c a amp amp had a problem starting Driver Name cdrom inf Class Guid d e -e - ce-bfc - be Service cdrom Lower Filters nbsp Upper Filters nbsp Problem x Problem Status xC Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/16/2016 6:00:17 AM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESK lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP quot Guid quot C A - - D-ABD -E C quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Configuration lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt DESKTOP- C QOQ lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DeviceInstanceId quot gt IDE CdRomHL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NSB LN amp amp c a amp amp amp amp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverName quot gt cdrom inf lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ClassGuid quot gt D E -E - CE-BFC - BE lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ServiceName quot gt cdrom lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot LowerFilters quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot UpperFilters quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot Problem quot gt x lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot Status quot gt xc lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac564a06-5cb4-4869-b92b-df7d5087297e/log-name-microsoftwindowskernelpnpconfiguration-source?forum=TechNetEvents
Relevancy 50.31%

HDD 1 tb Seagate hardisk not working,is not visible in the laptop, can b seen in device manager for 1min then gets disconnected automatically and the light on the hard disk starts blinking

A:HDD hardisk not working,not visible in the laptop,visible in device manager for 1min then disconnect

If the system worked before with this drive, I would say the drive is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-hardisk-not-working-not-visible-in-the-laptop-visible-in-device-manager-for-1min-then-disconnect.198749/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have a Dell XPS 420 with a 64 bit windows 7 pro installed. My computer has a Broadcom 802.11g wireless adapter. I can see the adapter in network adapters (It has a red cross underneath it). But I dont see this adapter in the Network and Sharing center. Can someone help me with this problem.
Thx

A:Wireless adapter not visible in Network &Sharing center

The red cross in the icon indicates that the adapter isn't connected to a wireless network. Until it does, it isn't going to appear in the "Network & Sharing Center".

If you hover your mouse over the network icon in the Notification Area beside the clock, it should indicate that Networks are Available. Click it to reveal the available networks and then "Connect" to yours.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47871-wireless-adapter-not-visible-network-sharing-center.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello W7 Forum'ers

My Eth Network Adapter works fine and shows no errors and is visble in device manager running with the latest driver.
However I cannot see the network adapter in the Network and Sharing centre.

Normally I use wireless and that always works fine and i can see that in the Network and sharing centre. There are occassions that I need to configure a static IP on the NA but its not visible at all in the Network and Sharing centre

Tried enabling and disabling in device manager ..all ok no errors no conflicts,

Network Adapter is
MArvel Yukon PCI- E GigE

Sony Viao VPCEA1S1E
4Gig RAM
Intel i3Core
W7 Home Premium Edition x64 with SP1

Any pointers to help me resolve this irritating issue will be most welcome

Rgds,

A:Net Adapter works but not visible in Network and Sharing centre W7

Go to device manager
Go to Network adapter
Select Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller - double click on it.
Go to Power management Tab.
Remove Allow The computer to turn off this device to save power.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186813-net-adapter-works-but-not-visible-network-sharing-centre-w7.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Win computers connected to the same homegroup workgroup via a Cisco Linksys E All four computers are HPs of various makes laptops one of them is a brick and Files IP ONLY visible if network on computers accessed address via desktops Any computer that is awake and online shows up with its name in Network on the other machines However Files on network computers visible ONLY if accessed via IP address double-clicking to view files on these computers returns the following message Code Windows cannot access COMPNAME Check Files on network computers visible ONLY if accessed via IP address the spelling of the name Otherwise there might be a problem with your network To try to identify and resolve network problems click Diagnose Details Error code x - The network path was not found Diagnose as expected did nothing However here's the fun bit - when I try to access files on other computers by browsing their IP address everything works perfectly For now anyway I'm expecting a sudden degradation any day now Is there something I can change either on my systems or on the router itself that will enable me to view files on the other computers by name

A:Files on network computers visible ONLY if accessed via IP address

Hi pikalax,

From the computer that you're trying to access using it's computer name rather than it's IP Address, try the following:

Turn off Password Protected Sharing.
Disable Password Protected Sharing — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows 7 tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides

Click on the Start Orb and type secpol.msc press enter then navigate to: > Local Policies > Security Options, locate 'Network Access: Sharing and Security Model for Local Accounts, then choose Guest only and not Classic.

Now, try it again if you can accessing again by typing in the Computer Name from another Computer of course.

Alternatively, it's also easier to map a network drive and create a shortcut on the computer's Desktop. You may do this by using either the Computer Name or IP Address.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207797-files-network-computers-visible-only-if-accessed-via-ip-address.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I ve got a mind bender to start the holiday season MAIN PROBLEM I have a wireless network printer Brother MFC- W for which but workgroup, can't hostname printer in Network ping visible the XP SP machine on my network can t resolve the Network printer hostname visible in workgroup, but can't ping IP address despite being able to see it under My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network gt Workgroup Which is to say I can see the printer s hostname in the Workgroup window in Network printer hostname visible in workgroup, but can't ping XP but when I ping the hostname from the command line I get Ping request could not find host BRW E EE B Please check the name and try again BRW E EE B is the hostname of Network printer hostname visible in workgroup, but can't ping the printer from the Workgroup window If I just ping the printer s IP address I get a response I can ping the hostname or explore the shared folders of all other hosts in the workgroup including another laptop running Vista SP and a network attached backup drive Likewise the laptop can open the shared folders of the XP SP and backup drive just fine but unline the XP machine it CAN ping the printer by hostname Is there any way to get my XP machine to resolve the wireless printer s IP address This is causing trouble with the printer s controller software and driver and I would like to avoid using static IP addresses MORE DETAILS My home network looks like this Cable Modem gt Belkin F D - N Router gt Netgear WGT v Router I m using the Netgear as a wireless b g access point on which I ve disabled the firewall and DHCP and have set up so that it s just an extension of the Belkin s subnet XXX I also set the Netgear as a DMZ The Belkin runs on wireless n exclusively - The network drive is an WD MyBookLive wired directly into the Belkin - The laptop is a ThinkPad T p running Vista connected wirelessly to the Belkin - My XP SP machine is connected wirelessly to the Netgear router - The wireless network printer is also connecting to the Netgear router since it can only work with wireless b g Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Toshiba L laptop running Windows Late last night about hrs ago I in visible mode, CANNOT internet, not safe access connect network will tried to update uTorrent laptop froze for a few seconds then seemed to be normal EXCEPT nothing would load in Chrome ERR NAME RESOLUTION FAILED ran Malwarebytes nothing got the BSOD a couple times upon restart with two different messages DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATION and KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED I also DL TDSS Killer onto a flash drive through my husbands laptop--which i am on now to get that to my computer AND Whocrashed AND RegCurePro AND DriverTuner that was blocked from completing whatever it was trying to fix I CANNOT access internet, network visible in safe mode, will not connect am usually good at DIY fixes but this has me stumped and freaked out I'm sure there is stuff I am not thinking of but i need HELP this is ugly I got it to boot in safe mode w network it can see the router but not connect As far as I know my husband's laptop is clean but this thing is running slow and i'm worried about it too Malwarebytes scans are clean It is an Acer running Windows

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510731/cannot-access-internet-network-visible-in-safe-mode-will-not-connect/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Ok I have a very frustrating problem here and am just about at my wits end I ve just performed a clean install Visible & V2 Wi Not P-660HW-T1 Solved: But Will Network Connect. Wireless Still ZyXEL of Windows onto a desktop PC Up until today everything was going fine I had a wireless network set up and could access the internet through my BT Voyager router However today we switched to a ZyXEL P- HW-T V router and I can no longer access the internet or even just the wireless network The strange Solved: Wireless Network Visible But Still Will Not Connect. ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 V2 & Wi part is that I can actually see the network i e my wireless card detects and names it correctly but when I attempt to connect Windows just gives me a message that it cannot connect It has never prompted me to enter the WPA key at any stage I might have accepted that there are some compatibility issues between ZyXEL Solved: Wireless Network Visible But Still Will Not Connect. ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 V2 & Wi and W if I wasn t typing Solved: Wireless Network Visible But Still Will Not Connect. ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 V2 & Wi this through the same router same wireless network and using W on my laptop To rule out some basics I tried a fresh clean install of W and this time did not connect to the BT Voyager network but attempted to connect straight to the ZyXEL network Still no joy Afterwards I tried to connect to the BT Voyager network and hey presto it works fine The signal strength is very strong My wireless card is pretty old - a D-Link Air DWL- Wireless PCI Adapter but I have the latest drivers I could find I ve also tried using a USB Belkin g to connect but again fails Both methods can connect to the BT Voyager however I only have one router switched on at a time I have several other laptops currently working on the ZyXEL network working fine but just not this PC for some reason I have no idea how to even make W try to prompt me for the WPA key without just giving me a blanket denial Am I doing something wrong Well any advice would be much appreciated or the next step will be the sledgehammer Cheers Chew nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Network Visible But Still Will Not Connect. ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 V2 & Wi

Ok, panic over. I'm dumb. Nothing to see here, move along!

So the router is broadcasting on 'g' which would explain why my D-link 'b' card couldn't pick it up.

As for the Belkin there are no specific W7 drivers but by running v.4 in 'Vista' compatibility mode (no service packs) and making sure all previous Belkin software and drivers were removed, it finally worked!

P.s. for anyone else trying this, make sure the Belkin adapter is NOT plugged in until prompted by the installation.

Cheers!

Chew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-visible-but-still-will-not-connect-zyxel-p-660hw-t1-v2-wi.871890/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a macro that populates my sheet with data it copies from a filtered search. It copies the search results from Column A, then Transposes it to each of the rows visible, before clearing the filters. My problem is that sometimes there is data already present in those cells, data from previous searches. I need to keep that data and paste the new data. Right now the macro pastes over the old data, I would like it it if it simply moved it or shifted it to the right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-to-transpose-visible-cells-in-column-a-to-each-visible-row.1138315/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 4 PCs networked using the MS Windows Network. I have one bad actor PC call it "PatrickSilver". When I try to access folder from another PC, I get
\\PatrickSilver\My Documents is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Access is denied

I am the system admin for my home network ... I can access all other PCs from PatrickSilver ... I just can't grant access to the files on "PatrickSilver" ... My main PC is running XP Professional ... PatrickSilver is running Win 2000 professional

Of course, I can see the PatrickSilver is on the network ... just can't get access.

Help!!!

Of course, I have set up all 4 PCs ... so I thought the same way ... I'm stumped

Jerry

Relevancy 48.16%

in XP explorer, press Network, then Microsoft Windows Network and you get the workgroups
eg: Sales [3 computers] Research [2 computers] Boss [2 computers]

But when you press Network in Win 7 there is no display of the workgroups , just a bunch of computers.

Is there a way to change Win 7 to the XP functionality? Or A 3rd party program to do this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400690-microsoft-windows-network-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I am running Windows 7 x64 on both my laptop and PC. Both have the latest Windows updates installed.

When I connect my USB key to my PC it doesn't show up in Explorer. When I click into Disk Management it is shown but without a drive letter. If I try to assign a drive letter I get an error, "The operation failed to complete because the Disk Managemnt console view......".

I have had the same problem with various USB storage devices. For example, my PSP when connected by USB will not show up in My Computer but will show in Disk Management.

I have tried restarting the PC in safe mode but the drive is still not recognized.

This drive works fine on my laptop.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Lee.

A:USB not visible in My Computer

Have you tried formatting your USB drive in either FAT/FAT32/NTFS?

Where did your drive originate? I'm not sure what format PSPs use, so the fact that that won't connect may also be irrelevant.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-not-visible-in-my-computer-641924.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all,

I want to another HDD to my system. I got a new IDE HDD and installed it. Changed the jumpers accordingly to Master & slave. Checked the Bios to ensure the IDE would Autodetect. Once in Windows, new hardware dialogue box displayed, hardware installed mesage appears. I go to My Computer and cannot see my new HDD.

I then changed jumpers on both HDD to cable select. Launch Wndows and HDD still not visible in My Computer. Have checked Device Manager and according to it new HDD is working properly and is enabled. Checked BIOS again. HDD listed there too.

Head wrecked. This is happening on a WXP system and Windows 2003 system too.

What am I doing wrong?

River

Relevancy 47.73%

I am connected to a network domain. When I go to My network places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>Domain I can see all networked computers when I am wired in but when I connect wirelessly I cannot. I use a "Wireless access point" connected to my firewall router. I have tried disabling the wireless firewall and assigning a static IP. I am logged into the domain but the only way to can view the other computers on the network is to connect through a wired connection. I'm thinking it has to be a setting in my Wireless router but I cannot figure it out.

A:Viewing Microsoft windows network

Hi

when you connect via the wire, and via wireless is the ip address,subnet and default gateway in the same range ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewing-microsoft-windows-network.131090/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a desktop and laptop on my home network. My laptop and it's shared files are visible/accessible to the desktop through homegroup and network in explorer but the desktop and it's shared folders are completely invisible to the laptop in explorer. HOMEGROUP/SHARING SETTINGS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME FOR BOTH PC'S. Passwords are both set correctly. I would really appreciate some help with this as I'm completely dumbfounded.

A:Computer not visible in homegroup

There was a site-blocking service installed on the laptop that for some reason was blocking communication on the network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/370002-computer-not-visible-homegroup.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I have a situation that I have never run into before I am the network visible Libraries Nothing My under Computer in admin at my church and we just purchased Nothing visible under Libraries in My Computer a new Dell XPS computer that shipped with Windows Home Premium -bit that we immediately did a Windows Anytime Upgrade on to Windows Professional I began installing the programs we use and loading drivers for our printer and noticed that when I double click on My Computer I see the usual Favorites Libraries Nothing visible under Libraries in My Computer Homegroup Computer with attached drives amp Nothing visible under Libraries in My Computer Network on the left pane However when I click the small triangle next to Libraries there is not the usual Documents Music Pictures Videos that I am used to seeing there even though I have copied files to those locations The first thing I tried was to right click - Restore default libraries but this did not change anything If I attempt to manually ADD a library called Documents I get an error message saying that a library already exists with that name I have grown very used to having these shortcuts available in this location Is there anything I can do to make them show up again Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nothing-visible-under-libraries-in-my-computer.1012726/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have 3 computers on my home network, two are Windows 10 desktops, one is Windows 7 laptop. I'll call them 10-1, 10-2, and 7.

10-1 can see 10-2 and 7.

7 can see 10-1 and 10-2.

10-2 can see 7 but CANNOT see 10-1. What can cause this problem?

All are Ethernet connected to the same router.

New observation: As an experiment I turned off discovery and restarted 10-1. It is still visible to the Windows 7 laptop and sharing is the same. It seems like the settings in the network and sharing center have no relationship with what is really going on.

A:Computer not visible to one other user

I tried today and all 3 computers see all other computers. KB3139907 installed on 3/2 and KB3139907 on 3/3. Maybe one of these fixed it?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42297-computer-not-visible-one-other-user.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone.

I have just bought a new computer and installed Windows onto the new HDD. I've taken the secondary HDD I use for storage out of my old computer and put it into the new one, but it's having some issues. The boot menu and disk management acknowledge the secondary HDD is there, but it does not show up in My Computer.

Can anyone help with this?

Cheers,
Al.

A:HDD detected but not visible in my computer

I just realised I needed to assign a drive letter.

Sorry for the dumb question.

Al.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352819-hdd-detected-but-not-visible-my-computer.html
Relevancy 47.3%

First of all, i tried to install ArcGIS 10 trial on my pc and it says i need to have microsoft frame network 3.5 to install it. So after a quick search on the web, i found out that version 3.5 comes as OS component in windows 7. So why dont i have it??? i have windows 7 ultimate x32. A quick check on my windows update history says that i DO have network 3.5 installed BUT when i go to installed updates the list is E-M-P-T-Y.
Here are some screenshots that explain what i am saying:
1)http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/updatesvtry.jpg/
2) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/updates2t.jpg/

SO all i need is a way to install framework 3.5 on windows 7 so that i can install ArcGIS

thanks in advance

A:Microsoft frame network 3.5 problem on windows 7

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is integrated into the Windows 7 operating system and will not appear in Control Panel - Programs And Features.

The system requirements do say Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is required(which your computer has), so I don't know why you're having trouble installing it.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-frame-network-3-5-problem-on-windows-7.1030845/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a server computer running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard operating system with 4 client computers connected to the network running Windows 7 Professional operating system. All worked great yesterday. This morning, one of the client computers encountered this error:

An error occurred while reconnecting F: to \\SERVER\Data
Microsoft Windows Network: The user name could not be found. This connection has not been restored.

No updates or changes have occured between yesterday and today and the three other client computers have no similar problems. Just this one client has the error. Any suggestions on what to do?

Relevancy 46.87%

I've got the following network
2 PCs (192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3) connected via a switch.

I can ping and access (read/write) shares of 192.168.1.2 from 192.168.1.3, but
not vice versa
What is the problem?

A:Solved: Computer not visible to another one in the same subnet

Check the x.x.x.3 machine for some software firewall that is on. This can be the Windows Firewall or some other 3rd party firewall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-not-visible-to-another-one-in-the-same-subnet.797433/
Relevancy 46.87%

I've been working on a friend's computer for Malware Computer; No Visible Slow days now Have found and removed I hope coolwebsearch about blank assorted trojans and a virus that Norton caught Slow Computer; No Visible Malware At Slow Computer; No Visible Malware this point Spybot Ad-Aware Slow Computer; No Visible Malware and Norton all scan clean However performance is still extremely slow I've installed and updated all the above anti-malware programs plus used aboutbuster cwshredder have done Microsoft updates live updates and deep scans repeatedly All now coming clean but when you turn on the machine and it finally comes up you press a key and wait anywhere from several minutes to half an hour for the next screen to open Here's my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system SK DM EXE C WINNT GWMDMMSG exe C WINNT System igfxtray exe C WINNT System hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE C WINNT System NMSSvc exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Lanovation PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run Hot Key Kbd Daemon SK DM EXE O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Keyboard Preload Check C OEMDRVRS KEYB Preload exe DEVID CLASS Keyboard RunValue quot Keyboard Preload Check quot O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINNT GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL EE AOLHostManager exe O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Startup Epson printer Registration lnk D Titles EpsonReg EpsonReg EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B ... Read more

A:Slow Computer; No Visible Malware

Welcome to the BleepingComputer forum. We are currently studying your log and will have instructions for you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72614/slow-computer;-no-visible-malware/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

Here is my problem: my cd and cd rw drives disappeared from 'My computer' after a crash during a game.

The drives are detected in the devices list and there are no exclamation marks; however no letters are assigned

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both the drives and the ide controllers and assigned drive letters - the letters are removed after rebooting.

The drives are detected by the bios.

The drives will work when I boot from win98 boot disk.

I have tried installing the drivers from the win98 boot disk and booting windows with those - mixed results - the drives were visible in 'my computer' but could not access any information.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-cdrw-drives-not-visible-in-my-computer.111017/
Relevancy 46.87%

I purchased an external USB Storage device of 80 GB capacity (Sony). When I connect it to my laptop (HP Pavilion zt3000), it shows up in the tray. But when I check through "My Computer", there is no icon for the USB Hard disk for me to open and store data.

The response is same when I checked it in another laptop of HP.

Hardware Device Manager shows that the USB storage device is working properly and responds correctly for connection or disconnection!!

Can you advice what could be the problem and how to come out of this issue and start using the storage device?

A:USB Storage Device not visible in My Computer

Connect the external drive and turn it on before turning on the laptop. Give Windows a minute or 2 to "see" the drive. It eventually will. Once Windows installs the drive, you should be ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-storage-device-not-visible-in-my-computer.702064/
Relevancy 46.87%

font Arial Hi there hoping someone can help I ve been working on a friend s computer for almost two weeks now trying to rid it of a host of malware infections So far I have removed I think CoolWebSearch AboutBlank Myzor and several other trojans and an un-named virus that Norton Malware Computer Slow Visible - No caught It has taken so long because these nasty little critters keep re-generating I ve run Norton Ad-Aware Spybot which all currently come up clean Before getting to this point I also ran CWShredder AboutBuster and Noadware which also came up clean I ve looked at the registry deleted temp files deleted downloaded game programs and anything else I could think of Every scan now comes up clean However this system is slower than cold molasses It takes minutes not seconds for a program to launch Last night it took over an hour just to power up and launch Norton There is a program shown in Control Panel called BDE Adminstrator that seems to be a Borland Database Engine I m not familiar with this program and can tremove it it doesn t show up in quot remove programs quot and I can t locate it in quot program Slow Computer - No Visible Malware files quot Slow Computer - No Visible Malware Don t know if it s causing any problems anyway as it does not seem to be in startup either Right now you can click on the start button go get coffee read a few pages of the newspaper and play with the dog Slow Computer - No Visible Malware for a few minutes before the next window pops open Something is drastically wrong Help please I m out of ideas Thanks

A:Slow Computer - No Visible Malware

it does sound like a malware related issue and you should probably post a hijackthis log for an expert to inspect.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72329/slow-computer-no-visible-malware/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

Everything was working fine for a week but now my external hard drive has disappeared. It's visible in hardware devices but it's not visible in MyComputer. Any ideas ? ( I tried right clicking in the device manager and selecting "fix problem" ( my version is in spanish so please forgive me if the translation isn't exact ) and it said it found and fixed the problem but I still cant see the device. Curiously, I can see other things that I plug in like pendrives, but just not this particular disk.

A:external disk not visible in My Computer

Have you examined the drive in disk management (WinKey|type diskmgmt.msc|enter)?

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/133221-external-disk-not-visible-my-computer.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I have been using an external USB Western Digital 'Elements' desktop storage drive as my main backup for a couple of years now without any problems. Over the last 48 hours the drive doesn't seem to be registering in 'My Computer' or 'Disk Management'? My Folder options are also showing Show hidden files option.
I've looked at other Forums and the suggestion is that the OS is at fault, I have also tried the External Drive on my Laptop and it worked fine. The other issue, which I believe is also connected to this one is that my secondary internal drive is also not showing?
Thanks for you help.
Jim
ps there was a moment last night when it was actually working but when I attempted to back up some files I received an error note advising me that the Drive was unknown, it has been inaccessible since then.

A:External Drive not accessible therefore not visible in 'My Computer'

Hello simmyjiff!

If the drive is working on your laptop just fine, then the problem isn't with it. You could be having a hardware issue with your other PC.

What is your secondary internal drive as make and model? Is it also completely gone from the system? Could you please provide us with your motherboard model, a list of all your storage devices and a screenshot of your Disk Management.

Also, if the two now not-working devices load successfully to your laptop, back them up through there, just in case.

Then check if your BIOS on the problematic PC needs updating, if you have all necessary USB drivers and clean the OS from viruses, malware, do a Disk Clean up.

Post back!

CK_WD

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/379045-external-drive-not-accessible-therefore-not-visible-my-computer.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone I made the mistake of using diskpart clean only NOT clean all command on my local hard disk so the command deleted the partition diskpart My not only. computer<<Used visible clean Partition in that does not contain the OS and gave me an error message that it couldn't delete the partition that has the OS since then I tried using testdisk and it does detect my deleted partition and i choose to write a new partition table option and reboot but still i can't seem to recover that partition that has my graduation photos that i have no back up for In the attached images you'll see that the partition is intact and i can even see its content and but i don't know what's going on please Partition not visible in My computer<<Used diskpart clean only. guys any nice help would be appreciated Thanks in advance P S EASEUS is not able to recover since it says that quot existing quot and doesn't even recognised as deleted or lost by it so you can only browse the deleted partition but not recover

A:Partition not visible in My computer<<Used diskpart clean only.

Hello Salih,

If you mean the 3.99 GB unallocated space in your screenshot, then you might see if you may be able to pick up at step 7 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below to restore the partition and recover the data on it afterwards.

Convert a Dynamic Disk to a Basic Disk

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194711-partition-not-visible-my-computer-used-diskpart-clean-only.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everybody Just got a Samsung Chronos It came with partitions or at least that's what it seemed to me I had the usual Mb System one along with the OEM GB I wanted to change the Windows version so I boldly booted from the Windows disk I was interested in At one point the system asked me where I wanted to install on Computer Management not window. Why? Disk on OEM but visible it OEM visible on Disk Management but not on Computer window. Why? I left the two afore mentioned partitions alone just in case I know I should whip myself for not doing any back-up thinking that by leaving those partitions alone I could fall back on my feet if anything went wrong The fact is that I did reinstall Windows all right but lost all my drivers and basically all the programs that came with this laptop I don't know if they were worth anything Now my confusion is that I can still see the two partitions when I go to quot computer management quot But they don't appear in the Computer window How is it so Do you think there is a way to quot reach quot the OEM partition and restore the system Or does it work with the dedicated Samsung recovery system that I simply and stupidly squashed Many thanks in advance for your kind help

A:OEM visible on Disk Management but not on Computer window. Why?

Quote:
I wanted to change the Windows version

No install files needed.
Only the Upgrade key is need.
Anytime upgrade only adds-on the Programs & Features from version to version.
Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can order Microsoft official OEM Recovery disks from your OEM manufacturer's website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/300419-oem-visible-disk-management-but-not-computer-window-why.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have a bit of a problem where one of my hard drives can not be seen in My Computer or in Disk Management Firstly I thought the drive had died on me but then I noticed I can My Hard disk Computer visible drive in not still see the drive in Device Manager and I can still disconnect it using quot Safely Remove Hardware quot I removed it then Hard disk drive not visible in My Computer rebooted the machine and it still could not be seen in My Computer quot In Device Manager and quot Safely Remove Hardware quot I have noticed that my other drives are labelled in the following format WDC WD JD- GBB WDC WD JD- GBB WDC WD JD- HBB The one that doesnt work is labelled WDC WD It has the nd part of the identifier missing they are all Western Digital drives Does anyone know what has happened to this drive and if there is any way to recover it without loosing the data Cheers in advance nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Recently, I have noticed that I have been getting BSOD errors when shutting down the computer. Right before the computer is about to shut down, the screen fizzes out and the comp restarts. The BSOD does not appear to look like an ordinary one and there is no error code visible.

According to device manager, all of my drivers are installed.

My Specs:

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
AMD XFX Radon 6870
4 GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 mhz
AMD FX 6100 Processor
Asus Xonar DG Soundcard
Belkin Wireless USB
Corsair TX 650 Watt
Asus M599XEVO

I also have not done any overclocking.
I will also try and get a picture of the blue screen when I next see it occur.

Thanks for any possible help!

A:BSODs when computer is about to shut down. No visible error code.

The BSOD is caused by Belkin USB Wireless Adapter Driver.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 0, fffff80002e82e42}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RTL8192su.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RTL8192su.sys
Probably caused by : RTL8192su.sys ( RTL8192su+fd34 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
And the driver is very old.

Code:
fffff880`0a87e000 fffff880`0a941000 RTL8192su T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: RTL8192su.sys
Image path: RTL8192su.sys
Image name: RTL8192su.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jul 08 12:48:33 2010 (4C357BC9)
CheckSum: 000B0D2E
ImageSize: 000C3000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Download and install Realtek RTL8192SU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter Driver for it, from Realtek

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup . Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286405-bsods-when-computer-about-shut-down-no-visible-error-code.html
Relevancy 45.58%

In a (successful) attempt to correct WGA registration problem I did a Windows Repair.

I used Windows Backup and saved it to my external hard drive. Now I have almost identical files and folders there and on the now visible Recovery drive. TBUH, when making the backup several options appeared and I checked one without being 110% sure it was right.

Did possibly I do something not right? What need I do to correct anything wrong, including which folders and files I may safely delete? What advice do I need for future?

Please!

A:Recovery Drive now visible when I click on Computer icon

The recovery drive is a special partition on your computer that you cannot be accessed through Windows Explorer. It can only be accessed by booting into it. On a Dell, you reboot the computer and when the Dell logo appears, press Ctrl-F11. I do not own a Dell, but with a little bit of research, I was able to find out for you. Hope this helps!
-Chris DeMatteo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/185687-recovery-drive-now-visible-when-i-click-computer-icon.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I have a 1.5 TB Seagate external harddrive about 3 months old . Ive gone to open it today and its not there . After playing around for a little while , i realised its showing up as f drive , but when i try to open it ,it says disc needs formatting . I went into disk managment and it is showing up as disk 2 still as f drive , the decription says GB Unknown (BitLocker Encrypted) . If you cant tell i know sweet fa about what im doing , can sombody help please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-external-hard-drive-isnt-visible-on-my-computer.1148718/
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently upgraded my 32-bit installation of Windows 7 to a 64-bit one. I changed my RAM setup from 3(2+1)GB to 4(2+2)GB. But, Windows just shows 3 GB Ram. It doesn't say it like "4 GB (3 GB usable)". No. It just shows me 3 GB, as if that's how much RAM I've installed, even dxdiag. However, if I open CPU-Z, it shows me the correct information - that I have 4 GB of RAM in a (2+2) mode.

So, what's going wrong? I'd really appreciate some help.

A:3 GB visible of 4 GB Ram on 64-bit Windows

Some may have gone on video or other use often this is a setting in the BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402580-3-gb-visible-4-gb-ram-64-bit-windows.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently upgraded my 32-bit installation of Windows 7 to a 64-bit one. I changed my RAM setup from 3(2+1)GB to 4(2+2)GB. But, Windows just shows 3 GB Ram. It doesn't say it like "4 GB (3 GB usable)". No. It just shows me 3 GB, as if that's how much RAM I've installed, even dxdiag. However, if I open CPU-Z, it shows me the correct information - that I have 4 GB of RAM in a (2+2) mode.

So, what's going wrong? I'd really appreciate some help.

A:3 GB visible of 4 GB Ram on 64-bit Windows

Some may have gone on video or other use often this is a setting in the BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402580-3-gb-visible-4-gb-ram-64-bit-windows.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My PC automatically restarts just after clicking amp Enter amp on amp Start Windows Normally amp and quot Last known configuration quot I restarted the system in Safe Mode and i saw that computer again restarted just after amp Mup sys amp file loaded by the system If i just leave it it will restart itself again and again and again Right now im writing this normallyö just restart Windows after ôstart Computer Microsoft in XP windows from another PC but i really Computer restart just after ôstart windows normallyö in Microsoft Windows XP need the other one So if you have any suggestion how can i fix this please post them here OS Windows XP SP PC Acer Aspire T -QB Z AMD Athlon GB HDD GB DDR Ram NVIDIA GeForce up to MB EDIT Now i noticed that after clicking quot Normal start quot theres a blue screen that shows up for less then a second I needed some time to see whats written and here it is A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Run a system diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware manufacturer In particular run a memory check and check for faulty or mismatched memory Try changing video adapters Disable or remove any newly installed hardware and drivers Disable or remove any newly installed software If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode But thats not all It loads to there and then it restarts so i cant see the other part gt lt EDIT I saw a video how to repair Windows with the boot disk and when i put the disk it start to load files Then it want me to choose where Windows to be installed wich wasnt shown on the video I choose C disk and i pressed Enter Then i clicked cancel cuz it asked me if im sure if i want to install windows and i dont want to reinstall it Then i restarted and the PC started But now im scared to turn it off nbsp

A:Computer restart just after “start windows normally” in Microsoft Windows XP

i restarted and the PC started. But now im scared to turn it off...Click to expand...

whilst its working I would take the opportunity to copy all the data you want to keep onto a USB drive

you could try a restore as you now have the machine working - just depends on if its an intermittent hardware fault

start>
programs>
accessories>
system tools>
system restore>
choose a date well before the issue started

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-restart-just-after-%C2%93start-windows-normally%C2%94-in-microsoft-windows-xp.1023586/
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear all,

I am going through a strange problem. My Laptop hard disk had three partition C: , D; & E:. Day before yesterday ..my working folder was on desktop (approx 6 Gb in size). As my PC was working slow, I shift+deleted my working folder on the desktop after copying in d: drive. But from yesterday morning i am not able to see my D: & E: drives in my computer. I have fully updated quickheal total security 12.00 (SP1).

In disk management also, only C: drive (58.49 GB) is visible, all other space of my hard disk (239.49 GB) is showing as free space.

Please help so that i can recover my d: and e: drives. or tell me any method to recover my working folder that i put in d: drive.

A:Windows XP= D: & E: Drives are not visible.

In Disk Management, is it showing as "free space" or "unallocated space"?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-d-and-e-drives-are-not-visible-626563.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm having a strange problem where I can only see some windows when they are maximized. When I initially run the program, like AIM, it appears in my taskbar but nothing appears on the desktop. If I right click the task and maximize it, it maximizes it, but if I try to restore it, it disappears again.

This happened to IE initially also, but that has magically fixed itself. Right now it happens to AIM and strangely to the Add/Restore Programs window in Control Panel.

Please Help! Running AIM in maximized form sucks!!
Thanks

I'm running Windows XP Pro on
Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz, 256MB RAM...

Relevancy 43.86%

This has been infrequent but now happens all of the time. I'm running XP professional. When using IE and clicking on a link to a page a second window opens but is not visible. It shows as a tab on the tool bar but requires highlilghting and clicking maximize to see (right click). It cannot be resized and will pop off of the screen so that it cannot be grabbed. Apparently windows is resizing it and sending it off of the screen, I run pop up stopper but this occurs whether or not it is on or off. Does anyone know how to correct this problem so that I don't have to physically maximize all linked windows?

A:Linked windows not visible when using IE

Probably a dumb question but...have you tried going to Tools/Internet Options and resetting everything to default settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linked-windows-not-visible-when-using-ie.221599/
Relevancy 43.86%

i had firefox but it started getting getting sluggish and not API, but disk. Visible on to the Windows froze often but i could download I switched to ie and soon realized that it wouldn't let me download anything i Visible to the Windows API, but not on disk. suspected a virus so i switched to google chrome and to my surprise it was the same i couldn't even download the extensions that come with it i still had the firefox set up file so i installed it Visible to the Windows API, but not on disk. again and it lets me down load but the other two still won't I ran a bunch of anti-virus programs spyware and adware and got or pup that was designated as light threats then i saw on this forum that someone posted close to the same problem and was advised to run root kit scan so i ran root appeal and got this Path C System Volume Information restore A B - EE- E -AAF - ADA E B BA RP A old Status Visible to the Windows API but not on disk Path C Program Files AVAST Software Avast defs stream pkg bin Status Visible to the Windows API but not on disk I don't knowif i should delete them and if they may be part of the cause of my malfunction this is my first time on a forum so please Visible to the Windows API, but not on disk. help me figure this out

A:Visible to the Windows API, but not on disk.

Hi there,The first file is part of a restore point, the second file is part of Avast definitions. I do not recommend deleting them as it can mess up your computer.You mentioned being unable to download anything in IE? Is there an error message when you try to download something?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587733/visible-to-the-windows-api-but-not-on-disk/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there,

I have this strange problem with my new laptop with Windows 8!!!

I backed up everything from my old laptop to a new one which included many software that I downloaded of the internet and collected otherwise.

All exe files were gone from my laptop and when I searched for "*.exe", I noticed they were found and they were showing as if they are in the folders where they belong but they are not visible in the folder. Further, I cannot click and run any of these exe files!!!

Any help would be great! If you need further information please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

A:Windows 8: exe files not visible

Sounds like it hid the files. I'm assuming the installation files (typically stored in the downloads folder) are the ones you're having issues with. Where did you put those files? Also, when you double click the files, what happens? Do you get an error message?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-exe-files-not-visible-682803.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

For the last week or so I have been unable to see the Windows sidebar on my desktop, even though the program is loaded (as seen on the task manager) and any open windows dock onto the area where the sidebar should be visible. The only way to make it visible is by closing the task (sidebar.exe) in the task manager and restart the program.

Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Pete

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-sidebar-not-visible.761606/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello sir,
i need your help too,
i got the same problem,,
i use windows 10 pro
would you like to help me too? please,,
thanks before

https://malwaretips.com/threads/c-programdata-microsoft-network-dsq-network-sysnetwk-exe-malware.65578/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I tried downloading some software yesterday and ended up downloading a zip file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Dsq\network\sysne Malware twk.exe After i C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Dsq\network\sysne twk.exe Malware extracted it my Antivirus immediately detected it as malware and moved it to the chest I immediately deleted the downloaded file but the damage had already been done C ProgramData Microsoft Network Dsq network sysnetwk exe There is a suspicious file created in the above said path which is constantly been detected by my Antivirus software I tried manually deleting the files but it pops back again after I close and open the file location I read some of your earlier replies to these kind of problems and tried removing But I was not successful in removing the malware So here I have attached the FRST Logs for your reference I have also downloaded the Zemana Antimalware suggested by you and scanned my PC It detected many proxy settings and a few other files also I am also uploading the Zemana Antimalware Scan Log for your reference Thanking you in advance for your consideration Hope to get a speedy reply nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/c-programdata-microsoft-network-dsq-network-sysnetwk-exe-malware.64458/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,
I'm aware that behaviour in windows 8 is probably a bug fix but still:

in windows 7 when I switched from dual display to single display all windows stayed exactly where they were so when I switched back to dual display everything was were it supposed to be (i.e. chat windows + music player on side display)

in windows 8 each time I do that (switch from double display) all windows from second display are moved to the main/only one and upon switching back they are not moved back which is... highly annoying :/

can I somehow make windows 8 to behave like win 7?!

A:Moving windows to visible area

Not that i'm aware of, though there are some apps out there that can automatically position windows for you.

You may find a few hotkeys useful. Try using WindowsKey+right or left arrow several times and the current window will move to differenet snap positions.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that it should not have behaved that way in Windows 7, as that could make apps stranded on the second monitor.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19365-moving-windows-visible-area.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Windows Explorer [+] [-] boxes always visible

In Ultimate 7 Windows Explorer among the many crimes I have solved without resorting to the very fine helper Classic Shell is the mystery of the [+] [-] boxes in the left explorer windows pane remaining visible after cursor departure. I do NOT want Triangles in their place next to my folder names, thank you very much Classic Shell. I DO want the stock [+] [-] boxes that disappear every time I stop hovering to STAY VISIBLE all the time. I prefer registry fixes over hunting the Microsoft committee, for sport, that dictated this painfully useless edict upon us lowly users to force us into an endless chase of upgrading away from horrible options we thought surely they would have fixed in the next version. They did not.

ALWAYS VISIBLE [+] [-] BOXES IN WINDOWS EXPLORER... how?

A:Windows Explorer [+] [-] boxes always visible

This is possible using Classic Shell. Open Classic Explorer settings and set the Navigation Pane style to Windows XP Classic. If it doesn't work then follow these troubleshooting steps mentioned in the FAQ: Classic Shell: FAQ

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/336222-windows-explorer-boxes-always-visible.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I have just purchased a 2nd hand laptop which has a 500GB SSD drive on it and when installing Windows, it only shows 33GB of the drive which I assume is a partition. The rest is just not visual at all so there is no way to format or select it etc.

Can anyone help me with this?

I can't actually get into Windows which is why I needed to sort the install out.

Thanks

Scott

A:All of SSD drive not visible on Windows 8 install

at install screen - hit F10 - to bring up a prompt
this is assuming you only have one disk installed in pc

type> diskpart
type> select disk 0
type> clean

close prompt and reboot into windows setup - see if that works..

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/61243-all-ssd-drive-not-visible-windows-8-install.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, recently my antivirus avast detected virus in some folders but none of them are visible in the windows explorer. I have also enabled the show hidden files and folders in the folder options but still the folders are not shown. I can see these folder when I search them in the "Everything" search program but not in the explorer. Please help me with this problem. Can I have an alternative to windows explorer which is light and also shows all the folders. The hidden folders are:
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService
C:\Recycler

A:Some folder not visible in windows explorer.

If you have had any infections, even minor ones, then this program will help open the files that can be hidden by some infections -UNHIDEPublisher: BleepingComputerPlatform: Windows | Category: Security Utilities Unhide is a program that reverts back the changes made to your files and Windows Registry by the rogue.FakeHDD family of rogue anti-spyware program. This family of malware pretends to be a hard disk repair and system optimization program for Windows. In reality, though, these programs are computer infections that deliberately hide your files and change certain settings in the Windows Registry to make it appear that you have lost data on your hard drive. It will then prompt you to purchase the program to restore the data.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459871/some-folder-not-visible-in-windows-explorer/
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently HDD not IDE visible Windows by Bios found in 7; recieved some used computer parts from a friend These parts IDE HDD not found by Windows 7; visible in Bios are Window compatable as he was running the RC on them before he sent IDE HDD not found by Windows 7; visible in Bios them to me When I got them I added my Power supply Case IDE Hard Drives and CD DVD Burners When I had everything wired up and in the case I was able to get it to power up but when IDE HDD not found by Windows 7; visible in Bios Windows Ultimate got to the point where it is supposed to install on a Hard Drive it didn't recognize either of the two drives in the tower Current Configuration - Gig WD Caviar Blue IDE Master - Gig WD Caviar Blue IDE Slave - HP CD DVD RW Burner - Sony CD DVD R Burner - MSI PT -Neo V motherboard - Gig Crucial RAM - Graphics card uncertain as to info as I am not where I can check it - PCI USB card - PCI Audio Card uncertain as to info as I am not where I can check it - MSI Wireless adapter I originally had Windows XP on the Gig Hard Drive but since I have changed out Mother Board Graphics Card RAM etc that build of Windows XP will not function I do not have a wired Keyboard so I cannot reinstall from the Windows XP disk and with my USB Keyboard I can install the Windows Disk but if Windows does not recognize my INTERNAL IDE drives I cannot install that What am I to do Can anyone help me trouble shoot Windows refusing to recognize my Hard Drives when booting from Install CD My Windows CD is Windows Ultimate Full Version

A:IDE HDD not found by Windows 7; visible in Bios

Welcome to SevenForums!
Check out this thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/35191-ide-hdd-not-found-windows-7-visible-bios.html
Relevancy 43.43%

This may be related to the recent Windows update.

Just recently, I noticed that, sometimes, I had to click an application twice to start it.

At first, I attributed it to typos, but when it happened quite a few times, I investigated.

I saw that Task Manager showed the application running, but there was no window on the desktop.

The application doesn't matter and it's not easily reproducible - happens once or twice a day at random.

Odd.

I'll be a bit more vigilant now that I noticed it and see if I can track it down better (32-bit or 64-bit apps, for example). The last one was a 32-bit application. And I started two applications in rapid succession.

(I'm on 64-bit 8.1).

A:Applications running, but no visible windows?

Probably moved off screen
Offscreen Window - Move Back to Desktop - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51985-applications-running-but-no-visible-windows.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello recently a friend of mine got a new computer but wanted to pull files off her old one She had hard drives in her old PC So basically what I did was take them out and plug them in to the new PC as secondary drives The drive in Hard visible not Windows first one worked just fine appeared in windows and I was able to drag and drop the files onto her hard drive The problem comes with the second drive It is visible in the BIOS but it wont say new hardware found and there Hard drive not visible in Windows is no icon for it in My Computer Now I am decently computer savvy so I know all about Disk Management and the need to assign a drive letter The problem is Disk management DOES see Hard drive not visible in Windows the drive but doesnt let me do anything to it except quot Delete Partition quot granted if she wanted the hard drive in the new PC just for the extra space I bet i could delete partition and it would work but she wants files off of it The disk management even says of gb free so it sees the hard drive and even measures the amount of it but why cant I access it Yes it was a windows drive not a linux one or anything Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Hard drive not visible in Windows

hey dmzta317

If the HD was working in the old computer, you could just them both back, copy the files to the other working HD and then format the one not working when plugged into the new computer. Might save you the trouble of trying to figure out what the problem is with detection .... mind you, I can't say that I know what the problem is.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-visible-in-windows.124963/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I have been facing some strange problems with hd drives lately I have a pc xp pro sp with sata hard drives All of them are connected as ide though because we did not want to put them on raid at least this is what windows detected BIOS but by not visible HDD and in I understood from the tech guy who made the HDD not detected by BIOS but visible and in windows configuration HDD drive C WesternDigital G rpm - has all windows and programs installed HDD drive D Maxtor G rpm - only for files and storage HDD drive E Maxtor G rpm - only for files and storage motherboard is MSI X Platinum months ago HDD starts showing quot windows write failed quot though even if I was not working on this drive After various efforts I couldn t fix the problem so I unplugged the drive in order to be able to continue working thinking I could solve the problem later month ago the while working only with the drives the internal power supply w failed so we replaced it with a w and connected again the HDD to check if it was a problem caused by the power supply Everything seemed to work fine again Until days ago I get a blue checkdisk screen for drive E which while running it says that almost every sector from drive E is not readable I don t remember exactly the phrase it was displaying After that drive E HDD has disappeared from windows although it is connected on the motherboard Today I decided to take a look at this problem and as i check the bios first to see if drive E is detected from the BIOS I realize that neither maxtor drives are detected from the bios So bios detects only ONE drive the HDD with the windows installations and everything If I try to autodetect it finds only one more drive but with G space so I guess that this is the problematic HDD So I quit without saving in case I lose HDD as well and login XP In XP I can see drives HDD C amp HDD D It is working I can see files and folders I run Tune-Up utilities it is showing fine I cannot see of course HDD E Can this be possible For a drive not to be detected by Bios and still be visible and working in Windows Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed with it ps Meanwhile I have been facing many problems with the print spooler as not starting at all but I guess that this is a different issue and I will post another thread for this I am just mentioning it here in case someone sees some connection to the drives issue Thank you in advance for your time and help nbsp

A:HDD not detected by BIOS but visible and in windows

It could be possible that when the old power supply took a bite that it might have messed up the BIOS in the computer just a bit. I usually do not recommend doing this because it could be a bit dangerous if anything goes wrong during the update process like any power outages even just for a split second it will trash the BIOS flashing. If you have never done this before I would strongly suggest getting someone to help you that has experience at this type of procedure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-not-detected-by-bios-but-visible-and-in-windows.637239/
Relevancy 43.43%

When I open Windows Mail, the initial mail icon opens, and it shows running in the task manager. However the program itself does not show up on my screen.

I know it's running because I heard the beep I get when new email is downloaded.
Also my popup appeared that asked me if I wanted to open my junk folder. when I click yes, I still don't see anything.

So it's running but I can't see anything. I tried tabbing between folders to see if the program was minimized somewhere & it doesn't show up in windows tabs as being open
(I thought maybe I moved it off the screen somehow and just can't see it)

So basically I need to know how to be able to see windows mail again.

I ended the process in task manager.

I have my virus software firewall and email scans disabled

A:Windows Mail opening but not visible

Hello Cindy, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might check using the tutorial below to see if Windows Mail may be offscreen, and may be able to move it back to onscreen again.

Offscreen Window - Bring it back to desktop

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/288998-windows-mail-opening-but-not-visible.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm using 7057. Not sure when this problem started as I don't use CDs or DVDs that much. The drive works fine, ImgBurn works fine, all other programs seem to see the files on a disk fine, they just don't show up in Windows Explorer. I click on the drive in the "Navigation Pane" and nothing happens. I've tried two good DVD drives, uninstalled ImgBurn and PowerISO, still nothing. Sorry if this came up before, I searched first, really I did!

A:Contents of CD/DVD not visible in Windows Explorer

Nevermind, 7068 fixed it!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/5976-contents-cd-dvd-not-visible-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 43%

My wife s computer was recently infected with several viruses which caused task manager regedit and folder options to be contents xp drive windows hard visible not disabled I discovered a simple program to manually correct the problem since I could not use regedit windows xp hard drive contents not visible Unfortunately the computer still has a major problem and I have had no success finding a solution The hard drive has two partitions Both show the correct size and the space remaining properly However when you open either drive very few files are displayed I know the files are there because all of the installed programs work fine The option to show hidden files has been selected Using the DOS prompt and a simple DIR the files are still not visible However when using a antivirus program AVG and NOD all of the files are listed when a scan is performed I should also add that when you try to open the D partition you are given the option of which windows xp hard drive contents not visible program to select to open a file of unknown type MY DOCUMENTS does not have any problems as well I am totally stumped and would appreciate any guidance you may be able to provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-hard-drive-contents-not-visible.588921/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I was using windows 7 with 3 partitions and had made bitlocker ON to my 2 partitions.
Now after upgrading it to windows 8, my 2 drives (those with bitlocker) are not visible.

If i try to install Win 7 again then it is showing a single partition. I am afraid if i install Win 7 again, all my data in those 2 drives will be lost.

Please help me to get out of this.

Regards

A:Bitlocker drives/partitions are not visible in windows 8

Hello Bibin Babu, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you did not backup or print out the unique BitLocker recovery key for those the encrypted drives to be able to unlock and recover them with prior to upgrading to Windows 8, then I'm afraid you just permanently locked yourself out of those drives.

BitLocker Drive Encryption - Internal Data Hard Drives - Turn On or Off

BitLocker Drive Encryption - Unlock a Locked Data or Removable Drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/247629-bitlocker-drives-partitions-not-visible-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 43%

I know this is has been addressed before however the responses did not solve my issue I will include more detail about my issue in hopes of a better diagnoses I accidentally changed my external Data hard drive from NTFS to HFS when prompted while connecting via USB to a macbook Now I can no longer see the hard drive via USB or direct connection to my or BIOS hard drive My is windows visible to PC I took it out it s case and noticed it has an IDE connection for a motherboard that only has SATA connections I purchased an IDE to SATA Adapter and installed it into my computer nothing The BIOS and Windows still does not see this drive I am aware I have two separate issues In order to correct the file structure issue I have to gain access to My hard drive is visible to windows or BIOS the drive This is a Data drive not a boot drive of which I am trying to recover important data from HELP Information The hard drive powers up both in the external case and with the adapter OS Windows Professional x with all updates Mother My hard drive is visible to windows or BIOS Board ASRock G Extreme with latest bios AMD Phenom II X Black Edition BIOS BIOS is set to IDE mode Hard Drive Western Digital WD JB- GVA single or master pin setting Adapter ULTRA SATA to IDE Adapter ULT nbsp

A:My hard drive is visible to windows or BIOS

Did u try going to diske management? (Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Storage, Disk Management) I have had drives show up there that are not active and been able to format and make active.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hard-drive-is-visible-to-windows-or-bios.931875/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I use MS XP Professional SP Sometime back I tried opening MS Paint by clicking on its icon in the Start Menu However the program did not open I tried again but still no window of MS paint clickd again but still nuthing I chkd task manager and there were three instances of MSpaint running in process I terminated all three and thn tried starting it again But no luck Whenever I clicked on MSpaint icon windows Cannot tskmgr in visible programs, are they though some of view in Start Menu there was a new process of MSpaint in the task manager though no window could be seen I stopped and forgot bout it - days later when i opened Mspaint it opened normally Next time this happened was Cannot view windows of some programs, though they are visible in tskmgr with Techsmith SnagIT It didnt open and as usual there was a process of Cannot view windows of some programs, though they are visible in tskmgr snagit in the tskmgr Now recently I uninstalled Google Chrome and downloaded a fresh installation file from the site The Chrome installation file is a small file which when run downloads the installation files from net and then installs it similar to the yahoo msngr installer Now when I click on this Chrome Setup Installer no window but there is an instance of google chrome running in taskmgr along with instances of google update running along with it Thus Im not able to install chrome Why is this happening Is it some virus Why do sometimes I cant see window and the process is running in the task manager Please help Thnx for reading this nbsp

A:Cannot view windows of some programs, though they are visible in tskmgr

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-windows-of-some-programs-though-they-are-visible-in-tskmgr.813326/