Windows Support Forum

Got a bad program, shutting down computer before computer crashes... help

Q: Got a bad program, shutting down computer before computer crashes... help

I was using my microsoft office word program, and it all of a sudden went funky, like short circuiting out, then a blue screen popped up saying that the program I was using was bad and causing my computer to crash, so my computer was shutting down before it crashed. Then it shut down and came back up asking if I wanted to go back to a restored or previous thing, something like that, (a restore point), and it said it would probably turn off and on several times through out and could take several minutes, then the computer turned off and back on and the screen would not turn on... I have a dell all in one computer, so I do not have a separate tower from my monitor. What happened? How can I fix this? Any one out there have any ideas? I was not even on the internet at the time.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Got a bad program, shutting down computer before computer crashes... help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Got a bad program, shutting down computer before computer crashes... help

When you first turn it on, can you see the Dell logo?  If so, does it show the Windows logo after that?
Do you recall details of what the blue screen said?

If you can see the Dell logo, then try these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html
You can press F12 to get to the boot menu in order to boot from the CD/DVD drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578740/got-a-bad-program-shutting-down-computer-before-computer-crashes-help/
Relevancy 71.81%

So I have either been experiencing three separate issues or it is all one issue combined I will explain them in the order that I noticed them and explain them as separate issues just for argument's sake I have used computers all my life but I am a noob at troubleshooting and the like Just never got good at it so my experience with fixing anything but the simplest issues on a computer is pretty much nil Here was the first issue I noticed In the bottom right of my screen a pop up would occasionally appear whether I am browsing the web or not There never seems to be a specific trigger as to why it appears It always says the following verbatim excluding quotes at beginning and end You have an old version of Insert program This should be updated to version C-drive // computer off // Pop-up Update Program filling shutting Insert version number Note It is important to keep your software updated to avoid system problems crashes and security threats The first time I saw the pop up I knew it was suspect so I just hit the x on it because Update Program Pop-up // C-drive filling // computer shutting off I couldn't find another way to close it When you close it the box scrolls down really slow I have never clicked the links on this pop-up but I have a feeling even clicking the x to close it is an issue I ran my Avast Malware Bytes Adaware cleaner and MRT They all found issues but the box still appears so none of them caught the issue I am seeing I will attach an image of exactly what the box looks like It pops up for all sorts of programs The program is entirely interchangeable but the box is always identical The second issue I have experienced is my C-Drive rapidly filling up Not small things either I am talking like gb just appearing in there I haven't really noticed a time frame on how quickly it builds up but I did the basic disc clean The third and most recent issue is my computer randomly shutting off It just completely powers off at times I have run all the programs I previously mentioned for each issue They are still issues I do not know if all three of these issues are directly related I suspect the C-drive filling up and the computer simply dying is related but I am no computer expert and have no evidence to support the claim I really hope you guys can help

A:Update Program Pop-up // C-drive filling // computer shutting off

Hello, Juicyrenik! Let's start with some important instructions:
Avoid installing or uninstalling programs during the malware removal process, because doing so can cause discrepancies between the information in different log files created by different programs at different times.
Do NOT run tools such as Combofix unless instructed by a BleepingComputer staff member. These tools can break your computer if used improperly, so you should only run them if you know what you are doing or if the person who told you to use Combofix knows what they're doing.
If you want to, you should back up all important documents and files to an external storage device or online file backup service. Malware infections--and attempts to fix them--can prevent your computer from booting up, making your files unaccessable; this means that backing up your files to an USB flash drive or to an online service like Dropbox before attempting to remove malware is a good idea.
Step 1: Rkill

Please download Rkill by Grinler, and save it to your desktop.
Run the program. If you are using Windows Vista or above, you should right click the program and select "Run as administrator".
A Black DOS box should appear; this indicates that the program is functioning.
The program will generate a log file on your desktop. Post the contents of that file in your next reply.
Do not restart your computer until the other steps are finished.

Step 2: Please download MiniToolBox by Farbar, and save it to your desktop.

Run the program. Please select the following options:

Flush DNS
Report IE proxy settings
Reset IE proxy settings
Report FF proxy settings
Reset FF proxy settings
List winsock entries
List content of Hosts
List installed programs
List restore points
After the program finishes its job, it will create a log file called "Result.txt" on your desktop. Post the contents of that file in your next reply.

Step 3: Run ESET online scanner

Using Internet Explorer, navigate to http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner-popup/ (If you used another web browser, such as Firefox, you will have to download an installer file)
Read through the program's terms of use. If you agree with it, check the checkbox which confirms that you accepted the program's terms of use. If you do not agree with its terms of use, then notify me and I can find another virus cleaning solution for you.
Accept any security warnings which may appear.
Click on the advanced settings part, and select "Scan for potentially unsafe applications","remove found threats", and "Scan archives".
Check "scan for potentially unwanted applications".
Click "start".
Eset will download updates and scan your computer; this may take a few minutes to a few hours.
When the scan completes, click "list threats".
Click "Export", and save the log file to your desktop.
Post the contents of the log file to your next forum post. Please note that if ESET does not detect anything, it may not necessarily generate a log file.
Step 4: Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode, and save it to your desktop.

Click on the "scan" button.
The tool will scan your computer for adware; this may take a few minutes.
After the scan has finished, click on the "Report" button. A logfile, AdwCleaner[R0].txt, will show.
After viewing the log, close the log file window. View the list of adware detections, and uncheck ones that you do not want to remove(i.e. the ones which you're sure to be benign).
Press the "Clean" button. You will be requested to restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, a log file called AdwCleaner[S0].txt will show. Post the contents of that log file in your next reply.

Step 5: Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu to your desktop.
Please turn off your antivirus program before running the tool to avoid conflicts. Remember to turn your antivirus back on afterwards.
Run the program. If you are using Windows Vista or above, right-mouse click JRT.exe and... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569596/update-program-pop-up-c-drive-filling-computer-shutting-off/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am because i believe my computer is infected but i want some help on determining whether it is or not. I don't know if if it's a virus, worm, or anything in between. I have kapersky on computer but am not sure it is working quite right. I also have malwarebytes and have run a few scans with that, but that hasn't seemed to work either. I have had this hard drive for about 3 months, and installed a brand new version of windows 7 on it when i got it so i don't believe it's anything that has to due with my actual hardware. I would be very greatful if anyone could give me some help on this. Thank You.

A:Computer slowdown and program crashes

Ps. My flash seems to crash when im watching videos quite often, and my Battlefield 3 along with counterstrike sometimes crash

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481910/computer-slowdown-and-program-crashes/
Relevancy 68.8%

My dell laptop will not work at all in normal mode. I installed roller coaster tycoon and I got a message saying a program may not have been installed correctly. Every time I try to start my computer I have to choose normal, safe mode, etc. but when I start it normally it shuts down as soon as I click to get into the control panel. When I put the disc in it works, but when I click unistall a window pops up with a red circle with an 'x' but there are no words so I have no idea what it says. I also tried installing and uninstalling but it does the same thing. How can I remove this from my computer?

A:Unistall a program when computer crashes

Hello and welcome to Computer Hope Forum. My name is Dave. I will be helping you out with your particular problem on your computer. 1. I will be working on your Malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.2. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.3. If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to ask.4. Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans while I am helping you.5. It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.6. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.7. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected. If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs. You will also have to transfer the logs you receive back to the good computer using the same method until we can get the computer back on-line. *************************************************************************I moved your thread to the Malware forum. Let's run some scans to make sure your computer is not infected.Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.?Warning! Once the scan is complete JRT will shut down your browser with NO warning.?Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.?Temporarily disable your Antivirus and any Antispyware real time protection before performing a scan. Click this link to see a list of security programs that should be disabled and how to disable them.?Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click JRT and select Run as Administrator?The tool will open and start scanning your system.?Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.?On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.?Copy and Paste the JRT.txt log into your next message.******************************************Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Please close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with OKYour computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.******************************************************** Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)Please save the log to a location you will remember.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.************************... Read more

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,139325.0.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I hope I am in the right forum. I'm not even sure where to start. My pc will reboot itself for no reason. Firefox quits responding or says it needs to close. IE does the same. I started using Opera and it has been running good for me with only a few crashes. AVG keeps crashing. Zone alarm won't load. Windows search sometimes crashes the pc. My Office Outlook crashed while trying to export my .pst file.When trying to run My RAR files they come up as corrupt. I tried to install microsoft diagnostic tools and got a error INF install failure.The belarc reports that I need some critical updates. When I try to update microsoft reports that there are no updates needed.I have added the belarc report and a couple of error windows.
Any help appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-crashes-rar-problems-program-termination-200830.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Every time I used Google Chrome after a few minutes my computer would freeze up and the I would get a non-stop beep I uninstalled Chrome and tried using Firefox This worked slightly internet uses open my that I computer Anytime the crashes a program better though Firefox would keep crashing and then after a while would exhibit the same behavior worked for a couple minutes and then freeze non-stop beep of death Anytime I open a program that uses the internet my computer crashes I finally ran Hijackthis and took out everything that looked unfamiliar and ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Found two questionable items and one item Malware Trace Removed these things but no luck still after a couple minutes and then freeze beep At one point it even happened to me while I was trying to upated Anti-Malware There doesn't seem to be any exact amount of time or browsing sometimes it happens within seconds sometimes I get five minutes Has anyone had a problem like this before I'd really like to not have to reformat HELP Hijackthis log i anyone is intereted http www bleepingcomputer com forums t internet-related-apps-causing-computer-to-crash

A:Anytime I open a program that uses the internet my computer crashes

Because you have a log posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282797/anytime-i-open-a-program-that-uses-the-internet-my-computer-crashes/
Relevancy 62.78%

I ve let my family use this computer for awhile they down. up. messed Slow restore shutting randomly Computer System computer. started to complain it was quot acting weird quot When I jumped on to see I noticed it was shutting down by itself and extremely slow I got the computer to start up and tried to do a couple system restores I then noticed then that the date time on the computer Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. was off Saying some of the restore points were back in when I didn t even have this computer After a couple failed attempts Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. I got the computer to restore Its not randomly shutting off anymore but is still slower than it should be I reseted the date and time but I m still worried something could be wrong This computer has had Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. a Root Kit and a MBR infection before I ve run disk clean up Spybot AVG and CC cleaner DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files ATT-SST McciTrayApp exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProShellHlp exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www att netmStart Page hxxp www att netuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo commURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Pr... Read more

A:Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer.

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398232/computer-randomly-shutting-down-system-restore-messed-up-slow-computer/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 61.92%

Lets say that i downloaded a pdf file. If i put that file on to the desktop it will be there. But when you restart your computer or shut down your computer, you log back on and its not there.If i download poweriso, i install it into c: drive and it will work. But when you turn the computer off or reboot it, you log back on and its not thereI know its not a virus. Its like a school computer you can only save it into your drive. If you save it into a desktop it wont be thereI think someone put a system restore or a default. so when you turn it off it will reset it to the what you had when you turned it onI have a dell computer running windows 10

A:Computer wont save anything after shutting down computer or restarting

Was this system ever joined to a corporate or a school network? It might be a group policy that is making your user profile act this way.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153510.0.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My computer is an XP home edition I believe, and it asked me to install some important updated. After doing so, it told me that I needed to restart or shut down my system in order for the updates to take place. When I tired doing so, It gets stuck. I get to a blue "log-off" screen, and it says 6 out of 14 updates are being installed... do not turn off your computer. But it stays like that for hours, and never updates, so I end up having to shut off my computer by hitting the power button. :/

I tried doing a system restore, but those updates have to be installed first. Before it even tries to restore, it deals with the updates. I'm not too sure what to do. Is there any way to bypass these updates, or get them installed some other way? I'd really apriciate the help. Thanks.

A:Updates for my computer are preventing me from shutting down my computer

Is this a new system? When you go to updates have you validated your copy of XP with Microsoft? Once you do that and make sure your settings are correct in your browser for downloads it does take time but not hours. Are you running firewalls, Zone Alarm etc., anything that would block the updates? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-for-my-computer-are-preventing-me-from-shutting-down-my-computer.807978/
Relevancy 60.63%

Help about my computer My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing uninstalling Please help down about My im on my keeps shutting when computer Help installing/uninstalling computer.. Btw im installing Nero I also try to install other software but it restarts Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exec Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeC Program Files IDT STacSV exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS VM STI EXEC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www returnhomepage com cm a p q about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - B AAEB - F D- - C -C CA D - no file O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run SysTrayApp ProgramFiles IDT WDM sttray exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BigDog C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKCU Run OE C Program Files Trend Micro In... Read more

A:Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling

sumbody help me..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178998/help-about-my-computer-my-computer-keeps-on-shutting-down-when-im-installinguninstalling/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, there is a red light next to my power button that blink's alot & i believe it's called the hdd light. No matter what i'm doing it shut's off after awhile & than my computer freeze's & i don't know why. Everything work's fine into that happen's & it's alway's random. I only had this computer for 2 years & i built it myself & this problem just started 2 days ago i also did memtest but it partially freeze's meaning the upper right corner isn't moving but the mid right corner still has number''s moving.This is my system specs

geforce gtx 660
intel core i5-3570k
corsair cx 600
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Onboard gpu intel (R) 4000

A:Hdd light on my computer keep's shutting off than my computer freezes

The hdd light should only light while the disk is being read or written to. It is normal for the hdd light to not be on all the time.

Since you say the system "partially" freezes during a memtest, I would like to understand more about that. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when it's partially frozen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356475-hdd-light-my-computer-keeps-shutting-off-than-my-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 60.63%

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F5, 3/9/2012

It is a 1-week old PC (installed OS a week ago), and I installed the OS by downloading it from Microsoft and installing it using a bootable CD.

A:BSOD while shutting down computer (1-week old new computer)

Please do not start multiple threads for the same issue: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1997494

I will look over the reports in your other thread when I get home and have access to my debugging tools. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239514-bsod-while-shutting-down-computer-1-week-old-new-computer.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I've built a cheap box New Computer, BLSC Program Random 0x50 New Random Crashes. Install; for my brother's birthday and It's having trouble with Random BLSC 0x50 New Computer, New Install; Random Program Crashes. random program crashes and Blue Screens I can't seem to find what's causing it I thought it might be graphics drivers because it prolongs the bsod sometimes when I reinstall drivers and Catalyst Control Center crashes every time I open it but I'm not sure Code - x - Original OS - Retail Version - Less than a week since installed Full Specs Summary Operating System MS Windows Enterprise -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz C Clarkdale nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard BIOSTAR Group T XE CFX-SLI CPU C Graphics DELL E FP x Hz AMD Radeon HD MSI C Hard Drives GB Seagate ST AS ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives No optical disk drives detected Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device Operating Random BLSC 0x50 New Computer, New Install; Random Program Crashes. System MS Windows Enterprise -bit Installation Date April Serial Number PXH- Y KF- VJC -XBBR -HVTHH Windows Security Center User Account Control UAC Enabled Notify level - Default Firewall Enabled Windows Update AutoUpdate Download Automatically and Install at Set Scheduled time Schedule Frequency Every day Schedule Time am Windows Defender Windows Defender Enabled Environment Variables USERPROFILE C Users Will SystemRoot C Windows User Variables TEMP C Users Will AppData Local Temp TMP C Users Will AppData Local Temp sourcesdk c program files x steam steamapps evilface sourcesdk VProject c program files x steam steamapps evilface counter-strike source cstrike Machine Variables ComSpec C Windows system cmd exe FP NO HOST CHECK NO OS Windows NT Path C Program Files x AMD APP bin x C Program Files x AMD APP bin x C Windows system C Windows C Windows System Wbem SYSTEMROOT System WindowsPowerShell v C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static PATHEXT COM EXE BAT CMD VBS VBE JS JSE WSF WSH MSC PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD TEMP C Windows TEMP TMP C Windows TEMP USERNAME SYSTEM windir C Windows PSModulePath C Windows system WindowsPowerShell v Modules NUMBER OF PROCESSORS PROCESSOR LEVEL PROCESSOR IDENTIFIER Intel Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel PROCESSOR REVISION AMDAPPSDKROOT C Program Files x AMD APP Power Profile Active power scheme Home Office Desk Hibernation Enabled Power Shutdown Enabled Power Suspend Enabled Turn Off Monitor after On AC Power min Turn Off Hard Disk after On AC Power Never Suspend after On AC Power Never Screen saver Disabled Uptime Current Session Current Time AM Current Uptime sec d h m s Last Boot Time AM Last ShutDown Time AM Uptime Statistics First Boot Time PM First Shutdown Time PM Total Uptime sec d h m s Total Downtime sec d h m s Longest Uptime sec d h m s Longest Downtime sec d h m s Total Reboots System Availability TimeZone TimeZone GMT - Hours Language English Country United States Currency Date Format M d yyyy Time Format h mm ss tt Scheduler AM Adobe Flash Player Updater Process List audiodg exe Process ID cmd exe Process ID User Will Domain WILLSCOMPUTER Path C Windows system cmd exe Memory Usage MB Peak Memory Usage MB conhost exe Process ID User Will Domain WILLSCOMPUTER Path C Windows system conhost exe Memory Usage MB Peak Memory Usage MB csrss exe Process ID User SYSTEM Domain NT AUTHORITY Path C Windows system csrss exe Memory Usage MB Peak Memory Usage MB csrss exe Process ID User SYSTEM Domain NT AUTHORITY Path C Windows system csrss exe Memory Usage MB Peak Memory Usage MB dllhost exe Process ID User SYSTEM Domain NT AUTHORITY Path C Windows system DllHost exe Memory Usage MB Peak Memory Usage MB dllhost exe Process ID User SYSTEM Domain NT AUTHORITY Path C Windows system DllHost exe Memory Usage MB Peak Memory Usage MB dwm exe Process ID User Will Domain WILLSCOMPUTER Path C Windows system Dwm exe Memory Usage MB Peak Memory Usage MB explorer exe Process ID User Will Domain WILLSCOMPUTER Path C Wi... Read more

A:Random BLSC 0x50 New Computer, New Install; Random Program Crashes.

Test your RAM using Memtest86+. Let it run until 6-8 passes have completed or errors have been found.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Enable Driver Verifier. Enabling this should hopefully crash your system and then point to the faulty driver that is causing problems. However before you do, it is advised that you create a system restore point and backup first.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

You have McAfee installed, is that correct? At least to test, uninstall it and install MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) instead.
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

The following drivers need to be updated:

Code:
athrx.sys Wed Jun 10 04:06:49 2009
Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 20:04:13 2009
These drivers can be found by searching them in Google and then finding the associated software or driver. Finally, find the latest version of this driver or software and download and install it. Some of the drivers may also be found here (if the driver says 'Windows Update' simply make sure all Windows Updates are installed).

You should also update any other drivers you can think of including graphics, audio, chipset etc.

Make sure all Windows updates are installed.

Update to the latest service pack.Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [February 2012]

Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [February 2012]

Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center

Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223442-random-blsc-0x50-new-computer-new-install-random-program-crashes.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Svchost exe Extreme Memory Usage Crashes Computer When Computer Idle I am currently experiencing a problem that started just a few days ago where the svchost exe process keeps taking up memory on my computer even when the computer is idle and continues to grow to taking up to of memory before it crashes freezes the computer and it has to be restarted several times Memory Extreme Crashes When Computer Usage Svchost.exe Idle Computer a day to clear the memory back down However sometimes when I restart Svchost.exe Extreme Memory Usage Crashes Computer When Computer Idle the computer Svchost.exe Extreme Memory Usage Crashes Computer When Computer Idle within an hour or a Svchost.exe Extreme Memory Usage Crashes Computer When Computer Idle couple of hours or sometimes less the memory will get exhausted again One special note is that since my Windows OS was preinstalled on my HP computer I do not have access to the original Windows DVD and the DVD drive on my computer is currently broken and is unable to be used I downloaded the TSG SysInfo tool and the FRST tool with the following results I was able to download the FRST tool and I have the following results so hopefully this will help someone to be able to help me with this problem it seems to be getting worse as time goes on eating up memory Thanks for your help time and efforts it is appreciated and here is the TSG SysInfo and the following logs from FRST Here is the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - S CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION AC Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled Addition txt Additional scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x Version - - Ran by Joellen at - - Running from C Users Joellen Desktop Boot Mode Normal Security Center If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed AV AVG Internet Security Enabled - Up to date A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F AS AVG Internet Security Enabled - Up to date E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D AS Windows Defender Disabled - Up to date D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW AVG Internet Security Enabled CC - -F -D - E EA B Installed Programs Only the adware programs with quot hidden quot flag could be added to the fixlist to unhide them The adware programs should be uninstalled manually Adobe AIR HKLM-x Adobe AIR Version - Adobe Systems Inc Adobe AIR x Version - Adobe Systems Inc Hidden Adobe Flash Player ActiveX HKLM-x Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe Reader X HKLM-x AC BA - AD - - B -AA Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Agatha Christie - Peril at End House x Version - WildTangent Hidden ATI Catalyst Install Manager HKLM A AD -D D- D C-E C -A F Version - ATI Technologies Inc ATI Stream SDK v Developer HKLM C FE -C C -F C -EAD - E E E Version - ATI Technologies Inc AVG HKLM AVG Version - AVG Technologies AVG Version - AVG Technologies Hidden AVG Version - AVG Technologies Hidden Bejeweled Deluxe x Version - WildTangent Hidden Bejeweled x Version - WildTangent Hidden Bing Bar HKLM-x a d-cf - dca- f - c cb da Version - Microsoft Corporation Bing Bar Platform x Version - Microsoft Corporation Hidden Bing Rewards Client Installer x Version - Microsoft Corporation Hidden Blackhawk Striker x Version - WildTangent Hidden Blasterball x Version - WildTangent Hidden Blio HKLM-x DDD -CE F- BD -A A-F FABE EC Version - K-NFB Reading Technology Inc Bounce Symphony x Version - WildTangent Hidden Build-a-lot x Version - WildTangent Hidden Cake Mania x Version - WildTangent Hidden Catalyst Control Center - Branding x Version - ATI Hidden Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy x Version - ATI Technologies Inc Hidden Catalyst Control Center Localization All x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Chinese Standard x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Chinese Tra... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

Every time when I try to open My documents or My computer control panel search or any folder on my desktop my computer crashes It says on a blue screen something My Panel Can't -computer [SOLVED] Computer/Documents/Control crashes open like this quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears [SOLVED] Can't open My Computer/Documents/Control Panel -computer crashes again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC x EB xF A BB xF A B Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance quot -------------------------- After I press restart and windows start up a pop-up window comes up it says that my system has been recovered from a serious error BCCode e BCP C BCP EB BCP F BB BCP F B OSVer SP Product And this in the report C DOCUME Josip LOCALS Temp WER a dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME Josip LOCALS Temp WER a dir sysdata xml --------------------------- I've read somewhere online that I can check the error report this way right click on My computer gt Manage gt event viewer gt system I did this and properties of error were Category Event ID and then some numbers ----------------------------- Before this problems started - I've been trying to get a webcam to work Logitech webcam and since I couldn't get my webcam to work properly all the time this cam was telling me that I use it with another application no matter what that's when why I installed a program called Splitcam to get my webcam to work And I installed a new version of Nero for burning cd-s But I've uninstalled the webcam and Splitcam with TuneUp Utilities as soon as I started to experience these 'serious error' pop-ups and blue screens I can't uninstall Nero cause I can't access it on add remove programs And TuneUp don't shows it on the list of installed programs --------------------------------- I've scanned computer with AVG and Zone Alarm I got nothing for viruses I've been trying to scan it with Vundofix but during the scan my system crashes with the same blue screen message like in the beginnig of this post ----------------------------------- I have Windows Xp professional and I have downloaded and installed service pack yesterday ------------------------- I have tried system restore I restored to previous week when everything was fine it didn't work ------------------------------ http www esnips com doc c - blems-registry This is what Uniblue- Registry booster found but I only have trial version so I can't correct all problems ----------- Do you think that the problem could be caused because I didn't uninstalled the Logitech webcam in Safe mode I uninstalled it with TuneUp -------------------- I moved on to next suspicious program Nero In add remove panel there's NO NERO name starts with A- gt Ahead program http i tinypic com b ap jpg Also there are NO BUTTONS for uninstalling ------------- http i tinypic com b zif jpg all programs --------------- http i tinypic com jngg jpg This is what I see in run gt msconfig gt startup list -------------- Please what can be causing this and how can I stop it to crash every time I try to open my folders I can open only some documents on desktop which aren't in a folder and some programs on desktop From start menu I can open ONLY microsoft word and powerpoint notepad Mozilla Thanx in advance Anamarija

A:[SOLVED] Can't open My Computer/Documents/Control Panel -computer crashes

Hi Anamarija and welcome to TSF !

Does the problem also happen in safe mode ?

Unplug all your USB devices. Use a PS/2 mouse and keyboard for the time of the troubleshooting.

Go to start => run and type chkdsk c: /R. You'll be prompted to restart the computer. Tell us if it finds any errors on the hard drive. If you couldn't see the scan's results you'll find them in the event viewer under application in the latest winlogon entry (click on the title of the source column to sort them alphabetically).

Did the BSOD or the errors in the eventviewer mention any .exe, .dll or .sys file ?

We'll need the .dmp files that you'll find in c:\windows\minidump, problem is you may not be able to browse your drive to zip and attach them with your computer. Copy them to some floppy or usb drive using the command prompt : start => run => cmd. Type copy c:\windows\minidump\*.dmp x: x being the volume letter that corresponds to your usb or floppy drive. Then with another computer zip them and attach the .zip file to your next post using the manage attachments button.

Double click the errors in the event viewer, click on the third button on the right (this copies the information in the memory) and right-click => paste the complete error message here.

Go to start => run and type devmgmt.msc. See if there are any devices with a red cross, yellow exclamation point or whatever in front of their name. If you find anything related to your webcam then right-click => uninstall it.

Disconnect from the internet physically, since you're using ZoneAlarm the next step will disable your firewall, make sure the ethernet cable is unplugged or the router is turned off.

Go to start => run and type msconfig. Go to the services tab and tick the "hide all microsoft services" box. Untick the remaining services. Go to the startup tab and untick everything. Restart the computer and see if the problem still happens. Each time you make changes in msconfig and restart the computer you'll get a warning about being in selective mode, tick the box before clicking ok so that the changes remain. If the problem doesn't happen anymore then retick the services and startup items one at a time, restart the computer and see if you can identify the culprit. Don't reconnect to the internet until you've reactivated the firewall and antivirus.

Do you have the XP CD ? If so use that CD to create an XP SP3 CD, we may need it later.

If the above didn't help then if it's indeed a driver that's causing the problem these articles from MS will help you finding and disabling it :
How to troubleshoot a Stop 0x0000007E error in Windows XP
How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP (the How to remove unsigned drivers part)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-open-my-computer-documents-control-panel-computer-crashes-252883.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I am currently experiencing a problem that started just a few days ago where the svchost exe process keeps taking up memory on my computer even when there isn't anything active and continues to grow to taking up to of memory before it crashes freezes the Extreme Memory Crashes Svchost.exe Computer When Idle Computer Usage computer and it has to be restarted then several times a day to clear the memory back down but within Svchost.exe Extreme Memory Usage Crashes Computer When Computer Idle a few hours or sometimes less the memory will get exhausted I was able to download the FRST tool and I have the following results so hopefully this will help someone to be able to help me with the following problem Thanks for your help time and efforts it is appreciated and here are the following logs from FRST Addition txt Additional scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Svchost.exe Extreme Memory Usage Crashes Computer When Computer Idle Tool x Version - - Ran by Joellen at - - Running from C Users Joellen Desktop Boot Mode Normal Security Center If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed AV AVG Internet Security Enabled - Up to date A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F Svchost.exe Extreme Memory Usage Crashes Computer When Computer Idle AS AVG Internet Security Enabled - Up to date E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D AS Windows Defender Disabled - Up to date D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW AVG Internet Security Enabled CC - -F -D - E EA B Installed Programs Only the adware programs with hidden flag could be added to the fixlist to unhide them The adware programs should be uninstalled manually Adobe AIR HKLM-x Adobe AIR Version - Adobe Systems Inc Adobe AIR x Version - Adobe Systems Inc Hidden Adobe Flash Player ActiveX HKLM-x Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe Reader X HKLM-x AC BA - AD - - B -AA Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Agatha Christie - Peril at End House x Version - WildTangent Hidden ATI Catalyst Install Manager HKLM A AD -D D- D C-E C -A F Version - ATI Technologies Inc ATI Stream SDK v Developer HKLM C FE -C C -F C -EAD - E E E Version - ATI Technologies Inc AVG HKLM AVG Version - AVG Technologies AVG Version - AVG Technologies Hidden AVG Version - AVG Technologies Hidden Bejeweled Deluxe x Version - WildTangent Hidden Bejeweled x Version - WildTangent Hidden Bing Bar HKLM-x a d-cf - dca- f - c cb da Version - Microsoft Corporation Bing Bar Platform x Version - Microsoft Corporation Hidden Bing Rewards Client Installer x Version - Microsoft Corporation Hidden Blackhawk Striker x Version - WildTangent Hidden Blasterball x Version - WildTangent Hidden Blio HKLM-x DDD -CE F- BD -A A-F FABE EC Version - K-NFB Reading Technology Inc Bounce Symphony x Version - WildTangent Hidden Build-a-lot x Version - WildTangent Hidden Cake Mania x Version - WildTangent Hidden Catalyst Control Center - Branding x Version - ATI Hidden Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy x Version - ATI Technologies Inc Hidden Catalyst Control Center Localization All x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Chinese Standard x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Chinese Traditional x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Czech x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Danish x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Dutch x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help English x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Finnish x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help French x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help German x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Greek x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Hungarian x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Italian x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Japanese x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Korean x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Norwegian x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Polish x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Portuguese x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Russian x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Spanish x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Swedish x Version - ATI Hidden CCC Help Thai x Version - ATI Hidden ccc-core-static x Version - ATI Hidden ccc-utility Version - ATI Hidden Chuzzle Deluxe x Version ... Read more

A:Svchost.exe Extreme Memory Usage Crashes Computer When Computer Idle

Hi there,please run Combofix:Please download Combofix (by sUBs) and save it to your Desktop.Disable the realtime-protection of your antivirus and anti-malware programs because they might interfere with the scan.Start Combofix.exe and follow its instructions.Do not use the computer while the scan is running. This may cause the program to stall.When finished, a log file will be displayed (that can also be found at C:\Combofix.txt).Please copy and paste the contents of this file into your next post.Note: If you receive an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." after the scan, just restart the computer.(You can find more detailed instructions in this guide on using Combofix.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549923/svchostexe-extreme-memory-usage-crashes-computer-when-computer-idle/
Relevancy 58.48%

This afternoon, my computer began crashing whenever I try to open one of the more important files, like my computer or the control panel. Everything works correctly on safe mode, and I've tried driver verification, but there's upwards of 200 unregistered drivers, so I'm not entirely sure what to do. Are there any drivers I should look for to move away from the system32 folder? Or is there any other way to solve this?

Also, I haven't installed any new software recently.

Thanks,
Matt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-crashes-when-i-try-to-open-my-computer-recyclin-bin-control-panel-etc-314821.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My computer crashes every so often when I leave it idle and says this and reboots. Its been doing it ever since I reformatted my computer.

http://postimg.org/image/euxq6llfp/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608346/everytime-i-leave-my-computer-idle-for-awhile-my-computer-crashes/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have been having a long running problem with my computer It started out as a lack of internet access which turned out tI o be a bad virus I fixed that problem by doing a complete reformat of my system I thought that that would fix the problem and it did for a bit After a week or so I started having BSOD I went to a computer shop and we went to work on the issue The BSOD's were showing that there was an error with my sata connection I replaced the cables The problem kept happening so I replaced the motherboard and hard drive with a complete reformat again Then I continued to have the same issues which included crashes disappearing icons weird error messages x errors and once in a while a BSOD The BSOD's all say there's still an error with the sata connection I then decided to replace the power Icons, Crashes, BSOD, Computer computer unusable Disappearing supply and upgraded to an evga watt I replaced my case as well to a bigger one I even replaced the ram sticks That seemed to fix the problems for a while and the BSOD's became very rare but after Disappearing Icons, Computer Crashes, BSOD, computer unusable a lot of use the weird error messages became very common I really can't use the computer any more I'm typing this on my laptop The computer shop I go to say's this is probably a hardware issue They can't seem to figure it out I've had it in multiple times This is a nightmare for a computer owner I have replaced virtually all the parts and my computer is still utterly unusable The only program I installed since the last reformat was Origin Steam Office The only parts I have yet to replace are the Processor and the Graphics Card Please help I really don't know what Disappearing Icons, Computer Crashes, BSOD, computer unusable else to do

A:Disappearing Icons, Computer Crashes, BSOD, computer unusable

Holy.....
uh...
Why don't you just buy a new one! WOW.. Sorry..
Well, you SHOULDN'T have played with drivers...That is what's up.
Tried re-formatting AFTER doing those changes?
That computer shop owner though...I don't know what to say.
1) try reformatting to a version that is supported by the bios..(Check if it supports x64)...(fully ready)
2) post every error you get and attempt to find solution to each one. (Getting tired)
3) Can you mention WHEN did certain errors happen? before...after changing Processor and Graphic Card? (Getting worried)
4) Try lots of thing on the web. (hope time)
5) Revert back to the old virtual stuff. (shameful return)
6) take off the good pieces and attempt to use it on another computer or sell it. (Hopeless)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367977-disappearing-icons-computer-crashes-bsod-computer-unusable.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So I have recently bought a Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB ssd drive. My HP computer now has a 1TB hitachi hard drive and a ssd drive. The computer loads from the SSD drive. To try and maintain space, I have tried to download MS Office on the HDD. But when I install office, while in the middle of installing, my computer always crashes. This has happened on all three of my attempts to install office so far. Is there any reason why I should not be able to install office on the HDD or do I have to install it on the SSD?

Thanks in advance for the help!

A:Computer crashes while installing MS Office on a Computer with 2 drive

It's always best to have your programs loaded onto the Windows drive, which in your case is the Samsung SSD.

It would be best if you could supply a screen shot of Disc Management making sure it covers all discs & the information. This will show if you have any other problems.

This tutorial shows how to do a screen shot.

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/373789-computer-crashes-while-installing-ms-office-computer-2-drive.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there
My laptop is a acer aspire 1640z. I re-installed the xp because I was having problems. I found something, everytime I install a program/application from a disc, after restarting the system the mouse and the keyword don't respond properly and the cpu usge is very high, more than 90%

A:why when I install a program in my computer from a disc the computer start to slow do

What program ? What disc ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-when-i-install-a-program-in-my-computer-from-a-disc-the-computer-start-to-slow-do.820574/
Relevancy 56.76%

here's my dds log i had to go into safe mode to run computer sutdown/ wont computer crashes the program please help thanks crazed DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by crazed laptop at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated FW COMODO Firewall enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C Windows computer wont sutdown/ computer crashes system svchost exe -k bthaudiosvc C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X lxddserv exe C Windows system lxddcoms exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPCapSvc exe C PROGRA Intuit QUICKB QBDBMgrN exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Roxio CinePlayer DMXLauncher exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddamon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files MpcStar Codecs QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files ArcSoft TotalMedia Backup amp Record uBBMonitor exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner... Read more

A:computer wont sutdown/ computer crashes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224339/computer-wont-sutdown-computer-crashes/
Relevancy 56.76%

Have a dell xps 12, a few days ago, I was having some serious wireless communication issues and after several reboots, it stopped, but from that point forward when it tried to sleep it crashed.

I had previously installed then turned off netgears parental controls (and have since removed).

Get several errors in log:
mDNSCoreReceiveResponse: Unexpected conflict discarding 21 102.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa. PTR JAK88-LT-WIN8.local.
mDNSCoreReceiveResponse: Received from 192.168.1.102:5353 23 102.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa. PTR JAK88-LT-WIN8-2.local.
Report Server Windows Service (KINZERDB) cannot connect to the report server database.
I can include a memory dump as well, but its huge.

A:BSOD - Computer sleeps - computer crashes

Hi Jeffkinzer & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
0: kd> !irp ffffe001637263e0
Irp is active with 5 stacks 3 is current (= 0xffffe00163726540)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000
Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000
>[ 16, 2] 0 0 ffffe00158780050 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwbw02.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwbw02.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwbw02.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ndis.sys -
\Driver\NETwNb64
Args: 00014400 00000000 00000004 00000002
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 ffffe00158789040 00000000 fffff80153591f48-ffffe00169fa7010 Success Error Cancel pending
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vwifibus.sys
\Driver\vwifibus nt!PopSystemIrpCompletion
Args: 00014400 00000000 00000004 00000002
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-ffffe00169fa7010

The driver causing the IRP Blockage is the Intel Wireless Network Card Driver and that is why you are experiencing those drivers.
Below is a list of 3rd party drivers present on your system -

Code:
**************************Tue Jan 6 13:14:08.182 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
npf.sys Fri Jun 25 22:20:58 2010 (4C24DE72)
WPRO_41_2001.sys Tue Nov 8 02:34:48 2011 (4EB847F0)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Fri May 4 01:26:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
irstrtdv.sys Fri Jul 13 05:28:02 2012 (4FFF648A)
DellRbtn.sys Sat Aug 4 03:02:54 2012 (501C4386)
ISCTD64.sys Wed Nov 28 01:22:34 2012 (50B51A02)
imsevent.sys Wed Jan 9 01:03:33 2013 (50EC748D)
ikbevent.sys Wed Jan 9 01:04:06 2013 (50EC74AE)
usb3Hub.sys Mon Feb 18 16:21:17 2013 (512207A5)
ElbyCDIO.sys Mon Mar 4 14:51:51 2013 (513467AF)
btmhsf.sys Thu Mar 28 15:15:16 2013 (5154112C)
ibtusb.sys Mon Apr 22 22:40:16 2013 (51756EF8)
TeeDriverx64.sys Tue Apr 23 23:06:39 2013 (5176C6A7)
iaStorA.sys Tue Apr 30 05:33:40 2013 (517F0A5C)
dump_iaStorA.sys Tue Apr 30 05:33:40 2013 (517F0A5C)
SynTP.sys Tue May 14 19:32:29 2013 (519243F5)
SynRMIHID.sys Tue May 14 20:11:34 2013 (51924D1E)
AMPPAL.sys Tue May 21 20:42:37 2013 (519B8EE5)
iaLPSSi_I2C.sys Wed Jun 26 19:52:53 2013 (51CAF93D)
iaLPSSi_GPIO.sys Wed Jun 26 19:52:54 2013 (51CAF93E)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jul 9 18:49:59 2013 (51DC0DFF)
VClone.sys Wed Jul 24 20:32:55 2013 (51EFEC9F)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 14:16:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
ctxusbm.sys Mon Sep 9 21:32:22 2013 (522DF10E)
NETwbw02.sys Thu Sep 19 13:10:12 2013 (523AAA5C)
iwdbus.sys Wed Dec 18 04:17:38 2013 (52B0D48A)
igdkmd64.sys Thu Jan 23 04:12:16 2014 (52E04948)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=npf.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WPRO_41_2001.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GEARAspiWDM.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=irstrtdv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=DellRbtn.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ISCTD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=imsevent.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ikbevent.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=usb3Hub.sys
http://www.carr... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59635-bsod-computer-sleeps-computer-crashes.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Im running windows Computer or Hacked Computer Crashes Network bit home edition I LITERALLY Hacked Computer or Network Computer Crashes just reformatted my computer and shut it down last night and saw Hacked Computer or Network Computer Crashes error saying others are using this comp closing will kick them off I shutdown and rebooted and it took forever to boot up then crashed within minutes of use I just reformatted again and its still running slow I have not added anything but chrome I am not sure if my network is hacked as other computers I reforamtted are having the same issue Please help I have posted my FRST Log below and have attached the additional log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Will administrator on WILL-PC - - Running from C Users Will Downloads Loaded Profiles Will Available Profiles Will Platform Windows Home Premium X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe IDT Inc C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral ccf dd cb af stacsv exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral ccf dd cb af AESTSr exe LSI Corporation C Program Files LSI SoftModem agr svc exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x NortonInstaller C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E NIS A E D InstStub exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Sun Microsystems Inc C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe CyberLink Corp C Program Files x HP QuickPlay QPService exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe Sun Microsystems Inc C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe ATI Technologies Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Service exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run SynTPEnh gt C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run SysTrayApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run StartCCC gt C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run QPService gt C Program Files x HP QuickPlay QPService exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run QlbCtrl exe gt C Program Files x Hewlett-Pack... Read more

A:Hacked Computer or Network Computer Crashes

Hello youngwill and welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
please follow all instructions in the order posted
please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
IMPORTANT:
Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested
===================================================Note: Please carry out these instructions in the order given.
===================================================Reset the Router
Let’s try to reset the router to its default configuration.
this can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labelled "reset" located on the back of the router.
press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds).
if you don’t know the router's default password, you can look it up. here
you also need to reconfigure any security settings you had in place prior to the reset.
you may also need to consult with your Internet service provider to find out which DNS servers your network should be using.
Note: After resetting your router, it is important to set a non-default password, and if possible, username, on the router. This will assist in eliminating the possibility of the router being hijacked again.Flush the DNS
Now lets flush the DNS on the computer:
hold down your Windows key and press R
a “run” window will appear
type in cmd and press Enter
a black window will open
please enter the following text into that window and then press Enter:
ipconfig /flushdns

Note There is a space after “ipconfig” and before the forward slash.
===================================================Download and run AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
run AdwCleaner
when it has finished, select Clean
if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
on reboot a log will be produced; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.
===================================================Download and run Junkware Removal Tool Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator"
the tool will open and start scanning your system
please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
on completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open
post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
===================================================Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
Please run FRST again and post the new log plus the Addition.txt log which was also produced with the first run of FRST.Logs to include with next post:AdwCleaner log
JRT.txt
Frst.txt
Addition.txt
Thanks
Satchfan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597697/hacked-computer-or-network-computer-crashes/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey I have a Windows Xp Prof Sp Dell Latitiude D I m connected on a dialup and this is what Im trying to get my computer to fully shutdown in the minutes i specify ex minutes I sometimes leave the Shutting shutdown say"It it now want computer-Dont to down your computer" to safe is computer on at night and don t want it to be still on when i come back Something to make it automatically shutdown I got a program that shuts down the computer automatically And it works Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer" My computer shuts down but in the end it gets stuck at quot It is not safe to shutdown your computer quot I don t want it to do this because then someone needs to press the power button to fully shut it down Is there a way to make it so I don t come to this Also When I start up I see my username and a password box I don t have a password so I just press enter in the password box is there a way to make it so it doesn t ask for my blank password everytime I turn it on I can t find where to play with these settings If anyone can help Help pls thanksss nbsp

A:Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer"

This may help.
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutting-down-computer-dont-want-it-to-say-it-is-now-safe-to-shutdown-your-computer.348394/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone i recently have had having some computer problems which i have no clue why it s happening I have looked at many other posts yet could still not fix my problem I m new to computer hardware related stuff and to will due not Computer run to program restarting or installations games computer posting I was hoping someone could help me solve this or give a general idea of what s causing this to happen Computer Specs Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz ATI RADEON HD RV XT less than one month old Gigs of DDR -SDRAM DELL KP Motherboard Problem I recently started to game a lot more on my computer and decided to get a new ATI Radeon HD My computer was working great for about two weeks and now whenever I go to load a game my computer restarts its self It also restarts its self when I try to install any Computer will not run games or program installations due to computer restarting program It stars up the game or program installer then it goes to a black screen leading to the restart The games I play range from old games such as Diablo to Bullet storm I m sure there is a chance that it s a virus so I thought I should mention that I run BitDefender deep system scan Spybot S amp D Avast and Malewarebytes every day Temperatures CPU is C idling not sure of temp right before restart GPU is c idling not sure of temp right before restart I have tried Updating all drivers on my computer Ran prime torture test for six hours with no errors nbsp

A:Computer will not run games or program installations due to computer restarting

Perhaps the power supply is not up to the task and is giving out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-run-games-or-program-installations-due-to-computer-restarting.162002/
Relevancy 54.61%

My computer started crashing when I would try to run Norton AV . Then it started crashing when viewing pictures and videos. Took to repair shop and they could only find some spyware. I told that that everything was backed up so to just refomat. They also tested my ram and said it was fine in the testing but suggested changing it if the problem continued. It started crashing agian soon after getting it home. I replaced my ram and it still crashes. However yesterday I did get a successful virus scan.. everything looked fine with that. It is and Asus bourd, AMD 2200, Win XP with all the current windows updates. Any help would be appreciated.

PS
I had this problem a year ago and it seemed that replaceing a ram stick fixed it. When researching that someone suggested it could be the cache on the mother board. Could that be possible?

Boyd

A:Computer crashes. Have reformatted and changed ram, still crashes

hey dude i got a thing u can do first of all start the computer in safe mode then run your antivirus program and scan
next if there are any viruses that have been found you can then remove them
once done reboot and try scaning again but in normal mode to see if the problem has been fixed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-have-reformatted-and-changed-ram-still-crashes.31016/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have windows 10 and i cant play any steam games because either my computer crashes with a red screen/freezes or the game its self just exits.I am not over lock to my knowledge and when the computer crashes the temps seem to be fine. my specs are fx8350 and 7970.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/computer-crashes-red-screen-or-game-crashes-4603286/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi not sure if I am in the right area here as new to this site.
For the last 3 or 4 days my PC (windows XP Professional) keeps shutting the whole computer down whilst on the internet. There is no warning that this is about to happen and it doesnt reboot on its own. I have run my Mcafee virus scans every day and it is saying my system is 100% clean.
Does anyone have any idea as to why this may be happening?

A:Computer shutting down.

Hi and welcome to TSG.

I see you have put in your profile that you have a Fujitsu Seimens machine, what is the exact make/model of it?

Does it go through the full shutdown process or does it instantly switch off? Can you turn it back on immediately afterwards?

How old is the machine? It could be a heat related problem, have you ever cleaned it out inside? ie. blown it out with canned air?

Had you done any changes just before the problem started? ie. installed new software, done any updates, changed any hardware etc?

What, if any, Antivirus software and firewall are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.838351/
Relevancy 54.18%

The system gets a minute shut down timer after the windows desktop appears with the Windows must now restart because DCOM server process launcher service terminated Sometimes the computer shutsdown without warning also Need some advice from an expert Thank you guys for everything you do you probabally don t hear that enough Here is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v shutting Computer down Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Computer shutting down PROGRA ALWILS Avast Computer shutting down ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket shwserv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Computer shutting down Files Flock flock flock exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket GPVSvr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket RM SV exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashSimpl exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www weather com weather map interactive from tenDay topnav undeclared R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sony com vaiopeople F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - c program files real realone player rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot User O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS s... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.893732/
Relevancy 54.18%

I installed new drivers for the computer I use at home. Among other things to find the suitable drivers I found and downloaded Driver Robot. Due to Driver Robot's schedule which I cannot modify, I think the Driver Robot might be the cause of computer shutting down. I think it may have installed drivers that conflict with one another. It is my opinion that the drivers keep shutting my computer down, so I am asking this forum for help on how to fix this problem.

Edit: I've since uninstalled Driver Robot.

A:Computer keeps shutting down

Here are my two windump logs so you can analyze them.

PAGEDU64 ? ? ? ř˙˙p?  ř˙˙0  ř˙˙d?  Ń PAGE?? ?ř˙˙ ?? ?ř˙˙PAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGE?? ř˙˙PAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGEPAGE   ?  + + S +  ? ˘Ť?ř˙˙
?? ?ř˙˙ ˇŤ?ř˙˙ТŤ?ř˙˙  pĎ??ů˙˙ ?? ?ř˙˙  ~ű?˙˙pĎ??ů˙˙đŘ???˙˙  @ ? ř˙˙ ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456566/computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, over the past three days, my computer keeps shutting off and restarting. It's a Dell Dimension 8110 or B110, it's hard to tell if it's a number or letter. I'm running Windows XP.
The computer shuts off, then automatically restarts.

After I log onto my account, a Microsoft box pops up and says:

Microsoft Windows

The system has recovered from a serious error.

A log of this error has been created.

It then prompts me to send a report to Microsoft.

Can anyone help me with this? Is it a serious problem, and can I do anything to solve it, or figure out what or why it keeps happening? My son looked at it, and said that the only thing he noticed was that the fan sounded louder than ususal. Thanks

A:My computer keeps shutting off

Turn off Automatic Restart. Instructions can be found here.
http://www.kevinscrate.com/blog/2007...-reboot-in-xp/

Now when your computer crashes, it'll display a blue screen (Also known as the blue screen of death).

Also - please navigate to C:/Windows/minidump. If there are any files located there, please take all of them and zip them up and upload to your next post.

Thanks,

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-keeps-shutting-off-407258.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all.

One of my workmates is having a problem with his computer. As he goes to shut it down, it hangs at the "Windows is shutting down" and does nothing further. What possibilities are there that would cause this?

I don't know the specs as yet, though, before you ask. As I get the info I need, I'll let you all know.

Thank you in advanced.

Relevancy 54.18%

When I start up my brand new custom computer I let it run for a few minutes then I start steam then I play a game. 5 minutes later it shuts down completely and restarts for a second then shuts down and restarts again. It only happens when I play a game and It will happen multiple time. Im not sure what to do. I made sure i had all my drivers, updated everything, and im not sure what else to do. I have a 980 graphics card i5 processor, maximus 7 hero motherboard, and gskill 8g ram. please help

A:Computer shutting down

is the PC getting hot

can you Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows
System Failure Automatic Restart - Enable or Disable

now you should get a blue screen and a stop code
stop codes
http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
-------------------------------------

you may find some info in the event viewer - look for entries at time of restart
control panel>
administrative tools>
event viewer>
OR
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type eventvwr then press Enter
that will also open the event viewer
------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/computer-shutting-down-1001130.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
Suddenly my computer doesn't shut down. The start menu shows all the icons but when I click on them nothing works and so am unable to shut down. Its a Sony Vaio laptop with windows 7. I've not dowloaded anyting recently. I use the AVG anti virus.
I am able to browse the net and can open the folder as these icons are on the bottom tool bar.

thanks for any help

A:Computer not shutting down!

Let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
======
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista or Win 7 - right click the icon - run as Administrator
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.
======
Click Start - in the search box.
Type
msconfig

Click on the Start Up Tab.
Write down carefully what is listed and post the list here.
Or post a screenshot
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-shutting-down.1110441/
Relevancy 54.18%

Starting today my laptop has been shutting down Computer Shutting Keeps Down by itself I get a box that pops up from NT AUTHORITY saying the dcom server process launcher terminated unexpectedly Computer Keeps Shutting Down and shuts the computer down after a minute I also get another box that pops up saying Data Execution Prevention - Windows has closed this program - Generic Host Process for Win Services encountered a problem and needed to close I ve attached my HJT log hopefully there ll be something in it that will fix this I really don t know what to do at this point Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTDevSrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system dumprep exe C Program Files Creative Software Update SoftAuto exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll file missing O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll file missin... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.895914/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok so i have a PC here. It won't shutdown correctly.

It hangs when you click shutdown. It doesn't hang like this:

shutdown -> choose method -> hang

it hangs like this:

click shutdown -> hang

Here's the kicker.

It will shutdown fine if it's only been on for a few minutes, even after being fully booted and using a few programs.

But after an extended period of time, it will hang when clicking shutdown...

any ideas? It doesn't even bring up the shutdown menu, just hangs when i click shutdown...

A:Computer Not shutting down.

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

might help

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-shutting-down.638983/
Relevancy 54.18%

I seem to have been overtaken by something nasty When I click links using Firefox I m redirected somewhere else am also getting popups It s most likely something my kids installed although of course none will claim responsibility Thanks for any help Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Windows System PSLP exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier Computer down keeps shutting itself exe C Program Files HP Connections Program HP Connections exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows Explorer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Computer keeps shutting itself down Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - Hosts localhost O - HKLM Run Windows Updates c windows system Update exe O - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot c Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run WPCUMI C Windows system WpcUmi exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run hpqSRMon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run XboxStat quot C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe quot silentrun O - HKLM Run PSLP Agent C Windows System PSLP exe O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run Windows Updates c windows system Update exe O - HKCU Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE isuspm exe -startup O - HKCU Run ISUSPM quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler O - HKCU Run explorer C Windows explorer exe O - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem Us... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a HP Pavilion g6 laptop. I have it for a wile but now it refuses to shut down. I can only start programs in my taskbar. AND where i could first start programs in the start menu i cant do that now to. when i could do it the shut down options didnt work. I also cant use ctrl alt del. Anyone any idea?

A:Computer not shutting down

You might want to try a System restore from the command line -> Start System Restore from a command prompt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-not-shutting-down-665288.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently got a used Mac OSX G4. It works great except it won't stay on. Sometimes I can work on it for hours without a problem and other times it will shut off every two minutes or so. Please let me know if there is an easy fix!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.574641/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, back again,looks like I need to join th esite again. This time I have a different problem. I thought it was a problem with the power settings, but I played with them quickly before it would shut down on me. When it was set up to shut down in power sheme it did, when I switched the scheme to Hibernate it would hibernate. I turned off all schemes and it now shuts down again. Figuring I picked up a malware..

Please help me if you can TIA

A:Help Computer keeps shutting down

After several attempts, I was able to get the computer to boot into safe mode but did not think to have it set up with network access and therefore could not do the online scans that were recommended ( Panda) and DSS was not on my computer.

Since I was not sure I could get it to boot in safemode again I ran HJT that I had on the computer, here is the logfile.

I think I remember being busy on the computer and accidentally allowing a reg change when the request popped up. I am pretty sure I have malware that keeps shutting the computer down.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:05:46 AM, on 1/6/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\ssonsvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuimgr.exe
C:\hijakthis\Owner.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.att.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.comcast.net
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O2 - BHO: CSMHelperObj Class - {0F660F64-F4C9-477F-8529-44181B717472} - C:\Program Files\AT&T\WnClient\Programs\CSMBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WebCGMHlprObj Class - {56B38F40-4E70-11d4-A076-0080AD86BA2F} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\cgmopenbho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [S3TRAY2] S3tray2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checktime] c:\program files\HPSelect\Frontend\ct.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NapsterShell] C:\Program Files\Napster\napster.exe /systray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiteAdvisor] C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHe... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-computer-keeps-shutting-down-209068.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Here is the problem My My down. shutting computer computer shutting itself down especially while playing Warcraft from Garena After that when My computer shutting down. I start to open my computer again its shutting itself down Again in the middle of the windows loading screen All the time And sometime its just keeping shutting down Rarely And sometimes my computer isn t opening after that quot Shutting down quot thing But if I change my ram slots computer is just starting to open but My computer shutting down. same problem still occurs Shutting down thing imo its not about hardware things its just really occuring periodicly but im suspecting about ram But I m suscpecting about software things either That s why I came here I just want you guys to check my Hijack thing cause its especially occurs in warcraft HiJack This log removed as we don t analyze them in this forum and thus far there is no indication of malware OBI m waiting to hear from you Best regards

A:My computer shutting down.

Welcome aboard Download System Information for Windows (SIW free version)No installation required.After it scans your computer, navigate to Hardware>Sensors and post all info from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414263/my-computer-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

My anti-virus had expired, and i upgraded, but before i could upgrade, it started shutting down any time. Out of no where. (Which happened before but my warranty was still in, and dell came on and fixed the problem but never told me what it was, he fixed in like 15 minutes).
Well it is happening again, it is Not my power or my fan. Here is the error code i am getting from my log...

WARNING! The speed of processor 1 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 18 seconds since the last report.

AND THEN

ERROR!
The previous system shutdown at 6:47:22 PM on 10/2/2008 was unexpected.

I have Windows XP Home Basic
Dell Inspiron 1521
Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 1.80 GHz
Memory 2.00 GB
32-bit operating system

Relevancy 54.18%

here is my log Logfile of Keeps Shutting Own Computer On It's Down HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Computer Keeps Shutting Down On It's Own Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD Computer Keeps Shutting Down On It's Own exeC Program Files Logitech MediaLife MediaLifeService exeC Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exeC Program Files CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition pppeuser exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition ppped exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC DOCUME SONATA LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HijackThis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareBlock Class - A E F- A- B -B -E C A F - no file O - BHO no name - E CB - D A- FB -B CB- E FDDB - c windows system mipamip dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run Protect SHVRTF EXEO - HKLM Run MediaLifeService quot C Program Files Logitech MediaLife MediaLifeService exe quot O - HKLM Run Iomega Startup Options C Program Files Iomega Common ImgStart exeO - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run OM Monitor C Program Files OLYMPUS OLYMPUS Master FirstStart exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run mmtask quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe quot O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startguiO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck sys... Read more

A:Computer Keeps Shutting Down On It's Own

Hi jor220dan, If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Since there is a new version:1. Delete the old version of HijackThis!2. Download Hijack This! Save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\.Double click HijackThis.exe which you just downloaded, and hit "Do a system scan and save a logfile".Please post the HijackThis log in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98900/computer-keeps-shutting-down-on-its-own/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am working on an eMachine that starts, boots up but when it begins to think, it shuts down everything but the power supply. I thought it might be the fan on the cpu causing it to overheat as it seems like a heating problem so I put a new one in but nothing changed. I ran my diagnostics program which found nothing wrong and then tried a Motherboard POST diagnostics card which gave the code CO69. It is a Phoenix BIOS and the information I have tells me nothing. I would suspect the cpu because the heat sink was filthy but I am not getting anything to tell me for sure. Are there some tests available to check the cpu?

Thanks

A:Computer Shutting Down

Maybe it IS the power supply thats to blame? Not sure, I just posed a slightly similar problem. Some genius will be along here soon I hope

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.598411/
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows XP Professional Build Intel Pentium D CPU GHz CPUs GB RAM Page file MB used MB available DirectX c System model AWRDACPI NVIDIA GeForce GT MB memory with the latest drivers that the shutting down Computer NVIDIA site s scan suggested for the card It s a Fry s Electronics built brand computer It s about years old It works for most things but shuts off no screen or restart with maybe one exception that occured recently that ll explain later It shuts off with Guild Wars which meet the reccommended requirements for and in the past done so with Avast Spybot and warm weather Now it s mainly streaming video and Guild Wars I factory restored my computer and the problem still exists It appears to keep getting worse I installed SpeedFan but I only look at the numbers and pictures Opera and TweetDeck running but not long after a Avira virus scan Opera and TweetDeck running One minute of playing Guild Wars and shuting it off to screencap http www fryssupport net fm cfm This Computer shutting down is the computer As for the explaining later I did get one blue screen of death It was in the middle of playing and it froze I remember is said something Computer shutting down about a memory dump and I wish I could remember the rest I couldn t start it without it turning of again After a while of waiting and unplugging it it did but I heard a whirling spinning sound which later went away Now it shuts off sooner when playing nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

So ill go along and explain this whole situation from the top and hopefully i cover everything note some of the things in this process may have been stupid on my part but thats in the past now so id like to continue forward So i decided I wanted to format and reinstall windows on my computer the main reason being that i wanted to upgrade from home to professional but also it had been a while and just sorta wanted a refresh i'd like to note that to the best of my knowledge my computer was having no hardware problems or at least to the extent that i was having before this whole ordeal So i got a copy of windows from one of my buddies and inserted it booted from cd installed windows and began installing drivers until i felt tired and left my computer for the night All in all a pretty uneventful re-install I get back on in the morning and continue to install drivers and then try to install all my favorite programs when all computer shutting down of the sudden my laptop just turns off thought since its a high performance laptop and was on my lap it might have over heated i let it cool for a while before trying to turn it back on then and like everytime after when this happens the first time i push the power button it loads till the loading windows screen and then shuts off again then on the second start it loads windows completely thinking that this might be a corrupt hard drive problem i swapped out my hard drive for computer shutting down a new one formatted and installed win on this new hard drive repeated the process of installing drivers installing programs and for a good part of the day I should note that at this point i was convinced it was a faulty hard drive i completely dissembled the first hard drive so it is now out of the picture Then later in the day i got the same problem computer just shut down Starts to do it more rapidly so i start to think this is a RAM problem so i try running the computer with each stick separately problem still persists tried dusting out my laptop as but i could cleaned the RAM connects and still i am having this problem Also since it is not technically crashing i am not getting an error report So i am stuck out of ideas and cant find anything on Google related to my situation tl dr my computer just turns off since i am not getting a crash report this leads me to believe it is a hardware problem i have eliminated the cpu over heating bad hard drive and faulty RAM

A:computer shutting down

Hi and welcome to TSF,

With the Laptop unplugged from the mains remove the battery and re-connect to the mains and boot the system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-shutting-down-628638.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Well first of all i ll give up my off keeps Computer shutting system specs Mobo Gigabyte S-series Model GA-M SLI-S rev supports Amd Am duo Processor AMD Athlon X Dual Core Ram Wintec x Mb DDR Mhz x Seagate SATA Gb HDD x Seagate PATA Gb HDD Video Card Nvidia GForce GS OS Windows Xp Pro SP I just put this pc together myself first build and im having a Computer keeps shutting off problem my pc keeps losing all power it doesnt shut Computer keeps shutting off down it shuts off Its not the PSU i ve tried different ones Its not the cooling i checked that and the temps are where they re supposed to be I ve tried using just one stick of ram and i ve alternated them I dont think it could be the OS b c i booted it the other day and before i could get into the bios is shut off on me I ve checked every wire to make sure everything is plugged in completely everything is up to date I ve probably torn this pc apart about times already trying to figure out whats wrong with it I m going out of my mind Can anybody help me I d very much appreciate it nbsp

A:Computer keeps shutting off

Wintec is not a very popular brand, it could be corrupt. Attempt running memtest, that will prove if its the RAM or not. You said you tried different power supplies, how many watts were they?

P.S. I'm pretty sure you meant GeForce. And there is no such thing as an AMD Duo. Duo has to do with Intel's CPUs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-shutting-off.76817/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi!

When i get to pages that seem to have alot of graphics or alot of info to download my computer will rev up and then completely shut off all by itself. The light on the front will blink yellow. I wait awhile and then I unplug and replug from the back to start it again.

For examples of the types of pages, lately Facebook if I use FarmTown application or any of the apps actually. I watch movie on my computer too and the shut down will happen lately.

I ran AVG and it came up clean. No viruses.

I don't know what other info you need. Please let me know and I'll give you what I know. I'm not that up on computers that's why I'm here

I have a Dell Optiplex GX280
512 memory
500 gig hard drive with 340.47 free gig

I'm getting really annoyed and need help please!!
Thanks in advance.

A:Computer shutting down by itself

Blow out all fans with compressed air especially the processor fan and heat syn. As over heating will cause reboots. Do you have a separate video card? Which brand is it. Try installing the latest driver. If you are just using the VGA adapter on the motherboard, then try updating your driver from Dell.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shutting-down-by-itself-401669.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
For the past couple days my computer keeps shutting itself off since the CPU is being used at an alarming rate. It seems that if I am using explorer 8 and even firefox sometimes it cuts off. This has only been occurring recently.....i hope not due to the hot weather. I can't online stream, I can't even use youtube for very long. I also can't virus scan since the computer cuts off midway through a scan. I have opened up the back already and cleaned out as much as i possibly can however i am wondering if this is a software problem. I am willing to post my Hijack This log too if needs be.....If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

vmisir2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-keeps-shutting-off-395734.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a HP Pavilion a n computer Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition About months ago the computer shut down Help! Keeps :) Down Shutting Computer and would not come back on Took it to a computer repair shop and they said it was the power supply Computer Keeps Shutting Down Help! :) Got a new one and it has been fine up till now The last weeks it cuts off on its own or wont come on at all I have opened it up and made sure everything was tight and in its place and also cleaned the fans which had dust on them It still would not come on then after mins it did All fans were running when it came on but made no noise I downloaded SpeedFan to see the temps but am very unsure on how to read it I was wondering if anyone knew or maybe if anyone might have an idea of what the problem could be Thank You so much By the way here is what speedfan says CPU C Ambient C Remote C HD C Temp C Core C Fan RPM Fan RPM Fan Fan nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop keeps shutting down everytime I try to get on the internet, I have ran the de bug program but it says no worms or viruses anybody have any suggestions for me (running xp) and it dosent shut down if I am not on the internet.

Run spy-ware and ad-ware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.255022/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi there first computer shutting keeps down of all thanks for taking the time to look into this Since a few weeks my computer keeps shutting down randomly all of computer keeps shutting down a sudden I checked computer keeps shutting down with Ewido and Ad-aware nothing special However when I do spybot check it keeps shutting down at a specific moment during the check Haven't done Norton check as my AV I have to admit is a little out of date Anyhow is this a problem of the cooler potentially as that one is making quite some noise already since months and should I change it as perhaps the comp is overheating and therefore the comp shuts down or am I facing some kind of a virus here Here is the exctract from hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c APPS Powercinema Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe c APPS Powercinema Kernel TV CLSched exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLService exe C WINDOWS system gearsec exe c APPS HIDSERVICE HIDSERVICE exe C WINDOWS runservice exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system DeltTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SAGEM Wi-Fi USB g WLANUTL exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware oldewido exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google be R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all When I turn my computer on it shuts down without any warning It usually happens within minutes from when I boot my computer If it doesn t happen within that minutes it doesn t keeps Computer Down..help pls shutting shut down and i can use my computer for hours without any problems this problem happens Computer keeps shutting Down..help pls nearly everyday many times a day so i just keep rebooting until finally it doesn t shut down Is the problem with my power supply I have a watt antec Here is my sys info OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build CPU Athlon Ram GB MB video card Could it be a virus I have norton installed and i do a full system scan times a week Personally i dont think it is a virus because this morning it shut down when i tried to restart it the power turns on with an orange light but the system still would not start The virus can only work if my computer is already running right nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I just updated my windows vista desktop after a restore. I just went to turn off my computer, and after 5+ min it was still at the message saying shutting down. I had to press and hold down the power button. What could be the problem?

A:Computer not shutting down

it could be a program not responding or somthing......have you tried shutting it down since

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-not-shutting-down-683116.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Every time I watch a show on ABC, MTV, CBS etc. My computer will shut down within 10 minutes. This is the only time it does this. I mean I can watch Netflix with no problem. Help!!!

A:computer keeps shutting down

Hi nikilou28,Please provide the following details:Is it a laptop or a desktop?Since when are you facing this issue?Are you watching the show on a browser or a specific application?If you are using a browser, reset the browser using the link mentioned below:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737Also, check the power options and change it to never shutdown.For power options, open the Start Menu and type powercfg.cpl in the search box. Press enter.Thanks & RegardsManshu S#iworkfordell

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/computer-keeps-shutting-down/13409.html
Relevancy 54.18%

For the past 4 days - excluding Sunday, my computer keeps shutting down in the mornings. Most I seem to be able to keep it on is 10 minutes.
Someone said reset to previous safe date, but I am afraid of it shutting down in the middle of doing this.
Is it possible I have picked up a virus.
Why does it settle down by lunch time GMT
Help please
Please remember my knowledge on computer language and use is limited to switching on, reading and sending emails and using exel and word.
Simple language please.
Regards
Skeeg

Relevancy 54.18%

My computer keeps shutting down on its own after about an hour or less and lags recently when i watch videos using Windows Media Player Not sure what the problem is but can shutting Computer down keeps its on own anyone help me Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Computer keeps shutting down on its own C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C PROGRA HPQ ONE-TO OneTouch EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger Msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system HPConfig exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Documents and Settings Felicia Lee Ziying Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run PreloadApp c hp drivers printers photosmart hphprld exe c hp drivers printers photosmart setup exe -d O - HKLM Run srmclean C Cpqs Scom srmclean exe O - HKLM Run Display Settings C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities hptasks exe s O - HKLM Run QT HPOT C PROGRA HPQ ONE-TO OneTouch EXE O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run HPAIO PrintFolderMgr C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X hpoopm exe O - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger Msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button C Program Files Messenger Msgslang dll - - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem C Program Files Messenger Msgslang dll - - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explore... Read more

A:Computer keeps shutting down on its own

Looks clean even though there is no anti-virus protection.

Overheating could be a possibility. Have you checked inside the case for dust build up? Are all the fans clean and running properly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down-on-its-own.407646/
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer which is running XP Pro has developed a problem of shutting down occasionally I thought it was a heating problem but I checked all the fans and found the fan on the video card was bad I replaced the video card thinking the problem was solved only to find that that didn t change anything I am running it without the side on it and when it shuts down I check for any hot spots and Computer shutting down cannot detect any Also when it shuts off the light is still on on the front and I have to shut the power strip off and turn it back on to restart I don t have to do anything on the computer itself just the power Computer shutting down strip I checked the power supply and it seems to be working ok I ran a diagnostics test and the processor and motherboard test ok I would appreciate any suggestions as to what to do next Thank yuou nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I recently got stuck on this problem.. I click shutdown (and yes, the button is actually set to shutdown) but my computer boots up again right after it was supposed to cut the power(I can see the led flashing off and on again for half a second after the monitor goes blank)..

After this weird boot I find myself in windows without internet connection(it says I don't have a network card connected [printscreen attached]).. Again shutting down is not an option as my pc does the exact same thing as before..

Did CMOS reset - still not working.
Disabled Automatically restart (in Advanced system properties/System recovery) - still not working
Tried unplugging the network before shutdown - still not working...

I suspect a hardware problem, maybe the HDD but I am not sure..

I have attached a screenshot of the post-reboot and the CMOS settings..

A:Computer not shutting down..

Optimal SATA controller setting for Win7 is AHCI. AHCI Enable in Windows 7

If you have no network driver then you probably have other missing drivers which may be causing your restart.

Import the network driver from the PC or adapter's SUpport Downloads webpage to install it and get online, then Enable hardware auto-updating via Windows Update (Step 3), Check for Windows Updates, install all Important and Optional Updates with reboots until no more are offered when you go back to check.

Then post back a screenshot of your Device Manager.

Or start over and follow the steps for a Clean Reinstall Windows 7 which always results in a perfect install which will stay that way for as long as you use only the tools and methods given.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373084-computer-not-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer has begun shutting itself down upon start up. It started by stating that it needed to start up using the last known working configuration. We let it and it opened at a very low dpi setting. The settings cannot be changed, almost as if it is in safe mode. I tried replacing the power supply and the graphics card with known working substitutes with no luck. The computer began cycling on and back off again any time it is turned on. Before shutting down it tries to open a file called 'system 32' then shuts down.

Hi
What is the exact error you get on the screen?Is it like is a long error on a blue screen?It could be possible that the system32 folder in windows is corrupt.Have you tried reinstalling windows?is it windows XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.248445/
Relevancy 54.18%

I need to do this as quick shutting computer keeps down as possible Even though I m in safemode with networking I keep shutting down Please help I have had this problem before and fixed it throught this computer keeps shutting down website Please help My cd drive isn t opening for me and it won t read the disks anyway Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO ALOT Toolbar - AA BA - - dc - - AB FA AE - C Program Files alot bin alot dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO AIM Toolbar Loader - b cda -b - eef-a - a ac dbf - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar no name - C B - - d - B - A CD F - no file O - Toolbar Starware Music - a f -cb - aa - ec-fc b b - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dll file missing O - Toolbar IE Custom Tools - C DFA F - - E - E - D F B - C Program Files Online Add-on ictmdl dll file missing O - Toolbar ALOT Toolbar - AA BA - - dc - - AB FA AE - C Program Files alot bin alot dll O - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - ecd-cc - -a c- aaccbd - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AIM Toolbar - b c c- efa- - f-bcb e a b - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - Extra button PokerStars - AD F C-ED - e -B D - B F A EF - C Program Files PokerStars PokerStarsUpdate exe O - Extra button AIM - AC ... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a thread in Hijack section and I have pretty well cleaned everything up
and they think it may be a hardware issue or something else.
What should I try?

Thanks

A:Computer Shutting down by itself

it would really help if you provide your computer hardware specs. what motherboard, power supply, cpu, ram, do you have? etc.etc.etc.

since the computer is shutting down by itself, it could be a power issue. try a spare power supply if you got one. if you dont then i recommend purchasing a good quality power supply such as antec or enermax. you can get these brands from your local computer store.

do you have a dell computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shutting-down-by-itself-69755.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Any suggestions my computer shuts down after windows screen saver starts I just noticed it the other night and I have no idea as to why and Shutting Computer down how to fix it I usually turn off Computer Shutting down the monitor when I m done and shut the whole thing down at night Now when I turn off the monitor and return hours later the computer is shut off but the monitor is on standby When I start the computer again I get the grey bar s at the bottom telling me quot for advance troubleshooting press F quot as if it wasn t shut down properly Can you help me I m running Windows XP Pro Here is my system info OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name OLDDELL System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation System Model L r System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Intel Corp A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS System Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name OLDDELL Denise Harrold Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory MB Available Virtual Memory MB Page File Space MB Page File C pagefile sys Any other questions feel free to ask Laura nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone,

I leave my PC on 24/7 because my email program (outlook express) runs a fully automated e-books business. But for the last few days, suddenly when I have looked back at the PC it has re-started its self somehow.
Can anybody explain the reasoning behind this?

Best regards,

Carl

A:Computer keeps shutting down!!!

Hi,

It might be a good idea to run a temp and voltage check on your computer. Most newer ones have onboard programs that will do that. If not, then here is a free program you can download that will help:

Sandra Lite Utility

http://www.download.com/3000-2086-10018691.html

or

Speedfan will tell you the temperatures and a whole lot more. It's free

http://www.sofotex.com/SpeedFan-download_L4655.html

or

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Also, you need to list what motherboard, what CPU, the brand name and wattage of your power supply, and whatbrank, type and how much memory. Video card information might also help us to pinpoint something that may indicate a problem.

Post back and we will take a closer look at your situation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-keeps-shutting-down-68689.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

I have just completed a format of my computer and re-installed all the software. Now when I try to rip a cd onto the hard drive using either Windows media player 10 or Itunes, the computer switches off like it has over heated. I have had over heating problems and this is just the same except it can happen straight after switching on when cold. I partitioned the HDD when formatting so that I could put all my music on the 20 Gig partition. It was working fine before the format .Can anyone help?

My Spec is:

Windows XP SP2
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
512 Ram

I have run Norton Anti-Virus

Thanks

ABD

Relevancy 54.18%

I am getting a few different message that follow with restarting Windows one says quot quot Windows must now restart because the Plug and Play service terminated unexpectedly quot Another says quot Windows must down itself Computer keeps shutting now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launcher Service terminated unexpectedly quot I also am getting popups and apparently a browser hijacker that kicks in when i click links on Google searches I'm running AVG which is occasionally finding some things but it's not real clear on what or how it fixed it or even if it did I also have Ad-Aware Computer keeps shutting itself down but every time I run it it freezes up about halfway through a scan I tried running it in Safe Mode and it still froze up I've updated it but it still does it I have Hijack-This I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post the log so I will go ahead and do so Thank you for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files HP HP Computer keeps shutting itself down Software Computer keeps shutting itself down Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows System mobsync exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Tunebite WebRipPlugin Class - AA - B - e -B BC- D C A D - C Program Files RapidSolution Tunebite plugins IE TB WebRipIePlugin dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Google Gears Helper - E FEFE -FBF - AE-BA - CA E FB - C Program Files Google Google Gears Internet Explorer gears dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C... Read more

A:Computer keeps shutting itself down

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-keeps-shutting-itself-down-459323.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer works fine after coming from stand by mode. But when I tried to shut down the computer it is restarting instead of shutting down. If i am not using the stand by mode it is shutting down properly. It is a Dell computer. The Dell tech support does not have a solution for this. Help ME !!!!!!!!!!

A:computer is not shutting down

I have a feeling it may be something to do with 'Power Option' in Control Panel. Please look through this to see if there is something there telling it to restart when trying to shutdown!?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-is-not-shutting-down-230982.html
Relevancy 54.18%

The computer is randomly shutting itself down and restarting itself I m not sure what the cause is or what provokes it but it does this randomly without warning Any help would be greatly appreciated Below attached are the GMER amp DDS resultsDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Kaspersky Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C FW Kaspersky Internet Security enabled C D BC - - -A F -E C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files iTunes Down Shutting Itself Computer iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Computer Shutting Itself Down Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exec PROGRA mcafee Computer Shutting Itself Down SITEAD mcsacore exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Installed Virus Stuff dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www rodrigony com mStart Page about blankuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuURLSearchHooks Winamp Search Class bca fa- dbb- a -b - c f b - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dlluURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllmURLSearchHooks Winamp Search Class bca fa- dbb- a -b - c f b - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e Computer Shutting Itself Down ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Winamp Toolbar Loader cee ec- - bc- b - ddc ab c - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllBHO IEVkbdBHO Class ab -e d - f -a a - fa cca c - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ievkbd dllBHO aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - Google Toolbar HelperBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO FilterBHO Class e cf -d - a- f - f a f - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security klwtbbho dllTB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - TB Winamp Toolbar ebf ba - - c a- b-bb f d de - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllTB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dlluRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgrounduRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun WinampAgent quot c program files winamp winampa exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exemRun avp quot c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security avp exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adobeg lnk - c program files common files adobe calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeIE amp Winamp Search - c documents and settings all users application data winamp toolbar ietoolbar resources en-us local search htmlIE Add to Anti-Banner - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ie banner deny htmIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE FE - FCB- AC-B - F - FE - FCB- AC-B - F - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security klwtbbho dllIE CCF ... Read more

A:Computer Shutting Itself Down

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319817/computer-shutting-itself-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Triple-Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MEDIONPC MS- To be filled by O E M Antivirus AVG Internet Security Update My computer keeps shutting down randomly as you keeps down Computer shutting can tell from the title I ve tried a number of things I opened the side of the tower and put a fan on it to see if it was just overheating that didn t help blew the dust out of the inside checked my drivers to make sure Computer keeps shutting down they re updated I ve run AVG ESET and Microsoft security essentials virus checks I ve run the iobit freeware registry scanner that didn t turn anything up I really don t know what it could be unless it s hardware and I m hoping it s not that because I d rather it was something I can fix with your guys help Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Alright here s the deal My initial problem involved attempting down. Computer shutting to play games specifically Ragnarok Online though any game beyond Solitaire suffered the same fate These games would run for five to ten minutes and then the computer would reboot My initial response was quot Heat quot So I added another fan didn t help So I removed the side cover of the case Still didn t help Furthermore I did some quot testing quot used my hand to feel the heat and the temperatures varied from burning me to barely any at all So I ve dropped that avenue Computer shutting down. of investigation My next thought after some research was the Computer shutting down. video card I was using Computer shutting down. onboard video to play these games so I thought maybe that was overtaxing the system So I finally bought a Radeon PCI mobo only supports PCI but that didn t make the slightest bit of difference Upon more research thinking about it myself I settled upon my RAM as the perpetrator I ran a few memory tests all of which came back negative for any problems however I wasn t convinced I was only running one stick of DDR perhaps THAT was overtaxing it since is suggested for RO So I returned the video card I m poor and bought a new stick of DDR Didn t help in fact it appears to have gotten worse which is where I m at now Now the computer shuts down after about five or ten minutes of doing ANYTHING after it shuts down it ll only come on for about twenty seconds unless I let it rest for about twenty minutes or so I tried taking out the old stick of RAM I tried it with both sticks I tried it with ONLY the old stick Nothing is helping My newest suspect after reading a post here is the PSU or God forbid the mobo Help Please gt lt nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

I have a computer that has windows-vista with a 32 bit processor. It shuts down when I run a scan and gives no errors I have went in and shut the auto shut down and reboot off so it will show me the error but it still shuts off I have no virus or nothing on the computer. I have been working with spybot search and destroy forums and they refered me to ya hope ya can help looking forword to working with ya. Hopely ya can give me some answers. Your registry booster want scan either it just shuts off.

A:Computer Keeps shutting down

What kind of scan were you running ? Antivirus ? You mentioned registry booster as the second type of scan that shuts it down.

What antivirus program are you using? Do you also have a malware scanning program like MalwareBytes ? It is conceivable that virus or malware would seek to prevent you from running an antivirus scan and shut your machine down. Some antivirus programs are better than others at detection. I know you said you don't have any virus, but tell us what you are using.

A scan can be considered a heavy duty task, and if dust is covering your cpu heatsink or exhaust fans, heat can build up. The motherboard then detects overheating and shuts your PC down. Open up your computer case and check it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.924830/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All,

I am having an issue with my computer what is happing it that quite frequently the system will show the dreaded blue screen but will not allow me the read it then shuts off.

The only way I can start it again is to unplug it from the mains the plug it back in again. if I try to just start it all that happens is the the fan start and the hard drive read light comes on but doesn't go off along with the power on light but the initialisation process does not continue.

I would appreciate any help the you could give me.

A little about my spec

Windows xp
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
512MB Ram

Thank you

Have you recently installed a new driver, hardware device, or application? If so, it may be the problem. Also, to be able to read the blue screen, which may give more insight, follow these steps:
Go to system properties (Control Panel or right click My Computer, click Properties)
Advanced Tab
Under Startup and Recovery, Settings button
Under System Failure, uncheck "Automatically Restart" checkbox

This will prevent the auto reboot when you get the blue screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shutting-down-213367.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi i have a recent new computer and for some reason it keeps shutting down. i ran a snam nothing there i cleaned disk and everything i was on another site and ran a log and everything and they told me nothing was there but why is it shutting down plz help thanks

A:my computer keeps shutting down

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you do the following:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or

Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed

with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-

click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

(If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from

here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before

scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the

main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the

Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

Click Close to exit the program.

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

So, i... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down.843152/
Relevancy 54.18%

Whenever I shut down my computer it goes throught everything like it is shutting down correctly and everything, but for some reason it keeps restarting. I have tried the things I think would fix it.. If anyone knows the answer please help!

Thanks,
FuSiON

Btw, I have a Dell with Windows XP Home Edition. (Friends computer )

Relevancy 54.18%

My client has got a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Vista Home Premium.
She has got this problem where the computer goes into standby and then doesn't respond when she goes to use it again.
I went into the power settings and changed them to make the display standcy after 15 minutes and Never put the computer to sleep.
I did some research and found that installing SP2 solved the problem, so I installed that.
It worked for about 3 weeks and yesterday it started again.
All I've done this time is updated the graphics driver.
The CPU temperature is 46C, but even the Dell monitoring utility won't even tell me anything about the fan speed!
The laptop was only purchased in May!

Try http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html
I use it under XP, Vista , and Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.845995/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am helping somebody in trying to fix their computer. Here are the specs:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.0 GHz
512 MB RAM
Windows XP
I don't know about power supply etc. because its not my computer.

The problem is reportedly that they can no longer import CDs or files in general. they thought that it was running out of space, so they bought an external HDD. They moved their files onto the external hard drive then tried to delete the files from the computer. After hooking up the HDD they have found that the computer will shut down while trying to do anything. I immediately thought of overheating but have not been able to find out

I am planning to run memtest86 and a chkdsk on the internal hard drive. Is there anything else I should be looking for? I don't have any experience with BIOS and i don't know how to check if it is overheating.

Relevancy 54.18%

hey all i seem to be having a problem with my computer, when i try to shut down the system it wont shut down it restarts i have to push in teh power button and hold it in for 6 seconds in order to turn my computer off.I have windows xp home, a gigabyte GA-7VA mother board with an AMD xp 2400+.. please help

Relevancy 54.18%

This is a copy from my event viewer non of the information is very informative I have copies of the dumps stored in C WINDOWS MEMORY DMP But still nothing obvious Please help Error a m BugCheck None Error a m EventLog None Critical a m Kernel-Power Error a m BugCheck None Error a m EventLog None Critical a m Kernel-Power Error a m Service Control Manager None Error a m BugCheck None Critical a I shutting not when day using is down computer am my Why it every m Kernel-Power Error a m EventLog None Error a m Service Control Manager None Error p m Service Control Manager None Error p m BugCheck None Critical p m Kernel-Power Error p m EventLog None Error p m Service Control Manager None Error p m BugCheck None Error p m EventLog None Critical p m Kernel-Power Error a m Service Control Manager None Error a m BugCheck None Error a m EventLog None Critical a m Kernel-Power Error a m Service Control Manager None Error a m BugCheck None Error a m EventLog None Critical a m Kernel-Power Error p m Service Control Manager None Error p m Service Control Manager None Error p m BugCheck None Critical p m Kernel-Power Error p m EventLog None Error a m BugCheck None Error a m EventLog None Critical a m Kernel-Power Error a m BugCheck None Error a m EventLog None Critical a m Kernel-Power Error a m Service Control Manager None Error a m BugCheck None Why is my computer shutting down every day when I am not using it Critical a m Kernel-Power Error a m EventLog None Error a m Service Control Manager None Error p m Service Control Manager None Error p m BugCheck None Critical p m Kernel-Power Error p m EventLog None Error p m Service Control Manager None Error p m BugCheck None Error p Why is my computer shutting down every day when I am not using it m EventLog None Critical p m Kernel-Power Error a m Service Control Manager None Error a m BugCheck None Error a m EventLog None Critical a m Kernel-Power Error a m Service Control Manager None Error a m BugCheck None Error a m EventLog None Critical a m Kernel-Power Error p m Service Control Manager None Error p m Service Control Manager None Error p m BugCheck None Critical p m Kernel-Power Error p m EventLog None

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5f875824-7caa-4593-ad99-205728e46efa/why-is-my-computer-shutting-down-every-day-when-i-am-not-using-it?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 54.18%

I bought a new Athlon XP 1700 CPU due to someone frying my other one. The person who fried it bought me a new one and it wouldn't work either. So that is why I bought this latest one. I tried installing it 2 days ago and it wouldn't work also. I figured it was the motherboard now. What is the odds of buying 2 cpu's and they both don't work?? I just bought a new motherboard and installed the cpu to it and now when I go to start the computer it will run for about 8 seconds or so and then will shut off. When I try to restart it will not. But if I unplug the power cord and then plug it in again it will start up again and then go through the same process. Please help!!!!!!

A:Computer Shutting off

Could be powersupply, could be overheating due to heaksink being installed incorrectly or the tape not removed off the bottom, or not using the right heat transfer compound. If it runs for 8 seconds, I doubt it's the motherboard at all. It Sounds mostly like the power supply, I'd start there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-off.138223/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello right now im using a older computer to type this message becuase my ather computer wont work I am wondering if you can help me out down shutting Computer is with the problem I have on my ather computer Ok my computer was working fine when I came home but when I dicided to go get something to eat When I came back I moved my mouse and it dindt work using a wirlless mouse and keyboard I pressed ctrl alt dlt but my keyboard didnt work Then I pressed the reset button and my mouse worked but not the keyboard so i dicided to restart my computer When it started up agin the key board still didnt work i checked the plugs and they Computer is shutting down were conected so i decided to turn of my computer by pressing the button with out safley turning it Computer is shutting down off I kept doing this process times but the keyboard dindt work Then i Computer is shutting down left my computer on and let it load but now when it gets in too second of loading it shuts down saying a Windows serious error that i cant fully read because it shuts down realy qucik and restarts the computer and keeps reapeating its self How do i stop it from restarting and could this be a virus I cant contact microsoft becuase it asks me for a windows XP serial which I cant find out with the Computer shuting down every time

A:Computer is shutting down

Hello and Welcome to TSF

First try booting into Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key at boot. If no success place the windows cd in the cdrom and try booting from the cd. You may have to change the boot sequence in the BIOS first.
Also if you have a ps2 keyboard and mouse lying around try using those instead of the wireless till you get it up and running again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-is-shutting-down-80953.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello My daughter was trying to copy some files onto Computer Shutting Down a disk and left the disk in the drive overnight i didn t realize this until much later on The following morning I noticed the computer was shut off and attempted to turn it on pressing the power button and there was no activity I Computer Shutting Down tried this several times and but to no avail There was no sound coming from the computer fan Computer Shutting Down thrashing or even the sound of the computer booting up I thought perhaps that either the HD died or there was some other power failure I went to unplug the computer to take it to a shop to have them test this theory and the computer fan turned on and then back off again When I heard this I plugged it back on an tried the power button again Voila it turned on but with a error message that s when I realized the disk was in the machine I removed the disk and started the process of turning it off and back on again It booted into Windows and I received a message that there was a serious problem with Windows Im somewhat computer savvy and so I figured the disk being in the drive all night caused the problem and I tried to do a system restore f - I have an HP Pavillion several times During the process the computer would remain on anywhere between - minutes then shut down Since the f didn t work I contacted HP to ask them to please send recovery CDs because my system was corrupted and it needed to be rebuilt Because I purchased the computer as an open-box special at Walmart and it was registered under someone else s name they wouldn t send it to me unless I sent them my purchase receipt which I would have no idea now where it is since the computer is years old I purchased a copy of windows xp professional and decided I would install it and got through about the process until it started to install windows and it kept shutting down at that point tried times At this point I m at a loss as to what to do or what could be the problem and could use some assistance in helping me fix this problem Please ask whatever necessary questions and I ll do my best to answer them as specifically as possible I hope that I ve given enough information about this problem Looking forward to a solution Cee nbsp

It could be the power supply failing...if you can swap it out..... it could also be a heat issue ...open the case up after disconnecting the power cord as turning it off does not turn off the power to the mobo...blow out any dust bunnies and clean the CPU heatsink and fan...leave the side cover off and plug it back in and see if any fans you have are running when you turn it on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.508049/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi My computer Dell Inspiron XP Home sp keeps shutting down if I down! Computer shutting keeps try to run a scan AVG it shuts down Sometimes it just shuts down in the middle of doing somthing I thought I may be having HDD probs so I formated the Computer keeps shutting down! HDD reloaded Windows and still had the same probs Okay well I must be having HDD probs installed new Computer keeps shutting down! HDD S O S My question is are there any good software programs out there that can analyze my computer and tell me whats up I ve used hijack this and removed a few things highlighted in red Still S O S I supect I had a major virus can a virus stay in your computer even after installing a new HDD and if so how can I get rid of it when it shuts down during a virus scan Not just AVG but any virus removal program I use s amp d Avast every online free virus scan Thank you Computer keeps shutting down! for your help Steve

A:Computer keeps shutting down!

I supect I had a major virus, can a virus stay in your computer even after installing a new HDD?No but if you saved your documents, settings, pictures or music and reinstalled them, you can get reinfected that way

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259501/computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

For the last 2 weeks my computer would shut down by it self. It would not shut down completely- the green lights where the num ,cap ,scroll locks would all flash and the fans in the tower would start and stop. Only if I would unplug it would everything shut off. Even if I would shut down normally this would happen but if I hold the power button in to shut down it would shut down completely. Had it in the shop for 5 days and they just resat all internal parts and cleaned dust out of the tower.Still did the same thing when I brought it home. Went back and duplicated the problem in front of the tech and he said he thinks its the MOBO or PSU. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I have re formatted windows so there are no viruses .

Thanks

Try another psu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.858915/
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer is very slow and with Need shutting down computer help shutting down numerous programs and applications alot are saying quot program failed to Need help with computer shutting down initialize properly and will now shut down quot I was unable to run the gmer scan as it kept encountering problems Some info to help is the following error messages i have encountered out of memory at line iedw exe - Application error here is the results of my dds scan DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sun Internet Explorer Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No File TB BC FFE -DE F- FA-B -AAD B F - No File uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRun WeatherEye c program files theweathernetwork weathereye WeatherEye exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun LXBTCATS rundll c windows system spool drivers w x LXBTtime dll RunDLLEntry IE B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - c program files partygaming partypoker RunApp exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c progra spybot SDHelper dll Trusted Zone facebook com www DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B - hxxp www apple com qtactivex qtplugin cab DPF CCA D- A - E -B - DEE D - hxxp upload facebook com controls v FacebookPhotoUploader cab DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp go microsoft com fwlink linkid DPF C - A - A - -F F D - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs director sw cab DPF D ED D- C - B- AE- D FDC FB - hxxp acs pandasoftware com activescan cabs as stubie cab DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB - hxxp gfx hotmail com mail w resources MSNPUpld cab DPF C D - BE - - EC - D DBD A - hxxp upload facebook com controls FacebookPhotoUploader cab DPF D F B - - D-A - D - hxxp messenger zone msn com EN-CA a-UNO GAME UNO cab DPF F B -B - DD- F - B ECC - hxxp upload facebook com controls FacebookPhotoUploader cab DPF F E-D CA- F-A E -F A EED B - hxxp www worldwinner com games v bejeweled bejeweled cab DPF DABFBF-D AB- FA- C -CC F - hxxp download divx com player DivXBrowserPlugin cab DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab DPF A C -FF D- B - -F F D B CB - hxxp www worldwinner com games shared wwlaunch cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current polarbear ultrashim cab DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E - hxxp acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst ca... Read more

A:Need help with computer shutting down

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Sorry for not being able to have replied to your topic earlier. If you still need help, please start a new thread and post a fresh set of logs requested in our pre-posting process outlined below, as it has been quite a while since you posted:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

If you're still unable to run GMER, download this special version of GMER Rootkit Scanner from here to your desktop. Double click the exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.

Click the image to enlarge it

In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ... Sections
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/need-help-with-computer-shutting-down-379041.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay my computer was shutting down without warning. I tried running my virus scan which found nothing so went about my business (playing farmville). Well finally it shut down this morning in SAFE mode. I was trying to get my files on my passport before it totally died.

Now, it won't even boot up off my knoppix CD, which i thought was reallly weird.

I can't access anything long enough to get a HJT log. Please help me!

I'm running windows Vista home premium . I don't remember the specs, but I bought it in 2007 and it was close to top of the line Gateway.

Thanks in advance

I was able to restart and it went to something called startup repair, and it recommended system restore, which it's doing right now....not sure if this will fix anything, but if I can get the files you require I will do that first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/computer-keeps-shutting-down-532224.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok here s the thing I ve built this desktop computer myself Everything was fine on it I was adding programs and installing the internet etc But recently it s just shutting down unexpectedly for no apparent reason I thought it was because I didn t have a case fan instead I just had the sides off so I bought a fan but it s still doing it I ll be just doing a few things on it just after shutting Computer keeps down. starting up such as Computer keeps shutting down. going onto the internet then it just shuts down It s restarting itself I Computer keeps shutting down. can t even get onto it long enough to run a virus check on it to see if that s the reason I ve tried going into it in Safe Mode I get the the Safe Mode screen click Windows XP edition it goes through some procedures and normally it brings up a lot of white words blah blah blah then goes straight onto the desktop screen but after the words it just shut down again I don t know how to go about fixing this Any suggestions please Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

It started about two weeks ago. It would go to the screen saver, and then when it would go to sleep you couldn't wake it up using the mouse or keys. If you shut off the monitor and turned it back on, you'd get the bouncing icon that says you're monitor is alive, so it's not the monitor. Now it's gotten to the point where it's not even waiting to go to sleep. The computer will just cut off by itself. The lights are still on the computer but no one's home. It is running Windows XP.

Thanks.

A:Computer keeps shutting off

Firrst check for a possible heat issue. Open up the computer, inspect all fans and blow out the garbage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-off.482943/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi, hope im in the right place,im looking for some advice with a problem i have.my computer on windows vista,works fine until you try to close a window, then it starts to shut down,and a warning appears saying ,internet explorer has stopped working,if you press cancel it returns back to the home page. its a real pain as you have to keep minimizeing every page instead of closeing it.greatfull for any advice.

Sounds like you have a virus infection but I'm not entirely sure. Try downloading HijakThis and posting the log in Malware Removal and HJT Logs and ask someone to take a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.790868/
Relevancy 54.18%

About 4 days ago my computer got a new PSU. Things are a bit better than they were ( Now it can actually BOOT WIN 7 )... BUT ( There is always a but, isn't it? ) today i installed a great game that I enjoy playing, Assassin's Creed 2. After a 15 minutes of pure fun, my computer just shut down, no BSOD, no warning, nothin'. My specs are:

CPU: AMD Anthlon 62X2 5000+ Black Edition 2.6GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600GSO 384Mb VRAM, 128Bit
RAM: 4Gb DDR2 800MHz Kingston
Motherboard: Biostar NF520-A2 TE AM2
PSU: Platinum 400W

Now any game i play my computer shuts down... Can this be caused by bad PSU, dust, high temperature or something else? Please help me.

If a new PSU helped I can only imagine that it is underpowered but looking at the spec it should be able to cope.

Have you the latest driver for your card?
And have you checked event viewer? (type event viewer into search box,try the system tab)

And also,32bit will only be able to use 3GB MAX ram,64bit will allow use of 4GB or more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/151481-computer-shutting-down.html