Windows Support Forum

User Profile/ User Creation Problem

Q: User Profile/ User Creation Problem

Help Please I've been searching this forum and on line all day I cannot find anything close to my problem or any instructions to help me fix it I have two user accounts on my computer Both have Administrator privileges however recently certain functions and capabilities have disappeared from these User Logons I think they have somehow become corrupt so I thought I would create a new user and Profile/ User Creation User Problem copy over the files minus the Ntuser dat Ntuser dat log and Ntuser ini HOWEVER when I open the Control Panel User Accounts and click Add or Remove User Account User Profile/ User Creation Problem - I get nothing No window opens I have even activated the built in Administrator Account through the elevated command prompt but was unable to rename as per the tutorial on here and it doesn't work either I think not being able to rename the Administrator account has something to do with me not having true administrator privileges When I tried to save the rename program into the Windows system folder I got a you must have administrative rights to do this pop up so I clicked to activate but it never placed the file in the system folder Other things discovered while working on this - I cannot see find from the start prompt local security policies - Manage Computer does not show Users amp Groups I can boot into safe mode and use the Toshiba Restore option which will bring it back to out of the box condition - but I believe I would have to reinstall all my programs - not something I want to do -- so this is a worst case Armageddon scenario Any idea on how to fix these profiles and or what could be wrong with Windows running Home Premium bit Sandy

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: User Profile/ User Creation Problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: User Profile/ User Creation Problem

Other things discovered while working on this:
- I cannot see/find (from the start prompt) "local security policies" 
- "Manage Computer" does not show "Users & Groups".

These are only available in the Pro version of Windows 7.

You should not need to rename the hidden Administrator group. When logging into the Hidden Administrator Account you activated, you cannot create a new user in Control Panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562590/user-profile-user-creation-problem/
Relevancy 82.46%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 104.92%

I am working on my office computer which is on the company's domain, that means any number of users can login to the same system using there domain account, with every account there is a user profile that is associated with that account, however one of my co-colleauge successfully login using her domain account, however i do not see her user profile being created, i remember deleting her user profile from c:\users and from registry as well in the profile list a while ago..that means when the next time she will login, a new user profile should have been created, which obviously is not happening?

On top of that i don't see her profile as a temporary one..i am perplexed..

A:Windows User Profile creation

are they roaming profiles?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356784-windows-user-profile-creation.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi All:

I am experiencing an issue with a single user where here user profile is not created properly. When launching IE9 it opens/shuts and when opening an explorer window from the dock it displays a warning message indicated that not all drives were mounted.

This machine is running Win7 64 bit and is connected to a domain. Other domain users work. This user has attempted logging onto multiple machines running Win7 with the same results.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions to try?

A:User Profile Creation Issues

I'm not sure what you're actually asking for... Let me see if we can narrow this down a bit.

This user can or can NOT login to a windows 7 computer?
After successfully logging into a windows 7 machine, this user is able or UNABLE to open IE9?
When opening windows explorer you get an error message saying that network drives were UNABLE to reconnect?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173297-user-profile-creation-issues.html
Relevancy 102.77%

- Windows 7 Pro in a workplace.

When a unser logs to a machine for the first time, it takes around 3 minutes to create the profile, it hangs at "Preparing your desktop". After the initial logon, the time is more normal, around 10-25 seconds.

What could cause such a long delay to initiate the profile?

A:First time user profile creation takes 3 minutes

Hi Sebster, Welcome to Sevenforums

there are a lot of things that could cause this delay and will depend on your configuration - things such as large office suites and the like need to set up the user area User\apps folder. Also any drive mappings that you have set-up in your organisation, or gpo's, (I am assuming you are on an AD domain), or startup scripts

One thing to check for is non existent server shares, these will be checked several times before being skipped

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/103341-first-time-user-profile-creation-takes-3-minutes.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello,
I currently have 5 user accounts on my windows vista 32-bit computer and I needed to create a new account. So, I logged onto the administrator account and created a new user account. Then, I logged off the administrator account and tried to log onto the new account. However, I received the following message
The user profile service failed the log on.
User profile can not be loaded.
After receiving the message I restarted the computer and attempted to log onto the new account but I received the same message.
Please help me.
Thank you in advance.

A:The user profile service Service failed the log on. User profile can not be loaded. Problem. Windows Vista 32-bit

Fix a corrupted user profile, Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456439/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-log-on-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded-problem-windows-vista-32-bit/
Relevancy 98.04%

I need help badly! While working with NeonFx in the "Malware, Trojan, Virus" Forums. The OTS.exe tool deleted key vista files. I am unable to boot up normally! I am writing this request for help after booting up in safe mode. All of my vista settings are either gone or serverely imparied! I need help restoring my vista settings, user profile, recovering files, drivers, applications, etc. I have attached NeonFx's last post describing how my machine got to this state. Someone please help ASAP!

A:Vista - Failed to open by the service user profile. Unable to load user profile

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-failed-to-open-by-the-service-user-profile-unable-to-load-user-profile.882933/
Relevancy 96.75%

It is an HP computer that my brother brought over because it wouldn t boot It was giving me a quot bootmgr is compressed quot message So I got my Vista repair disc and uncompressed his drive That got rid of that message but then it was giving me winload exe errors So I fixed that and FINALLY it booted up but when I clicked on his user account to log on I get this error message I have searched for answers I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles a loaded" profile cannot the service Getting message be logon. "user profile user failed section but there isn t an extra one I can boot into safe mode but I get no administrative tools no ability to see the event viewer or manage users idk if this is normal I did a command I found to make the default administrator account active or something like that and now when it boots up there is his user account Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message and an admin user If I click his user to log on I get the error message If I click the admin account it loads but it loads telling me the Vista copy is not genuine Anyone have any idea how to fix this Why is the admin account telling me Vista is not genuine Thank you

A:Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message

I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles section but there isn't an extra oneExtra one? you mean the .bak key?Did you follow this guide?http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466518/getting-a-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-message/
Relevancy 96.75%

OS Windows XP v Professional SP I restored the computer system as I had lost everything stored in the old user profile A NEW USER PROFILE mlinda quot is created with the correct domain attached to it eg CAA MAU and is fully restored The OLD USER PROFILE quot m linda quot remains in the documents and settings BUT - the domain is of a local computer eg SPARXX and it no longer works with the eg CAA MAU domain The original quot m linda quot user profile contains almost nothing in it no documents etc m linda is still listed in the userlist in computer management BUT 2 (fully name user user restored) new profile old ? Urgent-How profile change to back NOT THE NEW mlinda In administrator mode I dont t see ALL the contents of the newly restored profile Questions How do I change user profile quot mlinda Urgent-How 2 change new user profile (fully restored) back to old user profile name ? quot that has successfully retored everthing back to quot m linda quot since the new profile has everything intact How do I safely delete the newly restored quot mlinda quot and ensure everything is back to normal with the OLD USER PROFILE m linda How to ensure that the correct domain name is attached to the profile by transferring all the data from THE NEW mlinda eg domain CAA MAU to THE OLD m linda that currently has a local computer domain SPARXX User profile m linda has to be attched to domain CAA MAU Should I be backing up before eventhough the new mlinda is in super condition I read in forums that the links to desktop can be lost by transfering How do I retain it Do I have to change anything in the registry value Should I do it with Administrator account in normal mode or safe mode When I log on as an Administrator both mlinda and m linda is as brand new and none of the exisiting files in it When I log in as mlinda new I still see m linda local computer domain in the user list but not mlinda the new But when I right click properties of c documents and setting mlinda under security I see that mlinda is listed with the correct domain name My biggeest fear is not to lose the domain ouutlook etc while changing mlinda to m linda B Rather than going through a process of copying mlinda to m linda Is it possible just delete THE OLD USER PROFILE m linda and rename the THE NEW USER PROFILE mlinda since this is fully restored to m linda If yes what are the best steps And how can I make the adjustments to user list since when wondows starts there is only THE NEW PROFILE mlinda popping up I need it back to m linda I read in a forum that I can go to registry HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVer Profilelist and change but I don t want to mess with it In my case in the registry i should I delete m linda first and rename mlinda to m linda This is rather urgent and need to fix today All your help are truly appreciated Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-how-2-change-new-user-profile-fully-restored-back-to-old-user-profile-name.1004093/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello

When I tried to log on to administrator account on vista laptop this morning I got the following error massage "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." I did some research and found a potential solution: The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

However the problem is that the solution needs a working administrartor account and the only account I'm able to log in is a standard one with no power to change account type or boot into admin safe mode/ do a command prompt whatsoever.

Would anyone happen to have an alternative solution that doesn't require an admin account to fix this?

A:Vista - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Was able to log on in safe mode and follow the registry edit procedure. Thanks anyway

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281202-vista-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 96.75%

my computer is password protected. i only have one user account on it. how can i fix this without losing anything on my laptop?

A:vista-the user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded

Just a thought, did you password the default administrator account?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533684/vista-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 95.46%

Restart F8 brings up F2 Set Up or F12 Boot Menu.  Can't find advanced boot options to start in safe mode.

A:User Profile service faied to logon. User profile cannot be loaded

System manufacturer and model?

FWIW

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559644/user-profile-service-faied-to-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 95.46%

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer but every time i do that Im unable to login to be User The Service the failed Profile cannot profile loaded User logon. that name Only the main account is accessible All new accounts I create with my account will give me this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot This applies to the guest account as well If this helps when you go to C Users only the main account's folder and a folder called quot Public quot is present Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account Because of this im unable to copy files from my main account to the new but inaccessible account as the folder for it does not exist This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded parental controls But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded How can I fix this I've been following The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded these instructions from Microsoft Error message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList Apparently there should be two folders with S- - that is followed by a long set of numbers but there is only one It seems that there isn't even any folder associated with the new account I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account But none for the new accounts So that method to resolve this problem doesn't work for me I am running Windows Vista

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Did you try the other 2 methods from that webpage?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-609185.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hey all 

Long time user of bleeping computer - gonna jump on in and join the fun and games!

Anyway I work in a small local computer repair shop and recently we had LOADS of Vista and Windows 7 machines with the error

"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

We can repair the fault changing the profile from temporary profile path and swapped the .bak extension in registry. 

But what the hell is causing it? We have had two machine back in within two weeks of initial repair. We figured windows update at first but its not a given. 

cheers!

A:"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Have you read this Microsoft Support article?

There are similar articles for Vista and XP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511054/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 95.46%

Today, Dec.20th, I wanted to create a standard user account for testing.
I named it Test.
When I tried to log on to Test account, I received the above message.
I used the tutorial compiled by Shawn but failed :
The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

Problems :
1. I don't remember when was the last time I successfully created a new user account. Therefore, not knowing which is the good restore point for this matter.
2. The tutorial mentioned SID key with .bak at the end.
There are 3 SID keys, but none has .bak at the end.
3. name of ProfileImagePath is as follow ...........
a.1001 belongs to t-4-2
b. 500 belongs to Administrator
c. 501 belongs to Guest
I don't see the SID key for the Test account.
Therefore, I am stuck. not knowing how to proceed.

see screenshot :

Please advise.
Thank you.

P.S. Guest account was NEVER activated.

t-4-2

A:User Profile Service Failed the Login User profile cannot be loaded

Hello t-4-2,

The SID key for the user profile will not be created until the first time a newly created user account is logged on to.

You might see if this part of the tutorial may be the issue you are having.

Rob Brooks-Bilson's Blog: Fix for Vista's: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/203645-user-profile-service-failed-login-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi Recently i have had a few users in our domain unable to logon due to this error To fix the issue nbsp i have been deleting their local profile and then logging back on so they pick up the mandatory profile stored on the server and everything then works fine Server is running server r and workstations are running windows pro nbsp I have just noticed the below error in the event logs on a few of the affected machines Windows cannot copy file C Users lnyberg AppData Local Temp jds tmp to location UNC CM-DC NOCSC Profiles StaffNew V AppData Local Temp jds tmp This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights Profile logon. loaded. Service User profile be User failed the cannot The nbsp DETAIL - Access is denied Is this what could be nbsp causing nbsp the issue with nbsp logging nbsp on I am a bit confused as to why it would be trying to copy a temp file back to the mandatory profile The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. on the server Any ideas would be great Thanks Shane

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/327332a7-1c13-4cae-ae8b-3a48088d621b/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 95.46%

windows 7 will not let me log on to my administrator account.  this is my son"s computer. could he have downloaded something that is causing this?  how do i fix it? thanks!

A:the user profile service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded

i was able to resolve the problem.  system restore in safe moce,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506576/the-user-profile-service-failed-to-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 95.46%

I had the following error:

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

I googled how to fix it. I now can't get to my photos from my other user account. How can I get to them so I can burn them on a DVD and clear up some of my hard drive? I can still see they are there in my Picasa program just can't get to them on desktop now.

Thanks,
Nici

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Use an admin account, go to the account's picture folder you had before, and answer yes if it asks if it should modify security. ( haven't done this in a while so I can't remember the exact wording )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1139421/
Relevancy 95.46%

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer but every time i do that Im unable to login to that name Only the administrator account is accessible All new accounts createdwill give me this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot This applies to the guest account as well If this helps when you go to C Users only the main account s folder and a folder called quot Public quot is present Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account Because of this im unable Profile logon. The the failed loaded cannot User profile be Service User to copy files from my main account to the new account as the folder for it does not exist This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with parental controls But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded How can I fix this I ve been following these instructions from Microsoft The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded http support microsoft The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded com kb I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList It seems that there isn t even any folder associated with the new account I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account But none for the new accounts

Back to the beginning...what steps did you actually take...to create a new profile?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425494/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a very bad problem with my PC. It started yesterday and the vista system repair came up and scanned my computer. When it finished I clicked finish and my PC restarted then it did it again..and again...and again.
Then I went into safe mode and virus scanned everything but came up with nothing. So I restarted my PC and it said The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. So I clicked ok then my user account came up somehow. I clicked it and it took me to desktop except that half of my programs were gone and like nothing worked, all my documents, downloads, pictures were all gone. I can't do anything on that computer, can anyone help please??(I have googled it but none of the solutions work so I want to find an answer specific to my problem)

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Most likely it is loading a temporary profile.

First try a system restore to see if can recover the user profile.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

If system restore fails to load while in windows or you get errors, try it from the recovery environment http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial142.html
Here is another solution to try if SR fails to work for you, it shows you how to create a new user account, then log into the new account and copy your old profile over to the new account. This article is for XP but the process is the same for Vista. See "Moving to a new user profile"

http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2004/12/15/get-it-done-recover-a-damaged-windows-xp-user-profile/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.856413/
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a Dell laptop that has Windows Vista. Received the below message after I typed in my password for the adminstrator account

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

I went into Safe Mode and was able to get to the desktop of the laptop. I attempted to go to administrative tools to try and add a new user account but I don't see an option for that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Nancy

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Here is the Microsoft support article for that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1139197/
Relevancy 95.46%

I would like to create a new user and migrate all data settings etc from an existing user to the new user on the same computer Reason is some conflicting names between some computers on the same network and a Windows Home Server I tried changing the name of the user but that doens t change the name of the profile That created some confusion with Remote Desktop Seems that even though I changed the user name I had to log on via Remote Desktop using the old user name I ve read about a method of creating profile Premium to migrate to profile? Vista new How old Home user user the new user logging on then off logging on as the old user and just copying all the files How to migrate old user profile to new user profile? Vista Home Premium from one user to the other after turning on show system and hidden files etc That doesn t migrate any settings I wouldn t think only files And another problem is there isn t enough hdd space to copy the profile not sure what to do other than get a larger hdd which I could do if totally needed I looked at the USMT a little but it looked like a lot of work for what I was doing I ve also seen a step method by Joshua Mouch which still involved copying the files Is there a way to just change the user name and then change the profile name that coincided with that user That way no files are copied or moved just changing the How to migrate old user profile to new user profile? Vista Home Premium profile name associated with that user edit I just found this does How to migrate old user profile to new user profile? Vista Home Premium this really work That s all I want to do change the user name and have that profile name match the user name Delete or rename the profile folder under the users profile folder location locate the key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList and remove the subkey that contains the reference to the profile in question reboot and login as the user this will create a new profile instance Thanks Monte nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-migrate-old-user-profile-to-new-user-profile-vista-home-premium.137256/
Relevancy 95.46%

I've searched for about a week now and have not found a solution. I followed the suggestions about the corrupt Profile and the .BAK SID, but neither are my situation.

My SID is fine - I did manage to find a temporary fix. If I delete and recreate the user in Active Directory on the server it fixes the problem. The problem is, I have 300 computers and every morning there are at least 10 - 15 users I must do this to. Not an ideal solution.

We bypassed Vista, so we had no idea that this Microsoft bug existed until last week.

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be load

Hello ! Welcome to SF !

Check this article from Microsoft run the Fixit and see if that help Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

- Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/103765-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi

On my daughters W7 x86 PC the above message is happening when she tries to logon, the PC was set up with two users, I do noyt know if the other user can logon as she is away and we do not know the password.

What can I do to fix this error, all the fixes I can find require the user to logon, which is not happening.

Any ideas on how I can proceed.

Thanks

Daniel

Hello Daniel, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help with fixing this error. The "In Preparation" section at the top will help to get logged into an administrator account to be able to do the rest of the tutorial. If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310351-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 95.46%

i encounter this problem when i try to login my account which is under a domain User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded Will the OU in ad will affected this problem Firstly this machine hostname have the cannot loaded service be logon profile User User profile failed not move to Finance OU But i can login my own account my account has move to Finance OU I try my colleague login User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded id as well His user account was also in the Finance OU but he cannot login he get the user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded This is cause by OU or is it the windows issue User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded i have try to rejoin the domain same problem This is a new machine so i believe the registry fix on the profile list does not help at all i User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded try to copy the default folder under user to my usb and then transfer to the new pc same problem as well anyone have any solution to it

A:User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded

You'd need to ask your IT Adminstrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351792-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I recently tried working with my Sony VAIO Desktop I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows and ever since I did this I have had a few problems keyboard would disable after the W OS Loaded etc I have been working to remedy this problem and others by Profile Profile loaded the failed be Cannot User Logon- User Service cleaning up the hard drive registry memory etc using AVG Antivirus which I recently installed and its family of products updating drivers to Video Controller and Storage Controller which AVG User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded alerted I needed to update in Device Manager I attempted to update the drivers to the two controllers mentioned above and as windows started to search the internet for solutions after - hours I did not get a response and my screen OS became unresponsive so I had to do a cold boot powered off for cycles - standard I rebooted my system this morning to find that once I logged on User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded I got - quot User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded quot press Ok and it sent me back to the Windows SP logon screen again looping Please provide any knowledge on what to do to remedy this issue Thanks in advance User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded Daveq

A:User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded

Hello Daveq, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below should be able to help with this error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379244-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello I am new here I know absolutely nothing about computers so I wasn t even sure where I should post this cannot the failed Service loaded. profile logon. User User be Profile thread Please help I am desperate Here I will explain what the issue is AND what I tried nbsp to do to fix it But I failed Recently I ve had issues with my computer randomly opening a lot of windows on it s own Yesterday I was User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. away and my computer was on and when I came back I saw about new tabs opened and all almost my computer icons seemed to have disappeared I assumed it was just some computer mistake because no way everything go deleted on its own So I restarted it When I restarted it I got the message from the title- quot User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be found quot I don t wanna take User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. it to a quot professional quot to get it fixed because I don t trust any people here in my city- whenever I did that they deleted ALL my files And I have some EXTREMELY important files in this computer that I wish I had saved on USB but I haven t so I definitely can t lose them I just never thought anything will go wrong with this computer as it worked pretty much perfectly So anyway I decided to try to fix it on my own despite that I admittedly know nothing about computers I read that this issue is fairly easy to fix So I found tutorials and forums where people say you should press f and it will take you to quot safe boot quot mode I did this and the first times nothing happened- and third time something did happen but NOT what they said I got options with numbers and letters and third option saying quot enter setup quot Obviously this was Chinese to me but I knew it s not supposed to be that way I saw some people had the similar issue and someone suggested that I press ESC so I did The next thing that happened was that it opened quot ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility - Advanced mode quot and it had parts- Main Al Tweaker Advanced Monitor Boot Tool All I knew was that from what I read I was supposed to activate quot safe boot quot in order to access computer properly but when I clicked under quot Boot quot I didn t see safe or secure mode anywhere I don t know what to do Please help as I m seriously desperate I will gladly tell you any further info and detail about anything else that I can see on my computer under any of these options I just really need this fixed and I d really appreciate it if anyone was patient enough to tell me what to do step by step Thank you so much in advance

A:User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

You can try to fix with Safe Mode - repeatedly tap F8 as you boot up.It may take two or three tries to start the safe mode.Continue with Safe mode and user the Administrator login.Are you able to get into the computer with Safe mode as the Administrator? **** In this context administrator is the name of a hidden account used in safe mode. Normally you would not have to use this account. It can be used to repair or create user accounts.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158181.0.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi nbsp I have a very annoying problem on wireless tablets running windows update nbsp The tablets boot nice and fast approx - seconds to the failed be User cannot User Profile profile loaded the sign-in. Service ctrl alt del screen nbsp However the network mandatory profiles used by students do not work for another seconds after that nbsp For the first seconds or so after ctrl alt del shows up they get the error message quot User Profile Service Failed the sign-in nbsp User User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded profile cannot be loaded quot nbsp After that they will login just fine nbsp We've looked at procmon bootlogs and it shows BADNETWORKPATH the first couple of times you try to call the network path to the mandatory profile nbsp We have tired setting various Group Policy Objects to force them to wait for the network based on various other posts on this nbsp and User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded other sites nbsp Always wait for the network Wait for group policy processing wait User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded for network timeout etc nbsp None of them seem to make any difference nbsp Can somebody explain to me how to resolve this issue nbsp Cheers Da'flibble

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/39e43c19-92a8-4d5c-9ec1-8d8c5d94df00/user-profile-service-failed-the-signin-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 95.46%

Hey Guys so this happened to my laptop the other day and I have only got round to fixing it now, I tried a few options like editing the .bak files etc with no luck so I recovered what I could and just deleted the user profile an that seemed to of fixed the issue.

I was just wondering if their is anyway to delete the data off the old user user profile without having to format the hard drive. As its still taking up space on my hard drive even though the profile is deleted.

Many thanks in advance

Damian

Hello Damian, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Since you have already deleted the user account through the Control Panel, you should be able to just delete C:\Users\(user-name) folder for the old user account while logged in the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293696-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi, at windows start i get the message "The User Profile Service failed to logon. User profile cannot be loaded". There was no known activity last time system was up and running and it was shut down normal.

The desctop(HP) was delivered some years ago with V7 installed, ONE personal userID with admin auth. was created. Then a System repair disc was created.

What is the safest and simplest way(if any) to fix this problem and maintain the user data?(I did see support strings about this problem but they seem very complicated and confusing to me)

1. Shoud I restart system some functional key to get into safe mode or use the System repair disc and then what option?

2. Should I then logon to the default accountID(not known to me), and restore system to older backup point or shoud I try to repair the personal UserId?

Please advice

Hej Stene, v?lkommen till Seven Forums .

See this tutorial for fix: User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334619-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have literally tried every solution found online and NOTHING seems to work nbsp Our environment Windows server domain controller Windows Pro x bit PC's nbsp Trying to login as a domain user and get the error quot User Profile Service failed the logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded quot nbsp I can only login with the domain Administrator Service User the profile cannot User Profile be loaded. failed logon. account or the local administrator account nbsp We are NOT using Roaming profiles nbsp The application event logs do have event error and event warning see screenshot below What I have tried Microsoft FixIT Tried editing the SID's out of the registry manually per KB http support microsoft com kb Deleted all domain user profiles from machine Removed PC from domain and rejoined Deleted user account from Active Directory and recreated Verified GPO was not configured to quot allow users to logon with temporary profiles quot SFC scannow Fresh install of Windows Pro Live Essentials nbsp was User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. never nbsp installed some forums referred to the sqm file fron event ID possible relating to an issue with Live Essentials Google update was never installed nbsp remember seeing it referred to in a forum as well nbsp I am now out of ideas nbsp This has been an ongoing issue for about a month and I am finally admitting defeat nbsp This is my last effort to get help before breaking down and paying the to Microsoft to help resolve it PLEASE HELP Thanks Phillip

A:User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Phillip,

I would like to verify whether the issue only occurs on special Windows 7 computer or on all Windows 7 computers.

I suggest checking the permission of the user profile folders and Default folder. Make sure the users has full control of their profile folders.

Meanwhile, ensure the users are the owner of the C:\Users\theirname\NTUSER.dat. Also, please put NTUSER.dat in the security software exclusion
list for testing.

Please also post in Server Forum to get more assistance.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/threads

Best Regards,
NikiPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd6f6995-a683-49de-af35-329a09b4a6f1/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 95.46%

lately when i try to turn on the Guest user ( its my first time to turn on it)
then when i try to log on using guest i encounter a error message?
the user profile service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded , i already try to make another user but the message or error is still appearing ,

but my main user is working im just worried about this and i already try some solution here but its not working

im using Windows 7 , thank you in advance !

A:The User Profile Service Failed to Logon User Profile Cannot be loaded

Hello John,

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help fix this for you. User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
If not, then I'd recommend to turn off the Guest account, delete any 501 key below found for the C:\Users\Guest account at the same registry location in the tutorial above, delete the C:\Users\Guest folder, and restart the computer. This will give you a fresh start with the Guest account as if you never turned it on.

S-1-5-21-4087885203-1817915059-2930943868-501

or

S-1-5-21-4087885203-1817915059-2930943868-501.bak

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223305-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 93.31%

First time poster but I think I've done my homework on this issue This issue has similar symptoms to a problem with vista http www vistax com tutorials -user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded htmlHowever it is longer data at any User Service creating log Profile username failed service other on: Apparently than profile W7 picture. and is no W7: user definitely not the same issue see further Current Config HP dv - W RC x Last update up to date as of installed succesfully and should be unrelated to this issue not verified yet by a pre-update W7: User Profile Service service failed at log on: Apparently W7 is no longer creating any user profile data other than username and picture. restore Running with Admin account while diagnosing troubleshooting Currently have two working accounts one standard one admin Symptom New user accounts cannot be logged into On an attempted login to the new account the following information is displayed on the login screen quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot Windows then logs off the operator and returns to the initial user selection screen All other aspects of use are normal Current Diagnostics First attempts to resolve this problem were to recreate the new account This was attempted when logged in as both Standard and Admin This was also attempted under safe mode This has been attempted with virus protection disabled All to no difference in the symptom The similarity to the Vista issue linked above caused me to check the registry entry under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList for the new profile as suggested by that link Unlike that issue there simply is no entry for the new user Examination of the new log entries from creation of account to attempted log in provides the following entries Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Information PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt Profiles gt failed a notification event Information PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt Sens gt failed a notification event Error PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service None quot Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded Check that you are connected to the network and that your network is functioning correctly DETAIL - Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed quot Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles General None quot Windows cannot copy file C Users Default AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm to location C Users TEMP AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights DETAIL - Access is denied quot Error PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service None Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles General None quot Windows cannot copy file C Users Default AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm to location C Users New Username AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights DETAIL - Access is denied quot Naturally I started with the earliest error first and decided to look to see what is going on The file that is trying to be copied is there but the destination folder does not exist As near as I can tell whatever process the User Profiles General Service is trying to perform the copy does not have sufficient access to perform the operatio... Read more

A:W7: User Profile Service service failed at log on: Apparently W7 is no longer creating any user profile data other than username and picture.

It could be this version  error "User profile service..." http://www.brooks-bilson.com/blogs/rob/index.cfm/2009/1/5/Fix-for-Vistas-The-User-Profile-Service-service-failed-the-logon-User-profile-cannot-be-loaded
Great find Flav!While I didn't resolve or have the exact issue 'Brooks-bilson's had, one of the comments on this blog entry (http://www.brooks-bilson.com/blogs/rob/index.cfm/2009/1/5/Fix-for-Vistas-The-User-Profile-Service-service-failed-the-logon-User-profile-cannot-be-loaded#c42AB7AE6-0B26-9AF4-6DB3C7B226C688B4) did have a comment that worked.First I renamed the file "\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\SqmApi\SqmData720896_00.sqm" to \Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\SqmApi\SqmData720896_00.sqm.bakInterestingly, this failed (bolded to help skimming folks).  However, actually moving the file out of the directory (effectively deleting it) did work.  This file was definately related to the problem, but exactly why W7 wasn't able to copy this (such as insufficient permissions or too long name error) is still unresolved.A little bit of information about the process Vista (and presumedly W7) goes through is well laid out in the referenced blog, and I recommend it for education.Unless it pops up again, I'm considering this issue closed and won't be monitoring it.  I hope everyone dealing with this W7 issue finds this helpful.Thanks again, Flav, for the find.D

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb56130c-40f6-4bd8-a833-0a1b0891e5af/w7-user-profile-service-service-failed-at-log-on-apparently-w7-is-no-longer-creating-any-user?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 92.88%

Its my friends comp im trying to fix it 4 him but im stuck

A:the user profile service failed user profile cannot be loaded

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/130095-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html

fixed it using this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358527/the-user-profile-service-failed-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello
we had a windows server 2008 Domain network.
now we have deployed a brand new windows server 2012 R2 forest.
so we must disjoin client computers from previous domain and join them to this new domain.
when users of this new domain login to their computers, new profile folder is created for them (e.g. c:\users\u1.newdomain.lab, but this folder definitely doesn't contain their previous profile folder contents (desktop, documents, App data....)
what is the best solution to migrate user profiles from each previous user to related new user without any problem ?
i tried copying the entire profile folder of each user & replace it on the profile folder new user, but some problem arises, when this new user tries to login using this replaced profile folder.
i am not sure is it right forum to ask user profile related question?
thanks in advanced

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3bcd33cb-019c-49e9-8664-610a0f7437cc/replacing-previous-user-profile-on-new-user-profile-folder?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello I have a problem with my windowsc profile When I enter my password I get I message saying The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loaded I have Google how to fix it and the fix seems to be boot into safe mode by pressing f or f but I have tried this and I don't get any menu it just loads to the windows Logon screen So I can't seem to load safe mode is there anything can User not The profile user logon help!! profile the failed be loade else I can try I do still have my windows disk used to install windows onto the PC from around months ago If that can be of any help I still have a lot of data on the PC that is help!! The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loade not backed up so I don't want to wipe the internal HDD Is there any way I can copy my files to my external HDD as I really don't want to Lose them My PC is an Acer xc- thank you

A:help!! The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loade

Hello Blade, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below to see if it may be able to help you sort this error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376342-help-user-profile-failed-logon-user-profile-can-not-loade.html
Relevancy 92.88%

The user profile service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded in Windows 10.

I created a local account in Windows 10 and when I login I get that error. My laptop came preinstalled with Windows 10 and was not upgraded.

There is no folder being created for the User and no registry data either.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58065-user-profile-service-failed-sign-user-profile-cannot-loa.html
Relevancy 90.73%

the netbook with windows im using is working fine this seems to be something ive done myself I got this netbook from a friend and he had a account on it so I turned on the guest account and gave it admin perms and then deleted his account now the only account in the creation user problem system is the guest account and the system isn't letting me make my profile when using the guest account its not that it says I don't have permission its a error code x saying that it couldn't create the profile just before that it says it cant reach connect to the internet even though im clearly connected I use Verizon with fios wifi the best you can get and I live in FL which has fine connection the router is about ft away and it has a max range of ft so I don't understand why its not working please help I also have pictures which I will link below netbook tech support file - Album on Imgur thanks and hope to hear something soon -Ghost

A:user creation problem

my pc is a : HP Stream - 13-c020nr Laptop

here is a link to its info page on the official site.

- HP Stream Notebook - 13-c020nr (ENERGY STAR) | HP? Official Store

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/user-creation-problem-964529.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have been trying to create a new user for my computer and it won't allow me. I have read some of the posts and tried what I could but most were about the same advice and some of them were too technical for me. Could someone chat with me so I can create one??

JD

A:User Account Creation Problem

Hi Mystman414 and welcome to Vista Forums

What error message are you getting when you try to create a new account? Is the account that you are using when you try to create the new account an administrator account?
See the following Tutorial: User Account - Create

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/210874-user-account-creation-problem.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I can't log into my Dell.  I only have one user account, jmanzi.  When I ener password and click enter, I get an error saying

"The user profile service serice failed the logon.  User Profile cannot be loaded."
I tried logging into safe mode, but I don't know how to get the safe mode menu.  My dell is running Windows Vista 64 HOME edition. 
Please help
Thanks

A:"The User Profile Service service failed the login, User Profile cannot be loaded

Hi JManzi,
Please run the diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.
You may also refer to the video on the link http://dell.to/1hrt2P4  for more information.

You may refer to the link http://dell.to/1bV0cp4 for steps on how to navigate to safe mode in windows vista.
Once you are logged on to safe mode, log on to the administrator account. Please perform the steps given on this link http://dell.to/1eIaCdi.
Hope this helps!
Keep me posted with the results. I’ll be glad to assist.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19529240
Relevancy 89.44%

when i switch on the lenovo laptop win 7 the user profile service service failed the logon user profile canot be loaded what to do how to solv the problem ican,t login to laptop

A:user profile service service failed the logon user profile canot be loaded

I receive error message: The user profile service failed the - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-canot-be-loaded-572201.html
Relevancy 89.44%

The thread title is a problem that I've been having while trying to create a new profile for work on my laptop. This is the error message that happens every time I try to log into this profile. All the help I've been able to find online has involved old profiles having this error, but I'm only getting this error with newly created profiles. The regedit solution that the windows site gives doesn't work because my computer isn't creating a path in the registry to that user account apparently, and I honestly have no idea how to fix this.

A:"user profile cannot be loaded user profile service failed the logon"

Hello iluvme4never, welcome to Seven Forums!

Start by having a look at this tutorial at the link below.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/163761-user-profile-cannot-loaded-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 89.01%

hi please help me out,The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loaded aspire 5740

A:The user profile failed the logon User profile can...

have you signed in with a microsoft account? is so, try changing your profile icon on http://microsotft.com

If I solved your problem, please click "accept as solution." If you found my post helpful, please click Kudos. it only takes a second, and I would really appreciate it! Thanks!-PMiner

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/The-user-profile-failed-the-logon-User-profile-can-not-be-loaded/td-p/460169
Relevancy 89.01%
Relevancy 89.01%

When I am logged in as admin or logged into my sons user account I can access the internet. When I am logged into my husbands user profile I cannot access the internet. It was working before. I am slightly computer stupid so please talk easy to me! :)

A:Internet on admin & 1 user profile but not on other user profile

It tells me "The proxy server is refusing connections" ????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-on-admin-and-1-user-profile-but-not-on-other-user-profile-446646.html
Relevancy 89.01%
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi Am in a bit of a quandary here I am experimenting on a new Windows build and using a domain account I copied it to make a quot new quot default user folder Now when I try and The Login/User the User Prof. be loaded Failed cannot Profile Service login using a domain users account I get the following message The User Profile Service Failed the Login User Profile cannot be loaded I was able to logon using The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded a domain users account before I created a The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded new default user folder I did take an extra precaution by renaming the old default user folder and I thought I'd be The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded quot good quot by deleting the new default user folder - and renaming the old default user folder to what it was BUT I still get the error message I am doing this via RDP but the domain users account does have remote desktop access via the local security group remote desktop etc Anybody out there that can PLEASE help me out Adrian

A:The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded

rookie mistake (or lack of sleep ) I was naming the Default folder "Default User" !!! Yo soy idiot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214282-user-profile-service-failed-login-user-prof-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 89.01%

When I login to windows (7, Ultimate x64) on most profiles (created a new one, affected, logged into my admin account, 1 of 2 user accounts, a clean one for lightweight surfing with no load time for all 3rd party s/w) and my monitor goes from extended (blank) (1920x1080) to ... looking like it has a FAT black border (on secondary monitor).

Also some issues with network adapter connecting and mounted volumes attaching (instead of being instantaneous they take minutes) event viewer doesn't mention anything significant... any ideas?

Interestingly, I can't open Intel's CPanel (desktop context > Graphics Properties) (gfxui.exe) on other profiles.. will get details

A:User Profile Corruption/RegIssues? How to monitor windows (user login)

Sounds to me like something in one or more of the user profiles has gotten corrupted. you might have to delete one or more user accounts and then re create those accounts which should hopefully fix the corruption issue. I know u might not want to do that; but at this point i dont see any other choice to fix the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325836-user-profile-corruption-regissues-how-monitor-windows-user-login.html
Relevancy 89.01%
Relevancy 89.01%

an acount on my computer will not load. it says the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded. ive seen other questions like this and they said to make a new acount. i tried that multiple times and it says the same thing for each new acount that i make. the other 4 acounts are fine

A:the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded.

If your newly created accounts can't log on, then it is time to check for something else.

In case there is hard drive corruption, I would check the hard drive. Right click on Drive C and choose Properties, > Tools tab > Check Now. The machine will need to reboot for the check to begin. See if the check reports of any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-proflile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded.1117371/
Relevancy 89.01%

I changed the values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList in order to move the default user locations to my second partition. I then created a new user profile but when I try to login I get the message 'The User Profile Service failed the login'. When I set these values back to normal, new accounts work fine but I really want my user accounts on the second partition.
What can I do about this?

A:'User Profile Service failed' when changing default user location

I have done this on another computer with success - perhaps I am missing a step out?
The string values (apart from programdata) were changed to E:\..... instead of %systemdrive%\.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-failed-when-changing-default-user-location.992872/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi all We are having a real issue with local profiles user profile service on our domain Our staff accounts are using local profiles When a staff member changes their password something is happening to their profiles on the machines that their local profile is stored When they try to login the machine is getting stuck at quot Please wait for the user profile service quot It never continues we have left for mins or more and profiles, hanging issue service Big profile and user user's changing :( password local with it doesn't continue We are currently having to use delprof to remove their profiles from ALL machines they have previously logged into which is a lot of hassle nbsp We first noticed this issue when we upgraded our workstations from windows to windows nbsp I was hoping that upgrading to windows would fix the issue but sadly it doesn't This is causing us major hassle on our domain It only affects people with Big issue with user's local profiles, changing password and hanging user profile service :( local profiles our students use mandatory profiles and they are not affected Our DCs are R nbsp I have trawled google but cannot find any information on this At our yearly microsoft meeting i asked our regional account manager and he couldn't believe the issue He had never heard anything like this before From the event log the only thing i can see is that it is not finishing the load of the user profile nbsp Under user profile service events it shows this Event Recieved user logon notification on session Event Registry file C Users USERNAME ntuser dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Event Logon type Regular nbsp Local profile location C Users USERNAME nbsp Profile type Regular Event Registry file C Users USERNAME AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Classes Event This is where it get stucks But then it does not show the final step Event should be Finished processing user logon notification on session No other events are logged We hadn't changed any GPOs before the upgrade to windows Any help would be greatly welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1bc82ef5-71cf-438e-b223-d7aa88ea8de4/big-issue-with-users-local-profiles-changing-password-and-hanging-user-profile-service-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I've been experiencing very slow logins for one particular AD user The User Profile Service operational log shows that the task called quot Disable background user hive upload task quot takes over three minutes to complete This only happens for hive upload Profile wait task - succeeded. User Service Disable background for Please user this one user Usually the login process takes about seconds and quot Disabling background user hive upload quot takes seconds I deleted the user's profile and had Windows recreate it again but the exact same problem occurs Time -- Event ID nbsp Received user logon notification on session Time -- Event ID nbsp Starting synchronize profile from lt Please wait for User Profile Service - Disable background user hive upload task succeeded. profile gt v to C users lt profile gt Time -- Event ID nbsp Finished Synchronize profile nbsp from lt profile gt v Result The operation completed successfully Time -- Event ID nbsp Registry file C Users username ntuser dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Time -- Event ID nbsp Registry file C Users username AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Classes Time -- Event ID Disable background user hive upload task succeeded Time -- Event ID nbsp Finished processing user logon notification on session nbsp Any idea why disabling the backgroung user hive takes over minutes Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c351bddd-1d55-4a9b-99bc-9a23bab8a61b/please-wait-for-user-profile-service-disable-background-user-hive-upload-task-succeeded?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 88.58%

I need to add another standard user. I have one admin account and one standard user.

After adding the second standard account name and password on Control Panel
I get the confirmation that the new user can now sign in.

However,I get this famous message that the profile service cannot open.

I looked into C:users and find
Default.migrated
Public
Administrator
First standard user

But not the newly created user account. Nor can I find it in the Registry ProfileService.

Why does Window lye to me saying the new user account is available but it did not create it?

A:Added user account Windows does not create user profile

Did you sign out of your account and then try to sign in to the new one?
The new user folder won't be created until you sign in and set up the account.

User Account - Add a New User in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41690-added-user-account-windows-does-not-create-user-profile.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi! I'm using a Neo netbook, running Windows Ultimate 32-bit. I found out that my user profile got corrupted after a forced shut down (the battery doesn't work and the power went out causing it to shut down). The Welcome screen goes on for minutes, then "Preparing Your Desktop" appears and when it finally starts, Windows says that I've logged on with a temporary profile and that files will be deleted when I log off. Of course I've searched about this on the web and tried the REGEDIT method wherein I renamed the .bak file or something. I also tried making a new user profile, but the problem is, the new user that I created also seemed to be temporary, like, when I save a file, it will disappear after a reboot. Does anyone know any other method to fix this? Thank you in advance!

A:Preparing Your Desktop User profile corrupted, TEMP User

This looks like the same or similar problem as here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ed-hidden.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/332536-preparing-your-desktop-user-profile-corrupted-temp-user.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Upgraded from Windows to Windows some months ago Original profile did not require password to log in and was not associated with a Google email or Microsoft account that I know of I added a user a couple of days ago added a personal account of mine with my own password from my laptop because software problem said try another user and this laptop computer didn't have any other users So I added one That was a mistake After I quot added a user quot I could ONLY log on the computer with the NEW user The old one the profile all the Added original User, user profile & / disappeared settings settings the playlists everything was gone Like it never existed There was and is no option to log on as the original The computer became an extension of my laptop with zero other option I had to add a third user and give it admin capabilities just to remove my laptop profile which I didn't really want on this computer I was just adding a user to quot try another user quot with a software problem But all my original settings seem gone I can see additional users in Windows Media Player for instance but it says I need permission to access those Since it is impossible to log on as any other user except this latest and third user I can't give myself permission to access those old playlists Adding a user should come with a warning If anyone has any ideas where I can recover the old settings I'd be grateful The threads I've seen around the web and here have directed to Windows workarounds which do not work for my machine

A:Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

It might be worth finding out all the users that are associated with your PC. To do this open a command prompt (right click on the Start button) and then type in the following command wmic useraccount list full

This will display all users on your system (including hidden ones) and if you paste the results here we can determine which accounts are still present. If you want to see more details of this process look in the tutorial: User Account Details - View in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56470-added-user-original-user-profile-settings-disappeared.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I will give as best description of what happened and what I have tried so far - I allowed Windows to do an update and restart yesterday evening - User be User upon login profile - Service loaded ERROR cannot When the computer started back up as usual it asked me to enter my password Unfortunately the message that comes after reads The User Service service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded and my only option I to click OK and return to the password-entry page - I have tried multiple ways to enter safe mode by first holding Shift Restart in the lower right of the password-entry page then Troubleshoot Advanced options Startup Settings selecting option Enable Safe Mode And it just takes me back to that dang password-entry page - Next I tried System Restore Attempt User Service ERROR upon login - User profile cannot be loaded - I set the restore point to the most current before the Windows Update I did the night before - the User Service ERROR upon login - User profile cannot be loaded restore only runs about min before showing an error System Restore failed while scanning the file system on the drive C The drive might be corrupt You might want to retry System Restore after running cchdsk R on this disk An unspecified error occurred during System Restore - x - System Restore Attempt - User Service ERROR upon login - User profile cannot be loaded This time I checked the box for Show more restore points and selected the farthest back restore point with Description Automatic Restore Point Type System This process ran for much longer probably somewhere between - min Unfortunately the process failed again but the message was different saying System Restore could not access a file This is probably because an anti-virus program is running on the computer Temporarily disable your antivirus program and retry System Restore An unspecified error occurred during System Restore - x This is where I get stuck I cannot get into Windows to turn off any anti-virus program that may be running I'm also not sure if that is even the problem because I was reading other postings about getting in via safe mode and manually changing some user info or something that may have been damaged during the update it was quite technical and since I couldn't even get into safe mode I did not pursue l the steps in any detail

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593469/user-service-error-upon-login-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a rebuilt HP system model HP compaq dc sm form factor with Vista business bit GB and TB HD's it only came with the and we have lots of music vids etc AMD Athlon x Dual Core proc GHz GB ram standard cd-rom ATI Radeon XPress and ATI Radeon Xpress secondary This is only for quick specs Right now all user accts have the same quot user profile service service failed the logon quot message I've read everything I could find here and at Microsoft's support forum First of all I tried booting in everyway possible from f and the only way I profile user fail user have accts service login All can logon in any way shape or form is in safemode with command prompt Great fine I went All user accts have user profile service fail login to All user accts have user profile service fail login regedit and followed the path HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList and all of our user profiles in the S- - lines have bak at the end of the string of numbers In control panel I can only access the user acct I logged on with in safe mode and it will not let me create a new user acct So how can I create and log on with a working acct and fix our quot bad quot accts I also tried enabling the built in administrator account with command prompt and my pc hated that idea too I'm pretty sure I shouldn't delete all the s 's with bak and the end of the user accts are admin and is a standard One of the administrators is supposed to be for problems only as my son used to have a bad habit of not scanning his dl's for viruses or not remembering what the pc error message was I hate when he says quot I don't know quot So right now I'm at a loss as what my next step should be I do know why I have this horrible problem from reading other's posts was because of copying the user data to the external HD which is my next nightmare So help and thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-user-accts-have-user-profile-service-fail-login-624280.html
Relevancy 88.58%

My user profile became corrupted after years of problem-free usage no clue why so now I to (after new user copy user profile Cannot data ) folder corrupted always end up in a temporary account after a reboot As per Microsoft's instructions I found here Fix a corrupted user profile - Windows Help I created a new account logged out and logged in again using another account Cannot copy user data to new user folder (after profile corrupted ) not the newly created one tried to copy the data from the account that had its user profile corrupted to the new account However under C Users the user folder I want to copy from is a white generic icon not a folder and it Cannot copy user data to new user folder (after profile corrupted ) is padlocked and has a size of KB - so I can't open it to copy from Looking at how much data is on C it looks as if all my data could still be there I hope How could I get access to copy all data from my old account into the new account Many thanks in advance for some hints as to what to do

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380166-cannot-copy-user-data-new-user-folder-after-profile-corrupted.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I have two computers my desktop which I am on right now and a User to received when profile I the The Today Service service cannot logon to attempted be faileld my laptop loaded. msg: I Profile User Logon. HP laptop with Windows Home Professional I have two accounts set up on it nbsp One in my name and Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. I am Admin and one in my son's name with just basic user priviledges Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. nbsp Yesterday I had been signed on the laptop under my profile and switched users to his account nbsp Last night when we logged off I logged him off first Then attempted to log me off when the message came up quot another user is connected quot nbsp Today when I tried to log in as myself I received quot The User Profile Service service failed the Logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded I can't get in to restore because my Admin password my login failed nbsp I tried coming up in safe mode but still can't get past the admin password nbsp How do I fix this nbsp The way it stands now I can't do anything other than surf nbsp Can't add programs can't uninstall etc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad0180d8-821f-4c8f-af79-29fefe3a8894/today-when-i-attempted-to-logon-to-my-laptop-i-received-msg-the-user-profile-service-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 87.72%

I'm creating a new user profile and I want to have the same settings as an existing user account (desktop environment, etc.). Is there an easy way to just copy these old settings from the existing user account or must they all be manually netered and configured again for the new user account?

Relevancy 87.72%

I am trying to add a second account to my machine and whether I try a Local or Microsoft account I get the same quot User Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot profile failed) (user service New login user cannot be loaded quot error every time I try to sign in for the first time I've Googled this a bit and it seems everything I've found yet except one has been with logging in to existing profiles For the one that was with a new profile the solution didn't work I tried deleting all files similar to the specified one file in C Users Default AppData Local Microsoft VSCommon SQM with name of quot sqmdata- - - sqm quot but that had no effect I'm guessing this is because I have VS installed as this happens with my laptop as well I don't want to delete my profile I have important and large data in my documents folder that I don't want to lose I'm guessing this will have to do New user cannot login (user profile service failed) with messing with the registry but I don't know where to begin Anyone have any ideas

A:New user cannot login (user profile service failed)

User Profile Service failed the sign-in - Fix in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47465-new-user-cannot-login-user-profile-service-failed.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello all This is my first post I am looking forward to getting involved with the community here As the title says I cannot log into my Windows computer and I get the error message quot The user profile service failed the sign in User profile cannot be loaded quot This appears to be a common problem from the searching around I have done however none of what I could find addressed my particular issue The setup I have on my desktop is a SSD boot drive with Windows and a HDD data drive When first installing windows I cannot folder other User on drive profile loaded, be user followed this tutorial to move the user User profile cannot be loaded, user folder on other drive folder to the larger data drive It has been working fine for nearly User profile cannot be loaded, user folder on other drive years I purchased an additional SSD with the aim to setup a RAID to increase the capacity of the boot drive need more programs During installation I was doing a bit of debugging work and booted up the computer without the data drive where my user profile is and I received the aforementioned error After shutting down and rebooting with the original setup of drives Boot drive and data drive I am still getting the error What I can only assume is when attempting to login only using the boot drive it created a temporary user profile that it is now trying to load and is no longer pointing to the data drive even after replacing it Hopefully someone will be able to help me out Many thanks in advance Josh

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/70313-user-profile-cannot-loaded-user-folder-other-drive.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I am a lab technician for Microsoft classes at a community college One of our students somehow messed up his hard drive The computer is running Windows Enterprise SP -bit The system has two administrator accounts and one not accounts No profile but user to created able logon User - standard user account I am still able to logon with those accounts and there are SID keys for each of these users in the registry Now when we create a new user the account is created without any problems The user shows up on the logon page and after running the net user command it shows up there as well When I try to logon with the new user I get a message The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded None of the new user accounts show up in the registry The other anomaly that I see is that the Default User folder is missing in each of the Users subdirectory for the three accounts where I have no problems I have read the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article and none of the methods apply to my problem I also checked Local Group Policies and the Do not logon users with temporary profiles setting is not configured I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has this problem

A:User accounts created but not able to logon - No user profile

Pixel, welcome to Sevenforums!

Have you tried a system restore yet? select a point before the problem began: System Restore
Try a repair install: Repair Install
Important! Read the warning box in the tutorials just in case they effect the user or your class
Credits: Both tutorials created by Brink

Let me know which of these tutorials you are able to do, and if they correct the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214748-user-accounts-created-but-not-able-logon-no-user-profile.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a very bad problem with my PC. It started yesterday and the vista system repair came up and scanned my computer. When it finished I clicked finish and my PC restarted then it did it again..and again...and again.
Then I went into safe mode and virus scanned everything but came up with nothing. So I restarted my PC and it said The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. So I clicked ok then my user account came up somehow. I clicked it and it took me to desktop except that half of my programs were gone and like nothing worked, all my documents, downloads, pictures were all gone. I can't do anything on that computer, can anyone help please??(I have googled it but none of the solutions work so I want to find an answer specific to my problem)

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Originally Posted by Th3KaNgSt3R

Do you have a backup to restore from? have you run system file checker (sfc /scannow)? could you tell us about your system by putting your system specs (lower left corner) so that we know what kind of hardware you have

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244550-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 87.29%

quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot Is the error message i get when i try to log in to either my admin user or the one other account on the computer As the problem is happening with both accounts i have no way to access the computer in order to fix the problem in the ways so many people have done I was reading something about a way to enable the quot Hidden Built-In Administrator Account quot via a control prompt which i might be able to use to log in and fix the service Service be logon. The loaded Profile User cannot the User failed profile problems im having but i dont know how to bring up a control prompt window without loging into one of the accounts which The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded i cannot log into Essentually im trying to find a way of gaining access to my computer again without wiping the files on it The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded it would be a pitty to lose all the information on the computer if i dont have to - so im hoping someone might be able to walk me through the fixing process i need to undertake if it is possible to solve these problems without wiping everything and starting from scratch on a blank computer Any help would be greatly appreciated as i cant find anything on this specific issue most people seem to be able to log into at least one user still but i cannot use any of the users on my computer its driving me nuts having to borrow other peoples laptops etc in the meantime so again any help would be muchly appreciated Thanks

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Hello Yeti, and welcome to Vista Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to fix this error. The STEP ONE section will help show you how to boot into the built-in Administrator account through Safe Mode.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293075-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I'm receiving the following error message and cannot get into my pc. Please help!!
User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

A:User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

is it the only login account u have in your pc ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1115181/
Relevancy 87.29%

I got a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with Windows 7 a couple of weeks ago and it has worked fine. But now whenever I try to enter my password to log in the message "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." comes up and pressing OK just takes me back to the log on screen. The profile is the SysAdmin and is the only profile on the computer.

Also, when I press F8 at start up there is no option for safe mode or anything - instead the window reads "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause..." and my only option is to launch startup repair (or start windows normally). Running this repair runs the system restore although after finishing the system restore the problem is still there.

Thanks, Quaidheizer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-449140.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello everyone I need your help as I cannot access my admin user profile failed logon. loade cannot the User service Service be Profile "The User I have windows and I have the current situation I am able to start my pc and reach the place where I can see my users' account but I can login only to one of them To the others I had the message on the title The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded I had read this topic and "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loade so I will write down here the content of the frst txt ask me any missing information Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-RRT B I on - - Running from G Platform Windows Professional X OS Language Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loade mode to create a "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loade complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run AVG TRAY gt C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o HKLM Run SweetIM gt C Program Files SweetIM Messenger SweetIM exe - - SweetIM Technologies Ltd HKLM Run Browser companion helper gt C Program Files BrowserCompanion BCHelper exe - - Blabbers Communications LTD HKLM Run vProt gt C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe - - HKLM Run eTMonitor gt C Program Files Aladdin eToken PKIClient x PKIMonitor exe - - Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd HKLM Run EEventManager gt C Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION HKU Dimitra Run Facebook Update gt C Users Dimitra AppData Local Facebook Update FacebookUpdate exe - - Facebook Inc HKU nikos Run msnmsgr gt C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU nikos Run Facebook Update gt C Users nikos AppData Local Facebook Update FacebookUpdate exe - - Facebook Inc HKU nikos Run Skype gt C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe - - Skype Technologies S A HKU nikos Run Brother DCP- C gt C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X E FATIHLE EXE - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION HKU UpdatusUser Run AVG-Secure-Search-Update JUNE TB gt C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG-Secure-Search-Update JUNE TB exe - - AVG Secure Search HKU UpdatusUser Run AVG-Secure-Search-Update JUNE HP gt C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG-Secure-Search-Update JUNE HP exe - - AVG Secure Search Startup C Users nikos AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup tbhcn lnk ShortcutTarget tbhcn lnk - gt No File BootExecute autocheck autochk C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe sync restart Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S ABBYY Licensing FineReader Sprint C Program Files Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe - - ABBYY S AVGIDSAgent C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S avgwd C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S c cautoupdatesvc C Program Files Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe - - Microsoft Corporation S c cpnrsvc C Program Files Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe - - Microsoft Corporation S EPSON EB RPCV C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S ST EXE - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION S EPSON PM RPCV C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORA... Read more

A:"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loade

Lets check the disk's configuration.

Please download  Listparts to a flash drive.
 Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

From an Off position in the computer, enter the System Recovery Options.
 To enter the System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Click on  Repair your computer menu item.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
Select Command Prompt
In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
In the command window type e:\ListParts.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\ListParts64.exe)  and press EnterNote: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Put check mark on List BCD.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (Result.txt) in the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549736/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loade/
Relevancy 87.29%

Im completely rubbish with computers.so would really appreciate some help.

I have a dell laptop which uses windows vista and everytime i try to log on to my account this message appaears.

"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Does anyone know how to fix this???

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Hi,

It is possible to fix, however it is slightly tricky. If you have trouble completing any of the following steps feel free to ask for more info.

First, are you able to log in to another administrator account on the affected computer? OR are you able to log in to the affected account and create a new administrator account?

If not then ignore the rest of this post.

If so then follow these steps; at each step make sure you read and understand the entire step:

Go to Control Panel and search for Create a Restore point, open the link and click on the Create button down the bottom right of the window

Follow the instructions to create a restore point.

NOTE: This fix WILL delete EVERYTHING on your Desktop and in your Documents folders. Make sure you back the contents up:
Go to the Hard Drive on your computer that has the most free space and create a new folder called Backup.

Then go to C:\Users\yourname and copy everything into the Backup folder you just created. Check that you can access your documents from the backup folder successfully.

All backed up? Good, now you have to delete your old profile and create a new one:

1. Delete the profile by using the Computer Properties dialog box. To do this, follow these steps:a. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties (on the right hand side of the window).
b. Click Change settings.
c. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
d. Under User Profiles, click Settings.
e. In the User Profiles dialog box, select the profile that you want to delete, click Delete, and then click OK. 2. Click Start, type regedit in the Start search box, and then press ENTER.

3. Locate and then expand the following registry subkey (using the folder icons in the left toolpane): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

4. Right-click the SID that you want to remove (the one you want to remove is the longest one, eg: S-1-5-21-7623811015-3361044348-030300820-1013) and then click Delete. DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE SHORTER SID'S. If there are 2 long SID's then left-click on them and the value for ProfileImagePath in the right side of the window should tell you which SID has the user with the broken profile associated.

5. Log on to the computer and create a new profile.
THEN copy everything back from the Backup folder to C:\Users\New Profile Name

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-473450.html
Relevancy 86%

Yesterday early am I did a Windows update with a total of important updates and optional updates all completed successfully but when system restarted user after gone main for user update profile I got message saying that c user curt profile had problems and a temp profile was used most of the folders and apps I had on desktop were gone so I did a system restore to point previous to the update a lot of the apps came back ok but all of my folders which had spreadsheets or data files are still gone user profile for main user gone after update I know the names of some of them and when I search for them it says that example c user curt desktop smitty hours xlsx shortcut is no longer there same with all of them Tried another system restore back to several days before the issues but still no help Something tells me that I have bit the big one and all of these are gone for good as none of them show up on desktop any longer Am I correct and if so let this be a lesson and don t put files folders on the desktop but rather put them into MyDocs or somewhere else Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO U Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 86%

My goal is to set up permissions on a user account profile to be readable by another user I'm setting up such scheme for an automated backup purpose So say I be to user by user? Set another readable up profile account have two standard user accounts -- User A that is a general user of the system whose data will be backed up And BackupUser that will be doing the backing up I want to set up permissions on the User A's profile folder C Users User A to be readable by BackupUser So I start a cmd as administrator and run the following icacls command icacls quot C Users User A quot t c l q grant DESKTOP- Set up user account profile to be readable by another user? AQNQQ BackupUser RX But it fails with errors of access denied to some folders OK So I downloaded PSEXEC and first run my cmd as SYSTEM hoping to prevent access denied errors PSEXEC -i -s -d CMD and then run the same command from it But it still gives me the same errors So as a result when I try to copy the C Users User A folder from a process running under BackupUser user account it fails with you guessed it quot access denied quot error So what am I doing wrong here PS I'm doing these tests on Windows Pro

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61446-set-up-user-account-profile-readable-another-user.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I've never heard of anything like this happenning before. I just created some XP User Profiles for the other members of my family. I set them all to Limited access. My sister was complaining that she wasn't able to search google. I thought she must have been doing something wrong. I tried too, and when you press enter or click "Google Search", nothing happens. Not even the little click noise.

I tested around a bit, and found that the same problem happens on amazon. You can search, but when you try to click on any of the links, nothing happens. All was fine in Mozilla, though. Telling the rest of my family to use Mozilla won't work. That's not a possability. I even tried searching via the google toolbar, and that won't even work.

The most odd thing about this is that in the origional account, everything works fine. I tried changing the privelages of one of the accounts to "Administrator", but the problem is still present. I don't have a clue why this could be happenning.

Any advice?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-user-profile-problem.198003/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have tried to remove the previous owners information from my computer but when i go to user profile i get the previous owners name. EX. "LOGAN\Mike". I am trying to connect this computer to my home network but I am unable. LOGAN is the name I gave this computer and I guess Mike is the previous owners name. Why is Mike tagged to the new name of the computer?

A:user profile problem

All accounts on the computer are tied to the server.

If you want to delete the original owner of the computer then head to User Accounts in Control Panel delete the account, but before you do make sure you have another account created with administrative rights.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359379/user-profile-problem/
Relevancy 83.85%

Here is my situation:
I installed TweakUI to see what it had to offer but I ended up uninstalling it. I'm not sure what I did but I changed something because the next time I boot up, my user profile is gone. I can still see the folder in C:\documents and settings, but I don't get an option to log in/modify this profile. Is there anything I can do to reapply the settings from this profile? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-re-user-profile-problem.697984/
Relevancy 83.85%

Working on a Gateway laptop that had "The user profile service failed to login". after trying several things I ended up deleting the profile which was the administrator account. I created a new user account but I can't view the original user account files. I would like to access the pictures to backup and then do a clean install "if i can find a vista home premium" CD.
Any help would be appreciated.

I have pulled the hard drive and put it in a docking station but I still can't access the pictures in the deleted admin. account.

A:User profile problem

Hi, well only an administrator can create a new user account so if you deleted the admin account how did you create a new user account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem.1127936/
Relevancy 83.85%

Ok so I have a Win 7 installation where the main account is ok but every existing account and even new accounts have this limitation:

The context menu is messed up, when you right click, you cannot create a new folder etc. it is greyed out.

You cannot pin anything to to the taskbar. The option is there but clicking it, does nothing.

I tried creating new accounts as I figured the existing accounts were corrupted but the same problems happens. This occurs regardless of whether the account is an administrator or standard user.

Aside from those two issues, the profiles seem to behave normally.

Also, I don't think the existing accounts were used beforehand as they were set up due to file sharing as they were set up to share with other users on different PCs. Therefore, not sure how long this problem has existed as I just noticed.

Any troubleshooting ideas are appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem.1153540/
Relevancy 83.85%

i am having problem with windows 7 user profile.
i hav made 2 profiles, main one works fine but when i log in to 2nd account then i wont load. instead a temporary profile gets loaded everytime.

i am using windows 7 home basic 64 bit OEM
i need a solution for this asap. thanks in advance

Hello Rajbirm and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if this may be able to help you. It's good for Windows 7 as well.

User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/87972-user-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a picture that I want to delete. I have checked the delete image and saved. Also uploaded a new gif but still no joy. Im just curious as to why I cant either delete or upload new. Anybody got an idea?

Ken

A:User Profile Pic Problem

Try a refresh of the page or turn your browser off, and then back on, and see does it help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/12535-user-profile-pic-problem.html
Relevancy 83.85%

i cannot log on my dell as an admin. the guest user profile works but i get a "user profile service failed to log on" message anytime i try to log on as an admin. help needed urgently. thank you.

Have you tried safe mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-problem-632561.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi Everybody,

I have an odd situation for my computer skills.

After few years today suddenly I got this error: the user profile service service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded

I am in Windows 7 Home Premium and I have only one user account which is administrator too.

I am running in safe mode now and have already tried to fix it with the OPTION ONE To Fix the User Account Profile with no results.

I am trying to use the OPTION TWO but can't create a new account in safe mode, could you help me please

A:the user profile service service failed the logon user profile cannot

Hi MadMatt71 welcome to SevenForums

Have you taken a look at the tutorial below

See if you could create a User Account from the Command Prompt.

Open up an Elevated Command Prompt. Click on type in CMD inside Search Programs and Files. Right click on CMD under Programs (1) choose Run as administrator . On the User Access Control window click on the Yes button . Command Prompt opens up to C:\Windows\System32>_

Type this command below

net user /add useraccountname

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291651-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I just spend a long time fighting this problem and wanted to share how I fixed I was seeing this error on a Win standalone system local profiles not logging into a domain nbsp I had two profiles on it that worked fine but if I tried to create a new profile I would be unable to logon to it and would get the quot User Profile Service failed the logon quot message I tried the steps in KB http support microsoft com kb but they did not logon. failed profile the service loaded." Profile User Service "User cannot be fix the problem After looking through the event logs I found the following error in the Application log Windows cannot copy file C Users Default AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files SQM iesqmdata setup sqm to location C Users TEMP AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files SQM iesqmdata setup sqm This error "User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights nbsp DETAIL - Access is denied After binging iesqmdata setup sqm I ran across this article http social technet microsoft com Forums en-US w itprogeneral thread e aafae-c aa- df-b - ba fcb c The suggestion there quot I suggest you check the Advanced Security Settings for the C Users Default folder "User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Ensure you check the box quot Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object quot quot Fixed this problem for me nbsp I am now able to logon with the newly created accounts just fine Hopefully this will help others as well

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7fb93109-218c-43d7-b29a-ceaffc598b58/quotuser-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loadedquot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.99%

I created a new user. How can I transfer the windows settings done for the old user to the new user profile?

A:How to copy user profile to another user profile

Here you go:

ForensiT Move Computer

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/17988-how-copy-user-profile-another-user-profile.html
Relevancy 82.99%

After entering password, the following message pops up;

'The User Profile Service service failed the log on. User profile cannot be loaded'.

Selecting OK causes the computer to shut down only to restart almost immediately back at the password and the process repeats over again.

Computer is a Dell studio laptop with windows xp operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem-windows-xp.1106186/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

Hope you can help, a user in the office get a couple of RUN DLL errors come up when he logs into his PC.

They are say they cant find these certain DLL's on the PC, the users clicks the OK button and its fine.

Just want to know how to remove the RUN DLL pop-ups if someone knows how?

The location is:-

C:/Document&Settings/username/localsystem/app data/

The files are:-

aricoyuc.dll
fspirm.dll

Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Chris

A:Windows XP - user profile problem

That computer is probably infected.

I would click on Report and kindly ask to be moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum. Be sure to provide the appropriate reports in that forum after reading THIS. From there, be patient. The malware removal experts are very busy! You should get an answer within the next 48 hours.

However, since this seems like a work computer, please read the following rule:

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING CORPORATE/COMPANY OWNED COMPUTERS

Please do not request assistance for corporate/company owned computers. Many changes/deletions are made during the clean up process, some of which may involve uninstalling programs, deleting folders/files, changing settings and/or removing policies etc. As we have no way of knowing for sure if these are actually needed for company operations, malware issues in these cases should be handled by your own IT Departments in order to avoid any undesirable results. Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-user-profile-problem.989661/
Relevancy 82.99%

When I Profile problem User Service turned on my other laptop Sony VGNAR E yesterday a message came up on the screen that a Windows Update was in progress and I should not shut down I did nothing at all to User Profile Service problem the computer--just watched while the download progressed When the download finished and the computer restarted a screen that was not quot mine quot appeared with a minimum number of icons on a black background and just a few icons on the task bar Wanting to use User Profile Service problem one of my programs I decided to reboot to see if my personal preferences would load When I restarted a screen appeared wth the Windows Ultimate background and this message quot The User Profile Services service failed the logon User Profile Service problem User profile cannot be loaded quot Below that was an quot Okay quot button When I click on the OKAY button the background remains the same but in the center is my quot Pat quot avatar and in the lower right hand corner there is a Shut Down icon Now when I shut down and or restart the word quot Welcome quot flashes on the screen very briefly but is immediately replaced by the message about the User Profile Services failure I have tried many times to restart but have never again seen the quot black quot screen or anything else Unfortunately I have failed to back up my files Is there any way I can fix this problem Incidentally I doubt that it matters but that computer originally had the Vista OS but two or three years ago my son-in-law replaced it with Windows I've gotten several Windows updates but never had any problems until now I sure hope you can help me Thanks for your attention

A:User Profile Service problem

Hello Pat, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You could do a system restore at boot using a restore point (if available) dated before this happened to hopefully fix this for you.

If that is not an available option for you, then the tutorial below may be able to help with this error. Be sure to read all of it for all available options and steps.User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/254677-user-profile-service-problem.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Whenever I try and log into my account, it takes a while to go through and when it does, there's an error in loading my user profile and it creates a temporary profile. I even tried to create another profile, but I got the same results when I tried to log onto that one.

A:Problem Uploading User Profile

I'd suspect that the old profile is corrupt. Create a new profile, copy your documents over and then delete the old one to see if this will fix the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99383/problem-uploading-user-profile/
Relevancy 82.99%

quot Internet Explorer Error quot Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page As a result the page may not display correctly This happens when a specific user logs in This user has administrative rights And this happens when he tries to open any of windows folders or applets My Computer Recycle Bin Control Panel and the likes not while on the web or while using IE also it does not happens if same user logs in safe mode Example if I double click my computer I will get above message and a blank page the status bar will say objects and nothing is displayed I can run problem only Activex user one on profile or start third patty software from the desktops shortcuts or programs under start If I try to use windows explorer I get same message but I m able to expand folder on left pane Activex problem only on one user profile but not actually view the contents on the right Same message for Recycle and Control Panel similar display the contents on the left with a up and down bar on the right This only happens on one of four users that login to this Activex problem only on one user profile computer All four users have administrative rights Thanks for your responce in advance

A:Activex problem only on one user profile

Hello lanra. Sounds like an ActiveX problem. You can try having that particular user go to the Internet Explorer options and reset them to the defaults. In IE click Tools then Options. On the Advanced tab click the Restore Defaults button. Reboot the machine and try it.If that doesn't work you might want to post a HijackThis log in the HijackThis forum.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/12196/activex-problem-only-on-one-user-profile/