Windows Support Forum

Network driver is listed as 'unknown device'

Q: Network driver is listed as 'unknown device'

I cannot currently get online through wifi or an eithernet cable. In my device manager one iteam is listed as an 'unknown device' and I believe it may be my network driver. Also I get a driver error when trying to connect to my wifi, but I am able to see my wifi and connect to it with my phone. I'm assuming I'll need some sort of driver download, but being as my older phone is the only way I can get in the internet right now it's been hard tracking down what I need. I own a NV57H20u laptop. If someone could link the download for me that would great. Or let me know what I should do instead. Also I've already ran the computer in safe mode with networking and AVG as well as Malwarebytes without any luck.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network driver is listed as 'unknown device'

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network driver is listed as 'unknown device'

On the unknown device in Device Manager, right click and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Please copy and paste the first line in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552827/network-driver-is-listed-as-unknown-device/
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46985-network-devices-listed-under-unknown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I am having a slight issue with my new setup appears to be driver-side Every time I restart my computer a window pops up stating Listed in Unknown Manager Devices Device that a driver could not be installed for quot IDE Unknown Devices Listed in Device Manager channel quot This box appears six times in which I have to close out There are six of these quot IDE channel quot devices listed under IDE ATA ATAPI controllers in the Device Manager w the little next to them When I go to install a driver for each of the devices I get quot driver is not intended for this platform quot or something like that I don t know what I should do because I m really not sure what I am looking at exactly Any help with this would be greatly appreciated Also I ve installed all the drivers for my motherboard graphics cards and sound card all of which work fine In the Device Manager I am also seeing two quot PCI device quot and a single quot Unknown quot device The only PCI card I have installed is the Sound Blaster and I installed the drivers for that it works fine No idea what the quot Unknown quot is New System Specs ASUS P N-E SLi mobo Intel Core Q Ghz OCZ PC DDR SLi RAM GB XFX GT XXX MB x IDE Western Digital HDDs x SATA Western Digital HDD not configured yet Windows XP Home Edition SP nbsp

A:Unknown Devices Listed in Device Manager

http://www.intrasection.com/pjmorr/2005/06/03/driver-is-not-intended-for-this-platform/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-devices-listed-in-device-manager.110204/
Relevancy 78.69%

I m really stuck so I d appreciate help if someone can give it I m working on someone s computer I should mention that I am doing this remotely amp I don t no Device USB listed no in unknown Manager, controller have another choice just now Due to no USB controller listed in Device Manager, no unknown a whole mess that with his computer we needed to do a full destructive installation of windows XP Pro SP Now here s the problem There were no USB devices listed in the device manager in windows after the new installation There also aren t any unknown devices There had been one for audio but I ve fixed that The computer is older amp the motherboard is a Microstar International MS- I went to their site i ve run their live update multiple times but it just isn t finding anything missing regarding usb controllers and I did the available updates for the motherboard They didn t seem related but i tried just in case No luck besides of course the audio working At this point I m really at a loss I feel like throwing the computer out the window except I can t even reach it to do that lol Any ideas Thanks for spending the time for anyone who read this I did also run belarc advisor If it would help ask amp i ll post it as long as that s ok on this board nbsp

A:no USB controller listed in Device Manager, no unknown

Have you actually plugged a usb device in???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-usb-controller-listed-in-device-manager-no-unknown.722808/
Relevancy 77.83%

Good day everyone I have T1710B-BN Device' listed 'Unknown LG as Flatron constantly an issue with the Touchscreen LCD listed in the title an LG monitor The problem is I plug in the device Win then tries to automatically install drivers I have a working internet connection it fails and asks for a reboot I reboot then it recognizes or LG Flatron T1710B-BN constantly listed as 'Unknown Device' doesn't recognize - i should say the display as an unknown device installs the driver for such a device successfully installs ready to use name unknown device and the touchscreen does not work LG Flatron T1710B-BN constantly listed as 'Unknown Device' The problem came up when the PC was turned off it is used in a caf for administration and such properly after a day of work without any issues The monitor has been used for years now without any errors The next morning it started being listed as an unknown device and I can not sort out the problem Things I tried -Plugging it out then back in -Turning it off and on again -Using another USB slot -I asked everyone who had access to the computer if they did anything they did not LG Flatron T1710B-BN constantly listed as 'Unknown Device' -I asked if they even plugged a USB flash drive in they did not -Installing the touchscreen driver from LG's site win never asked for it the automatically downloaded driver always worked up until now -Disabling the device removing the display's USB and VGA cable uninstalling drivers then plugging it in reinstalling everything -Disabling and uninstalling every USB root hub from device manager reinstalling every driver -Installing Microsoft FixIt running it -Running the Win HDD repair service I don't know the name of it sorry I'm using Win in another language - it is the application used to remove old windows install files and remove other unwanted files I ran it from the properties menu of an HDD -Running some software which deleted all USB data probably what I did in step manually -Manually trying to erase USB data and or history in the registry following some help found on the internet from other similar cases - they were all solved mine isn't -Reinstalling Windows ultimate x from scratch I formatted both HDs -Installing Windows x from scratch -Try plugging the touchscreen in another PC touchscreen is working properly the other PC is also an x Win -I updated the BIOS -Before the next step I basically tried everything I found on the internet probably doing useless things -I bought a new MoBo reinstalled Win x again Now that I confirmed that the motherboard is working fine and also I have an extra MoBo for sale now and the touchscreen does aswell I can hardly imagine this being a hardware issue Can the CPU cause such issues I don't want to buy a CPU just to then put it inside a drawer I don't even know what my question is Is there anyone who had any similar problems Is there something I didn't try After installing reinstalling ultimately formatting times and replacing the MoBo I am completely out of ideas Specs Display LG Flatron T B-BN CPU AMD FX- GHz AM BOX MB ASUS M A L-M LX RAM just in case KINGSTON GB DDR MHz CL KVR N S OS Windows ultimate x It is basically used as an office PC It is also different from what I have in my profile as it is not directly mine Other USB devices seem to be working fine keyboards mice printers and a WiFi adapter all on USB all working - not at the same time obviously

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/378811-lg-flatron-t1710b-bn-constantly-listed-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Possible solution:
Make a linux usb live disk. e.g. use Rufus to make an ubuntu usb install disk.
Change bios boot order to boot from linux live disk.
When linux is booted up, open up the built in browser, and go to a webcam testing website on google to turn on the webcam. After you see that the webcam works, reboot back into Windows, and Windows might reinitiate and reinstall the webcam driver to get the webcam working again.
Problem:
Laptop built in webcam suddenly listed as unknown device in device manager. Uninstall, reboot, detect hardware, does not work, and device remains as "unknown device" in dev manager. Driver update fails, as there are no drivers available from manufacturer or microsoft.
Basically every possible troubleshooting method short of OS reinstallation fails.
(recently my asus k53ta laptop webcam suffered this issue. Posting this here for search engine results)

A:Webcam suddenly doesn't work, listed as unknown device.

Most likely there is a malware &or virus that took control of your webcam &or others.

Recommend to go to SuperAntiSpyware.com to download the free version.
Run the scan by selecting "Scan this computer" and do a "quick scan".
If not resolve, do a full scan.

-----------------------------------
Beware, someone is watch you live.
(Just a joke, hahaha...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398679-webcam-suddenly-doesnt-work-listed-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have updated my bios ,update came out last month, and still under the device manager it shows "unknown device". The BIOS recognizes it and the Sytem under Control Panel recognizes it. Anyone with the same issue? I don't have any performance problems and didn't even with the old bios. I attached a screenshot.

A:Q9650 Intel Quad Core listed as unknown device?

I have looked on the net and this seems to be a fairly common problem. One suggestion that came up few times that seemed to work was to uninstall the unknown devices in Device Manager and then run a refresh or reboot.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/192755-q9650-intel-quad-core-listed-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys I Recently had Windows installed on one of my computers but the computer isn t very good so I downgraded back to windows xp sp My problem is after Windows Xp installs on this computer it doesn t detect my network device HELP! device in manager, network listed No What I No network device listed in manager, HELP! mean by this is there is no network tab or anything listed in the device manager My ethernet is built into my mboard which is an EVGA nf I ve tried No network device listed in manager, HELP! installing all No network device listed in manager, HELP! sorts of drivers and combinations of the such and nothing seems to work The internet worked fine prior to installed xp and has had xp before without this problem Also in the device manager there are x devices that are listed with yellow exclamation marks beside them that I am unsure what they are -PCI device -other pci bridge device -sm bus controller I previously had another computer with this same exact problem that I couldn t fix as well the only way I could fix it was to install windows Please help guys I really need this to work nbsp

A:No network device listed in manager, HELP!

Have you downloaded and installed the Chipset Driverss?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-device-listed-in-manager-help.978547/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have been using my flash drive until about two weeks ago when now they are recognized as flash drives. When I look at the device manager, is says they are "unknown device". What can start this and what is the fix?

A:USB Drive listed as "unknown device"

The drivers could have become corrupt...try reinstalling the drivers for that FLASH Drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-drive-listed-as-unknown-device.879266/
Relevancy 67.94%

i really need some help. i went to hp/compaq website and and downloaded the chipset and graphic drivers and still these drivers remain uninstall-ed in the device manager. I have been reading everything about these boards and i have not found a solution yet! This is a fresh install of xp pro 32, sp3. if anyone out there can help me please do. I greatly need the assistance!

A:I Need Unknown device driver and ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series driver on SR2011WM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-unknown-device-driver-and-ati-radeon-xpress-200-series-driver-on-sr2011wm.994869/
Relevancy 65.36%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 64.93%

When I go to start>devices&printers I get the following:

which shows that my PC requires troubleshooting. When I do trouble shooting I get the following:

But it doesn't tell me what the "Unknown" device is. So I go to Device Manager and I get this:

Still doesn't tell me what the unknown device is. All I have is a MS mouse and an external HD both of which I have had for 4 years.

How do I find out what the Unknown Device is so I can look for the driver the machine requests?
Thanks in advance to one and all.

A:No driver for unknown device

In Device Manager right click the unknown device-properties-Details
Select Hardware Ids, right click and copy, and google what comes up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/371381-no-driver-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 64.93%

i cannot find drivers for this unkown deviceHardware IDs IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_1E31&REV_0004&SID_218F103CIUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_1E31&REV_0004IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_1E31   Anyone pls help

A:unknown device driver

Hi, Please try:             http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_121946_1&sp4ts.oid=5405424 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/unknown-device-driver/td-p/5800184
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Could someone please help me locate the driver for the following unknown device on a HP ProBook 430 G3?  It's listed as a Multimedia  Audio Controller. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&SUBSYS_80FF103C&REV_21PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&SUBSYS_80FF103CPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&CC_040100PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&CC_0401 ThanksPhil

A:Unknown Device - Looking for Driver

Hi, Phil: It is part of the Conexant HD audio system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72909.html ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72909.exe If the above driver does not automatically install that device, go to the device manager, and click on the multimedia audio controller needing the driver. Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file. That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp72909.  Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.  Then reboot the PC. The driver setup information file for the hardware ID you posted is included within the driver package. [Intel.NTAMD64.6.2]%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&CC_0401 ; SPT-LP%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D71&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D72&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D73&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D74&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D75&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D76&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D77&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D71&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D72&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D73&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D74&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D75&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D76&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D77&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A170&CC_0401 ; SPT-H%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A171&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A172&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A173&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A174&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A175&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A176&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A177&CC_0401%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A170&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A171&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A172&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A173&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A174&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A175&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A176&CC_040380%IntcAudioBus.DeviceDesc% = IntcAudioBus, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A177&CC_040380

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Unknown-Device-Looking-for-Driver/td-p/5446055
Relevancy 64.93%

i need unknown device driver. unknown device driver ids: ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_6001ACPI\HPQ6001*HPQ6001

Solved!
View Solution.

A:i need unknown device driver

Hi, Should be the wireless button driver on the following link. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74735.exe Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-need-unknown-device-driver/td-p/5767998
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I can't seem to find the device drivers for the following hardware ID ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004ACPI\HPQ0004*HPQ0004 Any help is appreciated.

A:Unknown Device Driver

Try this one:http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7609954&swItemId=ob_150891_1&swEnvOid=419...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unknown-Device-Driver/td-p/5642608
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,on my notebook, in device manager, under other devices, write unknown device, four devices.  How to install driver ?Thank you on help !! unknown devices: ROOT\NET\0000 ROOT\NET\0001 ROOT\NET\0002 ROOT\MEDIA\0000 

A:Unknown Device and Driver Not Available

Hi: See if right clicking on each device in the device manager, select uninstall and then click scan for hardware changes at the top of the device manager window, takes care of the problem.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unknown-Device-and-Driver-Not-Available/td-p/5803453
Relevancy 64.93%

hey guys my computer keeps randomly restarting and when i send in the error report after restarting it says in the description that it was caused by an unknown device driver and i cant figure out y its saying that all my drivers for everything are installed perfectly as to my knowledge. Please help

A:Unknown device driver

hi..

hmm.. have you tried a system restore? try to restore back as far as you can go and see if this helps.. other than that i would say a fresh install of all drivers would be the best thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-driver.51075/
Relevancy 64.93%

I had to reload my Windows 10 due to a file corruption issue.  When I restarted I got the error that my audio device driver could not be found.  Where do I find the driver for ACPI\808622A8\1?

A:Unknown Device Driver

Hi, Please try the following driver first:             http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69001-69500/sp69248.exe otherwise, please try:           https://drivers.windows10download.com/w10-intel-sst-audio-device-wdm-driver-604-10154-1010-4947-for-... Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Unknown-Device-Driver/td-p/5824071
Relevancy 64.93%

Have two HP Envy 15 x 360 PC 64-bit laptops.  On both computers we find an ?Unknown device? under ?Other devices? in Device Manager. We Uninstall it, but eventually it returns. Under Properties: General tab: ?The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.? However, it fails to find a driver. Details tab: Has different ?Value? entries, depending on the ?Property? selected. Sample posting to the Events tab/Information section: ?Driver Management concluded the process to install driver nettap60.inf_amd64_bec9f85489d74657\nettap60.inf for Device Instance ID ROOT\NET\0000 with the following status: 0x0.? The hardware Id Value is root\NetTap6 Any idea what this unknown driver is?Thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Unknown Device and Driver Not Available

Official Solution: 1. Search for sp723202. Move this folder to the following directory In File Explorer, path C:\ProgramData\Package3. Right click the 'Unknown Device' (Hardware ID  root\NetTap6) in device manager, select update driver software.4. Select Browse my computer for driver software.5. In the file path copy this directory path C:\ProgramData\Package  This should allow you install the Intel Technology Access TAP driver, which is what the unknown device is. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unknown-Device-and-Driver-Not-Available/td-p/5305619
Relevancy 64.5%

So, I was working in a digital audio workstation while in a Skype call with my friend, and all of the sudden the PC just freezes. I tried to speak, but he couldn't hear me. So, I figured that an audio driver installed with the DAW might've contributed to the problem. I went to the Device Manager and saw two unknown devices in the "Other" category. Yet, I don't know what they are. There's really not so many details or information about the two drivers. There's no manufacturer names, descriptions on what they do, and even more suspiciously, they aren't digitally signed. However, there is interesting values they're set as.  One is ROOT\MEDIA\0001, and the other one is ROOT\MEDIA\0002.  In addition, they don't have the necessary drivers, as I googled "Error 28". In addition, I think these drivers are the culprit of my OS malfunctioning.

~Techy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unknown-Driver-In-Device-Manager/td-p/5659095
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I got a new PC last week and have driver error/XP device Unknown been putting all my software and hardware on it little by little every day I havent been using the PC a lot though other than to get it all up and running It has Windows XP Anyway for the past days in a row I started to use it and when I would leave it running and be away from the desk for a few hours I would come back to find Unknown device driver error/XP a message that Windows has experianced a serious error and do I want to report it to Microsoft So I do of course And the error info I get is that it is an unknown device driver How can I find out whats causing this I ran Windows Update and updated ALL Unknown device driver error/XP the critical updates and driver updates I also thought it could be the system standby mode since it seems to be happening when the PC has been idle for long periods Is there a known problem with standby affecting device drivers I have no idea where to begin on this I am new to XP Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Device' Please Cannot 'Unknown Find Driver Help X Slightly old not that old I recently was offered an free upgrade to Windows but after installing the Windows my mouse keeps shutting down sometimes and when I go into device manager there is a driver missing called 'Unknown Device' Cannot Find Driver Please Help Unknown Driver I tried Google to find Unknown driver for the thinkpad but nothing worked and mouse pad is getting pretty annoying now I might just go back to If I cannot get this fixed I tried many driver installers but all of them just ask for money the only one that gave me some light was cobra software driver pack but when I press scan and then it finds the unknown device and lists it as something IR device and then it just says page not found I just gave up This is which driver software I downloaded http www filesmag com download-full-cobra-driver-pack- -iso-free html I would appreciate any help if someone can find me that driver I also emailed Lenovo but got no response from them it s been hours now Thanks in Advance Note Admins I m new to this forum so if any errors please warn me or forgive me nbsp

A:'Unknown Device' Cannot Find Driver Please Help

Does Lenovo provide Windows 10 drivers for your PC?

From an etaf (Wayne) post:

How to identify hardware in Device Manager

right click on the device with a yellow!

from the menu choose
properties
Click on the Details Tab
Under the Property - drop down
Select hardware ids
Right click and select all
Then right click again and select copy
Copy and paste that information here

You should see a code similar to this

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008A&SUBSYS_53058086&REV_34

please reply with the full code for your device(s)

The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008A&SUBSYS_53058086&REV_34

Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 008A

Post back those two numbers make sure we know which is vendor ID and which is device ID

These codes can be looked up at this site http://www.pcidatabase.com/

As an example the link for that database tells us that;
Vendor ID code 8086 is for this vendor - Intel Corporation
Device ID code 008A is for this device - Intel Centrino Wireless-N1030
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-cannot-find-driver-please-help.1163777/
Relevancy 64.5%

My laptop has been misbehaving lately (taking a long time to startup and to shut down), and yesterday, I came home to one of those blue screen messages saying the computer had to shut down, and in the analysis it lists the cause as "Unknown device driver" To my knowledge, I haven't installed anything suspect lately. Any ideas as to how I can identify this driver?

Thanks!

A:Unknown Device Driver causes crash

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Unknown-Device-Identifier.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-driver-causes-crash.491129/
Relevancy 64.5%

This is my set up

2gig DDR2 Gskill Ram
Nvidia's GeForce 7950 GT graphics card
AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
Windows XP sp3

I did a reformat 2 times yesterday and i still have this error. When i boot up it says New device found, type Unknown and cannot locate the drivers. so i went to RUN typed msinfo32 went to components- problem devices and this is what i see.
Device= Unavailable
PNP Device ID= ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0

I have tried and downloaded a few asus files that i thought had the driver in it but i guess i was wrong.

A:Unknown device can not find driver Win XP SP3

Found this on the Asus forum: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...M&id=20090518232136393&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-can-not-find-driver-win-xp-sp3.180189/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey,

Running XP Home SP2. Been rock solid for the last couple years until just recently. Not a novice user, but never experienced an unknown device driver BSOD. Haven't installed any hardware recently. Did a fair amount of research (mostly here, thank you guys), but after running dumpchk and pstat I still can't match it up. Seen very similar problems, but not close enough.

I'll attach the last three minidump and a pstat txt files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*edit* Won't upload the pstat txt file. Using Opera, it just keeps saying it's uploading. Size limit? Only limitations I see are the filetypes. */edit*

I'll check back here of course, but I'll also include an email address. Eager to know more about this. Thank you for any help.

kjhauser [amphora} hotmail

A:BSOD - Unknown Device Driver

This is probably a silly question, but have you scanned your drive recently? (had to make sure).
Also, does device manager show anything out of the ordinary?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-unknown-device-driver.34383/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a sony vaio vgn-ns140e laptop which had no problem with using motion eye built in web cam until now. Not sure why...I can see the camera in device manager but there is a unknown device 5U875 that I'm not sure what it is but can only assume it has something to do with my camera no longer working. I've searched all over including sony site for a fix and found nothing. I'm running windows 7 64 bit ultimate. Camera shows in device manager but any application that I try to use it in theres just a black screen. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Unknown device 5U875 driver help please

See if there are any drivers here that fix anything.
Sony eSupport - VGN-NS140E - Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/247235-unknown-device-5u875-driver-help-please.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I finished reinstalling windows in a dell laptop D830. I installed all of the necessary drivers except this "USB Device" that I dont know what it is. It only appears when I turn on the wireless on. Also I don't know if this is connected but I cant connect wirelessly.

Thanks for any help.

-Never mind. I found the driver I needed. Incase anyone has this problem it was the a bluetooth driver in network 4th from the bottom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-usb-device-driver.731046/
Relevancy 64.5%

So recently I've been receiving driver issues with my PC. I'd be working in FL Studio 12 while in a Skype call with my friends, then all of the sudden the whole entire PC freezes. So, to get a better idea on what's going on I went to the Device Manager, since I figured it might be a driver malfunction. I spot under "Other Devices" some suspicious looking drivers that I do not recognize. I think it might be an ASIO Audio driver that was installed with FL Studio 12, but I am not sure. Here is some more details:  This is details and value of the drivers.--This is general information about the drivers.  In addition, these drivers aren't digitally signed. There's no dates on when it was signed, and the signer is unknown. 

~Techy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unknown-Driver-In-Device-Manager/td-p/5658682
Relevancy 64.5%

I was just browsing around in "Devices and Printers" and I noticed that their was an "!" on my computer and I right clicked and clicked troubleshoot and then I got this screen. When I proceed its that Toshiba Utility. I've tried installing it and it doesn't fix it. Their are no drivers missing in the device manager. Its not a big deal but im ocd and it irritates me, lol. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guys hope you all are fine I have an old HP DV Laptop but since I installed Windows on it there is a driver called Unknown device in my device manager I googled a lot for unknown device driver for HP D but cannot find It I had Windows Vista on it previously found help! Cannot please Driver be Device Unknown and did not have this driver missing My laptop is also compatible with the Windows and meets the requirements but still can t figure this driver out even the webcam is working It does not affect my laptops performance or anything it is just in my head that I need to fix that missing driver I installed Driver pack solution online and in Driver pack it finds the driver but when I press download it says error not found I would appreciate a lot if someone can help me in solving this issue Thanks in advance Note I am Unknown Device Driver Cannot be found please help! new to Unknown Device Driver Cannot be found please help! this forum and this is my first post so admin if any mistakes forgive me This is from where I got the driver installing software driver pack http www filesmag com driverpack-solution- -drp- -free html

A:Unknown Device Driver Cannot be found please help!

The "Unknown device" is probably the laptop's IR Receiver. IR is a relatively niche tech that isn't used very often when it comes to laptop communication. Even in it's heyday it was a pain in the *censored*.Also, "Driver search" Style software is useless at best.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153532.0.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-350 Processor, AMD64 Family 20 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3689 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 286925 MB, Free - 235311 MB; D: Total - 14054 MB, Free - 1532 MB; E: Total - 4055 MB, Free - 5 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1611
Antivirus: None

My computer(in devices and printers) states it needs troubleshooting, so I ran troubleshooting program. Outcome: stated "unknown device needs driver," and asked if I wanted to "fix this problem." I hit enter (to fix the problem), but--after three tries--still get error messages that "driver was not successfully installed." What steps would you recommend to remedy this problem? Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you so much!

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there,

i get an error which is with an attachment xps file, so any solution to solve this problem, thanks in advance:
------->"Unknown device doesn't have a driver "<--------------------
------->"There is no driver installed for Unknown device."<--------------------
Device information:
ID: ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABA3FF&2
Error code: 28

A:Unknown device doesn't have a driver

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Can you please Post your System Specs ..

The Link below will help you achieve this ...
System Info - See Your System Specs
If you have a Toshiba Computer post the exact Model Number ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/345353-unknown-device-doesnt-have-driver.html
Relevancy 64.5%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

On a fresh clean Windows 8 image, my software driver (signed) installs fine and shows up properly in the Device Manager. However once i uninstall it , subsequent reinstalls show up as 'Unknown Device' in the Device Manager.

From the device details, I find that it refers to /looks for the .inf file in c:\windows\inf folder but the file itself is missing from the location. The FileRepository has all the required files. But trying to update from there also fails.

Could anyone help me with troubleshooting this problem. What could be going wrong.

Thx,
Gita

A:Device manager shows "Unknown Device" on reinstallation of driver

Please fill your system specs to get help efficiently.
What is your computer make/model?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9796-device-manager-shows-unknown-device-reinstallation-driver.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Curious. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the HomeGroup feature in Win 7. When I select the option to view "Network Computers and Devices," I notice an unknown router? How/ why would a router that isn't part of my homegroup be listed as a device on the group?

Please help and advise!

M8

A:Unknown Network Device

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

You did not specify if this computer is a desktop or laptop computer.

If you could also post the make and model number of this computer that would also be helpful.

How are you connecting to the Internet? Are you using an Ethernet cable, or wireless?

If you have a laptop, there is a chance someone connected to the Internet by connecting through a wireless router and those settings were saved to the home group.

Once you post back the information I requested, it will be a little easier to answer your questions.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346570/unknown-network-device/
Relevancy 64.07%

i have windows 7 ultimate, and when i go to the network area to see the other two computers i have at home that are in the same workgroup i see a device in the network infrastructure area that says DGN2000, i have no clue what it is (actually i searched google for DGN2000 and the results said something about a router with builtin dsl modem, but i don't have that, i have a belkin wireless router hooked into my speedstream 4100 for my SBC (now att) internet) so the question is WTF is that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-network-device.918999/
Relevancy 64.07%

Since i got sky broadband it's always been running super slow, the amount of times i have called them is ridiculous.
So i have just been looking around on the sky address to see if i can fix it and in my Attached devices i have, the pc, an ipod touch and an unknown device. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the slow speeds and maybe it's somehow 'stealing' my broadband.
I've read a previous post of the same type but that wasnt for sky.
i ran the ipconfig/all into CMD so if you think you might be able to help ill show the results.
Thanks, Dan

A:Unknown device in my Network: please help!!

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Are you using encryption on your wireless access point? If not, you should be, preferably WPA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-in-my-network-please-help.975684/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi!
im new 2dis forum.
i hav a hp dv6 laptop wid following config:
amd turion X2 processor
4gb ram
windows 7 ultimate 64bit os.

for 3days i get error messages telling that my base system drivers,std enhanced pci to host usb host controllers n my usb hubs are unknown devices..
cos of it none of my usb ports are working.
also my laptop has become very slow n gets stuck..are these two related?

please help........

A:Hp dv6 usb device and base system driver unknown

have you got windows updates on, and tried right clicking in hardware manager and selecting update driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/124414-hp-dv6-usb-device-base-system-driver-unknown.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have been having this to crash causing pc Unknown device driver recurring problem for quite some time now Every once in a while my computer will just restart Unknown device driver causing pc to crash itself and come back with an error message saying Windows has recovered from a serious error As it restarts it goes to a black screen not a blue screen and in the center it says quot No Signal quot which is highlighted in blue That is just normal for shutting off or restarting the computer though Should I change it so it doesn t restart on system or failure to see if I will get a BSOD To me this seems like some sort of power supply problem or something Anyway here are the messages I receive when it goes back on those are each one came from a link on a different one like where it says click here Here is the Microsoft Online Crash Analysis Error caused by a device driver Thank you for sending an error report to Microsoft Error report summary Error type Windows stop error A message appears on a blue screen with error code information Solution available No see Next steps What does this error mean Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart Cause Unknown device driver Computer symptoms A message appears on a blue screen with error code information for example e g x E KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Additional steps for you to take Important Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible Information about this error You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly This type of error is referred to as a quot stop error quot A stop error requires you to restart your computer Next steps We have analyzed your error report and at this time are unable to determine the exact cause of the error However Microsoft will continue to analyze this error report to try to determine the specific cause of the error If we are able to find the cause and correct it and you encounter the same problem you will receive an updated response that includes instructions for resolving the problem Click to expand it says it is a stop error with the BSOD but I never got the BSOD Anyway I guess my question is just if anyone has any steps as to how can I solve this I tried going to my device manager to see if any devices aren t working properly but they all are working and I don t have any that are unknown nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all I m using an ASUS laptop X E series running Win sp I use an Acer quot external monitor and do not have the laptop driver Solved: Device missing is Unknown a monitor on I noticed an error msg this a m indicating that an Unknown Device is missing a driver I searched in quot Unknown Device Properties quot -- quot Details quot -- quot Property quot -- quot Device Instance Path quot -- quot Value quot to figure out what device is being detected The Value is ROOT Solved: Unknown Device is missing a driver DISPLAY FSVIDMIR I haven t found anything by searching Google Bing or Tech Support Guy This quot unknown device quot was installed six days ago on I did change the monitor connection from HDMI to a VGA pin cord but that happened yesterday not six days ago I should also mention that I connected my Samsung Galaxy to a USB port which screwed up my system I don t remember any of the details but that was well before I cannot open TSG SysInfo or I would have included it in this message Any ideas direction etc Thanks in advance Larry K nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have been dabbling with a very weird problem since a month back I can not find a solution to it and it is playing with my laptop ever since I have acer aspire running vista home premium My problem started when window requested to download device driver a Can as for a unknown virus hiding be and install a driver without indicating the type or the location I gave the ok and as soon as download started my Bitdefender total security interceded and blocked the download this was the first and the last time BD reacted to repeated request and without permission from Can a virus be hiding as a driver for unknown device me or user account control the download and installation proceeded Despite the notice popped up by window saying the driver could not be installed due to lack or resource etc When I looked at Device manager I saw in the network adapter an entry to unknown device I looked at the driver property and it seems to be unknown in name manufacture and without reference to files for location however under details it was listed as sw BDFNDISFMP and looking for under device instant path it show as Root sw BDfndisfmp The number changes to or every time the darn thing is downloaded without even knowing about it This only happen just after starting window When this happens vista becomes very slow to launch any programs or files and at times window explorer freezes It will take like minutes before system improves a little for me to access Device Manager to uninstall the darn thing and sometime it takes several attempts to get it off I am lost and can not tell whether it is a malfunction of hardware or a virus I have run BD malwarebytes and trojan remover but no virus was detected I used hjthis but could not tell any thing wrong I am not a computer wizard and please I need help

A:Can a virus be hiding as a driver for unknown device

sw_BDfndisfmp seems to be related to bitdefender firewallhttp://forums.techguy.org/all-other-softwa...a-internet.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309595/can-a-virus-be-hiding-as-a-driver-for-unknown-device/
Relevancy 63.64%

On an athlon 1900 + xp, could overheating of the cpu, which causes the computer to re-boot, give me an "unknown device driver" error message on re-boot? I have checked and re-checked every driver and can't find an issue there. I have ordered a heavy duty cpu cooler to see if that helps.

Relevancy 63.64%

After my computer reboots I get this link for help, but I have no idea how to interpret it.

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=12217722-9948-42ef-8e43-cf373adc175f&SID=10

Relevancy 63.64%

After formatting my PC for some reason my wifi usb adapter TP-Link TL-WN G stopped working After days trying to fix it I decided to post here to get some tips So far I tried reformatting my PC uninstalling all usb ports and reinstalling them and even installing new Unknown installation during driver Device problem ones yeah i but a - double usb port card the problem persists All the info i have so far are -TP-Link TL-WN G TL-WN G my Toshiba external Hard drive and my Samsung phone are all Unknown Devices -When I try to manually install the drivers I get the quot the folder you specified doesn t contain a compatible software driver for your Unknown Device problem during driver installation device quot error -My mouse is not working corectly when connected to these ports My PC specs are CPU Intel R Core TM CPU GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Unknown Device problem during driver installation INC P N-E SLI bios Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG GB RAM GPU NVIDIA GeForce GS OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate Unknown Device problem during driver installation -bit BTW my device manager is like this at the moment Please help me nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I am by no means an expert but I am the kind of person that likes to explore all my own options before seeking help Now is the Driver by Unknown Error caused Device time I ask for it lol About a month ago I started getting BSOD s and random constant reboots The Error caused by Unknown Device Driver BSOD would say IRQL Not less than equal but with no program or filename The Error reports would say either quot Error caused by Unknow Device Driver quot OR AND quot Error caused by Video Adapter Driver quot Now I have tried reformatting a lot I have installed new drivers for my monitor mouse everything I can get hold of I tried to install new drivers for my graphics card but that didnt help so i bought a newer model and still no cigar This is my system specs Operating System System Model Windows XP Professional Service Pack build Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon XP kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board Gigabyte Technology Co LTD DXR x Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space PHILIPS DVD CD-ROM drive PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD- CD-ROM drive TEAC FD- PUW USB Device Floppy drive MDT MD AB- DBA Hard drive GB -- drive Megabytes Installed Memory Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon Zaush admin local system accounts Administrator never admin Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never DISABLED Marks a disabled account LOCKED OUT Marks a locked account None detected Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce FX Display adapter AOC V Monitor quot vis December Bus Adapters Multimedia ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller x VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller x Creative AudioPCI ES ES WDM Game Port for Creative Communications Other Devices Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address BF A Networking Dns Server USB Human Interface Device Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard A Tech USB Port Mouse TEAC USB Floppy USB Root Hub x Virus Protection Back to Top Norton AntiVirus Version Virus Definitions Version Rev Realtime File Scanning On Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes Back to Top All required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary have been installed Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Back to Top Internet Explorer SP passed verification KB -IE - on details Internet Explorer no verification data SP SP Windows Media Player SP passed verification KB on details Windows Media Player SP passed verification KB on details Windows XP SP no verification data KB SP on details SP passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details Windows XP SP continued passed verification KB on details passed verification KB V on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verification KB on details passed verificati... Read more

A:Error caused by Unknown Device Driver

I was going to quote your question, but it's to long...

Random reboots or Blue screens are a sign that something is wrong as you have reinstalled and changed what you thought was the problem, the video card, then your fault lies elsewhere.

Try removing one of the memory sticks, they can cause errors if one is faulty, if the error occurs, try the other stick, also look at temperature of the board, is the CPU running to hot, is there sufficient cooling for the board, etc.

Remove all items except the video card and 1 stick of memory and work upwards until you get the reboot, as you have changed the video card you know it's not this, unless the motherboard has a fault somewhere in the AGP controller.

Jud

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-caused-by-unknown-device-driver.45861/
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently upgraded to the BT Home hub, which after reading several forum posts about it was a bad decision.

I have now installed this and connected my PC (via USB) and XBOX360 (via ethernet) to the Home hub, l and although I have to wait for my line to be optimized, everything seems to be working well.

However, when I check on y network status, using the BT Broadband Desktop help utility, it shows I have an UNKNOWN DEVICE connected to the router along side my PC and XBOX360.

I have tried to obtain assistance from BT themselves but they simply told me to ignore the unknown device, as it will not cause any harm!!!!

Does anyone know how I might find out what this is or remove it from my network?

Thanks.

Relevancy 63.21%

First of all hello people, now to my problem .

On my network i have an unknown device, i am using a thomson speed touch router and he detects it as shown below.

I tried removing it from the admin panel but it keeps comming back. Can someone tell me what that is and should i worry about that, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 63.21%

I get this message every time i login ,im not sure what device windows would be referring to. This is a new message iv been receiving ,i cant recall any new devices that i know of.

A:Windows needs to install driver software for your unknown device?

go to control panel
system
device mgr
look for a yellow mark..see if it has a desription of the device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-needs-to-install-driver-software-for-your-unknown-device.900664/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi.  I want to Know what are these device name so i can download driver for them. : Unknow device 1.  ACPI\HPQ6007\3&11583659&1 2.  ACPI\INT33A0\0

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Any driver for Unknown Device in Windows 10 : ACPI\HPQ6007\3...

Hi: You need these drivers for those devices... 6007: This package provides HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object. File name: sp71811.exe INT33A0: This package provides the Intel Smart Connect Technology driver forsupported notebook models running a supported operating system. TheIntel Smart Connect Technology driver enables the system to resumefrom sleep mode and update supported web applications such asemail. The system enters sleep after the update is completed. File name: sp65233.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Any-driver-for-Unknown-Device-in-Windows-10-ACPI-HPQ6007-3/td-p/5390424
Relevancy 63.21%

hi,I installed a new hd on my dell latitude e5420 laptop today and installed a fresh copy of win 7 pro 64.
I got all my windows updates and then began instaling drivers from the dell site.
but i have two messages : driver not installed on universal serial bus(usb)controller and
driver not installed on unknown device.
the chipset driver has been installed and I can't figure out how to find and install these two drivers.
Any help appreciated.

A:missing universal serial bus driver and unknown device

You missed one, download them all again and go one by one.

If you're able to extract the actual Driver files directly then just naviate to it from the Device Manager and update.

Things like these are tricky at times and require lots of manual work. Create one folder with all the drivers and start opening them one by one. Then move them over to another fold once you're finishied.

I like to download them and name them what they actually are. Makes it easier to track.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564881/missing-universal-serial-bus-driver-and-unknown-device/
Relevancy 63.21%

Just bought a Satellite M50D-A-10L and after 1 week, the HDD failed. Of course, I had to replace it on my expenses, because warranty would do so in about 2 weeks, which was too long to wait for me.
Anyway, I've lost also the preinstalled Windows 8.1 but that's not a tragedy, because I reinstalled it and everything is working fine.
The problem I have I that one of the drivers is unrecognized by "Device Manager". The device is named "Device ACPI". Any idea what missing driver is all about?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

PS: Not sure how to attach a screenshot of "Device Manager" with missing driver...

A:Satellite M50D-A-10L - missing driver for unknown device

Have you tried to identify unknown device using vendor and device identification?
http://www.pcidatabase.com/

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78303-Satellite-M50D-A-10L-missing-driver-for-unknown-device
Relevancy 63.21%

I have found a missing driver usb\vid_138A&PID_0090 in device manager . i have installed fringer print and usb driver for T460 p still issue presist.kindly help on this.  

missing driver.PNG ?37 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T460p-driver-for-unknown-device-usb-vid-138A-amp-PID-0090/td-p/3369709
Relevancy 63.21%

Greetings once again This morning new-unknown USB Finding Detective driver work: a device after happily running my Windows Enterprise Computer for months I was greeted with an quot Installing Device Driver quot followed by a quot Device driver software was not successfully installed quot Upon checking for more info it turns out to be an unknown USB device Now what is interesting is that I have added nothing to the machine no new hardware at all requiring any new installation Coincidentally I don t know if this has anything to do with anything but also this morning the Detective work: Finding a new-unknown USB device driver DVI side of my dual screen setup wouldn t come on This may be totally coincidence I suspect it is but it is odd that both of these things occurred at the same moment I fixed that DVI situation Still the unknown device appears I am wondering if Windows rebooted my system last night I keep the unit on at night to run backups My question is Is there an easy way to identify which USB device is causing the problem I have uninstalled the device unplugged the USB s and re-booted but it always re-appears indicating the device is still plugged in So I am looking for some detective work Is there anyway to identify which USB devices are up and working collectively Any help would be appreciated Pradhan nbsp

A:Detective work: Finding a new-unknown USB device driver

Hi<I might take a look at device manager,taking a look at the "unknown entry" probably in the usb section.On that entry look at the details tab. There perhaps you will see some identifying info(pc\ven #'s.
Write them down and then go to this site and enter that info.Might give you a clue as to what the device really is and or the vendor.
http://www.pcidatabase.com/,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/detective-work-finding-a-new-unknown-usb-device-driver.992516/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I'm updating a Probook 4740s to windows 10, but I can't find the driver for an unknown device : USB\VID_138A&PID_003D\0030EACE788E Can anyone help me?

A:Driver for unknown device (Probook 4740s WIN10)

Please try the driver from the following weblink:https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/l67y47a0.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Driver-for-unknown-device-Probook-4740s-WIN10/td-p/5783118
Relevancy 63.21%

i am using windows 7 ultimate n 32 bit in my hp dv6000 laptop. all drivers are working fine, but still there is an uninstalled driver shown for unknown device code 28.
Please help me in this regard.
Thanks

A:hp dv6000 code 28 unknown device driver issue

I suspect your chipset driver, but no matter. At the HP driver site, download the Vista drivers. HP doesn't list drivers for Win7, but the Vista ones should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/140199-hp-dv6000-code-28-unknown-device-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Windows 7 installed for almost two years. No new hardware installed. In last few days get message above when I turn on the computer at beginning of day. Looking in list of devices shows only Unknown device with no description. Nothing seems to be malfunctioning. Where should I look to fix whatever is generating the message?

Thanks, Bob

A:Msg: Fail to find and install unknown device driver

If the Computer is working fine then it is best to disable the pesky device that keeps asking for the driver in the Device Manager.

After that open the Device Manager (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System) and send its screen-shot with the unknown device expanded to help in determining what this device is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/235478-msg-fail-find-install-unknown-device-driver.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen A friend Network Installs as Unknown Device Adapter from work brought his computer to my attention because in the past I ve been able to help a few other coworkers However this gentleman is running WIndows XP Media Center edition His Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device label states that there is an internal card of WM abg This computer is a Gateway I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device know I know mx Here s what I ve been able to find so far The network card worked at some point Whether he messed with the settings and screwed something up or whatever that has changed I checked the device manager and found that both the ethernet port and the wireless were installed to unknown devices I surfed over to driver support on gateway for his model of computer I tried to update the drivers with no success I then uninstalled the original drivers restarted the computer and found that windows would try to install the driver on its own unsuccessfully every time I knew at that point windows had to be finding its own drivers somewhere on the computer and if they weren t working I needed to stop this behavior I cleared the temp files cleared the obvious cabs from previous misintallations and then manually deleted the drivers related to the network card and restarted At that point I was able to install the gateway drivers however the same behavior occurs where the network card continues to fall into unknown drivers Now I figured this morning maybe some of the unknown drivers that aren t network-related need to be installed properly in order for the network card to be functional I m losing ideas and I d hate to waste a weekend going through needless steps I ve read up on this issue and it appears that this card does have some issues installing For the records as well I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device have installed using the intel drivers from the intel website and that has not worked either Any ideas I ve thought about updating his service pack to three reinstalling windows etc but there s no reason this network card should not be working if it was part of the original installation on the laptop Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated I ve attached a screenshot of what I see in the device manager as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-installs-as-unknown-device.729826/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Forum,

I have a Inspirion 1150
Broadcom 440x10/100 network controller.

This is my problem:
In Device Manager,
I have 1 installed network controller that is running properly, but I have 1 that has a yellow ? with a !.
This is what it says:

Network Controller, in properties it shows the Manufacturer as "Unknown," and the Driver status says, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

I have tried to un-install controller, it comes back.

What do I do with this "Generic" controller that has no name, I dont know what driver to look for because I dont know what it is.

Please Help...
RICK...

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

Just now I got a notice of a new unknown device connecting to my network. I have not seen the device name before, and have no idea what is going on. When I try to look up this device, it says Windows can't access name. When I try to find more details, it says "The network path was not found." It's currently 6am in the US so I doubt someone has gained access to my network unless they're morning intruders.

I don't really understand what is going on. I've never seen this notice before.

Edit: Upon viewing my network again, this device no longer shows.

A:New/unknown device connected to network - cannot access

You should be able to see it on the router and see if it's connected via wireless or cable note your normal Mac address now so you can identify it.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/124107-new-unknown-device-connected-network-cannot-access.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been searching for three days on a Lifebook Driver. Device Solved: Unknown Yargghh...Fujitsu damn driver that I can not seem to get a hold of I Solved: Yargghh...Fujitsu Lifebook Unknown Device Driver. am fairly good at getting drivers for pc s but this one refuses to surface The pc is a Fujitsu Lifebook E-Series E I have reinstalled every driver from Fujitsu s website BUT this one It does not appear Solved: Yargghh...Fujitsu Lifebook Unknown Device Driver. to be listed and I have tried a multitude of drivers from the interwebs Solved: Yargghh...Fujitsu Lifebook Unknown Device Driver. Here is the full info from Uknown Device Identifier HBM ICH M LPC Interface Controller Vendor Intel Corporation PnpID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Details Bus PCI Express Device Number Device Function Vendor h Intel Corporation Device h HBM ICH M LPC Interface Controller Command h I O Access Memory Access BusMaster System Errors Status h Has Capabilities List Medium Timing Revision h Header Type h Bus Latency Timer h Self test h Self test not supported PCI Class Bridge PCI to ISA Subsystem ID D CFh Unknown Subsystem Vendor CFh Fujitsu Ltd New Capabilities List Present Vendor-Dependant Capability Class Bridge PCI to ISA OEM Device Unknown OEM Vendor Fujitsu Ltd I have tried many google searches and different chipset drivers from Intel s website Nothing seems to be working and I am out of ideas Any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Yargghh...Fujitsu Lifebook Unknown Device Driver.

Are you running XP, Vista or Win7 RC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-yargghh-fujitsu-lifebook-unknown-device-driver.851663/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi, I've just updated my laptop to Windows 10 and this driver is missing. I would be grateful for ny help in finding it. Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Missing Unknown device Driver ACPI\ASD0001\2&DABA3FF&1

Hi: See if the driver I zipped up and attached below works for you... Unzip the file to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder. Go to the device manager and click on the ASD device needing drivers. Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.  Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way. Then reboot.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Missing-Unknown-device-Driver-ACPI-ASD0001-2-amp-DABA3FF-amp/td-p/5265670
Relevancy 62.35%

My system speccy's should be in my profile bit, please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

A:Driver not found for unknown 'ethernet controller' in device manager.

Hi You need the Realtek Ethernet Utility .. In the Link below ..
Motherboard - P8H77-M - ASUS

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/352264-driver-not-found-unknown-ethernet-controller-device-manager.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I just bought an Ideapad U410 Touch laptop and reinstalled Windows 8. Now it says that one of the devices is unknown and missing drivers. I can't figure out what this device is and which driver should I install. The device is this ACPI\VEN_AOA&DEV_2011 Thanks for your help, Nik

A:Unknown Device - Missing Driver (ACPI\VEN_AOA&DEV_...

Dear pleti,

Welcome to Lenovo Community,

Just try to install the Energy Management Program.

Lenovo Energy Management

Please try this solution and if the problem still exists, just let me know.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Unknown-Device-Missing-Driver-ACPI-VEN-AOA-amp-DEV-2011/td-p/1225669
Relevancy 62.35%

I just completed a Windows 7 Home Premium clean install on my Fujitsu Lifebook. Everything seems to be running fine, except that in the Device Manager I am seeing two "Unknown Device" icons under "Other Devices". I'm trying to identify what these are, and if I need to install drivers for them. The Hardware Ids codes are: ACPI\FUJ02B1 and ACPI\FUJ02E3. Grateful to anyone who can help identify them, and point to where I can safely download drivers.

* Just a note that the Windows "Update Driver Software" tool didn't turn up anything for these. Also, I downloaded the entire driver pack from Fujitsu for my machine, but I don't know how to identify which driver I need. - Thanks.

A:Unknown Device driver identificaiton on Windows 7 clean install

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... You need the Fujitsu System Extension and the Driver above it .. You can get them from the Link below

Fujitsu America - Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/303670-unknown-device-driver-identificaiton-windows-7-clean-install.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am encountering frequent 'blue screen' reboots on my Windows XP SP2 System. Upon reboot, I get an online crash diagnosis indicating that I have a problem with an 'unknown' device driver. Any ideas on how I can diagnose and correct this problem?

A:Blue Screen Reboot due to unknown device driver problem

need to get more info. there should be a list of hex (00E000BF) blah de blah that would be helpful in diagnosing it. Also, a few things:

1. have you added/removed any hard/software recently?
2. how long has this been going on?
3. Does the blue screen stay up long enough to read? If not, right click my computer, go to advanced, startup and recovery, and make sure that the 'auto reboot' is unticked'.
4. How far in the reboot can you get? Can you get past POST? BIOS? Can you get all the way to windows?

the more ammo, the more likely someone here can kill this problem, to coin an analogy.

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-reboot-due-to-unknown-device-driver-problem.417411/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Toshiba P -S laptop I put an Intel GB SSD device) missing help (Unknown ACPI\TOS620A needed. driver in it put ACPI\TOS620A (Unknown device) missing driver help needed. an untouched Windows x on it using X - ISO and activated it with my own ACPI\TOS620A (Unknown device) missing driver help needed. COA key I got all the missing drivers installed except for one Using the VEN and DEV 's from the Hardware ID and going to sites like pcidatabase com etc I learned what the vaguely labeled mystery hardware was then got the official drivers from toshiba com Problem is this last one labeled Unknown device has an unusual Hardware ID that looks like this ACPI TOS A TOS A I'm reluctant to install any driver software to have it find out but I was wondering about the drivers from DriverPacks net The page I'd be getting them from is here Not knowing which driver I need I wanted to get all of them put on a DVD ACPI\TOS620A (Unknown device) missing driver help needed. then point the Device Manager to the disc to hopefully install it Is it safe to use the drivers from this site If I get them and scan them with MBAM SAS and Avast as long as they're clean are they okay to use I'm very leary of these things and could use some expert insight here If I shouldn't use these drivers then what should I do about this mystery driver Thank you

A:ACPI\TOS620A (Unknown device) missing driver help needed.

Hi Lee,

The DriverPacks.net packages are safe to use but I'm not sure they include what you need...

ACPI\TOS620A is related to software, go to the Toshiba website and type your serial number then on the list of drivers and software look for the HDD Protection Utility install and restart the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563038/acpitos620a-unknown-device-missing-driver-help-needed/
Relevancy 61.92%

I had some trouble last night and today with getting rid of a virus. Now that it is gone, I am having sound problems (maybe related, maybe not). This morning, when I opened iTunes I got a message that there was no audio device detected. After trying several things, I rebooted. Magically, I could play music again. However, a short while later, I again got an error message telling me that there is no audio device found, even though it shows up in Device Manager as working properly. The problem goes away for a short time after I reboot, but returns. It is Realtek AC 97. Why won't my computer keep recognizing it?

(It tried going to Realtek's site to download an update. It has updates for Windows 98, 95, etc., but not for XP. Or at least I couldn't find it.)

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all- In the last week I have noticed that a mystery phone has been listed in my network devices list It was quite clearly not mine I immediately recorded its MAC address and tried with no luck to get windows to tell me more My Asus router did not list network appearing device in list phones Unknown the Unknown phones appearing in network device list MAC address as connected to my home wifi Googling revealed no useful Unknown phones appearing in network device list info I did not have a password on my login stoopid so I applied Unknown phones appearing in network device list one and rebooted Today I noticed a similar phone unknown to me listed in my laptop network device list Again it is quote clearly not mine MacAddressLookup org did not have a listing for the MAC address this time Windows was unable to give me the serial number IP address or phone number in either event A fresh full scan with a fully updated Avast found nothing Spybot S amp D is now running Needless to say I am concerned I don't know if this is some hack attempt or malware Could this be just a couple of random phones trying to connect to anything they see This seems to be just my laptop I have no evidence to suggest my router was accessed Thank you for any help amp insights anyone can provide Cheers- Oli Links to images of network devices list amp windows properties of the unknown phones Samsung amp Xiaomi Windows My laptop connects to my home network via wifi Bluetooth is disabled No LAN connection is present My ASUS router AC U reports no devices attached to my network that I don't recognise Phone SAMSUNG MOBILE MAC b a f Phone Manufacturer Xiaomi MAC df dd a

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547885/unknown-phones-appearing-in-network-device-list/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, I need the driver for WIN 8.1 for Unknown device ACPI\INT3401\2&DABA3FF&1
Where can I find this driver?
Thank youSimone

A:Latitude E5550 driver win 8.1 Unknown device ACPI\INT3401\2&DABA3FF&1

Hi, its a Intel Collaborative Processor Performance Control Driver.
www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;fileId=3423072288&osCode=WB64A&productCode=latitude-e5250-laptop&languageCode=EN&categoryId=UT

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19615486
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I recently replaced my hard drive and had my windows version updated from Windows Home premium to windows ultimate I went to Vaio Unknown driver/base VPCF126FM device for system Sony the sony website to try and hunt down the driver But it lists a bunch of drivers I know its not my video card because I Unknown driver/base system device for Sony Vaio VPCF126FM already managed to reinstall that On the device manager it is just this last unknown device I hope that this information helps PCI bus device function Any help would be appreciated I would really like to know what this device is Also I went to get Sony s minute support but they said that this was complicated because it would require a manual extraction of the files Is this true because I updated the OS This is the hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS D amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS D PCI VEN amp DEV E amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV E amp CC compatible ID PCI VEN amp DEV E amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV E PCI VEN amp CC PCI VEN amp CC PCI VEN PCI CC PCI CC nbsp

A:Unknown driver/base system device for Sony Vaio VPCF126FM

Also, my computer used to be able to play Blue rays, but now it won't. I have a feeling this is also a driver issue. So any suggestions with this would be helpful to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-driver-base-system-device-for-sony-vaio-vpcf126fm.178212/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a couple of devices that I want to remove that are listed under msinfo32.exe, but aren't listed under the Device Manager? How would I go about removing these?

A:How do you remove a device listed in Msinfo, but not in Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-remove-a-device-listed-in-msinfo-but-not-in-device-manager.317964/
Relevancy 61.06%

I built a new PC July please see XP reboots of random driver Home device causing Video/Unknown Windows the specs in signature below and until about two months ago it ran without any problems Then it began to randomly reboot amp still is as of this posting Sometimes it does so while being used and other times it can be just sitting and not being used with the monitor turned off and it reboots I have even gotten up in the middle of the night to hear the POST Video/Unknown device driver causing random reboots of Windows XP Home beep and found that it was rebooting It does tend to reboot more often when not being used and the monitor is turned off than when it is being used When doing video editing which is very processor intense during the rendering process it never reboots I have not added any new hardware to the PC and the only software additions or upgrades updates have been the usual Microsoft updates and patches they send out monthly and the anti-virus definitions and other updates for Norton Systemworks Professional that come out weekly and sometimes daily I have run the diagnostics app that comes bundled with NSW Pro which stresses the video card RAM HDDs etc and nothing happens My CPU temp stays between and degrees C and case ambient temp stays around degrees C For about a couple of weeks the CPU was hovering around to degrees C but that was just because some of the air vents had gotten stopped up with dust and as soon as I blew them out and vacuumed out the case the temps returned to their normals Each time the reboot has happened I have followed the procedure of sending the error to Microsoft and each time they sent me to a site that stated that an unknown device driver was causing the error Then about two weeks ago the notice changed and told me it was my video card that was causing the problem Please see this link http oca microsoft com en response aspx SGD fbc f -fe f- a -ae - e d a c amp SID The suggestions for resolution were to update the driver and if that didn t solve it to back down the hardware acceleration on the card I updated the video card s driver to the version and the problem continued I then backed down the hardware acceleration by one notch then a second and finally a third and the reboots stopped for about a couple of weeks then started again I adjusted my monitor s refresh rate from to Hz to see if the card might be overdriving the monitor but that did not resolve the problem either Now I get the video device driver notification from Microsoft on some reboots and other times the unknown device driver notification This has me completely baffled and I would really appreciate any suggestions Thanks in advance for any help provided nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

i cant install nvidia drivers " this graphics driver could not find compatible graphic hardware", and i can't see my nvidia card on the device manager, and can't get the hardware ID, it looks like my laptop doesn't have this graphic card installed.
my latop is:
ASUS - K52JC

2 graphics card, intel shared, and separated nvidia ( 310m cuda - 1GB )

i tried to follow this procedure, Fix Latest nVidia Mobility Driver to Fit Your Notebook

but couldn't find device ID, because it is not listed on device manager,
pleaaaaase help !!!!!

A:My Nvidia device is not listed in Device manager

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look here: http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...52Jc&p=3&s=245

Select your operating system from the drop-down list, expand the VGA category and download whichever drivers you want.

I'd be inclined to save them before you install them in case you need them in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/193413-my-nvidia-device-not-listed-device-manager.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I recently purchased a USB 2.0 Network Cable.
I have been unable to find the necessary drivers to support the cable.
I bought it from a wholesale website, and there's no manufacturer disclosed on the box or the website.
The disk that came with the cable has drivers, but they don't work on windows 7, and the pop-up tells me to contact the manufacturer, which of course I cannot do.
If you could help me find the appropriate drivers, I'd really appreciate it. If not, then I would like to return the product since I am unable to use it. Thank you.

This is the product:
USB 2.0 Network Cable Wholesale Cables | Cat5E | Cat6 | USB | KVM | RCA | Tools | CPU | Fiber Optic

A:Unknown driver for Network Cable

On the website you linked it says:

Windows System Requirements:
• Windows? 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP

try installing in XP compatability mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34986-unknown-driver-network-cable.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've been having internet problems this passed week, and I've been trying many things to get it fixed(it seems to be only my computer having problems with the connection). I'm basically at my wits end with this. The only thing I can think of to do is to find out what driver this thing needs.

Here's a screen shot.

http://i.imgur.com/5U6OEi9.png

A:I have an unknown Network Controller with no driver

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. You should be able to get the Driver you need from the Motherboards Website .. As it is not listed in your System Specs .. Do the following go to Start type in CMD in the dialogue box type .. wmic baseboard get Manufacturer,serialnumber

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/333022-i-have-unknown-network-controller-no-driver.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I m trying to reinstall my sister s scanner driver because XP has decided that it s not there any more This happens occasionally and usually reinstalling the driver fixes it I think that s what I did last time but this time i just can t get it to work If i unplug the USB cable then plug it in again it comes up with a message saying that the device has malfunctioned and it doesn t recognize it I have the driver CD but windows always manages to install it as quot Unknown device quot before i can tell it to search the CD I ve tried telling it to reinstall the driver from - Stubborn Device" and "Unknown "Malfunctioned Scanner Device" Driver the CD but it says that there are quot no better matches for this device quot I ve also tried uninstalling the program form the Stubborn Scanner Driver - "Malfunctioned Device" and "Unknown Device" CD and reinstalling it then restarting the pc but that didn t help either I tried plugging it into another USB port as suggested by Windows Help Center but that still didn t work It s not often that something like this gets me in a circle and scratching my head but I m really starting to run out of ideas Any help would be very appreciated i just want to get this thing running again nbsp

A:Stubborn Scanner Driver - "Malfunctioned Device" and "Unknown Device"

Could it be that the scanner really did die?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stubborn-scanner-driver-malfunctioned-device-and-unknown-device.93409/
Relevancy 58.91%

I upgraded to Windows a while back Every time I open the computer I get a pop-up notification telling me the USB device is unrecognized I have no USB devices in any of my USB ports I sent my computer in twice No help They just uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything and told me it should be fixed It is not I then went about updating every driver in my Device Manager I uninstalled the Unknown USB Device and then updated other drivers Certain drivers such as PCI Express Root Port - C (Device Request Device Descriptor Device USB USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&7de72a2&0&3 Failed) Unknown when updating would also reinstall the Unknown USB Device which I would then uninstall and keep working down the list Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&7de72a2&0&3 Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) At the end of updating EVERYTHING I scanned for hardware changes and quot found quot the Unknown USB Device nbsp From what I can tell and I know very little about this stuff my computer can't name one of my USB ports Since it can't figure out what it's called it can't download the proper driver for it Since it can't download the proper driver it can't work properly The practical result from this is that one of my three USB ports does nothing when I put in any USB item connect my android phone thumb drive presentation clicker etc I've looked on tons of forums My current thought is that if I can tell my computer what the deice is or download the right driver and tell my computer to use that driver for this device it should solve my issue But I don't know how to know what the name of the USB port should be I imagine it would be something similar to the other USB ports I don't know who made the USB port I don't know where to search for the drivers on my own and I don't know how to tell my computer to use a downloaded drive for a specific USB Port since it usually coordinates all that on its own I've been on lots of forums and tried lots of solutions Anyone think they can help me with my problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51d96031-1f7e-4d92-8d25-782f6c799d5f/device-usbvid0000amppid00026amp7de72a2amp0amp3-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 57.19%

I have this problem:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.

and now I am not able to connect any usb device to my laptop making it virtually impossible to use windows 10.
How do I downgrade to windows 7,have enough of the beta testing.
I even have a purchased version of windows 10 pro which I really regret buying, worst investment ever.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6070b9bf-bb9a-4579-80aa-b64b1241a77c/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-because-a-previous-instance-of-the-device?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 57.19%

So I'll try to keep this short.

I have a HP B209a-m that I have just gotten rid of and now am trying to remove all the software from my system. I've run revo and the issue still persists.

It gives me a device install path of ROOT\MULTIFUNCTION\xxx where xxx is a number. I have about 20-30 of these instances in my device manager and all have different install paths. I'd really like to remove these. I've run the HP L4 Uninstaller multiple times and still the issue is here.

I'd just really like to remove HP from my life.

Thanks for the help.

A:Multiple devices listed as Unknown, all the same printer

hello and welcome entfy mate try first backing up the registry Registry - Backup and Restore

See my pic AFTER you have backed up that registry but please do that the very first thing I usually make two copies in say the desktop and a document.
Let us know what if any HP software is there you can also check that entry named Printers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332826-multiple-devices-listed-unknown-all-same-printer.html
Relevancy 56.76%

PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_2062&SUBSYS_2AD3103C&REV_C1.
OS Home premium 64 bit. HP Pavilion p2 1033w.

Crashed so I used a recovery disc. Reinstall went okay, but no network connection. Error message: The drivers for this device are not installed. I will need a driver I can download on flash drive. I searched google and some forums but can not find specific driver.

Thanks in advance for help or advice.

A:Where can I download driver for network adaptor. Device PCI\VEN_1969&D

Original Atheros Network Controller Driver - HP Pavilion p2-1033w Desktop PC | HP? Support=

Click the blue filename on that page and the driver should download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/288365-where-can-i-download-driver-network-adaptor-device-pci-ven_1969-d.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Reopening this problem of network device driver disappearing. only had this machine for less than a month! reloaded device driver and it worked temporarily but the same problem occurred again.  at the advice of hp support also loaded new bios and also returned the pc back to original factory settings/software. wi-fi temporarily worked, but by the next morning again the network device driver disappeared.  waiting now to see if hp will receive it for fixing.

A:hp stream 11 network device driver disappearing so unable to...

Same problem since the end of last week. Already re-set the pc with HP assistance on the phone. After that it worked for 10 minutes and then again unable to see any network. If a restart I can then connect for few minutes and then back agian to no networks detected, no wifi.Is there a way to fix this without sendind the laptop away?Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-stream-11-network-device-driver-disappearing-so-unable-to/td-p/5126146
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an machine running Windows XP pro that has two network adapters - One is a Linksys LNE TX card plugged into a PCI slot - The other is an integrated network card unknown vendor At one time in the past I had both network adapters running because I was going to use the machine as a firewall but other projects came up and it just didn t happen I can t remember what I did but I must of uninstalled the driver on the integrated card or something because it doesn t show up under Control Panel - gt Network Connections I can only see the Linksys Driver Installing Device Adapter Problem Network card I just Problem Installing Network Adapter Device Driver bought a new machine and I want to put the Linksys card into it and use the integrated network card for the old machine Under the device manager I can see the Linksys card and under quot Other devices quot I see quot Ethernet Controller quot Problem Installing Network Adapter Device Driver with a yellow question mark by it This looks like it might be the integrated Network Adapter I look at the properties for this and I see that quot The device is not configured correctly Code Since I Problem Installing Network Adapter Device Driver don t know which driver to install and I do not have a CD for this integrated card I opened up my machine to see if I see the name of it but there isn t anything there to determine what type of integrated card that it is so I know which drive to install I ve tried letting the wizard find the appropriate driver for it on the Internet but it fails I ve tried different drivers when I do it manually but each driver installation attempt comes back with quot The Device Cannot Start Code quot I ve also run Belarc on my machine to see if it will pick up a hardware type on the integrated network adapter but it only sees the Linksys adapter Can anyone give me any advice on where I should look next

A:Problem Installing Network Adapter Device Driver

Hello SysTech GuyYou could try windows update. Sometimes it picks up on network drivers and updates them. Or you could download WinAuditand have a look for the other network adapter. Also, if the device is embedded into the motherboard, what make and model is the board? This will lead to finding the adaptor.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155906/problem-installing-network-adapter-device-driver/
Relevancy 56.76%

Need helpt to get the drivers for win 7 64 bit for Network controller, PCI Device,SM Bus controller, Universal Serial Bus controller, PCI Encryption/Decryption controller

A:Driver needed for Network controller,PCI Device,SM Bus contr...

Hi Open Device ManagerIn the Device Manager menu, whichever way you got to it, find the driver that is missing (yellow question mark).-Right click on that driver and go to ?Properties?-In the properties menu, click on the ?Details? tab.-In the details tab, click the dropdown and select ?Device Id?sWhen you have that sub menu opened up below, you should see a sentence containing a couple things you need.-This is what it would look like for example: -PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D1&SUBSYS_14041565&REV_A2 (Might be a couple extra lines containing similar stuff, but the main things you need are the VEN and DEVRequest you to Copy it and provide the ID so that i can provide you the right link for the download.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Driver-needed-for-Network-controller-PCI-Device-SM-Bus/td-p/4833423
Relevancy 56.33%

PROBLEM: "unknown Users" are listed in Properties/Security of a folder.

I have Windows 7, 64-bit.

The Properties/Security box of my "C:\Users\[my name]" folder lists two Users called
"Account Unknown (S-1-5-21-879640176-2077098734-2292519611-1001)"
and, "Home Users", in addition to the legitimate Users "SYSTEM", "Administrators", and
"[my name]".

After deleting the computer's Limited Acct, the 2 Users are still listed.

"S-1-5-21-879640176-2077098734-2292519611-1001" is not found by the Yahoo Search
Engine. The Windows folder-specific search engine for "C:" and for "Users" searches essentially
indefinitely. That for the folder named after myself finds nothing.

Especially regarding "S-...", is this caused by malware ? Would deleting either or both of these
Users cause harm ?

A:"Unknown Users" listed in Properties/Security of a folder

Hi -
What are the names of the accounts?

By any chance - TrustedInstaller, Authenticated Users, Administrators, SYSTEM, ...?
Do the additional unnamed users show up on all files?

Do you have any problems accessing the files?

See what happens if you remove the users from one of the files.

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464963/unknown-users-listed-in-propertiessecurity-of-a-folder/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey
I recently realized that my graphics card is not showing any where on my computer. I went to the control panel and went to Uninstall Programs and I found the Nvidia driver. Although I can see the driver, I can't see it under hardware, and I no longer see it running on the toolbar. I have a GT310m with optimus (at least I did hahaha). Would be nice to have it back. Thanks

A:GPU is not listed under device manager

Quote: Originally Posted by 123sam

Hey
I recently realized that my graphics card is not showing any where on my computer. I went to the control panel and went to Uninstall Programs and I found the Nvidia driver. Although I can see the driver, I can't see it under hardware, and I no longer see it running on the toolbar. I have a GT310m with optimus (at least I did hahaha). Would be nice to have it back. Thanks

Can we get a snip of the device manager GPU tab?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/120209-gpu-not-listed-under-device-manager.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently reformatted my laptop and after doing so my disc reader isn't working... I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad Y710 (all stock parts, nothing upgraded) and I've tried downloading the driver from the Lenovo site but it doesn't seem to be working...

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_970.html <--- the one I downloaded...
I get these errors:

A:CD/DVD Drive Not Listed on Device

hi iam curious why is it listed in downloads it should be in devcie manager have you checked in device manager for errors ie yellow ! or red Xs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-drive-not-listed-on-device.855210/
Relevancy 55.9%

Have peculiar situation with laptop hope someone can please advise Recently got the little Sony VAIO P nd generation model VPCP AKJ Problems are as follows This is Japanese model so came with Japanese version of Win HP and recovery Device Network No Driver WiFi Can't - Install Controller - Missing OS is in Japanese and I do not know or read Japanese So not useful to me Prior owner changed the original WiFi card to an Intel WiMAX WiFi Link card After doing a fresh Win HP instal to get the OS in English and not have all the Sony bloatware that is part of the Japanese Windows recovery OS install I was missing several drivers including the Network Controller Ethernet Controller and Wireless Downloaded and installed drivers from Sony and Intel for WiMAX Network Controller Device Driver Missing - Can't Install - No WiFi driver file ICS s Now only missing driver Network Controller Device Driver Missing - Can't Install - No WiFi is the Network Controller The Intel WiMAX WiFi Link card is working WiMAX-wise and recognizes several WiMAX networks However it is not picking up on WiFi networks which is what I need I'm wondering whether the missing Network Controller driver is impacting this I have tried installing an Intel Wireless driver filename Wireless Ds when I run it it just shows a small quot square window with a WiFi like icon in it that shows a circular segmented progress like feature around the icon After a minute or so it disappears from display with no text message so don't know it installs anything or not Regardless the Network Controller is still missing The Hardware ID info for the Network Controller is PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC The Physical Object Name is amp d b e amp amp E I searched on the Hardware ID info above to get info about the device and then download the driver file Perhaps I need a different driver file Problem is that Intel website says to go to laptop manufacturer site for this device but since it was not originally part of the Sony laptop they don't have driver file for it Also I have done all Windows Updates as well as trying to let Windows find install update drivers but no go for this one Feel like I'm going around in circles on this one driving me nutz Any suggestions Thanks Mark

A:Network Controller Device Driver Missing - Can't Install - No WiFi

Mark -

How were you able to install all rounds of Important and Optional Updates if you had no Ethernet or Wireless connection?

Did you plug in the ethernet cable during install which delivers that driver about 70% of the time (wireless about 50%)? If not plug it in now and enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) to see if it loads from the driver Store or Windows Update.

Then if you've actually run all rounds of Updates to completion it will normally deliver the Wifi driver.

You can trace the driver using Hardware Identification.

Other steps in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 to get and keep a perfect install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/297555-network-controller-device-driver-missing-cant-install-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Lenovo W530, loaded, running Windows 10 Pro. Today I opened the Built in Windows system utility, "Computer Management", which allows me to view all aspects of the system, and under users, I noticed a rather strange entry for a user name: tvsu_tmp_ycghaMRMGP. It was listed as an administrator but it was not currently enabled. Was this a hack or was this some remote session I might have had with Lenovo Tech support, in years past? Or was this a dummy account Windows used when Windows 10 Pro was installed over Windows 8.1 Pro? I have been keeping this laptop as my Windows native backup system, and love the power of this workstation class laptop, but these types of incidents bother me with Windows. Anyone else see such strange user entries before? I ran Defender, no incidents recorded.

A:Unknown user id listed inside the computer management console

Hello Richard, and welcome to Ten Forums.

That appears to be an account created by "ThinkVantage System Update" from Lenovo.

ThinkVantage System Update - Lenovo Support (US)

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58185-unknown-user-id-listed-inside-computer-management-console.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Does anyone know a fix for this common problem:

My PC's (running XP Pro SP3) mapped network drives say "Unknown Network Device" but they work just fine.

Is there a way to get windows to like them as the normal "Network Device".

I ran across these other posts with people with the same problem, but didn't see any sure-fire fix listed:

http://tinyurl.com/c4zmbr

http://tinyurl.com/d6dxq4

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-network-device-but-mapped-drive-does-work-362019.html