Windows Support Forum

Windows Network Speed Issue

Q: Windows Network Speed Issue

Ok so I have been fighting this issue for days with no luck I'll provide as much information as I can and hopefully someone may know a fix or at least some more steps I can take in fixing this issue This is a home user Sky Fiber using Sky's router at Issue Network Speed Windows just over Mbps download His LAN consists of Windows laptop Windows PC iPhones Windows Network Speed Issue Windows laptop - speedtest net shows consitant download speeds of - Mbps Iphones - speedtest net shows consitant download speeds of - Mbps Windows PC - speedtest net shows - Mbps download although at random times during the day can reach - Mbps not often The windows PC was previously Windows when this issue started From the begining on Windows - I upgraded network adapter drivers to the latest version updated bios amp chipset drivers to latest versions with no change I performed virus malware scans and found the PC to have a fair few viruses and malware I did numerous removals with no change Safe mode with networking worked fine At this point I decided it may be a very nasty Virus Trojan Rootkit of somekind that is evading the anti-virus malware programs He had Windows and was looking to upgrade his machine anyway so we though it would be a good time to format the drive and do a fresh Windows install Windows - installed the latest drivers chipset networking adapter graphics card etc and still no change Speed still around - Mbps ocassionaly hitting the expected speed of - Mbps but not very often Safe mode with networking still working fine At this point I'm thinking a driver issue Tried with a wired connection no difference tried taking the wireless adapter out of the machine unistalling the drivers and then testing wired connection same issue Tried disabling IPv same issue Tried turning off the option - allow the computer to turn off this device same issue Tried changing the local computer policy that resevers bandwidth - forgot the actual name - however no change Tried with Windows firewall off and A V off no change All the while it is working in safe mode with networking Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-F A XM-HD Wireless Adapter - Edimax EW- Pin V Has a Realtek chip Wireless Adapter Driver - Realtek RTL CE Wireless Lan n PCI-E NIC Driver Date Driver Version So any help with trying to resolve the issue would be much appreciated a question in my mind is that if the safe mode drivers work fine could I use these drivers in normal mode Assuming the drivers are at fault Kind regards Tom

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Network Speed Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Network Speed Issue

Hi to BC,

If you do a clean boot does it work as expected?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539668/windows-network-speed-issue/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 60.2%

An application we use to run reports runs application over Speed Network Issue one with very slowly A Speed Issue over Network with one application couple of years ago I had this Speed Issue over Network with one application same problem and figured out it had to do with my hubs which were still running I changed my hubs for HP gig switches Speed Issue over Network with one application changed my ethernet cards in the pc s to gig cards Everything worked great Reports that took minutes were now down to minutes Here is my problem I recently added an IP phone system and had to change my switches because the ones I had did not meet the specs for the phone system I added gig Extreme switches with power over the switches which was needed for the new phone system Since we did this the speed for reports has gone from minutes to minutes not as bad as it had been but still bad Testing that has been done I have run cat cable from the workstation into the HP switch which had been running fine and left the phone on the Extreme switch which is needed for the phone to work We tried running reports after hours when there was no traffic over the network When this was done there were only people in the office Still took the minutes or so Please help nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Using all available win previews and now the official public release I have had mbps speeds on my LAN til yesterday when I Finally network fixed my issue. speed set jumbo frames to ON and k size I didn't try any other I just used the largest BAM My full normal gigabit speeds are back once again I find myself dumb founded as to what Microsoft has done to a working network architecture to break it so badly that shares speed and availability are Finally fixed my network speed issue. now nearly broke NEVER have I ever had to use jumbo frames on any PC or OS in fact doing so previously has made zero difference in throughput i love windows for what they did but it's actually worse than windows on many levels I won't go back to Win yet if at all I am just baffled why they did what they did for the home and pro versions Sure make enterprise have a newish type of network architecture because businesses are going to do a complete review due up all of their PCs way home user is going to do one they're going to use Windows be immediately turned off because the networking doesn't work very well if it all

A:Finally fixed my network speed issue.

Still strange, though, as my adapter has Jumbo Frames disabled and it runs 1Gig no sweat.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/13618-finally-fixed-my-network-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi My name is Nick and I've been searching for an issue similiar to mine with a solution with no luck I'll say first that I am an IT speed Network solution - find issue Can't professional and can't figure out the cause to the problem Any help is greatly appreciated Here's the situation I'm in I had been getting Network speed issue - Can't find solution computer crashed for about the last week Couldn't fix the issue software-wise so I Network speed issue - Can't find solution reformatted hoping it was not a hardware issue and so far it seems to have worked On the same day of reformatting my wireless router failed and I bought a new one I've set up the new router set up my newly reformatted computer BUT I'm having download speed issues I am using an Edimax wireless nano-usb adapter with the drivers installed Everytime I unplug and replug the adapter in my network speed is normal testing with DSL reports at around mb down After a few minutes my speed goes extremely down and stays down to around - mbs sometimes down to kb I have identical Edimax wireless adapters desktop PCs and laptop all on Windows The other desktop with the Edimax adapter is working fine with normal speed of about mb The laptop is working fine aswell with it's built-in wifi I've put my Edimax adapter in the other desktop and it works fine I've put the other desktop's adapter in my computer and the same issue happens I've tried to put the adapter in different USB ports on my desktop and the same issue keeps happening Normal speed for a few min down to slow speed after that I'm really struggling to see what could be causing such an issue I feel like I've eliminated all possibilities I'm on a clean format with network driver installed I've done a safe boot and the same issue happens I've tried different adapters differen't usb ports The only thing I haven't tried is a wired connection because I don't have that option - I'll have to run a line from my router to a switch to my computer tomorrow to see if anything changes but I can't leave the line laying across the house Any help would be GREATLY appreciated I'm banging my head against the desk Thanks -Nick

A:Network speed issue - Can't find solution

Other technical specs whether relevant or not -

Windows 7 Home Premium clean format
Asus P6T Mobo
6 GB DDR3 1333 RAM OC @ approx 1700
i7 920 2.66GHz OC @ 4.1 GHz
Radeon HD 7850
Antec 650W PSU
Sata II HD
Edimax 150Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n Nano USB Adapter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-speed-issue-cant-find-solution-655175.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am new to this board but I am at a loss with my issue I recently upgraded to Windows from Windows Speed Download 8.1 Issue Windows and Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue am having problems with downloads This may or may not be a JDownloader issue but Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue maybe you can help none the less Ever since the upgrade I have not reached my previous download speeds I am using JDownloader I have a mbps fiber internet connection I am getting according to SpeedTest Before the upgrade I was getting - mbps download speeds but now I am only getting up to to kbps download speeds One thing Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue I have noticed is that the more files I am downloading the faster the speeds simultaneous downloads reaches up to kbps total but one download will only reach to kbps I have adjusted the Connections and the Simultaneous downloads to no avail Whether it may be JDownloader or a Windows issue I would be thankful for any advice pointing me in the right direction Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue

Have you tried upgrading your network card driver ?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36259-windows-8-1-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I purchased 10? Windows Dell issue? XPS 13..speed/RAM and received my Dell XPS 13..speed/RAM issue? Windows 10? new DELL XPS I intel laptop two days ago I opted for gb RAM and SSD I was torn between this and the macbook pro for university I have never had apple and decided to stick with microsoft just for ease of use with onedrive and what I know I have always heard negative things about windows but have had a chromebook up until now After researching Dell's laptop I thought surely a gb RAM and SSD would mean I would not have any issues unfortunately after onyl two days of using it I am getting slow responses Some examples just clicking on cortana it seems to crash occassionaly I opened a rd tab on Microsoft edge and the screen lagged and crashed for - seconds Opened a PDF from gmail which had pages laptop froze for seconds Opening microsoft word takes way too long and loads for a while My internet is fine IMO is this the laptop Windows or a mixture of both I really thought a laptop of this quality should manage to run windows with no issues Has anyone got any ideas Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/dell-xps-13speedram-issue-windows-10-4603600/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm looking to buying a wireless router. My desktop however will be directly pluged into the router. So will my download speed etc... be faster on the draft N rather then then the G? or will they both be the same exact speed?

A:Wired speed on wireless network G and N...any speed difference?

depends on what models your looking at. If they are both 10/100 then you should get the same wired performance from both animals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-speed-on-wireless-network-g-and-n-any-speed-difference.723209/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi this is my first time here so id like to apologize in advance if the querry lack technical explaination of the issue i got a ZTE 3G dongle model MF668A it works fine with xp computer but when i install it in windows vista home premium, eventhough it installs and connects with no issues however incredibly slow even the speedtest website doesnt open

it seems something is blocking the connection....

also there is a mircroSD slot inbuit in the dongle which reads a 1GB card on xp however vista is not detecting the same.....

please help how can i resolve this problem....???

A:3G Dongle slow speed issue windows vista home premium

Welcome PopPoPpoP, I have searched for a result that works but am unable to find one. Without any details of your Motherboard and hardware using, i can only assume that somehow a firmware program is not working as it should. Post details of your computer using for a better chance of me finding out what is wrong. Thanks for using this forum for your connection issues.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/292921-3g-dongle-slow-speed-issue-windows-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My spooling speed is extremely slow over the wireless network to my hardwired network printer. If I hardwire my laptop the docs print instantly. What can I do to fix this problem?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/64869-windows-8-slow-spooling-speed-wired-network-printer.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi
so I had windows 32 bit os and want 64 bit on an oem computer but couldn't then I found out I could do it on windows 10 via media creation tool so when i upgrade to windows 10 it said network connections available but none were showing up, and an error message saying could not reconnect all networks drivers.
since then ive installed the windows 10 version of my network driver and still no luck ...

Relevancy 46.44%

First of all let me say Hello as this is my first post here My name is Alex Now to the point of the post I installed Windows RTM from MSDN when it got out not sure about the build number but Issue 7 Windows Network it is RTM My problem is that it has this nasty bug as far as I can see I use uTorrent for file sharing and so on but when the bandwidth gets max'ed Windows 7 Network Issue out my connection with the router dies Before you jump out with conclusions and some questions I must add that the router is perfectly set-up using WPA -PSK connecting computers in total I did not have this issue on XP Pro I did not have this issue in Vista SP SP but I do have it on RTM Ultimate I do own another laptop with Vista no SP installed and it acts the same sometimes but not as often as this PC does The only solution so far was to restart the router keep it offline for secs then turn the power back on Then the router resends IP info and so on and the PC's internet connection works again My drivers are properly installed and are certified and so on So as far as I can see there is a bug with or something I thought it was because of the max half-open connection settings but as far as I can see my build has no limitations only the RCs had so there's nothing I can do there UAC is turned off so is every firewall except for the router's which is perfectly set-up I do not know what to do more IPv is also checked out as I read on another forum that it could be problem and also the solution for others This only happens when using P P programs as far as I can tell because when I download upload something via FTP clients or Firefox even it doesn't go offline This is some weird behaviour I also sent an e-mail to Microsoft telling them about this and they simply replied that my version is beta I did add the fact that my version is RTM which I remember that stands for 'Release to Manufacturing' which could mean it's a final of sorts but they haven't replied ever since totally ignoring the issue they did tell me that in the RTM this problem was solved - but I couldn't find a single person saying that the final versions of the RC had this bug anymore and still the RTM has it I have also read that first Vista RTM had this problem as well and it was solved in SP but the fact is that Microsoft does not emphasize on this matter did not release any separate fix or info all they say is that if you install SP to Vista then you need not worry anymore It is annoying to have issues and especially pressing issues like this one I simply can't stand it anymore as I can not even browse the net sometimes because of this bug or whatever it is Any help is appreciated Thanks Alex PS I do not know if this post should be in General Discussion or Software but I posted it here in discussions for starters If I was wrong with that please move it LE I must emphasize on the fact that the computer is perfectly set-up firewall turned off and all auto-exceptions removed and such so the firewall doesn't interfere anymore with the connections this thing with the firewall is something else that bothers me why give the user the option to disable it if you still keep it on auto-configure and so on Some things are simply bad implementations - especially for people that KNOW how to operate a PC and set it up uTorrent settings are perfect port forwarding is perfect antivirus is set-up perfectly and so on I am only saying this because the problem MUST be from Windows Another thing to add is that the problem doesn't occur under a pattern Sometimes my connection is online even if the bandwidth is max'ed out and stays online for hours and sometimes it disconnects every secs which makes it worse in trying to find the actual source I only hope someone can help

A:Windows 7 Network Issue

1. open your network and sharing.
2. locate the connection set by Win7 on install. (they do it automatically).
3. DELETE this connection - DELETE ok,
4. move to setup a NEW connection. manually setup.
once the connection is set. wait until it finds and sets so that your online.
average time is less than 2 min.
5. once you have a good connection.
REBOOT.
That should cure your problem. also your P2P programs should ask to be reset.

PS: Make sure you have the patch to allow x86 to run 4GB Ram

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/26437-windows-7-network-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an issue where I had 3 windows machines, 2 Windows 10 and 1 Windows 7 all on the same network.
Before I clean installed Windows 10 on one of the machines because Cortana was not working every thing was fine.

You could access files from any machine on any machine. Now from the machine I have reinstalled windows 10 I cannot access files on any of the other machines.

I have spent hours trying virtually everything suggested on the internet to resolve this error and I am getting nowhere.

The error I am getting is

Error Code 0x80070035
The network path was not found

Can somebody suggest a service who can remote logon to my machine to get this fixed.

I have to get this resolved ASAP

Regards

Desmond

A:Windows 10 Network Issue

The answer would be no on who to recommend. That is why you are here. First off, just because "Cortana", which used to be Windows/Microsoft Search. You did not have to reinstall windows for something that can be fixed. As for the networking problem, you have not been making any changes to the registry or turning off services have you?

That problem you are having is usually related to third party Internet Security software that is incorrectly set up.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35782-windows-10-network-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there,

I'm currently connected to the internet via cable, but I keep getting these damn errors when I run this OS. I did everything I could find on the 'interwebs', but nothing seems to work. Packet loss is at about 10%, ping between 100 and 500.

The Internet Connections looks down, but I'm online as I type this.

Updated the network driver, I've cleared, reseted and God knows what else the network adapter. Still nothing.

I'm attaching 3 print screens of this errors.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

----

Excuse my English, not my main language.

A:Windows 7 Network Issue

Go to Device Manager and uninstall ALL networking devices -
START | type devmgmt.msc |"view" tab " click on "show hidden devices" | expand "network.." tab | uninstall all devices

Windows will reinstall upon boot-up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-network-issue-544247.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I made a few hardware changes to my computer and the build now looks like this:
AMD - x2-7750 black edition
Mobo - M3N78-VM

I formatted the drive and a fresh install of windows 7. When the computer starts up for the first time, all the drivers install properly but in the bottom left, i have a message saying: unidentified network - no network access.

I have searched around online for possible solutions and here is what i have done so far:
- uninstall network driver and restart computer
- made sure my internet protocol V4 is set to obtain ip automatically
- reinstall windows 7
- installing drivers for m3n78-vm manually

I have no idea where to go from here, if anyone has any ideas i would be happy to hear it.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have two Dells - an XPS that is one year old and a laptop XPS Studio years old both running Windows Ultimate bit Up until last week I had wireless internet access provided through a Netgear Wireless modem router I decided to upgrade and bought a Network 7/Issue Windows with Key Fritx Box WLAN and followed intstructions to install The situation now is if I right click on the network icon bottom right of screen I can see Fritz box connection and it says its connected - there are two such connections These were Windows 7/Issue with Network Key connected via pressing the WLAN button on the modem router as every time I entered the WLAN number on the bottom of the router I got the message that it was an incorrect network key If I open up networking centre it shows Home network and a public network Both show connections to Fritx Box At the top the Icons show my computer the XPS PC- RHAOFFICE below connected to icon in middle but a x across the connection Windows 7/Issue with Network Key to the internet when I click on the X to connect it asks for the WLAN number which when in put it doesn t accept same error I ve run the ping commands that you have suggested elsewhere and the results are as follows below Note Network Connection seems to be data for my previous modem which is not connected as is the first tunnel connection Gateway wire The last tunnel connection I have no idea what it is I m hoping you can help I am posting this from my work PC so won t be able to try anything out but if you can post some suggestions I can try them tonight thanks in advance Its driving me nuts Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Heather gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Windows 7/Issue with Network Key Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Heather gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Heather gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- RHAOFFICE lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered RHAOFFICE lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- RHAOFFICE lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered RHAOFFICE lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- RHAOFFICE lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered RHAOFFICE lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache C Users Heather gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name RHAOffice Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List fritz box Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E-E - -A -EE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB A dapter Physical Address - E- A-EE- C- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a f e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AE-FF- -A -BA-DB-FB- E- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix fritz... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-issue-with-network-key.1006716/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone,

I am having problems with windows XP SP2 connected to windows server 2003.
The workstation has joined the network domain and everything seems to be connected properly.

However, When I click on my network places, i cannot browse through the network. I have to manually map to each drive.

Also, it`s impossible to ping myself from the same workstation as well from other PCs on the same network.

All other workstations are running on Windows 2000 SP4.

Does it have anything to do with XP SP2 security settings ??

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-sp2-network-issue.40432/
Relevancy 46.01%

Just today I decided to download the Windows consumer preview and setup my PC to dual boot with it I am running Windows home premium bit and the bit windows on my other partition After setting up a separate partition on my harddrive and loading windows to this partition I was all up and running I had no problems setting up or running windows the problem came when I booted back to windows for the first time When I booted into windows I was getting the quot unable to identify network quot error and no network connectivity First thing I tried was simply disable enabling my network adapter thinking it was just some hiccup No luck there Next I pulled the power from my router and let it completely reboot Still no luck I then shut down my pc and booted back into windows 8 with windows boot after setting dual network up 7 Solved: Windows issue and sure enough I am able to get internet connectivity when I am running windows This got me to thinking that when I loaded windows there may be some new drivers installed for my network card that are somehow causing issues when I load into windows again Not sure how this is possible I was under the understanding that when I loaded Win to the separate partition that it would keep all it s drivers and settings there and not effect anything when I was loaded back on windows This logic could be completely wrong I don t know So I rebooted and loaded back into windows went Solved: Windows 7 network issue after setting up dual boot with windows 8 into device manager and uninstalled both network adapters and drivers and rebooted into windows again so it could re-discover and setup the network cards with default windows drivers This did not work either and I am still getting the same error I am curious if anyone has any suggestions or any idea what may be going on to cause this If not I will likely remove the partition and windows from my machine since it seems pretty clear that it has to be the culprit for my issues Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 network issue after setting up dual boot with windows 8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-network-issue-after-setting-up-dual-boot-with-windows-8.1043641/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have been having this issue for a month now and have not been able to find a solution I have a desktop with bit windows ultimate installed and a laptop with bit windows home premium installed I have never had an issue networking my computers Windows Issue Local Network that I haven t been able to solve All I want to do is share files between the two computers open windows explorer and type gdesktop and access files folders that I have set to be Windows Local Network Issue shared From my desktop I have no issues accessing files on my laptop However when I try to access files on my desktop from my laptop I get the following error GDESKTOP is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission The specified network provider name is invalid I am never asked for a user name and password this error immediately pops up I have tried disabling firewalls and antivirus on both machines I have ran windows trouble shooters on both machines with no help On my laptop I can see the desktop in the homegroup but I cannot access any files Also if I click on network in windows explorer I can see my desktop but again I cannot access any files Any help would be greatly appreciated I have googled and tried everything that I could find with no success nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hey

I have a problem with windows 10.
In windows 7 when I mapped drive I could send script to my program and say "open file > x:/folder/file.exe"

In windows 10 I have to go and do "open file > //192.168.1.5/x/folder/file.exe"

This is causing HUGE issues with lots of render softwares and all. As they thing we try to reach website and they throw out an errors saying that its not supported etc etc. I'm talking about multiple software producets etc etc.

How can we change windows 10 path system back to Windows 7 ?

And why the heck did MS even change it ?! Without keeping legacy support FFS.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59063-windows-10-network-path-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Im running windows 7 x64 and just today its started acting up a bit, whenever i boot up or reboot my pc when it loads into windows I cant get any internet at all, the connection shows as connected and gives the correct IP address etc etc however cant load any pages connect to msn messenger etc.

So if i disable the connection and enable it again everything then works as normal, anyone got any ideas? its a realtek PCI card and was working fine up until today.

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-network-connection-issue.153435/
Relevancy 45.58%

The service 'Network Connections' uses up 80% of my CPU whenever I leave it enabled. I have singled it out, and yes, this is the cause. Toggling it off in my msconfig leaves me with an idle PC (0% usage). However, I cannot get internet without 'Network Connections.'
How can I fix it so it doesn't take up so much CPU?
I'm running service pack 3.
Thank you.

NOTE: The process taking up the CPU is svchost.exe, which operates many services, one of which (the offending one) is Network Connections.

Let it also be noted that attempting to access Network Connections from the control panel causes the window to stop responding, warranting a restart of explorer.exe.

A:Windows XP 'Network Connections' Issue

Fixed. The issue was with a corrupted Network Connection name.
[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} is the place in the registry where these names are stored. Under each key, the NAME value should be a Reg_SZ. If it is anything else, then the connection is corrupted and should be deleted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-network-connections-issue.728195/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Guys Need a little advice if you can help Great forum XP BITS Windows Network and Issue by the way I ve got a Dell Optiplex with Windows XP installed which was having the following errors Background Intelligent Transfer Service BITS was corrupted and stopping the service from running It was showing as SystemRoot system qmgr dll - Managed to repair the service but after rebooting it became corrupted again Due to this I Windows XP BITS and Network Issue was unable to run windows updates The firewall kept disabling itself when booting into Windows but would then enable itself Windows XP BITS and Network Issue again immediately Wouldn t let me do a system restore As a result of this I rebuilt the PC by re-installing Windows XP and everything has been fine for a few days until the following as occurred Background Intelligent Transfer Service BITS was corrupted Windows XP BITS and Network Issue again and stopping the service from running It is still showing as SystemRoot system qmgr dll - The Network connection is very intermittent and keeps dropping out Still won t let me do a system restore Are these issues hardware related I ve ran a disk check and memory check and everything has come back okay Could it be a registry error I've ran Malwarebytes and AVG and both have come back clean Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Windows XP BITS and Network Issue

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510582/windows-xp-bits-and-network-issue/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi guys I ve been a long time reader here at techspot and I ve got to say i love the website Now for the most part i consider myself pretty familiar with computers and i can handle just about anything as far as computer problems go However this one has me stumped so i figured i could turn to the most knowledgeable computer gurus around So my problem is Windows seems to be dedicating a little over gigs of ram for my wireless card Now this is odd because I ve never heard of a wireless card needing memory dedicated for it let alone gigs card issue network windows Odd 7 worth i can tell Odd windows 7 network card issue it is using it for the wifi card because whenever i have it hooked up to the computer windows tells me i only have gigs of ram available I also know the Odd windows 7 network card issue card works because I ve hooked it up to my brother s rig and he has windows vista -bit and it works fine with no memory being dedicated for it I also notice when the card is connected my computer seems to hang doing just about anything even something as simple as just moving the mouse So any help with this would be much appreciated as it has me baffled so far I ll List a few specs below and i can always provide more if necessary -note I ve already tried updating to the latest drivers and that hasn t helped at all I also had this problem with a linksys wmp n adapter as well OS-Windows business -bit Wifi card- PCE-N gigs of ddr ram intel i cpu nbsp

A:Odd windows 7 network card issue

The comments here indicate others have problems also.
Try uninstalling the drivers and using the Win7 drivers.
You may need to return it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320048

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-windows-7-network-card-issue.153905/
Relevancy 45.58%

This problem is driving me insane I swear I'd fixed it once but now its back to haunt me and I have no idea what causes it It's just so random I've posted a x64 Windows in AGAIN issue Network Unidentified - 7 thread about it here before but had managed to fix the problem What I did to get rid of it was Set quot Speed amp Duplex quot in my adapter properties to a fixed speed in my case it was Mbit Half-Duplex the others didn't work Changed network speed WAN port speed in my router from Mbit Auto to fixed quot Mbit quot That seemed to have done the trick and Unidentified Network issue in Windows 7 x64 - AGAIN everything worked for weeks Today I go out for lunch for minutes and when I come back the connection is gone I reset the adapter - nothing I've tried all the regular stuff again reinstalled the drivers etc reset the router laptop but it still can't find the network It's a disaster as this is my work laptop and I have to be online all the time What on Earth could've happened while I was out The laptop was locked and I always have it locked whenever I leave it so it's absolutely impossible that somebody had messed with my settings I've checked - the router amp adapter settings are still the same but for some reason the settings that had worked for weeks don't work now anymore I'm going mad The problem persists in safe mode and I've tried every Speed amp Duplex setting now - nothing works anymore The adapter doesn't seem to be absolutely dead as it recognises the cable but still can't get on the network Please help me Here is a full list of my adapter settings Any idea what may have caused it to die during sleep in locked mode

A:Unidentified Network issue in Windows 7 x64 - AGAIN

Hello,

Can you do an 'ipconfig /all' please.

Do you have the latest installed drivers? Has Windows updated the drivers whilst you where out?
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217943-unidentified-network-issue-windows-7-x64-again.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a 2 Zebra Label Printers (2 models) that is shared on two separate computers (both with XP) on our networked that is pushed out to all the other computers on the network via group policy on the server (Server 2003). One of these printers will push out to the Windows 7 machine but the other one will not. If you try to add it manually the printer is listed as one of the network printers however it will error, saying it cannot make a connection with an error code of 0x0000007a. Anyone have a solution on how to remedy the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-network-printer-issue.987596/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

When, in Win7, I try to access another computer on my tiny network from left side of the 'Computer' screen, I am asked for a password. I haven't assigned any password--my little network (through a router) doesn't need password security. How do I get rid of all this request for passwords that I never had on other computers with other OSs?

I thank you for your time.

A:Windows 7 network password issue

The required password will be the password used to login to the machine you are trying to access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/36313-windows-7-network-password-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Computer > Dlink Router - Virgin Media Modem

Ive had this issue with two different model routers, so it`s now leading me to believe that i have an issue with windows 7 somehow.

If i reboot my computer, or turn it on from cold boot, I get the issue (SEE ATTACHED THUMBNAILS)

I can resolve the issue by going into network connections, disabling my
Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor
Then re-enabling it again.

this now seems to sync with the router and all is well.

anyone experienced this issue before or know why it is happening?

Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Dell inspiron mini tower that had some apparently critical either net driver deleted. I'm not entirely sure which driver it was or how to get it back. I've tried downloading a few drivers on another machine and then just transferring them to the bad one but it's not working (3 separate ones now). It was working perfectly before this "thing" was accidentally uninstalled.

Device manager gives me a ! next to Ethernet Controller

Any advice on how to diagnose and ultimately fix the problem? It would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Windows 7 network connection issue

There should be a sticker somewhere on your Dell that lists the Service Tag #. If you go to the Dell site and enter that Service Tag, it will list what components you have and which drivers you need. You should be able to find the correct driver that way.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393065/windows-7-network-connection-issue/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have 3 computers, now all with windows 8 pro and media frontend software xbmc. Not all computers are on all the time, when i turn one one and click on xbmc it is set to immediatley go out over my home network and scan for new media added, now that i have windows 8 on all computers, xbmc cant do this because windows 8 is asking me for a network login and password.

I dont want windows 8 asking me for a network login and password, this prevents xbmc from scanning my network media drives for new things that were added or from just accessing them in general.

I have both a homegroup and workgroup setup, xbmc looks for network media via a windows smb share, whatever that is. I have all advanced sharing options set correctly including no password protection.

perhaps is this the issue, does homegroup networking ask for network login and workgroup would not in windows 8?

thanks

A:windows 8 network sharing issue

Originally Posted by tcman50

I have 3 computers, now all with windows 8 pro and media frontend software xbmc. Not all computers are on all the time, when i turn one one and click on xbmc it is set to immediatley go out over my home network and scan for new media added, now that i have windows 8 on all computers, xbmc cant do this because windows 8 is asking me for a network login and password.

I dont want windows 8 asking me for a network login and password, this prevents xbmc from scanning my network media drives for new things that were added or from just accessing them in general.

I have both a homegroup and workgroup setup, xbmc looks for network media via a windows smb share, whatever that is. I have all advanced sharing options set correctly including no password protection.

perhaps is this the issue, does homegroup networking ask for network login and workgroup would not in windows 8?

thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by network login?

Are you talking about the sign in credentials? You can easily set up Windows to sign in automatically. Just go to the run box and type netplwiz this will take you to the Manage Passwords page where you can set it to sign in automatically.

I'm not sure about xbmc's requirements but setting up a Homegroup and having other machines outside the Homegroup but in the Workgroup is the ideal set up for sharing things with select users.

If you can post a screen shot of this problem it would be helpful.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19540-windows-8-network-sharing-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

When my vista (32bit) computer is ON, and my windows 7 (32bit) computer is OFF, the network map feature works, and vice-versa. However, when they're both on, for some odd reason, they both fail to make the network map. I get the standard "An error happened during the mapping process", which doesn't help. Also, the following things are true:No computers are restarting
The vista computer (a laptop) has very good signal strength, and the win7 computer is wired
The computers can see each other when going to the "Network" part in explorer, and they can access each other's shares

So what could be the cause of only the network map messing up?

A:Windows 7 and Vista network map issue

do they share the same name?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174975-windows-7-vista-network-map-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello ,
I am new to the forum , so hello to all . I have searched the forums and the internet in general and can not find an answer to my problem . My problem is , when I boot up Win 8.1 and get to the lock screen , the network icon has the yellow triangle . If I continue , startup programs will not load and I can move around in Windows , but anything I try to open just does not . I have re installed LAN drivers , stopped startup items , and many other suggested actions . If I restart over and over it will eventually "see" the network card and boot normally , and I can get into safe mode and it works . I thank you all for any help ,
Ken

A:Windows 8.1 Network Boot Issue

If safe mode works then I would suspect a third party application causing issues. I would also suspect a firewall or anti-virus application since they can affect network services.

Try to follow this tutorial to troubleshoot what the possible offending application is. Please note that may take some time to complete.

Troubleshoot Problem with Clean Boot in Windows 8

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35458-windows-8-1-network-boot-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi yesterday afternoon my wireless internet all of Windows - network 7 issue Wireless a sudden stopped working I can view the wireless network but when trying to connect to it i get quot Windows was unable to connect to BTHomeHub -SHHS which is my SSID quot Ive tried the obvious restart laptop router unplug router and also press the reset button on the router but no luck Windows 7 - Wireless network issue it works when connecting an Ethernet cable to the laptop and router so my internet is working just the wireless When going to the routers webpage I ve tried changing the wireless interface type from b g n to b g but still no luck Can someone please help not sure what other information you would need but hopefully this is enough Cheers EDIT figured out why it was doing this the arial that i use for my freeview box seems to be interfering with the wireless signal Is there no way i can stop this like changing the channel or something thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 - Wireless network issue

Routers usually default to channel 6.
You might try changing it ot channel 1 or 11.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wireless-network-issue.991421/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm unable to get my network discovery working This is preventing me from connecting to my homegroup and even my printer I can ping the other computers and devices on my network I just can't connect to them Here are all the services currently running Application Experience Background Intelligent Transfer Service Base Filtering Engine Bluetooth Support Service Bonjour Service CNG Key Isolation COM Event System Creative Audio Service Cryptographic Services DCOM Service Process Launcher Desktop Window Manager Session Manager DHCP Client Diagnostic Policy Service Diagnostic Service Host Distributed Link Tracking Client DNS Client Extensible Authentication Protocol Function Discovery Provider Host Function Discovery Resource Publication Group Policy Client Handsfree Headset Service HomeGroup Provider Human Interface Device Access IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules Infrared monitor service IPsec Policy Agent LightScribeService Direct Network Windows Issue Discovery 7 Disc Labeling Service Machine Debug Manager Microsoft Antimalware Service MSI SuperCharger Multimedia Class Scheduler Network Connections Network List Service Network Location Awareness Network Store Interface Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVIDIA Stereoscopic D Driver Service Peer Name Resolution Protocol Peer Networking Grouping Peer Networking Identity Manager Plug and Play PnkBstrA PNRP Machine Name Publication Service Portable Device Enumeration Service Power Print Spooler Program Compatibility Assistant Service Protexis Licensing V Remote Procedure Call RPC RPC Endpoint Manager Security Accounts Manager Server Shell Hardware Detection Skype C C Service Software Protection SQL Server CMJ SQL Server Browser SQL Server VSS Writer SSDP Discovery Superfetch System Event Notification Service Task Scheduler TCP IP NEtBIOS Helper Themes TightVNC Server TomTomHOMEService UMVPFSrv UPnP Device Host User Profile Windows 7 Network Discovery Issue Service VMware Authorization Service VMware DHCP Service VMware NAT Service VMware USB Arbitration Service VNC Server Version Windows Audio Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Windows Connect Now - Config Registrar Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Windows Event Log Windows Firewall Windows Font Cache Service Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant Windows Management Instrumentation Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Windows Modules Installer Windows Search Windows Update WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service WLAN AutoConfig Workstation Yahoo Updater Edit At some point my workgroup changed back to the default Unsure as to what could have caused this Also it seems Windows Firewall was preventing me from connecting to my homegroup and my printer so it's off now Problem fixed

A:Windows 7 Network Discovery Issue

There are various solutions to fix this problem but turning off Windows firewall is definitely not one of them. Turning off Windows firewall leaves your system open to attacks and is something that should never be done under any circumstance.

We can assume that you have network discovery turned on in the Advanced Sharing Settings window. This is a fairly common problem by the way.

network discovery will not stay on - Microsoft Answers

Network Discovery will not stay on or enabled. - Microsoft Answers

Others have fixed the problem by doing this:

I went to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services. I found that SSDP Discovery service was set to "Disabled". I haven't had any reason to change services, so apparently it was set that way by default. After setting the service to "Automatic" and starting it, I was able to set Network Discovery to "on" successfully.

Also make sure to Turn on DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host services.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245320-windows-7-network-discovery-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am running Windows 7 on my PC but I installed Windows 10 Enterprise as a virtual machine using VMWare Player. My Network Adapter setting on VMWare are set to "NAT:Used to share the host's IIP address". This works just fine when I run Ubuntu VM but
does not work when I run Windows 10 VM.

I tried to select other Network Adapter settings e.g. Bridged etc. but no luck. I am not using a static IP but the one assigned automatically seems to be of a private network I.e. 192.168.#.#

I am not really good with networks. I followed a tutorial online to change the startup types of the network settings but that also did not help.

Conclusion: When I run Ubuntu VM on VMWare player with network adapter settings set to NAT, it works. So I think the problem is with Windows 10 network settings, maybe?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b9d5bd1f-2d91-4337-8a46-4e14005b313b/windows-10-unidentified-network-issue?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.58%

Built a new workstation at work.  Installed windows 7 pro and ran windows update.  All of this done in my "lab".

After moving the computer to the workstation, it has no internet access and says unidentified network.  Moved it back to the "lab", and it worked fine.  Moved it back to the workstation and the problem is still there.

It replaced an older Dell with windows xp pro.  I connected the Dell back up and it works fine.  DHCP is running.

I also grabbed a windows 7 pro laptop and tried the hardwire connection, and I got the same unidentified network with no internet access.

Anyone have a experience with this??  This has got me pulling my hair out.

A:Windows 7 unidentified network issue

You may need to assign a homegroup/workgroup to the Win7 PCs, ... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-is-the-difference-between-a-domain-a-workgroup-and-a-homegroup .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543682/windows-7-unidentified-network-issue/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

but DOS is fine, can ping and resolve addys in DOS. All windows apps, i.e, mail and even new ones installed, moxilla....cannot hit the stack.

This friends 98 fe machine has tons of files and such so am trying to avoid a wipe.

disinfected and removed about 1000 virus files courtesy of Kazaa and is now is all clean, also lots of spyware and the darn Enternet DLS app.

Have deinstalled all network and allowed rediscovery and binding... Also used the XP set up a network option to check files.

SO any ideas, Dos window pings to names and addresses works fine. Nothing in Windows works to the net.

Have used a few registry checkers but have not paid for one as Im not sure if they will help.

Relevancy 45.15%

We have a generic computer with an ASUS motherboard in my office that has Windows 7 on it and it's having network connection issues. It will store the network username and password but access to the server share folder is VERY slow. Even if I don't store the network password I still have the same issue. Minimum of 5-10 seconds to open even empty folders.

I've installed a second hard drive on the computer and installed a fresh version of Windows XP on it and the network connection works perfect.

I've installed fresh versions of Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit on the first hard drive and both have the slow network issue. I've also tried a new network card and still have the same issue.

I've not yet installed any antivirus and turned off Windows firewall with no success. There are also no other startup programs running since these are fresh installs.

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a wirelss network at the house. I am runnig Windows 8.1 on one computer and Vista business edition on another. There are others in th family on the same netwrk. My problem. I have turned on Password protection on both systems under the network ang sharing options. I want for anybody who is on the network to have to provide a user name and password before they can gain access. From the 8.1 system, when I try to acess the Vista system is *** for a uer name nad pasword. Great. However, fro the Vista system to the 8,1 I can not seem to get it to ask for a username and pasword. Help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-1-vista-network-sharing-issue.1149936/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having an issue at my place of work with a laptop Background information We Windows (WIFI involved) network issue have an MPLS network between each office so we are on the same network Each office has a Server Domain Controller Windows network issue (WIFI involved) that runs a DHCP server providing that office with IP addresses So one office has a x Windows network issue (WIFI involved) IP and another office may have a x IP We have static Windows network issue (WIFI involved) persistent routes setup on the domain controllers in each office to force anything going to the other xx xx office to go out the MPLS router address of xx Every office has a variety of Linksys WRT G model routers all setup the same for SSID wireless security and such and are just used as access points instead of routers My problem is that I sent a laptop from the x network over to the x network and am unable to ping said laptop Cannot ping from that offices Domain Controller or my machine I cannot ping the netbios name or the IP address I looked in the Windows DHCP server Address Leases and that laptop has a record and an IP The logged in user is only a Domain User so they cannot run ipconfig release or renew or repair their wifi connection The user is however able to connect to our terminal server in another office the one I am trying to ping from just fine I have done the following to try resolving this issue Reboot the machine Disable Re-Enable the wifi on this Dell laptop using FN F Run ipconfig flushdns then reboot There is no firewall between the offices on the MPLS network There is no Windows firewall enabled on the wireless adapter Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-network-issue-wifi-involved.721940/
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear Community I have an issue with my Windows Firewall From time to time my internet connection fails The connection tells me that there are outgoing packets but I cannot receive any packets To fix the problem I have to disable the network connection entirely disable the firewall for the public profile my network is Windows Firewall network connectivity issue set as public re-enable the network connection and Windows Firewall network connectivity issue then I can re-enable the firewall Simply setting all inbound and outbound connections to allow doesn't fix the problem only setting the firewall state to quot off quot does Windows Firewall network connectivity issue If the bug happens and I do not disable the firewall the network connection does not identify I had the same bug with another router and a different connection type so I'm fairly sure it's only related to the firewall It almost seems like some sort of security feature going bonkers and cutting off the network It happens much more often when watching youtube videos Thanks in advance for any help on that matter Regards Spock

A:Windows Firewall network connectivity issue

Please download VEW by Vino Rosso http://images.malwareremoval.com/vino/VEW.exe
and save it to your desktop.
Double click it to start it Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will need to right click the file and select Run as administrator and click Continue or Allow at the User Account Control Prompt.
Click the check boxes next to Application and System located under Select log to query on the upper left
Under Select type to list on the right click the boxes next to Error and Warning Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 also click the box next to Critical (not XP).
Under Number or date of events select Number of events and type 20 in the box next to 1 to 20 and click Run
Once it finishes it will display a log file in notepad
Please copy and paste its entire contents into your next reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/350189-windows-firewall-network-connectivity-issue.html
Relevancy 45.15%

We're trying to push a custom image via WDS to a new batch of Lenovo T460S laptops. Whenever we boot into Windows PE x64 (Win 10) there is no available network connection. I downloaded the Lenovo T460S Windows 10 image and injected those drivers into my boot.wim file. I also injected the ethernet drivers for T460S downloaded from the Lenovo site. Still no network available.Has anyone successfully used Windows PE with this laptop model, and which network drivers did you use? Many thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460S-Windows-PE-Network-Driver-Issue/td-p/3441813
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello guys Been looking though several forums now and tried several so called solutions but nothing fixed my problem So I hope you will be able to solve this problem for me Two days ago my connection to the internet went down I went to look at the router modem which told me that it was from my ISP s end I Windows Network 7 Unidentified issue Another - Solved: shut down the computer and went to bed Today I plugged in my new graphic card and turned on the computer and I no longer have a connection Router Modem blinks fine and the wireless is working just fine currently from which I m posting this thread This is what I ve done so far Uninstalled Bonjour and every single Apple connected program Switched back to my old graphic card to test whether that was causing some kind of problem Deactivated IVP Reinstalled Windows bit Resetted BIOS with the pin switching and im still a helpless fellow with no internet on my desktop Router modem Netgear CVG G Network adapter nForce i Motherboard Asus P N-e sli Hope you can will help me nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have small network that in in a domain with windows server 2012R2 DCs. When I upgraded one workstation and did clean install on another desktop to the 1511 version of Windows 10, most of my computers in the network do not show up in the network area of windows explorer. I can connect to them by entering the URL, and all network devices and computers pings normally. When I use a script to find network master browser, I get message master browser not found, election probably is in process. I have computers in network with windows 7 and windows 8 and they have normal network browsing and can find the master browser. Windows 10 computers before 1511 also worked normally.

A:Windows 10 1511 Network Browsing Issue

Are you sure you have joined the domain? If you haven't connected to the domain, but you are on the same network, this would explain your issues. Right-click on This Computer and select Properties. Then click on Change Settings next to computer name and then click Network ID and proceed as appropriate.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/31221-windows-10-1511-network-browsing-issue.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,

Was having an issue here and was hoping someone could offer some assistance.

I have a Linux Box (debian) running with Samba installed and hosting a network share.

I can access the share on a 2 Windows XP machines, a windows Vista machine, AND a modded Xbox with Xbox media center with SMB support. However, for some reason, windows 7 comes up with an error box when I try to connect and says

Quote:
\\10.0.0.1

More Data is available.

10.0.0.1 being my sharebox/router.

I went into gpedit.msc and then to "Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options" and selected a variety of the choices here but none seem to do the trick

A:Samba network share issue with Windows 7

I do have probleme to with a file server under Debian R4 avec Samba.

All work pretty fine with Vista (dual-boot) and from a Xbox with XBMC But from Seven Beta it's really slow and totally unusable.
File explorer freeze each time I navigate intoo file folder that are on the network Drive.
And the copy of video file is pretty impossible.
After few try the connexion is lost but I can still access the serveur via webmin or putty but it can be laggy.

I really don't understand what's goning wrong. I had some similar problem at the beginning with Vista but not at this level !!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3737-samba-network-share-issue-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi People,

We Been having these issue for About 1 year now,

We have a network of 5 vista machines, 3 xp machine, 7 voip phone and 1 network printer.

The internet of all 3 windows xp machine keeps on dropping once everyday, removing the ethernet cable and putting the cable back doesn't help it, restarting the system doesn't help it, refreshing the ip doesn't, restarting the router either,

the only way I found to give them internet again is to manually set the ip and dns configuration daily.

If somebody out there has experience these same issues,

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Pablo

A:Windows xp and vista Network/internet issue

Do all 3 XP machines lose internet connectivity at the same time, or even within 10 or 15 minutes of each other?

Are the XP machines plugged into the same switch/router as the Vista boxes, the VoiP device, and the printer?

Does moving the cables around at the switch/router end make any difference as to which machines/devices experience these connectivity losses? In other words, if you plug a Vista box into the same switch port where an XP machine was previously connected, and vice versa, will the Vista client now develop the same issue instead of XP?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/223058-windows-xp-vista-network-internet-issue.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this correctly A few months ago we upgraded our modem router and got the Cisco DPC Our internet provider is Cox Communications We have several laptops in our home and connect to our WiFi with our smartphones fine However my laptop is unable to identify this new modem router The only way I am able to connect is to be directly connected through a ethernet cable I think that is what it is called It looks like a yellow phone cable I'm not very technologically savvy All I know is that this issue arose after we upgraded to this new Cisco modem-router Previously with our old router modem I was able to connect to the wireless just fine The antivirus software on my laptop is Avast Attached is 7) Unidentified Issue: Wireless (Windows Network a screen capture of my ipconfig when I am not connected by the ethernet cable as well as my ipconfig when I am connected second screen capture Any help is greatly appreciated Edit Attached is my Xirrus log as well I hope I am doing this all correctly Thank you everyone in advance

A:Wireless Issue: Unidentified Network (Windows 7)

Quote: Originally Posted by lovelygarden

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. A few months ago, we upgraded our modem/router and got the Cisco DPC 3825. Our internet provider is Cox Communications. We have several laptops in our home and connect to our WiFi with our smartphones fine. However, my laptop is unable to identify this new modem/router. The only way I am able to connect is to be directly connected through a ethernet cable (I think that is what it is called? It looks like a yellow phone cable?).

I'm not very technologically savvy. All I know is that this issue arose after we upgraded to this new Cisco modem-router. Previously, with our old router/modem, I was able to connect to the wireless just fine.

The antivirus software on my laptop is Avast!

Attached is a screen capture of my ipconfig when I am not connected by the ethernet cable, as well as my ipconfig when I am connected (second screen capture). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Attached is my Xirrus log as well. I hope I am doing this all correctly. Thank you everyone in advance.

Ok, you have the tunnel adaptor problem which is nothing new.

To get rid of all those extra adaptors which is the cause of the connection problem you will need to run the file below which should delete all those extra adaptors.

There is a 32 and 64 bit version, you need to extract the file you need for your system "32 or 64 bit" and run the file then reboot.

It may require a reboot and a couple of tries to get rid of them all. Post the ipconfig/all again after you do that.

You will definitely want to update the firmware on this new router so as to make it compatible with your lap top which should prevent the problem from occurring again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308329-wireless-issue-unidentified-network-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I faced a strange issue on wireless network configuration after doing a clean install of Windows I succeeded to find a workaround that maybe helpfull for others but I am still interested to read an explanation of this issue So as indicated above I made a clean install of windows pro on a brand new PC I built up myself featuring a Gigabyte Wifi BT with 8.1 Windows Wireless network configuration issue PCI-e card GC-WB D After the install the wifi connection from my home router was immediately detected and I saw the icon and indication on the bottom right of the screen quot network available quot then I right click on it and a bar on the left of my screen appeared I click in the side bar on the network icon I was willing to connect and I was prompted to enter my login and password rather than the wifi security key so of course the connection to my home wifi network failed as the security Wireless network configuration issue with Windows 8.1 key was never configured for this connection I opened up the network and sharing center to find a menu item to configure my connection by keying th security key without success I worked around this Wireless network configuration issue with Windows 8.1 issue by creating a new connection using Wireless network configuration issue with Windows 8.1 the same SSID of the connection already detected automatically by windows as there is a field in this menu to enter the security key Any explanation

A:Wireless network configuration issue with Windows 8.1

Originally Posted by riton72

Hello,

I faced a strange issue on wireless network configuration after doing a clean install of Windows 8.1.
I succeeded to find a workaround that maybe helpfull for others but I am still interested to read an explanation of this issue.
So as indicated above, I made a clean install of windows 8.1 pro on a brand new PC I built up myself featuring a Gigabyte Wifi/BT PCI-e card (GC-WB300D) . After the install, the wifi connection from my home router was immediately detected and I saw the icon and indication on the bottom right of the screen "network available" then I right click on it and a bar on the left of my screen appeared. I click in the side bar on the network icon I was willing to connect and I was prompted to enter my login and password rather than the wifi security key so of course the connection to my (home) wifi network failed as the security key was never configured for this connection. I opened up the network and sharing center to find a menu item to configure my connection by keying th security key without success. I worked around this issue by creating a new connection using the same SSID of the connection already detected automatically by windows as there is a field in this menu to enter the security key.
Any explanation ?

Are you using a Windows live ID to sign in with?

Maybe the link will help as I'm not completely sure what the problem might be.

How to Manage Wireless Network Connections & Profiles in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36607-wireless-network-configuration-issue-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Windows has made Issue 11.10) Windows Ubuntu Network (involves 7 me a chain smoker To begin I dual boot Windows and Ubuntu on a custom built computer I use a Belkin Basic Wireless Adapter FD v to connect to my wireless networks I'll have my system specs in a post below since I have to post Windows 7 Network Issue (involves Ubuntu 11.10) in Ubuntu and have to switch between operating systems This is the situation I'm facing Abound to days ago I started noticing a Windows 7 Network Issue (involves Ubuntu 11.10) significant decrease in my internet bandwidth speed while using Windows I thought Windows 7 Network Issue (involves Ubuntu 11.10) nothing of it since I live with other roommates and I figured they were watching Netflix downloading gaming etc Soon after that my connection dropped entirely although all my roommates my Android phone and Ubuntu could connect to the network we have It seemed I was the only one having this problem I would also like to say my roommates use everything from Windows Mac OS X Windows Vista iOS and Android OS My first instinct was to reboot computer unplug wireless adapter plug back in update latest drivers for wireless adapter The next step should have been to reboot the modem and router unfortunately we pay for internet through our landlord and I had no access to the router until the weekend was over So I repeated the previous steps and added in removing my settings for the network and re-applying those settings removing them again and then trying to connect letting it set itself up No luck Before this I had planned to re-install Windows so I went ahead and did a complete Windows re-install That went fine but I still could not connect and Ubuntu and everything else could Sunday came around and this problem spread throughout the house No one could connect And then Monday came the landlord rebooted the router Nothing happened same problem But later in the day everyone could connect again Except for me Eventually I could connect to my home network in Ubuntu but not Windows same original problem ALTHOUGH I could connect to another network on Windows using the SAME PASSWORD but the strength of the network was lower Now the password is set up by my landlord who has no tech knowledge whatsoever It was chore to convince her re-booting the router and modem was ok So this is what I'm faced with Win cannot connect to quot Network A quot using quot Password quot but Ubuntu and other devices can with no problem Help

A:Windows 7 Network Issue (involves Ubuntu 11.10)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
System Manufacurer & Model: Intel DG33TL
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Display Device: NVidia GeForce 8600 GT

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-network-issue-involves-ubuntu-11-10-a-632989.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Mod Edit Moved to Am I Infected from WIN boopmeHey I've just started - Network Windows 10 Issue Ethernet Connection to have this issue I assume it's got to do with DNS servers perhaps or Ipv or Ipv but I have no idea how I can resolve this I have uninstalled and removed the network driver times to ensure it wasn't the issue I had downloaded a program that was riddled with malware rookie mistake and it happened to do this a day later I assume it's due to the malware I have since cleared my PC from all malware using and checking with rKill MTB JRT and AdwCleaner EDIT Windows 10 Network Connection Issue - Ethernet Ethernet cable is running directly to motherboard Windows 10 Network Connection Issue - Ethernet LAN Port I opted to download the drivers based on the motherboard from ASUS' website because there is not DVD drive in the PC Specs AMD FX- ASUS M A L-M LX V GB DDR RAMAMD R x GB ADATA SSD OS and boot drive TB Seagate HDD Windows PRO -bitMTB LOG MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Peter administrator on - - at Running from E Microsoft Windows Pro Windows 10 Network Connection Issue - Ethernet X Model System Product Name Manufacturer System manufacturer Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Hosts content IP Configuration Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Ethernet Connected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Ethernet forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name DESKTOP-H E C Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - C-AA- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe afe a b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D - B- - -A - C-AA- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap ACED - FE - B - A -D F D BB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server UnKnown Address fec ffff Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again Server UnKnown Address fec ffff Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List a c aa Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link fe On-link fe afe a b On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None Winsock entries Catalog C Windows SysWOW napinsp dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW pnrpnsp dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW pnrpnsp dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW NLAapi dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW winrnr dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock ... Read more

A:Windows 10 Network Connection Issue - Ethernet

None of the scans you ran is capable of removing any malware.  The tools needed to scan for malware or viruses can not be used in the Windows forum.  I will request that this topic be moved to the Am I Infected forum where you can run the scans I've suggested below.  If no malware is found you can request a Moderator to reopen this in the Windows 10 forum.
 Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. 

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  You will see an image like the one below, click on Update Now.  

3)  Click on Settings, you will see a image like the one below.

When Settings opens click on Detection and Protection, then under Non-Malware Protection, click on the down arrow for PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) detections and select Treat detections as malware.  Under Detection Options place a check in the box for Scan for rootkits

4)  Click on Scan (next to Settings), then click on Scan Now.  The scan will automatically run now.

5)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Delete All.

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log in your topic.

Please run TDSSKiller.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

The log for the TDSSKiller can be very long.  If you go to the bottom of the log to where you find Scan finished you will see the results of the scan.  If it shows Detected object count: 0 and Actual detected object count: 0, this means that nothing malicious was found and you will not need to post the log.

1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.

If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.

3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.

4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.
 ***Do NOT select Delete!

Click on Continue.

5.  Click on Reboot computer.

Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.
 Note:  The log may be very long.  You may need to break it into parts to post the whole log.

Post this in your topic.Please run the ESET OnlineScan
This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run
till it is completed.
***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need
to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***ESET Online Scanner
Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do thathere.
Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
Remove found threats
Scan archives
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology

Click Start to begin scanning.
ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
When the scan is done... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628731/windows-10-network-connection-issue-ethernet/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Zebra Label Printers models that are shared printers on two separate computers both with XP on our networked that are pushed out Windows &amp; Issue 7 Network Printer [SOLVED] to all the other computers on the [SOLVED] Windows 7 &amp; Network Printer Issue network via group policy on print management on the server Server One of these printers will push out to the Windows machine but the other one will not If you try to add it [SOLVED] Windows 7 &amp; Network Printer Issue manually on the Windows machine the printer is listed as one of the network printers however it will error saying it cannot make a connection with an error code of x a Looking in Print Management on the server the printer that does push out is on the list of printers and the that does not push out is not even though it is listed in the list of printers under printers and faxes This printer has added to deploy under group policy though and still does not push out to the Windows machines but will to all our XP machines Anyone have a solution on how to remedy the problem

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 &amp; Network Printer Issue

Are you specifically using a driver designed for Windows 7 on the Win7 machines? By default, the print server will push out the driver installed to the client when first connected, so if the driver being used is for XP or 2003, it may not work properly under Win7. That error message means "ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER", which would indicate a driver issue indeed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-and-amp-network-printer-issue-560679.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello All I have an issue with multiple network connections Network XP Multiple Connections Windows Issue with in under Windows XP Professional Service Pack See below for the details Setup I have a regular LAN connection to the company network I have added a 'dial up' network connection and am using a Nokia handset as a data modem over USB Scenario Issue with Multiple Network Connections in Windows XP After plugging in the USB cable to the modem I right click on the dial up connection via 'Network Connections' and click Connect The modem happily connects The problem is that Windows then 'Defaults' and uses the dial up connection the data modem as the default connection Both network connections are listed as 'Connected' in there status when this occurs but it would seem that Issue with Multiple Network Connections in Windows XP when ever I connect to the data modem that windows diverts all TCP IP traffic to the secondary connection The regular connection with the LAN adapter seems to be halted but is still listed as connected This same 'switching' behavior also occurs when I attempt to run simultaneous FTP sessions with FileZilla I start one FTP download via one connection and attempt to start another running another instance of Filezilla The second FTP download starts but the first one is halted Again under the network connection both com ports are defined as 'Connected' I can seem to have one but not the other Question Is there a way to simultaneously use multiple network connections in windows Why does windows seem to switch to the last connection established Any help would be greatly appreciated Matt

A:Issue with Multiple Network Connections in Windows XP

Hi i have hard time with ICS and i trying to get setup with windows XP home hook up the router (but i did disable the DHCP) and i cannot access the internet on windows XP home from my windows XP PRO on the router because the windows XP PRO have 2 NICs so i wanna to make setup for windows XP home under the windows XP PRO.....
both are SP3....

i have other windows and linux too under that router but my windows XP PRO won't let other access..... i use my zonealarm PRO but i have hard time to understand what the tech person to tell me how to access internet but..... i want make work with Video Phone which is VP-200 from sorensonVRS.... they give me to access for my Video Phone to give me access to call someone...... look at below.....

Inbound Ports:
Port 1720 (TCP)
Ports 15328-15348 (TCP & UDP)

Outbound Ports:
Ports 1024-65535 (TCP & UDP)
Port 21 (FTP)
Port 389 (LDAP)
Port 80 (HTTP)

someone tell me how to access with zonealarm PRO and fix the internet so other OS can access internet..... thank you for help me if you can
P.S. this windows XP PRO is doing fine but other OS isn't because of that zonealarm PRO and ICS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issue-with-multiple-network-connections-in-windows-xp-269357.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Here is my situation. Wireless router with wireless extender. Two PCs with wireless USB adapters (PC1 & PC2) and one wireless laptop (LT) on the network. All computers can access the internet. In my network places PC1 and LT can see each other AND also see PC2 which is great. However PC2 cannot see PC1 or LT. Norton antivirus corporate edition is running, XP Pro and all computers have windows firewall enabled. Computers are setup as Static. Why am I have problems with PC2 when all computers seem to have the same settings? Thanks

A:Windows Networking via wireless network issue

In your explanation it is not clear as to what computer is running Norton. Third party firewalls seems to be a big problem when setting up a home network for file and print sharing. That would be my first guess at solving your problem.

Edit:

Sorry, after reading again I see that Norton is anti-virus with Windows firewall running...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-networking-via-wireless-network-issue.458463/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I have a desktop computer that I usually connect through ethernet to my home network using a d-link powerline adapter The other night it just randomly stopped working and had been working all day previously I have been looking for a fix for two days now and have achieved nothing I reset the resetlog txt using command prompt I have assured that my adapter is configured to automatically assign an IP address I have used a restore point to return my computer to a time when the internet was working and I have also refreshed Windows currently on build and none of this has Network 10 not windows even did refresh fix a of Issue, Unidentified fixed my issue I have an external wireless antenna that works fine and I get wifi through it without a problem As I'm sure you have already guessed I am not the most technically proficient person but I feel that I have exhausted all available resources to try to fix my problem so I come here asking for help Code Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users User gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Unidentified Network Issue, even a refresh of windows 10 did not fix Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -DE- -A - -FA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - - C- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address -DE- -A - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ac c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- C-DC- - -DE- -A - -F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - - - C- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b fd b cf a cc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- C-DC- - -DE- -A - -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - C- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E DE F- FB - A-B EA- B AB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EFC F - A - -AF A- C E DF BAB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users User gt

A:Unidentified Network Issue, even a refresh of windows 10 did not fix

If you attempt to troubleshoot the connection, what error do you get?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36366-unidentified-network-issue-even-refresh-windows-10-did-not-fix.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys,

I have got a problem with my brother's computer. I have installed the ethernet controller driver from the CD, but I couldn't be able to connect to the network due to an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken. I tried to repaired it but it doesn't help. I went on manufacturer's Web site to look for a driver, but i couldn't find it. And I went on google and couldn't find it either. I don't know what I am suppose to do. The name of the motherboard my brother have got is ASROCK K7NF2-RAID.
Could anyone help me to find me the update driver or how I can be able to connect to the network of the rounter where i could be able to connect to the internet?
Any advice would be much appreicated.
Thanks in advance.

A:Local Area Connection Network Issue Windows 7

but I couldn't be able to connect to the network due to an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken.Click to expand...

you need to test the cable on another PC and make sure the cable is 1) correctly plugged in and 2) Not broken

for the driver
lets see an ipconfig /all
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-network-issue-windows-7.1082947/
Relevancy 44.72%

Several users are getting a delayed response when trying to open a network drive. There are several instances where it would take 15-30 seconds to open a network drive.

Also users are having issues saving a document, receiving the error message "access denied you do not have rights to do this" seems like the network connection is breaking at some point to making the computer think there is another copy open.

Lastly, some users are having issues connecting to an application that points to a network drive. After several attempts logging off and on usually solves the problem

What I've done so far:

latest windows updates
latest word processing and client updates

A:connectivity issue with windows 7 64bit and network drives

anyone have suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146548-connectivity-issue-windows-7-64bit-network-drives.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all, Ive tried everything possible to attempt to fix this issue and i couldn't

I recently removed a virus from my computer via MSE and since i've had to reboot from that I've been unable to access the internet in any form. I've tried all the netsh command and disable/enable, I've even tried to system restore but that didn't work. I will bump in a few minutes with my ipconfig. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

A:Issue: Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy

bump

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204332-issue-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi i have one bothersome problem with Windows and also Vista ok i have laptops one running Windows -bit and the other Vista -bit for some reason out of the blue both machines stopped getting access to the net and i have this ongoing message saying quot Limited Access No Connection quot and or quot Unidentified Network quot with the wireless with Network/Limited Connection issue Unidentified or No Access Windows 7 connections the strainge thing is both laptop sees my router but it would not connect NOW i have other laptops my old Compaq Presario V and a Dell Insparion D both Running Windows XP Pro and they connect to the router and my mom s Dell Mini running Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7 Windows -bit that too connects to the router i ve tried every method possible even googled solutions to find a way to Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7 fix the problem but to no avail since i have yet to a straight answer to fix it BTW i dont know if it has to do with teh fact that the laptops are running a -bit operating system and theres some incompatibility somewhere i mean im bout on the verge of giving up on fixing this and just wipe em both out and do a full re-installation as a last resort any pointers of how to quot properly quot fix this network issue nbsp

A:Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7

Hi Shadow,
I had a very similar issue when reinstalling xp pro onto a oldish laptop, again as with you my laptop could see my router but not connect, (a yellow triangle icon)

This is what I had to do perhaps/ I hope, it will work for you.

First I found a bit of free software that does not install but when run will give you all the info you need to know about your laptop, sorry was a while ago just google there is more than one.

This will let you know the exact wireless card you have in your system, then and it took me a bit of time to google and find the right one, download the latest driver for the wireless card.

Now I could connect by plugging a cable in and downloaded the update directly to the laptop in mention, however after running it it still did not work, so for some strange reason I re-downloaded it from another computer, copied it onto a pen drive and ran it from there and it worked.

Finding the correct driver can be a little tireless wading through the oh download and pay for my brilliant driver updater software, but somewhere in the middle of all that crap will be a genuine driver you need.

another option is go direct to the laptop manufacturers website and check if they have the driver's.

Worth a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-access-or-no-connection-issue-with-windows-7.961935/
Relevancy 44.29%

Pls help me out with the fine. is Network working internet 7 Windows Issue but unidentified following Windows unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine Unable to create hotspot What to do now IPv and IPv shows no internet connectivity C Users HOME gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HOME-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter netAccess Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description netAccess Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Contro ller NDIS Physical Address - - - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e b b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - Windows 7 unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine. - - - F- -FB- - - - - D- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CC -FEBA- AA -B E - B BBFA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B -A DD- BFB-B A-F BA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Windows 7 unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine.

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please check out this Tutorial.
Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wireless Hotspot

Another one here:
http://sanjutalks.wordpress.com/2012...se-in-android/

You may also check out on Connectify.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301605-windows-7-unidentified-network-issue-but-internet-working-fine.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey all constantly disconnecting Unidentified 7 Windows and Network issue, keeps reconnecting I found this forum while googling possible solutions to this problem but with no luck About a week ago after getting a new ISP and router my computer connected fine to the new wireless network my old ISP was Verizon and we had wireless DSL and my PC had no problems It went into sleep mode some time later and since then I ve been having this nonstop unidentified network problem that I ve tried multiple Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly things to fix but nothing has worked so far Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly It basically drops out the connection and my home network becomes unidentified and doesn t work Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly and then randomly reconnects and it happens over and over Sometimes when it connects it connects to NetworkProfile which seems to be exactly the same as my router s connection so I don t know if that s like a duplicate connection that was made or not I have no clue All I ve pinpointed so far is that it s definitely a computer issue My older laptop also Windows my iPhone my dad s iPhone and even his old Vista netbook can connect with no issues but with my PC it ll be connected then some time later it ll disconnect and say the network is unidentified and public This happens repeatedly It goes from this To this I also tried connecting to another network a hotspot created by my iPhone and it did the same thing so it s definitely not my new wireless service Might be a problem between my computer and wireless networks in general So I ve tried many different things and nothing has worked This includes uninstalling and reinstalling my old network adapter checking for drivers resetting the IP stack deleted Bonjour many things that come up when you google the problem I even got a new not too expensive thankfully network adapter and it still occurs It s irritating because this sounds like a very common issue with Windows and even looks like Was hoping some people could help out and help me pinpoint the issue here because this has been driving me nuts for a long time My last resort would be to reinstall Windows or do a factory reset but apparently that doesn t fix the issue and knowing my luck it d be the same with me Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read this and help me nbsp

A:Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-unidentified-network-issue-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-constantly.1149651/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I discovered this forum recently and it seems to be a good place to seek advice So here is my problem I installed Windows on a - 7 - Intel issue card 82562V-2 network Sleep Windows Dell Inspiron After a reboot everything works fine until Intel 82562V-2 network card - Windows 7 - Sleep issue I put the computer to sleep After resuming from sleep the cpu usage is extremely high even when the computer should be idle Task Manager shows that the System PID process is using some cpu Resource Monitor shows that a lot of time is spent in System Interrupts - Deferred Procedure Calls and Interrupt Service Routines My conclusions at this time is that the integrated network card Intel V- does not properly resume from sleep and creates a lot of system interrupts Note that disabling the network card makes the problem go away right away and the problem comes back right away after re-enabling it Tried upgrading BIOS of computer and driver of network card but that did not help Any suggestions Somebody else tried Windows on a Inspiron Thanks

A:Intel 82562V-2 network card - Windows 7 - Sleep issue

I don't see Dell Inspiron 530 on dell's website. How old is this laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/32361-intel-82562v-2-network-card-windows-7-sleep-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'll try to set this up as best I can I have a laptop with a fresh Windows install on it It is on my domain and I have a single GPO applied to it In the GPO under Computer Configuration Network Single with Wireless On Sign only Issue Policy Windows 8.1 - gt Windows Wireless Network Policy Single Sign On Issue with Windows 8.1 only Settings - gt Security Settings - gt Wireless Network Policies I have created a Windows Vista or later policy In the policy I have configured single sign on nbsp I log into a local account on the laptop and plug it into a wired connection I then run gpupdate on it At that point I unplug the network cable and log off Now from the login screen I click Other user and it looks like the screenshot below Notice that quot Windows will try to connect to quot is present I can login using domain credentials and single sign on works perfectly nbsp Now if I reboot the machine the quot Windows will try to connect to quot is gone and single sign on does not work If I log in with a local account and log out The quot Windows will try to connect to quot is present again I can login normally using domain credentials and single sign on works perfectly again One other note I installed a fresh copy of Windows on the same model laptop and put it in the same OU with that single GPO Single sign on works perfectly with the Windows machine every time Including after reboots Thank you in advance for any advice or comments I will be happy to provide additional information if it is needed

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c4a4c02-103c-46f3-a26b-9f5895c97b20/wireless-network-policy-single-sign-on-issue-with-windows-81-only?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 44.29%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i want to speed up my Network file transfer as fast as "whatever"
is there any way that i can do using script or software or anything
Local area connections speed: 100 Mbps

A:how to speed up my Lan network speed?

Guess you could replace everything with gigabit network cards, switch, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-speed-up-my-lan-network-speed.538203/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this thread should be here or in the Intenet / Network area but here goes.
Been using Microsoft Broadband Network Utility MN 500 on my system close to a year now & the network adapter on my laptop and everything was running beautifully.

However since I've installed service pack 2 on both computers, my laptop only stays online for about 5 - 10 minutes and loses connection with the network.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled Microsoft Broadband Network Utility, I've also tried the wireless network wizard service pack 2 offers but still the same results 5 - 10 minutes & lose connection

I know there is compatiblity issues between Microsoft Broadband Network Utility & Service Pack 2 but has anyone heard of any fixes out there ?

I don't want to have to unistall service pack 2, I'm hoping someone knows of some sort of patch ?

Thanks in advance for your help !!

A:Windows XP Service Pack 2 Compatibility Issue with MS Broadband Network Utility

Look for a patch for MBNU and SP2 If you cannot find one go here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=884130&product=windowsxpsp2 This is a list of programs that conflict with SP2
You can also go here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;ln;xpsp2getinstall Read over carefully . If you cannot find the trouble you may try uninstalling SP2 at add/remove then reinstalling , following these directions to the letter . Uninstalling should bring your computer back to where it was before you installed SP2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-service-pack-2-compatibility-issue-with-ms-broadband-network-utility.280216/
Relevancy 43.86%

So for some time now I have had intermittent network issue while booted into Windows ping my gateway router fine ping dns names like www google co uk www unixmen com and www microsoft com all work fine Ping my ISP DNS servers fine however if I attempt web browsing or application updates all fail with no internet access I have tried ethernet and wireless both results are the same across two ISP providers Virgin and BT If I reboot to Linux and attempt all above I have no issues at all so this is a Windows issue for sure HISTORY I have attempted to investigate this myself and had limited success with Dr Web Cureit which reported probably DFH HOST corrupted but I believed this to be a false positive due to my modification of my host file to limit Windows call home etc Note All has been working fine regardless of host mods Anyway I allowed Dr Web works Linux - Windows boot odd dual network fine 10 issue Cureit to fix rebooted and low and behold all worked ok this is no longer the case So I am struggling to identify the cause of this issue and would very much appreciate your help here please All efforts to correct this myself are now stopped Regards Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Charlie administrator on CHARLIE-PC - - Running from N Loaded Profiles Charlie Available Profiles Charlie amp DefaultAppPool Platform Windows Pro X Language English United Windows 10 odd network issue - Linux dual boot works fine Kingdom Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe QIHU SOFTWARE CO LIMITED C Program Files x Total Security safemon QHActiveDefense exe Sphinx Software C Program Files Windows FirewallControl Windows FirewallService exe CSIS Security Group C Program Files x Heimdal Service HeimdalAgentService exe Microsoft C Program Files x Heimdal HeimdalSecureDNS DNSService exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe SecureMix LLC C Program Files x GlassWire GWCtlSrv exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mqsvc exe Qihu Software Co Limited C Program Files x Total Security safemon QHWatchdog exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VEEAMSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Services GSS GameScannerService exe C Program Files Reason Security Protection rscp bin rscp svc exe Reason Software Company Inc C Program Files Reason Security rsEngineSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe GlavSoft LLC C Program Files TightVNC tvnserver exe Company C Program Files x Popcorn Time Updater exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SystemApps ShellExperienceHost cw n h txyewy ShellExperienceHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SystemApps Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy SearchUI exe C Program Files Reason Security Protection rscp bin rscp bg exe NVI... Read more

A:Windows 10 odd network issue - Linux dual boot works fine

Dear All,

Please do not look into this suspected infection it turned out to be a corrupt .ddl file for my firewall Glasswire that was causing what looked like an infection.

Thanks to FRST tool and viewing the Additional.txt it was starring me right in the eye.

Mods please close

Regards
Kevin

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589782/windows-10-odd-network-issue-linux-dual-boot-works-fine/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi In Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on a MS Windows Pro PC in the LAN that is joined to a Windows domain and has an IPv address in the private IP range I created outbound rules that block SMB Advanced network with browsing an causes Windows Security with unexpected Firewall issue connections to the Internet hosts see http blog cylance com redirect-to-smb for more info on why you Windows Firewall with Advanced Security causes an unexpected issue with network browsing would like to do it For that outbound rules I use the following settings - Local IP address Any IP address - Remote IP address These IP addresses gt Add gt Predefined set of computers Internet - Remote ports UDP UDP TCP TCP Below you can see how the rules look like in the Group Policy Management Editor the intention is to Windows Firewall with Advanced Security causes an unexpected issue with network browsing apply these rules with a GPO The following tests show that the rules work correctly on the test PC - When the rules are disabled the test PC can connect to a shared folder on a Windows PC accessible on a public IPv address - When the rules are enabled the test PC cannot connect to the same shared folder on a Windows PC accessible on a public IPv address In both cases the test PC can connect to shared folders in the LAN But with the rules enabled we also noticed that the test PC cannot browse other PCs in the LAN through Windows Explorer Also quot net view quot command returns System error has occurred The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available After additional investigation we found out that disabling the rule for port UDP solves the issue The question is why does network browsing not work in the LAN when the firewall rule should block only outbound trafic on port UDP to the Internet hosts -- rpr Click here for viewing the image in full size

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/39c00496-09be-45b0-afeb-705871406157/windows-firewall-with-advanced-security-causes-an-unexpected-issue-with-network-browsing?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 43.43%

I am taking a class at my school, and they lent us these older Dell laptops that run at 1.3ghz, have 800mhz fsb, and contain 256mb ddr ram (loaded up bios on the computer to see). What I can't figure out is the fact that whenever I log on using the schools user name, the computer takes a good 30 seconds logging on, and starts out with 100% usage of the cpu, although only has 22 processes. I end around six or seven of them, although the computer speeds up, it is still slow. It could probably use a good defragmenting, though it wouldn't slow down that much, right? Also, the computers are very restricted. I know some bugs with Xp that can remove the administators password, but I won't touch these computers further than I have.

A:Speed issue

Hi cfitzarl,

I don't know if there are 1.3 GHZ CPU's with a 800MHZ FSB. I think those 800MHZ FSB CPU's are Northwood's C (A or B, donīt know ), and Prescotts.
There are 1.3GHZ P4's, with 400MHZ FSB, some P3's with 133FSB, etc.

Regarding the machine, I'd defragment it, but it would take a while. I don't think that you have time to do it.
Also, it could have viruses, and crap like that.

Anyways, 1.3 GHZ is a little slow for windows XP, so don't expect miracles, especially if they have a normal coppermine Celeron CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.58547/
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently added memory to my Gateway FX 7026 quad core. After I was done with the process, during the post process an error flashed across (too quick to capture unfortunately), but it had to do with a Microsoft Handler of some sort. The net result is that my cpu cooling fan is running constantly at top speed now. I have had the system for 6 months and it has never run like this before.

Any ideas?

A:Fan Speed Issue

Hello Erekosa, welcome to Vista forums!

Seeing that you're having issues with new RAM installed and 'handler' issues; it may be that the 'new' RAM is bad! (it happens)

The best option would be to burn Memtesr86 to a CD and test each stick individually for at least one full pass.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190019-fan-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

HP DL145
2.32ghz x2
2gb RAM
Win7 x64

I am having a strange issue. My wired download speed is .80/mbps while my upload is 8.5/mbps. The connection is FIOS 35/35 and I am having zero issues with any other cpu on the network wired or wireless.

This is a new machine with a fresh install on it. The only 'third party' app is Chrome.

Network setup is follows:
Verizon FIOS ont box > Cisco E1000 Router > Linksys 24port 10/100 switch

This box is plugged into the switch at the end of the chain. I have swapped cables and have tested different machines. Everything else is working fine but not this machine.

Any tips?

A:Speed Issue

Is that the speed that you are seeing when you download a file or is it through a speed test?

Also, if that is the speed while downloading a file but your speed test is fine; Does the download start high then drop down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181580-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ran into a bit of a snafu wondering if some kind soul s might take pity and offer a hand I ve had this computer home built for a few years and never had any problems with it I turned on the computer yesterday and the BIOS is showing the incorrect CPU it shows Athlon XP I can t remember what it used to say I think but I m not Windows XP is showing my speed as Ghz which is Mhz less than it Speed Issue CPU used to show as it used to show xGhz I don t know exactly what my CPU is so I don t know what to look for when changing my CPU Speed Issue FSB multiplier and such I used CPU-Z hoping it would give me some clue but it is also telling me I have as an AMD Athlon XP Barton Currently my multipler is set at and my bus speed is Can anyone help me locate my missing Mhz Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-issue.801691/
Relevancy 43.43%

Just got an EVGA GTX570 Superclocked GFX card. Card works like a dream! One thing though. EVGA Precision will now only let me take the fan speed up to 85%. Can anyone tell me why or how to fix the issue? I have completly uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them but i can still only acheve 85% fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-speed-issue.161308/
Relevancy 43.43%

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

A:speed issue with Win 7 pro x64

Quote: Originally Posted by pctechdude

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

Could be a bad network driver, configuration issue, bad cable, conflict with another device on wifi, dns, etc

Can you go to start>search>type cmd>right click and run as admin>ipconfig /all

Take a screenshot and upload it to us.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139915-speed-issue-win-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I have bought this laptop, in the product specification it tells me the ram speed should be ddr3 1600 MhzI have downloaded bios updates, and now the HP Support assistent tells me my ram speed is only 800 Mhz??I went inside bios but it doesn't give me options to change ram speed. 800 Mhz is slow. is there a way to change itback to 1600 or at least 1333 Mhz? Regards

A:Ram Speed Issue

@ginoversace?, welcome to the forum. Your RAM is Double Data Rate (DDR).  Therefore, if you take 800 MHz x 2 you have 1600 MHz. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Speed-Issue/td-p/5778237
Relevancy 43.43%

i have the latest BIOS update wich is F36 and i still have the issue from the time i bought this laptop win 8.1 to win 10 all up todate the problem is exisit and every time i upgarding the BIOS software i didnt see the problem has fixed !! the prblem in short that i cant hear the fan loud or maximum speed when i play game when the CPU Tem reach 80c the Fan did not reach the maximum speed (with that said CPU must not reach higher than 70c ) even though my FAN did not work properly )that i heared before every time i tried to update the BIOS ican heare it extreamly load and clear  . please HP this is supper proiority and must be fixed as soon as possible i cant play any game at this moment because of lack of speed in the fan to cool dowen the cpu .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/fan-speed-issue/td-p/5854677
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i am using a zoom modem. i am connected but the speed is slow. on checking the router status it is showing the downstream speed as 1728 and upstream as 448, but when i run a online speed test it gives a speed of 130kb/s and upload as 377Kb/s.On the router by gateway is showing as 217.47.151.193 and the ip is showing as

On CMD the gateway is 10.0.0.2 and the same ip.

Please suggest what i need to do to get the same speed that is showing on router status.

A:speed issue

hi the problem is resolved it was the problem with the modem i bought a new linksys modem and now i am geting the same spped as showing on the router status, but will any one suggest what may be the issue with the zoom modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue.804691/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I have recently just got Virgin Media 10mb connection (wireless). Me and my friend share this connection, he has a mac i have a pc(laptop). It seems that my friend can get near enough full speed with downloads etc (tested on speedtest.net), my friend got nearly 10mb download speed, however I averaged at 6mb. Another example, my friend downloaded a file from a website, the speed went at about 1.5mb/s, I then downloaded the exact same file directly after his download had finished, my average download speed was 250kb/s.
My wireless card is "intel(r) pro/wireless 3945abg", it is a 54mb/s card so it should be more than capable to get the full 10mb/s that is offered to me. Any help in how to 'de-restrict' my card to obtain the full speed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.43%

I just got 16GB of Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz ram. The computer has automatically set the speed to 1333Mhz. I went into the BIOS [I think it was the Bios] and there was no option to change the Ram speed. ProcessorAMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 RAM6.0 GB Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit  HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop PC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Ram-speed-Issue/td-p/5713029
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dell demension 3000 ( i know nothing special) The original specs were a 512mb ram and a 2.8ghz p4 and i have upgraded it to 2gb of ram and a ati radeon X1550 256mb graphics card. I just reformatted from xp home to xp pro and i have noticed a sever slow down in the computer before battlefield 2 maps would load within 2 to 3 mins and ran smooth now they take close to 5 and are jitterey in the game and simple task on the computer are all jittery and slow to what could be causeing this. is it xp pro or something else. I have ran virus scan and several disk defrag waht could be wrong.

A:Speed issue

Does that computer come with onboard graphics? And if so did you disable it in the BIOS and or uninstall it in device manager? Was the Pro installed fresh? Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the GPU drivers? In the BIOS you'll find a setting that says Init Display First. If you switched from onboard to a graphics card that need to be changed from PCI to AGP or PCI express depending on the systems configuration. The other thing is when the graphics become jerky like that it is often either a GPU unable to handle the applications graphics (like an old card trying to play a new game), or it's a GPU heat issue, but with the heat thing you would probably be getting artifacts (patchy areas that aren't rendering properly) as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.116287/
Relevancy 43.43%

Is it possible with the non-W7 machine's shares set to something besides "guest access allowed"?

I've tried a few tweaks on my Windows 7 desktop and my Kubuntu 11.04 Linux-running laptop. Nothing has worked. Unless access to a shared directory is set to guest on the laptop, the Windows box keeps asking for a legitimate password, whenever I attempt to 'open' them.

Both machines have the same log-in strings for both basic log-on and Samba. Or do they? I'm presuming there's no separate logon/password required for Windows 7 Home Premium when it comes to file sharing, but as a late Windows XP Professional user (both SP2 and SP3), I'm not taking anything wholly for granted. Any Windows build since the dawn of XP that installs without gpedit.msc is bound to be lacking in other ways, imco.

So any help or advice someone could offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BZT

A:Issue area: Mixed-network file sharing with Windows 7 Home Premium

Have a look at this. How to Share Printers and Files in Ubuntu and Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204330-issue-area-mixed-network-file-sharing-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I got my comcast internet connection this morning; I setup my wireless connection and its connecting fine with my office computer. Unfortunately personal computer (HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC in which Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2 is installed) is not able to connect with the router. I even tried connecting my modem directly - NO Luck. It was connecting for couple of minutes and getting disconnected.

Both my office computer and my iPod are connecting fine with the wireless network but my personal computer is showing Connected (local access only) icon in the system tray. When I mouse over, its showing "Unidentified Network (<network name>"
Is there any way to resolve it?

Thanks in advance
Subeesh

A:Unidentified Network issue when connecting wireless n/w from Windows Vista Home Prem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-issue-when-connecting-wireless-n-w-from-windows-vista-home-prem.1012965/
Relevancy 43%

Hey chaps I have just got bt broadband and a homehub v However I am trying to use utorrent on my desktop The main router that is being used is a TP- Link TD-W N which is then plugged into a powerline adaptor This comes out of the other powerline adapter in another room and goes into the bt homehub which I am using as a hub the ethernet cable comes off this into the desktop When I use my laptop on the wireless and connect with utorrent I can Issue utorrent speed with get speeds of up to MB d l but when I use the desktop I can only get around - KB s Issue with utorrent speed I have followed stuff online and set Issue with utorrent speed port forwarding on the homehub but Issue with utorrent speed I am still getting terrible speeds Can anyone help Thanks Chalph Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT GTO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG WH AAD - BQWH HU Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Issue with utorrent speed

For your convenience here is a copy of the rule:
P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-utorrent-speed.993971/
Relevancy 43%

Hey Techist Community I was wondering if you guys could help shed some light on this issue since it's been puzzling me for a couple of days now I recently bought a new wireless router which is wirelessly bridged with my Router Modem downstairs all setup fine on my laptop it shows down and up through the ethernet cable excellent stuff However on my desktop PC using the SAME ethernet cable I get down but zilch upload on speedtest net the upload doesn't even start to test it OS Windows -bit Professional Ethernet Driver Installed Killer E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Downloaded latest version from the MSI website earlier Motherboard MSI Z -G Gaming Socket HDMI D-Sub DVI -Channel Audio ATX Motherboard So ye laptop gets down and up then using same cable and not moving the router whatsoever I put it in my desktop PC and I get down and zero up I believe Upload LAN Speed Issue this is a hardware issue which Is why I posted it here but if I've posted in the wrong section then please accept my apology

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/lan-upload-speed-issue-277107/
Relevancy 43%

Hello Everyone,

i am downloading google softwares with fast speed but slow on other sites slow speed.....

I mean when i download any google softwares and youtube videos ..download speed will be about 1Mbps but when i download from any sites like softpedia.com or other sites ..download speed will be about 25 kbps...please guide me ...

Thanks

Jenisbob

A:Issue on download speed

First what kind of internet service do you have, and what speed.
Test your internet using dsl reports, or speedtest. I prefer speedtest: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

How are you connecting to the internet, wired or wireless. Also as a side note the slow download speeds could also be on the downstream server end. The number of simultaneous downloads, they might throttle back the server to save bandwith, etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-on-download-speed-657806.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys after installing some new RAM i checked CPU-Z to see if all was ok, and it doesn't seem to be.

I bought some Crucial Ballistix 8Gb 1866MHz, however is doesn't seem to be running at 1866 more like 667MHZ.

I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 and a AMD FX-4100

Is there way i can force the speed on the RAM to 1866?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Toby

A:Memory Speed Issue

CPU-Z reports the clock frequency of the RAM. DDR (DDR2, DDR3) transfer data twice per clock tick, so CPU-Z reports 667MHz for DDR3-1333.

Most motherboards seem to run DDR3-1333 and up at DDR3-1333 by default. To get the higher frequency, you'd either need to set the BIOS to use XMP, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/283103-memory-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok, I'm stumped by my internet issue. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Ping is averaging 11000ms, upload 0.01-0.07, download 0.2-0.4
Here's the setup: AT&T modem --> Linksys Router --> 2 simple switches --> computers

What I tried:
1. I plugged in a laptop directly to the modem and speed is back to normal.
2. I swapped out a cat 5 cable between the modem and router and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.
3. I swapped out the router with a new one and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.

So the router is fine. I don't think it's the switches if everything is working fine for a couple minutes. Also, my wireless is fast and then bad again when I tried swapping stuff out.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 43%

Hi all.

My friend sent me a message about his laptop. He formatted it last night because it was running very slow, but the problem continues.

What sort of things should he look at to fix his issue?

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 43%

Hey all boys and girls First post Now to my question problem I have just bought a laptop from Fujitsu Siemens Its a model Amilo M G and it runns with Pentium M Gz GB worth of RAM - Please Help! speed issue Wireless LAN Nvidia MB Please Help! - Wireless LAN speed issue Go Integrated wireless b g Windows Home Edition SP Norman Virus Control just updated Router is D-Link DI- For more spec just ask me I have a problem with my wireless speed My signal strength is max when ever I am inside my house But the speed gets as low as Mbit s My brother has a laptop and it runns just fine with the WLAN and he can play intenet games surf and everything else with out problems We live far away from anyone else so it cannot be that someone is stealling my connection There are people with a simmilar problem http forums speedguide net archive index php t- html And it happens to quite manny so there has to be some sort off solution My friend told me it might be a firewall issue Can that be it and what do I do to get rid off it Any help is greatly appreciated Thanx Hyper nbsp