Windows Support Forum

How Can I Enable Boot Opition #1 on my Samsung Laptop

Q: How Can I Enable Boot Opition #1 on my Samsung Laptop

Re: Samsung 365E5C-S05. In the Aptio Setup Utility, under Boot Option Priority under the Boot tab, the Boot Option #1l is Windows Boot Manager (PO. . . . .) When I highlight it and click on, it says it is disabled and I feel that I have to enable it. Can anybody tell me how to effect that? There are no boxes to check, it jujst says disabled. Thank You.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526177/how-can-i-enable-boot-opition-1-on-my-samsung-laptop/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How Can I Enable Boot Opition #1 on my Samsung Laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 60.63%

Re: Samsung Laptop 365E5C-S05. Under Boot Option Priority, in the Setup Utility the Boot option #1 is Windows Boot Mangager (PO....1). It is disabled. How can I enable it? There is no box to check to enable it. Thank You.

A:Can't enable Boot Option in my laptop.

Originally Posted by zuko53

Re: Samsung Laptop 365E5C-S05. Under Boot Option Priority, in the Setup Utility the Boot option #1 is Windows Boot Mangager (PO....1). It is disabled. How can I enable it? There is no box to check to enable it. Thank You.

If you highlight that option then press Enter, does not an options dialog box appear?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41927-cant-enable-boot-option-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi looking for some help please Samsung R Laptop i GB ram GB Hd Window Home Premium bit The Hardrive has partitions as far as im aware C drive D drive Recovery partition amp another which is like mb not sure what it does When i power on the laptop it gives me options Launch Startup Repair reommended Which just goes to a blank screen and doesnt do anything for a couple of minutes then goes to blue screen like the windows screen and goes n futher Start Windows Normally I get the starting windows screen then it will try to load for a few minutes then flashes for a second and you can see a blue screen then it restarts its self When starting the machine machine it has the option of Boot Issues Laptop Samsung pressing F to use the samsung recovery solution but this wont load either it just hangs on the screen and says please wait but wont load I have a backup which was made for this solution when it was new I have also tried F on boot also and choose the option Samsung Laptop Boot Issues to Repair your Computer it just gives blank screen at first then goes to a blue screen like the windows screen i mentioned above that has like leafs on the bottom right corner Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello i dropped my samsung s laptop and now it wont boot it just gets stuck at the samsung logo and wont laptop Samsung boot? it says press f f at the bottom if i just leave the laptop its just stuck at that screen but if i turn it off and on and press f before the bar at bottomloads then it takes me to a black screen with Samsung laptop wont boot? an underscore if i Samsung laptop wont boot? wait mins eventually it loads that setup page but there isn anything i can do to fix it from their but f just freezes before the system restore page appears f makes the computer turn off please help me i know its the harddrive but i seriously need these files for work and i dont want to buy a new one please help or even solutions to how to copy the files somehow if i leave it to boot for a long time it says windows failed to start and info quot the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot i click next and it freezes on a black screen

A:Samsung laptop wont boot?

Hi try as we might if your harddrive is damaged there is nothing to do but replace it to try to save your data you can try test disc or even a linux cd or PhotoRec you would need to use another computer and a usb caddy for test disc or PhotoRec
How to recover lost drive with test disk
PhotoRec - CGSecurity
Use Puppy Linux Live CD to Recover Your Data - Geeks to Go Forums
That is the best I can think of except you might be able to connect the usb to another computer and if it recognises it pull of the data that way

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/samsung-laptop-wont-boot-671532.html
Relevancy 60.63%

A friend's Samsung laptop would no longer boot, and startup repair would run and failed several times.

We planned to restore it to factory original, but wanted to boot to a Linux disk to copy his files first. In order to allow that, we went into Setup and disabled Fast Bios mode, disabled Secure Boot, and changed the OS mode from UEFI to CSM. We booted the Linux disk, copied his files, then reset all the Setup settings back. But now the computer will not boot at all, it shows the Samsung logo screen, then shuts itself off. We reset Setup to Optimized Defaults, made no change.

There does not seem to be any hardware failure since I can still boot to the Linux disk and see the hard drive if I make all the same changes that we made the first time around in Setup. Any ideas what to try next? Thanks
edit: corrected some BIOS terms

A:Samsung laptop boot problems

Samsung probably has some documented method to troubleshoot while booting. Something like holding down a key or two while powering on. Then, beep codes could be heard that tell what the problem could be, when looked up. I'd check into that.

Check if the bios is set to AHCI or not.

I know people like having their recovery partitions - but - if this was my machine, I'd use Killdisk on the hdd. I'm the type that disables System Restore and never has any backup whatsoever for the OS itself besides install media, and since I am very knowledgeable, it's always been smooth sailing for me like this. Others perhaps not.

(My Windows 7 on my main machine has been the same install since early betas. I just recently was given a motherboard, memory and cpu which were all better than what I had - so I bit the bullet and clean installed Windows for it, heh.)

But, ya. If you have an install disk, then Killdisk might not be a bad idea for ya.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39180-samsung-laptop-boot-problems.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Whenever I press the power key, the screen lights up with "matrix" like screen. Then whatevery key I press it reboots.
Please help I can't see what's happening because the laptop screen is broken.

A:Samsung Laptop Can't Boot Up (LCD Broken)

Well you have three options....

1. Send to Samsung for repairs, hopefully under warranty and if not and want instant gratification then take to your local computer shop.

2. Hook the computer to an external screen whether that is a computer monitor or TV and see if you have different results.

3. Pull out the HDD and try to boot using another computer.

If you try the external monitor and the results are the same then there is something wrong with more then your screen. If the computer renders Windows just fine then you need a new screen which you could pay to have replaced or watch a youtube video on how to do it yourself.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/60299-samsung-laptop-cant-boot-up-lcd-broken.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am attempting to repair my friend's Samsung laptop running windows I don't have the model name in front of me but I can post it when I get home if important After a software update as was told to me and then subsequent reboot the little cyclone spins around for a few seconds and then just a blank white screen laptop not boot after update will Samsung windows 8.1 no BSOD or something similar I downloaded the manual which says in case of windows not starting to hit F upon start up Hitting F does not cause any different change of events just the spinning cyclone and then white screen I can hit F to get into the BIOS but I don't see any settings in there such as quot access recovery mode quot or something similar that can help me Unfortunately there is no cd dvd media with the laptop Any suggestions Are there any bootable troubleshooting programs I can download and burn to a CD that might help me I was tempted to pay for windows and just see if it would boot off that and then load windows but I'm afraid if it's not a software issue then I would be out

A:Samsung laptop will not boot after windows 8.1 update

Wait until you get home and back in front of it. Why would you pay for something when it is free.

Really cannot tell you what the issue is, because you are not at the computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70596-samsung-laptop-will-not-boot-after-windows-8-1-update.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So i was updating windows and my computer died before I could plug in. Now all it does is say system resuming followed by a black screen with blinking cursor. I can't get any of the f keys to work. I can hit escape though and it says

Please select boot device:
P2: tsstcorp dvdwbd ts-lb23a
P0: hitachi hts
Enter setup

If i choose the p0 or the p2 it goes to the black blinking cursor screen.
Setup sends me to the aptio setup utility but nothing i do seems to get me anywhere.

So any suggestions on how to get my computer up and running?

A:Samsung laptop won't boot just blinking cursor after it says system re

Can you get in BIOS? Try loading defaults if so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/373415-samsung-laptop-wont-boot-just-blinking-cursor-after-says-system-re.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I m experiencing a laptop to Samsung refuses a source non-stock from boot problem I ve yet to experience on any other device till now I bought a Samsung notebook recently and it s a wonderful machine The only problem Samsung laptop refuses to boot from a non-stock source is that it refuses to boot from anything other than the pre-loaded Windows I ve burned another operating system to a disk on the same computer It was not detected in the boot menu However I tried the same thing with a flash drive and it was displayed in the boot menu although it refused to load and instead proceeded to boot Windows I was thinking of going as far as shrinking the primary partition and creating a new one to see if anything changes or even uninstalling the pre-loaded Windows to see if it will let me do anything If anyone has experienced this problem before please tell me what you did Also I didn t know if this was the right sub-forum to post this topic in nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Samsung laptop (model : NP370RSE). When I start it doesnt boot ( File: /BCD. Error code 0x000000d). I have made a recovery disk (USB) from Win 8, but the choices I get seem to "remove" my files. I have some pictures on the HD I would like to save.
When the recovery says "remove" is it the same as "erase"?
Any idea how I get my pictures out of the harddrive prior to formating/reinstallation of Win 8?

A:saving files from samsung laptop with boot problem

Hello Frafroe, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Yes, remove would be the same as erase.

If you haven't already, you might see if doing an automatic repair may be able to fix your boot manager.
Automatic Repair - Run in Windows 8
If not, you could create a Live Peppermint DVD/USB on an other computer, then boot from it on your computer to hopefully recover the files with.

Peppermint3 - Create Live CD/DVD/USB To Use For Emergency Backup - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50923-saving-files-samsung-laptop-boot-problem.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to 7 laptop Windows boot after to downgrading Samsung doesn't post this Samsung laptop doesn't boot after downgrading to Windows 7 question but i'll post it anyway since it's a big problem for me I wanted to help a friend of mine by downgrading his Windows laptop I installed Windows x by DVD without any problems I've formatted al drives After the installation the laptop tried to boot but it only shows a black screen after the BIOS splash screen Bios settings Fast BIOS enabled AHCI Mode Control Auto Secure Boot Disabled OS Mode Samsung laptop doesn't boot after downgrading to Windows 7 Selection UEFI and Legacy OS The laptop is a Samsung NP E C-S NL The BIOS version is P Samsung laptop doesn't boot after downgrading to Windows 7 ABF The HDD is set up as the primary boot device The strange thing is that if I use the Boot Override option and select this HDD Windows boot normally Of course this only works once so I always need to go into the BIOS to use the boot override option Does anybody have any experience with this problem and maybe a way to fix it

A:Samsung laptop doesn't boot after downgrading to Windows 7

Quote:
I wanted to help a friend of mine by downgrading his Windows 8 laptop.

YES & NO, down to your UEFI/BIOS firmware setting.

As this a OEM manufacturer's PC with Pre-installed Windows 8.

1) Downgrade to Windows 7.
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
Warning you must have the UEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

Make sure you read the NOTE at Step three.

2) If Using a USB Pen drive on a PC with a UEFI BIOS.
USB Pen drive need to be formatted to FAT32 as in
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
Take note of Step 11 for Windows 7.
Also you will need to use a USB 2.0 port, as there are no USB 3.0 drivers in Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/325828-samsung-laptop-doesnt-boot-after-downgrading-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello When i go to UEFI (Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup?) and change boot order to boot into CD/DVD, it doesn't boot into CD/DVD. After when i go back to UEFI the boot order list is restored to it's original position. So how can i boot from my cd.Also when i try to access to BIOS by pressing f2 nothing happens.message edited by k2ru

A:Samsung ATIV laptop boot priority order problem

Are you pressing F10 to save?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/samsung-ativ-laptop-boot-priority-order-problem/1562.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently bought a Samsung NP350V5C-A06UK laptop with windows 8 pre-installed on it. I deleted all partitions when I began installing Windows 7 on the laptop (deleting the horrid Windows 8 in the process).
The problem I have now is that I can't boot straight to windows. All I get is a blank screen. I have to go into bios (F2) and boot from the exit screen by selecting the hard drive listed there.

Within the bios I have disabled:
Fast bios mode,
Secure boot,
and changed OS mode selection to "UEFI and Legacy OS"

Link to specs here
NP350V5C - TECH SPECS | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG UK

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Samsung NP350V5C-A06UK Laptop - Windows 7 boot problem

Hello and welcome Mcclaine Mate for all the problems it is going to cause personally I would have one of to things
1: stuck with 8 and use on of the programs that starts it up like 7
2: I would find some way of wiping that drive buy an OEM 7 and install it.

Of course you do realise that this will void any warranty eh?

Usually if you try to install over another OS it means problems the other thing is is to buy a new drive not expensive depending on what you want of course. I do see it comes with a 1TB drive bit if you go 500GB then you can always clone to the larger one not vice versa. Myself I do not like larger than 500GB as when the big ones go south so does a lot of data. The 1TB you could wipe anyway put it in an enclosure and use it as an external.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/308173-samsung-np350v5c-a06uk-laptop-windows-7-boot-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, all.

As the title says, I have Windose 8 on a 64-bit Samsung laptop and I need to change the boot order to test if a bootable Linux CD works, which I intend to use if it does (or download it again and make a new one and use that), but I can't change the boot order from the OS to the DVD ROM drive.

Another thread online said something to do with Legacy but I don't know what that is nor how to disable it to see if I can enable and select booting from the DVD ROM drive.

Please help. Thanks.

A:Unable to Change Boot Order in Samsung Laptop UEFI

I don't know what model the Samsung is but in UEFI settings make sure SecureBoot is disabled. If there is a setting for FastBoot or QuickBoot then disable it also.

If there is a Mode listed set it to UEFI/Legacy. 

Reboot and enter UEFI. Can you see change your boot device priority?

http://superuser.com/questions/521389/how-do-i-boot-my-samsung-laptop-from-a-cd-dvd

On a Samsung tapping Esc at boot may give you a boot menu that will let you select a boot device but SecureBoot should still be disabled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605816/unable-to-change-boot-order-in-samsung-laptop-uefi/
Relevancy 58.48%

hi guys ..
am jeffrey , i just bought a laptop of from shop it has windows 8 single language .4gb ram .1000 gb hdd / to be honest iam not a win 8 user i dont even know how to use it / so i decided to put win 7 on my laptop ,but the problem is my laptop wont boot a cd . i tried a lot of win 7 cd but it wont boot up .i tried to go to bios when my computer turn on by pressing f8 and selecting the cd rom but still wont boot up .plz if there is any solution hlp plz guz and thanks in advance :

Mod Edit: removed personal contact details to save you from spammers

A:samsung laptop 300e4c/300e5c/300e7c wont boot a cd

If a system cannot boot from CD/DVD when the optical drive is the first boot device, then there is a fault preventing the drive from operating correctly. Basically the possibilities are a dirty laser lens (cleaning), a faulty drive (eg laser failed) or a problem with the interface to the drive. If the drive is removable, extract and reinsert it in case there's a bad contact. Otherwise, get the store to remedy the fault.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507335/samsung-laptop-300e4c300e5c300e7c-wont-boot-a-cd/
Relevancy 55.47%

I can get the the game page but it won't give me an option to
start the game. What should I do. Also it seem like the top
of the game is not in view so I cant close out. What do I need
do?

A:I get to game page but don't get start opition

Welcome to TSG.

First, what game is it?

Also, what are your system specss? What version of Windows do you have, what is your processor, how much RAM do you have, and what kind of video card do you have?

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your game, video card, and other parts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-get-to-game-page-but-dont-get-start-opition.134909/
Relevancy 54.61%

I know when I launched Windows 8 Installation , It give me an option to back-up all my files from Windows 7. Now if I install windows 7 is there that same kind of option in the setup ? I need to Install Windows 7 on a friends Laptop and they want there stuff backed-up. Please let me know.

A:Is there a opition during Windows 7 installation you can back up file?

Yes
put disc in and boot from it
when you get to setup screen click repair computer and I believe there is the option to back up ther if memory serves me correctly

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/285668-there-opition-during-windows-7-installation-you-can-back-up-file.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have a windows bit Samsung NP V C-AO UK laptop specs here is you need them NOTEBOOKS - Performance - Samsung NP V C-A UK Laptop - Laptopmania - Laptop Deal and Offer It has been working ok until now and I've had a few issues with it Boot won't help NP350V5C-AO2UK Samsung Please error boot. 0xc000000f- but I've managed to resolve them A few days ago I switched it on like normal and I got the following error message Windows Boot Manager Windows failed Boot error 0xc000000f- Samsung NP350V5C-AO2UK won't boot. Please help to start A recent Boot error 0xc000000f- Samsung NP350V5C-AO2UK won't boot. Please help hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible I inserted the Samsung System Recovery Media Windows Home Premium SP DVD I got with the laptop into the DVD drive and pressed enter The disc sounded like it was loading and the laptop went to the initial Samsung switch on screen but then the screen just went blank and after waiting about minutes and getting the same error message I just switched the laptop off I then switched it back on and pressed F till the Please select boot device screen appeared and I selected my CD DVD drive and pressed enter I got the press any key to boot from CD DVD screen I pressed a key and the disc sounded like it was loading and I got a Windows is loading files message and then windows is starting after that the screen went blank for a few minutes and I got a blank screen with a movable arrow on it I've tried this a few times and keep getting the same thing happen every time Also I looked online and most people manage to fix it by inserting the disc and clicking repair but I can't find a solution for the problem I'm having I've uploaded two pictures here https docs google com folderview i p docslist api of the problems if they will help you if you can't see them on the post Sorry for the long post Can anyone help Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance Alex

A:Boot error 0xc000000f- Samsung NP350V5C-AO2UK won't boot. Please help

Start working through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start,
reporting back as you go for possibly more steps based on results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356547-boot-error-0xc000000f-samsung-np350v5c-ao2uk-wont-boot-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have a windows bit Samsung NP V C-AO UK laptop specs here is you need them http bit Please help won't 0xc000000f- boot. NP350V5C-AO2UK Samsung Boot error ly CNUVj It has been working ok until now and I've had a few issues with it but I've managed to resolve them A few days ago I switched it on like normal and I got the following error message Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and then click Next Click Repair your computer If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc Boot error 0xc000000f- Samsung NP350V5C-AO2UK won't boot. Please help f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible I inserted the Samsung System Recovery Media Windows Home Premium SP DVD I got with the laptop into the DVD drive and pressed enter The disc sounded like it was loading and the laptop went to the initial Samsung switch on screen but then the screen just went blank and after waiting about minutes and getting the same error message I just switched the laptop off I then switched it back on Boot error 0xc000000f- Samsung NP350V5C-AO2UK won't boot. Please help and pressed F till the Please select boot device Boot error 0xc000000f- Samsung NP350V5C-AO2UK won't boot. Please help screen appeared and I selected my CD DVD drive and pressed enter I got the press any key to boot from CD DVD screen I pressed a key and the disc sounded like it was loading and I got a Windows is loading files message and then windows is starting after that the screen went blank for a few minutes and I got a blank screen with a movable arrow on it I've tried this a few times and keep getting the same thing happen every time Also I looked online and most people manage to fix it by inserting the disc and clicking repair but I can't find a solution for the problem I'm having I've uploaded two pictures here https docs google com folderview id B wc lSMDXYGM FqS NZNUtfWjg amp usp docslist api of the problems if they will help you because they won't upload to this post Sorry for the long post Can anyone help Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance Alex

A:Boot error 0xc000000f- Samsung NP350V5C-AO2UK won't boot. Please help

The link to the specs is http://bit.ly/1CNUVjf

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561206/boot-error-0xc000000f-samsung-np350v5c-ao2uk-wont-boot-please-help/
Relevancy 48.59%

Just taken delivery of my Envy 17-k254na, and need to access BIOS settings to ensure I can boot from USB to enable installation of Win 10/64 from ISO. First hurdle.How do I access BIOS and boot order settings?I've looked around and can find nothing that is a) clear and b) works surely it can't be this hard?! help needed and thanks in advance for any clear guidance

A:How to access boot options to enable USB boot drive

Hello DaveR60, From your machine being completely off, push the power button then tap F10 repeatedly right away. Follow on-screen key navigation guide and go into advanced, then down to change the boot order. make sure USB the first one on top. Save and exit, plug in USB and it should detect it and boot from it.  HERE is a guide to assist you if you need any help, and feel free to reply if you have any questions. Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-access-boot-options-to-enable-USB-boot-drive/td-p/5772607
Relevancy 48.59%

I have Nvidia GeForce 315M im trying to upgrade to a more preferable video card. Please reply ASAP

A:Can I Upgrade my Laptop's Video Card? Samsung Laptop RV411

Laptop video is a chip on the motherboard. The only way to upgrade would be to replace the motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/236377-can-i-upgrade-my-laptops-video-card-samsung-laptop-rv411.html
Relevancy 45.58%

got a samsung np700 get two bleeps when opening programs and on boot up.

turned of windows default sounds did not help

turned off bleep warnings in the registry, but stuck with two bleeps on boot up, i thought startup one bleep was normal but the store says two bleeps are ok.

just wanted confirmation from another user that 2 bleeps are normal with samsung as the store did not seem too confident.

[no error messages, pc running ok, sfc & chkdsk ok, devicemanager list ok]

A:anyone with a samsung laptop help please

Two beeps (especially) when opening a program or on a normal boot does not sound right to me. Are you getting two short beeps or do the beeps sound somewhat like a siren? If they sound like (standard bios) two short beeps, I would go in and reset the BIOS to defaults to see what happens. Has this been happening since you purchased the unit or did it start after a hardware upgrade (ie, adding RAM, etc)? Now, if it sounds somewhat like a siren, is your fan running a bit faster? If so, you may want to clean your vents and/or if you did any upgrading, make sure you didn't disturb any of the components while doing so. I'm not sure I understand the "turning-off" of the sounds in the registry when opening programs but, if this has been going on since day one, I would take a trip back to the store and have the rep do a "two-beeps is OK" demonstration for me. You might also want to check your event viewer for errors and warnings when you open a program (even though you have disabled the sounds in the registry). Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20743-anyone-samsung-laptop-help-please.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Okay I have a samsung laptop RV411.
So i closed the cover, and then opened it for transfer. However, I did not shut it down. So when I opened it, it turned black and it turned BSOD. It says KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. So I restarted my PC. Now, I cant get out of the POST. There is 2 available options F2 for setup and F4 for recovery. I pressed both and it went Please Wait... Forever! I used the recovery disk no luck. need help!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all new to the forum,completley useless with computers past surfing the web.I bought this laptop yesterday read a post about the easy partion manager and made drive c around 110 and drive D had the rest...

Problem windows installed 40 updates and i installed itunes,Tom tom and firefox and all these saved in c drive drastically filling it up.Now i thought with what i read that c would be back upfiles andD would save everything else...Obviously mebeing an idiot ive read and understood wrong....

All my other laptops have had just a normal c drive which everything went onto and a little folder to the right that says recovery.

Is there anybody that could conect to my laptop and correct my drives for me please as im usless with this sort of thing,manythanks for your time and help...

Regards Tim

A:Samsung new laptop

Do not let anyone connect to your computer unless they are known to you,that is really begging for trouble.
We can help you do it yourself without logging on to your computer.
There are a few ways to do this, all depending on your setup.
If you have nothing on drive D you can delete the D drive and then extend C drive then make another D drive.
You can uninstall the programs you put in C and reinstall them in D (they will give you the option as to where you want to install them).
Post back with what you want to do and we will help you to achieve it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/238420-samsung-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Samsung Laptop NP300E5C Windows 7 64 bit home premium

When I put the installation disc in I was going to reinstall windows 7 then I clicked something and it told me this portion has programs and drivers that your computer manufacter had installed and if you delete it you can't get it back I clicked OK after it got installed it looks older and there are no more programs like the wireless internet driver is there a way I can download all them back I tried all the recovery methods and no luck Its a windows 7 home premium 64 bit I will appreciate if you solve my problem and please leave links if I need them I sure hope you know what am talking about
you can watch a video of my problem I made it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyaI1UMqSCg
If you have the answer plz also post it on the video to help others

A:Help Samsung Laptop

Hi, if you have access to another computer or an ethernet cable to connect your laptop to your router goto the site below

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP300E5C-A01UK-downloads?isManualDownload=true

When it loads on the left hand side in blue you will see a list in blue starting with manuals, click drivers then all the drivers will be there for your laptop, just download each one needed.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-samsung-laptop.1116581/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have recently purchased a new Samsung series 5 laptop, and my IE10 icon in metro had disappeared, I had then refreshed my computer to get it back, and I did, but lost ALL of my programs. I have reloaded a few, but any programs that came with the laptop are gone. I don't have a control-center that my laptop came with, where I could change settings for my battery, screen brightness, and other options like that. Additionally, I am loosing hard drive space, as in, when I refreshed my computer, I lost all of my programs, however, I don't have any extra space than after the programs were deleted from my computer. If anyone knows how to get any of these programs back, especially the ability to change the screen brightness, please respond.

I would also advise anyone who wants to refresh their windows 8 computer to NOT do so, as you will loose everything.

A:Need help with Samsung laptop

Welcome to EightForums.

Refresh Windows 8 - Create and Use Custom Recovery Image

Refresh Windows 8

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8

You can use the Samsung version of
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

How to make Recovery disc:
Support - Notebooks NP700Z7CH | Samsung Laptops

How to Order Recovery disc.
Support - Notebooks NP700Z7CH | Samsung Laptops

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21438-need-help-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a samsung laptop with windows 8 64 bit pre installed, where do i find the cd key incase i have to reinstall as there is no COA sticker on the laptop.

A:samsung laptop

From what I've read I would guess it is built into bios and you will not need it to reinstall. This way you can not use the win 8 on any other system.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30213-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.58%

So i closed the cover, and then opened it for transfer. However, I did not shut it down. So when I opened it, it turned black and it turned BSOD. It says KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. So I restarted my PC. Now, I cant get out of the POST. There is 2 available options F2 for setup and F4 for recovery. I pressed both and it went Please Wait... Forever! I used the recovery disk no luck. need help!

A:Need help Laptop Samsung.

That really sounds like hardware instead of software. But an easy way to verify that it isn't the software causing the problem. Take out the hard drive and see what happens. It should go past POST and say no bootable device found. If you can get to that point, you probably damaged the hard drive in transport. If you physically damage a hard drive, either by dropping the computer or knocking your laptop bag against something really hard, they will sometimes cause the computer to never move past the BIOS.

Good news, if you can get to the no bootable device found message. It's probably just a bad hard drive. Get a new one, reinstall windows and roll with it. Bad news, if you can't get there, you still have another quirky problem going on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-laptop-samsung.992494/
Relevancy 45.58%

A:need help on samsung laptop.

Hi Tabatot, welcome to sevenforums. Try inserting your installation DVD and carrying out a "repair install"
Repair Install
this will preserve all your user settings. Let us know how you get on...Good Luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158213-need-help-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

how to enable dual boot os selection during system startup after installing xp in win7

A:Enable dual boot

Hi,

See OPTION2, STEP 8 here:

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/249489-enable-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So currently I have Windows 7 64-Bit as my Default OS.
And I have XP on my hard drive on another partition.

But look at Boot:

How can I re-enable Windows XP on dual boot? Last time I had it on dual boot, it gave me an option. Windows 7 or Windows XP. I want that back :P

A:How to enable Dual Boot?

Have a look HERE. Look further on the page until you find: " Adding a Windows XP entry with EasyBCD ".

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/224499-how-enable-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there, I'm in  a dodgy situation because I need a solution really fast because a client is waiting. Why can't I enable Fast Boot? It says that if you have security theft password set on or something about BIOS users I cannot enable Fast Boot. But I tried changing security settings countless times and to no avail, the option stays greyed out whereas I cannot even select it, it's just disabled. PLS HELP! Regards, Fabio Bottiglieri

A:Why can't I enable Fast Boot?

Questionstoask Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about enabling Fast Boot and wanted to help.To begin, let's make sure we are both talking about the same thing. There is Fast Boot and there is Fast Startup -- and these are not the same. The first is a UEFI boot option; the second is a Windows 10 hibernation option. To set the first, here are directions from the Win10 community forums:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21284-fast-boot-enable-uefi-firmware-settings-windows-8-10-a.html If your PC has BIOS, not UEFI, then Fast Book is most likely, not available.Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Why-can-t-I-enable-Fast-Boot/td-p/5603504
Relevancy 45.15%
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I can't seem to get Secure Boot enabled on my laptop, the secure boot option is greyed out and I can't change it to enabled, my computer came with windows 8 on it automatically so I thought it would've been enabled by default.

A:Can't enable Secure boot

Have you disabled it at some point?

This might help..

Link: Secure Boot - Enable or Disable in UEFI

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/41063-cant-enable-secure-boot.html
Relevancy 45.15%

This one should be easy:

I have a laptop (Vista Home Premium) that has a number pad built in. How do I make it so that Num Lock is enabled at startup?

A:Enable Num Lock at Boot

It's is turned on and off in the BIOS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219980/enable-num-lock-at-boot/
Relevancy 45.15%

My laptop (samsung np-r40) when turned on goes to samsung screen then crashes.
Made the mistake of purchasing from car boot, seller said just neaded a hard drive. only the light on the wireless indicator lights up and no hard drive light comes up. everything appears to be working inside. As it won't let me into the bios set up coud it be that the bios has been corrupted. seller said he got a virus just before he took the hard drive out. is there any way to flash the bios with either a usb stick or the cd rom and help appreciated.
All the best steve.

A:Samsung np-r40 boot up problemb

Have you installed a hard drive?

What method are you using in your attempt to access the BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-np-r40-boot-up-problemb.863356/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a  samsung ssd evo 850 drive and it sits with the hp screen for about 10sec before booting and does take a few minutes to book up are my bios setting incorrect or ways for it to boot up faster thanks Michae

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Samsung-SSD-EVO-850-slow-boot-up/td-p/5622233
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a  samsung ssd evo 850 drive and it sits with the hp screen for about 10sec before booting and does take a few minutes to book up are my bios setting incorrect or ways for it to boot up faster thanks Michae

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Samsung-SSD-EVO-850-slow-boot-up/td-p/5622233
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi - I have a Samsung X05 laptop which has recently developed an intermittent boot problem. Occasionally when I press the power button the laptop bleeps on and off and refuses to boot. I then have to press and hold the power button to kill the bleeps. If I attempt to reboot again it will either boot correctly - or once again produce the beeps. Once Windows XP Professional has launched the laptop works normally
Any ideas?

Best regards
John P

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-x05-boot-problem.594465/
Relevancy 45.15%

I know this should be an easy one, but I can't figure it.

I use my HDTV HDMI tv and was having audio issues so i started enabling and disabling devices. When I disabled the Laptop audio, it disappeared from the list of devices (sounds). Now It does not show up and I don't know how to Re-enable it. Device manager doesn't show it and tried rescan hardware. Any ideas?

The only thing I did prior was making the audio on the TV the default, this elimated having to manually switch over every time I used it.

A:Can't Re-Enable Audio on Laptop

Try right mouse clicking in the body of the sounds window, this wil then give the option to show hidden devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/20962-cant-re-enable-audio-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,I am using HP550 Notebook PC, I can't find option to enable VT-x in my laptop. In my BIOS settings, I don't have options related Virtualization Technology, my BIOS version is F0.0. I also tried to update my BIOS with version F1.0, but it results in 'unhandled exception' while installing. I don't know how to fix it. Please give me solution for this. Thanks...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-enable-VT-x-in-HP550-laptop/td-p/5716823
Relevancy 45.15%

HiI am facing trouble while enabling the vt-x in HP 2000 laptop Processor: Intel(R)Celeron(R) CPU B830GHz 1.80 GHzinstalled memory (RAM): 2 GBSystem type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor Please help me in enabling the vt -x. Thanks

A:How to enable vt -x in hp2000 laptop

@Inaaya? Intel® Turbo Boost Technology ?NoIntel® vPro Technology ?NoIntel® Hyper-Threading Technology ?NoIntel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) ?YesIntel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) ?NoIntel® 64 ?YesIntel® My WiFi TechnologyNo4G WiMAX Wireless TechnologyNoIdle StatesYesEnhanced Intel SpeedStep® TechnologyYesIntel® Demand Based SwitchingNoThermal Monitoring TechnologiesYesIntel® Fast Memory AccessYesIntel® Flex Memory AccessYes Your CPU is capable of VT-x it just depends if your motherboard is setup for it. Go into your BIOS and see if there is an option to ENABLE VT-x. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-enable-vt-x-in-hp2000-laptop/td-p/5548033
Relevancy 44.72%

Your link shows Windows 7 on the unit. Could you explain the procedure you tried and what the results were, what messages did you get?

I know at least one company sells a combination drive like that. They should have a procedure for loading it, if one is needed, but I have not had such a setup.

You mention UEFI, are you using that install configuration?

Edit: The link, under the support section has a FAQ about updating the Bios. It seems to suggest you should, so you might check.

A:uefi samsung laptop

You have a driver of some sort for the caching drive. You will or should clean of the spinner and load windows and then you will have to set up your cache drive. Get your manual out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245469-uefi-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My laptop loads using the AC Adaptor but as soon as I move it the screen goes blank and I have to start it up again.
I appear to have no power using the battery.

Is this a hardware fault with the laptop?
Can anybody offer any help?
Thanks in advance.

A:Help please Samsung V20 LAPTOP Problem

Sounds as if you have a loose or failing enternal hardware connection inside the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-samsung-v20-laptop-problem.474128/
Relevancy 44.72%

when I try to install an app on my Samsung laptop my device field shows..no carrier Samsung sch-1545 and Verizon wireless sch-1545...the wireless is my cell and the app has installed on my cell. I can install on no carrier sch 1545 and it tells me it is installed but it is not on my laptop. where did it install? I don't know how to find my laptop device name and how to get it to show on the screen when I am installing apps. thank you

A:cannot install app on my samsung laptop

Don't understand what you're saying, The sch-1545 is a Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone using Verizon as the carrier. It runs the Android OS and Android apps can NOT be installed on a laptop running MS Windows 8.

To find apps installed in Win8, you look through the list of Apps by name and then click the tile for the app that you just installed.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/70758-cannot-install-app-my-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, any help is appreciated

I have a Samsung laptop that is running windows 7 that worked one day but then the next morning it didn't. With a multimeter I have tested the AC charger and power was running through that at around 19volts. I then tested how much power was getting through to where the battery was and it was only 2 volts. If anyone has any ideas on how I could cheaply and easily fix this it would be appreciated.

Other information:
Laptop overheated often previous to this and the fans were loud

Laptop crashed and shutdown randomly

Sometimes laptop would sort of start and fans would blow but nothing would happen, normally restarting fixed this but this happened once before it never started again.

Battery hadn't been working prior to this.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-samsung-laptop-not-starting.1133935/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi really not that good with computers hence why am here, first time with a laptop too just started uni doing film man from shop said that this laptop samsung r510 is good for media .. am having problems trying to watch any kind of clips on the internt for example anything on youtube .. stops every 2 seconds for about 5 minutes then continues for another 2secs you get the picture. Dvds work fine the site which i use in uni to watch sample movies works fine come home try to watch them on this not happening any ideas? would be a great help please!

sacha

A:samsung r510 laptop

sachak said:

Dvds work fine the site which i use in uni to watch sample movies works fine come home try to watch them on this not happening any ideas? Click to expand...

My first guess, and it's really a guess, is that you have a fast internet connection at school, but a slow one at home, so your laptop is waiting for the data to come in at home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-r510-laptop.758403/
Relevancy 44.72%

My Samsung laptop had started flaking out the last week or two - stalling, freezing, giving me weird color shades occasionally, and taking forever to open programs sometimes. I'm afraid that the OS may be bad, but I also don't know if it may be a hardware issue, either.

I recently put a friend's Windows 7 OS on this laptop (Windows version 6.1). I had to reinstall all the drivers again - maybe I missed something?

Any help appreciated. I once lost the contents of a computer completely, so I don't want that to happen again.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys,

My friend bought a brand new Samsung laptop but for some reason, around a month back, it started giving BSODs. Anyway, he used the recovery disk and restored it fully to the factory settings. He has installed only skype and chrome so far yet the BSOD again appeared.

The Samsung Model is this:
Series 3 NP305E5A
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
4GB RAM
1.5 GHz A-Series Quad-Core A6-3420M
AMD Radeon HD 6520G

I have attached the dump files so if you could all help out it's much appreciated :) Thank you.

A:BSOD on a new samsung laptop

Post in the BSOD forum Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 & Vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bsod-on-a-new-samsung-laptop-660550.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Howdy I have Samsung Series 3 Laptop a Samsung Series 3 Laptop Samsung NP E A-A US laptop It has it s own interface for it s updates it keeps telling me I need a bios update I have called Samsung support chatted with Samsung techs I have done this update at least times different ways The tier tech told me that I didn t need the update He said why do you think that your computer needs a bios update and I said because I keep getting these messages that I need it and it is in the interface as needed He said you don t really need it I said why does it tell me I Samsung Series 3 Laptop need the update He said is your computer ok I said it has some performance issues and it turns stuff on and off by itself I have talked to at least different people they all make me go thru the same steps I keep telling them this won t work I have tried it ten times They are starting to get rude I googled bios updates and Samsung and a lot of posts came up Can someone help me and also to understand what bios is it says it helps with computer stability Thanks Jim

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi My son's SAMSUNG laptop 305E5A-S01CA http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...Manual_eng.pdf is running Win 7 32 bit.

After he logs on to the laptop just recently the Win 7 Welcome screen stays there about a minute or two.
This since he selected 'Optimize' through AMD Gaming Evolved. His Laptop seemed to run okay prior to this.

Any ideas why this could be?

ALSO:

Would the overall performance be better if the notebook was running the OS with 64bit? He plays games such as:

Counter Strike Global offensive
Star Wars The old republic
League of Legends etc.

Thanks

A:SLOW SAmsunG Laptop!

When the Welcome screen 'hangs' can you observe the hdd activity light? Is it flickering or is it solid?
Besides the issue at the welcome screen, what else has gone wrong since the 'optimization'?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-samsung-laptop.1135327/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

I hope somebody can assist.

I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop and also a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini mobile phone.

With my old Samsung laptop if I had a call on my mobile phone it used to go through the laptop.

Anybody know how I would go about setting this up on my new Samsung Series 7 Chronos?

Thank

Dave

A:Samsung Series 7 laptop

Bluetooth didn't work for mobile calls? Your old laptop used to connect with your phone via bluetooth connection. And if there is a software installed in your old laptop, can you recall what it is and download it on your new one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-series-7-laptop.1119761/
Relevancy 44.72%

I was hoping this laptop would be immune to BSODs but after 1 week I got my first.

The pc is a Samsung RV511 - M480 64bit core i5 running at 2.67GHz, with 500gb hard drive and 4gb RAM. Operating system is windows 7 home premium.

The crash happened when I tried to turn on Cyberlink Power Director which seems to be pre-installed on a segment of the hard drive.

attached is the mini dmp and JCgriff2 zip files.

any thoughts

cheers
Bill

A:BSOD in new samsung laptop

AS your notebook is new, have the Retailer check it out.
Use the warranty to the full.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174854-bsod-new-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, i have a problem with my samsung x11 laptop model no: NP-X11 l

the problem is this, whilst updating windows, my dog ran past the table the laptop was sat on and pulled the power cord out, causeing the machine to cut out, the battery is dead too, now when i switch it back on the lights for the k/lock, n/lock and fn/lock and hd are all on, powerlight comes on, battery is trying(and failing) to charge, and you can hear the hd powering up. but thats it, no display, no cmos starting, nothing any clues would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 44.72%

I think the laptop is fully functional but it can't charge. It ran out of battery now. I think the power supply is working because there was a green light .

Is it caused by a problem in its motherboard?

A:Samsung Laptop Not Charging

could be a loose connection with the MOBO power jack - some power jacks are plug in and some are soldered on

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/61042-samsung-laptop-not-charging.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Samsung NP-x11 when switch on ,there is backlight but no display.When connected to external monitor,both display light up .When the laptop is restarted ,there is no display.with backlight on for the samsung laptop.

A:samsung laptop display

hello. did your pc boots up or it does not?
did you see the bios screen? or the screen its just dead?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-laptop-display.990536/
Relevancy 44.72%

My samsung laptop np300e5c is not booting from hard disk.

error:- All boot options tried press f4 for recovery or try other loop iteration .

I have tried everything including resetting bios to original factory setting but could not solve the problem. however I can boot from win7 disk.

A:Samsung Laptop not booting

Hi delta007 and welcome to Seven Forums

Have you tried startup repair ?

Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/287144-samsung-laptop-not-booting.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Re Samsung Laptop Recovery Samsung Laptop E C-SO US The problem Recovery Samsung Laptop developed when I tried to do a simple restore following the instructions to a quot T quot I was met with this Recovery A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code Oxc You'll need to use the recovery tool on you installation media I you don't have etc I succeeded in acquiring a recovery disk from Samsung Didn't work and kept going back to that Recovery statement Now at the bottom of that statement are options Press enter to try again Press F for startup settings and Press Esc for UEFI firmware settings The first two led me back to the recovery screen again and the last one I got some results but weird I put the Recovery disk back in and started the unit and for some reason it started to work and when it restarted itself during the install it went back to that recovery page so I just kept restarting and finally I got the recovery page again so I hit the Esc key and got the Aptio Setup Utility which has four tabs and under the Exit tab there is a Windows Boot Manager PO Hitachi HTS A E I highlighted that line it's in white and hit enter and I get the Samsung logo with the circular dots going around and around get the Samsung scene with he space needle hit enter again and get the sign-in box and I can sign in and access that way over and over again I know it's not right so what's going on and how can I make it right

A:Recovery Samsung Laptop

Write smaller paragraphs please.

Big ones are hard to read.

Thank you.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41697-recovery-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there I have recently bough new Samsung laptop with Windows Intel Core i GB RAM and Samsung New laptop overheating! Nvidia Ge-force graphic card with GB RAM I m using it for graphic design and not for playing games After only months system started overheating Even if I m only watching a movie after about hours vents turn on and it becomes quite hot I ve tried vacuum cleaner and hair drier to get rid of the dust this helped on my previous laptop but nothing has changed Also my battery is now getting empty very quickly I m guessing that s because vents are working overtime I had some problems with my graphic card from the beginning video players would freeze etc but I solved that New Samsung laptop overheating! problem by updating driver and it seams that around that time problems with overheating began I ve read online that some Nvidia drivers were causing New Samsung laptop overheating! this problem but I m not using the driver in question so i m not sure what else could it be Also when I m working in Illustrator I would sometimes get a message that there s not enough memory installed even though the file is very small and I have quite enough of memory Than the vents would turn up to the max Anyone knows what this could be Please help nbsp

A:New Samsung laptop overheating!

I'm guessing that something is using a lot of your CPU. So next time it starts to happen, right click on your task bar and choose "Start Task Manager". Then click the tab "Processes", that'll give you a list of all the processes running and how much CPU they're using and their memory usage.

System Idle Process is expected to be high as it registers percentage of time your processor is idle.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-samsung-laptop-overheating.1041353/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hiya, I have a Samsung x10 laptop and the laptop green led comes on when I put the charger in and when I turn it on nothing powers up. Is there anyone who knows what is wrong with it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-fault-with-a-samsung-x10-laptop.767256/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a new month old Samsung Series laptop I thought I would like to upgrade to Windows Before I could I needed to update some Samsung laptop problem software through the Samsung site I did but it affected my printer I then decided to use system restore to go back a week Now my laptop opens after telling it to set up Windows normally I put in my password and get a blue screen with a small message in the top left hand corner telling Samsung laptop problem me it is personalizing Samsung laptop problem my desktop then internet explorer and a few others Now I have a blue screen with a movable cursor and nothing else I've tried turning it off and restarting but I end up in the same place - a blue screen with a cursor It's been like it for over an hour now except for going into hibernation every so often Nothing happens when I try the restore disk in the drive Is there anything I can do

A:Samsung laptop problem

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Did you upgrade to Windows 8 then go back to Windows 7?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/samsung-laptop-problem-673097.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a samsung laptop NP-QX It s about years old now and has for the most part worked great for those years I m extremely uneducated when it comes to computers so Problems Samsung Laptop you ll have to bare with me Beginning yesterday the Samsung Laptop Problems laptop just about locked up When I say locked up I mean went incredibly slow I couldn t use the internet couldn t open programs things I had open would stop responding I had been using it for about hours prior and nothing had happened to it to cause it to lock up such as damage and I Samsung Laptop Problems hadn t downloaded any programs Even trying to open the control panel with control alt delete was taking a long time I decide to simply restart the laptop but the problem still continues when it s turned back on It wasn t completely locked up though which was the weird part It would have these quot moments quot where it would lock up and go incredibly slow for about minutes then work perfectly normal for the next minutes Sometimes opening a webpage would cause one of these quot lock ups quot and then closing it would somehow fix it After looking around a bit I ve noticed a correlation where whenever the laptop goes into a phase where it goes incredibly slow the disk activity shows quot Highest Active Time quot Then when it goes back to normal the disk activity drops to anywhere from - where it probably should be The CPU usage and physical memory usage are still fine and don t seem to change I ran a virus scan Norton I know it s not the best but it didn t find anything besides cookies which didn t fix the problem The next problem came when I tried turning on the laptop this morning and it was stuck at the samsung loading screen That is the screen that appears the first second after turning on the laptop Where it says press f for settings and f for something else After trying to press f and f nothing happened and it seemed as if it were frozen I tried restarting it a few times and the same thing continued to happen After waiting a few hours I turned on the laptop and it booted up perfectly normal however the quot lock ups quot or incredibly slow downs are continuing to happen I m going to try not to shut off the laptop for right now to ensure it doesn t get stuck at the Samsung screen again Right now I have almost no idea what is happening There has to be some sort of hardware problem or something If you have any questions feel free to ask Any help at all would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Samsung Laptop Problems

check the temperatures

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287
if it comes up clear run

chkdsk /f

next time it slows down open the task manager and see what is pulling the highest %

check air vents are not clogged

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-laptop-problems.1096540/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have the following laptop & spec:
Samsung R40, Windows Vista home premium, SP2.
Intel CPU 1.60ghz,1.00gb ram, 32 bit operating system.

About a year after buying the laptop I started getting crashes, where the laptop would literally freeze whatever its doing and the only way to get out was to overide the shutdown by the power button.

I spoke to a microsoft tech about this as it was recording the errors as BCcode 54 and he pointed to a possible hardware error/motherboard problem. However the problem then stopped occurring but has been occurring sporadically. It seems to be when i view videos, have alot open but recently it has started crashing with just microsoft office open (frustrating with work).

I was hoping to get a few suggestions on what to do... ??or if XP would rectify this. I have no record of the recent errors as the laptop is not picking them/recording them.
Many thanks,

A:Samsung R40 laptop crash

I had a similar problem when I had vista on my laptop, it would crash and cause a blue screen telling me there was a problem with my ram, so I switched back to xp pro and have never had a problem since, sounds to me like a ram problem but im not entirely sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-r40-laptop-crash.878219/
Relevancy 44.72%

I've recently upgraded from a FolioBook 9470M to an EliteBook 840 G3, and I've now lost the BIOS option of enabling Num Lock at boot.Current BIOS version is N75 v 1.10 I've searched high and low for a solution, none of the reg edit fixes listed online have any effect. The reason I'm eager to fix this is because every time I boot up I need to enter a numeric BitLocker key on an external USB keyboard. Thanks in advance for any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Enable-Num-Lock-on-boot-EliteBook-840-G3/td-p/5824606
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone.

I've got a few old computers in my basement that I want to install Linux on. The only problem is the BIOS doesn't support USB boot, as they are quite old. What I'm looking for is something I can burn to a CD that will allow USB boot from a YUMI-created flash drive.

Basically it should be like this. First I boot from the CD, then the CD finds the USB flash drive and boots from that. In the end the YUMI boot menu is shown, and I'll have access to all of the distribution installers on the USB flash drive.

Does such a program exist?

PS: I'm not really sure if this thread fits in All Other Software, so if there is a proper category for it, please move it to there.

A:Enable USB boot on an old computer with bootable CD?

Boot From a USB Drive Even if your BIOS Won’t Let You
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16822/boot-from-a-usb-drive-even-if-your-bios-wont-let-you/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-usb-boot-on-an-old-computer-with-bootable-cd.1097842/
Relevancy 44.72%

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to see the BIOS/Boot screen when starting my PC, rather than just a blank screen that eventually displays the HP logo.  Is there a setting or method to have the PC default to always show the Boot screen when powering up or when rebooting?  I'm running the latest build (1607) of Windows 10.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Permanently-Enable-Boot-Screen/td-p/5793500
Relevancy 44.72%

My hard disk is broken but the computer can't boot from my new replacement hard drive.  I have checked the Bios setting and the legacy boot option is locked.  I disabled secure boot but it still doesn't allow  me to enable legacy boot.  I downloaded the updated BIOS .exe (sp70481.exe) file from HP website but I am not sure if I can flash the BIOS using that file.  Is there anyway that I can enable the legacy boot option so that I can boot from my hard disk?  I appreicate any advise and suggestion.  Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Can-t-enable-legacy-boot-in-BIOS/td-p/5837675
Relevancy 44.72%

After much hemming and hawing over whether or not I should upgrade my Lenovo Z70-80 to Windows 10, I finally made the leap, and the transition has been fairly painless. A couple of driver updates here and there, and I'm fairly happy with the results. Hopefully, I won't come across too many issues! Before the upgrade, I had my system startup with Numlock on by default, but this setting seems to have been reversed. I cannot seem to find where to set Numlock on boot. I thought it was in the BIOS, but I can't find it there? While it's only one extra keypress per startup, any help would be greatly appreciated and getting this resolved. Thanks ahead of time for any responses!

"There is no such thing as a foolproof system. Someone will make a better fool, tomorrow." @LoneWolffe

A:Enable Numlock on Boot - Z70-80 Windows 10

I wanted to do the same thing and the answer at the URL below worked for me on my Lenovo Z70-80. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-and-ErazerX/How-can-I-set-NumLock-default-to-quot-On-q...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Enable-Numlock-on-Boot-Z70-80-Windows-10/td-p/2211396
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there guys - any help will be much appreciated I had a bit of a problem with Malware which led me to reinstall windows I had also at the time been trying to install Linux to dual boot beside it However upon reinstalling I got the annoying watermark saying quot Secureboot isn't configured correctly Boot on Secure enable BIOS. Can't my quot Having decided I would rather remove the watermark and having gone back into the BIOS with a Can't enable Secure Boot on my BIOS. reinstall and trying to enable secure boot I get a message - quot CSM is Loaded Disable the CSM via Setup and repeat operation after Restart quot However there Can't enable Secure Boot on my BIOS. is as far a I can see no option to disable the CSM in my bios - I've tried disabling anything related to Legacy and reinstalling both Ubuntu and Windows as well as wiping the drive and jumping the CMOS as well as updating the BIOS Am very much at a loss and feel I've tried every permutation in the BIOS Could possibly be an incompatibility with graphics card but wouldn't know where to start on that end if it is Many thanks for your time

A:Can't enable Secure Boot on my BIOS.

CSM will not always be shown as a CSM on/off option; however, the Compatibility Support Module directly relates to Legacy support. So, I would start by resetting my BIOS to defaults and then reviewing the following options:

Secure Boot
Sets the Windows secure boot to prevent the unauthorized accessing. Press
<Enter> to enter the sub-menu. This sub-menu will appear when ?Windows 8
Feature? is enabled.

Secure Boot Control [Disabled]
Enables or disables secure boot.
[Enabled] Enables the secure boot function and allow you to set the secure
boot settings.
[Disabled] Disables this function.

Secure Boot Mode [Standard]
Selects the secure boot mode. This item is to select how the secure boot keys
be loaded. This item appears when "Secure Boot" is enabled.
[Standard] The system will automatically load the secure keys from BIOS.
[Custom] Allows user to configure the secure boot settings and manually
load the secure keys.

Image Execution Policy
Sets the policy when the system image execution policy on Security Violation.
Press <Enter> to enter the sub-menu. This sub-menu will appear when ?Secure
Boot Mode? sets to [Custom].

Key Management
Manages the secure boot keys. Press <Enter> to enter the sub-menu. This sub-
menu will appear when ?Secure Boot Mode? sets to [Custom].

LAN Option ROM [Disabled]
Enables or disables the legacy network Boot Option ROM for detailed settings.
This item will appear when "Onboard LAN Controller" is enabled.
[Enabled] Enables the onboard LAN Boot ROM.
[Disabled] Disables the onboard LAN Boot ROM.

Legacy USB Support [Enabled]
Sets Legacy USB function support.
[Auto] The system will automatically detect if any USB device is connected
and enables or disables the legacy USB support.
[Enabled] Enable the USB support for legacy operating systems that do not
support USB.
[Disabled] The USB devices are available only for UEFI applications.

Boot Mode Select [LEGACY+UEFI]
Sets the system boot mode from legacy or UEFI architecture depending on OS
installation requirement.
[UEFI] Enables UEFI BIOS boot mode support only.
[LEGACY+UEFI] Enables both Legacy BIOS boot mode and UEFI BIOS boot
mode.

All the above information is available in your owner's manual which can be downloaded here:

MSI USA ? Download Center

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/32686-cant-enable-secure-boot-my-bios.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I'm Roger and I'm new here I have after boot Samsung SSD does Stumped not recovery. this little problem that has me stumped I have a Medion Akoya E laptop which I've recently brought it came with a free upgrade to Windows which I have installed and it runs Samsung SSD does not boot after recovery. Stumped fine The other day I purchased a brand new EVO SSD and I used EASEUStodo backup after reading several forums and did the clone All copied fine and the process was complete I removed the existing drive and installed the SSD into the sata port and rebooted The computer started came up with the Medion screen and then nothing just a black screen I waited about minutes just in case still nothing I looked at several forums and tried various things including making changes to the UEFI bios still to no avail I used the Medion recovery disc to boot into the PC and try the fix my computer options etc still nothing I then thought bugger it I'll just run a full windows recovery off the disc So I ran the clean function from disc part using the command prompt and restarted the recovery CD and did a complete recovery this all ran successfully and got to the point where the recovery wanted to restart to complete installation and the computer restarted got to the Medion screen and then nothing again it just wouldn't boot at all same as when I cloned the SSD So I'm at a loss at what could be preventing the computer from booting even with a complete recovery Samsung SSD does not boot after recovery. Stumped I've put the original rpm HDD in and things boot with no problems Any clues

A:Samsung SSD does not boot after recovery. Stumped

EaseUS ToDo is backup software. You need to use Image or Cloning software to migrate everything to the SSD. My Evo 850 came with the Migration software and worked perfectly. If yours didn't come with it it is available on their site.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/70697-samsung-ssd-does-not-boot-after-recovery-stumped.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Im looking for help with my Samsung NC10 that wont boot in normal or safe mode. I have had a virus problem that I have been trying to resolve and was running GMER Rootkit Detector when the Samsung froze. The screen was black and no HD activity.I turned off the power but I now get a black screen on reboot, without even getting to a Windows screen. If I start in safe mode the machine freezes at the following driver load line:multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sysAny ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated. A potential nightmare is that the NC10 doesnt have a CD Drive so I cant boot from an alternative location!Many thanksBandit12

A:Samsung NC10 Wont Boot

Hi .I've asked someone to take a look...please, be patient, someone will assist you .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346704/samsung-nc10-wont-boot/
Relevancy 44.72%

When my computer boots with out the USB HDD it only takes about 8 sec. But it takes up to a minute with the USB HDD. Is their a way to make Windows wait until desktop show to detect the USB HDD?

A:Slow boot time with Samsung 840 SSD and USB HDD.

The answer is NO. When you power up your PC, it's going thru POST trying to identify what device you have connected to your PC. In some case, if you HDD is not clean ie. usable but containing errors, the posting process will delay until it can identify the device. Try to run chkdsk /r /f to ensure that your HDD is clean to see if it improves.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/20485-slow-boot-time-samsung-840-ssd-usb-hdd.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi can anyone help please.
I have a HTPC that I am really happy with except the noise. I purchased a Samsung Evo 840 250gb to replace the chattery hard drive, secure erased using Samsung magician and then cloned using the Samsung migration tool. I set the BIOS to boot from this drive. Everything boots up fine until about 8 seconds in and then the CPU starts to climb and the blue busy circle starts, this then causes the fans to cut in which now makes it noisier than the hard drive!!
I reverted back to the hard drive and it boots up as normal no issues so I can only assume there is an issue with the SSD?
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Kind regards.
Nubee

A:Samsung SSD boot drive causing CPU to Max out.

I have a Samsung EVO 840 500 gb SSD. I replaced a smaller SSD drive on Windows 7. I tried cloning with the Samsung program and with Macrium Reflect and neither booted up properly. I had to use Macrium Reflect and "restore" to the new SSD from a complete drive backup.

I would suggest doing that, backing up the hard drive to some other media and then restoring to the new drive. If you don't have a backup program, there is a free version of Macrium Reflect that you can use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364499-samsung-ssd-boot-drive-causing-cpu-max-out.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I just installed a Samsung 840 series ssd in a Dell Dimension 9200 and when attempting to restart the computer it hangs on the dell logo screen. I cannot enter bios setup it is just stuck. Installation of windows 7 worked fine and booted initially but upon restart it began having issues

A:Boot problems after installing Samsung ssd

Hi there, Welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you checked that the connections are all plugged in on both the SSD and the motherboard.

And that you didn't move or knock anything around inside the case when installing the SSD?

Let us know how you get on,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277121-boot-problems-after-installing-samsung-ssd.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I replaced a Kingston 128GB SSD with a Samsung EVO 250GB SSD. Cloned Kingston SSD to new Samsung SSD using Acronis True Image.

Now, when I boot, it sits there for 30 seconds flashing the hard drive light blinking then proceeds to boot normally. All BIOS settings are default.

Hardware details in Specs.

Booting from the 128GB SSD was fine, no obvious delays.

Any idea what might be causing this? Could the new SSD be defective?

A:30 second boot delay with new 250GB Samsung SSD

Hey Rich,

Since it's for 30 seconds, it sounds like the time it waits before the default OS runs automatically. You might check to see if that may be it.

Startup Options - Change Time to Wait before Default OS Runs

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/39902-30-second-boot-delay-new-250gb-samsung-ssd.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My Samsung NP350E7C-A01US has windows 8 is not starting up but only Samsung logo and stuck there unless I use F2, then F9, then F10 and then comes up but is super slow and not useable. I did not recently download any updates. I use Avast free virus and Anti Malware free and CCleaner. When I attempted to open system restore it would not respond and locked up and after 10 minutes I ended it using task manager which was also slow to open and work. I now have it up and need to test to see what is cause. Please help.

A:Samsung W's 8 not boot except F2, F9, F10 but super slow

Try doing a factory restore after you back up your important data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-ws-8-not-boot-except-f2-f9-f10-but-super-slow.204855/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I have Samsung R540 laptop and i don't why it doesn't boot. I can see power on button is ON and fan is running but they screen is completely black. however last week it booted once but then again it never boot as I already have mention that I can hear fan running. I have used some tricks like take out the battery and hold on power button etc, also I have tried chancing RAM but doesn't seems working any of that.

please suggest what cause the problem. do you think motherboard went faulty?

Thanks

A:Samsung R540 doesn't boot.

When it "doesn't boot," maybe it does actually boot but the screen is off.

Looks like that model laptop has a VGA and HDMI output. You could try hooking the laptop up to a VGA monitor or an HDTV with an HDMI cable. Hook it up then turn the laptop on. If you get a picture on the second screen, then you know there's a problem with the laptop screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-r540-doesnt-boot.1124348/
Relevancy 44.72%

Referring to this post http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ive-clone.html

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, Paragon should work on your computer when this issue is going on? I installed a new Samsung 830 SSD in my ASUS G74SX last night using Norton Ghost and while the clone worked as far as I can tell. I get the same blue screen as the other guy and when I manually start explorer the drive letter for the SSD is E: rather than C: I think fixing that would remedy the issue but it won't let me change the drive path with the OS in use.

A:Boot Error after Clone to New Samsung 830 SSD

Update: I used the Paragon software and was able to successfully change the drive letter and the new drive booted successfully. The only issue I'm having now is that I've seemed to have lost my basic administrator privileges on folders in my C drive. Specifically when I try to launch steam from my menu shortcut without using the run as administrator option I get the following error.

Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to write to the current Steam application folder. Please move Steam to a folder where you have write privileges.

I checked the folder and it seems that I only have the following permissions in the security tab of the Program Files (x86) folder. Read and Execute, List folder contents, and Read. Not sure how this happened but I can't change it as far as I can tell.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202984-boot-error-after-clone-new-samsung-830-ssd.html
Relevancy 44.72%

help me pls.
my laptop keyboard broke down a while ago, as of now, i don't have extra money for me to be able to replace it. now im using USB keyboard only, since my current keyboard doesn't have a fn key in it, i can't open the shortcut for the bluetooth using the keyboard.

1. is there any other way to open/enable it without using the keyboard?
2. i also can't see the BLUETOOTH device in the Device Manager, is that normal?

**i can use my bluetooth before my laptop broke down. and i saw in another forum that if you cant enable the bluetooth physically, the windows will not detect it but the forum is abt windows tablet so im not sure if it also applies with laptops.

A:enable bluetooth in my laptop without using the keyboard

Hi see if the method here helps Set up a Bluetooth enabled device

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/329018-enable-bluetooth-my-laptop-without-using-keyboard.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I am in the process of cleaning up my home network which has been infiltrated by Antivirus Thanks to Da Chew and beepme I am making good progress with that As the next step I am about to cleanup my laptop Before doing so I wanted to turn Microsoft s own firewall on When I followed the instructions till I get to the dialogue box with my different network options on it there are three possibilities shown One is for something called quot connection quot Please can someone tell me how to find out what this is The other two are for a wireless network with a red cross because we don t have that or use that capability and the other is for the lan which we have this computer linked into at home I A How Laptop On Firewall Windows Enable Pro For To Xp have already enabled the microsoft firewall for How To Enable Firewall For Windows Xp Pro On A Laptop two other computers running windows xp but the dialogu boxes here are different as it is xp professsional Hope I ve covered everything I need to here Thanks for your help Gerald

A:How To Enable Firewall For Windows Xp Pro On A Laptop

1394 connection:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307736If you don't have two or more computers connected through this port (with a firewire type cable) then you are not using it and I wouldn't worry about it. The wireless connection that you are not using (wouldn't worry about it either). The firewall should most definately be set-up on your LAN...This is where you are connected to the internet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151321/how-to-enable-firewall-for-windows-xp-pro-on-a-laptop/
Relevancy 44.72%

This is my first post here, so please excuse any mistakes I may make. My HP 2000 laptop isn't allowing me to enable my wifi. If I press F12, it enables and disables Airplane Mode instead of my wireless connection. I've had to do this before, and it was through the control panel I think? I'm using Windows 8 OS. Any help is appreciated,

Emily

Relevancy 44.72%

HELP!!!! I have an HP 2000 laptop and all of a sudden the wireless function will not work. no matter what I do the button stays orange. I do not have Wireless Assistant installed on this computer. I tried to download it from another computer and install to mine, but it stated that the version was not accepted. I have only had this computer 6 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:wireless will not enable on HP 2000 laptop

Hi You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine. 4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit. 6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well. If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-will-not-enable-on-HP-2000-laptop/td-p/1615339
Relevancy 44.72%

It doesn't work
And it says it has been disabled from the device manager
Plz help !

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a HP Pavillian laptop that has built in wireless capability. A month ago, I installed a Verizon wireless pc card (slide-in) and the software, so that I could go online when away from home. I decided I didn't like the service so I cancelled it and uninstalled the VZ software. Now I can't receive a wireless signal at the library. It will not allow me to enable the WLAN assistant so any signals nearby are not seen.

What should I do?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,I recently bought a new hp omen laptop(y8h62pa) 2 weeks ago.The original setting is in intel gpu hd530.How to enable the gpu gtx960m frequently. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-omen-laptop-how-to-enable-gpu-gtx960m/td-p/5846772
Relevancy 44.72%

Dear Friendz nbsp I am using Lenovo Y laptop I was able to switch on WiFi earlier but Could My WiFi laptop Intel my enable not on it is not working now I think it happened earlier also but somehow Could not enable Intel My WiFi on my laptop by updating relevant drivers the issue fixed did not remember exactly nbsp Now since few days in my system tray Intel My WiFi Technology icon is there and when I click right click on it all the options are grayed out due to which I could not enable WiFi But one option Open Intel My WiFi Utility is allowed to select and when I opened the profiles option is again grayed out and it is displaying message that Network Adapter Not Found Then I went to Control Panel---- gt Devices--- gt Device Manager--- gt Network Adapter--- gt Intel R WiFi Link BGN---- gt and updated the drivers here nbsp Restarted the machine but issue did not fix nbsp Then deleted that Intel R WiFi Link BGN from Network Adapters and deleted drivers C---- gt Program Files--- gt Intel---- gt WiFi---- gt Drivers downloaded from internet and uploaded drivers again C---- gt Program Files--- gt Intel---- gt WiFi---- gt Drivers then restarted the machine again no use nbsp I also updated S and S in Win as I could see one folder name called drivers in C drive C---- gt Drivers--- gt Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver--- gt Win --- gt S S Folders nbsp I am now totally confused Lenovo support does not want to help and they are telling to sign up for extending warranty otherwise asking to take this machine to servicing center But I don t think it is required to take laptop to them for this small issue as we can definitely fix this with all your valuable suggestions and assistance nbsp Please help me nbsp Thanks for your time K Sharath

A:Could not enable Intel My WiFi on my laptop

hi K. Sharath,

From this microsoft article, it looks like the Intel My WiFi technology is not compatible with the Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN card and is only applicable to certain types of Intel Wi-FI adapters.

To turn ON the Wi-Fi capability of the Lenovo Y460, you will need to:
1. Slide the physical wi-fi switch to the ON position
  - Link to picture

2. Press Fn+F5 to enable the wireless card (ensure Current Status is set to "ON")
  - Link to picture

Note:
The Lenovo Energy Management Driver must be installed for the function keys to work

3. If same problem, boot into the BIOS by pressing F2 on startup and ensure that the WLAN Device is Enabled.
  - Link to picture

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Could-not-enable-Intel-My-WiFi-on-my-laptop/td-p/1632034
Relevancy 44.72%

I am working on a laptop for a friend who's wireless will not enable I was told that the issue occurred around the same time enable Network on Adapter laptop won't that the battery failed I'll attempt to recall all the steps I have taken so far to attempt to resolve this When CAT is unplugged the wireless icon shows now networks available Attempting to go to change device settings the Wi-Fi adapter is disabled Right click - gt Enable shows the enabling pop up but it remains disabled Fn F keyboard shortcut for enable disable wireless Tried using a known working USB WiFi dongle failed Downloaded new driver from Dell based on Network Adapter won't enable on laptop the laptop's Service Tag Tried auto install installed successfully but no change Manually searched for driver and selected it still no change Ran Windows Update Tried restoring to a month old restore point fails Updated BIOS Checked started stopped and verified set to automatic quot DW WLAN Tray Service quot and quot WLAN Autoconfig quot in the services msc Tried restoring to month old restore point in Safe Mode fails Uninstalled hardware in device manager reboot reinstall from Dell support site I'm at a loss now I have a Bachelors in Computer Science and I cannot make a laptop enable it's wireless device NOTE The wireless is a DW with built in Bluetooth The Bluetooth works fine but the Wi-Fi does not System Specs directly from the support dell com site after running a HW scan On the website the network adapter shows as blank However it DOES appear correctly in my Device Manager The device driver I install is Network Driver GR D WN A EXE Computer Model Inspiron BIOS Vendor Dell Inc BIOS Version A BIOS Date OS Version Microsoft Windows Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU U GHx Memory JDIMM GB DVD Drive PLDS DVD -RW DU- A HH Disk Drives WDC WD LPVX- V TT Display Adapters Intel R HD Graphics IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers Intel R Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

A:Network Adapter won't enable on laptop

Somewhere on the laptop, there is a way to turn the wireless on or off. I would look for the user guide for that particular laptop (or google it) and then try turning the wireless on if its off and or off and back on. Let us know what you find...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60494-network-adapter-wont-enable-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.29%

HI, I'm new here and hopping someone can help me figure out why my new laptop keeps crashing.It will go to sleep and when I try to open it up it gives me a message that it's recovered from an unexpected shutdown.Unfortunately, I cannot see or click the icon for the attachment to include the diagnostics. I've tried 3 different browsers, but none will show the complete toolbar for post submissions. I'm hoping that once I post it, I can add it in from the thread.

A:BSOD when going to sleep on new Samsung laptop

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301566-bsod-when-going-sleep-new-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Will a Samsung evo SSD fit inside this laptop - http://www.johnlewis.com/hp-pavilion-15-ak002na-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-ram-1tb-15-hybrid-gr...

A:Will a Samsung 850 SSD fit inside a HP 15 Gaming Laptop?

Hi, The following link shows its specs:     http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-Gaming-15-Notebook/8610971/model/9044510/document/c0... It uses standard HDD (1 TB 5400 rpm SATA). Samsung has many 850 SSD's around but standard Samsung 850 SSD for laptops will fit to the HDD bay of the machine. The SSD is a little bit thinner but Samsung should have a frame in the box. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-a-Samsung-850-SSD-fit-inside-a-HP-15-Gaming-Laptop/td-p/5702266
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi So I have tried everything I update the drivers for both my graphics cards and they from No Samsung TV. HDMI my to my output laptop are both the latest drivers When I connect my TV to my laptop the TV screen goes blank for a few seconds normal and then I get a searching for signals and then a few minutes later no signal The laptop is a brand new Acer aspire v nitro The TV is a much older Samsung one inch LED Model number ua d br I tried the usual Windows p etc but like my computer just No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV. refuses to detect the display Settings says no other display detected and control panel display settings only shows one display I factory reset the TV and everything still nothing I don't know how to use nvidia control panel to do this cos there is no display options I can see there and Intel HD graphics center doesn't detect the display either No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV. Any suggestions The cable is working and so is the TV I don't really have any other way of testing the HDMI port on my laptop as the tv is the only output monitor I have Thanks in advance Vishwas

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/45923-no-hdmi-output-my-laptop-my-samsung-tv.html