Windows Support Forum

Randomly disconnecting from WiFi

Q: Randomly disconnecting from WiFi

I couldn't really give a good title to this thread so I'm gonna explain it here thoroughly I've been using my home WiFi to access the internet for like months from this laptop The problem that occurs is that at any random time during the day I get disconnected from WiFi disconnecting Randomly from the network Now that wouldn't present the problem unless the following occurred every time - when I try to reconnect no matter how many times Randomly disconnecting from WiFi I do I always get the 'Can't connect to this network' without any further explanation The annoying solution that I found is to restart the PC every time and it works but sometimes it's really inconvenient because I may be in a middle of some work for which I needed the internet Oh and forgot to mention when I lose the connection every other device connected to the WiFi works normally still connected to the network no problems so I am positive that it's not about the network it's about my computer I hope someone has an answer to this Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Randomly disconnecting from WiFi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Randomly disconnecting from WiFi

"I've been using my home WiFi to access the internet for like 3 months (from this laptop}"

I think we need more information: Is the laptop yours and is it only 3 years old?
--- Is it an older laptop that doesn't have built in W-Fi?
--- Is there an additional wireless router involved?
Does the network adapter driver and/or firmware need to be updated?
Are there any recent incompatible installs/downloads recently such as an "alternate network connector"
Is there anyone else using your home Wi-Fi?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535196/randomly-disconnecting-from-wifi/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hiya all I'm getting random internet disconnections while using my laptop wirelessly It started happening a couple of months Wifi disconnecting keeps randomly ago when I was using my laptop in the uni library Since then when using my laptop wirelessly at various places and at home this has happened Since coming back home for the summer I have changed ISP with no difference the issue is still there whatever ISP router Last week I reset my laptop to factory settings but yet its getting worse if not better What happens is no more links open up and I get a yellow exclamation mark on top of the wifi signal indicator There is still a connection to the router however theres no connection to the web afterwards When this happens I can use Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting my PC with no issues at all Heres a screenshot of what comes up on ipconfig when the issue is there http i imgur com K v AQi png The internet sometimes reconnects itself with no intervention sometimes on a restart but I have to wait - mins I see no light changes on both routers ISP's I tested and during the downtime the laptop isn't shown to be connected contrary to the laptop to the router on the router settings page The laptop is running Windows home premium Lenovo Z I just noticed During when the downtime is active these are the attached devices imgur the simple image sharer However when the wifi is working this is the same screen imgur the simple image sharer My phone never disconnects just my laptop which doesn't seem to like wifi thanks in advance

A:Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL and press enter.

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-705545.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I finally got my T460 today and as I'm installing my apps, the internet connection keeps randomly getting disconnected. I have to press on connect yet the signal is strong Help please

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-randomly/td-p/3327496
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently purchased a new desktop computer which had windows 8 pre-installed. I was somewhat enjoying it (hating everything about the changes from windows 7) and then my wifi would disconnect every few minutes. I used windows update and installed all new updates (which takes a long time with random wifi disconnects) and it still had no help. I went to the website of the wifi driver and downloaded + installed the most recent drivers. The disconnects became slightly less frequent.
My computer is an Acer AME600-EB388.

I have googled around quite a bit trying to find a solution but none would work for me. I have checked the power settings and made sure they weren't set to shut off.
Please help me.

A:Windows 8 wifi randomly disconnecting

Have you tried using a different wireless channel? The 2.4ghz frequency can be very crowded in some areas which can cause frequent disconnects unless a clear channel is used.

The Xirrus WiFi inspector is good for scanning the wireless landscape in your area so as to make an informed choice on which channel to use.

If you can post a screen shot of the Xirrus read out here I can take a look at it.
Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17831-windows-8-wifi-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey,
My desktop is connected to my router via cable. And it randomly gets disconnected from time to time. I've tried re-installing drivers. I get the red X on my network icon in the taskbar, which usually happens when a cable is unplugged. I fixes it self after a minute or 2, its never longer than 1 minute, usually 10-15 seconds, and it happens ever 10-15 minutes.

My wifi works fine, and I have a vonage box connected to my main router which works fine too. It's just my desktop. I've tried different ports, same problem.

I'm heading home in a few hours and I've picked up a new 5 meter cable to check with.

What else could be the problem if the new cable doesn't fix it.

My network adapter is the on baord one on the Asus Maximus Formula.

Thanks.

A:Network randomly disconnecting. Wifi works fine.

Seems to be something wrong within the cable or could be the network card within your pc? Did you try the cable on any other pc or that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269535-network-randomly-disconnecting-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi
To clarify, my laptop Lenovo Y510p is able to connect wifi by it self, but it's wireless card is 802.11n, it only can use 2.4 ghz. So i decide to add a wifi adapter D-link DWA 160,  with updated driver. And every time i use the adapter to wifi, it disable
itself from laptop, also a lot of time it disconnect even i was not using it. when i open the change adapter setting, the adapter go 1) attempting to authenticate 2)enable 3) disable 4) gone for 1 second and back to attempting to authenticate again. The entire
process only need 5 second. And i want it to stop doing that.Please Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f95bd229-2e72-47f2-a60d-52d21b026872/wifi-adapter-keep-disconnecting-when-connected-to-wifi?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

I am running windows vista and am having a nightmare.
Wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting from my o2 broadband router. I have to restart the wireless network adapter to re connect to sort problem out. This keeps happening and as I am not very good on computers I havent a clue whats wrong.
Its so fustrating would be grateful for any help.
I have updated drivers for the wirelesss network adapter but still having same problems.
I have a laptop that connects to the same network with no problems so my network must be ok.
My desktop pc is under 1 year old so I thought that the wireless network adapter should be ok.

A:Randomly disconnecting PLEASE HELP!!

What brand is the laptop? Do you get proper signal strength?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-disconnecting-please-help.846868/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all. I hope this isn't in the wrong section...
My computer recently has begun to disconnect itself from the internet randomly. One time, it did it for an hour and would keep reconnecting but soon after disconnecting again. I've eliminated the chance it was my whole service by asking members of the household if their internet was acting up.

Here's another strange thing that will happen when the problem occurs. Upon shutting down to try and reconnect, my computer will be stuck on the shutdown screen.

I found one minidump from yesterday, but I'm not sure how much of a help it will be. I'll attach it anyway.

Please inform me if there is any other information that you require.

A:Internet Disconnecting Randomly

What is your network adapter? It must be an issue with your adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-randomly.192115/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey Over the past few weeks my internet connection has been randomly disconnecting and I see absolutely no reason for this It happens randomly it seems but I ve been checking the time when it disconnects maybe it s just me but it appears to be disconnecting Randomly Internet Disconnecting at times like or it always seems to be an exact time There is no telling when it will disconnect and how long it will stay disconnected for It comes back up within - minutes usually I ve also been having second disconnects where I crash and am instantly reconnected to Ventrilo Steam Windows Live Messenger and of course I am given full browsing capabilities Also it seems that sometimes it is disconnecting at key moments such as when something important is Internet Randomly Disconnecting happening etc I unplug the modem router just router just modem when it disconnects I have tried all of them None change the outcome it connects at it s own time Now when it disconnects I simply leave and come back later or sit around waiting for it to come back up I have used this same set-up for so long and it is only happening now My ISP says nothing seems to be wrong They can send in a technician to get it checked out but I know it won t do much I want to see if there s something simpler I can do I ve thought of reformatting but it seems that it is my INTERNET as the laptops in the household also cannot access the internet during these times What can I do Please help lt Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Well I've tried to avoid posting to plea for help because I thought I would of been able to target the source of the problem The Problem is of course somewhat common among people My internet at some Disconnecting! Help, Randomly Internet Please point randomly disconnects At times it's stable and fast Some days it does not disconnect at all and some days it disconnects frequently which frustrates me the most because I play MMO's other times I would disconnect out of the blue I've tested to see what problems might this be And I've tried almost all I've looked up and heard of I've tried doing reboots system clean ups downloading Malwarebytes and doing scans disabling the quot Microsoft WI-FI Mini Adapter quot from the device manager tried restarting router modem dozens of times checked the phone line changed Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting! the DNS server yet in the event viewer the DNS client error Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting! event still persists I've done a ton of things in cmd that I cannot even recall because there's been too many efforts in trying to fix it My mother Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting! on the other hand does not have this issue what so ever and kind of refuses to call in support from Comcast to actually find a solution only because she doesn't have the issue herself She did however call for an upgrade on our modem which still has not come I'm really hoping that it will be able to fix the issue but at the same time I still feel that the issue will still continue regardless I'm running out of ideas at this point searched every tech forum and most if not all tech solutions to this problem Of course there's something that can fix this but that I do not know of I'm decent at computer savvy language but to be quite honest I need kind of a step by step solution otherwise I may end up screwing myself over by doing something wrong If any more information is required I'll be happy to provide I just want my internet disconnection free Many Thanks - Entosian

A:Please Help, Internet Randomly Disconnecting!

What is the make and the model of your machine? Have you tried updating the drivers for your wifi or NIC adapter? What anti virus program do you use?

Follow this link. DHCP Event Log Error 1014

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/please-help-internet-randomly-disconnecting-644015.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there!

I recently have come across an issue where my internet randomly disconnects, mostly while on Skype or downloading video games and cannot figure out the issue at all. It usually downloads fine for about 1 minute and then disconnects completely. 0kbps and internet drops on my computer alone.

I'm kinda new to tech forums so if you guys need any information let me know.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, I had this problem a few years ago, which was fixed by buying a new USB wireless dongle.
But if you are using wireless connection to the router, try an ethercable instead and see if the same thing happens.
Are you using a laptop? If so it could be faulty wireless 802.11 board.
If you are using a USB wireless adapter, it could that the pc is turning off the power to the USB ports to 'save power', that can be changed if required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all for the past maybe week or so my internet has been disconnecting from my laptop for no reason The only way I m able to reconnect is to restart my computer or put it on sleep then waking it back up I believe the problem is within my laptop and not the router I ve reset my router and still nothing While I lose connection my brother downstairs is worry free nothing happens to his laptop leading me to think its just me For some reason I tend to believe maybe skype is causing the issue I usually lose connection while I m playing a game with my friends in a skype voice call However I still lose connection if I m not in a voice chat at times I have AVG as a free anti virus and I ve already add skype as an exception as well I did this for my firewall I even tried to update my wireless card driver Everything is already up to date I even uninstalled skype and reinstalled a older version of it I m all out of ideas Please help My laptop is an Acer Aspire Thanks nbsp

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly?

uninstall avg - see how below

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.1095075/
Relevancy 55.9%

Actually i've tried alot of solution to solve the problem .. but as in the title above .. im still facing the same problem ..
the modem router is connecting with the desktop (XP) and my laptop is connecting using wifi .. whenever the desktop is disconnecting , my laptop disconnected also ..
when i try to ping www.google.com.my .. it works fine for a period .. but when the problem is occured, it shows request timed out and a moment later it will shows reply from 192.168.1.1 : destination host unreachable .. and the DSL and internet light will disappear .. this really irritating me for a few days already .. and sorry for the bad english ..

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
My wireless internet keeps die randomly, just the connection dying. The internet stays connected to the router but i have no connection on my computer until i repair the connection to which it works fine again for about another hour.
So i have decided to try and find out why this was happening, which is why i have done the hijackthis scan.
So if anyone would be so kind to see if there is any problems going on here, would be apprieciated.
And if there is any of way of finding out why my connection keeps dying randomly would also be very much apprieciated.

A:Internet randomly disconnecting

Welcome to TechSpot! Hopefully I can give you some guidance.
First, you need to understand that we don't use HijackThis to 'screen' for problems.

About the connection interrupt:
1. If you use a router: Disconnect the power from the router and the modem. Wait about 30 seconds. Then reconnect the power to both. This is known as power cycling If frees up the memory in the router.
2. Check the manufacturer's site of this:
C:\Program Files\TalkTalk\TalkTalk SNU5630NS 05 Wireless USB Adapter Utility\TTUSBBGMonitor.exe
See if there is any firmware update available. If there is, follow the instructions and update the driver.
3. Check the setting you have for this:
O23 - Service: ES lite Service for program management. (ES lite Service) - Unknown owner - Crogram FilesGigabyteEasySaverESSVR.EXE Easy Energy Saver it's a motherboard utility that manage the power of CPU, fan and may others.
Click on start> All Programs> double click on GigabyteEasySaver and check the settings. It might be that it is closing the system down for some reason.
4. If you have checked all the equipment, cable and settings and still have the problem, contact your ISP are report the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-randomly-disconnecting.156080/
Relevancy 55.9%

My router is Netgear WGT624v3 and I'm using Windows XP. My connection has been going much slower than it should and it keeps randomly disconnecting, forcing me to go into Control Panel > Network Connections to reset it multiple times. It keeps disconnecting no matter what I do though. There are other computers connected to the router and mine is much slower than the others. I tried calling up the router company and have them reset everything (on their end, resetting the router does nothing) and it worked fine for about an hour before messing up again. I've reset the router and modem, restarted my computer, tried all of that. The connection works, just theres something wrong with it on my computer only and I can't fix it.

Relevancy 55.9%

This is only happening on my labtop and I am not sure why. It happened all of a sudden with no reason for it at all.
I tried a couple of things but none of them seemed to work. Is their a program where I can show you guys my specs, I'm new at this so help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 55.9%

Alright For the last year or so my internet randomly Internet disconnecting has Internet randomly disconnecting been randomly disconnecting for generally no more than a few seconds at a time Up until recently it s done it for a period of about an hour every five minutes or so It stopped doing Internet randomly disconnecting it completely for a couple of months at summer Internet randomly disconnecting and then started back worse than ever a month or two ago It now does it well all the time It s not my ISP a few weeks ago my internet connection was cut off for a week due to an area problem and I left my wireless router my PC is connected to it wired switched on out of curiosity The quot Sync quot light on it still blinked off for brief periods every now and again as it does during the random drops when I m actually connected to the internet Today I bought a new router however the problem is still occuring I m not given an error message when it occurs the only notification is in the online sync lights on the router going off and in er my lack of ability to access the internet when that happens So in summary it s not my ISP it s not my router and as the problem occurs to devices accessing the network wirelessly as well and the router can be used without anything connected to it wired it s not my PC What exactly could be causing the problem nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

THERE IS NO CORRECT BOARD, SO I SELECT ANYTHING. I have HP ProBook 470 G2.   I find one problem with USB3 ports.  External hard drives disconnecting and reconnecting. They work fine on PC USB3 When I connect the external hard drive to the new laptop throught USB 3.0 port, it gets randomly disconnecting and reconnecting continuously, even when I am not using it. Also happens if I connect to another usb 3.0 port. Also I have observed that If I connect the external hard drive to a USB 2.0 port instead of an USB 3.0 port all work ok, no randomly disconnection and reconnection occurs. It only happens when I connect it to an USB 3.0   Never have such problem on old HP ProBook 4540S laptop.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/USB-3-0-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/td-p/5567723
Relevancy 55.9%

So I've had a new HP Pavilion G6 for several weeks. In the last three days, every few hours it will randomly disconnect, and won't re-connect unless I restart my computer. The other laptop in the house is not having any problems, so I don't think it's the router. I tried re-installing the WiFi driver but it's still doing it.

In my Events Log I notice that before each disconnect there's an unidentified event with the Intel Wireless as a source: "The description for Event ID 5007 from source NETwNe64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

I checked previous threads on random disconnects but they all seem to deal with a connection that disconnects every few minutes, not hours.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Wireless Randomly Disconnecting

Does your VPN require login details? Are you sure these are correct? Have you double checked the address is correct? Did this work on older versions of windows? Are you sure the remote network is still accepting your connection?

If you are 100% sure your settings are correct and it worked on older versions of windows then try connecting again with an older version of windows and comparing the settings.

I have no problem setting up various VPN's in win 8 with all sorts of different settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/18418-wireless-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok, first post here, just need help for this problem. I use a wireless device which connects to my Desktop downstairs, which in turn connects to the router upstairs. All wireless too. So starting about 2 months ago I've been randomly disconnecting when playing games like WoW, and CoH and losing connection on the internet as well. It can't be the router I assume since the laptop upstairs which connects to the same thing never disconnects. I have a D-Link router and a D-link gaming router which connects to the PC. Any help?

A:Network randomly disconnecting

whats your average level of connectivity (ie strong / weak / 1, 2 or 3 bars)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-randomly-disconnecting-334934.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a belkin n router and every so often my roommates and i get disconnected from the internet. Now when I look at the router, the wireless signal goes off, the modem light flashes and then after awhile, everything goes back to normal. I have comcast internet. We then bought a new modem, didn't fix anything, bought a linksys cisco router, and that kept disconnecting more frequently.

we also changed the channel of our broadcast, have wpa activated, power cycled both modem and router before but didn't solve anything

now is the problem comcast? or is our luck really bad with the two routers we bought? or can it be something else.

thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

Recently the Internet Day the Randomly Disconnecting During internet on my computer started acting up I have noticed a pattern with this and it seems that it only happens during the day and I never experience it at all during the night This leads me to believe it s not any type of hardware failure Anyway I m using windows XP and have a Netgear WGT v router My connection is wired and none of the other computers on the network have any problem connecting when my connection goes down The only solutions I have found to the problem are restarting the computer or going to Control panel then network connections and right clicking Local Area Connection and pressing repair After doing one of those things to temporarily fix it not too long after the connection will start disconnecting again Also the Local Area Connection status is Connected whenever I look at it when this happens Also I ve scanned for viruses with avast a few times as well as Spybot Search amp Destroy and haven t found anything wrong I d Internet Disconnecting Randomly During the Day like some help in trying to find a solution to the problem If you need any more info let me know and I ll be glad to provide it for you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-randomly-during-the-day.136883/
Relevancy 55.9%

I bought HP laptop few month ago and actually I didnt often use it soeven though I knew it had the problem wifi Wifi keeps disconnecting keeps disconnecting I didnt care But now I need to use it and this probelm is so Wifi keeps disconnecting annoying I tried to fix it myself so I read lots of post explained to fix for same problem with me But there are some differences so I decided to ask here nbsp Here is some info about my laptop HP Pavilion - z nbsp LaptopProduct number M D AV nbsp nbsp Security Software Trial Office Software Trial AMD Quad-Core A - Processor AMD Radeon TM R Graphics GB DDR L - DIMM GB rpm Hard Drive SuperMulti DVD burner -cell WHr Lithium-ion Battery Standard Keyboard Intel ac WLAN and Bluetooth R x Windows Home Blizzard white HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone blizzard white -inch diagonal Full HD WLED-backlit Display x nbsp and in Network adaptersBluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Inter R Dual Band Wireless-AC Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller nbsp Please help me fix this problem Thanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/5779635
Relevancy 55.9%

I get to upload large files on Google Drive but there's just too many of the files and they are a bit large i.e. 4 Gb. Something - not sure if this is the browser or Google Drive itself keeps returning an error message reading 'Upload paused (offline), and, my WiFi, which is controlled by the operating system and the internet service provider along the way loses its connectivity.

I start worrying whether my neighbors are using the same frequency, and, after trying to restart the connection by signing out and signing in again the same thing happens all over. Usually when this happens I assume network traffic is not going to make my life easy for me to upload files over WiFi.

Does the architecture envisage software and other underlying solutions for these little problems?

A:The WiFi keeps disconnecting...

You can use a WiFi scanner (freeware) to check channel use and perhaps change channels on your router.

E.g. Acrylic Wi-fi, Xirrus Wifi Inspector

Also check your Wifi is not connecting to outside routers (see Wifi Sense in Settings).

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46472-wifi-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok, I have read other posts of people with similar problems, but could not make head nor tail of it!

I purchased my EI System 3115 Notebook yesterday and everything is working fine except one thing:

My wifi connection keeps disconnecting after about an hour of so. I have strong connection to the router, but then suddenly it will go and when I search for networks it will not find my home network.

Anyone know whats causing this?

Relevancy 55.9%

hello
I recently brought acer window 10 it its often disconnecting from wifi service and showing no service available once again I restart itscnnecting back , very 20mins once it doing like this. please show some suggestion on this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce82b119-0713-4981-8c55-ab0185be89b2/wifi-disconnecting?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a new windows 8 machine (Dell Inspiron 2350), and there is a problem with the WIFI keeps disconnecting. I have determined that it seems to primarily happen whenever I am downloading any large files. When the computer is sitting idle or I am just browsing it doesn't seem to happen.
I do not have any such issue with my Windows 7 laptop or mobile devices.

I have already tried all the suggestions found elsewhere about changing the power management settings, and have already disabled "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

I already have the latest driver, and have updated the bios.

A:WIFI Keeps disconnecting

Hi Snake,

Try to follow this guide.
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings
then "changed advanced power settings" and select Wireless adapter and put it to maximum performance.
I hope this will fix it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45223-wifi-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.9%

So I took the plunge and updated to Windows 10 from 8.1. I did the FULL install, wiped my hard drive completely before installing Windows 10.

Everything is great, I really do like it.

But the WiFi keeps dropping and its extraordinarily aggravating.

I searched all over the internet with no solution in sight.

When this happens, I try to keep re-connecting it and it connects but then after awhile, it will just stop trying and I get the "System Broker has stopped working" as well as the "Network UX Broker has stopped working" error message.

Has anyone found a solution? I tried installing the WiFi drivers again and again but still nothing helping. I really think its a Windows issue that needs to be addressed via an update. I do have the latest updates installed as well.

The machine in question is a Lenovo Z710 IdeaPad with the Intel Wireless AC 7260 NIC.

A:WiFi keeps disconnecting

If you have a separate sound card as well as Wi-Fi, update the drivers for it also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-1074962.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently bought a  HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab101ax Model #:P3C85PA. The wifi keeps disconnecting. I've updated the wifi adaptor driver but this problem is still present. How can I prevent this from happening?

A:My wifi keeps disconnecting.

Hallo, Please install this BIOS update. It should fix your problem. BIOS: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75199.exe Please let me know about the result.

ZincasI am an HP notebook technician.Please click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/5632301
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I have a Lenovo G50-80 and I keep running into this problem sometimes. My laptop is connected to my wifi network and it will randomly disconnect from the wifi and the will be a red "x" in the notification section in the bottom right hand corner and when I click it to select a wifi network it says that there are no available networks. My roommates laptop doesn't ever disconnect from the wifi even when mine does so it's not the network. Anybody have any suggestions or solutions to my problem?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:G50-80 - Disconnecting from WiFi

Hi Amb,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Please click here for better understanding on this issue

Let us know how you get on.
Regards,
Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-80-Disconnecting-from-WiFi/td-p/3312858
Relevancy 55.9%

Over the past couple of days my wifi has been disconnecting, and when I mouse over the network icon it says "local only" I know its not my laptop because my wife's laptop does the same thing at the same time. So this leads me to believe its the router.. I didnt change any settings on the router though so i dont know why all of a sudden it takes a crap..

any ideas?? oh and I cant just "reset my router" because for some reason the reset button in the back doesnt press or do anything. I have a Linksys WRT54G

Relevancy 55.9%

Okay so I'm trying to get my son's DS to connect to the internet so that he can trade pokemon I'm on Win XP my usb wifi device is this Mayflash thing and I have heard that other people have had issues with it the driver download doesn't help However I did get mine to connect someone on another forum linked to this article to report their success connecting their DS with it However when I try to connect the DS to the network it disconnects It's always about a minute into the connection everything is going well and says it has excellent signal strength then crash all gone When I look at the network properties and click okay with no changes it reconnects Does that sound like firewall I looked in my disconnecting? - USB WiFi firewall properties and clicked to be notified if the firewall blocks something but I'm not receiving notification I'm USB WiFi - disconnecting? new to wifi this is the only device I have with it so I can't test with anything else ETA - Nope tried disabling firewall completely and it still disconnected Re-enabling firewall reconnected the wifi without my prompting ETA USB WiFi - disconnecting? - Again this time my dork butt actually looked at the error code Anyone know what this guy is talking about

A:USB WiFi - disconnecting?

Maybe your Mayflash thing is defective.

I used to use a usb wi-fi it was always disconecting after every few mins.
I got someone to check it out, he said it was defective and replaced it with a
Wireless PCL Adapter. After that no problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-wifi-disconnecting-524411.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hiya lately my wifi loads up then less then half hour or so it will disconnect but say it is still connected it does it at my house and when i go to different locations also my wifi keeps signing me out of fifa 13 but will not sign me out of the playstation network can you help me please

Relevancy 55.9%

I have had my laptop just over 1year and recently it has begun to disconnect from the WIFI, it begins connect and then suddenly it disconnects I have tried different WIFI connections at my friends and still the same problem, also along the bottom of the screen I am now unable to access the Upward arrow to access the Internet, Bluetooth etc. OptionsPlease help

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Disconnecting from WIFI

watch this video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ceujry71-E  AdamaaronPlease click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say ?Thanks? for helping! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Disconnecting-from-WIFI/td-p/5599247
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there,

I am having problems with my wifi card, I get three bars of strength to my router normally, however, my card just seems to constantly keep disconnecting. It won't then re-conect until I have re-booted the router which is very annoying. I know it isn't the router as when my card won't connect, my phone and my father's laptop still do. Does anyone know what could be wrong???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 55.9%

Recently bought a new HP laptop everything was fine at the beginning but recently the wifi on it has just been awful, when I'm using it the wifi will disconnect at least every 5 minutes then it takes about another 5 minutes in order to get the wifi back up and running and most of the time I have to restart the laptop in order for the wifi to work, I shouldn't have to do this every 5 minutes. Also the wifi only disconnects with the laptop, I have a phone and iPad that are linked to the same wifi and I've never had any problems with the wifi on them. Please can you help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/5755514
Relevancy 55.9%

I do have the same problem. it is getting disconnected within 5 or 10 minutes. it shows no internet access. i tried almost all slution described here. still facing same problem. Do i have any other solution please ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-DISCONNECTING/td-p/5821456
Relevancy 55.9%

My laptop will not stay connected to wifi for more than a few seconds before 'limited access' appears.
It connects and disconnects repetitively.
i have a 3mobile wireless dongle. Other laptops stay connected no problem and i am always beside the dongle with full coverage.
if i click the network icon several times on the bottom right it reconnects for a few seconds again,
I have discovered that if i run 'funkypool' in the background the connection generally stays, but not 100%, but 90% anyway.
this may possibly be because its java and always refreshing itself i think.
it doesn't matter whether or not im plugged in or using battery but i did change the controls for automatically putting the wireless to sleep mode so i doubt that unless ive done it wrong. my laptop is 5 months old. trouble shooting does not raise any issues. any help greatly appreciated, thanks

A:wifi disconnecting

The mobile wireless may be interfering with your Wi-Fi. Try the Wi-Fi without the mobile wireless "dongle."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disconnecting.1058681/
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows -bit Professional Geforce GTX nvidia drivers Asus VW U inch LCD Ok so randomly my monitor just disconnects Basically I hear the hardware disconnect sound just like removing a usb key and my monitor goes disconnecting with Problem randomly monitor black and it says No signal same as what it would say if the monitor was on but computer was off Restarting the monitor doesn't fix it nor does unplugging and replugging it To fix it I usually click Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting on the sleep button on my computer and let it go to sleep Then I turn the monitor off and at the same time I turn the monitor back on and wake the computer up This usually takes or goes but it gets my monitor working again Sometimes when sleeping waking several times doesn't fix it I have to reboot And even then when the computer is booting up it doesn't always fix Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting the monitor and the monitor still says No signal So I have to reboot several times until the monitor finally gets a signal Does this say anything about what could be causing it I mean the gfx card isn't yet running before windows loads is it Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting Which means it's not the gfx card at fault Or is it Also sometimes when it's having trouble getting signal while booting up it gives the message out of range I've had this problem for ages now on multiple formats and driver versions so I'm guessing it's not software related It happens usually when I'm launching or exiting out of a full sceen game or sometimes even just randomly when I'm doing nothing just browsing web I'm guessing faulty monitor

A:Problem with monitor randomly disconnecting

Sounds like you are suffering a software problem within windows, not so much a problem with the monitor itself.

No signal is no signal, I would actually be tempted to blame the graphics card in the boot post scenario.
Is it possible you can get your hands on another dvi cable to make sure it's not a simple cable issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/151580-problem-monitor-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My flatmate has just recently set up wireless. It works perfectly on her laptop but continuously disconnects at random every 7-11 minutes on mine.

I then have to re-enter the network key to reconnect to our wireless network as when it disconnects it returns back to deleting the network key I have entered and checking the automatic key box. It will not connect at all when this box is checked.

Also when I do connect after entering the network key, in the box stating the network I am connected to, in the top right corner it states i am 'not connected' yet under the name of the network I am connected to it states 'you are currently connected to this network'.

A:Solved: Wireless disconnecting randomly

make and model of your PC
make and model of router/modem

I would start by taking off the secruity on the router for wireless - see if you stay connected
next change wireless channel on the router - use 1 or 6 or 11

if you connect tothe router with a cable - does it work OK or still disconnect

On Wireless
if those changes still gives you a probem post back all the following
1) when its working
2) When it disconnects ..

make sure we know which is which on the posts
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

{Ping Tests}
Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping google.com
Post back the results

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-disconnecting-randomly.875690/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone, I have a Sony Vaio and the model number is: PCG-61511M.

The problem im having is that my internet randomly disconnects and i have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in, other computers in the house don't have this problem, and it's only my laptop. Other people's laptops work fine, it's just mine.

It's really beginning to frustrate me and i'd love for some help.

Cheers

A:[SOLVED] Internet randomly disconnecting?

Are you connecting Wired or Wirelessly? try updating your network adapter from the Sony Vaio site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-internet-randomly-disconnecting-638419.html
Relevancy 55.47%

For the past 4 days my internet would disconnect and reconnect frequently. It would sometimes d/c for around 4 secs and sometimes for around 20. When this does happen, the lights on my router (linksys befsr41) would sort of freeze, and the lights on my modem would act as if i restarted the modem. I tried restarting the modem by unplugging it for 30 secs, same with the router. This happens randomly, while browsing the internet, playing an online game, using an instant messenger, in ventrillo.

I called Comcast and they said it has nothing to do with an outage within the area, but a technician is comming here on Friday.

im using windows xp

A:Internet disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

Sounds like the modem may be dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-randomly.812810/
Relevancy 55.47%

Maybe it s not so random I m having a problem with my laptop just losing it s connection I am running Vista on it so I wouldn t be suprised if that was the root of the issue It stays connected and functions perfectly when in use but if I leave the computer sit idle network disconnecting?? is randomly My wireless it will eventually disconnect itself and then it won t be able to detect any wireless networks It s almost like the network adapter shuts off or something I then restart the computer and as soon as it boots up it detects my network and connects to it with no probem at all So far I think My wireless network is randomly disconnecting?? it only disconnects when it s not plugged into the charger is on the Power Saver Mode and is sitting idle for a short extended period of time Is there some kind of setting in Vista that is disabling my network adapter Is anyone else having a related issue By the way my laptop My wireless network is randomly disconnecting?? is a Dell and I am My wireless network is randomly disconnecting?? just using the internal wirless adapter the laptop came with I really think it s an issue with Vista not my laptop nbsp

A:My wireless network is randomly disconnecting??

Go into the power management and disable any power saving features of the wireless adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-is-randomly-disconnecting.672970/
Relevancy 55.47%

The title says it all, the usb ports randomly freeze sometimes for some seconds, but sometimes it freezes totally and I have to switch to other ports to get the mouse and keyboard to work again, I have updated all my drivers and done virus scan with malwarebytes and it hasnt helped.
All the mouse and keyboard light stay activated, they just stop working... It started happening a few weeks ago and I don't know for what reason, freezes occur every 10 minutes or so, and the ones that won't unfreeze every once in an hour..
I'm on windows 8.1.
Thank you in advance
Paulo

A:Windows 8.1 USB ports randomly disconnecting!

If this is a laptop you will only want to do the following on the port which is shutting off as it will use power all the time that the computer is on.

Open the Device Manager and scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controller.

Right click/tap on the first USB Root Hub (there should be several), then click/tap on Properties.

Click/tap on the Power Management tab.

You will see the following option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.  Remove the check from its' box.

If this is only occurring with one port you will need to see if this resolves the problem.  If it doesn't, replace the check in the power option and try the next root hub and so forth.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580955/windows-81-usb-ports-randomly-disconnecting/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey,
I've got a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse (wired) which I've had for about 2 or so years. Recently, it has started randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. Some of the time, it doesn't automatically reconnect, so I have to unplug the USB connector and replug it back in.

I've tried setting my device settings to not automatically sleep to save power and I've also tried buying a new USB card for my PC, both of which did not work.

What's unusual is that the mouse seems to work on my netbook which, with the other solutions I've tried, leads me to believe it is something to do with settings on my PC rather than hardware.

Does anyone have any insight into why is this happening and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

A:Mouse Keeps Randomly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Its probably the fault of the mouse. Once it disconnects, try pushing the wire into either end of the mouse and see if it reconnects.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297576-mouse-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My wireless network connection keeps disconnecting with no apparent cause. Then it reconnects itself, sometimes almost instantly and other times it takes about 5 minutes. Its done this for as long as I can remember, although it did stop for a short while not long ago leading me to believe it had fixed itself. All the other computers on the network dont seem to have this problem. Its quite annoying as I cant download anything of size as it cuts out half way through or do much else for that matter.

Im using the KLG 530 Wirless PCI Network Adapter.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Dell Truemobile 1300 Wireless adapter. It has been working fine but in the past month or so it has started disconnecting randomly from my wireless network and I have to unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in, in order to see the wireless network again. I read on other threads and it said to update the drivers which I did but i still have the problem. I also don't think I have the corrupted drive file thing (INFACHE or whatever its called) as all my other USB devices worked fine. Anyway, any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Wirless network randomly disconnecting

Hi penguin

Did you find Vista-compatible drivers for that adapter? The most recent official drivers that I can see from Dell are from March 2004, and of course are Win2k/XP drivers.

Decent adapters can be had for $25 when on sale, should things begin to drive you crazy, it might be worth grabbing a newer adapter. Beats uphill battles.

Other than that -- you can try

1) Download CCleaner --- http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...-10315544.html
2) Use CCleaner's Cleaning function to clear temp files (which can be troublesome for some installers if things get piled up).
3) With the Dell TrueMobile 1300 USB adapter plugged in, go into Device Manager, and into the Network category, & uninstall it.
4) Should the device still show in the "Safely Remove Hardware" applet in the System Tray, select it, and unplug it. Also unplug it even if it doesn't show in the Safely Remove list.
5) Use CCleaner's "Issues" function to clear tangles from the Registry. Run the Issue function until CCleaner reports "no issues found".
6) If you found a Vista-qualified driver, install it, then plug in the adapter.
7) Since there's been a lot of coming and going, check in the adapter's "Properties" to make sure that it's wireless settings are correctly set. (They'll need to match your network-type - probably "Infrastructure" and not "AdHoc", and probably set to "Mixed" modes if you travel between wireless networks of 802.11a/b/g/&n types).

Best of luck
. . . Gary

P.S. ... we don't recommend the casual use of Registry Cleaners, and only recommend the tools specifically mentioned by a certified technician for a task. Many cleaners cause more trouble than they cure, and some are outright frauds or rogues. CCleaner has won awards for years, and can be used with confidence (it also has built-in "un-do" features as a fail-safe precaution).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wirless-network-randomly-disconnecting-218410.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I started having this issue back in late August but now it's been happening more frequently. My Firefox usually works perfectly fine, but randomly, once every day or every other day, it'll suddenly disconnect from the internet and refuse to load any pages. If I'm on Facebook when it happens, the chat will get disconnected and be unable to reconnect. It isn't a problem with the internet connection, as other browsers will still be able to connect, internet programs like Skype will stay connected, and Firefox itself will work normally again after closing and reopening it.

This happens randomly so there's no way to test it, and I already scanned for malware several times and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

A:Firefox Randomly Disconnecting from the Internet.

Hi, try disabling any addons.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-randomly-disconnecting-from-the-internet-1049330.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello!
I am having a problem since 1 year ago, and i tried every solution to fix this. My problem is the network connection randomly disconnect and reconnect/ or reconnect, if I restart the modem or the Wifi Router. The network isn't disconnect, if the desktop PC is off.
I tried these solutions:
-buy a new network card
-buy a new Wifi router
-ask a new modem from the ISP
-buy new UTP cables instead of all UTP cables
-i format the winchester and reinstall the windows 2 times
I have not more idea, than fix this, but this is a very angrily problem. I fight this since 1 year and nothing can help.
I'm waiting for all idea or solutions, i can try whatever!
Thank you!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting-4607308/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,  I just brought the Lenovo Thinkpad T430 about 10 days ago. I am using WIndows 8 on it. I am having strange issue with it. Sometimes, the wifi disconnects and I am not able to connect to the network. Then I have to restart my laptop to again connect to the network. This is happening about once in a day. I am using intel centrino N 2200 wifi card.  Has anyone faced this issue before?  Thanks,Vedang Patel

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone, I am Damian Trevor I need a suggestion from you all,regarding the problem of disconnecting and reconnecting of wifi. My laptop Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, i am quite worried as i am not able to work on my project without use of internet .Did any one face this type of problem??If any, please suggest me what i do. I have Windows 7 installed in my laptop, So i reboot Windows 7 on my laptop twice but the same problem arises.i am facing a lot of problem because most of my work is depend upon internet, & internet is not working because of wifi.I also confirm that my laptop is within range of the wireless router. Proper signal are there,  but it continuously showing the same problem.so please help me out by your relevant solutions. Thanks Regards Damian Trevor

A:Laptop Wifi keeps disconnecting??? Help!!!!

Hey Damian, have you updated your wifi adapted driver recently?
If you already have the latest driver, a reinstall of the driver may be a good idea.
To do this, simply search "update drivers" in the start menu, this should bring up the same program as in the attached image

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612776/laptop-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-help/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I've had this problem for a good while and cant seem to find many answers. What happens is that I will be online and everything is fine untill my wife or daughter decide to get on to one of their devices that use the same wifi (ipad, ipod, phone) and everyone will get disconnected. After 2 or 3 minutes everyone will be able to connect again, for a few minutes at least, then we will get disconnected again. Rinse repeat.

Our router is a Belkin wireless G-plus mimo, Model# f509230-4
Modem is Westell model 6100, e90-610015-06
My wireless router in the bedroom connected to the PC is a linksys wusb6300 (blinks orange light at the time of dissconnect)

Any ideas on how we can stop constantly disconnecting each other would be greatly appreciated.

*just saw I posted this in the wrong place..ugh

Moderator note: Moved.

A:Disconnecting from internet when others use the wifi

Two suggestions:

First, make sure you have the latest firmware for that router

Second, after updating the firmware, access the router config and set the MTU to 1492.

This will stop packet fragmentation and all devices will then be protected from a packet reassembly overflow condition, failing all existing connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnecting-from-internet-when-others-use-the-wifi.205777/
Relevancy 55.47%

Using Win10 my Sony Vaio laptop connects ok to my BT wireless router but after a short while I lose the Internet connection. This happens because Win10 decides to switch to another wireless network which is secured and I do not have the password. When I disconnect this other network, reconnect back to mine, tick connect automatically I get Internet connection again only to lose it for the same reason a few minutes later. I guess it is WiFi Sense doing this but if so it should be renamed WiFi NonSense. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?
Thanks for any input.

A:WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Hi Gerry Atric and welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by Gerry Atric

I guess it is WiFi Sense doing this but if so it should be renamed WiFi NonSense.

lol

Don't know if you have tried this, but this is my suggestion:

Settings >Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage Wi-Fi Settings
Go to the settings under the Wi-Fi Sense heading
Turn off "Connect to suggested open hotspots"
and/or
Turn off "Connect to networks shared by my friends"

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/22159-wifi-internet-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an hp laptop.. Not too old but it's not brand new either. For some reason every time I am on it, the wifi disconnects and I am not able to reconnect unless I restart my laptop. I know it's not a problem with the actual wifi because everyother laptop and phone is working perfectly. The problem is that the laptop does not have a battery life so it will just turn off if you unplug it...
Please help, this is extremely frustrating!

A:Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi?

For some reason every time I am on it, the wifi disconnects and I am not able to reconnect unless I restart my laptop.Click to expand...

Make sure you have the latest correct wireless driver (from the laptop manufacturer's web site if an integrated adapter).

If that doesn't fix the problem ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi.1149884/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Guys,

I have just recently bought a Windows 8 Laptop from my mates computer shop. It seemed fine for a while and then its suddenly started dropping out on wireless internet connection.

It does load back up onto the wireless connection but not for long.

My mate said it could have been the router in the house but others have said otherwise.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

A:My WiFi Keeps Disconnecting On My Laptop

Make sure any power saving and/or sleep functions for the adapter are turned off in Device Manager and also in Advanced Power settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70776-my-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Since I had updated to windows 10, my wifi is creating trouble. It got disconnected even I sit right besides the router. Very often it also get disable. there becomes a cross sign on wifi icon. and after that it take very long time to connect again even it took 6 days to reconne to after which I am able to post this question

A:wifi disconnecting and disabling

@Usman313? Go to Device Manager. Open up Network Adapters. Right click on your WiFi adapter and click on Uninstall. If asked to remove the driver say "YES" Reboot and let Windows reinstall the driver. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-disconnecting-and-disabling/td-p/5601698
Relevancy 55.47%

i typed ipconfig/all on cmdprompt running admin

A:wifi keeps disconnecting and sometimes can't connect

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please follow these steps:
Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323848-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-sometimes-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I m using Windows Beta My wifi is constantly disconnecting non-stop I have to use the troubleshoot tool everytime and Wifi / 7 Windows Disconnecting even now it still disconnects non-stop I replicated this problem with default drivers that came with W and also downloaded drivers from Intel s site I ve tried various setups with my router which have always worked fine in XP and Vista anyway I tried WPA TKIP AES WPA TKIP AES Auto WPA AES Wireless channel auto Mode n g Windows 7 / Wifi Disconnecting b Trans Rate best auto I have wifi protection feature disabled and UNnP disabled Channel width tried Windows 7 / Wifi Disconnecting auto too My router is on my desk to the right with antennas pointing different directions My modem is under my desk to the left on top of my cable box Windows 7 / Wifi Disconnecting So far it seems if I connect to my neighbors unsecured router I never get disconnected This aggiates me because I have always used my same router and same exact configuration I know W is just beta but hoping someone can enlighten me on a temp fix at least I even tried official Intel drivers from their site too So in conclusion it appears to be likely a W bug with secured mode routers Specs D-Link DIR- Intel AGN Wireless Windows Beta Build nbsp

A:Windows 7 / Wifi Disconnecting

I too have tried the same thing as you!!!
I also have the intel 5100...
man it makes me so mad....
the problem obvisouly in in windows 7...
i tried it in xp (sp1a, sp2, sp3) and in
vista and the only time i have that problem is in windows 7...
the only way i keep connected is if i am downloading something...
if i let it idle or hibernate, the connection disconnects... then, after another half hour... it says there are no network devices install... !!!
man, will M$ fix it already....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wifi-disconnecting.805366/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone I am using a Fujitsu lifebook LH on Windows I used to live in a boarding school so now I am at home for the holidays and I found out that my wifi connection at home is cutting out abnormally however my phone an LG Optimus Black can perfectly maintain a connection with the router This happens in my room mostly and is rather irritating so I would appreciate any help Thank you The laptop comes with an Atheros AR B adapter and the router in question is a TP-link TL-WR ND version It might also Wifi cutting disconnecting out and help if I mention that my laptop crashed before and I got a technician to reinstall windows He also selected some drivers and reinstalled them This might be the cause of the disconnecting behaviour but I failed to find any new drivers or firmware for my devices Again I'd really appreciate any and all help I'm quite bothered by the fact that my computer can't receive a stable signal while my phone can and hopefully I can fix that preferably without spending money as this is a fairly new router that my family bought with your help I'd be happy to provide any extra information or specs but I don't know where to start because this is a fairly new side of windows to me Sorry Thank you Wifi disconnecting and cutting out in advance Kris

A:Wifi disconnecting and cutting out

Hi Kyrios, Please check if the router firmware is up to date. Please update the same. Try to connect your laptop directly with the router and check if the connection is intermittent. Mobiles and routers mostly use the same frequencies. So, the connection between them can be flawless.

Many wireless items have a pre-established default channel of six. If you notice a lot of interference with your Wi-Fi connection, changing the channel away from six may solve the problem. However, make sure that all of the wireless devices that are on that same network are also using the same channel. Another thing to keep in mind is that some Wi-Fi channels can overlap with one another. If you keep your channels as far apart as possible, there will be much less of a chance of overlap and interference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298013-wifi-disconnecting-cutting-out.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using a lenovo yoga 14. When I connect to my wifi network at home the internet often randomly turns off. It doesn't only disconnect my laptop, it kicks all of the other devices off the network as well. I have no viruses and the laptop seemed to be doing this from when I originally got it. I updated my drivers for the wifi and have tried various other fixes but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?  Processor: Intel Core i7-5500U Processor(I7-5500U): : Memory: 8GB PC3-12800: : Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64(EN:English): : Hard Drive: 256GBOPAL2.0: : Wireless Network: Intel Wireless 7265BN(2x2)+BT4.0 M.2 Combo: : Ports: 4-in-1 Media Card Reader (SD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC); 1 USB 2.0; 2 USB 3.0; Microphone/Headphone Jacks; DC in; HDMI 1.4: : Monitor: Multitouch: : Included Warranty: 1 Year Depot

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-14-Wifi-Disconnecting/td-p/3385235
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,A couple of months ago I bought a HP wifi mouse. The installation went smoothly and it was working fine. However, when I use it at the university the mouse disconnects a lot  (every 5 minutes) which is very annoying. At home it disconnects also some times but not as much as it does at the University. The battery status is fine and I use the mouse inches from the laptop so the distance can't be the problem. Is there something I can do to make the connenction stronger? Kind regards,Babs1990 

A:disconnecting HP wifi mouse

Hello Babs1990, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  I have read your post on how your wireless mouse begins to loose signal strength when you are on your university campus, and I would be happy to assist you! To begin, I will need to ask you a few questions: What is the Product and Model Number of your notebook computer?What version of Windows do you have installed on your computer?Has your computer completed all of its important Windows Updates?Have you updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant?Is this an on-going, or recent issue?Is your mouse a USB wireless or is it Bluetooth?Is your notebook paired with any other Bluetooth devices (if your mouse is Bluetooth)?In the meantime, I recommend following this document on Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Troubleshooting. This should help with the wireless connection between your computer and the mouse. Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!Regards  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/disconnecting-HP-wifi-mouse/td-p/4054152
Relevancy 55.47%

So my nbsp hp pavilion dv - c us on windows I Keeps is Wifi have disconnecting. working. Nothing tried... has been having wifi issues for a few months now nbsp My wifi card is an intel centrino N nbsp These past few days it has gotten really bad nbsp It disconnects every few minutes nbsp The only thing I can think it being is my wifi card is going bad nbsp Is that possible nbsp I did all of the reloads of Wifi Keeps disconnecting. Nothing is working. I have tried... drivers and winsock flush etc nbsp It's not my antivirus software as i removed it and i still did the same thing nbsp I did virus and malware checks and everything is clean nbsp No system changes were made when it started happening nbsp All other devices in my home have no problem connecting to my router which is a sbg and staying connected nbsp Just this laptop nbsp The stupid exclamation point keeps coming up and connection goes nbsp Please help me figure this out nbsp

A:Wifi Keeps disconnecting. Nothing is working. I have tried...

Hi Could a dodgy driver have been updated a few weeks ago and started this problem off? As an administrator in a Command Prompt window type netsh wlan show drivers C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show driversInterface name: WiFi 2    Driver                    : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    Vendor                    : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Provider                  : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Date                      : 21/09/2015    Version                   : 2023.18.814.2015    INF file                  : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem35.inf    Files                     : 2 total                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll If so a roll back may be beneficial. Visual help also... 

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Keeps-disconnecting-Nothing-is-working-I-have-tried-all/td-p/5607789
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I've been using my E531 (i5-3230m,6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, FHD, GT740M, Windows 10) for 2 years but I'm having a problem with wifi connection at home for past 2-3 days. Laptop keeps disconnecting and connecting again every 5-10 seconds and the connection is not working at all, after couple of minutes it's unable to find any wifi network. Other devices connected to the same router have no problem at all. I tried reinstalling Broadcom drivers many times, even about 3 different versions, reinstalling many other drivers, even flashing BIOS to the latest one.  But really strange is, that today it was working well for maybe 2 hours, but when I connected my external monitor (Asus VX239) through HDMI port, wifi started to disconnect again. I have no idea whether it is somehow related to that, because these problems have started when I brought this monitor home (I've been using it for approx. 6 months in college).

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E531-Wifi-disconnecting/td-p/3348110
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there!  Originally, my laptop OS is windows 8 > 8.1 > and now 10 I have been having wifi issues, my laptop would disconnect from my wifi; I have reinstalled my drivers like two weeks ago My other devices such as my cell phone and ipod are connecting fine;  When it does disconnect,  I click on the wifi icon in the taskbar nothing will show up/load I have done the troubleshooter and can't not find anything so I have no choice to restart and temporary fixes it for a while  and a side question; is it possible to go back to 8.1? I upgraded during end of july, if it do reset my pc would go back to windows 10 or windows 7 and then have to upgrade to win10?  and would it be ok to disable the IPv6?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Please-help-My-laptop-keeps-disconnecting-from-the-wifi/td-p/5766924
Relevancy 55.47%

Wireless connection on my new laptop kept timing out. Though the laptop was dos so wins 10 64bits was installed on it. Ever since the unboxing and installation, it has been disconnecting itself. I tried to troubleshoot and make it work but all to no avail. I tried the following: Would you check this setting please.Go to Device ManagerClick on the network adapters  to expand the listRight click on the adapter and choose propertiesClick on the power management If "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked, please remove it.press OKrepeat the above process for any additional adapters listed. And it failed also. I reinstalled the driver, downloaded the latest driver from the driver page, but still all to no avail.Also, i tried most of the things on this link http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175 . Still disconnectsPlease kindly help me out here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-keeps-disconnecting-on-my-HP-15-ay-008tx/td-p/5766607
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there!  Originally, my laptop OS is windows 8 > 8.1 > and now 10 I have been having wifi issues, my laptop would disconnect from my wifi; I have reinstalled my drivers like two weeks ago My other devices such as my cell phone and ipod are connecting fine;  When it does disconnect,  I click on the wifi icon in the taskbar nothing will show up/load I have done the troubleshooter and can't not find anything so I have no choice to restart and temporary fixes it for a while  and a side question; is it possible to go back to 8.1? I upgraded during end of july, if it do reset my pc would go back to windows 10 or windows 7 and then have to upgrade to win10?  and would it be ok to disable the IPv6?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Please-help-My-laptop-has-been-disconnecting-from-the-wifi/td-p/5766924
Relevancy 55.47%

Dear all,  In my laptop starting time wifi connecting.But after sometime suddenly disconnecting and i tried to reconnect wifi .But it is not showing wireless network ids..And i reinstalled wifi drivers..But still same problem..Please give solution for this problem..  Regards / Ram

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-disconnecting-in-windows-10/td-p/5794266
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm on a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows I have AVG free as my active antivirus but occasionally run Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyware Wifi computer) (only on by disconnecting lag / this itself CCleaner and Temporary File Cleaner to keep things running smoothly I've had this issue for Wifi disconnecting by itself (only on this computer) / lag a while now AVG recently picked up a few trojan viruses on a scan last week and I thought my issues would have been resolved but alas they have not Also before I begin I want to note that I'm having these issues only on this laptop even though I have another laptop computer and iPhone that I use the same wifi connection on So here's my issue I'll get on my computer and pull up Chrome I wait for the wifi to connect Sometimes it Wifi disconnecting by itself (only on this computer) / lag connects without a problem other times I sit and watch the little blue circle as it loads and loads then tells me that it was unable to connect I'll disconnect and reconnect and usually that works Whenever I'm using the internet the wifi randomly disconnects It can happen as often as every - minutes I've scanned with everything I can think of I've unplugged and restarted the modem countless times I honestly do not know what to do I don't know if this is a virus or if there's something wrong with my computer's devices or I honestly don't know what to do so please please help Thank you in advance Cassidy

A:Wifi disconnecting by itself (only on this computer) / lag

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exeCheckmark following boxes:Flush DNSReset FF proxy SettingsReset Ie Proxy SettingsReport IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only)Click Go and post the result.Please download Adware cleaner from the link below.http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleanerSave it to your desktop.Right click run as admin.Hit the scan button.Allow completion.Make sure all items are ticked.Hit the clean button.Even if no items are displayed to be ticked hit the clean button anyway.The machine will reboot this is normal.Post the log in your next reply.Run the junkware removal tool in safemode post the log.http://thisisudax.org/downloads/JRT.exe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517592/wifi-disconnecting-by-itself-only-on-this-computer-lag/
Relevancy 55.47%

Since upgrading to Windows 10  from 7 I have lost wifi connection many times at random moments. My PC is a Pavilion g4. I have attempted to update my Broadcom 802.11n network adaptor but Windows tells me I have the latest version. Could anyone advise what best to do to resolve this problem? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Random-wifi-disconnecting/td-p/5733313
Relevancy 55.47%

I've been using my computer for about two years without any major problems, but now all of a sudden, it  drops my wifi connection every few minutes or so, ( it actually did while i was typing this ) then reconnects, i just need to know a way to fix this, it was working fine and this just starts happening out of no where. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi/td-p/5822304
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I am having issues with my PC and suspect a virus might be at fault When I connect to the internet via broadband connection I can get my home page but then it goes incredibly slow and has the little hour glass thingy up for ages I ve run my virus software etc but am still having issues AVG spybot and adaware I m just wondering if you could please check out my HJT log as I m pretty sure I have a lot of rubbish on my PC am glad to get rid of anything that doesn t need to be there Thanks for looking I am running windows XP on a pentium thingy not sure what more info you might need Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe to or connecting disconnecting randomly correctly, internet not PC C WINDOWS system PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Fast Cleaner FC exe C Documents and Settings bondandbond Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www xtra co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run YeppStudioAgent C Program Files Samsung SamsungMediaStudio SamsungMediaStudioAgent exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - Global Startup Image Transfer lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-not-connecting-to-internet-correctly-or-disconnecting-randomly.648381/
Relevancy 54.61%

My computer seems to randomly disconnect I noticed it randomly from appears internet to be me disconnecting svchost.exe is more frequent if I am downloading large files at my max download speed I noticed that the program svchost exe randomly is using data at svchost.exe appears to be disconnecting me from internet randomly sometimes high rates for my plan which I think may be the source for my random disconnecting Evidence of my claim Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program svchost.exe appears to be disconnecting me from internet randomly Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x NETGEAR WNA WNA exe C Program Files x Skillbrains lightshot Lightshot exe C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira Systray exe C Program Files x Steam bin svchost.exe appears to be disconnecting me from internet randomly steamwebhelper exe C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe C Users JacobP AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users JacobP Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Google R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com - Hotmail Outlook Skype Bing Latest News Photos amp Videos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com - Hotmail Outlook Skype Bing Latest News Photos amp Videos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run Razer Synapse quot C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe quot O - HKLM Run Wondershare Helper Compact exe C Program Files x Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files x Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files x Logitech Video LogiTray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Lightshot C Program Files x Skillbrains lightshot Lightshot exe O - HKLM Run NCUpdateHelper C Program Files x NCWest NCLauncher NCUpdateHelper exe O - HKLM Run Avira SystrayStartTrigger C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira SystrayStartTrigger exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui quot C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe quot --auto-start O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite qu... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/svchost-exe-appears-to-be-disconnecting-me-from-internet-randomly-1094650.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My wireless connection seems to randomly disconnect, and then imediatly reconnect, dont have any frequency interference that i know of, any idea what would cause this?

i have client lease time set to a long time, so its not that.

A:wireless connection randomly disconnecting/reconnecting

I'm having the same exact issue, no idea what could be causing it right now though. I've tried so many things.

First however you could narrow it down: try running a wired connection briefly and see if the connection still gets interrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.41152/
Relevancy 54.61%

I bought a Toshiba Canvio USB TB Black about a week ago with the intent of using it for static data storage and system backups But the only big issue I'm having with it is that it keeps randomly disconnecting while copying files and even when it's not doing anything at all I'm in the middle of copying a file and BAM disconnect even though my laptop Randomly Issue /W Canvio Disconnecting Ext. Toshiba HDD hasnt moved at all and the cable is firmly plugged into a powered port And it is extremely sensitive to even the slightest movement Examples someone bumped the leg of a table earlier today just a little bit someone else barely placed their hand on the table a few feet away from me disconnect I had an external Western Digital awhile back Issue /W Toshiba Canvio Ext. HDD Randomly Disconnecting it rarely DCed unless the cable was jarred enough to knock it loose a bit from the port Not nearly as sensitive as what I have now I've tried different cables same issue with all of them I've also ran chkdsk on the drive it checked out fine with no bad sectors etc I know that drivers are included in Windows by default and that external HDDs are typically classified as plug and play I have searched the Toshiba website no drivers available I've also tried looking for rd party alternative drivers solutions etc Windows is fully up to date And I just checked my power settings and found something called quot USB Selective Suspend quot which I'm guessing is where Windows puts a drive to sleep after it's idle for a certain period I disabled that setting so that USB devices dont quot sleep quot I'm not sure exactly what it means just an educated guess is all Right now I'm still waiting to see if the issue resurfaces just need a little advice pointers on what might be causing this A last note the drive has partition on it that fills up everything and that partition is encrypted with TrueCrypt so I have to enter my crypto password every time I connect the drive Just figured I'd mention although I doubt that's the culprit My WD drive was encrypted and never had this issue UPDATE I noticed noone has posted by now so I figured I would add a few things In addition to disabling USB Selective Suspend I also opened up Device Management and checked all my installed USB devices After reading up a bit more I found a Power Management tab in the Properties section for each device driver and noticed an entry there called quot Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power quot I disabled it in each case that it was checked Now the drive seems to disconnect less often and doesnt seem to be quite as sensitive to movement But yet it still sometimes DCs even when I havent touched my laptop the drive the cable or the table that it's sitting on And I've also noticed that sometimes the light on the drive goes off after awhile Is this normal Is it an indicator that it might be quot sleeping quot Or maybe this only happens when stuff isnt being copied moved etc I've also read some complaints with others with similar or identical issues to mine and many of them stated they had the Toshiba Canvio drives SeaGate and WD seem to have much higher ratings One post implied that the connector board inside the shell casing which is separate from the drive itself might be bad It's the piece the drive connects to on the inside of the case I also found a HD enclosure shell on Amazon Amazon com StarTech com in SuperSpeed USB SSD SATA Hard Drive Enclosure Computers amp Accessories I'm thinking that maybe if the board is faulty then I can just pop it inside the enclosure and it will work fine It checks out with excellent SMART readings and no bad sectors so now I'm convinced the issue isnt the drive itself But I can never be too sure Well thanks for any help EDIT Well it's been over a day now Noone has anything to say

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/31667-issue-w-toshiba-canvio-ext-hdd-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello a couple of months ago my internet Insight Broadband began to randomly disconnect and reconnect and recently it has become more frequent every - minutes I connect to my internet wirelessly through a linksys router It s not my laptop because our desktop and xbox experience the same frequent disconnects and reconnects I ve tried the dns flush with no success Ive also changed the wireless channel to to prevent any interference Also our linksys router is about years old which could be the cause but i d like to elimate all other possibilities first And finally every time i click diagnose connection I receive reconnecting? Internet connection disconnecting help! and randomly the error quot Your computer appears to be correctly configred but the device or resource DNS server is not responding And just recently our internet has become very slow youtube videos taking longer to buffer with many pauses EDIT I eliminated the possibility of my router itself being at fault as when I plugged my xbox or laptop or desktop directly into the modem the same frequent disconnects and reconnects occured Here s a copy of my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright Internet connection randomly disconnecting and reconnecting? help! c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Patrick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Patrickscomputr Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF-AD- D- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R WiMAX Physical Address -D -DA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - - -B - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -B -C - -AE- D-EC-EA-DA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - B-F -FB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AD D B- - D A-AA -E C D CB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA EE- F - E -AD - B D C Media... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

So this is kind of an odd issue. My wireless connection (on my desktop only) will randomly disconnect itself from my wireless network, causing me to lose internet for a moment, then reconnect itself automatically. This happens every half an hour or so. It gets incredibly annoying if I'm in something like a skype call, my skype will disconnect and I have to rejoin the call, etc.

The only workaround I've figured out is to disconnect and click the "troubleshoot network issues" button or whatever, which always lets me reconnect instantly, but I disconnect again soon enough.

My router is a linksys AC1900, but I'm pretty sure it's a desktop issue because the internet on my laptop never goes out.

Thanks for any help, and if you need any more details let me know. (computer noob here)
~IcedEclipse

A:Randomly disconnecting from wireless network on my desktop

Hi ... Wireless problems can be caused by many things ... In the Link below there are several different Steps which may Resolve your Issue ...

As you do not think the Router is the issue try the other Steps first ..

Have you tried with the Lan Connection is that stable ? ...

Is your wireless connection dropping?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/356562-randomly-disconnecting-wireless-network-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I am having a really annoying problem with my internet connection.

Randomly, but it seems after quite a few hours, I loose all connection out of my PC. No internet, email etc. I cannot even ping my modem (connected via network, cat5). Repairing doesn't work and I have to reboot to get the connection back.
Is there anything that I can do to stop this or at least start trying to hunt the problem down.
I have Vista home premium, windows live mail, zone alarms, avg anti virus, skype and DAP installed (and more but I'm thinking these my be the main ones that could affect problem).
Any help would be great

A:Vista PC randomly disconnecting from modem, needs reboot

Are you using an on-board NIC (network connection on the motherboard) or a PCI NIC? (a network card installed into a motherboard slot)

Remove Zone Alarm and see if the problem stops

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-pc-randomly-disconnecting-from-modem-needs-reboot.97553/
Relevancy 54.61%

Recently my internet started disconnecting a ton during the day and I am really looking for a fix to this problem When my internet starts disconnecting it ll happen anywhere from every minutes to every hour The only ways I can get the internet to start working again Wired Internet Disconnecting Connection Randomly after this happens are to go into Network Connections through the control panel and then right click Local Area Connection and press repair or by restarting the computer After doing one of those things my computer will start disconnecting again soon after I m running Windows XP and have a Netgear WGT v router However I believe that my problem is not any type of hardware error because it only happens during the day and never happens to me at night at all The computer is using a wired connection but whenever the internet stops working on here Wired Internet Connection Disconnecting Randomly it will still work on all of the other computers connected to the same router I have also scanned the computer for viruses and spyware but have not found anything This problem is really bugging me so I d be very happy if anybody could help me If you need any additional information feel free to ask nbsp

A:Wired Internet Connection Disconnecting Randomly

What did you use scan the computer for pest? Also have you updated XP for patch release lately? How about the Netgear have you updated the firmware on it?

You can try to backup the router configuration to a file.
Then do a 90 second reset on it.
This would mean you keep on holding the reset button on the rear of the router with power cord attached while perform the following:

1. press and hold reset for 90 secs
2. during the first 30 secs you will unplug the power cord
3. during the second 30 secs you will plug-in back the power cord
4. during the third 30 secs at the end of that you would release and unplug the router for 15 seconds

Now try it again and see if the router works now..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-internet-connection-disconnecting-randomly.136894/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a problem with mapped network drives in my organization About a week ago our helpdesk started reporting calls from users saying their mapped drives said they disconnecting randomly drives network Mapped were disconnected At that time it was only a few people at another site that were Mapped network drives randomly disconnecting experiencing this This week we ve been seeing it happening at all sites The strange thing is sometimes the drive will be marked as Mapped network drives randomly disconnecting disconnected but upon clicking it it opens up Other times it says access is denied A temporary fix we ve been using is to delete all local profiles on the machines that have been experiencing this I m wondering if this is an issue with the user profiles that s somehow preventing the drives from mapping or if it s an issue with the permissions I m reluctant to think it s a permission issue since prior to a week ago all drives were mapping normally All machines are running xp pro Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Mapped network drives randomly disconnecting

I'd check offline files and make sure that it and "offline synchronization" are disabled.

I've experienced this as well, and so far my best guess has been with the offline files feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drives-randomly-disconnecting.374529/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi im having problems with my wifi network Im using a dell laptop with windows bit op sys For some reason my wifi disconnects after a an hour or so or it doesnt even connect when i open up my latop and try to connect to my network When i do occaisonaly connect my signal strength is full but after minutes it disconnects again Can you guys tell me what test I should run and copy and paste here to help you guys find the wifi sometimes disconnecting and Problems not with even connecting problem Thnks in adance Problems -wifi doesnt connect -takes a long time to connect when it does connect -only connects when i turn of my router and turn it back on -another laptop a pc and phones that all connect through wifi all work while my laptop doesnt so it isnt my router -I Problems with wifi disconnecting and not even connecting sometimes took my laptop to my college to use it there and it didnt work on their network either Problems with wifi disconnecting and not even connecting sometimes when i run this wifi test on my computer it always fails on either ping test defuault gateway or association test Btw will you guys tell me a few ways to isolate what the problem is Should i connect via ethernet cable And since other wifi devices are working and mines doesnt that should also isolate the problem thnks

A:Problems with wifi disconnecting and not even connecting sometimes

Follow this networking posting guide by 2xg: Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305867-problems-wifi-disconnecting-not-even-connecting-sometimes.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I am having trouble gaming because my laptop keeps either disconnecting then reconnecting or says connected but no internet access then shortly after changes back to normal.I am on a toshiba satellite s4102. what can i do to fix this problem?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6051 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1262 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 698475 MB, Free - 616295 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, POQAA
Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Disabled

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have a problem connecting to a Wifi network that s usually troubleshooter on saying keeps Wifi keeps reset disconnecting, fine My computer keeps on disconnecting to the network and reconnecting it will say quot Windows cannot connect to SSID quot I ran the troubleshooter it resetted the network adapter and all becomes well again until Wifi keeps on disconnecting, troubleshooter keeps saying reset some minutes later where it will disconnect me and repeat again Other devices connected to the Wifi do not have any problems only my computer OS Windows Ultimate -bit ISP BOLT Indonesia Broadband DSL Modem Huawei Anti-virus AVG Free Firewall Windows Firewall ipconfig all output Windows IP Configuration Host Name han -lenovo Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Windows Adapter V Physical Address -FF- -FA- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet C ontroller NDIS Physical Address B - -F - -DB- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -A -C - C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c a d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August Lease Expires Sunday August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- B- - D- -A -C - C- -E DNS Servers fe f ff fe bfe NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - E-A -F -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BFB D- BA - DA -ACAF- DF DE DE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb e b f fe Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e b f fe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes SysInfo Output Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives A Total - MB Free - MB B Total - MB Free - MB C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO Base Board Product Name Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Hope anyone can solve this problem nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a new Toshiba Portege R930 64 Bit running Win 8
One month into using I am now having trouble with WiFi periodically disconnecting and reconnecting. I am running other computers (1 Toshibha Portege R750 Win 7 and iPad amongst others) on the same wireless network without this issue.
It is very annoying as I use skype for international calls and they always drop. If I switch to the other Toshiba or iPad then problem stops. I have installed Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector - no issues with router or wifi.

I have noticed on the net, many people having the same issue.

A:WiFi periodically disconnecting and reconnecting Win 8

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

As you have xirrus please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

lets see the following please

ipconfig /all
Three Ping tests
xirrus screen shot
Device Manager Screen shot

ipconfig /all

Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.For windows version, XP, Vista, W7Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests

For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.For windows version, XP, Vista, W7Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): In the command prompt window that opens

Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the r... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-periodically-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-win-8-a-693665.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi! My HP stream wifi adapter keeps disconnecting from wifi networks. After it disconnects it automatically goes into disabled status.First I thought it was just my home wifi router, but it still happens to other connections. I tried all of the suggestions below, but none seems to help.  Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC: reset the winsock catalogue:Reinstall the network adapter drivers:Anyone got any other suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Stream-wifi-adapter-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/5656823
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,Is anyone facing issue with the wifi connection? The wifi on yoga 700 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. When the wifi tries to reconnect, it's showing no internet access. I have other laptops connected to the same router and there are no connection issues with my other laptops, tablets, or phones. I've even tried to a different router (at a different location) and I still have the same issue. I contacted Lenovo customer service and they sent me link to download the wifi driver which I have done (uninstall existing driver and reinstall the drive that was provided by Lenovo CS) however, it would connect to the wifi and work fine for a while then the wifi disconncets and tries to reconnect over and over again (same issue). Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-700-11-inch-wifi-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/3376651
Relevancy 54.61%

Can any one answer help me with this question Basically when Bandwidth Disconnecting. issue?! Wifi I m on my pc and I download a Wifi Disconnecting. Bandwidth issue?! large file or if I am downloading multiple things at once my wifi connection sometimes gets disconnected The Wifi Disconnecting. Bandwidth issue?! only way I can fix it without restarting is to disable and enable the adapter in quot Network Connections quot The other devices on my network Iphone laptop and PS don t get disconnected just my PC I don t know if the problem is because of The speed at which I am downloading The size of the file which I am downloading e g I started a game downloading from steam and had to disable enable the adapter a few times Simultaneous downloads I subscribe to or so podcasts if I let Itunes download them all at once its disconnected on a few occasions so I have set it to get a file at a time Does anybody have any idea what it could be and if there is a way to fix it nbsp

A:Wifi Disconnecting. Bandwidth issue?!

Since disable/enable the wireless adapter fixes the problem my top suspects would be the driver or the adapter itself. Make sure you have the latest correct wireless driver--from the PC manufacturer for an integrated adapter or from the card manufacturer's site otherwise. If you already have the latest reinstall it anyhow in case the installed instance is corrupted.

Next on my suspect list would be wireless interference. Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disconnecting-bandwidth-issue.1038765/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, the wifi on my lenovo ideapad z580 running win8 gets disconnected when i lock my screen
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks

A:Wifi Disconnecting when screen is locked

No responses yet? Hmm... Check device manager and uncheck this box to see if that helps:

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28903-wifi-disconnecting-when-screen-locked.html
Relevancy 54.61%

my v3-112p wifi keeps disconnecting and not reconnecting every sooften.i had a ethernet cable plugged in and now i dont the wifi is being weird noticed it yesterday(windows 10)

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/my-v3-112p-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-and-not-reconnecting-every/td-p/441825/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, so basicaly my problem is stated in the title, I've tried everything, disabled the auto channel on router and fixed it on 3-7, checked powersaving and checked wifi card to be used at max performance even on battery, i even enabled ECN and congestion control in win7 and used Wi-fi Optimizer and i still couldn't pin point the issue.
According to it the signal is "Excelent" yet when i need it to be stable it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automatically almost with a pace, i can't tell what may be causing this, i also disabled bluetooth.

Edit: I live in the outskirts and I used Xirrus Wi-fi Inspector to see if there are any other connections that could jam or overlap and mine is the only one, so it's not that.

A:Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automaticaly

[guess]
Have you checked power and heat? If it is dropping under load it could be either one.

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586197/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-automaticaly/
Relevancy 54.61%

Having incredibly frustrating and confusing issue. Sometimes when I am using the internet, totally randomly with no ping spike or anything before happening, my PC will disconnect from my wireless network. The symbol goes from the connected wifi symbol to the one with the star - it can still see my network but for some reason has chosen to disconnect itself. It does not affect anyone else in the house or my phone or my laptop next to me. It will try and fail to reconnect a few times before eventually reconnecting, but it's incredibly slow during this process and frustrating to watch, by which time whatever game I was playing I can't reconnect to. It's actually faster for me to restart my entire PC because of my SSD. Troubleshooting/resetting the adapter seems to make no difference.
Why is this happening? Please help me

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67213-pc-keeps-disconnecting-wifi-although-network-remains-available.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I purchased my Spectre x2 in May. When I tried to download Microsoft Office or iTunes updates the WiFi connection times out and I get an error saying this.  It is not a Router issue as I have an iPad and my family has three other laptops on the WiFi and they do not get the disconnection issue. I have to go into networks and disconnect and then re connect to use the internet. It will still time out after about 10 minutes.I have updated the driver on the WiFi network card under Device Manager. Please advise how I can fix this issue.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Spectre-X2-WIFI-disconnecting-timing-out/td-p/5749637