Windows Support Forum

Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk

Q: Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk

Hey Bleeping Computer How is everyone tonight So I am working on Installed 7 WONT off BOOT LAPTOP disk windows 8 Windows a Samsung Laptop MOdel Number Series NP E C - A AUS My friend in my Math class Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk just bought it literally days ago from Best Buy and they Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk told her they would install Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk any software she needed when she paid for it but when she picked it up they wouldnt without charging her extra so they flat out lied to make a sale Anyways thats besides the point so it has Windows installed and she absolutely hates Windows So I told her I could install Windows for her and all the software she needs thats easy But here is my problem PROBLEM The Samsung Laptop WILL NOT boot from disk it will not boot from any disk I have tried Windows obviously but I have also tried Puppy Linux Parted Magic Mem Soft various other bootable disks that Bleeping Computer has given me over the years I have gone into BIOS and changed the boot priority to CD drive I have messed around with the BIOS trying to get it to boot from a disk and it wont Windows boots up so damn quick I can enter Bios by hitting F at the Samsung splash screen and I can enter BIOS but I can not find a boot menu like hitting F F F F other ones I have used in the past on other machines none of them seem to work I can not get it to boot from disk It looks like I can install windows from the desktop but if it will not boot from Disk then when it restarts during install I am worried about She Hates Windows She does not want Windows at all She doesnt want to take the Laptop back to best buy because she likes the actual laptop she just wants Windows installed I am new to Windows and this is the first time I have used it as well But the laptop Samsung will not boot any disk Do you guys have any advice for me on how to get it to boot from Disk I feel the problem is deeper than just Windows and even if I could install Windows from the Desktop in the future what if for some reason she needed it to Boot from Disk The Laptop is brand new And they didnt have the one she wanted with Windows she said they really talked her into getting windows and SHE HATES IT I dont blame her From what I have seen I am not impressed with Windows either Have you guys heard of not being able to boot from disk with Windows Or is it a Samsung problem My goal is to install windows for her like she asked But its hard without being able to boot from a CD using the CD drive I hope this is in the right forum if it is not I am trully sorry and I will move to the correct forum Thank You Windows is currently installed but we want Windows

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk

Hey just to let you guys know the BIOS is Phoenix SecureCore Tiano. There is a setting called Secure Boot (not sure what it does exactly) but I have not changed it, the only thing I have changed is the Boot Priority menu. If this Laptop wont boot from disk I am going to tell her to return it, and then in the future boycott samsung or any laptop maker that does not give you the option to boot from disk, This does make me angry with the future of computers I am hoping for an easy fix. My poor friend, she is totally computer illiterate(does not know how to install software at all) so I am trying to be a good friend and help her out!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473915/windows-8-installed-laptop-wont-boot-off-windows-7-disk/
Relevancy 83.85%

hi, window will not boot goes to blue screen that says process 1 initizaltion failed and starts dumping, then reboots to reapir, wont repair, tried booting to reapir disc and used bitdefender rescue which showed no virus, then tried booting to my winodws 7 upgrade disc, it says loading files then goes to a windows screen and nothing, tried recovery and it only shows one date may 6th, recovered to that date and does the same boots then goes to blue screen, in advanced i went to promt screen and tried chkdsk c:/f/r and it said failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50, so now dont know what to do if i need a new hard drive or what bios looks the same as always please help mike

A:windows 7 wont boot, wont go to safe mode or start on windows 7 disk

Have you followed these steps - Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289808-windows-7-wont-boot-wont-go-safe-mode-start-windows-7-disk.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hi i installed windows xp pro. it installed perfectly. but when i restarted windows from getting updates from windowsupdate.com it kept restarting without booting up but when i restarted with the disk in the drive it started no problem. any suggestions anyone help

A:Installed windows xp pro but wont run without disk! what next?

This might not be your problem, but it's worth a look. Check in your bios, to make sure that the hard drive with xp on is the first boot option.
The same thing happened to me after I did a repair install. The boot sequence had changed. I had to set it so that hdd0 was the first boot.option, then it booted without the disk. All the best!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-windows-xp-pro-but-wont-run-without-disk-what-next.17829/
Relevancy 81.7%

So my co worker asked me to look at her laptop its a toshiba tecra m The boot keeps hanging up on the system file agp sys I went on the internet and the :/ wont agp440.sys complete on off hangs Windows wont disk boot boot and up found a windows xp pro disk to try and replace the system file using recovery After a learning how to add SATA drivers Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/ to the windows xp boot I was able to detect the hard drive and just before windows setup screen comes up the computer blue screens with a x B stop error I read that the battery could cause this so i carefully took apart the computer and replaced it with no change I put a windows disk in to see if i could use Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/ the recovery console in it and suprisingly it booted no problem i was able to use command prompt but with no idea what the problem is i have no idea what to do with it If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated Thanks for reading the problem hope someone has an idea any more info needed Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/ just ask thanks

A:Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/

Info on 7B STOP errors...http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm, scroll down to 7B in left column.

IMO, you have compounded the situation by using a "downloaded" version of Windows, since I suspect that such may contain embedded malware as part of the package.

Any number of things may have caused the initial hang, as you can see by reading the data at the Aumha website.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299638/windows-wont-boot-hangs-up-on-agp440sys-and-wont-complete-boot-off-the-disk/
Relevancy 78.26%

Ok So I had harddrive windows partition of GB had a FC partition of GB I wanted ubuntu instead of Fedora so I struggled getting the partitions setup in ubuntu install I was goign back and forth exiting re-configuring trying to get the quot no root configured quot until I fixed it It installed fine it works except for wireless Installed now boot ubuntu, Windows wont XP Help! Now It wont let me boot into windows which works on wireless I am using grub It told me that MS windows was detected Click next to install bootloader etc Now when I try to boot into Windows XP I get this after I tell Help! Installed ubuntu, now Windows XP wont boot grub to boot into windows Code Booting 'Microsoft Windows XP' root hd Filesystem type unknown partition type x savedefualt makeavtive chainloader I dont know what this means or what to do I was thinking somehow copy the partition onto my GB drive to back up and re-install XP Could I do this wit ha boot disk like knoppix If you need anymore info I am here Thank you in advanced Dan Rippon nbsp

A:Help! Installed ubuntu, now Windows XP wont boot

Does the computer hang at this point or does it expect some input?

The correct command after chainloader +1 would be "boot"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-installed-ubuntu-now-windows-xp-wont-boot.34258/
Relevancy 77.4%

Asus cm -ap originally running vista premium and owner wanted an upgrade to seven Bought a new hard drive b c old one died Mobo had trouble finding new drive but after setting bios back to default F it installed and finally got working Owner gets pc and starts getting blue screening and saying theres an f drive error and wont wake up after suspending without Installed and drive wont hard boot.... Windows now 7 reboot So I get it running fine by removing avg which is causing blue screen for some reason and the it is now waking up after auto hibernation But if you Installed Windows 7 and now hard drive wont boot.... put into hibernation Installed Windows 7 and now hard drive wont boot.... manually it wont wake I update windows and it goes back to not recognising hard drive Flash bios remove cmos baterry reset bios to default and set hard drive to ahcpi and it reinstalls fine update windows and it stops working Use restore point to get it back and running and this time dont update windows and its running ok again Shut it down for the night and the next day go to boot it up and there is no bootable media and now I am trying to Installed Windows 7 and now hard drive wont boot.... reinstall win and after it does it gets a no bootable media error even though it is installed and passes all the startup tests when using the disk to do a repair help any suggestions welcome Thanks

A:Installed Windows 7 and now hard drive wont boot....

Quote: Originally Posted by andrew10

Asus cm5570-ap006 originally running vista premium and owner wanted an upgrade to seven. Bought a new hard drive b/c old one died. Mobo had trouble finding new drive but, after setting bios back to default(F5) it installed and finally got working.
Owner gets pc and starts getting blue screening and saying theres an f1 drive error and wont wake up after suspending without reboot.
So I get it running fine by removing avg(which is causing blue screen for some reason) and the it is now waking up after auto hibernation. But if you put into hibernation manually it wont wake. I update windows and it goes back to not recognising hard drive.
Flash bios remove cmos baterry reset bios to default and set hard drive to ahcpi and it reinstalls fine update windows and it stops working. Use restore point to get it back and running and this time dont update windows and its running ok again. Shut it down for the night and the next day go to boot it up and there is no bootable media and now I am trying to reinstall win7 and after it does it gets a no bootable media error even though it is installed and passes all the startup tests when using the disk to do a repair....help any suggestions welcome.... Thanks

The motherboard may be at fault. Have you tried hooking up the hard drive to another system to see if you can acess the data. There may be a chance that the hard drive is failing. Be sure to back up the owner's data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/229599-installed-windows-7-now-hard-drive-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I on my Windows disk choice XP boot 7 installed have bootable drives Two for XP and one should be for W I had one of my XP disks as first in BIOS when I installed Windows Now when I start from my XP disk I get to choose between W and quot other OS quot This works But if I try to boot directly from my W disk it says quot no boot manager quot or something such I think I can fix the missing Windows 7 installed boot choice on my XP disk boot manager in W disk but where is that extra choice screen in XP I checked boot ini and could not see it Here is my XP boot ini Warning Boot ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems Warning Use BCDEDIT exe to modify Windows Vista boot options boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot NOEXECUTE OPTIN FASTDETECT c CMDCONS BOOTSECT DAT quot Microsoft Windows Recovery Console quot CMDCONS I think there is only one OS mentioned Nice to see this forum is up Last time I was here was

A:Windows 7 installed boot choice on my XP disk

Install Easy BCD boot manager for multiple boot options.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-7-installed-boot-choice-on-my-xp-disk-612108.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello All Windows Laptop Boot on 2003 Server in installed installation Dual already Windows 7 I have Windows Ultimate -Bit Edition installed and working fine Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop on the following laptop HP-Dv -Bit Core Duo GB RAM Nvidia Graphics Card It is the only operating system I have two partitions in the laptop harddisk Windows Ultimate is obviously installed on the first partition C I have D almost empty and I can shrink or expand it based on the requirements Now I want to install Windows SR SP Server on the same laptop in Dual Boot Configuration I have read that installing a Windows Xp family operating system on a machine after intallation of Windows Vista family operating system corrupts the boot sector and makes Windows unbootable since both have different operating system files I know i should have installed Windows first and then Windows to ensure a hassle free Windows dual boot system However I want now to save the hassle and do the other way around Can anyone guide me with exact steps or to any other working guide which can ensure that both operating systems would live in harmony in the scenario i have described Maybe someone with a similar experience can share the precautions and consequences Thanks for reading and helping in advance Regards nbsp

A:Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop

Couple of things you can do after installing 2003.

Boot from the W7 dvd select repair my computer and do a startup repair, most of the time this fixes the bootloader for W7, but then 2003 may not boot now. So then you need to install a BCD editor software in W7 to get both of them booting properly.

http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

If startup repair does not get W7 booting again, there are some commands you can do from the W7 recovery environment to get the job done, (boot from the W7 cd, select repair my computer, then command prompt)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-installation-in-dual-boot-on-already-installed-windows-7-laptop.878387/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello All I have Windows Dual installation Windows Boot already 7 installed 2003 in Windows Server Laptop on Ultimate -Bit Edition installed and working fine on the following laptop HP-Dv -Bit Core Duo GB RAM Nvidia Graphics Card It is the Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop only operating system I have two partitions in the laptop harddisk Windows Ultimate is obviously installed on the first partition C I have D almost empty and I can shrink or expand it based on the requirements Now I want to install Windows SR SP Server on the same laptop in Dual Boot Configuration I have read that installing a Windows Xp family operating system on a machine after intallation of Windows Vista family operating system corrupts the boot sector and makes Windows unbootable since both have different operating system files I know i should have installed Windows first and then Windows to ensure a hassle free Windows dual boot system However I want now to save the hassle and do the other Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop way around Can anyone guide me with exact steps or to any other working guide which can ensure that both operating systems would live in harmony in the Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop scenario i have described Maybe someone with a similar experience can share the precautions and consequences Thanks for reading and helping in advance Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-2003-server-installation-in-dual-boot-on-already-installed-windows-7-laptop-432998.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi a couple of months ago my system crashed windows wouldnt boot and I boot, help 7 wont Win disk doesnt boot, startup Ubuntu , windows dual misplaced my installation disk I had Win 7 , Ubuntu dual boot, windows wont boot, startup disk doesnt help the problems several times since obtaining the computer several years ago Lenovo IDeaPad y I attributed the problem to what I believed was a bad hard disk so I replaced it with a refurbished model I installed Ubungu and it worked well ever since I later located my win disk and created a dual boot Windows worked very well for several months until it stopped starting up last week It would get to the black windows screen where it says starting and usually get stuck there I would get fed up and turn it off after half an hour Once it was as the screen and it later started the checkdisk program and found no errors Another time it finally got into windows after a very long loading time and it seemed to work fine until the next time I restarted windows It just went back to the loading windows screen I formatted the windows partition through GParted in Ubuntu and tried the installation disk and it would get stuck at in the quot expanding files quot sequence After an hour of hoping something would happen I got fed up and forced it off again Not sure what to do from this point I have read other posts and it has led me to think that the issue could possibly be bad RAM or an issue with BIOS But Ubuntu has been working fine while Windows has simply been freezing at any attempt of a startup

A:Win 7 , Ubuntu dual boot, windows wont boot, startup disk doesnt help

It could be that the HDD has a bad sector in the Windows partition, or that the drive is actually failing. If there is a utility in Linux that tests memory, I would run it.

You could also use Memtest86+. It runs from a CD/DVD. Let it run for several passes to rule out bad RAM.

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342483-win-7-ubuntu-dual-boot-windows-wont-boot-startup-disk-doesnt-help.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey guys I have ran into a huge problem I had Windows installed on my Latitude e and decided to upgrade to Windows since my 8.1 Clean and Windows legacy system wont installed boot university offers a free product key I had to do the installation via USB since all Clean installed Windows 8.1 and system wont legacy boot I had was the key Anyway I followed the steps on this site for a clean install Reset Win Update gt Win Upgrade Product Key amp ISO Everything was going smoothly until after I deleted the partitions Windows started installing but stalled after it had to reboot the first time After the reboot I kept receiving the Clean installed Windows 8.1 and system wont legacy boot error quot No Boot Device Found Press any key to reboot the machine quot I rebooted the machine and went into the boot menu by pressing F The 'LEGACY BOOT' section had two choices quot Internal HDD IRRT quot and quot CD DVD CD-RW Drive quot I clicked on the quot Internal HDD IRRT quot option and received quot Selected boot device failed Press any key to return to F menu and choose LEGACY BOOT or UEFI BOOT option quot Under the UEFI BOOT option there was a choice for quot Windows Boot Manager quot so I clicked it Windows started to install again The problem here is that every Clean installed Windows 8.1 and system wont legacy boot time the system restarts now I have to go into the boot menu and click on quot Windows Boot Manager quot in order for Windows to boot Once it's booted everything works fine I read somewhere that my hard drive connection might be loose and to check the BIOS to see if it is recognized My hard drive info was displayed under quot Primary Hard Drive quot Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this It isn't a gigantic issue but it is an annoyance Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73676-clean-installed-windows-8-1-system-wont-legacy-boot.html
Relevancy 76.54%

i have 2 hard drives in my computer one was 500 and the other was1tb now i have no space after i installed windows 7. before i installed windows 7 i had a boot disk falure and could not do a system restore so thats why i used the 7 disk.should i reinstall the 7 again?how do i get to use all the space i use to have? thanks for any help i can get

A:newbie that installed windows 7 after boot disk falure

I don't know what you did but you somehow partitioned each drive into two small partitions of 48.82GB and 9.77GB with the rest left unallocated. Any data on either is probably lost.

The best thing you can do is do the Windows 7 install again, but disconnect which ever drive you DO NOT want Windows 7 installed to, leave just the one you want.

During the install, delete all partitions on it then create a new partition that spans the entire drive and complete the install. Once done, shutdown and reconnect the 2nd drive then use Disk Management to delete the existing partitions on it and create one or more, what ever size you want them to be.

Or ... read here: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/290337-newbie-installed-windows-7-after-boot-disk-falure.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello Guys!

I am having a perhaps unique problem while trying to install Windows 7 in my Mini Toshiba Netbook.

Error message: "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

Details: Toshiba NB505-N508BL using an external USB DVD Drive with a clean and working copy of Windows 7 32 Bits (I used this ISO before without any issues).

Troubleshooting steps:

1: Tried with 2 different hard drives.
2: Booting priority is correctly set
3: Bios was set to default values and AHCI is properly set in the Bios instead of SATA

Still, same error message...

What else could be wrong? faulty motherboard? hard disk cable connection? or do I simply need the original Windows 7 disk that came with the mini laptop? (I don't think so). Or perhaps I am missing an extra step in the Bios?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Relevancy 75.68%

Hey I am trying to install Windows XP Pro I am currently running Windows Vista Ultimate SP But i also have a Windows RC Partition I want to install XP over the windows and at some point perhaps over the vista too i just have too much stuff on there i dont want to loose at the minute So anyway i already know Pro Wont From Windows Boot XP Disk i cant install XP through windows vista as you cant quot downgrade quot But i put the disk in and restart my computer i have set it to boot from CD but it doesn't even give me the option to press any key to boot from CD its just goes straight ahead and carries Windows XP Pro Wont Boot From Disk on with booting Vista Windows But when i put my Ubuntu Disk In It Boots From CD so im doing that bit correct Can anyone help My Computer Spec Is Motherboard Gigabyte M SME-s which can be seen here http www gigabyte com Windows XP Pro Wont Boot From Disk tw Products Windows XP Pro Wont Boot From Disk ProductID Processor AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor Ghz RAM GB Kingston DDR Graphics Card nVidia Geforce GS If there is anything else you need to know please ask Thanks to all that help

A:Windows XP Pro Wont Boot From Disk

and welcome to the Forum

Is the install CD you are using an original or a copy?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-pro-wont-boot-from-disk-412272.html
Relevancy 75.68%

My comp has been having some system issues, so today i decided to do a repair, everything went smoothly until it asked me for the ethernet drivers (network bus emulator) on my ASUS m2n4-SLI motherboard. I dont have the disk handy so i downloaded a copy of the AMD nforce4 drivers from nvidia and copied them to a flash drive which i then stuck into my comp and used to install the drivers, but after i clicked yes, the computer simply restarted, now when i start windows all that happens is halfway through the startup screen it restarts. WHAT AM I TO DO!

A:Must have installed wrong chipset driver during repair, now windows wont boot!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/must-have-installed-wrong-chipset-driver-during-repair-now-windows-wont-boot.546437/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello This is my problem - I added a SSD to my computer - Windows Home was installed at my C-drive harddisk - I succesfully installed Windows Home at my new A-drive SSD - When I startup on already disk create repair boot sector installed or an windows I can choose between two Windows installation The first is the new installation the second is the old one - Now I want to remove my old C-drive But when I do this Windows does not start up I tried booting from the installation DVD tyring repair but my new installation does not appear in there so I cannot repair that installation Someone told me I had to repair the bootrecord create or repair boot sector on an already installed windows disk on my new SSD but I don't know how I DON'T want to reinstall windows I only want to repair or copy the bootrecord on this new SSD so that I can remove the C-drive Whenever I replug the C-drive everything still works fine That disk and that installation is fine as well Can I copy it from that installation Thank you

A:create or repair boot sector on an already installed windows disk

Hello Floris I don't know if either of these will help you our but worth a try
https://neosmart.net/wiki/bootrec/

or

Use Bootrec.exe in the Windows RE to troubleshoot startup issues
not having to have to do either of these I am not really sure but they do look similar to each other.

I just found this too wasn't sure if I had seen it but read this MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record

NB Remove the old drive first

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348443-create-repair-boot-sector-already-installed-windows-disk.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Dell Latitude D600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd when trying to install windows!!! Hello every one ...
basically my dell latitude d600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd am not sure why....
I am trying to install fresh windows in there, I donít think there is any probe with dos setup everything is fine but to be honest am not 100% sure, so would you guys be able to help....cheers every one.

A:Dell Latitude D600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd when trying to install windows!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d600-laptop-wont-boot-windows-xp-cd-when-trying-to-install-windows.807230/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello every one ...
basically my dell latitude d600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd am not sure why....
I am trying to install fresh windows in there, I donít think there is any probe with dos setup everything is fine but to be honest am not 100% sure, so would you guys be able to help....cheers every one.

A:Dell Latitude D600 laptop wont boot windows xp cd when trying to install windows!!!

Did you check the bios and check that the CD/DVD Rom is enabled as a boot device and is searched before the HDD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d600-laptop-wont-boot-windows-xp-cd-when-trying-to-install-windows.802045/
Relevancy 74.82%

i am trying to reinstall windows in a laptop and it loads up to the login screen but the password got changed from a virus and now i cant install windows when i insert the disk it does nothing please help its a newer hp compaq nc6320

A:reeinstalling windows disk wont boot

To reinstall, you need to boot from the XP Installation disc . . to do that, enter BIOS ( Setup ) and set the first boot device as CD/ROM.

Put your XP Disc in the drive and disconnect all external peripherals

Once you set your BIOS to boot first from cd . . when it restarts you will see a black screen with a prompt "Press any key to boot from CD" . . do that and you will be able to delete any or all partitions and recreate one or more, then proceed to formating and installing XP.

That message can pass quickly, so have a finger on the keyboard when you boot. This will delete all data on the drive so be sure you have your important data backed up. The prompt will appear after every reboot, but do not press any key on subsequent reboots. The setup process will continue with no action required from you.

If you are installing on SATA drive, there is an additional step:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...ws_xp_on_a.htm

For help entering BIOS: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reeinstalling-windows-disk-wont-boot-233703.html
Relevancy 74.82%

just built a new computer, and cannot get windows to install. I keep getting disk boot error, insert system disk and press enter. With windows xp disk in drive I press enter then a blank screen appears, except for a cursor in top left corner, and stays that way. My copy of windows is 2 yrs old at least, dont know if lack of service packs make a difference. Boot order in bios is correct, cd rom drive works, have tried with other drive. So basically cant boot from cd.

Relevancy 74.82%

Okay My Prob Started Yesterday When I Restarted My Windows It Wouldn't Boot And Said Boot-mgr Is Missing In Tennessee I Have An Instillation Disk To Fix This But I'm In Atlanta Which Is 7 Wont Installation Boot-No Disk.. Windows Really Irrelevant Because My CD Drive Is A Useless Piece Of Crap Windows 7 Wont Boot-No Installation Disk.. And Doesn't Work All I Have Is My GB Usb So I Was Wondering How Can I Install Win Recovery Or Anything To My Usb Windows 7 Wont Boot-No Installation Disk.. To Fix Boot-mgr While Using Sabayon KDE Extra Stuff That Might Help I've Used This Usb To Install Both Win and Sabayon I Am Dual Booting My Sabayon And Win Using Grub I've Already Tried To Download A Boot-mgr File For Win But Cant Find One I've Already Tried To Directly Boot The Win Partition In Grub Using - root hd makeactive chainloader boot - But It Gives Me The Same Boot-mgr Missing Error Anything At This Point Will Help Me Because I'm A Total Linux Newbie And Dont Know Pretty Much About Using It So I Dont Know How To Use It To Fix My Win

A:Windows 7 Wont Boot-No Installation Disk..

Sure, try this tutorial: System Repair Disc - Create

At the bottom of the tutorial, it shows how to burn it to a USB drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/84743-windows-7-wont-boot-no-installation-disk.html
Relevancy 74.82%

ok well long story short i bought a new laptop an asus g vw best buy model i knew it had a slow hdd so i got a ssd while i was there i searched online how to swap windows to the ssd and found what seemed like a good artilce on howtogeek com link How To Migrate Windows to a Solid State Drive - How-To Geek so i did everything here brought ssd os with laptop swap and hdd boot after installed wont the os over and the mb system partion thought i was ready to go so i removed the hdd and tried to boot missing bootmgr i replaced the hdd and left the ssd in now windows will not boot with both drives installed and i cant get it do boot from the recovery disk either i am really at a loss here i was hoping to just try to redo what i did to the ssd but i obviously have laptop wont boot with ssd and hdd installed after os swap another issue now if anyone can help me please laptop wont boot with ssd and hdd installed after os swap i laptop wont boot with ssd and hdd installed after os swap am begging lol

A:laptop wont boot with ssd and hdd installed after os swap

Quote: Originally Posted by simpson110

ok, well long story short, i bought a new laptop, an asus g75vw best buy model. i knew it had a slow hdd so i got a ssd while i was there. i searched online how to swap windows to the ssd and found what seemed like a good artilce on howtogeek.com(link How To Migrate Windows 7 to a Solid State Drive - How-To Geek). so i did everything here, brought the os over, and the 200mb system partion thought i was ready to go so i removed the hdd and tried to boot, missing bootmgr. i replaced the hdd and left the ssd in, now windows will not boot with both drives installed, and i cant get it do boot from the recovery disk either. i am really at a loss here, i was hoping to just try to redo what i did to the ssd, but i obviously have another issue now. if anyone can help me please, i am begging lol.

Have you tried a clean install? Also have you checked the bios for the correct settings? AHCI

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/257144-laptop-wont-boot-ssd-hdd-installed-after-os-swap.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey I have a Notebook Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Product Number FS UA ABA System board iD fb Processor AMD TURION X Ultra Dual Core Mobile ZM- Bios Version F with Factory Installed OS Vista A couple Days ago while browsing and chatting my computer froze up and just shut down My computer has done this before so i do frequent virus checks but don t seem to have ever had anything too serious When I wont BOOT windows start DISK ERROR! tried to start my computer up again I recieve this message quot Boot Disk Failure quot I cannot get past the loading windows screen I am actually out of the country for the next week or so so i Can t BOOT DISK ERROR! windows wont start head right over to Best buy This is a used computer and i don t have the system DISC anymore I have alot of music work and BOOT DISK ERROR! windows wont start files that I need on this computer I already tried checking BOOT DISK ERROR! windows wont start to see if there is anything in the disc or floppy drive Pressing ESC as my computer starts up leads me to a menu system info diagnostics bios system boot disk options and system restore and from there i can press f for even more controls I m hoping Ill be able to use these options to save my computer The system restore options does nothing at all begins loading up windows then just brings me to a black screen I m willing to try and listen to anything nbsp

A:BOOT DISK ERROR! windows wont start

i would find a working PC with Internet, cd writer and a spare CD-R or RW
and download the ISO
ubuntu
www.ubuntu.com
create a bootable CD from the ISO
Now put that onto the HP Machine and boot it up (DO NOT INSTALL) run from the CD
see if you can see the harddrive - if so - you should be able to copy all your music and files off onto a USB harddrive

That will also show if its a harddrive or PC issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-disk-error-windows-wont-start.889956/
Relevancy 74.39%

I registered my windows starter asus netbook for windows upgrade and then cloned the GB slow rpm hard disk to a GB SSD about GB was left on the C drive nothing on the D drive and the MB and MB partitions I thought were the dual boot linux partitions-but they werent that is actually on the motherboard So the new hard wont windows change disk boot after 7 SSD contains a single GB window partition which paragon assigned the letter H windows 7 wont boot after hard disk change and the two tiny partitions are there I suspect the MB partition might be the ASUS repair partition When I put this disk in and tried to boot it refused It did boot into the splash screen a very limited Linux OS thast just web browses skypes and looks at photos then I was able to use the windows repair disk I made and it corrected the boot error and when I logged in I got the black screen with mouse cursor I was able tyo use ctrl alt windows 7 wont boot after hard disk change del to start the task amanger and start explorer exe That allowed me to boot to a quot temporoary quot profile which it said would disappear when I logged off a few programs worked but control panel office etc didnt I could only start google earth adobe reader and a couple of other things A little message in the corner said quot this copy of windows is not genuine quot I am hopeing not to do a complete reinstall is there a way to get it to boot eg by changing the drive letter from H to C if I boot into the windows repair copnsole and command prompt wil that let me use eg diskpart to change the drive letter I suppose I can do a full resore with the windows disk I made or reinstall everything with a windows starter disc I made then reinstall all the programs but I would like to see If I can get the cloned disk working BTW Sandisk recommended EZgig to clone the drive a separate download not from Sandisks site but this program didnt recognioze it I used Paragon instead pidasms

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5399efbc-e94e-4374-95ff-34baeae4f42c/windows-7-wont-boot-after-hard-disk-change?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello BleepingComputer I have a problem with my laptop I'm sorry but this thing problem has a history so I will have to tell it too months ago my HDD got the click of death and I replaced it with another one and installed the same windows the one on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop Laptop windows wont open recovery disk with it Thing is even after I got the new one messages still appeared saying that the HDD is about to fail and needs to be replaced so I shut off these warning manually through some Administrative steps guided by a friend I tested my new HDD using all available tools and made sure it was flawless just to clear that out I ignored the problem and everything was fine till yesterday my computer got infected from a friend's USB disk and I think it messed up the windows installation so whenever I boot up the laptop it says loading windows and the windows logo shows up and finishes loading then it disappears then instead of getting to the welcome screen it gives a very fast BSOD and reboots I tried to boot into safe mode but that gives the same result After a couple of fail trials the laptop gave me the option to enter system Laptop wont open windows recovery disk recovery so I did It says also loading operating system then it gets me to a black screen with the mouse pointer in the screen I can move the pointer but nothing else shows up I tried using the windows installation disk from one of my friends and it gives the same result as the previous black screen with movable mouse pointer One thing else I want to point out a friend suggested we tried a live linux distro and I tried one and it worked and I was able to access my HDD and I could backup the data if I want to but the HDD is perfectly fine Sorry for adding so much detail I just want to make it as clear as possible I hope someone could help Thanks

A:Laptop wont open windows recovery disk

Welcome to BC !

Two things

(1)  You say you can back up your data to an external HD - do so !  Once you have backed it up you can always check the data for any malware or such on another computer, just scan the drive.

(2)  You say you got infected via a USB drive. The best thing you can do is post in the 'Am I infected ?' section on BC, include the make and model of your laptop and anything you have tried to resolve the problem. You may have to wait a day or two - these people are both busy and all volunteers - but someone will get back to you. When they do, the best thing to do is follow their instructions carefully, and if you don't understand what you are being asked to do, post back and ask for guidance.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506541/laptop-wont-open-windows-recovery-disk/
Relevancy 73.53%

I'm trying to fix a PC for a relative. The problem is that it wont reboot at all after it got the blue screen at start up. The computer would continuously reboot until you turned it off. It's not possible to boot into safe mode either.

I have tried booting from a Windows XP disc. The CD drive recognises the disc and begins to boot. It will get so far and then get the error message "File sbp2port.sys is corrupted. Press any key to continue"

Doing this only results in the computer rebooting again and being stuck in a loop.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Jamie.

Relevancy 71.81%

pc running on windows xp professional wont boot after disk drive conversion from logical to primary using a partition program. Please help.

A:Solved: pc running on windows xp professional wont boot after disk drive conversion..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-running-on-windows-xp-professional-wont-boot-after-disk-drive-conversion.981900/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi everyone my laptop that i bought from argos month's boot windows wont Laptop into ago wont boot into windows when i turn it on the HP logo comes up then the screen just keeps turning white then dark grey possible Laptop wont boot into windows light black it just keeps doing this i can still move the mouse pointer but it wont go into windows i have also tried it with the power pack charger plugged in so i dont think its a battery problem any ideas greatly apreciated nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp freddy

A:Laptop wont boot into windows

Dear Customer, Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum  The first thing we recommend t is a hard reset of the computer. The steps are different depending on if your battery is removable or not. See http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768 for steps and videos that cover this easy first step. If you are still having boot problems walk through the steps in the online troubleshooting documents here: Windows 10  - http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479Windows 8 - http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03515402Windows 7 - http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-wont-boot-into-windows/td-p/5813674
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello,

i would like to install windows xp on my laptop, but the dvd wont boot .
what i have checked

1. the bios boot order is set to dvdrom first
2. other bootable disc works like windows 7, Ubuntu , Mint
3. i tried burned three disc with two different winxp iso , none of them works on my laptop
4. but those discs work on other computer.

it seems that its specifically tied with winxp i am confused .

can any one help me

A:Windows XP cd wont boot on laptop

is the disk genuine

you have checked there are xp drivers available for the laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-cd-wont-boot-on-laptop-570999.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi guys I need help desperately before I lose my mind Gradually over the last few weeks my boot windows Laptop to wont laptop has been getting slower and slower and on occasion has struggled Laptop wont boot to windows with booting up I've been trying to back up my work to do a Laptop wont boot to windows full reformat However a couple Laptop wont boot to windows of days ago I shut down and ever since it won't boot up again I switch it on and I get the start-up screen where I can press f or f for setup or recovery then the screen goes blank with the cursor showing and that's about as far as I get I've used my Windows CD to try to repair I've used command prompts to fix the MBR etched and even performed a memory test All tests come back as no faults found But also no system restore points can be found However during the system repair it mentions something about removing any hardware such as a camera etc from the computer but I haven't attached anything I can't even boot up in safe mode A couple of weeks ago I had issues with some malware but managed to get rid of it however that's about the time my problems started I'm using Windows on a Samsung notebook model np e a I will gladly give any info required where possible as I really want a reformat to be a last resort Thanks in advance

A:Laptop wont boot to windows

Before you try anything drastic, do you know how to remove the Memory from the Laptop?
Your nasty may be a memory resident one? If you are able to remove the ram with safety, do so and leave it out for about 15 mins and put it back in then try to start again. If you DO get into windows, do a virus scan.

If not, you may be looking at a re install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/310293-laptop-wont-boot-windows.html
Relevancy 71.81%

i have a toshiba laptop, and when i try to boot into windows it stalls on a black screen. so i tried to boot from a windows 7 disk. it goes as far as loading setup files and then again stalls on the black screen. ive tried everything i could think of. cant boot into safe mode either. i also reset the bios settings back to default and that didnt work either. i want to be able to do a clean install of windows, so how would i go about doing that? what can i do to get past the blank black screen so i can see the options to format the partitions?

A:laptop wont boot into windows, how to fix?

Work through Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359340-laptop-wont-boot-into-windows-how-fix.html
Relevancy 71.81%

hi.

my mother switched on her laptop, and she saw the screen that asks to start windows normally or safe mode etc.

anyway, the screen said that the system hadn't shut down properly last time, and when she chose to start windows normally, it just went straight back to the boot screen, she has tried safe mode too but the exact same has happened. she has took the battery out and put it back in, but it didnt help.

Incase you need to know, the system is WIN XP SP2, but thats all we can really tell you as thats all I know to be honest.

I would really appreciate someones kind help.

thanks,
Ryan

A:windows wont boot: laptop

I think the Window has been currupted try installing a fresh one now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-wont-boot-laptop-189800.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey Guys I hope this is posted in the right forum If its not then I am truly sorry So I am back at it with a different problem and a different laptop I was attempting to fix my buddys from schools laptop for him because I even wont Windows not Safemode. Laptop in into boot thought I could Once again its not as easy as I thought What I think it is Is the boot sector is bad Because the laptop won t load windows It Laptop wont boot into Windows not even in Safemode. continuously restarts wont even go into Safe Laptop wont boot into Windows not even in Safemode. mode Laptop wont boot into Windows not even in Safemode. Restarts and then comes up with Repair I have tried to Boot from Puppy Linux and from various windows boot discs and it will not boot from disc It will not load any of them Or it could be that the Disc in the machine has gone bad The Laptop starts normally tried to load windows then restarts then eventually it ends up with the repair option F menu basically I am sorry I always take on these projects and then I always end up coming here to learn how to solve them Its because Bleeping Computer is in solving all my problems Austra Alien is Da Man But anyways I m back for more I want to believe this Laptop can be fixed And Because the Laptop wont even start Windows I told him I could once again wipe it and reinstall windows for him with his copy of course Background Info on the Laptop in question Toshiba Laptop Satellite Series Model PSLB U- Currently Running Windows Vista not sure on which one Haven t been able to log in Processor GHZ Total Memory MBBios Version The Laptop does go into Bios Its a nice looking Laptop its in great condition I can tell he really takes care of it maybe So the machine will not boot into windows it restarts instead As soon as the windows loading logo comes up it flashes a blue screen then restarts and comes up with Launch Startup Repair screen I have launched start up repair several times and nothing happens Says cant fix the problem I guess the main goal is to get the machine to boot from a disc If it is a bad boot sector is that fixable Or could it be that the Disc in the machine has just gone bad But the PC wont load windows or Boot from Disc it could be both Well I hope this is an easy fix I m prepared for the worst Glad its not my machine But Id like to be able to fix Any advice would be perfect and thank you guys for all your help especially Austra Alien Sorry for always bringing my problems here I take these projects on because I love learning new things about PC s and I have learned sooooo much from you guys alone Almost enough to teach a course on PC repair You guys are the best Thank YouOh Yeah and this is a different friends laptop than the Sony Vaio I did for my other friend last time I posted That one by the way is perfect and running great Still works And I owe that one to Austra Alien he helped me so much He basically fixed it

A:Laptop wont boot into Windows not even in Safemode.

Have you tried booting Puppy from a USB flashdrive? Give it a shot: You probably already have the instructions for putting Puppy on a flashdrive.Please do the following:Get a look at the error message presented by the BSOD (blue screen of death) ....Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Advanced Boot Options" menu screen.
Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press the <ENTER> key.Your system will attempt to restart normally, but when it crashes, it will not re-start: Instead, you will see a BSOD with error message.
Record the error message details (contained in the areas outlined in red, in the above example image), and post in your reply.Note: The first image above is from XP, but the Vista menu is similar.Edit: I might ask for this topic to be moved from the External Hardware forum ... to the Vista forum.Edit2: "Toshiba Laptop. Satellite Series, Model# PSLB8U-079025"That would be a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5921: Please confirm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442966/laptop-wont-boot-into-windows-not-even-in-safemode/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey guys sorry for posting here I can register at the Eight forums and post this instead if ya'll think it would be a better idea just figured since im already registered here may as well ask here So this is the scenario a friends daughter dropped her Gateway NE R laptop on the ground I guess flat because it did not break the screen but after that apparently it would not boot anymore she had someone she knows look at it and boot laptop 8 Windows wont dropped, I guess they did not diagnose the problem fully that person just told her it needed a new hard drive So this guy Windows 8 laptop dropped, wont boot put a new Hard drive in it and a hacked version of windows pro Dohhh But apparently he couldn't figure out how to get the wireless driver to install which is how Windows 8 laptop dropped, wont boot I wound up with this thing So my first thought is test the old hard drive I do and it is fine works perfect when I install in a external portable USB case explored all files are there as is all partitions including one button and recovery but no recovery media and from what I can tell it doesn't appear anyone ever made the media like they should have So I reinstall the original HDD back in the laptop but it will not boot at all When I try to boot it says quot No Bootable Device -- Insert boot disk and press any key quot so im guessing it never was run as well as the recovery one button partitions are small in size and I have no boot disk Oddly when I try Alt F to start recovery process it says entering Acer recovery mode lol this is a gateway then takes me right to the same screen as a normal boot quot No Bootable Device -- Insert boot disk and press any key quot So to move on now Problem is I have NO clue what version of Win it is weather it was set up as UEFI in the bios or not I don't know if it is or just win I have no recovery media or start up discs I tried win boot disk but it said this was not the right version of windows Dohhh lol So is there a way I can find out what version of win is on this thing and how I should have the bios set I think I tried every possible option but since it wont boot I cant really tell what is right or not Also ill need to know What version of win to get to either reinstall factory reinstall or repair install this thing to see if I can spare the new hard drive of having to be used on a hacked version of win grrrrr I know ya'll will need to know more than this so ask away I will promptly reply with any needed info TIA JRockZ

A:Windows 8 laptop dropped, wont boot

Make sure the hard drive is set first to boot in BIOS setup.

If it still won't boot then using the F12 Boot menu boot the Win7 installer for your licensed version to do a Clean Reinstall Windows 7. It discusses how to obtain confirmed-good media in Step 1, and the steps for drivers are printed in red so you can't miss them. We've never not been able to find a driver for Win7 so if you still can't find network driver after installing plugged in by ethernet cable and following all the steps, ask back here in our Drivers forum for help.

If you don't have a Win7 license to spare for a Win8 PC then do a Clean Install - Windows 8 using Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create which will auto-activate with the licensed version that came with the PC which can be determined by googling the model's specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368800-windows-8-laptop-dropped-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Bluetooth stopped working on my Fujitsu Esprimo U The bluetooth hardware is was visible in device manager anymore but unrecognized device appeared Driver reinstall did not help Driver installation setup says there is no bluetooth hardware PC Suite is installed worked fine before Eventually laptop stopped booting from hard disk and win or Vista install DVD displaying only laptop from install or dvd boot wont hard win disk starting windows I could access BIOS setup and I can boot only some DOS emergency boot CD allowing me to copy or erase whole disc but I couldn t reinstall OS Laptop was sent to service and had motherboard and bluetooth replaced Came back yesterday had win installed Everything was fine till I installed Nokia Ovi and tried to use Bluetooth laptop wont boot from hard disk or win install dvd Then the same hapenned - first USB unknown device than no boot at all I am desperate - I dont believe this is hardware mobos but I can t access the machine at all If this was software it should boot from Win DVD - but it hangs displaying starting windows And again I can access BIOS setup and I can boot only DOS emergency boot CD I dont t know how to reinstall OS Please help nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi i have seen the other posts attached is my log. I ran windows defender offline and it found Alureon i hit clean pc and it said a error encountered on windows defender and it said real time protection was turned off. when attempting to boot it shows the window logo but then restarts repeatedly and does the same when trying to boot to safe so then i hit google and seem this forum and i ran frst64.exe and i attached my log from it below.

A:Laptop wont boot after Windows Defender from Alureon

Never mind i have gotten it back to boot stage all i had to do is look a little closer to see why it was rebooting like that but in the end bootrec commands did the trick i am now running all the scans to insure that it is completely gone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597860/laptop-wont-boot-after-windows-defender-from-alureon/
Relevancy 70.09%

I just bought this laptop (Product number is v5c49av) and did a clean install of Windows 10. Everytime I shutdown the laptop (from Windows 10 Start Menu) and when I press the Power button the laptop is stuck at HP logo and then turn off. I will have to press to Power button again to turn on and the laptop boot to Windows on 2nd time. I did hard reset, upgrade BIOS, etc. but still the same issue. Please help and thank you!

A:Laptop wont boot after shutdown from Windows - everytime

I do not understand the reason to do Clean install as this unit came with Win 10 preinstalled. Anyway, in this situation I could think of only a software issue so try running System Recovery:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-boot-after-shutdown-from-Windows-everytime/td-p/5703922
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello.  So recently it just tried to boot up my laptop ( as usual) and i noticed it took rlly long and it just was stuck at the HP screen. I left it loading all day , and at the end it was still at the same HP screen. I tried hard resets everything. I even tried reinstalling windows , but everytime i finnish that, it goes or back to the HP screen , or back into recovery mode.  In the recovery mode i also cant reset the laptop. ITs really weird.  Is there anyone who can help me with this problem?    have a nice day,  Koen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-boot-into-windows-stuck-at-HP-logo-also-cant/td-p/5679659
Relevancy 70.09%

I am tryin to fix a laptop here for a friend.

It is a Sony Vaio VPCEH

She has forgotten her password and im tryin to get back into it.

I have burned a password recovery program as an iso to a disk. it is defo working as an ISO because i have tried it on my own laptop and it boots into the program no problem.

The Sony laptop wont boot it from cd.

Any suggestion please?

A:Forgotton windows password and laptop wont boot from cd, please help

Its ok now,it decided to boot for me now and i got it workin!

Im blaming th laptop for not booting first time but maybe i just missed something in my rage! it was pissing me off to say the least! lol

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/245939-forgotton-windows-password-laptop-wont-boot-cd-please-help.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Please help me. The problem is my laptop having a hard time to start up/ reboot.. Even i used the recovery disk and the advance options.. After windows loading it stops and hang on black screen and never continues.. When i used the start-up repair the logo will appear and hang on there in a minutes then after that it restart again..

Specs.. Toshiba U500 satellite
Windows 7 32bit..
Thanks..

A:Toshiba laptop-windows 7 problem wont boot..

I would suggest downloading the diagnostic software for your hard drive from the manufacturer to see if it is a problem with the hard drive. If that passes you may find this tutorial on startup repair helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194097-toshiba-laptop-windows-7-problem-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My 5 month old hp dv5z laptop cannot boot into vista. It is still able to boot into the bios so i decided to used f11 for hp system recovery. That was a big mistake. The Hp recovery wouldnt start and it only gave me a big blue screen. Now whenever i boot the laptop i goes into hp recovery with the blue screen (not the blue screen of death its a light bl. Please help me ive been trying for weeks to fix it and nothing working. I have been using the live cd of ubuntu on my laptop but i still have inportant information and i dont want my fingerprint scanner, and my hp webcam to be made useless please help me...

A:My Hpdv5z laptop wont boot up windows vista

First thing you need to do (if you haven't already) is get that important information off of that laptop. Perhaps what you could do is to install Ubuntu on say, a 5 GB partition or whatever, using Ubuntu's installation partitioning. It will install GRUB, and allow you to access both the recovery and Vista. I know this because I've done it before, now if your MBR is corrupted, then this won't help. Do not use a Vista DVD to repair the MBR, or you will render the recovery inaccessible. I hate recovery partitions, just give us the recovery discs! Hope that helps. Oh and on a side note, if this works, do not delete Ubuntu's partition, or you won't be able to boot once again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hpdv5z-laptop-wont-boot-up-windows-vista.129297/
Relevancy 70.09%

It started saying winboot.exe is missing - I tried making a repair disk from a website and changed the boot priority to be CD first, and it wont boot from the CD.

Is there any way to fix this?

A:Acer Laptop with windows Vista wont boot

What do you mean by it will not boot from CD? Does the system continue to boot as normal, without going to CD (even though you've changed the priority order), or is there an error message with the CD, is it the same winboot.exe one?

Could you explain when this error message occurs and what Operating System you are running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-laptop-with-windows-vista-wont-boot-591109.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all First time to the Hd is wont connected when boot to but laptop Windows will alternative forum and very relieved and delighted you exist I'm wondering if someone could help to explain to Windows wont boot but will when Hd is connected to alternative laptop me why when recently my Toshiba equium bit A series laptop running vista home premium stopped loading windows however when i put the hd into my gf's toshiba satellite C it just boots up normally although with a few drivers not working etc What i've Windows wont boot but will when Hd is connected to alternative laptop done so far used a windows recovery cd to try to repair the boot loader ie bootrec fixmbr Success bootrec fixboot Success bootrec rebuildbcd Fail cannot find any operating system However initially when the repair process starts it does show Windows vista Tm home premium and goes through the whole 'auto repair' without success I have also ran chkdsk which shows no errors Also used diskpart to list drives and it shows C as online I dont really need any info on how to transfer files etc and try complete re-install thanks anyway to anyone who wanted to help like that i just would like to hear from anyone whom is familiar with this story As it is i have a licensed Xp and running on vmware on the drive and my GNS labs with a lot of work on there few more points my gf's hard drive with win boots up normally in my equium and i updated the bios from toshiba website this way which didnt help in any way and also defaulted the bios settings which also didnt help So please feel free to point out my sillyness at being unable to see such a simple solution that you are about to advise Thank you

A:Windows wont boot but will when Hd is connected to alternative laptop

Just to update i have run a live copy of linux from disk and used the disk utility to look at the disk partitions on the hd. I can see my vista partition and data partition and there is also a WinRE partition which is 1.6GB I had always though this partition was a a very small 200mb file to store the boot files. Is that correct?

There is an option to make this volume bootable and add a flag its currently shown as 'EMPTY (0x00)'

I can access my vista Boot files from this method also is there a way i can alter them or copy the correct files in the correct places if these are corrupt? Sorry if that's vague i am grasping at staws to think of what could be wrong as i don't have a clue about it tbh.

Any input what so ever really now would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/295914-windows-wont-boot-but-will-when-hd-connected-alternative-laptop.html
Relevancy 70.09%

trying to solve a problem on a dell inspiron n5010 running windows 7

when you switch it on it goes to the black boot up screen and you are given these options
Launch startup repair(recomended)
start windows normally

if i select start windows normally it goes to the windows start up logo but eventually freezes then crash to a blue screen than goes off immediatley before i can read the info on screen

if i select the launch start up repair it goes to a blue screen with some small pics of leaves on and stays there and does nothing

any ideas how i can repair this please

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

i have read this but i dont even get the grey option boxes just that blue screen background

A:laptop wont boot sticks on windows logo

You need to boot the computer from a Win 7 DVD and select Startup repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/257241-laptop-wont-boot-sticks-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Toshiba C t-A that had a Windows upgrade installed on to a wiped hard drive No going to Settings to revert back to previous OS The CD DVD drive I had changed boot order to look at the Optical drive first with Win7 Toshiba from disk! wont install boot laptop a Win install disk was not recognized at boot up to facilitate a complete new Win install over top of the current Win OS I re-wiped the hard drive and formatted it to NTFS and then used the disk manager from another laptop to change it to GPT When I tried to use my Windows Ultimate DVD to re-install changed boot order so OD CD DVD was first but this C t wont boot from Toshiba laptop wont boot from Win7 install disk! the DVD Now this is the same DVD that came with this unit but yet it wont boot the Win install DVD I read where THIS Toshiba model because Toshiba was in cahoots with Microsoft has no provision in BIOS to switch to from UEFI to CSM UNLESS the bios was updated to v I think that is the latest version I did disable quot Secure boot quot which was the only associated option I then created a GPT UEFI USB memstick with Win Ult ISO which booted fine and installed Win Ultimate to the re-GPT'ed gb SATA hard drive But on reboot after Win Ult install the ONLY bootable media device found was the USB Win memstick This C t-A will only boot to the memstick and completely bypasses changed boot order to make HDD first the GPT HDD that has just had Win Ulitmate successfully installed If I let it boot to the USB MEM stick it starts the Win amp installation all over again If I remove the USB MEM stick I get quot Checking Media quot and then quot No bootable Device -- please restart system quot It completely ignores the Win install on the gb GPT SATA hard drive Apparently I still need to update BIOS so I can change UEFI to CSM But how do I do that when there is no bootable device that contains the quot scjev exe quot executable file Is there a way to load install this BIOS upgrade from a USB memstick I find it really reprehensible that such an option was deleted from BIOS choices just to make it difficult for a Toshiba user top revert back to windows That is what I have read anyway Thanks in advance for ANY input on how to get this Toshiba to recognize the install and or how to upgrade the bios from memstick

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400678-toshiba-laptop-wont-boot-win7-install-disk.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I just installed a home use version of Microsoft Office 2010 on my home PC. Previously this was a problem free, perfectly working installation of Windows 7. Now it appears that the office installation has killed it. Instead of booting up properly, my PC hangs at "Windows is loading files..." if I choose safe mode. Or if I tried to boot up without safe mode, it just freezes at "Starting Windows".

This is a huge problem for me since I work from home. Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

A:Installed "Home Use" Office 2010 on Windows 7. Now my PC Wont boot!

Sounds like a bad install. I would use system restore to return to a point prior to installation. I would then try the OS for a while make sure that it works properly. Then make a system restore point and try to install again.

Try to get to system restore from safe mode. If cannot be done report back and we might try another approach. Try a start up repair
Startup Repair

Many may say, just uninstall. In the case of a bad install, I want to be sure that all is back to where you started and no remnants remain

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/94933-installed-home-use-office-2010-windows-7-now-my-pc-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I have a laptop thats stuck in an infinite grey screen or automatic repairing screen The laptop is a Samsung NP E C-A AUS and was loaded with Windows I've created a Windows installation disk with Microsofts media creation tool in hopes of using it to repair or reinstall windows It brings me as far as to the quot Press any Key to boot to CD DVD quot screen but pressing a key does not work I've tried using another USB keyboard no - any Issue boot media Laptop wont Windows Installation ps slots which has not helped I've tried the same with a windows boot disk and it got post the press any Windows Installation Issue - Laptop wont boot any media key phase but the laptop quickly froze ive tried several times but it keeps freezing a few seconds after pressing an any key Ive tried Hirens boot CD to test the laptops hardware but it will not boot either All these media have been tested on my main machine and work -SECURE boot has been disabled -Boot priories have been set in BIOS Any suggestions Much appreciated Getting desperate

A:Windows Installation Issue - Laptop wont boot any media

Hi,

Hope you've enabled legacy in BIOS too?

If that didn't work, Just a suggestion:
Could you try make UEFI bootable USB with Windows 8.1 ISO using Media creation tool, then boot from it? There is a media creation tutorial in here, you could go through it for help.

I don't think disabling Secure boot, enabling legacy is needed in this case.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/64363-windows-installation-issue-laptop-wont-boot-any-media.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi everyone this is my st post I've been lurking for a few months for answer to general tech support issues and it seems if anyone can help with this issue they can definitely be found on this forum So I decided to get a little too confident and tried to fix an issue with bluetooth on my Dell Inspiron windows by changing the object name of the RPC mistake boot after wont laptop W8 windows Dell to regedit service in regedit in order to try to get it to log on with NT AUTHORITY Network Service instead of local I did that here --- gt HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Servic es RpcSs Being the genius Dell laptop wont boot to windows after regedit mistake W8 that I am I Dell laptop wont boot to windows after regedit mistake W8 did not backup the registry prior to this don't have the original windows disc bought computer used and never created a backup disk either CURRENT STATUS When I Dell laptop wont boot to windows after regedit mistake W8 turn on the computer I see the Dell logo than windows logo as if it is booting the system and after I get a black screen and a lonely mouse cursor On the st screen with the Dell logo has options I can choose F for setup amp F for boot options In setup F I can only view information and add change HDD password In boot options F it says Boot mode is set to Legacy Secure boot Off LEGACY BOOT allows me to choose the options below Network Hard Drive CD DVD CD-RW Drive Diagnostics I ran the full diagnostics it gives no errors Enter Setup takes me to F menu Peripheral Device setting OPROM setting Change Boot Mode Setting - This menu lets me choose UEFI Boot Mode Secure Boot OFF amp UEFI Boot Mode Secure Boot On WHAT I'VE TRIED -Tried both UEFI boot modes but obviously that isn't going to help -Attempting to boot in safe mode I tried good old F and than Shift F going on at least times no dice -A friend told me to try to power off the system just as the Dell logo screen finishes loading times in a row and on the th boot it will go to automatic recovery mode Sounds like an old Contra code for Nintendo to me but that didn't do anything -Called Dell support but product is not under warranty so they treated me like the ugly girl at the club I appreciate any advice or support on this issue The laptop has always given me issues so I'm going to get something new most important thing at this point is recovering data at least if I cant get it to boot Thank you

A:Dell laptop wont boot to windows after regedit mistake W8

I assume you don't have a Windows recovery disk so if you wish, you can copy the registry from the backup.

Download the ISO (160MB) :Slacko Puppy Linux . Click one of the link shown on screen shot #1 item #1.Create a bootable USB Using Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy wayBoot from USB, the screen should look like the screen shot. From the bottom left of screenshot #1 item #2. The HDs mounted as sda1, sda2 ... and one of these is your C: Drive.Open 2 instants of your C drive as shown in screenshot #2:
- Manouver to /mnt/sda#/Windows/System32/config/regback on the 1st Windows
- Manouver to /mnt/sda#/Windows/System32/config on 2nd WindowsSelect everything in regback folder, drag & drop to config folder ->Copy, answer Yes to confirmReboot your PC

NOTE: since you made modifications in the BIOS, you need to set back to the way it was.

Good luck !!!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52141-dell-laptop-wont-boot-windows-after-regedit-mistake-w8.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys I am boot Windows Windows dual 8 Black up. 8 installed, Screen! boot won't having an issue when installing the consumer preview So I downloaded the W iso off of Microsoft's site I burned it to a Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! DVD with GB free of storage I even bought a new set of DVDs Anyways I downloaded the iso I downloaded the USB DVD download tool there I burned my iso to the DVD So I then create a partition on my computer I gave the new partition GB of storage I rebooted my computer pressed F and access the burned DVD So I click custom installation and I install the new OS onto the partition with GB I named it the partition Windows so I wouldn't get confused I clicked it and installed Windows onto it Anyways once it extracts the data and installs all Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! the Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! updates my computer screen goes black for a few seconds Then it load's the fish icon and then goes black It loads nothing and it just stays there I have tried using the startup repair and it cannot fix it I decided to reinstall the OS but format the partition and then install It does the same exact thing Anyways how do I get rid of the black screen Windows won't boot up I allowed a dual boot by the way so I still have windows but I really want to try Windows I followed this guide if anyone was wondering

A:Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen!

I'm having similar issues with Vista and W8. I put W8 on an empty and freshly created partition.
I can get W8 to run but then on every restart or reboot I can not get back to Vista from the "blue dual boot screen". I select Vista as the OS, the laptop goes to the Acer splash screen and then the screen goes black and the HDD light goes off completely. And that's it. Have to do a forced shutdown holding power button and then on next reboot it will go to Vista.
Fortunately I have full Acronis disk images so I can just revert back to before all this but like you I really want to try W8.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4556-windows-8-dual-boot-installed-windows-8-wont-boot-up-black-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys.

So I am getting this error (Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The disk may fail soon) when I am trying to re-install Windows on my pc.

I have tried running UbuntU to check for errors on my HD but it seems to just freeze up everytime I try to run it. And i tried to run the WD Diag504.iso for my WD20EARS HD but its telling my I need and earlier version or some crap, but I know that I have the correct version.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as ive been pulling my hair out for about 3 days now trying to figure out whats going on. It just seems to be one problem after another. Just lucky i have a spare laptop to access the internet for info.

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail soon?

Sounds to me like the hard drive is failing. If it's under warranty, contact WD and get a replacement.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/228797-windows-cannot-installed-disk-disk-may-fail-soon.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone I have an issue downgrading from windows 8 to windows 7

My laptop doesn't have dvd-rom so I'm installing from USB stick.
I put windows 7 files following this tutorial USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

Then I went to UEFI and disabled boot secure. After I enter installation it doesn't let me choose disk where to install windows files. It says Windows cannot be installed to disk...

I have formatted partition 4 so I'm not able to boot windows 8 now...
Any suggestions?

A:Can't install windows 7 (Windows cannot be installed to disk)

All data on internal harddisk may be deleted?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/299624-cant-install-windows-7-windows-cannot-installed-disk.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a new laptop pre-installed with Windows 10 on a primary m.2 disk.
It also has an HDD that I divided into partitions.

Now I have an old laptop that has Windows 7 that holds programs and files that I left behind. I want those programs accessible in a Windows 7 environment. Therefore, I cloned my Windows 7 to a spare partition on my laptop's HDD. Right now, I have Windows 10 on primary SSD and cloned Windows 7 on a partition of secondary HDD.

However, the problem is that, while the disk cloning process went successfully, it's not bootable. So my question is: how do I make the disk with Windows 7 bootable?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57645-dual-boot-setup-pre-installed-windows-10-cloned-windows-7dows.html
Relevancy 63.21%

This happen after when i ignored a AVG update as im working in middle of spreadsheet which need to be done in this week and when i tried to copy and paste and the laptop were freeze and wont let me able do anything so i press "off" button to shut thing quick rather as i set my off button to hibernation mode.

When i turn on, The acer logo show then blank page. Tried pressig F8 to go Last Known Good Config and still the blank page. Also with Safe Mode. Blank page!!!

I perfer if you can change your method if i need to insert CD as it's netbook and it dont have CD drive and also i have blank USB ready to add for booting.

Thanks for any help in advance

Relevancy 63.21%

What in the hell is going in here? I right click and uninstall, they go away but the icon comes back. If I click on them they don't even open. Anyway to get these to go away? They are just annoying to look at. I've ran all the powershell commands I can find that relate to this.

Any ideas?

A:Windows 10 pre-installed games wont go away

Its not your OS anymore. Deal with it.

https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-10-pre-installed-games-wont-go-away.1909741/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello there,
basically, i cannot load into windows when i attach my third hard drive to the computer, I have disabled automatic startup via the command prompt, but it still will not boot,
My main hard drives are 2x Western Digital Blue 1TB in RAID 0
and the hard drive that fails to work with the blues is a Western Digital Cavier Green 1TB

**NOTE**

Windows is update to date, as is the BIOS, and all settings are default for now. I have been able to access this hard drive before until one day it decided it needed to scan the drive for errors on Bootup and begun and endless loop of repairs and after 18 hours i decided to unplug it.
no windows files are on the Cavier green, except personal files which i would like to retrieve!!!

I hope someone can help me, as this is quite frustrating

Thankyou in advanced

A:Windows 8.1 Wont Load into O.S After Third HDD Installed

I have been able to access this hard drive before until one day it decided it needed to scan the drive for errors on Bootup and begun and endless loop of repairs and after 18 hours i decided to unplug it.

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/35888-windows-8-1-wont-load-into-o-s-after-third-hdd-installed.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have looked all over for info on what will happen if I try to install windows on a new partition for a lenovo laptop that already has windows installed and this does not seem to be a common scenario nbsp TLDR I want to install windows side by side with Windows that is already installed but what I read HERE nbsp made me worried that installing windows on a windows box was not going to on a has windows boot windows dual 7 Installing machine installed that 10 already be the same as installing windows on a windows box I was going to do it from windows by mounting an iso but I could also just do it from a usb boot whatever is Installing windows 7 dual boot on a machine that already has windows 10 installed the easiest nbsp Warning You must install the older operating system first and then install the more recent operating system If you don't for example if you install Windows Vista on a computer already running Windows you can render your system inoperable This can happen because earlier versions of Windows don't recognize the startup files used in more recent versions of Windows and can overwrite them Can anyone advise as to whether or not this is a true danger or if there is a way to get around the problem This is a work machine which is why I want to do this over the weekend because I can't afford to be offline during the week testing this kind of thing nbsp Thanks for the help Luke Reasons for doing this nbsp I am a developer and my new laptop came with Windows I tried in the beginning to get some of the pre-installed bloatware removed with mixed luck tried several different reset scenarios none of them quite did it I manually uninstalled what I could but the machine has never run well despite having reasonably good specs gen i SSD gigs of ram it doesn't run as well as the year old dell of similar specs that it replaced after dying It comes out of sleep slowly and gets bogged down by visual studio and a lot of my other tools I have gone through a lot of tweak guides and disabled unused settings and spent a fair amount of time on nbsp Long story short I have a feeling a fresh install of windows will run fine on this hardware and I really don't want or need any of the features of Windows which I don't hate it just doesn't have any benefits for me especially on my developer machine and I want to install windows to see if it works better nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f4e7dfe7-60c2-4e76-a362-efab9999a47b/installing-windows-7-dual-boot-on-a-machine-that-already-has-windows-10-installed?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 63.21%

How do I do this? I tried following a tutorial in the tutorial section, but the option to delete volume in grayed out.

A:Remove Windows 10 from dual boot with Windows 7, Win10 installed first

It`s grayed out because it`s the Active partition and has the system files on it, if you were to delete it then Windows 7 would not boot anymore.

The Windows 7 partition must be made Active and the System files have to be written there before you can delete Windows 10.

The proper thing to do is backup your files, wipe out the entire drive and reinstall windows 7

Partition - Mark as Active

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401647-remove-windows-10-dual-boot-windows-7-win10-installed-first.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everyone I m hoping someone can Update Vista! installed, into Windows boot can't now Windows I Automatic help me out Automatic Windows Update installed, now I can't boot into Windows Vista! with this situation I ve scoured the internet for answers but with no luck so far On I replaced some faulty memory in a laptop that I had not used for ages Due to the fact that I had not used the laptop in a while there were many windows updates that needed installing over Due to the system restarting rebooting to install these updates many system restore points were created Unfortunately after installing one automatic update I restarted but was then unable to boot back into Windows Due to installing uninstalling soooo many updates software a fully-functioning restore point that would have been available was no longer available Since then I have tried running startup repair numerous times with no success startup repair recognises that there is any error but does not what it is and also the repair your computer option with a Windows Vista recovery disk neither have repaired the problem Unfortunately I am unable to login to Windows in any shape or form safe mode won t boot either so I am unable to remove this update With Windows XP I know it is possible to view installed updates and uninstall updates via the command prompt in the recovery environment is this possible with Vista I can t seem to find exactly where the update files are stored in the Windows directory somewhere in C windows softwaredistribution and if yes can you view the dates the updates were installed and what command-line would you need to use to uninstall them Sorry for the long-windedness of the post I hope someone can help as I really want to avoid a re-installation of Windows seeing that it was a Windows Update that caused this problem in the first place Thanks Chris nbsp

A:Automatic Windows Update installed, now I can't boot into Windows Vista!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-windows-update-installed-now-i-cant-boot-into-windows-vista.1044172/
Relevancy 63.21%

I installed Windows 8 RP on my laptop on another partition but my Windows 7 in C:/ got lost. How do I install it again?

A:HELP! Installed Windows 8 (dual boot) but lost Windows 7 Basic

My dual boot works, Win7Ultimate64 on C and Win8Enterprise64 on D, I just hope you did a system image or back up before installation, not unless you are sure of what you are doing.. Before Win8 installs it will ask you the location where you will have it installed, if Win7 really got lost maybe you mixed up the installation.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/8140-help-installed-windows-8-dual-boot-but-lost-windows-7-basic.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Dual boot XP with windows 7 on 2 Harddrives - (Windows 7 already installed)

I've read that i should install XP first. But I already have windows 7 installed and dont want to wipe that drive clean and reinstall.

Is this possilbe? To add a new sata hard drive and install xp 32bit to an existing PC running Win7 64 bit. With having a boot option at start up?

A:Solved: Dual boot XP with windows 7 on 2 Harddrives - (Windows 7 already installed)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dual-boot-xp-with-windows-7-on-2-harddrives-windows-7-already-installed.902342/
Relevancy 63.21%

MALWARE issues I was having trouble staying in SAFEMODE to try to do some cleanup on my Laptop The malware prevented my getting into safe mode and would cause the pc to just reboot normally Because of this I went into the msconfig gt system config utility gt boot ini gt then placed a check in the safemode box I rebooted Now its worse because it is now stuck with the BLACK screen safe mode choices But It still wont go into safe mode and wont even reboot normally to reg windows mode It trys to reboot on its own after a countdown of seconds But a blue screen quickly flashes once Then it tries to reboot over and over again no matter which option I pick last known config safe mode networking safe mode safe with command etc it just tries to reboot over and over again like a broken record I can get into phoenix BIOS by pushing F or F I think but I dont know what I can do there At this point i just want my pc to be able to boot normally into Window and I will see what I can do Laptop mode- reg into boot or mode safe HELP! My Windows do wont in reg windows mode as far as cleaning the malware off my pc Please help in easy terms Thanks for your help in advance PS Windows Home edition OEM sp IE -HP pavillion laptop-I have the original sealed discs that came with my or so year old Laptop I just need to be walked step by step if I need to boot from them I dont want to have to wipe everything out or have to do a HELP! My Laptop wont do safe mode or boot into reg Windows mode- fresh install if I can at all avoid this Sorry for the hassle My original main goal was to do cleanup in safe mode Once I can get into the system config utility area and UNCHECK the box in boot ini for safemode I may have to repost about getting into safe mode

A:HELP! My Laptop wont do safe mode or boot into reg Windows mode-

Hello and welcome. I am moving this from XP to the Am I Infected forum for scans.Lets do these from normal.Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop. alternate download linkSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser! Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator. Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from

here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Check Push the Start button.ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the butt... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278772/help-my-laptop-wont-do-safe-mode-or-boot-into-reg-windows-mode/
Relevancy 63.21%

as stated in the title, the laptop will not boot windows. every now and then it will try to. it will work its way passed the gateway splash screen and the screen will go black with the white dot progress indicator in the middle of the screen and there it will stay till you turn off the computer. however there are times that it doesnt even make it off the splash page.

the lap top is not mine so i do not know any of the specs of it off hand the casing does not have a model name/number. i do know it is running windows 8.1 and that this issue occurred after waking the laptop up from hibernate. i know this is not much to go off of but any help regarding this issue would greatly help me out. thank you.

-kelbec

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52387-gateway-laptop-wont-boot-windows-8-after-gateway-logo.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all First off thanx for taking the time to read this post I am having this cannot disk Windows be to installed trouble with a clean install of windows I d l'ed an iso image of windows prem from off the web and burned it to a dvd I then set my bios to load from cd dvd and then went through the windows install process till you get to the partition part of it I previously had Windows cannot be installed to this disk disk partitions on my hdd which I deleted hoping that they would get rid of the corrupted copy of windows I had installed after deleting the partitons I restarted my comp as it was running at an ungodly slow pace when I then got back to the part where it asks where you would like to install windows there is now a message at the bottom of the page saying that I am not able to install windows to this disk the exact message is quot Windows cannot Windows cannot be installed to this disk be installed to this disk This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk Ensure that this disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu quot I read in a post online that I should try and format a part of this unallocated space but when I try and do that I get another error which says quot error x quot not really sure what to do about this I have also tried to change my bios setting regarding the control mode to AHCI not really what this does but I changed it as I have seen other people posting it and saying it will help Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated and if you need any further information plz feel free to ask

A:Windows cannot be installed to this disk

That error code normally appears when the integrity of the installation is not complete.

Quote: Originally Posted by jeagers

I d/l'ed an iso image of windows 7 prem. from off the web and burned it to a dvd.

Where did you receive this image from? Did it fully download? I must insist that this site does not support nor allow any illegal material.

Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010

No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

For a full list of the forum rules please visit this link - Windows 7 Help Forums - Forum Rules

A previous thread with the same error (This may help) - Install Windows Error code: 0x80070017

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/296915-windows-cannot-installed-disk.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have got part way through the installation process and I received this message ..
"Windows 10 cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GP disks."
This is a new install onto a new laptop with only FreeDos.
Can anyone tell me how to get past this message.
Many thanks

A:Windows 10 cannot be installed to this disk

The correct way to install 10 is on GPT.

At the partition screen of windows setup hold down Shift+F10

Type the following -

diskpart (this will take 3-10 seconds to load)

DISKPART>select disk 0
DISKPART>clean
DISKPART>convert gpt
DISKPART>exit

X:\System32>exit

That will take you back to the partition screen of windows setup, then click refresh and then click Next.

If you get another error saying it can't find a partition, you most likely tried to format and label the partition yourself in diskpart cmd line, simply delete the partition using the GUI and click next.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-cannot-be-installed-to-this-disk.1162307/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have got part way through the installation process and I received this message ..

"Windows 10 cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GP disks."

This is a new install onto a new laptop with only FreeDos.

Can anyone tell me how to get past this message.

Many thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-cannot-be-installed-to-this-disk-1075442.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I purchased a new Seagate GB be this disk Windows installed to cannot SSD to install Windows bit on I am unable to do so getting the message quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk Windows cannot be installed to this disk The computer's hardware may not support booting top this disk Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu quot I have the BIOS set to AHCI and the SSD is the only drive in the machine I tried partitioning and formatting and making the partition active in my Windows bit installation but still no success I cleaned the disk with diskpart then attempted again As soon as I get to the page with the drive listed windows shows the exclamation point and says quot Windows cannot be installed on this drive quot I loaded Intel R ICH R SATA AHCI Controller from Intel the download refreshed but still the same I also tried the drivers from the ASUS site slightly different filename same result As a point that I don't understand but may be relevant Windows cannot be installed to this disk Windows loses the drive then reacquires it over and over I have watched it in BIOS and it seems to be stable there I also have a Windows installation and the drive is stable there also

Create the partition with diskpart and mark it as active like this

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/323439-windows-cannot-installed-disk.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi be disk this cannot Windows to installed all I would like to replace the internal hard disk of my laptop with another hard drive SATA So Windows cannot be installed to this disk before replacing I am trying to install windows onto it as an external hard drive but the installation doesn't proceed I am trying to install windows from the executable file quot setup exe quot but not from CD or DVD I don't think this will much matter When I connect the new HDD to my laptop via USB and I chose the new HDD as a destination I have the following error message quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk Setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks connected through a USB or IEEE port Windows cannot be installed to this disk This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu quot Any clue to solve this issue and properly install windows to the new HDD Thank you in advance

(I would prefer that my post stay in the general section as nobody may see it here!).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/290355-windows-cannot-installed-disk.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have Dell Inspiron N5110 i7 and with 8Gb RAM and I have replace DVD drive with SSD disk in caddy,
and that this is working fine ( when formatting I can copy files), also I have selected AHCI for SATA controller in BIOS.
After that my plan is to put Win7 on SSD disk. So I have make one USB flash with win7 installation from iso file.

Then during installation when I got to point to select SSD disk as disk where OS will be installed I recieve message :

Quote:
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu

What I need to do, I have formatted SSD disn with HTFS, I have leave it blank, I have tried all possibilities.

Do u have some idea/help...

A:Windows 7 cannot be installed to this SSD disk.

Hi there, Welcome to Seven Forums,

So let me just get this straight before we try anything?

You are trying to format your SSD to put Windows 7 as the operating system on it? Is that correct?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273211-windows-7-cannot-installed-ssd-disk.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm refurbishing an old laptop, an Asus X5DC. I have put in an old 20GB HDD which was originally taken from an Xbox 360 in the hope to install Windows 7 on it, to which I am getting the error:

Quote:
Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1. (Show details)

The details are the following:

Quote:
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.

Now, the funny thing is, there is no HDD options in the BIOS, only boot priority and I've already seen the recommendations to switch from SATA to AHCI, but there's no option to. I've recently flashed the latest BIOS, too, hoping to resolve the problem.

I have tried multiple good disks but it's not working, I'm not sure what setting is wrong in the BIOS. I have attached the logs from the setup, too.

A:Windows cannot be installed to disk 0

Test the hard drive with the maker's diagnostics from the Troubleshooting tutorial in my signature picture below.
If it passes diagnostics then start at the top of the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums .
If you get the error again, run a Full Disk Check from the installer's Command Line on the full-disk partition you created using Diskpart in the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334611-windows-cannot-installed-disk-0-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I've got a problem I tried to install win but my laptop has UEFI BIOS so I made my USB bootable as ept for uefi bios according to rufus' tutorial I also had to disable uefi boot mode in bios or something like that I booted windows installation from usb and I formatted my only partition there are only left system and samsung rec partitions and it said quot on efi system windows can only be installed to gpt disks cannot this windows installed disk on be quot and windows cannot be installed on this disk I can't click on next button Please windows cannot be installed on this disk help me what should I do I am a total noob so I'm going to need as simpler as possible tutorial I wanted to install win and I formatted the disk now I can't start it and can't install the windows Please help me I get the message quot windows cannot be installed on this disk the selected disk had MBR partition table on EFI systems windows can only be installed to GPT disk quot and btw I had to disable in BIOS to boot UEFI or something like that Is there any way to install windows now or change my disk to GPT disk Please help

A:windows cannot be installed on this disk

I think Greg's post here applies to you as well: Unable to boot into Install USB

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/341706-windows-cannot-installed-disk.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello guys So I had windows Home Premium bit to Windows installed disk... cannot this be on my Lenovo G The laptop was seriously overheating and I realised I needed to change the thermal paste I changed it and as usual disconnected my hard drive to check for dust It was clean and I carefully returned it to its slot there is only slot for hard drives on my laptop Then I decided to install Windows to make a clean start and since it was the most stable OS to me Windows would go to hell days after installation Windows would throw poop at me from the start The whole procedure was painfully slow but I actually managed to select Custom Install but instead of saying quot There is already another Windows do you want to move those Windows cannot be installed to this disk... files into windows Windows cannot be installed to this disk... old quot it just started the installation and froze at I canceled the installation it said it restored previous settings and I rebooted However it didn't want to boot into the OS So I popped the windows installation disk back in and this time everything was faster but when I chose Custom install all the partitions were gone and there was only quot Drive Unallocated space quot I selected it but I got the quot windows cannot be installed to this disk ensure that the disk's controller is enabled quot and said that I needed to check the BIOS controller come thing like that I wentninto BIOS and here are the pictures of what I see in it I did try Restoring Settings to default too Also here is the exact error I get when trying to install any windows

A:Windows cannot be installed to this disk...

You have UEFI boot enabled. I'll bet your hard drive is not formatted for GPT (GUID Partition Table) or lost partition table during your first install attempt, but if you want to use UEFI you must use a GPT formatted drive.

Try disabling UEFI and see if Windows will install Or create a UEFI bootable install disk (USB stick) for Windows8.1. See this UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/375186-windows-cannot-installed-disk.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys!

First time posting!

So i have tried to do a fresh install of a Sony Vaio laptop for my brothers girlfriend. now when i try to install the new windows (windows 7 32-bit) it says Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu

Thanks for the help guys

Cheers,

QuiKGun

Thanks for the help guysClick to expand...

You're welcome; but I don't understand what help has been given.

I'm guessing that you would like us to make some assumptions and then give some advice based on the assumptions? If so, my assumptions are that the laptop had Windows 98 preinstalled and the hard drive is too small for Windows 7 and there are no drivers for Windows 7 for the PC anyhow. If my assumptions are correct I suggest Puppy Linus or reinstall Windows 98.

By the way, how/when/where did you get the "new windows"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-be-installed-to-this-disk.1132734/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi. I think many have posted this. I even tried many of the solutions. But nothing helps. I always get this error when installing windows 7 on a clean formatted hardrive- 'Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The computers bios may not support booting to this disk. Ensure this disks controller is enabled in the bios menu.'

PLEASE HELP

Do you have UEFI, BIOS, a combination of UEFI/Legacy? What Windows 7 disk? Microsoft [blue-disk], OEM, rescue disk? Wiser techs than I will be asking you for details. Stay tuned. And, how did you clean-format this particular hard-drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/357947-windows-cannot-installed-disk.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am trying to install Win to this disk installed Windows be cannot -bit to a Toshiba Satellite A -S latptop The hard drive is a new bare metal GB Western Digital RPM I have tried booting using standard Win OEM dvd an upgrade OEM and a Toshiba Win upgrade I have used these disks numerable times in the past in other installations without a problem When the quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk quot message is clicked on it says quot This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk Ensure that the disk controller is enabled in the BIOS quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk I have chosen Set to default setup in the BIOS which gives AHCI as default and tried the Compatibility setting as well as the AHCI I have tried manually creating partitions under Custom setup The drive shows up in the BIOS I have tried other hard drives with same result I have also tried using external DVD drive in addition to the internal dvd drive that has never failed me in the past The original problem with this machine was that when booting it would go directly to attempt to repair Windows which would fail Could not start in safe mode either I'm a tech with many years experience and I'm at a loss Feel free to embarrass me with a solution I'd be grateful I'd also like to know if you don't have an answer either Thanks

There could be something wrong with the disk controller. There are disk controller diagnostic tools on the web. You would have to find one that applies to your system and can be run off a cd or stick.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/312661-windows-cannot-installed-disk.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello thereI bought a dell laptop from singapore on 22 June 2015 with genuine windows 8.1 preinstalled.now it is giving me a message saying that i have to activate windows and that my windows will expire on 4th november.however when I do so....there is no activation happening automatically. They are asking the key which I dont have it.i contacted singapore office and they asked me to scan using command prompt by giving the command as, sfc/scannowit says there is no violation..but the activation message kept popping up.and now they directed me to Bangladesh dealer as am using the laptop in dhaka.could u please help me......it says my windows will expire on 4th novemberregards
Sontosh

A:How do I activate windows on a Dell laptop which came with pre installed genuine windows 8.

It is possible  you have a pirated copy of Windows. Computers with a factory installed legal copy of Windows do not need to be activated. The activation code for Windows 8 is located in the system BIOS and is read automatically. You can check the code by using one of the utilities that will extract it from the BIOS. If there is a code, contact Microsoft and ask them if the code is valid.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19658436
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello TenForums I run Linux Mint on one SSD and Windows on another Linux Mint SSD is on SATA Windows SSD is on SATA GB empty drive on SATA I upgraded Windows to Windows and after getting it all set up and pretty I decided to reboot and use Linux for the rest of the night Well with my Windows Drive Connected I tried booting into Linux but received the error quot Cannot mount drive mnt sdb quot So I booted back into Windows and everything Windows-wise was cool Here comes my screw up Fast forward to today roughly days later I tried fixing my Linux Partition by unplugging the Windows Drive since that would be the sdb drive and received the error quot The Disk Drive for UUID amp lt Drive Name Here gt is not ready yet or not present quot Using a LiveUSB I tried mounting and using chroot to try and fix grub but to no avail I also tried reinstalling Linux Mint while keeping my home partition but with no success either So I decided to install another SSD that I wanted to add for games amp amp misc files since it was bigger I Windows 10. 10 Windows Installed Linux Mint. Now can't or boot So I opened up my computer reorganized a bit and put all of the SSDs in in the config at the start Installed Windows 10. Now I can't boot Windows 10 or Linux Mint. of my post and connected all the power SATA cables I had previously read that Windows gets really pissy if you make any changes to hardware Well here comes the confusing part When only the Linux drive is connected I get the quot Disk Drive UUID quot error When booting into Linux with the Linux Drive amp amp Windows Drive Connected I get the quot Cannot mount Drive mnt sdb quot error When Booting into Windows WITHOUT the Linux Drive Connected I get the BSOD error quot A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed xc quot When booting into Windows WITH the Linux Drive connected Windows works just fine My hypothesis Windows always wants to be first When I upgraded to Windows since my Linux Drive was in the st SATA slot I think it bound the Windows Boot Manager amp amp other Windows start up necessities to it as well By doing this it changed the UUID of my or boot partition so grub doesn't know where to look when booting My concern is that I'm not sure how to separate these and to get them both to work I was saving up for a backup drive so I don't have any backups luckily this is for games I'm only worried about some read-only files on my Linux Drive I do not have any physical media for Windows and would rather create a VM and attempt GPU passthrough than install Windows SP from scratch and do all those damned updates I'd prefer not to have to reinstall any OS but I'll do it if we cannot find a solution to these two problems Please ask my any questions you may have and I'll try to get back to you ASAP I have finals for school tomorrow so this is really just a massive inconvenience Thankfully all my school work is on a laptop or synced to Dropbox Thanks I don't find it necessary but to save anyone the trouble of asking here are my parts CPU Intel i - k GPU Gigagyte WindForce GTX RAM GB G Skill x GB MOBO MSI Z S SLI Krait Edition PSU Seasonic G-Series W SSD x Samsung EVO GB x Samsung EVO GB

A:Installed Windows 10. Now I can't boot Windows 10 or Linux Mint.

With the configuration that you can boot Windows 10 from, we need a full screenshot of disk management with the columns expanded so we can see all the information in them:
Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/51181-installed-windows-10-now-i-cant-boot-windows-10-linux-mint.html
Relevancy 62.35%

can I dual boot windows vista on a pre-installed windows 8.1

Samsung notebook model: NP300E5C-A08SA

A:dual boot windows vista on a pre-installed windows 8.1

yes you can, as long as it is on it's own partition or disk

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/64551-dual-boot-windows-vista-pre-installed-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey all First time posting so would Windows load! 7600GT wont and installed be grateful of some help with this hugely annoying problem I recently purchased a Leadtek GT MB AGP card to replace my le and now with the new card having been installed Windows 7600GT installed and Windows wont load! wont load System specs are Asus A v-deluxe motherboard latest BIOS updated in attempt to fix this prob Athlon Windows XP Home x mb DDR RAM GB 7600GT installed and Windows wont load! HD w PSU Sony DVD-R W Onboard sound - AC 7600GT installed and Windows wont load! After the new card has been isntalled the first screen gives a one-line description of the gfx card and counts up the RAM on the card MB After this the BIOS loads up as normal and does its system checks which usually are all ok When it gets to the point where the Windows XP screen usually appears with the blue loading bar the screen just goes black and the computer resets itself and continues on this loop if I don t intervene Sometimes the BIOS will also throw me a CPU Fan error even though the fan seems fine or a failed overclocking error even though I haven t changed anything other than put in the new card If I put the old card back in the le then everything works perfectly I ve tested the new card in another computer and it works fine so something must be wrong with my system I ve tried installing the latest motherboard BIOS uninstalling video card drivers before putting in new card installing new video card drivers before installing card unplugging power connectors from some other devices to see if there wasn t enough power getting through this was a long-shot since all I really have is the hard drive dvd drive and floppy drive I ve also tried loading Windows in Safe Mode which still gives me the black screen only the computer wont reset itself and nothing happens at all - same result with loading windows in debug mode I ve also changed some BIOS settings such as disabling AGP Fast Write and lowering the AGP speed to x and still no luck I m out of ideas and wondered if anyone might be able to offer some suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:7600GT installed and Windows wont load!

Well I gave up and just re-installed windows which fixed the problem. Something must have been wrong with whatever settings Windows loads up prior to the loading screen so I've no idea what was up but at least its fixed and is a pretty huge step-up from the 6800le.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/7600gt-installed-and-windows-wont-load.90736/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just ordered some new parts from newegg to upgrade my computer as it was starting to get out of date, I ordered A new mobo, 4gigs of RAM and a AMD, after installing everything and plugging all back in I thought it was going to work fine when I saw windows loading & etc. Soon after, the windows load screen just stops and it fails to load. What could be the issue?

Nothing was DoA, and I made sure all the new parts were compatible, Windows has tried to do something to correct the problem, but even it doesn't know what the issue is.

I didnt touch the hard drive or any other drives either when installing aside from unplugging and re plugging into the new motherboard.

Any ideas?

A:Just Installed New Parts and now windows wont start!

You can't really change out a motherboard on windows. It /sometimes/ works but sometimes not. You just completely changed every piece of hardware out from under every installed driver. ESPECIALLY if you went from Intel to AMD.

You should be able to boot off the Windows disk and do a repair install though, that'll redetect all the hardware properly and reinstall all the drivers...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99118-just-installed-new-parts-now-windows-wont-start.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello, I've a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop which has Vista on it.

Windows will not boot past the main screen, it ends up restarting over and over.

I attempted to install Windows 7 on the drive without doing a clean install. The Installation hung at "Completing Installation"

I installed from a flash drive because for some reason this laptop wont install from the cd rom drive.

I need to salvage many important business related files from the laptop and don't want to do a clean install unless absolutely necessary.

Is it possible to salvage the files from this laptop? I cant boot into it, no safe mode, nor standard boot. Nor can I seem to be able to 'over write' or 'set aside' vista and install windows 7

Please Help

A:Windows wont boot and Windows wont install

You can put the drive into an external enclosure and try it that way.

Have you done any hardware diagnostics?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441044/windows-wont-boot-and-windows-wont-install/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice, my girlfriend has recently got a new laptop and unfortunately she doesn't like it, despite me loving Windows 8.1.
She would like to try Windows 8 but is going back to Uni soon so would like Windows 7 as a back-up dual booted.

I've shrunk the partition and created a simple partition for Windows 7 but really unsure about Installing Windows 7 on a Windows 8 Laptop, it's an ASUS X550CA-XX417H. I've checked power shell with SecureBootUEFI and result is True.

What would be the best way to dual boot?

Cheers,
Ben

A:Dual Booting Windows 7 with pre-installed Windows 8 Laptop

As this a OEM manufacturer's PC with Pre-installed Windows 8?

1) Downgrade to Windows 7.
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
Warning you must have the UEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

Make sure you read the NOTE at Step three.

2) If Using a USB Pen drive on a PC with a UEFI BIOS.
USB Pen drive need to be formatted to FAT32 as in
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
Take note of Step 11 for Windows 7.
Also you will need to use a USB 2.0 port, as there are no USB 3.0 drivers in Windows 7.

You will need to buy Windows 7.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/37995-dual-booting-windows-7-pre-installed-windows-8-laptop.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello good people I need some urgent help with Windows Home Premium SP Bit installation process on my 1 Disk Windows 0 Partition be to cannot installed brand new ASUS A TA laptop that came with Free Dos I managed to boot the Windows disc and everything goes fine until this very point Where do you want to install Windows Name Total size Free Space Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1 Type Disk Partition FD BETA SR GB Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1 GB System Disk Partition GB GB Primary Error Windows cannot be installed to Disk Partition Show details Details Windows cannot be installed to this disk The selected disk has an MBR partition table On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GTP disks Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS Now what should I do Should I install on partition of just GB would that be enough in the long run and would I be able to use the other partition for my work in Windows I want to do the right thing here and not make a mistake such as formatting the wrong or choosing the wrong partition Also I have no clue where my Free Dos is stored and don't wanna make a mess by doing the wrong thing Should I go with install on Partition Also among the options I have Refresh Delete Format New Load Driver Extend Would it be safe to format Partition and make it NTFS Many thanks for Your thoughts and responses

A:Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1

Delete both those partitions, then try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/188178-windows-cannot-installed-disk-0-partition-1-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

i have a sony PCVRS220. i replaced the original HD with a 1tb WD caviar black. i am installing win7 and i am up to the "where do you want to install win7" screen. but i get a message "Windows cannot be installed to disk 0 partition 1."

any help? thanks

edit: i am using a sata to pata adapter

edit2:
Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC. Model KIRIN-V Version REV 1.xx

BIOS Vendor Award Software, Inc. Serial Number 28000230-3016793 BIOS Version ACPI BIOS Revision 1001 Firmware Version 97.114 BIOS Date 01/08/2003

A:Windows cannot be installed to disk 0 partition 1

Quote: Originally Posted by balla123

i have a sony PCVRS220. i replaced the original HD with a 1tb WD caviar black. i am installing win7 and i am up to the "where do you want to install win7" screen. but i get a message "Windows cannot be installed to disk 0 partition 1."

any help? thanks

Does it give you an option to format the new HD ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/105754-windows-cannot-installed-disk-0-partition-1-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I reinstalled Windows 7 a couple of months ago. I have a laptop whose storage consists of a 32GB SSD and a 500GB HDD. I thought that I had installed Windows to the HDD and was using Intel Rapid Storage Technology (see this thread), but in fact I just installed Windows to the SSD, so I have very little storage. I just noticed this today, when I went to download some songs on iTunes, and my disk was too full to do so. If I try to wipe my disk and start again, I will end up destroying my Linux installation, which I've put much more time into than Windows. Is it possible to somehow copy my Windows install to the correct disk without destroying and reinstalling? I'm afraid if I try to reinstall Windows I'll end up killing my Linux install by accident since I'd be installing Windows to the same drive as Linux. Thanks!

A:Installed Windows to wrong disk

The whole idea, to me, is that installing Windows on the SSD makes things faster than using an HDD. And Yes, it will be easy to break your dual-boot setup. I'd think what you need do is redirect where your downloads go, several ways to do that, one would be to move your iTunes music to a Folder on the HDD then on the download screen direct it to that Folder. Maybe uninstalling iTunes then reinstalling on the HDD would work. Most programs have an Options or Preferences for setting the location for saving their data files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/343192-installed-windows-wrong-disk.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I know there are tons of threads on this but as of yet none of them have helped Trying to do a clean install on a Sony VAIO laptop PCG- installed 1 be Disk Windows 0 cannot Partition to l or something close to that Where do you want to install windows I have Disk Partition with a total size of and free space of GB Type is primary Error message below says quot Windows cannot be installed to Disk Partition show details quot The details are quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk The computer s hardware may not support booting to this disk Ensure the disk s controller is enabled in the computer s BIOS quot Well that s the fun part of the SONY VAIO - you can t do squat in the BIOS except change the date time and boot order but I read that the VAIO will detect and setup everything automatically So I Can t do any ACHI IDE Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1 changes So if I just click on next I just get an error message of quot Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition See the Setup log files for more information quot I have deleted formatted created new partitions and restarted the computer times Nothing is getting me anywhere Oh and I had to create a bootable USB from the windows ISO to USB DVD program I have gotten this to work just fine before with the same hard Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1 drive which was working just fine an hour ago Thanks all nbsp

ummm, ok

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-be-installed-to-disk-0-partition-1.1079732/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys need your help i currently have a hp g - m GHz Intel Pentium Processor T MB L Cache NW UA ABA in which im trying to install windows too My problem is when i try to intall a hard drive to it i get the following error 'Windows cannot be installed to Disk Partition quot ive done many searches and can't find the solution to it when i get to the screen where it says choose Windows 0 1 installed be Disk Partition to cannot which partition to install i choose the hard drive which has gb and Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1 i then format it and make it new and it changes to Primary but it still has that error Oddly i was able to load Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1 windows to this same pc on a gb hard drive with no problem What i have tried was updated Bios to this pc formatted the gb hard drive on another pc i tried a Disk part i don't know where elso to go ive read many searches which say to load a raid driver but this is a laptop with only one hard drive Has anyone run into this problem before Please Help

The drive may have bad clusters on it. Download the ISO image for Drive Fitness in my signature and burn the image with IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD. Run the Quick and Advanced tests. If there are too many bad sectors, you might need to get a new drive.
If the drive comes up clean then download the DOS Boot Disk ISO for [email protected] and burn the image using IMGBurn or use their Image burner, boot off of the newly created CD and do a low level Format. This will take a while so be patient. This will totally wipe the drive of previous installations. then try it again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-cannot-be-installed-to-disk-0-partition-1-a-628017.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Alright, essentially, I need to reformat my computer, but Windows came preinstalled, so I don't have an installation disk. I have an HP Pavillion. How would I go about doing this?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

A:Need to reformat, but windows came pre-installed so i have no disk - what to do?

did you get recovery discs with the HP if you bought it new? if so load the first disk into the CD drive and reboot the pc it should boot from the recovery disk and walk you thru a reinstall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-to-reformat-but-windows-came-pre-installed-so-i-have-no-disk-what-to-do-350843.html
Relevancy 62.35%

This computer s hardware may not support booting to this disk Ensure that the disk s controller is enabled in the computer s BIOS menu System Abit IL Solved: cannot Windows be to disk. this installed Motherboard Pentium D WD Raptor GB SATA I am trying to install Windows from a USB drive I have completely wiped and reformatted my hard Solved: Windows cannot be installed to this disk. drive and now I am getting this message I have searched around and people suggest to just turn on AHCI mode Unfortunately I don t have this option in my BIOS so this is not the fix for me My hard drive definitely shows up in the BIOS so it recognizes it To note I have used the same USB drive Solved: Windows cannot be installed to this disk. to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows in the past I am pretty sure I had a virus hence the reformatting and clean install The only thing I can think of that is different is that I ve been having to use a PLOP CD to boot from my USB drive since I can t get the BIOS to boot from it on its own I have tried using Partition Wizard completely wiped partitions did a deep data destroy etc The only thing I can think of is that I need to force the creation of the MBR on the drive prior to Windows install Does this sound right or no Any help is appreciated I am losing sleep over this nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I am trying to load Windows 7 Pro the are 2 Partitions when i select any of the 2 i get the same massage that
Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1 or 3 depending which i choose i then downloaded Drivers (SATA AHCI Driver)
Into my USB the i got a massage No device drivers where found. then tried to format it goes up to 20% then fails.

Please Help course it seems like i can't Excess my hard drive and the Total Size is the same as the Free Space
Which means the is no operating system available

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/277580-windows-cannot-installed-disk-0-partition-1-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

attempting to instal windows 7 on my ASUS X501A laptop via Bootable USB and it all goes well up until this error message loads.

"windows cannot be installed to this disk. setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks connected through a USB or IEEE 1394 port.

I am not sure what to do now, all other advanced drive options are not working... like to add a new, extend, format etc

Any advice or suggestions will be highly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-cannot-be-installed-to-disk-0-partition-1-a-1046057.html